Windows Support Forum

DISC SPACE RUNNING OUT What are RO????.bac files?

Q: DISC SPACE RUNNING OUT What are RO????.bac files?

Please help.
I am running out of disc space in a big way!
I have found, in the C:\Windows\system32 folder
a whole bunch of files named "RO????.bac".
Any idea what they are and can I delete?
Some are very old, yet have been "accessed" as recently as a month ago.

Somewhere I read they might be related to a program that I have called Advanced System Optimizer.

I don't know. I've got to find some space!

While I'm here....what about all these ".cab" files?

THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DISC SPACE RUNNING OUT What are RO????.bac files?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 74.82%

I keep getting the message "Low disc Space" You are running out of disc space on local disc C. I have checked my "Add/remove, but do not want to remove any of the programs. My computer is running very slow. I don't really have a lot of programs installed and can't figure out why I am getting this message. I was running a ghost program and am wondering if this could be a problem. I also find that when I run my Norton anti-virus, I seem to have many more files than expected. Is their any way that I can resolve this problem or find out what is typing up a lot of space without looking at the add/remove programs. I am almost intermediate, but am a bit of a dumbhead when it comes to this, so please be gentle. thanks for your help. Running windows XP

Relevancy 74.39%

I received a warning message on my Sony Vaio laptop deleting keeps fluctuating disc recover when files, I space can't space to clear up space because I'm running out of it I looked on my C drive and was down to GB of hard drive space I can't recover disc space when deleting files, space keeps fluctuating out of GB I know I'm at least supposed to have - GB's left So then I proceeded to delete a few gb files even cleared them out of the recycle bin and went to check if I had more space and nothing changed So I decided to update Malwarebytes when I notice that my drive space is still decreasing to GB's now Next I decide to reboot in safe mode with networking I update Malwarebytes again and it picks up nothing after a full scan So then I decide to update and run SuperAntiSpyware Portable It actually picks up two registry entries from BHO-FBI Money Pak and some tracking cookies I quarantine those files and boot back in regular mode and I notice the drive is still losing space I figure their has to be something wrong because when I'm in safe mode with networking their is about GB of space left on the drive I'm confused as to what to do next This is very weird

A:I can't recover disc space when deleting files, space keeps fluctuating

Have you checked to see how many restore points you have? I'll leave the possible malware aspect of your issue to others here more qualified.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499026/i-cant-recover-disc-space-when-deleting-files-space-keeps-fluctuating/
Relevancy 71.38%

Keep getting advisories on my G-Drive re. HP Recovery:  "You're running out of disc space".  Was fixed (?) via telephone  Tech SupportHelp (x2!) but keeps coming back to the same figures of fulness.  What can I do to fix this permanently, please.

A:"...running out of Disc Space" - how to fix?

The HP Recovery Manager creating backup and save to HP Recovery partition. HP PCs - Error: Low Disk Space. You are running out of disk space on Recovery (Windows 8)http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03737312HP Notebook PCs - Error: Low Disk Space. You are running out of disk space on HP_Tools (Windows 7)http://support.hp.com/it-it/document/c03732268

I am an HP employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/quot-running-out-of-Disc-Space-quot-how-to-fix/td-p/5606467
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a Dell Inspiron 3647, that came from the factory with Windows 7 installed. When windows 10 came out and was free, I upgraded to Windows 10. After numerous compatibility problems with my older programs, I decided to downgrade back to Windows 7. It was over 30 days, so could not go back automatically to Windows 7. I had the Windows 7 installation disc and drivers, so I did a clean install and re-installed Windows 7. After the installation of Windows 7, I got a message that said:
"You are running out of disc space on RECOVERY D."
Two things I would like to know. What is the partition "RECOVERY D" used for? And, how can I get rid of the message "You are running out of disc space on RECOVERY D?"
Any suggestions appreciated.
dino80

A:Running out of disc space on RECOVERY D

You have upgraded to Windows 10 then manually installed Windows 7. The recovery partition now will no longer work. The partition shows up in Windows explorer after a manual install but on a proper factory install its hidden.
Perform a proper clean install by using Diskpart clean all before loading Windows 7.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19681514
Relevancy 70.52%

I have just recently purchased a new computer It has a gb hard drive DDR SDRAM memory with a processor that runs at Ghz My internet connection is a cable connection The problems that I am having is that is is running extremly slow and I am running out of disc space I have no idea how I could be using up gb of my hard drive The speed of the new computer is comparable to that of the old one which has a processor and SDRAM I am including my hi-jack log below and any help would be greatly appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe slow out of Disc Running and Space c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Running slow and out of Disc Space Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system ps exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c progra intern iexplore exe C Program Files BitTornado btdownloadgui exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME HP Owner LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo ca O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKLM Run settings corn bend site C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Software Cast Settings Corn Start Plus exe O - HKLM Run New net Startup rundll C PROGRA NEWDOT NEWDOT DLL NewDotNetStartup -s O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run NAV CfgWiz quot c Program Files Norton AntiVirus CfgWiz exe quot GUID D A - A - ec -A C-DF A MODE CfgWiz CMDLINE quot REBOOT quot O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run IS CfgWiz c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared cfgwiz exe GUID NIS CMDLINE quot REBOOT quot O - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files HP AAC FC - F - - DD -EBC C D hphupd exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run AlcxMonitor ALCXMNTR EXE O - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run DeafInfo C DO... Read more

Relevancy 70.52%

I keep getting a notice that I am running out of disc space on Recovery D. I had tried to back up with a 32gb flash drive a week ago, but the computer said it was full, so I took it out. Now I keep getting that message. I am on Windows 8.1 and Chrome. Please help me!

A:running out of disc space on Recovery D

Hi Colleen, welcome to the TSG Forums...

Could you please download and run the TSG SysInfo utility which you will find at the link below. You then C&P the result into your next post.

http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/running-out-of-disc-space-on-recovery-d.1144678/
Relevancy 67.51%

I recently had a crash and lost most everything on my drive. I reinstalled and have run some recovery programs and recovered the files that were still intact. One of my disk drives I had to reformat and I have put maybe a Gig of files back on it. Windows explorer is showing that it has 15.7 GB used on the disk but I cannot see the files except for those I have added since the crash. Can I recover the files or the space? At this time just getting the space back would be great.

Relevancy 67.51%

I started to get low disc space notifications about three weeks ago I download a lot of podcasts so I assumed they were the culprit I ve since moved my podcasts to an external HD I have an Acer Extensa laptop with GB HD From the factory there were two partitions C and D are and Space is files what all Disc these numbered Low I m assuming the D is being used for backup When I check to see disc space available C has only GB of GB free and D has GB of GB free I attempted to look for large files but there are none since Podcasts have been moved to external Some photos on C but not to the tune of GB No really huge programs other than MS Office When I look at Disc Space is Low and what are all these numbered files files they appear with odd numeric names but don t appear to have content in them File names are like this------- af fee ed a or f ffa e ff a Recycle bin is clean and this File phenomenon is repeated on all three drives C D and external Anyone have suggestions as to what these are should be named and where is my disc space Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Windows XP Home I have been looking at image recovery programs to see what can be extracted from the free space after all the cleaning operations have been implemented Having seen the amount of information that can / 10,000 Files! Free Wiping Shredding software cannot wipe Disc Space be recovered I will no longer empty the Recycle Bin without shredding the contents but Shredding / Wiping software cannot wipe 10,000 Free Disc Space Files! it Shredding / Wiping software cannot wipe 10,000 Free Disc Space Files! seems that an enormous amount of information is still being collected which the normal individual is unaware of eImage Recovery Demo has found images and files in my deleted free space area of the hard disc Some are damaged due to overwriting but a vast majority have a clear preview picture of what can be recovered Because I do not recognise many of these pictures it seems that Windows is placing jpg bmp png etc images in this free space without my knowledge Perhaps some are gifs of bars and buttons from web surfing I have tried using some of the more user friendly and good reviews internet clearing tools available CCleaner Drive Discovery Active Privacy Guardian Washer Index dat Suite CleanCache PurgeIE IndexDat-Zap Version The images images that eImage Recovery displays seemingly cannot be removed by any of the normal space clearing methods available see below I have downloaded on trial practically every recovery program known to man and it is quite alarming to note that most only display a short list of deleted files in my free space area There are only programs that I can find which show an extended list of deleted files with preview pictures and these are eImage Recovery as mentioned above DiskInternals Uneraser and also VirtualLab Client which is a bit more complex To give you an idea how much effort I have put into this I have looked at all these programs in the hope of finding a tool that will wipe completely all the free space files beyond recovery and then check the free space after to see that no files are recoverable Active Privacy Guardian Washer NShred Super File Recover Virtual Lab Easis Data Lifesaver NetSpring Data Recover Back Life DiskDoctor DIY Data Recover Undelete Plus Wundelete Recover All Raise Data Recovery for NTFS Recover data for NTFS Arax Disk Doctor Object Rescue Pro Reviver Stellar Phoenix data recovery Data Recovery Pandora File Recovery Recovery Files Final recovery Directory Snoop Undelete Plus File Scavenger Clean Disc Security Tune Up Utilities Restoration Blanccco File Shredder BCWipe Ace Utilities Data Disk Recovery Easy Soft Undelete PC Mesh Win Hex Editor Recover Lost Data Eraser I have also wiped the free space several times using different programs yet still these files remain I have used Restoration to wipe the free space with pass Blancco File Shredder using passes Drive Discovery using passes File Shredder using passes Finally File Shredder again using the pass Guttmann Algorithm I have also wiped the slacks the file table entries and the system swap file Goodness knows what this is doing to my hard drive When I have shred every last evidence of computer internet activity shred the Recycle Bin Guttmann shredded the Free Space and removed all cookies and entries how is it possible for a basic recovery program like eImage Recovery to find so many records on my hard disc I have not tried to recover any files because this is not possible with the demo program It is not relevant anyway as the image content of the files which have not been overwritten are clearly visible and not marked as damaged I think there must be other records kept by Microsoft somewhere that are not touched by these wiping facilities I have also read somewhere that Office Word records activity which cannot be detected in the normal way Another thought I had was that the Clipboard might be applying records to the free space I have attached a few screen shots to give you an idea of the files being deposited in th... Read more

A:Shredding / Wiping software cannot wipe 10,000 Free Disc Space Files!

Give this one a go, select the DoD 7 passes, and then try and find something
http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/download.shtml

It should take hours and hours. However, the only real safe solution is to do a format - and then "erase" the whole drive.

BTW, this is free and in my opinion, the best! Why so eager to get rid of your traces tho?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shredding-wiping-software-cannot-wipe-10-000-free-disc-space-files.647768/
Relevancy 61.49%

I've recently been getting messages me of out files Windows running Space saying my hard drive space is very low and I need to clean up and or delete files programs to free up space My C drive holds GB of space and I shouldn't be anywhere near running out with as little as Windows files running me out of Space I use it for Upon checking what was consuming all my space I found that I have over K Windows installer patch files in my Windows Installer Files folder accounting for over GB of used space A closer examination of the files showed that the problem seemed to be with multiple groups of files over the past few years Each group would hold hundreds of files from Microsoft Office patch - One group of files for example would all be KB in size Windows files running me out of Space and all on In another group all the files would be KB in size and all on Etc Etc Operating System - Microsoft XP with SP How do I best solve this problem Thanks

A:Windows files running me out of Space

A lot of these files may be left over Temp files. Download CCleaner, Analyze the drive and Run Cleaner. This will safely remove any temp files, and installer files.
You can also run SpaceSniffer to see what is really using up your space as this is not it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-files-running-me-out-of-space-655155.html
Relevancy 61.06%

disc cleanup not good enough!!!!
help!!!
marc.

Relevancy 61.06%

{360CE349-E4DF-4014-82D2-8097CEA3C035} = 18.4 GB
(C/Users/User-Name/AppData/Local/Temp/{360CE349-E4DF-4014-82D2-8097CEA3C035}

As I am running out of disk space on the (C drive, I would like to know if it is possible
to empty this file. It has 18.4GB's. Have run the disk clean up tool but this did'nt help.

A:Running out of disk space on (C:). Can I Delete these Files?

Are you using imaging software like Macrium Reflect?
It could be a temp file used when it backed up your system.

If not do you have the page file encrypted?

How old is the file?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/348102-running-out-disk-space-c-can-i-delete-these-files.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi folks - hope someone can help I m complete defragmenter: here to space fishy disc something's disc not enough running XP Home on a Sony VAIO The PC has a partitioned HD C main amp D storage I defrag every night This evening I got the dreaded quot not enough disc space to complete disc defragmenter quot message Suddenly not enough disc space to complete disc defragmenter: something's fishy here tonight I m showing not enough disc space to complete disc defragmenter: something's fishy here only free space on drive C I went in and changed my System Restore percentage from to Now I m showing free space but still can t defrag I shouldn t have had to change my System Restore percentage tho I m not enough disc space to complete disc defragmenter: something's fishy here sure that s not the culprit Up until last night the C drive was nowhere near this full Something s there tonight that wasn t yesterday A whole LOT of something The Defrag graph is showing a nearly FULL C drive with a LOT of red quot fragmented quot files quot I ve been doing a bit of downloading but after it s on the desktop part of C I move it to the D storage drive which has a LOT of free space remaining Something s fishy I m no expert but I m thinking I need to find some type of application to tell me what s suddenly on that drive taking up all this space Anyone have any helpful suggestions nbsp

A:not enough disc space to complete disc defragmenter: something's fishy here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-enough-disc-space-to-complete-disc-defragmenter-somethings-fishy-here.629843/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I've noticed sometimes that the Free Space on my harddrives won't reflect changes I've made. For example, on my 28.6gb F: drive, I had about 586mb free. I just deleted a video file of about 700 mb, so it should be up to about 1.2 gb. Oddly enough, its still at 586mb. I emptied the recycle bin of course.

Is there a way to recalculate disc space? I have Windows XP and I do have Norton System Works. This isn't the first time disc space hasn't matched recent actions. Thanks in advance.

A:Free Space inaccuracies?? Calculating disc space?

If the video wasn't in My Docs then 'System Restore' in XP may have recorded the change to enable a future restore. To record a 700mb deletion that it may be asked to restore back takes 700mb.
System restore ignores the My Docs folder so the above is irrelevant if the video was deleted from that location.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-space-inaccuracies-calculating-disc-space.449710/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have an HP Envy notebook My notebook has hard drive slots It of info up out how Running hard space. Need much to drive on clear space. needed came with GB HDD's I decided to re vamp my laptop when I got it new I put in a GB SSD as my main drive Desiganted as the C Drive I didnt have money for anything larger and I had my mind set on having a fast SSD Running out of hard drive space. Need info on how to clear up much needed space. instead of a normal HDD I also put in a GB Hard drive as the secondary drive Its my E Drive I also put in GB of Random Access memory It came with GB I then Installed Windows Ultimate to Running out of hard drive space. Need info on how to clear up much needed space. my GB SSD I had about GB left after installing I just wanted a fast boot up And I wanted Windows to run fast and smoothly Awhile later My SSD started having space disappear for no reason I wasn't installing anything new on the drive nor was I saving anything extra to it either The extra GB dwindled down to about MB Now my notebook is always running on low disk space I have tried removing unwanted programs I also tried clearing out cookies history and my cache Even tried removing system restore and shadow copies And also tried the windows disk cleanup utility Does anyone know why my SSD started to have space magically vanish I would like the space back And can anyone give me any other ideas on how to free space on the drive Any tips would be greatly appreciated

A:Running out of hard drive space. Need info on how to clear up much needed space.

Probably windows updates that have been downloaded. 40GB is pretty small for Windows 7. You could running through the disk cleanup utility located in START>PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/running-out-of-hard-drive-space-need-info-on-how-to-clear-up-much-needed-space-641734.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My solid state drive is half full of with and unknown CAB file (see attached WinDirStat report. I'm running out of space. I've disabled imaging and everything else that I can find to disable and have all data on my D drive which is setup with 2 drives 1 TB each for a total storage space of 1 TB. Your assistance is greatly appreciated! The attached screen shot from yesterday has the file size at 66.3 and today it is at 67.5. Looks like computer cancer.

Thanks so much for considering this.

A:running out of hard drive space. 67.5GB unknown CAB file wasted space

Hello and welcome to the forums, jjvvbb!

Your attachment(s) aren't visible to us.

Please reattach your WinDirStat report properly using this following guide:-

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Alternatively, you could also generate a screenshot of your WinDirStat window and upload it for our perusal using this guide:-

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/14...ool-vista.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/239784-running-out-hard-drive-space-67-5gb-unknown-cab-file-wasted-space.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Help pease My computer keeps saying i gb have 1.98 help one i it then minute am of space, left of running space free out i'm running out of space I have deleted everything i can help i am running out of free space, one minute i have 1.98 gb of space left then it think of I got rid of movies videos all downloads and all music Still it says i don't have enough space In fact the red line keeps going up amp down one minute i have gb free then all of a sudden i look again and now i only have gb freee and i haven't changed anything I have followed all your steps i downloaded the malware amp antivirus the antivirus says there's no infected files the malware just had registry files infected below is the log report after the malware scan Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Database version Windows AM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick Scan Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items help i am running out of free space, one minute i have 1.98 gb of space left then it Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected HKEY CLASSES ROOT fis amo Adware SmartShopper - gt No action taken HKEY CLASSES ROOT fis ohb Adware SmartShopper - gt No action taken HKEY CLASSES ROOT fis momo Adware SmartShopper - gt No action taken HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE UpMedia Adware SmartShopper - gt No action taken HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE MediaHoldings Adware PlayMP Z - gt No action taken HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Trymedia Systems Adware Trymedia - gt No action taken HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE RelatedPageInstall Adware Mirar - gt No action taken Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected No malicious items detected this is the virus scan results below avast Report This file is generated automatically Task 'Simple user interface' used Started help i am running out of free space, one minute i have 1.98 gb of space left then it on Wednesday July AM VPS - C Boot BCD E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Boot BCD LOG E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings All Users Microsoft Search Data Applications Windows MSS log E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings All Users Microsoft Search Data Applications Windows MSStmp log E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings All Users Microsoft Search Data Applications Windows tmp edb E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings All Users Microsoft Search Data Applications Windows Windows edb E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings sr cars AppData Local Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings sr cars AppData Local Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat LOG E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings sr cars AppData Local Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat LOG E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings sr cars AppData Local Microsoft Windows Defender FileTracker FC B - B - - CB - DC DED F E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings sr cars AppData Local Temp hsperfdata sr cars E The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process C Documents and Settings sr cars NTUSER DAT E The process cannot access the file because it ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-i-am-running-out-of-free-space-one-minute-i-have-1-98-gb-of-space-left-then-it-273138.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3958 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461838 MB, Free - 401860 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0XXMH9
Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

A:Very low on Disc Space

1. Welcome to Tech Support Guy

Very low on Disc Space Click to expand...

from your spec
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461838 MB, Free - 401860 MB

which disk do you think is low on space and where have you received that report from
All we have to work with is what you tell us, so a little more information from you would be a great help.
3. PC Cleaner Pro is a most unsuitable product to be using
Presuming it is this
http://pccleanerpro.net/

the only guaranteed result eventually - and may well be sooner rather than later is its ability to clean your machine to such extent that it stops working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-low-on-disc-space.1115086/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have these pop-ups on my computor, Low Disc Space. You running out of disc space (Disc on recovery. Click here to see if you can free space on this drive.

A:Low Disc Space (D;)

Hi: Please read the info at the applicable link below for what steps to take to correct that condition. Vista: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01508532/ W7: http://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03736755 W8: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03737312

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Low-Disc-Space-D/td-p/5602997
Relevancy 51.6%

About six months age we lost our winsoc In doing so we lost the ability to connect to the internet After many a frustrating attempts to restore and reinstall all disc space??? my is Where failed A friend suggested a full system restore In other words a destructive restore I thought it was backing up all my data as it said It didn t I lost all of our photos music videos and movies all important papers and file But now I m connected to the internet again The biggest problem is the fact that we lost all Where is my disc space??? these things and as a added bonus no disc space It s almost zero percent Is this some sign of my missing files still Where is my disc space??? there I ve doon all the basic stuff to clear up space not even noticeable Help a brother out smile Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Sempron tm Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard First International Computer Inc K MC G Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Where is my disc space???

I'm not sure I can help you with the files but this is a great place to start.

http://lifehacker.com/5915921/the-best-disk-space-analyzer-for-windows

Your files are almost certainly recoverable. There are some guys on here who know loads about it but stuff like this is a great place to start.

http://lifehacker.com/393084/how-to-recover-deleted-files-with-free-software

That is if it is even deleted.

As a quick, simple explanation point:

When you delete a file, you simply notify the OS that it can use that logical space for use in the future. You might immediately overwrite it or you might never go near it again! This can be exploited to recover "deleted" files (and also how people get caught downloading things they shouldn't be!). There are also some other tricks to get stuff back but that is the main method in a nutshell. It's just a matter of recovering the areas marked as deleted/making the OS think that the area is no longer fit for overwriting. There tend to be some corruption problems in this method as you can get partial overwrites and things. Either way, you can probably get something back.

If no one here can help you (and I would say that is VERY unlikely in this case), you can send the drive off to be mechanically played and get your files recovered that way. It has to be done in a totally sterile environment so it costs loads of (or $ in your case).

Finally, it might be worth a look exploring the drive with hidden files and folders enabled. You never know, you might find that it saved something after all . Do the disk checking thing first though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/where-is-my-disc-space.1091040/
Relevancy 51.6%

sir
my oc allways says low disc space ,i remove many programes picture.documents near 5GB ,but now says it .i run disclean up many time defragment all so .windos 7 hp

A:low disc space

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-disc-space.1103918/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello i have a HP-dv us Notebook gb RAM intel Quad-core processor and x gb Hard drives I'm running Vista Home Premium x When i bought the laptop the there were partitions due to disc Low space? the two seperate hard drives i used Drive C for all of my programs and just school files Drive D is for music and movies and E are the standard HP recovery discs that come on the Hard drive Yesterday when i turned on my computer i got a message telling me i had low disk space on drive D But i don't Low disc space? have that much on it The day before i still had gb free on that drive It has just all a sudden become filled I have run symantec antivirus windows defender ad-aware and ccleaner to try to fix the problem I have also defragged the drive and gone in and manually looked at all of the hidden and system protected files I see no reason that the frive should be full because all the most i have on that drive is gb Any help would be greatly appriciated

A:Low disc space?

Follow the instructions in this Tutorial:System Restore - disk space
HTH.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/267644-low-disc-space.html
Relevancy 51.6%

How much disc space does Windows XP require?
I ask because I've been getting messages saying 5 Gb partition on which XP is installed is dangerously low on space. XP, along with its various updates/hotfixes, is the only thing on this partition. Programs are installed on another partition. I recently installed XP and believed 5 Gb would be plenty of room for it.

A:How much disc space does XP need?

Change the size of restore points, move the swap to another partition

EasyCleaner http://www.majorgeeks.com/download414.html

Use the clear files and Unnecessary files buttons - I do not recommend
using the Duplicates files button as many dupes are there on purpose.

In the unnecessary button I check the top 4 entries
You can delete older $NT files but keep the recent ones

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-much-disc-space-does-xp-need.391525/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm getting a message that says that I don't have enough disc space.  My computer is only a few months old, and I only surf on it. Please help me to figure what changed, or what I accidentally changed.ThanksStu

A:Disc space

When looking at your hard drive space left, what does it report?Have you gone download happy downloading games, movies, and music etc that can fill up a hard drive fast?Are there other users who use your system who could have downloaded massive amounts of data to consume space as well?Which browser are you using so I can direct you to a location to look for the large amount of data that might be easily removable from default download location?What is the drive capacity ( size )?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,152750.0.html
Relevancy 51.6%

my dell studio crashed and i had to reinstall windows vista with disc provided by dell now its telling me i have no disc space on recovery drive c and delete files but my computer was set back to factory settings so there are no files is it ok to delete old windows file i cant even download anything please help

A:disc space

did you do a full factory reset or just a re-install

can we see a screen shot of disk manager
control panel>
administrative tools>
computer manager >
disk manager >

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disc-space.973574/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi

I'm not very computer savvy but here goes:

Currently running Windows 7-

Drives:
Loca Disc (C)-279 GB
Recovery Dik (E)- 13.48 GB
Tools (F)- 4.98 GB

Everytime computer backups (have tried configuring this to both E & F Drives but with same result) it uses up all the disc space. I get consistant warnings on Low Disc Space and, if gaming, have experienced problems with games closing unexpectedly due to the lack of space.

Is there any way to avoid this issue?

Thanks

A:Low Disc Space

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben.nz

Everytime computer backups (have tried configuring this to both E & F Drives but with same result) it uses up all the disc space.

Hi Ben, I'm not sure what you mean by the above statement. Are you backing up your C drive TO your C drive?

And you shouldn't do anything at all with your E & F drives. They are reserved for your system recovery (to restore windows to the day you bought the computer).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/low-disc-space-602026.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My 4Gig hard drive to my knowledge only has Win2000, MS Office, Explorer and Outlook on it as major programs.

Yet I can see that only 16% of disc is free. Am I missing something? Where can I look?

53Meg is in "common files"? Is this necessary?

Relevancy 51.6%

My PC kept coming up saying critically low disc space on the hard-drive so i deleted some stuff to free space then within a day the message was back. its got worse and worse soi that no - everytime i check the amount of free space on the c: drive, the number is different - its getting closer and closer to 0 though. does anyone know whats wrong?Robby

A:Low Disc Space. Need Help!

What size is the hard drive?

When is the last time you dumped all your temp and temporary internet files?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/91826/low-disc-space-need-help/
Relevancy 51.6%

Is there an explanation for the SHOWN amount of disc space used (in the pie chart).....and the EXPECTED amount of disc space used?
For example, I just did a clean install of XP, and the amount of disc space used was much greater than the amount of disc space that I thought would be used.

pjblevin

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi
I have a problem with my computer. I am trying to burn a dvd with nero but it tells me that there is insufiicient memory in C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\(USERNAME)\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMP. I can not find this file however! If I go to C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS and click properties it lists hundreds of files and folders and about 4Gb of memory but when I open it up the local settings\temp file is not there and the folders that are there only account for a few Mb. It is as though the data is there but the folder wont show up in order to allow me to delete it.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Beth

Relevancy 51.6%

my c drive(xp service pack 3 installed) showstotal size: 24.4GBused: 15.4GBfree: 8.92GBbut if i "select all" files inside c drive and check it adds up to only 12.9GBall hidden files and protected system files(page hibernate files) are visible. system restore is disabled.so why is the difference?i haven't defragmented the drive for a long time. will defragmentation recover the disk space?

A:disc space

In my opinion,This may be due to different ways of calculating the empty disk space versus file size. To find free disk space when you right-click on a disk icon in "My Computer", Windows uses different API function. But when you select all files inside a folder, Windows calculates size of all files and adds them up. The difference arises because a handle cannot be opened to all files on disk, as some files are locked even for read access. To check, follow same process on a non-system disk (on which you have not installed Windows), like a USB pendrive or another partition on your hard disk.This could also be because of some problems with your file system. You can do a simple chkdsk /f. To do this open Start Menu > Run, type chkdsk /f c: if it asks to schedule a disk check on restart, then answer yes. Restart your computer.EDIT : It may also be possible that your hard disk is failing. You should run a diagnostic tool to check if your hard disk is healthy.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274526/disc-space/
Relevancy 51.6%

I moved some of my smaller programs from my main drive (C) to the D drive in order to clear up some space on my C drive. I uninstalled the programs from the C drive and reinstalled them on the D drive. The programs are working fine; however, I gained no space on the C drive. I checked the recycle bin and ran disc clean up and I still have the same amount on C as I did before. Is there something else that I need to do in order to get my space back on the C drive?
Tanks,
Dale

Relevancy 51.6%

low disc space on persario

A:low disc space

How much space is left?

Do you have more than one partition?

Can you archive files to CD/DVD so you can delete them from your drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/low-disc-space-339015.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello good people I have a question on space space on my Operating system drive The space gone? has where disc my drive is an ssd gb formatted it comes in at gb I have fresh win installed The Windows folder takes gb my program folders take gb the remaining folders on the os take gb Total gb I have no data apart from emails stored on where has my disc space gone? the drive yet the drive properties show that I have gb used so somewhere there is gb used I can't see Is it my Page file I have a dedicated drive that I have put a page file on as well as the os drive this drive says there is gb used I can't see where it is used and I'm thinking that that is the way where has my disc space gone? with page files I have show hidden files enabled It's no huge deal but I'd like to know where the gb's are and if that amount can be shaved down so I can keep a good part where has my disc space gone? of the drive free Cheers James

A:where has my disc space gone?

Hi.

Understand that what the drive is advertised as, there's always going to be slightly less in actual space. See this thread for an explanation -

HDD's - the Advertized size vs the Actual size.

Then you also have system restore taking up some space if you have it on.

System Protection - Change Disk Space Usage
System Protection Restore Points - Delete

This thread will give you some ideas as to why also. For instance if you never even used Hibernate or had a reason to, you could delete the file. When I did, it actually gave me 10GB back.

Hard Disk Space - Free Up and Recover

Be aware of the what those steps will do though, if you decide to implement any of them though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/145103-where-has-my-disc-space-gone.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Help! I bought my lap top only a little over a year ago and am out of disc space. Most of it is being taken up with pictures for our work web site etc. What can I clean out besides the obviouse which I have done and how do I purchace more disc space and install it? Its a dell inspiron 512 memory, 30 gig hard drive.
Also I know most of you hate aol but I like its mail options and stuff but I cannot keep the screen from dropping down and getting bigger every time I go to another page. I have tried the remember window size and position etc. but that doesnt work. This has only been like this a few months. Should I re-install the prgram? Thanks in advance for your help. ~Beth~

Relevancy 51.17%

I am getting notice that the hard drive is getting full, disc space low. I have removed unused programs, old files, etc., but still very full. I ran WinDirStat and found that the hog is in the Windows Installer folder, with 87% of disc space taken up by files, mostly .msp.

I am a computer novice, but I think this is where the problem lies. How do I fix it?

Also, over the last month or so, have noticed that my Windows updates will not install.

Help, please!

Relevancy 51.17%

I have recently purchased an HP Pavilion 15 Notebook laptop Quad core 750GB HD running Win 8.1 OS.

It would appear that the OS and the software it has installed is using 307GB of space on the C drive, I confirmed this by making a system image using macrium reflect. I am aware that HP comes with a lot of associated bloatware and I am certainly no computer expert, but to me this seems a tad excessive.

I might add that my tower computer running Win 7 pro with exactly the same software programs installed is using 40GB of space on the C drive.

The only difference between the Laptop and the tower computer is the laptop has a recovery partition taking up 18.1 GB.

My question is can this be correct? I would welcome any input.

Thank you.

shipboard

A:[SOLVED] Disc space

Hi -

I too have an HP Windows 8.1 system and hate the bloatware, but I guarantee you it is not consuming >250 GB space!

Verify space usage with Disk Management -
- Press WIN key + X | select Disk Management

Expand Disk Management to full screen, then please take a screenshot and attach to your next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-disc-space-889218.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi
Despite uninstalling and deleting lots of programmes and files, I keep getting the messgae that disc space is crictical! I am wondering if there is a virus/trogen etc that may cause this?

I know I am being vague - but a bit stuck!

A:Disc Space Disappearing!

How much disk space do you have left and how much have you cleared in your cleaning?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172609/disc-space-disappearing/
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm running Vista hp on a gateway and started getting the above message. Now pop up's are saying "last back up has failed". I know the D drive carries backup info and althought I have never saved anything to it, it is full. I went through all the Vista listed stages of disc cleanup to remove "shadow files" but nothing helped. I have tried one of the so called free fixes in the past for another problem and found it not only did not fix the problem but I could not contact them to quit their service; I had to cancel my credit card. Any advice appreciated

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help with this. I'm running vista home premiuim. There are 3 of us who use the pc all with our own usernames.

The C drive has a 113GB capacity which is nearly full (112). When I've gone into the properties of me as a user it shows that I Have used 15.5GB on the disk, but when I look through everything I can only find about 4GB. Where's the other 11 gone?

The same applies for the other two users who show they have 15GB and 20 GB but on looking there is no where near that amount in their files either

Confused

Relevancy 51.17%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G GL GE PE space Low Solved: c on disc GV Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corp C Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I have a problem that I keep getting quot you have low disk space on c quot I do not have a lot of programs No games etc Just use email google search Facebook etc I run the cc cleaner it quot SAYS quot it has freed up space but minutes later i get the same response that Im low on disk space a while back i un-installed Mozilla Firefox but when I run the cc cleaner - firefox shows up in the cc cleaner Could Firefox still be in there when i thought I un-installed it and it is using up space Just an idea Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Solved: Low disc space on c

40 GB is a pretty small hard drive for XP. Having said that, it may be helpful to look at where the space is being used. You can do so with a free small utility called Treesize. You can download it by clicking here. Install it and run scan of your C:/ drive to see how much space is being used and by what.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-low-disc-space-on-c.1082608/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

Two Users on PC.
A the Administrator, and the second User B.

How can A determine the total internal HD disc space being utilized by B ?

Thanks,
B.

A:User Disc Space ?

Computer > Properties > left hand bar "Advance system settings" > User Profiles

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/69795-user-disc-space.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My C drive's space is being gobbled up by something. It's been happening for a few months and I've moved folders off the C drive onto the D drive to make space and checked what services are running. Those that didn't seem important I stopped and others I made manual start. After which I rebooted.

I've run a search to see what files are being created or modified but apart from a large number of *. RDB files I don't see anything supicious.

Any thoughts?

Relevancy 51.17%

Getting the error message above: I have not altered anything on pc since I purchased it, as I don't have enough knowledge to do so. I know this is an old problem for most Vista users but can anyone help me to solve it? The constant pop ups are very annoying and worrying.

The recovery D indicator shows red. I have have plenty of space on C: if I can find out how to save backups to it. I save data files to external drive so no problem with that.
I need very simple instructions to sort this out please.

Dell desktop pc. WIndow Vista 32 bit Premium Home edition.

A:HELP! low disc space on Recovery D

Try using WinDirStat to see where your space is going.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/275967-help-low-disc-space-recovery-d.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have recently purchased a new laptop (Acer) which was advertised as having 160GB HDD.

On checking I have noticed that under 'computer' in start menu it is states a Data (D) drive which has 69.4GB of 69.5GB free (100%)
It also states an Acer (C) drive which has 45.7GB of 69.5GB free (60%)

My questions are:

1. What is using 25GB of disc space on C drive? (nothing has been saved as yet)
2. Where is the missing 20GB of disc space? (70 GB + 70GB).
3. Why is hard disc split between 'C' and 'D' drives? (I have not added any extra drives)

Thanks

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a sony vaio laptop (version 2002), intel pent III, 894MHz, 128MB ram, came with xp. the only big programs i have on my c drive is my grisoft anti virus which is taking up 17.05 MB, and then some little programs which came with my laptop (like about 15 or 20, taking up little chunks of space the biggest one being 1.60MB, a few pics and thats it and i still only have 12% space on my C drive (not even enough memory to run a defrag). i was wondering if i could delete those little programs which came with my laptop? i might free up more space. oh and i am new on this site and downloaded the C cleaner which afforded me 7% more space which brought it to 12% YAY i was grateful for that.

any help would be appreciated. thank you.

perfectedredhead

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey Everyone,
I recently got Vista and I am having an issue with disc space. I have noticed that the amount of free disc space changes contantly and it worries me. Earlier this week I had 56 GB free, earlier today I had 51 GB free, then it went to 41 GB now its at 42 GB and I haven't installed anything new. Does anyone know what causes this fluctuation in free disc space. I have done the windows disc cleaner and removed old restore files, etc. This has not corrected the issue of the constant changes.
Can someone please help me, I am enjoying vista but this is worrying me.
Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 51.17%

Can anybody help? I bought an Acer Switch 10 eMMC 32GB + 500GB HDD Widows 8.1.
The tablet memory is small and because of all the apps and stuff Acer put on it before you get it means that there is no memory left for anything else. I have managed to transfer my own files to the hard drive where there is more than enough space but when
I have to download files or do updates ie tom tom update it says there isn't enough disk space. I have spent hours trying to find away to change the default storage or a way of using the excess storage in Data (D:) but can't seem to do it. I think this is
why windows 10 hasn't reached me yet! Can anyone help me please before I launch the bl**dy thing through my window! Thank you :-/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b24bfa52-a7d3-4788-89c1-d9869bdadc0d/lack-of-disc-space?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 51.17%

Tech drive disc space D on Low Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Low disc space on D drive Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Low disc space on D drive Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc H K HB QH CN D Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled I get a small pop up at the bottom right of my screen that says I have low disc space on my D drive I think what happened is when I went to do a backup the data got saved to my D drive Is there a way I can check and remove it safely Also if this is what happened how can I change the settings for my data backup I don t think I ve been able to do a backup since I got this laptop a few years back Thanks a lot in advance for your help I m not super computer savvy when it comes to this kind of thing nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-disc-space-on-d-drive.1000608/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey everyone i'm new to the forum so hi I'm really hoping someone can help me as i'm getting really frustrated I have a Acer Aspire x desktop with gig memory vista sp bit Basically my comp has been fine until i switched it on this morn The problem is that all of my disc space keeps disappearing Ages ago i had a similar problem amp sorted it by lowering the limit of shadow space being taken up by system vanashing? Disc space restore which sorted it out So this time i am not sure why my space is vanashing It's weird cause as we speak it is going down constantly by a couple of hunded mb every few mins I have run a virs check with avg which did Disc space vanashing? show trojans which i removed am rescanning now I have also run spybot which got rid of Disc space vanashing? a load of amp am now running windows defender I am at a loss as what to do so am hoping someone can help me please Thanx in advance Oh sorry just wanted to add that i didn't have this problem until today i've not installed anything new but i did update windows defender yesterday Surely that couldn't be the problem could it more thing when i reboot i get the space back but then it goes again whilst comp is running

A:Disc space vanashing?

As jcgriff2 mentioned in your other post...

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/disc-space-vanashing-468970.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am running windows xp 2003 (I am not very computer literate so am not sure if it can be xp and 2003 but i know it is 2003). For a very long time i have had the pop up informing me i am very low on disc space. i run antispyware regularly and antvir, i also use ccleaner but i am unable to remove enough to free up enough space to stop these pop ups - which appear continuously while i am using the computer Iam now using another computer as yesterday i had a box informing me i only had 8mb left, when i tried to run a scan the computer closed down and i am now afraid of losing everything ihave on there. I thought i would look for advice before switching it back on.

I look forward to much needed help!

Thanks in advance

Sanjean

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257601/critically-low-disc-space/
Relevancy 51.17%

For the past 2 months I have noticed that everytime I use my PC, free space in the drive in which Windows XP-SP2 is loaded keeps reducing (by 0.1Gb for 4-6 hrs of working on the comp) without me adding anything. I reformatted that drive but the problem persists. I regularly delete cookies and temporary internet files. Updated antivirus (Avast and Clamwin) does not detect anything. Please suggest a solution.

A:Hard disc space

You'll probably find that's system restore if it is a XP system. If you wish to change the size of the hard drive system restore takes right click my computer and click on the system restore tab. You can then change the settings in there. Be wary though, if you turn it off or lower the space it will give you less points to back up to

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disc-space.517578/
Relevancy 51.17%

why does my dvd burner say it doe not have any disc space to copy dvds. ilokk in the properties of my burner and it says all the space is used up. i have a lite-on burner

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-disc-space-in-dvd-burner.438190/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey everyone i'm new to the Disc space vanashing? forum Disc space vanashing? so hi I'm really hoping someone can help me as i'm getting really frustrated I have a Acer Aspire x desktop with gig memory vista sp bit Basically my comp has been fine until i switched it on this morn The problem is that all of my disc space keeps disappearing Ages ago i had a similar problem amp sorted it by lowering the limit of shadow space being taken up by system restore which sorted it out So this time i am not sure why my space is vanashing It's weird cause as we speak it is going down constantly by a couple of hunded mb every few mins I have run a virs check with avg which did show trojans which i removed am rescanning now I have also run spybot which got rid of a load of amp am now running windows defender I am at a loss as what to do so am hoping someone can help me please Thanx in advance Oh sorry just wanted to add that i didn't have this problem until today i've not installed anything new but i did update windows defender yesterday Surely that couldn't be the problem could it more thing when i reboot i get the space back but then it goes again whilst comp is running

A:Disc space vanashing?

Hi -

I suggest that you proceed to to our Security Center, Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum, to have your system reviewed by a Security Analyst. Please be sure to follow THESE STEPS carefully before posting your logs in the Security Forum.

Please be patient as the Security Analysts are very busy and one will get to you as soon as possible.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/disc-space-vanashing-468960.html
Relevancy 51.17%

(Sorry if this is in wrong section. I'm not sure which one it lands in )

I had 2.4 gigs left of space on my C drive. Well I copied 3 music cds to blank discs and when I was finished it had only like 600 megs left! My question is when you burn and copy cds, does it store them somewhere? And if it does, where can I delete them?

Relevancy 51.17%

Even after deleating all my files i continually get the message " to free up disc space, outlook express can compact messages " when i click on clean up it will be back on every 15 to 20 seconds. Very annoying! I am using xp home edition.

Relevancy 51.17%

XP 120GB Hard Disc is suddnely Full. But all files added come to at least only 60% of this. Where's the other 40% gone? Was ok until a few weeks ago. Recycle bin is emptly.

A:Where's my hard disc space gone?

The files could be hidden. Follow the steps in this link and check again after teh hidden files are shown.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wheres-my-hard-disc-space-gone-306681.html
Relevancy 51.17%

A new machine only months ago Windows XP IE v and suddenly it was battle stations - things flashing Theft disc - Help space! of in agitation still do on and off - Critically Low Disc Space Ran defrag which gives a nice continuum of a very few blue and green stripes in a positive sea of red The analysis tells me that a single file contains GIGABYTES It didn t give Help - Theft of disc space! me the whole file name but when I ran the free avast com de-virus-ing program it cheerfully gave me the full name along with an even more cheerful tag C Documents and Settings Tiriel Local Settings History History IE index dat could not be scanned Running Search tells me that this is not a valid folder name not file name - is that significant Remember I know Nothing Of Such Things I bought the Index dat scan program which claims to remove all such files The site also makes a lot of other claims - like the program being easy to use sure if you know what you are doing in the first place - including a mention of hour service and a telephone number which one might have assumed to be operational I do now have free Mb of space - so nice and at less than per Mb perhaps I should be grateful but it s scarcely what I was expecting when I paid out for the thing The phrase Chocolate fireguard springs to mind There a limit to what I can use the computer for though this isn t as bad as it might be as I have a second drive unaffected - only because my old computer died and its entrails are installed here Worse is the fact that my mail programs and Journal have been affected - the formatting is intermittently stripped out and I cannot post - but it comes and goes and I suppose that I might put it down to individual vagaries if it hadn t all started happening with the Low Disc Space warnings Please can someone tell me how to find and get rid of this monstrous file Thanks I hope Tiriel nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

hi
can anyone tell me of a program that will show me where my hard drive disk space is being used.

i have deleted all the files and programs i don't need but am at a loss as to where the space is being used?

Id like to locate and know whats using what and where in my pc

A:disc space program

Here's a couple,

WinDirStat - Windows Directory Statistics

Make sure to choose the free version if you try this one,

Download Disk Space Fan 4 - Fast disk space analyzer and duplicate file remover

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/214190-disc-space-program.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,
I'm running vista and my C drive is 5.07GB free of 49.5GB and my D drive 27.8GB free of 49.5GB I have an external drive of 500 GB and have backed up both drives to this. How can I empty the D drive as I have a copy on the external and free up space on the C drive. I'm not much of a techy so please keep it simple.

Relevancy 51.17%

I have two discs on my pc.
4.87gb and 33.3 gb.
The smaller disc is running short on space how can I cure this?
The larger has plenty of room and I moved everything I can think of from the smaller disc to the larger.
This was a build for me and the small disc is from the original pc.
In Windows are languages which I will never use,would it help to clear those?.
Regards
Norman

A:short disc space

there are a variety of things you could do, including the following:

Move the My Documents folder to the other partition using this guide http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_mydocs.htm

You could uninstall some programs and then re-install them on the larger partition.

You could delete all of your current restore points, and reset the size of the system restore utility. Also empty all of your temp files and empty the recycle bin.

Or you could resize the partition using a free partition manager like the one found here http://www.ranish.com/part/

I cannot vouch for the above program as I have not used it. You should always backup any important files before changing partition sizes, in case something goes wrong. I have always used partition magic to resize partitions, although you need to pay for this one http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/

Re-sizing the partition to at least 10 GiG would be better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/short-disc-space.370202/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, im currently trying to help my girlfriend with a problem on her laptop. Its running Vista OS, which i've never really used and keeps popping up with the message 'Low disc space on D drive'. After searching abit on google I found the problem is that this drive is used to back up files, and it seems to have done it until the drive is full and that my next step would be to create a vista recovery disc and delete the back up files (correct me if im wrong please!). Although if I do this whats to stop the same problem happening again, can I relocate some of D drive (70gb) elsewhere, or back up files to an external drive and use D drive fully? Please help!!

Thanks, Lou.

A:Low disc space, D Drive

It sounds like system restore points are stored there.
As long as you are sure that the computer is running well otherwise
you can delete many of the restore points.

This should clear up some space.
got to start|programs|accessories|system tools|diskcleanup
select all users
choose the more options tab|system restore and shadow copies|cleanup
Then hit delete.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/low-disc-space-d-drive-449099.html
Relevancy 51.17%

hi.
i installed the windows xp update and now my computer says there is no room on my disc space,is this to do with me installing it,coz it was ok before.?
thank you
lynne
x

A:no room on my disc space

Hi Lynne33, Which xp update did you download - Sp2

Check System Info. see how much space you have left.

If this download was Sp2, well that's a major download.

See how much space you have left and let us know and someone in the form will get back to you.

Winnipeg

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17544/no-room-on-my-disc-space/
Relevancy 51.17%

hi.
i installed the windows xp update and now my computer says there is no room on my disc space,is this to do with me installing it,coz it was ok before.?
i sometimes have 555mb free then within secs it goes down to 34kb,
i have no idea why this happens
i had loads of room before ,my disc room should be 9 something
thank you
lynne
x

A:no room on my disc space

This process will clean out your Temp files and your Temporary Internet Files. Please do both steps:Step 1:Delete Temp FilesTo clean out your temp files, click on Start and then run, and type %temp% and press the ok button.This should open up the temp directory that your machine uses. Please delete all files that are found there. If you get an error when deleting a file, skip that file and delete all the others. If you had trouble deleting a file, reboot into Safe Mode and follow this step again. You should now be able to delete all the files.Step 2: Delete Temporary Internet FilesNow I want you to open up Internet Explorer, and click on the Tools menu and then Internet Options. At the General tab, which should be the first tab you are currently on, click on the Delete Files button and put a checkmark in Delete offline content. Then press the OK button. This may take quite a while, so do not be alarmed with how long it takes. When it is done, your Temporary Internet Files will now be deleted.See if that helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17717/no-room-on-my-disc-space/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have had this Pavillion dv6305tx laptop just 2 months and after a short while the disc almost full message popped up, it is a 160gb HDD with vista ultimate 64 bit os. Strange because I had not installed any new programs. I phoned the HP line (India) and was told to re format the HDD. This I did but now I have the same message again. I have not istalled anything and the add/remove programs tells me I have less than 2gb of programs installed. The HDD seems to be filling up in its own and I cannot work it out. Would anyone please help, I think it is a setting in vista but don't know wher to start. The problem is not with the recovery partition D. Thank you.

A:low disc space drive c

I wonder... did you do a format of the HDD and then reinstall... or did you do a restore of some kind?

I'm not saying that's your problem, but if you do a restore all the old data may still be left on the hard drive.

The best thing to do (as long as you have a Vista install CD) would be to use a program (like fdisk) on a boot disk, delete all the partitions and format the drive. ((this assumes your install data or restore software isn't installed on a hidden partition on the HDD itself))... then reinstall Vista fresh.

You're right that you shouldn't be getting this error with a 160GB hard drive. Have you gone to "my computer" and right clicked on the hard drive and gone to properties... does this report that the drive is full?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/91342-low-disc-space-drive-c.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Can you help please.

A message saying I am running out of disk space on Recovery ( D )

I have already done the usual things like 'cleaning up' etc but it has not changed.

I would be gratedul for suggestions to rectifying this problem.

A:lOW DISC SPACE Drive D

Hello Mansfield,

You could delete what you put on it that do not want anymore from it, or moving them to another drive that does have free space. Do not delete the Recovery partition or the default files on it. This partition is what is used to recover Windows with.

If you do not plan on saving more to the drive and just wanted to stop the low disk space warning, then you could use METHOD TWO in the tutorial below to do so. However, I strongly recommend you to read the warning at the top of the tutorial below before doing it.

Low Disk Space Warning in Vista

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290685-low-disc-space-drive-d.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am running Windows XP Home with a "NEC DVD+ -RW ND-3530A" dvd drive installed. When I insert a new blank (Philips DVD-R or Sony DVD-RW) dvd into the drive it says there is zero space available. Any ideas why? I want to back up files and cannot do so.

Richard

Relevancy 50.74%

I have backed up my pc, but how do I increase the disc space on my hard drive? Can I delete the C: drive files and programms?

A:How DO I INCREASE DISC SPACE AFTER BACKING UP?

Welcome back to TSF

The best thing to do is remove any unwanted programs using the Add/Remove Program Applet. Only remove the programs you do not use and are not required.
Also you can use Cleanup! which will remove unwanted files

Download and install CleanUp! but do not run it yet.

*WARNING* Cleanup deletes EVERYTHING out of temp/temporary folders and does not make backups.

Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu). Set the program up as follows:
*Click "Options..."
*Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!"
*Put a check next to the following:Empty Recycle Bins
Delete Cookies
Delete Prefetch files
Cleanup! All Users
Click on the ?Temporary Files? and uncheck the box for ?Scan drives for file matching? if it?s checked.
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program. Reboot/logoff when prompted.

How big is the hard drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-increase-disc-space-after-backing-up-320878.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,I have noticed the space on my hard drive is getting less and less even though I'm not downloading anything. I've ran virus scans and used disc cleanup. My computer became so slow to start up and respond in the morning that I started to leave my Firefox browser open all the time when I put the computer on stand by. Could I have a virus or is something else going on?My OS is Windows XP Home Edition. Service Pack 3. Thanks very muchMytromEdit: Moved topic from AII to the more appropriate forum, at the request of BC Staff. ~ Animal

A:Is a virus eating up my disc space?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.Please subscribe to your topic so that you will be notified as soon as I post a reply, instead of you having to check the topic all of the time. This will allow you to get an email notification when I reply.To subscribe, go to your topic, and at the top right hand corner by your first post, click the Options button and then click Track this topic. The bullet the immediate notification bubble. Then press submit.Lets take a look with MalwarebytesPlease download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here:MalwarebytesPlease rename the file BEFORE downloading to zztoy.exe instead of mbam-setup.exeMBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Double Click zztoy.exe to install the application.* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan.* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.* Copy&Paste the entire MBAM report (even if it does not find anything) in your next reply Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.If Malwarebytes won't install or runSome types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it. Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276975/is-a-virus-eating-up-my-disc-space/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I m in a bit of a pickle In februari I bought a pc with Vista Having nothing but problems on the way I decided to upgrade to XP yes upgrade Everything disc 400gb Lost space went fine and the installation was a succes except that my hard disc is only gb now instead of the gb I used to have I thought no problem I ll just install PartionMagic repartition the free space and I m good to go No luck PartionMagic cannot find the extra space however a demo version of Partition Table Doctor Lost 400gb disc space can The problem is if I scan the free space I get nothing but bad sectors and the program can t seem to restore or repair the extra space I m going to call the company I bought it from today but I m afraid my warrenty is invalid since I reformatted the drive and lost the recovery files as well GB hard disc in Vista it was prepartitioned into C at GB and D at as recovery space One strange thing I noticed but can t reproduce now I found a Linux partition of about MB using either PartitionMagic or Doctor can t find it anymore though If anyone has some ideas please help me Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Okay...iWould really appreciate anyone who could help me out with this. iHad trouble with Vista prior to this, which led me into having my computer rebooted only with 10.0 GB of free space in Local Disc (C So now I'm stuck with a pretty much ultimate downgraded computer. iNeed to know what files iCould delete throughout the computer or able to move to free up space?!

Please help me!!!

A:iHave a problem with disc space...

Hallo WrittenCocaine, If your computer is up to date & both Service Packs are succesfully installed from an elevated command prompt Elevated Command Prompt
You can type; compcln.exe then press enter (you may have to press Y to confirm)

This should free up about 1gb it cleans out leftovers & uninstaller from Service Packs.

If you dont use Hibernate also from an elevated command prompt type; powercfg -h off this will also free up a lot of space

Use disk clean up to delete your old restore points, this will leave you with the most recent one Disk Cleanup

And i would use Ccleaner but please if you are not familar with the mechanics of the Registry then I would leave the Registry cleaner option well alone
CCleaner - Download

There is also the option of uninstalling any software you dont use, i hope this is of some help

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/264279-ihave-problem-disc-space.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have XP Professional & I installed a bunch of games & afterwords read the fine print & discovered they were for windows 98. Now my hard drive says I'm running out of free space. I reinstalled XP & it didn't fix the problem. I removed most of the game files manually & then went back to the "Add & Remove Software Programs" & found out it removed the files sizes but not the games names. What else is there I can do?

A:Wrong disc free space on XP

Why didn't you uninstall the games in Add/Remove to begin with? You will miss many files trying to do it manually since files go to a lot of different locations.

Did the games not work? Most Win98 games work fine on XP.

I'd suggest that you reinstall each game that you think may have been incompletely uninstalled so that the uninstaller will be repaired and then remove them using Add/Remove.

If you need more space immediately, empty out your temporary files since game installations usually leave a lot there. You can also run System Restore to try to get back to a time before the games were installed, but you should uninstall them properly first before doing that if possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wrong-disc-free-space-on-xp.334159/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there I space Disc error Solved: tried to google this problem but entering not enough space into google comes up with a lot of random junk e g zoo websites with not enough space for animals When I install any programs they all report that i have my gb free which windows and all hd space reporting programs say but when they actually go to install they say not enough space I have updated antivirus ran a virus scan I have ran a scandisk I have ran registry mechanic and fixed errors I am lost on what to do to fix the problem Sad I have a suspision this may have something to do with it Basically I had my drive letters as follows C windows drive D cd drive E games F programs my cd drive jumped to f so now they are C windows drive D games E programs F cd drive i reinstalled all games and programs to fix the registry problems but now for some reason nothing will install saying not enough space maybe it s something to do with it looking at E s free space mb instead of D s where it should actually be installing Solved: Disc space error If anyone could help i would really apprechiate it Very Happy Or some cool suggestions on how I can fix it Smile ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- my system info ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CPU Intel Pentium CPU GHz Socket MHz MHz FSB load CPU Intel Pentium CPU GHz Socket MHz MHz FSB load Motherboard http www abit com tw IC IC -G Intel i P-ICH version RAM module Solved: Disc space error MB form factor DIMM type SDRAM RAM module MB form factor DIMM type SDRAM Drive FUJITSU MPC AT GB size partition s IDE interface Drive IC L AVV - GB size partition s IDE interface Drive Maxtor E L GB size partition s IDE interface Video controller NVIDIA GeForce Processor GeForce MB x x Hz Non Interlaced driver version Sound card Creative X-Fi Audio Processor WDM brand Creative Technology Ltd Operating system Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP version processes running MB free RAM installed y w d h m s ago d h m s uptime nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Burning music tracks on to a CD-RW disc with Nero, disc size is 700MB, music tracks are approx 6-7 MB each, after 34 tracks messages appears saying disc full, can anyone explain why this is ?

Relevancy 50.74%

Greetings Bear in mind that my knowledge of computers is very quot basic quot I had a guy add memory to my PC Sony Vaio PCV-RZ - MB to be exact He said it has as much now as it can take Yet my Crive tells me it has only of available space on Guys! Help, Disc - Please Space Transfering it Now I honestly don t have a whole lot of stuff on my machine I have no stored images or music I also keep my Temp folder and Cookies cleaned out often It s amazing to me that my Crive only has of space My Drive has tons of memory available so it seems logical to me that I need to reallocate some disc space more appropriately i e add space to the Crive But I don t know how to do that I suspect this is a rather basic computer procedure and it doesn t depend much on the model etc Can someone just tell me how I can do this MUCH appreciated Rick nbsp

A:Transfering Disc Space - Please Help, Guys!

You're making a common mistake: confusing RAM (Random Access Memory) with drive space (also sometimes called memory).

Your computer stores data in the long-term on your hard drives. Data stored on hard drives will not be lost when the power is turned off, and it is much less expensive to make hard drives in terms of storage space per dollar (hence why hard drives come in sizes such as 160 GiB and 200 GiB, and memory comes in sizes like 512 MiB and 1024 MiB).

If that "guy" added 512 MiB of memory to your system, he added RAM to your system. Your C and D drives are hard drives (they can be on the same physical disk, or they may be on seperate disks).

As to your question: there is no easy way to "move" space from the D drive to the C drive. If they are on the same physical device, it is possible, but not reccommended even for advanced users since it is easy to corrupt the drive's partition tables (the data which seperates it into C and D drives, for example).

One thing you can easily do to help your problem is move files from one drive to the other. Some things CANNOT be moved -- for example, you should leave the "C:\Windows\" and "C:\Program Files\" folders alone, since moving these files will prevent your system from finding them when it needs them. However, stuff in your My Documents folder, especially, can be easily relocated. Just create a new, appropriately named folder on your D drive and Cut & Paste the files you wish to move.

Hope this helps,

AnimaDigita

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfering-disc-space-please-help-guys.206239/
Relevancy 50.74%

hi there, today i was unzipping a file in my desktop and i got an error message, unsuficient disk space, but the file was only 1.5 gb and i have 40 free GB on my disc o.0 i had that warning 3 times in less then 5 mins.

the disc is also fairly new, its a seagate 250gb for notebook, bought it 3 months ago.

also, i think the windows function that controls the ports is not working because when i use a program that uses many ports (blizzard patch downloader for eg.) all my other online aps dont work like xfire, steam, etc. and after i fin ish the download i have to wait like 5 mins to resume normal operation on those programs o.0

edit, also today my firefox started not responding randomly when i open a new tab or something, the screen goes "whiteish" for 10 seconds and then it starts working again :3

Relevancy 50.74%

A year ago I purchased an HP Stream netbook for business travel - GB SS with bloat. 8.1 space Problems disc hard drive GB of RAM and Windows Hardware performance - excellent Windows - At first sight looking at the partition space on the hardrive there is no reason apparent for for continual loss of disc space in use - sometimes going down Problems with 8.1 disc space bloat. to MB The problem seems to lie in the 'Windows' folder which has grown to GB Other programs and data are a total of GB - most data is stored on a TB external drive The CBS log file seems to be a major source of the problem - I have taken to storing the 'persist' file externally and deleting the internal file nbsp To someone brought up in the early days when MB of RAM and a MB hard drive seemed wealth beyond dreams the sad state of my HP machine is unforgivable I had a Macintosh SE on my desk for over years There seems to be a complete loss of the concept of good system design at Microsoft and a remorsless growth of 'bodged' software while no attempt is made to remove the mistakes of the past There are totally useless old keystroke functions going back to MS-Dos Kills all known interest in computing Make a mistake typing and you are suddenly into disaster nbsp Please do not raise the invalid excuse of 'backwards compatiability' - the whole of MSDOS could now run as a 'stand alone' operation as could Windows or any of the other ill-stared attempts to cobble together an operating system within the current design I am continually asked to upgrade to Windows when it is blatently obvious that this even more bloatworthy nbsp attempt could not possibly exist with the hardware constraints of my machine I thought when I bought my machine that for once Microsoft had broken away from the bad old habits of the past Is it something in the water in Seattle nbsp with Windows - it appears I was deluded to think that that could ever happen As a company you have to learn that the continual concatenation of badly designed and constructed code can never produce a small efficient operating system - it must start with good overall system design Something that Microsoft judged by the results has never had any real ability at

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c3c84708-0237-4c90-b6a6-7ce5156d88fd/problems-with-81-disc-space-bloat?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello-An elderly couple I know aquired an old desktop space disc low Solved: SP3 WinXP celeron MHZ megs ram with win installed LOL They just want a computer for email and light net browsing They asked me if I could install winxp on it for them since is obsolete Solved: WinXP SP3 low disc space with zero support It has an gig HD-plenty of room for win but small for winxp I had an old G HD laying around so I installed the G HD as a slave also I added some SDRAM sticks I had as spares to megs ram Then I installed winxp pro as an upgrade to the present win OS It has upgraded to win xpSP and now has less than G free space on master HD I know winxp sp will gobble up around Gigs of HD so I turned off auto updates after sp was done knowing it hasn t the space for sp but that annoying windows security bubble keeps popping up saying at risk ect Its working fairly well without sp but that warning is annoying LOL This is the history now for my Questions please Can I turn that warning bubble off or is there a way to store the bloated winxp sp files on the gig slave HD or must the SP files be stored in the master HD s windows files folders Thank You Tech s nbsp

A:Solved: WinXP SP3 low disc space

In my opinion you made a big mistake putting XP on that system.
Even though Win9x systems are no longer 'supported' by MS that doesnt mean you cant use them and have a safe and secure system for the light browsing and email usage it will be put to
There are plenty of current security applications that are designed to work with 98.

If it were me I'd revert back to 98

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-winxp-sp3-low-disc-space.791198/
Relevancy 50.74%

On my computer I have 2 programs that will not uninstall and I need extra space for my disc. One is UTILITAB RegistryCLEANER and when I click uninstall it says it does not exist yet it takes up 5 Mb (not a lot but I still need the space or it runs slow) and one called Pc healthboost and when I click uninstall nothing happens. Please help. By the way, yes I have installed spybot s&d and it didn't really help.

A:Solved: Disc space problem

Downloaded and tested a few Uninstaller programs.
Revo Uninstaller seems to be the only one I seen that doesn't include unwanted programs like Bing Toolbar.
http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html
Program uses 6.5MB on Window 7 Pro 32bit (if you need the space could always uninstall this program after its done removing the other 2)

Tested with Cam Studio. Deleted Uninst000.exe to make sure the regular uninstall failed.
Revo deleted all files and registry entries, using Moderate option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-disc-space-problem.1058468/
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently found the Mustafa Trojan on our computer This is a company computer that our former owners went super cheap with the support contract To make a long story short my only support involves mailing the entire PC to PA so they can repair and return it Meanwhile my restaurant has no computer for at least three days which just happens to coincide with the owner s visit Basically I need a one or two week long fix A coworker purchased DefenderPro Computer Repair after deleting SpyBot which has helped clean out some redundant and orphaned registry entries while I found and made dummy files for the viruses Right now the computer is operating perfectly except no matter what we do the disk After Infection. Disc Trojan Space Low is full Something is either copying or saving stuff somewhere and it has completely filled the disk This is a problem because I cannot scan with Panda TrendMicro Housecall HyjackThis or any other online Low Disc Space After Trojan Infection. scanner since I have no disc space If anyone has any advice that doesn t involve a new PC I would greatly appreciate it Also in the registry at HLM system controlset services shared access parameters firewall policy domain profile authorized applications I have found several entries referencing some of the files I previously had trouble with such as findfast exe shell exe chkdsk exe etc Almost all of these entries enable one of many locations of xpsp res dll located throughout Windows System Since I am no longer seeing these files should I be concerned about all the xpsp res dll s still in the system Thanks Tom

A:Low Disc Space After Trojan Infection.

Hi Tom and to Bleeping Computer!

Have you run an error check? I have noticed that sometimes after I run an error check I noticed that my Hard Drive shows more free space. Also, what size is your hard drive?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125482/low-disc-space-after-trojan-infection/
Relevancy 50.74%

My problems are remarkably similiar to the problem's of the poster who posted this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t constantly-losing-hard-drive-space I got a message of dangerously low disc space that had suddenly went from about gb to less than mb I began deleting quite a bit at least gb of space I also cleaned up my hibernation file through disc cleanup since that takes up a lot of room as well It showed the space expanding but then a few hours later I got the dangerously low message again Space Disc Constantly Disappearing and my space was Constantly Disappearing Disc Space down to about mb This has only been happening for the past week or so No matter Constantly Disappearing Disc Space how much I delete it always gets back down low to just mbs again I'm not doing anything on my computer other than looking at websites I've run Norton amp Malware Bytes and it says that everything is clean Constantly Disappearing Disc Space However I noticed that when I opened Internet Explorer last week which I rarely use I always use Firefox I got this message To help protect your security Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files your computer Click here for options This happened just by opening IE and it going to my home page which is Google I went nowhere else Ever since then I've been having this disc space problem so I'm thinking it DID download something despite that warning So not only do I want to fix the disc space problem amp clear up any potential malware I want to figure out how to stop whatever is trying to automatically download whenever I open IE I really appreciate the help This is driving me crazy and making my comp virtually unusable I hope I'm able to maintain enough space to even download what I have to do download to clean this up If you need me to post a HiJack this log let me know

A:Constantly Disappearing Disc Space

I also see that I have a lot of GB being used in old Norton360 backup, just like the person who posted that original thread. I want to make sure it's safe to delete that old backup.

I think the problem is bigger than that, though, as nothing has changed in that regard, and this constantly disappearing low disc space problem has only started happening since I went to Internet Explorer last week.

I wish I could find out what those files are that are trying to (and may have successfully?) downloaded. I almost want to right click and choose "download file" just to see what they are so that I could then find them on my computer, but I know that's not safe.

Thanks again, in advance, for your help!

Edited to Add: Just to be totally accurate, MalwareBytes actually did find two things, and did quarantine them. So it seems as though they were successfully removed. However, when I rebooted, I still had that same "low disc space" problem after a bit. So I guess the problem is unrelated to whatever MalwareBytes found and removed, but I figured I'd add that piece of info in case you found it important.

I also wanted to add that I see 4.30 gb worth of space in Norton 360 Backup since January 6, 2014, which is the day this problem started happening. So I really think my problem is related to that, but then, what is the thing that keeps trying to download in Internet Explorer, and how do I get rid of that problem from repeatedly coming up?

Also, how do I stop Norton 360 Backup from recreating these big files? If I simply delete that 4.30 gb, will this problem keep reoccuring in a few days?

I am on Windows Vista on an HP Pavillion laptop, by the way.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520505/constantly-disappearing-disc-space/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am running windows 8 on a HP Pavillion g6 laptop. I am constantly getting a message saying " You are running out of space on drive E HP_TOOLS " It is driving me absolutely nuts showing up every 3-4 minutes. I have tried several options mentioned in other forums here but to no avail. Can anyone out there help me please ?

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I am using a Medion PC running on XP which I bought new last May It has a gb hard disc which arrived partitioned into the Solved: space!!!!!!! Help is something my - stealing disc following drives C Boot gb D Backup gb E Recovery gb F Data gb I have recently started to get an error message on Norton Ghost when creating a backup image to the D drive to say that the Solved: Help - something is stealing my disc space!!!!!!! destination drive is full despite it only having a Solved: Help - something is stealing my disc space!!!!!!! single gb ghost image on it I then switched the backup destination to the F Drive and started to get similar error messages telling me that the F drive was full I have now totally cleared the F drive so it should be empty yet when I check its properties I find that it shows gb being used and only gb as being free A similar thing happens when I check the D Drive Any help would be appreciated I am not experienced enough to start messing about with the disc partitioning as I m frightedned of trashing the C Drive which seems to be functioning ok Thanks in advance Mick nbsp

A:Solved: Help - something is stealing my disc space!!!!!!!

A couple of questions come to mind.

1. Does your Bios see the drive size correctly?
2. Do you have service pack 1 or later installed?
3. What version of Norton Ghost are you running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-something-is-stealing-my-disc-space.446475/
Relevancy 50.74%

i upgraded from xp to windows7 pro 32bit and upon upgrading i noticed that it now takes twice the amount of space it did as from xp. was it on my end for not doing a clean install for it? if not then can you please inform me(anyone) thank you.

Relevancy 50.74%

hi please can you let me know how to free up disk space on my c drive ie moving programs on to my E data drive as its very nearly full im using vista 32 operating system

Relevancy 50.74%

Out of nowhere, does my computer tell me I have no disc space.

My C: drive tells me I have 0 bytes out of my 450 GB

and my D: drive tells me i have 300 KB out of 9.8 GB.

Im in a rut here, because my antivirus programs will not run on such low disc space.

I cannot download programs because I have low disc space

I can't system restore because I dont have disc space.

and lastly, I cant uninstall various programs with low disc space.

I suspect a virus is at work, but like I said above, I cant check.

I removed all my temporary files, my recycle bin, ect.

But I don't know what to do anymore. Ive ventured all across google to see people having similar problems to mine.

What should I do?

A:Drivers say I dont have any disc space! Help!

Hi 2 things I suggest first that you visit the security forum http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html follow the instructions and if you can't move on but take note of it and mention it in your post please post in the security forum not here

next is this http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/0...shadow-copies/ this may help you get some space but check with security and give them a link to this post before proceeding

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/drivers-say-i-dont-have-any-disc-space-help-477831.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I hope someone can help me I continue getting a low disc warning Warning/Virus Space Disc Low In the past I could run MS Security Essentials and Low Disc Space Warning/Virus it would locate the virus and remove it I have tried Low Disc Space Warning/Virus running it but it doesn't find anything I have tried looking in the folder where they used to be found and couldn't find anything I clear disc space and delete files and still get the warning and bytes on C When I unplug the internet I dont get the warning and the disc space is normal I have deleted about GB of files so far and dont want to delete more if not necessary I can't access the internet because the pages wont fully load I have to continue going to Task Manager and end process on several dllhost exe that are running I dont know what to do Any thoughts Help is greatly appreciated My machine is about years old and is Windows Vista I have also tried running malwarebytes and it finds nothing

A:Low Disc Space Warning/Virus

to Bleeping Computer! Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post. Download SecurityCheck.exe from Here. Run SecurityCheck and follow the instruction from inside the code box.. When the scan is finished, a notepad will automatically open as check.txt   Please copy and paste the contents here on your next reply. Download MiniToolBox and open/run the program.When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547543/low-disc-space-warningvirus/
Relevancy 50.74%

Even after completely removing all deleated messages etc., i get the message " to free disc space outlook express can compact messages ". The message appears about every 15 seconds even after i ok to clear.

A:Solved: To free disc space

It appears you would have to go into the registry and that may not even stop the nag.

Why does OE insist on compacting folders when I close it?

OE has a long and troubled history with compacting folders. In the most current version, OE compacts all folders automatically after you open and close the program 100 times. Compacting folders is absolutely essential for maintaining your files in good working order. Therefore,

Do not interrupt the process once it has begun.
It is best not to use your computer at all until the process is complete, which can take a few minutes.
Under no circumstances must you ever use Task Manager to kill the msimn.exe process, or put your computer on Standby, or turn off the power, or use a memory-intensive program while compaction is occurring. Any of those can cause destruction of your files and the loss of your messages.
If you don't like waiting for that 100th closing, you can compact all folders manually at any time. For best results always use this procedure:

On the File menu, click Work Offline so that no new messages will be arriving.
In the Folder list, click on Outlook Express so that no e-mail or news folder is open.
Close the Folder list by clicking the X in the upper right-hand corner of the list panel. Alternatively you can click Layout on the View menu, and then clear the checkbox for "Folder List".
On the File menu, point to Folder, and then click Compact All Folders. Do not use your computer until the process is complete, which might take several minutes.
If an error occurs, close Outlook Express, re-open it, and begin the process again from the top. If the same error occurs again, close Outlook Express, restart your computer (or log off and then log on again), open Outlook Express and then begin the whole process again.
Unfortunately that does not reset the internal counter to zero, so OE will still compact after the 100th closing. You can edit the registry manually to reset the counter, or you can use OE Tool to compact all folders and reset the counter at the same time. To reset it manually:

Close Outlook Express and all message windows.
Click Start, click Run and type without quotes "regedit".
Navigate to this key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{GUID}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0

where GUID is the long number used for your Identity.
In the right-hand pane, double-click "Compact Check Count", then change the value to zero.
Top of page

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-to-free-disc-space.831670/
Relevancy 50.74%

Oops. I meant 'Gained'. =p

Alright, I turned my computer on today and nothing out of the ordinary happened, but I noticed my disc space went from its previous 168GB to 170GB. I assume it's just because it cleared 2GB of uneccecary files. I doubt it's a problem, though, just wanted to ask you guys to make sure.

Also, is it enough to run weekly scans on all my drives with McAfee VirusScan and Windows Defender, or does it have the potential miss things?

A:Just Randomly gained 2GB Disc Space...

I would not worry about 2GB of data. It may be the page file.
I have not run a virus check for months but I do have a virus checker resident to trap virus. I also have spybot search and destroy resident to stop malware.

As to how often you run you virus checker is personal choice. Once a week sounds good to me.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/237366-just-randomly-gained-2gb-disc-space.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys/girls.
Have this Dell Inspiron 1564 notebook that I need to sort out.

It has had very limited use because it is soooo slow to load and has continued "not responding" issues.

It is that bad that I have had to use my laptop to download the programs I need to run on it. It really is that useless. I will try to get the necessary info off it as required.

As usual.....thanks in advance.

A:Another Slow Computer with Low Disc Space

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3956 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 59999 MB, Free - 557 MB; D: Total - 235141 MB, Free - 68964 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0JY92C
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Not Updated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-slow-computer-with-low-disc-space.1154349/