Windows Support Forum

Cascading routers - how to access admin features from one to the other?

Q: Cascading routers - how to access admin features from one to the other?

OK, my subject line might sound cryptic! Here is my set up: first router (main) is connected to the cable modem and provides std addresses as 192.168.1.2 (base is 192.168.1.1) etc. I have a second router (same brand) as a gateway connected to my main. This second router base address is 10.10.10.1 and all that are connected to this one have manually provided IP addresses (such as 10.10.0.2, etc). The main one provides WIFI access as for the second one do not.

Now my question: from my laptop who uses the WIFI network, how can I reach or connect to the other network (the one that is managed with the router with the 10.10.10.1 address? The purpose? I would like to access the computer connected to it as if they were part of the WIFIed network. And be able to access the router management page. Any clue?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cascading routers - how to access admin features from one to the other?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cascading routers - how to access admin features from one to the other?

first some basics;

examine the router (the box itself). everything attached to a LAN slot will default to
routing upwards using the WAN slot -- that's a big clue as to what the routing tables looks like.

second; to manage the configuration of a specific router:
a) WIRE a system directly to it
b) login to the router config page using the current router's ip-address

if your network is
modem---router#1----router#2---router#3

then a system attached to routerX will route upward to router(X-1) and NOT downward to router(X+1)

if you wish to have ALL systems (wired and wireless) see and share with each other, then you have too many distinct address.
Leave router#1 as is. disconnect router#2 from #1 and wire router#1 to a LAN port on router#2, leaving its WAN port empty. Log into router#2 and disable DHCP.

Now do the same for the wire from #2-->#3 and disable#3 DHCP.

All systems (wired or WiFi) will get ip-assignments from router#1 and will be able to
ping and share files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cascading-routers-how-to-access-admin-features-from-one-to-the-other.130510/
Relevancy 103.63%

I found this very informative post, but my situation is a bit different.

I have a 2WIRE DSL modem provided by the phone company. Unfortunately, it is a basic wireless N model, without any QoS features. So, every time DropBox starts syncing, or a large email comes in, my VOIP calls get garbled (I have a 700k up/ 6MB down connection.)

I have a D-Link WRT-655 router, which has QoS, and it seems to help significantly with prioritizing VOIP traffic.

What is the best way to hook up the D-Link after the 4Wire, but to be able to use the QoS features of the D-Link?

I also have a server, which I access locally, but also need to be able to access from other locations (AFP and FTP.) I am cancelling the static IP service as of tomorrow, and will have dynamic IP. I have already setup an account with dyndns.com.

Thanks for any advice!

A:Solved: Two Routers Cascading, With Dynamic IP, Needs Features of Second Router

You would want to bridge the 2WIRE router to eliminate it's routing function and use it as a plain modem. This will allow you to configure any port forwarding and QoS in the D-Link router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-two-routers-cascading-with-dynamic-ip-needs-features-of-second-router.895593/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all, I am using a DELL laptop running on Vista. Yesterday I found something rather weird happening to my computer.

I can't seem to run a lot of things - although I have sufficient user rights (admin). Among them are 'user accounts', 'device managers', 'personalization', 'system info', McAfee Antivirus (can open but nothing in the window) etc etc..

I tried to open Computer Management and this is what I got:

Any help guys?

A:Can't access certain Vista features although an admin

What did you get?

There are many things that an Administrator cannot do. What exactly are you trying to do with those accounts? Are you trying to just open the folders? You need to take ownership, if so.

"Take Ownership" Context Menu
"Take Control"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-certain-vista-features-although-an-admin.738648/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi I removed all permissions of Authenticated Users for my C drive but not for admins Now when I'm using my account an admin account I cannot reach my drive can not change permissions again and can not restore permissions and cannot delete files etc But I can still run programs in my own account Even the super-admin account can not do anything I tried safe mode but nothing was different I can't restore Lost C: features to admin access drive and my computer and none of the features with the quot admin shield quot could be activated nothing happens after i click it Please help me if you have the solution EDIT I think error messages might be able to help anyone and everyone to in turn help me so here they are When i double click C drive delete files copy and paste files etc Location is not available C is not accessible Access is denied When i press continue in the Security tab in the properties of C drive Windows Security Can't open access control editor Access is denied When i press certain setting-changing items the Lost access to C: drive and admin features file path Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the Lost access to C: drive and admin features appropriate permissions to access the item Thank you in advance for helping Really need it Lost access to C: drive and admin features

A:Lost access to C: drive and admin features

It sounds like you removed your account access permissions when you messed with those accounts. You might try the take ownership shortcut and see if it can get you back into those drives.

Take Ownership Shortcut

Or you could try to restore the Users permissions or group status using the link below.
User Accounts - Add or Remove from Groups

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/124719-lost-access-c-drive-admin-features.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I've got a MP-202 VoIP router which was given by our ISP to make landline phone calls.
The problem is that there's no access to its Web configuration interface.ISP rep told me that if anything ,THEY will access it remotely themselves.My mail server stopped working...
I tried to access MP-202' web interface by typing http://mp202.home in the browser (According to the manual),but it didn't work.Also I tried to type an IP and that also didn't work.
Any ideas?
I forgot to mention that it was probably a special edition of MP-202 customly made by AudioCodes to avoid customer's tweaking of the device.It does NOT have a reset button.

A:How to access routers admin menu ?

It is probably only remotely accessible by your ISP, however i haven't personally came across any company that does this - you should still be able to access your administration menu, so you can diagnose issues and resolve issues. Your only hope i guess would be to talk to your ISP again, maybe a different rep.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-access-routers-admin-menu.839894/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all,

So I have two routers, the primary is a Belkin F5D8236-v3, which is already set up and connected to the internet. The secondary is a Linksys WRT160N.

So what I did was first connect the secondary to my laptop using an ethernet cable, then disabled the NAT and DHCP server, then renamed the SSID and the password same as the primary. Then connected the secondary using the ethernet port to the ethernet port of the primary (LAN-LAN connection).

What happens now? What should I see when I scan the network? Im currently seeing one network.

Thank you for the reply.

A:Cascading two different routers

What happens now? What should I see when I scan the network? Im currently seeing one network.Click to expand...

you will - as you named the wireless the same and if on the same channel

use xirrus that should see the mac address and post the two wireless signals - even if on the same SSID and channel

I name the wireless different names and different channels and security passwords - and have different devices connect to different wireless networks, i also have a DLNA server on one router and share - and different network printers I have connected by Ethernet and wireless - but thats just how i prefer to have the network setup - and limit access, also use 5ghz signal - as they are pretty much next to each other, I use an extender later in the house to extend the range of just one of the signals only (2.4ghz)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

if you want to optimise base station position and signal strength / dead spots use
http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/apgrapher/ which has a graph function to monitor signal

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connec... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cascading-two-different-routers.1085168/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have a cascading routers cable modem it feeds a dlink router half the house uses this lan side network lan side ip gets router config screen lan ip s are all xx a linksys non wifi router is plugged into the dlink router as one of it s lan network devices lanside ip gets router config screen lan ip s are all xx the second half the house uses this wired only network on the linksys everything works i buy a netgear wireless router and attempt to insert it between the two above routers the netgear router to config and xx for its lan side computers now works but the linksys router is not working the default ip s for a lan computer to connect to the netgear and the linksys is everything works fine between the first router and either second router but cascading the lsat routers nothing works on the furthest downstream router Is this because they both use the same ip range while the first router uses xxx will it fix all my problems if cascading routers the first router cascading routers is xxx second router xxx and third router xxx right now the linksys and the netgear have the exact same ip s to config it from browser and xxx for lan computers attached cascading routers to it dhcp I am sorry if this seems to repeat a question asked here but i did not understand the answers in the other posts I quot m doing this cus i need to meter internet traffic and not have lan traffic contaminating it the meter router has to be one step above the lan traffic router so it does not see the traffic Please just help with getting routers to work and not help with any other way to do this thanks nbsp

A:cascading routers

rather than have on different IPs you could cascade the routers - using the same IPs and allow the main router to provide all the IP address
then you would also be able to share device across the house as well

heres how

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cascading-routers.1129633/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi, I have just upgraded from a Linksys WRT100 to a Netgear WNR1000 and would like to cascade routers, with the Netgear as the primary and the Linksys as the secondary (located in opposite end of the house and connected by Ethernet.)

In the Linksys control panel, under Network Setup, have tried various Router IP addresses, DHCP Disabled, and the Internet Connection set to static IP.

Nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Cascading routers

Search the network forums for "Two SOHO routers".

Johnwill posts the instructions for this on a daily basis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cascading-routers.938255/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi there Quick question I have two routers Linksys WRT N amp WRT N I would like to setup up the WRT N as my gateway and the second WRT N in the basement as my gateway Is it possible to setup them up in such a way that I use each WAN port on the routers I know I can just run a crossover cable from the WRT N to the WRT N and use the router as a switch routers Cascading two but could I also set it up so I have two separate gateways I tried it already on my own but ran into problems Here is what I did Setup on the WRT N Connected the router to the cable modem internet connection is running Turned off NAT redirection and enabled Dynamic routing DHCP enabled Routers IP Setup on the WRT N Connected LAN from WRT N to WAN port on WRT N Gave router IP address disabled NAT redirection and enabled dynamic routing DHCP enabled If I go to the router configuration diagnostic tab you have the option Cascading two routers to run a ping and trace route test If I ping and outside IP on the web I get feedback same if Cascading two routers I run trace route to www google com So that means I have a internet connection on the router WRT N But if I hook up a pc to the LAN ports I get an IP but no internet connection Can anybody help Give me a hint what I missed on that setup Thanks nbsp

A:Cascading two routers

What do you want to accomplish that the simple WAP configuration won't do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cascading-two-routers.910249/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have a small network at home behind a Linksys BEFSX41 firewall router - all seems to work fine. I have assigned staic IP addresses and allowed a range of addresses on the firewall router.

I recently got a wireless router but discovered its "firewall" was not as strong as the BEFSX41 and was advised to cascade this one after the main one to allow wireless connections from a laptop.

My problem is I can't work out how to connect / configure the wireless router and which sockets to use.

I am sure it's relatively simple or I am missing some small but critical point.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Nick

A:Cascading routers (again ?)

Don't cascade.

JohnWill's procedure for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cascading-routers-again.598770/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi I am new to this forum and have a general knowledge of computers and networking I am doing some upgrading on my PC s and home network The issue is with my home hework In setting up my home network I am routers cascading using two routers one as cascading routers primary connected to my cable modem and and hardwired connected to my main PC All works fine I can use wireless off this router as well The primary router is a DLG- This primary router is the gateway and configured as such pretty much default settings The secondary router I want to basically configure as an access point to extend wireless coverage to improve wireless coverage in the downstairs area kids rooms I added a second router by hardwire connecting to the primary router from LAN port to LAN port to the secondary router The secondary router is a DIR- So here is my issue On the secondary router I left the WAN innernet configuration to default with no hardlink cannected to WAN port only LAN port to LAN port However it still configured by default as gateway as I could not find anywhere to configure to router I also tried to install a non usable static IP address but DLIN would not allow I disable all security and uPNP multicast and DNS server on secondary router let primary router handle this Set the wireless configuration same as primary with exception of using different broadcast channel Gave secondary router different IP address pri sec Results All working on primary router both hardwire and wireless Can access LAN nodes both routers from secondary router through either hardwire or wireless Can access innernet with hardwire through secondary router CANNOT access innernet WAN link through secondary router I disabled the wireless on the primary server with same results wireless connection to innernet not working through secondary router but local LAN does Am I missing something here Thank You Gerry nbsp

I might be wrong but you cant have two routers configured with the same subnet. If the primary router is set to 192.168.1.0 the second router should be 192.167 or whatever you like just not the same as the first router. The only problem with this setup is that the computers will be in two different networks and wont be able to see each other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cascading-routers.861368/
Relevancy 74.39%

Guys, can you help me out how i could connect to the Internet using my secondary router which is connected to a main router. My main router is BEFSR4 v4.2 and my secondary router is WRT54G.

Hope you guys could help me with this.

gud day padz! The first you have to do is to check the IP address of your BEFSR4 router.
- Click the Start button and then click Run.
- In the Run window type “cmd,” then click OK.
- On the DOS prompt type "ipconfig" then press Enter.
IP address=(Verify the IP address of the main router)
- Then connect your computer to the WRT-54G router (the secondary router( to open the web page or the configuration page of the router
*Check first the IP address of the computer that conencts to the main router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cascading-routers.629399/
Relevancy 73.53%

I give up I have a netgear next 2 wireless routers Cascading generation gateway with my home network on I am attempting to install a linksys g router wirelessly If I hard wire the secondary router linksys g the primary router will recognize it However if I disconnect it the primary won t recognize it Either way I can t access the internet in either condition Cascading 2 wireless routers I wanted to use the secondary router as an quot access Cascading 2 wireless routers quot point to Cascading 2 wireless routers boost my range and also connect my direct tv dvr to be able to use its direct tv on demand function When I connect the secondary router and dvr the dvr appears on the secondary router But alas no internet connection I have changed the ip in the secondary to de-activated dhcp in ot as well and changed it from gateway to router Maybe I can t use it in this way but I thought I would like to tear my hair out trying Any advice would be appreciated Many Thanks Chris nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

I have two Linksys wireless routers an older WRT G v and a new WRT G v The older router is connected to a cable modem and is our primary wireless data source named SDTBDD The new router Cascading 2 wireless routers was purchased to allow for machines without Cascading 2 wireless routers wireless network Cascading 2 wireless routers cards to access the internet connection on the original router without being hardwired to the original router as it is not easy to run cable to the new area over feet away Any ideas how to cascade the two routers together I attempted to configure the new router as a router only disabling the wireless service and DHCP server and changed the old router to a gateway in advanced routing However I am still unable to get the two routers to work together Connecting them together is not an option long term this has to be possible I can t be the only person that needs to do something like this Thank you nbsp

A:Cascading 2 wireless routers

You can install DD-WRT 3rd party firmware, which will give you the ability to configure the secondary router as a wireless bridge. The native Linksys software doesn't have that capability.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cascading-2-wireless-routers.785728/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a WRT54GS setup for my downstairs network and access with my laptop. I need to setup another network upstairs (kids computers) and acquired a WRT54G for this purpose.

I have been unable to get the two wireless systems to talk to each other (no wired connection exists between upstairs and downstairs).

What can I do to get these two device to talk?

Thanks,
Rich

Relevancy 73.53%

hi guys i m working on setting up a network with a version of the -router approach to seperate the network into mutually exclusive segments i m actually using routers and experiencing some things that seem odd to me i ve uploaded a diagram of the current configuration routers about Question cascading my understanding is that when you place a router in place it seperates the networks lan and wan sides so direct communication is not possible what i m seeing happen is Question about cascading routers that there are ranges of ip address one from each router that are easily visible from either side of router B at the very least B should see A and A not see B but router B seems almost transparent in this case i can actually connect to the WAN port on router B from the Lan side of router B anyway my question is that for the results i m desiring is it required that i have routers or is it possible to configure things with only routers thanks nbsp

A:Question about cascading routers

routing depends upon the actual subnet addresses AND the subnet mask.
for discussion, assume router A has address 192.168.1.1.
The address and subnet mask of router B is now the issue.

If B has any address other than 192.168.1.x, then segment A should NOT see
segment B, BUT segment B users should be able to see segment A.
This is due to all traffic flowing thru router A

On the other hand, if router A and B share the first three parts of the address
(A=192.168.1.1 and B=192.168.1.128 or similar), then both segments A and B
will see each other.

To totally isolate segments A and B, a common router above would be a solution

Code:

Modem
+
router-C (192.168.1.1 )
+ +
router-A router-B
192.168.2.1 192.168.3.1
+ +
isolated(A) isolated(B)

the WAN side of A and B will have addresses associated with 192.168.1.x

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-cascading-routers.107893/
Relevancy 73.53%

ok guys here s the poop yesterday i cascaded routers the same make and model i was given options had me disabling the DCHP I didn t go that way just because the other seemed less to it I had to change the ip on the second router which i did from my computer Then ran my cable from a numbered port of the first router to the internet port of the second router And my computer works great wired or wireless my problem is other computers trying to use the router are seeing the router and showing a good signal but are unable to access the internet Like i said i was not having any problems but wondering if there could be some kind of connflict with trying to connect to both routers if they are both set to connect automatically I m sure there is something i haven t answered for you so let me know Thanks Terry nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

I am wondering if there is a way to take to wireless routers and cascade them w/ out an Ethernet cable. is there a way to have one router talk to another router wirelessly?

A:wirelessly cascading routers

... and cascade them w/ out an Ethernet cable.Click to expand...

I don't know how to connect to the WAN port of a router w/o using at least a short ethernet cable.

is there a way to have one router talk to another router wirelessly?Click to expand...

Yes, use the Wireless Bridge (or AP Client) capability if one of the routers includes that feature.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wirelessly-cascading-routers.1010159/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi
I've got tw wireless routers, a D-Link DI-524 and a Netgear. I wanted to cascade the two routers. For this i kept the modem connectd the modem to the D-Link and connected a networkport of the D-Link to the WAN port of the Netgear.

Now, PCs connected to both routers can access the internet. Problem is, the PCs connected to the Netgear one can access the setup pages of both the routers, but the PCs connected to the D-Link one can only access the D-Link setup page. Pinging the other router doesn't get an answer. Why is this happening?

Thanks

Relevancy 73.53%

I have been searching and searching online and cannot figure out this problem I have a combined modem router that was supplied to me by my ISP and I want to connect a second router Linksys to it because we share internet with the backhouse and the one router does not reach far enough All of the hardware of Routers Different Types Two Cascading is working but I cannot get the Linksys router to connect to the internet Here s the Cascading Two Different Types of Routers stats The main router is a SmartRG Powered by ClearAccess Model SR N I m not sure what other information here is Cascading Two Different Types of Routers pertinent The secondary router is Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router Model WRT G The main router works without a hitch so that s not the problem I have the second router connected through one of the output slots from the main router into the internet connection slot in the Linksys Even hardwiring a computer into the Linksys doesn t work so it seems like the actual router itself isn t connected Any advice or do you need more information Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

Hello,

I've 2 wireless routers:
- primary router: Linksys WAG300N (connected to the internet) - IP: 192.168.1.1
- secondary router: now SMCWBR 14-G2 - IP: 192.168.1.2
later Linksys WRT54GR

I've connected the two routers with a straight UTP cat5 cable from port 1 to port 1 (not the WAN port). If I connect my laptop (Vista) to the SMC, with a cable, I can surf on the internet. I can also connect the the wireless network of the Linksys. But I can't connect to the wireless network of the SMC.

On the SMC the DHCP is disabeld. How can I connect to the wireless network to surf on the internet?

THX
Sebbe

Relevancy 73.1%

Ok heres the scenario On my property i have a metal office building which has satellite internet live out Unknown Cascading With Routers Problems in the Unknown Problems With Cascading Routers country I have wireless internet signal at the office building and also several computers hardwired to a Linksys WRT G router away is my house which is brick a few days ago I buried a ethernet cable from the office to the house with hopes of being able to get wireless signal into the house I ran the buried cable from the office phone box to the house phone box and then hooked into the proper wire Unknown Problems With Cascading Routers to give a certain jack inside the house and the office the ethernet connection I went and bought a Linksys E router to hook up in the house by means of cascading Now heres where the problem arises after hours of talking on the phone with Linksys and even going and exchanging the router for another one to see if the problem was with the router itself I have yet been able to get a internet connection on the new router wired or wireless no matter how i hook up the old router to the new one whether hooking into the internet port or a numbered port changing the IP address disabling DHCP server or not I can not get a internet connection I started off with a basic level technician from Linksys I then got upgraded to a senior level technician and now the problem has been transferred to the Engineering department and I am now waiting to hear back from them on the issue If anyone has had a problem like this with a solution or would have something else I could try I am all ears and willing to try it to get internet working over at the house What is also strange is that i can get a internet signal when i hook up my laptop to the ethernet cable in the house with no problem but when i hook the router i get NOTHING My next step is to actually split the signal coming out of my modem to the two routers if I can t get anything else to work nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

Greetings I am having some problems with connecting my two routers together Currently this is how it routers two Cascading (connecting) Solved: together s set up In one room I have two computers that are using a wired connection to my wireless router Solved: Cascading (connecting) two routers together Linksys WRT G in my living room I have a PS WII and two laptops that are connecting to my router wirelessly Currently it works ok but the problem I am running into is the WII and PS are not getting a strong enough signal Solved: Cascading (connecting) two routers together to stay connected What I would like to accomplish is In the room where my two computers are I would like to use a wired router linksys BEFSR to connect them to the internet I would like to run an Ethernet cable from that router to the living room where I want to put my wireless router so it will be closer to the devices that use it wirelessly Is it possible to connect my wired router BEFSR to my wireless router WRT G I am hoping that the wired one would act like a switch or hub but not really sure how to set it up Solved: Cascading (connecting) two routers together Any help would greatly be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

Iíve read the other threads but I donít get the security portion.
I have 2 routers (WRT54G and a new not setup yet WRT54GL) with Comcast.
I wish a setup with one, an "office" router being secure and protected from the 2nd, a "home" router which another user wishes to have more access.
I wish the new GL to be the office.
The office will have possibly 2 to 4 wireless (1mac and 2pc and a wireless printer).
The home has Linux machine and wireless gaming toys.
Which one is the switch and which one gets DHCP turned off and so on.......

Can the printer be available to both.
I also have a D-Link DES1105 switch available if necessary.
Thanks

Relevancy 72.24%

So I ve followed the advice in these forums and what I could find on google to the best of my abilities but I can t seem to share can't Cascading files. but share routers, Solved: files between computers that are on separate routers My primary router is a Westell em modem router combo My secondary router is a DLink DI Primary IP Solved: Cascading routers, but can't share files. Subnet Secondary IP Subnet DHCP off WAN unused Wireless off The computers on the primary can only ping the primary the computers on the secondary can ping both routers Computers on different routers can t ping eachother Edit My laptop that s wirelessly connected to the primary can ping the other computer but can t share files The internet works fine with all of the computers I did get it to work once after a series of random plugging unplugging of ethernet cables but as soon as the computers were turned off and on the file sharing stopped working I m totally stumped and I am considering just getting an actual ethernet switch to replace the DLink Will doing that guarantee fixing the problem I have now nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello!

I've got a question, related to the one described in the following post: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/887745-connecting-two-routers-cascading.html, but i opened a new thread, as it's advised by the rules.
I'm also trying to connect two routers and I want to do it, as JohnWill wrote in the above mentioned post, i.e. using the LAN-to-LAN cascading (the second router in a switch mode), as I want all the PC's to be connected to one subnet (for filesharing and etc.). But at the same time I want to keep my DHCP server on the 1st router disabled, with the aim of using static IP addresses for an FTP server and some other services, located on one of the computers.
To sum up, can I use static IP addresses on the devices, connected to the 2nd router (in a switch mode)? Or am I not understanding something?

Any answers are very appreciated.

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello this is my first post Well I know a some of the jargon but not much about networking which is why I m here I live in a large old boarding house manage maintenance floors thick horse hair plaster walls cast iron piping radiators rooms not all have computer users The solution problem to another routers, distance or cascading building has had additions added over the years since it was built in s the lasy last one was b in cascading routers, or another solution to distance problem the sWe have one trunk Comcast Cable Internet account There are main houses separated by a common area and kitchen our router Linksys cascading routers, or another solution to distance problem SB is close to one side of the house we have bosters Liknsys Cisco WRE cascading routers, or another solution to distance problem G one on the second floor of the house section close to router and the same devices on both floor of the longer distance Still they lose signal often Can we run about - feet of cat from one of the main router s ports through floor accross the basemeant router Linkyis WRT GS and give that side of the house some dependable service A network ajoined to ours or an independant WiFi Network is a secont n The Geek Squad was here and said quot No don t do that and left quot Yeah we need some suggestions here at least something to try Reseting the router and modem takes everyone off line Thanx Kevelme nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

For a long time I've had much difficulty understanding the exact difference between the computer administrator and a user whose type is administrator On my system there are two administrators - one known as quot Administrator quot and another with my name Gary or Gary and Susan Each administrator has their own profile I used Windows Professional The distinction doesn't matter to system operation in general With MS Office Professional however it does When I start MS Word All Office features MS user with but work not admin Admin with Pro or MS Excel as myself for example it won't let me access the help files When I try to a message states quot There is a problem with All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user one All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user or more installed help files Please repair your office installation and try again quot I ran the repair program successfully but as myself I can't access the help files When I log in as user quot administrator quot I can but the access is limited I can also access all features of the program in safe mode Yet when I log in as myself I can only access the help files if I run the program as an administrator This perplexes me because my user type is administrator This problem has occurred with other programs from time to time Would someone please help me understand this and is there a workaround I can set the privilege level to administrator which will permit me unrestricted access to the help files but then a dialog box appears every time I start the program which I'd prefer to not see All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389269-all-ms-office-pro-features-work-admin-but-not-admin-user.html
Relevancy 67.51%

For a long time I've had much difficulty understanding the exact difference between the computer administrator and a user whose type is administrator On my system there are two administrators - one known as quot Administrator quot and another with my name Gary or Gary and Susan Each administrator has their own profile I used Windows Professional The distinction doesn't matter to system operation in general With MS Office Professional however it does When I start MS Word or MS Excel as myself for example it won't let me access the help files When I try to a message states quot There is a problem with one Pro work not MS user features All but admin with Admin Office with or more installed help files Please repair your office installation and try again quot I ran the repair program successfully but as myself All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user I can't access the help files When I log in All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user as user quot administrator quot I can but the access is limited I can also access all features of the program in safe mode Yet when I log in as myself I can only access the help files if I run the program as an administrator This perplexes me because my user type is administrator This problem has occurred with other programs from time to time Would someone please help me understand this and is there a workaround I can set the privilege level to administrator which will permit me unrestricted access to the help files but then a dialog box appears every time I start the program which I'd prefer to not see

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/389269-all-ms-office-pro-features-work-admin-but-not-admin-user.html
Relevancy 61.49%

1 modem
1 Belkin N600 router
1 Linksys E1200 router running DD-WRT

Currently, Belkin router is connected to modem. Belkin's ip is 192.168.2.1
Linksys router's IP is 192.168.1.1 and its WAN port is connected to Belkin's LAN port.. internet is working fine however my PC can only access the GUi of the Belkin router since it is conected to the LAN port of the Belkin Router. I also want my PC to access the Linksys GUI without having to plug my PC's cable to the linksys..

How do i go about doing this?

Thanks a lot

Relevancy 59.77%

Can some feautures be disabled for an admin account in XP Home. I think this is what happened to my PC. If I type in cmd "regedit I get a box that says it was disabled by the Administrator. I also do not have the option to look at the folder options because this is not available to me or it does not show. I have the only Admin account on my PC.
If I go into safe mode there is my account and the admin account. In that Admin account I can open the registry editor but not in my Account.
Does anyone know how to fix this ??

A:Disabling some features in Admin Account

These articles might help:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/disablecmd.htm
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1578290.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-some-features-in-admin-account.652196/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am having great problems understanding cascasding combo boxes. Basically, I have 2 fields in 1 table.
CarManu
CarType

I would like in a form if the user selects a specific car manufacturer, they would only be able to select specific cars made by their choice.
As much as I have tried reading over many forums on this, I am getting nowhere. Maybe I need this explained to me as though I am a 2 year old lol.

Can anyone help?

Many thanx

A:Cascading Combo Boxes In Access

You are going to need two tables or it will never work correctly and will eventually give you trouble. Make one table for manufacturer's only and onother for the type that has a joined field to the manufacturer's table. Then you will have a one manufacturer to many types relationship. Get that done and the rest is cake.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cascading-combo-boxes-in-access.222722/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am a complete noob at Access prior Filemaker usage but alas cannot find disk to install Here's what I'm trying to do I want a report or form not sure which is the best way to do this where a teacher could choose a subject then a grade and get a list of the corresponding educational standards for that particular subject and grade The teacher could then select multiple Questions Cascading List MS Access standards to add to a report Ideally I'd like to MS Access Cascading List Questions be able to allow the teachers to select standards from more than one area not at the same time and add them to the same report Basically I'm trying to find a quick way to create a lesson plan form that allows for multiple standards to be added without having to cut and paste from Word or Excel All my information is in one looooooong table with columns fields for Subject Grade StandardID and Standard Txt I think that cascading boxes is what I want to use to accomplish this Here are my questions Do I need to split my table up to make this work Am I right in thinking cascading boxes are what I should use If so how do I make each box populate based on the selection made in a previous box Am I insane to think I could do this Thanks for any help you can give me Here's a link to the file to download http www box net shared kc ts s I couldn't figure out a way to just upload it or attach it man I feel kinda stupid right now Thanks Amanda Y

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278246/ms-access-cascading-list-questions/
Relevancy 58.91%

I was checking the standard Windows features installed (Control Panel/Programs and Features/Turn Windows Features On or Off) and absolutely nothing comes up in the Windows Features box. Also, I clicked on View Installed Updates and nothing is shown in that box either.

I enabled the Administrator account thinking something was wrong with my ID (configured as Administrator) but I get the same results.

I've attached two pics of the issue.

I'm running Win 7 Pro SP1 64-bit.

Any ideas?

A:Cannot turn Windows Features On/Off with either Admin or personal IDs

Are you able to run your Anti-virus/Anti-spyware programs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/196568-cannot-turn-windows-features-off-either-admin-personal-ids.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I was on the permissions for drive C, because I didn't want standard user changing setting on there and when I clicked OK windows came up with an error and then when I tried to go back on to the permission change window it said " access denied" and I Now can't Change it back, I Can't do anything with admin features and I can't system restore.

Computer info:
Acer Aspire 5536
Windows 7 Home Premium

Please Help From ChrisCOMWIN7

A:Lost of Drive C Permissions and admin features

Hello ChrisCOMWIN7, welcome to Seven Forums!

Have a look at Option Two of this tutorial to see if you can do a System Restore to a point before you made the changes and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

How to Do a System Restore in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/177406-lost-drive-c-permissions-admin-features.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I was attempting to change my DNS via the control panel when I uncovered this issue, better shown not spoken:

In attempting to fix this, i've restarted my system at least 20 times. It has become really frustrating, so any and all assistance is appreciated.

Also, while likely irrelevant, I've been getting these errors on startup:

Thanks in advanced.

A:Some Admin Features Don't Work in Control Panel

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Eight Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/46139-some-admin-features-dont-work-control-panel.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello, I have not posted anything in a long-while, been off the internet awhile.

Windows 7 Home Premium, several user accounts, most are administrator accounts (home computer):

User account types randomely change from admin to something else, or disabled.

Also, "some features are disabled by administrator" message appears (like the task manager, and ability to change desktop background for a few...) while on an account with administrator privlages.

The Windows 7 was upgraded from Windows Vista Home.

I haven't attempted to format and reinstall yet, but thinking about it...

Thanks for any feedback.

A:Windows 7 disabled features on admin account

Hi -

I would suggest you go ahead and re-install Windows 7 as it appears to be an option for you. It takes about 45 min system time.

Happy Holidays!

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-disabled-features-on-admin-account-443781.html
Relevancy 58.48%

We have Win machines on a domain that we d like to open the quot Programs and Features quot control applet via the command "Programs Features" Admin and as from command line Opening line while a regular user is logged in Heres the catch I know how to do this using runas from command line BUT after quot Programs and Features quot opens I dont truly have the ability to remove a program I am told that I need to be an Admin to do so Here are the commands I have tried runas user computername administrator cmd exe then in the new cmd window running control appwiz cpl runas user companydomain domainadminacct cmd exe then in the new cmd window running Opening "Programs and Features" as Admin from command line control appwiz cpl runas user computername administrator cmd exe then in the new cmd window running rundll exe shell dll Control RunDLL appwiz cpl runas user companydomain domainadminacct cmd exe then in the new cmd window running rundll exe shell dll Control RunDLL Opening "Programs and Features" as Admin from command line appwiz cpl I have also tried all of the above as one long line of code instead of launching a cmd exe as Admin As you can see I have tried running the command using both a local admin account Administrator AND a domain admin account I have alos tried launching the runas command as one long command opening the quot programs and features quot AND st launching a cmd exe with admin rights and THEN launching the quot Prgrams and Features quot window The result is the same The quot Programs and Features quot windows opens but when I try to perform an uninstall I am told I need Admin rights Thus I am lead to believe that this instance of quot Programs and Features quot is not truly being run as an admin I am trying to avoid logging the regular user out I am also aware that every program has its own uninstaller I do not want to uninstall that way I want to use the uninstaller in quot Programs and Features quot Any help is appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471511/opening-programs-and-features-as-admin-from-command-line/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have two cascading combo boxes I set up three tables The first table is the error Access 2010 Solved: Cascading Box Combo distributor table that contains the distributor name address etc Solved: Access 2010 Cascading Combo Box error The second table is a list of services the distributors may provide The third table is a list of each distributor and the service they provide Dist Services Each distributor only supplies a limited number of services So I use cascading combo boxes to limit the services to only what that distributor supplies In the After Update of the first combo box I have the following code Me Service ID RowSource quot SELECT DISTINCT Service ID quot amp quot FROM Dist Services quot amp quot WHERE Distributor ID quot amp Forms Sale Form Sale Coupon Subform Form Distributor ID amp quot ORDER BY Service ID quot When I go to the second combo box services the services listed are for the previously chosen distributor I have tried adding requery but it isn t working Any suggestions Barbara nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello All I'm delighted No to accounts change /Cannot Admin admin user account existing Access to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account came with Windows On setup i used my No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account microsoft account to login with a pin the account was setup as administrator No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account thinking i could change things later About days later i added a standard user account for my husband with a microsoft account login with pin I wanted to make his the administrator account but thought i had better change mine to a standard account first My mistake Now i cannot change anything i have tried to use the cmd prompt to run as administrator - it asks for administrator permission and does not allow me to enter a password or yes I have tried all suggestions to enable the hidden windows account but all ask for the same permission I have tried to go to setup recovery troubleshoot advanced option system restore - it requests an administrator password and when i entered what i thought is mine it does not work Feeling a little Does anybody know anyway i can go back in time to start again or how do i access administrator rights as i really need to add programs etc Thank you for any help given

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61945-no-admin-access-cannot-change-existing-user-accounts-admin-account.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everyone Here is my latest Vista woe s Dell Inspiron gbRAM gb HDD Core duo T GHz Vista Home Prem - auto update AvastHome Windows Defender AVGAntispyware RUBotted Threatfire Some background I have profiles on the machine Admin which is my original Admin account I've used it to install apps etc Basic which is my everyday non-admin profile that I use for just about everything New Admin files Admin can't App Admin - Permissions Problems / Install UAC, Public / access which is a new admin account I created for trouble shooting but it has the same problems that the original one has There are basic issues I'll use one particular instance as an example but it's not the only instance AND it's an intermittent issue - sometimes problem happens sometimes it doesn't Ten minutes after this instance I downloaded and installed an app and it ran fine In my Basic profile I downloaded Skype and saved the file to my Public Downloads folder I right-clicked quot run as administrator quot Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files to try and install Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files and got this error Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item I tried just clicking it to run it without quot run as administrator quot and got the same error I did some searching on the error and found some postings elsewhere but most were very old and in WinXP instead of Vista but I tried investigating the things mentioned in those posts - I ran the AVG scan and removal tool for the Gaelicum A virus - it didn't find anything - I checked the properties of the file and it did not say anything about coming from another computer and needing to be unblocked - I logged out of my Basic profile and logged into my Admin profile and all the same problems happened - I logged into my New Admin profile and all the same things happened In my New Admin profile I copied the file from the Public Downloads folder and tried pasting it into my New Admin's own Downloads folder and got this error Destination Folder Access Denied You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file NOTE This happened IN MY ADMIN PROFILE Click quot Continue quot and get this message User Account Control Windows needs your permission to continue If you started this action continue File Operation Microsoft Windows AD - - - - B BDB E Click quot continue quot and the installer begins It runs a while and then I get this message the dialog box says its a message from Skype but I've gotten similar messages from other software I've tried to install Cannot write the installation package on the disk Please make sue that you have the necessary disk space available There are GB available on this disk This is not a new problem so I can't think to associate it with any particular software change and so 'restoring' to an earlier time isn't helpful because it's not tied to any particular time that I can identify I haven't changed hardware AND the associated issue at least I think it's associated is that sometimes installing apps in one profile doesn't flow thru to the other profiles and I can't find any rhyme or reason to that - I've had this happen whether I install the apps while in my Admin account while in my Basic account and using quot run as administrator quot to install or whether I'm in my Admin account and using quot run as administrator quot EVEN THOUGH I'm IN MY ADMIN account because some apps seem to require that kind of thing Then the icons for that app won't show up in different profiles' start menus I can't even search for the apps - have to sometimes dig into C xx to find an executable to create a shortcut Sometimes then trying to run the app and I'm talking about something basic like maybe a PDF viewer or something like that it says I need administrator permissions to run it I'm so tired of all this Can someone please help me I'm ... Read more

A:Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files

Helloooooo??? Anybody out there?

I'd really appreciate any help you can offer me.

[UPDATE] incidentally, since writing this I have been able to install a couple of other small apps (but have also run into the same problem on a couple of others).

Thanks
Buck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-admin-permissions-app-install-uac-admin-cant-access-public-files-260867.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys when my pc gets to the first screen where you choose your account my admin account has changed from my name to 'Other user' and when I click on it it asks for a username and password. Also trying to access files from the admin account when it prompts me with a password I enter it and the dialogue box goes away as if it has accepted the password but does not let me access the files. Any help appreciated thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381483-admin-account-corrupted-cant-access-files-using-admin-p-w.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I've been trying to remove all my sims 3 games cause they aren't working they are saying version 0.0.0.0 but my computer tells me i have insufficient access please contact system administrator, I'm the only one that uses this computer and I am the administrator Ive been trying to uninstall it for weeks now and have tried force uninstall programs as well can anyone please help me?

A:cant uninstall programs says need admin access but i am the admin

Did you try the free version of Revo Uninstaller?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-uninstall-programs-says-need-admin-access-but-i-am-the-admin-701354.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i've had this problem for a while, and can't seem to find any fix for it. i've looked through these forums for similar problems, and tried the given solutions but nothing seems to work.

i can open control panel fine, then when i double click programs and features, the loading icon appears briefly and disappears immediately.

i've downloaded several registry cleaning tools that haven't helped and tried to enable in the registry editor, which also didn't work.

can anybody help?

thanks.

A:Cannot access programs and features.

Try using SFC
System Files - SFC Command

If no help, type the name of the program in search and see if you can access that way.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281889-cannot-access-programs-features.html
Relevancy 51.6%

It says it has been disabled by the administrator. I am logged onto an account with admin privileges. How can I enable these features and others that seem to be disabled. I have Home Premium 32bit. The computer is running sluggishly and I am trying to remove programs that may be viruses or that are just taking up space. Any help would be great, thx in advance.

A:I cannot access Programs and Features

Hello JesseJane,

Welcome to Vista forums!

Install this HijackThis and attacth (not copy/paste) the log file.

Then someone that knows HijackThis can look at it for you and advise you further.

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/166826-i-cannot-access-programs-features.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a perfectly good DVD-ROM player on my PC but I can't access the DVD-ROM features on DVDs (it plays DVDs fine though) and I've tried to change lots of settings and downloaded new stuff and I can't get it to work. Can anybody suggest anything that I might be able to try by changing settings or downloading something else. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-dvd-rom-features-on-dvds.316205/
Relevancy 51.6%

So, here's what I did.
Fresh install of Windows 7 x64 Pro.
Default initial user is "Benjamin"
created a second user, "Adam"
created a third user, "root"

Next security setup.
I removed administrator privileges from Benjamin.
Adam was created with no administrator privileges.
root was given administrator privileges.

Then I went into the local security policy to deny root from logging into the system locally.

Well, I learned that yes, this prevents root from logging into his account as a desktop user, but I did not expect it to prevent me from temporarily escalating my privileges to administrator while logged in as Benjamin.

I'm used to a Linux environment where it is normal that root can not log in but you can escalate. Is it possible to regain control of my system or do I need to reinstall?

Thanks in advance,

A:How do I unlock admin with no admin access

WinInternals Locksmith or reinstall

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/188182-how-do-i-unlock-admin-no-admin-access.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I ve had this problem with some other DVD s but could always find some weird workaround However - on quot Behind Enemy Lines quot DVD I can t access anything else on the screen menu - the one that the some access - Specific features... Can't DVD menu DVD maker creates for the film It s the only Specific DVD - Can't access some menu features... way to get to the Special Features It s running on my Win SE DVD player InterActual controller software When I quot click quot on say Special Features or Scene Selection it quot clicks quot but then just sits there waiting and waiting The resume button only makes the movie run not the special features It s like it gets stuck and only knows how to run the movie itself There s no other menuing I can go to to get to those special features It s weird usually most of the DVD s react like they should out of one or two touchy ones - THIS is the stubborn one Oh and yes this is original from the store I don t do bootlegs However I don t think it s malfunctioning the movie and menus play fine otherwise I know this is a Specific DVD - Can't access some menu features... little out of scope but had NO idea where else or who else to ask Searching the web only gives me reviews of the Specific DVD - Can't access some menu features... film Any insights Thanks for your time -Dan nbsp

A:Specific DVD - Can't access some menu features...

I wrote IA and they told me that it's the settings.
I don't have the dvd set up on this 'puter. And my other 'puter had to be reformatted. And I haven't installed the player yet.

But on top of the player there is an eye icon and a tool icon with a lighting bolt of sorts?**Click on the lighting bolt** Trying to remember.
Click that and there should be 2 items in the drop down box.
Try checking one of them,and see which one will make the extra features work.
I was having trouble accessing the extra feathers on Harry Potter 2. And this was the matter.

I hope this sort of helps you,good luck and enjoy the features.

"S"
V^^^^V

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/specific-dvd-cant-access-some-menu-features.156351/
Relevancy 51.17%

I m running windows XP and using office I m doing a project for a company using access I have a table which holds a finite list of part s and corresponding part descriptions or names Features Drop Menu Down Access The sponsor would like to have either or drop down menu Access Drop Down Menu Features s for entering this information into the form IE if you know the you select it from the Access Drop Down Menu Features drop down Access Drop Down Menu Features menu and the part description appears automatically in the field for description and if you know the part description you select it from the drop down and the part for it appears I m pretty new to access and i ve been reading a lot about drop downs but i basically have no idea how to construct this feature Do i have to give and description a certain relationship Can query results be displayed in a filed that has a drop down Do i need a query macro etc Any inkling as to how to do this would be helpful nbsp

A:Access Drop Down Menu Features

Hi,

As you have a table holding all the information you want, the best way is to use a so-called "bound" drop down (bound to the table means the drop down will always retrieve its data from that table - update the table and the drop down will reflect the update). Easiest way is to place a drop down on your form and answer the wizard's questions. The Access online help has got a lot of info on how to proceed from there. For instance: what do you want: limit the input to available entries in the underlying table or not (so the user can enter new item#'s on-the-fly etc.). After putting the drop down on your form, experiment a little with the properties of the drop down and see what happens.

Hope this gets you going.

Rgrds,

Michiel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-drop-down-menu-features.352038/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All,

Can anyone please told me that how we can use the VB.net program in MS access, because i like to learn VB.net and use it in access database.

In what are all the way we can use the vb.net in access application.?

Your reply will be most useful to me...

Thanks in advance....

Regards,

Vinoth S

A:Solved: MS Access advanced features

VB.Net is different than the VBA that is available in Access. You would neeed a program like Visual Studio to program wih VB.Net.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ms-access-advanced-features.1014342/
Relevancy 51.17%

For some reason the links under "User Accounts" in the control panel will not work. I click on "change your windows password" and I get nothing coming up, just a click sound. When I click "add or remove user accounts" or "change your account picture" I get the following:
Add/Remove User Accounts Error
Change Picture Error

I've Googled for the past 2 hours trying things but nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Cannot access User Account features...

Did you upgrade or clean install 7? Did you try any tweaks? Did you recently install anything anything that changed something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/63992-cannot-access-user-account-features.html
Relevancy 51.17%

hello since yesterday I'm facing a weird problem which is that when i right click on my computer and click on properties nothing happens at all i also can't access some other cannot computer properties access and features some other features such as Action Center Back up and Restore View installed updates in Windows update when i click on them nothing happens just the mouse pointer hangs and i have to close application from task manager i've tried to scan my pc with Avira anti-virus and cannot access computer properties and some other features Malwarebytes Registry Repair CCleaner but problem still exist i also tried the command sfc scannow and there was no errors or corrupted files found before this problem occurred i haven't installed anything new on my computer Except Advanced uninstaller Pro and Vmware Workstation then i uninstalled them after i discovered this problem My Specs Windows Ultimate SP bit CPU Intel i - GPU Sapphire HD XT GPU driver Ram GB MB gigabyte h am-s p Any help would be really appreciated Thanks in advanced

A:cannot access computer properties and some other features

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy,  taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.
   Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
    After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
     Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot. You will see the following prompt:
     Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630661/cannot-access-computer-properties-and-some-other-features/
Relevancy 49.88%

What are the primary features of a database management system?

A:Access - primary features of a database management system

http://www.bcschools.net/staff/AccessHelp.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-primary-features-of-a-database-management-system.303406/
Relevancy 49.88%

Is it possible to have two routers in two different places in a house at two different locations? I want to have a router in my room (wireless not necessary). This is on one end of the house, so if I use a wireless router in my room, nothing on the other end of the house can reach it. So I'm wondering if I can have a router in my room, and then have a wireless router elsewhere in the house, not plugged into the router in my room (because it would not reach). I'm using DSL so I have to work through phone lines so I'm not sure if I can do this.

A:2 DSL Access Points/Routers

Use networking over A/C power with this adaptor

Using your existing DSL or cable connection to the ISP

Code:

modem---existingRouter ---- HDXB101... A/C... HDXB101----One system or a router
|
+ existing systems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-dsl-access-points-routers.112867/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have two seperate routers. One is a linksys running dd-wrt, the other is a netgear with stock firmware. Is there any way i could make the netgear router have the same wifi dhcp range/ ssid as the linksys one? So it acts as one network.

A:1 access point. two routers. how?

If you configure then with the same SSID and encryption key, but on separate channels, that's as close as you'll get.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1-access-point-two-routers-how.956598/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have 2 routers, one of which acts as a switch to another part of my building. Main router is connected to the modem, second router is connected to the main one thru its LAN ports.

Main router is a USRobotics mod.5461, IP = 192.168.2.1, the 2nd is a linksys WRT54GS, IP = 192.168.1.1 with the DHCP server disabled.

Its working fine like this, but how do I access the config page on the second router? It wont open when I type its address http://192.168.2.1. Reason I ask is that its a wireless router that shows up as "unsecured" on my 'manage wireless networks' tab in Vista. ATM, no ones using its wireless capabilities, all PC's connected to it are wired. Can wireless devices access it from other parts of the building? Hence my concern, so I would like to access the routers config page and disable the wireless and/or enable if or when needed.

Thanks.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hey,

So my dilemma is this. I have a large facility and want to use my already existing wireless routers as access points. I have a 2 Linksys WRT54Gs ethernet connected to a DSL router. The router IP addresses are as follows:

192.168.1.1 - main DSL router
192.168.1.2 - 1st WRT54G
192.168.1.3 - 2nd WRT54G

I also have them all set to the same SSID (which I want) and automatic channel selection. My problem that I'm experiencing is that my iPads and iPod touches keep dropping connection on me. They'll drop or sometimes have a very slow connection and I can't seem to figure out what is causing it! I have a reliable 7mbps DSL connection and that's more then plenty for me. I'd like to tear all my devices back to factory reset and program them again, the right way this time.

Please let me know what I should do.

Thanks.

A:Multiple Routers as Access Points - HELP!

I won't try to tell you what you should do, but I'll mention some possible causes of the symptoms.

When a wireless router (or wireless access point) is allowed automatic channel selection it often gets carried away with all the freedom and responsibility. There is a good chance that some or all are frequently changing channels or checking to see if a better one exists and can't be bothered with giving 100% attention to its clients. In case its not obvious, when the access point changes channels there is at least a brief disconnect until the client connects to the new channel.

When Windows has the opportunity to connect to multiple networks with the same SSID it will choose one at random (not necessarily the strongest) and sometimes randomly decide to disconnect and then connect to a different one (not necessarily a stronger one). iOS likely works similarly.

Some hints: if you want fairly reliable connections use different SSIDS, make your own choice of channel assignments, and either assign each device to use only one of those, or if iOS gives you a way to prioritize connections do so with care.

If you want good roaming and good connections relinquish the requirement for using independent WAPs or routers and open your wallet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-routers-as-access-points-help.1097856/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I want to extend the wireless signal in the house and i am having trouble setting it up.
If anyone has ideas please let me know....maybe step one for router 1 and another step for router 2.
Main computer - Windows Xp
Laptop - Windows Vista

Ok the main router that is connected to the computer is a netcomm NB6W and the router i want in the other part of the house is a EDIMAX - BR-6324NL

So the netcomm has ip addresses of 10.1.1.1 and so on. I put the edimax in the other room and connect it with the laptop and try to set it up.....the edimax can pickup the netcomm when its set to wireless access point but it wont connect to the internet so im pretty much stuck at the moment so if you have some steps that i can try that would be great.

Thanks,

Ben1981

A:Cannot set up the wireless access point between 2 routers

It sounds like you're trying to use the router as a wireless bridge. The instructions for that mode are on page 82 of this EDIMAX BR-6324NL User Guide

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-set-up-the-wireless-access-point-between-2-routers.893629/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I hope this is a good spot to cannot Two routers and access a printer networked come for an answer Thanks in advance for any help At my business we have a server connected to a cisco router I m unsure of the model but I ll find out if necessary The cisco router is not a wireless router but I wanted to have wireless access for Two routers and cannot access a networked printer my phone and tablet and my quot tech guy quot told me I can t replace the existing router but could hook up a wireless router to the cisco one So I ve hooked up a TPLink Router and it works great I have internet connection through it My issue is - I have a printer which I used to be able to access through the network from any computer on the network Now that my printer and computer are connected to the TPLink Router I cannot find my printer on the network from a computer which is not connected to the TPLink Router - my quot tech guy quot won t respond to help me I think I m unclear and maybe this will help Router -- gt Server other computers Printer amp Router Router -- gt Printer amp My computer My computer can access the server and Printer amp Printer Server can access Printer Server cannot access Printer Please Please help It s so inconvenient having to use only Printer for work related stuff nbsp

A:Two routers and cannot access a networked printer

the issue is the wiring. If you took the link from router#1 to the wan side on router #2,
then there is no means to access router#1 resources.

fix:
a) use your browser to access router#2 setup (I assume you know how, if not ask).
then disable the DHCP service in this router
also disable the remote management port 8080
save the changes.

b) now take the wire out of the wan slot on router#2 and move it to a lan slot, leaving
router#2 wan empty.

Router#2 will then operate as a switch but still retain the WiFi support. All devices connecting
to it will get IP addresses from router#1 and thus have access to all resources.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-routers-and-cannot-access-a-networked-printer.174191/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have access to a Linksys Access Point (WAP54G) but I don't have access to it's wireless router. If I take the ethernet cable attached to the Access Point and put into my laptop, how can I access the wireless routers information page?

With the ethernet cable connected the router ip address shows up as 192.168.15.1 but when entered into an address in Firefox I receive a page not found notice. I have no problems accessing the internet this way.
The location of the AP is a store and none of the employees are aware of the physical location of the wireless router.
Thanks.

Relevancy 48.59%

I am having an issue where the windows features under Internet Information Services/World Wide Web Services/Application Development Features will not install.  Specifically those which are clicked on when one clicks on ASP.NET.  All necessary versions
of ASP.NET are installed.  IIS 7 is installed.
In the Event Log there are two errors which are shown in conjunction with this problem.
1. Unable to install counter strings because the SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ASP.NET_64\Performance key could not be opened or accessed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the Win32 error code.
The error code is: 020000000E0E0000
2. Installing the performance counter strings for service ASP.NET_64 (ASP.NET_64) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code.
The error code is: 02000000C9120000
I am thinking that the performace key is somehow not accessable due to some security feature.

A:Turn Windows Features on or off Application Development Features

Andre,
I appreciate the replies, but it has nothing to do with running as administrator.
I solved the problem by turning IIS off all together and reinstalling it with the features I needed.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d711ecd1-620c-473c-af39-e607bbe2ec18/turn-windows-features-on-or-off-application-development-features?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey.

I earlier (roughly 6months ago) made a topic about this. (Can't access routers webpage / control page anymore.)

I recently got a brand new computer with a fresh copy of Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1 and the same problem is still there. The problem is: I can't access the routers webpage when I'm using ethernet. It's fine when I'm using wireless, but the thing is I don't have a adapter built in to the pc, so I had to use a USB adapter which my brother took.

So, I'm stuck with the ethernet cable. I got two cables, both of them give the same results, so atleast it shouldn't be the cable or such. Also, I can easily access the page on my mobile and laptop.

ipconfig /all

A:Can't access routers control page anymore

Yes I remember you and I'll say the exact same thing as last time. The IP's, Default Gateway, showing here isn't from any normal type of router, they appear to be from either a modem/router "combo" or just a modem.

The default gateway isn't even the same as the DHCP server. I have no idea what this is but it's certainly not normal.

You need to fix the hardware problem before you can access this router "if there is one".

The wireless may be working because it's accessing a wireless A/P rather than the router, not sure because lack of info here.

There is also no need to type any DNS servers into your IPv6 properties. I'm also not sure why you are showing three DNS servers?

Can't access routers webpage / control page anymore.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/276664-cant-access-routers-control-page-anymore.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I am looking for recommendations for any SOHO wireless router that can be configured to work as a wireless access point. We don't need any kind of range extender or repeater capabilities. It would need to be able to communicate with our existing 802.11/g Netgear router with WPA-PSK encryption

The reason I ask is that it seems like many wireless access points cost more than the sale prices of many wireless routers.

EDIT: Sorry for creating confusion with the incorrect terminology. I need to add a device to provide wireless network connectivity for a piece of equipment that only has a wired Ethernet port.

Relevancy 48.16%

I have my VoIP router (regular linksys router with one less port) the 4th
port is replaced by the VoIP connetions....anyhow, I have it hooked up
after the Cable modem, then I have the new G router chained off the back
of it. It's all working.....but I can't get to the config gui on the G router anymore. (once set up)
The viop router addy = 192.168.15.1
the G router addy = 192.168.1.1 (normal)
I turned off DHCP Server on the G router and filled out the routing info pointing at :
destination ip = 192.168.1.0
subnetm = 225.225.225.0
default gateway = 192.168.15.1

PC's hooked to both routers get to WAN and LAN just fine as does this laptop (wireless)
but I can no longer get to the G router to check / change settings - HELP

I guess I dont realy need to anymore - it's all set up ..... but I should be able to, no??

A:Daisy chaining two routers - I lose the ability to access the GUI on the second one.

192.168.1.0 is NOT a valid IP address. You cannot have an IP ending in 0. Since your gateway is 192.168.1.1, change your IP to 192.168.1.2 0r anything through 254.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/daisy-chaining-two-routers-i-lose-the-ability-to-access-the-gui-on-the-second-one.17868/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello My home network situation is like this I have a ZXDSL CII Modem Router with DHCP enabled and a DSL cable This connects to a port D-Link switch and from this I have two ethernet cables to two Points Access of Wireless routers? instead DHCP Solved: different routers a Linksys and an AirLink Each of these routers has DHCP enabled Solved: Wireless Access Points instead of DHCP routers? as well and they provide and Connected to the Linksys is my WD network drive and connected to my AirLink router is my laptop they re in separate rooms Thus I ve pretty much got two networks set up two subnets What I want to Solved: Wireless Access Points instead of DHCP routers? know is how to access one from the other i e how to access my network drive from my laptop without making the whole home network with static IPs So it s MODEM DHCP ----- gt D-LINK SWITCH --- gt LINKSYS DHCP w ---- gt NETWORK DRIVE ------- gt AIRLINK DHCP w ------ gt LAPTOP I can t access my drive without directly connecting to the Linksys router I want to know whether it s possible to access it through my AirLink router I originally did not have DHCP activated on the Linksys and Airlink - they had static IPs and so did the laptop and hard drive However I was told that it sometimes slows my internet as it may backtrack from AirLink to Linksys and then to the Modem Router - therefore I activated DHCP So one option I considered to establish a single home network is putting a switch before every wireless router - that way every computer in the house will be connected But the other option is converting my wireless routers into wireless access points - however won t these potentially allow backtracking and slow down the net Thank you for your assistance nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,
I noticed a few days ago that I cant access my router anymore "http://192.168.1.1/"
I had some network problems so I uninstalled hamachi.

Ethernet 24mbps connection crashes every 10mins~

There's the thread I made, and all of the changes I did I posted there. So if you read the thread. When I got back home and after few days I noticed that I can't connect to the router anymore. ipconfig just displays some random "85.157.0.1" which doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

A:Can't access routers webpage / control page anymore.

Try resetting the router to factory defaults. There should be a hole or reset button on back of router and follow manufacturers instructions on how to reset router to factory defaults. This should allow you to access your routers web based page again and then re-setup router again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/235290-cant-access-routers-webpage-control-page-anymore.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I've read other topics about it here, but my situation is somewhat unique.

1) I can successfully ping websites from the command line (PC)/Network utility (Mac), but can't open any pages in internet browsers. This applies to all devices/OS/browsers (Win 8, OSX, iOS, Android) as well as apps and software that requires Internet access in the household.

2) The incoming e-mails (in Mac mail app) go through.

3) I have 2 routers ? AirPort Time Capsule and the standard router from ISP. I tried them both, same zero result (ping - yes, browsing - no).

ISP hesitates to send help, they don't see any issues on their side of the line yet.

Not posting any logs since it's a multiple devices/routers situation.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-access-to-websites-able-to-ping-multiple-devices-routers.1157473/
Relevancy 48.16%

So I ve successfully configured some wireless SOHO routers as access points and they all work fine I ve done this with various brands of routers including Linksys Netgear Belkin and D-Link One thing I ve noticed is sometimes I ll experience poor wireless performance with the SOHO router configured as an access point For example a wired Internet connection might yield MBps download speeds and wireless access Question routers about SOHO as points a wireless connection through a wireless SOHO router configured as an access point to the same broadband modem will yield - MBps download speeds Of course a wired connection Question about wireless SOHO routers as access points will be faster than a wireless one but my question is is there anything inherent to configuring a wireless SOHO router as an access point that would cause a degradation in performance I would think there wouldn t be but I m asking the question here The process I ve used to configure the wireless SOHO router as an access point involves assigning the router an IP address within the subnet of the main router but outside of its DHCP assignment range disabling the DHCP server in the wireless router and configuring the wireless settings the way I normally would in terms of SSID security etc Thanks Peace nbsp

A:Question about wireless SOHO routers as access points

is there anything inherent to configuring a wireless SOHO router as an access point that would cause a degradation in performance?Click to expand...

Nothing that I can think of. Problem space includes wireless interference, defective router (either the wireless or the ethernet part) and defective cable between main router and the router configured as WAP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-wireless-soho-routers-as-access-points.1106914/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi Im trying to improve my home network Currently I have the modem and wireless router setup in my basement with one computer hardwired to the router and multiple laptops spread throughout the house However the laptops at the top of my house do not have good signal My house is wired with ethernet cabling throughout the house and walls to help or Routers Points Access Need with multiple network home setup What Need help to setup home network with multiple Access Points or Routers I want to do is to take advantage of this wiring and setup multiple routers or AP s throughout house not sure about difference Also to even allow some laptops to connect with an ethernet cable rather than wireless I am not sure how to do this currently All the ethernet cableing Need help to setup home network with multiple Access Points or Routers converge in my garage as an unfinished mess see pic I wanted to run a cable from my router to a plug in the wall which would take the signal to my garage I would then need some kind of device like a hub or switch but i am not sure what kind of device I was hoping it would then distribute the signal to the other wires and send it throuought the house I then wanted to connect another device that would like another router or AP in a another part of the house but am unsure what kind of device and how to do so If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Need help to setup home network with multiple Access Points or Routers

With Ethernet wiring available you have some nice choices;
use wires to access remote locations
and place wireless in the room(s) needed
Likely you can just wire to each floor and the garage and then let the wireless be accessed from those locations.

The Modem==>#1Router can control all the DHCP assignments and assuming that you only need four remote locations, you can use a 4-port router. If you need more than four, you will need a Switch, eg
Code:
modem==router---switch-- four connections
|
+---- three more connections
Each port from the router is wired to an Access Point or a WiFi router (doesn't matter so use whatever you have). The trick is
disable the dhcp in each Wifi device
attached the ethernet from #1Router to any LAN slot on the WiFi (leaving its Wan slot empty)
This will place all the WiFi on the same subnet as #1 router and sharing et al works across the board

WiFi setups:
start with just one to get the setup running and then you can use that as a template to
config the others. When performing this task, ALWAYS connect a pc to the Wifi device with a cable!

a) change the SSID to something unique to you but not obviously name, address ,,, (
you could add a suffix to it to identify one from the other

b) set a unique channel on each WiFi router to reduce interferrence.
(if you're using a DSL service, then make sure all phones in the house have a new filter attached)

c) enable encryption (WPA2 or WPA in that order) and set the passphrase (can be the same for all wifi devices)

d) for heaven's sake, change the admin password and save it.
(this will disconnect your PC from the device being configure so don't be shocked)

disconnect from the Wifi device and attempt a wireless connection.
Once this works, you can repeat for each of the others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-to-setup-home-network-with-multiple-access-points-or-routers.154687/
Relevancy 46.01%

I see where one of the performance enhancements recommended is to disable unneeded "Features" in the Program & Features section of Control Panel. The impact of disabling some of the features is obvious, but in some cases it's not so obvious whether I need to leave a feature installed or not based on how I use my system and the applications that I have installed (for example, Microsoft.NET Framework, Remote Differential Compression, etc.). I have tried searching for a description of each "Feature" and how to determine whether it might be needed or not, but have been unable to locate a good discussion or description of each "Feature". Can anyone direct me to a source of this info. Thanks.

A:Features Question - Program & Features

Quote: Originally Posted by Tomel

I see where one of the performance enhancements recommended is to disable unneeded "Features" in the Program & Features section of Control Panel. The impact of disabling some of the features is obvious, but in some cases it's not so obvious whether I need to leave a feature installed or not based on how I use my system and the applications that I have installed (for example, Microsoft.NET Framework, Remote Differential Compression, etc.). I have tried searching for a description of each "Feature" and how to determine whether it might be needed or not, but have been unable to locate a good discussion or description of each "Feature". Can anyone direct me to a source of this info. Thanks.

Blackviper.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/133858-features-question-program-features.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am an IT guy so security is constantly on my mind -- I would like feed back as well some input and opinions into this injustice done by major manufacturers This is the fact that major manufacturers Commercial Consumer of Concerns Routers / Some Routers Security of Consumer Routers Mostly are building in quot Default quot back doors to these devices that are not documented in their manuals The fact that they Companies have built in users like quot User quot quot Admin quot quot Mso quot quot Moxi quot and quot Root quot Not only do they have built in users but they also have multiple inputs to those users ie quot User quot administrator quot User quot Michael Most of us are aware that the quot User quot is there and can be changed as well as user ie quot Admin quot admin quot Admin quot Password gt But I recently found a vendor with the hidden user named quot Root quot with default quot password quot and Security Concerns of Consumer Routers / Some Commercial Routers also the user quot Moxi quot which is a multimedia acronym with the default password quot Blank quot These type of back that are not documented and pose a threat to our home routers via government or hackers and I personally think that they should stop I did not Security Concerns of Consumer Routers / Some Commercial Routers list the names of the five most popular brands Security Concerns of Consumer Routers / Some Commercial Routers on purpose I don't think this forum would like it much so I left the names out ALL are guilty of creating this type of back door with users I learned of this when my ISP called and said I downloaded some type of illegal music Which turned out to be someone using the back door quot Root quot and used my wireless router to accomplish it - GOTO Starbucks - I conclusion Back Doors may be fine but undocumented ones pose a security risk when you don't know they are there

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36791-security-concerns-consumer-routers-some-commercial-routers.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am using my desktop as a guest and cannot get on as administrator. I may have done something silly to make this happen, messing about with account perms and such when I got my MCITP book... Can use the computer a s a guest but I can't use Restore Point, can't use Run as Administrator, SpyBot has found issues I can't deal with without Admin access and neither can I do a back up before a wipe and reload. I have tried net user * from cmd and also OphCrack-which did find my guest password, but also said Admin account was Disabled. This problem was discovered when I tried remoteing in from my laptop. I have "something" in my D drive but doesn't look big enough for a recovery partition (9.8G).

Any ideas???

A:Admin access not available, Win 7 Pro.

See here, see if that helps: Built-in Administrator - Enable from WinRE

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/270044-admin-access-not-available-win-7-pro.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Please help whoever can I think I have a virus I can t get into task manager it keeps telling me that task manager has been disabled by my administrator but I am the administrator Avast kept coming up saying it found adware displaying this C DOCUME DENNIS LOCALS Temp bx dxv dat Win Adware-gen Adw I kept putting it into the virus chest as Avast suggested but it kept finding it again I ran Avast anitbirus check and it found the Win adware plus a trojan It is not coming up with warnings anymore but I still can t get into any admin settings Here is my Hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Java jre bin please help! admin. access, NO jusched NO admin. access, please help! exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Common Files Channel Weather Wizard TrueWeather exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exe C Program Files Webshots webshots scr C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files twc medicsp bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http cm my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http www seekerbar com ie aspx tb id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www seekerbar com ie aspx tb id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Road Runner High Speed Online R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl ex... Read more

Relevancy 45.15%

Hy guys Today I installed anywhere. can't Admin access to New Windows bit Version Now that all installation has completed i wanted to access to my computer network center Control panel and stuff like that But I had very confusing problem with it It says Error quot Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item quot How is this possible that i dont have permission - - I search on google but i didnt find anything useful In User managment i think it says this account is in administrators group I can't access anywhere exept Internet and few programs MAde some error pictures too http www upload ee image png http Admin can't access to anywhere. www upload ee image png If i try to go My computer or control panel it says both errors If i try to go usual my documents it says only Explorer error If program like Admin can't access to anywhere. skype asks permission to do something or connect to internet It asks Admin permission and i can give this to it I'd be very glad if someone anwsers me with solution quickly Admin can't access to anywhere. Thanks Intsu PS Bad english

A:Admin can't access to anywhere.

The first thing I would do is create another administrator account, yours may be corrupt.

If that fails, right click CMD and select "Run as administrator" and run sfc /scannow it will try to fix corrupt system files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/246482-admin-cant-access-anywhere.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am the only user on my home computer but when I try to modify a file it tells me I do not have permission, see admin. If I am the only user why don't I have permission ....who else is there? How do I log in as admin. to have permission? My system boots with no login, it goes directly to windows.

Relevancy 45.15%

For my work I am looking to create wireless capabilities to remote locations To do this we are using a standard modem router that is connected to an Engenius b g wireless outdoor radio connected to a dish antenna We are through currently working have routers, LAN Forward routers WAN series of the able to go to locations km and then with a corresponding receiving antenna using LoS receive the Internet and connect both to computers at Forward WAN through series of routers, the routers currently have working LAN the transmitting point as well as to the WWW The problem exists is that we want to employ a series of routers at the receiving end that would be able to carry the transmission to a different location relatively close due to the fact that some of the locations do not have line of sight to the antennas We are using Encore routers model ENHWI-N When we connect the radio s Ethernet into the routers WAN reciever we can connect to the Internet with a computer The problem exists is we want to pass that connection over to a second router R This connection is done when the routers are on access points set to a Forward WAN through series of routers, the routers currently have working LAN WDS function with R having R s mac address and vice versa Both routers are set to channel Even when the routers are seperated by distances gt m a computer plugged into R can see a computer plugged into R Files can be transferred between the computers wirelessly at speed around mbps However computer on R can not connect to the WWW This router features a spot that lights up if it has Internet access and R s is lit up but R s is not How do we transfer the Internet and not just a LAN from R to R so it can be accessed further away from the point of the radio and antenna equipment This setup has also been used where R is hardwired to R At R we change the channel to and then connect through that with mac addresses wirelessly to th router If comp is in R and far away it can still access and file share from comp at R edit the ip address for the routers exist all on xxx If the rd number is different between routers would this make a difference The routers are all on static ips TLDR SIZE Want to transfer wireless internet connection through a series of routers Can connect to www from R and can connect to R from both a R or a R via series of router with LAN and can share files but no WAN nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forward-wan-through-series-of-routers-the-routers-currently-have-working-lan.1054482/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

My stepfather who lives next door to me has a windows xp desktop and a actiontech modem with dynamic routing turned on for up to 4 computers on a dsl connection. I ran a cat 5 cable out of one of the ports and ran it to my house next door... about 175 feet roughly. I can get online next door. I am attempting to get all of the computers on the same network so we can share various resources and drives. All of the computers are apart of the same network, and I have double checked spelling... I have disabled all the firewalls, both on the machines and in the routers. If anyone can think of a step I might be missing, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

A:Mulitple routers, computers on diferent routers can't see one another.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mulitple-routers-computers-on-diferent-routers-cant-see-one-another.453213/
Relevancy 44.72%

confused: I am losing my mind! I have Windows 7 Home Premium on an HP Compaq Presario CQ62 laptop. Now every time i go to install a game, well anything it says i need Administrator privledges to access and denies me. Well i am a damn Administrator for gods sake, this used to belong to my friend, i bought it from him so EVERYTHING that has my name says Darrell before it. I cant get him off of the puter! AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Someone please help me? It also constantly messes up my game launchers so all my games are no good and have to be constantly re installed What ones i can play. AND the card games and such that originally come with the computer are gone. No spider solitaire nada nothing. ERRRRRR. Thank you, Laurel

Relevancy 44.72%

Hey people I have a similar issue to what was already stated i had two accounts on my computer one mine the admin and second a guest account my housemates some how with out realising what an idiot i was i managed to change my profile from admin to normal user However this is where things get a little different that above cause no longer is my profile shown on the computer When i log on it doesnt give the option to even pick between the two account it only shows the guest account Secondly it doesnt show it in normal xp fashion but shows it with a grey security box such as work profile with only my guest account name present I have tried to manually type other user name and password in but admin functions Can't access it doesnt recognise it i can log in with the guest account but cant change anythign cause it isnt admin it also doestn give the otpion anymore that when logging off to swtich user it just turns off its as though my own profile is no longer present or hidden and i cant find it anymore I have seen it in the computer management area Can't access admin functions under users and groups but because im still under Can't access admin functions the non admin profile cant access it i woudl be greatful for any help or Can't access admin functions advice in this matter nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I am running Windows XP OS.
The computer in question cannot load the internet on an administrator name, but while on guest it loads just fine.
(There are two other wireless computers configured through the router, if anyone needed to know.)
I am totally lost as to what to do.

Please help, I need my computer back to normal!
Thanks.

Relevancy 44.72%

I shut the computer down yesterday and today I cannot login to my admin accounts I am stuck on a limited account access Admin can't I accounts my Help! I tried safe mode I rechecked Help! I can't access my Admin accounts my user and passwords over and over I haven't changed them It keeps saying that my user and pass is incorrect even though it was working fine Help! I can't access my Admin accounts yesterday I can't download restore or anything with this Limited Account and I am going insane Please please help Please help This is not a quot icon isn't showing at windows startup quot question For some reason I cannot enable my admin accounts Either of them Online some say that Windows does it automatically sometimes or that updates haven't been recently installed or it could hackers and viruses I really have no idea why this is happening I'm kicked out of my own computer Is it possible that spybot is controlling my access to the Admin accounts for my safety This am I also was getting tons of pop-up error messages about Help! I can't access my Admin accounts a program My pc has been running a bit slower as well ever since I added a limited account onto it

A:Help! I can't access my Admin accounts

Hi and welcome,
Sorry about the delay, just saw the post. No, spybot would not do this. What error messages were you getting? When you boot into safe mode are you able to access the accounts? You are using the correct case for the password? If numbers are used in the password, and you are using the number pad on the right hand side, is the numlock turned on?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-i-cant-access-my-admin-accounts-187612.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Windows Pro SP machine with a couple accounts on it both are restricted accounts and I have no idea how to get an account with administrator rights when I login and goto User Accounts in the control panel and try to manage the accounts or do anything at all such as update Java the machine will always prompt me with quot Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer quot as shown in the attached screenshot Does anyone know how to fix or access admin my on system Need get by this I have no idea what the administrator password is or even what the username is When I do a quot net user quot at the cmd prompt I see C gt net user User accounts for ADM-RECEPTION --------------------------------------------------------- Admin Administrator Guest The command completed successfully Are these network accounts or local machine accounts I never Need admin access on my system login as Admin or Administrator The Administrator account is disabled but I don't have the rights to enable it See the second screenshot Any idea what the best move is

A:Need admin access on my system

ADM-RECEPTION?? Is this a pc used at work? Are you logged on to a domain as another username?
Administrator=built-in admininstrator account. It has admin rights enabled by default
Admin=just an admininstrator account, I assume

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/261466-need-admin-access-my-system.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I would like to allow the ability for our Information Security Team to access the console, but not be administrators in it (as they don't manage it, and don't know how it was set up, so I don't want them to have the ability to break it).

So far, it looks like there is just one group, the "admin" group.  Is there a way to give them access to only read the alerts, and not modify the configuration?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/993a7fe4-e6bd-42d4-b249-4c74f61f68d1/nonadmin-console-access?forum=mata
Relevancy 44.72%

I have been setting up my new PC for a few days, but I am running into all sorts of folders that I do not have access to (I am the dmin, only on other user). I can't get into My Pictures, I can't get into the User Accounts folders to find my Outlook folder, etc. Can I turn that off?

A:I am the Admin and my access is denied

Hello NootDoot,

I to ran into the same problem with Win7/64-Bit system I bought two months ago.
I turned off the UAC (security section in Control Panel) then you have to reboot. However, it is for your safety. Please investigate what clearances you have set, i.e., who can access what? I turned mine back on after making sure I had all rights. This too is confusing, took me a while. Use the Help section for Security and get your answers there.

I am sure very experienced members of this forum will be posting advice shortly as well.

Regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/47037-i-am-admin-my-access-denied.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Morning!
Dell Vostro 1400
Not sure what version  of XP PRO ( friend installed years ago, doesnt have disc anymore so thats NOT an option)

I Can no longer use hotspots on work network...dusting off old personal PC
Havent used in at least 2 years b/c I used work computer...
Can't remenber bleepin password!!!
Tried to remember
tried F8, Safe mode but admin option won't show up
Typed in admin and left password blank
Work comp won't let me run/burn password recovery/chang files...boo (I was really hoping for this one)
Tried cont, alt, delete twice at welcome screen (assuming screen is black with windows symbol)
I've looked at many many forums in the last 24 hrs. Is there anything I can do in safe mode with command prompt....anything...Not a professional tech obviously but I'm comfortable trying anything.       
HELP! Really don't want to pay money to recover it...who does?
Sincerely,
FRUSTRATED TEACHER

A:TRIED EVERYTHING! Cannot access admin login

Typed in admin and left password blank

Administrator not admin. Unless that's what you meant.

Tried cont, alt, delete twice at welcome screen (assuming screen is black with windows symbol)

Screen is not black with Windows logo. That's when it's in the boot process. The welcome screen looks like this...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504703/tried-everything-cannot-access-admin-login/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi guys,

I need your help, I'm having a bit of trouble with acces to my sister's folder. I want to access to her old folder to get the list of files so I can transfer them to her new folder. When I tried it, I will get this:

Do you know how I can access to her old folder to get the list of files?

Any advise would be much appreciate.

Thanks in advice

Relevancy 44.72%

All my files in "My Documents" are locked, and whenever I try to get into them it says "Access is Denied," plus I can't even delete it. I had to do the Windows Complete System Restore a few months ago and ever since then I can't open my personal "My Documents" files anymore. It has been like this for awhile, but I have lived with it, but I have had enough of this folder.

Any Appz I can use to fix this or any hackers that want to help me?

A:Access is Denied? I'm the admin! HELP!

http://support.microsoft.com/default...308421&sd=tech

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/access-is-denied-im-the-admin-help-77462.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey ..

When i start up my computer i get the loggon screen.
there is my ADMIN and a guest. when i sign on to my ADMIN i get a full black screen
and cant do anything abut it !! .
The guest account works fine.
So know im on the guest account and i dont know what to do about the black screen.

A:Help! I can't access my Admin accounts

Was anything added or removed from the system before the problem? Can you load your profile in Safe Mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-i-cant-access-my-admin-accounts-306381.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys,

I need your help on this one

My friend got a laptop it was a gift from her aunt. However, the only account we can access is a guest account. There's an admin account but her aunt cannot remember the password.

Problem: My friend cannot install games and other software because laptop asks for admin pass whenever she tries to do that

We tried safemode - it asked for admin pass
Control Panel - only guest account is visible
Tried command prompt - need admin pass too
Computer Management (lusrmgr.msc) - admin is not showing up

Any suggestion on how to edit the current admin password, setup a new admin profile or any trick to bypass the admin?

A:Windows 7 Admin Access Help

Hi we do not give help with bypassing password protection please see the forum rules http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ork&page=rules

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-admin-access-help-553051.html
Relevancy 44.72%

So I had to send my original schoolcomputer in for repairing My very rude I might add IT-staff at school did not include local admin for the temporary computer I did try to ask him for local admin as I Getting access to local admin need to change certain network-settings in order for my update Getting access to local admin my network-drivers When asking the IT-staff for local admin reasoning with the fact that I cannot access the internet properly due to the drivers not being uptodate they simply wrote me off saying that I didn t need it They did however challenge me get local admin claiming that they wouldn t care as long as I didn t cause any harm to the computer I have a normal local user connected to the schooldomain It is still connected to the domain-name after leaving the schoolnetwork where my username is DOMAIN username I am not able to access BIOS do any changes in group policy or system and naturally all the CMD-commands we did at junior high when we were twelve does not work The BIOS is set to automatically boot from the HDD thus any tricks involving iso files and CD USB-drives will not work How should I go about recovering resetting or removing the local administrator password I am using Windows

A:Getting access to local admin

Sorry, you need to get what you want from your school, not a support site.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473769/getting-access-to-local-admin/