Windows Support Forum

Network connection to server disconnects constantly

Q: Network connection to server disconnects constantly

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network connection to server disconnects constantly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi im new to this forum I have some problems with my network To begin i have a D-Link DI- wireless router with latest firware And i have pc's and a laptop All computers have D-Link wireless network adapters which can have a throughput of mb so can the wireless router The network is fine No problems Constantly Network Drive Disconnects My pc has a HDD that the whole network can put there stuff on they have full access to it But my brothers pc and my dads laptop keep losing connection to after a certain amount Network Drive Constantly Disconnects of time But my sisters pc has no problems it wont loose connection Here are some basic specs of the pc's Mine Windows XP Pro x SP AMD Athlon X gb SATA Master HDD not shared gb ATA Slave HDD full access gb DDR RAM Dual Channel Brothers Windows XP Home SP Intel P HTT ghz gb ATA Master HDD not Shared gb DDR RAM Sisters Windows Network Drive Constantly Disconnects Vista Home Basic Intel Core Duo ghz i think gb ATA Master HDD not shared gb DDR RAM Dads Laptop Window XP Home SP AMD Athon gb ATA Master HDD Not Shared mb DDR RAM Any ideas If you need more info just say

A:Network Drive Constantly Disconnects

Anyone going to help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-drive-constantly-disconnects-144284.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

I have a network with up to a dozen computers at any one time.
All have static ips
Most are wired.

The prob is between 2 wireless computers.
If I run both comps with windows xp, all is fine.
But 1 of the pcs is often booted from a live (Puppy) Linux cd.
When I boot using Linux, both of these pcs start dis/reconnecting to the network, every few minutes.
The nics both have different macs, & they are both assigned their own static ips correctly.
Another wireless pc on the network is not affected.

Any ideas why the disconnects & how to solve this prob?

PS. I am using a Netgear 824 router.

Thanks for any replies

Rob

Relevancy 75.68%

Ok I have a Dell Latitude D with a Intel Pro wireless lan mini pci adapter internal on my computer The router is a linksys wrt gs v router The laptop will constantly disconnect and reconnect from the router mostly when I am downloading something Sometimes laptop constantly disconnects Wireless network the network will lock up and disappear completely under View network connections The problem only occurs at my GF s Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop apartment And i know its not poor signal in the walls cause she just moved and have the same problems in the new place I have the same make and model router Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop at my place and have no problems I also have no problems when I connect to the wireless network Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop at my school I also have no problems with the network using my girlfriends laptop Also my ps has no problems connecting wireless to the router either so i m pretty sure the problem is not the router but is the laptop but why only having problems with this router is really puzzling me I m at a loss of what to do i updated the firmware on the router updated the drivers on my laptop and still no solution I also changed the router s channel to one that wasn t being used by any other networks in the area nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

I have had a problem for the past couple days. I have looked over many places on the internet and have not found a solution.

The problem is my computer ASUS ul 30-a up until a few days ago was running fine on wireless until a couple of days ago when the wireless constantly was cutting out every minute or so and reconecting 10-15 seconds later. I have reformatted my computer and installed multiple new driver from the Asus website. When wired into the router the internet works perfectly. But wireless even directly next to it does not work. Their are 2 other laptops in the house neither which have had any problem dropping connections. Another thing I fine odd is that my computer is perfectly fine on my wireless at school. I have tried resetting the router and multiple router setting but still nothing. Renew release Ip, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 74.82%

I have a wireless home network set constantly Solved: disconnects on computer Wireless one network up with desktop computers and laptops Most of the computers have no problems but one gets disconnected almost immediately if the network is left idle for a short time usually takes less than a minute The only way I can stay connected is to constantly download a file browse online without stopping play a game online etc If I stop Windows XP SP still displays the network as connected usually with Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer Excellent or Very Good Signal Strength yet I cannot do anything online I can t even successfully ping the router a Netgear WGT v until I disconnect from the network then reconnect Simply clicking repair does not fix anything My network adapter is an Airlink AWLH g Wireless PCI Adapter I have all power saving options disabled so I don t believe the adapter is turning itself off I previously had an Airlink router but moved and it got lost so I now have the Netgear router Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer I never had any problems connecting the other router If I use my laptop in the same room as the desktop it has no problems so I don t think the location of the computer Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer is a problem Any suggestions of what could be causing this problem on this computer Thanks in advance and feel free to ask any questions for further clarification -Jeff nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Good afternoon all I'm having (without can't server drive Network reboot) reconnect and disconnects the following problem with some PCs on a domain at work and the quot official quot admin is a bit puzzled too let alone me the quot unofficial quot local admin - The scenario there are a few PCs with either Windows Pro or XP Pro with networked drives which point to a Windows Pro PC acting as a server We can get these networked drives working nicely then without Network drive disconnects and can't reconnect (without server reboot) warning the quot client quot machine drops it's connection and we can't reconnect the network drive without rebooting the quot server quot A message comes up something like quot the network drive is already in use quot The admin is Network drive disconnects and can't reconnect (without server reboot) puzzled because Windows Pro can support concurrent network connections or so we believe and when we run quot netstat quot on the quot server quot there aren't anything like connections maybe but not Has anyone got any ideas I can try Thanks in advance Roger V

A:Network drive disconnects and can't reconnect (without server reboot)

Any ideas? This is driving me a bit nuts. :-)
Thanks in advance,
Roger V

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335226-network-drive-disconnects-cant-reconnect-without-server-reboot.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,
In the last 4-8 weeks i have noticed a trend that when any laptop detects a Network connection or disconnection it automatically launches the MSN home page on the browser
We have out local intranet set to home page. and MSN is popping up instead intermittently
Ive noticed this since we last updated our end users via WSUS.
We are all mostly running windows 8.1 x64.
To no success we have attempted this below:
Modify this registry key to 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet\EnableActiveProbing
But it still reoccurs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dfa44378-861d-4306-b8a7-648d46ccd3c9/msn-pop-up-when-network-connection-connectsdisconnects?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 67.08%

I saw reconnect Wireless IP. network get won't connection and disconnects, this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t wireless-connection-stuck-on-acquiring-network-addressforever First I Wireless network connection disconnects, won't reconnect and get IP. want to say that I don't think there was ever a malware problem on this machine a Lenovo R It worked ok for a long time but a year or so ago it started disconnecting from the wireless network It would say connected and acquiring network address but it never completed I did a network tcp ip reset on it that didn't change anything I got another identical wifi bluetooth card and changed it no difference A few days ago it was working then stopped with the acquiring network address and as a test I gave it a static IP on the local network and it connected It worked until I shut down Today I booted up same static IP configured and it worked OK for about an hour Then it stopped working and said acquiring network address even though it had a static number configured I checked Very odd So something is amiss here More than meets the eye I started reading threads including the one I referenced above I compared some of the regedits that were recommended then but nothing really stood out I did notice that even though the Remote Procedure Call RPC Service is marked as started and automatic the start stop buttons are grayed I could not determine for sure that it's running or not but I admit I don't know that it needs to be running Admittedly this is an odd one It could be a hardware problem on the motherboard but I can't find any evidence of that Any ideas

A:Wireless network connection disconnects, won't reconnect and get IP.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569816/wireless-network-connection-disconnects-wont-reconnect-and-get-ip/
Relevancy 64.07%

I need some help here.

I work in a small office where we have about 10 computers on a LAN. Recently I upgraded one of our computers to XP Pro with SP3. It ran fine for about two weeks and then the internet started to not work. I "repaired?" the network connection and it worked for about 5 minutes and went down again. It seems like it is sending data but not receiving. I have done a lot of research and tried many suggestions on a few forums and nothing has helped. I even reformated the hard drive and reinstalled windows xp...still nothing. I know my way around computers enough to follow directions if anyone can help it would be appreciated!

-Austin

Relevancy 63.21%

I recently suffered a virus attack Connection LAN Constantly Acquiring Network Address on my home PC I believe that I cleared the viruses and malware on my computer but now I am unable to connect to the internet My PC is connected to a Linksys router which is in turn connected to my modem The laptops that are wirelessly connected to my network can connect to the internet but the LAN Connection Constantly Acquiring Network Address PC LAN connection cannot I ve unplugged cables power cycled the modem and router and uninstalled and reinstalled the network adapter I ve followed suggestions seen on other threads and have noticed that the DHCP will not start I m at a loss here I ran ipconfig all and here s what I got Microsoft Windows XP Version C LAN Connection Constantly Acquiring Network Address Copyright - Microsoft Corp Windows IP Configuration Host Name Family Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti LAN Connection Constantly Acquiring Network Address on Physical Address - C- E-FA- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe c eff fefa Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Can anyone please give me some suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

My two desktop computers never break their network connection. My laptop breaks the connection of my home network constantly but never breaks other connections: i.e., when I am using a WI connection at a cafe or when I am visiting family and using their network. There have been a couple of periods when the laptop will work at home for two or three weeks in a row without breaking the connection.
All three compters are Windows XP. The laptop location has no effect on the problem.

A:Network connection breaks constantly on laptop

Some things you can try here.
For wireless connections, change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
For wireless connections, try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.
Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-breaks-constantly-on-laptop.789507/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have an HP Pavilion a e running Windows Vista I work in a small office and we connect to a connection, network losing Windows Constantly Vista larger network through ports on our floor our network Constantly losing network connection, Windows Vista admin said our connection is a DS though I m not familiar with that When I start up my computer I can connect to the internet just fine but certain events will trigger a lost connection that cannot be repaired unless i restart This will usually happen when I am downloading a file such as an Constantly losing network connection, Windows Vista installation file or an update file though it also occasionally happens while I am just browsing My network admin has no clue what the problem is and HP s tech support is stumped and difficult to deal with There are certain sites from which I can download a file and I will undoubtedly lose my connection its not a random occurrence I know a little bit about computers and it seems to me that once my bandwidth reaches a certain limit over some interval of time my connection is completely lost Not sure if this is correct but that is the feeling I get Sorry this is so wordy any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I have been having a problem with my DSL constantly disconnecting I like to play an online game called Rumble Fighter That s pretty much the help. DSL constantly disconnects, only game I play online It used to stay connected pretty good maybe DC DSL constantly disconnects, help. ing once in a while but lately it disconnects about every - mins I can t stay connected and it s getting anonying Here is some info about my setup DSL thru Verizon Modem Westell model W Vonage as phone company PC specs Windows Vista HP F AMD Phenom Quad Core GHz GB of DDR RAM GB HD We have also had problem with Vonage dropping calls I have have contacted them and we have done everything they can on their end to fix it so I am thinking Verizon is the problem I also ran a Line quality test and here is DSL constantly disconnects, help. the results I got http www dslreports com linequality nil Also ran DR Ping from that same site which gives me a result of which I don t know what that means and it says the following Sorry pings gave errors or timeouts from IPs were reachable Any help is greatly appreciated Should I contacted Verizon I am on the West Coast if that DSL constantly disconnects, help. matters Thanks Mike nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Right, so before this DSL was rarely stable, it was incredibly slow. I solved the problem by directly connecting the modem (a Westell 6100) to the phone jack, as from what I've seen, the three way splitter that was used killed the connection speed. Now the results from doing this was the internet speed being increased sevenfold. The connection I have is from Verizon, not really too sure on the connection, but if it helps, the top speed I have now is about 70 kb/s. I've taken the line quality test from DSLReports, but from what it says, everything is apparently good. Another thing I've noticed too is that the Internet and Ethernet lights on both the router (A Linksys WRT300N) and the modem are constantly flashing. If anyone could help me with this, I'd be grateful, and the link to the test is here. http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2537166

Relevancy 59.77%

I have a new laptop with a built in 802.11G adapter. It connects to my router, but then disconnects periodically, sometimes it reconnects right away, other times I have to turn the wireless adapter off and back on before it reconnects. Any advice would be helpful. Is it possible it has something to do with SP2 as this is the first time I've ever used it and this is the first time I'm having problems.

A:Wireless disconnects constantly.

SP2 and the wireless adapters built in connection utility on alot of models do not play nice so usually you have to pick one or the other to use. As well you will probably want to check the channel your on as something else may be causing interferance. Have you tried your laptop in other wirelesas areas? You may want to do that to have piece of mind that your card and configuration of your laptop is working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-disconnects-constantly.407959/
Relevancy 59.77%

Um, I do have internet that runs perfectly but for some reason..after a good while on the internet, it disconnects and i have to reboot just to get a connection everytime. I don't know what is going on but it gets on my nerves. I'm working on a bunch of projects that need access to the internet but i can't finish them with the internet giving up on me everytime i need it. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

A:Internet Constantly Disconnects...

First, try another browser to see if this behavior occurs there. This'll let us know if it's a browser issue or not. Here's a link to a nice free browser (Firefox) that I use: http://www.mozilla.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72897/internet-constantly-disconnects/
Relevancy 59.77%

I've had Verizon DSL for a while now, and I'll be honest, its the worst service we have ever gotten.
It goes down consistently, and by the time i call Verizon Tech Support, internet seems to stabilize and they say there is nothing wrong with my internet.
I did a line test at dslreports and got the following result.
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2552521

Looks just fine, but what explains the constant disconnections?
Oh, their 24/7 Tech Support lines seemed to have been closed for a long time now as well. Also, when i try calling corporate, they put my on hold then hang up.

Sooo, what do you guys think?
Thanks in advance.
-Jonathan

Relevancy 59.77%

When on Windows 7 (release 7100, 64 bit), the wireless internet disconnects after/during downloading a file, game downloads updates, or even when playing an online game. The internet still appears to be connected to my network however a message mentions "limited access". If I disconnect from the network, I am unable to reconnect to the network (error comes up).

This issue does not occur when using Ubuntu (dual boot) or on other computers connected to the internet (using Win XP/Vista). And does not occur when directly connected to the internet.

I also have noticed somewhat of an issue that may be relating to this problem. My network adapter is Belkin Wireless G Desktop Card F5D7000. However, Windows 7 recognizes the network card as "Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card"

Thanks for any help~

A:Wireless Constantly Disconnects

I've got the same exact problem. I have a Rosewill RNX-N2X wireless adapter. My computer does the same thing - the wireless connection comes up with limited access and it won't connect again.

Along with this though, when this happens, my CPU starts getting eaten up to almost 90% usage by something. When I try to shut down, it just locks at the shutting down screen, and I have to hold in the button.

The connection works most of the time when just surfing the web, but when making my account for this site it decided to disconnect. I've tried changing the wireless security, channel, drivers, etc... When I try a wired connection, the connection stays fine under heavy load, so it must be something with wireless drivers or something..Please help!

Edit: Also, my router is a D-Link DIR-655, but I don't think it's the problem. A Windows 7 laptop does not have any problems with this using the same router.

Edit 2: Nevermind, wireless disconnects even when surfing web after about 3-4 minutes, but downloads stop it instantly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/23476-wireless-constantly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all, I recently bought my first laptop (HP Streambook) and it's fine except for it constantly disconnecting from my wifi?
It only does this in my room (note that every other device I own can still pick up and keep a consistent connection in here), and when it picks up the connection, it only has 2-3 bars. It'll then go to 5 bars for about 30 secs, then disconnect completely. When I attempt to reconnect it may not work at all, or appear there with 2-3 bars again. I have reset the network card more times than I care to mention and any amount of troubleshooting won't help. I'm at my wit's end, any ideas?

A:WiFi constantly disconnects?

Welcome to the forum!

Honestly, not the top of the line when it comes to notebooks/laptops. Can't rule out that it simply has a weak wifi adapter and antenna. What adapter does it have? May need to update the drivers. How far are you from the router and are there walls in between?

Also be sure the adapter is not allowed to sleep and power saving mode is not enabled.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62902-wifi-constantly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Heres my problem, it has persisted for the past 3-4 months or so.

Randomly, but more frequently when i am gaming (WoW, Counter strike, Ventrilo, Warcraft III), my cable completely disconnects my internet and telephone (Optimum online & Voice)

The modem itself stays on but the lights for DS, US, and Online go out for 30 secs to a minute then reconnects and my internet is fine for the next 30 minutes or so until the same thing happens again.

I have switched out modems since it happened, no change.
I have switched out routers (upgraded from a WRT54GS to a WRT310N), no change.

I have seen you guys do some remarkable stuff with Hijackthis and such, if you could help me now with this problem it would relieve a lot of grief.

Thanks for your time

A:Internet Constantly Disconnects

Hi

Just out of interest have you contacted your ISP in case it is a fault with their equipment. ?

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-constantly-disconnects.109954/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,
I have ATT Uverse Internet, and an att uverse gateway, and on my computer the wireless keeps randomly disconnecting. Over the past few weeks it has started doing this more and more often, for instance today I can't get connection for more than 5 minutes before it disconnects. However, the wireless works on my other computer, Xbox, and iphone, so I'm not sure what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 58.91%

I CANNOT take this anymore Over the past two weeks our connection has progressively gotten worse and worse to the point now where I m lucky enough to stay online minutes not ISP Wireless disconnects- constantly Solved: at a time Our ISP is AT Solved: Wireless constantly disconnects- not ISP amp T and before this our net used to get easily Solved: Wireless constantly disconnects- not ISP disconnected by a phone call we are to get this problem in itself solved soon with filters The modem router is connected to my mother s computer downstairs She never seems to have any problems with connectivity or at least not as much as I do I m running wireless in the room right above her and I have never had this bad of a problem until recently Any wireless connection upstairs drops constantly and becomes horribly slow or disconnects completely it is still connected to the router We called our ISP and they claimed it was not a problem on their end The tech support was actually very thorough and he did everything he could from tests to helping me reset our modem back to factory settings in case there was anything possibly wrong with the modem itself- which is not that old - years give or take I ve tried multiple times to disconnect the modem and reconnect to restart the system which used to work this issue is something completely different I updated my wireless networking card driver and the problem persists I don t know what else to do and my patience has worn thin on this issue It s very bizarre and I have tried to search for anything similar but to no avail PLEASE if anyone can help let me know and if you need any more information and thank you so much in advance if you have any idea in which to help me with this problem Here is the Ipconfig if it helps at all Windows IP Configuration Host Name amie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description n Wireless PCI Express Card LAN Ada pter Physical Address - - -DA-CC-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c f b da a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - F- - F-C -DB- - B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - F-C -DB- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address - -C - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E -A B - -A - FD br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c bba b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c bba b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Loca... Read more

Relevancy 58.91%

I want to apologize in advanced for my lengthy post I recently upgraded my systems to and Reconnects Wireless Constantly Disconnects Windows Ultimate -bit Ultimate edition on both my desktop and laptop and have changed my router to a D-Link DGL- Here is some information on my systems Dell Inspiron Wireless Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects desktop - wired Windows Ultimate -bit Intel PWLA GT Mbps PCI PRO GT Desktop Adapter x RJ Sony VAIO VGN-CR laptop - wireless Windows Ultimate -bit Intel Wireless Wi-Fi Link AGN Wireless connection is managed by Windows D-Link DGL- settings Basic Wireless Settings Band GHz Mode Mixed n g b Auto Channel Scan Disabled Wireless Channel GHz - Channel Transmission Rate Best Channel Width MHz Advanced Wireless Settings Transmit Power High Beacon Period RTS Threshold Fragmentation Threshold DTIM Wireless Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects Interval WLAN Partition Disabled WMM Enabled Short GI Enabled I have been getting choppy speeds on my desktop and my laptop disconnects and reconnects constantly I ended up disabling a few other settings on my router which were not mentioned above I disabled Gamefuel the firewall SPI and I changed the NAT Endpoint Filtering for both UDP and TCP to Endpoint Independent This sped up my wired connection a bit but didn t help my wireless I also changed some of my wireless adapter settings on my laptop to show the following n Channel Width for band Auto n Mode Enabled Ad Hoc Channel b g Ad Hoc Power Management Disabled Ad Hoc QoS Mode WMM disabled Fat Channel Intolerant Disabled Mixed Mode Protection CTS-to-Self enabled Roaming Aggressiveness Lowest Throughput Enhancement Disabled Transmit Power Highest Wireless Mode a b g Nothing has worked I don t think it s my laptop only because I can connect to one of my neighbor s unsecured connections Another thing is that my Blackberry cannot connect to my network either It can pick up other wireless connections but not mine I used the PBC security method to set up the connection I don t know if this would help but there are at least other wireless connections that my laptop can see I normally wouldn t mind picking up free wi-fi but I would prefer to connect to my own network since I have a NAS server set up Please HELP nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

After years of my laptop running flawlessly I ve started having major problems connecting to my router the internet I noticed the problems started happening after I did a huge gb download My computer constantly but randomly disconnects for random intervals of time If I do while computers constantly other not disconnects Laptop m lucky it ll connect just fine but once it disconnects it ll most likely not work for quite some time The other computers cellphones etc aren t having any problems with connecting and it s only my laptop Sometimes it seems to go on a quot Identifying Name No internet access quot loop or it connects to the router but I get no internet access And whenever I troubleshoot it it never really helps anything and I never get a consistent reason as to why it isn t working The laptop is an Asus running Windows Windows IP Configuration Host Name Katie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C- B-D - - -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ca comcast net Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- B-D - A- F-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address - B- - -F -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Laptop constantly disconnects while other computers do not Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E D -E A - FCC-BCD -B DC FA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - Laptop constantly disconnects while other computers do not - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ca comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B C D-E B- FA -BDB -E C E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

So I recently bought a Vantec SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter. Once I got it I hooked it up to my 750gb Seagate Barracuda hard drive; it let me view the files, but after I wanted to access my user folder, it said something about not having permission and closed unexpectedly. After that happened, I shut it off. Now when I plug it into any one of my computers, it repeatedly connects and then disconnects within 30 seconds. What should I do?

A:SATA HDD to USB Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects

Try a different cable. Try the Seagate in a computer. Try a different drive in the Vantec.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/49458-sata-hdd-usb-constantly-disconnects-reconnects.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I've never had this issue before with my Linksys Wireless-G PCI adapter model WMP54G. Its not much of a big problem but it is annoying! Connection is great at Excellent but sometimes it just disconnects and then automatically re-connects. It doesn't matter if I'm in the middle of loading a webpage or using the connection in any way either. I've checked for radio frequency interference and there is none in its area. The router is an Actiontec. Also whats frustrating is the connection speed even with an Excellent connection. It tops out at 54Mbps but sometimes drops to 12Mbps or 18Mbps even when there isn't heavy connection activity and the connection runs very slow. Google and web searches have not been successful. Any ideas?

A:[SOLVED] Wireless Adapter constantly disconnects.

How far away is the access point? What happens if you move directly in front of it? Do the problems still occur?
Are there any walls / Metal objects / fridges (large electrical components etc) between you and the access point?
You can try to swivel the Access Point aerial so it is horizontal instead of vertical or vertical instead of horizontal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-wireless-adapter-constantly-disconnects-503426.html
Relevancy 58.48%

As the topic title says, my Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN (On this machine) Constantly connects and disconnects about every 5-10 seconds. My other machines on my network are fine.

I've tried moving the card into different PCI slots;
Changing the RJ45;
Installing drivers on the CD provided;
Installing drivers from the internet;
Uninstalling the card completely and installing as above;

Any ideas?
Any other specs you may require, just ask and i'll post them.

Windows XP (No service Packs as i just formatted. It had the same problems with SP1 and SP2 installed too)

Many thanks.

Ben

A:Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN Connects-Disconnects constantly

Where are you connecting to? A router? A switch? A bridge? A hub? Another computer?
What does your network look like in general?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-10-100-lne100tx-lan-connects-disconnects-constantly.22663/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello For the past months or so I ve had trouble with my internet and have tried recently to fix it since it annoys me insanely Here s my setup - Sony Vaio FE laptop with Vista Home Premium -bit service pack - Router is a Verizon FiOS MI WR reconnects disconnects Wireless and constantly internet - A desktop is connected through wire and doesn t Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly experience the problems Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly Here s the problem My wireless internet constantly disconnects and then reconnects right away for seemingly no reason Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly I can t find a pattern sometimes I have no dropouts for hours sometimes it happens every - seconds for a few minutes I have tried the following - Updating drivers for both the router there was none and my wireless network card - Changing router channels to - Changing to static IP and back - Scanning my computer for viruses with Security Essentials and Spybot removing any bad stuff it found - Doing diagnostics through the router doing a ping test to my computer but it just says quot test failed quot and doesn t help me any further None of that helped and the situation remained the same From the tons of stuff I ve read online I know a few things that could be wrong but I m not sure - There s the wireless phones but the dropouts are completely independent from whenever a phone call is being made or received there s no pattern I don t know if that means anything or if it doesn t matter - I am about feet away from the router the signal has to travel from an office through a living room and into another room where my laptop is However the signal strength is described as quot excellent quot full bars - It could also be a problem with my internal network card For the longest time I ve had a problem with my WiFi switch it has become loose and I have to fiddle with it to keep it on since it sometimes moves to the off position But the dropout happens even when I m not touching the computer which could shake it to the off position and when the switch is on I thought about buying an external USB network adapter thing to bypass a possibly broken internal card but I don t know if that would work and if it would end up being a waste of money - Finally my laptop s power connection is semi-broken on the laptop itself It fell about a foot down onto where the power is plugged in which is on the side and whatever holds the cord into the computer became loose resulting in the computer going to battery for a second before coming back to AC power pretty often It usually happens when typing and there s vibration on the computer from it maybe once or twice an hour I read that using the laptop when it s disconnected from power could result in internet fallouts but the power plug has been broken for over a year while the internet problems didn t show up until about months ago So there s my situation Sorry for the long post and thank you if you read it nbsp

A:Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly

when your internet drops out, does the router still have an internet connection, i.e. is the router still getting an IP address from your ISP? since you said that the desktop is hard-wired into the router and doesn't experience this same problem, i'm assuming this is the case. it seems as though the problem lies more in the wireless connection and not the router or your ISP.

you may need to get a wireless expander because that distance seems fairly long.

a new network card or a wireless USB may help matters, but it still seems like a long distance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-disconnects-and-reconnects-constantly.915917/
Relevancy 58.48%

I m constantly getting disconnected on my Comcast Internet It s my primary connection but I do have a VZW BroadbandAccess as a secondary and for when I commute go on the road etc This has always happened but mostly stopped after Internet Comcast Disconnects Solved: Constantly I switched to a - mhz -Way Solved: Comcast Internet Constantly Disconnects splitter about months ago Before that the disconnects would be like every ten days Now it s happening every few hours Sometimes it resolves itself sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect the modem from the cable line powercycling doesn t do it My cable modem is a real pain to get to being at the bottom of a rack in my crawlspace It s on a cheap VA UPS with the router and some switches It always fails on establishing send channels Can tell that from the logs Which I can t seem to access anymore but that s what it always used to be Modem SB ISP Comcast Chicago Router WRT G v on DD-WRT but it doesn t really matter Does the same thing when connected to my RouterBoard but that s not setup the way I want it yet Other Stuff Airport Express as AP Print Server Speakers with DHCP turned off Should I just order a new modem Any recommendations Would a bidir cable amplifier before the splitter help nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

In our office occasionally our NT server (version 4 sp4) stops communicating over the network, the lights go out on the network card and no one can access the server. Then it comes back on again, for no apparent reason.

I thought it might be a hardware fault with the network card but I'm not sure.

Looking in the event viewer all I can find that might relate to this problem is this:

The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_HPTX1 because a master browser was stopped.

It is a HP Netserver E60 PIII500, 128 MB.

Nick

A:NT Server losing network connection

i would replace the network card !!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-server-losing-network-connection.28417/
Relevancy 57.62%

Dear all:
I have an in-house W2K Server OS that has finance application software running on it. Recently a lot of my users are experiencing connection time-out problem when running that finance application's client software on the client machines. All the users can still go on internet and access local file sharing.

Is it a NIC hardware problem or it is a W2K Server DHCP problem? I have users who obtain IP from DHCP as well as fixed IP. Or the bandwidth is not big enough to handle all clients' usage (current 10/100Mbps base for 20 concurrent usage)?

Thank you all... >__<

A:Network Connection Time-Out over Server

If other things work OK for the same users then the problem is not with the NICs or the DHCP.

Maybe the server is under heavy load or the number of simultaneous connections to it is limited? Check the server logs to find out and check the CPU.

When the timeout occurs, can the clients still ping the server? Maybe you hav some faulty cables or networking gear somewhere between the clients and the server?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-time-out-over-server.23882/
Relevancy 57.62%

I've been trying to use my IPv6 as default over IPv4. After manually entering in the IP address into the adapter under IPv6 protocol, it would connect for 5 minutes before disconnecting itself. I would have to constantly redo just to keep the connection up. How can I use my IPv6 without constantly disconnecting, is there something I'm doing wrong?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/392167-ipv6-constantly-disconnects-windows-7-xfinity-comcast.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I've been fighting a gremlin in my desktop. it's an eMachines running Windows 7, Yes a WalMart Special. I am hard wired into a router. That seems fine because I'm online with my netbook writing this. Yesterday, I could get online, sometimes it took awhile because of a DNS Server not responding, at least that's what the computer told me. But now it says I'm not even connected to a network. I am clueless. HELP!!!

A:Solved: First, DNS Server not repsonding, NOW no network connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-first-dns-server-not-repsonding-now-no-network-connection.1114442/
Relevancy 57.19%

I also posted this on Technet but I really need an answer to this It seems that If I can find and install another Nic Card in the Server I will also solve this problem but to have to do this to Servers is not a Server a Not if connection drive map able I to use G5 a to DL380 network HP PTP feasible option So my question is Why am I not able to map a network drive to a new HP DL G Server I work in a mixed network environment and we are testing a new Point to Point Circuit We have many different types of Servers but we mainly use Windows Server as our OS As we began to test this new circuit we have found that we can map network drives to almost any Server except if it is a HP Proliant DL G That Server has a built in HP Embedded NC i Multifunction Gigabit Server Adapter It is a Broadcom chipset Somehow there seems to be a problem with that NIC card It does not seem to be capable of receiving packets when they come from the PTP circuit If you use a regular circuit it works fine Also this card has ports for redundancy We are using the second port for the PTP Testing But this should not matter I contacted HP and they had me update the firmware and the driver for this card The problem still occurs I thought it may be the point to point circuit but then I wonder why can I map drives to any other Servers that are not DL G s they also have port and built in NIC cards Some of them are even Broadcom chipsets Well to my luck HP told me that I will have to pay for additional Network Software support We are connecting each server using the second Nic port via the PTP and they go through Not able to map network drive to a HP DL380 G5 Server if I use a PTP connection a Cisco Switch on each end of the Point to Point So they are still in the Same TCPIP Network and I thought it could be the Cisco Switch or the Fiber but why does it work with any other Servers or NIC cards I can Not able to map network drive to a HP DL380 G5 Server if I use a PTP connection map the drive to the G if I use the DOS command but as soon as try to do the Dir command I get nothing or the drive disconnects But if I go to any other server from the G it works too It only fails when I try to map into the G from any other type of Server If this is a TCPIP problem how does it fail only one way And to add to the puzzle I have all the Nics set to link Speed Full so I am not even using Auto Negotiate What in the TCP IP world could be the problem And Why does HP not admit that it could be something with the built in NIC card of the G s nbsp

A:Not able to map network drive to a HP DL380 G5 Server if I use a PTP connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-able-to-map-network-drive-to-a-hp-dl380-g5-server-if-i-use-a-ptp-connection.628925/
Relevancy 56.76%

hello new to any type of torum like this so sorry if this isn't the right place for this i have a dell inspiron laptop with windows xp home edition version service pack this computer had been used for questionable surfing activities possibly without any antivirus maybe no firewall i haven't been able to get online with this computer for a long long time and recently i've been trying to figure not a but problem? have is network I found, connection winsock server out why over the last couple of days i've probably done a lot more harm than good as i've tried to solve this problem but hopefully it can still be saved in network connections it I have a network connection but server is not found, winsock problem? shows i am connected to a wireless router that works fine as it connects the computer i'm currently on when i try to open a webpage server is not found for firefox and internet explorer just sits there trying to connect when i run windir network diagnostic xpnetdiag exe i kept getting a message that said there was a problem with winsock catalog although after my attempts to fix this now network diagnostics just tells me to contact the company that provides support here's what i've done to make matters worse i've reinstalled service pack no good reason just thought i'd try this i've installed comodo firewall i've installed avast found many trojans and rootkits done boot time scans still found rootkit on the last boot time scan i've installed malware bytes found several trojans i've installed superantispyware found a couple things i've installed spybot found a couple things i've installed ccleaner and privazer just to see if that could somehow help i ran winsockfix exe did i mention i don't know what i'm doing i ran winsockxpfix exe in for a penny in for a pound i followed directions found at support microsoft that had me delete some winsock things from the registry install tcp ip of course this did not work either i don't know what ipconfig exe does but on my computer an internal error occurs and the request is not supported it's also unable to query host name at this point i'm surprised it still turns on on the upside i fixed the cd drive which had stopped working by uninstalling the hardware and then it reinstalled itself when restarted got that idea from bleepingcomputer so i figured i'd ask this question here i feel sorry for the person that decides to help me i'm good with a telescope i know a lot about rocks i can run heavy equipment get a computer online not so much any attempt to help with this is greatly appreciated thanks jb

A:I have a network connection but server is not found, winsock problem?

Hi liquiescapes  On a working computer with a USB flash drive to download and transfer logs and software, Download MiniToolBox and open/run the program.When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply. Download then run Farbar Service Scanner and checkmark all boxes.Click Scan and then a Notepad text will open. Copy-Paste the report on your next reply.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501132/i-have-a-network-connection-but-server-is-not-found-winsock-problem/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I'm bombed by a harmful virus which always slowing down my internet and lots of disconnections. I also redirected to different harmful web pages (some of them are Russian porn sites and dating sites).

I scanned multiple times with Kaspersky Internet Security tools (pro) and Malwarebytes along with Adware Cleaner. They couldn't detect any infections.

Because of this virus I can't use my internet properly. Every other computer and phone at my home can connect to internet with high speed and not a single problem ever.
Here's the link I get redirected to: Meet local singles!

Please help me get rid of this virus, I'm desperate with only one choice of resetting my computer if it doesn't stop..

A:Malware/Virus constantly slows down and disconnects my internet and redirects to harmful webpages

Hello,

They call me TwinHeadedEagle around here, and I'll be working with you.

Before we start please read and note the following:

At the top of your post, please click on the "Watch thread" button and make sure to check Watch this thread...and receive email notifications. This will send an email to you as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing me to solve your problem faster.
Please do not install any new software during the cleaning process other than the tools I provide for you. This can hinder the cleaning process. Please do not perform System Restore or any other restore.
Instructions I give to you are very simple and made for complete beginner to follow. That's why you need to read through my instructions carefully and completely before executing them.
Please do not run any tools other than the ones I ask you to, when I ask you to. Some of these tools can be very dangerous if used improperly. Also, if you use a tool that I have not requested you use, it can cause false positives, thereby delaying the complete cleaning of your machine.

All tools we use here are completely clean and do not contain any malware. If your antivirus detects them as malicious, please disable your antivirus and then continue.
If during the process you run across anything that is not in my instructions, please stop and ask. If any tool is running too much time (few hours), please stop and inform me.
I visit forum several times at day, making sure to respond to everyone's topic as fast as possible. But bear in mind that I have private life like everyone and I cannot be here 24/7. So please be patient with me. Also, some infections require less, and some more time to be removed completely, so bear this in mind and be patient.
Please stay with me until the end of all steps and procedures and I declare your system clean. Just because there is a lack of symptoms does not indicate a clean machine. If you solved your problem yourself, set aside two minutes to let me know.

Please attach all report using button below. Doing this, you make it easier for me to analyze and fix your problem.

Do not ask for help for your business PC. Companies are making revenue via computers, so it is good thing to pay for the repair.
If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.

Rules and policies

We won't support any piracy.
That being told, if any evidence of illegal OS, software, cracks/keygens or any other will be revealed, any further assistance will be suspended. If you are aware that there is this kind of stuff on your machine, remove it before proceeding!
The same applies to any use of P2P software: uTorrent, BitTorrent, Vuze, Kazaa, Ares... We don't provide any help for P2P, except for their removal. All P2P software has to be uninstalled or at least fully disabled before proceeding!

Failure to follow these guidelines will result with closing your topic and withdrawning any assistance.

Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/malware-virus-constantly-slows-down-and-disconnects-my-internet-and-redirects-to-harmful-webpages.54447/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello TwinHeadedEagle,

My web browser (Chrome and IE) also redirect to "Meet Local Singles". I follow your instructions and have 2 files. Please see the attachments. Thank very much for your help

A:Malware/Virus constantly slows down and disconnects my internet and redirects to harmful webpages

Task: {069C68BA-AD06-4E87-8E5E-F3C43AC230FC} - System32\Tasks\AutoKMS => C:\Windows\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe

This topic will now be closed due to evidence of cracked or pirated software on this system.

Piracy Policy

Should you think that is not the case, please send me a private message.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/malware-virus-constantly-slows-down-and-disconnects-my-internet-and-redirects-to-harmful-webpages.54556/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi! I have a wired Ethernet connection between a PC and a Mac (is that the issue?), and when locally hosted servers (on PC) are hosted, I get issues, but mainly issues binding to ports. Is the issue that I am not using a router or something like that?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47561-bind-server-port-private-network-connection-no-router.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello For the last month I've been having problems with my computer The main symptomsare - internet connection disconnects every - hours sometimes shorter longer - the download rate dropped from to on a regular basis - the computer gets slow sometimes more than usual and acts weird I've checked the matter with the internet cables and the modem providers - everything is fine and I believe that there's a malicious Trojan inside my computer The thing is that I'm quite an expert and I HAVE tried EVERYTHING on my own but NOTHING works I've tried the steps you recommended I've scanned online with every recommended virus Connection Droped Half, Trojan/spyware Speed - By Plus Unknown Disconnects Connection scanner available I got the AVG anti virus amp anti spyware firewall I scanned witheverything possible They all found minor things but nothing serious Spy Catcher was the onethat catched many things actually I've done many scans in either Normal or Safe modes andnow the results are showing that it's all cleaned However - the problem is still there I hope you can help me with the following Hijackthis log Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware file If nothing helps I guess the next step will be probably just to format and reinstall windows something that happens on a rather regular basis on my computer I'd appreciate any useful comment Thanks Liaf HERE'S MY LOG FILE Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunThreatEngine exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgfwsrv exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer SunProtectionServer exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunserver exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files SpyCatcher Scheduler daemon exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exeE BitLord BitLord exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgwa datC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www live com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - A C D- CED- A - D-DAE A FD - no file O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run ASM quot C Program Files AOL Active Security Monitor ASMonitor exe quot HIDEMAINO - HKLM Run SunServer C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunserver exeO - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hideO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Pr... Read more

A:Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware

Hi again,

Please reply asap, even if you don't know what it is - I need to know if it's something
that can't be fixed so that I'll reinstall windows.
HELP!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75349/connection-speed-droped-by-half-plus-connection-disconnects-unknown-trojanspyware/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi All,

Its critical for me to get some solution to this problem that has all of a sudden popped up.

We have a windows server 2003 machine running some server applications. After some time it stops connecting to any other machine on network. Web browser does not open page hosted over intranet, ODBC links to DBs on other machine stop connecting, remote desktop windows to other computers on network do not open, etc. However, it keeps pinging other machines.

Although, from some other machine, I can open remote desktop window to this server. I suspect the server reaches a point where it cannot open any more connections (maximum sockets opened?). After giving a restart, the server works fine (for a while!)

Can anybody help me with this? Server is hosting an application at client-site which is in production. Can't afford any downtime. Any help/suggestion will be highly praised.

Regards
Adnan

A:Windows server 2003 stopping to establish connection to any other machine on network

have you checked DNS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-stopping-to-establish-connection-to-any-other-machine-on-network.773236/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi! I have a winXP running a program that uses sql database from server. By the way, the problem should not be program related. The connection works just fine a while, but after five minutes or so, i get an error message that connection to database was lost. After this I'm unable to reconnect.

Any suggestions as to what I should look out for in either WinXp's settings or server's settings (winxp is pro version and sql server is running on windows 2000 server)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sql-server-disconnects-win-xp.200520/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have Outlook 2003 configured to retrieve my mail from AOL. I've been getting various frequent error messages which say things like "Unable to connect to the server" and "a timeout occured while communicating with imap.aol.com" and "Outlook is not responding". It comes and goes a lot, but naturally it always seems to be disconnected when I need the mail the most.
Where do I start?

A:Server Disconnects In Outlook

shawnvw,Time out's with servers usually means that a setting has changed for whatever reason or is incorrect. You might want to review the information at this link. That may help. If not, please post back with your exact error messages and settings and we will try to help.Be (IMAP) SafeDa Bleepin AniMod, Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43510/server-disconnects-in-outlook/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey for the ongoing week I been gaming, as usual and I keep getting these events in the log

Name resolution for the name launcher.worldofwarcraft.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

And of course other programs as well

Lost internet, I have to flush my dns and do a ipocnfig release and renew before it works again.

Can I get a resolution?
it does this 3+ times a day, even reset my router, still no good.

Using roadrunner

A:Constant DNS Server disconnects?

Can you please run the tools below on the machine with the issues as admin please. Please download FarbarServiceScanner and run it on the computer with the issue. Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows Update Press "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please COPY AND PASTE the log to your reply. Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it. Checkmark following boxes: Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Devices (problems only) Click Go and copy AND PASTE the result.Download Adware Cleaner run it as admin Click the delete button allow it to run and post the log it creates.http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465755/constant-dns-server-disconnects/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm having an odd problem with my router giving frequent kicks off of game servers and server-supported software (like Ventrilo or Teamspeak), along with pages not loading all the way or videos not loading fully. This happens frequently, like every 30 minutes or so, but for some reason peer-to-peer supported services (like Skype) and games (like Modern Warfare 2) don't suffer from this and I stay connected on there whenever the problem occurs. Anyone have any clue what is happening? I'll find and post info if needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-server-disconnects-issue.923215/
Relevancy 52.89%

My office computer runs Windows XP Professional SP see below and I m connected to our new server running Server Essentials For Server from XP Disconnects Windows 2012 the last month or so at every afternoon my Windows XP Disconnects from Server 2012 computer loses its connection to the server I have two programs that access the server and both give me error messages and freeze and I need to restart Windows XP Disconnects from Server 2012 to get back to normal I don t pay much attention to my clock so I m typically on the phone with a customer trying to accomplish something when my system has a meltdown The same error messages come up each time The Security System detected an attempted downgrade attack for server cifs DELLSERVER The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was quot There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request xc e quot The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server cifs DELLSERVER No authentication protocol was available According to the error logs this happens in the evenings and early mornings too although not every day When it does happen during non-work hours it looks like it s consistently an hour apart AM AM AM etc or PM PM PM The error will show up or times in a row then everything will work fine for several hours I do not have any idea where to start to fix this To my knowledge I m the only one with this issue so I m pretty sure it s a problem specific to my machine As always thanks for your help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon Xpress Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc MH Antivirus Symantec Endpoint Protection Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-disconnects-from-server-2012.1096497/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone This is my first actually second post not counting introduction post on the forum so please don t shout at me I have a question I haven t found answer on the whole internet I have a Windows Server machine and a software which uses USB key to validate the software legality in the network The thing is the USB key disconnects every once in a while every few days and the software pops up a message quot Key validation error quot I check the server and the key is Server Windows USB 2003 itself? disconnects turned off When I reset the machine everything is back normal but in next few days the same situation happens Many people use the software and when the USB key goes down they cannot work I contacted USB key Windows 2003 Server USB disconnects itself? vendor and they never had issue like that Anybody knows any of the questions What could be the reason for such behavior How to fix it permanently How to make a periodical once a day USB port reset turn off and back on Thanks in advance Benio nbsp

A:Windows 2003 Server USB disconnects itself?

You might want to go into your Device manager and right click on the USB key, and check for any "Power Saving options". Your server might be telling it to shut off after so long.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2003-server-usb-disconnects-itself.71517/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a server 2003 r2 machine connected on a LAN.

the server is used for data storage and the local workstations use the data on mapped drives.

When the server is connected to the internet ... all of the workstations on the lan partially lose the internet.

When i ping google while the server is connected to the internet I get 50% to 75% loss.

When I disable the LAN adapter on sevrer- alll the workstations on lan have 0% loss.
When I enable lan adapter on server and configure tcpip and for primary dns i enter 1.1.1.1
I still get 0% loss

when I enter 8.8.8.8 for primary dns the problem persists/

It kind of sounds like a virus on server causing very heavy traffic?
trojan virus?

if so which software can I use to remove the virus.

Im using symantec AV on the server.

A:Solved: internet disconnects when server is connected

Might be completely wrong but would installing a switch help? Are you using a switch or a hub to connect your server/workstations together?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-disconnects-when-server-is-connected.1067799/
Relevancy 52.46%

HELLO!
Is there a way to increase the streaming cache/time/size (whatever) for port 4000 that I use with my DLNA server or, for EVERYTHING on said machine? It is a storage box
only with DLNA, FTPD, and all drives shared for the house to access with TVs or PCs etc.. Although, only the DLNA is timing out on me after like 3hours or so.

I have searched the Mediamonkey forums etc.. to No-Avail. Gotta be a setting somewhere?
Thanks in advance..
Leda

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7d15cad2-36ca-4bd5-ac2f-ef4f3b05b29e/help-win-7-ult-x64-wdlna-server-it-disconnects-streaming-movies-to-tv-after-a-while?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey there,

I recently built a new PC and installed windows 10 as my operating system (some what regretting it at this moment) and i have installed a game called Archeage that worked just fine on windows 7 with no connection issues what so ever. Now with windows 10 as i try to select a server i get disconnected right away with maybe a 1/100 chance of actually connecting to the server.

Is there something i have to configure with windows 10 to allow me to connect to game servers because i find i have a similar issue with Black Ops 3 in terms of connecting to the server.

This is quite frustrating for me and any help in this would be appreciated..

Thanks,
Rhodric

A:Archeage - Disconnects every time i select a server

Trionworlds posted this a while ago regarding Windows 10 compatibility Windows 10 - Our Current Status!!

and also posted this link if you have any Windows 10 Woes.
Trion Worlds Support Center

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/30316-archeage-disconnects-every-time-i-select-server.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My net keeps disconnecting even though my Cable Modem shows no issues all lights are go I run Diagnose and repair and it keeps saying its having issues connecting to the primary DNS server or no network connection I restart or let the prompt quot fix quot the issue I checked and Solved: diagnostics server) Disconnects ( Random DNS suggest everything on the modem and pc is set to automatic I have had this random disconnect issue for sometime now the Tech guys from the Cable company always have some sort of excuse to NOT check the wires and say that from their trucks they Solved: Random Disconnects ( diagnostics suggest DNS server) can see that my net is up and running constant with no interruptions The last guys said that I needed a new router It just had to be the router I had a Linksys WRT G It was about years old so I did go and get another one about a week ago Linksys WRT G Same problem though I run xbox s one direct connect to the router and one wireless also a Blackberry curve If I cant connect through wifi I get poop for signal and wireless laptops Funny enough that even with a G router I don t Solved: Random Disconnects ( diagnostics suggest DNS server) have to many issues with speed or connectivity I tried a Linksys N router a while back but had major issues connecting and stayed on the phone for what seemed like hours with customer service trying to fix things didn t work So I plugged the old one back in From there it was just a race for whoever got on first got the strongest signal for playing Modern Warfare Had NAT issues I believe It doesn t matter if its just me here and on the PC or me and my idiot on both xbox s and both pc s disconnects just the same I have done the necessary restart and rebooting of both the surfboard and router Some days or even for days on end things run fine but then it starts I am so confused as to what to do here Like right now I m on but the question is for how long If anyone is good with Blackberry Curves that would help because even when things are working right it still refuses to connect via wifi it says its connected and picks up my router but its not actually showing being connected when its connected it shows pink signal bars and said IMA or something like that nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

hi I added a new workstation OS WinXP Pro on our office network we are using a Linksys port switch hub and a WIndows NT Server the Newly server. from the disconnects connected workstation rest I usually never had a problem adding a new PC in the network win winME or WinXp operating systems not until yesterday This is the scenario Whenever I plug in the ethernet cable of the said Newly connected workstation disconnects the rest from the server. new workstation at the hub the rest of the old workstation connected to server gets cut off disconnected on the network My officemates unable to access the servers mapped drive drive F G etc plus the fact when they tried to restart the computer and try to log on it says something like Newly connected workstation disconnects the rest from the server. quot no domain server or wrong password quot But if i unplugged the new workstations ethernet cable everything s goes back to normal This is new to me and this is strange Because just recently I added a workstation using XP and never I did experience that occurences The office LAN has a domain workgroup and using also NETBEUI which is manually installed on the XP Pro CD What causes this problem please help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

My Verizon wireless cellular air-card G hotspot modem router jet pack l constantly times out or only partially loads pages while browsing the internet Or I drops constantly connection Verizon connection Wireless get an error that the quot server not found quot This had happened ever since I got a new PC with Windows I have reset the modem reseated the SIM card checked for new soft ware and firmware none at this time I have updated my network adapter driver Checked for a hidden Microsoft mini adapter none there Checked Microsoft s support forums for compatibility issues Nothing has helped What else can I do Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G HR Antivirus Norton Updated and Verizon Wireless connection constantly drops connection Enabled Windows IP Configuration Host Name Peggy-XPS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DW n WLAN PCIe Card Physical Address C -CB- - - -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f ee cea e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -E - - B- B-B -FD- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C CE C -F D- E C-BFA - E D A F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Verizon Wireless connection constantly drops connection Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c bf e c b c be Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe bf e c b c be Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

i have a bufflo router whr-G300N that i bought atleast 2 yrs ago maybe longer. it was working fine until i had a dns error a couple of weeks ago. I dont have that error anymore but now im geting disconted from my ps3,3ds an other systems how can i fix this problem. also how can i get the WEP setting back right now im on the WPA-PSK setting which is not working to well. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wifi-connection-disconnects.1006821/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a desktop in the basement of my house and we use a wireless internet connection. It worked fine forever, but then one night the power went out and now it disconnects all the time. I have no idea about computers what so ever. I know we have a modem that connects to a router and then theres little thing by the computer with 2 lights on it and when the lights go out the internet shuts off, it says d-link on that thing. And the computer is a dell. But I have no clue where to begin so if someone could give me some advice in like baby computer talk that'd be greatly appriciated

Relevancy 50.74%

I m on an HP Pavilion laptop and access the internet using a Linksys wireless router Once a day the connection disconnects for about minutes or until I reboot my router Also using the same router at a friend s home a three-floor house I m able to connect Wireless connection disconnects to the router from the ground floor but it disconnects regularly My friend who s on a Dell Inspiron never gets isconnected I ve provided my HiJack this log in case there s anything apparent that can be seen Also if there are any ther problems with my og I d appreciate having them pointed out to me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft Wireless connection disconnects AVGFRE avgamsvr exe Wireless connection disconnects C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System Fast exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system ssoftsrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Tablet exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS NCLAUNCH EXe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME ERA LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Tweak UI RUNDLL EXE TWEAKUI CPL TweakMeUp O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe tray O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run BootSkin Startup Jobs quot C PROGRA Stardock WINCUS BootSkin BootSkin exe quot StartupJobs O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run NCLaunch C WINDOWS NCLAUNCH EXe O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Global Startup TabUserW exe lnk C WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - ... Read more

A:Wireless connection disconnects

I do not see anything that sticks out from the HiJackThis log.

I see this problem often. There seems to be many causes for this. I know that often Linksys routers will overheat--my advice is to make sure it isn't on top of your modem or anything that might provide excess heat.

Further, I would be most interested in the wireless network card. Have you made sure you have updates for it?

Also, have you tried running something like an streaming-audio player (i.e., iTunes) on some internet radio show to see if it keeps the connection active. Another idea would (if you have a Wireless G [WRT54G] router) be to turn on the logging feature to see when the connection drops and why.

Most likely, it will be something with the network card. But, there are other settings on those Linksys routers (like Beacon Interval) that can be modified to get it to work...

HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-disconnects.394392/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am running Vista on my new HP tablet. For some unknown reason it disconnects about 3-4 times a day. Then informs me there are "no wireless connections available". I have to reboot for it to find the connection again. Seems to be worse when using Skype. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wi-fi-connection-disconnects-for-no-reason.650653/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I am having a problem that when I connect to a VPN for work it disconnects my internet connection and I need to reboot the machine to the internet back again. I have tired to create a new VPN but the same thing happens, anyone out there that can help

A:VPN disconnects internet connection

You should probably contact helpdesk at work and get them to check your settings first. VPN connections are relatively complex, especially if you're using a non-default VPN client (something not built into Vista by default).

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/220214-vpn-disconnects-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have three computers in the same network.
One with wired ethernet, (notebook) with 802.11g, desktop with 802.11g. I have a WRT54G linksys router.
The laptop seems to "forget" its settings, and i have to reset, renew, and enable etc..... each time it starts up. It is running windows ME. Recently, both PCs on the WLAN reported "Not able to associate with access point". I did a hard reset on the cable modem and router. The laptop reported "connected to access point, but internet access could not be found", but the internet did work. On the other PC, i noticed that the laptop would only work if the PC had an automatically configured IP address. Now, finally after a lot of guesswork, and a lot of time, both PCs work. But I am sure after I restart the laptop, it will lose connection again...
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

So i recently got Dell XPS 9530 with windows 8.1. The problem is that whenever I plug in my Android device (I have tried Sony Xperia, HTC One M8, Samsung S6) it keeps disconnecting. The problem exist with BlackBerry Classic, Passport and even Z10.

The problem persists even with harddisks though the connection drop doesn't happen that frequently but it happens.

I have tried updating my drivers, different cables and what not, but the connection isn't consistent. I have got my laptop's motherboard replaced twice, got my laptop replaced once and the problem is still there.

Anyways, If you guys have any thoughts or been there done that then let me know.

Appreciate your help.

A:USB connection continuously disconnects

Welcome to TSF!

Does the disconnect happen even when the devices are plugged directly into a laptop USB port?

Does the same problem occur when running in Safe mode?

What about in Safe mode with networking?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/usb-connection-continuously-disconnects-1002114.html
Relevancy 50.74%

This has been going on for about a year now. I have no trouble connecting to my wireless internet at home, but when i do, my housemates all get booted and have to sign back on. Wouldn't be a big deal if they weren't so into Warcraft.

John

Relevancy 50.31%

I've just successful LAN RDP Wireless connection after disconnects seen a few threads about similar problems but nothing precisely the same and nothing I've found solves my issue I've got a laptop Toshiba Satellite running Windows Wireless LAN disconnects just after successful RDP connection Professional -bit I'm trying to connect to the laptop from another machine via RDP but the connection dies every time This is what happens I log into the laptop which then connects to the wireless network I initiate the RDP connection from the other machine The connection is successfully made I see the quot Welcome quot window then the Wireless LAN disconnects just after successful RDP connection RDP screen goes black At the same time just as the screen goes back on the RDP client the screen on my laptop locks goes back to the login screen and the network monitor icon quot Toshiba Wireless LAN Indicator quot shows that the wireless connection is down - no network connection available After a few seconds to I get a message on the client that the connection couldn't be made From this I'm gathering that my firewall is set up to allow incoming connections properly I also verified this manually and I can see that the initial connection is being made My best guess is that the wireless connection is being killed when the RDP session is started Is there a way to prevent the network connection from being reset or whatever's happening when connecting via RDP I've noticed that my laptop doesn't connect to wifi until after I've logged in Is this the likely culprit If so is there a way to change this so the computer will connect to the wireless network before I've actually logged in For what it's worth I get the same behavior regardless of the client machine being used Win Enterprise Win Home Premium Linux etc Any help would be greatly appreciated -Peter

A:Wireless LAN disconnects just after successful RDP connection

Murphy's Law is alive and well. Not even an hour after posting this thread I found the answer myself. The issue was that my network connection was set to be available to myself only. Apparently this is the default setting, so I deleted and manually recreated the network connection so it's now available to all users and my RDP connection is just fine!

To give credit where credit is due, here's where I found the answer:

Wireless before Login

Hopefully this will help someone else in the future.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251201-wireless-lan-disconnects-just-after-successful-rdp-connection.html
Relevancy 50.31%

This may be the same issue as "Unable to browse websites, but can still ping." My laptop is new (Vaio - Windows Vista Home Premium) with nothing extra installed on it yet. If I connect to our linksys wirelessly I can then browse for a while, but ultimatly web pages will stop loading (or refreshing). "A while" can be anywhere from 10 minutes to 3 hours. When the "lockup" occurs the diagnostics cant find anything particularly wrong. Everything looks normal in the "Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network and Sharing Center." If I wait in this state long enough the router <-> internet link eventually "breaks." Either way (wait or not) if I disconnect and reconnect to the network I am up and running again ... for 10 minutes to 3 hours. Reconnecting once per evening is a minor irritation. Every 10 minutes is unusable.

Any thoughs

A:wireless connection (sort of) disconnects

This might be out on a limb here....need to know a little more about your network configuration. My initial suggestion would be to connect your pc with a cable to the router and perform windows updates. Originally I've found network related issues with Vista and after a few updates the problems were resolved.
And I'm sorry...I don't run a vista machine...I've worked on plenty...but I couldn't tell you from the top of my head where the windows update feature is located...maybe start icon...all programs still...
But try the updates and repost with your network configuration...it would be helpful...
Numer of PC's
Internet Provider
Router Model

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-sort-of-disconnects.842755/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Dell Latitude D running on Windows XP I generally use Intel ProSet Wirless but I have also tried to use the basic internet management which Windows provides and it doesn t seem to be doing any good My internet repeatedly disconnects and reconnects Having divorced parents I switch between houses Wireless Connection Repeatedly Disconnects on a regular basis and the problem is exactly the same at both houses If I move my computer it s a laptop a foot or so out of place it usually reconnects but occasionally that is not the case In one house I use my computer directly below where the linksys box is located in the other it s just across the hall Regardless of where in the house I am located though even right next to the linksys box the internet continues to disconnect It will occasionally disconnect for twenty or thirty minutes at a time either being unable to connect to the network for more than few seconds or simply not quot seeing quot the network Other computers in the house work totally fine be they desktop or laptop and I am entirely at a loss for what to do I have tired restarting my computer multiple times this problem has been going on for Wireless Connection Repeatedly Disconnects about two weeks and I ve tired disconnecting both the linksys and the Comcast boxes If anyone has input it d be great I m getting terribly fed up nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

I am having a big problem with my internet connection. I connect to the internet through a VPN connection to my university. However, each time I see a video on youtube (or elsewhere), listen streamed music or even talk using Skype, my internet connection disconnects immediately.

I have had this problem with Windows Vista, and now that I have installed Windows 7 the problem is still the same.

So for every kind of streaming my internet connection (through VPN) almost immediately disconnects.

Any hints about this ?

Thanks

A:Internet Connection disconnects when streaming (VPN)

did you contact your university help desk? Its possible they have it set to only allow certain types of traffic to pass. Another thing is dropped packets. If you drop too many packet its possible the vpn will drop and since streaming might be using potentially large amounts of bandwidth...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-disconnects-when-streaming-vpn.916340/
Relevancy 50.31%

PC, DSL broadband connection disconnects only when I shut down the pc. I have to go to Network & Sharing, change adapter settings with each start up. And yes, there is a little circle with a green check mark in it. WAN Minipost (PPOE)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-disconnects-when-shut-down.1002639/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Since i have my computer years i had a problem with shared directories we have more computers at home that are working on a WLAN and only i have a problem with accessing directories connection suddenly Wireless disconnects I called up one of my friends who was told to be a Wireless connection suddenly disconnects network technician but after he tried to do something he couldn t help and the problem remained as it was but after he left the connection keeps randomaly disconnect and it is very annoying I asked him to redo his actions but he said that he doesn t remember what he did so i am asking here for help The sharing is the minor problem the disconnection is the main problem which i would Wireless connection suddenly disconnects like to solve first I have WIN XP and i use a com router I have to say that before he tried to fix my problem i had always a RaLink Wireless icon at the bottom right corner system tray and after he did whatever he did it is not there anymore Please help i am here to answer any question that you need to help me Thank you Eyal nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Basically I've been having some issues with my internet connection, which strangely seem to occur when I'm viewing YouTube videos.

Each time I watch a video it works fine for a few minutes, then suddenly my internet connection drops. The status on my laptop still says "Connected" but I'm unable to load any pages, on any browser. The only way I'm able to get my internet connection back is to restart the computer.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU T3000 @ 1.80GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2999 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1308 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 228472 MB, Free - 148529 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, JV50_MV
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2013, Updated and Enabled

A:YouTube disconnects my Internet Connection

Run ths dns benchmark tool.
https://namebench.googlecode.com/files/namebench-1.3.1-Windows.exe

Untick ipv6
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9728869

Remove tunnel adapters from your machine.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9728872

Remove AVG
http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities

Install Avast.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/

Disable un needed start up items then reboot.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/startuplite/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/youtube-disconnects-my-internet-connection.1099259/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi everyone i ve called my cable cable disconnect aol too from my i disconnects connection if provider and if i disconnect from aol my cable connection disconnects too aol and they have been no help so you all are my only hope and i humbly ask for your help i ve had cable internet for about a year used in conjunction with aol vr with no problem able to pop on amp off aol whenever and it never interfered with my open internet explorer sessions or downloads recently i realized that if i sign off aol while i ve been externally downloading a file the download cuts off pages are loading blank a lot and when i mouse over the connectivity icon down by my system clock in the past there s only ever been one connection there now there are two if i disconnect from aol my cable connection disconnects too and sometimes there is the caution symbol the yellow triangle with exclamation point and they are titled quot network quot and that one is a private network and the second is titled quot the internet quot with a number next to it that goes up each time i sign on to aol like quot the internet quot and next time quot the internet quot and this one is a public network the number is up to right now and i m thinking with my luck it s some kind of virus that d k o my computer when it gets to a certain number i don t know if it makes any difference but i wanted to mention i do have an older version of aol and that version is also keeping its own respective number count i dont know if this means anything but i found my way into the network and sharing center and from there i clicked on quot view status quot for the suspect quot the internet quot connection and then clicked quot properties quot and it did show a red x next to quot removed wan miniport atw irda - quot if that matters at all at first i thought it was a virus malware and or like someone was hacking my connection - and avg said i had a trojan but i ve since run several scanners including avast avira malwarebytes and combofix and i ve had a thread open in the malware section but so far we can t find any further evidence of a virus i ve wracked my brain and i think this may have started after i took my laptop on a trip with me and had to connect over someone else s network i called my cable provider and the man on the phone talked to me like i was silly for thinking it could be a problem with the settings and told me to call aol i called aol and the man told me to clear my computer s cookies - and that s it then he says - ta-dahhhhh that there could be a problem with my settings i wanted to talk to people who know about this and not go and mess with things i m sorry i wrote so much thank you to anyone who read through this i hope someone can help me and i m so grateful for the people who give of their time and of themselves to help others like me on this site thank you so much xoxo princi nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Dell Dimension 8300 that's about 6 years old and recently I have been experiencing a problem where my internet connection will randomly disconnect. It almost always can be brought back by unplugging and reconnecting the ethernet cable in the back of my computer, or by unplugging it from the wall and reconnecting it. (Since my computer is on the second floor and the router and the modem are on the 1st floor, we run the cable from the router through the wall and to the 2nd floor). It also can be resolved by resetting the modem and router.

Anyway, I have had this problem a few times before, but they seemed to just go away, but it has resurfaced once again. Does anybody have any ideas of what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 50.31%

I have Vista home premium on my desktop PC and connect to a D-Link DSL-G604T modem router using a Linksys wireless-g PCI adapter. Some of the time, the PC will connect to the network but if it does, it usually drops out after 5 minutes and then I can't connect again. I get many different error messages each time:

Your modem or router is not available
Cannot communicate with DNS server (10.1.1.1)
There might be a problem with one or more network adapters on this computer
Windows has confirmed that this computer is currently experiencing a network connectivity problem
Connection Interupted
There has been an IP address conflict

My laptop can connect to to the modem fine and doesn't drop out when connected and there connection strength is very good from my desktop when it is connected.

Thanks in advance,
Kieren

A:Wireless connection on desktop PC always disconnects

Hello kieren1992,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

I would suggest you re-install the driver for your wireless adapter.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/277902-wireless-connection-desktop-pc-always-disconnects.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Long time with this issue and very frustrated My laptop is a Dell XPS running Windows -bit I just upgraded from Windows hoping that would solve my issue but it did not I even re-imaged my PC and the issue remained so I think it must be hardware related right My problem is that my ethernet connection via the USB gigabit adapter randomly disconnects The only way to re-establish the connection is to reboot When Ethernet 3.0 disconnects connection USB on randomly I reboot it takes about minutes before my login screen appears and I can get back to work I have worked with Dell Premium support and they have not been able to find the cause I have updated all my drivers multiple times I have tried adapters with different chip sets and the issue remains I have tried disconnecting my USB Ethernet connection on USB 3.0 randomly disconnects devices and only use the ethernet adapter and the issue remains I have tried disabling suspecting plug-ins and add-ins and can't find anything that resolves the issue I have tried using the event log to trace what may be happening and can't find anything useful I'm not totally clear on what to look for however Can anyone offer some guidance on how to troubleshoot this issue more effectively

A:Ethernet connection on USB 3.0 randomly disconnects

Have you changed the Ethernet cable and/or used a different Jack/Port to the switch or router?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44374-ethernet-connection-usb-3-0-randomly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 50.31%

The last few weeks, if I am reading an article on yahoo that takes longer than two minutes, or click to read e-mail, then try to click back to Yahoo, or any of my favorites, the computer takes no action after it says "connecting to whatever" and locks up. Trying to go elsewhere, nothing will appear on the page but the "connecting to" at the bottom. Usually a restart is the only thing that will get it functioning again.Before this started, I made the mistake of trying IE 8. It slowed the computer to a crawl, so I removed it using Revo, and reinstalled the previous one, which seems to work except for this disconnect.
Windows home premium
Gateway gt 5438 computer
Intel Core Duo process E4300
Memory Dual channel 2048 MB DDR2
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks,
Nosmiley

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233567/internet-connection-locks-up-or-disconnects/
Relevancy 50.31%

I own a notebook.
i have this problem that my wifi connection just disconnects shows a small X on the down right side.
just like that randomly.
and it wont reconnect, only when i restart my computer it works again.
it happens like 10 minutes after i boot my PC.
what can i do to prevent it ?
tried formatting already

A:Wi-Fi connection just randomly disconnects on my netbook

Try changing Wi-Fi channel on your router homepage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200842-wi-fi-connection-just-randomly-disconnects-my-netbook.html
Relevancy 50.31%

This only started about 2 weeks ago- my internet connection used to be very fast. It is wireless and shares with 2 other computers. I noticed this when it started taking about 5 minutes for me to connect to Starcraft 2 and then when the internet would have to reconnect to my network. What could all of a sudden cause my internet to be so slow?

Relevancy 50.31%

Whenever I attempt to download anything to my laptop i e software patches ipod updates music YouTube videos other types of videos etc my wireless connection disconnects Eventually my computer will reconnect to the internet I ve successfully downloaded those same things to my other laptop and to my ipod I m sorry that this description is not that detailed but I m not really sure what is going on TIA DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Disconnects Connection Wireless Unintentionally Run by Anthony at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Wireless Connection Disconnects Unintentionally - Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system S EvMon exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system XConfig exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center BkBackupScheduler exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center Bkapcs exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS system RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center connect exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinSetup exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by MSN amp Bing uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO d e b - ce- b-be b-a b e - c progra search SEARCH DLL BHO - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll TB F BE - C B- - C-CDCB CD A - No File TB AIM Search d a b-d b- d - a - ee f c - c program files aim toolbar AIMBar dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File EB amp Discuss bdeade f-c - d -bced- a c ab f - shdocvw dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings anthony local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c mRun PCTVOICE pctspk exe mRun Apoint c program files apoint Apoint exe mRun DVDSentry c windows system DSentry exe mRun AdaptecDirectCD quot c program files roxio easy cd creator directcd DirectCD exe quot mRun DwlClient c program files common files dell eusw Support exe mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE mRun Dell QuickSet c program files dell quickset Quickset exe mRun ZCfgSvc exe c windows system ZCfgSvc exe mRun PRONoMgr exe c program files intel ncs proset PRONoMgr exe mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun MSKDetectorExe c program files mcafee spamkiller MSKDetct exe uninstall mRun InstaLAN quot c program files belkin router setup and monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe quot startup mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelp... Read more

A:Wireless Connection Disconnects Unintentionally

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:Link 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopDisable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
Some Rookit infection may damage your boot sector. The Windows Recovery Console may be needed to restore it. Do not bypass this installation. You may regret it.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protection programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDo not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please post the logs and let me know if the problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423393/wireless-connection-disconnects-unintentionally/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all I have a D-Link g t modem router computers are hooked Network 4 disconnects about hrs after up PC s have windows has vista All PC s are mid range gaming PC s Quad Core processors gig ram reasonable video cards The network has been working well for about a year days ago I starting getting disconnected about every hrs Hard to tell exactly If I leave the network on for more than hrs by itself when I come back all PC s are offline and they cannot reconnect Occasionally I am online when it disconnects Network disconnects after about 4 hrs I have to unplug the router plug back in restart PC s then off we go So far I have replaced the router with one from work same model works well at work does not fix the problem at home I have restored the router to default with help from good d-link hr customer support Network disconnects after about 4 hrs I have replaced the filter splitter gizmo Telstra My ISP and the telephone line provider say everything at there end is fine Dunno what to try next nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I run a small workgroup and have one PC that persistently cannot be accessed or even viewed on the running network. Eventually I tracked the problem down to non-running Workstation and Server services on that PC. If I manually set the startup mode to Automatic and start these services on the PC, then all is well; but on the next reboot, they are stopped again. Also, trying to manually start the Firewall/ICS service gives an "error 5: Access denied" - although the account is an administrator account. Have scanned for virus and spyware, all OK. Any ideas?

A:PC disconnects itself from the network!

Let's give this a try, can't hurt.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-disconnects-itself-from-the-network.572187/
Relevancy 49.88%

Crazy problem here. I have set up three new Dell computers with Win XP Pro to connect online to Win2K Server. Everything hooks up and works great until I reboot the machine. When this occurs, nothing connects back to the network. I can ping ok etc but the mapped drives never come back up. I have spent an entire day trying to get this one cleared up but to no avail. I can ping the server, the gateway etc and have great internet access and email access. Just can't see the server.
Any suggestions appreciated.

A:Network Disconnects

dyoung said:

Crazy problem here. I have set up three new Dell computers with Win XP Pro to connect online to Win2K Server. Everything hooks up and works great until I reboot the machine. When this occurs, nothing connects back to the network. I can ping ok etc but the mapped drives never come back up. I have spent an entire day trying to get this one cleared up but to no avail. I can ping the server, the gateway etc and have great internet access and email access. Just can't see the server.
Any suggestions appreciated.Click to expand...

By the way on the Network Disconnects problem. I also have 15 Win2K machines running without a flaw. Just had to add a few new computers to the network.

Again tks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-disconnects.398827/
Relevancy 49.88%

my internet connection keeps going off and I have phoned my service provider to trouble shoot but it keeps on happening intermittantly. I have restarted my computer and then it goes back online. It is connected to a modem. He mentioned to me that it maybe that my network card may be not working properly,but our computer is only 7 months old.

Thank you

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have a Belkin G MIMO Router F D - connected to a Linksys AM Was suppose to Connection Solved: Frequently Internet Disconnects buy a Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects G MIMO with built in modem My ISP is TalkTalk Broadband Meg The router connects PCs on network Basically everyone loses connection frequently and they are starting to get annoyed All the PCs do not uses Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects static IP addresses Im not very good at Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects setting up routers and modems correctly and would like some help These are the reasosn I believe im gettign disconnected frequently Power Supply - Original power supply will not work worked once then all lights went off Using a Multi-Volt adaptor on the Belkin router output reads V A The multi-volt adaptor is selected at V which is the minimum and says this is A max is this incorrect and can it cause the dilemma im having All the lights are on and blink stay solid as they should Mixed Cards - Although the router is MIMO computer has a G card computers have a G card and the other computer uses an ethernet cable The ethernet card is built in and is Mbps Am thinking of upgrading so all are G and the same cards Have been told its bad to mix cards Bad Setup - I currently have the router set at PPPoE and same with the modem However I have other setups and am not sure I have the correct one Isn t bridge mode what I need The router s setups are Dynamic Static PPPoE PPTP and Telstra BigPond The modem s setups are PPPoE PPPoE Bridged Mode Half Bridge Not sure which one to use and how to configure correctly Modulation Type - I have been told the higher the speed the lower the stabilty I currently have the speed set at the highest so im not sure if this is the reason The types are ITU G G DMT ITU G G Lite ITU G G DMT bis ITU G ADSL my current one Static IPs - Are static IPs more stable and overall better or no difference All my IPs are automatically and sometimes i recieve the error IP conflict on the ethernet PC These are my thoughts on what the problem could be Any help is much appreicated Thanks for looking nbsp

A:Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects

1. Personally I wouldn't operate any electronic device, certainly not a new one, without the proper power supply. Surely there is a long enough warranty to get that power supply replaced.

2. Try just using standard 802.11g until you get the problems ironed out. Then you can introduce MIMO and see if it improves or hurts.

3. If the AM200 modem/router is operating as a modem and router then the Belkin should be connecting with a dynamic connection. If the AM200 is bridged or whatever the term is to say that it is acting as a modem only then the Belkin router's connection must be whatever your ISP requires.

4. Don't know.

5. No difference, except that dynamic (automatic) are far more convenient.

Beyond the first 3 items you've identified (which you should take care of first), sometimes a router firmware upgrade and then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure will help disconnect problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-frequently-disconnects.732590/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have set up my personal laptop Macbook on a crossover connection with my laptop at work Windows XP My work laptop is connected to the company s network which doesn t allow personal computers to be connected to Since the work laptop s internal crossover on local Help! Frequent connection... disconnects NIC is connected to the network I have connected a USB to LAN adapter to the USB port and connect it with the NIC on my macbook via a crossover cable I set the work laptop IP as with subnet mask and the macbook IP as and same subnet mask The connection works fine and I am able to share files between them However very frustrating problem The crossover connection disconnects and reconnects frequently every - minutes Looking at the Windows XP event viewer there is a TCPIP event every time it happens Here is what the event looks like -- Product Windows Operating System ID Source Tcpip Version Symbolic Name EVENT TCPIP MEDIA CONNECT Message The system detected that network adapter was connected to the network and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter Help! Frequent disconnects on local crossover connection... -- This would be a normal event if it didn t happen so often indicating my connection has recovered from a disconnect I thought it might be the USB to LAN adaptor malfunctioning so I replaced it with another one no luck I thought it might be the crossover cable so I tested it between macs with a gigabit connection and pinged continuously for about and hour but got packet loss Both comps are up to date with updates and drivers as far as I can tell I tried forcing various transfer speeds including full amp half duplex modes no luck I should also mention that Help! Frequent disconnects on local crossover connection... the USB to LAN adaptor is not gigabit but rather The Macbook s NIC is gigabit and the crossover cable is CAT e which supports a gigabit connection but is forced to transfer at baseTX either automatically or manually to accommodate the other NIC s speed I m not sure if this is part of the problem but thought it might be worth mentioning If anyone has any insight into this issue please lend me your wisdom Also let me know if I should provide device details or logs Thanks nbsp

A:Help! Frequent disconnects on local crossover connection...

The key statement here.
My work laptop is connected to the company&#8217;s network which doesn&#8217;t allow personal computers to be connected to.Click to expand...

We don't assist in bypassing company network restrictions, please refer to the TSG Rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-frequent-disconnects-on-local-crossover-connection.912650/
Relevancy 49.88%

My friend has a DSL connection and about 90% of the time when he gets a phone call he gets droped from Xbox Live and he can't load web pages and his DL's stop. He is set up wirelessly however he changed the frequency's to make sure there were no interferences with cordless phones in the house. Is there anyway to fix this?

A:DSL connection disconnects when phones calls are recived

This is a classic case of improperly filtered DSL lines. You may have to change the wiring to the DSL modem and reconfigure the filters.

The way I install DSL is to run a home-run of twisted-pair (I use CAT-5 since I have it) directly from the telco service entrance to the DSL modem. I then split off the telephone circuit and install a single filter for the whole telephone side of the circuit. This avoids shipping the DSL all around the lousy telephone wiring, as well as the issues with multiple filters.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-connection-disconnects-when-phones-calls-are-recived.354532/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys,

I've been having a heck of a time with my internet. One moment it's working fine, the next second it wont load anything and my netflix (running off PS3) wont load the show I'm watch etc. It stays like that for a few minutes and then starts working again.

The whole time the modem says its connected and my computer says it has internet connection.

Much appreciative for any and all help!

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/128032-internet-connection-issues-spontanious-disconnects.html
Relevancy 49.88%

hi to everyone. my asus laptop model is N53S and its been disconnecting the wifi connection about 3 month. i dont think the problem is from router because all other devices like android phones and laptops are connected and working properly. my laptop used to disconnect every time that it was hit or i moved it.but now it is disconnected randomly about 5 or 6 times a day even if i dont move it. when its disconnected sometimes the red cross or a yellow triangle appears on the wifi connection and windows functions so slowly and noises starts everytime i try to hear anything. i have tried re installing the wireless adapter in the device manager but it havent been fixed. do you think the wireless adapter should be replaced? what is its problem?

Relevancy 49.88%

Setup Laptop is a Dell Inspiron couple of after a connection Wireless disconnects seconds E from the router is a Linksys WRT N and the modem is a Motorola SB SURFboard Problem I moved into a new place and I cannot connect to their wireless system Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds After calling the internet provider and router Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds company I can now connect via LAN just fine and to the wireless connection for only a couple seconds before it kicks me off and it does not reconnect Everyone else can connect so there is nothing wrong with the modem or router Note a There is a cordless phone and I have no idea what channel it is on b I have AVG s free virus scanner and malwarebytes c I can connect to other wifi hotspot d I am sitting underneath the router with full signal strength e WPA f I do not have the username and password for the router I have done the following to no avail Turned off the modem and router for a couple of minutes Disable the firewall ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew netsh int ip reset reset log netsh winsock reset catalog Manually typed in the IP DNS Turned the IP DNS back to auto Removed the network from the preferred list and added it in again Here is all the info you may need LAN Connected ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name home- ec Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - -C - D- -BD Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday August AM Lease Expires Saturday August AM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - -A - -AE Wireless disconnected ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name home- ec Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - -C - D- -BD Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - -A - -AE Ping Tests connected with LAN Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Thanks Please let me know if you need more info nbsp

A:Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds

Does the router belong to you or to the place you moved into? It mite be some form of mac filtering on the router itself, which prevents devices from connecting to the router without permission

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-disconnects-after-a-couple-of-seconds.1063610/
Relevancy 49.88%

The problem Randomly or Connection Internet Resets Disconnects is that my internet connection either randomly loses connection for about - seconds until it gets back online Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets or disconnects all together When it disconnects and it can t get back online on it s own I have to pull the power plug and plug it back in My sister in law Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets and I are sharing internet since our houses are about feet between each other We are using one modem and two routers All we did was just plug the second router to the first router and it worked We didn t configure anything in the router control panels we basically just plugged and play Since it s been kicking us off or resetting on us I feel it might be something that we had to configure in the two routers But I don t know what to configure So if anyone knows a fix for this please help Here is our setup Primary House amp Modem amp Belkin Router we are wired and wireless amp ft cable LAN d on Belkin WAN d on Linksys amp Linksys Router sister in law is wired and wireless amp Secondary House nbsp

A:Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets

My sister in law and I are sharing internet since our houses are about 100 feet between each other.Click to expand...

if you look at your T&Cs you will find you are most likely NOT allowed to do this - most ISP have terms which state that you can only use the service in ONE premise

unless you can show us that the ISP will allow this, we cannot help you here , and I will close the post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-randomly-disconnects-or-resets.995304/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi everyone As the title suggest the household loses internet connection everyone few hours or so The disconnect usually lasts less than a minute and the computers smartphones automatically reconnect afterwards When the connection fails it seems to fail for Internet Wireless Disconnects Connection Intermittently all devices simultaneously This problem has been going on for a very long time and I finally decided to try and see if the cause can be uncovered Any help will be greatly appreciated Windows IP Configuration Host Name FINN Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently Physical Address - - D-A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - D-A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c cdd Preferred Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November PM Lease Expires Thursday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -BB-EF-BD- C- - E- - C- DNS Servers feed feed NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address C- - E- - -DB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F C B-B - D- DAD-AAFFB B B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd e e Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface A BA - - C- C F- DEACD C D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BC - BE - F - EF- E A B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A CB - F E- AA- EE- DB D B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Click to expand nbsp

A:Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently

The ipconfig /all shows an apparently good connection to a wireless router or access point.

When these disconnects happen do the devices maintain communication with the router and with each other?

What do the LEDs on the router tell you?

Do you have a separate modem? If so, what do its LEDs tell you?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connection-disconnects-intermittently.1138620/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, i have a problem

my laptop disconnects from the network from time to time ONLY when my sister is connected to the network with her laptop at the same time. At any other time, my internet runs smoothly.. her laptop never disconnects, only mine!

My laptop: Toshiba Satellite running Windows 7 Home Premium
Sisters: Hewlett Packard running Windows Vista Business with SP2

My router is a 'Home Network Gateway' from Telstra Bigpond.

I think that should be enough info for an expert to figure out the problem, please help! thanks!

A:Laptop disconnects from network

can anybody help me? please!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-disconnects-from-network-511322.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Whenever this computer is restarted it connects to the network since it shows the mapped drives However before anything can be done it somehow disconnects from the network and states that the network drives are unavailable and does not allow any computers to connect to it Since this is the one attached to the network printer this poses a big problem for us I ve tried everything I can and nothing seems to work including Ad-Aware Spybot Search and Destroy and Malwarebyte s Anti-Malware Any help would be greatly appreciated DDS Log DDS Ver - - - on Network Reboot from Disconnects NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Administrator at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Enabled Updated A C F E - FDE- -AFAE- EFC EDE Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system basfipm exe C Program Files Dell OpenManage Client Iap exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Disconnects from Network on Reboot WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService Disconnects from Network on Reboot exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www dell com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www dell com BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun DVDLauncher quot c program files cyberlink powerdvd DVDLauncher exe quot mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common files java java update jusched exe quot StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup winready lnk - c program files synemed eyescapene WinReady exe IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL IE DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - - F - D - - D F - c progra spybot SDHelper dll DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF - hxxp go microsoft com fwlink linkid DPF BFB - - D - - A AFC - hxxp download eset com special eos OnlineScanner cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CF ACC -E BB- AFF-AC - C F BCA - hxxp www adobe com products acrobat nos gp cab DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab TCP DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces FB F -DF - -BEDB- E CD DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces BAB E - AD - E - -B F D NameServer TCP Interfaces BAB E - AD - E - -B F D DhcpNameServer Notify igfxcui - igfxdev dll SERVICES DRIVERS R Lbd Lbd c windows system drivers Lbd sys - - R Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service c program files lavasoft ad-awar... Read more

A:Disconnects from Network on Reboot

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/433795 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433795/disconnects-from-network-on-reboot/
Relevancy 49.45%

For Christmas we purchased an all in one Dell Inspiron, along with a new Toshiba LED TV. I just recently figured out how to use the TV's mediashare function, playing video/audio files from my Dell's hard drive.

Prior to the update to Windows 8.1, there didn't seem to be any issues. However, since that update, we'll be watching a video file (several, it doesn't seem to matter what the file is) and the file will stop playing, and a message saying connection was lost will pop up. When I then check the computer, it shows it has "limited connection" to the home network, and I'll have to disconnect and reconnect before we can start watching again.

From what I can tell, it ONLY happens during mediashare use, and never during normal computer usage.

Any clue what might be going on?

A:Win 8.1 disconnects from network during mediashare

You have to go back in and fix the power settings, when you upgrade to Windows 8.1. You would probably be best to use a Network drive that has a media share interface like Twonky Beam on it, then just the computer as a Network share.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/41669-win-8-1-disconnects-network-during-mediashare.html