Windows Support Forum

Solved: Add Old Email to Office Outlook !!

Q: Solved: Add Old Email to Office Outlook !!

Hi Friends,

I need your Help in Adding my Old Email to my Existing Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Email. I have my normal Incoming and Outgoing msgs running smoothly. However, I need to add another folder inside this email and add the old Msgs, so that I could view them when I need so ?

Appreciate if someone could help me step by step, being a novice on this, how to add this old messages to my existing normal running email in Office OUtllook 2007. Presently, I am running the COmputer on Windows XP ( SP2 ).

Hope that I would get a favourable response. THanks

Best Regards

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Add Old Email to Office Outlook !!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 10.75%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all

We're about to get fibre connected to our office building and the installation team have told us they'll be running Cat 7 cables to each office so we need to source a compatible router. I didn't even know there was a Cat 7 until last week, so don't know what I need to get!

I've been looking at AC Wireless routers but I have no idea if Cat 7 is compatible with them. Does Cat 7 use the same terminals as Cat 5/5e/6? Will I be fine going for a standard router or do I require something more specific?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Now looking for recommendations on suitable routers, see post 3 for details

A:Fibre Router for Office

Same connectors as 5/5e/6, so any router that would be suitable for your office on 5e/6 will be fine for 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fibre-router-for-office.203903/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have operated a small one man IT company for the last several years Most of my clients are small businesses Lawyers Chiropracters non-profits Right now I have several client offices that are upgrading up from Pentium systems and a few others that want to add basic desktop systems to their offices to act as counterparts to their mobile computers that they use primarily These offices generally are interested in low cost systems that can adequately and relatively speedily handle their basic operations web browsing word processing email database and CRM access etc Anyways I have generally not kept a large number of systems in stock before usually reselling systems that clients trade-in to other clients or just helping an office choose a good system off of newegg or geeks Since I have had so many requests for systems lately though I have decided to start actively buying systems office to Processor resell suggestions systems budget for I have over a decade of experience refurbishing systems so I decided to shop around for used systems to fix up but I have been having a hard time deciding Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell on a processor line generation brand to focus on I m considering the Intel Core Duo or a Turion or Athlon dual core Pentium D dual cores are very cheap but I know they are much slower than the core duos From their benchmark scores though it seems like a GHZ pentium d might be better than a Ghz core duo Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated in this regard My goal is to keep these systems under to sell and I don t need anything cutting edge nbsp

A:Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell

I think a Pentium G2020 will bring you the best performance for $65. The AMD A4-5300 is another great choice for $55. I think the Pentium is probably the better choice because of the larger cache, but for web browsing, word processing, and basic activities, the AMD will be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-suggestions-for-budget-office-systems-to-resell.192622/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello At the office where I work one view to office network DVR Using card there are two different phone lines each of which has a DSL contract On Using one network card to view office DVR one of the lines there is a dsl modem router which has a dvr connected for the security cameras I use the other router to Using one network card to view office DVR connect to the internet and for the local network sharing files with colleagues When I view the security cameras over the internet Using one network card to view office DVR using the router I connect to the image is really delayed I want to connect to the DVR v a local network with one network card so that the image is not delayed and use the other network card for the file sharing and accessing the internet How can I do this without creating a conflict I e having my computer try to connect to the internet using the network card for the dvr In summary I want to use one network card exclusively to view the security cameras and another network card for the internet and file sharing I m using Windows Home Premium Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Using one network card to view office DVR

You should be fine as long as the Internet NIC is plugged in first. Your routing table will confirm you have done it correctly.

jobeard can expand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-one-network-card-to-view-office-dvr.193241/
Relevancy 10.75%

I was bored the other night so I No output reassembling parts video good solved after -- decided to assemble some parts I had laying around into a working system It was late and I d had a couple beers so I wasn t at my best I had some trouble installing the Hyper but finally had it all together and wired up It seemed to boot up fine all fans spinning both drives spinning but no output to video I knew that all parts came from a working system tried another No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved monitor tried a video card cleared CMOS reseated RAM no video Took it all apart and examined the mobo looking for shorted spots and cracks nothing I could see was wrong Went to bed had nightmares about electromagnetic pulse weapons testing randomly destroying computers all over the world Got up determined to fix a computer that shouldn t be broken installed the CPU and Hyper No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved again noticed that this time it lined up the screws much easier and didn t press the heatsink as tightly - looked at the instruction illustration again and realized I had the X bracket on wrong before quot breadboarded quot it and the video works Put it all back in the case testing at each step to make sure it was still getting VGA output It works fine now The extra mechanical force applied by the X bracket being wrong was enough to stress the CPU or the mobo to the point of throttling the video output somehow So for all you others who had the same problem no video after re-assembling good parts which Googled up in the hundreds this is one thing you might check When installed properly most coolers will twist a couple of degrees without too much trouble If it s rigidly immobile like mine was last night with X bracket installed wrong then something s wrong The lesson learned here is don t drink and attempt to build a computer even if it s only beers in hours nbsp

A:No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved

I guess you could say...
The shlt hit the fan.
ok, terrible pun, I'm sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-output-after-reassembling-good-parts-solved.185193/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi all my daughter has told me she used to press the email button on her laptop and access her emails now it doesnt access the emails sorry not uch info .but does anyone have a clue what is wrong or what I could do or try thanks

A:Can't access email from email button

Does the laptop come w/ a program to customize keyboard settings? Maybe that a look at that. My Logitech keyboard came w/ a program called Setpoint which allows me to choose what email program to open when the button is pressed. I had an eMachine keyboard w/ an email button that opens up the default email program. So that's something else to check. Maybe the computer forgot what the default email program is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-email-from-email-button.183234/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all So the situation is thus we are looking into getting a new office NAS server? for server for our office currently all individual desktops and laptops and have been given a quote that has come in considerably higher than we d anticipated Part of this is due to the addition of a tape auto-loader as a backup device which is coming in at including tapes The benefits we ve been given for this are tapes being more robust especially if being take off NAS for office server? site and more secure than hard drives but I have a concern at how accessible the data is should we need to resort to accessing the backup This got me to thinking would a NAS device or multiple with hot-swappable drives used in a similar way provide the same functionality as the auto-loader but at a much cheaper cost And if so what would people recommend for this I am fairly well versed on consumer devices from the likes of Synology and we already have a Lacie NAS in the office for general file storage though it s not been that relaible but I have no experience with multiple bay hot-swappable models Is there a particular brand I should look at that offer more commercial devices or would a -bay Synology be fine Thanks in advance grinthumb nbsp

A:NAS for office server?

You are into the area of planning called "Business Continuation"; how do you continue
when there are different levels of failure?

Consider (list in order of difficulty):

drive or system fails
building becomes unusable (fire / floor/ storm)
city takes a tornado / hurricane hit
county / state looses power

In addition, tapes per se are frail media and for long term storage, need humidity and temp controlled storage - - and regardless, the magnetic info degrades and/or 'imprints' from one layer adjcent to another. We saw this with IBM and tapes stored at Iron Mountain.

Local backups (ie store onsite) work well for all variations of (1) and off-site storage
only delays the recovery time.

(2) will likely wipeout all local backups (tape or otherwise) and is why off-site is necessary.

(3+4) makes the point that off-site storage is viable ONLY when it is outside the area of the disaster.

IMO, tape is a dead media - - what a mess if you need to use a backup set and find that after mounting several tapes in a restore you find that the nTH tape is unreadable :OUCH:

a) you ask the right question; which NAS systems are most reliable?
Google for "review scsi nas with hotswap".

b) get a SCSI enclosure with several bays and implement Raid-1 (mirrored)
with auto-rebuild to avoid hard stopping the system while a new drive is brought online.

c) determine the degree of effort to recover 'lost data'. It is impractical to take
a drive offline every day, so what period can you tolerate between HD rotations?
(suggest one per week + one per month = 8 drive in rotation pool).
Then keep last weeks drive local and all else offsite.

my $0.02

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-for-office-server.178981/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello

I have windows XP. There are instructions on the net to use NTBACKUP.MSI. Even though I downloaded the file the computer can't find the file.

Whats the best way to back up to a portable hard drive on a regular basis?

ALSO

I also would like to back up my address book to the portable hard drive.

Thanks Heaps

A:Back up XP + email addresses to portable hard drive

What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/back-up-xp-email-addresses-to-portable-hard-drive.177972/
Relevancy 18.06%

Im trying to set up an email in outlook 2007 with ms exchange 2003. Under the exchange proxy settings, i set the connection settings to RPC.domain, and check the box that says "Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal in their certificate: I use the "msstd:rpc.domain

A:MS Outlook connection with Exchange 2003

Sorrry, I accidently posted before i was finished. but I get an error message saying "the connection to ms exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or conncected to complete this action. Can anyone help me with this. Much appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-outlook-connection-with-exchange-2003.176076/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello all,

Please feel free to comment on this hardware list.
Use : as above in title
No: O/C,SLI,Crossfire,movie downloads,on line games, etc.
Have: 1440x900 flat screen,mouse,keyboard,speakers
Budget;< $600

Thanks in advance for your kind input.

ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM H61 DDR3 LGA1155 mATX PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 PCI VGA DVI B3 Motherboard

Intel Pentium Dual Core G620 Processor LGA1155 2.6GHZ 3MB Retail Box

Powercolor Radeon HD 6770 850MHZ 1GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI VGA PCI-E Video Card

Kingston 4GB Kit 2X2GB 1333MHz DDR3 240PIN DIMM Unbuffered CL9 1.5V Memory Kit

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5IN SATA Internal Hard Drive OEM

LG GH22NS70 Super Multi 22X SATA DVD Writer Black OEM

Coolermaster Elite 370 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 3X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS

Corsair Builder Series CMPSU-430CXV2 430W ATX Power Supply Active PFC 120MM Fan

A:Budget new build for home/office/casual gaming

Nice build

The Radeon HD 6770 has a requirement of "450 Watt or greater power supply"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-new-build-for-home-office-casual-gaming.174536/
Relevancy 10.75%

I wasn't able to connect through my wireless router to the internet on any of my wireless devices until I plugged in my wireless usb stick. I plugged it into one laptop, and now I can use both. Why would this happen? My mother has the same connectivity issue, and do you think I should try the same thing? It seems as though that every wireless connection that I come across has this problem lately. Every single one. I am confused, is it just me?

Renewing your IP address. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network. I used to get that error every time I tried to repair connection.

A:I have solved my limited connectivity and need some answers

I think the lack of responses here may be the result of everyone else being confused as well.

Try explaining that a little better, its not exactly clear what your problem is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-solved-my-limited-connectivity-and-need-some-answers.174540/
Relevancy 22.36%

Not sure if this belongs here or on the networking board. Anyway...
We have a network of about 20 pcs. I recently installed four new machines that run Windows 7 with Office 2010. The server is running Server 2003. Three of the machines worked perfectly from the beginning, accessing the server and sharing folders and files. One machine will only open files in "read only" mode. I have shared all the folders and given every permission there is but it will only open the files in "read only". It is a critical accounting machine that has to share and change files. What am I missing?

A:Sharing folders and files in Office 2010

hmm; your wording is imprecise so need to make sure what you mean,

Office 2010 can not be shared other than the Calendar events and that's not done
via "sharing".

You don't state the application that is sharing the common file on the server,
but I assume some accounting system installed on multiple client systems are attempting
concurrent access to the same accounting data.

You don't say if this has ever worked before with this setup or if this is the initial install for the Sharing of the accounting data.

First action is to access that file by only one system at a time (ie: disconnect the mapped Drive letter) and get that working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-folders-and-files-in-office-2010.174216/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi My system already had an Nvidia GT Gcard installed and running for about years now Yesterday i got a BOOTMGR error and had to repait that file using the Windows Disc This involved using the onboard video chip of my motherboard Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group - Model GF -M TE Upon resolving the BOOTMGR issue i was unable to resuse my graphics card I have tried reinstalling drivers motherboard drivers resetting CMOS etc The trouble is when i try disabling the onboard chip through device manager it still will not switch to the issue (not solved card Graphics threads) by other any Gcard There is also only an Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads) option in BIOS to set the onboard chip to ON or Auto ON I do not have the driver CD for the graphics card and gave been using the Nvidia site for them Also what appears to be odd is that the computer does not detect the Gcard at all and only the onboard chip even if i uninstall the drivers for it and disable it Any help would be great nbsp

A:Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads)

I suggest a clean reinstall of the OS and drivers from scratch. Clean out your PC, re-seat all the components and continue with a fresh install of OS, drivers, etc.

If that doesn't work, then it's an issue with your card or the PCI-E slot on the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-not-solved-by-any-other-threads.169495/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, firstly I have a working knowledge of home computers and have been asked to sort out our computers in the office.

At the moment we have 3 desktops and two laptops running off of a server. The problem is the server keeps crashing and we can't access any emails or the shared drive we all use to store company information. We are getting fed up with the IT company we contract to sort out our computer needs. I was wondering if we even need a network server - would it be reasonable in the short term to just have a networked hard drive or two that we can all access. Could someone explain to me in simple terms what the benefit of a server is ?
I will say this is a new company and our IT needs may increase rapidly in the near future.

Thanks

A:Advice for our office network

A server is just another system, specially configured, to run Services and store common data.

A WEB server (aka google.com) has an HTTP Service running on port 80
and a backend process that find user search keywords in a database and returns an HTML output of those URLs.

A common 'Server' for business is the Windows Server {2000, 2003, and now 2008).

The Windows Server(WS) can be configured to provide

1. a local DNS Service

2. a local DHCP service

3. an LDAP (or Active Directory Service)

4. and frequently an Exchange Server (for email)

Services 1+2 then control your company hardware network and service lookups.

Shared data is usually kept on the WS and accessed as Shared Directories.

The brute-force simple network just uses a system to contain the Shared Directories

and everyone just does his/her own thing (ie no domain.name and no email server {which doesn't look good or show much professionalism} ).

If Joe Doe jr, IT-Guy can't give you a stable WS, get another. This time ensure that
you get refunds of the monthly service fee for every hour of down time (if they balk at this, select another - - they're not too professional either).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-for-our-office-network.164408/
Relevancy 21.07%

We host a domain 'nabina.com' with brinkster.com and use the same to provide us with emails to all our staff. The 'Servie Provider' provides facility to capture the incoming emails to another account. My concern is the email that our staff send from the individual Pc's in the workgroup/domain which I need to monitor and filter anly selected email. I would like to mention an example the emails that our sales staff send to suppliers must be blocked while to the cutomers should be allowed. Additional features to the device is welcome.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-filtering.162499/
Relevancy 22.36%

My home network consists of a 3com office connect and 2 PC connecting to it through wireless. In the 3com config, i can see the Internet IP address is 203.223.210.232 but i am not able to ping it from my office network.
The router actually connects to the socket provided by my building, so i havent really subscribed to any ISP. I don't know if this IP is real and can be accessible from outside. Or the issue is that the router just doens't repsond to my ping. Any suggestions? Thanks!

A:Cannot ping my 3com router from office

it looks like a external ip but it still could be internal only.
you buildings network could have ping or icmp disabled or disallowed..
i would assume that there is a router/ switch which distributes network access to everybody, managed by the building.

did you try an nslookup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-ping-my-3com-router-from-office.159981/
Relevancy 10.75%

hey y all- i had a for undervolted PS modem Problem solved: modem connectivity problem that had an easy answer and I thought I would post a note just to keep us all thinking creatively -- My computer DSL connection was iff-y then died I figured out that the power supply for the wire modem Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem was dead - I did this by Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem process-of-elimination and by don t try this at home sticking my tongue on the power tip of the power supply - at volts you should feel a little buzz - no buzz dead power supply So I head of to Radio Shack Go Lance They don t have a volt ps They do have a multi-power adapter that includes volt in the range of selectable voltage by a switch It costs more than a plain volt power adapter should but I want to read Techspot so I Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem pay the extra money for a multi-adapter rather than find one off the web and wait for shipping Multi-adapter had wrong polarity and this was not switchable so I had to cut and reverse the wiring don t try this at home unless you know what you are doing - wrong polarity will smoke and kill whatever low -voltage thingie yo uplug in including DSL modem Prob Solved Months later I get modem problems I think it is a wireless connectivity problem because whenever I try to hit the web by wireless the modem freaks out Somehow days later it occurs to me power could be wrong sure enough one of my preschoolers had somehow pushed the power adapter voltage slector switch from volt to volt -- so when the desktop and the laptop were both trying to pull data through the wire modem it was just enough power drain to make the modem shut off So if you have connectivity problems as always check the classic quot is it plugged in Is it turned on quot intervention first - check for a dead power adapter on your modem And if you have to improvise and use a multi-voltage power supply adapter you might want to glue or tape the voltage selector button in place nbsp

A:Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem

This is called "Common Sense" troubleshooting

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-solved-undervolted-ps-for-modem.158649/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I got a slingbox for Christmas and I need more ports.

I currently have 5 computers, a printer, Apple time capsule w/wi-fi AP, and a vonage box connected to a Netgear 8-port FVS318 connected to another Vonage box which is in turn connetced to my dsl modem.

So I'm looking to move to a 16 port router with some type of QoS support that I can prioritize the traffic from the vonage boxes so they don't cut out when I'm on the phone & transferring files or using my sling box.

I have been browsing around and I found Netgears FS116E but I'm not quite sure if this would be a good fit or quite how it would best fit into my network since it is a switch.

I have also been told I should look at a gigabit router.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA,
Jason

A:Upgrading home office network - need suggestions

Do you really need a 16 port router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-home-office-network-need-suggestions.158837/
Relevancy 10.32%

I Logitech stopped Left wireless working click mouse on (Solved) m creating this post just fyi should it help anyone else with this problem Here s what I Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) tried and at least in my case how i solved a quot mouse left click doesn t work quot problem I have a Logitech wireless laser mouse and use rechargeable AA batteries The other morning i powered on my computer as usual and tried using my Logitech Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) wireless mouse but left click didn t work although Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) rt click and mouse movement continued working just fine Things i first tried that didn t help gt Reinstalling Logitech Setpoint and mouse drivers gt Reinstalling Logitech USB transceiver firmware gt Pressing the quot reconnect quot button on the USB transceiver to reconnect transceiver to wireless mouse gt Changed the mouse batteries a couple times and also tried recently recharged batteries Then i had a hunch well it was really more of a last ditch hopeful guess - but it seems to have worked I removed the batteries and let the mouse sit overnight without any battery inside it When i put batteries back in the next morning the mouse has been working fine again ever since Go figure stickout nbsp

A:Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

Good stuff there J. I don't know anything about wireless mice but i am wondering if it "reset" itself. Just a thought and a small one at that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/left-click-on-logitech-wireless-mouse-stopped-working-solved.158582/
Relevancy 10.75%

Short version - I used DG45ID (solved) motherboard Intel dead a non compatible cpu which has the effect of leaving Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) the board switched on Long version - I bought the DG ID off ebay and got a CPU to go in it I switched on the fan worked and HDD was active but no screen The USBs were active When I switched off at the mains When I switched on it powered up without the start button I realised I had a non compatible cpu I bought an E The first time I switched on at the mains it came on without the start button but subsequently I had to press start to power the board ie as normal CMOS jumper When I bought it the jumper connected pin with the LED pin I assume that is like a removed jumper ie BIOS flash mode Hence Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) when I connected a DVD drive it Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) crashed I assume it was looking for a bio file Nothing I could do would recover the board The green standby light came on but nothing else It was dead No USB power no fans nothing I remembered the wrong CPU that had left the board quot switched on quot I put it in and it behaved as before power but no monitor I then replaced the E and hey presto I was in but only on cmos recovery there was no bios But the USBs were active So I removed the jumper flashed the BIOS from a USB stick and it s up and running NB the intel manual is wrong regarding the CMOS pins It shows pin closest to the battery That is actually pin If you look I can t post the pdf link page the pin is clearly show closest to the battery I thought it was strange that all the images on Google show the jumper on pins furthest from the battery the manual says that is the recovery position nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-dg45id-motherboard-dead-solved.158177/
Relevancy 22.36%

I already have laptops, pocket PCs, mobile phones, and tablet PCs

A:What devices can you use for mobile computing in the office?

Need to describe What you NEED to do vs what you would like to do.

Have you ask the I.T. department about company standards/policies?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-devices-can-you-use-for-mobile-computing-in-the-office.157797/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello I am moving my small business into a new office in a few days and could do with some advice on configuring the network There are Router, - Office Network Small Modem, Switch RJ connections in every room which is cool these all feed into a -port patch panel which the last guys left behind Every PC on the network needs to be able to access the internet our storage server and other network attached devices such as printers and faxes Q If our modem goes into a router and the router goes Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch into a switch box and all PCs and other devices including the storage server are patched into the switch box will Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch this work We will be using one dedicated IP and I believe that if the modem goes straight into the switch box each PC will unsuccessfully compete for that same IP So does Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch going through a router alleviate this Q Do patch panels have speed limitations Despite being entirely passive is it possible that the patch panel might only be Mbit I haven t bought the switch box yet so would like to know if there s any point going for Gbit over Mbit Couldn t see a model number on it unfortunately Thanks in advance Will nbsp

A:Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch

edanfalls said:

Hello,

I am moving my small business into a new office in a few days and could do with some advice on configuring the network.

There are RJ45 connections in every room which is cool, these all feed into a 48-port patch panel which the last guys left behind.

Every PC on the network needs to be able to access the internet, our storage server and other network attached devices such as printers and faxes.

Q1). If our modem goes into a router, and the router goes into a switch box, and all PCs and other devices including the storage server are patched into the switch box, will this work? We will be using one dedicated IP, and I believe that if the modem goes straight into the switch box, each PC will unsuccessfully compete for that same IP. So does going through a router alleviate this?Click to expand...

you are correct on both points. the issue is where does the DHCP service originate {the router or a Domain Controller[*]}?

Q2). Do patch panels have speed limitations? Despite being entirely passive, is it possible that the patch panel might only be 100Mbit? I haven't bought the switch box yet, so would like to know if there's any point going for 1Gbit over 100Mbit. Couldn't see a model number on it unfortunately.Click to expand...

No, the panel is entirely passive and therefore invisible to the network. Active components, eg routers & switches could be factors.
You are at that point of an investment and cudos to you for asking before diving in :wave:

This is the time to create a Gigabyte backbone and use 100mb client access to it (not GBit). This will ensure the whole network gets good service an not single client can dominate it. The sole exception I would make is to use a GB nic in every server system attached.

[*] Instead of using the router to provide DHCP, a better choice is the Domain Controller server (provided you use one ). You can then configure static addresses from one location and set the DHCP range in the same place. DHCP and DNS typically are from the same server, while Exchange and Active Directory are elsewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/small-office-network-modem-router-switch.146650/
Relevancy 20.64%

Right ok, I have a probably simple request, but its baffling me. I need to have my iPod and PC download emails. But I need it so that, if i delete an email of my iPod, it isn't there on my PC, and vice versa. But I need it too so that if I download the emails to my iPod, I can still access them on my PC.

I'm using a firefox extension called SimpleMail, that has options for POP3 and IMAP, and is useful and quick compared to thunderbird for me.

I've tried it, but just can't figure it out! A detailed step-by-step guide, would be HUGELY appreciated. Probably put this in the wrong section too, but its the best I could think off.

A:Email setup help needed, for iPod and PC!

Basicaly any email account with IMAP would be able to do that: Gmail, MobileMe & even Yahoo! offer such services.

Emails are available on all the machines using the IMAP account & even your replies are copied over to all the machines so you can still access them from another machine than the one where you wrote them from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-setup-help-needed-for-ipod-and-pc.146334/
Relevancy 10.75%

I did a fresh install of Linux Fedora and discovered that this new version of Fedora doesn t like my Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card I tried numerous installation techniques but they failed every time I scoured the forums for answers but no single answer would work Finally I rearranged the steps from a graphics Linux card Installation on of Nvidia SOLVED Fedora 12 couple of different forums and it worked If you re having trouble getting your Nvidia card installed in Fedora then give this a try Let me know if it works Nvidia Driver Install for Fedora Edit the boot grub grub conf file using Gedit Open a Terminal Window Login as Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED superuser enter quot su quot at the command prompt and press Enter You ll be prompted for your password Type it in and press Enter Paste Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED gedit boot grub grub conf into command prompt and then press Enter Find the kernel line in the grub conf file It will say something like kernel vmlinuz- - local fc x Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED ro root UUID XXX rhgb quiet After the word quiet paste nouveau modeset Save and close the grub conf file At the Terminal prompt paste setsebool -P allow execstack on and press enter At the Terminal prompt paste yum --enablerepo rp g install kmod-nvidia uname -m xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs i xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs x Exit all instances of Terminal Reboot Well that s what worked for me I m running Fedora in x screen resolution using my Nvidia GeForce GTX card It looks great Hope this works for you too Best of luck Stevizard nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installation-of-nvidia-graphics-card-on-linux-fedora-12-solved.138392/
Relevancy 18.06%

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

A:Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

You would benefit from the server handbook or an outlook manual... too much to explain here in usable terms, methinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-not-connected-in-microsoft-exchange-server.137647/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi guys!

A family friend has requested me to build 3 PCs for his office. His budget is really low. I need a processor, motherboard, RAM, HDD for within Rs. 10,000.

I was considering a build with the Athlon II X2 240. However, I will need a cheap motherboard that supports this processor out of the box as I do not have an older AMD processor to be able to update the BIOS.

Else I'll go with an Intel E5200 build.

You could suggest some stuff from this website: http://www.lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=87&category_slug=desktop-hardware

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Cheap Office Build

Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H Motherboard looks promising

at frys its 99

69 with a rebate

thats the cheapest i can find

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cheap-office-build.136843/
Relevancy 37.41%

A user has been using her laptop for several years and uses Outlook for her POP3 email.
When we installed a server and joined her laptop to the domain she was unable to see her email without logging out of the server and logging back into her local account.
How do I let her domain profile be the same as her local profile?

A:User loses access to outlook email after being joined to domain

You can't, it's considered as a different user. Just take the settings from Outlook and import them into the other account name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-loses-access-to-outlook-email-after-being-joined-to-domain.134427/
Relevancy 10.75%

I would just like to revisit one of the posts from yesteryear Entitled Raid Problems and Essential Data Recovery I had a major problem with my HD discs after my motherboard blew When I replaced my motherboard due to the bios not being configured Data Raid Essential Problems 0 solved Recovery and to know how my Raid drives operated I thought I d lost it all - and so did everyone on these forums and my friends BUT after a little use of common sense and hope I got it all back and I did it all by myself Here s the basics I got a cheap IDE HD disc drive I stuck it into my motherboard as the master drive with my Raid ones as they were in the raid slots didn t matter which way round I installed Windows on the IDE drive I bought some software like Runtime Raid Reconstructor I ran that software It detected the Raid drives even though windows couldn t I asked it to perform a configuration test It completed the test and opened my drives I used an external drive to remove Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved all stored data off the Raid drives I eventually removed the IDE drive and formatted the Raid drives ready for a standard configuration and Windows Install I put all my files back Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved on to the Raid drives from my external JOB DONE Now I ain t no tech head right BUT I understood that the concept of openning Raid drives in RAID requires two bits of information Block size Drive priority ie which is first second Any Raid reconstruction software will work out through trail and error what the configuration is of your drives so you can get your data off This isn t a tech heads version of what to do but I was stuck for months last year thinking I d lost it all I of course won the battle and punched the air a fair number of times Hope this helps any of you out there in the troblesome Raid land nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-problems-and-essential-data-recovery-solved.134378/
Relevancy 10.75%

I want to put this up just encase anyone had the same problem I did and if I remember correctly there were a few people that posted the same problem on other forums The problem When I ran anything very graphically intensive like crysis furmark or when I ran a game without vsync on my PC would crash and I would just see lines on the screen or just see blackness 4850 Crashing problem solved I even got a replacement for my card and they said it was faulty and sent me a new one but it still happened just less often Solution In your bios set the pcie frequency to not auto How came to this conclusion I had just helped my friend build a PC for the first time and he had done a lot of research and as we were overclocking his CPU he mentioned that he heard you should set the pcie frequency on your motherboard to not auto or it will overclock itself during intense graphics After I had a few more crashes I remembered him mentioning this 4850 Crashing problem solved so I tried it and no more crashing not even in furmark So thanks to him I don t have to worry about crysis cashing anymore and I can finally overclock nbsp

A:4850 Crashing problem solved

Hey thanks for posting this!
I have the same videocard 4850 and it gave the same problems and i didn't know why.
Thanks for posting this (I thought i was the only one).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4850-crashing-problem-solved.131682/
Relevancy 18.06%

My smartphone used to sync with the office Exchange Server, but I now want to sync my Outlook contacts with my home PC using standalone Outlook 2003. My PC runs XP SP2 and ActiveSync 4.5. Smartphone is Windows Mobile 6 Standard.

It looks as if I cannot sync Exchage Server contacts to standalone Outlook - if I try to switch to synching with Outlook it tells me the contacts on my phone will be deleted. Is there a safe way of diong this? I would rather retype all my contacts from the phone screen than risk losing them - I can no longer access my former office's Exchange Server.

Thanks for any help - Firepig

A:ActiveSync, Outlook and Exchange Server

Try updating XP to SP3 and check for other Microsoft Updates too, while you are at it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/activesync-outlook-and-exchange-server.124634/
Relevancy 22.36%

What are you going to use the work Build office Cheap Comp - PC Comp Build - Cheap office work for - Browsing and office work MS or If possible also Comp Build - Cheap office work run Battlefield and Age of Empires How much is your budget - Lets say below sterling but the cheaper the better Where are you located aka fill out your profile - England Are you willing to buy online - Yes Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build - Nvidia GeForce graphics card a DVD reader and DVD re-writer i ll provde specs if needed monitor gb ram DDR Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others - nope Have you already bought any parts - nope I have posted my previous problems in some other threads I wont go into it but I would like to know if it was feasile to save the new HD I bought This is supposed to be a completely new build so case is also needed nbsp

A:Comp Build - Cheap office work

Is the 6800 PCI-Express?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-build-cheap-office-work.124104/
Relevancy 20.64%

Is anyone out there who can help me? I am registered with Incredimail for emails & I need to change my email address with them & although I have tried every which way to find out how to do this I cannot find a link within incredimail.
I would appreciate any help I can get as it
is driving me crazy. If I am unsuccesful I will have to remove Incredimail & go elsewhere. Thanks to anyone who can give me an answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-change-incredimail-email-address.123976/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I know a good amount about computers but i have almost no knowledge about audio cards I m currently running a Dell Inspiron and have full factory default hardware and settings its a dell many personal problems with dell so i don t mess with them anymore One day my volume controls quot disappeared quot so i rebooted my comp and they still weren t there so i uninstalled my audio driver and rebooted then reinstalled the driver with another problems Solved: Sigmatel audio Major card with reboot Nothing So i repeated this process times installing from the CD provided by Dell and times from dell com Still nothing I then decided to do an operating system repair Took over hours and got to the Windows XP Boot screen the one with the XP symbol right in the center durring pc boot up and it said quot Please Wait quot Sat like that for hours So I turned off my comp and rebooted it Everything works but the audio still After the Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card quot repair quot i tried twice from the CD and twice from dell com and still nothing I don t know if its my sound card or just faulty downloads Please help nbsp

A:Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card

Please confirm all your Dell drivers are updated from visiting this thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-major-problems-with-sigmatel-audio-card.117340/
Relevancy 37.84%

When composing an e-mail in Outlook 2007 (Vista), the typing never wraps round to the next line; it types as one continuous line from left to right. What do you do to change this back to multi-line?

Thanks for you help.

Compused

A:Outlook 2007 (Vista) email page layout

Which format are you using to compose the message? (HTML, Rich Text, or Plain Text?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2007-vista-email-page-layout.122456/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi all I googled looking for solutions to problems recovering a Compaq Presario computer and found a link here so I thought I would post a possible solution I have stumbled across Make sure the system you are recovering has been restored to FACTORY SPECS That means removing anything that wasn t in it when it was new PC Name Recovery solved problems brand I just tried to restore a Name brand PC Recovery problems solved Compaq Presario SR AN with a new hard drive in it from a new set of HP supplied recovery disks I got one error after another with problems copying files to the Name brand PC Recovery problems solved hard drive I got as Name brand PC Recovery problems solved far as a reported of the installation before I was forced to stop It reported problems copying Driver CAB and Base INP I managed to get Driver Cab installed by putting in a recovery disk from a different set but no way could I get Base INP to work After suggestions from HP that the Motherboard wasn t plugged in WTF I tried dismantling the machine and reseating the CPU that I had previously removed in cleaning and reseating the undisturbed DVD IDE cable and the HDD IDE cable I also removed the extra MB of RAM that the customer had installed to take the system from the factory supplied up to I then re-ran the recovery process with absolutely no problems I believe there was no problem with the seating of the cables or CPU I believe the main problem with the system was that the recovery process baulked when it discovered more RAM than HP had installed and would not continue I know next time I have to recover an HP Compaq or other brand OEM system I will be ensuring that the system is COMPLETELY back to FACTORY SPEC nbsp

A:Name brand PC Recovery problems solved

I take it that the extra 256Meg of Ram did not originally come from HP
I'm not sure if that's relevant or not, but even same rating Ram (but different manufacture) has been known to cause issues (ie best to use exactly the same Ram cards always)

I was discussing a similar matter earlier on here: Windows will not boot with more than 2gb of ram (although the emphasis in that thread was the 2Gig max, before installing Windows, and strangeness of having increased ram in a system)

Either way, thanks for your post, it was interesting to note this issue (and likely cause)
Many times during a Setup fault, I have advised members to remove extra Ram cards and try again. It may be that the originally recorded Ram (under re-imaging) may be the answer (on some computers that may have Setup problems) Sadly you would need to test this issue on 10 similar, same spec, computers to really confirm. Or contact HP technical support, or possibly their tech forum, to ask of others experiences.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/name-brand-pc-recovery-problems-solved.121467/
Relevancy 10.75%

Of late I found my desktop PC crashing now and then. The situation was getting worse by the day and it was becoming frustrating to use the PC.

I opened the box and got my fingers dirty, so before I looked further I decided to blow out all the dust with a vacuum cleaner. Loads of dust billowed out. I would recommend holding the CPU fan blades so that it does not spin uncontrollably.

After the dust clean up, the PC is working great and no unwanted crashes. I guess the dust was preventing the cooling of the CPU.

A:WinXP constant crashes solved

Thanks for the info

I stated similar fixes, and other common power up fixes here:Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winxp-constant-crashes-solved.120934/
Relevancy 21.07%

every time I log into my email God save the queen plays and repeats over and over
I have an old amptron 2000 laptop with realteck audio. Never a problem till today.
I ran spy bot, AVG, adaware,CC cleaner, looked over my shoulder, repeated including re-booting and still the refrain goes on. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Email Sounds distress

Are you kidding? What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-sounds-distress.120331/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there,

Can someone help me with this. I've almost decided on these parts and I think they would be suitable for a basic office and internet pc(i've had a bit of a look and can't see why they wouldn't be). I would just like a second opinion. I already have the screen, a keyboard and mouse. just need the actual system. All the prices are from pcmaniacs.com.au

Vantec ION2+ Ultra Quiet 450w SLI PSU 135mm Fan $55.00
Corsair Value Select PC5300 (667) 2048Mb/2Gb Module $55.00
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6Ghz AM2 Dual Core Retail Box $89.00
Coolermaster Elite 341 mATX $49.00
Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2 AM2 $89.00
Samsung HD161HJ 160Gb 8Mb SATA II $69.00
Microsoft Windows XP Home OEM $135.00

$541.00
+ $45 postage.
Total $586

Going for xp home as i'm on a very tight budget and each dollar counts. Hence the cheap parts and small hdd.

thanks in advance. Any comments would be appreciated.

A:Basic PC for office work, will this be good enough?

Yes, it will be fine.
But there are much larger hard drives available for less money. Look at Directron.com, ZipzoomFly.com, and NewEgg.com
Consider a Seagate first, or a Western Digital over the Samsung if the price is close enough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/basic-pc-for-office-work-will-this-be-good-enough.120204/
Relevancy 18.06%

I hope I'm putting this in the right place and I know it's probably I really simplistic question, but here it is:

I have Comcast Cable internet via modem that connects to my DLink 4500 gaming router. I have a PC(wired) , Laptop (wireless), another PC(wired), and XBox360(wireless) all connected to the Cable internet and home network.

I was thinking about changing my Comcast mail to Outlook express -- is this a good Idea? Can it be done? If so how do I do it? If I do it will all my mail accounts go through Outlook or can I just do mine and not my son's and husband's? Sorry again if this is not the place, but I figured you're used to newbies not knowing where to post. Thanks

A:Comcast Mail to Outlook Express

Your Comcast email is known as a Webmail solution, while Outlook, Outlook Express
are Pop3 Email Clients.

All you need is to configure your Email Client to access the Postoffice @ Comcast;
you will actually still be able to use BOTH

The Comcast settings are here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comcast-mail-to-outlook-express.118139/
Relevancy 21.07%

Good morning I have a HP Pavillion Desktop computer at home email with Trouble and I recently signed up for Comcast high-speed internet Trouble with email which is run thru a cable modem The internet works great and is very fast Here is my problem I cannot do any kind of email If I try to click on the login button to sign in to our account it says quot page cannot be displayed quot It does this if you try to do any kind of email This is the first time that I have ever had this problem on my computer We didn t have internet on the computer for about a year and a half I Trouble with email also went to Apple com the other day and tried to download the latest versio of iTunes and it said quot page cannot be displayed quot Someone suggested turning off my Windows firewall I really didn t want to do that but I tried it and it didn t solve anything My Norton Security is out of date and needs to be updated but I don t know if that would have anything to do with it or not Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Trouble with email

You are a little vague on specifics.

Did you create a new Email account with Comcast during the install?

Are you trying to use that account or an 'old' account on another ISP?

Do you also use a router? Kind/type?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-email.117979/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a very strange problem that I have not been able to correct...I have an office network with 3 computers. We can access every internet site with no problem except the company website. This problem also continues into our outlook. We cannot use outlook to check our work email which also uses the same domain as the company website. From computers outside of the office we can access our website and webmail fine.

Anyone have any ideas what would be causing this problem only on the three computers in my office?

A:Office Network Problem

with three systems having the same problem, suspect the gateway router and/or the server firewall itself

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/office-network-problem.117983/
Relevancy 10.75%

I have had my gateway desktop computer for years now and recently had to have someone come fix some sticky issues with it It involved partially reinstalling the OS after are Media problems solved on troubles Keyboard OS Key PS/2 or something along the lines where Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved the OS CD was involved It s XP by the way Everything seemed to be working fine except when I went to use my iTunes program The problem is with my keyboard a PS keyboard whose brand I am unsure of as it s the keyboard that originally came with the computer I ve been using iTunes for years now and the media keys on my keyboard play pause stop foward back ect have always functioned with it I could go through playlists just fine by simply hitting the keyboard buttons However after this issue that required messing with the OS I found that my media keys won t work with iTunes An error message pops up and says quot There is no CD in the drive Please insert an audio CD VCD or DVD and try again quot I have NEVER gotten this message before now Is there a way to adjust my settings for my keyboard to work with iTunes again either via iTunes itself or something else Thanks nbsp

A:Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved

Try reinstalling iTunes!! Or get a USB keyboard, theres a link i will post you but your gonna hav to be a little patient as i cant send you that link until i have five posts here lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-key-troubles-on-ps-2-keyboard-after-os-problems-are-solved.115870/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi there,
Can anyone help me? I'm quite desperate here.
I'm having problem with my keyboard/USB.
When I press any key on the keyboard, that instant all USB devices are disconnected. And soon after I unpress it, the system will detect all USB devices like they were just plugged in. I say all USB devices, cause it doesn't matter USB mouse or USB drive, they all get disconnected.
It's frustrating me cause I can't use a USB mouse.
Please help

I'm using a Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA.

A:Solved: Pressing key disconnects USB Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA

How many USB ports does that have? and what are connecting them. If you could also please look in your event viewer (Start>control panel>administrative tools>eventviewer, and check the "SYSTEM" area. double click any item in that list for a detailed description. You should see some errors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-pressing-key-disconnects-usb-lenovo-3000-n100-0689gra.73059/
Relevancy 18.06%

Every time I compose a new message in Outlook Express and use MIDI music as a background the SW SYNTH in audio gets knocked back to zero. This only happens in OLEXP, toherwise MIDI's play OK.
Running Windows XP Pro SP3 OLEXP 6.0

A:Outlook express affects audio control

What is your computer? Make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-affects-audio-control.114792/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi I am a small business owner running laptops and a desktop pc one of the laptops is running xp although will hopefully upgrade it to vista soon I am looking to purchase a NAS device mostly for media sharing and syncronization between pc s but would like to be able to access my email accounts via outlook NAS email knowledge and lacking. although would consider another product with same basic functionality eg local storage tasks calendar etc I am using googlemail for all my NAS and email knowledge lacking. accounts I am aware that there are several NAS devices out there that let you connect and manage NAS and email knowledge lacking. files remotely over the internet It seems that to me that it should therefor be relatively simple to have all outlook or alternative files stored on a remotely accessible NAS to synchronize accross all pc s automatically on login hereby removing the need for an expensive hosted service such as MS exchange I have googled just about every variation I can think of to find the relevant information but to no avail I am fairly savvy for an unqualified home user but lack the deeper understanding of NAS and outlook to get through this one on my own If this is possible please give some advice on setup and the best hardware fro the job Lastly if the NAS doubled as a print server that would be cool too MAny thanks in advance for your help Best regards Don nbsp

A:NAS and email knowledge lacking.

NAS devices (Network Attached Storage) just attach to your LAN using the File Sharing,
Map Network Drives capability.

1) Internet access to one of YOUR LAN drives is a big security hole, so that's not the
right approach.

2) depending upon the software you use to send/receive, sharing email files can easily corrupt them and you lose everything.

If I wanted Internet access to my email, I would use a Webbased email solution
(like gmail), configure it to retain all down loaded email, and the use my pc
to access the gmail pop3 account.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-and-email-knowledge-lacking.112499/
Relevancy 18.06%

Help! How can I share Outlook 2007 Calendar on 3 networked computers running vista home premium? Don't wanna spend 700 bucks for Exchange Server. Can it be done?

A:Share Outlook Calendar

For workgroup users (ie those without a domain controller), it is done by sharing
each appointment;

create or open an appointment
click the Attendee Availability tab
at the lower left, click Invite Others
enter the name of the Contact and click find
when selected, click Required or Optional
repeat for all attendees
when done, click OK
as each Contact receives the appointment by email, they accept or decline the schedule
their calendar and yours are updated
and the status of all can be seen using the radio button Show Attendee Status

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/share-outlook-calendar.112199/
Relevancy 21.07%

Can anyone guide me about Video email marketing? Is it possible to customized banners and links with my video emails?

A:Looking for Video Email Marketing

Re:Looking for Video Email Marketing!

Video email marketing is a new tool in market which allows the entrepreneurs to access video email facility with the use of microphone and camera and communicate directly with the end customer. It harnesses the power of video in conveying emotions, tone, and energy while leveraging the flexibility of an email- like system. It increases the market value and credibility of the user. You can get more information from and yes it is very simple to customize banners and links with the video emails.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-video-email-marketing.111123/
Relevancy 18.06%

Lots of valuable information in that file I'd like to access. I was able to create a new Outlook file in safe mode so I guess the program is OK.

It was suggested to me recently the cause may have been due to me having Microsoft Service Pack 1 at the time. I had not updated to Service Pak 2 (which I now believe has been updated to Service Pak 3). Has anyone had experience with this and, if so, do you think there's a chance that if I update my Service Pak that I might still have a chance of recovering the data I had in my original Outlook file?

A:Still unable to open Microsoft Outlook

I dont think just upgrading to service pack 3 would do any good.

May be you need some more luck there.

Hope you get the help you need

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/still-unable-to-open-microsoft-outlook.110662/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey I am helping a family member setup a network and need help.

the setup is as follows

Store "A"
Store "B"
"Main office"

He wants to let Store A & B use the main sale software which is located in the Main Office. How can we do this, should I just setup a VPN for both stores so that they can login to the main office or would I need a back-end server. Thanks

A:Setting up branch office need professional ITs

And they are in the same building or contiguous?

I would to with the VPN... unless there are a lot of computers, meaning more than 8

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-branch-office-need-professional-its.109097/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello,

I'm older, as are my eyes, and the type in HTML emails is difficult to read. I changed Outlook 2003 to display everything as Text so I can enlarge using my scroll wheel but the tons of hyperlinks detract.

My Windows menus and Firefox are 14 point for easy reading but I can't find an Outlook setting that applies to HTML messages.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

K2B

A:Enlarge type in HTML email

Have a read of this thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=618919
It states Outlook2007, but should be similar (if not the same)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/enlarge-type-in-html-email.108628/
Relevancy 10.75%

So i bought my new 2 sea gate drives,and as before like i said the previous hds was randomly getting dced etc,now when i bought the new drives worked great then started to do the same thing as the previous drives,not being picked up in bios etc,then i decided to change the plug in my ultra x3 800 watt psu to a molex to sata connection,that worked picking up the hds no problem,

so does it sound like a wire issue or the psu giving the issue?cause as soon as i switched it to the molex to sata instead of the other sata connect in the utra x3 which uses different wires and different ports it worked.

a waste of 184 but i got better hds and i can just sell the 2 500 gig wd drives i got

A:SATA problem solved but a bit concerned

Ok yes it does seem like a faulty Power Supply

Also you should have just replied to your original thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic107883.html
Instead of making this new one.

But oh well !

Anyway, if the molex do not cause any issue, then you could continue with them
I wish you had tried that before. I didn't suggest it, because it is uncommon (very uncommon), especially with two !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-problem-solved-but-a-bit-concerned.108143/
Relevancy 21.07%

I know it probably is, but I thought I would ask anyway. I got an email to 'Test' and 'Keep' a Dell XPS laptop. So what kind of scam is it?

A:Email Scam?

DON'T OPEN! If its not malware,it's a sales scam. Just label it spam and drive on.....Don

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-scam.102864/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi I have this problem we have a server running exchange server. There is 3 computers connected to the server running outlook. On 1 of the computers all of the emails have been deleted how can i restore the emails back onto this computer the other 2 computers have all of the emails.

A:Outlook passed 2gb .pst file

Oh I thought you were wondering about changeing the maximum limit : http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=98129

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-passed-2gb-pst-file.102976/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hey people
I have Microsoft Outlook 2007 Service Pack 1
I would like to know how I can install Polish for spell checking
I can speak Polish but can't write it

A:How do I install Polish language for spell checking in Outlook 2007 SP1?

I think installing Proofing Tools from your Office CD and then install Polish proofing tools.

More info here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061229.htm

And here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179042.aspx
And here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937156

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-install-polish-language-for-spell-checking-in-outlook-2007-sp1.102973/
Relevancy 19.78%

I bought a used IBM Thinkpad T20 Thinkpad Type 2647-92U from eBay for use this semester on campus. It is in great shape and has a recent edition of Windows XP but an older version of MS Office which does not boot properly.

This computer was a part of a network and keeps trying to connect to it each time Windows loads. It came with a LinkSys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter 2.4 GHz 802.11g card.

The CD is an official copy; clean and has no scratches or nicks. The DVD/CD-ROM will boot other CD's such as music CD's and DVD films and data discs with MS Word files etc on them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Yours,

Kyklopes

A:IBM Thinkpad T20 Thinkpad Type 2647-92U Won't Boot my MS Office 2005 CD

That T-20 is pretty long in the tooth. I suspect your optical drive either needs cleaning, or is worn beyond repair.
Did you try the CD in another drive as a double check?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ibm-thinkpad-t20-thinkpad-type-2647-92u-wont-boot-my-ms-office-2005-cd.96257/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I recently bought an dip switch with solved x700 problems Ati x and it ran fine for while but then artifacts and other garbage started to appear on screen Eventually it would not run any d d or hardware accellerated games This really got to me since Battlefield and Tron were two new games I bought and I couldn t play I tried changing drivers reinstalling windows and putting it into another computer In which it worked but eventually failed I was about to chuck it when we noticed dip switches on the underside of the card No idea what they Ati x700 problems solved with dip switch do Ati x700 problems solved with dip switch but switching them both to the opposite setting didn t work Then I put switch at position and switch at position This worked I have a watt psu gb generic ram and an AMD Barton ghz I don t know what those switches are for if anyone does please reply I d like to know what I did I have heard a lot of complaints about this card and vista so I m wondering if these switches could solve problems for those people I only changed them as a last resort Wow am I ever happy nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-x700-problems-solved-with-dip-switch.92918/
Relevancy 20.64%

Anyone else run into this issue?

We have 4 seperate computers running on a wireless network here at work. Recently we started having an issue where we can access the internet through email, but we can't pull the internet up via a web browser (IE). We end up having to click on the "repair" connection button for windows wireless over and over and over until it actully allows us to access the internet via the browser.

Have you experienced this? What is it all about?

A:Have email access...but can't pull internet up on browser

Hello, Mudshack, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, try restarting the router by unplugging it, waiting about 10 seconds then plugging it in again. Make sure that the settings are saved on it though otherwise you'll have to put them all in again.

P.s. this should be in Storage & Networking forum really but i expect a mod will move it for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-email-access-but-cant-pull-internet-up-on-browser.89971/
Relevancy 10.75%

Ever since my old motherboard died Biostar NF Socket and I bought a replacment board a MSI K MM -VH VIA Based should have seen it coming I ve been having blackout problems and lock-ups due to Infinite Loop problems however I think I solved it by disabling ATI Smart by going into services msc and ramping up my memory timings However now I m having Windows problems related to memory to another... my Loop just I I solved think go Infinite to Problem I think Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer CELERON-D Description Error code ea parameter fd b parameter c bc parameter f becb parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another... d System E f rror Er f f ror code e d a Param eters c fd b c bc c f I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another... bec c b My Memory Timings that are in use when this happens is DRR Speed mhz CAS RAs to Cas Delay - T Command Rate is T And the black outs and lock-ups almost seem familar to the Infinite Loop Syndrome however I have no idea where to go from hear By the Way I have tried Multiple video cards on this system Both ATI and both have failed If I slow down my memory timings then windows tells me that the videocard hangs I ve tried registry fixes the beta patch by VIA turning off VPU recover turning off ATI Smart have updated drivers to everything didn t go to Cat though because then Invalid Display CRT errors appear I get anywhere between and errors of this when I boot up The strang thing is though once out of every or random boots the next boot up will go smoothly and I can play games for hours I have no idea what is going on nbsp

A:I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another...

(I hope you have access to a computer with a CD burner.)

I've found this tool very helpful at identifying bad memory. It's positively identified bad ram 100% of the time for me. Download this and follow the instructions to burn it to a blank CD-R. Then boot from the CD-R on your suspect computer. Run the Extended Diagnostics for at least one complete cycle. (Usually if it doesn't detect RAM pattern errors on the first cycle then the RAM is good and there isn't much need to run additional cycles.)

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Post the results here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-i-solved-my-infinite-loop-problem-to-just-go-to-another.82874/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi up setting medical a in help a office in need small network I just started my own office and would like to set u a network in the office I have setup networks mostly wireless at home I woud like to setup a hybrid network office will have one server about desktops printer scanner and one laptop i am setting up asterix pbx need help in setting up a network in a small medical office a friend is helping with that and voip phones have to run wires across rooms would like to have wireless networking for laptop use I have zyxel mimo router and plan to extend it by adding a switch I need a basic idea about how to run wires have to run wires across - rooms my understanding is that i need one cable for each computer So if i have a printer and computer in a room-- i would need to run two cables from two ports---right also need help with which cable to use cat cat e what other equipment do I need thanks appreciate your help much christy nbsp

A:need help in setting up a network in a small medical office

Basically the rule of thumb is one cable per device. I would use cat5e for this type of setup as it will give you room for expansion as cat5e is gigabit ethernet capable (assuming growth is always good instead of re-wiring infrastructure). This is the cable most often used in fast ethernet setups (100MBps).

Also keep in mind that the maximum length you can use for the cabling is 100M or your going to run into some serious issues.

You also need to use different ethernet cable types for the devices. For Example - If you go from Router to a computer, you use straight through. If you go from router to switch, you also use a straight through. The only time you connect devices using a crossover cable, is like devices. Ex - switch to switch, router to router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-in-setting-up-a-network-in-a-small-medical-office.81112/
Relevancy 11.18%

Running XP Pro. Computer reboots randomly. May be while using it or most often when idle. System Restore would not work until turned off and back on, but of course I lost all restore points.

Tried Spybot Seach&Destroy, Adware, ATF_Cleaner, AVG Anti-Spyware, SuperAntiSpyware, Panda Activescan. None found anything.

Attached is HJT log. I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks
John

A:Solved: Random rebooting.

Hi john760 and welcome to techspot. =)

I've checked you HijackThis log and it appears to be mostly clean. Fix these entries though.

O9 - Extra button: Linked Images - {D8980DE8-9D4C-4fb0-8FB4-95B1FA4125AD} - C:\Program Files\IEimage\IEimage.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Linked Ima&ges - {D8980DE8-9D4C-4fb0-8FB4-95B1FA4125AD} - C:\Program Files\IEimage\IEimage.htm
O16 - DPF: {DBA230D1-8467-4e69-987E-5FAE815A3B45} -

I noticed an entry:
O4 - Startup: restart_vs.lnk = F:\Viewsonic.exe

Do you recognise this file or process, and why is something running from F:\ ?
Let me know in your next reply.

Your problem could be non-malware related.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of john760 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-random-rebooting.79561/
Relevancy 21.07%

My husbands aunt has dial up, we set her email account up but now several months later it is telling her that someone else has that account and she is unable to send email, this is the 2nd time this has happened. How can this be fixed so it doesn't happen again?

A:email conflict in msn

Hi Twinkletla1 and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

You dont say what email provider you have, if its with an ISP or with one such as MSN hotmail, Your thread title mentions MSN so I'll hazard a guess that she either hasnt used in for more than once in 30 days and as such the account has been shut down, this is to prevent unused accounts cluttering up the MSN server and filling with junk mail.

To keep a hotmail account active you have to login regularly, about once a fortnight at least.

If its another provider than please post back and let us know.

Whilst your here could you do me the honour of reading the threads below It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-conflict-in-msn.79168/
Relevancy 21.07%

I wonder if anyone can help. I have been receiving emails without any problems but when I try to open some of the attachments, all I get is a page of gobble-de-**** nonesense.

Someone suggested that I save these emails as a 'eml' insted of a 'txt'.

I have no idea what this means and even less of an idea of how to do it.

Can anyone help?....

Ali

A:help with email attachment

What e-mail program are you using?
What are these attachments supposed to be? (You should never open an attachment with unknown contents!)
Who sent you these letters and what e-mail program did they use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-email-attachment.77805/
Relevancy 19.35%

Which company or software are good and fast. To let me use my office computer from home. thank you.

A:Which site or software that will let me use my office computer from home computer

It would be the software that your work system administrator allows you to use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-site-or-software-that-will-let-me-use-my-office-computer-from-home-computer.75478/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any tools available on the internet to trace an email.It's a junk mail.Please help.

A:Tools for email trace

You can check e-mail headers via the options button while in an e-mail. Copy and paste the text from one and we'll see if we can trace its origin (blank out any important network information to do with yourself or your company such as public IP address if you like).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tools-for-email-trace.74023/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey guys,

I'm wondering about buying a surge suppressor for a small office. A recent electrical storm took out at least one power supply in my dad's office, so I'm thinking we should get a surge suppressor installed. There are five desktops in the office, each consuming on average 300W, I'm assuming. There are also two laptops probably consuming at most 150W.

There is already a UPS serving most of the computers, but that doesn't hold them for very long, as it probably isn't meant to power as many computers as it is. Anyway, I wanna talk to my dad about installing a dedicated surge suppressor. What brand, or better yet, model, should we be getting? I know nothing about surge suppressors.

Regards and thanks for any replies

A:Surge suppressor/protector for small office

Tripp, and APC are both good brands, andthe thing to look for it not just surge suppressors and battery backups but ones that have AVR (Auto Voltage regulator) capabilities. brown outs and such can be just as damaging as power outs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/surge-suppressor-protector-for-small-office.73354/
Relevancy 18.06%

I am encountering a bizarre issue synchronizing a Motorola Q to our in-house Exchange server. Topically, everything is working as expected. The problem at hand is, at seemingly random intervals, the Outlook inbox as well as the Q Outlook inbox randomly marks all messages as read; as would be expected, this is creating havoc in matters of scheduling, &c. I have searched all of the Outlook settings, as well as all available Outlook-related options on the Q to no avail. Has anyone had any experience with these phones or any such synchronization issues? Outlook 2003 is completely updated; I am not sure about the version of the Q's firmware, but would assume, considering the phone is new, that it is probably the latest version....

Any ideas?

Regards,

Shane

A:Motorola Q- Outlook 2003 sync issue

Check with technical support for Motorola Q phone... To see if they have any issues like you have described above..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motorola-q-outlook-2003-sync-issue.71124/
Relevancy 20.64%

It just happend a week ago Internet became terribly slow many websites - about of them - don t load at all page not found and I can t send Email - only recieve MSN Messenger either connects or not it depends if it feels like doing so In addition Start- gt Run- gt cmd- gt ipconfig had displayed quot ipconfig quot is load, Email don't can't Websites send not recognized as an external or internal command and something with a Websites don't load, can't send Email batch file I was fixed by going to My Computer- gt Properties- gt Advanced- gt Enviroment Variables- gt Path and editing Websites don't load, can't send Email it to c windows system Before changing it had been something with Quicktime which was fully uninstalled afterwards My Specs AMD X GTX Extreme MB DFI LanParty Ultra-D OCZ GB X - - - WD GB RPM ENERMAX Watt DMark Using NOD Sygate Firewall Adaware Regvac Registry Mechanic Tuneup Utilities Whats the problem I ve tried uninstalling the Ethernet drivers and reinstalling didn t work My computer is virus and spyware-free and well-protected What could go wrong nbsp

A:Websites don't load, can't send Email

refer to this tutorial

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/websites-dont-load-cant-send-email.71253/
Relevancy 18.06%

http www shoprbc com ca shop configurator php cgid I m on ABOUT a not inc tax and not REALLY that low budget but that isn t SOLID though if I find something worth breaking my budget OR YOU suggest that I will be very happy with a particular item and I d have to break my budget I m also trying to sell an old HP Pavilion just to generate a few extra bucks And I don t want to sound like I m complaining so don t take it like that but I m in a wheelchair which is WHY I have to do work that I can :) QUOTE! QUOTE EMAIL decide ME shops THE and This me help page; sit down in and I DO spend A LOT of time in front of my PC so MY PC is very important to me which is why I m This shops QUOTE page; help me decide and EMAIL ME THE QUOTE! :) asking for your help with this AND I think if you read the very end of this post I have a fun way for you to help me out Now I want to do multimedia and a BIT of gaming I m going in to Media Design maybe even GAME DESIGN itself in school next year this is why I need a new machine so I need to be able to for example run TWO extremely CPU intensive apps at the same time like a multitrack mixer and a track editor so I know I m pretty much having to go with the duel core SO I already have a case the simple black anatec one everyone else bought when it came out in and they just have to put in a new PSU for me for the bit mobo I also already have piles of disk drives and a DVD writer that is just fine So now I m PRETTY sure that I want to go with a DUEL CORE because I ll need it for my multimedia work And I m very familier with the ASUS products already so I d probably just want to stick with them but if there is something less expensive that is MORE suited to my work then please suggest it RAM I do not BELIEVE is an issue though I could be wrong but I was just going to go with the basic g After I ve picked my chip and board up all I need to do is pick a graphics card and a sound card for my multimedia work and yes I understand that with my budget I m trying to put together a pro machine and its difficult to do that But my basic idea is that since I m just a starter multimedia artist and not a pro I don t NEED the PRO version of what a pro would use and pay for right NOW anyways so what I m trying to do is get the smaller cheaper version of the machine I would WANT to own when I got out of school and was working The baby version of the monster I would get when I m really working I know its hard with my budget but don t forget that I m in Canada and I m going to get taxed to death when I buy this So can you help me configure the Chip Preferably DUEL CORE but if that is what is driving up my price too high all the time then I THINK I can deal with single for now though I may regreat that Mobo there are some odd chipsets out there now why do ATI and NVidea have chipsets does that mean I don t need the card anymore and if I AM going to get a Radon X-card of some type then can t I save money but NOT getting a board with the onboard stuff RAM was just going to go generic gig providing it works Video card is it REALLY needed in some of these mobos these days that have the integrated stuff otoh isn t the integrated stuff not that good and shouldn t I just get a quot plain quot mobo with lots of slots and buy cards instead - I DO plan on buying a VIDEO card so well see Sound card cheapest that I can attach a MIDI piano to later or I ll do that more seriously and again see PSU How much power am I going to need Sometimes because I have SO MANY USB things plugged I think I already run low on power A SO all I m asking YOU GUYS to help me with is deciding on the best motherboard and chipset platform to work everything else off of and IF I should even bother in some cases getting the cards if integrated chips if I DO PLAN on buying an ATI PCI-E video card and insert brand sound card anyways I ve NOT been keeping track of this stuff much anymore just only have time for so many quot tech quot hobbies so I just do not know what m... Read more

A:This shops QUOTE page; help me decide and EMAIL ME THE QUOTE! :)

i would go with an intel core2 duo processor, asus 680i motherboard, and at least a gig of corsair DDR2 800 ram, in dual channel config. i reccomend two smaller hard drives as apposed to one big one, so you could run them in a fast raid 0 array. raid 0 combines the capacities of the disks involved, so two 160GB drives would give you single 320GB volume. as for the power supply...go with a name brand (that's important for pretty much all computer parts) known for quality, such as antec or PC power & cooling.

if you get a single video card, i would say get the antec neopower 550w, which is quiet, efficient, and supports modular cabling.

as for the USB usage you mentioned, your USB controller (mobo) is going to be the limiting factor in determining how much power can be drawn.

i would edit your post and remove your email address, this is a public webpage and can be viewed by anyone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-shops-quote-page-help-me-decide-and-email-me-the-quote.65245/
Relevancy 20.64%

new build/ pros and cons /please

New build? This may not be the greatest, however the price seemed right for a first time build. Biostar Gforce 6100 M9 nvidia socket939 with heat sink on the nvidia 4 chip. Atholn64 3200+ Venice. Kingston dual channel 512 pc3200 ddr 400mhz 2x256. Thermaltake 430w ps I'm open to any thoughts, so my next will be better PS: Its for my 14 year old daughter who mainly does Im, email, music, Surfing, my space ect Thank you Kirk

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-daughter-im-email-music-basic.61249/
Relevancy 11.18%

hi, being a beginner to computers i think i have made a mistake.

i have just bought a new laptop which came with a sp2 recovery disk.
i used this disk to reformat my old hp pavillion computer instead of using its disk and now im having problems booting.

when first installed the computer was running great untill i rebooted.
all i get now is the blue hp screen for a second and then the screen goes blank. no error messages or anything.
i have tried to reboot using the original xp disk(sp1). it tells me its checking disk and then itall goes blank again. i have also tried to boot from fdisk but it tells me to replace disk and try again. (made disk off another comp running xp sp1.

can anyone please help me.

A:xp booting problem not solved

The system disk is made for the system it came with. Recovery disks work mainly on the computers that they're designed for. For instance, my parents' Sony has a system recovery tool that reinstalls Windows and installs all of the systems programs in a specific way that would not work in any other machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-booting-problem-not-solved.59321/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have a weird problem connection problem when I to go to Outlook. The connection says authorizing then a timeout error. This problem comes and goes. Does anyone have a thought as to what this might be?

A:DSL/Outlook Express problem

Try disabling email scanning in your AV/Firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dsl-outlook-express-problem.54704/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi. I have a small office network to set up for database but i dont know much about it.. im more on peer to peer network ( sharing files and printers from workgroups).

here is the current setup:

8 computers running MS XP pro media center edition. with internet connected in a wireless with 4 port router.

Planning to setup:

Install a server and create a domain which will connect the 8 workstations

I would like it to run only on Desktop server (Pentium 4 3.4 ghz, 1g memory, 250 sata hdisk, Mboard Built in lan, vidcard, sound).

which is better OS MS SBS 2003 or MS Win server 2003 standard edition SP1. if you can teach me a step by step setup how to create domain and connect workstations easy.

If anyone could give me some help I would greatly appreciate it. tnanks

A:Setting up a small office network

maybe better to use apache
most addon's free
and or make a linux server box if you can handle linux
apache is on the disc

my server now runs apache ,linux
are you going to have website to??
if not just need to go to SBS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-small-office-network.54513/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all. I have a small office network to set up but im not TOTALLY sure how to go about it! I was hoping to iron out a few points on here.

As Im sure you'll ask for the details; here is the current setup:

4 computers running XP pro, networked together as a workgroup.

I am planning to install a server and create a domain.

The part where I am getting stuck is the email.

Basically, they all need email access, now Im wondering should I just set everyone up with outlook, or should I setup exchange server? - is exchange swerver useful in this situation or not?

If anyone could give me some help I would greatly appreciate it.

Dave

A:Help setting up a small office network

Truthfully in your situation I would just set up outlook and forget exchange. It will save you money and resources.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-setting-up-a-small-office-network.53988/
Relevancy 21.07%

I'm looking for a way to trace a spammer, legally, with legal intent.
The isp would be great.
attatched is txt I've gotten already.
Thanks for any help.

A:Can yahoo email be traced?

if emails come to a mail client like thunderbird ot mozilla you can view the whole content
view message source
that may get you origin
thunderbird and mozilla only
I don't know bout IE or messenger

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-yahoo-email-be-traced.48254/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello from newbie to this forum After searching threads I could not find solution for this particular and perplexing problem I have a small network as follows Winxp pc Win kpro pc G Mac All connected through SMC Barricade router which is connected to adsl modem Sprint The problem is that the Win pc has lost ability to connect to internet through any browser IE FF Moz Opera I can send and receive email use my ftp program to connect to remote servers and upload download files and can move files from my Mac to PC via Dave client software Here is what I have tried so far powered off everything then powered up modem router pc bypassed router hooked pc directly to modem disabled firewalls uninstalled reinstalled tcp ip uninstalled reinstalled nic replaced nic with known good one use internet, out email, ping can receive Cannot can access FTP, replaced cat cable I can access internet with the winxp computer Cannot access internet, can receive email, use FTP, can ping out using it now I can ping from win computer to this computer and mac can ping router and modem from win pc can ping loopback and ip address from win pc ipconfig shows that I am being assigned an address all pcs on net have same subnet mask address I cannot ping the win pc from the mac or the winxp machine I have also run WinsockFix exe I have deep scanned with Norton for viruses I have run Adaware and MS spyware Still no joy I would appreciate any suggestions nbsp

A:Cannot access internet, can receive email, use FTP, can ping out

May sound daft, but have you ran the Internet connection wizard, sometimes it just fixes things.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-internet-can-receive-email-use-ftp-can-ping-out.46962/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have windows XP .When i opening Microsoft outlook It get hanging.When i changing the data store folder then it opening.After 2 or 3 days the same pbm occured.I have Macfee 8.0 installed on that pc.
Plz give solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-outlook.44346/
Relevancy 21.5%

Following 2 re-installs of SBS2003 on my Dell 400SC server none of the workstations on our network are able to send emails via Exchange server.
The error message that keeps coming up is:-
"553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)"
I'm pretty sure this is just a setup issue but having searched several other forums there seems to be several opinions as to the cause of this error.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
All the workstations are running XP Pro (SP2) and using Outlook 2003 for email. :blackeye:

A:Email not being sent

Normally this would be an incorrect DNS configuration on a Windows Server. Check your event viewer. If there are DNS errors, you may want to resolve those first. If you DNS is clean, you still may want to use the IP address of your Mail Server instead of the domain name. Additionally, something I've run into in the past is some ISP's only allow sending of mail within so many seconds of POP3 authentication. I believe QWest does this. This is their way of preventing relaying but it screwed me up seeing how they provide our connectivity but my POP3 email is with another company that houses our domain so I never downloaded POP3 from Qwest. It could be that username and password authentication are required to get around this. I'm not sure where that setting is but I'll try to remember to look on my server at work tomorrow. If I find anything good, I'll let you know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-not-being-sent.43606/
Relevancy 22.36%

The doctor that I work for would like to install monitors in each treatment room of his clinic (4 rooms total) when going over x-rays with his patients. He mentioned that he had seen flat wall monitors in another doc's office and he really dug the 'coolness' factor that these monitors bring.

My question is: where do you get these monitors? Is this a tv that can be connected to a computer wirelessly or is it an actual computer monitor? Does anyone have any experience with setting these up? Thanks for your help in advance!

A:Hang up wall monitors for a doctor's office

It's just a plain LCD screen. The mounts on the back are standard, so you have to just buy wall mounts for them.
Some of them can accept video inputs from a VCR or cable box much like a projection monitor so you can watch TV or videos on them.

Stop by your local BestBuy or CompUSA...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hang-up-wall-monitors-for-a-doctors-office.42637/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have just lost every thing on O/Exp, all folders, emails the lot, it now looks like the first time I ran with O/Exp all the basic folders are there but empty, I have tried restore but it's just the same. Have done a search and what comes up is the same empty O/Exp. I have a feeling that the start up may be inhibited as I had a start up progame and monitor which I have just deleted. HELP, if the wife finds out I will be made to do the ironing for a month aaah.
Degs

A:Outlook Express Disappearance

This link is almost relevant- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313055/ the bit about searching for .dbx files certainly is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-disappearance.42308/
Relevancy 21.5%

About a months ago I set up a connectivity Wireless office connection.Limited Small Internet broadband small office internet broadband connection consisting of computers connected to a Netgear router adsl The managers PC is hardwired into the router There is WEP hex secruity enabled and it is Open and the Wireless Small office Internet broadband connection.Limited connectivity router has been setup so that the controlled access list of machines isnt enabled so any PC can connect to it easily hardware wise it s quite a mix the router is netgear of the new machines have got belkin wireless cards fitted includes mine and the others are netgear Everyone is running windows xp sp Everything was working fine and connection speeds were great But since last week one of the computers is reporting the message quot limited or no connectivity quot This machine has a Netgear wireless antenna card fitted and is using Windows xp to configure it I found the software that came with the card was buggy with service pack so i didnt install it but purely installed the driver and it was working fine until last week There are no firewalls installed I have checked the WEP code and it is correct i ve checked TCP settings and imitated what I have for mine apart from where it says quot IP address quot Subnet mask default router and prefferred DNS is the same I have tried setting it to get IP address automatically but it still gives me that limited connectivity Have tried getting on the internet with the quot problem PC quot but it doesnt work and says page cannot be displayed I typed ipconfig on it and it gives me it s IP address as all the other IP addresses start I dont know if that is part of the problem I m tearing my hair out trying to solve this Any ideas or fixes please would be appreciated thanks in advance nbsp

A:Wireless Small office Internet broadband connection.Limited connectivity

169... IP address gets assigned when Windows can't get one from the DHCP server.

You either have the encryption settings wrong or the wireless card/drivers are bad.

You should try disabling the encryption temporarily. Also, try swapping the Netgear adapters between Netgear-using machines (if the cards are the same type) to rule out bad hardware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-small-office-internet-broadband-connection-limited-connectivity.17918/
Relevancy 20.64%

ehy guys i am at a cafe in austin trying to send emails from a wireless connection, it says i have excellent connection but am unable to send, can receive email but not send, pls help

A:trying to send email from wireless connection

"unable to send" means what? What program are you using? What kind of a mail account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-send-email-from-wireless-connection.33104/
Relevancy 20.64%

hi helpful people, i recently (yesterday) installed Verizon DSL and have no problems with it except that when i access my Yahoo mail it takes frustratingly forever to download anything. When i used my old ISP again, as i haven't cancelled it yet, Yahoo worked fine. So i contacted Verizon who told me it was either a Yahoo problem or a computer problem??? When i informed them that it only started when i installed their software, and went away when i used my other ISP, they inferred i was some kind of ignorant *****. They were absolutely no help. So what gives? Am i some kind of ignorant *****, or could it indeed be Verizon stuffing it up? Everything else downloads fine. Could it be that i have mainly Australian Yahoo email addresses, thereby creating some sort of spam problem? I appreciate your help.
Thanks
Doz

A:Yahoo email problems with verizon dsl

it could be many things, but let's start with some basics.
You mentioned Verizon DSL, implying a telephone connection rather than
a cable. Secondly, how do you access your original ISP; dial-up?

Started after loading their software -- what does that package do?
Is it like AOL which presents the whole interface of a browser (totally unnecessary).

With the DSL modem in place, I would bet you could just start any browser and
it would access the Internet just fine - - including your Yahoo Email. Once your
computer has IP, Gateway and DNS addresses, your good to go and all programs
which have tcp/ip ability will run without knowing how or who(the isp) got
installed or configured.

you can verify your tcp thus;
run->enter the word
cmd
hit enter
then type
ipconfig /all

results look like
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : xxxx.adelphia.net
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0F-B1-3C-CC-1D
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . ... . . . : 192.168.0.4
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 68.111.16.30
Lease Obtained. . . . . . .. . . : Tuesday, August 09, 2005 7:39:49 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . .. . . : Monday, January 18, 2038 8:14:07 PM

but your specifics will be unique to Verizon

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yahoo-email-problems-with-verizon-dsl.30697/
Relevancy 10.75%

After re-installing my HP 4070, the scanning software showed only TIFF and
Compressed TIFF options while earlier I had JPG and BMP.

To get back BMP and JPG options, I deleted the Registry entry under HKEY_USER....
Software\Hewlett-Packard\DigitalImaging\CUE Settings\0000_4070]
"ScanPreferencesSettings", and Run the HP Scanning software.
It will recreate the Key with default settings and the next time you start the
HP scanning software you will have all the four save options.

Important:
Backup registry before trying this! Modify the registry at your own risk!
You can highlight the Hewlett-Packard entry and export from file menu to a
desktop file for backup of just this entry. If something seems wrong, double
click on the exported file to restore the original settings in the registry.

Happy Scanning! - Raj

A:HP Scanjet 4070 save file option issues solved

I dont't see the options for file type

Hello,

I just bought an HP Scanjet 4070. After I install it and HP Image Zone v.4.0 that comes with the scanner, I don't see the options for choosing save file type, such as TIFF, etc. It automatically saves the scanned photos to JEPG. How I can change the option, and saved location?

Are you using the HP Image Zone, or other software to support the different file types?

Thanks very much.

R

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-scanjet-4070-save-file-option-issues-solved.27899/
Relevancy 19.78%

Using WideBand achieving about 1.5 Mbps with a speed test. When sending email with file attachment of 3.2MB, the time to send or receive the email w/file attachment takes minutes not seconds. A friend with the same BroadBand service using the same email message w/same attachment can do it in 73 seconds. Is there something I'm missing in settings on my system? Or is this an issue with the mail server(s) and MIME?

Thanks.

A:EMail File Attachment(MIME) transfer speed too slow on WideBand

Well it all depends on what you upload speed is, not your download speed. You likely have 256kpbs or maybe a little higher. That really limits your capability of sending a large attachment quickly.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-file-attachment-mime-transfer-speed-too-slow-on-wideband.28340/
Relevancy 10.75%

Been following the posts concerning the Asus K NE-Deluxe mb and solved.... XP; Drives SATA & for and problem My K8NE-Deluxe now disappearing SATA drives In Oct I purchased from Newegg my Asus K NE-Deluxe motherboard with the Nvidia GForce chipset One morning not more than a month after purchasing the board I turned on the computer and it failed to find any of my SATA drives in the box During POST it appeared as if the onboard SATA controller had died as POST simply sat at the point where it was trying to identify the two SATA drives in my system After about a minute it simply moved on during POST and tried to bring up the system SATA Drives and K8NE-Deluxe & XP; My problem solved.... for now which obviously it failed to do because the SATA boot drive was no where to be seen Thinking that there had been a SATA controller failure I RMAed the board back to newegg which they promptly replaced After installing the replacement board everything worked fine until this morning when I discovered during POST that the exact same problem had occured again Instead of tearing down the system and RMAing the board again I unhooked the SATA cables from the onboard SATA connections and then tried configuring a standard EIDE hard drive to the Primary IDE controller on the board Well that worked as the board POSTED just fine except for the SATA drives so I knew that the board was at least salvageble with EIDE drives I thought about purchasing another mb from another vendor such as MSI but I noticed after searching the SATA issue on google that other folks with boards from other vendors using the Nvidia GForce chipset were having the same problem with SATA drives including a board from MSI Hmmmm So I figured that perhaps something was going on with SATA deep in the BIOS So before going and reinstalling XP and my complete system to the working EIDE drive on the primary controller I thought I monkey around in the BIOS of this Asus board I discovered in this AMI Bios Asus revision under Advanced Chipset a selection called Onboard Device This selection contains two options for SATA One is called Silicon Image Mode the other option is called Internal SATA IDE Interface The Asus mb book defines the selection Silicon Image Mode this way quot Allows you to disable or set the onboard Silicon Image RAID controller mode quot Since I am not running a RAID I decided to disable this setting The other setting I left enabled Internal SATA IDE Interface After saving the settings and restarting the computer I was amazed when the damned SATA drives were identified during POST and the system started normally It appears there is a problem with SATA and the Nvidia chipset when running a RAID and there very well may be a problem when implementing the Silicon Image driver with the chipset and XP Don t know But I hope my very simple solution can help others with this frustrating problem that I had nbsp

A:SATA Drives and K8NE-Deluxe & XP; My problem solved.... for now

Perfect, thanx I'm gonna give this a try. I've got a Gigabyte 7N400 pro mb but it's got Nvida onboard and the problem looks very familiar. Keep you posted!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-drives-and-k8ne-deluxe-xp-my-problem-solved-for-now.19709/
Relevancy 22.79%

had the laptop off my desk stolen some time ago which has never been replaced it always had no prob with network access file sharing email etc Since then we have added my PC! with access network office Cant my new broadband and only the select few have net access Now i Cant access my office network with my new PC! have my laptop in running XP pro with net access BUT i have never been able to access the network whatsoever you can ping the server and the server can Cant access my office network with my new PC! ping me without a hassle i have perfect net access which all runs thru the same server but i cant see the server as a network location and vice versa the server is running win - could this be affecting it does anyone know what setting i havent changed yet that will get me back in the network ive heard that using outlook will be a prob but i only want in for file sharing so i can store everything on the server rather than burning a disc every day and copying it over to the damn server any ideas would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Cant access my office network with my new PC!

Ask your system administrator, if you have one.
In Network Properties, check that File and Printer sharing is enabled.
In Internet Protocol/Properties, check that either:
Obtain IP... and Obtain DNS.. are both set to automatic, or:
Use the following IP.. and Use the following DNS.. settings are correct.
You must also be in the SAME workgroup as the rest of that Network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-my-office-network-with-my-new-pc.22736/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi All,I'm(all of a sudden)unable to click on links in all of my emails except yahoo-i'm pretty sure that i have all of my settings correct,but when i click on an email link,nothing happens-it just refuses to go to the link.Any help is appreciated.Thanks for your help/time.

A:Unable to click email links

Depending on email-program, you might be able to click on the View-button. In Pegasus, this triggers activation on/off for links.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-click-email-links.18937/
Relevancy 21.5%
Q: Email

Hey,
Im running windows xp on my 2 computers, and they both use the same internet thingy, i have set up evey user on the computers to have different emails (i got freeserve and its the thing were u change the bit before the "@" and then u can have as many emails as u want) but no matter what computer im using or what account im in, i will recive everyones email in the inbox and address im checking on... is there a way to stop it cus as u can probably tell its very annoyin if someone has checked their email before me and my mail has been recived in there account.

Thanks if u can help,

BTW, yes i have tried looking on google but cant find ne thin to help....thanks agen....

A:Email

Are you sure they offer separate Emails or simple aliases to the same mailbox ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email.12840/
Relevancy 18.06%

How can this be.

I have the 2 computers side by side, same OS xp home on the same broadband connection, not connecting through each other.

But on the laptop I can access the internet send email but get this message when trying to recieve.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.jerseymail.co.uk', Server: 'mail.jerseymail.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK 1531 octets.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I get a brief glimpse of the number of messages that are there before this message appears.

I have put the settings into the other machine and can send and recieve on that email account.
So I know i have the correct user names and passwords.
Any help much appreciated.

A:Problem recieving mail outlook express

No,
I have tried that, I also deleted all email details, put in my own and got the same error message.
I have now put in original settings and am getting the same error.

The machine has also become painfully slow. I am going to look what I can uninstall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-recieving-mail-outlook-express.5203/
Relevancy 21.07%

My latest problem is that, on Outlook Express, when I want to subscribe/unsubscribe a newsletter, say, & I click on their e-mail link, I'm told that I am not set up to do it directly, or words to that effect, so I have to write down the address to remember it, then click "write mail" & type in the address which is frequently a mighty long one!
Can I do something to avoid going through all this each time?

A:Email Problem

Unless you are an AOL user, you can probably just change your settings so that html links will show up in emails. If you are an AOL user, I don't think there is anything you can do about it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/email-problem.7997/