Windows Support Forum

Wifi not working but ethernet does (not laptop)

Q: Wifi not working but ethernet does (not laptop)

Earlier today the wifi suddenly stopped working while I was online. I wasn't doing anything extensive, just browsing. The ethernet cable works just fine so I know it's not the internet itself just the wifi. Also, it's not my laptop as another laptop and kindle are unable to connect as well through the wifi but the other laptop can also connect through the ethernet. Is there anything I can do to try to get it working or is the router just burnt out and I need a new one? It's a few years old, a Cisco brand. Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wifi not working but ethernet does (not laptop)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wifi not working but ethernet does (not laptop)

Try to log in the administrator on your cisco router try to find out if the wireless setting is change or disable...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-not-working-but-ethernet-does-not-laptop.200709/
Relevancy 66.65%

My computer is able to connect to the internet through an ethernet cable, but no devices besides my tv is able to wirelessly connect at all. The internet doesn't even show in the Choose A Network tab on my Ipad.

A:WiFi isn't working but ethernet is

What is the make and model of the router or modem you are using? What type of internet connection do you have (DSL / Cable / Satellite / etc). What have you done so far to try to correct this problem (reboot equipment, change settings, unplug then re-plug equipment, etc.)? Need to provide more information before anyone can really try to help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-isnt-working-but-ethernet-is.212323/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi guys, first post here. I don't know much about tech so joined here for help. I moved into a new house (rented) and we have virgin media internet with their infamously reliable super hub

I can connect to the internet fine with an ethernet cable but only get "local" access when attempting with wifi. My friend can get on wifi fine on his laptop and my wifi works fine on other networks which leads me to believe its just some settings that need changing. I will try to attach a picture of my ipconfig with wifi switched on and no ethernet cable in.

Any help on this would be much appreciated, I've googled for hours and hours but nothing anyone suggests on there has worked for me.

Cheers for any replies

A:Wifi not working, ethernet does

Is that Cell phone internet your using there. Disabled Wired connections when using WiFi connections don't have both enabled. Also are you sharing internet or WiFi in this building?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-not-working-ethernet-does.195318/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi There!
Yesterday night I had  tried to install a network driver in Windows 10. But it had not installed successfully. This morning I run my laptop as usual. But after a while I figured out that my wireless LAN, wifi, Ethernet, LAN and USB ports aren't working. So I do a ePSA Diagnostic from one time boot menu option by pressing F12 while restarting. There, I found on the Configuration tab:
Wireless Switch = on
Wireless Lan = not installed
Blutooth = installed
Wireless Wan = not installed
There are no sign of Wireless/Ethernet LAN in Device manager. There is a exclamation mark on USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller. My card reader and Bluetooth works fine.
I Would like to know what happened to my laptop(Dell Vostro 3460). Is my LAN Card dead? What about the USB Port?
Thanks in Advance,
Al Shahriar

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981000
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, I've been trying to connect my internet to the WIFI, but it keeps saying that I need to connect it to the Ethernet. My wifi button is orange, and even if i press it to airplane mode and back, it still is orange and not white. I tried to restart my computer a few times and it still won't connect saying there isn't any WIFI available. I'm using my sister's laptop and obviously the internet is working overall but just not my laptop. When I am at home in Madison, I use my laptop with ethernet, but when i'm at my parents house, i use the wifi and it usually works fine and connect right away but its not working right now.

A:Wifi not working, wants to connect to ethernet

Hello @NemoVang, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I came across your post about the WiFi issue, and wanted to help!  I understand that usually the notebook will connect, but not currently. To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:HP Customer Support - Products First, try reviewing the following steps, offered by community member @Great-Deku-Tree: First, we have a step by step guide to walk you through the troubleshooting process here: Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection A second option, is to try these steps:Powercycle the network:1. Shut down your notebook.2. Unplug the power to your router.3. Unplug the power to your modem.4. Wait at least 45 seconds.5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document. Source: Common fixes for wireless connectivity issues. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-not-working-wants-to-connect-to-ethernet/td-p/5666395
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello.

I am having an annoying problem with my laptop. It is Lenovo Y580 and every time I restart my computer, ethernet and wifi adapter both stop working. In device manager there's a code 10 reported. To get it working again I have to uninstall both and scan for hardware changes so that it installs it again. What could be the issue?

Thanks

A:Ethernet and Wifi not working after restart

Sounds like you may have an issue with their drivers. I'd go straight to the manufacturers of the network devices and get their latest drivers.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68612-ethernet-wifi-not-working-after-restart.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi For about years I have had the ability at my work place to access the LAN from my desktop via an Ethernet connection and at the same time access the internet via Wifi to a router DSL connection I just switched to Fios which means a Wifi internet and LAN not ethernet now working together new router Now for some reason I cannot have both connections functioning at the same time When they are both running -I cannot access internet Wifi connects just fine strong signal etc but browser can t find any addresses If I unplug the Ethernet LAN cable the browser - internet access is fine -I cannot print to a LAN network printer though I can still access the server on the LAN and run programs that are located on the server If I disable the Wifi I can print to a network printer fine I really need to be able to do both again E g when I am away my desktop will need to be connected to the internet so I can connect to it via Logmein and access files programs on the server Here is a printout of quot ipconfig all quot from my desktop Windows IP Configuration Host Name DOCTOR Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - D- -C - - Dhcp Enabled No IP LAN ethernet and Wifi internet not working together now Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter Physical Address - E-E - C-C - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday August AM Lease Expires Friday August AM A few years back I wrote down some ipconfig info - this is when things were working well Windows IP Configuration Host Doctor Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection IP Address Subnet Mask Ethernet Adapter Wireless Network IP Address Subnet Thank you so much nbsp

A:LAN ethernet and Wifi internet not working together now

More information:
OS on my desktop: XP Home SP3
OS on computer connected to router that is Wifi source for my desktop (internet access) - XP Home SP3
OS on server (LAN, ethernet) - XP Pro SP3

ipconfig /all for computer connected to router (internet access)

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : AESCA

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : home
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-07-E9-73-57-FA

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.103

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, August 08, 2013 11:10:26 AM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Friday, August 09, 2013 11:10:26 AM

ipconfig /all for the server (connects to my desktop via Ethernet cable)

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : SERVER

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-25-64-04-C8-34

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.101

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Thank you!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-ethernet-and-wifi-internet-not-working-together-now.195144/
Relevancy 66.22%

Once I installed windows 10 as I received update thenafter both ethernet and wifi did not work. Therefore, I downgraded my system to the inbuilt 8.1 and now the wifi is unable to connect while its been detected by the system. My MODEM's wifi is perfectly working on my cell. Kindly guide me to solve the issue at the earliest.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-is-not-working-but-ethernet-works/td-p/5715870
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Sony Vaio with WIFI and an ALienware that does not have WIFI. I need to connect the Alienware to the Vaio with ethernet cable to access the net. I keep getting a IP address conflict message on the Vaio. The only thing I need the Vaio for is the WIFI connectivity. Will be purchasing a new PCI card (wireless adapter) soon but until I do... I need to make that connection on the Vaio a Hot Spot or the likes. Any surefire methodology to accomplish this task? Thanks so much for any help you can offer. Kirt (530)749-1110

A:Win XP, laptop#1 has WIFI, laptop #2 needs to connect thru #1 with ethernet cable

what operating systems are on the PCs

you should use ICS - internet connection sharing or bridge
what type of cable do you have - it may need a crossover cable if the pcs are old and do not have autosensing LAN connections
------------------------------------------------------------------------
TURN ON ICS
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing

General
-------
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Using-ICS-Internet-Connection-Sharing

XP
--
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/crawford_02july01.mspx

VISTA
-----
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows VISTA
http://www.windowsreference.com/win...ternet-connection-sharing-ics-setup-in-vista/

windows 7
---------
TURN ON ICS - for internet sharing - for windows 7
http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/bridge-network-connections-in-windows-7/

Bridging two network connections:
Make sure the secondary connection has DHCP enabled.
Open the Network Connections folder from the Start Menu, Settings.
Select the first connection to be used in the bridge and highlight it by left clicking on it.
Holding the Ctrl key, select the second connection to be used in the bridge by left clicking on it.
Right click on one of the two highlighted connections and select Bridge Connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-laptop-1-has-wifi-laptop-2-needs-to-connect-thru-1-with-ethernet-cable.1016997/
Relevancy 65.36%

So I recently did a fresh install of on my clean Ethernet while on 8.1 does install wifi not working custom rig Hardware's all about years old Encountered some issues with memory bad stick identified and BSODs Killer NIC seemed to be the cause These issues are Ethernet not working while wifi does on clean 8.1 install presented here http answers microsoft com thread - dfc c After removing the Killer NIC i tried using the onboard Intel V gigabit controller Here's where i encountered this new issue windows network diagnostics tells me quot Ethernet quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration the built in diagnostics for the card say quot This adapter is configured to obtain an IP address automatically but no DHCP server is present on the network Windows selected an IP address using Alternate Private IP Addressing quot I then bit the bullet and did another clean install The first driver I then installed was the onboard NIC with the driver provided by Intel https downloadcenter intel com dow r-Windows- - - same thing I'm nearing the end of my rope and considering just upgrading my mobo and CPU recently installed on my custom rig Intel z bc board with an i k and GTX Ran into some issues with memory bad stick removed and BSODs Killer NIC identified as the culprit most of my situation is outlined here MULTIPLE IRP COMPLETE REQUESTS - Microsoft Community I bit the bullet and did another clean install first thing installed is the latest driver for my intel V gigabit controller encountered the same issues as before

A:Ethernet not working while wifi does on clean 8.1 install

Can you manually enter the information?
What type of Internet service are you using (DSL, etc.) and are you connecting through a Router?

See this Internet Options - Open in Windows 8[1]=Networking Internet
And IP Address of Default Gateway - Find in Windows[1]=Networking Internet

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67942-ethernet-not-working-while-wifi-does-clean-8-1-install.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My laptop used to be connected

1. wirelessly to a wireless router and
2. physically to a switch via ethernet cable to access other PCs on site

For years, I was able to

1. enjoy wireless internet access and
2. transfer big files to my other PCs via ethernet, having prioritised the LAN connection

All was well. After two months absence from work, I found the wireless router was broken, so I bought two new ones, same model as before, just in case. Windows 7 Enterprise also updated in the meantime.

Now, when the ethernet cable is plugged in, I have no wireless internet access ("Attempting to Authenticate... forever); when the ethernet cable is not plugged in, I have instant wireless access.

What could I do? I am puzzled... Thanks in advance for any advice!

A:Ethernet LAN and WIFI / WLAN not working simultaneously

Hi ... What is the Model Number of your Laptop ... Some Laptops have a feature in the BIOS which will enable both connections ...

You should check there first especially if you Laptop is an HP ...

Also check out the Solutions in the Link below ...
How to use Wireless and Wired Connection both at a same time in Windows 7? - Super User

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363638-ethernet-lan-wifi-wlan-not-working-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 65.36%

So i was working (not Z50-70 Ethernet Wifi Lenovo not detected). given a laptop to repair a Lenovo Z - to be precise So the guy said his Wifi and Ethernet weren't working Error Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected). Lenovo Z50-70 in device manager seems to suggest they arent connected which i don't understand considering its a laptop later it quot died quot temporarily as in wouldn't boot or anything It's decided to work again I did a OS rollback to see if perhaps it was OS side The problem is still occurring I can use a phone to tether so i don't believe it's software related I'm yet to Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected). Lenovo Z50-70 pull it apart to see if anythings been spilt for example When i do attempt to reinstall drivers it states the devices cant be found the devices were actually hidden in device manager any ideas as to what could be the issue before i say mobo it seems the bios thinks it's days ago too if that's relevant Specs i - U gb DDR Nvidia m TB HDD As far as im aware it Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected). Lenovo Z50-70 is stock from the shop It's just out of it's month warranty as per usual So I did a bios update and reset to defaults no change I'm doing the OS reset I'll check if it's there If not I'm gunna try upgrading to Windows to see if that fixes the issue I tried disabling the wifi card in the bios thinking maybe disable reenable might do it possibly No change Honestly this has me stumped haha Like the driver installations can't find the hardware I can tether with a phone But the lan and wifi don't work So strange i upgraded to windows also and the problem still persists Cheers guys

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57667-ethernet-wifi-not-working-not-detected-lenovo-z50-70-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

So. I am currently "deployed" to a location that has free WiFi running on average 10 Mbps. I am using this connection to connect to a VPN I have setup at home.

My question is this, can I use my laptop's open LAN port to share the internet connection with my Xbox? I'm gonna go with yes on that one, with the help of a crossover cable of course. But, will the connection I'm sharing also be the VPN connection? Or will it just be sharing the WiFi connection?

So basically it's like this ... Laptop -> WiFi -> VPN

Will it be like this ... Xbox -> Laptop -> WiFi -> VPN

or

Like this ... Xbox -> Laptop -> WiFi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ics-and-vpn-using-laptops-wifi-and-ethernet.927882/
Relevancy 64.5%

I updated my Windows 8.1 HP Pavillion e118dx computer just after purchasing it. Since the update, both my wireless and ethernet connections are labeled as "limited" and I can't access the internet. ipconfig /all returns no information. I've tried rolling back both drivers, and also tried using every version of the drivers currently on my computer. I installed the drivers from the HP website, and still I can't connect. Can anyone help or offer more troubleshooting advice?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543053/ethernet-and-wifi-stopped-working-after-windows-81-update/
Relevancy 64.5%

OK so not. wifi working Client server Ethernet environment. my server was unplugged maliciously or not for at least two days it was unplugged When I finally discovered Ethernet working wifi not. Client server environment. it I restarted the computer and I had to restart the DNS because no one could get online through Ethernet I also reset the WAN and the LAN Now my wifi lynksys that has always worked shows up in the network but devices trying to connect cannot obtain an IP address and cannot get on the internet In addition I noticed that my comcast modem will recognize the service and my dlink switch in LAN and LAN ports but the LAN port where the wifi unit is connected will not light up and detect the wiifi I have reset the modem and the wifi unit several times and nothing is working Can anyone think of anything else or could this be a comcast issue Oh forgot to mention this all started right after a lightning strike on friday and the internet went down I tried configuring a new wifi unit but the same thing happens so I reconnected the old wifi unit as it stands this is where I am at nbsp

A:Ethernet working wifi not. Client server environment.

Has the wifi SSID name changed since you reset the router? Since the reset of the wifi router, what is the default IP address? Remove the wifi unit from switch and plug into a laptop or other Ethernet PC and attempt to connect to it after setting your Ethernet NIC to the static IP4 settings specified by the instruction manual for the linksys router. Make sure the linksys routers ip settings do not conflict with the Comcast gateway's own DHCP settings. What is handling DHCP in your network?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-working-wifi-not-client-server-environment.1132678/
Relevancy 64.5%

Sir actually i am from india my brother purchased my hp envy m6 w103dx laptop in april 2016 from united states.on 27th sep. I updated my windows 10 which was given with the laptop at the time of purchasing. After that my system wifi and Ethernet drivers are not working. I went to service centre and they told my recovery media has currupted and i have no recovery cd.they are saying that they cant help because i purchased it from US. What i should do now and infact its 5 month gurentee also remaining.please reply if anyone has any solution.its urgent..

A:Wifi Ethernet drivers are not working Recovery media also c...

Hi, What is your laptop ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108 You have to order from the US.  Please use the following instructions:      http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143Regards.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Wifi-Ethernet-drivers-are-not-working-Recovery-media-also/td-p/5794952
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi Toshiba Community,
Laptop has been running for months without issue. Today both Wifi and Ethernet Adaptors have dreaded "!" mark in device manager.
Tried to replace with known working driver (not that it was updated in last 6 months) from C:\windows (Win8.1 64bit), Windows returns with "drivers up to date"!
Tried restore from last 2-3 weeks, made no difference. Anyone has any idea if these laptops meant to have "fits" without any reason. Or Toshiba sells them to last max 2 years only....? I do notice U840W is not in Win10 compatibility list, hence reverted back to Win8.1, 6 months ago.
Thanks
Parv

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91743-Satellite-U840W-Wifi-and-ethernet-both-stopped-working
Relevancy 64.5%

I have an HP Envy laptop running Windows with an i Gig of RAM and an Ethernet) Out Dropping Laptop WiFi (and Keeps Intel wireless receiver My WiFi connection will be fine for about - minutes and then will suddenly drop out The laptop doesn t disconnect from Laptop WiFi (and Ethernet) Keeps Dropping Out the network but I lose all access to the internet Other devices are fine so I m pretty sure it isn t the router or the incoming connection to it the status lights don t change either I ve got a very good signal so Laptop WiFi (and Ethernet) Keeps Dropping Out it isn t that When the connection goes disabling then re-enabling WiFi often fixes it but not always Even more confusingly the Ethernet does the same thing which makes me think it isn t a fault with the WiFi card after all I ve tried changing the power settings in the device properties of the receiver - i e unchecking allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot This seemed to work for a while but the problem has reappeared and the boxes are still unchecked Also tried reinstalling the WiFi card and its drivers no dice I m at my wit s end Anything which requires a steady signal - e g Skype or online gaming - is obviously impossible which is very annoying Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing the problem and how it might be fixed nbsp

A:Laptop WiFi (and Ethernet) Keeps Dropping Out

What firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wifi-and-ethernet-keeps-dropping-out.1152363/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi There I recently moved house and got Virgin internet not wireless All Wifi ethernet Intel works and working, PC phones does. other with a new router modem I have an oldish laptop whose wireless has always worked Since setting everything up with the new router the wireless doesn t work When plugging in the ethernet cable everything is fine I know it isn t the router as I have a mac Intel Wifi not working, ethernet does. All other phones and PC wireless works and a bunch of iphones and ipads hooked up I have googled this to death and updated all the drivers of the laptop restarted the wifi card updated everything I could on this laptop and I still can t figure out why the wifi wont connect I hope that you can help Details are below Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU U GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire T Antivirus Sophos Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled Ip Config file Run without the Ethernet cable plugged in Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jo-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address - E- - -DC-EE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address - F- -B - E-FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E E -E D- F E- EE- E AF EBD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F F A- A - FB-ABE - AF E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Intel Wifi not working, ethernet does. All other phones and PC wireless works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-wifi-not-working-ethernet-does-all-other-phones-and-pc-wireless-works.1106926/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have Lenovo laptop and my internet works just fine when the cable is connected but Wifi does not work It shows that i have excellent signal on the side but it just wont connect When i type with Wifi not cable Laptop works Ethernet but in password it says quot Windows cannot connect to XYZ quot I use Windows and my wireless network adapter is Atheros AR C Users MY gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name MY-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List local lan Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF- -D - -DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -F -A -FA-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Laptop works with Ethernet cable but not Wifi Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -F -A -FA-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C -CB- -FC-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -AE- D-DE- A- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d af d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November AM Lease Expires Friday November PM Default Gateway fe ff fe b DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab c f ca f fefd Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c f ca f fefd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D DE-EF - E -A B -BB A C F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap local lan Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AAE A - - DAF-AE E- BA B CACF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CC - - - -EAF D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Here s a screenshot of what it shows nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

I have my Home Security System, ip cameras... On a router and going to ethernet
my laptop
On that same laptop I connect wirelessy from my internet modem. but I get an error message saying that Multiple Networks have been detected. To configure the router correctly to solve the problem.

I have seen the internet working , with the additional router. Then it just blinks out and I get a message saying no internet available.

Something that should be simple to fix or maby I should just buy a USB wifi adapter instead of using the Ethernet Cable from my Modem or router. 2 wifi -connections instead of wifi- Ethernet connections. If that is possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380910-ethernet-port-lan-wifi-internet-same-laptop.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi there,

So in the past my laptop has been able to connect directly to the internet using an Cat5e cable, but recently when I have been trying to direct connect, I have been unable to, and not sure when the problem started because I always used WiFi and it worked great. I do a lot of messing around, not only with my network, but with my laptop settings also, so something might have gone bunko. I have done much troubleshooitng, such as trying to update drivers, checking to see if the hardware was disabled, etc... And I am out of ideas! Please, anything helps!

A:Ethernet Cable Not Recognized by Laptop, but Wifi is

can we see an ipconfig /all
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-cable-not-recognized-by-laptop-but-wifi-is.1059231/
Relevancy 64.07%

Something strange happened This morning at my Dell laptop quot Wi-Fi quot changed from quot Wi-Fi quot to quot Wi-Fi quot and my Ethernet is now quot Ethernet quot Now I cannot connect to the Internet through Ethernet which is my only option where I am which is at home and the Wi-Fi networks that used to show up on the list because I am within range don t show up anymore I cannot even turn Wi Fi on since it is grayed out under quot Networks quot Specifically it now says quot Dell Wireless b g n GHZ quot on the Device Manager I tried to delete the from quot Wi-Fi quot on the Network Connections page but Laptop or connect Internet to ethernet Wifi with won't it says quot cannot rename this connection A connection with the name you specified already exists quot So the original Wi-Fi Laptop won't connect to Internet with ethernet or Wifi and Ethernet are still there somewhere but where Why did they disappear How can I get them back Here is some system information Windows edition Processor Intel Core i - U GHz GHz -bit operating system I restored my system to March but that didn t work Any help would be Laptop won't connect to Internet with ethernet or Wifi greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey there Have been having this problem for a while I'll try to make a long story short I'm on a personal build computer running x chipset Originally installed Windows Have upgraded to and then anniversary devices other working internet wifi loses stop and Desktop (ethernet) addition The problems started once I upgraded to Windows When the computer goes idle for the day leave for work come home later in the day the desktop which is connected via ethernet has lost it's connection and will only come back after Desktop loses internet (ethernet) and other wifi devices stop working a reboot Troubleshooting doesn't work and trying to disable and re-enable the NIC card doesn't work Once the desktop loses its connection every device that is connected via wifi will show that it is connected but will not load anything As soon as I reboot the desktop everything works fine I DO NOT need to reboot the modem or router I have searched over and over and over and have determined it is not a modem problem comcast eMTA in bridge mode or a router problem Asus RT-AC P so it must be a driver problem for my NIC card I cannot for the life of me find a Marvell Yukon E windows supported driver to see if that is the issue Maybe there are settings in the NIC card properties I need to change Any help would be appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/59729-desktop-loses-internet-ethernet-other-wifi-devices-stop-working.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi everyone Yesterday while at school I downloaded and installed WAMP on my laptop and this seems to have caused my computer to be unable to load any webpages Before I knew about WAMP I was partway through setting up Windows IIS I think and I had enabled it load webpages wifi/ethernet on unable to Laptop in the quot Turn Windows Features On or Off quot menu After installing WAMP I fiddled a bit Laptop unable to load webpages on wifi/ethernet with the stuff in the toolbar menu like starting stopping services installing Apache through the menu etc to get Laptop unable to load webpages on wifi/ethernet the icon to go green Once it did I went to quot localhost quot in Chrome and was brought to some Microsoft welcome page that seemed to be related to their IIS service Thinking this was not the page I should be seeing I disabled IIS in the Windows Features menu and restarted my computer Upon trying to reopen the Chrome tabs I had nothing loaded The only thing that showed up was a page that said quot This webpage is not available quot with a message below in smaller text that said quot ERR NAME RESOLUTION FAILED quot Also I was able to ping servers tried and through command prompt's quot ping quot command at multiple times yesterday At one point while I was home I power-cycled my modem After this I was able to ping websites by name such as google com and facebook com and I was also able to load facebook's website in Chrome I didn't try loading Google This only lasted for about a minute and the same ping command returned quot Ping request could not find host xyz quot Refreshing facebook at this point gave me the familiar quot This webpage is not available quot page Things I've tried so far Turning IIS back on Just did this now and for seconds I was able to load Facebook a couple times and Reddit a couple times Refreshed both pages again and got essentially text-only versions of each site with very little formatting and graphics but as far as I could tell both pages still had the same content Another refresh a minute or two later and it's back to the same error page Windows Network Diagnostics troubleshooter When I ran it yesterday I got an error along the lines of quot Your DNS server might be unavailable quot and when I run it now I get quot Your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues quot I'm able to load webpages just fine over WiFi on both my phone and my brother's laptop so I'm skeptical that the modem could be the issue This is compounded by the fact that I had the same issues on my school's internet yesterday Manually assigning IPV to DNS servers and Did this yesterday in response to the first troubleshooter error message and nothing changed Currently I've set IPV back to automatically retrieving the DNS server address Some commands in Admin Command Prompt ipconfig renew release something winsock reset No change here either Uninstalling WAMP through the Windows quot Uninstall a Program quot page Again no change System Specs Laptop Samsung ATIV Book NP Z E-X U OS Windows -bit WiFi Adapter Intel Centrino Advanced-N Internet Provider Verizon FiOS

A:Laptop unable to load webpages on wifi/ethernet

Do a System Restore to a date before you messed with IIS and WAMP.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68573-laptop-unable-load-webpages-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi! My hp laptop doesn't get signal from my belkin wireless router. It picks up my neighbor's unsecured signals, but mine says "local only". My ipod touch doesnt get any problem picking up my router's signal. I can only use the internet when i connect my ethernet cable. I don't see any problem with my router (coz the ipod picks it up), as well as my laptop (it picks up other signals!) so it's so frustrating!!! i also checked if it's compatible with vista (it is!) so i have no idea why they're not connecting!!!

my OS is vista
HP laptop
Belkin router...

im sorry but im not much of a techie... if you need more info, just send me a message here please.

any help is much appreciated.

thanks

A:my laptop doesnt get wifi connection from my router, only thru ethernet

Hi Jhaenine,

The problem seems to be with the wireless computer only. Because the other wireless device shows connected to the wireless network. To isolate this issue, please follow the steps given below:

1. Click on Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Wireless Networks (on the left hand side of the page).
2. Remove all the preferred wireless networks if any listed on the page.
3. Click on Connect to a network > select your wireless network and click connect.
4. Type in the proper wireless security keys if prompted, that would show successfully connected to the wireless network.
5. Try going online and that should work. If the problem persists, please follow the steps given below:

1. Click on Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Network Connections (on the left hand side of the page) > Right click on Wireless Network Connection > Properties > Highlight Internet Protoco Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) > Properties.
2. Select "use the following ip address" > type in the ip address in the range of 192.168.2.xxx (Where x refers to 2 to 254) > Subnet mask will be automatically 255.255.255.0 and type in the default gateway as 192.168.2.1
3. Select "use the following DNS" > type in 4.2.2.1 in the preferred and 4.2.2.2 in the alternate DNS and click ok and ok.

That must work.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-doesnt-get-wifi-connection-from-my-router-only-thru-ethernet.883401/
Relevancy 63.21%

I am a new member and have never ever posted before on any forum but am totally confused and lost here I know some about computers 2 directly Connect Help!! laptop wifi w/1 laptops w/ethernet and had both my laptops Help!! Connect 2 laptops directly w/ethernet w/1 laptop wifi connected for whole day before I made the mistake and turned them off at the end of the day now can t remember Help!! Connect 2 laptops directly w/ethernet w/1 laptop wifi how to get it to work again please how do I connect them directly together with a ethernet cable so that I am able to connect to the internet from both One is Windows Media xp and is built in wireless my other one is also xp but doesn t have built in wifi and I broke my netgear adapter so unable to connect We run off the internet wifi offered free from where we live so how do I solve this issue p s no modem or router available to use and I am homebound disabled can someone walk me through the steps of creating a network for home and whatever else I need to do to fix this Thanks nbsp

A:Help!! Connect 2 laptops directly w/ethernet w/1 laptop wifi

After connecting them together by ethernet enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on the wireless connection that has internet access. You can probably also bridge the wireless and ethernet connections, but to say that I'm making the assumption that you are not restricted to only one IP address on your free Wi-Fi. I haven't given any more details, since I assume this will jog your memory of which you did yesterday.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-connect-2-laptops-directly-w-ethernet-w-1-laptop-wifi.964336/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 62.78%

Wifi suddenly Solved: Wifi still but suddenly works Ethernet, with iPhone/iPad stopped wor working, stopped working works with Ethernet cable works with iPad and iPhone but not with Sony Vaio laptop wifi Have spent hours on the phone Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, but works with Ethernet, iPhone/iPad still wor with Internet Service Provider who went through all settings and checked everything checked CMD prompts and changed SSID created new channels etc I m using Windows and have McAfee What could have caused this to suddenly stop working How do I get it to work again I have checked my wifi is still on it still connects to the wireless modem router D-Link and at start up has a yellow triangle with exclamation mark inside then that disappears and says internet is connected on internet bars icon but no browsing is possible at all with any of my browsers chrome Firefox explorer Have disabled McAfee firewall have restarted in safe mode but nothing is helping Have tried on different wifi connections with same problem I restored to the last date I could use wifi and it didn t change anything Help please nbsp

A:Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, but works with Ethernet, iPhone/iPad still wor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-suddenly-stopped-working-but-works-with-ethernet-iphone-ipad-still-wor.1118774/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi i have a Toshiba Satellite computer and my wifi doesnt work, it used to but it stopped all of a sudden.
https://gyazo.com/984c41491a3603c408f40cc4446008df

A:Toshiba Laptop internet only works through Ethernet Cable, NO WIFI

Reinstall your wifi driver from offcial toshiba website. Or you can check your all driver updated or not. To easily check all driver just download advanced driver updater to update WiFi and other driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590272/toshiba-laptop-internet-only-works-through-ethernet-cable-no-wifi/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello My laptop recently got a horrible virus which I managed to fix despite being a girl However One of the remaining side effects of the virus is that it will not scan for wireless networks - every time I try it says quot Windows cannot configure this wireless connection quot and quot If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection start the Wireless Zero Configuration WZC service quot So I can currently only - will the scanning My has laptop wifi stopped internet ethernet cable only allow for connect to the internet using an ether net cable which is very restricting as it means I can t take my laptop to a cafe etc Things I ve tried gt Turning it on and off again - yes - in every way - the router the laptop the cabelling all of it gt Other laptops - I have had friends bring their laptops round and they have been able to scan for and connect to my wireless network - so the problem is definitely with my laptop gt System Restore - I have tried to restore back to the week before the laptop got the virus but this has not solved the problem Could it be that My laptop has stopped scanning for wifi - only the ethernet cable will allow internet the virus made my computer go into some kind of emergency attack mode and then the firewall got effected Any advice would be very gratefully received - thanks in advance for your help It is a Toshiba A - laptop running Windows XP xx nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-has-stopped-scanning-for-wifi-only-the-ethernet-cable-will-allow-internet.951187/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have been having a problem the Sony internet won't ethernet) or to (wifi Laptop connect Vaio for a few weeks now and nothing I ve done or come across seems to solve the issue Basically when I try and connect to my wifi netgear router I get a very strong signal but local only access amp an unidentified network I have my desktop amp more laptops running off this router so it can t be that After failing to connect to wifi I tried to use an ethernet connection to try and update my drivers in hope that would fix the wifi problem After plugging the ethernet Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) in I was in exactly the same position I kept getting Identifying appear in network connections which then turned to unidentified and wouldn t allow me to connect to Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) the internet either The laptop is about - years old I think so I did update the drivers but that didn t do anything either any help would be appreciated Thanks Forgot to Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) mention my os is vista nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

I have a Dell Studio with Vista and Wifi capability I ve had the computer for a year and a half and I ve never ethernet wirelessly, connect Solved: Wifi working, suddenly but wont stopped works had a major problem with wireless connection before Any problem has been purely because of a low connection strength or because I was in a classroom I m a college student in which multiple people were trying to Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, wont connect wirelessly, but ethernet works connect at once Eventually it always worked I was home for the weekend and connected to my primary wireless connection and all of a sudden I lost connection and could not reconnect I tried restarting and shutting off both the computer and wireless router I tried resetting the wireless router I tried turning on and off the Wifi button on my computer Still cannot connect I plugged in an ethernet cable into my internet directly from the router and it runs fine that is how I am on the internet on my laptop at the moment I will not always have access to an ethernet cable when I go back to school later today and I have a project I need to research so I m kind of in a rush to get this figured out Also it s just so much easier connecting wireless and obviously I d like this fixed Anyway I read up on other people s similar problem and I don t know if I changed something or messed up but now whenever i click to view Wireless Connections the router for my house has a red x next to it and says quot The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network quot Even before it said that I could not connect And it used to have full signal strength It would say it can t connect and I could either view other connections and or try again or diagnose the problem If hit to view others I would try again to no avail If I hit diagnose it would say that there may be a problem with the wireless internet or something like that and then there would be three options two of them to plug in set up a LAN connection and a third to quot view troubleshooting for low wireless connections quot but I ve tried the last option before and all of those steps even though I know the connection is strength I know a little about computers but not a lot especially with internet connections If you need me to find out any information or post anything else that would help let me know Any help would be greatly appreciated I really need this fixed ASAP so please let me know Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Wifi suddenly stopped working, wont connect wirelessly, but ethernet works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-suddenly-stopped-working-wont-connect-wirelessly-but-ethernet-works.883599/
Relevancy 61.92%

Greetings!

I have an internet connection which is distributed through a wireless router. I use my laptop's (which also has a LAN adapter) WiFi to connect to that router. I have a PC too which only has LAN adapter but not the Wireless adapter.

Unfortunately I cannot wire my place as the router is in my housemate's room. I have network cables though to connect my PC and my laptop. Can I access Internet on my PC using connection between my laptop and PC and my laptop being connected to the Internet via WiFi?

I have DHCP enabled on my WiFi laptop. I am not sure what do I need to do and if I need to give static IP's to all the computers?

Thanks,
AJ
PS - I can access the router settings and I can change those settings unless it hampers my other house-mates to use the Internet.

A:Laptop (wifi Internet w/ethernet facility) connect to PC through CAT5 cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wifi-internet-w-ethernet-facility-connect-to-pc-through-cat5-cable.671427/
Relevancy 58.91%

ASUS Notebook G Vx Series Windows Home Premium -bit Intel R WiFi Link AGN A few days ago my internet suddenly stopped working I plugged in the ethernet cord and everything worked fine Checking the properties in the device manager showed the device was working properly I also tried resetting it to make sure it was working Wifi working fine LAN ASUS on not laptop, enabled but it did not work Upon troubleshooting Wifi not working on ASUS laptop, LAN working fine the quot Windows Network Diagnostic quot said the problems was that the Wireless adapter was not turned on Using the switch Wifi not working on ASUS laptop, LAN working fine on the front of the laptop as well Wifi not working on ASUS laptop, LAN working fine as the function keys does nothing Usually a graphic pops up showing if the WiFi is on or off changinging transparent to show the WiFi is disabled Now when I turn the switch on it always appears transparent effectively going from off to off So I know the computer reads both the function keys and the switch on the front but both methods never actually turns the adapter on I just finished a system restore and nothing has changed Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Wifi not working on ASUS laptop, LAN working fine

Maybe the switch or adapter is defective. Some other ideas ...

Do you have an ASUS utility to also turn the wireless on/off? (I have an HP utility on one of my laptops that will individually control the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth if the physical switch is on.)

In Device Manager right click on the adapter - Properties - Advanced tab. Sometimes there is a Property in there that allows turning the adapter on/off.

If the card is easily accessible through a cover on the laptop's bottom remove and carefully and firmly replace the card several times to fix any potential looseness or corrosion problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-not-working-on-asus-laptop-lan-working-fine.1089705/
Relevancy 58.91%

So about a year my laptop got water on it ... send it to fix last week and it works now !
went to TWC to get a modem And the modem works pecfectly fine on My regualar Computer but no my Laptop
I doesnt even blink when i connect the ethernet cable ?
What can vb ethe problem??

A:Ethernet cable not Working on laptop>?

please do not duplicate posts here

continue on this thread
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1121901-sony-vaio-wont-recognize-cable.html

closing here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-cable-not-working-on-laptop.1121903/
Relevancy 57.62%

When I try and access the internet through any of the main browsers (I.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari) they tell me along the lines of 'unable to access the network' and 'this page can't be displayed' after taking a while attempting to load. I also cannot access it through any of my Windows 8 apps. I know it's not an issue with the home broadband itself and is something to do with my laptop as it is running fine both wirelessly and through using an Ethernet cable on all other devices. I would really appreciate some help with trying to fix this asap as I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and trying most things to resolve it without success, I also need to use the internet for loads of coursework over the summer hols and cannot afford to be taking it to a pricey IT technician. Please helppp

A:My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

Take a look at the file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts​there MUST be at least a line reading 127.0.0.1 LOCALHOST
but the question is there anything other than comments in it?
If so, leave the comments and the localhost line and delete everything else.

If you modify the hosts file, then you also need to

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-wireless-and-ethernet-are-working.195158/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4211 whose on-board Ethernet port was connected to the Netgear wireless router. Yesterday, due to heavy thunderstorms/lightening, my netgear routers power adapter stopped working. Laptop was shutdown and the power was not connected either. Still, the on-board ethernet port disappeared from the device manager and I couldn't get it working at all.
I did a complete reinstall from the cd which came with laptop and no luck either. Wireless works but my wireless router power adapter dead. My internet modem has only ethernet and my laptop ethernet port is dead....
any suggestions?

A:Toshiba Satellite Laptop ethernet port not working...

You will have to buy either a USB Ethernet adapter or a PCMCIA Ethernet adapter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-laptop-ethernet-port-not-working.108073/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Ive just changed my broadband provider from BT to EE and am now having issues connecting the laptop via wifi. I have spoke to EE and they have told me that this will be a system issue on the laptop. Can you hep please Regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/EE-wifi-not-working-on-laptop/td-p/5686547
Relevancy 56.76%

hi im sitting here on the desktop pc which is connected to a aztech dsl605ew modem

the desktop gets the internet fine but the laptop get 'limited or no connectivity' through its wifi
. the signal is full power but i tried repairing conenction options and it says the IP address could not be renewed

from the router setting i even removed the wifi secuiryt password thing and restarted access points

A:laptop wifi not working

The classic reason for this is encryption key mismatch or possibly MAC filtering on the AP the machine is connecting to. Does this laptop connect to other wireless networks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wifi-not-working.715220/
Relevancy 56.76%

yesterday my laptop was working fine and today i tried to go on my laptop and my wifi stopped working. My brothers laptop still works and so does my phone. when i trouble shoot it it says cant communicate with primary dns server. i tried resetting laptop and router and a lot of other methods i found on the internet help please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-not-working-for-my-laptop.1164658/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop . Spilled some liquid and it is not able to connect to internet using Wifi or through ethernet cable.The USB ports also have stopped working so i cannot connect it to a wireless adapter.

Showed this to Geeksquad agent at Bestbuy and he told me that this could be a motherboard problem and nothing much can be done about it.

So basically i have a working laptop that i cannot to internet.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sam

A:Sony Vaio Laptop Wireless and Ethernet Network Connection not working

probably is a mother board
did you dry it out completely

some vaio have a PC expresscard slots - its possible this may work
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExpressCard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-laptop-wireless-and-ethernet-network-connection-not-working.964410/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi After moving to a new home I'm having trouble getting a wired connection working Same modem and router as the previous home same PC Different ISP but both are Shaw cable re-packagers router CISCO Linksys E Factory Reset with latest firmware modem THOMPSON DCM wifi disabled) Wifi Ethernet Works, doesn't (even with motherboard SAPPHIRE Pure Black P Hydra USB adapter USB wifi Dlink DWA- Operating system Windows Ethernet Adapter Marvell Yukon E Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller latest driver version I have only a PC and an android connected occasionally and android tablet as well Wifi Works, Ethernet doesn't (even with wifi disabled) The PC can connect via wifi if ethernet is disabled and then modem router PC restarted but I can't seem to figure out a way to get the ethernet connection to work I've tried DHCP and Static IP configurations and I've tried connecting the ethernet directly to the modem instead of the router but to no avail I believe I've managed at times to access the router from the PC only with static IP but never the internet as well I've tried cat cables as well Here are some pictures with more details of my config I've been banging my head against this for hours can anyone see what I'm missing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399637-wifi-works-ethernet-doesnt-even-wifi-disabled.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 55.9%

I reinstalled Windows 8.1 on my Notebook and when I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 from there, I discovered that my laptop can no longer find my internet. Every other device in the house connects to it just fine. I don't want to buy a new wireless card unless I absolutely have to. Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Laptop-Wireless-WiFi-Not-Working/td-p/5683001
Relevancy 55.9%

I have been using my dell laptop since one year with
Windows 7 installed on it.today suddenly while working
My wifi Internet connection stopped working.I tried to connect
But it didn't and said to trouble shoot .I did it bug still the prob
Is not resolved.it sonetimes connect itself and when I start browsing after s while
It disconnects again.same wifi connection is working perfectly
Fine on my iPhone .can you help me

A:Wifi not working on laptop with windows 7OS

Does an ethernet connection work OK or have the same problem?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-not-working-on-laptop-with-windows-7os.1022607/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have been using wifi on my laptop for 3 years with the same router and all of a sudden today it decided to stop working. Other computers can connect to the D-Link router just fine using wifi.

I tried restarting 3 times and that didn't fix anything. I try to repair the connection and it tells me it failed.

I'm using Windows Vista on the laptop.

Please help.
Thanks.

Relevancy 55.9%

Wifi has completely stopped working. Cannot find any routers. All other devices in the house work fine. Laptop wifi started being intermittent a few weeks back, running diagnostics at the time seemed to fix it. Now completely broken. I have already tried the uninstall driver and reinstall but that hasn't changed anything. Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-Wifi-stopped-working/td-p/5792735
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello All I am working HP wifi Pavilion laptop not dv6 trying to fix my brother-in-law s laptop hp pavilion dv windows -bit He is having problems connecting to HP Pavilion dv6 laptop wifi not working the internet through the laptop wifi It shows all the surrounding routers including his but won t connect either way He has a sprint wifi card that he uses to connect with no problems Now if that is working than what is causing the laptop wifi not to work I even looked on the hp website for any answers and this is what I have read from other people using the same model Having the laptop plugged in the ac for most of the time might cause the motherboard to overheat and cause the wifi to not function My brother-in-laws does kinda have it plugged in most of the time that I have seen Might have to download the new version of the Bios wireless assistant and the wireless drivers off the hp website Install software reboot and just incase re-install the bios and that should fix the problem The motherboard might be the problem might have to fix or buy a new motherboard Heh Ahhhhh I hope not it s not even months old Well if anybody out there have any suggestions as to how this problem can be fixed please feel free to throw them my way

A:HP Pavilion dv6 laptop wifi not working

hi

Step 1:
Control panel>>Network & Sharing Center>>Manage Wireless ....(to left hand side panel)>>remove all wifi credential (Stored WIFI SSID & WIFI Password)
try connecting Wifi again

Step 2:
Control panel>>Network & Sharing Center>>Change adapter settings>>Wireless connection (Right click select properties)>>TCP/IPv4>>Put manual IP Address & Put DNS as below

dns:-- 208.67.222.222
alt: 208.67.220.220

best of Luck

Regards,
harjit

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336849/hp-pavilion-dv6-laptop-wifi-not-working/
Relevancy 55.9%

I recently moved into a student house and we set up broadband with Virgin, we have the quickest package.
However the internet on my laptop cuts out a lot, and is generally slower than everyone else's in the house, regardless of where they are, even if they come into my room.
My laptop copes fine with the internet when Im at home too. So I don't know where to start in finding what the problem is!?

A:Wifi not working on my laptop, but does on others, even when they are in my room.

What operating system are you using?

What you can first try is plugging directly into the router and see if the problem still occurs. If it does, let me know. If it doesn't, try removing the network and then re-adding it.

If that doesn't help, boot into safe mode with networking to see if that problem still occurs:
- Turn on the computer or reboot it
- Continually press the f8 key until the advanced boot dialog appears
- Choose safe mode with networking
- Test the wifi - does the problem still occur?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-not-working-on-my-laptop-but-does-on-others-even-when-they-are-in-my-room.1112122/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Dell laptop Win Home Premium Bit and it seems like it always has difficulty connecting to WiFi routers that are using g I have a Wireless-N card on my laptop and I would think it would be backwards compatible right I m the same person with the same laptop as this post http forums techguy org networking -dns-lookup-failed html and all the symptoms that I was trying to solve in that post are relevant again At the time that post was made I lived in an apartment and the modem router from my cable company was wireless-G and my laptop seemed to experience intermittent DNS working on not Wireless-N 802.11g laptop WiFi problems I could never REALLY use the internet for very long but sometimes some websites would seem to load but usually pictures would have a Wireless-N laptop not working on 802.11g WiFi problem Other times the seemingly DNS issue would not let me load any websites at all While I was on vacation I was able to connect perfectly to different WiFi networks I know for sure that Wireless-N laptop not working on 802.11g WiFi one of them was Wireless-N not sure about the other one Eventually I moved and my new modem router from my new cable company was Wireless-N My computer has connected to that network perfectly for months Now on vacation again I tried to connect to a quot G quot network again and all the old problems came back EXACTLY as they were before Is it possible that my Wireless-N card has that much trouble connecting to Wireless-G networks If so is there any fix I ve attached screenshots One is the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector showing my connection to the quot G quot network the other is a shot of what Chrome looked like when it would not load the webpage nbsp

A:Wireless-N laptop not working on 802.11g WiFi

The signal is too weak for a reliable connection. Try closer to the router.

The variation in the signal strength indicates probable incorrect driver or defective adapter or router (or wireless access point). Try the latest wireless driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site. If that does not work right try the driver directly from Intel's site.

If possible check Xirrus with another computer, or another adapter, to see if the router is having difficulty maintaining a constant signal strength (a variation of one or two dBm is OK).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-n-laptop-not-working-on-802-11g-wifi.1116123/
Relevancy 55.9%

Today, while surfing the web my internet connection on my PC just randomly shuts off. I go check on my laptop and its normal. My WiFi says that I am connected to an Unidentified network with no internet access. So i got frustrated and checked all the forums and nothing seemed to work. So i restored my computer to factory settings and I still got this problem. Does this mean my Wifi Card is bad? Is it a virus? as you can tell i'm not too computer savvy. I can see other networks fine but i just cant connect to mine! If anyone knows any solutions please help

Relevancy 55.47%
A:my hp 15d002tx laptop wifi and bluetooth is not working

Hi, Please try: 1. WiFi:     http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64501-65000/sp64676.exe 2. BT:     http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65001-65500/sp65049.exe Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-hp-15d002tx-laptop-wifi-and-bluetooth-is-not-working/td-p/5847721
Relevancy 55.47%

I have read that people have lost WIFI on laptop after their computer did update on Windows 10. How can this be fixed? My cell and smart tv are fine so I know WIFI works.

A:Wifi stopped working after update on laptop

Rolling back to the previous build fixed it for me.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439594-wifi-stopped-working-after-update-laptop.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello, i have a Dell precision m90 laptop and the wifi stops working periodically (maybe once every 24 hrs or so). I must then go to the control panel and disable then re-enable the wifi for it to work again. I have tried installing a newer driver but that did not solve the problem.I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

A:Dell laptop WiFi stops working every so often

It "may" be a power saving function? Seem to recall a similar post recently - same symptoms/problem and it was in power save settings.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/dell-laptop-wifi-stops-working-every-so-often/203078.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys.
I opened up my laptop casing today in order to reconnect the cd drive. When I booted back up, my wifi icon didn't show up. I went to the intel program that manages it, and it says no device was found. I know I unplugged some things when I had the casing open, but I'm not sure now. What do you guys reccomend? Would the radio be easy to see inside?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/working-on-laptop-disconnected-wifi-radio.593054/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, I have a new Acer Laptop at most it has 5 months old. One day I was about to fall off and I kind of grabbed myself from the table, but in doing that I slamed my laptop with my palm near the touchpad. Now sometomes when I'm using it, it starts making strange noises, and when the noise starts my internet doesnt work "even if its connected", I can type in google but it doesnt do the search, like if it freezes, I can type in word sometomes not, until it stops the noise then what I typed into google continues and everything is fine. When Im using netflix sometimes it even stops the streaming until the noise ends.  What can I do?

A:Noise in my laptop wifi stops working and I can't ...

What is the model number?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Noise-in-my-laptop-wifi-stops-working-and-I-can-t-tpe/td-p/463035
Relevancy 55.47%

When I continuously use my laptop for 50-60 mins then my wifi network starts showing limited connection and I have to re-start it to get it fixed. I don't understand if problem is with wifi (hardware) or software issues.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-stops-working-and-has-to-reboot-the-laptop-again/td-p/5613096
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey so at my apartment complex all I have is wifi available, there seems to be a ethernet port on the wall downstairs but I dont think it works. I was thinking of getting a Wifi to Ethernet adapter but I do not know if that actually will make it so my connection is stable and doesnt get affected by people streaming etc. I notice that it says it would pick up wifi and then I could use my ethernet to connect it to my computer. I don't really understand how all this works. I would like some help figuring out what to do. I can always try that port. or is there something I can plug into that port that would give me a stable connection? I'm running out of ideas. Anything helps. Thanks!

A:I only have wifi available at my apartment. will using a wifi to ethernet adaptor help?

you can do that with some devices
BUT I do not think it will make any difference to your issues , as its still using the wireless signal

it will get affected by people streaming

in the LAN connection , have you tried plugging a cable into a laptop ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-only-have-wifi-available-at-my-apartment-will-using-a-wifi-to-ethernet-adaptor-help.1154064/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have Gateway Laptop Model W for years then today my wifi does not recognize any network System tray network icon has a quot X stopped networking Laptop working and Gateway wifi - quot red mark I checked the device manager and the network adapter is working properly I even tried uninstalling and reinstall the adapter and still doesn t work The Fn F is not doing anything as well I ran Gateway Laptop - wifi and networking stopped working cmd ipconfig all and here s the text The physical switch on the side of the Gateway Laptop - wifi and networking stopped working laptop appears to not working as it doesn t make a sound when I tried to slide it Any other function keys that I can use to enable the wireless or network connection Please advise thanks Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users xxxxxxx gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Physical Address - F- C- E-D - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd wa comcast net Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - - - - A-E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd wa comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AE A A- FD - ECB- F - CB F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users xxxxxx gt ipconfig all nbsp

A:Gateway Laptop - wifi and networking stopped working

If you can easily access the wireless adapter through a cover on the bottom remove and carefully and firmly replace it several times to cure any possible looseness or corrosion problems. Make sure the antenna leads are secure.

If it still fails to turn on or detect any networks then probably the card or the switch has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-wifi-and-networking-stopped-working.1109880/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey guys I've been having a problem for a few days and have laptop) Wifi suddenly (through working Hosted not Network been looking everywhere for a solution with no luck thus far I recently moved in with my girlfriend and Hosted Wifi Network (through laptop) suddenly not working my internet plan didn't include a router Since she's not going to stay here for long just til the end of the year I've been routing the net from the cable modem through my laptop so all of our devices can be connected Problem started happening when she had to plug the cable on her laptop one day as I was away for uni and we simply cannot take Hosted Wifi Network (through laptop) suddenly not working the damn cable out of it I'm working on getting a replacement one before I can try bruteforcing it but I'm also worried that it might break the port In any case we've been using her laptop as the router for the last few weeks but somehow Virtual Router Manager doesn't work here it fails to recognize the virtual mini port so I'm manually routing it using the netsh wlan script The problem is that it simply stopped working last week and I have no idea why The network is still being set succesfully and all devices can connect to it but they can't connect to the internet Doing a adapter troubleshooting windows says it's because it doesn't have a valid IP connection I've since looked for solutions for this online but none of them fit my problem I've tried the netsh reset log commands with to no avail The computer connected to the wired modem has perfect connection I'm currently writing from it it's just the hosted wifi that doesn't work Thoughts Thank you so much in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/119a6269-0887-49c5-b884-1c532fbc31db/hosted-wifi-network-through-laptop-suddenly-not-working?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have buy my new laptop HP 15-ac 122tu now i have installed linux mint on my system. But I am facing WIFI issue it's not working on my system. Please tell what i should do. Does it need driver or extra.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/15-AC-122tu-laptop-WIFI-not-working-on-OS-linux-mint/td-p/5724152
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello So the other day my laptop's wireless internet connection stopped working Other devices in barely laptop Losing on Packets - Wifi Too Many working my household are unaffected including a desktop with a wireless connection my phone and a Playstation It tells me my internet Losing Too Many Packets - Wifi barely working on laptop is connected but it's incredibly slow and gives me DNS errors or time out errors although sometimes I can connect to google but just barely I tried to use a USB Wireless Connection over the wireless adapter with no success I have ensured my wireless network drivers are up to date An ethernet cable works and I can connect when hardwired I have tried ipconfig release renew and dnsflush dnsregister My IPV and IPV are set to automatically connect I have reinstalled driver software for my wireless adapter Every time I ping my router I get between - packet loss and consistently get packet loss when pinging google and the like I thought it was a hardware issue until I used the Wireless USB device and it had no better effect At this point I suspect it's a firewall issue I've run a scan with malwarebytes and Kaspersky but neither turned up anything at all not to rule out that it might be a virus or malware but just to indicate I've thought of that too I run a Windows Intel i If I need to include any other specs please let me know Attached is a tracert I ran on yahoo https i gyazo com fdee e a b ee ef png

A:Losing Too Many Packets - Wifi barely working on laptop

Have you disabled Kaspersky and/or firewall temporarily to see if it makes a difference? A restore point before this started?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70663-losing-too-many-packets-wifi-barely-working-laptop.html
Relevancy 54.61%

left my computer home with cousin came back with the wifi saying disabled while its connected to my router internet is not working details on just more thread stop Laptop Wifi in working IMG IMG Heres more information Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Janica gt ipconfig aa Error unrecognized or incomplete command line USAGE ipconfig allcompartments all renew adapter release adapter renew adapter release adapter flushdns displaydns registerdns showclassid adapter setclassid adapter classid showclassid adapter setclassid adapter classid where Wifi on Laptop just stop working more details in thread adapter Connection name wildcard characters and allowed see examples Options Display this help message all Display full configuration information release Release the IPv address for the specified adapter release Release the IPv address for the specified adapter renew Renew the IPv address for the specified adapter renew Renew the IPv address for the specified adapter flushdns Purges the DNS Resolver cache registerdns Refreshes all DHCP leases and re-registers DNS names displaydns Display the contents of the DNS Resolver Cache showclassid Displays all the Wifi on Laptop just stop working more details in thread dhcp class Wifi on Laptop just stop working more details in thread IDs allowed for adapter setclassid Modifies the dhcp class id showclassid Displays all the IPv DHCP class IDs allowed for adapter setclassid Modifies the IPv DHCP class id The default is to display only the IP address subnet mask and default gateway for each adapter bound to TCP IP For Release and Renew if no adapter name is specified then the IP address leases for all adapters bound to TCP IP will be released or renewed For Setclassid and Setclassid if no ClassId is specified then the ClassId is removed Examples gt ipconfig Show information gt ipconfig all Show detailed information gt ipconfig renew renew all adapters gt ipconfig renew EL renew any connection that has its name starting with EL gt ipconfig release Con release all matching connections eg quot Local Area Connection quot or quot Local Area Connection quot gt ipconfig allcompartments Show information about all compartments gt ipconfig allcompartments all Show detailed information about all compartments C Users Janica gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Janica-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -E -B - A-BB- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c dc b a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday September PM Lease Expires Monday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - C- - - -F -B -F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C - A - FF -A - CC CEA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c e f f fefb Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe c e f f fefb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface A CF E - D D- BD- D -D E B B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Janica gt

A:Wifi on Laptop just stop working more details in thread

swicth on the button on the laptop that says "WLAN"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253179-wifi-laptop-just-stop-working-more-details-thread.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I just re-installed the OS (Windows 7 64bit) on my Folio 9470m.  The WiFi is so sluggish, it is un-usable.  When I run a speedtest.net with a wired connection, I get 25mbps.  When I run the test with WiFi, it starts out at 25mbps, but drops quickly until the test times out before it gets to 100%. -The wireless device is Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235.  The driver version is 15.17.0.1.-I had just obtained the laptop and didn't use it much before I re-installed the OS.  I believe the WiFi was fine before I re-installed the OS, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm hoping that this is something simple that I can fix.  Any ideas? Thanks,Mark

A:Laptop WiFi extremly slow and stops working

Drivers are about the only issue that can be fixed without replacing the card. Here is the driver download page: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5271102&swItemId=ob_146625_1&swEnvOid=406... Note the instruction to remove prior drivers first. I would uninstall the wireless from device manager, use advasnced uninstall and remove the existing driver from the system and then reload the driver. Download the new driver and keep track of it as you uninstall since obviously once you uninstall you will not have wireless to download the driver with. If this does not work we need to think about replacement of the card. Have you otherwise installed the chipset and other drivers? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-WiFi-extremly-slow-and-stops-working/td-p/5827476
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi
ASUS laptop use to show up connected to home wifi when ever turned on has stopped working in the last three days.
In the last three days and continuing.. if I want the WiFi connection on this laptop, I had to turn off my home router[WiFi] and then turn on. This will get my laptop on my home WiFi .
I have got all the latest updates for Win 7 on this laptop.
I tried to sign out of the WiFi and signed back but not resolved my issue with the connection.
Once get connected by turning off & on at the wall of my router, it works perfectly.

Can anybody advice me to resolve this problem.
Regards

A:Asus laptop requires turning off & on the router to get Wifi working?

Quote: Originally Posted by cabbage

Hi
ASUS laptop use to show up connected to home wifi when ever turned on has stopped working in the last three days.
In the last three days and continuing.. if I want the WiFi connection on this laptop, I had to turn off my home router[WiFi] and then turn on. This will get my laptop on my home WiFi .
I have got all the latest updates for Win 7 on this laptop.
I tried to sign out of the WiFi and signed back but not resolved my issue with the connection.
Once get connected by turning off & on at the wall of my router, it works perfectly.

Can anybody advice me to resolve this problem.
Regards

Sounds like you need a driver update for your Wifi Adapter i would go to the ASUS site and check if they have any updates for your particular machine

If that doesn't fix the issue you might need to do a system restore to where it was working also check if the protocol has been changed from Wifi to fixed connection

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/323461-asus-laptop-requires-turning-off-router-get-wifi-working.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there I recently had to replace my laptop due to some accidental and have now been given a Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook It s the second one I ve had as the first gave up the ghost My problem is that I have an existing Wifi network with a wireless desktop PC network new working issue on Renewing address and WiFI exisiting for IP laptop a wireless work laptop and a Linksys Wireless Ethernet bridge for my PS used to use it with the work laptop My ADSL router is a Linksys All works fine for the other PCs but my new laptop just won t connect to Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network the internet The error message saying cannot renew IP address I had the same problem with the first replacement Lifebook I Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network think I solved it by updating the Firmware on the router There haven t been any new firmware updates and this is the same model as the previous laptop Using WEP encryption rather than WPA as can t seem to get the right firmware for the bridge I m now stuck Can anyone help Cheers nbsp

A:Renewing IP address issue for new laptop on exisiting and working WiFI network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/renewing-ip-address-issue-for-new-laptop-on-exisiting-and-working-wifi-network.677966/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a kindle Fire HD 7" I want to know if I can hook it up to the internet through my laptop. I am abroad, wifi is hard to find and the kindle has a free texting app that's awesome. I only have ethernet in my dorm, no wifi. Can I make this work somehow?

Thanks!

A:Kindle fire HD 7" Ethernet capable though Laptop/USB or ethernet cord?

Get a wireless router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kindle-fire-hd-7-ethernet-capable-though-laptop-usb-or-ethernet-cord.1090563/
Relevancy 50.74%

My school allows youtube, but recently, I can't play videos on the service. My classmates are fine, but my laptop (windows 10) won't play. Why? And how do I fix it?
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 13 7000 i7

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434363-why-my-youtube-not-working-one-wifi-but-working-my-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi FASTER Bridge ethernet-->wifi using vs - MUCH Wifi with Bridge router there If you've a spare Wifi vs ethernet-->wifi Bridge using router - MUCH FASTER with Bridge old router which you can set up as a wifi bridge and connect a bit of LAN cable from Laptop into the Bridge router you'll generally get FAR better performance from even a cheap router Logic behind this is that most Wifi adapters are half duplex whereas a router is full duplex and throughput will be significantly better Another advantage is that you can still use GHZ band even if your PC or whatever only can handle GHZ wifi If your router doesn't have bridging facilities you can often do it by a firmware upgrade --for most routers try this www dd-wrt com Unleash Your Router Note --this is the Bridging router --not your main one that you use to connect to your ISP with --don't want to cause people to have inoperable boxes I've found using a Router as a bridge far better than having to have loads of LAN cable all round the house --and also antennae in wifi routers are hugely better than most built in Wifi cards so you can in a lot of cases avoid extra slowdown caused by wifi extenders In my quot man shed quot -- a good metres from the main house - could just about get Mib s on a very poor GHZ wifi signal from the wifi card Laptop now acceptable - still with GHZ wifi but using quot Bridged quot method with an old EDIMAX wifi port router Around Mib s still a lot slower by about X - I'm getting nearly Gb s download in main house on GHZ wifi --ISL has excellent Internet than in the main house but perfectly OK for streaming Football etc when friends are around and we're all drinking Beer etc -- no complaints from quot the Other quot about noise cheers of quot Goooooal quot clearing up etc etc Good even for a SLOW Ping -- remember I'm over metres away from my House and on GHZ Wifi -- GHZ not receivable at that distance added -- even if your PC laptop doesn't have a LAN connector it's still worthwhile doing this with a USB-- gt Lan adapter -- even a USB -- gt LAN works really well -- USB speed will easily handle Mib s and adapter can cost as little as EUR - those cheap Chinese unbranded ones work fine too I've had simultaneous connections through that Bridge router this way -- guys had laptops with no LAN cards - they used the adapters --all very happy USB quot -- gt LAN adapter-- gt Lan cable-- gt Port on Bridge router Cheers jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67451-wifi-vs-ethernet-wifi-bridge-using-router-much-faster-bridge.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I installed WiFi some time ago but the Win PC downstairs did not have WiFi capabilities I bought an adapter and it worked fine for a short time so I bought and installed another adapter The other night it failed again so I dragged out my Ethernet cable and hooked it up to the PC I contacted Linksys and went to Office Depot to make sure that I plugged the other end into either the router or the modem The original modem and router are connected to my Win desktop which does not have WiFi either My Netbook and laptop still have WiFi as does my phone But I can NOT get Internet on the PC downstairs with the Ethernet cable I took the second adapter out before attaching the Ethernet cable I'm not smart enough to change anything Ethernet vs WiFi on my Ethernet vs WiFi ISP settings for that has to be done Does anyone have a simple suggestion Or having any ideas why this is an issue Should have been a simple connect I would think Before installing WiFi all Ethernet vs WiFi of my computers used an Ethernet cable so why not now

A:Ethernet vs WiFi

Try resetting your Router .. If that does not help read the Link below ...

How to fix an internet connection

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/349015-ethernet-vs-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i have a question that i have been looking for weeks now,

i have a laptop running xp ue v6 sp2 edition and have ethernet port and wifi port

both work

but on certain places i can have ethernet pluged in plus i have another wifi network that i can also connect

so when i go to cmd i check ipconfig and it shows two diferent ip addreses for the two connected networks

my question is, how can i control that, i mean

if conection 1 is 300 k
and connection 2 is 300k

how can i make it so that windows will use both at the same time so that i have on direct or indirect downloads 600k ?, is that possible?

please do help me, i have no idea whatelse todo ...

regards from south america

att

Ivan C. alarcon

A:How To ethernet plus Wifi help!!

I personally belive (I could be wrong) you can not do that with windows itself. However, I think it is possible thru specail software. John and other guys can give you a better answere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-ethernet-plus-wifi-help.570438/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi! Sorry I'm not much of a techie person. I'm having a problem here with the internet. My laptop connects to the WIFI properly but when the PC gets connected, with the ethernet cable, to the internet the wifi connection becomes bad but the signal strength shown is just as strong. thanks! using a windows 7 os btw.

A:WiFi and ethernet

Use only one or the other, but not both concurrently.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-and-ethernet.202781/
Relevancy 49.88%

HI all we had a storm come buy last night so I loged all computers off about 20 min later the power whent out and came back on after some time the problem i am haveing is I can not connect wired in PC's but the laptops well connect wifi but they are slow , and all so my iphone and my SGS4 well not conect wifi
I have reset the 2wire modem from u verse (at&t) do yall think it killed my modem? all lights are on as they sould be , and att tech have no clue whats up.

A:Ethernet wifi

Unplug the modem for 5 minutes, then plug it in. Let us know what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301324-ethernet-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a trubleshoot from a few month... I cannot turn my laptop as a Hotspot.. Any kind of softwares are not working....  please Help me for this problem...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Ethernet-Wifi/td-p/5789960
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Wifi channel on my pc, and also on my router.
I have a network printer attached to the router.
Currently my pc is connected to router through ethernet wired connection.

When I need to access the PC from a laptop by Wifi, is it best to use the PC WiFi, or the router Wifi connection, and how do I stop the PC connecting to the router by Wifi if that is enabled on both devices? I presume the ethernet connection is faster, and certainly more reliable.

A:Ethernet and WiFi

Your laptop should connect to the router, the laptop won't even see the desktop's wifi to connect to unless you have configured it to be a hotspot (leave the PC's wifi disabled). Provided both the PC and the laptop are running Win 7 or later OS, you should be able to create a Homegroup so that you can share files between the 2 computers.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/61167-ethernet-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi In the HVAC industry In a new location we have set up our usual network system interconecting a number of microprocessors with a main controller The main controller is connected to the computer via an ethernet port it can be assigned a different IP address from the default We need to access the computer from the web and so currently we have a wifi connection via a USB and ethernet wifi port DHCP enabled The computer is running Windows It works untill there is a power failure or the computer is shut down it is normally left on When the computer restarts after a power outage the wifi connection is good at least sometimes if not all but we loose our communication with the HVAC controller If we shut down the computer unplug the USB wifi restart the computer restart our ethernet and wifi program ethernet and wifi Continuum and thereby establish communication with the controller we can then plug the wifi back in and both continue operational We can access the internet we can be accessed from the internet and we can communicate with the HVAC controller Is there a way to set these two ports up such that when the computer restarts it is set up to restart after a power failure we have communication with both systems If not is there a way to automate this procedure so that it does so on its own ie upon start up the wifi port remains dissabled for some period of time while the computer and windows restarts restart the Continuum program and then re-establish the wifi I thank you very much in advance for any help and or insight you can give me JPSTECH nbsp

A:ethernet and wifi

Try scheduling the tasks so that they are dependant on events like resources becoming available.

(I would have to look it up and work through it as well )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-and-wifi.1135055/
Relevancy 49.88%

I was wondering if it's possible to utilize both WiFi and ethernet in tandem. I'm pretty sure some of you are going to tell me that I can only access the internet through one of these, up to my bandwidth limit, but that's not what I mean.

I'd like to access the internet through my WiFi connection, yet have a wired connection through my router to access the files on the other computers in my house. Is this even possible?

A:WiFi and ethernet together

Originally Posted by SteveS801

I was wondering if it's possible to utilize both WiFi and ethernet in tandem. I'm pretty sure some of you are going to tell me that I can only access the internet through one of these, up to my bandwidth limit, but that's not what I mean.

I'd like to access the internet through my WiFi connection, yet have a wired connection through my router to access the files on the other computers in my house. Is this even possible?

"...Theoretical speed versus actual speed

... Wi-Fi is very convenient, but it does not match the speed and reliability of wired Ethernet.

...though 802.11n can theoretically reach 300 Mb/s, a 100 Mb/s wired Ethernet connection will often outperform it in real-world usage, because wired Ethernet networks perform more closely to their theoretical limits and are less susceptible to outside influences..."​Transporter: Wi-Fi versus Ethernet performance

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/18624-wifi-ethernet-together.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hola! I got a HP dv6000 and I am having a problemo! Its a newish computer. I bought it nearly new off ebay, and I put vista on it. Vista works and all but it only recognizes the dial up port. The computer has wifi and an ethernet port but it will not detect any network. Does any one know how to work this bad boy?

A:Cannot recognize ethernet or wifi.

HP Pavilion Notebook PCs*

its one of those

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/193827-cannot-recognize-ethernet-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Does Ethernet mean a cable is needed?

Does WiFi mean no cable is needed?

A:WiFi and Ethernet differences

Ethernet - cable

WiFi - radio signal, no wires.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-and-ethernet-differences.1069928/
Relevancy 49.45%

A nbsp W Lenovo Thinkpad Windows -bit It has been working until yesterday the first day at southern California - Cox provided a NETGEAR modem router has dual band for WIFI say Band and Band - Tried both bands are Windows are unable to connecto xxx or show as Connected in WIFI list but saied no internet access and a nbsp not Both and Ethernet Wifi connected yellow star on Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected top of WIFI bar in lower right corner - Tried all four combination of WPA -Personal WPA-Personal AES and TKIP - Plugged in wire directly from router while had WIFI turned OFF got currently connect to xxx no internet access Same thing while WIFI is ON nbsp Is the modem router working nbsp Yes all other laptops and wireless devices using the same router modem connected no problem wired or wireless nbsp Brought the laptop to a COX center staffs there are very helpful connected to a diff router repeated the same steps still the same result Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected nbsp We also checked nbsp Device Manager at Control Panel Networking showing everything working properly Even tried disable then enable the corresponding NIC warm-boot cold-boot same nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Legacy-Laptops-A-I-V/Both-Ethernet-and-Wifi-not-connected/td-p/3421751
Relevancy 49.45%

I want to extend my Wi-Fi using a Ethernet cable. Most extenders seem to provide a Ethernet Socket rather than use one to extend the Wi-Fi signal. I don't need anything fancy. Can anyone recommend anything suitable.

A:WIFI Ethernet Extender

Look at Newegg for extenders wifi extender - Newegg.com
What type of Wi-Fi device do you have now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374361-wifi-ethernet-extender.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am a robot programmer and frequently have a robot connected wifi simultaneously ethernet and Use to the Ethernet port However these robots are no wifi antennas and thus I would like to use wifi at the same time for the internet connection To consult the internet check my mail play music etc I have to detach the ethernet cable and wait for wifi to work before I have to plug it in again to write code for the robot This is very annoying as you can imagine nbsp So Use ethernet and wifi simultaneously far I have tried many options none resulting in a solution that worked nbsp So in detail nbsp ProblemWifi disconnects when I connect to a robot controller via ethernet cable nbsp nbsp Tried solutionsSwitch on the wifi adapter while an ethernet cable is attached but it switches off again automatically Rearranged the network adapters network adapters gt advanced settings to let wifi have a higher priority Still switches off wifi though Tried changing the advanced settings of the wifi network adapters gt RMB on wifi gt Properties gt Advanced see if there was an option to stop it from switching off when ethernet is attached There was no option like that Accessed the BIOS settings to see if there was a possibility to stop the system from shutting down wifi when a cable is attached Bought a USB to Ethernet adapter but this resulted in wifi switching off as well Tried to install Lenovo Access Connections but it is not available anymore for Windows systems Tried Intel Wireless PROSet but this gave some weird errors while installing it Although it says it finished the install successfully there was no Intell Wireless PROSet installed nbsp anywhere on the laptop nbsp System settingsSystem ThinkPad W with two adjustmentsHard drive bay with SSD instead of CD-bay which has some flaws as well but that's for another topic Physical memory upgraded from nbsp GB to GBOS Microsoft Windows Home

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Use-ethernet-and-wifi-simultaneously/td-p/3460129
Relevancy 49.45%

A nbsp W Lenovo Thinkpad Windows -bit It has been working until yesterday the first day at southern California - Cox provided a NETGEAR modem router has dual band for WIFI say Band and Band - Tried both bands are Windows are unable to connecto xxx or show as Connected in WIFI list but saied no internet access and a nbsp yellow star on top of WIFI bar in lower right corner - Tried all four combination of WPA -Personal WPA-Personal AES and TKIP - Plugged in wire directly from router while had WIFI turned OFF got currently connect to xxx no internet access Same thing while WIFI is ON nbsp Is the modem router working nbsp Yes all other laptops and wireless devices using the same router modem connected no problem wired or wireless nbsp Brought the laptop to not Ethernet Wifi connected Both and a COX center staffs there are very helpful connected to a diff router repeated the same steps still the same result nbsp We also checked nbsp Device Manager at Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected Control Panel Networking showing everything working Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected properly Even tried disable then enable the corresponding NIC warm-boot cold-boot same nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Both-Ethernet-and-Wifi-not-connected/td-p/3421751