Windows Support Forum

Dell + Vista = no WIRELESS

Q: Dell + Vista = no WIRELESS

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 with Windows Vista installed in it. I have had Wireless network in my house for the past year (using Westell Versalink 237W). However, this laptop is unable to detect any wireless connection. I have the modem right next to the computer, and the wireless switch is turned ON, but still no wireless.

The wireless router etc work perfectly. There is no interference from other devices (no microwave, no phone). Is there anyone who has had a similar problem? How do i get my Dell Inspiron with Vista to detect wireless????

I'll appreciate all your suggestions !!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell + Vista = no WIRELESS

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 57.62%

running a Windows Vista network no problems with wirless computers running Windows XP and no problems printing remotely using the desktop running Vista new Dell laptop is running Vista and trying to add a printer it doesn t see any of the printers At first it didn t show the wired desktop on the laptop under the network On the wired desktop under network It showed the laptop as a music sign and not a computer icon We deleted the workgroup name and retyped it and changed Vista doesn't Vista laptop Dell wired see printers Wireless Desktop it to a private computer have disabled Wireless Dell laptop Vista doesn't see wired Desktop Vista printers both firewalls The laptop is running Trend Internet Securioty It then found the wired desktop on the laptop But it still doesn t see any of the printers that are connected to the wired desktop Tried to find the printers by typing in under the run command It said it couldn t recognize the wired DNS address That is the ipconfig address from cmd and then ipconfig from the wired Dell laptop What do we need to do to have the laptop see the printers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-dell-laptop-vista-doesnt-see-wired-desktop-vista-printers.786803/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Dell Inspiron 530S with a built in Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN mini-card. I have a Linksys router (WRT320N). This computer runs VISTA Home Premium (32 bit).

This computer connects to the internet fine as long as it is hardwired to the router. However, it doesn't "see" any networks when I try to get it to connect to the router "wirelessly".

I have 2 other computers running XP that connect to the router fine so I know the router works fine.

The card works fine (I have been on chat with Dell technicians for hours and a technician came to the house this week and verified the card is fine).

It must be a software problem on my VISTA computer but I have no idea what to try next (short of reinstalling the operating system).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:Dell with VISTA doesn't see wireless network

After you installed all the drivers from the install CD for the Dell WLAN Mini-card, did you get any kind of config screen?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/272747-dell-vista-doesnt-see-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 53.75%

We just got a Dell Vostro 1400 with Vista Home Basic. Got this connected to our wireless system and even installed the printer (HP 3845) after some trials. After reading all the issues am able to see the printer and start to print....therein lies the problem. After starting to print pages from the Vostro, about 1/2 way through the document goes into error (the printer, on a wireless-G printserver prints about 1/2 the document and hangs). Not only do I have to reset the printer and printserver to allow the other PC's on the network (XP-based) to print, but I can't purge the document on the Vostro.... Can anyone give me a clue how to get the printer to print the complete documents and not hang? Thanks.

A:Vista+Wireless+Dell+HP printer problem

Since your using wireless connection to your printer...have you check if there are any interference with the connection such mobile phones, microwave, phone..etc. This is some of the things that mcan cause interfere with your wireless connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-wireless-dell-hp-printer-problem.626874/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys, this laptop came with XP but I installed Vista 32BIT and the wireless driver from here:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/1d5c1j1/drivers/advanced?s=bsd

Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN MiniCard, Wireless 1490 Dual-Band WLAN MiniCard, Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card, Wireless 1395 WLAN MiniCard, Dell Wireless 13xx, 14xx, 1505 MiniCard, v.5.100.235.13, A37

Latitude D630
Service Tag: 1D5C1J1 | Express Service Code: 2971802557

Would the Hardware ID work in this case since this is not the original OS for this laptop please?

A:Dell D630 Vista Wireless driver not working

What is the Vendor and Device ID for the adapter in Device Manager?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603658/dell-d630-vista-wireless-driver-not-working/
Relevancy 52.46%

This happen on Jan I was online and the wireless stopped working did not change settings It says it has excellent signal strength and locates the signal from the DLink yet it will not connected with the wireless but does connect with an ethernet wired connection Called Dell to Troubleshooted problem they said it is a known software problem not covered by my warranty cannot afford to pay for fix Have been all over the internet for a known software issue no one seems to be having the exact same issue I have since formatted the computer Dell says the card is fine since it works with the ethernet I have a second Vista working. 1535, stopped Dell wireless 802.11 32bit latop Dell Inspiron and it works just fine so I know it is not the DLink Has anyone else had and fixed this problem From another thread required restart Also reset modem and Dlink Here is a copy paste of an earlier thread Red text that fixed my problem THANK YOU WarriorMP Originally Posted by WarriorMP My appologies I should have updated this thread As it happens I found the solution as to why it wouldn't connect through a router I have this nifty little nVidia quot Network Controller Test Utility quot that I ran at the beginning of all this See this computer was given to me for the very same reason this thread was posted Anyway at first I didn't make the connection but at the bottom of the utility after the test was run there was a note quot Swap cable for known good and check that Auto-Negotiation settings match that of the PC you're connected to quot or some such I took that to mean set to Auto Negotiation which it was Well after a series of Driver Uninstalls and reinstalls I finally got things back to where they belong and was able to run the utility again After reading that same note I went into quot Device Manager quot then quot Network Controller Vista 32bit Dell 1535, 802.11 wireless stopped working. quot quot Properties quot and under the quot Speed amp Duplex quot Setting I changed it from Auto to Mbps Full Duplex Shortly there after the system recognized the router and began setting up the network configuration So Long story shot Problem Solved Thank you though for your Vista 32bit Dell 1535, 802.11 wireless stopped working. input

A:Vista 32bit Dell 1535, 802.11 wireless stopped working.

Originally Posted by LRay53

This happen on Jan 25. I was online, and the wireless stopped working, did not change settings. It says it has excellent signal strength, and locates the signal from the DLink yet it will not connected with the wireless 802.11, but does connect with an ethernet wired connection. Called Dell to Troubleshooted problem, they said it is a known software problem not covered by my warranty, cannot afford to pay for fix. Have been all over the internet, for a known software issue no one seems to be having the exact same issue. I have since formatted the computer. Dell says the card is fine since it works with the ethernet. I have a second latop Dell Inspiron 1545 and it works just fine, so I know it is not the DLink. Has anyone else had, and fixed this problem?

From another thread, required restart. Also reset modem and Dlink. Here is a copy paste of an earlier thread (Red text) that fixed my problem THANK YOU WarriorMP!!!

Originally Posted by WarriorMP

My appologies,

I should have updated this thread. As it happens I found the solution as to why it wouldn't connect through a router.
I have this nifty little nVidia "Network Controller Test Utility" that I ran at the beginning of all this. See, this computer was given to me for the very same reason this thread was posted. Anyway, at first I didn't make the connection but at the bottom of the utility after the test was run there was a note: " Swap cable for known good and check that Auto-Negotiation settings match that of the PC you're connected to..." or some such. I took that to mean set to Auto Negotiation (which it was).

Well, after a series of Driver Uninstalls and reinstalls I finally got things back to where they belong and was able to run the utility again. After reading that same note I went into "Device Manager" then "Network Controller" "Properties" and under the "Speed & Duplex" Setting I changed it from Auto to 100Mbps @ Full Duplex. Shortly there after
the system recognized the router and began setting up the network configuration. So, Long story shot... Problem Solved!

Thank you though for your input.

Your courtesy of reporting back, will save other members time and help those with a similar problem. Thanks for sharing.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/267765-vista-32bit-dell-1535-802-11-wireless-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have 2 Dell notebooks running XP that connect to a Linksys WRT54GP2 wireless router with no problems. The security is set to WPA PSK with the WPA algorithm to TKIP.

I also have a new DELL notebook running on Vista that won't connect wirelessly to the router - it can see it, but when I try to connect, it comes up with an error message '802.11 authentication failed due to status code 13. Resonding station does not fit the specified authentication algorithm'

I tried connecting the DELL Vista notebook to the router via a cable - it works fine.

I also tried disabling security so there was none, and it also worked fine. So the problem seems to be with the security algorithm.

I have searched on the net and a lot of people seem to be having problems with the DELL-VISTA-Linksys combination, but i haven't found any answers.

Can you help??

A:DELL with VISTA OS Problem Connecting to LINKSYS Wireless Router

First off, make sure that 802.1x authentication is disabled on the wireless adapter. If so, try the following changes.
Changes that may help to increase the compatibility of Vista with older networking devices:

Disable the IP Helper service:

1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Scroll down to the IP Helper service, right click on it and select Properties
3. In the dropdown box that says "Automatic" or "Manual", set it to Disabled and then click on "Apply"
4. Then click on "Stop" to stop the service from running in the current session
5. Click OK to exit the dialog

Disable IPv6:

1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "ncpa.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Right click on each network connection and select "Properties"
3. Remove the checkmark from the box next to "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
4. Click OK to exit the dialog

NOTE: You should do this for each network connection.

Disable the DHCP Broadcast Flag:

Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928233

Hold the Windows key and type R, enter regedit and press Enter.
Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}
In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey to be updated.
If the key DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag does not exist, use the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value. In the New Value #1 box, type DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then press ENTER. If the key exists, skip this step.
Right-click DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
Close Registry Editor.
NOTE: You should do this for each and every GUID subkey.
NOTE2: (GUID) is a mnemonic for the individual subkeys, the actual text "GUID" does not appaer.

The only program I'm aware of that currently relies on IPv6 is the new Windows Meeting Space. The first 2 changes will cause that program not to work - but will leave all of your normal (IPv4) connections unaffected. If it causes problems that you can't overcome, simply revert back to the original settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-with-vista-os-problem-connecting-to-linksys-wireless-router.817461/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm still trying to fix my sister's laptop more out of sheer determination at this point I gave up on trying to fix the black screen problem and on trying to get to her files and did a full Factory Restore Vista booted up perfectly after that and then I tred to get online Here's what I know The wireless adapter is enabled when I press quot F quot a little laptop network recognize w/ Vista wireless Dell doesn't icon pops up with an antenna with waves coming off of it so I know it's on When I run the connection utility it says quot Windows cannot find any networks quot but my network is fully operational and I am connected to it on my computer laptop cell phone playstation and tivo so I know the signal is working I ran a diagnostic on the adapter and it passed everything so from that I can see that the computer recognizes it and it is functioning I also tried to update the driver but still had no luck Any other ideas I'm still floating with the idea of wiping vista and using my OEM CD to install XP but Dell laptop w/ Vista doesn't recognize wireless network I want to make sure the thing Dell laptop w/ Vista doesn't recognize wireless network is functioning properly first Any suggestions are appreciated

A:Dell laptop w/ Vista doesn't recognize wireless network

Hi liguy,

OK, on the laptop:

1. In Network and Sharing Center, is Network Discovery turned on?

2. In Manage Network Connections, are there any other connections shown besides your wireless? Any with a red X; if so, disable it.

3. If the above is all OK, open a command window (Start, Run, type Cmd in Open: Box and click OK). In the command window type ipconfig /all (space between g and /, no space after /), right click on window, click on select all, right click on window icon at top left, select edit > copy, and paste result in your reply.

Please let us know one way or another.

Ed

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/275223-dell-laptop-w-vista-doesnt-recognize-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,
I have a work laptop, dell insperion 1525 that i just recieved to use @ home but it seems to be having wireless internet problems.
Laptop has Vista.
Plugged in to LAN evrything is ok.
It can see my wireless networks, I have 2 broadcast, one for N one for G. Laptop sees the G in very high bars, but rarely sees N network.
The laptop has a N card. I have attempted to join both networks and computer says unable to join. I have went in to network and sharing center and manually added the G network settings. at one point i was able to connect but upon trying again will not connect to either. I re-installed the dell wireless card, powered the card on and off and also reset the computer. None of these items have resolved isuue. any help is appreciated
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239613/dell-insperion-1525-wireless-network-problems-vista/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey Everybody,

I just got my new Dell Inspiron 1721 with Windows Vista and a Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card.

The Problem: I can not connect with the Internet via WLA.

I have no problems connecting with the cable. I have tried to connect via WLAN at various locations where I know the notebooks of my fiends and colleges have absolutely no problem.

The Software "Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility" finds all the networks in the "air" but Windows does not and I can not connect to any of them.

I would be VERY VERY happy if anybody knows a solution to this problems!

Thanks in advance!

lorrius

Relevancy 52.46%

I have just re-formatted my laptop again after getting a virus and the laptop isn't picking up the driver for the bluetooth module 2.0.

I have the driver on the installation disk and have also tried installing it from downloads aswell, but when you start the installation up it just "hangs" there with the msg saying "Activate Bluetooth using Fn+F2 or Radio ON/OFF Switch" and has the cancel installation option there. It doesn't do anything! I've also tried to do a Google, but haven't been able to find sufficient information on this. If anyone knows any more about this problem then let me know

Thanks in advance,
Stan =)

A:Dell Wireless Bluetooth Module 355 (2.0 + EDR) installation problem on Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-bluetooth-module-355-2-0-edr-installation-problem-on-vista.763174/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone!
So yesterday, my laptop simply decided to stop connecting to my wireless network. I'm at a loss as to why and what to do. All other devices in my house are getting a perfect signal from the network but my computer either can't find it, or only has 1 green bar and says it cannot connect. I've tried a system restore, I've tried to troubleshoot on my computer and can't figure it out. The weird thing is it is picking up other wireless signals fine (like my neighbors, ect) but just not my home one. Again, it was working one minute, then simply stopped working and hasn't been able to connect at all.
Help!

Josh

A:Solved: My Dell Inpiron (Vista) suddenly can't connect to my wireless network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-dell-inpiron-vista-suddenly-cant-connect-to-my-wireless-network.993022/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey all,

Windows Vista shutting, forcing an update on me and I had to turn off computer at that moment so I manually shut it down. Launched it again and Vista was unable to boot, so I put in installation CD and did a repair. Then Vista installed but it now lacked the drivers needed for network adapter.

I installed the Realtek RTL8168/8111 but still I cannot connect to internet with wireless. Under other devices the following have explamation points:
Mass Storage Controller
Network Contorller
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller

The computer is a vostro 1520 dell laptop. All hardware on it is the defaults that came with computer.

Thanks for response.

A:[SOLVED] vostro 1520 dell laptop no wireless connection on vista

There should be a service tag located on the laptop's bottom. Surf over to Dell's support site (Dell - Drivers and Downloads) and input the service tag. You should be able to download the drivers you are missing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vostro-1520-dell-laptop-no-wireless-connection-on-vista-554070.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Dear Tech Guys I m admittedly not great with computers but I m trying to learn so here we go I m having trouble connecting to the wireless network in my new home using Windows Vista on a Dell Vostro Confounding factors My roommates are connecting without any problems The computer will connect occasionally but just as frequently disconnects so I m using internet through the wireless in frustrating minute intervals and I never know when it will decide to shut off or on again It is incredibly spotty My boyfriend tried to fix it a few days ago and I m not sure what he did or if it affected anything but for the past few days the wireless hasn t connected at all even for a few minutes like it was before The network sharing center shows me as being connected and getting great signal Vista Windows 1400 on Wireless vostro Dell connectivity problems: a but it Wireless connectivity problems: Windows Vista on a Dell vostro 1400 s clearly not I tried all of the options it has given me---resetting network adapters restarting the computer on multiple occasions but it still gives the same feedback that quot there is still a problem quot basically I tried walking through some of this http forums techguy org networking -solved-stuck-acquiring-network-address html and from what I can tell everything LOOKS fine In the past I have connected to other wireless networks without issue though things on my computer may have changed since then but I doubt it I m not sure what to do I have scoured the internet but to no avail Can anyone help me I d really appreciate it Thanks Sarah nbsp

A:Wireless connectivity problems: Windows Vista on a Dell vostro 1400

We need to have information please.

- Make and Exact model of Router, Modem or router/modem combination
- can you connect using a cable rather than wireless to the router - just to see if that works OK
- The other machines working without any issues - correct
- Do you have a Firewall - if so it may be blocking access - what firewall / security program do you have ?
- If using wireless, do you have Encryption - if so, Remove any wireless encryption from the router, and try to connect - post back results
- Most laptops have a wireless switch - some a physical switch other use a combination of the FN key + one of the F key to toggle on/off - make sure this is on

Please post back the results from below - you may need to copy into notepad and save on your PC and then copy to a working PC to post here

{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
{Ping Tests}

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.191.93.53
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
Download and install
http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php

Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Wireless Profiles
- Vista:
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=214
- delete the wireless profiles
Start
control Panel
classic view
network and sharing center
manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to
--

Wireless Profiles
- XP
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=186
- delete the pr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connectivity-problems-windows-vista-on-a-dell-vostro-1400.909066/
Relevancy 46.01%

My home desktop is connected to a wireless router through AT&T U-verse and it's broadcasting just fine. I can see the name and everything when I try and connect on my laptop but there is always an error that brings me to a troubleshooting screen. I've made sure the password is correct by going to Start-Run, IPCONFIG and then typing my IP address into the address bar in my browser. I dont know what else I can do, I feel like I've tried everything! Help please.

A:Laptop (Win7 Dell Inspiron 1525) won't connect to desktop (XP Dell) wireless router

Sometimes, you need to replace the router.
Sometimes, you can call your service provider and ask them to take a look on line to see if the subscription needs to be refreshed.
But often, all that is needed (despite the fact that it is a lot of work) is to uninstall your existing system, then reboot, and reinstall everything.
You might also find success by looking at your device manager in Windows to see if you have any grey, red, or yellow flags by any related device. That may show you have a permanent hardware failure if you cannot restore it, then you are off to the store or your provider for a new cable modem or router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-win7-dell-inspiron-1525-wont-connect-to-desktop-xp-dell-wireless-router.149377/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello everyone I have a very pressing problem I had Vista running on my Inspiron Laptop I recently upgraded to Windows ever since then I have had terrible trouble with my Wireless Card The driver for the card often comes up as not being able to start I often get Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card can not start Code I have read that this was a problem when reinstalling a OS or installing a new one with this card I believe I may need a driver with Inspiron Problem Mini-Card 1520 WLAN Dell Dell Wireless 1390 for the chip set or something similar I also understand that I may have to swap back to Vista though I really do hope I don't I do believe that a recent update from Dell has made this problem chronic as I did not have this problem when I immediately got the laptop back I really am hoping that I can get some help here as Dell is Dell 1520 Inspiron Problem with Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card not bothered to help as Dell 1520 Inspiron Problem with Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card I am out of warranty and they don't seem to care about this older model laptop Thanks again for all your help Conor Ireland

A:Dell 1520 Inspiron Problem with Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card

Welcome to SF, Conor. Dia dhuit.

Dell does not have a Windows 7 driver for your card. You can try installing the driver in compatibility mode.

HOW TO: Install a Hardware Device Driver using Compatibility Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/117583-dell-1520-inspiron-problem-dell-wireless-1390-wlan-mini-card.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey all nbsp I ve got a Dell Latitude E where the driver installer for the Dell Wireless wireless card fails nbsp I m running Windows -bit the computer boots in UEFI mode and I ve installed all of the drivers according to the Latitude E-Family Re-Image Guide I ve got a log as well it says this nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp fails on on mode) Dell Windows E6320 installation 1530 7 driver Latitude Wireless (UEFI 64-bit Dell nbsp Original command line E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp s nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) Value x FFFFF nbsp Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe s v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Execution terminated at date-time nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp nbsp Original command line quot C Users Administrator Desktop Drivers - Dell Latitude E E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE quot nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command attended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991738
Relevancy 45.58%

So basically - as the subject says - 
Having a brand new Dell XPS 15 9550
with most recent Dell Wireless 1830 802.11ac drivers
cmd command "netsh wlan show drivers"
shows that current driver does not support hosted network,
meaning, that i am unable, for example, to share my ethernet internet connection Over wifi to other devices - i am unable to make my laptop a hotspot.
Which is ridiculous in 2016 and for a laptop of this level and is basically a prerequisite to be Windows 10 approved.
So my question is DELL, what the ***? When do we get normal drivers?
Anybody has the same issue - knows the workaround? Thanks.
I could not have expected that 2000$ laptop would not be able to do that. this is soul crushing.

A:Dell XPS 15 9550 - Dell Wireless 1830 802.11ac - Hosted network supported : No - cannot share Ethernet connection over WiFi

same here. :( XPS 13 9350..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19674915
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello!

I've got Vista Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron 1520.

Every now and then I get this strange message after turning my laptop on:

HTML Code:
Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bcmwltry.exe
Application Version: 4.102.15.61
Application Timestamp: 45f8a9d0
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c015000f
Exception Offset: 000761b7
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1060
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=...
The odd thing is that my internet is still working well.
What do you think is wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards

A:Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

follow the instructions on this Dell support page:

bcmwltry.exe error, pls help - DELL COMMUNITY

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214091-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My dad just bought a new wireless router and out of our computers mine is having a problem My computer is a Dell Vostro with a Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card I am able to connect to the connection but not stay online I am not sure in what intervals I am being disconnected but it is super frustrating haha It seems my 1390 Issues Wireless Mini-Card- Wireless Connection WLAN Dell connection status is stuck on Authenticating I hope someone can help me I am quite unfamiliar with troubleshooting networking outside of Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues the simplest tasks Thank you in advance for any help Also I read an old post about someone else with a very similar problem and someone had said quot Start Run CMD OK to open a command prompt Type the following command IPCONFIG ALLRight click in the command window and choose Select All then hit Enter Paste the results in a message here quot So trying to maybe help find a solution sooner here are my results Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Sherry Berry gt ipconfig Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sherry Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd nj comcast net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd nj comcast net Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - D- -B - C- C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday January PM Lease Expires Tuesday January PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - D- -A - -B C Documents and Settings Sherry Berry gt nbsp

A:Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card- Wireless Connection Issues

Hi:Is this ipconfig /all at failure time ?
Try two things.
Go to the router makers site and download any more current firmware for your model.
Change the wireless channel being used.1/6/11 are US preferred.
Also:
1. Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.from your pc maker’s web site

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-1390-wlan-mini-card-wireless-connection-issues.895391/
Relevancy 44.72%

My Dell Printer AIO 968w suddenly stopped picking up my wireless network. Tried rebooting with no joy. Could someone please help?

A:Dell wireless AIO 968w printer non recognition of wireless network

Can you detect your wireless network with another device?

Does the printer detect any other networks?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-aio-968w-printer-non-recognition-of-wireless-network.936344/
Relevancy 44.72%

My google searches are being redirect to various sites and i receive a error message saying "dell wireless wlan card has stopped working" but im still using my wireless internet just fine. They both started acting up after an ill advised download from a bit torrent site. I scanned my computer with malwarebytes and it found some infections but did not do anything for me, then i scanned with avg anti-virus and it found nothing. (malwarebytes and avg anti-virus are the only anti virus software i have and are both fully updated)

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Windows Vista Basic
AMD Athlon 64 x2

Whenever im redirected i get 1 of 2 images in the address bar (see attachment)

A:Google redirects + Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller stopped working and was closed

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283792/google-redirects-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-stopped-working-and-was-closed/
Relevancy 44.29%

The short version of my non-Dell Vista Solved: of Dell-provided computer? install version I on Can a a OEM question is exactly what Solved: Can I install a Dell-provided OEM version of Vista on a non-Dell computer? the topic says-- Can I install a Dell-provided OEM version of Vista on a non-Dell computer But here s the wordier version giving context if anyone s interested About months ago I guess I got a Dell Vostro that came with Windows Vista Home Basic However I had no interest in Vista because I already had a Windows machine and the very first thing I did was install Ubuntu on it I still have the Vista reinstall disk though which Solved: Can I install a Dell-provided OEM version of Vista on a non-Dell computer? to my memory hasn t been used Now I m planning on getting a barebones system and upgrading what I see fit For the time being I m going to use the Windows RC but I d like to get the uber-great upgrade deal that they re having to pre-order either the Business or Home Premium version upgrade So to do that I d need an XP installation or a Vista installation Is there any reason legal or software-related that I wouldn t be able to install Vista using that disk that came with the Vostro I heard somewhere that sometimes if you try it ll say something like quot This is not a Dell computer you evil evil person quot and refuse to install so I wanted to make sure before I pre-ordered the upgrade I don t want to get the upgrade and have nothing to upgrade of course nbsp

A:Solved: Can I install a Dell-provided OEM version of Vista on a non-Dell computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-i-install-a-dell-provided-oem-version-of-vista-on-a-non-dell-computer.838790/
Relevancy 41.71%

We got a new Dell machine with the Vista preinstalled. Employee wanted Ubuntu (how do ya blame him?) so he resized partitions and installed Ubuntu, but now Vista won't boot.

What can we do to get Vista to be happy again?

This howto:
http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/about78184.html#dualboot
says:
"DO NOT resize the Vista partition during the installation of the Linux distribution! Due to the change in NTFS versions, no Linux partitioning program, nor standard Windows partitioning programs, can properly alter the partition that Vista is installed to."
But we're too late for that...

A:Dell with Vista, resized NTFS partition for Ubuntu, now cannot boot Vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-with-vista-resized-ntfs-partition-for-ubuntu-now-cannot-boot-vista.551657/
Relevancy 41.28%

I set up everything and if I have it wired it works fine but wireless it says can't find page when you try to get on the internet. I have set up networks before and never had a problem. first time I have used a Belkin router G+ I guess one of my question is this. I was reading on the Belkin site that it is already set for dynamic and that is for a cable modem and sounds like I should change it to pppoe for a DSL modem. would that make the difference. It is a brand new laptop and the wireless card is on and it sees the network and works when wired, it says it is connected wirelessly but wont get on the internet when not wired. Would the pppoe thing make a differnce? Please give me some help here. Thanks

Relevancy 40.42%

Loaded dell disc with vista and don't like it. How do I
get back to my vaio vista operating system? It's still in
the laptop memory as a file but I can't figure out how to load it, I had back up on my old windows, however the new installation don't find any restore points. can any one help me?

A:dell vista loaded on top of vaio vista

The Dell DVD probably overwrote your VAIO recovery partition. You can try to invoke it - usually with F10 key during boot-up. If not you will need replacement recovery DVDs from Sony. HP charges about USD $25.

http://esupport.sony.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-vista-loaded-on-top-of-vaio-vista-376045.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I am attempting to connect my Vista Basic Desktop to my Vista Home Premium Laptop via my Linksys WRT G wireless router I currently have all firewalls disabled and have my Premium Vista Desktop Laptop to Basic router Connecting via Vista wireless desktop connected to the router via ethernet cable and the laptop connected wirelessly My desktop and laptop are both recognizing eachother but when I attempt to connect to one another I am Connecting Vista Basic Desktop to Vista Premium Laptop via wireless router getting errors or password requests I will break down the issues from each computer Desktop When I open the network I see my Laptop when I double click to open the sharing folders I am prompted for a username and password I entered my WPA username and password and was given an error that information was incorrect I tried many variations of this and came up with the same error Laptop When I attempt to connect to the Desktop via the Laptop it attempts and gives me a error stating to DESKTOP could not be connected please check spelling I am at a loss for words I have search Connecting Vista Basic Desktop to Vista Premium Laptop via wireless router high and low for a solution and am now posting here in a last attempt to determine my Connecting Vista Basic Desktop to Vista Premium Laptop via wireless router problem PLEASE HELP Urban

A:Connecting Vista Basic Desktop to Vista Premium Laptop via wireless router

Urban,

I'm having the same problems. And I can't this crap to
work either. I'm about ready to call a geek ! Or just
forget about it.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/191768-connecting-vista-basic-desktop-vista-premium-laptop-via-wireless-router.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey I ve been working on this problem for a little bit so I hope I can find some help here My internet is Desktop Wireless Wireless XP vs. Vista Laptop pay by the month wireless Use the name and password XP Desktop Wireless vs. Vista Laptop Wireless they give to log in threw a browser to get internet I m not sure this matters since XP Desktop Wireless vs. Vista Laptop Wireless my issue is with wireless connectivity but I figured I d through it out there I have two computers One is a self built desktop XP Desktop Wireless vs. Vista Laptop Wireless running XP Pro and using a WMP N wireless card The other is a Dell XPS M running Vista Business using a Intel Pro Wireless ABG Let me know if more system specs are needed The wireless connection that is offered isn t the best out there Signal strength usually isn t too high and every now and then its non-existent The thing is many times when its non-existent on my desktop its there on my laptop Or my desktop will drop connection every now and then or like its doing today it will loose and quickly re-establish connection about every to minutes But again my laptop has no issues And my laptop works no matter where it is and its usually right next to my desktop My best guess is it s either something with the wireless cards or the operating system cause I can t see anything else really effecting it The one thing I do notice is that when I look at my wireless connection on Vista is it will show multiple connections While XP just shows quot Network Name quot Vista will show quot Network Name quot quot Network Name quot quot Network Name quot and quot Network Name quot for example But again I m just guessing Any help would be great let me know if any more information would be usefull nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,

I'm having an issue, trying to setup a home network, my main pc is directly connected to the internet via ethernet cable, I am trying to get my laptop to connect to my main pc, so it can share files etc, I have got it to the point where it can 'see' my mainpc, but it is saying the network path is not found. From my Main pc, I can see my laptop, and can access the files on it, why can I not do this, the other way round.

Really would appreciate your help.
Thanks
Lynda

A:Networking Vista wireless laptop to vista main pc

Can you ping the "main pc" by IP address? By name? If yes to both questions what happen when you type into the Run box

\\IPof_mainpc

where "IPof_mainpc" is the IP address of the "main pc"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-vista-wireless-laptop-to-vista-main-pc.703791/
Relevancy 39.56%

Ive just installed Windows Vista on my girlfriends Dell Inspiron and the wireless wont work it says it cant find any networks in work? (Vista doesnt Vista + Wireless crap is like) range even though its broadcast I managed to get it on by inserting the LAN fiddling about in Network Connections been on for hours now then the st time I removed the LAN the wireless connection failed then the nd time i removed it it worked great but as soon as i plugged that LAN cable into the nd laptop where the LAN is normally the wireless on laptop reported limited or no connection and wouldnt work Now I cant get the wireless working even if I broadcast it with no security OR insert the LAN and mess around It now reports no wireless in range tho im right next to it meters away and the wireless card is installed and enabled Does anyone know what this is its a Dell Internal WiFi running on VISTAs own software drivers for it downloaded dell vista drivers but had to restore vista after installing as it was constantly reading the hard-drive All i ever read about is people wishing that VISTA never came on there new PC cos it just wont work right with anything UPDATE have got it working again this time i just left it and it eventually connected I have removed the LAN and Vista + Wireless doesnt work? (Vista is crap like) its still on Iam now going to restart the laptop without turning on laptop no to see if still works if it does great but ive a feeling that it will go off when i turn on no with LAN in Any help any cheers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-wireless-doesnt-work-vista-is-crap-like.587307/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello, I'm using a Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card and it keeps on saying "Acquiring network address"
I used an wired cord now and it works perfectly.

Just wondering how to fix this wireless connection.

Relevancy 38.7%

I just purchased a dell with a wireless keyboard. It has quick keys and a dial to operate the audio. I would like to adjust the keys to operate winamp. As of now, i haven't been able to get any of the keys to run anything but the dial does adjust the volume. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
dirtyknight71

A:Dell wireless keyboard

The dial only controls the master volume.

install logitech wireless keyboard software...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-keyboard.158252/
Relevancy 38.7%

Alright hopefully you can help The Dell XP Wireless Nightmare other Dell XP Wireless Nightmare night I came here explaining that I thought I needed new or updated drivers for my laptop not even a day later the hard drive died I had one sent out immediately from Dell overnighted because I m in my finals week of college yet upon installing it it showed the same error message quot No bootable devices found quot Dell didn t want to help me with this without charging me some more since my laptop is out of warranty so I told them to refund my money and set up a date for return phone calls with them yesterday and my laptop still isn t running right I figured out that I needed to reinstall Windows XP and that worked and it found the new hard drive The computer turns on all is good but I have an Intel Proset Wireless Card in this computer or that is what it was ordered with years ago and for some reason I was having problems installing the drivers from my disc that came with the laptop Some of them didn t want to install So on one of the phone calls a guy literally sent me an email of the Video Driver for graphics and the Wireless Driver for the Intel Card The Video driver worked the Wireless still didn t work Stating this when you try to enable the Intel Proset quot no supported wireless adapters available in the system quot The wireless driver also wouldn t install because it said I needed Windows Installer or greater so I went and tried to get a version burned it to a RW DVD and then tried installing the installer still didn t work All it was since XP isn t supported anymore was a bare hard drive with no drivers or anything that my original laptop came with What do I need to do The last person I talked to at this morning said I need to uninstall XP and install Vista and then all my drivers will be compatibile That doesn t make too much sense to me Not only that but I don t even have Microsoft s Windows Wireless adapter so I can t turn on the Wireless Any help is much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

My laptop which is months (Dell) Connection Wireless No old DELL was working fine yesterday No Wireless Connection (Dell) Today I have no wireless connection I spent minutes on the phone with my provider and everything is ok on their end I might add that I have a desktop within inches of the router ALso have another laptop in the kitchen my wife uses This lap and the desktop worked fine I then spent minutes getting bounced around at Dell whew They determined that my internal wireless card was ok since I had a green quot WIFI quot lite glowing on my keepboard They then proceeded to spend an enourmous amount of time trying to sell me a software support contract for so that they could diagnose over the phone I am really stressing our over this Too old for this s--- Does anyone know why my new less than one year laptop would suddenly not recognize my internet server I ran the repair function and nothing happened What can they do over the phone for that I couldn t do with some help from the nice folks at Tech SUpport Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Is there anyone able to point me in the right direction on setting up my laptops with my wireless printer. Dell wants to charge 129 bucks for them to guide me through. It's amazing, You buy everything from them, then they want to charge you again to set it up. So I have the printer working with my desktop, I want to connect it to my laptop, its a dell insirion 9300. My desktop is a inspiron 531S. My wireless adapter is a 3300 wireless adapter, to made by Dell. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Joe Sterle
PA

A:Dell AIO 968 Wireless Printer

You buy everything from them, then they want to charge you again to set it up.Click to expand...

Sorry to say but this is any PC company they really only support individual components and they won't walk you through setup things unless its part of a problem.
When you say you have the printer working with you desktop do you mean its already working wirelessly or do you just have it hooked up with a USB connection?

If its USB you have to do all the wrieless components if its already functioning wirelessly then you don't have much you have to do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-aio-968-wireless-printer.802732/
Relevancy 38.7%

hi , 
i have dell 5110 
what wireless card sport my laptop?
tnx

A:dell n5110 wireless

The default one is the DW1502, unless you upgraded to an Intel card when you purchased the system.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996711
Relevancy 38.7%

Thinking of purchasing a Dell laptop but when I discovered it had Dell 1704 card it made me think again.From browsing the web it appears that a great many who have this card in their laptop can have a few problems,true or false?.

A:Dell Wireless Card

Guessing no replies because....

If you have done the research, you already know the answer.

If it's a wireless card in a slot, it's replaceable, I wouldn't worry all that much about it, new drivers or firmware has surely come out since it became available.

[Card approved by Dell in July 2012]

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/295530-dell-wireless-card.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Is the Dell wireless card Intel Wireless N 2230 compatible to work with a printer that will only recognise up to G but will not accept N ?.

A:Dell Wireless Card

Quote: Originally Posted by denwilliam

Is the Dell wireless card Intel Wireless N 2230 compatible to work with a printer that will only recognise up to G but will not accept N ?.

Hi denwilliam,

Intel Wireless N 2230 supports b/g/n at 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz as well. It should be able to connect to the printer as well which works on G mode.

If it is a Dell Printer once it is connect to the Network(Router) all the devices connected to the router should be able to access the printer.

Please check the specifications of the printer at the below link:

http://www.intel.in/content/dam/www/...2230-brief.pdf

Hope it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/297178-dell-wireless-card.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I was useing my 630 laptop when it suddendly stopped seeing the wireless conection. I have another laptop(Toshiba) that works perfect with the same wireless. I am useing windows 7 and have tried reset in the explorer tools andhave flushed the dns server. please help thanks

A:Dell 630 wireless problems

Are there any alerts against the Network Adapters in Device Manager and could you read through these Network pre-posting requirements Pre-posting Requirements - for both Wired and Wireless Connectivity Issues

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-630-wireless-problems-670861.html
Relevancy 38.7%

OK. So my new Vostro 1500 Laptop Dell came today.
How do I go on the internet?
I have a Dell 1390 802 11g Mini Card
Do I need to buy an ISP?

Relevancy 38.7%

I've got a dell inspiron 531s that came with a wireless card that I can't figure out what it is. I down?graded from vista to xp and found drivers for everything but the wireless. I tried dells website and both the wireless drivers on there don't install the wireless card. I tried contacting their support and it says my support is expired. On the invoice it says the wireless card is a "internal pci 802.11g wireless network card, half height" any help would be nice thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-card.801766/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a latitude D and i am experiening drop outs with my wireless connection Whenever i am connecting to my home network my connection will randomly just drop out and not reconnect I have tried connecting to the same network with other computers one an older dell which dropped the connection then quickly picked it back wireless problems dell up The third computer a inspiron would keep a signal but the strength would drop very low sometimes I also find that dell wireless problems after a while of not using my inspiron it would disconnect from my home network and not allow me to reconnect unless i unplugged the power to the router for seconds then plugged it back in I believe it may be a router problem but i am not quite sure so i would like to get some input from you guys Here are dell wireless problems the machines on my network Dell latitude D w intel wireless Dell Inspiron w intel wireless D-Link wireless G router w wep encryption enabled thanks Joe nbsp

A:dell wireless problems

A couple of things I'd check first are:

1.) Router configuration-lease time on the DHCP, short lease times might cause this.
2.) Idle time before disconnecting from ISP. Set this to never.

I would also check to see if there is a firmware update for your router.

Perhaps a reset to factory setting and start from scratch.

Just some of the things that I would check for and try if the problem continued.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-problems.437047/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi I just bought a dell wireless printer A with the Dell printer wireless Dell wireless Dell wireless printer adaptor and I am trying to install it I have follow all the instructions but when I am installing the CD for the wireless adaptor that comes with it to finish the installation I am having a problem where it Dell wireless printer tells me that the wizard was not able to communicate with the wireless printer adaptor and to disconnect the USB cable from the computer and the printer adaptor and then reattached which I have done but still it does not work I have try this various times and still not working I don t know what I am doing wrong here everything looks properly connected and the power is on because the lights are on don t know what to do please help me with this problem so my wireless printer adaptor works Thank you and hope to hear a response as soon as possible regarding this matter Sincerely Hilda nbsp

A:Dell wireless printer

Did you manage to get the system working, as I am having exactly the same problem. please let me know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-printer.343608/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi i bought an DELL D 600 latitude laptop refurbished but i can not connect to the internet at home.
i am running windows xp and have no problem at other places just at home.
I have put in the wireless key wpa from my bt homehub, 10 nrs, but it keeps telling me cannot get
connected. system shows that the connection is 100% please help desperate old man with old computer.

A:DELL d 600 wireless connection

First.Disable encryption on the router.If you can connect,then re-enable and re-enter the password on the router and then try to connect.
And.May we see:
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-d-600-wireless-connection.1003343/
Relevancy 38.7%

Overview A Vista Rig hardwired to a Vista Laptop with a wireless internet connection will allow transfer of files between both computers but only the laptop will connect to the internet even though I have internet sharing on and all ICP's on both computers are set to automatic I was running to Vista to Internet to Vista Wireless Wired to How? an XP Notebook before with my Vista Ultimate x I was doing fine with the connection But the Notebook suffers from overheating issues overqualified CPU and it seems it's taken it's last hit I forgot to put the fan under it So I borrowed my brother's new Dell Latitude D with Vista Ultimate x on it freshly installed by me Given both the comps are Vista's I thought hey it would be Vista to Wired to Vista to Wireless to Internet How? easier to get the two to share the Laptop's wireless internet connection It worked a bit and then it stops working So here is the setup My Rig VUx has a Vista to Wired to Vista to Wireless to Internet How? network card connected to an ethernet cable That card has had both ICPs set to automatic The cable runs to the Laptop VUx which it's LAN connection is also set to automatic ICPs I went into to the broadband wireless connection and it's also automatic and checked the box on the sharing tab in the properties dialog box I went to Network and Sharing on both machines and allowed network discovery setting all networks besides the Wireless one to private and setting both computers to the workgroup CROTCHLITHHUB All sharing is pretty much set on On VUx there is only one connection to VUx and that is set to private On VUx there are two The Wireless connection is set to public and an unidentified network set to private After all this however I am still not getting any internet source on VUx What gives Any help on getting VUx on the internet through VUx 's wireless connection would be much appreciated The Laptop is not my main computer and I want to use programs from my Rig like games and stuff that the Laptop definitely can't run Either that or I'll just have to go buy a USB wireless hub for the rig but that defeats the purpose somewhat And we'll leave adding the Xbox to the second connection on the Rig and getting it to the net as well for another day Thanks in advance -PW

A:Vista to Wired to Vista to Wireless to Internet How?

Start/Control Panel./ Open Network./ At the top, click "Network and Sharing Center." on left click "Manage network connections"

right click yuor wirless connection and choose properties , then open the "sharing" tab

the rest will become very apparent after you open the sharing tab

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/230580-vista-wired-vista-wireless-internet-how.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello I m SURE there is a very simple step I m overlooking but I tried using my laptop wirelessly last night on my home network and the Google and I tried others no luck home page wouldn t load Windows XP service Pack XP pops up a window to show I m connected to my wireless router Dell and Issue D505 Wireless at home but it won t load the page OK Background I traveled to Dallas this weekend to visit my sister and had to enter a password to use her wireless network I believe the problem has something to do with that but here is what I have tried since then Went Wireless and Dell D505 Issue into Network Connections and looked at all the wireless networks did a refresh set my home network as the top one in the list--still didn t work Opened a DOS prompt cleared the DNS using the command ipconfig flushdns Released and renewed the ipconfig a few times It s connecting to the router just not loading the page so really I was banging my head against the wall metaphorically Checked Windows security settings but it appears the firewall is turned off although I never really found where I could change the settings so I m not positive about that Any ideas what s wrong It has to be something really simple I m overlooking nbsp

A:Wireless and Dell D505 Issue

My wireless shows a strong connection even though my cable modem is in standbye mode. Try resetting your cable or dsl modem whichever you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-and-dell-d505-issue.94277/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello everyone

I have a dell inspiron 6000 laptop, and the current wireless card does not work.

What do you recommand as a replacement wireless card, and price.
thank you in advance

A:Wireless card for dell laptop?

Any of these should work if you have a PCMCIA slot:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=pcmcia+wireless

Otherwise, these USB cards should work

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ption=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-card-for-dell-laptop.851816/
Relevancy 38.27%

Dell A966 printer - have downloaded drivers from dell site to be compatible for Windows 7, but my systen is still not finding the drivers after having downloaded them

A:Dell A966 wireless printer

did you also install the driver? or just download it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/120177-dell-a966-wireless-printer.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello,

I have 600 Latitude 2100 Netbooks that I need to configure with the same wireless password. In the past, I have copied the wireless network profile to a USB drive and inserted it into each machine and ran the setupSNK file to add the machine to the network. However, that was for 20 machines, I now have to configure 600 machines with the same wireless password and was wondering if there was an easier way. The access point to computer ratio is is 1:10. I have also tried using Altiris to deploy the setupSNK.exe file automatedly to each machine but I have not had any success. Re-imaging the machines is not option because sysprep clears off all network information. Thanks for your help.

-
Felix
IT Systems Specialist II

A:Wireless Setup for 600 Dell Netbooks

I assume this is in a campus/enterprise type environment.

Having a single preshared passphrase for 600+ wireless clients is just plain bad practice from both a management/scalability aspect and from a security one.

The better method is using one of three available options: 1) 802.1x with AES Enterprise encryption, 2) captive portal, or 3) a NAC solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-setup-for-600-dell-netbooks.1054177/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello folks this is my first post so bear with me please.I have a dell inspirion desktop at home,but yesterday the keyboard stopped working.The mouse is working fine,i have re installed the driver disk and everything was connected ok,ie joined the broken chain for the mouse,then added the pass code for the keyboard to work,but keyboard still not working.I have tried a plug and play keyboard but that does not work either,any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

A:Wireless Dell keyboard not working

Did you get any keyboard to work on the computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-dell-keyboard-not-working.153705/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a Dell V313w printer. My husband think the literature and disk may have gone out with the box. It is set up to use the USB, Now, I have capabilities to set it up wirelessly. Can any one help me set this up?

A:Solved: Dell V313w wireless

You can download the driver software here: http://support.dell.com/support/dow...mID=PRN_ALL_V313W&os=WLH&osl=en&catid=&impid=

The users manual is included with the driver download. I would uninstall the existing driver on your computer and then reinstall, including the "Dell Printer Home" and "Dell Wireless Setup Utility".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-v313w-wireless.1009959/
Relevancy 38.27%

I am getting unwanted pop-up window titled quot No firewall is turned on message quot and & Wireless Firewall Issue Help ! Dell Dell wireless connects only after to minutes once the windows system starts and If I check task manager under user name section no user names appears for Dell Wireless & Firewall Issue Help ! to minutes and nothing loads works system - Dell Vostro - windows xp professional Windows Dell Wireless & Firewall Issue Help ! Firewall is turned on Ran scanned with Malware bytes Combofix Symantec antivirus and scanned both C and D drives using CD ROM media AVAST Bart PE Windows bootable CD and AVAST antiviurs scan - BUT NO LUCK Tired to uninstall dell wireless but not able to remove the program from add remove option Unistalled wireless device from device manager but after re-starting the system drivers didn t loaded and showing Yellow mark under Network Adapters and wireless switch to turn wireless on off is not working stuck not moving Manually removed - C WINDOWS system wltrysvc exe file and C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll file - after running security Task Manager free tool After deleting the above files - Wireless stopped completely Anybody had similar issues or any Guru s can help whats going in the system is highly appreciated Thanks in advance Shakeel

A:Dell Wireless & Firewall Issue Help !

1. Fixed Yellow key question mark issue in device manager list- Re-installed drivers

But still firewall alert issue ballon in the system tray appears after starting windows and dell wireless connection takes long time to connect and system is slow.

Thanks
Shakeel.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/245275/dell-wireless-firewall-issue-help/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have an old dell "1997" , Latitude LM 133, windows 95, no usb ports , I switched from dial -up to DSL for new cpu. I made a wireless network with D- Link router for direct TV and tivo updates. I would like to use dell on the wireless network. But all D-Link pcmica cards state they work only with windows 2000. I would like to use the dsl connection but not sure how to make it work

Relevancy 38.27%

Is anyone else having problems with DELL Wireless cards and Netgear wireless routers? I dont seem to have a healthy connection.

Relevancy 38.27%

Since resetting my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop back to factory settings I keep getting this message on startup: "Dell Wireless WLAN Wireless Network Tray Applet has stopped working". I have tried to get rid of this by trying the following advice I found on the internet:

Right click Computer
Manage
Services
Scroll down to Dell Wireless WLAN
Right click
Properties
Disable the service
Reboot

but the message still appears on startup. On checking, the service shows up as disabled.

The computer isn't used wireless so a wireless connection isn't vital.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can stop this message appearing?

Graham

A:Dell Wireless LAN Message on Startup

I would have guessed that would be sufficient.

Hold the Windows logo key and press r to bring up a Run box. Type msconfig in the box and hit OK. On the Startup tab see if there is any reference to that Dell WLAN. If there is, un-select it, Apply, reboot and see if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-lan-message-on-startup.974800/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi I am using DELL D610 , windows XP.
All of a sudden my wireless stopped working. I cant get the wifi light switched on. I tried system restore, installing and uninstalling drivers, formatting my system . Nothing worked.
Please I require some urgent help.
Thank you.

A:Dell D610 wireless not working

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

I'd like to see this as well.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-d610-wireless-not-working.754088/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, i have a dell laptop inspiron 1545.
I am currently having problems with the wireless connection, i can connect with the ethernet cable but not wirelessly, other laptops will connect as well as game consoles but not my laptop.
I am currently using bt broadband, i also have problems with the connection as the laptop will automatically connect to other networks such as btfon and btopenzone. I have tried all the basics of re-setting the home hub, as well as trying to sort out the connection through the control panel on the laptop, but still have no luck with a connection wirelessly.
any help will be much appreciated.

here is the main details of my laptop
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 900 @ 2.20GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Antivirus: ESET Smart Security 4.2, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 38.27%

I recently installed a Dell Wireless Router at work and have run into problems. It frequently disconnects and about 70% of the time when I type in a URL, it redirects. This never happened before installing the wireless router. The service was 99% on with no redirects and no other problems.

I have a dynamic IP, the software that Dell shipped with the router auto-detected the connection and I did not change any of the settings. I have a Linksys router at home and have never run into any problems. Any suggestions?

A:Dell Wireless Router Problems

"redirects"?

Maybe you should change some settings in that router then? And of course you have the latest firmware/drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-wireless-router-problems.39957/
Relevancy 38.27%

So a while back I bought a lat C its a good laptop wireless card Dell software was I just sold it before it went I changed from a PCMCIA WIFI NIC to a neat little internal Mini PCI Broadcom NIC installation went a bit eyed as the Dell Wireless Dell wireless card software Utility install decided I didnt have the correct hardware installed however I just pointed the add new hardware wizard at Dell wireless card software the driver location and it installed quite happily albeit without the Dell Wireless utility however as the OS is XP I just used the windows zero config to enable the card and all was good So whats my problem well my kids also have Lat C s i do like them a lot and my sons PCMCIA card was a bit buggred so I decided to invest in another MiniPCI card from the same place i bought the last one and identical in everyway I installed the card by pointing the add new hardware wizard at the driver location and the card Dell wireless card software installed again with no problem However his laptop has Windows on it and this of course does not have the windows zero config So i googled and found the link to download the Dell Utility program for wireless NIC s I checked my card was supported and proceeded to download it MB in all and a slow K download speed But again I got the message about quot no suitable hardware installed quot and the software wouldnt install this left me in a bit of a quandary I cant use the card as K doesnt have WZC and I cant find the software needed In the end I swapped the card into my daughters machine which has XP on it and gave my son the PCMCIA NIC that was in her s I ask you does Dell do a Wireless Utility program for the broadcom wireless mini PCI Nic or am I going to be forced to upgrade the laptop to XP i see Bill Gates rubbing his hands together Or do Microshaft do an equivalent of the WZC for windows K nbsp

A:Dell wireless card software

Go ahead and upgrade the 2K laptop to XP, and "a neat little internal Mini PCI Broadcom NIC" was probably not necessary. Anyway going from 2K to XP should do the trick

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-wireless-card-software.91166/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a Dell Inspiron 5120, 17 " laptop running Windows 7 and Ubuntu 15.04.
When running Ubuntu I have no problem with the wireless connect to the Internet.
When running Windows 7, I can only connect with the LAN cable to the modem.

These are some of the messages I receive:

Quote:
Intel Centrino Wireless -N-2230
The best driver for your device is already installed.

Quote:
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

Everything was working A-OK until I pulled a major goof and tried to install Windows 10 (beta) upgrade. I don't know what I did but things went completely toes up.

I am not very knowledgeable with respect to the Internet connections.

A:Dell laptop can't connect to wireless

When did this happen? Can you make a System Restore prior to the issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371747-dell-laptop-cant-connect-wireless.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Will the TruMobile card in my Dell laptop enable me to connect with the internet whenever I'm in a active WiFi zone?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-trumobile-1150.216941/
Relevancy 38.27%

Thought I would be considerate and post this as the other thread (marked solved) is closed and isn't solved.

Anyway....

My symptoms were - wireless keyboard worked but wireless mouse didn't. Tried pressing the sync button on the mouse but to no avail.

My fix:
1. Take USB stick out.
2. Take batteries out of the keyboard
3. Plug USB back in TO A DIFFERENT SLOT. This causes windows to find the mouse and re-install drivers.
4. Once mouse is working put batteries back in keyboard

Worked for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-mouse-not-working.1007136/
Relevancy 38.27%

Anyone got success installing the driver for dell 370 bluetooth adaptor in windows 7 64 bit ??

I tried the drivers for windows vista x64 but they dont seem to be working..

Help Needed Guys....

A:Dell Bluetooth 370 Wireless Adaptor

i am using a Dell Studio 1555 Laptop

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/24672-dell-bluetooth-370-wireless-adaptor.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I think that is my wireless card. My problem is it stops working if I leave it alone for a few hours. It may be 2 hours or 8 hours but invariably it stops. My icon shows connected and internet connection but when I try and load a page I get a not available. When I use the trouble shooter, first it fixes the interned access point and then it tells me that some protocols are missing.  The only way I can fix it is to reboot the computer.
I tried running the online test that Dell offers. It was supposed to take 3-5 minutes and after 30 it was still running. 
Should I just get a new card and dump the card or is there something I'm missing with the card.
I'm running Win 10 and all my drivers are updated.
Thank you for any help.

A:Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz)

What model desktop? To see what network adapter you have, open Device Manager. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19974922
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a couple of issues that I wireless with connection Hep a Inspron Dell for do not know if they are related or connected I have a Dell inpsrion Hep with wireless connection for a Dell Inspron I have Hep with wireless connection for a Dell Inspron a wireless air card through Verizon which I connect to have a wireless connection in my house with a Cradlepoint router A couple of weeks ago I had a virus on my computer I had it taken care of During this time I also had internet issues where I was using EXTREME amounts of data I also changed from my original air card and updated to an LG G card even though G is not available in my area yet It was cheaper plan with more data Here is what I know I can use the aircard with my Dell if I connect it to the computer I have updated all the firmware on the router to make the air card work with the router I am getting a signal that I can get on the wireless network and I use it with my other devices An iPad and an Acer notebook and my Droid X but when I have the wireless through the router it will not pick up my Dell My computer shows it is connected to the wireless but will not access the internet though IE Chrome or Firefox Here is what I have tried Erased the automatic connections to all wireless networks Used the VZ access manager software from Verizon to connect to my home network It shows as being available It appears to me it must be a setting on the Dell I just do not know what next to try Thanks for any help anyone can give nbsp

A:Hep with wireless connection for a Dell Inspron

For the Dell attempting a Wi-Fi connection ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hep-with-wireless-connection-for-a-dell-inspron.984254/
Relevancy 38.27%

Does this Dell laptop have an on/off switch for the wireless modem? If so where would I find it?
Thank you
SW

Relevancy 38.27%

I just hooked up a laptop computer for a client of mine and he tried to use his wireless connection at the library and his home the other day but wouldn't connect. He can see the networks but it won't connect.

Any help appreciated.

Evan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-laptop-wireless-issue-239179.html
Relevancy 38.27%

The switch on the right above the headphones has a radio tower on the left end of the slider. When the slider is pushed to the right, there is red/orange visible. So to connect to a router, do I slide the "wireless switch" to the right or to the left? Sorry, but I cannot tell which is "on."

Also the next button to the right of that wireless switch is called the Wi-Fi Catcher Network Locator. To a non-geek, can you tell me what that is for?

A:wireless switch on Dell E6400

Hi ejlgcpa take a look at this

Reading

How to Enable Wi-Fi on the Dell Latitude E6400 | eHow.com

From the manual

Note
WHAT IS THE DELL WIFI CATCHER
DellTM Wi-Fi CatcherTM Network Locator
The wireless switch on your Dell computer uses the Dell Wi-Fi CatcherTM Network Locator to scan specifically for WiFi wireless local area networks (LAN) in your
vicinity.
NOTE: For more information about the wireless switch, see wireless switch.
To scan for WiFi wireless LAN, slide and hold the switch in the "momentary" position for a few seconds. The Wi-Fi Catcher Network Locator functions regardless of whether your computer is turned on or off, in hibernate mode, or in standby mode, as long as the switch is configured through QuickSet or the BIOS (system setup program) to control WiFi network connections.
Because the Wi-Fi Catcher Network Locator is disabled and not configured for use when your computer is shipped to you, you must first use Dell QuickSet to enable and configure the switch to control WiFi network connections.
For more information on the Wi-Fi Catcher Network Locator and to enable the feature through QuickSet, see the Dell QuickSet Help. To access the Help file, right-click the icon in the taskbar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/281014-wireless-switch-dell-e6400.html
Relevancy 38.27%

My Dell Latitude laptop used to have connection 610 Dell Latitude wireless a windows XP operating system but the computer went bad I took it a neighborhood tech guy and he replaced the hard drive and installed windows ultimate When I got the computer back I was able to get wireless connectivity but I had problems with pop ups indicating Dell Latitude 610 wireless connection that the Windows Operating system was not genuine I took it back to the tech guy and he said he needed to conduct a quot crack quot whatever that means So he did his thing I brought the computer back home and could not get any wireless connectivity Called the tech guy He said it had nothing to do with the operating system and supported his point by saying that he was able to get wireless connectivity at his home I have tried everything I could I took a screen shot that shows that my Wireless Network Connection is enabled in the window However there is a small window in the lower right hand corner that shows quot No connections are available quot Also I received some troubleshooting messages about a problem with the driver Please advise I need your help Thanks jc nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

hii.. M using dell n5040 laptop..I cant connect to wifi.. and if it gets connected it automatically gets disconnected after a minute or maximum two..i found that my problem was similar as described in (http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1030587-wireless-connection-problems-dell-laptop.html) so i did "tcp/ip reset" as given in that post.. after that i restarted my laptop.. the difference was it connected but only for maximum 4 mins instead of 2 or 3.. as it did before..
P.S. i unistalled McAfee before doing tcp/ip reset. When i troubleshoot it says problem in network adapter.. but my adapter is already up to date..

Relevancy 38.27%

Hey all!
I have a fairly new Dell Inspirson 1545 and until now it was working fine. My wireless internet is now not working. It finds the network fine but then says that it cannot connect. It also will not troubleshoot. The adapter is on correctly and I know it is not the wireless router because other laptops in the house are using the same wireless. When hooked up wired through an Ethernet cable it works fine...
Anyone know what's up?

A:Wireless help! Dell Inspiron 1545

Make sure that you have not inadvertantly turned off the wireless switch. You can also disable TCP/IPv6 in your adapter properies.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/135171-wireless-help-dell-inspiron-1545-a.html
Relevancy 38.27%

how do I disable wireless card on dell 5100

A:dell laptop wireless card

There should be a icon in the task bar to disable it, if not there should be an option in control panel>network connections

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-wireless-card.754842/
Relevancy 38.27%

After having had the motherboard replaced on the D620 my fatherinlaw can now, no longer connect to his wireless.

All settings seem to be different from the details he has noted from the initial installation of the system.

I cannot check/change settings due to an invalid password.

Help!

A:Dell D620 new motherboard now no wireless

So the first thing you will need to do is remember the password... or remove it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d620-new-motherboard-now-no-wireless.91749/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello EVeryone,
I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 and the Dell Wireless router. I have very frustrating, intermittent problems connecting through the wireless connection. Sometimes I can get on for hours at a time. Other times, I can't stay connected for more than a few minutes. And this is when using the laptop in the same position. So at first I thought it could be an obstruction (reflective surface or other interference) but why does it connect fine some days and not other days? When it disconnects, sometimes I can get back on by right-clicking on the icon in the system tray and using the Repair function. But this does not always work.

Is my problem the fact that I saved money by buying the Dell router instead of a good one like a Lynksys?

Thank you,
Greg McComish

Relevancy 38.27%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 running Windows 7. Wireless adaptor is an intel Pro 3945ABG

The wireless adapter keeps switching itself off. This happens regularly - every 10 minutes - and I have to troubleshoot to reset the wireless adaptor.

I have disabled the power setting that allows the computer to switch wireless off to save power and I have (I think) reinstalled the right drivers.

The inspiron used to have a reset wireless switch on the left hand side, but this broke off almost immediately. Could it have worked itself into a problematic position and be causing the problem or is it another issue?

Grateful for any help.

A:Dell wireless adapter problem

please properly uninstall the drivers and then install them again... also try to connect another device to the wireless network and see if that disconnects, could be a router issue too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-wireless-adapter-problem.147716/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a problem.....if i plug in my ethernet cable i cannot get a connecton through my laptop....if i plug it in my desktop it works!!!!!.......with that said......i have been connecting to the same wireless network(i dont have a wireless router/unsecure network) since febuary, and i havent had any problems......i loaded my drivers cd and it appears i have everything......what could be the problem????......email me at [email protected]

Relevancy 38.27%

I have a Dell Inspiron E1405 With Windows XP home, with wireless issues.

I just re-formatted and installed all the needed drivers from Dell, and the wireless card was not recognized. So I looked in bios, and it said there wasn't one. So i bought a replacement, and now bios notices it. But Windows still doesn't. I looked in Device Manager, and it notices a "Network Adapter" and it has a question mark over it. It also says the Ethernet Adapter isn't responding.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

A:Dell Wireless card problems.

99.9% a driver issue try unistalling and then re boot then reinstall, make sure you have correct driver first

check bois says on board lan enabled, if none of above working prob faulty motherboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-card-problems.931341/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello Gurus,

I can't get my Dell Laptop to see any wireless networks as is did once. I have another laptop which is working fine with it. The wireless setup is WRT54GS router which broadcast a clear SIDDS.

Details:
Dell Latop inspiron 8500
Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Min9-PCI

I have tried adding the the SIDDS under Preferred networks but not go -

Please help as this is sending me crazy!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-dell-laptop-not-seeing-wireless-network.428604/
Relevancy 38.27%

family member's brand new Vostro connects to other wireless networks (in other locations), but when she is at home, the Vostro is connecting to a brand new Wireless Netgear N router... it will connect, but either go really slow, or connect and then disconnect in 5 minutes, or it will say its connected but not really be. Repowered the router and modem (even though the internet is working fine for everyone else on all their computers and devices). Also disabled and re-enabled the wireless adapter. Made the network a home network. I don't know what else to do. She is on Windows 7 btw.

I've had nothing but trouble will Dell internal wireless cards, not working for any rhyme or reason. Then they might work perfectly a year later for no reason.

Hopefully I can actually get some possible fixes.

A:Dell Vostro Internal Wireless

If signal strength is full and you're relatively close to the router, then unfortunately this is a quirk noted by others with the Vostro. One possibility is a wireless phone system or other digital interference i.e. cell phones. If power shows fair to weak, then a signal booster works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/dell-vostro-internal-wireless-590897.html
Relevancy 38.27%

today i tried connecting to my wireless router through my laptop, which has been working just fine since is a new laptop, to get internet access seems like the status is connected but it wont access the internet, my router network is strong and when i try connecting it just wont, but my second laptop will. what would be the problem? could it be my built in card?

edit: seems like im connected now but network is really slow and it constantly disconnects and connects.
could it be a virus instead?..

windows network diagnostics:

PROBLEMS FOUND:

problem with wireless adapter or access pint NOT FIXED X
a network cable is not propertly plugged in on may be borken DETECTED !

**oh and i just noticed this is in the wrong section please help me move it to the wlan lan network section

A:dell studio wireless problem

If you have other wireless computers connected, sometimes IP addresses can become confused depending on how you have configured your router. If it is safe to do so then sometimes powering off your router for 30 seconds can fix this.

Also, scan your system with SuperAntiSpyware, trackers, when there are enough of them can cause these network symptoms also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-wireless-problem.961703/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a Dell Studio laptop running Vista 64 Home edition. I recenly installed a Wireless-n 1510 WLAN and it won't find any wireless networks. When I start up the computer the Wi-Fi Catcher says the band configuration is not compatible and reverts to b/g. Any ideas on how to rectify this problem?

Thanks,

Steveg297

Relevancy 38.27%

I have a Dell Latitude D610 running on Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3. I'm currently having problems with my wireless connection; currently there is no icon for a wireless adapter under my network connections tab. Before this problem occurred, I hadn't installed any software or made any changes to my laptop and I was using the built-in wireless card. I've tried a system restore to no avail as well as downloading and installing drivers from the dell website; Please Help!!!!

Relevancy 38.27%

Dell Inspiron 6000 wireless
I got a free delll inspiron 6000 laptop. it wouldnt load the os after a virus scan was done. didnt have original cd soo reloaded copy of xp pro never used before onto machin in attempt to repair. repair wouyld not work soo i reformatted the machine and installed new copy of xp pro. Since i reformatted and reinstalled i can no longer get my wireless card to show i check device manager not sure what to look for or what driver to update. maby its not even a driver issue . Please help . any ideas appreciated

A:Dell Inspiron 6000 wireless

you need to go onto the dell website and download all the drivers for the laptop

on the laptop will be a tag number
use this in the dell website and it will take you to all the drivers for that machine

in device manager I suspect you have a lot of yellow ? - these are the items with missing drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-6000-wireless.902833/
Relevancy 38.27%

New Dell E was delivered with Home Premium bit reformatted to VL Pro bit SP and latest updates installed Is running BIOS A Worked fine till it BSOD'ed and afterwards the wireless was no Dell BSOD wireless E4200 following no longer working Laptop is at times connected to an E-dock docking station which has wired network two usb drives and usb wireless mouse keyboard plugged in BSOD occured while laptop was docked Here are the relevant Dell drivers for Dell E4200 no wireless following BSOD this machine which were originally installed Reinstall of the network drivers didn't result in any errors but also doesn't result in the wireless working Unknown whether BT is working although BT light Dell E4200 no wireless following BSOD comes on at times Wireless LED is off Wireless switch on the side of the laptop is ON File Formats IDT HDxxx HD Audio Intel AMT HECI Intel AMT SOL LMS Dell Wireless Bluetooth Module Dell E4200 no wireless following BSOD Intel xx Gigabit Platform LAN Network Device diagnostics Intel xx Gigabit Platform LAN Network Device driver File Formats Dell System Software File Formats Intel GM GE GS Integrated Graphics Even though as you can see in the attached screenshot the Network Controller isn't properly loaded the wired network works just fine it's only the wireless that doesn't work Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide to get this issue resolved

A:Dell E4200 no wireless following BSOD

i had the same problem exept i found out i corrupted the actual data on the chip itself...maybe a faulty NIC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/163800-dell-e4200-no-wireless-following-bsod.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I recently purchased a Dell Studio 15 laptop with an Intel WiFi Link 5100 802.11AGN Half Mini Card. Problem is that up until this time, my other computers (combo of older Dell's and a Mac) all worked fine on the wireless internet (Belkin) until we bought this new Studio. Now, whenever I fire up the new laptop, it kills my wireless network. The wireless Belken is a Pro - N. Any thoughts on what may be happening here?

Relevancy 38.27%

Hello. I have just installed vista today and i can not get vista to use my Dell 1450 wireless adapter which i have been using on windows XP for a couple of years. (I've talked to Dell and they said they couldn't help because i didn't buy vista from them) I have already installed the driver from the dell CD. (however, this CD came with the version of windows xp i was using before i installed vista) I have also gone to their website, downloaded the driver, transferred it to my computer, installed it and still no luck. also the error i get from device manager is as follows: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. the driver may be corrupted or missing. (code 39)" Is there any way to fix this or will i need to buy a new wireless adapter?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-wireless-1450-adapter-338811.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello Everybody I am using E DELL Laptop for almost years I did not face any problem with network connectivity in accessing Internet Currently i am staying in Hotel which offers me Wireless network connectivity I have been using the same wireless connectivity in that same hotel for sometime Suddenly i am not able to access to internet I use Intel PRO wireless a g mini card which comes with E DELL laptop i deleted the profile which i use to connect and again created the same profile Still i could not able to access internet Checked the status of wireless connection it states the signal is excellent Wireless card comes with diagonistic tool Problem 1505 DELL Wireless which can be used to check whether our connection DELL 1505 Wireless Problem is good or bad I ran that tests Everything got passed except the following Manual Diagnostic Ping Test- Result Failed Summary No DELL 1505 Wireless Problem Response default gateway DHCP server I have also tried renewing the ipaddress but i could not able get success DELL 1505 Wireless Problem with it Only thing i did not do till this point of time is i did not assign any static IPAddress to my laptop and try out kindly let me know the way to resolve it I executed ipconfig all in my command prompt and got some information like IPAddress Subnet mask Default Gateway I also tried pinging Default gateway i got timeout error Please shed some light on this matter nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

Received message "Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter"

I recently restored my computer but for some reason my wireless adapter disappeared. Please help!

A:Dell Inspiron-wireless adapter help

p.s. cannot find wireless adapter in device manager

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-wireless-adapter-help.887733/
Relevancy 38.27%

All of a sudden my wireless adapter disappeared from my laptop. What should I do to get it back?

Relevancy 38.27%

i have new router 300n sitecom x3 300mbps i connected all my laptops but the Dell White Slimed Inspiron Mini Nickelodeon Edition i couldn't connect it says ( network security key mismatch) and im sure its the right one ... really i need hellp here

Mr: terrynet

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi all

I want to replace my Intel Wireless 2200BG to Atheros AR5BMB-44 will this cause any problem. As i read that running a 5.2 GHz transmitter with 2.4 GHz antennae is not good.

I also require the driver for Atheros AR5BMB-44

Your kind reply will be appreciated.

A:Dell D410 XP sp3 Wireless Card

Could someone help me, Please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-d410-xp-sp3-wireless-card-531573.html