Windows Support Forum

vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network

Q: vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network

I am about to return this brand new computer running Vista since it won t connect to my exiting computers on my wireless network It will however connect to the wireless netork to get out to the internet Here is what I have Brand new computer runnig Vista home premium Wireless netwrok external netgear ma network tomy connecting on but computers other not vista wireless network connection that can vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network see the internet I am using it now It can see a windows computer as well as my laptop running Windows Xp but when I try to connect to those computers it gives me an error message I googled this problem and disabled my vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network firewalls I created same user accounts on all with same passords I also tried same user accounts with no password neither works Any suggestion before I return this i relaly want to make Vista work since it at last looks different I like new interface - makes my life more interesting - I know VERY SAD Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-connecting-tomy-wireless-network-but-not-other-computers-on-network.631622/
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi Everyone,

I am attempting to setup an Ad Hoc Wireless Network between two Windows 7 computers. On my Desktop Computer I have created the actual network as per the screen shots below -

The end result is an Ad Hoc network available through my Desktop Computer -

However even though the network is seen as available from the laptop, when a connection is attempted there is an error -

A few additional points -
I have tried dhcp & manually setting the I.P. address on both computers (with the same result)
Both computers belong to the same Workgroup
Both have file sharing enabled
Both have Network Discovery enabled
I chose no security to rule out encryption

If anybody has any idea of what I am missing here can you please share?

Kind Regards

Davo

Relevancy 101.48%

I have computers a Dell Inspiron laptop and a Dell desktop both running Windows XP Service Pak I also have printers an Epson Stylus Photo R and an HP Officejet wireless I have a Speedstream modem and a D-Link g GHz wireless router Is it possible to connect the printers and computers to the modem Solved: a Connecting 2 2 network printers computers to wireless and and router Are there splitter cords available that would allow me to make the proper connections I don t have my wireless Solved: Connecting 2 computers and 2 printers to a wireless network connected at the moment because there were problems in the past with security Could someone tell me what I would need in order to connect everything wirelessly I Solved: Connecting 2 computers and 2 printers to a wireless network would also like to get a larger hard drive for my Dell desktop Right now I only have GB memory and GB hard drive with GHz processor Pentium D What brand of hard drive should I look for and how many GB Can I leave the GB in the tower along Solved: Connecting 2 computers and 2 printers to a wireless network with the new larger one I have no idea what would be compatible with my system Thanks for any help you can give me nbsp

Relevancy 100.62%

What I am about to not computers workgroup off... Wireless or connecting dropping Network: occasionally describe does not happen all the time and rarely happened until I added a rd machine to the network Three computers on network - call them A B and C A is connected to router by cable B and C by wireless cards both DLink just like the router Router is DI dynamic IP and DHCP I share files directories betweeen all three machines I have experience in doing this Sometimes when I turn all three machines on one or more Wireless Network: workgroup computers occasionally not connecting or dropping off... of the three machines is unaccessible to the others vis a vis shared files directories Wireless Network: workgroup computers occasionally not connecting or dropping off... For example from A looking at C from My Network Places C s resources are quot Wireless Network: workgroup computers occasionally not connecting or dropping off... unknown quot Sometime C can t see B s resources Once they hook up though the almost always stay hooked up Nevertheless getting into the Internet is never a problem - only the file sharing This is ALWAYS fixable by one of the four following ways a reboot the offending computer b disable and encable the offending computer s network connection c the most fun - If A and C can t see B s resources go to B go to My Network Places and let B find the resources of the other two and d start MSWord on one machine and try to open a Word file on the offending machine s shared folder Eventually I always get in and share the resources I have disabled the Windows firewall because I have ZoneAlarm installed on all three machines On all three the network loopback adapter are in trusted zone I have also defined an IP range to which is also trusted The syndrome above seemed to have been worse with dropping even after an initial successful connection before I went into the Windows Firewall advanced tab and unchecked all of the Network Connection Settings boxes although this might be my imagination since Windows Firewall was disabled in the first place I have tried to delete the shared resources and define a new workgroup add network places etc Does not completely solve the problem I have done some checking on this message board before posting Sorry for the length of this but I am quite perplexed especially since the machines CAN share resources ultimately nbsp

A:Wireless Network: workgroup computers occasionally not connecting or dropping off...

If you always have all three PCs on your network, the problem may or may not be as follows.

If you sometimes just have one PC on, sometimes 2, sometimes a different pair, and sometimes all three, your "problem" is a "feature" of the Computer Browser service.

My simplified explanation: My Network Places is designed to be a convenience for stable workgroups. When you visit it, it shows what it remembers from the last time. With a stable workgroup, this is fast and great. But beware if you add or subtract PCs or even add or remove shared folders or their contents. What is shown in My Network Places is dependent on the Computer Browser service, which polls the network and gets an updated list of resources across the network. It is sorta like a cat--it does exactly what you tell it to do. Eventually. When it feels like it. This is why you often "see" computers that are not on and folders that were deleted and fail to see recently joined computers or folders.

For a technical explanation see http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/windows/ntwsguide/ntwsnfinding.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-workgroup-computers-occasionally-not-connecting-or-dropping-off.452810/
Relevancy 95.46%

I have created an ad hoc wireless network by the name quot Trial quot and created a network key as quot letstry quot Now I am trying to login to this network from other computer which is in the same room at ft distance This ad hoc network appears files in to network copying ad ad network computers connecting from hoc hoc and in the list of available networks When I connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network try to connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network login it asks for the network key I provided network key and then confirmed it now when I click connect instead of getting connected to first computer I am getting pop up window mwssage In the title bar of the pop window it says quot Wireless configuration quot In the message it reads quot The network password needs to be bits or bits depending on your network configuration This can be entered as or ascii characters or or hexadecimal characters quot Then I changed network key to quot letstry quot i e exactly ascii characters and now I am able to connect to the ad hboc wireless network of first computer Does it mean that network key has to bne exactly or ascii characters and nothing else than that If not then quot letstry quot network key has ascii characters between and ascii characters then why am I getting this kind of message But now I can not browse files of fisrt computer from second computer or vice versa When I am connnected to ad hoic network and open network and sharing center I see only one link quot My computer - gt internet quot which is broken Usually the link diagram is shown as quot My computer - gt Network - gt internet quot When I am connected to ad hoc network quot network quot part from the diagram is missing If there is quot network quot part in the diagram may be I can browse computers in the network and see other computer But since I can not see other computer this way how can I connect to other computer Whats the way to browse other connected computers in the ad hoc network How do I copy files from one computer to other When I click on computer I can not see the files or folders of other computer Please guide me how to copy files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-to-ad-hoc-network-and-copying-files-from-computers-in-ad-hoc-network-479434.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Okay here s the deal I have a Toshiba Satellite A Laptop Running Windows Vista My neighbor has a wireless connection that he lets me connect to Every thing has been going great for a couple Network Wireless Connecting On Problem Windows to Vista of weeks but now all of a sudden when I connect to the wireless network it connects but is quot Local Only quot I have tried many things but found no solution I have changed some settings and then changed them back Including windows Problem Connecting to Wireless Network On Windows Vista firewall and my antivirus software When I am connected on the now local only network and I run CMD and then type IPCONFIG I get this ANy help would be greatly appreciated Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users David gt IPCONFIGALL IPCONFIGALL is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file C Users David gt IPCONFIG Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe efe Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix nbsp

A:Problem Connecting to Wireless Network On Windows Vista

Please be advised that this is against the terms of service for the ISP, and against the rules here at TSG. I suggest a reading of the TSG Rules pertaining to illegal activities.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-to-wireless-network-on-windows-vista.710322/
Relevancy 90.73%

Dell Inspiron 1525 running Vista

Had to re-install OS from scratch and now cannot find wireless networks. doesn't look as if my WLAN is responding either. no networks appear and hardware doesn't seem to be recognized....

A:Solved: Problems connecting Vista Laptop to wireless network

Did you use the recovery partition or recovery disc or a copy of Vista full disc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problems-connecting-vista-laptop-to-wireless-network.1016962/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi all I m having a bit of an issue connecting my wife s laptop to the new wireless network we set up I searched and saw similar topics but none that have answered my problem Her computer has always worked wirelessly in the past until I bought this netgear Wireless-N router WNR v It says the laptop Vista is connected to an unidentified network and no internet She has an Etheros adapter My desktop is connected to the wireless network as well and works fine also Vista I ve gathered from reading other posts here that I should give you my ipconfig Of the working computer Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe f f IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c a b aef e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media no connecting Laptop to Vista Internet Wireless Netgear but Network disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e ca b ae bda Link-local IPv Address Vista Laptop connecting to Netgear Wireless Network but no Internet fe ca b ae bda Default Gateway Of the laptop that isn t working Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe df cb f dc a fcbb IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix If anyone can offer me a detailed test or solution sorry I m a beginner at this that would be very helpful Thanks nbsp

A:Vista Laptop connecting to Netgear Wireless Network but no Internet

I should note that I have a PS3 and a printer which are both connected wirelessly, and they work fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-laptop-connecting-to-netgear-wireless-network-but-no-internet.934641/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi there I am not very smart with setting up internet connection especially with Vista and could really do with some help from the experts I have recently set up a wireless network in my house using a Netgear router ISP Virgin I set the network up my Wireless Netgear Vista Help Please Network... laptop Connecting Virgin on my PC Windows XP and everything seems to work fine I can access the internet from my PC and from the WIFI on my mobile cell phone Problem is trying to connect my Acer laptop using vista to the internet In the wireless network options it shows that the laptop is 'connected' to the network but when i open IE an error page appears and the internet doesn't appear After carrying out a bit of research on the 'net its seems that this is a fairly common problem but the answer i have seen are not very clear especially for a windows Vista beginner If someone could help it would truly be much appreciated Ideally i need some step-by-step information since as i started above this isn't my strongest of areas plus i don't know Vista very well Once again many thanks if you can help and should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me Regards Stuart

A:Connecting Vista laptop my Netgear Virgin Wireless Network... Please Help

hello there mate ...
i had the same problem i set up my wirless network up in my house (netgear)..
i had same problem it would not connect so what i done is this...
1)turned wirless off on my laptop bye the button
2)rest wirless router ..give it 20 secs or soo turn it back on..
3)turned it on your laptop ..
thats what i did it worked for me mate ...
hope this helps

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/219522-connecting-vista-laptop-my-netgear-virgin-wireless-network-please-help.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I'm having issues connecting to a secure wireless network. Network key is definitely correct. I'm running Windows XP...and using a Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card. Things are set to acquire address automatically. When I try to connect though, I get stuck on "acquiring network address"

I've never had issues connecting to any other wireless network before, and am fairly confident this is not a hardware issue.

I'm really not technical...so I don't even know where to start wrt troubleshooting...or what other info to provide here.

Any help would be appreciated!

A:Trouble connecting to wireless network...can't acquire network address

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-wireless-network-cant-acquire-network-address.837022/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi,

I got my comcast internet connection this morning; I setup my wireless connection and its connecting fine with my office computer. Unfortunately personal computer (HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC in which Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit SP2 is installed) is not able to connect with the router. I even tried connecting my modem directly - NO Luck. It was connecting for couple of minutes and getting disconnected.

Both my office computer and my iPod are connecting fine with the wireless network but my personal computer is showing Connected (local access only) icon in the system tray. When I mouse over, its showing "Unidentified Network (<network name>"
Is there any way to resolve it?

Thanks in advance
Subeesh

A:Unidentified Network issue when connecting wireless n/w from Windows Vista Home Prem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-issue-when-connecting-wireless-n-w-from-windows-vista-home-prem.1012965/
Relevancy 87.72%

I'm staying with my parents for a couple of weeks so want to connect my laptop to their wireless network. I have an ACER aspire 6930z laptop which uses Vista - I connect this at my house to my network with no problems (bebox). Here, my parents are on virgin broadband and have a belkin wireless G plus mimo router. They have other laptops connected to this network, again without a problem.

I can see the wireless network on my laptop and have entered what I believe to be the correct WEP key on my laptop to access the network. When I connect it is connected with limited connectivity (although the signal strength is excellent), Diagnostics says 'there might be a problem with one or more network adaptors on this computer'.

Would anyone be able to help advice me on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

A:Solved: Problems connecting laptop (Vista) to virgin wireless network via Belkin rout

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problems-connecting-laptop-vista-to-virgin-wireless-network-via-belkin-rout.838836/
Relevancy 86.43%

I am looking to connect a laptop running vista to a network printer. The printer is connected to my desktop running XP. My laptop with xp has no problem printing to it. I cant seem to get the vista laptop to work. When i attempt to add the printer to the vista laptop..it seems to identify it, but it's connection is denied. Is this a firewall issue? Is this a driver issue?

I also can't seem to connect this vista laptop to the network for file sharing etc. Maybe the same issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Connecting Vista Laptop to network and network printer

have a read here
PC Chuck's Windows XP And Vista On The LAN Together
http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2006/12/windows-xp-and-vista-on-lan-together.html

and here
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/664992-print-vista-laptop-shared-printer.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-vista-laptop-to-network-and-network-printer.953766/
Relevancy 86.43%

hi,
I am a newbe here i am asked to create a network of 30 p3 computers on a single server I plan to use couple of 8 ports and group computers in set of 7 and then interconnect the hubs . And one of the hub will have a wire runnung to the server.

My concerns are

Hub or Switch what is better
Dump or Intelligent Hub
What kind of cabling between hubs
Do we use uplink port of 2 hubs to interconnect 2 hubs ? in my case 5 hubs will be needed to they all will be interconnected in cascading manner by what ?
or do we use 1 uplink to normal port of other hub
cabling will be stratight or cross

Relevancy 86.43%

Compaq presario home premium 64 bit, I have this machine networked with my XP home machine and I can connect to it fine but if try to connect to this machine from the XP I get a window asking for username and password, I do not have a password set up, I am the only user and when I boot up it goes right to my desktop, how can I stop that window from popping up so I see this machine.

Thanks

A:Connecting to network computers

http://helpdeskgeek.com/networking/connect-two-computers/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540508/connecting-to-network-computers/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi,

I want to connect two computers together with a wired RJ45 network cable so that one of the computers can share the other computers' internet.

On the motherboard of the computer which has the internet, there is an:

'SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter'

Is this a built in network card into the motherboard, so I don't need to buy a network card for this computer?

After I have connected both computers with the cable, what happens then? What do I need to configure to get both computers working with each other?

Thanks a lot or your help.

Relevancy 85.57%

i am using win7 on my pc connected via LAN and win8 on my girlfriends laptop connected via wireless and i have been trying to connect homegroup
i made the group on my pc and when i tried to connect on the laptop it said that the computer could no longer detect the home group so i made the home group off the laptop and then when i tried to connect on the pc it said i need to be connected to a home/private network which i am as i am connected via LAN.

any solution for either option?

A:Homegroup not connecting between computers on same network

Quote: Originally Posted by low90

i am using win7 on my pc connected via LAN and win8 on my girlfriends laptop connected via wireless and i have been trying to connect homegroup
i made the group on my pc and when i tried to connect on the laptop it said that the computer could no longer detect the home group so i made the home group off the laptop and then when i tried to connect on the pc it said i need to be connected to a home/private network which i am as i am connected via LAN.

any solution for either option?

It sounds like you need to from a Public network to a private or Home network before the Homegroup can be created. The following link will help you do that.

Network Location - Set as Home, Work, or Public Network

Most other Homegroup problem can be fixed by going through the Homegroup trouble shooter in the following link.
Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows 7 HomeGroup Connection Issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332689-homegroup-not-connecting-between-computers-same-network.html
Relevancy 84.71%

A few teachers at my school want to play a PC game among ourselves during out break periods. All our computers are connected to the same network, but I don't know how to connect the computers so that we all see the same images. What kind of software do I need?

A:connecting computers in a network to play game

Check the docs for the specific game you want to play. Under multiplayer there might be a LAN option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-computers-in-a-network-to-play-game.383167/
Relevancy 84.71%

I can't connect my laptop (Vista home premium 32 with wireless connection) and Desktop (XP professional with cable ethernet connection ) in local network through wireless router D-Link (DI-524). Please help.

A:Problems connecting computers into local network

Hi tonito1509,

I assume that you are tying to get internet access from the dsl/cable modem to the router then to your laptop/desktop?

Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/173268-problems-connecting-computers-into-local-network.html
Relevancy 81.27%

My home network has several componants DSL down up and wireless down up My windows xp computer is connected to the wireless vista ultimate is connected to DSL but both are part of my home network and I am able to share files This part is fine it is hard wired My laptop xp pro wireless or hard wired sees the home hidden network is Vista a my wireless network says home network all is good Problem my tablet vista premium can Vista says my home network wireless is a hidden network only connect to wireless down wirelessly is not able to share files Not part of home network file sharing and discovery are on It will connect to home network hard cable and share files when I get thwwat part figured out It is a member of home network Vista says my home network wireless is a hidden network How do I correct this Vista says my home network wireless is a hidden network problem I am using a DSL modem to a monowall router with wireless to switches through out the house The wireless signal from a different provider Vista says my home network wireless is a hidden network through a meg I think anttena also goes to the mono wall router Monowall router is working correctly at least hard wired The purpose of a wireless home network is to sorry be wireless and able to move around and share files Sorry if it is confusing I had it all working with xp Vista is a problem that I have not figured out yet Help

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/181414-vista-says-my-home-network-wireless-hidden-network.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Title basically explains it.

I've got two computers connected to the same wireless network, and yet they fail to see each other. Both computers have file/printer sharing enabled, and yet I cannot see/access the files on the other computer.

I'm absolutely stymied as to how to fix this.

Help's appreciated,

-'Mage

A:Computers not seeing each other on wireless network?

Yes. I also have the same problem. Sorta. I have a laptop and a desktop. So does my brother, laptop and esktop. His desktop and laptop cannot connect to anything of the other computers. My laptop can. but my desktop could, but stop seeing the others on the network a few days ago. Please Help. Thanks

Pspness

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computers-not-seeing-each-other-on-wireless-network.57014/
Relevancy 79.55%

ok so this problem has been going on for awhile now but has gotten worse somehow...

before i could not access my vista computer upstairs from my xp computer downstairs.

i've made sure the settings are what they should be on the vista computer since i can easily access my xp computer from the vista computer.

now the problem has gotten worse by that i can't access my xp computer from the vista computer or vice versa so now i can't transfer files from each computer. i need to use my external drive or a flash drive.

A:Wireless network problems, Vista/XP network

could you ever access the XP machines from Vista after installing SP3?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/157282-wireless-network-problems-vista-xp-network.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I have a dlink wireless router with a Dell M1530 laptop and a XPS 420 desktop. After a lot of help from Dell, I set up the home network which was working fine. I even set up some network drives to look at and transfer files between machines. Now, the network seems to act strangely. Most of the time, the other machines mapped drives show up with the red X and can't get connected. The network connections don't show the other machine but an IP scanner will sometimes see them. I even used the IP scanner program to transfer files between machines even though they supposedly were not connected.

After the trouble I had getting the network set up, I hate to try to set it up again. The internet access to both machines works fine. I have all hard drives set to share. I use WEP security.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/142096-seeing-other-computers-wireless-router-network.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I have a wireless network which includes a cable modem and a wireless router to send wireless signal computers 2 of 1 can't connect on network wireless to two computers Everything was working fine for a long time until 1 of 2 computers on wireless network can't connect today Suddenly 1 of 2 computers on wireless network can't connect one of the computers a laptop was unable to connect The other computer a desktop continues to have internet access Therefore I assume the modem and router are ok and the problem is with the laptop The wizard on the laptop detects the network The correct password is displayed 1 of 2 computers on wireless network can't connect in quot properties quot However the wizard says that it can't connect to the network Diagostics was unable to explain The wireless button on the laptop is green and the laptop says LAN is on I took a look at network adapters in device manager which shows two wireless devices one microsoft and the other realtech both quot working properly quot I used system restore to go back the previous day which didn't help I ran ipconfig from the command prompt which says quot media disconnected quot on all of the adapters including the wireless I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless networks which make no difference I ran the procedure for resetting winsock to no avail I was unable to update drivers on the laptop without internet access I'm stymied and need some ideas

A:1 of 2 computers on wireless network can't connect

did you try a power cycle on the modem and router? Pull the power plug on both for a 10 count then plug back in starting with the modem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/1-of-2-computers-on-wireless-network-cant-connect-859713.html
Relevancy 79.12%

hi guys, im working in a small hotel and im having a problem with our wireless network.
Some of our guest couldnt detect our wiless network and some of them can. I already ruled out the possibility of iterferance because i tried to bring one of my guest laptop in our server room but still couldnt detect the signal. I already did some basic trouble shooting like reseting the server and turning their wireless adapter on and off but still didnt work.

Most of their lap tops are running vista and they were brand new.(toshibas and hp's)

any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Mark

Relevancy 79.12%

I cant view network computers via wireless in windows xp.

its my work computer and i need to connect to the printer is anybody can help me asap i would gladly appreciate it...thank you in advanced...

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\bodyshop2>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : bodyshop2
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : launchmodem.com

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethe
rnet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-02-3F-D8-C9-4A

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : launchmodem.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Wireless-B Notebook Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0F-66-06-6A-C8
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.104
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, June 18, 2007 9:16:37 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:16:37 AM

Relevancy 79.12%

2 Laptops, both with XP Pro. Using Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router wrt54gx2. Both computers can now connect to the internet okay. But they cannot communicate with each other. I ran "Set up hom e or small office network" wizard on both; said they connected to the internet through residential gateway. Rebooted; still cannot see each other. Under Network connections, each can see its own shared folder but nothing else. Both computers are on the same workgroup.

Any suggestions on what to look for to get them to recongize each other?

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi everyone I m having an extremely frustrating problem connecting to my Netgear DG G v wireless router in my flat In short Ever since I reformatted router's network to Can't adapter wireless connecting connect to wireless despite net my hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP Pro internet browsers do not detect a connection to the internet despite a wireless connection being detected in the network connections and the icon in the system tray when my wireless adapter is plugged into my PC Connection problems only occurred after the reformat another PC in my flat connects wirelessly to our router with no problems before during amp after the time I reformatted I m posting this using his PC and the router config settings have definitely not been changed in any way so its not a router problem It appears that the wireless adapter is able to detect a signal from the router but the router is not sending information to the adapter I can t even connect to the router setup IP address More detailed I wiped the PC s harddrive then reinstalled Windows XP Pro I thought the recovery disk would have drivers with Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network it like others I d used but it didn t so I had to manually find nVidia chipset amp com Ethernet controller Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network drivers and SP for USB functionality download them on another PC and transfer and install them on mine I got SP this didn t change anything I changed back to SP still no change to connectivity When my Netgear WG v wireless adapter is plugged into a USB port Windows recognises it as a device connected to the PC My Netgear DG G v router is working normally the power light is on the internet light is on and the wireless light is on all are green the internet light blinks intermittently as normal the other two are solid When the wireless adapter is plugged into the PC wireless networks are detected and I can detect and connect to my Netgear router using the same WEP key and SSID as before set at the time of router setup Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network and not changed since Bubble comes up with Wireless Network Connection NETGEAR Speed Mbps Signal Strength Very Good When a browser is opened and set to any website the DNS error screen The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable etc in IE Server not found Firefox can t find the server at www google co uk in Firefox When opening Internet Explorer the bar at the bottom of the window displays Detecting proxy settings for a few seconds before the DNS error comes up The router settings cannot be opened via a browser either by using the router setup CD or by typing http into the address bar The same error msg is displayed in IE Firefox displays Unable to connect Firefox can t establish a connection to the server at I can connect to the router setting page in the above way using my flatmate s wireless connection to the same router Opening up the properties of the wireless connection shows that data packets are sent but not received e g after leaving the wireless connection on for hours packets sent packets received I tried bridging the wireless connection with the Net Adapter connection in Network Connections LAN or High Speed Internet this had no effect reversing this also had no effect All settings IP etc were set to be automatically provided no effect I looked at my flatmate s connection settings IP address subnet mask DHCP server etc and manually specified as many of them as I could on my connection no effect I used my flatmate s connection to go into the router settings and manually specify my PC s Physical address MAC no as being always allowed to connect no effect I effectively turned off the router s firewall by setting it to allow incoming connections on all ports no effect Changed it back no effect also no firewalls installed... Read more

A:Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-net-despite-wireless-adapter-connecting-to-routers-wireless-network.541734/
Relevancy 78.26%

I recently moved and my desktop computer is now in a room in the attic, ufortunatly it had no wireless on it so i went out and bought a wireless pci card so i could connect to my internet. Installed the hard ware and the software that came with it. When i run the included software it is showking that it is connected, showing ip address, the right connection name and all the relavent info seems to be there.

But when i try to open a we b page it says i have no internet connection? when i look at xp's connection status it says it is unable to show me connection as another piece of software is controlling the connection.

The card i bought was a sumvision wireless pci adapter svw322p running on a xp computer

hope you can help thank you

A:Connecting to wireless network

it may be using a wireless utility you installed and conflicting with the XP wireless utility WZC
do you know the name of the utility you installed - it would be worth stopping this process and allowing windows zero configuration WZC to control the adapter
lets see an xirrus screen shot and a ipconfig /all

also do you have a firewall or security suite - now or old version maybe a trial version of norton or mcafee etc
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-wireless-network.1055263/
Relevancy 78.26%

I recently changed my home internet provider, thus my local area network and wireless router. I have successfully connected my laptop and other wireless devices in my home to the network but can not after hours of trying connect my desktop PC. This PC was previously connected to the previous wireless network and router. Please help.

A:Connecting to Wireless Network

Perhaps some details? What versions and patch level of Windows does the desktop run? What is the make/model of the wireless adapter and the version of the driver?

Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-wireless-network.916490/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have two wireless networks using two different routers. I can connect easily to both networks from five of my other computers, some that use XP, one with Vista and one with Windows 7. I have another AIO computer using Windows 7 that will only connect to one of the networks although both the networks appear on the list of available networks and the signal strength indicates excellent on the network that won't connect. I disconnect the network that I can access, try to connect to the other but I get the advice that the computer cannot connect. I have typed in the correct codes, do everything as on other computers but it just won't connect on this one. After a few seconds the computer automatically connects to the previous network. Any ideas?

A:Connecting to a second wireless network

If you are using WEP on that second router you will most likely need to go with WPA2 security with AES encryption instead. You will need to change the wireless profile in Windows 7 as well.

There are many new Windows 7 approved drivers that will not work with the outdated and less secure WEP security.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/254266-connecting-second-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I just built a new desk top with Win. 7 and wanted to get it connected to my wireless network. Please help.

A:Connecting to Wireless Network

Did you installed the wireless adapter driver and software to your pc?
If you are having troubles to determine the model of the adapter use everest (free)
Download Everest Home Edition 2.20 Free - Everest Home Edition - a freeware system information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution - Softpedia

I assume you already did that, make sure you download the software as well (some adapters are only works with their dedicated software.)

Is there any conflicts in Device manager?
Make sure the adapter is enabled in setup (BIOS) (if its integrated)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-to-wireless-network-652123.html
Relevancy 78.26%

hi,
running windows 7 home premium 64 bit. i'm farley knowledgeable with computers and windows OS.

i'm having trouble trying to figure out how to connect to my new room mates wireless network. my computer was connected straight to the internet at my old house via ethernet cable. so maybe my computer's setting is set for wired internet?? i looked online for help. found that i needed to click the icon on the bottom right corner (next to clock), hit refresh and the wireless network should show up. but it doesn't.

i'm not sure whats going on... hence why i'm here.
i know this is a simple fix. i'm just over looking something.

if you have any questions, please ask.
thanks for any help..

A:Help connecting to new wireless network

hi..
is it PC or laptop?? if laptop, i think some of the type notebook get to enable the wireless first. can you print screen your desktop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/164287-help-connecting-new-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,

I have a new laptop with Windows XP Pro. I can connect to the wireless network at work but not at home. I can connect to the wireless network at home with my old laptop. I have double checked the password and I am entering the correct password on the wireless network whilst trying to connect to the home wireless network on my new laptop help.

R

Relevancy 78.26%

Hey, this is my first ever post in 'Networking'
I have a slight problem, my computers wireless stick finds 2 wireless networks my own 'NETGEAR' security enabled, and my neighbors 'Zoom' unsecured network
I can connect to my home one with no trouble whenever, my neighbor leaves there wireless on, on a night, when mine gets turned off so i can use there. I can connect easy on my laptop to any network weather it be an unsecured network, basically like WiFi.

When i come to connecting on my computer it says 'connected' then when i open a web page to browse it has the little red cross there, and the connection has gone, why is this? What can i do to stop it?

I'm running windows home premium ( The same as my laptop which connects all the time ) my wireless stick is a 802.11g Wireless USB adapter.

Thanks in advance.

A:Connecting to a wireless Network

It's against the terms of service for the ISP for your neighbor to "share" his access with you, so I'm going to close this one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-a-wireless-network.851782/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi again,

I am trying to connect to a WPA wireless network using a Windows Vista laptop. I am able to connect to this network with other Vista machines without any issues, just enter the key and go. I am able to connect to other wireless networks with this computer.

The wireless NIC has been updated to the latest version and is 802.11g. (WPA capable)

I havent really dealt with Vista, are there any known issues in Vista with WPA?

Any other ideas on what I could try?

A:Connecting To A Wireless Network

Yes there may be.issues.
Just for my own sanity(and because unfortunately,we have had issues with others trying to learn how to get onto other's nets) .Can I assume that you are trying to connect to your own home network,?
If so,then there will be some things we will need to see for further diagnosis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-a-wireless-network.987920/
Relevancy 78.26%

I am running 2 desktop computers on a wireless network and have just purchased a laptop and in the process of setting it up and installing it on my wireless network, but I have forgot my network name and password.
I would like to know how to find this?

Thanks
jack

A:Connecting to wireless network

In the desktop computers that are already connected to the wireless, do the following:

1) Click on the wireless icon in the notification area (system tray), it'll show the names of all the wireless connections detected. Your home connection (to which you are connected) will be in bold with the status "Connected". That'll give you the name of the network.

2) To locate your key, just right click on the connection (that you saw in 1), click on Properties, then click on Security tab. Check the box "Show characters" to reveal the network security key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/125110-connecting-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I recently re-installed my Microsoft XP OS on my laptop computer. I have been trying to connect to the internet since then, however whenever I go to my network connections screen, the only icon available is the one for my net adapter. What do I need to do in order to connect to a wireless network? I have checked and my adapter is on, my wireless card is on (I can tell by the blue light that lights up next to the icon) and I tried setting up a network connection. Nothing makes the wireless network icon popup in the Network Connections screen. Thanks!

Relevancy 78.26%

Hello So I'm having no internet on an old XP desktop I bought at a garage sale It is Gateway MFATXPNT YKT x Ghz and GB RAM Yorktown Motherboard I have been working on getting it up and running since June wiped it clean and installed a new copy of XP People at PChelforum gave me lots of help but internet remains unsolved Here is the thread http www pchelpforum Not XP connecting wireless network PCI to in with com xf threads want-help-cleaning-pc-bought-at-garage-sale At first my usb wireless adapter worked very occasionally We tried setting up Google DNS doing some other changes to internet settings see second page of the thread I swapped the adapter out a couple times and finally change to a PCI adapter Wireless N ENLWI - N Encore Electronics Now it doesn't work at all even though it can see and connect to the wireless network and the connection is very Not connecting to network with PCI wireless in XP good Also I have a laptop which connects mostly fine although the connection periodically dies and I have to unplug the adapter then plug it back in I have spent fair amount of time looking for ideas on Google but no luck so I'm coming here I wanted to attach a minitoolbox log and hwinfo log but can't figure out how

A:Not connecting to network with PCI wireless in XP

to Bleeping Computer Community!

Are there any computers on wireless that does not disconnects from your home network? How many are connecting to your modem/router and what brand/model is it? Please post also your bandwith speed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506171/not-connecting-to-network-with-pci-wireless-in-xp/
Relevancy 78.26%

My roommates and I recently purchased high speed internet then connected a wireless router. I set up the protected network with a WPA-2 security setting. 4 of my roommates including myself found the network, typed in the passcode and connected no problem. However, one of my roommates found the network, typed in the code and the network settings window said it was connected successfully yet she has no internet. No pages will load. Is there a reason why her computer follows the same steps everyone else took and says its connected yet has no activity?

Relevancy 78.26%

I am trying to connect my laptop to my neighbor's (yes, I have permissions ) network. When I go to the screen that lists the available connections his appears and I click connect. When it is finished connecting it says not connected next to the bars that show the signal strength. If I click on the connection it says "You are currently connected to this network. If you would like to disconnect from this network, click disconnect." I am not able to use the internet though????

A:Help Connecting to wireless network

Our rules include ...

... Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.Click to expand...

So, the probability is that your neighbor is breaking the terms of service of his/her ISP and we cannot help with that. Please PM me with details if I have interpreted this incorrectly. Closing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-connecting-to-wireless-network.1003640/
Relevancy 78.26%

We have a wireless network here at work with 3 computers (XP) networked to share files and printers.

I'm trying to add a 4th (XP) computer to the network and I know nothing about networking. How do we go about this?

I've tried googling and checked the microsoft site and they weren't much help.

Relevancy 78.26%

it asks for additional information to connect to it.
it says enter credentials, user name, password, and logon domain
i made up some stuff to put in those then it says it cannot automatically detect security settings for this network or some other things. it also says that there is no certificate.

A:I need help connecting to my wireless network.

Router is your wireless how did you set it up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-connecting-to-my-wireless-network.95912/
Relevancy 78.26%

I am trying to connect a wireless but it is not connecting with error say, "selected network not in range despite having five bars and just sitting 2 feet from router. You may refresh your wireless network." I have modem and router model AN 1020- 25. My Laptop is acer having windows xp sp 3. Let me add that my laptop is also showing 3/4 other networks also who are in the range.

A:Wireless network not connecting

Two feet can be too close. Try five to ten feet away.

What wireless utility (XP's WZC, Acer ..., adapter specific) are you using and are you sure that no other one is running?

What, if any, non-Windows firewall or security suite do you have on the machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-not-connecting.1036915/
Relevancy 78.26%

My mum's got a sony vaio running Win7 pro 64 and whenever she trie to connect to our network it just doesn't.

I open the list of available networks then click on our one and then click connect. Then the list disappears and that's it. It doesn't ask me to enter a password, and it doesn't connect. It does the same on every network i've tried it on. It used to work fine but has been like this for a few weeks now.

My dad's got the same laptop and he hasn't had any problems. I've tried reinstalling the driver but it still does it.

Has anyone heard of this before?

A:Not connecting to wireless network

Hi

Are you putting in the correct password ? Do you have this symbol "" on the bottom next to the icon on the right hand side ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282708-not-connecting-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I got a new computer today with Windows 7 and I am having trouble connecting to a wireless network. I have an unsecured connection and it is telling me that it cannot connect to the network and to check the router. I know the router is working because I am on the same network with another computer. I can connect to a secured network at a friends house just fine so I don't understand what the problem is. I am not very good with computers so any help at all would be appreciated! thanks!

A:help connecting to wireless network!

Can you post your Network Connections details? Maybe there is something wrong with your wireless card.

Any errors in system Eventlogs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/30830-help-connecting-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi I have set up a wireless network in my home using s d-link N+ 300 DIR-655 and the desktop that is directly connected to the modem and router can connect to the internet and my laptop can access the wireless network and get online but I have another desktop that cannot connect to the wireless network. It can see it but when i try and connect i get the message that it was unable to connect or sometimes that i was able to connect but have limited connectivity. Im not really computer savvy but i follow directions well so any help would be greatly appreciated. This has been driving me crazy and i have done everything i know how to correct it and I am sure that i have the correct WPA password in there so that is not the problem.

Relevancy 78.26%

is there a way of viewing which computers are connected to a wireless network at any one time?
without logging into router settings?

A:Viewing which computers are connected on my wireless network

A free program like Angry IP Scanner can give you a list of connected computers for a given block of IP addresses. It does not separate wired vs. wireless connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-which-computers-are-connected-on-my-wireless-network.621246/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have connected my wireless network like this:

Cable modem-> computer-> wireless router -> 2 more computers.

I have the computer with internet connected into a lan port on the router and used the network wizard on Windows XP after giving my router and the other computers on the network static IP's since the internet connection wanted the IP my router was originally on.

After days I have gotten as far as seing the internet gateway connected on my other computers and my wireless network connected but i can't open internet explorer on these computers.

Im doing the network this way because i have no choice. The Ethernet on my cable modem is broken and the modem is out of warranty. Getting a replacement from my ISP is like pulling teeth and theoretically this should work....

Could someone please tell me something else that maybe I should check? (before going mad, that is)

Thanks

A:No internet on computers connected to Wireless network

What you are describing is windows Internet connection sharing. I've used it before and it is extremely difficult to get working and extremely unreliable. I had to keep resetting my modem about every hour or so to stop the whole setup from locking up.

You really would be far far better off getting your modem fixed and doing it the proper way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-on-computers-connected-to-wireless-network.88677/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hey, I have a home wireless network for two XP PC's and one XP laptop. One of the PC's and the laptop both have internet access through my comcast internet and linksys routers, but the other PC wont connect. Ive tried unplugging and re-plugging the routers, and re-booting. I can connect to the network (it says connected with very good signal) but I can't get on the internet.both of my other computers are on the same network but they can connect just fine. I dont know any computer language so please only use 'noob' terms. Thanks so much for the help, it is greatly appreciated!

-MXB-​

A:On my wireless network, all my computers have internet access except for one.

Well, I've experienced something similar, but to fix it you'll have to do some things that aren't too hard...

Try going on to you're router's web based configuration page and change the IP (I'm guessing that the default is 192.168.0.1) to 192.168.0.2

That might not work, and knowing me, I wouldn't bet on it, so, maybe you should try changing channels on your router to avoid any interference. Try changing it to 11, that helped me in other areas I can remember.

Have you gone on the PC and checked the wireless on there? It says its connected you say, so in the task bar should be a little icon meaning Wireless is detected (And hopefully connected)

Try right clicking that, and going to Status, then Properties. There should be a new window that comes up, with a list of things with check boxes. Scroll there, and find something called "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)". Once there, make sure that "Obtain IP Address Automatically" and "Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically" are checked.

I don't know what else to tell you if that doesn't work, other than upgrading firmware of your router, which is fairly easy.

Best of luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-my-wireless-network-all-my-computers-have-internet-access-except-for-one.84008/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello all I am new here to the forum and wireless computers for network be both reason freezing? my Can the I did read the faq and etiquette stuff I did also do a few different searches to see if anyone else had posted a similar problem but unfortunately found none I have had my Linksys wireless g card since August It really never got a work out until after September though because I was barely using the laptop then a note I have all Linksys equipment I am now running my Dell Latitude C laptop and my home built from many parts computer running Can my wireless network be the reason for both computers freezing? on the linksys network Lately I have noticed that my mouse freezes while I am on the internet via the laptop but if I disconnect my wireless card the mouse pops back into motion and everything is cool Well not too long after this started my desktop totally froze everytime my AV and Windows Defender would try to access the internet Is is possible something in my network is causing this I have also had the interesting problem of my desktop which is wired to the router is jumping on the wireless network instead I have limited okay VERY limited network experience Any help would be much preciated Thanks nbsp

A:Can my wireless network be the reason for both computers freezing?

>I have also had the interesting problem of my desktop (which is wired to the router)
> is jumping on the wireless network instead.

if it's connected to the same router that supports the WiFi, then this is normal.

To your question re active wireless leading to a freeze; YES.
get the make/model/version numbers for your Linksys (likely WRT54G)
as well as the same info for your wireless adaptors in all systems.

1) get the lates firmware for the router and update it
2) do likewise for each system.

also make sure you are current with Microsoft Updates for all systems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-wireless-network-be-the-reason-for-both-computers-freezing.74579/
Relevancy 78.26%

I ve got a Sony Vaio labtop I bought months ago in the US I m in Australia now but have no international warranty Sony tells me to send the labtop to Sony repair so they can look at it They trouble shooted over the phone but it didn t help 2 wireless connected when computers network to BSOD Asked me to reformat the hard drive which I really don t want to do This is the problem The computer works fine and I can connect and browse the internet with my wireless connection However as soon as I connect another computer to the wireless network or if I m in a hotel using wireless it also happens because other computer are connected to the same network I get the BSOD The problem is that I cannot say exactly when it happens SOmetimes it happens within minute of being connected and browsing Yet sometimes it takes min or maybe min I don t think I survived longer than h though with computers on the same wireless network I didn t notice the problem at first because I only used the one computer So I think the problem has always been there but I didn t notice it until I connected a nd computer To get the blue screen I don t even have to actively browse I could just scroll down on a page and it happens without warning Do you guys think this is a hardware problem and I need to send my PC to the US for repair I d much rather try a few things before I do this Can you help please nbsp

A:BSOD when 2 computers connected to wireless network

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver. Assuming that you are using the integrated adapter get the driver from Sony's web site. Even if you have the latest driver reinstall it anyhow (in case the installed version is corrupted).

Also try these repairs ...

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-when-2-computers-connected-to-wireless-network.1020463/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have two computers both windows XP A laptop and a desktop Both of them connect wirelessly the laptop with a card and the desktop with a wireless G on Network. one Wireless of my on get the Solved: computers. two can't I internet usb adapter to my Linksys Wireless G Network Router Recently the internet on my desktop computer Solved: I can't get on the internet on one of my two computers. Wireless Network. has had quot Limited or no connectivity quot When I try to start Firefox it says server not reached I connect to my quot source quot which I assume means my router but I can not find the internet My laptop and my home phone both get internet access through the same router and they work just fine By the way my ISP is Comcast For about two years my desktop had internet access with the same adapter but a few days ago it stopped working I called Linksys and after a looooooooooooooonnnnnnnggggggggg time of trying to solve the problem and a lot of repeating the same information to different technicians they told me that I had to replace my adapter I got a new adapter the WUSB GC plug in adapter and installed it The one computer icon on the bottom right of my desktop still has a yellow sign with an exclamation point next to it that says limited or no connectivity I have made sure that I had the correct security code I changed all sorts of settings in the Properties of the Internet Protocol TCP IP in Wireless Connection Properties including making it so that I typed in my own IP address subnet mask default gateway and Preferred and Alternate DNS servers I visited on my browser many times and I did alot of unplugging and restarting I also reinstalled the drivers for both of the adapters numerous times NOTHING HAS WORKED Please help me get the internet back on my desktop Ask any questions that could prove helpful Thanks so much for your time P S This is my old adapter http www linksys com servlet Satel versiondetail And this is my new one http www linksys com servlet Satel ypage download nbsp

A:Solved: I can't get on the internet on one of my two computers. Wireless Network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-cant-get-on-the-internet-on-one-of-my-two-computers-wireless-network.722599/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a dell desktop running windows vista that connects to my wireless router with a cable I have an HP laptop that is running windows that is wireless When I look at network computers on the dell I cannot and with wireless same network wired the computers to connect get an error message that says that the computer is not accessible The same thing happens when I try to log onto the desktop from cannot connect to the same network with wired and wireless computers the laptop When I try to run the network wizard from the desktop I see see connect to the internet connect to a wireless router or access point setup a dialup connection and connect to a workplace None of them make sense cannot connect to the same network with wired and wireless computers but I tried connect to a wireless router and got a message that said to cannot connect to the same network with wired and wireless computers set it up manually or set up a flash drive neither of which makes sense I tried set it up manually and all that happened is the router setup screen opened up I tried the same thing on the laptop and the setup the network wizard opened a screen that said choose a wireless router or access point to configure but nothing ever showed up on that screen I hate to knock windows but this all seems unnecessairly complicated It can t be that odd to have wired and wireless computers on the same network nbsp

A:cannot connect to the same network with wired and wireless computers

sorry, not clear if your issue is connecting those pcs to the internet or if you are trying to share the computers across your network

do both pcs work on the internet OK ?

if sharing
Here&#8217;s how you can get your Windows 7 PC to share printers and files with XP and Vista PCs--and even a Mac
http://www.pcworld.com/article/184232/set_up_your_home_network_windows_7_edition.html
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/12246/share-a-printer-on-your-network-from-vista-or-xp-to-windows-7/

Share files between windows 7 and vista
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/9040/how-to-share-files-and-printers-between-windows-7-and-vista/

Here&#8217;s how you can get your Windows 7 PC to share printers and files with XP and Vista PCs--and even a Mac.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/184232/set_up_your_home_network_windows_7_edition.html

Complete Guide to Networking Windows 7 with XP and Vista
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/15247/complete-guide-to-networking-windows-7-with-xp-and-vista/

if you are trying to get on the internet
can we see an ipconfig /all from both pcs - make sure we know which is which
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-the-same-network-with-wired-and-wireless-computers.1075184/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have 2 computers (2 desktops, both desktops have a wireless connection to the internet via a Netgear router and USB adapters). Both computers have the same workgroup name and all use Windows XP Home SP2. Both computers connect to the internet fine, however,I can open a file or folder from workgroup computer PC 2 from PC 1, but when I try to access a folder on PC1 from PC 2 I get an error message states that the file is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. The network path was not found. Also, when I try to view workgroup computers from either PC I see only the comptuter I am searching from.

Other information that might be useful: Windows Firewalls are on, AVG Internet Security is installed and running on one and McAfee Security is running on the other one. I can ping each one to the othe fine. All permissions are properly set for sharing.

A:Cannot view workgroup computers via Wireless Network?

Can you ping both ways by computer name? Have you disabled all firewalls to see if this is a firewall issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-view-workgroup-computers-via-wireless-network.614697/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi there, I have 1 laptop and 1 Desktop PC connected to my wireless network, using a adapter for the desktop. I cannot see my desktop for example if i go to "network" on my laptop. the only computer there is my laptop, but not my desktop. I have enabled sharing etc...and tried going to the individual folders and enabling them for sharing. No luck. Would appreciate any help at all.

Relevancy 78.26%

I have a problem that comes with a long story so sorry i have cable internet which is set up inside my house the cable modem is connecet to a Two see routers cant on wireless network Solved: computers wireless router via a ethernet cable to the wan port This is then connected to a wireless access router via port one of wr to the wan port of wr this is set up in an office about mts away from wr on wr i have disabled the wireless as this caused many problems an connected an access point as advised by dlink wr also has two other computers Solved: Two wireless routers cant see computers on network connected to it including an exchange server these are connected to the wr ports All computers can connect to the internet via Solved: Two wireless routers cant see computers on network the access point or wr or wr without an issue All computers in the area of wr and the access point can see all computers on the network but when anything is connected to wr they cannot see the exchange server or any computers on the network lan settings as advised by dlink wr wr I am at my witts end nbsp

A:Solved: Two wireless routers cant see computers on network

Here's the recipe for connecting two routers to accomplish what you are trying to do.

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-two-wireless-routers-cant-see-computers-on-network.656402/
Relevancy 78.26%

I just purchased a Lexmark X which is wireless enabled I followed the install instructions using my main desktop system The install does have you connect printer to wireless Wireless existing Connecting network a USB Connecting Wireless printer to existing wireless network cable for part of the installation My main system is wired to my router I installed the printer drivers and did wireless setup on one of my laptops Good news is that the laptop recognizes the printer and prints just fine Ok here is my question My main system that is hard wired to the router does not recognize the lexmark printer unless I plug the USB cable back into it If I do that then the printer does not work for all the other wirelessly connected systems So does anyone know if I can get this to work without buying a wireless card for my main desktop system I was hoping that with my main system connected to the wireless router wired that it would work Thanks in advance for the help Marty nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

Hey everyone,

Does anyone happen to know how to successfully create a network in Windows XP Pro for a wireless laptop and for an Ethernet-hooked-up (non-wireless) computer. I'm trying to printer and file share the two together BUT I've exhausted myself in trying to make it happen. Has anyone successfully done this? Am I missing something? Perhaps hardware?

I would truly appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks all!

A:HELP on setting up an XP network for wireless and non-wireless computers together...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-on-setting-up-an-xp-network-for-wireless-and-non-wireless-computers-together.323389/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi everyone I am connected to a domain My new workstaion uses vista x ultimate My laptop uses vista business x and my file server uses XP pro SP My configuration on the visa x machine has file and printer sharing checked for all vista see x64 not can computers on network the network card Network discovery and file sharing are ON in the network configuration When I use vista x64 can not see all computers on network the vista x64 can not see all computers on network file server name I can see the shared folders and access their files on the XP-pro machine from my vista x workstation When I click the network icon on my desktop only the vista machines in my domain are visible Since I have access to the shared files on the xp file server using Run computer name why does this machine not show up in the network Moreover why can I not see any other machines on my network My Vista x notebook is set up identically and it can see the XP-based file server when clicking on network as well as every other computer in the domain My XP-pro file server is running XP SP which contains the Microsoft Windows link to download the LLTD update KB fix At least that what I am told when I tried to install this hotfix Thank you for any suggestion you may have that can resolve this issue Scott

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/179925-vista-x64-can-not-see-all-computers-network.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have two computers both running on vista. One is wired to the router the other is wireless. How do I setup the network so I can get the wireless computer to recognize the signal and also provide a secure network?
DSL
Windows Vista

A:Network two Vista Computers

Please supply the following info, exact models of the equipment please.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
Make/model of the broadband modem. If dial-up, please specify.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Connection type, wired, wireless.
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-two-vista-computers.600453/
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a home-based business We have two desktops and one laptop One desktop is older - single core processor running XP The other desktop is new this year - dual 3 Vista Computers Network: on and 7, XP processor running Win The laptop is about a year old dual-core running Vista I have them all networked but it s really messy I ve talked to two different IT guys and both have told me I need to upgrade to Win on everything 3 Computers on Network: 7, Vista and XP I agree that would be ideal but I don t want to upgrade the oldest machine and can t afford to replace it yet 3 Computers on Network: 7, Vista and XP In a couple months I can replace it with a newer machine and will have Win put on it Upgrading the laptop to isn t a big deal Meanwhile I ve Googled enough and read articles on TSG to know this can be done I have two main problems right now The XP machine is used by my employee who isn t a geek I need her to have straightforward access to shared files and data and I need her to have a straightforward path to follow when saving files The other issue not as big a deal the Win machine has multiple shortcuts just gunking up the view Does anyone know an article you can direct me to that helps set up this scenario Thanks for any help you can offer nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi All,

I was trying to create a wireless adhoc network and starting facing an issue.

I created a wireless adhoc computer to computer network connection, but when I go to "View Available Wireless Networks" this never shows up...?

If it's not showing up how do I connect ? and why it's not showing up ?

thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-connecting-to-wireless-ad-hoc-network-294895.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have fiberhome an1020-25 router. Last night wireless was working fine, but today it doesn't connect to internet even the signal is strong. When i try to connect with it. It says there might be interference between this computer and the network access point,k or the network is refusing access to this computer. I tried to repair and other things. but Nothing worked. Other Computer connected through lan works fine.

Any reply will be useful

A:Solved: Not connecting to wireless Network.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-not-connecting-to-wireless-network.1037862/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a wireless router connected to a cable modem, and a wire to one PC. The router is a linksys wrt54gs. I installed a pci adapter (linksys model wmp54gs) in another PC but can not get it to connect to the internet wirelessly (it connects fine with the wire). Both PCs are running Windows XP.

My PC says that the wireless adapter is disconnected, and I can not get it to connect to the network.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 77.4%

I have a laptop with windows 2000. I reinstalled windows 2000 and the software for the wireless card. The card is working but on the bottom right of the taskbar I have the "network card unplugged" icon. Why does it say this when the card is installed and working and how do I fix it.

Relevancy 77.4%

When i try to connect my xbox 360 to my wirless network via belkin wirless router and then try and connect my wirless laptop it says their is an error with the IP. So im gessing that my xbox and my computer are using the same IP address and my computer wont let it. I dont know but any help will be great thxs.

Relevancy 77.4%

I have a neighbor who has an OPEN network called @HOMED689 . For some reason my Windows 8 machines keep trying to connect to this SSID automatically.

I've never tried to connect to it. Once it's connected however, with limited connectivity, I don't have the ability to right click on it and say "Forget this network" or do anything to it such as when I connect to another wireless it says:

Show Estimated Data Usage
Set as Metered Connect
Forget this Network
View Connection Properties

Nothing.

I have not found a way to stop my laptop from connecting to it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Josh

A:Windows 8 Keeps connecting to a wireless network

Hello Josh, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if you may be able to do OPTION TWO in the tutorial below to "Forget this network" in the command prompt instead to remove that wireless network.

Wireless Network Profile - Delete in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/27086-windows-8-keeps-connecting-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi Everyone,

I have searched the forum and has read many different topics on issues with connecting Vista to a printer on Xp box, via network.

I have tried many different ways that have been suggested but still can't get teh printer installed.

This is my set-up:-
Printer:- Epson R310
XP Box: Hp Media Centre running Media Centre SP2
Vista Laptop: running Vista Home Premium 32bit
Router: D-link DI-634M

The error I am getting is "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied."

Any help would be great appreciated.

A:Connecting Printer on Wireless Network

Hi, nashie

Silly question to start of with, but have you set up a home network ?
If so is the network the same name on both computers ?
Have you also enabled file and printer sharing ?

I had trouble with XP I am connected to the XP through a Netgear and it was a little bit of a nightmare,.

Steve.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/146676-connecting-printer-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello,

I've just recived a new modem from my isp. Ive connected it up and have got internet... adventually... But every time i direct it into my wireless router then back into the computer, the internet is gone.

Is there a way to refigure the internet options to get my wireless back up again? (im sure there is, just dont have the knowledge doing so)

Before this new modem came, i was able to do so. But now i can't.

if you need any details of any of the hardware. ill be happy to help you with that.

thanks

A:Connecting wireless router to network.

sorry wrong thread....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wireless-router-to-network.910674/
Relevancy 77.4%

I connect to the wireless network I want By the way this has just happened in the past few days It says Idenfying And thats it Under it it says quot Local quot Yet Not Wireless Identifying Connecting Network, but no quot and Internet quot Im runing Windows on a Compaq Model presario V it is my ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name bylum-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - -D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bd e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Wireless Network, Identifying Yet Not Connecting Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - -D - D- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D- D - - F- A D CF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - Wireless Network, Identifying Yet Not Connecting - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes If you need any extra information feel free to ask I would like to reolve thisn issue as fast as possible ----- gt Right now I am on the laptop in discussion conected directly to the ethernet able from he modem Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless Network, Identifying Yet Not Connecting

can you explain your network - modem, router , make and models
anything else on the router work - is it just your PC

can we see an xirrus screen shot - see below

what security suite / firewall do you have or ever had on the PC ?

also try a tcp/ip reset
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7.

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.
Post back the results here - we need to know these commands worked correctly
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-identifying-yet-not-connecting.989302/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello,

I have a toshiba satellite laptop with a Cisco wireless LAN adapter. At school, I use VPN dialer to access the school's secure wireless network. But at home, even though my computer detects several local wireless networks, I cannot tap into any of them to browse the internet or check e-mail... even when the signal strength is "good" to "very good." A couple of my friends have come over to my place, and their laptops have been able to access the internet through these networks just fine... but for some reason, my laptop can't.

Can someone help? I would really appreciate it!
Thanks in advance.

A:Problem connecting to wireless network

"Cannot" means what? Your fingers don't bend to click the mouse button?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-connecting-to-wireless-network.26014/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,

I have a linksys wireless router Model #:BEFW11S4 version 4. I initially tried to configure the router from my laptop instead of my desktop and later configured properly from my desktop. Since that day, I have not been able to connect to my wireless n/w though everyone else in my house are able to connect from their laptop with the WEP key that I setup. Could you please help.

A:Problem connecting to wireless network

First try to connect with encryption disabled. If unsuccessful, exactly what do you do and what happens? What operating system and service pack level do you have? What wireless adapter are you using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-to-wireless-network.607773/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a wireless network at home but my laptop does not connect to it. The network works as my iPhone connects to it az well as my PS3. The laptop finds the network and has full bars for connectivity but it is only on a local network. I don't have a P.C in the home, the only time I can go online is when the laptop is plugged in. My laptop operates with vista.

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,

I am trying to connect an Canon ip4200 printer to a wireless network.

The wireless network is via a Siemens 6250 wireless router, connected via LAN cable to a desktop computer running windows XP. The printer connects to this computer via USB cable. There is two laptops connected to the wireless network which i would like to be able to print from, both running windows XP.

Can i set it up with the current equipment but require having the desktop computer running to print or is there a way to directly connect the printer to the wireless router?

Thanks for any help coming my way!

Relevancy 77.4%

I have two network LAPTOP connecting wireless not to dell laptops and one desktop Desktop is connected to router through cable from the router Both laptops were set LAPTOP not connecting to wireless network up to use the wireless network I have Netgear MR router Both were working ok But now one laptop does not connect to the wireless It detects the network with good signal strength but when I click connect it pops up the message quot Windows unable to detect the selected network Network may be out of range quot This laptop had a virus so the data got backed up and the XP operating system got reinstalled by a computer service person After that it stopped connecting to wireless It works when I connect it through the cable Also any other laptop gets connected As per suggestions in this forum I reset the router to factory defaults and added WPA encryption with a password and it still did not work Other laptops are still working Any suggestions are appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:LAPTOP not connecting to wireless network

JohnWill already split out your other posts and started a thread for you: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/610897-wireless-connection-issue.html

I responded there, so please continue there. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-connecting-to-wireless-network.610987/
Relevancy 77.4%

Am using hp pavilion t550a with xp home and dlink dwl 520 wireless adapter.
Have got internet protocol set to obtain ip & dns automatically.
I get a bubble mess saying that there might be inerference between this computer and the network access point, or the network is refusing access to this computer.

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I have a netgear router for dsl connection on which i connect several laptops with several operating systems i now want to get internet access an old desktop a Pentium III Win SE I bought a TP-link WN N Wireless USB adapter to try and do this it of course it did not work i told the seller that it wouldn to Wireless a Connecting a III Network Pentium t as it clearly stated it was not tested on anything before win but we decided to try anyway i ll get a refund My question what if any adapters can provide access to a wireless connection for a Pentium III with Win Connecting a Pentium III to a Wireless Network Is there something Connecting a Pentium III to a Wireless Network i can do to make above mentioned TP Link work - I do not care Connecting a Pentium III to a Wireless Network if the adapter is USB or PCI whatever gets the job done will do is my stance unless there is a reason i should care - i may have a problem with availability of the hardware where i am so i need several options and those being from popular makes Thank you so much for your time and effort nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

I'm new to a wireless network and I want to connect my HP printer so my lap tops can access it also. My HP Photosmart printer is connected to my Dell Desktop using XP home. One of my laptops uses XP home also and one uses Vista.
I have connected my computers to my network and I went into my desktop and clicked the share printer tab. I also downloaded the drivers for the printer to my laptops but I cant get either laptop to print. What am I doing wrong?
Thanx in advance,
George

A:Connecting a printer to a wireless network

On each pC
- go to your network properties and make sure that you have "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" installed under the General tab
- set the workgroup to the same value (e.g. mygroup), and make sure each pc has a unique short name (e.g. pc1, pc2 etc.)
- (temporarily) disable any software firewalls that you are running (ZoneAlaram, Comodo, Windows Firewall etc.)

- make sure the PC with the printer attached is on and the printer is on and working and the printer has a simple share name (e.g. printer1)
- at your XP laptop go to Start->Printers and Faxes->Add New printer, choose Networked printer and then type \\pc1\printer1 (or whatever you called your pc and printer) when prompted for the name
- this shoud now install the printer (note that the full drivers do not need to be installed on each PC for it to be able to print)

If the above works then try it on the Vista PC next and finally reenable your firewall and try and configure it to allow printing.

Sláinte

midders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-printer-to-a-wireless-network.848748/
Relevancy 77.4%

Could anyone offer any help or advice to connect my partner's laptop to my wireless network?

The router is a Sagem provided by my ISP (Sky). The wireless connection works fine on my MacBook, and various other devices connect no problem with the security key.

However, his laptop (Windows Vista) will not connect wirelessly. After entering the password, it says it can't connect because it 'times out' (we are obviously entering the password immediately with no delay). It connects fine with an ethernet cable. It will also connect to an unsecured wireless network we can pick up.

The security setup is WPA-PSK with TKIP encryption, and we've made sure he is using these settings.

If it might be important, he has just moved here, and previously his laptop was connected to another Sky router with no problems.

Any help would be welcome - many thanks.

A:Connecting second laptop to wireless network

Make sure he has the latest wireless driver. If the adapter is integrated it should be from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

Make sure you are not locking him out with MAC Address Filtering on the router.

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. Assuming success re-enable encryption and try to connect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-second-laptop-to-wireless-network.1012277/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello all Wireless to Network Connecting Issues I ve searched around the forum trying to find an issue similar to mine and didn t seem to find anything so hopefully I m not posting a repeat Two weeks ago I purchased an Asus G Connecting to Wireless Network Issues VW from Best Buy here s a link Connecting to Wireless Network Issues to the item s page http www bestbuy com site Asus - amp skuId amp st asus g amp cp amp lp So I wasn t having any issues until I came back to my apartment from visiting my parents over the weekend but when I returned I noticed that my wireless connection would drop internet not network connection and then re-establish it rather quickly Progressively it began to drop more and more often I tried a system restore to a week beforehand and I then could not get any internet connection I undid that system restore and now I cannot connect to the internet at all but still connect to the network Also I plugged the ethernet cable directly from the modem to the computer and I cannot get internet access from that My older laptop my xbox and my roommate s laptop are not experiencing any of these problems which leads me to believe it is an issue with my computer For what it s worth however I have a Linksys E router I sent an email to Asus Technical support but I m pretty upset that a brand new laptop is having these issues so I was hoping I could get some help here Any bit would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

i'm making this post only to help others that may run into the problem hopefully google will pick this up too i have experienced a problem only connecting network wireless for slow FIX to in vista my wireless network would work perfect then i'd make a change to it like its wireless security settings and then it would not connect at all or a lot slower than it used to even after rebooting it would take a while to connect with all the settings correct i've also noticed windows XP does not have this problem at all eventually i found a solution to this problem if you're going to make a change to your wireless connection first delete your wireless network adapter in device manager reboot and windows should reinstall your wireless adapter be sure to have your drivers ready in case you're not using a windows driver also make sure you saved any network settings that you will need to re-enter i have done this twice now and it always makes my wireless connection start up right away i FIX for slow connecting to wireless network think deleting the adapter completely wipes out the old wireless settings FIX for slow connecting to wireless network that might confuse vista and FIX for slow connecting to wireless network make it slow to connect

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/245171-fix-slow-connecting-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 77.4%

HP Pavillion with Windows Vista
Using a Diamond 300 mbps Wireless Repeater
Netgear Wireless Dualband Router N600 WNDR3400v2

When attempting to open IE, a popup opens that says:
Connect to 10.0.10.254
The server 10.0.10.254 at GoAhead requires a username and password.
Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).
User name:
Password:
and OK and Cancel

In device manager, computer doesn't recognize a wireless device.
It displays NVIDIA nForce 10/100 mbps Ethernet but nothing else.

Other devices (laptop,Ipad) can connect to the wireless in the home.
Internet provider says it is not on their end.

Can someone please offer some advice on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you

A:Desktop Wireless network not connecting

Go to Device Manager, find the wireless adaptor. It should have a yellow ! symbol next to it.

Post details here, then you need to install the drivers for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-wireless-network-not-connecting.195589/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi have installed Windows 8 on my MacBook Pro Retina Display 15" via Bootcamp.

Everything works perfectly, except for when I try to connect to a new wireless network. it just hangs on trying to connect and I cant even hit CANCEL.

However if I create the network profile and reboot my machine it connects to the wireless network via the profile with no dramas.

but as soon as I want to connect to a new wireless network it just hangs. I cant cancel out.

anyone seen this before? can you help pls?

Relevancy 77.4%

Hiya I m a bit stuck and have searched a lot of forums but can t seem to sort this out I ve got a wireless network set up with my pc connected directly to router and laptop connected wirelessly to router and latop connected wirelessly to router I ve also connected my xbox wirelessly to the router All can access the internet My pc can see the laptops and the laptops can see my pc all in same workgroup My xbox can connect to the laptops and stream music videos etc from them But it s not seeing my pc which is where most of my music and vids are stored Is this something to do with the fact that my pc is directly connect to the router Even though everything is on the same network At first I thought it was the firewall on my pc but I switched this off and still no joy I m sure there must be simple answer but I just don t know it Thanks nbsp PC 360 Connecting on to Xbox network wireless

Relevancy 77.4%

My HP Mini netbook shows the wireless network that I have here at home, but even after putting in the password, it does not connect to the wireless network. It says "Acquiring Network address" but never connects. My other laptop (a Sony Vaio) and my dvd blue-ray player connect just fine to the wireless network and only this netbook doesn't. I have no clue how to get it to connect. Here is the information from the IPCONFIG /ALL:

Windows IP Configuration
Host Name ........................... : your-6c359a3bdc
Primary Dns Suffic ................ :
Node Type ........................... : Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled................ : No
WINS Proxy Enabled ............ : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Media State ......................... : Media disconnected
Description .......................... : 802.11n Wireless LAN Card
Physical Address ................. : 00-1B-41-F2-44

Thanks in advance for any help that is provided.

A:Hp Mini not connecting to wireless network

Were you ever able to connect this PC to that particular wireless network? If so ...

Try with the router's encryption disabled. Assuming success you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-mini-not-connecting-to-wireless-network.1050416/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi guys and gals , wondering if you can help me out on this one . Ive had my Samsung R60+ laptop a while now and have not had any trouble connecting it to the BT broadband in work . We have a Inspiron 530 desktop computer at home , and is connected to AOL broadband via a Speedtouch 585 router ( which i am told is wireless ) . But i cant for the life of me manage to connect the laptop to the internet when im at home , and AOL are as much help to me as a chocolate teapot in the dessert , so please please please help my out! lol

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi everyone, I recently had to format my hard drive and reinstall vista onto my laptop. Since then, I haven't been able to connect to either my home router, or more recently (since I moved to my Dad's) to his router. Every time I try and connect it says "Wireless association failed due to an unknown reason." My only options are "Try connecting to Livebox-3268 again", which results in a repeat of the original message after an attempt at repairing, or to "View available wireless networks", of which there aren't any.

Any help with this situation would be much appreciated, I can post any details of my laptop and router on request, although I am a bit of a beginner with computers so you may have to bear with me if I need a few extra steps to clarify how to do something.

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Problem connecting to my wireless network

Open Device Manager and see if there are any red x's or yellow flags next to your network adapter. Next, open a command prompt and type the following without the quotes and paste all the results back here, "ipconfig /all". Also check, open IE, click Tools, Internet Options, Connection Tab and then the LAN Tab and in the window that opens make sure that all the check boxes are clear, if not clear them and close IE and re-open IE.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/281909-problem-connecting-my-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a Netgear router, a Dell PC, and a MacBook Pro laptop. Everything was working fine until I tried to connect to my wireless network on my Mac today. I put in my network password on the Mac and it says it is invalid. I have not changed any settings on my PC.

Relevancy 77.4%

I'd like to see if there's a way to wirelessly connect my new smart HDTV to my computer so that I can use the TV as another computer monitor while my computer is in another room of my home through the wireless network). I'm not sure if this is even possible. Thank you.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 20 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3579 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6300 series Graphics, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 456838 MB, Free - 203854 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire X1430
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2013, Updated and Enabled

A:Connecting TV To Computer Through Wireless Network

Intel WiDi will let you do that. You will have to invest in some hardware though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-tv-to-computer-through-wireless-network.1101213/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have recently purchased an Xbox which has a Wifi connection built into it. I can access internet and download via Xbox live. The strngth of the connection to the router seems pretty good

I have also tried to set up Media Centre and have one through the relevant instructions and can successfully connect to my PC to view photos, video etc, however the connection is very poor according to the XBOX and sometimes drops off.

My Set up is a PC with a Thomson V585 v7 wireless router connected via ethernet with one additional PC connecting wirelessly and an XBOX

I dont quite understand how the broadband can have a strong connection whilst the network is weak?

Are there any settings checks I can perform to improve this

Thwnka

Kwack

A:Connecting XBOX to Wireless Network

Is your computer hardwired to the router or wireless? Are they both in the same room, or close to the router? Sometimes, distance playes a huge role, and so does how many barriers the signal has to travel through.

Let us know,
Ben

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/108825-connecting-xbox-wireless-network.html