Windows Support Forum

Powerline adapter not working on Xbox 360

Q: Powerline adapter not working on Xbox 360

I recently bought a powerline adapter to combat my slow wireless speeds and planned on using it for my PC and XBOX 360 when I occasionally use it. The PC install was easy, it was plug and play no problems just installed the latest MSI ethernet drivers and BAM! Wired network, no problem, but today I come home and I felt like playing some GTA Online, so I unplugged the cable from my PC and into the XBOX and it can't connect. I am using a TP-Link AV500 Nano powerline adapter and a BT Home Hub 4 router. I also made a quick video to demonstrate my problem. As mentioned in the video I can use the internet just fine on my PC, the only problem is with the XBOX. Thanks again -hopgop1 NOTE: Video uploaded to YouTube as for some reason TechSpot doesn't support .3GP so I converted it to .MP4 and it doesn't support that either =[ link

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Powerline adapter not working on Xbox 360

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Powerline adapter not working on Xbox 360

Have you seen whether the powerline adapter is compatible to XBOX.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/powerline-adapter-not-working-on-xbox-360.200440/
Relevancy 84.28%

I brought some power line adapters around 2 years ago and after moving house recently I've reclaimed a use for them.
My wireless lacks in my bedroom and i hoped the Powerline adapters would give me a decent connection.

They are NL-HPDUAL Powerline Ethernet Adapters. One is plugged into the mains and router (Wireless-N ADSL2+ Modem Router DGN2000 Netgear) and the other the mains and my iMac.

There are 3 lights on the adapter. Power, Ethernet and Data all three light up when it is plugged into my computer but I have no connection.

Any ideas on how to set these up?

Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I ve been an Xbox user ever since it came out therefore I have bought many accessories among them the Wireless G Adapter I recently updated the system with the latest Xbox Dashboard OS the Kinect-ready one and my wireless sucked It took about minutes to load a minute video I N?! Xbox Wireless with adapter G 360 working Solved: decided to check on the networking settings and since it had been updated the wireless networked detected at the moment were shown right away I have a Netgear DualBand N router and it broadcasts two networks at two different signals the first one Wireless G at Mbps GHz and the second one Wireless N at Mbps GHz When I checked on the detected signals the Xbox was showing the N signal which doesn t make sense at all I tried connecting and it didn t only connect but improved the wireless data transfer Could anyone explain me this dilemma I know it sounds Solved: Xbox 360 Wireless G adapter working with N?! absurd but I have checked the connection about four times already and the router does recognize it in the N network nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi! So, i was wondering with these powerline adapters, do you NEED a router or can you just plug it in to the wall and put a ethernet cable straight to your PC?

A:Powerline adapter

Hi mackan21,

My understanding of them is, you plug one adapter in near your router and connect it to it and then the other adapter in the room where your PC is and you connect your PC straight to the adapter in that room.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/244568-powerline-adapter.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I recently bought this powerline adapter kit-> WD Livewire

I have one plugged into our Cisco dpc3825 (http://media.cox.com/support/images/internet/equipment/Cisco_DPC3825_front.jpg) modem/router combo and the other one downstairs in a room.

I have connected a laptop and a desktop PC to the one downstairs. The laptop is receiving connection but the desktop activity/bytes/packets are moving very very very slow on the desktop [mostly not moving and when they move, they only move by a little].

However, even though they are moving a little, I cannot connect to any website. I am able to ping -t google.com through cmd and get this after a small test [Packets sent = 19, Received = 19, Lost = 0 <0% loss>. Minimum = 20ms, Maximum = 44ms, Average = 33ms]. So why can I not connect to the internet?

Any help would be awesome

A:Powerline Adapter Help

can we see an ipconfig /all from the devices - make sure we know which is which device
also do you have a PC connected directly to the router - if not can you also connected the laptop to the router and provide an ipconfig /all

BUT make sure you do let us know which is which

I would also do a full powercycle

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to power cycle

&#8220;power cycle&#8221; process to reboot or reset the modem/router

Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes,
Plug the power cords back in, but don&#8217;t switch them on.
First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Next switch on the router (if a seperate device ) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Switch on/plugin the Powerline adapters and allow to settle
Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powerline-adapter-help.1061078/
Relevancy 66.65%

Was getting a very weak wireless signal from the router that is 2 rooms and a hallway away (40 ft.)... It was almost like dial-up used to be...
Anyway, a friend of mine suggested getting Powerline Network Adapters,
HowStuffWorks "How Power-line Networking Works"

I spent the money for the kit, ($99 at Office Depot), and installed yesterday afternoon. Getting a great signal now. If you can't or prefer not to run ethernet cable, this is the next best thing...

A:Powerline Network Adapter

yeah, i agree with you! powerline network adapter is a good choice now in home use.
it is convenient and cheap, also with stable signal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/144323-powerline-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Yesterday, i purchased some Netgear XAVB5221-100UKS powerline adapters in the hope that they wouldn't interfere with my current TP-Link AV200 adapters. I specifically need two
separate networks and i took a small risk when purchasing the Netgear ones. When alone.. they work perfectly well (30+mbps down). But when i use them together (netgear as an input into a firewall and tp-link as an output to the rest of my house) the connection on the Netgear adapters drops to around 10mbps. Is there any way i can fix this, or are there any adapters you can recommend that won't interfere with the TP-Link ones?

Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powerline-adapter-interference.1165228/
Relevancy 66.22%

hi like it says above its about the tplink home plug i think it is not something it has do to with that but ok
lets start with the fact that i lose my internet like 5x a day and it reconnects with it out of itself for one or another
reason i think it has something to do with the fact that it gets in standby mode out of itself but it does it some times in the middle of a web page loading

ps: i have the first plug not directly in the power-line and the other just directly in the power supply ( don't know how it is called exactly) the first one is in the same place as where i have the fuse box ( ask for more info if you don't under stand)

so how do i fix this ?

A:powerline homeplug adapter from tplink

It depends on the distance, how old the wiring is, how maintained the wiring is in the home for these adapters to properly work. Also they cannot be plugged into Surge protected outlets. It states in the directions that they are to be plugged directly into the outlet.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62298-powerline-homeplug-adapter-tplink.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, I know the answers are here but I fear I could be overloaded with information.

I have a Sky Broadband wireless router which is connected to a Comtrend Ethernet adapter(PowerGrid902). I then have another Comtrend Ethernet adapter(PowerGrid902) which is receiving the internet perfectly in bedroom 1.

My problems start when I add a Comtrend Ethernet(PowerGridDH-10PF) in bedroom2. This will light up showing status light solid red and ethernet light is green but the internet connection on the PC will not connect. This message appears
Limited or no connectivity.
You might not be able to access the internet or some network resources. This problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer.

I have reset the adapter which changed nothing.

Please can you help.

Thanks.

Relevancy 66.22%

I am trying to set up internet access from my laptop to my Nexus tablet in another room via Netgear ZET Powerline adapters then via a Wireless access point Solved: Powerline adapter: issue IP The router I use with my laptop is a Linksys WAG N By ruling things out it seems the first problem is the Powerline adapters So I am trying to get them working first by connecting from the satellite one via ethernet cable to Solved: Powerline adapter: IP issue a nd laptop I have all the lights working correctly on both adapters so they seem to be communicating When I check the connection on the nd laptop I get a message saying quot Local Area Connection doesn t have a valid IP configuration quot Does this refer to the Powerline adapters or the router The router is working fine when connected directly to main laptop I have tried multiple turning-off-and-on-agains What should I do next I can Solved: Powerline adapter: IP issue t see any way of establishing an IP address for the adapters There is no software provided except for an encryption utility which I haven t used I ve searched the Netgear forum but no-one else seems to have this problem These adapters used to work fine with my previous Netgear router If I can get them going I can tackle the inevitable problems with the wireless AP which also used to work Thanks for your help I am not very IT-savvy so please be kind nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

I have 2 x TP-Link TL-PA211 powerlines. I need to connect power point A to power point C. I can connect A to B, and B to C, but not A to C. If I get another powerline could I use all 3 to connect A to C?

A:Powerline connection using intermediate adapter

Let's say A is the unit attached to my router. It's on the first floor.
In the basement I have a B and C unit. B and C both sync with A and allow computers attached to them to get on the internet.

I'm not sure what you wish to do but each unit can sync with the unit nearest your router; I'm not so sure the sattelite units can connect with each other, only with the router unit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powerline-connection-using-intermediate-adapter.1130043/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have 2 powerline ethernet 85 home plugs that aren't currently connecting to each other. They have worked before.
Internet is working, signal is going from the router to the first homeplug with all green lights on. Wherever i plug in the second adapter the lights remain on red. I have switched them round and connected them both on the same plug socket.
I have reset the router
Nothing I do can make them communicate with each other. I would welcome all suggestions

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powerline-ethernet-85-adapter-wont-connect.1114761/
Relevancy 65.36%

I am looking for a new router and checking reviews, and so far ZyXEL has impecable reviews, and as browsing through random products I stumbled accross this "Powerline" ethernet adapter, and everywhere I have checked it has a 5/5 star rating, and only great reviews; minus its supplied disk is said to just be a PDF with little information. I was just curious if anyone knew how it worked, wether or not it was just a normal router with a fancy name or it is a new sort of netrouting (possibly through your powerlines??)
Thanks

Sieg

A:ZyXEL Powerline Ethernet Adapter! [What exactly is this? How Does it Work?]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zyxel-powerline-ethernet-adapter-what-exactly-is-this-how-does-it-work.580651/
Relevancy 65.36%

Before I explain the problem thank you to anyone willing adapter address Powerline invalid IP problem to help me sort out this mess I have been at it for hours and have come up with nothing About Powerline adapter invalid IP address problem years ago I purchased the Linksys PLK Powerline Adapters to give internet access to an Xbox and PC in a room where wireless connection was slightly cold They worked exceptionally up until just last week I was surfing the web when I noticed that the Powerline adapter invalid IP address problem internet went down and it has been down ever since The adapters are properly plugged in it appears as if nothing is wrong with them- LEDs still flashing and the Xbox and Computer recognize their presence but they won t connect to the web The router still sends out a wireless signal strong as ever I have tried restarting both modem and router I have checked to see if the MAC addresses are conflicting I have made sure that there is no security to mess it up and I have also made sure that any IP address can access my network I have done just about everything I can think of to make this work Before anyone delays their ideas waiting for an IPCONFIG ALL post from me I have already made sure DHCP and Auto Configuration are enabled and I have no idea what ipconfig renew and ipconfig release or whatever it was do but I did that too The computer from the offline room gives me an IP address of indicating no connection to DHCP not totally sure about the DHCP but it definitely means no connection I have both adapters plugged straight into wall sockets not on the same socket as the modem router and am getting frustrated without the internet in this room so if you have any idea what could possibly be the problem I would greatly appreciate it nbsp

A:Powerline adapter invalid IP address problem

The computer from the offline room gives me an IP address of 169.254, indicating no connection to DHCP (not totally sure about the DHCP but it definitely means no connection.)Click to expand...

Yes that's the issue; that address will not exit your LAN and it is the DHCP failure that generated this address.

Verify that both ends of the Powerline Adapter work locally.
the Master is already attached to your router, so bring the remote device into the same room and plug it into a wall outlet there. Now test - -

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/powerline-adapter-invalid-ip-address-problem.160879/
Relevancy 65.36%

I will try to make this as short as possible Main Computer wired in office on second floor on New New Router, Solved: Adapter??? or Powerline New Repeater east side of house Wireless Laptop in family room on st floor on west side of Solved: New Router, New Repeater or New Powerline Adapter??? house Xbox wireless in family room on st floor on west side of house House is approximatly sq foot and the signal travels the floor and appoximately two walls I have a Linksys WRT GC Router and I have a Linksys WRE g repeater new item I tried to increase signal My goal is to get full bars to the xbox and stream video from my office PC to my Xbox smoothly With this repeater I get the full bars BUT the limitation of the repeater cutting the streaming speed almost in half causes stuttering video to my xbox Without the repeater I can get bars to my xbox on a good night sometimes it is only one telling me the signal is too weak I have a couple of ideas but I am not sure which will work the best Should I get a new G router with the quot Range Booster quot feature does this really work Are there other Repeaters on the market that do NOT cut the streaming speed in half If so what are they Or should I look at getting a powerline ethernet adapter and connect my xbox directly to my router that way nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi everyone. I recently bought a Netgear powerline adapter to get internet to my desktop and I thought it would be a much better connection than a wireless one. However, the speed I'm getting from it is only around 300 kilobytes/second which is horrendously slow... Back on my laptop which is a few years old and had a built in wireless card, the speed I got from the same router but with a wireless connection was around 2 megabytes/sec which still isn't great but its much better than what the powerline adapter is giving me. All the reviews I've read on the adapter are fantastic so I am concerned why this is happening to me. Any suggestions?

fyi the adapter is the Netgear XAVB2101

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-extremely-slow-connection-via-powerline-adapter.1029981/
Relevancy 58.91%

TP-LINKS I can't seem to get to work I have recently bought a pair of powerline adapters to increase my WiFi range TP-LINK model TL-WPA KIT Having failed to get them working properly the seller suggested updating the firmware I am using W Unsure what to do with the firmware or whether I have got something else wrong I have read and thought I understood the instructions They may be faulty but I don't want to return them if it is me that is the problem Any general advice please A bit more info having had time to mess about with it It gets a bit complicated and I working TP-LINK Powerline adapters, not will do my best to explain All items the main Router Desktops and the adapters in the same room same circuit and within mtrs of each other Primary TP TP link adapter connected to main router by Enet cable Both PC's connected to main router by Enet cables Both PC's will only see the secondary TP if I use a wireless dongle on each of them even if connected Powerline adapters, TP-LINK not working to the TP by cable Both PC's will connect to the main router with either cable or wireless If I remove a cable to a PC it will connect to the main router by wireless OK but will no longer see the TP It seems to me that the TP is trying to connect to the router via the PC's using their wireless rather that the Enet cable directly to the router I have tried different cables of course so if anyone can make any sense out of it please assist me I have informed the seller that I am having problems and they have said that they willing to replace them if I cannot resolve the issue but I am not sure that it is the TP that is faulty No point in wasting their time and money and mine if a relacement does the same thing Powerline adapters, TP-LINK not working Ray

A:Powerline adapters, TP-LINK not working

Start at the beginning. Have you reset the tp both to factory defaults with the button. Then press paid button now love in to the second one and set it up get that working before messing with wireless clone

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/127661-powerline-adapters-tp-link-not-working.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey guys, the trouble i've had is that i plugged my adapters in (one downstairs from router to a socket then one upstairs from socket to my pc ethernet port on back of tower) and it just came up with unidentified network. now i tried literally everything i could think of and nothing helped but i un-installed my network adapter and re installed it but now it wont even recognize any ethernet in there atall.

What should i do?

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi. Just finally updated my ancient belkin modem to a Netgear D3600WiFi modem router which works really well. However. I have a old G5 Mac without wireless so have always connected through my old belkin modem with Powerline adapters over my house wiring circuit:confused. Unfortunately the powerline adapters no longer work although both lights are flickering on the units. Netgear say they should work. Any suggestions?

A:Belkin Powerline adapeters not working with new Netgear router

have you reset them at all ?

lets see an ifconfig from the mac

and from a working device like a PC - do you have a PC laptop at all ?
have you tried another device on the power line ?

have you checked the cable (s)
so connect a PC to the cable that is connected to the first powerline adapter and see if that works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-powerline-adapeters-not-working-with-new-netgear-router.1083397/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi

Hope right forum. I have just bought a new gaming pc and monitor and they are installed upstairs (3rd floor). We have sky fibre unlimited and the hub is in front room (1st floor).

I have thus bought powerline adapters and plugged one in downstairs with an ethernet cable from hub.
I have then obviously plugged one in next to pc upstairs and connected it to pc via ethernet.

The PC however says no internet and states 'Ethernet doesnt have valid IP configuration' ?

Please can you help me as I dont really know where to start. Our hub is definitely working because all of our other devices (including this tablet Im posting from) are connected via wifi fine.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/55501-brand-new-pc-powerline-adapters-not-working-ethernet-no-valid-ip.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have an EMachines desktop computer. I am wondering if I can connect my XBox 360 adapter to my desktop to make it wireless. It works on my 360 naturally, but I cannot seem to get it going on my computer. Am I just reaching for the stars or can this be done?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xbox-360-wireless-adapter.581034/
Relevancy 54.18%

Is Microsoft shipping the free Xbox One S Kinect Adapters now or are they waiting until the release date?
I'm tempted to but an Xbox One S, but I use the Kinect all the time. If the adapter won't be out for months, there is no point in me buying the console now because I will not be able to use it without the adapter.
Thanks

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434446-xbox-one-s-kinect-adapter.html
Relevancy 54.18%

ok...im back again....so i unplugged my wireless adapter for my xbox 360 controller and now its not working....i remember it was a lil more complicated than just installing the driver.....can anyone gimme the link to setting this up to work again?....my pc keeps saying it is having trouble and cant seem to sych the remote anymore...but the driver is there

A:xbox 360 wireless adapter

Hello snarfman and welcome to the forums

What is this adapter? Is it one of these?

Are you trying to connect to Xbox Live? If not, what?

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/294888-xbox-360-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys,

I would like to run a wireless connection on my desktop, and I would prefer not to purchase a nice wireless adapter. However I have read countless articles on various site telling me that what I want to do is impossible, and that windows has not released drivers for the network adapter. I am just wondering if there is some software that isn't official that exists for the Xbox 360 Network Adapter, or if anyone has ever gotten it to work before.

A:Can I Use Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter With My PC?

Hi,

If you are using the official Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter, this simply won't work. You cannot use Microsoft's 360 adapter on your computer for the same reason that ordinary USB adapters don't work on the Xbox - the needed device driver support is lacking.

If you are using a generic USB wireless game adapter or Ethernet-to-wireless bridge, then of course you can swap the adapter between your Xbox and computer with no problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/313071-can-i-use-xbox-360-wireless-adapter-my-pc.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm looking to get a non-expensive wireless network adapter to hook up to my 360 to play online. The Microsoft one, even though it seems pretty simple, is quite expensive for my liking...
My modem is too far from my 360 to hook up directly, so what are some relatively cheaper network adapters that can do the job fairly well (under $75)? I can't seem to find many reviews for various models for some reason.
And when I do get the adapter, would I be able to hook my laptop up to it and get more a more stable internet connection then just hooking up wirelessly, or would that be pointless if I already have wireless?

A:Looking for a wireless network adapter for XBOX 360

You can used a wired connection to your laptop, and have it use it's wireless connection. That's what I did with my xbox.

Here is a step by step guide: http://www.ehow.com/how_2268792_computers-wireless-internet-connection-xp.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-a-wireless-network-adapter-for-xbox-360.927749/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

My son purchased a wireless adapter for his Xbox. The adapter is hooked up to the Xbox and has a green light. When he runs a test to see if everything works he has internet connection but the internet will not connect to Xbox live.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 53.32%

wasn't sure where too put this thread, sorry if in the wrong place.

have an xbox 360, want to connect it to the wireless home LAN, but microsoft 360 wireless adapter $100+ AU.....

was wondering if anyone was able to use a generic wireless usb dongle???
usually requires drivers so maybe not.

anyone have any other ideas which will be cheaper?

wireless access point could be used but not that cheap either.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-360-xbox-without-360-adapter-cheaper-alt.684259/
Relevancy 53.32%

I can no longer get the XboxOne controller to function properly with the Wireless Adapter PC Controller One Xbox help. wireless adapter A couple months ago I was already running Windows x from the free update from Windows and I purchased the Wireless Controller Adapter for the Xbox One Controller When I plugged it in it worked perfectly It worked in every game it worked with Kodi and even the sound worked It showed up under playback Xbox One Controller Wireless PC Adapter help. devices as a headphone device and my controllers are the remodeled versions with the mm jack To sum up it just worked perfect Two weeks ago I reformatted the PC skipping loading first and updating I installed a retail Xbox One Controller Wireless PC Adapter help. version of Windows Pro x onto a fresh SSD Ive downloaded every update Windows has and I cannot get the controller wireless adapter to work right at all It no-longer shows in device manager as Xbox One Controller Some games work while others behave as if the D-Pad button is being pressed to the right Kodi also behaves as if D-pad is stuck to the right Nothing shows up under Playback Devices in the Audio section I am just clueless as to why and how it worked perfectly and now it doesn't after reformatting My current OS version and Build are Windows Pro x Version - Build - The only thing I have tried is uninstalling the adapter and the driver and let Windows re-download the driver That did not seem to help I would appreciate any and all help

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/49976-xbox-one-controller-wireless-pc-adapter-help.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Airnet awu154 802.11g wireless lan usb adapter I wanna use to get my xbox 360 online. I just wanna know if its plausible, which to me it does sound about right, so please any feedback is welcome!

A:getting on Xbox Live w/ a wireless usb adapter (can it be done?)

I thought the X360 had an internal wireless adapter?

But certainly you should be able to use any wireless adapter, I would suggest looking at XBOXs site for compatibility.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-on-xbox-live-w-a-wireless-usb-adapter-can-it-be-done.553079/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have windows Me on this computer and its hooked up to the internet wirelessly. I bought a ethernet adapter and put it in and it is working. when i plug it in my xbox 360, it shows the ip and gateway and everything in my ip config but wont connect to xbox live. when i test the connection it fails at the ip address stage. any suggestions?

Relevancy 52.89%

I just got a wireless network adapter for my kid's xbox, and I can't get it to connect to our home network. The console recognizes that it is plugged in, and I'm getting a solid red light. When I scan, the network doesn't show up, and when I set everyting manually, it says it can't connect. I'm using a Dlink DSL2760u, and I don't know alot about networking, but UPNP is enabled, and MAC filter in disabled. Anyone got any suggestions for me?

A:Xbox 360 wireless adapter won't connect to my network

Is the router's SSID broadcast enabled?

What wireless mode and what encryption are you using on the router? Does the new adapter support those?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xbox-360-wireless-adapter-wont-connect-to-my-network.946300/
Relevancy 52.89%

http www gamerhotline com asus-wl- ge- -in-one-portable-wireless-router Can without their to xbox adapter. overpriced Connecting live i use this product to connect to xbox live I want Connecting to xbox live without their overpriced adapter. to connect my xbox to the internet without buying the overpriced wireless network adapter that s offered Here are the details My modem and router is floors down from my I have a notebook with wireless internet but it has windows starter edition so I can t bridge connections Also it does not have a cd dvd drive I have a ethernet cord and a place to connect it on my notebook and of course on my as well Would I need cords to hook up notebook with product and then product with Does this Connecting to xbox live without their overpriced adapter. product have ethernet ports I don t know much about how networking works so I m hoping you Connecting to xbox live without their overpriced adapter. guys could give me a hand Any help appreciated Thanks for your time If I can t use this is there another way to do it around Or is there a better way to do it than buying this product nbsp

A:Connecting to xbox live without their overpriced adapter.

If you have a LAN cable in the same room, then you should be able to simply add a switch. Then both devices can share the same cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-xbox-live-without-their-overpriced-adapter.1013225/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I just bought a pc adapter to connect a 360 controller to my computer. Ive installed the most recent software and tried to connect the controller but when i try to connect the light on the controller spins as it is searching for a receiver
and some sort of connection is made because the light on the receiver turns solid but the light on the controller which should be solid in the region labeled "1" is actually blinking in all four regions...How does this thing work?

A:Xbox 360 wireless controller PC adapter will not connect

Hi,

I would like to verify if the controller is recognized in Device Manager. How about changing different USB ports?

Please load the latest driver of the receiver adapter and the controller from Microsoft.

Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/xbox-360-controller-for-windows#support

Best Regards,
NikiPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/74a50105-e8ab-4d93-8f37-bdb4f7587491/xbox-360-wireless-controller-pc-adapter-will-not-connect?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I'm trying to install the Xbox One wireless adapter for windows 7 64-bit on a computer that doesn't have internet access. It was previously windows 10 only, but as of 10th December, the Windows 7 drivers have been available, but only via windows update.

However I cannot find a download link anywhere on the net for the drivers to install manually. To get the xbox one controller working I installed the USB drivers from the net and transferred them across, but I cannot find the wireless adapter ones.

Does anyone have a copy or a link ?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/387892-xbox-one-wireless-adapter-drivers-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have two Xbox360 Controllers. Two years ago I bought a Xbox Wireless Adapter on eBay.

I think it's not genuine, only compatible. With Windows7 I managed to install its drivers in this way:
-control panel
-printer and devices
-unknown device
-right click -properties
-update drivers
and I chose manually a folder in the cdrom I have.
It works. It is strange, for example if you switch usb port it doesn't work anymore. It seems to be not plug&play.

Now with Windows8 Pro if I repeat the steps above , when I choose manually the folder, it says: ...Driver found but error during installation. Pc Wireless Gaming Receiver. Impossible to find the file.....

I have also installed the software from Microsoft Website "Xbox 360 Accessories Software 1.2 64 bit per Windows 7 (exe)" and also the previous version (1.1) that I have in the cdrom but it doesn't work.

Could I have some help please?
Thank you.

A:Problem with Xbox Wireless Controller Adapter

I have almost similar issue but with Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710.

From another website, someone suggested to use the Connect Utility which I did but I still have problem:

Originally Posted by Periastron

I actually don't remember doing anything special to get it working. I installed the "Logitech Gaming Software" from their web site. Go here:
Support + Downloads: Wireless Gamepad F710 - Logitech
and click "Downloads"; get the Windows 7 software, for 64-bit: lgs510_x64.exe.
As a last resort, you may or may not need to re-pair the gamepad with the receiver; should that become necessary, use the "Wireless Gamepad F710 Connect Utility" and follow the instructions on-screen.

I tried using the Connect Utility last night. The instructions from the Utility was pretty clear - take out the nano receiver, take out one battery from the gamepad, plug in the nano receiver, plug in the battery.
When I plugged in the nano receiver, the utility detected it and there was a count down timer for me to plug in the battery. I plugged in the battery, the Connect Utility detected the game pad and turn green with a huge "CONNECTED" word.
Unfortunately, Win 8 Device Manager is still not showing it as working and the Logitech Profiler and Win 8 cannot detect the gamepad!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/11616-problem-xbox-wireless-controller-adapter.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Is there any alternatives to the 60/$100 Xbox 360 wireless network adapter.
By the way I have a wireless desktop next to my xbox 360, I have tryed 2 connect them but everytime I turn my pc off I have disable the bridge then delete it and make a new one. When I try to make my wireless connection shared it says "An error occured". Also it sometimes randomly disconnects me when im in the middle of a game on xbox live.

A:Xbox 360 wireless network adapter alternative

If you find an inexpensive wireless bridge, you can use it to connect to the XBOX Ethernet connection. One method is to find a cheap Linksys router that is compatible with DD-WRT 3rd party firmware and configure that as a wireless bridge.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xbox-360-wireless-network-adapter-alternative.783896/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey all I recently purchased a wireless adapter for the Xbox One Controller I saw an article about how Microsoft recently released drivers for the adapter on Windows previously locked to Windows and thought it'd Wireless (bugs some One Adapter with Xbox games) be great to go wireless with my controller on the PC I've been testing out games and many work just fine but so far I've run into two examples of games doing the same thing When I load up the game the menus cycle from right to left as though I'm holding the proper analog stick for selecting in the direction to move between menus It endlessly cycles and I can't effectively Xbox One Wireless Adapter (bugs with some games) use Xbox One Wireless Adapter (bugs with some games) the wireless controller with the game I'm forced to quit the game Any ideas what could be causing this problem When I attach the Xbox One controller with a cable it works again for the faulty games so it's definitely something to do with going wireless and using the adapter The games I tested that failed were 'Gone Home' and 'Oddworld New 'n' Tasty' Thanks for any ideas or links to any articles or posts on the net about this

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388112-xbox-one-wireless-adapter-bugs-some-games.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Is the Belkin F5D8236-4 wireless router compatible with the xbox 360 network adapter? if not, is there any other way to connect to xbox live without having to plug an ethernet cable directly into the router?

A:Solved: Will my wireless network work with Xbox adapter?

If a wired connection to the router works, there's no reason that a wireless connection should behave any different.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-will-my-wireless-network-work-with-xbox-adapter.843114/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello . Just a quick question: is it possible to use a wireless Xbox controller adapter as a universal Bluetooth dongle on my PC? I doubt that it will work, but its worth to ask.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/130048-xbox-wireless-adapter-universial-bluetooth-dongle.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

i just built my first computer yesterday(specs are at bottom) and i also bought the xbox 360 wireless adapter thingy that lets me use my 360 wireless controller for gaming and for some reason whenever i plug it in the sound gets all poppy and crackly and i have to restart the computer to fix that im pretty sure its the mobo's problem because when i first booted up(w/o adapter plugged in) it had that problem until i installed the drivers i heard something about disabling the usb audio legacy drivers but when i did that my computer wouldn't boot so i reset to defaults and now im here

any help would be appericated

gflo

Computer specs

asus m2n sli mobo
seagate 200gb barracuda hdd
antec earthwatts 500wat
xfx geforce 9800gt
amd athlon x2 5600+
4gb ocz special ops dual channel ram
Vista home premium 64bit dual booted Xp pro 32bit(same on both OSes)

A:Popping crackling when I connect Xbox 360 wireless adapter

What exactly does that X360 adapter hook up to, USB 2.0 port? If so, once you installed the drivers it should allow the system to boot normally. Perhaps the device is configurable through gaming devices? If there is any software (not drivers) required to use the adapter/controller, maybe it needs to be patched/updated for use with that mobo?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/popping-crackling-when-i-connect-xbox-360-wireless-adapter.109140/
Relevancy 51.17%

Are there any XBox 360 owners out there that have a Wireless Network Adapter/Access Point for Xbox 360 by pelican? If so, can you check the specs listed on the box and let me know if it supports WPA security or not?

I'm finding TONS of reviews of this device but NONE of them mention the security protocols supported. *sigh*

Thanks!

Peace...

A:Solved: Wireless Network Adapter/Access Point for Xbox 360 by pelican

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-adapter-access-point-for-xbox-360-by-pelican.802544/
Relevancy 50.74%

i'm using the rogers mobile internet stick on my desktop cause i live in a black hole cut off from normal high speed connections. but i can't get my xbox live to find the network i'm on.. how do i do this?

A:Rogers mobile internet stick + Xbox live wireless adapter = problem! please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rogers-mobile-internet-stick-xbox-live-wireless-adapter-problem-please-help.868376/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello internet.

I need help getting my Xbox One controller hooked up to my PC. Now I have downloaded and installed the drivers from Microsoft that they released however, as soon as I plus in my controller with a micro USB cable, it doesn't work. I have tried multiple cables but still nothing. Is there anything else I can try?

Cheers guys.

A:Xbox ONE controller not working

Have you firmware updated this controller? I remember reading a long time ago that there was a problem with the firmware. It gave console gamers problems as well as the Windows crowd. On Windows the non-updated controller could either have random disconnections or the controllers would just not work at all.

I am unsure if Microsoft has of yet released a method of upgrading your controller via Windows. Though you can do this on a console by following this guide:
Link
or this one:
Link

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/125866-xbox-one-controller-not-working.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello. Ive been trying to get my xbox one controller to work on my pc to no avail.

- I have the cable that runs from the controller to the pc.
- I downloaded and installed the driver from here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controller-pc-compatibility. (I used the x64 one. I also tried the x86 one because i wasnt sure which my computer was but that didnt work so i assume x64 is the one im meant to use)
- I also tried updating windows and restarting.

It doesnt work on any games including games in steam, or other emulators i have.

Any help would be appreciated

A:Xbox one controller not working on PC

x86 is the 32 bit version and x64 is for a 64 bit OS.

Not sure what version of Windows you have so you will need to check under Start, Control Panel, System. If it is 64 bit, it should say so.

Also, did you follow the steps they gave?
Once the drivers are installed, connect the controller with a standard Micro USB cable. (The controller will vibrate when plugged into a USB port. If it doesn&#8217;t vibrate or respond, try a different Micro USB cable.)Click to expand...

Need to install first, then plug in the controller. Otherwise Windows may find and install generic drivers automatically. Meaning you would need to find the controller in device manager and manually change the drivers to the right ones.

If you mistakenly plugged it in first you may need to remove the generic controller from device manager, or just try another USB port and it might find it new again.
Look in device manager, see if there is any yellow question marks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xbox-one-controller-not-working-on-pc.1151785/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I don't know if i am posting in the right section feel free to move my thread I am sorry for my english but i'm a bit frustrated right now which is why i made myself an account to post on this forum The problem is when i'm plugging my xbox controller on my computer the lights are flashing and i can't use it I have downloaded the 360 not working PC. Xbox on controller good drivers on microsoft website My controller is wired by the way I have downloaded the driver multiple times uninstalled it restarted my computer etc I have tried everything that was on the internet at this point i don't know Xbox 360 controller not working on PC. what to do anymore and i'm frustrated In fact the controller works fine and the driver too but when i move the controller or take it in my hands the lights start flashing and it looks like the driver ''disconnect'' I have made a video of it where you can see me taking the controller in my hands and the lights flashing you also hear a noise of ''new material detected'' when it flash because the driver stop working for a second or two Also if i move too much with the controller i get a blue screen of death All my drivers are up to date i'm using a program called DriverUpdate and i Xbox 360 controller not working on PC. have the full version of it Thank you for future assistance I highly appreciate it and sorry Xbox 360 controller not working on PC. again for my english i described my problem as much as i could

A:Xbox 360 controller not working on PC.

Try a different USB slot.

If you are using Windows 7, and have the wired 360 controller for PC, there should be not need to download drivers at all.
Just plug it in and wait for the message its ready.

Its possible the USB slot its plugged into is not getting a good connection.

Another proble could be the Driver Update program has installed a bad, or wrong driver for something. Im not sure about the particular one you are using, but many guess and are quite often wrong.
You are better off letting Windows get what you need, or download directly from the manufacturers site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/219626-xbox-360-controller-not-working-pc.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently sent my xbox 360 console to microsoft as i got the red ring of death for the second time
this time, instead of repairing the console they sent me a brand new one
when i tried to put any of my downloaded themes on they didnt work

Can anyone help?

A:Themes not working on Xbox 360

Opening thread as requested.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/themes-not-working-on-xbox-360.903293/
Relevancy 46.87%

i want to stream tv shows to XBOX but when i play it on the video app the "play on XBOX" button is not working. is there a solution for it

A:Play on XBOX not Working

wait for a propper windows 8 release or a update. then the propper xbox 360 update. i got the beta update today for xbox and smartglass is enabled now with laptops just still no play on xbox button for me. so might be windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/7855-play-xbox-not-working.html
Relevancy 46.44%

hi guys I am constantly getting disconnected from my online games and xbox live parties and it is starting to frustrate me Here is what I have Netgear Wireless - N Router WNR and a Wireless-N USB adapter I m running vista home premium x SP Here is my ipconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Keiths-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description RangeMax Wireless-N USB Adapter WN v Physical Address - -F -A -F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday May PM Lease Expires Monday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description USB Wireless b g Adaptor Physical Address - - F- - A- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - -CA-B -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I m gonna post the ipconfig on the computer with the modem just in case it s necessary ok here it is C Documents and Settings john gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name jimmy- eb b Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Motorola SURFboard SB USB Cable Modem Physical Address - E- C- - -B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday May PM Lease Expires Tuesday May PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Controller Physical Address - - B- -FC- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday May PM Lease Expires Monday May + wireless = live adapter xbox Wireless USB LAG Router PM thanks again nbsp

A:USB wireless adapter + Wireless Router = xbox live LAG

Is the PC you are sharing the internet to the Xbox losing connection

would you post back the make and model of any modems and routers you may have and how everything is connected together , wireless, cable and what is using what connection to what device

On the PC when you have a good connection do the following ipconfig /all and pings - see below
then when it disconnects repeat the test

i want to see if the PC to internet is a good connection and if you are losing connection between the PC and Xbox only

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-wireless-adapter-wireless-router-xbox-live-lag.924853/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys My internet is not working on my computer but it was working fine wirelessly on xbox live These are the things I saw on live not but pc working Internet xbox on wrong - Internet not Internet not working on pc but on xbox live working anywhere on the pc- Task manager Internet not working on pc but on xbox live only reads svchost exe NETWORK SERVICE not the usual NETWORK SERVICES - Networking tab on Task manager says not connected-When pc starts up it only shows half of the stuff on Task manager then minutes later they load up -Pc shows VERY low memory usage about - when I can clearly hear the fan running faster which indicates its using lots of memory I dont know really whats going on here but a theory is that a trojan or whatever is blocking or deleted some network files Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd O - Toolbar Snagit - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - C Program Files TechSmith Snagit SnagitIEAddin dllO - Toolbar PayPal Plug-In - DC F F - FA- f -ACAA- F B - C Program Files PayPal PayPal Plug-In OToolbar dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll file missing O - Toolbar PC Tools Browser Guard - EA- A- B-ADF - D E CC - C Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT PCTBrowserDefender dllO - Toolbar ooVoo Toolbar - A FB F A-D E- DD- -E A D - C Program Files oovootb oovoodx dllO - HKLM Run Ashampoo Anti-Malware Guard quot C Program Files Ashampoo Ashampoo Anti-Malware AAMW Guard exe quot O - HKLM Run SNM C Program Files SpyNoMore SNM exe startupO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run ISTray quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe quot O - HKLM Run MSSE quot c Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe quot -hide -runkeyO - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscriptO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run ISUSPM quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe quot -schedulerO - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Documents and Settings Marcos Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot cO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run perfwsruntime quot rundll exe quot quot C Documents and Settings Marcos Local Settings Application Data perfwsruntime perfwsruntime dll quot DllInitO - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeO - HKCU Run F F A D- -B -F -A CE EB DBAD quot C Documents and Settings Marcos Application Data Fadyz woem e... Read more

A:Internet not working on pc but on xbox live

Hi,Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool. When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt Attach.txtSave both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.--Download GMER here by clicking download exe -button and then saving it your desktop:Double-click .exe that you downloadedClick rootkit-tab, uncheck "files" option and then scan.Don't check Show All box while scanning in progress!When scanning is ready, click Copy.This copies log to clipboardPost log (if the log is long, archive it into a zip file and attach instead of posting) in your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310239/internet-not-working-on-pc-but-on-xbox-live/
Relevancy 46.44%

I apologize if this is the wrong section and if this has already been answered before. I'm new to this forum as well as a new user of Windows 8. I installed an app on Windows 8 called Xbox SmartGlass which claims to remotely connect my Xbox 360 console and my Windows 8 PC. I'm certain that I set up everything correctly, but when I open SmartGlass nothing happens. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.

A:Windows 8 Xbox SmartGlass not working?

Did this ever get resolved? Having this exact issue now and this is the only thread I can find on the issue. Everything else says "this is how you download it"... "click download"...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/11438-windows-8-xbox-smartglass-not-working.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I am a game developer and i would like to use an xbox controller to design in windows However the drivers for my usb dongle are not working out they installed properly and i can clearly see it in the control panel the 'x' button blinks showing power but the charging light is not on i removed the AA's and it still lights up without the cable illuminating NOTE I am NOT using the wireless dongle some information relating to this HERE As for how i feel about i really enjoy the new interface capabilities as long usb working cable 360 peripheral XBOX not drivers as there are some small changes XBOX 360 usb cable peripheral drivers not working made I guess that's the only reason we have it this soon though for example some apps should be able to be moved to the desktop at will others such as xbox partner not so much basically applications that have always run in fll XBOX 360 usb cable peripheral drivers not working screen should be left in the metro area and other should be free to play with i think i heard that the metro view and be loaded to a flash drive and taken elsewhere that would make this a lot easier to think about

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/4562-xbox-360-usb-cable-peripheral-drivers-not-working.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Not to long ago I was playing Halo 2 PC using my wired Xbox 360 Controller. All of a sudden my computer (which uses Windows 7) decides not to recognize it. Every time I plug in the controller in now it comes up as "Unknown Device". I have not changed anything,
I mean anything. Yes I have tried all methods of fixing the problem but they do not work.  If someone knows a sure fine way to get the controller working again it would be much appreciated.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b0cb5214-52a5-4ef4-ae60-cb34a4752672/xbox-360-wired-controller-is-not-working-with-windows-7?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi this working stopped XBOX suddenly Pioneer 360 HTS-GS1 is my first post and I apologize for it being a problem question but Google has provided no answers for me I found this website Pioneer HTS-GS1 XBOX 360 suddenly stopped working via a search result finding this thread http forums techguy org games -help-pioneer-hts-gs -surround- html I own the Pioneer HTS-GS system I ve had the product for about a year and it has worked great until today While playing a game on my XBOX the unit suddenly went out The display is blank and will not power on I ve tried pressing the button on the receiver and using the remote with no luck I m not very familiar with audio products but I ve tried some basic trouble shooting including - Unplugging the power cord and plugging it back in - Unplugging the receiver and plugging it back in - Plugging the power cord into a different walljack - Checking the batteries in the remote - etc As I mentioned before I m a novice when it comes to audio This is was my first home theater system I tried searching Google for an answer but that was difficult and I couldn t find anything Could it be a fuse or something I figured I d try here before I inevitability contact Pioneer support and sit on hold for a bit haha Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pioneer-hts-gs1-xbox-360-suddenly-stopped-working.837857/
Relevancy 46.01%

I uninstalled, tried to reinstall. all options are labeled "xbox 360" which i do not have and have never had. How do i get these games back?

Tags: color switch online, guitar ringtones

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/42776-microsoft-10-solitaire-stopped-working-dont-have-xbox.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I installed Windows 10 for the first time a few hours ago. I like the new interface, etc, but I have a few problems:
Xbox One wired controller doesn't work. Windows 10 automatically install a driver for it, but it still doesn't work. I tried some solutions like this, but without success. I haven't that Microsoft Xbox One Controller entry he wrote about.
Xbox controller works fine with another PC. And these USB ports as well, works fine with other devices.

A:Xbox One controller and external USB driver are not working

For anyone interested:
I luckily found an old version of drivers for Win 7 and Win8. So now I can choose "Microsoft Xbox One Controller" inside the "update drivers" screen.

This is so odd.

EDIT: Controller works, but in some games LT and RT doesn't work.
God, I miss Windows 7 so much....
EDIT 2:
Ok, I figured it out. To fix this problem. Install old version of the driver, you can find here Xbox One Controller PC Drivers Are Now Out For Download, Courtesy of Major Nelson

After installation, plug in your controller and wait for the automatic driver installation. It works bad.
So you have to go in Device Manager, right click on controller that has "danger" icon, select Update Driver, then select the manual method and choose this old version

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/41156-xbox-one-controller-external-usb-driver-not-working.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Last week we heard that Microsoft was adding keyboard and mouse support to the Xbox One, but the company wasn't fully clear on why or how this support would be integrated. Now, thanks to The Verge's interview with Microsoft's head...

Read more

A:Microsoft reportedly working on PC to Xbox One game streaming

Why not just capture the video and feed the stream the inputs like that really efficient application reported on the other day?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-reportedly-working-on-pc-to-xbox-one-game-streaming.217358/
Relevancy 45.58%

No driver ive found installs automatically. and the only driver that "seems" to work if i manually install in device manager is the 360 driver
BUT. the controller led does not turn on. and windows update fails to find any driver.
and the controller does not work or show up in joy.cpl
Help??

update: windows 10 works and the light comes on if i change the auto installed driver to a generic
"xbox controller" driver in device manager
but windows 7 doesnt have that option in device manager.
so far in windows 7 ive only gotten the light to come on after installing any (any at all) 360 controller driver.. only the light works.. and doesnt show up in joy.cpl no matter if i restart.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/387160-powera-xbox-one-pro-ex-controller-driver-x64-windows-7-not-working.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

I have an old 360 Live Vision USB Webcam that use occasionally (very, very occasionally, last use was late last year) that has apparently stopped working. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to possibly get it working again? Seems that Win10 recognises as a webcam it but I'm not getting any vision from it.

I know that MS recently completely broke the whole webcam process but I thought that was for the Anniversary update only and I'm still on 1152 (or whatever the version before Anniversary was) and figured it'd still work.

Am I just out of luck or has anyone still got a working one?

Thanks for your time!
LC

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/69973-xbox-360-live-vision-camera-no-longer-working.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Several XBOX apps were working fine until Since access stopped and app account in XBOX fail Apps working then I XBOX Apps stopped working and in app access account fail am unable to download new XBOX Apps stopped working and in app access account fail packs Ii e jigsaws Resolved that MS Account is now logging entries into my history log as Security Challenge events from Internet Explorer The following explanation for Security Challenge is We detected an unusual sign-in attempt with the correct password This might have been you but we weren t sure for example this might have happened on a new device we didn t recognize To help protect your account we required an extra security challenge I have checked my MS account and it is not set up for Step security I seem to be unable to set my device as a Trusted Device and many of my Apps do not support additional security parameters I think the problem was triggered by Microsoft asking for verification of my account where they sent me an email with a code to be entered manually into the menu It verified but now seems to be acting as a Step verification even though I did not request that

A:XBOX Apps stopped working and in app access account fail

I have tracked the fault down to two MS System library routines that are called by the Apps, but time out due to exceptions. I can see that these routines are triggering a response in Microsoft Account, so the problem is NOT due to corruption in my PC. I am convinced now that the problem is at the MS server end. For some reason, my PC is sending the correct request with a valid LIVE_ID password, but for some reason Microsoft Account handler is demanding extra verification data which my Apps are not set up to deal with. I think this is connected to the new 2Step verification process. I cannot turn that off since MS menu shows it is not enabled, and thus the menu 'button' to turn it off is not displayed. One possible solution may be to set up myDevice as a trusted device, but again the procedure described in the help screen does not describe the options displayed on the MS menu, so I cannot do that either.

All these problems seem to be related to the Microsoft Server end, so any suggestions to re install windows or do registry scans / fixes will not work. The path to provide the extra data that MS requires does not exist in theService libraries. These files that I have so far identified are: combase.dll and windows.networking.BackgroundTransfer.dll

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/66320-xbox-apps-stopped-working-app-access-account-fail.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello guys It seems I got a BSOD suddenly after my Xbox one controller stopped working out of no where It was working fine a couple of hours ago I updated my computer restarted and everything seemed fine I went to go play a game with my Xbox one controller and BAM the light wasn't on I checked to make sure it was plugged in and even stopped after controller BSOD randomly Xbox working. ntoskrnl.exe+70380 one restarted my computer again but nothing Soon after I unplugged my ntoskrnl.exe+70380 BSOD randomly after Xbox one controller stopped working. controller and plugged it in I got a BSOD This is a relatively new Alienware computer I only had it about months from today I have the dmp file from Bluescreenviewer and I know it has something to do with my Xbox one controller The moment my Xbox one controller stopped working I got the BSOD I included what bluescreenviewer showed me I just don't know how to go about solving this The computer works fine and I restarted it several times and no BSOD But my Xbox one controller simply does not work Much help will be appreciated Text file as an attachment

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ntoskrnl-exe-70380-bsod-randomly-after-xbox-one-controller-stopped-working-1112841.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I just purchased this USB wireless router:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24P0PF0492

I installed the software from the supplied disc that came with it and plugged in the usb router... Computer recognized it and gives me a message that it is connected. Incidentally I am connecting to my iphone as that is what I use for my wireless hotspot. So even though the PC says its connected in the dialog window for network activity, I try to check email or launch IE or Google Chrome and nothing is finding the internet.!!?? Why would that be? The computer said it found the wireless network. So how do I get it connected to the internet? Any suggestions here?

Thanks so much in advance.

Relevancy 43.43%

Hey I am having problems connecting to Xbox live because it has no internet access and I have tried lots of protocols and nothing is working I need hardwired Xbox to Xbox. from Network computer NoInternetAcess Sharing help I am not a computer savvy person but I think I have done enough resetting and going through countless forums Okay here is the deal I am upstairs and my wireless connection is downstairs with out of bars of reception I connect the Xbox to my laptop Network Sharing hardwired from computer to Xbox. Xbox NoInternetAcess and it has no internet access for some reason Mind it was working not that long ago with te same connection then one day it just decided to give out Here is my list from ipconfig all in the CMD prompt If someone could help it Network Sharing hardwired from computer to Xbox. Xbox NoInternetAcess would be much appreciated C Users User gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Corey Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - E-F - -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d c d f d fad Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday November PM Lease Expires Thursday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -ED- - - -BE- E- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - -BE- E- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DEE - F A- EED- - D E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDC - CF- B -AB E- E C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c a eb daed Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c a eb daed Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled

A:Network Sharing hardwired from computer to Xbox. Xbox NoInternetAcess

According to this, your Xbox is not connected to the LAN.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199023-network-sharing-hardwired-computer-xbox-xbox-nointernetacess.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Yesterday at the Game Developers Conference, Microsoft held a keynote that included a number of details on how the company will improve the gaming experience in Windows 10.

Read more

A:Windows 10 gets Xbox Live SDK, Xbox One wireless controller, accessories

I though you could connect and use the Xbone controller through it's usb cable?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-10-gets-xbox-live-sdk-xbox-one-wireless-controller-accessories.209431/
Relevancy 43.43%

So all awesome games of windows store have xbox one requirement, can i play it without xbox?

A:Can i play Xbox one labeled games on windows store without xbox?

Where does it say XBOX ONE is actually required to play the game? I see games with XBOX branding but no mention of actually having to have an XBOX to play them? I own an XBOX ONE, it has its own APP/Game store separate from the Store you see on a PC. If the App or Game installs it should be playable? Try one of the free ones first.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/53874-can-i-play-xbox-one-labeled-games-windows-store-without-xbox.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a USB 2.5 external HDD that I want to use with my Xbox 360 to play original Xbox games.

An emulator is required to play original Xbox games and the 360 will download this etc. for you with an Xbox 360 that has an internal HDD.
Mine is only a 4GB internal HDD so will not perform this function!

Can anyone help me make the external USB HDD perform this function???

Thanks

A:Making an External HDD backwards compatible for Xbox games on an XBox 360

360 isn't backwards compatible with Xbox games. Since you have digital copies of the game, we can't be sure you actually own a legit copy. So, we can't help you sorry.

But, you can use this to format external drive for your 360.
http://www.wikihow.com/Format-a-Hard-Drive-for-Use-With-Xbox-360

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/making-an-external-hdd-backwards-compatible-for-xbox-games-on-an-xbox-360.197802/
Relevancy 43%

I'm thinking about networking my two home computers using powerline networking as opposed to wired or wireless. Does anyone have any information on this technology and how good/reliable it is?

A:powerline

IMO, it's a very poor choice. I've tried two different brands of powerline networking, and I've encountered it a couple of times. Only in one instance did it perform well enough to be useful.

My choices are as follows.
Wired
Wireless
Tin can and string
powerline networking

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powerline.647620/
Relevancy 43%

Modified Xbox Consoles Banned From Xbox Live
(November 11 & 12, 2009)

In an attempt to combat piracy, Microsoft is permanently banning modified Xbox consoles from accessing Xbox Live. The ban also applies to gamers who have played games downloaded in violation of copyright laws. The ban will affect between 600,000 and one million players.

Users can recover their online profiles if they purchase another console. The plan raises concerns because it is the console rather than the player that is banned, so the people who purchase the devices second hand could find themselves unable to access Xbox live.

Microsoft bans up to 1 million Xbox Live users - Games - msnbc.com
BBC NEWS | Technology | Xbox console ban is 'permanent'

A:Modified Xbox Consoles Banned From Xbox Live

I saw this earlier today and frankly I think this is an excellent call on the part of MS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/39757-modified-xbox-consoles-banned-xbox-live.html
Relevancy 43%

hello i hope someone can help me as i have spent countless hours browsing the web and different forums for an answer so i am finally posting somewhere hoping someone can help me directly i have a laptop connected to my neighbors xfinity wifi hotspot using my uncles login information i have a steady bar connection and am able to access the internet the connection is not the problem i have an ethernet cable connecting my xbox and laptop and i am using Internet Connection Sharing to get access to xbox live this works however i am losing connection ALOT and it is very frustrating trying to play multiplayer with laptop to bridging help xbox connection. for xbox live 360 Need my friends i am guessing that ICS is not as reliable as Bridging the two connections i can successfully create the bridge and can still access the internet on the laptop but cannot connect to xbox live while running the test to connect i can get it to connect to the Need help bridging xbox 360 to laptop for xbox live connection. network by entering the information manualy but then it fails to connect to the internet due to 'the dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names' please help and i will be happy to provide more information if needed

A:Need help bridging xbox 360 to laptop for xbox live connection.

Try this link out, it show both ways of Connecting....

Connect to Xbox Live by using a a Windows Computer
P.S. Does you neighbor know you're using the Hotspot?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/346971-need-help-bridging-xbox-360-laptop-xbox-live-connection.html
Relevancy 43%

I was wondering if you can play regular xbox games on an xbox 360 with xbox live.

A:Solved: can you play xbox games on an xbox 360, live?

of course you can, but, not all game are compatible witht eh xbox 306, and you can play LIVE, those that have LIVE(duuh!)
here's a link with a list of xbox games compatible with the 360

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-you-play-xbox-games-on-an-xbox-360-live.582610/
Relevancy 43%

Ok. When I use my Xbox controller (plugged in and wireless) It works perfectly. When I plug my Turtle Beach Headset into the controller using the adapter that came with them, they work perfectly... until I launch the XBOX app to stream. All the sound comes through the controller (eg chrome;YouTube, Spotify, VLC,Skype etc) except for the Xbox stream to my computer, which has no sound. I have re-installed all the relevant drivers but to no avail. Can someone help me please, as I do like to play my XBOX through my Laptop and chat to people on XBOX Live.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/43984-xbox-one-turtle-beach-xo-one-sound-problems-xbox-app.html
Relevancy 43%

I have my old ZD8000 on A/C power attached to my tv using the tv as monitor.  Below my tv is my XBox 360.  When I use the XBox (also connected to the tv),  it is usually at night.  I use the XBox's white remote to turn it on and off.  The laptop is off.  When I turn the XBox 360 off with the remote, the ZD8000 laptop turns on.  Anyone know what I can do to stop this behavior and can anyone explain why this happens since I would love to understand why?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/ZD8000-laptop-turns-on-when-turning-XBox-360-off-using-XBox/td-p/5646362
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello everyone This is my first time posting a question on a forum ever so please be patient with me I have an Acer Aspire XC with Windows My problem is slow powerline through Bad connection internet I am supposed to have mb s but can only reach mb s My ping is excellent only ms which is better than I ve ever had Bad connection through powerline before I recently upgraded my plan and bought a new router the previous one didn t work after the upgrade but my connection has never Bad connection through powerline been slower Before Bad connection through powerline I upgraded I reached about mb s and had about ms The router and modem has both been tested by the internet provider and there is nothing wrong with either all wireless connections get about mb s I am connected through powerline with small distance from the router modem The router modem is placed in the floor above me so this was the only solution Wireless didn t go through the floors very well The funny thing is that the powerline adapter shows that the connection is good UNTIL I put in the ethernet cable between the socket in my room and the computer This makes me think there is something wrong with either the cable or my computer I have tested the cable so I wondered if any of you know how I can check if my computer is at fault I ve updated the network drivers on my computer and ran a virus scan I m sorry if any info you need is missing nbsp

A:Bad connection through powerline

so I wondered if any of you know how I can check if my computer is at fault?Click to expand...

connect the PC with the cable directly to the router and see what speed you get that would eliminate the powerline adapters and electrical system

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-connection-through-powerline.1135214/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello!!
I tried to set my couple Tplink Powerline TL- WPA4220KIT but i didn't have success.
I followed two provided methods you have on user manual (wps way and another method with Pair) but definitely I got that is impossible to obtain ip.
I tried to use ethernet connection to exclude wifi issues but it's a problem that concerns the ip on lan.
I setted dhcp enabled on router and the status of three leds are what that indicates Power on, Poe on but third led is off..
I also followed a guide downloaded from Tplink website to solve this issue but i didn't.
What do you suggest me?

Sent from Note 4 device - Rome - Italy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-powerline.1163010/
Relevancy 42.57%

Recently a power surge knocked out one of the existing Powerline boxes (Linksys PowerLine AV Ethernet Adapter PLE-200) that I had. The other one still works.

These boxes cost me a good amount of money but only one of them is broken. On the other hand, there are plenty of caveats (the touch lamp needs to be unplugged for Internet to work, etc)

We also have a brand-new Wireless-N router that we want to make use of.

What makes more sense: getting another Powerline box to accommodate the existing one or just getting a Wireless-N PCI card? Both are pretty expensive, and it's for an old computer.

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, Has anyone setup a powerline network with 2 desktop computers and are happy with there setup? If so, can you please give me some pointers. Thankyou in advance. [email protected]

Relevancy 42.57%

I had a question thought I would run this around to people I have two houses I want to connect with internet access the cable would half to run feet from basement which I would install power out let to the next house which i would also install a power out let there and run - volts have not decide through it which is what is recomended for etherenet over power line I am thinking about using this product the XAVB http www netgear com Products PowerlineNetworking PowerlineEthernetAdapters XAVB aspx wich says it can handle Square feet and run at speeds around MBPS Now what I am wondering about is sqaure feet in a build is not the same as max distance it can run accross a cable my thoughts are in a house you have a outlet and then connect this device and then it run thro your fuse box and up to your upstairs room this I think is a shorter distance even tho you room could be quite Ethernet PowerLine over a ways I am wondering if this works like Ethernet over PowerLine a short range bomber using your power fuse box as a source to refuel to make the trip dose any one know what the max distance a Ethernet over power can run over a single cable I am not intrest in running it through ethere house I am going to run point A XAVB feet or so to point B which have anther XAVB and then just plug ethernet cable from a switch to both XAVB devices at each end I am thinking this should work Ethernet over PowerLine but I am worryed about drop off of single over ethernet cable which can happen after a certain distance This be one Curcit connected to one transformer to one house but circut be ran Point A Building Point B building reason where looking into this is becuase its cheap and fast we can do work our selfs so dose not cost anything except parts two female wall jacks or so power line cable run feet to for cable nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Looking at this Powerline adapter set:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Actiont...-Kit/5215483.p?id=1218625358741&skuId=5215483

The reason is that the new place only has a network connection in the front and I am upstairs in the back

Wi-fi should be ok but concerned about range and speed so looking at Powerline

Seems cheeper then a good N router and in my situation more stable

How is Powerline speed?

Anyone using it now? How is it?

A:Powerline adapters vs. wi-fi?

I`ve been using this type of plug-in wired technology for a couple of years (albeit Solwise and not Powerline) with no problems. I`ve found it was an excellent choice and wish I`d done it before as it`s using hardwire rather than my at-the-time inconsistant wifi.

Go for it !

Jenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powerline-adapters-vs-wi-fi.1072589/
Relevancy 42.57%

I currently own one desktop connected to the internet with DSL. I connect by running an ethernet cable from the back of my PC to the modem and then of course the modem to the phone line/wall. I just purchased a laptop and I'm looking to network it through powerline.

Will I be able to set powerline up using my DSL modem or will I have to buy a router? My modem only has one ethernet port on it, which is currently being used by the cable connected to my computer and then to the modem.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Relevancy 42.57%

Should I get an internal wireless network card or simply use a powerline/homeplug connection (google if you don't know about this). Generally a site I use called Lifehacker recommends the latter but I don't know how it compares with wireless. I imagine it would be faster but really have no idea

Relevancy 42.57%

I have a small network in my house and only one ADSL connection alas right at one Extender or Powerline end of the property with no hope of moving the location of the modem router anywhere else As my kids and I often use devices elsewhere we use WI FI wherever possible but it does not reach to most of the house so we have up until now been using a Extender or Powerline wifi extender - with very variable results The biggest issue again is range due to the layout of the house its difficult to find a spot where the extender can receive a good signal then re transmit to the areas where it is needed At one point I Extender or Powerline resorted to two extenders chained to push the signal further into the house but then we had speed and other issues Recently it was suggested I should consider using a quot powerline quot system - but having never used these before I wished to gather some opinions as to whether this would be a good idea or not On paper it seems such a system would help with my most acute Extender or Powerline problem and that is feeding my son's laptop at the very far end of the property he needs a decent connection for his Uni work If I have understood correctly he would be able to connect the laptop via Ethernet cable to the powerline and also use the wi fi for his phone Would such a system give him better reliability - at the moment the current wi fi drops out too easily there Secondly we have an issue where my daughter's Ipad seems to grab the extender wi fi and not let anyone else use it despite there being a reasonable signal If she is not on her Ipad we have no issues only when she uses it Again any thoughts

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/129837-extender-powerline.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, hope someone can help....My new usb wireless adaptor will not work on my 32-bit XP machine but it works perfectly on my Windows 7 PC.
My old 'wireless g' adaptor still works in the same usb port - albeit the signal is weak - so the port is fine. The driver installation seemed to go fine and windows device manager confirms this.
The green light is on but it can't detect the router (the same router that the device can detect when installed on the windows 7 PC) or any other wireless networks for that matter.
I've uninstalled, rebooted, then reinstalled but with the same results - no networks found.

The adapter is the TP-Link TL-WN722N. Wireless N capable and router supports N.

I'd be grateful for any help.
Thanks.

Relevancy 42.57%

Wi-fi adapter is not working in my laptop.... There is a red x over wi-fi network in "change adapter settings".... I checked....it is enabled...and I also try troubleshoot but it still not working....I tried some of these techniques:1. I updated the wi-fi adapter driver2. Uninstall the driver...then check for hardware changes...and reinstall the driver..3. Uninstall the driver completely then download the new driver on hp by finding my productI tried all Above procedures but it couldn't help...Please help me...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wi-fi-adapter-is-not-working/td-p/5644119
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello,

I have a PS-2 to USB Adapter for my mouse. When I plug it in the light on the bottom for the mouse goes on but, I am unable to use the mouse. This is a winxp PC. Any help would be great

A:PS-2 to USB Adapter not working

Hello,
you may need to install a driver for your mouse. Look online for free driver downloads for your mouse. Hope this helps
jake

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ps-2-to-usb-adapter-not-working-476806.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello all I wasn't sure whether to put this issue in Networking or Hardware but went with here Apologies if my decision was incorrect Basically I have here desktop machines and a laptop all adapters? Ethernet powerline running Windows Before the problem one desktop and the laptop were connected to the router wirelessly and the other desktop was connected via Ethernet powerline adapters? ethernet powerline adapters apologies but I do not know the technical term for these They are basically a plug with an ethernet socket One is plugged in and connected to the router and another is plugged in somewhere else in the house and Ethernet powerline adapters? attached to the PC Internet access could be achieved by all machines and all machines could read one another's files at fairly high Ethernet powerline adapters? speeds at least MB s Now however the other desktop is running on ethernet powerline adapters as well leaving only the laptop on a wireless connection The only problem with this is that the desktops can now only read each other's files very slowly the most I have seen it get to is KB s What's odd is that internet access speeds are not impaired at all both machines can access the web at the same speeds they used to simultaneously The only issue is connecting with each other Any insight as to why this would affect just the desktop-to-desktop connectivity and not internet speeds And if so is there a fix The powerline adapters provide a much more stable connection than wireless used to but the connectivity speed reduction between the desktops is quite the pain Any help appreciated Tom

A:Ethernet powerline adapters?

Quote: Originally Posted by Teekz

Hello, all.

I wasn't sure whether to put this issue in Networking or Hardware, but went with here. Apologies if my decision was incorrect.

Basically, I have here 2 desktop machines, and a laptop, all running Windows 7.

Before the problem, one desktop and the laptop were connected to the router wirelessly, and the other desktop was connected via ethernet powerline adapters (apologies, but I do not know the technical term for these. They are basically a plug, with an ethernet socket. One is plugged in and connected to the router, and another is plugged in somewhere else in the house and attached to the PC).

Internet access could be achieved by all machines, and all machines could read one another's files at fairly high speeds, at least 2MB/s.

Now, however, the other desktop is running on ethernet powerline adapters as well, leaving only the laptop on a wireless connection. The only problem with this is that the 2 desktops can now only read each other's files very slowly, the most I have seen it get to is 256KB/s. What's odd, is that internet access speeds are not impaired at all, both machines can access the web at the same speeds they used to, simultaneously. The only issue is connecting with each other.

Any insight as to why this would affect just the desktop-to-desktop connectivity, and not internet speeds? And if so, is there a fix? The powerline adapters provide a much more stable connection than wireless used to, but the connectivity speed reduction between the desktops is quite the pain.

Any help appreciated,
Tom.

Tom can we get a diagram/description of the network setup? Router? Modem?, etc
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/131013-ethernet-powerline-adapters.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,
My digital cable and internet provider uses an Ethernet line to carry both into my house. Currently I have an Ethernet cord running to my set top box carrying both digital cable and internet. When it get's to the set top box it split's it up into it's respective places. The Ethernet cord I use is very long and I need to run it along the roof of my house for it to reach the cable box. If I were to use Ethernet over power line would i be able to get everything to work? I'm asking this because Ethernet over power line is usually just used for internet. Would it be able to handle a tv signal and internet signal?
Thanks

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I am very Ethernet or cable? Powerline happy that I have found this forum and would like to thank you all Powerline or Ethernet cable? for all the info available I have been searching in the old threads have found some similar topic but nothing answering exactly my question Hope anybody can help me I recently got a new internet connection through Satellite The provider is Xplornet I am in Quebec Canada The download speed I get is mbps It is good better than my old dial-up but still not so fast so I want to be sure not to loose any speed or a minimum of speed while bringing the internet to the other computers My modem is located on the first floor of the house and I have to bring it to the second floor of a different building garage and to the basement of the house As there is metal and concrete to cross everywhere I eliminated WI-FI from my options So I have to my knowledge only two options Powerline or bringing ethernet cable To reach the basement I will need feet or wire To reach the second floor of garage I will need feet of wire As the powerline seems to be more convenient it also seems that the signal will not pass well through the breakers And also what about feet Will it still work Following the few information I found online about it it would not be the best option for me Is that right About Ethernet I am able to bring the wire to both places but I am quite confused about the qualities of wire e What does that mean Also feet seems to be the maximum distance a ethernet cable will work so will I still get my mbps or I will loose a lot To resume Will powerline or Ethernet be the best option for me If Ethernet is the best option what type of wire should I have to buy Will I still get mps downloading speed after feet of Ethernet cable Do I need a booster I thank you a lot in advance for your help Sorry for my bad English Looking forward to reading you ericdelo nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello there,

my dad wants to make a little studio in the basement, set up his hammond organ, laptop and etc... But the problem is that he cannot access the internet.

Wired connection is out of option, as well as wireless - I can't get a signal. I watched a video of NCIX Tech tips, and found out that a powerline would be something for me.

I need to know if I can get a working power-line. I would need to know if my router supports it, and I would need to know the product.

I will shop via www.heureka.sk

Specs:

Router: Draytek Vigor 2700 ADSL2/2+
Laptop: HP Elitebook 8730W

Thanks

A:Need help with choosing Powerline product

Atham said:

I need to know if I can get a working power-line. I would need to know if my router supports it, and I would need to know the product.Click to expand...

sure it will - - it acts similar to a switch

I will shop via www.heureka.sk
Bratislava, SlovakiaClick to expand...

These are impediments for our replies as
a) we're on domestic 120vac 1phase and your on some 240vac
b) your shopping site / country of origin make it hard to recommend a device that
you can easily purchase.

Here's a link for some available in the U.S.
and you might be able to search your shopping site for at least these brand names.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-choosing-powerline-product.174493/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Dell A940 All In One.. printer/scan/copy it is 8 yrs old.
Win XP

I downloaded the new Internet Explorer 8 and I can't print.....plus
Microsoft Updates as of June 8th.. it might just be a coincidence.or my problem.

The printer powers itself off and says Powerline Off...when I try to print..
It wont print in Mozilla either.
It wont print in WordPad or Cmd prompt...

It is on the USB port...when I just checked.
My computer Dell Dimensions 8200 -- is connected to a Verizon DSL router modem With a cable Not wireless..
Printer is connected with cables...and seemed connected fine...
I unplugged printer and that did not help... rebooted computer many times the last several days...
did searches but am stumped...any suggestions?

A:printer error-Powerline Off

I am not sure what you downloaded by Microsoft, but it may be you need to go online to the printer manufacturer and download new drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-error-powerline-off.929194/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Basically i have a Sky router downstairs and i can connect wirelessly to it perfectly when i am downstairs But upstairs the signal is quite weak So i bought a TP LINK Powerline Extender and set it up and placed it upstairs But the connection is awful It's even worse I am mainly doing this because i very low Extender speed Powerline have a PS upstairs and i wish to connect online using a wired connection I do plug the ethernet cable into the PS but the connection again is awful even when on Powerline Extender very low speed a wired connection When on the PS i do a connection test on both wifi access points and the Sky router has an upload speed of mbps But the TP LINK extender has an upload speed of kbps which is obviously awful Why is the TP LINK connection so weak even though it is literally plugged in right next to my PS Don't get me wrong i can actually connect to TP LINK on all devices PS Laptop Iphone but the connection is really bad I just want to be able to have a wired connection into the PS but with the awful speed it's impossible Thanks for the help

A:Powerline Extender very low speed

Is it plugged directly into a socket?
Have you updated the firmware?
Is there anything that can be interfering with the signal?
Have you tried it in different sockets?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/powerline-extender-very-low-speed-4603344/
Relevancy 42.14%

Evening all,

My parents computer is in some kind of wireless absorbing lead lined vault, and not even a 15" wire mesh ladel can boost the signal sufficiently, so I'm looking at some powerline networking.

Specifically,http://www.scan.co.uk/products/newl...inc-pass-through-mains-plug-adaptor-twin-pack

Does anyone have experience of powerline networking, and if so, riddle me this:

Is it safe, using the 'pass through' plug, to attach a 6 plug adapter? I don't know why it would be significantly different to plugging in a single item with it's own dedicated power lead, but I thought it worth asking. Don't want the place to go up in flames because the powerline adapters don't like having a multiplug do-dad going into them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-question-about-powerline-networking.1010753/
Relevancy 42.14%

Can anyone please answer a question about using Homeplug powerline networking devices such as this:

Netgear 1-port Powerline Adapter Kit

1. Does this act as a switch or does it create a new network like a router would?
2. Can multiple computers connect to a single source adapter?

I have a server that needs file sharing to other computers, not just port 80. Can I plug one of these into my existing router and the workstations into other Homeplug adapters and still access files on the server?

A:Powerline networking question

I played around with powerline ethernet at one point. here's what i can tell you

> Think of the powerline connection as tho it were an ethernet extension cord. It's like running a longer ethernet cable

> I did do some benchmarking and the speed over powerline was slower then if it were truly a simple cable extension

> Depending on how your house electrical is wired, it IS possible powerline ethernet won't work (no connection can be made between the two outlets) so i'd advise buying from a brick and mortar store, or at least somewhere where you can return easily if any problem or not works the way you want

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/powerline-networking-question.173648/