Windows Support Forum

Processors: Can speed be increased?

Q: Processors: Can speed be increased?

Can processor speed be increased without changing or removing any harddware

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Processors: Can speed be increased?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Processors: Can speed be increased?

Depends on your specs and what you mean by increase.

Some processors are unlocked and can be over-clocked by increasing the processor frequency multiplier (which is multiples of the system bus frequency). This only effects the stability of the processor if clocked to high.

Many systems even if the processor is not unlocked, can still be overclocked by increasing the system bus frequency. Changing this frequency effects everything in the system, which can cause system instability with anything.
System builders will lock both system bus and frequency multiplier, by customizing the system BIOS. Limiting the BIOS is the number one reason, I do not like prebuilt systems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processors-can-speed-be-increased.200569/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I may be missing something pretty basic here as my tech knowledge is pretty poor I have recently paid my internet provider to increase my connection speed from meg package to meg as I need a faster connection Ive done a speed test and it says that my speed is pretty much what my increased to much speed? but internet dont in speed 4meg change from 1meg see the service provider has promised but when I use the wifi in my place which I used with the original meg connection it doesnt seem any faster at increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? all I thought I d be flying from one website to the next but its not happening that way at all Someone said I should consider buying an aircard to increase my computers ability to recieve more data from the increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? router but then someone else said that is not what an aircard is for Anyway Im stuck and would appreciate any help i could get as at the moment Im paying alot more cash each month for no improvement Thanks in advance for any help Cheers nbsp

A:increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increased-my-internet-speed-from-1meg-to-4meg-but-dont-see-much-change-in-speed.625674/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have hp-2000 laptop . my laptop was working fine but suddenly laptop working slow , so tell me How laptop speed can be increased ?

A:How laptop speed can be increased ?

Originally Posted by jean01

I have hp-2000 laptop . my laptop was working fine but suddenly laptop working slow , so tell me How laptop speed can be increased ?

I think the computer question actually is: how does the end-user determine the cause or causes for the slowdown, and deal directly with those causes? To begin the hunt, what was changed if anything in the startup & services portions? Program[s] and/or utility[s] was added or removed? Anti-virus/anti-malware shield[s] or operations changed? Windows 10 Prime changes?

Just before the slowdown -- was any sort of PC-fixerupper, tunerupper, driverupdater, softwareupdater, slimmer/trimmerupper, etc. run? I hope not, for such utilities almost always give more long-term grief than any short-term joy.

BTW, I ask about security/monitoring program changes because sometime after I changed something in my set up, slowdown! I had to reverse said changes or tweak and tweak and tweak until smooth operations was restored.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/58844-how-laptop-speed-can-increased.html
Relevancy 65.36%

how to improve my processing speed in my computer? i frequently deleted temp files and downloaded files, other than these what will i do?

A:how increased processing speed

The only way to improve processing speed is to get a faster processor.
Tell us the specs of your computer. Make and model# of computer or motherboard, Processor, RAM (memory) Free HDD space?
Also click on the link in my signature for PC Running slow? and try those things.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-increased-processing-speed-688719.html
Relevancy 65.36%

We had Mbps but we just upgraded to Mbps Right away we noticed that we couldn t connect weird. increased speed, very DSL its Just now to the Playstation network on the PS and loading Google would take several tries In some cases you couldn t even refresh the page to load Google you would have to open a Just increased DSL speed, now its very weird. new tab We would have bursts of good speeds from online speed tests ranging from Mbps down to not being able to load the test and everything in between I just tested my ping and for the last Just increased DSL speed, now its very weird. hour or so its been above ms here are some results http www pingtest net result png http www pingtest net result png http www pingtest net result png lt --packet loss http www pingtest net result png lt --packet loss I live in Wisconsin and my ISP is Centurylink formerly Centurytel a technician came over yesterday and checked our box outside and inside and said that it was our Margin db if I remember correctly Here is the info from my router Transceiver Revision A pB m d a Vendor ID Code D Line Mode ADSL plus Data Path FAST Transceiver Information Downstream Path Upstream Path DSL Speed Kbits Sec Margin dB Line Attenuation dB Transmit Power dBm The technician ended up lowering our speed to Mbps and said that everything looked good and left The Margin db was at inside and outside before he lowered it and he thought that if we could hit we would be fine If that s the case then it seems like the margin is not the problem If we are using too much speed could we set QoS on a router would need a different router to limit the bandwidth Could the router be the problem To be honest I ve never in all my life seen consistent download speeds over Kbps and that makes me sad Please help nbsp

A:Just increased DSL speed, now its very weird.

If you suspect the router is a problem connect a computer directly to the modem and test.

It sounds like you are about as far from the CO (or closest "booster") as you can be to still get DSL at all. If that is the case then trying to get higher bandwidth by upgrading your service can make things worse. You may want to talk to tech support to see if there is any truth to my guess. (Don't talk to customer/sales support; they will be quite happy to sell you whatever service they can.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-increased-dsl-speed-now-its-very-weird.1075062/
Relevancy 64.5%

I was just wondering, if both the local area network and wireless network connections are enabled on a machine, will the LAN having a (default) speed of 100 mbps and the WLAN having one of 54 mbps, make the overall connection speed increase? As in maybe 154 mbps all together?

Relevancy 64.5%

I got a problem last weeks my CPU speed is increased from stable temperature to temperature its got increased slowly few days ago its was just my CPU is not overclocked and my CPU fan and heatsink is new my CPU temperature sometimes decrease to and i dont know what may be the reason of this to happen by the way few days ago my PC was lagging and freezing and last night its wasn't even moving after reboot today in the morning i got the check disk and i got CPU is stable While speed increased, Temperature FAN much errors i want to find way how to return my PC to stable performance i also scanned my PC and got many viruss CPU Temperature increased, While FAN speed is stable but its always happen again maybe i need to change my thermal paste or my PC is infected or just my CPU is too old samy with my storage CPU its increased to and sometimes decrease to standard Dual Core GHZ E Not overclocked GPU GT Ram GB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P KPL-AM Socket standard temp

A:CPU Temperature increased, While FAN speed is stable

hello and Welcome to BleepingComputer!

what Windows version are you using?

What type of Cpu fan and heatsink is it that you have? are you confident that the paste (TIM, thermal interface material) was applied as it should be? it is common for the home user to apply the correct amount to the cpu but then there is one thing that happens quite often, after the cooler is located and before the final securement with the latch pins, the unit slides around, which redistributes the paste to a less than perfect amount and consistency.. another common misdeed is failure to remove the old paste properly before applying the new TIM. For the temperatures to increase incrementally  like that, that would be interpreted as the TIM and heatsink needs to be applied again as it maybe settled and isn't functioning properly.

another theory is that for the  CPU temperatures to be fluctuating like that, there has to be processes active that aren't consistent, if you pull up your task manager, it can help to locate those processes, you can click on processes and then the cpu tab, to list most to least. in my experience, the common antivirus applications can sometimes spring into activity and spike the cpu usage for a certain time, therefore increasing heat and cpu fan spead temporarily.

also, if you believe that your PC has become infected with Malware, there is a section here devoted to that topic, (am i infected?)

the checkdisk error implies corrupted files or hardware clock speed mismatch.  you can give the chkdsk /r procedure a try, but that takes a while to complete.

anyway, i am the type that believes that a core 2 duo PC is certainly worth preserving as it runs  fine with most home uses and contemporary applications.  I can definitely understand a home user shying away from the "just buy a new PC"  mentality. PCs are a significant investment for most folks, and buying a new one should be entertained as last resort.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556922/cpu-temperature-increased-while-fan-speed-is-stable/
Relevancy 64.5%

I pulled a bunch of animated and static cursors off the net. I installed most from winzip onto my work winnt computer. I had no problems with the animations for many months until one day the computer did something odd. And it's difficult to explain what it was, since it was some time ago. The animated cursors have increased there speed 10 fold or more. The slow galloping horse is now in the Kentucky Derby. the slow spinning multitudes of balls spinning around a cone are now nauseatingly fast. This applies to all the animated cursors. I may have a hundred or more installed. I believe the extensions are either .ani or .cur.

Anyone have a clue as to how to slow them down without uninstalling/reinstalling?

Relevancy 64.07%

I installed Win7 64 bit OS in my existing computer which had Win XP 32 bit. My Comcast download speed immediately increased by 45% (from 15.5mb to 22.5mb). Upload speed remained the same at 10mb.

I just put together a second computer with Win 7 (to replace my back up that had also had Win XP) and got the same exact result in increased speed.

All computers were connected by wire to the same router/modem so that is not playing a part in this .

Can anyone tell me why my upload speeds are so much higher with Win7 vs Win XP?

A:Win7 vs WinXP Download Speed Increased ?

Because the TCPIP stack got a refresh and got tweaked for performance on Win Vista/7/8.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/284134-win7-vs-winxp-download-speed-increased.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Can anyone tell me what this means I am thinking of buying a new pc and am not confident enough to build it myself. Have been looking in the usual places that people who build there own rigs probably disapprove of, when am looking at a certain pc from dell it says this

The memory speed of 4 DIMMS configuration will be limited at 1066MHz with Athlon II X4 630 and Phenom II X4 820 processors. ...

If the memory works at 1300 Mhz and the Processor only supports 1066 Mhz what does that mean ?

A:AMD processors limited to 1066MHz memory speed?

AMD CPU's have the memory controller built into them. Faster memory will just have the speed of it set to what the memory controller can support.

So if the memory works at 1300Mhz, but the controller only supports 1066Mhz, then the 1300Mhz memory will just slow down to 1066Mhz.

But Dell only says that the speed of the memory will be limited on those CPU's only if all 4 ram slots are filled with memory. Unless you will be upgrading the memory in the system when you get it, you dont need to worry about it.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-processors-limited-to-1066mhz-memory-speed.161784/
Relevancy 50.74%

We are using Supermicro Server which is installed with 4 processor of AMD (AMD Opetron 6000 Series) the server is having four processor sockets, please do clarify that windows 7 64 bit version will support 4 physical processor installed on the server or
not, or is there any patch which we can apply to the OS so that it can take all the 4 physical  processors.
What are the hardware limitations of Windows 7 64 bit ?

Regards
Bijoy

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fe6882f2-72fb-41d1-ab68-9bb2d04dab1a/windows-7-64-bit-compatibility-with-4-physcial-processors-amd-processors?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 49.02%

I was aghast for reinstallations of Windows 8 because of reasons unknown which ran operating system into trouble.
Now I know why this happened, because I selected maximum number of processors shown in 'Msconfig', which really doesn't exists ('Msconfig' showed 4 processors for Intel Core i3210).
From next start Windows 8 ran into trouble and within a day or two of using this desktop stopped responding, happened for all operating systems where I selected maximum number of processors shown in 'Msconfig'.
Therefore do not select maximum number of processors from 'Msconfig'.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f688905a-dbaa-4975-8659-d86c20a21dea/selecting-processors-in-msconfig-to-maximum-which-really-doesnt-exists-i-use-intel-core-i3210?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 49.02%

Why the strangeqe question?

you see I have a Dell XPS 15z laptop with a core i7 processor, 8 Giga RAM running Windows 7 Premium and I also have an HP desktop with a core two duo processor, 3 Gigs of ram running Windows 7 Professional but surprizingly the desktop runs faster than the laptop when I give them both tthe same task on Photoshop CS6 ( a processor heavy application). I feel that I have been cheated into buying the Dell laptop which at the time of purchase was expensive in the is country.

A:Are there any new processors that are faster than Core I7 processors

Does it use 100% cpu for a long time? (so cpu is the bottleneck)
Is it a multithreaded application, so are tasks split in many subtasks and use different cores?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/363860-there-any-new-processors-faster-than-core-i7-processors.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Im working on building a server and I need an AMD processor in it. Right now, im looking at AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX for $322. The purpose of this server is just a place that 4 computers can access. Its not going to be set up as a server, but just Windows XP without a monitor. Im running an intel pentium 4 on the computer holding the network right now, and it is doing fine. Sometimes its just a little slow. So, I would like a little better than a Pentium 4, but AMD. Also, less then $322. What can I get?

Thanks,
e39m5

Relevancy 42.14%

I finally took my computer to a NEW repair person and after a year of daily crashes they diagnosed the slot my memory was plugged into was faulty. Took them one try and I have a computer that no longer crashes daily! YIPEE! All this after the memory caused a major crash and my computer had to be wiped out and reprogrammed. Now while getting things back to the settings I wanted and things I had on it and a few new additions I noticed if I go into my computer and click on the C drvie to properties that nearly 3/4's of my pie shows its used space. What do I need to go and ask for to make my computer have more space so I can download more programs onto it? Any idea of cost to increase or is this not possible on all computers??? Thanks for any info .SHARI

Relevancy 41.71%

I use hp635 wit 1.65ghz cpu , 823mb graphics card, 2gig ram and 320gb Rom. Am an architectural student and i use rendering apps such as 3dsmax. I know my system specs is technically low for this kind of work, but will increasing the ram to 8gig (the peak) improve my chance of fast and better rendering for the time-being till i get a new pc?

A:will increased RAM help my situation?

Hi,
Might buy you a little time but the program would also rely on graphic's too so don't expect a world of difference
Ram would give you a little faster startup depending on your startup list.
With your low spec's cpu I'd say don't waste a lot of money 4gb should be fine or 2x2gb buy a 4 gb pack.
Crucial is a reasonable brand

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/383824-will-increased-ram-help-my-situation.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi For the past few days my PC is Log--IE increased Help with HijackThis using RAM using large amounts of RAM for Internet Explorer when I open Help with HijackThis Log--IE using increased RAM new windows or change sites Similar problem but less so with FireFox Also there are delays when I open a new window in Explorer hard drive My Documents etc Thanks Keith The HijackThis Log is Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C Program Files Retrospect Retrospect retrorun exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files TiVo Shared Beacon TiVoBeacon exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WUSB Gv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Mindjet MindManager MMReminderService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files TiVo Shared Transfer TiVoTransfer exe C Program Files TiVo Desktop TiVoNotify exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http www-sul stanford edu R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC ... Read more

A:Help with HijackThis Log--IE using increased RAM

You do not appear to have a malware related issues. Please visit TSF's Windows XP subforum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-with-hijackthis-log-ie-using-increased-ram-317985.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx cpu usage increased. exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast cpu usage increased. ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS VM STI EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C Program cpu usage increased. Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Documents and Settings J rjestelm nvalvoja Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe E Ray Adams ATI Tray Tools atitray exe C Program Files Bonjour cpu usage increased. mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Safari Safari exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www daemon-search com startpage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Linkit O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Liven kirjautumisapuohjelma - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -Delay O - HKLM Run LogitechVideo inspector C Program Files Logitech Video InstallHelper exe inspect O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run BigDogPath C WINDOWS VM STI EXE Philips SPC NC PC Camera O - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run VirtualCloneDrive quot C Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe quot s O - HKLM Run PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE O - HKLM Run Qu... Read more

A:cpu usage increased.

Hello, jonipoika
Welcome to TSF

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .

We need to create an OTViewIt ReportPlease download OTViewIt by OldTimer.
Save it to your desktop.
Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
Push the button.
Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTViewIt.txt <-- Will be opened
Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
We need to scan for rootkits with GMERPlease download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.alternate download site 1
alternate download site 2

Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here.)
When you have done this, disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
Note: There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.
Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan...click NO.
Click on "Settings", then check the first five settings:System Protection and Tracing
Processes
Save created processes to the log
Drivers
Save loaded drivers to the log

You will be prompted to restart your computer. Please do so.
Run Gmer again and click on the Rootkit tab.
Look at the right hand side (under Files) and uncheck all drives with the exception of your C drive.
Make sure all other boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for "Show All".
Important! Please do not select the "Show all" checkbox during the scan.
Click on the "Scan" and wait for the scan to finish.Note: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan.

When completed, click on the Copy button and right-click on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and right-click again and choose Paste or Ctrl+V. Save the file as gmer.txt and copy the information in your next reply.
Note: If you have any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode

In your next reply, please include the following:OTViewIt.txt
Extra.txt
GMER's Log
Billy3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cpu-usage-increased-289954.html
Relevancy 41.71%

im not sure how or when , but all the window sizes and icon sizes and my taskbar etc have become bigger and i want to know how to get it back to normal.

its very urgent any help would be appreciated.

A:increased sizes...HELP!!

Hi and welcome to TSG.
Check.
http://www.freeemailtutorials.com/microsoftWindows/changingScreenResolution.cwd

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increased-sizes-help.678628/
Relevancy 41.71%

these components:

ASUS P5Q-E - LGA775 Socket
Corsair XMS2 - 4GB
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 / 3 GHz
eVGA GeForce GTX 260
corsair 650W
win xp sp3

if i would upgrade CPU to i7 BUT keep using win xp (so only 3,25 GB can be used), would there be a significant performance increase?

and is it useful to upgrade the video card?

i dont want to overclock any components.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

before adding two new fans my computer's temperature was about
32 at full load
after adding the fans it's 39 at full load
Did i do something wrong

i have two exhaust fans blowing air out
one fan at the front of the case blowing air in
a fan at the top of the case, near the psu blowing air in
and a rear fan blowing air in

Did install any of it wrong? blowing the wrong way??

Relevancy 41.28%

mine is a dell inspiron 1440
3 gb ,320gb, 64 bit
512 mb graphics card

its a new one.the first few months the startup time was less. i had disabled certain unwanted startup services and programs. but recently i noticed that its taking very much time to start up. what used to be a minute and a half has drastically increased to 2 mins.

give me sme ways by which i can improve my startup time. and what are the possible reasons.

A:increased start up time

What I did was go to the start button and type in mscongfig in search programs and files then click on msconfig look in start up tab and unchecked items that I didn't want in startup. Then I rebooted and computer then started up faster.
This is just one way but it works for me and I am from the OLD School.

And welcome to Win7 Forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/87059-increased-start-up-time.html
Relevancy 41.28%

i am reluctant in asking for help as i try to keep my machine meticulously clean at all times by learning on my own but your forum looks especially helpful i run adaware spybot s amp d and norton with great frequency but lately norton has detected email protected and backdoor coreflood b in my documents activity HJT log, virus increased and settings folder and in my windows system folder to be perfectly honest i am concerned and need some more experienced advice thanks so much for your help here is my hjt log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System NMSSvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files ATI Multimedia RemCtrl ATIX exe C WINDOWS System atiptaxx exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS System coolme exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton CleanSweep csinsmnt exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer Iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Software hijack this HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http approvedlinks com sp htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www searchv com search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo HJT log, increased virus activity com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL C WINDOWS system HJT log, increased virus activity notfound html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL C WINDOWS system notfound html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www searchv com search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http www searchv com search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www searchv com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www searchv com search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www searchv com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www searchv com search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http www searchv com search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www searchv com search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www searchv com search php qq s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP http approvedlinks com index htm t amp url http www yahoo com O - Hosts astalavista com O - Hosts www astalavista com O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar no name - B DAECA- FEB- EDA- - B EE B - no file O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 41.28%

WTF I ran windows defragmenter in safe-mode about a month ago and noticed it moving files much more aggressively than usual and it ran for a good hours normally takes min max and is scheduled to run monthly This wasnt the first time Ive run it from safe-mode I occasionally like once a year do this in hopes of defragging system files that are normally in use by Windows I ran the defragmenter in normal windows mode and then restarted the puter and then analyzed Which brings us to this screenshot As you can see it says that I DO NOT need to defrag but I see an aweful lot of red in that graph Ive never seen that much red on any computer ever before So WTF is goin on here and how do I fix it And also it is obvious to me that the HD is as fragmented as the defragger says it is because I can hear the HD clicking like crazy when I open anything And it takes about times longer for most things to load than it used to SMART is enabled and disk is healthy Scandisk didnt find any bad sectors HD is a Maxtor DiamondMax GB SATA Defrag actually increased fragmentation! rpm WinXP partition is GB and there are Linux partitions journalised ext and swap that total GB

A:Defrag actually increased fragmentation!

Well...I would interpret that as indicative of file system/partition or hard drive problems. Either would probably produce the graph you indicated.

Did you run chkdsk /r before attempting the defrag?

Why did you run it in safe mode?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413212/defrag-actually-increased-fragmentation/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I have a Desktop Hewlett Packard Pavillion Windows PC which is two months old and was bought as brand system/fan Increased noise? new The product code is nbsp C T EA ABU nbsp I use it for many hours each day and Increased system/fan noise? at night have always left it in sleep mode and I've only had to restart it to complete Windows Updates The most recent installed updates were for my AMD Raedon HD graphics nbsp I went away for the weekend and shut it down completely but Increased system/fan noise? still left it plugged in Since turning it back on yesterday the overall system noise has increased which starts from the boot up and continues whilst Windows is running It remains consistent at this new sound level - there are no sudden changes Increased system/fan noise? of sound and it doesn't sound as if the fans are struggling It isn't a loud sound but before the system ran silently but now I'm aware of this increase nbsp nbsp I have read some of the advice on here and attempted to look inside the case to inspect for dust but couldn't see any obvious signs I used a hoover on all the fans to make sure and I've tried unplugging the fan connectors from the Motherboard and main power lead but to no avail nbsp I also installed a program called SpeedFan and it gave me a minus degrees for one of the fan temperature readings - surely this confirms there is a issue nbsp I would appreciate any other suggestions because as I mentioned this has only happened after two days of non use when nbsp the system is normally used every day for many hours Many thanks nbsp nbsp nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Increased system/fan noise?

Have managed to fix it. I loaded up BIOS and it immediately went back to being quiet and booted up accordingly. I now have my silent PC back. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Increased-system-fan-noise/td-p/2570309
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi there,

I have just increased the memory on my Packard bell istart 2479 and since doing so, I have no sound. The Speaker symbol in the bottom corner has a red x on it and it says No Audio output device is installed. This is really starting to frustrate me now because I cant seem to fix it. Please Help

A:Ive increased memory RAM from 1g to 4g but now have no sound, why?

Your specs.

Quote:
OS 32bit windows 7 enterprise

I surly not understanding Windows 7 Enterprise with such small amount of ram.

Where did you get your copy of Enterprise and who installed it?

It would be helpful if you filled in your system specs completely including which sound system you are using.

This tutorial by Brink should help you.

System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/351701-ive-increased-memory-ram-1g-4g-but-now-have-no-sound-why.html
Relevancy 41.28%

i have an intel HD graphics 1307mb size
and 2.9 gb ram (out of 4gb)

one question, if i increased the ram will the VRAM increase?
cuz i have it only 128mb

A:if i increased the ram will the VRAM increase?

Quote: Originally Posted by rjrmyn

i have an intel HD graphics 1307mb size
and 2.9 gb ram (out of 4gb)

one question, if i increased the ram will the VRAM increase?
cuz i have it only 128mb

Welcome to SF!

If the graphics is onboard the motherboard it would likely use more RAM if you add more, but your actual VRAM would remain the same. Onboard graphic generally use a fair chunk of the RAM installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/244143-if-i-increased-ram-will-vram-increase.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi;

I hope someone can help. I always keep an eye on my firewall traffic log, and over the past few weeks I have noticed a much higher amount of incoming traffic attempting to access my computer. About 90% of it comes from the same IP address (or similar range).

I know this is often caused by some infection/spyware, but I have run every scan in the book, and nothing comes up. Also, I am obsessively (!) careful about what I download.

Does anyone have any idea why I am getting all this traffic from one place? I appreciate your time. Thanks guys.

Relevancy 41.28%

The font size in "right click" drop down menus/drive directories/text on desktop has all increased in size. I did not do this intentionally (or at all). How do I decrease the font size in these areas?

Thank you!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/font-size-has-increased-please-help-1084657.html
Relevancy 41.28%

The need to defrag my hard drive has been increasing. It's not unusual to have ten thousand fragments accumulated after eight hours of use. I'd blame the hard drive, but I had the same problem with the last hard drive, which I replaced (with another used drive) about a month ago. I did a clean install on the drive, and don't have a lot of files on it.

I'm running Windows XP, SP3. I use Diskkeeper Lite and Ultimate Defragger (for consolidation). The computer is working normally otherwise. In fact, there's no noticeable change in performance before and after defragmentation. What, other than a bum drive, can cause this?

A:Increased disk fragmentation

Some system files cannot be moved, hence it will always say that the drive is fragmented to a certain degree. Diskkeeper may even give a few false positives. If you are not manually moving files, or deleting them, adding or downloading etc, then there may be a trojan horse virus that is replicating itself enough to cause fragmentation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/increased-disk-fragmentation-515153.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi everybody,
I have Windows 8 installed on my laptop, and there's something I can not figure out. Whenever I leave my computer and it's in idle mode, it seems that something starts to run which causes my fan noise to increase. As soon as I move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard so that my screen is ON, my fan noise goes back to normal. Does anyone have any suggestions? There have been situations where I have left the room and when I come back after about 10 minutes, my fan noise was relatively HIGH.

Thanks

A:Increased Fan Volume when Idle

something is running in the background when idle, could be maintenance, virus scanner, backups, etc...

Since it ceases when your computer stops being idle, it may be difficult to track.

I suggest looking in your scheduled tasks and see if you find it there..

go to your start screen and start typing task options will pop up and select task scheduler

you will see what has been running in the past 24 hours first you can change that to last hour, day, etc..

Look for optimizers or scanning programs in the list..

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/25982-increased-fan-volume-when-idle.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm puzzled About days ago background activity CPU New increased the background CPU activity New increased background CPU activity on my system rose to a quite significant level that based on all my experience over many years I'd say is way too high and has stayed at that level - but I've been unable to link this to any new or updated program What makes this particularly difficult to get to grips with is that the main alleged culprit for this high level of background activity is a basic Windows process I use Anvir Task Manager for my monitoring and its tray icon for CPU activity shows svchost exe as being the main player - but ATM's detailed process list shows something New increased background CPU activity cryptically called 'System Idle Process' as being the primary culprit However I'm aware that the problem may well not lie in Windows because the last time I suddenly got an ongoing too-high background CPU activity i e ascribed to such basic Windows processes I resolved the problem by uninstalling Drive Sentry which I didn't care for anyway despite some great features Unfortunately I've so far not identified any new or updated program that is responsible for this change as from about days ago those that I thought might have been responsible have all now been tested by exiting or disabling them with no clear change in the background CPU activity Prior to about days ago background CPU activity simply was low enough not to be showing on the ATM tray icon but it is now typically as in the attached image - usually but not always with a bit more activity in the core that is represented on the right side of the icon Any ideas of anything further simple things I could do to sort this thing out -- Many thanks

A:New increased background CPU activity

Well firstly, System Idle Process is the CPU doing nothing. So that isn't the culprit.

Can you please Open Task Manager (CTRL-SHIFT-ESC) and click the Processes Tab. Then click "Show Processes for All Users" and click the "CPU" tag at the top, so that the highest using CPU processes are at the top. and upload a screenshot using Snipping Tool (use Start Menu Search to find it)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/119870-new-increased-background-cpu-activity.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have started using a new config on soldier of fortune 2, but my ping has increased by at least 30ms after I started using it. Unfortunately I cannot post the config up because I was told not to, but does anyone have any ideas as to how to bring it back down?

Thanks,

Korrupt

A:New CONFIG has increased ping.

I see your point mate... A config is basically a set of user customisable parameters. I will post an example one up... Configs can make a huge difference to your gameplay, hence why the person in question doesnt want it posted up. Anyways, here is an example, so you see what I mean...

// generated by soldier of fortune 2, do not modify
unbindall
bind TAB "+scores"
bind ENTER "+use"
bind SPACE "+goggles"
bind - "+zoomout"
bind 0 "screenshot"
bind 1 "weapon 1"
bind 2 "weapon 2"
bind 3 "weapon 3"
bind 4 "weapon 4"
bind 5 "weapon 5"
bind 6 "weapon 6"
bind 7 "weapon 7"
bind 8 "weapon 8"
bind 9 "weapon 9"
bind = "+zoomin"
bind \ "+firemode"
bind ` "toggleconsole"
bind a "vstr hj"
bind d "+back"
bind c "messagemode"
bind e "+forward"
bind f "+moveright"
bind w "+leanleft"
bind r "+leanright"
bind g "+movedown"
bind h "cg_fov 100"
bind b "centreview"
bind RIGHTARROW "+forward"
bind MOUSE3 "+reload"
bind MOUSE1 "+attack; CG_FOV 80"
bind l say ^s|| ^$H^7eheh^<e^7, ^$G^7rea^<t ^$c^7atc^<h #t^$!!! ^s||
bind j say ^s|| ^$H^7e^<y ^$e^7veryon^<e^$!!! ^s||
bind b say ^s|| ^$H^7e^<y ^$W^7hat^<s^7 up^$??? ^s||
bind u say ^s|| ^$G^7oo^<d ^$g^7am^<e ^$e^7veryon^<e^$!! ^s||
bind q "+movedown; +leanleft"
bind s "+moveleft"
bind t "+movedown; +leanright"
bind y "messagemode2"
bind ~ "toggleconsole"
bind F1 "vote yes"
bind F2 "vote no"
bind z "dropweapon"
bind x "dropitem"
bind MOUSE2 "+altattack"
bind MWHEELDOWN "weapnext"
bind MWHEELUP "weapprev"
seta net_socksPassword ""
seta net_socksUsername ""
seta net_socksPort "1080"
seta net_socksServer ""
seta net_socksEnabled "0"
seta net_noipx "0"
seta cg_drawfps 1
seta net_noudp "0"
seta ui_noNetCheck "0"
seta ui_rmg_seed "0"
seta ui_rmg_time "day"
seta ui_rmg_size "small"
seta ui_rmg_config "desert"
seta ui_serverStatusTimeOut "7000"
seta g_warmup "20"
seta ui_sof2FirstRun "1"
seta cg_hudFiles "ui/hud.txt"
seta ui_findPlayer "unknown"
seta ui_lastServerRefresh_3 ""
seta ui_lastServerRefresh_2 "Aug-20, 2006 at 10:17"
seta ui_lastServerRefresh_1 "Aug-10, 2006 at 16:41"
seta ui_lastServerRefresh_0 "Aug-11, 2006 at 15:13"
seta cg_selectedPlayerName "^s<XK>^$||^<K^7o^<rru^7p^<t^$||"
seta cg_selectedPlayer "0"
seta ui_mapIndex "0"
seta ui_currentNetMap "0"
seta ui_currentMap "0"
seta ui_netSource "2"
seta ui_gtPickupsDisabled "1"
seta ui_gtRespawnType "3"
seta ui_actualNetGametype "3"
seta ui_netGametype "3"
seta ui_joinGametype "0"
seta ui_gametype "3"
seta ui_dedicated "0"
seta server16 ""
seta server15 ""
seta server14 ""
seta server13 ""
seta server12 ""
seta server11 ""
seta server10 ""
seta server9 ""
seta server8 ""
seta server7 ""
seta server6 ""
seta server5 ""
seta server4 ""
seta server3 ""
seta server2 ""
seta server1 ""
seta cg_drawCrosshairNames "1"
seta cg_drawCrosshair "3"
seta ui_browserShowEmpty "1"
seta ui_browserShowFull "1"
seta ui_browserSortKey "4"
seta ui_browserGameType "0"
seta ui_browserMaster "0"
seta g_botSkill "2"
seta ui_glCustom "0"
seta s_s... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-config-has-increased-ping.63908/
Relevancy 41.28%

Where can I find the fix to make the connections unlimited/increased in Windows XP Pro SP2?

I used a this fix before....it was a self-installing fix. But I can't find it anywhere now.

Please let me know, thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-pro-sp2-unlimited-increased-connections-fix-86097.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello friends, I am having problems with my operating system recently installed windows 8.1 pro, but the ram is raised without stopping .. no matter whether or not running processes, even if I have the machine without even the memory activity continues ..
I have 14GB of DDR3 1333Mhz Ram

I even doing nothing appears to have 65% of memory in use, The operating system, I have original and have already installed all windows updates.

A:RAM Increased memory use and cache

Welcome to Eight-Forums,

Check in Task Manager in process tab, go down list see if you spot anything using a lot of memory first.
Also check the Startup tab See what is starting up when PC boots and runs afterwards, if can eliminate some.
Check the Details tab see what is running amounts of RAM being used.

Is this where you are seeing it ? Happen soon as you boot to desktop ? As you say it never stops ?Must be one or few programs doing this.

Add any new programs since install of Windows 8.1 Pro ? Have a good anti-virus run a full system scan.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/57118-ram-increased-memory-use-cache.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Recently I upgraded Increased processing power? from an Intel Core Duo E ghz to a Pentium Dual Core E ghz Or so I thought When I first booted into the BioS it said my processor speed was Increased processing power? at ghz It also gave some values right below it system memory and Increased processing power? bus I think that seemed lower than usual At first I ignored this especially since my fan was running a lot louder than before I assumed it was more powerful However when I ran the Windows index it registered my processor as a instead of a that it was before I don t know how accurate of a measurement this is but I expected some sort of increase Based on my research and comparison tests I ve seen I should ve experienced an improvement but what is happening I should also point out this processor was given to me by a friend Is it it possible that it might be underclocked even thought the fan is still running extremely loud Or is it defective How can I verify Intel Pentium Dual Core E Intel Desktop Board DG WH GB of RAM nbsp

A:Increased processing power?

Check in the Bios to see what the voltage is set to, it should be set between .85V to 1.5V.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/increased-processing-power.162589/
Relevancy 41.28%

I recently upgraded my display to a larger monitor and as a result my games have increased their load on my system memory To compensate I added an additional GB of RAM to the GB I already had I discovered 7 on Win Increased hang causes boot to RAM however that Win bit still has the memory address limits and the system only recognized out of the GB of RAM Since I have a Increased RAM causes Win 7 to hang on boot bit processor I decided to change over to bit to take advantage of the new hardware However attempts to install Windows with GB of RAM failed the system hung up during installation at about the quot Completing installation quot point with a black screen I removed the new memory and got past the installer errors But now whenever I run with the new chips and I've changed them once already with the same result so I doubt its hardware error Windows hangs up during boot the Windows logo stops waving The repair facility from the disc doesn't correct the error and about half the time causes the quot BOOTMGR is missing quot error on the following boot I correct that by rebuilding the bcd but the OS still hangs on the way in Any suggestions

A:Increased RAM causes Win 7 to hang on boot

what kind of RAM is it? did you set the memory timings correctly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/22947-increased-ram-causes-win-7-hang-boot.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Recently, I've been seeing a lot, a huge load of ads with spammy topics (heal your skin etc.) while browsing youtube and other sites. A few ads even had a little signature called "J-zip". I googled the word and it turned out to be a virus. I got a feeling that my computer is infected with it. Please, help me get rid of it.

Edit: A few times while browsing some forums, avast also detected malware on them, so that's what may be attacking my computer. The ads also appear on the steam ingame browser.

A:Increased amount of ads in browsers

I accidentally deleted the logs while editing my post, here they are again:

DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) - NTFS_AMD64
Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16526  BrowserJavaVersion: 10.55.2
Run by Mati at 18:22:39 on 2014-06-23
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium   6.0.6002.2.1250.48.1045.18.8189.5788 [GMT 2:00]
AV: avast! Antivirus *Enabled/Updated* {17AD7D40-BA12-9C46-7131-94903A54AD8B}
SP: Windows Defender *Enabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
SP: avast! Antivirus *Enabled/Updated* {ACCC9CA4-9C28-93C8-4B81-AFE241D3E736}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcss
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k secsvcs
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k GPSvcGroup
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display\nvxdsync.exe
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PnkBstrA.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\Version9\TeamViewer_Service.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k WerSvcGroup
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastui.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\SteelSeries\SteelSeries Engine 3\SteelSeriesEngine3.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\conime.exe
D:\Steam\Steam.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k swprv
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerPlugin_14_0_0_125.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerPlugin_14_0_0_125.exe
C:\Windows\servicing\TrustedInstaller.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe
============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============
mWinlogon: Userinit = userinit.exe
BHO: Java™ Plug-In SSV Helper: {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\ssv.dll
BHO: avast! Online Security: {8E5E2654-AD2D-48bf-AC2D-D17F00898D06} - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper: {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\jp2ssv.dll
uRun: [Steam] "D:\Steam\steam.exe" -silent
uRun: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
mRun: [AvastUI.exe] "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastUI.exe" /nogui
mRun: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
StartupFolder: C:\PROGRA~3\MICROS~1\Windows\... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538636/increased-amount-of-ads-in-browsers/
Relevancy 41.28%

i have the gigabyte 8inxp motherboard and 3ghz cpu. i have not yet gotten a decent heatsink so i am using the intel one. the trouble is that the fan NEVER speeds up when the cpu heats up. my friend had the same trouble with his asus p4g8x. he had to set up his fan to be adjusted manually, which in his case sucks because his case would have to be open in order to do this. does anyone have this same trouble? is there a way to increase the speed of the fan through some internal setting (in the bios, maybe)?

Relevancy 41.28%

Increased RAM from 256 to 1 gig or tried to. A 512 stick in first bank works fine, put the other 512 or even the old 256 stick in the second bank and I get nothing but a black screen.
Figured maybe dust or something in the second bank, but blew it out, and no change. Any ideas? or do I have a bad bank maybe?

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi folks This problem has been driving me nuts for the last month Since a while ago I ve had frequent artifacts increased & Artifacting voltage which in of the cases cause the computer to crash Kaputt I ve tried to change voltages a little here and there and I ve noticed that when I put the SPP voltage on auto it puts itself at above stock Artifacting & increased voltage for no apparent reason If I force the voltage to the artifacts start When it s at the artifacts do not occur At least not close to as often as on I ve rather frequently been able to listen control the music in the background as well as going around in my keyboard logitech G with the screen while nothing on the screen changes This leads me to believe that the graphics card is failing The weird thing is that it can handle stress Artifacting & increased voltage tests such as furmark on maximum settings for very long periods without problem It performs very good as well I get high dmark scores for my setup All other components can handle stress tests as well Temperatures are far bellow maximum Far Note that the artifacts only occur while gaming and that this is the only way my PC crashes I do not have BSOD s just total lockdown They appear to be more seldom when I put all my fans to the max but that s not optimal when I have guests etc The temperatures are still as previously said fine compared to maximum I ve done some minor overclocking on the graphics card Temperatures have never exceeded C and while gaming I seldomly exceed C The graphics card I have is the BFG GTX OC which has increased all clocks on the board What does he want help with I d be asking myself if I were in your situation and it is as follows Are there any ways I can make a definite decision that it is in fact the GPU that s failing and not the RAM which I ve understood also runs by the SPP voltage I reckon this wasn t my best description I highly appreciate your help people I m rather experienced when it comes to computers so no need for extreme descriptions nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

I currently have a dell Inspiron n7010. I checked to see if I could run Diablo III, and found that I lack the Dedicated Video Ram of 256MB. My current dedicated Video Ram is 64MB. My Graphics card is Intel(r) HD Graphics. After reading several sites, it appears that this graphic card is impossible to upgrade, so I was hoping I might be bale to increase the dedicated ram so I could install Diablo III.

My apologies if this has been answered previously. I would gladly read the original thread if someone posts a link to it.

Thank you for your help!

A:Can Dedicated Video Ram be increased?

Unless there is an option in the bios to increase the amount of system ram allocated to the graphics, not much you can do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/231427-can-dedicated-video-ram-increased.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I play Counter-Strike Source in-game Latency has increased. alot and i was wondering why in the past i was constantly showing a ping latency of in Chicago servers I live in Gary IN which is Latency in-game has increased. just half an hour away I was getting a constant ping and low pings in the other cities around me but now i upgraded from Comcast s MB to a MB connection and i cant get anything less than My computer died and i havent played for months and now that im playing again im just wondering why my ping just shot up x I know its not a big deal but Latency in-game has increased. when i had that low ping i only had comcast s mb and now i have the mb When i fixed my comp i replaced the motherboard and i talked to my teacher in my IT class and he told me that Latency in-game has increased. it shouldent be the motherboard Im just confused by what happened I JUST recently upgraded to the MB I was getting a ping also with the MB a few weeks ago I know ping dosent make a difference i just wanna know why or how it shot up and what i can do to bring it back down if possible Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

When i check the local area connection status i found that the received bytes status goes on increasing even when i was idle, it may happen due to virus or spyware so i had also formatted the drive but the issue still persist.

I had disables the automatic updates, block the programs through zone alarm so that they cannot reach the internet and download stuffs in the background.

iam surfing the net through cable modem.
so pls

Relevancy 40.85%

Turned on my laptop today to find that the toolbar, icons, windows, everything have dramatically increased in size. This doesn't seem to be an issue with the resolution because when I change the resolution the display dose change but never goes back to normal. Additionally the screens brightness wont decrease, neither the Fn keys nor control panel solve either one of these problems.

Windows 7, 32bit, Toshiba, I don't know if that info is needed but if knowing specifics would help I'm more then happy to share them.

A:My laptop display has randomly increased

Has the DPI scaling been turned up? Try playing with this setting.DPI Display Size Settings - Change
Also see the power settings to adjust screen brightness paramters depending on the power source, the minimum may have been increased.Power Plan Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296018-my-laptop-display-has-randomly-increased.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Increase display size by Ctrl + mouse wheel up, but it switches back to smaller size randomly (it seems).

I'm using Windows 7 and a Logitech wireless mouse with 27 inch monitor.

E.g., In this forum I Increased the display then entered the thread title, but when I clicked in the message area the display size decreased. Only the left mouse button was used.

I'm also using a Logitech touchpad and the Dragon Naturally Speaking software, but have the same problem with the touchpad off and DNS not running.

A:Increased Display Size Stops

Haven't received any updates in a week - anyone watching.

Still having problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/271244-increased-display-size-stops.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I came to this site originally to get some help on cleaning up my computer and securing it and I currently run avast and malwarebytes I do a lot of reading and not a lot of posting D however recently my computer has slowed down significantly taking time to load even notepad my debit card number was also recently stolen which led me Usage, extremely Increased CPU slow to think that there Increased CPU Usage, extremely slow was some malware on my computer i ve posted the hijack log and i would appreciate ANY help is clearing up this mess it is running so slow that it is hard to even open up two word files at the same time Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan Increased CPU Usage, extremely slow saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System Increased CPU Usage, extremely slow smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exeC Program Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFDriverService exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC WINDOWS system NLSSRV EXEC WINDOWS vVX exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files ThreatFire TFService exeC WINDOWS ehome mcrdsvc exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC WINDOWS ehome EHTray exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www aamc org audienceamcas htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - win ini run C WESTWOOD C amp C INSTICON EXEO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet Network FlashGet universal ComDlls bhoCATCH dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO Mega Manager IE Click Monitor - bf e - a - fd -b - b e c - C Program Files Megaupload Mega Manager MegaIEMn dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet WirelessO - HKLM Run VX C WIN... Read more

A:Increased CPU Usage, extremely slow

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktop Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on it a report called MBRcheck will be on your desktopopen this reportRight click on the screen and select > Select All Press Control+Cnow please copy that report to this threadinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3. report from MBRchecker4.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331782/increased-cpu-usage-extremely-slow/
Relevancy 40.85%

hardware reserved memory on my laptop increased to 4.6gb for no apparent reason.

details: Hp pavillion G6 notebook Processor AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s) bios:BIOS Version Insyde F.6A

installed physicall memory 6gb total physical memory(usable) 1.48gb which was formerly 5.5gb.

As far as i can tell ive updated all drivers and bios,checked that the max memory box in msconfig is unchecked. cant access the locked/hidden options in bios and the regedit page file value change didnt work either. done a system recovery, still no change and i have not opened the laptop physically,because i have not made any physical changes to it since purchase
any new help will be appreciated

A:hardware reserved memory increased

Welcome to sevenforums,

You should put a screenshot here of your Resources Monitor (memory tab) for some being able to help solving your problem.

See if it helps: Virtual Memory Paging File - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/402656-hardware-reserved-memory-increased.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there guys I am running windows Vista bit on a Dell XPS i with GB of Ram Here recently I have been noticing minor slowdowns when I am working in Expression Studio or Visual Studio I have a CPU RAM usage monitor on my sidebar and it usually shows around cpu usage and it spikes up when it does its thing Recently however I have noticed a lot more usage in both CPU and RAM I opened cpu/ram and increased network usage traffic up resource manager and the network activity was off the charts The graphs for quot Disk quot and quot CPU quot were constant spikes at as well I have created a hijack this scan and logfile and wondered if I could get one of the experts to take a look at it and see if there is anything there that they can see Thank in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray increased network traffic and cpu/ram usage exeC Program Files increased network traffic and cpu/ram usage Logitech SetPoint x SetPoint exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USCON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http cs colstate increased network traffic and cpu/ram usage edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - BHO SmartSelect - F EE -DAA - - - D EE A - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dllO - HKLM Run DellSupportCenter quot C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCenterO - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Fil... Read more

A:increased network traffic and cpu/ram usage

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimizedInformation on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/252943/increased-network-traffic-and-cpuram-usage/
Relevancy 40.85%

Sorry about the confusion. My hard drive is a 250gb hard drive. It had 47.8gb used and 185gb of free disk space. All of a sudden I have 185gb used and 47.1gb free disk space??? I have no idea where all that used disk space came from? It makes no sense! I really need some help with this one. Thanks... Zcolor

A:Hard Drive increased by 140gb?

From what you said, the drive had the same space usage "after" as "before".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-increased-by-140gb.867183/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm running into more and more things that don't work any more in Windows 8 that worked perfectly in Windows 7. I'm getting a lot more Access denied messages for things like trying to backup my SeaMonkey profiles, run ERUNT, create folders or files under the \Windows folder structure.

Is there any way to turn off this "enhanced" security or set it to the Windows 7 level? It's driving me nuts and may be the final straw that moves me back to Windows 7.

Taking ownership has no effect.
Granting myself Full Access has no effect.

A:Increased security a definite PITA!

I'm kind of wondering this myself...

But I tried creating folders within the Windows folder with no problem. Sometimes if I don't have access to something, I just use the Take Ownership (I have a .reg entry in the context menu for that) and I will get access to those items no problem. Seems odd that you have those issues.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/13531-increased-security-definite-pita.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello. I recently built a desktop with a Crucial M4 64GB SSD as the boot drive and installed Crucial Ballistix sport 16GB (4 x 4GB) on an Intel DP67DE motherboard.
1 of my memory modules went bad so I removed a pair to return to Crucial for exchange. During that time I ran the remaining 2 memory modules and was therefore at 8GB of RAM. Also during that time I noticed the free space on my SSD was ~25.6GB.
Today I reinstalled the remaining pair of Ballistix bringing the memory back up to 16GB. After that I noticed my SSD free space dropped to ~11.2GB.
Everything is running OK and I use a 1.5TB HDD for storage but I am puzzled as to the loss of 14.4GB of SSD space after increasing the memory.

A:Increased RAM, decreased SSD free space

Have you checked the size of your page file? I have 8 Gbs of RAM on my PC and by default Windows 7 makes the page file the same size as the amount of RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/254018-increased-ram-decreased-ssd-free-space.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello everyone I have a problem as most people with blue screen
which has increased since I put the SSD
Screenshot by Lightshot

A:blue screen problem increased

If anyone can help me what my real problem. would be a great help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/315602-blue-screen-problem-increased.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Is it normal practice for Dell to cancel an order without reason than let one reorder for a higher price I ordered an expensive laptop Precision with a Xeon cpu GB of RAM GB SSD and the highest resolution touch screen Price Euro no delivery cost Then the order increased. canceled Order price get canceled and no reason is given I call customer support and they say there is an undefined configuration problem which I didn t get while ordering Customer rep says sorry but you must reorder online and this will not delay the order Order canceled price increased. much nbsp Alright I think this can happen and I ll just reorder online PROBLEM The same configuration now costs euro and there is a delivery fee of euro I see that the discount is now instead of and the delivery fee is no longer free So I call customer support and they tell me that there is nothing they can do too bad One can only order via the internet and the price is the price This is my third Dell laptop and I also bought a Dell server which may also need replacing nbsp However if this is the way Dell treats it s customers I will not be buying Dell in the future And I will strongly advice others to not buy Dell hardware

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19765489
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

I have configured an XP system for sharing purpose. This system will be accessed by many users simultaneously, due to this sometimes when the number of users increase in accessing this sharing system some of the users were not able to connect to the system as the number of users got increased in accessing system.

So is there any option such that can we increase the number of users accessing list. Let us consider one case i.e. if a system has a limit of 10 users accessing it, can we increase the number of users that is more than 10 to access the system simultaneuously.

Thank you for your valuable time.

Awaiting for the reply.

A:No. of users to access the system can be increased?

Windows XP PRO is limited to 10 connections to get more you need to move up to Windows 2003 or Windows 2008 Server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-of-users-to-access-the-system-can-be-increased.816403/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi

The Start Button does not do much, or so it seems to me.

There is no Start/Programs, no Start/Control Panel, etc.

For example, to get to Windows Update I have to revert to the Metro desktop
then type Windows Update in the search box etc.

Is there a configuration option I have missed?

Cheers

Daniel

A:Can the scope of the Start Button be increased.

Hello Daniel,

You could right click on the Start button for the Power User Tasks menu for more options.
Power User Tasks Menu - Open in Windows 8
You could also customize the Power User Tasks menu.
Power User Tasks Menu (Win + X) - Edit in Windows 8

If you like, here's a shortcut that opens directly to Windows Update.
Windows Update Metro Shortcut - Create in Windows 8

OR

Windows Update Shortcut - Create in Windows 8
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/27373-can-scope-start-button-increased.html
Relevancy 40.85%

No updates or new applications installed, but recently boot time has about doubled, with the longest stretch during the amber (yellow) monitor light on and blank screen after Windows Starting and before the blue splash screen.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Service Pack 1 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name KOKUA
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor, 3400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1005, 8/24/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory D:\Windows
System Directory D:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Time Zone Hawaiian Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 8.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 6.48 GB
Total Virtual Memory 12.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 10.8 GB
Page File Space 4.30 GB
Page File D:\pagefile.sys

A:Boot time has increased with no apparent cause

System logs would probably be most telling as to the cause.
If you follow the directions here
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html
It should wind up giving you a zip file with your app and system logs in it we can look at to try and pinpoint faults etc...

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/250107-boot-time-has-increased-no-apparent-cause.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I installed a 250 gb seagate HD (slave), for use as storage (partitioned as below) - The first, partition is a scratch disk for Photoshop & Illustrator, the second and third are for storage.

But now XP Pro takes much longer to boot than before; just the blinking cursor for about 60 seconds or so.
Anyone have any ideas on why and if it's avoidable?

I read a post about the boot.ini file, but have no idea how it might be edited - I tried reducing the, 'Time to display list of operating systems:' option in 'Startup and Recovery - System Properties' to 5 seconds - with no effect.

specs: XP pro SP2, 1gb ddrRam, 2.8ghz P4, 1x120 gb & 1x250 gb HD.

Thanks!

A:2nd HD added, boot time increased

Nothing should have changed in the boot.ini file to increase boot time by just adding a second hard drive. Having it set to 5 seconds with no change more or less proves that for yourself.

Another easy test would be, when the computer is turned off, unplug the new drive and see if the boot time goes back to the way it was.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2nd-hd-added-boot-time-increased.363532/
Relevancy 40.85%

hardware reserved memory on my laptop increased to 4.6gb for no apparent reason.
details: Hp pavillion G6 notebook Processor AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s)
bios:BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.6A, 13/05/2013
installed physicall memory 6gb total physical memory(usable) 1.48gb which was formerly 5.5gb.
as far as i can tell ive updated all drivers and bios,checked that the maxmemory box in msconfig is unchecked. cant access the locked/hidden options in bios and the regedit page file value change didnt work either. done a system recovery, still no change and i have not opened it because i havnt made any physical changes to it since purchase
any new help will be appreciated

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/hardware-reserved-memory-increased-4611161/
Relevancy 40.42%

The laptop in question on this post is a ThinkPad E with i - U and R M nbsp Recently I updated my E BIOS to the latest version from Am I just imagining or has someone else also noticed that the fan would have got significantly noisier on newer BIOS versions Version states as one of the changes - New Improved smart fan function nbsp Especially when plugged in simply scrolling web pages on noise Increased fan E560 BIOS after update? Firefox often seems to cause the fan to ramp very quickly close to max speed and then quickly back down to low speed off When this happens CPU usage is at max approx and CPU temperature reaches maximum of C according to Core Temp nbsp Personally I find this kind of rapid fan ramping up down the most annoying kind there is The gradual slow change up down on my previous T was much more pleasant I find it odd that a modern ULV CPU would need this kind of quick fan ramping when an E560 Increased fan noise after BIOS update? old T with the hot X GPU would manage to stay just fine and stable without constantly spinning the fan to max speed To be honest I am not entirely pleased with E560 Increased fan noise after BIOS update? the E to begin with as I'm coming from T-series laptop and this fan issue is making me E560 Increased fan noise after BIOS update? even more displeased nbsp nbsp Anything that can be done to the fan behaviour TPFanControl has long since been discontinued and unfortunately doesn't work for the E CPU cooling police is set to passive on power options but that has never seemed to do anything on any computer that I've tried

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/E560-Increased-fan-noise-after-BIOS-update/td-p/3353522
Relevancy 40.42%

I have bought a new Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series (AMD). Everything works fine except one thing.
There is a problem with my dedicated video memory. I have 12go of memory. and the dedicated video memory is only 512MB. I need more dedicated memory. How increase the dedicated video memory?
I shall be very thankful to you if you helped me resolve this issue.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19982839
Relevancy 40.42%

Ok its still happening I m still getting Win messages and this time I found a Book scr file and a Hangame cl trojan which I have deleted Please re check my Hijack log for spyware More Win32 + Virue's and increased Size kernal andm virus l Thanks Marcus It looks like these files and viruee are re instaling please help I have quarenteend the two file with Edwido But Im now worried that my securty passwords are hackable how can I be totally sure that they cannot get into my compter I still running AGv Anti virus plus fire wall and Zone alarm fire wall and Edwido More Virue's and Win32 + kernal Size increased Here is my last HJ file If you need anything else I have had antother report from AVG anti virus that my System WIn files and Kerna have changed in size Isnt this a tell tale sign that Ive been hacked again --------------------------------------------------------- AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report --------------------------------------------------------- Created at PM Scan result C System Volume Information restore A -A - B More Virue's and Win32 + kernal Size increased - FA- B B RP A exe - gt Trojan Hangame cl Cleaned with backup quarantined C System Volume Information restore A -A - B - FA- B B RP A scr - gt Worm Warezov ew Cleaned with backup quarantined Report end Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services More Virue's and Win32 + kernal Size increased exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgfwsrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Ventrilo Ventrilo exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google incredimail com english O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz quot nwiz exe quot install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent quot rundll exe quot bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C ... Read more

A:More Virue's and Win32 + kernal Size increased

Can I ask why no one has helped me with this question Please . Marcus

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/more-virues-and-win32-kernal-size-increased.514179/
Relevancy 40.42%

I had BSOD issues in Windows 8.1 that I am not confident completely resolved, but they did improve greatly. I suspected that a windows update may have addressed the issue that was causing frequent (daily) BSODs. However when I upgraded to Windows 10, the BSODs returned with multiple per day and no discernable pattern other than heavier computer use tends to increase the likelihood. The computer often crashes upon boot though as well. I've seen many different messages associated with the BSODs.

My zip file is attached as requested. Thank you.

I did run SFC and DISM with no issues identified.

A:BSOD greatly increased since Windows 10 upgrade

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

I suggest to run Hardware Diagnostics, starting with the bootable onces.
For the memory test, run MemTest86+ for at least 8 complete passes straight

This is something I see a lot, and there are some 0x1A(MEMORY_MANAGEMENT) with the video memory as possible cause.

Code:
4: kd> k
Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
ffffd000`9e0fe1b8 fffff802`fd212bd5 nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd000`9e0fe1c0 fffff802`fd097c36 nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x3dad5
ffffd000`9e0fe2b0 fffff802`fd1cf5bd nt!MmAccessFault+0x696
ffffd000`9e0fe400 fffff800`c3ebf4a9 nt!KiPageFault+0x13d
ffffd000`9e0fe590 fffff800`c3ebb99c NTFS!TxfAccessCheck+0x79
ffffd000`9e0fe700 fffff800`c3ebb473 NTFS!NtfsAccessCheck+0x24c
ffffd000`9e0fe910 fffff800`c3ebb17b NTFS!NtfsCheckExistingFile+0xd3
ffffd000`9e0fe9b0 fffff800`c3eba875 NTFS!NtfsOpenExistingAttr+0xeb
ffffd000`9e0fea80 fffff800`c3eb7617 NTFS!NtfsOpenAttributeInExistingFile+0x135
ffffd000`9e0fec40 fffff800`c3ee3817 NTFS!NtfsOpenFcbById+0x38b
ffffd000`9e0fed40 fffff800`c3ee182d NTFS!NtfsCommonCreate+0x1fb7
ffffd000`9e0fef50 fffff802`fd1c9037 NTFS!NtfsCommonCreateCallout+0x1d
ffffd000`9e0fef80 fffff802`fd1c8ffd nt!KxSwitchKernelStackCallout+0x27
ffffd000`9df98220 00000000`00000000 nt!KiSwitchKernelStackContinue

Code:
BugCheck 1A, {61948, 400232c3f, 1, 400232c3f}
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_SEGMENT::SafeUnlockPages+20 )
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000061948, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: 0000000400232c3f
Arg3: 0000000000000001
Arg4: 0000000400232c3f

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/32841-bsod-greatly-increased-since-windows-10-upgrade.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I am suffering from an increase in the blue screen appearance but can’t seem to pin it down to any one thing – after several reports from Microsoft suggesting I volunteer to join their research team if I live in Seattle (very annoying) it has started to refer me every time to a recent update that was already installed on this computer at the beginning of the month.
I have supplied the minidump files from the last four crashes which I hope can guide you at least to the general area:

Computer: HP Pavilion a1730n Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor 4600+ 2.40 GHz

purchased earlier this year - added 2GB ram to make total of 4GB – installed Nvidia GeForce 7900GS Graphics card – issues began long after the video card was installed

I run PcCillin Internet Security 2007

Most recently installed software: ID Vault, MS Office Pro 2007

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increased-incidence-of-blue-screen-on-vista.640300/
Relevancy 40.42%

What formula would calculate an increase between two percentages? I need to take into account two separate percentage goals when calculating the most improved percentage.

2.7% to 3.3% using a 2.3% goal
1.3% to 1.9% using a 1.5% goal

Which one has the greatest increase in percentage?

Thanks

Relevancy 40.42%

I have an older desktop and increased my memory from 378mg to 750 mg - I installed PC133 512 mg - - programs are working great - the problem is that I am getting kicked off the internet - it will sometimes reboot the pc when I get kicked off. The pc recognizes the memory. Is there something that I need to do to that Mozilla or Explorer recognizes it? I am running XP pro

Thanks,

Frank

A:Solved: increased memory - getting kicked off internet

I took ram back ... working ... sort of

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-increased-memory-getting-kicked-off-internet.609983/
Relevancy 40.42%

My average page file usage is - mb without running anything CPU Usage goes from - or more causes interupts in both internet and normal pc program usage Multiple iexplorer processees come up with only one browser open Feel I have contracted a bad virus I ran Hiack this but have no usge CPU and Highly Page file Increased idea what it means Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM Highly Increased CPU and Page file usge on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Authentium AntiVirus dvpapi exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files HP DigitalMedia Archive DMAScheduler exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Verizon McciTrayApp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files DISC DISCover exe C Program Files DISC DiscUpdMgr exe C Program Files DISC DiscStreamHub exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - c Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO hpWebHe... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/highly-increased-cpu-and-page-file-usge.863827/
Relevancy 40.42%

I am running WIN Pro bit SP I have GIGs of RAM increased manager Task usage showing nbsp I also have a VMXP which I use rarely I also use IE I have quot Enabled enhanced protective mode quot turned on as well as quot Enable bit protection mode quot both on the advanced tab of Internet options nbsp On the security tab I have quot Enable protected mode quot checked on nbsp I think I understand why two iexplore exe appears in the Task Manager and every time I open another tab another entry appears in the Task manager showing increased usage Task Manager nbsp I believe that the Task Manager entry iexplore exe is the -bit version nbsp But why do I get iexplore exe popping up when I have any tabs open nbsp When I open a tab the used memory goes up but is released very slowly if at all when the extra tab is closed My anti-virus checkers Norton Glary and MalwareBytes show no virus present nbsp I tried to temporarily rename the bit version of iexplorer exe but the system told me that Norton was using it I tried this before I turned on IE nbsp I don't know where in Norton to Task manager showing increased usage repoint it to the -bit version Maybe I don't need to get into that Can anyone explain what is Task manager showing increased usage happening and how to correct the issue if I indeed have one Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6d5f4c5b-9cc3-4353-8006-eca26051b188/task-manager-showing-increased-usage?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 40.42%

My family has bandwidth increasing that Dramatically increased keeps usage been having a problem with our bandwidth since April We ve gone over our bandwidth usage GB every month and have to pay an extra a month due to this I am in Ontario Canada and use Cogeco Right now extra usage is capped at but soon they will be removing the cap which concerns me Our usage seems to be Dramatically increased bandwidth usage that keeps increasing getting higher each month Already the downloads for the first days of August is as follows GB GB GB GB Upload is between - MB per day Mainly we use macbook pros and another Dramatically increased bandwidth usage that keeps increasing laptop on wireless There is also an ipad and iphone that uses some wireless Dramatically increased bandwidth usage that keeps increasing a PC we rarely use and my grandparents watch Chinese television through a cable box connected to the internet However it cannot be an issue with that since when we went on vacation the only usage was from my grandparents watching TV and it was less than GB per day We upgraded our internet plan in April to a mbps GB bandwidth plan I have been trying to figure out the issue for a few months without success No one is downloading uploading anything There are no p p programs running in the background and we close our laptops when we re not using them I mainly use my laptop for skype but recently I stopped doing that as well We also replaced our router recently with a Linksys E Dual Band router use WPA security and have tried changing the password I also have SurplusMeter running on my laptop which says I ve used GB in the last days My sister s laptop PC has Bandwidth Monitor on it and usually runs at MB a day Yet somehow we ve used GB in days Please I would appreciate any help I can get on this matter I ve been trying to figure it out for a while now and don t know where to go from here nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Hey all, My computer suddenly takes 3 and a half minutes to shut down, a week ago it would be less than a minute. Whats going on, and how do i fix it.

Also: Win 7 Premium Home Edition 64Bit, 8gb ram, 1 TB HD, AMD Radeon 5770.
Also: SKYRIM RULES.

A:Shut Down Time Increased? or Slower than Normal.

Demon,

Hello! I have a link you may be interested in that may help speed your computer up. Were there any recent programs you've installed, or updates? What kind of Antivirus do you use, if I may ask.

In other words, what caused this slow-down to the best of your knowledge?

Optimize Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/199833-shut-down-time-increased-slower-than-normal.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I find that removing the side panel of the case allows my CPU to run cooler by 5'C. From 52'C Idle down to 47'C.

Is it possible that extra cooling or better fans than existing will keep it that low with side panel attached? :blush:

A:Summer Weather = Increased Ambient Temps

Yes.

Better room cooling will also keep those temps down. I ran an extra duct from my central AC unit to the room. This room is now as cool as the rest of the house and my temps are pretty consistant.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/summer-weather-increased-ambient-temps.2099/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello,

I recently did a factory reset on my laptop. The problem I have is that the screen turns off after being idle, and the CPU usage increases dramatically afterwards, causing my laptop to overheat while I am away. When I turn the screen back on, my taskbar and "window color" appear white for a few seconds.

I changed the settings in Power Management to "never" and made sure my screen saver was set to "none," but the problem still persists.

Here is a screenshot of my settings:

Am I missing something obvious or do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

A:Screen turns off after being idle, increased CPU usage

This behavior is not normal. Did you ever make a few virus scans - e.g. with Malwarebytes and your AV program.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/356728-screen-turns-off-after-being-idle-increased-cpu-usage.html
Relevancy 40.42%

According to our ISP our internet downloads have increased greatly over the past 6 weeks. We are running Trend Micro Internet Security 2007 (updated daily) which has not detected anything unusual. Regular TM virus/spyware scans are clean. If we turn of the modem then the reported downloads stop, so the ISP download reports are probably correct. The reported daily downloads are usually about 500mb and last for about 12 hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-download-usage-greatly-increased.718193/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello all. New Vista user and I note that when I first boot up, memory consumption is about 16% (I have 8 GB installed). After running awhile the memory use gradually increases to around 28% even though no programs are open and in use. Hard to believe I could have more than two GB in use all the time, even when not actively using any programs and obviously, I'd be in trouble if all I had installed was two GB to start with. Is this normal and if not, how do I begin troubleshooting. Many thanks for any assistance offerred.

A:Gradually increased memory consumption in Vista

If your system runs fine then why bother messing with? RAM is meant to be used. I know we would like to see less RAM used. My computer does the same thing as it starts around 1 gb then quickly goes up to use around 1.4 gb's.

You could use this guide to take away unneeded system processes. Its Black Viper's website and it very useful for running a computer with less resources needed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/gradually-increased-memory-consumption-in-vista-416081.html
Relevancy 40.42%

If you increase the multiplier on an unlocked cpu (intel extreme edition/amd black edition) will that cpu consume more power? Will it produce more heat?

A:Solved: Cpu Multiplier = Increased Power Consumtion?

Well, yes. If the clock speed is increased as a result of changing the multiplier, then the CPU will require more power, and therefore generate more heat.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cpu-multiplier-increased-power-consumtion.789700/
Relevancy 40.42%

Apparently they have updated Windows Live Mail during the holidays. I have set my spam filter on HIGH and I continue getting junk mail in my inbox. I block the senders domain and they STILL get through. I get alot of mail from things like this:
_warranty_expiration_. Lots of underscores. At this point it's getting out of hand. I don't know what to do. Please HELPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

A:Windows Live Mail's Increased SPAM

Originally Posted by helen_108

Apparently they have updated Windows Live Mail during the holidays. I have set my spam filter on HIGH and I continue getting junk mail in my inbox. I block the senders domain and they STILL get through. I get alot of mail from things like this:
_warranty_expiration_. Lots of underscores. At this point it's getting out of hand. I don't know what to do. Please HELPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

Unfortunately, there is only one solution. You must get a new email address. In addition, go to Yahoo, or something similar and open a junk mail account. If you ever have to put your addy online, to register, or get something free, give the junk mail account. Give your real account only to those that you really know and to major companines, in order to get bills, buy airline tickets etc. That is what I have done several years ago and no spam problems. But, every day in my junk mail there are at least a dozen spam emails.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/265534-windows-live-mails-increased-spam.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi guys I own a bought custom built desktop had it for quite a few months now and in recent weeks its slowly started to get more frequent BSOD's though it's never been the most stable pc anyway Here's a rough date timeline with each BSOD BCCode - a - a - a - a - a - a - - a - a - a on increased until BSOD stuck endless loop... attached along with recent quot c quot crash text I looked for solutions a lot of times but they vary so much I did a disk check twice all came out clean apparently and today I followed a tutorial to use the quot verifier quot to check all drivers But that's where things got worse once my pc BSOD increased until stuck on endless loop... restarted and I log in it crashes almost immediately every single time within - seconds and always with a BCCode that I never seen before c I am currently stuck on safe mode to even write this doesn't crash on safe mode but normal it always crashes So I'm stuck with a crippled pc and dont know why its stuck in this crash loop BSOD increased until stuck on endless loop... I attached a couple recent crash text files couple photos of the looping blue screen and the diagnostic zip file

A:BSOD increased until stuck on endless loop...

The C9 errors are Verifier doing its work. It's catching bad drivers and bug checking the system. You'll need to turn that off for the BSOD loop to go away. To turn it off, just open Verifier and select "Delete existing settings" from the menu.

Verifier is crashing because a dispatched IRP is not being serviced correctly.

Your other errors are all caused by page faults or trying to free pool that doesn't exist or doesn't have a correct page table entry. These types of transactions are heavily related to memory, so I would suggest running Memtest86+ overnight. You can google and find the download for it pretty easily.

Let us know what happens after you run MemTest.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325571-bsod-increased-until-stuck-endless-loop.html
Relevancy 40.42%

At some point in the last months my year old son downloaded a game to the quot no games quot laptop When we attempted to use it recently it was extremely slow and random audio increased playing, audio usage Random CPU began playing It sounds like bits of radio advertisements news stories Each bit is short but plays back to back When this occurs the CPU usage climbs up Random audio playing, increased CPU usage to despite no other programs open My husband removed the game amp associated files Before I found your website I installed and ran Malwarebytes and it removed files I thought that had solved the problem but it has returned Internet Explorer also seems to be affected The header where the url and tabs show looks like a film negative The computer seems slower than normal sluggish to respond to clicks and generally acting like a stubborn teen Thank you in advance for your help Charity Here are the results from the scans listed in the forum instructions DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated Random audio playing, increased CPU usage E - ED- F -A - BCB F SP Windows Defender Disabled Random audio playing, increased CPU usage Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DF E - D - BB- B - D E BFDE Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral afc f cfedd STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Dell Dell Wireless WLAN Card WLTRYSVC EXE C Windows system WLANExt exe C Program Files Dell Dell Wireless WLAN Card bcmwltry exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect CommandService exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Dell Dell Wireless WLAN Card WLTRAY EXE C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PrnStatusMX PrnStatusMX exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files x LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect Monitor exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn Roxio Burn exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Progr... Read more

A:Random audio playing, increased CPU usage

Hello and welcome to TSF!
Apologies for the wait. Do you still need help?

I am looking over your logs. If you have not done so already, you may wish to subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Also please note that this forum is very busy; if I don't hear back from you within three days, this thread will be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/random-audio-playing-increased-cpu-usage-714737.html
Relevancy 40.42%

My 160GB hard drive suddenly increased to 2.2TB Im not sure but isnt this impossible. what happened to my hard drive. I can even format the 2TB parttion i havent gone through with it because im afraid this will damage the entire drive here is a screeshot of my disk managment. as you can see my boot drive has several parttions and its only supposed to have 2 one with xp and one with server 2003. I dont even use 2003 at all i was jst to play around with it and i was planning to delete it. if you look at partition S you will see that its over 2000GB. wich is impossible since i only have about 500GB on this PC. is my hard drive failing? what is wrong

Relevancy 40.42%

I'm having similar problems. Since June our usage has increased absolutely hugely, for no apparent reason. Last night we used half a gyg, just sending a few emails. We had a phone line fault at the end of June, which lasted for 5 days, and since then our usage has been absolutely huge, and I don't understand why. We have a 5 gyb a month contract, which has always been ample until now, and all we do is surf and email. And yet in July we used 7.35 gyg, even though we were away for 2 weeks, and my DH was in hospital for the last week of the month. In August we used a massive 13.35 gyg, and in September we have used over 9 gybs. Could this be anything to do with the phone line fault? Is it possible that BT =have done something?

A:broadband data usage increased recently

i have moved your post to a thread of its own - less confusion when answering

I would talk to BT and explain the situation

how many devices do you have on the connection ?

i would install bitmeterII on all the PCs to monitor usage

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,67181-order,1-page,1/description.html
this will measure the usage at each PC - not the network - just the pc its installed on - so you need to add to all pcs to see the usage - assuming your not using an xbox or ps3 connected to the interent for movies etc

but it sounds like a fault with the BT usage if you have been away for 2 weeks and this is not your normal usage

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broadband-data-usage-increased-recently.1019989/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi

My laptop reboot time has increased to a significant amount (about 15-20 secs, earlier it was < 5 secs) after I updated to Windows 8.1.

I am talking about the time it takes to lock screen to appear after I power on the laptop not the time from logging in to desktop visibility. Still I have reduced the number of start-up programs, and its of no use.

How can I reduce this time?

Regards
MH

A:PC reboot time increased after Windows 8.1 update

After installing the upgrade, the waiting time at the boot menu reverts to 30 seconds. You can change this back to, say, 3 seconds through the Msconfig - Boot tab.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33244-pc-reboot-time-increased-after-windows-8-1-update.html
Relevancy 39.99%

A short while ago I had my data backed up onto a new HDD as the old one was showing signs of failing soon When I got the computer back I noticed a problem where I need to constantly hit amp quot Diagnose amp quot in the Wireless Network Connection Status to get my internet working again When it gets into this stage several websites continue to work after new usage stops recognizing increased connections Internet I don t lose my connection to them Some websites I can still connect to without a problem However many websites even google keep giving an error that the host could not be found It appears that it stops accepting new connections until I reset the wireless card My Laptop using wireless and other PC Connected directly have had no issues at all with our wireless router If there is any useful information that I could provide for this situation please let me know ipconfig all maybe The wireless device on this computer is an Atheros a b g n Dualband Wireless EDIT This forum does not preserve my formatting nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I increased Manager-Memory fold 2-4 Task usuage had an upgrade on a program called quot JDownloader og quot And I noticed the speed was much slower than normal When it ran it would usually take up about then suddenly when it s running now it runs at mem usage Then I Task Manager-Memory usuage increased 2-4 fold noticed that simple programs such as Ad-Aware which normally ran at - tops mem usage I complained to them and they said that was the normal speed but I told them mine always ran at - and then I noticed the other numbers and flipped out I ve had this computer for several years and NEVER did simple process use up even of what they are using up now My Eset AV Firewall was always the highest user of memory EKRN at now it s - But it s more the smaller programs that would run at - have all jumped up Task Manager-Memory usuage increased 2-4 fold to - and I have no idea why or how to fix it Also I now notice that I can t do multiple Task Manager-Memory usuage increased 2-4 fold tasks with the same speed as previously Maybe I caught a virus Something major changed I check Task Manager at least once-twice a week I ve never seen numbers even close to this Just wanna let you know that Eset Smart Security is a RAM eater but Ad-aware only when doing scans now it s at and it s just sitting there live And the numbers on all the others are way off I have MBAM AD-AWARE ESET RegCure Spybot all coming up clean except days ago Ad-Aware came up two days in a row with a level something about quot remote control of user quot so I deleted that and a few others the next day it came up again but then it stopped I m surprised Eset didn t catch it or MBAM I hope you can advise me on what to do And I hope you can see the screen shot too Thank you Window s XP PRO SP Intel Duo Core Processore X ghz gigsRAM ROM Cable ModemBelow is a screen shot of my TASK MANAGER with everything at rest except your website and photobucket Thank you very much JCatGuy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265191/task-manager-memory-usuage-increased-2-4-fold/
Relevancy 39.99%

http://www.windowscentral.com/hp-sure-view-first-integrated-pc-privacy-screen?utm_medium=slider&utm_campaign=navigation&utm_source=wp
Looking at the sureview idea, it sounds nice but a determined person could still get some info from the pc, right? Take out your phone, put in manual mode, raise the exposure levels and the low light becomes average light and then you take the photo

A:HP Sure view - what if someone captured a photo and increased the brightness or exposure?

possibly, but even then, what would the quality be? take it from a distance and even after zooming and lightening the image, how readable will it be? if you want to "sneak" a picture of someone's screen, you will make it freaking obvious....

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437226-hp-sure-view-what-if-someone-captured-photo-increased-brightness-exposure.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Synopsis If anyone knows how to make Virtual PC recognize my current won't Solved: RAM. physical PC Virtual recognize newly increased RAM available I sure would be appreciative Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Solved: Virtual PC won't recognize newly increased physical RAM. Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Hi I ve got A virtual PC set up running Win XP which allows me to continue using an older version of QuickBooks Pro and works very well Recently I upgraded the memory on my physical machine from GB to GB Shortly after I tried to allocate more memory to the Virtual PC running Win XP and I noticed it indicates only MB is available When I typed in into the selection box I got a warning If you allocate more than MB of RAM to this virtual machine the computer might experience performance issues When I typed in into the selection box I got a warning You cannot allocate more than MB of RAM to the virtual machine So my guess is that when I installed Windows Virtual PC it did a check to see how much RAM my physical computer had and now works with that static value when Ideally it should dynamically check the physical machine s RAM count whenever a virtual PC settings dialog is opened I wonder what if the opposite thing happened to my computer somehow Suppose I downgraded my computer from the original GB to GB Would the virtual PC settings dialog still allow me to allocate up to MB Anyway if anyone knows how to make Virtual PC recognize my current RAM available I sure would be appreciative Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Virtual PC won't recognize newly increased physical RAM.

Virtual PC cannot use any more than 4 GB of RAM, this is because VPC only supports 32 bit guests. If you need to use more ram, then you need to switch to a 64 bit virtual environment such as Hyper-V.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-virtual-pc-wont-recognize-newly-increased-physical-ram.1050244/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi everyone,

I'm having a very odd situation here and was hoping someone can explain.

I just installed Vista SP 1 on my machine. I have 2 internal hard drives, each 160 GB. The C drive had about 42 GB free before install. Installation just finished and I now have 59 GB free on that drive! I did a quick check and can't find any files or software missing at first glance, and nothing has changed with the second HD. Does anyone have any idea whether this is normal? Has it happened before? I could see gaining a few MB but 17 GB seems almost impossible. Didn't run Disc Cleanup or Defrag or anything either.

Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,

The font size in "right click" drop down menus/drive directories/text on desktop has all increased in size. I did not do this intentionally (or at all). How do I decrease the font size in these areas?

Thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/font-size-increased-in-drop-down-menus-how-to-decrease.1164167/
Relevancy 39.99%

Just read this article re a Symantec report on the increase in "highjacking":

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6465833.stm

{redoak}

A:Solved: Highjacking has increased markedly- Symantec report

Obviously, this is of little interest. Thus, I have closed the Thread.
{redoak}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-highjacking-has-increased-markedly-symantec-report.553156/
Relevancy 39.99%

]Changed my CMOS battery and now my usable memory has decreased by 512MB and shared memory has increased by 512MB. All the BIOS setting haven't changed. Did a search of this site and tried suggested BIOS changes (decrease video memory) and still no luck. How do I get my usable memory back?

This use to say 3.5 usable.

A:Shared Memory Increased after CMOS Battery Change

Have a good look through the bios for a setting called "Memory hole remapping" or something similar and if it is disabled, enable it.

Changing the battery can and usually will cause the bios to reset, and that is one setting that depending on the motherboard in most cases is set to disabled and needs to be enabled to use/see more than 4 GB of ram in 64 bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/82592-shared-memory-increased-after-cmos-battery-change.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Asus q5501l, installed a 120gig sad as the main operating system. I tried to download Windows 10 and kept on getting a USB error message so I researched it and found something about increasing the partitions incentives ssds tend to small partitions or something of thst nature, so I did that and now it won't boot.

I want to reinstall my old hard drive and install Windows 10 but if I wanted to try to restore my ssd on the main partition how do indo that?

A:Increased partition size, computer doesn't boot.

Quote: Originally Posted by Delta808

if I wanted to try to restore my ssd on the main partition how do indo that?

You would remove the old hard drive, install the SSD, and then use your install media to install Windows onto the SSD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/377966-increased-partition-size-computer-doesnt-boot.html