Windows Support Forum

Solved: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner is not accessible. Access denied.

Q: Solved: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner is not accessible. Access denied.

I'd like to transfer the data from my Owner profile to a new profile, but I keep receiving this message while trying to do so: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner is not accessible. Access denied.

I followed the Microsoft Knowledge Base article, so I don't know what's preventing me from accessing the Owner folder.

Note I'm using an administrator account to access the Owner folder.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner is not accessible. Access denied.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner is not accessible. Access denied.

Could be the permissions are set for the Owner account only, and not the Administrators Group.

Right click the C:\Documents and Settings\Owner folder, click Properties, then click the Security tab.
Make sure Administrators is listed -- note the s, and the icon should have two heads, not one.
You must have simple file sharing turned off to see the security tab and for XP Home, boot into safe mode, or install the XP Security tab fix from the link in this post
To turn off simple file sharing:
Control Panel | Folder Options
View tab
Uncheck Use simple file sharing (Recommended) (last item in the list)

You can also take ownership of the folder:
How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-c-documents-and-settings-owner-is-not-accessible-access-denied.825290/
Relevancy 99.2%

Win xp sp2. My computer crashed and I had to use the recovery disc supplied by the manufacturer. The recovery process erased the HD but offered me the option of backing up which I did. When I try to open the 'owner' folder or any of the users folders it says 'Access denied'. How can I open my owner folder to recover my files. This is only happening with the users folders and not with other folders on the C: drive.

A:Solved: Denied access to c:\documents and settings\owner folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-denied-access-to-c-documents-and-settings-owner-folder.719044/
Relevancy 93.62%

Hi my cousin has been living with us and Settings\Owner Denied C:\Documents and Access using the family computer for a while now and keeps installing random C:\Documents and Settings\Owner Access Denied freeware programs from the internet at will Needless to say the performance went down considerably to the point C:\Documents and Settings\Owner Access Denied where no one wanted to use it so I decided to remove a bunch of them using the remove software tool I came to one quot C:\Documents and Settings\Owner Access Denied Samsung Media Studio quot which when I tried to uninstall it said it could not access specific files because they were located in the C Documents and Settings Owner file and I did not have access to it I was in the original admin account set up on the computer from day I restarted in safe mode and tried to just access this file but was denied access Tried again using the Administrator account found in safe mode but same thing again I can not even explore this file We previously had a problem with the sound drivers on my machine where there would be no sound produced at all I finally discovered they had been deleted or replaced now that same problem has returned after a portion of the program noted above s files had been removed so I m starting to wonder if he has let this third party program manage the sound drivers or if it has done something malicious to the System I m at a loss I found a few threads related to this but nothing directly and nothing that remedied my problem so any help at all here would be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 83.39%

I performed a System Recovery. I installed Word and went to access my Owner documents from the Backup File that was created during the Recovery. However, I now get this error message: C:\My Backup-10-01-18 0912AM\Documents and Settings\Owner is not accessible. Access is denied. So I have LOST all of my work. However, I can easily access any and all files under the Guest profile. Can anyone help me figure out what happened to the Owner profile?

thank you!

Relevancy 105.78%

I just did a rescue and recovery with my XP Home PC Now I am getting the above error message when I try to click on the quot My Documents quot folder I believe the folder was accessible right after I completed my recovery because I could get to the Not Documents My Access is Denied Accessible. Downloads folder easily but something has changed The only things I can think that I did were I tried to recover a couple of files from my external hard drive to My Documents after XP was installed using Acronis other than that when I installed re-installed Windows I set files and folder to private when My Documents Not Accessible. Access is Denied prompted But I m not sure that s the problem because when I right click on the My Documents folder quot make this folder private quot is not checked off I ve also tried rebooting in safe mode as per a Microsoft article they say this is what to do in XP Home but when I did that the computer just eventually gave me the option to reboot back into Windows in one mode or another I also tried a Microsoft article that said to reboot in quot safe networking mode quot and then adding a line but it did nothing I read online about the possibility of an administrator change affecting things but I had just made myself administrator on the recovery so I m not sure And perhaps it s none of these things and is much simpler Can you please help with this I just want to access My Documents Thank you very much nbsp

A:My Documents Not Accessible. Access is Denied

It's probably just a matter of changing permissions.

How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP (Or Vista, 7)

If you have Home Edition of XP, use this to make the Security tab appear: XP Security Tab Home Edition. You will not need Safe Mode as in the MS directions. Just use this to get the security tab, and then use the "Undo" file to get things back to normal.

You could also follow THESE DIRECTIONS to add an entry to your context menu so that you can take ownership of files and folders easily.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-documents-not-accessible-access-is-denied.1039187/
Relevancy 102.77%

Hiya,
Had probs with my PC not booting up so took it to a PC repair shop that found that the part on my hard drive that holds the boot-up info was corrupt, they istalled a new hard drive but managed to keep the old one as a 2nd hard drive as the rest of the data was good on it.
I am now trying to access my files on the old hard drive under documents and settings\user but it wont allow me to access them - how can I access the files? I did set up user accounts on this but they were not password protected...
I'm on XP...
PS I've tried info on here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421 but I dont have a 'security' tab once i click on properties....I'm no techy so advice in laymans terms please!!
Ta,
Matti

A:Solved: D:\Documents and Settings\user is not accesible. Access is denied. Help

If you are running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, you must start the computer in safe mode, and then log on with an account that has Administrative rights to have access to the Security tab.Click to expand...

Did you follow this step? When you start the computer, and before Windows boots, you need to press F8 and select Safe Mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-d-documents-and-settings-user-is-not-accesible-access-is-denied-help.747468/
Relevancy 102.34%

For some reason, the folders "my music", "my pictures", and "my videos" get the error "access is denied" in windows explorer/documents/.
I've checked in properties/security and I have full access to the folders as admin. and as the individual user that I'm logged in as.

We recently upgraded from windows xp pro to vista and had a few problems with our antivirus program. We had been using avira free antivir but it caused a conflict with online armor firewall so we switched to avg free. I ran some virus scans a couple of days ago and adwcleaner found about 8 items, and eset found around 14. This was unusual - when we were running xp and avira we never got this many.
We're running windows vista business on a dell optiplex gx620.
Help appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531424/windows-explorerdocumentsmy-music-not-accessible-access-is-denied/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi, if anyone could help me with this, it would be great!

All of a sudden when I try to open my C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents folder, it says "access denied"

running xp home sp2.

any suggestions?

oh, I did a google for solutions and various pages often suggested I turn off simple file sharing, but the option is non existant under my file/view menu...

A:Access Denied to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents

It sounds to me as though the administrator has made that directory path private. Are you the admin, and if so, are you logged into a user account with admin rights? If all else fails, reboot and log into the Administrator account and go to the control panel/users and change your preferred account status. While you're there, unlock the problem path to allow all users to view.

Good Luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/access-denied-to-c-documents-and-settings-all-users-documents-15657.html
Relevancy 95.46%

My 'User Account Type' is 'Administrator', yet access is denied when I try and enter Documents & Settings.
This has just started to happen. I must have ticked a box somewhere!
Any ideas how I can regain access?

A:Access to 'Documents & Settings' Denied

Remove the hidden and read only attributes of the files you are trying to access. Someone on this forum had the same problem a couple of days ago.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/65912-access-documents-settings-denied.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I'm logged in as an administrator; I open Windows Explorer using 'Run as administrator' and try to access 'Documents & Settings'. Although UAS is set to off (i.e. the slider is at the bottom of its range) I still get 'Access Denied'.

I tried to run Group Management Console but the file gmcp.msc is not on this machine and when I try to download it I get an unhelpful message saying there are incompatibility issues but don't give any details - typical MS!

Windows 7 home Premium, fully up-to-date.

Can anyone help on this please?

A:Access Denied on 'Documents & Settings' although UAS is set to off

OK, I found a way. Just take ownership of the folder! Easy as that. Don't know why the UAC is still causing problems though, even though it's effectively turned off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/307394-access-denied-documents-settings-although-uas-set-off.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I am trying to scan documents with my Epson GT-S50 scanner. The documents runs through the scanner, then the process stops with the error message "Access to Documents and Settings Denied" When I google that error message a number of vendors come up wanting to sell PC Utilities software, which will supposedly fix the problem, for $29.95--supposedly money back guarantee.

How do I get past this error message? I really need to scan these documents.

A:Access to Documents and Settings Denied

Hi possibly this may help How to set, view, change, or remove special permissions for files and folders in Windows XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/access-to-documents-and-settings-denied-652204.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi:

My laptop died a month ago and the technical support guy saved my HD, so I was able to copy its files to my new laptop through an USB device.

I have copied all the files but when I try to click in Documents and Settings, it says "Access denied". I have all my pics in that folder, and I don't know what to do next.

Is there any possibility of saving my photographs?

Thanks a lot.

A:Access denied to Documents and Settings where I have all my pics

Worry not ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-denied-to-documents-and-settings-where-i-have-all-my-pics.634212/
Relevancy 94.17%

I ve been using Win for a while and have found some quirky behavior but this one has got me stumped The Documents and Settings Folder now appears in Explorer as a Shortcut I don t recall that being the case before When I click it I get the pop up window quot You don t currently have permission to access this folder quot Clicking continue gives nd pop up quot You have been denied access to this folder quot There is only account set up on this laptop and it is the Administrator and of course that is how I am logged in The security permissions show that I have quot Full Control quot quot Special Permissions quot are only assigned to the System If I look at he properties at Settings to and Access Documents Folder Denied least of the shortcut in Explorer they are set to Read-Only So I d like to verify that Access to this folder via Explorer is by Shortcut and it was always that way and didn t magically change There should be access to the actual folder at least by the Administrator Account and how do you access this folder dag nab it Thanks Win nbsp

A:Access Denied to Documents and Settings Folder

winbob said:

I've been using Win7 for a while and have found some quirky behavior, but this one has got me stumped. The Documents and Settings Folder now appears in Explorer as a Shortcut...I don't recall that being the case before? When I click it, I get, the pop up window, "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." Clicking 'continue' gives 2nd pop up, "You have been denied access to this folder".

There is only 1 account set up on this laptop, and it is the Administrator, and of course that is how I am logged in. The security permissions show that I have "Full Control". "Special Permissions" are only assigned to the 'System'.

If I look at he properties (at least of the shortcut in Explorer) they are set to Read-Only.

So, I'd like to verify that:

1. Access to this folder via Explorer is by Shortcut...and it was always that way and didn't magically change.

2. There should be access to the actual folder, at least by the Administrator Account.

3. and how do you access this folder dag nab it.

Thanks,

WinClick to expand...
If no group permissions were changed it is a simple case of ownership. Right click the shortcut>ope file location>right click folder>security>who owns it?

If the owner is not you, you can either add yourself to the group that owns it (trusted installer perhaps?) or take ownership of the folder.
That should enable access

Let us know if you need help

ken J

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-denied-to-documents-and-settings-folder.925239/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello,

I think I did something stupid and am facing the consequences but am hoping that someone can help me to remove the blockage.

A week ago, I was setting up a Guest User account for my roommate to use my PC. I clicked on Security tab to make some changes so she won't have a full control or access to drive C like documents and whatnot.

Then recently, I had to re-format drive C and after that, I downloaded a file I needed and was instructed to place it in drive C: documents and settings/users folder. However, I couldn't find the document & settings folder and I was puzzled and then realized that it's hidden from the public and non-accessible.

I tried to reverse the permissions and whatnot but I'm still not accessing to that part anymore.

How do I remedy that and remove all the blockages?

Thanks in advance!

A:Drive C: documents and settings - access denied

Win Vista and 7 have a different directory structure than XP. They do not use a Documents and Settings folder, and block access to it to prevent improper installations. Instead, it stores user data in C:\Users\. Try putting your data there, instead.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/drive-c-documents-and-settings-access-denied-426242.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I am trying to open a user folder on a backup image I have.

It is an Acronis True Image backup and mounts a virtual drive you can then access.

The error I receive when trying to open the 'user' folder is:

----------------------

G:\Documents and Settings\user is not accessible.

Access Is Denied

----------------------

I have tried to turn of simple file sharing and add my the administrator to the permission but am not able to.

The Add... Button is greyed out.

If i go to the Advanced section and Owner tab.

I receive: You only have permission to view the current owner on user.

The only areas I can edit are the Auditing ones.

Any idea on how I can get access to my files short of re imaging this backup to a disk?

Thanks

Relevancy 94.17%

Despite logged in with Administrator privileges, I can not access this folder. Any reasons. Try to change the Access right for this, but can not change.

Where else should I look?

A:Access Denied for Documents & Settings folder

Try this ffrree.

Take Ownership Shortcut

See how that goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/210849-access-denied-documents-settings-folder.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I can no longer access my 'Documents and Settings' folder, each time I try, I get a message saying 'Access denied'. I tried running a search for files I know are within that folder, but the search just seems to bypass that folder altogether. I tried a system restore, but that didn't help either. HELP!

A:Documents and Settings folder - access denied

Hi Magnummaniac, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Documents and Settings in Windows 7 is not a folder, it is just a junction (link) used for backward compatibility with Windows XP; for instance when an application tries to save something as in XP to Document and Settings, Windows 7 redirects the action to corresponding folder in its own main Users folder, default at C:\Users. A user should never need to access Documents and Settings in Windows 7.

Using myself as an example, I have used Windows 7 six years now, started over a year before it was officially published in 2009. I have never - I repeat Never Ever - even clicked the Documents and Settings icon, nor have I had any reason to access it.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334291-documents-settings-folder-access-denied.html
Relevancy 93.31%

anytime i try to access documents and settings, am told access is denied.i want to paste a file at startup but because of this i cant.Also am trying to let my pc welcome me after booting but i cant pls assist memessage edited by EddyEmrysAsante

A:Access Denied for Windows 8.1 Documents & Settings folder

That is the correct condition - you are not supposed to be able to access that area. If you have tried to force the issue undo whatever you have done before you hit trouble, using System Restore if necessary.This is the path you want to get you to the Startup folder:"C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"You need to say what this welcome idea is about - a screen message, audio or what? You can put a shortcut in Startup to whatever you wish.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/access-denied-for-windows-81-documents-settings-folder-/2011.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Dear All,

I am installing a software which was used in my old OS : XP.
But when I am trying to install it in new machine (Windows-7 32 bit).
It is showing "Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings' is denied." message in middle of installation.

I tried below solutions :

1. Running setup as " Run as administrator"
2. By chanding "Local Users and Groups" -> Administartor (properties)-> Account Is Disabled
3.Tries changing access setting.

Nono of above soltion worked.Please help.

Thanks

A:Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings' is denied - Win7-32 Bit

Documents and settings, in Windows 7, is relegated to a System file and is known, together with several other "legacy" folders, as a "junction" folder. It is there for backward compatibility purposes only.
Your problem could be just that - compatibility. Try right clicking the installation file and check under the compatibility options. Run in Xp mode and also as Administrator. See if that is succesful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/212403-access-path-c-documents-settings-denied-win7-32-bit.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello,

When I go to Start-Run-cmd-ok the resulant screen shows:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner

and I don't know how to delete this line so that I can enter the command that I want to run (driverquery).
I'm hoping that there is a simple solution. I obviously am not too experienced in using the command prompt.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Joe Sixties

Relevancy 92.88%

I had to remove a hard drive from my old computer It was partitioned into a gig C drive and a gig D drive with XP operating system The drive is now in an external enclosure and shows up as is and settings/Gary Solved: not accessible H:\documents H drive for the old C and I drive for the old D drive When I try to access my files on the H old C drive under H Solved: H:\documents and settings/Gary is not accessible Documents and Settings Gary I get the message Access is denied I am using a laptop with XP operating system and Gary Wegener is my user account on the working laptop and the old desktop I have a zillion pictures on the H old C drive in a folder titled pictues and they are all accessible but they are not inside the my documents folder thoughts this likely isn t the end of the world for me if I can access stuff under my old quot my documents quot as I had most on the old D drive nbsp

A:Solved: H:\documents and settings/Gary is not accessible

They are all there.

How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP (Or Vista, 7)

If you have the Home edition and are following the directions above, you can skip the part about rebooting altogether and make the Security tab appear without Safe Mode by using this XP Security Tab Home Edition. Run the "undo" after using it to change your permissions.

Or use these:

"Take Ownership" Context Menu
"Take Control"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-h-documents-and-settings-gary-is-not-accessible.896217/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hey! I have a problem here, i'm trying to recover some data for a friend, i took his hard drive out of his laptop and hooked it up, but the docs and settings folder is denied. I'm running XP Home Sp2, and i've looked around on the net before coming here.

All of the sites so far have said that you need to take ownership of the folder, so i dled and installed security configuration manager, restarted, and sure enough i could see the security tab on every folder on all three of my hard drives and the laptop hard drive, EXCEPT the Docs and settings folder...so i tried the hard drive itself,...i went in and changed ownership to myself with all subcontainers as well, still no luck.....

and ive tried in safe mode as well, which didn't do anything

A:Access Denied - Documents and Settings on crashed hard drive

Probably sounds stupid, but did you check the properties of the folder to see if it's read/write protected or encrypted?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/access-denied-documents-and-settings-on-crashed-hard-drive-405032.html
Relevancy 92.45%

The title basically explains it. I don't have a security tab when I right click on properties. I searched for a solution already, and I downloaded the security thing for NT, but I restarted and it didn't work. I really need to access this folder, as it was the whole reason I saved the hard drive and didn't reformat it when I had to fix my computer. It has about 40gb of music and documents and irreplacable pictures.

Relevancy 90.3%

Hi:

My friends computer appears to have gotten a mean virus or spyware. Windows will not successfully start. I removed the drive and set it up as an external drive and scanned it with SuperAntiSpyWare, AVG and MalWarebytes Antimalware. All found some trojans and viruses, apparently removing them all. However, I still cannot access his profile or the administrator profile--all report access denied.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom

A:Windows continually restarts/Documents & Settings user profile access denied

Hi:

I also tried booting up with an Ubuntu boot cd and I still couldn't access either the administrator or the user profile. Any ideas?

Tom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296152/windows-continually-restartsdocuments-settings-user-profile-access-denied/
Relevancy 89.87%

I ve encountered a problem on my Windows XP machine Suddenly neither the D drive Asus CD R W drive or the E not is accessible. D:\ is Access Solved: denied. drive Lite-On DVD R W drive will read media Another computer will read the media so it s not the CDs or the DVDs This computer and the drives has basically worked flawlessly for the past three years I ve added RAM and an additional hard drive over time but no changes have been made in about the last six months When I look at the drives with Device Manager it says that they are working fine I disagree The drive trays work so Solved: D:\ is not accessible. Access is denied. they re getting power I ve disconnected and re-connected the IDE cable - no change I ve also tried removing one drive at a time from the system thinking that perhaps a problem with one drive on the IDE cable could be causing a problem with both drives but no change I reconfigured the master slave jumpers when I did this Anybody have any ideas suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 89.87%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Radeon X Series Mb Hard Drives C c:/ Access accessible. not denied Solved: Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB H Solved: c:/ not accessible. Access denied Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P WD -E Premium Antivirus Trend Micro Maximum Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Multi boot Solved: c:/ not accessible. Access denied PC as presented above Win - on C Win - on E Win XPsp on D C and D partitions on same Seagate gb drive E on separate Seagate tb drive Worked fine Solved: c:/ not accessible. Access denied for last nine months since created Needed to reinstall gb drive after hardware de-dust and reseat of SATA cables and power cables to both drives on Needed to alter boot sequence in CMOS Subsequently rearranged preferred system in boot manager to allow auto system start up for DTV timed recording on Win - Previously preferred system was Win - Access to all partitions possible till pm Now get message quot C not accessible Access denied quot from Windows Explorer when in Win - or equivalent drive from either of the other systems Can access files from Libraries and Favorites in Windows Explorer in Win - and can achieve successful backup using Acronis True Image Generally software runs ok Shows quot Internal Error quot message when displaying Downloads from Windows Explorer Favorites Win - and Win XPsp are ok Basically we have suddenly lost access to root directory of C in Win Explorer in Win - Can anyone please help nbsp

Relevancy 89.01%

i cant get rid of the files in C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5....NOTHING ive tried has worked....any information on how i can get rid of them would be GREAT!!

A:C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.

Hi Welcome to TSG!!

If you log on as administrator you should be able to delete everything in the C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 folder.

If you sign in as "owner" you should be able to remove everything except index.dat if you close all of your browser windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-documents-and-settings-owner-local-settings-temp-temporary-internet-files-content.567350/
Relevancy 89.01%

I have a folder on my desktop that I created about a month ago. Nothing is really in it, just some video files. Im trying to delete the sub folders within it, and it gives me the message that 'The Folder Not Accessible' It says that I have to have Admin permission to delete the contents. Im the only user on my lap top though. What I have tried so far.

I have manually attempted to take ownership of the files through cmd prmpt, it tells me Access Denied.

I downloaded the Take Ownership program and tried it that way, no luck

Any ideas on what I can do, any why its locking me out?

A:[SOLVED] Folder Not Accessible. Access Denied

Hi, you mention manually attempting to take ownership through cmd prompt , how did you do this (was it using takeown and Icacls?) and were you running cmd elevated as administrator?

What is the full path to the files and have you tried using the right click properties then security tab to grant your user full control?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-folder-not-accessible-access-denied-687171.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello Tech Support Forum I have this problem of accessing local disk c whenever i try to denied [SOLVED] not Local Disk is is accessible Access C:\ open it i get the message 'C is not accessible Access is denied' [SOLVED] Local Disk C:\ is not accessible Access is denied I am using TOSHIBA L OS is Windows Ultimate bit This problem started when i wanted to deny access to a certain folder in Local Disk E in which after finishing the process still access was not denied so i cut the folder and pasted it in Local Disk C and run the same procedures to deny access to that folder [SOLVED] Local Disk C:\ is not accessible Access is denied after completed is when i realized that the whole disk C is not accessible and its used and free space is not shown The processes i used to deny access to a folder are Right clicking the folder i want to deny its access - properties - security Then i go down to quot To change Permissions click Edit - then i click Edit I go to permissions to authenticated users and put Mark to all check boxes in 'Denny' side I finish by clicking Apply then Ok I always used this method for a long time now to primarily though not much that effective preventing unauthorized people to open my private folders And i have never faced this problem of 'C not accessible access denied' I real need your help in this because i tried every way like a repairing windows using windows DVD b system restoring with windows DVD and without it c using elevated command prompt to run takeown f C R d right cliking C properties - security e restarting in safe mode and safe mode with command prompt All these trials failed and i ended getting the message 'C is not accessible Access is denied' help me on this please Thanks in Advance Jackjam

A:[SOLVED] Local Disk C:\ is not accessible Access is denied

Which private folders would that be? Documents, Music, Pictures? If you have another profile on your system for other people by default they will not have access to those folders if they are in the C: drive. If they are not default documents, pictures, music folders created by Windows in another drive you can deny access to them by just ticking deny "List Contents"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-local-disk-c-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied-643496.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I added a slave drive to my Windows XP Pro computer and it appears to work properly However when I open the quot Documents and Settings quot folder on the slave drive E which is Windows XP Home Edition Slave Folder Settings" Solved: drive Denied" "Access and on "Documents -- not XP Pro I do not see any of my documents sub-folders etc There should be MANY sub-folders inside the quot My Documents quot folder which isn t even visible with hundreds of documents jpgs etc Solved: Slave drive "Access Denied" on "Documents and Settings" Folder within it When that drive is installed as the Primary drive in my other computer the User quot Larry Solved: Slave drive "Access Denied" on "Documents and Settings" Folder quot which is me has all Administrative privileges On the computer that I m running now with the slave drive in it I also have Administrator privileges I own both computers My User Name quot Larry quot is password-protected when I login to Windows when the drive is Primary and installed into my main computer not this computer with XP Pro I ve tried clicking on all the users Administrator Default User Larry Guest etc Note I get an quot Access Denied quot error when clicking on the Guest quot Documents and Settings quot folder So the questions are Why can t I see any files or subdirectories in the quot Documents and Settings quot folder on the slave drive There s supposed to be a folder named quot My Documents quot but I can t find it Normally that path is quot C Documents and Settings My Documents quot --- Where is that folder It contains all the files I m looking for Do I have to put the drive back into the other computer and then change something before putting it into this computer or can I change something in this computer to access the folders I m really confused Old Fart Larry nbsp

A:Solved: Slave drive "Access Denied" on "Documents and Settings" Folder

Follow the directions here to take ownership of a file or folder.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slave-drive-access-denied-on-documents-and-settings-folder.935997/
Relevancy 86%

hello Windows Vista Operating system I need to access this file path c Access denied. c: is accessible. not users>Lyn>ApplDate>Local>History Solved: is users gt Lyn gt ApplDate gt Local gt History gt StrikingEagle but I can only get as far as History and i get this message c users gt Lyn gt ApplDate gt Local gt Solved: c: users>Lyn>ApplDate>Local>History is not accessible. Access is denied. History is not accessible Access is denied I know why but Solved: c: users>Lyn>ApplDate>Local>History is not accessible. Access is denied. I Solved: c: users>Lyn>ApplDate>Local>History is not accessible. Access is denied. don t know how to get around it here is why I cannot access those files quot they are displayed with a transparent icon and a shortcut symbol Although these look like folders they are actually what is known as a junction Junctions behave like shortcuts but look just like regular folders Their purpose is to silently redirect programs that access them to their Windows Vista equivalent Since junctions aren t really folders it is not possible to access them and any attempt to do so will give you an quot Access Denied quot error quot with this history does anyone know how to work around this problem I am unable to set-up software which needs this file path without a solution thanks in advance StrikingEagle nbsp

A:Solved: c: users>Lyn>ApplDate>Local>History is not accessible. Access is denied.

ha, I figured it out. yippee. What I did was delete the last file that was in my way. I knew it was not an important file and had no data anyway.

then I created 2 new files just where I needed them to complete the file path I need. and it worked. these 2 files are real files, not those transparent link ones that deny access.

so, thanks all for your help, later...StrikingEagle.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-c-users-lyn-appldate-local-history-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied.820471/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello I recently reinstalled Windows XP home It eventually came up with two users Owner and Guest I picked quot owner quot and changed its name to my sister Solved: with Documents Settings Problem in "owner" and s name her computer let s call her quot Sara quot I then added a user account for myself But later she began to have problems finding her quot favorites quot and her desktop didn t always come up the same Looking into this I found under quot Documents Solved: Problem with "owner" in Documents and Settings and Settings quot her user name and quot owner quot However at the startup page where you pick which user account to open there is no quot Owner quot account listed Before reinstalling Windows I m quite certain that there wasn t a listing for quot Owner quot I assume because it had been renamed I am tempted to delete Sara s account just to see if the owner account would show up but worried about unforseen results I had tried to delete the owner directory from the Documents and Settings folder but Windows would not let Solved: Problem with "owner" in Documents and Settings me as it had quot System files quot in it that windows needed to work What I want is for the Owner account to be in her name and to delete her account that s in her name but not the owner account Or a way to force the owner account to show on the startup screen Also while trying to find a way to fix this one of the things I did was to try and create a user account called quot Owner quot Instead it created an acct called quot Owner quot which I deleted but later I found it in the registry at HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer DocFolderPaths Solved: Problem with "owner" in Documents and Settings and I m wondering if is safe to delete Why there are two listings in Documents and Settings that seem to both be accessible by one user is just weird Any help would be appreciated chernozem nbsp

A:Solved: Problem with "owner" in Documents and Settings

Hi, and welcome to TSG

Its never a good idea to rename accounts because a lot of the time there will usually be conflicting between the two user names. Try deleting the account than putting it back and see what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-owner-in-documents-and-settings.501863/
Relevancy 83.85%

All My C Documents and Settings folder has become inaccessible I would appreciate some help in finding out what is going on and correcting the situation When I click on it a Location Not Available Message Box is displayed with the message C Documents and Settings is not available Access is Denied Its become in-accessible and Settings C:\Documents has Windows Explorer Icon has an arrow on it like that for a shortcut The Properties and Settings General Tab displayed after right clicking on it contains the following information Documents and Settings Type File Folder Target Created Tuesday July AM Comment C:\Documents and Settings has become in-accessible The Security Tab indicates that everyone has permission to do everything I have tried to access the folder in C:\Documents and Settings has become in-accessible Safe Mode This didn't work C:\Documents and Settings has become in-accessible I also tried a system restore and it didn't work either I have been using my personal account which has Administrator Privileges If I am unable fix this I will have to re-format the drive and re-install Windows I really don't want to do that Any help would be most appreciated Sincerely Bill Bos

A:C:\Documents and Settings has become in-accessible

Hello Bill,

That's because that location is a junction point and not a real folder. These junction points are used for backwards compatibility for older programs that still reference the old location in XP and prior instead of the new location in Vista and Windows 7.

Your My Documents folder, without the shortcut arrow on it, is actually located at this location instead:

C:\Users\(user-name)\My Documents

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/137105-c-documents-settings-has-become-accessible.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi i was just sent here from the windows xp area here is my problem Everytime i try to open that folder that i typed in the title the window shuts down and it sends me an error message there is absoluetly no way open. will settings\owner\shared folder and not H:\documents i can get in everytime i download an anti spyware or anti virus it stops and shuts down as soon as it starts scanning that particular folder i try'd all five steps that i was given and none worked everything stops at that folder even if i do a search of something in that folder it makes the search stop this is driving me crazy anyways i was asked that i post a hijckthis log if none of the steps worked so here it is Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes H WINDOWS System smss exe H WINDOWS system csrss exe H WINDOWS system winlogon exe H WINDOWS system services exe H WINDOWS system lsass exe H WINDOWS system svchost exe H WINDOWS system svchost exe H WINDOWS System svchost exe H WINDOWS system svchost H:\documents and settings\owner\shared folder will not open. exe H WINDOWS system svchost exe H WINDOWS system spoolsv exe H WINDOWS Explorer EXE h program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe h PROGRA H:\documents and settings\owner\shared folder will not open. mcafee com agent mctskshd exe H H:\documents and settings\owner\shared folder will not open. PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe H PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe H Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe H Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe H Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe h progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe H WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE h PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe H Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe H Program Files QuickTime qttask exe H PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe H Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe H PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe H Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe H Program Files MessengerPlus MsgPlus exe H WINDOWS LTMSG exe H WINDOWS system r server exe H WINDOWS system igfxtray exe H WINDOWS system hkcmd exe H Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe H WINDOWS system svchost exe H Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe H Program Files Logitech Video ManifestEngine exe H Program Files TheWeatherNetwork WeatherEye WeatherEye exe H Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe H WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe H Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpobnz exe H Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe H Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe H PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe H Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox MMDiag exe h progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe H Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe H Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe H Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe h PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe H Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe H WINDOWS system HPZipm exe H WINDOWS System alg exe H Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe H Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe H Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exe H DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext Microsoft Windows Update R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http localhost proxy pac O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - H Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO My Global Search Bar BHO - B A - B- - CAD- E - H Program Files MyGlobalSearch bar bin MGSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - A - B-F - - C A B - H DOCUME Owner APPLIC joywipe Partidol exe file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - H Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - H Program Fi... Read more

A:H:\documents and settings\owner\shared folder will not open.

Hello argenys and welcome to TSF,

You have a few infections aboard so please be patient as we need to go after them in stages.

Please copy this page to Notepad and save to your desktop for reference as you will not have any browsers open while you are carrying out portions of these instructions.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

You are running Hijack This from a temporary directory. It needs to be in a permanent folder as the program creates backup files that we may need to use later. If the program is in a Temporary folder, files may be deleted by you or automatically if your system is set to empty temp files.

Please go into Windows Explorer, (My Computer)
click on C: then click on File > New > Folder and call it HJT , or another name of your choice.

While I do not see Webroot's Active Protection in your running processes, please make sure it is disabled or it will interfere with the fix below:

SpySweeper:Open Spysweeper and click on Options > Program Options and uncheck "load at windows startup".
To disable SpySweeper ShieldsClick Shields on the left.
Click Internet Explorer and uncheck all items.
Click Windows System and uncheck all items.
Click Startup Programs and uncheck all items.
Click Browser Add-Ons and uncheck all items.
Exit Spysweeper.

Please download FixWareout from one of these sites:
http://downloads.subratam.org/Fixwareout.exe
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/file...Fixwareout.exeSave it to your desktop and run it.
Click "Next", then Install, make sure "Run fixit" is checked and click Finish.
The fix will begin: Please follow the prompts.
You will be asked to reboot your compute: Please do so.
Your system may take longer than usual to load and this is normal.
Once the desktop loads a text file will open (report.txt), you can close it - the file has already been saved.

-----------------------------------

Run HijackThis. Click "Do a System Scan Only" , and place a check next to the following items:

O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.114.88 85.255.112.72
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.114.88 85.255.112.72
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.114.88 85.255.112.72

Click FIX CHECKED. Close HijackThis.

-----------------------------------

Finally, please post the contents of the text file that opened earlier (you can find it at C:fixwareoutreport.txt ), along with a new HijackThis log into this topic.

**If you receive an error message while trying to run FixWareout, copy autoexec.nt from the C:\WINDOWS\repair folder to C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder, and run FixWareout again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/h-documents-and-settings-owner-shared-folder-will-not-open-124776.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi

I have recently noticed this file in my Documents and Settings Folder:

010000031210DE041510B0.bios

Has anyone any idea what this might relate to and why it is there?

A:Unknown file in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner Folder

Hello EricG

I have never heard of a ".bios" file extension.

I would be suspicious of it.

Go here and use the "Browse" button to find it on your machine. Upload it to be scanned for malware.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-file-in-c-documents-and-settings-owner-folder-457135.html
Relevancy 83.42%

hi! my friends computer crashed and she asked me to transfer her files. i used the coolmax cd 350 combo to transfer them to an external hard drive. i can transfer everything except one folder under my-documents. it keeps saying "access denied." i'm using windows xp home edition service pack 3. i tried transferring in safe mode with administrative account but it's still denied. i also tried my-computer >tools>folder options>view>advance settings but i can't find the "use simple file sharing." please help, those files are her medical files. i'm hoping i can still retrieve them for her. thanks!

Relevancy 82.56%

Hi

i got a terrible headache , i spent all the afternoon to browse my Documents and Settings & users folder , no way , i was not able!

today i installed photoshop cs4 32 bit on my w7 32bit

i tried to browse Documents and Settings ->denied access

i tried to customize cs4 keyboard shortcuts and and menu

i tried to browse the folder user
i found my name , clicked on application data ->access denied

i was not able to browse these folders

i tried Add_Take_Ownership.reg , nothing

i'm really sad

is there a way to take control of my pc
i'm the administrator
i want to browse my pc
i bought w7 ultimate(ultimate only to have 2 language ,mine and my girlfriend) and it was not cheap

is there a way to take Ownership of my pc?

thanks

ps i'm almost disperate
have a great day

A:Documents and Settings & users not accessible

hi drugo, you could try a system restore prior to when you had problems System Restore or if that fails a repair install Repair Install hope that helps you

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/77446-documents-settings-users-not-accessible.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Trying again to post my files using a different computer DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise Enabled Outdated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system cisvc auto Re: cookie settings\owner\cookies) (c:\documents and downloads exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Re: auto cookie downloads (c:\documents and settings\owner\cookies) vstskmgr exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system sstray exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files eMachines Bay Reader shwiconem exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral Playlist exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system WDBtnMgr exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon Re: auto cookie downloads (c:\documents and settings\owner\cookies) exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files DS Clock dsclock exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan McUicnt exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www Google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearch Page access less net uWindow Title Access Less mWindow Title Access Less BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise scriptcl dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO ST ede -c b - e- - bf af e - c program files msn apps st en-xu stmain dll BHO MSNToolBandBHO bdbd dad-c - a -adc - b b ff d - c program files msn apps msn toolbar msn toolbar en-us msntb dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - No File TB MSN bdad dad-c - a -adc - b b ff d - c program files msn apps msn toolbar msn toolbar en-us msntb dll EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun MsnMsgr quot c program files windows live messenger msnmsgr exe quot background uRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exe uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate c windows system macromed flash FlashUtil l Plugin exe -update plugin mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun nForce Tray Options sstray exe r m... Read more

A:Re: auto cookie downloads (c:\documents and settings\owner\cookies)

Hello and welcome to TSF. My name is Taylor and I'll be helping you with your fix.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

You may wish to subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/re-auto-cookie-downloads-c-documents-and-settings-owner-cookies-565438.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Short version of a long story Due to multiple BSOD on friends laptop I decided the best course of action to a non-destructive OS recovery It is an HP DV laptop running XP Home SP with GB mem and a GB HD The only thing he had [SOLVED] Folder Denied on Access My old Documents on the machine that he didn't want to lose was about GB of songs for his DJ business Just to be safe I copied then onto a networked pc for safe keeping Hitting PF during reboot took me to the OS restore screen I proceeded through the restore and choose a different user nane than the original one he had used This saved the files in the Documents and settings folder for [SOLVED] Access Denied on old My Documents Folder the old user that no longer existed After the restore was done I tried to copy the My Documents folder from the old user to the new user directory No matter what I tried I received the Access denied I tried from a CMD Prompt I tried using the ATTRIB command to look at the attributes The only thing I could see was on each directory My Documents and below the Properties window had the Hidden check box filled in not checked but filled in I could not turn it off I even tried to boot to safe mode and log on as Administrator and got the same results I ended up going [SOLVED] Access Denied on old My Documents Folder back and doing the destructive restore format drived and factory reload and then copying the files back from my network My question is why couldn't I copy or delete these files even as administrator and how can I correct this situation in the future as I know this same sort [SOLVED] Access Denied on old My Documents Folder of thing will happen again Also when you do the non-destructive OS restore if you try and use the same user name it assigns a different set of files in the documents and settings file Don't ask me how I know this I know I got by the problem but I sure would like to know what caused it and how to get around it in the future

A:[SOLVED] Access Denied on old My Documents Folder

He probably had the "Make my files private" setting enabled for his account, which restricts access to the files for that account, even on a new XP install. In the future you can take ownership of the files to gain access to them.

Hope it helps,
BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-access-denied-on-old-my-documents-folder-196152.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I have an old computer running XP. The motherboard died so I removed the IDE hard disk, inserted it in a case and purchased an IDE to USB connector.

It connects perfectly to my laptop which also runs XP

BUT although I can get to most of the stuff I can't access any of the contents of the My Documents file. It just says access denied. I assume this is because I need a password although I did not have any password set on the old computer.

Is there any way I can access the old documents to copy them onto the new laptop?

A:Solved: USB to IDE connection Access denied to Documents

You need to take ownership of the files and folders.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-to-ide-connection-access-denied-to-documents.833575/
Relevancy 82.56%

when I try deleting certain files it says "you must have permission of Geinita/DSMaster" even logged onto this account. it's the only one on my omputer. I had to set myself to owner but got that squared away, it wanted to even deny me admin privlages. anyone have an similar problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73084/owner-denied-access/
Relevancy 81.7%

I am running Windows 7 on my notebook, as the owner and admin.....
I try to access this folder, and I cannot...in fact it appears as a shortcut rather than a folder...i have run antivirus, and malware, found nothing....
tried to change the security....all users has rights to it, the admin does not and cannot be changed....any ideas?

A:C:\Documents and Settings\all users\documents DENIED!!!

It looks like one of the junction points that provides some backwards compatibility and which shows when unhiding files in Control Panel>Folder Options>View. There is no Documents and Settings folder in Win7, except as a junction point.

Read more about junction points here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx

In Win7 Documents is under All Users>[User Name]>Documents. Perhaps you should hide Hidden and System Files again to see only the WIn7 folders you need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/218841-c-documents-settings-all-users-documents-denied.html
Relevancy 81.7%

A friend's PC died on them and I'm trying to recover their pictures from the hard drive. I have a USB hard drive adapter connected to my computer and I can browse the hard drive. However, when I try to open the Owner folder, which is where everything is, I get an error saying that access is denied. Is there a way around this so I can copy the pictures?

Thanks.

Relevancy 80.84%

hi everyone again I recently installed Treesize software on my computer it is a quick way to see what user/owner. to main Access denied is using most space Access denied to main user/owner. on your hard drives I am impressed with it Access denied to main user/owner. There are users on my computer all password protected I am main user administrator owner my wife is an administrator also my daughter is an administrator and my son has a limited account The Treesize came up with access denied to my wife's account and son's account My daughter's amp my account were shown on Treesize I opened C drive selected Documents and Settings same thing happened Access denied to both those accounts I also learnt from Treesize amp from Documents amp Settings that I have besides above mentioned accounts a seperate administrator account a seperate owner account a guest account amp an all users account I cannot delete the surplus accounts Access denied How odd In control panel only our accounts and guest account shown which is off A year ago I had a repair done on my computer would the shop have made extra accounts I realise you should only have administrator per computer but found that this was too limited for my wife amp daughter to use hence administrators Anyone got any ideas on this problem Regards tech no

A:Access denied to main user/owner.

jkust replace "SAM" file in folder C:\windows\system32\config with the one "SAM" at c:\windows\repair folder. Now restart the PC and all the passwords are gone...
Just try and do inform me if it works or not...

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/access-denied-to-main-user-owner-168042.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I save a lot of files as PDFs Recently I saved a financial document to PDF and it seems to be secured somehow It's display to unable Denied Access owner. - current a pdf Adobe complains opening it complaining quot There was an error opening this document Access denied quot Instead of opening it with a right-click I tried starting Access Denied - unable to display current owner. Adobe and selecting the file The message was similar but different - quot You don't have permission to open this file Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission quot I noticed from the file properties that instead of a user owning the file there is a zero value for the owner ID I try to change the owner using the following steps Right click the file and select Properties Select Security tabGet prompted quot To continue you must be an administrative user with permission to view this object's security properties Do you want to continue quot I select Continue - to elevate to admin privilegesI get the Owner tab message quot You do not have permission to view this object's security properties To view its security properties you can try taking ownership of the object To try taking ownership of the object select an account from the last and then click OK quot Also note that under Current owner it reports Unable to display current owner I select my account and press OK or Apply - either one This results in a pop-up dialog from Windows Security that says quot Unable to set new owner on scan pdf Access is denied quot OK is the only option and I am left with the problem I have tried a few things from my utility belt but have not been able to set the owner Suggestions

A:Access Denied - unable to display current owner.

Did you try opening Adobe Reader as administrator and then opening the file?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/335358-access-denied-unable-display-current-owner.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi I have a PC running XP Pro SP Whenever I try to access media in my DVD-RW drive and USB drive I get the following is Access not F: accessible. \ 'H:\ is denied' and 'F is not accessible Access is denied' my DVD-RW drive 'H is not accessible Access is denied' my USB 'H:\ and F: \ is not accessible. Access is denied' drive I have a problem with my PC whereby I cannot access my USB or CD or DVD The USB drive and DVD works fine on other PC's but cannot seem to work on one of my PC's I get the following message quot G is not accessible Access Denied quot When plugging a removable storage device iPod flash stick anything into one of the USB ports amp DVD in DVD drive Windows recognizes there is a removable storage device identifies it The computer detects the USB drive and CD but data on pen drive or CD is not visible When I now look at the properties it says the drive is bytes used space and bytes free space I took it to a friend s place and he could see all files etc Also I tried format it said You do not have sufficient rights to perform this operation When I try to scan H or F drive with ESET NOD version it showed H or F 'H:\ and F: \ is not accessible. Access is denied' - error opening Spent long hours trawling the net without a result I'm sure anyone has more of a clue than me on this one Plz help me guys Appreciate any help Thanks

A:'H:\ and F: \ is not accessible. Access is denied'

Quote:

Originally Posted by babewithbrain

?You do not have sufficient rights to perform this operation?

Try logging on with Admin Rights

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/h-and-f-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied-367034.html
Relevancy 79.98%

my computer wont let me use the f drive or cd drive it will read what the device is but you cant use it... it says f is not accessible access is denied. how do you fix this?

A:f is not accessible access is denied

What is the F: drive? Is it a hard drive, Flash Drive, Camera, CD drive? If you are having problems with your CD drive try this: Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/f-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied-591372.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Woah access accessible, Not denied.. I have the original HD of my laptop in an external sleeve and it used to mount with no issues A few months back when I plugged it in it mounted but I knew something was up when next to the drive icon I didn't have the bar showing the storage amount Not accessible, access denied.. next to it and Not accessible, access denied.. sure enough quot F is not accessible Access denied quot I swept it w Norton found two small things and cleaned it I used chkdsk and went through all of that I right-clicked and changed permissions on every enclosing file folder and most recently I tried setting a quot special group Not accessible, access denied.. quot to replace take ownership There have been restarts when I tired this stuff Now I have a new little shared group icon next to the drive K what I renamed it but still no storage bar which leads to the same not accessible Access denied I did have to re-install from recovery disks about the time this happened The external drive still has a boot sector on it but I hadn't actually started up from that external ever What could be a next step I'm on Vista Home Premium I run a few apps at their bit versions and on an HP entertainment PC yes it's old in pc years but Thanks

A:Not accessible, access denied..

Do you have access to another computer? It would be interesting to try it on another to see if it can read it, although that would have to come later once you're sure that there isn't a security issue (virus compromised).

Regarding your re-install from recovery disks, why did you need to do this? I'm just wondering if you were combating a viral infection of some kind. What puzzles me is that you say the drive is not accessible, and yet Norton was able to scan it and find some infections and you were also able to run chkdsk on it as well. If it was inaccessible, Norton shouldn't have been able to see it either. Something weird is up. You might need to run disk recovery tools on it.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296533-not-accessible-access-denied.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Thanks in advance for any help I originally had a RAID and windows pro bit installed I had a boot error and could denied not Access E:\ accessible. is is no longer boot into windows I purchased two new HDDs and created a RAID Loaded Windows Pro with no problem Then I added the original two HDD so as to retrieve data I E:\ is not accessible. Access is denied went into the RAID BIOS and took E:\ is not accessible. Access is denied the old HDD off RAID configuration I then disconnected one of the original RAID HDD and now have only one of the old HDD connected to the motherboard In Disk Management the disk I am trying to access is listed as DISK and divided into E:\ is not accessible. Access is denied System Reserved D MB NTFS Healthy Active Primary Partition and E GB NTFS Healthy Primary Partition But when I try to access the E drive I receive the following quot E is not accessible Access is denied quot ANy help in getting access to E would be greatly appreciated I would like to retrieve data Thanks again

A:E:\ is not accessible. Access is denied

Hello Thira, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You may just need to take ownership of and setting permissions to "Allow" your account "Full control" of the drive and it's contents to have access afterwards.

(easier option via context menu)
Take Ownership - Add to Context Menu in Windows 8

(manual option)
Take Ownership of a File, Folder, Drive, or Registry Key in Windows 8
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30242-e-not-accessible-access-denied.html
Relevancy 79.98%

My Dell Optiplex with Win Pro was working OK nbsp I attempted to strengthen my security by limiting access to the hard drives to those logged in users nbsp As the computer was updating these permissions it encountered an error nbsp Since that time I have been unable to access anything on the C drive nbsp I cannot run any programs located on the C drive or read or write any files to the C drive nbsp The computer boots up OK and I can run programs located on the D drive and across the network OK and access files located on other drives nbsp The operating system accessible. is not Access is denied C:\ is on C nbsp I cannot run any diag or correction programs nbsp If I try to get to quot Properties quot then quot Security quot I get a must have administrative permission and clicking on quot Continue quot nbsp brings up quot Can't open access control editor nbsp Access C:\ is not accessible. Access is denied denied quot nbsp I can't run exe programs from the CD DVD - quot Access denied quot nbsp My DATA is intact on other drives but my application programs are on the C drive nbsp The only thing I can figure to do is install another hard drive and install Windows and all my applications nbsp Any other ideas

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5ecebc71-5ce2-4156-8414-03b567670e33/c-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,
A while ago I bought a Maxtor Basics 500gb External Hardrive, I installed it and it worked fine for about 6 months. 3 days ago went to access the hardrive and it a message popped up saying G:\ is not accessible, Access is Denied.

I have tried many things to solve this problem so far, none of them have worked.

I'm running on Windows Vista Ultimate

All of my Games and Music files are stored on there and i really need to get it running again.

Please help

Joe

A:G:\ is not accessible, access is denied.

Most likely, the NTFS permissions on the drive have been altered. Try this: Click Start
Click Computer
Right-click G:\ and choose Properties
Click the Security tab
Click the Advanced button
Click the Owner tab
Click the Edit button
Select your username from the list
Check the box that says "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects"
Click OK and keep clicking on the affirmative option(s) until you're back to Windows Explorer
Try to access the drive again

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/g-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied-387071.html
Relevancy 79.98%

This morning I is not G:\ - accessible Access is denied pushed my install of Windows Vista back to an earlier restore point about a week ago I did this because an overnight unattended install failed the install that happens when you close Windows Anyway after the reboot things looked fine I then went to the Windows install s w window and installed the importnat Windows updates During install of windows jumped to what appeared to be a chkdsk or similar dos style window and started a check of my G drive an external USB GB Maxtor drive and appeared to delete the index from my G:\ is not accessible - Access is denied G drive Not good When I now look at the properties it says the drive is bytes used space and free space I used PCFile Inspector but the utility could tell it was a GB driive but could not read or see any files I can see my other Maxtor drive is coded a H drive by Vista and I can see my Ipod and its contents which has taken the I drive letter I took it to a friends place and he could see all files etc with his XP based system I connected the drive to my wife's laptop which is Vista - it cannot be read and written to same as my PC I checked permissions and the SYSTEM and my Administrator logon had no permisiions I changed the permissions to full access across the drive Windows then listed the contents of the drive as it updated the files with new permission settings So it can read the drive and it may be writing to the drive Numerous reboots during which I have changed the drive owner to myself SYSTEM gone into the registry and deleted the G drive entry and still nothing When I connect the drive it keeps coming up as drive G and the message that G is not accessible access is denied keeps recurring Properties still show bytes I think Vista is screwed up somewhere for this drive and I would really like to access it on my PC to access a backed up directory Very frustrating Any ideas

A:G:\ is not accessible - Access is denied

For any one who has a problem similar:

A tech from work advised me to connect the drive to a machine with XP Pro as Vista or XP home edition was guaranteed not to be able to do what I needed. I hooked up the disk drive to an XP Pro machine. This allowed me to turn off a parameter in the security tab which then allowed me to go to Properties, choose security. I gave that account full priveleges to the drive. I then reselected Properties and went to the Owner tab and I then set the Administrtaor account to be the Owner with full priveleges. I then added an account Everyone and gave it full access to the drive. The account settings were reset by XP Pro and now I have full access to the drive.

I bought a second drive and have an off site backup arrangement that will be rotated monthly.

Hellelujah and I really struggle with Vista Home edition not being able to reset the owner property for me.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/210519-g-not-accessible-access-denied.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I cannot access a bunch of my own files. I remember doing something trying to fix this a month or so ago. I naturally google all my problems so i dont have to take time away from people like you who are reading this. google usually solves everything. however i cant find a clear answer this time.

somehow i created a user called adminstrator that i cant get rid of either while trying to gain control over my own files. vista is absolute bleep.

also on a completely unrelated note, i noticed today that i have 3 or 4 iexplore.exe's running at one time....they are only there when i have my internet opened. its slowing down IE8 so bad..plz dont suggest a different browser cause ive tried others and they fail, IE8 has been doing great for me till this problem came up yesterday.

thanks in advance for any help.

A:"___ is not accessible. access is denied."

I would recomend running malwarebytes and or AVG. As far as getting around the Admin account, the BC TOS prohibits us from from helping defeat existing security measures: No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures
sorry best of luck to ya.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/286281/is-not-accessible-access-is-denied/
Relevancy 79.98%

I am not able to access my hard drive. When I try to manage any part of the drive the Microsoft Management Console tells me that the function is not supported on the system. I have read various other threads with this problem but every solution was just
to Take Ownership which would work except Windows Security refuses to grant me access to anything with a security symbol next to it. Mind you I have enabled the administrator account using the command prompt and I am doing all this on safe mode. Any suggestions?

A:C:\ is not accessible Access is denied

Hi,
Please try the following steps:
1) If you can access cmd, you can reset the security settings in Vista/Windows 7 with the following command: "secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose" (no quotes.) To see what this command does, go here: How do I restore
security settings to the default settings?

NOTE: If you can't access cmd when logged in, use this guide System Recovery Options. You can get to the command line when you access the System Recovery Options screen.

2) This command seems to give the ownership issue a kick up the backside, even though it seems nothing has changed. Go to Explorer, right click on C: and go to Properties.

3) Go to the Security tab and then Advanced.

4) Go to the Owner tab. Now you should be able to click Edit.
5) If you don't have Administrators in the list under where it says "Change owner to:" then go to "Other users or groups". If you do, go straight to step 7.

6) On Others users or groups type in "Administrators" (no quotes) in the bottom box. Click Check Name and then OK.

7) Click Administrators and then OK. You've now given yourself ownership of C:! (As long as your account is an Administrator, that is.)

8) Click OK on the "Advanced Security Settings..." window to get back to the Properties window. You should now have a list of the Permissions and so on where before you only had something about how you couldn't view permissions. Progress, eh?

9) You may need to add in the Adminstrators group to edit their permissions. To do this, click "Edit" and then "Add" and type "Administrators" (no quotes) in the bottom box. Then hit Check Name and then OK.

10) Click Administrators in the list and tick the box in the Allow column next to "Full control".

11) Click Apply, you'll likely get a bunch of error messages about how this can't be applied to some files and folders. Just OK through them all. Once done, you should have access to your C: drive once more!
Regards,Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/940ababd-4476-4d21-aec8-a043252e820b/c-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied?forum=itprovistasecurity
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,

I am trying to open my external hard drive but an error message is popping up saying G:\ is not accessible. Access denied. I have tried changing the security but it is not working.

If anyone can help I will be very grateful!

J

A:G:\ is not accessible. Access denied. Please Help!

Can you access it from another computer?

edit: everything else that can be suggested is here I believe;

http://seagate.custkb.com/seagate/cr...p?DocId=203795

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/g-is-not-accessible-access-denied-please-help-375074.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Well I just started having this problem I have a lite-on 483s CDrom and it opens and everything but it does not read any media i put in. I can go to my computer and click on it but all it says is E:\ is not accessible access is denied. I would really like all the help I can get with this

thanx

A:E:\ is not accessible access is denied

All it is is a cdrom? not a writer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/e-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied.528880/
Relevancy 79.98%

I'm using Windows 7 & every time I try to access my E drive I get the message that it is not accessible and access is denied. I have tried changing the name of the drive. When I right click on properties there is no security tab. I 've read to take ownership & I've tried to do that but I'm not sure if I did that right. Can you help me with this problem?

A:E:\ is not accessible. Access is denied

What is this (E: ) drive? Is it a dvd/cd drive or a harddrive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/e-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied.1119690/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey there I have this problem of accessing local disk c whenever i try to open it i denied' is not is accessible 'C:\ Access get the message 'C is not accessible Access is denied' I have a Dell Inspiron z Ultrabook OS Windows x -bit I first reallized the problem when i tried to uninstall eset smart securiry and i 'C:\ is not accessible Access is denied' couldn't I found a solution 'C:\ is not accessible Access is denied' in the internet for that and with cmd i managed to unistall eset Since then i have no acces to c and no permission to lot's of my system's settings I really need your help in this because i tried every way like a refresh your pc b reset your pc c automatic repair d open cmd as administrator e run in safe mode with cmd and type takeown A F C takeown A F C Windows takeown A F C Windows System All these trials failed and i ended getting error codes or the message 'C is not accessible Access is denied' help me on this please

A:'C:\ is not accessible Access is denied'

First try a System Restore to a time before you uninstalled Eset. Then use the Eset Uninstaller to uninstall Eset.
If that fails, Enable the Hidden Administrator account. Log out of your user account and log in as the Admin. Create a new user with admin rights. Log out of Admin and log in as the new user, and see if you can access C: now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/c-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied-690896.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi I have a PC running XP Pro SP Whenever I try to access media in my DVD-RW drive and USB drive I get the following F is not accessible Access is denied my DVD-RW drive H is not accessible Access is denied my USB drive I have a problem with my PC whereby I cannot access my USB or 'H:\ not accessible. is F: and denied' Access \ is CD or DVD The USB drive and DVD works fine on other PC s but cannot seem to work on one of my PC s I get the following message quot G is not accessible Access Denied quot When plugging a removable storage device iPod flash stick anything into one of 'H:\ and F: \ is not accessible. Access is denied' the USB ports amp DVD in DVD drive Windows recognizes there is a removable storage device identifies it The computer detects the USB drive and CD but data on pen drive or CD is not visible When I now look at the properties it says the drive is bytes used space and bytes free space I took it to a friend amp s place and he could see all files etc Also I tried format it said amp You do not have sufficient rights to perform this operation amp When I try to scan H or F drive with ESET NOD version it showed amp H or F - error opening amp Spent long hours trawling the net without a result I m sure anyone has more of a clue than me on this one Plz help me guys amp Appreciate any help Thanks nbsp

A:'H:\ and F: \ is not accessible. Access is denied'

When did this start? Have you recently downloaded/installed anything?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/h-and-f-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied.818958/
Relevancy 79.98%

Explorer won't open partition D:, but TotalCommander does it pretty well. Disk is not damaged. Any help?

A:D:\ is not accessible. Access denied.

How to Take Ownership

or,

Unlocker

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-is-not-accessible-access-denied.949987/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello people,
I hope somebody can put me in the right direction here.

For some unknown reason i have come to my computer and whenever i click on the C: My computer or any icon on my desktop or try and edit any file (delete etc) i get the pop up message C:\ is not accessible access is denied Location is not available.

I thought this might have something to do with user accounts however I am the only user and administrator of the laptop and have all wrights, box's ticked.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

A:C:\ is not accessible access is denied Location is not available (Pop Up)

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied-location-is-not-available-pop-up.1086096/
Relevancy 79.12%

Bravo to RealBlackStuff He solved my problem that I Folder denied accessible is access is not ve been struggling with for days I stumbled on this forum just yesterday and I m hooked I want to thank you for your Folder is not accessible access is denied post below because I ve been struggling on how to access the quot owner quot folder in my defective old hard drive with the following error message quot Folder is not accessible access is denied folder is not accessible - access is denied quot Thanks for the remedy you gave below There may be a case of encryption on the old W K disks that you have not yet installed on XP-home Also you will be a different user on XP from W K even if you used the same name You can take ownership of these files as follows Boot XP-home into Safe Mode Press F a few times when starting up as an administrator Now use Explorer to go to the folders etc on your W K-drives right-click them select Properties click the Security tab and click OK if a security message pops Folder is not accessible access is denied up Click Advanced then Owner tab In the Name list select your administrator s name Mark the Replace Owner on subcontainers and objects check box Click OK Yes and OK For taking ownership of files rightclick them Security tab Advanced Owner tab In Name list select Administrator or Admin-group and click OK Click Add and in the quot Enter the object list quot type a user or group account or Administrator Click OK In the group or user name list click the account you want e g Administrator then tick the check boxes for permissions e g Full Control Allow Hope this gets you on your way nbsp

A:Folder is not accessible access is denied

Hi Lexirad,

Thanks for that its always nice to get some positive feedback about the experience people have with the TS forum,

I found that people were having that kind of issue a while back so I made this page up.

How to change the rights in XP or 2K.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/folder-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied.74849/
Relevancy 79.12%

Greetings First Post Problem is that I'm unable to access my WD Drive I not WD accessible/Access Denied 1TB Is Drive; get a message that says Access Denied This drive was originally formatted with WD 1TB Drive; Is not accessible/Access Denied a version of VISTA using recovery disks I then went over top with W I no longer use the drive as my main OS but rather as a storage drive and a backup OS I can still boot the OS on this drive but can not access any data stored outside of the OS environment Under My Computer while I'm booted into the OS on this Drive back-up OS you see a partition called Reserved Partion This reserved partition is the partion that the OS is operating within You also see another partition that is presumably the rest of the drive and also unaccessible Here is what happened leading up to this issue I wanted to remove clutter mainly my Windows old file formerly recovered VISTA I tried deleting this folder I got a msg saying that I could not delete certain folders because I didn't have permission to do so I checked the permissions under the properties of the folder to see that permissions were being held by a User that I didn't recognize TrustedContentID or something like that I opened the Windows old Folder and started deleting random folders in hopes that I could delete the bulk of the folder and just ignore what I could not I found that most of the folders contained items that I did not have permission to delete I thought this was weird and decided to re-do the ownership of the drive During this process there were a few error msgs that said there were folders that I could not change the ownership of access is denied I hit continue several times as the msg repeated itself Finally the ownership change was complete unable to access drive I've tried unsuccessfully many times to change the permissions of the drive I've also tried booting into my back up OS to change the ownership of the drive from there too no luck This is my problem I would really appreciate some feedback or even questions that prompt for more information Thanks

A:WD 1TB Drive; Is not accessible/Access Denied

Run Disk Cleanup. If it's not detected that way, format the drive. It would take an insanely long time to take ownership of everything in order to delete it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/135482-wd-1tb-drive-not-accessible-access-denied.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi AllI have a problem with disc access, the disc is not broken I can defrag and check with win7 via the security centre.But when I try to read via "Computer" I get this error.Location is not available E:/is not accessible  Access is denied.I have full acces in safe mode, DOS, and via linuxI Have tried resetting permisions etc to no avail.Any ideas?RegardsRoy

A:Location is not available, E:/is not accessible, Access is denied.

Hi,

I suggest you disable UAC to check if it is the cause.

Disable UAC
==========
1. Click the Start Button, type "User account control" and press Enter.
2. When the User account control settings box appears, move the slider to Never notify.
3. Click OK.

If it does not work, I suggest you check the permission for your Drive E.

Take ownership and change the permission for Drive E
===========
1.   Right click on Drive E and click Properties.
2.   Switch to Security tab, click Edit and Add to add your user account, if it is not listed. Assign the full control permission for your own account and click OK.
3.   Click Advanced, switch to Ownership tab and click Edit button.
4.   Highlight your user account and click Apply, OK.
What?s the result?Arthur Li - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/81cab344-ab9b-43f5-a3e8-9c8103d5bd81/location-is-not-available-eis-not-accessible-access-is-denied?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello people,

For some unknown reason i have come to my computer and whenever i click on the C: My computer or any icon on my desktop or try and edit any file (delete etc) i get the pop up message C:\ is not accessible access is denied Location is not available.

I thought this might have something to do with user accounts however I am the only user and administrator of the laptop and have all wrights, box's ticked.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

A:C:\ is not accessible access is denied Location is not available (Pop Up)

Hi and welcome to TSF you might try using this Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista - How-To Geek
and see if you can enable it then check if you can access the files etc then try making a new account see if it works and transfer your data etc to it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/c-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied-location-is-not-available-pop-up-684007.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I have a WD TB External Drive with Primary amp Logical partition I was traveling and used it I:/ NOT IS IS AVAILABLE NOT IS ACCESS LOCATION ACCESSIBLE DENIED on my Netbook same System Last thing I did was watched a video file Got back home and connected it to my Laptop that I LOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE I:/ IS NOT ACCESSIBLE ACCESS IS DENIED hibernated after using that same video folder I went back to it watched a video tried to move the file to my quot seen quot folder and got an error message can't remember exactly what Repeated unsuccessfully orderly disconnected the USB drive Then reconnected and got the error message quot LOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE I IS NOT ACCESSIBLE ACCESS IS DENIED quot quot Should it be formatted quot The other Partitions are normal Paragon HD Manager sees no problem all partitions are the same Raise Data Recovery can slowly transfer the data but it is almost GB Can't get to Security to check permissions Win Disk Manager shows it as quot RAW quot and not NTFS I tried re-booting and reconnecting the Ext HD No change Anyone know the solution Thanks

A:LOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE I:/ IS NOT ACCESSIBLE ACCESS IS DENIED

The drives Master File Table has been corrupted, hence the RAW filesystem instead of NTFS. You will need to recover your files from the drive, then reformat the drive or partition that is corrupt.

It is a slow process, as you said. But it is better than losing the data.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/location-is-not-available-i-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied-782633.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Just upgraded from XP to 7. No problems until I tried to look at C (the only drive) in Windows Explorer and got the above error message. I am logged on as an administrator. Right click to Properties works, and administrators have Allow checked for all permissions. Tried changing owner of drive (with all subcontainers and objects) from TrustedInstaller to administrator user I am logged on as, but no change. Tried a suggestion I saw to add "grant full admin control" option to registry, but that seems to apply only to folders, not drives. Check Disk says clean. Files listed under Documents (all stored on C) are visible and available in a normal way, but the drive itself cannot be opened. Have restarted after each change, but no luck. Any suggestions?

A:Location is not available c:\ is not accessible access is denied

Hello,

This link might be helpful for you: Error&#58; Location is not available... C&#58;&#92; is not accessible. - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/260371-location-not-available-c-not-accessible-access-denied.html
Relevancy 79.12%

This is on my Vista Home Premium -bit OS I keep receiving this message C Windows system Config systemprofile Desktop is not accessible Access is Denied Now I've looked at lots of suggestions and tried the whole making another user account and disabling the sidebar but I can't even make another account and this is in safe mode Clicking on quot Manage another account quot Access is accessible. Denied. Desktop not is doesn't do anything and gives no response Trying to do so when starting up the computer normally is impossible too and doesn't respond when I click the classic view link I've tried putting in both of the recovery disks that came with my laptop and neither respond Desktop is not accessible. Access is Denied. in safe mode or otherwise Getting task manager to get them to run for me keeps giving me errors stating that the CDs which came along with the laptop and including the -bit one were no match System recovery is disabled and I cannot enable it either I follow the directions in Windows Help and Support but when it tells me to click 'System Protection ' it only brings up a box titled 'System Properties ' and none of the tabs Computer Name Hardware Advanced Remote hold what I need

A:Desktop is not accessible. Access is Denied.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
I hope we can be of assistance to you.
Having tried numerous things, have you thought of this;

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7 ----> How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Come back to us please if things dont work.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288068-desktop-not-accessible-access-denied.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Why cant i open my C;\ drive it wont let me double click on it or rigth click on it?,
I cant download anything why?

Relevancy 79.12%

I recently had to do a Windows Recovery with my computer I have a nd hard drive on which I have backed up a lot of my files Folder Not Is Denied. Is Accessible. Access and such When I go to use those backed up files on my primary hard drive I am unable to access these files because this error message comes up quot Folder is not accessible Access is denied quot I can t even copy those files to the other hard drive I found the following article on microsoft s website http support Folder Is Not Accessible. Access Is Denied. microsoft com kb en-us I am guessing that it applies only to XP pro because some of the things it recommends doing are not even on my computer Can anyone tell me how to accomplish the same thing with XP home edition Thanks in advance Here are the steps My comments are in purple quot RESOLUTIONTo resolve this issue you must turn off Simple File Sharing and then take ownership of the folder Turn off Simple File Sharing a Click Start and then click My Computer b On the Tools menu click Folder Options and then click the View tab c Under Advanced Settings click to clear the Use simple file sharing Recommended check box and then click OK Simple file sharing is not even offered in my advanced settings Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of and then click Properties Click the Security tab and then click OK on the Security message if one appears I have no security tab Click Advanced and then click the Owner tab I have no owner tab In the Name list click your user name Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator or click the Administrators group If you want to take ownership of the contents of that folder click to select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box Click OK You may receive the following error message where Folder is the name of the folder that you want to take ownership of You do not have permission to read the contents of directory Folder Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control All permissions will be replaced if you press Yes Click Yes Click OK and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and the folder contents quot

A:Folder Is Not Accessible. Access Is Denied.

You will have to:1) Take ownership of the files/folders2) Then give yourself "Full Control" over the files/foldersTo do this (in XPHome) you'll have to boot into "Safe Mode" (by tapping F8 as Windows starts to load).Once in Safe Mode, you'll be able to right click on the files, select the Properties tab, and then select the Security tab.At the bottom of the Security tab is a button for "Advanced", click on it - then click on the Owner tab. Make yourself the Owner of the files/folders by double clicking on your user name.Then click OK to exit the dialog. Then, go back in and give yourself "Full Control" in the Security tab.You may note that this doesn't always carry down through the directory structure. The solution is to do it manually to each level - a real PITA, but it gets the job done.FWIW - here's an Access Denied HowTo with more details: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/42756/how-to-fix-an-access-denied-errors/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69721/folder-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi I have GB Segate SATA hard drive I divided it to two partitions One NTFS partition for windows professional OS Another NTFS partition W is for data storage I have got another hard disk drive western digital TB for backup The username that I normally log in to my system is ramadion and it is is Access is not denied partition accessible. hdd on member of partition on hdd is not accessible. Access is denied the Administrators group please pay attention to the letter s Today means before there was no problem when I tried to access W it says W is not accessible accessed is denied When I read the quote below quot E is not accessible Access is denied quot issue Quote This means ur current account is not an admin Enable the default admin account in logoff and login as the new admin You will be able to access the drive Then make ur user account as the owner for tht drive You will be then able to access the drive when you login as ur account I checked the properties of the partition W then Security tab I have seen only no other users Administrators viewsonic Administrators viewsonic is name of my desktop When I added the username ramadion everything back to normal My question shouldn t group name Administrators be sufficient to access partition W rather than adding the username ramadion Since the username ramadion is part of the Administrators group Thanks

A:partition on hdd is not accessible. Access is denied

Hello zillah, welcome to Seven Forums!

Using "Administrator" in any fashion for a user account in Windows 7 is a very bad idea as that is a name reserved for Windows' use and will cause untold errors/issues along the way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/127570-partition-hdd-not-accessible-access-denied.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello people,

Any help would be great.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482382/c-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied-location-is-not-available-pop-up/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have a folder on my desktop that I created about a month ago. Nothing is really in it, just some video files. Im trying to delete the sub folders within it, and it gives me the message that 'The Folder Not Accessible' It says that I have to have Admin permission to delete the contents. Im the only user on my lap top though. What I have tried so far.

I have manually attempted to take ownership of the files through cmd prmpt, it tells me Access Denied.

I downloaded the Take Ownership program and tried it that way, no luck

Any ideas on what I can do, any why its locking me out?

I have skimmed through the forums and seen a few other "solved" threads with the same problem, however the solution is not working for me.

A:Folder not accessible. Access Denied

Hello Redithrum, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Is your user account an administrator type, and not a standard user account?

If you are an administrator, then you might see if using the free program Unlocker may be able to delete it.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278998-folder-not-accessible-access-denied.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I previously had Windows XP Professional on my computer, but now i've recently installed Windows XP Home Edition and im not able to open my 'My Documents' folder. its tell me that the file is not accesible and access is denied. i tried going into tools, folder options, view and advanced settings but i didnt see a the box that said simple file sharing. i think that feature is only available on Windows XP Professional. Is there a way i can gain access to my 'My Documents' folder on Windows XP Home Edition. your feedback will be gladly appreciated.

A:File Is Not Accessible : Access Denied

I'm confused. You installed XP Home over XP Pro? Or installed it to a different drive/partition? A little more information would be helpful.

BTW,
:wave: Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-is-not-accessible-access-denied.7693/
Relevancy 78.26%

Please help me find Documents and settings, I used to be able to access this using Xp, but now with Vista I cannot.I want to see cookies and temp internet files that were stored on my computer. I am an Administrator and need to access these files, to see where and what some users on my PC are up to and what websites they visit. This may sound nasty, but I had already lost one PC by trusting the other users, and were disappointed to find them abusing my PC and downloading stuff that infected the whole drive. Please can someone tell me the best way to do this and how to get into the files on my drive?
Thanx for your support and help,
Petty

A:Solved: Documents &amp; Settings-Cannot access

Document and Settings folder is a Hidden System folder that is used by the system only for the pre-Vista programs. All user data is stored under the "User Name" under the "Users" folder. A lot of the temp file folders are now system level and the users including the Admin users do NOT have access.

If you are that concerned about other users I would NOT allow them to use yours and get another that they can trash.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-documents-amp-settings-cannot-access.750089/
Relevancy 78.26%

Possibly this is related to another thread I've just asked about regarding a problem installing Java, or it might be an entirely separate issue.

While trying to deal with the other problem I attempted to access the Document and Settings shortcut which is in my Drive C and get an error that Access is Denied. I've never seen this message before but it doesn't seem right since I never have set up that restriction in my system.

Could it be related to my other issue, and how do I gain access to this folder?

A:Solved: Can't access Documents and Settings

Try Taking Ownership of the Folder.

Or, Unlocker.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-access-documents-and-settings.959391/
Relevancy 78.26%

So, I m posting this because My internal HDD is messed up by using folder lock bye new softwares.net,I locked my hard drive because my laptop was being taken away from me to my sister So i downloaded Folder lock 7 and locked the drive and a folder(downloads).After 2 months when i got it back I tried opening them back,Downloads folder was succesfully unlocked but the driver was unaccessible,I don't know why,I tried restart but I couln't do anything other than searching google but no luck So i registered here looking for some help,Hope you reply soon

A:Folder lock,I:/ is not accessible,access is denied.

1) Make sure to log in as AN Administrator
2) Click the "My Computer" icon.
3) RIGHT-click on the Drive icon or Folder and select "Properties"
4) Click on the "Security" tab
5) verify your user name is listed or else add your username by clicking "Add"
6) set the permissions " enable all" and click "OK"

http://www.rapidenumerique.frhttp://www.rapidesaisie.fr : http://www.saisiededonnees-idf.frhttp://www.saisiededocuments-idf.fr
http://www.archivagenumerique-idf.frhttp://www.saisie2documents.fr : http://www.saisiedetexte.frhttp://www.saisiedequestionnaires.fr

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/260312-folder-lock-i-not-accessible-access-denied.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi All
I have deleted all the files and folders which were in My Document because I wanted to transfer all documents from another machine's data partition to the machine I'm working now(which I had transferred the \My Documents to the data partition some time ago).
Is there a way to get access to My Pictures, My Videos and My Music again?
Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

A:error; My Pictures not accessible access denied

You've broken junction points and symbolic links associated with your libraries.

Please use this tutorial to restore your library settings to their defaults.

Libraries - Restore Default

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/230469-error-my-pictures-not-accessible-access-denied.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Help please,
I get the following message when I try to mount a particular VHDX file in file explorer. I have another VHDX file on the same disk and that will mount ok. How can I find out what is wrong?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ba3addaf-268b-40fe-9709-2bc6804b7787/mount-vhdx-k-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied?forum=w8itprovirt
Relevancy 77.83%

Ive been running vista for about a month now no real problems. Today i open outlook and get this:
So i try to open said file but when I try to open Loacl Settings i get this

Followed by:
No this is very very odd as I am the only user of my computer and I am a full administrtor.
So i check the file permisions:
Whats going on anyone know?
!!! PLEASE NOTE !!!
I am aware of the forums policy on security so I ask that all replies contain information that would only be usefull to someone with full admin permisions.

Relevancy 77.4%

I'm new to windows 7 and having a hard time navigating the file structure. When I try to open documents and settings, access is denied. Under libraries-documents there is a folder named My Videos.....access is denied to that one as well. How do I get access. I'm the only user and an administrator. Why can't I see what's in these folders? Thanks.

Relevancy 77.4%

" C:\Program Data\Favorites is not Accessible access is denied "
Ok if its not one thing going wrong its another just started yesterday getting the above error and it seems to be spreading to other folders so whats with this and whats the fix ! ?

using win 7 64 bits and i.e. 9.0 which stinks its awful . .

Relevancy 77.4%

Hello everybody I have rebuilt my computer and when I installed my quot old quot HDDs on the new motherboard and CPU the freshly installed Windows Pro would not recognise one of my internal HDDs Western Digital TB Green WD EZRX I say quot old quot because the HDD is less (WD30EZRX) Windows denied Internal not HDD 7 is Access accessible Pro than months old and I have used it sparingly as a library - not OS or other work CPU i - K Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD problem HDD WD EZRX Green working HDD WD EZRX Blue working SSD Samsung Evo I reinstalled Windows all the mobo drivers everything works but I cannot access this one HDD I tried different SATA ports I even tried installing it in another computer also a fresh Windows Pro install and I got the same error Internal HDD (WD30EZRX) is not accessible Access denied Windows 7 Pro - with this HDD only I SHOULD NOTE that on the old system Windows Ultimate where it was working fine I applied Internal HDD (WD30EZRX) is not accessible Access denied Windows 7 Pro a security policy on this drive to prevent certain users from writing to it and only allow them to read the drive HOWEVER I applied the same policy on my other HDD WD EZRX which Internal HDD (WD30EZRX) is not accessible Access denied Windows 7 Pro is being recognised just fine in the new Win Pro install So I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it Whether it's a logical or hardware problem I don't know This is what I noted so far - The error message in Windows Explorer gt My computer is quot F is not accessible Access is denied quot - The HDD shows in Device Manager and Windows insists quot The device is working properly quot - in Disk Manager it looks fine and healthy - ScanDisk Error-Checking utility in Windows and WD Data LifeGuard reported no errors both could run on the HDD - Right Click and Proporties shows the used free space ratio - In Disk Manager if I right click on the drive I cannot select quot Make Partition Active quot and although it shows the Primary partition of the drive to be healthy it doesn't say it is active I tried to attach a few screen shots to this post Edit Apparently the quot Make Partition Active quot is only for partitions with a loader for an operating system which is not the case for my drive - so the problem may lie elsewhere Partition - Mark as Active http windows microsoft com en-gb windows mark-partition-active TC windows- I'm a bit stuck because I don't want to experiment too much with the partitions and risk messing up the MBR And I am not sure which way to go I found a similar problem on the forum albeit with some differences and before I atempt to recover the data with Linux Puppy as indicated in the thread below I thought I'd ask if there is anything else I could do Internal hard drives not accessible Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thank you very much in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/396948-internal-hdd-wd30ezrx-not-accessible-access-denied-windows-7-pro.html
Relevancy 76.54%

When I boot my Vista computer I get this error C windows system config systemprofile desktop is not accessible Access is Denied also many programs won t launch like I got IE to launch but firefox wouldn t symantic is obviously denied is is accessible access desktop not C:\windows\system32\config working my windows look like win though it s not pretty like vista it s the gray square boxy windows this is a very odd problem so I am really not sure what C:\windows\system32\config desktop is not accessible access is denied to do I think that the problem may have resulted from a mod I added to The Sims a few days ago but the computer has been turned on and off a couple times and not had any problems is it normal for a thing like that to be so delayed if that s the case Anyway I went to delete the mods that I d downloaded and now it appears as if my entire Sims program folder is gone as well has anyone seen anything like this before Oh here is the hijack this log I just scanned it a minute ago Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Windows vVX exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www exchange iu edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http en us acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en us acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO ShowBarObj Class - A F B - A - AA - D - B B E - C Windows system ActiveToolBand dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O -... Read more

A:C:\windows\system32\config desktop is not accessible access is denied

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-windows-system32-config-desktop-is-not-accessible-access-is-denied.841065/
Relevancy 76.11%

My laptop died a couple of weeks ago. A friend of mine tested the laptop hard-drive and apparently the disk is non-bootable (he's in IT so did the analysis with a devide to test the hard-drive directly) and corrupted. So I put the hard-drive in an enclosure kit and I'm using it to retrieve some of the files in the disk.

The problem is that I can't access the 'Documents and Settings' folders because I can't boot the disk and I guess i need to start the system with my profile password. Is there a way I can access the files in my profile folder?

System in the old hard drive: Win 7 64-bit
New laptop: Same

A:Solved: How can I access 'Documents and Settings' from a non-bootable hard-drive (ext

With a corrupted disc there's no way to predict what files will still be readable.

You will not be able to access 'Documents and Settings' if the drive contained only Vista or 7; in those OSes 'Documents and Settings' is a junction point (not a folder) whose purpose is to allow old programs to access folders/files that used to be there but in Vista and 7 are in C:\Users. Can you access <drive>:\Users?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-can-i-access-documents-and-settings-from-a-non-bootable-hard-drive-ext.954271/
Relevancy 74.82%

i get this error when i log onto my desktop
C/Windows/Systems 32/config/System profile/ Desktop is not accessible. Access denied,
and my desktop has gone black. i cant create any more user accounts and i already have two administration accounts, i hv done chkdisk already and it has fnot found any error.
its also refusing to restore anything in the control panel or open any application or conduct any search..
please help me.
i am using a Lenovo E520, windows 8
from Kuku

A:C/Windows/Systems 32/config/System profile/ Desktop is not accessible. Access denied.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-windows-systems-32-config-system-profile-desktop-is-not-accessible-access-denied.1126304/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have tried logging on as the hidden Admin and I have checked my permissions but I still can't access this folder. I think there are some Firefox files in this folder and I need to see them.
Any help?
Thanks,
Frank

A:"Access Denied" for "Documents and Settings"

welcome..try to use the elevate command prompt Elevated Command Prompt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/100080-access-denied-documents-settings.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I recently got my pc back from the shop and to find that i cannot access My Documents and i keep getting 'Access Denied' not accessible when i try getting in.

I have tried Computer Management > Shared Folders > Shares but when i right click there is no option for remove the share. (not sure if its a hidden share) or permissions have been changed to someone else in order to copy data over, or the shop linked my hard drive to a laptop with Vista and changed permissions in order for them to copy data.

How would i remove this so i can access My Documents??

I have tired searching for videos, files and folders within My Documents and it cant find anything from within there when i know there is!!

Any help would be great

Cheers
Paul

A:Access Denied for My Documents

Have you tried taking ownership of the share?

In the advanced option of the shared folder. I am fairly sure simple file sharing will have to be disabled.

And if that fails take it back to the shop and tell them to fix it.

This sort of thing happens when you remove the drive and hook it up to another system and try to copy the contents of that hard drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/access-denied-for-my-documents-298661.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I usually save passwords on Wordpad but it's developed that when I try to save a new entry I get this message 'access denied'. If I make a new file in wordpad then I can save the new entry. Ideas? Win Vista and IE 9

A:access denied to documents

right click on file on look at "security options". adjust security and apply. or just copy/paste in new file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/201184-access-denied-documents.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Just installed windows yesterday, and changed the default place for the mydocuments folder to the second drive (d:, a partition on the same drive)

Start > mydocuments, right click, properties,
Moved all my pictures, etc into it.

Then had windows semi die. no probs i think to myself, i'll just reinstall.

reinstall, and now, i can't access the my documents folder

d:\my documents and settings is not accessible
Access denied

Any ideas how i may get it all back?

A:Access denied - my documents

Google search for "Take Ownership of Files" and you will find a KB article on how to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-denied-my-documents.411516/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi I recently had a computer crash and die it was an old computer I don t know what went wrong I don t really care now because I realize it was old and got a new computer Anyway I knew my hard drive was still good and I have important data on it that I error access documents My denied needed so i removed it and bought a hard drive enclosure I hooked it up to My documents access denied error my new computer and everything is coming up fine but my quot e documents and settings owner quot folder That was the administrative account document folder that I used for my work My documents access denied error When I try to open it it s giving my an Access Denied quot error I can access all the other accounts just fine I think it s maybe administrative password related somehow but I did not have a password set on the account that I can recall I actually remember manually setting it to none If anyone can offer any advice I would so appreciate it The main reason I bought the enclosure was because I need all the documents I have in that folder nbsp