Windows Support Forum

How much memory is needed to run vista smoothly?

Q: How much memory is needed to run vista smoothly?

how much ram is needed to run vista smoothly?

i just bought a dell xps 1210 laptop and its kinda slow and choppy i only have a gig of ram

and will the laptop still function if i just take out the ram in it right now and go buy a better one at frys? will any of them work?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How much memory is needed to run vista smoothly?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 57.19%

I was wondering if there was a reference page anywhere on this site with tips to keep Vista clean. I.e. defragging and other maintanence.

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi - Ive been getting > Analysis needed BSOD Needed] Vista. [Vista in yet another Help Hardware with a few different blue screens of Death errors ever since I bought my new PC I bought the parts on and built it myself had previous experience My specs Mobo - Asus P N -E SLI Chip - intel Core Duo E OS - Vista Home Premium GPU - Inno D Help needed with yet another BSOD in Vista. [Vista > Hardware Analysis Needed] GTS OC MB Ram - Kingston G Mhz PC X HD - Segate g Sata x All drivers that are being used are from the part manufacturers and are the latest I have also flashed the MOBO with the latest firmware The BSOD often occured when I was playing Games at maxed settings - so Help needed with yet another BSOD in Vista. [Vista > Hardware Analysis Needed] I tried lower Help needed with yet another BSOD in Vista. [Vista > Hardware Analysis Needed] settings with no change Soon enough BlueScreens were happening with an idilling desktop I have had different errors see below and one re-occuring a - I ve only had different ones since i turned off auto-reset - cause i cant write that quick lol Here are the error messages in full A x - x c ef- x - x E xc d- x dff - b c b - b c F x - x - x - x A x - x ff- x - x c f f E xc - x df e - xa b c- x I suppose what Im after is for some one to tell me if i been sold faulty hardware or if its Vista compatablilty or even my incorrect build and setup I havent included the minidump for reasons - - dont know how and - ive done a cleanup and removed all of them since my quot maxi quot dump files were over gig I ll include them as soon as it happens again anyhow if someone has alittle knowledge and suggestions for me to try - It would be appreciated thx EDIT-Ive also since done a registry clean out using Abexo Regestry cleaner yet to see if it works EDIT - just went off to play ETquakewars Demo and had this blue screen - x A x - x - x - x c c EDIT - Then surfed for a bit on the net - only to get this error - x A x ffffff- x - x - x de Edit - Now this x E xc - x b cc- xa e c c- x nbsp

A:Help needed with yet another BSOD in Vista. [Vista > Hardware Analysis Needed]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-needed-with-yet-another-bsod-in-vista-vista-hardware-analysis-needed.643159/
Relevancy 49.45%

I've been looking at the Surface Pro and other tablet/laptop convertible machines fitted with Win 8. The top-end models usually offer only flash memory in stead of a hard drive. The standard 128 GB flash memory available seems hopelessly inadequate for storing Win 8, a full range of programs and a decent amount of data. Most of these thin, expensive models have only one or two USB ports available. Where must the necessary memory come from? Must an external hard drive be carried along? Nothing wears a USB port out more quickly than a fairly heavy external device such as a hard drive dangling from it in mobile situations.

A:Lack of needed memory on flash memory Win 8 machines

You can add extra storage with SD cards on some of them. It's not ideal but better than nothing I guess.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/21841-lack-needed-memory-flash-memory-win-8-machines.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i have a dell inspiron 1501 and when i check my memory it says i only have 446 mb of ram when they only make 512mb now so i was told before that my memory was being shared with my video memory so i was wondering how to seperate it

A:ram memory help needed

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Since you have laptop, your only option is to add more ram.

The only way to eliminate the use of onboard graphics is to install a video card, and AFAIK that can't be with laptops.

I would recommend having closer to 1gb of ram with Vista anyway. It's a memory hog.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ram-memory-help-needed-171476.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,

I might buy memory for my really slow computer, but first I have to know how it costs and what type I would need.

I have a

Dell XPS R450
Intel Pentium II Processor
448 MHz
128 MB of RAM.

I was thinking of getting another 128 of ram, thinking it will speed up my computer a lot.

Does anyone know if my theory is true, that it will speed up my computer?

And also what type would I need and how much will it cost?

Thanks a lot!

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello

My system get slow on some program. Could more memory help to accelerate them

PC Q99600 Asus P5B 2.4Mhz
Memory 6G
Windows 64

Drive: SSD 128K

I understand the limit of 3G for the old Windows XP. My Win 7 is 64, but many applications ( majority) do run under 32bit. I suppose that these programs running under 32 bit have the same limitation about the memory.

- Could increasing my memory could help to get better performance?
- Should I select to run Microsoft Office in 64 and all available software in 64?

Is it a good idea to overclock (within the limit) and proper heatsink?

Any info appreciated

Martin

A:More memory needed?

You should definitely use 64-Bit programs when available. I don't think you really need more RAM unless you are running out of space. If you know what you are doing as far as overclocking goes, then I say yes(if you have a overclock-able CPU).

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/226812-more-memory-needed.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My laptop has 2 GB ram total in 2 sticks and im wanting to add more, I have scanned with Crucial and got the memory info I need but am a bit confused over the numerous types of the stick I need.Crucial says I have DDR2-PC2 5300 unbuffered NON-ECC 1.8v 256MEG x 64,,,I am not sure what all that means and so could someone tell me which I need, I have searched and there is lots of DDR2 PC2 5300 but with numerous stats after and I don't know which will fit my laptop

A:Memory help needed

Most RAM will be non-ECC and that's what you want.

It's nearly always mentioned in the specifications at the seller's site, whether that is Newegg, Amazon, or Crucial.

You could buy directly from Crucial if you want. Or get the Crucial part number and locate it at somewhere like Newegg.

Or buy another good brand like Kingston, Corsair, or Gskill.

You should also probably go to the laptop manufacturer's web site and locate your laptop. There should be a specification sheet for that laptop that will tell you the maximum memory it can take and what the specs must be. Pay attention to that.

The Crucial configurator is highly accurate, but not perfect.

The main things to pay attention to are the voltage, ECC or non-ECC, buffered or unbuffered, type (DDR 2, DDR 3, etc), speed (PC2 5300 for instance). You also need to make sure you are getting the right DIMM specification---DDR2 for a laptop is typically 200 pin, as far as I know.

Here's a bunch of DDR2 200 pin DIMMs at Newegg. All of it 1.8 volt, but varying speeds and latencies.

Computer Hardware, Memory, Laptop Memory, New, DDR2 400 (PC2 3200), DDR2 533 (PC2 4200), DDR2 667 (PC2 5200), DDR2 667 (PC2 5300), DDR2 800 (PC2 6400... - Newegg.com

Are you replacing your existing RAM? Or keeping it and adding more? I assume you just have 2 RAM slots? If you have 2 slots and are replacing all existing RAM, you'd need to buy a set of 2 sticks sold as a single unit--either two sticks of 2 GB each (4 GB total) or 2 sticks of 4 GB each (8 GB total), whatever you want.

If you have Windows 32 bit and have no intentions of moving to 64 bit, there's no reason whatsoever to get more than 4 GB of RAM, total. So, you'd get a set of two 2 GB sticks, for a total of 4 GB.

Here's the Newegg list of 4 GB DDR2 laptop kits, non-ECC, 1.8 volt, 200 pin, PC2-5300:

Memory help needed

I'd probably get one of the lower priced Mushkins or the $45.39 Crucial; no need to spend more.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/381485-memory-help-needed.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an older Toshiba laptop,P205-S7806. I want to upgrade the memory but was told it came with 2gb and that's all it can hold,it is a 32bit. I am not computer savvy by no means so please any help,make it simple. I was told I could change it from the 32bit to 64bit,is this really easy and then can I use more memory..thanks for any help you give me..

A:Memory needed

They were correct, 2GB is the max for your notebook.

Memory Upgrade for Toshiba Satellite P205-S7806 Laptop
Crucial® Memory Advisor results for the Toshiba Satellite P205-S7806 Laptop/Notebook.
Toshiba Satellite P205-S7806 Memory Upgrades

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-needed.191223/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

I need some help. My PC is shutting down down every now telling that my memory is not enough.

Can any one help me to clean up my memory and also see if there is no virus affected or hacked.

I have also a small pb, my spybot starts whenever i open my PC. It is the first application that works even before any other application starts. can any one help me to configure it so it is opening not at the beginning but only when i want it?

Relevancy 43.43%

I have a co-worker asking me what memory card does he need to expand his memory and I don't have a clue. I tried looking on some retailer sites and I just get more confused. He has an older computer and this is what he has;

Compaq 4400US Series 4000
Intel Celeron 1.3 ghz
128 mb Syncdram total system memory
40 gb ultradma hard drive
24xmax cd-rw drive with easy cd creator software
56k v.90 modem
MS windows xp home

Any advice you can give me that I can pass on to him would be appreciated.

A:What Memory Card is Needed

From your summary of the system he definitely does need to add RAM. It looks as though he has SDRam installed and that's getting harder to get now. If he wants to try getting it I would go for 2 sticks of SDRam, each stick having a capacity of 256meg (total 512meg). The system is only capable of seeing 512 meg of RAM and can only be installed via the 2 chip method I described above. Also, it appears that the Presario 4400US uses proprietary RAM which means buying it through HP/Compaq. Generic RAM is most likely not going to work in it.

Suggest to your friend that it would probably be a good time to upgrade to a more modern system. Any money spent on that system will be dead money as most of the parts won't be compatible with an upgraded system (especially the RAM).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/what-memory-card-is-needed-291505.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey Memory REALLY needed? Most expensive Guys I have noticed Most expensive Memory REALLY needed? that whenever you go to a site that sells memory and they have a Memory configurator that has you enter your MB or system it ALWAYS comes back recommending their most expensive memory modules Now I don t doubt that you need the best memory possible if you are doing extensive graphics or video work But for an old or so HP Compaq Presario V laptop that will mostly be used for surfing the net viewing some youtube videos and writing some CDs wouldn t somewhat cheaper memory suffice It uses DDR PC Non ECC The poor laptop was given to me recently and it runs like a turtle right now all it needs is memory The computer is in excellent condition and looks new WinXP Pro shows something like megs of memory I assume the two memory sticks it now has are megs apiece I m going to install Gs but the price runs from about G to G I would prefer not have to spend on this memory if I don t need to I would like to go with a mid price range What do you think By the way I will be staying with WinXP Pro and or Linux on this machine even after support ends next year I am sure the only thing I could upgrade to on this is Vista and I don t like it nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145503 is that memory any better then this memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820221133

or is it just a big money game...i eman im building a pc for $3000 and i want good stuff but i don't wanna spend UNNECESSARY money on such a stupid mistake like choosing the memory. i have read the reviews on both kidns of memory and there both excellent...so now i ask for help...which is the ebtter value ALL around(not jsut money)
some opinions would be great on this subject

Thanks to all who contribute any opinions!

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

i need to upgrade my memory. I know that i already have SDRAM installed. Is this all you need to know when purchasing more?

In case not, I have copied and pasted the details of my computer, hoping that someone can advise me about what kind of memory i need to go out and buy.

Thanks in advance.

cubbycuddly

System Alphacode Search

Alpha Code U117 System Name Studio Writer
Description U117 STUDIO WRITER

Processor Athlon 800 Memory 128MB SDRAM
Cache 0K Graphics INTEL 4XAGP GRAPHICS
Mainboard MS-6340 KM Case MICRO ATX TOWER
I/O PCI IDE (ENHANCED) PSU Delta DPS-145PB-111 A Rev00
FDD A 1.44MB FDD B NONE
HDD 1 30GB HDD 2 NONE
Comms 56K Modem-CNR

Restore Pack Restore Pack 1: V1.4 ME Extras CD

Addition Tiny Extras CD V1.5 Addition DVD Rom 6x
Addition CDRW Addition Onboard Wavetable 32
comments

A:memory needed but unsure

This should be what you need

SDRAM, PC133 • CL=2 • Unbuffered • Non-parity • 7.5ns • 3.3V

You can check using www.crucial.com configurator, although there are about 5 different motherboards with that number they looked like they all used the above, the last configuration info on the above is missing as that changes with the size of the chip you but

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-needed-but-unsure.112332/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Everyone,

I have an MSI K7T266 Pro 2 motherboard with 2 x 256MB 184 pin PC2100 DDR SDRAM installed. It has 3 memory banks 2 of which are populated

Is it possible to upgrade the memory on this motherboard to PC2700 or PC3200 (DDR400)? The manual says it supports PC1600 & PC2100 "At the time of writing" Does this mean it might support future memory upgrades?

Can I mix memory types? eg Could I leave the existing 2 x 256MB PC2100 modules there and add say 1GB of PC2700 or PC3200 to fill the vacant third slot?

Thanks for your help.

Byn

A:Memory Upgrade Help Needed

Im sorry to say that this board will only support up to ddr 2100. Only a newer motherboard that supports ddr 2700 can handle that kind of memory. If the motherboard did support 2700. Sure you could mix and match, but it would only run at the slowest speed. Since a 2100 cant run at 2700.

I hope this answers your question....

TC
rockin'male

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-upgrade-help-needed.277425/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am looking to upgrade the memory in my Compaq Presario S7150. I currently have 256mb and i'm looking to stick in another 256 or possibly 512.

The only problem is i dont have a clue what type is supposed to go in.

Please could someone tell me how i find out what type i need because its driving me mad looking for it.

As you may have guessed i'm not that technical, so any replies in ***** speak would be appreciated.

Cheers

A:Type of memory needed

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...roduct=411351&lang=en&cc=us&docname=c00100539

Keep in mind you only have 2 memory slots. Id get the 512mb.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/type-of-memory-needed.18289/
Relevancy 43.43%

Vista X64 Business
8 gigs ram, Bios set to use all of it. .

currently open:
windows task manager
resource monitor
ie 7, thee windows
windows explorer

windows task master says:
Memory graph - 1.55 GIGS used

Physical memory box
Total 8190
Cached 7119
Free 17

Resource monitor says
19% used, which would be 1.55

so why am i cahching so much memory? or is the cahced memory inaccrate calculation?

thanks

sportsguy

A:Memory interpretation needed

I'd suggest not worrying about memory usage statistics unless you're a developer tweaking your code or you're experiencing problems which you suspect could be related to (lack of) available memory.

The days when "used" and "free" memory were complimentary numbers which would add up to your total installed RAM are long gone. Even XP and Win2K no longer worked that way. To give you an example, in Task Manager parlance "available" means the memory is unassigned, or it is assigned but can be quickly repurposed, or it is assigned but is already in the process of being repurposed.

Vista also adds "superfetch" which attempts to move stuff into memory proactively based on your past usage patterns - portions of an app may already be occupying memory because the OS suspects you're about to use them.

If there's no perceptible problem, don't worry about the numbers.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/223910-memory-interpretation-needed.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I need a memory test for an issue with Chrome
Was asked by a Global Moderator to post here

Thanks

www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584096/chrome-hes-dead-jim/#ipboard_body 

A:Memory test needed

Hi f-ingComputer You can test your RAM sticks using Memtest86+. I suggest you to run a test on each stick individually, this way if one is bad, you'll be able to identify it right away and not have to repeat the process on each of them. Be sure to test all your RAM sticks.Follow the instructions in the thread below. They are pretty straightforward and easy to follow.http://www.sysnative.com/forums/hardware-tutorials/3909-test-ram-memtest86.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584422/memory-test-needed/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey Guys Was Wondering If Anyone Could Reccomend 2? DDR memory audio or for DDR More P.C! needed Some Suitable Ram Uprgrades For My P c I Have A Carillon Ac- Audio P c I m Looking To Spend Around Gbp But Im Willing To Shop Around I Use The P c Mainly For Audio Puporses But Also Play The Latest Games So I Need Something Fairly Good The Audio Software I Use Is Cubase Sl And Kontakt Often With Lots Of Plug-ins I Have Noticed That When I Have Alot Of Instruments Loaded In My Sampler kontakt That There Are Little Glitches And I Get Low Memory Warnings So I Need To Get Somehthing To Fix This I Am A Little Confused Between Ddr And Ddr What Are The Differences And Benifits Also What Are The Different pc Speeds For AND WHAT EXACTLY DOES DUAL CHANNEL MEMORY DO Anyhelp Would Be Greatly Appreciated More memory needed for audio P.C! DDR or DDR 2? Regards Processor Intel Pentium MHz Motherboard AsRock i GV Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM Cooling Zalman Silent CPU Cooler Videocard Leadtek Winfast A TDH Geforce Soundcard Speakers E-mu Hard Disk s GB Seagate Baracuda Other Drives DVD RW Drive Case Carillon AC- Other Peripherals E-Mu X-Board nbsp

A:More memory needed for audio P.C! DDR or DDR 2?

hello tyleronline your pc looks like it takes ddr pc 3200 ram do you courintly have 2x 256 or one 512 gb sitck of ram in your computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/more-memory-needed-for-audio-p-c-ddr-or-ddr-2.39298/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have the laptop hard drive Hard needed Laptop Vista Help Drive to Vista Desktop with Vista Ultimate bit installed Disk E with one partition Disk G connected via sata to my desktop with Vista Ultimate bit Installed I can gain access to the partition Disk G just fine but when I try to access the main disk E Windows explorer freezes or takes a long time to load the disk restarts and then asks me to reformat Disk E I'm thinking two Vista Laptop Hard Drive to Vista Desktop Help needed things could cause this Disk E has Vista Ultimate bit as the OS and my desktop with Vista Ultimate bit simply can't access it due to the known compatibility issues bit os's are known for or because I put a password on my laptop in order to log into Vista Ultimate bit I just got a Sata ide to usb adapter when I plug in the laptop hard drive to my desktop via usb it installs the Hitachi drivers but I dont see the actual drive in my computers this is the one I got http www newegg com Product Produc E

Relevancy 43.43%

I reinstalled Vista not too long ago and things seemed to be going smoothly Then one day I noticed that the computer would stop responding and would stay like that for long periods of time It would eventually fix but about a minute later it would freeze again and stay that way for about five minutes Well the first time it happened I just ignored it by restarting the computer For a long time it had all Solved: memory then little memory uses uses Vista constantly... stopped doing that Until recently though it has been doing it again and I have no idea why The strange thing is I haven t installed anything recent except a few games and I haven t messed with anything crucial to windows Another thing I don t even have to touch the computer or activate anything it ll just do it Solved: Vista uses little memory then uses all memory constantly... automatically watch as no programs run yet Vista will off and on take up all the memory The quot Freeze quot moments will last a good - minutes and I may have a good minute before it uses up all mb of memory again Also sometimes restarting will fix it for a while while sometimes I can restart and it ll happen instantly Here is what happens whenever it starts doing what I am talking about Sorry that the picture is so big It ll use up all the ram then it ll lower a bit But things won t work still then it ll lower to about mb of memory I can do stuff during that time but eventually it ll kick back up to using all mb of memory Yes I know I should have a lot more for Vista but this is how HP packed my computer and I have too long of a story when I tried to upgrade it long story short the memory sticks which were suppose to work fine and dandy with my computer nearly destroyed the Laptop Here is a snippit of all the processes that are running on my computer Any information about this would be great I just bought a tb hard drive so if I have to reinstall Vista to fix this problem that ll be no problem Edit Forgot my system specs I have a HP Pavilion DV wm Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack gig of Ram Ghz of memory nVidia GeForce m nForce m Dual-Core Processor x AMD Anthlon something something something Hope that s enough nbsp

A:Solved: Vista uses little memory then uses all memory constantly...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-uses-little-memory-then-uses-all-memory-constantly.899836/
Relevancy 43%

I bought the upgrade to Windows Vista about days ago and still have not been able to install it because of one nagging compatibility Vista from needed installation[moved vista with forum] Help issue Everytime I get to the point in the installation process where the software checks installed programs for compatability before proceeding I get the following message You must make the following changes Help needed with Vista installation[moved from vista forum] before installing Windows Close Windows installation go to Programs and uninstall the following programs Roxio Backup MyPC The compatibility report will be saved to the current Windows desktop I never saw Roxio Help needed with Vista installation[moved from vista forum] Backup MyPC in my programs list or in the Add Remove Programs window but I am very sure I have uninstalled every program with the word Roxio in it I also learned that Sonic Backup MyPC might also cause Vista to not install but as far as I can see I don't have anything involving Sonic installed either Below you find a HijackThis log Maybe there is something almost hidden in my computer associated with these programs that is still preventing Vista from installing Thanks in advance for your help Mark Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logishrd lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS system wwSecure exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files HighCriteria TotalRecorder TotRecSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam QuickCam exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA AWS WEATHE Weather exe C Program Files IE New Window Maximizer iemaximizer exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional SMSystemAnalyzer exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr LVComSX exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ EXE C Program Files XModuleSB XModuleSB exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http dell myway com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Interne... Read more

A:Help needed with Vista installation[moved from vista forum]

moved you to the correct forum one of the security experts will help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-needed-with-vista-installation-moved-from-vista-forum-139528.html
Relevancy 43%

I am getting messages saying that my" minimum virtual memory is low". Computer is accessing the hard drive a-lot. I would appreciate some advice on how much memory I can safely allocate to virtual memory.

Many Thanks.
GreggG

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name OWNER-M6BJGG3SD
System Manufacturer Compaq Presario 061
System Model DW256A-ABA SR1030N NA510
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2166 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.05, 4/23/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"

Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 91.06 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.35 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Relevancy 43%

Hi Everyone I currently have the following memory installed in my computer X MB x Mx DDR - SDRAM PC - - CL up to MHz CL up to MHz pin I don t understand all that but that s what s showing as the type of RAM I have The following is what I Needed Solved: Help Memory Upgrade m considering buying but I m not sure if it Solved: Memory Upgrade Help Needed will be compatible with what I ve listed above They say it s backward compatible but I don t know I d appreciate Solved: Memory Upgrade Help Needed your advice and opinion Thanks JEDEC Standard -pin Dual In-Line Memory Module x DDR Mhz Pin DIMM Module Performance PC DQ DQ Burst Frequency MHz Inputs and outputs are SSTL- compatible SDRAM have internal banks for concurrent operation Differential clock inputs Data is read or written on Solved: Memory Upgrade Help Needed both clock edges Bi-directional data strobe with one clock cycle preamble and one-half clock post-amble Address and control signals are fully synchronous to positive clock edge Programmable Operation Burst Type Sequential or Interleave Burst Length Operation Burst Read and Write Auto Refresh CBR and Self Refresh Modes Automatic and controlled precharge commands Serial Presence Detect SDRAMs in FBGA Package RoHs compliance nbsp

A:Solved: Memory Upgrade Help Needed

by: The best way to buy compatible memory is to use a Memory finder from one of the companies that manufacture or sell Memory sticks.
Go to www.crucial.com and use thier memory advisor. It's free to use and they will recommend and guarantee the memory will work.
You will need to know your computer's name (Dell, e-Machines, HP, etc) or the motherboard name.
Another source is www.computer-memory-store.com.
The stick you're looking at will probably work, but why take chances?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-upgrade-help-needed.595468/
Relevancy 43%

I need advice as to the best way to upgrade the memory on my custom built desktop computer. It is presently outfitted with two 512MB DDR PC2700 modules and has one empty slot. The motherboard (Soyo SY-P4X400 Dragon Ultra Platinum Edition) can apparently handle PC3200 and up to 2 GB of DDR 400. I'm uncertain as to whether to scrap the two existing memory modules and install two 1MB strips of DDR 400 - PC3200 OR to fill the empty slot with a 1MB strip of the foregoing. I'm obviously in over my head and would appreciate any suggestions. BTW, the unit is running a Pentium 4 processor and Windows XP Pro. I'm not a "gamer" but I do run multiple programs all day and my rig has become agonizingly slow.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 43%

I have a Palm TX and am thinking about expanding its memory with a 2-Gig SD card. I looked at Crucial.com and they list only one chip at $160; but, when I search at BizRate.com, prices start at $70 and go up from there.

I want to get thie best bang for the buck; but, this vast difference makes me suspicious.

Is there a significant difference in the performance of these chips? Also, I will probably be using this chip for transporting and storing miscellaneous data from time to time and I don't want to get stuck with some chip of inferior speed/performance.

I don't want to get down the road and find out when its to late that I have a chip that doesn't perform as well as its specifications said it did.

Are there any sites that rate these chips based on objective tests?

Relevancy 43%

Is there a place in control panel that I can go that will tell me if I need to buy PC 100 or PC 133 memory?

The processor is 333 Pentium.

Relevancy 42.57%

i just bought a new dell desktop the dimension 2400
it has

p4 2.8 ghz
512 mb of ram
80 gb hdd

im just using it for reg web surfing and webdesign will it be able to handle that speedy or lagg alot?

A:how smoothly will this run?

im just using it for reg web surfing and webdesign Click to expand...

There is nothing to stress the components in either of these two items so no it will be fine for what your doing its high processor or memory usage applications that will make the PC slow down such as gaming or high end media type stuff.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-smoothly-will-this-run.266641/
Relevancy 42.57%

My PC specs is as following will I be able to run Windows Pro smoothly Central Processor s AMD Athlon X ---------------------------------------------------- General Information Processor Name AMD Athlon X Original Processor Freqency MHz Original Processor Freqency MHz CPU ID FB Extended CPU ID FB CPU Brand Name AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor CPU Vendor AuthenticAMD CPU Stepping BH-F CPU Code Name Windsor CPU Platform Socket AM Number of CPU Cores Number of Logical CPUs Operating Points CPU HFM I Smoothly? Can 7 run Win Maximum MHz x MHz V CPU Can I run Win 7 Smoothly? Current MHz x MHz V CPU Bus Type Hyper-Transport v Maximum Supported Hyper-Transport Link Clock MHz Current Hyper-Transport Link Clock MHz Cache and TLB Can I run Win 7 Smoothly? L Cache Instruction KBytes Data KBytes L Cache Integrated x KBytes Instruction TLB Fully associative entries Data TLB Fully associative entries P I ROM Can I run Win 7 Smoothly? Status Not Present Memory General information Total Memory Size GBytes Total Memory Size MB Current Performance Settings Current Memory Clock MHz Current Timing tCAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS - - - Memory Runs At Dual-Channel Motherboard Model ASUSTeK Computer INC M N-MX SE Plus Motherboard Chipset nVidia nForce - Motherboard Slots xPCI xPCI Express x BIOS BIOS Manufacturer American Megatrends BIOS Date BIOS Version Super-IO LPC Chip ITE IT F Rev J K Trusted Platform Module TPM Chip Not Found ATK ACPI UTILITY ------------------------------------------------------ Device Name ATK ACPI UTILITY Mainboard Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC Mainboard Name M N-MX SE Plus Mainboard Version Rev x xx Mainboard Serial Number MF G Asset Tag To Be Filled By O E M Location in chassis To Be Filled By O E M Processor Processor Manufacturer AMD Processor Version AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor External Clock MHz Maximum Clock Supported MHz Current Clock MHz CPU Socket Populated CPU Status Enabled Processor Type Central Processor Processor Voltage V Processor Upgrade Unknown Socket Designation AM L -Cache ------------------------------------------------------------------ Socket Designation L -Cache Cache State Enabled Cache Type Internal Data Cache Scheme Write-Through and Write-Back Supported SRAM Type Pipeline Burst Current SRAM Type Pipeline Burst Cache Speed Unknown Error Correction Type Maximum Cache Size KBytes Installed Cache Size KBytes Cache Associativity -way Set-Associative L -Cache ------------------------------------------------------------------ Socket Designation L -Cache Cache State Enabled Cache Type Internal Unified Cache Scheme Write-Through and Write-Back Supported SRAM Type Pipeline Burst Current SRAM Type Pipeline Burst Cache Speed Unknown Error Correction Type Maximum Cache Size KBytes Installed Cache Size KBytes Cache Associativity -way Set-Associative Memory Devices ------------------------------------------------------------ Memory Controller --------------------------------------------------------- Error Detecting Method -bit ECC Error Correction None Supported Interleave -Way Current Interleave -Way Max Memory Module Size MBytes Supported Memory Speed ns ns Supported Memory Type DIMM SDRAM Supported Memory Voltage V Associated Memory Slots DIMM --------------------------------------------------------------------- Socket Designation DIMM Memory Type DIMM Memory Speed ns Installed size MBytes Enabled size MBytes DIMM --------------------------------------------------------------------- Socket Designation DIMM Memory Type DIMM Memory Speed ns Installed size MBytes Enabled size MBytes Total Width bits Data Width bits Device Size MBytes Device Form Factor DIMM Device Locator DIMM Bank Locator BANK Device Type DDR SDRAM Device Type Detail Synchronous Memory Speed MHz Manufacturer Manufacturer Serial Number SerNum Part Number PartNum Asset Tag AssetTagNum Video Adapter nVIDIA nForce SE - C ------------------------------- Video chipset Video Chipset nVIDIA nForce SE - C Video Memory MBytes of SDRAM Video Card Vide... Read more

A:Can I run Win 7 Smoothly?

WOW, lol yeah id say so, Just make sure youve got all the drivers for your Hardware

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/30500-can-i-run-win-7-smoothly.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi.

I own mini notebook Toshiba NB305-10G which has one 1Gb of RAM installed. I would like to upgrade this to 2Gb. Where can I find list of supported memory providers and memory models which will work with this laptop ? As far as I know not all memory chips will work with this notebook. Is that true ?

Cheers,
Tomasz Piechowicz

A:NB305-10G - supported memory list needed

I?m afraid such list is not available but I;ve checked Kingston page and found compatible 2GB memory module for your notebook.

Please check it HERE .

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?66368-NB305-10G-supported-memory-list-needed
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello, I have a HP Pavilion N5350 (F2347MR) and it seems to be standard. Does anyone have extra memory for it and a battery thats good. I believe it supports 512.

ALSO, the lid is tight when opening it, can the hindges be lubed some way to make it smooth.

I noticed that the screen shows a strip down the center thats faded in the back ground, is that a sign of it going to crap out?
Thanks for all your help.

Kenny

A:HP N5350 Memory Needed and Advise on Display

Well if you want to add memory, replace the dead battery, fix the hinges, and fix the LCD then you really ought to be looking at a new laptop.

For the price of the repairs and upgrades you can buy a new laptop.

$120 for a new battery, $80 for a 256MB stick(times 2 for $160 if you want 512MB total). Then it sounds like you need new hinges, I've never seen ones that could be fixed by greaseing/oiling them up. And then it sounds like a part of the LCD is failing and LCD's are extremely expensive to replace.

Here's one for $469.99 after 2 rebates and you get a digital camera and a radio: http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=807896

http://rebates.teg-online.com/officedepot/Rebate_Print.asp?Item_Key=254116
http://rebates.teg-online.com/officedepot/Rebate_Print.asp?Item_Key=255009
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=DQ0QG6clDeE&offerid=27778.456467896&type=10&subid=
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=DQ0QG6clDeE&offerid=27778.457218465&type=10&subid=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-n5350-memory-needed-and-advise-on-display.396641/
Relevancy 42.57%

hey everyone am new here and i have been facing a problem ever since i installed win ultimate bit edition after like - dumping Help memory problem.. needed, physical hours of being switched on os gives me some error msgs on a blue background and the last line will always be dumping physical memory and some random numbers increase by it and then the system restarts somewhere i read someone suggest some ppl to execute memory diag tool and see if there's a problem with their ram so i did it too Help needed, dumping physical memory problem.. to check even when my ram chips are brand new Help needed, dumping physical memory problem.. like six months old and the result was what i expected no problems found then i read someone suggest to run syc scannow from cmd prompt which i did and at the end it reported of finding some errors but could not fix them and that a detailed report can be found in windows logs that reports folder so now am here hoping for help from experienced users ill upload both the files now the error report which i always get after dumping physical memory error and the log file of the report of syc scannow pls take a look and let me know whats the problem and how it could be corrected many thanks here are the files -

A:Help needed, dumping physical memory problem..

Hi picalojack; welcome to the forum. I think you have described a BSOD , Blue Screen Of Death. We will need the actual dmp files. Upload your dump files - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/83172-dump-files-upload-seven-forums.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/89362-help-needed-dumping-physical-memory-problem.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all I need a lesson in Needed Settings 101 Lesson Virtual Memory Virtual Virtual Memory Settings Lesson 101 Needed Memory please Was just checking performance and ended up at Virtual Memory Had a couple of programs fail recently I do not necessary think it is my system but rather glitches in the two applications themselves as was the case with compatibility between the latest versions of Firefox and Java Still think it's wise to check performance every so often After reading several posts on the Forum I'm still not sure what I should do if anything Have two questions Can you please take a look and offer some guidance Some Virtual Memory Settings Lesson 101 Needed info below on my computer Please let me know if I need to provide anything additional OS Vista -bit Home Premium GB hard drive GB Ram I have three drives quot C quot where the system is quot D quot where back up is - never touch this quot K quot docs and gaming programs Question Is quot real quot memory the same as quot physical quot memory I believe it is If so then I have GB - correct Under System Properties Advanced System says C MB space available D MB space available K MB space available Paging file is on quot C quot NOTE I do have the system managing the memory currently System further says Min allowed MB Recommended MB Currently allocated MB Question Given the recommendation of MB above should I custom set the Virtual Memory And if so do I need to do this for each drive Thank you all in advance for your assistance Meltie

A:Virtual Memory Settings Lesson 101 Needed

Hi Meltie
Found this very good article on virtual memory. It should answer most of your questions
Virtual Memory - How To Information | eHow.com

RAM is known as real memory it is not the virtual memory. You have 7gb of real/physical memory.
Real and physical memory are the same.
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5002446_wh...-computer.html
http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/p/physmemo.htm

Additional Information and how to set virtual memory.
NB. The default setting is usually best for most users. There are very few users that will need to change the default setting.
Introduction to virtual memory and how much virtual memory you need for your system

If you are not receiving error notices about low virtual memory, just leave the defaults. Little mentioned fact, the larger the page file (virutal memory) slower the computer performance. Bottom line, no problems leave the memory alone.

Just some additional information, I have been working with computers since Windows 98. Other than minor tweaks, I have never made any changes unless circumstances required. I never changed virtual memory, overclocked etc and my computer works great.
On the other hand many members have come here with problems, only to find the cause to be some elaborate tweak they made that was not necessary.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290326-virtual-memory-settings-lesson-101-needed.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi there!
I am way behind on my terminology and so on. I have two sticks of 512MB Kingston dual channel on a ASUS M2A-VM. My question is what dual channel means? How can I benefit from this. I also have read the manual for mobo, but I still can't figure out which slots I should put the memory in for best performance. Apparently they see a difference and made two slots specially for it, but it says I need three sticks to benefit.
I am so confused.

Thank you.

A:Dual channel memory explanation needed

Section 1.7.2 of your manual is VERY clear on ram placement for dual channel operation.

What part of that is hard to understand?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-memory-explanation-needed.99903/
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm having a hard time OCing with this Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H, and the 3570K Ivy Bridge. I need something that can display an accurate list of ALL my memory timings. Using several programs either give me too much difference between one or the other to trust, or only the first few (4 to 5) settings. AIDA64 gives me 14 but skips some important ones or at least ones not showing on their list but showing on the mobo's BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeware-memory-timing-settings-app-needed.189280/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Dimension 4550 with 256 mb of memory. I'm ready to upgrade at this point and i know that only certain types of memory will work. Anyone have any ideas what kind i need and or links to the proper items at a reputable online store?

A:Dimension 4550 memory upgrade..help needed

http://www.crucial.com/store/listmfgr.asp?cat=RAM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dimension-4550-memory-upgrade-help-needed.296162/
Relevancy 42.57%

ASUS quot A needed and ASUS cooler Memory MOBO help CPU please N X-E Deluxe quot nForce Ultra Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU AMD XP Barton ATI Radeon Pro AGP gig HDD megs of Crucial X memory Watt Power Supply I ASUS MOBO and CPU Memory cooler help needed please received these two items free when ordering ASUS MOBO and CPU Memory cooler help needed please products and am not sure if they are any good or worth using I tried to register my MOBO on the ASUS website this morning however they keep saying that it s not the right serial ASUS MOBO and CPU Memory cooler help needed please number I checked the outside of the box the mobo itself and the packing slip from New Egg com where I paid for a new one not a used one Also there were things missing from the box I called New Egg and they promised to send me another box of all the things that come with this mobo Up until now I have been building a lot cheaper computers and the AUSU has a lot more parts so I was not sure what was missing just that the items and the number I was supposed to have didn t add up Also is the thermal gel or the pads better for the CPUs Heat Sink Fans I know this is a lot to deal with but I respect all of your advice Thanks Jac nbsp

A:ASUS MOBO and CPU Memory cooler help needed please

Well I can't make out your pictures but it won't hurt to use coolers for the RAM or chipset. The board alreadt has a heatsink on the Northbridge but you could put the other one on the southbridge. If you plan to overclcok then this help disipate any additional heat thats generated.

I personally like thermal paste over pads and I think they do a better job at transfering heat.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-mobo-and-cpu-memory-cooler-help-needed-please.283794/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Compaq Presario SR1710NX with a 9 in 1 memory card reader which my computer cannot reinstall. I can't find the drivers for this device. It is connected to the proper USB pins on my system board.

Can anyone give me a direct link to the drivers for this model? HP doesn't offer them on their website. I don't have the recover disk.

Thanks.

A:9 in 1 Memory Card Reader Drivers needed

Dylan2aT said:

I have a Compaq Presario SR1710NX with a 9 in 1 memory card reader which my computer cannot reinstall. I can't find the drivers for this device. It is connected to the proper USB pins on my system board.

Can anyone give me a direct link to the drivers for this model? HP doesn't offer them on their website. I don't have the recover disk.

Thanks.

Look around here for something:
http://www.google.com/search?q=Comp...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/9-in-1-memory-card-reader-drivers-needed.829423/
Relevancy 42.57%

My computer is always coming up with a message that says 'windows virtual memory is low' and yet I dont even run that many programs.
granted my computer is old and I should probably buy more memory for it - though i can't afford it - but is there a program or process i should run for my computer to make the most of the memory it has and therefore run more smoothly, and therefore not flash the message 'low on virtual memory' up at me all the time????

A:Help Needed! message saying 'virtual memory is low' keeps coming up.

Read this to help you understand how virtual memory works and what you can do to fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-needed-message-saying-virtual-memory-is-low-keeps-coming-up.857748/
Relevancy 42.57%

Recently I built a PC with a Foxconn FXMJ-RS mobo with Intel Duo CPU GB I use my olf RAM memory from my old dell dimension MB and ATA HD GB and GB I am using the graphics adapater nic audio already with the mobo I install Windows Pro and installed all MS Windows updates and ran without any problems Couple of days later I installed OpenOffice Epson printer McAfee internet security package and an a or Devices needed!!!! Problem: Error Help Memory ???? scanner and ran well I turned off The following day I start the system and the systems crashed and start itself Give me an error and prompt me with Ms Online Crash Analysis http oca microsoft com en windiag asp top I try to restored to previous days and start the process and stops crashed and reboots without restoring to a previous date I reboot in safe mode with networking and the system worked well Them I uninstall the scanner but the system still gve me the Error Problem: Memory or Devices ???? Help needed!!!! same error I unstalled McAfee and continued with the same error I follow the advise that MS Online Crash Analsysis suggested and test the memory and give a thounand errors Them I run the same test in my Error Problem: Memory or Devices ???? Help needed!!!! other pc which run very well without errors and give me also a thousand problems I used additonal memory from other system that are working well but are failing with the Foxconn system I tested the Mobo and works pretty Error Problem: Memory or Devices ???? Help needed!!!! well Personally I don t think is a memory issue but I do not know everything and I need help My issue is that the pc foxconn mobo runs very well in safe mode with networking however when I try to run normal fails I do not want to expend buying more memory if I don t need Do you have any suggestions or advise Thanks for the time you will take in reading my post Bernard nbsp

A:Error Problem: Memory or Devices ???? Help needed!!!!

Hi Bernard,

At this link there is a list of drivers for your motherboard. As your system appears to be stable in Safe Mode this why my suspicions are centred on a driver issue.

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/support/downloads.aspx?ProductModel= 661GX7MI-RS&TypeID=en-us0000004

It is likely that something in your configuration is depending on a Microsoft driver rather than the manufacturers.

Also on this site you will find a BIOS update.

I hope this works out for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-problem-memory-or-devices-help-needed.806569/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all My Dump Help Analysis Needed BSOD/Memory computer is usually stable so I was a little surprised when I received a BSOD today I was doing nothing more than typing into a text file so I was hoping to get to the bottom of this to find any problems that may be lurking in my computer I have already followed the advice here http www bleepingcomputer com BSOD/Memory Dump Analysis Help Needed forums t how-to-use-event-viewer How to use the Event viewer and I'm at the point where suggestions on the memory dump analysis would be helpful Notes I have no idea what 'vinceo' refers to in the follow-up section Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks Microsoft Windows Debugger Version X Copyright Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users MyName Desktop DUMP tmp Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space is availableSymbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbolsExecutable search path is Windows Vista Kernel Version MP procs Free x compatibleProduct WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS PersonalBuilt by x fre vista gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x PsLoadedModuleList x e Debug session time Sun Dec GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User SymbolsPEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffde c Type hh dbgerr for detailsLoading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck c Page f b not present in the dump file Type hh dbgerr for detailsPEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffde c Type hh dbgerr for detailsPEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffde c Type hh dbgerr for detailsProbably caused by Unknown ImageFollowup vinceo--------- kd analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT An expected clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in anMP system within the allocated interval This indicates that the specifiedprocessor is hung and not processing interrupts Arguments Arg Clock interrupt time out interval in nominal clock ticks Arg Arg c The PRCB address of the hung processor Arg Debugging Details ------------------Page f b not present in the dump file Type hh dbgerr for detailsPEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffde c Type hh dbgerr for detailsPEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffde c Type hh dbgerr for detailsBUGCHECK STR x AMD SP DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULTPROCESS NAME svchost exeCURRENT IRQL cSTACK TEXT c ec nt KeBugCheckEx x e c ed b d c b nt KeUpdateRunTime xd c cc b d c b nt KeUpdateSystemTime xed c b c nt KeFlushProcessWriteBuffers x f cd c caea da nt NtQuerySystemInformation x cd c aa f da nt KiFastCallEntry x aWARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong e f x aa f STACK COMMAND kbFOLLOWUP NAME vinceoMODULE NAME Unknown ModuleIMAGE NAME Unknown ImageDEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID x AMD SP BUCKET ID x AMD SP Followup vinceo---------

A:BSOD/Memory Dump Analysis Help Needed

Besides the Event Viewer there's also this guide for BSOD'shttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/188396/bsodmemory-dump-analysis-help-needed/
Relevancy 42.57%

I m hoping for an expert s Memory Diagnostic Windows Expert needed. REF: opinion on Expert needed. REF: Windows Memory Diagnostic these several issues Very sorry to put so many issues into one request but they are all related to my issues I am encountering FATAL EXCEPTIONS while playing the game World of Warcraft WoW The game crashes then reports Error x FATAL EXCEPTION Exeception xC at fe dda at memory location quot x d c c quot I have run Microsoft s Memory Diagnostic tool several times I ve run it in normal and also in extended yet it reports quot passed quot on my two stips of MB each System RAM My first question is Could my problem within the game be with my VIDEO RAM instead of my System RAM Should I be able to tell by the memory address given in the error message Secondly my other comment is about the Windows Memory Diagnostic During the scan phase of TEST of MATS Cache Disabled the scan slows down to an incredibly slow speed It took over hour to complete that single test in Extended mode Is that to be expected or does that slow speed denote an error with my RAM Any expert with knowledge of these issues is welcome to help me if so desired I ll appreciate it since I ve struggled for weeks with this issue in WoW I don t have fatal errors except when running that game It is WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION with all latest updates including all latest video card sound card updates as well Thank you for any help you can offer MY EDIT I FORGOT TO ADD THIS IMPORTANT QUESTION to my original Topic Do you know of any utility that will check the RAM on my video card like Windows Memory Diagnostic tool If so will you provide a link to it Thanks Larry My video card is a ATI GeCube X --- Heh heh it s an oldie but I can use only an AGP video card with my motherboard It works perfectly for everything I want to do except World of Warcraft Can t afford a new computer at this time Geeesh nbsp

A:Expert needed. REF: Windows Memory Diagnostic

Please do not create duplicate threads.
Continue replies for this issue here: http://forums.techguy.org/games/821291-expert-needed-ref-windows-memory.html

Closing thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/expert-needed-ref-windows-memory-diagnostic.821221/
Relevancy 42.14%

Need help in removing possible Ma
 Addition_20-04-2015_10-55-05.txt   43.62KB
  0 downloads
 FRST_20-04-2015_10-55-06.txt   31.4KB
  0 downloadslware..

A:Malware Removal Help Needed - Explorer taking CPU memory

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/573926 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573926/malware-removal-help-needed-explorer-taking-cpu-memory/
Relevancy 42.14%

When I go to My Computer to access my memory stick (which shows up as Removable Disk [G:] ) I get a message that says "Please insert disk into drive G:".

I can't format the memory stick (don't know if you are supposed to format a memory stick).

When I click on Properties, it says 0 available space, 0 used space.

I am running XP with SP2 on a Compaq.

Please help!

A:Memory Stick (Sandisk Cruzer Mini) HELP NEEDED

SanDisk Cruzer 512mb Mini - Needs to be formatted somehow?????

So, it appears that you are having the same problem that I am having. Here is how my problem happened. I had it plugged into a computer that I was about to Fdisk and format. I thought that there was a small partition on this hard drive of 512mb, so I removed the partition, only to realize that the partition I removed was my SanDisk 512mb memory stick....So, any luck getting yours back. Essentially, you should be able to fdisk or create a partition and format again, but it doesn't work like a hard drive. It keeps asking me to insert a disk into my Drive E (the drive letter that is designated). On yours it could be E or F or whatever....Can't seem to get any help from SanDisk on line, so I am searching around the net. My e-mail address is [email protected] if anyone can help. Thanks. JT

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-stick-sandisk-cruzer-mini-help-needed.20810/
Relevancy 42.14%

I hepled a friend with a new build--the old computer is a Dell Dimenssion 4300S with a Pentium 1.4 Ghz processor--it runs very slow because it has only 256K Ram and is running XP. It has a capacity of 1 Gig.

So I have various upgrade options. I could just buy one stick of 256K and add it to the one open slot, but that would be mixing two different modules. I could also add two new 256Ks, or add a 512 to the existing, but then again have a mixing. I could of course add two 512s and have it maxed out. Price ranges between $25 to $120 with those various options.

She wants to keep this puter for a backup for the teens. What do you recommend? Willl 1 Gig make a big difference over 512? Should I put in new memory? Etc.

A:Question on Memory replacement on Pentium 1.4--mixing and how much needed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-on-memory-replacement-on-pentium-1-4-mixing-and-how-much-needed.502506/
Relevancy 42.14%

Expert needed REF Windows Memory Diagnostic I copied this from another TechGuy forum because I realized later that this may be the more appropriate forum for this issue --- I m hoping for Diagnostic Memory Windows Solved: needed. REF: Expert an expert Solved: Expert needed. REF: Windows Memory Diagnostic s opinion on these several issues Very sorry to put so many issues into one request but they are all related to my Solved: Expert needed. REF: Windows Memory Diagnostic issues I am encountering FATAL EXCEPTIONS while playing the game World of Warcraft WoW The game crashes then reports Error x FATAL EXCEPTION Exeception xC at fe dda at memory location quot x d c c quot I have run Microsoft s Memory Diagnostic tool several times I ve run it in normal and also in extended yet it reports quot passed quot on my two strips Solved: Expert needed. REF: Windows Memory Diagnostic of MB each System RAM My first question is Could my problem within the game be with my VIDEO RAM instead of my System RAM Should I be able to tell by the memory address given in the error message Secondly my other comment is about the Windows Memory Diagnostic During the scan phase of TEST of MATS Cache Disabled the scan slows down to an incredibly slow speed It took over hour to complete that single test in Extended mode Is that to be expected or does that slow speed denote an error with my RAM Any expert with knowledge of these issues is welcome to help me if so desired I ll appreciate it since I ve struggled for weeks with this issue in WoW I don t have fatal errors except when running that game It is WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION with all latest updates including all latest video card sound card updates as well Thank you for any help you can offer MY EDIT I FORGOT TO ADD THIS IMPORTANT QUESTION to my original Topic Do you know of any utility that will check the RAM on my video card like Windows Memory Diagnostic tool If so will you provide a link to it Thanks Larry My video card is a ATI GeCube X --- Heh heh it s an oldie but I can use only an AGP video card with my motherboard It works perfectly for everything I want to do except World of Warcraft Can t afford a new computer at this time Geeesh Last edited by Old Fart -Apr- AM nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I'm looking into smoothly 7 on run my system? Will installing Windows however I do have one question Will it run smoothly on my system First off here are my specs fresh off Dell's Documentation Will 7 run smoothly on my system? and dxdiag - Dell Dimension - Intel R Pentium Processor GHz - Intel R GV Motherboard - Intel R G Graphics Extreme - DirectX D V tested passed - GB DDR GB DDR PC MHz MB DDR MHz - SoundMax AC Sound Blaster Audio I've ran the Upgrade Advisor and I passed except they say my Graphics Card quot isnt supported quot I have looked online and actually around this forum and people are saying that my graphics card does in fact work after Windows Update and others say it does not I do want Aero to work so thats one of my questions does my Graphics Card work My second question Will my system run reasonably smooth I'm looking for multi-tabbed web browsing iTunes in the background etc your average home user Thanks I hope I get some decent responses I would like people who are actually running Windows who isn't on this forum and perhaps someone who's running it in a setup like mine I'm no begginer I do know a lot about computers so feel free to to use advanced terminology etc Thanks

A:Will 7 run smoothly on my system?

Install a better graphics card and add more memory and it will run fine. The minimum ram for Win 7 is 2GB, anything less will severely impact performance. Likewise a low performing graphics card will give you a performance hit, sometimes severe.

I had the same problem with my Dell Precision 370. I replaced the video card with a reasonably cheap Nvidia 256MB Quadro FX 3400/4000 and upgraded ram from 1GB to 4GB. System runs like a dream.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/130005-will-7-run-smoothly-my-system.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2.0 Ghz)
VGA: (Club3d) Geforce 7600GT AGPx8, 256MB DDR3
RAM: 762 MB (400 Mhz)

I have read a lot of testimonials of people who play BF2 on medium or higher settings with a Geforce 7600GT vga-card with high fps rates. I can only play BF2 on low settings with an 30fps average. How comes?

Relevancy 42.14%

I am new to Mac. When I first started, everything was perfect. And I can still remember how fast it was. I have no idea of how to clean it. Any easy way to fix this problem?  Thanks in advance!;)

A:How to keep Mac running smoothly?

Did this system come with any discs? A clean install would be best of the OS and software.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,150943.0.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Last 3 months I am faceing a peculiar type of problem, pc(windows vista home basic 32 bit sp2) won't start within 2-3 hours after shutdown.I took step regarding this problem check disc (chkdsk/r)and sfc scan(done upto76%).I am searching solution.Can anybody rectify this problem?

A:Pc won't start smoothly

This could be a Power Supply problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-start-smoothly.915205/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all

Here is my PC specifications

CPU:Intel? Core? 2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53GHz 3MB L2 Cach
Motherboard:GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L
RAM:4x1GB KINGSTONE DDR2 800MHz
Video Card:GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD 3650 PCI-E 2.0 x16

So will i be able to run it good

Now i am using Vista Ultimate 64-bit and works great

also will my vista drivers work good with it

thanks a lot and waiting

Now Downloading Microsoft Windows 7 Build 6801 64Bit

A:Is my PC able to run Windows 7 Smoothly ??

Yeah it should run good, also welcome to 7 forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/483-my-pc-able-run-windows-7-smoothly.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi First of all mods please move this to the appropriate forum if ever I'm wrong in putting it here thanks I have been having windows vista for a while now probably more than months and I didnt have this problem before I play a certain mmorpg which is not really graphically demanding and it used to play smoothly up until this past few days Now whenever I play the game it looks like the a stop-go motion like something else is running or the computer is having such a hard time running the game and ruins the gameplay experience Other people call it choppy graphics where it used to be for example fps now seems like its fps I have not installed anything out of the ordinary have loads of hard drive memory to games run how smoothly. Help on I also checked the task manager and it shows no other application running Sad thing is even if i set the mmorpg game to x resolution first it will run smooth Help on how to run games smoothly. then it will go choppy chop once again I never had this sort of problem up til now Please help

A:Help on how to run games smoothly.

Hello fedalanda,
Do you play on the same servers all the time ?, and does it do this when you play an offline game ?.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/268940-help-how-run-games-smoothly.html
Relevancy 42.14%

specs Windows home premium SP bit GG DDR Intel Core i - CPU Ghz Cpus ASUS P P Deluxe Motherboard Nvidia Geforce GTX Current Display x bit Corsair TX PSU Tower casing unknown mm fans in PC before... smoothly than far running less front one mm fan in back mm fan on top buy price excluding tax when i first bought the tower PC running far less smoothly than before... it was running very smothly internet was running fine as i have a Mbps speed shared with someone else through time my computer have become slower and slower and behaving like it should PC running far less smoothly than before... not for a computer of that caliber for example when playing games the computer completely locks up not able to so ctrl alt del i have no idea what it wrong with it as PC running far less smoothly than before... i have scanned for viruses with windows security essentials and defragmented my computer also have cleaned my computer with CCleaner the issue is certainly not with viruses malware as it has already been checked and resolved by the work of chemist very nice assistance he gave me compliments to him http www techsupportforum com foru re- html

A:PC running far less smoothly than before...

One test you can perform is on the hard drive, if only to confirm that it's still healthy in terms of wear-and-tear. Regardless of it's brand, you can test it with Seagate SeaTools. There's a DOS & a Windows version (DOS version is required in cases where Windows either cannot start or is running too unstable to support a drive test without crashing). Get it here: SeaTools | Seagate (click "Downloads" on the page).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-running-far-less-smoothly-than-before-650343.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Dear all My Hardware specs are as follows - Processor Intel core i QM - RAM GB - System Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook - O S Windows Home Premium smoothly. Not running -bit - Display ATI Radeon HD M and Mobile Intel HD Graphics GB - HDD Toshiba Not running smoothly. GB I m facing a problem in Not running smoothly. my laptop in which almost nothing s running as fast and smooth as they should whether I use Photoshop or Ds Max or my browsers Firefox or IE especially when i open facebook it really become slow to respond I dunno why and even when I open a pic using ACDSee it takes time to launch Whenever I open a video file Mostly using VLC or Media player classic they don t run smoothly and whenever I browse a streaming video via youtube or any other website they almost NEVER run smoothly P s As I was typing this the browser was running so slow and I stop typing to watch the letters just appearing while I wait to check for mistakes Can anyone help please All my software are up to date except for ACDSee I use an old version Thanks in Advance nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

So recently should at games, FPS run which smoothly Low I ve been having this really annoying and awkward fps drop in games which are supposed to run smoothly on my laptop Low FPS at games, which should run smoothly I can t recall when it started so I do not know if Low FPS at games, which should run smoothly some software or driver I installed has something to do with this I read somewhere that it might be the graphic drivers I recently updated my graphic drivers to the latest ones but the problem still persists I was thinking I should roll back to much older driver but not sure if that has anything to do with the problem or maybe it s a virus or something although I did a system check and Low FPS at games, which should run smoothly there was no virus or anything detected I am using Microsoft Security Essentials Games that should run without a problem but lag even when I lowered the graphic League of Legends Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Super Mario also started lagging It did not lag before and neither did League of Legends although I am not sure about Hot Pursuit What is strange is that those games lag and games like Mass Effect and Dead Space don t That s what made me think that it might be the drivers making certain games lag and others-not My laptop specs Intel Core i - M CPU GHz NVIDIA GeForce GT M GB GB DDR Memory nbsp

A:Low FPS at games, which should run smoothly

I sort of have a problem similar to you actually. Although I have a desktop :/
I can run RE5 at a max of 120 frames when benching. ( Medium - High ) i'm pretty sure.
And the recent Modern Warfare games, have trouble.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-fps-at-games-which-should-run-smoothly.1046647/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Pentium II processor w/MMX...one of the two fans isn't spinning steady & smooth like the other....is kind of wobbly too.

A:CPU fan not running smoothly

Very carefully, oil it with 3 in 1 oil. If that does not fix it, replace it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-fan-not-running-smoothly.34438/
Relevancy 42.14%

So recently I ve been having this really annoying and awkward fps drop in games which are supposed to run smoothly on my laptop I can t recall when it started so I do not know if some Low at run should which games, smoothly FPS software Low FPS at games, which should run smoothly or driver I installed has something to do with this I read somewhere that it might be the graphic drivers I recently updated my graphic drivers to the latest ones but the Low FPS at games, which should run smoothly problem still persists Low FPS at games, which should run smoothly I was thinking I should roll back to much older driver but not sure if that has anything to do with the problem or maybe it s a virus or something although I did a system check and there was no virus or anything detected I am using Microsoft Security Essentials Games that should run without a problem but lag even when I lowered the graphic League of Legends Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Super Mario also started lagging It did not lag before and neither did League of Legends although I am not sure about Hot Pursuit What is strange is that those games lag and games like Mass Effect and Dead Space don t That s what made me think that it might be the drivers making certain games lag and others-not My laptop specs Intel Core i - M CPU GHz NVIDIA GeForce GT M GB GB DDR Memory HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes D Misc Screenshot scrnstcr exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe C Users mmm Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google bg R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - Hosts www google-analytics com O - Hosts ad-emea doubleclick net O - Hosts www statcounter com O - Hosts www google-analytics com O - Hosts ad-emea doubleclick net O - Hosts www statcounter com O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO IESpeakDoc - D F C - E - BD - - AC FDF - C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite IEPlugIn dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run Dolby Advanced Audio v quot C Dolby PCEE pcee exe quot -autostart O - HKLM Run LManager C Program Files x Launch Manager LManage... Read more

Relevancy 41.71%

I have gone through the -Step process before posting this I am having problems with my computer not allowing me to open applications Can't access assorted programs and sometimes it acts like it is using too much Physical Memory to proceed I have to reboot to get things rolling again Here are some Memory Re-Boots Physical Needed, Initialize Errors, high of the errors I receive when trying to access Outlook Express Itunes Firefox IE etc Not enough quota to fulfill this command Application failed Initialize Errors, Re-Boots Needed, Physical Memory high to initialize properly xc and xc Null is not a valid Win app Exception euiberror in module When I run System Mechanic to gain physical memory back by defragmenting I get some relief but it Initialize Errors, Re-Boots Needed, Physical Memory high has reverted back to these issues several times the last couple of days I have attached the Panda Active Scan log for it found some issues and I never saw where that got dealt with later in the - step process Thank you for all you do Deckard's System Scanner v Run by user on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files iolo Common Lib ioloServiceManager exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic IoloSGCtrl exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro AntiVirus tavsvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro AntiVirus components TmProxy exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system Fast exe C WINDOWS htpatch exe C Program Files Trend Micro AntiVirus tavui exe C WINDOWS system alg exe C WINDOWS system ezSP Px exe C Program Files support com client bin tgcmd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic SMSystemAnalyzer exe C Program Files X watch x watch exe D Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic SystemGuardAlerter exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Verizon Wireless V CAST Music Manager MEMonitor exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgets exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgets exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings user Desktop dss exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www rr com flash index cfm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com keyword s R - HKCU Software Mic... Read more

A:Initialize Errors, Re-Boots Needed, Physical Memory high

It has been over three days I want to make sure this hadn't become lost.

Thank you for your help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/initialize-errors-re-boots-needed-physical-memory-high-222361.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone,
I am new here and just registered as I need urgent help with my laptop. I wanted to watch a wmv file this morning, and WMP downloaded a codec file, upon installing which I instantly got the blue screen of death. I restarted my windows, a few seconds after its start-up, the ruddy screen appeared again. I ran it in safe mode; the very same thing happened. I can not run windows at all to uninstall the codec and fix the problem. I have tones of work documents on my C drive, so I cannot re-install windows. And I need to access them as they are work documents, and I need them tomorrow for a meeting. what can I do? Is the only way left to copy those files through DOS and reinstall my Windows?

A:Urgent Help Needed-Physical Memory Dump Blue Screen

Can you boot from your Windows CD and restore your system to a date prior to installing the codecs? Can you do a repair install? Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/129055-urgent-help-needed-physical-memory-dump-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 41.28%

So I am looking into replacing my families home modem (Arris TM722 leased by Comcast) with the Arris SURFboard SB6190. I have never replaced a modem before. Should it go smoothly? Just unplug it, take out the battery, disconnect all the cables, put in the new one, connect all the cables, put in the battery and plug in the power and then follow included directions to call Comcast and activate it? The odds of complications, of things not going cleanly and requiring troubleshooting low?

Thanks!

A:How smoothly should a Modem swap go?

Comcast's activation process can be done online. Once you swap the modem (and it takes all its updates) you won't be able to surf. It'll force you to the activation page. You enter your account number and/or username & password and follow the on-screen instructions. From there your modem will take another update and you'll be good.

https://hardforum.com/threads/how-smoothly-should-a-modem-swap-go.1904637/
Relevancy 41.28%

hi i hope very much that you can help me, im playing medal of honor allied assualt and very often i get very choppy graphics and its very slow, some maps on the game are fine like V2 rocket, if any of u play mohaa you will know that map . my graphics card is:
Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller

is there anything else you guys need to know

i would be very gratefull if you could help me play mohaa smoothly
thanks
SnypSta

sorry i forgot i found these in system properties, hope this helps you help me

Fujitsu Siemens
Intel(R)
Celeron(R) CPU 2.60GHz
2.62 GHz, 248 MB of RAM

Relevancy 41.28%

Share your experience on Windows 10 while upgrading .

A:Did your upgrade to Windows 10 go smoothly?

Took a few hours no problems at all

https://malwaretips.com/threads/did-your-upgrade-to-windows-10-go-smoothly.49622/
Relevancy 41.28%

HI
hoping someone can help me with my mothers laptop, when trying to watch something on youtube the video keeps stopping to load then it starts then it stops and takes ages. dont think its her internet connection as my other pc works perfectly with 6.5Mbs.
its a Dell Inspiron 1501 just wondering if theres something easy wrong that im missing as i've tried de-fragmenting and disk cleanup but its still the same.
Thanks

A:Video's not running smoothly

Use a different browser.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/videos-not-running-smoothly-323077.html
Relevancy 41.28%

what can cause a wireless mouse to not work smoothly often?it has a weird behavior.when i'm installing a new windows os (did it a couple of times recently) it is not working well in the first days but only later on after these days.after that time it seems to work just fine for some reason.anything i can do? the un-smooth movements go make you nuts...

A:mouse often not working smoothly

Make sure the battery is good.If the mouse has an alternative wireless channel then try it.It could be a faulty mouse.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/mouse-often-not-working-smoothly/2004.html
Relevancy 41.28%

What kind of programs do you use to keep your computer running secure and smoothly?

Relevancy 41.28%

When my p3 863 MHz, 512mb system goes to sleep or standby, it freaks out when it restarts and instead of just waking up, it reboots. Usually it gives a message saying the system recovered from a serious error.
There is nothing on this machine that needs to be saved. How can I reset it to simple stable behaviour
such as just after a reinstal without actually having to reinstal?

Thanks all,

Malcolm

A:P3 XP system won't wake up smoothly

If you stop using the hibernate, sleep, standby, etc. power management options and start shutting it down completely when you're done with it and start it up when you're ready to use it, it'll save you some grief.

Go into Control Panel - Power Options, set the power scheme to "Always On", set all other settings to "Never", set the power button to "Shut down", set the sleep button to "Do nothing", turn off hibernation, click Apply - OK, then restart.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Since we're not actually looking at that computer to see what's installed and what's running and what problems it may have, giving you a simple answer and solution to correct its unstable behavior isn't going to happen.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/p3-xp-system-wont-wake-up-smoothly.955683/
Relevancy 41.28%

I want to maybe run a virtual machine with Linux or a different WIndows version.

I currently have 4 GB ram & i5-4200 cpu.

Since I can't change CPU, do you think adding more RAM will make the VM run more smoothly?
Or with these specs a VM won't run quite as fast.

Thanks

A:How much RAM should I have to smoothly run a virtual machine?

Adding more RAM will certainly help, Linux will use as much RAM as you can throw at it. However, most Linux will run fairly well in a VM (at least in a VirtualBox VM) with 1 GB or even 512 MB.

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/39176-how-much-ram-should-i-have-smoothly-run-virtual-machine.html
Relevancy 41.28%

hi,my system specs is :

DELL Vostro 1500
CPU : Core 2 Duo T7250 2.0 GHZ ,2mg Cache
RAM : 2 GB PNY 667
VIDEO : Geforce 8400M GS
HDD : 120 GB 5400 rpm

Does my system run smoothly on windows 7 pro ?
Is it worth to upgrade my laptop for a better performance ?

A:Does my system run smoothly on windows 7

That should be more than sufficient. Windows 7 will likely run quite well.

Be sure to run the upgrade advisor first, though. That will tell you if it can find compatible drivers for your hardware.

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/86428-does-my-system-run-smoothly-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm playing Skyrim and I'm trying to record some awesome dragon battles on FRAPS. Of course, my FPS takes a MASSIVE hit when I start recording (from 60 FPS to 15-20 FPS). What do I need to improve in order to get a smooth frame rate while FRAPS and Skyrim are running together?

CPU - Intel Core i7-930 2.8GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core
Graphic Cards - (2x-SLI) MSI 470GTX 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI
Board - EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI (x16/x16/x8) LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
HardDrive - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)

I'm new to understanding computer Hardware and builds, any help in understanding is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 41.28%

I want to maybe run a virtual machine with Linux or a different WIndows version.

I currently have 4 GB ram & i5-4200 cpu.

Since I can't change CPU, do you think adding more RAM will make the VM run more smoothly?
Or with these specs a VM won't run quite as fast.

Thanks

A:How much RAM should I have to smoothly run a virtual machine?

Adding more RAM will certainly help, Linux will use as much RAM as you can throw at it. However, most Linux will run fairly well in a VM (at least in a VirtualBox VM) with 1 GB or even 512 MB.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39176-how-much-ram-should-i-have-smoothly-run-virtual-machine.html
Relevancy 41.28%

What do you use to keep your computer secure and running smoothly?

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

I have been using a 64-bit Windows 7 HP based Acer notebook and sometimes find that the system has become sluggish. The notebook was shipped with 3Gb RAM. Do I need to upgrade the physical RAM to improve performance ? I use multiple browsers simultaneously with many tabs in each open. This seems to drag the system.

Also, I have one 2Gb and one 1Gb RAM module installed (only two modules possible). Would it help if I upgrade with a single 4Gb module replacing my old RAM ?

Regards,

Ramesh

A:How much physical RAM reqd for Win'7 HP (64-bit) to run smoothly ?

Adding more RAM may or may not help.

You need to look at the memory tab of Resource Monitor when the system is sluggish. Unless all the memory is used up at that time (no blue in the graphs), then adding more memory isn't likely to make much difference.

You should look at your documentation or Acer's website to see the maximum RAM supported and the per-slot maximums for your model. You might be able to just replace the 1 GB stick with a 4 GB stick, giving you 6 total.

I'd think Windows 7 runs quite well on 3 GB, but I don't know exactly what load you are putting on it or how many tabs you have open.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/207907-how-much-physical-ram-reqd-win7-hp-64-bit-run-smoothly.html
Relevancy 41.28%

title says all, this is my laptop specifications, can i run windows 7 smoothly i currently have windows xp :
Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU T2350 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs)
2560 RAM DDR2
256 Graphics card ATI X200M
111 Hard Disk Drive (HDD)

( sorry if this is wrong section )

A:My Laptop can run windows 7 smoothly

Here is the link to the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. It will scan your PC and tell you if it is compatible.

Download Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor from Official Microsoft Download Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/310292-my-laptop-can-run-windows-7-smoothly.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, all. I'm playing the RoC version.

PC Specs:

AMD 64 X2 4200+
Nvidia Geforce 6100 (onboard)
2 GB RAM

Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Warcraft 3 doesn't run smoothly

hmmm, thats weird? i just yahoo'd warcraft 3 requirements, an your wayyy over the requirements, should play it like it's nothing at all, what MB is your graphics card? 32MB?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/warcraft-3-doesnt-run-smoothly.492193/
Relevancy 41.28%

What do you use to keep your computer running smoothly and secure?

A:What do you use to keep your computer running smoothly?

As in programs/utilities?  Are you asking for a home user or for a business setup?  What all is the computer being used for?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512492/what-do-you-use-to-keep-your-computer-running-smoothly/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi guys by looking at previous problems with iexplore exe's and seeing how they are solved which doesn't work for me iexplore.exe, needed repair 2 of constantly [SOLVED] memory lots bo for Startup used, i decided to ask you guys so u can please help with this monstrosity that hijacked my computer while i was playing a stem game here is as much information i can give about this problem -it started with an internet explorer advertisement popping up randomly then [SOLVED] 2 iexplore.exe, lots of memory used, Startup repair constantly needed for bo a component not working -Then every time i told the computer to shut down open the internet it would just pixelate on the screen and not respond requiring a force shutdown i have a memory leak problem im getting to fixing that is known for causing this problem if the computer's memory is [SOLVED] 2 iexplore.exe, lots of memory used, Startup repair constantly needed for bo too high -when it turns on i get the blue screen of death and it restarts into startup repair -startup repair identifies the problem as quot Unspecified changes to the system configuration may of caused this problem quot and then i can boot -every logon there is iexeplore exe lowercase chewing up memory a svchost exe process that its description says quot svchost exe quot which has never been there before an quot sqlbrowser quot its location includes allot of variations like sql exe where could be random words -I checked both autorunexec bat and config sys and they were both blank had a few random characters in it i think this causes the bad start -i have NO access to vista install disks but i do to XP boot cd's which return the blue screen of death when trying to boot from them -also every second logon there is no sign of iexplore exe bu there is of the sql exe atm its sqlservr exe before it was sqlbrowser exe i have lots of important files on this computer and wold like to save them in any way i was running AVG at the time and it doesn't pick up im sure this is way more than sufficient to help me in my problem asap Thanks in advanced Edfake Log DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Windows system lsm exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system TAMSvr exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Program Files FolderSize FolderSizeSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files NetSupport NetSupport Manager gateway exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER TNaviSrv exe C Windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files TOSH... Read more

A:[SOLVED] 2 iexplore.exe, lots of memory used, Startup repair constantly needed for bo

*Bump*

didn't want this to become inactive when its still a major problem :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/solved-2-iexplore-exe-lots-of-memory-used-startup-repair-constantly-needed-for-bo-496836.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Can't play 1080p HD video smoothly,it usually freezes and it becomes impossible to watch the video.I use vlc player but it still doesn't work.pc processor is Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz and RAM is 4.00GB(2.97GB useable), 32-bit OS,Windows 7 ultimate service pack 1.moreover,a hard drive of 24.4GB remains un-useable all the time.
so I need to know how can I solve this problem
do I need to add more RAM and get 64-bit OS?

A:Can't play 1080p HD video smoothly

Reset the router MTU to stop packet fragmentation.

usually in the section for the WAN side, you find the MTU setting defaulting to 1500.
reset it to 1492
save and reboot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-play-1080p-hd-video-smoothly.216512/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey if someone could help it would be great Here is my log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC Smoothly. Computer Very Isnt Running WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC Computer Isnt Running Very Smoothly. Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system RunDll exeC WINDOWS htpatch exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbabmgr exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Free Edition PSFree exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbabmon exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC Program Files iTunes iTunes exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files HiJackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www optusnet com au O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWndO - HKLM Run HTpatch C WINDOWS htpatch exeO - HKLM Run SiS KHooker C WINDOWS System khooker exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run Copy handler C Program Files Copy Handler Copy Handler exeO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run Lexmark X Series quot C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbabmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run CyberLat Ram Cleaner C Program Files CyberLat CyberLat RAM Cleaner CLRamCleaner exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe ConsumerO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot C Program Files Panicware Pop-Up Stopper Free Edition PSFree exe quot O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run Windows Registry Repair Pro C Program Files B Software Windows Registry Repair Pro RegistryRepairPro exe O - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup Exif Launcher lnk O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res C Program Files G... Read more

A:Computer Isnt Running Very Smoothly.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 9:44:28 AM, on 01/19/2006Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Unable to get Internet Explorer version!Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXEC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exeC:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDll32.exeC:\WINDOWS\htpatch.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exeC:\Program Files\Lexmark X5100 Series\lxbabmgr.exeC:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exeC:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exeC:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\Program Files\Panicware\Pop-Up Stopper Free Edition\PSFree.exeC:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exeC:\Program Files\Lexmark X5100 Series\lxbabmon.exeC:\Program Files\FinePixViewer\QuickDCF.exeC:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exeC:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exeC:\Program Files\HiJackThis\HijackThis.exeR0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.optusnet.com.au/O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dllO2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dllO2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dllO3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dllO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWndO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HTpatch] C:\WINDOWS\htpatch.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiS KHooker] C:\WINDOWS\System32\khooker.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Copy handler] C:\Program Files\Copy Handler\Copy Handler.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X5100 Series] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X5100 Series\lxbabmgr.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CyberLat Ram Cleaner] C:\Program Files\CyberLat\CyberLat RAM Cleaner 2,0\CLRamCleaner.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /ConsumerO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"O... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41096/computer-isnt-running-very-smoothly/
Relevancy 40.85%
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a 2.4 GHz processor, 1.5 gb RAM, 180 gb hard drive, and a GeForce 512mb video graphics card. With these specs could i run windows 7 smoothly? (Home premium 32 bit)
Please help!

A:Can my system be upgraded to windows 7 AND run smoothly

Quote: Originally Posted by neihoff

I have a 2.4 GHz processor, 1.5 gb RAM, 180 gb hard drive, and a GeForce 512mb video graphics card. With these specs could i run windows 7 smoothly? (Home premium 32 bit)
Please help!

Run the upgrade advisory to be sure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/83182-can-my-system-upgraded-windows-7-run-smoothly.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have been trying to watch videos on AMC and FX. Everything works fine but the picture, its not running smoothly at all. It pauses and when an action sceen happens it gets all pixelated. I have latest version of Adobe Flash Player. When I watch videos anywhere else like YouTube the videos run smooth. Would it have to do with our internet service here and the Wi-Fi?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/videos-do-not-play-smoothly-on-laptop/td-p/5845525
Relevancy 40.85%

hi guys ,

i am using msi gt660R just got it and i installed all the drivers and i am using k-lite codec to play a video files and while playing a video and when the screen moves alot i can seee a line on middles of the video plz help me out anyone

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/video-doesnt-play-smoothly-511596.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I've built a new computer and want to have Windows 8.1 Pro on it. I've installed it 3 or 4 times and do some test runs. However, Windows 8.1 Pro always has stability issues; more specifically, freezing at the Welcome/Login screen, freezing at the Restarting... screen and occasionally freezing when just using it normally.

I've partially resolved the freezing issue at Restarting... screen by disabling Turn On Fast Startup. I've tried updating the BIOS to the latest version and installing all important updates (graphics, audio, controllers, etc).

The hardware specifications of this computer are:

- GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
- Intel i5-4690 Quad Core Processor
- Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 4x2GB RAM
- Samsung 250GB SSD
- Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti Graphics Card

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/56582-windows-8-1-pro-installation-not-working-smoothly.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Aww jeez im bad with computers So i recently bought a new pc because i wanted to get into pc gaming I got out smoothly how running games get figure Help pc my to some games off steam Help figure out how to get my pc running games smoothly and two of them worked fine left for dead and team fortress but when i played fallout i had some really bad frame rate problems and Help figure out how to get my pc running games smoothly in gta iv the graphics and framerate were terrible I havent the foggiest idea about what i need to do or what to upgrade get Help figure out how to get my pc running games smoothly them working fine thats why i bought a pc instead of building one The main game i ve been aiming to get on pc is mass effect but i have doubts about if it will run smoothly or at all So yeah i guess i just need advice on what sort of things i need to do to this computer to get it to run games smoothly without having to build a new computer preferably pc specs i think gt gt Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit System Manufacturer Advent System Model Centurion CPQ Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX Card name ATI Radeon HD also i dont know if i posted this in the right place s nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Will Windows 7 run smoothly on a non-powerful computer?

what if a PC has this:

Intel Pentium 4, 3.00GHz
512mb DDR2 RAM
98mb Intel Extreme Graphics
80GB Hard Disk

I've tried Windows Vista Ultimate on this computer, and it runs fine but without it's Windows Aero Interface. I also experience problems running games and different programs on it.

I've heard that Windows 7 is lighter than Vista, so will Windows 7 run smoothly on this computer?

A:Will Windows 7 run smoothly on a non-powerful computer?

Windows 7 will run smoother than Vista on this configuration. You will again lose the Aero effect but games sould run smoother as there are less resources being used.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7241-will-windows-7-run-smoothly-non-powerful-computer.html
Relevancy 40.85%

hey everyone i recently was having issues with my pc smoothly upgraded on running rig games not so i did some upgrading unfortunately ive been having issues with the new setup i mostly play overwatch binding of isaac wow and hearthstone sometimes when playing these games theyll randomly lock up for a few seconds and resume normal operation i games not running smoothly on upgraded rig was hoping someone could help me troubleshoot or fix the issues i recently upgraded the mobo processor ram and a new SSD evo unfortunately i dont have windows discs as i originally got the old computer used and it had win on it so i most likely cant reinstall my specs are as follows Hey everyone i recently put together a rig of my own with minimal experience and am having issues running games i believe i games not running smoothly on upgraded rig should be able to run just fine these include overwatch Binding of isaac and Hearthstone my specs are as follows - windows home - gigabyte gaming motherboard - intel i - k processor - Corsair H v CPU cooler - EVGA GTX superclocked GB graphics card - gb x ripjaw v ram- C M corsair w power supply - gb kingston ssd not sure of model not used for much - samsung evo gb games installed on here - GB HDD rpm not sure of model running windows and random storage i was hoping someone would be able to identify if something here is bottlenecking or what the issue may be i have a dual monitor set up using a tv and an old monitor and it mostly happens if i have a window open on the second monitor i play overwatch on ultra usually with some of the heavier settings turned off like v-sync and shadow details and get about FPS i appreciate any and all help and hope to hear back soon thanks

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/games-not-running-smoothly-upgraded-rig-4611366/
Relevancy 40.85%

Windows pro has Windows pro running 8 stopped has smoothly stopped running smoothly I don't know what did it but i think it was some application that is supposed to update your drivers for you - yeah i know what a bad thing to do Anyway now it seems the internet wont connect and when booting into the desktop everything takes ages to load and a lot of apps start not responding when you click on them I booted into safe mode and reinstalled a lot of drivers and when i rebooted the internet worked again suggesting that it is drivers that are causing problems I had done a checkdisk and a couple of drives reported minor problems - i think it was free space was wrong or something like that - i certainly never thought it was too bad cos i cant remember lolSfc found no errorsI had troubke with kaspersky Windows 8 pro has stopped running smoothly so they recommended to uninstall comodo firewall I tried to do this as best i could and install zonealarm insteadIm wondering if there is a sata driver that is problematic as im guessing things don't seem to be loading properly Has anyone got any ideas as i desperately want to rescue my system as ive got a tb hd and an ssd filled up with apps and games etc and REALLY dont wanna reinstall everything I was wondering if there was a way of deleting all drivers and recopy and reinstall them all to see if this solved the problems I do have a macrium reflect backup from over months ago but I've installed and reorganised the system a lot since then so i wondered if i could copy a backed up windows folder where it keeps all installed drivers and then reinstall them from there again Any ideas are really appreciatedThank you so much SteveMy system setup is as follows Windows pro with media centre addonAmd piledriver core ghz cpuAsus sabretooth fx rev moboMsi Amd radeon gb twin frozr gb corsair vengeance mhz ramC gb ssd - samsung pro boot and apps D tb hd - seagate barracuda games and media B tb hd - seagate barracuda backup E Bluray driveF External dvd driveMacrium reflect pro backup software

A:Windows 8 pro has stopped running smoothly

You have too many issues to address at one time IMHO and since your backup is so old, you might want to consider this method. The losses are minimal but make sure you read the tutorial thoroughly:

Repair Install Windows 8
How to Do a Repair Install of Windows 8 without Losing Anything

Use (the above) at your own risk as a last resort. You always do have that 6 month old backup as an alternative. Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/32930-windows-8-pro-has-stopped-running-smoothly.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I set up a new printer on my network. Added it to all of my Win7 machines including the wireless ones. I had no intention of adding it to my Win8 since it will have to be wiped in about 4 weeks. I started my Win8 laptop and the printer was already installed. Auto install of wireless devices could be an issue for some, but I love the simplicity.

A:Printer installed smoothly and automatically

It's because windows 8 has a built in network and media discovery which is very useful for enterprise and home deployment, I must say it is nice not having to update all my drivers on install and re-add my external media.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/9698-printer-installed-smoothly-automatically.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey guys I have a Question is it just because my PC is old or can I make it play AT Least a HD Smoothly First of all here is what my PC is It's a Dell Inspiron Running Windows I have GB-RAM and a GB-HDD AMD Sempron Processor quot It's OEM Still quot and it uses the Nvidia Nforce I have a Good internet Connection of Mbps quot Browsers Video Will Play No Smoothly!!! A so it is relatively fast quot All the other PC's can play No problem I have actually had this issue for quite some time now I just never really thought No Browsers Will Play A Video Smoothly!!! about trying to No Browsers Will Play A Video Smoothly!!! see if it is Fixable Well anyways the issue is that no matter what Browser I use I cannot make a YouTube video play smoothly AT ALL even in it will a little laggy the first seconds or so Now If I even think about trying or it will just play a little bit stop the audio will keep going then the video will kinda play stop again just it's Effing annoying even in it does this crap just not near as bad it's quot Watchable' lets put it that way When it's in I have Updated java Updated Abode Changed Browsers I have went into quot Computer -- gt Properties -- gt Advanced System Settings -- gt then went to advanced -- gt advanced again changed the RAM to max which is It's like my PC is not fast enough I have a

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-browsers-will-play-a-video-smoothly-1058090.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Over the past week or so I have been experiencing increasing and sporadic difficulty with highlighting failing to hold after I release the mouse of programs closing when I hit the save button even of solitaire Programs smoothly. operating Solved: not cards sticking or skipping when I try to move them Is this Solved: Programs not operating smoothly. a problem with the mouse Sometimes I highlight a word or Solved: Programs not operating smoothly. phrase to copy or move but when I lift my finger from the mouse the highlight moves to other words or phrases I also have a major slow down at times as well even though I try to keep the memory clear This problem is interfering greatly with my proficiency Please advise as to steps needed to be taken Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD XT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc TP Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled I nbsp

A:Solved: Programs not operating smoothly.

have you tried a different mouse? sounds like that's the issue......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-programs-not-operating-smoothly.1097790/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello guys I ve got a dual core APU processor from AMD GB of RAM and the GT from Nvidia I m aware it isn t a high-end machine but it s not an old one either It s a PC from HP a model or so that I bought a year and a half ago I can t seem to run CS GO at over frames in crowded Games Source Run Solved: Smoothly. Can't servers--especially in more detailed maps players total or around that A lot of people have told me a machine like mine should have no problem with Source-based games as they can be played on almost anything but for some reason it does I doubt it is any type of malware as these performance issues have always been here Even after full system scans and a lot of cleansing so what could it be Does having a VGA monitor connected to the DVI card with an adapter have anything to do with the matter Cause that s what I have What else can it be Any advice Thank you nbsp