Windows Support Forum

windowsXP, how to change language from chinese to english

Q: windowsXP, how to change language from chinese to english

Hi,
I frequent visits to cybercafes and they are using windowsXP as the operating system and the language used is chinese. How do I change the language from chinese to english.
Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: windowsXP, how to change language from chinese to english

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: windowsXP, how to change language from chinese to english

Go to Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Change the Language.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windowsxp-how-to-change-language-from-chinese-to-english.931373/
Relevancy 85.56%

Recently I bought a Dell notebook in China. Windows 10 (version 1511) was pre-installed in it. System language is Chinese. Before buying, I thought, I would be able to change the system language easily from Chinese to English by installing the language
pack. But, unfortunately it did not work. I don't know the Chinese language. How can I solve the problem?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e07f2556-685d-4811-803e-79d6122bb110/need-to-change-the-system-language-from-chinese-to-english?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi all I have searched all over the net for a solution and can t find one First a description of the problem The Language Bar is showing up fine I can use Chinese and alternative English keyboard layouts without any problems However I can t use Japanese at all It is not even shown as an option when I click the button to change languages Furthermore keyboard shortcuts don t work I got it to show the Japanese option when I quot restored quot the Language Bar right clicked it and turned it vertical but after turning it back to horizontal the option disappeared Desperate to get it back I turned it back to vertical It s no longer there either way I heard that a Windows Vista Update removed some guy s Japanese language support completely He fixed it with System Restore But I Bar Shows English, not Japanese and Chinese Language But m using Windows XP Pro and Language Bar Shows Chinese and English, But not Japanese there s so many updates I don t Language Bar Shows Chinese and English, But not Japanese know when to restore to and I don t want to restore Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/language-bar-shows-chinese-and-english-but-not-japanese.688035/
Relevancy 95.03%

hello all,, recently i installed windows 7 on my system,,but i want to install a chinese progam on my windows 7,,when the installation menu pop up..it shows all scrambed character,,,i couldn't figure out which button to click to install..

any idea how i can fix this,, a language pack or patch i can install to fix this or some sort?? any help would be great, i need this chinese program installed....thx a lot!!

A:other language(chinese traditional big5) install on english windows 7

It depends on what version of Windows you are using.. Language packs can only be used on Windows Ultimate, or Windows Enterprise versions....

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/100589-other-language-chinese-traditional-big5-install-english-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 92.02%

On the last night of Win Pro being available at I got a question about changing the operating system language of a computer fitted with Chinese Win PRC to English Unfortunately I had done my own last-minute purchase and download of Win in English here in China and had gone to bed you Chinese change PRC Can to Win 8 English? I'm so sorry about this because I got a lot of help at this Can you change Chinese Win 8 PRC to English? forum on the same night My computers were bought mostly Can you change Chinese Win 8 PRC to English? outside of China The reason was that it's quite difficult to turn Win PRC or Win PRC pre-installed on a locally bought PC to English In China most new PC's are sold with the basic version not the Professional or Ultimate versions of Windows pre-installed This means you have a big problem You can't change the O S language to English Windows PRC can be superficially set to English But Chinese will pop up at every corner when using the machine The quot core quot O S language remains Chinese quot English-speaking quot PC's with Can you change Chinese Win 8 PRC to English? Windows as O S cost about less in Hong Kong than in the PRC for the same computer model A second-class overnight return train ticket between Shanghai and Hong Kong costs around An English Windows DVD in a box might cost you around in China Through shops in the Computer quot Markets quot Plaza's Bazaars you can buy a genuine English Win OEM version for around - The best thing is to travel to Hong Kong to buy your new computer or -- for much the same money -- get someone to install a Win or Win OEM English version of the O S in China itself When I last inquired Win OEM on disks was not available yet The question remains what happens when you buy and start to download an English version of Win on a new machine fitted with Win PRC inside China or elsewhere If this is possible it would be one more way apart from going to Hong Kong or going to your local Chinese quot Market quot for an OEM disk to pay a premium of Another mystery question is whether the Product Key of your Win PRC will activate an English version of the O S if you could somehow get hold of that I'm curious what would happen if you applied you Win PRC product key to a cracked English version of Win something that will certainly be tried here in China Who knows the answers to these questions

A:Can you change Chinese Win 8 PRC to English?

Have you looked at language registry edits?
Last I heard, they were pretty effective.
Otherwise, I can't help you much, sorry.
Hope I helped anyhow .

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/19601-can-you-change-chinese-win-8-prc-english.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I have Windows XP professional service pack three, but i can`t understand the
instructions inside because the language of the installer is not English, i don`t know what language is it..

Please tell me what to do.
How can i change the language of the installer ?

A:how to change the language of operating system to English language

you can get english version of service pk3 here Windows XP Service Pack 3 Download - Softpedia

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-change-the-language-of-operating-system-to-english-language-630794.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi Guys. Im new here, and to computers. so here's m problem. I bought a computer in the news paper, but i he forgot to tell me that it was in chinese. He promised to help me but I think its nice if i could find out what and how to fix it. I just want to be pointed to the right direction.so that a the main problem. can anyone help me guys. thanks in advance I know you wont let me down.

A:Windos are in chinese,I want to change it to english

Hello and Welcome to TSF

You can try changing windows default language

The Regional options will change language but will not change the XP's fundamental menus, windows, start menu. You may have to buy the English version of Windows XP if you want it all in English, Windows itself is not multi-lingual, it comes in specific language versions. Did you recieve any cds when purchasing this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windos-are-in-chinese-i-want-to-change-it-to-english-147455.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello guys! I'm new to this forum, so if I make a mistake, please tell me. So here's the question, I had just installed Windows 7, but it's the Chinese version so I can't read a thing! Does anyone know how to change it to english with out reinstalling?

A:How do I change my Chinese Windows 7 to english?

Quote: Originally Posted by MaxBao

Hello guys! I'm new to this forum, so if I make a mistake, please tell me. So here's the question, I had just installed Windows 7, but it's the Chinese version so I can't read a thing! Does anyone know how to change it to english with out reinstalling?

Hi and welcome

what version do you have (ultimate, pro, etc)

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/54125-how-do-i-change-my-chinese-windows-7-english.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I have a chance to get a computor but i need to know how to change it to english

A:how to change a chinese computor to english

Hallo somungus, welcome to TSF
assuming that you have chinese language installed in your windows 7 go to control panel click on "region and language" and then click on "change display language" .Now install english language from windows update or browse computer or network for it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-change-a-chinese-computor-to-english-474955.html
Relevancy 91.16%

dear sir

i m using windows vista with my desktop. how can i change my chineese version to english?

Thankx and regards
Venkat.

A:change chinese version to english

Hi. . .

Welcome.

Try this -

START | type intl.cpl into the start search box & hit enter.

Look at the different tabs up top and see if you can change the language.

Good Luck to you.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/change-chinese-version-to-english-306953.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I have a Thinkpad 21P with window98 chinese installed.  I have 2 recovery Cds coming with the computer purchurse, one  for window 98 English, one for window 98 chinese.  Can I use the the recovery CD for English to change the OS from Chinese to English?   If not, can I just use another window 98 (English) system Cd (not come with the laptop purchurse) to do another installation to overwrite the old one?  Is Thinkpad 21P big enough for a XP pro installation? thanks

A:change window98 from Chinese to English on Thinkpa...

Welcome to the forum! If you format the drive and install Win 98SE English, it will be just fine. As for XP, even with RAM maxed out at 512MB, A21p is a little sluggish, my suggestion would be Windows 2000. Hope this helps. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/change-window98-from-Chinese-to-English-on-ThinkpadA21P/td-p/49432
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi folks,

Win XP 32 bit (English version)

Can I change the captioned OS displaying Chinese on tool bars, icons etc.

Having played around on "Regional and Language Options" without result. I found I can't "tick" "Apply all settings to the current user account and to the default user profile" permanently. After -> Apply -> OK -> reboot, it unticked this item.
IIRC it is possible. I did it about 9 years ago when WinXP was first released. Any advice? TIA
B.R.
satimis

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-english-winxp-displaying-chinese-on-tool-bar-icons-etc.923323/
Relevancy 86%

Hello my friend

I bought a new laptop here in japan
But Cant change my language to english
Also cant download language pack

Pls need help,,

A:Cant change language to english

..................Also cant download language pack ....................
Left click at Start button > Settings > Time & Language > left side, click Region & Language > right side, under Languages, click the + sign > scroll and find English > click it > select which English you want English (United Staes), English (United Kingdom), English (Canada) etc > click the selection >
You are now back on Time and language screen > click the English version you selected > click Option > language pack will be offered to you > install it.
When done, you will be back to Time & Language screen > right click the English > click Set as default.
You will have to restart the computer to initiate the switch from Japanese to English as display language.
You will find some items still carry Japanese language, but majority will be in English.

Hope this helps.
I used the same method to switch from English to Chinese as display language.
Adding/editing......................

The followings are screenshots to illustrate the change of English as display language to Chinese as display language.

English :

Chinese :

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/43090-cant-change-language-english.html
Relevancy 86%

Hello my friend

I bought a new laptop here in japan
But Cant change my language to english
Also cant download language pack

Pls need help,,

A:Cant change language to english

..................Also cant download language pack ....................
Left click at Start button > Settings > Time & Language > left side, click Region & Language > right side, under Languages, click the + sign > scroll and find English > click it > select which English you want English (United Staes), English (United Kingdom), English (Canada) etc > click the selection >
You are now back on Time and language screen > click the English version you selected > click Option > language pack will be offered to you > install it.
When done, you will be back to Time & Language screen > right click the English > click Set as default.
You will have to restart the computer to initiate the switch from Japanese to English as display language.
You will find some items still carry Japanese language, but majority will be in English.

Hope this helps.
I used the same method to switch from English to Chinese as display language.
Adding/editing......................

The followings are screenshots to illustrate the change of English as display language to Chinese as display language.

English :

Chinese :

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/43090-cant-change-language-english.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi,

I am using windowsXP and my laptop is IBM R50e.

I wish to change the settings in Control-Panel/Regional & Languages/Advanced/chinese PRC, but after selecting this option and pressing ok, the system prompt me to reboot, and after rebooting, it would ask me to choose "start windows Normally" or "Last known good configuration" etc.. etc. When I choose start windows normally, the system will reboot and ask me the same question again. However if I choose "Last known good configuration" then the system will bring me to windows, however if I choose this option being "Last known good configuration", then I doubt the new settings will take effect.

What must I do so that I can successfully change the settings to Control-Panel/Regional & Languages/Advanced/chinese PRC.

Thanks

A:Solved: windowsXP-cant change settings to Control-Panel/Regional & Languages/Advanced/chinese

If you have a Full Operating System on CD then you can try this:

1. Configure the computer to start from the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. For information about how to do this, see your computer documentation, or contact your computer manufacturer.
2. Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart your computer.
3. When you receive the "Press any key to boot from CD" message, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM.
4. When you receive the "Welcome to Setup" message, press R to start the Recovery Console.
5. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you have to use from the Recovery Console.
6. When you are prompted, type the administrator password, and then press ENTER (if none was set, leave it blank and press ENTER).
7. At the command prompt, type bootcfg /list, and then press ENTER. The entries in your current Boot.ini file appear on the screen.
8. At the command prompt, type bootcfg /rebuild, and then press ENTER. This command scans the hard disks of the computer for Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 2000, or Microsoft Windows NT installations, and then displays the results. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to add the Windows installations to the Boot.ini file. For example, follow these steps to add a Windows XP installation to the Boot.ini file:

a. When you receive a message that is similar to the following message:
Total Identified Windows Installs: 1
[1] C:\Windows
Add installation to boot list? (Yes/No/All)
Press Y hit ENTER.

b. When, you receive a message that is similar to the following message:
Enter Load Identifier
This is the name of the operating system. Type the name of your operating system, and then press ENTER. The name is either Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition.

c. When you receive a message that is similar to the following:
Enter OS Load options
Type /fastdetect, and then press ENTER.

Take the CD out of the drive.

Type exit then press ENTER.

Note: The instructions that appear on your screen may be different, depending on the configuration of your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windowsxp-cant-change-settings-to-control-panel-regional-languages-advanced-chinese.673785/
Relevancy 85.14%

Does anyone know if this is possible? To be clear I am not talking about display language or input language as there are many posts about this.

Currently my settings are as I want them:

Display language : English
Input language : English (United States) - French
Format : English (United Kingdom)

I did a clean install from USB (upgrade from OEM Win 7 Ultimate). My language was reset to French - probably as the original Win 7 machine was bought in France. I have changed the input/display to English but whenever I install software (today GoogleDrive, Dropbox, Lenovo drivers) the language picked up is the system language.

Is it possible to change this?

A:Change SYSTEM Language to English

Originally Posted by adamf

does anyone know if this is possible? To be clear i am not talking about display language or input language as there are many posts about this.

Currently my settings are as i want them:

Display language : English
input language : English (united states) - french
format : English (united kingdom)

edit

location : France you might want to change this. See picture below.

stop edit

i did a clean install from usb (upgrade from oem win 7 ultimate). My language was reset to french - probably as the original win 7 machine was bought in france. I have changed the input/display to english but whenever i install software (today googledrive, dropbox, lenovo drivers) the language picked up is the system language.

Is it possible to change this?

see picture below:

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/16520-change-system-language-english.html
Relevancy 85.14%

after resetting my pc, text were all written in arabic, pls i want to change it back to english language

A:how to change from arabic to english language in my hp pro 3...

Watch the following video on changing the display language in Windows 8.  Pay particular attention to the icons. The icons are the one thing that does not change , regardless of the display language installed. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/how-to-change-from-arabic-to-english-language-in-my-hp-pro/td-p/5575917
Relevancy 85.14%

After my administrator account had corrupted (but I created a new one), my windows changed its menu and other program languages (such as "Start" it displayed in Thai). I tried the regional settings but it also didn't work. Does any one ancountered the same problem? How can I fix this? What do I need to doenload? I nedd to change it back to English.
Thank you

A:language change help (Thai to English, please)

In Internet Explorer go to Tools/Internet Options and click on the Language tab then click on the Add tab and select English.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/language-change-help-thai-to-english-please.215512/
Relevancy 85.14%

How to change the laguage for Win XP to English? I have a Chinese XP at the moment but really need the English XP. I have attempted to change the language in control panel but only Chinese language is available.
I have Winxp CD but when installing it, it said that the language being used uncompatible with the language already installed and the option to upgrade this language is unavailable.
Does anyone know how to get English-language WinXP in this situation?

A:Change language for WinXP to English

Dat said:

How to change the laguage for Win XP to English? I have a Chinese XP at the moment but really need the English XP. I have attempted to change the language in control panel but only Chinese language is available.
I have Winxp CD but when installing it, it said that the language being used uncompatible with the language already installed and the option to upgrade this language is unavailable.
Does anyone know how to get English-language WinXP in this situation?Click to expand...
Maybe try this?

start/control panel/regional and language options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-language-for-winxp-to-english.412872/
Relevancy 85.14%

how do i change thedefault pc language from polish to english without having to reformat pc ? is there anywhere i can go to change it? help me

A:change pc language from polish to english ?help

You can change the language settings in the Regional and Languages Options (
Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options in category view) applet in the Control Panel.

Do you have the multilingual version of Windows installed, or the english version using a different input language?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-pc-language-from-polish-to-english-help-115151.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi,

I've Googled this problem but am getting conflicting views on how to solve this problem. I bought a laptop in Paraguay, with Windows 7 Pro pre-installed. I thought this would be handy and it was cheap as chips so bought it. Little did I know changing the language from Spanish to English would be such a chore. Is there a simple trick I'm missing?

I can get by but it would be so much easier to have it all in English. For instance, I just tried to put my camera's SD card in to the slot and it came up with an error message that I couldn't even read!

I don't have the Windows 7 installation disks...

Thanks in advance.

A:Need to change language from Spanish to English

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Your easiest way round your problem would be a Windows Anytime Upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 7 Ultimate, which would give you access to 34 language packs via Windows Updates.

http://emea.microsoftstore.com/UK/en...nytime-Upgrade

Obviously, you'll need to choose your region before you make your purchase, but all it involves is buying a new product key, which is then e-mailed to you.

Then it's Start>All Programs>Windows Anytime Upgrade and follow the instructions to enter your new product key.

Wait half-an-hour or so and it's job done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/192550-need-change-language-spanish-english.html
Relevancy 85.14%

hello, so my primary language is spanish and I use google.com , it always shows everything I search in spanish but a couple days ago google changed to english results. I then checked and found out that deleting the browsing history makes google change back to spanish but today it changed to English again.

I dont have any google account logged in, I would like to know why it keeps changing? my location is in the U.S but this only happens in my laptop, in my dektop it stays in spanish no matter what, please help, thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578843/google-change-language-to-english/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi,

A friend of mine has Windows XP SP2. But its in arabic. Is there anyway to convert it into English. We tried going to Control Panel and Language Options but no English was available there.

Is reintsalling XP the only option? Thanx in advance

Relevancy 85.14%

Hi I have just brought a new acer laptop . it runs on vista home premium. I realy need to change the language to English any ideas..... I have set the country and every thing up in english but every thing else remains in spanish...

A:change language from spanish to english

Hi,

Welcome To TSF.

Have you changed the language and region in control panel?

Jay.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/change-language-from-spanish-to-english-172606.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have tried to do this via the controlpanel but this does not resolve it.

Please can anyone help me?

Thank you,

dvtrv

A:Unable to change language from Spanish to English

Hello dvtrv,

The ability to change the display language is not available in Vista Home Premium. You will only be able to do so in the Vista Ultimate and Enterprise editions.

Display Language

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286503-unable-change-language-spanish-english.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I am running an HP desktop computer with Windows 10. How can I change the default language from Spanish to English? I have gone to the Language/keyboards window and changed to English predetermined. But the computer starts searching for the language pack. Then, I get a message that "Only one language pack allowed," and nothing happens! 

A:How can I change the default language (Spanish) to English o...

Hi @Valhjim,I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with how to change the default language. I will be glad to help you. Please look at windows-10-tutorials-113-how-to-change-display-language. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-can-I-change-the-default-language-Spanish-to-English-on/td-p/5692412
Relevancy 84.28%

The laptop came with an european version of win 7 premium, and unfortunately there was no option for choosing language during first startup.

Is there a legitimate way to change language to english?

A:Is there a legitimate way to change language to English on win 7 home?

hi and welcome to the forums have a read of this link while i do some research for you have not come across this prob before myself
Add a Language Pack Online

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...60(WS.10).aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/125206-there-legitimate-way-change-language-english-win-7-home.html
Relevancy 84.28%

hi,

i installed some language pack for chinese

now it defaults to chinese language whenever I installed an app like kmplayer etc..

I uninstall the pack but still doesn't work.

A:change default language back to english

Hi there Take a look at this link, see if it helps:

Display Language - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/98396-change-default-language-back-english.html
Relevancy 84.28%

So basically I've been trying to change the system language on my Dell XPS 13, but it says you can only have one language... I NEED HELP!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438225-why-i-cannot-change-my-system-language-russain-english.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I'm trying to change the XP "Regional/Language" from English to Spanish. After rebooting, it stays as English. The default now say's Spanish. I've even installed the language pack for Spanish from CD.

A:change Windows XP language fr English to Spanish

Hi,
Does this help at all?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-windows-xp-language-fr-english-to-spanish.506159/
Relevancy 84.28%

I've been given a Fujitsu Siemans "Amilo M7440G" laptop (from France) to check out (wireless not working and other things to check)

Windows XP home (SP2)
AZERTY keyboard layout (not qwerty)

Everything is in french Text icons, properties etc. Making this very difficult to debug.

How do I get the displayed text to show in english?
I've played around with the Regional settings - Language and keyboard settings but it does not want to display english for me...

Basic question: If this was a French Windows Win XP OS install can I ever see the text in english??

Any help direction appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-change-language-french-to-english-so-i-can-debug.688838/
Relevancy 84.28%

hi
i just got a laptop compaq presario 1247 it is polish language, does anybody know if i can or how do i change the language to english- many thanks- Stephen

A:compaq presario1247 change the language to english

i have moved your post to a thread of its own.

Please confirm the windows version you have
Xp, Vista, Windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-presario1247-change-the-language-to-english.999082/
Relevancy 84.28%

Heya Guys

How are you doing? We are setting up a Vista Business Client for our Company. It is a test-station. We bought (deliberately) the operating system in english. Now my question:

I can't find files or patches to change the language in the Internet Explorer 7 from english to german... is ist possible to change the language at all?

Thanks for your help!

A:Change Language form english to german

If IE7 is like IE6, the answer is you cannot, just for this one application.

The only language related options is via:

Control Panel, Regional and Language Options icon

And you have to download the optional languages you want supported.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/change-language-form-english-to-german-279632.html
Relevancy 84.28%

i have hp pavilion dv2500 but it purchase in spain. and the language in my laptop is espanol?how can i change it to english language? pls help thanks a lot

Solved!
View Solution.

A:how to change language in laptop to English version? in hp d...

1.Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.2.Click Check online for updates from Microsoft Update, and then wait while Windowslooks for the latest updates for your computer.3.If any updates are found, click Optional updates are available4.Under Windows Vista Ultimate Language Packs, select only the language pack that you want (installing all of them might take up too much space on your drive. 5.follow the instructions and go to the Windows Update site to download the English display language. The language pack should be available in the optional downloads. Source: Microsoft Install Language Packs Best regards,erico

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/how-to-change-language-in-laptop-to-English-version-in-hp/td-p/702337
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello. I'm an American living in Saudi Arabia. I just bought a Toshiba ultra book. It is very sleek and nice. But everything shows up in Arabic when I use Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. The default language in the control panel is already in English. The location is USA. The desktop is in English. But browsing is all in Arabic. I don't want it to translate...I want all the browsing to be in English. HELP!

A:Change Browser Language and Interface from Arabic to English

In chrome check Settings > Advanced Settings > Languages (or their Arabic equivalents).
In IE - Internet Options > General > Languages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-browser-language-and-interface-from-arabic-to-english.1091403/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if i can change the language of windows vista from spanish to english? I have just bought a spanish pc and the OS is in spanish - doh!

Its got vista home premium. Some sites say that i just need to install the language pack, whereas elsewhere i have been reading that i need vista ultimate to download the MUI or LIP packs.

Can anyone cleverer than me clear this up?

thanks for any help.

Lee.

A:Can i change the language of vista home from spanish to english?

check for the language packs on windows update optional downloads

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/can-i-change-the-language-of-vista-home-from-spanish-to-english-171140.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I come accross this all the time.

My clients have machines in other languages than English.

I can change language settings once operating system is in English....

But how to change it when the language is NOT English TO English.

I can do this by looking at icons and guessing my way around, but it's a pain in the ass...

Isn't there a way to do this via command prompt?

Get straight to the point and change it to English bypassing all drop downs and GUI in foreign language?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393025-how-change-language-back-english-turkish-machine.html
Relevancy 83.42%

i just bought a new laptop from ebuyer uk, an Asus A7U-7P274C
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/139075

when i turned it on the first installation screen gave me the options of german or italian, so i chose italian expecting to skim through the setup then change the language in the control panel. anyway i got to the control panel, got into the language settings and chose english (united states) but the display language is still italian.

ive searched countless forums and tried everything, i would update but the laptops not yet connected to the internet and i cant understand any of what its asking/telling me. help would be MUCH appreciated

A:vista in italian???, new laptop, change language to english

problem solved, gave up on changing the language i just rebooted the laptop to its factory default, thanks anyway

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-in-italian-new-laptop-change-language-to-english.724139/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Libretto W100-D10 which have an Italian version and would like to set it up initially into
English.

Any help or infos appreciated, thanks.

A:Libretto W100-D10 - Change OS language from Italian to English

Hi

As far as I know the Win 7 Home Premium was preinstalled on this notebook.
The OS language cannot be changed in Home Premium version.
Only the Enterprise and Ultimate editions support the Multilanguage pack.

So wither you would install a English version of the Win 7 Home Edition on your W100 or you would upgrade the Home Premium to Enterprise or Ultimate version and then you would install the English language pack

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?63914-Libretto-W100-D10-Change-OS-language-from-Italian-to-English
Relevancy 83.42%

As the title suggested, my start menu appear to be in chinese and I dont know how to change it back to english please help

A:Change language back to English on the start menu

1) Press Windows key+X+A. This will open administrative command prompt and type control.exe /name Microsoft.Language2) Language window pops out and tap on Add Language and follow on screen Instructions to download English Language and Install.3) On successful Updating to English Language. In Language window make sure to Select English Language to first position by tapping on Move up under Change your Language Preferences section.4) Restart the system to take changes effect.Hope this steps will helpful in resolving your query

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Change-language-back-to-English-on-the-start-menu/td-p/2654725
Relevancy 83.42%

I purchased my computer in Switzerland, and even if everything else is installed in English, the Dell Support Center software and messages all appear in German. How can I change the language to English?
thanks,
Jean

A:Dell Support Center - How to change the language to English?

Hi Cacador,
Welcome to the Community. The best way to change the language would be to Uninstall it from Add remove programs, and reinstall it using the below link. When installing select English as your language and then complete the installation.
http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/services/en/dsc_home?c=us&l=en
Hope this helps.
Thank you
Royan

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19368473
Relevancy 83.42%

how can i change the language spain to englisch
i just got the 5920g and the first time that i install windo vista
is in spain
and i bought it also in spain
how can i change the system in englisch
or how can i change window vist en englisch
i like everthing en englisch
can you help me please
can you explain it in steps
etc...
thank you very much

A:how can i change language from spanishe to english with notebook 5920g

First you have to install this: (Choose English in the drop down menu) http://www.microsoft.com/industry/pu...e/default.aspx

which is an LIP.

Then go to control panel, click on regional and language options. Then click on the keyboards and languages tab. On that there should be a list of display languages that you can install or something saying install display language. Choose English and install it. Then choose English on the Display Language menu. Hit ok and restart if necessary.

I hope that helps. :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-can-i-change-language-from-spanishe-to-english-with-notebook-5920g-193070.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a friend that just purchased a new Gateway laptop and he needs to
change the language from English to Polish. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/change-language-of-windows-vista-from-english-to-polish-206562.html
Relevancy 82.56%
Relevancy 81.7%

I just received delivery of a mini camera voice recorder that has an instruction sheet in both Chinese characters and also broken English very broken In fact it s basically incomprehensible Is there anyone viewing this that may be able to help you broken Chinese Chinese characters Solved: and/or read Can English? me translate the instructions because I can t get the recorder to work yet The colors of the light indicators on the recorder and the instructions don t even match All that I can observe is red and blue while the Solved: Can you read Chinese characters and/or Chinese broken English? instructions refer to a yellow and green in addition to red go figure And yes I ve contacted the seller about this but they haven t responded yet I strongly suspect they don t have a clue either they re just merchandisers not tech folks I ve attached a copy of of the so-called English instructions but if you can read Chinese please contact me and I ll send you or post the instructions written in Chinese characters Thanks for your interest nbsp

A:Solved: Can you read Chinese characters and/or Chinese broken English?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-you-read-chinese-characters-and-or-chinese-broken-english.1081284/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi all Spanish Change Windows OEM 7 Premium language Home SOLVED: to English I thought I'd share this with the community as SOLVED: Change language Windows 7 Home Premium OEM Spanish to English I myself had been looking for an answer for quite a time Scenario English ex-pat living in Spain Bought new laptop Toshiba Satellite L - Z with OEM Windows Home Premium in Spanish Want Windows in English I'd been trawling through the threads and had found these Completely change language of Ultimate installation amp win language change Googling also revealed I could only change the language if I had an Ultimate or Enterprise licence I had thought of downloading a legitimate English version Home Premium ISO from Digital River but a format and clean install was a last resort - even though there's plenty of OEM bloat I didn't want to risk some things not working or have problems trying to activate later So I made a C drive image just in case Solution Download MS English language Pack don't forget to check the MD hash download Vistalizator The language pack won't install by itself - probably because the OS isn't Ultimate or Enterprise but launch vistalizator it doesn't install just runs and open the language pack from there The only thing is I wanted my main account in English and a secondary user account in Spanish but SOLVED: Change language Windows 7 Home Premium OEM Spanish to English that isn't possible I CAN still change back and forth between languages but I have to do it through Vistalizator and reboot The language settings in the control panel don't do anything and the vistalizator language switch is a global change - all accounts are either English or Spanish But it works - in English and I'm loving my new laptop Regards D

A:SOLVED: Change language Windows 7 Home Premium OEM Spanish to English

I don't think this will stay here very long since vistalizator is a hack that violates the EULA.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/112035-solved-change-language-windows-7-home-premium-oem-spanish-english.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I was doing a crossword puzzle online and all of the sudden a couple of windows flashed across the screen and the language changed from all English to a mixed English and Arabic (I believe). The menu bar at top of screen is gone too. HELP!

A:Language on my computer changed from English to English and (I believe) Arabic

Press the Windows flag key + R and in the Run open field type: intl.cpl (press enter)
Check that the drop down box under “Format: English” is set to “Match Windows Display language (recommended)"

I would be a little leery that something malicious may have been installed on the computer to cause this unwanted change. You may want to update and run any AV and or anti-malware programs you may have installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/language-on-my-computer-changed-from-english-to-english-and-i-believe-arabic.1141979/
Relevancy 75.25%

I had purchased Dell Inspiron 13" 7348 2-in-1 Laptop while in Japan. It came with Japanese Single Language Windows 8.1. Eventually I changed it to English by downloading English Language Pack.
Using Free Windows 10 upgrade by Microsoft, the laptop is upgraded, however it fails to change the base language to English.
Can someone help? 

A:Inspiron Laptop with Windows 8.1 Upgraded to Windows 10 can not change base language to English

Hello pmorwale,
I assume you've tried to follow Microsoft's directions?
windows.microsoft.com/.../using-multiple-languages

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983250
Relevancy 73.1%

I have been installing Portuguese PhotoStory 3 on my windows 7 machine.

It install OK. I reboot. When I invoke Photostory 3 I am expecting to find it in Portuguese, ... but its still in English.
I used the official PhotoStory3Portuguese(Brazil).msi

Here's the question:
Even if I install the Portuguese version, does it still look at the OS language when invoked and say "well, your OS is in English so I am going to display in English" ?

(ps: I have the same issue on my XP machine...)

A:Installing foreign language software on an English language win7 OS?

Could you please share a link for that msi-file, if that is possible?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/211524-installing-foreign-language-software-english-language-win7-os.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Relevancy 72.67%

OHello,
I have Windows Vista Home SP2,
I need to change PC language from Norvegian to English,

Thank you.

A:My Windows Vista is Norvegian language, I need English language.

If you have the multi language installation disc, you can change the language during a reinstallation. If it is a Norwegian only, then you are stuck unless you can borrow an English installation disc and activeat with the key that is on the COA sticker (on the bottom of the laptop).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/348640-my-windows-vista-norvegian-language-i-need-english-language.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,
I recently bought an IBM X60 from ebay but its got a chinese operating system! I've tryed installing windows xp from an sd card but when it's nearly installed a box comes up saying something about the language?
Would really appreciate a good answer!I dont no wot 2 do!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/chinese-xp-back-to-english-help-292342.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have downloaded the Yahoo app onto my Microsoft Lumia 535 but its all in Chinese? Why is this? Where is the English one?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442728-why-yahoo-app-chinese-where-english-one.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I'm attempting to fix someones computer, but I'm having trouble because half of the menus/internet browser characters are in Chinese and English. I've tried changing the language/keyboard settings, but that made no difference. I've also tried changing it through the internet browser, but that doesn't help either. The only installed language pack is English..Does anyone know how to fix this. I want to get rid of the Chinese characters.

A:Chinese/English showing up on OS.

What browser are u useing? and have u tried it with another browser ?
And does it do the samething?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/chinese-english-showing-up-on-os.1007490/
Relevancy 70.09%

Just got a laptop in China with Simplfied Chinese Vista. Wondering if there's a English LIP for Chinese Vista so I can use this Laptop in Englsih.

If not, is it possible to reinstall Vista in English?

Thanks.

A:English LIP for Chinese Vista

I got this laptop in a hp authorized dealer and the vista is genuine(tested). If there's no such thing as a English LIP, could anyone just tell me if there's anyway to reinstall vista in English without purchasing a new license?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/179476-english-lip-chinese-vista.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,
I quit PC for several years and now i'm back.
Do XP handdle multilanguage (english-chinese). I would like to be able to
switch from a XP in english to XP in chinese or reverse.

thanks a lot

oxyde

A:run XP in both chinese and english on the same machine

Yes - you can switch between languages. For example, you can install an English version of XP along with Chinese language support files (if you wish) and vice-versa. However, when talking system menus/dialogs, the language displayed will depend on the version of XP. Eg. - Chinese version of XP, menus display in Chinese; the reverse is also true.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/run-xp-in-both-chinese-and-english-on-the-same-machine.376756/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi there,
When choosing the Win 10 install I am given these options:
Select Language: English (United Kingdom), English (United States)

are there any major differences? apart from the obvious one - certain words are spelt differently...

thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/46469-ok-select-language-english-united-kingdom-english-united-states.html
Relevancy 69.23%

My email changes to Chinese. The emails are in English when I send them and show up as English in my sent folder. I checked my unicode setting, etc;
I changed from windows to live mail and it did stop for several weeks but it has started again, i am not at all tech minded and just have no idea what to do.
Please help me someone

A:emails sent in english are changing to Chinese

Originally Posted by estelleb

My email changes to Chinese. The emails are in English when I send them and show up as English in my sent folder. I checked my unicode setting, etc;
I changed from windows to live mail and it did stop for several weeks but it has started again, i am not at all tech minded and just have no idea what to do.
Please help me someone

Hi and welcome

SO you send in english and they show in english do you repaints get them in chinese? More than one recipient? What isp are you using for email? have you run a virus scan lately?
Ken J+

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/266239-emails-sent-english-changing-chinese.html
Relevancy 69.23%

which way can I install English and Chinese XP in one computer?

my situation is:I have a IBM T30 laptop which has english ghost xp.I also want to install a Chinese xp.

thank you...

matt

A:which way can I install English and Chinese XP in one computer?

What do you mean, you can only have windows xp in one language per computer...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/which-way-can-i-install-english-and-chinese-xp-in-one-computer-348489.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a Dell N4110, Windows 7 Home Premium, 640GB drive and 4 GB of Ram.
I am trying to set this computer up for an 11 year old Chinese boy and his Mom to use. I am giving them this computer as a gift as they are very poor and he needs a computer for school.
The boy needs to use the computer in English and the Mom needs to use the computer in Chinese (Simplified).
I was wondering if there is a way to do this with this Laptop. I was hoping to set it up so that when you turn on the computer it would boot to a screen where they could choose English or Chinese and then it would boot to that option.
Is it only possible to do this using Windows 7 Ultimate with the Multilingual User Interface from Microsoft downloadsand even then can it be done as I have described?

Thank you in advance.

A:Can I have a Dell Laptop use English and Chinese?

1-Create another user account 2-Install SC language pack via Control Panel/Region and Language/Keyboards and Languages/Display Language 3-After reboot,there will be 2 accounts on welcome screen,one is english,the other is SC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/376698-can-i-have-dell-laptop-use-english-chinese.html
Relevancy 69.23%

It's a long story but basically my dad's computer was lent to someone and is now stuck in Chinese It's running Windows XP Professional according to the computer Help info - although the Microsoft sticker on the bottom says it's Windows XP Home but I ran the Windows Update and it seems to be genuine software and when I go to the Chinese English! convert to cannot from back Regional Options and Languages control panel cannot convert from Chinese back to English! I am not able to uncheck the quot Install files for East Asian Languages quot option under the cannot convert from Chinese back to English! Languages tab It is grayed out and I cannot do anything I have already changed everything else I can to English and removed the Chinese options but for some reason everything still comes up in Chinese except I finally managed to change Internet Explorer to show up in English Can anyone help please Thanks PS My dad cannot find the original Windows XP CDs PPS I cannot read Chinese But I can go back and forth between my computer and the laptop to compare icons

A:cannot convert from Chinese back to English!

it sounds like someone installed a chinese version of windows,i spent not hours but days on a similar problem last year and they ended up having to purchase and english version and install it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-convert-from-chinese-back-to-english-126065.html
Relevancy 69.23%

HiI have a problem with IE6, when I'm downloading anything with IE the title bar on the download is in Chinese not English.I searched and found that with IE7 might have the same problem if using "Turbo Passwords" but I do not have it install in my system.You can see a screenshot on ScreenshotAny ideas?Thanks

A:Ie6 Title Bar In Chinese Not English (downloading)

how about your language/country settings in Control panel?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75714/ie6-title-bar-in-chinese-not-english-downloading/
Relevancy 69.23%

Anyone know of a software that does this and works well? Does not matter if its free or not. I need it for work. I have not had a lot of luck searching Google so far.

A:Software to translate Chinese to English?

Online Translator:
http://world.altavista.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/software-to-translate-chinese-to-english.88480/
Relevancy 69.23%

A couple of years ago I installed the Chinese language pack for visiting relatives and as I can't read Chinese they turned the Sony Viao (Win 8.1) back to English upon their departure. I think I was resetting the time (who knows?) and now everything is back to Chinese making it impossible to navigate. I have to guess at everything and as yet have been unable to get back to the page where one changes the language. Even if I could figure it out, it would still be in Chinese. Grrrr!

I've been searching for weeks looking for screen shots to no avail. Any idea on how to retrace my steps and undo my foolishness? Comments, suggestions, and advise greatly appreciated. Snide comments as to my stupidity should be restricted. My wife has already hidden the ax.

Happy New Year one and all...

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/73182-need-english-back-win-8-1-computer-currently-chinese.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello nbsp I nbsp have nbsp a nbsp document nbsp I nbsp would nbsp like nbsp to nbsp get nbsp translated nbsp from nbsp Chinese nbsp probably nbsp to nbsp English nbsp - nbsp see nbsp attachment nbsp I nbsp will nbsp first nbsp have nbsp to nbsp convert nbsp it nbsp from nbsp it s nbsp present nbsp image nbsp format nbsp into nbsp computer nbsp readable nbsp form nbsp using nbsp optical nbsp character nbsp recognition nbsp OCR nbsp software nbsp then nbsp use nbsp a nbsp web nbsp machine nbsp translation nbsp service nbsp to nbsp do nbsp the nbsp translation nbsp I nbsp document into Chinese English Translating have nbsp the nbsp following Translating Chinese document into English nbsp questions In nbsp what nbsp language nbsp is nbsp the nbsp document nbsp written nbsp and nbsp with nbsp what nbsp characters I nbsp have nbsp an nbsp HP nbsp Scanjet nbsp G nbsp flatbed nbsp scanner nbsp Can nbsp the nbsp OCR nbsp software nbsp supplied nbsp with nbsp it nbsp work nbsp on nbsp Chinese nbsp characters nbsp If nbsp not nbsp where nbsp can nbsp I nbsp get nbsp such nbsp software Or is there an alternative way to do the OCR Is nbsp there nbsp Translating Chinese document into English a nbsp recommended nbsp web Translating Chinese document into English nbsp site nbsp for nbsp the nbsp translation Thanks unfortunately nbsp I nbsp have nbsp been nbsp unable nbsp to nbsp upload nbsp the nbsp document nbsp - nbsp I nbsp get nbsp an nbsp error nbsp message nbsp that nbsp the nbsp file nbsp is nbsp too nbsp big nbsp I nbsp have nbsp tried nbsp to nbsp open nbsp the nbsp file nbsp in nbsp my nbsp WPS nbsp Writer nbsp program nbsp which nbsp can nbsp read nbsp pdf nbsp files nbsp but nbsp it nbsp will nbsp not nbsp open nbsp this nbsp file nbsp presumably nbsp because nbsp it nbsp is nbsp in nbsp an nbsp image nbsp format nbsp not nbsp a nbsp computer nbsp readable nbsp text nbsp format nbsp So nbsp I nbsp don t nbsp have nbsp a nbsp program nbsp with nbsp which nbsp I nbsp can nbsp cut nbsp down nbsp the nbsp size nbsp of nbsp the nbsp document

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Commercial-PC-Software/Translating-Chinese-document-into-English/td-p/5678524
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello Thank you for English/Chinese languages: Changing input reading my question - I hope you can help because the frustration is mounting OS - WinXP Home SP ram Changing input languages: English/Chinese - GB PC Mhz DDR CPU - AMD Athlon X MoB - ASUS K V K T PRO VT I speak English and my fiancee speaks Chinese I use AOL to access the internet She has an account with Yahoo com cn which she used when she lived in China - upto a week ago I have added the Chinese fonts and she can read her emails but now she cannot input simplified Chinese fonts characters - hanzi to reply to her friends and family she left behind in China And NO - romanized pinyin is not a workable option because few of her family and friends can read it IS there a way to change the input language in WinXP SP so she can input Simplified Chinese characters Is there a simple way to change input language back and forth between English fonts and Simplified Chinese fonts Thank you for any aid you can provide She keeps changing things on my computer - making it our computer - but I fear that I cannot operate in Simplified Chinese fonts if she successfully makes the change on her own and we cannot change back to English fonts

A:Changing input languages: English/Chinese

Hello lansehudie, Welcome to TSF!

This is what I think you are trying to achieve....

It would be wise to print these instructions for future reference.

Please Note: These instructions presume that the "Classic View" is being used in the Control Panel.

1: Go, Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Advanced > scroll down and tick the box for the specific language you need to install.
(You will need to insert the Windows? XP SP2 CD to install the selected fonts.)

2: Once the fonts are installed, click on Languages > Details > Add > now repeat the selection of the particular language required > OK.

3: Next, click Key Settings > create a keyboard shortcut to alternate between the two languages > Apply > OK.

Cancel out of the Control Panel; remove the CD and reboot the computer, for the changes to take effect.

This should now give you an "English" Keyboard with the alternative of "Chinese" Language options, with the use of the Keyboard Shortcut that has been created.

Please post back with the results.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/changing-input-languages-english-chinese-173583.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Not as bad as it sounds. A friend of mine has moved to germany, and is finding the different keyboard set up different (some letters are changed on the kboard). Friend is chinese, but has bear perfect english, and would rather work in english on an english kboard than a german one.

can you set a German kboard to run as an english one? I assume that this is simply through the kboard layout, and add a language, but not sure.
thanks

A:English to German To Chinese kboard..uurgh!

You can try Control Panel, Region and Language, Keyboards and Languages, Change Keyboards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/english-to-german-to-chinese-kboard-uurgh.950436/
Relevancy 68.37%

Google home page (www.google.com) is in Chinese instead of English. All other Google pages (maps.google.com, mail.google.com, news.google.com) are in English. Additionally, all other sites are in English as well. The language preference at Tools -> Internet Options is set to English.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

A:Google home page is in Chinese and not English

This might help.
Download AdwCleaner 2.011 Free - Adware and toolbar remover - Softpedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/268012-google-home-page-chinese-not-english.html
Relevancy 68.37%

OK, this may sound weird, but I have a laptop installed with Simplified Chinese Windows Vista Home Basic, and I really suck at Chinese. I want some way to get an English interface on Chinese Vista without having to reinstall the whole thing. I tried an English MUI, but for some weird reason, it won't let me install.

Is there any other way to get an English interface onto Chinese Vista Basic?

A:Get English interface for Chinese Vista Basic?

Anyone? I desperately need help!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/241556-get-english-interface-chinese-vista-basic.html
Relevancy 68.37%

HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE LANGUAGE BACK ON FACEBOOK FROM ANOTHER LANGUAGE TO ENGLISH ONLY FACEBOOK IS DOING IT IF YOU WOULD EVEN YOU COULD DO THIS FOR ME MY FACEBOOK EMAIL IS < email and password removed by moderator > don't worry there's no personal stuff in there or pictures if you could do this i would be more than greatfull THANK Harry Dague

A:Facebook Changed Languages on me From English to Chinese

Language changed in your facebook. Double checked and is in english language already. Remove your email address and password. Also change your password asap before someone else may hack it.

PS: Please watch on your caps lock. Might mean you are mad (unless you may have vision problems may be fine).

ATTN MODERATORS: Remove his email and password from his post #1.

No harm done to his facebook account by me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook-changed-languages-on-me-from-english-to-chinese.1169916/
Relevancy 68.37%

I want to use chinese software in my english version system windows xp sp2,but the chinese words in the software can not display correctly.

A:How To Use Chinese Software In English Version System

Hi, go to control panel>regional languages>langauages>install files for east asia languages, you will need your xp cd.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139744/how-to-use-chinese-software-in-english-version-system/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi folks,

Win XP 32 bit (English version)

Can I change the captioned OS displaying Chinese on tool bars, icons etc.

Having played around on "Regional and Language Options" without result. I found I can't "tick" "Apply all settings to the current user account and to the default user profile" permanently. After -> Apply -> OK -> reboot, it unticked this item.

IIRC it is possible. I did it about 9 years ago when WinXP was first released. Any advice? TIA

B.R.
satimis

A:How to convert English WinXP to display Chinese

Hi and welcome to TSF possibly this http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...e/install.mspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-convert-english-winxp-to-display-chinese-484386.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I want to reformat a laptop that is bought from my father abroad. But sadly I don't understand what it says, I just want to make it boot CD/USB first. But its giving me hard time. And also, It won't the desktop. I mean when it starts, and when the Login window appear. Everytime I try to login, it will just show the background and the sound. But after a few seconds, it will logoff back. Maybe its because when I try to use the anti-virus Avast during startup and the laptop suddenly lost its power. (I forgot to charge it) Maybe thats the cause, because I pick "Delete all" whenever it finds a virus. And this virus named "virot" keeps on popping everytime it scans a .exe file. Thats the reason why I want to reformat this laptop.

Btw, here are the pictures I want to translate to english.

Relevancy 68.37%

Ok this is only an Idea, and I will test it as soon as my 7106 is downloaded, but for now, if someone of you have 7077 and 7106, here my Idea:

Windows himself has no Language since Vista!
on the install DVD there are the language folders,
for english
-\sources\en-us\ -\boot\en-us\
and the file
-\sources\lang.ini

so copy the english language from 7077 to the one of 7106 and replace the lang.ini

try to install

I think, it can work, because of the development do not change a lot from the language side, but more from the system itself.

A:turn 7106 chinese in English, Idea!!

actually build 7106 chinese is not the geninue release i guess!!!

its a well made tweak with build 7077 or earlier!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/6987-turn-7106-chinese-english-idea.html
Relevancy 68.37%

How do I reset my computer to English?

A:My computer is not in English How do I change it back to English?

Hi,
The following document may help you:
Install or change a display language
Windows 7 language packs are available for computers that are running Windows 7 Ultimate
or Windows 7 Enterprise

Best Regards
DalePlease remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a2aabcd2-3b5e-447b-b8ff-cecc358d262a/my-computer-is-not-in-english-how-do-i-change-it-back-to-english?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 68.37%

I have been trying to get Cortana to work on my SP3, unfortunately it is locked onto speech English UK, I have all latest windows downloads and all settings suite the Australian region except for speech which I cannot change.
Any help to change the speech would be most appreciated.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435421-my-sp3-locked-english-uk-i-cant-change-english-australia.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Ok i can view chinese fonts correctly like webpages and emails, but when i download a chinese program which is originally chinese (simplified or traditional) all the characters are just garbage.
I have already installed fonts via control panel, but chinese programs just dont display correctly, is there a way to fix this.

A:How can i view chinese programs on a english xp computer correctly

As far as I know, there is nothing you can do about it aside from getting the Chinese version of XP.

I have heard that Vista will be able to switch the user interface to various languages, but XP (as far as I know) can not do this.

Note: the opposite in XP works fine. If you have Chinese XP, you can install ANY English software no problem. XP chinese version is built on top of the English version so all English software works. But the English version has no idea what Chinese characters are, and just messes them all up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-view-chinese-programs-on-a-english-xp-computer-correctly.44927/
Relevancy 67.51%

Ok i can view chinese fonts correctly like webpages and emails, but when i download a chinese program which is originally chinese (simplified or traditional) all the characters are just garbage.
I have already installed fonts via control panel, but chinese programs just dont display correctly, is there a way to fix this.

A:How can i view chinese programs on a english xp computer correctly

As far as I know, there is nothing you can do about it aside from getting the Chinese version of XP.

I have heard that Vista will be able to switch the user interface to various languages, but XP (as far as I know) can not do this.

Note: the opposite in XP works fine. If you have Chinese XP, you can install ANY English software no problem. XP chinese version is built on top of the English version so all English software works. But the English version has no idea what Chinese characters are, and just messes them all up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-view-chinese-programs-on-a-english-xp-computer-correctly.44927/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello all -

I am trying to do a Windows 7 reinstall from my Samsung Recovery disk, as I have a Samsung laptop. I have received the infamous "windows could not format a partition on disk 0...Error code: 0x80070057" error. Through researching this forum it seems the diskpart program is used to troubleshoot. However, the program only displays English from the command lines or numbers (i.e. - 465 GB). Everything else is displayed as Chinese or Japanese characters. Is there a way to change the language to all English? Thanks.

A:Diskpart not in English. Displaying Chinese or Japanese characters

Hello richarmb Welcome to the Seven Forums!

With a factory recovery disk that should automatically reformat and reOS the drive for you. That works along with the hidden recovery partition to bring everything back to how you saw the preinstall when first buying the laptop.

Since the manufacturer is actually South Korean with a US product and support site. Samsung - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia the default language for non user items would be in the native language and unfortunately not flexible like adding language packs onto Windows itself. You're dealing with hard copy media not an OS already install in that sense.

The only option for a clean install with an English version of the Disk Part tool would be borrowing someone else's 7 dvd and then entering the key on the sticker itself. But you shouldn't even be needing Disk Part with any factory restore option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/220521-diskpart-not-english-displaying-chinese-japanese-characters.html
Relevancy 67.51%

While under Chinese input method (traditional, bopomofo), the system automatically turns what I am typing into English--when the keys I press don't actually make up any word in Chinese. i.e. the input method (as shown on the start bar) stays in Chinese bopomofo, but when it detects that I am not typing Chinese (or rather, when I am trying to type Chinese but accidentally press the wrong keys), the input turns to English instead.
I do remember turning on this feature (somewhere in control panel?) but I haven't been able to find the same page now that I want to turn the feature off. It applies to anything I type on this laptop and not just a particular app.
Where can I find the option to turn this feature off? Thanks.
p.s. I'm on windows 10

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443632-automatic-english-output-while-using-chinese-input-method.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Got text on my Lumia 520 from my sister's Samsung Galaxy 3 weeks ago in Asian characters. She said it happened to her coworker weeks ago. I re-booted phone. Tonight, 3 texts from a friend's iPhone, then 1 from my sister. Online translator can't translate. These are sent in English and arrive on my phone in Asian, perhaps Chinese. Again after re-boot tonight. What do I do?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442988-random-texts-sent-english-arrive-asian-maybe-chinese-what-do.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I am discover this web browser, I think there is not opinions in the forum

I am testing, but some options dislike me (copy with drag not working, shared with Twitter open a new window).

The browser is in English and Chinese but the installer only in Chinese

??????? - ???????????????????Chrome??????
??????? - ???????????????????Chrome??????

32 and 64 bits browser

Have check multiple spelling for differents languages

(sorry for my english)

A:Qiyu Swordfish Browser - Chrome-based (Chinese/English)

Out of all of the Chinese Browsers that I have tried... mostly all of them are really nothing more than replicated features and a new browser name.

You'd be better off getting a better alternative (that isn't Chinese) of course.​

https://malwaretips.com/threads/qiyu-swordfish-browser-chrome-based-chinese-english.56617/
Relevancy 64.93%

My computer cant read the chinese language and japanese language ... so what can i do?

I heard my friend said just click something at control panel there and the computer will can read the chinese language ... My computer is Window XP.

Thank for helping. Have a nice sweet wonderful day ^_^

A:About chinese language

try this go to control panel, click on date time language and regional options then under control panel icon hit the regional and language options. i believe this is what your friend was talking about. hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/about-chinese-language.559006/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there

for developing purpose i need the ctrl+space shortcut. unfortunately it is already used by windows itself to switch to the chinese input language. i already deactivated all keyboard layouts except the one i need and deactivated all "Hotkeys for input language" but the chinese language still appears in the language bar (and ctrl+space still switches to it).
and it seems that i can not install/unistall any language packs because i am using the home premium version of windows.
so what to do? how can i get rid of the chinese language, that i do not use anyway!

hope someone can help!

Simon

A:How to get rid of the chinese language?

Someone must have set it that way. On my systems, CTL+Space brings up nothing. Did that PC come from China?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/64215-how-get-rid-chinese-language.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have msn and the msn chat is shown in chinese... How can I change to english or french? thanks

A:msn in chinese language

On the Main Page when you log in (before you enter a room)

On the right you should see Chat Home | Join a Chat | Language | Help

Click on Language and select it to whatever you'd like

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-in-chinese-language.323434/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there,

I am learning a different language and want to be able to type in it plus enter characters on my on-line course. I would also like to see the keyboard layout so I know how to get the special characters. Is this possible? And if it's really obvious, apologies for being thick...

Thanks!

A:How do I add a language other than English to my pc

Welcome to the Seven Forums
With Ultimate and Enterprise you should be able to use this tutorial Display Language Packs - Install and Uninstall
Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/222427-how-do-i-add-language-other-than-english-my-pc.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Well I am sure someone has asked this before but I have found multiple different answers and want to be sure not to mess up my system.

We moved to Germany about 5 months ago and we were in need of a new laptop. Without thinking twice I went down to the computer store and picked on up with Vista Home Premium. Never thinking that I would not be able to switch it to English without and issue. Well no I have an issue

Here is what I have found. Both of these websites claim to either have the LIP or an easy way to convert without VISTA Ultimum. Can someone verify for me that these sites are valid and it will not place a virus on my system.

Windows Vista Language Interface Packs (LIP)
and/or
Vistalizator - change display language in Vista Home and Business

Thank you,
Phwah

A:English Language

LIP is trustable, but they don't have an English LIP, which is ******** in my opinion.

I wouldn't trust anything to change languages in Home Premium or Business, because there has to be SOMETHING wrong with it.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/177935-english-language.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,
I have recently installed the microsoft IME support for simplified chinese. Generally this application works well for me, that is it works in all office applications(Word,Excel, etc). However this is not the case for most other applications(eg. Messenger, Winamp, ICQ). What happens is that the field in the language bar, in the lower left of the screen, where i can choose between the different languages simply does not show up whenever i am not in one of the office programs.
I have had a look at all the different mails abt this topic but i couldn't find any real help there
Please let me know if you have any clue how to do this!
Michael

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ime-chinese-language-in-messenger.137175/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi All,
I have an ASUS laptop ,I have a problem . when I try Ctrl+Space the chinese language is enabled .How do i disable this?As i need this shortcut for another tool.
BTW this is a 64 bit Windows Home Premium
Thanks

A:Disabling Chinese language.

Hello:

You can change keyboard shortcuts in Control Panel -> Region and Language -> click on the "Keyboards and Languages" tab -> click "Change keyboards..." -> click on the "Advanced Key Settings" tab.

Simply click on "Change Key Sequence..." and disable or change it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/169565-disabling-chinese-language.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am an America in Shanghai China and my laptop hard (language, of not Getting people) rid Chinese! drive went belly up I don't want to deal with that here so I just bought a cheap Toshiba T running Windows Basic at the market and I gave my old laptop away I wrongly assumed that the language Windows uses was just a simply setting but apparently it is more comprehensive than that The store that I bought the laptop Getting rid of Chinese! (language, not people) from did reload the entire machine from scratch after language problems on the first day of ownership and changed some unknown-to-me settings Mostly everything works just fine with little evidence of the Chinese language The problem is that some programs are still installing in Chinese and it is a major pain to correct them when you can't read the words Two examples are AVG Free and CrashPlan Pro I would like to make sure that everything on my computer points to US English so that I don't have to deal with this forever So after doing some more research I came across the Region and Language settings box Format Location and Default Input Language settings All of these were changed to English before I had the installation problems Does anybody know where else I can look Somehow certain programs still think that I want to read in Chinese Thanks

A:Getting rid of Chinese! (language, not people)

Have you changed the system locale?

Change the system locale

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/140031-getting-rid-chinese-language-not-people.html
Relevancy 64.5%

hello people. i have tried everything but still when i close the language settings window, chinese language is still there. i have also tried removing it from certain programs that may be using it but still no lack.

any more technical solution to my problem? thanx..

A:cannot remove chinese language

What exactly do you mean? Are you trying to uninstall Chinese from the language options? Set the language to something other than Chinese?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-remove-chinese-language-193931.html