Windows Support Forum

Lost Summary tab on .AVI properties

Q: Lost Summary tab on .AVI properties

From days it was ok but something has happened to my AVI files after that i mean when i right click any AVI files select properties and click the summary tab it simply shows Summary properties are unavailable for the selected source s instead of the usual details about resolution bit rate codec etc in the advanced view that is quot summary properties are unavailable for the selected source s quot The tab works fine for all other file types but not with AVI i have not moved any files ha me on xp sp amp done some windows update and useing k-lite codec pack I have removed all updates uninstall k-lite and divx tab .AVI on properties Summary Lost too restarted but still same prob Note - i know about this - avicodec duby info dont say to use this az app like MediaInfo is already there in k-lite amp the main prob is about right click properties info plz any one help in this Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lost Summary tab on .AVI properties

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 94.17%

i have asked everywhere but still ..... now this site is my last hope.. plzz help

From 3/4 days it was ok, but something has happened to my AVI files after that ,i mean when i right click any .AVI files, select properties and click the summary tab it simply shows Summary properties are unavailable for the selected source(s) instead of the usual details about resolution, bit rate, codec etc. (in the advanced view that is)

"summary properties are unavailable for the selected source (s)"

The tab works fine for all other file types but not with AVI.
i have not moved any files ha..me on xp sp3 & done some windows update
and useing k-lite codec pack 5.4.0

I have removed all updates,uninstall k-lite and divx too...restarted but still same prob....

plz any one help in this

A:I Lost Summary tab on .AVI properties

P.S
i know about this
Code:
avicodec.duby.info/
... dont say to use this az app like MediaInfo is already there in k-lite.....& the main prob is about right click properties info

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-lost-summary-tab-on-avi-properties-433927.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have just started to color manage my work flow. I scanned some images with no color management as .bmp files, then applied my scanner profile and converted to my workspace, adobe RGB. and saved as .Tiff. No problems so far. As these are very old family photos of relatives I cant readily identify, I decided to go into the Summary page under properties and add a description of who they are. When I attempt to do this, Tiff file/Properties/summary/write info/apply, I get a screen changes to file may not be applied, file may be marked as read only or in use by another application. The read only box on the general page is unchecked? and I have no other application running when I attempt this? This is most frustrating and I would appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/properties-summary.293434/
Relevancy 71.38%

Why do some mp3 files not show the complete list of properties?

When I right click and call up the Properties and then Summary, some of my files only have some of the properties lists. Thme most important one I need is the Music group. Where I can type in the Artist and Album Title.

If they are missing the Music group, how do I get it back or add it?

Thanks

Relevancy 71.38%

When I right click a music file and go to Properties, there should be a General tab and a Summary tab, which would enable me to change the Artist, Genre, etc. The Summary tab is now missing altogether.

I've tried a re-start which didn't work. I did have a virus a few weeks ago which changed most of my file extensions, and I had to do some work in the Registry.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/420515/summary-tab-in-my-documentsproperties-gone/
Relevancy 71.38%

I posted this problem in the photograhpy forum but it might get answered here cause its really a XP problem I have just started to color manage my work flow I scanned some images with no color management as bmp files then applied my scanner profile and converted to my workspace adobe RGB and saved as Tiff No problems so far As these are very old family photos of relatives I File/Properties/Summary cant readily identify I decided to go into the Summary page under properties and add a description of who they are When I attempt to do this Tiff file Properties summary write info apply I get a screen Changes to file may not be applied file may be marked as read only or in use by another application The read only box on the general page is unchecked and I have no other application running when I attempt this This is most frustrating and I would File/Properties/Summary appreciate any help anyone can give Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-properties-summary.294143/
Relevancy 71.38%

I want to add comments to my folders and I read how to do this, only problem is I have no 'Summary' tab in any of my folder properties. What's going on? Can I restore it somehow?

Relevancy 70.52%

My Properties Summary 2007 Excel company just moved us from Office to Office and a few things I used to be able to do seem to be gone now I have two questions that I hope someone can help me with To save a preview picture in Office I have to go to Prepare Properties Document Properties Advanced Properties Excel 2007 Properties Summary and the Summary tab in order to Save Preview Picture In version I had set it up to automatically ask if I want to set properties before saving a file Instead of simple lists I use thumbnails to make it easier to see what files are which in the folders Now I have to go thru all those steps just to save a preview thumbnail Is there a way to tell Office to automatically save a preview picture Is there any way to revert to the old Office look and feel I m going crazy trying to remember where familiar menu choices are in this new program The ribbon is a terrible idea as far as I m concerned It might help people who are new to the software but I ve used every version of Word and Excel since the first iterations and I find it cumbersome and it takes up too much space I m using a laptop as a company computer and the ribbon eats up almost of the screen I found out I can minimize it and have it set up that way but it still makes me crazy that I even have to do that Rant over Thanks for any help you can give me nbsp

A:Excel 2007 Properties Summary

Hi Griduser, welcome to TSG.

1) Unfortunately, in 2007 there's no equivalent of the prompt that was in 2003. However, you can make the process a little quicker by adding the Advanced Properties icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. If you click the down arrow next to the existing icons at the top, you can go to More Commands, choose the Customize tab, change the dropdown to All Commands and then add Advanced Document Properties. If you're sure you want it for all spreadsheets, you could create a template to use with all future workbooks. To do that, you'd need to open a spreadsheet and change that setting and then save it as book.xlt in the XLSTART folder. That won't affect existing spreadsheets, though.

2) Sorry, you're stuck with the ribbon. Microsoft didn't want to provide a way for people to retain the old look and feel. However, if you scroll to the bottom of this page, you can download a workbook with new locations for the old commands. If it's any consolation, I hated the ribbon at first but I'm used to it now and it doesn't bother me. I'm still not sure I understand the impetus for the change, but it doesn't take long to assimilate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2007-properties-summary.959928/
Relevancy 70.52%

I do digital photography but I think this question belongs here I scan images into my computer and save them as TIFF files Since a lot of these photo s are old years I can t identify a lot of the people so what I want to do is enter a brief description of who is in the photo s When Properties/summary Can't save tab info I do a click on Properties/summary tab Can't save info the imagefile Tiff properties Summary tab enter my info and try to apply to save I get a screen telling me changes can not be saved access has been denied file may marked read-only or in use by another application I have checked the general tab and the read only box is unchecked and I have tried this with NO other applications running What gives this one s got me going I hope someone out there can help or steer me in the right direction thanks a whole lot for any help you can give nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/properties-summary-tab-cant-save-info.294548/
Relevancy 70.09%

I too have the exact same problem after running an antivirus program on my computer selected summary properties unavailable for are sources it sound trojans adware all kinds of stuff summary properties are unavailable for selected sources However I summary properties are unavailable for selected sources did a system recovery that took MUCH longer than normal prior to all this to try to fix it and when I went into the system restore it kept saying it was shut off when I fixed that it took about an hour to do the restore when it normally takes minutes I think one of the virus' added something to each picture which is preventing me from viewing it It started with my HP image manager saying the type initializer for Hp cue gallery imagemanager keywords threw an exception but it was letting me at lest preview the pic now nothing at all nothing opens it does exactly as you said shows the size of the file but NO summary at all Any pictures put on AFTER this are readable Whatever it was did something to those files and no luck so far retreiving I've got a good years of pics bdays vacations etc it's all useless atm

A:summary properties are unavailable for selected sources

You should have kept your pictures backed up on a different hard drive, especially as they are important to you and irreplaceable.You will have perform a Factory Recovery if it's a factory-made PC. That will re-install the OS as it was when the laptop was new, it will also eradicate any infections by overwriting everything.Then install some good antivirus software and a third-party firewall (the firewall built-in to XP is not good enough).

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/summary-properties-are-unavailable-for-selected-sources/39773.html
Relevancy 70.09%

i've been looking for a solution to this one for a while...

with certain file types (like png in particular) the fields in properties>summary>simple are greyed out and can't be edited. this is not the case with many other file types like jpg for example.

i use the summary feature quite often to remember stuff about image files. is it true that pngs don't have editable metadata fields?

Relevancy 67.51%

mp3 properties/summary doesnt show + i install software to edit mp3 tags....

and after having installed the AudioShell135 software it doesnt appear to be working, nothing changed under the properties etc, i have used the software before but now have re-installed Vista etc, so its not working after the installation, can anyone kindly suggest some solution for this ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mp3-properties-summary-doesnt-show-i-install-software-to-edit-mp3-tags-413440.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi

I used the file summary info tab on all our ghost file to describe what the image is and also for revision control. However Recently I am required to copy the file to other parties via FTP rather than just copying them over the network. This has resulted in the summary information being lost. The FTP server is using NTFS so all i can assume is that FTP methodology of how a file is copied is differently to how a local network connection file copy is performed.

What I need to know is, is their a setting or a way of configuring the FTP server so that it keeps the file summary information?

Any help would appreciated

A:File summary info lost over FTP

I'm guessing there is not such an option. The summary info is stored in the NTFS stream which doesn't come along for the ride using FTP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-summary-info-lost-over-ftp.918490/
Relevancy 53.32%

I've lost the ability to right click on my desktop and bring up "display properties". Does anyone know where to find this utility in XP? I'm not quite sure how I lost it, but I'd like to get it back ! Thanks...........

Relevancy 52.89%

When I now drag an icon to the desk top, I no longe have the web document tab, so can't make a new icon picture. I have Windows 7 and IE 9 on my computer. I tried the webdoctab.reg fix, but it says that is was not written successfully to the registry.
Wonder what else I can do to get the web document tab to come back.
Thanks,

A:lost the web document tab in icon properties

you didn't specify what you are doing, but just dragging an icon shortcut from your computer (ex) program, or file, will not give you the Web Document tab. This is only if you drag a hyperlink from a web page to your desktop, because that would be a WEB document.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-the-web-document-tab-in-icon-properties-601162.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My picture files are in C Users username My Pictures I want to move them to my D drive I know that this should be done via the quot Location quot tab in quot My Pictures Properties quot Unfortunately this quot Location quot tab is missing the existing tabs are quot General Security Previous Versions Customize My Properties Pictures Location tab lost in quot For comparison the quot Location quot tab does exist in other the user folders e g also in quot Public Pictures Properties quot I have studied amp tried Brink's tutorials on Changing and Restoring User Folders' Location tab lost in My Pictures Properties Default Location implementing his quot Restore Default My Pictures Location reg quot file Even after several - restarts the quot Location quot tab won't show up When I right-click the quot Pictures quot button in the Start Menu and choose quot Properties- gt Restore Defaults quot I am offered quot Public Pictures C Users Public quot in Library Locations This doesn't seem right to me I badly want to get the quot Location quot tab back for quot My Pictures Properties quot so it works like the other user Location tab lost in My Pictures Properties folders but I don't know how Pls help me Cheers Uffe

A:Location tab lost in My Pictures Properties

I'm not sure about the location tab, but have you tried moving them using this context menu add on Context Menu - Add Copy To Folder and Move To Folder[2]=Context Menu, I use this everyday to move stuff around. You can choose exactly where you want to put them with these.
Or even the "send to" menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/74777-location-tab-lost-my-pictures-properties.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a properties my desktop & lost control blue screen and when I go to the desktop properties the tab for background is missing- Here s my HJT list- Any help thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes lost my desktop control & properties C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system lost my desktop control & properties winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C PVSW Bin W DBSMGR EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C UPS WSTD MSSQL UPSWSDBSERVER Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings Rich Gulden Desktop Comp Control Optimizers HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO CodecPlugin Class - A - - CBE-BD -B A - C WINDOWS system RichVideoCodec dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - Global Startup Pervasive SQL Workgroup Engine lnk C PVSW Bin W DBSMGR EXE O - Extra context menu item amp ieSpell Options - res C Program Files ieSpell iespell dll SPELLOPTION HTM O - Extra context menu item Check amp Spelling - res C Program Files ieSpell iespell dll SPELLCHECK HTM O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Lookup on Merriam Webster - file C Program Files ieSpell Merriam Webster HTM O - Extra context menu item Lookup on Wikipedia - file C Program Files ieSpell wikipedia HTM O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button ieSpell - E D B - F D- fee- DF -CA EE B A - C Program Files ieSpell iespell dll O - Extra Tools menuitem ieSpell - E D B - F D- fee- DF -CA EE B A - C Program Files ieSpell iespell dll O - Extra button no name - D F - D B- aea-A -ED B FD E - C Program Files ieSpell iespell dll O - Extra Tools menuitem ieSpell Options - D F - D B- aea-A -ED B FD E - C Program Files ieSpell iespell dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-desktop-control-properties.739300/
Relevancy 52.89%

Something has happened, in my sound and audio devices,under sound tab, several sound icons are missing ????? there are 8 or so icons still there, that seem to work. I noticed this the other day, when my email did not talk to me,,, went to this tab,, and there was no email icon to choose. Set at Windows default,,,, this did mis-behave for a while,,, somehow the email ntify would be set to no sound, I would have to reset it, now email icon is gone ???

I am thinking this is a Windows thing, not a sound card/driver thing. Is there any way to restore the Sound properties, from the WinXP cd or download ????

A:Lost items in sound properties

It seems you're missing some registry keys for the sound events.

Go to Start / Run / type regedit

Look under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\EventLables if any of the keys on the screenshot are missing. You might have to import the reg files from another computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-items-in-sound-properties.805110/
Relevancy 52.03%

I had a version of the Fraud.c virus, and have removed it, but in the process deleted some contaminated files that I probably needed. I don't know which ones, but now I have lost three of the five tabs in my Display Properties menu box. Can I fix this wthout a repair reinstall? I still have my screensavers and wallpapers, even my themes, its just that I can't access them through the Display Properties menu box.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,
I am confused about my computer's recent behavior. While teaching my students about how to locate information on their O/S, installed processor, memory, etc., I navigated to the MyComputer icon on the Windows XP desktop, right-clicked, and then clicked on Properties. This had worked for me in the past, but now nothing happens when I click there. Similarly, when I use the Start key, then Control Panel, Performance and Maintenance, then System (which I think goes the same place) also nothing. Also the control panel selection for adding and deleting programs no longer works. Is this a symptom of an infection? What are my next steps?
Thanks, it seems like you folks are real experts in these issues.

Charlie Jackson,
MUCG IT Lecturer, Ghana

A:Lost MyComputer properties and Add/Remove Programs

Do you have a XP CD?You might try sfc /scannowhttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43051/how-to-use-sfcexe-to-repair-system-files/Also chkdskhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/181197/lost-mycomputer-properties-and-addremove-programs/
Relevancy 51.6%

CD amp DVD drives don t have recording tabs Help OK here s what is going XP, CD's drives tabs can't 'Properties' lost anymore! DVD & burn in CD on Several weeks ago don t remember exactly when mid or late January I was fooling around amp installed some programs so I could convert songs from my phone to a format my computer could read Didn t work I uninstalled it Then a bit later I downloaded a program to ID music by playing it over speaker into the microphone to id a song Uninstalled it too I know one of these programs again don t remember told me to change my default record media from the drive to I think a virtual CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! drive Anyway I think this is what has caused my problem which is I can no longer get CD-R s to burn I have a Dell DImension with Windows XP and when I try to use Media Player to burn songs CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! to a CD it looks as if it is going thru the process but doesn t do it XP and media player recognize the drives and I can play CD s or DVD s just can t get the computer to remember that yes these drives are capable of recording Also when I put a blank CD-R into either drive they show under properties to be full and have CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! no space left on them even though they are new When I go to properties on both drives there is no recording tab so I cannot enable recording I have Googled around and here is what I have tried to do to fix it I used the Microsoft site s suggestion to edit the registry and change the drive values from to or No help I made sure the IMAPI value in Admin Services was on automatic and I force started it No help I went back to the registry and deleted the high filters and low filters in the registry file related to the drives No help I uninstalled the drives in device manager logged off and logged on to reinstall but they already had No help I uninstalled the drives and immediately went to new hardware wizard It found them and installed them No help I reinstalled Nero my burning software No help I went back to Microsoft s site and used the automatic Fix It wizard but it said both drives were not capable of recording bogus since I ve burned I don t know how many CD s since I got this computer in mid I probably forgot some stuff since I have been at this all afternoon and evening but I m really frustrated Both drives were working great forever so I guess when I installed those programs I mentioned earlier it jacked up something I don t think I ve tried to burn any CD s since I got rid of both of those programs up until today when I discovered the problem Thing is I CAN T remember which program had me change the record or burn to feature I think it changed it from the E and D drive to something else but don t remember where or how Yeah I know it was stupid to not write it down and yeah I regret screwing with either program But I d really like some help here if anyone can I appreciate it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-drives-lost-properties-tabs-in-xp-cant-burn-cds-anymore.144176/
Relevancy 51.6%

Not sure why but when I got a windows update earlier in the week, when my laptop rebooted, all my icons had disappeared. I checked up and the icons size etc and made sure it was switched on (icon display) but nothing seems wrong. This happened on my desktop and in file explorer as well. I then thought about changing the theme to switch the icons but I can't find nor access theme chooser. Then tried to see if I could do it manually via properties but that doesn't work either! I'm at a loss to know whats gone wrong. I thought it might be related to the upgrade but uninstalled it and it remained the same. On my desktop all that is there are the names of the files/progs/ etc are there just no icon.
Help!

A:Lost icons and can't access theme change or properties!!

Hi Welcome to Windows Central! Sounds like you might need to do a in-place repair or refresh-reset. Maybe go in to Advanced Startup and try to restore to a earlier time. I'll be logging on and off all day. If you have questions I'll try to help you.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/445186-lost-icons-cant-access-theme-change-properties.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Quite often when copying an EXE file to thumb drive I get this alert

What does it mean. I have not had any install problems so far.

Thank you

A:Lost EXE file properties while copying to a thumb drive

Every file has properties attached to it. Basically , it's information about the file, like this:

In the case of the EXE file above, there isn't much to worry about if they are lost when they are copied. The only time that properties really cause a problem is when you lose the information from photographs and documents. The information may be used by other programs to load information, or to show information about the file.

Basically, Windows is just telling you that the properties will not be copied with the file, and it's checking to see if it's OK with you if they get lost in the copy. It isn't usually a cause for concern.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321367-lost-exe-file-properties-while-copying-thumb-drive.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have a folder of home videos that I 6.41Gb says says folder 2.67Gb, properties properties *.* back up to a USB key with Syncback The key is nearly full and I'm trying to reduce the size of that folder But here's the thing If I folder properties says 2.67Gb, *.* properties says 6.41Gb right-click on my 'Home videos' folder and select 'Properties' it tells me I have files in folders taking Gb However if I open the folder and search for to show all the files then select all right-click 'Properties' it tells me I have files in folders taking Gb Still at the bottom of the Windows Explorer window it says items selected This is the case on both the folder in My Documents on the PC and also the matching folder on the USB key Treesize also shows Gb for both folders In fact as far as I can figure what with everything else on the same USB key there wouldn't even be room for a Gb folder I've tried showing both hidden and system files and folders but there's nothing extra to see Can anyone please explain this anomaly I must be doing something wrong but I can't figure it out

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399832-folder-properties-says-2-67gb-properties-says-6-41gb.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys just built a new rig but not sure at what to value it at. Spec's below

Windows 7 home premium
AMD fx8350 - with h80i cooler
Crosshair V formula
12gb ddr3 1600mhz hyper x savage ram
MSI R9 270x gpu
500w corsair psu
Corsair spec-03 tower
124gb SSD
2tb SSHD

Looking to sell it sometime soon.

Cheers in advance

Relevancy 41.71%

List of fixes included in Windows XP Service Pack View products that this article applies to SUMMARYThis article lists the problems that are fixed in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack SP Service packs are cumulative SP2 - Summary This means that the problems that are fixed in a service pack are also fixed in later service packs For example Windows XP SP contains all the fixes that are included in Windows XP Service Pack SP You Summary - SP2 do not have to install an earlier service pack before you install Windows XP SP INTRODUCTIONThis article contains a list of Microsoft Knowledge Base KB articles that describe the fixes and updates that are contained in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack SP etc etc Does this mean I could re-format reload my winxp pro install the SP and have all the fixes without all the KB Hotfixes that presently show in my Add or Remove Programs List And go without nearly all the recommended updates that are for programs I don t use and or want as well while still being quot protected from the malicious hackers that could take control of my machine quot

A:Summary - SP2

oh, here is the etc. etc.

MORE INFORMATION
Fix list
For additional information about the updates that are included in Windows XP SP2, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: Article number Article title Category
309344 File appears to be deleted although you do not have permissions on the OS/2 Warp4-based server Base operating system
321733 Delayed write failed error message when you write a file to a server Base operating system
324929 MS02-068: December, 2002, Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer Internet Explorer
325929 A null session leak is caused by the GetFileAttributes function on Windows XP clients Base operating system
326661 Access violation occurs when a program makes system calls by using Software Pipelining Optimization on Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Base operating system
326826 Some programs may be slow when accessing files on a network share Base operating system
326863 Operating system throttling does not work Base operating system
327361 NSLOOKUP does not use the suffix search list set by a policy Base operating system
327498 Files may appear to be empty with an older redirector Base operating system
327559 Removable storage recognizes the tape drive, but it does not recognize any media in the drive Base operating system
327933 You cannot browse NetWare volumes when you map drives Base operating system
328237 Some programs do not work as expected when large files are opened Base operating system
328269 Windows XP SP1 may not start with the /3GB or /USERVA switch Base operating system
328284 Some files and folders that are not configured to be made available offline are cached Base operating system
328368 Windows XP CSNW always calls the nearest server for logging on to an NDS tree Base operating system
328570 Existing computers are not updated to the DNS-style domain name after you upgrade the domain to Active Directory Base operating system
328915 100 percent CPU usage may occur under some battery conditions Base operating system
328970 MS02-066: November, 2002, Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer Internet Explorer
329115 MS02-050: Certificate validation flaw might permit identity spoofing Base operating system
329170 MS02-070: Flaw in SMB signing may permit Group Policy to Be modified Management and administration
329390 MS02-072: Unchecked buffer in Windows shell might permit system compromise Shell
329556 Asynchronous NETBios calls from 16-bit programs may not function correctly Base operating system
330089 Large self-extracting program file may not start Base operating system
330232 Debugging cannot debug drivers at boot time Base operating system
330512 The processor performance state is not restored to the maximum state if the CPU runs at 100 percent Base operating system
330909 Hibernation problem on computers with 1 GB of RAM Base operating system
330994 MS03-014: April, 2003, Cumulative Patch for Outlook Express Outlook Express
331044 Files Larger Than 4 GB Are Truncated When You Use an EMC Device with Windows XP Base operating system
331329 Error Message: The Selected Disk Is Necessary to the Operation of Your Computer, and May Not Be Cleaned Base operating system
331988 Bugcheck 0x000000FE Under Stress with USB 2.0 Hard Disks Base operating system
332179 Availability of the Windows XP Service Pack 1 driver that supports the mobile processor power management features of Intel Pentium M (Centrino) processors Base operating system
810064 Short Battery Life on Your Pentium III-M Tualatin Processor Computer Base operating system
810097 The "ipconfig" command does not return connection-specific DNS suffixes for Windows XP Base operating system
810182 The WNetOpenEnum() Function May Not Work If There Are Too Many Open File Handles on a Network Share Base operating system
810186 This Device Cannot Find Enough Free Resources Error Message After You Install Gemplus PCMCIA 400 Smart Card Reader Base operating s... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2118/summary-sp2/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and access window area "local properties" in properties Cannot connection quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv e also tried it jusing the administrator account But it didn t help What is causing this problem and how I fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window.636065/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the access window Cannot in properties" area connection properties "local window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv'e also tried it using the administrator account But it didn't help What is causing this problem and how Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window I fix it Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window-187331.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have two questions regarding my first install with an SSD. First, I'm looking for a quick summary of just what steps should be taken that are different than a mechanical drive install. I've done mechanical drive installs hundreds of times. I've read the tutorial here, and several others, and I'm finding conflicting advice.

Second, has anyone tried the SSD Tweak Utility? It is shown and discussed here:

Maximize SSD Performance with the SSD Tweak Utility - TechSpot

A:Summary of SSD Tweaks

Hello DF.

With the newer SSDs I don't believe any 'tweaks' are really necessary and may hinder performance, the only thing that may be useful, not really sure it makes a difference though, is to align it before the install starts; have a look at this snip for an out-line of the procedure.

SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation
Of course you would not need to do a wipe (clean all) to a new SSD.click to enlarge

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/120330-summary-ssd-tweaks.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I try online scanning and the results is as below My AVG anti virus can t seems to heal any virus anyone can help Infected Object Name Virus Name Last Action C WINDOWS Profiles Administrator WONG Local Settings Temp remove exe data Infected Trojan-Downloader Win Keenval f skipped C WINDOWS Profiles Administrator WONG Local Settings Temp remove exe NSIS infected - skipped C summary virus My Documents and Settings fai Application Data Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v jar java jar- b b- b zip GetAccess class Infected Trojan-Downloader Java OpenConnection My virus summary aj skipped C Documents and Settings fai Application Data Sun Java Deployment cache My virus summary javapi v jar java jar- b b- b zip Installer class Infected Trojan-Downloader Java OpenConnection aj skipped C Documents and Settings fai Application Data Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v jar java jar- b b- b zip ZIP infected - skipped C System Volume Information restore A A - BCF- A- C - F C B C RP A exe stream Script Infected Trojan-Downloader NSIS Agent m skipped C System Volume Information restore A A - BCF- A- C - F C B C RP A exe stream Infected Trojan-Downloader NSIS Agent m skipped C System Volume Information restore A A - BCF- A- C - F C B C RP A exe NSIS infected - skipped Scan process completed nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Is any body knows Why Summar Information (NTFS File System Based) is removed in Windows 7 ?

I have written program to update Title,Author,Comment,Subject etc.. It is still working from Windows 2000/XP/Vista ..

Is it removed or hidden (any tweak needed for that)?

A:No Summary Information

In what context do you mean 'Summary' information?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/17675-no-summary-information.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello guys. I am running windows XP service pack 3. Everything was fine until yesterday i found that my avi file's summary info is missing. The only programs i have installed this week were sonic stage. And i un-installed it too. But it still didn't fixed my problem.

I tried re-installing my codecs, windows media player, associating avi file types with WMP. But to no avail.

I just can't fix the problem. Please guide me.

I really don't wanna do a system restore as ill lose some of my precious data. (that i can't backup anywhere else).

A:AVI summary missing!

Is it ONLY the file summary info that is missing??
Are you able to play videos??
If yes,then its a common bug that makes XP not show any files's summary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/avi-summary-missing-464749.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I am unable to resolve this Vulnerabilities on my PC's which are on domain.

Error message:
MS15-124: Cumulative Security Unable for Internet Explorer (3116180)
Version of Windows 7 and current version of 11 Internet Explorer

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/833c3d2d-1bb8-4e47-bf1f-069f727ecb3b/vulnerability-summary?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello Friends,

I have a Sales Report of an entire month. I'm looking for quick summary. Eg. If I select a particular date from drop down menu, then only corresponds data should appear. The Data is in 'DW' Tab.

Apart from this, I'm also trying to get comparison chart as to which Store is doing better among all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
MRK

A:Dashboard Summary

Hi there,
I had alraedy downloaded your file som time ago but due to a short vacation did not get to do anything with it.
In the D W sheet you have a cumulative table at the end (columns WW-XV and if I see this correctly it's the sum of the equivalent cells fo the 31 tables.
With date you probably mean the day which is shown in row 1 and goes from 1 to 31
I am guessing you have a similar file for each month of the year?
Is it an option to have the tabel you have placed at the end be placed in the Summary sheet? then all you would need to do is build a filer that would only show the required data.
The comparisson chart could be placed next to it.
I work better if I see an idea, can you attach a chart showing what you would like to see?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dashboard-summary.1147907/
Relevancy 41.28%

-Windows XP SP - I recently encountered a problem where the properties summary tab containing EXIF data was missing when I right clicked on a jpg image After an extensive Google search I kept coming up with the same basic solutions Register Shimgvw dll Click Start Run and type REGSVR SHIMGVW DLL Confirm that HKEY CLASSES ROOT SystemFileAssociations image ShellExPropertyHandler is set to eb b - b - e - a-a bc d fe Confirm that HKEY CLASSES ROOT jpg REG SZ PerceivedType value is set to image Unfortunately these procedures didn t solve my problem I finally wound up comparing the registry of my problem machine with one that was working correctly By doing so I determined that a critical registry entry was missing HKEY CLASSES ROOT ShellEx PropertySheetHandlers C -BF - D -BE - B A Once I inserted this key the summary tab reappeared and everything appears to be back to normal I m not sure what deleted the PropertySheetHandlers key but I suspect it was my over zealous use of a registry cleaner I hope this helps someone else who has been frustrated by this rather perplexing problem If your having this problem and you find that the PropertySheetHandler key is missing you can replace it by simply creating a new text file naming it summary reg and pasting the following into the body Windows Registry Editor Version HKEY CLASSES ROOT shellex PropertySheetHandlers C -BF - D -BE - B A quot Summary Properties Page quot Save the file run it and confirm that you want to add the data to your registry As always just to be on the safe side you should make a backup copy of your registry before you add this key Good luck nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-summary-tab.767381/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there,

I use Windows XP Pro and every so often use the Disk check facility, using both the Auto Fix and Scan. Once it's finished going through the motions, there is a summary at the very end BUT it only stays there for a second before rebooting. Is there any way I can have the summary stay on screen for longer so I can see what it actually says? Or maybe it's somewhere on my computer?

Many thanks

A:Solved: CHKDSK Summary

Hi Morny,

Go to Administrative Tools > Event Viewer > Application, double-click on the most recent Winlogon event.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-chkdsk-summary.967377/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi guys n Gals could anyone help me with formulas in excel to create a summary sheet i currently have a workbook with sheets all named differently according to area of the business i am in and need to take only certain figures from certain pages onto the summary page so kitchen kitchen i kitchen i dry dry i drinks cupboard drinks cupboard i drinks cupboard i i have tried SUM then shift clicking the relevant sheets and in this case i want to include and the lines on them sheets but when i excel summary sheet got to do my next line on the summary page and do the SUM shift click but it always includes the preceding sheets figure to i dont know if what i have written makes any sence but i hope it does any help would be greatly appreciated as i am a complete novice many many thnx in advance mart i will upload a pic of the summary page which should make sence of what i just wrote nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

Can someone please help !!!!
For some reason the summary tab on all my media files (mp3's mpegs avis etc) has disappeared.

(ie right click properties- the general tab appears but not the summary tab. This is where you enter the file details like genre, artist etc).

As well, when the files are viewed in Win explorer none of the details except he file name appear.

All the exif data however, is still contained in the mp3's etc as I can still view/edit using third party software like winamp or itunes.

Any ideas on how to turn the summay tab back on please

Hermione

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello guys

I have a PDF ebook has more than 800 pages,
usually when I open it there is an index summary on the left side showing the chapters and page numbers etc, easy to navigate between the ebook parts,
I was about to click something in there suddenly the index list disappeared and became!
just appeared as normal file, very hard to manage such large chapters with out this index summary,

I will appreciate if any idea to help get this summary idex appear again.. it's very important, with lot of thanks in advance,

Kind Regards

A:how to disply the index summary in PDF?

I can only describe how to do it for the latest version (Adobe Reader X).

Open a pdf document.
In the menu-bar, click on View >> Show/Hide >> Navigation Panes >> Page Thumbnails

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-disply-the-index-summary-in-pdf.983269/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello. I'm looking for a way to modify the Registered Username in XP. My guess is that it's probably not the most simple of tasks, but it can be done-- and maybe it even is fairly simple anyway.

I know there are some nice utilities out there for viewing the info, and even some for changing the Windows XP Key itself , but I merely want to change the OS: Reg User (and Reg "company", if possible too), which seems to be part of the info which is changed w/ a Key Changer, but any that i've come across don't offer to change that bit of data.

anyone know what i could change manually w/ regedit, or know of a utility that i'm missing while googling? thanks!

A:OS: Registered User | OS: Reg's Summary

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_change_owner.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-registered-user-os-regs-summary.414517/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hya I ve inhererited a spreadsheet at work which I update on a regular basis The role of the book is to list all our School Doctors The Schools they cover The School Nurse who also covers the school amp the amount of pupils Each Dr has their own sheet Each sheet has a columns for the schools for the nurse amp for the number of pupils ie School Nurse Pupils Any School Any Nurse Another School Another Nurse etc etc Because some of the nurses appear on a number of different sheets I m finding it hard to check i ve got all the correct schools for each nurse So I was wondering if I could do a sort of Summary Sheet which would list all the schools for a relevant nurse ie Nurse School School Nurse School School etc etc I know I could probably do this easier in Access but I m loathe Excel Sheet Summary in to use it as when I leave here shortly know will know how to use it Thanks Gogs nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi
I'm wondering is there is a fix or patch to this problem...
I'm running Windows XP home addition [SP2 is not installed].
I always loose the summary tab on file proporties when I copy any file to an external drive. This doesn't happen if I copy the file to any directory on my hard drive. Is there a way I can copy files; lets say to a DVD and not loose the summary info.
Thanks,
Ted

A:summary tab on file proporties

Summary tab? The only ones I have are general, sharing and customize.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/summary-tab-on-file-proporties.291358/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

Hoping you can help. I have an excel spreadsheet which contains several sheet containing company spend (a budget spreadsheet) for each region.

Each sheet contains the follwoing fields:

Date of Ordering
Date Invoice received
Invoice Number
Purchase Order Number
Market
Description
Status
Cost

I want to create a couple of sheets; one that will list every record in the workbook (displaying the following fields: Date Description Cost Status) and another summary sheet which will display all of the records in the workbook where the status matches "purchase order".

I have a feeling it's something to do with Lookups or something similar but I'm clueless when it comes to these.

If anyone can help that will be great.

Relevancy 40.85%

I would like to know how to print the parental controls Summary of Computer Activity Reports of my kids computer useage. I have a Gateway computer and the print screen button doesn't do anything. Can anybody help me get these reports printed?

A:Summary of Computer Activity

I think the only way would be to view them in Event Viewer, right-click the event and Save Selected Event as text and print from that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/258286/summary-of-computer-activity/
Relevancy 40.85%

when exporting a Numbers doc (mac) to Excel a very nice summary sheet of all tabs is created with hyperlinks to those tabs. I'd like to create a tabs summary within excel itself (on a mac). Thanks for any information!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tabs-summary-in-excel.882107/
Relevancy 40.85%

One can store summary information for any file on a NTFS drive with properties --> summary. The summary info is stored as a NTFS alternate data
stream. Only for MS Office files, the information is stored inside the main stream (the file itself).
Now I can't see / edit the summary info for PNG files. What's happening? I quess WinXP tries to make use of the fact that PNG files can store text strings, like author, inside the PNG file, but that there is a problem with the filter of something like that.

I like to store summary data for PNG files.
Anybody suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-summary-info-for-png-files.91811/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have built a rather complex set of tables in a report and I was hoping to build a summary table at the front of the report and pull the data from the complex table's cells (The table data is mostly text). This way as I work through updating the complex table the summary information is automatically updated.

Is this possible?

Thanks
Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-summary-table-in-ms-word.323690/
Relevancy 40.42%

So from learning about raid, are these right?

RAID 0 - Combine two or more hard drives together, making them into one big one, which also may make them go faster.

RAID 1 - Two or more hard drives duplicate each other exactly at all times.

A:Super summary of these RAID types.

Well, most RAID levels combine many hard drives together to make them look like one or many bigger ones.

It's more like:
RAID0 - spread data across all drives evenly for faster read/write.
RAID1 - two hard drives duplicate each other. Faster read times come as a bonus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/super-summary-of-these-raid-types.66410/
Relevancy 40.42%

I am kept quite busy with clients running into Windows upgrade issues invariably from older machines i would criticise Microsoft for insufficient information in regard to the process Here are a summary of some of the issues Window compatibility appraisal is often wrong or rather omits items that won't work in Some manufacturers such as Asus are not updating their software drivers for Win Older printers won't workQuicktime current release is not compatibleMany programs have a send to email function in many cases this no longer worksIf you don't have the very latest AV release folks run into win 7 upgrades issues Installation re Summary of probs Summary of Installation issues re win 7 upgrades must have the current release Folks running XPMode cannot upgrade There are other aspects which Microsoft sees as an enhancement but are a retrograde step eg chkdsk info at boot time is like defrag on Vista - unhelpful Windows Update - not being able to schedule some of the very big updates ie new release can take forever and have repercussions on internet usage costs not just for laptops either - not sensible The way apps are displayed and scroll down is unhelpful and slow I could go on so at the moment I am sticking to Win - in my humble opinion Win XP was the best OS that MS have produced to date shame they no longer support it Lets see if MS addresses some of the criticisms of Windows eventually

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/41999-summary-installation-issues-re-win-7-upgrades.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi everybody!

I have a big issue with word!

I am working with a SQL Server 2000 Database and I am trying to make emailing based on 2 related tables.
I tried with Crystal Report 8.5 and Word XP 2002. CR can't make emailing but only mailing so I am using word.

Emailing works perfectly with Word XP (2002) only if it's related to one table.

I want to send to each customer his own invoice summary by email. The invoices for the same customer have to be grouped together in the same email. So I have to use the customer table AND the Invoice table (1-n relation) eg : (see attached File)

Thanks for your help

Elodie

A:Emailing Invoices Summary with Word XP

I would merge the data to a new Word document. Save the document under the customer name and then send. There is a lot of problems with e-mailing info that is being pulled from a data source. If the merge has already taken place (as in saving to a document), it will be no problem.

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emailing-invoices-summary-with-word-xp.161865/
Relevancy 40.42%

Published April The security updates for April include several high-priority updates for Microsoft Windows and Summary Updates Security Windows Microsoft Internet Explorer a component of Windows If you have any of the software listed on this page installed on your computer you should install the related update --- Windows Security Updates Summary for April Security Bulletin MS - Maximum severity Important What is maximum severity Update number What is an update number Supported software affected Windows Service Pack SP and SP Windows XP SP and SP Windows XP Windows Security Updates Summary -Bit Edition SP Itanium Windows XP -Bit Edition Version Itanium Windows Server Windows Server for Itanium-based Systems Technical bulletin Vulnerability in Windows Shell That Could Allow Remote Code Execution Security Bulletin MS - Maximum severity Moderate Update number Supported software affected Windows SP and SP Windows XP SP Windows XP -Bit Edition SP Itanium Technical bulletin Vulnerability in Message Queuing Could Allow Code Execution Security Bulletin MS - Maximum severity Important Update number Supported software affected Windows SP and SP Windows XP SP and SP Windows Security Updates Summary Windows XP -Bit Edition SP Itanium Windows XP -Bit Edition Version Itanium Windows Server Windows Server for Itanium-based Systems Technical bulletin Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel Could Allow Elevation of Privilege and Denial of Service Security Bulletin MS - Maximum severity Critical strong Update number Supported software affected Windows SP and SP Windows XP SP and SP Windows XP -Bit Edition SP Itanium Windows XP -Bit Edition Version Itanium Windows Server Windows Server for -Bit Itanium-based Systems Technical bulletin Vulnerabilities in TCP IP Could Allow Remote Code Execution and Denial of Service Security Bulletin MS - Maximum severity Critical Update number Supported software affected Internet Explorer SP on Windows SP Internet Explorer SP on Windows SP Internet Explorer SP on Windows Me Internet Explorer SP on Windows SP on Windows SP or on Windows XP SP Internet Explorer SP on Windows on Windows SE or on Microsoft Me Internet Explorer for Windows XP SP -Bit Edition Internet Explorer for Windows Server Internet Explorer for Windows Server -Bit Edition and Windows XP -Bit Edition Version Internet Explorer for Windows XP SP Technical bulletin Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer Check the VersionIf you are not sure whether the software you are running is affected check the version Get instructions for how to check For More InformationFind support information about these security issues in the Microsoft Knowledge Base KB KB KB KB KB

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/15734/windows-security-updates-summary/
Relevancy 40.42%

After completing a new Belarc Advisor download and completing the following gt steps as suggested by Belarc Advisor s tech support gt gt It s best to get the latest version of the Advisor from gt http www belarc com free download html gt and check to see if your issue has already been resolved gt If you are finding that your browser is not showing your Belarc Summary at freezes Advisor 96% PC s Belarc Advisor gt profile please try the following Belarc Advisor Summary freezes at 96% steps gt Open Internet Explorer gt Select File gt Open gt Select Browse then navigate to the following directory gt c program files Belarc Advisor Summary freezes at 96% belarc advisor system tmp gt In this directory you will find a file named like computer name html gt Please highlight this file and select Open gt When you don t see your PC s profile that s caused by Windows being gt mis-configured so that it doesn t use your web browser to open files with the gt html file extension This usually happens when you switch the web browser gt you use or install an application that helps view or edit web content You gt can fix this in the Folder Options Control Panel On the File Types tab gt select the HTML extension and click the Change button to set your browser gt to be used for HTML files gt gt gt I am still have the same problem where the program stops responding after completing of the summary gt profile Please note that there is no computer name html listed in the tmp gt directory you referenced above I have insured that html files in my option gt folder are to open with IE which is my default web browser gt gt Please help me figure out why my computer is not being recognized by the gt program I ran a Belarc Advisory summary successfully on gt gt Your earliest response is most appreciated again nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

I know a little bit about a few things such as the formulas amp stuff on this worksheet BUT Macro s are something I know literally nothing about except that they are magic I have been online trying to learn but nothing I have learned will help with this task I need an expert to a tell to consolidate Macro to summary w/sheets me if this can be achieved and b How The example attached has dummy info but is laid out exactly as my actual documents The example has sheets to be consolidated into one summary - I have laid out an example of what the summary should look like or something similar My actual file could have any where between - in a period - which would change each period I don t want to enter useless information in this post so if you have a look amp would like to help pls let me know if there is anything else you require Fingers Crossed as this is getting desperate Thanks nbsp

A:Macro to consolidate w/sheets to summary

Hi welcome to the forum,
This is not something that can be done just like that.
This needs thinking and probably you'll have to think of it like a small project.
If your macro knowledge is very limited then I think you'll have to call in someone which will probably have a fee attached to it but then you can build a working application.
A macro is nothing more than a set of instructions that tells Excel where you want what under waht conditions to go where.
If you record a simple macro yourself (that's how most of use have started) and then look at the code and translate it for yourself you will start disvovering that all that magic is nothing more than a logical set of instructions that do exactly what you tell it to do, nothing more nothing less.
You will have to include tests and conditions and of course this file of yours is not something you can do with the first simple steps but in the long run it will be possible.
Somebody that has the time to figure it out and if you have the time to wait is what you need.
IYou saved the file as xlsx so I imagine you'r at least using Excel version 2007 but you should always mention the Excel version in your post description.
Give the above a thought, I've taken a look at the file, looks nice and a quick glance has given me an idea of what you want but the follow-up, that'll be the tough one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-to-consolidate-w-sheets-to-summary.1090397/
Relevancy 40.42%

AV-C is an independent group that uses multiple tests throughout AV-Comparatives: Summary Report 2015 the year to evaluate many aspects of AV solutions including both free and paid AV-Comparatives: 2015 Summary Report products and standalone and security suites They recently AV-Comparatives: 2015 Summary Report released a summary of their tests of some popular products including awards given and a very comprehensive review of each product You can access their results in pdf format here www av-comparatives org summary-reports Comments - The only free AV to be awarded a quot Top Rated Product quot was avast free nbsp Advanced Advanced Standard - Panda free AV was awarded at least an quot Advanced quot ward in the tests it participated in Advanced Advanced - Windows Defender Free aka MSE got the highest marks for the fewest false positives - Emsisoft Anti-Malware the paid product was also a quot Top Rated Product quot I mention this only because I ve used the free version for years as an on-demand scanner Presumably some of the goodness of the paid version rubs off - For those contemplating which security solution to choose this is a good read

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19669232
Relevancy 40.42%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss a process this summary have an of computer,is infected I exe C WINDOWS I have an infected computer,is a summary of this process system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe I have an infected computer,is a summary of this process C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exe C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU I have an infected computer,is a summary of this process exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesService exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe C WINDOWS system mspaint exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bigseekpro com pdfcreator E AAA DC- EED- E-AD -B E FCE R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http www crawler com search ie aspx tb id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main CustomizeSearch http dnl crawler com support sa customize aspx TbId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bigseekpro com pdfcreator E AAA DC- EED- E-AD -B E FCE R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http dnl crawler com support sa customize aspx TbId R - URLSearchHook no name - F F C D- C - A-B B - - no file R - URLSearchHook shARES Toolbar - c b - e- c -bc -fc - C Program Files shARES tbshAR dll O - BHO shARES Toolbar - c b - e- c -bc -fc - C Program Files shARES tbshAR dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files AskSBar bar bin ASKSBAR DLL O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files AskSBar bar bin ASKSBAR DLL O - Toolbar shARES Toolbar - c b - e- c -bc -fc - C Program Files shARES tbshAR dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe quot hide waitservice O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User SERVICIO LOCAL O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User Servicio de red O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User SYSTEM O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User Default user O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe User Default user O - Startup lnk C WINDOWS system E ECB EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xportar a Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab O - Service Autodesk Licensing Service - Autodesk - C Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exe O - Service ESET HTTP Server EhttpSrv - ESET - C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security EHttpSrv exe O - Service ESET Service ekrn - ESET - C Program Files ESET... Read more

A:I have an infected computer,is a summary of this process

Hi, Welcome to Bleeping Computer.My name is Shannon and I will be working with you to remove the malware that is on your machine.I apologize for the delay in replying to your post, but this forum is extremely busy.Please Track this topic - On the top right on this tread, click on the Watch Topic button, click on 'Immediate Email Notification', and then click on the Proceed button at the bottom.Do Not make any changes on your own to the infected computer.Please set your system to show all files.Click Start, open My Computer, select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.Select the View Tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading, select Show hidden files and folders.Uncheck: Hide file extensions for known file typesUncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.Click Yes to confirm.Now, let's look more thoroughly at the infected computer -We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner, but, first, we need to disable your CD Emulation drivers.Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.Do not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Next, please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.Once you have the above logs, click on the Add Reply button below, copy in the DDS log, and include the Attach.txt and the GMER log as attachments. Also include any comments that you might have concerning the infection(s) and the infected computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407915/i-have-an-infected-computeris-a-summary-of-this-process/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi All,

If I need to know the total number of apples with price more than 11 dollars, how do I find out from below mentioned data? Is there any options other than using "If" condition? I do not want to use "IF" since there total number of records are more than 2000.

SNOItemprice1 Orange122Apple153Mango174Apple125Mandarin156Mango107Orange178Apple9

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi!

I am using Windows XP 64-Bit edition and I have encountered strange problem. I have noticed that Artist and Album columns of my MP3 files are empty. I immidietly checked summary properties of files, and I was quite suprised to see that only Track Number, Title and Comments were options offered to edit. Then I checked directory with some pdf files and noticed that Author column of all files are empty, and upon attempt to edit summary, that option was not included. Only type of file for which Author column is normaly displayed are office documents. How to solve this problem?

A:Inability to edit file summary

Check to see if they are marked Read Only.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inability-to-edit-file-summary.1035219/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,
I'm a first-time user of OneNote - any helpful tips/summary would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

A:OneNote - any helpful tips/summary

if you use firefox you can add the add to one note addon

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...nenote/?src=ss
or chrome...
Clip to OneNote 3.2.1 | OneNote PowerToys

plus there is a nice software developed for onenote called canvas.
( the whole site is interesting)
Canvas for OneNote | OneNote PowerToys

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/235855-onenote-any-helpful-tips-summary.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Programming from the Ground Up Book - from Programming the Summary Up Ground Book - Programming from the Ground Up Book - Summary Summary This project is not part of the GNU Project Programming from the Ground Up Book - Summary This is an introductory book to programming and computer science using assembly language It assumes the reader has never programmed before and introduces the concepts of variables functions and flow control The reason for using assembly language is to get the reader thinking in terms of how the computer actually works underneath Knowing how the computer works from a quot bare-metal quot standpoint is often the difference between top-level programmers and programmers who can never quite master their art Click to expand Although I started programming with Fortran and then PL - I took a course in IBM assembler language for the very reason cited above - then I went on to get an MS in Computer Science and worked in the software engineering field I highly recommend the above book to become a top-level programmer that will enable mastery of the art and science of software engineering and system software programming at any level Note emphasis on the word enable - i e you have to make it happen - taking a course will not do that in the real competitive world of employment these days -- Tom nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programming-from-the-ground-up-book-summary.964265/
Relevancy 40.42%

hi there,
i have jsut recently installed a MB moninter program,
does any one know wat the following menus mean:
+12V
+5V
+3.3V
VCore

i have attached a screen shot of the program running

A:Asus MB probe, Moniter summary

12/5/3.3 are the output voltages from your PSU on those three rails.
VCore is the CPU voltage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mb-probe-moniter-summary.24565/
Relevancy 40.42%

AV-comparatives released The award "Product of the Year 2009" for each category:

AV-Comparatives - Independent Tests of Anti-Virus Software - Summary Reports

Overall Product of the year:
GOLD: Symatec
Silver: Kaspersky
Bronze:ESET

But look at full report there are a lot of categories and runner-ups.
At the end there is summary comments of all products..
http://www.av-comparatives.org/image...ummary2009.pdf

A:Av-comparatives Summary Report 2009!

Looks like Symantec got it this year.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/49201-av-comparatives-summary-report-2009-a.html
Relevancy 40.42%

hello my first post here, something that has been annoying me for a while...

anyway... some of my media files show the summary (artist, source, date etc.) when the cursor hovers above the file and some don't, even though the summary has been edited. also some files have much smaller summaries than other files that are the same type. why is this? or more importantly what can be done to correct this?

hope this makes sense...

thank you advance, any help much appreciated

callum

Relevancy 40.42%

I'm sure someone in this group can answer my question. Being used to using SCANDISK in Windows 98, I'm trying to get used to the CHKDISK in Windows XP. I've gotten to the point where I know how to set it so that CHKDISK runs immediately after I do a restart, taking about an hour for it to complete on my PC. My question is do I physically have to be at my machine when it completes to see the final diagnosis since the results just scroll off the screen? (I know that each stage leaves its own messages on the screen, but unless you happen to be at the PC for the final stage, you'll miss the messages pertaining to that stage) Is there a way to retrieve the diagnosis messages, or does the fact that the messages disappear indicate that there is no problem?

A:Retrieving CHKDISK Summary in Windows XP

You can find it in the event viewer, look at the Winlogon entries.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/retrieving-chkdisk-summary-in-windows-xp.285375/
Relevancy 40.42%

I use Excel to prepare payroll for my staff. I have 12 workbooks, one for each month. Each workbook has 3 spreadsheets (departments). Each spreadsheet has 4 tables, one below the other depending how many weeks the month has. Each table has headings for name of employee, rate, social security... and so forth.

I am looking for a way to compile all these workbooks in a way such that I get a total (cumulative) for the entire year for every employee his/her total gross pay, social securities, and the count (no. of weeks worked) - all this into a single table, preferably new workbook.

If this can be done through Excel or Access, please help me. If not, can someone recommend me a payroll program where I prepare payroll, customize social securities, pay date, deductions, additions, hours/day pay by class and get monthly or annual reports such as I am asking.

I have attached a sample of the workbook.

Relevancy 40.42%

On October Microsoft released a Technical Preview of the latest version of its Windows operating system Windows It is freely available for anybody to download by joining the Windows Insider Program you can find more details here Before you do though you should be aware Privacy Windows Summary 10 Policy of those pesky terms and conditions in the program's Privacy Policy Of course there are the usual policies When you acquire install and use the Program Microsoft collects information about you your devices applications and networks and your use of those devices applications and networks Sounds fair But thats not all Examples of data we collect include your name email address preferences and interests browsing search and file history phone call and SMS data device configuration and sensor data and application usage Thats getting a lot more personal now Microsoft then go on to explicitly state the sort of things they will collect information about your device and applications and use it for purposes such as determining or improving compatibilityuse voice input features like speech-to-text we may collect voice information and use it for purposes such as improving speech processingopen a file we may collect information about the file the application used to Windows 10 Privacy Policy Summary open the file and how long it takes and use it for purposes such as improving performanceenter text we may collect typed characters and use them for purposes such as improving autocomplete and spellcheck features That last bullet is important Any text you enter may be recorded and collected This is the definition of a keylogger Additionally they may collect IP address network status operating conditions and information about devices and software used with the Program Just to reiterate by using the program you are explicitly giving Microsoft information which can be used to identify you identify where you live and also your private information communications and data Of course Microsoft states that this information will only be used to further develop and improve the Technical Preview By using the program you are trusting Microsoft to safely store all your personal data and to use it for the sole purpose of improving the program You may be happy with this but you should definitely be aware of it Additionally Microsoft go to great pains to stress that the Technical Preview should not be used on your daily system So if you're just using it to test it out and get a feel for the next version of Windows then perhaps consider not linking your primary Microsoft Account to the OS - perhaps set up an account specifically for testing Run in to trouble while trying the new OS or have questions you'd like answering Or perhaps you just want to share your experiences with Windows Then feel free to post here in our Windows forum This topic was created to keep our users informed of what exactly they're signing up to by running Windows We make no claims about how Microsoft may or may not use your data and we specifically do not advise our users to install or not install the Preview

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551623/windows-10-privacy-policy-summary/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a report that has groupings Emp Paycoe and summary Reports question Crystal report 10 - dept the totals I am working with are at the lowest level grouping of dept I have total Crystal Reports 10 - report summary question dollars and hours summed to the group level and then I have some custom fields that are calculated Crystal Reports 10 - report summary question at the group level that are not part of the detail line For example Total dollars total hours to get average pay a custom to add to base average pay Then another field that calculates new total dollars based on new average base rate Once I get the new adjusted dollars I am taking the difference between this and the old dollars For each employee for each pay code type I need to sum this Difference field up in the Report footer But if I try to use the sum function the field is not available to sum - If I try to sum it in a custom field I get a message - this field can not be summarzied It is not available in the running totals I can t see how I could get if from a sub report but maybe I am missing something Has anyone had to do something like this and if so how did you get around this The fields are numeric nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crystal-reports-10-report-summary-question.884249/
Relevancy 39.99%

In windows updates past, both server and client I was able to print out what updates I installed. Now we fast forward to windows 7 and for the life of me I can't find where to print out these updates. Can anyone help!

A:Can I print out a summary page of the updates I installed

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

You can check which updates you installed in Action Center.

Click Start – Control Panel – System and Security – Action Center

On the left bottom, click “Windows Update”, Then choose “View update history”.

For print it out, you can also run cmd, input systeminfo, then you can see the results.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Miya Yao
TechNet Subscriber Support
in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact
[email protected] posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer
your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b7cb5711-49d2-4cf1-b54a-16ba3511a1bc/can-i-print-out-a-summary-page-of-the-updates-i-installed?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 39.99%

I'm not sure that this is even possible, but I'm going to attempt it...
My goal is to have my first sheet as the "Summary", which will have the exact same layout as all the other sheets. Now I'm looking to make a formula where people can add sheets to the workbook and the summary will be able to recognize that and add those new sheets into the summary page.
This is for my job. Basically, each year schools have to fill out information about their buildings and there was talk of some of the schools being interested in having a document where they can go classroom to classroom, gather the numbers they need, put it into a document and then have another section that adds up all that information collectively (aka the summary sheet.)

Is this even possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated!\

Melissa

A:Excel; summary sheet with multiple sheets

Sure it's possible, you will run into the fact that if opened at the same time (network?) you'll have to open it as shared.
I'm not that good at shared files but I'm sure one of the other members does.
If you place a sample with some data we can have a look.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-summary-sheet-with-multiple-sheets.905851/
Relevancy 39.99%

I am getting a summary sheet, a blank sheet, my document and then another blank sheet every time I print from excel.  This only happens with excel documents and it happens no matter what printer I try to print to.  I am using Windows 7 and Office 2010.  As suggested by Microsoft I  closed the Document Properties panel and that did not change anything.  Any suggestions?

A:How do I stop Excel from printing a Summary Sheet

Do they all show up on the print preview?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584626/how-do-i-stop-excel-from-printing-a-summary-sheet/
Relevancy 39.99%

US-Cert has published a year-end list of new software vulnerabilites REPORTED in 2005:There were 5198 reported vulnerabilities: 812 Windows operating system vulnerabilities; 2328 Unix/Linux operating vulnerabilities; and 2058 Multiple operating system vulnerabilities.For the complete list see:http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/bulletins/SB2005.htmlRegards,John_____________________Edit and Note (1/6/06): this report is not without its critics, especially from the open source community. For a summary of some of the questions the report raised, see the article from ZDUKNet:http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/linuxunix...39245889,00.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39954/cyber-security-bulletin-2005-summary/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a GMER report also DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Tom Drill at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchC WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcssC WINDOWS System svchost browser poisoned my Ebay HIJacked is summary exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice HIJacked browser my Ebay summary is poisoned exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files IObit IObit Security IS srv exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files HIJacked browser my Ebay summary is poisoned Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program HIJacked browser my Ebay summary is poisoned Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files QuickTime QTTask exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files HP HP Officejet Pro K Series Toolbox HPWUTBX exeC Program Files IObit IObit Security IS tray exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BackWeb- exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exeC Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint KEM exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqnrs exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files IObit IObit Security is exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation infocard exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Documents and Settings Tom Drill Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE NDIMH XN dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blankuSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp ymj http www yahoo comuDefault Page URL hxxp www msn commSearch Page mWindow Title Microsoft Internet Explorer presented by ComcastmSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search htmluInternet Settings ProxyOverride localhostuSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo commSearchAssistant hxxp www comcast net toolbar search uURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dlluURLSearchHooks H - No FileuURLSearchHooks H - No FileuURLSearchHooks IObitCom Toolbar c d - cc - f - dca-fc b - c program files iobitcom tbIObi dllmURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a... Read more

A:HIJacked browser my Ebay summary is poisoned

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295107/hijacked-browser-my-ebay-summary-is-poisoned/
Relevancy 39.99%

When user prints a word document, a summary page prints for each documentgiving a description of the document (Filename, Directory, Title, Ssubject, creation date, number of pages, number of word, etc). User is using Office XP.

What do I need to turn off or fix ?

Thank you

A:MS WORD - Summary page prints after every print job

In Word - Tools - Options - Print tab - untick "Document properties"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-summary-page-prints-after-every-print-job.336032/
Relevancy 39.99%

A nice feature of IE8 is Aero Peek for each open tab. IOW hovering the mouse over the IE icon in the taskbar shows a thumbnail for each open tab.

Google Chrome doesn't have this, Firefox 3.5 does not, beta 3.6 does.

Another key feature is browser multiprocess architecture, which uses a separate process per tab. In most cases this isolates a browser crash to a single tab, vs taking down the entire browser. IE8 has this (IF UAC is on), Chrome does, Firefox does not.

I'd personally prefer tab per process, tab Aero Peek, and UAC off. Unfortunately that's not currently possible, at least with these three browsers on Win7. In case anyone's similarly interested, the below table summarizes these features:

Code:
Browser Tab AeroPeek Proc per tab

IE8 Yes Yes (if UAC on)

Chrome No Yes

Firefox Yes (beta) No

A:Summary: browser tab aero peek and process per tab

There is no tab aero peek in Firefox 3.6b4, I even turned it on in about:config, and when I have multiple tabs open, it doesn't show multiple previews.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/44400-summary-browser-tab-aero-peek-process-per-tab.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Dear Wonderful Helpers!
I summarize my daily worksheets each month, with a summary sheet. And thereafter, with a cumulative summary, showing everything for the whole year. Can I somehow get the cumulative summary to include all of my comments as well as the data from the cells? No answer in the books I've checked.
Thank you very much.

Relevancy 39.99%

Is there a way to get a summary of all the enabled/disabled Local Security Policies? There's a computer with a bunch of configured settings and I'd like to find out a summary of them all, instead of having to manually go to each folder and find them.

A:Local Security Policy - Summary/Details?

Vista and Win7 can give you a nice HTML output, but you can still get verbose text output in XP - gpresult /v > textfile.txt. It's in a text-based format, but it will tell you what policies have been applied, and what settings they are configuring.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-security-policy-summary-details-552350.html
Relevancy 39.99%

After getting sick of Mcafee slowing down my computer, I looked into the best free tools to protect your computer from viruses and spyware, see:
http://edtechdev.blogspot.com/2006/09/best-free-antivirus-program.html

I recommend Windows Defender, AOL Active Virus Shield (or else AVG), and if you have no firewall then either Comodo or ZoneAlarm. These are all free. I list some other useful free software too at the bottom.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/summary-of-best-free-tools-to-protect-your-computer.500845/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have workbook with many sheets. I am looking for help with a macro that would automatically insert a summary sheet that takes information from c12:h32 of each sheet and pastes them one on top of another in the summary sheet.

Additionally it would be great if there was a page break between each instance of the copied information.

thanks!

A:Excel 2007: Creating Summary Sheet

What do you mean by "one on top of another"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2007-creating-summary-sheet.886619/
Relevancy 39.99%

Sorry for the newbie question, but here goes:

I am using Excel 2007 and I have a spreadsheet that uses 2 dates -- the buy and sell date. I have a column that calculates how long we held the product. I use an IF statement to put a zero in the column if the product hasn't been sold yet which looks something like this:

IF(ISBLANK(buy_date),0,(sell_date - buy_date))

Now I want to summarize the "time-to-sale". I want to count all "0" sales (unsold), all sales between 1-30 days, 31-60, 61-90, through the whole year. The problem is, I can't use a macro because this spreadsheet needs to be "macro-free".

Suggestions?

Thanks,
gpence

Relevancy 39.99%

Annoyance: When I copy a file to another drive or portable media, windows drops the Summery tab and all its info from the properties dialog. When I use the copy command I get a message with the Heading 'Confirm Stream Loss' that says …
‘The file ”File Name” has extra information attached to it that might be lost if you continue copying. The contents of the file will not be affected. Information that might be lost includes:
Document Summary Info
Do you want to continue anyway?’

How can I copy a file without losing this info?
Does it require a registry hack?

I'm running XP home edition SP2
Ted

A:XP copy annoyance-loss of summary info

Apparently this is "expected and documented Windows behavior for any non-NTFS volume, including FAT 16, FAT 32" formatted target drive.

The document summary info is only kept within the NTFS formats, it is lost when copying to non NTFS or when emailing any attachment by default.

Just why you actually see the warning is the issue, I suspect it is related to a setting in anti-virus, firewall or similar. While the loss is normal, being told about it is not, as I see it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-copy-annoyance-loss-of-summary-info.507140/
Relevancy 39.56%

Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for March Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for March Published March Note There may be latency issues due to replication if the page does not display keep refreshing Note Security Center - Bulletins Advisories Tools Guidance Resources and Summary for Bulletin Security 2010 9, Microsoft March Microsoft Security Computer Security Malicious Software Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for March 9, 2010 are authoritative in all matters concerning Microsoft Security Bulletins ANY e-mail web board or newsgroup posting including this one should be verified by visiting these sites for official information Microsoft never sends security or other updates as attachments These updates must be downloaded from the microsoft com download center or Windows Update See the individual bulletins for details Because some malicious messages attempt to masquerade as official Microsoft security notices it is recommended that you physically type the URLs into your web browser and not click on the hyperlinks provided Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletin Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for March 9, 2010 s Bulletin Summary Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for March Critical Important Microsoft Security Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for March 9, 2010 Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Excel Could Allow Remote Code Execution Published March Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Excel Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Windows Movie Maker Could Allow Remote Code Execution Published March Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Windows Movie Maker Could Allow Remote Code Execution Moderate Please note that Microsoft may release bulletins out side of this schedule if we determine the need to do so If you have any questions regarding the patch or its implementation after reading the above listed bulletin you should contact Product Support Services in the United States at - -PCSafety - - - International customers should contact their local subsidiary As always download the updates only from the vendors website - visit Windows Update and Office Update or Microsoft Update websites You may also get the updates thru Automatic Updates functionality in Windows system Security Tool Find out if you are missing important Microsoft product updates by using MBSA

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/272135-microsoft-security-bulletin-summary-march-9-2010-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

hi guys,

i need some help.

I have a summary sheet that i want to populate the fields with data from multiple sheets.

here's the scenario:

on my summary sheet i have columns A-E with their headers.

on one sheet i have a template for a "purchase order" is there a way that everytime i create a purchase order sheet, that the information from that sheet can be automatically populated into the next row in the summary sheet?

i will attach the file so you guys can see what i mean.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Relevancy 39.56%

MS Out-of-Band Security Bulletin Summary for July Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for July Published July MS 28, Out-of-Band 2009 Summary Security Bulletin for July Note There may be latency issues due to replication if the page does not display keep refreshing Note www microsoft com technet security and Microsoft Security are authoritative in all matters concerning Microsoft MS Out-of-Band Security Bulletin Summary for July 28, 2009 Security Bulletins ANY e-mail web board or newsgroup posting including this one should be verified by visiting these sites for official MS Out-of-Band Security Bulletin Summary for July 28, 2009 information Microsoft never sends security or other updates as attachments These updates must be downloaded from the microsoft com download center or Windows Update See the individual bulletins for details Because some malicious messages attempt to masquerade as official Microsoft security notices it is recommended that you physically type the URLs into your web browser and not click on the hyperlinks provided Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletin s Bulletin Summary Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for July Critical Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer Moderate Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Moderate Vulnerabilities in Visual Studio Active Template Library Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Moderate Vulnerabilities in Visual Studio Active Template Library Could Allow Remote Code Execution

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/239739-ms-out-band-security-bulletin-summary-july-28-2009-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for April Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for April Published April Note There may be latency issues due to replication if the page does not display keep refreshing Note Security Center - Bulletins Advisories 2010 Bulletin Summary 13, for Microsoft April Security Tools Guidance Resources and Microsoft Security Computer Security Malicious Software are authoritative in all matters concerning Microsoft Security Bulletins ANY e-mail web board or newsgroup posting including this one should be verified by visiting these sites for official information Microsoft never sends security or other updates as attachments These updates must be downloaded from the microsoft com download center or Windows Update See the individual bulletins for details Because some malicious messages Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for April 13, 2010 attempt to masquerade as official Microsoft security notices it is recommended that you physically type the URLs into your web browser and not click on the hyperlinks provided Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletin s Bulletin Summary Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for April Critical Microsoft Security Bulletin Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for April 13, 2010 MS - - Critical Vulnerabilities in Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution Published April Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerabilities in Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerabilities in SMB Client Could Allow Remote Code Execution Published April Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerabilities in SMB Client Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows Media Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution Published April Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows Media Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerability in Microsoft MPEG Layer- Codecs Could Allow Remote Code Execution Published April Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerability in Microsoft MPEG Layer- Codecs Could Allow Remote Code Execution Vulnerability in Windows Media Player Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerability in Windows Media Player Could Allow Remote Code Execution Important Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Published April Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in VBScript Scripting Engine Could Allow Remote Code Execution Published April Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in VBScript Scripting Engine Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Microsoft Office Publisher Could Allow Remote Code Execution Published April Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Microsoft Office Publisher Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Exchange and Windows SMTP Service Could Allow Denial of Service Published April Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Exchange and Windows SMTP Service Could Allow Denial of Service Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Visio Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Visio Could Allow Remote Code Execution Moderate Vulnerabilities in Windows ISATAP Component Could Allow Spoofing Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Moderate Vulnerability in Windows ISATAP Component Could Allow Spoofing Please note that Microsoft may release bulletins out side of this schedule if we determine the need to do so If you have any questions regarding the pat... Read more

A:Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for April 13, 2010

Adobe, Microsoft Push Security Upgrades.

Quote:
Software giants Adobe and Microsoft today each released software updates to fix critical security flaws in their products. In addition, Adobe is rolling out a new auto-updater tool that should make it easier for hundreds of millions of Adobe Reader users to more safely run one of the most frequently attacked software applications.

Microsoft released 11 security updates that collectively fix at least 25 vulnerabilities in versions of Windows, Office, Exchange, and other Microsoft products.

Source -
Adobe, Microsoft Push Security Upgrades — Krebs on Security

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/78120-microsoft-security-bulletin-summary-april-13-2010-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

The results have been posted for the August 2010 VB Tests.

From Virus Bulletin : VB100 award - latest comparative

Quote:
VB100 - Windows Vista Business Edition Service Pack 2

With another epic haul of 54 products to test this month, the VB test team could have done without the bad behaviour of a number of products: terrible product design, lack of accountability for activities, blatant false alarms in major software, numerous problems detecting the WildList set, and some horrendous instability under pressure.

Bolded below are some interesting failures from the summary, located at Virus Bulletin : VB100 results summary. If these products failed on Windows Vista, does anyone think they would do any better on Windows 7? I don't.

Failures:

BitDefender
CA Business & CA Consumer
Digital Defender
eEye
eScan
Fileseclab
Gdata
Kingsoft Advanced & Standard
Lavasoft Total Security
McAfee & McAfee Total Protection
Norman
Preventon
Qihoo
Rising
VIRUSFighter Pro

A:August 2010 Virus Bulletin Results Summary

hi !

THANKS Corrine !

very interesting reading.
among the free A/V?s Avira, Avast & MSE got "VB100", as usual....
i attached 3 screenshots showing the results.

did you notice that Emsisoft also got a "VB100" ?

for those that doesn?t already know it, a-squared (a2) is now renamed to Emsisoft Anti Malware (EAM)...

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/103046-august-2010-virus-bulletin-results-summary.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi since last week I am infected with something that is causing my browsers to launch new tabs on their own going to strange websites Files Redirects Post w/All Summary - Browser Requested Sometimes the new site Browser Redirects - Summary Post w/All Requested Files appears to Browser Redirects - Summary Post w/All Requested Files be benign a search site or online flower shop etc but more often it s a site that triggers a Warning dialogue box from my AVG telling me that it has just blocked a malicious site However despite that assurance popup boxes immediately begin to appear resembling the Windows Security Center but with different names XP antispyware tool etc They warn me that I must purchase their software if I want to rid my computer of all its malware Similarly an icon appears in my QuickLaunch where it persistently pops up dire warnings Then ZoneAlarm asks me for permission to run ave exe which I deny At that point I run Malwarebytes which finds or trojans or whatever they re called -- Rogue MultipleAV ave exe Hijack ExeFile Hijack StartMenuInternet and a bunch of HKEY entries telling me that files in my Security Center have been Disabled I tell Malwarebytes to fix this stuff I then run SuperAntispyware which finds nothing but Adware tracking cookies I then run Spybot which finds nothing at all Ditto my AVG scanner I ve even run these scans while not connected to the Internet after installing Updates for each one and I ve also run a couple of them in Safemode So it feels like I m clean Until the next time I open my browser Firefox or IE it happens in both of them and start surfing whereupon the same thing happens again the tabs launch by themselves -- not always immediately and not one right after another -- sometimes it s or minutes between occurrences -- I close each tab as quickly as I can but before too long one of them hits upon a bad site and before I can scramble to close it I m infected again with the Rogue Hijack stuff I did run one Spybot scan about a week ago when this started happening which found Virtumonde which is the first and only time I ve seen that one I m wondering if part of Virtumonde is still on my computer Prior to this whole thing starting I had never had a lick of trouble with this IBM Thinkpad z t It is running Service Pack Hope someone can help All best Michele

A:Browser Redirects - Summary Post w/All Requested Files

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer. *Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies. See HERE*It is important not to make any further changes or run any other tools/updates unless instructed to. This may hinder the cleaning process of your machine.*Please be patient, all Bleeping Computer helpers are volunteers and have lives outside this forum.*You must reply within 5 days otherwise this topic will be closed.++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++One or more of the identified infections is a Rootkit/backdoor trojan.This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?When Should I Format, How Should I ReinstallWe can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterward. Let me know what you decide to do.++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++If you do not wish to reformat, please do the following:Download Combofix (by Subs) from any of the links below, make sure that you save it to your desktop. Link 1Link 2It's important to temporary disable your anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. See HEREClose any open windows, including this one.Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed.*It's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. *The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. *This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures. If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console. When prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).Important notes:Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running.ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making I-E the default browser.Please do not mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may call it to stall.ComboFix SHOULD NOT be used unless requested by a forum helper.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309396/browser-redirects-summary-post-wall-requested-files/
Relevancy 39.56%

Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for November Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for November Published November Note There may be latency issues due to replication if the page does not display keep refreshing Note http www Bulletin 2009 November Summary Microsoft for 10, Security microsoft com technet security and Microsoft Security are authoritative in all matters concerning Microsoft Security Bulletins ANY e-mail web board or newsgroup posting including this one should be verified by visiting these sites for official information Microsoft never sends security or other updates as attachments These updates must be downloaded from the microsoft com download center or Windows Update See the individual bulletins for details Because some malicious messages attempt to masquerade as official Microsoft security notices it is recommended that you physically type the URLs into your web browser and not click on the hyperlinks provided Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletin s Bulletin Summary Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for November Critical Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for November 10, 2009 Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Web Services on Devices API Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerability in Web Services on Devices API Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in License Logging Server Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerability in License Logging Server Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers Could Allow Remote Code Execution Important Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Active Directory Could Allow Denial of Service Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Active Directory Could Allow Denial of Service Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Excel Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Excel Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Microsoft Office Word Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Microsoft Office Word Could Allow Remote Code Execution Please note that Microsoft may release bulletins out side of this schedule if we determine the need to do so If you have any questions regarding the patch or its implementation after reading the above listed bulletin you should contact Product Support Services in the United States at - -PCSafety - - - International customers should contact their local subsidiary As always download the updates only from the vendors website - visit Windows Update and Office Update or Microsoft Update websites You may also get the updates thru Automatic Updates functionality in Windows system Security Tool Find out if you are missing important Microsoft product updates by using MBSA

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/259916-microsoft-security-bulletin-summary-november-10-2009-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September Published September Note There may be latency issues due to replication if the page does not Security 14, September Microsoft Bulletin for 2010 Summary display keep refreshing Note Security Center - Bulletins Advisories Tools Guidance Resources and Microsoft Security Computer Security Malicious Software are authoritative in all Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 14, 2010 matters concerning Microsoft Security Bulletins ANY e-mail web board or newsgroup posting including this one should be verified by visiting these sites for official information Microsoft never sends security or other updates as attachments These updates must be downloaded from the Microsoft com download center or Windows Update See the individual bulletins for details Because some malicious messages attempt to masquerade as official Microsoft security notices it is recommended that you physically type the URLs into your web browser and not click on the hyperlinks provided Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletin s Bulletin Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 14, 2010 Summary Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September Critical Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Print Spooler Service Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerability in Print Spooler Service Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in MPEG- Codec Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerability in MPEG- Codec Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Unicode Scripts Processor Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerability in Unicode Scripts Processor Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Microsoft Outlook Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerability in Microsoft Outlook Could Allow Remote Code Execution Important Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Internet Information Services IIS Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Internet Information Services IIS Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Remote Procedure Call Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Remote Procedure Call Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in WordPad Text Converters Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in WordPad Text Converters Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Local Security Authority Subsystem Service Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Local Security Authority Subsystem Service Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Windows Client Server Runtime Subsystem Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Windows Client Server Runtime Subsystem Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Moderate Please note that Microsoft may release bulletins out side of this schedule if we determine the need to do so If you have any questions regarding the patch or its implementation after reading the above listed bulletin you should contact Product Support Services in the United States at - -PCSafety - - - International customers should contact their local subsidiary As always download the updates only from the vendors website - visit Windows Update and Office Update or Microsoft Update websites You may also get the updates thru Automatic Updates functionality in Windows system Security Tool... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/282996-microsoft-security-bulletin-summary-september-14-2010-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for Microsoft October 2010 Bulletin for Security 12 Summary October Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for October Published October Note There may be latency issues due to replication if the page does not display keep refreshing Note Security Center - Bulletins Advisories Tools Guidance Resources and Microsoft Security Computer Security Malicious Software are authoritative in all matters concerning Microsoft Security Bulletins ANY e-mail web board or newsgroup posting including this one should be verified by visiting these sites for official information Microsoft never sends security or other updates as attachments These updates must be downloaded from the Microsoft com download center or Windows Update See the individual bulletins for Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for October 12 2010 details Because some malicious messages Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for October 12 2010 attempt to masquerade as official Microsoft security notices it is recommended that you physically type the URLs into your web browser and not click on the hyperlinks provided Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletin s Bulletin Summary Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for October Critical Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer Microsoft Security MSRC Microsoft Security Response Center Security vulnerability Vulnerability in Media Player Network Sharing Service Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerability in Media Player Network Sharing Service Could Allow Remote Code Execution Vulnerability in the Embedded OpenType Font Engine Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerability in the Embedded OpenType Font Engine Could Allow Remote Code Execution Vulnerability in NET Framework Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerability in NET Framework Could Allow Remote Code Execution Important Vulnerabilities in SafeHTML Could Allow Information Disclosure Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerabilities in SafeHTML Could Allow Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Vulnerabilities in the OpenType Font OTF Format Driver Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerabilities in the OpenType Font OTF Format Driver Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Word Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Word Could Allow Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Excel Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Excel Could Allow Remote Code Execution Vulnerability in Windows Common Control Library Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Windows Common Control Library Could Allow Remote Code Execution Vulnerability in Windows Media Player Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Windows Media Player Could Allow Remote Code Execution Vulnerability in COM Validation in Windows Shell and WordPad Could Allow Remote Code Execution Page Not Found Vulnerability in Windows Local Procedure Call Could Cause Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Windows Local Procedure Call Could Cause Elevation of Privilege Vulnerability in SChannel Could Allow Denial of Service Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in SChannel Could Allow Denial of Service Moderate Vulnerability in Microsoft Foundation Classes Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Moderate Vulnerability in Microsoft Found... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/283895-microsoft-security-bulletin-summary-october-12-2010-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a sheet with name quot Ole data quot in which there are details of subs i e subscription and reds i e redemption Now I want to first identify what are contra entries and what are normal entries Contra entries means Where subs amount reds amount and subs shares reds shares Example Case I Subs Shares for entries preparing and contra same Macro then to summary identify Amount Reds Shares - Amount Result would be Contra Entries as similar shares in subs i e is there in reds with amount also same Case II- Subs Shares Amount Reds Shares - Amount Result would be normal entry as shares are different Case III- Subs Shares Amount Macro to identify contra entries and then preparing summary for same Reds Shares - Amount Subs Shares Amount Result would be Contra Entries Macro to identify contra entries and then preparing summary for same for and as similar shares in subs i e is there in reds with amount also same Result would be normal entry for as I don t have any th entry for which shares and amount are same except for which sign would be different Once I have identifies above I want summary of above transactions in quot Summary quot tab There is no specific number of rows i e rows can be at a time or it also Sheet is attached for your reference nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-to-identify-contra-entries-and-then-preparing-summary-for-same.1076292/
Relevancy 39.56%

Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for december Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for december Published december Note There may be latency issues due to replication if the page does not display keep refreshing Note Security Center - Bulletins Advisories Tools Guidance Resources and Microsoft Security Computer Security Malicious Software are authoritative in all matters for Microsoft 2010 Summary Security Bulletin 14 december concerning Microsoft Security Bulletins ANY e-mail web board or newsgroup posting including this one should be verified by visiting these sites for official information Microsoft never sends security or other updates as attachments These updates must be downloaded from the Microsoft com download center or Windows Update See the individual bulletins for details Because some malicious messages attempt to masquerade Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for december 14 2010 as official Microsoft security notices it is recommended that you physically type the URLs into your web browser and not click on the hyperlinks provided Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletin s Bulletin Summary Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for December Critical Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerabilities in the OpenType Font OTF Driver Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for december 14 2010 Critical Vulnerabilities in the OpenType Font OTF Driver Could Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for december 14 2010 Allow Remote Code Execution Important Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Task Scheduler Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Task Scheduler Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Windows Movie Maker Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Windows Movie Maker Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Windows Media Encoder Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Windows Media Encoder Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Microsoft Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Windows Address Book Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Windows Address Book Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Insecure Library Loading in Internet Connection Signup Wizard Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Insecure Library Loading in Internet Connection Signup Wizard Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Routing and Remote Access Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Routing and Remote Access Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Consent User Interface Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Consent User Interface Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Windows Netlogon Service Could Allow Denial of Service Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in Windows Netlogon Service Could... Read more

A:Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for december 14 2010

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the info and the warnings (which many know, but can never be said enough as we continue to see threads about the aftermath of not heeding that advice).

So we have 17 security updates to look forward to (and I'm sure at least one will require a reboot). And these are just the security updates - so there's who knows how many ordinary updates and MSE definitions and optional updates and whatever else to further increase that number. And if something goes wrong with that many all at once, finding the cause (let alone resolving the issue) is going to be extremely time-consuming. How wonderful! I may temporarily switch to manual and do a few at a time instead of all of them at once in case of problems.

Have a good one!

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/285986-microsoft-security-bulletin-summary-december-14-2010-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for june Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for june Published june Note There may be latency issues due to replication if the page does not display keep refreshing Note TechNet Security Center Bulletins Advisories Tools Guidance and Resources and Microsoft Security are authoritative in all matters concerning Microsoft Security Bulletins ANY e-mail web board or newsgroup posting including this 2009 Microsoft Bulletin Summary Security june for one should be verified by visiting these sites for official information Microsoft never sends security or other updates as attachments These updates must be downloaded from the microsoft com download center or Windows Update See the individual bulletins for details Because some malicious messages attempt to masquerade as official Microsoft security notices it is recommended that you physically type the URLs into your web browser and not click on the hyperlinks provided Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletin s Bulletin Summary Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for June Critical Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for june 2009 Vulnerabilities in Active Directory Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerabilities in Active Directory Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerabilities in Windows Print Spooler Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerabilities in Windows Print Spooler Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Word Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Word Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Excel Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Excel Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Microsoft Works Converters Could Allow Remote Code Execution Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical Vulnerability in Microsoft Works Converters Could Allow Remote Code Execution Important Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in RPC Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerability in RPC Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerabilities in Internet Information Services IIS Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Important Vulnerabilities in Internet Information Services IIS Could Allow Elevation of Privilege Moderate Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - Vulnerability in Windows Search Could Allow Information Disclosure Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Moderate Vulnerability in Windows Search Could Allow Information Disclosure Please note that Microsoft may release bulletins out side of this schedule if we determine the need to do so If you have any questions regarding the patch or its implementation after reading the above listed bulletin you should contact Product Support Services in the United States at - -PCSafety - - - International customers should contact their local subsidiary As always download the updates only from the vendors website - visit Windows Update and Office Update or Microsoft Update websites You may also get the updates thru Automatic Updates functionality in Windows system Security Tool Find out if you are missing important Microsoft product updates by usi... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/231572-microsoft-security-bulletin-summary-june-2009-a.html