Windows Support Forum

Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB)

Q: Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB)

Laptop Model Acer Aspire G Graphic Card Model ATI Mobility Radeon HD MB 512MB) screen 5470 with problem Black ATI (Acer Aspire Radeon 4745G HD Mobility OS Windows bits Problem Laptop starting to turn to blackscreen constantly since last week At the Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) beginning it still manage to back to normal after restart But then after few days it turn to black screen during every startup whenever it progress until window start-up animation I can even still hear the welcome sound although the screen is black I can still using the laptop through safe mode After that I google for some related solution and found that it s probably the graphic card display adapter problem So I disable the graphic card Radeon HD Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) option under display adapter and it goes Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) perfectly well But when I enable the graphic card option under display adapter in normal mode my laptop screen will turns black again back to previous problem I tried to uninstall the graphic card under display adapter and reinstall the graphic card driver download from Acer Support but the problem still appears The graphic card driver after reinstall is appears to be ATI Mobility Radeon HD series instead of previously ATI Mobility Radeon HD Is it normal or I download the wrong driver although it s from Acer Support What should I do to solve this blackscreen problem nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB)

Try this:
1) Uninstall the all AMD software with this AMD Uninstall tool.
2) Restart your PC.
3) Download and install the latest stable driver (13.4) from here: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-problem-acer-aspire-4745g-with-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-5470-512mb.193825/
Relevancy 106.02%

Hello users First of all sorry for my english This post is to tell you my experience with this very know problem and how I solved it Computer specifications Dell Studio bought in Intel Core i GB of RAM ATI AMD Mobility Radeon HD Windows Home Premium bits nbsp Problem | Problem 1558 Radeon (SOLVED) 5470 Black Mobility Screen ATI/AMD HD | Studio The problem started with the common error quot Display driver stopped responding nbsp and has recovered quot This was followed by nbsp several BSOD associated to the video card atikmpag sys file Finally after a couple of weeks nbsp the laptop screen turned black but the laptop was still in operation Considerations Is not a display problem Is not a driver problem Not even a video (SOLVED) Studio 1558 | ATI/AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5470 | Black Screen Problem card problem It is a manufacturing problem where the video card soldering is ruined because of overheating DO NOT LET TECHNICIANS TO REPLACE YOUR DISPLAY OR MOTHERBOARD Solution Take your laptop to a nbsp specialized nbsp technical nbsp service and ask to do a quot reballing process quot which consists of desoldering cleaning and soldering again the video card This process requires the correct equipment which is a high-precision infrared soldering machine DO NOT LET TECHNICIANS TO USE A HEATING GUN Well this is all I have to tell I did this process and I have my laptop working better than ever The costs of reballing at least in my country are very low compared to a motherboard replacement For reballing it is dollars and for a motherboard replacement it is around dollars I m very dissapointed with Dell about this issue Hope my comment is helpful Regards Ignacio Vallejos

A:(SOLVED) Studio 1558 | ATI/AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5470 | Black Screen Problem

Thanks for posting. This is common problem in older computers that have integrated video or older video cards with no driver updates available for operating system changes and updates. It is a benign problem in most cases and the error message can be ignored. It usually fixes itself. It really doesn't need fixing. You might have spent money unnecessarily.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19641871
Relevancy 84.94%

Hello
I have dowloaded the drivers for ati mobility radeon hd 5000 series beacause the drivers not work

Configuration:
Msi cx 620
i3 330m
ati mobility radeon hd 5470

Sorry for my bad english

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/4461-problem-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-5470-a.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Hey guys I'm here again to address another issue that I'm experiencing I've reached the limits of desperation and the only thing keeping me sane is the need to read your possible suggestions solutions I own a Sony Vaio VPCEB M E which came with Windows and Mobility Radeon HD When I upgraded to Windows Enterprise Evaluation my Device Manager would show up my Display Adapter as quot ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series - Microsoft Corporation Radeon my 5470 Mobility HD install Can't WDDM v When I first tried installing the driver I downloaded the installation would finish in mere seconds only installs MB of the files which isn't really helpful giving me notifications of success However I knew it didn't install it the screen didn't flash and well the Device Manager didn't change its description at all I had managed to find a solution by manually updating the driver through Device Manager It worked great I upgraded to Windows Pro recently but ever since I was not able to use this method in order to get my driver properly installed Whatever I try I keep getting the quot Windows detected that your driver is up to date etc etc and I still get the same Microsoft Corporation information I tried disabling automatic drivers installation but didn't help either This issue is driving me crazy I downloaded Can't install my Mobility Radeon HD 5470 various drivers which I know would work it's just that I'm not able or allowed to install them The setup installation is faulty and the Device Manager won't let me do it either If I try to uninstall the current Microsoft-provided driver then I lose the whole Display Adapter category from the list making it impossible to install the driver Unless I manage to find some kind Can't install my Mobility Radeon HD 5470 of turnaround for this I'll probably have to do without proper drivers Thanks in advance and for reading my thread

A:Can't install my Mobility Radeon HD 5470

Originally Posted by Wael90

Hey guys,

I'm here again to address another issue that I'm experiencing. I've reached the limits of desperation and the only thing keeping me sane is the need to read your possible suggestions/solutions.

I own a Sony Vaio (VPCEB4M1E) which came with Windows 7 and Mobility Radeon HD 5470. When I upgraded to Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation, my Device Manager would show up my Display Adapter as "ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series 5000 - (Microsoft Corporation WDDM v1.20)

When I first tried installing the driver I downloaded, the installation would finish in mere seconds (only installs 20MB of the files which isn't really helpful), giving me notifications of success. However, I knew it didn't install it, the screen didn't flash and well, the Device Manager didn't change its description at all. I had managed to find a solution by manually updating the driver through Device Manager. It worked great.

I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro recently but ever since I was not able to use this method in order to get my driver properly installed. Whatever I try, I keep getting the "Windows detected that your driver is up to date, etc etc) and I still get the same Microsoft Corporation information. I tried disabling automatic drivers installation but didn't help either. This issue is driving me crazy.. I downloaded various drivers which I know would work, it's just that I'm not able or allowed to install them. The setup installation is faulty and the Device Manager won't let me do it either. If I try to uninstall the current Microsoft-provided driver, then I lose the whole Display Adapter category from the list, making it impossible to install the driver.

Unless I manage to find some kind of turnaround for this, I'll probably have to do without proper drivers..

Thanks in advance and for reading my thread..

Why not check Windows Update? Sometimes graphics driver update is there, sometimes in Important, sometimes in Optional.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/14654-cant-install-my-mobility-radeon-hd-5470-a.html
Relevancy 104.92%

I recently decided to reinstall Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 4745G laptop with Switchable Graphics. After installing drivers with the Acer Resource DVD, I rebooted and thought everything was fine. But after checking Device Manager, I saw that my High-Performance GPU, which is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470, was reporting an error (Code 43). So now I am currently stuck with the Power-Saving GPU which is Intel(R) HD Graphics. Everytime I try to switch to the other GPU, I am greeted with a black screen. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

A:ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 drivers not working

Quote: Originally Posted by kurisu419

I recently decided to reinstall Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 4745G laptop with Switchable Graphics. After installing drivers with the Acer Resource DVD, I rebooted and thought everything was fine. But after checking Device Manager, I saw that my High-Performance GPU, which is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470, was reporting an error (Code 43). So now I am currently stuck with the Power-Saving GPU which is Intel(R) HD Graphics. Everytime I try to switch to the other GPU, I am greeted with a black screen. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Hi kurisu419,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

It seems video driver was not installed properly. You should remove any installed video drivers and then download from the link below:

AMD Catalyst

It would be advisable you remove both the video driver from the system and then first install the integrated one and then AMD one.

Hope it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/289203-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-5470-drivers-not-working.html
Relevancy 104.92%

So i got an AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5470 1GB Graphics that is on all other TV?s having 1080p with HDMI or VGA. Now when i plug it in to my TV (Philips TX-L32C4E) it wont be 1080p just 720p. So when i turn it up to 1080p (yes i can) then my picture is getting too small and the textures terrible unscarp. But my XBOX 360 Slim is having 1080p and my DVD Player to. Why wont my PC (ASUS K52Dr) get good looking 1080p just terrible 1080p? I have tested other PC?s on my TV to. They work. And i have tested my PC on other TV?s. Its also getting 1080p. Is there a way make this unscarp small 1080p being real FULL HD (1080p) and look nice? Like i said its too small and unscarp. And 720 looks no good. Does someone know a fix for this? i know its confusing. Help me please.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/16200-amd-mobility-radeon-hd-5470-1gb-graphics-non-1080p.html
Relevancy 104.92%

hello  ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB, and an integrated ATI Mobility Radeon HD4250FROM I only see that ATI Mobility Radeon HD4250 has 4200 sees the other has a standard vga. recovery after restoration, blue screen of death occurs after some time it works well, if only the hd4250 driver is above the other standard VGA 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 Graphics (switchable)

Hi,Notebook model and product number? what operating system? 32 / 64 bit?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/ATI-Mobility-Radeon-HD-5470-Graphics-switchable/td-p/2509451
Relevancy 104.92%

I plan to try to install Windows 10 on my HD42xx/HD5470 based HP laptop.
Does anybody have any experience with that yet?

A:ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 Graphics (switchable)

Evgeniy64 That's probably NOT going to work because the ONLY drivers that will work on PCs with Switchable Graphics are those provided by the OEM -- in this case, HP.  If HP does not have Win10 drivers for your model PC, the Upgrade will be a disaster. If you can, please follow the directions in this link to find the detailed product number of your PC: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001If that is not possible, then look for a sticker on the PC that includes the product number and post that here.  If the battery is removable, the sticker is likely to be in the battery compartment. With this information, I can check to see if there are HP Win10 drivers for your PC. We can proceed once you provide the information.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/ATI-Mobility-Radeon-HD-5470-Graphics-switchable/td-p/5668520
Relevancy 104.92%

Diver for ?ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470? for windows 8.1 X64,

I couldn?t find the driver ?ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470? for windows 8.1 X64. My laptop is ?Sony Vaio VPCE C3S0E?

I tried the link below but unfortunately the AMD says that the available drivers are NOT compatible with SONY VAIO
Download Drivers

Where this driver might be found?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

A:Diver for “ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470” for windows 8.1 64

You have to install latest driver from SONY or edit the .inf for the latest AMD download so it installs using Device Manager, and also permanently disable driver enforcement.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/41001-diver-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-5470-windows-8-1-64-a.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Hello I have a fresh install of Windows Home Premium x on ASUS X DR It's using ATI Mobility Radeon HD When I first installed the Catalyst drivers and tried to run CCC an error message said CCC won't run because NET Framework wasn't installed Windows Update had updates rolling in so no big surprise I installed NET Framework and CCC decided to run but presented me with an error message loosely Mobility to proper 5470 refusing Radeon drivers use HD translated quot AMD management tool won't run because an AMD graphics card was not detected If you are the Mobility Radeon HD 5470 refusing to use proper drivers system Mobility Radeon HD 5470 refusing to use proper drivers administrator click quot Reset quot to reset settings to the default values Otherwise click quot Cancel quot quot I hit reset but nothing happened I checked Device Manager to see if the driver was properly installed and the GPU was listed as a quot Standard VGA-card quot So far I have re-installed the drivers about times using Driver Cleaner w Safe Mode to wipe the computer clear of any trace of AMD software I confirmed that the GPU sure as hell is an Mobility Radeon HD 5470 refusing to use proper drivers HD and the drivers I am using are correct but no matter what I do Device Manager still lists the card as quot Starndard VGA-card quot The latest trick I tried was that I uninstalled Catalyst and NET Framework and downloaded it again from Windows Update Then I re-installed Catalyst without success The GPU is still listed as Standard VGA-card and every time I run CCC I get presented with the aforementioned error message

A:Mobility Radeon HD 5470 refusing to use proper drivers

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Where did you try to Install the Driver from ..
From Disc or Amd Website or Manufactures Website ... ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/343107-mobility-radeon-hd-5470-refusing-use-proper-drivers.html
Relevancy 102.34%

SONY is not providing windows 8 support for model VPCEB14EN.

where will get windows 8 drivers for graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470. I checked AMD website but not found and also Bluetooth BROADCAM drivers are also missing.

Any help where to get?

A:ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 drivers for SONY laptop VPCEB14EN

U might wanna check this thread
Dell Studio 1558 intolerable BSODsq

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/10860-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-5470-drivers-sony-laptop-vpceb14en.html
Relevancy 102.34%

So I've installed Windows Release Preview and I enjoy it so far Though I have a major problem When I upgraded from Win bit i noticed that hd generation 5470 8 radeon run Intel and mobility ATI First Cant HD Windows graphic? my WoW FPS went from fps to It seemed like I was only running on the integrated graphics card from my first gen i processor It suddenly gave me a message that the current installed catalyst center is not compitable with the current graphics driver So I installed the latest catalyst center for Win release preview and my FPS went straight up But then I noticed that i could't adjust my brightness It Windows 8 Cant run ATI mobility radeon hd 5470 and First generation Intel HD graphic? was stuck on either or depending on restarttimes and such really weird but the brightness was depending on the Intel graphics card So I reinstalled it and the brightness was now fine again but The ATI graphics wont work What Is weird is that when I install a new driver i have to choose the second monitor to see my screen as my main monitor is disabled running on a laptop instead of having my main laptop enabled But when my screen is extended right after the Intel install the ATI card and brightness work probably but when i select screen only it disables In the device manager it says they both work probably my in the task bar the catalyst client aint showing up So basicly they cant both run on the same time and my main monitor is displayed as my second My computer spec HP G -a Notebook PC series - HP G -a SO Notebook PC Product Specifications - c - HP Business Support Center and a screenshot

A:Windows 8 Cant run ATI mobility radeon hd 5470 and First generation Intel HD graphic?

shameless selfbump :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-cant-run-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-5470-and-first-generation-intel-hd-graphic-664948.html
Relevancy 101.05%
A:How to update BIOS acer aspire 4745G?

download the zip file:http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.25_A_A.zip?acerid=634376587472171000&S... unzip it, browse to Windows folder, double click ZQ1_125W.exe with the AC adapter connected, nothing else.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/How-to-update-BIOS-acer-aspire-4745G/td-p/449940
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi, well I messed up here a bit for starters. I d/l the latest Radeon HD 3650 drivers to install on my laptop, uninstalled the current drivers and tried installing the new one. After it wouldnt install I realized that Radeon and Mobility Radeon arent the same. Now I have no graphics drivers on my laptop and can't actually find the mobilty radeon driver I need if it exists somewhere. I did come across some modding program to change desktop driver equivelent into notebook drivers, but I'd like to steer away from that if I can. If anyone knows where to find the right mobility driver for vista64 please let me know, thanks.

A:Mobility Radeon hd 3650 512mb

Nevermind all, found new drivers through manufacturer's site.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/184852-mobility-radeon-hd-3650-512mb.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi I have recently come across this great forum gone thru some of the posts x700 m70-113-Screen radeon pro sat on toshiba mobility Ati problem and it looks that really good knowledgable people exist here for support thanks all for this I have a toshiba sat pro notebook model no m - with ati mobility radeon x card integrated some times when i resume from sleep or play games the screen turns into a strange unusable state as shown in the snap taken below Code http img imageshack us img errorhs jpg Maybe whenever the screen reinitialises like on wakeup or when a game re-resolutions the screen during play startup this screen problem occurs i have tried to update with the latest drivers from toshiba site but the problem persists Ati mobility radeon x700 on toshiba sat pro m70-113-Screen problem how to resolve this amd says it doesnt support the integrated ati cards on notebooks so contact the toshiba support but this link says some thing about integrated card on vista so does this mean this driver is for my notebook with integrated x card Code http game amd com us-en drivers catalyst aspx p vista integrated-vista please help thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/105612-ati-mobility-radeon-x700-toshiba-sat-pro-m70-113-screen-problem.html
Relevancy 85.57%

well i know that the 8600M GT will be better than the other two but i need to know by how much of a difference.. and i would like to know which of the 2 radeons is better. the X2500 or the HD2300 and also by how much of a difference. or if anyone could just drop me a link here to tell which of this graphics card is better...

A:Mobility Radeon HD 2300, Mobility Radeon X2500 and the GeForce 8600M GT comparison

2.5x + to 1 if not more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobility-radeon-hd-2300-mobility-radeon-x2500-and-the-geforce-8600m-gt-comparison.83324/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hey All i have a problem with my computer i bought a graphics 512MB PC screen problem black Amaze AGP card recently here is it cgi ebay com au Amaze-ATI-RADEON-HD -AGP- X- X- MB-DDR - -new- pt AU Components amp hash item b b b Please When i boot up my pc with the normal graphics card that i have right now it works fine quot Obviously quot Then i uninstall the drivers old and install the new drivers new the Amaze Drivers After i ve done that i insert the Graphics Card into the slot and when i press the power button on my pc it loads up with a black screen usually if the pc doesn t really load at all once you press the power button the pc will turn of straight away but my pc turned off not fast so its like if AGP 512MB Amaze PC black screen problem you took the black screening away the pc would be running perfect If you need me to give you information please tell me where to get the information details for my graphics card Computer Thank s I would really like to know if it s my computer that isn t fast enough for the graphics card i wouldn t like to get a refund for something that doesn t work because its a fault that my computer doesn t have the requirements needed to run it Thanks nbsp

A:AGP 512MB Amaze PC black screen problem

You should be installing the graphics driver after you install the new graphics card, not before. Are uninstalling the correct driver? How are you uninstalling it? If you are uninstalling it through the Device Manager, you should be uninstalling it through Add or Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista and W7).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/agp-512mb-amaze-pc-black-screen-problem.159242/
Relevancy 85.14%

I recently installed a new version of Internet Explorer, since then my computer has been running very slow and now it only shows a black screen. Control-alt-del doesn't do anything. What gives? Did I download a virus? I tries running a virus scan when it was working, nothing came up. This computer is less than 2yrs old.

A:Acer Aspire Black screen

Can you see anything at all when you boot up the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/acer-aspire-black-screen-579637.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi, When I power up my Acer Aspire ES1-311 I get no screen output at all (not on an external monitor either). Can the issue be fixed? I would like to be able to flash the bios but I cant as Acer no longer provide the DOS files.They only provide an executeable. Is there a website where I could download the DOS files for my laptop? Many Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES1-311-BLACK-SCREEN/td-p/438709/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 85.14%

Most desktop monitors when inactive for periods of time usually preset in o s or altered for individual tastes saves electricity by powering down the monitor and let it quot sleep quot but any programs running on the cpu continue on unabated But with these Acer Aspire All-in-one compters are different i may be listening to an internet radio station and even though screen Aspire All-in-one black Acer it s not a computer program running after a time of inactivity of my manually working via my keyboard or something like that the screen goes Acer Aspire All-in-one black screen black and it kills the internet connection to the internet radio i am listening to Yes Acer Aspire All-in-one black screen if that happens i only have to jiggle or move my mouse to turn the screen back on but is a real pain to have to continually jar the mouse to keep the radio on Any ideas on how to avoid this black screen of killing my internet radio and downloads or anything going Acer Aspire All-in-one black screen on while the screen is active Thank you Tim nbsp

A:Acer Aspire All-in-one black screen

Control Panel, Power Options, click on Change advance power settings. In the box that pops up there is a long list of changes you can make. You could increase the time before your hard drive turns off. I have one for my wirless adapter with maximum performance down to low. Your lan may be listed if your not wireless. A combination of increasing the hdd time and lan may get you around the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-all-in-one-black-screen.1056258/
Relevancy 84.28%

My screen went black after long transportation and is probably physically broken.
Unfortunately during several attempts to upgrade windows 8.1 to 10 the Intel graphic driver was inactivated so I can no longer use laptop with neither hdmi nor vga cable.

I've tried to remove cmos battery in order to reset BIOS without success.
Also tried to flash BIOS Q5WV1221.exe file from a USB-stick (fat32) pressing Fn + Esc + power button without success.

Would it activate Intel Graphic driver to flash BIOS with USB-stick? How is that done?
Any suggestions how to activate Intel Graphic driver with a totally black screen?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/black-screen-on-acer-aspire-v3-571g-1150521.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello everyone, i am new to this forum and i believe my salvation will come from here, i used my laptop two days ago at about 9pm and when i was about going to bed, i unplugged its cable and shut it down normally. Rising up from bed at about 6am, i decided to check my mails, immediately i pressed the power button, i could only see the power on light and hear the fan but my screen remained dormant. I did all i could but my screen remained black. I wonder what could have happened overnight. Please i need urgent help, i use my laptop very often and i just cant do without it. please help me, here is my email *******@yahoo.com please send me any suggestions. I RELY ON YOU

*Removed email per TSF policy "No help by PM or email" ~GZ

A:Acer Aspire 5535 with Black Screen

Hello, Welcome to TSF.

Turn on laptop, have a flash light ready give it time to get to desktop.

Shine the flashlight into the screen holding it pretty close, moving it around to see if you can see anything in background of screen.

Are you able to see anything?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5535-with-black-screen-672056.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi Guys nbsp I have an acer aspire g I turned it off one screen Acer black Aspire 5942g night and went to turn it on the next day and now it won't boot up nbsp Doesn't show anything on the screen the power light comes on the keyboard back light turns on the media controls are still useable and the bluetooth light is on solid but the laptop doesn't display anything or seem to proceed any further as the bluetooth light would normally turn off no bluetooth module in this laptop nbsp nbsp I have tried the whole remove battery hold power button down and just turn on with AC adapter plugged Acer Aspire 5942g black screen in with no effect nbsp nbsp I've taken it apart and reseated the CPU and redid the thermal paste However I did notice that the old thermal paste has gone onto some of the resistors on the top Could this cause a short nbsp nbsp It's almost like it's stuck in a sleep mode nbsp nbsp Any suggestions would be highly helpful I'm worried that the board is dead but I can't find any replacements online nbsp Thanks Dan

A:Acer Aspire 5942g black screen

Try powering up the laptop as if to normally boot. Do you hear any Windows welcoming tones as if the computer actually booted but with no display? If so, have you tried to simply toggle the screen on and off with the Fn+F5 or Fn+F6 key combinations? Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5942g-black-screen/td-p/438163
Relevancy 84.28%

when i turn on my laptop all i get is a black screen, i get a thin rectangler box at the bottom of screen with a green bar going across. it acts like it is going to load but it never does. i have done the things listed under f8 with no luck. is there anything else i can do. im loosing business buy the day.

A:black screen on acer aspire 5335

Hi try running a repair from you install or recovery disc http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-repair-install-vista.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-acer-aspire-5335.916861/
Relevancy 84.28%

My acer aspire laptop wouldn't let me close out I Tunes last night... wasn't responding when I tried to close. I enven hit the power button but nothing changes, so I closed the lap top with the screen still showing the I Tunes screen and went to be.
This morning I opened it up and tried to get it going but can't get a response... only a black screen. Can you tell me what I've done and how to fix it?
Thanks!

A:Solved: black screen on acer aspire

Hi and welcome to TSG.

I am no laptop expert but will try and give you some things to check.

Have you managed to turn the laptop off? Try holding down the power button for up to 10 seconds, this should turn it off.
When you turn it back on do you get anything at all on the screen? Does everything else respond normally, just as if it was booting up (apart from the screen), ie, power light on, hard drive light flashing etc?

If you can't see anything on the screen easily try shining a good torch directly at the screen when you turn it on, and look at it closely, if you can see the normal image by using the torch that would imply that you backlight has failed.

Another possible problem could be the inverter for the screen, these can be changed on most (if not all) laptops. On many it isn't a particularly difficult job (bit fiddly though) but if you are unsure it may be worth getting it checked by a recognised engineer. If you want to try it yourself there are guides on the internet for many makes and models of laptop and I am sure people here will help / guide you through it.

I am leaning toward one of those two because it was left on overnight with the screen locked, this could burn something out, although the screen should turn off when you close the case anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-on-acer-aspire.871817/
Relevancy 84.28%

My acer aspire one d255e is not showing any display since today morning .i can heard the Windows log in sound but I can't see.how can I fix it ?

A:My acer aspire one d255e black screen

>>>i can heard the Windows log in sound >>> This is actually a good sign. Try to toggle the screen on and off with the Fn+F5 or Fn+F6 toggle key combos. If this doesn't work, try to HDMI or VGA out to a TV set or external monitor with the same toggle key combos. Report back. Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-acer-aspire-one-d255e-black-screen/td-p/442509
Relevancy 84.28%

I have an acer aspire 4810t running windows 7 64 bit ....My screen is completely black. I can hook up an external monitor and it works fine. The laptop is now out of warranty. Any ideas on wht it could be and how to fix it.
Thanks,

A:Acer aspire 4810T black screen

Sounds like its either the LCD screen or the inverter or the backlight in the lcd screen.

Either way its a fairly easy fix since you just replace them.

Since its a 14" screen from what I could find, your looking at the $100 Range for a new LCD not including installation or an inverter if you need it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-4810t-black-screen.986381/
Relevancy 84.28%

On boot up I get a dark screen with a flasing cursor. Some keys beep when pressed. 722-0473

A:My Acer Aspire One has a black screen with flashin...

If you have a copy of a windows disk you can boot from a (No CD/DVD drive?) USB and select repair my computer, navigate to command prompt and run these commands, one at a time,
Bootrec.exebcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backupc:cd bootattrib bcd -s -h -rren c:\boot\bcd bcd.oldbootrec /RebuildBcdbootrec /fixmbbootrec /fixbootRemove recovery disk and boot from hard drive (don't forget to set the boot option back to HD).

Some people say this works
Push start and immediately hold down start button until it shuts off. Do this three more times, but the third time don't hold the start button. Just leave it and let it run. Do have power cord plugged in. Give it a couple hours or so. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-Acer-Aspire-One-has-a-black-screen-with-flashing-cursor/td-p/424315/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 84.28%

My acer aspire 7730z laptop has a black screen, I can see the desktop and use the computer normally with an external monitorm but the laptop screen is black, Running windows vista home premium. I tried flashing the bios but it did not bring the laptop screen back. Anyone else have this problem?

Relevancy 84.28%

hi,im having a problem, my e5-571 will not boot. i turn it on, the light turns on aswell, and i can clrealy hear the fan starting to work. but all i get is a black screen. no boot screen no logo no nothing.i tried taking out the RAM and back in, doing the whole f2, f8, f10, f12 thing, but nothing.i read an article that say a bios recovery will solve the problem.i tried doing it using a usb stick and bios files from the support site, but nothing happened. it seems that it havnt started a recovery.i have no idea how to fix this problem and i would be happy to get your help!thanks!!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/acer-aspire-e5-571-black-screen-will-not-boot/td-p/461855
Relevancy 84.28%

Its black screen after i reset the motherboard using cmos battery...i have tried to flash the bios using USB Flash Drive but it still cant......btw my HDD is now windows 10 but my original was windows 8 when i bought 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/My-acer-aspire-V5-471PG-black-screen/td-p/440523/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 84.28%

Power is on (white or orange light on upper left of keyboard) but cannot get screen to respond. On UTube there is a video concerning a different Acer that downloads some software. Would this work? And could I download this Acer repair software to a memorystick on my Mac to then insert into the black screen Acer to activate . Many thanks in advance for your help.

A:Acer Aspire 4810T black screen

Post a link to that Utube video please so I can watch it myself, then I'll try to answer your question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-4810t-black-screen.1089169/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi All. I have an acer aspire 5542 with windows 7 64-bitAfter I replaced the fan and speakers the laptop worked perfectly but wanted to do a large amount of updates every time I shut it down and powered it up again. I think there were 101 updates it did and it was working perfectly afterwards until I shut it down which it did at it's usual speed. when I turn it on now all I get is a black screen. I can hear the fan running and the DVD tray opens and closes normally.Please can anyone help me.

A:Hi All. I have an acer aspire 5542. Black screen.

if u can just wpie the drive and do a fresh reinstall of os

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Hi-All-I-have-an-acer-aspire-5542-Black-screen/td-p/422571/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 84.28%

My screen went black after long transportation and is probally physically broken.Unfortunately during several attempts to upgrade windows 8.1 to 10 Intel graphic driver was inactivated so I can no longer use laptop with neither hdmi nor vga cable. I've tried to remove cmos battery in order to reset BIOS without success.Also tried to flash BIOS Q5WV1221.exe file from a USB-stick (fat32) pressing Fn + Esc + power button without success.Would it activate Intel Graphic driver to flash BIOS with USB-stick? How is that done?Any suggestions how to activate Intel Graphic driver with a totally black screen? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Black-screen-on-Acer-Aspire-V3-571G/td-p/448136
Relevancy 84.28%

My acer aspire one d255e is not showing any display since today morning .i can heard the Windows log in sound but I can't see.how can I fix it ?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-acer-aspire-one-d255e-black-screen/td-p/442509/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 84.28%

HI My Acer 5536 has black screenI updated from windows 7 to windows 10 hit restart everything looked like it was working okI turned it off and didn't go back to it for a few weeks.came to use it today it will not boot. just black screen. i can hear the fan runningi tried1 remove battery/power hold start button (tried 3 times 30 seconds/1 min/2min)..no luck2 hold light to screen to see if i can see faint image...can't see anything3 hold f8 on start up..no difference4 vga port to external screen..no sigh of life5 downloaded bios from acer put on flash drive hold fn/esc press start..again no sigh of lifecan anyone please give anything else to trythank youmo 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/acer-aspire-5536-black-screen/td-p/459850
Relevancy 84.28%

The screen of my Acer Aspire E15 Touch goes black as soon as I plug it in to a power source. Works fine on battery alone, but not when it's connected to power. Help!

A:acer aspire screen goes black when I plug in to po...

I have the same issue.Have you recently installed Windows 10 upgrade.It maybe a coincidence that this was the first time i had used my charger since installing the upgrade.Does the screen come back on when you unplug the charger?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/acer-aspire-screen-goes-black-when-I-plug-in-to-power/td-p/380494/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi Guys nbsp I have an acer aspire g I turned it off one night and went to turn it on the next day and now it won't boot up nbsp Doesn't show anything on the screen the power light comes on the keyboard back light turns on the media controls are still useable and the bluetooth light is on solid but the laptop doesn't display anything or seem to proceed any further as the bluetooth light would Aspire screen black Acer 5942g normally turn off no bluetooth module in this laptop nbsp nbsp I have tried the whole remove battery hold power button down and just turn on with AC adapter plugged in with no effect nbsp nbsp I've taken it apart and reseated the CPU and redid the thermal paste However I did Acer Aspire 5942g black screen notice that the old thermal paste has gone onto some of the resistors on the top Could this cause a short nbsp nbsp It's almost like it's stuck in a sleep mode nbsp nbsp Any suggestions would be highly helpful I'm worried that the board is dead but I can't find any replacements online nbsp Thanks Dan

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5942g-black-screen/td-p/438163/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 84.28%

Went to restart my laptop after noticing a restart and update prompt. After it downloaded the updates it looked as if it went to restart. But nothing happened screen went black, still has power and its charging my phone as I write this. Have tried the hard resets and have taken information from this site from people with similar problems but nothing has worked. Absolutely nothing comes on the screen when hard reset in light you can see power to the screen but it stays black. Anyone have similar issues? It's fairly new and not used too often.

A:Acer Aspire E 15 powers up black screen

Well after a full day of hard resets. acer logo with loading screen appeared. The last one i tried was power & f-12 seems to be back working. good ol acer......

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-e-15-powers-up-black-screen/1901.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have an Acer Apsire 7741z and it starts up without an issue, the screen appears without any problems but after about 10 to 15 minutes the screen begins to flicker and then goes blank but the laptop is still running. I then let it cool down for about 5 minutes and turn it back on and it starts up and the screen again flickers and goes blank. I tried hooking it up to an external monitor but it's doing the same thing with the monitor (it goes blank and I get the No Signal message) What can it be? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me with.

A:ACER Aspire 7741z Screen Goes Flickers and Goes Black

please only start one thread for the same problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-7741z-screen-goes-flickers-and-goes-black.1080977/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi guys, it was working yesterday but today when I turn my laptop, it shows black screen, power lights up and fan spining.. I tried everything I can.

I nid it for work, please help. Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396706-help-fix-black-blank-screen-acer-aspire-1830tz.html
Relevancy 83.42%

after windows 10 updated , suddenly screen went black . i restarted the computer by pressing the power button . the acer logos shows up  than for 2 sec the screen goes black and when the logo shows back again the little circle stops rotating . pressed alt f10 and waiting for system to be restored but it is taking to much time . what should i do  

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-v5-acer-logo-shows-than-screen-goes-black-logo-shows/td-p/457855
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello all I have an Acer Aspire - with gb pc s sodimm ram gb Hard drive windows home prem this all started when I tried to Acer aspire with death screen Black of 9410 upgrade Ram with a GB PC Sodimm in slot I have been running windows on gb for a year with no Acer aspire 9410 with Black screen of death issues When trying to boot the power light turns on and a light on the left of the keyboard that looks like a square above the Numlock and capslock lights comes on The DVD drive cycles and looks for a disk to boot the everything halts no screen just black I removed the GB stick from slot and traid again to same problem I hooked up an external monitor to make sure the Acer aspire 9410 with Black screen of death LCD Inverter or cable didn't coincidentally crap out I moved the Gb to slot Same results I removed all ram Hard drive wireless card same result not even a no ram warning beep I believe my bios crapped out while trying to update to the extra gb ram stick Is there a way to flash the bios without it being able to boot any help is appriciated

A:Acer aspire 9410 with Black screen of death

You can try removing the cmos battery and that should reset it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271028-acer-aspire-9410-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 83.42%

My screen went black after long transportation and is probably physically broken.
Unfortunately during several attempts to upgrade windows 8.1 to 10 the Intel graphic driver was inactivated so I can no longer use laptop with neither hdmi nor vga cable.

I've tried to remove cmos battery in order to reset BIOS without success.
Also tried to flash BIOS Q5WV1221.exe file from a USB-stick (fat32) pressing Fn + Esc + power button without success.

Would it activate Intel Graphic driver to flash BIOS with USB-stick? How is that done?
Any suggestions how to activate Intel Graphic driver with a totally black screen?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622611/black-screen-on-laptop-acer-aspire-v3-571g/
Relevancy 83.42%

I bought my laptop like 1 month ago, and after update windows 8.1 Browinsg started extra slow, playing games with highest ping, While playing games i can see enemies but i cant do anything to them,After while when i opened my laptop i got black screen nothing was on only the power light were on. Somewhere say there is a unupdated BIOS...

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Aspire R7 571 Black Screen while power light ...

Hi... Try a power reset. Unplug the adapter (power cord) off the laptop, if you have connected.On the bottom side of the laptop, you will see a small reset hole with a battery symbol.Please insert a thin object like a paper clip into this hole and hold it for 5 seconds.Then plug in the adapter.Turn on the laptop check for the issue. 

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R7-571-Black-Screen-while-power-light-on-amp-Low/td-p/211431/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 83.42%

I have an acer aspire v3-571gOn trying to boot up my laptop by pushing the power button, the leds light up and the fan starts ( I can hear it spin) and the laptop starts but the screen remains black and does not even light up. The screen remains pitch black without any change at all.After force-shutdown 12 to 13 times, I rebooted my laptop and the screen suddenly started working.This happened once before as well and I didn't think much of it untill it happened again. I don't understand why the screen randomly chose to black out and not respond until after several restarts. I tried removing the battery, pressing power button for about 30 seconds, rebooting, starting without battery (with power source) and nothing worked. It randomly and unexpectedly started working (just like it had stopped).

A:Pitch Black Screen on power on (Acer Aspire V3-571...

During these random black screen episodes, do you think that Windows actually loads perhaps by hearing the sound of the Windows start melody? Also, is it possible that you somehow inadvertantly toggled the display off, that is, the Fn+F5 display toggle key combo switch? Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Pitch-Black-Screen-on-power-on-Acer-Aspire-V3-571G-with-leds/td-p/306964
Relevancy 83.42%

My Acer Aspire is about 18 months old and I am encountering a problem for a few days now that had never happened before. Usually what happens is I'm playing a game and if I want to make a change in the screen resolution or if I do ctrl+alt+suppr the screen turns black and nothing works. The mouse pointer doesn't appear, the keyboard doesn't answer and my only solution is to force it off by pressing the power button for a few seconds and to turn it back on.I thought it was due to hard drive used at 100% but it seems not, and I really have no idea what it could be. The thing is I've noticed several problems of screen freezing and laptop being slower than usual right after I had installed Windows 10 (about 3 weeks ago). Could this be related?I really need help, please this laptop was already 1000$ I'm not buying a new one so soon.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V-Nitro-shutdown-black-screen/td-p/445833/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 83.42%

I have windows xp. And my computer has a black screen that doesn't go away when I start it up. What is the deal?

A:My acer aspire 9500 black screen on start up

We need more information than that!

Do you still hear the normal "beep" tone when it starts up?
Do you get any error messages?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-acer-aspire-9500-black-screen-on-start-up-582104.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hopefully this is in the right subforum Hello all I ve been having problems trying to fix this problem and so far I have had no luck My computer won t on 4730Z of Black my aspire death screen acer even Black screen of death on my acer aspire 4730Z load up the starting screen my laptop makes a few starting up noises when I turn it on then after a second or it stops and I cant do anything Because of that im limited to the amount of techniques used to fix BSODs like going to explorer or whatever people do to fix it Before my laptop used to do the problem I just listed above but after turning it off and on a few times it ll start up but now it s gotten to the point Black screen of death on my acer aspire 4730Z where it won t startup at all no matter how many times I tried Sorry if that s not much details I can t really think of much if I can add more Any ideas how to fix my laptop nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death-on-my-acer-aspire-4730z.986988/
Relevancy 83.42%

Sometimes it says automatic repair on the loading screen then goes black, or after the loading screen it goes black, tried most key controls and they havn't worked, can someone tell me which Bios to download and how to do it because I'm pretty sure thats the only thing left to do before i throw it at the wall.

A:My Acer Aspire V5-571P has Black Screen of Death. ...

Hello wnepi2,

You should read this topic (Chigers): black screen - flash bios V5-571
You have the same setup bios utility (V5-531 or V5-571): Phoenix SecureCore Tiano BIOS

To summarize:
1- Download the bios file on the acer support website
2- If it's necessary (Windows version), extract the self-extratible file (*.exe) contained in the zip
    file with 7-zip
3- Format an USB flash drive to FAT or FAT32
4- Copy all files on this one (contained in the Dos or Windows(#2) folder)
5- Follow the instructions of Chigers to recorver the bios

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/My-Acer-Aspire-V5-571P-has-Black-Screen-of-Death-HELP/td-p/334407/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi All I m a newbie and have just joined this great site right here goes my daughters Acer Aspire One AOD on Windows XP has the black screen of death it Of Black AOD260 Acer Death Screen Aspire One does on occasion boot up but has not done Acer Aspire One AOD260 Black Screen Of Death so in the last hours The power light stays on and the fan starts and you can hear it working but the screen is black i have read about flashing the BIOS but can only find articles on doing this to other models and not this one and have also downloaded the updated BIOS files from the Acer website i have a USB stick with the files on but not sure what to do with them any help with this would be most appreciated as i have spent days trying to find a solution with no avail have even contacted Acer who were not helpful in the slightest anyway many thanks in advance for any help Kind regards mini nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

Hello I have an Acer Aspire Timeline X TG with the black screen of death This happened a few starts after cleaning some virus with MS defender I have read that it is most likely a corrupted bios I have also since ruled out the screen and the cmos battery and please with bios Aspire Help Black flash Acer screen. clearing the static without the battery Apparently after downloading the latest bios upgrade file ZQ W executive Acer support onto a flash drive I used FN Esc then the Power button to install the above bios file After this failed I added a notepad with Autorun in brackets and then open the bios e x e file as well and saved it Acer Aspire Black screen. Help with bios flash please as an I N F file along with the executive bios file and retried This is the absolute extent of my coding knowledge But so far I have been unsuccessful I suspect I am trying to install the wrong bios file and also installing it the wrong way as well The computer shops are just keen to sell me a new expensive replacement laptop and so not much help there either Please if anyone can help me I would be so appreciative and thankful John

A:Acer Aspire Black screen. Help with bios flash please

I doubt if this is a BIOS issue but it's possible the computer was bricked after a bad flash that you said failed.

What happens when you tap F8 at boot? Do you get the Advanced Boot Options. I am assuming this is Windows 7. You cannot access Safe Mode with Windows 8 or 10 using F8.

Do you need any data on the hard drive? If not, would you be willing to do a factory reset? If you do need the data would you be willing to do a factory reset after recovering the data?

What was the OS that came with this computer?  Was it upgraded to Windows 10?

Do you have another computer you can burn an iso file to CD? I am hoping you can boot a CD or USB flash drive on this computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624929/acer-aspire-black-screen-help-with-bios-flash-please/
Relevancy 83.42%

My Acer aspire V5-122p-0408 touch screen laptop comes on and shows the Acer logo with the circle spinning, the screen goes black then after a min. The Acer logo shows but no circle and it won't do anything like it's froze! Please someone help??? 

A:Acer aspire V5-122p-0408 screen goes black then Ac...

Unplug it, turn it over and locate the tiny hole in the bottom. Use a paperclip or Etc. to GENTLY push into the hole until you feel a click. See if it will boot.Do you have anything plugged in? Maybe a sdcard left in the slot? USB mouse? Printer cable? Unplug everything. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-aspire-V5-122p-0408-screen-goes-black-then-Acer-logo/td-p/426989/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 83.42%

My Acer aspire V5-122p-0408 touch screen laptop comes on and shows the Acer logo with the circle spinning, the screen goes black then after a min. The Acer logo shows but no circle and it won't do anything like it's froze! Please someone help??? 

A:Acer aspire V5-122p-0408 screen goes black then Ac...

Unplug it, turn it over and locate the tiny hole in the bottom. Use a paperclip or Etc. to GENTLY push into the hole until you feel a click. See if it will boot.Do you have anything plugged in? Maybe a sdcard left in the slot? USB mouse? Printer cable? Unplug everything. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-aspire-V5-122p-0408-screen-goes-black-then-Acer-logo/td-p/426989
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a black screen on my Acer Apire Laptop I am fairly good at fixing computer problems but this has me stumped This is what I have done so far Took off the battery and held down the power button for min then plugged the power back in without the battery and nothing happened tried this also with holding down the F and also again holding down the f button Nothing I thought it was the hard drive so I had bought a new one Black only Acer power light with Screen Aspire on and put it in and hit F and my computer started to boot up So I decided to put my old hard drive back in and by chance it came on and started to boot up also I was very happy and I used the computer for day with my power cord plugged in but when I unplugged it and went to plug it back in later and use it again it was back to the dreaded Acer Aspire Black Screen with only power light on Black screen As suggested I took my computer back apart and pulled out the both RAM memory cards and cleaned them and tried switching them in each others slot as suggested and re-booted the computer multiple times but to no avail Still nothing Another thing I notice My battery had gone bad a year ago and I bought another one and had been using it fine but it does get much much hotter than my old one as it runs So I don t know if it is shutting down over that or not I put it in the freezer for min as suggested by others and tryed turning it on again but still nothing ANY SUGGESTIONS IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED nbsp

A:Acer Aspire Black Screen with only power light on

Usually computers shut off to prevent damage from overheating. i would check to see if the fans are even working or it could be that the motherboard has gone bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-black-screen-with-only-power-light-on.1123740/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello Im having a problem with my Acer Aspire All in One Z3-615 PC. Whenever I turn the computer on the light turns on and the fan runs loudly but the screen remains dark. I've been having this problem for a couple weeks now and this issue started at random. I've done research to make me believe something may have come loose inside but I may be wrong. All input would be helpful. Thank you!

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-Z3-615-Black-Screen-Power-button-lit-and-fan-running/td-p/466576
Relevancy 83.42%

Any fix for Black Screen with white cursor? Brand new PC.

A:Black Screen on startup - Acer Aspire AZC-700G-UW6...

try this:at boot press ALT+F10 or after entering your password to login, keep pressing Shift key, this will start Acer/windows recovery.From the Recovery screenClick on Troubleshoot.Click on Advanced Options.Click on Startup Settings.Click on Restart.The PC will now reboot to the Startup Settings screen.Press 4 to Enable Safe Mode as prompted. once in Safe mode, go to Device manager, click on Display adapters, right click on your VGA and choose uninstall(tick to uninstall software too).

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Black-Screen-on-startup-Acer-Aspire-AZC-700G-UW61/td-p/405915/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 83.42%

when opening some games im getting black flickering lines, only on the games startup/menu screen does not do it in game. please help. laptop has the geforce gtx 950m video card.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/black-flickering-screen-on-some-games-acer-aspire-e15-e5-575g/td-p/463932
Relevancy 83.42%

Sometimes it says automatic repair on the loading screen then goes black, or after the loading screen it goes black, tried most key controls and they havn't worked, can someone tell me which Bios to download and how to do it because I'm pretty sure thats the only thing left to do before i throw it at the wall.

A:My Acer Aspire V5-571P has Black Screen of Death. ...

Hello wnepi2,

You should read this topic (Chigers): black screen - flash bios V5-571
You have the same setup bios utility (V5-531 or V5-571): Phoenix SecureCore Tiano BIOS

To summarize:
1- Download the bios file on the acer support website
2- If it's necessary (Windows version), extract the self-extratible file (*.exe) contained in the zip
    file with 7-zip
3- Format an USB flash drive to FAT or FAT32
4- Copy all files on this one (contained in the Dos or Windows(#2) folder)
5- Follow the instructions of Chigers to recorver the bios

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/My-Acer-Aspire-V5-571P-has-Black-Screen-of-Death-HELP/td-p/334407
Relevancy 83.42%

My Acer aspire 5552 notebook shut itself down without warning and now it won't boot up. I am getting a blue power light and for a few secs the fan runs then seems to run very slow and I hear the CD drive trying to start but then it stops and I just have a black screen. I've been searching the internet the last few days for a solution but not found one yet . Here's what I have tried .....

* I removed battery and power cord and pressed power button for 30secs.

* I pressed Fn & ESC added power cord then pressed power button. The fan ran faster but still nothing only black screen.

* I've tried updating bios but won't even read the USB stick.

* Tried HDMI cable with TV still nothing.

* tested CMOS battery that's OK.

Are there any other suggestions please or is it unfixable

Many thanks

Relevancy 83.42%

My Acer Aspire is about 18 months old and I am encountering a problem for a few days now that had never happened before. Usually what happens is I'm playing a game and if I want to make a change in the screen resolution or if I do ctrl+alt+suppr the screen turns black and nothing works. The mouse pointer doesn't appear, the keyboard doesn't answer and my only solution is to force it off by pressing the power button for a few seconds and to turn it back on.I thought it was due to hard drive used at 100% but it seems not, and I really have no idea what it could be. The thing is I've noticed several problems of screen freezing and laptop being slower than usual right after I had installed Windows 10 (about 3 weeks ago). Could this be related?I really need help, please this laptop was already 1000$ I'm not buying a new one so soon.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V-Nitro-shutdown-black-screen/td-p/445833
Relevancy 83.42%

My Acer Aspire V had Windows I installed Windows and all seemed fine until Acer said I needed new driver updates After doing them the computer will not boot past the installe... Black Aspire Acer screen V5-122P in after screen with the Acer logo After that the screen goes black I have been told to uninstall the driver can't get in to do that Been told to go back to Windows can't get in to do that One person hooked hers to another monitor and could see to do those I don't have HDMI ports or a disk drive I just have USB ports I have shut it off and on many times still no luck getting to a useable screen Control alt delete does nothing I was told to hit the space bar then type in my password and it should go in did that too no luck How can this update cause so many issues Can anyone help please I do not have the money to go to a repair tech Thank you in advance for any help

A:Black screen in Acer Aspire V5-122P after installe...

try this: at boot press ALT+F10 this will start Acer/windows recovery. From the Recovery screen Click on Troubleshoot. Click on Advanced Options. Click on Startup Settings. Click on Restart. The PC will now reboot to the Startup Settings screen. Press 4 to Enable Safe Mode as prompted. once in Safe mode, go to Device manager, click on Display adapters, right click on your VGA and choose uninstall(tick to uninstall software too).

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Black-screen-in-Acer-Aspire-V5-122P-after-installed-Windows-10/td-p/424826/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 83.42%

I have an Acer Apsire 7741z and it starts up without an issue, the screen appears without any problems but after about 10 to 15 minutes the screen begins to flicker and then goes blank but the laptop is still running. I then let it cool down for about 5 minutes and turn it back on and it starts up and the screen again flickers and goes blank. I tried hooking it up to an external monitor but it's doing the same thing with the monitor (it goes blank and I get the No Signal message) What can it be? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me with.

Relevancy 83.42%

Not really sure if im in the right forum but, I recently purchased a Acer Aspire one Cloudbook 14 model# AO1-431-C8G8 I am pretty sure I need to replace the screen but just wanted a second opinion before I did so... Everythinbg on laptop works great but screen, I can only use with external moniter via HDMI such as my TV or other HDMI capable moniters... Is there any trick I should try before replacing screen? I've already tried resetting battery, ive tried holding power button and doing hard reset... I've made sure it wasn't a backlight issue by testing screen with bright flash light... Only thing I haven't tried is flashing BIOS but from what I read that is only necessary on older modle Apire One's... Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance!!!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/acer-aspire-one-cloudbook-14-Black-Screen-but-works-through-HDMI/td-p/447577
Relevancy 83.42%

Not really sure if im in the right forum but, I recently purchased a Acer Aspire one Cloudbook 14 model# AO1-431-C8G8 I am pretty sure I need to replace the screen but just wanted a second opinion before I did so... Everythinbg on laptop works great but screen, I can only use with external moniter via HDMI such as my TV or other HDMI capable moniters... Is there any trick I should try before replacing screen? I've already tried resetting battery, ive tried holding power button and doing hard reset... I've made sure it wasn't a backlight issue by testing screen with bright flash light... Only thing I haven't tried is flashing BIOS but from what I read that is only necessary on older modle Apire One's... Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance!!!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/acer-aspire-one-cloudbook-14-Black-Screen-but-works-through-HDMI/td-p/447577
Relevancy 83.42%

hi , my first time doing this , havnt got a clue !! i have a acer aspire 5720 and when i turn it on i get a screen and all it says it press f 2 go to set up i go there but still doesnt come on , just black screen after that !

A:Acer Aspire 5720 gives black screen after POST

The hard drive may be bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5720-gives-black-screen-after-post.146168/
Relevancy 83.42%

My acer aspire 5742 won't startup correctly, it goes from a black screen to a screen that says acer enter f2 for startup, then alternates between those two screens.Right this moment I have managed to get it going and am in the processing of backing it up to an external hardrive. I rang acer support and they told me this is due to me installing windows 10 (about six months ago) and even though it appeared to be fine it has been corrupting the (motherboard? i think that's what she said). the lady told me I have to restore the laptop to factory settings. Can someone please confirm to me that this is what I do need to do?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/acer-aspire-5742-goes-from-black-screen-to-screen-that-says-acer/td-p/440246/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 83.42%

My acer aspire 5742 won't startup correctly, it goes from a black screen to a screen that says acer enter f2 for startup, then alternates between those two screens.Right this moment I have managed to get it going and am in the processing of backing it up to an external hardrive. I rang acer support and they told me this is due to me installing windows 10 (about six months ago) and even though it appeared to be fine it has been corrupting the (motherboard? i think that's what she said). the lady told me I have to restore the laptop to factory settings. Can someone please confirm to me that this is what I do need to do?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:acer aspire 5742 goes from black screen to screen ...

The fact that you were able to boot normally after F2 into the bios menu, F9 to re-set the bios to factory default, then F10 to save this default bios setting, ***strongly*** suggests that the bios was losing it's memory of the specific hard drive that was installed.    Jack E/NJ

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/acer-aspire-5742-goes-from-black-screen-to-screen-that-says-acer/td-p/440246
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello all, hope I can get some help here.

Replaced screen on an acer aspire one happy (aohappy pav70), after which the netbook fails to boot at all.
After much research online this appears to be a common problem with acer aspire one's, resulting in a need to flash the bios to be able to boot again.
There are many tutorials for accessing the bootblock to run a crisis disk across the system but not for this specific model. Most include downloading the bios from acer, copying the .fd files and flashi.exe files to a flash drive, then using the Fn and Esc button whilst turning the system on to start the crisis procedure for flashing the bios. This does not appear to work on this model so am looking for some help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451119/acer-aspire-one-happy-black-screen-needs-bios-flash/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi everyone,I recently wanted to re-setup my Acer Aspire 7250g with Linux Mint. I switched to the BIOS to change the boot order, typed in the password and i got the message, that the password is wrong. So I looked up some solutions. I tried to find a masterpassword, but there was no errorcode shown. I tried some other things, but they didnt work as well. At last i took out the CMOS battery, I restarted the pc after i put the battery back in and all I got was a black screen.I tried to flash the BIOS, because I read that the BIOS might be corrupted. I followed the instructions of this thread; http://community.acer.com/t5/2014-Archives/Re-flash-a-corrupt-BIOS-for-an-Acer-Aspire-7250/td-p/9376... . I tried it multiple ways with this solution, but nothing worked.I hope someone can help me. LG Fuzzy

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-7250g-black-screen-after-BIOS-reset/td-p/446100
Relevancy 82.56%

THE POWER LIGHT COMES ON BUT GET NOTHING BUT BLACK SCREEN. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO FIX THIS? Sorry but I don t know much about repairing tablets. I've done a little repairs on desktops and a little  on a lab top, mainly reinstalling windows. Would it work if I used external cd/dvd drive
to install windows 7 or repair windows 7 that way , tablet has no cd/dvd drive .I'am hoping someone can help me.

A:acer aspire one tablet D255E-134444 BLACK SCREEN

Hi dmorlino. The Acer laptop has an external VGA port you could try checking if a display would appear. Pressing the function key may extend the video output to verify if the chip is still working. http://www.umpcportal.com/products/Acer/Aspire%20One%20D255E/AOD255E-13444%20Black

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545366/acer-aspire-one-tablet-d255e-134444-black-screen/
Relevancy 82.56%

I ve gone through the usual searches but the one thing that is different here is that the netbook still works I can hold a mini-mag lite up to the screen and it everything is still working I did try to update the bios I don t know which version I have but I figured it couldn t hurt My battery is also stuck in the quot won t charge because I let it go down too far quot status The new bios was supposed to fix that as well New version is I made a bootable flash drive I think I m not sure if I did it Solved: is One, Aspire works black screen fine, Acer correctly as I ve never done that before and attempted to update the bios It s not doing what Acer and just about everyone else with a how-to says it should be doing After about seconds it just stops booting and starts Perhaps it had updated the bios I m not sure But like I said the computer is still working fine just no backlighting on the screen so that you can see it Make sense Anything I can do to see if there s just a loose connection or a solder joint I can redo Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Acer Aspire One, works fine, screen is black

Sorry, forgot for mention, Aspire AOA 150

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-one-works-fine-screen-is-black.891488/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi everyone! I really need some help with my acer aspire l320 mini pc. It is over a year old so not under warranty anymore. It was working just fine till now but now i can't make it boot up. When i turn it on the power led is on and the network led too if it's connected. The hard drive led only flashes up right at the beginning then nothing. On the screen absoulutely nothing can be seen. (monitor is fine, up and running with an other computer). I've checked memory modules and processor all fine. Fans are working as well. Every USB charges my mobile so i guess that's working too. I'd truly apprechiate any help, suggestion (service would charge more than what is worth). Thank you very much! M

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-l320-black-screen-doesnt-boot-up.810516/
Relevancy 82.56%

hi Unknown Soldier here. My real name is Harris, im from Singapore and im currently facing this issue regarding the fact that whenever i start my Acer Aspire Z5610 touch screen computer, the screen always turns black, and thus not allowing the computer to respond or start up. Though it works sometimes and i get to use it quite often by restarting it many times, the same problem randomly strikes back and i have to go through the same old frustration of restarting it many times to get it to work properly. The computer does not work now so i really need some suggestions to get it to function normally other than send it for repair which would waste a lot of money and time. My problem definitely has got nothing to do with whatsoever video or graphics card issue. Click on the attachment below to see the computer that i use. Thank you

A:Whenever I turn on My Acer Aspire Z5610, the screen always turns black

oh c'mon no replies??? Nobody helping??? i need it fixed so plz help me !!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whenever-i-turn-on-my-acer-aspire-z5610-the-screen-always-turns-black.158764/
Relevancy 82.56%

So I'm running an Acer Aspire 7551-7442 with Windows 7 Home Premium installed. The processor is an AMD .2 GHz Phenom II X4 Quad-Core N970 and the GPU is an ATI Radeon HD 4250. I've had this computer since 2011 now and minus a few hiccups it's run beautifully. Lately I've been having a problem where horizontal black and white lines would cover the screen which I assumed was from overheating so I would let it sit and after a while it would start working normally again. The most recent time it happened no image showed up. No Bios menu, no safe mode option, no Windows logo. But if I let it sit I can hear the start up noise for the login screen, along with the welcome noise if I press enter and login from memory. Anyone have experience with this sort of problem? Is there anything I can do?

A:Not your typical Acer aspire 7551-7442 Black Screen

It's a notebook with the video chip embedded in the motherboard. What you describe sounds like the video chip is going.
That's the one bad thing about laptops; if the video chip dies, you have no display and hence no computer.

If the video chip dies, you can replace the motherboard but in a laptop from 2011, it probably would not be worth spending the money.

In the meantime try to keep the laptop as cool as possible. Heat is a killer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-your-typical-acer-aspire-7551-7442-black-screen.1153334/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello I have an Acer Aspire laptop with Windows XP Media Center Edition This past weekend 5100 Acer after screen Aspire laptop 4GB upgrading RAM to black I tried to upgrade to GB of RAM After replacing the old RAM sticks with the new I am getting nothing but a black screen after Acer Aspire 5100 laptop black screen after upgrading to 4GB RAM turning on my laptop The mouse and keyboard I usually keep plugged in Acer Aspire 5100 laptop black screen after upgrading to 4GB RAM the USB ports do not work There is no sound nor does any monitor that I ve tried hooking up to my Acer display anything as well I ve tried every key combination I could Acer Aspire 5100 laptop black screen after upgrading to 4GB RAM come in mind with but nothing works I can t access the BIOS nor anything else The HDD indicator light flashes green for only a few seconds after powering up the laptop I m not for certain if the laptop keyboard is functioning either I m unable to turn the NUM LOCK on or off The CD DVD drive runs normally I assume I m able to pop in a disc and can hear it running normally I ve also tried placing the old RAM I had previously used back in the laptop but there is still no change I ve run out of options and am curious if anyone here would be able to assist me Your help is much appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5100 laptop black screen after upgrading to 4GB RAM

If adding the old RAM doesn't change the way it behaves there is another issue.

When you added the RAM, did it involve stripping the laptop down? Or simply removing a cover on the underside of the laptop?

If it involved a strip down, it sounds to me like the video connector has been disturbed, or not been reconnected, hence you cannot see anything as the display is not powering up.

Obviously if you didn't strip it down there is another issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5100-laptop-black-screen-after-upgrading-to-4gb-ram.168736/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi So I own an Acer G laptop and at a certain point while shutting down I had to shut it down using the power button because it was stuck somewhere - At first I could only use it in safe mode When I tried normal mode it just stopped and went back to the startup screen the one in which you choose the start up Acer screen laptop crash 7 Aspire black Windows mode normal safe safe Acer Aspire laptop Windows 7 black screen crash with network etc - After that the laptop screen went black and I could only work with an external monitor from that point coincidence i don't know Still the same thing only in safe mode - While doing stuff in safe mode I suddenly only saw snow so I had to shut it down with the power button again Now I can only power my laptop on all lights are burning correctly but black laptop screen black external monitor the fact that it still only works in safe mode Any advice would come in handy Acer Aspire laptop Windows 7 black screen crash considering these multiple problems I never had problems with this laptop uptil now own it for - years big thanks in advance grts holapola

A:Acer Aspire laptop Windows 7 black screen crash

Hi and welcome to TSF did you try last known good configuration

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-laptop-windows-7-black-screen-crash-685809.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Dear all nbsp nbsp nbsp Recently I black Acer flash es1-111m aspire screen bios encountered the black screen problem that when I turned on the laptop es - m only showing black scree nbsp Here are the symptoms Black screen no even bios or Acer logo The blue light is on battery is charging When I plug in USB devices it has power nbsp Here are the things I tried suggested by other users online but none of them work nbsp Took out batteries and unplug Ac adaptor press down the power button for minutes or so restart no impact Try our different RAM no impact Format a USB into either fat or fat format put in bios files hold FN ESC Button nbsp For this method the blue power light was blinking as many users reported online but seems like the bios is not flashed For the bios file I trieda one from other user which is named ZHK fd but that's allb The one downloaded Acer aspire es1-111m bios flash black screen from Acer support website which is exe file for window and then Acer aspire es1-111m bios flash black screen I extracted all files to the USB but no impact at all nbsp Does anyone know what is the problem many thanks in advance nbsp Michael nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-aspire-es1-111m-bios-flash-black-screen/td-p/459281
Relevancy 82.56%

I recently purchased the Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-53VG 15.6-inch Full HD Notebook. Shortly after buying it, these black marks seemingly randomly started to show up on the screen. I can't seem to identify a pattern of when it happens, but it's pretty constant at this point. Does anyone know what's going on with my computer? Is it something i can fix or should I try to return it? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Black-bars-marks-showing-on-screen-of-Acer-Aspire-E-15-E5-575G/td-p/461989
Relevancy 81.7%

A
Laptop boots up, I log in and then screen goes blank. Same thing with every reboot. The last thing I did was run a virus scan with avast. Acer laptop aspire V5-171 running Windows 8. Please help, thanks

A:Solved: black screen after log in on Acer aspire laptop running windows 8

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-after-log-in-on-acer-aspire-laptop-running-windows-8.1142421/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi all

My mother in law has an acer aspire 5732Z, yesterday she was fiddling with the touch pad sensitivity and suddenly her screen went black. Each time she tries restarting, she gets the windows 7 startup screen, but just before getting to the log in screen, the screen goes black. The mouse pointer is still on the screen and she can hear that the computer is still on. But besides that, nothing can make it start up properly.

I have tried talking her through safe mode startup, but that didn't do anything. She has pulled out the battery and restarted, which does nothing either. What else can we try? This is less than 1 year old.

Thanks for any help

A:Black screen of death with mouse pointer - acer aspire 5732Z

Oh another note. This does not seem anything like the blue screen of death, which I experienced about a year ago with my own Dell laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/217444-black-screen-death-mouse-pointer-acer-aspire-5732z.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello My acer aspire has the black screen of death It happened after using the erecovery Anyway I ve been trying to find specific instructions for my model to flash the bios Screen 5515 Acer Death.* Black for using Flashing USB W/ BIOS of Aspire using a USB The only tutorials that I ve found are mostly for acer aspire one notebooks I have another laptop that I ve been using to download the bios from the acer website I tried to flash using the instructions from the manual for my but it s apparent that I m doing something wrong since my notebook never boots and still has a black screen Here are the instructions for my Flashing BIOS using USB for Acer Aspire 5515 W/ Black Screen of Death.* notebook Steps for BIOS Recovery from USB Storage Before doing this prepare the Crisis USB key The Crisis USB key could be made by executing the Crisis Disk program in another system with Windows XP OS Follow the steps below Save ROM file file name JAL x fd to the root directory of USB storage Plug USB storage into USB port Press Fn ESC button then plug in AC The Power button flashes once Press Power button to initiate system CRISIS mode When CRISIS is complete the system auto restarts with a workable BIOS Update the latest version BIOS for this machine by regular BIOS flashing process Also I m confused about how to make my USB gb bootable is there anything special that i have to do to it first Do I need to rename the ROM file or keep it as is Which bios files do I need to copy to my USB Is there some sort of download such as Unetbootin that I need to use As you can see I m lost There s so much information and methods of flashing that I don t know specifically whats best for my model Id really appreciate any advice that can bring my notebook back to life nbsp

A:Flashing BIOS using USB for Acer Aspire 5515 W/ Black Screen of Death.*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flashing-bios-using-usb-for-acer-aspire-5515-w-black-screen-of-death.1039008/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello I am working on an Acer laptop that boots screen boot Aspire logo Acer goes 7520 windows black during after normally except for the screen going blank after the windows loading logo in Windows It does the same when booting to a Windows install disc It gets past the initial screen Acer Aspire 7520 screen goes black after windows logo during boot when copying files and then goes blank When connected to a second monitor the monitor shows quot video out of range quot I tried booting to safe mode and vga mode with no luck on both monitors The system loads into windows desktop as I can hear the Windows sounds and I can power down using the start menu blindly The display works fine in the system BIOS and during the initial boot from disc or hard drive I am thinking the internal video card is bad but want to explore other options before giving up So far I have Tested all hardware Reset BIOS to defaults Booted to VGA mode and safe mode Tried Last Known Good Configuration Cloned a drive from another machine with a good OS Tried both the original Windows Vista OS and a new copy of Windows from both CD and hard drive Please help me get this stubborn laptop to output video normally

A:Acer Aspire 7520 screen goes black after windows logo during boot

Hi it sounds like the driver might not be loading or the graphics is failing

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-7520-screen-goes-black-after-windows-logo-during-boot-685827.html
Relevancy 80.41%

guys, good day! my laptop says it has no pci simple communications controller but i do not know what it is.. i know the site Service & Support where to download the drivers from but i do not know what to download.. thanks guys!

A:my aspire 4745g

Quote: Originally Posted by jaypels

guys, good day! my laptop says it has no pci simple communications controller but i do not know what it is.. i know the site Service & Support where to download the drivers from but i do not know what to download.. thanks guys!

Looks Modem matter

Maybe have a read here:
Driver question -PCI Simple Communications Controller

and here:
http://www.computing.net/answers/win...ler/90878.html

For Windows 7 x64: Modem "liteon" pilote modem pilote 2.1.94, 1.4 MB 2010/03/18
to grab on Acer support site

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/95792-my-aspire-4745g.html
Relevancy 79.55%

My Acer Aspire 5612z, Dual-core celeron, 2GB ram, vista home premium 32bit, has two separate problems. Screen is filled with vertical red blue and white vertical stripes, if I tap the screen frame then the picture is ok for 30 mins or so, then goes stripey again. (Poss fault on FL board?).
Second, Laptop boots, 20 seconds, to Acer screen then stops.
Can only switch off power from that point.

A:Acer Aspire screen problem and only boot to Acer screen

Tapping the screen you could have a loose connection from the LCD Panel to the MOBO connector, but you see if you did the screen would dim out. In your case you have the the same issues that tell me that the LCD Panel is faulty. If this unit is still under warranty then have ACER service the unit or take it to ACER dealer who can either send it back to ACER or they can order the panel and replace it for you at no cost, but then it has to be under warranty. If not you'll have to pay the cost of ordering the part, labor to install it. Find out cost prior to signing any agreement.

On your other issue, did you replace or upgrade the battery or memory? If not then remove the battery and plugin the power only. Try this again does it boot the ACER logo and Windows. Can you put your ear down to the keys or palm rest and hear the HDD spinning up?
If not either the HDD is DOA or faulty power module on the MOBO or just bad MOBO. Again same as above if it's under warranty call or take it to ACER factory service dealer.

Make sure if you had a good battery on this laptop that all switches are switched to the lock mode for the battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-screen-problem-and-only-boot-to-acer-screen.140058/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi.this laptops comes with switchable graphics: ati mobility randeon hd 5470 and intel hd graphics. ATI card recently failed, and shows only black screen.I want to use permanently the intel hd graphics which are working fine.only way that succeeded is boot into safe mode and uninstall ati graphics card.Problem is, when I log into windows, it tries automaticaly to install again the ati card driver and when it does, black screen again and i have to go all over it again.is there a way to disable this behavior and have by default windows using intel hd graphics?I've tried everything i can but every time my computer tries too install the ATI card again. Really frustrating. waiting forward for a reply.(i've checked a similar thread in here but it was no help, and my graphics card has failed permanently as it seems)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/G62-ATI-Mobility-5470-switchable-graphics-failure/td-p/5639694
Relevancy 78.69%

Hey,

i am thinking of buying a dell xps 420. There is a choice of graphics cards and i cant decide between two of them, the ATI Radeon HD3870 512MB GDDR4 or nVidia GeForce 9800 GT 512MB. I have really no idea which of these cards is actually better for playing games like cod4 and C&C. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Steve

Oh just in case you need to know this is everything i want to get with it
- Intel® Core™2 Q6600 Quad-Core (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB)
- Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium w/ Digital Cable Support SP1
- 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 DIMMs
- 1TB Performance RAID 0 (2 x 500GB SATA 3Gb/s 7200 RPM HDDs)
- Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 16x DVD+/-RW w/ dbl layer write capable

A:Solved: ATI Radeon HD3870 512MB GDDR4 or nVidia GeForce 9800 GT 512MB

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ati-radeon-hd3870-512mb-gddr4-or-nvidia-geforce-9800-gt-512mb.751241/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi there My problem is i play Crossfire game in full screen dextop and in game and after one hour my fps is decrease normal to - and radeon scaling , problem Graphic hd with Crossfire 5470 playing Card after my dextop resolution x is go on resolution x and scaling Graphic Card radeon hd 5470 playing Crossfire , problem with scaling quot Full Screen quot is changing So i have black borders but not on game on dextop and i think this is decrease my fps After change i tryed to change them back but worked only with change quot personalize quot with quot windows clasic quot and not windows but when i try to play game is asking me if i want to change settings yes or no if i press yes i go back to black borders on dextop if i press no i don't play game i need to restart laptop for play again one hour and again here is a screen Imageshack - imag jpg my sistem Imageshack - png my display Imageshack - png I also tryed to update Ati drivers but when i try to install say quot Imcompatible hardware software quot screen ImageShack - Online Photo and Video Hosting So now i have drivers on the CD that I received when I bought the laptop screen Imageshack - png But i think thats old You have ideas

A:Graphic Card radeon hd 5470 playing Crossfire , problem with scaling

after one hour i have many other problems.. but just only if i run this game one hour

Catalyst control center give an error CLI.exe .. C/ProgramFilles/Netframework.. and error code

Imageshack - imag608.jpg

Paint give two errors when i try to save screen

1.Imageshack - imag609.jpg

2.Imageshack - imag610.jpg

Windows media player 11 give same error like paint with memory

Some times internet is disconnecting and i can connect it back without restart.

I try to give more information about problem.. maybe someone can help me .

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/239055-graphic-card-radeon-hd-5470-playing-crossfire-problem-scaling.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello

I just had my Acer 4745g laptop fixed due to a hard drive problem and so far it's been working great. The thing is, recently, the wireless lan function has been on the fritz. I would check my internet and it would be working fine. My sister, who has a Windows XP laptop (Compaq) can connect just fine but mine won't. Sometimes, I would restart my laptop a couple of times and it would connect but is there a way to fix this problem? Thanks!