Windows Support Forum

Arabic Font won't "stick" in Word 2003

Q: Arabic Font won't "stick" in Word 2003

I am a novice, but with some experience in Word, plus had help from a professional. So we downloaded and intalled the keyboard and complex script and right-to-left languages as described here http://zsigri.tripod.com/fontboard/arablpk.html. We restarted when promted. Opened a Word doc, set the language and font to Arabic transparent, but it keeps switching back to Arial or New Times Roman as soon as I type. I can open Arabic documents without any problem and I can cut & paste and it all appears as it should on the page, justified to the right, etc.

Can someone please help? Thanks a million!

Oh - and I installed it on my other computer which also runs XP, but it's Office 2007. It didn't have any problems.

Thanks.
~ PyraPuppy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/arabic-font-wont-stick-in-word-2003.941463/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Arabic Font won't "stick" in Word 2003

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 83.08%

I hope this makes sense!

I help a blind lady with her computer and she uses a system called Jaws with a braille reader. We've just realised that on the screen in the toolbar it claims that the font in use is Arial but when she goes into Tools and Fonts it claims that the font in use is Helvetica! Now she can't see what on the toolbar but she wants Arial not Helvetica. In fonts, if you change to Arial and click Default etc it still reverts back to Helvetica.

I've deleted Normal.dot with no benefit.

Any ideas??

A:Solved: Word 2003 different fonts being shown on toolbar and "font"

Yup. What it is doing is not wrong, just not what you are expecting.

What is happening is that you are requesting a font that is not in the current font set, and Windows is substituting the closest match it can find.
The font set in Jaws or the braille converter is probably gathered from Linux or a none Windows source, and Arial is not in that font set.
Arial is almost exclusive to Microsoft and was developed in 1982 from Helvetica, which is far older and more universal. Quite why MS did this is anyone's guess! Tahoma (MS-Sans or Verdana) is another one that is used in Outlook particularly.
There are quite likely other font faces that are similarly substituted.
You might like to see if Jaws has an updated font set specifically for Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-2003-different-fonts-being-shown-on-toolbar-and-font.1114165/
Relevancy 103.2%

I installed some software to assist me in converting .pdf docs. I didn't keep the name of the software but did uninstall it via control panel.

I now have mulitiple "File" menu entries: 29 entries between "open" and "save". The entires are all idenical, "Open PDF"

Nothing happens when I click on them. How can I remove them from my "File" menu?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mulitiple-file-menu-entries-open-pdf-in-word-2003.811408/
Relevancy 94.6%

When ever we use the Open With function within Windows Explorer or double click on a some Word Doc files with the CG Times Font, the font is garbled. However if we open the same file from within Word the font is normal. IE does the same thing if we open the file from within it. Any Ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-with-word-font-display-problem.471641/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello XP Pro general question For a couple years I ve had ComicSans as my chosen Font style Not in any particular program but rather every window file amp folder title possible on this particular quot Limited quot User Screen Problem for some unknown reason this font setting choice recently reverted back to XP Pro s default font Ariel I ve looked high amp low amp can t recall how I originally accessed this setting Microsoft s HELP say s quot To change the font On the Options menu click Font In the Font dialoge box click the options you want quot I guess I have to live with the frustration of quot NO RESULTS FOUND quot in Micrsoft s Help database when queried for quot Options menu quot or quot Font dialoge box quot But since their HELP quot doesn t quot I was hoping someone here could specifically-exactly direct me to this setting s location The only quot Options quot I have under quot Tools quot is quot Folder Options quot which gives me no Font options The ComicSans font I want reinstated still "style" Font NOT challenge- Font "size"... exists in the quot Font quot folder in my Control Panel The only recent change I ve Font "style" challenge- NOT Font "size"... made to my computer was to upgrade to Internet Explorer ---the only other change I ve noticed amp not appreciated since this new IE was installed was IE s hiding removal of my quot History amp Temporary Internet Files quot from my quot Local Settings quot I don t think IE had anything to do with my Font change-- the font change happened Font "style" challenge- NOT Font "size"... several days after the IE install Please direct me to my font STYLE options settings Thank You Chris nbsp

A:Font "style" challenge- NOT Font "size"...

Right-click on your desktop, then go to Properties. On the Appearance tab, click Advanced at the bottom. You can scroll through the available options and make your changes there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/font-style-challenge-not-font-size.528224/
Relevancy 90.73%

How do I change the font of "Welcome", "Logging Off" and "Shutting down"? Is it hard coded in a uifile? Which file are the words in? Is the file written in XML?? John

A:Change font of "Welcome", "Logging Off" and "Shutting down"?

Quote: Originally Posted by RBCC

How do I change the font of "Welcome", "Logging Off" and "Shutting down"? Is it hard coded in a uifile? Which file are the words in? Is the file written in XML?? John

I am not sure you can change the fonts though if you wish you can change the text from "Shutting Down" to "Bye Bye" or so, by editing, winlogon.exe.mui.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/162037-change-font-welcome-logging-off-shutting-down.html
Relevancy 90.3%

`I have run into the problem outlined in the title. I need to access that file, which came to me as an e-mail attachment. Suggestions will be appreciated.

{redoak}

Relevancy 90.3%

Hi everyone, irritating problem is bugging a friend.

In Word 2003 sometimes the colors used when tracking changes by author seem to be random. The default would seem to be Red, Blue, and so on, but he seems to get a sludgy orange and then gray as the next color, which makes it harder to spot changes in long documents as they don't stand out as much. I can send him a document I've created with tracked changes in red, and they come out as another color on his PC. Have tried forcing all changes to be a particular color (e.g. red) and then resetting ... with limited success.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or if there is a workaround? This site suggests the former when it says that Word "likes to be creative"!!! http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trackchanges/HowTrackChangesWorks.html#Reviewers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-2003-track-changes-random-colors-when-by-author-colours.498236/
Relevancy 90.3%

I'm a network admin for about 30 users. About 10 of them are having a problem with any new document in Word (both XP and 2003). A small hollow square appears in the upper left corner. They're unable to delete it, and it freezes the "File" button on the Menu bar. Sometimes it freezes Word totally. They are able to print existing documents opened in Explorer. Very annoying! Any thoughts?

A:Word XP & 2003 - "little white square" in upper left corner

Hiya! and Welcome to TSG!

As nobody has an idea yet what might have cause the issue (as it is unusual), maybe uploading a screenshot would produce some ideas to resolve the problem.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-xp-2003-little-white-square-in-upper-left-corner.426866/
Relevancy 90.3%

Microsoft Word 2003 on my Sony Vaio laptop doesn't have a Save As function, either in the File menu or as shortcut Alt+F A. It's not even there as a disabled/greyed out option - the options under File go straight from Save to Save as a webpage. Any ideas what could have happened "Save As" or how to restore it?

Relevancy 90.3%

Hi all, just 2 weeks back i've come across a new problem in Word2000. I've a friend try to change the font sizes in Word 2000 when using Arabic Fonts. But she is unable to do that. But if she were to try changing the Arabic Fonts size in Excel 2000, she will be able to do that. I've tried logging on as another user id (Windows 2000) but the problem persist.

Have also tried to repair office, un-install/re-install office, re-create a new profile for her, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-arabic-font-size-in-word-2000-pro.194227/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi Tech Support Guys,

I did a really dumb thing. After 10 hours of transcribing a huge document in Word 2003, I also had this other document open at the same time for reference, and then I accidently saved that other file over top of my transcription file name.

I know, stupid, stupid, stupid.

Now I have lost my original transcript. I do have autosave working every 10 minutes, but I never activated Word's backup feature.

Am I really as scr*wed as I think I am?

Thanks a bunch!

Marjatta

Relevancy 89.87%

Kind daypart, I have a problem, it consists here in what. When I try to send reporting from Word as by an attachment and as ordinary, appearing form of master of tuning Outlook, everywhere by default MS Outlook 2003 stands the postal program, with Outlook problems are not present he is adjusted and works parallell, and it is on this account necessary to copy content of document permanent and to insert in a letter in Outlook...
If someone clashed or knows how to decide a problem, prompt me...TIA!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-send-doc-as-attachment-and-as-ordinary-in-word-2003.964462/
Relevancy 89.87%

Would someone PLEASE help me figure my issue out. I am at a loss as to what I did on my laptop for Microsoft Word to just stop working. This is what's going on:
1. I open up Word; 2. I go to my documents & click on the doc I want to open; 3. I get the pop-up that states, for example, "The file Amer Hist Doc 3 is not available".

If I send the doc as an attachment in my email & then open it on another computer, it comes up fine. It just won't work on my laptop.

Did I accidently hit someone to make Word do this all of the sudden?? Do I just need to un-install Microsoft Office & then reinstall??

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Lily

Relevancy 89.87%

NOTE "Disk Full" error 2003 Word Her laptop is running Word not Sorry about that My wife is running into an error with Word whenever she attempts to save a certain type of Word 2003 "Disk Full" error document She is created data graphs in Excel and then copying and pasting them into a word document along with text analysis etc When she goes to save the file to the C drive she gets an error saying the disk is full Meanwhile there are many GBs of space available on the C drive still Also this does not happen when attempting to save a regular Word doc or the Excel doc the graphs have been generated in Only when trying to save the Word doc with the Excel graphs pasted into it Any tips on what may be causing this and how I might be able to fix it She s working on applying for an important grant and this is obviously hindering her progress Many thanks in advance Mike nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-disk-full-error.770132/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi,

I'm trying to find out when I first started editing a file.

This file was first copied from an existing file to serve as a template. In properties/details, "content created" has a date next to it.

Q.1. Is this the date I created the file, or would it be the date I first edited the file?

Q.2. If the latter, and if the first edit was simply to change the title on the first page before I began editing some months later, is there a way I can trace when and what I edited?

VG

A:Word 2003 "Content Created" Question

Creation date would be the first time it was saved. Or if you did a save as...it would be that date.

There is a way to turn on versioning in 2003, Your looking for something like 'save version on close". In 2010 you get 'Always create backup copy'. Probably because the save version on close created a bloated document.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-content-created-question.1104778/
Relevancy 89.87%

I have MS Word 2003 sp3 working on Windows XP sp3, and when opening a document based in a template with some macros, MS Word return an error: "Could not open 'http://**********/*****.dot' ".
The path given on the error description does not exist, but the template does exist in my template directory "D:\MSWord\Templates" and this path is configured in "file locations" of the Word options in "User templates" and in "Workgroup templates".
Ivan so, after selecting 'OK' in the error window, word could effectively open the document?
Someone Know why this happens and how can I avoid this boring error window all the times the document is opened.
Thanks,
Tatu
(From Lisbon - Portugal)

Relevancy 89.87%

INFO ONLY for those suddenly having quot no response quot with MS Office Word Weeks ago I suddenly got a problem with Microsoft Word Office usually failing to respond unable to open or save files 2003/2007 Word "not responding" Microsoft and just quot hourglass thinking quot In fact I frequently had to go to Task Manager to close it Tried everything I could think of Microsoft Word 2003/2007 "not responding" and read in sites renaming quot normal dot quot reloading MS Office loading MS Office with same result removing Adobe Pro that had been loaded a week before using quot repair quot command and nothing worked Finally I found a solitary blog input somewhere saying that the person with same problem on Vista resolved it by uninstalling quot Office Live DD-on quot I had installed that a few weeks before I discovered the problem and never used Office on Vista PC since installation I uninstalled quot Office Live Add-ON quot after many hours of trying other things and PROBLEM FIXED On my XP laptop and desktop that Add-On has no impact on Office programs but is apparently a problem with Vista I did not see any such notice on Microsoft site

http://www.vistax64.com/software/261606-microsoft-word-2003-2007-not-responding.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I've got Windows XP Pro, running Office 2003. When I right click on a Word file, and go to "Save As", it will only give me the options to save the new file as a Word 2007, or a Word 2007 Macro-enabled Document (.docm)

How do I change this, as no one in my company uses Office 2007 yet? I know I can open the document and save it as a .doc file from there, but just thought I'd try to find a way to simplify the process. Thanks in advance!!

Relevancy 89.87%

Ok so here s the story everytime I open a document in MSWord its fine opens and works and I can type and do whatever The first time I save the file it saves properly however if I CTRL S again it asks me to specify what file I want to save it Microsoft 2003 "Read-only" Word PROBLEM as and when I try to save it as the one I have open it errors me saying that the file that I have Microsoft Word 2003 "Read-only" PROBLEM open is a read-only file That s weird because in the properties I can clearly see that its not read-only Does anyone have any idea what s going on I un and reinstalled on my PC but the problem continues Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance BTW I am using XP and the in the blue bar of the open document it says quot DocumentName Read-Only quot after I try to save it for the second time Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post in Im new but I really need help because my comp has been acting weirdly these past few days nbsp

A:Microsoft Word 2003 "Read-only" PROBLEM

you apparently are OPENING a R/O document.

find the document of choice,
right-click->properties

at the bottom; Attributes ... is r/o checked or unchecked?

Be sure to save your documents in your profile area:
\Documents and Settings\yourlogin\My Documents\... anywhere below this

Modify your Word Preferences to make the above the Default Directory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-word-2003-read-only-problem.74437/
Relevancy 89.01%

I recently upgraded from xp to xp pro and then loaded Office 2003. When started, the Word program gives a message "preparing to install" but takes one full minute and then a message "an error occured...". But when I click ok, Word opens and works fairly well. I have tried to repair, remove, re-install, without luck. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-an-error-occured.569423/
Relevancy 89.01%

I'm running Office 2003 in Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 7) with no visible issues.

Except that when I want to save a Word document using "Save As" it prompts me for all sorts of unsuitable locations...My Music, My Pictures, My Videos, and some random programs which somehow landed up in the "Documents" folder. None of the shortcuts I'd like to see there (and which are in the folder, because I put them there!) show up. What to do?

A:Office Word 2003 "Save As"

What do you have defined for where documents should be saved under Tools->Options->File Locations?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/40068-office-word-2003-save.html
Relevancy 89.01%

can anyone tell me how to enable the "send document as attachment" option in word xp 2003 if it does not appear on the file menu? i have send to email recipient, but there is no option to send as attachment. i would appreciate it very much if anyone could help me out with this small (but extremely annoying) problem.

thanks in advance.

all the best,
beau

Relevancy 87.29%

I've worked up a Cricket scoring program, and I need a cell value to remain unchanged once it has been calculated. (For the game's aficionados, one value is runs scored at the end of each over, and another for runs total at each fall of wicket).
By trial and error I've got a sort of result, but I run into "circular function" error message on the first operation, but I can "cancel" out of that, and it doesn't occur again for the rest of the entries up to the final score result. So it's not an elegant solution. The rest of the prog's operations work perfectly.

As is plain, I'm no expert on Excel. Anybody have any ideas?

Relevancy 87.29%

I recently received a brand new Lenovo Thinkpad P ordered with the are Which the memory "faster", two "compatible"? is stick and basic GB of memory I also ordered an additional GB of memory from Crucial purportedly compatible with the P The P has four SODIMM memory sockets and can support up to x GB GB total non-ECC DDR MHz storage with its th-generation i - HQ HQ Intel CPUs It also can Which memory stick is "faster", and are the two "compatible"? come with Xeon E - M processor which can handle x GB GB of ECC memory I installed the GB of Crucial memory into one of the three remaining available memory sockets Which memory stick is "faster", and are the two "compatible"? not seeing anything in the documentation that it must be in a specific quot paired quot slot for best performance In other words the Lenovo memory came installed in what was slot located under the keyboard with what I'm guessing is actually quot paired quot adjacent slot next to it also located under the keyboard But I installed my additional GB of memory in what turned out to be slot in an instantly accessible location on the underside of the laptop gotten to immediately after removing the bottom cover The second adjacent quot paired quot to slot on the underside I assume would have been slot So I ended up with GB of memory in each of what I believe to be UN-PAIRED slots and The net result is performance behavior shown by CPUZ as quot single quot rather than quot dual quot as I would have expected and certainly wanted to obtain The question is why Is the issue that I didn't add the second GB to the corresponding quot paired quot slot which would have required me to remove the keyboard to get to to go along with the Lenovo GB of memory which was delivered in slot Or is the issue that the two memory sticks have slightly different timings and therefore the BIOS rejected them for quot dual quot operation To eliminate any possibility that is the different timing values for the two memory sticks which is at fault I've gone ahead and ordered a second GB of Crucial memory to match the first GB I'd already bought I plan to replace the GB of Samsung memory with this second GB of Crucial memory thus having an identical matched pair I also plan to move the Crucial memory currently installed in slot underside of laptop to instead by in slot under the keyboard And I will replace the Samsung memory currently installed in slot also underside of laptop with the second stick of Crucial memory This will then produce a matched pair of memory sticks with identical timing numbers in adjacent quot paired quot slots and Surely that should produce quot dual quot But in the meantime I really do have questions as I've posed above a Is it the choice of the wrong slot that I installed the second GB into which is causing the quot single quot behavior b Or is it the somewhat different timing values of the two memory cards which is the culprit c And for my own knowledge which of the cards Samsung or Crucial is the quot faster quot Do lower timing numbers imply faster performance in which case it seems the Samsung memory is faster Or do higher timing numbers imply faster performance in which case it seems the Crucial memory is faster Here are the outputs from CPUZ Notice GB total but running quot single quot And then there are the timing values for the Samsung slot and Crucial slot memory cards

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/389151-memory-stick-faster-two-compatible.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I am unable to save a Word document with changes/additions because it has become "read only". Can I change it back to an editable document?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-doc-became-read-only.1158406/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello, everyone. I'm new to the forum and having troubles using the "Columns" feature in Word. I've created a table using "Columns" with 4 columns of information on the first half of my Word document. For the last half of my document which is on the same page as my 4-column table, I need to switch back to one column so I can write a paragraph. However, when I switch back from 4 to 1 column, all of my info. in my 4-column table screws up. I've tried several options on the "Columns" feature and everytime my table screws up. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Relevancy 86.43%

I have a chart in an Excel spreadsheet, and it has several "series" in it. Some of the series are charted as "lines", and some are "areas" that fill in the entire background of anything from 0 to the value I have entered.

I have one particular series that is showing up as an "area" but I want it to be drawn as a "line" instead, so it DOESN'T fill in the area below it. I currently have the "background" as "none", but now I have a line from the last value down to "0", and that's what I want to avoid...

Thanks in advance!

A:Solved: Excel 2003 - how to change a chart data series from "area" to "line"??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2003-how-to-change-a-chart-data-series-from-area-to-line.688560/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm using Outlook 2003. I'm designing a new Contacts screen, which better suits the needs of my business.

I have been able to figure out how to everything except for this:

How to I design the "date" and "dollar amount" field values to default to blank/empty instead of defaulting to the word "None" in the case of the "date" field and "$0.00" in the case of the "dollar amount" field?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-outlook-2003-how-to-get-date-and-fields-to-default-to-blank-empty.651580/
Relevancy 84.71%

How can I lock the "Now" or "TODAY" or "Date" FUNCTIONs IN Excel 2003?

This seems like it would be a simple solution as everybody that deals with Excel, at some point, would be interested in not having the dates you have entered with either function "Today" or "Now" NOT automatically change to the current date and time when you reload the workbook. But if it's a simple fix, I sure haven't been able to figure it out yet. Help!!!!!!!!!!! Go ahead and show me and make me feel like an idiot...

zjoeyx

Relevancy 83.85%

Using Word 2007, I am unable to pin the "New" and "Open" Word Document to the Start Menu. I was able to do this in XP and Vista. I go to "All Programs" and can load Word but cannot find the options new/open. In Word I go to "Word Options" and it is not listed there either. Thanks.

A:Pinning "New" and "Open" Word document to start menu

Quote: Originally Posted by ADKR

Using Word 2007, I am unable to pin the "New" and "Open" Word Document to the Start Menu. I was able to do this in XP and Vista. I go to "All Programs" and can load Word but cannot find the options new/open. In Word I go to "Word Options" and it is not listed there either. Thanks.

ADKR,
I note that you have posted this question in Microsoft's Discussion Groups - Windows 7 - Word 2007 in Word General Questions.
Some reasonable replies were given to you that you didn't respond to. Did you actually try them?

This Tutorial written by our Brink would seem to be a reasonable alternative for you to use.
Quick Launch - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/77659-pinning-new-open-word-document-start-menu.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Word all messed up at the moment. Tool bars misssing and loads of other small annoying things.

How do I start from scratch with Word again ?

A:Getting "Default" or "factory" settings of Word back

Delete all occurances of normal.dot Make sure Word is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-default-or-factory-settings-of-word-back.292846/
Relevancy 82.56%

In Word, I have lost the "Symbols" line in the "Insert" menu. How can I get it back? Any help will be most welcome!

A:"Symbols" lost in "Insert" menu - Word

Rightclick the menu bar & choose "Customize" (sic) from the pop-up.

With the "Commands" tab uppermost, click on "Insert" under "Categories".

Scroll down the "Commands" list till you see it, then drag it to your "Insert" menu.

Rgds,
Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/symbols-lost-in-insert-menu-word.435609/
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi

Is it possible to start the app without "Security Worning" window ("Cancel. Open, More Info" buttons)? If yes, how you can make changes then?

Is it possible to start the app without "Microsoft Access" window on the background?

Thanks,
Barbos

A:Solved: Access 2003 - To start the app w/o "Security Warning" and "Microsoft Access"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-2003-to-start-the-app-w-o-security-warning-and-microsoft-access.837401/
Relevancy 78.69%

When I open some documents then always a warning popup appears in Word 2007:

"Word hyphenation feature is not available. RUn the MS Office Setup program..."

How can I permanently and forever disable this popup (without saving the document and without re-install some other parts of MS Office)?

Peter

A:Disable forever ""Word hyphenation feature is not avai"

In Add/Remove programs, select Microsoft Office 2007, then select CHANGE, select Advanced, select and expand Office Shared Features, select and expand Proofing Tools, select and expand English Proofing Tools (if you use English), then click on the little arrow at the side of Hyphenation and choose Run from My computer.
Click Continue.

Setup will then install the missing component. You may need your Office 2007 CD for this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/74308-disable-forever-word-hyphenation-feature-not-avai.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have been exploring how to make a backup so that if my computer dies I will have some record I assume that is what it means to put on a replacement computer to make it similar to the one I am using now I use Firefox so tried their FEBE extension FEBE Firefox Extension but that didn't seem what I wanted I then tried Tweaking com Registry Backup as I already have their Windows Repair Pro which I was advised to install in case I ever have problems in the future with something going wrong but have not had to use yet enough complete memory space stick? on backup" to empty left "Not 4GB Registry Backup but didn't understand how I could get that on to a new computer So I uninstalled both of those and have been trying to make a backup onto a memory stick but am running into problems that I will do my best to explain clearly I have tried two new GB memory sticks and followed the advice in Control Panel Backup and Restore The Start Computer screen confirms that Drive I the memory stick has GB free before I start All starts well but after a while I get the following message quot The disk that your backups are being saved on doesn't have enough free space quot and also says that "Not enough space left to complete backup" on 4GB empty memory stick? I only have MB free of the GB So I found a video and tried to follow the instructions carefully https www youtube com watch v ZRdkLClj rQ and did so until in The previous steps I followed were fine but I simply could not find the Windows Backup file I followed the instructions to delete that backup and tried again I then tried twice with a different new GB memory stick from a different supplier but had the same result At that point I came here and looked through the Tutorials but I am thoroughly confused and lost Please could some kind person help me make a backup Also I would really appreciate an explanation of what it actually will do if when I pop the memory stick into a new computer once this one eventually dies All and any help greatly appreciated please

A:"Not enough space left to complete backup" on 4GB empty memory stick?

Best to make a full copy (image) of your hard drive, to recover. The Windows backup only backs up certain files. You are still left to reinstall most everything (including Windows). The Marcrium Reflect (a UK company), free version, will do nicely. But, you need something more than a disc or flash drive. A USB connected hard drive would probably be best.
Macrium Software

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/377853-not-enough-space-left-complete-backup-4gb-empty-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi fellow Vistans This is a stick USB "DiskPart/clean" write-protected hosed weird one that no doubt delves deep into the belly of NTFS ADS technology I was preparing a USB stick by running "DiskPart/clean" hosed write-protected USB stick the diskpart clean command Two things are notable here First I started diskpart in a command window that started out being for Windows AIK Deployment Tools I don't think that's significant though When I invoked DiskPart it behaved normally Secondly the USB stick had some anti-malware strategies baked in I had two folders on it that were write-protected and one of them was named autorun inf This I believe is significant I ran DiskPart Clean and it seemed to go well But the subsequent List disk command showed the stick at GB with GB free which was incorrect Since then clicking on the stick in Explorer hangs windows fatally Disk Manager cannot "DiskPart/clean" hosed write-protected USB stick start its virtual disk service and diskpart in a command window will not start so "DiskPart/clean" hosed write-protected USB stick long as the stick is attached to the machine Chkdsk x hangs as well All this also holds true when I try the stick in the machine that originally formatted it a Win box In short I don't know how to wipe whatever has happened to the drive I think I just hosed a very nice GB USB stick and I'm not sure why

A:"DiskPart/clean" hosed write-protected USB stick

Hi,

Look here for some formating software & see if that can recover the disk: -

SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Formatting Software | Download | SD Memory Card | Digital AV | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global

Download Active@ Partition Manager

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292760-diskpart-clean-hosed-write-protected-usb-stick.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi I just bought a USB drive i e quot memory stick quot from Kingston It works fine on my Windows XP computer but on my Windows Pro x computer it is failing to work It is showing up under Control Panel gt System stick driver found" - USB Kingston "No Drive/memory gt Device Manager where it appears under quot other devices quot with the name of quot DT Rubber quot but it has a little quot quot in a yellow triangle And when I right click on it and select Properties the Device Status is quot The drivers for this device are not installed Kingston USB Drive/memory stick - "No driver found" Code quot however it cant find a driver either on my PC nor when it searches online Worse on the Kingston website it says that there aren't any drivers for this device products - Any suggestions J P S Here is some more about my USB Drive Manufacturer Kingston Model Data Traveller R Rubber Capacity GB Revision Number - A LF Written on the metal blade DTR GB - A LF V FE TAIWAN

A:Kingston USB Drive/memory stick - "No driver found"

I have several different model of Kingston USB thumb drives. I haven't had any problems using them in Windows 7 or Windows 8. Non of mine are USB 3 though, is the one your having problems with a USB 3 device? Even if it is it should be backwards compatible with USB 2.0. Have a look at this. Code 28: The drivers for this device are not installed

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/304468-kingston-usb-drive-memory-stick-no-driver-found.html
Relevancy 78.26%

No it doesn't need "fixing", but thanks for offering. No it doesn't need fixing this time either, but thanks anyway. Again? You forgot I didn't want it the last 100 times? Ok I've had enough.

My USB drives are set to not cache information, so as long as the data transfer light isn't flashing when I pull the memory stick out from the PC, there's pretty much no way anything can get corrupted. I've done it hundreds of times over the past few years, and never had a problem -Vista is too clever for its own good, and this is a prime example of this. USB is hot swappable!

Does anyone know a registry fix to stop that annoying "scan and fix" prompt coming up every time you plug in a removable storage device into a PC infected with Vista?

A:Registry fix to stop Vista asking to "scan and fix" USB memory stick?

Hi, I think you may misunderstand what "hot swappable" means. Basically you can add a device to a computer without having to reboot to take effect. It is plug and play, now even if you have disabled write cache current can still be running through the device and removing it can corrupt data thats why we have "safely remove hardware". What you have done is ignore convention and now have corrupted your external device. Use command prompt at the prompt use the assigned drive letter and run chkntfs /I or whatever the drive is should only bother you once more .. DO not blame the system for your failure to understand it ... Learn first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/registry-fix-to-stop-vista-asking-to-scan-and-fix-usb-memory-stick-336267.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Immediately after purchasing an GB USB flash drive with the intention of running portable applications off it on the Installation for portable on USB apps problem "memory stick" various Windows XP machines I have to use I had Installation problem for portable apps on USB "memory stick" installed the Portable Apps Base http portableapps com suite and then through it several applications including OpenOffice Portable Firefox portable and Tucan Portable Probably after using the drive on one of my office computers some files and folders seemed to become corrupted After trying unsuccessfully to delete mysterious un-openable files with special characters in their names that appeared seemingly from nowhere I formated the drive After formating I was able to copy data and music files from my computer s hard drive to the flash drive correctly However I am now unable to properly re-install the PortableApps Base program on the flash drive Thus the main purpose of buying it is defeated The PortableApps software does seem to install but when I double-click on the StartPortableApps exe icon on the flash drive F Software Portable StartPortableApps exe I get various error messages Sometimes the message says that only part of the read request could be executed and sometimes I get quot StartPortableApps exe has encountered a problem and needs to close quot I got the latter after scanning the drive with an antivirus no virus detected and then checking the drive for errors F - gt right clock - gt Properties - gt Tools - gt Error checking As a lay person my guess is that something necessary for properly installing the programs was lost when I formated the drive However I do not see why this should happen because the hard drive on my home computer has been formated more than once when it became infected but there was never any problem with installing software afterwards I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to install the software on the flash drive again Regards nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

How would I copy my saved photos on memory stick to the computer's photo "Library"? I see a "send to", but I don't want to lose the copies on the mem stick. Thanks.

A:Copying photos from mem stick to "Library" on computer.

Open the relevant library folder, then open the flash drive in a new window. Select all of the files you want to copy (or do them one at a time if you like) then right click and hold, drag to the library folder, release right click and choose 'Copy here'.

Example below, substitute 'Gav's Pictures' for your flash drive and my F: drive as your destination library folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331905-copying-photos-mem-stick-library-computer.html
Relevancy 78.26%

My USB stick has suddenly just started saying "unknown device" when i plug it into my laptop. i don't know why it's suddenly just started saying it, but i've plugged it into my brothers laptop and it still says the same thing. I have no idea what to do and all my gcse work is on it and i haven't got it saved anywhere else so i'm really desperate for a solution. PLEASE HELP ME :'(

A:USB Memory Stick just started saying "unknown device"

How is it reported in Disk Management ? ?
Right clik My Computer...select Manage...then Disk Management...
Right clik the USB stik and select Properties...
If it says "RAW" then it's been unplugged prematurely 1 too many times and your data may be gone...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/194037-usb-memory-stick-just-started-saying-unknown-device.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I bought a cheap USB 1GB stick at WalMart ($9.96). It's not a "Lexar", but my guess is that it was made in the same factory in Taiwan. The brand name is "iLogic". I have a Lexar brand name USB Stick too, and that DOES show up as removable media.

It works just fine, but it's showing up as a fixed disk, not removeable.

Here's how it shows up in "My Computer":

And it doesn't even show up at all as removable media in the "Computer Management Console":

This isn't really a big deal since the thing works anyway, but I'm wondering why it's showing up that way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-stick-showing-up-as-fixed-local-disk.803160/
Relevancy 78.26%

I just got a new 16GB SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 flash drive that says Local disk instead of Removable Disk, which all the other USB flash drives do.
I did uninstall its driver, replugged and it still shows as Local Disk.

A:Flash stick showing as "Local Disk"

This is usually a driver issue (99% of the time). there are a ton of articles about how to turn a flash drive into a local drive using a third party driver. My suggestion would be to contact SanDisk directly and hopefully they have an answer. By uninstalling the drivers then letting windows install the "same" drivers again your issue won't go away. Another suggestion is to look at the SanDisk website for compatible drivers.

I have seen where someone wants a program installed on a removable drive for security reasons the drive could be removed to prevent others from running said program. in order to install it the removable drive needs to be converted to local drive.

it could also be a USBstor.sys file that is corrupt. (again it's a driver issue) see this on MS forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/299263-flash-stick-showing-local-disk.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello. I have a problem with the notification area settings: they do not "stick" after reboot. The program icons that I want to see in the notification area are hidden, but some system icons like sound, network, power settings and action center icons are not hidden (I guess it's the default behavior).

How do I make windows save the changes to my notification area and keep them once I reboot ?

A:Notification area settings do not "stick" after reboot

Hello kakadas,

Do you have Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar box checked?

Notification Area Icons - Hide or Show System Icons and Notifications - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60137-notification-area-settings-do-not-stick-after-reboot.html
Relevancy 78.26%

When I plug my memory stick into the computer, a new drive appears as you would expect it to, but when I try and open this drive, it acts as if its a disk drive without a disk in, meaning I can't attempt a reformat of the memory stick or anything :S

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to make my memory stick usable?

A:"Please Insert Disk"... On a memory stick drive?

Try starting disk management to see if the flash drive is visible and whether or not it is partitioned and formatted. If so, should look like Disk 3 in the attached snapshot ... if not you may need to partition although these drives normally come preformatted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-insert-disk-on-a-memory-stick-drive.160048/
Relevancy 78.26%

I am trying to map a drive on Windows and get it to stick. Right now it is mapping, but as soon as the user logs off and logs back on, it is there but it says disconnected. We have to go there, and set it up again. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Hans

A:Mapping a linux drive on Windows and getting it to "Stick"

I assume that by "Linux drive" you mean a directory shared with Sambe..

"Set it up again" means what?

What happens when you try to open this disconnected drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mapping-a-linux-drive-on-windows-and-getting-it-to-stick.68519/
Relevancy 78.26%

Whenever I try to put my SD card in the reader or a memory stick in the USB ports, I get the error message "E:\ Application Not Found". What does this mean? It's really weird, they were fine last week, and now all of a sudden none of them work? I'm not very technologically savvy, so please forgive me. I just checked the drivers and they are all updated, so what could it be? I can open the either one if I go to My Computer and right click, but I get that error message whenever I simply put them in. Any help would be appreciated!

A:"E:\ Application Not Found" SD card and memory stick

Hi,

We can try two methods to check if the issue gets fixed:

Method 1 (If autorun.inf file is present):

1. Go to control panel then folder options.
2. Press tab view and check view hidden files and folders.
3. Then go to the device not opening and explore it.
4. Look if you see autorun.inf and if present delete it.
5. Then disconnect USB device from system and reconnect it.

Method 2 (If autorun.inf file isn't present):

Go to command prompt, click Start and type the following command:
attrib -s -r -h X:\autorun.inf

Press enter and then type the following command:
del X:\autorun.inf

Press enter and after this disconnect USB device from system and reconnect it.
To go to command prompt following the steps mentioned below:
1. Click Start.
2. Type in Search box CMD.
3. Right Click on CMD and RUN AS ADMIN.
4. Then type in attrib -s -r -h X:\autorun.inf.
Note: Please notice that X means the drive letter (E:\, F:\, etc).

If the above steps do not work, in CMD type sfc /scannow. Please use the following link for detailed instructions: System Files - SFC Command

Note: Ensure that the data is backed up from the memory stick before you follow above mentioned steps.

Please post back with the results.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298435-e-application-not-found-sd-card-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I just got my second 4gb memory stick pro duo card from a retailer and they both make my computer go into the Blue screen of death. When i place the card into the adapter and into my computer it goes directly to this screen.

Now it doesn't do this when i used the same adapter with my other 128mb card, but both of the 4gb cards are giving me this problem.

Please someone help me with a way to fix this problem, i need to transfer alot of songs onto this card and the usb cable is taking waaaaayyyy to long...

Oh..... If it helps, The card is a sandisk and my computer is a Dell M140.

thanks in advance...

A:Memory Stick Pro Duo --- "Blue Screen Of Death"

anybody????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-pro-duo-blue-screen-of-death.564837/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,

I have started getting this as an error message on opening Word 2007.

"Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable."

Am not able to save any word document. Also, on trying to close Word I get this error message;

"Changes have been made that affect the global template, Normal.dot. Do you want to save those changes?"

Have checked my environment variables, User Variables are set to as under;

Variable - Value
Temp - C: Documents and Settings/ABC/Local Settings/Temp
TMP - C: Documents and Settings/ABC/Local Settings/Temp

Also, the Value in the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER >Software >Microsoft >Windows >CurrentVersion >Explorer >User Shell Folders >Cache is as %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files.

Pls assist in resolving this issue.

A:Word 2007 Error Message: "Word could not create the work file."

There are 2 registry paths to change:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER >Software >Microsoft >Windows >CurrentVersion >Explorer >Shell Folders
HKEY_CURRENT_USER >Software >Microsoft >Windows >CurrentVersion >Explorer >User Shell Folders

Both have the "Cache" String which should be changed. And the correct Win7 Cache path in both entries is

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Termporary Internet Files

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/91061-word-2007-error-message-word-could-not-create-work-file.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I wondering if it is possible to share an internet connection on a laptop that is using these new wireless go anywhere usb sticks.
A customer who is out of range from any high speed internet providers has purchase a USB stick device (Cell phone) connection. He has other computers and wants to set up an wireless network to share the internet signal.

Any thoughts - is this even possible.
I thought of using internet connection sharing to a wireless router.

A:Sharing internet with wireless "G" stick

You can use ICS and connect a wireless router as an access point, a bit cleaner. Here's the cookbook.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharing-internet-with-wireless-g-stick.797241/
Relevancy 77.4%

This is an odd one me thinks!

I have seem to lost the icon for my USB stick from "My Computer" but if I go to computer management I can see it and access it from there. It does not have a drive letter so I thought that might be the problem I gave it an unassociated drive letter but it still does not appear on "My Computer" even after a reboot.

I have reinstaled service pack 2 and downloaded or think I have the USB drivers for windows but still nothing My usb printer is working fine though so is the USB calbe to my phone (but the software for both is already installed on the machine) There is no software for my kingston stick and the computer sees it as LEXAR DIGITAL FILM USB DEVICE on "safely remove hardware"

If anyone has any ideas please shoot

Rich

Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Here's the problem. For some oddball reason, the font size has changed in the "Normal" box to Times New Roman 10 in some of my .doc files, but other .doc files remain the default TNR 12 size.
How do I set it so the Normal reading is Times new Roman 12 as it was for all .doc files before?
:
:
My error: The title should have read:
:
"Normal" font size has changed for some reason (Word 2K)

A:"Normal" type & font size has changed for some reason (Word2K)

Hi, Gary.

Open Word.
Format--Font, change to whatever you like.
Hit the Default button at lower-left of the dialog.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/normal-type-font-size-has-changed-for-some-reason-word2k.126130/
Relevancy 76.11%

This is very strange I have two machines both essentially identical One is called MDR and the "leading" What font in Firefox?? caused (vertical to shrink space) other is called DFW They both have ATI video cards HD in DFW with Catalyst driver and HD in DFW with Catalyst driver Same exact set of fonts installed on both machines Yesterday I was forced to restore a system image on one of them MDR from two weeks ago No problems existed at the time I What caused font "leading" (vertical space) to shrink in Firefox?? took that system image and there's no problem now that I've restored it However I now have an issue with Firefox What caused font "leading" (vertical space) to shrink in Firefox?? on that machine which has just been restored on some forum sites including this one SevenForums where the quot line density quot of text is increased from what it used to be In other words although the font is the same type and size as it used to be for some reason the blank space between each line i e the quot leading quot seems to be reduced from what it was previously so that the lines are quot denser quot and closer together vertically The actual width of the forum window is identical on both machines but on the problem machine MDR it looks like more horizontal space of each line is being used than the same line uses on DFW and the lines are closer together vertically on MDR What could have caused this now when it certainly wasn't the case on the system when that image was originally taken I immediately noticed something strange after the restore and this is the objective evidence Is there some way to change the quot leading quot on the font used for SevenForums and several other forums as well Here's a side-by-side of a few paragraphs Note the vertical spacing difference as well as the free-form variable pitch horizontal calculations and spacing which caused the number of words per line to differ Note that the third paragraph takes four lines on one machine and three lines on the other Here's an over-under of the two windows Note that they are exactly the same width as far as the forum frame is concerned But the free-form variable pitch font used simply appears differently on the two machines Anybody have the answer I'd sure like to get MDR back to the way it used to look which was identical to the way DFW looks and how MDR used to look before yesterday's system image restore Doesn't seem like repeating the system image restore should produce any different results but I suppose I could just try it again taking a current image that I can restore back to again if I have to of the currently restored system which is strangely malfunctioning in this way Does anybody know the exact font which is used in SevenForums Is this Segoe Regular or something else

A:What caused font "leading" (vertical space) to shrink in Firefox??

Well... I have solved my own problem.

I don't know how/why the restore of the Macrium Reflect system image from 9/14 on MDR would have had any effect whatsoever on PREFS.JS for Firefox on that machine, but apparently it must have. Or, something else adjacent to that system image restore actually caused a change in PREFS.JS. Don't know.

But I'm going to do further research into this as I have time-based backups going well back and I will be able to absolutely confirm what I have now discovered as the explanation for this anomaly... which is that it was actually a change to one crucial line in PREFS.JS for Firefox which was responsible for the "leading" change on the SevenForums site, among others, because of the default font used on this site.

Anyway, just as an experiment, since both DFW and MDR are really almost identical (especially in my setup of Firefox on both machines) today I decided to just copy the PROFILES files for Firefox from my "working" machine (DFW) to my "shrunken" machine (MDR), to see if that would make the font display and "leading" on SevenForums now once again appear "more spacious". I actually first saved all of the current PROFILES contents, then deleted all of them, then copied all of the PROFILES contents from DFW to MDR, and then opened Firefox on MDR.

And, amazingly... sure enough IT DID FIX THE PROBLEM! The "leading" on SevenForums was once again back to "normal", as it had been previously before the system image restore which somehow had caused the damage.

I then did a folder/file compare of the current PROFILES contents (which was now on MDR but copied from DFW, and which was now displaying properly) to the saved original PROFILES contents from MDR (which was displaying shrunken). And of all the files which were different, it appeared that PREFS.JS would be the most likely file to reveal some critical internal difference.

So I compared PREFS.JS (normal) from DFW/MDR to the original PREFS.JS saved for MDR (shrunken). And of all the lines which were understandably and reasonably different, there was one line which seemed suspiciously relevant:

Code:
MDR shrunken: user_pref("intl.charsetmenu.browser.cache", "Big5, windows-1251, us-ascii, UTF-8, ISO-8859-1");

DFW/MDR normal: user_pref("intl.charsetmenu.browser.cache", "UTF-8, windows-1252, ISO-8859-1, EUC-KR, Big5");
In other words, it was obviously some type of font-related setting (though I hadn't actually changed any of the few basic font-related options available for user customization) found in PREFS.JS which was somehow responsible for the "reduced leading".

And of those two lines, certainly the one obvious difference which is very very suspicious, and very likely the explanation, is WINDOWS-1251 vs. WINDOWS-1252.

I believe this font must be Segoe Normal 10, which I believe is the font used by default in this forum's software. And I'll bet that the WINDOWS-1251 code page looks slightly different than WINDOWS-1252 insofar as its "leading" and horizontal spacing.

In fact, I was so convinced of my discovery that I decided to try replacing just that one line in PREFS.JS (which specified WINDOWS-1252 and was now "working normally again" on MDR) with the original line from the saved PREFS.JS (which specified WINDOWS-1251 and was causing reduced "leading"), to see if I could bring back the "failure".

And... sure enough... with just that one line put back into PREFS.JS (on MDR, but copied from DFW, and which specified WINDOWS-1252) from the saved PREFS.JS (which was on the malfunctioning MDR, and which specified WINDOWS-1251), sure enough I was able to once again bring back the reduced "leading"!!

And restoring that one line back to the one which specified WINDOWS-1252, well I was once again able to get the "leading" back to "normal".
I th... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/255202-what-caused-font-leading-vertical-space-shrink-firefox.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello,

I have just finished designing a ".PDF" through Adobe InDesign CS3. The file is an invoice template that I will modify and export in ".PDF" format to send to clients.

What I was wondering was whether there is an issue with the fonts being used, and whether they would only display on other users machines (providing they didn't have the font installed on their system) in a substitute font?

For example, if I use the 'Calibri' font in the invoice, and I send the invoice as a ".PDF" to a client who does not have 'Calibri' installed on their computer, will it substitute the font with something else?

If so, is the only way around that to do the 'Create Outlines' action to each font element in the document prior to exporting it from Adobe InDesign CS3 as a ".PDF" file?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Creating ".PDF" Documents In Adobe InDesign CS3 (Font Publication)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-creating-pdf-documents-in-adobe-indesign-cs3-font-publication.589402/
Relevancy 76.11%

I can't find my font I want to use in Window Color and Apperance, I'm using in all my themes, programs (that I can change) and everything, but I can't find it in this.

A:Can't find specific font in "Window Color and Apperance"

Do you have that font installed?

Are you asking about the fonts that show up in the list as in the screenshot below?

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/310185-cant-find-specific-font-window-color-apperance.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Windows 8 comes with a whole lot of fonts pre-installed, quite a few of which I do not need and are merely cluttering up the place. I would especially like to get rid of the specialised fonts for Japanese, Chinese, Hebrew, Arabic, Indian etc, etc & so 4th.

However, for many of them, when I try to delete them, I get the message that they are "protected system fonts". Surely, there aren't that many system fonts? Can we not get rid of or hide these fonts any more? Surely they are an unnecessary drain on resources, and boot-time extenders?

A:Cannot delete surplus fonts: "protected system font"

Hello Dogmatix,

Yes, you can still hide system fonts if you like. It's the same way used in Windows 7 below.

Fonts - Show and Hide - Windows 7 Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/9244-cannot-delete-surplus-fonts-protected-system-font.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I want to add an "Arial Narrow" font to Windows 2000 Professional. Is there a way to copy it from Windows XP and do that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/arial-narrow-font-for-windows-2000-professional.432001/
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello I have been struggling to resolve this issue for the post month or so The problem is that when trying to print from any program the program stops responding Along with this if I errors printing "Not or with Responding" Help selecting font when try to select a font in word is also stops responding With both issues I can wait a couple of minutes and the program will start working again allowing me to print or select a font The errors that I get in the event log are print spooler errors What really confuses me is that this has all worked Help with "Not Responding" errors when printing or selecting font flawlessly since early and then these issues popped up Important info Windows Ultimate x sp on the main network computer One other computer on the network running windows XP sp Epson artisan network printer Samsung ml- printers One connected to each computer What I have tried I have updated the drivers for all printers Removed and reinstalled all printers Set a static IP for the network printer Any help would be very appreciated This is for work and has been a major hang up lately

A:Help with "Not Responding" errors when printing or selecting font

Quote: Originally Posted by jshuman

What really confuses me is that this has all worked flawlessly since early 2010, and then these issues popped up.

May not be much of an answer, but if you've been running your currently installed Win7 system since probably late 2009 (which was also around the time I first installed mine), maybe you're do for a fresh reinstall?

I went about a year on my initial install, and was quite amazed at the remarkable stability and "effective lifetime before a new install was appropriate" of Win7 as compared to earlier Windows versions.

But late in 2010, I decided it was finally ok to eliminate WinXP and that alternative boot partition, and used it as the opportunity to reinstall Win7 from scratch as the proper course of action. Plus, I'd kind of "experimented" during the year trying out various add-ons and then maybe backing them out (perhaps not quite as completely as one would hope). Results of normal day-to-day operation began to exhibit the usual signs of "registry corruption" and odd behavior, similar to what used to trigger the desire to reinstall WinXP say every 6 months... to "clean house".

Then, in around March of 2011, I decided I'd actually like to have WinXP back, and once again took the opportunity to install both WinXP (in a much more leaned-down implementation, just installing the specific applications for what I needed it for) and then Win7 again.

My Win7 this third time has turned out to be fantastic, in its stability and reliability. Everything works exactly as expected, with no anomalies.

Might you consider that full reinstall option as your "solution"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/168564-help-not-responding-errors-when-printing-selecting-font.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I'm using MS Outlook 2000 and I would like to use the color BLUE for my fonts by default when ever I create/compose new mail.

When ever I go FORMAT, FONTS, on the menu bar to change it, the next new mail I create will default back to BLACK.

Does anybody know how to set the color and use it as default.

Thanks in advance....

Charlton

Relevancy 76.11%

Do you happen to know where I can download the seguisym.ttf font package for Windows 8? I was downloaded a huge set of fonts I've been collecting over the years, and by accident, they pollutes the Windows 8 font and character symbols set. Now all my arrows and other Metro interface icons are missing, replaced by small rectangular boxes. Help!

A:Where can I download the "seguisym.ttf" font package for Windows 8?

Its there already.(SegoeUIsym.ttf) However you need to use something like charmap to view it. Alternatively a file manager like 7-zip will show the font file in the Windows\Fonts folder. Explorer will not open the fonts folder as a normal file folder - it opens it in Control Panel instead, hiding many of the system fonts and only showing the basic character set.

(The segoeUIsym.ttf in Windows 7 has not got the metro tile icons set in it. Perhaps if the Windows 7 file was put in the Windows 8 Fonts folder it would thoroughly trash metro - anyone up for it?)

That wasn't very helpful was it? Sorry, I should have read the original post properly.

You need your original install media for windows 8, and something that will open the /sources/install.wim file. I would recommend 7-zip:
Download

With 7-Zip installed, navigate to /sources/install.wim and right-click it. Select the 7-zip option on the menu, and open the install.wim.

In the 7-zip file manager navigate to windows\fonts, and find seguisym.ttf.

Simply drag it to your desktop. You can close 7-zip. Right-click the seguisym.ttf file on the desktop, amd select install, and replace any version that may be there already, and you should be ok.

I'd reboot, then check out metro.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/5818-where-can-i-download-seguisym-ttf-font-package-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I found only one page at Sage that deals with this problem; but, the condition of "hundreds of fonts" does not exist on this system and deleting unnecessary fonts does not help.

Does anyone know where to get this font -- free.

Or maybe simply copying the font to the Fonts folder will not necessarily fix the problem. In thgat case, does anyone know of another solution?

A:Act! aborts with "required arial font for Act! is not present"

I don't use Act!, but went to their site and discovered that you can get that error message if the Tahoma font is corrupted or missing. That font is installed as part of Windows. Have you tried doing a Word document using the Tahoma font, and if so, do you get an error message? If so, that's the problem. You can reinstall fonts by following the instructions here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/act-aborts-with-required-arial-font-for-act-is-not-present.981539/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi everyone,
I was playing with some screenshot maker software and I was setting some shortcuts. I unfortunatly pressed Alt+Shift+Printscr and the Windows' theme changed to High Contrast. When I pressed the shortcut again the theme changed back to normal, but the system font kindof "glitched" and I cant get it back to the default one.

What shall I do?

Thanks
HRoland

A:System font "glitched" and cant get it back to normal...

And i just discovered that all of my fonts suddenly disappeared...

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/64692-system-font-glitched-cant-get-back-normal.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Is there a way to change the font size of the programs listing? I've tried every individual setting under the advanced appearance tab and none seem to have an effect on this. Is this one of the unchangables 'ol Bill put in Windows? Thanks.

Relevancy 76.11%

I get this error at computer start up after I uninstalled a game and updated adobe. I tried restarting and it wont fix itself. The font for most of my stuff is all weird and either bold, italicized, or just not normal. How do I fix?

A:"unable to create font arial" error

i itreid closing everythign and restarting a few tims,I still got my computers font all messed up for most of my programs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-create-font-arial-error-433810.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Anybody here recognize the font used for this 1960's record album cover? Is there a Windows compatible font file available (freeware would be nice) that matches or comes very close. Found a free font called Bell Bottom Laser but it is a bit too rounded.

Relevancy 76.11%

Don't know what I did, but the font in My Document folders turned blue. All font color within folders are blue, too; like picture captions in My Pictures. Does this mean something?

JMM

Relevancy 76.11%

Hey guys Just wanted to not programs "stick" to Getting in Superbar together shoot off a quick question hoping someone has run into this and could offer a helpful suggestion Firstly I have setup the Windows superbar to never group programs and they appear similar to the way they do in Windows XP I am now trying to figure out a way to get the programs to not quot stick quot together e g when I launch firefox all of the firefox icons Getting programs to not "stick" together in Superbar open up adjacent to one another instead of at the end of the last application that was opened I know this is probably a rare request because everyone Getting programs to not "stick" together in Superbar seems to love the way the Superbar currently works but I figure it never hurts to ask Also I would politely request that if you intend to contribute to this thread with a response that is akin to quot just get used to the new superbar quot than I ask you to kindly ignore this post and continue along with your life

A:Getting programs to not "stick" together in Superbar

Nope there is no way offered to do that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/37597-getting-programs-not-stick-together-superbar.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I use Windows XP and MS Office Getting settings Language to "stick"?? apps I live in a Getting Language settings to "stick"?? non-English-speaking country but have International English versions of software and I write in English generally I have corporate-provided or self-made templates for Word Excel PPT and I have set the default language in these to English UK HOWEVER Word and PowerPoint tend to ignore this most of the time When I open a new PPT template I have to manually change text fields on every page to English - regardless of the slide master having them set to English they default to Swedish - what s going on Is there a trick I m missing If I go back to the slide master in whatever document I m working in it still shows English as default but doesn t behave that way Word has the same thing happen - I have all my templates based on the Normal dot and have the Normal dot set to English as well as each individual template - but each new document Getting Language settings to "stick"?? starts off thinking it is Swedish Not as big a deal in Word cause I use the Automatically detect language feature - but PPT doesn t seem to have that Any suggestions for how to get PPT speaking my Getting Language settings to "stick"?? language Or am I stuck changing it each time Thanks nbsp

A:Getting Language settings to "stick"??

Hello, me again, the poster. I notice that lots of people have read my post, but no replies - I'm new here, so just wondering - did I not ask the question clearly enough? Or is this stumping everyone? I was very impressed by the handful of replies I read and the knowledge on this forum - I'm sure someone out there can help!

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-language-settings-to-stick.339612/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a strange activation problem with Activation 7 will Windows not "stick" a relatively new machine Windows 7 Activation will not "stick" from Cyberpower I am an advanced user and have built a variety of systems in the past The OS is Windows bit SP Apparently when the system was built a quot temporary quot OEM activation code was used since I assume they copy an image onto each machine they build Windows 7 Activation will not "stick" and the user is supposed to change the code on the side of the machine It is quite surprising that they did not activate it with the proper code Or possibly they did and the machine suffered from the problem below when it left the factory So shortly after I got the machine I had problems with messages about not being properly activated and MSE stopped working and updates would not be received When I realized that there was an activation problem I read the code on the side of the machine and changed the activation code in the system accordingly by going into Computer gt Properties and changing the code in that window After I entered the new activation code the message came up that this could take a while as apparently MS was checking things out on the Internet Shortly after that a message came through that the code was accepted and the machine was properly registered amp activated with MS And all was now well However since then the same thing has happened twice again This last time was a few days ago The proper code was accepted I rebooted and then I went to check the code in the system via right-clicking on quot computer quot and selecting quot properties quot the old OEM code was back so I'll have the same problem again and again I contacted CyberPower and they advised me to run the install again But that would wipe out all the installed software and take me a long time The machine did not come with a MS Windows disk but there is a CyberPower disk with Windows SP But I don't know if a quot repair quot install would fix this problem What the devil is going on I assume there is a registry key that I can access and edit to permanently change the code but I do not know the proper procedure I've activated dozens machine in the past and never had this problem There must be a way to correct the activation code and have the system properly register it in the Registry and keep it registered I can handle Registry edits but I need the steps to do it Does anyone have a solution here

A:Windows 7 Activation will not "stick"

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once saved, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
- **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
How to Tell

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-activation-will-not-stick-696560.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I had viruses thatw were caught and deleted by Panda s Online scanner but after that ny browser IE just freeze and IE "stick". just suddenly ??? will freezes a lot now I have to Alt ctrl del to open the Task Mangr and then close it for it IE to unstick What could be making this happen IE just suddenly will freeze and "stick". ??? Below is a HJT log so is there anything causing this freeze Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system IE just suddenly will freeze and "stick". ??? svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C IE just suddenly will freeze and "stick". ??? PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files support com bin tgcmd exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C program files microangelo muamgr exe C documents and settings owner desktop ron s files regprot regprot exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Stardock TrayServer exe C Program Files GhostSurf Proxy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop Ron s Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO no name - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - Toolbar Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - HKLM Run BlockTracker c hp bin BlockTracker exe O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run AutoTBar C hp bin autotbar exe O - HKLM Run Recguard C W... Read more

Relevancy 76.11%

I right-click a folder on my desktop, then Properties, then Customize, and then "Optimize this folder for:" say, Music, and check "Also apply this template to all subfolders". Then Apply and OK.

Next time I open the folder, it's optimized for "General Items" again --what am I missing here?

A:Why won't folder customization "stick"?

Have you tried the option "Apply to all folders" it's in Folder Options, and then change every folder back to normal view? I don't remember the exact location co'z it's been a long time since I used "Windows Explorer" I'm using Directory Opus since last 3 Months and Trust me it's 100x times better than this windows explorer crap.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/206289-why-wont-folder-customization-stick.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Just this really. And then I have to go to task manager and close it down and open it again but I can't get any work done as I can't save anything. I just installed the windows 8.1 patch two days ago. Any ideas anyone?

A:Word stops working when I press "save" or "save as"

Hey tra,

Go into control panel's uninstall programs section, find office, and select 'change'. Click repair, restart, and let me know if that helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/39264-word-stops-working-when-i-press-save-save.html
Relevancy 75.25%

In Word there is a field called Macro Button On some of my forms where technicians make quality control tests on equipment these tests were listed as steps and on the right side of the test form I used a MacroButton for each step These buttons start out as just a plain white button If the quality control test for that step passes the technician clicks on the button and it turns green and says Pass If the step fails the tech clicks the button again and it turns red and says Failed There are a couple of other conditions assigned to the buttons ie N A Field to fix etc If you keep clicking on the button it goes through all the conditions and come back to the beginning Blank Button Is "MacroButton" Excel equivilant "MacroButton" in there like field Word. the a in The Blank Button has a Green - Pass macro tied to it so that when the Blank Button is clicked the Green - Pass macro runs which replaces the Blank Button with a Green Button That now Green Button has a Red - Fail macro tied to it so that when the Green Button is clicked the Red - Fail Is there a "MacroButton" equivilant in Excel like the "MacroButton" field in Word. macro runs which replaces the Green Button with a Red - Fail Button And so on Each time you click the button it changes state and eventually comes back to the beginning In other words these buttons are sort of toggles and continue around and around Now with all that said I am way more fluent in Word Macros than I am in Excel Macros What I want to know is anyone knows how to duplicate that feat in Excel As far I know Excel doesn t have anything like the MacroButton I am in the process of making similar forms only they have to be in Excel instead of Word If anyone is interested I ll post the macros and you can try it out in Word nbsp

A:Is there a "MacroButton" equivilant in Excel like the "MacroButton" field in Word.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-a-macrobutton-equivilant-in-excel-like-the-macrobutton-field-in-word.876849/
Relevancy 75.25%

So far I've noticed this layout view (screenshot: http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/7585/ss1kv.png) as being unique to MS Word for Mac. Is that correct?

I plan on getting an netbook soon which will have Windows 7 as its operating system. Does Microsoft Word for Windows have this notebook layout view? If not, does anyone know any alternative softwares, preferably but not necessarily free of charge?

Thanks for your time.

A:MS Word's "notebook view" Layout: Is this available on Windows MS Word? or only Mac?

All I have found is that this is a MAC feature only.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-words-notebook-view-layout-is-this-available-on-windows-ms-word-or-only-mac.1021412/
Relevancy 75.25%

I use Word Perfect 11 and want to send documents, letters etc I have created in WP to others who use Microsoft Word. Is there a way when I go to save my files that I should save in a particular format that they will be able to open and read ?
Tks for any help
Budo

Relevancy 75.25%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 75.25%

I read through this thread invalid fonts issue but can't get past the administrator permission issue. I am the administrator so why am I denied access to change or add ttf? Better yet, how do I fix that? And, better question, why would this be so hard to do? It's just fonts!!

A:I don't get the "invalid font", administrator permission. Need help.

Well, some progress to report. Apparently I needed to right click on CMD before opening in order to run as administrator. I have installed the ttf fonts but have other issues & will start a new post on that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/227692-i-dont-get-invalid-font-administrator-permission-need-help.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Cherrio,

Got the "my computer scan online" virus off Facebook ;clicked close button- kaplow.

Formatted 4 times now
Ran- hi jack this, norton, avira, malware bytes, msoft sec essentials. which found the trojans first go but all the rest come up ok multiple times. and the font systemwide is garbled and crappy.

The particulars = When video card is updated to 2010 driver (geforce 6600. yeah a 05 card) the font is normal and videocard wont work.

When i format the font is clear for a few minutes then garbled back again for good.

should i get anew card?

Bless.

screen capture has eluded me so far

A:Corrupt font after "SCAN" virus...

1. Reformat and clean install the system, make sure there is no malware
2. Get the right driver for your card, GF6600 is quite old and not every driver will work - not necessarily the latest (know this from my own experience, a few years ago I had GF6600 AGP8x)
3. Stress test it FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net
4. If you see any artifacts at standard clocks, especially if you see them before you log in to windows, that means the card bit the dust. Hopefully not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/116602-corrupt-font-after-scan-virus.html
Relevancy 75.25%

OK I received great help with my lost font problem and have it corrected so I post font" problem log, "lost HJT My marked the post as completed Now My HJT log, post "lost font" problem I would appreciate if someone would look over my HJT log I have updated and ran both AdAware and Spybot fixed problems rebooted and then re-ran Following that I have ran HJT Can you take a look at the new logfile and see if I need to make some modifications Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS GWMDMMSG exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c My HJT log, post "lost font" problem progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbvbmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Program Files Microsoft Broadband Networking MSBNTray exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbvbmon exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Executive Software DiskeeperLite DKService exe C WINDOWS ehome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso My HJT log, post "lost font" problem mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Lanovation PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults stp ymsgr http my yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe O - HKLM Run Jet Detection quot C Program Files Creative SBAudigy PROGRAM ADGJDet exe quot O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run GWMDMpi C WINDOWS GWMDMpi exe O - HKLM Run GWMDMMSG GWMDMMSG exe O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee ... Read more

A:My HJT log, post "lost font" problem

bump;
i see a couple, but maybe more- perhaps ask a moderator here to move this to the security forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-hjt-log-post-lost-font-problem.315431/
Relevancy 75.25%

I am using a program called quot Belarc Advisor quot to provide a friend with a written report of their system specs When I have used this program before it has always printed the report in a very clean and professional-looking font This person's computer uses WinME and Belarc's report comes up printed with some weird squiggly quot Kiddy quot font like it was written by a yo girl It's ugly hard to read in Font Advisor Belarc "Kiddy" and looks unprofessional As I have never seen Belarc to do this before I have to assume that this is some type of quot default "Kiddy" Font in Belarc Advisor quot font of the friends WinME But I have searched all over the computer looking for a setting to change so that I don't see this font anymore and cannot find anything that works I see no example of this font in any of the options or themes The only quot anomoly quot I notice is that when I go to the quot Display Properties gt Appearance quot menu the quot font quot options are grey-out I don't think this is normal and don't know how to change it Or even if that would work but it is all I can figure out Is this normal Could this be a Hijacking of some sort Data corruption Any help appreciated thanks in advance Johnny

A:"Kiddy" Font in Belarc Advisor

only post the same problem once,when someone comes online that can help they will
belarc prints off very small but legible
check your printer properites and see if you can alter it in there
redownload belarc and reinstall it and see if that fixes it
closing the other thread

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/kiddy-font-in-belarc-advisor-53319.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hey. Yesterday I messed with some settings (forgot which ones).

And I log on and my font seems "rough and crude looking"

What could this be. Its very annoying.

I have vista premium 64bit.

A:Messed with some settings, Now font looks "rough"

Hello Bangu,

You might check to see if it is ClearType that may have been turned off.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/229136-messed-some-settings-now-font-looks-rough.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi guys .....

I'm in need of a free font that looks like the wind is blowing it (kind of like "Gone With The Wind").

I'll be using it in Word. Googled but didn't find anything good.

Any recommendations appreciated!

A:Anyone know where to get a free "wind blowing" font?

Don't really know what you need, but there are many fonts to download here.
The one named Barbatrick might be something you are looking for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyone-know-where-to-get-a-free-wind-blowing-font.489105/
Relevancy 75.25%

When using PageMaker, Bickley Script font (and some others) does not show up in my font dropdown list; however, I know it's installed on my system - I can select it in MS Publisher (so some applications see it, others don't).

Curiously, if I type text in Publisher and then copy and paste into PageMaker, the font looks like it's supposed to (and will also print out OK), but the window showing the font name is blank. Any ideas on how to "see" the font name in PageMaker - it's very tedious to do the workaround.

I'm using Windows XP, and font name shows up in the fonts folder; if I try to "install" the font, I get a message saying it's already installed....

Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: missing font "already installed"

In PageMaker there is a document setup box and a "compose to printer" window. If that window shows "?DISPLAY on none", the fonts won't show. If I select an actual printer from the drop-down list, the fonts will display in the fonts list.

I discovered this by visiting FAQ from a website to purchase and download fonts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-missing-font-already-installed.703242/