Windows Support Forum

Viewing Microsoft windows network

Q: Viewing Microsoft windows network

I am connected to a network domain. When I go to My network places>Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network>Domain I can see all networked computers when I am wired in but when I connect wirelessly I cannot. I use a "Wireless access point" connected to my firewall router. I have tried disabling the wireless firewall and assigning a static IP. I am logged into the domain but the only way to can view the other computers on the network is to connect through a wired connection. I'm thinking it has to be a setting in my Wireless router but I cannot figure it out.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Viewing Microsoft windows network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Viewing Microsoft windows network

Hi

when you connect via the wire, and via wireless is the ip address,subnet and default gateway in the same range ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/viewing-microsoft-windows-network.131090/
Relevancy 49.88%

hello

when i view shared calendars in outlook, i can see my co-workers appts

however, if i go to plan a meeting, and try to add other attendees, there
are no personal address books to choose from (i don't think we use
inter-office mail)

how can i view the free/busy time for my co-workers through the plan a
meeting option? (i can see their free/busy times if i just click on each day
of the calendar to see if they are busy that day but it's cumbersome)

i use thunderbird for my emails between co-workers (they use outlook)

thanks for your help

chris

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I have an iMac G5 and I want to be able to look at the same webpages (at the same time) as a person on a Windows PC in another room. Is this possible?

Relevancy 48.59%

I guess I need to explain today my teacher was abusing his network administrator privileges by using some program that allowed him to see what I had on This Odd network viewing an is one: Anti my computer screen on his computer He also has the power to stop all of my input like my mouse and almost all of the keyboard shortcuts I know At first I was impressed by this but then I said to him I ll bet you I can beat it He laughed and said This is an Odd one: Anti network viewing have fun with that so here I am First I need to know what this program is called because I d like to get one for my home network and Second is there any software out there that can block him from doing this again I already know about unplugging the CAT network cable but that screws A LOT OF STUFF up because we run almost everything through the network Oh and don t worry about if I need Admin privileges or not we figured out how to do that years ago nbsp

A:This is an Odd one: Anti network viewing

Getting access to the TCP/network traffic is one thing but seeing the screen and
controlling/watching the mouse is another. Yes there are programs like this but
the better ones cooperate with the user, not fight or 'spy upon' him/her.

Techspot does not condon or support these activities while your teacher has the
need and authority to perform as he/she wishes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-is-an-odd-one-anti-network-viewing.89380/
Relevancy 48.59%

When I click 'show characters' when viewing my network security key on my wifi connection, the security key is completely different to the one i originally added and is set on my router.

This isn't causing any problems, its set to auto connect and does so fine, and still does if I re type in the original key. I was just wondering why this is happening?

A:WEP network security key changes when viewing

wasn't set properly re run configuration to set your actual key if not anyone can connect

I found this the hard way I set key and password and to my suprise it was open connection for all

Had to go through it again and cut -off the freeloaders

After re configuring my router and code it took place and i can see the network under the name i made

If you dont correct it soon you will be open to anything

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/210110-wep-network-security-key-changes-when-viewing.html
Relevancy 48.59%

We operate in a Windows 2003 Domain. We have over 200 workstations with twelve different locations. Each location is on a different subnet. (192.168.25.0, 192.168.10.0, etc.) EX. When I am using a server in our data farm, which is its own location and I am looking in My Network Places> Entire Network> It only shows the computers in that location. Same with all of my other locations, it only shows local computers. We have various models of netscreen firewalls. My question is, What are the specific ports that I need to enable between locations so that each office can see each other in the Entire Network. So When I am browsing our Data Farm in Nashville and I select Entire Network, I want to be able to see all of my computers in Florida offices and Alabama offices, and our other offices. Thanks for anyones help.

Relevancy 48.59%

I am having problems viewing any computers on my workgroup. I'm in a work environment working off of a workgroup. No pc's are able to even ping my computer. When I go to network and sharing, the network discovery is set to on. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any information would be helpful. My network has about 80 pcs on it ranging from windows 2000 to Vista. I am the only one who has windows 7.

Thanks so much!
ITGIRL

A:Problems viewing pcs on network

Does your company have an IT department? If so, have they reviewed any of the tutorials on how to configure Windows 7 to network with older operating systems?

How to make Windows 7 work with older Windows versions for networking and file sharing.

Sharing a printer on Windows 7 Vista XP network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/39956-problems-viewing-pcs-network.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have 4 computers on a network. One of these machine has weather instrumentation connected to it through a serial port. My question is, how can I monitor the live data on the other machines?

Thanks,
Steve

Relevancy 48.59%

I need some help. I was using a router for my network. I out grew my 4 port router so I connected a switch to the router and now I am unable to view my workgroup computers.
Here is the set up. Internet into router (wan port) then I have a single connection running from the router to the switch and then I have all of my computers plugged into the switch. No computers are hooked up to the router anymore. Why am I not able to see my workgroup computers? I am able to search for them and it will list their shared files but I cannot use My Network Places to view the shared documents. Please email me with any question or answers.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 48.59%

I'm preparing to set up my XBox to my W/LAN using a spare Belkin F5D7230-4 as an access point connecting to the Linksys WRT54G. The set-up will be something like this:

Cable - Cable Modem - WRT54G - PC

Laptop with built-in Wireless----

Xbox - Belkin F5D----

Belkin have supplied me with instructions on setting up the router as an access point, and mentioned needing to set it to an IP in the Linksys' Range.

Now, the Linksys defaults to 192.168.1.1, so can I set the Belkin to 192.168.1.254, or any 192.168.1.X?

Also, how can I see all the devices connecting to the network on one machine? For example, would I use the PC to see and identify the network devices: Router, Laptop, Belkin, etc., or would I use the Linksys' interface?

Thanks for any help, guys.

A:Viewing Network Items

You can log into the Linksys, and look at the DHCP logs. It will show you all of the active DHCP Leases. It won't show up any static IPs. You can try something like "[email protected] Network Monitor". I googled it, and it looks like it will scan you LAN for nodes.

Jim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-network-items.491493/
Relevancy 48.59%

When connected by way of wireless connection to online internet at times a notification from McAfee will pop up and alert me of a connection activity When I receive a notification that concerns a connection activity the notification message Begins with an I in circle Icon then states is on line so no IP address or Computer Name is given Then when I access the Network Map from that pop up I see several devices onor off line I can not know which device is the one that connected I only know that it is not me who has caused Hackers Viewing Map Network ID to the security notifcation How can that be How can I enable a reliable security if the program can not tell me which device or computer came on line and when I realize after speaking to a McAfee technician that they would investigate hackers etc for a one time fee etc but what's the story here I mean is that it I am about to do some process of elimination as I use an extension to connect the router and two other computer users are in the house but there names are titled into the connection Viewing Network Map to ID Hackers icons on the Network Map but there are still to or three connection that are only identifiable by the IP addresses and there is no other determining information such as the time it connected

A:Viewing Network Map to ID Hackers

I now have identified 5 of 7, with this Verizon Security Suite Multi Device Powered  by McAfee,
in the program Network Map, . . I marked the un-identified ones as Intruders, 

What happens now ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552087/viewing-network-map-to-id-hackers/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am using Windows XP OS service pack 2. I am also sharing a network with an iMac via a TRENDnet router and "Airport". When clicking on >Start>My network places, the window sometimes opens up and sometimes it does not; the hourglass does not appear and the cursor arrow just remains as is. I know the network places are there because I can connect.

Is there something in my setup which can be causing this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

herc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-my-network-places.687492/
Relevancy 48.59%

I just switched computers, upgraded from XP to W7. I had "Linksys Easylink" on my only computer, but can't seem to find the disk. It brought up a diagram of network status, showing my Wii, WRT54G, Computer, & Phone adapter. Is there "somewhere" in W7 that brings up devices connected to the router? All I get is this:

A:Viewing Network devices

You can click on see full map to know the devices connected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/96648-viewing-network-devices.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a network at the office that has 15 computers on it all running Windows 7. Everything has been working fine but I have something very strange happening right now.

I am putting a new computer online and when I go to the network window only 7 of the computers show up and unfortunately the file server isn't one of them so I can't establish a connection to the shared files. All the othe computers in the network are showing the same thing in the network window. Since they already had maps to the shared folder they are still able to access files through that mapping.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380583-viewing-network-computers.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have 3 computers, 2 of the computers can see the other computes in both the network and home group, my computer that I created the homegroup on can see all, but cannot see all 2 computer only 2
I have checked setting and all are set the same, I have tried disabling both the anti-virus and firewall still can not see the computrer

A:network viewing problem

Try this and see if it works. How can I share any files on my network ?
Also, try this, run command prompt in admin mode,
sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36953-network-viewing-problem.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have 4 PCs networked using the MS Windows Network. I have one bad actor PC call it "PatrickSilver". When I try to access folder from another PC, I get
\\PatrickSilver\My Documents is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Access is denied

I am the system admin for my home network ... I can access all other PCs from PatrickSilver ... I just can't grant access to the files on "PatrickSilver" ... My main PC is running XP Professional ... PatrickSilver is running Win 2000 professional

Of course, I can see the PatrickSilver is on the network ... just can't get access.

Help!!!

Of course, I have set up all 4 PCs ... so I thought the same way ... I'm stumped

Jerry

Relevancy 48.16%

in XP explorer, press Network, then Microsoft Windows Network and you get the workgroups
eg: Sales [3 computers] Research [2 computers] Boss [2 computers]

But when you press Network in Win 7 there is no display of the workgroups , just a bunch of computers.

Is there a way to change Win 7 to the XP functionality? Or A 3rd party program to do this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400690-microsoft-windows-network-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently decided it would be cool to be able to see a list of all the devices that are connected to my wireless internet Problem is I cannot for the life of me figure out how I've read that most routers modems have a way of showing you this but a my devices Viewing wifi network my on modem is really old and I don't know if it supports this and b I think the modem has a way to attach a special router to it but I have a completely separate router connected to it So while wifi works fine all the Viewing devices on my wifi network wireless setting on the modem are greyed out because it doesn't think I have any routers attached to it So maybe there's a way to view it under those settings and I can't because it's all greyed out My modem is an Actiontec M and I'm not really sure what the router is If someone can tell me how to see devices AND THEIR NAMES not just IP MAC addresses from that router that'd be great But what I'm really looking for is a program I can run on my computer to show me all the devices I've tried net view in cmd but that only gives me computers on the network and not devices like iPhones or iPod Touches I know McAfee Security Center has a Network View or something that does a pretty good job of at least showing all the IP addresses but a I'm trying out some different free AV Firewalls since McAfee is too resource-heavy and that's not at my disposal at the moment b it only shows IP address not device names very important to me and c I really want a standalone program to do this with Any help would be great Programs for Vista or are what I need not XP I say that because I did find one that might potentially work called SuperScan but it only works on XP Thanks

A:Viewing devices on my wifi network

Edit: I found Wireless Network Watcher - Show who is connected to your wireless network and it's almost what I'm looking for. Simple, small, no hassle. But it still doesn't show the device names of things like my iPod.

I'm fairly certain that it should be possible to see its name because a while back, my school sent out warnings to everyone that was connecting to their wifi saying that we had to stop because almost all the students were using it and it couldn't handle all that traffic. (A little while later they got smart and put a password on it) But I asked one of the people in charge how they knew who was on it, and they told me that most of the devices (including my iPod) had a device name that somehow identified the owner (In my case my iPod's device name was my full name so that was pretty obvious). So I'm sure there's got to be a way that I can see that info on my home network as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/293524-viewing-devices-my-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello all I assume this is the right not Network In Places...or Viewing JPEG's place for this question I ve looked around and can t see any mention of this problem Basically I have a web site which I access using Network Places with Windows Viewing JPEG's In Network Places...or not XP SERVICE PACK On this pc just to muddy the water I can click on a jpeg in a folder in Network places and it opens in IE so I can see if it s what I want to use and I can copy the address etc It cannot be viewed as a thumbnail in Network places when given the chose of for instance thumbnails tiles icons etc Not a problem at this time However I have a friend with a similar set up and he cannot view jpegs while in Network places He gets whatever program he has set to view jpegs opening but with the message file cannot be viewed I have tried changing his default jpeg viewer to anything and everything he has on the pc with no success Network places does not give the user a choice to open with as in regular folder view so how can I get the jpegs to open while in network places I have spent days surfing the net and Viewing JPEG's In Network Places...or not microsoft sites trying to find out how to set a default IE view of jpegs in Network places and there is no answer that I can find anywhere If anyone on here can answer this question which has been bugging us for years now you will be able to sell the answer and retire there s a lot on the net with this same trouble IE does not appear to be the issue as I have had all versions since IE with the same problem I also had this problem on an older PC after initially finding I could open jpegs in network places and then for some reason one day it stopped doing it I am planning to get an answer before this pc does the same I am guessing if I were to remove all jpeg programs that can view pictures from the pc in questiion then Network places would revert to IE to open a jpeg But that s hardley practical and just a guess as I say I have posted questions on this site in the past and had great help to resolve unrelated issues and have told this friend I ll get the answer here for sure Thanks to all and anyone that can solve this enigma Fingers crossed in anticipation

A:Viewing JPEG's In Network Places...or not

Hi .

Well...I don't understand why a .jpeg or .jpg file...should be expected to open with IE, regardless of file location on a networked system.

I have a home network, I can view any file on my other system. If I open said file, the default program for opening it (assuming that my file settings are proper) will open it.

I don't believe that a graphics file of any sort...should have IE set as the default view/open choice. IE should be the choice for viewing .htm, etc. files...files which relate to Internet connection.

A graphics program of some kind should be the default program to view graphics images.

I guess that I don't understand what is going on with either system.

FWIW: I just connected to an .mpg file on my other system and double-clicked it. I was greeted with the "access denied" message indicating that I needed to designate a program to open said file. I selected WMP and the file opened, as it should have (WMP is my default program for viewing/opening .mpg files).

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/207720/viewing-jpegs-in-network-placesor-not/
Relevancy 48.16%

i recently networked my computers (home and work)using tcp/ip protocol. i tried to connect my home computer to work computer; i got connected - the little icon connection shows connected. my question is "how can i view my work computer files? so i can access them. thanks

A:viewing files on network computers

What OS are you using and did you set up as a PPTP? How far away are the computers? Same building or different city???

[This message has been edited by Doolies (edited 11-22-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-files-on-network-computers.29452/
Relevancy 48.16%

I m not sure if this is the forum for it but here goes I am still connections Viewing Wireless Network pretty dense Viewing Wireless Network connections with networking and only know enough to make things work for the moment but I am learning My question is when i set up a wireless router network and you can take any old laptop with wireless builtin and find the network and logon before having the proper security measures enabled how can I - from the main PC - tell who is connected via wireless to my network I have been in the process of setting up security measures and for jollys wanted Viewing Wireless Network connections to see if I could see my test laptop when it was connected and couldn t see it I can see the hardwired PCs but they are already part of the established work group I was trying to simulate seeing an outside PC that gained wireless access to the network I am cornfused but then I am much of the time - Castleheart nbsp

A:Viewing Wireless Network connections

I have a menu in my router called 'Attacjed devices'. What router do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-wireless-network-connections.535901/
Relevancy 48.16%

HELP I am having trouble with two computers on my network Both computers are showing similar symptoms I am in a small office with computer stations and two of the computers can t see the shared folders printers on the network However I am able to ping all of the computers from each station using the IP address as well as the computer name All computers are running Windows XP all four computers are connected through a Linksys router all Windows and McAfee firewalls are turned off no other firewalls are present except on the router all computers can access the internet that is connecting through the router and all stations Problems Solved: The Network Viewing are in the same work group One of the weirder symptoms is that we are able to access files over the network if we launch them through the appropriate program but we are unable to navigate to the same file using Windows Explorer We are also able to search for a computer through the Windows search feature and all the shared folders printers are visible Also similar to being able to open a file through a program Solved: Problems Viewing The Network but not through Windows Explorer we are able to print to shared printers through a program but we can t find them through the Printers and Faxes in the Control Panel Because of this we are unable to add any new network printers All of this is very confusing because it seems that the two problematic computers started this at the same time and have the same symptoms The other two computers don t seem to have any trouble but they still can t see the shared folders printers on the two problematic computers I have made sure that all computers on the network have a different name that can be changed in the Control Panel gt System gt Computer Name I feel like I have tried so many different ideas I am just going to leave it at that Please let me know if you have any suggestions I am at my witt s end Thank you Wade nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

When I'm networked to my laptop and I go to view, copy or open a file on the laptop from my desktop pc, it freezes for about 20 second before opening. It only does this every 3 or 4 attempts and not every time but when It happens it will lock up and i get the egg timer as if it's waiting for something to happen.

However this ony happens one way. When I view or open files on my desktop pc from the laptop I don't get this problem. Thing is I don't know what's causing it or which machine is at fault but I suspect it's the desktop pc because I'm also getting long delays when opening Internet Explorer window and the Network Icon in the system tray is showing no activity for about 20 seconds.

Can anyone shed a bit of light on this for me?

A:PC Freezes when viewing/copying network files

Fix for slow network browsing, Stop Browsing Scheduled Tasks.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type regedit in the text box and click the OK button.

Once the Registry Editor has loaded, expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key.
Next, expand Software and Microsoft, then Windows and expand that as well.

You will want to be editing the main system files, so expand CurrentVersion, then Explorer key.

Next, you will want to modify the remote computer settings, so expand the RemoteComputer key and then expand the NameSpace key to show all of the features that are enabled when you browse to a remote computer.

In the NameSpace folder you will find two entries. One is "{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}" which tells Explorer to show printers shared on the remote machine. The other, "{D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}," tells Explorer to show remote scheduled tasks. This is the one that you should delete. This will prevent the system from browsing the scheduled tasks on the remote computer which seems to take forever for some strange reason.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-freezes-when-viewing-copying-network-files.692150/
Relevancy 47.3%

I m running Windows Home Premium on the three Preventing folders others viewing from shared network on my machines I have at home All three Preventing others on network from viewing my shared folders are connected to the same network I would like to share files between two of the machines so I created a homegroup and added only these two machines For the folders I would like to share between the two I changed the folder s sharing permission from Everyone to Homegroup What I have noticed is the third machine that is not part of this homegroup it is owned by a student who is temporarily renting a room in our house is still able to view the other machines from within windows explorer and even double click on them to get a listing of folders that are being shared Granted when they try to open any of these folders they get a message saying they do not have the required permission Ideally I would like to have the homegroup machines only visible in explorer to users who are part of the homegroup Likewise any user not in the homegroup would not be able to see the other machines in explorer Is this setup possible

A:Preventing others on network from viewing my shared folders

It sounds to me like you do not want this student to be a part of your regular network at all.

Some routers "like mine" have a guest zone for a wireless connection that is outside your normal network. That would prevent them from seeing those folders. The set up and options for routers is different so it's difficult to give exact directions for this.

For a wired connection you may be able to set up a static IP address outside the normal range of your regular network for them to connect too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/222626-preventing-others-network-viewing-my-shared-folders.html
Relevancy 47.3%

is there a way of viewing which computers are connected to a wireless network at any one time?
without logging into router settings?

A:Viewing which computers are connected on my wireless network

A free program like Angry IP Scanner can give you a list of connected computers for a given block of IP addresses. It does not separate wired vs. wireless connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-which-computers-are-connected-on-my-wireless-network.621246/
Relevancy 47.3%

I was at a buddies house with my laptop, connected to his wireless internet connection and connected to his file sharing network. But whenever we tried to view other computer's shared files on the network the whole network would lose internet connection for a few moments and then would come back once we stopped viewing other computer's files.

I have no idea what would cause this or how to fix it. If anyone has any idea's it would be greatly appreciated because I will be moving here at the end of this month and would like to get this problem out of the way now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lose-internet-connection-when-viewing-network.886235/
Relevancy 47.3%

Specs are Bell Sympatico DSL Modem DI- Router Router goes to two switches SMC -port amp D-Link Gigabit -port SMC to computers plus another small switch with computers on it -port goes to three other switches throughout the complex less than foot runs In total about - computers behind the router including a file server that handles the DHCP work Computers are running web browsers I E email Outlook and Outlook Express Logmein software Hamachi software on computer only up to clients coming into it for anti-virus updates control a few MSN messengers for I T admins on offsite communications a couple streaming radio links FTP links minimum of but up to could be running at one time resets when Network DI-604 website Business - viewing Now I know you are going to say you need a bigger router but until the below problem started the D-Link was handling everything quite well It started about - months ago and we have been playing with it ever since trying different things but we keep coming up with the same results The would just reset sometimes a couple Business Network - DI-604 resets when viewing website of times per minute period depending upon what is going on sometimes every other day At first we thought ISP so after a couple of months fighting with them we switch to Bell and it was still happening ended up cheaper too for more bandwidth Found out one day that I could almost trigger it at times by going to weathernetwork com or a couple of other sites BestBuy Canadiantire Home Depot etc and doing some quick searchs through their products The router would reset as we would lose all links to the internet and then it would start working again Depending upon the website we could leave it for a couple of hours and all would be fine but it may reset the router when visited the next time The router is on the most recent version of software and it has been unplugged along with the DSL modem and plugged back in starting with the modem and then the router then plugged the rest of the network back in once they are both up and running numerous times over the months DSL light stays lit when all of the problems are happening so I would think there is nothing wrong with the ISP side of things I have tried various levels of MTU s on it as well including but still have problems One of the admins has a Netgear router FVS G that I set up and tried but it had the same problem it would reset as well at times Actually had it working for close to days once but then all hell broke loose Switched back to the and had close to a week and a half of problem free running Then it started resetting again Sometimes it is only once per day other times it is quite often during the day Logs don t show nothing other then some dropped TCP packets from WAN My biggest question is what would reset the router by just visiting a website like weathernetwork com or one of the other sites and doing a search on it I am looking at a bigger router just not sure how big I want to go at this point Been reviewing the Linksys Cisco RV and RV along with the Cisco ASA and so far I would like to keep the control in house as none of the admins have Cisco training or knowledge on their programming hence looking at the RV and the We could set them up ourselves and keep the control ours incase of problems we can get it figured out without costing us more money We try to keep things simple and control things ourselves Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as we are at the end of our knowledge base and well Google is not coming up with any good answers either Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a server computer running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard operating system with 4 client computers connected to the network running Windows 7 Professional operating system. All worked great yesterday. This morning, one of the client computers encountered this error:

An error occurred while reconnecting F: to \\SERVER\Data
Microsoft Windows Network: The user name could not be found. This connection has not been restored.

No updates or changes have occured between yesterday and today and the three other client computers have no similar problems. Just this one client has the error. Any suggestions on what to do?

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a mixture of domain and workgroup computers on the network and wan to have them all visible in Microsfot Windows Network My Network Place Group - Machine amp Machine are on workgroupA with its not Computer Microsoft in visible Windows Network own subnet and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are on the domain and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are also on the domain however on a different subnet and it too can see each other fine If I am on Machine it only sees Machine When I am on Machine it can not see Machine or however it can see Machine The same goes for Machine can t see any other machine except Machine even though its on the domain I have a WINS server in place in Group and it WINS see all the machines as Active Registrations But when I go into My Network Places on the WINS server it only sees machines in Group which are Machine amp Machine DNS entries are setup correctly with correct hostname and IP so I m lost as to what is happening here Sorry of this sounds confusing nbsp

A:Computer not visible in Microsoft Windows Network

My understanding is that

a given system(A) may be attached to a domain OR
unattached and accessed in a workgroup; mutually exclusive.
That says your request is not possible

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-visible-in-microsoft-windows-network.181851/
Relevancy 47.3%

First of all, i tried to install ArcGIS 10 trial on my pc and it says i need to have microsoft frame network 3.5 to install it. So after a quick search on the web, i found out that version 3.5 comes as OS component in windows 7. So why dont i have it??? i have windows 7 ultimate x32. A quick check on my windows update history says that i DO have network 3.5 installed BUT when i go to installed updates the list is E-M-P-T-Y.
Here are some screenshots that explain what i am saying:
1)http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/updatesvtry.jpg/
2) http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/updates2t.jpg/

SO all i need is a way to install framework 3.5 on windows 7 so that i can install ArcGIS

thanks in advance

A:Microsoft frame network 3.5 problem on windows 7

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is integrated into the Windows 7 operating system and will not appear in Control Panel - Programs And Features.

The system requirements do say Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is required(which your computer has), so I don't know why you're having trouble installing it.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-frame-network-3-5-problem-on-windows-7.1030845/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am haveing trouble viewing files that I share among my computer network, I was shareing a couple of files on it the network.When I went to My Network Places last night to access one of them all the files appeared then disappeared off of my other computer.
All of my computers have Windows XP sp2

Computer 1
Sony Viao desktop

Computer 2
HP desktop

Computer 3
Gateway laptop

Relevancy 46.87%

Whenever I select my wireless adapter right click and choose quot Properties quot the properties window freezes and results Viewing freezing. properties network adapter a in along with Viewing a network adapter properties results in freezing. it the explorer Viewing a network adapter properties results in freezing. window Some time ago I had disabled a bunch of services some of which were related to networking I had done so because they were causing intensive CPU use problems while they were being loaded I realize now I should of set them to manual and I have set as many as I can remember to manual but the problem still exist Is there something else I could try to undo this problem and aside from this everything else works fine with no internet or network problems nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by vpwin Name --Description ----Status ------Startup Type --------Log On As ActiveX Installer AxInstSV --Provides User Account Control validation for the installation of ActiveX controls from the Internet and enables management of ActiveX control installation based on Group Policy settings This service is started on demand and if disabled the installation of ActiveX controls will behave according to default browser settings ------Manual --------Local System Adaptive Brightness --Monitors ambient light sensors to detect changes in ambient light and adjust the display brightness If this service is stopped or disabled the display brightness will not adapt to lighting conditions ------Manual --------Local Service Adobe LM Service --AdobeLM Service ------Manual --------Local System Akamai NetSession Interface --Provides networking protocol and file transfer technologies If the service is stopped those applications that depend on the service may fail to transfer files or otherwise function properly ----Started ------Automatic --------Local System Apple Mobile Device --Provides the interface to Apple mobile devices ----Started ------Automatic --------Local System Application Experience --Processes application compatibility cache requests for applications as they are launched ----Started ------Manual --------Local System Application Identity --Determines and verifies the identity of an application Disabling this service will prevent AppLocker from being enforced ------Manual --------Local Service Application Information --Facilitates the running of interactive applications with additional administrative privileges If this service is stopped users will be unable to launch applications with the additional administrative privileges they may require to perform desired user tasks ----Started ------Manual --------Local System Application Layer Gateway Service --Provides support for rd party protocol plug-ins for Internet Connection Sharing ----Started ------Manual --------Local Service avast Antivirus --Manages and implements avast antivirus services for this computer This includes the resident protection the virus chest and the scheduler ----Started ------Automatic --------Local System Background Intelligent Transfer Service --Transfers files in the background using idle network bandwidth If the service is disabled then any applications that depend on BITS such as Windows Update or MSN Explorer will be unable to automatically download programs and other information ----Started ------Manual --------Local System Base Filtering Engine --The Base Filtering Engine BFE is a service that manages firewall and Internet Protocol security IPsec policies and implements user mode filtering Stopping or disabling the BFE service will significantly reduce the security of the system It will also result in unpredictable behavior in IPsec management and firewall applications ----Started ------Automatic --------Local Service BitLocker Drive Encryption Service --BDESVC hosts the BitLocker Drive Encryption service BitLocker Drive Encryption provides secure startup for the operating system as well as full volume encryption for OS fixed or removable volumes This service... Read more

A:Viewing a network adapter properties results in freezing.

Can you share with us your list of services, and if they are enabled/manual/disabled or whatever. We may notice one more that might need to be enabled.

Once that's ruled out we can look at other causes? Any suggestions any1?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/91559-viewing-network-adapter-properties-results-freezing.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,
This is a strange one. I have an Acer netbook, Win7 Starter, which will access the internet fine, and which will view share folders on the LAN fine. But if I open up a share folder and view its contents in explorer, the machine will freeze within ten seconds.

Using ethernet, there is no problem.

I've updated drivers. Acer only had version 14, but the Intel site had version 16. This is an Intel N 100 wifi card.

I also swapped cards from another same model Acer, with no change.

The card's settings seem fine. File sharing is turned on on both machines. I'm not even framing the why's of this problem very well at this point.

A:Viewing network share over wifi freezes laptop

Hi there,

How big is the file that you are trying to transfer using Wi-Fi connection? Have you tried a smaller file?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/312365-viewing-network-share-over-wifi-freezes-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am setting up a ubuntu server on an old box.
I need to clear my login credentials frequently to log into the same share with a different username/password.
After I have opened a network share i'll open a console and use the net view command to clear out my session.
When I open up the network view and attempt to re-open the previous network share, windows 7 will blue screen and reboot before I can see what it says. The error states something about hardware.
I have looked for the memory.dmp file but I don't think it is being written.

This sounds like a unique or new problem. Does anybody have an idea of what is going on?

A:blue screen crash when viewing network folders

Have you checked for updated drivers for your network hardware?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-crash-when-viewing-network-folders.909242/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have 2 computers, one running Windows 7 and one running Windows XP (named "A31"). They are hooked up to the same router. I can ping each from the other using the command line. The workgroups are both set to MSHOME.

In Windows Explorer on the XP computer, I click on My Network Places>Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network and there's nothing there. Even if it isn't connecting to other computers on the network, its own computer name (A31) should be listed there, right?

I can't connect to either computer from the other to share files and I've been googling around for a while and I can't find anything to help me.

A:XP computer not visible under "Microsoft Windows Network" and workgroup

Figured it out...

Network connections - right-click on the connection
Properties>General
Make sure Client for Microsoft Networks and File and Printer sharing for Microsoft networks are checked

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616745/xp-computer-not-visible-under-microsoft-windows-network-and-workgroup/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have two Windows 7 computers and one XP machine on a wireless network. Two machines can see the others but one running Windows 7 can't see the other two. While trying to find out why, I noticed that whenever trying to view the network status on the problem machine, it knocks out the internet for everything. The computer that is causing trouble is wired directly to the router. Help?

A:Solved: Internet connection is dropped when viewing network status.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-is-dropped-when-viewing-network-status.939546/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I need to find out which process on my system is using a ton of bandwidth, does anyone know of a free utility that will provide this information? I couldn't find anything using Google.

TIA,

D.

Relevancy 46.44%

I have some network folders with and files It's very slow opening those folders just to see the files anywhere contents Win7 of large viewing slow network folders very from - sec I've read lots of google articles and even several from this forum Many articles are several years old so I'm not sure how relevent I've customized the folders in Win for general items and checked quot also apply this template to subfolders quot I went to power options and chose Win7 very slow viewing contents of large network folders advanced and changed the setting quot turn off HD after min to min hours I've disabled sleep mode I have indexing off for all my HD's because this is an audio recording computer and I Win7 very slow viewing contents of large network folders try to stop as many Windows background tasks from operating in the background If turning indexing back on will solve this problem then I'd try it As soon as I boot up into Win and try to access those network folders I get this long delay yet if I try to access local win folders they open up right away and have files So my problem is with the network I have XP network computers wired and the latest updated Win Is there a solution

A:Win7 very slow viewing contents of large network folders

Age old problem but with many possible solutions, many of those solutions are mentioned in the following link.

It could also be that updating the routers firmware or using a different router could fix the problem as is described in the link but there are quite a few other possible causes and solutions in the link.

Extremely slow file transfers and network access...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/320530-win7-very-slow-viewing-contents-large-network-folders.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Just joined the forum so I have installed on Viewing a remotely. Ent. network remote printers Win7 this is the correct subforum for my question Here goes Back during the XP days in a domain setting you could browse to a remote computer and view what printers were installed on that machine local printers via usb etc AND printers who's queue reside on a print server I cannot do that in a Windows environment Win clients Win R print server Turned off the firewall on the clients and server Put Viewing installed network printers on a remote Win7 Ent. remotely. test machines and print server in an OU that doesn't get any Group Policy Turned on Network Discovery Turned on file print sharing Turned on public folder sharing there's no antivirus rd party firewall etc in place On my test machine I installed a printer printserver testprinter On my work machine I browsed to my test machine by opening Windows Explorer testmachine Click on 'View remote printer' I can see the default local printers Fax Microsoft XPS Doc Writer etc but I do NOT see the printer I installed who's queue is on the print server I've been googling and testing this all day Is there something I'm missing here Cheers

A:Viewing installed network printers on a remote Win7 Ent. remotely.

What does net view \\testmachine from a Command Prompt show you?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199963-viewing-installed-network-printers-remote-win7-ent-remotely.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have some network folders with and files It's slow network of Win7 viewing very contents large folders very slow opening those folders just to see the files anywhere from - sec I've read lots of google articles and even several from this forum Many articles are several years old so I'm not sure how relevent I've customized the folders in Win for general items and checked quot also apply this template to subfolders quot I went to power options and chose advanced and changed the Win7 very slow viewing contents of large network folders setting quot turn off HD after min to min hours I've disabled sleep mode I have indexing off for all my HD's because this is an audio recording computer and I try to stop as many Windows background tasks from operating in the background If turning indexing back on will solve this problem then I'd try it As soon as I boot up into Windows and try to access those network folders I get this long delay yet if I try to access local Windows Win7 very slow viewing contents of large network folders folders they open up right away and have files So my problem is with Win7 very slow viewing contents of large network folders the network I have XP network computers wired and the latest updated Win Is there a solution

A:Win7 very slow viewing contents of large network folders

How fast is the network?

Practically speaking I think your solution is to break the network folders into subfolders with fewer files each. Or get faster network hardware.

Edit: depending on file type another way to speed up would be to disable thumbnails and use Details View.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/320632-win7-very-slow-viewing-contents-large-network-folders.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I tried downloading some software yesterday and ended up downloading a zip file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Network\Dsq\network\sysne Malware twk.exe After i C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Network\Dsq\network\sysne twk.exe Malware extracted it my Antivirus immediately detected it as malware and moved it to the chest I immediately deleted the downloaded file but the damage had already been done C ProgramData Microsoft Network Dsq network sysnetwk exe There is a suspicious file created in the above said path which is constantly been detected by my Antivirus software I tried manually deleting the files but it pops back again after I close and open the file location I read some of your earlier replies to these kind of problems and tried removing But I was not successful in removing the malware So here I have attached the FRST Logs for your reference I have also downloaded the Zemana Antimalware suggested by you and scanned my PC It detected many proxy settings and a few other files also I am also uploading the Zemana Antimalware Scan Log for your reference Thanking you in advance for your consideration Hope to get a speedy reply nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/c-programdata-microsoft-network-dsq-network-sysnetwk-exe-malware.64458/
Relevancy 43.43%

hello sir,
i need your help too,
i got the same problem,,
i use windows 10 pro
would you like to help me too? please,,
thanks before

https://malwaretips.com/threads/c-programdata-microsoft-network-dsq-network-sysnetwk-exe-malware.65578/
Relevancy 41.28%

Have a problem absolutely none of the local experts can help me with. On my PC running XP, if I have multiple windows open at once and the cursor/pointer happens to touch one of the windows in the background it immediatly brings it to the forefront. This used to only happen if I actually clicked on one of the background windows, but now just merely passing over it with the pointer brings it to the front. HELP, annoying as you imagine it is.Mod Edit: Duplicate topics have been merged into this one. Duplicate post was removed. ~tg

A:Viewing Windows

Seems like we've had this one before, or one like it, but I'm not coming up with much. Have you tried a different mouse? It seems reasonable that there may be a wiring short at the mouse end that simulates clicking when you move the mouse. Are you using any software like Intellimouse? Go to Mouse in the Control Panel and make sure you don't have Quicklock enabled, and check your double-clicking speed. Try changing the speed a bit slower or faster and see if the problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51205/viewing-windows/
Relevancy 41.28%

I received a dvd that I am interesting watching and was advsd that I may need to install software to do this, my gateway computer component sheet indicates that there is a toshiba dvd installed, is there a software program that I need to download ? any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated !!! Thank You

A:viewing my dvd on windows 98 se

If your machine has a DVD player in it preinstalled, then you should have the software for it. Windows Media Player should also be able to play it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-my-dvd-on-windows-98-se.375413/
Relevancy 40.85%

My folder for storing pictures is My pictures. However, whenever it opens up, I have to change it to viewing as thumbnails. How can I change it so that it will open as thumbnails by default please??? thanks!
I am using windows XP professional.

Relevancy 40.85%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 16 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1499 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7520G, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 453154 MB, Free - 413760 MB;
Motherboard: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., NP365E5C-S03US
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

While trying to "View Internet Explorer on the desktop" I keep getting a popup on the desktop stating
"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Is there a solution?

A:Windows 8 Viewing IE on the desktop

Have you reset your browser settings: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-viewing-ie-on-the-desktop.1088331/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,
I have a laptop running Windows 8.1 and I want to share the media on my pc to my Samsung television.
I checked all the settings several times, but the laptop is not visible on my tv.
My second laptop, running Windows 7 is visible; I can share media to my tv without problems.
Has anyone got any experience with sharing media from a Windows 8.1 pc to a samsung tv?
Kind regards,
Velzeke

A:Viewing media from a Windows 8.1 pc on tv

Not to sure on this but the link may help. The comments section in the link gives more clues on how to set this up if you are having problems.

Connect dlna enabled Samsung Smart TV with Windows 8 or Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/39870-viewing-media-windows-8-1-pc-tv.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a client I do blogging for who sent me a .jpeg image file. I can't view it on Windows 7. I've tried several different image viewers and nothing works. They all say the file is corrupted.

However, my client is on a MAC and sees the image just fine. So now she must think I'm a knucklehead.

Please help or advise if you can?

Thanks!

Relevancy 40.85%

My current operating system is WIN XP i heard about Windows vista, which has advanced multimedia capabilities, i heard if you take a normal window instead of minimizing you can view it in 3 dimensional mode, is that true. And i want to know how many Cds for windows vista. I mean for installation.

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all Long time away I seem to have a problem with the bar across the bottom of problem across of viewing bar windows btm windows I m never sure what its called Taskbar Toolbar etc etc But it is the space between the quick launch side and the right hand bottom toolbar quot Where the web pages and other open programs icons appear when open At the Moment I can only view them in a small box with just a letter in them IE for Bleeping computers web site it shows just a quot B quot for email it shows just a quot E quot quot and so on if yu follow my meaning The worst part is If I open problem viewing bar across btm of windows a series of browser windows they all stack on top of one another very hard to work out whats open and whats not anyway Guys I hope I have explained my prob properly as It has been driving me mad for agaes Thanks all Old Aussie nbsp ScreenHunter Jul gif nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

A:problem viewing bar across btm of windows

Well it looks like people in here are as dumb as me ..No one Has even the slightest idea how to fix this problem ..

Have to look elsewhere ..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/240033/problem-viewing-bar-across-btm-of-windows/
Relevancy 40.85%

I am familiar with this solution to view PDF thumbnails in Windows 7 64 bit but for some reason my new install of Windows 7 on a rip machine it will not work. After I used the installer it actually removed all the custom .iso files I set for icons on my desktop. No effect on the PDF thumbs. Any suggestions?? I really hoped it would work because I go through hundreds of PDFs for print everyday.

A:PDFs not viewing still in Windows 7 64 bit

did you have both the options check in the installer, for previews and the handler
if you still have issues with it
try this..
If you havent already, install adobe reader XI, go to edit / preferences then click the "set default handler"

then it should show thumbs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/284593-pdfs-not-viewing-still-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi there,
I am actually encountering a problem while viewing any photo on my windows 7 PC. My PC is equipped with 64 bit Windows Ultimate OS. Whenever I open any picture through windows photo viewer, an error message is displayed that :

C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer\Photoviewer.dll is not a valid Win32 application.

I even downloaded a fresh dll and replaced it with the other one, but it displayed the same error as it was before. What possible reasons could be for this problem and how can it be configured ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/photo-viewing-problems-in-windows-7.1169645/
Relevancy 40.42%

I'll try and describe this as best I can - I often have a lot of MS Word windows open at the same time, and windows seems to vary between showing me them as small preview windows or a vertical list when hovering over them in the taskbar - I only want to show them as a list, but can't see how to do this?

Any replies most welcome as all these 'mini window' previews are annoying the hell out of me!

TIA

A:Viewing Open Windows From Taskbar?

Hello DekHog,

It depends on if you want all icons to never show thumbnails preview windows and only lists, or just have it set to show a list after so many windows are open instead.

If never, then you can use one of the options that you like best in the tutorial below to do this.

Taskbar Thumbnail Previews - Enable or Disable

If only after so many windows are open to have the list, then the tutorial below can help show you how to.

Taskbar List or Thumbnail Previews Mode - Change

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/144890-viewing-open-windows-taskbar.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a huge collection of very small (8x8 to 16x16) images that I need to look through. It would be nice if I could see each picture zoomed in to a larger size, since it is hard to make out the detail with the naked eye. However, when I try to zoom in using Windows Explorer, the displayed size of the images doesn't change at all, only the space between them. If I open the image with Windows Photo Viewer, which came with my computer, I can zoom in and out using the mouse wheel. However, the moment I move to the next or previous image, the zoom reverts back to the normal setting, forcing me to zoom in again. This quickly becomes unbearably tedious for thousands of images, and I was wondering if there's a better way to let me see the zoomed in images.

A:Viewing very small images using Windows

Would magnifier be of use?

If you have a Start burtton, click Start, type mag then click on magnifier at top left.
If using Start screen, type mag then press Enter.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56896-viewing-very-small-images-using-windows.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have the windows xps2 system that was tampered with by a hacker in the midst of a new antiviral update process....

I am able to use my system, but somehow this person was able to screw up access to all of my system enhancement files.....degfrag...clean...etc.etc.
I now use the EZ sofware but what good is it if I am having problems accessing the internet???

I have IE 6( the Latest) but I have to continually restart my local connection just to be able to browse my web pages????
My internet is working great, but I am only allowed to view with the browser for short periods of time before the error page(page cannot be displayed) shows up and everything else(,msn messenger , and other internet applications) work just fine...

If this sounds like something someone can help me with ...???

Relevancy 40.42%

When I look for a file in windows 7's search, i get the file, but I don't get the file's actual location (like c:/desktop/documents/music... etc). I just get the file and it's kinda pointless if i need to search for a file every single time i need it. Someone told me that i should just click the file, then properties, then details, but that seems like needing to go too far for something simple.

this is a search result for example:

is there a way i can change the settings to produce the actual file with the location under it or something?

A:Need help with Windows 7 Search Results Viewing

Welcome to the Seven Forums
Right click on the folder/file and chose
Open folder location
Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/188305-need-help-windows-7-search-results-viewing.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have looked at many webpages and still unable to solve
this issue. Maybe someone here can help. My printer broke down but I kept the windows printer spool file (.spl) and need to view the data from it since this is all I have from the document. The spool (.spl) file has a EMF header and was created from pcl6.
I wish to view that file but all I get is garbled text if I open it with wordpad etc. Is there any program or way that I can view it because the data(only text not photos) is in that spool file(3 Megs in size) but the printer broke down and I have no way of viewing it.

I tried Ghost script and other PCL viewers with out much luck since my file is a .spl

Please help..

Thank you in advance,

Peter

A:Viewing a windows spool file (.spl)

this maybe a post that would get a good response if moved to the Hardware forum later on if need be.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-a-windows-spool-file-spl.273113/
Relevancy 40.42%

Good morning all..

How do i look at the actual images when i choose thumbnails in windows.

I used to be able to see the pictures when i chose the thumbnail options, but all i see now is the type of icon they are. for ex. the gif or jpeg icon.

I don't know if i did something or not.

Thanks.
ck

A:Viewing thumbnails in windows explorer

http://www.beemerworld.com/tips/thumbnails.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-thumbnails-in-windows-explorer.291249/
Relevancy 40.42%

I am having difficulty viewing a mixed content CD. I have a CD that has audio and video on it that I have purchased. The problem is that when I put it in my drive it only shows the audio files. I have tested this with another computer and when I put in the disk it only shows the video files. What is the work around so that I can choose what files on the disk I want to access please? I am sure it is something simple, but I just cannot figure it out.

Thanks,

Jeff

A:Viewing Mixed Content CD with Windows XP

which drive(name & type) u have.audio and video files of which format.is u refering to the autoplay feature.try right clk on drive on my computer and select"explore"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/viewing-mixed-content-cd-with-windows-xp-200143.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi. Someone restored my ipod and deleted all the info on it. Is it possible to view Windows Explorer history to see when the itunes program was accessed similar to viewing history in a browser. If I can view the history I may be able to tell who was using the computer at the time by comparing it to the browser history where i can see who loged in to their email adresses, etc.

Thanks in advance

A:Viewing Windows 7 explorer history

And what are you going to do if you find out who had this mishap ?  I know 'revenge is a dish best eaten cold' but also 'Vengeance is Mine, sayeth The Lord'

I don't think Explorer has such a history, it's purely for recent searches. I think you would be better just biting the bullet and re-installing your music, videos etc. to your iPod. Probably quicker as well !

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505301/viewing-windows-7-explorer-history/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a newborn son so I'm going crazy taking pictures on my phone and camera at the minute. I've just started using google drive to upload all my pictures so I have a backup and so our family can view them (if anyone has a better more reliable solution please let me know )

Anyway, when I view the pictures on my iphone it shows the gps information above the picture e.g "Stoke Mandeville Hospital 12 Feb 10:18" Is there any software that will do the same on Windows? If I view the image properties I can see the longitude, latitude and altitude but is there anyway to transform this into a place name like the iphone does?

I'm viewing the pictures in Windows Photo Viewer, to be honest I've never installed any other software to view images so I don't know where to begin.

Thank you for any help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-gps-place-name-on-images-in-windows.1143588/
Relevancy 40.42%

Can anyone kindly let me have step-by-step directions how to view DVDs on my laptop in Windows 8.1?If you allow me to be a little more "daring", may I ask you to send me a list of step-by-step directions, not a video, as I am hard of hearing and my memory is a little faulty, unless I view written text which I can easily copy and print for reference.The method I was using until a few months ago won't work now, I have no idea why !Am outlining the method hereunder for your guidance:-1. Right-click on the COMPUTER icon.2. Right-click on the DVD icon.3. Click OPEN4. Click on VIEW > TILES5. Open the first file in the list that now pops up with WINDOWS PHOTO VIEWER. Many thanks in advance.GUZEPPI (aged 77)

A:Viewing DVDs on laptop with Windows 8.1

I'd suggest using the free VLC Player. Just be sure not to agree to bundleware check boxes when installing. I use this as my movie player for DVD Movies on Disc as well as digital media files. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,152847.0.html
Relevancy 40.42%

My windows live messenger IM feature is update and working fine. My web cam allows others to view me. However the other person that I want to view is having problems letting me view them. Every time they send an invite for me to view their web cam, a message appears under the invite immediately that they canceled the invite..they are saying that the install of their webcam is correct, however it ask them to update to the newest version of windows live messenger..when they did this..it still didn't work and they couldn't even view themselves from their cam. Could it be a firewall problem for them of just a step they are missing? My friend is very frustrated..what advise can I give them?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-live-messenger-wont-allow-cam-viewing.121134/
Relevancy 40.42%

When I click on thumbnail view in windows explorer I don't see the pictures just the name of the file and a placeholder?

A:Viewing thumbnails in windows explorer

What OS?

See if the link to restore thumbnails on the right side of this page helps...

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

buck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-thumbnails-in-windows-explorer.294025/
Relevancy 39.99%

For work I create church bulletins on my new Win 8 laptop. When viewed on a windows 7 or xp computer, the document is too big, even though it is created with the same font. I spent hours on the phone with Microsoft and they walked me through Publisher 2013, but that didn't help. I really think it has to do with the operating system. I have tried everything. No matter what OS I create the document in, it appears fine on the screen, but when viewed in anything lower than win 8, it needs to be tweaked to fit properly. I have even tried saving the doc. in earlier versions of publisher and that doesn't work. Any advise?

Thanks,
Suzanne

A:creating in windows 8 and viewing in windows 7 problem

the document is too big for the screen? or too big for the printer and not printing correctly?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/25135-creating-windows-8-viewing-windows-7-problem.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Configuration Source nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AM Event ID nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category None Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Error Keywords nbsp nbsp nbsp User nbsp nbsp Date: Keywords: Level: User: AM 6:00:17 Category: 1/16/2016 SYSTEM Name: None Error Computer: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP ID: Log Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Event Task 411 DESK nbsp nbsp Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 1/16/2016 6:00:17 AM Event ID: 411 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESK nbsp SYSTEM Computer nbsp nbsp nbsp DESKTOP- C QOQ Description Device IDE CdRomHL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NSB LN amp c a amp amp had a problem starting Driver Name cdrom inf Class Guid d e -e - ce-bfc - be Service cdrom Lower Filters nbsp Upper Filters nbsp Problem x Problem Status xC Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 1/16/2016 6:00:17 AM Event ID: 411 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESK lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP quot Guid quot C A - - D-ABD -E C quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventID gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Configuration lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt DESKTOP- C QOQ lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot DeviceInstanceId quot gt IDE CdRomHL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NSB LN amp amp c a amp amp amp amp lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot DriverName quot gt cdrom inf lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot ClassGuid quot gt D E -E - CE-BFC - BE lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot ServiceName quot gt cdrom lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot LowerFilters quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot UpperFilters quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot Problem quot gt x lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot Status quot gt xc lt Data gt nbsp lt EventData gt lt Event gt

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ac564a06-5cb4-4869-b92b-df7d5087297e/log-name-microsoftwindowskernelpnpconfiguration-source?forum=TechNetEvents
Relevancy 39.99%

sup!

Weird problem that I'm having. I can't download any apps from the Windows Store because it will close after a few seconds of loading an app page. Being on the actual store is fine, no problems there. But if I click on a specific app to view or download, it closes without error or anything.

Anyone else have this problem? Fixes?

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/67303-windows-10-store-closes-few-seconds-after-viewing-app.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Is there a way of seeing what System Restore Points have been taken? I know how to delete all but the most current but I would like to see what is available to restore to and also to verify that restore points are being created at least on a weekly basis. I did a search and couldn't find my answer although I did find out about deleting restore points.

Thanks.............Ralph

A:Viewing Windows System Restore Points

Welcome Ralph

Read the tutorial entitled how to do a system restore It will show you what is available System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/62812-viewing-windows-system-restore-points.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I remember reading sometime ago it was possible to view a clickable list of all my Windows 7 files through Internet Explorer.

Just wondered how to do it and if it was a good idea?

A lot of my files are also on 2 connected External Drives F Drive and G Drive.

A:Viewing windows files in Internet explorer?

I suspect you mean view all files on a computer using Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer.

Right click Computer and select Open. Expand the arrow in front of C.
Expand the arrow in front of Users.
If you click on your name (don't let the lock on your name scare you), you will see folders with your files in the right hand pane. Click on any of them to see what they contain.

For an external hard drive: be sure the drive is attached.
Click on computer and you should see the drives. Click on either drive to see the contents.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-windows-files-in-internet-explorer.1151658/
Relevancy 39.99%

I've gotten a few BSOD's in the past week, usually (but not always) when viewing videos. I'm running Windows 10 and it has been stable for several months. The message comes up that Windows has encountered a system exception related to NETIO.sys. Here is the required log.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/58161-netio-sys-bsod-when-viewing-videos-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I can view the website source via Mozilla Firefox but when I right click and view source in Internet Explorerer, I get the following error message:

Windows cannot axcess the specified path, devices, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.
This happens in every webpage using I.E.
Thanks for your time.

A:Viewing source on Windows XP Internet Explorer

What operating system? XP or 2000 and which version and which SP? Liz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-source-on-windows-xp-internet-explorer.286111/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a hard drive viewing files through Windows. Help drive on with slave with a corrupted version of Windows that cannot be repaired mainly all the time that would be spent trying to do so would be a waste because I just want to recover files and format the drive When I put this hard drive in my new computer windows Disk Check moved my stuff Program files access to My Documents etc to a folder called found broken up in smaller Help with viewing files on slave drive through Windows. folders with a name like dir chk through dir chk this is separate from the Windows corruption So when I get into Windows now I do not see this found folder KNOPPIX shows me this only but the drive indicates all the stuff is there Also I am assuming that this happened because of Disk Check but I could be wrong and it could be attributed to the corrupted Windows So my question is that is there any software I can use in Windows to view this folder or a way to repair the error that disk check made so I can see this folder through windows at least nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-viewing-files-on-slave-drive-through-windows.344551/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi there, I love Windows Live and skydrive. I'm using both and trying to get my friends and family to sign up. Unfortunately, when I go to a page like download.live.com all I see it text. It's like the html is turned off or something. I've tried firefox and it does the same thing. It's kinda hard to convince my friends that windows live is awesome when the web page is messed up. Any suggestions?

A:problem viewing windows live web page

I just updated my version of Java, but that didn't help. I'm using the beta version of the new IE, is that why?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/212534-problem-viewing-windows-live-web-page.html
Relevancy 39.99%

In windows explorer, hid the preview pane. But theres still that annoying space on that right side of the window. Now, when I bring it up, theres just one column of files on the left side. How can I "free" it up so that a 2nd or 3rd column of files can be viewed in that space?

A:How Do I Free Up Viewing Space in Windows Explorer?

Hello Koolx,

You might see if it may be the Details pane turned on instead.

Details Pane - Show or Hide in Windows 8 File Explorer

If not, then please go ahead and post a screenshot showing this to see if it may ID what it is.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/63596-how-do-i-free-up-viewing-space-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 39.99%

When we had small HDs Things like BitLocker was fine but they require to my knowledge encrypting the entire drive On the current multiple Terabyte drive that can take some Windows an on viewing R/W and USB Protect Drive againt time going both ways NEWSOFTWARES has a USB SECURE that when you can get access to it it works great but do not buy this software as the company is so paranoid about the Licenses you can not login half the time And once you buy it the drive you use on it seems to lock it so you can not upgrade to a larger drive AND it is expensive for more than Protect an USB Drive againt R/W and viewing on Windows one drive with all of its shortfalls Their Folder Lock works pretty good but it has to encrypt the entire folder and you have to copy move to a disk and that copy process is copy software sensitive I liked USB SECURE when it was not telling me it has expired wrong drive or not accept Protect an USB Drive againt R/W and viewing on Windows my valid license and support is of no help either Is this day and age of the big Terabyte drives one would think someone could come up with the idea of password protesting the entire drive without encrypting it in case the drives were stolen not erase properly etc Anyone know of such a product

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/383225-protect-usb-drive-againt-r-w-viewing-windows.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hallo all..

I have 2 problems..

1 ) My JPEG icon is a windows generic Icon and I cant seem to change the JPEG images back to a original JPEG icon

Does any one know how I can change icon to a normal JPEG look icon ? I've right clicked on the Image / Properties / Change Icon but I cant find the JPEG icon..

2 ) I have a load of JPEG images on my system from holidays etc but unlike Windows XP windows 2000 doesnt have a Image view program that you can hit an arrow and go to the next image. Is their a way around this instead of closing and opening next image ?

Thx for any help..

A:windows 2000 , Image viewing problem ???

anyone ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-image-viewing-problem.468220/
Relevancy 39.99%

When I choose Thumbnails view in Windows Explorer I get a set of thumbnails as expected.

But when I click on a thumbnail the image opens in Internet Explorer. I'm sure it used to open in an image viewer that let me run a sort of slideshow.

How can I get things back the way they were? Hope you can help.

Relevancy 39.99%

Running Window XP Home Media Edition When I open certain file folders on my hard drive Windows Explorer will give me a message telling me quot it has encountered and error and needs to shut down file Viewing Windows Folders Down Shuts XP Certain When quot I have two external hard drives on which I capture and backup video files Most of the Windows XP Shuts Down When Viewing Certain file Folders file folders on the drives can be accessed by Windows Explorer with no problem but certain folders shut down immediately upon opening My hard drives mirror each other manually not in a RAID config and the problem folder shuts down Windows explorer on both drives I tried changing the column view applicable to all folders such tha only the file name comes up in the Explorer window and that actually helped Explorer will stay open and I can access many of the video files However eventually I ll get a notification and Explorer shuts down I searched this forum and based on my findings I ran Malwarebytes and Avast and found nothing Based on my very limited use of the Internet and lack of any other computing problems I didn t expect to find a virus or spyware I also ran cleanmgr and cleaned up everything I could including Temporary Internet Files and Recycle Bin Any idea why Windows Explorer is having trouble simply listing the files within certain file folders and not others

A:Windows XP Shuts Down When Viewing Certain file Folders

My guess would be possible bad sectors on the hard drive...the alternative would be to guess some sort of file corruption.I would try running the chkdsk /r command on each of the drives with this situation.Start/Run...type chkdsk /r X: (where X: represents the respective partition/drive) and hit Enter. Spacing must be exactly as shown.Alternative method of running same command: In Explorer or My Computer, right click on the drive, select Properties, select the tools tab, and click on the Check Now button. Check both of the available options and click Start button.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305433/windows-xp-shuts-down-when-viewing-certain-file-folders/
Relevancy 39.99%

I don't care how many times I set my Windows Explorer viewing settings to Name, Ascending I have files that move around in the window. I'm getting real sick of having to either use F5 or back out of the folder and come back in. Just because I open a file doesn't mean it should move to the end of the list. That's what is happening though. Every single one of these files was created exactly the same way but not all of them do it. And not all of the files moving are the same ones every time. It's only occasion files that move and not always the same files, it seems to be random.

I just know this is getting to be extremely irritating. So if anyone can tell me how to lock in my viewing preferences and keep them that way I would greatly appreciate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-any-way-to-lock-windows-explorer-viewing-settings.1097865/
Relevancy 39.99%

I recently had to re-install Adobe Photoshop CS and Adobe ImageReady CS and since I did that the icons shown for JPEG files changed Anyway when I would double-click on them to open them they would open in Paint rather than Windows Picture And Fax Viewer Differently Solved: Windows Viewing XP .JPEG's When I went into the quot Solved: Windows XP Viewing .JPEG's Differently Tools gt Folder Options gt File Types quot dialogue box to change the JPEG options back so that they would be opened in Windows Picture And Fax Viewer it said that that is what they were being opened with already Also if I right-click on a JPEG file and chose quot Open With quot and then select Windows Picture And Fax Viewer nothing happens Anyway in the meantime I ve had to change it so that JPEG s open with Microsoft Office Picture Manager So something has happened with Windows Picture And Fax Viewer How can I get it back and how can I return the file properties so that JPEG s and other file formats will open with that nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Hello, I have been using Dual OS on my computer (Ubuntu x64, Windows 7 x64) and I can switch back and forth very easily, but is there a way to view my Ubuntu hard drive from Windows 7? I will provide specs if needed.

Sorry if this is not the correct section but this one seemed to fit best for my situation. Also please pardon me for my English, it is not my primary language.

A:Viewing an Ubuntu Hard Drive in Windows

See the details in the link below:

How To Browse Your Linux Partition from Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/282052-viewing-ubuntu-hard-drive-windows.html
Relevancy 39.99%

A couple of days ago I right clicked in windows live hot-mail and clicked on 'Block Images' or something similar.

Previously when I viewed an email with photos attached, they showed in the viewing pane. Now I have to open them to view them.

I want to get back to where I was.

Any ideas please?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/271586-windows-live-hotmail-viewing-attachments.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have an HP Pavilion dv4 that was connecting to wireless just fine one night. The laptop lid was closed putting the machine into hibernation for the night. The next day the laptop would no longer connect to wireless.

When I try to manually connect to a wifi network, it tells me it can't see any networks. Just to test I turned on my phones hotspot capability and told the laptop to rescan and it still didn't see the network.

I shutdown the laptop so that I could physically check the wireless card. I made sure that it was properly seated and that the wires connecting the wire part of the antenna to the chip are secure as well.

The wireless card is a Broadcome 4322AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n

Please let me know if you need any other information to help me troubleshoot this

A:Windows vista stopped viewing wireless networks

There is most likely nothing wrong with your laptop's wireless adapter, otherwise Windows would have reported an entirely different error (such as "wifi adapter not detected") and you would have been unable to even open the "Detect wireless networks" window.

There is a checklist here which may help: Troubleshoot problems finding wireless networks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-stopped-viewing-wireless-networks-646229.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, I have a bit of a problem.

My local area connection disconnects during or after loading a streaming video on sites like youtube, or even the new member help video for this website. Disabling and enabling the connection seems to fix the problem until I load a new video.

When down, the connection will keep its name, but say no network access. One or two times the name changed to unidentified network.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

A:Solved: Windows 7 Ethernet disconnects while viewing video

Does it disconnect if you are streaming music , from the web ? or just video
I would see if there's an updated driver if not re-install the driver for the network devices and the same for graphics

make and model of the PC - the drivers will be on the manufacturers website - also windows update may find later drivers on windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-ethernet-disconnects-while-viewing-video.954904/
Relevancy 39.56%

My PC just died on me and I've been forced to move from XP to I got a new computer yesterday and a very large monitor for viewing images at optimum size because I am a professional author and art historian and work with thousands of images of portraits stored in hundreds of folders These have all been transferred to my new computer But I'm horrified to see that Photo Problems viewing in with images Viewer Windows many now come up less than actual size whereas on XP they were enlarged Furthermore there is no icon for moving an image to another folder - something I need to do frequently - Problems with viewing images in Windows Photo Viewer and I cannot find any guidance anywhere With the number of images in my folders and sub-folders etc dragging is not an option as it is too time-consuming I am distraught tonight for if I can't solve these problems they are going to impact profoundly on my professional life and on the huge enjoyment I obtain from working with Problems with viewing images in Windows Photo Viewer portraits Can anyone kindly help

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69274-problems-viewing-images-windows-photo-viewer.html
Relevancy 39.56%

on some .wav and .mpg files in the middle of a video, the screen suddenly turns a blank black although sound and video are still playing. I have windows media player 10 if that helps. Sometimes I can go through certain videos to the end without it happening, sometimes it happens in the beginning, and sometimes partially through the middle all depending upon which file I play. If anyone could help I would be much appreciative.

Relevancy 39.56%

I have adware popup ....popping up all the tip when viewing yahoo web pages from main yahoo site
what should I use to get rid of these popups....am already running malware bytes ....scans regulary detects no issues
and windows defender running as well ..Is there a program I can install to get rid of...

A:adware popping up windows 8.1 when viewing web pages on yahoo

Hello, and welcome Let's take a look.MiniToolbox by FarbarPlease download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList DevicesList Users, Partitions and Memory size.List Minidump FilesList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.===Security Check by screen317Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.Regards,Alex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575834/adware-popping-up-windows-81-when-viewing-web-pages-on-yahoo/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey guys,

There was a setting that you could do which would allow you to view your Temporary Internet Folder like you would in XP, with everything in it, instead of being seperated into Content.IE5 folders.

I did it before...but I had to do a repair install....and now I can't remember how I changed that setting!

Could anybody help?

-----------------

I Solved it and forgot to post the solution lol sorry

Internet Options -> Security -> Uncheck 'Unable Protected Mode'

Enjoy

A:IE8 Windows 7 - viewing Temporary Internet Files Folder

Note: It didn't involve switching off UAC, which is a dangerous thing and it's not that irritating in Windows 7 anyway

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/54678-ie8-windows-7-viewing-temporary-internet-files-folder.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello please help me. I have Windows XP with a fairly new computer. for awhile when i try to open any folder that i download any files into using the torrent application Utorrent, windows explorer crashes with the messege of "Data execution precention". with a click through to a " Send error report" to microsoft messege. Can anyone please help me figure out what the problem is with my computer?
Thank you all in advanced.

Relevancy 39.56%

A blue screen suddenly appears and a message is displayed:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
It takes around 60 seconds for the message to be displayed before i can write down the whole error message.

Is there any other way to view the errors. Plz help

A:Viewing Windows Xp Error Messages Or Logs In This Matter?

Click Start.Click Control Panel.Click Performance and Maintenance.Click System.Click the Advanced tab.In the Startup and Recovery box, click the Settings button.In the System Failure box, uncheck Automatically restart.Put a check in Write an event to the system log, and Send an administrative alert.Click OK.Reboot.Next time, it should give you an error message (BSOD) instead of restarting.Write it down, word for word, and post it here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65289/viewing-windows-xp-error-messages-or-logs-in-this-matter/
Relevancy 39.56%

About 3 years ago, i had a trialware of this software that would allow one to look at three windows(maybe more,cant remember exact details) at the same time. I found it in SmartComputing. Any ideas the name?
(BTW, i tried winpolosion, a similar and popular software, but downloading it is impossible. i keep getting a 'cant find a dll file' error message. i download trial software almost daily, never have isssues, so i think WInp. might have some bugs)

A:Solved: Viewing 3 windows at same time software?..cant find it..

Are you talking about multiple desktops that you can switch between?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-viewing-3-windows-at-same-time-software-cant-find-it.466667/