Windows Support Forum

Unable to install SSD on Win7 x64 system

Q: Unable to install SSD on Win7 x64 system

I bought a Samsung 840 SSD (120GB) for my gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 motherboard. I am unable to install win 7 64bit on it. It is a SATA SSD.

I have tried ACHD mode in the BIOS, I have tried IDE mode. The drive works as I have tested it as an external drive on other computers.

I bought the drive specifically to be used as a primary drive.

My regular hard drives work fine on the motherboard.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to install SSD on Win7 x64 system

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unable to install SSD on Win7 x64 system

Well, first of all, your motherboard only supports 3GB/s and the 840 is a 6GB/s drive. Just by that you won't really get your moneys worth. And how so are you unable to install? Also can you please list your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-ssd-on-win7-x64-system.190141/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi,
I had 32 bit win7 home premium provided by OEM. Recently I purchased win7 professional 64 bit in order to increase my memory.(My system is 64 bit capable) I followed [1]. I am using USB for installation. I booted the system with USB. Then at disk manager I deleted all the partitions(including recovery ) Then I refreshed and click next and I got an error saying setup unable to create system partition. I also tried diskpart clean. Still no hope. So I am stuck with a formated laptop. Want to get this working soon. Can anyone of you kindly enlighten me on this issue.

[1]http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1649-clean-install-windows-7-a.html

A:Win7 64 bit clean install error. unable to create system partition.

tikz,
Where did you get the Win 7 that you want to install?

I strongly suspect a bad Win 7 or a hacked Win 7 as the cause.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/253853-win7-64-bit-clean-install-error-unable-create-system-partition.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello all,

I have a vaio laptop with a dual boot win7/vista setup. I simply want to format the whole drive back to one large c:\drive, then reinstall windows 7. I have heard horror stories of people saying their boot manager becomes corrupted. or goes missing. I enclose a snapshot of my hard drive config. I would appreciate any advice on this matter.

Thanks

A:A fresh win7 install over a win7/vista dual boot system ?

is it the only HDD in the laptop (i used to think 1 was the max but i've been encountering people with two recently)? If so, (and if you want to wipe the hard drive completely (don't forget to deactivate any programs, such as iTunes)) just put the install disc in, boot into it (without booting into windows), choose the install option that isn't 'upgrade' (i think it's 'custom' offhand). when it takes you to the partition manager, click 'advanced' on the bottom bit and delete and format all partitions until you have just one big empty disk.
If that doesn't work or if you think it might not, just boot into a Puppy Linux live cd, open up gparted and select the 'new partition table' tool.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/156640-fresh-win7-install-over-win7-vista-dual-boot-system.html
Relevancy 59.77%

i am unable to install win7 64 bit ult ed. I got it from my brother. its alegal copy... the computer has a win7 32bit installed, upgraded the computer for 64bit. but the disc is not readabler when booting up... i cant start it when the computer is on and at the desktop. should i try to get it transfer to a usb drive and try to boot up???

A:Unable to install win7 x64 ult

For one thing you can not upgrade Windows 7 32bit with a 64bit Windows 7 disk. If you want to upgrade to a different version of Windows 7 it has to be a 32bit version.

For the disk not reading does your cd/dvd drive show up in Device Manager and in Bios?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-install-win7-x64-ult-615542.html
Relevancy 59.77%

A friend of mine got the FBI virus so she backed up all her data then began the process of a quot system restore quot but it did not work I ve walked her through install Unable Win7 to downloading the Unable to install Win7 original ISO file for Win Home Premium from Digital River and she has the product key attached to the side of her computer so licensing isn t an issue I also had her download the USB-ISO Unable to install Win7 tool so she can make her USB drive bootable with the ISO as she doesn t have blank DVD s to burn the ISO I m having her get some blank DVD s to see if that will work The problem is that the installation starts and comes up with the quot Install Now quot button and she clicks on that but the install comes up asking for drivers for additional drives as it can t find the existing Windows installation I ve tried having her remove the partition completely via quot Diskpart quot but that s proving too difficult for her and I can t get to her location to do this myself as I m about miles away trying to do this all over facebook IM lol Anyone know what type of drivers this thing needs to get Win reinstalled She doesn t have the factory disks otherwise I would have just told her to stick that in and go from there nbsp

A:Unable to install Win7

System Restore is not the way to fix the FBI virus. Does this system still boot into Windows as I should be able to fix it even if it won't boot to the desktop. If you can get her to log onto this site and subscribe to this thread I can guide her through it.

The drivers error that comes up when trying to install Windows AFAIK is related to the mode the hard drive is set to, get her to go into the Bios and check it is on AHCI or IDE. You might find it has got set to RAID.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-win7.1099544/
Relevancy 59.77%

I just brought a new PC of following specifications

1. AMD Phenom X4 (9650) - Quad Core
2. ASUS M3A78-EM Motherboard
3. 500 GB SATA HDD
4. 2 GB DDR2 RAM

The problem is after the loading screen after I click enter to boot from DVD
I get a screen where a wallpaper comes ... and after that no setup thing starts

I am very annoyed with this ... also tell me which one will be best for me x86 or x64

A:Unable to install Win7 on my new PC

i don't know why, but sometimes it takes a long time for the next part of setup (the eula, iirc) to appear.

when i installed 7 recently on my old kitchen pc, it took a good five minutes to appear (admittedly much lower spec hardware than yourself).

so, try it again, and be patient. it might just work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/22042-unable-install-win7-my-new-pc.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I bought this computer: http://support.hp.com/th-en/document/c04941658 When I want to install windows 7 (32 bit) it asks for a cd with drivers. There are no HP drivers for windows for this computer. Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unable-to-install-Win7-on-new-laptop/td-p/5735880
Relevancy 59.34%

Been trying to install SP1 since 2011 and have never managed to do it. Fails with error code 80073712.
I have tried all recommended MS hotfixes without success.
SFC report produced yesterday attached, which implies something corrupted, somewhere ?

Any help appreciated, without SP1 I cannot get to IE11 or WIN10 (assuming I want to .......).

I would not, at this stage, want to attempt a major WIN7 "repair" or any kind of clean install (no...I dont have the WIN7 disk...it came preloaded in 2010.... been there with other OS versions and got the scars.

A:Consistently unable to install WIN7 SP1

The errors on the system file check log are not responsible for the failure to install SP1
The errors listed are of no consequence
In view of the time involved in this, by that I mean since 2011 it has the makings of a long job
I am more than prepared to help, but please assure me that you are staying with the topic to either a successful conclusion or I admit defeat
Also please tell me what has been tried as it is to some extent pointless going down the same approach

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/consistently-unable-to-install-win7-sp1.1154500/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi: I am having trouble with the installer in Win7 64 pro not being able to complete installs and I am wondering if I might be infected with virtumonde or some other variant. Though AVAST has not reported any strange activity. How should I proceed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432405/unable-to-install-certain-programs-on-win7/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey guys , this is my first post here .
I've been running win7 x64 for some time now . Now , i needed to install XP 32bit for some programs to run.
I had 3 partitions (C,D,E) on windows 7 which were nearly full(except C which was the boot drive) . So using the Disk Management tool of Win7 , i shrunk one of the partitions which created some unallocated space . Now i created a new partition in that unallocated space and named it K. It is in this drive that i wanted to install XP.

So, when i try installing XP on that partition , it just wont happen. XP recognises it as Unpartitioned space . I tried to select the 'Delete Partition' option to no avail. Im kinda stuck here and any help would be appreciated . Thanks

A:Unable to install XP on win7 (for dual boot)

You can consider this failure a blessing in disguise.
Installing an old OS on new hardware is problematic at best and almost impossible at worst. And that goes double for laptops. The initial problem is that XP does not natively support SATA hard drives which your computer is likely using. Thiis can usually be solved.

Another problem is availability of device drivers. The XP CD will not have drivers for new hardware as it did not exist when the disk was produced. You may or may not be able to obtain them from the manufacturer.

There are usually better options than dual booting with an old OS.

1. Try compatibility more. This is accessible from the programs properties dialog in Windows Explorer.

2. XP mode if is is available for youe edition of Windows 7.

3. Install a virtual machine such as VirtualBox or VirtualPC. You can then install XP under that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-install-xp-on-win7-for-dual-boot-582286.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I recently purchased an HP ENVY t QUAD - E T AV nbsp It shipped with Win and I honestly can't stand it Upon attempting to reinstall with Win I am unable to find any disks to install to I have searched the ENVY install Win7 Unable to 15t-j000 on devmgr in win for the information on the SATA controller and the chipset I have downloaded the drivers and Unable to install Win7 on ENVY 15t-j000 when attempting to add them during the Win it finds the drivers that are compatible with my system but when i attempt to install I recieve the error No new devices could be found nbsp I enabled legacy boot options disabled secure boot changed the boot order all that good stuff nbsp I have attempted to install having both the SATA and mSATA drives attached as well as only having one or the other attached and recieve the same error each time I have used several different drivers from HP and Intel and all recieve the same error nbsp I have read other posts from people saying that they have install Win on their t so it must be possible nbsp What am I missing nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Unable to install Win7 on ENVY 15t-j000

Had the same problem... figured it out... it was not a Sata Contorller driver issue at all. 1. Turned off Secure Boot, & Enabled Legacy.2. Turn USB 3.0 BIOS setting to act as AUTO so that OS installations treat USB ports as 2.0 Compatable3. HD partition scheme needed to be reset.. not sure what it was.  Hooked it up to my Mac and under parition, set it to 1 Partition and chose MBR as the partition table layout scheme. Hope this helps, but still having problem with Nvidia Graphics Drivers and Intel Chipset drivers

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unable-to-install-Win7-on-ENVY-15t-j000/td-p/2830637
Relevancy 58.48%

I can't install Win7 x64 SP1 on notebook Lenovo Z70-80 from USB 2.0 pendrive.

I was trying USB 2.0 ports and USB 3.0 port with no success.

Than I integrated latest intel USB 3.0 and storage drivers into boot.wim and install.wim using DISM tool and there is still no success - the installer can't find Windows 7 installation pendrive. There are disk partitions and mounted boot.wim in drop-down list, but even USB mouse doesn't work.

PS I'm sure that it is USB issue - not storage. I added storage drivers "just in case".
PS2 I'm sure that USB 3.0 and storage drivers are correct.

It looks like Windows 7 can't even see USB 2.0 ports.
Any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/394051-unable-install-win7-usb-lenovo-z70-80-broadwell-u.html
Relevancy 58.48%

i'm trying to do a repair install of windows OEM but for some reason the process is telling me i'm running win XP and cant upgrade to win windows explorer keeps stopping and restarting also i cant have or programs open at the same time as i used to i lose the task bar and when i try to run the Task Manager nothing happens so i'm forced to hit the reset button to get back to basics very frustrating sincere apologize if this is in the wrong forums this is the contents of my windows comparability report The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading win7 to Install Unable Repair complete Cancel the upgrade complete each task and then restart the upgrade to continue Your current version of Windows is more recent than the version you are trying to upgrade to Windows cannot complete the upgrade Upgrading Windows will affect the following devices and or programs These programs might not work properly after the upgrade We recommend uninstalling these programs before upgrading Cancel the upgrade open Control Panel and search for quot uninstall a program quot Note Programs marked as can be safely Unable to complete Repair Install win7 reinstalled Unable to complete Repair Install win7 after the upgrade PhotoStudio iTunes Please Unable to complete Repair Install win7 deauthorize computer prior to upgrade

A:Unable to complete Repair Install win7

i should mention that my system has the latest updates and i have deauthorized the computer from iTunes

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/344056-unable-complete-repair-install-win7.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi

I recently bought a Dell Inspiron Mini 1018 per loaded with Windows 7. Tried installing XP on a partition on the same HHD. Installation failed saying "Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem ...etc"

The only option i have is to boot off the usb i created with xp iso and press R to take me to XP recovery console. I am so over XP at the moment all i want is to be able to log into Win7 again.

How can i fix this? My understanding is that the MBR is still pointing to the XP partition. How do i change it back to the Win 7 partition (C:\)?

The laptop did not come with any cds or recovery disks but i have a recovery partition on the HDD that i cannot access.

Please help to log back into Windows 7.

Thanks

A:Dual booting win7/xp - xp install failed, unable to log into win 7

Take a look at Method two of this tutorial:
Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/200088-dual-booting-win7-xp-xp-install-failed-unable-log-into-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello All I did a fresh install of Win Pro Bit yesterday from an OEM disc to a new Samsung Pro SSD sets of initial updates which included SP went without a hitch with Windows Updater set to let me know when updates are available so I can choose install unable Clean download to Pro Win7 updates... to download etc Today I got an alert that there were updates available for download I went through them and deselected KB which can mess with Asus Clean Win7 Pro install unable to download updates... MB's then hit continue an hour later my system was still quot Preparing to Download quot I changed the Updater settings to Download but let me choose what to install rebooted and a short while later I was told there were updates ready to install I checked Clean Win7 Pro install unable to download updates... again to make sure KB hadn't Clean Win7 Pro install unable to download updates... made it back onto the list and hit continue minutes later my system was still quot Preparing to Install quot At this point I figured something must be broken so considered rolling back through the Restore Points trying a Repair install or just nuking the drive and starting again But before trying any of the above I've included the CBS file a screen grab of the SURT tool after hrs the sfc Scannow results and the results of running the Windows Updater Troubleshooter I hope you guys can help thanks in advance Paul

A:Clean Win7 Pro install unable to download updates...

Hi Paul,
might be an easy fix, suspected cause >> you installed >> OEM << OS directly to NEW ssd.
your system specs look more like a custom build
please run this tool,
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=52012

Roy

lookin back over your earlier posts does this relate to the VM install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397850-clean-win7-pro-install-unable-download-updates.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
I have a pc running on Win XP in office. As part of testing, i had to try and install an activex control packaged in a .cab file on a Windows 7 and Internet explorer 8 from an application we built. I connect to this Windows 7 machine using the remote desktop connection from my PC running on XP. But the install DOES NOT happen on the Windows 7 remote desktop. It just refreshes the screen and nothing else happens.
If i try to install the same thing on another Win 7 PC ( to which i connect directly and not through remote desktop ), i am able to install the activex control.
This issue is hurting me bad. Can you please help me with this and provide me a solution ?
I can give you more details if needed.

A:Unable to install from .cab file on Win7 remote desktop

Quote: Originally Posted by raamkri

Hi,
I have a pc running on Win XP in office. As part of testing, i had to try and install an activex control packaged in a .cab file on a Windows 7 and Internet explorer 8 from an application we built. I connect to this Windows 7 machine using the remote desktop connection from my PC running on XP. But the install DOES NOT happen on the Windows 7 remote desktop. It just refreshes the screen and nothing else happens.
If i try to install the same thing on another Win 7 PC ( to which i connect directly and not through remote desktop ), i am able to install the activex control.
This issue is hurting me bad. Can you please help me with this and provide me a solution ?
I can give you more details if needed.

I ran into this too... there are several things Remote Desktop doesn't let you do... like intalling unsigned software, changing services, etc. ... you know, the stuff a hacker might do....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/80253-unable-install-cab-file-win7-remote-desktop.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I recently got my pc up and running again with a new MB and CPU i had installed Ultimate from my USB stick as usual to install 64-bit clean Unable after boot Ultimate Win7 installed fine booted to windows no problem untill i tried to do a chsk dsk on Unable to boot after clean install Win7 Ultimate 64-bit the main drive which then restarted my pc showed me the OS boot information but didn't show the usual chkdsk Unable to boot after clean install Win7 Ultimate 64-bit screen it hanged so i Unable to boot after clean install Win7 Ultimate 64-bit rebooted and decided to re-install this is where more problems occured i formated an clean installed again to restart an be greeted with quot Reboot and select proper boot device media and press any key quot i ran the install again to notice that it doesn't make a system reserved partition this is where the boot files are i have tried three diffrent ISO's with three diffrent USB sticks an also tried on a laptop and everytime it does not make a system reserved partition i've used the Windows DVD To USB Tool and the CMD guide to making a bootable windows USB like i've done in the past again same results i'm hoping that my seagate GB barracuda isn't becoming faulty could this be the case i had also updated the BIOS on the MB but it was working fine after that so i don't think that is the issue Can anyone shed some light on this for me

A:Unable to boot after clean install Win7 Ultimate 64-bit

Welcome to SevenForums.

Download SeaTools for DOS | Seagate burn it on to a CD and run the diagnostic tests. That should confirm whether your HDD is OK or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/219466-unable-boot-after-clean-install-win7-ultimate-64-bit.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hy guys my name is Ivan I'm is to [SOLVED] win7 unable missing, install BOOTMGR sorry to write about this problem knowing there has [SOLVED] BOOTMGR is missing, unable to install win7 been a post on it before But my case seems to be a little bit different and none of the previously given options were helpful I tried to install a fresh copy of win on my laptop for the th time so I know what I'm doing usually and the menu [SOLVED] BOOTMGR is missing, unable to install win7 where I set partitions and a [SOLVED] BOOTMGR is missing, unable to install win7 place to install windows didn't give me the option to delete and create new ones I ended up stupidly deleting everything and now when I get to that point I see no partitions like the installation can't access my hard drive and I'm left with a load driver option I downloaded the quot drivers quot from Acer Extensa but I found only an AHCI one and no IDE one Needless to say it didn't help loading those drivers from a Flash drive Now I can't seem to install Windows anywhere and at srartup I get a BOOTMGR is missing I know it's not a hardware issue as my PC was functioning perfectly I can't seem to find a solution and am becoming desperate Please help me if anyone actually know how

A:[SOLVED] BOOTMGR is missing, unable to install win7

if you are certain that it is not a driver issue then i would suggest that your hdd has a corrupted partition table or mbr; basically a list of non existant partitions.

try running a boot cd with a partition manager and make sure there are no existing partions on the drive. also if the partition manager has the option "repair mbr", do that. then create a new ntfs partition.

after that restart your pc with your windows 7 dvd in try to install. your created partition should appear during setup.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-bootmgr-is-missing-unable-to-install-win7-574378.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A4-3300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3575 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6410D, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 466936 MB, Free - 259482 MB; D: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 137596 MB;
Motherboard: Foxconn, A75M
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

I recently did a Clean install of WIN 7 from scratch (after reloading the manufacturers settings), download Microsoft Updates and Kaspersky 2013.

However I am unable to restore from my backup Drive (D), Win accepts the command and identifies the File/s to be restored, yet on completion the files do not appear to have been restored after a restart.

Am I missing something other than knowhow

Regards

Relevancy 57.19%

I've downloaded the newest installation package several times and changed even between Home and Pro packages Error stays the same and as far as I've found out it's due to a network error Has anyone else experienced the problem Here is the error log that Avast installer gives general Started system Operating system Windows Vista ver Prox32) Unable install Avast network error.(Win7 due to build sp system Memory load Unable to install Avast due network error.(Win7 Prox32) Phys K free Page K free Virt K free system Computer WinName TONI-PC system Windows Net User toni-PC toni general Old version ffffffff - system Using temp C Users toni AppData Local Temp av inet tm a M free internet SYNCER Type Unable to install Avast due network error.(Win7 Prox32) use IE settings internet SYNCER Auth another authentication use WinInet general Install check Program folder does NOT exist in registry general SGW P CheckIfInstalled set m bAlreadyInstalled to general progress thread start general Destination C Users toni AppData Local Temp av inet tm a general Starting download http www avast com go php verb get net amp langid fin general Download finished from server avast - Download antivirus software for spyware and virus protection result x server response general Stats avast - Download antivirus software for spyware and virus protection server response general POST result x server response Here I also include a capture taken with Wireshark

A:Unable to install Avast due network error.(Win7 Prox32)

Problem still unsolved, any ideas for procedures? I've been able to install avast on my work machine where I run Win 7 Enterprise x64.

I've also tried to run the install as Administrator, but no result with that.

As you can see in the description, Avast tries to download files and there it fails.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/29873-unable-install-avast-due-network-error-win7-prox32.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Greetings!

I'm installing Win7 64bit Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron 1545.
Right after the Starting Winoews logo screen it gets stuck at a Dos terminal.
Withing the Dos terminal it says: X:\windows\system32>
The window itself is titled Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe

I am using the OEM disk that came with the laptop and I also downloaded one from Dell's website. Both give the same error.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Kelley

A:Unable to install Win7 to new hard drive. X:\windows\system32> error.

Try to get into Command prompt of the Repair section of your installation disk and run those commands: (each individually and followed by Enter)

Diskpart
List disk
Select disk n (where n is the number that was given for your HDD in List disk)
Clean
Create partition primary
Format fs=ntfs quick
Active
Exit

Then try to install into that partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/234810-unable-install-win7-new-hard-drive-x-windows-system32-error.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have two disks:
1 = 250 GB, all linux partitions
2 = 250 GB, will be allocated to Windows 7 (NTFS partitions)

I have Fedora16 installed on disk0 because I only used Fedora. But since I'm a PHP programmer who programs in DOT.NET at times too I need windows installed too. I tried to install Visual Studio in a virtual machine too but the result was disapointing because it was too slow. That is why I want to create a dual boot with windows 7 now but I do not want to have to reinstall Fedora.

Now, I have tried to install Windows 7 but I get this error: "Windows is unable to install to the selected location. Error: 0x80300024." The error occors when I try to choose a partition to install windows on.

Does anyone know how to prefend this, without having to remove linux and install linus after windows?

A:dualboot with fed16 win7 error: unable to install on selected location

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

I'll post the link from our tutorial database, but it assumes Windows 7 is already installed, so I'm not sure whether it'll help you.

Dual Boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/229754-dualboot-fed16-win7-error-unable-install-selected-location.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello guys st post but i think this site may be able to help me out I have been in IT for years but i must admit this install 64 uefi system on win7 cannot has me stumped I have tried with Windows dvd and also cannot install win7 64 on uefi system I created a bit usb Same issue with both I have followed the steps for fresh install on uefi It will load the st part fine when it reboots to finish the windows install it comes up with the black windows boot cannot install win7 64 on uefi system manager Window saying unexpected error If I try to do a Windows repair it says it cannot repair It says failure during setup If I try to install via legacy mode it installs fine but I want to use uefi because I'm using a cannot install win7 64 on uefi system tb drive and in legacy mode I lose to much space of unusable drive I have asus z a mb I have tried with secure boot on and off If anyone can help I would appreciate it i have spent days jacking with this I may try to use smaller drive see if it works I dunno at this point Thx

A:cannot install win7 64 on uefi system

Secure Boot is only for Windows 8 so it must be turned off. Then if you have CSM test whether it needs to be enabled to install Win7. If not look for Legacy BIOS or Legacy Boot. Showing us camera snaps of all related settings showing expanded choices can help a lot - attach files using paper clip in reply box.

Are you booting the media as a UEFI device and deleting all partitions to install? Try the other steps in Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures including downloading a new installer ISO and writing to stick with Option One of UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/334770-cannot-install-win7-64-uefi-system.html
Relevancy 54.61%

i use xp sp3 in active partion c drive

i need to install and use windows7 in another drive d

and do not loss windows 7 booting if i format c drive

so i need this

xp in c

windows 7 in d

format c win xp damage

and use windows 7

A:i need to install win7 and xp sp3 with out lossing any system after format

Just to clarify:

You already have XP installed on C:\ and then wish to install W7 on a sepereate partition d:\?

Once W7 is installed you plan to format and remove the XP partition completely, without loosing the ability to boot into W7?

If you lose the ability to boot W7 after formatting your XP partition, use your 7 installation dvd to perform a start up repair which will repair your boot loader.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/4525-i-need-install-win7-xp-sp3-out-lossing-any-system-after-format.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have 2 hard drives, the first has Win 7 RC1 and the second has XP and Vista in their own partitions. The Win 7 boot loader gives me the choice of Win7, Vista and XP when I boot up. The question is: If I install Ubuntu onto the second HD in a currently unoccupied partion, will GRUB (which is sure to take over the booting process, from past experience) still leave me with the 3 choices I have now (assuming I do not select the Ubuntu prompt). I wwould hate to lose the ability to get into the 3 Win systems !

Thanks, Errol

A:Install Ubuntu on a xp,vista,win7 multiboot system

Quote: Originally Posted by errolgreer

I have 2 hard drives, the first has Win 7 RC1 and the second has XP and Vista in their own partitions. The Win 7 boot loader gives me the choice of Win7, Vista and XP when I boot up. The question is: If I install Ubuntu onto the second HD in a currently unoccupied partion, will GRUB (which is sure to take over the booting process, from past experience) still leave me with the 3 choices I have now (assuming I do not select the Ubuntu prompt). I wwould hate to lose the ability to get into the 3 Win systems !

Thanks, Errol

Grub loader will give you two boot option one that will boot to Ubuntu and another that will load Windows 7 boot loader(normally denoted by DOS os). From there you should be able to boot into the three windows os.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/20672-install-ubuntu-xp-vista-win7-multiboot-system.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I have a custom built HTPC running Windows Home Premium bit that I bought from a tin-pot PC building firm last year It has physical drives in it The first is configured as a quot basic disk quot with a single C drive partition on which windows is installed The other three are configured as a RAID quot install with disks DVD no with system dynamic on Reinstalling a Win7 dynamic disk quot that present themselves in Windows as a single logical drive E and that's where all my data lives Windows Media Centre has now stopped Reinstalling Win7 on a system with dynamic disks with no install DVD working Reinstalling Win7 on a system with dynamic disks with no install DVD properly and I've tried everything to fix it Any ideas on this also appreciated in case I can avoid a reinstall mcupdate exe always crashes with System IO FileNotFoundException I can't update TV signal set-up or guide data so now I need to reinstall windows I'm an IT professional and I've installed many prior versions of windows in the past but never Win Reinstalling Win7 on a system with dynamic disks with no install DVD so I have a few questions I'd be very grateful for help with If I reinstall Win on my C drive will the E drive be left unaffected and the fresh install of windows will still be able to see the E drive and access all the data on it without any permissions issues The company that I bought the HTPC from neglected to give me a DVD with the Win installer and prod key on and they went out of business a few months ago so I'm feeling a bit stuck I've used a free tool to extract my Win product key from the registry and borrowed a Win DVD from a friend Will reinstalling from this DVD with the product key I've extracted work or is the product key tied to the physical DVD or does it just need to pass a checksum algorithm If I use my product key to reinstall will I also be able to re quot activate quot Win or will it now think it's a dodgy copy My current install says it's an OEM version when I tried to get support from MS com but my friend's DVD is a full retail one - is that a problem too What options do I have here Can I for example create a copy of my friend's DVD and amend the prod-key in the poduct ini file to be mine in the quot HomePremium quot entry Before I attempt anything I'm keen to do a full system backup I've done this with the Win system image tool and have a GB file that I've copied to an external USB hard drive and I'm going to create a restore boot quot disk quot on a CD However If I need to do a restore can the restore app read from a USB HD or not I assume it can't read from the dynamic disk E drive Or can I just keep it on the C drive or will this get wiped completely when I reinstall windows thus losing the image file Any all help very gratefully received Thanks Steve

A:Reinstalling Win7 on a system with dynamic disks with no install DVD

Q1) You may lose your Raid, make sure you backup.

Q2a) You can use your friend's dvd, if you have a product key on the side of the unit.
Q2b) OEM product keys are locked to the hardware.

A "Must Read" for OEM license users

SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/137929-reinstalling-win7-system-dynamic-disks-no-install-dvd.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am installing Win7 Ultimate (CLEAN Installation) on my Desktop, and I noticed that I do not have the options to select either 64bit or 32bit as shown in the attached pic and from the below link.

If I DO NOT see these options, does this mean my Win7 DVD is a OEM version?
Sorry, I am rusty on this, and is there any way to tell on the box or DVD if its OEM or not? I just picked it up from a local Tech shop.
But, according to this guide below, I should get this option to select 64 or 32 bit and I do not get a prompt for this. It just takes me to the formatting section.

http://www.wikihow.com/Install-Windows-7-for-Beginners

A:Win7 - 'Select the operating system you want to install' MISSING

Windows 7 only comes on a dvd with either 32 bit or 64 bit software, not both. What you see or are referring to is a dvd that`s been burned with both bit versions on it. It is not sold that way.

If you do not know what they sold you, you won`t know until after it`s installed.

You paid for it, you should know exactly what they sold you, either oem or retail.

Although, I`ve just looked and seen both bit versions can come on 1 dvd. Your key will activate either the 32 or 64 bit software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/315109-win7-select-operating-system-you-want-install-missing.html
Relevancy 54.18%

ok - so i've crashed my system i'm posting at the general section as the BSOD section seems to contain attempts to fix the cause of the BSOD - here that's not really the concern starting from scratch is NOT an option - need to restore the environment as it was please don't tell me quot clean install is always better quot besides help me with this one and we ALL shalt be win7/64 NOT repair system - booting REAL install richly rewarded - the answer to this thread is an xp-style REAL repair install where you don't need the system up amp running to repair so - BSOD on boot seemingly when it's starting to load the user account that's set to autologin i have - memory DMP created at the BSOD Mb - the non-booting HD - registry hives backed up REAL repair install win7/64 - NOT booting system by erunt straight copy of these to config didn't REAL repair install win7/64 - NOT booting system fix the BSOD - reg export of the whole registry - also of course i have a bunch of -restore points but the WINre environment refuses to let me access them so far i've thought - do a clean install then merge the reg backup to it after having copied the program folders over but in the past i've had at best mixed results when attempting to import reg backups - PCmover if i can get it to build the quot moving van quot from the crashed OS don't know how to do this your thoughts ideas much appreciated

A:REAL repair install win7/64 - NOT booting system

Try a boot log and lets see what it looks like.
http://www.watchingthenet.com/how-to...n-windows.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/142314-real-repair-install-win7-64-not-booting-system.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone I have a Gateway T- laptop it has gb of ram gb hdd and an amd turion system of Fresh install recover goes Win7 options always to Solved: x processor It came with win vista and am trying to upgrade to win I ran the disk everything seemed to go fine all the way up to setting the time and date After the restart it goes to quot System Recovery Options quot and asks for language Next screen says quot select an operating system to repair and click next Only win vista operating systems are listed and can be repaired quot My problem now is only win is listed My options are to load drivers or next I have read in a few places to load drivers but i read them after trying to install win I don t know where to look for drivers if that might be the case If i click next i get the quot choose a recovery tool quot and it states the operating system is win located on C Local Disk I have tried the startup recovery several times to no avail When i look at the details there are problem Solved: Fresh install of Win7 always goes to system recover options signatures The ones that look odd to me are the quot Signature SystemDisk quot and quot Signature OsVersionMismatch quot Like most idiots i thought i could handle a simple installation and didn t bother to look for tips before hand and now it s costing me Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance for any help given nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question and I apologize if it is not Please feel free to transfer it to a more appropriate one I'm planning on doing a clean install of Win on a Dell Inspiron running WinXP and WinXP system a for clean install on Win7 a License question I have a license question The Service Tag says xxxx and Dell tells me it is a WinXP system I have the License question for a Win7 clean install on a WinXP system Product Key and Product ID but no restore disks The label on the system unit says it is a Windows VISTA Ultimate OEMAct from DELL The label is still License question for a Win7 clean install on a WinXP system readable system is vintage so I have a VISTA Product Key The Service Tag and Express Service Code from the label matches the Dell WinXP records I have a Dell reinstall disk for VISTA Do I have to purchase a retail Win License question for a Win7 clean install on a WinXP system package to do a clean install I think I can use the Product Key for VISTA from the label for the clean install of Win Is that true I don't think the Vista system has ever been installed or activated All of the Dell paperwork and online info say the system is a WinXP system I have run the MS app to confirm the system will run Win

A:License question for a Win7 clean install on a WinXP system

Hello desertdad, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You could purchase and use either an upgrade or full retail/OEM version of Windows 7 if you like, but you will have to use the product key that came with the purchased Windows 7 instead. A Vista or XP key will not activate Windows 7.

Clean Install Windows 7

OR

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/308376-license-question-win7-clean-install-winxp-system.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I posted this on a Toshiba-specific many on primary Win7 too Recover/install partitions? multiboot system- forum too but I'm thinking I'll get more responses here I have a few questions first background questions Recover/install Win7 on multiboot system- too many primary partitions? and then I'll get to the heart of the issue First on a new Toshiba laptop with factory installed Win there are primary partitions - a GB quot MBR- quot a GB quot recovery quot partition and the main installation partition What is the GB one for and what's on it An MBR certainly doesn't need GB Does Win create that or is that something unique for Toshiba If I'm using a rd party boot-manager BootitNG via an EMBR on its own partition can I just wipe that GB partition And can the recovery installation be set up to create the Toshiba-Win recovery partition and that GB one as extended volumes within the Win primary partition and not to make them as its own new primary partition But would they function as extended volumes And now to the main problem the gist of it is how many partitions will the Win recovery disks create and can I customize it I have a new toshiba c laptop that came with Win installed I created the one-time recovery DVDs first thing it made of them - Disk and quot -bit environment quot I then wanted to set up a multi-boot system between Win and instances of XP one of which is a fresh install the other being an image backup off a computer that died I want each OS on its own primary partition where each only sees knows of itself and each is its own C Also I'll have one small MB primary partition for the boot-manager program Of course a drive can only have primary partitions if working with standard tools like fdisk etc To get around that if needed my boot-manager program will support as many primary partitions as I want provided I use only it alone to manage create my partitions Skipping the background here's what I have now I wiped the hard drive except for that GB MBR- partitition for now till I find what it is Since XP doesn't recognize Win using XP's install cd would overwrite the factory Win installation so I installed XP first on its own primary partition - and it's working fine Plus I don't want to use the Windows boot menu anyway just the boot manager's I have the boot manager program on a second primary partition and that GB partition exists too I then created more primary partitions - one to place the XP-drive-image into and one to install Win So the entire drive is now fully utilized and partitioned primaries via the boot manager But here's the problem starting with the boot manager program I'm pointing to boot from the empty Win- partition which will cue it to boot from the DVD and go on about its installation business So far so good At this point Win will only quot see quot the empty partition reserved for it However if Win tries to create an extra or new primary partitions like how it came from the factory my XP partitions would likely get overwritten Having - primary partitions wouldn't be a problem as long as I create manage them only with the boot manager - but in this case the Win installation would likely create them during installation instead If I pre-create those partitions the GB one and the GB one with the boot manager can I point Win during the installation to utilize those How One more side note When I'm in XP now XP only quot sees quot it's own partition but still senses that there's more room on the drive - it just considers it all as unallocated space I'm guessing Win would do the same thing And if it does I'm worried it would start sticking its own new partitions there into what it quot sees quot as quot unallocated space quot even though my other partitions are there If you made it through this longwinded mess thanks for what help you can provide How should I get Win on there through the boot manager program without damaging the existing partitions

A:Recover/install Win7 on multiboot system- too many primary partitions?

All of this could be avoided by virtualizing XP in Win7 using Ultimate's XP Mode, Virtual Box or Virtual Player. Most XP apps and drivers which balk can be made to run using Win7 Compatibility Mode

Depends also on how badly you want to keep the current partitioning. The 1.5gb is likely your System Active boot partition (check in Disk Mgmt) containing utilities that you may not even want since Win7 has better versions. You can see what's on it by showing hidden folders. I would also check the free space because you could keep it, since its best to have a boot partition with multi-boots - which can be installed to Logical Extended sub-partitions as long as there is a boot partition marked Active for them to place their boot files upon.

After installing and imaging XP to Logical Extended sub-partitions created as fourth partition in Disk Mgmt, you'll need to add Win7 and the XP image to the multi-boot menu using EasyBCD 2.0 Add OS tab. This will need to be done from the installed XP since it will capture the boot when installed last, or you can mark Win7 active and use Startup Repair from the Win7 Repair CD to start Win7 and add both XP's using EasyBCD 2.0 which works better from Win7:
Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP
System Repair Disc - Create
Welcome to EasyBCD 2.0! &#x2014; The NeoSmart Files
Partition - Mark as Active
Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

What I would do is make my Recovery Disks, wipe the HD and clean reinstall Win7 for much better performance without the bloatware and useless utilities. re-install windows 7

If you create three Primary partitions, install XP first to the #2 Primary partition, then reimage the other XP to #3 partition space, when you install Win7 to #1 Primary partition it will auto-configure a multi-boot menu with all three, or any missing after it starts can be added using EasyBCD.

More tips for cleaning up a factory bloatware install without full clean reinstall: HP laptop has used up all four primary partitions

All of this could be avoided by virtualizing XP in Win7 using Ultimate's XP Mode, Virtual Box or Virtual Player. Most XP apps and drivers which balk can be made to run using Win7 Compatibility Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/131862-recover-install-win7-multiboot-system-too-many-primary-partitions.html
Relevancy 53.32%

quot ntoskrnl exe quot KeAcquireInStackQueuedSpinLockAtDcpLevel x e quot This right there is my problem Here are screen shots of my problem may one of the experts please help me because my other thread is useless please remove it This is day and no one knows the fix to this I found this post on another site but did not understand what he did to fix the issue does anybody know any light to this issue FIGURED IT OUT There was a driver from quot New Software Inc quot for a product called quot Folder-Lock quot which is used to be able to assign a password to access windows folders that was getting invoked by the Win System Kernel I uninstalled this product and presto problem gone - no more of CPU being used by Problem Details CPU) (System with Win7 50% Install new shot's screen system - - - How I Did It I couldn't find any software Win7 new Install (System 50% CPU) Problem Details with screen shot's or features within quot Xperf quot quot Windows Process Monitor quot or quot Windows Process Explorer quot that allowed me to quot map quot the offending Thread ID to the responsible driver However Windows Process Explorer does display info for all the Drivers being loaded invoked for a given process - including the quot System quot kernel process So I just went and slowly browsed thru all of them and thought about what non-Microsoft drivers might possibly have something to do with locking up resources - a clue given to me by the Starting Address for the offending TID from Process Explorer quot ntoskrnl exe quot KeAcquireInStackQueuedSpinLockAtDcpLevel x e quot Normal quot human heuristics logic quot - - -

A:Win7 new Install (System 50% CPU) Problem Details with screen shot's

Hi,

Lets start with some basics. Please follow this tutorial, not forgetting Step #7, so we can look at your setup:
System Info - See Your System Specs

Is your Windows 7 installation validated & updated? Please follow this tutorial and post the relevant information in your next reply:
Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/244771-win7-new-install-system-50-cpu-problem-details-screen-shots.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone system install Random win7 service BSOD exception fresh this is my first time on this forum I recently built my own computer but have been getting random BSOD They happen randomly while doing nothing in particular every few hours I couldn't figure out the problem so I sent my PC to best buy geek squad After over weeks they said it would be days I got it back and still BSOD They reinstalled windows which I also already did and said it was a bad driver the graphics card radeon catalyst driver That obviously wasn't it since it crashed four hours after getting it back Most crashes said quot system service exception quot BCCode b One said quot IRQL less than or equal quot Looking at BlueScreenView it says it's caused by ntoskrnl exe but I don't know where to go from here I have done a memory test and there were no errors I attached the crash dumps after I got my PC back from the geek squad I was hoping you could look at the crash dump files and please help me out Thank you

A:Random BSOD fresh win7 install system service exception

Code:
BugCheck A, {37320bb49, d, 1, fffff800032c93ed}

Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Code:
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff880033c8ab8, fffff880033c8310, fffff80003296f37}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!CcGetVirtualAddress+288 )

---------

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8800fd7cbf6, fffff880056cfc50, 0}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidMmTerminateAllocation+da )

---------
Random bugcheck codes. No pattern is there.

All the failing modules (ATI display driver and Intel XHCI driver) are of the latest version. So it appears that the fault is in the part of hardware.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Stress test the CPU.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
Also let us know the wattage of the PSU.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305983-random-bsod-fresh-win7-install-system-service-exception.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I want to install windows 7 ultimate 64bit on a other parition as dual dual boot or reinstall. I have a very important file about 237gb in my 2 tb hard disk. I dont have a another pc or hard disk. I have backed up my files in the created partion in my pc. I want to go from win 7 32 bit to work with 64 bit apps. Pls help. I dont want to delete data. I have 5 part in hard disk.Local Disk, Data Volume(Precious), Songs Volume, Backup volume. Unused New volume(100gb). How to install win 7 64bit volume. Help. Pls

A:How to Install Win7 64bit on Win7 32bit using Custom install,No Format

Install the 64 bit to your new volume 100 gb . You need to be careful to point the instakller at the new volume 100gb.

Instructions are here: Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/396712-how-install-win7-64bit-win7-32bit-using-custom-install-no-format.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I'm trying to fix friends PC, first of all, they were able to start up the PC, then maybe after about a minute or so many clicks of the mouse, no program would open & it needed the on/off button pressed to switch it off.
I took the PC home and managed to backup their files.
I uninstalled a few programs like spotify etc to see if that would help, but it didn't, i'm thinking it was more software/driver???

anyway, i decided to reinstall Win7 HP. 64bit.

wiped the hard drive, reinstalled windows and i'm trying to update windows, where it just hangs on installing.
I left it overnight and it was still on the same update.

could this be a hardware issue??

anybody come across this before?

cheers

just seen a post about posting update instructions, i'll try it when it updates or hangs for hours

A:Unable to install updates, system hangs

"hangs"? no response at all on screen? Not even some animation that it's still busy? No disk light flashing?

This problem is with installing updates only?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/323275-unable-install-updates-system-hangs.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, I recently purchased a new computing system and I am unable to install Xp home edition. I have searched other places on the net but was unable to find an answer.
This is the new parts:
Asus P5GD1 Motherboard
Pentium 4 2.66
Maxtor 80 gig (master)
Kinsgton 512 X2

old Parts
Western digital 160 gig
benq DVD+-

I set the boot order to the benq reader, Insert the windows setup disc and it goes through the procedure up loading all the files, then enters the stop error screen where it displays error 0000007b, Describing such things as check for viruses (I am using brand new master Hard drive), check configuration, remove and new controllers etc.

I tried removing the old 160 gig thinking that it has a chance of a virus, and checked connections on the mother board and elsewhere. Anybody have any tips for completing this installation? This is getting to be very annoying.

A:Unable to install xp home on brand new system

Hi,

Might look a couple of places to start:

First of all, I would download the maxtor utility from their website and prepare your disk from this utility previous to setting up the OS. This utility is free (or if a retail version, came with your new drive) and can partition and format your drive and have it ready to go.

Second, your boot order needs to be:

CD/Dvd - 1st
floppy - 2nd
Maxtor Hard Drive

Don't forget to save before you exit.

Third, make sure you have turned off the raid feature in the BIOS setup menu for your IDE drives to keep it from searching for a raid drive. Don't forget to save before you exit if you change the BIOS setup menu.

Put the Maxtor drive on IDE #1 on the end of the ribbon cable with the jumpers set to master, the CD/DVD in the middle of the ribbon cable with jumpers set to slave.

If everything else is set correctly, you should be able to put the OS disk in the drive, boot up and let it load the OS.

Let us know where you are on this process.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-install-xp-home-on-brand-new-system-75338.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I updated to windows 7 premium and in device manager where it says other devices it shows Base system device with a yellow mark next to it. I tried to install it all I got was the message Windows unable to install base system device.Could someone tell me what it does or what is it for?Do I really need it? If so where can I get it?
Thanks for your help

Never mind I finally got windows to update it. It is sp 45112 which is Ricoh Media Driver.
It enables the integrated media card slot

A:Windows unable to install base system device

Welcome to Seven Forums: Good deal. Yes the base system driver is your card reader.
Now in case you have any other issues please fill in your system specs it will help a lot.
Just go to the top of the page to user CP scroll down on the left to edit system specs and fill them in.
If you need help their are several programs avalible to show your specs. Please also include 32 or 64 bit windows. Speccy - Download or |MG| HWiNFO32 3.55-815 Download are a couple. Thanks. Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/94809-windows-unable-install-base-system-device.html
Relevancy 52.03%

When I try to install windows XP pro, this comes up as I try to install windows..

windows/system32/config/system cannot load error .. so i went through a live cd, backed up my info and deleted my partitiant to try to do a fresh reformat but this error pops up when I try to install windows..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Relevancy 52.03%

Trying to upgrade a Win 7 to Win 10 using HP supplied System Recovery DVD. After booting from the dvd I get an error message :- "This computer is not supported by the System Recovery Media Error 0130-ABU-ABB" On a popup window the following information was provided:- "Version 1.1610.5.0Recovery Media Product Number Y63SKU3#ABA1System Product Number N1A78EAABU" After clicking on OK the system shuts down. The discs have the number 856414-021

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unable-to-install-Windows-10-from-system-recovery-disc/td-p/5852077
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm unable to install Eset Smart Security v3.0.551.0 Program because I keep getting an error message
that says ' The System Administrator has set policies to prevent the installation'

And I have no idea why I can't install this program. I get this message with other stuff also but I've just not bothered until now to find out why.
Also I cannot do any windows update. I keep getting an error message that says "Windows Can't Check for Updates"

I had AVG Free and uninstalled it so I could install the Eset Program but now I have no antivirus program.
I DO have Malwarebytes installed on my computer but that's not helping me with viruses. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Any help is appreciated.. Thank You

Oh btw this is my home laptop computer and I'm the only owner/user so I AM the system administrator.

A:Unable to Install due AV Prog due to System Admin Policies

Update mbam and run a FULL scanPlease post the results

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297500/unable-to-install-due-av-prog-due-to-system-admin-policies/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,
I have Lenovo g580 which had DOS preinstalled in it {i5, 500GB, 4GB} and initially I had installed Win 7 32-bit on it. At that time, it gave some problem while rebooting 1st time, but i ran repair windows option and everything ran smoothly.

But the problem came when I tried to install windows 7 64-bit on the laptop using a DVD, no matter which drive I select, it does not allow me to go ahead. When I checked the details, I got the error message which is attached here.

There is no disk controller option in BIOS, nor is there anything related to UEFI systems.
i did r&d on UEFI systems, but i want to be sure of everything before i go ahead with anything.
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Error related to EFI system..unable to install windows 7 64-bit

Please do not post the same thread in multiple sections of the site (other thread removed).

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/273854-error-related-efi-system-unable-install-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I know that this is a lot to ask in one ups, and lock updates crashes System unable to install thread but they all do relate I think I spotted a program listed in program System lock ups, crashes and unable to install updates fills that I have never seen before Authentium It had a file listed in it as AuthFw exe When I Googled that it led me to a link to Tech Support Guy were member LOgic posted the following post quot As of late My computer has begun to lock up for no apparent reason What happens is the following When i go to click on any program none of them respond I cant alt ctrl delete cause that window doesnt come up I then click on the start menu and all the icons for the window update and microsoft update and such are not there as if the it doesnt recognize what program to read them with I then proceed to restart my computer And The old menu pops up As in not the big red buttons that confirm log out turn off and restart but a grey box that gives me the same options plus asking me if i want it to hibernate or stand by Then when the computer is turning of normally it gives a big blue screen saying quot windows is shutting down quot But what happened when this computer locks up is that a logo of home edition appears in a small grey box and tells me its shutting down Is my computer going into some kind of safe mode on its own Every time i leave the computer own on its own If someone can please help me with this problem it would be great quot I was in shock because it repeated the problems that I have been having and after many attempts have failed to solve Let me add that I have as LOgic started using a different sound card actually I removed SoundBlaster and started using the onboard audio on the motherboard ECS P-A which has Realtek AC Audio I have updated the drivers for this and searched everywhere I can think of to see if this is the problem LOgic s problem was apparently solved when he went to windows update and updated a driver My problem is that often when I go to windows update it will down load updates but fail to install them When this happens as it did just tonight it takes me days to get support from Microsoft to help me resolve this issue I have reached a point that MS is a dirty word that I try not to say anymore Tonight I was able to download but not install both Realtek Semiconductor Corp Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC and Root certificate Update I understand I have post a very long starting point but I hope that it will lead to someone being able to help me on this I wait for much need assistance and would only like to point out quot THAT I HAVE ALREADY LEARNED MORE ABOUT COMPUTERS THAN I EVER WANTED TO KNOW HELP quot Opps I think the following might be needed Windows XP home Intel Pentium E Prescott GHz Socket HT supported Motherboard and sound card used previously listed Graphics card ATIRadeon Series AGP MB Ram I will gladly provide anyother information that you might need nbsp

A:System lock ups, crashes and unable to install updates

First thing you should do is turn off the System restore feature in WIndows XP, then restart your machine in Safe Mode with networking.

To turn off System restore, right click my computer on the desktop or start menu and choose properties. Go to System restore tab and check the box that says Turn off system restore.

To start in safe mode you need to hit F8 after the BIOS screen comes up but before the Windows XP splash screen.

Second, install and run scans from Spybot Search & Destroy, SpyBlaster and Ad-Aware Se.
http://www.safer-networking.org/
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html (spyblaster doesn't not have a scan function.
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

After you have ran all of these cleaners, restart your machine, install and run CCleaner. Make sure you run the registry cleaner part of CCLeaner.
http://www.ccleaner.com/

I hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-lock-ups-crashes-and-unable-to-install-updates.631673/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Guys I've been playing system create partition to 7 64bit Win Unable install to new around with installing windows bit now for about hrs and getting Unable to create new system partition to install Win 7 64bit nowhere I got a new Lenovo Y with windows and hate the OS so I got a copy of win pro to install instead There is no Unable to create new system partition to install Win 7 64bit optical drive so I'm using a usb Unable to create new system partition to install Win 7 64bit drive created with rufus and the windows pro iso file Initially I had the missing drivers error for a few hours but tried a new installer iso and then rufus and it worked fine Then I got the selecting drives and removed all the old win partitions until I had just one unallocated block of space which I created into the primary partition But it won't let me install onto it Now I can't get the damn installer to recognize the drive or create a new partition I've used the diskpart method at least times cleaned recreated primary partition assigned it made it active everything from all the tutorials and then also tried GParted recently which is much easier Each time both methods seem to work fine and when I get to the installer I can see the partitions but as soon as I click next to install to that partition i get the error quot Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition See the setup log file for more information quot I have secure boot disabled in bios I have the legacy support enabled and usb boot enabled The usb drive is on the boot order and the SSD is next What else can I do at this point I'm going crazy here I have a brand new computer that's essentially a paperweight cause I can't get this damn win loaded Thanks for any help or advice

A:Unable to create new system partition to install Win 7 64bit

Make sure secure boot is disabled in the bios.

Your hard drive may be configured as GPT, convert it to MBR.

Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk

Option 2 step 2

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/349239-unable-create-new-system-partition-install-win-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm trying to help a friend whose Compaq Presario C700 laptop was seriously infected. I was able to clean it enough to make recovery discs from the factory recovery partition. I then put a new hard drive in and recovered the system using those discs. After the recovery finished, it boots to Vista Home Premium 32-bit with no service packs. I've tried using Windows Update and it immediately errors out. I have the 32-bit SP1 & SP2 on a CD and neither of them will run.

I'm guessing that this must have happened to others - the inability to update or patch a 'vintage' Vista reinstall and was hoping to find a solution but all my searches have given me nothing that will work. Does anyone have any pointers? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/304655-unable-get-updates-install-service-packs-after-system-recovery.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all I know this is a 'common' problem Unable error: new or partition Install to create system locate.... I've just spend the last hours scouring web sites on this issue but the solutions suggested so far haven't worked or it may Install error: Unable to create new system partition or locate.... be that the one thing I'm leaving out is actually required I have the Win Ultimate bit Upgrade I also have a GRUB dual boot with Linux and Install error: Unable to create new system partition or locate.... maybe that's the problem as I am deliberately not using the 'clean' command see below I did have XP loaded but I wanted a clean install so I wiped the partition with the installer I'm afraid I've been naive about all of the installation woes which I'm finding out about now I thought it would be easy and simple like in the past After getting the error in the title I found sites telling how to use diskpart to manually setup the partition I tried this with the exception that I did not use 'clean' and hence did not need to create a brand new partition the reason being that I have other partitions that I want to save I had deleted and then created the primary part with the installer and then when that failed I used diskpart to format it and set it to active After that I exit diskpart and reboot the machine but I'm still getting the same error As per the instructions after the reboot I simply clicked 'next' with the default partition selected and did not do any extra fiddling So one obvious question is is 'clean' required by Win Is the Grub MBR fouling this up I would think an install wouldn't care what was there before as long as it has permission to overwrite it I don't want to erase those other partitions if I can avoid it Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Install error: Unable to create new system partition or locate....

The fix which works most often is "Clean" Command but you can try the other steps first for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums.

There is a simple solution here that works well for Dual boot Ubuntu-Win7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/327949-install-error-unable-create-new-system-partition-locate.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone A while ago my grandparents gave me an old HP desktop They thought it would be fun for me to screw around with it I learnt a bit more about building computers and decided I would just upgrade this old pc I bought new CPUs and RAM and a new graphics card with the money i got from my new job at maccas only yrs old by the way however the OEM motherboard a m n-la wouldnt take the Phenom x so i replaced it with a motherboard ASUS a m vm my friend had lying around That's where my problems began When I installed the new motherboard I tried to boot from the hard drive which hung at the starting windows screen and then a Windows ultimate disk and was able Installed hangs) new install to motherboard, windows (system unable to get through the loading files Installed new motherboard, unable to install windows (system hangs) part but the system would hang at quot Starting Windows quot without the windows animation I also tried xp and even an ME disk I found All resulting in the same problem Now arises a new problem my SATA HDD is not detected in the BIOS in this PC or any others I tried So I'm assuming its dead Do I need a new HDD where I am Adelaide I Installed new motherboard, unable to install windows (system hangs) can pick up one for about and Installed new motherboard, unable to install windows (system hangs) if so what steps do I have to take to install Windows Original specs a m n la asus motherboard AMD sempron ghz Onboard graphics OEM w psu mb ddr mhz ram IDE gb hdd Upgraded Specs Phenom x had athlon x running in old motherboard before Asus a n VM motherboard nVidia GTX Corsair w PSU gb kingstob ddr mhz ram SATA gb HDD Thanks Dan

A:Installed new motherboard, unable to install windows (system hangs)

Sounds like you need a new HD, or swap in an older one if you have it.

Then Clean Install Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/246270-installed-new-motherboard-unable-install-windows-system-hangs.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am having a problem with doing a fresh install of Windows It is on a Dell to new unable a partition Setup Install Error system create was Inspiron with a GB hard drive There was an original install but the computer was having issues as some files were corrupted I used the Windows disc to format the hard drive and booted from CD after restarting However when I try to install the new Windows it sits at the part where it says Expanding files Then after a while an error pops up that says Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition See the Setup log files for more information Any help would be greatly appreciated I have read a lot of posts on this same issue but have yet to find one that applies closely to my situation I am getting frustrated trying to figure it out lol Please help Install Error Setup was unable to create a new system partition If I need to supply you with other information to help me figure it out I can

A:Install Error Setup was unable to create a new system partition

Try wiping the HD to see if boot sector corruption or possibly a Dynamic disk is blocking install: SSD - HDD Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Next reset the CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

While in BIOS setup set SATA controller to AHCI to try install. Unplug all other HD's and peripherals.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/195696-install-error-setup-unable-create-new-system-partition.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I recently restored the whole system on my sister's HP because of a virus that I was unable to remove manually.
The system restore went fine until it reached the point where it was going to reinstall Windows. The computer just turned itself off and the software install was not complete. Nor am I able to reinstall it again. Therefore I have to hold down ctrl+alt+del, go to task manager, click on audit.exe and end the process to turn the computer on. But I can't do anything with it in safemode. The main problem is: I can't connect to the internet! It won't find my wireless network even though Network Discovery is on. What can I do about the internet? And is there any way to install Windows again without a CD?
Thanks in advance!

A:Unable to connect to the internet after system restore and Windows install

whats the model of the HP by tapping F10 or F11 as it boots you may get into the recovery manager

i confused is the software now installed on the PC ?

is this a restore going back to a previous date - or a re-install

when you re-install the software you may need to download drivers - lets see a device manager

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-the-internet-after-system-restore-and-windows-install.1022714/
Relevancy 51.17%

Win 7-64 Ultimate, don't know if it has SP1

I get the 0x80080005 error, no matter what I do. Can't get Win Update to run, can't install XP mode, can't even get the System Update Readiness Tool to install. Has been updated rfegularly until this ...

A:Unable to install updates or System Update Readiness Tool!

thats funny cause i just installed it and the readiness tool and now i have no sound and streaming videos play like there on a dial-up at 27k. same os.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-install-updates-or-system-update-readiness-tool-566281.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Noticed computer was acting quite sluggish Could not do Windows Updates Install Hijack this Eventually got it or Browser Hijacked, System Unable Complete Install Restore to Antivirus installed by changing install name or run update any anti-virus Help would be greatly appreciated Would not even let me try Browser Hijacked, Unable to Install Antivirus or Complete System Restore a system restore Logfile of Browser Hijacked, Unable to Install Antivirus or Complete System Restore Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXEC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS msmsgs exeC program files steam steam exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files Vidalia Bundle Vidalia vidalia exeC Program Files Electronic Arts EADM Core exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC Program Files Vidalia Bundle Privoxy privoxy exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Vidalia Bundle Tor tor exeC Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEO - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Ru... Read more

A:Browser Hijacked, Unable to Install Antivirus or Complete System Restore

DDS Log:

DDS (Version 1.0.1) - NTFSx86
Run by Trey at 17:59:09.23 on Mon 12/15/2008
Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_03
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.2047.1279 [GMT -6:00]

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k HTTPFilter
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\RaMaint.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindServiceAE.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\msmsgs.exe
C:\program files\steam\steam.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\Vidalia Bundle\Vidalia\vidalia.exe
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EADM\Core.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\Vidalia Bundle\Privoxy\privoxy.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Vidalia Bundle\Tor\tor.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Plugin Manager\skypePM.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Trey\Desktop\dds.scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uInternet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = iexplore
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
uURLSearchHooks: {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - c:\progra~1\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dll
BHO: {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - c:\progra~1\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dll
BHO: {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelper.dll
BHO: {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - c:\progra~1\micros~2\office12\GRA8E1~1.DLL
BHO: {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - c:\program files\java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
TB: {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - c:\progra~1\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dll
uRun: [Steam] "c:\program files\steam\steam.exe" -silent
uRun: [MSMSGS] "c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
uRun: [AlcoholAutomount] "c:\program files\alcohol soft\alcohol 120\axcmd.exe" /automount
uRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/186836/browser-hijacked-unable-to-install-antivirus-or-complete-system-restore/
Relevancy 50.74%

it just keeps saying that over n over ! or locate an existing system partition . and its says disk 0 partition 1 232.6 b right on the list , man . please help me get windows on my computer , it wont do anythingobviously without a os and I dont know anything about this stuff

A:setup is unable to create new system partition - windows 7 clean install

There should be an option on the bottom that allows you to delete that partition. Once it is deleted it will be seen as unallocated space and you should be able to install Win 7 on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-is-unable-to-create-new-system-partition-windows-7-clean-install.875969/
Relevancy 50.74%

In an attempt to remove a virus I made some changes to my registry after saving a backup of it using CCleaner Upon restart my computer failed to boot the windows logo appeared for a few seconds as usual then a blue error screen flashed and before I could read it the system restarted Now it boots to a prompt to either boot normally or perform system repair Booting normally causes the same boot failure mentioned above I located a windows bit repair disc and restarted the system pressing a key when prompted to boot from disc However the automatic system repair was unable to locate any system restore points nor even a windows installation upon which to perform the automatic repair I have a separate hard drive installed that can boot into Ubuntu using the grub boot manager and using ubuntu I can navigate the files on the windows hard drive including the registry backup that I 7 boot repair Ult unable Windows to 32b install failure; system find made Does anyone have advice for repairing my system A little more information the automatic repair attempts a series of tests that exit with error code x no error It then says that the quot Root cause found System volume on disc is corrupt quot It attempts to perform File System repair chkdsk but that fails Error code x f Windows 7 Ult 32b boot failure; system repair unable to find install The hard drive Windows is installed on is a Seagate Barracuda rpm gb

A:Windows 7 Ult 32b boot failure; system repair unable to find install

Repair Install
How to Do a Repair Install to Fix Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/185610-windows-7-ult-32b-boot-failure-system-repair-unable-find-install.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a multiboot win xpx TWO DISK system showing win as the C drive and XPx as D when examining via My Computer Cloned the C drive win using Samsung tool to same size Samsung evo SSD When put in computer the dual boot option gone The SSD clone of win runs ok but with that in alone no XP disk My Computer now shows two drive C local disk GB free of GB and D Data Mb containing a folder Boot containing folders such as cs-CZ containing a single file such as bootmgr exe mui plus install disc ssd clone win7 multiboot disk two win7 xp XPx64 to Minitool Partition shows D Data primary active amp boot C system Trying to fix the multiboot on the original clone multiboot two disc win7 xp install to win7 ssd plus disk XPx64 installation has killed the old XPx disk drive now unrecognisable during boot and left me with a system having only win and no boot loader showing during startup What I want is a duplicate of clone multiboot two disc win7 xp install to win7 ssd plus disk XPx64 the original setup but with the SSD running the win section Am prepared to reload the XPx as reinstall although I have a copy of the XP drive if that could be somehow reattached or if the damaged XP disk could be repaired My guess is that the problem comes from the cloning not being what is should ie bit for bit image of the original disc including MBR etc Correcting this would not help because I have damaged the original setup For a start is it possible to make the SSD run win but appear as a single drive and then add a disk and load XP and have it show as D This keeps all the higher disks with their original labels ie DVD E datas F G and H

A:clone multiboot two disc win7 xp install to win7 ssd plus disk XPx64

PW confirms that C is the booted OS as signified by the System label - while in Disk Mgmt this label would be Boot. The boot files actually booting Win7 are on D as signified by System Active.

To confirm this please post back screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image and we will tell you how to correct it once we know for sure. If it confirms it by showing the labels reversed (which would be correct due to PW's unusual labeling scheme) then as long as C is a Primary partition you'd simply Mark C Partition Active and run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times to move boot files to C.

The best way to configure a Dual Boot on separate HD's is to set have each HD boot itself, then set preferred to boot first in BIOS Boot Priority, boot the other (XP) using the one-time BIOS Boot interrupt key at boot. If this is not to your liking, install EasyBCD to Win7 to add XP.

But we need to sort out your Win7 boot first so let's see the screenshot. Confirm also whether XP partition is marked System Active in DIsk Mgmt, or Boot Active in PW.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/336892-clone-multiboot-two-disc-win7-xp-install-win7-ssd-plus-disk-xpx64.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Scenario is I have a new sata3 SSD drive on which I want to install Win7. The PC has an existing build of Win7 on a different disc which i want to reformat & use for data. I tried this previously and ended up with a dual booting system. Trying to remove the old Win7 installation and format that disc created much trouble so now I'm starting again.

Can someone tell me please how to:
1. Install Win7 on the new SSD disc (I'm assuming this will work ok as I've done it before),
2. Have the system recognise only the new Win7 installation at boot & not the old Win7 installation so I don't have to select which OS to use,
3. Reformat the old Win7 disc and remove any boot references that it might hold.

Thanks!

A:Create Win7 installation on new disc and remove old Win7 install

Only have the SSD connected when you install the new OS.

Then connect your old drive, boot into your new installation and format the old drive.

All done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/167661-create-win7-installation-new-disc-remove-old-win7-install.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to install bit Windows in order to repair windows installer which gave me lot of problems that i couldn't solve So i tried & Wpeinit of install Win7 during pending installation Win7 Cancel an upgrade installation as suggested in another forum with the original cd Win was already installed on the pc Wpeinit during Win7 install & Cancel pending installation of Win7 in this way i only tryed to repair the error The installation was going well No problems were encounted as the program proceeded through the gathering files process Then a MSDOS window appeared and the installation hung-up At the top of the box is Adminitrator X WINDOWS BT Windows system Wpeinit during Win7 install & Cancel pending installation of Win7 cmd exe Inside the box is X WINDOWS BT Windows system gt wpeinit On the next line is X WINDOWS BT Windows system gt The installation has stopped Now i can regularly use the pc if before booting that screen if i press up and down keys alternatively until i can choose to continue win installation or start windows In that way the pc works fine But i would like to prevent this operation the pc isn't mine So anyone knows how to cancel a previous pending installation of win Thanks in advance

A:Wpeinit during Win7 install & Cancel pending installation of Win7

Try continuiing the installation to see if it will proceed or offer to roll back, Then try to start it over again watching for issues it flags to resolve. Back up your files, of course. Unplug all peripherals and other HD's.

If it fails I would back up your files, gather program installers and Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail Win7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/222419-wpeinit-during-win7-install-cancel-pending-installation-win7.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I have purchased and downloaded both bit and bit Windows Professional no CDs or media here only download version I sucessfully upgraded from Vista to Win Then I upgrade (32bit) error Win7 Win7 (64bit) to install upgraded my hard disk Gb GB and RAM GB to to GB Now I would like to go from Win bit to bit When I try and run the Win -P-retail-en-us x exe file it upacks the box then stops with this error quot We are unable to create or save files in the folder in which this application was downloaded Please check the folder properties to make sure that you have security permission on the folder to write flies and that that folder is not read only quot I am the System Admin and I have full rights and have moved the exe and the setup box files to My Documentsand I have modified the directory properties attributes but I still get the same error over and over I searched the posts and some people stated one needs a clean install others say you can upgrade from any version so I am trying the upgrade here especially since the upgrade from Vista to Win was smooth and did require all the extra work of a reinstall Can someone help me here Thanks

A:Win7 (32bit) to Win7 (64bit) upgrade install error

I believe to go from 32-bit to 64-bit, you will have to boot off the DVD. The installer is a 64 bit application that won't run under 32-bit. Find instructions to create a DVD if you don't already have it.

Good luck!

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/36858-win7-32bit-win7-64bit-upgrade-install-error.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently switched out some hardware and I now have a bit processor so I'm trying to install Win bit through a custom install Unfortunately I can't even get through the quot Collecting Information quot step due to this error quot A required CD DVD drive device driver is missing If you have a driver floppy disk CD DVD or USB flash drive please insert it now Note If the Windows installation media is in - 64 Install bit (new Custom motherboard) 32 Win7 Error to Win7 bit the CD DVD drive you can safely remove Win7 32 bit Custom Install to Win7 64 bit - Error (new motherboard) it for this step quot I looked for quite some time browsing through forums I usually never have to make help posts because there are solutions already out there I've seen this error come up a lot for people but they either didn't burnt heir disk correctly or didn't have the right drivers installed for their mobo I'm barely and built Win7 32 bit Custom Install to Win7 64 bit - Error (new motherboard) this computer myself so Win7 32 bit Custom Install to Win7 64 bit - Error (new motherboard) it is likely I screwed up in a few places Hardware to notice Hard Drives Hitachi - HD GLA OS windows bit - trying for bit CPU i k Sandy Bridge OC to GHz Motherboard MSI P A-GD Memory GB x gb G-Skill I do have a PCI-E card to convert my IDE CD DVD ROM and burner to SATA because my mobo doesn't have an IDE slot Does it have to do with that driver I didn't install it yet Or is there something else i'm doing wrong In BIOS I have it set-up to load through the CD ROM and even my USB I have a slow burned DVD of Win and bootable USB with WIN made on Ubuntu I can feel I'm close to getting this figured out Thanks in advance Luke

A:Win7 32 bit Custom Install to Win7 64 bit - Error (new motherboard)

Do you have a driver for the PCI-E card? If so, install it when you get that message. Nothing to lose and a good install to gain

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/198406-win7-32-bit-custom-install-win7-64-bit-error-new-motherboard.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey, I currently have Windows 7 Build 7264 64-bit, and I have a lot of apps installed. I don't want to lose them, so I want to upgrade. Can I do this with my specs? (64 bit, 7264) Upgrade to 7600 RTM.

If I can't, how can I keep my apps through a clean install?

A:Upgrade (not clean install) from Win7 7264 to Win7 RTM?

should be able to upgrade...
but if you cant upgrade, you can always use windows easy transfer? or something ( I never used it b4)
Clean installation is ALWAYS the best. Upgrading causes a lot of errors.
Also, just ot let you know, windows 7 7600 is MUCH more stable than any earlier windwos 7 builds (explorer and ie stop crashing0!!!)

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/19956-upgrade-not-clean-install-win7-7264-win7-rtm.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a dual boot Win on C drive and WinXP on D they are separate drives usually I boot into Win today I was doing some work on WinXP XP System, Win Win7, a Win7 HELP! boot dual Solved: Won't in When I completed it and tried to go back to Win Solved: Win7 Won't boot in a dual Win7, Win XP System, HELP! I got an error at the bottom of the black boot choice screen that said quot Boot selection failed because a device attached to the system isn t accessible quot I have a trial edition of AYRecovery on my PC It is a full version for two weeks It hasn t expred yet When I clicked AYrecovery to go back to an earlier time I a reboot and the same error message When I tried this for every time I had listed on AY Recovery I had the same error I tried booting into SAFE Mode I got the same error message I tried booting from the Win disk I made when I bought it online and it wouldn t give me any choices What can I do My specs are above in the pc icon So far I can boot into XP but not Win nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I am currently running XP Professional 2002 SP3. I purchased Win7 Home Premium SP1, 64 bit on-line last week and they sent me the OEM version. Because I opened the package they will not accept a return of OEM for the Retail version.

Is there a way to install OEM on my PC?

I have a Dell Dimension 5100 with 4Gb RAM and plenty of external HD space.

A:How do I install Win7 OEM when I should have purchased Win7 Retail

You are allowed to install it on your computer. There is no difference except that the installation is stuck on your computer and cannot be moved. Well, unless that was from another PC. Where did you get it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/330173-how-do-i-install-win7-oem-when-i-should-have-purchased-win7-retail.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Right now I'm on MacBook Pro and I'm trying to make a bootable usb to install windows on my other computer On this guide I followed only the first step How to Boot A Linux Live USB Stick Mac, (need bootable on my on Making win7 install pc. usb win7 help) to On Your Mac Step Check And Format Your Drive then I followed this Creating a Windows USB installation disk on a Mac - Super User To put the windows Making win7 bootable usb on Mac, to install win7 on my pc. (need help) on usb with terminal The usb should be all set I plug it in the computer start it spam f to open the boot option and then I get the list to chose from where to boot Floppy LS Hard Disk inside there are options one is the usb name CDROM ZIP USB-FDD USB-ZIP USB-CDROM USB-HDD Legacy LAN I'v tried every option and nothing is booting the usb Even under Hard Disk where it shows the usb name after I press it it says booting from CD DVD When I'm in BIOS on top it says CMOS Setup Utility - Copyright C - Award Software I don't know what else to try so I am asking for some help I'm not good with computers so if you are trying to get more information on the situation tell me where to find it Long story short can't boot from usb and don't know why

A:Making win7 bootable usb on Mac, to install win7 on my pc. (need help)

Is the target PC UEFI? If so you want to use a Windows PC to follow Option One of UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows.

Otherwise follow Step 1 of Clean Reinstall Windows 7 which also will show you how to do a perfect install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/353006-making-win7-bootable-usb-mac-install-win7-my-pc-need-help.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Bought Toshiba Qosmio X505-896 with Win 7 Home Premium x64 installed (C). Upgraded to Win 7 Pro x64. Partitioned drive with Easeus and did clean install on new partition (E) with another Win 7 Home Premium x64. When boot to the Win 7 Pro partition shows everything proper C drive, E drive, D drive - dvd. But when boot to the Home Premium partition it shows itself as drive C and shows the actual drive C as D, and the dvd as drive E. Home premium installation would not recognize video adapter, network adapter, etc. Not sure what happened during the installation that the drives show differently depending on the boot partition. Was finally able to get network driver loaded and to the internet, so believe Home Premium was activated. Is there a way to correct all this without doing format and another clean install on partition.

A:Custom win7 x win7 install on two partitions

Nothing to correct - this is exactly as it should be in Win7 which always itself as C when booted.

Most drivers are in installer with newer delivered quickly via optional Windows Updates.

Any drivers then missing in Device Manager can be found on the Toshiba Support Downloads webpage for your model, or click Update Driver in Device Manager, then browse to the D:/Windows/System32/Drivers and /driverstore folders to see if it will pick up driver from there. Driver Install - Device Manager

Check the activation status at Computer>Properties. You can insert the Home Premium Product Key on COA sticker there to activate with the license which came with computer.

May I ask why you upgraded HP to Pro and then Dual Booted a new HP install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/136934-custom-win7-x-win7-install-two-partitions.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have already searched the forums and while people have had this error it has not been under the circumstances I have and I am sure lots of others have I created a USB boot drive with windows vista on and attempted to install on a laptop with a standard sata drive It is picked up the in the setup and when I reach the screen of quot where do you install windows quot I get "Windows system USB Install unable find Vista meet criteria" volume Boot the above error The problem seems to be as I understand it that the first boot priority is a USB USB Boot Vista Install "Windows unable find system volume meet criteria" drive and the creators of Vista put in place a rule where only a CD drive or similar can have a higher priority than the disk you wish to install Windows On the microsoft support database the article states that this is by design Is there a way around this I have tried the following methods Burning Plop boot manager to disk and booting to usb through that Still same message Used the Diskpart method to create the original USB The method and USB works perfect and I have also had sucess with Windows Used method on the hard drive I want to install and booted from the hard drive still the same message Tried making multiple partitions on the drive and installing to them The reason I need this on a USB medium and not DVD is The Vista ISO I have is gig big Both x and x all versions updated to SP I am going to get Duel Layer I refurbish laptops and so I am installing different operating systems and having the reliability of a USB drive is amazing I also use to great effect Easy Boot I have created a custom drive with which I can install Win from ISO's along with many tools and programs used to solve clients computers However the gig ISO I want to use will not boot so I am reduced to the methods above Any help would be greatly appreciated Regards Luke

A:USB Boot Vista Install "Windows unable find system volume meet criteria"

Bit of an odd question... I revived an automated e-mail saying S2926 replied to my thread. It tells me the message in the e-mail but I cannot find the reply on here?

I have managed to get my easy 2 boot usb working with the Vista ISO and I am currently installing as we speak. It just needed de-fragging. Feel so silly. But the original problem remains. I tried changing boot order and enabled boot menu at boot and tried to boot from usb but the problem still remained.

Either way thank you S2926 for your reply.

Regards,

Luke

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/302725-usb-boot-vista-install-windows-unable-find-system-volume-meet-criteria.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all, I bought a new HP laptop and it was running over 80 processes when I first turned it on. I really want to wipe everything and start over.

I have an upgrade retail version of Win 7 home premium x64 that I had installed on my desktop last year. Can I use that particular DVD to clean install Windows over the OEM Windows that HP put on my new laptop and then use the OEM Windows serial sticker on the laptop to reactivate Windows? Will there be any problems?

A:Install retail Win7 over OEM Win7

Hello Gixxer, welcome to Seven Forums!

You will have to use the exact same version for the key that was installed to the lappy by the manufacturer to use the COA key with a 'new' install; have a look at this information below and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

After you have copied out or made back-ups of the data you need to save to external media; if you can find an exact Windows version that the PC shipped with you can do a clean install using the activation key on the COA sticker attached to the PC though it may require a robo-call to MS to sort the OEM batch-key.

How to Activate Windows 7 by Phone
If you can't find an exact same version, you could use the info in this tutorial to create an "all versions" installer of any version Windows installer, to install using the same method I posted above.

Windows 7 Universal Installation Disc - Create
After you have made backups of everything you care to save, the best method is to do a complete wipe (secure erase) of the entire Hard Disk Drive first, it over-writes everything, all the old Windows code including all the old drivers/programs, giving you the best possible space to install Windows to.

SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/155231-install-retail-win7-over-oem-win7.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I had a run-in with MS Office 2007 that ended up (my bad I'm sure) necessitating a repair install of Windows 7 (64 bit) after a complete uninstall of Office. The Windows repair went well with the exception of a couple of drivers; easily adjusted.

Then I did a clean install of Office 2007. It sort of went well. Except that every time I try to do something with it (like accessing Visual Basic to put my macros back in), it's telling me - incessantly - that files don't have sufficient permission blah, blah. Well, I'm setting the permissions but it's over and over and feels like every file in "Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/..." needs permission attention.

Is there ANY way to avoid doing this over and over and over and...? And could I have avoided this by setting something different in one of the installs?

Sigh.

Thanks as always for the help.

-G.

A:After Win7 Repair Install & Office 2007 fresh install; no permissions!

Do you get asked for the same file or do they change? Try setting the permission at the folder level?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/374206-after-win7-repair-install-office-2007-fresh-install-no-permissions.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi (harddisk failure) - copy/backup install during fast Win7 install My laptop has two particitions C and D C seems to have quite some bad sectors Ran chkdsk yesterday for whole day and it marked out some bad sectors Now when I do fresh install to drive C installation cannot complete Once copying from DVD is over I can pass the quot starting windows quot screen but then it loads the blue desktop and an error pop up saying windows was not installed successfully and try to restart But this just keeps going in circles and never finishes I also tried to install OS on D without formatting D but ended up with the same situation What I am trying now is to back up everything on D and redo the disk partitioning Win7 install - fast copy/backup during install (harddisk failure) and try again But because i do not have an OS now and i cannot install windows on C the only option I have for backing up is using the command line window during the installation to copy files from D to an external usb disk I am using quot xcopy S quot and that is extremely slow driver D has G of data All the other threads about using robocopy etc tools does not apply here because i do not even have an OS So my question is if there is any way I can do the copying backup faster Thanks

A:Win7 install - fast copy/backup during install (harddisk failure)

Get Macrium reflect free on the pc your typing this from and have it make a usb recovery disk when it asks you too then boot to it on the laptop with your external drive also plugged in and then have it make an image of the d partition to your external. You can then erase both partitions in the windows installer and make a fresh one. When it is done you can install Reflect on the laptop and then you can mount that image with it for file transfer back. But if your install is failing it might be your disk is just to far gone at this point in which case you should image your data so you have it anyways.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/382976-win7-install-fast-copy-backup-during-install-harddisk-failure.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi
I am unable to unable to install new apps, unable to open my regisry, task manager is greyed out.

The message pops up "Registry editing has been disabled by your Administrator"

This is newly installed window as yesterday my old also got same message & all my apps/programs crashed, so i thought re-installing with complete formatting of window drive will solve my problem, but even on new window the problem remains.

I have tried almst every option available on net to enable my registry editing but none worked.

This issue is also not allowing to install Malwarebyte for any scan of malware etc.

Plz help me out.

A:unable to edit registry, task manager greyed out & unable to install any app

If you formatted the hdd and installed Windows from a legit source then I would think....if malware is involved...either
an external drive or your router is reinfecting your computer.

What source for Windows are you using to install Windows?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618270/unable-to-edit-registry-task-manager-greyed-out-unable-to-install-any-app/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello this is my first post on the forum and I hope you can help me I have recently been given an HP b probook It had been dropped and the hard drive had failed I installed a new hdd and got a copy of Windows ultimate x The install went well until I discovered I couldn't connect to the Internet There are at least drivers missing They are for the SM Bus controller Broadcom netxtreme gigabit ethernet controller Broadcom netxtreme II network controller two unknown devices Now I think about there may be others as well I checked the system drivers folder and they are all drivers Cannot missing on install driver new / win7 install ultimate there I think Cannot install driver / drivers missing on new install win7 ultimate I tried to install the drivers in the usual way but windows says it cannot find them I tried to install them from the windows disc Again windows couldn't find them I connected to my router via cable to try get cconnected that way but no luck I have downloaded drivers to cd and installed from there but I got an error code device cannot start In sysinfo it says driver not installed properly So I am at a loss as to what to try next I hope the forum can assist with this Kind regards Amazingmin Dean

A:Cannot install driver / drivers missing on new install win7 ultimate

Hello and welcome Amazing I am not a fan of the Windows feature mate and always go for the manufacturers site for drivers
These are what you need I think http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/sit...tte.cachetoken

Now if you cannot connect to the net you might need to get them onto stick on another machine and install from the stick.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/334691-cannot-install-driver-drivers-missing-new-install-win7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 44.72%

ive never had this issue before and installed a few SSD drives before including an 840 and 2x 840 EVO's (RAID) - when i get to setup it says it "was unable to create a new system partition"

anyone know why this is>?

its replacing an OCZ 60Gb which never had this issue?
its going in core=i5 p67 system

there is a HDD on SATA3_0 and EVO SSD on SATA3_1 and DVD on SATA2_0 and USB mouse, keyboard & printer

help

thanks

A:Solved: Win7 install on Samsung EVO 250Gb will not install on the drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-win7-install-on-samsung-evo-250gb-will-not-install-on-the-drive.1129488/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have an old XP machine An Acer Aspire I put Win Ultimate on it but it hasn't taken Always gives me an error message and asks for the install disk again - which was a USB stick - but when i provide it How Bad machine? Win7 Remove Install XP with from Dual New install nothing changes So How Remove Bad New Win7 Install from Dual install with XP machine? I need to get it off and start again I have physical disks divided into virtual disks Disk manager describes them like this Disk G Fat System That's C drive Disk G NTFS Active That's D drive Disk G NTFS Active That's E drive G NTFS Boot That's G drive WinXP is installed on the G boot drive I had G free on the D drive and I just let Win find it and install itself there All the advice I find on the web says delete the partition of the Win OS you want to remove Well I don't want to delete that partition because it has gigabytes of data already existing before Win installed itself there So how do I go about it Is it simply a matter of deleting the Windows Folder and editing the boot manager text file There was another old XP OS on that drive used before How Remove Bad New Win7 Install from Dual install with XP machine? I installed this one on G and win has renamed it windows old That's fine There's also a Program data folder that seems to have been made at the time of this win install That should go too There's also a Program Files folder that doesn't seem to have been made by Win How Remove Bad New Win7 Install from Dual install with XP machine? because of folder dates I don't know about it Is it part of that ancient XP install or is it part of the new Win install Either way it can go I don't need that ancient install it is just rubbish now What should I do

A:How Remove Bad New Win7 Install from Dual install with XP machine?

Post a maximized/resized screen print of Disk Management so all info is displayed using these instructions:
Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

Quote:
I had 20G free on the D drive and I just let Win7 find it and install itself there.

I'm not sure what that really means, or what would happen installing an OS that way.

I install Windows into a pre-defined empty partition, or into unallocated space.

I suggest using WizTree free so you can more easily see all files/folders on a partition.
It displays hidden and protected files without making any Explorer view changes.
They have a Portable Zip available, no installation needed.
Antibody Software - WizTree finds the files and folders using the most disk space on your hard drive

To me it sounds like your Disk Management is a mess and needs cleanup

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399005-how-remove-bad-new-win7-install-dual-install-xp-machine.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Recently i had a windows error that prevented me from logging into my profile, so i ended up doing a restore and that fixed the problem. But now like half of my programs are working, all failing to load. So i was thinking of just doing a clean install of windows and starting over. But the deal is that i dual boot my machine with linux mint, so i was wondering if it would be possible to do a clean install of windows 7 without having to delete the mint partition. thanks for the help in advance.

A:clean install of win7 and keeping install of mint

Welcome to Seven Forums.
Shouldn't be a problem. You should be able to delete the partition that windows resides on, create a new partition, then load Windows 7 in the newly partitioned space.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/170855-clean-install-win7-keeping-install-mint.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Just did a clean install of windows pro on new hdd Told setup to only install important driver install HDD win7 install Fresh advice and need updates and auto updates in turned off Searching this forum i found a few folks Fresh win7 install need driver and HDD install advice say quot definitely let windows install all the drivers for MOB devices etc they are the experts quot while another post said quot always use MOB site drivers since they are often tweaked for exact MOB specs no matter how old they are quot So I'm at a crossroads wondering which to do Asus software was a nightmare before Granted I did install almost all of it and probably made it a mess qfan asusupdater Volt something something allowing in OS O C tweaks etc Drivers from them didn't seem to be a problem though I want to avoid any bloatware which comes along with driver packages sometimes I have yellow exclamation in PC properties USB controller Fresh win7 install need driver and HDD install advice but that's because everything is running on minimal drivers or no drivers I did install windows update version of Realtek network card and ATI display driver but thats all I have hdds in the machine new hdd ST with win another new hdd unformatted and original C drive to allow for file transfering then I will yank it and convert into external for backup Also have dvd burners Everything is visible to BIOS and Windows except unformatted ST will use for applications and data media I'm hoping once I do install drivers however that this drive will become visible Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide I'm really please to have found this site ps i'm assuming my system specs will be visible as I filled it out completely during registration

A:Fresh win7 install need driver and HDD install advice

Quote:
"always use MOB site drivers,

Best to use the manufacturer's drivers.

Quote:
Windows except unformatted ST2000

Check in Disk management & format.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/273771-fresh-win7-install-need-driver-hdd-install-advice.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Pretty damn amazed this even happened, I selected Defrag partition, it stated that it needed to restart to complete, since I was doing things I clicked cancel hoping to finish it later. The second I clicked cancel 100 error messages came up, the Paragon software showed 2 giant partitions and then the HDD spun down.

I'm now running Vista SP1 and intend to stay here. Farewell 7.

A:DO NOT INSTALL PARAGON PRODUCTS. destroyed win7 install

Well i havent had any of those problems!!!! Hasta la vista.. errr...vista baby!!!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/10931-do-not-install-paragon-products-destroyed-win7-install.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have been having so many problems with the Windows 10 installation I'm thinking about going back to Win7 until MS works out all the bugs in Win10.

My PC came with 8.1 and updated to Win 10. Win10 was fine until the last major update when everything went h--- in a hand-basket. Update reset everything to defaults, installed apps I'd uninstalled.

Question: Can I remove the HD with win10 and put it on the shelf until MS gets it running. I want to install a bare HD and install a valid genuine Windows 7 OS on the bare drive. Is there anything I need to know before I give this a try? I know I'll have to reinstall all programs and all missing win7 updates...

Will I be able to install the Win 10 HD at a later date, install updates and be back up and running under Window 10 user accounts?

A:Install Win7 to replace OEM win8.1 w/Win10 install

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Since you're talking about a separate win-7 installation on the machine your plan is sound and exactly how you should do it

You might in your bios have to disable fast start and possibly secure boot but otherwise you shouldn't have any problems installing win-7 fresh
You might have to gather drivers if this is a laptop but a desktop would have no issues windows updates will provide most
If you review device manager and see if any unknown device listings are there just post about them same goes for installation of win-7 issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/388231-install-win7-replace-oem-win8-1-w-win10-install.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have an old XP machine An Acer Aspire I put Win Ultimate on it but it hasn't taken Always gives me an error message and asks for the install disk again - which was a USB stick - but when i provide it nothing changes So I need to get it off and start again I have physical disks divided into virtual disks Disk manager describes them like this Disk G Fat System That's C drive Disk G NTFS Active That's D drive Disk How Install Remove with install from machine? XP Bad Dual New Win7 G NTFS How Remove Bad New Win7 Install from Dual install with XP machine? Active That's E drive G NTFS Boot That's G drive WinXP is installed on the G boot drive I had G free on the D drive and I just let Win find it and install itself there All the advice I find on the web says delete the partition of the Win OS you want to remove Well I don't want to delete that partition because it has gigabytes of data already existing before Win installed itself there So how do I go about it Is it simply a matter of deleting the Windows Folder and editing the boot manager text file There was another old How Remove Bad New Win7 Install from Dual install with XP machine? XP OS on that drive used before I installed this one on G and win has renamed it windows old That's fine There's also a Program data folder that seems to have been made at the time of this win install That should go too There's also a Program Files folder that doesn't seem to have been made by Win because of folder dates I don't know about it Is it part of that ancient XP install or is it part of the new Win install Either way it can go I don't need that ancient install it is just rubbish now What should I do

A:How Remove Bad New Win7 Install from Dual install with XP machine?

Post a maximized/resized screen print of Disk Management so all info is displayed using these instructions:
Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

Quote:
I had 20G free on the D drive and I just let Win7 find it and install itself there.

I'm not sure what that really means, or what would happen installing an OS that way.

I install Windows into a pre-defined empty partition, or into unallocated space.

I suggest using WizTree free so you can more easily see all files/folders on a partition.
It displays hidden and protected files without making any Explorer view changes.
They have a Portable Zip available, no installation needed.
Antibody Software - WizTree finds the files and folders using the most disk space on your hard drive

To me it sounds like your Disk Management is a mess and needs cleanup

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/399005-how-remove-bad-new-win7-install-dual-install-xp-machine.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am having a hard time staying on any web browser firefox IE Safari for any significant period of time in the last week I keep getting the message of Blank browser encountered problems and will have to be shut down I have tried uninstalling Firefox and IE but now I can t even reinstall it cause the I keep getting quot file corrupted quot when I try downloading the program again from the originator s site I only have safari now and can t install any program cause it reads everything as corrupted I have Browser/ To Programs On Unable To Unable Install Stay New Any used the following programs to see if I can get rid of whatever is causing this problem SUPERAntisoftware - I keep getting Adware TrackingCookieSpybot- isn t working anymore not loading anymoreMalwarebytes- doesn t show anything wrongThe computer has also been running slow and restarts by itself on occassion I don t know what happened but it keeps getting worse Unable To Stay On Any Browser/ Unable To Install New Programs by the minute Please help update used Unable To Stay On Any Browser/ Unable To Install New Programs Spybot tonight and was able to scan but I noticed the scanning exceeding the files approx thou to almost though That has never happened before I also noticed those extra files had Zlob on them The funny thing is that Spybot couldn t find anything wrong Not sure if this helps

A:Unable To Stay On Any Browser/ Unable To Install New Programs

anyone?

By the way, I am running windows XP professional version 2002.
Please help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172219/unable-to-stay-on-any-browser-unable-to-install-new-programs/
Relevancy 44.29%

Anybody help Quite desperate as this is affecting my work Sometime ago I installed AGV as there seemed to be lil bugs in my comp that Norton could not get AGV managed to detect and delete these bugs but not all problems were solved Norton s subscription was up and I was still quite peeved about Norton s inability to help so I uninstalled it Since then there were more problems I m unable to run help from Start or msconfig from Start Run or system restore The error message is that it can t find the file Even when I go to explorer to double-click the file directly it still won t run I m unable to open ANY file with MS word or powerpoint It would say that the file is unavailable It would also prompt me to replace existing normal dot file I m unable to do the detect and repair it would say error I do to files run MSword unable system with restore/help/msconfig...unable open to not have the installation CD with me anymore I m unable to run any online virus scan Trend Panda even after I made changes to the security settings to allow for ActiveX I m tried to reinstall Norton but it can t run It says unable to run system restore/help/msconfig...unable to open files with MSword CFGWIZ EXE - Unable to locate component cctrust dll was not found I do run Spybot Adaware AGV Winaso regularly Please help thanks -Michelle- I have made a scan and included logs from HijackThis and Silent Runners Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system unable to run system restore/help/msconfig...unable to open files with MSword winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS unable to run system restore/help/msconfig...unable to open files with MSword system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME user LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http nkvd us obfuscated R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer O - BHO DownloadRedirect Class - - CB - C- C D- FA D D A - C Program Files iMesh iMesh iMeshBHO dll O - BHO Need Find Bar BHO - D C E -A A- b-BCDB- B EF D - C Program... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-run-system-restore-help-msconfig-unable-to-open-files-with-msword.380854/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi there nbsp I have bought a tm with win home x my IT guys at the office have installed win ultimate x and obviously all the HP software was missing Not to install able win7,... HP after of clean Software install when I got it back Luckily they saved the old files and I was able to locate the SwSetup folder and managed to install the essential drivers nbsp However I miss all the HP software meaning I can either not find it in the SwSetup folder or it wont install I found the HP Touch Smart Not able to install HP Software after clean install of win7,... something Center folderHPTSLC but I get the hp bin hpbi error and I have found the win Recovery Manager on the HP homepage but I get the hardDisk dll error nbsp I am really a bit upset that I have to spend so much time to solve such a simple problem I have an untouched Recovery partition an untouched HP Not able to install HP Software after clean install of win7,... Tools partition as Not able to install HP Software after clean install of win7,... well as all the files in the SwSetup folder how hard can it be I want the software I paid for and so far I spent several hours searching for a solution to an apparently so simple problem just provide the software on your hp or at least one that reinstalls the Sw from the hdd on the HP Computer if you are afraid that your software might get used on other than HP computers nbsp Can someone please provide me with either the solution to the above mentioned problems a working link to the HP Touch Center applikation altough I have the files it just wont install or tell me how I can reinitiate the HP Software and driver install that happens just after you configure your win Thanks Geen Solved View Solution

A:Not able to install HP Software after clean install of win7,...

I agree, our IT guys screwed this one up, they didnt even know the upgrade thing... :-/ Anyhow, I found a way to install the software I was looking for, just unzip to a folder and run the .msi in the src folder.Although not all the apps had such a folder, most of em had.After playing around with the sw a bit, I realized that I didn't like it anyway, boy am I glad I did not go back to home! and btw, we bought a HP Mini and this one had a nice little software called AppInstl in its swsetup folder, actually just the sw I was looking for. Obviously the same happened with the Mini ("clean" install) but with this app I managed to re-install all the sw I wanted without any problem, except QuickWeb of course, but that seems to be a general problem.Seems to me that HP also saw the need for a "easy install your software after clean install" app. :-) Thanks for all your input, my problem has been solved!Rgds,Geen

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Not-able-to-install-HP-Software-after-clean-install-of-win7/td-p/251139
Relevancy 43.43%

I've a customer whose Win Home bit won't install all the updates He's got a list of updates that when installed results in error code b or I've run SFC successfully with no errors as well as AntiMalwarebytes Also ran MS Fixit which said it found errors and fixed them but it didn't really Curiously when I ran this util in Safe Mode it reported back that two errors were found but only one could be fixed Also ran MS Fixit successfully Downloaded and ran the Update System Readiness Tool which found no errors to fix Booted in Safe Mode and also in Clean Some Win 7 won't install. Can't Win7 Upgrade updates install or SP1 boot Still could not successfully install the updates The Windows Update troubleshooter was run but it too didn't fix the problem Customer had tried the Upgrade route from an ISO he made Some Win7 updates won't install. Can't install SP1 or Win 7 Upgrade and it ran to about completion but then failed He said the failure point happened when the upgrade was installing Some Win7 updates won't install. Can't install SP1 or Win 7 Upgrade applications or something like that I want to re-run the upgrade but what I want to know is is there something else I could check prior something that help me identify the problem TIA

A:Some Win7 updates won't install. Can't install SP1 or Win 7 Upgrade

Oh, one more thing. When the upgrade failed for the customer, the error message referenced lack of disk space. However, he's clearly enough space (~800 Gb). He couldn't remember the exact wording but the message stated something similar to "not enough disk space to install the applications."

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/224161-some-win7-updates-wont-install-cant-install-sp1-win-7-upgrade.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm a new Win7 user and a new Seven Forums user. Quick questiion for you guys... Can I do a clean install of Win7 w/ the same upgrade disc I used for an upgrade install on the same computer? I did an upgrade from Vista install and activated the key.

Windows is working fine btw, but I want to do a clean install. Is it possible or will I need to buy a Windows 7 Disc?

Thx!

A:Clean install of Win7 after an upgrade install?

Hello STC, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Yes, you can do a clean install with a Windows 7 Upgrade copy.

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/85823-clean-install-win7-after-upgrade-install.html
Relevancy 43.43%

hi what is the best way to go about this? should i disable ie8 first, then launch off clean install of ie11 x64? i don't want to patch up from default installed ie8.

also, i noticed the directory still exists in program files x86 should i/can i remove those.

A:clean install of IE11 x64 after Win7 x64 Install

Stand alone installer !
No, I would not remove anything else.
It will not harm anything to leave it there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/396135-clean-install-ie11-x64-after-win7-x64-install.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi. XP dies in April so I need to upgrade my desktop. I'm going Win 7. I have used the machine heavily for 2 - 3 years (Outlook, Ms Office, video editing, sound editing, web support etc) so registry etc. will be messy. It still runs reliably and quickly enough although I have funnies with USB ports going AWOL from time to time.
My question is: Am I better to have a clean start by formatting the system drive and installing Win7 from scratch, or would it be fine to install Win 7 over XP? It seems that the last option would be much easier in terms of not having to re-install everything and not losing Favourites, cookies etc. However, it may just add to the whatever messiness XP leaves behind.
Are there ways to clean up the machine before doing option 2?
Max

A:Should I install Win7 over XP or reformat and do a clean install?

You most definitely want to format and clean install.

Backup your favorites and all your data first. Get your network drivers on a flash drive or something before you start so you can install them and get out to internet from windows 7.

You will have to re install all your programs.

Maybe you should just buy another hard drive, install it, then install Windows 7 on that Strongly consider a Solid State Drive.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ows-7#T1=tab01

Clean Install Windows 7

And XP doesn`t die, it just won`t be supported by Microsoft anymore, and that`s no reason not to keep using an Operating System you like

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/321697-should-i-install-win7-over-xp-reformat-do-clean-install.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey everyone My girlfriend has had her computer for well over a year now Recently it's been crashing alot mostly with the bluescreen but on occasion just freezing Errorcode on bluescreen is STOP x B xF D xC x x Recently it has been impossible to enter windows so we figured it'd be best to re-install windows All we have is a windows XP CD which is fine But when I put in the CD it crashes with the same blue screen I googled the errorcode and I found access and re-install to unable windows Unable to out that alot of people has had simmilar issues and fixed it by going into BIOS and changing SATA mode from AHCI to IDE but i cant find anything in BIOS that allows me to do so Here's a couple of the Unable to access windows and unable to re-install links I found on google with suggestions on how to fix Unable to access windows and unable to re-install it Hard disk not detected Solved Installing XP STOP x B xF D xC x x - Cyber Tech Help Support Forums The computer is Acer

A:Unable to access windows and unable to re-install

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests (in your case, please start with the Hard Drive diagnostics). They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.
If you find hardware issues, here's a link to the hardware forums: Hardware Support - Tech Support Forum

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks
If you find malware, here's a link on how to post in the Security Center: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/unable-to-access-windows-and-unable-to-re-install-594181.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I am running Windows XP Pro on a Dell Desktop The initial problems started when I installed Roxio Copy amp Convert for use with my PSP I restarted after the install utilized the program and then turned off the machine The next morning I had an error message as I opened Windows that states quot bcmwltry exe - Ordinal Not Found The ordinal could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY dll quot This error message does not go away no matter how many times you click OK I believed that I had found the root of this problem bcmwltry exe having to do with my Motorola Wireless Tray Applet I disabled my wireless card since I to files not to run, install, .exe will unable unable reformat am not currently using it but the error message remained I then decided to uninstall Roxio After uninstallation completed I was asked to reboot the machine I did so and that is when the rest of the problems started All of my exe files were now non-recognized by Windows and would not run I can right click on a program and select the open-with option and choose a program from that list but if the appropriate program is not .exe files will not run, unable to install, unable to reformat listed there then I cannot run the program I then tried to do a system restore to see if that would make any difference Then all of the non-recognized files turned into Microsoft Excel files I am unable to install any program from the internet Every time I try to download something it automatically becomes a non-recognized file and prompts me to search the internet for the appropriate program to open the file It was suggested that I back up all of the information regardless of the state it is currently in on my computer onto my external hard drive completely reformat by internal hard drive and take things from there I am unable to initiate a reformat or a Windows Repair from the CD when I insert it into my CD-ROM drive while Windows is running I literally cannot click on the selection I need to use to start that process I then booted my machine from the Windows CD in hopes that it would let me initialize a repair from there When I get to the blue screen where I can choose to either reinstall or repair Windows I am unable to make any selection whatsoever My only option to get out of that screen is to hit the restart button on the tower I have searched multiple forums and help pages in an effort to find out what is going on - I still have the error message that appeared after I installed Roxio bcmwltry exe - Roxio is still on my computer - I cannot install anything whatsoever from the internet - I cannot access Microsoft Help Remote Assistance or any component found in the Control Panel - The Run function does not appear in Safe Mode - I cannot reformat or repair Windows Please help I ran McAfee TrendMicro SuperAntiSpyware and Symantec virus scans and none of them found anything nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exe-files-will-not-run-unable-to-install-unable-to-reformat.622264/
Relevancy 43%

HI, I just installed windows 2000 professional onto my computer. Everything works fine except that the resolution is really grainy. On some web sites I cannot even make out what the words are. I found out that when I go into my monitor settings in display properties I am unable to install the drivers for my monitor. Does anybody know a way in which I can get around this.

A:monitor drivers unable to install on fresh windows 2000 install

Are you really referring to the monitor drivers or the Dispay Adapter drivers?The symptoms you describe sound like the latter issue.

Monitor drivers are no big deal to install, and even if you don't, Windows should use compatible plug and play drivers. Still it's a good idea to install them -- but you get them from the Monitor vendor site. You get the Display Adapter drivers from the Display Adaptor vendor's site.

What Display Adapter model do you have? And are they properly installed?

To install a Monitor driver, you download and unzip the .inf file from the Vendor. Then you select "update driver" and browse to the location of the file you unzipped. Once installed your Monitor should be recognized by model number.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-drivers-unable-to-install-on-fresh-windows-2000-install.354181/
Relevancy 43%

Hello guys I need help for my new build from a fresh install of windows i try to install the drver for my IGPU Intel HD each time i do that i get a BSOD with this message VIDEO TDR FAILURE igdkmd sys Or sometimes it's SYSTEM THREAD EXEPTION NOT HANDELED igdkmd sys i've tried drivers from motherboard manufacturer CD website and intel and some autodetect driver software i always get Unable of driver install to Intel WIN10 HD fresh on install a graphics the same behavior the screen start blinking several time black screen before showing the BSOD then reboot and repeat it self even the driver downloaded by windows update have Unable to install Intel HD graphics driver on a fresh install of WIN10 the same impact i've managed to install it in safe mode but when i Unable to install Intel HD graphics driver on a fresh install of WIN10 restart in normal mode i get the same behavior i've tried different monitors VGA and HDMI tried with UEFI on off gt same result i've tweaked onece the tdr delay to second but didnt work i really need some help here i'm desperate CPU Intel I - KMotherboard ASUS Z PRO GAMING RAM HyperX FURY HX C FBK - Go Kit x Go MHz DDR Non-ECC CL DIMM SSD Samsung EVO MZ- E B EU GB with PLUS W power supply OS WINDOWS FRENCH HOME X -

A:Unable to install Intel HD graphics driver on a fresh install of WIN10

The most likely suspect is a bad video chip.

Now it could be a power related problem too, or heat, but if you have used good parts and a cool case and have tried multiple versions of the driver then it starts looking like hardware failure is likely.

Who makes your 550W power supply?

Double check all of your connections.
And you could go into the UEFI/BIOS and reset all defaults - don't do any tweaking until this problem is resolved.
Is that board running the most recent version of the BIOS?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38448-unable-install-intel-hd-graphics-driver-fresh-install-win10.html
Relevancy 43%

I recently got into a phase where even safe mode would fail to open. So using Puppy Linux I managed to save my data. However now when it's time to reinstall Win7, the CD won't load. I get only two options which I get even without loading the Cd -
1] Startup Repair (Which apparently never ends)
2] Start Windows Normally (something like that)
My boot options are proper and my hard drive n cd drive works that I know for sure since I used the puppy linux cd. I also dont get the "press any key to load from cd".
What am I supposed to do? I just want to format now.

A:Unable to reinstall Win7

Welcome to 7 Forums.

Try starting your computer & when it ceases to go any further, load your installation DVD into the DVD drive & then shut down the computer by holding in the start button until it shuts down. Wait a 10 or 15 second & then restart your computer.

If you have the DVD drive as the first boot option as you mention in your post, then it should boot from the DVD & begin the installation process.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/310946-unable-reinstall-win7.html
Relevancy 43%

ASUS laptop came with Windows 7 Starter and I used Windows Anytime Online upgrade to Windows Ultimate. Now I get a message "new updates are available" and this includes Win7 SP1. When I try to install, I get error message "referenced assembly could not be found. Error:error_sxs_assembly_missing (0x80073701)". I've searched online and tried a couple of fixes but no change. Anyone have a suggestion?

A:unable to load Win7 SP1

Try the Cleanup Tool
Windows 7 SP1 Disk Cleanup Tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/261092-unable-load-win7-sp1.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi guys

It seems i have done something very stupid

What i did:

Changed my HDD to a dynamic drive - Windows warning said that i would only be able to boot main OS, but since i only have Win7 installed i went ahead.

Effect:

Laptop won't boot at all tried recovery disc, but no luck. Just a black screen.. Can't even access BIOS

Any suggestions would be much appriciated!

Relevancy 43%

Greetings folks I got start Win7 to unable home yesterday only to discover that for some odd reason my computer will not start up windows will not load instead i got a message saying that Win was unable to start It asked me if I wanted to restore with a previous restore point I chose yes and for several hours it just sat there occasionally changing screens from the Win logo screen straight to the sign in screen I keep my computer password protected after logging in it just goes to a black screen i can see and move my mouse cursor and it also displays down in the bottom right hand corner of the screen Win7 unable to start Windows Build i don't remember what build number other than Win7 unable to start it started with a I have witnessed that if it sits on this screen for a bit my bubbles screensaver will come on Also i can do Ctrl Alt del and bring up the screen where i can access the task manager and also log out I did this once already and selected to restart my computer it took longer than normal but it did restart however it just went back to the black Win7 unable to start screen again w my mouse cursor My harddrive activity isn't much at this point I can hear it doing something but not like it's working hard if that makes any sense I have backed up about half of my things so I'm hoping that I can maybe boot to the Win install disc and do some kind of repair to salvage it At this point I think that is my only option I wanted to just post my problem here just in case anyone has any other ideas My computer up till yesterday has been working just fine every since I built it just had some random ATI graphic driver issues previously My system specs from what I can remember Gigabyte Motherboard gigs Patriot memory Seagate Barracuda HD TB Creative Soundcard Audigy HiFi ATI HD series graphics card Windows -bit Home edition had all the latest drivers installed Please let me know if you need anything other information

A:Win7 unable to start

Hi please try this Startup Repair - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-unable-to-start-704524.html
Relevancy 43%

I've had to replace my motherboard. When I start win7 it continuously reboots after the "starting windows 7" screen. I have tried the troubleshooting startup but it didn't detect any problems. I have also booted from the original win7 disk and run the repair utility but it didn't find any problems. I ran "bootsect /nt60 SYS /mbr" from the command prompt but this has not fixed the problem.

I've got Win7 Home edition OEM. Maybe this doesn't allow running off new hardware??

Has anyone got any suggestions?

A:Unable to run win7 on new motherboard

Sounds like a major driver issue.
Have you tried just f8 booting to safe mode?
...it's possible it won't support new hardware, that would be an activation issue though. Sounds like you aren't even getting in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/146912-unable-run-win7-new-motherboard.html