Windows Support Forum

GPO settings, .reg files, local admin versus domain admin

Q: GPO settings, .reg files, local admin versus domain admin

We have a script that installs a program (Office 2007). It then imports some registry file settings. It imports HKLM and HKCU. We have noticed that if this is installed as a local admin, the settings seem to take if we scan the box as a local admin(we are running a security scan to determine this (the security scan checks multiple gpo's supposed to be set by the program/reg imports). If we scan as a domain admin, the system doesn't seem to show they are set. We believe we see the opposite if it's installed as a domain admin. For the domain scan they are set, for the local scan they are not. Does this have to do with how you can change registry entries as a domain admin versus local admin? The registry settings are imported with reg.exe import filename.reg like commands in the .bat script. Any ideas are helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpo-settings-reg-files-local-admin-versus-domain-admin.984826/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: GPO settings, .reg files, local admin versus domain admin

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 85.25%

I've reach a wall...
When a Network User is logged On they get prompted for Admin rights when they try to install something or change a setting... I'd rather them enter the Local Admin account on Windows 7 then giving them a Network Admin info since all the private files associated with that network admin would be available to them... But every prompt is asking for DOMAIN admin

How can I temporally switch the Admin Prompt from DOMAIN to LOCAL?

A:Domain Admin vs Local Admin

Why should users have admin credentials in the first place? Why are you letting them install applications? Or change settings? Your setup makes no sense what so ever.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/188915-domain-admin-vs-local-admin.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Hello here is my case I'm using a laptop I'm using this laptop at office and at home At office I am a domain admin let's say MyDomain MyUser and I use this user to log in to my machine I have added MyDomain MyUser as a local admin of my machine At hime I'm not connected to quot MyDomain quot but I still log in using the account MyDomain MyUser It's ok I can connect But anyway when I'm at home there are some things I cannot do like doing quot cmd admin local Domain user and iisreset quot -- gt must be admin launching a quot visual studio quot solution whena project is registered to Domain user and local admin IIS -- gt must be admin In SQL Server I cannot do some modification when I log as windows authentication and even if this user is dbowner As I understand when I'm disconnected of the domain it does not quot really quot recognize me as being an admin any more until he quot can be sure quot it's me by checking in the domain There are some scenario where this is very blocking for me Can I solve that And how Many thanks

A:Domain user and local admin

Welcome to Sevenforums,

I suggest you to have a look at the MS Support for Windows 7:
Windows 7 Solution Center

Do a search for keyword "Domain" (Domain not available) in the "Advanced Search" Tab.
This will display around 1000 results. Readed some and you might find what you're looking for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/104715-domain-user-local-admin.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Hi First time poster here I am (DOMAIN) access No admin local in my first year being in the IT world I was hired in as a helping hand to the Admin here and then he quit Now I find myself in an interesting position as he has not yet been replaced Anyway A machine was recently reformatted and re-added to the domain Even though the computer is located in the proper OU in AD and the user is configured on the machine as a local admin there are still greyed out boxes in many places and she is told she does not have the proper access when she tried to install things from her domain account on the machine We have a guy in that office with full Domain power I kind of wonder if he might have added the machine to the domain and THEN changed the computer name Wouldn t that cause some No local admin access (DOMAIN) kinds of issues I am waiting response from him on that Can t really think of any more relevant details nbsp

A:No local admin access (DOMAIN)

Well, as soon as I posted this the guy responded. He found under documents and settings the username as well as another entry of username.domain, but with standard directories underneath(desktop, favorites, etc). Problem seems to have gone away. I'm still curious why the two user profiles were created. Maybe he added her user name during OS installation?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-local-admin-access-domain.695548/
Relevancy 107.5%

I've done this before on NT, but I don't remember how. I'd also like to do it in 2K/XP.

If I had to guess, it would be in NT's musrmgr, but it's not.

Relevancy 107.5%

Hey guys I have yet another problem question I am trying to catch up on all the little jobs that I have been putting off for the last in Domain a Admin Local Account few months Todays job is locking down security The company that created our main application keeps the servers it runs on maintained and up to date so they need to have full admin access to the servers it runs off Now they connect to us using our Citrix system and up until now they have Local Admin Account in a Domain had Domain admin status I know this shouldnt be done but we have a very good relationship with them So today I figured I would remove their domain admin status and make it so they are admins of the servers they need to be therefore limiting what they have access to I would normally sort this out by going to the machine they will be working on and adding the user id to the Local Administrators group however when I go into control panel on the servers they do not have a quot useres and computers quot option So my question is how can I make them admin of the servers and not have access anywhere else on the network nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-admin-account-in-a-domain.372504/
Relevancy 106.21%

Hello I am a Network Administrator at a local school On a certain number of machines when I am logged in as the user and attempt to install software it simply tells me that I need to have administrator privileges and prevents me from installing anything so in other words no administrator login prompt which is what I am looking for - simply type in the password and move forward Now on most PC's this works fine I click to install software the admin login information pops up I type in my administrator login and password it installs and everyone is happy How do I fix this for the machines users that do not prompt me for this local admin question login domain PS I should also add that the PC's are in fact on the domain and local domain admin login question I can log into the administrator login by logging off the user and into the administrator account but i'd like to be able to install software directly from the users profile and not switch to the administrator login which some PC's I can and others it tells me I local domain admin login question need admin privileges

A:local domain admin login question

I bet this is what you are looking for

User Account Control (UAC) - Change Prompt Behavior for Standard Users

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/379186-local-domain-admin-login-question.html
Relevancy 106.21%

My computer is member of "Domain Computers".
My domain account is member of "administrator".
When i logg into my computer with my domain user account i have although NOT administrator priviligies.

ex: i get this message when run: devmgmt.msc:
"You are logged on as a standard user. You can view device settings in Device Manager, but you must be logged on as an administrator to make changes."

What can i do to get admin rights.
I will do everything to avoid logging in to local computer with local user.

A:i have no domain admin rights on local computer

Quote: Originally Posted by nettmester

My computer is member of "Domain Computers".
My domain account is member of "administrator".
When i logg into my computer with my domain user account i have although NOT administrator priviligies.

ex: i get this message when run: devmgmt.msc:
"You are logged on as a standard user. You can view device settings in Device Manager, but you must be logged on as an administrator to make changes."

What can i do to get admin rights.
I will do everything to avoid logging in to local computer with local user.

Hi NM,

If your the domain administrator, make sure the existing domain group policy (designed for XP or Vista) is not being applied to your Win7 machine as its about the only thing can be reverting your permissions.

Steven

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/62601-i-have-no-domain-admin-rights-local-computer.html
Relevancy 106.21%

Hi all We have unfortunately just ended up a domain admin in etc. accounts Local group with our first Vista machine here at work and mins into my setup Ive Local admin group accounts in a domain etc. already run into a question Dell Vista Business joined into our domain Having googled around a bunch I understand that the local admin account is disabled upon install I found a tip that recommended running cmd as admin and net user administrator password net user administrator activate yes I performed this got command Local admin group accounts in a domain etc. successful returned from both but when I try to login as lt compname gt Administrator the login or Local admin group accounts in a domain etc. try to use the same to perform any tasks on the system I get denied and am told bad user or pw I ran user setup as domain admin and confirmed that my local user account is part of the administrator group found that the local Administrator account was still set as disabled so I cleared the disabled checkbox Im too paranoid to use quot Set password quot however in case my prior password did somehow work it doesnt appear to have and by then Setting Password I d be screwing my admin account of its encrypted files do I even have any if the accounts never been logged into Yknow what started all this Trying to delete Adobe Speed Launcher and Dell Network Manager from the Startup in the start menu cause god forbid I do that without being a bloody domain admin Suggestions as to why my local user account lets call it bob can t do any admin functions though Im part of Adminstrators group locally What have I done wrong as far as setting up Local Admin Can I indeed Set Password safely on local admin thanks Brett nbsp

A:Local admin group accounts in a domain etc.

Why fight the system? Use an account other than the "Administrator" account. It would appear Vista just isn't designed for that to be a user account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-admin-group-accounts-in-a-domain-etc.651460/
Relevancy 106.21%

Hello, I am on a domain at my job and amd setting up a laptop for a user. We always set everyone up on the domain, but I am wanting to set up a local admin account, not on our domain so they cannot access all of our files. What is the best way to go about this?

A:Creating a local admin account NOT on domain

Hello Mike,

I don't have any experience with domains, but you might see if the local built-in elevated Administrator account may work for this.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306910-creating-local-admin-account-not-domain.html
Relevancy 104.92%

I have a domain network with about 25 XP workstations. Currently they are all local admin users. We want to try to stop them loading unapproved software and other junk. Can I remove the local admin rights and just make them a standard user? If they are set as a standard user will the Windows Updates still install without entering an admin password?? Also, what about Java and Adobe updates? What is the best way to handle this?

thanks

Relevancy 104.92%

hi,

I work in a school with a CC3 (RM) network basically modified windows xp and 2000, i have joined a standard windows xp machine to the domain and added a user on the domain local admins group, however when this user logs in they can see the c drive and access other usually restricted parts of windows what they can not do is change the screen resolutions or right click on the task bar.

what would cause this to happen? my understanding is that once the user is in the local admin group they should have full access to everything on that laptop and rm will not supplt support because they do not support standard windows.

there is no way to block this kind of use from active directory is there ??

Relevancy 104.06%

Hi We upgraded our desktops from Windows XP to Windows Admin Local Admin Group Rights local without Assign with Windows XP we used the resource kit s CDROMLOCK EXE to lock down CD and DVD Once installed a user had to be in the local administrators group to access a CD or DVD on that desktop For Windows it is not Windows compatible so I run the EXE in Vista SP- Compatibility mode which works perfect My question With a user in the local admin group they have access to the CD and DVD but also have full access to the desktop which is of concern Does anyone know how to assign a user name Either local Desktop or a Server domain account to a Assign Local Admin Rights without local Admin Group service or Exe Is there a way to either create a folder with full rights and then put the exe in the folder giving the user full admin rights to the folder or assign full admin rights to s single EXE file I am just not sure how Windows controls local admin rights other than the local Admin Group If Assign Local Admin Rights without local Admin Group this is in the wrong group please move Thanks B nbsp

A:Assign Local Admin Rights without local Admin Group

You should be able to right-click on the exe file, then choose properties. On the "Compatibility" tab, there should be a checkbox for "Run as administrator", which you can check (enable) and save settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/assign-local-admin-rights-without-local-admin-group.1123053/
Relevancy 104.06%

Hello admin domain, accounts the Windows 7 looses programs and some local of one In on of the labs I run with dual boot Linux and windows I've been experiencing this issue with PCs Today I noticed one more had this issue They were connected to my windows domain but when I'm going to login Windows 7 looses domain, some programs and one of the local admin accounts the domain connection is gone and one of the local administrators is gone too After resetting the Administrator account password I'm able to login but some of the programs have vanished while others still run The Bios is boot protected so I don't think any user could boot a CD USB to mess with the PC One thing I was thinking was if someone got root privileges in Linux and mount Windows 7 looses domain, some programs and one of the local admin accounts the Windows partition and mess with it But even if someone got the root password how come the administrator and Windows 7 looses domain, some programs and one of the local admin accounts student local accounts still exist Windows restore points are disabled so I think that even if the machines were not shutdown properly they would no rollback to some inconsistent state Has anyone experienced something like this Is this some kind of hacking Thanks and best regards Dave

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/996ae801-34fb-45ce-8c9f-dc7b2b3d83da/windows-7-looses-domain-some-programs-and-one-of-the-local-admin-accounts?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 104.06%

Hello In on of the labs I run with dual boot Linux and windows I've been experiencing this issue with PCs Today I noticed one domain, Windows 7 looses and programs admin some the local of accounts one more had this issue They were connected to Windows 7 looses domain, some programs and one of the local admin accounts my windows domain but today when trying to login there is no domain connection possibility anymore nbsp and one of the local administrators is gone too Local Administrator password is unknown but after resetting it from a linux boot disk nbsp I'm able to login but some of the programs have vanished while others still run The Bios is boot protected so I don't think any user could boot a CD USB to mess with the PC One thing I was thinking was if someone got root privileges in Linux and mount the Windows partition and mess with it But even if someone got the root password how come the administrator and student local accounts still exist Windows restore points are disable so I think that even Windows 7 looses domain, some programs and one of the local admin accounts if the machines were not shutdown properly they Windows 7 looses domain, some programs and one of the local admin accounts would no rollback to some inconsistent state Has anyone experienced something like this Is this some kind of hacking Thanks and best regards Dave

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/35e94bcd-da72-44e9-a9cc-3b9b4a04e6bc/windows-7-looses-domain-some-programs-and-one-of-the-local-admin-accounts?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 104.06%

I am having a strange problem on a Windows XP system that is on the domain. I installed Windows XP on this system and added my group as administrator and created a local admin ID. The user was ok and able to use his system but then after a reboot was unable to logon to his system using his cached domain acct. and I was unable to logon using the admin id. Has anyone seen this before? If so or not any ideas on how to fix it remotely.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-logon-using-cached-domain-acct-or-local-admin.408861/
Relevancy 104.06%

DC: Win Server 2003
Laptops: Win7 Pro

When joining a set of laptops to the domain it prompts for domain admin credentials and appears to be successful, but gives an error of 'Changing the Primary Domain DNS name of this computer to " " failed. The name will remain domain.local
The error was:

The RPC Server is unavailable.

When attempting to add Domain Users to the local administrators group:
Windows cannot process the object with the name "domain users" because of the following error:
The RPC server is unavailable.
This happens even when wired on the network. I have tried uncommenting the localhost line in HOSTS, and manually adding the DNS server (which is also the DC).

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

A:RPC error adding domain users to local admin group

Have you checked the RPC service on the server? Manually stop and restart it as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451145/rpc-error-adding-domain-users-to-local-admin-group/
Relevancy 104.06%

Hi, we upgraded from sbs2003 server to sbs2008 server. We removed the pc from the old domain and then added it to the new domain. Something went wrong after we joined the new domain it doesn't see the new domain for login and the local Administrator account has been disabled. The only account available is the guest account. Is there a way to enable the local administrator account again?

A:Can't login to local admin account after joining sbs2008 domain

You can try this but without any slides or full explanation.. I don't know....

If you can go into a user account with administration rights than you can go into command prompt and type:

Note: elevate the dos command to admin

net user administrator /active:yes

If you cannot log into an admin account: than you have to boot into dos from a bootable CD

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/138328-cant-login-local-admin-account-after-joining-sbs2008-domain.html
Relevancy 104.06%

I want to install Windows Ultimate on my college laptop which has XP SP and is part of the school domain I am a local admin on my PC meaning i can install uninstall programs Also admin, boot? a dual i part of Local domain..can college every time i start my PC i am required to log in with a user and password as otherwise i can not start it My HD is divided into two partitions C and D Windows XP is installed in C and Local admin, part of a college domain..can i dual boot? i was thinking of installing Windows on D Will this cause any issues with my college domain Once i tried to change the domain and i was not able to log in in my PC anymore I would Local admin, part of a college domain..can i dual boot? not like to reach to that problem again I did this on my home computer where i have no restrictions and i was able to dual-boot beautifully Please Local admin, part of a college domain..can i dual boot? let me know if this can be done and if yes what are some issues that i should be aware of Thanks

A:Local admin, part of a college domain..can i dual boot?

First things first; Does the computer belong to you personally, or is it assigned to you by the college ??

From what you're describing, it sounds like its theirs which means you should leave it alone and not tamper with it.

Having said that, ask your college IT department. They might be willing to help you out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/167643-local-admin-part-college-domain-can-i-dual-boot.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Acessing your account. Can the admin use AD or a domain service to over ride the local policy?

A:When setting a local login policy to block a domain admin from accessi

vvcmarttech, sorry but domain admins in the AD can do most anything they want. No hiding from them.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310138-when-setting-local-login-policy-block-domain-admin-accessi.html
Relevancy 101.91%

Hi,
I am working on a 2012 ADDS based network and I have the following requirement.
I want to create a local administrator user account on the local domain computers (Win XP, 7 and 8) which will have full access on the PC but not the permission to edit other local administrator accounts.
Please advise how I can achieve this.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

A:local admin account with no permit to edit other admin accounts

Local admin account by definition has access to everything and even if it doesn't it can take ownership and give itself the rights. In other words i am not sure that you can achieve what you
are trying to do.

I would suggest create a single shared local admin account and give it your desktop admins, change the password every 60-90 days to keep it more secure. This is common practice in many
organizations.

http://www.dannyeckes.com/create-local-admin-group-policy-gpo/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/125eabac-06f7-45ee-9792-f642c82eab2e/local-admin-account-with-no-permit-to-edit-other-admin-accounts?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 97.61%

I am connected to the domain at work. Is it possible for the domain admin to view my files without my knowledge?

Is $C meant for this?...

Relevancy 94.6%

So a new box recently built, when booted, defaults to the local administrator account.

This is a Windows 7 machine for a Linux guru that doesn't want to be bothered pressing more buttons than is necessary, if you get my drift.

So my question is, after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del...how do I dictate to Windows that the preferred used is "HisDomainAccount" on our company domain, as opposed to the local admin account?

If I'm not being clear, please let me know and I will try to explain a little better.

A:Strange Defult Login User Prompt - Local Admin, Not Domain User

Quote: Originally Posted by Norwood

So a new box recently built, when booted, defaults to the local administrator account.

This is a Windows 7 machine for a Linux guru that doesn't want to be bothered pressing more buttons than is necessary, if you get my drift.

So my question is, after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del...how do I dictate to Windows that the preferred used is "HisDomainAccount" on our company domain, as opposed to the local admin account?

If I'm not being clear, please let me know and I will try to explain a little better.

The above is a bit confusing. Is this computer joined to a work domain or is it not?

If this is a domain computer, the user will have to use the classic log on screen (Ctrl+Alt+Delete), not the Welcome Screen. If he wants to switch to logging in to the Local computer account and not the domain, he'll have to "Switch User" then log in with the format of Computername\User Name

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208916-strange-defult-login-user-prompt-local-admin-not-domain-user.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi everyone Here is my latest Vista woe s Dell Inspiron gbRAM gb HDD Core duo T GHz Vista Home Prem - auto update AvastHome Windows Defender AVGAntispyware RUBotted Threatfire Some background I have profiles on the machine Admin which is my original Admin account I've used it to install apps etc Basic which is my everyday non-admin profile that I use for just about everything New Admin files Admin can't App Admin - Permissions Problems / Install UAC, Public / access which is a new admin account I created for trouble shooting but it has the same problems that the original one has There are basic issues I'll use one particular instance as an example but it's not the only instance AND it's an intermittent issue - sometimes problem happens sometimes it doesn't Ten minutes after this instance I downloaded and installed an app and it ran fine In my Basic profile I downloaded Skype and saved the file to my Public Downloads folder I right-clicked quot run as administrator quot Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files to try and install Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files and got this error Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item I tried just clicking it to run it without quot run as administrator quot and got the same error I did some searching on the error and found some postings elsewhere but most were very old and in WinXP instead of Vista but I tried investigating the things mentioned in those posts - I ran the AVG scan and removal tool for the Gaelicum A virus - it didn't find anything - I checked the properties of the file and it did not say anything about coming from another computer and needing to be unblocked - I logged out of my Basic profile and logged into my Admin profile and all the same problems happened - I logged into my New Admin profile and all the same things happened In my New Admin profile I copied the file from the Public Downloads folder and tried pasting it into my New Admin's own Downloads folder and got this error Destination Folder Access Denied You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file NOTE This happened IN MY ADMIN PROFILE Click quot Continue quot and get this message User Account Control Windows needs your permission to continue If you started this action continue File Operation Microsoft Windows AD - - - - B BDB E Click quot continue quot and the installer begins It runs a while and then I get this message the dialog box says its a message from Skype but I've gotten similar messages from other software I've tried to install Cannot write the installation package on the disk Please make sue that you have the necessary disk space available There are GB available on this disk This is not a new problem so I can't think to associate it with any particular software change and so 'restoring' to an earlier time isn't helpful because it's not tied to any particular time that I can identify I haven't changed hardware AND the associated issue at least I think it's associated is that sometimes installing apps in one profile doesn't flow thru to the other profiles and I can't find any rhyme or reason to that - I've had this happen whether I install the apps while in my Admin account while in my Basic account and using quot run as administrator quot to install or whether I'm in my Admin account and using quot run as administrator quot EVEN THOUGH I'm IN MY ADMIN account because some apps seem to require that kind of thing Then the icons for that app won't show up in different profiles' start menus I can't even search for the apps - have to sometimes dig into C xx to find an executable to create a shortcut Sometimes then trying to run the app and I'm talking about something basic like maybe a PDF viewer or something like that it says I need administrator permissions to run it I'm so tired of all this Can someone please help me I'm ... Read more

A:Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files

Helloooooo??? Anybody out there?

I'd really appreciate any help you can offer me.

[UPDATE] incidentally, since writing this I have been able to install a couple of other small apps (but have also run into the same problem on a couple of others).

Thanks
Buck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-admin-permissions-app-install-uac-admin-cant-access-public-files-260867.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi guys when my pc gets to the first screen where you choose your account my admin account has changed from my name to 'Other user' and when I click on it it asks for a username and password. Also trying to access files from the admin account when it prompts me with a password I enter it and the dialogue box goes away as if it has accepted the password but does not let me access the files. Any help appreciated thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381483-admin-account-corrupted-cant-access-files-using-admin-p-w.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello all, new user here.

I've had this problem happen to me before and I fixed it the first time. But I just can't seem to remember what to look for now or how to fix it so hopefully you guys can help.

I had to restart my computer to more or less refresh it because it was running slow after being on for a while. But instead of restarting normally, chkdsk ran and then when Windows came up, I had lost some of my previous files and settings and I have forgotten how to get them restored.

I'm running WinXP Pro 2002. Thanks for the help in advance!

A:Missing Admin Account Files/settings

Did you try running chkdsk /f /r - the switches will attempt to repair the issues that chkdsk found. My concern is that, if this is a "regular" thing, then there's something wrong deeper in the PC, and that you may eventually end up losing this data/files/settings permanently.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102656/missing-admin-account-filessettings/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi After Dell support tried to troubleshoot some network card issues they downloaded creating admin Malware appdata/local/temp files hijacking rights in & a buncha stuff including windows updates and drivers but also f-d some stuff up because after that my McAfee stopped working and Dell said it was a bug with McAfee that they were seeing a lot and uninstalled it paid version mind you and said to ignore it At the same Malware creating files in appdata/local/temp & hijacking admin rights time they replaced the MB and ever since then I've been having issues with my MB sound where the sound from the speakers L and R come out of only the L integrated onboard speaker However if I plug in headphones into the jack then it properly plays L sound from L headphone and R sound from R headphone Dell keeps trying to get me to download this and that to try and solve the issue and I am worried that they are causing some of my problems Especially since the last series of updated they made to my drivers somehow made my McAfee not work at all and they disabled it Which is exactly the same time frame that all the files popped up in my temp folder I have no idea if any of this is related or just coincidental Then a week or so after I noticed my laptop's hard drive space got sucked in half with a small SSD it was clear something was wrong I noticed in my appdata local temp there are dozens of zip files being made each day named Temp - followed by a personal file folder name through Temp -xx everyday that I turn on my computer and it goes online it seems to generate a new series of these folder copies In addition I also see folders created titled Temp blinkyappRsrc en-US zip and Temp obsidianappRsrc en-US zip A during the last few weeks I did get the BS error with some sort of kernel error message that I unfortunately do not have a picture of It was when Dell was trying to troubleshoot my computer and downloaded some drivers I am not sure if it was a valid error or not but I thought I would just mention it Opening task manager there are multiple instances of the following running processes WmiPrvSE exe instances chrome exe instances nvvsvc exe svchost exe dllhost exe varies csrss exe This is a Dell xps z running Windows with Avast and having run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware quick and full-no malware was found CCleaner has been run error checking Something just isn't adding up I would greatly appreciate any assistance AVAST detected a Win Trojan john exe in some of those temp files but has moved them to sandbox also i noticed that there were approx files folders in appdata local temp that I was not able to delete when i tried it told me i need admin rights well i'm the main account and only admin account holder so i couldn't understand why under my account as admin i am not given security to access those files so I checked the permissions and i saw home users and an unknown account S- - - - - - - both having permissions in addition to my account guest and administrators I deleted the unknown account and am doing a search on the user name on my C drive to see if I see it anywhere else so far it is showing up in C Windows Tasks as a GoogleUpdateTaskUserS- - - - - - UA job protected lock icon C Windows Tasks as a GoogleUpdateTaskUserS- - - - - - Core job protected lock icon SARVI- Z Users Guest AppData Roaming Microsoft Protect S- - - - - - - SARVI- Z Users Sarvi AppData Roaming Microsoft Crypto RSA S- - - - - - - C ProgramData Microsoft PlayReady Cache not shared protected lock icon C Users Guest AppData Roaming Microsoft Protect S- - - - - - - shared C ProgramData Microsoft Application Virtualization Client SoftGrid Client AppFS Storage ENU- - - GlblVol sftfs v S- - - - - - - pkg C ProgramData Microsoft Application Virtualization Client SoftGrid Client AppFS Storage ENU- - - GlblVol sftfs v S- - - - - - - tmp Any help would be greatly appreciated This is my only computer and I need it as it is my only method to work thanks again in advance for a... Read more

A:Malware creating files in appdata/local/temp & hijacking admin rights

also as I stated, this is a SSD and I hate to think what all this adding/deleting is doing to the lifespan of the drive. if I even have a drive to save anymore since I can't seem to find what the heck has infected the system.

please any help would be greatly appreciated! I really need this computer in order to work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494585/malware-creating-files-in-appdatalocaltemp-hijacking-admin-rights/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi,

I have a domain joined windows 7pro (64bit) not able to connect to shared folder on a non domain joined pc with windows 7pro (32bit). Only public folders are accessible. I get a do not have permission message, I tried adding the domain\user to share permissions but domain is not recognized on the non domain-joined pc.

Does my domain admin have access to the homegroup and the shared folders on the home pc?

What are my options for access to a non public secure folder on the non domain pc from the domain joined pc.

Sorry for the awkward description, don't know how else to describe the situation.

my apologies if these questions were addressed elsewhere, I could not find any relevant threads.

Thanks

A:Domain joined pc, does domain admin have access to my homegroup

Hi Takatso, welcome to sevenforums. As I read you post, it looks like you are logged into your domain joined PC as a domain user is this correct? If so, your PC will be treated as acting as a part of the domain. If you then try and connect to another pc at home, there will be a problem as your home pc is not recognised by the domain pc as part of the domain. You should set yourself up a user account on the domain pc whilst it is NOT connected to the domain, login to the new account whilst not on the domain and then try sharing the folders with the non-domain pc.

No, your does not have access on the home computer as they are part of the domain and not the homegroup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/168990-domain-joined-pc-does-domain-admin-have-access-my-homegroup.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I hope someone can help me Just this morning i booted up as normal and the always annoying UAC stopped when account admin admin Admin checked! is even being notifications kept Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! popping up I was sure i had disabled these Then i went to use my music software and it said that this account Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! didn't have admin privileges I checked my user account and the check box states that is is an admin account and that UAC is turnd off i only have one account anyways Ive looked on google extensively Tried making new profiles and copy the old one over but that only worked to a certain point - lots of programs didn't work lost mail settings etc Not really workable Tried system restore to no avail Tried using the vista admin account and changing my account - rebooting - etc No change My guess is that something has got Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! corrupt in my user profile and windows is not remembering that i should be an admin I can't use my software and i have a deadline Any one who can help will win a magical prize or something Jen

A:Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked!

Welcome
Should be easy, create a New Administrator account and give it permissions to use the software.
User Account - Create
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html
Procedure for Seven is the Same as For Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294399-admin-account-stopped-being-admin-even-when-admin-checked.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 86.86%

I'd like to assign a few select "domain users" to be local admin over their test machines which log into a domain. The test machines are Windows 7 64bit and the domain is Win2k8 R2. I have been searching around for the best way to do it but I've come up short on my search.

Anyone know off the top of their head?

Thanks

A:Assigning "domain user" to "local admin" on select PCs

Create a new group in AD, for example, TestUsers
Add the required users to the group
Go round each machine and add the group as a member of local admins.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/47604-assigning-domain-user-local-admin-select-pcs.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi guys I am very new to this and I may not even have worded my problem correctly but I'll tell you what it is and if anyone can solve it I would be very grateful because I am at the limit of my windows knowledge here I am needing to set up a new set can i a not new to connected admin domain?? How i'm my if up administrator on my laptop running Windows Ultimate The problem I'm having is when you try to create a new account it asks for a domain name First of all - the only domains I am familiar with are website domains and I am assuming this is How can i set up a new admin if i'm not connected to my domain?? a different kind of domain similar to How can i set up a new admin if i'm not connected to my domain?? a workgroup or something I've read It seems my computer is attached to a domain which I have the name for now - found in the computers properties page When I use this name for the domain when creating a new administrator account it gives me the error The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed Here's the twist - This computer and I guess domain were set up in Australia I am now in America trying to add this new admin should this cause a problem Is the domain an online network thing that it needs to connect to to operate and if so do I have to literally be on the same internet network modem to be connected to the domain Really lost here but trying to find a way around this work out if I am screwed and can't do it from America I've attached pics of the process I'm going through Step Step Step https sphotos-a xx fbcdn net hphot n jpg Step https fbcdn-sphotos-h-a akamaihd n n jpg Thnks in advance

A:How can i set up a new admin if i'm not connected to my domain??

Generally speaking, To remove the PC from the Domain it must be physically attached to the Domain and someone with Domain Admin privileges must change its membership from Domain to Workgroup.

Although you should be able to change from Domain to a Workgroup but the Domain account will still be there.

The link shows you how to change from a Domain to a Workgroup, I included another picture for clarity.

After changing to a Workgroup you must restart the machine before creating the new Admin account.

Workgroup Name - View and Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/297148-how-can-i-set-up-new-admin-if-im-not-connected-my-domain.html
Relevancy 81.27%

hi everyone.

i have a system in which some files are in sharing.The problem is when i try to access tht sys from the other sys through local admin it wont get connected,if i log in into the domain user or domain admin i can access that computer.
how can i solve tht problem.
domain network
server:win 2000 server

A:local admin

When you're connecting to it, do you remember to prefix the local login with PCNAME\? That is SERVER\administrator or PC1\administrator?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-admin.773275/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi, Just wanted to know if anyone knows of when and if Microsoft are going to present its user community with an Active Directory admin pack for Domains that actually works in Vista both 32 and 64?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ms-domain-admin-pack-on-vista-143770.html
Relevancy 80.84%

i was given a computer xp pro (sp3) that was part of a domain. i do not have access to the domain but i have the administrator password so i'm able to login to the computer. i made the mistake of removing a previous computer without the password.

i think i need to add an user with administrator privileges before changing to my workgroup at home? if so, that would be
1. My computer/manage
2. Local users and groups
3. add a user
4. make that user a member of Administrators

then when i change from the domain to a workgroup i'll be able to login? anything else i need to do?

A:removing from domain; have admin password

If any computer policies were applied, you'll be stuck with those regardless of what account you use. It's always best to do a clean install in this kind of situation. Otherwise you'll likely be fighting with one problem after another.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/removing-from-domain-have-admin-password.1050788/
Relevancy 80.84%

Not ready for prime time :)

Maybe by final release they will have the Office 365 connectivity thing sorted out.
But for now, NEVER use an Office365 email account as your Windows 8 sign in as I did :(

An Office 365 account has this domain characteristic....you[at]you.onmicrosoft.com.
When trying to log-in as the domain administrator you are always greeted with this...
So I set up a couple temporary Local Accounts and was able to log in successfully.

An aside...
When you delete an account, it leaves a 5 empty folder remnant which cannot be deleted.
It takes up 0 bytes, but it still 'bugs' me....sheesh.

Oh well
Windunce

A:Office 365 Admin Domain problems

Did you try running Command Prompt as administrator and do a recursive delete on the folder? I don't know if that will work but that's how I got rid of the Windows.Old folder that many struggled deleting.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/10260-office-365-admin-domain-problems.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi, how can i grant local computer admin rights to the domain users on the same computer? Please help, thanks.

Relevancy 80.84%

ok hear the deal i cant get past this windows domain login screen i got theis computer from a local university and im trying to log in with out reinstaling the OS is there any way or can i recover the passwird and username fro admin bye hooking the drive up to my other laptop as a external drive ive done this before to recover files but i do not know were the file theat would have the local admin password and user name would be any help would be much apreciated.

A:cant login to domain no admin pass available

You need to take this up with whomever is the Admin/IT rep for that domain, IMO.

It is against forum rules to attempt to help someone to circumvent security implementations on a system. BIOS passwords are such.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257779/cant-login-to-domain-no-admin-pass-available/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi, how can i grant local computer admin rights to the domain users on the same computer? Please help, thanks.

Relevancy 80.84%

okay freshly into win now having obtained a new hdd for my comp I have been running as the admin of my computer since accounts became an unavoidable thing barring the occasional frustration-induced blunder I tend to stay Properly Paranoid in my habits to make sure I have no problems but win doesn't think that I could ever be intelligent enough to have full rights on any account other than the built-in admin account which of course I'd want to avoid using outside emergencies that render other accounts damaged somehow so I'm looking to find out how to make another user account with FULL admin rights not just the constantly have to get permission stuff that a standard snort admin account has full rights that don't involve constantly having to run as administrator yes yes I've heard people trying to get me more paranoid so that I'd endure the added hassles all it does is make me more irate with the situation so if noone's willing to provide me with instruction on this it's probably best for the thread to be left to fall off the board

A:of win7, admin rights, admin accounts, and real admin accounts

I don't know what your problem is. To make another administrator account - Start - Control panel - User Account - 
Manage another account - Create a new account - Give it a name - put a check mark for Administrator - 
click - Create Account. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517811/of-win7-admin-rights-admin-accounts-and-real-admin-accounts/
Relevancy 80.41%

I'm trying to set up a dual boot system with Win8, (already installed on a new laptop), and Win 7.
Following instructions from a forum thread I got as far as downloading oscdimg.exe into the Win7_ISO directory.
However whatever I try, full path, etc., I get this error
Code:
oscdimg.exe : The term 'oscdimg.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file,
or operableprogram.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

The command I am trying to run is
Code:
PS C:\Win7 ISO> oscdimg -w4 -os -lWin_7_x64_UEFI_ISO9660 -m -o -n -pEF -e -bc:\Win7 ISO\efi\microsoft\boot\efisys.bin c:\Win7 ISO c:\Win_7_x64_UEFI_ISO9660.iso

It's a steep learning curve

A:Admin powershell will not run local exe

You need to download Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) and install it. After installed, you'll have a Deployment and Imaging Tools Environment tile in the Start Menu, run it as admin.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/21656-admin-powershell-will-not-run-local-exe.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey peeps!

I just installed a W7 system for one of my users and I want him to be local admin. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this. How do I do this?

Thanks so much!

Relevancy 80.41%

citrix administrator logging on locally has no access permissions and cant view drive

Relevancy 80.41%

Have two Administrator accounts, both are shown as "Local. " Cannot delete/change the type of account. Windows keeps telling me I am signed in to the account.
HELP

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/34557-two-local-admin-account.html
Relevancy 80.41%

i am trying to set the local admin PW and set Password never expire I have a working script but i need something that tells me if it fails on screen or to a file with a failed list I have tried a number of things to get the output but I cannot get it right nbsp Any help would be great computers Get-Content -path C PW computers txt password Read-Host -prompt quot Enter new password for user quot -assecurestring confirmpassword Read-Host quot Confirm the password quot -AsSecureString pwd text Runtime InteropServices admin and expire Set never PW to Local Marshal PtrToStringAuto Runtime InteropServices Marshal SecureStringToBSTR password pwd text Runtime InteropServices Marshal PtrToStringAuto Runtime InteropServices Marshal SecureStringToBSTR confirmpassword if pwd text -ne pwd text nbsp nbsp Write-Error quot Entered passwords are Local admin PW and Set to never expire not same Script is exiting quot exit decodedpassword System Runtime InteropServices Marshal PtrToStringAuto System Runtime InteropServices Marshal SecureStringToBSTR password Foreach computer in computers nbsp computer nbsp user adsi quot WinNT env computername administrator quot nbsp user UserFlags value user UserFlags value -bor x nbsp user SetPassword decodedpassword nbsp user SetInfo nbsp James-MS

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5132fa87-eb48-419f-81b8-eef3125fcb3f/local-admin-pw-and-set-to-never-expire?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 80.41%

So I had to send my original schoolcomputer in for repairing My very rude I might add IT-staff at school did not include local admin for the temporary computer I did try to ask him for local admin as I Getting access to local admin need to change certain network-settings in order for my update Getting access to local admin my network-drivers When asking the IT-staff for local admin reasoning with the fact that I cannot access the internet properly due to the drivers not being uptodate they simply wrote me off saying that I didn t need it They did however challenge me get local admin claiming that they wouldn t care as long as I didn t cause any harm to the computer I have a normal local user connected to the schooldomain It is still connected to the domain-name after leaving the schoolnetwork where my username is DOMAIN username I am not able to access BIOS do any changes in group policy or system and naturally all the CMD-commands we did at junior high when we were twelve does not work The BIOS is set to automatically boot from the HDD thus any tricks involving iso files and CD USB-drives will not work How should I go about recovering resetting or removing the local administrator password I am using Windows

A:Getting access to local admin

Sorry, you need to get what you want from your school, not a support site.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473769/getting-access-to-local-admin/
Relevancy 79.98%

I'm setting in user No when admin as logged privileges a domain up a No admin privileges when logged in as a domain user new Dell Vostro with Windows Professional bit preinstalled I was able to connect it to my company's domain and log in as the domain admin I logged in as this No admin privileges when logged in as a domain user computer admin and went to users accounts I added the domain user there and they are part of the administrator group I clicked on the advanced tab up top and went to quot advanced user management quot I clicked groups and opened up quot administrators quot I added quot domain admins quot quot domain users quot and quot domain saleslaptop quot the actual user I did the same by logging in as the domain admin I couldn't add a new folder for hijackthis in quot program files quot without No admin privileges when logged in as a domain user getting an error I can't add a folder in quot c users saleslaptop quot I found this thread Domain users and the super admin account and tried cmd gpupdate force I still have the issues I couldn't install the accounting software by double clicking on the setup exe on the network folder like I normally do I had to right click and quot run as administrator quot I was able to get it to run but it took FOREVER It normally takes minutes I had to leave it going overnight It seemed to keep freezing and took a long time when installing net for my accounting software I can't seem to get the domain user to have administrative privileges It went so smooth when I upgrade my Vostro from Win XP to WIn Pro bit Any suggestions

A:No admin privileges when logged in as a domain user

Since you are on a domain, are you enforcing group policy ? You are making the user account a Local administrator on this computer, but not a Domain Administrator. Group policy will keep this user account from doing some things if the account is just a domain user. I assume that this user will not normally be a domain administrator, is that correct ? In Active Directory on the server, open Active Directory Users and Groups and see what domain groups does this user account belong to ? You may have to temporarily add this user account to one or more administrative groups in AD for this user account to do all the things you want it to be able to do. Try adding this user to the Domain Admins and the Group Policy Creator / Owners groups on the server, then go to the PC and log in as the user. You may need to log in twice before the elevated permissions show up. When done, be sure to remove this user account from the administrative groups in AD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/124941-no-admin-privileges-when-logged-domain-user.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Situation:
Had standalone Windows 10 Pro computer that had
- MS Office 2016 Business loaded
Added this computer to the domain as a standard user.  The staff user was already on the domain as a standard user.
Now when the user loads MS Outlook, it asks for the admin user/password.   

I made the user a administrator of her computer.   No change.
*  Do I need to reload MS 2016?
The exact error message for Outlook is:   "Cannot start MS Outlook.   Cannot open the Outlook Windows.  The set of folders cannot be opened.   Your profile is not configured."    But when I run
as administrator, it works with credentials.
Thanks,
Darryl

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2fb735a6-0dec-4c96-8733-50d58a255730/win-10-pro-using-domain-asks-for-admin-priv-to-run-ms-outlook?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 79.98%

In our organization Environment is Win k Server Ent R x Win XP Pro x the CIO has decided to tighten up our policy amp procedures We have a Help Desk that has a Tier amp level of support Currently the tier amp uses the Builtin Domain Admin account at the workstation level for resolving issues client configuration and troubleshooting We want to create a secondary Junior Domain Administrator account for tier amp to use the workstations This way it keeps prying eyes from the God account PW Domain up Admin Need - suggestions LUA Secondary Setting and allows us to keep the God account the Server level only Rather than adding individual support personnel to a Security Group in AD for this purpose we want to set up one limited blanket account IT personnel to use that has principle of Least Priviledge to User Accounts Using the Run As really doesn t fit Need suggestions - Setting up Secondary LUA Domain Admin our need either We only want this secondary account to have the following capabilities when logging into the workstation level Add Remove Programs Change a User s Profile level Power user Need suggestions - Setting up Secondary LUA Domain Admin standard user etc Configure Change IP amp Network settings the workstation Attach Detach client from Domain What would the best configuration be for this account Add this account to Administrator SG then tighten it up via GPO If GPO is the route what is the best settings to use My CIO asked if it would be easier to set up a local account on each PC and just use that I disagree as clients would be a PITA and we should be able to restrict with GPO I am not that knowledgable to get so granular with GPO s Are many of you using a secondary account for user support the workstation You help and real world solutions would be appreciated Thanks John P S - Any needed clarification on this description - just ask nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-suggestions-setting-up-secondary-lua-domain-admin.657261/
Relevancy 79.98%

Our Windows Domain Cannot 7 Admin Update Users w/o computer network was Windows XP Pro We upgraded the computers to Windows Pro Under XP users were allowed to update without any problems With Windows it prompts for an administrator account The computers already have checked quot Allow all users to install updates on this computer quot However it does indicate on that same screen at the top quot Some settings are managed by your system Windows 7 Domain Users Cannot Update w/o Admin Administrator quot Currently Windows 7 Domain Users Cannot Update w/o Admin it's wanting to install the monthly malware tool but is unable to do so without domain admin's credentials What I'm Windows 7 Domain Users Cannot Update w/o Admin baffled with is that this worked under the WinXP systems but not Win systems Server did not change anything Win Server w active directory Might there be some group policy on the server that wouldn't allow Win computers when WinXP computers worked Or is there something beyond the quot Who can install updates quot option on the computers locally All computers on the network experience this same problem Thank you for any suggestions and taking the time to read this

A:Windows 7 Domain Users Cannot Update w/o Admin

There's an option switch in WU which allows standard users to install updates - it sounds as if it's not been correctly toggled. Check the GPs and see if you can find it in there somewhere.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/340711-windows-7-domain-users-cannot-update-w-o-admin.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi guys, i have a problem, i'm not sure if this issue has been raised or what but here is my problem.My environment:2003 Domain controllerFile and Print server WSUS ServerSQL ServerWindows XP wks2 new Windows 7 wksWhat happens is that when i try to logon to the domain on  the win7 machine as a std user i get error"You cannot log on because the logon method you are using is not allowed on this computer"If i logon with the domain admin account i'm able to logon and also if i make users members of domain admins they are able to logon to the domain. I realy do not believe that this is the way to go because it compromises my network security. Any help will be gladly appreciated.Thanks

A:Non admin users cannot logon to the domain on Windows 7 wks

Symptom: When trying to logon a computer using non administrator ID, you may receive this message: "You cannot log on because the logon method you are using is not allowed on this computer. Please see you network administrator for more details."
Case 1: Group Policy' "Allow log on locally" was not setup to allow users or domain users. To setup allow users or domain users to logon the computer or domain, you need to add the users or domain users to the "Allow log on locally". Please follow these steps to add the users.

1. Run gpedit.msc.2. Expand Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies3. Click on User Rights Assignment4. Ensure that "Allow log on locally" includes Administrators, BackupOperators, Domain Users or Users.

Case 2: Group Policy' "Deny log on locally"  was setup to deny users or domain users. To setup allow users or domain users to logon the computer or domain locally, "Deny log on locally" should be empty or no users or domain users in the list. Please follow these steps to remove the users or domain users from the "Deny log on locally".

1. Run gpedit.msc.2. Expand Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies3. Click on User Rights Assignment4. Ensure that "Deny log on locally" is empty.

Case 3: The local group policy allow user to logon. However, domain group policy which overrides local policy doesn't allow users to logon locally. The resolution is modify the domain policy to allow users to logon locally.

Case 4:  The domain policy allows domain users to logon locally, but the local policy doesn't and the domain policy doesn't apply to the computer. The fix is running gpupdate to force to update the domain policy.
Case 5: Norton Firewall blocks the communication between the client and domain controller. The solution is disabling Norton firewall or re-configuring it to allow to access the domain controller.MCSE, MCSA, MCDST
[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0f750de8-d56e-4951-a2b1-839e55934745/non-admin-users-cannot-logon-to-the-domain-on-windows-7-wks?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 79.98%

We have several Win 2000 servers tied into a domain. What I want to do is make a local admin only account on one of the servers, but when you make an account it's automatically domain admin.

Any ideas on how to do this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/non-domain-admin-account-on-win2k-server.565894/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey all I have recently installed Windows on my development machine at work primarily in order to test it and get a feel for it and all the little things that can go wrong before the IT department I work for roll it out to all the other employees at the company They're still on XP SP Unfortunately I'm experiencing several crippling issues caused by admin super and the Domain users account the stricter administration Domain users and the super admin account model used in Windows and Vista for that matter compared to Windows XP We have programs crashing or refusing to install or run because they were designed for XP and require admin rights So when they're unable to acquire them from Windows the programs throw exceptions An example of this is Trend Micro OfficeScan a popular antivirus program used in many companies This program is caused to install by start-up scripts that are run when you log on to your computer using your domain username and credentials but the installer crashes because the domain user is not a local super admin And that's the core of this question I want my domain user to have full administrative privileges I've done a lot of research on this particular problem and I realize it's possible to activate a special super admin-account that has full access to everything on the computer but that workaround doesn't cut it for me because the only thing that accomplishes is to make the super admin account available for login but the super admin account is not a domain user at my company's network it is a local user It doesn't have access to the company's network resources and therefore it is useless to me What I want is for my domain user and credentials to have super admin privileges Is that possible in Windows I am essentially looking for a way to elevate any user of a system to have the same privileges as the super admin account I realize this is a potential security risk because everybody and everything has access to installing everything on the system but frankly the amount of software that Windows 's security model causes to malfunction due to too strict security features is too high a price to pay In many cases it corresponds to pulling the network cable out of the wall Sure you won't get attacked by malware but you won't get any work done either Any and all help appreciated

A:Domain users and the super admin account

Due to the Dual token design of the security model in use you will have issues with applications designed for the older model.

The solution to this need not be an all or nothing one however, It should be possible to give the required installer rights to the user group(s) concerned, directly.

This may be done universally to the complete program files folder(s) or more usefully to individual folders for the older problem apps.

I have seen situations where a non working older program can be made to work/Install by the granting a standard user full access rights to a single settings file or to the installation folder.

Depending on what you desire as a company you can make some groups allowed to install some software or not just by the application of the correct rights, In a domain environment this is of course a lot easier than a peer to peer set up.

Unfortunately due to the developers taking the easy way out with regards to administrative rights with XP there will be some re-thinking required by those tasked with moving to a more secure modern OS. This is quite possible though there will be a learning curve.

The main issue with application installation is not the need for a "super" admin but the "trusted user" used by UAC to protect the Program store. by taking ownership of the role of this "User" most if not all issues may be resolved.

Full information on the Trusted Installer scenario is available from Microsoft on technet - or of course by many independents

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/24035-domain-users-super-admin-account.html
Relevancy 79.98%

hi, when i log on to a employes PC, and run an elevated CMD(admin) and type my admin logons. on the same doamin we both are belong to.

then i dont get allow to change from disk C: to disk V:.

but if i rin a normal CMD then i can change disk. but then i dont get the rights to install a script. i change disk by typing V: dont work

i have seen that some type cd /D V:\ - <-- what does the /D stands for?

A:cannot change disk from C: to V: with admin right on a domain network

Quote: Originally Posted by Lehani

i have seen that some type cd /D V:\ - <-- what does the /D stands for?

Not sure about the main issue, but the /D means "change drive". You should use it when changing to a path on another drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/250868-cannot-change-disk-c-v-admin-right-domain-network.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I m new to this forum am not a techie don t think I m asking for help in doing anything illegal so to How laptop rights back to add admin w/o domain please let me know if anyone can help me I stupidly followed someone s advice to rename my work computer laptop in order to bypass admin rights and now I can t log on to laptop to set it back to how it was originally My laptop was set up as a network computer that required my network login to How to add laptop back to domain w/o admin rights gain access to Windows XP Professional So since I renamed my computer and removed myself from the domain it will no longer allow me to log on to my laptop at all I tried to boot up in safe mode so that I could try to set it back to how it was but it still comes up with the Windows login screen that won t accept my network login Is there anyway that I can bypass this in order to put myself back onto the domain without having to admit to my IT department what I did nbsp

A:How to add laptop back to domain w/o admin rights

Talk to your work's IT department.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-add-laptop-back-to-domain-w-o-admin-rights.859497/
Relevancy 79.98%

Dear All,

My network environment is DC, I donot have a domain admin acc (our IT corp manages DC). But I want to update our client's IE to V11 from existing V8, I have a same local admin accounts on these client PC with Win 7 Pro SP1 (32-bit), so whether I
can deploy IE V11 to all our client PCs automatically?

Thanks for your help in advance!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e5d638d2-64fc-4255-9d90-9fa8ff7a10ff/how-to-update-ie-v11-from-v8-automatically-without-domain-admin-account?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi ,
We have a domain controller with 2008 server and many systems with windows 7 enterprise.

Now my users are using dot net and sharepoint in their system , so i need to make those users as local administrator to their sharepoint and dotnet smoothly. Now if they are local administrator , they are installing programs on their own..which is not a
good practice.

Is their a way that I can configure my user can run only dot net and sharepoint as administrator and not be able to install or remove any programs on their local system

please help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ce20ab3e-3f37-4c39-971f-1f8d8b83aa29/run-programs-without-making-local-admin?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi guys I have a problem, one of my clients has lost his password and the local admin password is set, so I cannot login to his pc at all to reset the password.
Can you guys recommend some FREE password reset programs for the local admin account, so that I can help him out. Thanks, Im looking in the meantime while I look at your posts

A:Reset XP local admin password

Hello Alex,

The one in METHOD THREE in the tutorial below will also work for XP.

Reset User Account Password

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/software/261676-reset-xp-local-admin-password.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi

I had a problem with a windows 7 laptop on our network, to sort the problem i took the laptop of the domain, with the idea of remote desktop back in to add to the domain again. My problem is the local admin account was not enabled, i now have no way of loggin into the machine.

I have tried "manage - connect to another computer" I am able to see the menu, but "local users and groups" has a red x through it telling me accessed is denied.

Is there way of enabling the local admin acount remotely?

thanks in advance

A:Local admin acount locked out

Not without having some type of administrative access to that computer remotely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/110283-local-admin-acount-locked-out.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi guys I ve a question regarding local admin group management Suppose a user is responsible for managing some application installed on a server The user doesn t normally need to change server configuration like IP address time settings and so i e privileges For Microsoft applications like SharePoint or for servers like IIS I can use the preconfigured groups But suppose we local group management admin re talking about some third party application and I can t know for sure what kind of access the user need Maybe the user need to install something and thus require modify permission to some files also the installation may local admin group management need to change some registry values and configure services For example one of the application owners in my organization needs to connect some constructor to perform some maintenance on a server Of course I can limit his access but what if he need perform installation of software or change some registry In any case the application owner will local admin group management have to find some system administrator to connect him with the needed level of access So as we can see I need to find a way to combine permissions and privileges My question is what is the correct approach in this situation Are there any best practices or guide lines for this issue I ve searched many forums but wasn t able find some clear approach and best practices Is it acceptable to give application owner or developers local admin permissions Maybe it s the way to go and I m wasting my time here What is the common way to deal with this situation Is it acceptable to give a user local admin rights or should an IT person connect the user with elevated permissions when required Any information or reference to information in this matter will be really appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:local admin group management

A developer would only have admni rights to a test server in a test network where he can try out his application. Then when the application is ready, he writes the procedures down and hand it over to the IT admin who handle all administration of the application on the live serer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-admin-group-management.1060515/
Relevancy 79.55%

This problem occurs on a local, non-USB HDD.

I recently formatted my computer, installing Windows 8. And I realized one of my HDDs was acting weird. It doesn't allow Chrome to save files, it asks for UAC permissions when I try to delete, move or rename files. I looked it up, decided it was about ownership and permissions. Permissions were already set, full control. But ownership was wrong so I fixed it, rebooted my computer and problem still persists at the moment.
When I right click and go to the properties of a folder, it says "Read only". When I uncheck it and Apply, it "applies" it to the subfolders with a loading bar but it still remains "Read only".
Any ideas? I hope this isn't asked too often, I searched but couldn't find any satisfactory topics.
Thanks in advance.

A:Local HDD asking for admin permissions after format

I actually just solved the problem, sorry for posting this but here is the solution:

Don't take for granted that Windows understands you are in the authenticated users, administrators or users group and gives you full control. Add your username specifically by editing the permissions for your HDD and give yourself full permissions.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/26391-local-hdd-asking-admin-permissions-after-format.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I was setup to login as an 'administrator' to my laptop with my domain account.
I was removed from being a local admin by a change in group policy.
Now when something is marked for elevation to 'run as an administrator', if i select to do so, it will not give me the login window to supply my admin account credentials.
the only work around i have is to shift-right click and chose 'run as another user' and run then put in my admin account.
i would like to restore this to normal function.
any ideas?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b64854cd-5b96-4a56-b0f9-64f894919201/removed-from-local-admin-uat-not-working?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 79.55%

Folks I have a network laptop with local admin priviledges When I gave the laptop to our IT department to configure the unit as a corporate network laptop I had set up a local admin account on the unit However when the system was returned to me the local account admin XP Windows local admin account on the laptop had been changed to Debugger Users group Anyway in addition to my Windows XP local admin account local Admin account corporate IT also has a Windows XP local admin account local admin account that they use to administer corporate network computers I removed my local admin account from the Debugger Users group hoping to move it into the local admin users group However this is not panning out Although my local admin account will Windows XP local admin account log on locally onto the laptop it currently has no local group membership on the laptop I think I now have two options Call IT Dept to remotely log onto my laptop and move the account I created as a local admin account which currently has no local group membership or use linux utility to remove the password set on their local group account in other to have administrator priviledges on my laptop so that I can move my local admin account currently with no local group membership to local administrators group on my laptop and ask them to reset that password after or call IT Dept to do it Any ideas I prefer not to call IT Dept on this one Thanks in advance Joe nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

I was having some network issues that I thought I could resolve by un-joining the domain and then re-joining it (I'm Using Vista Business x32). When I un-joined the domain it also removed my local administrative accounts! I can no longer make any changes since I now just have the 'Guest' account and my newly created 'GregPa' account with just Guest priviledges - drat! I have been limping along, but now have a new DNS server that I can't change the IP to point at the new one. Anyone out there that can help?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/190043-lost-local-admin-accounts.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Friends most of the tutorials amp helps I see for quot sharing quot between and XP are just that setting up a simple share on xp that can be used by other LAN users That's not what I need or want I'm setting up an XP Pro SP system as a server] on admin local Authenticate as a XP [as server and I want to be able to access virtually everything on that XP system - old files folders as well as new ones I am creating Simple sharing of quot Share quot is working fine but that's just the start I think this is Authenticate as a local admin on XP [as server] the right question but I may be mistaken Authenticate as a local admin on XP [as server] I want to authenticate across the LAN to the XP server as a local user with administrative rights in other words pass the credentials over so I am logged into that system as a local user Authenticate as a local admin on XP [as server] I do not care about remote-desktop per se that is passing the bit maps across the wire taking control of the functions - just simply having the permissions of the local I have tried going folder-by-folder on the xp system and setting each one I will need access to as shared but that approach seems to be the very thing that entangles so many users resulting in a million threads being posted on the subject When I follow the myriad quot fixes quot that are out there what I get is the ability to see the folders readily shown on the 'other end' when browsing the LAN but trying to access those folders and use them is denied help pls

A:Authenticate as a local admin on XP [as server]

Have you solved this yet.

Have you tried connecting to the admin share?
\\XPcomputername\c$

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/307508-authenticate-local-admin-xp-server.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Have tried the various ways to reset the local admin password all with no success.
Offline Password Changer does not detect the Windows directory, returns error 12 (no Hirens password app works)
ERD will not let me use the locksmith tool to reset password.

Does it have anything to do with Bitlocker encryption?
How to go about resetting the password without a reinstall?

A:How to reset local admin password Win 7 X64

YES it does. I dont know of any other way and because of site rules I cant help with any attempt to bypass passwords.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/219045-how-reset-local-admin-password-win-7-x64.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a windows 2000 network that someone previously setup. I am having problem logging into one specific machine. The account does not seem to have admin rights to the local machine. I logged in as domain adming on the machine and went to control panel->user and added the domian account to the local admionistrators group but it still has a problem. Where do I look from here. I tried this account on another machine and it worked fine.

A:Admin rights to local machine

What type of network is it?

Peer-To-Peer, or are you using a domain?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-rights-to-local-machine.217353/
Relevancy 79.55%

I am trying to lock down some of or if possible all of our users. Some need the ability to download updates an other things you can't do as a local user. can any body guide me to a place that has a list of things you loose when you go to super user. I have also heard that you can add some to the Super user by putting them in a GPO or something along those lines.

Can I please get some help.

A:superuser local admin compair Xp

Erm you have completely lost me mate

You say "lock down" but then say "allow them to do updates"

I take it by that lot you mean 'user privilages?'

Do you not have an IT tech to sort it out for you?

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/superuser-local-admin-compair-xp.4024962/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have a laptop that has been attached to a domain that is no longer available.

It will not let me logon any other way but a non admin / non domain user account.

Admin password is lost.

Can I use something like Nordahl to access that admin account? Domain or not?

Thanks for any input!

Get Your Geek On!

A:Stuck w/o Admin password or ability to connect to domain

It is called Format C:

Your best bet is a complete re-install of the OS. Otherwise your in for a lot of aggrivation.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/230114-stuck-w-o-admin-password-ability-connect-domain.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I am looking for a way to run a particular program as the Domain Admin without the users seeing any prompt for username or password. Any script would do, I can put the users that need it into another group and have that group have its own logon script or just run it locally upon startup. We are running XP workstations on a Windows domain network.

A:Runas Domain Admin for a program seamlessly everytime

You need it to run as Domain Admin or as a Local Admin. Domain Admin would probably be really bad policy.

I think EPAL can do what you need, but I'm not totally sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/runas-domain-admin-for-a-program-seamlessly-everytime.908837/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,
I install locally server & client application my workstation, i used domain user which is not member local admin or domain admin group, when i run client application it promote run as admin credentials, i enter and its worked fine, 
but issue we not provide all domain users admin credentials, i also try to disable In local/domain GPO policy "User Account control run all admin approval mode" which also disable "User Account Control Settings" for security reason users
not want this.
I also apply Task schedule and enter the admin credentials, but when i open application its open admin user mode not the that windows domain user.

the Dev team control this code side but same result and no effect.
Can some one help how this issue resolved?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/48ec6649-6938-4b5f-8871-daeeb086ad16/how-run-program-though-domain-user-without-prompting-admin-password?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 79.12%

domain admin accounts are unable to uninstall applications on win7 machines using the following method:

On a machine that is logged in by a domain user

1.) runas CMD with the domain admin account
2.) type appwiz.cpl
3.) select app and uninstall

error: you must be an administrator to remove this applicaton

the account can remove apps when it is logged in as itself, but not from runas.

any ideas?

A:domain admin unable to uninstall apps on win7

Oh and UAC is switched off too.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/domain-admin-unable-to-uninstall-apps-on-win7-605882.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I log in to Windows 2003 server R2 through a domain (but on the local machine). I need my log on to be the admin over this local machine. Since the user details are stored on the domain, my username doesn't show up in local users and groups. How do I make a remote user an admin?

A:Making a domain user an admin in 2003 server?

You may wish to have this subject moved to the Networking forum here at TSG it will get better coverage from all of the people there. To do this just click on the little triangle at the top right corner and ask a moderator to please move this thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-a-domain-user-an-admin-in-2003-server.518284/
Relevancy 79.12%

So we have 1 system that the default domain admin account will not allow us to log into the system. It says bad username or password. We have specified the domain (domain\administrator) no change. The password is correct and you can even right-click run
as and have full admin access. The local account is disabled and renamed. We have attempted to log in it says the account is disabled but it is not disabled. Single 2008 SBS controller.  Resetting is not an option at this point. We are just curious as
to why this is happening on just this one system.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/78822a4c-518e-44ea-8009-5864b670b62b/domain-admin-password-does-not-work-on-one-system-only-to-login?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello All I'm delighted No to accounts change /Cannot Admin admin user account existing Access to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account came with Windows On setup i used my No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account microsoft account to login with a pin the account was setup as administrator No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account thinking i could change things later About days later i added a standard user account for my husband with a microsoft account login with pin I wanted to make his the administrator account but thought i had better change mine to a standard account first My mistake Now i cannot change anything i have tried to use the cmd prompt to run as administrator - it asks for administrator permission and does not allow me to enter a password or yes I have tried all suggestions to enable the hidden windows account but all ask for the same permission I have tried to go to setup recovery troubleshoot advanced option system restore - it requests an administrator password and when i entered what i thought is mine it does not work Feeling a little Does anybody know anyway i can go back in time to start again or how do i access administrator rights as i really need to add programs etc Thank you for any help given

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61945-no-admin-access-cannot-change-existing-user-accounts-admin-account.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello, I just purchased a new lenovo v570 laptop runing windows 7 home premium.

I scanned an image using my Epson NX 400 usb all-in-one printer. Then I tried to save it to my external USB enclosed sata drive. I haven't had any problem like this before. They said, I didn't have permission. I am running the laptop as an administrator. What other permission do I need? Antivirus and firewall software is all up and funny functional.

A:Scanned Image Using Windows Paint. Asked For Admin. Permission, but I am on Admin.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scanned-image-using-windows-paint-asked-for-admin-permission-but-i-am-on-admin.1051243/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi Yet again Windows is frustratingly taking up all of my time and I have tried everything google has to offer to try and fix it but it seems like no one has screwed up as much reset admin | | can't admin | Lost 5 No password error rights System as I have on whatever forum Let me explain the problem I'm trying to set my account to administrator because I can't install programs change account settings make any changes through CMD without getting the system error access denied message and I can't set the administrator account through CMD either I also don't have the permission to change anything in regedit and I can't even reset my pc because it requires an administrator password System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset which I don't have is not quot nothing quot nor is it administrator or admin or password and I can't change it through cmd either I can't even access the administrator account because it is disabled and even with an elevated System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset cmd I can't activate the quot hidden quot administrator account System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset I've ran malwarebytes and superantispyware and I am now looking for the Gandalf of all Geeks to help me solve this problem I'd immensely appreciate it

A:System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset

Hi. When a computer is first setup, the account created is an administrative one. What happened to this account?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/37732-system-error-5-no-admin-rights-lost-admin-password-cant-reset.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi
I need to either change a guest log in (kid's access) to
adminstrator, or a way to reveal or change the password
for the Admin profile. Thanks for your help.
I tried this already: Run: cmd net user guest *
I tried to rest the guest password this way but
it didn't work - I'm thinking it is because I am not
logged on as admin in the first place. What do I do now?
Thx
lrr

A:change guest login to admin or figure out admin password

you cant change an admins pw from a guest account....at all

only way to change the admin pw is to boot to safe mode and enter the sys admin account or use a hacking program iso which you can find easily but use at your own risk....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-guest-login-to-admin-or-figure-out-admin-password-314097.html
Relevancy 78.69%

The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights.

The network administrator had left the company surprisingly in without giving the administrator password of the PC and we cannot contact him anymore.

Now we want to install another programme and we cannot do this without an administrator account.

I disabled secure boot and have tried to boot the PC with an Linux USB Stick, but it do not boot from the stick.

Any suggestion how I either can reset the password of the administrator account or create an new account with administrator rights.

A:Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Although there may be techniques to recover a lost password it is forum policy that we do not discuss these here - your best bet would be to visit a local security specialist and get them to recover/reset it for you - and a change to the policy for the replacement admin may be a good idea, I always wrote a list of all passwords and stored it with the Managing Director and also in a fireproof safe

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38274-windows-10-admin-password-reset-new-account-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Basically I have two admin accounts one of which belongs to another member of family and one which belongs to me. Heres the situation:

The person who owns the other Admin account is changing my accounts password (also an admin account). Surely there is some way to make it so that I can not have my account's password changed unless it is logged on to my actual account (so my account's password can only be changed if my account is logged on?)

Is there a way?

In urgent need of help!

Thanks!

A:Prevent Admin Accounts From Changing Other Admin Account Passwords In Xp!

Here's an article (for Win2K) that may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309799But, IMO, the issue here is that the other person can't be trusted. In such a situation I'd suggest making the other account into a Standard User account - that way they won't be able to mess with your stuff, and they'll be reliant upon you for anything that requires administrative privileges.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153087/prevent-admin-accounts-from-changing-other-admin-account-passwords-in-xp/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,
I'm new to Windows 7.

I'm still trying to master the file permissions.. I need some help and I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out.

I have a folder with mp3s (created with my old Windows XP system). I've included this mp3s folder in the "my music" library and then I inspected the folder and took ownership of it together with everything it contains (following instructions I found on the Net).

Nevertheless, when I'm trying to delete or move a file I get the message that I need to provide administrator permission! But I thought I am both administrator and owner...

Also, when listen to the songs with WinAmp, it seems I cannon save any song data. I get: Cannot save metadata: Error opening file.

I suppose, it's an aspect of the very same problem.

What am I missing?

thanx.

A:I need admin permission to delete/move file (but I'm both admin/owner)

Take a look on the properties of the folder see if you have an unblock button . If you do click on it .

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/297001-i-need-admin-permission-delete-move-file-but-im-both-admin-owner.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Frustrated with admin rights - Please help me.

Just purchased new PC - HP Pavilion desktop and upgraded to Windows 10 during installation. I've downloaded Google Chrome as my default search engine with no issues. I've attempted several times to download Google Earth. Download fails: "Google Earth needs administrator privileges to install."

I am the only user on this PC and User Account type indicates that I'm the "Administrator".

Why won't Google Earth install?

A:Google Earth won't install - admin privileges required (I am admin)

Hello and welcome!

Sometimes you have to run the installation file and deliberately make it "Run as Administrator" by right clicking on the downloaded file and selecting this option. Not sure if this is the case with Google Earth but worth a try.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33461-google-earth-wont-install-admin-privileges-required-i-am-admin.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Im locked out of a windows XP pc, and the client has no clue as to what the admin password could be! I have came across some tools, but I want to know what everybody is using lately. What tools do you guys use for resetting your local admin password? besided wiping it out.

Relevancy 78.69%

how can i open the local admin account on my system ? i have forgotten the password. do i have to format it right away ?FOTTEM

A:HOW TO OPEN A FOGOTTEN LOCAL ADMIN ACCOUNT

What operating system are you running? Be specific, Windows 7 is an OS, yes, however knowing the version of 7 is important. So if it's Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional or Windows Vista Business, or whatever it is, let us know. Most home versions DON'T have the administrator account enabled.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-open-a-fogotten-local-admin-account-642037.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Trying to install a program and get error "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."

I have noticed that this error messege is almost selective when it comes to installing programs, some programs I can install without a problem, other times I get this error messege over and over again.

I am try to install using the local admin account, and my account as well, which also has admin priviledges. Both accounts cannot install. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this???

Relevancy 78.69%

We have seen a couple of server with malware infections that have local user accounts created for 'admin', 'sys', and 'msuser'. These accounts were also added the the local administrators group.

Just checking to see if anyone else has seen this or may know what can cause these accounts to be create, as in any viruses that may do this.

A:Admin, msuser, sys local accounts created

Possibly related to this?

http://greatis.com/blog/how-to-remove-malware/wab32-exe.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535718/admin-msuser-sys-local-accounts-created/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hey guys, I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium...
I am logged on as Administrator (ACTUAL!)
And I was installing a software when it stopped and said:

"Please make sure you have local system administrator privileges on this system"

Here's what it looked like..

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/23/wtfcs9.jpg

Is there any solutions to fix this problem?

I have tried fiddling with the permissions in the Security tab for the software, still no work.

A:Local System Admin Privilege Needed

There are several ways, some temporary, some permanent. The quick way, which usually works, is to right click the install.exe file and select "run as Administrator"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-system-admin-privilege-needed.658200/
Relevancy 78.69%

So, I just got my laptop back from ASUS after a couple of weeks, and believe it or not, I can't remember the Local Admin Password. No trouble with my Stnd Admin Pswd. I've tried every pswd permutation I can think of, and NOTHING works. HEP ME!

A:How To Blow Away Local Admin Acct Password?

Hello gplea,

If you're able to sign in to another administrator account on the PC, then you could use either option below to change, remove, or reset the password of the other account.

Password of User Account - Change in Windows 10

Password of User Account - Remove in Windows 10

Password of User Account - Reset in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/48575-how-blow-away-local-admin-acct-password.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello,
Just updated to 8.1. Still undecided. Specifically I somehow managed to get the admin apps shown on the was M$ account, now my local account start page. I can not figure out how to get rid of them. I hope someone with more experience can guide me.
Also can not figure out how to put the admin apps in my admin account.
Thanks for all assistance!
glennc

A:Put admin apps in local account and can't remove

Hello Glenn,

Please go ahead and post a screenshot of this to see if it may help to ID the issue.

Do you mean the Administrative Tools on the Start screen by chance?

Administrative Tools - Hide or Show in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/33936-put-admin-apps-local-account-cant-remove.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have been using Windows 10 for months with only minor issues. I log in today and try to make a change and was unable to do so. I rebooted and when I logged in, it said I had a local account. Between yesterday and today, somehow my admin account was changed to local by windows. I am unable to fix this problem because I can't login as admin now. When I go to user accounts in control panel, it says my account name and below it, Local Account AND below that, Guest account. Any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/55200-windows-10-changed-my-admin-account-local.html