Windows Support Forum

Cannot Change name in User accounts

Q: Cannot Change name in User accounts

I just reinstalled Windows XP Professional (after a failed attempt at a newer operating system) and when I open the user accounts menu and choose change name, the window opens along with a small box saying Unspecified error. After closing it, I try to click in the area to start typing a new name, but nothing happens.

Everything else works, I can create a password, change the picture and what not. It's just the name. I am the only account (thus a computer administrator). Please help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot Change name in User accounts

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cannot Change name in User accounts

Click Start / Run and type in the following control userpasswords2 and click OK . Then click the Advanced tab and then the Advanced button. Then remove desired accounts, rename the administrator account and click Apply & OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-change-name-in-user-accounts.887013/
Relevancy 71.38%

Okay Administrator accounts change User so this is my problem About two weeks ago my mother got to keep a laptop from work because she was moving schools and it was quot outdated quot It was User accounts Administrator change on a school domain so it had her login from the schools At the login page all i had to do was type quot name name quot and the password and that was fine She did not use the laptop anymore so she gave it to me Even though she was a administrator i was getting sick of logining in as her all the time so i tried User accounts Administrator change to create a new account I want in to controle pannel and tried to make one but it came up with domain and user name i tried to create a account but it was saying the trustrelationship with this domain and Lt-D- JK S the laptop were denied I went through another way to create a account through some workgroup thing it worked When i had to log on i would have to type Lt-D- Qjk S username and password It only happened about two days ago that it started to have some problems I could only log on to my account even though it had many different users in the laptops hard drive it would say that i got my password wrong when i tried to type them in the main problem is that i cant do anything because i am not an administrator and i kept being denied when trying making system changes and copy files on to a memory stick So plese help me if you can cause i really need it

A:User accounts Administrator change

Since you know how to log in with your mom's admin account that should give you access to those settings. Who are all the other users?
As admin why not delete the password, problem gone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/203303-user-accounts-administrator-change.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I received my computer recently from someone who registered it on a domain server out of my access. Every time I try to change a setting where I need to give my password, the computer says "there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request" i also cannot change user accounts.

i would appreciate any help.

A:How do i change user accounts outside their domain?

Quote: Originally Posted by Thielen

I received my computer recently from someone who registered it on a domain server out of my access. Every time I try to change a setting where I need to give my password, the computer says "there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request" i also cannot change user accounts.

i would appreciate any help.

Welcome to the windows 7 forums Thielen.

Can it be assumed that you received the original disk from whoever you received the computer from?

My suggestion is to do a complete re-install unless you can give the machine back to whoever you got it from and have them unjoin the computer from their domain and set it back to a local workgroup. They should be able to do this fairly easy.

Although FWIW, Home versions of Windows 7 won't allow you to join to a server domain.

If the person you received the computer from is not available then about the only solution would be to completely re-install windows 7 from the disks you received from them.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/223389-how-do-i-change-user-accounts-outside-their-domain.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a 2-month-old Dell Inspiron 15 notebook running Windows 8.0, and trying to upgrade to 8.1. I have plenty of HD space and 4GB memory. I have 2 user accounts, one with admin designation. I want to change the admin to the other, but I cannot. When I try to change the user accounts, I get a message requiring the account with admin to OK any changes. When I enter that account's password, I get a message that the password is incorrect. I changed the password in the "reset password" site online, but that password doesn't work in the change users part of the PC. So I am stuck. Right now, I cannot affect any changes to the system, because that requires the OK of the admin user account, and that in turn requires a password, which seems not to match the password that I entered for that account. Please advise. Thanks.

Sam K.

A:Cannot change administrator in user accounts

Hi Samkrit, welcome to the Eight Forums.

I assume your administrator account is a Microsoft Account and with "reset password site online" you mean the Windows Live (Hotmail, Outlook.com, MSN, Live) password reset site at https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx. Also, I assume you signed out from the original administrative Microsoft Account and signed in to your secondary standard account trying to change the account type from there.

If this is the case, sign in to your original administrative Microsoft Account using the new password. When signed in, change the account type of your secondary account from there, you don't have to be signed in to that account to change the type but instead can make all changes for all accounts from your administrative account:

First:

Then:
If changing the type of your secondary account now works, you can change your original account to standard.

Tutorial: User Account Type - Change in Windows 8

Kari

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/48840-cannot-change-administrator-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have been working on a friends computer, trying to clean it up a little. I am logged onto the administrator account that he had set up, but it also shows it as a guest account and I can't do anything with the other accounts. I am trying to delete some of the standard user accounts that he doesn't want on it anymore and I can't do anything with them. When I try to create a new user account it shows
"The specified account name is not valid, because account names can not contain the following characters:/\[]";:|<>+=,?*
Please type a different name"

I have tried even entering just one letter at a time all the way to my name and it still comes up with that. There are just several crazy things going on with this and it is driving me crazy.

A:Can't add, delete or change user accounts

Quote: Originally Posted by jj33002

I have been working on a friends computer, trying to clean it up a little. I am logged onto the administrator account that he had set up, but it also shows it as a guest account and I can't do anything with the other accounts. I am trying to delete some of the standard user accounts that he doesn't want on it anymore and I can't do anything with them. When I try to create a new user account it shows
"The specified account name is not valid, because account names can not contain the following characters:/\[]";:|<>+=,?*
Please type a different name"

I have tried even entering just one letter at a time all the way to my name and it still comes up with that. There are just several crazy things going on with this and it is driving me crazy.

A simple Google search with;

The specified account name is not valid, because account names can not contain the following characters:/\[]";:|<>+=,?*

returned the following result;

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-creating-a-user-account-573258.html

There were many more, but the above link was the number one hit.

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/266193-cant-add-delete-change-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I am using Vista Home Premium bit I currently have two accounts set up as an administrator One as my standard user account the other 'administrator' account I created awhile back when Adobe tech support helped me create it to troubleshoot installing adobe apps If I go to Control Panels - - gt User Access when I select any of the links quot Change your account name quot quot Change your account type quot Manage another account quot or quot Turn User Account Control on or off quot nothing happens Well I should say I get a windows UAC Accounts cannot is administrator, User but Account change dialog asking if I 'Agree' to make changes or whatever but then nothing happens I did try starting my PC in SafeMode but no change I tried starting up by setting 'msconfig' to have all services startup items off but that didn't help I can type quot control userpasswords quot to access stuff but I'm not sure if that helps me in anyway since I'm new to Vista Thanks

A:Account is administrator, but cannot change User Accounts

Have you Tried with Vista Administrator?

See Administrator Account For more Information

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/282789-account-administrator-but-cannot-change-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I ve discovered in - pro Set XP up User wrong install now? can Accounts I change I ve made a major blunder during my installation of XP Set up User Accounts wrong in XP pro install - can I change now? Pro SP - please tell me it s not too serious and I can carry on using it without too many problems - no re-install if possible it s taken me ages to set it up Having jumped from Win se to XP Pro I never fully understood the implications of the Administrator Account and how to use User Accounts - hey it s only me and my wife and we share everyting - I didn t see why I needed more than desktop as only person was gonna be on the keyboard at any time As you know you HAVE TO install more than the Admin Account during the setup procedure so I gave the other account full Administrator rights and left the password space empty so we d both never be locked out seemed like the easy solution at the time It was only recently that I found out that Scheduled Tasks won t run unless the Admin Account has a password amp used TweakUI to show this account during startup - BIG OOPS The Admin Account is like virgin territory it was even giving me the Welcome to Windows bummff I thought that all the programs I ve installed tweaked adjusted updated over the past months were all on the Admin Account - but they re on the other account instead Can I somehow switch all these programs to be recognised by the Admin Account without baffling the Registry and throwing up BSODs or will I have to install them all again on the Admin Acc as well As I said both Accounts have full Admin rights installing removing deleting burning etc but obviously the default Admin Acc has more control of what my machine is doing - I d like everything to operate from that desktop Is that possible I don t want to give my machine duff info it s ticking over nicely - XP is very stable compared to my old se setup Both Accounts now have Passwords Pass Rec Disks - I assume that s what others might advise Could I image my Other Account amp then re-install it onto the Admin Account or will the XP Pro strict security procedures reject this If so which prog would you advise - I ve got Drive Image v amp Acronis True Image Please advise I hope this makes sense nbsp

A:Set up User Accounts wrong in XP pro install - can I change now?

Well first of all you shouldn't have more than one account set up then I would go back to before I installed the service pack (Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore). Hope this helps, sorry I can't think of a way to do it without having to uninstall and install again, sorry I would also consider backing up and redoing the entire system. Or you can all leave it like it is it really isn't that much of a problem is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/set-up-user-accounts-wrong-in-xp-pro-install-can-i-change-now.132660/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have changed the UAC in my (Admin) account to turn it off. I have accounts for 3 other people, regular user accounts.
On those regular accounts, if you try to start several of the games I have installed (LOTRO, Neverwinter, etc.) UAC stops the game from loading, asks if you will allow, then rejects it as you need to be logged in as ADMIN to give permission.

I checked UAC while logged into a regular account, and it is turned on (After I turned it off in ADMIN account). It will not let me change the setting, saying I need to be logged in as ADMIN.

Now, I am NOT going to give my 8 year old granddaughter ADMIN rights, so how do I turn off UAC in that account?

A:User Account Control will not change in non-admin accounts

Hello mac,

UAC settings can only be changed by an administrator. In addition, UAC settings are applied globally to all users on the PC.

User Account Control (UAC) - Change Settings in Windows 10

As a workaround, you could see if using the tutorial below to create an elevated shortcut that a standard user can use without getting a UAC prompt may help. However, this method does not always work for games.

Elevated Program Shortcut - Create for Standard User - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/57882-user-account-control-will-not-change-non-admin-accounts.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I received a message that I had logged into a temporary account and in order to save my work I had to change users The problem is I cannot do ANYTHING If I log off and try to log on as a different user the only active icon is my regular account david and the ADMIN icon is grayed out I cannot access log Safe or can't access anything User Accounts Mode into change or User Accounts I cannot log can't access User Accounts or log into Safe Mode or change anything into Safe Mode I cannot access msconfig exe I cannot do a system restore I cannot change anything in REGEDIT I cannot install a program For almost anything I try to do I get a window that says Do you want to allow XXXX to make changes to your computer and the YES button is grayed out There are six temporary user accounts Five are empty the sixth one appears to be the one I m logging into When I log off and try to switch users the sixth one does not have an icon I have a SATA USB drive attached that has some of my programs Now when I boot Windows usually does not recognize it Sometimes it does When it does not I can access many of the programs on it by going to users david desktop startup David is my user name I downloaded and burned a quot Windows Rescue Disk Bit quot CD but it appears to be the same thing as the Windows installation CD I have not doene anything with it -- I don t want to re-install all of the applications like Office Firefox and Thunderbird on the C drive I've downloaded burned CDs and looked at quot rescue quot CDs but haven't found anything that helped What else can I do Windows x Home gig SSHD with gig free Intel i- core GHz gig memory MalwareBytes AntiMalware shows no problem

A:can't access User Accounts or log into Safe Mode or change anything

Hello Davicolb,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this and let's try to resolve it as soon as possible.

For troubleshooting steps, please follow the instructions listed on this following link:
A temporary profile is loaded after you log on to a Windows Vista-based system

Does the issue then still occur?

Thank you,
Vinny Buxton

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/337877-cant-access-user-accounts-log-into-safe-mode-change-anything.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi Guy s I have some Problem's andsome Issues including User Account's and profiles Windows I tried all of this with Avast and MMBTs turned off no Joy I am the only user on this Desk-top Dell Computer PC Store Loading Profile access Cannot Settings Change not User Accounts I have the Administrator Account a Local acount I am on now ZZ Local Admin Account A Account and B Account Cannot access Store Change PC Settings User Accounts Profile not Loading and C Account C Is a New account not usable I made trying to fix all these issues It has no Profile It is set up but it Also Like the old A Account it wont open never has the first time I tried after creating It Instead of going thru the HI Iam setting up Cannot access Store Change PC Settings User Accounts Profile not Loading your new account Preamble It said Cannot open User Profile Not Loading The A Account was my Main account then this trouble started and I have been trying to move everything Cannot access Store Change PC Settings User Accounts Profile not Loading over to THE ZZ Account is that a Roaming Account Or a Roaming Profile I don't care if I delete the A and B accounts I have Two separate Accounts a Local Admin account and a Local account won t open says cannot open User Profile Not Loading I Cannot Move from gt Start Screen gt Search gt Type your gt To get Your Account settings nothing Happens Meaning that I cannot get to gt Change PC Accounts from the Search result link list or if I click on the Search and Icon Bar it just brings up a White Page with a List of Links including the Links Add Delete Manage User accounts they are Dead If I click Store from the Start Screen the screen just flickers If I click on the MS Store Icon in Apps the screen goes all Blue My Admin and This ZZ Account I am using now are working BUT I cannot open Store get at or Play my Apps and other issues the screen Just flickers but stay s on the Desktop of either of these accounts Or if I use the Start Page From Shell Page nothing Happens My Microsoft Account is missing I cannot access it I cannot get to Add Delete Manage User accounts from the ZZ Account Via Search gt Users gt its a Dead Link Is there a Way to move the Accounts Profile everything from the old A to ZZ and just delete the rest of them I am the only one on this PC I Updated to Windows but I But I still have same issues everything I have had nothing but User Accounts and Passwords Problems since I received this PC out of the box as a New Computer with Win Installed Can you guys Help me Please Dazza

A:Cannot access Store Change PC Settings User Accounts Profile not Loading

Can somone please tell me why my post is "Grayed Out" is it in the Wrong Place? What does the Down Arrow mean? does that mean that its been Rejected can somone tell me if I should repost in another foru? Or Have I done somthing wrong and been Banned from Bleeping Com. you guys have always helped me before I dont understand? If I hear nothing tomorrw I will close the Thread and seek help elsware I cannot do that if I don't know whats going on Dasha

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522778/cannot-access-store-change-pc-settings-user-accounts-profile-not-loading/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello All I'm delighted No to accounts change /Cannot Admin admin user account existing Access to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account came with Windows On setup i used my No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account microsoft account to login with a pin the account was setup as administrator No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account thinking i could change things later About days later i added a standard user account for my husband with a microsoft account login with pin I wanted to make his the administrator account but thought i had better change mine to a standard account first My mistake Now i cannot change anything i have tried to use the cmd prompt to run as administrator - it asks for administrator permission and does not allow me to enter a password or yes I have tried all suggestions to enable the hidden windows account but all ask for the same permission I have tried to go to setup recovery troubleshoot advanced option system restore - it requests an administrator password and when i entered what i thought is mine it does not work Feeling a little Does anybody know anyway i can go back in time to start again or how do i access administrator rights as i really need to add programs etc Thank you for any help given

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61945-no-admin-access-cannot-change-existing-user-accounts-admin-account.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I recently installed Examsoft on my computer a program to take exams in law school After I installed it and rebooted my computer some weird things happened When I pressed Ctrl Alt Del the only option available was quot Switch User quot and all the other ones were gone Lock this computer Start task manager etc I eventually downloaded the registry keys that were needed to get back all the other options The options to restart shut down hibernate and sleep were also missing whe I clicked on the arrow on the start menu I also downloaded the registry key to get those back However the problem that still remains picture" user Help! accounts gone your option "Change in is that when I open Help! "Change your picture" option in user accounts gone User Accounts in control panel the option to change the user picture is gone and on the start menu the Help! "Change your picture" option in user accounts gone box that is supposed Help! "Change your picture" option in user accounts gone to contain the picture above my username is blank Also under user accounts the quot Manage your file encryption certificates quot option is also gone Does anyone know how I can get these options back Thanks

A:Help! "Change your picture" option in user accounts gone

I have no idea whether it would do any good but have you tried a System Restore ?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/191489-help-change-your-picture-option-user-accounts-gone.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hiii everybody this is my first ever post in my first forum That s a disclaimer to ask you guys to forgive me for having very little gray matter - I have Windows XP HOME SP on Intel Celeron MHz and MB RAM I know it doesn t sound like much so I m always trying to read forums and tweak my settings But this time it ended up worse I used a program called autoruns exe to adjust my startup programs so it ll start faster I m not sure what I turned off but now It takes longer cut(copy) all Panel-User Control accounts ... missing accounts Can't paste, in & to start up I don t see any accounts not even admin in Control Panel - User accounts I can access a directory and open files but I can t cut or copy and paste them into another Can't cut(copy) & paste, all accounts missing in Control Panel-User accounts ... folder In services Can't cut(copy) & paste, all accounts missing in Control Panel-User accounts ... msc most of the programs under Local with automatic setting don t start and cannot be started I can t even see the programs under extended I have a home network but I can t access any of my other computers those are a few of laundry list of challenges with my computer with me I m even ready to format and reinstall XP but I need to copy some files before I do that I m sorry for this long post but can you guys help me nbsp

A:Can't cut(copy) & paste, all accounts missing in Control Panel-User accounts ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-cut-copy-paste-all-accounts-missing-in-control-panel-user-accounts.287901/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi

I'm surprised that nobody else has this problem, but I've searched and can't find an answer...apologies if I've not looked hard enough but I decided to post a question because this is 'urgent' to me.

I had 2 children's accounts in Win 8, and had local Parental Controls. Upgraded OS to Win 10, and now I can't manage Parental Controls in Win 10 locally, so I 'think' I need to set up 'online Profiles' for them.

However, all their game progress, profile settings, etc are on their local profiles - how can I get all this data to be on their online Profiles? I didn't want to copy and paste folders (such as AppData) without knowing that this was a 'safe' way to do this.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Rgds,
Andy

A:How to copy user accounts in Win8 to online accounts in Win10

Hello Andy,

Have a look at the following tutorial which shows how to change a local account to an online one.

Microsoft Account - Switch to in Windows 10

Hope this helps

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38452-how-copy-user-accounts-win8-online-accounts-win10.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I was recently looking on techguy for a similar resolution to the below question in the forum.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista-7/822354-ccleaner-not-working-when-i.html

I do not have problems using the CC Cleaner in my account (admin) but when I run the cleaner it does not clean Chrome. See, my girl use chrome for her internet browser on her user account and I use Firefox in my admin user account.

IN fact i have this problem in a lot with programs like Tversity, CCleaner and AVG.

Do I have install the program on every User account (hence taking up room on my PC because I am installing the same program twice)?

And when I use virus programs do they sift for infections through all the users etc?

Thanks kindly.

w3b3d1g1

A:User Accounts in Vista - Operating programs in both accounts

hello w3b3d1g1

try this (in your account) start > all programs > any program you want to share > right click on that program.> choose share.. maybe what your looking for.

hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-in-vista-operating-programs-in-both-accounts.839860/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello

I have been chasing up an answer to this problem for a couple of weeks now and have found a number of people with same symptoms but no answer which works.

When I go to the User Accouns page the dialog box for the "Choose the Account you would like to change" is blank.

I am an administrator and there are 2 accounts on my notebook - windows 7 professional.

I can view the accounts through the run command, but would like to know why the dialog is empty and what the fix is for this.

I have done a scan for errors - none found.

Done a complete reinstall - Accounts still not visible.

Looking on a variety of forums, this appears to have been happening to XP and Vista prior to Windows 7.

However none of the fixes for XP or Vista work (Some don't even apply).

Does anyone have a solution for this bug?

Thanks

A:User Accounts / Manage Accounts Blank

Microsoft has an article on this issue, please read this and try the solutions if you haven't already. Oh yeah, welcome to SevenForums.

Granted... It's for XP but I can't seem to find the Win7 version.

Several dialog boxes are blank

EDIT: Here's a fix for the "Windows Features" blank dialog. I figure it might tell you what your problem is as well.

Link to tutorial:
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/...alfeaturesexe/
Link to program:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/78641-user-accounts-manage-accounts-blank.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all I can t find any mention of my problem on this or any other forum Or at least I don t think I can Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated Get Only Accounts Accounts User Cannot Admin Can DHCP, Here is my set-up Linksys DSL modem connected to an Apple Airport Extreme wireless router The modem is configured to be the DHCP server the Airport is set to bridge mode I have a new Compaq Presario desktop running Vista Home Basic with a Belkin wireless-G USB dongle All of this discussion is about wireless btw - Only Admin Accounts Cannot Get DHCP, User Accounts Can I don t have a long enough CAT- cable to connect the Airport and PC I have users set up on the PC - true unlocked administrator account and standard users When I boot up and connect as any of the standard users they automatically detect and connect to the Airport and receive IP addresses But when I change user to be the administrator the connection drops after a few seconds The Airport network is visible to Only Admin Accounts Cannot Get DHCP, User Accounts Can Vista because it is in the list of available networks But if I try to connect to it it fails and the Vista diagnostic tool tells me it has been unable to connect for unknown reason One of the standard users used to Only Admin Accounts Cannot Get DHCP, User Accounts Can have admin rights and that account had exactly the same problem If I log in from a boot-up as the administrator I also cannot connect to the network If the administrator account has been used and logged out the other users cannot connect to the Airport I have to re-boot before they can connect again I also have a MacBook and a Nokia N both of which can log into the network and get IP addresses fine If it s important I m using WPA This is not just irritating but also dangerous Because I am unable to use the internet from an administrator account I am unable to do things like updating my Norton software so I m putting myself at risk I assume the problem is rooted in how Vista treats admin users and the threats it perceives from internet access as such a user As mentioned I have Norton installed and Windows Firewall turned off A friend of mine suggested it might be because I ve got the network set as public and Vista doesn t want to connect an admin account to it but as I can t connect as an administrator to that network then I can t change the Vista setting Catch I haven t tried the registry fix for DHCP flags because I assume that if that was my problem then none of the accounts would be able to connect to the internet Has anyone come across a problem like this before I would appreciate any ideas you may have Please let me know if any detailed information would help Cheers ShuggyX nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-admin-accounts-cannot-get-dhcp-user-accounts-can.708758/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to help. Recently, a few strange things have happened with the PC, which first started when I found I couldn't use the Backup & Recovery software in Windows 7. Whenever I clicked on one of the buttons with a shield, nothing would happen at all. I've looked around and just can't find the solution to this. However, today when trying to fix this, I've come across a new user account in the permissions section. The name is jvactaett - I certainly haven't made this! Does anyone have any ideas how this account has got there, and how I can remove it? It doesn't show in user accounts through Control Panel.

I've put a screenshot as well. To get there, I right clicked a hard drive and went to properties, Security, Add, advanced and then clicked Find Now.

I don't know if the two things above are linked or not...
Thanks!

A:Unknown user showing in user accounts - possibly compromised?

A further observation is that when I do sfc /scannow through cmd, it stops at 59%. Same problem as this post, but didn't follow all the things that were replied as I didn't know if they were relevant to me...

Windows Firewall Service unable to activate, SFC scan unable to work

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/309723-unknown-user-showing-user-accounts-possibly-compromised.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I had installed expression web 4 into windows 10 and for some reason it created a user account, now my Run command defaults to this user account. I wanted to remove it but it doesn't show under user accounts. How do I fix this?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437561-removing-user-account-doesnt-show-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am a lab technician for Microsoft classes at a community college One of our students somehow messed up his hard drive The computer is running Windows Enterprise SP -bit The system has two administrator accounts and one not accounts No profile but user to created able logon User - standard user account I am still able to logon with those accounts and there are SID keys for each of these users in the registry Now when we create a new user the account is created without any problems The user shows up on the logon page and after running the net user command it shows up there as well When I try to logon with the new user I get a message The User Profile Service failed the logon User profile cannot be loaded None of the new user accounts show up in the registry The other anomaly that I see is that the Default User folder is missing in each of the Users subdirectory for the three accounts where I have no problems I have read the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article and none of the methods apply to my problem I also checked Local Group Policies and the Do not logon users with temporary profiles setting is not configured I would appreciate any thoughts that anyone has this problem

A:User accounts created but not able to logon - No user profile

Pixel, welcome to Sevenforums!

Have you tried a system restore yet? select a point before the problem began: System Restore
Try a repair install: Repair Install
Important! Read the warning box in the tutorials just in case they effect the user or your class
Credits: Both tutorials created by Brink

Let me know which of these tutorials you are able to do, and if they correct the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/214748-user-accounts-created-but-not-able-logon-no-user-profile.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am using Vista Home Premium Registry - User on Leaks User Problem Accounts -bit and I am having problem logging in using my user account An error flagged quot The User Profile Service service failed the logon User Account Profile cannot be loaded quot The Event Viewer window has these details Windows detected your registry file is still in use by User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Windows System svchost exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES I was able to logged in through Safe Mode but still an error flagged in status bar that the profile was not properly loaded Although I was able to copy all data from that user account to a new account can I still troubleshoot the problem and be able to log in using the old user account I have all my shortcuts and archives there and quot every customized thing quot Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:User Registry Leaks - Problem on User Accounts

Hi aice and welcome to Vista Forums

Have you checked the information in the following Tutorial?

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/223345-user-registry-leaks-problem-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 55.04%

The other day I went to delete one of my user accounts and found a password protected user by the name of Machine ASP....'s which did not show up when log ging in, only in user accounts. I deleted it as there was no way of accessing the account to see what was in it but was wondering if anyone might know how it could have got there. I have norton internet security, norton antivirus and sygate pro firewall. No one else has had access to the computer either(at least not from my home). Any help appreciated.

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,I got some tips a couple of months ago on tweaking your pc. I did alot of tweaks and guess what? Silly me I didnt back up the REGISTRY!!!!! I also installed Windows Transformation Pack 6. This is what happens when I try to go to Control Panel> User Accounts, and try to click the 3 tabs under "Learn About" . automation server cant create object Now these tabs have crosses next to them So I must of disabled a service or something? I can create accounts. but I gotta log out, and log in other one. I cant quickly switch over while having 2 or 3 accounts logged in at the same time. When I try to switch users, it doesn't do it. Please help!Thanks.

A:User Accounts & Fast User Switching

I believe that if the Terminal Service isn't started then fast user switching isn't available.To start the Terminal Service, go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools and click on Services. Right click on Terminal Service and select Properties. Make sure the startup type is set to Automatic.Also, see this Microsoft article on fast user switiching.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/100701/user-accounts-fast-user-switching/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all -- I was reading an article about managing passwords in XP and followed its instructions I went to Start Run and entered quot control userpasswords quot at that time the accounts that I have put on the computer showed along with another that I did not knowingly authourize or even know about The suspicious account is a limited Accounts" My "user User In Unknown account -- password protected and has the title quot ASP NET Machine A quot thats exactly what it says asp net seems to be a microsoft sponsored site -- I guess My concern is that I have recently had and removed spyware from this pc and I did not knowingly authorize this account nor have I heard of ASP NET prior to this I really want to delete this account but I am more courious as to how it got there I am your everyday home pc user with Unknown User In My "user Accounts" limited knowledge of much more that the color of my computer Please Unknown User In My "user Accounts" advise Thank you Oh yeah -- the ASP account only shows when I go to the start run and access user accounts that way -- to access user accounts Unknown User In My "user Accounts" through control panel does not show the asp net account thank you originaljw

A:Unknown User In My "user Accounts"

ASP.net is put there by Microsoft when you installed the .NET thru Windows Update. Not to worry.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/56125/unknown-user-in-my-user-accounts/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I'm getting this error message I did a google search and found this You receive a quot The User Profile Service failed the logon But did not help me I also did a search here and found a few topics with this error message though they didn't solve my problem either because mine problem seems to be different I can login to existing accounts But I can't login to new ones So when I go to the registry editor there's no folder for the new accounts They just don't exist at all Only the existing ones I create failed..." user accounts create Can't service profile "The new user a new user account at the Users menu in Control panel and they show up at login screen When I click them it starts the waiting icon saying quot Logging in quot then after a few seconds this error message pops up I can click OK and then it says quot logging off quot and goes Can't create new user accounts "The user profile service failed..." back to the login screen I do have access to an administrator account and a standard account I can log in to both I don't have any system restore points before this started happening i'm using ESET Smart Security as my antivirus but I don't think it's causing the problem I uninstalled it and it didn't work then either so I reinstalled it back Please help me what could be wrong

A:Can't create new user accounts "The user profile service failed..."

Can you yell us when the problem started and were you on the system when it is doing this if so what were you doing when it started.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362154-cant-create-new-user-accounts-user-profile-service-failed.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Having just learned from an OLD post here that renaming a user account apparently doesn't change the order in which the corresponding logon icons appear at startup -- due to the order being apparently determined by when each folder was originally created, which was when this computer was first opened back in 2011 -- I want to be able, after creating a new user account, to migrate data from the account whose name I changed. I'd been previously suggested to try User Profile Wizard from Forensit.com... would this be a good idea, or can you suggest something different?

HP/Compaq CQ2014, AMD E-300, Radeon HD graphics, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit custom SP1, 3MB RAM, 500GB disk

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/392313-create-new-user-migrate-old-users-data-change-logon-icon-order.html
Relevancy 51.6%

(reposted from Customization)

Having just learned from an OLD post here that renaming a user account apparently doesn't change the order in which the corresponding logon icons appear at startup -- due to the order being apparently determined by when each folder was originally created, which was when this computer was first opened back in 2011 -- I want to be able, after creating a new user account, to migrate data from the account whose name I changed. I'd been previously suggested to try User Profile Wizard from Forensit.com... would this be a good idea, or can you suggest something different?

HP/Compaq CQ2014, AMD E-300, Radeon HD graphics, Win7 Home Premium 64-bit custom SP1, 3MB RAM, 500GB disk

Bob

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/392449-create-new-user-migrate-old-users-data-change-logon-icon-order.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I have a user listed in C:\Documents and Settings that is not listed in "user accounts".

If if simply delete it then it comes back later.

The only thing in it is a thunderbird profile which I don't believe is active anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

A:Delete user that's in docs and settings but not in "user accounts".

Does the User Profile show up in System Properties?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/delete-user-thats-in-docs-and-settings-but-not-in-user-accounts-354027.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey I recently started to notice some strange activity on my MacBook, and am unable to change the root user, along with this on my console the country code sometimes changes to NL without me doing so. Sometimes I also get a message on my console saying "parental controls, start observing". Is there something fishy going on ?, any help much appreciated, thanks

A:Unable to change root user and country change on console, mac osx

Please post any operating (or infection) problems to the Mac forum area, as they are not handled here ...........

Operating Systems → Mac OS  ...............

Thank You - - - -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552928/unable-to-change-root-user-and-country-change-on-console-mac-osx/
Relevancy 50.74%

Well, hello. It's the strangest story. I have three user accounts on XP, and I'm having trouble staying logged in to them.

This morning, when I woke up, I booted up my computer and tried logging in to one of my user accounts (Account 1). I logged in successfully, but then when I switched users, it didn't say "1 Program Running" under my account, and when I tried to log in with another account (Account 3), my screen flashed black for a second and brought me back to the User Login screen. I could still log in to account 1, just not the other two. I've tried using system restore, and anti-virus and spyware scanners to see if they helped (as well as rebooting), but nothing happened.

Is there any solution to this problem, other than formatting? Thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-not-log-in-with-2-user-accounts-14397.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I am such an idiot.. I was loading XP on the machine, everything was going great, until I accidentally, clicked on "next" without entering ANY user names or passwords!!!

Now I can't even access my machine, it just goes as far as the user login screen, where it has as default : "Owner" and "Guest". But I do not have a password for the accounts as I did not load any, and now I can't get onto my computer to edit the user accounts. When I just press enter it gives me an error.

PLEASE HELP

Relevancy 50.74%

I started my PC in safe mode because i have or had the worm win 32.zafi.b which i think was removed. When i restarted the PC it opened in HP user desktop ( its a HP PC). Went to control panel, user accounts. The only user accounts listed are HP and guest. My 2 user accountswhich i use are not listed. Hope someone can help find them THanks

Bruce S.

A:user accounts are gone

It seems as though you may have an infection! Please navigate to HERE, read the Preparation Guide and start a new topic requesting help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/206959/user-accounts-are-gone/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have Windows XP, and my computer won't simply switch users anymore. In order to switch users, I have to log off, then log onto another user. Also, whenever I log on after hibernating, the classic screen (requiring password) comes up. It used to go straight to the Welcome Screen with the user icons. I tried to go into my user accounts file and change the settings for "logging on to the computer", however, my mcafee virus scan pops up and states that it has detected a "suspicious script." All I want to do is be able to change the settings for the user accounts, but it does not save. Please advise. Thank you.

A:User Accounts

Have you tried making the changes in Safe Mode from the Administrator account?

Keep in mind that to enable the automatic welcome screen, no passwords must be set. This may not be a good idea considering the vulnerability of the OS to malicious code which can easily run under administrative rights if you do not password protect the accounts.

Safe Mode instructions here if you need them: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2001052409420406

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282866/EN-US/
Also you need to rule out malicious infection as a source of problems. Try running McAfee in Safe Mode.

Also, in normal mode, I'd suggest posting a HijackThis Scanlog from any problematic profile:

Download and install HijackThis using the "self extractor". Run it and select "do a system scan and save the log file". Then copy/paste the contents of the log to a reply

http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts.397680/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi All, New here, so please bare with me. A few weeks ago, I deleted my husband from the user accounts, and it opted me to keep his files, documents, etc. I opted to keep these because I had some of my own in them. Well, when I deleted his account, all my gifs, pics, siggy's were gone. Can I retreive these back, or are they disappeared forever. Thanks
Goozie

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I am setting up another account on my computer for a single reason, so that i can use two iPods on my computer. I want both acccounts to be exactly the same, besides the diffrent desktops and "personal preferences" of the two diffrent people. The problem is that on the new account, not all of the programs in Start>Programs are listed that are on the original. ... Also when i made the new one the desktops had some of the same icons but not all... I would like them to be the same and then go through and take the ones off i dont need, not have to go find them. Also, it seems that when i add an icon to one account, it goes onto the other.... Why does that happen?? thanks for the help
)corjello(
Windows 2000 Professional

A:User Accounts Help

Why isn't all of the programs in the start>programs menu listed in the original account in the new account?
Simply because when you have downloaded or installed programs on your original account you installed it under your name not 'All users'. Just copy across the programs under C\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Start Menu\Programs into C\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs.

Why isn't all of the shortcuts on my desktop in the original account the same as in the new account?
Again, simply because in your original account you made the shortcuts under your name not all users. To copy the shortcuts across go to C\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Desktop into C\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop.

How do i change my icon?
Go to start, control panel, user accounts, and then choose one Hope I have helped.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-help.348642/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello:

I am trying to access and manage all the user accounts and administrator accounts in a workgroup network of 20 computers running XP Pro.

I have tried Control Panel > User Accounts.

I have also tried "control.exe useraccounts2" at the command line (it just accepts the command and nothing happens)

I would like to set up all computers with an Administrator Account and a Guest Account.

On one computer I log in as Administrator with the password but I still cannot change other accounts.

Thanks in advance

A:Cannot see all user accounts

AFAIK...networking does not allow any network member access to other user accounts on a different system.  IMO, the reasons for this should be clear to all.

I can't speak about the possibilities inherent in a network where Windows Server is involved...you might visit the Windows NT forum here at BC regarding how it might allow control of user accounts/accesses.

The command which you attempted to use...appears to apply to the user accounts on one given system, http://nerdyloft.com/2006/10/23/hidden-user-accounts-control-in-windows-xp/ , not various accounts on various systems.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589665/cannot-see-all-user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an account that I would like to delete. Windows Xp will not let me delete this account when I go to Control Panel/User Accounts on my computer. It lets me go through all the steps to delete the account like whether or not I want to save the files, etc but I keep getting a not responding message when I try to delete everything and when I try to just delete the account and save the files to a folder on my desktop. I tried making another account and then deleting it but had no problems at all! Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to get rid of this account or what is going on and why it is doing this??
please & thank you!

A:user accounts

Are you logged in as administrator? Is this an account that you created or one you found on the computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/196290/user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

please help,, i have a dell desktop computer with with windows xp installed,, i have three user accounts on it and i am trien to delete one of the accounts,, but it tells me that microsoft is having a host problem?? wants me to send microsoft an error report so i did,, tried to get tech support for this one problem that i am having but they want to charge me 270 dollars for one year,, did not think it was worth it,, any help would be good, thanks guys

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey all,

My sister has 2 pc's connected wireless. She's having trouble connecting to the win 2000 box from the xp box. It prompts for user name and password to access the resources on the 2000 box. I tryed to guide her by phone. She has user account, but wont accept user and pass. Nor default administrator user name. My question is, how can she disable win2000 form asking for user and pass to connect all together? I had un-check the box under user accounts, to " users must enter user and pass at logon".... what am I missing here?

Thanks

A:User accounts

The issue here is that the 2K box doesn't have an account with a username/password that matches the one used to logon to the XP box. Create a new account that matches the XP logon on the 2K box, and this prompt should disappear.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts.419743/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I have three user accounts on our computer.
1 administrator (password protected)
2 kids (limited)
3 parents(limited)(password protected from kids)
I am coming to the conclusion that my various virus, malware and computer performance cleaning programs have to be run in each user account. Is this true?
I thought if I ran these programs in the administrator account they would be applied to all user accounts. I've noticed that when adaware is ran in one account it cleans up what it finds but then when I ran adaware in another account it still found items. This has me confused on the whole scope of maintenance programs running on a computer with multiple accounts.
Do these programs run only in one user account at a time?
Can I configure program to check all user accounts at once??
Thanks.

Relevancy 50.74%

So I just built a new computer over the weekend and finally joined the rest of the world by using Windows XP. After using Win2000 for many, many years, I find the learning curve quite steep and I suppose that maybe I don't understand XP all that well.

I setup 3 profiles (with mine being the admin account), but whenever one account adds an icon to their desktop, it shows up on all desktops. If the icon is removed from another desktop, it disappears from the origin desktop. Is this normal? If it is, doesn't it defeat the purpose of personal profiles?

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys!

I am using Winxp professional.In my system I created two users one is administrator and another is my brother account.Now i want to delet my brother account.How to delet it.Can any one tell me.

Thanks

Can you go into user accounts in the control panel and then remove it or delete it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-accounts-84083.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Folks,

Q1 I have just created a standard account for myself. Is their anyway I can have it auto start. It is password protected. I did this for my admin account. Auto Log-On.pdf

Hello George,

Sure you could set Windows 7 to log on automatically to that or any account you like at startup.

Log On Automatically at Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/210804-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 50.74%

All of my user accounts are gone from the XP welcome screen (sp2). I tried booting in safe mode - no user accounts. I tried using last known good configuration - no help.

Can anyone help. Please remember that since I cannot log on, I cannot try things like system restore to an earlier date, copying files, etc.

Thanks,
BobG

A:User Accounts Gone

Hi bobg19 !

What happened, any clue to what could have caused this ? Did the computer crash or did you just turn it on to find you accounts had vanished ? What was the last thing you did on that computer ?

Do you see the user account login screen at all ? If so, in safe mode, log as "adminitrator" and leave the password blank (if you didn't set any). This should get you started. Once in Windows run windows explorer, go to tools => folder options => view => check "show hidden files and folders" and uncheck "hide operating system protected files". Navigate to c:\documents and settings\ and see if your user account folders are still there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-accounts-gone-163657.html
Relevancy 50.74%

When creating a new user account I have found that once created the 'my documents' folder contains no my folders in it ie. my pictures , my music etc. Also on the desk top no 'unused desktop 'folder Have tried all the usual problem solving measures to no avail. Can anyone help please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts.408583/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am having a problem setting up a new user in windows xp home.
I would like to make a seperate user to have a seprate outlooks and favorites on the internet browser. I have Wirless internet and when I create a new user it asks me to reconfigure everything which is a pain, and also programs arent working. Like outlook it says it cannot find the program. Is there any way of copying a user account or Multiplying it. Anything that I can do to have the same settings for this new account or am I forced to setting everything up again. And re installing programs??

Relevancy 50.74%

Computer hangs upon switching users. Cannot logon to other user accounts. These were accounts that have worked properly for over a year until today. End up having to manually shut down.

A:XP User accounts

This sounds like your problem...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q312058/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-user-accounts-69972.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have never created any user accounts on my Windows XP but we have been using the User Accounts PC for years My husband and I would now like two separate accounts and I tried to make an account for him by going to the quot control panel quot and opening quot user accounts quot The problem is that it told me I have to make a first account and in order to make a second account because I don t have any at this time When I created a first account then I couldn t find all the things like desktop icons for software and also the content in the files that I ve put on my desktop They were gone and I had like a blank slate desktop with just the standard icons I didn t have the Quickbooks program or the Quicken program either So my question is this Is there a way that what I already have can be just left alone and have it be called by a user name without having to set up everything again like my Outlook express emails User Accounts etc User Accounts and then let me open a new one for my husband nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

All user accounts that I set up in XP for different members of my family seem to have vanished! When I check in control panel>user accounts I can see them - but they don't appear when I log on. The only account is my own one. How do I return them?

Also I have noticed recently that when I boot up my PC I get a pop up window asking for my password. To my knowledge I have never set up a password, if I click OK with the password field blank the boot up process continues anyway. Is there a way to disable this message?

Thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

I want to make a new user account and every time i click on user accounts in the control panel nothing comes up. Please help.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all.........Having trouble sharing word between user accounts...Works fine on my administrator account but when my kids try to open it through their accounts it just comes up with a windows installer dialogue box then trys to install word again....I have put word into the shared folder so you can see word in their accounts but just wont open...Any ideas anyone thanks.

A:user accounts in xp

Hi,

This is a very common problem with restricted accounts .. the very fast and simple solution is to log on as Administrator
Open User's from control panel and elevate each account to administrator.

Log Off and log on to each account to allow the MSO installer to configure MSO then when all accounts have installed just simply log back on as administrator and return the account to restricted.

There are other methods but this will do the trick in no time .

Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/293023/user-accounts-in-xp/
Relevancy 50.74%

When I go into the control panel and click on user accounts, a white box appears with no options, just nothing but a white screen. It is really hard to do anything on the computer since there is no administrator account or anything. Is there some way to make the user accounts appear because right now it doesnt show anything.

A:No User Accounts

you need to create a admin account

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/286726/no-user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a problem with the Windows XP user accounts.

How can you remove them so when i turn the computer on it automatically loads to the desktop without having to come to a welcome screen with the list of user accounts and having to type in passwords to get in etc..

Thanks heaps.

http://malektips.com/xpwam0007.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts.373308/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can make it so that when i turn on my computer, it doesn't ask me for a username or password? I recently got a new computer, and my old one had XP on it like this one, but i didn;t need to have a username or password. On this one, my username is already there and I don't have to type a password I can just click ok, but there must be a way for me to turn my machine on without going through this part.

Thanks.

http://8help.osu.edu/2063.html

You can also do it with the XP PowerToy TweakUI.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts.390089/
Relevancy 50.74%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional accounts Help User please with Service Pack bit Help with User accounts please Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card SiS FX GX Mirage Help with User accounts please Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard SiS- Antivirus PC Cleaner Pro Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled Hello I am a comlete novice but learning - out of necessity to manage this old girl desktop so I can work No questions asked - this is what i have and need to work with until further notice I bought it from a friend and had a technician repair it for me Alot was wrong when I got it back but I have closely follwed alot of posts on this site and managed to fix alot of the problems Thank you tech guys Obvioussly - I have a space issue - Help with User accounts please so everything beside programs is on an extranal drive I have managed to clear up alot of disk space - now I am looking at the user accounts If I go into advanced - user settings - I see user accounts - adminitrator backup and current - info is spread accross them all - but only user account on start up - is that correct If I run disc clean up - it seems only to clean out one of the accounts If i go into the doc setting folder - there are lots of doubled up files - in user default user my user name and administrator Can i streamline this and how nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

My pc has wiped my user account that's got admin privileges I know only have the account that dosent have admin how can I restore my account
Plse help me
Then I might help u if I can

Restarted my pc and know seems
To work again said it was setting up for first use ( which is confusing as had the laptop for 3yrs)

Had a really bad day with tech today had to restore my laptop 3 times today and my iPhone couldn't find wifi or load email

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234176-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 50.74%

A few days ago I got locked out of my system when doing a normal log-in I have a P with XP Pro SP and Zonealarm Pro In User Accounts Cannot In To Xp Log Security Suite firewall antivirus I use Opera and Firefox Cannot Log In To User Accounts In Xp Pro for browsing I have user accounts set up - one privileged Admin and two limited normal user accounts Selecting any of these after a normal bootup will show the user's background screen and then go into the log-off procedure Then I'm back at the log-on screen If I boot up in Safe mode I can get into the Admin account all right I have run Adaware and Spybot and also many online antivirus scanners such as BitDefender eTrust Panda Stinger and others Only a couple of things were found and cleaned up but this hasn't changed the log-in situation I have done a HJT scan and am hoping that something significant shows up in the log Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exeC Program Files Telstra Cable Login bpcable exeC Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exeC Program Files Opera Opera exeC Hijack HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p er ar msnhomeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p B PVER ar homeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SpywareBlock Class - A E F- A- B -B -E C A F - C Program Files SpyCatcher SCActiveBlock dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dllO - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dllO - Toolbar BCEP PowerBar toolbar - be fc- - - fb -be edb - C Program Files BCEP PowerBar tbBCEP dllO - HKLM Run RestoreIT quot C Program Files FarStone RestoreIT RestoreIT XP VBPTASK EXE quot VBStartO - HKLM Run IMONTRAY C Program Files Intel Intel reg Active Monitor imontray exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run BigPondCable quot C Program Files Telstra Cable Login bpcable exe quot rO - HKLM Run BigPond Toolbar quot C Program Files Telstra Toolbar bpumTray exe quot O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeO - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe autoO - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot startintrayO - HKLM Run THGuard quot C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe quot O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run RoboForm quot C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe quot O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEO - Extra context menu item Customize Menu - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComCustomizeIEMenu htmlO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Fill Forms - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI... Read more

A:Cannot Log In To User Accounts In Xp Pro

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41913/cannot-log-in-to-user-accounts-in-xp-pro/
Relevancy 50.74%

I use windows xp and my user accounts are all set as administrators. however only one user seems to have control. others can not open help and support and system restore opens up in a blank window. It seems that any thing regarding Help will not open for these other users.

Thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

First, I apologize if this is the wrong area for this thread. Second, I'm typing this on my DS, so sorry for the brievity and any errors.

A while ago I started having problems with viruses. Last night I ran AVG scan in safe mode on the advice of a friend. This morning I restarted, and have a terrible problem.

My log in screen has no user accounts. Normally it has me and a guest. Instead, it says "other user." If I click on that I get a name/password prompt. No matter what I enter, it says "the specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted." It's also stuck in 800x600 resolution.

Thanks for any help.

A:User accounts gone!

You can fix that with system restore. Go back 3 days before the problem.
Try to access it in safe mode. If normal boot is not available.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ding-safe-mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...safe-mode.html
for Vista, too.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/282508-user-accounts-gone.html
Relevancy 50.74%

How can I change the account type of the "built-in" guest account. if i go onto the control panel and click on the guest account it only gives me two options: change the picture and turn off the guest account.

A:Help with user accounts

You can't change the account type of any of the built in accounts. This is by design.

What are you really trying to accomplish?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-with-user-accounts-666423.html
Relevancy 50.74%

If I'm working on a system with windows XP and let's say it has three user accounts and the system has adware/spyware and/or virus problems.........

Do I have to run scans while under each separate account or do I just do it all under the Administrator account?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,

I am setting up Windows 7 32 Bit Professional machines. Is there a way that I can create a user account, say "Test" and give it a password. However, I don't want anybody logging into that account. When the machine is powered on, it should bypass the "Test" account and proceed to the default screen. The "Test" account is for some Administrative and Server configuration purposes only.

Thanks in advance!

Click on the start button, go to control panel, and select the "user account" . Click on it, and in the resulting page, click here....
It will guide you through.

If you cannot follow it, let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/236946-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi
I have for the first time decided to create and use different user accounts on my XP, and now find that i can't copy and paste between the separate accounts that i have set up, i am using, or i want to use the different accounts for different aspect of a interest that i have, and will need to transfer certain files to other User Accounts, ( i am the User of each account) i thought this would be as simple as Copy and Paste, but it seems not.

so the question is How. !!!!!

It sounds like the information held in memory is cleared out when one user is logged out. If that is in fact the case, copying and pasting between accounts would be impossible

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/238619/user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all -- Control panel gt users shows there are two users me and a guest but when I look in c documents and settings i see other User these What are Accounts? the following user folders administrator alternate default user guest me my name and all users The name of the administrator alternate and guest folders are all colored light blue The other three folders names are in black So does Windows XP create these user folders by default I noticed one subfolder in for example the guest user folder is labeled identity and the folder is named with a long alphanumeric Why do only two users show in Control Panel while other users are named in this other path c What are these other User Accounts? documents and settings etc Is it What are these other User Accounts? safe to delete alternate and default users I found JAVA folders in some of these most JAVA subfolders appear to be empty but a few have files in them I don t want any old JAVA files around Thanks in advance for your input

A:What are these other User Accounts?

<<So, does Windows XP create these user folders by default?>>

Yes, see attachment.

That is just how Windows works. Your questiona about Control Panel/Users...relates to user profiles, persons authorized access/use of the system...the accounts are a subset created for each user, with the username (in my case, Louis) identifying each.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425356/what-are-these-other-user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello  I've just done a complete restore using Samsung Recovery 4 so I can give a clean PC to my granddaughter and an old user account hasn't been deleted.  It contains a number of files and I don't think I should delete it.  I've tried renaming the file but the old name is still there in the list of users and the tree.   Any ideas please?

It contains a number of files and I don't think I should delete it.
What are these "files"?  It may help if you provide more information on these "files".  Are they personal data files?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552357/user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

My computer rins on windows XP home. Ok my computer has 5 user accounts. 2 are password protected and 3 aren't (one of the password protected accounts is mine). So here is my situation; I use iTunes to buy and listen to music ok. Well the people on other accounts want to acces those files too. So that means I need to remove my password so other users can open my documents from their accounts. Ok no problem so I remove my problem thinking everything will be fine. Well when I login to anther account to test if I can listen to my music on the other accounts or not I notice the "Travis's(my) Documents" don't show up on my computer unless I login as me? How do I make my documents accessible like the other users on my computer?

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi

I am using windows XP Operating system in my PC, It is having Two User accounts and one Administrator account. Three accounts are administrator priviledge level user accounts only...
User names are
1. Administrator.
2. Naresh.
3. Network.
Network is the Account which was created recently.. These three accounts are computer administrators only. but the problem is if i access data from "Network", I am able to access the data while i try to save the modifications iam getting problem as "Read only Access Deny",.
I wanna access the three accounts simultaneously and want to save data from three accounts.. pls help me to get this problem solve.

check to see if the permissions were somehow set to read only for the user network. you can check by right clicking the directory and selecting properties. the check the sharing and or security tab and make sure you did not restrict this user.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-accounts-500985.html
Relevancy 50.74%

i was trying to change settings on my modem and now i cant open any other user accounts, when i go to user accounts in the control panel it says i cant change the user account log on to easy mode because i'm in a network but i've only got this one computer, i think i need to stop the network thing but i dont know how any help would be mucho appreciated

Can you access any account with Administrator privileges (even in Safe Mode)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73328/user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

Does having different user accounts affect system speed?I'm assuming all other accounts be logged off while using your account.Is this correct.My son has 3 accounts on his computer this is why I'm asking.

A:User Accounts!

The only way that 3 user accounts would affect speed is if there varying programs to load with each or large amounts of desktop changes or whatever,

That is the only way it should affect the speed of it, I *think* that's my personal take on it,

if you have 3 accounts that all use the default windows wallpaper, with the same desktop addons and startup programs then there wouldnt' be much difference aside from the files that you have in hte my documents folder

Im not 100% sure about what I just said, But to me it makes sense enough to be right

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76928/user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

When I open up the user accounts screen on my windows xp the screen shows up but no icons show up and i cant create an account. Does anyone know why?

try clicking start, run and type nusrmgr.cpl

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/26022/user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm doing battle with a new Dell When I first started the machine it went thru a set-up mode During this time I set up user accounts for myself and family Now I find no way to edit them I was asked to select accept all cookies user accounts prompt to select all cookies and deny all cookies I went for door no Now every time I go on-line I must answer a pop-up about receiving cookies Internet options in control panal will not dissable this mistake Also tried advanced cookie handling with no luck In user accounts addition none of my user accounts other than mine will allow internet access I was quizzed on each user regarding age access restriction etc All user were given access to the internet but no one can get on other than me I need to get back to the set-up options from when I started my computer for the first time How do you do this On my old HP I never bothered with user accounts This worked much better P S Dell support has not been able to help

ok... quite honestly, I'm speaking off my head, but did you check out the user handling interface in the administrative tolls? it's more complete that the easy GUI one.

As for the set up dealy, on my hp laptop the only way to get back there is reinstalling the back up disks... and therefore format your disks...

Hope what little info I gave can help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-accounts-7908.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I had to do a reinstall of Win7-64 OS and think I set up User Accounts incorrectly. In my previous install I had "USER" as well as "Users". USER didn't contain too much, and my name, plus that of my wife were in Users. That's where our individual files stayed. In my reinstall I only have Users, and the only entry there is USER and within that lies my data. My user name shows on a payne, but it doesn't contain anything unique. I'm not sure this makes any sense, but my question is whether I have to start over to get a directory like I had. I'm not sure what I have is correct????

A:User Accounts?

During install it will ask you for your Account name, which will be a quasi-Administrator account since it's assumed this is the owner.

Add additional User Accounts in Control Panel>User Accounts.

You can also change any User account name there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/153963-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 50.74%

WhenI click on browse while trying to change picture, only part of the pictues in My Pictures appear. OK every other program.

There will be a drop down box below the file name of the picture selector. Change it to show all files. Here is a example:Hope it helps!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/5792/user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

i can turn on guest account but it wont log on as guest . i can create new account butt still i always get sent back to my addm account. also cant reteive manangement info such as software enviornment. getting error ox66a?????????????????? please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts.811145/
Relevancy 50.74%

I wanna create a fresh user account with no start up programes or servises just the os with its drivers so is there anyway to do that

Hi moe89 and welcome to W7 Forums

Short answer: No.

Long answer: It could theoretically be possible, but it would involve extensive registry, security, ownership and permissions editing (together with all the problems modifying these items are likely to produce). The easiest thing would be to multiboot (create a 2nd installation) and then only install on that installation the programs you want. Quite why you want such an install that will, by nature, be wide open to malware, is a mystery.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208712-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have searched trying to match my need to many different setups of user.
I have a new laptop. shared by wife and myself. the account is set to administrator. set up user for myself so that I could have certain programs for my use only. when I try to install say Quicken it also appears in our joint account.
how do I get a user account with only my programs and data files on my desktop and not on the main one we both use.
Larry

Hi Larry

Welcome to Seven Forums
Could you clarify as to what exactly you would like to do? Do you want to restrict the quicken application to your user account only or do you want to have separate Quicken accounts for both your wife and yourself?

Regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/91068-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone new here Just moving from XP to Windows and would appreciate the collective wisdom here My girlfriend and I previously shared an XP machine with just a single account This has user 1 or more accounts? worked great password location for files backup cloud mailbox of everything We don't care about having individual wallpapers or individual settings We are very happy just 'sharing' the PC When I consider accounts I see all sorts of problems arising Do we have to have individual Microsoft Accounts Do I have to spend hours trying to get each others calendars email visible to each other without switching User We will both have individual TB of cloud storage How do we keep our joint files photos music etc in 1 or more user accounts? sync I've read on the net 1 or more user accounts? that it's recommended we should have individual User accounts Can anybody give me some good reasons to change and have accounts when we really don' t care about individuality Many thanks for your replies Staffs Lebowski

A:1 or more user accounts?

All of our machines are networked and have only 1 user account. The single user is "transparent" and has no bad side effects. (Unless you really need it, some do, the use of a password may be unnecessary and will allow easy start up.) I do not use HomeGroups and other add-ons in Windows 7. All data on all machines is easily viewed because of the Sharing that is available.
In your case just go ahead and set up a single account as you did in XP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/342666-1-more-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 50.74%

O kay....I need help ! I am using Win XP & I have three user accounts. Our sites are bleeding over on to each other. I was told to go my folder options & check the option to not share this folder or make this folder private. I found this & I have the option , but it won't let me use it. It's shaded out...... How can I fix this ?
Thanks,
Cilki

Who is set up as the machine admin. They may be the one who can do it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-accounts-2279.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I disabled a bunch of user accounts. When I print out a report, it says those people are still enabled. But they cannot log in, so I know they are not. It's good that they can't, but it's bad that my print out says they are !! Do changes take effect after an IPL or a certain amount of time ? HELP! thanks...

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Windows XP and I am (obviously) having trouble. Before, I had three accounts set up on the laptop, two days ago I checked and two were admin. and one was limited. However, since yesterday, it has been asking for a password to enter my main account. I thought nothing of it until I had to access one of the other accounts. I logged off and it wouldnt take me to the Welcome screen. When I checked under USER ACCOUNTS in the CONTROL PANEL it only showed that account and said it was limited, so pretty much I only have one account on my computer and cant add the other ones back on because this one somehow got set to limited. I don't know how any of this happened but how do I fix this so that I can add another account?

A:HELP! User accounts

Have you tried restarting into safe mode (tap F8 on bootup) and using the default Administrator account, which either shouldn't have a password or will have the one you set when installing?

I'd also take a look under Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management> Local Users and Groups>Users. see whats listed there.

Also check Control Panel>System>Advanced>User Profiles and C:\Documents and Settings

Anyway let us know how you get on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-user-accounts.725472/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone I installed windows Ultimate on my work notebook sony vaio As a result I had a local user In order User accounts to connect me to the work domain the IT guy created another user account which was part of the User accounts domain and added this profile to Administrators in windows I had disabled the local user profile and yesterday I decided to delete it During the process it asked me something about the sharing of folders with other users I said no don't remember exactly what the thing is now I have certain folders that have next to them a lock I can access them but I think this has to do with the fact that I deleted the other account Also these folders have the quot read only quot enabled and I cant remove it Moreover I was trying to create it again but I can't really figure out how can User accounts I do that from a domain account to creat a local account How can I fix the issue with the folders and how can I create a local user account from a domain account In general is there any problem potentially that I have only domain account Is it better to have a local account as well and have it disabled Thanks in advance P s forgot to add that now I can't update windows or antivirus from home Before creating the domain account I've done it I have access to internet though no problem Why is that

Just a thought....did you try a system restore back to a couple of days ago (before you deleted the account)??
If you have a good restore point from a couple of days ago you might be able to Un-Do the user account delete that caused your problems.

..like I said, just a thought.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/35133-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 50.74%

On my home computer, two of the users placed passwords onto their accounts which meant that their files could not be accessed to by other users. The users have now deleted the passwords, but I still cannot access to their files from my account. My operating system is Windows Xp by the way. Please help!

Do you have administrative privileges?
Have the users made their files Private?
Have the users encrypted their files using EFS?
Are you using XPPro or XPHome?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/36705/user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

When you use the "hostname" command at the command line, does the hostname match your account name as seen in "Manage Accounts"? Because mine doesn't match. The hostname I see at the command line isn't even in the list of accounts. I'm wondering if that's why my password is rejected at the command line when I use the RUNAS command. The password works fine when logging into my computer and when I change it through Settings.

The Hostname is the name of the computer, not the name of the user. When you install Windows, it chooses a computer name based on your username. However, once this is set it doesn't change unless you manually change it. This has nothing to do with usernames or passwords.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/53687-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I seem to have two new user accounts on my PC:

1) HDSADIM

2) Company Management Account.

Does anybody know what these things are ?

I deleted them last night and they were back on log in this morning. They have passwords and I have no idea what the password is.

How can I keep them from coming back.

Thanks

Ram

You need to delete them from the Administrator's account. For now disable the accounts from the dministrator 's account. If you have a malious program controlling them blocking them may work bette than deleting hem for now. Also set thier accounts type to limited, and restrict them.
Have you run antivirus and antispyware? Do you have a firewall installed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/37917/user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have 2 user accounts on this system, I have noticed that in the new account the programs are there but when you go to use them it wants to install some. Is this going to use up more space on my drive? What are the down points to having seperate user accounts in XP?

Thanks

I am not 100% certain, but if you install the program under the root (ie c:\Program Files) and not in a users program file list (ie c:\documents and setting\User\Start Meun\Program Files) then it should only take up the space of 1 program.

XP is a pig and takes a lot of space on its own, so the last thing you will want is to let it take up more.

My question to you is this: Is there really a need for Multiple User Accounts on your computer? You may just want to look into a folder locking program to protect those files you don't want others to see. There are plenty of free ones out there to try/ buy and that should serve the same purpose (other than setting i guess).

I have a wife and child at home who use the same desktop as i do (when i get off my laptop), and the secure folder program makes it so they can't get into/ mess with, stuff they a> shouldn't see, and b> shouldn't touch.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-accounts-2575.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Greeting All,I am relatively new at computers but I am anxious to learn. I consider myself self-taught and get most of my knowledge from forums like this. Thanks to all that participate.My question involves User Accounts. Everytime someone changes something on their desktop or adds a toolbar, all the other users desktops, etc. changes, too. I thought thats what profiles and user settings were all about - individualized accounts. There are 4 accounts on this machine and all have admin rights. Is there a way for one user to change something and not effect the other users.Thanks again for your time.Manufacturer/model - Hp pavillionOperating System - Windows XP home-sp2Mod Edit: Closed font tag. ~tg~

Hello again. If i need to add more information to this post to help you all with an answer, please let me know. If anyone can give me another site or forum that might be able to help me out, also let me know.

Thanks for your time

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/37771/user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello All,

Could anyone tell me how to permanently remove a user from the system. When using the explore all users on right click start, will removing user folders remove the user?

When I open user accounts in control panel, the only users I see are myself as administrator and guest, but I know there are three other users that I would like to remove. How come I cant see all users as an administrator?

All advice is much appreciated.

Thank you
Darren

Hi there and welcome to BC!There is a great tutorial found here, which i've recommended to people before. It even has pictures so it should be quite easy to follow. There is a set way of deleting an account through the control panel - deleting the specific folders would not remove the account and would most likely bring about a handful of other problems down the line. That's how to delete the account.You say that you can't view the tab of the user you wish to delete - when you boot and get to the log-in screen can you see these users listed? David

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/45986/user-accounts/
Relevancy 50.74%

Windows Pro x I had accounts User user accounts One is me with admin permissions the other is my iPad user They have different copies of iTunes It s easier to keep different devices with different content this way Had a major issue with Office last month ended up having it worked on at a local shop They almost had to completely reinstall office along with some system work that was causing the errorss My problem now is at User accounts the logon screen I have users one is my admin account the other is called other user which is pass worded I am not able access this account This account also does not appear in the control panel in theconfigure users section My iPad user shows up on the control section but does not show up on the logon screen Should I even attempt to fix this or just start all over How would I get rid of the other user account that doesn t show up on the control screen I m really frazzled here As always any comments or flames welcome Tnx

Hello Dusty,

While logged in to your admin account, you might see if the method in the tutorial below may be able to help fix this for you.

Logon Screen - Fix Showing Only "Other User" and Last Logged On User

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/337164-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 50.74%

hi there, just wondering if anyone out there can help me. I currently have two user accounts set up on my computer, if i was to delete one of these what would happen to the information that is saved in that user account and not in the other? Or is there a way that i can move all data (for example music, photos, word docs etc) that are not in account 1 but are in account 2 then delete account 2?

Hope someone can help,

many thanks

A:Help with user accounts??

If you remove the account, everything will be gone. If you want to save data, move it all to an account you plan to keep.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-user-accounts.708068/
Relevancy 50.74%

hi all.

i want to know if there is an easy way of setting up each user account and then going to the next computer and putting there user accounts to that computer. can this be done, any help will be grateful.

ty

No, I don't think there is a way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/85305-user-accounts.html