Windows Support Forum

I can't connect to WiFi

Q: I can't connect to WiFi

Hi I need help because I'm trying to use WiFi on Acer aspire one aoa 110 but I can't it keeps telling me acquiring network address and it stays like that forever.I tried disconnecting and connecting but it won't work. It works when I use the Ethernet cable thing but I want to use wireless internet. Btw i'm running on Windows xp. What should I do

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I can't connect to WiFi

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: I can't connect to WiFi

Try Removing Wireless Profiles and reconnecting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-connect-to-wifi.1070134/
Relevancy 56.76%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 51.6%

HiHad this laptop for a few weeks now and never had trouble connecting to wifi at home. But today I am unable to connect to wifi and I did a troubleshoot and it says that the problem is - 'WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'I know the problem is my laptop and not the wifi as it is working fine on my iPad.Can someone help please?Thanks,Dee

A:Can't connect to wifi - 'wifi doesn't have a valid IP config...

Hi there @Dee85 Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having troubles with connecting to your home network; I am happy to help. Have you tried connecting to a different network with this notebook?Does the wifi (available connections) show up on your notebook at all?Have you tried resetting your wireless router? The error you are getting sounds like the router is not passing on a local IP address to your notebook. The problem could be on either side of that. Try working through these.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 8)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test. Forget the network: (Windows 8)1. Press Windows Key + C2. Click Settings.3. Click Change PC settings.4. Click Network on the left.5. Click Manage known networks.6. Click the network name.7. Click Forget.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-wifi-doesn-t-have-a-valid-IP/td-p/4902561
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay so my desktop is connected to the network by wifi to the wireless N plus B and G router It connects to the internet fine and dandy Possible iPhone's the connected that net? computer is to connect wifi to wifi by to My iPhone can connect to the router but drops the wifi signal most of the time It doesn t seem Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? to want to hold the connection because of either distance Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? or interference from the wall or whatever What Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? I want is to connect the iPhone s wifi to the computer for a stronger connection But I don t want to move the router because it s centrally located and my office is kinda further away from it Equipment computer n wireless USB adapter connected to computer g wireless PCI adapter connected to computer n router connected to internet iPhone with b g connectivity Is it possible to do this I know what people have done it with one wired connection and a wireless connection from the computer But can it be done with TWO wireless adapters connected to the computer Thanks in advance for any replies PS I know it d be easier to just use the computer to browse the internet since I d be in the office anyway but I work as a D modeler and alot of times I m testing renders for scenes and such and can t stop the render without losing the progress If I browse while it s rendering it s possible I can crash the computer because of the heavy resources the D engine is already using nbsp

A:Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net?

Doesn't hurt (except maybe your time) to try. Get an ad-hoc wireless network working between computer and iPhone (using dynamic addressing). Then in Network Connections bridge the two wireless connections.

If it doesn't work, show the following for the computer before you bridge and when you have the bridge.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-connect-iphones-wifi-to-computer-that-is-connected-by-wifi-to-the-net.810596/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there,

I have a new problem that has just cropped up today. I am no longer able to connect to public wifi or my phone's wireless hotspot. My laptop either will not connect or connect with limited access. It has connected without issue in the past and as soon as I returned home it connected to my wifi here.

What I did notice is I am connected to an unidentified network with no internet access in addition to my home wireless network:
Specs:
Acer Aspire S7 392
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260 (driver updated)
Disabled my firewall and antivirus

I just connected to my phone's hotspot again and here is what I am coming up with:
Attachment 57082

And when I run ipconfig/renew
Attachment 57083

Any ideas what could be causing this?

A:Can only connect to home wifi - no public/hotspot wifi

What Internet Security software are you using? Are you using any third party software to manage network connections?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60701-can-only-connect-home-wifi-no-public-hotspot-wifi.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Wifi doesn't connect when i move away from wifi router. I have a wifi router installed in my drawing room where i get good browsing speed on phones and laptops. But the problem starts when i take my laptop from drawing room to my bedroom which is not more than 5 mtrs from router. Wifi signal drops to zero on laptop whereas it remains decent on phones. Earlier my laptop used to connect in bedroom as well..This is happening lately. Is there any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-doesn-t-connect-when-i-move-away-from-wifi-router/td-p/5768546
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi i recently upgraded from vista to Windows 7. The wifi icon that detects wifi is missing....

Using speccy it says that wifi has not been enabled....how do i enable it? Any Ideas?

I have visited the Packard Bell website to update drivers but the only info I have on the model is Notebook ZH7 but amazingly there is no refernece to this model on their site. I have downloaded and scanned and installed drivers from Device Doctor but still no joy...

How on earth can I connect to the internet? Any ideas? THANKS

A:No wifi icon at a loss to connect by wifi

hi is there not a button the top of the keyboard that turns wireless on or off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130786-no-wifi-icon-loss-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am totally disappointed with Asus. The problem remains unresolved after almost more than 2 years.

I hv tried all the methods mentioned at :

http://support.asus.com/Troubleshoo...en&p=3&m=A43SD&s=310&hashedid=n/a&os=&no=1773

I really regret why I purchased Asus at first place. The experience has been so much frustrating and waste of money, time and energy.

DEAR ASUS YOU SHOULD NOT BE MAKING/ SELLING A PRODUCT OF SUCH AN INFERIOR QUALITY".

TOTALLY RIDICULOUS & DISGUSTING.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi All,

Win8:
I have two wifi APs in the home and I have it all set up so that one is the Internet by cell phone tether and the other is the cabled network via the router wifi.

Works just fine - except.

On wifi 1, Internet I have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does.

On wifi 2, Network I also have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does NOT do. I have to go in and connect manually even though the "Connect automatically" is checked.

It seems win8 sees "Connect automatically"and does it but then stops checking other connections. Probably a "feature."

Is there some way to force both "Connect automatically" to happen?

Thanks

A:Wifi Auto-Connect to two-wifi APs, problem

There is a group policy setting for this, but even if both are connected you will only be using one of those connections at a time.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45509-wifi-auto-connect-two-wifi-aps-problem.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Latitude E running Windows Was working fine and then days ago the wifi dropped and won't go back on When I boot up the wifi icon shows wifi to a Can't Wifi shows any red more. icon x. connect black and white with the little asterisk I can click on it and see my network and my neighbors all showing up fine However after I click to try to join the network it thinks for a bit and then says Can't connect to this network Even if I put Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. in the wrong passcode I get the same error so it's Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. never getting far enough to even validate that After I click Close to that the Wifi icon then shows with a red white x I can then no longer see any wifi networks available at all After a minute or so the red white 'x' goes away and I can then try again but get the exact same results The network card that was in the laptop DW didn't technically have a Windows driver from Dell so I took a card from a different laptop that is supported DW but it has the exact same results I also tried connecting to a different wifi and got the exact same results Anyone have any idea what might be causing this or how I can fix it My other laptops phones Fire TV stick etc can all connect to the router just fine The laptop was just reimaged a week or so ago and worked fine for a few days before this happened Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65842-cant-connect-wifi-any-more-wifi-icon-shows-red-x.html
Relevancy 50.31%

This is the idea, I have DVR for CCTV and I need to configure it for port forwarding, and since it has only LAN connection it is not possible to connect in pocket wifi, so i used to have a wireless router since it has a LAN connection. But I do not know how to do this connection as the wireless router to be a bridge in my pocket wifi to DVR, Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

A:How to connect pocket wifi to wireless router, to connect the dvr for cctv?

I'm not at all sure I understand. Are you trying to use the wireless router as a Wireless Bridge (to connect to the pocket wifi via wireless and the DVR via ethernet)? If so, does the router have wireless bridge (or AP Client) mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-pocket-wifi-to-wireless-router-to-connect-the-dvr-for-cctv.1140640/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 49.88%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi, i have an alienware m15x r2 which i recently upgraded to windows 8 through a clean install. everything works great except for the wireless, and i cannot for the life of me figure out whats run. ive tried about 10 different wifi points on campus and tried wirelessly tethering tommy phone and nothing works. the wireless card is a broadcom aw1397. also when i run ipconfig, it says there is no default gateway for the connection

A:Wifi does not connect, limited connection or cannot connect

Bump plz help

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12320-wifi-does-not-connect-limited-connection-cannot-connect.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I am not able to connect internet via wifi (although I can connect to the router). I am able to connect to internet via plunging the cable.

I see that yellow triangle with "!" mark in the internet connection.

Please help!!

Shailesh Jajotar

Relevancy 49.02%

My HP Envy m6 laptop cannot connect to our wifi connection and only connects using the cable connection, ethernet. It was still fine when I downloaded windows 8.1 but all of a sudden displays limited/no connectivity. I tried everything I can including resetting tcp ip settings thru command prompt, finding other drivers till someone suggested me to put my laptop back to windows 8. Still didn't fix the problem. Now, my laptop does not access wifi nor detect any wireless connection whether our home wifi, or others. Please do help me. I really need to fix this. I'm a student and I badly need wifi connection since its the only available connection in our school. I am not knowledgable about this issue and it would be really great if someone could help. Thank you so much!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Envy m6 cannot connect/detect wifi but can connect to eth...

Hi, Please try "Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter":    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57538.exe Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Envy-m6-cannot-connect-detect-wifi-but-can-connect-to/td-p/4375364
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi All After much trawling on the net i have finally given in and am seeking direct help When i choose the connection's icon from the task bar to connect to wifi the connection side bar appears for a brief instant and disappears At the moment i can connect to the network in my home since it is default but anywhere else i cant choose a new network Same occurs when i try to display available networks from the network and sharing centre I made a workaround which is very cumbersome for a casual user command prompt and listed and deleted the profiles using the netsh wlan command Network and sharing Setup new connection Connect connect. Wifi disappearing, cant sidebar or network Manually connect to a wireless network typed the credentials of the network checked start this connection automatically box and apply i needed to know the details for this Any answers as to why i cant' see the list of available networks or an easier work around or just see it briefly would be a help Cheers in advance Gerry

A:Wifi Connect sidebar disappearing, cant connect.

Did not find a solution to my problem, so resorted to a 'refresh', which gave me the the full functionality for the sidebar.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47558-wifi-connect-sidebar-disappearing-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello guys,
i'm new here and Im really desperate for your help!
As i stated,when I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden.The really annoying thing though is tha i can connect via my smartphone without any problem.
Do you have any suggestions? Im using Vista if that matters.

A:When I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-try-to-connect-to-my-wifi-it-says-unable-to-connect-because-it-is-hidden.1131695/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a free wifi connection provided by my property management it is unsecured and password free I've been connecting to it with no problems on my laptop running vista for weeks. I bought a tenda 11n wireless usb device so I could get my desktop connected to it also, I set up and installed the card I connect to the wireless network like it was nothing but it will not connect to the internet please try and help me out thanks

A:Free wifi in my apy will connect but won't connect w/ internet

Imagine that. On another board, it was a neighbor, and I closed that because you are violating the terms of service for the ISP. Now you're here, and suddenly it's a new story.

In any case, I'm closing this one too, since I really doubt the second story!

You may want to read the TSG Rules, we don't assist in illegal activities here either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-wifi-in-my-apy-will-connect-but-wont-connect-w-internet.883995/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi.just a little wifi problem.my laptop can not find my wifi connection,but my phone and other laptop can.i have no idea what is the problem.please help,thanks in advance.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/wifi-problem-can-not-connect-my-wifi-4605910/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi nbsp I'm new to the forum so i'm sorry if this Disconnects Wifi for to or Wifi connect Won't has been covered before nbsp I've had this laptop which i use for work for about years now It's pretty much worked ok except that it's now very slow when a webpage has ad's on it and it seems to take ages to load the page etc nbsp However the main reason is the wifi issue It's usually been great up until last night nbsp I was switching off the machine and it says shutdown and update Won't connect to Wifi or Disconnects for Wifi so i did this as i normally do However this morning it wouldnt connect to the wifi and said there was problems I kept switching it off and on and eventually got it to connect to the internet However twice now it's suddenly had the exclamation mark over the wifi signal etc nbsp ps I checked the network adaptor Qualcomm Atheros AR b g n wifi adaptor nbsp Can anyone help Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Won-t-connect-to-Wifi-or-Disconnects-for-Wifi/td-p/5723025
Relevancy 48.59%

I try to connect to the internet but it says no networks are available even though my phone is connected to my wif and it says wifi is disabled but there is no button to enable it. I spoke with someone from google and we did a powerwash, now it is stuck on the main screen that says welcome, select your language keyboard, and network but I can't move pass this page because it says no networks are available. Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-says-wifi-is-disabled/td-p/5836479
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all I changed my router access password and wireless WPA Pre-Shared key today by logging in at After that I realized that my wireless would still connect but it wouldn t load up webpages quickly or at all for that matter I tried to troubleshoot just based on the things I know to do e g flushdns winsock fix release renew wireless adapter properties changing the preferred and alternate DNS servers etc When I still was able to connect to wireless I ran troubleshooter It came back that it was properly configured by the DNS server was not responding I m writing this connect won't with Ethernet connect Wifi Can post with my ethernet Can connect with Ethernet Wifi won't connect cable in my computer because wireless won t even connect anymore It says RCA on the physical router but when Can connect with Ethernet Wifi won't connect I login it says quot Thomson quot Can someone help Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA NBWAA Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

Hope you are all doing good. From past few days I am not able to connect to any wireless networks on my laptop which is running windows 7 64-bit. I didn't change/install anything, it stopped working suddenly. I was able to connect to LAN and it's working perfectly fine. All other devices (phones and others computers) are able to connect to my Wi-Fi networks. I tried many things like re-installing my Wi-Fi adapter drivers, reset my router, clearing the Wi-Fi networks and adding them, many reboots, and few steps like clearing DNS and other settings as per the instructions on the Microsoft website. Can you please review and advise a good solution. Please let me know if you need any further info.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks,
Nikhil.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400453-unable-connect-wifi-but-able-connect-lan.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys I while to WIFI being able Can't to ethernet connect connect to m new to this forum and wasn t sure where to post this question but I decided to put it here as it seems to be where most people have had internet queries I m a bit perplexed at the moment For the last few days I ve been trying to somehow fix my internet problem I scoured other forums for similar questions and tried all the things they ve said and still had no luck so I ve run out of options and decided to Can't connect to ethernet while being able to connect to WIFI set up this Can't connect to ethernet while being able to connect to WIFI account and ask myself I have a virgin media super hub Recently the ethernet cable wouldn t connect I tried other ethernet cables to see if it was due to me breaking it and no luck Not sure if it s a coincidence or not but at the same time I also wasn t able to connect to the ghz supplied by the router So I m left with ghz wireless at the moment My friend also can t connect to the ghz on the router so it might be something to do with the router rather than my laptop but I m not sure what would have caused it in the last few days it s a new router hub too only about a month old I think generally you re supposed to post your ipconfig Which I ll post if asked I ve tried flushing the DNS ipconfig renew release etc So i m really stuck for ideas nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I usually use the internet in 3 locations on my laptop and till a few days back the laptop would connect fine to all 3 wifi networks. However, out of the blue my laptop stopped connecting to the wifi at location A and B, and still connects fine at location C. Other laptops and phones still connect fine to the wifi at location A and B, there's been no change in the software on my laptop since before the problem and I've run a system restore too to back when it was working, with no luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter driver, also cleared my saved network locations and tried to connect again. Any other suggestions?

A:Error "Windows was unable to connect to ABC" when trying to connect to ABC wifi.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-abc-when-trying-to-connect-to-abc-wifi.1127486/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I have tried for a few days to fix this problem myself but now must ask for help I can connect to other wifi my parents house friends house etc no problem For some reason my home router Netgear N doesn't like me much and all attempts to connect have failed Also I have a Lenovo G To give you some more info here is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C WINDOWS system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host connect not but can Wifi. my I LAN to Name Jeff-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled I can connect to my LAN but not Wifi. No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address E- -DC- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E F ast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - - -EE- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f e eadd de Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday June PM Lease Expires Wednesday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FA- C- C- -DC- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom n Network Adapter Physical Address C- -DC- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d dc b e bb Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe dc b e bb Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FA- C- C- -DC- - - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap C C A- E - E - E- CBFBAA E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C WINDOWS system gt From what I can gather from some other forums this might be a default gateway problem Not sure how to fix and would really love to be able to utilize my wifi and not be chained to my Ethernet Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks for taking the time to read

A:I can connect to my LAN but not Wifi.

Need the info from "netsh wlan show all". Not the IPconfig. Also need the exact model of the Netgear router. How far away is the computer from the router, when you try to connect? Also how is the router placed? Is it back behind a tv or under a desk or bookcase?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/48265-i-can-connect-my-lan-but-not-wifi.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Sorry about this I had help from the Belkin group today to reset my router and it was all fine But no the laptop I used to reset router cannot connect to wireless internet except direct into router ports I am using Win and here is the ipconfig all connect wifi not does 7 to Win result I also have an XP PC which works using the wifi so I will also post the result of the XP ipconfig all result Win that does not connect to wifi Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name M-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid Win 7 does not connect to wifi IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -E - - -D - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom n Network Adapter Physical Address -E - - -D - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - A-B -FC- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter VirtualBox Host-Only Network Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - - - - B DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ba a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D -C - F- - A-B -FC- - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap - B - F - F - CDF F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B CC -A A- EE-A - E F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E D BF-DCBE- FA- -F ECE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B - E - - C- D D CC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E C C-CA - FDC- E - B AE D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes -------------------- Working wifi result from an XP PC Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C WINDOWS gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name m Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Belkin g Network Adapter Physical Address - - F- - A-A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained March Lease Expires January Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address -E - D- - C-FC C WINDOWS gt nbsp

A:Win 7 does not connect to wifi

I started your own thread for you here so that we may better try to help you.

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

What exactly happens when you attempt to connect?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-does-not-connect-to-wifi.1093046/
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm staying with a friend and my pc has been connected to the wifi since Monday. A short while ago it lost connection and won't reconnect.
I've restarted the router and the pc but it still won't connect. My phone connects so the problem is my pc not the router.
Any suggestions on how to remedy this issue?
As always, thanks!

A:Can't connect to wifi

The diagnostic on the pic says that the default gateway is not available
What does that mean?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628665/cant-connect-to-wifi/
Relevancy 44.29%

I just purchased a new laptop today. Since HP support refuses to help me with a simple problem w/o paying even more, I have decided to seek help here, before I  return the item. The laptop will not connect to my wifi using the password provided by my IP. I have connected all my other devices using the same password. Anyone know what the problem could be?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5823585
Relevancy 44.29%

hey guys i have recently installed windows 7 to my IBM thinkpad T43 Type 1871. I have managed to install updates needed to run internet connections. I can connect to my home wifi using an Ethernet Cable, but i can't connect to it wirelessly. All of my other devices like my Kindle and phone connect to my home wifi wirelessy, but not my laptop. At this point i am guessing that the problem is with my laptop or the new installation. I have been dealing with this for a while and i want to get this problem resolved, please someody help me with this.
P.s I am using a Century link Modem

Relevancy 44.29%

My laptop is unable to cannot to any wifi netwroks. I am getting error message as 'Can't connect to this network'. I have searched through all the forum, did the troubleshooting through HP support assistant. I have tried restarting the modem as well but nothing works. Please advice. 

Hi Well the obvious thing to do is to change networks, channels or frequencies.  You don't actually mention what network the machine doesn't like.  But if we assume all networks are unavailable, and work from there. Is there a Wi-Fi card fitted?  Type / Model / Manufacturer details listed here would be welcome. If YES then it should show in Device Manager.  Does it?  Without a Yellow warning triangle? Drivers installed / loaded? Evidence would be nice. A screenshot of the setup / connection screens you go thru may help to establish the hardware is there and functioning.  Help us to help you. Moving on to things you can try ceeandbeetee.uk           for further reading / troubleshooting. netfix.bat        to help ID stuff and eliminate problems. Copy, Paste and Save As netfix.bat the code below using NotePad.

@ECHO THIS MIGHT HELP TO REPAIR/RECTIFY
@ECHO SOME SIMPLE NETWORK DIFFICULTIES.
@ECHO NetFix.bat, based on work by
@ECHO Kevin Arrows, Jim Eshelman et al.
@ECHO ....................................
@ECHO.
@ECHO THE RESULTS MAY VARY ACCORDING TO
@ECHO YOUR CONFIGURATION AND USER LEVEL
@ECHO A RESTART SHOULD BE MADE AFTER
@ECHO THE RUNNING OF THE ABOVE TESTS
:MENU
@ECHO.
@ECHO.
@ECHO TYPE IN THE RELEVANT MENU NUMBER
@ECHO.
@ECHO.
@ECHO 0 - GET_MAC Obtain MAC address(es)
@ECHO 1 - GET_IPs Lists all IP addresses
@ECHO 2 - ADDRESS Force/Renew IP address
@ECHO 3 - DNS_FIX Flush and Register DNS
@ECHO 4 - WINSOCK Reset to remove errors
@ECHO 5 - IPV4_V6 Reset to remove errors
@ECHO 6 - PING_LO Ping tests to Loopback
@ECHO 7 - NETSTAT All Network Statistics
@ECHO 8 - SYS_SUM System Summary Windows
@ECHO 9 - EXITNOW Close this Command Box
@ECHO.
@ECHO OFF
COLOR F1
SET /P M= Choose from 0 - 9, then press ENTER:
IF %M%==0 GOTO GET_MAC
IF %M%==1 GOTO GET_IPs
IF %M%==2 GOTO ADDRESS
IF %M%==3 GOTO DNS_FIX
IF %M%==4 GOTO WINSOCK
IF %M%==5 GOTO IPV4_V6
IF %M%==6 GOTO PING_LO
IF %M%==7 GOTO NETSTAT
IF %M%==8 GOTO SYS_SUM
IF %M%==9 GOTO EXITNOW
::
:GET_MAC
getmac |more /c
GOTO MENU
:GET_IPs
ipconfig -all | more /c
GOTO MENU
:ADDRESS
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
GOTO MENU
:DNS_FIX
ipconfig /flushdns

Ipconfig /registerdns

GOTO MENU
:WINSOCK
netsh winsock reset catalog

GOTO MENU
:IPV4_V6
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
GOTO MENU
:PING_LO
ping 127.0.0.1
GOTO MENU
:NETSTAT
netstat -e -s | more /c
GOTO MENU
:SYS_SUM
msinfo32
GOTO MENU
:EXITNOW
EXIT     

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5560202
Relevancy 44.29%

cant connect o wifi

entering the correct pass key

still cant connect

when connected with an internet wire from the router, works fine

but unable to connect wireless

pls help

let me know what info you'd require

thanks

Relevancy 44.29%

I uploaded windows 10 and could not connect to WIFI.  Reverted back to 8.1 still can't connect to WIFI. The WIFI adapter will not connect. I've disabled and enabled adapter. Unplugged WIFI Router.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c24b7296-c099-4f8a-a922-7042e66f2ef4/cant-connect-to-wifi?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 44.29%

I bought this laptop in April. First the original cable stopped working and I had to get a new charging cable from HP. Today the wifi stopped working. Help!!

A:Cannot connect to wifi

Hello @Rror356, Welcome to HP Support Forums! It?s a great place to get your technical queries answered.I understand that you are having issues while connecting to Wi-Fi and I would be happy to assist you with the best of my knowledge. Let?s first try the below-mentioned steps to get the issue fixed:Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.Double-click Network adapters.Right-click the name of your wireless network adapter, then select UninstallWhen the Confirm Device Uninstall screen is displayed, click OK and wait for the device to be uninstalled (Do not select the box which says ?delete the driver for this device)Restart your computer and try to use the Wi-Fi. If the above-mentioned steps do not help, please go to http://hp.care/2cGuN1K and follow the steps mentioned there. Please let me know what happens. Thanks!Cheers  Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Cannot-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5760746
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello please help me out. My problem is whenever i switch on wifi...i can see all the networks but when i try to connect, it takes a minute and then shows unable to connect. I tried several methods to resolve like following hp troubleshoot method, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and finally rest to factory settings. But still nothing helped me out. I fear whether i will ever able to connect wifi again or not...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Cannot-connect-Wifi/td-p/5762257
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey ! I have kept my WIFI router on the ground floor of my house and I use Internet upstairs in my room. And I have been using it since months now with a considerably strong signal. But some days ago I found thatu computer shows a really weak signal and hardly connects to the network but it works as normal as it used to on my phone so no signal interference. And I am sure it's a problem with the software not the Hardware. And when I run a troubleshoot this error shows up 'An unexpected error has occurred. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue '. And then when I click on view error details it shows this :error code : 0x80070002 . please help I want to use WIFI on my computer as I used to

A:Can't connect to WiFi

Hello, and Welcome

What is the make and model of the computer. Is your Windows 7 64bit?

There may be some kind of interference with the Wireless Signal. Have you tried changing the channel on the wireless router?

In Device Manager Right click your Wireless adapter and select Properties. Under the details tab select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Copy and Paste the first line in your next post?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557357/cant-connect-to-wifi/
Relevancy 44.29%

Well i tried to connect to my school wifi and then it shows a yellow triangle over it
and , it said no internet acces but i can connect to my house wifi only .. i have tried to connect to others... and it have a yellow triangle over it .

Thank you

Sorry for my bad english

A:I cannot connect to Wifi well D:

Hi,
We may need a little bit more info. Your system specs says your OS is 64 bit. What kind of OS? There are a lot of reasons why your wifi connection adapter may be doing this. Do you have a static-IP? Have you tried re-installing/disabling your adapter? Are your putting in the right password? There are alot of question so before anyone can help you you are going to have to explain a little bit better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/163431-i-cannot-connect-wifi-well-d.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi!My computer won't connect to wifi, it does not even see the wifi connections I can only connect the internet with ethernet cable. How can I solve this issue?(I believe I have driver problems but not sure.) Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-HP-won-t-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5619483
Relevancy 44.29%

My laptop no longer connects to my wifi if I'm up stairs, it says that my wifi has limited internet or it doesn't connect at all , however I'm able to connect to the internet on other devices.The only way I can Connect to the internet is if I'm standing or sitting next to the internet in the living room.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/I-can-t-connect-to-the-wiFi/td-p/5742477
Relevancy 44.29%

My convertible laptop is not connection or even picking up wifi. My WiFi is working as I am logged on via tablet & cellphone. Please help me to resolve. I had not logged in in a few days and it took longer than usual to open. I tried restart but it hasn't completed that task still saying "working on updates don't turn off computer." It's also initial when first opening was slow to respond to commands to open apps and features.

A:My WiFi won't connect

Hi Perhaps resetting some of the Wi-Fi settings may help. If you can open a text editor like Notepad and copy and paste the text below into it and save it as netfixer.bat, somewhere easy to locate, like your documents folder.  Then if you can click and run as adminstrator you will have some options, and I suggest choosing 4, 5, 7, D, E and finally F.  You re-run and select other options, and edit if you so wish.  :: NetFixer.bat, Copy, Paste and Save As:: using a text editor like Notepad.:: You can edit the file to your needs.:: EG-Removing the :: in front of:: ::ipconfig -all >>IPs.txt to create:: a text file called IPs.txt to study.:: Run as Administrator for best effect.@ECHO THIS MIGHT HELP TO [email protected] SOME SIMPLE NETWORK DIFFICULTIES.@ECHO....................................@ECHO THE RESULTS MAY VARY ACCORDING [email protected] YOUR CONFIGURATION AND USER [email protected] A RE-START SHOULD BE MADE [email protected] RUNNING SOME OF THE ABOVE [email protected]...................................:[email protected] TYPE IN THE RELEVANT MENU [email protected]...................................@ECHO.@ECHO 0 - PING_LO Ping test to [email protected] 1 - PING_MS Ping test to [email protected] 2 - GET_MAC Obtain MAC address(es)@ECHO 3 - GET_IPs Lists all IP [email protected] 4 - IPvFOUR Reset to remove [email protected] 5 - IP_RNEW Force/Renew IP [email protected] 6 - IPv_SIX Reset to remove [email protected] 7 - NBTSTAT NETBIOS -Renew [email protected] 8 - NETSTAT All Network [email protected] 9 - SH_WLAN Display WLAN [email protected] A - ARP_TAB Displays ARP IP [email protected] B - NS_LKUP Shows your Name [email protected] C - SYS_SUM System Summary [email protected] D - DNS_FIX Flush and Register [email protected] E - WINSOCK Reset to remove [email protected] F - FINISHD Close this Command [email protected] ....................................@ECHO OFFCOLOR B1SET /P M= Press 0-9,A-F, then press ENTER:IF %M%==0 GOTO PING_LOIF %M%==1 GOTO PING_MSIF %M%==2 GOTO GET_MACIF %M%==3 GOTO GET_IPsIF %M%==4 GOTO IPvFOURIF %M%==5 GOTO IP_RNEWIF %M%==6 GOTO IPv_SIXIF %M%==7 GOTO NBTSTATIF %M%==8 GOTO NETSTATIF %M%==9 GOTO SH_WLANIF /I %M%==A GOTO ARP_TABIF /I %M%==B GOTO NS_LKUPIF /I %M%==C GOTO SYS_SUMIF /I %M%==D GOTO DNS_FIXIF /I %M%==E GOTO WINSOCKIF /I %M%==F GOTO FINISHDING_LOping LOOPBACKGOTO MENUING_MSping MICROSOFT.COMGOTO MENU:GET_MACgetmac | more /c:: getmac >> GetMac.txt:: Notepad GetMac.txtGOTO MENU:GET_IPsipconfig -all | more /c:: ipconfig -all >>IPs.txt:: Notepad IPs.txtGOTO MENU:IPvFOURnetsh int ipv4 reset reset.logGOTO MENU:IP_RNEWipconfig /releaseipconfig /renewGOTO MENU:IPv_SIXnetsh int ipv6 reset reset.logGOTO MENU:NBTSTATnbtstat -RRGOTO MENU:NETSTATnetstat -e -r -s | more /c:: netstat -e -r -s >> NetStat.txt:: Notepad NetStat.txtGOTO MENUH_WLANnetsh wlan show drivers | more /cnetsh wlan show interfaces | more /cGOTO MENU:ARP_TABarp /aGOTO MENU:NS_LKUPnslookup /nsGOTO MENUYS_SUMmsinfo32GOTO MENUNS_FIXipconfig /flushdnsipconfig /registerdnsGOTO MENU:WINSOCKnetsh winsock reset catalogGOTO MENU:FINISHDEXIT

Happy 2 [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-WiFi-won-t-connect/td-p/5595753
Relevancy 44.29%

I am using HP 14 notebook with the window of 8.1 and 64-bit operating system, Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn wifi adapter with the driver v5.0.37.0 can't connect to wifi although it can detect the available wifi. What can I do to solve the problem? I had tried to disable the wifi adapter and enable again, format laptop but still cannot solve the problem.

Hi @Boonlee, Thank you all the information on what you have done. If the HP 14 Notebook detects Wireless that means the adapter is working. Here is a link to troubleshoot the Wireless.  I would change the Channel on the router. Routers are capable of communicating to your Notebook on several different channels. If your neighbours Wi-Fi is  on the same channel, your network speeds might have issues. Try opening Device Manager, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager. In Device Manager, locate the network adapters, and then double-click the device name.Click the Driver tab, and then click uninstall Driver. Please remove all the network adapters. Restart the computer. Please let me know how this goes. You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5587760
Relevancy 44.29%

the campground i stay at has a wifi connection which i can access from my phone which is how i am typing this message
however the problem i get is web pages on my laptop will not load. upon further investigation i am
getting local access only. i hope someone can help me remedy this.
thanks in advance for those who help.

Relevancy 44.29%

My sister has an hp laptop with windows xp and it won't connect to our Netgear router. When I choose my wireless network and press connect, it won't let me because it says "Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range." Can someone please help me connect to the wifi.

A:I can't connect to my wifi.

Can any computer connect to the Netgear Wireless Router? If other computers can connect to the wireless, then delete the saved wireless profiles, on this computer then try and connect again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-cant-connect-to-my-wifi-589918.html
Relevancy 44.29%

i can not connect to wifi as it shows error with access point . please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/can-t-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5803499
Relevancy 44.29%

Ok so the only way I can get online with my laptop at home is through wifi, and randomly one day it started saying that I needed an ethernet cable, which I don't have. I have a Toshiba (Satellite L505D). When I press f8, nothing happens, and when I press fn, everything shows up except for f8. I tried looking for TBSwireless and it isn't anywhere on my computer. There's no wifi switch on the outside, and I even did a system restore to the day before I started having this problem. I just am really frustrated and need to be able to get online. Help! ;~;

A:Can't Connect to wifi

Ok so the only way I can get online with my laptop at home is through wifiClick to expand...

Please explain why ethernet is not an option for testing.

There's no wifi switch on the outsideClick to expand...

Don't know about your model, but the switch used to be on the front placed low enough that it was easy to overlook. Some (many?) manufacturers have now gone to a pressure switch somewhere above the keyboard. Else there should be a key combination to toggle the Wi-Fi on/off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-wifi.1108050/
Relevancy 44.29%

I opened my laptop one day and it said it could not connect to the router becuase the security settings did not match.

Since then I have tried everything including deleting the network, resetting the laptop, resetting the router, changing the settings, changing the password, and going through step by step instructions found on the internet.

Nothing is working, plese help

A:Cannot connect to wifi

http://www.home-network-help.com/wi-fi-hotspot-security.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-wifi.1045741/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello all here I am again.

My uncle has an Xp Desktop.I cannot connect on his wifi like I always have. I am not sure what happened but we need to fix this problem because many come and use the internet.

Can you please help me with this situation?

Thanks so much

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,
I can't connect to wifi.
My pc shows the icon with a yellow star.
When I try to connect I get this error:
Can't connect to [My wifi name.].
Lan works perfectly fine.
Yesterday I still had connection but now I don't.
I got these network adapters:

My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5750g 64-bit.

A:can't connect to wifi

Well; first for something simple; I would try removing all 3 network adapters shown; reboot; then re-add/re-install the adapters then reboot again and see if that solves the issue for you. If not; try power cycling your router/network equipment including any routers and modems. Unplug them, wait about a minute or so; then plug them back in with plugging in the modem(s) first; letting those boot fully; then plug the router(s)/network equipment back in and let that boot. Sometimes what happens is they just need a simple reset as thats just what happens with computer equipment from time to time. If neither of these work; post back and we can go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/340998-cant-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am unable to connect to wifi upon checking trouble shootint it comes up with error..USE THE SWITCH ON THE FRONT OR SIDE OF THE COMPUTER, OR FUNCTION KEYS

A:cannot connect Wifi

Dear Customer, If your computer has a wireless key or button on or near the keyboard and the wireless activity light (AIRPLANE SYMBOL) is off or amber in color, then press the key or button to enable your wireless adapter. This key might be the F10 key, F12 key, or labeled with a symbol of an airplane.If wireless activity comes on or the activity light turns blue, you have enabled wireless on your system. Try connecting to the Internet again.   Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/cannot-connect-Wifi/td-p/5833767
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello! I can't connect to my wifi on my pc . The problem started yesterday. I've tried everything i red here. But it still send me the message " media disconnect" and even if it's apear connected, it does not work. My iphone can connect ok, no problem, but the IP on the dlink and the one on mg phone are diffrent snd i know that the one ok is the one on my phone. Help please!

Relevancy 44.29%

Ever since I d/led Windows 10, I can't connect to the Wifi. It won't even search for any wireless networks or even connect to one via ethernet cord. I believe I need to d/l a new network adapter seeing that this stupid Windows 10 stop making it work. Please help, I am in a pickle and I need to fix this matter ASAP!!!

A:Cannot connect to the Wifi

Hi If you could please try this (and post back any info)... As an adminstrator, in a Command Prompt Window, typegetmacThis will list MAC addresses for those items that are present, and may not be connected.A good number would be 3,1 x Ethernet1 x Wi-Fi1 x BluetoothC:\WINDOWS\system32>getmacPhysical Address Transport Name=================== ==========================================================48-48-48-48-48-48 \Device\Tcpip_{D70F15B7-83BC-4FE7-B4B3-8CA52F52C8FC}B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28 Media disconnected48-48-48-48-48-49 Media disconnectedand then typeipconfigand in the long list look for named devices have a matching MAC address.Along with Device manager this is a way to determine the number of devices.  

Happy 2 [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Cannot-connect-to-the-Wifi/td-p/5601593
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently swapped wifi to connect cannot out my netgear firewall and linksys wifi router for a combo unit cisco wifi router and firewall in a single device I cannot connect to wifi set up the new device on the same subnet to make things easier for my small home network Everything works fine for all of my devices which include desktops laptops and iDevices as well as a Kindle-Wifi Except for two laptops which both happen to be running WinVista I have a desktop and a laptop that both run Win as well as a Mac with OSX Lion iphones and ipod touches All of these devices were able to connect to the new SSID which was the same as the old one The two machines with Vista were not able to connect to the same SSID even though they could both be quot seen quot on the network They kept saying there was a timeout during the authentication process I have deleted the existing wifi connection and allowed the machines both laptops to recreate them automatically but they still won t connect These two Vista machines are able to connect to other wifi SSID s as I created a quot guest quot connection on my new router and was able to get these machines onto the internet but they have to type in a password once a day Is there something in Vista that would prevent it from connecting or am I stuck with quot guest quot access for these two machines nbsp

A:cannot connect to wifi

Is there something in Vista that would prevent it from connecting,Click to expand...

some adapter are an issue on vista - i have posted the details at the bottom of the post - but we need to see an ipconfig /all to see if it is the adapter

take the wireless security off the router and see if they now connect
make sure a firewall / security suite is not blocking - like an old trial version of mcafee/norton

take off the wireless profiles - see below

post back an ipconfig /all and a xirrus screen shot from both the laptops - give each laptop a name and use that when posting details , so we can track which is which

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

How to remove Wireless Profiles - for Vista and Windows 7
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profil... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-wifi.1052232/
Relevancy 44.29%

This is the net book I upgraded to windows 7 ultimate 32-bit.
Asus Eee PC 900HD - ProductWiki unbiased product reviews

It shows available networks, but when I try to connect it says "windows was unable to connect to network". I tried using Windows network diagnostics to try and fix it, but it didn't work. I also tried resetting my router and removing the password from my network, but those didn't work either.

I am able to connect with an Ethernet cord though.

A:I can not connect to wifi

Quote: Originally Posted by sharringansaske

This is the net book I upgraded to windows 7 ultimate 32-bit.
Asus Eee PC 900HD - ProductWiki unbiased product reviews

It shows available networks, but when I try to connect it says "windows was unable to connect to network". I tried using Windows network diagnostics to try and fix it, but it didn't work. I also tried resetting my router and removing the password from my network, but those didn't work either.

I am able to connect with an Ethernet cord though.

Hi and welcome
Might be your wifi driver. type device manager in search. go to the networking tab, is your wifi device listed? does it have a yellow triangle over it? is there any other "unknown" devices with yellow triangles on them?

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/49492-i-can-not-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 44.29%

dear sir..today i installed windows 7 to my laptop..after the installation i can't able to connect internet..so i check your website and install "Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver"..and than internet connect only on lan..i can't connect wifi...soo please tell me what to do now??

A:can't connect wifi

Hi, Your machines uses  Ralink RT3290LE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter as shown:       http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=J8C07PA Please keep/bookmark the above link and use the following driver for wifi:          http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_131223_1 You also need the following software for Bluetooth:          http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_130390_1 Regards.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/can-t-connect-wifi/td-p/5767089
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

So basically my machine used to me my works machine with the domain etc... Therefore internet was under the workgroup of course.

However I now use this computer at home and no longer need the domain and workgroup connection but my Personal wifi instead.

I removed the domain name and I can log in normally, however I can not connect to wifi. It restricts me to using only an Etherley connection. Displaying only an Ethernet connection with an X over it.

so how do I change it so I can use wifi as you would of this was your personal computer at home

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/386931-can-not-connect-using-wifi.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My laptop was connected perfectly to the Internet and it has randomly stopped All other devices will connect fine and there are no issues with the wifi When I try to connect it asks for the security key Once I have entered it or connected using the wps button it asks if I want it to connect to other devices It then says 'can't connect to this network' I have been through the troubleshooting guide and also done Wifi not connect will the recovery and 'refreshed' without removing files as per the steps in the response to a previous question like mine below Welcome to the HP Forums I understand that your device will disconnect from the network sometimes since updating to I apologize for the inconvenience but I will do my best to assist you There could be a number of causes for Wifi will not connect this issue I'm going to address all of them with these few troubleshooting procedures To Wifi will not connect begin troubleshooting the issue please try the steps in this HP document Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection Windows These steps should be enough to resolve the issue It covers all of the basics which are capable of resolving the issue if the cause is something simple If that doesn't help you can try a manual reinstall of the wireless adapter driver Since the adapter is having an issue this will determine whether or not it is a driver conflict or something else Go into Device Manager then Network adapters Right-click on the wireless driver and select Uninstall Restart the computer This will force the driver to reinstall itself If it still doesn't help it is either a hardware or software-related issue To determine this I would like you to reinstall the operating system It will clear up any software conflicts and allow you to start fresh First please ensure you backup your files Here is information on how to do this Backing Up Your Files Windows Once this is done it is safe to reinstall the operating system Performing an HP System Recovery Windows If the same situation occurs the computer likely has faulty hardware At that point please contact HP phone support You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately based on your region Contact HP WorldwidePlease let me know what happens Thanks Mario My laptop will still not connect to the wifi and it is very frustrating and upsetting I tried to call but could not find a number as my product is no longer under warranty Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-will-not-connect/td-p/5844620
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey guys Since this morning I haven t been able to connect to my wireless internet I ve rebooted a few times and followed through diagnostics repair suggestions But no luck The only way I can get online is via Cant WiFi Connect Via attaching the cable to my router into my laptop Which is a major inconvenience since the router is downstairs and I work from home upstairs on my desk I have no idea why my wireless won t connect to the internet Any suggestions please guys My IP config Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users gt ipconfig all Cant Connect Via WiFi Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -AF- -C - B DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- -CB- - - D- -AF- B-A DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description SiS Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D- -AF- B-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d e a b c e ce Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- -CB- - - D- -AF- B-A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description isatap home Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C CE - FC- DF- -CA D E br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled YesClick to expand nbsp

A:Cant Connect Via WiFi

Welcome to TSG:
We have seen quite a bit of issues with this adapter.
Here are some things to try :
Courtesy of ETAF and Terrynet on the Networking Forum:
Atheros AR5007EG & AR5007
We have recently been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters over the last few months, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.
And I notice that DHCP is not enabled so no good ipaddresses are beeing assigned so,look at this also.:
From a Johnwill postConfigure DHCP for Windows Vista.
1. Click on the Start menu, and select Control Panel.
2. Click on Network and Internet. (Skip this step if you do not see this Control Panel item.)
3. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
4. Click on Manage network connections.
5. Right click on Local Area Connection and choose Properties. If Windows say it needs your permission to continue, click Continue.
6. Select Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
7. Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
8. Select Obtain DNS server address automatically.
9. Click OK to close the TCP/IP Properties window.
10. Cli... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-via-wifi.993327/
Relevancy 44.29%

My laptop will connect fine in my home to our wireless connection but when i go out it doesnt find any wi fi! i dont know if maybe ive deleted something off it sometime as i was running low on memory and i just went delete crazy!! hope someone can help me!!

A:help me connect to wifi!!

If you'd deleted something vital for network detection, your home wi-fi connection wouldn't work either so I don't think that's the issue.

Maybe there just aren't any networks in range when your laptop doesn't find any away from home?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-me-connect-to-wifi-575552.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,
I have 2 laptops and one of them wont connect to my new D-Link DIR-615. It worked for a while but then suddenly the morning after I installed the router it fails when I try to connect to the wifi. Now I've tried everything I can think of. Reinstalled the router with different encryption. Updated drivers to networkcard. Deleted saved network wifi settings.

The thing is that the laptop that struggles with the WiFi earlier had some problem connecting to internet with cable. It worked for a while but then suddenly it stopped working. Then I either rebooted the computer or rebooted the networkcard and it solved the problem. Allthough the problem kept coming back. I don't know if these 2 problems is somewhat connected.

A:Can't connect to WiFi

with a cable connected to the router and PC - can we see an ipconfig /all

what windows version is on the PC?

can we also see an ipconfig /all from a working PC

make sure we know which ipconfig /all belongs to which PC
ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
all the text will now be highlighted
Next

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-wifi.1098021/
Relevancy 44.29%

What I want to do is be able to control my PC from my TV screen. I mean I want to be able to stream a live ball game or movie I have on my PC hard drive & see it on my TV. I heard about Roku & thought that is what I wanted or Blueray with DLNA. But Roku just pulls streams from subscriber sites like Netflix & Hulu. DLNA will allow you to view video you have on your HDD but will not let you stream live feeds like watching a live event that is streaming on your PC. Is there any hardware out there that will allow me to have what?s on my PC screen on my TV screen via wifi (or other means)? Thanks!

A:How can I connect my PC to TV via Wifi?

After much research I've decided the best option would be:
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SMP-N200-Streaming-Media-Player/dp/B005MR6CNK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324329032&sr=8-1

Its basically a DLNA capable Blueray machine without the disk player part. I have not played a actual DVD on my TV in ages. It will allow me to watch stuff I have on my PC & has internet, streaming options as well. Not 100% what I was shooting for but close enough. Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433374/how-can-i-connect-my-pc-to-tv-via-wifi/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi guys, I'm having trouble connecting two of my devices to the internet via WiFi. One is a laptop (Lenovo G560)-- I'm getting a "Windows was unable to connect to XXX" when trying to connect, and when I do an ipconfig /release, it says "No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected." I've tried reinstalling the wireless drivers but it doesn't seem to be working.

The second is a desktop with a TP-Link USB adapter. Same problem here as well.

The weird thing is that everything else works. I suspected that it's my modem or router, but my phone can connect fine, as does my Chromebook. My primary desktop is working fine via ethernet connection.

Thanks.

A:Cannot connect to WiFi

For testing try disabling the encryption on the router and see if you can connect.
On the Lenovo G560
Press Windows flag key + R and in the open field type: cmd (press enter)
In the command prompt type: netsh wlan show all (press enter)
Copy the results and paste in your next reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-wifi.1140237/
Relevancy 44.29%

I just bought a new laptop today. HP m6-1225dr, running, unfortunately, Windows 8

I cannot to connect to wifi. Eventually, not sure how I finally got it to work since it wasn't at first, I can connect when the ethernet cable is plugged into the router. I called HP and they kept telling me to call comcast, even though NOTHING is showing up.

It says "wi-fi no networks found" - not sure what else to do. I'm in control panel and when I try to manually connect it says an unexpected error occurred.

I downloaded, from my other computer, network drivers I found on the hp website, which is why I think I was able to connect with the ethernet.

Please help. Thanks!

A:New HP - Cannot connect to wifi

I randomly got it to work. Nevermind LOL.

Thanks anyway!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hp-cannot-connect-to-wifi.191902/
Relevancy 44.29%

For around 24 hours now my laptop hasn't been able to connect to wifi for some reason. Wired connection works and the wifi on all other devices works too. When I troubleshoot, it says "investigate router or access point issues". I have restarted my router but the issue is still there. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/can-t-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5719210
Relevancy 44.29%

Running Windows 7 Home Premium on a netbook. Since yesterday get message "Windows cannot connect to wifi". Running checks suggests resetting the router, but two other devices, an IPad and an almost identical netbook are connected no problem. I havn't changed anything. It can see the router. Done normal reboots, disconnect reuse connect adapter etc. no luck. This has happened before on two other computers on different routers, and we don't know what eventually fixed it, although changing the encryption method might have solved one of them, even though that computer had been connecting for weeks before the failure. The only one of our family devices never to have experienced this is the IPad. Help please.

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246460-cant-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi
I have just purchased a new Panasonic Plasma TV that has a LAN port, I would prefer to connect with wifi.
I have a Netgear DG844G wireless modem.
Is it possible (via a piece of equipment) to connect the TV with wifi?
I have a Netgear Access Point which I am not sure is correct to use for this purpose
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 44.29%

Iam having problem connecting to my wifi.It says can't connect to this wifi network.My adapter is working fine.It is Broadcom 802.11n

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Cant-connect-to-my-wifi/td-p/5769409
Relevancy 44.29%

Impossible to connect to net via WIFI.  Box is working as I can connect my other devices via WIFI The logo wifi on the right bottom appears wityh a red cross. when clich right: "No net work available..."  I made diagnostic of the WIFI driver: All is normal... What should I do next?Thanks

A:cannot connect to net via WIFI

Hi @Jacques38, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!  You have come to the right place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I see that you are not able to connect to the Wireless on HP 14-ac107nf Notebook.  Here is an excellent troubleshooting tool. First, try resetting the router. Unplug the router and wait 30 seconds before plugging it back in to make sure it fully resets. Please let me know how this goes.  To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below. Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/cannot-connect-to-net-via-WIFI/td-p/5600007
Relevancy 44.29%

hey all, i'm not very tech minded so bear with me..

i just got naked wireless installed yesterday.. my phone connects right away and is working fine.

when i click to connect it, it tries to connect but doesn't do anything.
when i click the repair bit, it gets to 'renewing your ip address' and stops and says it cannot be completed.
i have connected to other wireless networks before, but haven't used wireless for about a year or so.

i go the laptop refurbished, and it came with this notepad thing if this helps..

IBM R60
C2D T5500
1 GB RAM
160 GB HDD
DVDRW/WIFI

000029-7HWU16-GBHD4R-MGD91H-40Z2PV-KYG17W-6UBN10-FA9Q6N-KT756W-KN64DA-3EWQY8
AVG PC TUNEUP 2011
i'm not sure how to get any more info about the computer..

sorry for my lack of info.. and thanks in advance.

oh and it's a lenovo r60

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-wifi.1106056/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello. I have a problem with my dell Inspiron 3542 laptop with windows 8.1 64bit. I see networks but i can't connect to them. I tried to connect using linux live and it worked so it's windows problem. It's not my laptop so I don't know how it happend. 

A:can't connect to wifi

Hello Hukirower,

Have you tried updating the wireless card drivers? It should either ship with DW 1704/1705. You can also try running the built-in wireless troubleshooter. That should fix most connectivity issues. If this fails to resolve the issue, you can do a system restore to a point the issue didn't exist. However, I would suggest the latter after you have taken a backup of your personal files.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988729
Relevancy 44.29%

Help Guys am suffering a lot I need one to help. my pc is lenovo b50 w8.1 running on 64-bit. few days earlier it was unable to power on and we had used a format CD to reset it to factory mode but after I have lost many softwares and driver, also wlan driver's gone. we've tried to install many wlan drivers but they can't help. I cant' see the wifi icon and when I try to connect by cmd prompt in netsh wlan commands it says there's no wireless interface on the system. I can only connect to broadband and ethernet but wifi icon is gone. Any one help, God bless.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/help-my-pc-cant-connect-wifi-4611443/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi everyone, Please, I really need your help. I had my laptop downgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 7 (64-bit). Now after the installation of the new OS, I can no longer connect to wifi. The following are my laptop and problem details. PRODUCT NAME: HP 15 Notebook PC (HP 15-d002se)SERIAL NUMBER: 5CB35223P1PRODUCT NUMBER: F9F78EA#ABV HARDWARE ID:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_21BC103C&REV_09PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_21BC103CPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&CC_030000PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&CC_0300 These drivers are not working: -3d Video Controller-Network Controller-PCI device-SM Bus Controller-Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller  I really appreciate your help.Thanks a lot!

Reinstall all the windows 7 drivers from the link below. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-d000-Notebook-PC-series/6529963/model/6822794

Please click ?Accept as Solution ? if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.Click the ?Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say ?Thanks? for helping.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5757908
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a desktop and two laptops in my room as well as two other laptops in the house used by family members The other week I bought us a new Netgear N Wireless Router to replace a old Linksys Wireless-G Broadband to connect wifi Can't Router When setting up the new router I was able to connect the desktop and every single laptop in the house except for one The laptop of mine that can connect is an ASUS G jh The Can't connect to wifi laptop that can not connect is an old HP Pavilion dv Prior to the router change bot Can't connect to wifi the ASUS and HP connected perfectly After the switch when trying to connect with the dv I receive the following issue My dv does detect every local wifi signal and I both connected and entered the WPA password It is currently connected to the wifi signal but I do not have internet access The status of the signal reads quot Unidentified network my SSID quot I tried running Windows Network Diagnostics but the results are quot A problem with your network router or broadband modem might be preventing an Internet connection quot When I try to automatically get a new IP it just comes up with the above response I have tried running ipconfig renew but the only response is that my laptop is quot unable to contact your DHCP server quot I have tried a few DHCP fixes but I don t really know what I m doing or if that s what the problem is I checked and made sure that my router has DHCP enabled as well I have tried power cycling my router as well I just can t seem to identify what is preventing me from connecting Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi!

I have a laptop: HP pavillion dv7 and i can't connect to my wifi. It's not the first time it happens.

Previous time: Couldn't connect, formatted, couldnt connect, took it to a store, it worked there i arrived home and it was working.

This time: I had internet and i was playing Guild Wars 2, it lagged, the connection went down, cant connect to my wifi anymore.

Already tried to reset the router, rebooted the pc, clear all the networks memorized on the wifi list, and this:

"Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults: netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults: netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log"

that i saw on another post. Can anyone help?

I can connect trough cable

Relevancy 44.29%

Suddenlly my aspire e15 cannot connect to the wifi. The problem never occur before even i just use it lastnight. Then i figured out the wifi adapter should installed have disappeared. Now my network adapter only got 2 ethernet adapter...what should i do?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Cant-connect-to-wifi/td-p/446811
Relevancy 44.29%

A couple years ago I bought a Netgear Wireless-G Router WGR61v10 and it worked completely fine, since I haved moved to a knew location and hooked up all the wires again I haven't been able to connect to my wifi with any of my electronics. I have been able to use neighboring wifis that did not require a password and everything works fine, but when i use mine it refuses to let me connect. While using one of my electronics i have come to notice my wireless name is in the list of other users in my area. When I click on it, it shows that I am connected with a little check mark, but when going on to the internet it does not work. I don't know what the problem is and neighboring passwords are just not enough juice to keep me conected. Please help!

A:Can not connect to wifi.

What make/model computer?
Can you connect the problem computer using ethernet? It will make posting responses easier.

This is that etaf asks for:

lets see an ipconfig /all and xirrus screen shot

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
all the text will now be highlighted
Next

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil.../download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus...-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_...g_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative nu... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-connect-to-wifi.1073450/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hola I recently started having this issue and I cannot find out why I am WiFi to Cannot connect not that savvy with computers which is probably why I am having such a hard time trying to deal with this Pretty much I Cannot connect to WiFi switched to a new ISP about a month ago but we haven't got an ethernet connection set up yet so we are just running off the WiFi from the router But on my PC now whenever I boot up the system it will not show any WiFi connections I can join I tried uninstalling the Adaptor and rebooting but it says afterwards that the installation was not successful I went into properties and saw that this it is a Code Error I would try to manually update the driver but since I have no ethernet connect I cannot do that I opened up CCleaner and analyzed my registry and saw I had some errors o O I just ran it on Saturday so I do not know how that happened I am currently using my laptop till I can find an solution for this ill take any help that I can get it is just I may not understand all the info given If you have any suggestions though I thank you

A:Cannot connect to WiFi

Some older laptops have switches that turn the connection on and off....make sure it's on. Also, some laptops come with a wifi network application that controls your connections. I've had problems in the past with conflicts when there is too many wifi applications running. I always turn off the extra application, and use only the windows wifi connection controller, or the adapter's controller if it's an external wifi card or usb adapter.

That's a good place to start, others here may have a better idea if you listed exactly what your system is (model # and/or adapter you are using).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-connect-to-wifi-614144.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I've just bought a Lenovo Ideapad Z470 - Win 7 ultimate 32 bit
Although I installed full driver, I couldn't connect to Wifi
I used : troubleshoot problem ---> still not working

wireless light not on
My brother did something ( not install/uninstall anythings), Wireless worked
But when I restart, it's not working
Help me, please

Hi
There's a switch on the lenova at the front I think which turns wifi on/off ,also try pressing fn+f5 keys as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279698-cant-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all,

My laptop (specs on my signature) is having bizarre behaviors, first thing i'm noticing is that is not connecting to my wifi... it does it everynow and then. I usually solve it by connecting it via ethernet to my router, use explorer to enter the router, resetting the wifi, and after that it works... but again, it's just a move by like.

Now i tried to do the same but internet explorer doesn't start, i runned a fix that i found online and i got the debug messages attached.... anyone can suggest where shall i try troubleshooting?

(the wireless card is fine, the driver is not the issue)

Shall i post an hijackthis log?

many thanks!
Alex

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-via-wifi.1159238/
Relevancy 44.29%

Wifi all a sudden stopped working on laptop. iPhones are fine.

A:Help Cannot connect to wifi

Your question contains absolutely nothing useful and your System Specs gives nothing about the Notebook/Laptop.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67437-help-cannot-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I tried to set up a yagi antenna and router to boost wifi reception but could not complete. My friend changed some settings while trying and now I can't connect at all. However, if I log off as me and back on as guest I can connect to the wifi connection. I have tried to reset the computer to an earlier date but it refuses. What changes do I need to make to be able to get back on - I can't use IE or Chrome as me but IE works as guest.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/connect-to-wifi-359549.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Whenever I try to connect to wifi it tells me that there are no connections around me or available but I know that there are because I am able to connect just fine on my phone. 

A:Won't connect to wifi

Hi, Check if the drivers are updated , if not just update ,if still doesnt work, delete the drivers and download from hp.com Cheers,Dhee 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Won-t-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5737913
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I m trying to connect to the Wifi of my friend in his apartment He had another friend set it up so he does not know how it works I have the password and everything and it logs me in But it does this quot Acquiring quot thing for a long time and eventually it says quot Limited or No Connectivity quot So even though I have a full green signal showing in the wifi icon in my laptop on the lower right of my screen the quot Wireless Network Connection quot has a Red x I think it has something to do with an IP address His saved Wifi to connect Can't Word document where he typed his password has an entry of an IP address as well He has Windows Maybe I should save this IP address in my laptop somewhere But where Or Can't connect to Wifi maybe his computer or router needs my IP address If so where do I save my IP address in his computer I know how to get the IP address of my laptop using IPCONFIG Or it could be totally something else Thanks for any help Rich nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

So I had to replace my hard drive, and I installed a new hard drive onto my computer and reinstalled windows 8.1 from the windows website. However, I am now unable to connect to any wifi at all. It says I need an Ethernet cable to connect to wifi, but with the previous hard drive I was able to connect to wifi. What happened? I can still access the files on my old hard drive if need be.

A:Cannot Connect to Wifi

What is the make and model number of your computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578588/cannot-connect-to-wifi/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am trying to get my friends laptop to connect to the wifi. It seams they missed a few updates, and aren't able to connect to the internet. Their laptop doesn't even pick up wifi networks. I ran a windows update that was ready to be installed, to see if that would fix anything, but it did not. I also downloaded the latest wifi driver for the divice from HP onto my personal computer and installed it onto the Hp Stream 11 via flashdrive. Still no avail. The error the Hp Network check is throwing says "This computer is expriencing a network connectivity problem (999)".  Further information would be the laptop says the firewall is down. Help is much appreciated.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Cannot-Connect-to-Wifi/td-p/5675359