Windows Support Forum

Vista Reboots Unexpectedly?

Q: Vista Reboots Unexpectedly?

My apologies if this has already been covered in another thread.

On my freshly built new computer, everything has been running nicely from day one. The only flaw is that from time to time, seemingly with no warning, the machine suddenly reboots. This happens say once every three or four days. It's odd because:
1) I don't "download" on this machine
2) No pirated software
3) Asus Probe and Speedfan show normal temperatures

So could it be something in Vista itself? Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks for your input,
mini

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-unexpectedly.703430/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Vista Reboots Unexpectedly?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi, I hope I'm posting this in the right place. My computer has recently been rebooting itself without displaying an error message beforehand. It tells me that IE is no longer working, then goes black, and starts rebooting. I'm so frustrated, can someone tell me where to begin solving this problem?

Mallory

P.S. I have an HP Notebook dv2000 running Vista.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/221228/reboots-unexpectedly/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello !!!!

I Just Build My Computer :

INTEL P4 3.4ghz 775lga
Asus P5gd1-vm Motherboard
1024mb Dual Channel Corsair Ddr
40g Ide Hdd (of My Old Computer)
Samsung Cd-rom And Cd-r/rw Drive
500w 24pin Psu

I Donīt Know What Happen With My Computer...while Iīm Working The System Reboots Unexpectedly, Whe I Bought The Case I Changed The Psu 'couse Someone Tolds Me This Motherboard Works Better With 24pin Psu...ok Done !! The Problem Continue...i Have Upgraded The Bios Version From Asus Website And It Did Not Work !!!
Is Not Windows Problem...'couse The System Reboots While The Bios Configuration Is Loading, I'm Sure That The Fans Works Properly....
What The Hell Is Happening With My Computer ??? If Anyone Have Any Idea..please Let Me Know......thanx !!!!

Relevancy 62.35%

My Windows XP machine reboots unexpectedly - mostly when I m using Firefox but not all the time My machine Windows XP Pro Version SP Intel Pentium D CPU GHz GB of RAM I just had my computer repaired because of a similar problem The technician found a back hard drive and bad memory He replaced both I reinstalled Windows and all my programs Now it seems to keep happening though I know my hard drive is not bad I recently went into System Properties and unchecked quot automatically reboot quot so that next time it happens I can at least get a blue screen and see where it s failing Is there anything else I can do at this point to diagnose the problem It seems that a lot of programs freeze up on me and I can t ctrl-alt-delete to bring up the task manager to reboots unexpectedly Windows XP kill anything I noticed that sometimes Firefox would freeze up on me while bringing up a new window or accessing a menu My hard drive would thrash for several minutes and I would have to manually reboot This is a brand new Windows XP reboots unexpectedly hard drive so I don t need to defrag Any thoughts Thank you

A:Windows XP reboots unexpectedly

After unchecking "automatically reboot" this is the blue screen that I got:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Stop Code
0x00000050 (0x9f022e40,0x00000009, 0x9f022e40, 0x00000000)

I'm testing the memory now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407354/windows-xp-reboots-unexpectedly/
Relevancy 62.35%

Windows XP unexpectedly reboots - what now please?

About once or twice a day my Windows XP Pro SP3 reboots unexpectedly.
I've had a look in Event viewer to see if I can get an idea what is doing it but to no avail.
I does not seem to be any particular visible task that I'm doing at the time.

Any idea of what might track down the problem.
Any ideas would be helpful.

I'm a VB.Net programmer so I'm fairly up on systems. FYI

A:Windows XP unexpectedly reboots - what now please?

Right click 'my computer' select 'properties' click the'advanced' tab and under 'startup and recovery' settings uncheck the box for 'automatically restart' in 'system failure'.
This should produce a blue screen next time it fails and the information there should point you towards the cause of the rebooting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-unexpectedly-reboots-what-now-please.837430/
Relevancy 61.92%

hey there, and thanks in advance, now i have winxp pro which i've been running well the last 2 or 3 years, but lately it just shuts down(reboots) unexpectedly, like if i'd be writind down this message and all of the sudden it starts rebooting, the wierd thing is that it seem to happen only while i try to do a right click, or insert a blank cd, or perform a spyware scan, now lately a cleaned the registry with tweek now regcleaner, but only showed safe to delete items, so i dont know if it might have something to do with it, now, i just want this solved in order to be able to copy a couple things i need before i proced with reformating the Hd, which by the way i forgot how to do, anyways, thanks for the support

Relevancy 60.63%

i have windows xp pro 2002 sp2, a pentium d cpu 3.40ghz 3.40ghz, .99gb of ram...
the system crashes randomly when i start using it.. sometimes it happens within minutes and sometimes it takes hours between each crash..
this morning i left the pc on and when i came back it still had not crashed and restarted
it restarts everytime it crashes..
sometimes mozilla has to close on its own.. and kaspersky sometimes gives a message that the program could not be started properly...

please help...

A:Windows Reboots Randomly, Crashes Unexpectedly After A Few Hours Of Use

First question: Is Windows up-to-date with critical updates?Second question: Have you done a thorough check on the system for malware?FYI: To assist in getting info on the causes of the crashing, Disable Auto Reboot On System Crash - http://www.theeldergeek.com/auto_reboot_on_system_crash.htm After disabling auto reboot, then (after the next crash) check Event Viewer for errors that occur roughly at that time.What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html Post details of said errors in your next or later post, please.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/135021/windows-reboots-randomly-crashes-unexpectedly-after-a-few-hours-of-use/
Relevancy 60.63%

My Z620 workstation may work for hours without any issues but occasionally it restarts or shut off on its own.It's unpredictable when it may happen. Sometimes it takes few hours until it freaks out and other day it works just fine. I have latest firmware 3.88 and Windows 10 OS. I have installed fresh OS instalation and it doesnt make any difference. All drivers are up to date and it's standard Z620 model. I don't know how to claim it to HP since it's very difficult to fault trace... I still have one month warranty left but beacuse of intermittent nature of this problem I may have problem to claim it. Any help appreciated. I'm located in Belgium.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z620-Workstation-System-Unexpectedly-Hangs-Reboots-or-Shuts/td-p/5657476
Relevancy 55.9%

I m having an extremely weird vista startup error I just built my computer about a month ago and installed Vista Ultimate -bit SP- It took me about tries but I finally got vista installed I updated the drivers for the graphics card and sound card installed Norton Internet Security and Supreme Commander FA and it started doing this weird restarting stuff Once booted up my computer runs fine It runs Supcom Crashes, Works 64-bit Reboots, Startup Vista Error: Reboots, FA perfectly at all max settings with no slowdown and has never crashed once This makes me think it is not a hardware issue Here s where the problems start Every time I turn on my computer the graphics card cycles the fan high then low high then low eight times before it boots It didn t do that before I want to fix that because it takes a long time and the noise is annoying Once it boots up Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works I get the quot Windows Error Recovery quot screen and if I select quot start normally quot it starts to boot green loading bar then gives me a bluescreen for second too fast to read or get a pic of then reboots I get the quot Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works Windows Error Recovery quot screen again and select quot use previous settings quot and it will sometimes start normally other times I have to repeat this process Every time I start normally it crashes and reboots Once it s booted it works fine I tried booting off the install DVD and running quot Repair My Computer quot First I said no to using system restore It said there was a patch error and that it could not be fixed automatically When I used System Restore I think it deleted Norton but it started up fine Next restart however it was back to restarting Also any time the computer enters sleep mode the graphics fan goes crazy and it snaps out of sleep Any help I have all the manuals and CDs DVDs that came with the hardware as well as the Vista install disk Re-Installing Vista is definitely an option as i haven t really been able to install anything important or create any important files Here are the specs OS Windows Vista Ultimate x SP- Motherboard ASUS P N-D nforce i CPU Q stock RAM G DDR - OCZ Reaper Graphics PNY XLR GTX Sound HT OMEGA CLARO Plus Hard Drives x Western Digital Caviar GB in Raid Disk Drives x SATA x DVD Burner CPU Cooler Zalman mm CNPS Case NZXT Apollo Mid Tower Monitor LG W T-TF quot Widescreen A V Soft Norton Internet Security nbsp

A:Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works

Bump.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64-bit-startup-error-reboots-crashes-reboots-works.764507/
Relevancy 50.31%

I run Vista 64x , Athelon processor,4 gb ram, nvidia g force 9200 video.

Lately I've having the moniter going black for no reason. I have to manually shut down the computer, turn it back on, go throught the "windows shut down unexpectedly" screen etc.

My (Norton) anti-virus is up to date and shows no unusuall finds over the last month or so.

I was able to retrieve the following error message:

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 1a BCP1: 0000000000008887 BCP2: FFFFFA80003A74C0 BCP3: FFFFFA800099C900 BCP4: 0000000000000104 OS Version: 6_0_6002 Service Pack: 2_0 Product: 768_1Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini101609-01.dmp C:\Users\bruce&janice\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-52837-0.sysdata.xml C:\Users\bruce&janice\AppData\Local\Temp\WER2644.tmp.version.txt

Any help with this would be appreciated.Also I've made no recent changes to any settings.

Thanks in advance.
Bruce

A:vista shuts down unexpectedly

bruce

go to c:\windows\minidump, zip the dump files (*.dmp) and upload them to us
let us know if you need help with this

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255266-vista-shuts-down-unexpectedly.html
Relevancy 50.31%

i have kaspersky intenet security and have been dealing with their techs for two months now without resolution my pc is not overclocked and has not been altered from factory equipment hp m n vista home premium amd athlon x dual core gb sdram pc - the problem started with sheduled scans on kaspersky not running stuck at files scanned until manually stoping and restarting the scan it found a few trojans which i was unable to delete or down shuts vista unexpectedly send to them for analysis i looked for them by vista shuts down unexpectedly the path name but could not find them to delete manually they gave me some settings to change for the scans but things just got worse my email was spamming other people but the emails do not appear in my outbox or sent folder shortly after this windows started shutting down whenever i ran a full scan i do not think it was because of the full scan but because the scan takes so long to run it would happen before the scan would complete i noticed it was only happening when the computer was in use on the internet or using other programs i stopped using the internet except to download updates for kaspersky or windows now the computer shuts down within - mins of startup whether in safe mode safe with command safe with network repair windows last know good config or normal mode i have tried system restore which has run through the entire process but after restart it says it did not complete successfully cpu was not restored to x date time etc i have tried all thier online virus removal tools which find nothing the lastest version of kaspersky rescue disc which will not run from boot or after on usb and on cd the recovery disc gives an error that says filesystem unknown and gives a command prompt i can type into but does nothing boot start run etc i have even tried to recover windows using my vista boot discs nothing doing the only thing that has worked was running the hp diagnostic tools disc which checks the hardware this completes all tests and does not show any problems with the hardware though the factory atapi disc drive does not read discs anymore i now use an external lg dvd-rw drive which works fine from other forum entries here and what the kaspersky techs have guessed im hearing that this is a hardware problem either from excessive heat or voltage spikes my computer does not show any error messages for windows when it does start and the hardware diagnostic came out fine i think it is a rootkit i do not have the computer in a cabinet and the inlet an outlet air ports are both clear the computer does not feel warm but the fan does rev pretty high at times the computer will not stay on long enough to remove some software the techs advised me to remove i cannot find them in prgrams and features nor by following the path to the folders where they should be can anyone offer any help that doesnt require me to spend to take it to geek squad please i am desperate

A:vista shuts down unexpectedly

Hi Mike.

First of all, do you have any files that you would like to save before we continue?

We will try to delete the virus, but if that fails, we will most likely have to end up re-installing windows.

Do you have a vista installation disk with you; or a USB drive (for the virus removal attempt).

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/297627-vista-shuts-down-unexpectedly.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Greetings everyone and I was hoping I may get some ideas on how to fix this issue that I have been having I have a Toshiba Satellite M -S laptop and am running Vista Home Premium About a month Windows Unexpectedly Vista Restarts and a half ago I installed SP which began the havoc on my computer I spoke to MS tech support and we decided to reformat bah the computer which I did and reinstall Vista That's where the Windows Vista Restarts Unexpectedly restart problem came in As far as I can tell every driver is up to date but when I run in Normal mode I may get an hour or a day before the computer suddenly decides to restart itself No error messages given no BSOD I have the settings to where there is no automatic restart upon receiving the BSOD message but still nothing In safe mode it can run for days and days without any issue but then I am at the lowest video display and no sound I've run the requisite programs to check for errors AntiVir AdAware CCleaner ScanDisk the built in Memory Scan and to no avail I cannot find the problem I checked all my drivers and unless there is a leaky driver that I'm not catching I am at a loss Has anyone had this issue before or any suggestions as I may go about fixing the problem staff - my apologies if there is already a thread started on this issue I did search around before posting my problem

A:Windows Vista Restarts Unexpectedly

I have an M45 and they don't play well with Vista. That being said, you can get it to work but you'll be severely limited in what you can do (the primary limiter is the onboard graphics). Mine was used to beta test Vista back in June of 2006 during a trip to Microsoft and it then had a copy of the release version of Ultimate.

Because of this, the drivers are problematic to say the least. Ensure that you have the updated chipset/motherboard drivers for Vista, and then ensure that you get the updated Vista drivers for the video card. Don't attempt to use XP drivers under any circumstances.

Check your Device Manager to ensure that there's no problems with other drivers (go to Start and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter).

Go to Start...Control Panel (Classic View)...System...Advanced System Settings...Performance Settings button...Visual Effects tab...and set the system to "Adjust for best performance". Disable the Aero theme (if it's enabled) and set your graphics as low as you can stand.

This could be either that your video is overheating, or that you've got driver errors that aren't being recognized. Have you checked your Event Viewer for errors around the time of the restarts? Have you run "perfmon /report" from the Start button? Have you searched your hard drive for files ending in .dmp (usually in C:\Windows\Minidump)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/147482/windows-vista-restarts-unexpectedly/
Relevancy 49.02%

I really don't understand what's going on with my computer, first my sleep mode problem (my previous post today) and now my computer is seemingly acting fine but I have the task manager monitor on my task bar and it keeps showing 80-100% of my memory for no reason at all, how do I know this? Because my physical memory isn't maxed out and the percent of CPU usage of my programs doesn't add up to 100% what's going on?

Thank you for your time and patience, any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Vista acting slow unexpectedly

One way to troubleshoot this for software issues is to do a clean boot (instructions below) -- but if you haven't tried returning to a date when these issues didn't exist -- I'd do that first.

>> run rstrui.exe and choose a calendar date prior to these problems. You can return to the present if you like. Most issues that "system restore" does not resolve are hardware ones.
Here's the drill on "clean booting":

Run msconfig and select the "Services" tab. Check "Hide Microsoft Services" and then disable the rest. Also uncheck "load startup group" on the general page.

See this link for detailed information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Now restart and test the issue at hand

If no problems, run msconfig and recheck half the disabled items on the Services tab. Test again. If the problem recurs, UNcheck half the items you just checked to narrow down the culprit.

If the problem didn't occur, check the other half, so all the Services are enabled -- proceed to do this on the startup tab as well.

Get the idea? You want to isolate the problem to a specific startup if possible.

Note: if you already have items unchecked under msconfig > startups and are in “selective” startup mode – you should note what these are before beginning. They will need to be de-selected again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-acting-slow-unexpectedly.601203/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi - I previously received help from Gringo over on this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums Computer Shuts Vista Down Running Unexpectedly topic html but since removing I think the malware I ve run into a new problem the computer has each of the past few days suddenly shut down Gringo suggested that I post a new topic here in the Vista forum I looked at the Event Log and it mentions kernel power I also see this error message in the log quot The speed of processor is being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state for seconds since the last report quot The other very weird behavior that I can t find the source for is that one of the svchost exe processes seems to take up -- even when no programs are Computer Running Vista Shuts Down Unexpectedly running I can t figure out why the CPU is working so hard Please let me know what additional information I can provide and I am happy to do so Thank you Computer Running Vista Shuts Down Unexpectedly

A:Computer Running Vista Shuts Down Unexpectedly

Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)No installation required.Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416485/computer-running-vista-shuts-down-unexpectedly/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an Inspiron 1525 w/Vista that keeps crashing unexpectedly. I have been told a few things.

First - that I don't have enough RAM (Dell only put in the basics) believe it has 1GB right now.

Second - I should get a computer dust remover can and get rid of the dust. (personally don't think that is the problem)

Third - that there is a nasty virus in my lap top and I need to take it in and have it romoved.

any suggestions from anyone who has had the same problems????

Also once in awhile I get the crash dump screen. I am using about 3/4 of the memory in the lap top...

A:Inspiron 1525 w/Vista crashes unexpectedly!!!

Hi and welcome to TSF first please follow the instructions here http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html
next your correct in that your ram is not enough to run vista well,please wait on the virus question at this point it may be a number of other issues from a driver,faulty ram,or eveen a firewall or anti virus program causing issues it could also be caused by a build up of dirt and debris blocking the air vents and or fan cleaning with canned air is always a good idea every 6 to 8 weeks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/inspiron-1525-w-vista-crashes-unexpectedly-435569.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Windows Update unexpectedly closes every time my computer loads. I have downloaded Windows FixIt and tried that method but the FixIt program closes as well. I then tried to manually reset Update through command prompts but I get "system error 5 Access Denied" when I input the first recommended command of "net stop bits". What do I do next?

A:Vista Windows Update Unexpectedly Closes

Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Right click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator then try again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/444695/vista-windows-update-unexpectedly-closes/
Relevancy 49.02%

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

There are two times when I have noticed it stopping for a reason. Other times I do not know why it shuts off. Once it stopped after I had a flash drive in the USB port. I did the proper procedure for "safely removing" it, but the computer still shut off when I took the drive out.

Another time the computer more or less went to sleep. I was able to restart the computer without it rebooting. I wonder if there is some way to set the time for it to do this.

A:My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

Hi Xarzu,

Not sure on the flash drive and USB port, but Step Two in this tutorial will show you how to set the Power Options to what sleep settings you want.

Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/145638-my-new-vista-computer-sometimes-unexpectedly-shuts-off-any-suggestions.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I had to wipe the main drive on my notebook and during the reinstall of vista my computer restarted unexpectedly and vista couldn't finish installing now when i try to start up my computer it tells me i need to restart the instillation and restarts again. i can usually get the desktop to stay up for 5 seconds before windows restarts but i cant do anything in that time. If i could get the desktop to stay up longer i could probably fix it. How could i get the desktop to stay up longer? or how could i manually restart the vista instillation with no disc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-restarted-unexpectedly-and-now-i-cant-restart-the-installation.760991/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello world I m having this pain in the you-know-where problem While i m working on my Sony VAIO VGN-CR laptop that has a Windows Vista -bit OS my system crashes unexpectedly and shuts off fully and all all electricity is being cut off immediately it s not a system restart or a simple normal and quot safe quot shut down just a full and an immediate shut to the laptop And when I press the power button to turn on the laptop again strangely it starts normally I was hopping to see the quot Repair your system - Safe mode - Safe mode with network quot screen that will appear in cases where PCs were shut down in unnormal and unsafe conditions but apparently my system doesn t recognize what crashes fully unexpectedly, immediately shutting and down off Vista s happening and that s never a good sign in my book The shutting down happens randomly not while running a preticular program or doing a preticular thing It just happens in random Vista crashes down unexpectedly, shutting off fully and immediately times or maybe it has something in common that I can t determine what it is Things I have tried to narrow down the possibilities but still didn t get a result - I ran a driver update software to update my video card driver and other drivers as well in my system now all up to-date - I ve tried some hardware analyze diagnostic tools to check for hardware problems in my Hard Drive amp RAM haven t found any I also ran the quot Repair your system quot feature in the windows startup options F and checked all my hardware parts there and it didn t report back any problems - I ve used multi Anti-Virus Anti-Spyware softwares and didn t find any malware threats - I ve used many system analyzing tools Autoruns Hijackthis GetSystemInfo to check for system errors or autoruns problems didn t find anything - I ve used the quot System Integrity Check and Repair quot SFC exe in Windows to check on my OS files I didn t get any feedback about having any corrupted or missing system files - I used CCleaner to get rid of all junk unneeded files - I tried some registry cleaning softwares to clean my registry Also Hijackthis GetSystemInfo and other reports about my system can be downloaded from the attachments nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

A:[SOLVED] My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

overheating?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-my-new-vista-computer-sometimes-unexpectedly-shuts-off-any-suggestions-238373.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi everyone New here and this reinstalling Vista crashed partitions cause Harddrive destroy unexpectedly. thus Will loss? and data is quite a nice site My problem stems from my impatience Have a HP Pavillion a f with Vista Home Premium x bit The harddrive crashed which was totally unexpected No warning whatsoever I have talked to HP support which was the most pleasant experience ahem They said I have tried all I could do and agreed to send me a new harddrive at no cost along with recovery discs which I already have Because I simply do not wish to wait until Thursday to get the drive I was wondering what would happen if I took my external HD with two partitions and installed it internally would Vista destroy both partitions during installation and create one new partition The reason I ask is I have many family movies and pictures on one of them and do not want to lose them of course The other partition is about gb and has nothing installed Bottom line will Vista format the entire Harddrive crashed unexpectedly. Will reinstalling Vista destroy partitions and thus cause data loss? drive and remove the partitons resulting in Harddrive crashed unexpectedly. Will reinstalling Vista destroy partitions and thus cause data loss? data loss Or should I just wait until Thursday Thanks Rodney

A:Harddrive crashed unexpectedly. Will reinstalling Vista destroy partitions and thus cause data loss?

Personally, I would wait until you get the replacement drive. If you are worried about data loss, don't take the chance of have something unexpected happen.
Another thing, whenever I had a warranty replacement from HP/Dell etc, it normally comes with 24-48 business hours of calling it in. They may be giving you the worst case scenario, unless you are in the middle of nowhere.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216989/harddrive-crashed-unexpectedly-will-reinstalling-vista-destroy-partitions-and-thus-cause-data-loss/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Guys,

Dell 1525 Vista laptop:

System all of a sudden give a blue screen and reboots it self

Blue screen error is "0x0000001a"

Please help.

A:Vista reboots itself - Plz help

I'm having the same problem. As soon as I figure out whats causing it, I'll let you know. What where you doing before it restarted?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-itself-plz-help.813602/
Relevancy 45.15%

My Vista home basic reboots by itself randomly. Started to happen after I installed a 2nd hard drive. Its a Hitachi 500 gig sata hard drive. Any ideas on what it could be ?

Compaq Presario sr510nx
celeron 3.46 ghz
2 gig Ram
Nvidia Ge Force 8600 GT 512 Ram
Vista Home Basic
Hard drives compaq 141 gig, Hitachi 500 gig sata hard drive

A:Vista reboots by itself

what does the sata drives in the bios setting display?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-reboots-by-itself-298708.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My new computer reboots randomly usually at night . maybe once a week

A:Vista reboots randomly?

Windows updates?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-randomly.787896/
Relevancy 44.72%

Once again Vista is driving me crazy - but now it s serious Suddenly during reboots statup Vista my system has begun rebooting during startup Vista displays the scrolling lines for awhile then the cursor appears in the centre of the screen - then BANG The PC reboots with the initial POST screen No error messages nothing in the system logs Thank God I have a working drive image to restore because nothing else will Vista reboots during statup fix the problem - not Safe Mode not Last Known Good The problem is I cannot switch off my PC without having to do a complete Vista reboots during statup drive restore the next time I switch on Which means that my OST file in Outlook is now wrong and any recent changes have been lost as well as my mind I think Vista has certainly cut a few years off MY lifespan If Bill Gates had to pay a dollar for every minute of wasted time that Vista has cost us poor suckers he would be bankrupt very quickly Additional I tried the Vista system repair booting with my Vista Ultimate CD which after about half an hour of attempting repairs made not the slightest difference I also restored the Vista image to a different hard drive in case it was a hardware issue - also no difference nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-during-statup.791240/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey there So I had a virus last week on my sister's laptop Vista Home Premium x and with the help of the quot Am I infected What do I do quot forum I removed it Problem is along with the virus came a pretty big problem When I log into the main account under either Vista reboots at start-up Normal mode or Safe Mode with Networking a message box appears saying Vista reboots at start-up quot You are about to be logged off quot quot Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute Please save your work now quot Then a Windows Error box appears quot Services and Controller app stopped working and was closed quot quot A problem caused the application to stop working correctly Windows will notify you if a solution is available quot And the computer reboots and the cycle repeats itself Now I would format my computer but we lost the Toshiba recovery disk so we're very stuck Any help would be appreciated

A:Vista reboots at start-up

Another thing: I just scanned with Sophos Anti-Rootkit. It showed about 7 files and deleted them all except one: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\senpuqd.sys, giving the reason: "A device attached to the system is not functioning".
Does anyone know what that file is? I've searched around Google for solutions to my problem and every time someone mentions a mysterious file in the drivers folder.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344962/vista-reboots-at-start-up/
Relevancy 44.72%

I dual boot Vista and Ubuntu on my laptop, and recently Vista crashed and I am unable to load it anymore. I get to the screen where I am given the choice of loading Vista or Ubuntu, and I choose Vista. Then it asks me if I want to start normally or run startup repair. Choosing that program does nothing, the screen just flashes. Safe Mode is not one of the displayed options. So I choose to start normally, the screen goes black for a couple seconds, then the computer turns off then back on.

I am able to load Ubuntu without any problems (I'm using it now).

If anyone has any advice or suggestions to offer I would really appreciate it!

A:vista reboots instead of loading

hi you could try using east bcd http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1 and read this http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBC...1F8C88C96B2C32

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-reboots-instead-of-loading-366979.html
Relevancy 44.72%

just installed the update and then it reboots continuously during the config of the said update. Please help.

A:Vista reboots from update since 12/11-12/09

Can you boot it in safe mode? Then you might be able to open Windows Update, click "installed updates" at the bottom left, and remove the update in question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-from-update-since-12-11-12-09.885457/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys First time posting in here I noticed my Windows Vista PC keeps rebooting itself whenever I go online Sometimes it happens in a few minutes after booting sometimes in an hour or so At one point it restarted even in the Vista constantly Reboots PC middle of booting A day before this happened I was attacked by a Antimalware Doctor Spyware Program while visiting American Freedom Radio I scanned my PC using Spybot Malwarebytes CleanUp Advanced System Care Pro Vista PC Reboots constantly Tune-Up Utilities and Super Anti-spyware and removed all infections but I still get the same restart problem Here is my HiJackThis Log if it may help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Matrox Graphics Inc PowerDesk SE Matrox PowerDesk SE exe C Program Files Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Users bill Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - A B - - e -AB -E E AA B - C Program Files AskPBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLL O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Ask Search Assistant BHO - A B - - e -AB -E E AA B - C Program Files AskPBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLL O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run Matrox Powerdesk C Windows system PDesk PDesk exe Autolaunch O - HKLM Run Matrox PowerDesk SE quot C Program Files Matrox Graphics Inc PowerDesk SE Matrox PowerDesk SE exe quot O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Ftahayu rundll exe quot C Users bill AppData Local ohijevoherajo dll quot Startup O - HKCU Run Gadwin PrintScreen quot C Program Files Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe quot nosplash O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles ... Read more

A:Vista PC Reboots constantly

Bit of an update. I shut off the auto-reboot from Vista so I can get the error log and I have the following errors:

Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal

STOP 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000008, 0x00000000)

Hope this may be of some help to solve my problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-pc-reboots-constantly.990067/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone,

A client brought to me a PC with Windows Vista SP2 installed. Just before the login, the systems restarts without a BSOD. I have already check HDD and RAM and there is nothing wrong.
I also tried system restore, the system booted, but after a restart, the same happened.
Also checked with MSE and Malwarebytes, MSE nothing, malwarebytes a lot of toolbars, but nothing serious.

Is there anything else I can try, or my option is to format the system?

Thank you in advance,
John

A:Vista reboots before login

Hi, if it gets to the log on screen it is usually a windows file that is not loading and causing the problem, boot from the OS dvd, let it run startup repair, if this fails go on to command prompt and at the x sources prompt type:-

chkdsk c:/f press enter, after this run at the x sources prompt type:-

sfc/scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows (press enter) Restart computer when finished let us know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-reboots-before-login-722393.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hi i m currently using Windows XP pro sp i decided to change it with windows vista so that i can hav my pc a new look my system is ghz intel celeron i have mb of ram and nvidia geforce FX mb HDD gb and installation and then Vista reboots gb i used the gb for XP media center edition im installing vista in place because i do not have a dvd burner so Vista installation and then reboots i began with the setup and at first it went well and after long hours it finally reached the quot completing installation quot stage since it was too long again to wait i decided to leave the computer and when i returned the screen showed choices on how to start vista its the one with safe mode safe mode with networking last known good configuration and start windows normally from then on i feel that there is something wrong because that screen should only show up when windows has not successfully booted up so i chose start windows normally i saw the green progress bar but after that the screen goes blank and the reboots and when it reboots shows again that windows has not started up correctly and then i chose safe mode it booted up but said that installation cannot be completed in safe mode and needs to reboot i still haven t rolled back the installation what will i do tnx in advance nbsp

A:Vista installation and then reboots

This must be a UPGRADE install, and 512 is NOT enough RAM, you need at least 1 GIG if not 2.

Did you run the Vista Upgrade adviser, before doing this install?
What external devices do you have attached?
What programs and utilities do you have installed at the time if Vista upgrade?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-installation-and-then-reboots.643793/
Relevancy 44.72%

Howdy folks,
I just built a PC with the following components.......
Asustek S775 Intel G33 ATX GLAN motherboard
CoolerMaster Centurion 5 Black/Silver Case
OCZ Technology 500W STEALTHXSTREAM POWER SUPPLY
OCZ Technology 2X1GBKIT 240PIN PC2-8500 DDR2 1066MHZ SLI READY
Asustek V-70 Low Profile Quiet Intel LGA775 CPU Cooler
Samsung SpinPoint 320GB 7200RPM S300
Intel quad core CPU
some RAM and bought windows vista OS

I have a problem in that anytime i shutdown the computer it goes ahead shuts down ....fans shut off etc but then restarts about 5 seconds later. No errors show up on the screen at all.
I have come here for some help in diagnosing this problem.

A:Vista Reboots on shutdown

Hi

Sometimes this points to an incorrect wiring problem on the MoBo power block, where you have the Power and Reset wires connected. Make sure you don't have anything crossed in there first.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/188274-vista-reboots-shutdown.html
Relevancy 44.29%

os-vista home ed sp1
laptop pc 1.5mb ram
evesham voyager c340sx
intel celeron m cpu 420 @ 1.6ghz
32bit
87gb hdd
dvd drive
wireless adaptor
avg virus scan completed [safe mode & normal].. no probs
hdd surfacetest / analysis ok

this laptop works ok with the on screen keyboard but crashes if i use the keyboard (5 to 6 chracers max). Had a problem with memory chip originally. this now replaced. This caused all sorts of probs, but vista appears to have mended most of them! Is the keyboard crash related to the earlier memory prob, or is this something hardware related? If it is a faulty device driver, then how do i mend it? The dump mentions ntkrpamp.exe?

It's hard work using the on screen kboard, so a solution would be v.gratefully recived!

A:vista laptop reboots when keyboard is used!

Hi please follow the instructions here and attach to your next post the info will help when run through a debugger to narrow down the cause of your issue
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-laptop-reboots-when-keyboard-is-used-480864.html
Relevancy 44.29%

New Dell xps 420, preinstalled Vista. One month not a single problem. Now, when I shut down, system appears to shut down normally then immediately boots back up. Everything else appears to be running normally. During the reboot I can depress the power button and shut down the computer and it stays off. When I restart I do not get any message about abnormal shut down.

I have run virus and malware scans neither found anything?

I have not yet called Dell Tech support because in the past this forum has been much faster and more complete?
I have since called Dell tech support and spent two hours on the phone only to have them tell me that it must be Itunes. They claimed there was no way that itunes and vista could coexist. However, they did for the first three weeks???

Any thoughts?

A:Vista reboots after normal shut down

Any wakeup settings in the bios power management? Installed any new hardware or drivers recently? Any software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-reboots-after-normal-shut-down.666953/
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm hoping someone here recognizes what this problem might be and can give me clues as to how to remedy it.

I have windows vista home basic. The computer started going into a reboot mode ... it would get to the point where I click on a profile and enter my password, and then reboot . . . sometimes even before I click on that profile.

If I use the F8 key to get the repair screen, I can always use "Last Known Good Configuration" and the computer will boot and work just perfect then, but every time I shut down or do a restart, it's right back to the reboot problem. I have swapped out the memory to see if that was the issue and the problem is still there. I did a standard CHKDSK at bootup and found nothing.

I am lost :(

Can anyone offer some suggestions as to what this might be and how to remedy it?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-home-continually-reboots-338158.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey there So I had a virus last week on my sister s laptop Vista Home Premium x and with the help of the quot Am I infected What do I do quot forum I removed it Problem is along with the virus came a pretty big problem When I log into the main account under either Normal mode or Safe Mode with Networking a message box appears saying quot You are about to be logged off quot quot Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute Please save your work now quot Then a Windows Error box appears quot Services and Controller app stopped working and was closed quot quot A problem caused the application to stop working correctly Windows will notify you if a solution is Rootkit Vista reboots senpuqd.sys / available quot And the computer reboots and the cycle repeats itself Now Vista reboots / senpuqd.sys Rootkit I would format my computer but Vista reboots / senpuqd.sys Rootkit we lost the Toshiba recovery disk Vista reboots / senpuqd.sys Rootkit so we re very stuck Any help would be appreciated Here is my DDS txt log QUOTEDDS Ver - - - NTFSx MINIMAL Run by Mitchie at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP SUPERAntiSpyware disabled Updated A C- - e- F- E AC DA Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exec program files windows defender MpCmdRun exeC Users Mitchie Desktop dds scrC Windows system conime exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dllTB BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - No FileuRun TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD EXEuRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exeuRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exemRun Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hidemRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exemRun RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exemRun LtMoh c program files ltmoh Ltmoh exemRun StartCCC c program files ati technologies ati ace core-static CLIStart exemRun TPwrMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain EXEmRun SmoothView ProgramFiles Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exemRun TCrdMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exemRun Symantec PIF AlertEng quot c program files common files symantec shared pif b e dd - - c -b f- f fca a pifsvc exe quot a m quot c program files common files symantec shared pif b e dd - - c -b f- f fca a AlertEng dll quot mRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exemRun hpqSRMon c program files hp digital imaging bin hpqSRMon exemRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun NDSTray exe NDSTray exemRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottimemRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun DivXUpdate quot c program files divx divx update DivXUpdate exe quot CHECKNOWmRun Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot c program files malwarebytes anti-malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscriptmExplorerRun nvtu c users mitchie appdata local temp ui cr exeStartupFolder c progra micros windows startm programs startup hpdigi lnk - c program files hp digital imaging bin hpqtra exemPolicies-system EnableLUA x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x IE Add to Windows amp Live Favorites - http favorites live com quickadd aspxIE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c prog... Read more

A:Vista reboots / senpuqd.sys Rootkit

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease download Rootkit Unhooker and save it to your DesktopDouble-click on RKUnhookerLE to run itClick the Report tab, then click ScanCheck Drivers, Stealth and uncheck the restClick OKWait until it's finished and then go to File > Save ReportSave the report to your DesktopCopy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/345028/vista-reboots-senpuqdsys-rootkit/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have Windows Vista (I had no choice in the matter) and after a while of surfing graphics-heavy web sites, the right click won't work and I can't open new windows. I always have to reboot the get the system working properly again. Is it eating up too much memory or what? Is there any way to prevent this from happening over and over again? Thanks.

Barbara

A:Frequent reboots needed on Vista

Might be what is called a "memory leak", which is caused by poor programming that keeps the memory a program used "occupied" even after that program has closed. Enough of those and you do run out of memory.

Check Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del) and report (under performance) the total, cached & free Physical Memory. The number or processes also.

Are you using Internet Explorer ?

Could also be a heat issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/frequent-reboots-needed-on-vista-223287.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Dear jcgriff2,

I have a problem on my Vista computer that it would automatically shutdown & reboots. Sometimes, I wouldn't even have luck starting the computer, since it reboots itself during the loading process.

I've restored my computer using system recover to bring it back to the shape when it first came out from the manufacturer, but I still get the same blue screen & unexpected shutdown / reboot.

I've read your post on http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html and have followed all your instrustions. Would you be able to help me with solving my problem ? The files as you indicated can be found in the zip attachment.

(Note: one of the problem states that my d: is less than 15%. I cannot do anything with it, because by default, D: is the factory_image that stores the recovery data, making the drive 1.20 GB free of 8.85 GB.)

Your help is greatly appreciated !

Yours,

Andrew

A:Vista unscheduled shutdown & reboots

You do not have Service Pack 1 installed (Service Pack 2 is recommended). Please visit the support website of the system manufacturer and update ALL of your drivers and programs. Then update to Service Pack 1 at a minimum (Service Pack 2 is recommended). Post back if this solves your issues.

The error messages vary a lot - most point to hard drive issues or networking issues (with most of them having memory related events).
Have you run any tests on your hard drive? http://usasma.vox.com/library/post/b...agnostics.html
Have you run any tests on your memory? http://usasma.vox.com/library/post/b...agnostics.html

I suspect the memory, due to the inconsistencies in some of the dump files. Please run the memory test ASAP and let us know the results.

Here's a summary of the BSOD's:

Code:
Built by: 6000.21023.x86fre.vista_ldr.090302-1506
Debug session time: Sat Aug 29 12:36:37.800 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:52.456
BugCheck 18, {88237ce0, 88235130, 12, 81d0a391}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!AlpcpUnlockAndDereferenceTargetPorts+78 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: WMIADAP.exe
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Debug session time: Sat Aug 29 12:39:20.377 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:36.048
BugCheck 19, {20, 888ff760, 888ffb88, 8850087}
Probably caused by : ecache.sys ( ecache!EcMemoryCacheIoRoutine+208 )
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Debug session time: Sat Aug 29 13:15:31.007 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:07.676
BugCheck D1, {4, 2, 1, 8eebb9cc}
Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip!OlmUploadConnections+b0 )
PROCESS_NAME: Idle
Debug session time: Sun Aug 30 21:44:41.918 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:21.590
BugCheck 24, {1904ab, 8e854430, 8e85412c, 81b5d1c4}
Probably caused by : fileinfo.sys ( fileinfo!FIStreamGet+11e )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: NULL_DEREFERENCE
PROCESS_NAME: System
Debug session time: Mon Aug 31 00:06:41.959 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:58.631
BugCheck D1, {0, ff, 8, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!KiTrap0E+2ac )
Debug session time: Mon Aug 31 00:09:51.885 2009 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:19.557
BugCheck C5, {4f364b4, 2, 1, 81ce99b7}
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+2b3 )

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-unscheduled-shutdown-and-reboots-409573.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Several weeks ago, I finally got my laptop running well for longer that 5 minutes. I had had McAffee free version installed, and I deleted it. I decided to download the updates I had been missing, and now my computer will not boot. It turns, says that it was shut down unexpectedly...which mode should it be in. and then it begins and suddenly shuts down, restarts and we are back at the beginning. I have tried my Toshiba Recovery and Applications/Drivers CD that came with the computer, but I can't remember which button to push, so nothing happens. Please help me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319656/laptop-with-vista-contantly-reboots/
Relevancy 44.29%

Dear All I am having some weird problems and have sought solutions from Dell: New Vista reboots facebook and no Dell and online before returning here Dell recently replaced my AMD with a new E with Intel Dual Cores I also have a ATI Radeon X Pro card with MB and New Dell: Vista reboots and no facebook GB New Dell: Vista reboots and no facebook ram I am running the pre installed Vista Home Prem So here are my problems The computer ALWAYS starts OK loads the Dell bios splash and then some dos text about the DVD drives then it reboots and I get the wondwos failed to load stuff What ever choice I select it loads OK and works But the next time does exactly the same I am running the latest Dell bios Any ideas The other issues is that I just downloaded the latest ATI CCC driver for Vista bit It was released in October ans d seem to install OK but now I can not load New Dell: Vista reboots and no facebook the CC Finally I am using Firefox and IE I have tried to load the Dell site for support and also Facebook and neither load at all But both load fine on my Dell L attitude I can not understand why they do not load on my PC but do on my laptop I wondered if it was a McAfee related thing but I have turned that all off and nothing makes a difference I would rally appreciate some help and guidance please Thanks disney cjd nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

I don't know how it's possible but it happened Must be WITHOUT Apps??? NO Vista Reboots WAY! Closing some new feature they never advertised but should The other day Vista Ultimate was nagging me to reboot after installing some updates I kept putting it off but finally it wouldn't let me put it off for as long In any event I walked away to get some lunch and when I got back my PC had been rebooted I logged back in NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? and things looked like it was starting up normally But then I see down my taskbar that I have three programs still open I'm like WTF How is this possible They were Outlook an Unsent Saved Draft of an NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? email and another Email which was just open My web browser windows and multiple tabs were all gone though OR WERE THEY I opened IE to begin getting my desktop back in order and get my email tabs all opened up when suddenly I saw that IE had all my tabs in it as soon as it loaded I could not believe this What's REALLY weird and I think is confirmation that something had happened was that I now had tabs in one IE instance whereas before I had two instances of IE cascaded horizontally on my quot widescreen displays each with tabs - one set was for email and one was for forums I frequent But now IE loaded up and I had all of these COMBINED into a single IE instance which btw I'm trying to figure out how to move tabs from one IE instance to another but there doesn't seem to be a way In any event I can not believe it still thus I'm posting this here to see if anyone else has encountered this If you don't believe me even I will try this again go and install some updates not like SP but some basic updates then wait to let it reboot and see what happens Regards Kevin

A:NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps???

Windows Vista 64 ultimate has done this to me as well. It's kinda of a feature than a problem. It opened up the last programs that were running before the shutdown. But I never had windows update reboot without me telling it to. That's a new one.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/136911-no-way-vista-reboots-without-closing-apps.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey all just made the plunge to Windows Vista Ultimate but I'm having some problems On monday morning I received my E ES CPU from USA put it in straight away and all was fine Win XP SP at the time I then picked up my new GT in the afternoon and in the evening I installed Vista Ultimate At one point late in the installation I got an error message with the options cancel retry ignore where I tried of screen installation Blue Vista reboots after 'retry' to no avail then after ignores the system booted I think this was at the point where Vista goes for it's first boot-up From then on things Blue screen reboots after installation of Vista went fine drivers were installed for the most part I completed some Blue screen reboots after installation of Vista more One driver currently wrong is Blue screen reboots after installation of Vista for the wireless D-Link DWL-G M which doesn't recognize the unit it's an XP driver Now I'm having some symptoms Occasional Blue Screen BSOD - it blinks onto screen then disappears straight away and the pc reboots Too fast for me to be able to get a code from it Occasionally the system seems to 'hang' for a second or or - I then hear some sort of 'click' coming from the pc and then things continue I'm guessing the sound comes from one of the harddisks by the sound of it On startup I get an error message 'Reg MFC Application has stopped working' Problem details show that the Event Name is APPCRASH Application name Reg exe Fault Module Name USP dll Now since I just changed several factors at once it's hard for me to figure out what the problem is here Something wrong with the CPU Something wrong with the GFX Need a stronger PSU Something wrong with Vista drivers Any suggestions welcome Can I test the CPU somehow Current PSU is a FSP Fortron W I have a Gigabyte odin GT W lying which I plan to build in later today My complete system specs are in my profile to the left Might add that I run an external water cooling Aquaduct XT from Aquacomputer

A:Blue screen reboots after installation of Vista

For more time to view a BSOD prior to reboot, disable Automatic Restart by unchecking the so named box in "Startup and Recovery". Also on the same screen, place a check mark next to "Write an event to the system log", if not already checked, to ensure Event Log viewing on the matter.

Start >> Control Panel >> System and Maintenance >> System
>> Advanced systems (left side) >> Advanced (tab)
>> Startup and Recovery

Regards. . .
jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-reboots-after-installation-of-vista-212211.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2. Within the past few weeks the system has started to freeze, crash and then reboot occassionally. Also, when it starts up, occassionally it does so with bad graphics. I used Advanced System Care (free) and it has been unable to correct the problem. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

A:Windows Vista freezes, reboots, bad graphics

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

2) Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415580/windows-vista-freezes-reboots-bad-graphics/
Relevancy 43.43%

My comp was crashing for no reason and I ended up doing a factory restore It seemed all my programs were locked up so I had no other option Windows was downloaded the McAfee reboots scan runs when Vista factory but still needs updating I reinstalled McAfee I have dialup but it won t run-it keeps rebooting over and over It closes AOL and drops then goes thru how do you want to start Vista reboots when McAfee scan runs - I say normal windows Sometimes it goes thru this or times before Windows will actually start Sometimes my Windows are frozen-pointer and all in the middle of a different any program and I have to turn my comp off I am very comp illiterate Please help I don t know if there is a virus or not Waiting Carolet Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Vista reboots when McAfee scan runs Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce NVIDIA nForce i Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN Napa Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

For the last couple weeks my computer(windows vista)has gone haywire. I've been tortured by the BSOD ,constant freezing, black screen on power up,my PC randomly restarts out of the clear blue.I frequently get error message "Windows explorer not responding" .Not sure if files are damaged or what kinda nasties I picked up along the way. But any help with diagnosing/resolving the problem would be greatly appreciated.My PC Info:Windows Vista -Home PremiumService Pack 232-bit Operating SysAMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+2.00 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce6150SE nForce 430I ran the following programs in safe mode:+Spywareblaster ---regular maintenance+Spybot search & destroy--cookies+Cleanup! --regular flush+CWShredder --not infected Results: nothing significantly found. I await further instructions.

A:Windows Vista BSOD//Freezing//Sys Reboots

I may be overlooking it (I do so often)...but i don't see where you actually have installed and run a reliable AV program.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451095/windows-vista-bsodfreezingsys-reboots/
Relevancy 43.43%

I went to turn on my new HP desktop and it gets through to the windows vista load screen, then the computer restarts. I haven't loaded anything new lately, cpu, memory and hard drive come back clean on system check. I've reverted back to last known good. I have windows defender and virus protection. Please help.

A:Windows Vista reboots at startup screen

First you need to boot into Safe Mode.

Start tapping the "F8" key as the system reboots. This should get you to a boot menu where you can select Safe Mode

Next, log on and select "yes" when it asks if you want to continue in safe mode and close the help box that automatically opens.

Click Start>RightClick Computer and select "Properties" or Start>Control Panel>Doubleclick "System"

Select "Advanced System Settings" on the left side

Select Startup and Recovery "Settings" Button

Deselect the "Automatic restart" check box and OK. (This allows you to see the error message that may explain what caused the system to reboot.)

Close everything and restart as you normally would.

Record any error message you see when the system restarts.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/193169-windows-vista-reboots-startup-screen.html
Relevancy 43%

Here s the situation I had some malware that royally messed up my computer Malwarebytes amp Friends couldn t fix it properly major problem was the Google Redirect issue So I ran ComboFix When I did a running Combofix Vista Windows continually after reboots dialog box with quot Error quot appeared I Windows Vista continually reboots after running Combofix clicked it away and then Windows Vista restarted After the restart ComboFix automatically ran and did the system check After it was done everything seemed fine Google Redirect issue seemed to be fixed I was happy I then shut my computer down but it took ages - it got stuck at the quot Shutting down quot screen and I decided to just turn the power off which was probably a mistake sorry Now whenever I try to boot Windows it reboots Safe Mode presents the same problem I uploaded the ComboFix log file Also I still have access to the file system since I have Linux running on the same machine Maybe this helps I am thankful for any help Thank Windows Vista continually reboots after running Combofix you

A:Windows Vista continually reboots after running Combofix

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346816/windows-vista-continually-reboots-after-running-combofix/
Relevancy 43%

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 with Windows Vista (sevice pack 2) and my computer has a number of booting problems. When I shut down the computer either manually with the button or with the shut down option in the start menu, the computer boots down, stays off for 5 seconds then retsarts itself. I have not been able to boot down for months. In addition, I've had tons of problems with sleep and hibernate mode - the computer restarts itself or won't go into the modes.

I've played with the power settings many times and looked up many forums advice for these settings. I also have a clean bill of health regarding viruses/spyware for the bleepingcomputer forum for sypware as of this week. Any help would be apperciated.
thanks!
jm

A:Vista Reboots Itself, Sleep/Hibernate don't work (thinkpad)

Is it still under warranty?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311145/vista-reboots-itself-sleephibernate-dont-work-thinkpad/
Relevancy 43%

Please help,

I have a HP NC6400 laptop at work,

Everytime you put it into sleep mode it reboots

Ive tried checking the power options as so may sites refer to them but i have no hibernate option

network cable unplugged same thing just reboots after screen going blank and showing some HDD activity

Please help

Relevancy 43%

As seen here at http forums techguy org windows-vista -vista-ultimate-upgrade-reboots-memory- html with the title quot VISTA Ultimate Upgrade Reboots with Memory Upgrade to GB quot I have the same exact problem I have an nForce chipset motherboard and it can handle GB of RAM GB in each slot I put in GB GB in each slot and it was fine but when I put anything Upgrade Over Memory with 2 Installed VISTA Ultimate Reboots GB over that amount such as MB or MB more then Vista won t boot It just gives me the black screen of death and the next time it just reboots It also won t enter safe mode I have tested my memory with Memtest overnight and it is fine I have no power supply issues No overheating problems All temperatures are fine The only thing I see is that Vista does not VISTA Ultimate Upgrade Reboots with Installed Memory Over 2 GB have the driver for the quot SM Bus Controller quot I don t see how that would affect the RAM issue though as that is only for quot standby quot and quot screensaver quot which I don t use I tried Windows XP and it works just fine with more than GB of RAM but not Vista If I use only GB of RAM then Windows Vista runs just fine I had read that nVidia warned people not to VISTA Ultimate Upgrade Reboots with Installed Memory Over 2 GB use GB of RAM if it is pc DDR and the remedy is to either use VISTA Ultimate Upgrade Reboots with Installed Memory Over 2 GB pc or slower OR lower the speed of the memory to or MHz in the BIOS I always run my memory at the same speed as the FSB of my Duron processor which is MHz MHz to keep the ratio and get better performance as it is recommended not to run RAM asynchronously Anyway Vista won t run with more than GB of RAM on the nVidia nForce motherboard but XP will This must be a problem with Vista I am using Vista Ultimate bit with Service Pack I even tried to install the hotfixes from Microsoft and it says I already have them installed It must have been included with Service Pack I have no idea what to do I really appreciate any advice and help Thank you Regards Paul nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Hello,my build is
mobo: MSI X58 platinum
cpu: intel i7 core 920 cpu
psu: 850W Chieftec
gpu: EVGA geforce gtx 280
ram: 2x2gb DDR3 Corsair
hdd: WDC Caviar Black 1TB
The problem is that i get random reboots and hangs with windows vista 64bit OS.I have tried with 2-3 different versions of win vista.And recently with Windows 7 RC 64-bit and then 32-bit but the problem persisted..
I visited the local retailer and they told me that it is a software problem since he installed windows xp and had 3d mark running with no error for some hours.
I installed windows xp now too and generally i dont have problems,only got 2 reboots last night but im not sure about the reason.
Anyway any1 has any idea about why i cant have vista installed?;/ i am thinking that it is a hardware problem but i dont know on which part..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-7-random-reboots-but-running-ok-on-winxp-372484.html
Relevancy 43%

For 2 years I have managed my wireless Peak router from XP Home. I have just purchased a Tosh sat pro L300-11d, dual core 2Gb mem etc running Vista home premium.

When I try to connect from IE7 under Vista, the router resets and terminates all connections. It does eventually connect to the roter login screen if I leave it long enough.

I was hoping the new machine would replace my XP but it is looking increasingl like XP is staying untill 2014!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/peak-wireless-router-reboots-if-vista-connects-310837.html
Relevancy 42.57%

hi all I have windows vista on an internal drive and ubuntu on my external although they are dependant of each other Unplugging ubuntu makes grub confused and you gives vista reboots and machine hard my randomly drives?! destroys error code and you can t then boot into vista or ubuntu I also have a drive i ve been trying to install leopard on So as follows Computer Samsung X Type laptop Ram GB Of Ram Motherboard -Manufacturer Samsung Electronics my vista machine randomly reboots and destroys hard drives?! -Model SX S Revision MP BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD -Version ZA cpu my vista machine randomly reboots and destroys hard drives?! Intel Pentium M ghz Hard Drive - gb internal running windows vista formatted as ntfs - gb external with nothing on it just remenants of failed mac os X leopard installs formatted as Mac os X extended journeled - gb external running ubuntu formatted as ext My problems -After i had installed ubuntu whenever i booted into vista it told me that windows needs to be activated and i had days to do so It counted down and now it just says hours I ve entered a new product key that MS gave us but i m still getting the hour thing This error may be caused by vista thinking it s an entirely new machine now ubuntu has cropped up -Vista decids to randomly reboot often when i m in the middle of something -Whenever i try to install something on vista i get quot invalid my vista machine randomly reboots and destroys hard drives?! drive D quot - or words to that effect Drive D would be the one ubuntu is on but of course it s formatted as ext so it s not recognised in vista - so not sure why it s been labeled drive D But the main issue is external hdds I downloaded something in ubuntu booted into vista plugged in a drive and it didn t show up It think i may have plugged it in previously to this machine but now it seemed to have completely killed it No computer recognises it This is our main external drive gb backups music Then today i plugged in another drive to transfer some files and it didn t show up in vista quot Driver install failed quot Luckily this one still works with other computers On the bright side when i plug the first one in or unplug it it does still make the familiar noises in vista ba-buh describing noises in words is hard Thanks Nappymonster nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-vista-machine-randomly-reboots-and-destroys-hard-drives.705517/
Relevancy 42.14%

Specs Gateway FX S - Tower - x Core Quad Q GHz - RAM GB - HDD x GB - DVD RW R DL DVD-RAM - GF GT - Gigabit Ethernet - Vista Home Premium - bit These are the specs I got of Amazon because I cant even Windows drive, Vista: continually hard corrupted reboots Trojan boot up this computer right now They sound right Last night my Windows Vista: Trojan corrupted hard drive, continually reboots antivirus advira popped up saying I had a Trojan and immediately started a full system scan A few seconds later Windows crashed and when I rebooted I got these Errors Critical Error Damaged hard drive cluster detected Private data is at risk Critical Error RAM memory usage is critically high RAM memory failure Critical Error Hard drive not found The rest of the Error is illegible to me i took a bad picture It looks like Locating hard drive Then I get a pop up from windows saying Windows a hard disk problem It tried to repair it windows later crashed again I tried to get the computer into safe mode by pressing F at the start up but safe mode wouldn t boot up when I clicked it It just booted up in normal mode I went into the boot up menu and did a system restore using a restore point from about days back It worked and I thought everything was fine there were no more error pop ups Then I tried addressing the problem of the virus I ran MSconfig put the computer into safe mode This is where my problem now lies The computer keeps on trying to boot up but returns to the original page just as if I had restarted the computer It stops at the windows loading screen and then the boot process starts all over again Is there a fix for this or am I looking at dropping bucks for windows Will that even help Please get back to me Thanks

A:Windows Vista: Trojan corrupted hard drive, continually reboots

Hi WillN,Welcome to Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal (VTSMR) forum. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (scanning or running other tools, updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might interfere with our fixes. In case of making changes I shall assume my assistance is not needed any more.Please tell me if you can use F8 key to get to Advanced Boot Options.Also tell me if you have a Windows Vista installation DVD.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366684/windows-vista-trojan-corrupted-hard-drive-continually-reboots/
Relevancy 42.14%

hi guys first off all let me start by saying that i did not know how to exactly describe my problem so i just gave it a shot i have a acaer aspire reboots [moved 6920 acer Vista/7] from aspire charge when [SOLVED] on laptop that suddenly started to give problems [SOLVED] acer aspire 6920 reboots when on charge [moved from Vista/7] such freezing and random restarts i tried ti do a system restore but that does not work i have tried a new installation of win - [SOLVED] acer aspire 6920 reboots when on charge [moved from Vista/7] bit but always during the installation the laptop reboots all this time i had the charer plugged in i took out the hard drive and put it in an other laptop to do the fresh install of [SOLVED] acer aspire 6920 reboots when on charge [moved from Vista/7] windows now when i try to start my aspire back up with the freshly installed windows the pc goes into a reboot loop when plugged in charger when the charger is plugged out i can use the laptop normally till the battery is drained as soon as i plug in the charger the laptop reboots again and now for the strange part when i boot in safe mode i can use the charger just fine no reboots now i am very confused if i have not described the problem well pls ask for more info thx in advance Niguel Gunther Cinema Projection amp IT TBL Cinemas

A:[SOLVED] acer aspire 6920 reboots when on charge [moved from Vista/7]

Is the A/C adapter original?

Check MSCONFIG for start-up apps related to Acer Power. Uncheck box if found -
START | type msconfig

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-acer-aspire-6920-reboots-when-on-charge-moved-from-vista-7-a-544089.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Sunday August IST HindustanTimes com India Story Small town boy reboots Microsoft GC Shekhar Chennai August He d wanted to be the next Dhanraj Pillai but the vista that destiny opened up for A Mahesh led to greener pastures in the world of technology The -year-old from small town Tamil Nadu has created a software that will add considerable muscle to Vista Microsoft s brand new operating system due for launch next year In all probability Vista will incorporate Mahesh s creation which is an image browser image editor web browser system tools and disk manager rolled into one In fact Microsoft has already validated and awarded the product BETA iBRO NET a patent protection certificate This means anyone may make use of Mahesh s product using the validation key but would need to News information Vista Town Windows Small Microsoft Reboots Boy - - pay Microsoft a royalty a part of which would reach this shy Small Town Boy Reboots Microsoft - Windows Vista - News information lad from Palayamkottai in southern Tamil Nadu The first member of his family to reach the post-graduate level Mahesh developed the BETA iBRO NET as the fifth-year project for his integrated M Sc course in computer science He chose Vista s developer platform where individuals are invited to contribute features for Vista quot For sheer conceptualisation and acumen his creation shows enormous scope and maturity It s a full fledged tool that would not only remove deficiencies in Vista but add never-seen features in the OS quot explained Dr Krishnan professor of computer science at Manonmaniam Sundaranar University who helped fine tune Mahesh s creation For example why a computer hangs remains a mystery to most But Mahesh s product can display the reasons It can also optimise the download speed of a broadband connection when needed Unlike other OS it can also display properties of all the drives in the computer simultaneously quot Before Vista is launched I plan to add more features to make my product more comprehensive quot said Mahesh whose father is a retired peon quot Such a product would take a team of at least people in a top IT company months to develop But for a student from a rural background to do all this in just months on his own is amazing quot observed N Chokkan a columnist on computer Mahesh who will soon join IBM at Bangalore is unfazed by the recognition and remains grateful to his parents and R Panneerselvam chairman of his school who waived his fees for the five-year course nbsp

A:Small Town Boy Reboots Microsoft - Windows Vista - News information

Great for him !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/small-town-boy-reboots-microsoft-windows-vista-news-information.489985/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,

I just built a computer yesterday using a Coolermaster Haf 912 case, Gigabyte 880GM-D2H motherboard, AMD Phenom II quad core 955, Crucial Ballistix 4 Gb, WD 1 Tb Scorpio blue hard drive, Cool max 700 watt PSU, DVD drive and Windows 7.

It keeps rebooting and or blue screening. I can't even have it on long enough to download updates and try to update drivers before it crashes. I checked the bios temps and they are 34c and 41c. DDR3 memory is running at 1.5v. I tried reinstalling 7 and the same issues.

It will stay on in safe mode and I also got a Ultimate Boot CD 2010 from a friend and it stays on when I ran that. I don't know too much about the disc so I ran a memtest and it passed. I ran a quick test on the WD diagnostic and that was ok.

Thanks for help in advance.
Mogoamerica

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all I recently just reinstalled vista on my pc and I've been getting many errors First and main one is the computer just turns itself on and off again all the time randomly I've changed power chord and power board but have not change the extension chord yet I'll give that a go and notify you of changes Second problem is it freezes alot and requires me to unplug it at the wall its that bad When it freezes the screen turns white and run services terminal problems, not appearing, random errors huge reboots, having Vista debug or says end process Vista having huge problems, random reboots, terminal services not run or appearing, debug errors I click end process but nothing ever happens from that Some errors I get are - Popupsyncid cfp exe-application error- The instruction at x e e x referenced memory at x f the memory could not be read Error - A runtime error has occured do you wish to debug Line Error Object required Also terminal services is not showing up in services and I am unable to install norton because of that reason Also sometimes when I boot the pc up it stays at the blue compaq logo and has white lines running through it requires yet another reboot My pc is a compaq presario desktop Prod number gf aa-abg Compaq pcsr an System - Rating Processor - Amd athlon x dual core processor ghz System type - bit operateing system Memory ram mb windows edition - Windows vista home premium If anyone could help on any of the problems it would be greatly appreciated thankyou

A:Vista having huge problems, random reboots, terminal services not run or appearing, debug errors

sounds like a failing computerthe restarting computer but could be bad hard ware(ram) or a overheating or it can be a damaged systemquote:Some errors I get are -Popupsyncid2: cfp.exe-application error- The instruction at 0x6e6e890x referenced memory at 0x0000005f. the memory could not be read.sounds like memory problemsdownload this program and run it and see if it finds any thinghttp://www.memtest.org/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255477/vista-having-huge-problems-random-reboots-terminal-services-not-run-or-appearing-debug-errors/
Relevancy 38.7%

I just finished my first build yesterday and I can't install Vista premium 64 bit! It either freezes at the "Windows is loading files" screen or it gets past that and reboots? On a few occasions, it gets past this to the Windows Vista loading screen and then freezes there. Can anyone please help me?

My Specs are:
Mobo: Asrock X58 Extreme
CPU: Core i7 920
Memory: OCZ Gold 6gb (3) 2gb sticks
Video Card: Radeon 5870
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB

A:Vista installation reboots after "Windows is loading files..."

Please have a look here http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1035406.htm and herehttp://www.vistax64.com/vista-instal...ing-files.html make sure you try everything that is mentioned as any one of the reasons can cause this issue and therefore should not be overlooked.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-installation-reboots-after-windows-is-loading-files-425161.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a home built ASUS A7N8X2 Deluxe MoBo with an AMD Athlon XP 2800+ CPU. I upgraded Win XP Pro to VISTA Ultimate with no problems other than upgrading a few drivers. It went smoothly. At the time I had 1 GB in one of 3 available slots. I attempted to add 2 GB more to occupy all 3 slots. This produced a reboot after POST as VISTA started. I rotated the the modules through all slots and finally realized that when I went beyond 2 GB it produced a reboot. During post it tests 3 GB and the BIOS displays 3 GB. I have 512MB of RAM on the video card. Any suggestions ?? I am running the latest BIOS and if I remove one GB the machine boots and runs great... ???? Ron

Relevancy 36.12%

I have a client that has this problem. I found this forum through Google and this post (http://forums.techguy.org/archive/index.php/t-270719.html) seems very similar but no good answers.
Doing F8 I turned off auto restart and got the B.S.O.D. stop c000135 telling me it was unable to locate winsrv.

After getting the stop error I found http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=885523 and thought I'd pass it along. It's different than the UMAX scanner KB article.

Going to try to recover now. Wish me luck.

Relevancy 34.4%

Hello. I have a question to the Z510.When I work on the computer and plug it to the electricity it shuts down. Not instantly. Just unexpectedly after minutes of working. I hear a "Puff" and it is off. May be the batteries defect? The "Puff" comes from the right corner where the display is. On the side of the DVD reader.When the computer ist off I can easily charge it. Hope you can help me. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z510-goes-off-unexpectedly/td-p/3342704
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a .net windows application and it is crashing unexpectedly.

I am running this in VMware VSphere(Virtual Enivironment) with windows 7 32bit in it.

Here is the error from event Viewer:

Faulting application name: app.exe, version: 1.2.3.45.6, time stamp: 0x4ce7aa85
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23455, time stamp: 0x4ce7b96e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000438df
Faulting process id: 0x22a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc2f8aad6d33e2
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: c5c13575-5f07-11e6-8672-0050569c24ff

I am stuck here from 2 weeks.
Please help me solve this issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/app-crash-unexpectedly-1155265.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey guys, just had a very annoying problem lately. I'm in highschool and my friends (co-workers) and I make websites for different people. We use AIM to communicate with one another to do certain projects and what not. My AIM will unexpectedly log off once and awhile. I have no idea why. I know it's not a virus or spyware, this happened maybe for the past year (and in that year there were many refomations). I didn't mind it much back then, but now it's annoying with the work I have to accomplish through AIM. It would just lose connection and tell me something like "Instant Messenger has lost its connection....." Has anyone else had this problem? I use SBC DSL if that helps. Thanks

Relevancy 34.4%

My wife's computer running Windows XP Pro keeps shutting down unexpectedly PC down Shuts usually after Windows loads but sometimes as Windows is loading I replaced the power supply and the heatsink but that didn't help There is no evidence of the problem in Event Viewer and she PC Shuts down unexpectedly can successfully boot into Safe Mode Any help would be appreciated Bill DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Helene at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Helene Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www foodnetwork com uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms PC Shuts down unexpectedly amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f PC Shuts down unexpectedly - d - - d f - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe mRun F D c program files belkin f d Belkinwcui exe mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun OSSelectorReinstall c program files common files acronis acronis disk director oss reinstall exe mRun Adobe Photo Downloader quot c program files adobe photoshop album starter edition apps apdproxy exe quot mRun lt NO NAME gt mRun ReminderApp c program files nova development scrapbook factory deluxe ReminderApp exe dRunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup colorv lnk - c program files colorvision utility ColorVisionStartup exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup google lnk - c program files google google calendar sync GoogleCalendarSync exe dPolicies-explorer NoSetActiveDesktop x IE amp Search IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin ssv dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL IE DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - - F - D - - D F - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll DPF Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file c windows java classes xmldso cab DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - - hxxp download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director sw cab DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF - hxxp go microsoft com fwlink linkid DPF B C E-F - A - B -C FEFEC - c program files yahoo common yucconfig dll DPF C - A - A - -F F D - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs director sw cab DPF FF - - - DA - CCA - hxxp inst c-wss com n p EN install gtdownlr cab DPF E E -C DE- FF- AE- EE F C CE - hxxp office microsoft com officeupdate content opuc cab DPF BE B F- - B- E -BB E B C - hxxp h www hp com ediags dd install HPDriverDiagnosticsxp k cab DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC - hxxp www update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client muweb site cab DPF F C-E A- C-B - B ABEEAC - hxxps h www hp com ediags dex secure HPDEXAXO cab DPF E - F- C -AB - A E D F - hxxp www nick com common groove gx GrooveAX cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF FFBE D- C C- - BD- DC B C - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get flashplayer current ultrashim cab DPF AB CE -AC F- F- -D ABCA EC - hxxps h www hp com ... Read more

A:PC Shuts down unexpectedly

Hello and to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.-----------------------------------------------------------We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREKind regardsNet_Surfer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231607/pc-shuts-down-unexpectedly/
Relevancy 34.4%

My laptop stopped after running all day. I made screen shots of the error msgs. Can someone help me fix the issue? I think it is heat related

Thanks

A:Help - Lap Shutdown Unexpectedly

See first post by P.A. Bear at http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-xp/482803-100000d1-bsod.html .

If system can boot into Windows:

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502750/help-lap-shutdown-unexpectedly/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have been having crashes of Win 1 0 ever since I installed it. Multiple per day at times. so I started keeping track of them:
Win 10 Crash Errors
Bad pool header: Ebay mail 8.14.16
5 mins later
Bad pool header: Ebay mail
5 mins later
Bad pool header: Ebay mail
Bad pool header:Yahoo Email- Then booted with disk check option
Ran: Said:"Scanning & Repairing: Computer booted
>Still having trouble<
Bad pool header: Ebay mail: 8.18.16
Started using opera 8.19.16
I notice that the only common thread was when i was on the 'net
Happy to say after installing Opera... It seems i found firefox was the trouble!

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/61367-win-10-crashing-unexpectedly.html
Relevancy 34.4%

System info:
Windows XP Athlon 64 2000 processor, 512 PC2700 Ram, Geforce 5200 Card
Chaintech Zenith 250 MB. Updated video and sound drivers.

System was working fine for over a year. A few days ago my son installed Roller Coaster Tycoon deluxe w water park expansion. Now, no matter what game we play, the system restarts automically after a half hour or so.. Ran PC fix it diagnostics and memory, motherboard and video and sound cards tested fine. CPU is not overheating as all fans are spinning and temp is staying at 26 degrees Celsius. Not sure what could be causing this issue.

Relevancy 34.4%

This started happening from yesterday but there was no report made by windows.

This is the issue reported by Problem reports and solutions today

Code:
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 16393

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini101110-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 00008884
BCP2: 83DA7768
BCP3: 83DB6780
BCP4: 00000500
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: 785a1880-b751-4407-8ac0-31a4dfbdbfa1

Minidumps and other files here upped here as Zip file.

Please help me out.

I dont know How to read minidumps

A:Shut down Unexpectedly

This one blames your Norton. Please do this:

Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus
- uninstall the Norton from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of Norton using this free tool: KB Article Not Found
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's

Also, please remove or update these older drivers that were loaded at the time of the crash. Don't use Windows Update or the Update drivers function of Device Manager.
Please use the following instructions to locate the most currently available drivers to replace the one's that you uninstall OR remove:

How To Find Drivers:
- I have listed links to most of the drivers in the code box below. Please use the links there to see what info I've found about those drivers.
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: http://www.carrona.org/drvrdown.html

Here's the older drivers (You can look them up here: Driver Reference ).
Please pay particular attention to any dated 2008 or earlier:

Code:

agp440.sys Sat Jan 19 00:32:49 2008 (47918B81) - Intel AGP Bus Filter - Driver Reference
Rtnicxp.sys Fri Jun 30 14:15:49 2006 (44A56A55) - Realtek 10/100/1000 NDIS 5.1 Driver - Driver Reference
smwdm.sys Mon Mar 28 10:19:36 2005 (42481278) - SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio driver - Driver Reference
tap0901.sys Wed Apr 25 19:53:41 2007 (462FEA05) - OpenVPN driver - Driver Reference
hmonitor45.sys Thu Apr 10 06:13:09 2008 (47FDE835) - Hardware Sensors Monitor - Driver Reference

If this doesn't fix it, then please provide us the info outlined in this post: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 6002.18267.x86fre.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458
Debug session time: Mon Oct 11 12:32:13.613 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:11:35.166
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMEVENT.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMEVENT.SYS
Probably caused by : SYMEVENT.SYS ( SYMEVENT+14a4f )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_8884
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
Bugcheck code 0000001A
Arguments 00008884 83da7768 83db6780 00000500
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/283855-shut-down-unexpectedly.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello TechSupportForum I am a new My PC restarts NEED unexpectedly... I HELP! user I have heard many good things about My PC restarts unexpectedly... I NEED HELP! this forum and that's why I registered for an account I really hope you will be able to help me My PC restarts unexpectedly... I NEED HELP! with a problem that I have for the last - months or more I cannot even remember I have a PC with the following configuration INTEL P Prescott Ghz Asus P GD Deluxe Mboard GB Ram MB and GB dimms ASUS nVidia GeForce MB if anything is missing pls tell me My PC faces a weird problem It tends to restart unexpectedly once every days or even more The most strange thing about it is the fact that it restarts when being almost idle i e when only playing music streaming from the internet or even when only downloading from the internet Due to this fact my PC usually restarts during night hours and when I wake up I realize that it had the same problem once again The most weird fact is that is may restart after many hours of being idle That means that I leave my PC idle for a couple of hours and it may restart unexpectedly after or even hours I should mention that a restart when the PC is fully used is very rare I cannot remember one such restart As I mentioned it tends to restart when I am away from keyboard It is possible that I work on my PC for a couple of days using quot heavy s w quot like solidworks matlab etc while listening to music or even downloading and it worked perfectly And then when the night came it restarted when being idle This is a clear indicator that it is surely not an overheat problem I have tried CPU burnin to search for overheat problems and my PC was OK I have tried to reinstall windows but the problem persisted I have also tried to upgrade to a newer version of BIOS but it persisted I am now desperate and don't know what to do The only message I get from Windows when the PC boots again is that a driver caused the system to restart unexpectedly I am still windering if this is a s w or even a h w problem I suppose it is a problem with the LAN card and the connection to the internet Could you pls help me Thank you

A:My PC restarts unexpectedly... I NEED HELP!

what power supply
brand
wattage
any error messages

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-pc-restarts-unexpectedly-i-need-help-269020.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello,

I need your help regarding a problem with my computer. Don't know yet if it is hardware or software related.
I am running Windows 7. The pc rebooted without giving it the shutdown/ restart command. This was a few moments ago...
Yesterday, because of some problem with electricity, the pc restarted itself. Could it be a coincidence?
Or it may be a software problem or the power source of the pc or other faulty component?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my poor English. I am not a native speaker.

A:PC rebooted unexpectedly

I take it you are not running a UPS? It's a good investment because power glitches like that can corrupt files and even hose the system files so the OS won't boot(that's the reason I bought my first UPS.)

For now I would run chkdsk /f on the system partition.

If that seems ok then I would open an elevated command prompt and run
sfc /scannow
3 times and see what it indicates.

Edit: by default the system is set to reboot on a hard error. So it could be a program error. It might not be hardware related. But see what those commands indicate before i go wild guessing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321544-pc-rebooted-unexpectedly.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi, I have an issue with XP SP2 shutting down when I least expect it. It sems a little like the blaster virus but I don't get the ntauthority message and its on XP not 98 SE.
Can anyone help.

A:XP Shuts down unexpectedly

Welcome to TSG.

Are you getting any messages after your restarts?
Check fo critical errors in Event Viewer= Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer/System, look for red X's. Double click the event, then the link and ok to send to view details.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-shuts-down-unexpectedly.315727/
Relevancy 34.4%

My Windows XP restarts from time to time Every time Windows starts I got the message quot The system has recovered from a serious error quot and Norton AntiVirus auto protect is disabled I m including hijack log and error data please help Zeca XP Win restarts unexpectedly ------------------------------------------------------------------ error signature BCCode e BCP C D BCP EDB C BCP Win XP restarts unexpectedly DCA BCP OSVer SP Product ------------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C MATLAB p webserver bin win matlabserver exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C WINDOWS System wpabaln exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe Win XP restarts unexpectedly C Program Files Win XP restarts unexpectedly totalcmd TOTALCMD EXE C DOCUME Jelena LOCALS Temp tc HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar iesearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd SUB PRD amp clcid SUB CLSID amp pver SUB PVER amp ar home R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar iesearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp pver amp ar msnhome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie amp ar iesearch O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run NAV CfgWiz C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CfgWiz exe GUID NAV CMDLINE quot REBOOT quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInit O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console HKLM O - Extra button Research HKLM O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi again I'm still having problems with my PC I'm afraid I was watching a BBC iPod programme just now shut unexpectedly down PC left the room and when I returned the PC had shut down unexpectedly It attempted to re-boot several times but it did not start up successfully so I started up in PC shut down unexpectedly safe mode which is what I am in now When in safe mode I got the following message 'Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown Windows can check online for a solution ' Problem Event Name Blue Screen OS Version Locale ID Additional info BCCode BCP FFFFFA C F BCP FFFFF F ED BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Dick AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml I did a system restore to just before I upgraded my network adaptor after which the PC re-booted as normal but got the folowing message 'System Restore did not complete successfully Your computer's system files and settings were not changed Details An unspecified error occurred during System Restore x ' Just then the screen froze and the sound became distorted Any suggestions welcome Thank you

A:PC shut down unexpectedly

Could you please upload your dmp file(s)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/82614-pc-shut-down-unexpectedly.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello. I have a question to the Z510.When I work on the computer and plug it to the electricity it shuts down. Not instantly. Just unexpectedly after minutes of working. I hear a "Puff" and it is off. May be the batteries defect? The "Puff" comes from the right corner where the display is. On the side of the DVD reader.When the computer ist off I can easily charge it. Hope you can help me. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Z510-goes-off-unexpectedly/td-p/3342704
Relevancy 34.4%

Windows
Problem: Shut down unexpectedly
Files that help describe the problem:
071013-22421-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml

A:Shut down unexpectedly

Hello and welcome Praveen mate just how old is this machine for starters?

You could try this if you can SF Diagnostic Tool - Using for Troubleshooting that is if you can get the machine running for the download.

The other thing is can you get into safe mode?? Tap F8 constantly on start up and run
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

and
Disk Check

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/298889-shut-down-unexpectedly.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Forgive me if this has already, and most likely been posted.

My windows xp spontaneously shuts down and restarts for no known reason. I can be surfing the net, using the calculator, or just plain doing nothing, and it shuts down with no warning.

I have disabled the auto restart and am gathering information on the file that is causing the problem. One file that was identified today was "ikhfile.sys".

And now I am at a total loss at to what to do next.

A:Xp Unexpectedly Shuts Down

Welcome to Bleeping Computer You are presumably blue-screening, and your computer is set to reboot whenever thathappens. Right-click My Computer/Properties.On the Advancedtab,click Settings under Startup and Recovery. Under System failure,uncheck the box "Automatically restart".Now when the problem occurs again, instead of restarting, you will get theblue screen with diagnostic information. Post back with those details formore help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/61980/xp-unexpectedly-shuts-down/
Relevancy 34.4%

My IE has been closing unexpectedly lately But it only seems to happen when I m on the website for my university which is odd What happens usually is this I ll shuts unexpectedly down IE surf to the website which is http my mun ca --- it s a web module for students I use it to access my distance ed courses I ll click on a link for one of my courses Let s say RELS Then let s say I open the quot discussions quot page It opens in a new window so that obviously in order to get back to the main RELS course page I have to close the quot discussions quot window by using the X in the right hand top corner IE shuts down unexpectedly BUT When I do that meaning to close ONLY the quot discussion quot page IE closes altogether IE shuts down unexpectedly Which is not what I mean to do I only want to close the discussion page so I can get back to the main page in order to get to another part of the site Can this have something to do with XP or something else Does anyone have any ideas as to why this could be happening Thanks

A:IE shuts down unexpectedly

Try minimizing the active window rather than closing it, does that work for you? Also try hitting alt f4 to close the active window. HTH

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/3727/ie-shuts-down-unexpectedly/
Relevancy 34.4%

Im new here and after I posted in this thread I noticed it had a green check by it problem solved and nobody will read it so I thought it might help someone if I made a thread on this If I am in err posting this Mods please delete http www sevenforums com general-discussion -pc-rebooted-unexpectedly html nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by winnseven nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by kenobi Hello nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by winnseven nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by kenobi I PC unexpectedly #2 Rebooted need your help regarding a problem with my computer Don't know yet if it is hardware or software related I am running Windows The pc PC Rebooted unexpectedly #2 rebooted without giving it the shutdown restart command This was a few moments ago Your title quot PC rebooted unexpectedly quot caught my attention I was on a Glock firearm forum the other day and PC Rebooted unexpectedly #2 got a pop up quot your PC needs fixing quot or PC Rebooted unexpectedly #2 something to that effect I didnt clik on it either ok or to close I went to task mgr and ended now Downloaded malwarebytes on another PC changed the name of installer to abc in case the suspected trojan malware on infected PC blocks install of application with malware title Sure enough I installed malwarebytes and it found and removed quot Trojan Ransom ED quot Located in C Users me AppData Roaming version dll Ever since that removal for no reason my PC REBOOTS without any input from mouse while on youtube Never has this happened before getting this trojan Also after it reboots itself while in youtube It takes about minutes to get back online to yahoo home page I am going to do a clean install as I think the trojan corrupted some software Thought I would pass this along in case someone runs into this I am still trying to find a way to quot save quot full IE mb to desktop but I am only able to get a quot run quot from saved setup utility instead of save full install great site here thanks

A:PC Rebooted unexpectedly #2

At the top of first post thread starter, you can "unsolve" your thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321889-pc-rebooted-unexpectedly-2-a.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all,

I have a pc with the following specs:

Pentium 4, 2.6ghz
1gb ram
200gb hdd
LG DVD+/- DL DVD Burner
64MB shared graphics

OS: Windows XP Home Edition SP2 with ALL THE LATEST UPDATES.

Everytime I leave the PC on say during the night, it freezes the next day. I have uninstalled and checked any virus/spyware/malware/scumware/phishware, etc etc. I have also done numerous re formats of the computer and installed up to date antivirus/firewall/registry checker and I have defragmented my hard drive. I also uninstalled any unnessary programs, used the default XP screensaver and disabled it also, all of the above actions did not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:PC freezes unexpectedly

Good evening jeffmcbride,
In these kinds of case it is probably bes to work through a series of procedural tests.
Memory is a good place to begin, obtain and make a bootable memory testing floppy or CD using the memory program from here http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp (I usually prefer memtest86 but their site seems off-line at this time.)
Boot from and run this program, accept no errors. Let it run for an hour at least.

Learn as much as possible about swelled capacitors from this site www.badcaps.net and understand that this problem is quite common, examine your macchine carefully for any sign of this problem. The capacitors should all have flat tops.

That will keep you busy for a bit let, see how you go with that.
qldit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-freezes-unexpectedly.452433/
Relevancy 34.4%

...and I do not know why. I am running win2k pro with an AMD 2400+.

I get the pop up box that says internet explorer has encountered and error and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvinience. Then it wants to send an error report to microsoft. Well after sending about a hundred of those reports, I have gotten nothing in return. There is nothing that I know of that is common to all of the instances. No heavy scripts, or images, or anything like that. I have tried to reinstall, with no result. I have deleted cookies, temp internet files and ran virus scans and found nothing.

HELP!!!

A:IE6 closes unexpectedly

might be some spyware, have u scanned 4 that?

spywares different then viruses..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie6-closes-unexpectedly-135490.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey
I didn't know where to post this, so I posted it here.
I have been having problems with my Internet Explorer. When I go on certain sites, they shut down automatically with all the other IE pages I have running. There are some sites where I have went on for a long time, and then all of a sudden they dont let me go on.

A:IE Shuts down unexpectedly

Natalie, look at the recent thread "internet disconnects accessing a specific web site". I had a similar problem and it was solved as noted. Maybe you are having the same difficulty.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-shuts-down-unexpectedly-174630.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I have reached the hypothesis that no one is shutting the computer down, it's the computer shutting itself down. Help would be greatly appreciated. This computer is brand new. Help please!

A:Shutting Down Unexpectedly

Checked your sleep settings--- ?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57157-shutting-down-unexpectedly.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Help guys
i am getting BSODs always unexpectedly, mostly while browsing or using Windows 10.BSOD never came when i am gaming even while gaming for 5-6 hours constantly.First i was getting BSOD in Windows 7 but now after installing Windows 10 Enterprise x64 i am getting much more BSODs. I have attached your the bluescreen utility file.
Help plz

A:BSOD always unexpectedly

I cant get your dump files to load properly but they are indicating a hardware error (and the fact your BSODs have transcended 7 & 10 would support this), I would start by running some basic hardware tests to prove your equipment and also consider what peripherals you have connected that could be contributing to this
Prime95
Furmark
Memtest86+

also look at testing your HDD with manufacturers software

for any other members I am seeing - pshed!_WHEA_ERROR_RECORD_HEADER in the dump files ? anyone else ?
Driver Reference Table - PSHED.dll

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/379052-bsod-always-unexpectedly.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I am looking at my IE7 addons to try to identify why I am getting random closures of the browser. (When I disable all the addons the problem disappears.)

There is a browser extension enabled with the name:
{4316B13-33F0-4C9F-BD55-09994CCFA8EB}

I would like to know what it is before I try disabling it.

(I am also attaching screen dumps as a word file that shows all the addons.)

Any suggestions welcome.

A:IE7 closes unexpectedly

Click Here to download ToolbarCop. Save it to your desktop.
Go to your desktop and extract toolbarcop.zip.
Go to the extracted files
Double click on Toolbarcop.exe
Click on the notepad symbol:
A notepad file should pop up, please copy and paste Everything from the notepad file and paste it back into this thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-closes-unexpectedly-526098.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello all,

Please help me!!!. My PC is shutdown unexpectedly with any warning. This mostly happen while I am open any flash animated websites, media player, movie, buffering through internet etc... Before shutdown the CPU fan rotating in very high speed.

I don't know wheather the problem of Power supply or Graphic card?

I am using a HP compaq PIV -Intel motherboard-

Thanx,

A:PC shutdown unexpectedly

what size Power supply do you have in watts ...if its not 450 watts or higher then I suspect it is the power supply....

have you checked the heat sink and cooling fan for the CPU are clean if not blow it clean with a can of compressed air....to make sure cpu is not overheating...and causing shutdown...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-shutdown-unexpectedly-390652.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Windows 7 Professional
- 32 bit
- the original installed OS on the system? Windows Vista
- an OEM or full retail version? OEM
- What is the age of system (hardware)? 2-3 years
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) Yes i reinstalled windows many times. Last time i installed it 1 month ago.

A:unexpectedly BSOD

Obsolete drivers are causing your crashes.

1. Your system is out of date, please run Windows Updates and install all recommended updates(including Service Pack 1).
Note that Acer doesn't officially provide any Windows 7 driver for your system model.

2. Update your Conexant SoftK56 Modem Driver
Conexant: Support

3. Update your AMD/ATi Display driver
ATI Catalyst

4. Update your Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet NDIS6.0 Driver
Broadcom.com - Ethernet NIC Driver Downloads

Code:
VSTCNXT3.SYS 0x99222000 0x992d7000 0x000b5000 0x48f68ad9 16/10/2008 04:29:13
VSTAZL3.SYS 0x98e2a000 0x98e67000 0x0003d000 0x48f68b0b 16/10/2008 04:30:03
VSTDPV3.SYS 0x98e67000 0x98f69000 0x00102000 0x48f68b84 16/10/2008 04:32:04

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000002f, memory referenced
Arg2: 000000ff, IRQL
Arg3: 00000000, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: 82c90022, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 82db4718
Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 82d94160
0000002f

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

FAULTING_IP:
nt!CommonDispatchException+56
82c90022 6681380fa9 cmp word ptr [eax],0A90Fh

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: iexplore.exe

TRAP_FRAME: 9fe6fc5c -- (.trap 0xffffffff9fe6fc5c)
ErrCode = 00000000
eax=0000002f ebx=82c925bd ecx=8549e368 edx=82c8d2dd esi=00000001 edi=8549e368
eip=82c90022 esp=9fe6fcd0 ebp=9fe6fcd0 iopl=0 nv up di pl nz na pe nc
cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010006
nt!CommonDispatchException+0x56:
82c90022 6681380fa9 cmp word ptr [eax],0A90Fh ds:0023:0000002f=????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 82c90022 to 82c927eb

STACK_TEXT:
9fe6fc5c 82c90022 badb0d00 82c8d2dd 00000000 nt!KiTrap0E+0x2cf
9fe6fcd0 00000000 badb0d00 82c8d2dd 00000000 nt!CommonDispatchException+0x56
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!KiTrap0E+2cf
82c927eb 833dc4fada8200 cmp dword ptr [nt!KiFreezeFlag (82dafac4)],0

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!KiTrap0E+2cf

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrpamp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4a5bc007

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xA_nt!KiTrap0E+2cf

BUCKET_ID: 0xA_nt!KiTrap0E+2cf

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/212950-unexpectedly-bsod.html
Relevancy 34.4%

hi! im using dial up connection to connect to the internet. my problem is after i closed or got disconnected my dialer kept on dialing even if i already closed it or have not click on it. it keeps on popping up & is quite annoying.

anyone knows how to stop it?

thnks in advanced!!

flashroiem

A:pc shuttingdown unexpectedly

hi! few hours earlier my pc suddenly shutdown without a warning. i turn it on again only to shutdown again after a couple of minute. sometimes it closed after one beep sound. sometimes no sound at all it just shutdown by itself. could it be bec. of the virus that i think penetrated my system yesterday? here are the list of viruses; bloodhound.morphine, w32.HLLW.Gaobot & 2 others i 4got to write down. im using norton 2004 & its updated. i also have ad-aware SE personal updated also, spybots and hijack this tools. i also downloaded removal tool for the specified virus on norton wbste. I was only able to removed the W32.HLLW.Gaobot virus. I wasnt able to clarify whether my av was able to clean all viruses from my system.
what should i do to clean my pc from all these viruses and spyware?

so far its been almost 1 1/2 hrs. and my pc seems okay.

hope you can help me with this.

thank you.

flashroiem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/pc-shuttingdown-unexpectedly-70052.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I am getting this error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFF881A50885A0
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF88006AEFC75
BCP4: 0000000000000005
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

How can I fix it?

Thanks
R

A:My HP shuts down unexpectedly

Please provide more information.

1.) Has anything in your system changed recently?
2.) Have you installed any new software/hardware?
3.) Explain in full detail what happens, thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/312809-my-hp-shuts-down-unexpectedly.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi everyone. I recently received a new laptop from my company. It is a Lenovo X61 running XP with IE 7.0 installed.

here's the problem. Say I am on a newspaper web site. I keep the main browser page open and right click to open a new tab to read a story. This is easier than opening up a story and having to go back to the main page after I read it. After the 7th or 8th time, IE just closes and anything I had in the tabs is gone.

It will also shut down unexpectedly after browsing thru 6 or 7 different web sites.

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it does not fix the problem.

thanks in advance for help.

A:IE 7.0 Shuts Down Unexpectedly

Hello and welcome to TSF

Do you have these problems in any other browsers? Please try one of the below (both are free):

Firefox
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
Opera
http://www.opera.com/[/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-7-0-shuts-down-unexpectedly-226775.html