Windows Support Forum

Solved: Add Old Email to Office Outlook !!

Q: Solved: Add Old Email to Office Outlook !!

Hi Friends,

I need your Help in Adding my Old Email to my Existing Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Email. I have my normal Incoming and Outgoing msgs running smoothly. However, I need to add another folder inside this email and add the old Msgs, so that I could view them when I need so ?

Appreciate if someone could help me step by step, being a novice on this, how to add this old messages to my existing normal running email in Office OUtllook 2007. Presently, I am running the COmputer on Windows XP ( SP2 ).

Hope that I would get a favourable response. THanks

Best Regards

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Add Old Email to Office Outlook !!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 74.39%

Windows 7/Office 2007. I just installed Office 2007 on a brand new HP Laptop running W7 64bit. When click on a URL in an email, I get the following error message, "MICROSOFT OFFICE OUTLOOK. This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". This also happened when clicking on an "Unsubscribe" link in a different email. Can someone please tell me how to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Outlook/Office 2007 - cannot launch url in an email in Outlook

Here's the solution: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310049#fixit4me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-office-2007-cannot-launch-url-in-an-email-in-outlook.969516/
Relevancy 70.52%

I am all out of ideas... please help....
Running XP with Outlook 2003. virgin ISP, Avira premium security.
All going fine.. then.. I can now no longer send emails.. I can receive them. They keep bouncing back not even leaving the computer...saying

554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied,

I have checked all the settings and nothing has changed.

I can get online, I have scanned for mal ware, viruses, defragged, backed up, checked fire wall...

Any ideas would be greatly received.

Kind regards
mangotoo

Relevancy 70.52%

I am trying to add a logo after my name in my emails on Outlook 2003.
In order to do so I understand I need to have options set to Use Office Word 2003 as my email editor.
This option is greyed out and most likeky the reason is I have a 2007 version of Office Word installed.
Any suggestions how I am going to get the logo onto my emails?

Danny
Compac Presario
2 Quad Processor 2.67 GHz
4GB ram
2 x 500 Gb HDD
32 Bit
Win Office Business
Outlook 2003
MS Office 2007 -non commercial

Relevancy 66.65%

I am using Office 2003 on an XP pro system. I merge my word document with an existing Access database to send out emails thru Office Outlook. Outlook shuts down, as in stops sending emails at random intervals. Sometimes restating Outlook will get it going but most times it comes down to removing all merged emails and re-doing the merge to get it going again. Sending in groups of 100 to 9000 at a time. The merge goes well, it is the Oulook. Help please.

Printer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-merge-from-office-access-to-office-outlook.347881/
Relevancy 61.92%

User has Win XP Pro and Office 2003. She can send/receive email & attachments using Outlook 2003 directly, but if she tries to send an attachment through Office applications using the "File...Send..." feature, she gets the message:

"The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D".

In googling this error message I have found solutions for situations in which NO email can be sent, but none for this situation, in which email is OK when sent directly through Outlook but not through an Office application. I tried the Microsoft Community Newsgroup, but the only response I have so far is to make sure Outlook is set as the default, which it is. Does anyone have any advice?

A:Can't Email W/outlook From Office Aps

Hello snoopsmom!

What ISP (Internet Service Provider) are they using? Usually you can find help on setting up Outlook through the ISP Help Pages.

diego88

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/36437/cant-email-woutlook-from-office-aps/
Relevancy 61.06%

I was one of the CCs in an email sent from person #1 toperson #2. #2 replied to #1.I also got the reply.Probably the other CCs did too.Should #2 have deleted the CCs beforereplying to #1 in order to prevent it going to all CCs?Or did #2 click the Reply All button instead of just the Reply button?

I use MS Office Outlook 2010 configured to check for mailevery 10 minutes. Sometimes I see anerror message at the bottom of the window after waking computer fromsleep.It has apparently tried toconnect to my email server but couldn?t.I guess because there is no internet connection while sleeping.I can always just click Send/Receive and itthen connects.Is Outlook trying toconnect even though computer is sleeping?I haven?t found any setting to stop connection attempt whilesleeping.Is there such a thing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/399503-ms-office-outlook-email-question.html
Relevancy 60.63%

For years I have used Microsoft Office but never used the Outlook part for emails. With Live Mail on its way out I thought that I would try it out. I have set up my accounts and can send and receive with no problems and it is slowly populating all the various Received/Sent/Deleted sections.
I have loads of contacts in the Contacts section but what I have yet to figure out is how to get the To: box to autocomplete the email address as I start to type in the recipients name. I am finding that I have to look up the email address and get that inserted. I am sure that there must be an auto complete but I have yet to find it.
All suggestions gratefully received.

A:Using Microsoft Office 2013 OUtlook email

As far as I'm aware, there is no auto complete function on Outlook. Then again, I might be totally wrong. Terribly sorry that I can't be much more help.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/using-microsoft-office-2013-outlook-email-4604553/
Relevancy 60.63%

We are in the middle of moving from a local exchange server to using Microsoft hosted mail Currently both our local mail and office mail are active As an intermediary step I am attaching both accounts to our current version of outlook so that people can move mail through Outlook at their own pace So far I've set this up a dozen times with minimal issues but I have run into a strange problem One user's outlook fails repeatedly to add the account It acts like it's working fine but when outlook requests the password my user types it in and the box requesting the password pops up again If told to cancel an error pops up stating that the exchange server cannot be found and that outlook needs to be online outlook to an email 365 office 2010 Attaching I neglected to get the complete message but that is the gist The same email can be setup on a different machine and the password is correct because it was used to set up one drive on the same machine I even tried creating a new mail profile Attaching an office 365 email to outlook 2010 but it Attaching an office 365 email to outlook 2010 also had Attaching an office 365 email to outlook 2010 issues The problem has to be with that installation of outlook specifically and possibly the user profile This user has had a lot of issues with their outlook before sometimes due to data size issues too many names in the junk list just flat too much email period They currently have a lot of pst archived folders attached to outlook as a compromise to keeping the inbox small and I'm wondering if this could have any impact Has anyone heard of this problem or have any suggestions

A:Attaching an office 365 email to outlook 2010

Never mind. I kind of answered my own question after I thought about it.

FYI: Even if the main profile is under 2 GB, if all the open data files exceed a certain size (I'm not sure how much, but this was over 6 GB) it will not add a new profile. I closed the other data files and was then able to add the new email without issue. After restarting outlook, I was able to reopen the other data files, and all seems to be well now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606829/attaching-an-office-365-email-to-outlook-2010/
Relevancy 60.63%

Can someone please provide the steps for setting up a new email account in Outlook? I need to know how to verify my incoming\outgoing servers (POP, SMTP, etc.) Is that through my ISP? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

A:Creating new email account in Office Outlook

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

This can help you here: How to create and configure an email profile in Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, and Outlook 2003

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/creating-new-email-account-in-office-outlook-655593.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I started using Microsoft Office Outlook yesterday. I have setup the pop3 e-mail account and I was able to view and maintain my inbox with Outlook.

I logged in my calpolyonline email by webmail and all my emails in the inbox are gone. Did not know that using Outlook actually grabs all the email from the inbox.

I removed the email account from Outlook and the email in my calpolyonline webmail is still zero.
How do I retrieve all the emails back into the webmail? Thanks in advance.

A:Microsoft Office Outlook - Email all gone in inbox

once Outlook retrieves the email, it is delivered to you (mail has been deleted from the email serve once you recieve it)

The only thing I can suggest is resend it to yourself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-outlook-email-all-gone-in-inbox.283607/
Relevancy 59.77%

Ahead of a small library email migration to our own email hosted by MS Office network domain I am experimenting with importing pst files Some users have Windows some Windows Most users will access email through the Office web portal but for users with their own desktop setups it would be nice to configure their email at their own computers Testing revealed no surprise Configuring 365 small on with Outlook Office email network a Configuring Outlook on small network with Office 365 email problem with Windows Configuring Outlook on small network with Office 365 email I configured my own Outlook with email after logging in to network Emails came in Great Logged out of the network logged in as another employee tried to repeat the process and ran headlong into the quot Switch to a Microsoft account on this PC quot I don't want to do this The reason I logged in as another user is I will be responsible for importing pst files from the old email service hosted by a larger library system of which we are a part My understanding is to do this I need a desktop install of Outlook not available through the web app Question Is there a way around the Switch to a Microsoft Account bit because now I can't even get back to my own Outlook email that was successful in the beginning I hope I provided a good enough explanation I appreciate the collective wisdom here Thanks

A:Configuring Outlook on small network with Office 365 email

Oy! Realized I was using the stupid app from Metro Start screen. Using the Outlook under Programs area of Apps worked a treat. YAY.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/49839-configuring-outlook-small-network-office-365-email.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,
I have just signed up to this forum and am totally IT inept.
I am trying to set up a sort of manager / assistant sharing of an inbox and caledar through outlook. However we both only have office 365 individual licence and we dont seem to be able to share in the normal way.
We need to both be able to work from an inbox (which my boss wants to set up using an individual domain name) and the same calendar.
I have been going round and round in circles with this to no avail. Please help.
Thank you.

A:sharing outlook email and calendar office 365 individual

Are using Office 365 for a Business where other users are able to share calendars, etc? It sounds like your saying that you currently only have the Office software license, and not the Online Account portion of the package. Can you clarify? In terms of what I use, GoDaddy sells 3 basic packages. The Online Essentials (just the email account), the Business Premium (Office and the email account), and on a separate page, Office 365 Software (just the software).

You mentioned "an individual domain name". Do you mean that you and another person will be sharing a single mailbox and calendar like "[email protected]"? Does your boss want you two to use a different domain name than the rest of the company?

If the company doesnt currently subscribe to Office 365's Business Email service, then that's where you will want to start. Wherever your domain name is currently living (where you bought it) is where you should start inquiring about purchasing this service. Once you've setup your new email account, you can another person can both have it setup and can both use it, add and delete from the calendar, check and reply to messages, etc. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615214/sharing-outlook-email-and-calendar-office-365-individual/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

Each time I send an email my Outlook crashes. Attached is an emial of the screenshot I get and below is the problem details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
Application Version: 15.0.4420.1017
Application Timestamp: 506734e2
Fault Module Name: MSVCR100.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.40219.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d5f0c22
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000108a9
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.16.7
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033
skulcid: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txtClick to expand...

Can anybody please advise how this can be fixed?

Cheers
Paul

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2013-outlook-crashes-each-time-i-send-an-email.1107552/
Relevancy 59.34%

My computer is an HP Pavilion a f running Windows Vista Home Edition that I ve had since new years ago During the past week or 2010 Outlook in MS Email Office Unable to Send/Receive so I ve had trouble with my Office Outlook email program in the MS Office suite When I open it and click on an email I d get the Not Responding notation next to the program name in the top part of the window To correct this I ve used the repair function on the cd and the scanpst file in Program File Microsoft Office Office This seems to work for a while but the Not Responding message has still appeared Concerned that I might lose my two email data files for Office Outlook I exported them to a flash drive Unable to Send/Receive Email in MS Office Outlook 2010 where I incorporated them into one file named Outlook Data File pst After I d repaired the program I imported this file and have my data but am now unable to send receive emails using the program I can send receive emails via the Internet but prefer Office Outlook When I try Send Receive on Office Outlook I get the error message x F which talks about synchronization of an offline address book with Exchange Servers or link here http support microsoft com kb I contacted my ISP Unable to Send/Receive Email in MS Office Outlook 2010 and the techie helped me to ensure that I had a functioning email address but was unable to remedy the problem because it s a Microsoft program which the ISP doesn t support but does support Office I d be grateful for any advice that will correct this problem nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

In January I installed a new hard drive Vista Rendering Outlook Office Conflict 2003 and Email on my computer and uploaded Vista Business reinstalled Office Suite I was told there should be no conflict between the two The first time I opened Office Outlook I noted a problem Certain incoming e-mails were not rendering properly they rendered in raw format instead of rendered format When I opened the e-mail the first thing I would see was the expanded header in the body of the e-mail where it should not be next came the body of the message that I should see if the e-mail rendered properly next came the html source coding These e-mails are a mess There seems to be a few hints to the problem First Email Rendering Conflict Vista and Office 2003 Outlook of all all these incoming e-mails have my e-mail address in the bcc field Second the e-mails are in MIME format Some of the e-mails actually come in with a message below the expanded header that states quot This message is in MIME format Since your mail reader does not understand this format some or all of this message may not be legible Email Rendering Conflict Vista and Office 2003 Outlook quot I have contacted Microsoft about this problem they aren t interested I ve tried talking to their tech support people in India about this problem but they do not have sufficient command of the English Language to be able to discuss it intelligently Judging from the Microsoft User Forum this problem is more wide-spread than Microsoft would like to acknowledge I ve done everything I can think of to resolve this issue Nothing seems to work I recently had a new motherboard and processor installed Vista and Office Suite reinstalled My system is totally updated The problem is still there I ran Office Suite previously on XP Pro and had no problems The problem only surfaced when I installed Vista as my OS Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I ve seen this issue on email Office Problem Merge 2003 HTML Outlook 2007 other postings but have not seen the answer yet I have Vista Outlook and Office I have been trying to send an email merge works fine on my other XP machine with office in HTML I can send a merge in text but the HTML option Office 2003 Outlook 2007 HTML email Merge Problem yields nothing I purchased outlook because Msft Mail was not working either I am about to throw out outlook and try to downgrade to outlook to see if this option works as it does on my XP machine Any ideas before I totaly frustrate my wife by reloading her software again When the quot text email merge is initiatied I get a message for each mail that asks me to accept that another program is trying to send an email This seems to happen for each email which could really be a problem for several hundred emails I have tried turning off the firewall but the box still appears This whole Vista thing is making me crazy I have to reconfigure my outlook and transfer the list of names and the word doc to my xp laptop just so I can send the Office 2003 Outlook 2007 HTML email Merge Problem mail merge What is the setting to turn this off I am wondering why I paid for Vista and the Oulook sw Sorry just frustrated This should not be so difficult nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-outlook-2007-html-email-merge-problem.739840/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello Everyone,

I am setting up my email accounts in Outlook 2016. I always do a manual setup and on my outlook.com email accounts, I use Exchange ActiveSync.

My questions are this.

What is this new option of selecting Office 365 and when would I use this option?When I did select the Office 365 option and pressed next my outlook would crash, any fix?What is the best selection to choose from when setting up my outlook.com account that would be great for automatically syncing with my calendar etc. on outlook.com or apple etc.?

Thank you very much for any help and assistance.

A:Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

Manual setup for outlook.com accounts is absolutely unnecessary, Outlook 2016 does that automatically in a few seconds.

That being said, if you insist in doing it manually the correct option is Exchange ActiveSync. Office 365 option is for so called workplace email accounts, Azure AD / Office 365 for Business or Enterprise users. You select that option only if your organisation uses Office 365 and you want to set up your workplace email in Outlook 2016.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/70158-outlook-2016-manual-email-account-setup-office-365-option-crashes.html
Relevancy 58.05%

prior to the past week or so, any hot links in emails I was able to click and open up a webpage etc... Now in several computers, the links just take me to MSN.com home page. WTF. Anyone know of a fix for this, annoying to copy/paste everything. MS do something with Win10 to make older office versions not work right? UGH!

https://hardforum.com/threads/not-sure-if-proper-area-but-win10-and-office-2003-outlook-email-issue-with-links.1907946/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 that has two hard drives. One contains Outlook email that used to be on MS Exchange. This account is not currently active. The other is my day to day hard drive with an active Outlook account. Both OS'es are Windows XP.

How can I copy an email that is on the old MS Exchange Outlook account to my current active Outlook account?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Copy an Outlook email to another Outlook account

File > Save.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-copy-an-outlook-email-to-another-outlook-account.892114/
Relevancy 53.75%

I can't open any messages, opened or unopened. I have tried "repairing" Office 2013--both the quick and full repair--to no avail. 
I can send email I can open my email on my phone. And I can use Outlook Web Access to access a Microsoft account.

But I can't open it on my computer. Using Windows 8.1 HELP!!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d977d8d-7f40-4ca1-9f64-50337e5fa56c/microsoft-office-2013-pro-email-in-outlook-is-quotfrozenquot?forum=itprovistaapps
Relevancy 53.75%

I will be out of my office for several weeks and although I will be able to leave Outlook running most of the time, I won't be able to access email, so I want to use an out of office message. However, I have never tried this using pop3 email and I can't figure out how to do this. I have looked at help inside of Outlook, but I can't seem to save my message as an Outlook template.

If anyone could set me up with some instructions I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Delta

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Myself and my partner have seperate users on the PC and we both use Microsoft Office Outlook for some reason her Hotmail account that she has joint to her Outlook account has turned up on my Outlook accout on my user Very strange I have tried to delete it using the conventional methods Tools-Account Settings ect but as you can see from the attatched screen shot the email account is not Fault Solved: Office Email 2007 Microsft there to be removed Solved: Microsft Office 2007 Email Fault I have also right clicked the unwanted account and asked to close it and it tell me to remove it in the email accounts section where it does not exsist see screen shot It is present in the data files tab but again no removable in here I have been to the data folder and deleted the data but it all returns on re start of outlook Any ideas would be great to see if we can get the little bugger of Cheers kdjblade nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I've tried numerous times to set up an Outlook acct in order to be able to email docs from Word. When I would click on mail, an outlook email window would open but "send" etc buttons don't work.

Today, I tried to intergrate Outlook to use my MSN Acct. That failed, too. Can't even get an email window to pop up in Word now.

I acquired my Office Word 2003 by downloading a 3-mo. trial version that came w/my new PC/Windows XP. Trial period is over and I have NOT converted to the full Office 2003 program.

Once Trail period expired, it's my understanding that not all Word functions are now available to me.

Could it be that being able to email from Word is one of the functions I lost?

A:Solved: Unable to use email in office word 2003

In "reduced functionality mode" Word is effectively just a viewer and can print the document, that is all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-use-email-in-office-word-2003.582223/
Relevancy 52.03%

I get the following message each time I open Outlook, I click OK and it goes away.

C:\ Users\*********\App Data\Roaming\Microsoft\Addins\C:\Program~2\Office11\Addins\Outbak.dll' is not a valid Office Add-In

This started when I loaded MS Office to my new computer running Vista Basic. I don't know where it came from and don't know to get rid of it, assuming I don't need it elsewhere.

What say you...........thanx

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all I m having an issue with the send to email feature in Office Email Office 8.5.1 Send Notes / in 2007 Lotus feature to Solved: We have office with Lotus Notes FP as our email client When we click on the send to email function Solved: Send to Email feature in Office 2007 / Lotus Notes 8.5.1 in office we get the error Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client When I press okay and try it again I get another message General Mail Failure Quit Microsoft Excel restart the mail system and try again The thing is I have this feature working on other PC s with Lotus Notes same version installed I ve verified that Lotus Notes is the default Mail Client through the IE default programs settings As well as internally through Lotus Notes preferences I ve also checked the option in Lotus Notes to Enable MS Office SendTo Notes I m at a bit of a loss Problem is when I call IBM they blame it on MS and vice versa Any help would be appreciated Also don t suggest to use Outlook believe me it s not my decision I would love to kick our domino servers out the window and move to exchange nbsp

A:Solved: Send to Email feature in Office 2007 / Lotus Notes 8.5.1

Hi Cameron, I have no idea but I found this, maybe it puts you on the right track ?

http://vbadud.blogspot.com/2007/10/automate-lotus-notes-email-using-visual.html

Good hunting (and coding)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-send-to-email-feature-in-office-2007-lotus-notes-8-5-1.999641/
Relevancy 51.6%

This may be a stupid question but here goes.

Is it possible to have more than one out of office reply?

I want to be able to have a standard reply to go to the boss and a different one to go to anyone else.

A:Solved: Outlook 2007 Out of office

Have you looked under Tools | Out of Office Assistant.. ?? You can setup custom rules in there so if you get messages from specific people you can reply with a custom template.

HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2007-out-of-office.804995/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
I am hoping someone out there can tell me how to configure Outlook in Office 2000 to send/receive mail from Hotmail. I don't know the incoming/outgoing mail servers to fill in the blanks. I have written to them but no one will answer me? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance......

A:[SOLVED] Help with Office Outlook 2000

Hi and welcome.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q234704

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-office-outlook-2000.246445/
Relevancy 51.6%

i was out of office last week so i set up my out of office e-mail when i came back the window popped outlook out agent of office Solved: up Solved: outlook out of office agent saying if you want to keep it or turn out of office agent off so i turned it off of course now later on today one of the people i e-mailed told me that he got an out of office e-mail from me when he sent an e-mail so i went to open it and this is what i got quot THE COMMAND IS NOT AVAIALBLE SEE THE PROGRAM DOCUMENTATION ABOUT HOW TO USE THIS EXTENSION quot i can t even open it now i restarted my machine nothing i run the office detect an repair utility it ran but nothing happened i m clueless about this one i mean what could be making it do this i need to get rid of this as soon as possible for it s making me look stupid to people i m e-mailing Thanks for the help i really appreciate it nbsp

A:Solved: outlook out of office agent

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327353&Product=ol2002

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-out-of-office-agent.291379/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have just installed Office 2007 Pro over Office XP Pro and now cannot open Outlook, it starts automatically and says it is configuring and migrating the data but it goes nowhere-not responding. The first attached screenshot shows the message received when first starting Outlook and the second screenshot shows the next Outlook screen, it doesn't matter if you try and open in the Safe mode as it suggests or not, the result is the same-not responding. Every thing seems to be stuck in "neutral," the program stops responding.

Relevancy 51.17%

In 2012 I purchased (by email) and received a letter from M/Office to download Microsoft Office 2010.I am now trying to download (as I am entitled to) a copy for my new notebook (Windows 10) assuming it will accept the program.I am having difficulty in completing a download.   I now cannot contact the people in question (I can attach a copy of the email if wanted)I cannot ring the US as I am in Australia and would prefer to email anyway.Judy

A:Email address required for M/Office re Office 2010

Surely someone in the US knows the address of Microsoft (email address that is) - as I cannot ring from Australia.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,154896.0.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a situation where someone has 2 email addresses. One of them is now redundant and I have deleted it from the People section. However, when I am set to make a new email to that person and type the first letter of their name, in the pop up window (that you can click on) their old email address still appears.
How do I delete this from that list? Can find no way to do so.

A:Outlook Email - Deleting Wrong Email Entry when starting new email

In new email, start typing the address you want to remove. When you have enough characters for auto complete to show it (sometimes one letter is enough), use DOWN ARROW key on keyboard to select the address in question and press DEL key.

That's it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/360024-outlook-email-deleting-wrong-email-entry-when-starting-new-email.html
Relevancy 50.74%

All of the other applications work, just not outlook. I get a message that says, "The application failed to initialize properly (0x80000003) Click on OK to terminate the application." I'm running XP SP3.

A:Solved: Can't open MS Office 2007 Outlook

I had to go to the control panel, click on change (Microsoft Office Ultimate) and then repair. It works fine now. ;o)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-open-ms-office-2007-outlook.929584/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am a novice at the computer gig and outlook stopped working a couple of days ago I read some of the fixes on the site but don t know how to do most of them without a step by step don t leave anything out guide on what to Microsoft Cannot Outlook Solved: start Office try The error message is quot cannot start microsoft office outlook Cannot open the outlook file quot Can anyone give me a step by step on how to fix this I got the new Dell with all the Solved: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook programs on it and it was working fine until about days ago and i started to get this error message Thanks for any help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Solved: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card LogMeIn Mirror Driver Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc KM A CN Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I'm running WIN 7
I just deleted my old e-mail account (Hughes.net)and added a new one(personal domain) to Outlook.
Everything is working except when I e-m myself, the e-m goes into the personal folders inbox of my old account.
Can you help me?
Thank you,
Gail

Relevancy 50.74%

How do you request a read receipt with Outlook Office XP?

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey Guys. I am running windows XP Home edition on a Dell Dimension 8300. What note keeping, letter writing, spread sheet ect. program would you suggest I use. I want something simple to use as I am "not great" on a computer yet. Is there a site to down load from and/or get it at a cheep price or even for free?

Also, is there a easy way to have a spell check tab on my Browser or some where to be able to run spell checks where ever and when ever I want?

Thanx so much! Timex

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello All,
I just joined this informative forum and already have a question.

I'm using Win XP w/ MS Office 2003. I receive the following error message when I try to check the box for Use Cached Exchange Mode under exchange server settings. Outlook will not at point so then I have to uncheck the box for outlook to reopen.

"Cannot start microsoft office outlook. unable to open the outlook window. the set of folders cound not be opened. the server is not available. contact your administrator if this condition persists."

Any help would be me appreciated.
Thanks.

Relevancy 50.74%

I have win98 and outlook express 5 as my main mail program or it was until I installed Office 97 yesterday. Now when I click onto an email address for automatic sending to my mail new message box or send email within a webpage it goes to the office program telling me to add options or something. I want my outlook express to be my default again.
I have sent the office one to the recycle bin but haven't been game to delete it from there yet.
I only really wanted office for word and excel.

A:{Solved} don't want office 97 outlook to be default mail

In Outlook Express, hit Tools-Options. Fifth checkbox down says "make OE my default mail program." Put a checkmark in it. You may want to close OE then and reopen it to have it "register" itself as the default in Windows. You may even need to reboot, not sure.

Also, in Internet Explorer, make sure it says OE, not Outlook, under Tools-Internet Options-Programs tab.

[This message has been edited by Dreamboat (edited 05-30-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dont-want-office-97-outlook-to-be-default-mail.36570/
Relevancy 50.31%

My OS is Vista Home Premium and I use Microsoft Office 2007 Outlook for emails.

I've searched for a fix for a message that I get from time to time in Outlook which tells me to find and run scanpst.exe. I followed some advice in a post in a closed thread on the Business Application forum and found this file but I couldn't get it to run. This may have occurred because the poster gave instructions for XP - I've been unable to find similar instructions for Vista.

Any advice about how to run scanpst.exe in Vista will be appreciated.

Gawain

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Friends,

Could someone help me out on how to backup my Email Messages and Address Book from Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and import them into Microsoft office outlook 2007. I would appreciate your support on this matter, Please.

Thanks & Best Regards

Relevancy 50.31%

I used to get my "main" folder with the sub folder (sent, delete, etc) in alphabetical order. Now They have reversed, they are sorted Z-A, not A-Z. Again, the main folder, I.E. by E-mail address. How can I get this back to sort A-Z?
Thanks

There should be an "office" forum for just Office suite questions, then a Sub directory within that for different versions of Office, just a thought. Many people have questions on MS Office like Access, Excel, Word, etc.

A:Solved: Office 2010 Outlook Sort Order

silverado4 said:

I used to get my "main" folder with the sub folder (sent, delete, etc) in alphabetical order. Now They have reversed, they are sorted Z-A, not A-Z. Again, the main folder, I.E. by E-mail address. How can I get this back to sort A-Z?
Thanks

There should be an "office" forum for just Office suite questions, then a Sub directory within that for different versions of Office, just a thought. Many people have questions on MS Office like Access, Excel, Word, etc.Click to expand...

There is a forum for Office applications , it's the Business Applications forum so I'll move this there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-office-2010-outlook-sort-order.1153263/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello people. Thank you for reading this! I have a problem. I use MS Office 2003. I just bought a new computer since my old one was just dying. That's a different story. I took the PST file from my old one, and put to work on my new machine. Now, when I click on CONTACTS, below MAIL, I see all of my contacts. But when I compose a new massage, and click on "TO:&#8221; there is nothing there!! So in order for me to write a letter to a contact, I need to open up my "Contacts" and RIGHT CLICK on one and choose "Compose a New Message", which is totally unacceptable because some e-mails I write, I want to have multiple receivers of. Everything else is fine. All of the folders and subfolders I have, are there. Just this. Please help??

Relevancy 50.31%

I am running WIN 7
When I opened Outlook, previously, and clicked on 'My Calendars' on the left taskbar, I had the option of using 4 separate calendars. Now, only one is showing. How do I get the use of those extra calendars back?
Thank you

A:Solved: Microsoft Office 2010 Outlook--calendars

Where they shared calenders? What version of Outlook are you using?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-office-2010-outlook-calendars.991264/
Relevancy 50.31%

Does anyone know if can download Outlook Email free from any site? I thought I had to pay for it.
CeeBee

A:Solved: Outlook email

Hi,
I don't think that you can get a legal copy free.

Have a look at this free but legal alternative though - it might meet your needs

(Review from http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-email-client.htm)

Mozilla Thunderbird is a free open source POP and IMAP email client developed by Mozilla.org, the same folks who brought you Firefox. Feature-wise it sits somewhere between Outlook Express and Outlook, which means that it offers an upgrade to Express users and a downgrade to those who use the more advanced PIM features of Outlook. Additional features can be added through free extensions. Notable among these is Webmail, an extension that allows POP3 access to webmail services operated by Yahoo, Hotmail, Lycos, MailDotCom, Gmail and Libero. Thunderbird email files can be indexed by the Google, Yahoo! and Copernic desktop search programs.

http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/

with the Lightning extension "Lightning brings the Sunbird calendar to the popular email client, Mozilla Thunderbird. Since it's an extension, Lightning is tightly integrated with Thunderbird, allowing it to easily perform email-related calendaring tasks." http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/lightning/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-email.968064/
Relevancy 50.31%

I composed an email in outlook the other day, and I added a rather large attachment to it. When I tried to send it, Outlook froze, and had to be closed.

Now, whenever I open outlook, the message is in the outbox.

I managed to turn off the automatic send/receive, so that it doesn't try to send it again.

My problem is, whenever I switch to view the outbox, the program freezes. This prevents me from selecting, and thus deleting the message.

What I want to know is, is there a way to delete a message from the outbox without opening Outlook? I mean, the message has got to be saved to the Hard Drive somewhere, right?

What folder does Outlook save it's unsent messages to?

Any help would be appreciated,

Nick

A:[SOLVED] Outlook email

search for files and folders named "outbox.dbx". Unless you have more than one identity on O.E., or if you have made backups of O.E., there should only be one. If you have multiple identities, you will need to look through the files that come up, and choose the one that corresponds with the identity you are stuck in. Anyway, delete this file, when O.E. restarts it will regenerate this file and the message will be gone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-email.178016/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I work for an investment company and by law ALL emails sent and received, must be read and initialed by me daily. Currently I am having to get all the emails from each individual in the office. Thank goodness its a small office of 4 or this might take much longer than it currently does. Is there any way that I could set something up so that all emails incoming and outgoing, from all individuals in the office, could be sent to my account? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

A:receiving both sent and received email from the office on one email account

You could have email rules set up on each account that auto forwards a copy of both incoming and outgoing to your account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/receiving-both-sent-and-received-email-from-the-office-on-one-email-account.526784/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi.

I have just purchased and upgraded my Office suite to Office 2007 from Office 2000.

In Office 2000, Outlook Express was working fine. I have since removed Office 2000 to upgrade to Office 2007, and Outlook Express was working fine. When i installed Office 2007 Home & Student Edition, i installed the Service Pack for it, it is now Office 2007 SP1.

I have just tried to load Outlook Express to check ma emails and it crashes on startup and it will not load. I rebooted my machine after the various installs, but it is still not working.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Thanks

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi

I've developed this problem with Outlook where after composing an email and try to send I get an error message.

The header of the message box says Microsoft Office Word
and the warning message in the box says Interface Not Registered.

The receiving part of the program works okay and the rest of Office 2003 is working fine

I reinstalled the program but that didn't help !

Does anyone have any ideas or possible solutions?

Thanks

A:Solved: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Sending Error

Hi MadMel

Run the Detect and Repair option In Outlook 2003,
Help > Detect and Repair

If that fails to correct the problem:
With Outlook 2003 closed,
Start > Run
key in or copy and paste in the Run box:
Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll
Click Enter

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870707/en-us

Let us know if that makes a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-office-outlook-2003-sending-error.435510/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I am using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, and in it, I use four different folders that fall under the 'Inbox' folder. These folders have rules attached to them so that when particular e-mails come through, they get placed in to these four folders.

Now, because of that, I never get an e-mail notification in the system-tray. I never get the transparent display or the little envelope icon, because essentially no e-mails ever go directly to my 'Inbox'.

Is there any way to set it up so that e-mails that I receive in these four folders will still give me an e-mail notification?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Solved: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 E-Mail Notifcations

This is possible.

Follow the steps :

1. Outlook --> Tools --> Rules & Alerts
2. Highlight the Rule and Goto "Change Rule" drop down.
3. Edit Rule Settings.
4. In the Rules Wizard , click Next on the first screen
5. Scroll down all the way to the bottom on the second.
6. You will find an option - display a Desktop alert
7. Enable this option.
8. Go Next if you need more changes or Finish.
9. Close and reopen Outlook.

You should be set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-office-outlook-2007-e-mail-notifcations.662691/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a client who uses Office Outlook 2007 (which I recently installed over her old Outlook 97) for her email. It's been working perfectly for almost two months. However about two weeks ago, she realized the program will not send emails.

I've tried this method (and other variations of it following the same principle), but it has not helped. Furthermore, I've tried turning off Avira Antivir Guard to stop it from scanning incoming or outgoing messages. That didn't help either.

I would prefer not contacting the email provider unless absolutely necessary as I doubt this is an issue on their part. Could anyone help me get this working?

Windows XP
Office Outlook 2007

Relevancy 49.88%

Does anyone know where the file is that stores the autofill when typing in an e-mail. ex. once you type a letter or two in the to: field a couple names appear in a box that are possible matches. Basically i want to delete a few of the names.

A:Solved: outlook email address

The names are either in your address book and your contact list

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-email-address.316036/
Relevancy 49.88%

I like everything about Outlook 2007 EXCEPT its limit on the size of Emails. Can anyone recommend an alternative Email program that can make use of my Outlook contacts. Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 49.88%

i have a client,s computer with windows xp and office 2003 she is facing promblem in using outlook as she has bellsouth.net
account i configured the setting for pop3 but still she is not able as it is not taken username and password

A:Solved: outlook email not sent or received

Double check your settings. From the BellSouth email support page: http://www.support.com/email/isp/bellsouth

How Do I Set Up My BellSouth Account On An Email Client?

You can set up your BellSouth account on any Email client, such as Microsoft Office Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, and so on. Use the following information to set up the account:
Email address: [email protected]
Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.att.yahoo.com
Incoming mail server SSL: enabled
Incoming mail port: 995
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.att.yahoo.com
Outgoing mail server SSL: enabled
Outgoing mail port: 465
Username: your username
Password: your password
For further assistance, simply call 1-800-PC-Support and a Personal Technology Expert® will setup your BellSouth account for you.
Hope it helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-email-not-sent-or-received.1059598/
Relevancy 49.88%

Since Outlook is no longer available I need an alternative email client I can t install Windows Live since I m using XP I do have Microsoft s Office Outlook but I can t get it to work I followed the instructions word for word from Microsoft but it s just a no-go When I had Solved: Outlook Email Recovery Outlook I would move the emails I wanted to keep in folders I created under the Local Folders I must have s of emails backed up I want to go through them and delete what I Solved: Outlook Email Recovery don t want need anymore but can t because I never got the Import Messages working in Outlook it keeps telling me that the program is in use and therefore can t Solved: Outlook Email Recovery import well DUH of COURSE it s in use Outlook no longer works anyway and although I downloaded Thunderbird it won t even put in the folders I created while actually logged into Hotmail not even the Sent or Junk folders that are there by default let alone the ones I created in the Local Folder in Outlook A lot of the emails Solved: Outlook Email Recovery I ve saved I really need They re ones sent to me after signing up with a forum or site and have my username and password in them How can I recover these emails so that I can forward them to an email account so that I can not only view them and copy out all the usernames and passwords but also so I can delete the ones I no longer need I m running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook Express is nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

When sharing your Outlook Email, is there a way to share only the Inbox, not the sent or deleted items? One of our admin assistant's email box is always full as she supports 4 different people.... Getting only inbox items would cure this.
Thanks, Skyie

A:Solved: Outlook Email Sharing

How do you have your Outlook setup?
Exchange, POP3, Imap?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-email-sharing.533658/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have used Outlook for many years as my main email client Present OS XP Home SP For some time I have been unable to SEND Outlook email! 2000 No - Solved: mail Occasionally it does go but usually it hangs in the Outbox eventually reporting that it can t find the server I Solved: Outlook 2000 - No email! had not changed my server settings but I have since tried changing them as my Solved: Outlook 2000 - No email! ISP kept changing hands - originally Freeserve then Wanadoo and now Orange This does not help But I could still RECEIVE email OK Then yesterday I found that I can longer receive mail either Outlook seems to try and connect something indiscernible flashes across the screen but no mail received - even when I know from accessing Orange Webmail that there is a stack of mail in my Inbox - mostly Spam I presume that it s an Oulook problem but haven t a clue as to what it might be Any ideas please Any help would be very gratefully recreived Thanks Bob J nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I am using Windows XP and Outlook 2003. Recently some emails have become stuck in my outbox and appear to be trying to send but never leave my send box -- yet the recipients report receiving the email over and over -- sometimes reporting over 25 times until they call to say "stop it already"!!! I have eventually had to delete the message to stop it from sending. Most of these messages have attachments, but not always. Please help before my friends and colleagues ban me!!

Relevancy 49.45%

Hey y'all,

Been searching for this answer the past day & am stumped.

The long subject tells the tale but here is more detail.

I have a Word 2K doc that I want to fax to my clients automatically. Their fax numbers are in my Access 2K database. I used mailmerge and found my data source, click merge, get the merge dbox and select electronic mail. Help I found said this is what is used for faxes as there is no fax option. I click setup & select my data field w/fax numbers. When I click merge I get a check names box from Outlook 2K saying no matches found for my # in the db. I've tried the testing from MSKB, everything checks out. I have removed check names in Outlook. I'm at the end of my rope. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Steve

A:Solved: Office 2K: FAX a Word doc to clients, # in Access, @ merge Outlook wants # from conta

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-office-2k-fax-a-word-doc-to-clients-in-access-merge-outlook-wants-from-conta.518049/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have set up 2 profiles/email accounts in Outlook. I have separate files for each but when I delete an email from one account it goes to the other account's delete folder. How can I separate the two? Thanks.

Relevancy 49.02%

Here s the scenario I had to use the quot recovery disks quot that came with my Toshiba laptop to avoid a hard drive crash which has forced me to re-install my MS Office software which includes my email program Outlook I remember when I first installed it I had the same problems trying to receive email My IP Outlook Help! receive Can't email Solved: 2003 in Charter Solved: Help! Can't receive email in Outlook 2003 said they could only help me establish my internet connection which they did but said I would have to contact a Microsoft tech support Solved: Help! Can't receive email in Outlook 2003 person to get my connection issues resolved with Outlook I had to cough up for a quot service fee quot to get a tech support person from Microsoft to help me out over the phone I remember having the change the incoming and outgoing quot port quot settings from the default settings of for incoming and for outgoing to get the program to work Naturally I forgot to write down the new settings and now I m having the same problems I had when I first installed Office I can access my email thru the webmail at charter net and when I used the quot test account settings quot after setting up Outlook I could see the test message sitting in my quot inbox quot at Charter s webmail site I Solved: Help! Can't receive email in Outlook 2003 m pretty sure I m having the same port settings problem again Can someone help me find out the correct port settings to key in so I can use Outlook again Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Help! Can't receive email in Outlook 2003

Since Charter controls which port to use, then THEY should be able to tell you which one(s) to use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-cant-receive-email-in-outlook-2003.848512/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

My friend is having a problem with OE.

He goes into his INBOX and reads his emails. He does not delete the emails he has read and then he signs off. When he goes back into OE the read emails are now in his DELETED folder

I have checked the settings and cannot seem to find anything that he may have selected in error and cannot stop this from happening?

Can anyone out there help with this

Thanks

Relevancy 49.02%

I work in a two-person office that uses Comcast as their ISP. All of a sudden neither of us can't access our email via Outlook 2007 using hostmonster's servers. I was also unable to ping their IP Address from the command prompt though I could ping any other web site I tried successfully. Comcast says they are not blocking it. When I went home where I use Comcast I was able to access my email.

I removed Webroot's security software which did not help. Windows Firewall is now being used.

Any suggestions on what may be blocking my access to my email would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Cannot connect to hostmonster email via Outlook

You did the right thing in checking from a different location to see if you could access your email. Since you could, then the problem is NOT with your hosting or email company. Tell your ISP what you did, and ask them to fix their problems. Maybe their routing tables. They might even have fix it by now, most ISPs fix these kinds of problems within a day.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-to-hostmonster-email-via-outlook.1011564/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello to all.

My Outlook 2007 is set so that the email address is filled in/auto completed. I would like to keep it that way.

However, there are some old emails to and from people that I will not need to get in contact with. But their email addresses are still in the auto complete list.

Would anyone/someone please tell me how to delete some email addressed from the auto complete list of email address?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 49.02%

I'm running Outlook Express on Windows XP Professional. When I send an email the message is sent with an undisplayed warning and the message remains in the Outbox after it has been sent resulting in it being continually resent until I manually delete it from the Outbox. A copy of the message is not saved to the Sent Folder even though the option is checked.I have run Nortons Utilities - and other utilities - and cleaned up Windows Registry and other Windows Errors - to fix my problem (without success). Is my Outbox damaged? Do I have to restore Outlook Express? How? Could anyone please assist. me.

Relevancy 49.02%

Some how I got a security alert tool notice and it locked up my computer. I was able to fix the problem by using my computer repair tool. I use Outlook Express and had to start all over. Is it possible that my old e-mails are still in the system. While rebooting/fixing, the message said that I would NOT lose any data. Thanks.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Guys

I have installed MS Office 2007 (Small Business Edition) on a new PC (Vista Home Premium) but Outlook will only accept an email from people who are already in my address book. (Thanks Bill!)
Any idear as to where/how I can change this?

Dave

A:Solved: Only known email addresses accepted by Outlook

Hi

Have solved the glitch

Setting in Junk EMail option.

Safe Lists Only was selected.

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-only-known-email-addresses-accepted-by-outlook.594920/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

I have a situation in which i am stuck since a very long time. I need to transfer apple mail email archives to my new windows laptop having outlook as e-mail client.

Its a request not to suggest any Imap thing because there are a whole lot of mails probably in thousands and i have gone through this procedure and its tiring to upload and download mails.

I am looking for a software that can do this job.

I have windows 8 as OS and office 2010. Looking forward for some problem solving replies.

Thank you

A:Solved: Export Email archives to Ms outlook

Thanks for the posts and support. I picked Mail passport pro and it worked flawlessly for my problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-export-email-archives-to-ms-outlook.1103826/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a problem when creating an email message in my Outlook I 2003 Outlook glitch Solved: email create a New Solved: Outlook 2003 email glitch Untitled Message I left click on the TO option to search my Solved: Outlook 2003 email glitch Contacts for the name I want I get this error The address list could not be displayed The Contacts folder associated with Solved: Outlook 2003 email glitch this address list could not be opened it may have been moved or deleted or you do not have permissions For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book see Microsoft Outlook help If I click on the OK option a Select Names drop-down menu opens with Contacts in the show names from Using the down arrow a list containing the following appears Outlook Address Book Contacts Contacts Personal Address Book The first item Outlook Address Book shows no entries in this address book The next Contacts shows the error message in item from above The next Contacts shows ALL my contacts which is what I want The last Pesrsonal Address Book shows nothing I tried following the help for removing a contacts folder that isn t desired but since the name is the same I can t delete remove the one that has nothing in it A point of info for you I installed Outlook from my original CD I then opened Outlook created a dummy contact then deleted the OUTLOOK pst file Then I imported moved my saved OUTLOOK pst into the same location where the file belongs Additionally because of this glitch I cannot make rules either Error from above occurs Please advise nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-email-glitch.768266/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am trying to create a button on my form that when pressed will generate an email in Outlook with the addresses and subject filled in. I also want it to include the current record on the form as an attachment.

I have been able to do all of this, except include the CURRENT record. Everytime I click the button, it always attaches the first record. Here is how I set it up:

I have setup a macro (SendObject) to handle the emailing. In the form, I used the DoCmd.RunMacro function to call the macro. Is there a way to tell it to send whichever record is the current one instead of the first? Or is there a better way to accomplish this?

Relevancy 49.02%

hi guys I have googled how to set up an email signature in Outlook Express and followed it to the letter Outlook signature email Express Solved: i think http email about com cs oetipstricks qt Solved: Outlook Express email signature et htm It seemed simple enough and I have a small understanding of html Unfortunately it hasn t worked It keeps displaying as code and not the image This is the code i have used lt DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC quot - W C DTD HTML Transitional EN quot gt lt HTML gt lt HEAD gt lt META http-equiv Content-Type content quot text html charset iso- - quot gt lt META content quot MSHTML quot name GENERATOR gt lt STYLE gt lt STYLE gt lt HEAD gt lt BODY bgColor ffffff gt lt DIV gt lt FONT face Arial color size gt lt A href quot http www janeeporter co uk quot gt lt IMG alt quot quot hspace src quot file D Documents and Settings Janee Application Data Microsoft Signatures Jane E Porter-art-uncut-smaller jpg quot align baseline border gt lt A gt lt FONT gt lt DIV gt lt DIV gt lt FONT face Arial color size gt lt FONT gt amp nbsp lt DIV gt lt DIV gt lt A href quot http www janeeporter co uk contact htm quot gt lt IMG alt quot quot hspace src quot file D Documents and Settings Janee Application Data Microsoft Signatures mailing-list-smaller jpg quot align baseline border gt lt A gt lt DIV gt lt BODY gt lt HTML gt Any help would be really appreciated thanks Janee nbsp

A:Solved: Outlook Express email signature

http://email.about.com/od/stepbystepwalkthroughs/ss/wt121503.htm

been so long since i did it and also not using Outlook Express any longer on that page is the start of instructions click on the next page and so on, pages are just below the first instructions, its all in pictures, can not remember going through all that myself though

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-express-email-signature.853599/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

I am trying to write a code for this workbook that will generate an email to my outlook account when the file is modified in anyway. I am not sure why my code is not working and welcome any assistance!

Additionally, it would actually be nice if the code were setup so that the email contained the information in columns B-F and was only generated when one of these columns is edited.

Thanks in advance!!

Ps. I tried to upload the file from my computer, but am getting a message that I am either not logged in/do not have access.

Relevancy 49.02%

The usual story, have done NOTHING to my PC, no new software, no changes, nutting!!

So suddenly out of the blue up comes this message when I try to send/receive email or create a new mail that says something like "You don't have permission to create an entry in this folder. Right click the folder then yadda yadda about administrator and permissions etc..................."

I have Googled the world but can't seem to get an answer. There is one that refers to PROPERTIES on the Email Folder and set "Delegates" but that tab is not on my version of Outlook!

I'm far from an ace on Permissions, Administrators and User Account Settings etc. and even after paddling through them as much as possible, still can't come up with an answer.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

A:Solved: Permissions on MS Outlook 2007 email

Never found the real answer so just deleted my single email account, started a "new" one and all fixed. Another mystery from MS!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-permissions-on-ms-outlook-2007-email.1114410/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all:

Made the mistake of trying to send a huge email through Outlook... now it is stuck and can't find a way to get rid of it. Seems to be sucking up memory and besides that it is irritating.

I'm using an Earthlink email address. My internet service is a local one and offers 4G.

What do you suggest?

Thanks.

A:Solved: Outlook 2010 - email stuck

if the item is stuck in your outbox, you may not be able to delete it until you set Outlook to work Offline (Send / Receive then Work Offline from the Ribbon). Note: This may not be instantaneous - you may need to let it sit in Offline for a while before you can go to your Outbox and delete the stuck mail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2010-email-stuck.1086352/
Relevancy 49.02%

I do biz with PayPal and have to send Pay Received notices to my book keeper but every time I try to do this Outlook goes dumb and circles with not responding
There was a brief period in the last week when this did not happen so guess another MS update that screwed it up?

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello!
I have an account that normally works with my Outlook 360 account. All of a sudden I started getting the attached error message whenever I try to send an email. I went into Outlook Account Settings to confirm that the password hadn't been changed or corrupted, and when I hit "OK" the email goes through just fine. So my settings seem OK.
What is causing this and what can I do to fix it?
Regards

A:Solved: Outlook Email Connection Error

We would need that attachment...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-email-connection-error.1145776/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Friends I need your Solved: Email Outlook 2007 Microsoft help this time for Microsoft Outlook Email Yes it was working fine for sometime but now I find that when receiving incoming mail that the system hangs for about - seconds and no work could be done Infact I tried to check this with Microsoft Support on the web site and Solved: Microsoft Outlook 2007 Email found that they have stated that microsoft support for data files with pst with max of GB However when I checked with my data file I have got around GB of data Am not sure whether this is causing for the hanging of the system at the time of receiving msg Maybe someone else who has faced this similiar problem might be able to h light or shed some light to this Give below the site from where I got the details ---------- quot You may experience performance problems when you are working with items in a large pst file or in a large ost file in Outlook Microsoft Office Outlook momentarily stops responding during typical operations This includes when you read e-mail messages move e-mail messages or delete e-mail messages These symptoms are most noticeable during mail delivery or during synchronization These symptoms become more pronounced as store size increases They are more likely to occur when the size of the pst file or the size of the ost file approaches gigabytes GB Additionally they are more pronounced in a very large pst file or in a very large ost file that is GB or larger Note When you perform the same operations in earlier versions of Outlook the same performance problems do not occur if the pst file or the ost file is large quot http support microsoft com kbid My doubt is whether this is the real cause for the hanging of the system or is it some other cause to it Appreciate if someone could shed some light to this problem Thanks Bye nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

My system crashed, and I had to get a data retrieval. I am sure I have it somewhere, but I am not sure which folder to look in. The problem I have though is that I can't search a lot because the system freezes up. Can someone Please help?

Relevancy 49.02%

I have been using Monster.Com and lately when I try to send an email to someone the computer tells me it cannot locate microsoft express. I know it is loaded as I am able to check my emails and it is in my stall/uninstall file. Someone said I have to fix my registry??? Can anyone help. Think I created this problem by loading then unloading Microsoft Office 97.

Thank You

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a friend with a freshly restored computer.
He can no longer read his Emails that have a ***.email attachment.
But ***.eml attachments work fine.

And his computer now works the same as mine, probably because I restored it for him.

If the ***.email attachment is read, OE doesn&#8217;t know what to do with it.
His Email with ***.eml attachments work fine.
If the ***.email attachment is renamed to ****.eml .. it reads fine.
If ****.email files are associated to OE .. nothing happens.
The ****.email attachments can be read in M$ Word.

So how would a computer be setup to read ***.email attachments ??
Is C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msims.exe the correct application ??

I&#8217;m curious why he&#8217;s getting these weird attachments from several sources ??

A:Solved: Outlook Express ***.email attachments

I'm not exactly sure why he gets these attachments. Some could be attached messages from people who use MSN. http://filext.com/file-extension/email doesn't say too much, but does mention that they are easily infected with viruses.

You should be able to open these by creating a new file type with an email extension. (Tools, Folder Options, File Types) Just use everything that you see listed for the .eml file type. The program would be "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /eml:%1

An alternative would be to use Regedit. Export the [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.eml] key. Open it in notepad and change the eml to email. Now doubleclick to merge.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-express-email-attachments.697210/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have 4 email addresses on the one account, when I generate a new email, the account icon is missing, making it send by the default email rather that let me pick which email address to use.

I believe that it did work but for some reason this option has stopped.

Hope you can help, thanks

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 Email Accounts

Hi CCBurke

Open a new message, verify you have the Standard Toolbar showing:
View > Toolbars > Standard

If the Standard Toolbar does appear and it is missing the Accounts button, right click on the Toolbar and select: Customize
On the Commands tab > Categories pane scroll down and select: Standard

Highlight the Accounts command on the left side and drag it up to the Toolbar and drop it.
Let us know if that works for you or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-email-accounts.823987/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am trying to figure out why my Outlook will send email but will not receive it My settings are all correct I verified them receive 2003 won't Outlook email :( Solved: with the ISP and I m on an inbound POP server and outgoing SMTP The error I receive is The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving POP server If you continue to receive this message contact your server administrator or ISP I contacted the ISP and they claim there is nothing on their end that is affecting this I do not leave a copy of messages on the server so my account isn t too chubby There is mail on the webmail application but still cannot get it to come to my inbox in Outlook My internet browsing speed is fine so it has nothing to do with that I tested my settings and all works well including incoming I simply do not know what could be wrong Suggestions Any help would be appreciated Business email being down for a few days is always detrimental Edit Forgot to mention - everything was working fine up until days ago We changed nothing at that point It just stopped receiving nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I am using Outlook 2003 with several different email accounts. Is there a way to have email sent to a specific account routed to a folder other than the "Inbox". In other words can I have mail for Account A sent to the Inbox and mail from Account B automatically go to another folder?

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Solved: Routing Email in Outlook 2003

You should be able to set up a Rule (Tools menu -> Rules and Alerts) to process messages coming through a specific account and put them into a specific folder.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-routing-email-in-outlook-2003.648970/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am setting up a laptop and installed MS Outlook (not Outlook Express). How do I set up my email to be left on the server. I am just checking email while on the road and want it to still be available when I get home. Yes, I know I can use webmail but I have several accounts and wish to check all at once.

Thanks!

Relevancy 49.02%

My netgear died so I installed the verizon 7501. Now I cannot get outlook express to send or receive email in my windows xp. I have changed the ports and checked/unchecked boxes for authentication to no avail. i use outlook to get my godaddy mail/gmail/yahoo. I realized xp is out of date anyhow and perhaps I should try gmail notifier instead...well i'm having the same problem it wont get mail, obviously a port problem? I was able to get the go daddy account to receive but not send mail by changing a port. I am getting the typical errors in outlook express such as 0x800CCC0F any thoughts? thank you

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I plan to update Office Pro 2003 to Office 2013 with Outlook. I need some Advice on how to move all of my Outlook info in 2003 to Outlook 2013.
Thank you, Richard

Relevancy 49.02%

The email program I actively use is Outlook Express. When I click on a direct link within an email or web site context, my computer uses Microsoft Outlook instead of Outlook Express. Then it puts the message into MS Outbox and it dies there. Please help me! Trish Miller email: [email protected]

A:MS Outlook email is stealing Outlook Express email

Not sure how to get Outlook Express to steal back your Outlook email, but here's how you stop Outlook from stealing the email in the 1st place:

(1) In IE, go to Tools >> Internet Options (you can also access Internet Options from Control Panel).
(2) Click on the Programs tab.
(3) Click the drop-down next to Email, and change it to Outlook Express.
(4) Click Apply and OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-outlook-email-is-stealing-outlook-express-email.172388/
Relevancy 48.59%

Can anyone give me step-by-stepinstructions on how to backup email files in Outlook 2003 on a Case Logic flash drive? I've tried the instructions on the Microsoft website, but the files are not being copied to the drive, for some reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Unable to backup email files on Outlook

I've moved this thread to the appropriate forum, since the "Miscellaneous Tech" forum is for the discussion and troubleshooting for other electronic devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-backup-email-files-on-outlook.830451/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am running Outlook with Windows XP I have a rather large Contacts file names When I start a Contacts Outlook Solved: Access Email 2003 to new email and click the quot To quot button I get the following message quot The address list could not be displayed The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened it may have been moved or deleted or you do not have permissions quot Yet when I close the message box another box comes up with a drop-down window that shows another Contacts folder When I click on that Contacts folder there are all my names But I can t figure out Solved: Outlook 2003 Email Access to Contacts how to make this the default folder so that Outlook will recognize names Solved: Outlook 2003 Email Access to Contacts when I type them into the quot To quot line of the email Anyone have any ideas I m sure it must be a pretty simple fix Thanks in advance for help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc T F A CN PF Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 Email Access to Contacts

Hi missbe

In Outlook, Open the Address Book.
On the Menu toolbar, Click Tools > Options

At the top there will be a drop down arrow for: Show this Address list first:
Click the drop down arrow and select the Contacts list that you want to appear when selecting the To: field.
Apply, OK to save and close.​
Close the Address Book.
Reopen the Address Book.
The preferred Contacts list should now appear as the default.

Start a new message to test.
Let us know if that works for you or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-email-access-to-contacts.956866/
Relevancy 48.59%

For no apparant reason, emails received via POP3 service (everyone.net) started arriving with subject lines and NO text at all in the body of the mails. Weird or what. Any thoughts?

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Everyone I have just migrated a user from Windows Live Mail to Outlook As the user originally had email accounts in WLM it has been a challenge to set up Outlook suitably The approach suggested by Microsoft is to use Profiles but the challenge with this is Outlook can only load one profile at a time This email Trying in Outlook 2007 get well 2 together accounts working to Solved: is not suitable as the user requires access to both accounts simulateneously Due to the above I took the approach of creating PST files One for each email account However unfortunately there is no ability to couple email accounts with PST files As a result all emails from both accounts are delivered to the same PST Solved: Trying to get 2 email accounts working well together in Outlook 2007 file Nonetheless I did persist with this approach for a time as I figured that I could create a message rule which diverts messages to the appropriate PST file depending on the originating email address Although the message rule did redirect incoming email where appropriate to the secondary email accounts PST folder it also left a copy in the Inbox of email account This doubling up of messages in the Inboxes of both email accounts is not an acceptable quot solution quot I finally gave up on using PST files and instead created a Solved: Trying to get 2 email accounts working well together in Outlook 2007 new folder in the one default PST The message rule now works fine and there is no doubling up of messages My user would still like to see emails deleted from email account going into an independant and separate Deleted Items folder and a likewise scenario for Sent itmes related to email account Is there any way of achieving this kind of files separation based on email address within Outlook Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated Thanks David nbsp

A:Solved: Trying to get 2 email accounts working well together in Outlook 2007

David --

I just changed computers, and after years on Outlook Express, made the move to Outlook. In Outlook, I have 3 different email addresses (all POP accounts) set up under the same profile, but each account has its own .PST, and mail for each one goes to its own inbox. I can also choose which email address any new mail is sent from.

You completed the first half of the trick to having different inboxes for different email addresses by setting up unique .PSTs. However, you also have to then associate each email address with the .PST you created for it. To do this:

1) Go to Tools> Account Settings.

2) You should be on the email tab, and you should see a list of your email accounts. Click on the email account whose inbox you want to change. At the bottom of the window, it should show the path where the mail for that address is currently being delivered to. (From your email, it sounds like both addresses are going to the "Personal Folders\Inbox" destination.)

3) Click on the "Change Folder" button at the bottom left of the window. This should take you to the list of .PST files you already created.

4) Click on the .PST file that you want that email address to be associated with.

That's it!

Just make sure that when you created your separate .PST files, that you did it using the "New Outlook Data File" option, and not just the "New Folder" option. You will only get the additional inbox/outbox/sent items/deleted items folders if you make a new Outlook data file.

Hope that helps!!

Andrea M

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trying-to-get-2-email-accounts-working-well-together-in-outlook-2007.912193/