Windows Support Forum

Unable to Print to USB Printer from XP

Q: Unable to Print to USB Printer from XP

I am unable to print to an HP USB printer HP Officejet from to USB from Print XP Unable Printer to a Dell Lattitude D operating under Windows XP Pro with SP The printer used to work OK a couple months ago The printer works fine form my laptop I am able to scan OK to the Dell All of the printer indications say the printer is ready from Windows Printer and Unable to Print to USB Printer from XP Faxes and from the HP Desktop software I am able to get ink level updates and able to print a troubleshooting page from the HP software and do print head cleaning and alignment However I cannot print a test page from the HP software from Windows or from any document I get an error saying windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup I have checked with the recommendations shown in the warning but have no success I have no problem printing to networked printers The Windows printer troubleshooter has been no help All Unable to Print to USB Printer from XP the USB lines in system information indicate ready with no problem I am able to operate flash drives from the USB ports I have tried printing from all of the various USB ports with no change in symptoms I have also tried using different USB cables I have reinstalled updated print drivers I think I updated USB drivers but am not sure if I got it right Any advice on where to go next Thanks GW nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to Print to USB Printer from XP

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello Please be informed that I have Desktop running Windows xp and one laptop running Windows Ultimate at home Files and printer sharing is enabled in both the system and I printer. Unable print in to xp WIndows am able to share files and folders Desktop is connected with a Lexmark X printer with USB cable and the printer is working fine My Windows laptop can 'see' the printer Unable to print in WIndows xp printer. but when I try to print nothing happens I have gone through various tutorials and tried uninstall and reinstall of the printer I also tried to install the printer as Local printer eg desktop Lexmark I have installed the latest available driver and the printer works fine if it is connected physically to any system but No matter how I try I am unable to share the printer This extra info may help you The printer is visible from windows I can even change the settings from Windows Print spoller is active and starts automatically in both system Files and folders sharing is working fine As I have installed both Windows xp and Windows in my laptop the shared printer works fine if I boot into Windows xp from it Now what can I do to make the shared printer also work with my Windows Help please Jhambulal Agrawal

A:Unable to print in WIndows xp printer.

Hello Jhambulal, welcome to the Seven Forums.

You could try if this works for you: HP LaserJet 5000 drivers?
Different printer but the same issue.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/70130-unable-print-windows-xp-printer.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello All,

This is my first Post on this forum and i would like to ask for help on an irritating issue of a network printer.

I am a system administrator in Thomas Cook Goa location and in one of our branch there is a shared printer on a
particular hostname. Now here's the problem ...

All sharing ralated settings have been done in the Antivirus and firewall to which the printer is connected to.
the other computers can ping this PC, but when i try to type \\follewed by hostname or ip address I get an error message
saying that i do not have permissions to access the location.

The printer sharing pc was on win 7 and the other was on XP so i installed win 7 on the other pc also but still no luck...

Any advice??

Thanx in advance

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all,
I used mail merge in Microsoft Word to create several pages of labels. When I try to print using a Hewlitt Packard LaserJet 4Si, one page will print correctly then the printer will stop with an error that I need to load paper. Once this error comes up, I have to completely reset my printer in order to print Anything.

The error also says I must use Manual Feed. But when I load the paper into the manual feed, only half the page will print. The rest looks likes it's running out of toner. Again, I have to reset the printer.

Any ideas on how to get my labels to print correctly?
Thank you much! =)

A:Unable to print labels using HP printer

If your using Avery lables download and install one or all of these free apps from Avery

http://www.avery.com/us/software/index.jsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-print-labels-using-hp-printer.196465/
Relevancy 65.36%

This has been around for some time but I've unable print Laptop to printer networked to yet to find a solution that works My Set-up is BT Home-Hub up to MBs Broadband connection with two ethernet ports and Wifi telephone and USB - port connected to Vista PC - port connected to port Netgear switch Netgear switch - port input from Laptop unable to print to networked printer BT Home Hub - port connected to TV - port connected to NAS - port connected to Samsung CLP ND colour laser - port connected to this desktop PC Win bit - ports to as yet unused Other PCs - desktop running XP SP connects through WiFi - old Toshiba laptop running XP SP connects through WiFi - new HP laptop running Win SP connects through WiFi - Acer laptop running Win SP connects through WiFi The issue This desktop can print via the network All XP pcs laptops see the printer on the network and can print The Win laptops see the printer on Laptop unable to print to networked printer the network but when asked to print a test page the document gets stuck in queue until it gives the Error - printing message If the printer is sleeping when the test page is sent the Samsung print dialog panel on the laptop remains showing quot Printer is sleeping quot - as if no commands are being sent to the printer and why nothing prints Cancelling the document returns the printer to normal - ie the exclam mark in the yellow triangle disappears and is replaced by a tick When the laptop is shutdown and then restarted maybe a day later if the printer is on it jumps into life and prints the test page I should add that the laptop is part of the HOMEGROUP and can see the printer via this PC - and it can print via this PC in the HOMEGROUP Anyone got any ideas Regards

A:Laptop unable to print to networked printer

Dear Daveatthewell,
Troubleshoot this in the windows 7 Laptops.

To reset the printer port, follow these steps: Click the Start menu, and then select Control Panel>Hardware and Sounds>Printers.
Double click the Printers option. The Printers window appears.
Right click your printer, and then select the Properties option. The Properties window appears.
Select the Ports tab, and then check mark the USB option.
Click the OK button to save and exit. (Courtesy Samsung)

Regards,
sree

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219520-laptop-unable-print-networked-printer.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My printer Samsung M print to after anytihing pdf printer Unable installing W My PDF-printers Cute PDF Creator Foxit Advanced PDF Editor I have a serious problem with printing All my printers have previously worked fine But after installing a pdf-printer Unable to print anytihing after installing pdf printer Cute PDF Creator or Foxit Advanced PDF Editor Unable to print anytihing after installing pdf printer all printing attemps will fail I tried unistalling amp installing all printers I have Even Microsoft XPS-printer won t work When I try to print from Word nothing happens Samsung PDF and XPS Unable to print anytihing after installing pdf printer Sometimes Word even crashes When I try to print from Excel windows gives a notification current printer is not available choose another printer language is in finnish WIth Mozilla Firefox I get a nofication Printer not working An error occurred while printing I have tried this with in all printing options Samsung PDF and XPS This problem first occurred two months ago I googled a lot and tried even to empty registyy etc But the only way I could fix this was to get registry backup from a time before I fisrt tried to install a pdf-printer Unfortunately after the registry backup was restored several other problems started to raise with other programs This is obvious because the registry backup was very old months So I re-installed whole windows home premium -bit I even formatted my harddrive Gb to get a clean start Now I finally have everything re-istalled and working perfectly Samusung M W was working fine But immediatelly after I installed PDF-printer this time Foxit Anvanced PDF Editor precisely same problem occurred Thi is my curse Of course I took backup files of the whole system and registry But that is not the solution I want to be able print dircetly to pdf I used to avoid this problem by printing first to xps-file and then converting the xps-file to pdf But if you have several files this is really time comsuming I also have Windows Vista -bit in my laptop and all pdf-printers are working just fine Please help me This must be a software issue because at first everything is working fine and in the next minute everything will fail

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/381520-unable-print-anytihing-after-installing-pdf-printer.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I am unable to print to either a local or wireless networked printer. Everything was working fine this morning. I was prompted for an update and allowed it this afternoon and I have not been able to print since. I have tried a system restore and that is not working. I have tried reinstalling the print drivers, checked the spool settings, and printing is not showing offline. I am out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

A:Unable to print to local or networked printer

More info, please.
OS, printer specs, computer specs, nature of update and any error messages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-print-to-local-or-networked-printer.1030185/
Relevancy 65.36%

Upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and haven't been able to print from the lap top since.

A:Unable to print anything from laptop. Tells me the printer i...

@Lukenj? If you left the printer program / software on the computer during the migration to Windows 10, the Microsoft check service that looks for incompatible programs would likely have just left it alone. The problem is that even if the existing printer program is of a version that should work, the software on the computer gets mangled during the migration process. You need to remove the existing printer program from Programs and Features / Apps and Features and replace it with a freshly downloaded installation package. Printer Driver Page:HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Full Feature Software (printer program):File name: PS5520_1315-1.exeRelease detailsReleased: Nov 3, 2015Version 28.8  Help, suggestions, and examples:Install Full Feature Software ? Printer NOTE:  If the computer has been recently migrated to Windows 10 or if you need to re-install the printer software: Create a Restore Point >Download a fresh copy of the Full Feature software >Remove any existing printer software from Programs and Features / Apps and Features >Restart the computer and log in >Install Full Feature Software (look in your Downloads folder and Double-Click on the file) >Restart the computer and log in to finish the installation Section(s) of interest include:PreparationExtras and Optional > HP Information, Diagnostics, and Installation HelpThe Windows 10 Printer Frenzy (includes link to TCP/IP Port setup)Restart EverythingDownload and InstallationRemove Printer SoftwareSee who and what is on your networkCreate a Restore Point...When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-print-anything-from-laptop-Tells-me-the-printer-is/td-p/5617049
Relevancy 65.36%

I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX580 attached to my Windows 7 computer via USB and setup to share.

I have another computer running Windows Vista when I try and add a new printer it just searches. But I am able to go through and click the ling that says "the printer that i want isn't listed" and i am able to select the printer by name on the network and then print once i establish the original connection.

The problem i run into is sometime later, I have not been able to specify the time frame, it wont let me print form the Windows Vista computer. I get Error - sent to the printer

Thank you for you help
If this is in the wrong forum i apologize

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-on-windows-7.1086404/
Relevancy 65.36%

My setup is as follows Two Windows XP Pro PCs Linksys Wireless Router Brother HL- DN Laser printer I also sometimes connect wirelessly with my laptop The issue Up until about two weeks ago I was able to print from Desktop PC to printer Desktop has networked to to printer print Solved: Unable a dedicated printer via USB and doesn t access the laser printer I tried installing Brother s printer configuration on laptop so that I can also print to the Solved: Unable to print to networked printer printer from the laptop After installing Brother s configuration software I printed a test page from the laptop successfully I then proceeded to print several PDF files from the laptop and then suddenly the printer would no longer print and the print job monitor just said quot Printing - Error quot Ever since that happened I have been unable Solved: Unable to print to networked printer to print from Desktop PC I reinstalled the Brother software and was able to print a test page and a few print jobs I come back to the PC later in the day and I can no longer print I power cycle the router and then same thing happens Solved: Unable to print to networked printer as above can print test page a few jobs and then nothing Each time I power cycle router I can print for a few minutes then nothing I went out and got a new router Same exact thing I configure new router PC amp PC can access the Internet but PC can t print but it does see that the printer is there Also occasionally the laptop can t connect to Internet It can connect successfully to the LAN but then not to the Internet When I walk away from the PC I always lock it WINDOWS L so it can t be that someone one of the kids did something to the PC Any ideas Thank you in advance for your assistance nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to print to networked printer

Do you have the Brother printer setup with a static IP address?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-print-to-networked-printer.801506/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have switched over to Vista Business Operating System, I can print to the local Printer but cannot print to any printer attached to Windows'98 Computers within the same workgroup.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-print-from-vista-to-a-windows-98-shared-printer-330477.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Problem:
I have a PC that has to connect to a server through a modem for security reasons.
While it is connected to the modem, a screen needs to be printed.
The printer that is being used is connected to the local network.
While connected to the modem, attempting to print gives the error "The RPC server is unavailable."

System:
Windows XP Professional SP3
Printer server is Windows Server 2008
Modem is old 56k modem connected by serial port (don't think that matters)

What I've tried:
I have tried modifying the routing table to force connections to the subnet that the computer and printer are hosted on.
route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0 METRIC 40 IF 0x2
ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53, ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2 is the integrated NIC
The RPC service is running, and I have also started the RPC locator

Any suggestions what I should do next?

A:Unable to print to network printer while connected to modem

These are correct

ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53,
ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2
but this is not

route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0
and should not be necessary at all, if the PC gateway is on 10.1.61.x

Instead, get the output of ROUTE PRINT and post that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-while-connected-to-modem.195362/
Relevancy 64.93%

I run XP Pro on my desktop which is hardwired to my WIFi router. I have a laptop that can make a WiFi connection and use my printer, also hardwired to the desktop.

Whilst I can print as many copies as I wish from my desktop, no matter how many copies one wants from the laptop, it will only ever print one!

Can this be a) explained, and b) overcome?

Thanks
Tony

A:Unable to print multiple copies on shared printer

Is the printer shared on the Desktop? and is Simple File sharing turned on? If so, on the laptop, go to Printers and Faxes, and Delete the printer. Now on the laptop, go to Start/Run and type the computer name of the desktop computer where the printer is attached (ex) \\computername and press enter. It now should show the shared printer and any other shared folders on the Desktop. Right click the Shared Printer and press Connect. The shared printer will now be listed on the laptop. Print a multi page document by opening it, and going to File/Print and changing the amount of pages to print.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-print-multiple-copies-on-shared-printer-636068.html
Relevancy 60.2%

hello dear sir I have the problem with my printers in my office the printers are HP laser jet and my problems is nbsp After I print a document printer does not stop and printing white papers until I stop print service or power down the printer whenI push ctrl p nbsp to printer I does white down not , print print or service I and printer the power until After a stop papers stop printing document print After I print a document , printer does not stop and printing white papers until I stop print service or power down the printer some files like shockwave shd appears in this address quot c windows system spooler printers quot and these files never vanished unless i stop the print spooler I know that nbsp nbsp The following briefly describes the purpose of SPL SHD and TMP files SPL files are the actual spool print job files TMP files are usually associated with LPR print jobs SHD files provide information about which printer the print job was sent to and from whom the print job came An SHD file is a quot shadow quot file that keeps track After I print a document , printer does not stop and printing white papers until I stop print service or power down the printer of what logical printer a same number xxxxx spl file goes to It also contains the file's order in the queue the user who sent the file to the printer and other information These files are usually deleted unless the logical printer settings state otherwise but these files nbsp never vanished and untils these file were removed manually printer cant print at all please help me

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d7fe83f4-0a43-4fa4-b01b-adb78bcaa910/after-i-print-a-document-printer-does-not-stop-and-printing-white-papers-until-i-stop-print?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 58.48%

We have replaced some of our machines and bought new systems with Vista, unfortunately we have a printing issue, none of the Vista users can access the shared printer attached to Window's 98 System on the parallel port.

A:Vista Machine unable to print to Printer attached to 98 machine thru parallel port

Originally Posted by savikalra

We have replaced some of our machines and bought new systems with Vista, unfortunately we have a printing issue, none of the Vista users can access the shared printer attached to Window's 98 System on the parallel port.

Have you installed the printer drivers on the Vista machines.?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/197162-vista-machine-unable-print-printer-attached-98-machine-thru-parallel-port.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Guys In our org recently the intranet portal is being launched having webpages built using using - 4C02 Error Printer print error Internet Explorer, to 49. Unable Html amp CSS everything seemed to be working fine until we had this issue of printing via all Internet Explorer browser version Issue Description Couple of symptoms of the issues when trying to print The printer name is invalid res ieframe dll preview js The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable res ieframe dll preview js Whenever print is fired the printer goes in hung state we have to power off and power on the same Observation The same webpage when we try to print using Mozilla firefox Google chrome there is no issueThe Unable to print using Internet Explorer, Printer error 49. 4C02 - Error print model is HP LaserJet M MFP seriesThe printer is installed using TCP configuration on member server and the printer is shared for client PCs Windows As soon as the print is fired on the server where printer is configured observe event ID which states print was successful Document URL - website owned by UserA was printed on HP LaserJet mfp - IT PCL via port IP nbsp Size in bytes pages printed We also tested the print on several other printer model like Lexmark and the issue is same If the printer Unable to print using Internet Explorer, Printer error 49. 4C02 - Error is configured locally using USB Unable to print using Internet Explorer, Printer error 49. 4C02 - Error and tried to print print is successfulIf we print to XPS doc it prints properly using IE for that pageTried to trace what s happening using netmon when print is fired using IE and below is the screenshot Came across this registry thing while troubleshooting and didn t know how it could relate to the issue while deep diving into netmon logs nbsp nbsp ms REG DWORD LITTLE ENDIAN Action Taken KB nbsp - didn t workedInstalled hotfixes on windows PC KB KB KB didn t workedlogged case with HP Support updated the drivers UPD PS didn t worked still working on it enabled disabled script debugging on IE advanced settings didn t workedturned on off protected mode didn t workedtried running in bit version didn t workedtried running in run as administrator mode didn t workedregistered IE dlls with regards to print didn t workedreinstalled IE didn t worked nbsp It seems when print is fired the job is sent to server and as soon as the server spooled the print job in to printer the printer used to get hung Printer queue would show the status as printing but won t print if we don t cancel the job the printer after powered ON would again go into hung state Would appreciate for your prompt response on the above issue mentioned and do revert for more queries any points step if I have missed nbsp - Charles

A:Unable to print using Internet Explorer, Printer error 49. 4C02 - Error

Thanks guys for your help, the issue seemed to be fixed as it was identified by application team there was some issue(might not be compatible with IE & specific printers) with the font.

The font used in the application was 'Open Sans Light','Open Sans Regular', 'Open Sans Semi Bold' belonging to the 'Open Sans' family of fonts.We downloaded the Webfont from Google FontsWe tried printing the font in the HP printers which caused the 49.4C02 error.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e1ed1c42-8663-4686-8f93-11b198191cea/unable-to-print-using-internet-explorer-printer-error-49-4c02-error?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 57.62%

Whenever I print to the shared printer on my Windows 7 desktop, the print job will just sit in the print queue. If I stop and then start the print spooler, the job will print. It happens from an XP laptop. Print jobs sent from the local Windows 7 computer print just fine.
How can i solve this one ? :(

This issue with some particular laptop running windows Xp and windows 7 Home

A:Whenever I print to the shared printer he print job will just sit in the print queue

So, the Windows 7 Desktop has the printer physically attached to it and it's shared?
And the XP laptop is sharing the printer through the network? If I understand you correctly?
If so, on the XP Laptop, go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. Are there any devices with yellow flags? Or Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers is there an Unknown Device? Or any listings for the printer? If so, right click it and Uninstall it. Now go to Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Add Remove Programs uninstall any drivers or software for the printer. Now,go to Printers and Faxes, and if the printer icons is there, Right click the shared printer icon and Delete it. And Restart the computer. Now when the computer comes back up, go to the printer manufacturers support/download drivers site and type in the model# for the printer and download the driver for the printer for XP and install it. Now, go to Start/Run and type the computer name of the Windows 7 machine (ex) \\ComputerName and press enter. A window should open up with the shared drives on the 7 computer, with the shared printer. Right click the shared printer and choose Connect. This will add the printer to Printers and Faxes again. Right click this printer/Properties and print a Test Page.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/whenever-i-print-to-the-shared-printer-he-print-job-will-just-sit-in-the-print-queue-680580.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I am unable to print from any program. Printers seemed to be installed OK. When I select print, the program freezes and displays the message "The printer has not yet responded, but the Microsoft Office program may be able to proceed without printer information. Do you want to continue to wait for the printer?". If I say no I get the printer dialogue box with the printer line blank, but all printers displayed below the bank line. If I select one of the printers I get the message "The active directory domain services is currently unavailable".
I tried googling the problem, but cannot find an answer. Any ideas?

A:Unable to print "The printer has not yet responded, but the ..."

Hi, are you using any printer sharing (USB device share) software? This can cause such behaviour. Additionally it could be a USB glitch - have you tried changing the printer to another USB port? If it's a network printer or you are trying to access a printer on another workstation then there would be other steps to take...

Obviously you need a printer that has sufficient consumables on hand, and silly as it sounds, make sure there are no paper jams...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/205980-unable-print-printer-has-not-yet-responded-but.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I just purchased an used computer with Windows Home Premium x this is an HP Slimline s f The problem that I have is with a Brother HL series printer It gave me a really hard time to install the drivers that I downloaded from Printer grayed problems print - page print fails test out button the Brother website I kept getting a quot x quot error and quot Printer problems print button grayed out - test print page fails could not find suitable driver for this printer quot error Finally I decided to take the driver folders for this printer from my wife's computer and copied them to my computer and put them in the drivers repository under System and was able to install the printer after that with no problems The problem that I have right now is that the printer won't print even though it told me Printer problems print button grayed out - test print page fails that the driver installation was successful -the print button is grayed out -If I click quot printer properties quot it tells me that the drivers have not been installed and asks if I want to install them -If I install the drivers at this prompt it tells me that the drivers have been successfully installed -Now it lets me access the printer properties but when I click quot print test page quot either nothing happens or it tells me that it failed to print and access is denied -If i close printer properties and try to access it again it tells me that the printer drivers have not been installed I get the same results with the printer connected locally trough USB or on another computer through the network All the other computers in the house print to this printer without a problem through the network The printer server is running Ubuntu It seems like a permission problem Thanks I appreciate any help that I can receive on this Manuel Rivas

A:Printer problems print button grayed out - test print page fails

Hello and welcome Manuel. Now probably too obvious mate but is the printer showing up ticked as the default device in Printers and Devices? while 7 is up and running?.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/277064-printer-problems-print-button-grayed-out-test-print-page-fails.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have an HP C5280 printer running wirelessly via a TP Link wireless print server and D Link Di 624 wireless router. I can print successfully from either my desktop (which is connected direct to the D Link router) or either of my laptops (wireless). However, when I select the double-sided print option I get a print error message after re-inserting the odd number pages to print the other side of the paper and then click 'continue'.

Could I resolve this by connecting the printer both direct to the desktop using USB AND leaving it connected via the wireless TP Link print server? This would enable me to print double-sided from my desktop (as I did before when the printer was only connected via the USB desktop port).

A:Print error message when trying to print double sided output on wireless printer

Could I resolve this by connecting the printer both direct to the desktop using USB AND leaving it connected via the wireless TP Link print server? Click to expand...

Probably, unless the USB connection is already used with the print server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-error-message-when-trying-to-print-double-sided-output-on-wireless-printer.1021916/
Relevancy 55.47%

A client is interested in having external networking ports available for printing to internal, XP-attached shared workstation printers.

Basically, they want to print to external IP address 123.123.123.123:8765 and have IIS push that data to a shared printer at someone's workstation. Ideally we would set up six or eight of these, each with a different port on the public IP.

Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/howdoi-print-to-port-8765-and-have-iis-print-to-shared-printer.583599/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm working at an office where when you hit the Print Screen button, it causes a printout in addition to the normal copy to clipboard. I just want to copy to clipboard without wasting toner and paper. It can't be a program on the computer as it's clean with just Windows 8.1

It actually happens on all the machines (whether Windows 7, 8, or 8.1). Is it a program installed on the server? Is it a setting in Windows? How do I stop this behavior?

A:Print Screen button will print to the printer! how to stop

By definition the print screen function only sends the image to the clipboard so if the printer is also involved then something else -- some other software installed on your machine -- is the culprit here.

One way to find out what it is is by unhooking the printer and then watching the screen to see what error messages pop up when trying to use the print screen function.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47170-print-screen-button-will-print-printer-how-stop.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there OK here we go I previously owned a Lexmark Z printer and up to a certain point it was printing ok Then it abruptly stopped printing any pages It sounded as if it was getting the signal from the computer but nothing would print Rather than buy new cartridges which would have cost more than a new printer I bought a Dell Now the color prints fine but I cannot get the black to print The cartridges are just about full with only a small amount out of the black cartridge I read somewhere this week that it has something to do with the software I believe there was a work-around but for the life of me I can t remember where I saw it and I didn t bookmark the Ink print/No previous would Black pages print will printer not in page My other computer is WinXP but I didn t like XP and the fact that I got hosed on the deal with only RAM - never could track down the guy who sold it to me Figures Anyway I now have a computer Black Ink will not print/No pages in previous printer would print with WIN K I don t have the software for the Dell printer but I downloaded the drivers from the Dell site I do have the software for the Lexmark Lately it seems I ve seen Dell and Lexmark being spoken of in the same sentence - are they connected A LEXPPS exe which is Lexmark corporation is quot listening quot according to my Comodo leading me to believe that Dell and Lexmark have a lot to do with each other I m sure this sounds quite like rambling on my part but this little problem is driving me crazy right now and while not really a newbie I m pretty close - sort of a newbnov Can someone help me with this Thanks a bunch u btrfly nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

My usb attached printer is no longer listed in control panel PM. I want to set it as default but can't. Tried several suggestions in this forum but nothing worked. Thanks.

A:Printer not on print manager list but can print to it from aps

Hello and welcome Stacey now just what have you tried?? It sounds like a driver issue to me but unless we have some definite specs on the equipment not much we can do.
See this System Info - See Your System Specs

One item in particular is what is the printer make and model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/349959-printer-not-print-manager-list-but-can-print-aps.html
Relevancy 53.75%

thanks for your guide

how can I create a task to 'open a printer, print the test page at that specific printer and then shut down the printer' ?

I want to do this, so that the printer will be maintained and not break due to inactivity

thanks!

A:Create task to open printer, print test page, and shutdown printer?

Not understanding this part of your question ........ "not break due to inactivity"

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276272-create-task-open-printer-print-test-page-shutdown-printer.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am running win98se, and have just recovered from a boot-drive crash. I needed to copy everything over to new drive, including all programs,etc. I am starting to see some minor things that aren't quite right. One such problem, is I can't print or print preview in Word 97. Hitting the print or print preview icon does nothing. Going into file, then down to print/print preview does not bring the print window or the print preview window up. nothing happens. any suggestions? by the way, the printer does work-I am able to print thru other apps. Also, I do not have the orig. install cd for this app. thanks.

A:Unable to print/print preview on word97

Many programs will not work if their files are just copied from one system to another. If that's what you did rather than reinstalling from the installation disks, you're likely going to have several problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-print-print-preview-on-word97.760295/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello Im sorry if this question has already been posted i tried searching and couldn t find the answer in this forum I have a question maybe someone can direct me to a tutorial somewhere or to another topic From Computers Do To Connect How Printer Let Several Printer? I This And Router, Print that contains instructions on how to do this well I just got a new router and desktops are connected to it and i have wireless laptops They are all connected to the internet via How Do I Connect Printer To Router, And Let Several Computers Print From This Printer? the router I have also connected my hp How Do I Connect Printer To Router, And Let Several Computers Print From This Printer? office jet printer to my router since it has an ethernet port how do i make it so every computer on my network can print from this one printer the other thing is since its connected to the router directly i dont want to have the printer connected to any computer via usb so can someone please direct me to a tutorial in which all my computers can print from this one printer which is connected to the router via a direct Ethernet cable thank you so much

A:How Do I Connect Printer To Router, And Let Several Computers Print From This Printer?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...182&lang=enyou'll probably need the network drivers installed on each computerdidn't the printer come with a manual?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128926/how-do-i-connect-printer-to-router-and-let-several-computers-print-from-this-printer/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a program that has trouble printing to the correct sizes, the program itself in unreplaceable and has very little in the way of print options.

Is there a program out there that can simulate a printer, automatically resize/crop/shift and send to the real printer which the problem program can print to?

I've google without success, my next step would be to write a program myself.

THANKS!

Relevancy 52.03%

I had a Print Server EUSSO that connected with my old deskjet printer HP deskjet c USB to my knowledge it working fine Though I had bought a new printer HP laserjet USB hook it up to a new printer won't Print print Server on Print Server but to my amazement I couldn t get it to work it working fine if plug direct to PC I set it the way I worked with the old deskjet HP deskjet c USB and I don t see Print Server won't print on new printer why it didn t work Or maybe the Print Server do not support the new Printer I had visit HP support site and they just didn t give me any good solution Note upon completing the setup and do a test print I notice there aren t any error messages display I see a queue of file on the Printer Document Name last for seconds and dissappear No errors messages But if I try to change the port name number it will display error message upon printing and the file on the Printer Document Name didn t dissappear either I am so curious why it didn t work I know it not the printer fault Print Server is not malfunction either unless it not meant to support my new printer Not the cable either I don t see any wrong doing with my setup since I got the first one work and running Now I am sitting duck Any feed back on this issue would gladly be appreciated nbsp

A:Print Server won't print on new printer

Did you install the drivers for your new printer? (Obvious, sorry, but I have to ask) Best bet would be to uninstall all printers and printer software you have and start over from scratch.

The print server doesn't have to support your printer - all it does is take the data sent by your computer and forward it to the USB port. Your printer however has to support the print server. Some printers require a bidirectional connection with the computer and that cannot work over the network.

Does your print server suppirt several types of connection? It could be any combination of LPR, SMB, JetDirect and any proprietary protocols. Try something else than you are using right now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/print-server-wont-print-on-new-printer.36588/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am trying to added a printer on a windows 7 machine. When i add new printer and select from the list i get this error.
Connect to Printer.
A policy is in effect on your computer which prevents you from connecting to this print queue. Please contact your system administrator.

I have tried adjusting the Group policy setting and registry as suggested in this article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=319939&product=winsvr2003
I can manually add the printers via the ip address of the printer, but cannot from selecting them from the available printer list.
Any suggestion to resolve this issue.

A:When trying to add a networked printer i get this error. On windows 7 Profeesional machine.__Connect to Printer.__ A policy is in effect on your computer which prevents you from connecting to this print queue. Please contact your system administrator.

Hi,

I would like to suggest you configure the following policies in your default domain policy. After configuring the policies you should run the command:
gpupdate /force.

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Printers\

Point and Print Restrictions >>
Disable
Prevent addition of printers
>> Disable
Prevent deletion of printers
>>
Disable

Local Computer Policies\Administrative Templates\Printers\

Allow print spooler to accept client connections
>> Enable

If the issue persists, you may also refer to the following link to troubleshoot this issue:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888046/en-us

Does it work?

Regards,Arthur Li - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/494f00b8-9175-4aac-af14-e4382e94f1db/when-trying-to-add-a-networked-printer-i-get-this-error-on-windows-7-profeesional-machineconnect?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.88%

my computer is connected to a local hp printer and konica network printer. Any time I try to print to the konica printer, it always print to the hp. I have set the konica as my default printer, but still printer to the HP.
How do I get my document to print to the Konica printer?

A:My printer always print to the wrong printer

Did you check the ports section of the Konica printer? Sometimes people change the port the driver is working on and this will redirect where the print is going to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-printer-always-print-to-the-wrong-printer.800236/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have found several but either they error, or they put a watermark or they just dont work.

A:looking for a PDF printer. Printer dialog will then print to PDF

Which ones have you tried?

I use PDF Creator. It works well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/381225-looking-pdf-printer-printer-dialog-will-then-print-pdf.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have found several but either they error, or they put a watermark or they just dont work.

A:looking for a PDF printer. Printer dialog will then print to PDF

Which ones have you tried?

I use PDF Creator. It works well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381225-looking-pdf-printer-printer-dialog-will-then-print-pdf.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My Mom Unable printer install old printer, Windo uninstall to drivers, update has an HP laptop She recently purchased a new HP printer and I have been trying for the last days to get it to install connect I've been in touch with Unable to install printer drivers, uninstall old printer, update Windo HP but the links they provide aren't resolving the issues First using the CD that came with the printer hangs up at around - It doesn't not show up as installed I copied the CD to the desktop modified Setup exe in CFFExplorer and Run as Administrator and it appears to completely install however when I go to Device Manager it says no driver is found I sometimes have the option to update and sometimes that seems to work but I can't access it through Add a Printer which has the green bar run across the top then pulsate and freeze Trying to install using the driver I download from HP results in no installing screen appearing but it does hang up in the background and the only way to stop it is to Restart The same thing happens if I try to use HPs Wizard I've installed several HP printers through the years and not had this much trouble That doesn't even include the dozens of times I've had to reinstall my own HP printer because of its contrariness Additionally attempts to uninstall the old printer results in it hanging up freezing soon in to the process whether I try to uninstall from the Start menu file or Uninstall program I'm not even being able to get the Windows Updates to install - that process also just hangs up freezes FYI - I've not checked her machine in a while so there are many updates however when I just choose at a time it still sits at and never moves FYI the printer when connected is with the USB and I've tried all USB ports on this just in case Am still in touch with HP but they are sending me the usual links so I'm hoping perhaps someone here can think of something a little less ordinary Thx

A:Unable to install printer drivers, uninstall old printer, update Windo

Hi columbia93, welcome to 7F!

Printers are touchy animals, when installing any printer you have to follow the install procedures exactly as described by the manufacturer.

This may be the root cause:

Quote:
FYI - I've not checked her machine in a while

Not that you haven't been able to check it, but there may be an accumulation of problems on your Mom's machine that also are stopping the update process.

I am trying to find one of 7F's tutorials on improving performance of a computer, but it boils down to cleaning out all detritus that a machine can accumulate of a period of time.
I did find this but there is another one: Hard Disk Space - Free Up and Recover The first three options would help

Run Antimalware/virus scans, run a Check Disk then a sfc /scannow then try to uninstall that old printer driver, and if that works shut down the machine, and try to install the printer without the HP disk, when it looks, but asks if you have the disk say no and allow the OS to install what it has.
It is my understanding that HP Printer drivers already come with Windows 7.

But do the cleanup first and see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/277719-unable-install-printer-drivers-uninstall-old-printer-update-windo.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I've recently driver Printer on in Win10: use install to printer is Unable bought a new laptop and have Unable to install printer on Win10: Printer driver is in use Windows on it I can't get my printer a Canon Pixma MG to fully work Initially I just plugged in the printer Windows would automatically install the drivers and it would succesfully print However it wouldn't scan Therefore I picked up the manual and read you should install the software on the cd-rom supplied together with the printer before connecting the printer to the computer So I uninstalled the printer from Devices confirmed the printer is no longer listed under devices and did a reboot with the printer disconnected from the computer and turned off Now I insert the printer's cd-rom and select to install the drivers from the menu that the cd-rom presents This produces the following error message Printer driver is currently in use If you are not using the printer driver it may be used by other users on this computer Exit all applications and printer properties and then try again If you still have a problem restart the computer and then try again I don't know how to make this work In the Task Manager I don't see any applications that I suspect use the printer Also rebooting and immediately starting the cd-rom just produced the same error Could it be that the operating system itself has the printer drivers in use Any idea what to do

A:Unable to install printer on Win10: Printer driver is in use

Forget about the CD disc. It probably does not have Windows 10 driver for the scanner. Head over to Canon web site and search for latest drivers compatible for Windows 10.i_Xp/Vista/W7/W10 Usermessage edited by XpUser

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/unable-to-install-printer-on-win10-printer-driver-is-in-use/186.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi - I am new and this is my first post and I am not very tech knowledgeable so please excuse my ignorance I bought a new computer loaded with Win Pro bit I installed all of my programs and everything worked fine until I tried to set up (32 HP won't print Printer Pro Win 7 bit) my HP printer - which both Win amp HP say is Win compatible though it is an older printer Windows Update found the printer downloaded the driver and set it as my default printer with a big green arrow saying quot Ready quot When I try to print something no matter the source I get a pop up that indicates the document is being sent to the printer then nothing happens as if it just times out before the printer ever receives the signal no flashing lights on Win 7 Pro (32 bit) HP Printer won't print printer - nothing Then I check the printer queue and it is in there with an error I delete the job and then check the printer in the control panel - and it has a big yellow - so I run troubleshooting and it says that it couldn't print because another job is in the printer queue I have tried all the suggestions for stopping the printer spooler and clearing the queue and restarting the spooler - and then everything appears to be OK again ready to print I get the big green arrow ready sign on printer icon again - but then the same thing happens again I have even tried another HP printer and all is the same I have installed both printers removed both printers restored the machine back to arrival time started everything all over run MS's Mr Fix It program for printer problems done everything I can find with batch files etc all to no avail I desperately need a printer that works My internet searches indicate that many others out there have had the same problem with Win and printers but I never find the right answer Can anyone here help me Is it something in the registry quot Is it the printer drivers even though HP says they are supported for Win Is there some software that will fix it I am willing to buy a new printer if that would do it but what's the point if something is corrupted in the Win registry Thanks much for any advice I can get Very Frustrated

A:Win 7 Pro (32 bit) HP Printer won't print

Hi there, what is the model of the printer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/82202-win-7-pro-32-bit-hp-printer-wont-print.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Compaq IJ700 printer that came with my Compaq Presario 5150 computer, running windows 98. It was working fine and then suddenly it will not print anymore. I tried unhooking all cables and hooking them back up and uninstalling and reinstalling printer, but nothing helps. The Compaq control program comes up like it is going to print, but nothing happens, then a few minutes later, I get a error message saying my printer timed out. I have tried using the printer troubleshoooter, but no help. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 47.3%

I have an hp psc 1200 (printer, scanner) and i cant seem to get it to print just in greyscale. there doesn't seem to be any option to do so.his is really frustrating when i'm trying to print out a web page and don't wont to spend the time and money. Any suggestion? am i missing something ?

Relevancy 47.3%

My printer will not print, it wants to save to an .xps file. No matter what I do.

A:Printer won't print

Grandma -

When you attempt to print, what is the name of the printer that comes up in the printer dialog box?

Is it Microsoft XPs Document writer?

If so, check in your Devices and Printers app from the start menu or control panel. If you see a green check box next to the XPS printer, than that has been set as your default. Right click the picture of the printer you want to use and select "Set as default printer".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-wont-print.1081728/
Relevancy 47.3%

i AM PUTTING THIS QUESTION UNDER HARDWARE, BECAUSE I HAD A XEROX C8 PRINTER THAT WOULD NOT PRINT RED INK. I TRIED NEW CARTRIDGES AND THEN A NEW PRINT HEAD, STILL NO CIGAR. SO YESTERDAY I BOUGHT A NEW EPSON STYLUS C82, AND GUESS WHAT. IT PRINTED PROPERLY FOR MAY TEN MINUTES. THEN THE RED WENT OUT AND I CAN'T GET IT TO WORK. I AM CURRENTLY USING THE COMPAQ PRESARIO 7470. PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN. BY THE WAY IN CASE IT WASN'T OBVIOUS I AM COMPUTER ILLITERATE, SO PLEASE GIVE ME DETAIL.

A:Printer Will Not Print Red!

Posting in all caps makes your post more difficult to read.

Have you tried scanning for a virus with recently-updated virus definitions?

Have you tried cleaning the print heads? Check your manual; the procedure is different with all printers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-will-not-print-red.120414/
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm running XPPro with an HP Deskjet 842C. When I send anything to print, it sits in the print jobs folder forever without printing. I have not made any changes to my system recently. Does anyone have any suggestions? thank you!

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Lexmark T644 network printer with her own IP address.
A user from the network had installed this printer.
How can I find that user (machine name) ?
I mention that isn't AD, only workgroup.

Thanks.

Relevancy 47.3%

Just hooked up my HP 1510 All-in-One Series printer and unable to print from internet and computer. Followed all instructions and it keeps telling me everything is OK when I troubleshoot, sigh!!! Any advice would be appreciated at this point. Thanks... [email addr. removed by mod]

A:Printer won't print!

I removed your email address. Have you really been a member for eleven years and don't yet know that we only help publicly and that posting your address like that is a spam magnet?

You can use the all-in-one to copy, so you know that there is nothing wrong with the printer itself?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-wont-print.1156737/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have had my printer for about 2 1/2 years and it has been great until about 2 weeks ago. I can make copies but if I try to print from my computer it gets to 55% and then stops and it doesn't print. At the beginning of September it was printing fine, but for the past two weeks I can not get it to print anything. I have tried updating, uninstalling and reinstalling, and restarting the computer, even took it for a long truck ride home to consult with my mom and it still didn't help. Can please help me? I am a college student who has a lot of homework and papers to print and really need my printer to be working.

Thanks,
Katie

Relevancy 47.3%

My Sony Vios laptop Windows XP recently got a virus A Geek Squad member at Best Buy brought it back to day one It was working fine but rather slow so I upgraded to IE from Much faster now however now my HP sci printer will not print Printer won't print but it will copy I uninstalled the printer and then tried to reinstalled it and I keep getting his error message E Setup hpzgqt exe -gatecue-runhpzmsi exe -m memories disc - ENU Printer won't print -f c WINDOWS hpoins dat-Validate No A window pops up that says Error opening installation log file Verify that the specified log file location exists and than you can write to it There s an OK button to press and I did but then if I remember correctly there was a window instructing me to uninstall I did I am totally computer illeratate when it comes to these things and have no idea what all that means I have no idea what a log file is or where to find out if it exists or what to do when it s found I did not try to print anything when it was still IE so I don t know if it was still working at that time but I m wondering if upgrading to IE has anything to do with this problem Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

If you are using a cd to install from, then I would suggest downloading the driver from HP's website. Click Here for a link. The link is for the PSC 2410, I don't beleive that they have a 2410 SCI.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-wont-print.954159/
Relevancy 47.3%

I ve got a e-series laptop running windows Xp Home Ram Lexmark inkjet I can no longer print anything from the command of gt Toolbar File gt Print gt OK or even by the printer Icon graphic on the browser toolbar but when I print Via Ctrl-P shortcut it sometimes works The printer worked fine until last saturday No major software changes have been installed either I have tried deleting documents from the pending que via the Control panel my printer ..Print Why ?? won't but occasionally the print pending list clogs up and wont delete anything and I have to re-start the baby I have checked the communications lead USB and the printer on a second computer and it all works fine I have tried plugging the device into all three USB ports but no change The device doesn t seem to show up under the USB hub device manager either I have un-installed and re-installed the printer and drivers and updated them from the Lexmark website Occasionally in Control panel there are two printers displayed Why won't my printer ..Print ?? both are the same model one is a copy of the other installed one If it is a shared IRQ address conflict how does one solve it Still amateur nbsp

A:Why won't my printer ..Print ??

Last Saturday isn't so long ago.

Try running "System Restore" and choosing a prior date. These can be undone if you like.

Start > run: msconfig > Launch System Restore.

You say you are having problems deleting pending items -- if the printer is networked -- make sure the items are not associated with documents on another computer.

Delete any "printers" from the Control panel that are not active.

There is a way to clean install printers -- but it involves some registry editing and your best bet is to try System Restore first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-wont-my-printer-print.638561/
Relevancy 47.3%

You have prolly had this question before, so I ask your patience if you have. We have an HP 722c printer...it used to work with XP. but since we had the comp serviced it no longer does so. I have tried to download drivers from HP but this has not worked...any suggestions would be welcome to remedy this situation...a new printer is out of the question...and we still have windows 2000 and 98 and 95 lying around to reconfigure the comp if we need to, but then I will need advice on how to do this properly...thank you in advance for any and all help.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Lexmark E312 L Optra printer that was connected via USB to a brand new Compaq Presario running Windows Vista Home Premium. Brand new computer.

We turned off the computer last night due to thunderstorms (we're in Tampa.) Not the printer, though it's connected to a strong surge protector.
The printer worked perfectly well through its' USB connection yesterday.

Then, this morning, there were two problems:
1. First, the printer would only print a test page no matter what we tried to print.
2. Now, the printer doesn't seem to be recognized via USB. No matter what we try to print, it won't. I'm not certain what's going on. It is as if the computer "sees" the printer, but won't communicate with it.

Any suggestions are VERY welcome!

Thanks!

A:Help! Printer won't Print!

The printer could still have been zapped in spite of the surge protector. Surge protectors are good for "normal" spikes, but those caused by lightening are not normal.

Try this.

1. Turn off the printer and disconnect the USB cabe and printer power line.
2.Wait about 1 minute and connect the power suppy then the USB cabe.
3. Turn on the printer.
4. See if you can print something.

Only other thing I can think of would be uninstalling/reinstaling the printer to see if that might help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-printer-wont-print.850620/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a netgear router from comcast and I have my printer running through it. My wife has a laptop and it uses the same router. Her computer is connected to the internet and prints perfectly. My desktop is connected to the internet with no problem but all of a sudden I can not print. I printed yesterday with no problem. I have restarted everything and I hooked up a new ethernet cable from the router to the printer - no luck. Comcast is less than helpful and wants me to pay for troubleshooting on their router. Any ideas what happened?

A:My printer won't print

I was able to add the printer back in and am not able to print. However, it isn't letting me scan. I think I need to reinstall the printer software for the all in one 7310. Sound like I am on the right track?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-printer-wont-print.1012202/
Relevancy 47.3%

Recently I cannot print to one of two printers attached to our Dell Cannot Print To One Printer Dimension E desktop Depending on the application in use at the time the Cannot Print To One Printer message that appears is Internet Explorer or MS Word has encountered a problem and needs to close I installed Service Pack for Windows XP ran Microsoft s Malicious Software Removal Tool updated our McAfee Security Suite and ran a scan of the computer and re-installed the drivers for the printer an Oki B No viruses or malware was found by the scans The problem persists Changing the default printer to our other printer an HP Deskjet C now allows us to print But I need to get the Oki back online Here are the error signatures I gathered when I tried to print to the Oki AppName iexplore exe AppVer ModName oplk ui dll ModVer Offset d d AppName winword exe AppVer AppStamp d ModName oplk ui dll ModVer ModStamp fb aa fDebug Offset d d When I tried to view the properties of the Oki printer in Control Panel I get Function address x d d caused a protection fault exception code xc Some or all property pages may not be displayed And sure enough no property pages were displayed I was able to print the printers test page so the printer itself works What should I try next

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/160705/cannot-print-to-one-printer/
Relevancy 47.3%

I got a new Lexmark X all-in-one a couple weeks ago It came with a color cartridge only Printer print won't but at first it worked with only cartridge But I only printed a half dozen or so pages the first few days then when I would try to print it would pop up a box showing a question mark on the Printer won't print black cartridge So I got a black catridge and put that in Yes the tape is off of it and yes the black and color cartridges are in their correct slots Now it won t print because it says that the cartridges have to be realigned and I need to print a realignment page But when I try to print the ralignment page nothing happens The computer IS communicating Printer won't print with the printer because if Printer won't print I put a picture or something on the scanner the Lexmark Imaging Studio is able to scan it and show a preview on my monitor But then it won t print the scanned image because the cartridges aren t realigned I ve tried printing webpages just to test it and cartridges aren t realigned Ugh I have XP What can I do to fix this nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I ve spent the last hours trying to get a brand new Epson Not Will Printer Print All-in-One Wi-Fi SX W all-in-one ink jet to print wirelessly from a Win bit PC on my network at home Printer installation prompted me to download bit drivers from Epson which I did and have installed Installation completed without any warnings but I can not get the printer to print wirelessly from the Win PC via my D-Link ADSL router I can t even get it to All-in-One Wi-Fi Printer Will Not Print produce All-in-One Wi-Fi Printer Will Not Print a test print and in All-in-One Wi-Fi Printer Will Not Print the network map the line between the printer and the wireless network SSID is shown as a broken line However The printer is being recognised in the router management console as a connected DHCP client with the expected automatically assigned IP address and I can ping the printer from the Win machine The wi-fi LED on the printer is on I can connect to the printer wirelessly using Epson Net Config and any settings are transmitted to the printer and are included in the network settings test print so the wi-fi connection appears to be working I have even changed the Workgroup name to the correct non default one in case this is a reason for it not to be recognised The printer works fine using the same driver when connected directly to the Win Pc via a USB cable so I m fairly sure it s not a driver problem What I also do not understand is that although I can t print I can scan when the machine is connected wirelessly but only using the basic scanner interface not Epson Scan which is only available when the printer is connected via USB I noticed in Devices amp Printers that in addition to the two entries for the printer on wi-fi one USB there is also an entry for an Epson E which appears to be the scanner component and is shown as network connected Additionally the USB printer device category is flagged as Printer Scanner Storage whereas the Wi-Fi printer is just shown as Printer The E also appears as a Network device on the Win PC with the MemoryCard slot showing as a shared drive Finally the MemoryCard slot on the E also appears as a network drive in the Workgroup on a XP Pro laptop but it can not see the printer to add it Any help or suggestions to solve this problem will be much appreciated but will not be answered until tomorrow Thanks Garry nbsp

A:All-in-One Wi-Fi Printer Will Not Print

For network ready HP all-in-ones there are big installation programs to set everything up. Does Epson use that technique? If so, is that how you installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-in-one-wi-fi-printer-will-not-print.976746/
Relevancy 47.3%

my hpphoto smart premium  309g will not print my financial reports, it did until recently now it spits out a blank page.I was trying to upgrade my printer

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/printer-will-not-print/td-p/5776302
Relevancy 47.3%

My printer will not print - I have reinstalled printer and downloaded driver. USB is connected. All lights on printer come on. However, error states "Printer is not ready". IIt was working fine until I had to put in a new ink cartridge. Any suggestions? Thank you (Windows (98)

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Brother MFC-240C printer. When I go to print anything it just doesn't want to print. I've ran troubleshooters and installed all the updates and still nothing. Need help, thanks

I've running windows 7 home 32bit

A:printer won't print

Mine did this a few days ago, but it wasn't the same kind of printer. What i did was i turned the serge protector off and left it off for about 5 minutes then turned it on a BAM it worked!
Maybe it could work for yours too.
Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/109493-printer-wont-print.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a new Toshiba (intel pentium) laptop with Windows 7 on it. It runs on wireless internet. I can't get either of my two printers (Canon ip1700 and Canon MX300) to print when I try to print from my Toshiba.
My desktop computer is older and has Windows XP, and I can print from both printers using my desktop computer.
What do you think could be the problems with why I can't print with my laptop? Thanks for your help.

You need to go to Canon.com and download drivers for win 7 (either 32 or 64 bit) depending what you are running.
Then go and edit your system specs under User CP at the top in case we need to follow up or you have another problem.
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums Kimmy!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/104288-printer-wont-print.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Installed Win 10 a few months ago, everything was fine, have now istalled the latest update Win 10 version1511 [OS Build 10586.14] and the printer will not print.

Any suggestions how to overcome this please?

A:Printer will not print!

Hi maybe this will help you
http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/how-to-fix-printer-problems-in-windows-10-11363996318374

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-will-not-print.1161499/
Relevancy 47.3%

My Brother Printer is on my wireless network. I can print excel, Word, etc but when I go and try to print a PDF, the progress screen on my PC starts at 0% and stays ther for about 5 sec, them immediately hops to 100% and disappears. The Printer lights up as if it is going to print, then the Printer goes back to ready and nothing prints. Any ideas?

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a acer aspire desktop running windows vista and just got a hp deskjet d1455 and am unable to get the printer to print. The computer says its printing but it won't. Nothing at all happens. I have all drivers and correct programs installed. Maybe I have a setting wrong? I am unsure. It will say printing or queuing or ask if I want to save the file but it will not print. Any suggestions or solutions? Thank You.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have an hp 1300 on a xp machine and a vista machine on the network.
I can see the printer but can not print to it. the error i get is i do not have permission however it is shared and the firewalls are disabled, i think between the machines. any ideas?
The next option is to buy a HP JetDirect 200m Print Server Network Card and try to make it a network printer. My last print server has flaked out on me so I am trying to make this work.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have an HP Laserjet 5p printer. It worked fine in Windows 7 but since I upgraded to Windows 10 it won't print. Windows recognizes the printer. It installs it (I have removed it and reinstalled numerous times). When I try to print I just get a message that says Can't print because of an error, but it doesn't tell me the specific error. It is connected with a Rosewill PCI card which I have installed the most recent drivers. I have used DriverTuner along with other driver software to try to update drivers. I've checked all the settings. Everything looks right, there must be something I am missing. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any assistance would be appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38437-printer-wont-print.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an epson stylus color 777 and it won`t print anything even the test page won`t print. Any help would be appreciated.
Gis

A:printer won`t print

Try this >Start>Settings>Printer and Faxes to the left, click,
"Add a Printer". You may need your CD that came with your printer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-won-t-print.84417/
Relevancy 47.3%

My Lexmark x printer has stopped working properly I keep getting a message that says the printer cannot communicate with the computer My operating system is Windows XP Home edition Printer won't print I have reinstalled it Printer won't print twice I bought a new usb cable and that wasn t it The power cord does however get hot after the printer has been on for a time There is not a paper jam either The two lights on the top keep Printer won't print flashing at me The power and the status light I installed two new print cartridges but I have printed with them before this happened When I go into Printers and Faxes I see copies of my printer I do not know how they got there I cannot delete them They are all offline One has documents that are trying to print I cannot get any of them to return to online The page just freezes The title line just reads not responding Can anybody hellp me nbsp

how about goto control panel - printers and faxes - right click on the printers - select delete - (all of them) - then reinstall the printer- you way want to go online and d/l the latest drivers for your printer-
edit - of course it COULD be your printer is fubar- if it worked before and you havent changed anything, maybe the printer is dead...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-wont-print.575505/
Relevancy 47.3%

A brand new HP Photosmart D7160 printer won't print although I've downloaded the new drivers. It is connected to an HP dv9233cl laptop computer running Vista.

Relevancy 47.3%

I can no longer preview print; i.e., the system can not recognize any printer.
Hence, I can no longer print. I can not execute ADD printer.
I receive the following error messages:
"The printer spooler is not running"
"Error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start"
"print spooler service is not running"

Newcomer to this forum. Can anyone help?

A:Can't print, can't ADD printer

Can you go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services then restart the Print Spooler?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/444514/cant-print-cant-add-printer/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi:

I have windows xp and i am having problem getting the printer to print. The message I want to print goes in the print cue and a message 'did not print'

I have tried printing with two different printers, that used to print just fine before, and both will not print.

I tried detaching the usb, deleting the printer, plugging in usb and computer detects new hardware but that is about it.

can u help please?

A:Help - Printer Will Not Print

Do the printers have a print test page button on them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-printer-will-not-print.571081/
Relevancy 47.3%

I added a printer,it seems that the printer works and the software is on the computer but nothing prints. I bought a Belkin USB parallel printer adapter cable and it says to update the USB software. Any ideas on how to do this? I have windows XP and an Epson Stylus Color 850 printer. I been unable to find the software

A:My printer don't print.

I assume that your printer has a LPT port only and that you want to convert it to a USB port? If your computer has an LPT port on it then I suggest that you try and get it running with that first. Then put the LPT to USB cable in, install the drivers for that cable, and give it another go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-printer-dont-print.615295/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an HP PSC 2110v all in one printer that all of the suddent will not print jobs. I do get a print out of the Menu Report but cannot print from Notebook or the c prompt. Everytime I press print, the computer sounds like it's getting ready, but nothing comes out. When I press print several times and open the printer details window, under status, it says "printing" then changes to "deleting print job". What could be going on? Obviously the power is on, and everything seems to be connected to the computer properly. I do have low link, but I have totally ran out of ink in the past and have never come across this problem. Please help me...thanks for your time!!!

Relevancy 47.3%

I have the HP 5550, and I also have a Lexmark printer. The Lexmark prints OK. When I try to make a file print to the HP, it tells me THE FILE DID NOT PRINT, and it put it in a holding file. What have I done so far?

I have disconnected the HP, and removed the HP software that was in the computer. I put
in the CD that came with the printer, and I plug in the computer when told to do so. I go thru the start-up process as requested by the CD, locating this printer at LPT1.
It works mechanically on start up with the print heads moving and returning to the proper place.

I thought the CD might have been corrupted, so I got another, but the same sequence happens again.

A:HP Printer won't print

You mention you have 2 printers how are they physically hooked up to the PC? You mention LPT1 are both hooked up via parallel port? Is one LPT and one USB?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-printer-wont-print.508342/
Relevancy 47.3%

My printer won't print any documents on my pc.I know its working as i have tried it on my lab top. I have uninstalled my print driver reinstalled and updated. In the document window the print status is that it is printing but nothing happens. My printer is online. I have rebooted, disconnected, checked cables and nothing works. I have also reinstalled the port even though it said there were no conflicts and it was working properly (although had a previous drive problem with my cd drive when the computer said it was working properly when it was'nt, when i replaced the cd drive with a new one it worked). Can my cmputer tell me my port is working when it is'nt, how can i check this?

Please advise

A:My printer won't print anything.

Yes it can.

How is the printer connected to the PC? When you install the drivers/software, does the installation complete properly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-printer-wont-print-anything.1018887/
Relevancy 47.3%

Canon MX320 on a Win7 Dell. Used to print but no longer. In printer devices shows as my main printer. Even reloaded the driver. Am I missing something here?

Relevancy 47.3%

I have an HP Laserjet 5p printer. It worked fine in Windows 7 but since I upgraded to Windows 10 it won't print. Windows recognizes the printer. It installs it (I have removed it and reinstalled numerous times). When I try to print I just get a message that says Can't print because of an error, but it doesn't tell me the specific error. It is connected with a Rosewill PCI card which I have installed the most recent drivers. I have used DriverTuner along with other driver software to try to update drivers. I've checked all the settings. Everything looks right, there must be something I am missing. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any assistance would be appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38437-printer-wont-print.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 467281 MB, Free - 371797 MB; D: Total - 9656 MB, Free - 1333 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, Benicia
Antivirus: Computer Security, Updated and Enabled

I tried to set the checked printer as my default. It was grey and could not.

A:printer won't print

You need to provide more details about your printer issues.

----------------------------------------------------------

Why hasn't Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 been upgraded to Service Pack 2 which was released in May 2009?

You're using that computer with a very outdated operating system.

-----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-wont-print.1081845/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have and HP deskjet 845c printer that refuses to print anything. If I turn it on, the empty cartridge light starts to flash, but the cartridges were just refilled. I was able to get a few more sheets out of it by cleaning the nozzles, but it stopped again, and wouldn't clean the nozzles for me. I've been through the windows printing troubleshooter, and had no luck (I can't print from any other programs, or even the command line).

I'd appreciate any suggestions

Joel

Relevancy 47.3%

My HL1440 printer died. With that printer I was able to print from windows XP as well as from Peachtree 10.0 version which is a DOS program. This program requires a parallel cable port
as well as a printer that will emulate HL8PS printer or HP Laserjet I or something similiar.

I called Brother, but they stopped making HL1440. I do have HL2040 with a parallel cable, but
according to Brother, they do not have DOS driver for that printer.

Is it possible to find a printer in the market that will help. I do not want to change my software,
because I cannot find printer with parallel cable and DOS driver.

I will appreciate any help.

Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

A:Need a printer to print from DOS

You're better off moving to a USB printer as few systems now support Parallel connections.
A USB printer is rather cheap these days and if you move to better OS or Application, then it will still be supported.
Why waste time with 1998 technology?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-printer-to-print-from-dos.187059/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a compaq notebook that has win98se and will not print in any windows application. It gives a printer error. It will print in DOS and will take a setup and works using a zip drive parallel port connection. I have not been able to get into the BIOS. Compaq suggest F10, but that doesn't work. I do not have a restore disk. I see a possible solution in reinstalling windows. However, the unit will only take a floppy drive or a cd-rom, not both at one time. Any ideas.

A:Printer will not print

Create a startup disk from control panel>add/remove programs and then format your hard disk (make sure you have save anything valueble on floppy or CD-R or zip. Put the startup disk on and copy all the files to the hard disk, and then run setup from the hard disk (make sure your CD-Rom is in at this time) and then take it from there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-will-not-print.65680/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi my hp psc 1100 series printer will not print, the scanner works, the copier works, but the printer will not print anything not even a test page, i keep getting this message, {SYSTEM ERROR DOCUMENT FAILED TO PRINT DUE TO A SYSTEM ERROR}, I am using Windows XP SP2 Media Centre Edition, the strange thing is the printer works perfectky on my other computer which is Windows ME edition can anyone please help. Thanks

A:Printer will not print

Probably just HP and their crappy software. Uninstall it through the add/remove programs pop your disc is and reinstall it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-will-not-print.679025/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a software program that I run in MS-DOS mode. It used to be on an HP Brio. It printed fine. Well the Dept. Bought a new Compaq deskpro. When you go out to Dos Mode(Start-Shutdown in MS DOS Mode) and try to print the machine will lock and all you can do is power off the machine.

Here is extra info
It will print if I use F8 and use Command Prompt Only.
It will print using dir >>lpt1 in a Dos Prompt window
It will not Print in MS DOS mode using dir >>lpt1(pc will lock)
I have updated the Bios on Compaq's request. They have been of no help. Kept pawning me off saying its not a problem we would have in our database.

Thank you to anyone who might have suggestions

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-wont-print-in-dos.45123/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hopefully this is a stupid question and it's easy to answer, but for some reason my printer won't print. It is a "Lexmark Z43". The power light on is constantly blinking and I don't know why, and that may be the problem. And even when I unplug and plug back in the printer, it goes back to blinking and I cannot turn it off.

This may be part of the problem for it not printing. The printer is connected properly and everything, and I've tried every other port, and still, it doesn't do anything. Can anybody please give me a suggestion on what to do to solve this problem? Thanks!

A:My printer won't print!

I've only ever had HPs, but if there are two buttons on your printer, press the one that isn't the power button.

Perhaps you should consult the manual?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-printer-wont-print.235272/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello everyone

I have installed windows 8 consumer preview.I have also installed my printer drivers and they installed correctly, but problem is that my printer can't print anything(test page also).My printer is HP Laser-jet 1020.Thanks in advance .please reply..!

A:Windows 8 Printer can't print anything.

I'm having the same issue on my HP LaserJet P1006. Does anyone know how to fix this?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/4569-windows-8-printer-cant-print-anything.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Every time I go to print it gets through one page and then stops and says that there is and error. And I would like to know what to do to get it to print.

A:My HP Printer wont print

what make and model of printer? you probably have to update your driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-hp-printer-wont-print.317353/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have installed a HP office jet 6700 on my network my laptop Win7 X 32 can see the printer and print. However when I tried to install the printer on my wife's laptop I cannot get it to connect at all. The printer can be seen on the network however why I try to print nothing goes to queue. I have check spooler service and it is on.
We use to have an old HP photosmart but it stopped working. I bought a HP5510 and had the same problem now I have same issue with the HP6700 and off course HP support cannot explain why this is happening.

I need help bad on this one.

A:Cannot print with printer on network

Are both computers running Windows 7? Are both computers on the same workgroup? Is this computer actually connected to your switch/router, or is it connected to one computer and then shared?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/242061-cannot-print-printer-network.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Computer #1 - Dual boots with XP Pro SP3 and Windows 7 RC1 7100 with Konica Monolta 2400W printer attached via USB and shared.

Computer #2 - Windows XP Pro SP3.

Computer #2 Sucessfully installed networked printer and prints normally when Computer #1 is booted to XP. When computer #1 is booted to Windows 7 it automatically detects and installs networked printer once network was correctly setup but gets error message when trying to print.

A:Still not able to print on networked printer

You need to have those printer drivers installed on the Windows 7 machine if you want to print from it. It see's the network printer but without the correct drivers installed it won't print.

If they don't make printer drivers for your printer and Windows 7 you are out of luck.

Of course you can always use the network folders to slide the document over to the XP machine and print from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/9382-still-not-able-print-networked-printer.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Guys,

I have 3 PCs and an HP Deskjet 6980 (networkable) printer attached to a switch on my LAN. Two of the PC's print fine to the printer, but the third one get's the following message:

"The print spooler was unable to connect to your pinter. This can be caused by your printer being turned off, the cable being unplugged, or being connected to a VPN, which will block access to your local network."
The problem pc is connected to the network with no problems and to the internet, so there is no "cable" problem, and I have disabled his Norton System Works firewall to no avail. Anyone have any ideas what to try next. Thanks!

Gary in Michigan

Relevancy 46.44%

I have Windows XP Home. Recently I purchased a Lexmark X83 printer, scanner, copier, fax combo.

When I print something, it might work fine. But when I leave it for a while, come back & try to print something else, nothing happens.

The only way I can get it to print again is to turn off the computer & reboot. What can I do so that the printer works whenever I need it?

Thanks

A:Why Doesn't My Printer Print?

Hi bizwiz2....
Welcome to TSG.

Did you install the proper drivers for WinXP ? Here is a link to their website, if you haven't.........

http://drivers.lexmark.com/drivers.nsf/SelectPrinter?OpenForm&Lexmark+X83

Hope this helps.

Debe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-doesnt-my-printer-print.79161/
Relevancy 46.44%

My printer is a Brother 5250-DN. It is conected to my Desktop that is on a network. My laptop needs to connect to the network wirelessly. When I go into the network and try to connect, it says my credentials don't work. I am typing in the right username and password. Other laptops (a Mac) in the office can connect to the printer but I can't. Hoping this is an easy fix. Other info, I can connect to the network and access an F drive that has everything on it, files etc. but not the printer. Please help.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45194-my-laptop-cant-print-my-printer.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi. I'm trying to get my HP Laserjet to print using a second computer that is linked with mine via a Motorola router that I use for my Vonage line. The main computer prints fine so I know the computer works. When I go to the second computer (which has all the drivers installed) and I choose the correct choice of printer from the dropdown, making sure the main one is on, nothing happens in terms of the printer.

When I go into the printers and faxes in the control panel (on the main computer) I see the job but it says: Remote download document under "Document Name" but nothing under status. Under "Owner" is guest. The time submitted is correct so I know the computers are communicating but they are not allowing me to print from the second computer.

Any thoughts on a fix?

Thanks,
Hollywood Howie

Relevancy 46.44%

I m running a LAN with a printer attached to and the other computers can t print to it All systems are running XP Pro and this is a relatively new problem because the printing used to work but stopped all of a sudden I ve gone as far as doing a clean install on but it didn t solve the problem From the other systems the printer shows up as print won't Printer Shared quot Opening quot once the printer window is opened then quickly goes to quot Ready quot so that means that the printer is visible to them but when I try to do a test print a popup that says quot Test Print Failed Would you like to see the print troubleshooter Operation could not be completed quot Other info Printer is Canon S D Shared Printer won't print and it is running the most recent drivers and this problem affects ALL systems on the network Your help would be greatly appreciated and happy holidays nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

My problem seems to have started with a previous printer when it would not print a letter not print Printer will properly I had written using Word Perfect It would not print emails order confirmations or anything I copied and Printer will not print properly pasted to Printer will not print properly a quot write email quot form Printer will not print properly It would sometimes print if I went to quot print preview quot first It will print to Notepad and Wordpad which I never use Thinking I had a printer problem I purchased a new printer HP Photosmart C but the exact same situation as above occurs I have uninstalled the printer program twice and reinstalled it using the disc which came with the printer I have repaced the ink cartridges and I printed a successful alignment page I even got a congratulatory page saying I had successfully installed the printer But the other problems persist My operating system is XP Before I completely quot lose it quot I ll be gratefuil for any solutions anyone might have Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Printer will not print properly

Point the finger now at the windows spooler, did you try swapping cords from different printers (usb not power), this is definetly in windows if you have replaced the printer, cord, and reinstalled drivers. Did you buy the same printer twice? Not sure how you would fix the spooler service but the repair from windows CD might help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-will-not-print-properly.821821/
Relevancy 46.44%

I hava an HP OfficeJet G85 printer on a Windows XP PC which has worked fine over the last 3 years but over the last few months seems to fail to print every now and again. It can print a document OK then 5 minutes later if I ask it to print somethign else I get nothing but a Fialed to Print MEssage- yet I can then plug it into another PC and it's fine so ruled out cable/printer issue. ANy thoughts on this... ANy known spyware/virus that could be affecting this sort of action. Real frustrated on this and need the help of you guys out there...

A:HP printer sometimes fails to print on 1 PC but does on another

You may have ruled out a cable/printer issue, but have not ruled out a PLUG issue on the PC with the problem. Just a thought.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-printer-sometimes-fails-to-print-on-1-pc-but-does-on-another.319920/