Windows Support Forum

Tried to speed up laptop, now wifi doesn't work

Q: Tried to speed up laptop, now wifi doesn't work

I went and disabled some services from running, nothing important, just the ones listed here (very bottom): http://www.computing-tips.com/2008/06/02/how-to-make-windows-xp-run-faster/
I also followed their advice on the BIOS (last paragraph just above Disable GUI Options )

Now my laptop won't show the wireless icon, and won't connect to wifi. Can someone tell me which service may have done this?

Thanks,
Aza

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Tried to speed up laptop, now wifi doesn't work

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Tried to speed up laptop, now wifi doesn't work

Hi:Hopefully you did not run regcleaner.right ?
Let's start by doing two things:
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:
• COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
• Computer Browser
• DHCP Client
• DNS Client
• Network Connections
• Network Location Awareness
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• Server
• TCP/IP Netbios helper
• Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
• WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
• Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic (or perhaps manual).

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Can you make a wired connection through the router ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tried-to-speed-up-laptop-now-wifi-doesnt-work.928702/
Relevancy 80.84%

My laptop doesn't work with wifi when I first open it. It will show at the bottom of the screen that it is fully connected and has full bars, but when I open the internet the pages will not open. I must restart the computer and then it will work. How can I fix this?

A:Laptop doesn't work with wifi

When the WiFi is active, the laptop NIC should be disabled - - easy - - just unplug the the cable to the router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-doesnt-work-with-wifi.201724/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi I have an Asus K e-BBR laptop running Windows Home Premium bit I've WiFi Asus laptop's My doesn't work had it for years I didn't have trouble with the WiFi for a My Asus laptop's WiFi doesn't work few months but then it My Asus laptop's WiFi doesn't work started acting up I of course factory reset many times etc and it didn't help There was a cycle The built-in wasn't working so I put in the dongle Then after a while of using the dongle the built-in WiFi took over started working and I could unplug Anyway this was a year ago I took it to Best Buy and they apparently fixed it but it acted up again the day after I got it and then worked for a few months before I had trouble with it again My hard drive failed so I took it to another computer shop and got a new hard drive and I think there might be something wrong with the drivers even though I've installed uninstalled downloaded from website and updated etc Now here's what happens When turn on my computer for the first time or wake it up from sleep the WiFi built in doesn't work it can't connect to any networks I have to turn off the WiFi antenna with Fn-F and then click troubleshoot where it says 'no connections are available' It then goes through troubleshooting and and then has an option for quot turn on wireless capability' I click on it and it turns on the antenna wireless capability and it works This is consistent I can always get it to work that way though sometimes it takes more than try Can you help me fix this Thank you

A:My Asus laptop's WiFi doesn't work

Most tech enthusiasts would never run the corrupt factory preinstall with all of the bloatware that throttles Win7 native performance, but instead get the superior Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

Follow the steps about putting your wireless driver in your backup so if it isn't provided by installer you can install it to connect to your netowrk and get online quickly.

Then if you stick with the tools and methods given in the tutorial only, you'll get and keep a perfect install for as long as you do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/274473-my-asus-laptops-wifi-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 75.68%

So I accidently bent my Belkin surf and share WiFi adapter on my desktop, and the internet cut out. I assumed it was broken, so I plugged it into my laptop and turned the wifi switch to off to test it out. Strangely, it worked fine. Then I attempted other USB ports on my tower, none of them worked. The strange thing is I can see all of the available wifi networks, but can't connect to them. I tried uninstalling the drivers, restarting, and reinstalling but that doesn't seem to work. The chip is fine, as it worked on my laptop, but it refuses to work on the tower.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

A:Belkin Surf and Share WiFi adapter Doesn't work on desktop, yet works on laptop

Buy an adapter that hasn't been physically damaged.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-surf-and-share-wifi-adapter-doesnt-work-on-desktop-yet-works-on-laptop.1069005/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 69.23%

Acer aspire's Bluetooth doesn't work since I bought it I've installed drivers too but it doesn't work what should I do.
In its specs it has Bluetooth . But there is no Bluetooth device found in device manager how to repair this.
Please HELP!!

A:acer aspire 4738' s bluetooth doesn't work but wifi work?

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... What is the Model Number of your Laptop ? ...

Did you buy the Laptop from new ? ...
Did you mean Windows 7 x86 ?...
If your System Specs are correct you have 4 GB of ram ? ...
If that is the case your Windows should be 64 Bit ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377316-acer-aspire-4738-s-bluetooth-doesnt-work-but-wifi-work.html
Relevancy 65.79%

After a very long time i've bought a car racing game and it doesn't work!

First of all i reinstalled my windows and after that directly installed the nfs underground.
Remember at this time i wasn't having any new drivers for my SIS 300 video card.
At this time the video (which is in the bigenning) was played but after that the menu was all dull grayish.
All i was able to see was just an orange color car. Any text in the menu wasn't even shown, rather instead of words there were boxes (sq, and rectangles).
After that to solve the problem i downloaded latest driver for my video card and after that window's xp was not able to on it even.
It gave me following error message:
Speed.exe encountered a problem and needs to be close. (huh) We are sorry for inconvenience.

So experts any suggestions pls

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello all I had again problems with my wi-fi connection both at work and at home Although I usually I could connect after one or two reboots this time after five restarts the adapter does not connect This bored me Currently I am connected with a Linux distribution then I'll post wifi work doesn't My the information on the network adapter that this distribution gives me Code lspci -vvnn grep -A Network Network controller Broadcom Corporation BCM bgn Wireless Network Adapter e rev Subsystem Broadcom Corporation Device e Control I O- Mem BusMaster SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB B- DisINTx- Status Cap MHz- UDF- FastB B- ParErr- DEVSEL fast gt TAbort- lt TAbort- lt MAbort- gt SERR- lt PERR- INTx- Latency Cache My wifi doesn't work Line Size bytes Interrupt pin A routed to IRQ Region Memory at -bit non-prefetchable size K Capabilities lt access denied gt Kernel driver in use bcma-pci-bridge iwconfig wlan IEEE bgn ESSID quot MyWiFi quot Mode Managed Frequency GHz Access Point A A DE Bit Rate Mb s Tx-Power dBm Retry long limit RTS thr off Fragment thr off Power Management off Link Quality Signal level - dBm Rx invalid nwid Rx invalid crypt Rx invalid frag Tx excessive retries Invalid misc Missed beacon lshw -c network -network description Network controller product BCM bgn Wireless Network Adapter vendor Broadcom Corporation physical id bus info pci version width bits clock MHz capabilities bus master cap list configuration driver bcma-pci-bridge latency resources irq memory - fff -network description Wireless interface physical id logical name wlan serial f f a b capabilities ethernet physical wireless configuration broadcast yes driver brcmsmac driverversion - -generic firmware ip link yes multicast yes wireless IEEE bgn I hope that this information may be useful Thanks in advance My wifi doesn't work for your help

A:My wifi doesn't work

It is a Linux issue, you need to go to a forum that deals with the Distro you are using. Broadcom chips have a big issue with the Linux Kernel no cooperating with them, so you have to use "Man in the Middle" software to get them to work. You are better off using either a Realtek or Intel chip Networking adapter.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68230-my-wifi-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I got a new Asus RT-N10E router. Using it over Windows 7.

Router was working fine until someone switched it off once. Now though I can see other wifi signals, my router doesn't show up. I have tried removing the connection and searching for it again. It doesn't work. I tried completely switching off the router and restarting my computer. That too doesn't work.

Strangest of all, I can see the connection over my smartphone, my kindle Fire but not on my laptop.

Please help me out guys.

Relevancy 64.93%

Hey Guys I have Solved: Work Doesn't WiFi an ASUS G VX Laptop Lately the wireless Solved: WiFi Doesn't Work internet will work sometimes Mostly not The diagnostics says quot turn on wireless quot but it won t turn on I ve tried the switch and the FN Keys Right now I m using the Solved: WiFi Doesn't Work laptop and it works fine I m running windows and have an Intel WiFi Link Mdl AN MMW I have an ASUS N Router Is this Intel my network adapter Do you think it could be going bad Thanks Brian Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Brian gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Brian-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - E- -C -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - E- -C -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ef f ec Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday August AM Lease Expires Sunday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -BB- D- -E -BA- E-A - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -E -BA- E-A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c b bd de Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c b bd de Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap AEF -DD - A - D-F E A E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Brian gt nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I'm located in Mexico at the moment Here the internet is pretty unreliable at times I use izzi Work Connection Wifi Doesn't also known as cablemas Many times the internet would go out modem go out etc happens randomly Its not only me but others as well that i know who live here in Mexico My issue now is my modem which also acts as the router you cannot connect via wifi I have an ethernet cable so thus im connected hardwired I almost always connect hard wired The thing though is if i didn't have an ethernet cable i cannot go online I try to connect to it from my laptop but it doesn't connect I try to connect from my iphone it keep asking me for the password before i click join I typed the password and it keeps getting me back to the Wifi Connection Doesn't Work same screen of what is my password My password on my laptop is already saved and thats why it doesnt ask me on laptop But can someone tell me why my wifi doesn't work Basically if i had no ethernet cable i cannot connect via wifi I have powered off and powered on the modem same issue Is it with my settings If so where in settings do i go and check it The thing is i havent ever changed my settings since i dont know how to do this Back in the us i recall i would go xxx xxx and then go to settings etc

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/393532-wifi-connection-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I've a work - Tecra WiFi doesn't S11 problem with the WiFi adapter of our new Toshiba Tecra S - G PTSE E notebooks I preinstalled one notebook with Win Pro x all preconditioned notebook drivers and toshiba intel tools Then I Tecra S11 - WiFi doesn't work syspreped the notebook took an image of it and rolled out Tecra S11 - WiFi doesn't work the image over the other Tecra S notebooks Now I have the same problem on all notebooks The WiFi adapter Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N AGN has the latest driver installed but it can't access wireless networks it can't even find some The switch for wireless devices is turned on FN F also says that WiFi is enabled When I try to create an ad hoc wireless network it says quot An unexpected error occured quot After rightclick on the 'Wireless Network Connection' gt 'Diagnose' Windows finds a Problem It says quot There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter quot but Windows can't fix the problem wow surprise - I reinstalled the driver many times without any improvements Updating the driver with windows update didn't help too I've installed the following notebook tools - AuthenTec Fingerprint Software - Intel Management Engine Components - TOSHIBA Fingerprint Utility - TOSHIBA HDD Protection - TOSHIBA Mobile Broadband Device - TOSHIBA Value Added Package - TOSHIBA Wireless Manager In the Device Manager are no Unknown Devices remaining In System Information under 'Components' gt 'Problem Devices' are no devices listed I have no ideas left how to fix the problem

A:Tecra S11 - WiFi doesn't work

What security software do you have installed?

Maybe the software is blocking Wifi connections.

You may want to run Toshiba Recovery to rule out a software problem.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?56874-Tecra-S11-WiFi-doesn-t-work
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello!I can't connect to any wifi networks. I can see all of them, but after I type the password and hit connect, it tells me "Checking network requirements" and "Can't connect to this network".My adapter is Ralink RT5390.I tryed: 1. updating the driver(via HP Support Assistant / via a direct download that I found on this forum); 2.  the "troubleshoot problems" method; 3. some unconventional methods that some users posted on the internet; 4. some conventional methods that i found posted on microsoft forums; 5. reinstalling the windows;In windows 7, the wifi works without any problem, but I don't want to go back to w7. Any help would be appreciated! 

A:WiFi doesn't work on windows 8, 8.1, 10

Hi: See if the driver directly from Mediatek works for you. The card should at least work with W8 if it is working for W7... PCI/ mPCI / CB(RT2860/ RT2760/RT2790/ RT309X/ RT35X2/ RT539X/ RT3290/ MT7630)11/3/2015Win7 32/64 Win8 32/64 Win8.1 32/64Win7:5.0.59.0 Win8:5.0.59.0 Win8.1:5.0.57.0 Win10:5.0.57.0

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-doesn-t-work-on-windows-8-8-1-10/td-p/5382808
Relevancy 64.93%

What the title says. I bought a TP-Link WDR4300 and installed it, and everything works perfectly on every device except for my laptop (Windows 8.1 Lenovo G480, running Windows Defender as AV). When connecting wirelessly, I get access to the router, but it shows "limited", and it doesn't even let me get into the setup page (192.168.0.1) and when I ping it, every packet is lost. Ethernet, meanwhile, works perfectly. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix it.

I'd like to attach the ipconfig outputs but my command prompt is in spanish and some of the characters are missing in the .txt file, too. I don't know how to get the file in english.

@jobeard I saw one thread you solved in which you said to mention you so you could help. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks beforehand for any and all suggestions.

A:WiFi doesn't work, Ethernet does

Hi, You will always have to use the ethernet (Cat 5) cable to get into your router's software, at 192.168.0.1, all routers are set up like that for security reasons.
It's done that way so that no one can change your settings, passwords etc using a wireless connection, you must use the Cat 5 cable to make setup & security changes.
Did you get any setup software with the TP Link router?
If you get good internet access using Windows 8.1 using the ethernet cable, it
might point to possible wireless driver issues.
It might be worth downloading the latest driver for your WDR4300 from the TP-link website;
http://www.tp-link.es/support/download/?model=TL-WDR4300&version=V1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-ethernet-does.205530/
Relevancy 64.07%

hi guys,

i'm a computer moron. and i'm having a major crash issue with 'bad pool caller'. i found a similar thread and tried to follow, but i'm stuck. very similar to this situation
BSOD bad_pool_caller, possibly related to wi-fi adapter - Windows 10 Forums
Edit - just uploaded the debug.zip

thx in advance!

A:Bad Pool Caller - WIFI doesn't work

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

If you read it in the correct way, you read that you don't have to upload the log from sfc/scannow, it is only necessary when Windows cannot fix problems

If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC,

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39442-bad-pool-caller-wifi-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey guys, my laptop asus stopped working with wifi connection and I was just reading some posts here about this same problem but didn't find how to fix it.

I was uninstalling some programs from my pc but I didn't uninstall programs named "something wireless". I just took off what I knew I could.

I also tried the option "solve problems" in the wireless pc symbol and the answer was to connect my laptop to an ethernet cable...that never happened. Just now.

Does anyone knows how I get back my wireless connection? Pleasee

A:WiFi doesn't work only with cable ethernet

Powercycle the modem and router. Here is a specific order if you have a separate modem and router.
1. Shut down all PC's.
2. Shut down the Modem and router.
3. Power on the modem only. Wait 2 minutes or so.
4. Power on the router. Wait 2 minutes or so.
If you have a modem/router combo, then you don't need step 4.
5. Boot up the PC and see if you can connect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-only-with-cable-ethernet.207136/
Relevancy 64.07%

After upgrading my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10, the wifi card doesn't work anymore.  I've downloaded the latest drivers for my wifi card, or at least I think I have, but it still doesn't work.  The wifi card is a Intel 11230BNHMW Centrino Wireless-N 1030 WiFi Wireless Mini PCI-E Card.  Does anyone know if this card is compatible with Windows 10.  If so, which driver do I need?

A:Wifi Doesn't Work After Upgrade To Windows 10

Hi, Please try the following discussion:     http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-not-working-after-upgrading-t... Regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Doesn-t-Work-After-Upgrade-To-Windows-10/td-p/5804246
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I have a new PC notebook that my friend gave me It's name is quot Gigabook quot which is not very famous I suspect it is a small company that combines hardware into a notebook Anyways I have installed Windows on it but found out that the internet doesn't work for some reason Ethernet Can't Work Doesn't WiFi Turn And On I can't turn on the WiFi to find out my network and when I connect an Ethernet cable to the notebook nothing happens I thought it's the driver could download it and transfer it to the Can't Turn On WiFi And Ethernet Doesn't Work notebook via USB drive the problem is I can't find the software anywhere My network card is WAN Miniport I can check any other hardware here it's just that you won't find anything about Gigabook P S Can't Turn On WiFi And Ethernet Doesn't Work a this is my first post on your forums please forgive me if I posted in the wrong place or made other noob mistake b I come from the Mac and Linux world so I don't have a lot experience on this OS I'll appreciate any help Thank you very much in advance

A:Can't Turn On WiFi And Ethernet Doesn't Work

What was the original OS? Did you run the Win 7 Upgrade Advisor before you installed Win 7? It's possible the wifi/Ethernet cards do not have available Win 7 drivers. What is the model number of your machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251181-cant-turn-wifi-ethernet-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm in an apartment that has cable internet and i use the wifi The first months i rarely had any issues besides a few random disconnects where i connect back and its working perfectly Wifi Doesn't Internet Work/Disconnects Few days ago the electricity Internet Wifi Doesn't Work/Disconnects went out for close to days Then once electricity came back internet worked as well but the thing is the wifi seems to have lot of issues Some times it would work but then many hours it wouldn't so i have to connect to Internet Wifi Doesn't Work/Disconnects the internet using my iphone by tethering it as a hot spot Im also out of the usa at the moment so data here is very expensive so i dont watch youtube or anything like that when tethering the internet Is there a way to find out why my internet wifi is behaving like this The thing is i'm wondering could it be something with my laptop itself because i have had issues with it last few days I also seen the so called blue screen i had never seen that before with this laptop ever Had this happen multiple times as well Each time it does i let it load then i restart it to safe mode then restart it to regular mode The thing is i connect to the router by wired internet at the moment so i only use the wifi However right now im not sure percent if this is an internet problem or it could possibly be my laptop but i lean heavily for it to my cable internet Is there a way to find out Also i can connect to the wifi and it will show the bars even when i can't visit sites etc

Relevancy 64.07%

So, I have this problem, since I started up my laptop this morning my windows had some issues: at the beginning a game I frequently played started running at 6 fps(usually it goes at 50),then I couldn't change the brightness, and now I can't activate my Wi-Fi. I tried to restore the windows but it always stops and there a Pop-up saying "couldn't restore windows". What should I do?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69366-wifi-brightness-restore-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Video Card - ASUS gt Ultimate It s a dual slot video card with a better cooling system Link http www newegg com Product work Fan Video Fan - on Manual Speed Card Loud Doesn't Product aspx Fan Loud on Video Card - Manual Fan Speed Doesn't work Item N E The cooling system is the same as the quot EVGA Akimbo Cooler quot Whenever I start up a game the fan speed increases and the fan gets very loud can hear it in more than room in house Once I exit the game the fan after a minute or so becomes quiet again I used ASUS Smartdoctor to manually Fan Loud on Video Card - Manual Fan Speed Doesn't work adjust fan speed and automatically adjust fan speed and both didn t work Manual worked until I started a game and fan went to becoming loud again Uninstalled Smartdoctor installed Nvidia nTune results were same as above I don t know why the manual fan speed setting doesn t keep a consistent noise level No matter what I do the fan ends up reaching the same loud noise level If I can t stop the fan speed from increasing what would be a generally good to set it Fan Loud on Video Card - Manual Fan Speed Doesn't work at to reduce noise nbsp

A:Fan Loud on Video Card - Manual Fan Speed Doesn't work

Edit: I used the Nvidia Physx Cloth Demo while using RivaTuner to view gpu temps. Right when I started the demo, the fan speed increased. While doing the demo, the gpu temp was at a constant 48 degrees celcius.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fan-loud-on-video-card-manual-fan-speed-doesnt-work.758322/
Relevancy 63.64%

I ve scoured the internet for answers but wireless problems are so vast that I can t pinpoint the Update doesn't Solved: work SP1 WiFi after Windows answer to my problem This is what happened Internet and computer working fine as usual Windows Updater offered to update with Service Solved: WiFi doesn't work after Windows Update SP1 Pack Solved: WiFi doesn't work after Windows Update SP1 I confirmed After the computer restarted I tried to go about my business NO INTERNET CONNECTION Uninstalled the Solved: WiFi doesn't work after Windows Update SP1 Service Pack restarted Still no connection Other Symptoms I watch House too much -Opening Dell Wireless WLAN Card utility spurs the following message quot The Wireless Network Adapter could not be accessed This application may have diminished functionality as a result quot - Dell Wireless WLAN card Utility says Radio Disabled -Radio Configuration Dell Quickset WiFi Catcher says Switch Status Enabled So somehow this service pack did something that disabled messed up my wireless -- and now I don t know what to do I am running Windows Home Vista Premium and am using an B G N Draft wireless chip from Broadcom Dell Help would be awesome please nbsp

A:Solved: WiFi doesn't work after Windows Update SP1

Are you sure Service Pack one didn't restart you WLAN Autooonfig on your PC?

http://www.home-network-help.com/wlan-autoconfig.html

Maybe you want to make sure thats all turned off since your just using the dell supplied software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-doesnt-work-after-windows-update-sp1.796404/
Relevancy 63.64%

Alright so after I booted up my laptop with the installation disc, My built in wifi doesn't work now. It's saying i need to install a driver... Where would I do this?

A:new hard drive. built in wifi doesn't work now?

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite with windows 7 if that's needed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559346/new-hard-drive-built-in-wifi-doesnt-work-now/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have an Asus U50F Laptop and the external wireless switch to turn the WiFi on/off isn't working. The splash screen will show up indicating I turned off my WiFi but then nothing happens and I still have a wireless connection.

A:External Asus WiFi Switch Doesn't Work

I managed to fix this by installing the Asus wireless console 3. Delete this thread please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/135067-external-asus-wifi-switch-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Everyone, we've a Problem. After we've updated a HP ThinClient T610 to the newest ThinPro Version (5.2.x) it doesn't recognized the WIFI Adapter anymore. I've tested it with another one, but even this one doesn't work. Does anyone have an idea what it could be? Or is there a list with the supported WIFI Adapter on it? It would be great if anyone could help us. We should provide a solution to the customer. By the way: the adapter ist shown in the USB-Manager. But it doesn't recognize it as a WIFI Adapter. It's just there that i could redirect it to the session, not to connect to a Wireless-Network. Many thanks!Alex

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/T610-WIFI-Adapter-doesn-t-work-after-ThinPro-5-2-Update/td-p/5711207
Relevancy 62.78%

well i am having a issue ive tryed everything speed of this 50%-70% on laptop wifi only loss know to man to fix the issue i pay for internet until here recently im only getting mbs- mbs download speed and my ping is - over what it usually is i can be a couple inches away from the router and only have signal - dBm ive reset my os times and reconfigured router numerous times ive set to all wifi speed loss of 50%-70% only on this laptop channels no help all the same all my other devices get FULL speed i can bring my laptop to my parents charter and it will still not get FULL speeds i had amd quick stream i seen were it was alot of peoples issues but not mine im starting to believe its the adapter i bought one for not even a few hours ago off ebay hoping its the culprit no firewall is on all drivers have been updated reinstalled and updated with no luck if anyone has any info on what i may be doing wrong would be very greatfull

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67161-wifi-speed-loss-50-70-only-laptop.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 61.92%

Dear All
I'm using Dell Vostro 3350 now. After I upgrade Win 10 Pro, the Laptop Speaker doesn't work and can't give output any sound. But if I put my earphone, all of the sound include song work.
I use PC Doctor and scan the computer hardware but there is nothing found error on hardware and software. I also use windows update to scan all of the drivers, but it can't found any update drivers of this laptop. So what can I do next to fix the problem?
Thank you for member's attention

A:Laptop Speaker Doesn't Work But Using Earphone Work

Hello. Dell does not recommend installing Win10 on the Vostro 3350 model. Dell says, "If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected." To get the best performance from your laptop, revert it back to the previous operating system. You can google to find instructions for undoing Win10.
If you want to continue with Win10, then try to install the IDT Win8 audio driver using compatibility mode.
1. Click the link to go to the driver's page. Download and save the driver to your desktop or any convenient location on the hard drive. 2. Double click on the new folder to extract (unzip) the driver files.3. The extractor wizard will create a new folder for the driver files. It will be at "c:\dell\drivers\xxxxxx". Write down the exact location that the wizard creates. 4. If the driver begins to install automatically, halt (cancel) the installation.5. Browse to the driver files on the hard drive (the location you wrote down).6. Find the "setup.exe" file.7. Right click on setup.exe to open the context menu.8. Select the Properties.9. Select the Compatibility tab.10. Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for"... Win8.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19981114
Relevancy 61.49%

Good morning I recently purchased a mg memory card for my IBM laptop The original OS had mg with which I upgraded to XP SP a while back Anyway that being said I put speed up Memory doesn't Solved: laptop New the new memory in and checked in BIOS on boot and it only said mg which I assume the rest was allocated somewhere else on the disk Also when Solved: New Memory doesn't speed up laptop I tried installing a couple of programs on the laptop after the new memory was put in I got a blue screen with some error messages I assume Couldn t read it fast enough When I tried to read it the laptop rebooted itself and then started up I cannot install any apps or programs without getting that blue error screen It always goes to that screen and reboots itself I don t understand why it didn t speed up the laptop I don t know the processor speed which I think may be a factor in why it s not running better I think it s a Pentium III if that helps to accomodate running XP It does work but very slowly at half the capacity it should for running XP obviously This laptop is a fairly old IBM Thinkpad R I was wondering if there was anything I could do or maybe should have done to remedy the situation I put the old memory back in and although it s slow it seems to run better I was also thinking that maybe I should just reinstall although not sure how that would work when I changed the partition from FAT to NTFS I have read some post about reinstalling on top of XP and some suggest it s not a good idea cos alot of things do not support as far as performance Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I recently purchased a new laptop with WiFi saved Laptop see doesn't the following specs ------------------System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name ALITRON Operating System Windows Single Laptop doesn't see saved WiFi Language -bit Build winblue gdr - Language Arabic Regional Setting Arabic System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion Notebook PC BIOS F Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows Laptop doesn't see saved WiFi DirectX Version DirectX I immediately connected to my WiFi but I had to restart my laptop after which the laptop didn't see my WiFi I surfed the internet looking for solutions and apparently changing the SSID of the network was supposed to fix it which did but I eventually had to restart the laptop and again the WiFi was no longer visible I can still see other WiFi connections in the neighborhood I have tried reinstalling my drivers updating my drivers and some other fixes which never really fixed it I really need help with this thanks in advance I would also like to mention that I am currently using some external device to see my WiFi connection and it sees it normally

A:Laptop doesn't see saved WiFi

Open up a Command Window in the Desktop and paste the following in it, then post the results in a follow-up message (without the quotes): "netsh wlan show all". State in the post, which A/P is yours.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45271-laptop-doesnt-see-saved-wifi.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Dell Vostro running Vista Home Premium I started noticing that when playing games sometimes performance would go down considerably which coincided with doesn't Laptop and speed fan reach overheats full the laptop being considerably hotter to the touch I Laptop overheats and fan doesn't reach full speed installed speedfan to check if this was true and as it turns out the gpu can reach up to C without the fan going full speed I can hear it run but not full speed The fan might reach full speed but not necessarily when the temperature is at is highest which means that the laptop usually overheats when playing videogames I m not sure if this Laptop overheats and fan doesn't reach full speed has happened since I purchased the laptop or after upgrading BIOS I Laptop overheats and fan doesn't reach full speed currently have the latest BIOS from Dell A and the latest reference drivers from Nvidia for the videocard which is a geforce M Can it be that the overheating is due to using the reference drivers and not the manufacturers I used the reference drivers because Dell hasn t updated videocard drivers for almost a year nbsp

A:Laptop overheats and fan doesn't reach full speed

What games are you trying to play on that computer? Hopefully they are not that demanding because the Vostro isn't great for newer games. Also make sure that you are not using it on a soft surface (bed, rug, blanket, etc).

The drivers for your video card should not interfere with your fans since it is all integrated into the same motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-overheats-and-fan-doesnt-reach-full-speed.130224/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there I have just bought a nvidia shield tablet coming tomorrow and I have setup my laptop to create an ad-hoc wireless network for it to join The problem is although the wireless card in my laptop is a wireless AC card and supports up to mbps the link speed I am getting with my phone has a wireless AC card too is only mbps Obviously I would like the connection to be as fast as possible to reduce any dropped frames or lag which may happen when using the gamestream function the shield has I know there are lots of advanced settings for the wireless Setup Laptop card link speed WiFi fastest possible with card in windows and from Setup Laptop WiFi card with fastest link speed possible what I ve read I need to increase the band width for the Ghz spectrum to allow for the faster data rate but I am not entirely sure how to go about this Any assistance would be great and if you think you know the appropriate settings I should use maybe you could assist me Thanks Charlie nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Pasting in contextual information from another post OBconflicker Bi nf worm keeps reappearing windows defender monitor stops working slow computer windows search protocol windows pop up Malware virusPop up windows keep appearing quot Windows search protocol host stopped working stopped, protocol search work, doesn't firefox work microsoft host windows slow, itunes doesn't and was closed quot Itunes occassionally doesn t work Media Sync doesn t work Hard Drive keeps working microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work in the microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work background Windows Defender no longer monitors the running programs End of added information microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work OBLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU TrayIcon exeC Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS Support IntelHCTAgent exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows sttray exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp nkapg r exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp smss exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BullGuard exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows system WerFault exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp csrss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp system exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU Engine exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low services exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low smss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low notepad exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low login exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BGScan exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home mywebsearch com index jhtml pt amp n ce dR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system winlogon exeO - Hosts localhost Inserted By STOPzilla O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - HKLM Run readericon C Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progr... Read more

A:microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289777/microsoft-windows-search-protocol-host-stopped-slow-firefox-doesnt-work-itunes-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 58.48%

Nothing works. When I click on any icon it pops up the "which program do you want to use to open this file", even after that nothing works. I tried to follow guidelines provided by someone, but I can't even open a downloaded program from a usb. It's completely non-usable. Need some help.

A:Laptop Doesn't Work!

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.----------------------------------------------Can you boot into safe mode?Do you have access to a working PC?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330385/laptop-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey all,
I have a Dell laptop and he has a serious problem:
when i'm trying to turn on the pc it doesn't work i'm pressing the On button and it doesn't work.
and If I plug in the charger its making a weird noise (Sometimes it makes noise without the charger too).

Please help I dont know how to fix this

A:My laptop Doesn't work Please Help!

What's the model name and model number of that Dell laptop?

What's the "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on it?

Is it running Windows XP or Vista or 7 or 8, 32-bit or 64-bit?

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-doesnt-work-please-help.1135590/
Relevancy 58.48%

I turned my computer on normally earlier and went on to google chrome then the screen turned blue with loads of writing on the and it turned itself off. When I turned it back on it seemed normal until I entered my password and it came up with a sign saying "Preparing Your Desktop". It then comes up with what I think is the oldest version of windows and comes up with a notice saying that it cannot locate the System Profile and that it cannot access a windows service. Nothing works on it, I cannot access the Internet or my documents.
I tried to attach a video but it doesn't seem to work on my phone.
The laptop is a ASUS X52F running off Windows 7 Home Premium OA

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello, I can't connect my laptop to my WiFi. I have windows 10 and not the best with computers... I know my WiFi works cuz my BlackBerry is using it right now. I go into settings and turn it on. When I close settings the icon on the bottom of my desktop that shows connectivity shows an X and says it's turned off. **bleep**?!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/cant-get-wifi-to-work-on-my-laptop-desperately-need-help/td-p/5650651
Relevancy 58.05%

I bought a Asus work My Asus laptop's Also WiFi won't K a Rbr October and have had similar issues that you describe and Asus's support is disappointing as is Walmart returns as I bought online went to return it days after rec'd via FedEx but forget my slip so then I end up having surgery and laid up but returned to Walmart to return or repair My Asus laptop's WiFi Also won't work as there is a year warranty I was told too late to return cause I bought online so I ask Asus support phone so I could bring it for repairs Walmart could not find Asus or phone number in their manufacture products they sell it just was not in the big book she looked thru I had no wireless for over a month and finally called Verizon support to walk me thru putting in more secure wireless MAC My Asus laptop's WiFi Also won't work address and I have had no connection problems since I also got in touch with Asus support and they walked me thru a partition or recovery of partial recovery which also helped although I wanted a clean reinstall and a CD sent to do a reinstall but I had to pay for a recovery CD so I am still waiting My Asus laptop's WiFi Also won't work as it has not been shipped out and they do not know when but they took my Cathy Edit Split off to prevent confusion Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486443/my-asus-laptops-wifi-also-wont-work/
Relevancy 58.05%

I m not sure if work Asus WiFi won't laptop's My this is in the right place so you can move it if it s not I have an Asus K e-BBR laptop running Windows Home Premium bit I ve had it for years I didn t have trouble with the WiFi for a few months but then it started acting up I of course factory reset many times etc and it didn t help There was a cycle The built-in wasn t working so I put in the dongle Then after a while of using the dongle the My Asus laptop's WiFi won't work built-in WiFi took over started working and I could unplug Anyway this was a year ago I took it to Best Buy and they apparently fixed it but it acted up again the day after I got it and then worked for a few months before I had trouble with it again My hard drive failed so I took it to another computer shop and got a new hard drive and I think there might be something wrong with the drivers even though I ve installed uninstalled downloaded from website and updated etc Now here s what happens When turn on my computer for the first time or wake it up from sleep the WiFi built in doesn t work it can t connect to any networks I My Asus laptop's WiFi won't work have to turn off the WiFi antenna with Fn-F and then click troubleshoot where it says no connections are available It then goes through troubleshooting and and then has an option for quot turn on wireless capability I click on it and it turns on the antenna wireless capability and it works This is consistent I can always get it to work that way though sometimes it takes more than try Can you help me fix this Thank you New I did a clean reinstall of Windows not the built in one but the from CD one On the advice of someone in another forum It now doesn t even work when I click troubleshoot

A:My Asus laptop's WiFi won't work

New: I did a clean reinstall of Windows 7 (not the built in one, but the from CD one). On the advice of someone in another forum. It now doesn't
even work when I click troubleshoot.

Did you install the drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482464/my-asus-laptops-wifi-wont-work/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi everyone

I have HP dv7 2015tx running windows 7 (64bit) and I have serious problem with wifi connectivity. in last few months the wifi connection started to malfunction and randomly detect and connect to hotspots. and then it stopped working completely after a while. I tried:

-reinstalling, upgrading .... the wireless driver
-using wifi dongle
-replacing the wifi card with a new one
and I found these can not help me in this issue. the same thing happened to my blutooth connectivity last year and after I reinstalled the windows it was all fixed. but this time im not planning to reinstall the windows again.
So in my point of view this problem might be fixed if I fix the way windows is detecting any wifi access !! is there any file missing in windows related to this ?!!

Please help me in this matter

A:WiFi adapter does not work on my laptop

Do you have a wifi router and that's causing you these problems
OR
are you having issues with accessing hotspots?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-adapter-does-not-work-on-my-laptop.195037/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,
I bought a Dell Inspiron 15 5558 laptop two days ago. I turned on this laptop and the keyboard doesn't work. I have used the screen keyboard to finish the configuration (date, time, name and more), thinking that the problem was in the configuration, but not.
What's the problem? How Can I solved it?
Thanks. ;)

A:My laptop keyboard doesn't work

1. Right click Start's button( or press windows key and X key at the same time)
2. Click Control Panel
3. System And Security
4. System and Maintenance, a) Stroll down a little, b) Troubleshoot common computer problem
5. Look to the left side of the page - click " view all "
6. Click on Hardware And Devices

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19667885
Relevancy 57.62%

So my Netflix app on my laptop hasn't been working since it last updated in April. When I click on the app it will open for a second and then close right away. I don't have any connection problems, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. The App Store says there is something that needs to be fixed on the app, and it has been trying to fix it for 20 minutes now. Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Netflix-app-on-my-hp-laptop-doesn-t-work/td-p/5800776
Relevancy 57.62%

hi recently my laptop has had a problem concerning a update from microsoft and has been restored to an earlier point before the update. Now my touch pad won't work so i got to connect a mouse every time i want to use it is there any reason it won't work concerning drivers or is my touch pad broken...

Thanks in advance
Xeno
P.s. its a sony vaio with vista installed intel dual core 1.67ghz
2Gb ram
120gb of hard drive space
im ussually good at fixing this kind of stuff but its my first time using vista

A:Laptop doesn't work with the touch pad

Did you reinstall the drivers/software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-doesnt-work-with-the-touch-pad.621691/
Relevancy 57.62%

I do not have an option right down there to connec tot a wifi i can only connect via wire, it doesnt serach for wifis (i just installed windows 7). It's an hp pavilion g6. I tried installing the wifi adapter from their website BUT as soon as i start the setup it closes by it self :/ please i need help

A:Wireless doesn't work on my hp laptop

Sometimes you have to install the HP wireless manager crapware in order to turn it off in its Preferences so you can use Win7's superior wireless manager from the bottom-right System tray.

But first try rightclicking the System Tray Network connection icon to Troubleshoot, choosing wireless adapter. If that doesn't work correctly, go into Control Panel>Network/Sharing Center>Change adapter settings to rightclick on Wireless adapter to Troubleshoot. If it doesn't appear install its driver from the HP Support Downlloads webpage. Driver Install - Device Manager

Did you follow the other Best Practices to get a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/287764-wireless-doesnt-work-my-hp-laptop.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello guys! my name is lazyb0ne and I have a Dell laptop 1521. I know inside have a build-in microphone. It worked like last year. But I'm not sure what happened to it. I reformat it and it doesnt work again. um I tried reinstalling and upgrade my sound device. But it didn't work. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

A:[Help] Laptop's microphone doesn't work.

Hi lazyb0ne, All Programs>>>Sound Recorder>>> Start Recording>>> if the bar shows movement Mic. working. If not Control Panel>>>sound >>>recording. Check if it says it's working, if not>>>Right click to see if it's disabled if it is click enable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-laptops-microphone-doesnt-work-426431.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have Lenovo 4446 g530, and my wireless its not working.

It worked just fine, I was using my laptop and I put it on sleep mode, when I got back on it the wireless doesn't work.

If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it very much.

Relevancy 57.62%

I installed windows Vista Basic on Presario V5207NR. BUT THE SOUND DOES WORK. It was working in the previous OS Windows XP. I have tried to look for sound card drivers without success. If any one knows how I get the drivers ,can you let know.

A:Sound On Laptop Doesn't Work

Have you tried using external speakers? as your current, in built speakers may not be compatible with Vista...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-on-laptop-doesnt-work-283703.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello everyone This is my first post on this forum and I hope you can help me For past few weeks my laptop has been behaving strangely - it restarts at least once a day often a blue screen appears just before and doesn't work AVG restarting Laptop the restart I also noticed two things - I have AVG antivirus installed and it doesn t work - there s an quot quot on its icon and no text can be seen see attachment I tried to repair it and it worked for a day then it went back to this - Google Chrome doesn t work either I hope you can help me Laptop restarting and AVG doesn't work I ran HijackThis and log is below Many thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Media DMedia exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControlUser exe C Program Files x ASUS Wireless Console wcourier exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Windows AsScrPro exe C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x CheckPoint ZoneAlarm zatray exe C ProgramData Ad-Aware Browsing Protection adawarebp exe C Program Files x Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird Laptop restarting and AVG doesn't work exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Hijack Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http asus msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http asus msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http asus msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Trend Micro NSC BHO - CA B-DC D- A - - E FAC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmIEPlg dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Ad-Aware Security Toolbar - c a e- - - af- aa d bf c - C Program Files x adawaretb adawareDx dll O - BHO ZoneAlarm Security Engine Registrar - A A C - - D C-BD D- CB EED E - C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField WOW TrustChecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files x Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO TmBpIeBHO - BBACBAFD-FA E- - B - EB F D AC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmBpIe dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B C AC BB E dll file missing O - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - C Program Files x Free Download Manager iefdm dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In ... Read more

Relevancy 57.62%

I have an HP 2000-2b10CA and I bought it FIVE DAYS AGO!! I was checking if everything worked so I shot a video and when I played it back I heard nothing! Then I found out it was my mic! I searched online and a lot of people told me to go to the settings and set it as my default device but IT DOESN'T WORK!! So I decided to re-install the driver but it didn't work! PLEASE HELP ME!!! I LOVE THIS LAPTOP AND I DON'T WANT TO GIVE IT UP!!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

A:My NEW Laptop's Microphone Doesn't Work!!

If you have Stereo Mix (System Mixer), that should be set as default Recording Device, if you have it. Then if either the mic or Line In is used it will be detected and heard or recorded.

If reinstalling the driver, from HP, did not work, best to contact HP as only HP can correct it under warranty.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/28397-my-new-laptops-microphone-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi nbsp I bought this laptop in year Sep It has been working fine until now nbsp I had windows installed nbsp Problem gt Laptop just closes itself like someone has pulled the power plug and the battery is not there so nbsp nbsp naturally the laptop will close but in my case there is power supply and there is battery backup although battery is weak nbsp nbsp But how its laptop doesn't sometimes work just dv6-6121tx hp possible it just closes itself Then i try few times to power it on it will switch hp dv6-6121tx laptop just doesn't work sometimes on for few sec like sec or even like sec and will close nbsp Its like in out of times it will power on the laptop so can i can do my stuff nbsp Also sometime i notice the metallic part of the power cord that goes inside the laptop gets superheated when such wierd closing happends nbsp I also upgrade my laptop to win but still the same problem exists So where is the problem gt is it motherboard is it probably harddisk is it videocard which is build on motherboard Please help me out on this issue Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hp-dv6-6121tx-laptop-just-doesn-t-work-sometimes/td-p/5670202
Relevancy 57.62%

That's the call I got last week.
He got a new Dell, then asked me to look at his HP printer.
It was chock full of dead insects and dead insect parts, as well as residue from the insect bomb he'd set off a few days before.
I took the old laptop home to remove the HD and get his files.
I need a raise.
More here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/hughva/20100729#5499279389933245650

Relevancy 57.62%

hey i have a problem internet doesn t work on my laptop on doesn't my work laptop internet after getting some worms that prevented me to open any programs i did a recover from previous back up but since then my internet doesn t work with or without cable wirelessly my laptop says im connected to the router but it says that i have no connection to internet sometimes it says that i m connected to internet but even so when i try to open my browsers ieplorer or firefox it just says quot unable to connect quot With wire when i trie to connect via a cable directly to the modem it does the same thing it says iam connected to the modem but i have limited access and the browsers say that it can t open internet i am using windows have a dell computer and a belkin N wireless router and using cable i have read a few post and tried a few solutions but nothing helped i tried to internet doesn't work on my laptop restore the winsock using the netsh command i used winsockxpfix i used lspfix i deleted my norton virus program i reset my router to default i deleted my cache-cookie-history from the browser i think my driver are up to date i check my manager device they all work nothing helped when i type the command ipconfig it gives me ipv adress subnet mask default gateway when i type the quot ping yahoo com quot i get received sent lost my computer works fine and i can go online i use wire for my computer and try the same wire to my laptop but not working i tries another cable throught the internet doesn't work on my laptop router but still nothing please help nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I'm not a tech person so bear with me.
The LAN connection worked fine fine up till a few weeks ago but now I can use the internet through wireless connection only.I tried turn off the wireless connection & connect the modem to my laptop using the LAN cable...didn't work. I used another cable (i thought the one I used before was faulty). It still doesn't work & I can't see the LAN symbol either. Is the LAN port broken or something? what should I do?

A:LAN doesn't work on my Dell laptop

In your BIOS screens, look for 'On-board devices'. Click it open to expand the options, look for 'Integrated NIC', select that. Select the option 'enable'.
Press F11 (save and exit). That should make the LAN icon appear in your taskbar, and let you connect your pc to the router via a CAT5E cable, and the 'net.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-doesnt-work-on-my-dell-laptop.162291/
Relevancy 57.62%

On my laptop (inspiron 1521) Google does not work I do not know why but i went to the CMD on my laptop typed in Ping www.google.com and here is what i got:

Pinging www.google.com [64.34.212.70] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 64.34.212.70:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 <100% loss>

A:Google doesn't work on my laptop.

If you Google the IP, 64.34.212.70, you'll see tonnes of results where people have had viruses.

There is a file called "HOSTS" on your computer, and a virus has posted that IP there.

You need to Notepad, right-click and choose "Run as Administrator". Go to File > open and enter "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts".

It should look like the below. If there are any UNHASHED entries then remove the whole line. Then close notepad, and be sure to save. Restart your PC and Google should work.

I would run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware when you have finished and ensure you have an updated anti-virus program to ensure that there are no nasties on your computer!

Code:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/google-doesnt-work-on-my-laptop-597086.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,
I am talking about:
- ESQUIRE ECS G320 Laptop ( www.esquire.co.za )
- 224 MB RAM, VIA Nehemiah Processor 1.00 GHz, 40GB Hard Drive
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional installed on it

The problem is, the PC has been around for about 5 years now and the 'O' key doesn't work along with these keys []. But, apparently these keys {} work. (i.e. The two keys doesn't work when pressed independently but work when they are pressed while the Shift key is held down). This is what led me to believe that it may be fixed. I have already tried completely changing the operating system and cleaning the bottom of the key.

Any thoughts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-o-key-doesnt-work-on-an-esquire-laptop.819485/
Relevancy 57.62%

For some reason my brand new Acer laptop doesn't have a functioning fn key. Everything else is perfect though, as it should be coming right from the box. I can't quickly mute, change screen brightness or put my computer to sleep. This is very annoying. Do I need to install a driver even though the rest of my keyboard is functioning properly? Help!

A:Acer laptop fn key doesn't work

Sometimes the Fn keys work in weird ways that I don't expect... have you looked in the manual? Chances are there's some Acer-specific utility that lets you configure how they work (you may be able to change something in the BIOS that has the same effect, but I'd look for the utility first).

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/19511-acer-laptop-fn-key-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I'm using a Dell Latitude cpi a400xt laptop, the battery light continually flashes orange and the power bar says it's at 0%. It's never worked, just wondering why it might be. (incidentally, I do have a battery )

A:Laptop battery doesn't work

It could be that the battery is dead or that the voltage regulator in the laptop isn't working and teh battery isn't being charged.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-doesnt-work.259655/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guys,

I've got a Dell work laptop. It has McAfee Safeboot and other work related security things. I don't have many "privileges" on the machine. It connects to my work wifi network just fine (automatically) but I can't get it to connect to any wifi networks outside of work. If go to network settings and look at the wireless adapter and view available wifi networks, nothing comes up. It looks like the laptop has an alternative program that controls network adapter (Dell network adapter program) but it won't open when I double click it.

Any thoughts on where to start? What more info would you like?

-eamon

A:Connect work laptop to home wifi

Have a talk with your work IT department and see if they can check it out for you. Then I would make sure that all the drivers are updated, not through MS but through each vendors website, especially the network adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/177144-connect-work-laptop-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 57.62%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 57.19%

Help my windows 7 laptop just keeps rebooting and i cant get to safe mode or recovery what should i do ?

A:system recovery doesn't work and safe mode doesn't work and just keeps reboting

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631274/system-recovery-doesnt-work-and-safe-mode-doesnt-work-and-just-keeps-reboting/
Relevancy 57.19%

hi, I know there are many in the forum who have the same problem as mine. 

my computer was running fine last friday. I tried to start it on saturday, it says it can't startup and need to repair startup. I did run the repair but still can't startup. I tried to use system restore to earlier dates, it still can't startup. The computer has trojan virus before and I tried the anti-malware from internet to kill them. seems that it create more problem for my PC. I have some important files in the computer that I wish I have archived. 

wonder if any one can help. thx in advance.

A:can't start up computer-window7, repair doesn't work, restore doesn't work

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.
Hold on there...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493688/cant-start-up-computer-window7-repair-doesnt-work-restore-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I have an HP pavillion desktop s f with Atheros a b g n Dualband Wireless Module and D-Link router DIR- My numerous Laptops and iPhons iPads work fine but "n" Atheros doesn't router work Wifi with adapter this desktop which is further away from the router in another room about meters only shows - bars of wifi First I bought a Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router big additional D-Link antenna Ghz Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router but it didn't really help - sometimes connction shows bars I was told this antenna should help a lot Then I checked with my router settings and saw that the HP Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router uses quot g quot connection when everything else uses quot n quot I even set it to only use quot n quot but still it shows the HP using quot g quot I updated the driver Atheros for AR B but it didn't help I have quot n quot enabled in Atheros in Device manager Now I'm lost and can't think of anything else that can be a problem and or how to fix it I don't have any thick walls between the router and the HP my iPhone seems to work in this room just fine Please help THANK YOU

A:Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router

Out of curoisity, are you suffering any symptoms of lack of signal qualities (glitchy video/slow connectivity)?

And what speed does the HP Desktop show it being connected at?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/201016-atheros-wifi-adapter-doesnt-work-n-router.html
Relevancy 57.19%

So a little background history, about a year ago I plugged in my headphones and no sound was coming through so I went to the playback devices and disabled the laptop speakers in attempt that it would default the headphones and play out of them, which it did.

About a year later I finally stopped using the headphones and enabled the speakers again but for some reason sound won't play out of the laptop anymore. I don't know what caused this problem but I for some reason if I play games on my laptop no sound comes out anymore. Using Skype and watching videos anywhere else works but as soon as I launch a game there's never any audio.

I have barely any knowledge on computers and would like someone to guide me through and help me fix this! Thank you in advance.

A:HP EliteBook 8470p laptop, need help, doesn't work

Hi welcome to sever forum

i would start by reinstalling the sound driver from hp support site for your model HP Support, Drivers, Contact and Help Forums | HP? Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/358455-hp-elitebook-8470p-laptop-need-help-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey..
I was playing COD4 and my computer freezed again. so I turn off my computer and turned it on but now my monitor wouldn't work. I heard welcome to windows sound but thats all.
Monitor is just black and I cant get other monitor to work also.
Is my video card broken?

My ~3 years old coputer is: Ordi Enduro 7590BF
Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2,2GHz
nVidia GeForce 8600M GT 512MB
2048MB DDR2 667MHz

A:Laptop monitor doesn't work after overheating

So you have tried plugging it into an external monitor and you still don't get any picture? That would indicate a fault with the graphics card itself.

Try shining a torch at the screen when it is booting up etc. and see if you can see a feint image, if you can, it might just be the backlight / inverter that has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-monitor-doesnt-work-after-overheating.949079/
Relevancy 57.19%

Merry Christmas Team.

My little brother came home from work one night and now is screen doesn't work at all. no flickering, backlight etc. I connected it top the TV via HDMI and even that didn't show up anything.

How high are the chances that his graphics card has died?

Cheers
Gameover.

A:Laptop Screen doesn't work, No Backlight

There aren't really graphics cards in laptops, they are built in to the motherboard. So, if it isn't displaying anything even when on the bios or start screen, it may be the motherboard that is bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/203158-laptop-screen-doesnt-work-no-backlight.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have tried many headphones in my laptop.But none of them suits.Either the sound is unclear or there is no sound.This only happens to the headphones which have receiver button.I've tried normal headphones without receiver button,but they work just fine.
My sound drivers are-
Sound Card
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Playback Device
Speakers / HP (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
Recording Devices
Internal Microphone Array (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC) (default)
Stereo Mix (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
So,where is the problem?In the drivers?Or is it a hardware problem?

A:Why my phone headphones doesn't work in my laptop?

Some phone headphone jacks are not compatible with laptop's connectors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/378869-why-my-phone-headphones-doesnt-work-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I made a thread about work anymore? Laptop suddenly doesn't my issue on Laptop suddenly doesn't work anymore? another forum topic and I was redirected here My Problem http www techsupportforum com foru ml post So I did every step that I needed to do - here are the results Attach zip contains Attach txt and ARK txt Btw thanks alot for helping me D My DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFS x NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by yasemin at on - - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users yasemin Documents Contacts Downloads gmer gmer exe C Windows system conime exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank mStart Page about blank uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant Google mCustomizeSearch Google BHO Search Helper EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO ShowBarObj Class A F B - A - AA - D - B B E - c program files acer empowering technology edatasecurity x ActiveToolBand dll BHO Windows Live Aanmelden - Help D - C - ABF- ECC- C - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Norton Identity Protection AB C -A EC- f-B FE- B B A F - c program files norton identity safe engine CoIEPlg dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO HP Smart BHO Class FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp BHO dll TB Norton Identity Safe Toolbar A C - D - BF -BC D- C - c program files norton identity safe engine CoIEPlg dll TB Acer eDataSecurity Management CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - c program files acer empowering technology edatasecurity x eDStoolbar dll TB Norton Identity Safe Toolbar A C - D - bf -BC D- C - c program files norton identity safe engine CoIEPlg dll uRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exe uRun CCleaner Monitoring quot c program files ccleaner CCleaner exe quot MONITOR uRun ehTray exe c windows ehome ehTray exe uRunOnce Report c adwcleaner AdwCleaner S txt mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun PLFSetI c windows PLFSetI exe mRun Microsoft Default Manager quot c program files microsoft search enhancement pack default manager DefMgr exe quot -resume mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun IAAnotif c program files intel intel matrix storage manager iaanotif exe mRun ePower DMC c program files acer empowering technology epower ePower DMC exe mRun eAudio quot c program files acer empowering technology eaudio eAudio exe quot uPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword IE Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - c windows system GPhotos scr IE Free YouTube to MP Converter - c users yasemin appdata roaming dvdvideosoftiehelpers freeyoutubetomp converter htm IE C - F F- d -B C- C DFE - c program files acer acer bio protection PwdBank exe IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dll IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c program files microsoft offic... Read more

A:Laptop suddenly doesn't work anymore?

iyasuu,

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your logs. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

Please Read! "Who is Helping you?"

You may wish to Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools (near the top), then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/laptop-suddenly-doesnt-work-anymore-939258.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Its been like this for 3 days, my enter, ctrl, up, left, right keys doesn't work. I tried them with on screen keyboard and there it worked. I am having a hard time without these keys and i replaced this keyboard like 7 months ago. Can someone help me with this
Sometimes they do work but they only work one time and than they act weird (like my mouse clicking when i hover on something) backspace working by itself when i try to write something

A:Some keys in my laptop keyboard doesn't work

Ninetails mate try running these for starters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html< if necessary include the /f switch in the command line as per Option2

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

ADW download frombleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339967-some-keys-my-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 57.19%

All sound on my WIndows 10 computer stopped working except Google Chrome for some reason. It might be due to updating my audio drivers but I don't know how to fix it.
Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 @ 2.40GHz - 2GB of DDR2 RAM - Integrated Graphics
My audio listing in device manager is IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Any help will be greatly appreciated

A:All sound on my laptop doesn't work except Chrome

Sorry -- but this is a Windows 8 forum and you're posting a Windows 10 question. You would do better posting this to our sister Windows 10 forums: Windows 10 Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/70406-all-sound-my-laptop-doesnt-work-except-chrome.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all, Currently i am using laptop HP Probook 450 G3-X4K55PA, i need to use Ubuntu for my work, so i installed Ubuntu 16.04. My laptop doesn't work well with this OS, when i plug a monitor via HDMI port, my laptop hangs, it can't work anymore, so i must turn off the power.When i put my laptop in sleep mode, it can't come back, it is hanged, i must turn off power to take it back. I tried to install different Ubuntu version many times, but it still has the issues. I install WIndows on my laptop, it works well. Please help to solve the issues with Ubuntu. Regards,Han.   

A:My laptop doesn't work properly with Ubuntu

Hello, Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for your post. I am afraid this PC officially supports Windows OS only and Linux-based like Ubuntu are not officially supported.Therefore, you may experience certain issues while with Ubuntu due to the lack of proper drivers loaded there (in the Kernel). Ubuntu 16.04 uses Kernel 4. You may try older Ubuntu versions such as with kernel 3.13/3.16/3.19 - Ubuntu 14 LTSYou can also try to post at the Ubuntu forums where Linux/Ubuntu gurus may be able to provide you with specific advice about the problem >> https://askubuntu.com/>> https://ubuntuforums.org/  An alternative option would be to install Windows as a main (host) operating system but run Linux Ubuntu as a virtual one from inside Windows using free software like Oracle VirtualBox >> https://www.virtualbox.org/>> https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Screenshots

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-laptop-doesn-t-work-properly-with-Ubuntu/td-p/5826597
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,
I just bought an external screen to plug on my laptop Inspiron 9400.
This new screen works but the one included with my laptop doesn't work anymore. It is still possible to change the luminosity with Fn+top or fn+bottom but nothing display even during the boot. Fn+F8 (CRT/LCD) just stop and start the external screen. I can't boot or use the special Windows mode because I don't see any information on the laptop screen.
Can you help me please?
Thank you!

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there I ordered a refurbished reconditioned Packard Bell EasyNote TJ refurbished laptop from a a actually doesn't Ordered laptop :) - work online very well known retailer in the UK called Currys I received it two days ago Initally the laptop stayed on for all of about seconds before shutting down however I have solved that problem by Googling the text and looking here http www nocrash com ncbbs msgs shtml It was basically trying Ordered a laptop online - doesn't actually work :) to boot from something other than the HDD itself so I Ordered a laptop online - doesn't actually work :) set the HDD to the top of the Ordered a laptop online - doesn't actually work :) list in the BIOS Then the next problem I got was this I get the quot Windows is Starting quot screen and then a setup services starting message and then this quot Windows could not finish configuring the system To attempt to resume configuration restart the computer quot I restart the computer and nothing happens No Windows installation recovery disk came with the laptop So I set the laptop to boot from CD in the BIOS and I have tried using my Dad s Windows disk for his Dell computer and got to some sort of repair screen but I then got the message quot The version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of Windows you are trying to repair Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of Windows quot I m assuming I m trying to use a -bit disc for a -bit system I didn t get any sort of Packard Bell Windows or recovery disc with the laptop I rang Currys and asked them to send me one but they said only Packard Bell are allowed to give them to me Packard Bell s phone lines are closed So using the Windows Dell disc I have is out of the question for now I assume Although it should have all the things needed for Windows on it right I have a unique serial code with this computer to use for it anyway EDIT Was able to find a -bit edition disc online and run startup repair using it apparently no problems were found and I got a message about ensuring I didn t have any cameras etc attached er Someone online recommended I disable digital driver signing so I did that by pressing F at one point when it was booting it doesn t seem to have made any difference Currys have told me they can do nothing but send a courier to my house to pick up the laptop I don t get a replacement simply a refund I needed this laptop for Monday as I start university I ve set it back to boot from HDD and I m getting the quot Windows could not finish configuring the system quot message again I have absolutely no idea what was is installed on the laptop to cause this to happen and the man instore said this was just one of the faulty laptops to slip through the net Rubbish someone in their refurb department just seems to have been very lazy Does anyone know anyway at all that I could fix this Your help would be GREATLY appreciated thanks

A:Ordered a laptop online - doesn't actually work :)

I had a similar problem on a Vista computer before. It was caused by a bad update for me. I had to reinstall to fix the problem. I dont believe there is a fix for this problem. Not that I coud find anyway.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349427/ordered-a-laptop-online-doesnt-actually-work/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all,

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and while recently doing some computer maintenance to get rid of some malware, I most likely screwed up my computer. At the Windows 7 user login screen, my mouse and keyboard are non-responsive. I don't think this is a problem with the actual hardware because I can access the boot menu with F12 when I boot it up. Appreciate any help.

A:Keyboard/Mouse doesn't work on my laptop

Do you have access to your windows installation cd?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357492/keyboardmouse-doesnt-work-on-my-laptop/
Relevancy 57.19%

On my Toshiba Satellite L635 laptop, the touchpad is not working anymore.
The usual function key (Fn+F9) to activate/deactivate the touchpad doesn't change anything as well as the small button in front of the touchpad.
I checked the driver in the device manager and the touchpad driver in located in the hidden devices with the following error:

"This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)."

I checked in the BIOS and the touchpad is activated
I tried to deinstall the driver and reinstall it from toshiba website with no sucess
Thanks in advance for any help

Relevancy 57.19%

Ok, so the laptop cd drive looks like it's reading a cd, but then it doesn't. Used a Win 98 boot disk to see if that would work, and when I change to the cd drive, it says unable to read. Is there any way that I can possibly fix my CD drive, or somehow get an operating system, even if it's not windows, into my laptop so I can maybe fix the problem from there? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

A:Laptop CD Drive doesn't work, need help getting an OS installed...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cd-drive-doesnt-work-need-help-getting-an-os-installed.431504/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi i would like some help my laptop screen stops working when login to windows when in normal boot 64x Laptop in work vista screen doesn't mode So when i boot in safe mode it does work also i don't know when it stop working in vista since i normally always work with my tv you see and rarely switch back to my laptop screen so what i have tried so far reinstalled the VGA drivers fn f checked with search amp destroy ad-aware and comodo Laptop screen doesn't work in vista 64x virus scanner updated everything let windows repair it-self did a system restore to a earlier date but the only one i had was from days before i noticed the problem so not very useful cleaned out my start up programs also did a Cclean of my browsers and reg also uninstalled some programs i didn't use or didn't know why they were on it anyway specs intel core duo t intel m chip gb ram vista x ultimate if you want more specs ask so can some help me out please i have ran out off idea's what to do about it

A:Laptop screen doesn't work in vista 64x

Model Number Please?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/270168-laptop-screen-doesnt-work-vista-64x.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Can somebody please help me? This is driving me nuts. 

For about a week maybe more, I cannot get the laptop screen to scroll when I use my touchpad.

I have Windows 8, 32bit operating system. I use Google Chrome browser, and my computer had/has Synaptics Device Driver on it. I went into the control panel Mouse section and I get this pop up message (attached). I am not sure if I can uninstall this because I don't know if my mouse won't work at all? I tried installing the driver again, but I don't know if that did anything?

I don't really know anything about this and would be grateful if somebody would help.

A:Laptop Touchpad Scroll Doesn't Work

Do you have an external mouse that you can connect?
The operating system should recognize it and allow you to do the necessary repairs for the touchpad
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541510/laptop-touchpad-scroll-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I have a Toshiba Tecra M laptop without a functioning screen The original screen died over the course of a couple of days I believe it Still Doesn't Work Screen Laptop Replaced, was the backlight The screen would go very dark but I could still see images on the screen very faintly I would press the toggle switch that syncs with an external monitor a couple of times and eventually the screen would come on again This went on for a couple of days until finally I could see the screen trying to come on partially lighting one corner but unable to turn on I connected my laptop to an external monitor and was able to get by with that while I waited for my replacement to come I ordered a quot screen caddy quot from eBay the same model as my laptop sold as-is for parts Among the working parts on it were the screen and the fingerpad mouse which I also needed The quot screen caddy quot is unable to boot but it starts the process enough so that you can see the screen does work properly The trouble is that when I put the screen Laptop Screen Replaced, Still Doesn't Work into my own computer Laptop Screen Replaced, Still Doesn't Work I don t get any image at all The symptoms are different from my original problem I m not able to see images on the screen even faintly I can see that the backlight does come on I ve checked the connections and cannot find a problem I m out of ideas for what to try Any suggestions would be most appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Laptop Screen Replaced, Still Doesn't Work

The backlight is usually all or nothing. Did you change the Inverter as well as the screen ?

Please explain what a 'screen caddy' is and exactly which parts you have exchanged.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-replaced-still-doesnt-work.1075692/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a similar problem and could laptop wirelessly doesn't Solved: work really do with some help We have recently switched routers and Solved: laptop doesn't work wirelessly now my laptop doesn t work wirelessly it connects to the router but there isn t an internet connection The laptop works fine when the LAN cable is plugged in though Our other laptop can connect to the internet with or without the LAN cable Both are Toshibas running on Windows Vista I have tried various approaches such as downloading the latest Atheros AR EG drivers but it said that they re already the most up to date I have also tried changing the router settings but no luck Many thanks in advance Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jack-laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List dlink com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix dlink com Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -D - E- - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bc ea d f a f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B- -B - - E- -C -EF- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix dlink com Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- -C -EF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a d de fc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B- -B - - E- -C -EF- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap dlink com Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi so I have an Acer Aspire LMi and for as long as I ve had it it has been susceptible to overheating easily and crashing Normally this is resolved by manually cutting the power and everything is fine and dandy Now my sister was on the laptop and shut Laptop turn will on/screen doesn't work not it down normally and the next time I came to turn it Laptop will not turn on/screen doesn't work on the green light on the power button came on and I could hear some fans whirring inside and the CD drive was spinning basically everything one would expect for a normal boot up except there was nothing on the screen No faint images and the same happened when I attached a monitor and attempted to switch between screens I have tried many solution so far such as opening up the laptop to see if the screen has come loose and checking RAM processor etc Laptop will not turn on/screen doesn't work however everything seems to be fine and all connected Was hoping for any possible ideas as to how to resolve my problem or whether it is more likely to be a component failure due to the overheating mentioned Sorry for the long windedness I am just trying to be as specific as possible to save answering all the basic questions over and over Thanks for any help Matt nbsp

A:Laptop will not turn on/screen doesn't work

If you see normal views on the external screen, you likely have burned out your LCD Screen inverter. You should be able to find replacements online, but you need experience installing inverters. There are about 18 screws to remove since you must disassemble the top half of the case, and remove the screen to access the inverter socket which is at the bottom of the screen. Usually you can get an inverter for $15, but there are almost no two alike so be sure you have the correct one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-will-not-turn-on-screen-doesnt-work.105308/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have Lenovo G50-80 (80E5) Laptop with Intel® Core? i3-5005U Processor (2.00 GHz) Processer,My laptop Have 4 GB Ram and 1 TB Hard disk (Windows 7 32bit OS).My Laptop touchpad work fine when used on the bettery, but when i plugged in charger touchpad was not working properly and mouse working perfect, when i unplug my charger mouse and touchpad work proprely. I trid to reinstall touchpad driver many time from Lenovo and synptics website but problem was not solvedi have no other power supply to try.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-80-Laptop-touchpad-doesn-t-work-properly-while-charging/td-p/3395981
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a new HP Stream laptop running Win8.1 and IE11. My sound works great on You Tube but I don't get any sound from Listen Live streaming radio stations on IE. Is there some setting I need to change? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Why doesn't Streaming Radio work on my laptop.

Keep watching for ideas but in the meantime give us a link to one that has no sound. It might tell us something.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/why-doesnt-streaming-radio-work-on-my-laptop/1771.html
Relevancy 57.19%

hi guys i was just wondering if anyone could help me, i got my laptop about 4 months ago and the disk drive worked fine, just recently i put a dvd to watch and it just didn't work. i'm not the best with computers so simple steps will be appreciated thanks

Relevancy 57.19%

Here's the deal. Last time I used my laptop (Asus Aspire) it didn't respond so I just closed it and didn't turn it off correctly.

When I turn it on now it logs on but neither my keyboard or mousepad works. Doesn't work with an external keyboard or mouse either.

Anyone knows what to do?

A:Keyboard and mousepad doesn't work on my laptop

Off course I mean ACER Aspire.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-and-mousepad-doesnt-work-on-my-laptop-310538.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I just replaced the hard drive in my dad's Dell Inspiron N5050. I put the laptop back together, and now the touchpad doesn't work. I tried plugging the cable in multiple ways, but I can't get it to work. I've attached photos. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I am experiencing a problem since i upgraded to windows 10 my laptop  My wifi dont works for example: I am opening my laptop and my wifi works well but then when i physically move my laptop it dosent work, i saw this problem happening to other people and they fixed it but i dont know how to fix it i tried everything what i saw in youtube and google and more please help me!! -AliB2   

A:My wifi dosen't work when i physically move my laptop

@AliB2? System:HP ENVY 15-u010dx x360 Convertible PC (ENERGY STAR) If you have not done so yet, check and install your HP drivers for Windows 10. If your setup allows it, you can try increasing the wireless signal strength. Settings to Improve Wireless ConnectivitySee Section(s) titled:  Wifi Power ManagementNotebook wireless balks or won?t stay connected when running on battery When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-wifi-dosen-t-work-when-i-physically-move-my-laptop/td-p/5810947
Relevancy 56.76%

So I wanted to restore my PC by down grading from win8 to win7 ( I've done that many times )
but I never use the same .iso file, and this time, when I download the proper file to get my wifi working ( I'm using an asus k55a ) it unfortunately doesn't work.

It says "The installation XML file is either missing or corrupted. The setup application will exit! "
I've searched and I couldn't find any help to get this problem gone so I decided to go back to window 8, but I'm not able to boot from any .iso file, neither in window7
For some reasons I can only boot from DVD/CD but when I get to boot nothing happen ...

So I'm a bit stuck here, if someone could give me any advice that would be much appreciated,

regards, william.

A:Can't get wifi driver to work on Asus K55A laptop

You dloaded the driver directly from Asus and it still says it`s corrupted ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/358346-cant-get-wifi-driver-work-asus-k55a-laptop.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. When I am at work the wifi connection works perfectly fine. However when I go home the wifi is extremely spotty. It will work and then randomly I will have trouble opening a webpage or checking my email. It will say my network connection is unavailable. The strange thing is my wife's wifi on her laptop will work perfectly fine even when mine is not. Is there a setting on my laptop that is getting messed up as I move between networks? Thanks for the help.

A:Wifi is fine at work but spotty at home on just my laptop

it maybe the signal strength
lets have a look at the signal at home
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-is-fine-at-work-but-spotty-at-home-on-just-my-laptop.1158206/