Windows Support Forum

NICs not working Windows 7 Error 31, this one is weird

Q: NICs not working Windows 7 Error 31, this one is weird

Hello I got a weird one for you guys and I literally have tried everything can think of so I am hoping someone has some new fresh ideas I have a Dell Latitude E that can no longer connect via wired or wireless connections Both adapters display yellow exclamation marks next to them and in the properties of both adapters says Windows cannot install because the drivers are not recognized Error Both adapters are also missing from the adapter page in network settings I have download the most recent versions of the driver and installed no luck I have downloaded previous version of the driver from dell and installed no luck I download the driver directly from Intel and installed no luck Tried a BIOS update nothing Tried to reset to defaults nothing So I decided I would rebuild the is one Windows 31, not NICs weird Error this working 7 machine and SURPRISE that worked for a week and then the problem started again So my first thought is well maybe its a bad motherboard so I swapped the HDD with another Dell E boot it up and NICs not working Windows 7 Error 31, this one is weird both connections are working In the laptop with the drive from the bad laptop it can no longer connect now so the problem is related to windows and follows the drive Does anybody have any idea whats happening hear I am all tapped out of ideas Thanks let me know if you need any additional info Dell E Windows Enterprise auretsky vailresorts com nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: NICs not working Windows 7 Error 31, this one is weird

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: NICs not working Windows 7 Error 31, this one is weird

"so the problem is related to windows and follows the drive"... Re-install Windows on this drive. Error 31 relates to a bad driver that may be reflected in the device manager

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nics-not-working-windows-7-error-31-this-one-is-weird.200795/
Relevancy 58.91%

I am troubleshooting an intermittent issue with a computer that has three Ethernet adapters that aren t working properly I am out of ideas so here I am One Computer, 1 Not 3 In NICs Working The issue 3 NICs In One Computer, 1 Not Working began last week with NIC showing disabled in Network Connections and I could not enable it I tried to repair the connection and received an error that it could not be repaired because TCP is not enabled for the connection Next I reset the TCP stack and Winsock and rebooted the computer After restoring my static IP address settings NIC worked for a while but then quits working upon the next reboot I have tried removing and reinstalling all three adapters installing the latest Intel drivers and installing the original drivers Device Manager shows all three are working and the Intel Diagnostic utility shows they are all good except NIC fails the loopback test Also tried another cable and switch When I ping -t X another device connected to the switch I see no activity LED so it looks like nothing going out on the wire I also noticed yesterday when NIC is enabled but not working NIC and NIC quit working and when NIC decides to work all three work I have two other identical computers that work and this one did too until this week Swapping hardware isn t an option yet as the other two computers are at another location Hardware details NIC amp NIC are on-board Intel Pro dual port adapter EB chip NIC is Intel Pro MT PCI-X server adapter chip ----------------- NIC - IP subnet gateway NIC - IP subnet gateway None NIC - DHCP ----------------- NIC amp NIC are connected to a Netgear GSM managed switch I have also tried another switch The computer is a server with dual socket- Xeon CPUs running Windows XP Pro w SP -bit nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I get this error message when I start up my
computer.

It's a Gateway Laptop model NE56R34u and it originally came with Windows 8 but I had a friend wipe that and install Windows 7. I did this because its for my mom and I thought 8 was going to be a little tough for her. So now it has Windows 7 on it.

Any idea what this could be? Also for some reason the trackpad won't work correctly (the scroll part on the right doesn't work) and I'm wondering if these are related.

A:Weird error message and trackpad scroll not working

Looks like a remnant registry key from Conduit Search malware, perhaps left behind after a malware scan.
conduit malware - Microsoft Community

adwcleaner would probably clean this up, along with any other debris, and does a pretty fast scan.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Not sure about the touchpad problem, but it doesn't seem likely they're related.
I'd check the mouse settings in the control panel and update the driver from Gateway.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329651-weird-error-message-trackpad-scroll-not-working.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys,

Hopefully I'm in the correct section, I have two different ISPs, one PC and two NICs. Ideally what I would like to do is install the two NICs in the PC, connect two cables to the NICs and have 90% up time, eg: if one ISP goes down, it will still be online due to the other NIC installed connected to the other ISP.

Is this possible and do I have to do anything special to get this working?

Thank you

A:Windows 7 with 2 NICs

If you don't have 90% up time with one ISP there are serious issues with that service.

Is this possible and do I have to do anything special to get this working?Click to expand...

I'm pretty sure the answers to those two questions are yes and no, respectively. Unless, of course, you are using a router with each service; that would require you to make sure the routers are using different LAN IP subnets.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-with-2-nics.1121840/
Relevancy 51.6%

So as I am working in Windows within Outlook checking email I get this message titled "Interactive Services Protection" I am going to upload the screen shot cause in all of my years in IT I've never seen this before:

Any help is appreciated.

A:Weird Pop-Up While Working Within Windows

Which version of Outlook is it?

Did this come up as soon as you tried to check for new e-mails?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/277521-weird-pop-up-while-working-within-windows.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there After a hard drive failure had to reinstall windows server Pre failure the set 2 2000 server Windows NICs help - up was like this and worked without a problem Windows 2000 server help - 2 NICs server - win k - dhcp pcs - all dhcp enabled to obtain from win k server Call them A B C and D of those pcs had nics installed which are for internet connection of those A obtains its ip from an adsl router that has dhcp The other two B and C are assigned fixed ips as given by the isp Now the set up is exactly the same but when the NIC that is on the LAN network is enabled the there is no internet access Once it is disabled internet access is restored Is this a DNS issue DNS and DHCP are enabled on the server The NIC on the server is assigned a static ip with the same ip given as the dns and the gateway Any help will be extremely GRATEFULLY received as this whole episode rebuilding Windows 2000 server help - 2 NICs the server has been driving me insane nbsp

A:Windows 2000 server help - 2 NICs

You have multiple default gateways defined. Remove one of them, or replace it with a default gateway that has a higher weight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-help-2-nics.566988/
Relevancy 50.31%

I hope this is the correct forum as it is Regarding Windows8 Administration

I have two NICs, 192.168.56.0/24 and my wifi NIC 192.168.1.0/24. Can I route between these two NICs to be able to ping from my Physical HOST to any host on 192.168.56.0/24 while using VMs?

I know there are many other ways but I need that way because I run IOU integrate it with GNS3-Remote server and I want to capture traffic and send it to my Desktop. Also, I know I can use UNL but for now I need to have a route between these two NICs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routing-between-nics-moved-from-windows-8-forum.1163506/
Relevancy 50.31%

how can i configure my 2 NIC THAT ARE on 1 server Running 2003 windows server?

i want 1 NIC CONNECTED TO THE ROUTER/MODEM AND 1 CONNECTED TO THE NETWORK SWITCH?

PLEASE HELP

Relevancy 48.16%

I recently had to reinstall Windows 8.1 because of a boot issue, but now the way the PC boots has changed.
Here's the boot issue before I reinstalled:

It takes longer, and this time I see flashing white lines before Windows 8.1 boots.
In particular, MSI Fast boot no longer works, including the Windows 8/8.1 fast boot configuration. I can use Windows 8.1 if I turn those options off in the BIOS screen.
When I try to use MSI fast boot (and/or the Windows 8 configuration), I get this screen:

I have to hard reset to get past the screen, because I don't know hot to turn off safely from there. I can still type into it though.

Also, MSI's program for Windows, 'Fast Boot', does not open either.

What can I try?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/45847-weird-msi-windows-8-1-error.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey all everytime i restart my computer or shutdown then power up if i check the event viewer i keep getting this error - The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load ofvpmj I've searched about it and i can't find anything if anyone can help that would be most appreciated here is the XML Details from event viewer - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot d -a d - - e e- d f quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Weird error 7 windows Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt David-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt ofvpmj lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Weird windows 7 error

It will be one of the 3rd party Startups listed in msconfig>Startup or >Services (after Hiding all MS Services).

You can google each to study them, turn them off one at a time to discover which it is, or you can just go ahead and disable all of them except your AV, any sync, gadgets/stickies you use. Win7 doesn't need anything in the list starting up and most are freeloaders or spying on you anyway.

Besides establishing a Clean Boot there are other Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 here to check over your system thoroughly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284432-weird-windows-7-error.html
Relevancy 48.16%

this is error i get randomly on my computer even if its on idle with three options ok copy text and submit report clickin on submit report says fail and ok doesnt do anything just reopens the error box again S any help is appreciated the only thing that worries me is thats not even my cpu im running intel pentium d dual core not a error Windows Weird xp pentium OS Windows XP Professional SP CPU GenuineIntel Intel Pentium MMX MHz Application data VmVyc lvbjogV xGQlhVSlFWRlphUkU RFJrTlZKQ xTT lRN ZpQXN BQWRWUHlFOEl QnpaSHQrZHpNa lqc tJelpGY SOWVHcC SemM Uj NKNGIzRkRNUT DQpJbWFnZUJhc U IDA NEEwMDAwDQpFaXA IEU N jAwMDUNCkVheDogMA Weird Windows xp error KRWN OiBFMzE QTRDDQpFZHg IDANCkVieDog MA KRXNpOiBFMzE OTk DQpFZGk IEUyRDAwMDANCkVicDogNjdGRTY Qw KRXNwOiA Weird Windows xp error N ZFNTIwDQpFcnJvckNvZGU IA KMCwwLDg LDVELE ZDLDY LEJBLENFLDk LDUsQzMsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwL DAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCww LDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLi uDQpDb RlID gWzIwNF NCi gMA KLSAyMDQNCi gMjI DQotIDANCi gW NCj gRTpcUHJvZ JhbSBGaW xlc xHb nbGVcR vZ xlIERlc t b AgU VhcmNoXEdvb dsZURlc t b BDcmF bC leGUNCg KR vZ xlDQpHb nbGUgRGVza RvcA K NS wLjYxMS xNTU MA KR vZ xlIERlc t b ANCkNvcHlyaWdodCA oYykgMjAwMy yMDA IEdvb dsZS gQWxsIFJpZ h cyBSZXNlcnZlZC NCjUuMC MTEuMTU OTANCkdvb dsZSBEZXNrdG wDQoNCj gRTpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxudGRsbC kbGwNCj gRTpcV lORE XU xz eXN ZW zMlxrZXJuZWwzMi kbGwNCj gRTpcUHJvZ JhbSBGaWxlc x Hb nbGVcR vZ xlIERlc t b AgU VhcmNoXEdvb dsZURlc t b BBUEkyLmRsbA KDQpHb nbGUNCkdvb dsZSBEZXNrdG wDQo LjAuN jExLjE NTkwDQpHb nbGUgRGVza RvcA KQ weXJpZ h IChjKSAy MDAzLTIwMDYgR vZ xlLiBBbGwgUmlnaHRzIFJlc VydmVkLg KNS wLjYxMS xNTU MA KR vZ xlIERlc t b ANCg KPiBFOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXEFEVkFQSTMyLmRsbA KPiBFOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXFJQQ JUNC kbGwNCj gRTpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxX SU JTkVULmRsbA KPiBFOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXG zdmNydC kbGwNCj gRTpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxTSExXQVBJLmRsbA KPi BFOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXEdESTMyLmRsbA KPiBFOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXFVTRVIzMi kbGwNCj gRTpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxDUllQVDMyLmRsbA KPiBFOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXE TQVNOMS kbGwNCj gRTpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxPTEVBVVQzMi kbGwNCj gRTpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxvbGUzMi kbGwNCj gR TpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxxdWVyeS kbGwNCj gRTpcV lORE X U xzeXN ZW zMlxTSEVMTDMyLmRsbA KPiBFOlxXSU ET dTXHN c R lbTMyXFBTQVBJLkRMTA KPiBFOlxXSU ET dTXFdpblN U x ODZfTW ljcm zb Z LldpbmRvd MuQ tbW uLUNvbnRyb xzXzY OTViNjQxN DRjY YxZGZfNi wLjI MDAuMjE MF LXd X E NGYxZmY XGNvbWN bDMyLmRsbA KPiBFOlxQcm ncmFtIEZpbGVzXEdvb dsZVxHb nbGU gRGVza RvcCBTZWFyY hcR vZ xlRGVza RvcFJlc cmNlc lbi kbGwNCg KR vZ xlDQpHb nbGUgRGVza RvcA KNS wLjYxMS xN TU MA KR vZ xlIERlc t b ANCkNvcHlyaWdodCAoYykgMjAwMy y MDA IEdvb dsZS gQWxsIFJpZ h cyBSZXNlcnZlZC NCjUuMC MTE uMTU OTANCkdvb dsZSBEZXNrdG wDQoNCj gRTpcV lORE XU xzeX N ZW zMlxjb jdGwzMi kbGwNCj gRTpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zM lx eHRoZW lLmRsbA KPiBFOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXFZFUlNJ T uZGxsDQo IEU XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcV MyXzMyLmRsbA KPiBFOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXFdTMkhFTFAuZGxsDQo IEU XF dJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcV lOU RBLmRsbA KPiBFOlxXSU ET dTX HN c RlbTMyXE FVEFQSTMyLmRsbA KPiBFOlxXSU ET dTXHN c Rl bTMyXGlwaGxwYXBpLmRsbA KPiBFOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXE QUkFQSS kbGwNCj gRTpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxBQ RJVkVEUy kbGwNCj gRTpcV lORE XU xzeXN ZW zMlxhZHNsZHBjLmRsbA KP iBFOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXFdMREFQMzIuZGxsDQo IEU XFdJ TkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcQVRMLkRMTA KPiBFOlxXSU ET dTXHN c R lbTMyXHJ dXRpbHMuZGxsDQo IEU XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcU FNTElCLmRsbA KPiBFOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXFNFVFVQQVBJL mRsbA KPiBFOlxXSU ET dTXHN c RlbTMyXHVzZXJlbnYuZGxsDQo IEU XFdJTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcd luc Bvb wuZHJ DQo IEU XFd JTkRPV Ncc lzdGVtMzJcU lzXEV cGxvcmVyLjAwNw KPiBFOlxQcm ncmFtIEZpbGVzXFVsdHJhTW uXFJUU VsdHJhTW uSG vay kbGwNC g KUmVhbHRpbWUgU mdA KSG vayBETEwgZm yIFJlYWx aW lIFNv ZnQgVWx cmFNb NCjIuNi yNi wDQpSVFNVbHRyYU vbkhvb sNCkN vcHlyaWdodCCpIDIwMDAtMjAwNSBieSBSZWFsdGltZSBTb Z DQpSVF NVbHRyYU vbkhvb suZGxsDQoyLjYNClVsdHJhTW uDQpSZXRhaWwgV W pY kZSB MzINCg KPiBFOlxQcm ... Read more

Relevancy 47.3%

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3...utmeldingp.jpg

i keep getting this error like once a minute... sometimes it has a different name, name seems randomly picked in my opinion...

anyone knows if this is some kind of virus?
cheers

A:weird re-occuring windows error

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/weird-re-occuring-windows-error-535463.html
Relevancy 47.3%

i get a gray dialog box that says...

THE DRIVE IS NOT READY FOR USE.ITS DOOR MAY BE OPEN.PLEASE CHECK A AND MAKE SURE THE DISK IS INSERTED AND THAT THE DRIVE DOOR IS CLOSED..NOW I GOT A FLOPPY DRIVE BUT I NEVER CONNECTED IT..whats causeing this annoying error help!

A:Weird error when shutting down windows help!

A loose IDE cable or a bad CDROM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-error-when-shutting-down-windows-help.61966/
Relevancy 47.3%

I did post this the other day but as I have the error message I feel that it's right I post it in full This happened the other weird 7 windows error. Found day where I logged on to my laptop and it comes up saying Location is not available Here is the full error C windows system config systemprofile Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable It could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted or Found weird windows 7 error. that you are connected to the internet or your network and then try again If it still cannot be located the information might have been moved to a different location another error follows saying Failed to connect to a windows service - Windows could Found weird windows 7 error. not connect to the system event notification service service this problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system As an administrative user you can review the system event log for details about why the service didn't respond When I log off and back on it works What is this error and why is it happening Could it be some sort of corrupted windows file or a form of malware Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511238/found-weird-windows-7-error/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello i was hoping you guys could help me I am at a loss as the what causes this problem and i have tried everything i know and nothing helps Problem is i have windows PC s connected via a router with cables on a home network and everything seems to work except when adding new shared drives If i want to windows weird error network 7 add a new network shared drives folders on pc i do as always i share the drive and give full access to everyone now the weird thing happens every new share be it drives on already connected pc s or weird windows 7 network error new pc s with same settings i cannot access on the network It keeps saying quot cannot access network share pc name folder quot You do not have access permission contact admin to get access everything is translated from danish version and the quot old quot shares can still be accessed as usual Then weird windows 7 network error if i add another pc which has identical hardware and settings like my own the new one can access all the old shared drives fine but neither of my old pc s can access any shared drives on new pc i get the no access permission error Does anyone know why all new shares on network behaves like this And trust me i have done everything All settings are same on all pc s have identical hardware i have tried making homegroups removed network cards made new networks changed pc names network names and so on problem persists and i am getting increasingly annoyed on my network pc is win bit and is win bit new added pc is win bit Any help would be extremely welcome

A:weird windows 7 network error

did you have all computers with the log in name and passwords the same. thats the only thing i can suggest.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/weird-windows-7-network-error-480215.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Three times in the last two weeks, I've gotten this error message. I believe all three times I was just doing normal internet activity, and maybe playing music also at the same time:
This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress
and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown
was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Time before shutdown: 00:00:59

Windows must now restart because the Remote Procedure Call
(RPC) service terminated unexpectedly
What does it mean?

A:weird error message on Windows XP..

Download HiJack This and scan,then post your results so someone can check it out.Good luck.You can get it here
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-error-message-on-windows-xp.152682/
Relevancy 46.87%

Let me first start by saying that I have run hitman pro spybot keeps more error & weird messages, freezing, Windows S amp D malwarebytes windows security essentials tdsskiller and a few registry cleaners I Windows keeps freezing, weird error messages, & more detected some things and removed them then re-ran everything again Every single one of Windows keeps freezing, weird error messages, & more the programs I listed came back the Windows keeps freezing, weird error messages, & more nd time as no issues detected I think my issues started happening when I wanted to run an old win game and downloaded wings dll and put it in my system Bad idea apparently So I deleted it the other day but the problems are still happening At times my PC is completely and totally unusable and at other times it works perfectly fine I've been trying to narrow down the problem but I can't help but think that it might be a corrupted hard drive Maybe you guys can help So my PC ran fine for day after I freed it of the viruses malware and then the same problem happened again Windows kept freezing and I noticed that several instances of conhost exe csrss exe and dllhost exe were running and dllhost exe in particular kept duplicating and re-duplicating to the point where like of them are running at one time Error messages have included the one saying windows installer is missing it randomly got disabled even though I didn't disable it some error about how task manager can't start and then it brought me to a completely black screen for about minutes then back to my desktop and some other weird errors I've never seen before I'll tell you guys about them if I see them again I am thinking it has something to do with the dll I put on my PC I know it isn't meant for windows Either that or a corrupted hard drive Another thing I wanted to note is that my current window that I'm working in keeps randomly de-selecting and I think that it only does it when a new instance of COM Surrogate dllhost exe comes up I have also noticed that at a certain point my PC seems to get to memory overload capacity and freeze probably from too many instances of the things conhost exe csrss exe and dllhost exe Do you guys have any suggestions

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552531/windows-keeps-freezing-weird-error-messages-more/
Relevancy 46.87%

I ve quot googled quot weird Cannot clean error(s) windows 10, getting install this error and message alike I m really confuse at what to do So got new ssd instead of HDD I download Windows Education off Microsoft Imagine website Concordia University - Cannot clean install windows 10, getting weird error(s) ECS - Microsoft Imagine Premium which I use the iso to flash my USB using rufusAnd I got the following error if I do automatic install gt The computer started using the windows installation Cannot clean install windows 10, getting weird error(s) media Remove the gt installation media and restart your computer so that Windows starts gt normally Then insert the installation media and restart the upgrade gt gt Cannot clean install windows 10, getting weird error(s) gt Do not select Custom advanced to perform an upgrade Now if I did custom install I get the following error x nbsp So seeing the first error message I thought that the computer was trying to UPGRADE my quot current quot version of windows which would obviously fail seeing that I have a blank SSD SO I found this Download Windows which gives you the choice of either upgrading the PC or flashing a USB to use on a different PC So nbsp I flashed my USB AGAIN and went on to try to install my computer Automatic install same error as the first oneCustom x D or something like that I m at work and can t recall the error but it wasn t the same I tried installing W Premium and got the SAME error Same error trying to install W THEN I tried Ubuntu but I got to the kernel cause something was up but I m a total beginner when it comes to linux

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158564.0.html
Relevancy 46.44%

For some reason now, when I open Adobe Acrobat Reader, the Windows Messenger 5.0 installation message pops up and it just freezes there. I've tried reinstalling Reader, but still not help. Weird, huh? Any suggestions? Anyone experienced/have same problem?

A:Weird error between Adobe Reader & Windows Messenger

Hiya

When you say an error comes up, can you post the full details. Also, if there is a Details button, click that and copy/paste the contents here.

Also, is this the same as what is happening here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=202020

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-error-between-adobe-reader-windows-messenger.203270/
Relevancy 46.44%

So I'm trying to do a clean install of Win on my Samsung SSD Initial installation about a year ago went fine Now when I go into the setup of the install disc it gives me error x I've looked around and have found various solutions none of which seem related to each other fixing the MRB removing other drives etc I'm worried about formatting the drive because I don't want to do it only to have it give me the same error I don't have a back up drive with (0x80300024) preventing error Weird installation windows an OS Other info that may be important I have HDDs on this PC are TB platter drives is a TB platter drive just a back up for the other drives Main drive is a GB Weird error preventing windows installation (0x80300024) SSD The thing I find odd is that my disk manager shows the TB drive G as disk It shows the SSD as disk C The SSD has the typical MB system partition and then the rest of the drive is reserved for the OS and whatever else I put Weird error preventing windows installation (0x80300024) on it So upon setup it should I'm installing on disk partition I could try bootsec fixmbr but this isn't something I've ever done before so it makes me a bit anxious I suppose I could temporarily pull the TB drive to see if the SSD reverts to disk but I don't know if that'll make any difference Any help would be much appreciated

A:Weird error preventing windows installation (0x80300024)

If you wish to clean install Win 7 follow this tutorial: Clean Install Windows 7
Make sure to disconnect all other hard drives and only leave the SSD connected when installing Windows and make sure it's connected to the lowest numbered SATA3 port

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/353464-weird-error-preventing-windows-installation-0x80300024.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have WINXP and am having the following problems System extremely slow freezes from time to time and must wait sec- mins for it to become active again Once in a while internet connection goes down randomly Also windows error box pops up from time to time with error messags stating problem with program and must close some of the listed programs were Windows slow... messages, Weird Error files, Log, CPU quot o exe quot quot knC exe quot quot fischauge exe quot - google search yeilded negative results for such files I've used SpyBot Kapersky online avg rookit eset lavasoft adaware still no luck LOG Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C Program Files Norton Log, Windows Error messages, Weird files, CPU slow... Ghost Agent VProSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system carpserv exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements apdproxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files Eset nod kui Log, Windows Error messages, Weird files, CPU slow... exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM Log, Windows Error messages, Weird files, CPU slow... EXE C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system pci b exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files goo... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/log-windows-error-messages-weird-files-cpu-slow-205219.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Where do I begin Last July I upgraded to an AMD X Processor waiting for the X s to lower Windows and Shutdown Vista - error weird annoying in price with GB DDR OCZ RAM and a few weeks after that my system started doing something weird When I cliked to shut down or sleep the PC would take forever to shut down then it would restart and say quot Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown quot Windows Vista Shutdown error - weird and annoying It has plagued my system for months so last week I replaced parts I replaced my motherboard graphics cards and power supply I reformatted my drive and performed a clean VISTA install I thought it was working then alas its happening again System takes forever to shutdown then restarts and gives me the shutdown message Before I go Rambo on my case and start replacing everything else I want Windows Vista Shutdown error - weird and annoying to see what someone else thinks I have figured my problem could be Bad RAM - GB of OCZ DDR Mhz PC - Was not replaced with the new parts Bad Hard Drive or improperly configured hard drive - But why would the PC start up fine and work fine if it was a bad drive Windows Registry - This is a brand new install with barely anything on it so why would the registry be corrupted the same as before my clean install I'm thinking its my memory but I need confirmation My System Specs Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-MA GM-US H AM Processor AMD Athlon X Ghz Black Edition RAM OCZ Vista Upgrade Edition Mhz DDR PC Hard Drive Seagate GB SATA Drive Graphics BFG NVidia GT GB Sound On Board Power Supply ULTRA X W ATX OS Windows Vista Ultimate Any thoughts

A:Windows Vista Shutdown error - weird and annoying

How many sticks of ram do you have?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/314728/windows-vista-shutdown-error-weird-and-annoying/
Relevancy 46.44%

When i start my pc , all bugs on my desktop !! i cant do nothing only restart my pc !! And if i wait 10 mins i will get a Blue screen with this error : 0x000000F4(0x0000003,0x8602B658,0x8602B7A4,0x81E1DF00)

I dont have change nothing on my pc , only update windows and important one! I made 3 format at this moment , new hard drive and nothing work always this same errors !! please i need ur help

Sry for my bad english! :S

A:Windows vista ultimate 32Bit Weird error

this is no software issue but a hardware related problem, probably a faulty hardware, or incompatible drivers

You a have the huge work to do now. check everything one-by-one the RAM's, Cards, Hard Drives, ROM's & also check the CMOS Battery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-ultimate-32bit-weird-error.837265/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello Currently I have a big problem with my Computer i can't run Windows in normal mode and currently using Safe Mode I will describe the problem and Windows NT BSOD jcgriff zip DESCRIPTION My computer have some system Weird error after weird BSOD BSOD a few days before but it's rare and after it restarts Windows works like normal Those BSOD happens randomly But just hours ago i got a BSOD Weird system error after weird BSOD just when opening windows explorer but this time Weird system error after weird BSOD the Blue Screen takes minute and it shows a lot more texts than usual After my computer restarted it took minutes on Loading and welcome screen Usually it only take seconds After loading finishes my monitor shows nothing black but i can see my pointer mouse the pointer can still move I also can do CTRL ALT DEL and starts Task Manager I waited for minutes and suddenly the screen turns light-blue and some icons and the taskbar comes out But when i opening Windows Explorer or any applications it shows an error that username and password is invalid in the config Then i frustrated and restart my comp in Safe Mode with Networking It works without those errors and runs normally but i can't do any working on Safe Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- That's the description of the problem i have on my Windows A help would be very appriciated I running Windows Ultimate Bit OEM my computer is months old same with the OS Note when i typed perfmon report the viewer show error that the system can't find the file specified Thanks very much for those who help me

A:Weird system error after weird BSOD

Hello Freedom975 and welcome to SF,

Bugcheck 0xc5_2 and 0xd1 could be caused by 3rd driver, memory or viruses.

First uninstall AVG completely then download and install Malwarebytes.
Update its database and perform full scan.
(You may do this in Safe Mode Windows with Networking)

Install MSE as replacement of AVG.
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Then uninstall Alcohol 120% and remove sptd driver with this tools. → http://www.duplexsecure.com/download...t-v178-x86.exe
For alternative CD/DVD virtual software, you may use MagicIso.

Last, upgrade your Windows into SP1.
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Code:
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.x86fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82c1b000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82d63810
Debug session time: Thu Apr 7 01:22:37.233 2011 (GMT-8)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:18:18.638
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C5, {4, 2, 1, 82d3b943}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+2e3 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL (c5)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is
caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. Run the driver
verifier against any new (or suspect) drivers, and if that doesn't turn up
the culprit, then use gflags to enable special pool.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000004, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000002, IRQL
Arg3: 00000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: 82d3b943, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xC5_2

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!ExDeferredFreePool+2e3
82d3b943 894604 mov dword ptr [esi+4],eax

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe

TRAP_FRAME: c8c6b50c -- (.trap 0xffffffffc8c6b50c)
ErrCode = 00000002
eax=00050070 ebx=000001ff ecx=000001ff edx=82d509f8 esi=00000000 edi=82d508c0
eip=82d3b943 esp=c8c6b580 ebp=c8c6b5b8 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz ac po nc
cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010212
nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0x2e3:
82d3b943 894604 mov dword ptr [esi+4],eax ds:0023:00000004=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 82d3b943 to 82c6182b

STACK_TEXT:
c8c6b50c 82d3b943 badb0d00 82d509f8 00002328 nt!KiTrap0E+0x2cf
c8c6b5b8 82d3a8aa 82d508c0 00000000 00000000 nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0x2e3
c8c6b620 82ca5ef2 862e8ae8 76615358 87e24148 nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+0x8a4
c8c6b630 82ca5c7c c8c6b68c 00000000 00000000 nt!KeFreeXStateContext+0x1b
c8c6b64c 82ca63cb c8c6b7b4 c8c6b864 81f96759 nt!KeRestoreExtendedProcessorState+0xfd
c8c6b658 81f96759 c8c6b7b4 fde693b8... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/155572-weird-system-error-after-weird-bsod.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello new guy here now for my problem the problem i seem to be having is Remove Disk or other media but its not on start up of my computer but its on System Recovery then when i hit enter it will then go to disk Boot error i am on windows xp and i have a HP Pavlon the reason i want to use my System Recovery is i am fixing to start a new project for a website for my city in Place Weird Weird Error and i want to Weird Error in Weird Place setup a localserver so i want my computer to have a fresh start and since i haven t used system recovery in like or months its dued so if anyone can help me pass this Remove disk or other media on system Recovery would be appriciated the only thing i have plugged in is my dsl connection and kordless keyboard and mouse i completely disabled my printer and camera and there is no disk in either of my disk drives and yes i have stuff in D drive HP Recovery i do not believe the stuff i have in the drive would cause this error as i have put the same things in it before so if anyone knows this problem on System Recovery would be appriciated for any help Thanks nbsp

A:Weird Error in Weird Place

Did you try changing the boot order in the bios? Or if you are trying to boot to a recovery partition I am fairly certain HP uses the F10 key when you are going to boot to go into system recovery. But I don't have an HP so I could be wrong but it should be one of the F Keys.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-error-in-weird-place.54435/
Relevancy 44.29%

I get all those messages at start up, plus superfetch has stopped working, and sometimes windows explorer has stopped working. I know it's some type of virus from something. So far safe mode has been working (slowly). Yesterday I had a friend reinstall(?) vista on it so I'm not sure if it would qualify as a legal copy or not anymore but it was actually much worse before that. It couldn't even start up right normal or safe mode.

it is a hp G60t-200, and the OS is vista, I'm not sure what other info would be needed for this. Please help if you can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/clr-error-80004005-error-0x800106ba-windows-problem-reporting-has-stopped-working-487867.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Anyways yesterday I posted about how I accidently uninstalled some preloaded Windows programs I reinstalled some of them but now my laptop s all funny When I connect to The Internet any program that I open freezes for like minutes after which it unfreezes During this time I normally restart my computer with no success If I open Windows Live Messenger and Internet Explorer together it freezes normally Pinball WordPad Sound Recorder and Volume Control cannot be restored Also I tried using my Toshiba Recovery DVD with no success It says Loading RAMDISK Image then it reboots and loads the exact same system with no changes made I called in to Toshiba support a customer service rep and I redid this process and no success He says there might be a hard drive corruption so severe that it refuses to accept The DVD What can I do My computer specs Toshiba Satellite a Windows XP Home SP Intel Centrino dual-core GHz GB hard drive GB RAM DVD-RAM error, XP disc Windows recovery drive hard not error, working probably multi-layer burner Yada yada Please help and if you require any more information I will be glad to provide it BTW I had this exact Windows XP error, probably hard drive error, recovery disc not working same problem with my previous laptop which was the same kind That one I returned it to Future Shop and I got it exchanged for this one since it was still weeks of my purchase It s been months however so that option is not open Update When I connect to The Internet if I try to open ANY programs it freezes not just IE or WLM nbsp

A:Windows XP error, probably hard drive error, recovery disc not working

My HJT log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:19:47 AM, on 29/10/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DVDRAMSV.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Tvs\TvsTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet\thotkey.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDispVol.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\Toshiba.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Slick Run\sr.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSBattM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\ObjectDock\ObjectDock.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\Dot1XCfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msvs.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Fred%20Liu/My%20Documents/Internet%20Explorer%20start%20page.htm
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLA] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSH... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-error-probably-hard-drive-error-recovery-disc-not-working.513747/
Relevancy 44.29%

I read through some posts made about a year ago about an IE error msg I downloaded HijackThis and I have no idea what to do from here I got on my computer today and tried to open an IE web browser and got some weird error messages Everytime I close the error boxes a web browser tries to open but it closes and Windows Make 'http://[weird Msg address "Cannot Find Error is or path Internet sure correct." characters]/'. IE subsequently brings back two more error messages and no web browser At the moment I am running IE with add-ons disabled That's the only way I've been able to get Windows IE Error Msg "Cannot Find 'http://[weird characters]/'. Make sure path or Internet address is correct." a browser Please help Windows IE Error Msg "Cannot Find 'http://[weird characters]/'. Make sure path or Internet address is correct." Logfile of Trend Windows IE Error Msg "Cannot Find 'http://[weird characters]/'. Make sure path or Internet address is correct." Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXEC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Nexon Mabinogi npkcmsvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exec TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exeC Program Files Protector Suite QL psqltray exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exeC Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exeC toshiba ivp ism pinger exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exeC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFXFER exeC WINDOWS system TPSBattM exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC WINDOWS system RAMASST exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files MemoKit memokit exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exec PROGRA mcafee msc mcshell exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exec PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS mcvsshld exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC DOCUME Tory LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for HiJackThis zip HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com f... Read more

A:Windows IE Error Msg "Cannot Find 'http://[weird characters]/'. Make sure path or Internet address is correct."

Hello LioneyesWelcome to BleepingComputer ========================Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/186567/windows-ie-error-msg-cannot-find-httpweird-characters-make-sure-path-or-internet-address-is-correct/
Relevancy 43.86%

I ran rKill & MABM to get rid of Antivirus Security Pro (have my suspicions where it came from), it is gone .. thanks.  However now my IE pages are strange (e.g., when I logged in to this account, no login, etc button I just hit enter & hoped; boxes are not complete outlined (or your search box in upper right of page is completely missing, however I can click & type in the space).  The Start button is no longer round with the windows icon on it, just a black & white button with the word Start.  Not sure that is a bad thing, but apparently something is hinky.   Suggestions?

A:Ran MABM, now IE windows are weird, Start button looks weird

Never mind, I figured it out ... the theme I was running was the issue.  Thanks...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511351/ran-mabm-now-ie-windows-are-weird-start-button-looks-weird/
Relevancy 43%

IN Windows 7 my back up was working fine. I then upgraded to Windows 10. Due to heating problems with my laptop I downgraded back to Windows 7. Now I find that many systems are not working including the back. It just gives me this error.

I have already done the " restore default libraries" as suggested in some blogs but the problem persists. 
Can you help me this problems and the other issues of programmes not updating automatically. 
thanks 
Sanjay

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f0e1377c-98be-4ea8-b494-ebbbeeaebfe7/backup-of-windows-not-working-displaying-error-0x81000031-after-downgrading-from-windows-10-to?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 42.57%

would there be any benefit to have 2 nic's (ethernet cards) connected to a router for less lag online?

A:2 nics???

No because the lag isn't from your NIC to your router 99.9% of the time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-nics.816381/
Relevancy 42.57%

Out of sheer curiousity. I was wondering which would yield better results an onboard 10/100 lan or a pci 10/100 lan card. Not that it makes any difference in your internet speed i woud just like to know which is mathematically better. Correct me if im wrong but doesn't the pci bus have a 133 MB/s bandwidth? Even if the pci card is only capable of running at 100 MB/s. I guess my question is really how much bandwidth the onboard lan has. Which im sure is more than 100 MBs. Its just an out of the blue question. I have a VIA Rhine II fast ethernet adapter for an onboard lan.

Please and Thankyou

Relevancy 42.14%

hello people!

im running on windows xp.

my pc started acting weird all of a sudden. my ASUS Quietrack CD-ROM starts reading by itself intermittenly without any warning whatsoever. this happens for about a few seconds and the hard disk also reads for a while, acusing my system to freeze for a few seconds. this happens from time to time and sometimes with only a few seconds interval between such instances. it really slows down my system and it is really annoying. i am fearful that it might cause damage to my system.

was wondering if this was caused by a running service or virus? is this most likely hardware related? i really need help.

thanks so much in advance!!!

Relevancy 42.14%

I have two computers a desktop running Win XP SP and a laptop running windows Vista UE Both the machines have 2 Problem with NICs independent internet with different ISPs The Laptop connects to a wireless network I recently tried to network the two Problem with 2 NICs computers by adding additional NIC to my desktop and wiring it through the router NIC connect to internet through cable and NIC for Home Network wired to the router I succeeded in networking the Desktop and Laptop and also disabling internet sharing as i dint want ISP on my Desktop Now the problem is on my desktop I have my internet connection working through another Lan card and Problem with 2 NICs different ISP so when I m connected to both the networks Internet and Home Network the internet seems to work but not the home network Problem with 2 NICs Neither the Laptop or Desktop can connect to each other not even see each other though they can ping each other and also the Router Both my NICs are configured with static IP Home network works fine when I m not connected to the NIC connection Internet on my desktop I also removed the default gateway from the NIC connected to home network Also another thing that i noticed is that if i connect to the NIC then to make my home network work I ll have to not only disable NIC and Enable NIC but also restart my machine otherwise it wont work Is there a way I can make them both function together and properly Thanks For Taking out Time and Reading My Long Post I have been trying to find a solution since a week but no success Plz Plz Plz Help me nbsp

A:Problem with 2 NICs

You need to do a manual configuration of the direct link.

Configure the direct link's TCP/IP as follows, leave the Internet connections the way they are..

PC #1:
IP address: 192.168.9.1
Subnet Address: 255.255.255.0

PC #2:
IP address: 192.168.9.2
Subnet Address: 255.255.255.0

Leave the Default Gateway and DNS Server addresses blank.

Under Advanced Properties, on the WINS tab, make sure that NETBIOS over TCP/IP is enabled.

Make sure any firewalls are configured to put the 192.168.9.x subnet in the trusted zone.

Finally, you'll have to enable fine/print sharing on the machines and actually share one or more folders or drives.

This should allow Internet requests to go to the ISP connection on each machine, and file/print sharing requests to be handled across the direct link.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-2-nics.757812/
Relevancy 42.14%

i have a MB connection down KB up bytes not bits broadband and a netgear router i have like people in my house connected to my router and everythings all good nothing wrong there i'm running windows rtm build i got two nics and i was wondering if i can plug them both in and use some programs on one nic and other programs for the other it didn't work when i nics same 2 on computer had xp or when i had vista and i couldn't find information on exactly why it won't work yes i searched all over the internet but win seems to have some new features i'm still discovering it says its going 2 nics on same computer through a switch but its not i'm Mad-Labs my original connection is and my second nic is also my original question was if that was possible but after checking my network connections in eset smart security i realized that my program utorrent was using both of them at the same time already now my 2 nics on same computer question is how can i set my lan to use everything else and not utorrent and lan to only use utorrent

A:2 nics on same computer

What's the point? Either port's capability exceeds the capacity of the connection.

Both ports terminate on the same loop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/22092-2-nics-same-computer.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have two NICs, 192.168.56.0/24 and my wifi NIC 192.168.1.0/24. Can I route between these two NICs to
be able to ping from my Physical HOST to any host on 192.168.56.0/24 while using VMs?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b4a82e1f-a0f3-41ae-acd5-fdeaaa4c4d01/routing-between-nics?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello all I have my desktop containing two NICs One of them is connected to my DSL connection and the other is connected to my laptop I have local network between my pc and my laptop and i have the internet connection working on my pc and i can share files between the pc and my laptop but i want to be able to access the internet through my laptop not through my desktop only I know i can use ICS but i m searching for other method to do this without using ICS is there any setting in the TCP IP configuration for the NICs on my desktop to see each other I have tried to let the default gateway for the NIC connected to the laptop as the IP for the NIC connected to the internet in my desktop but when i do this i can t acces the internet whether from my desktop or my laptop do anyone know how to do this without using ICS Waiting for ur replies Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

i have 1 linksys wusb wirelless nic and 1 internal nic i have both nics running.
If i use 1 or the other i have an intenet connection i would like to try and share the connection between the both of them if possilbe.
I.E both cards running D/L 1 file or whatever it is i am doing.
I have a dls router wired/wireless not really sure if sharing 2 nics for 1 beefed up connection will work but any help would be great

A:using 2 nics for 1 dsl connection

For what point? You won't gain any speed, and it's not possible to share a single download stream in any case. The speed of your wired connection is far faster than any ISP connection, you are accomplishing nothing here, even if you managed to get it to work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-2-nics-for-1-dsl-connection.627572/
Relevancy 42.14%

this is kinda confusing so i'll try to explain it as much as possible i have a MB connection down KB up bytes not bits in 2 one computer?> nics broadband and a netgear router i have like people in my house connected to my router and everythings all good nothing wrong there i'm running windows rtm build i got two nics and i was wondering if i can plug them both in and use some programs on one nic and other programs for the other it didn't work when i had xp or when i had vista and i couldn't find information on exactly why it won't work yes i searched all over the internet but win seems to have 2 nics in one computer?> some new features i'm still discovering would that be possible it says its going through a switch but its not my connection is Mad-Labs if i go to my router configuration page and port forward my programs to one or the other nic would windows try to connect on my lan and then switch automatically to my lan would i be able to use both connections at the same time maybe ftp on one and browsing on the other oh yeah just in case you ask John Will lol PHP Code -- php buffer start -- code span style color span style color BB Microsoft nbsp Windows nbsp span span style color span span style color BB Version nbsp span span style color br span span style color BB Copyright nbsp span span style color span span style color BB c span span style color nbsp span span style color BB nbsp Microsoft nbsp Corporation span span style color nbsp nbsp span span style color BB All nbsp rights nbsp reserved span span style color br br span span style color BB C span span style color span span style color BB Users span span style color span span style color BB The nbsp Mas nbsp Scientist span span style color gt span span style color BB ipconfig nbsp span span style color span span style color BB all br br Windows nbsp IP nbsp Configuration br br nbsp nbsp nbsp Host nbsp Name nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Mad span span style color - span span style color BB Labs br nbsp nbsp nbsp Primary nbsp Dns nbsp Suffix nbsp nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp br nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Node nbsp Type nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Hybrid br nbsp nbsp nbsp IP nbsp Routing nbsp Enabled span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB No br nbsp nbsp nbsp WINS nbsp Proxy nbsp Enabled span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB No br br Ethernet nbsp adapter nbsp Local nbsp Area nbsp Connection nbsp span span style color br br nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Connection span span style color - span span style color BB specific nbsp DNS nbsp Suffix nbsp nbsp span span style color nbsp br nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Description nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB ADMtek nbsp AN nbsp based nbsp ethernet nbsp adapter br nbsp nbsp nbsp Physical nbsp Address span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB A span span style color - span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB span span style color - span span style color BB br nbsp nbsp nbsp DHCP nbsp Enabled span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Yes br nbsp nbsp nbsp Autoconfiguration nbsp Enabled nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Yes br nbsp nbsp nbsp Link span span style color - span span style color BB local nbsp IPv nbsp Address nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB fe span span... Read more

A:2 nics in one computer?>

The reason to have two ethernet connections so you can have have ICS (internet connection sharing) or teamed ethernet with one port for download and one for uploading. This is meant for servers mostly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/2-nics-in-one-computer-407439.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Sorry for the somewhat cryptic title I couldn t really summarize what I m thinking about doing My office network consists of a wire home gateway modem router gigabit 2 Considering nics, 1 and a dlink port switch with room Considering 2 nics, 1 gigabit for a gigabit backbone although I m not really considering using it right now Here s my dilemma I have computers that usually pass a lot of info back and forth between Sometimes in the area of - gigs Both computers have integrated nics which obviously go down to mbits when plugged into the network So here are my questions Does it make sense to add a second nic like a com tx to each pc plug that nic into the main network and then run a dedicated crossover cable between the computers and put it in the gigabit nic When I am transferring info between the computers how do I ensure that the data travels over the gigabit nic and NOT over the regular switch I appreciate any advice here nbsp

A:Considering 2 nics, 1 gigabit

Why not just use the single gigabit connection and put a 5 port gigabit switch in for those two computers? You just plug that switch into a port on the 48 port switch and plug those two machine into it. A $30 switch makes this problem go away.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/considering-2-nics-1-gigabit.649821/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi guys

Do you know how many virtual NICs XP can have?
I tried to install 4 virtual NICs using virtnet on XP and for some reason, the 4th NICs never get the DHCP address from the router. It seems that XP limit the NICs to only 3.

Any idea? please advice

Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/virtual-nics-on-xp-485501.html
Relevancy 41.71%

hi My OS is Windows Professional -bit Unable to update any file from windows update Same error code F occurs and Windows could not search for new updates Whereas my internet connection is working fine and i able to browse and download from internet Also tried Microsoft Fix it and it says Repair windows update components After applying it still same error occurs Even disabled AVG Internet Security and still same problem Here is the log detail from windowsupdate log - - b AU START working not Error Professional. Windows is Windows 7 code in 8024402F update AU Search for updates - - b AU - - b AU lt lt SUBMITTED AU Search for updates CallId CB F- - E-A A-D B C A - - e Agent - - e Agent START Windows update is not working in Windows 7 Professional. Error code 8024402F Agent Finding updates CallerId AutomaticUpdates - - e Agent - - e Agent Online Yes Ignore download priority No - - e Agent Criteria quot Windows update is not working in Windows 7 Professional. Error code 8024402F IsInstalled and DeploymentAction Installation or IsPresent and DeploymentAction Uninstallation or IsInstalled and Windows update is not working in Windows 7 Professional. Error code 8024402F DeploymentAction Installation and RebootRequired or IsInstalled and DeploymentAction Uninstallation and RebootRequired quot - - e Agent ServiceID F -A - - - A D EFE D Third party service - - e Agent Search Scope Machine - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Agent Checking for updated auth cab for service f -a - - - a d efe d at http download windowsupdate com v microsoftupdate redir muauth cab - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution AuthCabs authcab cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution AuthCabs authcab cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Setup Checking for agent SelfUpdate - - e Setup Client version Core Aux - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution SelfUpdate wuident cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution SelfUpdate wuident cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution SelfUpdate wsus setup cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution SelfUpdate wsus setup cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Setup Determining whether a new setup handler needs to be downloaded - - e Setup SelfUpdate handler is not found It will be downloaded - - e Setup Evaluating applicability of setup package quot WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e x quot - - e Setup Setup package quot WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e x quot is already installed - - e Setup Evaluating applicability of setup package quot WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel bf ad e x quot - - e Setup Setup package quot WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel bf ad e x quot is already installed - - e Setup Evaluating applicability of setup package quot WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel bf ad e x quot - - e Setup Setup package quot WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel bf ad e x quot is already installed - - e Setup SelfUpdate check completed SelfUpdate is NOT required - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F -A - - - A D EFE D muv muredir cab - - e Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - e Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F -A - - - A D EFE D... Read more

A:Windows update is not working in Windows 7 Professional. Error code 8024402F

Press Windows+R key and typencpa.cpl and click okRight click on your LAN connection-propertiesClick on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click Propertiesclick on Use the following DNS server addresses, and then, in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server boxes, type the addresses of the primary and secondary DNS servers.PREFERRED 4.2.2.1ALTERNATE 4.2.2.2Restart the PC Let me know if you can update now

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461739/windows-update-is-not-working-in-windows-7-professional-error-code-8024402f/
Relevancy 41.71%

Okay this is really hard to explain My laptop has been running for working weird virus! Please Help! Very about a week now and today when I woke up I tried to access something on an already open chrome tab and suddenly shockwave player crashed chrome became irresponsive I closed it but the computer was running overall slow so I restarted it After the restart I noticed that chrome doesn't want to start and tried to access task manager but I got the following error quot The logon process was unable to display security and logon options when CTRL ALT DEL was pressed IF the operating system does not respond press ESC or restart the computer by using the power switch quot Next thing I did was run a system restore to a couple of days ago I didn't download or install anything malicious like ever After the restore chrome actually booted up and the system seemed to work for about - minutes than it would started working slower and slower and Task Manager wouldn't start I ran an ESET NOD portable Virus scan and found some win miner nab and some spyware things that were immediately deleted but the system still didn't run properly Overall here are the quot symptoms quot - No executable starts I actually managed to start task manager immediately after login screen and was constantly checking for weird looking processes but couldn't find any Whatever executable I would attempt to start would just stay on the process list but wouldn't actually run - Some icon problems they either load up really slow or don't load at all - explorer exe seems to run fine I can start and go around folders without any problems - start menu also runs fine - I cannot connect to internet I'm on a college network so credentials are required every time but after I enter them the LAN icon just shows the yellow triangle thing I am running in safe mode Very weird working virus! Please Help! at the moment Please help Very weird working virus! Please Help!

A:Very weird working virus! Please Help!

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

If necessary, download and run the tools in Safe Mode with Networking: Restart your computer.
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, start pressing the F8 key.
In some systems, this may be the F5 key.
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear.
Use the up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode with Networking and press 'Enter'.
Login on your usual account.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/very-weird-working-virus-please-help-692578.html
Relevancy 41.71%

windows updated both IE bit and IE bit do this dhrome and firefox do not i've frequesn'tly cleared my cache i keep software and such up to date another trick someone told me that sometimes works when nothing else does in taskmanager processes fine d quot explorer exe quot and end the process it doesn't hurt anything to do this then you go to the applications tab and at the bottom right it says quot new task quot click that and enter quot explorer exe quot quite simple and as i said sometimes whien other things don't work or your computer seems to be running slow this sometimes IE (but working) acting weird helps what IE does is each time it changes a webpage or if i'm in a game and i click on a button to do something It clicks and flashes for a few seconds to reverse colors that is black screen ith white print and any color the colors are reversed on the spectrum those of you who are old enough you will remember what the negative for a color photograph looks like i'm sorry i haven't been fast enough yet to get a printscreen of this It's consisted not just sometimes but every time for IE acting weird (but working) example when i post this and the page refreshes it will do it malware scans don't find anything spyware sometimes does but removing it doesn't change the problem virus scan sometimes finds stuff but removing it IE acting weird (but working) doesn't change the glitch i do my best to keep non-essential cookies off my computer i have a cute little cookie manager for me that remembers and saves or deletes cookies per my preferences Thank you very much for taking time to read this sincerely Laurie G

A:IE acting weird (but working)

Welcome
Most IE problems are caused by the addons
Go to tools
Internet options
Advanced
Reset
This will remove all addons, how you doing now?
Troubleshooting Internet Explorer Issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/167984-ie-acting-weird-but-working.html
Relevancy 41.71%

This has nothing Email working... not weird to do with the BF thread he s just using my name to post there now I recently removed viruses with AVG free edition scanned with mutiple online sources including Panda Ad-Aware SE and SpySubtract They haven t detected any more on my computer But I can t log in at hotmail or gmail on my computer - I just get a blank white page with quot Done quot at the bottom It works fine on other computers though I can t think of any settings that would block email like that and I haven t played with any settings on IE or anything My latest HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C Program Files sygate SPF Smc exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgserv exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system hidserv exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C Email not working... weird WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINNT system msmonk exe C Program Files Java j re bin Email not working... weird jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime Email not working... weird qttask exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINNT wt updater wcmdmgr exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE C Program Files interMute SpySubtract SpySub exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C WINNT system lfgif n exe C Documents and Settings Angelic Fate Desktop scan HijackThis exe R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run AtiPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe startup O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run taskdebug c winnt inf tskdbg exe O - HKLM Run System Initialization C WINNT system msmonk exe O - HKLM Run er hg exe O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA sygate SPF Smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run wcmdmgr C WINNT wt updater wcmdmgrl exe -launch O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run hpppta C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP PrecisionScan PrecisionScan Pro hpppta exe ICON O - HKLM Run balxxyc C WINNT system ygiwcrjx exe O - HKLM RunServices er hg exe O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - HKCU Run lfgif n C WINNT system lfgif n exe O - Startup PalNetaware lnk C Program Files Paltalk pnetaware exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma... Read more

A:Email not working... weird

Hi Cathriel,

Click on the appropriate bold text if you need to learn :
about Starting your computer in Safe mode;
and How to show hidden files and protected operating system files in Windows;

1 Log the computer (you must have the administrator rights);

2 With your Add/Remove Programs utility, uninstall Viewpoint Manager and Paltalk ;

3 Run HijackThis (Important : all other open windows must be closed and not minimized, NO open Internet browser while HijackThis is fixing)
and fix the following entries :

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [taskdebug] c:\winnt\inf\tskdbg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [System Initialization] C:\WINNT\system32\msmonk32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [er] hg312.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [balxxyc] C:\WINNT\system32\ygiwcrjx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [er] hg312.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [lfgif70n] C:\WINNT\system32\lfgif70n.exe
O4 - Startup: PalNetaware.lnk = C:\Program Files\Paltalk\pnetaware.exe

O16 - DPF: {1D0D9077-3798-49BB-9058-393499174D5D} - file://c:\counter.cab

4 Restart the computer into safe mode;

5 Show hidden files and folders;

6 Delete the files :
C:\WINNT\inf\tskdbg.exe
C:\WINNT\inf\Bootnt.dll
C:\WINNT\inf\Pcc32.exe
C:\WINNT\inf\Smc32.exe
C:\WINNT\inf\Ntlib32.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\msmonk32.exe
hg312.exe <--- (Use your Find utility to locate this one)
C:\WINNT\system32\lfgif70n.exe
7 Delete all the files (NOT the folders) stored in the following folders :
C:\WINNT\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\Angelic Fate\Local Settings\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\(*)\Local Settings\Temp
(*) other folder names than 'Angelic Fate' if they are present

8 Empty the recycle bin;

9 Restart the computer normally;

10 Do a free online virus scan >>> http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

11 Post a new HijackThis log to make sure evrything is OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-not-working-weird.298166/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a W2K3 Server with dual NICs. One NIC is for internal access to the network. The other is dedicated to incoming web traffic (it's a web server).

They each are on different segments (192.168.1.1/24, 10.10.1.1/24 respectively). Since each NIC is plugged into a different router, they each have their own default gateway.

From what I've recently learned, this is not good as a computer can only have one gateway at any given time. Is that right? Has anyone else had problems with this type of setup?

Here is the site that I heard this from:

http://www.mcse.ms/archive114-2005-4-1580479.html

Relevancy 41.71%

Workstation running Win7 Pro has 2 NICs.  We bridged the two NICs together (WAN miniport bridge) and connected them to the
same subnet on a switch.  We thought this would act as bonding/teaming and provide failover protection, but we now realize teaming requires software from the NIC manufacturer, Intel.
Wireshark capture seems to see double transmission from the workstation, flagging every other packet from the workstation IP as a suspected retransmission.
Does bridging two NICs to the same LAN result in packets flowing out both ports simultaneously, or cause some sort of routing loop?  We wonder if the server is receiving double data from the workstation and getting confused.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/27b51ae9-81c9-438a-bc8a-1668d7f5cd48/2-nics-bridged-and-connected-to-same-lan?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, I am having a problem setting up a route between to network cards with windows 7. I am on a networkengineering course and we have just set up our own servers SBS2008 i have to NICs in my windows7 box on connects to the proxy then out to the internet then the other connects to my server i am tring to route from my server thru the windows 7 box out to the internet I have set up the routing tables on both machiens however there is still something stopping communication between the two NICs in my the windows 7 box please help

routing table on windows 7

0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.106.1 192.168.106.35 281
10.1.2.0 255.255.255.0 On-link 10.1.2.10 276
10.1.2.10 255.255.255.255 On-link 10.1.2.10 276
10.1.2.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 10.1.2.10 276
127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
127.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
192.168.106.0 255.255.255.0 On-link 192.168.106.35 281
192.168.106.35 255.255.255.255 On-link 192.168.106.35 281
192.168.106.112 255.255.255.255 On-link 192.168.106.35 281
192.168.106.120 255.255.255.255 On-link 192.168.106.35 281
192.168.106.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 192.168.106.35 281
255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 192.168.106.35 281
255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 10.1.2.10 276

routing on server

is normal only i have added

1902.168.0.0 255.255.0.0 10.1.2.10 10.1.2.1 21

the ip on my windows 7 box is 192.168.106.35 IF 1
10.1.2.10 IF 2
on the server it is 10.1.2.1
the path out to the internet is gateway 192.168.106.1

A:Routing two nics on win7

sorry rout on server has typo

192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0 10.1.2.10 10.1.2.1 21

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/69442-routing-two-nics-win7.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey all,

Here is my situation: My university throttles traffic to 350kbps for each user, but I only download at off-peak times and think I should get more out of the connection. I would like to somehow bond my two ethernet NICs so that I can increase throughput on the network. If someone could get me started in the right direction, or has experience doing something like this I'd appreciate the help. Basically, I want my Internet connection to be split across two NICs to increase throughput to about 700kbps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-bond-two-ethernet-nics-425692.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey there

I would like to know if there is a way to restrict the total number of NICs to one.
I would like to make sure no machines are multi-homed (connected to an internet only wireless connection, whilst connected to a corporate LAN, for instance).

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

A:Restrict ACtive NICs

Quote: Originally Posted by moo

Hey there

I would like to know if there is a way to restrict the total number of NICs to one.
I would like to make sure no machines are multi-homed (connected to an internet only wireless connection, whilst connected to a corporate LAN, for instance).

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Hi Moo,

Yes but you would need to create your own application or script that monitors each adapter that you can keep connected while disabling the others, it would require a fair amount of work however.

Steven

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/17947-restrict-active-nics.html
Relevancy 41.71%

We have a Windows server with two nics in it Nic one Server 2 issue nics is for user access to the server Nic two is connected to a switch that is used for tape backup purposes only The server is running our testing software from QuestionMark and everything is working great But they have a tool that runs from users desktop called Author Manager that allows testing administrators to edit test question answers and scoring Okay here is the problem as long as nic two is enabled the author cannot connect to the server If disabled then no problems at all No routing is enabled and a persistent static route has been added to tell all traffic is to use the default gateway of only We have seen this before with VPN client connections because checking with a tracert showed that the last connect was to the subnet but adding the persistent static route would correct that problem QM support will only say that they do not support nic servers which I find silly So the question is has anyone had this issue before and is there a way to fix it And if routing is disabled why would a nic pass its traffic off to another nic Is thier anyway to force the two nics to isolate themselves from each other nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Can someone tell me what is the proper setup for 2 NIC cards in 1 PC? My office is going to DSL and all PCs will use NICs connected to a router. However, 2 of the PCs are linked together via NIC cards and a 5 port hub. They need to stay together but also need to be able to access the internet. Currently, they connect together via the NIC and hub, and access the internet via 56k modem.

Can I just install the new NIC cards and configure them as I would any other NIC card? Or is there some protocol I need to insert to keep them distinct.

I should mention not all the PCs are the same. All are Pentiums but some are Dells and others are no-name brands running PIIs.

Thanks to anyone who can help with this.

A:Proper setup of 2 NICs in one PC

Is there an uplink port on the hub. If so you can leave them connected just use the DSL line in the uplink port.

------------------
Macky
www.houseofhelp.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/proper-setup-of-2-nics-in-one-pc.33782/
Relevancy 41.71%

I understand that I can go to a site and find a list of NICs that are supposed to be compatible with Vista. This is not what I want. The NIC I had was "certified Vista compatible" but it seems from the boards on the manufacturer's website that this is not uncommon for my card. What I would like to know is: are there any Vista users out there who are NOT having problems with their cards that would like to share brands/ models that are proven by usage to work with Vista?

A:Vista-compatible NICs

I've been working fine with Vista Home Premium with the two adapters shown in the attachment. But note that the second one is an integrated one, so you're probably not interested in that one.

Even though my gamble has paid off I don't recommend the Airlink101 unless you get it at a bargain price. Partly because it is USB but also because it is draft 1 'N.' I got lucky--it's working fine with my draft 2 'N' router, connecting consistently at a nominal 270 Mbps.

If you get 'N' make sure it is draft 2. Almost any 'G' adapter with a Vista driver should be fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-compatible-nics.720225/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I have a proxy server with NICs machine two VPN Solved: on in my office with two NICs One is connected to the broadband ADSL Modem not router and has been given Solved: VPN on machine with two NICs the IP xxx and the ADSL modem as gateway The second has a local lan IP and is connected to the local LAN and has a leased line router IP as gateway The machine is running Windows XP with Symantec AntiVirus I have a regional office with a VPN server running I can connect to this VPN server from home I can connect to this server from office when I transfer the ADSL connection to an office pc with one lan card I am unable to establish a connection to the VPN server from the proxy server I tried disabling Windows Firewall but it did not help I tried removing the gateway from the local lan NIC but this did not help either I tried adding a route dest vpn server IP mask vpn server IP gateway Broadband NIC IP ADSL Modemlocal IP Broadband gateway broadband static IP Did not work I seem to be missing something while establishing a Split Tunnel There are security issues to be addressed but only if the VPN connection is made No ports exceptions have been created since I was able to successfully connect from local machines without doing any such thing Request advice and I would be most disappointed if I learn that it cannot be done Request advice nbsp

A:Solved: VPN on machine with two NICs

Oh: I got the problem.
I have two Broadband connections: one with a wireless router, and one with an ADSL modem direct, so that there is one connection as standby always.
The router requires NATting to allow VPN, which I learnt after many failures and experiments at office and experiments at home.
One experiment at office was to try and setup FreeProxy on the proxyserver, so that I could VPN from lan machines. This port had remained, and maybe was not configured correctly. So FreeProxy may have been listeneing at 1723 and not responding properly.
Neither connection could work on the proxyserver, while the direct modem worked on other machines

I deleted the port, and was able to connect.

I now have some more questions: I am not sure whether I should open a new thread: pl advise.
1) I entered a random (valid) IP address in the 'Use the following IP address') field of the VPN connection. Have I achieved anything? The address I have entered is a Class C address. Should it be a Class A address? Will any address at all prevent bridging between the VPN and the local (my office) LAN, or between the VPN and the VPN server LAN?

Request advice: I intend to use this VPN to replace a P-to-P leased line that I currently use: and to establish inter-office communication.

Mohan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vpn-on-machine-with-two-nics.1068774/
Relevancy 41.71%

HI, here's my problem:
Have NT 4.0 sp6a and two nics
I want to config one w/ static ip and connect it to my LAn. The other using DHCP and connected to the cable modem. SO I want the static ip nic to be the proxy server I guess, and acting as a firewall. The problem is that when I run DHCP server service, I can no longer change the NIC to select the "get Ip from DCHP server" option (it's greyed out). What must I do to give one nic static IP, and the other dynamically assigned? I am running tcp/ip, and netbui protocols. Do I need to disable somthing in the bindings and restart to make the other nic able to choose to be assigned it's IP by the server, or..?????
Thanks,..ALOT

Relevancy 41.71%

I have a computer LAN all running SE and just got a cable modem installed It is running into my Dell PIII with Netgear and com cards installed So here is the problem I can t get the cards to be mutually exclusive when it comes to the TCP IP settings I have DNS enabled for the com cards 2 {Solved} NICs - as one acting because it is hooked into the cable modem {Solved} - 2 NICs acting as one but I {Solved} - 2 NICs acting as one don t want DNS enabled for the Netgear card I just want to assign a static IP so that it can talk to the other computers I have NETBEUI installed so it can but I need TCP IP for internet on the other machines Whenever I disable DNS on the netgear card it is disabled on the com and vice versa when {Solved} - 2 NICs acting as one enabling it I assigned the netgear an IP address of but Winproxy will not pick up this internal address it only picks up the dynamic IP from the cable modem I have tried this on another machine with the netgear card and a d-link card with the same results so it is either I am doing something wrong or the netgear card is goofy Any thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

hey guys, i'm getting a cable connection this weekend which is going to be rated at 15Mbps my current connection is at 15Mbps from a DSL Line. basically what i want to do is run them both through my computer which is a core i7 with 2 built in NiCs, i read somewhere that you can bridge the 2 NiCs togther inorder to create a faster connection and or improve your performance. basically all i want to do is double my connection. is this possible? i am quite smart with computers so i'm sure if its going to be hard i can accomplish it. that second NiC is going to waste without a second connection going to it.

A:2 ISPs 2 NiCs 1 Computer

You aren't going to be able to bridge a connection between two different ISP's. Also, if you think about this, you would have 2 NIC's with 2 IP addresses and 2 default gateways. So, unless you plan to set up some pretty elaborate static routes to send out some of your traffic 1 way and the rest of your traffic the other way you really aren't going to benefit from this type of configuration.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/27354-2-isps-2-nics-1-computer.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I have a problem which i cannot find a solution for 2 weeks now!

I have a PC(Windows 7, Home Premium 64bit) with two NICs, 1 wired and 1 wireless.

I use the wireless NIC to connect to the Internet (NIC IP:192.168.1.76, Gateway & DNS:192.168.1.254 - Router IP:192.168.1.254).

I use the wired NIC to connect to a VPN (NIC IP:192.168.18.76, Gateway 192.168.18.1 - No DNS there)

The problem is that when i use both wired and wireless networks together, one of them only will work. I want to have VPN and Internet access at the same time.

I think it has something to do with the gateway(can work with only one, i think) or with the routing tables to which i am very rookie at the time

I would appreciate it if anyone helped me with this.

Thanks in advance

A:1 pc 2 nics 2 networks (vpn & internet)

Well, many VPN clients don't allow split tunneling, so the VPN will disable all other network traffic when it's active.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1-pc-2-nics-2-networks-vpn-internet.938715/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a T-450 laptop running Win 7 x64, installed into a docking station. I need to connect to two different networks,  work and internal lan.I picked up a USB ethernet adapter to use.  It does work in the laptop. My issue is that I can only use one of the NICs at a time.The other NIC will report that the cable is unplugged...  Either NIC will function as long as the other NIC does not have a ethernet cable plugged in.Which ever NIC had the cable plugged in first will work, and the other reports no cable.It does not matter where the USB cable is connected, dock or laptop. Any idea how to fix this?  Thanks 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:T450 and Multiple NICs

after bridging the two NICs and removing the bridge, the NICs both see the network cable.No clue why this corrected that part....Once the NICs saw the cable, an IP address via DHCP was on both... I did lose connectivity on both though.... this was resolved via my routing tableC:\windows\system32>route print===========================================================================Interface List39...c8 d3 a3 03 16 f0 ......D-Link DUB-E100 USB2.0 Fast Ethernet Adapter17...94 65 9c 57 e0 d6 ......Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 726512...50 7b 9d 08 f2 69 ......Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (3) I218-LM1...........................Software Loopback Interface 1===========================================================================IPv4 Route Table===========================================================================Active Routes:Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 128.222.184.1 128.222.184.56 200.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 11.0.0.1 11.0.0.60 2011.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 On-link 11.0.0.60 27611.0.0.60 255.255.255.255 On-link 11.0.0.60 27611.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 11.0.0.60 276127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 On-link 127.0.0.1 306127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306127.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306128.222.184.0 255.255.255.0 On-link 128.222.184.56 276128.222.184.56 255.255.255.255 On-link 128.222.184.56 276128.222.184.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 128.222.184.56 276224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 On-link 127.0.0.1 306224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 On-link 128.222.184.56 276224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 On-link 11.0.0.60 276255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 128.222.184.56 276255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 11.0.0.60 276===========================================================================Persistent Routes:NoneI had to manually add in a gateway for the 11.0.0.0 networkC:\windows\system32>route add -p 11.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 11.0.0.1OK!and delete the default gatewayC:\windows\system32>route delete 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 11.0.0.1OK!C:\windows\system32>route print===========================================================================Interface List39...c8 d3 a3 03 16 f0 ......D-Link DUB-E100 USB2.0 Fast Ethernet Adapter17...94 65 9c 57 e0 d6 ......Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 726512...50 7b 9d 08 f2 69 ......Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (3) I218-LM1...........................Software Loopback Interface 1===========================================================================IPv4 Route Table===========================================================================Active Routes:Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 128.222.184.1 128.222.184.56 2011.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 On-link 11.0.0.60 27611.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 11.0.0.1 11.0.0.60 2111.0.0.60 255.255.255.255 On-link 11.0.0.60 27611.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 11.0.0.60 276127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 On-link 127.0.0.1 306127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306127.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306128.222.184.0 255.255.255.0 On-link 128.222.184.56 276128.222.184.56 255.255.255.255 On-link 128.222.184.56 276128.222.184.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 128.222.184.56 276224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 On-link 127.0.0.1 306224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 On-link 128.222.184.56 276224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 On-link 11.0.0.60 276255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 128.222.184.56 276255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 11.0.0.60 276===========================================================================Persistent Routes:Network Address Netmask Gateway Address Metric11.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 11.0.0.1 1===========================================================================

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T450-and-Multiple-NICs/td-p/3312441
Relevancy 41.71%

I probably posted in the wrong area but I was trying to fix a friend s laptop that had been afflicted with many types of malware Once it looked like all had been removed I was trying to get the computer online only to find that the network cards kept showing up with a yellow exclamation point in device manager under Unknown My friend doesn t have the recovery discs so I m trying to fix it without them but if it turns out that it cannot be solved I will order them for her Also the computer is running windows xp with sp I m including the dds and gmer log as well as a screenshot of device manager amp ipconfig DDS logDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton Internet my Malware has NICs? affected Security enabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS System wltrysvc exeC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system ANIWConnService exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exeC Malware has affected my NICs? Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Canon BJCard Bjmcmng exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ Malware has affected my NICs? C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Vongo VongoService exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exeC Program Files D-Link DWA- AirNCFG exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC WINDOWS system mmc exeC WINDOWS system mspaint exeF Antivirus dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www bellsouth com index htmluInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreuInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q suURLSearchHooks N A d d d - f d- c-b c -e f b - c progra inboxt Inbox dlluURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllmURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllmURLSearchHooks H - No FileBHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dllBHO HP Print Clips f -dc - -a c- f d c - c program files hp smart web printing hpswp framework dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - No FileBHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton internet security engine coIEPlg dllBHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton internet security engine IPSBHO DLLBHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c windows system BAE dllBHO d d d - f d- c-b c -e f b - c progra inboxt Inbox dllTB Easy-WebPrint c -e d- c -aa d- ac baba c - c program files canon ... Read more

A:Malware has affected my NICs?

I see that your log is properly posted, here, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the logs you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.From this point on the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Removal Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Removal Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another Malware Removal Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308700/malware-has-affected-my-nics/
Relevancy 41.71%

I had an issue with my windows server 2008 machine recently. the machine has two NIC (1 onboard and other pci network interface card )

so i notice that whenever i connect the two nic's (local and internet)
my clients or workstations on the local area subnet cannot access data or
even ping command to the server but if i remove the internet NIC they can
access data and information successfully> pls wat is the way out

A:problem of 2 NICs on Win Server

Hi, hopefully this will help you understand what is happedning.

When I set up my first service running 2008 with two NICS, I had a read of the following. Please note it is quite detailed, but it's a great education resource and should help you get your head around what's happening.

You didn't say if your clients are using DHCP or static addresses, or if both the NICs are configured on the same or different subnets, or of there are any switches or routers in the network, so I'm making a number of assumptions here.

Using the multiple NICs of your File Server running Windows Server 2008 (and 2008 R2) - Jose Barreto's Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

hth
Tanya

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/201907-problem-2-nics-win-server.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Windows 2000 server running RRAS and DHCP server servcies and it has two NICs plugged into two different networks. How can I stop DHCP serving on one of these NICs as it has it's own DHCP server. I only want DHCP available on one of the networks and let users authenticate to AD from both. Any advise would be apprecaited.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys I m confused about how to ensure two nics in Mass One PC, Two Confusion Nics, one pc Win are configured optimally My question is actually fairly basic I think to you Two Nics, One PC, Mass Confusion guys who really know networking but I m not sure where to start Two Nics, One PC, Mass Confusion after doing a lot of Google searches I saw so many other great responses in this forum that I decided its the one for me I simply want to know how to configure and how to test that my Dual Gigabyte Nics are set up for maximum LAN bandwidth Two Nics, One PC, Mass Confusion on my Win bit PC that is connected directly to a gigabyte capable router Linksys WRT N One card is a RealTek one an Intel if that matters I ve been confused by the similar terms of - Dual Nics - Nic Teaming - Link Aggreagtion - Bonding - Bridge Connections I do a lot of large transfers on my LAN that simple Be happy to post anything needed to be seen but I think I just need some clarity through the fog Thanks nbsp

A:Two Nics, One PC, Mass Confusion

There is no such functionality built-in in Windows 8. You can contact manufacturers of your NICs to see if they have drivers which will enable NIC teaming on those NICs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-nics-one-pc-mass-confusion.1091816/
Relevancy 41.71%

I've never worked with Teaming NICs before in a server environment and I'm a little confused as to how they should work.

Can I just plug in the Teaming nic? Or do I need all 3 connected? (the two Teamed NICs and the Virtual NIC).

A:Teaming NICs in a Server

vmware?

the vmware site has an article on the subject. Is this YOUR environment?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/teaming-nics-in-a-server.36886/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi all I have two network connections on my laptop - one wired and one wifi Naturally windows selects the wired connection as the default route default interface everytime I am experimenting with finding a mechanism to select which interface to use without physically disconnecting one of them Each NIC has a local static IP wifi wired I ve created a client server app the client s exists on the computer specified with the two NICs The server is on a separate computer that is also on the home network but not the same machine Basically I am looking for a way to pick different routes for the clients - not necessarily load balancing but load choice I guess I believe I am going to have to use the route command or the netsh command but every document I ve read on them is pretty crappy or I just didn t understand them I understand the conepts of routing interfaces etc When I use the route every time I get NICs, which choose Two how I manually can use? one to a response saying that interface does not exist but I am sure I am typing everything in correctly Don t know what else to do C Documents and Settings nick gt route print Interface List x MS TCP Loopback interface x bd d d f Belkin Mbps Wireless Notebook Network Adapter - Deterministic Network Enhancer Miniport x c c Realtek RTL USB Fast Ethernet Ada pter - Deterministic Network Enhancer Miniport Active Two NICs, how can I manually choose which one to use? Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric Default Gateway Persistent Routes None environment winXP pro Any clues on how to change the default route to use the wifi On the fly Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated Thanks a bunch Nick nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello my Windows Update is not working it returns the error It has been like this for several months I tried to do sfc scannow but it says quot beginning system scan This process will take some time quot and seconds help Windows Update error 80073712 (sfc, working) feature, not windows after it says quot Windows Resource Protection could not preform the requested operation quot My Windows Help and Support doesn't work either as Windows Update error 80073712 (sfc, windows feature, help not working) well as my Windows Features when I open quot Turn Windows features on Windows Update error 80073712 (sfc, windows feature, help not working) and off quot it returns a blank box I also tried the quot Windows -KB -v -x msu quot but it does not repair the error I also scanned my system with Malwarebytes Antimalware and avast to see if it was a malware or virus but i do not find anything In the other hand my date and time is working as well as my search box I do not know what I have to do I have a Windows Ultimate x Thank you for your help PS I also tried some other things but I do not remember anymore what they were

A:Windows Update error 80073712 (sfc, windows feature, help not working)

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/305813-windows-update-error-80073712-sfc-windows-feature-help-not-working.html
Relevancy 41.28%

already checked the hosts file it's not showing the site's url there.
i get this error in FF
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.
and in IE i get something about enabling TCP over Port 80 yet i can go to all of the other sites that i normally browse it's pwdatabase.com. I checked my firewall and it's not blocking the site and i don't have windows firewall enabled so that can be it either :/

Anyone got any ideas?

A:Weird thing's going on 1 site is not working

Could be a temporary glitch at their end, or somewhere down the line. I've tried and was unable to get through, either by name or IPv4 address (208.109.123.201). The only thing that I can suggest is that you wait and try again later. Sorry.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/220749-weird-things-going-1-site-not-working.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey guys this isn't my computer thats having the problem its my brother's computer The catch is that he's in Afghanistan right programs working with issue Weird not now with limited to no internet My parents computer had the exact same problem that I'm about to try and describe but it was Weird issue with programs not working resolved by reinstalling vista My brother can't do this because he doesn't have his reinstall disk and he doesn't want to lose all of his games Anyway on to the problem At first he couldn't even get it to boot up without the screening being black where it should have been the login screen Once he got it to boot up but disabling microsoft onecare he found he couldn't open any of his games and thing Weird issue with programs not working in control panel or use backup and restore Pretty much all other programs that actually start up freeze within seconds of starting When he booted it up in safemode he could do a little more but system restore still didn't work And when he tried to open onecare he got a error saying it was quot unavailible quot So any ideas I'm sure someone has had this same problem Like I said my parents had the Weird issue with programs not working exact same problem Basically their computer would boot up but nothing would work except a few things in safe mode

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/282016-weird-issue-programs-not-working.html
Relevancy 41.28%

This is just plain weird I have four speakers front and rear The speakers on the right are working but not on the left yes I ve checked my settings This is NOT a software issue Now for the quot long quot version I have a cat that likes to chew on wires Last night she bit through the speaker wire on my FRONT speakers connected to my monitor A quick patch job later and I m only getting sound from the right speaker Obvious answer would be that my patch job was bad BUT I have two WIRELESS speakers in back and only the right speaker is producing sound there as well After checking Weird! Left working. speakers not the balance and every other Windows setting you can think of I tried booting into LINUX and had the same problem no sound on the left So this Left speakers not working. Weird! is definitely a hardware problem I use an EXTERNAL USB sound quot card quot Left speakers not working. Weird! so I checked all the wires to from it They are all fine unmunched on with no bite marks The front and rear speakers aren t even plugged into the same jacks so I m clueless what they have in common Can anyone confirm whether or not a broken speaker wire to one speaker can kill audio to ALL speakers on that same side I have no way of testing the wire to ensure it s not broken somewhere along the line Too weird Please help nbsp

A:Left speakers not working. Weird!

As the feed is from an amplifier any kind of short will no doubt damage the amplifier section of the card.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/left-speakers-not-working-weird.83360/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi All I am having a small network issue which I wonder if someone could help I have two machines The first desktop machine has one wired wireless NIC working in ad hoc mode The wireless NIC was used for the private adaptor for ICS with dial-up being used for the public Wired bridge. with Wiress and NICs side My other Wired and Wiress NICs with bridge. machine a laptop had a wireless NIC with a DHCP assigned address This all worked My goal was to add a wired NIC to both Wired and Wiress NICs with bridge. so I can use the laptop usually in wireless mode at home Wired and Wiress NICs with bridge. but in wired mode at work I can also take it upstaries and plug it into the hub for faster network access I added a wired NIC to the Desktop connected to a hub I gave this an IP of I added a wired NIC to the laptop with a IP of - this worked When pluged in the wired link would be used Unfortunatly work requires the latpop to use DHCP So rather than installing a rd party DHCP server on the desktop so I didn t have to change the IP of the wired NIC on the laptop from to DHCP each time I changed locations I tried to create a bridge I briged the wired and wireless links on the desktop and gave the brige an IP of I then selected the bridge for the private side of the ICS link Everything seemed to work But the wired and wireless links on the laptop will only work individually If the wireless one was active the wired one will just sit at accuiring IP address for ever until I disable the wireless one - at which point the wired one gets an IP immediatly If anyone is still awake do they have any ideas Should you be able to do this or do the two nics need to be on different subsets Ta nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-and-wiress-nics-with-bridge.296967/
Relevancy 41.28%

It seems that when a machine has dual nics it likes to share that fact with other machines Here s my scenario I have a server ServerA with two nics when dual networks isolating nics isolating networks when dual nics One with a x x address to the corporate network and one with a x x x address for a private network When I map a drive to another server ServerB over the x x nic it also seems to share the fact that it has a x x x interface too Where I see this is on ServerB If I do a netstat command on ServerB I will see both ServerA addresses at the time of mapping the drive and periodically at other times Is there some way to setup ServerA so that the two nics are totally isolated from each other I would have thought that would be default behavior but it isolating networks when dual nics doesn t seem to be Since seeing this issue I have setup other similar scenarios with the same results Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/isolating-networks-when-dual-nics.208808/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

I would like to ask a question here hope this is the right place.

I have two NICs and two seperated network connections on Windows Vista System. I want all visits to websites that are blocked by our Corporation LAN go to the external network, so I can use my personal emails etc.
All the other applications still use corporation LAN.

1) Corporation LAN subnet: (Connection 1 - DHCP)
IP: 142.241.X.X
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 142.241.X.X

2) External network LAN subnet: (Connection 2 - DHCP)
IP: 192.168.1.X
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Is there a way? Thanks in advance.

A:Question about how to setup networking with 2 NICs

Wait till you get home to do your personal business or find a new job if you don't like the corporate policies. Asking for help to circumvent corporate security measures is against the TOS of this site.

Reported.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-how-to-setup-networking-with-2-nics.1050373/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I am very much little knowledge about networking I have read the posts of many forums but could not figure out what I should do By the way I have two pcs say named A and B both running windows XP sp A -------- - is connected to internet with a NIC say named NIC A with details ip subnetmask defaultgateway -- -- -- predefined dns -- -- -- alternate dns with connection pcs two a Nics broadband sharing three between -- -- -- - has sharing a broadband connection between two pcs with three Nics another NIC say named NIC A I want to use this to share my internet to B B ------------- - has a NIC say name it NIC B I have no hub switch or router Again I tried to share internet from NIC A but that changes the IP of NIC A which is not possible The provider gave me ip sharing a broadband connection between two pcs with three Nics address and also took the mac address of NIC A Now my question is how can I configure NIC A and NIC B so that I can use internet from B without givining any information of using this LAN to the internet provider If it is possible please let me know as early as possible step by step Thanks in advance Regards

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sharing-a-broadband-connection-between-two-pcs-with-three-nics-281690.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello.

I have two Nics installed. Is it possible to ping from a Nic of my choosing?

A:2 Nics, ping from Nic1 or Nic2

Are both of them plugged in?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/2-nics-ping-from-nic1-or-nic2-392307.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Please help, as I need all the help I can get.
Though currently clueless, I'm trying to learn.
Tired of my old router (SRX200) dropping connections, I'll be upgrading to the Netgear WNDR3700
Please recommend NICs, so I can get take advantage of the better router.
The computers are Gateway FX6800-01e, with i7-920 processor, 6GB of OCZ 1600 and have HD6850 512MB graphics cards.
The kids like to play online games, so more speed would make us all happy.
I can use wired and wireless recommendations--and am I correct in thinking that wired is faster?
TIA for your help.

Manikle

A:New router what NICs to get for surfing and gaming?

The gateway series SX, DX, FX all come with PCI-E 10/100/1000mbps onboard NIC which are pretty fast already. Just make sure you set the Network cards to 1000mbps instead of Auto. I have 3x Gateway DX myself. You have enough power. I use the Belkin N Plus Gig Wireless Router pretty quick here with no issues no drops in connections. Excellent Security features and fast WAN connections.

Wired going to be faster than wireless, but If you have some wireless N laptops you should be okay.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-router-what-nics-to-get-for-surfing-and-gaming.144758/
Relevancy 41.28%

looking to replace my server nics
lately the intels are just fading away
anyone got any feedback
I don't need gigbit anymore not going that way,but if price is right ??

regards

A:whats your pick for best server nics

Perhaps Broadcom or 3com could fit the bill.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-your-pick-for-best-server-nics.56520/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am testing Sophos UTM Firewall proxy software at home and am trying to figure out if there is any possibility to test it in a single subnet configuration I know this is the worst thing one can do in a network but for my testing this is all I have ATM I am using Hyper-V My router does not support VLANS I do not have a second router subnet same on 2 Setting up NICs firewall with to use Primary NIC on server is static with Gateway set Second NIC on server is static with NO gateway DNS pointing to LAN DNS servers only Network priority order given to primary NIC Network layout is like this Router switch lt -- gt LAN Setting up firewall with 2 NICs on same subnet lt -- gt Hyper-V Server Router switch lt -- gt LAN lt -- gt Laptop DHCP Setting up firewall with 2 NICs on same subnet Laptop uses wifi with no hardwire connection to switch as it s in a another room I was thinking of somehow setting up some sort of software router but as my laptop is wifi only this would never work The Setting up firewall with 2 NICs on same subnet only other thing I see is static routing tables in the router but I am not sure how they work as my router doesn t allow me to bind them to a port I am able to add a route as follows and it autoassigns LAN WAN Not sure if this will work for me Destination Network Subnet Mask Gateway Interface LAN amp WLAN Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-firewall-with-2-nics-on-same-subnet.1163945/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I have on networks 2 [SOLVED] NICS with the same time at 2 1 PC an interesting problem and don't know if this will work I have an XP Pro [SOLVED] 1 PC with 2 NICS on 2 networks at the same time box that needs to connect to different office networks network A - x and network [SOLVED] 1 PC with 2 NICS on 2 networks at the same time B - x but also needs to connect to a special X-ray device Network A is a workgroup of computers which has it's own router DCHP and switch to connect those computers Network B is a Domain of computers with it's own router DHCP and switch NIC will be set to an address of with no gateway and no DNS settings so that it can communicate with the X-ray machine On NIC it will be set to both networks of and again no gateway and DNS settings The X-ray machine the XP box and the two networks will all plug into a switch essentially bridging the two networks together I will also have the lmhosts file populated with Network A and B's server name and addresses The XP box will essentially communicate with the X-ray machine and then send off the X-ray to which ever server the software tells it My concern is that computers from network A might get addresses from network B and vice versa causing lots of stress when the user can't find their server Also will this XP box be able to send the files to the appropriate servers without the correct workgroup or domain name

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-1-pc-with-2-nics-on-2-networks-at-the-same-time-312008.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Why do most NIC manufacturers have the option for chaning the "duplex settings" on their NICS?

What does it do? can someone give an example?

Relevancy 41.28%

My network speed was below 22 MB/s with 1500 byte frames.

I set my X7DWA-N Intel NIC to 9000 byte frames. My Thunder K8WE to 9014 byte frames.

Dlink gaming router DGL-4300
X7DWA-N
CAT 6 Plenum Grade solid wire backbone

Dlink DGS-2205 switch
Thunder K8WE
Fedora 7 web server

Everything is CAT 6 and 1 Gbps. Vista reports 44 MB/s when copying 100 MB+ files. I am adding a DGS-2205 on the DGL-4300. The DGL-4300 does not support jumbo framing. I found how to do it in Fedora 7. Set MTU=9000 in a network file. I was expect closer to 70-80 MB/s. The Dlink DGS-2205 has a 10 Gbps fabric switch. I might put Intel server NICs in each workstation and server to match frame size. Any other suggestions?

A:Enabling Jumbo frames on NICs

Originally Posted by SCSIraidGURU

My network speed was below 22 MB/s with 1500 byte frames.

I set my X7DWA-N Intel NIC to 9000 byte frames. My Thunder K8WE to 9014 byte frames.

Dlink gaming router DGL-4300
X7DWA-N

Dlink DGS-2205 switch
Thunder K8WE
Fedora 7 web server

Everything is CAT 6 and 1 Gbps. Vista reports 44 MB/s when copying 100 MB+ files. I am adding a DGS-2205 on the DGL-4300. The DGL-4300 does not support jumbo framing. I found how to do it in Fedora 7. Set MTU=9000 in a network file. I was expect closer to 70-80 MB/s. The Dlink DGS-2205 has a 10 Gbps fabric switch. I might put Intel server NICs in each workstation and server to match frame size. Any other suggestions?

Looks like you got it all covered...Just remember if it reports 44MB/s copying files the real throughput will be 88MB/s because its reading/writing the files, so dubble any reported speed.

You can check this from the Performance Manager in taskman or Performance tools in control panel

Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/158693-enabling-jumbo-frames-nics.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Following the instructions posted here and other places, I managed to remove Police Pro 2010. However, I find that EVERY instance of a NIC (including PPOE, MiniWan, etc.) became disabled. I tried removing and then re-installing the devices, in both safe mode and standard. Windows Firewall would not start because ICS won't run (no Zone Alarm disabling it, btw). I tried netsh winsock reset, ip reset, both to no avail.

I finally ended up doing a repair install, but I'd really like to know if this was just a result of the infection or if there was something else I could have done to restore the functionality.

Thanks!

- Russ

A:Removed Police Pro, but NICs are now disabled

Not knowing what tools you ran I cannot say with certainty, but depending where it was hooked it is very possible the malware tools hosed the connection

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268148/removed-police-pro-but-nics-are-now-disabled/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi guys,

I have a server running Windows 2003 Server. It also has multiple NICs. What i want to accomplish is connect this server to my network, have that NIC get DHCP information. Then out of the other NICs have this server supply DHCP to anything that connects to it. Essencially, have this server connect to my network with a 192.168.0.x ip and host out of its other NICs a 10.x network with out dissrupting my current network.

I hope that isn't too confusing.

Thanks
-Adam

A:Solved: DHCP with multiple NICs

What was the solution?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dhcp-with-multiple-nics.588742/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,
I am rather a newbie in the networking/serverworld and hope someone can give me some guidence her.
I have following configuration: ADSL-line(=internetconnection) connected via router to hub. On the hub connected also a W2003 server. This server has two nics, so one nic connected to the hub with fixed ip-adres from the ADSL, and the other nic connected to our Lan. The server is setup as FTP-server to be used for external people exchanging file with people on our LAN.
Because I want to have this to be secure and I don't know how to configure this on the ftp-server I hope some of you can help me in this. (eg. need i to install extra firewall, need i to configure special setting in the ftp etc)
Thank you for replies on this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2003-firewall-between-internet-and-lan-with-two-nics.229116/
Relevancy 41.28%

Here is my list Let me know it you see any problems Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS onboard nics connect with unable to System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS System Wintab exe C WINDOWS System unable to connect with onboard nics inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin Tmntsrv exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin pccguide exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCClient exe C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin Pop trap exe C unable to connect with onboard nics WINDOWS System LXSUPMON EXE C Documents and Settings greg Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http forums techguy org index php s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS System blank htm O - BHO no name - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - HKLM Run pccguide exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin pccguide exe quot O - HKLM Run PCCClient exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin PCCClient exe quot O - HKLM Run Pop trap exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro PC-cillin Pop trap exe quot O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsers O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Microsoft Works WkDetect exe O - HKLM Run MsmqIntCert regsvr s mqrt dll O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run LXSUPMON C WINDOWS System LXSUPMON EXE RUN O - HKLM Run WheelMouse C PROGRA A Tech Mouse Amoumain exe O - HKLM Run nForce Tray Options sstray exe r O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKCU Run Profiler C Program Files Saitek Software Profiler exe O - Global Startup Exif Launcher lnk C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console HKLM O - Extra button ICQ Pro HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem ICQ HKLM O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Messenger HKLM O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CAB O - DPF FB -C - D - F- A C F mhLabel Class - http www pcpitstop com mhLbl cab O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x unicode iuctl CAB O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hullo,

I have a server that has (2) NIC cards attached to two seperate networks.

1 NIC
192.168.0.X

2nd NIC
192.165.0.X

I need to have traffic come in on the 1st NIC and be routed to another workstation on the 2nd NIC's subnet. Is this possible?

Tanks....

Relevancy 41.28%

I have a client with a system at their office mostly used via a remote access teamviewer from exec's home Remote location They have satellite internet Very slow for any kind of remote because of ms latency They want to put a Verizon hotspot by it and add a wifi stick to the desktop LG is much faster So for in-house connections it & 2 Win7 traffic? (or in nics 10) direct would still use wired ethernet There needs to be some directing traffic to this Teamviewer would need to use 2 nics in Win7 (or 10) & direct traffic? the wifi nic Ideally any browsing by anyone sitting at that system should use the ethernet so not 2 nics in Win7 (or 10) & direct traffic? to use up the cell data plan I suppose I could use a router with two wan ports and load balancing that I could program certain services through one wan and the rest through the other but that's getting into a sophisticated solution for a small problem Is there a way in Win or if we upgrade to win to use the two nics and direct traffic Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fdd9514d-c77b-4963-b19e-110677fd920d/2-nics-in-win7-or-10-amp-direct-traffic?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 41.28%

Im shopping for a new mobo and am starting to see them coming out with two nics more and more. I am wondering what can be done with them?? Can you bind them for double the throughput? Or what do most people do with them? I have a FIOS connection and am curious if this will help me utilize it to its fullest......

A:Dual Nics on a Desktop Mobo

Truthfully, for most people, there's nothing really useful about the dual NIC's. I have one disabled on the machines I have here, just to keep it out of my way. You won't see any performance increase for FiOS with multiple connections. I have gigabit Ethernet in my network, and 20mbit FiOS connections. Obviously, the bottleneck is not the gigabit Ethernet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-nics-on-a-desktop-mobo.775421/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am running the RTM version of windows 8 on my laptop and get an error code 720 when I try and connect to my VPN service. The VPN worked fine for a few weeks and then stopped working giving me the "Error 720 - A connection to the remote computer could
not be established." I've switched VPN servers and turned off firewalls which have not resolved the issue. I'm hoping that it is just a bug in the yet to be released OS because before I started receiving the error 720, internet connection sharing would not
work using the VPN either. Has anyone experienced the same issue and know the fix?

A:Windows 8 VPN not working - error 720

I tried all the solutions you recommended and I hit a brick wall for one reason or another during the process. I couldn't uninstall TCP/IP because it wasn't an option and the netsh would not run without admin privileges even though I was logged in under
my admin account. I ended up doing a system refresh which fixed the error. This machine has gone through vista to 7 and now 8 so losing all the old "baggage" applications probably isn't a terrible thing.
I'm still having issues with the apps from the start screen (xbox music, news, video, etc.) telling me they aren't connected to the internet while I am using my VPN service. I will post that issue in a separate posting.
Thanks for all your assistance. I still think there are some inherent bugs in 8 that need to be worked out, but that is to be expected from any new OS.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/783d8384-8880-494b-b011-7cc85ec6919d/windows-8-vpn-not-working-error-720?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 41.28%

My computer is having an extremely weird error. I bought the PC a few months ago and the internet worked fine, but a few days ago the internet suddenly stopped working. Whenever I try to use pretty much any internet related program, it will try to connect but get the following message (this is in IE):
Connecting through WAN miniport (PPPOE).
Error 678. The remote computer did not respond.

What makes this problem extremely confusing is that steam works. I can play games such as CS:S online, but not use the Steam Browser.
My guess is that it has something to do with ports, but I have hardly any idea.
Please help
Thanks,
Tiget.

A:Error 678. The remote computer did not respond. -VERY weird error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-678-the-remote-computer-did-not-respond-very-weird-error.841475/
Relevancy 40.85%

Lately, my Samsung CD ROM drive has not been working. It can play audio CDs, but not games or any other cds. Besides that whenever I put a CD in my computer starts making weird grinding noises. I have tried many CDS I(some brand new ones) and it still refuses to work. It is a fairly new computer. No viruses. My device manager says that the drive is fine.

I may have to open my computer, but I don't know how to do that either and I really can't afford to break my computer over this. PLEASE HELP ME!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-drive-not-working-and-making-weird-noises.713291/
Relevancy 40.85%

Lately i ve been getting weird redirects from google searches that i usually search all the time such as Facebook or Gamespot or IGN working and Chrome redirects!!! weird Help! Google not and when i would click on the link I would get redirected to a very poor sometimes advertising made website and each time i would hit the back button it would automatically redirect me to another site or the same site The only way i could get back to my google searches was by going to my Help! Google Chrome not working and weird redirects!!! history and going to the searches and the only way to avoid the redirects again was to open the link in a different tab Also my Google Chrome Browser stopped working only the bookmarks bar Help! Google Chrome not working and weird redirects!!! URL bar and Tabs show anything else below is completely white and anytime i try going to a different site it stays white I already downloaded Help! Google Chrome not working and weird redirects!!! Malware Bytes and did a complete scan and nothing came up same with AVG and Spybot Search and Destroy I m not sure what i need to do and i need help Also each time i restart my computer i have to restart it or times because each time i log on to my account the monitor is black My windows theme will change randomly without me doing it from Windows Vista to Windows Classic P S I have Windows Vista on a Desktop I do not know the exact problem if you need any more information just ask Bumped Version nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-google-chrome-not-working-and-weird-redirects.956515/