Windows Support Forum

Change in bandwidth with different routers

Q: Change in bandwidth with different routers

Hello all I have been playing around with my home network of late and noticed some surprising at least as far as I m concerned results For work I require a hardware VPN so I was using in Change routers bandwidth different with a Sonicwall TZ W as my firewall and a asus rt-n u as a access point because the TZ s wireless is pants With this my peak download rate was Mbps and upload Mbps I then bought a linksys E and flashed it with DD-WRT and used that instead of the Sonicwall as soon as I plugged it in I noticed a Mbps increase in my download rate Upload increase was neglible if any I then decided I wanted to change from having a firewall and AP to a all in one solution since there was no real need to have both so I bought a Asus RT-N U flashed it with DD-WRT Now this router is amazing Change in bandwidth with different routers and I can t rate it enough with DD-WRT it is off the charts Much to my surprise I now had a peak bandwidth of Mbps down and Mbps up which is what my ISP originally quoted me when I got the line The results from the RT-N U you could say is not surprising with it being a far superior router but the E vs a TZ I m confused somebody please enlighten me Oh and the setup on E and the Asus is Change in bandwidth with different routers identical Alastair nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Change in bandwidth with different routers

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Change in bandwidth with different routers

My gut reaction is - - cudos to DD-WRT.
There are three factors for routers (especially when they get real busy):
clock speed of the processor
memory
the code/firmware

It is well known that DD-WRT is very good (read tight/small) and that allows the hardware (cpu + memory) to perform at its best.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-in-bandwidth-with-different-routers.200644/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hola amigos I have a home setup and Connecting my time double (pos bandwidth?) same cable at wireless to the routers with a wired router connected to my main desktop windows xp sp and also have a second physical Connecting to my wireless and cable routers at the same time (pos double bandwidth?) landline in my office with another wireless router connected to it My work provide this even though it s not really necessary Both connect to a meg internet service I can put an smc dongle in my desktop and connect no problem to the office wifi router this at the same time as the wired router being connected Looking at the firewall log the outbound and inbound traffic then you see both IPs for my desktop and through the office router being used by the machine There is however no real change in the maximum bandwidth I downloaded a large workfile and it maxed out at the same kbps My question is can i configure this set-up to utilise the full megs available to me through the one machine With my office line getting very little use and my area only having modest meg max speed it seems a shame not to take this option if it was available Many thanks if you can help nbsp

A:Connecting to my wireless and cable routers at the same time (pos double bandwidth?)

This has been desired by many people, but it does not work
Why? It is a routing problem. Your current routing is shown bynetstat -r​
To do what you want, you would need Asynchronous Transfer Mode where each packet can
be individually routed (and that takes special hardware and software)

As is, EVERYTHING gets routed to your Default Gateway on the interface where the connection was created.
If the connection goes to IF#1, then all traffic will go/come on that IF.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-to-my-wireless-and-cable-routers-at-the-same-time-pos-double-bandwidth.142788/
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok So I know almost nothing about computers so I ll do my best to describe my predicament Two years ago I got wireless internet and when I did my internet provider sent a wireless router that I have been using successfully with no problems But the other day my fiance noticed that we are being charged a fee for using the router provided by the internet provider and so he decided it we should skip the fee by buying our own wireless router I ve tried hooking up the new router I got a few times but it doesn t work I already have an existing network and all and the internet always works when I plug in the provider s router but when I plug in the new NetGear WNDR router I bought it doesn t even acknowledge that it s hooked up to the internet and I don t know how to get it to connect with my existing network so to How change routers? that I can send the provider s router back Thank you in advance and if I left any crucial info out please let me know and I ll try my best to provide it How to change routers? KD nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I've got Windows XP Home SP3 on a PC and a speedy DSL connection. I'm using IE6 (as long as it's working I'm not upgrading yet.)

Most of the time I'm able to watch videos on YouTube and there is minimal delay but on HULU there is often a long delay while it buffers - usually every time there is a new "chapter". It also takes a long time to buffer on the network sites if I watch a TV show.

I did a Google search and I saw several ways to increase Bandwidth but I don't know if their information is accurate and I don't want things to get worse.

So - is there a simple way to increase Bandwidth or will using a different Browser improve the way videos are shown? How do I tell what my current Bandwidth is?

Thanks!

Relevancy 52.89%

Iv had my lynksys router for about 2 months now I secured it buy encryption with a password. Should you change the routers default ip address? When I called lynksys to help me setup the router over the phone they said nothing about it??

A:should you change routers ip address? for security

Hi GreatNate,

Yes, for better security, you should change the default IP address. Just be sure to write it down so you have when you need to log in to the router.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/219985-should-you-change-routers-ip-address-security.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Before i begin this is my current set up DSL R Modem lt --- gt WDNR --------- gt Many Different Computers and switches Wireless devices So my problem is i have recently got the WDNR to Internal routers IP - Conflicting Change replace the gateway function of the DSL modem The problem im having is Change Internal IP - Conflicting routers that i can t get the DSL router IP address to change from to somethinng differnet as i want the WDNR to have this and this range of IP addresses I basically just want the DSL modem to be a modem and none of the NAT rubbish HOWEVER if i turn of NAT or change the IP manually i can not access the DSL modem what so ever and the external ip of the WDNR changes to from what ever it was getting from the DSL modem before i think Is there anyway to get the modem to not use NAT and to port forward everything to the WDNR At the moment i get Change Internal IP - Conflicting routers some error about confliciting subnets Many thanks Spud nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Background Little home network computers I regularly use Main PC Win Pro connected by WiFi other PCs all Ethernet to the router Win Pro XPPro Win KServer I never can bring myself to get rid of a computer Anyway all working moderately well Main PC can remote desktop to all the others and see shared folders Then remote one to in desktop Change computer breaks (LAN) routers some problems Due to some erratic speed initially thought my internet speed but trouble shooting hints at LAN I was experimenting and it seemed that my old Netgear router was acting erratically Continuing to experiment I replaced the router with a somewhat newer D-Link router One I had bought months ago but didnt like some features and it has been on the shelf The D-Link seemed to make an improvement in speed but the problem was very intermittent so I am Change in routers breaks remote desktop to one computer (LAN) still playing with it But here is my problem The Win Pro computer is no longer available by remote desktop The other two are fine and all three show their shared folders Just no remote desktop on the Win computer I have swapped the routers until I have about worn out the cable connectors and the D-link just does not allow remote desktop between the Win computers This is likely something obvious to someone who understands networking and I dont I just keep changing settings reconnecting and rebooting until it works No suggestion rejected

A:Change in routers breaks remote desktop to one computer (LAN)

Have you tried resetting the d-link router"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/239742-change-routers-breaks-remote-desktop-one-computer-lan.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

My roommate is constantly downloading movies and whatnot from those torrent sites. He uses up all the bandwidth and the rest of our connections are really really slow. Whenever his computer is off or not downloading, our internet runs perfectly and smooth, but as soon as he starts it up again the rest of our connections slow down to a crawl.

I've tried asking him to stop downloading so much at once, but he just yells at us and won't stop. Is there someway for me to go into my router settings webpage and limit his bandwidth allocation or something? Just basically anything that will stop him from hogging all the internet.

I have a Linksys Wireless Router, model no. WRK54G. I would GREATLY appreciate any help you might have. Thank you very much!

A:My roommate is sucking up all the bandwidth! Can I limi his bandwidth someway?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-roommate-is-sucking-up-all-the-bandwidth-can-i-limi-his-bandwidth-someway.677163/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am an IT guy so security is constantly on my mind -- I would like feed back as well some input and opinions into this injustice done by major manufacturers This is the fact that major manufacturers Commercial Consumer of Concerns Routers / Some Routers Security of Consumer Routers Mostly are building in quot Default quot back doors to these devices that are not documented in their manuals The fact that they Companies have built in users like quot User quot quot Admin quot quot Mso quot quot Moxi quot and quot Root quot Not only do they have built in users but they also have multiple inputs to those users ie quot User quot administrator quot User quot Michael Most of us are aware that the quot User quot is there and can be changed as well as user ie quot Admin quot admin quot Admin quot Password gt But I recently found a vendor with the hidden user named quot Root quot with default quot password quot and Security Concerns of Consumer Routers / Some Commercial Routers also the user quot Moxi quot which is a multimedia acronym with the default password quot Blank quot These type of back that are not documented and pose a threat to our home routers via government or hackers and I personally think that they should stop I did not Security Concerns of Consumer Routers / Some Commercial Routers list the names of the five most popular brands Security Concerns of Consumer Routers / Some Commercial Routers on purpose I don't think this forum would like it much so I left the names out ALL are guilty of creating this type of back door with users I learned of this when my ISP called and said I downloaded some type of illegal music Which turned out to be someone using the back door quot Root quot and used my wireless router to accomplish it - GOTO Starbucks - I conclusion Back Doors may be fine but undocumented ones pose a security risk when you don't know they are there

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36791-security-concerns-consumer-routers-some-commercial-routers.html
Relevancy 46.01%

1 modem
1 Belkin N600 router
1 Linksys E1200 router running DD-WRT

Currently, Belkin router is connected to modem. Belkin's ip is 192.168.2.1
Linksys router's IP is 192.168.1.1 and its WAN port is connected to Belkin's LAN port.. internet is working fine however my PC can only access the GUi of the Belkin router since it is conected to the LAN port of the Belkin Router. I also want my PC to access the Linksys GUI without having to plug my PC's cable to the linksys..

How do i go about doing this?

Thanks a lot

Relevancy 45.15%

For my work I am looking to create wireless capabilities to remote locations To do this we are using a standard modem router that is connected to an Engenius b g wireless outdoor radio connected to a dish antenna We are through currently working have routers, LAN Forward routers WAN series of the able to go to locations km and then with a corresponding receiving antenna using LoS receive the Internet and connect both to computers at Forward WAN through series of routers, the routers currently have working LAN the transmitting point as well as to the WWW The problem exists is that we want to employ a series of routers at the receiving end that would be able to carry the transmission to a different location relatively close due to the fact that some of the locations do not have line of sight to the antennas We are using Encore routers model ENHWI-N When we connect the radio s Ethernet into the routers WAN reciever we can connect to the Internet with a computer The problem exists is we want to pass that connection over to a second router R This connection is done when the routers are on access points set to a Forward WAN through series of routers, the routers currently have working LAN WDS function with R having R s mac address and vice versa Both routers are set to channel Even when the routers are seperated by distances gt m a computer plugged into R can see a computer plugged into R Files can be transferred between the computers wirelessly at speed around mbps However computer on R can not connect to the WWW This router features a spot that lights up if it has Internet access and R s is lit up but R s is not How do we transfer the Internet and not just a LAN from R to R so it can be accessed further away from the point of the radio and antenna equipment This setup has also been used where R is hardwired to R At R we change the channel to and then connect through that with mac addresses wirelessly to th router If comp is in R and far away it can still access and file share from comp at R edit the ip address for the routers exist all on xxx If the rd number is different between routers would this make a difference The routers are all on static ips TLDR SIZE Want to transfer wireless internet connection through a series of routers Can connect to www from R and can connect to R from both a R or a R via series of router with LAN and can share files but no WAN nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forward-wan-through-series-of-routers-the-routers-currently-have-working-lan.1054482/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

My stepfather who lives next door to me has a windows xp desktop and a actiontech modem with dynamic routing turned on for up to 4 computers on a dsl connection. I ran a cat 5 cable out of one of the ports and ran it to my house next door... about 175 feet roughly. I can get online next door. I am attempting to get all of the computers on the same network so we can share various resources and drives. All of the computers are apart of the same network, and I have double checked spelling... I have disabled all the firewalls, both on the machines and in the routers. If anyone can think of a step I might be missing, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

A:Mulitple routers, computers on diferent routers can't see one another.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mulitple-routers-computers-on-diferent-routers-cant-see-one-another.453213/
Relevancy 44.72%

As the title suggests- I have issues.. Just moved out to the rural countryside and had to get a satelite setup for internet access. We got the 30GB package and after a WEEK, they claimed we hit our limit. Ok so back in city life we had a 25 Gig package on broadband and never had an issue with three of us on it. I downoaded the Networx bandwidth tracking package and while good it has issues.. so heres my Question: What software package OR hardware device is available out there to track usage for a family of three wireless Inspirons and a lan cabled IBM Business computer? I can't install any software on the business computer so I set mine up to monitor router traffic hoping to capture all traffic - but this only works if my computer is on. Is there an easier way? As I'm not a techie please use very simple words and suggestions. Thanks

A:Bandwidth, bandwidth and more bandwidth issues...

Having 30GB a month sounds pretty good to me, my parents live in a rural area and have 5! a month limit. They are through Dish, there aren't a whole lot of sat internet providers in the US, and they are all pretty similar in usages and charges from what I recall. Dish has a way to track your usage on their website, I assume HughesNet, WildBlue, whatever things are calling themselves now (essentially in the US at least, you are going through something that is either those, or is owned by those). So, you should be able to watch your usage in somewhat real time on their website.

If you live outside of the US or have some provider I am unaware of, I would be they also have a website interface that will let you track. The only downside to this is that you have to take their word for your usage, but that is pretty easily determined if you can control your devices for a short period of time and do a download test (grab a linux ISO at 650 megs). It should match up, if not, then you are getting scammed by your ISP and you should google to see if anyone else is having the same issues, this is HIGHLY unlikely though.

Bottom line, you are overthinking it, just use your ISPs counter on their website, if you think their's is wrong, post back with some details on why.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bandwidth-bandwidth-and-more-bandwidth-issues.200273/
Relevancy 33.54%

Just wondering how much bandwidth browsing the internet takes up. Basically average stuff like viewing web pages, emailing, and light video (youtube) watching. My sister is going to be living with me for a while, and she wants to connect to my network, but i already have 3 computers on it. I do heavy gaming (xbox live) and pc gaming. I have 6mb cable internet speed but i am still worried i will be lagging out of my games. My other options would be upgrading to 12 mbs and making her pay the difference or simply telling to get her own service. Thanks.

A:Bandwidth

usually, the impact is the other way; gaming impacts email/browsing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bandwidth.66676/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi,
I use a computer in an isolated area so no one else has access to it. I connect to the internet via a vodafone USB modem on the vodacom cell phone network in South Africa. I originally used a 500MB contract and struggled to use 10MB a day then all of a sudden sometimes over 160MB disappear at once. Has been going on for over a year but has got worse and worse. I have sort lots of help and doing these scans was recommended to me. What ever is downloading or uploading on my computer can do it a lot faster than any down or uploads that i try to do myself.
Hope someone can help.
Thanks

A:something is using my bandwidth

What's the name of the company that owns that computer? Do you have permission from the company IT folks to have that system worked on? Have you not consulted with your IT department yet regarding these issues?I ask because in my travels around the web, I've never seen norton 360 installed on a home computer. That software alone could be the cause for your issues. Norton's live update, with the 360 (as well as almost ALL of the symantec products), will take up close to 100% of the cpu usage...that combined with the fact that you have a questionable toolbar installed. That McAfee write up is for the crawler toolbar adware issues. With that thing installed, each time you try to open your browser, you'll begin to attract the ads like bees to a honey comb, and that's not even considering the redirected searches you'll encounter.On your next reply, please let us know who owns that computer and whether or not your IT department sanctions your solicitation for assistance outside the company. Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375668/something-is-using-my-bandwidth/
Relevancy 33.54%

Due to my parents Im stuck on a 10gb a month Internet plan (I can picture some of you cringing as you read that). Due to recent events we may run out before our monthly term is over. I have been checking my computers network meter recently to see how im using the Internet. One thing I have noticed is that my computer seems to use a fair bit of data without my knowledge... Is there a way (short of unplugging the Ethernet cable) of stopping my computer sending or receiving data unless I specifically tell the process to (e.g perform a Google search), which will stop again once I end the process/close the program?

Thanks

A:Why do i use bandwidth doing nothing?

Quote: Originally Posted by Tomha

Due to my parents Im stuck on a 10gb a month Internet plan (I can picture some of you cringing as you read that). Due to recent events we may run out before our monthly term is over. I have been checking my computers network meter recently to see how im using the Internet. One thing I have noticed is that my computer seems to use a fair bit of data without my knowledge... Is there a way (short of unplugging the Ethernet cable) of stopping my computer sending or receiving data unless I specifically tell the process to (e.g perform a Google search), which will stop again once I end the process/close the program?

Thanks

Not really. A lot goes on in the background like mail, dns, time sync, browser cache, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/164645-why-do-i-use-bandwidth-doing-nothing.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Please help I have a very limited amount of bandwidth I am allowed per month I m not sure what it is I is What bandwidth using my hope an automatic update or something I hope it isn t a virus etc Anyway I ve noticed that What is using my bandwidth all of a sudden something gets downloaded I want to find out what I did a hijack this logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files AVG What is using my bandwidth AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system ZONELABS vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC WINDOWS system Rundll exeC WINDOWS system keyhook exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files acer eRecovery Monitor exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Banda Ancha Movil Banda Ancha Movil exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Documents and Settings main Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO ZoneAlarm Security Engine Registrar - A A C - - D C-BD D- CB EED E - C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField TrustChecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO no name - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - no file O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - no file O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar no name - D C F- A- -A AD- D - no file O - Toolbar ZoneAlarm Security Engine - EE AC E -B B - EC - A -BCA A AB - C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField TrustChecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dllO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr quot C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh quot C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run SiSPower quot Rundll exe quot SiSPower dll ModeAgentO - HKLM Run SiS Windows KeyHook C WINDOWS system keyhook exeO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY quot C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst... Read more

A:What is using my bandwidth

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/370935/what-is-using-my-bandwidth/
Relevancy 33.54%

Does the length of the connection from the phone jack to your computer affect the upload and download speed of a computer? Mine is currently 20 feet. Any response is appreciated.

Relevancy 33.54%

Network Downloads : NetStat Live /// AnalogX

A:Know Your Bandwidth

Cool application.

Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/281928-know-your-bandwidth.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Ok guys what is bandwidth is bandwidth?????? What I was trying to What is bandwidth?????? watch abc com and catch up on some episodes well this box keeps poooing up saying streaming server connection warning--your viewing experience my be less than optiioal because your bandwith appears to be below kbps Well since this compter is a few weeks old I did not think I would have any streaming problems Can someone help the player freezes and chops like I have dial up which I dont Its a abc episode player OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name PATSIE System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation System Model Dell DE System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date Dell Computer Corporation A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name PATSIE Patricia Time Zone Eastern Standard Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space MB Page File C pagefile sys thanks again nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

I am looking for some type of program that will allow me to lower my overall bandwidth. In other words, a basic self bandwidth throttler. I need it for a class experiment that I am going to be doing. I hope I can find some freeware, I guess shareware might will do too. Do any of you know were I can get(hopefully download) a program such as this at?

A:Bandwidth Help

on a webserver? http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...03/standard/proddocs/en-us/qos_throttlebw.asp

or a workstation? http://www.shunra.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bandwidth-help.11603/
Relevancy 33.54%

Network Downloads : NetStat Live /// AnalogX

Nice software for information about your network.

Relevancy 33.54%

does microsoft still rob us of that, and if so, how can i get it back

A:20 % bandwidth ????

Quote: Originally Posted by watcher6342

does microsoft still rob us of that, and if so, how can i get it back

They never did. That rumor was a complete and total fallacy posted by either a sadly misinformed "expert" or a malicious liar. It's a shame that too many people believe what they read and accept it without question. See Windows XP Quality of Service (QoS) enhancements and behavior. Here's the relevant excerpt:

Quote:
Clarification about the use of QoS in end computers that are running Windows XP
As in Windows 2000, programs can take advantage of QoS through the QoS APIs in Windows XP. One hundred percent of the network bandwidth is available to be shared by all programs unless a program specifically requests priority bandwidth. This "reserved" bandwidth is still available to other programs unless the requesting program is sending data. By default, programs can reserve up to an aggregate bandwidth of 20 percent of the underlying link speed on each interface on an end computer. If the program that reserved the bandwidth is not sending sufficient data to use it, the unused part of the reserved bandwidth is available for other data flows on the same host.

For more information about the QoS Packet Scheduler, see Windows XP Help. Additional information about Windows 2000 QoS is available in the Windows 2000 technical library.

Correction of some incorrect claims about Windows XP QoS support
There have been claims in various published technical articles and newsgroup postings that Windows XP always reserves 20 percent of the available bandwidth for QoS. These claims are incorrect. The information in the "Clarification about QoS in end computers that are Running Windows XP" section correctly describes the behavior of Windows XP systems.

See also :
Increasing Band-Width by 2O%
Windows 7 stealing bandwidth?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/128276-20-bandwidth.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I am a business Tech for a broadband cable company I have had customers in the last month come MAX Bandwidth out up with the same issues While trying to trouble shoot the customers latency all components of Bandwidth MAX out the drop system have been replaced and my companies network has been verified as NO issues are seen with the neighbors Neither company has an internal IT person so when the cust experiences latency guess who Bandwidth MAX out gets called This one is a stumper tho and I am starting to lean towards the latency being caused by an outside source spamming something on the cust network We have a meeting with a rd party IT guy that has been to one of the custs multiple times who is pointing the finger at us When arriving onsite I hook into the cust cisco port switch which is hooked into the Cisco small business model firewall which is hooked into a docsis modem has been swapped from moto to cisco still same issues High ping times off the switch when pinging outside IPs jumping form ms to and everywhere in between I systematically disco each Ethernet off the ports while pinging to try and identify the bandwidth sucker and after discoing all and never seeing my ping times return to normal I Moved to the firewall Again still high ping times so I Move to a direct connection off the modem and still high ping times BUT when I power cycle the modem high ping times resolve but only for - min Then within min of seeing a ms ping time the Bandwidth sucker comes back and the internet is unusable So I know your saying Well YES It is the providers issue And I said the same thing until I power cycled the modem again and did NOT hook back into the network High ping times never came back until you hook back into the Cust network and wait - min At both instances the issues have been the same except the rate at which the high ping times come back at business A was - min and Business B is anywhere from min to days And both Companies have a Cisco Small Business Firewall not sure if its exact model but very close SO to me it sounds like something is spamming the Cust network from OUTSIDE the cust network and even though the device may get disco d when trouble shooting the route the SPAM took through the modem was still there UNTIL the modem is power cycled and the route is broken But the Route is again reestablished when the Cust network is hooked back to the internet modem Is this a valid theory and does anyone know of programs that do this Oh and yes both Cust are using statics on the firewall nbsp

A:Bandwidth MAX out

Also, when we normal trouble shoot cust network issues, we pull ethernets off the switch while pinging. This process usually shows the offending device immediately when pinging and we can show the cust how we found the issue. Unfortunately it is not the case here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bandwidth-max-out.1098746/
Relevancy 33.54%

I know there are a lot a techies on the site so I would like to aske a question.
Im not sure if this is the right forum or even the right site to ask this but I have a question that has perplexed me forever.
How can we get trillions of bytes of data per second to our television and have it perfectly flawless yet when I work on our server that is 100 miles away and Im trying to retrive a small spread sheet it takes forever. Surely the amount of data that we receive to our TV's is infinietly more than we receive through my T1 connection.

signed confused

Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys,
thinking of setting up a VPN for a small business. Probably only 1 user at a time using it, but wondering about what kind of bandwidth you need to run that.
Currently upload speed is about 1.7Mbps, does this cut the mustard?
Cheers.

A:Bandwidth for VPN

It really depends on the application or what you're trying to do with it.

I have a 768Kbps up speed which is killing me at the moment. But for most things I do via a VPN connection, it's not bad and works fine. There are certain applications where I have problems and have gotten around that by doing RDP sessions through the tunnel to minimize the amount of data being pushed through the link.

Also, other things like latency due to the encryption overhead and the data frame size shrinking due to the encapsulation of the VPN will affect performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bandwidth-for-vpn.1053457/
Relevancy 33.54%

HELP....I am trying to figure out why our internet provider says we are using over our limited bandwidth. Looking for information on what to look for to solve the problem.

Relevancy 33.54%

Good morning all,
I have notice that sometimes my PC's get very slow when downloading from internet. I have a T1 and a DSL Line. The T1 is primary use only for internal traffic between sites. The DSL line is suppose to be use only for web traffic and also as a backup in case T1 goes down. The part that I dont understand is that if someone is downloading anything from the internet it also affects T1 traffic. Can anyone please tell me how can I track down what is actually happening. If Im d/l from web why slows T1 as well?

Thanks
Mm

A:Where is my bandwidth?

It is non-trivial to get TWO connections to the Internet to operate together.

My guess would be you are starting the DSL first and it is taking all the traffic.

Test you connectivity by disconnecting the RJ11 phone link ,
disconnect the RJ45, wait 30 seconds and then reconnect.

Now watch your bandwidth.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-is-my-bandwidth.168088/
Relevancy 33.54%

I share an internet connection with several other people This means that if one person is downloading using all bandwidth? the Who's a heavy amount the rest suffer from basically unusably slow internet speeds As it stands currently short of going around the house and asking each person individually if they are the one quot hogging all of the bandwidth quot the best way of seeing Who's using all the bandwidth? who's doing it is checking on the router My router has a small screen on the front that lists all the devices connected to it and how much data each device is using This is useful but Who's using all the bandwidth? it's on the other floor and a hassle to go downstairs to look at every time I feel like the net is being throttled My question is simply is there a software solution Is there a program I can install on my own computer that can see where all the bandwith of my connection is going similar to what I described on the front of my router This would allow me to see who's hogging the bandwidth and therefore more efficiently address their evil wrongdoing

A:Who's using all the bandwidth?

Ask them to enable uTP in their Bittorrent clients.

Have you checked your router's ip address to see what kind of web serving functionality it offers? Maybe it has the same info in its server that it has on the physical screen.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/40701-whos-using-all-bandwidth.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey guys this is my first post here and havent had any luck searching here or on google to help me with this I have something taking huge amounts of bandwidth Both in bandwidth my is Where going? upload and download I have ran seperate anti virus checkers with no luck of finding anything I do not see anything that would make me think its a virus I tried displaying all files and extensions to see if anything weird would pop up To make sure I wasnt just thinking Where is my bandwidth going? I was loosing bandwidth I put a tracker to see how much was going out and in during a certain period In hours with nothing running and the computer Idle I dled close to gb and uploaded gb I as well have turned off auto updates to every program I could I am on sattelite internet so this is a huge issue for me If I go Where is my bandwidth going? over my daily limit during charged hours i get FAP'd and have slower than dl speeds Where is my bandwidth going? I tested last night during my free hours so I wouldnt have that happen Any and all suggestions are welcomed Feel free to ask any specific info you need I will gladly post it

A:Where is my bandwidth going?

From a command prompt, run this command:

netstat -abo

Wireshark is also an excellent way to see everything your nic is communicating with and how.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/37925-where-my-bandwidth-going.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Earlier today, the quality of my internet connection dropped suddenly. Then, I checked my Task Manager and it says I'm downloading constantly at 2.1 Mbps, what is basically all the bandwidth I have. Then, I check the Resource Monitor and it only reports the use of some bytes per second of bandwidth.

I have already disabled Windows Update because I thought it could be downloading updates, but I still have the same bandwidth usage.

Look at the screeshot:

A:All my bandwidth is being used and I don't know why

If some program is not updating or OneDrive synching you may have some malware, which AV or other security programs do you have ?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/44782-all-my-bandwidth-being-used-i-dont-know-why.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey all,

This isn't exactly a Windows XP question, but I use Windows XP so I guess this is the best place for it.

I'm wondering is there some sort of program or setting that would allow me to allocate bandwidth to certain programs. The reason I ask is when I'm downloading files I can't surf the net with Firefox because the downloader is taking all the bandwidth. I know you'll just say "Turn the downloader off" but I'd like to have more control over my bandwidth.

Thanks
H?

A:Bandwidth Help

I use Free Download Manager,you can set it to three speeds.You can get it HERE.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bandwidth-help-82861.html
Relevancy 33.54%

hi. iwas wondering if there was a way to check if the bandwidth settings have been changed for my router. my friend said he was gonna change it to upload/download at say 75% instead of using it all, and i wanted to see if he already did it. is there an easy way to do that, and how can i check if its been changed? thanks.

Relevancy 33.54%

I am currently connected to the net with 256k connection, up until yesterday i was running xphome with sp1 and i was able to download stuff of bit torrent sites at around 25k, I had to install sp2 to get WPA access to my router.Today ibought xp pro and everything works just fine but eversince I installed WPA over WEP and installed SP2 my bandwidth is down to 5-7k its really enoying I think it might have somthing to do with SP2 does anyone have a solution, or has had this problem before themselves.

A:no bandwidth

SP2 has the Windows firewall activated by default, so your BT software works only in passive mode. Open the relevant ports or turn off the firewall completely.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-bandwidth.51852/
Relevancy 33.54%

I'm one of the server admins for a local LAN Party, and we have an intranet site up for clients to download updates for their games, extra maps and scripts and find out lan info. There are 2 mirrors since usually one 100mb connection is not enough for all the transfers. I was wondering if there are any nice php scripts or something like that, that will show the connection usage visually on the page so people will know when to switch to the second mirror.

Thanks for everything in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bandwidth.449849/
Relevancy 33.54%

Ok I have a bandwidth monitor this is because I have a fair usage Is What Bandwidth? policy with my ISP which is G a month I usually go over this so I What Is Bandwidth? got 'Bandwidth Monitor Pro' I access my Brother's PC via the crossover cable the BWM shows a MB sec speed obviously this doesn't count as 'Downloads' so it's just messing with my results on BandWithMonitor If I play a game like CounterStrike Source WOW or anything online It's constantly got a reading of downloading and after a session of CSS it read that I'd downloaded Mb so Is that downloading THere were no file downloads just playing the game I simply want to know that If i play WOW for a month i dont want to have complaints about downloading too much if you know what I mean If this bandwidth and downloads are different then that's great and I'd like to find a different program that only shows my downloads Because I know i didn't download G in day Thankyou Isaac Moderator edit moved post to a more appropriate forum and expanded Topic Description jgw

A:What Is Bandwidth?

If you are getting 30Gb of bandwidth a month then anything you do will eat into that. playing a game online. surfing. watching a video online and download files will all count towards that cap

doea your brothers pc connect online also. anything he does will effect that amount too

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/167981/what-is-bandwidth/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi I am about to add link aggregation between two switches and I wanted to know if there is a tool (free) that will enable me to check the bandwidth of the link before and after I have added link aggregation.

Thanks
Michael

Relevancy 33.11%

Okay this is a little complicated...

I have a home network, with One PC connected to the internet. I would like to know when another computer goes onto the internet and how much bandwidth is used.

If anyone can please assist, I would appreciate it...
Thanks

Relevancy 33.11%

I'm looking for a way to monitor the bandwidth on my router. The Router model is a Linksys E2500 Dual-Band router and the CD came with no monitoring software. What I'm looking for is:
-Can display overall bandwidth usage in both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands.
-Displays usage of bandwidth of connected devices on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands.
-Shows devices connected to router at the given time.

I'm hoping there is a free program or Windows Sidebar Gadget that can do these tasks so I can monitor bandwidth and see what is going on amongst my network.
Thanks in advance.

A:Bandwidth Monitoring

hi
there are lots of different programs out there to monitor my favorite is Axence NetTools 4.0 Pro http://www.axencesoftware.com/Download/NetTools.exe

Axence Software - Network Monitoring, Network Mapping & Application Monitoring- NetTools Pro

Quote:
NetTools is a free and comprehensive set of host monitoring, network scanning, security and administration tools, all with a highly intuitive user interface.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/201987-bandwidth-monitoring.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Does anyone know a free bandwidth meter that works with W7? Maybe a desktop gadget type of thing?

A:need bandwidth meter

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...idth+meter&aq=3&oq=windows+7+bandwidth&aqi=g5

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-bandwidth-meter.874676/
Relevancy 33.11%

has anyone else noticed what happens when you have several machines on a network using 2000 then you add one XP machine?

well the xp machine takes all the internet bandwidth leaving each of the other machines with aprox 15k of internet speed.

i am using a D-Ling 604 router on a small network, i know there is a hack in the windows xp registry to stop it stealing bandwdth, iv seen it once on ms tech net, but i dont have an account there, can anyone help me locate it please?

done many searches on the net, seems to surgest its the quality of service (QoS) has a hack but this is not proven to change the stealing effect.

A:xp stealing bandwidth

I know of no hack to limit bandwidth for XP, but then I've never experienced what you are talking about. I have a network with a mix of XP and 2K machines, with a Linux and W98 machine thrown in. I've had no issues with sharing my Comcast cable between all machines.

QOS won't do anything unless there's a agreement with a server on how the packets are managed. I take QOS out of my XP configurations unless there's a good reason to leave it there. Here's a link to a PDF file that talks about how QOS works: http://www.alliedtelesyn.com/corporate/media/whitepapers/qos_wp.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-stealing-bandwidth.310840/
Relevancy 33.11%

Is there any difference in putting..Lets say 2 7950s in a A8N-SLI Which saids it has X8 Speed, And Put 2 7950s in a A8N32-SLI Which said it has X16 Speed. Is there any difference? Will the SLI not work, or will it be significantly slower?

A:SLI Bandwidth question

Thats a AM2 board right? =O I'm kind of limited to 939 because i just need to replace my A8N32 but the problem is that i can't find any in American e-tailers =[ But i'm seeing alot of A8N-SLI's so....yeah =D

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sli-bandwidth-question.86976/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi all I ve been having some issues with my bandwidth usage recently it seems that my computer may be infected because my bandwidth usage for the month was both GB and GB in days I ve been monitoring my internet usage and have made no large downloads within this time which has lead me to believe that the computer may be infected Being hit with additional usage charges is not a pleasant feeling so I am hoping we can work together to resolve this I ve attached all the logs which I found in the instructions let me know what else you PC Using - far much Infected too bandwidth may need Thanks a lot Josh Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom PC Infected - Using far too much bandwidth tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA- GM-UD H Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled Click to expand nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

I have received an email from my internet provider saying i am using excess bandwidth and that i may have a virus, i dont watch alot of streaming video or play games online.

How can i check if my bandwidth is being stolen

Dan

A:Stealing bandwidth

There are worms and viruses with similar message content that are disguised to look like they come from your ISP, but really do not. One give away is the email does not contain your name, username, or account number. Copy and paste some of the text here (including the Subject line) and we will have a look.

BTW, I received two emails yesterday regarding investigation of suspicious activity on my Paypal account. When I read the header information it showed they were from a Yahoo.com email address.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stealing-bandwidth.647222/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a motorola radio gateway hooked up to my network. I need to know how much information it sends out to my dispatch console over the network. Is there a free application that would allow me to monitor bandwidth between to IP addresses on my network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bandwidth-monitor.839356/
Relevancy 33.11%

So I've been using bandwidth meter pro for a good few months and only now it has started to show some usage (around 1-20 kb every 20-40 seconds) while my computer is on idle. Nothing is on, no torrents or anything like that. This is consistent. Furthermore, I have virus scanned my computer via. Avast and found a few viruses, but that didnt stop it. So now im wondering whether this could be the result of a hidden virus that I have not found, or could it just be that this program is inaccurate?

Greatly Appreciated.

btw, I used TCPview and all those programs to check the source of this usage but still no cigar.

A:Bandwidth meter pro?

I'd consider posting in the Virus & Other Malware Removal forum here and letting our security folks have a look.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bandwidth-meter-pro.937718/
Relevancy 33.11%

I Issue Bandwidth really have no idea where to put this topic so am trying here A few days ago I got a new computer Almost immediately I saw a Bandwidth Issue spike in my bandwidth usage I have a gb limit with my ISP and use Sha Plus bandwidth meter to monitor my usage With my old computer my usage was pretty much the same every Bandwidth Issue month and didn t have this problem until a few days ago After updating Windows and downloading Serious Sam Half Life and from Steam my total usage for the last few days is gigs I have also downloaded a few small programs but nothing that would come close to gigs I don t have a router and have done a deep scan with my antivirus program Bit Defender and a deep scan with Malwarebytes and everything comes up clean If this keeps up I will be at my gb limit in no time I have no idea what to do next and would appreciate any advice Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU Bandwidth Issue GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASRock P Pro SE Antivirus BitDefender Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Hello geeks and gurus allover this bandwidth Assigning planet and beyond This is not a problem per Assigning bandwidth se it is only something I would like to do if it is possible I get TV from my home country here where I live over the net I subscribe a Finnish IPTV service receiving signal with a Motorola VIP - T IPTV box The box had no HD if I want to save tv programs I use a web-PVR where I can choose any show from any channel I'm subscribing from the last two weeks Service provider saves all channels for me for days Using this web-PVR I can also stream the shows to my computer which is practical to somebody like me who has to travel quite a lot I have a Mbps VDSL line router is Belkin N Vision It is normally really fast working fine and enough for me The problem is when I use web-PVR to download a show to my HD it uses all bandwith it can get This means a stuttering TV-signal and slow surfing as long as the download takes Web-PVR has a nice and easy interface where I can choose bandwith image after the text I think it is only for streaming having no effect to download speed So here comes the question how can I assign a certain minimum bandwith for IPTV box and set a certain max bandwith for web-PVR The goal is to give IPTV a minimum Mbps web-PVR maximum Mbps and leave the rest free so surf speed is not affected even when wathing IPTV and downloading shows Any help appreciated Kari Edit I've asked IPTV servicer provider they say there's nothing they can do

A:Assigning bandwidth

Quote: Originally Posted by Kari

So here comes the question: how can I assign a certain minimum bandwith for IPTV box, and set a certain max bandwith for web-PVR. The goal is to give IPTV a minimum 15 Mbps, web-PVR maximum 15 Mbps and leave the rest free so surf speed is not affected even when wathing IPTV and downloading shows.

Edit: I've asked IPTV servicer provider, they say there's nothing they can do.

Kari; After reading your post, I am wondering if a "Download Manager" would do what you want. This is "FreeDownloadManager", although there are many others.

It is designed to reduce the time it takes to complete a download by downloading several parts of the file simultaneously. However, it can be set to download only one stream and allow for other network activity.

Just a thought?

Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/19328-assigning-bandwidth.html
Relevancy 33.11%

hey guys i like to watch youtube videos and stuff and with vista i cant really do that anymore. I could watch them all the time with xp. But vista is too slow on the bandwidth. Can someone help me get my connection more like XP so i can youtube? thnks

A:i have slow bandwidth

Hi dahitman4ya,

Welcome to the forums.

I'd try this tutorial first. Auto Tuning - TCP/IP receive level

Hope it works.
Gary

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/157444-i-have-slow-bandwidth.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I have been battling with a trojan spyware virus for the last days and finally I decided to post my problem using and cpu SVCHOST.exe 100% Bandwidth. in one of the virus removal help forum I found this forum on Google search I am using OS - Windows XP service pack Here is what happened My cousin got hold of some self extracting RAR file boasting of some good utility He double clicked it and it started to execute some EXE files in the command prompt And then the computer crashed after few seconds Then I turned it on and observed that as soon as I connect the broadband cable and starts the internet the svchost exe file uses of CPU usage and starts using all of my bandwidth The worst part is that the internet is too slow to do anything - And after some time the system shuts down Again I started it and observed that there are some unknown files generated in C drive There names are d exe d exe and some random name files like xyyvs exe xxawert exe xxyyt exe etc Then I disconnected the internet and deleted SVCHOST.exe using 100% cpu and Bandwidth. those files and created folders with the same name in C drive Now the common files d exe and d exe are not created but I can not do anything for the random name files that are created Creating folders d exe and d exe solved one problem The computer now SVCHOST.exe using 100% cpu and Bandwidth. do not SVCHOST.exe using 100% cpu and Bandwidth. get shut down But the svchost exe still chokes the bandwidth and uses of CPU I cannot even browse a website Now I downloaded some softwares from my office PC These are - AVG free edition CCCleaner Combofix Dr Cureit Vundo fix SuperAntispyware Trojan Remover PC Washer Malware bytes McafeeRootkitDetective and HJT Initially I was using Panda Antivirus it did not find anything and I uninstalled it and installed AVG Free antivirus Now I did a full AVG scan and did not find anything But whenever my system boots it says a trojan detected Trojan Small AOQ and the file is c windows system drivers mchlnjdrv sys It cannot be moved to vault or healed AVG says the file is missing Now I ran CCCleaner Dr Cureit Vundo fix SuperAntispyware Trojan Remover PC Washer McafeeRootkitDetective They detected a few spywares But the problem persists SVCHOST exe uses bandwidth and CPU usage Due to svchost using all the bandwidth I could not update these sofwares This is the worst part - I felt tired and decided to post my problem in some forum Finally before posting I ran the HJT in normal and safe mode Below are the logs HJT LOG Normal Mode Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exeC Program Files Seagate Basics Basics Status MaxMenuMgrBasics exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exeC Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional SMSystemAnalyzer exeC Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PcSync exeC Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional Search and Recover DiskImageService exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Seagate Basics Service SyncServicesBasics exeC WINDOWS system mnmsrvc exeC PROGRA COMMON Nokia MPAPI MPAPI s exeC PROGRA COMMON PCSuite Services SERVIC EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files Common Files Panda Security PavShld pavprsrv exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeE Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-authd exeC Program Files Common Files VMware VM... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174874/svchostexe-using-100-cpu-and-bandwidth/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi I m new and I hope you can help me with this I noticed that this svchost exe was using all of my internet bandiwidth some days ago So far it happened twice the first it was using of the speed but it started to decrease and then it stopped at least Comod Firewall wasn t showing it then nothing bandwidth all my svchost.exe using I think until yesterday when it was using again of the speed So it doesn t happen constantly But I want to understand svchost.exe using all my bandwidth what it could be I just ran a Malware Byte fast scan and nothing showed up I also ran an HijackThis here s the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core ComUpdatus exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core NvTmru exe C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Users Paolo Local Settings Apps F lux flux exe C Users Paolo AppData Local Sky Italia Sky Go Player PCShowServerPMWrapper exe C Users Paolo AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Users Paolo AppData Local Sky Italia Sky Go Player NDSPCShowServer exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Common Files Comodo GeekBuddyRSP exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Users Paolo Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MIF BA Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Guida per l accesso a Windows Live ID - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MIF BA Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run BCSSync quot C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe quot DelayServices O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run gbrspcontrol quot C Program Files x Common Files Comodo GeekBuddyRSP exe quot -controlservice -slave O - HKCU Run Steam quot C Program Files x Steam steam exe quot -silent O - HKCU Run F lux quot C Users Paolo Local Settings Apps F lux flux exe quot noshow O - HKCU Run PCShowServer quot C Users Paolo AppData Local Sky Italia Sky Go Player PCShowServerPMWrapper exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sideb... Read more

Relevancy 33.11%

Is there any way to restrict the amount of bandwidth my connection allows both down and up? Is there a simple prog to control it?

thanks!!

A:Controlling bandwidth

I don't know of any way to do that when you're browsing... why would you want to? Having said that, someone here is sure to know how to do it.

You can restrict the incoming bandwidth when you're downloading files with a download manager like FlashGet.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/controlling-bandwidth-58565.html
Relevancy 33.11%

My brother recently moved back into the house and whenever he watches videos through a streaming site, my gaming ping goes up to 400-1000 ping from regularly 60-80ping... is there a way to limit his use of bandwidth through anything or my router? I use smcd3gn router.

My brother uses a wireless laptop and i use eternet connection for desktop..

A:Limit Bandwidth

It depends on his OS and the version of it. Windows Pro versions you can change he bandwidth limit in Gpedit.msc the default is 20% which is little. QoS Bandwidth Reserve Limit - Vista Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/limit-bandwidth-639525.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Since about last week or so I have been having an extremely sluggish connection I dismissed this as just bad timing or something that will soon sort itself out However lately when I open firefox its terribly slow any video games I attempt to play completely go mad as in lag or glitches all over the screen and I randomly lose and regain my connections I downloaded Shaplus bandwidth meter yesterday and found that even when idle and nothing running It Bandwidth Virus? shoots up to MB The more direct problem however is that when my pc is on other computers in the network are also affected in the same way This only happens when my pc is on and connected As soon as it s off the connection and speed returns to normal I have run many scans Bandwidth Virus? with many different programs but nothing shows up Could it be some sort of virus or something related I ve been having a hard time fixing Bandwidth Virus? this because I have no idea where to start

A:Bandwidth Virus?

Hello,I'm moving this topic to the Am I Infected forum for you. I have deleted your other duplicate topic to avoid confusion.Let's see what we can find:Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.46) and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.If Malwarebytes Anti-Malware results in any error messages, check the Help file's list of error codes within its program folder first. If you do not find any information, please refer to Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions, Frequently Asked Questions. If the error you are receiving is not in the list, please report it here so the research team can investigate.Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, please refer to the suggestions provided in For those having trouble running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.In your next post, please provide an updated description of your computer issues and the MBAM log.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327590/bandwidth-virus/
Relevancy 33.11%

One of my housemates is abusing our broadband conection a bit at the moment with p2p downloads, so... since we have asked him nicely to slow it down and he has ignored us, I would like to know if it is possible to limit the bandwidth available to computers on our little network. we are using a d link 604 router, which is a bit cheap and cheerful and we have a variety of windows opperating systems, win 98, me and xp all running on the 4 computers.
Any ideas would be much appreciated
thanks

A:Limit Bandwidth

What OS is he running? If i m not mistaken the only MS OS able to manage your bandwidth is XP. Another simple way is to limit his bandwidth using the bandwidth trottle found in the the p2p program he is using. As far i know, only routers for business users allow their users to limit the bandwidth.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limit-bandwidth.5667/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a Site to Site Connection configured on Microsoft TMG Firewall. Can I set up something so I make priority on the bandwidth to go for the site to site as it is a bit slow!?

I read something about using DiffServ but I do not have an external router which supports QOS! Could this be done in any other way?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tmg-bandwidth-prioritization.1052679/
Relevancy 33.11%

I don t have any wireless I rebooted my computer and it started up again after a bit as if it loaded up with windows I fear I may have something I ran malwarebytes in safe mode last night and didn t get anything Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility BCUService exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC Program Files Gigabyte EasySaver ESSVR EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility BCU exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS system Rundll exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Razer Diamondback G razerhid exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader HijackThis using log my - bandwidth all up is Something sl exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Razer Diamondback G razerofa exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet HijackThis log - Something is using up all my bandwidth Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook AIM Toolbar Search Class - f - dc - -bc HijackThis log - Something is using up all my bandwidth - e fefafe - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimtb dllR - URLSearchHook SearchHook Class - BC E HijackThis log - Something is using up all my bandwidth AB-EDA - - F-CE B C F A - C Program Files DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility AddressBarSearch dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO AIM Toolbar Loader - b cda -b - eef-a - a ac dbf - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimtb dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar AIM Toolbar - ecd-cc - -a c- aaccbd - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimtb dllO - HKLM Run BCU quot C Program Files DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility BCU exe quot O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEO - HKLM Run JMB X IDE Setup C WINDOWS RaidTool xInsIDE exeO - HKLM Run X Raid Configurer C WINDOWS system xRaidSetup exe bootO - HKLM Run P Helper Rundll P dll P HelperO - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRunO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run amd dc opt C Program Files AMD Dual-Core Optimizer amd dc opt exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run AdobeCS ServiceManager quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbyloginO - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Sur... Read more

A:HijackThis log - Something is using up all my bandwidth

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimizedPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320700/hijackthis-log-something-is-using-up-all-my-bandwidth/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi all i think i have banwith problems w gf My comp config is Intel Mobo SDRAM WN updated bios etc etc P GZ MEGS sdram pc GF asus deluxe v rev chip a lt lt thats what bios editor says with det drv SOUNDMAX MOBO INTEGATED win xp updatet all no programs just games ie msn ok the prob is that when i get to pay a game that has open areas like Medal of honor it lags with frame rates and sometimes i get chunky fps but wen I have bandwidth I problems w/gf3 think i I think I have bandwidth problems w/gf3 get to a corridor or places where scenes are narrow everything goes well so i was wondering if its got to do with banwith cause i lower the resolution and i get the same prob i disable the eyecandy of course it get faster but i get the same prob on open areas so i just dont know what to do so my question is if the ddr solution or the rambus is going to resolve I think I have bandwidth problems w/gf3 my problem ohh yeah another thing i read that fast writesm enables the chip to comunicate directly not passing trough the ram i did this too but I think I have bandwidth problems w/gf3 no cigar i get the same stuff i enable it in the bios and in the drv i get no lock ups but no performance iether wow that was long sorry for taking you re time thanks nbsp

A:I think I have bandwidth problems w/gf3

Do you have antialiasing enabled in your driver?
What about antistropic filtering?
I had MOH slow down on my twice, once where the volumetric smoke option slowed my computer down. The other time was going through a forest with lots of trees but otherwise a wide open space. If you have x4 AA enabled think about dropping it to x2 and see if that helps?
I don't see how you would have bandwidth problems.

I am running a 1.4 Ghz Athlon at 1.503Ghz with 256DDR and a Asus v8200 Geforce3 Pure. I would try and remove the drivers completely and then reinstall. Here is a good post from the old 3ds forum detailing how to remove the Detonator driver and reinstall it. Also chipset drivers for your motherboard are quite important. Its maybe worth your while having a look for updates from intel, I know you have an up to date bios but there maybe an AGP driver or one that contains AGP related drivers that might help out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-i-have-bandwidth-problems-w-gf3.446/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi everyone i am moving to virgin broadband and i have a monthly limit of 40gb, i was wondering wat the best bandwidth monitor around is, would like to monitor things like general usage and xbox live etc

would be grateful for any help

thanks a mill

A:Looking for a bandwidth monitor?

I am looking for the same thing, wxcept one that can also limit bandwidth usage. We have a playstation 3, xbox 360, and 4 computers and when they are all running the computers cannot get on the internet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/63644-looking-bandwidth-monitor.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I share an internet connection via wireless router with 5 other guys. Its not too bad, but one guy is downloading crap 24hrs a day and when he does everyone else's internet browsing slows to crawl. I'm sick of going into his room and telling him to turn it off, so I'm wandering if there's anyway i can set my router so that his downloading doesn't interfere with everyone else's internet connection, also, is there anyway I can view how much bandwidth each person is using on my computer? Thanks!

Relevancy 33.11%

Well I finally bought a new computer for only the second time My old one was a Netvista with ghz p gb ram and a mx xagp card The new one I just bought is an Athlon dual core with memory bandwidth an nvidia m-m motherboard no graphics card yet and gb of ram pc - ddr What gets me is on almost every benchmark using sisoft Sandra it gets about x but memory bandwidth is low on the dual core gb s vs gb s with the old p netvista Memory latency seems a little high on the new pc about ns The old p it was around ns Do I need to do something with the ram in the new pc add a second stick I thought it was dual channel but it has gb on one stick and the other slot is empty Or maybe faster Ram Or just dont worry about memory bandwidth Graphics card Im just trying to figure things out so any help is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Any knowledge of a good bandwith monitor that creates charts & logs. Not only does it monitor inside bandwidth and the IP address of the user that is using the bandwidth, but it also monitors the outgoing bandwidth of a data connection (ie T-1). Note: I would prefer to have a actual program that does this rather than a website.

Any Ideas? Thanks

A:Bandwidth Monitoring

I moved this to networking for a better fit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bandwidth-monitoring.456548/
Relevancy 33.11%

hi everyone im new, im completely stumped as where to go next apart from re install windows. my really fast bandwidth has been so so so so slow the last week and my provider said the connection is still really fast , so i did the command promt net stat and the list was huge of all the pesky things stealing my connection. i have put malwarebytes, avast, lavasoft on and removed what they picked up but the internet is still really really slow., i cant even load a page half the time. can anyone please please help me or does it look like i need to re install windows? thanks, vic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bandwidth-bandits.935725/
Relevancy 33.11%

For some weeks my offices incoming internet access has maxed out This has only been going on during Monday to Wednesday making it impossible to use the internet or to access the LAN over the VPN I have put an IP range block for subnets on the Cisco ASA firewall however alot of the Internet pages will maxing out Bandwidth not Bandwidth maxing out load properly missing images tables etc for example microsoft com or they do not load at all If I release the IP range block we lose our access again I know something internally is trying to access a website - or trying to send information back to this IP range however I cannot find which system it is I have checked network use on local systems shut each pc down within minutes to see if the line frees up checked everything bar the coffee machine for viruses using different av packages Does anyone know of any software which I can install which will monitor the PC s Network Internet access Please dont suggest Ethereal or such like as my colleague tried this against my wishes and now has years of information to read through Thanks nbsp

A:Bandwidth maxing out

try logging all new connections in the Cisco router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bandwidth-maxing-out.102010/
Relevancy 33.11%

hi ive just moved house and got a new router the first few days the speed was faster then normal but now its slowed down dramaticly bandwidth i hijacked think being my is i have more then one computer on my network and the others are not effected they still get high speed this is my HJT i think my bandwidth is being hijacked log could someone take a look at it for me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS SysWOW ctfmon exe C Program Files x Virgin Broadband Wireless Wireless Manager exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS SysWow mdm exe C Program Files x Virgin Broadband Wireless ndis events exe C Program Files x Virgin Broadband Wireless AffinegyService exe D PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Spyware Terminator sp rsser exe C Program Files x MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files x i think my bandwidth is being hijacked Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA Crawler CToolbar exe D Program files AVG AVG avgui exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop hijackthis sfx exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www crawler com search dispatcher aspx tp aus amp qkw s amp tbid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www daemon-search com startpage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http www crawler com search ie aspx tb id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main CustomizeSearch http dnl crawler com support sa customize aspx TbId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www crawler com search ie aspx tb id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http dnl crawler com support sa customize aspx TbId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook no name - CB BF -BBAE- A - F - FF D - C PROGRA Crawler ctbr dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - CB BF -BBAE- A - F - FF D - C PROGRA Crawler ctbr dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - D Program files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files x MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - D PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files x MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files x MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - D PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL O - Toolbar amp Crawler Toolbar - B EA- - DC -A FC- F D - C PROGRA Crawler ctbr dll O - HKLM Run Wireless Manager quot C Program Files x Virgin Broadband Wireless Wireless Manager exe quot startup O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files x MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - Extra context menu item Crawler Search - tbr iemenu O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Resear... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-my-bandwidth-is-being-hijacked.759988/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi,

I need to monitor my bandwidth usage (Download & Upload) of my company. My infrastructure of the company is that all the users pass to the internet from a server which has TMG Firewall installed.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bandwidth-monitoring.1047976/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello,

as I would like to get Internet with the 3G USB sticks, I was wondering how many GB I am using and how much I will need (as there are several offers in relation to the amount of data transfered each month)
I saw older threads and tried the Comcast Bandwidth Meter but I would like something more precise and I thought it could be interesting to measure a whole month long how much I am using
Is there any easy way to do this?
I would also be interested in a multiplatform solution, if there is one

A:bandwidth meter

i use bitmeter - its only measures usage on the PC not the whole network
http://codebox.org.uk/pages/bitmeterOs

There is also a rough calculator here to give you a guide
http://www.broadband.org/usage_calculator.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bandwidth-meter.942265/
Relevancy 33.11%

not sure if this is the right section to post it in or not but I've noticed (rather my cousin noticed) that my laptop is a MAJOR bandwidth hog. Everytime I plug into his network it drains 90% of his bandwidth usage. Any other PC that's connected has a major signal drop and his XBox Live is virtually inusable. I have an Acer Aspire running Windows 7 64-bit. 1.5GHz RAM (yes, I know the min specs for 64 bit is 2GHz but it works... idk how but it does). Suggestions on how to fix this or is it possible to fix this?

A:Bandwidth problem

RAM is measured in bytes. Not Megahertz. CPU's are measured in MHZ.

Going to assume you are connecting over network cable and not wireless.

I would install NetLimiter 2 Monitor. This will monitor what applications are using bandwidth on your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bandwidth-problem.955451/
Relevancy 33.11%

In http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-67451 it is stated that lenovo Z61t supports only PC2-4200 CL4 Non-Parity DDR2 SDRAM. Has anyone installed a higher bandwidth memory module, i.e.. PC2-6400, CL5 etc? 

A:Memory bandwidth

667 mhz is the maxmium speed it will support.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Memory-bandwidth/td-p/156493
Relevancy 33.11%

I have high speed and am using wireless (netgear) on two desktops upstairs and one desktop downstairs and everything was fine, all computers worked excellent. Now the boy has Playstation 3 downstairs connected with the wireless and he plays (online) and when he does this all the other computers suffer with either no connection or very poor connection speeds. Is there a way to remedy this to where all computers and the playstation use the same amount of bandwidth or how would i fix this problem ?

A:Playstation 3 Using All Bandwidth

You need to configure the QoS on the router to attempt to correct the situation. If that fails, I'd consider a different router that has bandwidth management.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/playstation-3-using-all-bandwidth.837191/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi Guys Recently I noticed that when I plug in my G I found that there is alot of activity on that connection even though I am not physically doing anything My attempts to resolve were as Bandwidth My Something Stealing follows I started out by disabling all update i e Windows Something Stealing My Bandwidth Update as well as rd party software I found that this was still an occurance I Something Stealing My Bandwidth then noticed that when i connect to my work network by plugging in the network cable this problem does not occur and there is no activity on the connection when it is idle which Something Stealing My Bandwidth is the way it supposed to me I then located software to pinpoint exactly where the my G connection is accessing I pinpointed to an IP address The software I used is netlimiter I then restricted access to that IP using netlimiter but then something strange happened The same IP with the last octet changed started using the connection and this continued to happen everytime I restrict access I then was curious to know exactly what is the IP address that is being accessed so I resolved the IP to a host name and it seems to be a microsoft website What was strange was the fact that this did not occur on my work network so I tried to ping that IP when on my work network and wouldn t you know it that IP range is blocked I then found all corresponding hostnames to that IP address which can be found below I cant seem to stop this from happening for some reason I even tried adding the hostname to the hosts file so it would be blocked but that didn t work I guess theres something in XP like some updates that s causing this problem Can someone please help me trace exactly where about this is occurring on my PC and how do I turn it off cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net fcds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net fcds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net fcds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net fcds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net fcds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net fcds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net cds ams msecn net Thanks Reg... Read more

Relevancy 33.11%

I am trying to use a new FimScanner. I installed the software and plugged the hardware into a USB port. I get the error that my bandwidth is exceeded. I have two USB ports and my printer was plugged up to one. I unplugged it and restarted my computer but still get the same error. I am using WinXP home SP3, Intel Pentium 111 processor 996 MHz, 256 MB ram. Under hardware devices, I show an Intel 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller-2442 and a USB Root Hub. Does anyone have an idea of what to do?
Thank you

A:USB Bandwidth exceeded!

Is that a filmscanner you are using or negative/film scanner either way it will probably be a software issue get in touch with the manufacturer as you will have to get an up date for the drivers before you can run it,I had a similar problem with the neg scanner I got mine is a EU3C Filmscan 35.1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-bandwidth-exceeded.888333/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi Something has been eating up my bandwidth lately I've noticed every time it does this Something has up bandwidth eating been my hard drive starts spinning I used the cmd ping command and it often shoots up to around k ms I Something has been eating up bandwidth don't think Something has been eating up bandwidth anyone in this household has been taking up too much bandwidth for my internet to be this slow No one else has been complaining about Something has been eating up bandwidth the slow speeds either it seems to be just my computer I've opened up resource monitor to check what has been eating up my bandwidth and it shows that programs that usually doesn't eat up a lot of bandwidth as the top network activity I'm not too sure if I've been infected with anything so I hope someone here could help Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Nakahira at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated E - ED- F -A - BCB F SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DF E - D - BB- B - D E BFDE Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA DTSAudioService exe C Program Files x IndieVolume IndieVolume SVC exe C Windows system IProsetMonitor exe C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite BtvStack exe C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AthBtTray exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core NvTmru exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Users Nakahira AppData Local FluxSoftware Flux flux exe C Windows System StikyNot exe C Users Nakahira AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Program Files x Realtek n USB Wireless LAN Utility RtlService exe C Program Files x Realtek n USB Wireless LAN Utility RtWlan exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Integrated Clock Controller Service ICCProxy exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit Update Service v IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C... Read more

A:Something has been eating up bandwidth

Hello Nakahira,my name is Jo and I will help you with your computer problems.Please follow these guidelines:Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient.Read and follow the instructions in the sequence they are posted.print or copy & save instructions.back up all your private data / important files on another (external) drive before using our tools.Do not install / uninstall any applications, unless otherwise instructed.Use only that tools you have been instructed to use.Copy and Paste the log files inside your post, unless otherwise instructed.Ask for clarification, if you have any questions. Stay with this topic til you get the all clean post.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.***1. Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.Vista / Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.***2. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.Right-click FRST / FSRT64 then click "Run as administrator" (XP users: click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.Press the Scan button.When finished, it will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.Note 2: The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory the tool was run from). Please also paste that, along with the FRST.txt into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526197/something-has-been-eating-up-bandwidth/
Relevancy 33.11%

i need some help here i got machines two of the are on wireless we use a bellking wireless router there is no server in the setup all machine are up to date and use win Xp home here is the deal when a user in one room say room start to work sending photos to HQ he she seems to hog the network to a point where rooms b and c has very little bandwidth i was told that a bandwidth limiter would solve the problem but each time i install them to my machine it only shows the limiter bandwidth bandwidth of my machine and not then bandwith of the whole network i want to have the control to decided who gets what when i hope you understand is there a program FREE or fairly cheap that i can download test or buy that can reduce bandwidth for a particular user in this peer to peer setup thanks Braod Man nbsp

A:bandwidth limiter

You really need to limit the bandwidth at the router for this to be effective. A router with QoS capability will solve this issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bandwidth-limiter.554385/
Relevancy 33.11%

I ran the registry file to disable the 20% bandwidth limiters reserve and did a reboot. When I ran a speedtest from speedtest.net it was only 291kbps download and less on the upload. What did I do wrong?

Relevancy 33.11%

http://fyad.org/gc47

Speedtest.net takes the concept a step further.

The site allows you to select servers to ping from around the country on an interactive map and graphically displays connections as they travel with varying speeds along the way.

Relevancy 33.11%

hey,

im on a belkin 4 port router i have a 4meg b-band connection with 4 computers running up to the router and was wondering is there a way to give a 1 meg connection each to the 4 computers cus when im playing an online game & my dads downloading then i cant play they game and start lagging like heck for

help for a windows XP pro (SP2) machine

thanks in advance

A:Bandwidth Usage

only special routers can fo this or managed switchs
I'm sure you read the manual on your router ,right??
if not available got to there website and find FAQ sheets
my router allows to stop access and and be setup on hrly or daily,weekly basis
my switch allows to cap bandwidth
if you have access to the machines'you can try putand hide the software (do google search) on there machines.
I know of people saying they have shares like this and when using P2P on 1 the other is slow ,I have not had this issue on testing stations
but when the router is getting hammered like this with 1 isp address you can get this problem
another thought if using static
the dns ip numbers try flipping them might just help
do you know where the setting is for your nic

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bandwidth-usage.48796/
Relevancy 33.11%

hello! im trying to limit bandwidth on several computers ona home network, the network is pretty simple: 3 computers hooked onto a switch hooked to the dsl router.

we got 1mbps and im trying to even out 300kbps for each computer.

You see guys, net TV and webcams are the fad right now in my family, and that leaves no kbps for the humble html surfer (a.k.a me =( )

ive tried several programs, but most of them are for big companies or require traffic being routed trough a server computer, ideally i'm just looking for a program that allows me to install a program on each computer (or tweak registry perhaps)

my dsl router (2 wire home portal) DOESNT have any bandwidth managment tool.

Any help will be apreciated...oh and merry past cristmas!

A:Bandwidth management

Routers like this Linksys RS042 provide QoS capability. This is probably the only effective way to do this, limiting it at each workstation doesn't take the traffic at the other workstations into acount.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bandwidth-management.529487/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey guys, I have a USB bandwidth issue for my webcam. Im pretty good with computers, but its not working. One thing I noticed is that I start my webcam on skype or MSN (or the tester) and then I get an error, but the camera is still working. It just started happening! I have tried 3 USB ports (frot, and back) but still the same issue occurs. Please help! I just ran malwarebytes and Norton to see if it was a virus, and everything is running alright. My CPU and RAM speeds stay below %25 (unless running Crysis). I have Vista Ultimate (latest updates)

A:USB Bandwidth exceeded

Go to device manager and uninstall and reinstall the driver. Also to BC

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312852/usb-bandwidth-exceeded/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello everyone I m new to this forum and have been browsing your archives for older posts that may help me but have found none In a nutshell I m looking to prioritize my laptop s bandwidth usage on my router I ve read all kinds of things about logging into the router and changing the QoS settings but here Priority Bandwidth s the kicker I have no QoS option I m using a s Hitron Technologies router Bandwidth Priority though I don t know what kind of model it is I share my Internet connection with up to other people in my residence and have a cheap landlord who won t up our Internet package Being all students I m positive that more than one person has torrents going all day At this point I m wondering if I should be trying to use port forwarding to prioritize my laptop or if I should try to buff the priorities of the applications I wish to use Is it possible to slow down torrents without completely denying them Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Bandwidth Priority

As far as I know you will need QoS on the router to assign bandwidth . - other members may have an alternative solution

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bandwidth-priority.1086817/
Relevancy 33.11%

My brother has a fetish for youtube and shite like that. This is making online gaming near impossible. I could smack him but i doubt that would make him stop.

As i am dumped with the bill at the end of each month i want to limit the bandwidth he can use to 1Mbps.

Does anyone know anything about implementing this kind of software? If so is it difficult? And do you know of any freeware to do the trick?

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi,

I'm on a wifi lan network and was wondering if there was some type of program available I could use that could improve my bandwidth by grabbing some bandwidth from the other users.

Thanks

Relevancy 33.11%

I'm living in a household with two computers, and I'd like to set up an arrangement so that download and upload bandwidth is equally distributed between the two computers. Is there a good program that does this? I would Google it, but it's quite an obscure thing to find, and I don't want to end up installing any funny programs.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 33.11%

I am having slow connection speed Now I understand that there are a number of factors that play into slow bandwidth The number of devices connected and sharing the router output programs on each that require access etc However in recent weeks I have noticed a significant decrease in speed when attempting to view videos on YouTube or downloading files from my medical school Cause for Low Unspecified Bandwidth online server etc I cannot pinpoint any Unspecified Cause for Low Bandwidth specific change or event Unspecified Cause for Low Bandwidth that might have caused this I have performed all suggested and pertinent steps in the Preparation Guide I have not noticed any improvement Please find my logs below I greatly appreciate any support y all might be able to offer ------------------------------------ DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by bbjornsen at on - - Microsoft Windows Enterprise GMT - AV Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Disabled Updated FF - D -CE B- ECB-E A A AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Disabled Updated - EE-C E - B-DC BDD BAB Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system Hpservice exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXEC Program Files Cisco Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client vpnagent exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXEC Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCtrl exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exeC Program Files Common Files Intel Privacy Icon PrivacyIconClient exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC SbClientManager exeC Program Files SafeBoot Tray Manager SbTrayManager exeC Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Windows system AEADISRV EXEC Program Files LSI SoftModem agrsmsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exeC Program Files Intel AMT LMS exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons VolCtrl exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exeC Program Files McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC SbTokWatch exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC Program Files TightVNC tvnserver exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows snuvcdsm exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exeC Windows system rpcnet exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Windows system Pen Tablet exeC Program Files TightVNC tvnserver exeC Program Files Common Files Intel Privacy Icon UNS UNS exeC Program Files WebDrive wdService exeC Progra... Read more

A:Unspecified Cause for Low Bandwidth

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please DownloadTDSSKiller.zip>>> Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application.Click on the Start Scan button and wait for the scan and disinfection process to be over.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue
If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue
If you are asked to reboot the computer to complete the process, click on the Reboot Now button. A report will be automatically saved at the root of the System drive ((usually C:\) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt" (for example, C:\TDSSKiller.2.2.0_20.12.2009_15.31.43_log.txt). Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If no reboot is required, click on Report. A log file will appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.===Download http://public.avast.com/~gmerek/aswMBR.exe (aswMBR.exe) ( 511KB ) to your desktop. Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it Click the "Scan" button to start scan. Upon completion of the scan, click Save log, and save it to your desktop. (Note - do not select any Fix at this time) <- IMPORTANTPlease post the contents of that log in your next reply.There shall also be a file on your desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) folder. Please attach that zipped file in your next reply.===Please post the logs and let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/420293/unspecified-cause-for-low-bandwidth/
Relevancy 33.11%

Having recently received a nippy letter from my ISP warning me about a ridiculously high usage of bandwidth ( 40Gb per month, although there is no way I could have used anything near this) I have downloaded a meter which gives me an ongoing and real time record of bandwidth usage. I have noticed when using my PC that the meter indicates a fairly high download and upload usage, even when there is relatively little activity. On the other hand, when using my laptop, the meter indicates much less usage. Any explanation for this? I must explain that the very high usage was possibly/probably due to someone tapping into my unsecured wireless router..........it is now secure.

A:Bandwidth Usage

Same OS and same browsers on both your laptop and your other computer?
Is the difference primarily in up usage?
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105173/bandwidth-usage/
Relevancy 33.11%

i am needing a really good and precise bandwidth monitor so i can see how much i am downloading a month. Can anybody out there tell me what is by far possibly the best bandwidth monitor program out.
Thanks
Kyle

A:bandwidth monitor

I use du meter, I like it, but it's not freeware
30 day trial though
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=253

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bandwidth-monitor.167236/
Relevancy 33.11%

Is there anyway to limit the bandwidth for the users of the network? This is to prevent people from using up the bandwidth. I have a Linksys WRT54G version 7 router

Relevancy 33.11%

My PC has been operating great for months. I have just been away for about a month and when I switched on I have now found that if I wish to turn on my Web Cam, a warning box says I have a shortage of USB Bandwidth.
It tells me to sort this by unplugging devices etc.
What I don't understand is that I have added nothing extra nor changed settings etc since it was all working OK and I don't really want to unplug anything.
Anyone know what the answer is to this. Thanks

A:Short of USB Bandwidth

I suspect for some reason, the system thinks the USB ports are USB 1.1, not USB 2.0. Open Device Manager, and expand the USB controllers section. Cut that section out and post it here as an attachment to a message, see the following example. Note that mine has a "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller" If you don't find a similar entry with the word "Enhanced" in the title, you are running at USB 1.1 speeds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/short-of-usb-bandwidth.484078/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi all,
there are 3 pc's connected to the internet through 1 switch at my home
one is mine,1 of my uncle and they other one my baby brother.
i'm usually one the net working on a project for school and they are always downloading big files my connection is only 128kb/s.
can you tell me how i can decrease a litte of there bandwith so that i can browes the net faster. they are using p2p network for downloading. :bounce:

A:Lowering bandwidth

get a specialized router and set there ip to a given download speed
or make your machine the server/router to set there speeds
Bandwidth Management Gateway

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lowering-bandwidth.42244/
Relevancy 33.11%

Im trying to stream my TV through slingbox.com. My older sony viao can stream with no problems in full HD and the site indicates that the bandwidth quality is excellent. However, i have 2 brand new HP's that can hardly stream even on poor picture quality and the bandwidth quality states that it is poor. i have no idea why one computer can stream flawlessly and 2 others can not at all. all 3 are hardwired in have >i5 8GB RAM and brand new hard drives. Any help??

A:Poor Bandwidth

Could be a router problem, could be a cable problem, could even be computer problem !

You say the Vaio works very well - so unplug the cable from the back of it and plug it into one of your HPs and see what happens. If it starts to work as you would expect, then the problem is with either your cables or the ethernet sockets on the router. If of course, it doesn't work any better on the cable normally connected to the Vaio then the problem is internal to the HPs. Then the first place I would look is at the installed ethernet drivers and see if there are any updates for them.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515169/poor-bandwidth/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey,

Basically I share a 10 meg (blueyonder) cable line with my sister and you would think that was more than enough badwidth but when she is browsing and on msn it really makes my online play erratic.

So I was wondering if I could split the connection and limit her to say 1 meg ? I currently have a netgear rp614 router v2 in network.

Is this possible and how would I go about doing it?

Many thanks in advance Andy

A:limiting the bandwidth

you might and a switch between the router and the two systems.
a switch will make better use of the network and greatly reduce the traffic.

For the home user, bandwidth throttling is expensive, professional level feature
in up-scale hardware

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limiting-the-bandwidth.42147/