Windows Support Forum

Solved: Vista gaming issues!

Q: Solved: Vista gaming issues!

Are there any games that work on Windows vista home premium? The only one that has worked for me is Realflight g3.5....Tigerwoods 05,nascar simracing and mvpbaseball 2005 do not work at all.Is this fixable right now???

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Vista gaming issues!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 60.63%

When I upgraded to windows vista red alert two doesn't work any more. I would boot the game which works fine but when i get around 5-15 seconds in the game it would kill all my people and it would say Game Over and go to menu again does anyone know the problem??

A:Vista Gaming Issues!

Have you tried setting it to run in compatibility mode? Try setting it to run in compatibility mode for XP SP2, and Run as Administrator. Just a guess, but worth a shot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-gaming-issues.546714/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all I have recently acquired a PC running Vista Home Premium bit and I am having trouble with some games The situation on Vista 64 Gaming issues is as follows Desktop PC with Vista Home Premium Sp Intel Core Quad Q Ghz FSB Gaming issues on Vista 64 Mhz Gaming issues on Vista 64 Gb DDR ram Nvidia GS Mb Gb disk This machine will only run FarCry in the lowest settings where the water is just a white block anything higher like medium settings and the whole thing whites out you can play but playing in peasoup fog is not very interesting This machine also plays Civilisation IV like a dog even from the very start the map scrolls across the screen in monthly installments and the movement of units is not much better Only had the machine days have upgraded the Nvidia drivers to but no improvement on either game Plays Rome Total War just fine Laptop with Vista Home Premium Sp Intel Core Duo T Ghz FSB Mhz Gb DDR ram Nvidia M GT Mb Gb disk Runs FarCry and Rome Total War fine and runs Civ Iv an absolute dream throughout the game even on the largest worlds Desktop PC with XP Home Sp Intel P Prescot Ghz FSB Mhz Gb DDR ram ATI X Mb Gb disk Runs FarCry and Rome Total War fine and runs Civ Iv an absolute dream throughout the game even on the largest worlds Any suggestions on what the issues might be with the new machine would be much appreciated given its windows experience rating far out strips the laptop Meanwhile I will get some fishing done Thanks and Happy New Year to all

A:Gaming issues on Vista 64

Have you patched the game? if so, was it with the autopatcher or stand alone installation?

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/202831-gaming-issues-vista-64-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Vistax I'm having this big issue with Vista and First Person Shooters While playing I get a random quot freeze quot it only lasts for millisecond and this happens every mins Sometimes worse and sometimes it may last longer like tonight in game it didn't happen for mins of game play The thing is it doesn't happen in Windows XP bit I've basically replaced every part of my PC and it hasn't fixed the issue I have tried Different Graphics Cards GTX HD and a GTX Replaced Motherboard Different CPU's different E 's and a E Replaced PSU Last PSU was a OCZ GameXtream W now I have a Corsair HX W I have tried RAM GB stickk at a time I have GB all up My With Issues Vista (64bit) Gaming PC Specs E GHzGTX SP EP -UD P GB GBx G-Skill PI PC MHz For NowCorsair HX W TB GB Gaming With Vista (64bit) Issues WD GB Samsung GB WD Another thing to add in is it also happens with Windows bit I have also tried a RANGE of drivers and no go Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/221340-gaming-vista-64bit-issues.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi. My name is misty. I just bought a pc that has windows vista on it. I have a hp pavilion slimline. My problem is that online games runescape and pogo are no longer working. i can get runescape to pull up and play but it lags really bad and pogo will not let us play but one game. it refuses to let us open any other games. i need some serious help. this windows vista has beaten me and its becoming more of a problem than a blessing. please help

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I m new to this board but I have spent ages looking for information that might and gaming the Vista for - LAN issues the of XP source issue? what's help me to no avail I apologise if I ve missed it in my searching and I know this problem seems to crop up a lot But if you have any advice I d be most grateful I have two laptops one running Vista and one running XP We re trying to play a game we tried both Red Alert and Battle for Middle-earth II and we do have the most recent patches on both We realised there was an issue when XP and Vista LAN issues for gaming - what's the source of the issue? trying to play BFME II because we could see each other in the Lobby and when one typed a message it took about - seconds to show on the other s screen and one could create a game but when the other tried to join it it would say quot Failed Connection Timed Out quot So began our quest This is what we XP and Vista LAN issues for gaming - what's the source of the issue? have tried Checking our IP addresses are in the same range XP latest update and installation of LLTD Responder Vista latest update SP both have tried with Windows Firewalls turned off and on with exceptions including File amp Printer sharing and the specific games Turning off AVG Vista Network Discovery File Sharing both on with the network set to Private XP Network set to private Both have workgroup name quot WORKGROUP quot Logging into XP and Vista LAN issues for gaming - what's the source of the issue? our o Thomson TG v router and opening ports - as required for BFME II - although I ve done this according to step-by-step instructions when I use various online port scanning sites they all say that those ports are closed so if this is the issue I really need help in figuring out how to open the ports I ve logged in as SuperUser AND Administrator made a manual entry of the port range from - set to be open on both my Vista machine and the XP machine but this has made no difference I know it s still saved because when I log back in those ports are still there but for all the good it does Logged into the router and disabled the firewall I know a bit dodgy I re-enabled it as it didn t do any good anyhow Neither of us have an hidden firewalls that we might ve missed that are running as I only run AVG anti-virus Vista password protected sharing is turned off though I don t see how this is relevant anyhow as we re not trying to share files but to play a game On Vista I can see the XP machine in the Network and can access his public folders but on the Wireless Connection Network Map Vista is connected to the internet via the router and his XP is down at the bottom saying it could not be placed on the map We have also tried connecting directly to one another with an ethernet cable and this made no difference whatsoever other than that we had an quot unidentified quot LAN with limited connectivity but it didn t do any good from what I could see We are using dynamic IP addresses and I confess to not knowing much about IP addresses I wouldn t think we d need to set a static one to simply play a multi-player game which btw yes we do each have our own version installed We ve tried connecting each laptop directly to the router with cables directly to each other and obviously preferably just setting up a LAN through the wireless No matter what combination of these things we ve tried I haven t seen a difference One issue that I don t know if is normal or not is that when both machines are running the game we both automatically lose WiFi connection until we shut down the game completely Normal I don t know But it might help solve the issue If you have any suggestions please let me know I m pulling out my hair and every tech-friendly person I ve contacted that I know says quot well just make sure they both have the same workgroup name and that Network Discovery is turned on quot or quot turn off your firewalls quot as I suppose those are the most common mistakes but we ve tried that alre... Read more

A:XP and Vista LAN issues for gaming - what's the source of the issue?

Bueller?

I guess I don't feel bad for not figuring it out - everyone I've talked to can only suggest the only standby "turn off your firewalls." Hmmmm.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-and-vista-lan-issues-for-gaming-whats-the-source-of-the-issue.132695/
Relevancy 59.34%

Anyone have any performance or other gaming issues after upgrading to vista?

A:Gaming Under Vista? Any Problems/performance Issues?

They have a Windows Vista Performance Guide over at Anadtech, where they discuss the ups and downs on, amongst other things, gaming on Vista.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80169/gaming-under-vista-any-problemsperformance-issues/
Relevancy 52.46%

How do you go about hooking up 3 laptops by an ad-hoc connection for gaming purposes. I don't have a router so this is an ideal solution and I have no idea where to start. All three laptops have the same wireless card and LAN connction. And alll three have Vista. Thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Guys This is my very first post on Windows Vista Forums and Ultimate 64-bit Gaming Windows Vista and Gaming Compatibility I am eager to get into this thread First off Windows Vista Ultimate is the very best you can buy for gaming This features the bit OS version which can process GB of RAM at top speeds you can find in a new OS I would definitely recommend this OS for gaming and none other Now on to the main part of my thread Compatibility Gaming This is the most discussed issue for gamers across the US The problem is how do you get games to work specifically older games on Windows Vista Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Gaming and Compatibility Gaming Ultimate Well there are solutions You could wait until the company of the game makes a OS patch for the game although that could take a while You could go into the game files and put the game into compatibility mode for your OS And You could revert back to an older OS that works for your game Which one would you choose I would choose They are always going to make games work on a newer OS Lets take the game Lord of The Rings Battle for Middle Earth amp Electronic Arts EA has already made a patch for those two that will have more chance of running on Vista If doesn't work then it's the type of computer hardware you are using The hardware would guarantee be outdated In that case just get more recent hardware It's not that difficult With a bit of research common sense and problem solving skills you can get gaming compatibility issues out of your hair I hope this thread has helped a couple of you out there Sincerely alienware Think I helped you out Click the scales Give me some rep Thanks

A:Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Gaming and Compatibility Gaming

Very Smart Post!

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/236286-windows-vista-ultimate-64-bit-gaming-compatibility-gaming.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hiya all I have myself Vista Ultimate and don't and [SOLVED] Vista Issues....... 3 mind the way it runs but I have a few problems I ran a PDF file the other day directly from the net instead of downloading it to my HDD then opening it Vista asked me to allow ie to run it and without thinking I clicked the [SOLVED] Vista and 3 Issues....... never ask me again button and now everytime I click on a PDF file it automatically runs and opens instead of giving me the options How do I turn this function back off Creative Soundblaster Live sound drivers I have tried all different fixes available and to no avail At present I get sound through speakers only as I have it plugged in to my onboard sound Does anyone know of a definitive fix I run PC's here at home both have vista on them and they are networked together Problem is my yr old daughter decided it would be nice to put a password on the nd pc and now she can't remember it She didn't create the floppy disk for password recovery either and now I am screwed Is there some way I can get it started either networked or directly I have far too much info on it to lose

A:[SOLVED] Vista and 3 Issues.......

Hi Wackster71

1) For this IE behavior in versions of Windows other than Vista, you'd be able to change this back to defaults by unchecking the "confirm open after download" option in the "Advanced" settings of "File Types" for the filetype in question in Windows Explorer's "Tools"/"Folder Options" menus. But in Vista, to undo the preference, you have to edit a Registry value --- specifically: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\AttachmentExecute\{0002DF01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} --- you have to delete the value for the filetype you wish to return to defaults from that list. For all the details, here's a nicely thorough article over at "My Digital Life" --- http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/0...x-in-vista-ie/

2) Creative earned my undying disrespect for their glacial pace in releasing drivers for their hardware . . . and for abandoning so many devices to hardware limbo prematurely. They probably make some of the only devices that have better support in open-source Linux than in Windows. I imagine you already have seen Creative's lovely little note "The product you have selected has reached the end of its service life" --- meaning that Creative feels it's time for you to abandon the still working device and buy something new. You see, this way = Creative gets to decide everything. I doubt that installing the driver in Compatibility Mode would work, but there are XP 5.1 Live! drivers, so I suppose you could give it a try --- http://us.creative.com/support/downl...pe=1&x=25&y=11 . Of course, you'd have to disable your onboard sound first.

3) Try booting into Safe Mode and logging in under the Administrator account. If your 12-year-old only changed her password and not the Administrator password, you should be able to get into User Accounts and setup passwords the way you'd like them. Your youngster would have had to have known to enter Safe Mode to change the Administrator password, and if it was already password protected, she'd have had to have known the original password. If you never assigned a password for the Administrator account, and she didn't add one: your repair will be quite easy. Of course, it's highly recommended to password-protect the Administrator account.

Let us know if any of these doesn't help, and we'll look for alternatives.
Best of luck!
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vista-and-3-issues-172873.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have been using Vista on my new pc for about 2 weeks and Ive encountered several issues. The specs for the PC are listed as my secondary pc. Here are the issues,
1. Disk Defrag will not work. When you open it up it states that the performance of the pc can be increased. When you click the defragment button It depresses and the message changes to analyzing. However 1-2 seconds later the button is no longer depressed and the defreagment process ends.

2.When I put the pc to sleep a few seconds later it boots back up again without any interference from me.

3. My C partition is nearly full but when I go to increase its size I can only Shrink it and not Enlarge it.

Are these issues Vista related or do they have something to do with my PC? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 46.01%

So... I installed Diablo 2 with no problems and it starts up quickly and runs decently, however, the Battle.net menu is REALLY laggy, as is the game play when I have any thing open (such as the Minimap, or the help screen) I was just wondering if anyone could help me figure this out, I know vista has problems with some older games, but I'm pretty sure my system should be able to handle this game...?

I'm running Windows Vista (32-bit) with 3GB RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce 7000M. Uhm... If you need more information let me know..

Thank in advance for any help you can provide.

A:Solved: Diablo 2 issues with Vista

I just changed the settings from 3D to 2D with the VidTest and it cleared right up. =D Diablo 2 now runs great!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-diablo-2-issues-with-vista.826814/
Relevancy 46.01%

Good morning all. Was away for 2 days, came back and couldn't log into computer because the keyboard wouldn't type the "h" or the "t". Got in thru admin but now can only type 1 or 2 letters and it goes to computer locked screen. Even with the desktop keyboard, I can only type a few letters and then it begins opening computer folder and eventually locks computer. Been looking around for 2 days now trying the various fixes and nothing is working. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3325 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461523 MB, Free - 306281 MB; D: Total - 15359 MB, Free - 10401 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0TP406
Antivirus: None

Relevancy 46.01%

I posted a previous post about Windows Vista not With Vista Windows Solved: Issues accpeting my password I did read the rules and Im not asking aboout how to bypass the password and I did not forget this password i already know the process for if I forgot my password I have been using the same password for month I asked my question because the person I had talked to in tech support for HP said that he had numerous Solved: Issues With Windows Vista calls today about the same issue that Im having Im only asking for some advice from someone who may have had this issue or maybe one of you has heard of this before Again I am not asking how to bypass my password and I did not forget it I am currently logged onto my computer I just need to know what may cause this and how to prevent this from happening because Im sure it will happen again immediately if I log off If Solved: Issues With Windows Vista I am still going against the rules for even mentioning the word quot password quot then just let me know I just want to make it clear that I didnt forget my password and Im not trying to bypass it I also just really need to resolve this issue THANKS nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Let me start by saying that our users are mostly certificate Vista - IE7 Solved: issues using XP Pro with IE and they successfully use our secured web application so certificates are working properly They are starting to roll out Vista and are having issues The first issue Solved: Vista - IE7 certificate issues was that they were unable to use the certificate from the CAC card for logon I resolved this by turning on SSL in the advanced settings though XP - IE did not require this The second issue that is still unresolved is that when we attempt to edit an Office document within our Web application as we normally do with XP an Office Word or Excel PowerPoint window appears then a window pops up requesting that I select a certificate When I click on my certificate the certificate challenge window disappears and the Office Word window remains but the document never appears There is no problem with editing a document when they use an XP machine and IE Any clues mjp nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-ie7-certificate-issues.793321/
Relevancy 46.01%

I originally had a Microsoft XP which had access to the internet...when I upgraded to Vista on the same computer, I can't get on anymore ._.

Any suggestions..?

Relevancy 46.01%

ok so I have a driver issue with my radeon saphire X1650 pci express card and vista worked fine on xp but then decided to upgrade to vista looked so nice on my husbands pc and works fine. I built this one myself. I know its a vista/driver issue cause I uninstall it pc runs pretty fast put it on is slow down extremly and hangs. won't run games. I have a amd 64 fx dual core processor 4 gigs of ddr2 ramm and the card has 512mb 2 hard drives that are 250 gigs each. I got a 32 bit vista but I think I may need 64. I've looked and looked and I find forums with people having this issue but no solution.

Relevancy 46.01%

For one, trying to install halo 2: The installer service could not be accessed or is installed incorrectly... bla bla... and, trying to update.. i get a random error error code: 8024A000 please help.. this is annoying ^^ also I can't manually start Windows installer.. it generates "Error code: 5 the something about inappropriate permission" and i already did the takeown /f C:\ cacls ....... any suggestions edit: cannot.. CANT. 100% UNABLE to access ANYTHING.... "you may not have the appropriate permissions..." and i even choose run as administrator... my account is an administrator... is my only option to reformat????? cant... make a .reg and add it cant open regedit... nothing

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi. i have installed vista on my second hard drive and like it but, it keeps freezing, i can be in the middle of browsing and it'll freeze, the mouse will stop moving, the num lock light won't change but the f lock light does, its getting really annoying, anyone got any ideas as to what is causing it, i have also posted for help on microsofts forums and here is a link to help fill you in more. thanks.
http://forums.microsoft.com/technet/...3310&siteid=17

A:[SOLVED] Vista freezing issues

bump, plz help, it annoying

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vista-freezing-issues-171360.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Smoore, I'm having the same problem with my new HP Pavilion m7760n I bought on "Vista Day." The other three XP machines on the network see each other but not the Vista machine, and the Vista machine can't see the XP machines. All four have internet access with no problems.

Here's a suggestion I found somewhere. Go to: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=70582 and you'll be directed to a page where you can download a Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) Responder (KB922120) for the XP machines. So far it hasn't helped me but I haven't had time to really work on it.

Good luck and I'd appreciate any help anyone could give me.

MK

A:Solved: Vista Networking Issues

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-networking-issues.540783/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am having some serious issues trying to get Vista to find my home network. I am running Vista Business and XP home in a dual-boot setup. XP recognizes everything right away, but Vista does not even recognize that its connected to a network until about 5 minutes in and doesn't connect to the internet until about 10 minutes after it boots. I am using the network adapter integrated into my motherboard (ASRock 939Dual-SATA2).
Here is my setup:
Motorola Cable Modem --> Linksys Router --> Netgear FS605 ethernet switch --> computer

Two other computers both running Windows 98 also recognize the network right away after booting.

Anyone have any ideas? I posted before in the vista forum, but no one replied (probably because I posted it in the wrong forum )

Relevancy 46.01%

I just purchased this new computer which is awesome except for the fact that about once a day when I am about to go on(the computer is always on and sleeping if not in use) I am not able to open any windows. I can click on anything and it acts like it will open the window and then nothing. I can't even restart or shut down the system. I am having to do a hard shut down everytime this happens. When I restart the computer everything works fine. What gives? Does anyone know whats going on? Help!!

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi new Vista user and new poster on here too I ve got a new laptop with the following spec ProcessorIntel Core Duo performance Vista issues... Solved: Mobile T Mb Cache Dual Core Processor Processor Speed x Ghz Memory GB DDR MHz Memory Hard Drive GB SATA Hard Drive Drive DVD RW Multi Burner Modem K Internal Modem Graphics Intel GMA X Graphics Sound Azalia High Definition Audio Speakers x Watt Memory Slots x DDR SO-DIMM Memory Capacity GB My problem are with performance or Vista s perception of my PC performance I m not sure which When I look at the Windows Experience Index it shows nothing at all Solved: Vista performance issues... apart from a greyed out link that says Learn how you can improve your computer s performance Now I found a forum post which said to check if a registry entry value was set to I have lost the webpage however the value was deep inside windows somewhere Anyhow the bit of the registry I was advised to change by the poster just didn t exist It wasn t there It was a value within control panel within windows but the control panel bit wasn t there just explorer if I remember correctly Is there part of my copy of Windows missing Also when I run a performance diagnostic report it comes up with this warning The CPU rating for the system is poor and may be the cause of performance problems It then says the same for the graphics card disk rating and memory rating My spec is better than my mate s Dell but Vista rates it as faster with no warnings A big list I know but thanks for any advice or help nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I recently installed Windows Vista Business on my computer as a clean install because I had a upgrade disk that came with my Windows XP computer My computer is a Dell Vostro The only reason I would ever do this is for security updates since XP is towards the end of its life Whenever I try to connect to the internet my computer acts as if it doesn t have a wireless card I downloaded Uniblue DriverScanner which is freeware but it makes you pay to download the drivers but still allows you to see what drivers you need Here is a screenshot from my latest scan below There doesn t seen to be anything relating to my Wireless card I went to Intel s website to update the driver Vista Solved: issues drivers under the System devices tab but they still show up Since I ve installed Windows Vista my Device Manager shows that there are errors with some of my devices below Under Other Devices Network Controller and Video Controller won t even show a brand or website so I can t attempt to find the driver download http yfrog com unibluedsp http yfrog com deviceerrorsp nbsp

A:Solved: Vista driver issues

Yes. I solved this myself. Check out my post over at bleepingcomputer.com for info. http://is.gd/2wuh6

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-driver-issues.855079/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there I'm trying to take it all the information about the forum in a short space of time Issues BSOD SP1 x64 Vista [SOLVED] so please correct me if I've missed any information I'm having some issues recently with Vista Ultimate X SP with random BSOD's and some that aren't so random I can cause a BSOD when using Daemon Tools and Nero and equilivent programs as I believe my nvidia raid drivers have an issue with mounting images and burning DVD's on my external burner I don't think there is a solution to that so if the minidumps are related to that you can ignore them But [SOLVED] Vista x64 SP1 BSOD Issues aside from that i'm also getting random BSOD's for no real reason If someone could analyse the other minidumps not sure which are which and let me know if there is any clear reason for them that would be great There are no real clear symptoms they appear to be random Sometimes my PC will be fine for days without a restart and sometimes after a matter of hours it will die Upon a estart I get the motherboard code C which is apparently linked to my RAM but i've replaced my RAM once already with no change It is fine within Vista until i get lots of programs installed and after a few updates of drivers so i'm considering that as the most likely issue Can anyone confirm this All help is appreciated and any further information can be provided on request Regards Jason

A:[SOLVED] Vista x64 SP1 BSOD Issues

Hi. . .

Alot of guesswork here, but that is the nature of many BSODs in general.

Click on the Live SysInternals Autoruns link in my my sig area and save the autoruns.exe file to your desktop. Then download the attached zip and extract the batch file to your desktop. Both files must be on your desktop. Then go to desktop, right-click on the batch file and run as Administrator. It will take about 5 minutes for it to run. The output will be in a folder names TSF_Vista_Support in your documents folder. Zip it up and attach. If >1.96mb (zipped), take some of the dump files out. 1.96mb is the post limit.

I cannot stress the importance that both the batch and exe (autoruns) files must be on YOUR desktop and the batch file must be executed at an elevated admin level.

Let's cut some of the guessing out - run the Vista Driver Verifier.
START | type cmd.exe | right-click on cmd.exe uptop under programs | Run as Administrator | type verifier & hit enter - the Verifier screen will appear | do the following:

Code:

1. Select 2nd option - Create custom settings (for code developers)
2. Select 2nd option - Select individual settings from a full list.
3. Check the boxes? Special Pool
? Pool Tracking
? Force IRQL checking4. Select last option - Select driver names from a list
5. Click on the Provider heading - sorts list by Provider
6. Check ALL boxes where Microsoft is not the Provider
7. Click on Finish
8. Re-boot

If the Driver Verifier (DV) finds a violation, it will result in a BSOD - usually a 0xc4 - but not always. It will verify your drivers 1-by-1, so it will take some time. To see the status of the Driver Verifier, bring up an elevated command prompt, type verifier - but this time select the last option on the first screen - "Display information about the currently verified drivers..". If you find your system to unstable (the verifier generally consumes CPU & RAM), turn if "off" and re-boot. To turn the Driver Verifier off, bring up an elevated command prompt and type verifier /reset then re-boot.

If you get a verifier-enabled BSOD, get it ASAP - go to \windows\minidump - get it, aip it up and attach.

Any ? - please let me know.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-vista-x64-sp1-bsod-issues-306538.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I ended up going Solved: Windows issues Java Vista with to Tools - Internet options - Advanced - Then I restored advanced settings and that seemed to do the trick -----------I m at my wits end To start off I am not a computer Solved: Java issues with Windows Vista wiz which brings me to this website I have installed the latest Java download and when I go to test the JVM the page is blank with a little X in the top left Solved: Java issues with Windows Vista corner What I am ultimately trying to do is enable Java Applets which I have no idea what those are but I have been trying to play a certain game that I used to play with my Windows XP and I keep getting the error message quot You must have Java Applets enabled in your preferences to play this game quot I went to the Java web site and completely uninstalled and reinstalled Java and also performed the troubleshooting checklist that they have on their website and nothing seems to work I still get this error message I went into the control panel Security section to see if Java Applets was enabled and it is I have restarted my computer deleted temporary files added the game website to my trusted sites and It still isn t working Please give me some other options on what I can try You are my last resort Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Not sure what the issue is - any help is appreciated Anyway I [SOLVED] is if related issues sure - virus this Vista not thought my computer was fine but I went to install some new dvd burning software today Pinnacle [SOLVED] Vista issues - not sure if this is virus related Studio The software setup said it needed to install Windows Installer and that it would install it for me I tried it several times but each time it tried to install it [SOLVED] Vista issues - not sure if this is virus related it hung on me I then tried to install Win Installer from the microsoft site again it didn't work Then I went to my windows update and noticed each time I opened it it was blank and the page would freeze on me immediately I subsequently tried to install Vista SP and got a buffer overrun So before I break something I figured I'd post my log on here - per the instructions in the FAQ - and see what you thought Two other items of note I believe I had turned windows automatic updates off a while back and I run ZoneAlarm on my system [SOLVED] Vista issues - not sure if this is virus related Any info or help would be great Again everything else seems to be working but would love to get this fixed so I can load the video software Thanks in advance Code DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Admin at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin AskService exe C Program Files M-Audio Axiom AudioDevMon exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files PIXELA ImageMixer SE Ver Transfer Utility CameraMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Windows system ntvdm exe C Users Debby Downloads HijackThis exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Windows system notepad exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Debby Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt uDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www goog... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Vista issues - not sure if this is virus related

Run System Restore - choose a restore point prior to installation of Pinnacle Studio 14 -
START | type rstrui

Uninstall Zone Alarm.

Install ALL outstanding Windows Updates, including Vista SP2 - Vista SP1/ SP2 Prepwork - sysnative.com MVP

Try Pinnacle install again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vista-issues-not-sure-if-this-is-virus-related-544828.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Just redid my machine w/ vista ultimate. This was on here before, just redoing machine. So, I could connect to Internet w/ this machine and wirelessly w/ laptops after installation. Today started doing windows updates. Didn't pay much attention because tower was able to connect during these updates. Just turned on laptop and the wireless network is not listed - cannot connect to web. Looked at tower and I can get on the web but it doesn't show my network device.

I'm at a loss as to what to do. I've tried diagnosing but it found no issues. Tried updating nic drivers but it said I had the most recent. Do you think I need to install some linksys software for my wireless router? What changed? What should I look at, I'm stumped.

Posted via Mobile Device

A:Solved: Network issues - new vista install

On tower I tried "diagnosing network adapter" and it said it could not connect w/ DNS server (74.128.17.114) contact ISP.
Posted via Mobile Device

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-issues-new-vista-install.859366/
Relevancy 45.15%

I recently got a new Vista computer at work and have discovered some really frustrating differences from XP in PowerPoint. The main one is any time I use the CTRL key to select multiple objects, they automatically create a copy of the shape directly underneath.

Also, when trying to distribute selected objects vertically or horizontally, it creates a whole bunch of duplicates as well.

I've looked through all the options, the help menu, index, and Googled this, but have not found anything at all that explains this odd and somewhat random behavior.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi All My network is comprised of a ADSL router and satellite notebooks As the router is out of reach at the other end of the house it is not connected directly to any computer One laptop is from my workplace and is set up for the Intranet Internet settings Laptop running XP Pro The other main laptop is my personal one and is Laptop running Vista home Premium The final laptop is an ancient brick running XP Home This computer has no integrated wireless and has an external USB wireless dongle I have a USB printer in XP/Vista WLAN Issues Sharing Solved: yet another room and Solved: XP/Vista WLAN Sharing Issues was finding it a pain to have to move backwards and forwards plug in print etc etc So I plugged in Laptop installed the printer shared it Solved: XP/Vista WLAN Sharing Issues and attempted to get it to show up on the other two laptops I simply cannot get the other two to find the printer or for a matter of fact anything else on that computer I figure that laptop s problem is the way it is set up for work but I can t figure out the Vista I know that Vista and XP have issues but I did everything I could find to fix it but it wouldn t work Thanks I realized that the two work groups were different thus my problem It works fine now nathan--AUS nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-vista-wlan-sharing-issues.812877/
Relevancy 45.15%

Now that my printer is working, i'm having another problem with my ximeta netdisk driver. I install the cd driver 3.11 using xp compatilbity, then i restart the computer, then it won't let me run a program cause it says that you need to login in as admin, but i'm already login in as admin, so I uninstall ndas, download vista driver 3.20, installed it and restart the computer. Then it works, i type the product key and write key. Then it says that register device is complete, then i tryed to mount the read and write, but it won't let me. But it'll let me mount read only. Need help, i tried googling it, nothing found. I really need help mounting read and write netdisk. Any suggestions.

This is an error i get.
HElp please

Relevancy 45.15%

I hope my fix helps you and countless others I have spent hours online reading Who Vista Exp. SP1 All [SOLVED] Issues To Mouse/Keyboard posts especially from quot Miracle workers quot who seem to have special knowledge but what I noticed is that all advice was common sense troubleshooting that helps the same issues but outside of the Vista Service Pack glitches stuff most of us would try on our own before even researching online There are no quot Special quot ways you can fix either Mouse or Keyboard problems through your Device Manager or any other way with the Service Pack issues however through much trial and error methods I've used - I have found the steps that indeed worked for me and should work for everyone There are no methods through your control panel none and no manipulation involved and it all comes down to the Service Pack and other updates hotfixes My problems After installing Service Pack I did not have the ability to use my USB Mouse The same USB Port worked with [SOLVED] To All Who Exp. Vista SP1 Mouse/Keyboard Issues other USB hardware devices and the same mouse worked on different pc s After performing the Steps - that I outlined for you below my USB Mouse was restored however I had a new problem my Keyboard didn t work at all none of the functions including the touch pad Once I performed Step that I outlined for you below the Keyboard was restored Now everything works [SOLVED] To All Who Exp. Vista SP1 Mouse/Keyboard Issues This was all trial and error but it paid off I did not come across anything online at all that helped me with this so hopefully this too will work for those of you who are getting nowhere slowly with all the crap people are saying works and does not Step Uninstall Service Pack Go into your Control Panel Programs Install Updates Right Click on Service Pack and Uninstall it Restart Computer Step Reinstall Service Pack Standalone KB The first link below will take you to a page where you can download this in either Bit or Bit The second link will take you directly to the Bit Install Restart Computer http www techpowerup com Micr Download html http www microsoft com downloads d DisplayLang en Step Install Update KB For Compatibility Issues Restart Computer This should restore your Mouse The Update is below http www microsoft com downloads d displaylang en Step Install Update KB Readiness Tool Restart Computer This should restore your Keyboard The Update is below http www microsoft com downloads d playlang en amp tm YES AND RESTART YOUR PC ALL TIMES IN BETWEEN THESE UPDATES HOTFIXES

A:[SOLVED] To All Who Exp. Vista SP1 Mouse/Keyboard Issues

I hope my fix helps you and countless others. I have spent hours online reading posts; especially from, "Miracle workers," who seem to have special knowledge, but what I noticed is that all advice was common sense troubleshooting that helps the same issues, but outside of the Vista Service Pack 1 glitches; stuff most of us would try on our own before even researching online! There are no, "Special," ways you can fix either Mouse or Keyboard problems through your Device Manager, or any other way with the Service Pack 1 issues; however, through much trial and error methods I've used - I have found the steps that indeed worked for me, and should work for everyone. There are no methods through your control panel; none, and no manipulation involved, and it all comes down to the Service Pack, and other updates/hotfixes.

My problems:

After installing Service Pack 1 I did not have the ability to use my USB Mouse. The same USB Port worked with other USB hardware devices, and the same mouse worked on different pc?s. After performing the Steps 1-3, that I outlined for you below, my USB Mouse was restored; however, I had a new problem; my Keyboard didn?t work at all; none of the functions; including the touch pad. Once I performed Step 4, that I outlined for you below, the Keyboard was restored. Now everything works! This was all trial and error, but it paid off. I did not come across anything online at all that helped me with this, so hopefully this, too, will work for those of you who are getting nowhere slowly with all the crap people are saying works and does not.

Step #1: Uninstall Service Pack 1
Go into your Control Panel, Programs, Install Updates, Right Click on Service Pack 1 and Uninstall it. Restart Computer.

Step #2: Reinstall Service Pack 1 Standalone KB936330
The first link below will take you to a page where you can download this in either 32 Bit or 64 Bit. The second link will take you directly to the 32 Bit Install. Restart Computer.

http://www.techpowerup.com/55491/Mic..._Download.html

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

Step #3:Install Update KB947562 (For Compatibility Issues) ? Restart Computer.
This should restore your Mouse. The Update is below.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Step #4: Install Update KB947821 (Readiness Tool) ? Restart Computer.
This should restore your Keyboard. The Update is below.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...playlang=en&tm

YES AND RESTART YOUR PC ALL 4 TIMES IN BETWEEN THESE UPDATES/HOTFIXES.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-to-all-who-exp-vista-sp1-mouse-keyboard-issues-357054.html
Relevancy 45.15%

have a canon mp530 printer connected to an xp desktop. can sucessfully share/print from another xp desktop wirelessly (linskys WRT54GP). just purchased an vista home premium laptop. have successfully tapped into the network, can access the internet, view shared folders on both xp desktops, etc. (even downloaded the LLTP update so everything can be mapped by vista)

vista laptop 'sees' the mp530, can access the print queue, etc... but cannot connect and print to the mp530 ('access is denied' error). vista and xp drivers are installed on the xp desktop that the printer is connected to. all other aspects of the network/file sharing seem to be fine.

i've tried everything else i can think of to no avail. any help would be greatly appreciated. thx.

A:Solved: Vista/XP pritner sharing issues

just found this post on cnet. seems to be the answer. if you're having a similar issue, check it out...

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7589_102-0.html?forumID=62&threadID=232132&start=0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-xp-pritner-sharing-issues.642370/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi peoples new to this forum but seems like there are many experts which is what I need OK here goes recently my ISP helpfully provided me with a new wireless router I have a main pc running Windows which is hardwired by ethernet cable I then have laptops running Windows and running Vista Also PS s and ipod touch Solved: issues connection Vista wireless all using the wireless router Everything connected fine first time and works perfectly on the new router except one of the laptops running Vista This just plain refuses to connect - when you add the connection it says quot identifying network quot for about seconds then says quot unidentified public network quot and shows local access only with no internet Normally when you connect to a new network for the first time on vista it brings up an option of quot Home quot or quot Public quot for the network This didn t happen for some reason and now I cannot get out of this state I have read that this can be caused by a firewall issue although this same machine was happily connected to my old wireless router and no settings have been changed I have totally disabled windows firewall but to no avail I have gone through all the windows troubleshooting but just keep going round in circles Have also disabled the network adapter uninstalled the driver reinstalled enabled but still keeps doing the same thing This is driving me maddddd Btw spoke to my ISP who said that as the router is clearly working fine for all my other machines it must be Solved: Vista wireless connection issues a problem with the laptop and suggested I speak to Microsoft Spoke to MS who helpfully said that as their crappy vista software was preinstalled on my laptop I need to speak to the laptop manufacturer Warranty expired manufacturer not interested - speak to Microsoft GRRRR Any pointers in the right direction would be muchly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Vista wireless connection issues

Welcome to TSG.
From the failing laptop,may we see :
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Also,disable encryption on the router,and see if this makes a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-wireless-connection-issues.1003054/
Relevancy 45.15%

Working on a Dell laptop with Windows Vista. The thing would crash upon booting up everytime. After stopping all process and re-staring them one at a time, I discovered that McAfee and ATI CCC would cause it to BSOD immediately upon their initialization. I have removed McAfee and installed AVG, but when I try to uninstall ATI via the Control Panel Add\Remove programs, it starts the program causing the thing to die.

Any ideas how to remove it without going thru Control Panel? Also, why would those two trusted programs be causing an issue?

A:Solved: Vista laptop BSOD issues

maybe instead of uninstalling it, try installing the newest version of the driver? I would also run a memory test on it. Even a windows memory test would suffice. Give it a shot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-laptop-bsod-issues.790914/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all I m trying to run microsoft freelancer on my windows vista Home Premium pc I get sound for the intro movie and then nothing well thats not entirely accurate I get Sound Effects But no voices and music Ive searched this site and the microsoft website for advice and tried what i could but i found most of the advice wasn t aplicable to windows vista I get normal sound sound and games older Solved: in issues Vista alright but i suddenly had the urge and have spent the past mins trying to figure this out Ive also put this in Games so sorry bout the double post but i thought it fitted in both Specs Dual Core Ghz G Ram Mb Geforce graphics Sound card is onboard Realtek High Definition Audio The pc supposedly came with soundblaster audigy built in but didn t All i got was some volume control and d effects from creative that i just ignore Any help would be apreciated Spacemanben nbsp

A:Solved: Vista and sound issues in older games

Hi,
Thanks go to all those who would have helped, but i fixed the problem, its strange, i ask for help then 10 minutes later i fix the problem. Oh well, thats life i guess.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-and-sound-issues-in-older-games.710376/
Relevancy 44.72%

Alright so here s my issue I m usin a Dell Latitude D Laptop It was running perfectly fine until I turn it off and let if finish its update Once I turned it on yesterday evening I got this issue Windows Boot system.bak Issues] problems. Boot Solved: [Vista Manager Windows failed to start A recent hardware Solved: [Vista Boot Issues] system.bak problems. of Solved: [Vista Boot Issues] system.bak problems. software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your installation disc and restart your computer Choose you language settings and then click quot Next quot Click Solved: [Vista Boot Issues] system.bak problems. quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system admistrator or computer manufacturer for assistance File Windows system config system Status xc e Info Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt This is a big issue for me because my aunt had installed Windows Vista Home Premium for me on my laptop over Windows XP And unfortunately my Windows XP has been so scratched up it is unreadable completely and she has the Windows Vista install CD but cannot find it Meaning I cannot simply use an Install Disc of any kind to restore my system files So I checked on google and found out that I can do this through my desktop computer which has Windows Vista Home Basic So I did the following Tried goign to Windows system config system and tried to manually copy and paste the files onto my USB Flash Drive unfortunately I was notified that I cannot copy the file because it s currently being used So then I tried going to the CMD Command Prompt and entering copy C windows repair system C windows system config system and copy C windows repair system bak C windows system config system And sadly neither worked I was told that it could not find the files However If I go to Windows System Config System I see System Type File and System Sav NOTE I do not know why but I do not have this folder or file Windows repair system or the System bak file whatsoever outside of the System folder So basically all I can do for a long time is try this via USB Stick since I have no access to any of the installation disks Since my aunts the one who bought my windows vista cds microsoft is not going to help me out with this issue themselves especially while shes out on vacation goign to a few countries So does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this I really need my laptop for both work and schoo ASPD Any help and consideration would be awesome Thanks again - BkacTiger nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I have Windows Vista, on a Dell Inspiron laptop. It is brand new as of July 2007. I have a dell aio photo printer. I installed my printer on my laptop, and it worked fine. But as soon as I shut my computer down for the night, and tried to print the next day, it refused to. So, during the day, I turned my computer off, as I would be away from it for a while, and when turning it on upon my return, it printed the paper I had needed several hours before. So, I tried re-installing the printer, and checking all the connections, and all the settings. Nothing seems to work. I have re-installed it 3x, and the only way I can get it to print, is to re-start the laptop, which takes forever. Is this a Vista problem? And if so, is there a fix? Thanks

kT

A:Solved: Printer issues---suspect they are vista related...help!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printer-issues-suspect-they-are-vista-related-help.636167/
Relevancy 44.72%

I just purchased a new laptop yesterday and I m already having intermittent connection issues I have an Asus X v with bit Vista and I m currently using Mozilla Firefox I also have a Linksys Wireless- G Router model WRT G v So I brought the laptop home and the internet worked properly for about minutes then all of a sudden browsers would not work anymore This problem has continued all last night and tonight I have to either disconnect or repair to fix the problem I was at my mother s house all day today and my computer had no problem staying connected to her Linksys router We ve had this router for about months and both of our laptops running XP have not had any problem w/ Solved: new laptop issues intermittent Vista connection with this router Oh I also checked IE and that wouldn t bring pages up either And I already downloaded the newest firmware for the router And made Solved: intermittent connection issues w/ new Vista laptop sure the drivers for my wifi was updated Please help nbsp

A:Solved: intermittent connection issues w/ new Vista laptop

That router is pretty ancient at v.1, you bought this new 6 months ago?
Did you reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure after loading the latest firmware?

Changes that may help to increase the compatibility of Vista with older networking devices:

Disable the IP Helper service:

1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Scroll down to the IP Helper service, right click on it and select Properties
3. In the dropdown box that says "Automatic" or "Manual", set it to Disabled and then click on "Apply"
4. Then click on "Stop" to stop the service from running in the current session
5. Click OK to exit the dialog

Disable IPv6:

1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "ncpa.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Right click on each network connection and select "Properties"
3. Remove the checkmark from the box next to "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
4. Click OK to exit the dialog

NOTE: You should do this for each network connection.

Disable the DHCP Broadcast Flag:

Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928233

Hold the Windows key and type R, enter regedit and press Enter.
Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}
In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey to be updated.
If the key DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag does not exist, use the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value. In the New Value #1 box, type DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then press ENTER. If the key exists, skip this step.
Right-click DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
Close Registry Editor.
NOTE: You should do this for each and every GUID subkey.
NOTE2: (GUID) is a mnemonic for the individual subkeys, the actual text "GUID" does not appaer.

The only program I'm aware of that currently relies on IPv6 is the new Windows Meeting Space. The first 2 changes will cause that program not to work - but will leave all of your normal (IPv4) connections unaffected. If it causes problems that you can't overcome, simply revert back to the original settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intermittent-connection-issues-w-new-vista-laptop.826728/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an Acer Aspire 9815WKHI Laptop running Windows Vista Ultimate. Most of the time when i start my laptop it goes through the BIOS and POST as normal but when it gets to loading Windows it stays as a black screen.

About a week ago i tried an Acer Erecovery to do a System Factory Restore but it failed and I had to do a hard reboot. Since then I have had major problems, it seemed to have wiped the systems from 2 External Hard Drives and it is having the startup problem. It wont let me do a system recovery or a factory restore.

Can someone please help me and also work out why it is wiping the External Hard Drives system.

A:Solved: Windows Vista / ACER Erecovery issues!!!!

Always unplug usb devices from pc when installing an os.

when finished with your recovery then proceed with hooking up your externals

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-vista-acer-erecovery-issues.858224/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all I m trying to run microsoft freelancer on my windows vista Home Premium pc I get sound for the intro movie and then nothing well thats not entirely accurate I get Sound Effects But no voices and music Ive searched this site and the microsoft website for advice and tried what i could but i found most of the advice wasn t aplicable to windows vista I get normal sound alright but i suddenly had the urge and have spent the past mins trying to figure this out Ive also put this in the Vista OS section so sorry bout the double post but i thought it fitted in both Specs Dual Core Ghz G Ram Mb Geforce graphics Sound card is onboard Realtek High Definition Audio The pc supposedly came with soundblaster audigy built in but didn t All i got was some volume control and d effects from creative that i just ignore Any help would be apreciated Spacemanben nbsp

A:Solved: Vista and sound issues in Microsoft Freelancer

Hi,
Thanks go to all those who would have helped, but i fixed the problem, its strange, i ask for help then 10 minutes later i fix the problem. Oh well, thats life i guess.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-and-sound-issues-in-microsoft-freelancer.710379/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi All Been struggling with a [SOLVED] half-hanging Issues randomly Vista with bizarre issue where my O S [SOLVED] Issues with Vista randomly half-hanging half hangs - yes you read it right What happens is that the O s will prevent me from opening anything all will produce an error saying quot C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe [SOLVED] Issues with Vista randomly half-hanging - The specified path location could not be found quot I apologise this isn't the EXACT message that appears but at the time of writing this I couldn't get a screenshot After mins or so everthing comes right again And although I have used iexplore exe as an example this is related to everything - Paint Services Media Player etc etc Also when I'm playing games it will hang and the only way out is a reset I've checked drivers all up to date I've checked event logs nothing out of the ordinary and reinstalled Vista to no avail I thought it could be a possible HDD issue but alas no still stuck with this Any ideas Gerard

A:[SOLVED] Issues with Vista randomly half-hanging

Hi -

I'll take a look through your system & see what I can find out. I do need system info - please follow THESE instructions.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-issues-with-vista-randomly-half-hanging-337881.html
Relevancy 44.72%

So recently i have just bought a gaming PC for almost 950$   Specs: i7 3770GTX 660 2GB8GB RAMASUS MotherboardWindows 7 32 bitAnyway any game that I play has run super slow and with low FPS   Games I have tried:GTAIVMetro:Last Light Farcry3When i start the games, my PC puts the settings to the fullest by default. All drivers have been downloaded and installed prior.But this is very frustrating and I dont know what to do. I am going to try to install 64 bit but still that shouldn't have to be done ultimately. Someone needed to help me out because i would like to get some entertainment out of almost $1000  

A:Gaming PC Low FPS issues

A 32-bit Windows operating system will recognize up to 4GB of RAM, but will not be able to utilize the total amount because the address space is only 4GB in size, the draw from critical functions such as the system BIOS, motherboard resources, memory mapped I/O, AGP, PCI, PCI-E, and other memory allocations for PCI devices use this space as well.

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy 

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500446/gaming-pc-low-fps-issues/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am not sure if this is the game itself or just trying to run it on dial up but here it goes anyways.
I try playing MMO's on my lap top from a dial-up modem and everytime i open any of them i immediately lose internet connection; but, if i am somewhere where wireless is compatible they all work fine. Right now the problem occurs with Ragnarok online, and im wondering if its just that dial-up isnt really made for MMO's or if its just issues with the laptop itself.

Relevancy 44.72%

G day all i have a problem my desktop is connected to a LAN My desktop has NICs in it one connected to a LAN and the other connected to my laptop I have ICS set up on the desktop and i can connect the laptop to my lan and the net The problem is that i wish to play network games on my laptop on the LAN my desktop is connected issues ICS under to due gaming xp to I have checked gaming issues due to ICS under xp out some articles on this and i think its to do with the ports ics opens I have looked at the ports that directx and other games use for multiplayer and there are way to many to enter in the ICS setting Anyone know if there is a better or easy way to achieve this goal Also gaming issues due to ICS under xp when i have ICS enabled on the desktop some games will not connect to LAN games and i have to disable it to play LAN games on the desktop nbsp

A:gaming issues due to ICS under xp

It is one of the "features" of Windows firewall/ICS to let you forward only single ports. Also, many games do not use static ports to do their stuff.

You either need some better ICS software (Linux ) (a hardware router would be an overkill) or just connect the laptop directly to the LAN.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-issues-due-to-ics-under-xp.16291/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi

I recently but a Dell without a gaming graphics card, and I'm trying to play red alert 3. I'm using a Toshiba Tv as a monitor, and when the game is launched the screen goes black, and get an error that says "no signal or unsupported video signal". Is there anyway to adjust the settings to make the game compatible? The game's requirements for a video card says 256 MB. Any advice?

A:Gaming issues

Hello
Please include your system spec's on that Dell.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/123872-gaming-issues.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I am for issues NAT gaming a gamer who is having NAT issues for gaming some issues with NAT on xbox and xbox One I have followed the port forwarding instructions on the xbox support page I ve reset my router modem and I have called my ISP about this and they say they can connect me to the NAT support team for a charge of So stupid since I am already paying NAT issues for gaming for the internet and it s not working properly I have mps fiber internet The router modem combo they gave me is the Hitron CGN My NAT is always moderate or strict making it hard to find online games I am also experiencing quite a bit of lag I was told that my issues are because my router is connected so closely with my apartments internet box and since I have no other services like cable tv or phone running through that cable that my router is getting overloaded with too much speed Only thing is I JUST upgraded from mbs speeds because I was having the same connection issues Should I buy myself a new router to replace the one my ISP gave me or attach a new router in between the router I have and the xbox to steal some of the connection This doesn t make sense to me because I m going to slow down speeds I m paying a premium price for My ISP won t help me without charging money what would my options be At this point I m extremely frustrated as this has been going on for months with no solution and I have no idea how to fix it nbsp

A:NAT issues for gaming

Have you looked at the following:
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/HitronTechnologies/CGN3/Xbox_Live_360.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nat-issues-for-gaming.1141153/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi,, while playing game in my laptop it is throwing an error like "could not find any comaptible direct3d devices", please help me, how to resolve it. my product is  HP 15-be003tx

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Gaming/Gaming-issues/td-p/5821244
Relevancy 44.29%

I've tried downloading a few programs, but they all seem to end with the same result. Once I try to open up the program using the shortcut, it says the item has been moved or changed so the shortcut will no longer work properly. I try opening it manually without using a shortcut, but I can't find it anywhere. The folder where it should have the software is empty.

I'm starting to get impatient, I've tried solving this problem on my own for a day and a half, and I'm going nowhere. Is it a problem with my Windows Installer?
Also, this problem only occured to me about a day or two ago.

Relevancy 44.29%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Quanta CC Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled -- Hey guys for a few weeks now I can t seem to connect to my home Vista Solved: Issues Connection Wireless HP dv6000 Pavilion with wireless network I have a similar problem to this guy http forums techguy org networking -solved-hp-pavilion-dv -vista html So when I connect to internet by cable the Solved: Issues with HP Pavilion dv6000 Vista Wireless Connection internet Solved: Issues with HP Pavilion dv6000 Vista Wireless Connection is working OK but I cannot connect to my home wireless network it does not come up with all the other available wireless networks In my apartment we have other lap tops and their wireless connections work properly Also last week I was on a trip and managed to connect my computer to a new wireless network So the problem Solved: Issues with HP Pavilion dv6000 Vista Wireless Connection seems to be with my home wireless network Any help suggestions given will be really appreciated Thanks in advance J nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

I recently bought a new computer Compaq which came with Vista Home Basic pre-installed and I have two questions that I hope someone can help me with First is it possible to bypass the initial logon I m the only user of this computer and it seems kind of silly to have to logon every time I use the computer Secondly I m running into some trouble when I try to delete or move files About half the time everything initial bypass Can issues Solved: Logon Deletion I the and Vista? in goes smoothly but then there are times when I get a small window that says quot Calculating time remaining quot and the progress bar has a short green quot blip quot that keeps traveling the bar over Solved: Deletion issues and Can I bypass the initial Logon in Vista? and over but nothing happens after that no matter how long I Solved: Deletion issues and Can I bypass the initial Logon in Vista? wait This is in comparison to a file that is actually being deleted or moved and the the progress bar slowly fills with green More often than not this problem happens when I try to empty the recycle bin I ve finally just deleted one item at a time but even then there will be one or two items that just will not delete these are personal files such as a photo I also ran into this problem when trying to empty the contents of the deleted Solved: Deletion issues and Can I bypass the initial Logon in Vista? file in Windows Mail I finally had to do it one item at a time--very frustrating Can anybody help me with these two things I m not sure what other info you might need but I can tell you this much System Memory Total Physical Memory GB Free Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Free Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File c pagefile sys MB DDR -SDRAM MHz Memory Size MB I installed mb memory card when I purchased the computer so it should be twice this much Memory Type DDR -SDRAM MHz Memory Manufacturer Nanya Technology File System NTFS Volume Capacity GB Volume Free Space GB Volume Used Space GB If other info is needed please let me know Thanks for any forthcoming help Barb nbsp

A:Solved: Deletion issues and Can I bypass the initial Logon in Vista?

how to enable Auto-Logon for Vista:

1. Click the Start button, type 'netplwiz' and hit enter or click that name on the Start menu.

2. In the GUI window that comes up uncheck the "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer' box, then click 'Apply'

3. In the new dialog box that opens type the name of the account you want to auto-logon by default. If the account is not normally passworded then leave the password blank, if the account is passworded then enter the password where indicated. Click OK your way out of both dialogs.

as for your problems with deleting/moving files: the problem is known as "Vista's Long Goodbye" yet to date microsoft has failed to tackle the issue, more here:

http://www.theregister.com/2007/05/15/vistas_long_goodbye_continues/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-deletion-issues-and-can-i-bypass-the-initial-logon-in-vista.577690/
Relevancy 44.29%

Recently my computer is completely messed up Windows Update won't update and I continually get an erro quot FFE quot My anti-virus software also won't update I get internet popups that open a search window with gibberish in the search area and I have never gotten any popups before My computer constantly popups windows explorer saying quot Windows Host Process has stopped working quot or quot IP Host process has stopped working quot Every time I look at the details of these errors it points to svchost exe but I have searched for solutions on this issues to no avail I also cannot Virus Windows Vista --MAJOR Issues [SOLVED] PROBLEMS reach help sites [SOLVED] Windows Vista Virus Issues --MAJOR PROBLEMS or update sites and have to write this thread on safe mode in order to post it Please Help P S the gmer file attached is just the initial scan because everytime I tried a full scan it shut down my computer I can try it in safe mode if that would help just please let me know DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Brent at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender disabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP SUPERAntiSpyware disabled Updated A C- - e- F- E AC DA Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Windows System ICO EXE C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpWareSE exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exe C Windows vsnp uvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe c program files windows defender MpCmdRun exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Users Brent Desktop DDS com C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com fr fp-yie uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo uDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo com fr fp-yie mStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop mDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchURL Default hxxp search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p s uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Windows Vista Virus Issues --MAJOR PROBLEMS

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

You may wish to subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please be patience with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/solved-windows-vista-virus-issues-major-problems-487171.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I ve been having strange internet issues on my Windows Vista desktop computer I have tried to talk to my ISP about it but they haven t given me any help that has resolved the issue On the Wireless Network Connection Status window next to quot Speed quot it fluctuates constantly Having download/speed Vista on internet help) desktop Solved: issues (please and the signal also fluctuates constantly when it did not use to do this before and I am getting bad download speeds at times as well which also did not use to occur The signal will jump from quot Fair quot to quot Very Good quot a lot and will also say quot Good quot and quot Poor quot at times The quot Speed quot on the Wireless Network Connection Status window used to say Mbps and would only Solved: Having internet download/speed issues on Vista desktop (please help) fluctuate from to to to Mbps But now it won t even do that and it will say and more The download speed Solved: Having internet download/speed issues on Vista desktop (please help) is being affected I have tried unplugging my modem for one minute and plugging it back in My ISP has sent new codes to my modem several times There are no viruses or anything like that on my Vista desktop as I have scanned with MalwareBytes and SpyBot This seemed to start after I installed WinDirStat because my hard drive space was being taken up by nothing and I was trying to see what was going on My free space used to be GB but now it is only GB and I have done nothing to it The device for the internet I am using on my Vista desktop is a Dell Wireless WLAN Mini Card n I don t want to restore to factory settings again because the computer is too old to be doing something like that again This issue does not seem to be occurring on my Windows laptop It only seems to occur on the Windows Vista desktop If someone on here could help me fix this issue I would really appreciate it Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Having internet download/speed issues on Vista desktop (please help)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-having-internet-download-speed-issues-on-vista-desktop-please-help.1145186/
Relevancy 44.29%

Well this is probably the st thread about this topic but mine seems to be that much more difficult and weird So like everyone else I just bought a new computer with Vista bit already installed and after months of giving it a chance Im disgusted with its RAM performance especially compared to on Dell to Solved: Xp F6 Install Issues! Trying Vista SATA XPS630 - XP and since im a d Solved: Trying to Install Xp on Vista Dell XPS630 - F6 SATA Issues! graphics artist this is HUGE for me and no way around it More specifically I have a Dell XPS Dual Core ghz Intel Processors GB RAM MB SL GT Nvidia GeForce Card Windows Vista bit SP I just bought a fresh brand new copy of Windows XP bit with SP which wasnt too cheap and a floppy drive to boot So I thought I was ready Now ive read many of the threads relating to this big problem and have followed the steps Im having the issue that a lot of people seem to have when I try and install my XP bit OS everything is fine UNTIL i get to the quot Starting Windows quot prompt after all the other drivers have loaded then BLAM Blue screen of death I tried locating the SATA autodetect feature in the BIOS and my BIOS doesnt offer that capability of turning it off or on just autodetects the drive s hard drive space GB So no good there So then I downloaded the SATA driver for my hard drive from the Dell Driver page at least the closet to my exact model model number for mine wasnt listed on Dell s site for SATA drivers Then I uploaded the driver to my Floppy External Drive ready to install in during the Windows Driver setup process by hitting F right Well to no avail I cant even get a response when I hit F when it prompts me quot If you want to install a third party Raid quot The keyboard works fine all the other F keys work especially since I have to hit F to get to boot options and F for BIOS I feel like I got a curse or a bum dell machine somehow since I cant see anyone else with my little roadblock Never had an issue with the machine at all had it months and still have warranty If i cant get the F prompt to even act at all is there anyway to get my SATA drivers onboard so I can get XP to install Im getting pretty peeved at windows after years of solid backing from me Anyone who helps me fix this issue and has a paypal account can expect bucks from me for sure thats nothing considering how this is holding up my workflow and freelance work nbsp

A:Solved: Trying to Install Xp on Vista Dell XPS630 - F6 SATA Issues!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trying-to-install-xp-on-vista-dell-xps630-f6-sata-issues.887473/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

I believe my computer is over-heating when I play games. I'll use Mass Effect 2 as an example. When i'm not playing ME2 the temps look fine being around 50-60ish. When I load up the game, alt-tab and wait about 5 min the temps jump to 90-100 easy. From what I've read this is probably a fan problem. My computer model apparently has had many problems with the graphics card over-heating. So I guess I'm asking what I should do from here.

Gateway FX: P-7811FX

Graphics card: Nvidia geForce 9800M GTS

Also, i forgot to mention that my CPU is at 90-100 when I play games. Didn't know if that would make a difference or not, thanks!

Thanks in advance for the help.

Scottward

Relevancy 44.29%

I should start by saying these problems only started gaming issues with Connection occurring less than a month ago before Connection issues with gaming then I had no problems with my connection Recently I ve been having a huge issue with the connection quality in gaming be it on PC Xbox or anything really When playing games such as Team Fortress Counter-Strike GO or Awesomenauts on my computer there will be intermittent pausing rubber-banding despite my ping usually being between - ms This is constant restarting the router causes no change and nor does using an ethernet cable instead of wireless It s not just a computer issue which makes me think it can t be a virus can it but when trying to play Mass Effect on my Xbox I have a very strange issue After turning the game on loading it up and going into multiplayer for the first time when I try and search for a game after seconds it will say quot you have lost connection to the Mass Effect servers quot exit to the main menu and then my Xbox will disconnect from Xbox live which is very strange I found a temporary work around in which if I unplug the Xbox from the internet physically and plug it back in and reconnect to live I ll be able to find and play ONE match with large amount of lag pausing and rubberbanding and then it will do the same Very odd I ve done a speed and ping test because initially I thought it was a packet issue but this says I m losing packets Speedtest http www speedtest net result png - mb s download mb s upload ms ping Pingtest http www pingtest net result png - ms ping ms jitter packet loss The only thing that seems low to me is the upload speed but I m not sure if that would affect anything and if it did how to fix it I did the TSG SysInfo thing as well which is OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Foxconn H MXL H MXL-K Anyone have any ideas nbsp

A:Connection issues with gaming

Bump for some help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-issues-with-gaming.1065541/
Relevancy 44.29%

So a few days ago I got my new gaming PC it has an i K a SC a ROG Strix X motherboard It's a beast of a PC for gaming On the first day my internet connection was great and normal no problems whatsoever I was getting the usually - mbps DL speed and ping lower than with - Gaming Issues PC New WiFi packet loss The second day after using the New Gaming PC - WiFi Issues PC the internet connection went terrible and has stayed that way I am now struggling to get a DL speed over kbps and I can't even play games due to the fact that my ping is in the thousands and I have or more packet loss I think this must be a problem to do with the PC itself as I plugged in my old pc and everything was fine great DL speed and ping as usual the connection was also normal and great on my iPad and phone If anyone has any helpful information please respond as I am so annoyed right now with this problem Thanks

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/new-gaming-pc-wifi-issues-4601667/
Relevancy 44.29%

I ll keep this Gaming 7 Windows Issues short and sweet I bought installed and re-installed Age of Empires AoK and Medival Total War with expansion pack and each time I have installed Windows 7 Gaming Issues them everything goes fine the first time I open the game Then once I close the game and try to open them again I get the little blue loading ring next to my cursor it s there for a few seconds then nothing happens There isn t even a process for the game running I have tried everything from every possible compatibility mode to scanning and defragging to stopping the explorer exe process Nothing makes a difference I have all the system requirements for both games and then some Anybody have any solutions Or even some suggestions that I haven t tried I m not a computer genious by any means but I can tinker around with computers rather efficiently and I can follow any instructions given they are detailed enough lol I just want my games to work nothing more nothing less Thanks for any and all help nbsp

A:Windows 7 Gaming Issues

you may need to talk to your manufacturer if it's a namebrand PC/laptop, or your motherboard producer if it's custom-built as there can be problems with Windows 7 which can be solved by upgrading your BIOS(apparently)
note: based on what I've read, you can cause serious problems by installing the wrong BIOS i.e. making your system unusable,
only install a BIOS "if your manufacturer tells you to" only.
I have Windows 7 which I had problems with (freezing applications and games not installing) hence I checked this up with my manufacturer, I have not received a reply yet so I'm not entirely sure if this is necessary.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-gaming-issues.923258/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey it's been a while since i've posted anything, but as of late i've been having issues with my soundblaster X-fi card i bought a few months ago. It always seemed to work fine, but just this week when i launch BF2 or BF2142 and go to the audio settings, it is always (seems to default every time) is set to "software" rendering, and when i click on the creative x-fi setting, it gives me a message saying i dont have the hardware to support that setting. I can run hardware rendering with EAX turned on, and that is fine and seems to stay. But i used to be able to run X-Fi mode perfectly, that is what bothers me. Suggestions/tips/advice more than welcome! Thanks!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundblaster-x-fi-gaming-issues.747800/
Relevancy 44.29%

First of all, I'm leaving here are my computer specs: http://i47.tinypic.com/2w6grv9.jpg

It seems everything recent I play lags like hell, specially games like Assassins Creed, where even the cut-scenes are just unwatchable!
Mostly, I would love to be able to play Skyrim and Gw2 decently, without having 5FPS everytime there's fire or smoke.
I would like to know whats my major problem right now. I was about to buy a new Graphics Card, but I just dont know if it would help me at all, im a real dummie when it comes to this stuff.
I appreciate any help in advance

A:Gaming related issues

You need a better graphics card. As for suggesting, Their are a lot of folks who help you out here, Just hold on and I am sure someone will get back to you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-related-issues.186159/
Relevancy 44.29%

Trouble connecting to network Ok here s my problem I bought a game Demigods and from the first day I was never able to connect or stay connected to a game I tried all the remedies opened ports checked port forwarding used a proxy server turned off and uninstalled antivirus and firewalls turned off windows firewalls etc Still never worked It would allow me to get online Issues Network Gaming chat in the lobby connect to other players and then start the game but each time I would then be dropped because of the connection Then I ended up reinstalling vista because it was getting junky on me When I had only the first few basic windows updates installed the game played perfectly regardless if I had a port forwarded firewall antivirus software or was proxied So after playing for a few weeks I then download and installed these three updates Vista Service Pack Security Update for Micro XML Core Services Service Pack A update for definitions for windows defender Promptly after installing those updates the game then went back to the aforementioned Network Gaming Issues problems Do a system restore back to where the updates were not installed allowed me to play with no problems Thinking maybe this was a bug that would be fixed after ALL updates were installed I then installed everything windows would allow me But STILL the game does not work Any thoughts or suggestions Please let me know what other information you need to help me with this request Thanks in advance Toby Windows Vista Home Premium Model A N -SLI-Deluxe BIOS Version A M I - CPU AMD Athlon X MB Total MB Free NVIDIA GeForce GTS

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/237392-network-gaming-issues.html
Relevancy 44.29%

'ello there!
Starting yesterday I have not been able to play any games online, the server(s) just keep on disconnecting. I never had this issue before nor have I made any changes to my computer that might effect it, it just stopped working. Please help! I really wanna play online!

Thanks!,
Happy Hannuka! (in a week )

Relevancy 44.29%

I posted about this problem a few weeks ago. Someone recommended I try getting a beefier power supply. I've tried that and it didn't work. The problem is I get massive screen issues when I try to play a game with certain settings. This is what it will normally look like: Imgur . From experimentation I've been found out that one of the big problems causing this is Multisampling AA in high fidelity games another is if I try to run certain games at 1920 by 1080 (in these games I can put the graphics up really high but the resolution causes issues). Does anyone know why this might be happening and if there is anyway to solve it without turning down AA? Here is the parts list in case it turns out to be a hardware issue: Intel Core i3-4150, Sapphire Radeon R9 280, Corsair 300R - System Build - PCPartPicker

A:Need help! Having visual issues while gaming

Hi JanJonDijon,

Do you have the power supply that is in your PCPartPicker list ? Because 450W might not be enough for a R9 280.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/123078-need-help-having-visual-issues-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I noticed a few days ago that my fps during gaming has dropped quite a bit. It's been about two or three days. Before then I would get around 60 fps in all of my games with no problem. Now I'm getting around 20-30 and it stutters a lot. I've tried googling this issue and I've tried everything that has been recommended from those threads. I've made sure my drivers were up to date, I've defragmented my hard drives, I've cleaned out my pc, I've scanned for viruses several times. My temps are fine. I've tried just about everything I could think of. Any sort of help would be appreciated.

Here are my specs
CPU: i5 - 4690K CPU @ 3.5 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
HDD: Samsung SSD 850 EVA 250GB & Seagate HDD 2TB
GPU: NVidia GTX 970

Relevancy 44.29%

Ok, so my mouse, (it's a corded optical mouse plugged into a USB port) is freezing in games! The pointer will stop, but I will still retain functionality!After 3 seconds, the pointer will snap to the mouse and it'll work fine for awhile. I hope you guys can help.

System Specs

Windows XP sp2
Pentium 4 2.8
1024 meg RAM
NVIDIA geForce 7800 GS
Soundblaster LIVE! 24 bit
P5p800 ASUS motherboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-gaming-issues.479016/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hope your patient because this is not my specialty here is what I know A buddy and I play Links with a direct connection--I Router and gaming IP issues connect to his IP or vice-versa Whomever hosts the game always has to disconnect his router and our wives are getting pissed off because they can t get online HELP Looking for help configuring my router so that his machine can connect to me without me having to disconnect the router everytime Win XP D Link DI M router Router and IP gaming issues Win Firewall off Comcast Cable Norton says I ve created exceptions for this program to run I attained the ports from Microsoft which are Connection Ports for Client Configuration Ports for Host Configuration Initial UDP Connection Outbound for Router and IP gaming issues Joining Inbound for Hosting Later UDP Inbound - - Later UDP Outbound - - I went into my router and entered these ports in the quot Port Forwarding quot section as well as the quot Applications quot section I entered the IP address that my router says is me and this is also the IP address that shows up in the game when I try to host When my buddy tries to connect to that IP address--we never can I m a network illiterate but would appreciate ANY help ---not sure what other info to include but I d be happy to add if someone needs more Thanks for any help you can give nbsp

A:Router and IP gaming issues

Try http://www.whatismyip.com/
To get your real IP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-and-ip-gaming-issues.97384/
Relevancy 44.29%

Okay just fixed one problem over on the Office software Issues FLASH Gaming site now this one I m not the biggest gamer out there - in fact I mostly will dally in the simple flash games that are right here on TSG My fave is POOL JAM which I used to play all the time at work yes yes I was a FLASH Gaming Issues baaaaad boy - but it was boring there and its probably why the company went out of business anyway but FLASH Gaming Issues that s another story but I could never get working at home And oddly it s the only one that does this Now the other day I had an OS crash on my laptop hence the above mention of fixing my Office issues So right after I rebuilt my XP I started getting all my online links back up and running and when I came to this site I decided just on a whim to check out POOL JAM Lo and behold up it comes smacking balls and making scratches as it always did at work I was a happy camper - until I updated all my Adobe files including Flash So what is it with Flash Does it just not like POOL JAM since it doesn t seem to have any problems with any of the other titles down in the arcade And this isn t just this laptop - all the computers in this house and there are many refuse to play the game Any ideas A-N the poor pool hustler Screen Cap of a typical attempt to load - http i photobucket com albums bb arknorth POOLJAMLoadError jpg Great - now the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button doesn t work Yeeesh nbsp

A:FLASH Gaming Issues

1. Install Google Chrome...

2. Install Flash for Chrome

3. Be Happy With Chrome...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-gaming-issues.907969/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello.

i bought a new gaming laptop.

i can install games, but when i try to play it, its very laggy and fps sucks.
even when my settings are at the lowest possible.

even my 3 year old outdated laptop can play games better.

here is some of its specs..

model Toshiba Qosmio X870-11h
Intel Core i7-3610QM
CPU 2.3GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670M graphics card
8gb ram.
screen: intel HD graphics 4000

what do i think is wrong ?

i believe i have installed something wrong, or my settings are wrong.

the laptop works super on everything else, but gaming. (its a gaming laptop)

i hope you guys can help :/

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello everyone I apologize in advance for the novel hopefully some of you will have the patience to read it all lol I am an avid gamer of intermediate comp skills and this problem is beyond my knowledge Any insight would be much appreciated Well here it goes About weeks ago one night after running Ad aware and finding some spy-ware my system Gaming a issues...This tough is one froze No biggie I thought has happened before so I rebooted Windows would almost get to the desktop backround was visible and there was the quot updating windows settings quot message Well it would just freeze there Gaming issues...This is a tough one and go no further After several tries in safe mode to analyze things I was still unsuccessful in starting normally Even before this things were screwy I could not even get into anything in the control panel I got a quot you do not have permission to access this area quot message or something along those lines So I figure I might be done for I did not have the for Gaming issues...This is a tough one the OEM XP or even the for the Me to XP upgrade So I decided to reformat and reinstall ME and start fresh After the reformat I get everything installed but couldn t get the soundcard drivers installed did not have the original CD and no on-line drivers were working for me So next paycheck I get a new soundcard The Soundblaster Audigy ZS A sweet soundcard Everything seems ok so I try and play a game Gaming issues...This is a tough one CoD is what I have been playing on and off so I install and fire it up Well it was a nightmare I get in a usual server I play on and everything is all stuttery and laggy as heck Totally unplayable I tried tweaking the settings in-game and from the soundcard control panel but nothing seems to work I mean I tried everything I did many tests and everything checks out So I figure the new SC is hammering my system RAM and thats what is killing me So on a whim I decide to try and re-install the original soundcard A bud has the same one as my orig I get his CD and re-install Now everything with the old soundcard before the reformat was running PERFECTLY game-wise that is All games were running perfectly before the reformat Now here I am ready to throw this thing in the garbage and start over but I would really like to fix the problem macho guy thing I guess I had installed the latest nVIDIA drivers but they made the choppiness worse I had to roll the drivers back a couple and finally have one that works for my card The weird thing is when playing the same games in single player there is a slight choppiness at the start but straightens itself out after about seconds Then when trying to play on-line its just not playable at all It just makes no sense that I have everything almost exactly the way I had it before the format but still plays horrible Thanks for reading I am lost I have also tried to get help via this thread http www geekstogo com forum inde st amp entry and have come up empty there System specs Dell Dimension P gz MB PC RDRAM rambus Windows Me Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Soundcard Geforce mx MB nbsp

A:Gaming issues...This is a tough one

Win ME is the problem, it is not gamer friendly as 98 was, it should have never been released. save the nickles and get the OEM XP and perhaps another stick o the Rambus, b4 you can't find it any more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-issues-this-is-a-tough-one.224383/
Relevancy 44.29%

Just bought this computer yesterday CyberPowerPC Gamer Ultra Desktop - AMD FX Series - 8GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 460 - 1TB Hard Drive Black GUA1200BST - Best Buy and everything is running. the fans are working, the lights are on, but nothing is showing up on my monitor. it says i can boot it up right out of the box after hooking everything up and i did but nothing is working. Should i take it back to Best Buy and let Geek Squad fix it or is there something i can do?

A:Gaming Computer Issues

Are you sure you have your monitor set to the right port? If so, test using another cable and/or port before moving on to problems with the machine.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/gaming-computer-issues-278538/
Relevancy 44.29%

Some time into playing a game so far I've only been playing while BSOD gaming issues Dungeons and Dragons Online but before the reinstall it happened with a few other games as well I'm greeted with a lovely bluescreen which almost always points at dxgmms sys It happens randomly it could crash minutes in or after a number of hours Gaming aside everything else appears to be stable so far I've tried reinstalling the OS updating the chipsets first thing then the latest audio and video drivers available after that updating DirectX etc I still cannot fix it I ran Memtest and let it go for passes with no errors so I don't think it's an issue with my RAM though I could be wrong I've got a few of my crash dumps BSOD issues while gaming that occured while playing the game attached Any help would be very appreciated System specs OS Windows x Retail CPU Wolfdale Intel Core Duo E GHz Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-EP -DS P Memory G SKILL x GB -pin Model F - CL D- GBPI Graphics Card s SAPPHIRE Radeon HD GB Vapor-X Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster XFi Titanium Model SB There's something else that I noticed I went to the website of my RAM manufacturer BSOD issues while gaming and it said my particular model needs v I looked at my BIOS settings and it has DRAM set BSOD issues while gaming to v Could that be a part of my problem

A:BSOD issues while gaming

Hi Heimdall,

This looks very similar to another thread in this forum that zigzag3143 has troubleshot. Check it out and see if that advice works for you. If it does, please post back in this thread.

Your mini-dump Debug Code:

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Terry\Desktop\crashdump\032310-19812-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*Symbol information
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c61000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e9ee50
Debug session time: Tue Mar 23 18:05:36.789 2010 (UTC - 7:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 14:15:40.396
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 50, {fffff8a18afd1dc0, 1, fffff880043cf421, 5}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_DEVICE::RemoveCommitment+31 )
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8a18afd1dc0, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff880043cf421, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000005, (reserved)
Debugging Details:
------------------

Could not read faulting driver name
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002f090e0
fffff8a18afd1dc0
FAULTING_IP:
dxgmms1!VIDMM_DEVICE::RemoveCommitment+31
fffff880`043cf421 ff0b dec dword ptr [rbx]
MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 5
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: System
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
TRAP_FRAME: fffff88005fff690 -- (.trap 0xfffff88005fff690)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000008000400 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff8a00b3d71d0
rdx=fffffa80078a8230 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff880043cf421 rsp=fffff88005fff828 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=fffffa80078a81e0 r9=fffff8a00b3d71d0 r10=fffff8a00a4f34a0
r11=fffff8a00b640010 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
dxgmms1!VIDMM_DEVICE::RemoveCommitment+0x31:
fffff880`043cf421 ff0b dec dword ptr [rbx] ds:00000000`00000000=????????
Resetting default scope
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002d50b91 to fffff80002cd2f00
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`05fff528 fffff800`02d50b91 : 00000000`00000050 fffff8a1`8afd1dc0 00000000`00000001 fffff880`05fff690 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`05fff530 fffff800`02cd0fee : 00000000`00000001 fffff8a1`8afd1dc0 fffff8a0`00000000 fffffa80`000000aa : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x40f5b
fffff880`05fff690 fffff880`043cf421 : fffff880`043c85c0 fffffa80`057f6000 fffff8a0`0a4f34a0 fffffa80`057f54b0 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
fffff880`05fff828 fffff880`043c85c0 : fffffa80`057f6000 fffff8a0`0a4f34a0 fffffa80`057f54b0 fffffa80`057f5630 ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/73351-bsod-issues-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello, I'll start off with my specs then move onto my issue

Windows XP pro SP2
Intel P4 3.2gig
2gigs DDR2 ram
nvidia GeForce 7900 ko

Its a working installation and the only real issue is that when gaming there are random green pixels generated over the black or dark-colored things, also some models have a...random similar colored line leading off into the sky (generally first person shooters)
I thought this might be my drivers so I reinstalled them but this has not fixed the issue. Does anyone have some light to shine of the situation before I have to go off and reformat?

A:Gaming issues (drivers?)

What kind of mobo do you have? Fyi I doubt formatting will help this
issue. Has the system been working, did you change something recently
What size and brand of psu.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gaming-issues-drivers-138645.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi there Please can anyone out there help me I m at my wits end Help! gaming Wideband issues I like online gaming particularly Help! Wideband issues gaming Modern Warfare on the Xbox I ve been suffering serious lag Especially at more popular times I live right in the middle of Manhattan so you can imagine how many people are fighting for the same bandwidth Here s the thing though I just upgraded to Time Warner Cable WIDEBAND When tested on various speed test sites and ping test sites I have the following results download speed mbps upload speed mbps and ping of or less with no packet loss and jitter of I m no expert far from it but this seems very good to me Trouble is I still suffer crazy lag on the xbox on most days which is Help! Wideband issues gaming really irritating because I love playing MW but hate the disadvantage I have Also the Macbook I am using to write and do the tests is super slow too I don t understand how I can have Help! Wideband issues gaming this problem given I have WIDEBAND and such great speeds What else could be affecting the speed but doesn t show up in the tests I don t believe it s my hardware because it affects both my Macbook and my Xbox Please help Thanks Mark nbsp

A:Help! Wideband issues gaming

Please anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-wideband-issues-gaming.914184/
Relevancy 44.29%

System Specs:
p4 2.4
1 gig ram
pny ti4400 128mb ver 45.xx driver
sb audigy plat
aopen ax4g pro mb

Everytime I start a game it locks up with-in 5 minutes. I have tried several things suggested here to fix this and I am running out of options and I am ready to toss it out the window.

A:Gaming Lockup issues....

nice specs , did you test your memory?flash the bios?what psu?what temps?

btw try the 43.03 drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-lockup-issues.8012/
Relevancy 44.29%

hey i was wondering if you could help me with a small problem ive been having. i use a 8600gt on vista ultimate and have been using it for 1 year, but ive experienced a much slower gaming experience on games like cod 5 and gta 4 with vista ultimate and windows aero, yet when i reverted to using xp my problems were solved, but since windows vista basic doesnt use aero, would the gaming experience be any different on vista basic than it is on windows xp? thanks a bunch , raiyan =)

A:Vista gaming vs Xp gaming

Well i read that only the vista can use the all power of the new directx, so it should be better for games, anyway Windows Vista is heavier than the XP, even if you disable the Aero. How many RAM do u have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-gaming-vs-xp-gaming.792726/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have the hp m8100n with vista home pro. I absolutely hate both.

I don't know what the hell is going on but here's what's happening:

Crashes and blue screens with the 0x00000024, 0x0000008E and a myriad of others.

If I use any combination of windows media center and anything else, it goes nuts, freezes and that whole memory dump thing starts.

Often, It freezes and just does nothing.

Every time, I shut down and reboot. Sometimes it would act normal thereafter and finally, now, it seems like it tries to reboot but the CPU does a short beep followed by a long beep every 2 seconds.

I am ready to throw this thing out the window. It all seemed to have started when I downloaded the latest version of iTunes/Quicktime. I have unintalled, reinstalled, uninstalled again, did system recovery, did windows updates, updated drivers... I GIVE UP!!

Can someone PLEASE help me through this?

A:[SOLVED] Major Crash, Freeze, Blue Screen Issues With Hp & Vista; Help!!!

Hi. . .

A bugcheck of 0x24 = NTFS file corruption - See if you can boot into SAFEMODE and run chkdsk /f from an elevated command prompt:
START | type cmd.exe into start search box | right-click on cmd.exe and select run as admin. Then type:

chkdsk /f

A bugcheck of 0x8e = a kernel mode application generated an exception. If the 1st parm inside the partenthesis is 0xc0000005 then it tells us a memory violation occurred. Run memtest86+ - click on the link below in my sig area. You will need to make an ISO and boot-up with the resulting DVD/CD.

I would run the memory dumps, but with the wide variety of bugchecks (STOP error codes) that you mentioned in addition to the beeping, this appears to be a hardware issue at this time and the dumps would probably not contain any helpful information.

Please look at the following from our Hardware Forum for information on the beeps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...es-146908.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-major-crash-freeze-blue-screen-issues-with-hp-and-amp-vista-help-286011.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I m dell on vista/Questions about Media with windows Solved: Issues CD's reinstall not sure if anybody has had this same issue but here goes After dropping a bunch of money on a Dell Inspiron with Windows Vista I encountered an issue with playing music off the hard drive I transferred all of my music from my external hard-drive downloaded from CD s not the net onto the hard disk and then started it up Regardless of whether I m using Windows Media Player Media Direct the Media Center no matter what I use when each song is almost over usually - seconds remaining you hear what sounds like a CD skipping It lliterally sounds like there is a CD in there and that it s skipping Now this only goes on Solved: Issues with Media on windows vista/Questions about dell reinstall CD's for about two seconds or so but it does so on every single song Incidently I do not have this issue with my wifes Inspiron which runs Windows XP home - it plays the files like a champ which was my reason for purchasing one myself Anyway Dell tech support tried for a couple hours to fix it and then informed me that they were gonna have to forward the issue to some other people that it s probably something to do with the new OS So while I wait to weeks for their response let me ask everyone the following questions Has anybody experienced this same issue and managed to get it fixed If so how Even a complete reinstall failed to fix the problem for me so if anybody has any suggestions I d really appreciate hearing them One of my friends has a dell reinstall CD for Windows XP Professional that he s not using because he upgraded to Vista on his rig Can anybody tell me whether or not I can use this CD to install XP pro on my computer will it function He said something about the sticker on the bottom of my computer but it s a product code for Vista not XP and I d hate to wipe away my recovery partition just to find out it won t accept the product code Any answers and suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Issues with Media on windows vista/Questions about dell reinstall CD's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-issues-with-media-on-windows-vista-questions-about-dell-reinstall-cds.542743/
Relevancy 43.86%

Here are some things that i have come across and been able to sit down and resolve Blue Screen - We loaded Vista Business on our new Dell D Laptops they image we used Symantec Ghost was flawless The machines started quot Blue Screening quot after getting a few and solved I Issues have Solved: come across Vista of the first updates Re-imaging did not Solved: Vista Issues I have come across and solved resolve the issue neither did updating the BIOS and drivers The Fix - The blue screen would not come up if I powered down the system rather than quot restart quot after the first round of updates This allowed me to find and download Solved: Vista Issues I have come across and solved the quot Service Pack quot for Vista and after this the machines were fine Printers - Someone s cruel joke here but when we migrated user accounts from XP the printers that were already in the user profile not longer worked To make things worse these printers would not delete from the profile on Vista I could add other printers but not the ones already installed drove me nuts Shutting down the print spooler dragging to the recycle bin did not work The Fix - I ended up getting them all to remove by logging off as the user unplugging from the Network logging back in as the user and I could then quot really quot manage the printers and remove all I wanted Data Transfer - We went with the Belkin Easy Transfer USB to migrate user files from XP to VISTA I problem came with large files and photos that killed the transfer process After quite a few tries and a lot of time we found a pretty efficient way to make the transfer The Fix - Set up the Windows Easy Transfer on the XP machine use a USB thumb drive and transfer all the user settings leave out the my docs photos and music to the USB drive Then move the drive to the Vista machine start the transfer choose to continue select the USB device and transfer This never failed after about times in a row I then just networked to the Vista machine from the XP machine and moved the documents photos and music over that way start run computername c users domain admin helps Hope this helps someone Michael nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-issues-i-have-come-across-and-solved.717052/
Relevancy 43.86%

So basically when I turn my computer on in the morning my download speed on speedtest is mbps which is really internet causing Gaming issues good But then I go to play Counter-Strike I play for mins- hour and I start to lag and my ping rises from around - to - I close the game and go on speedtest and I nowget ping and a download speed of mbps My internet doesn t return to normal for numerous hours and it affects all the devices in my household both wired and those on wi-fi So I then rang up Optus who ran tests and decided to come and replace the modem Gaming causing internet issues router and the switch But the problem still persists Gaming causing internet issues and it is getting really annoying If anyone has a solution or any ideas please let me know as Optus said if replacing those didn t fix it then there s nothing else they can do The new router is a Netgear CG v nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

So i installed this software in the hopes that once the trial 30 days was up i would buy it , But i have had nothing but problems with it .
I activated "Gamemode" but after every match on Battlefield 4 it goes back to normal mode causing Lag and horrible hit detection in game , I know this software was to blame as now i have uninstalled it my Lag has gone and my Hit detection back to normal .
I need a AntiVirus suite but i need one that does not interfere with my online gaming as that is what my machine is primarily for and its no slouch either.

Was particularly disappointing as this software states it is very good for gamers . 

A:Major issues with Nod32 & Gaming

Hi the geekfreak It's a known fact that the "Gaming Mode" of Antivirus programs usually cause a lot of issues in-game: lag, delays, FPS drops, etc. I personally never used the Gaming Mode in Kaspersky Internet Security, and everyone I know disable that mode when they play online games on their own Antivirus. So I would suggest you to do the same. Since the Gaming Mode of ESET doesn't do much when enabled (security wise), I suggest you to just leave it disabled, then play Battlefield and see if the performance is better that way.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574159/major-issues-with-nod32-gaming/
Relevancy 43.86%

Dear Lenovo family nbsp I have bought this laptop Y P Y510P gaming Lenovo issues. around the end of December nbsp I have just decided to write these nbsp after long time of having nbsp issues with gaming Also tooday I have just Lenovo Y510P gaming issues. changed my Hard drive to SSD with booting windows bit from scrach hoping that it would all come to an end however it did not nbsp -I have updated all the software drivers etc I have uploaded a RAR folder including my nbsp Nvidea system information speccy system screen shot and all the logs from event viewer nbsp nbsp Now here is the problem I am having When I start playin a game For instance CS GO at first it is all good -As soon as I run the game nbsp SLI gets activated -Fans starts getting faster and both graphic cards getting warmer -After - minues of gameplay game freezes screen gets minimized for - seconds nbsp and eveything freezess then games screen comes back nbsp and another - seconds game freezes then starts back on - Problem repeates after another - minutes of game play nbsp What nbsp could be the problem Could it be CPU speed is not properly working Could it be because of the Graphic cards nbsp I will be waiting for your help nbsp Thank you all nbsp nbsp Evrim system info rar KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y510P-gaming-issues/td-p/3454279
Relevancy 43.86%

Windows 10Processor:AMD Athlon II X2 270 Processor 3.40 GHzInstalled memory(RAM) 4.00 GB DDR3System type: 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processorGPU: GeForce 9800 GTX+Hard drive space: 500 GBI am currently having issues running games and i am not sure what the cause is. When i load the games it will start to stutter and lag, making it literally unplayable. I thought the issue may be graphics related, so i went and bought the GeForce 9800 GTX+ graphics card, but to no avail. I no longer believe it is graphics related at this point, because even lowering all setting on the game to the lowest does not improve how it handles.Hopefully someone will know more about fixing this issue than me.

A:Computer Performance Issues: Gaming

What sort of games are you trying to play?  The 9800 GTX+ is an 8 year old card, not really up to the job of running modern games.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157693.0.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have not been able to connect for any online games in STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT. I find a server, it appears to connects and goes all the way to the map and then says "CONNECTION TO HOST LOST" with "WAITING FOR PLAYERS" flashing in the background.

I opened ports, diabled firewalls, antivirus nothing seems to work.

I can connect for other online games but this one uses GAMESPY. Is GAMESPY the reason or am I doing something wrong?

Has anybody seen this before and if your have please help a brother out!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-issues-online-gaming.22091/
Relevancy 43.86%

I got a new Blizzard issues connection Gaming computer recently and just installed Blizzard Gaming connection issues starcraft on it When trying to login I get the notification that Blizzard Gaming connection issues I may not be connected to the internet However if I Blizzard Gaming connection issues open a webpage then for those brief moments the internet connection works for the game This happens everytime anything new happens inside of the game For example after I m prompted to login with a username and password and the only way for starcraft to once again take in the new information I have to open or refresh the webpage I ve searched through the forums that the blizzard technicians have and can t find anything I ve also tried to open the ports but from what I think my siemens speedstream B is unable to do so I ve turned off my windows firewall as well I completely reinstalled and tried again and I managed to get one game to work During the second game I began to lag and eventually my computer shut off When I rebooted the same problem from before occurred again I have no idea what to do I m running on Windows I thought that my desktop might ve overheated but i have a liquid cooling system nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blizzard-gaming-connection-issues.970197/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey I just wanted to throw this out here I am still NAT Strict issues gaming. in type seeing a lot of NAT type related issues as well as difficulties in resolving the issues When you are trying to hash this out you have to keep all of the details in mind Most of the replies I see talk Strict NAT type issues in gaming. about the wireless router like my WRT G from linksys We can go back and forth all day about how to forward my ports or set port triggering but no one usually will talk about the actual quot border quot device that is the only one in the network that has any business performing the NAT function at all The wireless router does not need to perform NAT if it is connected to a modem with NAT capabilities Keep that in mind as you work through the issue and seek answers Networking is ALL about the details and acronyms but that s another story Happy Hunting Please if you have more to add here do it Good day nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I have a fairly powerful gaming laptop connected to my tv ysing hdmi to play games, but whenever im in a game, the video and audio both cut out randomly. This only happens when the game is the active window, i can have it running in the background without issue. I have tried switching hdmi cables to no avail. The only solution I have found is running them windowed. Any help is greatly appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdmi-issues-whilst-gaming.1155838/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am having gaming, when issues and Processor Streaming? trouble with my Processor when I am gaming Processor issues when gaming, and Streaming? Black Ops and streaming with OBS My processor is Intel Core i -MQ Ghz Turbo up to Ghz I got Gbs of Ram and Nvidia Geforce GT M gb This is what my problem is Usually when I play Black Ops I can have almost high graphics I cap at Frames and its stable But over time or the higher I try to go My frames stay at but go down to mid s sometimes The thing is that my audio kinda cuts out and glitches out and stutters when that happens Thats how i know its my processor Well when I stream I use FPS and superfast for my CPU Processor issues when gaming, and Streaming? Black Ops is with everything turned down and I also have Itunes playing Over a short time it starts doing the frame drops and audio glitches etc Is there something wrong with my processor Cause my processor Graphics and Ram are more then capable to stream and play black ops with higher graphics without doubt My GPU tempature stays at around because I took off the base under neath to keep it cooler but thats when I stream Without it it stays at Taking the bottom off put the temparture down by at least I really wanna fix this problem cause I love streaming Thank you

A:Processor issues when gaming, and Streaming?

Frames/sec dropping from 60 > 55 is nothing, perfectly normal in any game. No problem at all.
A re-install your sound driver is an obvious thing to try.

Running another sound Application like Itunes whilst running a game is not a good idea. It may not be up to job of so many sound channels at the same time.

I don't know Itunes, but if there is a means of lowering it's priority, resource usage you may gain something. The thing is, is the game sound OK when you are not running Itunes ?

I don't see your CPU processor as anything to do with this at all.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59679-processor-issues-when-gaming-streaming.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, i bought this laptop a month ago and since then i am having trobles with it ,it automatically shuts down even when i am watching any tv show or something on it .but the most important thing is its worst gaming performance man serusly i am not even able to play nfs most wanted 2005 edition on it.it gets hanged all over the time not inly that i dont know what happens system gets shut down automatically same thing happens when i play counterstrike source on it (this too is an older version) i dont know what to do i have already posted it many times but never get a reply or help plz send someone to fix this thing up.i am really fed up with it if i wanted a performance like this i wud have bought a lapyop 20k cheaper than this so plz help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/having-gaming-issues-and-system-shutting-down/td-p/5751113
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello there My name is Wizarduous and I recently built a new computer from scratch Everything was fine up until I found time to while gaming, issues? BSOD's driver start playing games on it While playing games like Left Dead Minecraft ect my computer decides it would rather spit a BSOD in my face and laugh at me I've been BSOD's while gaming, driver issues? having this problem for about two weeks now I tried updating drivers specifically video drivers and that didn't work I just reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows and I'm still getting BSODs I just finished a hour memtest which completed passes and didn't discover any problems I also ran Prime and ran the small FFT test no errors discovered and the blend test no errors discovered Finally I tested my GPU with FurMark I ran the program until my GPU got to C and there weren't any obvious errors while it was running or when it completed Attached is a zip with all the stuff the sticky thread asked for It only has dump files from after I reinstalled windows The dump files before I reinstalled windows complained about directX files if that is of any use Also the performance report says a lot of my hardware is crap This isn't true as my computer runs very well When running games the FPS is great Its just that sometimes actually most of the time the computer BSODs System Specs Windows Ultimate Service Pack -bit Retail Version downloaded from my University for free System is about a month old Current OS installation is a few days old AMD Phenom tm II X Processor CPUs GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX BIOSTAR TSeries TA GXB Motherboard Watt Power Supply

A:BSOD's while gaming, driver issues?

Please check for firmware updates for your motherboard, GPU and other components. You mentioned that you updated the drivers. There are quite often firmware updates that coincide with driver updates and they are both necessary for stability.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsods-while-gaming-driver-issues-559676.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm fairly sure this is a software problem so I'm posting here rather than at Dell's forums.

This morning, I was using my laptop on battery. After five minutes the battery meter went from full to 98%. Then a few minutes later--I happened to be looking at it when it happened--it shot down to 3%. 98% to 3% in one second.

To keep it from shutting down on me, I ran to get the power cord but didn't beat it. After plugging in and rebooting, the power meter shows it plugged in and charging, but it has not left 3% after 5 hours and multiple restarts. Battery meter shows the battery's status (about 3-4 months old) as "normal."

I have some knowledge of Windows Vista, but I'm not even sure where to start on this problem. Any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-battery-meter-issues-on-dell-e1505-running-vista-svp1-307248.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello I have Time Warner Cable Internet mbps service I directly connect my laptop with a cord into the modem Here is the problem my internet is not responding as it should The latency is off the charts at times ms to ms Therefore it is impossible to do any online gaming and even activities Latency gaming internet online issues and with such Latency issues with internet and online gaming as web browsing or Latency issues with internet and online gaming checking email are brutal It may take three tries to load a page if it loads Sometimes it just comes up with the blank page of internet not connected diagnose connection problems Every time I do troubleshooting under quot Windows Network Diagnostics quot it ALWAYS says quot The default gateway is not available quot quot Fixed quot But if I run it again seconds later it says it again So it must not really be fixing it So side notes I have had techs out here multiple times and they have changed everything to no avail I have plugged other people s computers into the connection and it works fine I have taken my computer to other LAN Latency issues with internet and online gaming connection site work and my computer works fine So both items on their own work perfect but for some reason when they come together they refuse I have run tracert about a million times and what happens every time is this I attached a few iterations so that you can see the pattern Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Tony gt tracert yahoo com Tracing route to yahoo com over a maximum of hops ms ms ms cpe- - - - neo res rr com ms ms ms gig - hbckpa -swt neo rr com Tony-PC neo rr com reports Destination host unreachable Trace complete C Users Tony gt tracert yahoo com Tracing route to yahoo com over a maximum of hops ms ms ms cpe- - - - neo res rr com ms ms ms gig - hbckpa -swt neo rr com ms ms ms tge - mcdnoh -swt neo rr com ms ms ms tge - mcdnoh -swt neo rr com ms ms ms tge - clvhoh -rtr neo rr com ms ms tge - - clevoh -rtr neo rr com ms ms ms tge - - ncntoh -rtr neo rr com ms ms ms tge - - ar clmkohpe mwrtn rr com ms ms ms ae tr clmkohpe mwrtn rr com ms ms ms ae- - cr chi tbone rr com ms ae pr dfw tbone rr com ms ms ms ae- - pr dfw tbone rr com ms ms ms ms ae- -d msr mud yahoo com ms ms ms te- - fab -a-gdc mud yahoo com ms ms ms te- - bas-c mud yahoo com ms ms ms ir fp vip mud yahoo com Trace complete C Users Tony gt tracert yahoo com Tracing route to yahoo com over a maximum of hops ms ms ms cpe- - - - neo res rr com ms ms ms gig - hbckpa -swt neo rr com ms ms ms tge - mcdnoh -swt neo rr com ms ms ms tge - mcdnoh -swt neo rr com ms ms ms tge - clvhoh -rtr neo rr com ms ms ms tge - - clevoh -rtr neo rr com ms ms ms tge - - ncntoh -rtr neo rr com ms ms ms tge - - ar clmkohpe mwrtn rr com ms ms ms ae tr clmkohpe mwrtn rr com ms ms ms ms ms ms ae- - cr dca tbone rr com ms ms ms ae- - pr dca tbone rr com ms ms ms ms ms ms ae- pat che yahoo com ms ms ms ae- pat bfz yahoo com Tony-PC neo rr com reports Destination host unreachable Trace complete C Users Tony gt The middle one is the only time I have ever had tracert not end with quot Destination host unreachable quot So I am not sure what is up on that one but it was still unacceptable with the rates Thank you in advance for reading thinking and possibly helping me nbsp

A:Latency issues with internet and online gaming

Nothing??? No suggestions at all??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/latency-issues-with-internet-and-online-gaming.1062316/