Windows Support Forum

New Dell: Vista reboots and no facebook

Q: New Dell: Vista reboots and no facebook

Dear All I am having some weird problems and have sought solutions from Dell: New Vista reboots facebook and no Dell and online before returning here Dell recently replaced my AMD with a new E with Intel Dual Cores I also have a ATI Radeon X Pro card with MB and New Dell: Vista reboots and no facebook GB New Dell: Vista reboots and no facebook ram I am running the pre installed Vista Home Prem So here are my problems The computer ALWAYS starts OK loads the Dell bios splash and then some dos text about the DVD drives then it reboots and I get the wondwos failed to load stuff What ever choice I select it loads OK and works But the next time does exactly the same I am running the latest Dell bios Any ideas The other issues is that I just downloaded the latest ATI CCC driver for Vista bit It was released in October ans d seem to install OK but now I can not load New Dell: Vista reboots and no facebook the CC Finally I am using Firefox and IE I have tried to load the Dell site for support and also Facebook and neither load at all But both load fine on my Dell L attitude I can not understand why they do not load on my PC but do on my laptop I wondered if it was a McAfee related thing but I have turned that all off and nothing makes a difference I would rally appreciate some help and guidance please Thanks disney cjd nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New Dell: Vista reboots and no facebook

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 55.9%

I m having an extremely weird vista startup error I just built my computer about a month ago and installed Vista Ultimate -bit SP- It took me about tries but I finally got vista installed I updated the drivers for the graphics card and sound card installed Norton Internet Security and Supreme Commander FA and it started doing this weird restarting stuff Once booted up my computer runs fine It runs Supcom Crashes, Works 64-bit Reboots, Startup Vista Error: Reboots, FA perfectly at all max settings with no slowdown and has never crashed once This makes me think it is not a hardware issue Here s where the problems start Every time I turn on my computer the graphics card cycles the fan high then low high then low eight times before it boots It didn t do that before I want to fix that because it takes a long time and the noise is annoying Once it boots up Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works I get the quot Windows Error Recovery quot screen and if I select quot start normally quot it starts to boot green loading bar then gives me a bluescreen for second too fast to read or get a pic of then reboots I get the quot Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works Windows Error Recovery quot screen again and select quot use previous settings quot and it will sometimes start normally other times I have to repeat this process Every time I start normally it crashes and reboots Once it s booted it works fine I tried booting off the install DVD and running quot Repair My Computer quot First I said no to using system restore It said there was a patch error and that it could not be fixed automatically When I used System Restore I think it deleted Norton but it started up fine Next restart however it was back to restarting Also any time the computer enters sleep mode the graphics fan goes crazy and it snaps out of sleep Any help I have all the manuals and CDs DVDs that came with the hardware as well as the Vista install disk Re-Installing Vista is definitely an option as i haven t really been able to install anything important or create any important files Here are the specs OS Windows Vista Ultimate x SP- Motherboard ASUS P N-D nforce i CPU Q stock RAM G DDR - OCZ Reaper Graphics PNY XLR GTX Sound HT OMEGA CLARO Plus Hard Drives x Western Digital Caviar GB in Raid Disk Drives x SATA x DVD Burner CPU Cooler Zalman mm CNPS Case NZXT Apollo Mid Tower Monitor LG W T-TF quot Widescreen A V Soft Norton Internet Security nbsp

A:Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works

Bump.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64-bit-startup-error-reboots-crashes-reboots-works.764507/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi All I've been having middle-of-the-night system shutdowns reboots crashes for awhile but figured that was more-or-less normal Facebook Spam, Reboots, Strange Evidence Little with all the Lenovo bloat on my Thinkpad X Last weekend a friend told me I posted something on Facebook about how I lost lbs with Garcinia so I've been in Facebook Spam, Strange Reboots, Little Evidence sleuth-mode ever since Changed password and enabled two-factor authentication on Google and Facebook disabled Firefox add-ons I wasn't sure about Last night I found that in Firefox Facebook wasn't working properly it would display a notification but when I clicked the dropdown would just show the loading bar Also there are no comments showing on posts and I can't comment share etc Works fine from Chrome Recently I've installed XMLbar CCTV Downloader KMPlayer and this Chinese flvCD Facebook Spam, Strange Reboots, Little Evidence utility which after scanning with AntiByte and eset online appear to have been slightly malicious Removed those elements detected HijackThis didn't seem to find too much I run Comodo Internet Security Premium I am pretty sure I haven't clicked on any malicious links or been phished but I guess you never know I am a former IT guy so I have some experience though I am nowhere near up-to-date or expert so any advice appreciated It's possible the PC has been compromised for some time as it used to be hibernating almost always so if it is part of a botnet etc it would've been pretty useless Any advice appreciated EDIT Windows BTW

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512367/facebook-spam-strange-reboots-little-evidence/
Relevancy 49.45%

My friend ask me to help him figure out whats wrong with his Dell XPS with Vista home premium installed The box is about years old It will reboot when left alone for a period of time He says 410 Dell own. it's XPS on reboots it made a squealing noise just before it started this I sat it up on my bench with the side off and watched the fans during boot they all came on OK but the CPU fan might be running slow There doesn't seem to be a lot of heat around the CPU haven't check the temp with Everest or any other utility yet Also while running the computer under load there's no lock ups or slow running or anything to indicate a heat problem It will run fine till you let it set for a while them it will reboot and stop at the log in screen I've tried resetting the RAM sticks- gb didn't seem to make a difference I think I'll take the heat sink amp fan assembly off tomorrow and clean them after I backup his data and pics see that that helps Would anyone have any ideas on this problem Thanks in Dell XPS 410 reboots on it's own. advance

A:Dell XPS 410 reboots on it's own.

1) System Properties - Advanced - Startup & Recovery - UNcheck "automatically restart".

2) Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518795/dell-xps-410-reboots-on-its-own/
Relevancy 48.16%

Old Dell Inspiron 530 Reboots (no BSOD) from Windows. More often when I run all 4 cores. Sometimes it will run for a few seconds and reboot. Other times it will go for hours or days. Throttling back to 2 cores seems to help.

* I have replaced the CPU. Cleaned the heat sink. Fan is running. It does not appear to be heat related.
* I installed a graphics card to get away from the onboard Intel.
* Switched the memory around and took out two of the sticks (leaving me with 2 GB)

Why would going to all 4 cores make it worse? I'm baffled.

A:Dell Inspiron Reboots Intermittently

Hi "Baffled",

Have you examined your motherboard and PSU, for any bulging capacitors?

It does sound like either a RAM or Motherboard failure or possibly a PSU failure.

If you're still using the original Power Supply (PSU) it's quite possible that you're seeing a problem in the PSU itself. Dell is not known for its use of HIGH Quality PSU's. I'd open up that PSU and check for any signs of 'Bulging Capacitors'.

Good Luck!
TechnoMage

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401869-dell-inspiron-reboots-intermittently.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I have a new laptop about months old Dell Studio Windows Home Premium bit OEM From day one I had this annoying problem - the system reboots with no BSOD while surfing while using apps or just when idle To make a long story short - after chatting with dell I replaced a Dell reboots - Random Studio 1558 faulty hard drive a few days ago and on the HDD came Dell Studio 1558 - Random reboots a freshly installed OS I only installed Office and let the computer to run After hours while idle the computer rebooted without any dmp file - only an event quot windows did not shut down properly quot appeared in the event log I spoke to Dell once again and they mentioned something about a motherboard replacement but they want to send me a tech before taking this step I really don't want to replace the motherboard because they are not sure what is the problem and I have a feeling that they will replace it and the problem will persist I decided to wait and try with your help - to identify the problem I have monitored the temperature of the CPU GPU and HDD - no problem there I ran verifier for hours and the computer crashed twice - but this time it Dell Studio 1558 - Random reboots did leave BSOD and dmp files The first crash was while shutting down the computer and the second crash occured while word powerpoint were running The Zip file includes the dmp files zipped while using your BSOD Dump amp System File Collection app Thank You

A:Dell Studio 1558 - Random reboots

Random reboots like that are most often caused by hardware. A bad motherboard could cause that, and PSU is another likely cause.

I did run the dumps, looking for a software cause. The dumps seem to support the notion that your USB mouse is having problems. Could you remove the mouse and see what happens?

Since you don't even have to send your laptop in for repair, I would recommend you just go with the tech. Make a system image, though, in case he decides to wipe your drive.

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

It is almost certain bad drivers are not the cause, but just for the heck of it, install some updated ones.

Install these Realtek network adapter drivers: 218.210.127.131/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Install these Dell wireless drivers: http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=379431

...Summary of the BSODs:
Code:

Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Wed Oct 13 07:07:25.247 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 5:40:30.322
BugCheck C4, {62, fffffa8008bbde98, fffffa8008ebd690, 6}
Probably caused by : HIDCLASS.SYS
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc4_62
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Wed Oct 13 01:26:14.557 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 10:09:20.743
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8007d6f160, fffff80000b8c518, fffff9803e3c6a60}
Probably caused by : usbhub.sys
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/117721-dell-studio-1558-random-reboots.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I purchase Dell Inspiron 5555 on 2nd October 2016, However I have noticed that it reboots randomly without any error or blue screen.
Note sure if anybody else has faced this issue.
I am also unable to lookup my express code or service tag on Dell's website either
I get an error message that the code is unrecongnised
Regards
Tejas

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994677
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

I have a strange problem with me dell dimension 9100 pc, it has a fresh copy of windows so i know there's no virus.
For no apparent reason or timing it shutsdown and reboots.
About every 1-3 hours it does this, even if your enot using it.
No warnings, messages etc.....

Any help would be apprecaited.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-dimension-9100-ocassioanly-shuts-down-reboots.903261/
Relevancy 46.87%

Dell Inspiron N4110, Windows 7 Home, purchased 2010.

PXE-E61 error msg. Checked boot order. Constantly reverts to the Boot Order screen when not active for a few hours. Have to reboot numerous times (sometimes many, sometimes just a few) before it randomly boots up successfully. Very suspicious it's a hardware problem. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Hate to throw this laptopaway; it works well when it's up and running.

Thanks.

A:PXE-E61 error: Dell laptop reboots, but after random number of attempts

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pxe-e61-error-dell-laptop-reboots-but-after-random-number-of-attempts.1124506/
Relevancy 46.87%

hello everybody if this case has happened and been [SOLVED] reinstalled reboots dell, at (loops) loading screen answered before im sorry for asking again ive done some searching on google and i didnt fint much of intrest there this time Dell Worlstation Dimention i havent changed any hardware on it so its all stock and the pc is - years old the pc has been veeery slow for a long time its taken like - minutes after loading explorer before i could do anything so i decided to reinstall i have a leagal version of XP not the dell install thing but i have burned it myself its [SOLVED] reinstalled dell, reboots (loops) at loading screen XP with SP allready installed when i start my pc now it gets to the XP loading screen and stays there for about secunds then i reboots and it just keeps on looping if i let i run without doing anything EDIT not bluescreen apear and the same haapens even if i try to use safemode its actually a pretty long story but il try to tell it as short as possible me and some other frinds were going to a local LAN party at some friends and i decided i was going to reinstall turned out to be a rather long prosess As is said earlier my pc was very slow so i wanted to reinstall first i got differet bluescreens when i got to the place [SOLVED] reinstalled dell, reboots (loops) at loading screen where i was to pertition my harddrive it all said quot unknown disk quot like of them even tho i only have HDD when i [SOLVED] reinstalled dell, reboots (loops) at loading screen pressed the down or up arrow i got a bluescreen the one said it could be something with the HDD and another that indicated something wrong with the RAM after a while i plugged my HDD in another ones pc and installed and formatted the HDD on that computer and then when i got my HDD back i got an error quot No Boot sector found quot we tried installing XP again but same problem i tested ram and monitor card in another pc so i now that both of those worked then my pc barely started at all removed my BIOS battery to reset it and then it worked much better but i goes to the XP loading screens and then restarts btw whwn i installed XP on my HDD i formated the whole disk including to hidden volumes probably Dell support things on those partitions one was Mb and the other Gb in size and made partitions one for system files and another for games and other files ive heard that the HDD has to have those partitions to work together witht the BIOS since its a Dell is this true or doesnt it really matter i thought it would work to reinstall with a regular XP CD i know its a lot of text and theres probably a whole lot ive forgot to say but i still want to thank for all answers

A:[SOLVED] reinstalled dell, reboots (loops) at loading screen

The Dell partitions you deleted were the Recovery partition. Put the drive in your friends computer and delete all the partitions. Create one partition and Format it NTFS. (If you want to make a second partition leave some unallocated space but don't create a partition yet). Now don't install on this computer, take the freshly partitioned and formatted drive over to the old computer. Boot into the Bios and make sure the drive is listed. Then boot off of the XP CD and choose to install and leave the file system the same (don't create a partition or format). After Windows Loads you can create a second partiton from the un-allocated space in Disk Managment.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-reinstalled-dell-reboots-loops-at-loading-screen-419077.html
Relevancy 46.87%

On one machine, Dell I8700 Facebook app AND Facebook messenger fail on 14393.10 despite reboot, reinstall of Win 10 and apps.

A:Facebook app on Win 10 Anniversary Update opens/closes on Dell 8700

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question On one machine, Dell I8700 Facebook app AND Facebook messenger fail on 14393.10 despite reboot, reinstall of Win 10 and apps. this is most likely an issue with facebook apps as many have reported multiple issues with the apps. Keep checking for updates for the apps
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434567-facebook-app-win-10-anniversary-update-opens-closes-dell-8700-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My Vista home basic reboots by itself randomly. Started to happen after I installed a 2nd hard drive. Its a Hitachi 500 gig sata hard drive. Any ideas on what it could be ?

Compaq Presario sr510nx
celeron 3.46 ghz
2 gig Ram
Nvidia Ge Force 8600 GT 512 Ram
Vista Home Basic
Hard drives compaq 141 gig, Hitachi 500 gig sata hard drive

A:Vista reboots by itself

what does the sata drives in the bios setting display?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-reboots-by-itself-298708.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Guys,

Dell 1525 Vista laptop:

System all of a sudden give a blue screen and reboots it self

Blue screen error is "0x0000001a"

Please help.

A:Vista reboots itself - Plz help

I'm having the same problem. As soon as I figure out whats causing it, I'll let you know. What where you doing before it restarted?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-itself-plz-help.813602/
Relevancy 45.15%

Please help as my missus is doing my head in with this stupid facebook program. Basically as soon as she logs in, she might get between 10 seconds and 5 minutes of use until the program freezes and then explorer 7 crashes. Msn messenger works fine as do all other programs i.e outlook,nero 8, cod4 etc you get the picture........ Please help as I am about to commit murder and be done of this facebook issue once and for all

A:Vista 64 and Facebook

Try firefox and see if the internet crashes.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/134371-vista-64-facebook.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Howdy folks,
I just built a PC with the following components.......
Asustek S775 Intel G33 ATX GLAN motherboard
CoolerMaster Centurion 5 Black/Silver Case
OCZ Technology 500W STEALTHXSTREAM POWER SUPPLY
OCZ Technology 2X1GBKIT 240PIN PC2-8500 DDR2 1066MHZ SLI READY
Asustek V-70 Low Profile Quiet Intel LGA775 CPU Cooler
Samsung SpinPoint 320GB 7200RPM S300
Intel quad core CPU
some RAM and bought windows vista OS

I have a problem in that anytime i shutdown the computer it goes ahead shuts down ....fans shut off etc but then restarts about 5 seconds later. No errors show up on the screen at all.
I have come here for some help in diagnosing this problem.

A:Vista Reboots on shutdown

Hi

Sometimes this points to an incorrect wiring problem on the MoBo power block, where you have the Power and Reset wires connected. Make sure you don't have anything crossed in there first.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/188274-vista-reboots-shutdown.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hi i m currently using Windows XP pro sp i decided to change it with windows vista so that i can hav my pc a new look my system is ghz intel celeron i have mb of ram and nvidia geforce FX mb HDD gb and installation and then Vista reboots gb i used the gb for XP media center edition im installing vista in place because i do not have a dvd burner so Vista installation and then reboots i began with the setup and at first it went well and after long hours it finally reached the quot completing installation quot stage since it was too long again to wait i decided to leave the computer and when i returned the screen showed choices on how to start vista its the one with safe mode safe mode with networking last known good configuration and start windows normally from then on i feel that there is something wrong because that screen should only show up when windows has not successfully booted up so i chose start windows normally i saw the green progress bar but after that the screen goes blank and the reboots and when it reboots shows again that windows has not started up correctly and then i chose safe mode it booted up but said that installation cannot be completed in safe mode and needs to reboot i still haven t rolled back the installation what will i do tnx in advance nbsp

A:Vista installation and then reboots

This must be a UPGRADE install, and 512 is NOT enough RAM, you need at least 1 GIG if not 2.

Did you run the Vista Upgrade adviser, before doing this install?
What external devices do you have attached?
What programs and utilities do you have installed at the time if Vista upgrade?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-installation-and-then-reboots.643793/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys First time posting in here I noticed my Windows Vista PC keeps rebooting itself whenever I go online Sometimes it happens in a few minutes after booting sometimes in an hour or so At one point it restarted even in the Vista constantly Reboots PC middle of booting A day before this happened I was attacked by a Antimalware Doctor Spyware Program while visiting American Freedom Radio I scanned my PC using Spybot Malwarebytes CleanUp Advanced System Care Pro Vista PC Reboots constantly Tune-Up Utilities and Super Anti-spyware and removed all infections but I still get the same restart problem Here is my HiJackThis Log if it may help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Matrox Graphics Inc PowerDesk SE Matrox PowerDesk SE exe C Program Files Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Users bill Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - A B - - e -AB -E E AA B - C Program Files AskPBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLL O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Ask Search Assistant BHO - A B - - e -AB -E E AA B - C Program Files AskPBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLL O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run Matrox Powerdesk C Windows system PDesk PDesk exe Autolaunch O - HKLM Run Matrox PowerDesk SE quot C Program Files Matrox Graphics Inc PowerDesk SE Matrox PowerDesk SE exe quot O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Ftahayu rundll exe quot C Users bill AppData Local ohijevoherajo dll quot Startup O - HKCU Run Gadwin PrintScreen quot C Program Files Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe quot nosplash O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles ... Read more

A:Vista PC Reboots constantly

Bit of an update. I shut off the auto-reboot from Vista so I can get the error log and I have the following errors:

Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal

STOP 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000008, 0x00000000)

Hope this may be of some help to solve my problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-pc-reboots-constantly.990067/
Relevancy 44.72%

My new computer reboots randomly usually at night . maybe once a week

A:Vista reboots randomly?

Windows updates?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-randomly.787896/
Relevancy 44.72%

Once again Vista is driving me crazy - but now it s serious Suddenly during reboots statup Vista my system has begun rebooting during startup Vista displays the scrolling lines for awhile then the cursor appears in the centre of the screen - then BANG The PC reboots with the initial POST screen No error messages nothing in the system logs Thank God I have a working drive image to restore because nothing else will Vista reboots during statup fix the problem - not Safe Mode not Last Known Good The problem is I cannot switch off my PC without having to do a complete Vista reboots during statup drive restore the next time I switch on Which means that my OST file in Outlook is now wrong and any recent changes have been lost as well as my mind I think Vista has certainly cut a few years off MY lifespan If Bill Gates had to pay a dollar for every minute of wasted time that Vista has cost us poor suckers he would be bankrupt very quickly Additional I tried the Vista system repair booting with my Vista Ultimate CD which after about half an hour of attempting repairs made not the slightest difference I also restored the Vista image to a different hard drive in case it was a hardware issue - also no difference nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-during-statup.791240/
Relevancy 44.72%

I dual boot Vista and Ubuntu on my laptop, and recently Vista crashed and I am unable to load it anymore. I get to the screen where I am given the choice of loading Vista or Ubuntu, and I choose Vista. Then it asks me if I want to start normally or run startup repair. Choosing that program does nothing, the screen just flashes. Safe Mode is not one of the displayed options. So I choose to start normally, the screen goes black for a couple seconds, then the computer turns off then back on.

I am able to load Ubuntu without any problems (I'm using it now).

If anyone has any advice or suggestions to offer I would really appreciate it!

A:vista reboots instead of loading

hi you could try using east bcd http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1 and read this http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBC...1F8C88C96B2C32

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-reboots-instead-of-loading-366979.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone,

A client brought to me a PC with Windows Vista SP2 installed. Just before the login, the systems restarts without a BSOD. I have already check HDD and RAM and there is nothing wrong.
I also tried system restore, the system booted, but after a restart, the same happened.
Also checked with MSE and Malwarebytes, MSE nothing, malwarebytes a lot of toolbars, but nothing serious.

Is there anything else I can try, or my option is to format the system?

Thank you in advance,
John

A:Vista reboots before login

Hi, if it gets to the log on screen it is usually a windows file that is not loading and causing the problem, boot from the OS dvd, let it run startup repair, if this fails go on to command prompt and at the x sources prompt type:-

chkdsk c:/f press enter, after this run at the x sources prompt type:-

sfc/scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows (press enter) Restart computer when finished let us know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-reboots-before-login-722393.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey there So I had a virus last week on my sister's laptop Vista Home Premium x and with the help of the quot Am I infected What do I do quot forum I removed it Problem is along with the virus came a pretty big problem When I log into the main account under either Vista reboots at start-up Normal mode or Safe Mode with Networking a message box appears saying Vista reboots at start-up quot You are about to be logged off quot quot Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute Please save your work now quot Then a Windows Error box appears quot Services and Controller app stopped working and was closed quot quot A problem caused the application to stop working correctly Windows will notify you if a solution is available quot And the computer reboots and the cycle repeats itself Now I would format my computer but we lost the Toshiba recovery disk so we're very stuck Any help would be appreciated

A:Vista reboots at start-up

Another thing: I just scanned with Sophos Anti-Rootkit. It showed about 7 files and deleted them all except one: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\senpuqd.sys, giving the reason: "A device attached to the system is not functioning".
Does anyone know what that file is? I've searched around Google for solutions to my problem and every time someone mentions a mysterious file in the drivers folder.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344962/vista-reboots-at-start-up/
Relevancy 44.72%

My apologies if this has already been covered in another thread.

On my freshly built new computer, everything has been running nicely from day one. The only flaw is that from time to time, seemingly with no warning, the machine suddenly reboots. This happens say once every three or four days. It's odd because:
1) I don't "download" on this machine
2) No pirated software
3) Asus Probe and Speedfan show normal temperatures

So could it be something in Vista itself? Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks for your input,
mini

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-unexpectedly.703430/
Relevancy 44.72%

just installed the update and then it reboots continuously during the config of the said update. Please help.

A:Vista reboots from update since 12/11-12/09

Can you boot it in safe mode? Then you might be able to open Windows Update, click "installed updates" at the bottom left, and remove the update in question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-from-update-since-12-11-12-09.885457/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi

Hope you can help

I am running Vista. Just upgraded to IE 9. Most programs work but not so much the Facebook games only have the screen appears. I would like to go back to my old IE. I went remove programs but I don't see any IE in there, should I be looking else where

Relevancy 44.29%

The short version of my non-Dell Vista Solved: of Dell-provided computer? install version I on Can a a OEM question is exactly what Solved: Can I install a Dell-provided OEM version of Vista on a non-Dell computer? the topic says-- Can I install a Dell-provided OEM version of Vista on a non-Dell computer But here s the wordier version giving context if anyone s interested About months ago I guess I got a Dell Vostro that came with Windows Vista Home Basic However I had no interest in Vista because I already had a Windows machine and the very first thing I did was install Ubuntu on it I still have the Vista reinstall disk though which Solved: Can I install a Dell-provided OEM version of Vista on a non-Dell computer? to my memory hasn t been used Now I m planning on getting a barebones system and upgrading what I see fit For the time being I m going to use the Windows RC but I d like to get the uber-great upgrade deal that they re having to pre-order either the Business or Home Premium version upgrade So to do that I d need an XP installation or a Vista installation Is there any reason legal or software-related that I wouldn t be able to install Vista using that disk that came with the Vostro I heard somewhere that sometimes if you try it ll say something like quot This is not a Dell computer you evil evil person quot and refuse to install so I wanted to make sure before I pre-ordered the upgrade I don t want to get the upgrade and have nothing to upgrade of course nbsp

A:Solved: Can I install a Dell-provided OEM version of Vista on a non-Dell computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-i-install-a-dell-provided-oem-version-of-vista-on-a-non-dell-computer.838790/
Relevancy 44.29%

os-vista home ed sp1
laptop pc 1.5mb ram
evesham voyager c340sx
intel celeron m cpu 420 @ 1.6ghz
32bit
87gb hdd
dvd drive
wireless adaptor
avg virus scan completed [safe mode & normal].. no probs
hdd surfacetest / analysis ok

this laptop works ok with the on screen keyboard but crashes if i use the keyboard (5 to 6 chracers max). Had a problem with memory chip originally. this now replaced. This caused all sorts of probs, but vista appears to have mended most of them! Is the keyboard crash related to the earlier memory prob, or is this something hardware related? If it is a faulty device driver, then how do i mend it? The dump mentions ntkrpamp.exe?

It's hard work using the on screen kboard, so a solution would be v.gratefully recived!

A:vista laptop reboots when keyboard is used!

Hi please follow the instructions here and attach to your next post the info will help when run through a debugger to narrow down the cause of your issue
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-laptop-reboots-when-keyboard-is-used-480864.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm hoping someone here recognizes what this problem might be and can give me clues as to how to remedy it.

I have windows vista home basic. The computer started going into a reboot mode ... it would get to the point where I click on a profile and enter my password, and then reboot . . . sometimes even before I click on that profile.

If I use the F8 key to get the repair screen, I can always use "Last Known Good Configuration" and the computer will boot and work just perfect then, but every time I shut down or do a restart, it's right back to the reboot problem. I have swapped out the memory to see if that was the issue and the problem is still there. I did a standard CHKDSK at bootup and found nothing.

I am lost :(

Can anyone offer some suggestions as to what this might be and how to remedy it?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-home-continually-reboots-338158.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey there So I had a virus last week on my sister s laptop Vista Home Premium x and with the help of the quot Am I infected What do I do quot forum I removed it Problem is along with the virus came a pretty big problem When I log into the main account under either Normal mode or Safe Mode with Networking a message box appears saying quot You are about to be logged off quot quot Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute Please save your work now quot Then a Windows Error box appears quot Services and Controller app stopped working and was closed quot quot A problem caused the application to stop working correctly Windows will notify you if a solution is Rootkit Vista reboots senpuqd.sys / available quot And the computer reboots and the cycle repeats itself Now Vista reboots / senpuqd.sys Rootkit I would format my computer but Vista reboots / senpuqd.sys Rootkit we lost the Toshiba recovery disk Vista reboots / senpuqd.sys Rootkit so we re very stuck Any help would be appreciated Here is my DDS txt log QUOTEDDS Ver - - - NTFSx MINIMAL Run by Mitchie at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP SUPERAntiSpyware disabled Updated A C- - e- F- E AC DA Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exec program files windows defender MpCmdRun exeC Users Mitchie Desktop dds scrC Windows system conime exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dllTB BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - No FileuRun TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD EXEuRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exeuRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exemRun Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hidemRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exemRun RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exemRun LtMoh c program files ltmoh Ltmoh exemRun StartCCC c program files ati technologies ati ace core-static CLIStart exemRun TPwrMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain EXEmRun SmoothView ProgramFiles Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exemRun TCrdMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exemRun Symantec PIF AlertEng quot c program files common files symantec shared pif b e dd - - c -b f- f fca a pifsvc exe quot a m quot c program files common files symantec shared pif b e dd - - c -b f- f fca a AlertEng dll quot mRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exemRun hpqSRMon c program files hp digital imaging bin hpqSRMon exemRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun NDSTray exe NDSTray exemRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottimemRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun DivXUpdate quot c program files divx divx update DivXUpdate exe quot CHECKNOWmRun Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot c program files malwarebytes anti-malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscriptmExplorerRun nvtu c users mitchie appdata local temp ui cr exeStartupFolder c progra micros windows startm programs startup hpdigi lnk - c program files hp digital imaging bin hpqtra exemPolicies-system EnableLUA x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x IE Add to Windows amp Live Favorites - http favorites live com quickadd aspxIE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c prog... Read more

A:Vista reboots / senpuqd.sys Rootkit

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease download Rootkit Unhooker and save it to your DesktopDouble-click on RKUnhookerLE to run itClick the Report tab, then click ScanCheck Drivers, Stealth and uncheck the restClick OKWait until it's finished and then go to File > Save ReportSave the report to your DesktopCopy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/345028/vista-reboots-senpuqdsys-rootkit/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have Windows Vista (I had no choice in the matter) and after a while of surfing graphics-heavy web sites, the right click won't work and I can't open new windows. I always have to reboot the get the system working properly again. Is it eating up too much memory or what? Is there any way to prevent this from happening over and over again? Thanks.

Barbara

A:Frequent reboots needed on Vista

Might be what is called a "memory leak", which is caused by poor programming that keeps the memory a program used "occupied" even after that program has closed. Enough of those and you do run out of memory.

Check Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del) and report (under performance) the total, cached & free Physical Memory. The number or processes also.

Are you using Internet Explorer ?

Could also be a heat issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/frequent-reboots-needed-on-vista-223287.html
Relevancy 44.29%

New Dell xps 420, preinstalled Vista. One month not a single problem. Now, when I shut down, system appears to shut down normally then immediately boots back up. Everything else appears to be running normally. During the reboot I can depress the power button and shut down the computer and it stays off. When I restart I do not get any message about abnormal shut down.

I have run virus and malware scans neither found anything?

I have not yet called Dell Tech support because in the past this forum has been much faster and more complete?
I have since called Dell tech support and spent two hours on the phone only to have them tell me that it must be Itunes. They claimed there was no way that itunes and vista could coexist. However, they did for the first three weeks???

Any thoughts?

A:Vista reboots after normal shut down

Any wakeup settings in the bios power management? Installed any new hardware or drivers recently? Any software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-after-normal-shut-down.666953/
Relevancy 44.29%

Several weeks ago, I finally got my laptop running well for longer that 5 minutes. I had had McAffee free version installed, and I deleted it. I decided to download the updates I had been missing, and now my computer will not boot. It turns, says that it was shut down unexpectedly...which mode should it be in. and then it begins and suddenly shuts down, restarts and we are back at the beginning. I have tried my Toshiba Recovery and Applications/Drivers CD that came with the computer, but I can't remember which button to push, so nothing happens. Please help me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319656/laptop-with-vista-contantly-reboots/
Relevancy 44.29%

I don't know how it's possible but it happened Must be WITHOUT Apps??? NO Vista Reboots WAY! Closing some new feature they never advertised but should The other day Vista Ultimate was nagging me to reboot after installing some updates I kept putting it off but finally it wouldn't let me put it off for as long In any event I walked away to get some lunch and when I got back my PC had been rebooted I logged back in NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? and things looked like it was starting up normally But then I see down my taskbar that I have three programs still open I'm like WTF How is this possible They were Outlook an Unsent Saved Draft of an NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? email and another Email which was just open My web browser windows and multiple tabs were all gone though OR WERE THEY I opened IE to begin getting my desktop back in order and get my email tabs all opened up when suddenly I saw that IE had all my tabs in it as soon as it loaded I could not believe this What's REALLY weird and I think is confirmation that something had happened was that I now had tabs in one IE instance whereas before I had two instances of IE cascaded horizontally on my quot widescreen displays each with tabs - one set was for email and one was for forums I frequent But now IE loaded up and I had all of these COMBINED into a single IE instance which btw I'm trying to figure out how to move tabs from one IE instance to another but there doesn't seem to be a way In any event I can not believe it still thus I'm posting this here to see if anyone else has encountered this If you don't believe me even I will try this again go and install some updates not like SP but some basic updates then wait to let it reboot and see what happens Regards Kevin

A:NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps???

Windows Vista 64 ultimate has done this to me as well. It's kinda of a feature than a problem. It opened up the last programs that were running before the shutdown. But I never had windows update reboot without me telling it to. That's a new one.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/136911-no-way-vista-reboots-without-closing-apps.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Dear jcgriff2,

I have a problem on my Vista computer that it would automatically shutdown & reboots. Sometimes, I wouldn't even have luck starting the computer, since it reboots itself during the loading process.

I've restored my computer using system recover to bring it back to the shape when it first came out from the manufacturer, but I still get the same blue screen & unexpected shutdown / reboot.

I've read your post on http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html and have followed all your instrustions. Would you be able to help me with solving my problem ? The files as you indicated can be found in the zip attachment.

(Note: one of the problem states that my d: is less than 15%. I cannot do anything with it, because by default, D: is the factory_image that stores the recovery data, making the drive 1.20 GB free of 8.85 GB.)

Your help is greatly appreciated !

Yours,

Andrew

A:Vista unscheduled shutdown & reboots

You do not have Service Pack 1 installed (Service Pack 2 is recommended). Please visit the support website of the system manufacturer and update ALL of your drivers and programs. Then update to Service Pack 1 at a minimum (Service Pack 2 is recommended). Post back if this solves your issues.

The error messages vary a lot - most point to hard drive issues or networking issues (with most of them having memory related events).
Have you run any tests on your hard drive? http://usasma.vox.com/library/post/b...agnostics.html
Have you run any tests on your memory? http://usasma.vox.com/library/post/b...agnostics.html

I suspect the memory, due to the inconsistencies in some of the dump files. Please run the memory test ASAP and let us know the results.

Here's a summary of the BSOD's:

Code:
Built by: 6000.21023.x86fre.vista_ldr.090302-1506
Debug session time: Sat Aug 29 12:36:37.800 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:52.456
BugCheck 18, {88237ce0, 88235130, 12, 81d0a391}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!AlpcpUnlockAndDereferenceTargetPorts+78 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: WMIADAP.exe
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Debug session time: Sat Aug 29 12:39:20.377 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:36.048
BugCheck 19, {20, 888ff760, 888ffb88, 8850087}
Probably caused by : ecache.sys ( ecache!EcMemoryCacheIoRoutine+208 )
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Debug session time: Sat Aug 29 13:15:31.007 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:07.676
BugCheck D1, {4, 2, 1, 8eebb9cc}
Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip!OlmUploadConnections+b0 )
PROCESS_NAME: Idle
Debug session time: Sun Aug 30 21:44:41.918 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:21.590
BugCheck 24, {1904ab, 8e854430, 8e85412c, 81b5d1c4}
Probably caused by : fileinfo.sys ( fileinfo!FIStreamGet+11e )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: NULL_DEREFERENCE
Debug session time: Mon Aug 31 00:06:41.959 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:58.631
BugCheck D1, {0, ff, 8, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!KiTrap0E+2ac )
Debug session time: Mon Aug 31 00:09:51.885 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:19.557
BugCheck C5, {4f364b4, 2, 1, 81ce99b7}
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+2b3 )

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-unscheduled-shutdown-and-reboots-409573.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Good evening I clicked on a message in Facebook and it took me to a site where I thought I was going to see on from machine Facebook Vista Trojan a friend s video and Trojan from Facebook on Vista machine when it said I had to upgrade my Adobe player like a big dummy I clicked it The first time my system asked me permission to allow it to do a registry change I realized I had made a huge mistake and started closing windows etc but now a few things are happening I can t get online Firefox won t even open and IE opens and tries to go to a site Trojan from Facebook on Vista machine but doesn t Trojan from Facebook on Vista machine I keep getting a yellow Triangle in the bar at the bottom saying I have been infected and to click to go online for a solution I assume this is not real I ran my McAfee times and it found nothing I had to reformat my machine a few weeks ago and don t have much on there of importance other than MS Office so if doing that again is the only option I am open to that I removed Mozilla Firefox and only have the non-functioning IE left I downloaded Hijackthis using my wife s laptop to a jump drive and then ran it on my Laptop and here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows vVX exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Starfield Desktop Notifier wben exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Verizon CallAssistant VZVidgetEngine exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files ArcSoft TotalMedia Backup amp Record uBBMonitor exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Verizon CallAssistant VZVidgetEngineMonitor exe C Program Files Verizon CallAssistant VZCallAssistant exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files Dell PC TuneUp SMSystemAnalyzer exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS mcvsshld exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Adobe PDF ... Read more

A:Trojan from Facebook on Vista machine

Can anyone even point me in the right direction. I have my own business and can't get to the internet. Should I reinstall IE? If so, how do you do that without going to the internet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojan-from-facebook-on-vista-machine.775432/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello all great amp knowledgeable ones About a week ago my mom was so happy and proud because she told me that she updated flash all on her Koobface.b with help Vista Need Facebook? free from own normally she waits for me to do the upgrading Anyways since that day our computer has been cutting us off when we try to visit certain websites mostly anti-virus websites but others too and we cannot download the usual most common virus spyware scanners to see if it will fix our problem Aside from getting Koobface.b from Facebook? Need free help with Vista cut off completely sometimes pages will not show their pictures or they freeze or again cut our connection Our computer which up until a week ago has been good amp fast but now it is starting to lug a bit which is quite annoying I went in search of what could be our problem and found out about the Koobface b Virus After probing my mother repeatedly she finally admitted that she was in Facebook and wanted to open a video of some cute dogs that were sent by a friend but when she tried to play the video up popped a message that she needed to upgrade her flash So she clicked yes I am not sure if it is because I am using Vista but when following Symantec s removal instructions I did not locate any of the registry files it noted and the following scanners did not detect anything either please note these are all free versions Avast Antivirus Kaspersky I would have tried others like Trend Micro amp Symantec but when I begin to download them but once again my internet connection gets cut and the files never fully download Please help if you can I have read that after reboots the infection is at it s worst amp I am afraid we are already there Thank you in advance for all your assistance Here is my Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Windows System wpcumi exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpWareSE exe C Program Files D-Link Wireless G WUA- AirGCFG exe C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows system schtasks exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files Motive telus ra exe C Windows system jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEUser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search sympatico msn ca spbasic htm FORM MIMWA amp mkt en-CA R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN CA amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN CA amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU So... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/koobface-b-from-facebook-need-free-help-with-vista.746625/
Relevancy 43.43%

My comp was crashing for no reason and I ended up doing a factory restore It seemed all my programs were locked up so I had no other option Windows was downloaded the McAfee reboots scan runs when Vista factory but still needs updating I reinstalled McAfee I have dialup but it won t run-it keeps rebooting over and over It closes AOL and drops then goes thru how do you want to start Vista reboots when McAfee scan runs - I say normal windows Sometimes it goes thru this or times before Windows will actually start Sometimes my Windows are frozen-pointer and all in the middle of a different any program and I have to turn my comp off I am very comp illiterate Please help I don t know if there is a virus or not Waiting Carolet Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Vista reboots when McAfee scan runs Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce NVIDIA nForce i Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN Napa Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2. Within the past few weeks the system has started to freeze, crash and then reboot occassionally. Also, when it starts up, occassionally it does so with bad graphics. I used Advanced System Care (free) and it has been unable to correct the problem. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

A:Windows Vista freezes, reboots, bad graphics

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

2) Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415580/windows-vista-freezes-reboots-bad-graphics/
Relevancy 43.43%

For the last couple weeks my computer(windows vista)has gone haywire. I've been tortured by the BSOD ,constant freezing, black screen on power up,my PC randomly restarts out of the clear blue.I frequently get error message "Windows explorer not responding" .Not sure if files are damaged or what kinda nasties I picked up along the way. But any help with diagnosing/resolving the problem would be greatly appreciated.My PC Info:Windows Vista -Home PremiumService Pack 232-bit Operating SysAMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+2.00 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce6150SE nForce 430I ran the following programs in safe mode:+Spywareblaster ---regular maintenance+Spybot search & destroy--cookies+Cleanup! --regular flush+CWShredder --not infected Results: nothing significantly found. I await further instructions.

A:Windows Vista BSOD//Freezing//Sys Reboots

I may be overlooking it (I do so often)...but i don't see where you actually have installed and run a reliable AV program.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451095/windows-vista-bsodfreezingsys-reboots/
Relevancy 43.43%

I went to turn on my new HP desktop and it gets through to the windows vista load screen, then the computer restarts. I haven't loaded anything new lately, cpu, memory and hard drive come back clean on system check. I've reverted back to last known good. I have windows defender and virus protection. Please help.

A:Windows Vista reboots at startup screen

First you need to boot into Safe Mode.

Start tapping the "F8" key as the system reboots. This should get you to a boot menu where you can select Safe Mode

Next, log on and select "yes" when it asks if you want to continue in safe mode and close the help box that automatically opens.

Click Start>RightClick Computer and select "Properties" or Start>Control Panel>Doubleclick "System"

Select "Advanced System Settings" on the left side

Select Startup and Recovery "Settings" Button

Deselect the "Automatic restart" check box and OK. (This allows you to see the error message that may explain what caused the system to reboot.)

Close everything and restart as you normally would.

Record any error message you see when the system restarts.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/193169-windows-vista-reboots-startup-screen.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey all just made the plunge to Windows Vista Ultimate but I'm having some problems On monday morning I received my E ES CPU from USA put it in straight away and all was fine Win XP SP at the time I then picked up my new GT in the afternoon and in the evening I installed Vista Ultimate At one point late in the installation I got an error message with the options cancel retry ignore where I tried of screen installation Blue Vista reboots after 'retry' to no avail then after ignores the system booted I think this was at the point where Vista goes for it's first boot-up From then on things Blue screen reboots after installation of Vista went fine drivers were installed for the most part I completed some Blue screen reboots after installation of Vista more One driver currently wrong is Blue screen reboots after installation of Vista for the wireless D-Link DWL-G M which doesn't recognize the unit it's an XP driver Now I'm having some symptoms Occasional Blue Screen BSOD - it blinks onto screen then disappears straight away and the pc reboots Too fast for me to be able to get a code from it Occasionally the system seems to 'hang' for a second or or - I then hear some sort of 'click' coming from the pc and then things continue I'm guessing the sound comes from one of the harddisks by the sound of it On startup I get an error message 'Reg MFC Application has stopped working' Problem details show that the Event Name is APPCRASH Application name Reg exe Fault Module Name USP dll Now since I just changed several factors at once it's hard for me to figure out what the problem is here Something wrong with the CPU Something wrong with the GFX Need a stronger PSU Something wrong with Vista drivers Any suggestions welcome Can I test the CPU somehow Current PSU is a FSP Fortron W I have a Gigabyte odin GT W lying which I plan to build in later today My complete system specs are in my profile to the left Might add that I run an external water cooling Aquaduct XT from Aquacomputer

A:Blue screen reboots after installation of Vista

For more time to view a BSOD prior to reboot, disable Automatic Restart by unchecking the so named box in "Startup and Recovery". Also on the same screen, place a check mark next to "Write an event to the system log", if not already checked, to ensure Event Log viewing on the matter.

Start >> Control Panel >> System and Maintenance >> System
>> Advanced systems (left side) >> Advanced (tab)
>> Startup and Recovery

Regards. . .
jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-reboots-after-installation-of-vista-212211.html
Relevancy 43%

As seen here at http forums techguy org windows-vista -vista-ultimate-upgrade-reboots-memory- html with the title quot VISTA Ultimate Upgrade Reboots with Memory Upgrade to GB quot I have the same exact problem I have an nForce chipset motherboard and it can handle GB of RAM GB in each slot I put in GB GB in each slot and it was fine but when I put anything Upgrade Over Memory with 2 Installed VISTA Ultimate Reboots GB over that amount such as MB or MB more then Vista won t boot It just gives me the black screen of death and the next time it just reboots It also won t enter safe mode I have tested my memory with Memtest overnight and it is fine I have no power supply issues No overheating problems All temperatures are fine The only thing I see is that Vista does not VISTA Ultimate Upgrade Reboots with Installed Memory Over 2 GB have the driver for the quot SM Bus Controller quot I don t see how that would affect the RAM issue though as that is only for quot standby quot and quot screensaver quot which I don t use I tried Windows XP and it works just fine with more than GB of RAM but not Vista If I use only GB of RAM then Windows Vista runs just fine I had read that nVidia warned people not to VISTA Ultimate Upgrade Reboots with Installed Memory Over 2 GB use GB of RAM if it is pc DDR and the remedy is to either use VISTA Ultimate Upgrade Reboots with Installed Memory Over 2 GB pc or slower OR lower the speed of the memory to or MHz in the BIOS I always run my memory at the same speed as the FSB of my Duron processor which is MHz MHz to keep the ratio and get better performance as it is recommended not to run RAM asynchronously Anyway Vista won t run with more than GB of RAM on the nVidia nForce motherboard but XP will This must be a problem with Vista I am using Vista Ultimate bit with Service Pack I even tried to install the hotfixes from Microsoft and it says I already have them installed It must have been included with Service Pack I have no idea what to do I really appreciate any advice and help Thank you Regards Paul nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Please help,

I have a HP NC6400 laptop at work,

Everytime you put it into sleep mode it reboots

Ive tried checking the power options as so may sites refer to them but i have no hibernate option

network cable unplugged same thing just reboots after screen going blank and showing some HDD activity

Please help

Relevancy 43%

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 with Windows Vista (sevice pack 2) and my computer has a number of booting problems. When I shut down the computer either manually with the button or with the shut down option in the start menu, the computer boots down, stays off for 5 seconds then retsarts itself. I have not been able to boot down for months. In addition, I've had tons of problems with sleep and hibernate mode - the computer restarts itself or won't go into the modes.

I've played with the power settings many times and looked up many forums advice for these settings. I also have a clean bill of health regarding viruses/spyware for the bleepingcomputer forum for sypware as of this week. Any help would be apperciated.
thanks!
jm

A:Vista Reboots Itself, Sleep/Hibernate don't work (thinkpad)

Is it still under warranty?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311145/vista-reboots-itself-sleephibernate-dont-work-thinkpad/
Relevancy 43%

Hello,my build is
mobo: MSI X58 platinum
cpu: intel i7 core 920 cpu
psu: 850W Chieftec
gpu: EVGA geforce gtx 280
ram: 2x2gb DDR3 Corsair
hdd: WDC Caviar Black 1TB
The problem is that i get random reboots and hangs with windows vista 64bit OS.I have tried with 2-3 different versions of win vista.And recently with Windows 7 RC 64-bit and then 32-bit but the problem persisted..
I visited the local retailer and they told me that it is a software problem since he installed windows xp and had 3d mark running with no error for some hours.
I installed windows xp now too and generally i dont have problems,only got 2 reboots last night but im not sure about the reason.
Anyway any1 has any idea about why i cant have vista installed?;/ i am thinking that it is a hardware problem but i dont know on which part..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-7-random-reboots-but-running-ok-on-winxp-372484.html
Relevancy 43%

Here s the situation I had some malware that royally messed up my computer Malwarebytes amp Friends couldn t fix it properly major problem was the Google Redirect issue So I ran ComboFix When I did a running Combofix Vista Windows continually after reboots dialog box with quot Error quot appeared I Windows Vista continually reboots after running Combofix clicked it away and then Windows Vista restarted After the restart ComboFix automatically ran and did the system check After it was done everything seemed fine Google Redirect issue seemed to be fixed I was happy I then shut my computer down but it took ages - it got stuck at the quot Shutting down quot screen and I decided to just turn the power off which was probably a mistake sorry Now whenever I try to boot Windows it reboots Safe Mode presents the same problem I uploaded the ComboFix log file Also I still have access to the file system since I have Linux running on the same machine Maybe this helps I am thankful for any help Thank Windows Vista continually reboots after running Combofix you

A:Windows Vista continually reboots after running Combofix

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346816/windows-vista-continually-reboots-after-running-combofix/
Relevancy 43%

For 2 years I have managed my wireless Peak router from XP Home. I have just purchased a Tosh sat pro L300-11d, dual core 2Gb mem etc running Vista home premium.

When I try to connect from IE7 under Vista, the router resets and terminates all connections. It does eventually connect to the roter login screen if I leave it long enough.

I was hoping the new machine would replace my XP but it is looking increasingl like XP is staying untill 2014!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/peak-wireless-router-reboots-if-vista-connects-310837.html
Relevancy 42.57%

hi all I have windows vista on an internal drive and ubuntu on my external although they are dependant of each other Unplugging ubuntu makes grub confused and you gives vista reboots and machine hard my randomly drives?! destroys error code and you can t then boot into vista or ubuntu I also have a drive i ve been trying to install leopard on So as follows Computer Samsung X Type laptop Ram GB Of Ram Motherboard -Manufacturer Samsung Electronics my vista machine randomly reboots and destroys hard drives?! -Model SX S Revision MP BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD -Version ZA cpu my vista machine randomly reboots and destroys hard drives?! Intel Pentium M ghz Hard Drive - gb internal running windows vista formatted as ntfs - gb external with nothing on it just remenants of failed mac os X leopard installs formatted as Mac os X extended journeled - gb external running ubuntu formatted as ext My problems -After i had installed ubuntu whenever i booted into vista it told me that windows needs to be activated and i had days to do so It counted down and now it just says hours I ve entered a new product key that MS gave us but i m still getting the hour thing This error may be caused by vista thinking it s an entirely new machine now ubuntu has cropped up -Vista decids to randomly reboot often when i m in the middle of something -Whenever i try to install something on vista i get quot invalid my vista machine randomly reboots and destroys hard drives?! drive D quot - or words to that effect Drive D would be the one ubuntu is on but of course it s formatted as ext so it s not recognised in vista - so not sure why it s been labeled drive D But the main issue is external hdds I downloaded something in ubuntu booted into vista plugged in a drive and it didn t show up It think i may have plugged it in previously to this machine but now it seemed to have completely killed it No computer recognises it This is our main external drive gb backups music Then today i plugged in another drive to transfer some files and it didn t show up in vista quot Driver install failed quot Luckily this one still works with other computers On the bright side when i plug the first one in or unplug it it does still make the familiar noises in vista ba-buh describing noises in words is hard Thanks Nappymonster nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-vista-machine-randomly-reboots-and-destroys-hard-drives.705517/
Relevancy 42.14%

Sunday August IST HindustanTimes com India Story Small town boy reboots Microsoft GC Shekhar Chennai August He d wanted to be the next Dhanraj Pillai but the vista that destiny opened up for A Mahesh led to greener pastures in the world of technology The -year-old from small town Tamil Nadu has created a software that will add considerable muscle to Vista Microsoft s brand new operating system due for launch next year In all probability Vista will incorporate Mahesh s creation which is an image browser image editor web browser system tools and disk manager rolled into one In fact Microsoft has already validated and awarded the product BETA iBRO NET a patent protection certificate This means anyone may make use of Mahesh s product using the validation key but would need to News information Vista Town Windows Small Microsoft Reboots Boy - - pay Microsoft a royalty a part of which would reach this shy Small Town Boy Reboots Microsoft - Windows Vista - News information lad from Palayamkottai in southern Tamil Nadu The first member of his family to reach the post-graduate level Mahesh developed the BETA iBRO NET as the fifth-year project for his integrated M Sc course in computer science He chose Vista s developer platform where individuals are invited to contribute features for Vista quot For sheer conceptualisation and acumen his creation shows enormous scope and maturity It s a full fledged tool that would not only remove deficiencies in Vista but add never-seen features in the OS quot explained Dr Krishnan professor of computer science at Manonmaniam Sundaranar University who helped fine tune Mahesh s creation For example why a computer hangs remains a mystery to most But Mahesh s product can display the reasons It can also optimise the download speed of a broadband connection when needed Unlike other OS it can also display properties of all the drives in the computer simultaneously quot Before Vista is launched I plan to add more features to make my product more comprehensive quot said Mahesh whose father is a retired peon quot Such a product would take a team of at least people in a top IT company months to develop But for a student from a rural background to do all this in just months on his own is amazing quot observed N Chokkan a columnist on computer Mahesh who will soon join IBM at Bangalore is unfazed by the recognition and remains grateful to his parents and R Panneerselvam chairman of his school who waived his fees for the five-year course nbsp

A:Small Town Boy Reboots Microsoft - Windows Vista - News information

Great for him !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/small-town-boy-reboots-microsoft-windows-vista-news-information.489985/
Relevancy 42.14%

Specs Gateway FX S - Tower - x Core Quad Q GHz - RAM GB - HDD x GB - DVD RW R DL DVD-RAM - GF GT - Gigabit Ethernet - Vista Home Premium - bit These are the specs I got of Amazon because I cant even Windows drive, Vista: continually hard corrupted reboots Trojan boot up this computer right now They sound right Last night my Windows Vista: Trojan corrupted hard drive, continually reboots antivirus advira popped up saying I had a Trojan and immediately started a full system scan A few seconds later Windows crashed and when I rebooted I got these Errors Critical Error Damaged hard drive cluster detected Private data is at risk Critical Error RAM memory usage is critically high RAM memory failure Critical Error Hard drive not found The rest of the Error is illegible to me i took a bad picture It looks like Locating hard drive Then I get a pop up from windows saying Windows a hard disk problem It tried to repair it windows later crashed again I tried to get the computer into safe mode by pressing F at the start up but safe mode wouldn t boot up when I clicked it It just booted up in normal mode I went into the boot up menu and did a system restore using a restore point from about days back It worked and I thought everything was fine there were no more error pop ups Then I tried addressing the problem of the virus I ran MSconfig put the computer into safe mode This is where my problem now lies The computer keeps on trying to boot up but returns to the original page just as if I had restarted the computer It stops at the windows loading screen and then the boot process starts all over again Is there a fix for this or am I looking at dropping bucks for windows Will that even help Please get back to me Thanks

A:Windows Vista: Trojan corrupted hard drive, continually reboots

Hi WillN,Welcome to Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal (VTSMR) forum. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (scanning or running other tools, updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might interfere with our fixes. In case of making changes I shall assume my assistance is not needed any more.Please tell me if you can use F8 key to get to Advanced Boot Options.Also tell me if you have a Windows Vista installation DVD.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366684/windows-vista-trojan-corrupted-hard-drive-continually-reboots/
Relevancy 42.14%

hi guys first off all let me start by saying that i did not know how to exactly describe my problem so i just gave it a shot i have a acaer aspire reboots [moved 6920 acer Vista/7] from aspire charge when [SOLVED] on laptop that suddenly started to give problems [SOLVED] acer aspire 6920 reboots when on charge [moved from Vista/7] such freezing and random restarts i tried ti do a system restore but that does not work i have tried a new installation of win - [SOLVED] acer aspire 6920 reboots when on charge [moved from Vista/7] bit but always during the installation the laptop reboots all this time i had the charer plugged in i took out the hard drive and put it in an other laptop to do the fresh install of [SOLVED] acer aspire 6920 reboots when on charge [moved from Vista/7] windows now when i try to start my aspire back up with the freshly installed windows the pc goes into a reboot loop when plugged in charger when the charger is plugged out i can use the laptop normally till the battery is drained as soon as i plug in the charger the laptop reboots again and now for the strange part when i boot in safe mode i can use the charger just fine no reboots now i am very confused if i have not described the problem well pls ask for more info thx in advance Niguel Gunther Cinema Projection amp IT TBL Cinemas

A:[SOLVED] acer aspire 6920 reboots when on charge [moved from Vista/7]

Is the A/C adapter original?

Check MSCONFIG for start-up apps related to Acer Power. Uncheck box if found -
START | type msconfig

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-acer-aspire-6920-reboots-when-on-charge-moved-from-vista-7-a-544089.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,

I just built a computer yesterday using a Coolermaster Haf 912 case, Gigabyte 880GM-D2H motherboard, AMD Phenom II quad core 955, Crucial Ballistix 4 Gb, WD 1 Tb Scorpio blue hard drive, Cool max 700 watt PSU, DVD drive and Windows 7.

It keeps rebooting and or blue screening. I can't even have it on long enough to download updates and try to update drivers before it crashes. I checked the bios temps and they are 34c and 41c. DDR3 memory is running at 1.5v. I tried reinstalling 7 and the same issues.

It will stay on in safe mode and I also got a Ultimate Boot CD 2010 from a friend and it stays on when I ran that. I don't know too much about the disc so I ran a memtest and it passed. I ran a quick test on the WD diagnostic and that was ok.

Thanks for help in advance.
Mogoamerica

Relevancy 41.71%

running a Windows Vista network no problems with wirless computers running Windows XP and no problems printing remotely using the desktop running Vista new Dell laptop is running Vista and trying to add a printer it doesn t see any of the printers At first it didn t show the wired desktop on the laptop under the network On the wired desktop under network It showed the laptop as a music sign and not a computer icon We deleted the workgroup name and retyped it and changed Vista doesn't Vista laptop Dell wired see printers Wireless Desktop it to a private computer have disabled Wireless Dell laptop Vista doesn't see wired Desktop Vista printers both firewalls The laptop is running Trend Internet Securioty It then found the wired desktop on the laptop But it still doesn t see any of the printers that are connected to the wired desktop Tried to find the printers by typing in under the run command It said it couldn t recognize the wired DNS address That is the ipconfig address from cmd and then ipconfig from the wired Dell laptop What do we need to do to have the laptop see the printers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-dell-laptop-vista-doesnt-see-wired-desktop-vista-printers.786803/
Relevancy 41.71%

We got a new Dell machine with the Vista preinstalled. Employee wanted Ubuntu (how do ya blame him?) so he resized partitions and installed Ubuntu, but now Vista won't boot.

What can we do to get Vista to be happy again?

This howto:
http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/about78184.html#dualboot
says:
"DO NOT resize the Vista partition during the installation of the Linux distribution! Due to the change in NTFS versions, no Linux partitioning program, nor standard Windows partitioning programs, can properly alter the partition that Vista is installed to."
But we're too late for that...

A:Dell with Vista, resized NTFS partition for Ubuntu, now cannot boot Vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-with-vista-resized-ntfs-partition-for-ubuntu-now-cannot-boot-vista.551657/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all I recently just reinstalled vista on my pc and I've been getting many errors First and main one is the computer just turns itself on and off again all the time randomly I've changed power chord and power board but have not change the extension chord yet I'll give that a go and notify you of changes Second problem is it freezes alot and requires me to unplug it at the wall its that bad When it freezes the screen turns white and run services terminal problems, not appearing, random errors huge reboots, having Vista debug or says end process Vista having huge problems, random reboots, terminal services not run or appearing, debug errors I click end process but nothing ever happens from that Some errors I get are - Popupsyncid cfp exe-application error- The instruction at x e e x referenced memory at x f the memory could not be read Error - A runtime error has occured do you wish to debug Line Error Object required Also terminal services is not showing up in services and I am unable to install norton because of that reason Also sometimes when I boot the pc up it stays at the blue compaq logo and has white lines running through it requires yet another reboot My pc is a compaq presario desktop Prod number gf aa-abg Compaq pcsr an System - Rating Processor - Amd athlon x dual core processor ghz System type - bit operateing system Memory ram mb windows edition - Windows vista home premium If anyone could help on any of the problems it would be greatly appreciated thankyou

A:Vista having huge problems, random reboots, terminal services not run or appearing, debug errors

sounds like a failing computerthe restarting computer but could be bad hard ware(ram) or a overheating or it can be a damaged systemquote:Some errors I get are -Popupsyncid2: cfp.exe-application error- The instruction at 0x6e6e890x referenced memory at 0x0000005f. the memory could not be read.sounds like memory problemsdownload this program and run it and see if it finds any thinghttp://www.memtest.org/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255477/vista-having-huge-problems-random-reboots-terminal-services-not-run-or-appearing-debug-errors/
Relevancy 41.28%

hello all ive been experiencing this issue for a few days now www facebook com will not load the only way it seems to load is if i clear cache and it is VERY limited almost useless i ve tried everything i could get my hands on i primarily use google chrome but this seems to be the problem on all browsers opera firefox internet explorer safari i wont facebook besides facebook. open every works website ve tried https www facebook com checked host file ran malwarebytes and cleared any malware hijackthis flushed dns reset router etc but nothing seems to every website works besides facebook. facebook wont open be the fix even using a proxy site wont allow me to sign in it gets every website works besides facebook. facebook wont open me to the home page but then cookies gets in the way i m almost certain it s nothing to do with the internet provider or modem router because the internet seems to be running smooth even other computers in the house are not experiencing this problem with facebook or any other site and they are connected to the same router any help will be much appreciated nbsp every website works besides facebook. facebook wont open

A:every website works besides facebook. facebook wont open

im going to install windows 7. this is ridiculous

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/every-website-works-besides-facebook-facebook-wont-open.1004794/
Relevancy 41.28%

As the title says Facebook, and only Facebook, runs very slow or sometimes fail to load. I've tried this on both Chrome and Mozilla and the result are the same.
Tried to scan with NOD32 antivirus + Eset Online Scanner. Right now is at 55% and found 1 threat (Win32/AdkDLLWrapper) unwanted application.
Below are the FRST.txt and Addition.txt from FRST x64.

A:Facebook (and Facebook only) running very slow or fail to load

Hi,

do you run any add or script blockers on in your browsers?

regards
myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585187/facebook-and-facebook-only-running-very-slow-or-fail-to-load/
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm surprised that I am not finding a thread on this issue already.
Evidently something that changed in a recent build has caused both Facebook apps to crash.
When you launch the app it closes just after the window pops up.
It's kind of a bummer because when you get a notification and it opens the app, it just crashes.
The only way to use Facebook at the moment is with the browser.
I hope they get this fixed. Maybe the app needs to be updated now but to have an app quit working with an OS build update is not good.
On the Windows Store the ratings/feedback is flooded with users all experiencing this issue.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/440593-facebook-facebook-beta-both-broken-current-build.html
Relevancy 40.42%

This morning I noticed that the Facebook Share option has gone missing from Edge since upgrading to the new Facebook app. Is it just me? Or perhaps something not quite right with the new Win 10 Facebook app?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edge/422939-has-facebook-share-gone-missing-edge-after-new-facebook-app.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Loaded dell disc with vista and don't like it. How do I
get back to my vaio vista operating system? It's still in
the laptop memory as a file but I can't figure out how to load it, I had back up on my old windows, however the new installation don't find any restore points. can any one help me?

A:dell vista loaded on top of vaio vista

The Dell DVD probably overwrote your VAIO recovery partition. You can try to invoke it - usually with F10 key during boot-up. If not you will need replacement recovery DVDs from Sony. HP charges about USD $25.

http://esupport.sony.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-vista-loaded-on-top-of-vaio-vista-376045.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Here is my original post Hey guys just built myself this new shiny computer with an AMD processor GB ram plenty of storage and a decent graphics card It runs games Photoshop multiple browser sessions all at the same time and I even upgraded to the cable companies fastest internet So why the BLEEP can I NOT get on Facebook Seriously across ALL browsers especially Chrome which I ve uninstalled and reinstalled I get extreme slowdown or loss of connection ONLY with Facebook I ve pinged it and gotten very fast responses Facebook) running or (and only Facebook slow at not all but I cannot do ANYTHING on their servers When I was FIRST downloading software a friend of mine used a program that allows you to install lots of recommended programs at once he downloaded and used a quot torrent downloader quot program and that is the ONLY thing I think could be causing some issue I ve used Ad Aware and tried to fix it gone into incognito mode which helps sometimes and used other browsers but somehow facebook still is slow Can anyone help EDIT another strange issue even though all my settings are correct I have to send email times in Windows Live Mail before the server accepts it I get a LOT of server not responding errors

A:Facebook (and only Facebook) running slow or not at all

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/461586 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461586/facebook-and-only-facebook-running-slow-or-not-at-all/
Relevancy 39.13%

Every account I've read of someone's facebook being hacked has been from someone foolishly clicking a link a fellow victim uncharacteristically 'sent' to them, on facebook.

Is this always the case, or can facebook-hijacking viruses be obtained from elsewhere?

If I regularly use streaming websites or porn or whatever, am I at risk of a virus using a keylogger to hijack my facebook?

thanks

Relevancy 39.13%

Both the above named apps after finally getting the AU will not actually load they both self close before getting off the icon screen I only discovered Facebook Facebook load will not Messenger and this when I went to check a notification from action center instead of loading up the browser Now I was still getting notifications while they would not load but after uninstalling rebooting clearing app caches multiple time they have stopped even doing that which I expected The notifications was the main reason I even had the programs so I could get those notifications when I did not have the site open I have tried every solution google could also give me including clearing out manually some registry entries between an uninstall and reinstall and clearing out all Facebook windows credentials but nothing has made a difference In event viewer each generated errors and between then an information entry the ones for Facebook and Facebook Messenger will not load the main Facebook app first error Faulting application name WinUAPEntry exe version time stamp x db Facebook and Facebook Messenger will not load Faulting module name unknown version time stamp x Exception code xc Fault offset xa b Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x d a ba Faulting application path C Program Files WindowsApps Facebook Facebook x xx rvfyw nnt WinUAPEntry exe Faulting module path unknown Report Id abae -ae - f - b- fea f Faulting package full name Facebook Facebook x xx rvfyw nnt Faulting package-relative application ID App information entry Fault bucket type Event Name MoBEX Response Not available Cab Id Problem signature P Facebook Facebook x xx rvfyw nnt P praid App P P db P StackHash P P P PCH AD FROM osmeta x P c P Attached files C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER Temp WER BD tmp WERInternalMetadata xml These files may be available here C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive AppCrash Facebook Faceboo e d b e fe f d ad e a fcf df a b a b c e bb Analysis symbol Rechecking for solution Report Id abae -ae - f - b- fea f Report Status Hashed bucket f ffdd ce c de second error from same attempt to run Activation of app Facebook Facebook xx rvfyw nnt App failed with error The remote procedure call failed See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI Operational log for additional information same entries for messenger except showing its app package name all other store apps work fine

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/64939-facebook-facebook-messenger-will-not-load.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I just finished my first build yesterday and I can't install Vista premium 64 bit! It either freezes at the "Windows is loading files" screen or it gets past that and reboots? On a few occasions, it gets past this to the Windows Vista loading screen and then freezes there. Can anyone please help me?

My Specs are:
Mobo: Asrock X58 Extreme
CPU: Core i7 920
Memory: OCZ Gold 6gb (3) 2gb sticks
Video Card: Radeon 5870
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB

A:Vista installation reboots after "Windows is loading files..."

Please have a look here http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1035406.htm and herehttp://www.vistax64.com/vista-instal...ing-files.html make sure you try everything that is mentioned as any one of the reasons can cause this issue and therefore should not be overlooked.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-installation-reboots-after-windows-is-loading-files-425161.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a home built ASUS A7N8X2 Deluxe MoBo with an AMD Athlon XP 2800+ CPU. I upgraded Win XP Pro to VISTA Ultimate with no problems other than upgrading a few drivers. It went smoothly. At the time I had 1 GB in one of 3 available slots. I attempted to add 2 GB more to occupy all 3 slots. This produced a reboot after POST as VISTA started. I rotated the the modules through all slots and finally realized that when I went beyond 2 GB it produced a reboot. During post it tests 3 GB and the BIOS displays 3 GB. I have 512MB of RAM on the video card. Any suggestions ?? I am running the latest BIOS and if I remove one GB the machine boots and runs great... ???? Ron

Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Dell Vista machine that I am trying to reload the operating system on to. Currently the PC will not boot. I have the restore disks and want to restore Vista but the PC will not read the DVD drive. How can I get the PC to read the DVD drive?
Thanks for your help.

A:Dell Vista

Hi Tweak2 and Welcome to TSF,

Do you see the "Press any key to boot from CD/DVD..." message during startup or not?
If it's shown but not loaded properly, make sure the disc is fine by trying it in another machine.

If you don't see that message you need to access BIOS to change the Boot Priority, to set the machine to boot from CD/DVD first.

To do so, press "DEL" during startup until you get into BIOS. Look for "Boot priority" / "Boot order" settings, and set CD/DVD as 1st boot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-vista-589565.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi Simono here A friend has allowed me to take there PC on-it Dell, Vista with home with me because they can not start-it anymore This is what I'm seeing After hooking everything up I turned it on The machine powers-up all fans running and sits there There is no sounds of cycling or of any normal sounds you usually hear from a start-up I've worked on this same computer about months ago so Dell, with Vista on-it I remember what it does I restarted is several times to try and catch the screen display for booting in safe mode but there's not even a flicker on the screen it remains solid black Sense the OS is Vista I put in my recovery disk that came with my computer hoping this would trigger a response I tried restarting the pc several time with the disk in but the screen remains black again not even a flicker Is there a way to reset the system besides unplugging it or something else I can try Thanks Simono

A:Dell, with Vista on-it

Hello,

I am not very good at this sort of thing, you need to wait for somebody else, but I can add a few things.

Does it make any funny noises, in particular, anything that could pass for a deliberate bleep?

What is the full model of this PC, laptop or desktop?

Thanks!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/282443-dell-vista.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I just installed a new HP computer with Vista. The computer doesn't seem to recognize the HP720 Ink Jet printer which is attached via a USB port. I downloaded the only driver I could find (xp), but when I try to install the printer, it takes forever. Then when it finally finishes, it can't find the printer. Any suggestions?

A:Vista and a Dell 720 Ink-Jet

I just checked and vista has native drivers for that printer. Are you sure your usb is working ok ie no yellow marks in device manager?

Next as I recall hp printers from that era use either LPT1 or usb. Have you tried connecting via a printer cable?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-and-a-dell-720-ink-jet.576273/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello Tech members
I'm getting a new Dell laptop computer, it'll have Vista home premium installed as standard when it arrives.

I've also got my existing 'full version' WinXP professional, which i'd also like to use on the new laptop also, so......

...whats the best and easiest way to have it dual boot, or, is there software out there which can create the nescessary patition, help to install my XPpro, and then set the computer up to dual boot all automatically.

...or..do i have to do it the long-winded way.i.e split the hardrive (360gig) into two partitions ('C at 240gig and 'E' at 120gig),install XPpro on 'E', and set up a boot menu like in the days when i upgarded a Win 98 computer to Win2000pro.

Whats the easiest?, if anyone knows of a suitable software solution to do the job, it would really help.

kind regards

Relevancy 36.55%

The CNET site, Studio 1535 review shows my Intel T8100 as a 64 bit VISTA OS but is came with VISTA 32. I would like to reformat and load a fresh 64 bit Windows 7. Is this possible, and will 32-bit Vista drivers work with a 64 bit Windows 7 OS?

A:Dell 1535 from 32 bit Vista to 64 bit Win 7

The 1535 should run W7 64-bit fine since Vista 64-bit is an option for that computer. The W7 installation disk should automatically install most of the drivers you need and for those it doesn't have, the Vista 64-bit drivers here Drivers & Downloads
should work (32-bit drivers will not work with your W7 64-bit installation).

Dell is updating a lot of their drivers now that W7 is out and I wouldn't be surprised to see W7 drivers offered for the 1535 in the near future.
Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32524-dell-1535-32-bit-vista-64-bit-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 36.55%

So I have a Dell 1720 and a newly installed 64 bit vista..(Business) My laptop came with 32bit Premium, But since it crashed i figured I would put 64 bit on to get the most out of my 4 gigs of RAM, But I have managed to get all of the drivers working BUT 1 It is the Wireless card It doesn't work.. Does anyone know of a 64 bit Driver for the dell 1720?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-1720-and-64-bit-vista.748664/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello all I just acronis'ed partition resized Vista x from the whole hard drive to gb and to make space for windows installation on the free gb During the resize the laptop went to sleep so I had to reboot --- but after rebooting I could not create a Vista on Laptop Dell partition because it reported as no space available Somehow I got out of that and managed to resize Vista on Dell Laptop again this time successfully so I thought to gb Installed Vista on Dell Laptop Win successfully on the gb partition but now unable to boot back to Vista although the bootup gives both options win and vista Ran EBCD and set up windows boot with vista as second choice Still no luck - Vista will not come up - even in safe mode - it just sits there with a black screen and the arrow cursor Tried the original install disk and did repair several times from the CD on vista partition but still did not start - I then went to command and ran bootrec exe fixmbr etc it said successful but still no luck in vista boot The gb partition seems to be intact there are program files and program files x folders with all the installed stuff on it Anyway I moved all what could be moved into the win partition in preparation for the worst a fresh vista re-install Is this my only solution now Laptop is a Dell and has data backup - laptop still under warranty If I re-install Vista I can re-install all the programs but how can I get back the Dell software for the online backup facilities I notice there is a fat folder which has dell stuff in it but don't know how to recover

A:Vista on Dell Laptop

hello
you can try to factory settings IF the recovery partition is still intact..... then start over if you want.... Laptop Recovery Instructions - Tech Support Forum

PS: did you look in disk management to see if both partitions are marked as active?
I don't know how to get there in win7.

GOOD LUCK !!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/266869-vista-dell-laptop.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 with Windows Vista installed in it. I have had Wireless network in my house for the past year (using Westell Versalink 237W). However, this laptop is unable to detect any wireless connection. I have the modem right next to the computer, and the wireless switch is turned ON, but still no wireless.

The wireless router etc work perfectly. There is no interference from other devices (no microwave, no phone). Is there anyone who has had a similar problem? How do i get my Dell Inspiron with Vista to detect wireless????

I'll appreciate all your suggestions !!!

Relevancy 36.55%

Hello I have a Vista Dell E6400 and I just moved to California. The Ethernet at my house in GA worked fine and then when I tried to connect it to A LAN Ethernet in Florida it says that there is limited or no connectivity. Please help me please.

A:Need help with my Vista dell e6400

Hello Moneymo2013, could you please elaborate some more I would like some more detail? What do you mean when you try to connect to your Ethernet at your house? Do you mean when you try to connect to your router or your cable/DSL mode via the network interface card (NIC)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-my-vista-dell-e6400.941523/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi all,
Someone mentioned that a Dell Vista reinstalltion might not work on a new motherboard, the DVD itself says that its for installation on Dell PCs only but do you think the DVD will actually block the installation if it detects another motherboard? Or do you think that it would just not activate maybe?
If so, im aware that i would have to buy a full version of Windows 7 and the price seems to vary from one seller to another, can anyone recommend the cheapest place to buy it?

Actually to make the matter more complicated here is the scenario , I currently have Vista installed on the Dell machine but i intend to move the hard drive to the new motherboard with Vista on it. Now many people say that Vista should automatically work with the new motherboard if i repair so in which case i wouldnt be doing a completly new install. Any ideas?

Relevancy 36.55%

Using HP SimpleSave, I backed up my files on a Windows XP computer. I'm now looking to restore them on the Dell Vista desk top. For some reason, I don't seem to be able to do that even though the program is downloaded (I think.)

As far as I remember, on the XP all I did was plug it in. Am I wrong? Should I have a disk hiding around someplace, or is it a program I need to download from HP? (I haven't been able to see one on line.)

As it is holding all my files and photos from the old computer, I'm anxious not to lose anything. Are you able to help?

Thanks.

Relevancy 36.55%

hi all not sure if this is the correct forum so please move dell slow vista on if its not i m on a dell inspiron it has become very slow opening pages so i think im using too much memory i have an itunes libary which slow dell on vista i plan to move to a hard drive to free up some space however ive tried cleaning up my files but dont really know how to a pop up box tells me that my E disk in low on memory and to clean it up however when i try this all it opens is my recycle bin which uses bites how do i slow dell on vista find out my memory usage and clean up unused inwanted files also can someone slow dell on vista please intruct me how to install the bluetooth on the laptop thanks for any help here in hjt log if it helps shanmc Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files AVG Secure Search vprot exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil c ActiveX exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Aoife McDonald Desktop HiJackThis exe O - Service AVG WatchDog avgwd - AVG Technologies CZ s r o - C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe O - Service Bonjour Service - Apple Inc - C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe O - Service Dock Login Service DockLoginService - Stardock Corporation - C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe O - Service GoToAssist - Citrix Online a division of Citrix Systems Inc - C Program Files Citrix GoToAssist g aservice exe O - Service Google Update Service gupdate gupdate - Google Inc - C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe O - Service Google Update Service gupdatem gupdatem - Google Inc - C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe O - Service Google Software Updater gusvc - Google - C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe O - Service Intel R Matrix Storage Event Monitor IAANTMON - Unknown owner - C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe file missing O - Service Canon Inkjet Printer Scanner Fax Extended Survey Program IJPLMSVC - Unknown owner - C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE O - Service iPod Service - Apple Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service Audio Service STacSV - IDT Inc - C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf ae b e STacSV exe O - Service vToolbarUpdater - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe O - Service Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service wltrysvc - Unknown owner - C Windows System WLTRYSVC EXE O - Service Marvell Yukon Service yksvc - Unknown owner - RUNDLL EXE file missing -- End of file - bytes nbsp

A:slow dell on vista

I have a dell and mine came with a dell support center theres actually a place in there that will show you exactly how much of what is taking up your disk space like pics videos documents and stuff

just click the tool box and wrench (Dell support center)
click Hard Drive Status
then under additional tools
Drive Space Manager

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-dell-on-vista.1045255/
Relevancy 36.55%

In the last 2 weeks I have installed over 10 Dell laptops with Vista Home basic/Home premium. I have encountered these 2 specific problems on most of them!.

1 - They all had a 60 day trial of Office 2007. Having entered the License Key and registered the product everytime I open an Office application from the Start Menu it trys to reinstall again. If I use the Dell Dock it does not happen.

2 - On most occasions when trying to open the control panel it does not respond forcing Windows Explorer to restart.

I have not had these problems on other makes.

Has anybody else come accross these problems?

A:Dell Laptops and Vista

Does registering the product = Office validation with Microsoft Genuine Advantage?

www.microsoft.com/genuine

Do the events preceding the Windows Explorer restart process include the fading white background, small blue circle spinning and "Not Responding..."? If so look at 3rd party firewall/ a-v products. Usually the firewall is the cause.

All these symptoms - but only on Dell products?

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-laptops-and-vista-407947.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Haya, i put my HD into my bro Vista Dell PC cus my PC flipped n i wanted to use his to scan my HD. The PC said press CTRL+I for Configure or something like that, then something About RADI0 Came up, I, Like an idiot removed RAID0 then created a RAID0 again. Now when the PC boots it say press F1 to retry and F2 to enter setup, and something about cannot find boot device?? What does this mean??

A:RAID0 Vista+Dell

I think you may have to do a repair install using the Vista disk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/raid0-vista-dell-167942.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Got a already pc dell? New vista problems new pc delivered from dell tried to set it up got most of the way then monitor went blank scratched my head for mins cant remember if i switched New pc problems already vista dell? it off with the button or pulled plug rang up dell guy said it was probably me pulling the plug out to early during installation so tried to install again from the partition that has factory reset image this had the same result so now its only an hour old and he talks me through installing the os again with discs provided which in its self is a pain as it writes over the hard disc so i lose the quick recovery function from partition which was one of the features that appealed to me when buying and so we added the drivers etc switched the machine off to reboot and everyting looked at is it was going to work entered my password then the screen went blank the technician had put the phone down seconds earler so he New pc problems already vista dell? doesnt know yet but i will tell hime tomorrow as he said he would ring to check up on it Ive looked on the net and this seems to be a massive problem with people installing vista and there monitors going blank it seems to me as if dell are going to say its my fault for messing up the install but i dont think i have Have i got a leg to stand on it hasnt even been connected to the net yet as we didnt get that far even if its a vista problem i think dell should sort it out as it hadnt even got connected to the net and should be built to function could anyone tell me what i should do im very frustated and didnt expect to waste in the space of a day and feel i shouldnt have to pay for it to be sent to dell to be sorted out and they might not even offer to do that i should add this problem isnt common to dell it seems to effect lots of different computers nbsp

A:New pc problems already vista dell?

Since it is under warranty, I think you should tell Dell that they need to clean up the problem and give you a working computer (even if it means sending out an on-site technician) very soon or you will be returning it and completely cancelling your order.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-problems-already-vista-dell.841837/
Relevancy 36.55%

How do i reboot vista dell laptop?

A:Reboot-Dell with vista

can you explan more - what do you mean by reboot ?
model of the dell would also help

Do you want to recover and set back to factory condition
OR
Restore to a previous date

or if you want to reboot the PC just go to start - and restart

EDIT
I see you explained more in your duplicate thread - closing this one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reboot-dell-with-vista.887515/
Relevancy 36.55%

I am not sure which is causing the problem, Vista or Dell, so will be posting in both places.

I am running my design program and printing books which have lots of text.

When I try to print and tell the printer to "duplex and flip on long edge" the printer prints the book's text with a red blur behind each and every letter.

I have spent half the day screaming at my program, the printer and Vista....lol.

Can anyone help?

Thanks .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-vista-and-or-my-dell-printer.910056/
Relevancy 36.55%

I bought a Dell Desktop last summer (e6600, 2gb ram, 250gb hd) and i am have issues installing xp onto the hardrive. I know how to set the settings so it boots from disk that is not the problem. It goes to the blue screen and loads the necessary files and then says, "Loading Windows" and then a new screen pops up saying my computer has shut down to prevent damage to the computer. This has happened with about 3 different copies of windows XP I own. Please give me some information to fix this issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-xp-on-dell-vista-hd.92772/
Relevancy 36.55%

My son loaded windows vista on my acer laptop via a dell windows cd now i now i cant see any of my network connections i want to factory restore my pc i normaly do so using alt f10 BUT this is not working please help thanks

Relevancy 36.55%

Ok a Vista on Need re-installing help Dell this will be a long post Need help re-installing Vista on a Dell here it goes I had some beast malware on my laptop a Dell Studio XPS M so I went ahead and re-installed the OS However I messed it up So I instert the Dell Windows Vista Ultimate -bit SP disk and the dell symbol comes up and says loading so I press F and the boot menu comes up and I select right from CD DVD Then it says press any key to enter so I do I believe I got it right up till now I then Formated both of the drives C and D when the two options came up I proceeded to click on the one I thought was right and clicked next So it does its stuff and I enter my password etc I notice however when I get to the desktop my D drive has GB and my C has only GB So I re-try installing it and pick the other option I didnt format it this time This worked out a little better the C had GB and the D had the right amount GB or something I noticed that both said Local Disk C however and there was no recovery So I am worried but proceed to try and install the Dell Drives and whatnot but am perplexed because I can't figure out which to install and if I was doing it correctly THEN I restart the comp and I low and behold there are TWO choices both saying Windows Vista One was the OS with the D drive of GB and the other was the more normal one So I go ahead and try to reinstall it again and Format the two drives but being and idiot I picked the D drive as my main slot again so it has GB At this point I want to cry I have only this one installed on my computer at the minute and will wait for advice before I proceed further I know Dell said it would be an dollar charge for them to help me and my Uni's Tech Department said it would be like dollars I refuse to pay that much however and will try to do it myself Could someone give me explicit instructions on how I should reinstall the OS the correct way and on how I should install the Dell Drivers Please dont post that link to the site telling you how to install windows vista -- its so confusing Thanks in advance

A:Need help re-installing Vista on a Dell

hello
don't cry...lol it's only a machine! so you have vista on it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294827/need-help-re-installing-vista-on-a-dell/
Relevancy 36.55%

I got a user that was working with a Dell Latitude D630 running Vista. I know dell and vista is their first problem. The user powered down the laptop and then went to turn it back on and nothing. The laptop acts like its going to power up and i get a black screen and i see the mouse pointer and i can move it but thats all. I booted to safe mode and same thing. Im new to vista so im stuck. Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-dell-latitude-help.626019/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi I don't know what else to do about restoring my dell windows vista inspiron . 531 with the operating system disk. Everything I try doesn't work can I please have some help?

A:Dell Windows Vista

Are you getting an error message?
Is it a factory Dell os DVD disk or are you trying to reinstall from the recovery partition on the hard drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-windows-vista-616187.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello, I've had this problem for a while:
When I click "shut down" my Dell does a shut-down/start-up instead.
I have to tell it (at least )twice to shut down when it finally does after 2nd/3rd attempt.

I have tried a reinstall also
Thanks ahead

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-vista-wont-shut-down-590066.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi to All
I'm trying to solve a problem with my printer and new computer. Yes, I have spent two days with tech-help. No results. I have been able to download and install the software patch I found on the Dell sight. I can not boot up when the printer is plugged in. When I plug it in after booting, the machine does not recognize it as a printer. I does find the driver for the 'unknown device'. Shall I just return my computer? I am about to that stage.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-vs-dell-photo-964-a-143240.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Please help me! I just recently bought a new Dell desktop for our business and would l like to run 2 OS on it. I was able to partition the hard drive but no matter what I do I can't get XP Professional to install on the new partition. Anyone know of any secrets about working around Dell's/"I don't want to run any other OS besides Vista?"

Rencloud9

A:Vista Dell Mayhem

Is there an OS currently installed on the machine? Would that be Vista? Without any other OS installed yet... does the machine boot up well to Vista (assuming it is Vista)?

May be this can help you:
http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_v...step_guide.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-dell-mayhem-350739.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I have a Dell XPS 410. I have never reformatted an OEM-type machine like a Dell before. how does the "restore" partition on the hard drive factor in? Would I be best served to simply wipe the whole drive and go from CD? OR does Dell typically limit one's abilities in this regard? I'm not sure what all was actually included on the disc, and I don't want to have to end up buying a full retail version of Vista if I mess it up somehow.

ps, I have an external hard drive on which I have downloaded the latest Video drivers and such, if this will help me at all....

A:reformatting a Dell Xps with Vista

no this is a new dell laptop and came with windows vista.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/reformatting-a-dell-xps-with-vista-305072.html