Windows Support Forum

every website works besides facebook. facebook wont open

Q: every website works besides facebook. facebook wont open

hello all ive been experiencing this issue for a few days now www facebook com will not load the only way it seems to load is if i clear cache and it is VERY limited almost useless i ve tried everything i could get my hands on i primarily use google chrome but this seems to be the problem on all browsers opera firefox internet explorer safari i wont facebook besides facebook. open every works website ve tried https www facebook com checked host file ran malwarebytes and cleared any malware hijackthis flushed dns reset router etc but nothing seems to every website works besides facebook. facebook wont open be the fix even using a proxy site wont allow me to sign in it gets every website works besides facebook. facebook wont open me to the home page but then cookies gets in the way i m almost certain it s nothing to do with the internet provider or modem router because the internet seems to be running smooth even other computers in the house are not experiencing this problem with facebook or any other site and they are connected to the same router any help will be much appreciated nbsp every website works besides facebook. facebook wont open

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: every website works besides facebook. facebook wont open

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: every website works besides facebook. facebook wont open

im going to install windows 7. this is ridiculous

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/every-website-works-besides-facebook-facebook-wont-open.1004794/
Relevancy 101.91%

i was connect on facebook but somehow the page won't load anymore ..and than facebook won't open on any browser ... (all other sites are fine exapt facebook)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-facebook-website.1163209/
Relevancy 101.91%

i cannot open facebook website since last month actually i dont know the reason even from multiple browsers it is not possible so please help me....

A:i cannot open facebook website ?

Are you getting any errors? Do other websites work okay?

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/i-cannot-open-facebook-website-/40239.html
Relevancy 97.18%

When I open ie7, my 5 tabs open. But the facebook tab goes to the signin page every time, and now after i signin, it goes to a blank page and will not let me do anything

A:Facebook wont open in ie7

Your browser is to old. You need to update IE or install another browser like Firefox or Chrome.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook-wont-open-in-ie7.1088946/
Relevancy 95.03%

I dont know whats causing this but my girlfriend hasnt been able to get onto FACEBOOK for a while - so I tried and I couldnt get on,

Ive tried both accounts on the computer and no joy, I have deleted the HOST file as this caused problems before and still no joy

Sometimes we can get onto the site but cant log-in...???

I run XP Pro,
Kaspersky v6
PC Tools Firewall
Firefox and IE7
WiFi - WPA PSK 2

my sister says she can log on no problems so its not the website

A:FACEBOOK - Wont load/open/Login

Hi there,
I assume this is constant in both firefox and IE? Has this only begun recently or have you got a new router/modem recently? What happens when you try to open the page? Does it go white and look like it may load? Then time out? It sounds like your security or firewall may be blocking the site. Have you tried resetting internet explorer settings to defaults? Also uninstall and reinstall internet explorer. Let me know how it goes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook-wont-load-open-login.684552/
Relevancy 82.56%

I'm surprised that I am not finding a thread on this issue already.
Evidently something that changed in a recent build has caused both Facebook apps to crash.
When you launch the app it closes just after the window pops up.
It's kind of a bummer because when you get a notification and it opens the app, it just crashes.
The only way to use Facebook at the moment is with the browser.
I hope they get this fixed. Maybe the app needs to be updated now but to have an app quit working with an OS build update is not good.
On the Windows Store the ratings/feedback is flooded with users all experiencing this issue.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/440593-facebook-facebook-beta-both-broken-current-build.html
Relevancy 82.56%

As the title says Facebook, and only Facebook, runs very slow or sometimes fail to load. I've tried this on both Chrome and Mozilla and the result are the same.
Tried to scan with NOD32 antivirus + Eset Online Scanner. Right now is at 55% and found 1 threat (Win32/AdkDLLWrapper) unwanted application.
Below are the FRST.txt and Addition.txt from FRST x64.

A:Facebook (and Facebook only) running very slow or fail to load

Hi,

do you run any add or script blockers on in your browsers?

regards
myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585187/facebook-and-facebook-only-running-very-slow-or-fail-to-load/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi guyz,

Hope you are fine and doing well. I wanted to know how we can disable a particular web site for a particular user. Especially website like face book that may have more then one IP addresses.

One possible solution might be to use a proxy server but in my situation we cannot use a proxy server, we have a ASA-5510 Firewall installed. I was looking any cost effective software which can be configured with this firewall or we can simply deploy any other network software that can do this job?

Unfortunately I do not have experience on firewall and its configuration so I am looking for some other good solution.

A:How to disable a website such as Facebook

Per user can be tricky. If you want or don't mind blocking for all users edit your hosts file. You can find it usually in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc. Edit this file with notepad and insert the following line:

127.0.0.1 facebook.com

Save and close. DO NOT change the name of the file or this will NOT work.

Reboot your system and try to access the site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-disable-a-website-such-as-facebook.845199/
Relevancy 82.13%

Two days ago I found myself unable to successfully log in to facebook The initial log-in page appears but when I enter email and password NOT (www.facebook.com) One working website and hit enter immediately it goes to the 'Internet Explorer' is unable to open this website and I clicked on the reason and it seems to be a DNS error For some reason or other the server seems unable to locate the website So I had a look and found a similar thread started by imharry or similar complaining that he too could not open one specific website and I downloaded the recommended 'dell domains' thing to see if that fixed it but like with the other user this did not work I am not sure if this is a problem that can be fixed at home or whether it is necessary to call someone to sort it out but obviously it is very irritating and I would be extremely grateful for any help sorting this problem out Thank One website (www.facebook.com) NOT working you very much

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/one-website-www-facebook-com-not-working-360885.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I m having a trouble with this bug only the facebook website i Facebook to Can't I Why website? Access cant access i try all option to fix this bug like changing browser cleaning my cache check my host file reset the router and i try the restore system method but everything didnt work i dont know why Why I Can't Access to Facebook website? facebook only i cant access it s seems the facebook is blocked to my computer i really need help i hope someone could help me to fix this problem Log for Hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgam exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - D -D - -BAB -AB A - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar BitTorrentBar Toolbar - c f aa-f f- c- f e-b d a - C Program Files BitTorrentBar tbBitT dll O - Toolbar Conduit Engine - F B -B - - B- FBA BD D - C Program Files ConduitEngine ConduitEngine dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Messenger Yahoo quot C PROGRA Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet O - HKCU Run DriverScanner quot C Program Files BitTorrent DriverScanner launcher exe quot delay O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system nwprovau dll O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip ABB - A- F-B D-C DDD NameServer O ... Read more

Relevancy 82.13%

Hey everyone. I have a problem with my IE crashing anytime i get on Facebook. Most of the time when i move my curser over the tabs on the top, you get a drop down box. But these boxes never go away. When you close out the windows it tells me my IE stopped working. Or sometimes when clicking on something the box will come up saying windows has stopped. The window will not freeze, but is always operational until the box comes up telling you windows has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Facebook seems to be the only problem. I use Vista Ultimate 64.

I run no addons in IE. I have also added Facebook to my trusted sites in tools/internet options/security/trusted sites.

But if i go to facebook after opening an "in private browsing" tab, i don't see any problems like before.

Please, someone help me understand whats going on.

A:IE 8 crashes on Facebook website

I would say that I encounted that problem as well.. my webpage froze only on facebook and refresh as well don't work.. I need to logout facebook and log back in for it to work.. it happened only with facebook till now for me..
Any thoughts??
Cheers

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/259798-ie-8-crashes-facebook-website.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 4066 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7650M, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461069 MB, Free - 343303 MB;
Motherboard: Sony Corporation, VAIO
Antivirus: Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2012, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

this my laptop specification prob is no website configured at this address. for facebook... pl help

A:no website configured at this address. for facebook

So what happens, you try to go to facebook.com and get that error message?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-website-configured-at-this-address-for-facebook.1069115/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi, guys recently my old prob comes back again.. i juz dono why my laptop always like this.. few days ago, suddenly FB and youtube(maybe there is other site) cant access for a while, it juz loading.. same as last time, during this month i have naver installed any software just download some movie and song.. funny thing is some site which i cant access before this, now i can access.. this is some kind of proxy prob? i naver use VPN etc... please help, it's getting frustrating, happen again and again..

ive already clean the cache & cookie, run malware, run antivirus, reinstalling mozilla etc NO USE and i am SURE this is not internet problem since i tried my bro pc everything works fine.. one more thing even when i can access youtube the video juz keep buffering but some video were fine.

PLEASE HELP sorry for bad english

thanks by LEE

A:website problem, Facebook, youtube etc..

anyone can help here?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/333043-website-problem-facebook-youtube-etc.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi,
facebook website is blocked in my system need help.today morning i have downloaded a application. afterthat I have problem in opening facebook website as wellwhenever I type facebook it will direct to a blank page.need help

Mod Edit:  Merged topics - Hamluis.

A:facebook website is blocked in my system need help

What application did you download and install? Is it a security app that includes script blocking?
Have you removed/ uninstalled/ disabled the app?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506904/facebook-website-is-blocked-in-my-system-need-help/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello guys, just new here, my website crash everytime i am browsing facebook,
My set up is
Windows 7, i3
AVG 2011 Free.
thanks hope you could help me.

A:Website crash wwhile using facebook

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Do you have these problems in any other browsers? Please try one of the below (both are free):

Firefox
Opera

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/website-crash-wwhile-using-facebook-528857.html
Relevancy 80.84%

This morning I noticed that the Facebook Share option has gone missing from Edge since upgrading to the new Facebook app. Is it just me? Or perhaps something not quite right with the new Win 10 Facebook app?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edge/422939-has-facebook-share-gone-missing-edge-after-new-facebook-app.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi I have an advent laptop with vista ultimate operating system year old I no longer know what to do about facebook Ok i never used to have any problems whatsoever I have Kaspersky security however facebook used to work perfectly well So it cant be that Facebook on my works laptop! no longer I have explorer Again never used to have problems I have tried using other explorer versions e g firefox opera etc I did try to upgrade to explorer version but for some reason this download would also not start I have checked all settings ran explorer with add ons and no add ons I have no viruses etc I run clean up and registry mechanic regularly I restart and defrag Even tried system restore I just do not know what to do next I type in facebook com Facebook no longer works on my laptop! and it takes forever to load the sign in page When the page appears the facebook logo is missing and looks blank i try and sign in as the boxes are available but my home page will not load or if it does which it hasn't for well over a week now again the page has bits missing and you cant access anything I have also noticed from time to time yahoo wont load properly either i have used the yahoo question and answer sections when searching for facebook help I can access all other sites From what i gather from numerous hours searching the net others have the same issue However i have friends with Vista who have no problems my mum has XP and its fine the same thing at work I have had this problem on and off Facebook no longer works on my laptop! for Facebook no longer works on my laptop! months some days it was fine other times it was not But recently i cannot use it at all Does anyone have any ideas what the hell is wrong I have tried everything Is it a facebook server issue i thought if it was everyone would have the same issue on other operating systems Advice would be great Thanks

A:Facebook no longer works on my laptop!

Try deleting the internet temp files in IE by going to tools internet options then click on the delete in browsing history and click on delete files button. If that doesn't work goto the advanced tab and click on the reset button.

I have no problem accessing facebook.com so its not a server issue.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/189407-facebook-no-longer-works-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi their i seriously need peoples help.

I have bee ntrying to get onto facebook for about a week now and it just will nto load up, i jus get either a black white screen, or bits will load, but lal to the left hand side but will nto load the pictures, the blue bar at the top etc.

I can easily access it no problem if i use a proxy website but i do not want to have to do this.

I am using virgin media, wireless 10meg broadband with a D-Link router. I have reset the routers configuration, installed, reinstalled the virgin media security software, but not I have AVG internet security 9.0 installed.

What could be the problem.

please can anybody help me i really need facebook working, obviously the facebook website carnt be down if i can access it through a proxy can it,

A:facebook will not load, It only works if i use proxy

Hi welcome to TSF;

OK, can you try the following;

1) ping www.facebook.com - do you get a response or a time out? If a response, please post the IP resolving to

2) Confirm the internet security software is 100% up to date and operational. RUn a full scan of your machine

3) Delete all temp internet files, and cookies (export them if you don't want to lose them, can import them back later)

4) Try another browser;

Let us know if you get this far and still not working!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/facebook-will-not-load-it-only-works-if-i-use-proxy-470274.html
Relevancy 80.41%

below is the log from hijackthis combofix Malwarebytes my auto other through -,- pc some my or msn website to publish people wil facebook Anti-Malware and Security Checks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT my pc wil auto publish some website to other people through my msn or facebook -,- MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C WINDOWS vVX exe C Program Files VIA VIAudioi HDADeck HDeck exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C windows nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Kingsoft PowerWord PE ksdsvc exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe c program files grasssoft macro expert MacroService exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe c program files grasssoft macro expert MacroServiceWnd exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Documents and Settings chin Desktop GM- GM exe C Program Files Garena Garena exe C Program Files TTPlayer TTPlayer exe C Documents and Settings chin Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings chin Desktop WarKey WarKey exe C Documents and Settings chin Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Documents and Settings chin Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings chin Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO XunleiBHO - D FEB- - - - DD C - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO e amp for IE - A A -E A - b c- CC - A CC EFD A - C Program Files Kingsoft PowerWord PE SelectForIE dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RunDLL exe NvMCTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run LifeCam quot C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam LifeExp exe quot O - HKLM Run VX C WINDOWS vVX exe O - HKLM Run HDAudDeck C Program Files VIA VIAudioi HDADeck HDeck exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe quot nogui O - HKLM Run NVIDIA driver monitor c windows nvsvc exe O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Documents and Settings chin Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run KingSoft PowerWord PE C Program Files Kingsoft PowerWord PE CBTray exe -AUTORUN O - HKCU Run NVIDIA driver monitor c windows nvsvc exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MI OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A ... Read more

A:my pc wil auto publish some website to other people through my msn or facebook -,-

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pc-wil-auto-publish-some-website-to-other-people-through-my-msn-or-facebook.978935/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi- I was hoping for some help so I posted a HiJack This log 5 days ago- I got no reply. I have been trying various things to clean this on my own but no action.
Should I post a new log, and will someone reply this time? I see other posts from today that are being replied to today, so I don't know what I did wrong.

ybool

A:> AVG Disabled, Facebook account take over, website redirection

Hello ,While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large, as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Athough our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, you wouldn't want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it, would you?Thank you for understanding.Regards,The weatherman

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255932/avg-disabled-facebook-account-take-over-website-redirection/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi- I have some nasty malware running on here- it has disabled my AVG Free and is routinely redirecting me to other websites when I try and access most assitance tools Can you please advise some possible steps for removal cleaning Here is a HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon take website redirection account Disabled, AVG over, Facebook exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exeC WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS sySTEM svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files IBM IBM Rapid Restore Ultra rrpcsb exeC Program Files AVG Disabled, Facebook account take over, website redirection Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exeC WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG exeC WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exeC Program Files Common Files AVG Disabled, Facebook account take over, website redirection Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exec program files lenovo system update suservice exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files ThinkPad UltraNav Wizard UNavTray EXEC WINDOWS system TpShocks exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exeC Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exeC PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp ExeC Program Files IBM Messages By IBM ibmmessages exeC IBMTOOLS UTILS ibmprc exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACTray exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACWLIcon exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler scheduler proxy exeC Program Files X watch x watch exeC Program Files LENOVO Message Center Plus MCPLaunch exeC WINDOWS system RunDll exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Documents and Settings K Application Data SanDisk Sansa Updater SansaDispatch exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS system mstsc exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride loca... Read more

A:AVG Disabled, Facebook account take over, website redirection

I find it incomprehensible that this request for help remains unaswered where other similar requests get answered within 1 day.

Have I violated some basic problem or am I in purgatory because I asked when I would get an answer?

Ybool

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/254735/avg-disabled-facebook-account-take-over-website-redirection/
Relevancy 79.55%

Here s my situation I cannot access the website facebook com with any browser on my computer I can however access login facebook com university facebook com etc as well as any other web page in the world Any browser that I use will have this problem It is not the internet provider because I have had in different countries and the problem persists I never had this problem REDICULOUSLY facebook Unable ONE STRANGE BUG access website: to before but started to notice this after I installed a free firewall around months ago yeah dumb mistake on my Unable to access ONE website: facebook REDICULOUSLY STRANGE BUG part I uninstalled it after a day and luckily there were no viruses It seems to me that the firewall didn t completely uninstall correctly and something is left over that prevents me from ever going on the site Tried reverting registry to a previous saved copy but to no avail There are also no additional exe s that im aware of that might belong to the firewall running so basically This problem is localized on my computer and is independent of browsers and isps I can use facebook but anytime when I am redirected to the main directory facebook com it will show quot this page cannot be loaded quot I do not have any viruses or malware whatsoever and keep my system clean Also it s been months Unable to access ONE website: facebook REDICULOUSLY STRANGE BUG and if it were a virus then it sucks please help this problem is driving me nuts if you use facebook then you d know that this means Unable to access ONE website: facebook REDICULOUSLY STRANGE BUG I can t add any apps and lose certain key functionality with the site ps i know this isn t a life threatening issue but ive never seen a problem like this in my life and its getting on my nerves nbsp

A:Unable to access ONE website: facebook REDICULOUSLY STRANGE BUG

Duplicate thread

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-one-website-facebook-rediculously-strange-bug.648865/
Relevancy 77.83%

Here is my original post Hey guys just built myself this new shiny computer with an AMD processor GB ram plenty of storage and a decent graphics card It runs games Photoshop multiple browser sessions all at the same time and I even upgraded to the cable companies fastest internet So why the BLEEP can I NOT get on Facebook Seriously across ALL browsers especially Chrome which I ve uninstalled and reinstalled I get extreme slowdown or loss of connection ONLY with Facebook I ve pinged it and gotten very fast responses Facebook) running or (and only Facebook slow at not all but I cannot do ANYTHING on their servers When I was FIRST downloading software a friend of mine used a program that allows you to install lots of recommended programs at once he downloaded and used a quot torrent downloader quot program and that is the ONLY thing I think could be causing some issue I ve used Ad Aware and tried to fix it gone into incognito mode which helps sometimes and used other browsers but somehow facebook still is slow Can anyone help EDIT another strange issue even though all my settings are correct I have to send email times in Windows Live Mail before the server accepts it I get a LOT of server not responding errors

A:Facebook (and only Facebook) running slow or not at all

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/461586 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461586/facebook-and-only-facebook-running-slow-or-not-at-all/
Relevancy 77.83%

Every account I've read of someone's facebook being hacked has been from someone foolishly clicking a link a fellow victim uncharacteristically 'sent' to them, on facebook.

Is this always the case, or can facebook-hijacking viruses be obtained from elsewhere?

If I regularly use streaming websites or porn or whatever, am I at risk of a virus using a keylogger to hijack my facebook?

thanks

Relevancy 77.83%

Both the above named apps after finally getting the AU will not actually load they both self close before getting off the icon screen I only discovered Facebook Facebook load will not Messenger and this when I went to check a notification from action center instead of loading up the browser Now I was still getting notifications while they would not load but after uninstalling rebooting clearing app caches multiple time they have stopped even doing that which I expected The notifications was the main reason I even had the programs so I could get those notifications when I did not have the site open I have tried every solution google could also give me including clearing out manually some registry entries between an uninstall and reinstall and clearing out all Facebook windows credentials but nothing has made a difference In event viewer each generated errors and between then an information entry the ones for Facebook and Facebook Messenger will not load the main Facebook app first error Faulting application name WinUAPEntry exe version time stamp x db Facebook and Facebook Messenger will not load Faulting module name unknown version time stamp x Exception code xc Fault offset xa b Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x d a ba Faulting application path C Program Files WindowsApps Facebook Facebook x xx rvfyw nnt WinUAPEntry exe Faulting module path unknown Report Id abae -ae - f - b- fea f Faulting package full name Facebook Facebook x xx rvfyw nnt Faulting package-relative application ID App information entry Fault bucket type Event Name MoBEX Response Not available Cab Id Problem signature P Facebook Facebook x xx rvfyw nnt P praid App P P db P StackHash P P P PCH AD FROM osmeta x P c P Attached files C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER Temp WER BD tmp WERInternalMetadata xml These files may be available here C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive AppCrash Facebook Faceboo e d b e fe f d ad e a fcf df a b a b c e bb Analysis symbol Rechecking for solution Report Id abae -ae - f - b- fea f Report Status Hashed bucket f ffdd ce c de second error from same attempt to run Activation of app Facebook Facebook xx rvfyw nnt App failed with error The remote procedure call failed See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI Operational log for additional information same entries for messenger except showing its app package name all other store apps work fine

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/64939-facebook-facebook-messenger-will-not-load.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate...all my internet websites have worked for the past half of year wen i got this computer...until 3 days ago http://www.facebook.com stopped working. I have tried using different web browsers...4(IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) and only the website of facebook doesnt work on them. I can get it working by typing in https:// everytime i want to link to another page on facebook but obviously adding an s every 5 seconds is gettin really annoying. Can anyone help me fix this problem

p.s. did a system restore and made sure IE was set to all defaults

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/facebook-wont-work-371352.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello there,

i have a new computer and everything works well except facebook wont load. I have other computers in the same network where facebook loads ok but it does not on this one. I tried ipconfig/flushdns looked into hosts file reinstalling firefox/chrome. It usually workfs the first time after reintalling but that it doesnt work anymore. I even updated my network drivers. Now im out of ideas what else could i do.

oh somewhere on this forum it was writen to try out this address http://66.220.158.11/ and it doesnt load.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook-wont-load.1108885/
Relevancy 77.4%

have windows computer is acer aspire amd athlon processor tf- ghz bit operating system computer is working great but facebook loads the top line that shows name messages notifications etc but will not show feeds or entire list of options on the left hand side of page i also have a tablet that is so years old and hasnt been updated in years and facebook works fine on it i think it has to have something to do with the settings on this computer because no ones fb facebook wont load will work on this laptop two months ago got virus that would not allow facebook wont load me to restore to previous date so i ended up wiping back to original status when bought reloaded when this current problem started days ago i figured what the heck and wiped it again got avg free edition for protection also have ccleaner and facebook wont load malware bytes like i said everything else seems to be working fine we us miniclips for games-google-gmail-yahoo-amazon and thats about all we do with this computer have tried the s at the end of the http went to tools and deleted browsing history nbsp

A:facebook wont load

Have you tried with a different web browser?
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook-wont-load.1119920/
Relevancy 77.4%

I use facebook on my iphone and it works fine but for some reason it wont work on my computer. I have tried both IE and FIrefox. I have logged into my boyfriends account successfully but when I try mine it just refreshes the login page and says 'you need to login to view this page' in a yellow bar. It seems very odd that i can log in to my boyfriends account but not my own and that my own is working ok on my iphone. Any ideas?

Cheers guys

Lea x

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook-wont-login.878336/
Relevancy 76.97%

When I open a Facebook page from Thunderbird Mail some videos have the usual triangle to click on these are OK and there are other videos that have a flashing three lines these I cannot open The other problem is a black bar at the top of the open Facebook page Again this page is opened from Thunderbird Mail At the top of the black bar the menu bar from Firefox is showing up in grey type color I hope the above info is enough for one of you guys to put me on the right track to fix these irritating issues I am running on Win on a Dell PC It is about months old and to date I have had very few problems As far as I can determine we had a power failure the PC shut down normal and these issues were observed after bringing the machine back on line I also had an issue with Adobe Flash in Firefox However i seem to have corrected that issue Please help this old bloke from the UK Regards mikeandsylvia

A:Cannot open videos in Facebook and a black bar at the top of the open page

Following a shut down caused by a power outage it is not impossible that some things have got corrupted.

I would be inclined to (1) back-up my contacts, then (2) uninstall both Firefox and Thundrbird, then(3) re-install them, followed by re-instating my contact list if necessary.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574131/cannot-open-videos-in-facebook-and-a-black-bar-at-the-top-of-the-open-page/
Relevancy 76.97%

help me, i cant open facebook.com, i have also cheked with others browser

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/52924-cant-open-facebook-com-my-pc.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I cant open my facebook it says disconnected when i enter but my computers not disconected ive tried turning my computer off ive tried to get spyware still doesnt work please help

A:cannot open facebook

are you on a home network?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-open-facebook-573117.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Intermittently, and more and more recently, when I try to go to the Facebook home page (www.facebook.com) I get an error message that says "Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site http://www.facebook.com/home.psp?. Operation aborted." and IE promptly closes.

I am using IE7. I have tried to fix this by clearing all my offline files, browsing history and cookies. This did not work 100% of the time. I also reset all the Advanted Internet Options to manufacturer's default. This was also unsuccessful. I tried accessing Facebook using IE (without add-ons) but got the same error message. I don't know what to do. This is the only site where I get this error. I am running Symantec Anti-Virus (fully updated) and it hasn't picked up on any problems.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer me for this problem.

A:Cannot open Facebook with IE

Dancer, that's a bummer. I'm not a techie, i just hope someone can help you.. I got new problem tonite w/ not being able to open Facebook and youTube at all. All websites i can open Except for these two. Bizarre. Good luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cannot-open-facebook-with-ie-452275.html
Relevancy 76.97%

hi,

facebook was working fine yesterday.

i can login to all other sites like hotmail, yahoo.

now i can't open facebook. i am using IE 7.

i don't get any error message, IE keeps on connecting but never loads the page.

some of my co-worker had this problem then i did system restore.

after doing SR some of the pc ok now but not all.

i have scanned my pc using spybot.

can anyone suggest me a solution

A:Can't Open Facebook

Try clearing out the cache and cookies in your browser. Just go to Tools, Internet Options, and clear them out there.

Additionally, do you have any anti-virus, anti-spyware or firewall software running? Just to test, try disabling them and then try accessing the site again. Sometimes these programs have a rejected website list, and every now and again a valid site ends up on that list.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/168305/cant-open-facebook/
Relevancy 76.97%

I am not able to open Facebook latley. I have been on it many times and now I am having trouble getting past the login page. On my bottom bar it will say Done with a triangle and a ! mark. But it won't open the page. Not having trouble getting into anything else just that page. HELP!

A:Can't open Facebook

Try clearing our your cache. Which browser are you using? Try a different one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/223697/cant-open-facebook/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey guys. I can't open facebook after i downloaded 1 malware from facebook bot. I removed everything from my pc like viruses and malawares, tryed everything what i fing in google but nothink don't help me . There is one guy here " 1mike12 " he have similar problem but with other decision .
Please help ... !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-open-facebook.1014540/
Relevancy 76.54%

i have read thru the forums on this subject and tried everything under the sun and face book will not load on my computer ive updated everything checked firewall and security nothing ive even uninstalled my browser nothing seems to be working any ideas

Relevancy 76.54%

Guys please help my facebook wont load on chrome and other browsers. But I can access other websites fine only facebook wont load. It gives an error that says "It took too long to respond" and has error on console or javascript. Which I dont understand because I'm not good with coding so please help. I even tried disabling my antivirus and firewall still didn't work.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/75887-facebook-wont-load-chrome.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi Yesterday when I came to use the computer it had restarted itself during the night to do some Windows updates Facebook would no longer open in IE or Google Chrome I went ahead and tried Firefox and it opened about minutes very slowly browser open any in won't Facebook and then stopped there too and today I tried Facebook won't open in any browser Opera and it doesn t open I have cleared cookies and caches and uninstalled and reinstalled every browser to no avail everything else works though it s just Facebook Some history on the computer the modem on my old one crashed and after trips out and Dell Warranty still not fixing it correctly they sent a refurbished one and I think the thing has viruses in it not sure but that s what we are dealing with and when I tried a restore point well Dell had this computer set up to not save those and I did delete all the Windows updates done on but I ve gone ahead and let it redo them so I could reinstall IE Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel Facebook won't open in any browser R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc YJPT Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files brs exe C Program Files x Kodak AiO StatusMonitor EKStatusMonitor exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Users JOHNNYDUCK Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Axis for IE - FDC - F D- E- DA- FFBF D - C Program Files x Yahoo YNanoClient cpn YNanoClient IE dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c PROGRA mcafee msk mskapbho dll file missing O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll file missing O - BHO IESpeakDoc - D F C - E - BD - - AC FDF - C Program Files x Dell Wireless Bluetooth Suite IEPlugIn dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Axis for IE - FDC - F D- E- DA- FFBF D - C Program Files x Yahoo YNanoClient cpn YNanoClient IE dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quo... Read more

A:Facebook won't open in any browser

No one ever answered this one, but I had a valid reason for placing it here...after scouring the net for help and trying all suggestions I was lead to believe it was a virus, what it was I don't know, but, windows updates knocked it out and 2 days later some more brought it back! So solved since I don't see a delete button!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook-wont-open-in-any-browser.1080905/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello Can't open these websites for some reason I am able to ping them successfully Suspect a Malware and I have been running all types of scans unsuccessfully This PC was previously troubled with SearchProtect and SuperOptimzer which basically crippled it This is a friend's PC running Windows and updated Firefox and IE browsers Here is the DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Tara at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT Can't or Google.com Facebook.com open - AV Can't open Facebook.com or Google.com Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Can't open Facebook.com or Google.com Updated F CFC - A -FC -EF - A E AB AV Ad-Aware Antivirus Disabled Outdated D B - A -DAEA- - B AAB SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated F E - -F B -D A - EE D C SP Ad-Aware Antivirus Disabled Outdated A A - B-D - A -A F C DF B SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Ad-Aware Firewall Disabled E E - CE-DBB - B C- B A FEED Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe C Program Files x Motorola Media Link Lite NServiceEntry exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Antivirus Ad-Aware Antivirus AdAwareService exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Web Companion TcpService LavasoftTcpService exe c Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files x Motorola MotForwardDaemon ForwardDaemon exe C Program Files x RealNetworks RealDownloader rndlresolversvc exe c program files x real realplayer RPDS Bin rpdsvc exe C Program Files x Real UpdateService RealPlayerUpdateSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Antivirus Ad-Aware Antivirus AdAwareTray exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office MSOSYNC EXE C Users Tara AppData Local The Weather Network weathereye exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Web Companion Application WebCompanion exe C Users Tara AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x ArcSoft HP Webcam Software Suite Magic-i Visual Effects uCamMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe c Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework hpsa service exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil Act... Read more

A:Can't open Facebook.com or Google.com

Hello polaris_dave and welcome to BleepingComputer!  

My name is Sirawit and I'm here to help you.

Please note that I'm currently in training and my fixes need to be approved first, that may delay our fix a bit, but I will normally reply back in 24 hours.

If I don't reply after 2 days, feel free to PM me.   
==========================================================================Some points for you to keep in mind:
Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planned. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.
Please don't run Combofix on your own.
Do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Periodically update me on the condition of your computer, and provide detail in every post.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the  button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.
If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.
Once things seem to be working again, please do not abandon the thread. I will give an "all-clean" message at the very end with some additional information on how to stay malware-free.
Lastly, I would like to remind you that most members here are volunteers, and sometimes "real life" can get in the way of our malware hunt. I will notify you if I know I will need to be away for longer than 48 hours.
==========================================================================

Multiple Antivirus programs detected
Using more than one anti-virus program is not advisable. Why? The primary concern with doing so is due to Windows resource management and significant conflicts that can arise especially when they are running in real-time protection mode simultaneously. Even if one of them is disabled for use as a stand-alone on demand scanner, it can affect the other and cause conflicts. Anti-virus software components insert themselves deep into the operating systems core where they install kernel mode drivers that load at boot-up regardless of whether real-time protection is enabled or not. Thus, using multiple anti-virus solutions can result in kernel mode conflicts causing system instability, catastrophic crashes, slow performance and waste vital system resources. When actively running in the background while connected to the Internet, each anti-virus may try to update their definition databases at the same time. As the programs compete for resources required to download the necessary files this often can result in sluggish system performance or unresponsive behavior.
When scanning engines are initiated, each anti-virus may interpret the activity of the other as suspicious behavior and there is a greater chance of them alerting you to a "false positive". If one finds a virus or a suspicious file and then the other also finds the same, both progra... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563458/cant-open-facebookcom-or-googlecom/
Relevancy 76.11%

If I type in www.facebook.com under IE it states "internet explorer cannot display webpage"
With chrome it comes up "This webpage is not available"
This is my sons computer-all other sites you can get to under IE or Chrome
Ran all the virus checkers-spyware etc...he did have a number of issues but all appeears to be clan now
Facebook is not under the "blocked" sites
any ideas around this one?? Thanks-

A:IE Chrome will not open Facebook

Welcome aboard Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415805/ie-chrome-will-not-open-facebook/
Relevancy 76.11%

As of yesterday morning, I can no longer open facebook on my computer. My husband is on the same router, and he can. Nothing in Firefox appears to be suddenly blocking it. I've removed AVG 2015. Same problem, so I reinstalled it. I deleted cookies in Firefox and blocked history. I can't find an answer in any stream. When I attempt to connect, a message on the bottom of the screen says: "connected to fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net..." It just tries interminably to connect and doesn't. I don't know if this is a virus. I'm stumped. HELP

Relevancy 76.11%

Hey guys. I can't open facebook after i downloaded 1 malware from facebook bot. I removed everything from my pc like viruses and malawares. I even use Killbox to remove the malware. Still I can't open facebook.Please help!!!!!!

A:Can't open facebook from my computer!

Please follow the instructions in the link below to provide the antimalware team with the information they need to diagnose and solve your problem.
http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/943214-everyone-must-read-before-posting.html
Also please be aware that as only trained anti-malware helpers are allowed to offer advice here, and there are far more questions than volunteers, it may take a while before someone is available to help. Sit tight though, they're bound to get you sorted out in time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-facebook-from-my-computer.1053750/
Relevancy 76.11%

I use windows 8, and use LAN, internet says its connected. was using facebook fine last night, then later on, i could not go on, and it has been a day. It just keeps showing its loading. I have looked online and tried to resolve the problem. I have done the following:
-uninstall and reinstall firefox(the browser i usually use)
-clear history, and cache.
-i have tried other browsers
-i have also tried going to "run", typing "ping facebook.com", the black box does come up, but always shuts down before I can read what the information is saying.

I'm at a loss and do not know how to fix myself! Help!

A:No browser will open facebook

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/1060465-facebook-connection-issues.html

Some option's for you to try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-browser-will-open-facebook.1134301/
Relevancy 76.11%

On wife's laptop, Win 10 Home, Facebook App worked for her until today. Now the app opens for 5sec then closes. She is still on 10240build. Uninstall/reinstall no fix. Went to store tried updates there no updates. Rebooted computer after reinstall no fix. New laptop less than a month old so no build upgrade available.

Any idea (she is not going to do a new account) to fix the app?

A:Facebook App Will not Stay Open

I have the same problem, as of today (11/25) after a windows upgrade. tried uninstalling and reinstalling - no luck

Originally Posted by chideock

On wife's laptop, Win 10 Home, Facebook App worked for her until today. Now the app opens for 5sec then closes. She is still on 10240build. Uninstall/reinstall no fix. Went to store tried updates there no updates. Rebooted computer after reinstall no fix. New laptop less than a month old so no build upgrade available.

Any idea (she is not going to do a new account) to fix the app?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/29742-facebook-app-will-not-stay-open.html
Relevancy 76.11%

My husband just bought me a new PC that came with Windows 7, and everything works great -- except that I cannot open Facebook. Although Chrome is my preferred browser, I have also tried opening Facebook in Firefox and IE, to no avail. Basically, it's timing out. The error message I receive in Chrome says, "Google Chrome cannot load the webpage because facebook.com took too long to respond." On the rare occasions I have actually gotten onto Facebook, I usually cannot open links, or it freezes, or I get booted off quickly. When I tried using the FB gadget on my Magic Canvas, it would not accept my FB password, even though I retyped it correctly multiple times. What is going on? (P.S. I'm not very tech-savvy, so I need detailed directions.) Thanks!

A:Cannot Open Facebook on New PC in any Browser

All other websites work without any problem I assume(?)
All other computers connected to same router can access facebook?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/245053-cannot-open-facebook-new-pc-any-browser.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hey guys. I can't open facebook after i downloaded 1 malware from facebook bot. I removed everything from my pc like viruses and malawares, tryed everything what i fing in google but nothink don't help me . There is one guy here " 1mike12 " he have similar problem but with other decision .
Please help ... !

Relevancy 76.11%

my computer has win xp service pack II , installed on it two browsers
1- IE 8 2- mozallia fire fox

the first one open all pages except Faceboo.com page , every time I try to oen it says that IE is not able to open the page .

the fire fox open it , no problem with it , also google chrome open the page .

I delete IE8 and install it again , the problem still .pls help me
thanks

A:IE 8 is not able to open facebook.com page

Make sure it's not in your restricted sites on IE. Even though you reinstalled your preferences were kept. Also, try the log in page: https://www.facebook.com/login.php

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-8-is-not-able-to-open-facebook-com-page-695304.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Thing is that i have 2 computers on the same network and they can't open facebook, any browser i try.
My phone doesn't open it at all. Must be because it's on the wi'fi of the house .
I have readen your fixing solutions , i try all of them nothing works...
Help me someone if u can. Thanks ! (sry for my bad english)

A:Facebook won't open. strange.. no fix

closed
do not post duplicates
stay with
http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/1074769-facebook-wont-open.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook-wont-open-strange-no-fix.1074772/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have been through every forum I can find on this topic and facebook and google open Cannot sometimes tried everything I am not a computer person so to speak so it would be hard for me to tell you everything I tried I can tell you that I have done a system restore I have used Malware to do a full scan as well as spark trust I can ping wwww facebook com and receive a reply I have Cannot open facebook and sometimes google unplugged everything multiple times done a complete shutdown multiple times I have cleared all browsing history and the cache as well OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Cannot open facebook and sometimes google Description Not Available Cannot open facebook and sometimes google OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name SOLBERGS-PC System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion System Model AY AA-ABA p f System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot Time Zone Central Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Please help in any way you can I use facebook daily for my business and I really need to try to figure this out nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

But it opens perfectly in chrome. What I get is facebook with a blank page. No matter what I try and do in fb, nothing happens. But, as I said, it works just fine in chrome. Other webpages in ie10 work fine. I tried uninstalling ie, rebooting, re-installing ie, rebooting. Same problem. This just started happening yesterday

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8183 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 610338 MB, Free - 490190 MB; J: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 118650 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0X231R
Antivirus: PC Cleaners, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

Relevancy 76.11%

I've almostAbout daily logged on to Facebook for months now. About a month ago I started occassionally getting the message that I couldn't log in due to not having the proper cookies, but after trying multiple times would eventually get on. Now no matter how I try to sign in (email response link, direct website log in, etc.), my computer is directed to attempt to open (save to file) utilizing a greeting card software I have. Needless to say, after getting married and going away on a honeymoon I have people probably thinking I just don't want to talk to them!!! Any suggestions?

A:Suddenly Can't open facebook

What browser are you using? Not long ago I had a similar problem with Blogger that turned out to be an issue at their end with IE8. Also, I seem to recall reading that Facebook has been having issues recently with deactivating accounts in error. You might want to contact Facebook directly. I'm sure they have a help forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/263549/suddenly-cant-open-facebook/
Relevancy 76.11%

I wonder if somebody could help me get scrabble working on facebook to reduce the effects of my mothers severe scrabble withdrawal symptoms I am running windows XP with IE and scrabble has worked perfectly for the past years or so Last week she had a pop up on the scrabble loading page with the following message Adobe flash player settings Local storage fb-cdn ghsrv com is requesting permission to store info on your computer Requested up to mb currently used kb allow or deny After she clicked deny scrabble would no longer work The normal wont Scrabble on facebook Solved: load green scrabble loading icon will appear but no advertisement and after seconds or so a plain white screen will appear This repeatedly happens It will not work through firefox either Scrabble works on the other network pc in the house so I am pretty convinced it Solved: Scrabble on facebook wont load is a pc issue and not the website The latest version of flash player is installed Anybody have any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

When i go to connect to facebook and twitter it wont work, however it is working and connected to my Hotmail, Skype and google account.  When connecting i press "connect" then it loads and says..."cant connect to the servicewe cannot connect to the service you need right now. Check your network connection or try this again later." My connection is fine.  Why is it being annoying   How do i make it connect, this way i can the use my messages section to allow me to message my brothe whilst at University in Australia

A:why wont my laptop connect to facebook or twitter

DanielleDenby wrote:When i go to connect to facebook and twitter it wont work, however it is working and connected to my Hotmail, Skype and google account.  When connecting i press "connect" then it loads and says..."cant connect to the servicewe cannot connect to the service you need right now. Check your network connection or try this again later." My connection is fine.  Why is it being annoying   How do i make it connect, this way i can the use my messages section to allow me to message my brothe whilst at University in AustraliaI would contact your University IT department for assistance if you are connected but have limited access to certain sites/services.  Another thing you can try is taking the notebook to a place that offers free Wifi and seeing if you have the same issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/why-wont-my-laptop-connect-to-facebook-or-twitter/td-p/5606935
Relevancy 76.11%

For some reason -- videos on facebook wont go full screen in IE. There isnt even the fullscreen toggle arrows on the video.

However, this works fine in Chrome and Edge.

Must be an IE setting. Can anyone help????

Oh, and im on Windows 10

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/videos-on-facebook-wont-go-full-screen-in-ie-1148569.html
Relevancy 76.11%

For some reason -- videos on facebook wont go full screen in IE. There isnt even the fullscreen toggle arrows on the video.

However, this works fine in Chrome and Edge.

Must be an IE setting. Can anyone help????

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/57736-videos-facebook-wont-go-full-screen-ie.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Trying to fix the PC of a relation I think they clicked on one of those fake online virus scanners that has riddled their PC with malware At the moment i think there s some sort of keylogger or monitoring software on it Firefox IE homepage is set to facebook and can t be changed AVG free crashes on full scan MBAM crashes on full scan - works on quick scan finds nothing Avast crashes on full scan Spybot S amp D scans and found stuff removed it scans and XP - facebook SP3 Win wont = update work, homepage finds nothing Can t access windows update avast constantly gives warnings about various nefarious activity XP SP3 - Win update wont work, homepage = facebook on the machine blocks it but I can t seem to find a fix Am not currently in front of the PC but have run gmer and it found nothing but will run it again and post the log here later I ve run HijackThis and will include the log here Any help appreciated HIJACK THIS LOG Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data EPSON EPW SSRP E S RP EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgupd exe C Documents and Settings Administrator My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www facebook com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook BitTorrentBar Toolbar - c f aa-f f- c- f e-b d a - C Program Files BitTorrentBar tbBit dll R - URLSearchHook Power Karaoke Toolbar - e - a a- e -be - e ef a f - C Program Files Power Karaoke prxtbPow dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Conduit Engine - F B -B - - B- FBA BD D - C Program Files ConduitEngine ConduitEngin dll O - BHO Power Karaoke - e - a a- e -be - e ef a f - C Program Files Power Karaoke prxtbPow dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO BitTorrentBar Toolbar - c f aa-f f- c- f e-b d a - C Program Files BitTorrentBar tbBit dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Progra... Read more

A:XP SP3 - Win update wont work, homepage = facebook

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________Rootkit UnHooker (RkU)Please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check Drivers, Stealth Code, and uncheck the rest.Click OK.Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.Save the report to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create a FULL OTL ReportPlea... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401010/xp-sp3-win-update-wont-work-homepage-facebook/
Relevancy 75.25%

I cannot open links in facebook using windows 7 only in windows xp

A:Can not open links in facebook using windows 7

I would consider that to be good luck.

But......

What happens when you try to open the link?

What browser are you using?

Try right-clicking a link, and choose "Open link in new tab".

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/157514-can-not-open-links-facebook-using-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello!

On our home network (a couple computers) we can open any website...but all important Facebook. Does not matter the browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE...). This only started happening about a week ago. We are at a loss regarding what is going on. Additionally, FB will open for a couple minutes on my wife's Mac (but is slow and will not open pictures, etc.) maybe in the morning, but then becomes unavailable again shortly after ("failed to open page" - not responding). We are thinking it has something to do with our network, but not sure how to resolve it. 

Thank you for your feedback in advance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499818/facebook-will-not-open-on-any-computer-inon-network/
Relevancy 75.25%

I am DENNIS THAKKAR from BHUJ (INDIA)
Please Help Me its URGENTi am haveing Problem to OPEN FACEBOOK in any Brosewr on my WINDOWS 8
i am using Windows 8 OS 64bit i here is details of my system
Processor : Intel Core i5- 2310CPU @2.90Ghz
RAM : 12gb
System type : 64 bit Os
WINDOWS 8 pro
i am using
quick heal anti virus
Please help me i tried to open FACEBOOK and MICROSOFT site in all my Browsers like
GOOGLE CHROM | IE | Firefox and safari also
but i am facing same problem in all browsers same error
webpage is not available
and cant open this page

please help me i tried to re install all the browsers and even tried to do settings in internet options and changed the settings by unchecked connection setting of proxy
and i already rebooted my router and re installed all the internet setting
but cant help my self so please friend help me out of this messs

A:cant open FACEBOOK in any browser on WINDOWS 8

How about u installing antivirus program or disabling it and see if that is your problem

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/29473-cant-open-facebook-any-browser-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi About a week ago I noticed that Facebook wouldn t open on my laptop--I can access it on my iPhone I have tried on 2 laptop; open Facebook will not tried browsers browsers Chrome and Internet Explorer For both I deleted temp files and cookies Ran MalawareBytes no problems identified and CC Cleaner no problems I flushed the DNS cache Facebook will not open on laptop; tried 2 browsers logged off computer and rebooted modem wireless network to no avail I m stumped Otherwise laptop seems fine and I can log into other websites with no problem I just get a white page https www facebook com My system info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD A - MX APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon TM HD G Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Thanks very much in advance for any assistance This is not urgent Mercedes nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook-will-not-open-on-laptop-tried-2-browsers.1157410/
Relevancy 75.25%

when i open up either youtube or facebook, windows opens up the page but instead of the full website its like it has cut out all the pictures and has just got links written in blue and the page is all wierd. its like its different format or something=S
i have no freaking idea
help pweeeeease

Relevancy 75.25%

For over a month haven't been able to open neither facebook or messenger and now Instagram. it Is my laptop or anyone having the same issue?.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/442474-facebook-app-windows-10-pc-doesnt-open.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hey..............I use internet explorer, Netflix and videos on facebook will not play, they will both play on Mozilla firefox. I get the internet explorer is not responding message and the little green bar just keeps going.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-netflix-and-video-on-facebook-wont-play.1096934/
Relevancy 75.25%

I've tried authorizing People and Messenger to connect with Facebook and Twitter several times. It finishes the connection authorization and tells me that it may take a few minutes for the changes to take place. The changes never took place. It authorizes each time but never really connects. Any Suggestions on getting this work?

A:People and Messenger wont Connect to Facebook and Twitter.

Hi,

I wouldn't be surprised that it has to do with your region/geography and that this functionality is not enabled or something.

Are there any type of error messages or clues like that?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/5470-people-messenger-wont-connect-facebook-twitter.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Okay so i try to load any of those websites, it looks them and and then just sits there waiting for the website to respond, but all other website work fine, please help, i get this problem on internet explorer and Mozilla firefox

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/myspace-facebook-yahoo-and-google-wont-load.729429/
Relevancy 75.25%

yet a Weird bug with facebook Facebook com wont load I get a connection timed out proxy is off Firewall doesn't do it I ran tests All other sites works except facebook I with work. other sites Weird facebook. Wont connect bug but cleared cache Weird bug with facebook. Wont connect but other sites work. I dumped IP dns and renew ituninstalled reinstalled ChromeDone everything and wont work on Chrome nor Firefox However facebook works on TorI have no software or anything blocking anything Started today when turned PC on FB worked fine last night Last thing I done before turning on browser is uninstalling UnThreat When ping other sites they work fine Facebook get packet loss Tried everything no work I use Window HomePremium I have about ghz processor Quad-coreProcessor AMD A - K APU with Radeon tm HD graphics ComputerACPI x -based PC GB ram DDR I think bitMotherboard infoSerial E M BX Part No MB IY -M AAY For the Product between CPU RAM and TagsCan't get all product informationI went to system information and it wont say In system summary System Manufacturer and System model doesn't say anything useful I know someMotherboard is ASUS

A:Weird bug with facebook. Wont connect but other sites work.

What browsers have you tried? Does it fail to load on all of them?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/weird-bug-with-facebook-wont-connect-but-other-sites-work/19074.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello Everyone I am new to computers and I had in Stumbleupon and open to Facebook won't Shortcut Chrome. created a shortcut that opened up my StumbleUpon page directly in Chrome which allowed me to create bookmarks I had to run CC Cleaner and also had to remove an unwanted Ask Toolbar I tried several things to remove the toolbar that were recommended online but the only one that worked was installing Revo uninstaller Shortcut to Stumbleupon and Facebook won't open in Chrome. I couldn't get the original page back on internet explorer browser and so I ran Windows Fixit When this was taking forever and seemed to hang up I just restarted When I restarted my shortcut that opened directly in Chrome was an explorer shortcut on the desktop and would not open the site in Chrome where I could do the bookmarking I researched the ways to create the shortcut I tried to drag the url to the desktop from Chrome but it would only come up as a explorer shortcut I tried to go to tools and create an application shortcut but this would not get the Chrome circle that allows me to open directly in Chrome How do I get the shortcut to be I guess I would call it a Chrome shortcut that has the Chrome emblem as that one opens the pages directly in Chrome and allow bookmarking of selections This has had me pulling my hair out as I could find no solution I would appreciate it if someone might have a suggestion other than the ones I have tried I know Chrome has problems sometimes and I think it has something to do with my browser history being erased or some setting that has been changed as a result of Explorer Fixit or the CC cleaner running I need the shortcut to have a Chrome emblem and then it works properly Appreciate It

A:Shortcut to Stumbleupon and Facebook won't open in Chrome.

Have you set chrome as your default browser?

Default Programs - Set a Program's Default Associations

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/267137-shortcut-stumbleupon-facebook-wont-open-chrome.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi !

Since about a month, my browsers (I usually use Chrome, but the same problem happens with Firefox or IE) only open Facebook, Gmail and the Google homepage / Google search results. If I try to open another page, it loads for an infinite amount of time, until I close the browser. My laptop is running Windows 8.

I've tried looking up the problem on the internet, and it seems everyone has a different solution. What I've tried so far is pinging different addresses:

ping google.com responds and the webpage loads
ping yahoo.com responds but the webpage doesn't load
ping 4.2.2.1 responds

I've also tried ipconfig /flushdns, to no avail.

Could you please help me ?

Thanks a lot !

A:Browsers only open Facebook and Google/Gmail

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505164/browsers-only-open-facebook-and-googlegmail/
Relevancy 74.39%

Win 7 Home premium
Windows live mail can't open the link to a facebook link. Instead it gives the message that "This file does not have a program associated with it..."

Same message happens if I click on the "?" in upper right hand corner of the WLM page. Other links to pictures within emails do work.

On same computer WLM on another user's profile, I forwarded the same email that won't work on one account to the other account, and link opens IE and facebook.com.

What do I need to look for?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/wlivemail-cant-open-facebook-link-within-email-885601.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Please help i'm getting desperate Internet explorer or firefox won't open any google websites or facebook.I have done several different anti spyware searches and use AVG.When i try to open google it come up with the following:We are currently experiencing a large scale DDOS attack that has hit our sites which started at approximately 6:00am EST Sunday. We are working with our data center to resolve and/or mitigate this issue. More information will be posted here as we get updates.this has been happening for about the past month, but with different results a few weeks ago it was saying i had been attached by spywareany suggestions?Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:My internet browsers won't open google.co.uk or facebook

It seems that Facebook has been infected by the Koobface virus as of last Friday. Here is one account of it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/185036/my-internet-browsers-wont-open-googlecouk-or-facebook/
Relevancy 74.39%

I now have to go back to Explorer in order to open facebook. Haven't had a problem opening other websites, at least not yet.

A:Why won't my Microsoft Edge no longer let me open Facebook?

Try this: I have problem with opening Facebook links through EDGE - Microsoft Community
If you have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edge/413755-why-wont-my-microsoft-edge-no-longer-let-me-open-facebook.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello,

I would like to get rid of asia friendfinder page which opens when I click on facebook icon.

Thank you for advice.

A:asian friendfinder opens when I want to open facebook

it looks it was not such big problem. I uninstalled google chrome and it looks like it is gone now. thanks anyway..I will also uninstall ie 9 and  hopefully everything will be ok..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500663/asian-friendfinder-opens-when-i-want-to-open-facebook/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi,

Up until last night, I could open all of these sites without issue. Shut down the computer for 30 minutes came back to it and was unable to open any. It just states that internet explorer can not display the webpage.

I am able to access this website, banking, and google without a problem.

I run the anit malware quick scan and it didnt pick up anything. I also have avast virus protection but it didnt pick up anything. I have googled the problem and it seems to be quite common but doesnt seem there is any obvious fixes for it...

Please help

Sorry if i have posted in the wrong forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/374292/cant-open-popular-sites-such-as-hotmail-ebay-or-facebook/
Relevancy 73.53%

Good morning I am not sure if I am posting this in the right forum or not if I am not I do appologize and request it be moved to the proper place For the last two weeks I have been having issues with my home network the internet speed has been ungodly slow and Facebook a site I frequent for the mini games keeps popping up as blocked by OpenDNS to contact the system administrator Well the administrator is my father I have bought up this concern to him and his conection is also ungodly slow and he says he has not blocked Facebook and is unsure as to how it is happening very blocking slow from Facebook Open DNS Windows Web 7] [moved and Thru troubleshooting and research I think I kind of have pinpointed the problem but am unsure how to fix it Everytime this happens if I reset our modem viola everything starts running at a good speed Facebook pops up but the second my little brother realizes Web very slow and Open DNS blocking Facebook [moved from Windows 7] the modem has been reset he logs his pc back on I have no clue what he does in there besides play games and everything goes back to not functioning Finally frustrated with not being able to do anything I want to on my pc when I have the time I downloaded your program Hijackthis and ran a scan here is the log I really do hope you can help me out with this problem Thank you so much in advanced for your time Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PifSvc exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X lxduserv exe C WINDOWS system lxducoms exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client ssonsvr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS Mixer exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM cmlink exe C Program Files Lexmark - Series lxdumon exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM cshtdwn exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM cmlink exe C Program Files Lexmark - Series lxduMsdMon exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PifSvc exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster registrybooster exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC sump exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www facebook com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explore... Read more

A:Web very slow and Open DNS blocking Facebook [moved from Windows 7]

You have a lot of heavy apps running.

What are system specs - CPU, RAM, etc...?

Norton Internet Security is probably using the most system resources.

I also see Cirtix, Yahoo Messenger, Apple; 5 instances of IE open.

Boot into SAFEMODE with Networking. See if Internet faster there. Tap F8 key repeatedly during boot-up.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/web-very-slow-and-open-dns-blocking-facebook-moved-from-windows-7-a-532036.html
Relevancy 73.53%

As of yesterday i was unable to open all of my email accounts and facebook accounts that also used the same email address It's telling me the passwords as well as the secret questions are incorrect Can you please help - DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by HP Owner at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV ZoneAlarm Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated D B - C- CAB- FF - B B F CF FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs Infected that let facebook email Virus with of my open won't a account or me any vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin Infected with a Virus that won't let me open any of my email or facebook account ACService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton PC Checkup executables mrHealthy MrHealthy exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files abelhadigital com HostsMan hm exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS vsnp uvc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe Infected with a Virus that won't let me open any of my email or facebook account C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter c WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation infocard exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings HP Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google com uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf mSearch Bar hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll BHO - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch A FB BD dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - No File TB CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - No File EB amp Research ff e -cc a- e e-bf b- e ... Read more

A:Infected with a Virus that won't let me open any of my email or facebook account

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276084/infected-with-a-virus-that-wont-let-me-open-any-of-my-email-or-facebook-account/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello!
I have a big problem here.I can open any web page except google youtube facebook yahoo and hotmail..I tried to turn off windows firewall and my antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials but it didn't work..I tried to restore default internet settings but it still cannot open this websites..When I connect another modem It's everything ok..What should I do cause I have 8 hours trying to fix this problem..

A:I can't open some websites like Google Facebook Youtube Yahoo Hotmail

Quote: Originally Posted by Henry Lost

Hello!
I have a big problem here.I can open any web page except google youtube facebook yahoo and hotmail..I tried to turn off windows firewall and my antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials but it didn't work..I tried to restore default internet settings but it still cannot open this websites..When I connect another modem It's everything ok..What should I do cause I have 8 hours trying to fix this problem..

Download Malwarebytes and run it just in case.

Malwarebytes : Download free malware, virus and spyware tools to get your computer back in shape!

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/203814-i-cant-open-some-websites-like-google-facebook-youtube-yahoo-hotmail.html
Relevancy 73.1%

After signing off my Facebook and MSN email accounts (desktop) at night, the next morning when I boot up, they are open. Also, when on MSN home page, Live Mail, or web pages with links, my Optical Wireless Pilot Mouse left click does not function on most links I click on - I have to right click and then click on OPEN. 
I use Norton 360, and have also run Malwarebytes, Spybot Search & Destroy,  SUPERAntiSpyware trying to find my problem.
I found Bleeping Computer when using Norton Web Support.  I hope there is someone out there that can advise me on what to do next.

A:Email & Facebook are already open when first starting WIN7/IE10 desktop

No reason for them to be open unless someone/something has them running at boot, IMO.

I'd use a startup manager such as Startup Control Panel - http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml and see what's listed.  Any items listed can be unchecked to prevent them running at boot, this does not prevent the program from running on demand.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510536/email-facebook-are-already-open-when-first-starting-win7ie10-desktop/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello,

I have this problem since a week now.

I can browse to any website expect those requiring log in.
Can open google.com but not gmail.
can open yahoo main page but not yahoo mail etc.

During the week I could run Anti-Spyware and found Trojan.Rootkit/gen and removed.
I also have run HJT and posted log in a forum here but no reply.

I decided to format C drive and re-install Windows 7 ultimate. But still the same situation.

Can you please urgently offer help?

Thanks in advance.

A:Can't open gmail, yahoo, hotmail , facebook and bank webpages

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415048/cant-open-gmail-yahoo-hotmail-facebook-and-bank-webpages/
Relevancy 72.24%

I attempt to log onto Facebook from one computer and get the following:

Your Computer Needs to Be Cleaned
  It looks like your computer is being affected by malware. We’ll help you fix the problem to keep your account secure and prevent malware from spreading to friends.     Malware is software that tries to steal personal information and causes problems when you use Facebook. Clicking or sharing links that contain spam can give your computer malware.

Followed by a button to "get started" which I have left strictly alone.

I can log in fine from other computers.

I've run Malwarebytes anti-malware which found no issues and scanned with Avast Free antivirus which also reported nothing.

A:Hijack? Facebook, and only facebook, says

It's a legit warning from Facebook... see this thread.Once you downloaded the removal tool and let it run, Facebook will let you back in.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582406/hijack-facebook-and-only-facebook-says/
Relevancy 65.36%

Ok so the Issue is I cannot access hotmail facebook so many other random sites as well and it seems that almost every site i can access only allows me to access the first pages cannot open most quot download quot buttons or anything like that and it seems completely random def certain open randomly ones wont but Website will not. uploading Website randomly wont open but certain ones def will not. is near impossible as well for example i couldnt attach the file for this forum i had to use my GF's laptop which works no problem Website randomly wont open but certain ones def will not. on any website So Its not the internet Ive tried so many virus and spyware scans and other forum suggestions like going through the RUN quot dll quot for IE and that didnt work also ive tried firefox IE and google Chrome all the same problem says its loading but nothing happens then it just times out after a few minutes Its so incredibly frustrating please if anyone can help ill name my first born child after you DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Giacomo at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV BitDefender Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated C BB C-B ED- F -A C- BB AV Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus On-access scanning disabled Updated D C B -C DC- F- EF - AF A EFF FW BitDefender Firewall enabled F- E - A -A - D B F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender vsserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager LCDMon exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software G-series Software LGDCore exe C Program Files Razer Salmosa razerhid exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS vVX exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SEC Natural Color Pro NCProTray exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDClock exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDCountdown exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDPop exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDMedia exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS ATKKBService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender seccenter exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Razer Salmosa razertra exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C Program Files Razer Salmosa razerofa exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclUSBSrv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclRSSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Giacomo My Documents Downloads dds scr C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt uURLSearchHooks H - No File mURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c p... Read more

A:Website randomly wont open but certain ones def will not.

Hi Quinnmarc
Still having PC problems ?
If so post back with a new DDS log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/website-randomly-wont-open-but-certain-ones-def-will-not-408227.html
Relevancy 64.07%

heres the deal i can click on internet explorer link that one works so does my favourites folder they all load fine but when i click on a link like the one my game installed it wont load it opens internet explorer but nothing happens same with msn links and yahoo links i cant even click on links to microsoft support which i have in defender and that please help as this is a bugger

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/when-i-click-on-a-website-link-on-my-desktop-it-wont-open-393896.html
Relevancy 58.05%

when i share a link on facebook it keeps taking it to my wall. all i want is for it to be seen on the home page, any ideas.
Stewart

A:facebook

This is a Facebook error not IE.

When you post a link into Facebook make sure your using "Update my Status" and that way everybody will see it in their "wall".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/facebook-606871.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Didn't know where else to ask this since it's internet related Facebook Odd Bug? Well a few friends of mine friended someone today on Facebook I saw the post on the newsfeed and clicked the link to the profile Odd Facebook Bug? I'm using the English US Facebook Clicking the link to the profile brought me to the Turkish version of the profile hxxp tr-tr facebook com and it logged me out of Facebook entirely So I logged back into normal Facebook went to the post clicked the profile link again and it brought me to the normal US version of the profile So I went back and got the link to the quot Turkish quot version of the profile and asked a friend to try it Clicking the URL of the Turkish version brought him to the US version of it So then I tried it again and even the Turkish version link brought me to the US version As a note the profile was new and It definitely wasn't caused by malware So was it just a one-time bug What exactly happened Is this something I should be worried about It only happened with this profile

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/odd-facebook-bug-597340.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a school take home laptop but even at home facebook is blocked. is there any way i can unblock it??

A:How do i get on facebook?

howdy, and welcome to TSG.

Nope, there is not a way to do that. You will need to talk to your school's IT department to unblock that. We cannot assist with bypassing those type of restrictions, so I'm going to close this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-get-on-facebook.1065405/
Relevancy 58.05%

I cannot get facebook to load

A:facebook

Hi and welcome to TSF

You need to give us more detail, such as do you get any error messages like page not found? Is this a work or school /access PC?

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/facebook-651014.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Tech Support Guy vs. CPU Facebook ??? System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm CPU vs. Facebook ??? Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce FX CPU vs. Facebook ??? Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC Diablo Antivirus None lt lt CPU vs. Facebook ??? lt lt lt lt Antivirus reported as none I actually have Avira Free Antivirus installed up to date and active XP is the version I have Road Runner cable for ISP The computer is a HP Pavilion a n I don t recall the exact date of purchase but I have had it at least years In spite of a few bumps along the road it has been quite good to me I would buy another if the need arises The issue I need some feedback on is this This is and has been a pretty quick machine for its age It still runs with that quality until I get on Facebook and go to play some of their resource hungry games i e Double Down Casino or Mystery Manor Then it slows down to like dial-up speeds I have opened the Task Manager to the Performance tab several different times and the CPU is always maxed out but it seems only when using the Facebook games I maxed the RAM hoping it would help the situation but there is plenty of unused memory and the CPU is maxed Are there changes I can make somewhere to aleviate the stress on the CPU I remember somewhere years back changes can be made to like the quot Commit Charge quot or quot Kernel Memory quot settings Don t know for sure but it is something I read or heard somewhere Any suggestions or ideas will be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Is it possible to make your surname just an initial (one letter),

for example: "Tony P".

I've seen people do this, but when I try facebooks automated system rejects it

A:Facebook

You posted this in a forum that deals with questions and problems related to the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system. You may want to ask a moderator to move your question to our web and e-mail forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/facebook.790425/
Relevancy 58.05%

On Sunday hackers got into my gmail acct and sent a message saying I had been robbed in Madrid and I needed cash wiring to me. Google shut my acct down, but I have managed to recover it.
Ever since this has happened I cannot access fb. I try to log in and it says it will send a confirmation email to my address. The email never gets there so I click on a "send again" link and it says "something went wrong please try later"
How can I get my fb back?

A:Cannot get into facebook

How, exactly, did you recover your Gmail account?

What e-mail address is Facebook sending the confirmation to?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-get-into-facebook.1070486/
Relevancy 58.05%

I foolishly installed the facebook beta app from the Windows 10 store,now I'm getting popups notifying me of posts in Facebook and I find that really annoying. I've tried blocking notifications in Chrome and Torch browser, manually deleting anything relating to Facebook from inside the Windowsapps folder but I still get those damn notifications! GRRRR!!! Under the apps and features section in the settings menu, the Facebook beta app is still listed but can't be removed, trying to uninstall it gives me an 0x80073cfa error. I even tried removing the app with PowerShell and I got an error. How the bloody hell do I rid myself of this thing?

A:Please help me get rid of the Facebook app!

How to get rid of Face Book
Have tried to uninstall it this way
Left click Start
Then go to All Apps
Scroll down until you see the face Book App
Then Right Click and a menu should show up
At the bottom you should see uninstall
Click that and it should uninstall its self

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/43426-please-help-me-get-rid-facebook-app.html
Relevancy 58.05%

quicjk question i am having a debate with a friend he says that when prospective employers etc look you up they can HACK your facebook, i said no they can see if you are not on private but they cant actually hack your account, can someone clarify this?

A:Facebook

Yes they can hack. Actually at right there is an option Forgot password? They can do with this. To prevent from this 1.Give a strong password 2.Never tell your email id to other that make them easy to hack 3.Never tell confirmation code that you get from facebook company This will prevent from hacking your prevent.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617641/facebook/