Windows Support Forum

Computer won't boot, faulty CPU or motherboard?

Q: Computer won't boot, faulty CPU or motherboard?

I just put together a computer and it won t work After connecting everything to the computer and i tried to turn it on it would turn on the power LED for or boot, motherboard? won't Computer faulty CPU about second then turn off I can see the power supply fan start to turn but then it just stops when the LED goes Computer won't boot, faulty CPU or motherboard? out I have disconnected the fans memory HDD DVD drive the only thing connected is the processor and power and it did the same thing I have tested the power supply with a power supply tester and that shows up to be Computer won't boot, faulty CPU or motherboard? just fine when I take out the processor the light stays on just fine when i put the processor back in it does it again does this mean that the processor is dead or does it mean that there is a short or some kind of damage to the motherboard the motherboard is refurbished so maybe it s not in the best shape nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer won't boot, faulty CPU or motherboard?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer won't boot, faulty CPU or motherboard?

what are you hardware specifications?

everyting, Cpu, motherboard, psu, gpu, ram,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-boot-faulty-cpu-or-motherboard.130936/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I m having some trouble with my computer I have Windows XP installed but I wanna install Ubuntu and Vista only because of DX of course I ve tried to boot from the Vista DVD and it recognizes it as a bootable disc but after it asks quot press any key to boot from disc quot and I press a key the screen just turns black However when I updated the firmware for my NEC ND- A drive it does run the installation but extremely slowly Every step in the installation process takes mins to load The Ubuntu installation CD boot problem motherboard? faulty - comes as far as the screen where you choose whether to install verify the disc contents and so on However clicking on any of these will load the kernel but the screen will turn black after that So it sounds like the problem was the DVD drive right It s not though because I CD boot problem - faulty motherboard? just bought a SATA DVD drive today the old one was IDE which have the same problem So the problem is not the drive or the IDE SATA channels What do you think nbsp

A:CD boot problem - faulty motherboard?

Could you please list which parts (model numbers processor type and speed etc, etc) comprise your computer or the make and model number if it's a Dell, HP, Gateway or such?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-boot-problem-faulty-motherboard.89990/
Relevancy 68.8%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi , 

With recent upgrade of Windows 10 upgrade, my computer XPS 2710 totally black out.  I have been told that mother board is gone and have to replace. With the replacement Mother Board , I think I am required to re-install the Windows 8  and I think it will ask for a Product key , since it is a replacement mother board. Please advise, with the faulty motherboard, forced to replace the Motherboard. how will be go with the reinstallation of Windows 8.   With so many details in the forum about the faulty motherboard of XPS 2710 just because of the Windows 10 upgrade. I am planning to fall back to Window 8 with the replacement mother board, pleaser advise.

Regards,
Sathish.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19679535
Relevancy 57.62%

I upgraded a pc today with new motherboard, ram, amd 3100 and case. I know the ram is working fine and i know the case and power are working fine. When i put it all together my cpu fan is turning but nothing else is happening, not sure if it is my cpu or my motherboard, or alternatively something else. Anyone got any good ideas to try?
any advice would be most appriciated.
Cheers

A:how can i tell if my motherboard is faulty or my cpu?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You did use standoffs when fitting the new mobo didn`t you?

Make sure that the mobo isn`t shorting against the case anywhere.

Is the heatsink properly connected, and did you use thermal paste?

Disconnect anything not required to boot your system.

Does the computer attempt to post?

Try booting with just the mobo/cpu/ram if you then get beeps, start adding the other components one at a time untill your system doesn`t try and post.

If this is a completely different mobo to your last one. You will need to run a Windows repair on your hard drive, because your hard drive will have all the drivers for your old mobo.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-tell-if-my-motherboard-is-faulty-or-my-cpu.35712/
Relevancy 56.76%

The motherboard on my friends PC is completely gone, but the data on the hard disk is needed on a new one.

What's the best way to copy data off an old HDD when the new PC is set up?

All details, or pointers, much appreciated.

A:Faulty motherboard, but want to copy HDD

You can just take the old hard drive and hook it up inside the new computer, be sure to get the correct jumper settings. The old one is likely jumpered to Master, so if its not going on its own seperate IDE ribbon you'll need to set it to slave.

After that its just a matter of finding the files that you want copied over. There is a chance you will run into ownership issues and not have access to the directories in which the files are contained. If that is the case please read: How to solve ACCESS DENIED error when accessing data from different XP/2000 install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-motherboard-but-want-to-copy-hdd.63179/
Relevancy 56.76%

I bought my Lenovo G500 and after 15 MONTHS it would not switch on. I have had it assesed and it has come back as a faulty motherboard. The shop I purchased it from says Lenovo should sort it out as it was out of warranty (12 months).Has anyone had this experience is it a known fault?

A:G500 Faulty Motherboard

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry to hear of the failing motherboard.  I'm not an owner of your model, but if the laptop is out of warranty you can have it serviced anywhere for a motherboard replacement.  I am surprised the shop didn't quote you an estimate for repair.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G500-Faulty-Motherboard/td-p/2230348
Relevancy 56.76%

I've had this problem for a couple years now and given the situation it's more an issue of pride than necessity still I feel like an ass to be unable to get to the bottom of it Originally the system was i k Asrock H M-S gb g skill related) Motherboard CPU or is x16 (PCI-E faulty ram hd ocz w modular Never overclocked cpu because h fast forward to two years later and after the regularly scheduled hardware cleaning and your friendly neighbourhood power mass outage psu starts acting up and the only pcie x slot dies The rig doesn't even post with the card in it or it boots as if there's nothing in that slot black screen with hdd led flashing up as if it's loading the OS After spending days trying other cards and confirming they all work somewhere else I just Motherboard or CPU is faulty (PCI-E x16 related) decide to upgrade the system which becomes i k Asus z -a gb kingston hyper x hd later became gtx thermaltake berlin w Mobo is crossfire-ready slot sandy bridge max and a x slot below Top slot doesn't work from the get-go literally the same as the older faulty mobo Unfortunately I had to wait two weeks for the psu to build the rig so in the meantime I lose right of withdrawal and they tell me quot tough you gotta deal with warranty quot which means buying another motherboard shipping the broken card is on me wait days for asus all with the risk of getting a refurbished motherboard for nothing Meanwhile I checked everything other OS no peripherals breadboarding heatsink psu bent pins bios updates disabling igpu pcie gen settings etc short of trying the cpu somewhere else found NOBODY with over an entire year Now since the bottom slot works flawlessly southbridge-controlled not the cpu and I read that as unlikely as that sounds it can happen for one part of the cpu to malfunction while the rest lives on I started suspecting it could be the pcie part of the cpu that died The cpu doesn't overheat never a bluescreen it can even take overclock up to ghz without fail supports any stress test with good scores including unigine at max detail alongside my new without crashing or breaking down except somewhat lower score I guess due to x Before you ask no the problem appeared long before I even started overclocking the cpu Two final things I might have forgotten quot take out the ram and let the speaker beep if it doesn't then it doesn't post and it's the motherboard quot I had an old speaker but it's broken now When I put two gpu in the two slots video hooked to secondary pcie or even igpu the system boots fine and this is what I have with card in and out albeit in doesn't show in any software for those who can't see pictures x with card in not present with card out

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/396710-motherboard-cpu-faulty-pci-e-x16-related.html
Relevancy 56.76%

HP Notebook 15-n215si motherboard blew just 1 month out off warranty. Need to get Data of HDD but with this HP Protectsmart you cant see any data on hdd when connecting it to another pc. Is there any solution to get data off this hdd? S/N off Notebook is 5CD4251PCJ. Would appreciate help. Thank you very much. 

A:Faulty motherboard - Need to get data of HDD but with this ...

Protectsmart is not drive encryption it is an accelerometer that parks the drive head if the laptop is dropped. Should not affect the ability of the hard drive to be used as an external on another system. How are you trying to do this and what happens when you do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Faulty-motherboard-Need-to-get-data-of-HDD-but-with-this-HP/td-p/5705734
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I just recently put together a new system with the core components been a GA-p -DS Motherboard from Gigabyte and the new E Wolfdale CPU s Other components included GB of Corsair Dual Channel Memory XFX GTS Graphics Card W Coolermaster PSU Thermaltake Soprano DX Case Hard - Build Problems Motherboard Else? Possible or Faulty New Something Disk etc Now the problem was everything connected but New Build Problems - Possible Faulty Motherboard or Something Else? nothing would start not make a sound nor even flicker a lil light Once we did manage to get it to work it was found that the CPU fan would not start immediatly rather there was a delay from - seconds After some investigating it was found that the CPU fan delay problem was fixed by moving the connector from CPU FAN to the SYS FAN port on the mobo Furthermore the not-starting-at-all-issue was fixed by simply not including the sound AC- or optional HD from the case external connection for headphones etc onto the motherboard It appeared that it had an effect similar to short-circuiting the whole thing Thus after these two issues were resolved ie change of port and excluding sound the system ran fine and has been doing so as i install everything The question i wanted to ask was Are these problems because of a faulty motherboard fingers crossed its not and if so can the faultiness further affect the remainder of my components within time OR Are these problems because of potential incompatibility with the board and the E as i ve heard some gossip and requires a BIOS update If so where can such a thing be found I thank you for any help in advance as this problem has been worrying me sick A lot of money for a new system that i definitely don t want KAPUT Thanks nbsp

A:New Build Problems - Possible Faulty Motherboard or Something Else?

A BIOS update would be available on the Gigabyte website.
But IMO, RMAing the motherboard would be better in case you encounter further problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-problems-possible-faulty-motherboard-or-something-else.98734/
Relevancy 56.33%

Only my second post apologies if wrong section Recently rebuilt a Windows based 'server' backup storage facility using a brand new AMD FX- Gigabyte GA- A-DS P and Corsair XMS x Gb Mhz Problem came when motherboard build faulty CPU on ? Memory, new or I tried to install Windows Unit kept freezing just after the small dots start the circle Tried swapping them around tried putting them in the other slots always led to install freezing Then tried removing one of the sticks so I was running on a single Gb stick and Windows install suddenly ran with no problems Once Win was installed Memory, motherboard or CPU faulty on new build ? and running I tried swapping the 'good' stick for the 'faulty' stick Not surprisingly Win froze just after the dots start to circle At this point I was thinking quot ok dodgy stick of ram need to send it back quot I then decided to run Memtest just to find out what the fault was Ran Memtest on the 'good' stick so i would know what to look for Swapped the sticks over and ran Memtest on the 'faulty' stick I got exactly the same 'pass' result as the 'good' stick I then put both sticks in again and ran Memtest a third time Both sticks passed all the tests I will mention at this point that I tried also running my Macrium Reflect Recovery Disk which is based on WinPE and that also froze I then decided to try the Corsair XMS x Gb sticks I had in another unit Not surprisingly stick and Windows booted but with both sticks Windows froze I am now thinking motherboard is also faulty I then tried my new sticks in the other machine and got the same result 'good' stick Windows runs 'faulty' stick or both sticks and Windows freezes Suggests faulty ram stick but if it's faulty why is Memtest passing it when windows can't even boot I don't want to send the memory back for a replacement only to find out the motherboard is also faulty but I don't want to send both back if nothing is wrong with the motherboard Does anyone know of any other testing software or other things I can try which will help me narrow down what is faulty or do I just send all components back on the basis all of them are faulty

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/69482-memory-motherboard-cpu-faulty-new-build.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi Guys I have an Intel Pentium D Ghz Overheating or CPU issue:Motherboard faulty? an intel D GZis MotherBoard an I ball W SMPS Mb DDR Mhz RAM I m having Overheating issues with my system It started in around August after i removed my CPU and heatsink to clean the dust After that my v x connector got burnt So i got my SMPS replaced But my room used to get hot when i used my system So i checked the CPu temp in the BIOS it was going upto C SO i tried re-installing the fan it came down to C but that is also much high And when i used to play games like NFS underground with all the graphics details turned off temp used to shoot uptp - So i stopped playing the games But soon after i faced the same problem the same v X connector got burnt again So i got my SMPS replaced and this time i got my motherboard tested from a local tech and he told me ur m b is faulty so i bought a new one Overheating issue:Motherboard or CPU faulty? a gigabyte EG M-S m b and he asked me to call Overheating issue:Motherboard or CPU faulty? intel and get it replaced as my intel m b is still in warranty Now i called them they asked me to follow some steps i followed them like gt Updating BIOS gt applying the grey thermal paste which intel sent me through courier the temp got down but still its starts with - c and according to intel max temp my cpu should go is till c Beyond that i don t know I ve tried it on different m b gigabyte one and its giving me a normal temp of c on it SO i m confused that is my CPU also faulty as i beleive there is a fault in my motherbaord Please guide nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I've been having issues with my old gaming PC and I would like to either replace or upgrade the components but I'm not sure what the issue is Here's a list of what happened - - years ago I was experiencing BSODs on PC boot so I decided to check each ram individually to see if one of them its causing the problem So I found that sticks were faulty so I removed them and I was left with GB ram - months ago Motherboard or Power Faulty Supply? I tried to turn on the PC and it was shutting down after seconds or it wouldn't even start at all no signs Faulty Motherboard or Power Supply? of power - So I decided to disassemble everything and clean my dusty fans there was a lot of dust inside the power supply and tried to boot again This time the PC was booting but with no display - So I removed everything expect the CPU Cooler and fans and tried to boot again Still no display no beeps and fans were spinning Is it safe to assume that my motherboard is bad Is there any other way to test it to make sure Because if it's the motherboard I might be replacing the whole system unless its the power supply that's faulty so I could replace it with a cheap one at the moment and upgrade the PC later Specs OS Windows bit CPU AMD Phenom tm II X Processor Motherboard ASUS M A TD-V EVO Memory GB DDR SDRAM Graphics Cards ATI Radeon HD MB x Cooling H corsair Hard Drives WDC WD AALS- L B ATA Device GB IDE x

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/390048-faulty-motherboard-power-supply.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I have used ASUS P Q-EM my Is after motherboard damaged my faulty RAMs? motherboard since January It had GB a couple of paired x kits Corsair Mhz RAM dual-channel It had infrequent crashed which I was unable to determine what was the cause I installed them Is my motherboard faulty after damaged my RAMs? in pairs Is my motherboard faulty after damaged my RAMs? Two weeks ago Windows highlighted that st kit of x RAM was faulty which are replacing Two days ago nd set of x became faulty too I discovered that Is my motherboard faulty after damaged my RAMs? those are compatible to asus p q-em motherboard if properly applied according to the ASUS mobo manual guide P Q-EM Manual So I got replacements for those faulty RAMs which I will sell them off and buy x kits of RAM in total GB which works in xpairs with the accordance to the manual Corsair RAMs I used are dual channel kits but does not work in pair on my mobo which caused instability and damaged my RAMs According to the manual it can be used a single channel only I learnt the hard way that a certain paired kits of RAM does not always works on dual channel mobo eg corsair twin dominator CM X - C D So i had to get RAMs that support modules which meets the asus mobo manual's compatibility list inserted into blue amp black slots as two pairs of Duel-channel memory configuration eg x kits of Geil GX GB C UDC works on Asus p q em mobo I found RAMs are faulty by using memtest and windows diagnostic test But how do I determine that my mobo is not faulty and wont affects my new RAMs Can faulty RAMs affects my mobo Thanks kindly in advance M

A:Is my motherboard faulty after damaged my RAMs?

Althoug Time Consuming, the best method would be:

1) Remove All RAM from the system

2) Insert the 1st module in the very first DIMM slot.
Test & record the results.

3) Remove the module and set aside, and put in the next module
(Still in the very first DIMM slot and still only 1 RAM module)
Test & record the results.

4) Repeat until you have tested all RAM modules in the Motherboards first DIMM slot.

At this point you may have all of them Pass, Fail, or a combination of both.

keep things organized and recorded so you know which failed, or passed in that slot.

Move to DIMM slot 2, testing a single RAM module (repeating step 1 & 2)

Continue the process onto DIMM 3 and 4 etc.

This process will help you pinpoint if it is in fact a RAM issue, or a MOBO issue.

For example, if Module 2 fails in every slot, but Modules 1,3 & 4 pass .... Then Module 2 is likely defective.

If all 4 modules pass in say DIMM slot 1,2 & 4, YET Fail in DIMM slot 3 ... The RAM is fine, but the Motherboards DIMM slot 3 may be defective.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/112392-my-motherboard-faulty-after-damaged-my-rams.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Last year i built a computer with an intel DG tl motherboard quad core q processor and seagate barracuda hard drive From the Solved: Motherboard Hard or Drive Faulty beginning Vista seemed to be having alot of problems but didnt think anything of it cause well its vista The problems were windows explorer stopped working this happened alot alot So recently ive been having problems with booting up it freezes before windows can reach the log in stage Sometimes if i let it sit a few days and replug Solved: Faulty Motherboard or Hard Drive in the SATA it will load up but eventually crashes It does alot of memory dumping too And i have changed the SATA cable ive tried that already So my question is do you think Solved: Faulty Motherboard or Hard Drive it is the motherboard or the Hard drive Ive already ruled out vista i really doubt its that My assumtion is that it is the motherboard i did some research and found out other people had problems with the board too If there is any questions that will help narrow down the possibility of whats wrong feel free to ask Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello Just recently one of my hard drive Not the primary drive started to give problems Occassionaly it did not appear in the list of drives nor in computer management storage Disk management either When it was available I tried to copy the essential data from it but it only remained available for - Minutes before quot disappearing quot I found a logfile cannot remember which one which listed some Fail? Beginning Or Motherboard Faulty Disk To Hard drive controller errors I do not know if this refers to controllers on the hard drive or controllers on Faulty Hard Disk Or Motherboard Beginning To Fail? the motherboard In any case I removed the drive and installed Faulty Hard Disk Or Motherboard Beginning To Fail? it in a USB caddy Now the drive seems to work fine - Faulty Hard Disk Or Motherboard Beginning To Fail? no disappearing and no problems copying the data from it I should be happy that I have recovered the data but am left not knowing the following Should I discontinue use of the drive or is it stable now it is in a caddy Was this a sign of impending motherboard failure and should I be preparing to replace the machine I e document all installed software find all the installation disks files backup data etc Are there areas of log files I can check to ascertain what was going on The computer is an ACER Veriton M running Windows professional with an AMD Athlon II X processor Gb Thanks Roy nbsp

A:Faulty Hard Disk Or Motherboard Beginning To Fail?

Have a look over here.
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000446.htm

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/faulty-hard-disk-or-motherboard-beginning-to-fail.304902/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello Today I was replacing a fan in my computer I turned on the computer to test if it worked When it worked I unplugged the power cord instead of shutting down the computer idiot I think in doing so I fried something From that point forward every time I hit the power button on the front of the computer the light comes on for the power button but absolutely nothing else happens The fans don t turn on The power supply fans don t even start It s like a completely dead computer aside from that power button light Thinking it was a dead power supply it s pretty new only about months old I took my computer into a local computer shop to have it tested The guy said before he had Motherboard Possible Issue? Won't Computer Boot. a chance to test the power supply he got it to boot into Windows three times with no problems I took the computer back home and of course when I tried to start it nothing happened It did exactly what I described before I made sure the graphics card was placed snuggly and tried to start it again It booted like normal I thought I found the problem except that the computer ran for about minutes and then just suddenly shut down- like the power cord had been pulled Since then I haven t gotten it to boot Not even to bios No fans Only that power button light I ve removed each RAM chip I have individually and that didn t solve the problem either I ve checked all connections Everything s placed right and snug Any suggestions are much appreciated -Capnbob nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Before posting my problem i want to congrat the team for keeping this forum a great forum I know it seems like quot omg one guy registers to this forum just to get the answer and never come back again quot that's exactly what you might think but i will try my best to keep myself active here now the problem The thing is that my computer Freezes Computer boot! Motherboard at freezes at motherboard boot i turn it on and it beeps once and freezes I can't even press F Tab or any key it just wont do Computer Freezes at Motherboard boot! anything But my problems started when I bought a new gfx card and computer used to reboot when I started to play games later I found out that I had a W power suply and the requirement for gfx card was w After a few days my computer was freezing at motherboard menu '' any clue what it might be ' motherboard powersupply ' thank you in advance and merry Xmas

A:Computer Freezes at Motherboard boot!

Do you still have the other video card? If so try to use that one. If it still has problems then it is your motherboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-at-motherboard-boot-442852.html
Relevancy 52.03%

This is a long one I apologize but I m trying to Computer Boot! Won't Motherboard fried? give as much detail as possible and I hope someone can follow I think either my motherboard or power supply is toast A few weeks ago my computer started shutting off randomly while playing games Then it started getting progressively worse and turning off at any time sometimes immediately after booting sometimes several minutes after boot Sometimes it wouldn t even get past BIOS Computer Won't Boot! Motherboard fried? before crashing I suspected it was my ATI Radeon X XL graphics card because the Computer Won't Boot! Motherboard fried? ATI graphic utility program would pop up with an error before the computer crashed sometimes So I reinstalled the drivers and that didn t fix the problem I even reformatted the computer and then reinstalled the drivers and that didn t fix the problem So I picked up a NVidia GeForce GT OC graphics card The computer was better with the new card but still shut off randomly A couple days after getting the new graphics card Computer Won't Boot! Motherboard fried? my computer finally shut off and wouldn t turn back on at all I would hit the power button on the front of the computer and the little power light would come on but nothing else would happen The power supply fan wouldn t even kick on so I figured it was my power supply This made sense too because I still had the stock watt crap-o power supply that came with the Gateway computer and I discovered the ATI Radeon X called for at least W I bought a new Cooler Master W power supply After I installed that the computer booted normally and performed problem-free with the new Nvidia card in it for a couple weeks However it still did the same thing where it wouldn t even boot into BIOS with the ATI card I assumed that the previous power supply being insufficient had toasted my ATI card I sent it off to ATI for repair replacement I just got the ATI card back from service today I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers put the ATI card back into the computer and again it wouldn t boot The power supply fan doesn t even turn on Assuming they just failed to fix the card I put the Nvidia card back in and the computer is doing the same thing The computer also won t boot from the onboard graphics card with neither card in I don t know where to go from here It seems like it could be the power supply considering last time it did this I had to replace it but at the same time I don t see how it could be the power supply because it s brand-new and why would putting the ATI card back in suddenly make it fail If it s not the power supply then I d guess it to be the motherboard I don t know where to go from here Any help is greatly appreciated -Capnbob nbsp

A:Computer Won't Boot! Motherboard fried?

Capnbob said:

I donít know where to go from here. Click to expand...

You go to the beginning. If you don't have a power supply tester, take the tower into a shop and have the power supply tested, it only takes about 10 minutes.

Because it's only a few weeks old really doesn't mean much. I've seen power supply's defective out of the box brand new. Power supply's may last an hour, a day, a week, a month, a year or several years.

IF the unit you purchased was a COOLER MASTER eXtreme RP-500-PCAR ATX from factor 12V V2.01 this is a very low end power supply. IF this is the unit you have, and it tests bad look for a better quality unit.

Good quality power supply's to consider are PC Power & Cooling, OCZ, Zippy, Silverstone, Antec, Seasonic, Enermax, Thermaltake.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-boot-motherboard-fried.629803/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I desperately need help I honestly Boot Computer Changing After Motherboard Won't feel like everything I do in this situation is just a useless struggle against technology I am fairly educated in tech and have tried so so so so many solutions and all have failed PLEASE HELP My Toshiba Satellite C would no longer charge when plugged in said it was charging but the battery just kept ticking down so went down the many avenues of that path Computer Won't Boot After Changing Motherboard new drivers new jack found out after of meaningless repairs it was the motherboard Got a new motherboard for I ve taken apart computers several times and pieced them Computer Won't Boot After Changing Motherboard back together absolutely fine did the same with this made sure it was the Computer Won't Boot After Changing Motherboard exact correct part hooked it all up and turned it on here comes the fun part It will not boot to wndows it just keeps returning me to boot screen or BIOS and even when trying to boot it from a USB with Windows installed on it it just keeps restarting itself over and over I have two of these Toshiba satellites and they both have the same charging issue so I can download all software on one and then try and make it run the other BUT IT DOES NOT WORK to make sure I even tried booting my other Toshiba Satellite with the USB windows function and oh it was ever so fine with that but no not the one with the new motherboard it just restarts goes to bios restarts after you exit goes to bios shows you toshiba splash screen aaaaaannnnd restarts again that is when I set it to the USB boot priority setting it to the HDD priority boot order just keeps asking quot please select proper boot device quot over and over Am I just honestly doomed have I seriously just wasted half a grand trying to fix this computer only to figure out the holy grail to the problem and be denied by a complete and illogical refusal to boot to windows Please I m begging anyone out there tell me what I need to do to fix this and I swear to god if someone gives me an actual fix my first born child goes to you I ve been fighting this machine for months and I just want to smash it into fragments of dust please I m seriously begging for help someone out there be smart enough to help me nbsp

A:Computer Won't Boot After Changing Motherboard

I've edited your post for profanity. Please be more careful in the future as this is a family friendly site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-boot-after-changing-motherboard.1162517/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Yes I know it s Christmas My apologies for a call boot. Motherboard? won't Computer Solved: for HELP if anyone is out there now When I the power button Solved: Computer won't boot. Motherboard? on my PC this morning the POST screen only went so far and hung The text displayed was as follows Award Modular BIOS v PG An Energy Star Ally Copyright C - Award Sortware Inc Intel P BIOS for P -S G F Main Processor Intel R Core tm Duo CPU E GHz X lt CPUID FPatch ID gt Memo That s where it stopped quot Memo quot right there No keyboard availablity of course no indication that the RAM was identified fuctioning I ve tried taking each Gb RAM module out in turn to see if eith module had failed but there was no change to the displayed text RAM modules were made by Corsair The Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-P -S G I unplugged all cables to the PC except logitech mouse keyboard combo wireless USB display and power lead This also made no difference What procedure should I follow to Solved: Computer won't boot. Motherboard? establish the nature of the problem Thanks Tim nbsp Solved: Computer won't boot. Motherboard?

Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys Trying to help my parents Computer Motherboard won't beeps? boot. with their computer that won t boot up A couple of days ago Computer won't boot. Motherboard beeps? it stopped booting up and it started to beep loudly I ve checked it out now and from what I can Computer won't boot. Motherboard beeps? tell it s one short beep followed by a longer one Then it pauses for a few seconds and starts over with one short and one long and this goes on in a continuous loop I don t know if it s of any importance but all the fans run on full blast also The motherboard says AMIBIOS and I ve tried to find a beep code that matches http www bioscentral com beepcodes amibeep htm but nothing seems to match Maybe I m interpreting the beeps wrong but I don t think so No new hardware have been installed or anything like that So if anyone could shed some light on this I would really appreciate it Let me know if you need any more hardware info and I ll try to find it Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I just installed a new asus motherboard. Fired up computer, fan and lights would go but no signal to the monitor. Have tried a few diffirent things with no luck. Please help! New motherboard! Thanks, Matt

A:Computer wont boot after installing new motherboard.

Ok based on you telling us nothing but the brand name of the mobo, there is really not much to say back except reseat the ram if you are using any(I wouldn't know), and the video card if it has one...cut back to board, 1 ram stick, psu plugs (usually 2), and video and see wwhat happens. You have board mounted on standoffs right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-boot-after-installing-new-motherboard.471267/
Relevancy 51.6%

I replaced the mother board on my white box. I replaced a Intel d850m with a new d850emv board. When I startup the PC, the computer cycles through the Intel Pentium screen shot to No Input and then to my selection of either startup in safe mode, safe mode with networking, last know good config, etc. However still cannot boot. I went into BIOS, but cannot adjust the setting (It is greyed out) from what it is says is a 2.0 Gig processor to the acutal processor of 1.7 Ghz.

A:Replaced Motherboard - Computer cycles but cannot boot

Clear CMOS and see if you can get into BIOS and make the necessary changes.

Anytime you change motherboard, unless it's replaced by an identical one, it is always necessary to do a clean install of Windows XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replaced-motherboard-computer-cycles-but-cannot-boot.240714/
Relevancy 51.6%

So i recently changed my old motherboard to a asrock h61m-vg4 and my old videocard to a asus gtx 760 and the screen wont even turn on when starting up the computer

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Computer-wont-boot-after-changibg-the-motherboard-and-the/td-p/5715242
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello Guys,
I'm trying to boot a config with :

MB : MSI H81i
CPU : Intel Pentium G3420
RAM : G. Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

I have no graphics card installed (i use the motherboard integrated one).

When i power on, the CPU and CASE fans spin correctly and continually, but i've no video output (tested on VGA/DVI/HDMI and different display output) and when i plug mouse or keyboard there is no light on. And also there is no beep.

So, anyone have an idea of what could be the issue here (I wonder if the mobo isn't failing) ?

Thanks you a lot for the help.

A:Solved: Computer won't boot / POST (motherboard problem ?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-wont-boot-post-motherboard-problem.1141729/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi All Been a while since I ve posted but sitting here reading other s posts I almost forgot why I logged in I have a weird problem with my computer a little background I didn t turn the computer Computer unplugging and boot plugging motherboard power without won't on for a LONG time perhaps a year so one day I decided to boot it up and it won t boot past the post So I replaced the MB battery checked the power supply replaced the memory and it booted But then I turn it off and it won t boot again same problem with it not booting past the mem post So being that it was an Computer won't boot without unplugging and plugging motherboard power old computer I figured I d just build myself a new machine and use the hard drive as a slave There are programs on the drive that I want to use that I cannot replace Well I tried doing that but the new computer won t see the drive it won t even boot with it plugged in So I take the hard Computer won't boot without unplugging and plugging motherboard power drive to another machine that I know works fine and it boots Problem solved so I thought I turn it off and try and turn it back on nothing no beeps no post nothing So I tried changing the power supply and plug all back in and it boots Turn it off nothing Long story short if I unplug the motherboard power cord from the board and plug it back in it boots but if I turn it off I have to repeat the motherboard plug thing to get it to boot again I have had the drive checked for viruses and it s clean I have to admit I am stumped Any ideas Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated The system is a abit kt mb with a WD caviar hard drive I m thinking the hard drive is the culprit since it has produced the same issues on boards I just don t understand why it boots only if I unplug and plug the mb main power nbsp

A:Computer won't boot without unplugging and plugging motherboard power

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-boot-without-unplugging-and-plugging-motherboard-power.857188/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi My windows is suddenly not working shocker It loads incredibly slowly then after about minutes gets to the splash screen with the date Faulty Boot Windows and the time The icon at this point says the internet is not loading It will allow me to log in - again slowly - Faulty Windows Boot but then nothing in Windows loads The desktop background comes up as does the menu bar along the bottom but nothing else Even the time doesn t load on the menu bar and you can t click on anything Zero functionality I ve tried Automatic Repair wouldn t work I ve tried Debugging Mode just wouldn t load I ve tried System Restore it said there were no restore points there should be I ve tried Reinstalling Windows it wouldn t let me as it said my drive with Windows on it at that time wasn t suitable - quot windows cannot be installed on this disk The selected disk is of the GPT partition style quot The Guest account will load more than my own account My own account lets me do nothing The guest account allows me to load very sluggishly and open things very slowly Could this be a RAM problem I m really at a loss Everything working fine previously Occasionally it was tough to boot but this is been like this now for a few days Any ideas guys Aidan nbsp

A:Faulty Windows Boot

Windows 8.1 is the best desktop OS so far and has many ways to recover from most issues. Boot the computer from the Windows 8.1 installation DVD, when you get to the 'Install now' window, use the 'Repair my computer' link. Allow the process to finish. If it is unable to do so, you will be given additional instructions, one of those would be a 'refresh' which is an in place reinstallation. You can try that (assuming you have all of your files backed up). If you need to reinstall from scratch, be sure to choose the correct partition because you are using a GPT disk, so you must choose the original OS partition for a reinstall.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-windows-boot.1144741/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi after replacing my DVD drive yesterday my system will no longer boot into windows I have a SEAGATE BARRACUDA GB ATA I have tried to repair the windows XP installation on this drive but no installation of XP shows up I have also Windows into XP Boot is my HDD Faulty? - Can't run the Seagate Disc Wizard and it identified that there was an Can't Boot into Windows XP - is my HDD Faulty? error with the file system on the drive which was NFTS but didn t give me any instructions as to how I could solve it Currently the drive is in a friends PC and is showing as connected but at only GB partition not the full GB it should be there When I try to access it a prompt asks me to format the drive Can suggest any steps I need to take to help me to identify what is wrong with this drive and if it can be repaired it Many Thanks P S i wasn t sure if this is an OS problem or a Stroage problem nbsp

A:Can't Boot into Windows XP - is my HDD Faulty?

see if this guide is any help: http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=313

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-boot-into-windows-xp-is-my-hdd-faulty.51194/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have recently built a new computer and it has been working fine for a couple days until one day while trying to boot up i got a BSOD. upon further investigation i found that i could not boot into safe mode, into system recovery, or from my windows dvd, they all resulted in a BSOD. I have been getting 3 different types of BSOD "bad pool header" "Irql not less or equal" and "page fault in nonpaged area."

All of these seemed to point to faulty ram, so i ordered new RAM. Turns out thats not the issue. So what else could be causing these errors and how would i find out?

A:Faulty hardware cannot boot

Mate nice machine specs - but did the machine come with the install disk?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/264686-faulty-hardware-cannot-boot.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I m having some trouble with my PC and need some help figuring out which piece of hardware is at fault The following are the issues that are occuring Shutting down during games Not powering back on until power is unplugged for seconds SATA harddrives not being detected at all sometimes Harddrives are detected problems. - MB or Boot Faulty PSU in BIOS but not in Windows Setup Booting in to windows and having explorer crash before any programs are loaded Freezing at motherboard splash screen All of these things happen on and off For example it would not detect any harddrives at all last night I messed around for hours and eventually gave up Turned it on this morning and it detected all harddrives and booted fine Tried to turn it on now and it hangs while loading the Faulty PSU or MB - Boot problems. OS I m pretty certain that it s either an issue s with the motherboard or PSU It s either unlikely to be or has been proven not to be any of the other components I don t have any spares so the Faulty PSU or MB - Boot problems. only way to figure out which is at fault is to purchase new hardware Which Faulty PSU or MB - Boot problems. I don t want to do for both as that would be a waste of money Any help with this would be appreciated Even if it s only a quot guess quot at which component is causing the trouble nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, my boot disk won't let me repair a few files and this causes my xp not to be able to install. So im stuck with it giving me errors on installation of my pc. I know you can create a boot disk for the computer but it requires me to be logged on that pc at that time. I thought about creating one on my laptop but I have windows 7 in 64 bit so that is not going to work on my windows xp 32 bit pc.

What can i do to resolve this. I've tried everything logical.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/boot-disk-faulty-477277.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Asus custom computer disk after partition wont motherboard boot ASUS P Z -V motherboard if that helps Long Asus motherboard custom computer wont boot after disk partition story short I ve been having endless tech problems and need some help I bought this setup a week ago and it had windows beta on it It s been very buggy and I swear nothing gets rid of Asus motherboard custom computer wont boot after disk partition it Asus motherboard custom computer wont boot after disk partition It won t format it won t recover and every attempt of a windows OS cd has failed due to some silly error that it gives me The previous error which gives me the new problem i am here for was some thing about having no memory to install from I put my old windows vista bit OS cd in to install that instead of the windows beta but it told me i have no space So i researched it a little and found that if you partition the drive under administrative tools and disk options quot set as active quot or partition C drive that it may recognize it then and i d be able toinstall the vista Well i m not sure if that works in normal cases but now my computer won t even boot After a single restart of that all i am getting is a red light on for a few seconds then the red light cuts off then i hear one beep Nothing comes on my monitor and i have tested multiple monitors and cables The computer will stay on with the fans running but nothing will ever show I ve tried taking out the jumpers on the motherboard for a little to reset it but that didn t work Would resetting the motherboard fix the problem I m not even sure how to do that though nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have recently built a new computer and it has been working fine for a couple days until one day while trying to boot up i got a bsod. upon further investigation i found that i could not boot into safe mode, or from my windows disk, they all resulted in a bsod. I have also been getting 3 different types of bsod "bad pool header" "Irql not less or equal" and "page fault in nonpaged area." all these seem to point to faulty RAM, but i just want a second opinion before i try and return it.

A:Multiple BSODs on boot, Faulty RAM?

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Could you please upload all the helpful files using the above tutorial.

May not reply until tomorrow morning due to different time zones

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

MemTest86+ will help test the RAM modules and the DIMM slots on the motherboard; test each individual stick of RAM (run for 7 passes), if an error(s) are found then retest the same module in a different DIMM slot, if errors are found in every slot then you have a bad RAM module, however if no errors are found with the RAM module in a different motherboard slot, then you have a bad motherboard DIMM slot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/263296-multiple-bsods-boot-faulty-ram.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok need some help on this one please My system P Ghz G ram Asrock P S mobo Elitech W PS ATI Mb video Creative sound card G WD hard drive LG DVD-rom XP Pro mm front fan mm side fan The problem I m having is intermittent boot will halt for some reason and not always in the same place It all started last week while I was playing a game system just shut down althought fans etc were Solved: boot...but Faulty intermittent still running but I had a black screen Sometimes the monitor will not power Solved: Faulty boot...but intermittent up at all and I get no Solved: Faulty boot...but intermittent beep The next time monitor might turn on and might go to the point where I can usually press F for BIOS and then get stuck not accepting input Other times it will pass this point and get to the screen that shows the drives etc but then stop frozen just a flashing cursor Then of course there is the full POST check beep then black screen or full normal boot As I said this does not always happen but the last few days it has taken - tries to boot up When it is booted it is stable and I can play games etc no problems BHD DFX etc I thought about the battery have taken it out to clear Solved: Faulty boot...but intermittent cmos too and redone the bios setup but checked it with multimeter and it s giving V V batttery so is ok Done the usual testing removing all but ram processor vid card wont boot all the time I was wondering about the vid card as I know it is part of the POST check but don t have another to test until Monday night Any help greatly appreciated Scorp nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I run LogMeIn software and last night it required an update to an active-x driver or so it said I permitted the download and installation but I wrongly refused to allow the immediate reboot I know but I was busy with something else and the option to reboot later was offered Now on bootup I get blue screen session initialization failed F Same on safe mode boot as well unfortunately I can boot with UBCD WIN a driver able Can boot? being eliminate without I faulty to CD and so I can to a greater or lesser extent poke around on my system My question is if I can identify which new driver vxd was just installed is there a way I Can I eliminate a faulty driver without being able to boot? can remove that driver from the bootup sequence so my system can boot at all and then reinstall it correctly Or is my best bet to manually roll back the registry files to a working date In the ultimate situation I have a drive image from quite recently so am reasonably happy to try quick-fixes before the nuclear option nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-eliminate-a-faulty-driver-without-being-able-to-boot.181770/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 49.02%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi All,
I was diagnosing my Dell computer full of blue screens which i believe was hardware related. I decided to narrow down hard drive and memory. after testing the hard drive came out no errors and fine, after testing the memory one of my two 512 ram sticks had faults. I removed the bad one and left the other 512 stick in slot one and now for some reason the computer doesn't boot up properly. It goes to the BIOS, allows me to enter setup but after setup I get a black screen with a blinking curser at the top and stays like that, the hard drive seems to be just flashing constantly (as if loading) but doesn not seem to be loading the OS,

Anyone have any ideas what i could have done?

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello. I've been trying to use Paragon migrate to move Windows 7 from HDD to SSD. Apparently there is something wrong with my "boot records of partitions" according to Paragon tech support and that is why Migrate doesn't do the job. They want me to use the following on my HDD to try and fix it.

- Create Windows 7 Repair Disc (Control Panel - Backup & Restore - Create a system repair disc)
- Select Use recovery tools and then select Recovery console from recovery tools menu
- type the next commands:
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
bootsect /nt60 all
My question is, can that mess my booting of Windows in any way, as thus far my Windows 7 work fine? Is there a way to check the health of "boot records of partitions" without these commands, as I fear it will just replace it and that might cause Windows be unstable. Please advise. Thank you.

A:Boot record partition is possibly faulty

In my opinion if it is booting now do not fix it.If it is a brand name system it could have up to four partitions some of which are non standard. If that is the case running fixmbr could cause the system recovery to stop working. Using the system repair disc you should be able to run chkdsk /f safely. If you suspect bad sectors one the drive try to clone it first or at least backup your data.What brand of SSD is it. Intel for example makes a free download to clone to their SSD. Intel® Data Migration Software (Only for Intel SSD drives)The Intel® Data Migration Software simplifies the moving of the contents of your old storage device to your new Intel® Solid-State Drive.Intel® Data Migration SoftwareThe Intel® Data Migration Software simplifies the moving of the contents of your old storage device to your new Intel® Solid-State Drive.Seagate and Western digital make cloneing software available that should work. They also will only run if you have their brand of drive in the system.Seagatehttp://www.seagate.com/support/internal-hard-drives/enterprise-hard-drives/savvio-15k/discwizard-master-dl/Data MigrationIf you are upgrading and want to migrate your data from the old drive to the new drive we provide DiscWizard as an option. Check out our instructional video on how to use DiscWizard to replace your hard drive.Western Digitalhttp://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail.asp?swid=119&wdc_lang=enAcronis True Image WD EditionAcronis True Image WD Edition Software helps you to completely clone your current system drive onto your new WD hard drive. Cloning makes an exact copy of your old system drive on your new WD hard drive, including the operating system, applications, data, preferences, and email settings. Everything will be present and operate exactly as it did on your old hard drive. Acronis True Image WD Edition now supports WD Advanced Format Drives and ensures that all partitions are optimally aligned.I have used a older version of this one on my systems and my brothers to make a backup clone of his system and to do a restore from that backup clone drive. No problems.About EaseUS Todo Backup Freehttp://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/free-backup-software.htmEaseUS Todo Backup Free is only free for home users.Full system backup & recovery Disk & partition cloneRoger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/463091/boot-record-partition-is-possibly-faulty/
Relevancy 49.02%

My computer's performance has gradually began to lag behind over the years even though it should still work as expected A quad core processor and gig of ram would First-Boot BSODs faulty Suspect BIOS and surely be enough but performances in games that I've had no problem with before when my computer was brand new have dropped At the moment the only physical effects of the computer's wear tear have been the booting process It will always churn out a BSOD on it's first boot and will always work perfectly after a hard reboot following the BSOD I've had threads on here before diagnose my computer with RAM problems but I've done some researching about my boot problem I found various forums that have Suspect faulty BIOS and First-Boot BSODs members who have the same problems as me and they've had their computers diagnosed with a faulty BIOS Moreover any BIOS update that I've tried to perform over the years has always crashed my computer before even starting That led me to earlier today when trying to update my BIOS from Intel's ISO update methods the computer crashes before the update can even get underway Surely this has damaged it Suspect faulty BIOS and First-Boot BSODs And surely this will have caused problems with my computer's ability to perform in other areas The BIOS itself hasn't been able to update since it was built Suspect faulty BIOS and First-Boot BSODs back in - But i'm reluctant to have to take my computer in to get fixed because i'll probably end up having to buy a whole brand new one The first-boot BSODs are attached below Another thing is my event viewer log It always churns out some errors of bad blocks on hard drives etc If somebody could have a look at them i'll be really grateful Important note My computer is generally working fine other than at the first boot and the occasional BSOD now and again But i'm wary these BSODs will begin to stack up if I don't get my computer looked at by someone who knows what they're doing Windows - x - the original installed OS on the system - no - an OEM or full retail version - Full Retail - - year old hardware - Upgraded the OS from bit to bit about - years ago Edit Driver Verifier on a second run found Daemon Tools to be a culprit of a buggy driver - Computer has been scanned with Microsoft Security Essentials AVG Superantispyware and malwarebytes and cleaned yet the BSODs still occur

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi we ve been having a problem floppy failure, Boot drive? faulty with our pc sometimes about of all bootups approximately it freezes on the very first screen The screen is showing something to do with the graphics processor a logo or brand name or something however we changed the graphics card and this did not fix the problem so perhaps its something to do with the motherboard s own graphics unit The motherboard is an ms- Btw One thing we have noticed is that you can tell when the boot is going to fail because the floppy drive does not make its usual clicking noise which it does on a successfull boot So the question I Boot failure, faulty floppy drive? have for any of you who may know could it be something up with the floppy drive causing the system not to boot up Apart from removing the floppy drive is there anything we could do We have also replaced the Hard drive and that hasn t fixed the problem Thanks for any help Tom nbsp

A:Boot failure, faulty floppy drive?

It would be easiest to change the boot order in the BIOS to the hard drive first with the floppy drive and optical drive after the hard drive. It doesn't matter that much which is second or third. This way it should skip over the floppy and boot from the hard drive. If you still have trouble booting, there may be something wrong with the hard drive. If it's fine, then there might be something wrong with the floppy. You could just disconnect it, remove it or replace it. Your choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-failure-faulty-floppy-drive.136382/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey A few months back I built myself a new PC and everything was working great for a month or so no problems at all However for the past few weeks I have been having trouble with I assume my hard drive hard faulty drive? failures, Boot and getting it to boot my OS Boot failures, faulty hard drive? Win x Heres what happens I power up my PC and it goes through the quot Asus Express Gate quot and other quot BIOS stuff quot - I notice that my HDD doesnt appear in the Sata device list on the next screen it says quot Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key quot So I restart and hit Delete to check my Boot Devices in the BIOS My Samsung HDD does not appear anywhere as if it was disconnected I open up the case to check the SATA and Power connectors which are all seated firmly in their sockets The first time this happened I quot solved quot the problem by plugging the Boot failures, faulty hard drive? HDD into a different SATA port on my MB It booted up Windows fine for a couple of days but then the same thing happened again and again I tried a different SATA port with the same results I have been having this problem for around months now and recently when I have tried reseating the SATA connector Boot failures, faulty hard drive? in a different port and rebooting it is not working right away and I have to try multiple ports with much rebooting in order to get it to work I have tried using the hard drives from my old PC which work fine and I was able to boot up Win XP I checked all my drivers were up to date - which they were So I was wondering whether any of you wonderful peoples had any ideas about what may be causing this problem and any suggestions on how to fix it I suspect that I have a faulty hard drive but I d like to try whatever I can before returning it Thank you for reading any suggestions will be much appreciated Jimmy nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-failures-faulty-hard-drive.971168/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys - hope you can help Went to switch on my PC this morning and my Dell monitor which has been a little tempremental recently just had a flashing green power light As I do not have a back up monitor I plugged into my sons quot HDTV The PC booted up to the Hewlett Packard purple main screen with bootup amp BIOS options and then hung there fior some time Eventually it came up with a Startup Repair screen but this did nothing Windows eventually After half hour at least booted up but the performance was terrible Most programs - boot. Now Moitor went to half hour faulty takes PC wouldn t load and even browsing the HD took some time I tried a restart but again this took forever I am fairly computer savvy but this one has me stumped Here are my PC specs The only problem I see here is the RAM - I actually have x Gb in there Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce NVIDIA nForce i Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Packard Moitor went faulty - Now PC takes half hour to boot. Bell BV MCP VT-PM Antivirus Sophos Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled Any help would be much appreciated as I have a fair amount of stuff on my HD I need access to Many thanks Moitor went faulty - Now PC takes half hour to boot. nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moitor-went-faulty-now-pc-takes-half-hour-to-boot.962431/
Relevancy 48.16%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 47.73%

If I had not attempted to the upgrade to Windows Pro I would not be aware of this problem and the fact If It becomes necessary I cannot do a re install of windows Pro And I cannot Upgrade to Windows Pro The reason Upon boot up from Windows or Win purchased DVD the following Windows encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer This error can be caused Root USB error I/O faulty on probable at Board Main. and Hub up boot by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer I O Error xc e t End of Black Screen Message As mentioned in my earlier posts I was attempting an upgrade to Windows Pro from my current O S Windows Pro bit That is what brought this major issue to I/O error at boot up and probable faulty USB Root Hub on Main. Board my attention It's important to understand that with my current install of Windows Pro bit - quot everything quot functions perfectly No problem with boot-up - No problem with using the repair DVD I created during a system image backup No problem using that repair disk to recover a backup image No problems when Windows is up and running Further to that Device Manager shows no conflicts and all attached drives appear in Disk Manager as they should Tests RAM test OK - Drives OK - Cables OK - DVD Burner - OK Watt PS OK Video Card OK - All CPU temps below F M Board Temp F After a lot of testing and research I believe the I/O error at boot up and probable faulty USB Root Hub on Main. Board problem is at USB Root Hub - USB and USB located at the bottom edge of P P D-E-PRO mother board regardless of the fact all the USB ports function when a flash drive or external HDD is attached That said there is an issue A pop up message recently began to appear that reads A USB device as not recognized That happened over and over until I removed the external HDD and disconnected the adapter and cable running from USDB Deduction As mentionedearlier only when booting from a Windows or DVD a black screen appears with the following message Windows is having a problem communicating with one of the devices attached to this computer This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer I O Error xc e End of black screen message It is then and only then that this issue comes to the surface and stops an upgrade of Windows or re install of Windows In my opinion If a USB Hub has hardware issue it can ruin your day or give you a reason to buy a new mother board due to a fault in the USB hub s Cheers Paul

A:I/O error at boot up and probable faulty USB Root Hub on Main. Board

Are all other HD's and peripherals unplugged during the attempted install?

Is this a disk you burned yourself? If so confirm ISO or download another, burn another DVD using ImgBurn at 4x speed, then try bootable flash stick install using Universal USB Installer with Win7 in dropdown menu.

Run a Disk Check on all HD's and external HD's and flash sticks used on the PC.

Check the logs, System Resources, establish a Clean boot and other Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265749-i-o-error-boot-up-probable-faulty-usb-root-hub-main-board.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

Here is the situation: Partition Table Doctor suggested I change the total sector number of my hard disk for some unknown reason, and I did. After I rebooted, Vista wouldn't boot. I had something like this happen on my other computer, and I used the Windows 7 disc to fix the MBR in a jiffy.

But I am wondering whether there is any danger in using Windows 7 install disc to fix a Vista x64 Home (not sure if Premium) Master Boot Record. I don't have a Vista disc because Gateway didn't include one with the laptop when I bought it.

Thanks for your help.

A:Can I use Windows 7 install disc to fix faulty Vista Master Boot Record?

Hello ayuda, and welcome to Vista Forums.

No, you wouldn't be able to use the Windows 7 installation disc to do startup repair on Vista.

However, if you like, you can download an official Vista with SP1 ISO file here: Microsoft: Vista Direct Download Links, and use Windows 7 USB-DVD Download Tool to create a bootable installation DVD or USB flash drive with the ISO to do a startup repair with.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/299902-can-i-use-windows-7-install-disc-fix-faulty-vista-master-boot-record.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I recently posted on this forum after having issues with my computer not booting Then the PSU literally blew up a day later Old System Specs Q MSI P N Diamond Silverpower sp w has good reviews just not well known Corsair GB HD The issue I had was turn on pc everything lights up but GPU fan spins at full speed as if it was getting no power or connecting to motherboard G-card will not boot at all I did however find a very strange work around To boot the machine I had to remove the pin CPU power on the motherboard Turn the machine on but no boot Turn it off and replace CPU power Turn machine back on and everything works perfectly So It seems that the card can never boot up from cold If I re-started it worked fine I now have a new motherboard cpu RAM and PSU Both motherboards work perfectly with my tester g-card New PC Parts I k Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Corsair TX w V The new one fails to boot at all even with various different power cables removed I cannot RMA card as it is No works fan kinda speed boot, card? mobo faulty on other - - full 5870 second-hand BY using my 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? trick on the old motherboard it works perfectly so the card actually works It s just having big issues accepting power to 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? boot Would flashing the g-card bios help This quote is from an article about flashing the g-card bios It seems to sum up my issue the video BIOS initializes the card As soon as it receives power from the motherboard the BIOS activates the card and identifies itself to the motherboard BIOS In short the video BIOS starts and identifies the card and provides its initial crop of settings However if I can get any advice on other things to try out then I will happily do them The PSU s are not at fault as There is the same issue with a new Antec PSU and my brand new Corsair TC w which is supposed to be one of the dogs bollox of PSU s Thanks in advance for your reply Ivan G-S nbsp

A:5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card?

Welcome to the world of custom building lol, my computer has similar problems that if i have had it turned off for more than 5 minutes it will not boot and keeps bluescreen until i do a clean boot with a power drain, my solution to that is do just set the bios on the MB to use a 1W standby and leave it in sleep mode always (reboot it every so often)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5870-no-boot-fan-full-speed-kinda-works-on-other-mobo-faulty-card.173944/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey Team I am in desperate need of help I'm attending Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and my computer has been freezing non stop and cant believe it is even lasting this long I cant In Need Faulty With College Student Of Computer Help get any of my work done It will freeze College Student In Need Of Help With Faulty Computer and still have the background but none of the desktop icons will be gone and College Student In Need Of Help With Faulty Computer it forces me to restart my computer I cant afford to take it anywhere I will gladly made a dollar donation as soon as someone helps me with my problem Please someone help me Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC WINDOWS system basfipm exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXEC WINDOWS system rpcnet exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal Ad-Aware exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - HKLM Run Apoint quot C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet WirelessO - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeO - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeO - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXEO - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run USB Storage Toolbox C Program Files USBToolbox Res EXEO - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run B-BA-A - -ZN C DOCUME JEROME LOCALS Temp thinksnet exe CHD O - HKCU Run LDM quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot O - HKCU ... Read more

A:College Student In Need Of Help With Faulty Computer

Why is no one helping me?!?!!? Can you PLEASE tell me what I have to do...thanks in advance for your consideration.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/103336/college-student-in-need-of-help-with-faulty-computer/
Relevancy 46.44%

Im running Vista Premium SP1. my computer was restarted unexpectedly a few days ago. now whenever i turn it on it goes to the account login screen and says: "Configuring Updates 3 of 3 - 0% Pleas Wait..."
after a while it says: "Shutting Down..." then it restarts and does the same thing. the percent never changes and the User icons never appear.
I need to be a ble to login.

Thanks in advance!

NOTE: I do have acces to the drive via USB on an XP machine.

Relevancy 46.01%

I m not used to posting in communities like this because I can usually troubleshoot my own problems Unfortunately my gaming rig sure faulty part randomly not freezing, is which Computer s constant freezing has got me stumped Board Gigabyte MA XT-UD P Processor AMD Phenom II X Video ATI Radeon HD HDD Samsung GB PSU Cooler Master W RAM x Patriot Computer randomly freezing, not sure which part is faulty G-series GB OS Windows Home Premium The computer doesn t freeze at all in BIOS with the CPU temp averaging around Celsius But when I boot into an OS it will randomly freeze up The freezes don t consistently happen ie X number of minutes after being logged in but the computer usually freezes within minutes of the OS being loaded up When I say freeze the computer freezes no BSoD I ve tried swapping to an older HDD that has both XP pro and a linux build on it and the computer freezes up in both OSs I ve tried swapping around different sticks of ram in the slots and booting up with either one or the other inserted and it still freezes All fans in the case and on the video card and heatsink are operational There isn t any burning smell or weird sounds coming from any parts I can faintly remember once when the computer crashed while booted in windows that there was a bubble in the bottom right of the screen about an AMD driver crashing but Windows was able to recover I ve tried installing the AMD specific drivers via my motherboard s website but it has continued to freeze I don t have any other spare parts to try and sub out but I m thinking the processor is at fault since that AMD driver bubble popped up I don t think it s a heat issue or a power supply issue But I m open to trying anything else to get this solved as I sort of need a solid computer for school nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi (hardware turns during Computer not off games faulty) at first I thought this was a problem only when I had my monitor switched to hz because it turned off alot back when I had it on so I had been playing with hz for a while and tried my luck turning it back to hz worked for a few days but now it seems it cant handle it even in hz It's a newly built PC I have checked graphics card with Furmark and no problems there ran memtest overnight passed tests I Computer turns off during games (hardware not faulty) cant upload any minidump files because it is empty I've reseating heatsink I want to know what else I could do to find out what the problem is please Specs -EVGA GeForce GTX Ti DS Superclockerd MB -Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz clocked ghz -ASUSTeK Computer INC P P PRO REV - gb RAM DDR - watt PSU Could it be a problem with uncompatible overclocks Had a few problems with the overclocking settings

A:Computer turns off during games (hardware not faulty)

If it was me I would set the bios back to default, play the game & see if it is stable or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198496-computer-turns-off-during-games-hardware-not-faulty.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok here's my situation. I have a computer that will not boot up. So I want to check the hard drive on it to see if it is the hard drive that is kaput. I have another computer. However the working computer is using an SATA cable with it's hard drive. There is however an open place to put in a 40 pin ribbon cable. Can I just take the ribbon cable out of the faulty computer and plug it into the motherboard on the working computer. Or will this cause problems? All I want to do is see if the faulty computer's have drive is junk or not.Thanks.

A:Testing out a HARD DRIVE from a faulty computer to see if it works or not.

Make sure the old cable is an 80 wire 40 pin. The empty controller in the newer computer may also need to be turned on in the bios.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/testing-out-a-hard-drive-from-a-faulty-computer-to-see-if-it-works-or-not.429873/
Relevancy 45.58%

Windows Vista Home Basic SP 2
eMachines ET 1161-05
AMD Athlon LE-1640 2.7Ghz

Computer powers on, but does not boot. Not even the boot screen where you can choose booting options or access the BIOS. It does boot sometimes if I unplug the hardrive, and do odd maneuvers to plug it back in, switch SATA ports, swap cables with the CD tray or restart it a lot of times. But it is getting increasingly difficult to make it boot.

I read some other threads that said to take a small battery out, or swap the memory to another slot, but I want to make sure this applies to my case first before I try anything.

Please advice, thank you.

A:Problems booting computer, faulty hardware suspected

You can download the User Guide and scroll to the Troubleshooting section.I would take a look at page 37 first.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425512/problems-booting-computer-faulty-hardware-suspected/
Relevancy 45.15%

Can faulty heatsink cause computer to shut down within seconds of starting?

A:Faulty heatsink causing computer shut down within seconds of starting?

I'm not sure how you can have a faulty heatsink since it's essentially just a chunk of aluminum with fins. However, if it is not installed properly then yes, it could cause the problem you are seeing. The problem could be too much thermal grease or that the heatsink is not seated correctly. These kinds of problems can cause the CPU to overheat and shutdown.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/220139-faulty-heatsink-causing-computer-shut-down-within-seconds-starting.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys...

A few days ago, my computer started to get slower and it takes a little bit longer for the programs to load, and it sometimes freezes while opening up, for example, Firefox . I cannot listen to audio, because the audio seems to struggle to play and it has an almost "buzzing" effect to it... the videos lag, etc.

Has anyone heard of this problem and does anyone know how to fix it?

- sab

A:Strange Problem With Faulty Audio Playback And Slower Computer

Hello sab3156,I see you have an open HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum.You shouldn't make any changes to your system, while your HJT log is posted, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.I'm closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team. If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic.If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131043/strange-problem-with-faulty-audio-playback-and-slower-computer/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

I recently purchased a second 8800 gts 640mb video card to work in sli with my current one. When i connect the card in sli or by itself in the same slot my older card was in and turn on the power then computer will switch on for about a second then switch back off again. If the press the button again the computer wont even switch on at all until i take the card out.I cant understand what is causing this unless the card is faulty. I have a 700 watt power supply which should be sufficient for both cards and more than enough for the newer card by itself so i dont think the power supply is the problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Computer shuts down almost immediately after its turned on - Faulty Video Card?

Have you connected the additional power supply connector to both cards. If the new card won't run by itself, the card is bad... Simple

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shuts-down-almost-immediately-after-its-turned-on-faulty-video-card.106667/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello for the past few years my computer driver help computer Random says error Blue and crashes - faulty Screen - Please Windows Premium crashes randomly The blue screen appears When I restart it everything seems fine but then it crashes again The data dump refers to a faulty device driver Please help - Random Blue Screen and computer crashes - error says faulty driver I opened Device Manager and all of the drivers Please help - Random Blue Screen and computer crashes - error says faulty driver seem fine I am not sure what to do and do not want to start trying to clean this up on my own Any help to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated The last time my computer crashed windows gave me this little error box on restarting The details are as follows- Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode d BCP FFFFF A BCP BCP BCP FFFFF E OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Squayo AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Thank you and have a nice day

A:Please help - Random Blue Screen and computer crashes - error says faulty driver

Did you recently install any windows updates? If so, their optional driver suggestions could have been crappy. I've seen issues where the wireless stops working if you download their optional drivers for it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555533/please-help-random-blue-screen-and-computer-crashes-error-says-faulty-driver/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all I made a post regarding the performance failing of one of my supply power affect hard performance? drive/computer Faulty hard drives The conclusion we came to has unfortunately not resolved my problem and I am beginning to think my Power Supply may be the culprit Faulty power supply affect hard drive/computer performance? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Before I go into details here is my current Hardware Q GHZ GIGABYTE EP -DS R GB PC mhz x gb x gb Nvidia GTX mb requires x pin power adapters Asus Xonar soundcard requires floppy power adapters Windows x Jeantech W PSU modular PSU PCI-E nodes and nodes for other devices gb HDD operating system tb HDD data tb HDD data tb HDD data - added recently ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ My original problem in brief Upon accessing certain files in one of my TB drives I hear a distictive quot click lockup halt quot sound and then the entire system crashes first the drive will become inaccessible then windows explorer will crash followed by the mouse and eventually a BSOD after a minute ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I bought a new TB a month ago to replace what then I thought was a failing TB drive Since the problems have become quot random quot and happen across all four drives tb tb gb tb I am now considering my PSU the culprit Jeantech Absolute w It seems logical to me Sometimes while performing tasks which put stress on several HDD s at the same time my computer is quot choking quot running as fast smooth as it should but with sudden freezes with those HDD quot click - stop - restart quot sounds Booting into windows is failing from time to time freezes on the quot starting windows quot screen or DISK BOOT FAILURE Insert system disk The PSU is modular - could certain quot plugs quot in my PSU are faulty I haven t tested this extensively but in some cases when the computer is not starting up at all using different power ribbon cable combinations seems to help Also I had to remove my DVD drive completely when I first installed the new TB I bought and I don t think my computer will start at all with it plugged in anymore so my PSU MUST be having a hard time coping with all the components If it is of any relevance I use an Nvidia GTX which requires x PCI-E pin power connections hard drives power is supplied via THREE modular ribbon power cables - two HDD s share power from the same ribbon cable lastly worth noting I use an asus Xonar sound card requires floppy power connector several symptoms suggest the PSU any thoughts nbsp

A:Faulty power supply affect hard drive/computer performance?

a 1000Watt shouldn't have any problem coping with the components that you have, i would recommend that u borrow a power supply from a friend and try it out on your computer, maybe the power supply is old and is not supplying proper voltages on all the rails....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-power-supply-affect-hard-drive-computer-performance.160966/
Relevancy 43.43%

Okay I'm in hopefully a finishing stage of a month long computer battle here Prior to the drama I had occasional rough starts with Windows where it took an attempt or two to start up but no more than that and everything seemed fine After the evil red Compaq logo there would be a black screen no Windows loading screen It would stay that way even after a shower pulling dinner out of the stove or giving my kid Problems, Motherboard? Boot MBR virus? Disk? Boot a bath Then the drama started First I got Boot Problems, Motherboard? Boot Disk? MBR virus? a virus detected by Avast So Boot Problems, Motherboard? Boot Disk? MBR virus? I deleted it everything seemed fine then I had another virus detected by Avast So I deleted it things were fine for like min then I rebooted after a game but nothing started up So I suspect that I deleted a virus attached to a dll file tried to use my disk to repair windows no go I did manage to backup some files in safe mode so I attempted a reformat I kept getting a disk error even after using a disk my mom brought over a disk that scrubs data I figure I managed to have a hard drive crash Boot Problems, Motherboard? Boot Disk? MBR virus? at the same time I got two viruses and proceeded to wait many long days until I could afford a new hard drive kinda happy with that part G is better than Fer sure Part two After installation and updates I am still getting the odd hang up when booting Sometimes it won't even load in safe mode I'm starting to suspect a motherboard issue or something with my MBR Since a corrupted MBR hard drive crash and two viruses seems a little much to have all at once I'm wondering if a boot virus is possible Like maybe my hard drive never crashed at all I still like the new one though Could one boot virus cause two virus positives like it replicates into the OS Is a boot virus on the motherboard or the hard drive Well anyway I figure my theory could be tested if I replaced the MBR with a fresh one and here I'm at a loss I have no boot disk Is the XP disk's setting for Repair like a boot disk Can I use that to replace the MBR or is the MBR a manufacturer thing I can't seem to find something to download bios or MBR for my model on the Compaq website I'm seriously considering replacing the case and motherboard in the spring so I have room for a nice sound card but that won't come until I get my financial aid for the spring semester With my school that means sometime midsummer Anything I can download anywhere to help Maybe on NVIDIA's site that's the motherboard manufacturer but I can't find the model of the motherboard anywhere Because Compaq sucks and I can't beleive I got suckered into one

A:Boot Problems, Motherboard? Boot Disk? MBR virus?

Okay, well first I'd put the dreaded MBR virus at the bottom of the list of things to consider. But, yes, it's possible one might have survived standard formating. But highly unlikely, IMO.

I think the first step is to make certain you have the most recent motherboard drivers installed.

Please post the exact Make & Model number of the computer.

Federal Law requires electronic manufacturers to label their devices with an "FCC code". You can sometimes cross-reference that number to a specific model of motherboard (or whatever).

I've never seen a motherboard that didn't have the model number silk-screened on the motherboard, in large letters.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/boot-problems-motherboard-boot-disk-mbr-virus-325290.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,

I have a minidisplay port to hdmi cable, which I can plug directly into my computer and then into the TV. I use a Macbook Pro, and when booting on Mac OS the wire works perfectly well, however when switching over to windows 7 the image is very weird it's very grainy, with lots of red dots and lines going through the image, and the image is also always flickering. I've altered every aspect resolution, tried every possible combination of hrtz and also updated the graphics driver. Yet still no difference, can anyone possibly explain to me why this is and if theres a solution. Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/display-faulty-when-extending-display-windows-7-on-mac-computer-672314.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello, Ive just put a second hard-drive in my pc for storage. It works fine apart from it keeps dissapearing from My Computer & I have to reboot to get it to appear in the drive list.
Also Ive tried to find it in disc management & disc management wont load & just gives me this error 'Unable to connect to logical disc manager service' and 'the dependancy service or group faled to start'

Also compmanagement keeps freezing up when I ask to look at removeable storage.

Ive looked in the event log & about an hour ago I had this log ' An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation.'

Do you think the hard drive may be faulty?

Relevancy 39.56%

Hello I am looking at using either the W built in or buying Acronis True Image Suppse I clone my entire Hard Drive to an external USB Drive Will the image boot even if I have changed motherboard or other hardware I was under the impression that it will boot but with a lot of errors since the correct drivers for the chipset etc aren't present so I can install the new ones later Acronis website claims that in order to do this I must buy their plus package add-on to the main program Also my Drive is C and D with W and all programs on C Acronis claims that it clones the entire drive but it doesn't reserve space so another it with motherboard? boot Will the image will not be bigger than the actual data present so a Gb C partition with Gb taken and a Gb with Gb taken will only be a Gb image Is this true for the Will it boot with another motherboard? built in Windows image program as well Maybe stupid questions but Will it boot with another motherboard? I am new to this I am not interested in on the fly backup of certain folders and other extras as Acronis claims to be capable of only a complete image in the case of a catastrophical failure

A:Will it boot with another motherboard?

You want to make a complete backup of all partitions. And use it in case of severe errors? Macrium reflect free is the way to go. Very flexible and free.

Imaging with free Macrium download th winpe ISO there and burn it. Boot from it and check if it sees the internal disk and external disk where you put backups on. Connect external disk to usb2 instead of usb3 when restoring using rescue cd (some usb3 ports are not supported).

The software can be found here Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download
You can even mount the image as virtual drive and restore some files How to browse an Image or 'File and Folder' Backup in Windows Explorer

software is very user friendly!

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/272196-will-boot-another-motherboard.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I just installed a new Biostar motherboard and processor. It is a Biostar N68S3+, AMD Athlon II X3 455 Processor, and 4 gb RAM. Now it will not boot up. I was a little disappointed that it did not have two IDE connectors, as I have an older DVD drive. It goes to a black screen with startup choices; start windows normally, last good configuration, safe mode, etc. I have tried all, and it posts then goes back to this screen. In safe mode, it appears to load some of the drivers, but starts over. Everything booted fine with my old mobo, but it kept shutting down. Any help will be greatly appreciated. What am I missing?

A:New motherboard won't boot

This is because Windows doesn't recognize the new equipment, and typically upgrading a motherboard (well 95% of the time) usually prompts a fresh installation of the OS. Sometimes you can get away with it if the new and old boards are really similar but that isn't the case. There is a very easy way of getting around this issue but it will require 3rd party software, but reliable software by Acronis. Their product TrueImage, which is disk imaging software suite, offers a feature called "universal restore" which allows you to re-image Windows on any system with dissimilar hardware.

The alternative, of course, would be to just do an in-place upgrade of Windows, but for Vista and 7 you need to have bootable environment or it doesn't work. It could be a real headache to get the computer to boot as it is so I would strongly urge to use the imaging software, because it's really easy. TrueImage isn't too expensive and it will pay for itself time and time again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-wont-boot.180436/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi everybody im getting my motherboard soon and i was wondering what to do on a first boot. I will have 2 optical drives and one hardrive. The is a MSI 790FX-GD70
AM3 motherboard

thanks
nik11105

A:Help with a motherboard boot

well for starters you will need to install a AMD processor and an operating system

are you building a new computer or swapping motherboards?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-a-motherboard-boot.145346/
Relevancy 39.56%

I just installed a new motherboard and cpu in a friends computer. When I power it up it goes through all of the early detection screens and then when it goes to the next phase it stalls... Could this be a sign of a bad hard drive? Or have I missed something?? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 39.56%

Added an ASUS M2V with an Athlon 64 x 2 4200, 1gb DDR2 ram in slot A1 and an ASUS EN7600 GT graphics card.

The graphics card has two white connectors, unlike the diagram in the box which shows one older VGA connector and one white connector, There are adaptors for VGA connectors supplied,

After changing the hardware when I switch on there is no boot up, no display on my TFT monitor and a single red light at the front of the case. No beeps. Fans spin, there is a light on the mobo, graphics card fan spins.

Should I install VGA drivers for the garphics card, If so can I do that before changing the board? But if it isn't even starting the Bios why would that help?

Thanks
Thom

A:New motherboard will not boot

Do you have a 24 pin power supply? Do you have both the 24 pin and the seperate 4 pin power connection connected?

Its not a driver problem if the computer will not even POST.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-motherboard-will-not-boot.515780/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hallo, I'm trying to boot off of an external harddrive on usb that has windows 7 on it, but I can't seem to get my computer to boot off of it..I have some pictures attached of my bios which Id think would be the only parts to enable booting from usb ..I'm not sure if there would be something else I may have missed that I need in order to just boot from my external harddrive? Thanks, any help is much appriciated ^_^

~Red.

A:W7, trying to boot off of usb, msi motherboard

Ok, so I set it again to boot to the toshiba, and it started booting to windows..now I have an error message that says 'windows failed to start, a recent hardware or software change might be the cause......status: 0xc0000225 Info: An unexpected error occured.' I'm not sure what I did wrong though @[email protected] I'm sure that I followed the guide that I found for booting windows 7 off a usb correctly, making the harddrive active, and extracting all of the files as well. I guess I have to do a bit of research on what I can do, or if anyone has any suggestions? thanks! ~Red.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/326642-w7-trying-boot-off-usb-msi-motherboard.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I just made a cpu upgrade to my Asus A7N8X motherboard. I used to have a Barton 2500+ cpu and I upgraded to a a Barton Mobile 2500+.

I can't seem to boot in to windows. The machine boots. I get the windows did not load successfully screen and it asks me if I want to boot safe mode, ..., ..., last good configuration, or start windows normally. What ever one I select, it just reboots itself.

I have tried reseting the cmos, but that didn't work.

It sees the cpu on posting as a Mobile AMD athlon.

After I reset the CMOS it had the CPU recognized as a 600mhz.

Any ideas how I can get this to work??

kaddy69

Relevancy 39.56%

After reading various threads on the issue, I have not been able to bring to life at all my new Syntax K7SV266AD motherboard. I had it pretested so it was supposed to work. I even bought another one with the same result. No fans run or anything. Everything worked with the old board. The switch connections are color coded. I took the board out and made sure nothing was grounding it. Even the second one right out of the box is the same way. I never even placed it in the case. I checked the jumpers and the power supply worked fine before. In fact the unit has not been used much. I just wanted to swap out a board. I was grounded. Am I overlooking something simple?

Relevancy 39.56%

I am building a system and it will not boot..This is what is going on once I hit the on switch...

1) The keyboard lights come on
2) The monitor is not detected
3) If I pull out all of the RAM no error is detected
4) The Power Supply is working
5) The HDD is fine because it came out of a working system
6) The RAM is fine because it came out of a working system
7) I installed a new video card to no avail
8) The CPU fan works

Any ideas where I should go next?

A:Motherboard will not boot

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and read my post.

How do you know that the psu works?

Did you reformat the hard drive before you put it in this system?

Did you use thermal past when putting in the cpu and heatsink?

Did you use the standoffs for the mobo?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-will-not-boot.26037/
Relevancy 39.56%

I ll just start off boot! Cannot PSU, Motherboard, other? or by saying this is my first post so I am sorry if I am breaking any rules or protocol but my problem is urgent And sorry PSU, Motherboard, or other? Cannot boot! if the post is too long but I figure with tech help the more detail the better I m fairly new to the whole quot build your own computer quot deal About a year ago I tried my first time and fried the mobo Then I watched my friend s dad set it up and helped him set up the one I had been using up until now Recently I got a gig hard drive for free with a processor I was going to replace my main HD with it and stick my main back in the old computer it had come from I was unfamiliar with the type of cords needed to connect the new HD to the motherboard After some research I determined that it needed a SATA connector for power and to go in the mobo So being the curious person I am I explored my hardware trying to find out if I had the necessary wires I unplugged everything opened up my case and unplugged my old hard drive It had used ribbon cables and a pin power plug I found the spot to connect the new HD to the MB and conncected them Then after some digging I found the right power cord from my PSU to go into the MB I connected that This is where something went wrong I didn t put everything back together I just left the new HD sitting on my desk with two cords coming from the tower connecting it I didn t really want to set it up yet just see if I had done it right I hit power nothing happens figure I did something wrong I then set everything back EXACTLY the way it had been Still no power Now I thought to myself quot crap there goes another MB quot Before drawing any final conclussion I sent it to my friend s house and his dad told me that he couldn t get anything to power up and he thinks I may need a new PSU but he can t promise it will fix the problem He said there was a possiblity that it was a mobo problem but can t be sure Here s the little thing that s bothering me though There s a really small LED light on my MB that lights up whenever I turn on my power strip If the PSU was dead would that still light up If my MB was dead would it still light up What does it do or mean I tried to find out but could not So here is my really obscure question that problem can t be answered do I need a new PSU MB or other This is my MB http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E And this is the HD http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E P S I just recalled and this might be key About months ago I set up my computer with a lot of new hardware It all worked well enough until I shut my computer down After that it wouldn t turn back on The LED lights and fans in my tower would shut off and the monitor would go black but I couldn t turn the computer back on UNLESS I went in the back and took all the wires out and flipped the power switch a few times The aforementioned friend s dad thought it was a tiny little wire for the power that may have gotten plugged in wrong I dunno Anyway this is what kept my busy for a while wondering whether or not I just wasn t flipping that switch enough times I was never really sure the order in which to pull out the power cord and flip the switch I would just do it a lot and eventually I could turn the computer on again So anyway thanks in advance to anyone who can help nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I hope one of you guys can make some sense of this cos at the moment it beats me I had an E-machines pc that would not boot up and the only way to switch power on and off was with the power supply switch at the wall socket I checked the PSU which seemed Ok and also disconnected the front switch from the mono but still it would only switch on and off at the wall At this point I assumed it was the mobo that was faulty Changed the mobo for a MSI board switched on the pc from the switch on the pc and it booted through the BIOS partly boot no up still New motherboard but into windows but then rebooted no suprise as it was Windows XP and a new mobo I put the windows cd in and started the machine up again it got part way through boot up and froze and switched off I rebooted the machine but now it wouldn t boot up again and New motherboard but still no boot up front switch again not working There was a slight smell of burning and a strange crackling sound from the southbridge chip I think so I assumed the board had failed I have just replaced the board again this time with a Gigabyte board and a similar thing has happened it started to boot up with the windows disc New motherboard but still no boot up in froze and now won t boot up no BIOS at all on the screen I have tried different memory New motherboard but still no boot up a new PSU and a new processor but still no success The memory and processor came out of another pc that was working fine Its a socket board and has a celeron processor in it Has anyone any suggestions PLEASE nbsp

A:New motherboard but still no boot up

As an update, I have tried the memory and processor in another pc and it works OK which makes me wonder if its the PSU after all which is frying the board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-but-still-no-boot-up.51332/
Relevancy 39.56%

...I recently bought a Gigabyte GA- k8NS using a AMD 64 3000 CPU. It has 2 X 512mb DDR 333 (PC2700) memory and I'm using my old 120gb hard drive.....

...right, it turns on OK and gives no indication of problems. Then it stops at the 'there was a problem...etc' and gives you the choice of restart in safe mode, last know config, start windows normally etc. Regardless of what I click, it just reboots. If I leave it, it just carries on with that cycle and goes nowhere.

I;ve stripped it down to bare-bones and still the problem pursists...grrrrrrr !

If anyone can help it would be most appreciated.

Thanx in advance

Dean

A:Motherboard won't go beyond boot

Try reinstalling your OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-wont-go-beyond-boot.128813/
Relevancy 39.56%

I bought a new motherboard today (B3 Asus P8H61-M-LE), and I put in the basic parts such as ram, CPU, and power supply and it worked. the fans were spinning and everything was normal.
I then turned it off and unplugged the power cord to put in the rest of the parts such as the video card, hard drive, now it won't boot. The fans don't spin or anything. The green LED light is still on but it won't boot.

Any ideas what's wrong?

A:Motherboard won't boot

it would help if you posted the complete specs of your system. Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-wont-boot.1059753/
Relevancy 39.13%

Dear reader I m in a pickle now Any help would really be brilliant because I can t get anywhere with this problem Since I built my PC almost two years ago I ve had a few problems In summary right now it just turns on All the fans go round and it makes noise I can hear hard disks whirring but the monitor remains blank Caps won't issues, more any Motherboard(?) PC boot lock doesn t light anything up on the keyboard It s the same as when I first built it and forgot the second motherboard power input so I suspect the board All power cables are plugged well in I ve also seen threads with people complaining about this one ASUS P NT-Deluxe e g Motherboard(?) issues, PC won't boot any more http www motherboardpro com Asus- nVidia-nForce- i-ATX-Motherboard-p- html The other problem I have currently which may be related is some full screen flash videos after - Motherboard(?) issues, PC won't boot any more mins will cause the PC to freeze up The sign that it s coming is that first the mouse icon becomes warped colourful broken misshapen hard to see when moving then the PC becomes completely unresponsive seconds later sometimes enough time to dive for the off button This problem makes me think I have a bad video card Finally when running some games the Wolfenstein demo and most recently Oblivion when using any official drivers newer than a certain version the monitor goes black and the PC is unresponsive and and is still on as per first paragraph so needs a restart In this case a restart often results in the PC staying on but still not booting even if switched on and off I don t know whether this is a motherboard or graphics issue and it hasn t happened lately Most games Napoleon TW demo UT run with absolutely no problems on the latest drivers relevant PC specs intel e x gb OCZ ram PC Asus p n-t deluxe Asus GTX corsair W PSU best regards Chris nbsp

A:Motherboard(?) issues, PC won't boot any more

I have tried the same video cable in the other DVI slot, and also have used the same monitor with my laptop via the analogue cable.
I've tried with with one stick of RAM in different slots to no avail.
I also tried putting the card into the two other slots but this didn't help.
All wiring is definitely secure, but I don't have a voltmeter to check for power.
My mobo manual mentions if nothing appears on screen it's likely failed some sort of start-up test. I'd like to try resetting the BIOS or something but don't very well know what to do there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-issues-pc-wont-boot-any-more.148088/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi I recently experienced some trouble of when I bought a new motherboard cpu Abit KR A w XP VIA A and dropped it in thinking XP Pro OS would boot just fine I get the infamous XP Blue Stop screen every time safe mode or not I think the ide drivers for the new MBD may not be properly to recognize the new hardware I havent installed the VIA in deal I dont know if XP still thinks I am using my Intel chipset though when I attempt safe mode it checks several system files located on the HD Do I do a quot New boot! XP kills motherboard Win my in place quot install to recognize the new HD ware New motherboard kills my Win XP boot! I noticed that the blue stop screen appears before the colorful quot WindowsXP loading quot screen Does windows have some hold to prevent hardware change someone mentioned the registration hardware change limit to what extent would windows prevent boot and what do I do I really appreciate any help you have done so before thru computing net and I thank you Sincerely Robert C

A:New motherboard kills my Win XP boot!

Okay... I am just one opinion, but I think an in place reinstall has it's ups and downs.... the ups is it'll probably fix the problem, the downs is all of your old hardware will still be in there causing trouble. So you can get some other opinions/ideas on that one. But as shifty as Microshaft can be I doubt they'd blue screen you for changing your hardware... It'd most likely be a message of some sort telling you to contact them, and mentioning that piracy is illegal ( gotta love M$) But, you never really know with these things...... One question though.... did you register with Microsoft? Because if so then it very well maybe the new hardware detection and their interlinked paranoia software stopping you from booting. Once again I doubt they'd use a blue screen though.... serious lack of professionalism, they'd take alot of crap for that, plus it's seriously confuse the average user who isn't aware of their paranoia software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/new-motherboard-kills-my-win-xp-boot-1018.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I just got back from vacation andwent to turn on my pc which worked before on my Gigabyte GA78LMTS2 and now cant boot into Windows, instalation media, anything. it just hangs on the BIOS load screen. I am using AHCI for my sata. Any help?

A:Cant boot onto anything, brand new motherboard.

Hi there. Any beep or beeps for BIOS post?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/51348-cant-boot-onto-anything-brand-new-motherboard.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I just built a new system with a MSI K8M800 MOBO
Installed Win 98
Everything is fine until I load the Video Drivers from the MSI CD.
On reboot, the Win 98 splash screen pops up then goes black?
Am I missing something in the bios setup?
MOBO is good, had it running WIndows XP before.
Tried resetting all the bios to factory defaults...No Help

Any got any ideas?

Thanks

A:Boot Fails MSI Motherboard with Win 98

Perhaps the video drivers you installed are for XP and not 98. Are there different ones to select from?

Can you boot in safe mode? You can try to download a more recent driver from the MSI site (if we are talking about onboard graphics).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-fails-msi-motherboard-with-win-98.72869/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello I just got a k7n2g ilsr and when I boot up my comp it dosent but up the bios it just stops also it shuts down in about a minute or so and when I say the bios wont load it just wont load however I know the mother board works because the keyboard lights turn on and the lan lights turn on what may be the problem.
also I cleared the cmos and its still the same maybe the ram?

Relevancy 39.13%

Hello everyone just need to confirm on a problem and maybe get any ideas Day before yesterday my PC just won t boot at all I press the not Motherboard dead? does boot. PC start button nothing at all The night before that the PC was running without any problem I had shut it down normally and had even taken out the mains plug before going to sleep The next morning I plugged it in connected via UPS and the PC just refused to boot at all I checked all connections I then took out every bit of connection from all devices including power chords too On the power connector on the motherboard I noticed two of the contacts are a little black so it seems like something might have happened there I hoped that just the SMPS might have gone bad But I PC does not boot. Motherboard dead? swapped the SMPS from another PC and the PC still fails to boot Does it mean for sure that the motherboard is dead and my worst fear is confirmed I also tried shorting the power-on pins on motherboard manually in case that the start switch might have gone bad but there too no luck The small light on the motherboard comes on though when the power is on Considering that is there any hope for the motherboard at all I am thinking of getting the motherboard checked at the shop in case they can fix problems Should I try or is it gone for good I also haven t tried my SMPS to see if its working or not did not want to fry motherboard of another PCs just in case I am thinking of getting it checked at the shop too Motherboard is Intel D GAV purchased in and the SMPS is of UMax purchased two years ago in case this information even matters Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

Like the title says, I replaced the motherboard on this computer today, it was identical to the original, sent directly from HP. So I installed it, ate some lunch, came back to test it, and it wouldn't turn on. I double-checked the power supply connector and the power switch connector. It had occurred to me that the problem may lie with the processor, but I can't check it again until tomorrow and was hoping to get some peace of mind tonight by at least having a rough idea of what might be wrong. Can anyone offer some advice?

A:Just replaced motherboard, now won't boot

Have a look here: Tutorial: No POST (Power On System Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-replaced-motherboard-now-wont-boot.113840/
Relevancy 39.13%

hi, i got a old pc with a motherboard, gigabyte GA7ZX rev 1.0. when i turn it on it asks me for the boot disk which as i got it off a mate which does not keep things HE does not need any more (he put it in the bin a long time ago) can i get a new disk off the internet or not. P.S. this time i did not do it!

Relevancy 39.13%

Hey guys I thought I would make a post on here to see if there are any computer whizzes that browse and help people on here I keep my hopes high New Boot Issues. Motherboard Anyway New Motherboard Boot Issues. onto the problem I recently purchased a HP Comaq DC CMT Motherboard for my new case Anyway so I connect everything up and it powers on with just the basics - my HDD mb RAM Stick We New Motherboard Boot Issues. get to the post screen and it gives me a -Diskette error After reading up on this it s to New Motherboard Boot Issues. do with a floppy disk drive that it s used to so that doesn t matter and people have said to just booted past this Then it gives me a couple of other errors like -Chassis fan not detected -Microcode Update error Then tells me my config options were automatilly updated Then has F F or F at the bottom in order Boot menu Setup and network boot menu After about seconds it shuts off and any time I press an F button or whatever it shuts off too A friend says it could be my processor but I don t want to go larking around until I get a thumbs up to change it to a lower one What s the Chassis fan Because my CPU fan is connected and spinning Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

I'm using an ASUS K8V-SE Deluxe motherboard with a 80GB HD as primary master. Then I have a CD-ROM set as secondary master and a floppy drive. My boot priority now is CD-ROM > Floppy > HD. I try to boot the system with a copy of Win XP Pro in the CD-ROM (note: this is a burned CD). I get this error message "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" Is this uncertified XP CD causing this error or is it my system set up?

A:Motherboard Boot Problem

If it's an uncertified XP cd, chances are we can't assist you here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-boot-problem.244109/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,

So I didn't look on google before I put in a new motherboard and CPU, and now my computer won't boot at all. Even when I try to do a repair installation it always fails when it comes to the reboot bit.

Are there any solutions for this, I don't fancy losing all of my files.

Luke.

A:Motherboard and CPU replace - will not boot

Hi,

If you didn't prepare the drive before the move and also Repair install fails, your options are getting limited. What I would do is install another drive and put your OS on it with a clean install. Then, take the drive with your data on and put it in there as a slave so you could get your data off.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/motherboard-and-cpu-replace-will-not-boot-85376.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a custom built desktop and recently it has been blue screening quite often. I have tried some of the procedures to repair it but nothing has worked. Now i have encountered another problem. I restart my computer and it stays at a black screen with a small "99" in the bottom right of the screen.

NOTE: My motherboard has a small display that displays error codes. This also displays a "99"

My motherboard is the MSi Military Class II 990FXA-GD80

right now i cannot get past this screen.

A:Windows won't boot. I think due to my motherboard

Quote: Originally Posted by acar25

NOTE: My motherboard has a small display that displays error codes. This also displays a "99"

Hi,

That's the Debug LED Panel. On pg. 2-23 of the motherboard manual, it lists the DEBUG LED messages, but I don't see a "99" listed.

I recommend resetting the BIOS to their defaults (pg. 3-19 and 3-20 of the manual) and see if the system will reboot.

Attachment 227521

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/247968-windows-wont-boot-i-think-due-my-motherboard.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Greetings I first have to apologize new CD boot from Can't Solved: a on motherboard if I don t give all the info that is necessary This is the first system I have actually built from scratch and it was all a rather last-minute quot Hey Solved: Can't boot from CD on a new motherboard you want these parts quot sort of deal I have a moderate amount of tech knowledge and have upgraded swapped out just about every part of a computer before but never actually built an entire system from scratch Now then here s the problem I got a MicroStar motherboard from a friend It s a mode KT AV v a if that helps It Solved: Can't boot from CD on a new motherboard appears to be more or less the one seen here http www pcupgrade co uk productdetails asp ProductID amp categoryid Next I had a stick of MB Kingston RAM Model numbers available upon request but I don t see how it s an issue It s alos got a generic and old but fully functional graphics card of some unknwon type I had in a closet I have an GB HDD which has a working installation of XP Home I also have a generic CD-ROM drive Once I got all of this tested piece-by-piece everything worked great All system case fans run the CD and HDD spin on bootup all that The computer POSTs and I can get into the BIOS but for some reason I can t get it to boot to my recovery CD of XP so that I can get the OS up and running I have tried every IDE cable combo I can think of to no effect As it stands right now my HDD is set to master on IDE and the CD is set to master on IDE I know for certain that the CD drive s jumper is set to Master also I can only assume the HDD s jumper is likewise Nothing else is hooked up to any IDE cables There is also a floppy drive the best I can get is that I can get it to say quot Searching for boot Record from CD-ROM quot And then it says quot Not Found quot moves on to the same search on the floppy drive and then it goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor and just sits there The current boot order is CD HDD Floppy but I ve tried every combo on that too no dice there either Am I missing something Or does anyone have any ideas Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi we ve moved house recently and the movers seem to have knocked something in one of my PCs and it just refuses to turn on now After the move and plugging it in it emitted long beeps with pauses which according to the Gigabyte motherboard means bad RAM I swapped the RAM and it Gigabyte boot won't motherboard still didn t work I unplugged everything leaving only the RAM and video card plugged in and it powered on the fans and hard drive but I still got the beeps I then removed the Gigabyte motherboard won't boot RAM and still got the beeps Changed to a different slot and still got beeps I tried a different power supply and still got beeps OK so I swapped the motherboard for another one I had lying around that is supposed to be working Now after I power this one on I get NO beeps at all This is with the RAM only this new motherboard has onboard video I have tried swapping the CPUs as well I bought a second hand AM processor Other things - no numlock lights on a keyboard if plugged in - I tried plugging in an enclosure open detection plug and still nothing AFAIK I have plugged in the motherboard header connectors properly Are they supposed to go in only one way It seems that no matter which direction I try them in the power still comes on I tried the speaker plug in different directions as well but still got no sound Do I HAVE to plug in a set of speakers with this motherboard I have tried clearing the CMOS by removing the battery for about a minute and putting it back in still nothing Also I have an ATX power supply with one of those detachable -pin type things I can choose to plug it in on the motherboard or not plug it in Should I plug it in I m not talking about the separate V -pin plug thingy Just for reference the motherboards are http www gigabyte com tw Products Motherboard Products Overview aspx ProductID They are both GA-M -S but one is plus I think and one is not I m not sure nbsp

A:Gigabyte motherboard won't boot

ok, your psu seems to be the only thing you haven't swapped out.
the 24-pin thing is the main connector that supplies power to your mobo so it DEFINITELY IS NEEDED. However your mobo may only have a 20-pin port, so assuming your psu has a 20-pin and a 4-pin attachment to give you the 24-pin option (for newer boards) then you should connect it.
The knock could well have damaged the ram slots though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-motherboard-wont-boot.113650/
Relevancy 39.13%

I'm using an ASUS K8V-SE Deluxe motherboard with a 80GB HD as primary master. Then I have a CD-ROM set as secondary master and a floppy drive. My boot priority now is CD-ROM > Floppy > HD. I try to boot the system with a certified version of Windows XP Proffesional in the CD-ROM. I get this error message "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" What in the world could be causing this error?

A:Motherboard Boot PART II

You are pushing your luck

Closing this one too.
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=244109

PM or email me and plead your case with this magically certified version of XP that gives you the same message as the other thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-boot-part-ii.244133/