Windows Support Forum

Solved: Help required upgrading BIOS

Q: Solved: Help required upgrading BIOS

Hi guys, so recently I've been hit with an error that involved the BIOS, to cut a long story short I want to upgrade my BIOS to the latest version.

My BIOS model and version is:

(according to System Information in Windows XP)

American Megatrends Inc.07.00T, 02/04/2001
SMBios Version: 2.3

I have went directly to AMI's website but they just direct you to a software that needs to be downloaded and paid for before you cane ven use it.

I have an ECS M848A rev 2.1 motherboard. So the BIOS and Motherboard manufacturer are not the same. I've also directly been to PC Chips website and can see that the M848AULA rev 2.1 is the exact same model as I can see on the picture on the website, and can confirm that is the one.

I'd like to know how I can found the right BIOS version for my system.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Help required upgrading BIOS

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 57.62%

I want to upgrade Phoenix AWARD BIOS v6.00PG. I have a Shuttle motherboard, however, the BIN number is AK32S306. Where would I find the correct BIOS upgrade, and can it be put on a floppy disk?

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello everyone Hope I am putting this in the correct place I am currently using a good desktop but I am in need of advice on how to upgrade it in the future I am currently running with gb of DDR RAM an nvidia GTX gb a standard ACER Base board an AMD A - Radeon R compute cores C G ghz cores and a w Corsair power supply Now my issue is not knowing the specifications of Motherboard Help Upgrading - and a required CPU my motherboard I am not sure what an upgrade would be Upgrading a Motherboard and CPU - Help required on my current board processor and what would be compatible If I also add some further information my want for an upgrade comes from an inability to load worlds on some more modern games e g fallout will stop mid game and load the world for up to minutes before allowing me to continue regardless of graphics settings and visa versa with GTA though that won't stop more along the lines of the ground simply disappearing If you have any ideas what I could do to improve my setup and or fix my issue I would welcome any advice and help you can offer My thanks in advance Joe

A:Upgrading a Motherboard and CPU - Help required

The olnly possible way of stopping that is to have massive amounts of RAM.
Even then it would take time to reload the active worlds.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/upgrading-motherboard-cpu-help-required-4608586/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I'm trying to upgrade a desktop Windows Pro bit OEM activated SP to Windows I will have several machines to upgrade and my fairly slow connection is capped except for overnight downloads so I've downloaded the bit Techbench iso and burned it to DVD It all looks fine and the sha of the iso is correct I'm in the UK so am using the Key Required Product from - using Techbench Pro ISO 7 Upgrading N version I ran setup exe with Admin rights selected language etc and was Upgrading from 7 Pro using Techbench ISO - Product Key Required then asked for a product key There was no skip button I used MagicalJellyBean to find my key which was the right length etc but wasn't accepted I tried Upgrading from 7 Pro using Techbench ISO - Product Key Required booting from the DVD and this time I did get a skip option but after that was instructed to boot normally and run setup - which just went the same as before key required and the one I have not accepted I have read of not getting a skip option Upgrading from 7 Pro using Techbench ISO - Product Key Required if a Home DVD is used on a Pro installation This can occur with the Media Creation Tool but the TechBench iso has both Home and Pro I think the problem may be that the installation is defaulting to Home but there's no option to select Pro To recap I definitely have a bit Pro installation and am using the bit iso which included Home and Pro I'm trying to do an initial upgrade not a clean installation If I can't get it to work I'll just have to try the online process but an extra GB will put a big dent in my capped monthly download Thanks for any advice Chris

A:Upgrading from 7 Pro using Techbench ISO - Product Key Required

Originally Posted by Greybeard2016

I'm in the UK so am using the N version.

Are you upgrading from the N version of Windows 7?

From a footnote here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/wind...specifications

?N? and ?KN? editions follow the upgrade path of the parent edition (e.g. Windows 7 Professional N upgrades to Windows 10 Pro N).

So I suspect that Windows 7 Pro (without N) might not upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (with N), and vice versa.

I'm not sure there's much advantage in the N versions though - as I understand it, it's forced on Microsoft by some EU ruling, but the only difference is that it doesn't contain Media Player and perhaps some other media components, but I find it much simpler to have the normal version and simply choose to use VLC Player or whatever. We certainly don't *have* to use N versions in the UK.

Also, have a look at this tutorial.
Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/35882-upgrading-7-pro-using-techbench-iso-product-key-required.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello guys.

As you can see, I'm planning on upgrading my motherboard from a gigabyte a75m-s2v to an ASUS F1A75-V EVO motherboard since it seems to have a better overclocking potential with the UEFI bios.
Now.. I don't really want to lose my data on my hard drive as I do not have another drive to transfer all my stuff into at the time. My question goes around what should be done when doing a motherboard swap, it's hard to think it would be as simple as just changing it, as the old one installed all the drivers from it into the hard drive. Should I uninstall them separately before the swap?

Activation is not a problem, a friend of mine gifted me a MAK key for windows 7 Professional,Ultimate/Enterprise. But my main concern is the loss of data, or repercussions of swapping a motherboard, and not formatting my drive for a clean install.

A:Upgrading Motherboard. Is a reformat required?

Bringing up the thread~

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/262747-upgrading-motherboard-reformat-required.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Everyone,
I'm what you called a computer idiot who had no experience with Hardware stuff so i'll like to have some hints for my computer and what to upgrade with.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3071 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 250003 MB, Free - 36488 MB; D: Total - 226925 MB, Free - 22158 MB;
Motherboard: BIOSTAR Group, G31-M7 TE, , None
Antivirus: BitDefender Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled
Please help this old fool on his computer

Relevancy 53.75%

It looks like I will be upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I personalized my current Windows 7--for instance I use the Links feature extensively, I have set various defaults, etc. Will have to redo all of those after installing Windows 10?Thanks for any guidance you can give me. Uncle Dewey

A:Reconfigure Windows required after upgrading from 7 to 10?

"you will also have to get acquainted with Windows 10"I've toyed with the Win10 Preview & it's definitely going to take some getting used to. The Start menu is back but it's different than the Start menu of Win7 & previous versions. The new browser is called Project Spartan Microsoft Edge & is supposed to be the replacement for IE. But IE is still included if you need it for compatibility purposes - you'll have to find it's hiding place though (Accessories).Here's a recent review: http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/reconfigure-windows-required-after-upgrading-from-7-to-10/31.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi All,

I am trying to upgrade the hard drive which has my operating system on it.
I disconnect all drives except the one which has the operating system and the new drive which will replace the old one.
I use Norton ghost to copy from the old to the new but when i connect the new drive only it does not boot into windows.
I beleive i have to make the partition of the new drive as active but at what stage do i have to do this?
Do i just have the new drive plugged in and then change the drive to active?
Can someone please explain exactly what i need to do.

Cheers

A:Upgrading hard drive help required

Yes it has to be active. And is ghost copying the system reserve partition to the new drive ?
Also you may want to try doing a startup repair with your install disc up to 3 times.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/212371-upgrading-hard-drive-help-required.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Dell Latitude D630. It has an admin password for the bios. Nothing is locked except for the settings. I can't change any of the settings in the bios. It lets me boot to windows just fine though. My question is, since I don't know that admin password for the bios, if I upgrade the bios firmware, will the admin password be deleted? Since I'm flashing the bios, I would think that all the settings will be lost. Is that the case?

A:Will upgrading the bios firmware on a Latitude D630 delete the bios admin password?

What?

Didn't you reply here, and say it worked (after the unusual 9th try ) http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109612-109.html#post747024

Awfully strange!

A bios update can't remove passwords. As You Must Know

Oh and thanks for the extended long Title. I'm thinking this Topic of yours would be best removed? What do you think?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-upgrading-the-bios-firmware-on-a-latitude-d630-delete-the-bios-admin-password.138281/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi! I'm thinking about upgrading from windows xp 32bit to windows 7 64bit. I did some research and found out that it's not possible to upgrade from a 32bit OS to a 64bit one. Though you could preform a clean install if you backup your files.

What I wonder is if it's essential that you backup files as I don't care to lose them. will the installation work anyways?

A:Backup required if upgrading from 32bit to 64bit?

Yes you must back up
If you are going from 32 to 64, the best way is clean install with format.
You will lose everything. Backup documents etc. Have CDs with key number ready for programs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/134579-backup-required-if-upgrading-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I bought Windows 7 having come from Vista. However, there is a BIOS update for my system. The new BIOS update states: The BIOS updates the fan control algorithm of the system, and turns the fan on at low volume while your notebook PC is operational. If you are currently experiencing any symptoms on your notebook PC, please contact HP for support. It is located here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...340180&lang=en

I'd love to flash it but not sure if it will ruin my computer as it's more than likely not designed for flash when Windows 7 is on it or do you's know any better?

I also have 2 blue vertical lines going do the right hand side of the screen. I've seen loads of problems but no solutions. Has any fixed this HP problem?

Cheers folks!

A:Upgrading BIOS after Upgrading from Vista to 7

The BIOS is the stuff that happens BEFORE Windows starts to load.
Do you have issues with overheating or with the fan? If so, the BIOS update is for you.
Also, BIOS flashes are dangerous - and you can turn your computer into a paperweight by doing it incorrectly. In short, if it ain't broke - don't fix it!

The type of lines that you describe on your screen are usually caused by hardware issues. Send it in for repair if the system is under warranty. If not, then get an estimate from a local computer store - it may be cheaper to live with it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgrading-bios-after-upgrading-from-vista-to-7-a-451070.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi..
By mistake i updated my Flash ROM (BIOS), But after that i am facing so many small small problems....
Pls give the BIOS program

My original BIOS is TI-810+ES Ver. 1.02

This is TIGA Baby ATX motherboard, the new updated version is 1.08 which is not working perfectly right now
So i need only version 1.02...Pls
Bye
Prakashbe

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, yesterday i purchased an ASUS X551MA laptop, which came with a preinstalled version of Windows 8

My problem is that i want to install Windows 7 on the laptop and get rid of Windows 8 but i am not able to make the computer boot from the DVD.

After searching in the web for a while i found out that i need to disable Fast Boot, and Secure Boot on my laptop BIOS and also enable launch CSM, yet the is no Launch CSM option anywhere on my laptop's BIOS. Is this some kind of a bug or simply my laptop doest not have this option?

A:Help required with BIOS

The BIOS Function Key should be in your user manual.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529917/help-required-with-bios/
Relevancy 50.74%

Windows does not recognise my AGP slot and therefore not my NVIDIA graphics card and consequently my screen resolution is too low for Skype NVIDIA suggests a BIOS update would solve my problem - but it seems impossible to find the correct file to download from either my motherboard manufacturer s site nor even the AMI site My current BIOS is AMI P dated so an update would not go amiss Better that than a new motherboard memory processor etc All suggestions much appreciated Tech Support Update BIOS required Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor AMD Family BIOS Update required Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GS XT Microsoft Corporation BIOS Update required - WDDM v Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ALiveDual-eSATA Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Avast nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I just bought RAM memory from HP (part Number 641369-001). My computer has 4 GB in RAM and I want to upgrade to 8 GB in RAM so I got two memory units.  The instruction indicate that I should update the BIOS of my compuiter. I looked information from the the HP support web page, about how to update the BIOS, sadly there is nothing.  Could somebody, please indicate how I should update the BIOS of my computer? Thanks in advanceJuan Carlos    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BIOS-update-support-required/td-p/5620868
Relevancy 49.88%

I am Really Need The Latest XP Drivers and Bios for My HP Pavilion A630N. But They are Not Listed on The SiteDue to Its Age. If anyone Has Access to Them Please Let Me Know.  I Have Tried Different Third Party Sites but They Either Have The Wrong Drivers for it or They Have Viruses in Them.So All Third Party Site Are Out of The Question. I am Looking to Make a Home Media Server With This Machine and XP Was The Best Choice for It. I Have Been Looking for The Right Drivers for This MAchine for a Week Now. So any Help Would Be Extremly Appreciated! Thank to All That Can Help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Latest-XP-Drivers-and-Bios-Required/td-p/5645161
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello HP team!,I am trying to access into my notebook BIOS and asking me for a 'BIOS adminisrartor password'.I have never gone through the BIOS before and have no crendentials I have Windows 10 Home versionI am following forums on how to change the BIOS for my error below. My original error from trying to run a newly installed Oracle VM Virtualbox is:VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes (VERR_VMX_MSR_ALL_VMX_DISABLED). I am hoping the BIOS change is straight forward!  ... Thank you in advance for your Help! 

A:BIOS Administrator Password required

The Elitebook is a business class machine and,unlike consumer class machines,will require help from HP Support to reset/clear the password. >Contact HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-Administrator-Password-required/td-p/5716706
Relevancy 49.88%

I ordered an Asus M2R32-MVP with an Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition from Newegg.com, set-up the system and got no response even after building with the bare essentials and a variety of other configurations. I get no post and no beeps, but the CPU fan, the video card fan, and the Motherboard green light power indicator all function. I called Asus and they told me that I need to flash the BIOS because the 5000+ Black Edition is a newer processor. I've searched all over the web for this topic and haven't found a thing. In 13 years of building my own computers I've never encountered a dead motherboard does this sound like one or is Asus right and I do need to flash the BIOS?

Relevancy 49.88%

I built the system up, and BIOS starts OK.
But I am unsure as to the way to configure BIOS, and need to be walked through it.
I have two SATA HDDs and wnat to set them up in a RAID array.
But I'm unsure of the entire BIOS setup process, as well as loadung WindowsXPpro, once the BIOS and drives are setup.
I'd really like to do it myself and learn.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hey, I have a PCChips M810LR motherboard...my BIOS are from 1997, so pretty old...I have been having a lot of problems with my computer and I have not been able to find out what the problem is...I bought my computer as a demo off of the show floor at a going out of business sale so maybe some of the hardware could have problems with it?

anyway, I would like to upgrade my bios...PCChips has a large list of downloads for the BIOS upgrades, but I cannot seem to find out which one I need...can anyone help me?

Here is the site of the list:

http://www.pcchips.com.tw/bios/bios.asp?module_id=4

I have checked my system information for the BIOS, but there is no indication of which I should download.

Relevancy 49.88%

I run a msi -760GM-P23 motherboard , the issue is this i have 3 hard drives i have set the bios setting to boot to which hard drive first.

I can disable two of them but when i load my 3rd hard drive and check c programs i can see the files from the other hard drive even tho they have been disabled.

Is there a way i can disable the hard drives in bios?. so it will close them so you cant see the other hard drives if there... in cprogramme folder?

I really dont want to put the power cable source cable out of two hard drives all the time ..
ok thanks

A:Bios help needed please required help with hardrives

Quote: Originally Posted by ohsocute69

I can disable two of them.....

How have you been disabling them so far?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334403-bios-help-needed-please-required-help-hardrives.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Really we are in 2013, and I buy my Idea Centre K320  - 10031 in 2009 and still alders update for the BIOS of the motherboard .......If someone has a serious info contact me, thanks     

A:Bios update is not required for this product - Not...

Hello, I 'm back in 2009 I made a request for the updated BIOS for my Idea Centre K320 .Have had answered me that it was not possible to update Alors!1) This is an error because since I bought my PC. During these 4 years, I could actually proceed to an update ! Yes it's true, and it is not a Fake!2) Now I is not no trace of the Bios firmware ? the file no longer exists ? even on the net can not find ?I do not teach you anything. an update to fix some bugs. , adding new features , support for new hardware etc. ...3) Why I insist ? it's simplea) --- >> My 2x 3TB hard disk WesternDigital green. Are not detected in their entirety ! just 745 GBb) --- >> I have constantly bluescreensc) --- >> Research at this level on the Net have given nothing , because I try everythingd) --- >> including MATRIX STORAGE appears that the launch of the PC and that did not exist beforee) --- >> Believe me when I tell you that I try everything ! via hotline Microsoft with manipulations year ; ends and in addition no results .Here I cry Help! For I am sure that with this small aperture setting Soft my Bios everything would as before ! And then nobody will believe me , these computer engineers did not anticipated a solution in case of crash Bios huh ? I 'm not new.apart from that I would like to know if my motherboard, Ideacentre K320 can receive I7 processor ?is that it would solve my problems the bios ?Finally what does Lenovo on mother board with the option Unified Extensible Firmware Interface ( UEFI ) ?This option is it to program nouveauz pc coming on the market ?I teminerais saying that I saw the Last 450 Ideacentrehttp://shop.lenovo.com/fr/fr/desktops/ideacentre/k-series/k450/ # character % C3% A9ristiquesAnd of course as usual was no info on the mother ! really heartbreaking Thank you for your Help !

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Bios-update-is-not-required-for-this-product-Notebook-Desktop/td-p/1247599
Relevancy 49.45%

HI All,

I need help getting the updated driver for my BIOS.. I made a PC from store bought parts and I am looking to update my BIOS and install win7.

System BIOSdate: 12/24/10
System BIOSversion: GBT - 42302e31 Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Mother board: Gigabyte M68MT-S2P
Any advise on where to find the driver?

Jay

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi everyone,

I have a SATELLITE U400-10O (PSU40E-00R00EG3). It's an older product, but once which I still love an use regularly.

Recently, I have purchased a battery upgrade for this device. Unfortunately, the Laptop won't recognize it. The battery works, but I don't get any information on the charging level. I have tried various 'resetting' tricks (deleting Microsoft ACPI from the installed drivers list, running down the battery completely etc.).

I believe the BIOS could be outdated and I would like to update it. Unfortunately, the Toshiba Support website does not list any updates for it anymore. Does anyone still have access to the BIOS updates for this?

The BIOS is a Phoenix currently at version 4.70.

A:BIOS Update for Satellite U400-10O Required

Hi

N my opinion BIOS has nothing to do with it. Battery can be replaced and if you use compatible batteries they should be recognized properly. Here is the list of all compatible batteries:
PA3534U-1BAS/BRS
PA3536U-1BAS/1BRS
PA3634U-1BAS/BRS
PA3635U-1BAM/BRM

Have you bought one of them and original Toshiba product (Toshiba label) or some no-name product?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?75344-BIOS-Update-for-Satellite-U400-10O-Required
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey, guys!
Not sure, if this is right section.. But when ever I turn on my pc I get messige saying that I need bios update in order to use CPU at full speed. Problem is that I already have the newest version of BIOS that there is for my motherboard.
So I wanted to ask - is there a way to still use my cpu full speed without update (bypassing that error messige or what ever is it supposed to be; manualy add driver for cpu or what ever is needed to run it at full speed; or something else).

I bought new CPU cause my old one was slow. But now because of BIOS runing it on safe mode - my new cpu feels even slower..

A:BIOS Update required to run CPU at full speed?..

Can you list you mother board & processor?
I'm going gt take an educated guess & say your motherboard does not fully support your CPU.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/355692-bios-update-required-run-cpu-full-speed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

days ago my Windows software changed on a restart and now tells me it is not genuine I followed the steps to re-enter my product key 0xc004f063 Error BIOS required missing license. and receive this error Software Licensing Service reported that the computer BIOS is missing a required license Error code xc f Please help Here is my MGA Diag tool validation report Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- BIOS missing required license. Error 0xc004f063 Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -JKHXW-D W -FJQKD Windows Product Key Hash AYaBykmfTHUVW whGaYMeVJn U Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID CC -AC - F - - EDBA EAC BIOS missing required license. Error 0xc004f063 Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt CC -AC - F - - EDBA EAC lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -FJQKD lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt CTO lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt VET WW lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt BA F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt LENOVO lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt TP- V lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM SLP channel Activation ID d c e -c dd- -b f -f f d d Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key FJQKD License Status Notification Notification Reason xC F Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time PM Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline x HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Version ... Read more

A:BIOS missing required license. Error 0xc004f063

YOu've reinstalled Windows using a Retail disk, taher than the manufacturer's recovery media - and used the Key you found with a KeyFinder, or on the internet, rather than teh Key on your COA sticker.

Assuming y your COA sticker is for Windows 7 Home Premium, use the link at teh bottom of the System properties page to change the Key to the one on your sticker and you should be OK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/253370-bios-missing-required-license-error-0xc004f063.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Guys,
I have changed my HD on my Dell laptop and now I'm trying to install Windows 8 from the scratch but the installation keeps asking the serial key. My laptop has the Windows 8 purple stamp (home) below it indicating it has the serial key into the BIOS, I've
tried few different installation medias including downloaded from MSDN and OEM from Dell (I got it from another laptop in my company) but no success, it stops at the stage where I need to type the serial key.

My question is if the BIOS needs to be configured to AHCI or another type and what can I do to have my serial key recognized in the installation process?

Thanks

Se ajudei favor marcar minha resposta como solução
Thiago Di Giorgio
MCSA: Server 2003 / MCTS: ISA Server 2006
E-Mail / Msn: [email protected]
Blog:http://tgiorgio.wordpress.com
LinkedIn: http://br.linkedin.com/in/tgiorgio

A:BIOS mode required to recognize serial key embedded into it

You can find the serial number with this tool but you will still need to find the right media to install with it.  BTW you should not need the key as the installation media should find it

https://neosmart.net/blog/2014/windows-10-embedded-product-key-tool/Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5e923fe5-461e-4868-a7da-50b4aaaf4de3/bios-mode-required-to-recognize-serial-key-embedded-into-it?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 49.02%

hello I am trying to work on a Dell Inspiron 530s Desktop with Vista 32 bit, in which when I power it up the "Dell BIOS revision 1.0.15 F2= Setup F12= Boot Menu " Screen appears and just stays there.. I try to enter safe mode, setup, Boot Menu, But nothing, just frozen. So Itried to reset the CMOS/BIOS by way of the jumpers, still frozen on the Screen.. If i click on F2 or F12 nothing happens. Any Suggestions? Thanks

A:Stuck on bios startup screen-Urgent help required.

Could be a hardware problem, as usually the machine does some rudimentary checking upon power up. Is it still under warranty ? If so, send it in for repairs.

If not under warranty, I would first check the ram. If you have several sticks of ram, remove one, reboot and see if it boots up. Then remove an additional one and test again. Try to test run each individual ram stick. Remember not to touch the chips with your hands, hold the ram stick by the edges.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-bios-startup-screen-urgent-help-required.1042142/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi guys,

Hoping someone could help.

I received my Satellite Click Mini yesterday and I've currently got it on charge after discovering there are quite a few drivers to be installed before you can actually use the thing.

Whilst the notebook is on charge I'm attempting to download the BIOS update onto my laptop so I can transfer it to my notebook once it is fully charged ... I haven't had any issues downloading the likes of the wifi driver for example but when I attempt to download the BIOS update a new tab opens where Toshiba are asking me for a username and password? I've tried entering my username and password I used to register on this website and I've also tried using a different computer to download it but with no luck. It's worth noting that I was able to partially download the file last night but then it failed half way through downloading?!

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Liam

A:Username and password required for BIOS Update download?

Hi all,

I'm eager to read an answer that helps on these issues...

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?85284-Username-and-password-required-for-BIOS-Update-download
Relevancy 48.59%

HelloHard drive crashed, installed replacement. Trying to verify HDD in BIOS, and am stuck at the Administrator Password screen. Device: HP Pavilion Entertainment PC Laptop dv6OS: Eventually Win 7 again Error code: 54820996 Thanks for any help!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Administrator BIOS password required after hard drive crash/...

@hp-laptop-noob? Enter   41788318 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Administrator-BIOS-password-required-after-hard-drive-crash/td-p/5679396
Relevancy 48.59%

in November 2015, I bought a laptop Portege Z30-B-117 PT253E-013008CZ. Today I discovered the information that is needed to activate windows. The laptop has been pre-installed Win 7 Pro and Media attached to Win 8 Pro. In notebook isn?t COA label. When you generate the code and enter it into the activator appears information - error 0xc004f063 computer bios is missing required license. Microsoft, I was told that my product key is required to supply a computer manufacturer. Please help, I could turn the system on and work again. Thank you very much

A:Portege Z30-B-117 0xc004f063 computer bios is missing required license

in November 2015, I bought a laptop Portege Z30-B-117 PT253E-013008CZ. Today I discovered the information that is needed to activate windows. The laptop has been pre-installed Win 7 Pro and Media attached to Win 8 Pro. In notebook isn?t COA label. When you generate the code and enter it into the activator appears information - error 0xc004f063 computer bios is missing required license. Microsoft, I was told that my product key is required to supply a computer manufacturer. Please help, I could turn the system on and work again. Thank you very much

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89460-Portege-Z30-B-117-0xc004f063-computer-bios-is-missing-required-license
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I unleash update to BIOS Unknown full power required its detected, CPU did not have this problem until I updated my BiOS some time ago Now I have updated my BiOS again and again but the message won t disappear Here s a CPU identification repotr Intel Pentium said Intel R Processor Identification Utility Version Time Stamp Number of processors in system Current processor Active cores per processor Disabled cores per processor Processor Name Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Type Family F Model Stepping Revision Maximum CPUID Level L Trace Cache K ops L Data Cache KB L Cache MB Packaging LGA Platform Compatibility Guide A Enhanced Intel SpeedStep R Technology Yes MMX TM Yes Intel R SSE Yes Intel R SSE Yes Intel R SSE Yes Intel R SSE No Enhanced Halt State No Execute Disable Bit Yes Intel R Hyper-Threading Technology Yes Intel R Architecture Yes Intel R Virtualization Technology No Expected Processor Frequency GHz Unknown CPU detected, BIOS update required to unleash its full power Reported Processor Frequency GHz Expected System Bus Frequency MHz Reported System Bus Frequency MHz Click to expand Let me know if you need to know what else hardware I have nbsp

A:Unknown CPU detected, BIOS update required to unleash its full power

I found this on the ASUS site
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx..._id=1&model=P5B+Deluxe&page=1&SLanguage=en-us
or you might try clearing CMOS first, doubt it could hurt and it's easy.
But I also saw that, if you received a support disk with your machine, there should be a BIOS recovery/update program there.
I hope one of these will work for you. Good luck and thanks for posting your system specs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-cpu-detected-bios-update-required-to-unleash-its-full-power.128928/
Relevancy 46.87%

Thinking about upgrading BIOS (4/99). Received an offer $24.95 for the match I need. Said it was an easy install. Pros? Cons? Necessary? Thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

My daughter has a Dell Inspiron laptop Her battery has died and I looked up the replacement battery but it states that I may have to upgrade the BIOS Upgrading BIOS for the battery to work The exact Upgrading BIOS battery info is as follows this is info from the original dead battery Battery LIP DLP Unique ID Sony Corp LIP DLP Chemistry LION Power state On Line Manufacturere Sony Corp I have never upgrade Upgrading BIOS flashed a BIOS but I know if it is done wrong you end up with a big paperweight I have searched on how to do this but all the sites were old and talked about copying the file to a floppy to run the program to flash the BIOS A good share of the computers today don t even have a floppy drive and I really don t want to install one or buy an external one just to do this Need some input on this if possible Thanks nbsp

A:Upgrading BIOS

You need to confirm this with the service tag from your daughter's computer, but there is a BIOS update that can be run from the hard drive.

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...0&servicetag=&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=-1&impid=-1

Go to http://support.dell.com and enter the computers service tag, and that will definitely lead you to the correct BIOS update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-bios.774384/
Relevancy 46.87%

I m attempting to upgrade my BIOS The motherboard is an ABIT-VL The OS is Windows Professional I know I need to do the following Upgrading BIOS - boot up with a boot disk from a floppy - after a clean boot into DOS execute the BIOS upgrade executable program on another floppy disk we ll call it BIOS upgrade floppy - execute the flash BIOS executable file also contained on the BIOS upgrade floppy - shut down the computer - remove floppy disk - clear CMOS data There is a CMOS jumper near the battery Change the jumper position from default - to - for one minute to discharge the CMOS data then put it back to default - - turn on computer hit quot delete quot to enter BIOS set-up page to do correct settings DONE Now my problem is this I am unable Upgrading BIOS to put together a boot disk on that computer windows pro How do I make a boot disk I even tried using a boot disk I made from my other computer windows But when I attempted to use it Upgrading BIOS in the computer in question the computer wouldn t recognize any files on that floppy disk Am I missing something here Thank you for any help you can offer nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys, I need to update my "IBM bios ver PIKT 37.0"
please tell me the procedure,
OS-winxp 5.1
processor-1.0 G.Hz
from where i can download the latest ver of my IBM bios,
thanks for help.
I have awdflash.exe utility but not know how to use it.

A:upgrading ibm bios

If you Google;
BIOS how to make and model
that will give you a place to start.
as you provided us no info that will help us help you better...

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.htmlClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-ibm-bios.750173/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am also not able to utilize all of my 4GB of memory (can see only 3GB) using my Asus P5B premium motherboard on my 64bit operating system. At the Asus web site there is a bios upgrade that corrects a problem as stated in the next sentence below.
"P5B Premium BIOS 1201
1. Fix CPU VID cannot be adjusted when using certain CPU"

Is it POSSIBLE that this bios upgrade (Fix CPU VID) MIGHT correct that problem? I'm reluctent to flash my bios but if flashing the bios MIGHT correct the problem its worth a try.

FyrmnJ

A:Upgrading Bios

I flashed my Asrock bios a couple of times. They provide a very easy way to do it from within Vista/7.

Not sure about Asus - imagine it is the same.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/34955-upgrading-bios.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Anyone know where I can upgrade the bios for a Emachine 400IDX system?

MB is a TriGem Micro-ATX Motherboard (FLORIDA-TG(A))

I've been to the Emachine website and found nothing...

A:Upgrading the BIOS

Try the motherboards web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-the-bios.130754/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am getting "unknown cpu type" I just put in a Amd Athlon Xp 2800 fsb266 chip clocks at 2.13 ghz in my emachines motherboard is an AM35 bios specs below It runs fine but I just want to get rid of that unknown cpu crap

BIOS Type: Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG
BIOS Date: 04/29/02
BIOS ID: KM266-8233-6A6LVF0BC-00
OEM Sign ON: Version VLA414E
SUPER I/O: ITE 8705/SiS 950 rev 2 found at port 2Eh
Chipset: VIA 82C3116 rev 0

anyone know where i can get a bios update for this as well as how to backup my bios just in case of crash after flash thanks in advance hope you guys can help me out

A:need help on upgrading bios

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your cpu should run on an fsb of 166mhz(333mhz effective) Giving you a cpu speed of 2083mhz.

See HERE for AMD Athlon XP specs.

Check in your bios that the fsb is correct.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-on-upgrading-bios.35638/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,
Trying to upgrade my bios so it has full support for my processor. I read through the instructions given, made a startup ms-dos floppy, and booted from the floppy (with the bios update on it). All I get is an error saying:
I/O disk error
Why is this? I've read through over forums, but nothing seems to help in terms of changing the cables around etc, the drive is working as I managed to copy files onto it.
Please help, anyone?

A:Bios Upgrading

Likely an error in the download. Those BIOS updates are protected as much as possible from defects. If there is any chance of a problem, the BIOS install will not run, because it can permanently ruin the computer.
Suggest you run a new download when all this bad weather has stopped stiring up the internet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-upgrading.75036/
Relevancy 46.87%

I need help with my bios. I have them on a floppy disk and everytime I restart my computer it will state that there is a error or disk is empty. For somereason it will not autorun the upgrade. Can some suggest any thing else I should try?

Thanks
Sharktress

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-upgrading-bios-288971.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys,

I have an asus CUSL2 - C motherboard which doesn't suppport Windows XP!So I cannot install the drivers of the card but the PC works fine.I do however want to upgrade the card's bios so that I can install the necessary drivers!
I' ve downloaded the latest version but it's an .awd file and I don't have the right program to open it!
So, what I am asking is the appropriate program and directions on how to upgrade the bios then!

Thanks a lot, Vangelis

A:Bios Upgrading...

If you can't install the drivers I would not attempt to flash the bios, you could make the PC that works fine, totally useless.

Are you trying to install the drivers from ASUS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-upgrading.303588/
Relevancy 46.87%

i want to updgrade my bios and i dont know which updgrade to pick. here is a link to bios upgrade for my board.
http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/Downl...DUCT_ID=1265&CATEGORY_TYPE=null&STATUS_FLAG=A

Relevancy 46.87%

There is an old computer that needs to have the BIOS upgraded on it because it is very low advanced, and only gives you 3 different options in the setup. It is a very good computer, but the problem with this BIOS is that it will not recognize any hard drive over 2 gigs. I am trying to install a 15 gig in there now.

The purpose of reviving this computer is to give it to a friend who doesn't really have a computer, and I see this as a good alternative. I will also install Windows 2000 on this computer.

Now I heard that installing the incorrect BIOS software will completely DESTROY the motherboard and render it useless. Could someone point me to the correct software upgrade? I am not sure where to find the info for the BIOS either, such as the manufacturer.

Relevancy 46.87%

My computer keeps crashing and I keep getting this error. The error report I get back says the error is unknown, but consider a bios upgrade. I already went to my mobos manufacturers website and if you want a bios upgrade they refer you to some site that charges you money.

Does anyone know a free way to upgrade your bios? If you do, please explain with the most lamen terms possible, for I am not the greatest with repairs.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2782/erroron5.png
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6874/98414364lh3.png
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8884/93565819dq2.png
http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/73/68712822ah1.png

Relevancy 46.44%

I want to install 7 on my Dell XPS M1330, currently running Vista, but have hit an issue. "Windows cannot be installed on this computer with the current system BIOS version. Contact your computer manufacturer for a BIOS update, install the update, and then start Windows installation again. OEM Name: Dell Inc.; XPS M1330 ; BIOS Version: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A10; BIOS Date: 20080421000000.000000+000"

How do I even begin? I thought I found that BIOS on the Dell site ( http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=252274 ), but I can't figure out how to actually install an update. Can someone help me please?

Thank you so much for your time.

A:Upgrading BIOS for 7 upgrade?

download the bios update say to your desktop. then right click the file you just downloaded and run as admin. just follow the promps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgrading-bios-for-7-upgrade-479565.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So basically I got my new laptop which is the Aspire E - Now my question would be how Aspire E5-473 Upgrading Bios would I update my BIOS I haven't updated it yet i'm currently running the stock one Since I recently found out that there's currently a new BIOS update for the laptop model in the acer official website And which one should I download and install nbsp To anyone who might ask why I'm planning to upgrade update my BIOS it seems like my battery's getting drained even if my laptop is Upgrading Bios Aspire E5-473 turned off I had last - days when I opened up my laptop today I only had remaining Thinking that updating my bios would be the fix for this nbsp I downloaded one and it just said to run the executable file but I'm afraid I might do it wrong and brick out my new laptop Any help would be Upgrading Bios Aspire E5-473 glady appreciated Thank you nbsp P S I made sure that this is the right model of my laptop I also have searched my drivers using the serial number attached below my laptop nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Upgrading-Bios-Aspire-E5-473/td-p/464034
Relevancy 46.44%

hi my name is joshua i have a hp pavilion dv4 notebook pc i just try to upgrade the bios to a newer version on the installation process my system hanged for a long time i tried to reboot it and it shows blank screen and caps lock and numb lock blinks four times please help me out

A:bios upgrading issues

Hi,Did you connect your machine to AC power when updating BIOS ? Please try a hard reset and see if it works.1. Power off your laptop2. Remove the a/c adapter, battery and everything that is attached to your laptop.3. Hold the 'POWER 'button down on your laptop for about 10 seconds.4. Plug in the a/c power supply (without battery) and power on. Note: You need to use AC power when udating BIOS.Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/bios-upgrading-issues/td-p/5722374
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys.

I just flashed the BIOS on my ASUS P5B-MX / WiFi-AP Motherboard. I upgraded from version 0501 to 0702. However, after the update i can't set my RAM to 667MHz as I could do before. It keeps it at 533MHz.

I use Transcend PC5300 RAM.

It also says "Unknown CPU detected. BIOS upgrade is required to unleash its full power." when I start my PC. However I press F1 and it continues to Windows.

Please help.

A:Problems After Upgrading BIOS

A BIOS update should allow the detection of more types of CPU, not fewer. It almost sounds like the "newer" BIOS is actually older.

Can you post a link to the BIOS updates you used? What problem forced you to the drastic need to update the BIOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-after-upgrading-bios.118503/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am going through the recommended steps to upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.1.  This includes upgrading the BIOS to the latest version on my HP700-430eq desktop machine which I am very happy with in every respect. My current BIOS is 80.23 9-12-2014  2AF3 SSID family.  The HP recommended upgrade is to 80.24A 8-23-2015 I have had no issues with the current BIOS.  Is upgrading the BIOS a necessity for Win10?  According to HP there is no way to reinstall the old BIOS after installing 80.24A. Would appreciate any cautions or recommendations.Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/issues-upgrading-80-23-bios-to-80-24A/td-p/5656322
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, i am going to upgrade my award bios, i already recieved the floppy. Now directions say to enter BIOS CMOS setup, go to boot sequence and boot from Afloppy) first. Save settings and exit by pressing F-10.
I don't want to screw up so do i go to boot sequence: A,C,SCSI, and save and exit on setup page and press F-10 to exit.
Then I shutdown the system, insert floppy and reboot, so far, so good? I hope.
Now is there anything i need to do to backup in case of a bad install, if so what do i do? Does all the above seem correct also?
Thanks for any tips.
Bob

Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys New to the Forums and first post Bit of a noob so bear with me Hopefully someone here will be able to help me as google has failed lol Recently got a bargain deal on a second hand desktop with the idea to upgrade it myself into a mid range media gaming rig It has an ms- p m m motherboard and an intel celeron D processor After ascertaining that it was compatible with my motherboard i bought an intel Core duo E I plopped that bad boy into the mobo and fired up the computer Fans and heatsinks started whirring and it was all making lovely computery Dead Bios? Cpu....Upgrading noises But alas my monitor did sweet FA totally blank nada Dismayed isnt even the word i put my celeron processor back in to Dead Cpu....Upgrading Bios? see if it would work with the old cpu and here comes the good part i didnt istall the heatsink as i only intended to switch it on for a few seconds to see if the monitor would work which it did btw Unfortunately those few seconds were enough to decimate my poor celeron cpu After doing a bit of research i discovered i might to update my bios Now my celeron still boots windows and actually works but it runs slower than a a a insert witty pun about slow things here and when i hit quot ctrl shift esc quot my cpu usage is at a constant Now my question is this and i will forever love the person who can give me the solution aside from the usual quot haha noob take to a professional blah blah blah quot Because Dead Cpu....Upgrading Bios? yes i know i wish i had But im on a tight budget so couldnt really afford to fork out the cash so dont kick a man when he s down haha Have i forgotten something oh yes the question How do i update my bios with a dead cpu so my mobo will accept my new cpu Lengthy post i know Sorry i dont hold much hope beyond getting a new celeron cpu and upgrading the bios or getting a newer mobo but id really rather not But seriously if anyone can help i will be extremely grateful Thanks guys Ant nbsp

A:Dead Cpu....Upgrading Bios?

Axemanant said:

After ascertaining that it was compatible with my motherboard i bought an intel Core 2 duo E6750.
How did you ascertain this...because there is no mention of E6750 support for that board on MSI's own site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-cpu-upgrading-bios.1021794/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all,

I have an old HP G6000 laptop that I have wiped, put XP on and replaced the faulty Wifi card inside it.

The laptop is not detecting the card, not even as an unknown device in device manager and I was wondering if updating the BIOS would help?

The problem is, the HP site only lists BIS upgrades for Vista and I was wondering if I could upgrade the BIOS using the Vista upgrade or do I need to use an XP one?

Thanks,
StubbyHS

A:Upgrading BIOS quick question

I'd check the BIOS to see if something didn't reset or become disabled, first off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/211184-upgrading-bios-quick-question.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an old compaq presario 2275 that I thought would be fun to get running again. The problem is that when I try to reload win 98 I keep having problems since I don't have the original factory recovery disk. Does anyone have a way to reset the bios other then removing the battery? Is there a flash upgrade someone knows about? I have tried google but to no avail.
TIA!

_XD_

A:resetting/upgrading old compaq bios

dear former druggie

What makes you think that resetting the bios is going to help you with this situation??

I can't see what benefit it would be. You need to get an OS install disk of some flavor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resetting-upgrading-old-compaq-bios.358990/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi This is my daughters machine Prob no sound coming from onboard outlet speakers fine Q Bios Upgrading A7V8X on ASUS BIOS installed is v Upgrading BIOS on ASUS A7V8X most recent version available according to ASUS website is Beta Version bit concerned with the words Beta version so maybe i should upgrade with nd most recent version namely Version It appears that version quot Fixed audio modem codec ID problem quot but unsure if this will resolve the sound Upgrading BIOS on ASUS A7V8X issue i Upgrading BIOS on ASUS A7V8X have Anyway it may be good to get the latest version anyway and possible just try and get the correct driver - nb no sound drivers are shown at all to be installed Q Back to the BIOS upgrading ASUS website s inx do not seem to be compatible with XP ie saying create a bootable system floppy without config and autoexec AFLASH exe software boot ini the BIOS upgrade My problem confusion is not with the software or bios upgrade version on the floppy but with the boot ini and the type of boot files i should have on the floppy in order to get to the aflash menu option and not straight into win xp as seems to happen Be grateful for your help JB nbsp

A:Upgrading BIOS on ASUS A7V8X

The command.com is the boot part
The autoexec.bat and config.sys files are for autoloading drivers and commands (not required)

Quote from here: http://support.asus.com/technicaldocuments/technicaldocuments.aspx?root=198&SLanguage=en-us

However, you will need to have AFLASH.EXE (unzipped) utiility and set the floppy drive as the boot drive. Then, type in the command [ FORMAT A:/S ] (without [] brackets) in DOS mode to create a boot disk. Do not keep AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files in it; Later on, choose item [1] ?Save Current BIOS to File (Save Existing BIOS to File) screen will appear. Then, when you see the query for filename appears, please insert a filename (eg. A:\XXX-XX.XXX ) and hit .Click to expand...

Here's your Drivers page (and bios too) again: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?modelname=A7V8X&SLanguage=en-us

Or use this way (preferred, in case you have mx and you don't know it)
Please press the green button, and select your drivers

Sorry, it seems you must do this twice, once here, then when you get to Asus support, click it again. This button uses JavaScript (which is enabled by default on most browsers)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-bios-on-asus-a7v8x.112110/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi This is my daughters machine Prob no sound coming from onboard outlet speakers fine Q Bios installed is v most A7V8X BIOS Upgrading ASUS on recent version available according to ASUS website is Beta Version bit concerned with the words Beta version so maybe i should upgrade Upgrading BIOS on ASUS A7V8X with nd most recent version namely Version It appears that version quot Fixed audio modem codec ID problem Upgrading BIOS on ASUS A7V8X quot but unsure if this will resolve the sound issue i have Anyway it may be good to get the latest version anyway and possible just try and get the correct driver - nb no sound drivers are shown at all to be installed Q Back to the BIOS upgrading ASUS website s inx do not seem to be compatible with XP ie saying create a bootable system floppy without config and autoexec AFLASH exe software boot ini the BIOS upgrade My problem confusion is not with the software or bios upgrade version on the floppy but with the boot ini and the type of boot files i should have on the floppy in order to get to the aflash menu option and not straight into win xp as seems to happen Be grateful for your help JB nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello, I bought a new processor (E8400) and wanted to upgrade from e5400 to e8400 but i couldn't.  When i started with e8400 the computer made 1 short beep and 1 long beep and kept doing it like for more than 5 min. How can i make my processor work? pegatron ipiel-la3  is my motherboard. I'm using windows 10. Please help me i'm so sad

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-bios-can-t-start-with-new-processor/td-p/5732411
Relevancy 46.01%

Can I upgrade the BIOS on my T61 if it has a dead battery?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

Relevancy 46.01%

I just got a new mobo (Gigabyte 990FXA-UB3) and a new CPU (AMD FX-6100). Gigabyte has been telling everyone that in order to use these components together, one must update the BIOS with your old processor (for me, a Phenom II x4) for the new processor to work. How does one go about doing this? I don't understand how you update the BIOS for one processor to work with another. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Relevancy 45.58%

Product Name: Pavilion dv6-6090ee
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
hi,
i have this dv6-6090 for i think 5 years now, after upgrading to windows 10 (my original os was win7) i was thinking of making my drives gpt and upgrading my bios to uefi, i bought an ssd drive i want to replace it with my old hdd, now i want to keep my os and upgrade my bios to uefi, i want to know how, is it possible at all? to keep my original windows 10 witch i dont have any installation media from, and upgrading my bios to uefi and making my drives gpt? by the way, i don't have any problem just migrating my os from old hdd to new ssd drive, my problem is just that bios update to uefi. i checked and figured with hwinfo64 that my motherboard is UEFI BIOS capable.
tnx

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/50117-keeping-my-original-os-while-upgrading-my-bios-uefi.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a T500 (2081CTO) running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and am preparing to upgrade to W10. The Lenovo Windows 10 docs I've read say to upgrade to the most recent BIOS before upgrading. My current BIOS is version 3.22 (6FET92WW) dated 2011. Despite Lenovo System Update v5.07.0029 NOT displaying any BIOS updates, when I happened to check Lenovo's site for drivers & software I see that Version 3.23 (BIOS ID: 6FET93WW) update is available. It is not described as "Important" and only offers "Added support for the function to disable & unconfigure AMT via WMI". I'm not sure if SU is failing to offer the update, or if has good reason not to offer it. I've also read that some people have had issues with v3.23 and needed to revert to the previous 3.22 version. Is the newer version "really" required to perform the W10 upgrade? Frank

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Question-about-upgrading-T500-BIOS-in-preparation-for-W10/td-p/3348297
Relevancy 45.58%

hi,i have this dv6-6090 for i think 5 years now, after upgrading to windows 10 (my original os was win7) i was thinking of making my drives gpt and upgrading my bios to uefi, i bought an ssd drive i want to replace it with my old hdd, now i want to keep my os and upgrade my bios to uefi, i want to know how, is it possible at all? to keep my original windows 10 witch i dont have any installation media from, and upgrading my bios to uefi and making my drives gpt? by the way, i don't have any problem just migrating my os from old hdd to new ssd drive, my problem is just that bios update to uefi.tnx

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/keeping-my-original-os-while-upgrading-my-bios-to-uefi/td-p/5617859
Relevancy 45.58%

any body can help me please. after upgrade my NEC Versa P8100 Laptop bios its not opening. screen is competely black.

A:after upgrading the bios my laptop screen was black

When you downloaded that bios , what link did you use - please post here
There may be a recovery procedure available
was the bios upgrade interupted at all ?

Heres an exampe DO NOT DO THIS - we need to know more detail
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm
http://www.technibble.com/how-to-recover-from-a-bad-bios-update/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-upgrading-the-bios-my-laptop-screen-was-black.892140/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am now at my wits end having just upgraded some of my hardware I recently bought myself a new WD Tb sata drive a new midi tower case and a Gigabyte GeForce GTX card As my old tower couldn't take the new card i needed a new tower that could I spent Thursday stripping out the PSU mobo soundcard hd drives and RAM and rebuilding them in to the new rig Apart from some swearing when i on screen splash BIOS after Hanging upgrading realised the ATX cable literally only just made it to the socket with some strategic manoeuvres the new build was ready to go I hit the switch and everything stopped at the bios splash screen I hve read through some of the Hanging on BIOS splash screen after upgrading other threads here for any help and nothing worked I've reset CMOS i've taken out the battery i've stripped everything out and reseated all connectors i've tried each device individually The speaker is sounding the single 'everything okay' beep I take out the RAM and reboot and the speaker goes mad as expected The keyboard is working fine as it allows a ctrl alt del reset but won't let me in to the BIOS I was about to put the original rig back together to see if something went wrong between the two but one of my lovely kids spilled a glass of orange over my old GFX card Help Current unworking build Gigabyte GA-Z -DS H Intel i Gb DDR Corsair XMS Tb Seagate Barracuda Tb Western Digital Gigabyte GeForce GTX Windforce Inwin GT Midi ATX case

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/382743-hanging-bios-splash-screen-after-upgrading.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Can t track any info on flashing a bios for a pheonix-award mobo Nforce2 upgrading a bios on chipset Difficulty Plenty on just awards but they dont match my bios numbers BIOS type Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG BIOS ID -nVidia-nForce-JL BC CC- Note that I tracked down an updated bios from the Chaintech website its a chaintech mobo but its just a Difficulty upgrading bios on a Nforce2 chipset rar of different bios versions with different numbering systems not realy saying which is the newest and the ones with the latest revision numbers are only as new as november of Hoping that upgrading the bios will upgrade the raid controller so it can see my new drives Every forum post i ve found with people asking the same question people reply with quot well dont flash the bios do this quot so i havnt seen any actual help on upgrading a bios Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated short of quot buy a subscription to a program that updates your drivers quot nbsp

A:Difficulty upgrading bios on a Nforce2 chipset

If the "latest" BIOS revision is 2004, then you may not be able to upgrade .

Most (if not all) BIOS are tied to a board/chipset/manufacturer combination, and I doubt if it's prudent to go "BIOS shopping" and install an alien piece of firmware in your beloved board. It sounds like a recipe for disaster,

The RAID controllers you speak off should be based in hardware as well, and your board simply may not have the capabilities you want.

It's way easy to turn a board into a brick with an improper BIOS flash, even the right update.

I realize that I'm no fun, sorry. Maybe someone else knows more about this than I do.

A quick google leads me to believe that the Phoenix Corporation manufacturers "Award BIOS", and that they're really not 2 separate entities. But here again, things change fast in tech products.
Here's the answer, they've merged: http://vista-agent.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/difficulty-upgrading-bios-on-a-nforce2-chipset.121710/
Relevancy 45.58%

Originally my laptop is running with 384mb ram memory.I purchased 1 chip 1gb from the same type but it won't detect it.I remove the old ones and install the new memory.It starts and the shuts down after few seconds without being able to load even bios
Please help.

A:Problems upgrading bios on ispiron 5100

The specs for the Dell insiron 5100 say that maximum ram is 1 GB. however this does not necessairlly mean that you can use a single 1Gb stick. it may be that your laptop has to have TWO 512 sticks to run at 1 Gb of ram. I would suggest checking your dell handbook or going to the dell site to see how large of a single stick of ram the laptop can use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-upgrading-bios-on-ispiron-5100.34991/
Relevancy 45.58%

I had a new motherboard FIC VL13L and Celeron 2.2G. But the motherboard has a older version of BIOS which can only support Celeron 2.0G. I tried to upgrade the BIOS but it requires a supported CPU, which I don't have. How can I solve the dilemma?

Another problem is before I realized the incompatibility between the motherboard and the CPU, I installed CPU + fan and powered up for several times. Then when I removed CPU and fan, they were stuck together and couldn't be seperated. Is that the way it's supposed to be, or did I damage them already?

Please help! Thank you very much.

Jason

A:Problems building a PC: upgrading BIOS, and CPU/fan problem

well, im not sure about the mobo issue, but i'm pretty sure that the cpu and fan shouldn't be stuck together. did you apply a coat of that goo stuff? (i forget what it's called, some sorta lubricant yadda yadda)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-building-a-pc-upgrading-bios-and-cpu-fan-problem.168713/
Relevancy 45.58%

I was getting a system crash with my new GTX 770 when I had a 600w PSU with 34amps on the rail.

So I upgraded my PSU to 750w (CX750M) with 62amps on the rail. The GTX 770 requires that it has 42amps. So my 62amps is enough.

But I'm still getting system crashes when playing a game.

Any solution?
Thank you

A:Do I need to download driver or update Bios after upgrading new PSU?

Power supplies do not require a driver and are not affected by the BIOS version.

You may have a different problem. If you can post the error messages from the crash here that may provide some clues, or you could post in the BSOD Help and Support Forum. Follow their posting instructions to get the best help.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/336521-do-i-need-download-driver-update-bios-after-upgrading-new-psu.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone ! I had a problem with upgrading BIOS with HP TouchSmart 610-1280qd  (Windows 10) When I tried to upgrade BIOS toVersion: 7.15  (sp58106.exe)  my computer suddenly shouted down and now I have a black screen with 8 beeps and Windows -B bottoms combination does not work to get BIOS recovery So Probably I need to clear the CMOS - Reset the BIOS and I know in the most cases the jumper is close to the battery   (I have some expireance with old monorail all in one computer)  Do you have a picture where is the  a jumper and what is the easies way to get to the jumper without unnecessary disassembling or maybe you know another bottom combination to overwrite corrupted BIOS   Your Help will be Highly Appreciated !!!   Thank you in advance !   P. S. No warranty for my PC (2012)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Upgrading-BIOS-with-HP-TouchSmart-610-1280qd-Windows-10-with/td-p/5751800
Relevancy 45.58%

Here is the site for upgrading the BIOS on it http://support.asus.com/technicaldocuments/technicaldocuments.aspx?SLanguage=en-us AFUDOS (First Link)
I don't fully understand what the site says. The reasons I need to upgrade is to support the CPU it doesn't support with factory installed BIOS.

I would really like someone would fully explain this.

Thank you very much !!!!

A:Need help upgrading BIOS on a ASUS K8V SE DELUXE MOBO

Please got floppys on stanby. Don't lecture me the bumping a thread. I have been a memeber for a while I understand the guidelines, but I need this done A SAP.

Thanks guys/gails

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-upgrading-bios-on-a-asus-k8v-se-deluxe-mobo.53080/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I come back to Floppy BIOS after by upgrading not drive detected a Floppy drive not detected by BIOS after upgrading problem that I did not solve yet nbsp PC was perfectly operating also with a FDD of old type with ribbon cable connected to the proper connector on the Benicia motherboard and separate supply from PC power nbsp wiring nbsp nbsp I updated the BIOS to the version and the FDD was not anymore detected inspite of different settings of the BIOS that I tryed Disk A is not detected on W and W Device Manager is not showing hardware failures nbsp I have to remark that the BIOS updating have been done with ClamWinAntivirus Malwarebytes and nbsp SUPERantispyware still running nbsp Since v of AMI BIOS provides the settings for a FDD and the FD is operating tested in an other PC I would like to find a solution in order to detect disk A nbsp Is it possible to run a second time the v BIOS updating file nbsp with all antivirus off without create damages nbsp is it possible that there would be some settings on the BIOS that I have not discovered nbsp Please give me a suggestion the solution of a FDD USB is the last chance because the hardware was operating nbsp Thanks Gianfranco nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Floppy-drive-not-detected-by-BIOS-after-upgrading/td-p/5791383
Relevancy 45.58%

My computer is Envy 700-159, Windows 10 home, 64 bit.  The old version of BIOS was ok. But after I upgrade the BIOS to the latest version 80.21 Rev A (sp73062.exe ), I can't get booted into the SSD C drive that I want, and all the function keys (F1-12) including the Esc key don't work, so I can't even change the boot sequence.  I tried to change key board to a wired one from a wireless one, but didn't help either.  There may be a bug in this version of BIOS 80.21.  Any soluction?  Hope for a new version soon. Thanks.

A:After upgrading to BIOS 80.21 Rev A, boot problem and functi...

Hello @Invincible007, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I understand that you are having an issue with the BIOS, and wanted to assist you! It seems that there are no Windows 10 drivers available for your product, on the HP site.  This may be why you are having issues.  Have you tried performing a System Restore, to set the notebook back to its previous working state?  If you are still having trouble, then try recovering the BIOS using the following document: HP Desktop PCs - Recovering the BIOS Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/After-upgrading-to-BIOS-80-21-Rev-A-boot-problem-and/td-p/5569799
Relevancy 45.58%

My friend's Win8 upgrade ( no, really! It was MY FRIEND'S machine, I swear!) halted on an error with an Intel driver issue. The solution was simple, he just needed to update his drivers from the mobo website BEFORE trying to upgrade to Win8. Untold hours of misery trying to track down the error rather than the few minutes of updating his drivers.

A:Update your drivers and BIOS BEFORE upgrading to Win8

Things like this are why a clean install is generally recommended.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/14848-update-your-drivers-bios-before-upgrading-win8.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an Ibm Netvista 2257-82u
1.0mghz processor
40 gig h.d.
Intel 810e onboard video..etc

The system is in a continuous boot mode it makes it to the Winxp
Startup screen.....and then it starts over........and over and over.
I was wondering if maybe updating the system bios might fix the problem. Iv'e tried running with a new harddrive and I still get the same problem.

sometimes when I put a harddrive in that is loaded with windows 98se, I can get it to boot up in safe mode but not with Xp.

Can a virus cause this problem? Can a virus reside in the hardware on the motherboard? If so how can I fix it?

A:Upgrading IBM netvista bios without running in windows.......Can it be done?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-ibm-netvista-bios-without-running-in-windows-can-it-be-done.182769/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I am currently wanting to begin the process of upgrading various parts of my computer in the upcoming months The first item I would like to do upgrade is the RAM I am currently using BG x and would like to Time Solved: Upgrading Hardware - Upgrading First double that I was thinking of going with the Corsair Vengeance x Eventually I would like Solved: Upgrading Hardware - First Time Upgrading to have a pretty sick gaming computer As of right now it can handle a lot but can struggle from time to time if I crank up the graphic settings I guess the reason I am posting this is to ask a few questions Would upgrading RAM be a good starting point if wanting to upgrade other hardware as well I was thinking of also swapping out the video card cpu and adding some fans when I get money that is I must sound like a complete novice right now lol but I am ready to finally go through with this because my computer is starting to feel like it is getting behind the times in terms of speed and performance haha Anyway any insight into this topic and or first time upgrading specifically with the RAM would be grrreat Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Last weekend I had BSOD after another I thought my system was crashing I have removed and reinstalled my video adapter needed? - the Please Screen upgrading BIOS Help Error Blue really - is and the Intel chipset The blue screen and error come up when Blue Screen Error - Please Help - is upgrading the BIOS really needed? I am watching a Blue Screen Error - Please Help - is upgrading the BIOS really needed? TV show on the computer USA Network NBC FOX etc and I watch the full episodes of whatever show i might be watching The shows will go ok for a while then it hangs up Some times the only way I can continue and see the entire show is if I close down and restart after eliminating all cookies files and history cache The Windows Error Code is BCCode the details are X BE XC OX D BB XEDAC B and X I searched and searched Microsofts Error Code Site but could not find this Error Code The only thing I learned from all that searching was that my problem involved the Video Adapter The suggestions Windows makes from the error screen are Disable Driver identified in stop error message Check for driver update Try changing the Video Adapter Check with eMachines for BIOS Updates and Disable BIOS Memory Options such as Caching or Shadowing I have done everything except the last one I have located the BIOS for my computer BUT AM AFRAID TO DO ANYTHING WITH IT note the BIOS which eMachines site has for the T is not Update BIOS but just the BIOS which originally came with the eMachines T I did make some adjustments to my Virtual Memory Paging settings I decided to let quot Windows System Set quot them from last yr of the Forums I was following on TechGuy suggested using Custom Settings over letting Windows Decide everything I am unemployed and broke literally I have several programs and private data information which is critical from a business which I lost yrs ago I am afraid if I upgrade the BIOS I will really screw something up then I am really screwed So I decided to ask you the experts for guidance before that happens I have an eMachines T with an Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz with GB of Memory the Chipset I installed was for the Intel Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller I m running Windows XP Home Version Service Pack SP What I did find interesting is that I did a System Restore after the last Blue Screen going back days prior to the st Blue Screen My system did in fact Restore However all of the Previous Restore Dates prior to the one I Restored the System to are no longer available Prior to the restore date I restored to the slate has been wiped clean It is also important to mention that the Blue Screens although I have had Blue Screens in the past gt gt maybe a year ago did not occur before the LAST WINDOWS UPDATE I did however experience whatever TV Episode I mught be watching having delays and hang-ups but I usually could restart the show fast forward to where I left off and continue on from there After Windows Updated that was not possible NOW THAT I HAVE DONE WHAT I MENTIONED ABOVE I HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED ANY MORE BLUE SCREENS I have watched a couple of TV shows withyout problems but I have not watched very many I wanted to update the BIOS st Then I secided to check with the experts before i did that Thank You Ed nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-error-please-help-is-upgrading-the-bios-really-needed.903517/
Relevancy 45.15%

My notebook has as CPU AMD. AFTER BIOS update failure , the notebook remains with black screen and button caps FLASHING . I formatted USB drive fat 32 and copied 0188DF26.BIN 01847F26.bin files , pressing the start button and button B and power on. The PC reads the pen drive that flashes but after a few seconds, stay with light on. The screen remains black there . No beep no logo . there is someone to know the exact procedures ? sorry for my english

A:Brick Upgrading Bios HP Pavilion g6-2237sl Notebook (amd CP...

Hi The manual is here (http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03593126) and for the BIOS it is page 86. It also covers the PWR + ESC and PWR +F11 functions starting on page 100. Please read thru it and try anything relevant and then please ask again.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Brick-Upgrading-Bios-HP-Pavilion-g6-2237sl-Notebook-amd-CPU/td-p/5620063
Relevancy 45.15%

Please information on BIOS recovery My notebook has as CPU AMD. AFTER BIOS update failure , the notebook remains with black screen and button caps FLASHING . I formatted USB drive fat 32 and copied 0188DF26.BIN 01847F26.bin files , pressing the start button and button B and power on. The PC reads the pen drive that flashes but after a few seconds, stay with light on. The screen remains black there . No beep no logo . there is someone to know the exact procedures ? sorry for my english 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Brick-Upgrading-Bios-HP-Pavilion-g6-2237sl-Notebook-amd-CPU/td-p/5620065
Relevancy 45.15%

Dear forum users,
I have a big problem as my Dell Inspiron15 3000 series laptp started to behave strangely since I updated the bios from the version on the dell drivers and support website. 

I upgraded to the V12 version Dell Inspiron 3442,3542,5748 System BIOS Version: A12 ,A12, when originally the laptop came with version A06. 

However, since the upgrade, my laptop battery drains after I have switched the laptop off. Therefore I'm having all kinds of issues starting the laptop in the morning and I am afraind this behaviour will lead to a disfunctioning laptop rather soon.
Downgrading the bios version to version A06 is not possible as the utility exists with the message that Dell doesn't recommend downgrading the BIOS version.
What can I do?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994104
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello  HP TouchSmart 610-1280qd is not alive for now Please help to solve it When I was watching a video w/ using a flash player on my HP TouchSmart 610-1280qd all-in-one suddenly computer shutting down by itself with strange sound from fanThat happens a couple times w/ Win 7 and more often w/ windows 10 because of that I decided to upgrade the BIOSSo, In the middle of upgrade computer was shutting down by itself and when I tried to restart PC and gives me 8 beeps and in a very little while shutting  downSounds AMI BIOS can not be initiated or video cardI tried to remove a battery and change a jumper to reset BIOS and  install new video cardSo far nothing helps  Any solution ? fan on video card is good 

A:Strange fatal problem with upgrading BIOS - HP TouchSmart 61...

MisterZ Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I wish I had good news for you -- but I don't ... According to the HP product page, the ONLY BIOS update version available is from back in 2011 and that was for Win7, not even Win8, and certainly -- NOT for Win10.  BIOS corruption is serious -- REALLY serious -- to the degree that this is probably NOT fixable, at least, without paying a LOT of money to a certified repair facility to reflash the BIOS chip in your desktop.Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04126730 But, if these don't work (and they probably will NOT), your only recourse will be to pay someone to reflash the BIOS in your desktop.  Here is information on  HP Service Centers: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372730?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0004Good Luck  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Strange-fatal-problem-with-upgrading-BIOS-HP-TouchSmart-610/td-p/5818111
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello, I have just upgraded to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 and now HWSETUP.EXE does not run and when restart the laptop I cant get into the BIOS using F2 or F12. Can anyone helpmeet please? Kind Regards

A:Satellite C660-125 - Unable to access BIOS after Upgrading to Windows 10

You need to install the Toshiba System Driver for Windows 10.
However the C660 doesnt appear to be in the supported list, so you may need to go into the BIOS instead.

Hold SHIFT during shutdown to stop Windows from entering Hybrid Suspend Mode. Keep on holding SHIFT until the power LED turns off.
The F2 BIOS message only appears if the notebook does a cold boot.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83896-Satellite-C660-125-Unable-to-access-BIOS-after-Upgrading-to-Windows-10
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello everyone I have a not screen, bios Win10 Satellite upgrading, booting C850D-10W - black two-year old Toshiba C D- W which came with Win Premium After several months of flashing notices suggesting to Satellite C850D-10W - Win10 upgrading, black screen, bios not booting upgrade to Win I decided to give it a go I was Satellite C850D-10W - Win10 upgrading, black screen, bios not booting dumb enough not to check whether my laptop would support such upgrade and I discovered only too late that it wouldn't on the official website What happened is that during the installation process about halfway through maybe I got a message saying that the system would restart many times The problem is it never got beyond the stage of restarting and the system is now in a loop whereby a fixed unblinking underscore appears on the upper left corner and stays there for about five seconds Then the system restarts and the underscore shows up again and so on forever no Toshiba logos no chance to select Safe Mode nothing I can enter the BIOS menu and I've tried to boot the system from the back-up DVDs I made when I bought the computer so I could get back to Windows but it doesn't work the system just doesn't recognise it The HDD is fine I've taken it out and opened it on another computer as if it were an external drive and all the files are still there but I can't do anything else Any help would much apprectiated thanks a lot

A:Satellite C850D-10W - Win10 upgrading, black screen, bios not booting

Bonjour moi j avais le m?m? problemme
alors ma solution c est une restauration du Pc avec les Cd de r?installation
pour info je pence que les pc ref satellite ne sont pas compatible avec Windows 10
Bien a vous Cdt

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90044-Satellite-C850D-10W-Win10-upgrading-black-screen-bios-not-booting
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi

My mums computer was full of viruses and malware so i thought i'd help her bydoing a fresh install of windows xp on it. Her computer is a fujitsi siemens lifebook E6540. I ran killdisk, 1 pass zeros on the HD. Now when i turn it on all that happens is the boot screen with the fujitsi
siemens logo doesn't come up all that does is:

Batchfile 'A:\AUTOEXEC.BAT' not found
A:\>
does this mean i have to reflash the bios. The only cd that works is the one with the killdisk boot on it. please help someone.

A:Help required please, deleted HD with killdisk think i may have deleted bios

Check the floppy dirve for a disc . . and, wiping a drive will not affect BIOS . l. it resides on a chip on the motherboard. Why use some third party program to wipe the drive . . you can boot from the XP install cd and do it from there.

Enter your BIOS and reset to defaults . . then change boot order to first boot from CD and restart with the XP in the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-required-please-deleted-hd-with-killdisk-think-i-may-have-deleted-bios.573790/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have scanned my computer today using Dr Web Cureit and the same virus has been found in different areas The virus appears to be called Trojan proxy I have recently been infected by a Trojan backdoor virus previous thread available to view if necessary and had help from tech support guy and this was solved and the virus cleared How come I have another Can you help please Dr Web asked me if I wanted to cure this virus and I said yet it is now showing as deleted Am I cured Here s my hijack log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel required help Solved: Solved: please Trojan.proxy.3176 - Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system dlcccoms exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS system Solved: Solved: Trojan.proxy.3176 - help required please dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C PROGRA BTBROA SMARTB BTHelpNotifier exe C Program Files btbb wcm McciTrayApp exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Kontiki KHost exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files BT Broadband Desktop Help bin mpbtn exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe c progra common instal update isuspm exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService agent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe C Documents and Settings Jan Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE UP J F setup exe C DOCUME Jan LOCALS Temp RarSFX start exe C DOCUME Jan LOCALS Temp RarSFX setup exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com b http uk docs yahoo com info bt side html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults sp http uk search yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults su http uk search yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com b http uk docs yahoo com info bt side html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults sp http uk search yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solved-trojan-proxy-3176-help-required-please.706254/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, Thanx to shuttles indescript site I have killed my AI61 motherboard, I thought I was getting an executable zip which was actually the flash program + rom and after opening BEEEEEP

Anyway I have a eeprom burner and this eeprom sst39sf020 is right in the list.

Can anyone email me the bios .bin file for this motherboard? (not the file from shuttles site but the old bios file ai61s017.bin so I can flash it using my eeprom burner)

Or at least tell me how to extract the .rom from the exe file shuttle sends

If I get the rom file I will be able to revive this nifty old 750!

PS it appears that shuttle quite sending *.bin bios updates a while ago but if anyone can find ai61s017.bin I would be gratefull

Thanx
Ryan

A:(solved) Shuttle AI61 messed up bios, where do I find a bios bin file?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-shuttle-ai61-messed-up-bios-where-do-i-find-a-bios-bin-file.186055/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, i've been trying to uninstall a program but when i go through "programs and features" the program i'm trying to uninstall is not listed. Does anyone have any ideas on where it might be located?
PS. Still a bit of a novice so apologies if question seems a bit simple
Thanks in advance

A:Solved: help required

try from programs menu
sometimes they have an
uninstall option

start
programs
click on the program folder for the application
see if uninstall is listed

whats the program ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-required.772918/
Relevancy 40.85%

Today AM - XP help required leeandal Junior Member Posts Join Date Dec Experience Intermediate Hello All Solved: help required xp Thanks for looking I don t have a hijack log yet I just wanted to Solved: xp help required get a feel if any one had any ideas what had happened I switched my PC on this morning Solved: xp help required it started booting Solved: xp help required normally but before it completed the boot process it brought up what looked like a VBA form that had two squares in the top left corner amp just an ok command button I tried closing the form down using right click close amp the X but it wouldn t close so I clicked ok amp the pc continued to boot Once it had loaded all my desktop icons appear just as what look like white bits of paper so I thought the shortcuts had been changed I then went into program files amp they are the same the files are still there amp still show as using storage i e using mb etc but they are just white sheets of paper Does any one have any idea what this is amp if it can be fixed Your help is greatly appreciated Lee nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%
Relevancy 40.85%

My computer has recently become infected with a variety of virii and malware The majority of these i have been able to remove but a few problems persist Every half hour or so i recieve a connection attempt from a file named win tmp exe in C windows TEMP consists of a number followed by a letter and seems to vary Searching the internet for this file has thrown up several pages including one on this forum linking this file to trojan diallers etc I have attempted the removal suggested required Solved: Help by these sites however have had little sucess Also internet explorer has been launching internet sites disguised as windows programs periodically suggesting i clean my registry by installing their software Norton antivirus has also often been reporting a scan of something similar to quot bgates exe quot often before launching the window warning me of the connection attempt by win tmp exe Apologies for how vauge this is Norton simply launches a small window in the bottom right hand corner of the screen informing me of this scan however gives me little time to get more information before the window is Solved: Help required minimised and it does not seem to log automatic scans Hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C windows System smss exe C windows system winlogon exe C windows system services exe C windows system lsass exe C windows system Ati evxx exe C windows system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C windows System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr Solved: Help required exe C windows system Ati evxx exe C windows Explorer EXE C windows system spoolsv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Symantec Solved: Help required LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I F EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C windows system drivers CDAC BA EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files CPUCooL CooLSrv exe C Program Files FolderShare FolderShare exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C windows System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C windows System svchost exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId amp homepage http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId amp homepage http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd SUB PRD amp clcid SUB CLSID amp pver SUB PVER amp ar home O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ATICCC ... Read more

Relevancy 40.85%

Hey people I guess my PC is in some serious trouble here is what has happened - I have WinXp with SP Everything was fine till yesterday just until fitted the cover back on required! Solved: Serious help the CPU I had opened it up for cleaning Once i booted the PC i received a message quot found new hardware quot Solved: Serious help required! for my network card I thought I must have mistakenly shaken the network card so i put in the CD that had its drivers Anyways i kept clicking quot next quot in the found new hardware wizard and reached a screen where it showed that it was copying some file For a long long time almost mins the copy did not end and also there was no activity on the HD I somehow couldnt end the copy as well so I restarted the PC Upon restart i found that PC had recognised the hardware as Asound something whereas I remember having seen my network card as Realtek But the problem was that it no longer connected to the internet I always got a message - limited or no connectivity Ok this was the background Now the fun begins - I remembered some time ago I had faced a similar problem limited or no connectivity problem and the way I had fixed it was to first install the drivers of the network card and then install any service packs So I uninstalled SP but I couldnt uninstall SP and SP So I booted thru my windows cd and selected the repair option my windows CD is plain XP without SP This re-installed the entire XP this time there were no service packs So in a way i had uninstalled SP and SP During the install I got a couple of errors - which I dont remember now A couple were related to some DLLs and one was related to Windows media player Still the install completed successfully But now my PC is behaving very wierd It has multiple problems I cannot open Internet Explorer i If i double-click on the icon i get an error msg for shlwapi dll ii If I open control panel -- add remove programs i dont see any programs listed there It is blank iii I am still not able to connect to internet though my network card is now being identified as Realtek I suspect the registries are corrupt Can anyone give me any pointers here Do I need to post a HJT log file Any help is appreciated Thanks Satish nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello All Thanks for looking I don t have a hijack log yet I just wanted to get a feel if any one had any ideas what had happened I switched my PC on this morning it started booting normally but before it completed the boot process it brought up what looked like a help required Solved: XP VBA form that had two squares in the top left corner amp just an ok command button I tried closing the form down using right click close amp Solved: XP help required the X but it wouldn t close so I clicked ok amp the pc continued to boot Once it had loaded all my desktop icons appear just as what look like white bits of paper so I thought the shortcuts had been changed I then went into program files amp they are the same the files are still there amp still show as using storage i e using mb etc but they are just white sheets of paper Does any one have any idea what this is amp if it can be fixed Your help is greatly appreciated Lee nbsp