Windows Support Forum

whenever i open a folder , windows explorer crashes and closing

Q: whenever i open a folder , windows explorer crashes and closing

Actually i don't know i am using Windows Professional SP2.
Nowadays whenever i open a folder in windows explorer, automatically windows explorer error comes, closing.
Can't able to open the drive directory[not in C drive] contains videos,movies,photos,...
Please help me how to solve this problem,
i am a beginner just bought a new PC experiencing this problem first time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whenever-i-open-a-folder-windows-explorer-crashes-and-closing.892236/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: whenever i open a folder , windows explorer crashes and closing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 88.58%

Please help! Explorer.exe crashes when folder windows have been open for a while. No useful information seems to be given in Event viewer and I've tried disabling everything attached to explorer using the "autoruns" utility. Nothing seems to work. I've also tried sfc /scannow and most other suggested fixes. I've added tge sevenforums registry fix and have attached the dump files that it produces.

Thanks, Steve

A:explorer.exe crashes when folder windows have been open for a while

Seems to be a problem with IObit uninstaller shell extension.

Code:
Unable to load image C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Uninstaller\UninstallExplorer32.dll
You won't get many recommendations for IObit products here. Personally I do use IObit Uninstaller sometimes but it's blocked from dialling home by my firewall and the shell extension has been removed. The problem is that I removed it so long ago that I don't remember exactly how I removed it.

If you've got Ccleaner installed have a look at startup entries and disable or delete any IObit entries.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372330-explorer-exe-crashes-when-folder-windows-have-been-open-while.html
Relevancy 87.72%

So i have been fighting this issue for days and i am at my wits end I have bitdefender total security as my antivirus but i also run malwarebytes anti-malware and super anti-spyware To attempt to fix this issue i have also downloads folder explorer Cannot windows crashes open run windows defender found and fixed one issue but not the one causing the crash the root-kit finder from malwarebytes no issues spyBHOremover found no Cannot open downloads folder windows explorer crashes malicious the command prompt windows integrity scan i forget Cannot open downloads folder windows explorer crashes the command just now but i ran that too with no issues found I've used file assassin to delete anything that would even have a remote chance of being corrupt and causing issues I have defragmented my computer done registry scans fix but every time the result is the same i checked the windows forum where there was a similar complaint and an admin there told the person to reset their IE as it is apparently closely linked to windows explorer I updated and reset my IE as well but still have the same issue I feel like i am going to lose my mind if cant get this to stop I also noticed which prompted the mass virus hunt sluggish start-up and my bitdefender options kept changing on their own and the auto-update and auto scan kept turning off Having done a repair install on my bitdefender and fixed a few other minor issues I've managed to get bitdefender to behave more normally and my start-up is faster but my downloads folder is stubborn Any suggestions would be appreciated Oh and i have a legitimate copy of windows but because i bought my computer from a PC store in another city i do not have the disk for my copy of windows I also ran malware bytes in safemode but nothing else was turned up

A:Cannot open downloads folder windows explorer crashes

Hello and welcome Shadowdancer

Mate a couple you could try are
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

and

TDSSKiller Download for starters and then do some of this

Optimize Windows 7[2]=Performance Maintenance

Just as a by the by I tested Bitdefender and while very good was touchy with other anti malware stuff I always run the free Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpywrae too.

Best idea is not to run two AV's (full versions) at ant one time anyway

Don't worry about not having the disk for reinstalling as you can do a factory default or download the ISO and activate it with the code from the machines COA sticker.

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create this option lets you install without the bloatware that Lenovo would have put on

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/290842-cannot-open-downloads-folder-windows-explorer-crashes.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,

My windows explorer.exe has been crashing for the past few months when I open up a folder (e.g. My Documents, My computer). It doesn't happen everytime and I think I need to have all the folders closed and then open one up for explorer.exe to crash.

Here's what I found in event viewer:

Event ID: 1000
Description:
Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.3156, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x025d6810.

Data:
0000: 6c707041 74616369 206e6f69 6c696146
0010: 20657275 70786520 65726f6c 78652e72
0020: 2e362065 39322e30 332e3030 20363531
0030: 75206e69 6f6e6b6e 30206e77 302e302e
0040: 6120302e 666f2074 74657366 35323020
0050: 31383664 0a0d30

Let me know if you need any other information.

thanks,
Jimmy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-exe-crashes-when-i-open-folder-e-g-my-documents-my-computer-179320.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi guys,
this problem really bothers me which about crash of explorer.exe when i open a specific folder and that is part of problem details i get

problem event name: appcrach
application name: explorer.exe
application version:6.1.7601.17514
fault module name: msvcrt.dll

Please people help meeeee

A:explorer crashes when i open a certain folder

take a look at this thread http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...rer-crash.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/214976-explorer-crashes-when-i-open-certain-folder.html
Relevancy 79.98%

sorry because my windows is installed in portuguese any word you cant understand in the folder ill transelate it an antecipated thanks for the help Here is my hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe a =/ the folder when explorer.exe crashes i open C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programas Software WIDCOMM Bluetooth bin btwdins exe C Programas Ficheiros comuns LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Programas MATLAB webserver bin win matlabserver exe C Programas Ficheiros comuns Microsoft Shared VS when i open a folder the explorer.exe crashes =/ Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Programas Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Programas Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Programas ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Programas QuickTime qttask exe C Programas iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Programas Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Programas HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Programas Java jre bin jusched exe C Programas hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Programas Ficheiros comuns InterVideo SchSvr SchSvr exe C Programas InterVideo Common when i open a folder the explorer.exe crashes =/ Bin WinRemote exe C hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe C Programas WhenUSearch Search exe C Programas iPod bin iPodService exe C Programas merdas DAEMON Tools daemon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Programas Messenger msmsgs exe C Programas Software WIDCOMM Bluetooth BTTray exe C Programas SAGEM SAGEM F st - dslmon exe C Programas HPQ shared hpqwmi exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system temp exe C PROGRA SOFTWA BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Programas Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Programas Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Pedro Martins Ambiente de trabalho HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sapo pt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Hiperliga es F - REG win ini load C WINDOWS svchost exe O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Programas Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Programas Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO CVirtualDNSObj Object - C E - EF- - F- BE A - C WINDOWS VirtualDNS dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Programas MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO WhenUSearch Helper - BA ED-F EB- - FCE- BC B B - C Programas WhenUSearch search dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Programas MSN Apps MSN Toolbar pt-br msntb dll O - Toolbar Ver HP - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C Programas HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Programas Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Programas MSN Apps MSN Toolbar pt-br msntb dll O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Programas Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Programas Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Programas ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Programas HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Programas QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Programas iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Programas Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Programas HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe Start O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Programas Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Programas hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run Home Theater SchSvr quot C Programas Ficheiros... Read more

A:when i open a folder the explorer.exe crashes =/

Hi.....

C\WINDOWS\system32 is the correct location for the file svchost.exe not where it is now.........

Go to Start > run, type cmd

At the prompt enter:

del C\WINDOWS\svchost.exe

Press enter.

Browse to:C\WINDOWS\Prefetch and delete everything in there.......Use safe mode if needed.

Uninstall the following programs (if they still exist) Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc.Tools->Open Uninstall manager

C:\Programas\Save
C:\Programas\WhenUSearch

Have "Hijack This" fix all the following items in the list below by placing a check in the appropriate boxes.Confirm that you have only the listed ones checked, then press <Fix checked> and Close HJT.

F3 - REG:win.ini: load=C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe
O2 - BHO: CVirtualDNSObj Object - {86C510E9-97EF-4749-914F-0280247BE3A6} - C:\WINDOWS\VirtualDNS.dll
O2 - BHO: WhenUSearch Helper - {BA2325ED-F9EB-4830-8FCE-0BC35B16969B} - C:\Programas\WhenUSearch\search.
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WhenUSearch] "C:\Programas\WhenUSearch\Search.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WhenUSearchWHSE] "C:\Programas\WhenUSearch\whse.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WhenUSave] "C:\Programas\Save\Save.exe"

Open Windows Explorer and delete the following red folder/s

C:\Programas\ Save
C:\Programas\ WhenUSearch

Reboot and post a new HJT log....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/when-i-open-a-folder-the-explorer-exe-crashes-135106.html
Relevancy 79.12%

recently i downloaded a .mkv video and put it into a specific folder. but when i try to open that folder, my windows explorer crashes. anyone knows what happened?

This is what it shows..

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.1.7601.17567
Application Timestamp: 4d6727a7
Fault Module Name: IcarosThumbnailProvider.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.2.4.301
Fault Module Timestamp: 5357a388
Exception Code: c00000fd
Exception Offset: 0002f567
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 30ee
Additional Information 2: 30ee64d5707a1d08859d28308f408c64
Additional Information 3: 0cd2
Additional Information 4: 0cd2397a0e42e60326a9ca4d755bca46

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:explorer.exe crashes when i open certain .mkv video folder

Quote:
Fault Module Name: IcarosThumbnailProvider.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.2.4.301
Fault Module Timestamp: 5357a388

The problem is with the extension, not Explorer. I would check for an update or a newer version. Perhaps you didn't install required codecs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329873-explorer-exe-crashes-when-i-open-certain-mkv-video-folder.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hey guys. I have this really big problem that has been bugging me for about a year. I'm sure I have no viruses, spyware , adware and I even checked no malware. I'm having the same problem as this person http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/722359-solved-explorer-exe-crashes-everytime.html I've followed some of the things stated in that topic but I still can't manage to fix the crashing when opening my computer, recycle bin. And other things :S Please Help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-crashes-when-closing-windows.770355/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi all to folder, crashes Unable any explorer.exe continuously open So my computer is almost unuseable right now When I start my computer afterputting in my password it logs on Unable to open any folder, explorer.exe continuously crashes slowly Unable to open any folder, explorer.exe continuously crashes Folders do not open and nothing open on the run prompt Computer just freezes However other program open included Google chrome malwarebytes etc Ccleaner doeas have an error it restarts but then works normally I was thinking windows could be corrupted I wanted to do a repair install but since explorer exe doesnt function the autoplay feature never loads either I have a bootable USB drive with windows I dont know how to get to the set up file without opening a folder I was reading that the repair can't be done on safemode I also wanted to rule out user profile corruption I got a profile thing briefly on there but that went away I did this How to fix a corrupt user profile in Windows - How-To - PC Advisor With the intention of opening another account but i got error xc I tried running sfc scannow in safemode but that caused the explorer exe restart and it never opens When I restarted my computer i did safe mode with command prompt That got it to run but its been stuck at for a long time now It then failed said could not perform the requested operation I tried verify only and that has gotten past I turned off the WiFi when it first started acting up and don't have the computer connected to wiresethernet at the moment Don't know if this matters The verifyonly gave me this reading Windows resource protection found integrity violations Details are included in the CBS log windir Logs CBS CBS log For example C windows logs cbs cbs log I don't want to do a clean install i have a few files I did not back up recently Any suggestions would be great

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384401-unable-open-any-folder-explorer-exe-continuously-crashes.html
Relevancy 77.4%

The window in question is the Windows Explorer one. Everytime I click close, I get a message telling me that Windows Explorer stopped working or something. Anyway, it restarts on its own. This happens every time that I click close on a Windows Explorer windows. I have a feeling it's the new Windows Update that just finished installing. I've attached the Update History copy below.
Code:
Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB941833)

Installation date: &#8206;22/&#8206;05/&#8206;2008 12:07 AM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Recommended

This update resolves reliability and application compatibility issues in Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2. By installing this update, you can achieve better reliability and application compatibility. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.

More information:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=100281

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

Relevancy 76.11%

Greetings everyone There is a quite strange problem with my World of Warcraft that didn't occured before a certain windows reinstallation The problem is Explorer Warcraft World keeps its Windows and in of closing folder that my WoW keeps closing randomly without any error message and its folder does the same I tried out lots of things which worked temporarily but somehow this problem persists further and further I checked my computer with several antiviruses and antispywares with no succes they found nothing When this problem began WoW closed as if i had shut it down in Task Manager The game didn't save the changes i made while i was playing I first shut all windows services and it seemed to be working after a week the problem appeared again I said to World of Warcraft and its folder in Windows Explorer keeps closing myself that it must be a process killer so i renamed the Wow exe file to asd exe and World of Warcraft and its folder in Windows Explorer keeps closing the problem seemed World of Warcraft and its folder in Windows Explorer keeps closing to have been solved i didn't have any problem with WoW for two weeks but the problem occured again with a new thing Not only does WoW close itself but every single folder named quot World of Warcraft quot and i noticed that if there are other words beside quot World of Warcraft quot let's suppose quot World of Warcraft Trial quot the folder won't close And it happens to Windows Explorer not IE only If i open the quot World of Warcraft quot folder with Total Commander TCMD won't close And now WoW saves the changes when it closes as if i used alt f to close it I don't think it is a hardware related issue My memory cards are okay i checked them with memtest and no problems were found it can't be a videocard issue because other games don't close it can't be a motherboard issue because other programs should close if it was the case Maybe a HDD issue but i don't think a damaged hardware causes problem to only one program i bet it is an infection because i found some interesting processes in my system for example quot netchk exe quot when i launched it this program said the following quot Unable to kill process Wow exe quot This process is installed alongside the game quot Falcon quot i never heard of this game but what the hell was this nethck exe looking for in my system if a never installed this game So my process killer theory was right for a time because this thing didn't manage to close WoW because WoW was renamed to quot asd exe quot at that time i found also the process quot PSKILL EXE quot which is also a process killer Anyway i've created a video about these problems Here is the link http sizostore extra hu - - AVI and here is a Hijack This log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in ... Read more

A:World of Warcraft and its folder in Windows Explorer keeps closing

I also noticed that when WoW closes itself a process named "wscript.exe" appears. after WoW is closed, it vanishes. not always does it appear, but at most of the cases it does

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/world-of-warcraft-and-its-folder-in-windows-explorer-keeps-closing-386987.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Bagle removed but explorer exe crashes after i close all open explorer exe windows sometime drwatson exe crshes too Explorer exe crshes when closing all windows on a regular basis it crashes always i had bagle but i removed i did closing after crashes explorer.exe a removed all windows regular on Bagle basis but not post in other forums this new issue i am adding hijackthis log i also have a online kaspersky log i am adding it here too after the hijackthis log thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C Bagle removed but explorer.exe crashes after closing all windows on a regular basis WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programmi Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Programmi WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c programmi file comuni mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA FILECO mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Programmi McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Programmi McAfee Bagle removed but explorer.exe crashes after closing all windows on a regular basis MSK MskSrver exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS System PAStiSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Programmi Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Programmi Creative Mixer CTSVolFE exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Programmi File comuni InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Programmi Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Programmi Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Programmi Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Programmi Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Programmi ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Programmi Babylon Babylon-Pro Babylon exe C Programmi Dell QuickSet Quickset exe C Programmi Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Programmi iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Programmi File comuni Real Update OB realsched exe C Programmi Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Programmi iGv Discador iG exe C Programmi DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Programmi Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA iGv sysbrand exe C Programmi Free Download Manager fdm exe C Programmi Curse CurseClient exe C Programmi Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Programmi SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Programmi Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Programmi PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Programmi WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Programmi Digital Line Detect DLG exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Programmi iPod bin iPodService exe C Programmi PC Connectivity Solution NclBTHandler exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Programmi ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Programmi Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Programmi WinRAR WinRAR exe C Documents and Settings lorenzo Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http farejador ig com br ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL http www google it ig dell hl it amp c it amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Softw... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/bagle-removed-but-explorer-exe-crashes-after-closing-all-windows-on-a-regular-basis-246772.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all I'm desperately looking for some help with regards to a Windows Explorer problem As in Windows files any open down closing in I whenever Document My Explorer the title Windows Explorer closes down all the time when opening pictures music or anything in My Docs I have restored to factory settings from the partition on the HDD and fully updated The recovery failed twice and updates failed twice and seemed to take hours too but finally I got there Then came the moment of truth opened My Pictures and bang closed again The first time it failed recovery it gave an error message about certain programs applications couldn't be Windows Explorer closing down whenever I open any files in My Document placed into memory as there is a I O failure or error I should of written it down in hindsight It was all a painfully slow procedure that took all day yesterday and some of this morning too The only thing I can think of is that maybe the HHD is starting to fail or maybe RAM issues although it is seeing the RAM that is installed Gb I would really appreciate some help here thanks for reading Martin

A:Windows Explorer closing down whenever I open any files in My Document

Hi all,

I thought I would follow up with my findings and solution to my Windows Explorer nightmare as I am quite pleased with myself for persevering and fixing it. It was right under my nose all along but it was just knowing how to go about it.

Basically, "Event Viewer" gave me all the information I needed. In the event tree I clicked on "Windows" then "Applications" which gave a list of apps with either a blue info icon to the left of the information, an exclamation mark in red for error or a yellow exclamation mark for warning. There were plenty of red error icons which I hoped would be logs of Windows Explorer closing down, and sure enough they were. On following the "Failing Application Path" c:\program files\ASUSWSShellExt64.dll I found the highlighted shell extension, Which is basically Asus Web Storage. I promptly uninstalled the program and have had no crashes whatsoever, yee haaaaa!

Hope this helps someone else someday as it almost blew my brains out

Martin.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/366552-windows-explorer-closing-down-whenever-i-open-any-files-my-document.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey guys thanks for viewing my post This has been going on for about weeks now and I can t figure out the cause Every time I open quot My Computer quot or anything with windows explorer everything is fine for a few seconds then starts to slow then explorer completely locks up and crashes without an error message screen shows only the wallpaper for a few minutes then explorer starts back up icons come back etc and all is normal again This only seems to happen when utilizing Windows Explorer I ve tried to change the settings on the automatic thumbnail view thinking THAT was the problem but it always crashes before I can go in there Plus I haven t changed settings in that area any time recently and I do a lot of graphics so a thumbnail preview is a must I assume this is just a windows time I exit, crashes. open explorer must Every explorer, dumb XP problem but searching for it with terms like quot windows explorer crashes quot etc comes up with only Internet Explorer results I have g of ram and a decent processor in my HP Pavilion a w and only since a few weeks ago have I had any problems like this NEED Every time I open windows explorer, explorer must exit, crashes. HELP Also ever since about a month after getting a new graphics card sometimes it takes - tries to get my computer to boot if just recently shut off or restarted The computer appears to come on but it doesn t make any loading clicks and the monitor won t turn on I don t think they re related but both are equally annoying Here is my HJT log below it s the first time I ve ever done that so please bear with me ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanel exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Entertainment Center EAXLoadr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp msgup us exe C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp nsr A tmp msgup us exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe C Program Files Last fm LastFM exe c program files aim anotify exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www scruclubrecords com O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Sunkist k C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe O - HKLM Run RCSystem quot C Program Files ... Read more

Relevancy 70.95%

So whenever I click File Explorer on the taskbar or in the start menu, Windows Explorer crashes and I need to go into task manager and restart it. But if I click a folder on my desktop it doesn't crash?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/56915-windows-explorer-crashes-when-i-open-file-explorer.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a problem. Everytime I try to open Internet Explorer the home page dosen't load up. The page freezes then windows explorer crashes. I get random messages from the avast, virus scanner, saying :Blocked malicious site windows32installer.com/pack/ and a bunch of numbers and letters.

I have vista 32 bit.
Please Help!
Art.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-open-internet-explorer-windows-explorer-crashes-453269.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi every one
When I open a folder which contains some "video files" including types of 3GP,WMv,etc,windows crashes and this message appears:
windows explorer has stopped working
and then:
windows is restarting
then,like loging off,system starts again,but there is only one differnce and that is other programs which aren't related to windows explorer(for example,softwares like adobe acrobat,MATLAB,...)
,after that,continue to work properly!!!(I mean windows doesn't log off completely,sth like logging off occures)
What's wrong here?
What should I do?
Cheers

A:Windows crashes when I open a folder with a video file

Are you using any codec packs? Which one??

Please check event viewer for error, if possible post a screenshot.

We could use some little bit more detailed information of your system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/21664-windows-crashes-when-i-open-folder-video-file.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Here is the error that appears.

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.5512 ModName: ad2mpegin.dll
ModVer: 1.4.0.21595 Offset: 00017618

I have run SFC /scannow and it finished. I am not sure if there was a log created or not, nor do I know if it was a help or if it replaced any corrupted or manipulated files.

Thank you for you help in this matter.

Gerry

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-crashes-when-i-open-the-my-documents-folder-431618.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello I have a folder full of png images of them I extracted them using winrar When I open the file my system freezes and sometimes I even have to manually reboot the system I get a Windows Explorer error where it says I should either click on Send error report or don t send it vew folder crashes images I Windows with Explorer try .png to when I thought maybe the problem was because I have Adobe Photoshop Imageviewer installed on my laptop and png is a file type that it opens So my computer tries to show small tumbnail images rather then a png image sign So I thought maybe because there were a lot of images my system Windows Explorer crashes when I try to vew folder with .png images got clogged up So I changed what program the images should open Windows Explorer crashes when I try to vew folder with .png images with to microsoft image viewer Windows Explorer crashes when I try to vew folder with .png images and when I try to open a png image that is what opens it but I still still to have a small image near each png file All of the files in the folder have png extension and AVG free version says the files are clean So what can the problem be Thanks-- nbsp

A:Windows Explorer crashes when I try to vew folder with .png images

Try going to the Microsoft website and update/reinstall explorer. It may be corrupted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-crashes-when-i-try-to-vew-folder-with-png-images.487652/
Relevancy 69.66%

When I navigate to the fonts folder either thru' Control Panel/Fonts or c:/windows/fonts it displays the error "Windows Explorer has encountered an problem and needs to close". Other folders seem OK. Anyone any thoughts ?? Thanks in anticipation. (Windows XP SP3. Fully up-to-date).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fonts-folder-crashes-windows-explorer.938656/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a system Dell Windows XP Pro up to date except SP When I go to the Control Panel and double click on Fonts I folder Fonts windows explorer crashes get an error and Windows Explorer crashes I get the same crash if I try to access the Font folder under the windows directory using Windows Explorer I can access the Fonts folder for a Spybot scan or a virus scan with no trouble just Windows Explorer is crashing thus I have no access to do anything with fonts Using MS Office fonts seem to work fine at least the few I've been using Any suggestions I fear this is a serious issue for some reason and I suspect something mismatched between the registry and Fonts folder crashes windows explorer the fonts folder I'm in fear here and need a way to fix this Please help BTW I have a Dr Watson log but it's long and here is not much if any error information at the crash site Here's the top of the DR Watson log Application exception occurred App C WINDOWS explorer exe pid When Exception number c access violation ---- gt System Information lt ---- Computer Name DELL User Name Terminal Session Id Number of Processors Processor Type x Family Model Stepping Windows Version Current Build Service Pack Current Type Multiprocessor Free Registered Organization Registered Owner This problem seems pretty hard to solve I installed Font Explorer and it seems to run fine but when trying to access the Fonts folder with explorer or even thru the control panel I get the same crash Any any help would be appreciated Gene

A:Fonts folder crashes windows explorer

Hi Gene, welcome to TSF..

sounds like one of your fonts has become corrupt which can be tricky to fix.

It may be easier to perform a repair installation as that will restore them all from the setup disc:
http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winx...exfullpage.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fonts-folder-crashes-windows-explorer-295894.html
Relevancy 69.23%

whenever i close My Computer or any of its folders or drives, explorer crashes
i dont know why its happening
please somebody help
whenever the last explorer based window is closed-explorer craches.
even my computer doesn't seem to update.

A:explorer crashes on closing window

try this, click on start and then run and type in "sfc /scannow".

This should take some time and afterwards, reboot the computer. Then see if this fixes the issue. If not, I recommend performing a windows repair on your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-crashes-on-closing-window-236012.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello, my windows explorer in Windows 7 64 bit crashes only when I close either windows explorer or a windows update link. I have included an attached bump. The second part of the bump is included in the below reply. Thanks in advance for any input.

A:Window Explorer Crashes when closing `

This is the second part of the bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/window-explorer-crashes-when-closing-461680.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I've seen a problem similar to this reported on other occasions, but no obvious consensus about the cause.

I'm using Windows XP SP3. When I visit any folder with .AVI files in it, Windows Explorer dies with a message bout "data execution prevention." This problem has started occurring since March, 2009, because I have a folder with an AVI file that I was able to visit at the time, and now I cannot do it.

I assume that there is something wrong with one of my codecs. Is there an easy to find out which codec Windows is trying to use? I've attached a list of the codecs I have.

A:Visiting a folder with AVI files crashes Windows Explorer

Note that that window only shows VfW (video for windows) codecs, not directshow ones.
The list looks pretty standard for any Windows XP installation, except for the Morgan Motion JPEG decoder.
Do you have any codec pack installed?

If I recall, earlier versions of DivX (circa version 5) had many DEP problems, but they fixed it eventually.

Does the folder in question have a lot of files?
Does the folder you visit have thumbnail view enabled? If not, how long can you stay in the folder without the DEP error? If long enough, try hovering your mouse over the files one by one until you get the error.
Once you identify the file that triggers error, open it with gspot and find out what codec it uses. For further diagnostics, click on the little 1-2-3 under MS A/V. Get the list of filters and codecs used to render the file (click on the -> arrows for the intermediate pins).

If you are unable to get into the folder at all, right-click it, and pick search. It will list your files. Then you can hover over each until you find the one that causes the problem, and proceed as mentioned above.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/visiting-a-folder-with-avi-files-crashes-windows-explorer-434687.html
Relevancy 68.8%

just like the title says guys.. It happens when I take folders containing videos.. Like 5 or 6 videos. When I open the video, windows explorer just closes it self, but the video plays. Well, thanks in advance guys :D

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi

Ever since the last 'Important Update' of Windows 8 Explorer crashes when I go to the Downloads folder.  I can browse any other folder except this one.  After a few seconds at the folder Explorer crashes and it may or my not start up again.  Its
a complete disaster and I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks

Will

A:Windows 8 Explorer Crashes when I visit the Downloads Folder only

On 2/19/2013 4:35 PM, Retro Will wrote:

Hi

Ever since the last 'Important Update' of Windows 8 Explorer crashes when I go to the Downloads folder.  I can browse any other folder except this one.  After a few seconds at the folder Explorer crashes and it may or my not start up again. 
Its a complete disaster and I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks

Either rollback to a previous restore point before the updates, do an O/S repair if you have the Win 8 install DVD or try what's in the link in an attempt to repair the O/S.
 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
You can use the Windows-key/x-key combination to get to the Admin Command Prompt to issue the command in the link.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/016783cf-7425-4906-bd38-6ef8c352089e/windows-8-explorer-crashes-when-i-visit-the-downloads-folder-only?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 68.8%

I'm one of those people who uses Limewire for my various filesharing needs. And last week, it simply stopped opening. It would get to the point where it was initializing folders, and just crashed. So I uninstalled it, and went to delete all the folders it had created. Well, when I attempted to delete the folder "Shared", windows explorer crashed. Same thing when I try to just open it, or view the folder properties, or even select it with my mouse.

Is there any way to fix this and/or delete the damned folder?

EDIT: I'm running Windows XP Pro, SP1, no other patches or anything
Also, attempting to navigate to the folder from a command prompt is successful, but even just typing "dir" simply quits command.

A:Windows Explorer crashes whenever I try to do anything involving a specific folder

Incomplete avi files are probably to blame. You could try deleting it in Safe Mode or use Emco Move On Boot to delete it at next boot.

Extract this zip and run the exe to fix the avi problem.

You should install SP2 for the 100's of bug fixes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-crashes-whenever-i-try-to-do-anything-involving-a-specific-folder.581602/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello About since I installed jdownloader this afternoon and afterwards removed quot search protect quot with AdwCleaner and Malwarebyte Anti-Malware my Windows explorer regularly freezes It does so whenever I do a right-click on any folder or disk or on the free space inside a folder or disk It also crashes whenever I open folder which I have not recently opened or to which I added a big file bigger than about MB recently I could open some folders since this error Windows folder crashes on click right opening and Explorer came Windows Explorer crashes on right click and opening folder up but after adding a file to them this is not possible anymore Windows explorer being able to open some folders is probably due to it cashing indexing some information I can read everything using Windows Explorer crashes on right click and opening folder cmd cd amp dir and execute files directly though In safe mode Windows explorer works fine What I did so far - Following this guide Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers I removed all the handlers in the registry in HKCR AllFileSystemObjects shellex contextmenuhandlers HKCR Folder shellex contextmenuhandlers and HKCR Directory shellex contextmenuhandlers Deletion of one handle in HKCR Directory shellex contextmenuhandlers called quot WorkFolders quot only produces an error I therefore could not delete this one It did not help Afterwards I recovered the registry keys - I used system recovery to switch back to a state from the day before yesterday - I tried disabling all the files in auto-start using the task-manager with no improvement - I ran quot sfc scannow quot which told me there were some files it was unable to repair I digged into the log and found the file sfc talked about The file was completely missing I got a copy from my notebook and managed to copy that file into the folder But it didn't help What's more I could not rerun sfc to see if the sfc-error persisted because my computer froze during login after the restart during which I also installed some minor Windows updates and I had to force a restart This brought up a bluescreen on the first two following restarts On the third one recovery came up and I chose automatic repair After that the system could start again but quot sfc scannow quot now throws an error saying quot There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete Restart quot I tried running quot dims exe image C cleanup-image revertpendingactions quot in the recovery console which threw an error saying that it was unable to complete I also tried rerunning the startup repair which told me it was unsuccessful sfc is still not running Additionally and I think this started at about the same time Avira cannot start its real-time protection anymore I don't get any useful information out of it just that it encountered some error I reinstalled it twice to no avail Any solutions for the Windows Explorer crashes As you can see I have already tried a lot but nothing seems to solve my problem - Help would be much appreciated

A:Windows Explorer crashes on right click and opening folder

Windows Explorer is one of the most important program in Windows. When you open it, it does lots of things in the background such as updating the registry, updating the start menu etc...
Most of the problems are caused by Shell Extensions and I know you did some registry tweaks. However, before you go on, you need to run from the elevated command prompt:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthsfc /scannow <== Might have to run multiple times until you get the message: Windows did not find any integrity violation.Then use this link: Right Click Menu Lag on my pc

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/50830-windows-explorer-crashes-right-click-opening-folder.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Recently my Videos folder became unaccessible as it would crash Explorer after a couple of seconds after it opens Yes it does open I can go into a subfolder click on a file before it decides to die I'm running Windows bit with a TB harddrive That drive in particular had about gbs of which the Videos folder is unsing up I did some research and found that it may have been due to that folder having too many large files I personally think that my computer is more than adequate to handle them but tried Windows opening Explorer upon folder Videos crashes switching the view from Thumbnails to List which didn't help at all Oh and of course I ran virus-scan and malware scan and all that found nada I also saw that it may be due to a corrupt video file which Videos folder crashes Windows Explorer upon opening does seem possible but I do not know a way to solve that problem as do not know which file it could be and even if I did I would have no way of getting to it before it crashes Deleting the folder is not an option There are simply too many valuable videos collected over time in there no not pr n so scratch that off the possible list of problems Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/videos-folder-crashes-windows-explorer-upon-opening-480483.html
Relevancy 68.8%

As the title says, every time I open my download folder a message pops up saying that Windows Explorer has stopped working.

Sometimes it crashes straight away, and other times it crashes after about 10 seconds, after the green loading bar has reached a certain point.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

A:Windows Explorer crashes when opening downloads folder

Welcome
See if it works with a clean boot? If it does follow procedure to find the cause
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/287899-windows-explorer-crashes-when-opening-downloads-folder.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I'm not sure when this started, but now as soon as I try to access anything in a specific folder, Windows Explorer will crash 100% of the time. If I so much as right click the directory itself, WE will crash.

I've already tried using ShellExtend View to check Context Menu Handlers. I checked all the ones not made by Microsoft by disabling them one by one and checking to see if any of them is causing the problem. None of them seems to be the culprit.

This folder contains a few hundred gigabytes of software, so I can't just delete it.

A:Windows Explorer crashes upon accessing a specific folder

I can open folders inside the directory, but if I right click on any file or folder in that directory, WE crashes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-explorer-crashes-upon-accessing-a-specific-folder-770954.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I click on "Libraries", then "Pictures" then a folder in the "Pictures" folder. What I want to do is then open a second (third, fourth) folder so that I can move images between them without the previous one closing.

I feel I am missing a simple step and look forward to your helping me correct this delimma.

A:Libraries/Pictures/folder I want to open more w/out closing others

You can right-click on a folder and go to 'Open in new window'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/187626-libraries-pictures-folder-i-want-open-more-w-out-closing-others.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello Everybody thanks for taking the time to have cd-rw cant disc windows explorer, open crashes a look at my thread Basically I am running a hp G laptop and it's all good apart from I bought some blank cd-rw discs to burn some mp s to play in my car This worked well discs play well etc but now I have come to cd-rw crashes windows explorer, cant open disc overwrite the discs to put something new on them afterall they are rewritable discs When I insert the disc into the machine nothing pops up and the laptop doesn't think a disc is inserted I open quot computer quot and look at cd drive e and it doesn't find the cd then I rightclick the e drive icon and the blue circle icon spins round for a while then windows explorer crashes and have to ctrl-alt-del to get it up and running again It only affects the windows explorer everything else runs as normal It happens on all discs I burnt and now want to overwrite Am I being silly and missing something obvious or is it a fault in Vista Please help Ste

A:cd-rw crashes windows explorer, cant open disc

Try this procedure for capturing a memory dump (it should work with Vista): [2-Int] Generating a memory dump for a crashing process - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/280880-cd-rw-crashes-windows-explorer-cant-open-disc.html
Relevancy 68.37%

windows x Win Bin open the after in crashes Recycle Explorer i 7! Windows bit home sp hi when i open the recycle bin it crashes after seconds WITH GUEST ACCOUNT I DON'T HAVE THAT PROBLEM Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name explorer exe Application Version Application Timestamp d ee Fault Module Name msmpeg vdec dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a bdff Exception Code c Exception Offset a f OS Version Locale ID Additional Information c Additional Information c b efd f d d a Additional Information Additional Information ba da d b b b Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Log Name Application Source Application Error Date Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer dell Description Faulting Windows Explorer crashes after i open the Recycle Bin in Win 7! application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x d ee Faulting module name msmpeg vdec dll version time stamp x a bdff Exception code xc Fault offset x a f Faulting process id xa Faulting application start time x cd e d e Windows Explorer crashes after i open the Recycle Bin in Win 7! Faulting application path C Windows Explorer EXE Faulting module Windows Explorer crashes after i open the Recycle Bin in Win 7! path C Windows System msmpeg vdec dll Report Id b b eb -a - e - - eceab Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt dell lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt Explorer EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt d ee lt Data gt lt Data gt msmpeg vdec dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt a bdff lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt a f lt Data gt lt Data gt a lt Data gt lt Data gt cd e d e lt Data gt lt Data gt C Windows Explorer EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt C Windows System msmpeg vdec dll lt Data gt lt Data gt b b eb -a - e - - eceab lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt i don't know if this helps but i had this too COM SURROGATE Description Faulting Application Path C Windows System dllhost exe Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name DllHost exe Application Version Application Timestamp a bca Fault Module Name msmpeg vdec dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a bdff Exception Code c Exception Offset a f OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a Additional Information a d bcfdc bd acb c c e Additional Information bfa Additional Information bfa f dd d b c Files that help describe the problem WERInternalMetadata xml AppCompat txt memory hdmp minidump mdmp

A:Windows Explorer crashes after i open the Recycle Bin in Win 7!

You may want to take a look at: Fix a corrupted user profile

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230927-windows-explorer-crashes-after-i-open-recycle-bin-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 68.37%

My OS is Windows XP and the message I get is quot Windows Explorer has encountered an problem and must shut down Sorry for the inconvienence quot This also happens when I right-click on the desktop but after that message I get a similar one from Dr Postmortem Debugger or something like that and the crashes Explorer open Windows I My when Musi computer freezes Thanks in advance for any help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT Windows Explorer crashes when I open My Musi system services Windows Explorer crashes when I open My Musi exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINNT system nvsvc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT wanmpsvc exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C WINNT system wscntfy exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Program Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com cus www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com cus www yahoo com O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINNT System msjava dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINNT System msjava dll O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - DPF RaptisoftGameLoader - http www miniclip com hamsterball tgameloader cab O - DPF - F - BB - D -FA D F A AB YInstStarter Class - http us dl yimg com download yah nst cab O - DPF B F-D BF- -B -FDC F F E B FilePlanet Download Control Class - http www fileplanet com fpdlmgr c DC cab O - DPF D E CBDA-E E- -A C- EF BF Measurement Service Client v - http ccon futuremark com global msc cab O - DPF F C - E - B - A -BA D D D Secure Delivery - http www gamespot com KDX kdx cab nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

My OS is Windows XP and the message I get is "Windows Explorer has encountered an problem and must shut down. Sorry for the inconvienence."

This also happens when I right-click on the desktop, but after that message, I get a similar one from Dr. Postmortem Debugger (or something like that) and the computer freezes.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Relevancy 68.37%

EVERY TIME
I get the message Windows Explorer has Stopped Working ... Looking for a Solution ... will notify you if a solution is available.

Any ideas

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-crashes-if-i-right-click-on-a-folder-in-left-pane.609224/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all,

I've just transferred all my work from one laptop to a new one in the expectation that this would make life quicker & easier - not a bit of it. Instead, I find that windows explorer crashes out every time I try to access a folder on the C: drive with lots of photoshop images in it (although it seems to work fine when I try to access the same folder on my backup E: drive). It hangs, then gives me an error message saying its got to close. The details it provides when prompted include a list of 109 modules followed by a .dll file, and a series of different threads. . . ?

System information is Windows NT 5.1 Build: 2600

Any thoughts from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows explorer crashes when opening a folder with lots of images in - why?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-crashes-when-opening-a-folder-with-lots-of-images-in-why.461714/
Relevancy 67.94%

I m having a problem with explore exe crashing when I close control panel it seems to only happen when I close control panel I have no problem opening any other programs folders or files I have removed everything that I installed right before I started having the problem and after I started having it At when Crashes Control [Resolved] Panel Explorer.exe closing first I was getting this error when closing Control Panel Application error Explorer exe The instruction at referenced memory at quot x quot The memory could not be written And also nothing was showing up in my Event Viewer Application and Security logs I could view [Resolved] Explorer.exe Crashes when closing Control Panel the system log by hitting refresh though Since then I ran sfc scannow chkdisk f defrag and reverted [Resolved] Explorer.exe Crashes when closing Control Panel to IE Ran full system scan with Norton AV Pro SpyBot S amp D Hijack This and Norton s Tool for cleaning Blaster Worm Oh Yea ran Windows Washer to This fixed the Event Viewer and also fixed this error Application error Explorer exe The instruction at referenced memory at quot x quot The memory could not be written I did the defrag last after and running all the above mentioned tools and uninstalling all the software About the first hours or about times I opened and closed Control Panel after doing the defrag everything ran fine then I started getting the quot Explorer exe has generated errors quot BTW Zone Alarm is not installed at the moment I don t think that is what was causing it but I m waiting to reinstall it until I fix this problem Besides that system specs are accurate I made sure to update Norton and Spybot before running them I also noticed explorer exe had instances running sometimes after it crashed and restarted killing one of the explorer exe processes didnt seem to have an effect didnt seem to matter which one I closed I have attached my Hijack This log file could someone tell me if they recognize the System Drivers entry that refrences the C WINNT System quot Ssys ini serv exe quot I cant find that file on my comp anywhere Any help or suggestions will be very much appreciated Edited am EST Sorry about the messed up format of the hijack this log I attached here are the contents of that file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT system DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXE C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C WINNT System nvsvc exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINNT explorer exe lt ---------------------------------------XXXXX C Program Files Ahead Nero nero exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINNT explorer exe lt ---------------------------------------XXXXX D My Downloads HIJACK THIS HijackThis exe O - BHO no name - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet fgiebar dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe qu... Read more

Relevancy 67.51%

I have Windows XP Pro, sp 2.

I use Windows Explorer a lot but it always opens in My Documents. I'd like to get it to open in some other folder. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

royeo

Relevancy 67.51%

I have Windows XP Pro, SP2.

When I open Explorer now it opens in My Documents. Is there a way to cause it to open in a different folder.

Thanks,

royeo

A:How to cause Windows Explorer to open in a certain folder

Anywhere you want:

http://www.dewassoc.com/support/useful/windows_explorer.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-cause-windows-explorer-to-open-in-a-certain-folder.569523/
Relevancy 67.51%

My computer specs Windosw Vista Home Premium Service Pack System Manufacturer TOSHIBA Model Satellite P Laptop Rating Processor Intel R CoreJ TM Duo CPU T GHz Memory RAM mp4 mp3 Explorer I Windows When Video or Crashes A Open File GB System type -bit Operating System Hi When I open a mp or mp video file everything freezes and I get a message that says the following Windows Explorer has stopped working Windows can check for a Windows Explorer Crashes When I Open A mp3 or mp4 Video File solution to the problem gt Check online for a solution and close the program gt Close the program And the following is the problem signature Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name Explorer exe Application Version Application Timestamp e da Fault Module Name ntdll dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp cb Exception Code Exception Offset e OS Version Locale ID Additional Information d Additional Information ad ec aa c e b d Windows Explorer Crashes When I Open A mp3 or mp4 Video File c Additional Information d Additional Information ad ec aa c e b d c Read our privacy statement Microsoft Online Crash Analysis I need some assistance and a possible fix as soon as possible for this issue Thank you ocaj

A:Windows Explorer Crashes When I Open A mp3 or mp4 Video File

Exception Code 0x80000003 = hard assert - breakpoint.

Are you using WMP or other?
Does it occur with EVERY mp3 & mp4 file?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-explorer-crashes-when-i-open-a-mp3-or-mp4-video-file-554366.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello everyone I have file trying properties to Explorer certain open crashes when Windows been unable to view the properties of certain files Whenever I select the file right-click and select Properties Windows Explorer crashes and restarts The same thing happens when I try to select Properties through the Organize menu dropdown I found a couple of relevant threads in this forum but they don't seem to have been resolved http www sevenforums com general-d ties-file html Right Click Properties Crash My issue Windows Explorer crashes when trying to open certain file properties is more similar to the first thread It is only files not folders or drives And it is only certain types of files the affected file types seem to be video files in general while all other file types seem OK although mp files seem to be a mixture of both some works and some fails Anyway I have tried all methods provided by Sir George in the first thread My graphic drivers are up to date the sfc scan came up clean screenshot the Microsoft Safety Scanner came up clean screenshot and the problem persisted after booting in safe mode as well as after a clean boot I have even scanned and fixed the registry using AVG PC TuneUp turned off the Data Execution Prevention DEP feature and scanned the hard drives for errors There were no errors found from scanning the hard drives and the problem remained Can anyone please provide me with further advice or instructions Any insight would be very much appreciated Thanks

A:Windows Explorer crashes when trying to open certain file properties

Have you tried uninstalling AVG?
What is the file association of video files (avi mpg mp4 etc.)

Mine is set for
.avi - Windows Media Player.
all .mp* - Windows Media Player

Look in Control Panel, Default Programs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/333447-windows-explorer-crashes-when-trying-open-certain-file-properties.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Unlike the drives listed in Computer/Windows Explorer, every folder that is also displayed on the Desktop (e.g. User, Libraries, Network, Control Panel) won't collapse automatically in the Navigation Pane when closing the Explorer. So most
time I'm starting the Explorer, the first thing I have to do is closing the folder-trees of the directories I don't use and don't want to see expanded.
Is there any possibility to change that annoyance?

A:Collapse all folder-trees when closing Explorer

Hi, Mathrius:
That state information is stored in the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Modules\NavPane. If you delete the
ExpandedState registry value, the next time you open Explorer it will show the "default" tree state.
I'm not aware of a better way to reset that information, or always show the default state. Maybe if you remove the "Set value" permission on that registry key for your user... but that's a bit hacky and I don't know if it can cause other unwanted problems.Microsoft MVP Windows Expert Consumer | http://www.wintecnico.com

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/48ebc898-290d-405f-b4d5-c3dc72278b76/collapse-all-foldertrees-when-closing-explorer?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi. I'm new here... Anyway, whenever I close a folder (i.e. My Computer, My Documents, Recycle Bin, any folder I've made, etc...) the computer hangs for like 3 seconds then closes the folder then opens an Internet Explorer Window of about:blank. This takes a long time especially since opening folders is what I do a lot. Anyone have any ideas of what to do. I've run McAfee Anti-virus and Spybot Search and Destroy but the problem still persists.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-folder-problem-internet-explorer-pop-up.568782/
Relevancy 66.65%

Window XP pro all updates current gig memory amd dual core I tried to open a video file saved to my desk top but got a data entry protection DEP warning that made it close This happens with every video folder on my computer I am able to open VLC and load the videos from there but not the actual video folder so that Explorer Crashes Unable To Files, Any Video Open Windows I can burn them I logged off and restarted in safe mode While in safe mode I ran Spybot S amp D AdAware and CWshredder All three programs removed Unable To Open Any Video Files, Windows Explorer Crashes items I then rebooted in normal mode and I am still getting the same problem I have a hijackthis log I deleted the HJT log after surfing the web somemore All my problems started after I installed the k-lite codec pack I have now uninstalled the program but still have the problem I reinstalled the program and still have a problem How do I clean up k-lite What is a better solution

A:Unable To Open Any Video Files, Windows Explorer Crashes

I found out that if I disable the thumbnail view for videos that It will not crash. I went to start-> run and typed: regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. Now it works fine. It should work with the thumbnails though, as it did before.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84218/unable-to-open-any-video-files-windows-explorer-crashes/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

I use Windows Explorer a lot, and I open it with Win+E. For unknown reasons, Windows Explorer on my new laptop opens in the "My Computer" folder. I want it to open in "My Documents", how is this done?

The properties of the Explorer icon in the start menu show Target: %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe and Start in: %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%. Maybe this should be changed. Please note: I do NOT want the solution where a new Explorer shortcut is created on the desktop with an appropriate folder pointer. That means Win+E can't be used, and another pesky shortcut on the desktop.

Suggestions?

Max

A:Force Windows Explorer to open in a given folder?

You can edit this Registry key.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore\ddeexec
I changed the Default to T: and now Windows + e opens my T: drive automatically. This article will explain it a little better.

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/Article/ArticleID/43043/43043.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/force-windows-explorer-to-open-in-a-given-folder.457934/
Relevancy 66.65%

I cannot find how to open root folder instead of the libraries folder. It seems the way I did it in Win7 will not work. Any ideas. Thanks.

A:Open Windows Explorer in root folder?

Hello Gary, and welcome to Eight Forums.

What were you wanting it to open to?

Windows Explorer Taskbar Icon - Change Open To Target - Windows 7 Forums

If C, then use:

C:\

If Computer, then use:

%windir%\explorer.exe shell:MyComputerFolder

or

%windir%\explorer.exe /n,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/10920-open-windows-explorer-root-folder.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Whenever I use the preview pane in Windows Explorer to view the contents of, say, a .reg file, .txt doc, or .ini file, it crashes with "Preview Handler Surrogate Host has stopped working". I click the "Close the program" option, which is followed by an Application Error: "Exception EAccessViolation in module ShellEh428.dll" etc. I close that as well. Then the preview pane works without having to close and reopen the Explorer window. In fact, if I do close and reopen it, it happens all over again.

It's not that big an inconvenience since the Explorer window itself doesn't actually crash, but it'd sure be nice to find out why this is happening and if it can be prevented.

A:Explorer Preview Pane crashes then works after closing error message.

Sounds like your dll file may be corrubted, you can try downloading that dll and replacing the one on your pc and see if that resolves your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204968-explorer-preview-pane-crashes-then-works-after-closing-error-message.html
Relevancy 66.65%

First let me say thanks to anyone who can offer any help ok so i usually dont go to forums for help in fact this week was my first time posting on any forums Ive tried other forum sites and have read this one in the past for help so decided to try here as well im fairly competent with computers and here are my specs CPU intel q Ghz RAM Gb HDD TB OS vista x Sp need anything else just ask Ive had CPU folder usage opening/closing High explorer.exe this problem for about weeks now and have been trying to fix it for awhile now Whenever I open a folder on my desktop explorer.exe High CPU usage opening/closing folder explorer jumps to and the folder takes roughly seconds to open Whenever I try closing the folder it takes about seconds to close Ive tested this by creating an empty folder on the desktop so that there are no directories in it and then opening the folder Other files on the desktop work fine such as text documents and exe files I ran process explorer and under the threads tab there are two things that take up CPU SHLWAPI dll and BROWSEUI dll ive been unable to fix this issue so any help is appreciated Ive been using process explorer and ShellExView to try to solve the problem -Thanks for any help Edit oh and i know its frowned on to post questions in multiple forums but i thought by branching out it would help If you want to see the progress ive made so far heres the other place http forum sysinternals com forum posts asp TID -Thanks

A:explorer.exe High CPU usage opening/closing folder

ok so i guess i fixed the problem. Simply by running chkdsk (which took a very long time) the problem is fixed for now i guess it was a corrupteed file somewhere.
-thanks for the suggestions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/explorer-exe-high-cpu-usage-opening-closing-folder-433787.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Prior to a few weeks back where I made added a function to the folder file type it didn t matter if I doubled clicked on a file folder on either the left hand pane or the right hand pane of Windows Explorer Folder View Either way opened the folder and displayed in the contents in the right hand pane Since I made the open and shortcuts Folder Windows to folder documents" not Explorer and "my the change below however if I click on a folder in the left hand quot Folders quot pane it works as before and opens the folder and displayed in the contents in the right hand pane However if I click on any folders in the right hand files pane a new windows explorer window opens a displays the quot my documents quot This is driving me nuts The same thing happens if you click on a shortcut to a folder Instead of the folder opening it opens a new window and displays quot my documents quot This problems started Windows Explorer and Folder shortcuts open to "my documents" and not the folder when I added a new function to the folder file folder file type properties to print out the contents of a folder by calling a batch file that piped the content to a file In the file association for file folders in the advanced section I now have three functions - the afore mentioned create file list - explore the default and - find For the folder file type I just have - explore and - open Any suggestions on how to put things back to the way Windows Explorer always worked before make clicking folders in the right hand pane open them up properly in the same window as per clicking them on the left hand pane nbsp

A:Windows Explorer and Folder shortcuts open to "my documents" and not the folder

Welcome to TSG....

You can try doing a system restore to a day or so before you made the change to view. It will not affect any data that you have but you might have to re-install any programs that you have had since that date.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-and-folder-shortcuts-open-to-my-documents-and-not-the-folder.557327/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey there,
I was wondering if any of you could help me with a little problem. I just changed computers, and copied all of my files from XP onto an external hard-drive. When I plugged this HDD into Vista I could open the hard-drive it's self but not the "Freecom Sync" briefcase which contained all of the files on the hard-drive.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-crashes-when-i-try-to-open-the-briefcase-in-my-external-hard-drive.641699/
Relevancy 66.22%

pls help me.. ive got problem with my laptop. when i try to open my folder, my monitor starts blinking. a window internet explorer keeps flashing on and off. it started when tried to put a password on one of my folder using zip. i just copy what i saw in youtube. vista home premium.
thanks a lot.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/170301-windows-internet-explorer-keeps-flashing-off-when-trying-open-folder.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I was doing some work in JBuilder9 when after a couple of hours of work, I tried to look at another page in my project and JBuilder froze.

I then made a zipped up copy of the folder I was working in so I had a backup of my work before I force quit JBuilder.

After I force quit JBuilder, each time I open the folder (parent folder) containing both the zipped copy and the original project files...I get a Windows Explorer error and closes all of the windows and reloads the taskbar etc.

How do I fix this? How do I get the zipped file?

Help.

A:Whenever I open up 1 specific folder, I get a Windows Explorer Error

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall JBuilder9?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/whenever-i-open-up-1-specific-folder-i-get-a-windows-explorer-error-44193.html
Relevancy 66.22%

when i download a file and then try to open it. i get an error that the specified file has encountered a problem and needs to close. if i cut and past the file to a location outside the folder i can then run the program.

Relevancy 65.79%

this is the log i did with hijackthis Please advice and also my download speed varies when i check it on the online speed-o-meter is there like a downloader or trojan of some sort Logfile of Trend Micro Explorer close open crashes IE crashes files tabs, whenever when i i video HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C IE crashes whenever i close tabs, Explorer crashes when i open video files Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA IE crashes whenever i close tabs, Explorer crashes when i open video files exe C Documents and Settings All Users WINDOWS Application Data EPSON EPW SSRP E S RP EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files ASUS GamerOSD GamerOSD exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr LVComSX exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIBGP EXE C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar no name - FFDE - - f -B D-FC A F C - no file O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r O - HKLM Run CTDVDDET C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run SBDrvDet C Program Files Creative SB Drive Det SBDrvDet exe r O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run Nv... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie-crashes-whenever-i-close-tabs-explorer-crashes-when-i-open-video-files-286375.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm set up to run folder windows in a separate instance of Explorer for better stability. But now I'm having problems. When I close all the windows for the second instance of Explorer, the process frequently does not terminate. So then when I try to open another folder window, nothing happens. I have to quit Explorer manually to get it working again. This has happened several times now, and I'm getting tired of it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm running XP MCE 2002 Edition, all the latest updates.

A:Explorer.exe hangs instead of closing, folders won't open.

Explorer uses up a lot of resources and your method may not be best suited if those, particularly memory, is in limited supply.

You might try doing a "system restore" to a date when there were no problems; these can be undone.

Most problems I've had with explorer disappear on a reboot.

But you can test in Safe Mode and also test using a "clean boot" method of troubleshooting.

CLEAN BOOT TROUBLESHOOTING technique

First, restart in Safe Mode if necessary -- (tap the f8 key promptly on startup and choose the Safe Mode option from the boot menu) or Normal mode

Then:

Run msconfig and select the "Services" tab. Check "Hide Microsoft Services" and then disable the rest. Also uncheck "load startup group" on the general page.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 << written for Vista, but applies equally well to XP

Now restart and test the issue at hand

If no problems, run msconfig and recheck half the disabled items on the Services tab. Test again. If the problem recurs, UNcheck half the items you just checked to narrow down the culprit.

If the problem didn't occur, check the other half, so all the Services are enabled -- proceed to do this on the startup tab as well.

Get the idea? You want to isolate the problem to a specific startup if possible.

Note: if you already have items unchecked under msconfig > startups and are in &#8220;selective&#8221; startup mode &#8211; you should note what these are before beginning. They will need to be de-selected again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-hangs-instead-of-closing-folders-wont-open.782766/
Relevancy 65.79%

this morning when i turned my computer on, (vista) i got to my desktop and my anti virus popped up saying i have a virus. i think it was a vundo, or sumthing like that...my anti-virus instantly removed it...or so it said....now my windows explorer and icons are gone, cept my sidebar...i went into task manager and attempted to manually load explorer again...closed instantly....i tried add remove programs it closed instantly. the only thing that seems to work is my anti virus....but it wont tell me anything.. /sigh....oh and btw it does the same thing in safe mode, and i've tried all avalable options on startup

A:explorer closing/unable to open apps

does anyone has solution to this problem bexos the same situation brought me here. i can't do anything through my regular user as it keep displaying Windows Explorer has stopped working & nothing can be done, no application load, nothing.
I login through another user on the same Notebook, IE works fine, I uninstalled the last application before the incidence but no luck after login to the problematic environment.
Your urgent help will be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/explorer-closing-unable-to-open-apps-275907.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Every time i try to open a folder ( Mycomputer , MyDocuments , etc. ) explorer.exe freezes for about 5 min and then the folder opens. Sometimes it doesn't open at all and i have to restart it using Task Manager.
I had this problem before but somehow i fixed it. The folders won't open but after 1 folder has been opened the problem stops ( until i close all folders , then i have to wait 5min again ).

I tried using Desktop Maestro , MalwareBytes , AVG scan and defragmenting the disks... nothing seems to work.

The first time i had this problem i did scans and then i deleted some files to make some space , restarted my PC , restarted explorer.exe , deactivated some programs on startup and then the problem was fixed but i don't know which of these did it.
Also i rarely Shut Down my PC , mostly put it on Sleep, could that cause problems?

Relevancy 65.36%

I have a DVD with a lot of my pictures on it I have accumulated over the years, recently I have put it in to try and look at some of the pictures, and anytime I click on a folder from the DVD with the pictures in it, the green bar at the top goes about 1/4 of the way across and freezes and then it comes up and says windows explorer has stopped responding.

I know the DVD is not bad as I have tried it on another computer and it opens fine, even trying to open the same exact folder that gave me this problem the first time.

anyone have any idea what this problem might be or how to fix it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explorer-stops-working-when-trying-to-open-folder-form-a-dvd-494971.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello A friend just showed me a weird problem he is having with his computer He has a folder under My Documents Folder in not Explorer, but File the Windows in appears Open dialog in which he keeps his work files He emails these files using Gmail which he accesses via Internet Explorer All worked fine until a few days ago when he noticed that when he clicked the link in Gmail to attach a file his folder wasn't listed in the Open File dialog He looked in Windows Explorer and could see the folder OK I tried opening Word and using the Open File dialog there and the folder wasn't visible If he clicks in the address bar and adds the folder name to the path it opens the folder but shows it as empty I actually has two subfolders If he adds the name of a subfolder then the Open File dialog shows the files in that folder I checked the permissions on the folder and couldn't see anything odd What I don't understand is how the folder can be visible in Windows Explorer and not in the Open File dialog Anyone any ideas Thanks

A:Folder appears in Windows Explorer, but not in the Open File dialog

Rightclick on the folder where you can actually find it in Explorer, look at the path. That is where it now resides.

If it cannot be found there when browsing in from Computer>C then I'd back up the files in it to a new folder you temporarily create in C root, delete the problem file and recreate it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289027-folder-appears-windows-explorer-but-not-open-file-dialog.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello I know this has been covered elsewhere before and before coming here to ask this question I scoured Google and multiple forums and threads and I can't seem to get a straight answer I have two PCs one is running Windows Professional x and the folder to in new open in Ctrl+Click Explorer Windows window other one is running Windows Professional bit On the bit machine when I am in Windows Explorer if I Ctrl+Click to open folder in new window in Windows Explorer hold down Ctrl+Click to open folder in new window in Windows Explorer the Ctrl key and click on a folder in the left navigation pane it opens that folder in a new window This is behaviour similar to right clicking on the folder and selecting quot Open in New Window quot but I like the keyboard shortcut and that's my habit As far as I can remember this is the way it has always worked on this particular computer and although I do have Classic Shell installed that is only to get back the Up button that I liked from Windows XP I don't think I modified the registry and I don't have AutoHotKey installed My mystery is that no matter what I do Folder Options registry etc I cannot seem to replicate this behaviour on the other computer which is running the same operating system in bit mode It's odd because sometimes on computers running Windows at work I will try to do the same thing and it won't work and I would just think that's odd perhaps there is a setting somewhere And now it doesn't work on one of my own computers and I can't see what the difference is in the settings between the two computers I saw that someone had asked this question in the past and the suggestions given were to either do Ctrl N to open new window and then click on the folder you want or right click and say Open in New Window It is much easier to just quickly hold down Ctrl and then click on the folder I use it all the time and it definitely works in Windows on at least my main bit machine Can anyone explain what I am missing here It's a small thing and probably something very obvious but help would be much appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Ctrl+Click to open folder in new window in Windows Explorer

Well, I guess I had answered my own question above! Sorry for wasting anyone's time that did bother to read but apparently that Ctrl+Click is a feature of Classic Shell, just not one that is obvious among the settings. I installed Classic Shell on the other PC and bingo, it worked like I wanted. Mystery solved. I guess for others looking for the same functionality, Classic Shell is the way to go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/324710-ctrl-click-open-folder-new-window-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello all.
I have been having an issue for the past couple of days. I cannot open my downloads folder. Since I'm using Chrome, this is a bit of a problem. Every time I open it, Windows Explorer restarts. It does not reopen the folder, however. I have run virus scans on the folder and my computer and found nothing. I have a x64 bit Windows 7 computer. It is a Compaq with 4 gigs of RAM.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

A:Windows Explorer crashing every time I open download folder

Just for an experiment, can you copy this downloaded folder to another folder, say a Temp folder or one that you created for yourself, if yes, then try opening your downloaded folder from there.
This is just a test to see if your "Downloaded folder" might have some special Administrative rights or not.

Good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-crashing-every-time-i-open-download-folder.971169/
Relevancy 65.36%

I recently bought a second internal dvd drive with Windows drive files Explorer view open DVD to will folder not physically installed it plugged DVD drive will not open folder to view files with Windows Explorer it into the last remaining SATA port on the mother board When I inserted DVD drive will not open folder to view files with Windows Explorer a data dvd autoplay popped up giving me one option - to open folder to view files with Windows Explorer When I clicked that option nothing happened When I insert a DVD drive will not open folder to view files with Windows Explorer blank dvd Nero opens its burning app as it is set to and I'm able to burn a dvd on that drive Nero is also set to verify the compilation which it does with no problem When i reinsert the same dvd the same option pops up with the same result - nothing When insert an audio cd Winamp will play the cd but I'm not able to quot open quot the cd with Windows Explorer By trying all combinations of cables and dvd drives to make sure that both the cables and drives were working properly I determined that whatever drive was plugged into that last SATA port would not function properly The only options in my BIOS that I could find referring to SATA drives was to enable or disable the SATA controller I'd really like to have both dvd drives fully functional and any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:DVD drive will not open folder to view files with Windows Explorer

First of all explain in detail...

1.DVD Drive is visible in My computer?
If not so remove the dvd drive and reconnect to system.

2.Can you eject automatically the DVD from my computer Through eject option?

3.Can you eject manually??

4.Can you View files and folders in drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/333006-dvd-drive-will-not-open-folder-view-files-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Many thanks to Stantly who solved my previous problem with windows explorer clicking folders opening in new windows despite the quot open in same window quot being set quot Explorer now opens folders if I click on them in the left hand quot Folders quot pane but if I click on any folders in the right hand files pane in opens a new window to quot my documents quot All the problems started when I added added a new function to the folder file folder file type properties to print out the contents of a folder by calling a batch file that piped the content to a file In the file association for file folders in the advanced section I now have three functions - the afore mentioned create file list - explore the default and - find For the folder file type I just have - explore and - open Any suggestions on how to make clicking folders in the right hand pane opwn them up propoerly in the same window as per clicking them on the left hand pane nbsp

A:Windows explorer folder click goes open new window to my documents

I have exactly the same problem. Did you ever find an answer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-folder-click-goes-open-new-window-to-my-documents.542769/
Relevancy 65.36%

i already ran my norton antivirus, the spybot search and destroy software looking for malware but there was no thread. also i deleted some programs that i thought could be adding right click capabilities to my right click menu(as even if i right click on a folder,it freezes) but it still the same.hope you guys can hellp me.

A:my windows 8 pc freezes everytime i try to open any windows explorer folder?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-windows-8-pc-freezes-everytime-i-try-to-open-any-windows-explorer-folder.1124394/
Relevancy 64.93%

i am unable to run gmer or rkunhooker they both lock up my computer but i was able to run dds scr i will attach the logs here is ark txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Skitz at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Internet web 7 mozilla open to keep explorer trying when and closing pages Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exe C Windows system svchost exe Internet explorer 7 and mozilla keep closing when trying to open web pages -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files iolo Common Lib ioloServiceManager exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System Internet explorer 7 and mozilla keep closing when trying to open web pages svchost exe Internet explorer 7 and mozilla keep closing when trying to open web pages -k HPZ C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe E dds scr C Windows system conhost exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO PC Tools Browser Guard BHO a f d b- - ff -b - cce e - c program files spyware doctor bdt PCTBrowserDefender dll BHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton engine coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton engine IPSBHO DLL BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Bing Bar BHO d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c program files msn toolbar platform npwinext dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files norton engine coIEPlg dll TB c program files msn toolbar platform npwinext dll - dcb -df - - - fa b f - c program files msn toolbar platform npwinext dll TB PC Tools Browser Guard ea- a- b-adf - d e cc - c program files spyware doctor bdt PCTBrowserDefender dll uRun Sidebar c program files windows sidebar sidebar exe autoRun mRun Bing Bar quot c program files msn toolbar platform mswinext exe quot mRun Microsoft Default Manager quot c program files microsoft search enhancement pack default manager DefMgr exe quot -resume mRun ISTray quot c program files spyware doctor pctsTray exe quot mRun iolo Startup quot c program files iolo common lib ioloLMan... Read more

Relevancy 64.93%

Last night out of nowhere I noticed that every seconds or so the computer would seem to freeze and then unfreeze after about seconds or so The computer has never done this before I decided to restart and this is when things started getting bad After restarting the computer seemed to boot up fine but when open safe extremely Explorer slow, crashes, mode Freezing, programs Windows won't I clicked on firefox it seemed to lock up completely The taskbar didn t seem to be affected so I clicked start The frame of the start window opened but everything inside was white and that too appeared frozen I hit ctrl-alt-del and nothing happened the computer stayed locked I turned the computer off manually and tried restarting in safe mode The computer started to boot until it reached a specific process I don t remember which It was stuck on that process for about minutes and then it just turned itself off I turned the computer back on again and let it boot fully while I took a shower so it had about minutes to fully boot Windows Explorer Freezing, extremely slow, safe mode crashes, programs won't open I come back and everything seems to be working icons are highlighting as I hovered over them the start Windows Explorer Freezing, extremely slow, safe mode crashes, programs won't open menu worked right-click menu s appeared etc I opened up a folder with some movies on my desktop It loaded fine I click a movie and it begins playing but then all of the sudden the whole thing freezes and I can t open anything in the background I hit ctrl-alt-del and this time it actually worked I chose task manager and although it took minutes to actually appear I was happy to see it I checked the CPU usage and it was not above percent even while the computer was locking up which was bizzare to me I used msconfig to disable everything non-vital from startup but the problem persists Every Windows Explorer Freezing, extremely slow, safe mode crashes, programs won't open now and then I ll get a Windows Solution box pop-up telling me there s a problem with my hard disk I performed a disk check and it found nothing It seems that if I click a bunch of items programs folders browsers the computer locks up initially but if I walk away for or so minutes I ll come back and they ll be opened Also occasionally I ll get a box that pops-up telling me various Windows services have been terminated These have included Java Windows Indexer whatever service was controlling the speakers and others My computer was extremely fast before this and for the life of me I m lost as to what to do I can t run anything restore anything or install anything Here are my specs HP Compaq p Vista Home Basic Gb RAM ATI Radeon HD Mobility Intel Centrino DualCore Ghz nbsp

A:Windows Explorer Freezing, extremely slow, safe mode crashes, programs won't open

hi have you tried running sfc /scnw or chkdsk
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66978-system-files-sfc-command.html
http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-vista/how-to-use-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-freezing-extremely-slow-safe-mode-crashes-programs-wont-open.844548/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have had a problem with a specific folder or two on my computer, when I open the folder I get the error message that windows explorer has stopped working.  It only happens with specific folders and everything else works fine.  I did a lot of reading to figure out a fix. I finally tried right clicking the program explorer.exe located in C:Windows and chose "run as administrator" and this fixed the problem. Note that the error message details list an application crash of windows.exe I thought I would post this to help others.  I don't know if this is the same problem some folks describe with a continual loop of the error message, problems opening the control panel or problems upon start up.  But if you have a similar problem to the one I described try this very simple fix.  Cheers

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0dc92068-38db-45bd-a6de-221467aa9de5/windows-explorer-stopped-working-when-trying-to-open-a-specific-folderand-solution?forum=itprovistaapps
Relevancy 61.92%

Example I am looking at a full window of folders with five coloumns of folders. If I double click on a folder in any coloumn except the far left coloumn, all of the coloumns move to the left by one coloumn space. Reseting file and view settings does not
fix the problem. I have seen this on Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, and Windows 7 Enterprise. It does not matter if it is on a domain or not or if a group policy is setting the home page.
This means I have to click twice as many times to open a folder in list view and that is the view I really want to use. Clicking twice as many times is also not good for carpel tunnel. This happens on my home and work computers and I have seen it on other
Windows 7 computers. Neither does the reg hack for MIUs or something similiar to that.

A:Windows 7 Explorer in list view moves coloumns of folders to left when you double click folder to open it

Hi,

That’s a by design feature, but you can apply view settings to all folders of the same type. Here are
the detailed steps:

1. Open a folder and make changes as you like.
2. Press Alt to display the menu bar. Click Tools -> Folder options.
3. Click View tab.
4. Press the "Apply to folders" button.
5. Click Apply and click OK.

Note: The "Apply to folders" settings apply the current view setting to all folders that are optimized for the
same content as the folder you have open. This setting will not apply to the folders which is not the same type.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Leo   HuangPlease remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a841a962-ec6a-44fa-a65d-a5ad6a44691f/windows-7-explorer-in-list-view-moves-coloumns-of-folders-to-left-when-you-double-click-folder-to?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 61.92%

when I try to move a file using quot Move To Folder quot Folder" Explorer crashes Windows "Move To Windows Explorer says it has encountered a problem and must shutdown then after I "Move To Folder" crashes Windows Explorer close that dialog send error report or not Dr Watson Post Mortem Debugger does the same computer locks up except I can use Task Manager to reboot lt xml version quot quot encoding quot UTF- quot gt "Move To Folder" crashes Windows Explorer lt DATABASE gt lt EXE NAME quot SYSTEM INFO quot FILTER quot GRABMI "Move To Folder" crashes Windows Explorer FILTER SYSTEM quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot advapi dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot x E BCF quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Advanced Windows Base API quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp rtm - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot advapi dll quot INTERNAL NAME quot advapi dll quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot xA DE quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot gdi dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xB DF quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot GDI Client DLL quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp gdr - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot gdi quot INTERNAL NAME quot gdi quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x D D quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot kernel dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xF E D A quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Windows NT BASE API Client DLL quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp gdr - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot kernel quot INTERNAL NAME quot kernel quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot xF D quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot ntdll dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot x D quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot NT Layer DLL quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp sp rtm - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot ntdll dll quot INTERNAL NAME quot ntdll dll quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot xAF F quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot ole dll quot SI... Read more

Relevancy 61.49%

Hey all Im not really sure what to do about this I downloaded a movie off of Limewire and crashes folder Virus any scanner, cant open as soon as i clicked on the file in the Limewire download area the program opened up and closed limewire All files that i download on there are saved to the quot My Music quot folder Now I cannot Virus crashes any scanner, cant open folder open up limewire because it is linked to the my music folder I cannot open My Music or My Documents I cannot even go to start and right click on the My Music folder When I attempt to do that what happens is I will get an error that says quot explorer quot has crashed or somthing like that and often I will have to reboot because the computer wont work right Ive tried a number of virus scanners and have done all the steps posted on Virus crashes any scanner, cant open folder here with what to do with AVG If i run any virus scanner it will crash once it scans the file in the Virus crashes any scanner, cant open folder My Music folder The scanners will finish their job if i tell it not to scan the My Music folder Ive tried doing it many times in safe mode but the same thing happens Any help is very appreciated thanks

A:Virus crashes any scanner, cant open folder

Any ideas? This is killin me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/virus-crashes-any-scanner-cant-open-folder-133277.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I can still open folders such as Control Panel and My Computer.

I think my computer crashes when I open folders with media files like videos or pictures. But if i have videos or pictures on my desktop or removable drives i can still watch them.

On the blue screen I get the error message 0X00000050 (0XE3B30000, 0X00000000, 0XF861A8D6, 0X00000001)

And I'm not sure if this is relevant but I get a error message after I'm logged in : userinit.exe bad image

If anyone can help me, it would be very appreciated.

A:[SOLVED] Computer crashes when I open a folder

Well the symptoms sound just to odd to be a "normal" problem, so my first guess would be malware.

Anyways, here's "the usual":

Check Device Manager. Click "show hidden devices" and report all flagged devices.

Check Event Viewer. Look for consistant, chronic or significant errors. Attach the full text of each different error message to your next post.

run chkdsk. Report if it finds any errors.

What is your AV software, and are your definition files fully-updated ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-computer-crashes-when-i-open-a-folder-351977.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I cannot click on Windows File Explorer in my task bar or start menu. No error, just a spinning circle and then my icons disappear and come back immediately.

Windows key + E does nothing. Literally, nothing.

If I use other programs to view file in original location, I can sometimes get it open. I can also get it open if I type c: in the search box. However, if I use these methods and dare to right-click, it immediately crashes.

Google search gives me other people posting this issue, with no real fix.

Help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-open-file-explorer-crashes-explorer-exe.1153419/
Relevancy 61.06%

HP Pavilion, Windows 32-bit Vista. I've been having this problem at work now for the past few weeks. We have free wi-fi there, and at times when I would close out of the internet, it would close, and then I would get the blue screen. It would then ask to restart windows normally, which I would do, and it would work fine. Lately, its been doing this more often, and now its doing it at my other job and home also. All are wi-fi access if that matters. I always get the pop up box that says windows was shut down and that microsoft would alert me to a solution. It doesn't happen with any other program.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

A:Windows crashes after closing the internet

Hello,
Please preform the following:

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When autoscan is done (screen comes up), click Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.

Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply

Credit hamluis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446597/windows-crashes-after-closing-the-internet/
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm at my wits end I have a couple of folders on a crashes .mp4 Explorer.exe containing an when opening folder different drives that have mp video files in them Whenever I attempt to open the Explorer.exe crashes when opening a folder containing an .mp4 folders Explorer exe or the replacement I tried crashes Here's my specs and what I've tried so far Windows bit all current updates for Windows and drivers etc Gigs RAM Nvidia GTX I can delete the files in a DOS window I already instructed Explorer to NOT show Thumbnails I have scaned with Malwarebytes etc and am not infected A run of System File Checker reported several issues that it could not fix None of them involved Explorer exe but some were interesting The list is not all that long so you'll find it directly below How would I go about repairing these files - - Info CSI bc SR Cannot repair member file l quartz dll of Microsoft-Windows-DirectShow-Core Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI be SR Cannot repair member file l quartz dll of Microsoft-Windows-DirectShow-Core Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l mf dll of Microsoft-Windows-MediaFoundation Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l mf dll of Microsoft-Windows-MediaFoundation Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l NlsData a dll of Microsoft-Windows-NaturalLanguage Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l pnidui dll of Microsoft-Windows-Netshell Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l NlsData a dll of Microsoft-Windows-NaturalLanguage Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI a SR Cannot repair member file l pnidui dll of Microsoft-Windows-Netshell Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI a SR Cannot repair member file l sysmain dll of Microsoft-Windows-SystemMaintenanceService Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI a SR Cannot repair member file l sysmain dll of Microsoft-Windows-SystemMaintenanceService Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI b SR Cannot repair member file l Vault dll of Microsoft-Windows-Security-Vault-Cpl Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI b SR Cannot repair member file l Vault dll of Microsoft-Windows-Security-Vault-Cpl Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral... Read more

A:Explorer.exe crashes when opening a folder containing an .mp4

Maybe a shell extension causing the issue, rather than native Windows code. Ddownloaded a free Shell Extension manager that lets you disable individual shell extensions, ShellExView from Nirsoft. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603267/explorerexe-crashes-when-opening-a-folder-containing-an-mp4/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello and thanks in advance for helping me out I am using a Windows XP SP machine with ghz processor and mb of ram My antivirus is NAV corporate it s up to date and I also recently ran folder... explorer.exe crashes certain opening 1 when and updated Adaware and Spybot S amp D Now for my problem - There is one certain folder on my hard drive that crashes explorer exe every time I open it The folder contains some video picture audio and text files I scanned the folder with Norton and turned up nothing in the way of viruses I checked for errors on the drive and it turned up nothing One thing that baffles me is that explorer doesn t crash immediately If I click fast enough I can view files from the folder like a video for instance But about the time the video gets started I get the error message saying explorer explorer.exe crashes when opening 1 certain folder... exe has encountered a problem and needs to close I know lots of people have this error and this problem but most of the posts I ve read about this seem to be a little more general in that they are crashing at random explorer.exe crashes when opening 1 certain folder... times I only have this problem with this one folder The rest of the hard drive works fine I think that somehow a file within the folder must be corrupt or maybe there s a bad spot where that folder is located on the hard disk Is this a possibility Really I suppose what I need to know is How can I figure out which file if it is one particular file is causing this crash Error Signature AppName explorer exe AppVer modname divx dll ModVer Offset a The following files were included in the error report H DOCUME Seth LOCALS Temp cb appcompat txt If there s anything else I need to include just let me know Thanks again J nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

XP SP3 (2600)

I use Explorer as a file manager. I frequently change "Views," e.g. from Details to Thumbnails. Since View and Edit are next to each other, sometimes I click on Edit by mistake. Explorer always crashes. Is there a way to change the position of the Menu Items? Or to prevent Explorer from crashing?

TIA

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-crashes-when-edit-folder-332001.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and when I select a folder on my hdd, right click, properties, then left click on the share tab. When this happens explorer hangs/crashes. How can I find out how to make this stop? The only way I know to cause this to stop is by disabling the network adapter, then everything goes back to normal and it works just fine. Any ideas.

A:Explorer Crashes when trying to share a folder

Hi! shaker1117, welcome to 7F

My initial response would be to have you update your Network adapter (NA) drivers, but you offer no other information.
How do I fix network adapter problems?

This link has more on troubleshooting NA problems:
Search Results - Microsoft Windows

You do not have your System Specs filled out see Zidane24's post #4 here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...tml#post256049

Programs to help you gather your Specs:
Speccy - System Information - Free Download
SIW | Download Free version at bottom
Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit
Download Everest Home Edition 2.20 Free - Everest Home Edition - a freeware system information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution - Softpedia

It would also help if you followed the instructions here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html
It will create a comprehensive set of files that myself or other BSOD gurus can use to decipher your problem.

The more information you can offer helps us help you.
If I knew what your system was I could of helped you find the proper NA drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/142841-explorer-crashes-when-trying-share-folder.html
Relevancy 60.63%

No matter where a folder is located or what it contains, even if it is empty, if I right click on it, Explorer crashes. If I attempt to delete any folder anywhere, even empty ones, Explorer crashes.

This had been happening on my main system drive so I reformated a different drive and installed Windows XP on it, and began to install my programs. When I got to ITunes, that was all she wrote, folks. My computer speed dropped down to a crawl. So I uninstalled it. Since then, Explorer has been sick. I can't right click and I can't delete. Sometimes, just left clicking on a folder causes Explorer to crash. Even Dr Watson is crashing after Explorer crashes and I have to use Task Manager to close it.

All other programs run just fine. Please, can someone help me? Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

A:Explorer crashes on folder right clicks

please...

start > run > type in "sendto" without the quotes and hit enter

what entries are there?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-crashes-on-folder-right-clicks-400197.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Whenever I close a window on my computer I get a pop-up telling me there's been an error and Windows Explorer needs to close.
When I got it I thought this was a problem with my hard drive being too full as I had it almost packed working on a movie with some friends however I recently finished it and deleted off most of the raw footage clearing out a lot of space and have found the problem still persists.
I don't know if this is a related issue but I get the same thing when I close an Internet Explorer window as well although I don't use IE so that never bothered me.
Can anyone please help me? This is extremely annoying.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-crashes-when-a-folder-is-closed-211191.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Seems to be solved, read last post.

A:Need help, explorer crashes when opening any folder

Hi TelefonHonda,
I was wondering if you have Vista Service Pack 1 installed?
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/172425-need-help-explorer-crashes-when-opening-any-folder.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have got Windows 7 x64 and every time i right click a folder, go to properties and click on the shareing tab, explorer crashes. It crashes when i do it to any folder except the download folder in the "Username" folder.

A:Explorer crashes when trying to share folder.

If you go through this procedure to obtain the memory dump...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...tml#post278234

... I or others here may be able to explain why Explorer is crashing on your machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/26026-explorer-crashes-when-trying-share-folder.html
Relevancy 60.63%

No matter which browser I use, trying to open a file from the Downloads folder causes it to crash the browser. Any other folder is OK, and saving to the Downloads folder is fine. Just not when opening.
When I try to open from another folder, that's fine also, try to switch to Downloads when the OPEN dialog is up crashes the browser.
I have tried to open from the Downloads folder in Photoshop, SumatraPDF, Notepad, etc. they all open fine.
Just seems to be browsers - Chrome 40 - Firefox 36 - IE11.
Any ideas? I did delete anything I downloaded since it started happening, to no avail.

A:Trying to Open file from Downloads folder crashes browsers

But can you open Windows Explorer/File Explorer to open the download rather than using an Internet Browser program?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/62350-trying-open-file-downloads-folder-crashes-browsers.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi guys,

I have a .3gp file that I want to open but it's either corrupt, or the folder/hard drive space where it's on is corrupt. The entire folder loads slowly, and it will not open. If I try to open it, it will slow down and possibly crash my computer.

I would like to fix it if possible. I tried to fix it on an online site but it didn't seem to work.

The interesting thing is the file was exhibiting this behavior on one computer, and I transferred it to this one, to two places, and they each have issues. Opening it in safe mode crashed as well. This file is very important to me, please help! Thank you.

A:File/Folder Corrupted, crashes computer when I try to open it.

What files are in the directory?

Run this command via Admin CMD prompt -

dir FOLDERNAME /a /o:n >0 & start notepad 0
Replace "FOLDERNAME" with the full directory name, e.g., "c:\users\username\desktop\FOLDERNAME"

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602085/filefolder-corrupted-crashes-computer-when-i-try-to-open-it/
Relevancy 60.63%

When I opened multiple links and then close the last link every thing shuts down. I end up having to sign in to Yahoo and start all over, and it happens every time. I also get a message when I start my Yahoo that IE has a problem and must close, but it doesn't close.....nothing happens except for the message. Is there an option somewhere that I can select that allows multiple windows to stay open when I close just one?

Relevancy 60.63%

it crashes everytime I try to close it and this is the error description I get in Action Center.

Code:
Description
Faulting application name: WORDPAD.EXE, version: 6.1.7057.0, time stamp: 0x49b0db0f
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7057.0, time stamp: 0x49b0eed7
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x000971ea
Faulting process id: 0x494
Faulting application start time: 0x01c9a98f24bc78dd
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories\WORDPAD.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: b794a2c2-1588-11de-8350-001d7da5d45a

A:Wordpad crashes upon closing [Windows 7 7057]

Think that happened to me too when I was editing the hosts file. I didn't look at the error details though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/5715-wordpad-crashes-upon-closing-windows-7-7057-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey, I am having problems with my other computer suddenly closing both Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer applications, such as Control Panel, My Computer, etc...(Windows XP Home Edition)
When i click on either one, lets say the my computer icon, a pop up of the my computer folder thing flashes for a split second then disappears, the computer freezes for about a second, shows only the desktop, then a few seconds later the icons start appearing on my desktop and my start taskbar comes back. The screen is back to normal with no lag, but the my computer pop up is no longer there. The same thing happens with internet explorer, but it just happens alot quicker.
Does anyone know what could possibly be the problem of this, and maybe how to fix it? Thank You in advance.

A:Windows Explorer + Internet Explorer Closing Immediately...

Did you do an anti-virus scan on your PC seems like a virus problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-internet-explorer-closing-immediately.296843/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Hope all is well there.

My problem is that Explorer crashes every single time I click on a folder or try to open something from the desktop that is inside a folder.

Im not sure what is causing this problem, any suggestions?: 4-dontkno

A:Explorer Crashes/Restarts when i click on any folder

Hello, welcome to TSF..

do any of the folders concerned contain .AVI files? Does the same happen for all users on your PC and also in Safe Mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/explorer-crashes-restarts-when-i-click-on-any-folder-379396.html
Relevancy 60.2%

So, here is my problem.

Whenever viewing folders in explorer that contain TIF image files, I receive a explorer.exe error, or a DEP error, and sometimes a DrWatson32.exe debugger error.

I've diabled DEP for explorer.exe, but that only cause the error to not show up, but the screen flashes and explorer closes.

I believe this error has something to do with TIF previews in explorer... but I can't find anything on that subject, so maybe the problem is elsewhere.

Thanks.
Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-crashes-when-viewing-folder-with-tif-files-196794.html
Relevancy 60.2%

alrighty, here's what's happening. theres a folder with a ton of music in it that I created for the sole purpose of gathering it all in one place. now, when you rollover the folder icon, double click it, explore it, search it, open it, etc, you get the send/dont-send windows error and explorer crashes and restarts when you click dont-send.

Obviously very frustrating, no? All I can do is move the folder's location. Can not copy. It never shows the folder's contents, always crashes JUST before it shows, tries to copy, search, etc. Any ideas?

thanks very very very very much.

A:Explorer crashes when any task is performed on this folder!!

problem solved. no clue how, nothing changed as far as I know. just got lucky - thanks anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-crashes-when-any-task-is-performed-on-this-folder.528430/