Windows Support Forum

Help!!! Trouble burning DVDs

Q: Help!!! Trouble burning DVDs

Hi, I've recently been trying to burn some movies onto DVD but with both windows dvd maker and nero 7 the program stops working when i add the video files, does anyone kno what the problem is.

This is the application crash log for Windows DVD Maker :

Faulting application DVDMaker.exe, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x479193d1, faulting module ac3filter.acm_unloaded, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x46c6a5b4, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x042bb5ed, process id 0x18f4, application start time 0x01c9150b75b891e1.

And this is the log for Nero:

Faulting application NeroVision.exe, version 4.7.0.16, time stamp 0x455d63b8, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0754b5ed, process id 0x125c, application start time 0x01c9150bad7d9bc1.

If anybody is able to shed light on the issue it would be much appreciated.

Thank You. Sam.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-trouble-burning-dvds.749353/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Help!!! Trouble burning DVDs

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 30.1%

I recently bought a Windows DVD to put it on the new PC I'm building for my mom. That PC has troubles with the DVD drive itself (stupid motherboard doesn't have IDE..), so I figured I'd set up a bootable USB to install Windows before the adapter arrives. Problem is, the installation DVD isn't playing on my drive (I tried another DVD with a movie on it before, so I don't think its my drive). I brought it to a PC shop and for them it worked fine, even though its quite scratched on the back (I guess the person selling those DVDs doesn't know how to ship them properly) I didn't wanna pay 20 bucks for them copying the DVD, even though I'll probably end up having to do that.

Any ideas what the problem is, or what I can do? I'm not sure if the DVD will work in my moms drive either..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-works-with-other-drives-but-not-mine-while-other-dvds-work.216661/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey ya so I'm having pretty much the same problem and I'm not finding anything you guys are talking about. Here's my problem. Like the rest of you I'm having troubles with recording the audio from my computer using the stereo-mix setting in audacity. This occurs only when my usb microphone is plugged in. I understand that it has something to do with changing the inputs or outputs or something I'm just having trouble understanding where those are on my computer. My setup is this. I'm running on a laptop that has windows technical preview. My microphone is directly plugged into my laptop via usb (obviously) and my headset plugged directly into the microphone. If someone could please tell me step by step where to go on the computer and what to do to fix this so that I can have my microphone plugged in and also record my computer that would be great. I know this is over 2 years old but I'm hoping someone sees this and is able to help.

A:Trouble recording audio

I am surprised no one has replied to this yet, but no worries, I will do my best to help solve your problem

So from the sounds of it, you are having troubles with Audacity noticing your Microphone to record audio. Now, I have never used this program before, but from the sounds of it the only thing you are missing is setting your headset/microphone to the default in windows.

Now, I have not used Windows Technical Preview either, but based on how window's has operated since Windows Vista I am going to say it's safe to assume I could point you in the right direction to the very least.

To start, in the bottom right hand corner (Near your time) you have icons. One of them should look like a speaker, right click it and select "Recording Devices" In here you should have the option to make your Microphone the Default device.

Another way to get to this option if it's no longer accessible the way I described is to go to Control Panel, if you have the option in the upper right hand corner of the screen that says "View by:" and change it to large or small icons. There should now be one just called "Sound" in there go to "Recording" at the top.

Now in this window, find out which one is your device, easiest way is to make sure the mic is not muted (a lot of headsets have a mute button on them) and just speak into the mic, you should see the bar fill with a bit of green when you're taking, this indicates it's picking up sound. Set the "Default" to the headset you are using and then close and reopen Audacity (most of the time if the program is open when you change the default, it wont pick up on it)

let me know if any of that worked, didn't work, or you have any trouble finding what I have mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-recording-audio.208161/
Relevancy 30.96%

Info only, unless it's free, no formatting will be done. I'm only curious if a write protected dvd/cd can be formatted? Yes, I tried but that is when it said it can't be done since its write protected but I had to ask in here anyhow, thanks

A:Formatting a DVDs/cd

Well, is does have to be labeled "RW", otherwise the information is written in stone and forever. CD-R and DVD-R can't be reused.

If it is either CD-RW or DVD-RW, I would think you can use administrative permissions to enable rewrite. (Actually reformat, and then rewrite).

Files from other computers are often write protected by the receiving computer, to avoid possible malware or such. In the case of image files, Photoshop will simply ignore the write protection and continue on its merry way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/formatting-a-dvds-cd.207848/
Relevancy 22.79%

Ive got a 2 yr old laptop that my parents bought for me at walmart of all places. I basically just use it for facebook, facebook games, and email. havent had any real issue til now. at first, when it was plugged in it would start up and let me log into windows but would immediately shut down. later it started going through a disk check when I turned it on and would shut off before it was complete. if the power cord was connected it would have a big red x over the power cord logo on the bottom right. I was going to factory reset it but I cannot get that far before it shuts off. bettery is fine and power cord is good. had them both tested. PLEASE HELP!!! IM VERY POOR SND CANNOT TAKE IT TO A REPAIR SHOP!! tyvm

A:Hp laptop w/ windows 7 trouble

It won't stay on long enough to do anything so this doesn't look promising. Have you tried removing the battery and just using the power brick?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-w-windows-7-trouble.207751/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey guys, I was recently in the malware section, because my laptop had some problems and could not connect to the internet. Broni was very awesome and helped me clear my laptop up, but we still couldn't get it to connect to the internet. He advised me to come here for help.

I will link the previous thread, because there are some log files toward the end I think would be much more helpful than me explaining problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infected-laptop.206911/page-2#post-1444892

Thank you so much for any help.

A:Trouble connecting to internet (Windows 8)

Can you try to re-install the WiFi driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-connecting-to-internet-windows-8.207500/
Relevancy 21.5%

I m trying to configure Surround Sound but Realtek doesn t seem to be installing and it s configuring speakers driver 5.1 Realtek Trouble Sound; issues Surround to driving me nuts I have installed the driver provided by Gigabyte for my motherboard Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues and it s not doing anything It installs asks me to restart the PC but nothing is Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues there OS is Windows -bit Gigabyte says that my motherboard supports both and Surround Sound so I don t understand why I can t configure my speakers to run it only lets me use Stereo Device manager only shows High Definition Audio Device and Control Panel doesn t show Realtek at all Realtek Audio Manager doesn t appear either it s not in the system tray icons where I would usually find it Even searching for Realtek brings up nothing other than all the drivers I have downloaded to see if they would work Link to motherboard s Realtek driver as provided by Gigabyte http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid dl Link to motherboard s specification http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid sp Image showing my device manager gt sound http gyazo com ad b bd e ae a Any ideas as to what the problem is I can t seem to find anything audio related in BIOS either nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-configuring-speakers-to-5-1-surround-sound-realtek-driver-issues.206888/
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm using an ASUS X54C laptop, Windows 7. For some reason my CD drive will not read/start any CD Rom programs or a DVD. I never had this issue before. Before this happened, I sent in my laptop for repair 1 month ago at Geek Squad/Best Buy due to a Blue Sceen error and now I recently discovered this just today. Not sure if they had anything to do with it or not, but I'm just speculating.

I did take a look in my device manager and it seemed to be a problem relating to a DVD driver. Anything I can do to resolve this?

A:Laptop not reading CDs/DVDs

Looks like Windows doesn't like whatever driver is installed for your drive. You can try finding the drivers for your DVD drive and reinstalling them. You could also have Windows try and find the right drivers for you by going back to the Device Manager > DVD/CD-ROM drives > Right-Click on the drive > Properties > Driver > Update Driver > Search automatically for updated driver software.

Evidently, Microsoft has an app that is for DVD/CD-ROM driver issues. Check it out at your own risk: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/en-us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-not-reading-cds-dvds.187258/
Relevancy 22.79%

My HP Pavilion G has been into geek squad twice now and each time it has come home and worked seemingly okay for about a week and I have problems with it again In the beginning of it all whatever has infected my computer corrupted USB drives I ended up USB ports trouble me giving putting the files back on the computer as it had some important school documents If USB ports giving me trouble it helps the USB drives were lexars I have also been experiencing problems with a portable mouse Logitech where it will simply not USB ports giving me trouble work When I try and shut it down in the start menu It will fail and give me a blue screen with quot USB BUGCODE DRIVER quot scrawled near the top in all caps It will also when on have lines move up and down it Like I said before geek squad has looked at this twice and hasn t solved the problem to a full extent Since it happened during the time that it quit working for the last time I downloaded quot Monaco quot on the steam store on a whim because it looked fun and it was free When I gave it access to my hard drive and launched it it froze up and I had to use Ctrl Alt Delete to get the screen to go back to being normal This is when the mouse quit working and no buttons on the keyboard worked I shut it off using the power button and when I started it the mouse didn t work This confused me because I thought the Steam store was secure I have also tried to reset it to the day before it went foobar using the system reset but it gives me the same USB BUGCODE blue screen each time I try because it has to shut down without the power button even in safe mode the same thing happens I really need my mouse to work for the games that I play having to use the touch pad for games like Skyrim is the most irritating thing I ve ever experienced I also need the USB drives to work for school projects and papers I haven t seen anything helpful on the internet so far and I really don t want to pay for another useless visit to geek squad Thank you for your time nbsp

A:USB ports giving me trouble

Your drivers are corrupt. You can uninstall them and let windows reinstall them. This may fix the problem . But if the usb ports are bad. You will get the same problem back. You can also try a restore point to when the computer or laptop usb ports were working fine. I hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-ports-giving-me-trouble.201433/
Relevancy 22.79%

Well, I just put my pc together and I turned it on, it starts out fine but then to power supply fan turns off and the power supply and the system shuts off after about 3 seconds

A:PC Build Trouble

Can you give a little more detail, about what you are building and how you went about putting it together. A description of all your parts and a list of all the power connections would be a good start.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-build-trouble.199282/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi,

Since I went to win8 my DVD drive does not read dvd's that I formated (in XP) & copied files in them, although they are read by the Vista Laptop's drive.

It reads program DVDs, even the ones I backed up in dvd's (formated in XP) of my own.

I noted that the DVD drive ist shown in win explorer if you click on "computer" but, not shown among the system drives, unless a program dvd is inserted.

Can you solve my mystery please.

Home build, Asus P5K Premium WiFiiFi Intel,
Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 95W 2.4GHz, OCZ Vendetta Cpu Cooler,
2x2GB, 240-pin DIMM, DDR2 800 (400mhz) PC2-6400,
EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX KO 512MB GDDR3 (PCI-E),
Seagate Barraguda sata 250gb, Corsair TX750M Psu, X45, XPhome/Win8

A:DVD drive not reading DVDs

Is the driver for the DVD loaded? Since this home built system. When you put in pre-recorded store purchased DVDs does it read those. What software are you using to read the DVDs. Try VLC make sure you have the video/audio codecs loaded for that Windows 8 box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-not-reading-dvds.197362/
Relevancy 30.1%

OK I have upgraded my PC to a new FX 8350 and a FX 7970 ! I started battlefield 3 and all was good till I got to the part ware blackbern was being interrogated you herd the slamming and the chairs screeching not no voice. I was not happy next I put in a dvd same thing sound no voice. I up dated my drivers tried VLC and no voice I have voice in actual game play but not in cinematic as well when streaming video you tube/netflix. '-'

A:No voice only sound on DVDs and games?

Do you have your audio set to 5 speaker or something?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-voice-only-sound-on-dvds-and-games.195004/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello, I've been recently attempting to recover data from several old laptop hard drives (old as in ranging from 1-4 years) the most promising old drive which is about 3 years now has now decided to be less promising. It will show up in the BIOS and Windows (7) explorer for about 2 minutes before disappearing and and then reappearing another 2 minutes later. It is making very gentle ticks now and then but that's all. I know it still has most of the data I need on it to recover as I've managed to keep the harddrive in a sort of stasis long enough to run data recover software to preview some of the before it cuts out again. Could someone please help me diagnose this problem preferably without referring me to some data recovery company of course. Thankyou

A:Trouble with Toshiba Hard drive

Hey FieryDove. A ticking sound that wasn't always there during normal drive operation is an indication that something is mechanically wrong with the drive, and no software can fix a mechanical problem. I would save whatever data you can ASAP when the drive is visible then trash it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-toshiba-hard-drive.193095/
Relevancy 22.79%

I am working with Trouble Ethernet with Controller a Dell laptop N Win this problem just started recently and is driving me nuts It will hook up to my WiFi just fine but not the internet other computers on the same network can access the internet I did try downloading an updated driver from Dell off another computer via thumb drive with no luck It worked fine a week before never any trouble Did all the normal steps Clean and Defrag ran a Virus Scan tried to restore to an earlier date but would Trouble with Ethernet Controller not restore If I go into Device Manager it shows Network Connections just fine Below that is Other Devices with Ethernet Controller under that with a yellow eclamation point If I click on it it says device is not installed I tried doing a ping test in command prompt no luck tried resetting the TCP IP but tells me I need to switch to administrator there is only one user I went into Internet Options and it is set for Broadband connections but will not allow me to make any changes Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Trouble with Ethernet Controller

By sound of it your ethernet controller driver is missing go to dell website I think www.dell.co.uk/support and download latest ethernet controller driver straight from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-ethernet-controller.192760/
Relevancy 22.36%

My fullscreen monitor died and I had to buy a monitor new on trouble resolution Having setting widescreen new monitor which unfortunately ended up being a widescreen because it s all that s available now Having trouble setting resolution on new widescreen monitor Now I m having trouble setting the resolution on it The resolution I ve been using on my fullscreen monitor was x and the way things looked at this res was PERFECT for me The resolution itself looks OK on the widescreen apart from all objects appearing stretched since that resolution is really for a fullscreen ratio Having trouble setting resolution on new widescreen monitor So I increased the resolution but no Having trouble setting resolution on new widescreen monitor matter which setting I choose everything looks somewhat blurry This goes for pretty much all the ones available x x x x x x x It s not until I get to the absolute highest resolution x where things appear sharp and also in porportion Unfortunately everything on the screen is waaaaay too small I know I can increase the size of icons fonts etc but everything else appears too small too like images functions inside software etc So I set the resolution back to x where everything appears in the size I like them and I was going to change the screen size on the monitors OSD settings shrinking the screen horizontally which I imagined would give me accurate porportions I don t mind that I would get two black bars on the sides if that is what it takes but when I try the OSD system ironically skips over the size position settings go figure the highlight just literally just jumps from Brightness down to Color settings all the ones having to do with screen size and position are greyed out So please can someone help me out I want - Things to appear in their accurate porportions - Be the same size as they are in x resolution That goes for EVERYTHING not just fonts and icons for example I want movies to play in that resolution I want pictures to be displayed that large when I open them and so on if the only way to do this on a widescreen monitor is by having black bars on the sides then so be it just tell me how I can get to those settings since they re not selectable on my new Dell monitor Please try to stick to helping me on what my dilemma is not ask quot why do you want to do that quot etc This is the resolution I am used to and I can t work as efficiently in this horrible x setting when everything is so tiny I would really appriciate any tips Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Having trouble setting resolution on new widescreen monitor

Hmm; focus on getting the SYSTEM to display correctly first and then fuss with videos last.

My laptop is running at 1366-768 (recommended) for my wide screen display. I would presume your list of resolutions shown do not include 1366-768 (that's dependent upon the video driver + the monitor), so first attempt to get an updated driver for your video adaptor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-setting-resolution-on-new-widescreen-monitor.191691/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, my brother just bought an FX4100, it runs at idle 38C and at full load it runs 58C is that normal with the stock cooler?

He has tried using ASRock OC tuner to overclock but if he does even just a little the computer becomes unstable.

He is using Windows 7 x64 and an ASRock N68C-GS FX motherboard, with a 650W PSU.

Is it even possible to OC with the stock cooler?

Could the instability be caused because I replaced the mobo, cpu, and ram without reinstalling windows?

Could it be because the cpu pins were slightly bent and I had to unbend them?

Thanks

A:FX4100 OC trouble

The stock cooler should be good enough for a small amount of overclocking. But, not for anything slightly serious.

The instability probably wasn't caused by the slightly bent pins. But, you're lucky it still works at all if the pins were indeed bent.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fx4100-oc-trouble.191456/
Relevancy 30.96%

I found a CD/DVD today NOT in its cover & am wondering if it was put in a CD/DVD player NOT hooked up to a computer or internet, could it / would it infect or damage a CD/DVD player only hooked up to a tv if it "was" infected? I know I won't try it on my pc's, but am curious, thank you.
I have every intention of destroying it either way, but I'm just curious.

A:A question about CDs/DVDs

As long as the CD/DVD player isn't hooked up to something with a storage solution it should be all fine!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-question-about-cds-dvds.191097/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have a Gateway E series 4100. I am trying to install Microsoft Office 2010 but the dvd drive will not even recognize that there is a disk in the drive. I cleaned the drive but it took several tries of opening and closeing the drawer in order for it to recognize the cleaner. I have installed other software recently with no problem. It looks as thought it is trying to read it but cant.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:DVD-ROM will recognize some DVDs but not others

Very likely just an old dying drive. My typical advice is to try and boot off a bootable dvd because that rules out a software conflict. But in your case, it works with some disks and not others, so this wouldn't tell you much, unless you could find a bootable disk that isn't working in Windows.

I think your best bet is to just replace the entire drive, you can get them for less than $20.

Alternatively, if you have a computer that can read the disk, you can just copy all the contents (including hidden files/folders) over to a flash drive, then install the software that way. This won't work with certain copy protected disks (commonly games and movies) but it would work with Office.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-rom-will-recognize-some-dvds-but-not-others.179819/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi,

My laptop DVD drive (HP CDDVDW TS-L633N) does not play DVDs but it does play CDs. My laptop is HP G62-107SA, Windows 7. I have tried Microsoft fixit but to no avail. Can anyone help me fix this or do I need to replace it?

Many thanks,

Leadbelly.

A:My drive reads CDs, but not DVDs

Doesn't play dvds or doesn't read dvds? There is an important difference in those 2.

I'm going to assume you meant it can't read dvds. If that is the case, if you have a bootable DVD, such as a Windows install dvd, try to boot from that. That will tell you if it is a hardware issue or software issue.

DVD and CD use different lasers, occationally one or the other will die leaving you with a drive that only does one of the two. So that may have happened here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-drive-reads-cds-but-not-dvds.190329/
Relevancy 22.36%

I ve got two monitors a Dell SE WFP and a MICROTEK c My video card is a Asus Radeon HD and I m trying to connect them using an adapter splitter cable The video card supports a HDMI DisplayPort and a DVI connector My splitter s end piece is a DVI then it goes to a VGA and another DVI The Dell is a DVI the Microtek is a VGA The with monitors adapter/splitter Trouble dual using an problem is it only picks up one monitor Here s what it looks like in the Screen Resolution As you can see it shows there s two Dells being listed If I unplug the dell on startup and let only the microtek load up Trouble using dual monitors with an adapter/splitter the screen is there but when I plug in the dell afterwards it turns off the microtek and leaves just the dell on There s no drivers available for the Microtek so it labels it as a generic nopnp monitor could that be the issue I ve tried also messing around with AMD Vision Engine Control which is my video card s software Any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Trouble using dual monitors with an adapter/splitter

You can't display two different video feeds using a splitter. You need to buy another monitor and use two physical outputs on your graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-using-dual-monitors-with-an-adapter-splitter.189924/
Relevancy 21.93%

My computer wiz of a brother moved across country! Im not a computer wiz but can follow instructions well! IF anyone would like to guide me in the right direction I would appreciate it! thank you!

He can get wireless signal, and at times access the internet for a few minutes, then he is booted again! My brother suggested we install Chrome for him, did so last night! Now I receive messages server cant be found, bc the DNS lookup failed!

A:Trouble getting father's computer online wirelessly! DNS look up failed!

It's not a browser issue - - it's the TCP settings

get a command prompt (btw which version of windows?)

enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt

on your follow-up, attach the file myTCP.txt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-getting-fathers-computer-online-wirelessly-dns-look-up-failed.189000/
Relevancy 22.79%

I just got a new case and PSU and installed all of my old parts in it Upon pressing the power button for the first time the LEDs and fans received power for a short less than a second amount of time power Trouble button with then it went dead After that pressing the power button did nothing Until I switched off my PSU and waited for the motherboard s power indicator to go dead Upon switching my PSU on again the power button did the same thing working once than nothing I did and hour or so of trouble shooting by checking Trouble with power button wires then ultimately rewiring everything from scratch Same result Tried with old PSU same result At this point I m assuming the worst I somehow fried my board although I m not sure how I m still clinging to the hope that somehow one of the other parts is causing this Like maybe the case or motherboard detects something wrong and prevents itself from turning on When I get home I ll try the power button on the motherboard I kind of forgot that one existed Give any help you can even if that means suggesting a good motherboard with LGA for under Here s my build Case NZXT Guardian PSU Raidmax W RAM Corsair GB x GB Graphics Card GeForce GTX ti HardDrive TB Seagate Barracuda hardly relevant but whatever Motherboard Asus P H -M PRO CPU Intel Core i nbsp

A:Trouble with power button

Update: I have some new theories that I like much better than a fried motherboard.1. I might be overpowering my build (easy fix, just switch PSU to low power mode). 2. Circuit protection: Detected a problem with wiring the first time, and prevented booting. Could fix itself if I leave it alone for a while, and take out the BIOS battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-power-button.188774/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi everyone.
I have a drawing tablet "Wacom Bamboo MTE-450A" connected through a USB port.
never had any problems with it, lately it started "connecting" and "disconnecting" making this USB plug/unplug sound, just like it was physically disconnected an dosnt get any power, even if im not using it or moving it, and its getting worse to a point where now its mostly "off".
I changed cables and changed the port it was connected to, I also reinstalled the drivers, and there is no change.
I tested it on a different computer and it seems to work properly! other devices connected to my PC through USB seem to work well (keyboard and mouse).
I have a new computer so I believe its not to blame (hardware-wise)

im lost, any advice would be appreciated.

A:USB device trouble

The tablet may not getting enough power from the new computers USB ports. Check the computers bios to make sure that the Legacy USB settings are enabled

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-device-trouble.188435/
Relevancy 26.66%

I use DVD-R for almost a month only thing on it is pictures and word doc so nothing can go to wrong I do back ups I would say almost times a week I have use this DVD-R for almost a month and every thing is working okay Now gone showing burning wrong DVD disc nothing now on the sessions some thing gone wrong When I click start computer DVD drive it shows no DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing files nothing It like the files got DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing deleted or it cannot see the files When I right click on the drive and click on properties it shows MB used and that is about right I don t know what to do it like the files got deleted or it cannot see the files But the properties it shows MB used that about right I was using windows vista built in burning software This all stop working after I copy an paste folder to other folder on the disc I than tried Nero the basic burning software and when in Nero burning software I click on analyze disc it shows sessions and MB used and that is about right I than tried to make copy of bad disc When I click copy disc it copies it and than tells me to put in new disc and copies to it but it is still not showing up when I click on start computer DVD drive So it seems it still there but for some reason it cannot see it nbsp

A:DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing

Burning multiple sessions to a DVD-R disk is most likely the problem. (Ideally, you should be using an external hard drive to backup) You should use DVD-RW, rewritable, disks and just burn everything in one session, close the disk; then move onto next DVD-RW, burn everything, close disk. continue this until you are back to the original disk in a rotation, then erase the disk, and continue on.
As for why you cannot see data on the DVD-R disk, it's most likely because of the multiple sessions. On a DVD-R or +R disk you should burn once, and be done with it. You might be able to recover data with a 3rd party program, but since it's optical media my hopes are not high. Be sure to have the "show hidden files & folders" option ticked on so maybe, if the files are hidden on the DVD-R disk you might be able to see them.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I hope this helps you in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-gone-wrong-now-disc-showing-nothing.184420/
Relevancy 22.36%

OS Windows Ultimate SP -bit PC Compaq Laptop Intel Dual CPU GHz Network Adapters Atherose AR WiFi Adapter Microsoft Virtual Miniport Adapter Wireless Router Belkin Trouble In normal windows start up with wireless router on and internet connected The system will run very slow sluggish programs will hang or not Wireless trouble network connection open not responding This includes the task manager Browsers will not open or operate normally The system will not operate normally If you press the WiFi connection button on the laptop next to the power button it will turn from blue on to orange off then will turn right back on by it s self will not Wireless network connection trouble stay off Have tried I have started the system in Safe Mode with Networking The system runs normally programs open close browsers operate normally and the WiFi connection button operates normally Note I have another laptop that uses the Belkin wireless router with no trouble I have shut off Avast Antivirus and Zone Alarm Firewall eventually uninstalled Zone Alarm Went to the Device Manager and updated Disabled and Enabled Network Adapters restarting OS of course No help I have deleted the Belkin Wireless Network Connection restarted the OS then created a new connection No help I have posted in the Forums thinking it was a Virus Trojan or other Nothing was found and was referred to this section of the Forum Any suggestions Thanks Linda nbsp

A:Wireless network connection trouble

programs will hang or not open ( not responding ). This includes the task manager. Browsers will not open or operate normally. The system will not operate normally.Click to expand...

hmm, that sounds like other issues than just WiFi - - did someone have you run the standalone MSRT?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-trouble.183790/
Relevancy 22.36%

Fine using a wired ethernet connection, but when we attempt to use wireless no connection what so ever. Both laptops are running windows 7. Really am stuck and have no clue how to do much computer wise. Tell me what you need and how to do it and i'll post otherwise this is all I have atm.

A:Having trouble getting a connection for LAN gaming over wireless

Please post ipconfig results with wired connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-getting-a-connection-for-lan-gaming-over-wireless.177854/
Relevancy 26.66%

Occasionally I will get errors in my event viewer when I burn a music dvd or data disc. The errors are, device cdrom has a bad block and nvgts errors. If nvgts is to do with nvidia then what would that have to do with my dvd writer? I noticed after that dvd was made it had a cyclic redundancy check errors on it and it was a brand new disc. Also it gave me crc errors and the same errors in event viewer of cdrom and nvgts when trying to copy the disc contents to the hard drive. What I don't get is what would cause these errors when burning a disc and how did a brand new disc get crc errors? If anyone can help me that would be great. Thank You!

A:Errors when burning discs

Replace it. Asus, LG, Lite-On, Samsung, Plextor, and Pioneer all have DVD-RW optical drives in the $18 to $30 price range. Why put up with a troublesome unit when they are so inexpensive.
Optical drives, DVD-Rw drives wear out quickly... depend on it to fail within a year, and if used a lot it can fail in five months.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/errors-when-burning-discs.177687/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello everyone

I'm having a problem with my DVD burner... actually I've had it for almost two years now, but I only decided that enough is enough with this thing and I want to find a solution for it.

The long and short of it is this. Whenever I try to burn something on my DVD, it fails at the end and gives me an 'input/output' error and ejects the DVD. I have no idea why this happens. I should note that my DVD drive is fine otherwise, it can play DVDs and CDs without any problem. If anyone needs any additional information, I even saved the log-file that the my DVD burning software saved after it was finished.

Can anyone lend a hand? Thanks in advance.

A:Input/output error when burning DVDs

What software are you using? Try CDBurnerXP, it's free.
Also, try a different manufacturers DVD's.
And you could look for a firmware update for the drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/input-output-error-when-burning-dvds.177467/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi everyone,
My name is Amanda, mommy of 2. Know some about computers but not everything and I don't know how to fix this. I have been using my burner just fine for days, now all of a sudden it's saying Wrong Volume, some type of error message like that. It has said that before with please insert Audio cd or it will say some other weird insert the file name.
So I'm not sure what's going on. What happen from a few days ago to now? I've been having this problem for the last couple of days now & I just got this computer like a week ago. So I'm trying to see if I just need to take all my stuff off of here (which isn't a lot) And just get a different computer.

Help please!!!

Amanda Webb
Thanks for reading and if you can help I really appreciate it. :wave:

A:Burning & then says wrong volume

Describe the computer, and whether a desktop or laptop... and tell us how frequently you burn items to a disk. Those units do wear out, and are one of the high volume failures on some computers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-then-says-wrong-volume.177168/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all I have a bit of a problem wondering if someone could help, I am running windows7 64 bit It's just coming up to a year old, I had this same problem when i uninstalled Norton but I called someone and they help me remove the key that was stopping the dvd rom from working, I Now am having the same problem scince I uninstalled avg and reinstalled it. I would do what I was told to before but I cannot remember what i have to do again :/ I know it is in regedit some where but not sure on where to go after, Any help or advice would be great thank you. It will play cds but not dvds :/
thanx in advance

A:DVD will not read DVDs or DVD software but will play CDs

Do you have a Windows Vista or 7 install disk? Or even a restore disk if its a branded PC. All of those should be DVDs, so see if you can boot the computer from that disk (you won't actually go through any of the install process, just see if it boots from the disk). This will ensure that your dvd laser didn't die. The laser for cd and dvd reading are different, so it is possible that one could die while the other is still good.

You may be exactly right with it being a registry thing, but if you have a bootable disk that is a dvd we can easily rule out a hardware issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-will-not-read-dvds-or-dvd-software-but-will-play-cds.174835/
Relevancy 30.1%

Not sure if this is true but someone told me rewritable CDs die out after a year. Does this happen with DVDs? Does it matter how many times you have written to them?

A:How long are rewritable DVDs good for?

DVD RW Life Span

I have never had a burned DVD or CD go out on me after a year however according to researchers they only have a lifespan of 2-5 years. This however will help answer your question I think! http://forums.cnet.com/7723-10149_102-152618.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-long-are-rewritable-dvds-good-for.173990/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey Guys,

So the Title pretty much sums up what's going on.
It'll read some dvds, much with some it'll just turn into a cdrom drive.
It's not the dvds, i tested them on two other dvd players and they worked. And i'm not sure it's the drive either since it can read most dvds i feed it, so i'm pretty sure it's a software problem.

I tried a lot of stuff, including registry editing (guides on the Windows site) and such, but nothing helped. Also, i dunno if this is related, but it seems autostart has been disabled on my pc, for a long while now. Whenever i feed any cd, dvd or image into virtual drives, it won't autostart.

Thanks for the help

A:DVD drive turns into a CD drive when I insert DVDs

Unlike you, I'd expect this to be a hardware problem. You've ruled out that the disks are faulty by trying them in other drives, and you've established it can read some dvds. I think the drive is faulty.

Good news is you can pick up a fancy new dvd burner for about $15-20

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-turns-into-a-cd-drive-when-i-insert-dvds.171784/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey, first post on here.

Here's the problem.

I use Windows Vista and my mic dosen't pick up my voice, however if I play music on Youtube or if I am on Teamspeak, it picks up the music and voice of person speaking.

Any advice?

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-some-trouble-with-my-mic.172185/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi Everyone.

Unfortunately my laptop died recently however I have good reason to believe that the hard drive is still ok. There are some photos and music on it which I would like to recover.

I bought a Dynamode 2.5" SATA/IDE Enclosure from PC World and have connected this to my desktop PC via the USB connector supplied with the enclosure. The enclosure is USB powered. The laptop HDD is a WD Scorpio Blue 250GB. The desktop runs on XP whereas the laptop ran on Vista.

I cannot get my desktop PC to see the HDD. I'm sure it is plugged in correctly and the lights come on on the enclosure so it is getting power. I have installed the drivers and software from the CD Rom which came with the enclosure but none seems to have helped. Unfortunately there were no instructions with it.

Please could somebody help?

Thanks in advance!
Rich

A:Trouble using laptop 2.5" HDD as external storage with a desktop PC

Your enclosure gets power but does you hard drive? You can place you ear next to the hard drive to hear if it is spinning.. There are also 2.5" to 3.5" adapters which are specifically made so that you can connect a laptop hard drive to your desktop. When your computer does not "see" a hard drive it can be
1. no power to the drive
2. no interface to the drive
3. the hard drive is dead.
4. in your case the enclosure could be malfunctioning (unlikely but possible)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-using-laptop-2-5-hdd-as-external-storage-with-a-desktop-pc.171317/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey guys, I've got 2 hdd in my computer and I use the one of them all the time (C but I've recently tried to get into the second (D but it says I need to format it to use it.
Is there any way that I can look on the drive itself without formatting? As far as I know I've never used it and nothing should be on there but I don't know whether there would be anything already contained on there from the manufacturer.

Also as well, if I need to format it should I need anything else to be able to store files on there due to it not being the default?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/second-hard-drive-trouble.170945/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello Techspot,

on my PC I found some windows 7 professional 64 bit and 32 bit isos. These are from my friend who built my PC. I currently have a 32 bit. I would like to update to a 64 bit. I will be using a DVD-RW type DVD and my optical drive: BENQ DVD DD DW1640 ATA Device.

My question is, will the optical drive be capable of burning the iso to the DVD-RW?

The description of the optical drive from Speccy can be found in the attachment.

Thanks

A:Burning Windows 7 64-bit ISO using Benq DVD DD DW1640 ATA device

Looks like it'll support both +RW & -RW. More importantly, what size is the ISO? I've only seen 4.7GB rewritable DVD. So if the ISO is bigger than that, then you'll have to burn it to a double layer DVD. Which looks like your drive will support also.

You have a retail version of Win7 or OEM? You might want to look into whether your existing key/license is still valid after you upgrade it to 64bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-windows-7-64-bit-iso-using-benq-dvd-dd-dw1640-ata-device.170070/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey, I just moved my rig into a new Thermaltake case, which has about 3 huge led fans. I have 2 problems...

Most of the fans work but seem to run very slow, and particularly the fan speed control won't work.

I'm not too sure what I did wrong here, but there was one thing I noticed that was weird and wasn't in my old tower, which was a 2nd, 2-prong PWR Led lead in addition to the main power lead. I didn't do anything with it because I didn't know where to attach it to.

I have a Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H Mobo, and the new case I got was this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133086

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
~Wes

A:Trouble with chassis fan

are these fans plugged into the motherboard, or using a 4 pin molex?
If the MB, are the ones running slowly 3 pin, or 4 pin?

They are probably being auto controlled by the MB according to temperature. Have a look in your bios to see what temp/fan settings are enabled or disabled and how they are set.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-chassis-fan.168159/
Relevancy 22.36%

Does anyone have any experience dealing with ASUS customer support? I've got a P8P67 LE that won't post (it's also got the faulty 3GB SATA Intel bug and is eligible for the recall.)

Problem is, I can't get ahold of ASUS at all. I've filled out their online form for the recall using the mobo serial number, but when I try to look up the status on their status page it tells me my serial number/email is invalid. I can't register again because i'm already in the system. So I filled out a customer service request 10 days ago and haven't heard back. When I call I've been transferred around, disconnected and left messages that haven't been returned.

Anyone have any advice on how to get ahold of them? I've got a dead board, eligible for recall, and it's still under warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-contacting-asus-customer-support.167984/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a Dell desktop with wifi. It can see the AP (very strong signal), but it cannot access the internet ("limited conductivity"). I tried cycling power on the modem and AP which helped temporarily. Reboot does nothing. There are 3 other notebooks that have full access to the internet thru wifi to the same AP and cable modem.

The Dell has Vista op sys, and I've run thru all the diagnostics with no real solution. This pc normally uses a wired connection with no problem.

What should I look at to get this going?

Thx

A:Trouble accessing Internet

So you must be using a USB Wireless adapter? Have you installed the software for it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-accessing-internet.167583/
Relevancy 30.53%

My dell studio 1555's disk drive doesn't recognize DVDs while it does all CDs.
Also with the CD inserted, the data transfer speed 1-4mbps only. please help me guys, i wanna install W7. I am now running vista home premium.

A:DVD writer not recognizing DVDs

There are two lasers in the drive, one for DVD and the other for CD. sounds like the DVD laser has failed. The only other problem may be a dirty lens so try running a lens cleaning disc through it. If that fails you will need a new drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-writer-not-recognizing-dvds.166398/
Relevancy 30.1%

[resolved] Toshiba laptops plays DVDs but can't create them

Bizarre; I can r/w CDs and play DVDs but can not create a DVD.

Toshiba Laptop with Win/XP Pro and a combo DVD/CD HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4243N No upper or lower filters are on the device registry entry

XP_CD-DVD-Fix.zip was applied anyway.
aspi_471a2 was installed and provided
aspi32.sys & winaspi.dll

NTSC Pan & Scan.zip was loaded to provided sample *.VOB files for testing

Instacodecs.exe was loaded to get a flock of CODECs (just in case)​
Tools and symptoms: Photo DVD Maker always complains: Device Not Found
Express Burn: wants to ONLY create *.iso & will not access the DVD
ImgBurn: Finds the Device
insert media
add a video (aka *.mp4)
Calc size = 1.24 mb, free= 684mb
and the lower window status reads
Device Not Ready (No Reference Position Found)​

A:Toshiba laptops plays DVDs but can't create them

Just for laughs you should beg or borrow a USB DVD burner and see what happens with that.

I think there are separate read / burn lasers for DVD, but I'm not certain.

In any event, swapping out the drive would vector your search for the problem.

By the way, (IMHO & experience), Toshiba drives suck, and do crazy s*** like this. At least the two I've had certainly did. (2 TSST 162's in Emachines desktop. 1st desktop went back, bad drive, 2nd drive replaced by a Pioneer DVR 111).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptops-plays-dvds-but-cant-create-them.165481/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello all,

I have a desktop with three hard drives in it that I can boot from one to the other. One has XP on it, one has 98, and the other has 95. It has been working fine until I installed a new pci card in it. The card is a two port usb with a two usb pin-block on it. The problem is when the card is in, the computer will boot up in 98 and 95, but locks up after it POSTs in XP. I just get a blank screen. The card works fine in 98. I have booted up the computer with just the XP HD connected and get nothing. If I just connect the 98 HD, it works fine. If I leave everything connected and pull the card, everything works fine. I don't understand why the card works fine with 98 but not XP when I'm using all the same hardware.

A:Trouble with multiboot and a PCI card

Why in the World are you still using Win95 and Win98? Microsoft's End of Life hit and support ran out for these versions a long time ago. XP should be able to handle everything you do now. It is possible that the new PCI card has exceeded the computers power supply load ability or it could be a driver issue. Using those old OS's I can imagine drivers are real issues now

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-multiboot-and-a-pci-card.165109/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello, My os is wxp sp3 and I am using infrarecorder to burn dvds from videos I downloaded using youtube downloader, but when I burn them to cd they will play on my computer but not on another dvd player like my norcent. Can anyone Help?

A:Burned DVDs won't play

Try burning the DVD's in an .iso format. You have probably selected the wrong format in InfraRecorder . Go over the options carefully. I burn all my DVD's in the .iso format. They play fine on all my DVD players and my computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-dvds-wont-play.165413/
Relevancy 26.66%

Updated memory on Diemension dell 1100. Put the sticks in wrong way. Turned on, no action
but a burning smell. Powered down and inserted chips correctly. PC ok now but would there have been any
permanent damage and is there a remote risk of the PC going on fire ?

A:Burning smell upgrading RAM

It's hard to see without me seeing it personally. If it's working OK now I'd continue to use it as normal. However obviously they're not designed to work with backwards memory hehe.

I'd do a backup of your data just in case, and then keep an eye on things and see how it goes. I doubt the machine will catch on fire. Check the motherboard for any signs of blown capacitors or scorch marks maybe?

Can't remember the last time I dealt with improperly installed memory and then tried to boot so sorry I can't offer up more suggestions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-smell-upgrading-ram.163931/
Relevancy 22.79%

So I've just stepped in the door from a trip to monroe LA. Helping my dad get his dealership ready for a buyer. I've been resorting to trying to stay active on the forums by using my mobile device. Anyway, the lamp in my 305T is dead. Yay me. Warranty is gone so I'm thinking of replacing the lcd completely or repairing. Is it worth paying 489 usd to have the lamp replaced or are there any good suggestions out there for a new large format high resolution lcd?

A:Came back home to trouble!

Some say a thirty inch monitor is overkill . . . but why is that a bad thing?
Are you going to be able to let someone up-sell you *One* again

supersmashbrada said:

Is it worth paying 489 usd to have the lamp replacedClick to expand...

If you find somewhere that ships back-lights for SyncMaster monitors to AUS could you please post the link?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/came-back-home-to-trouble.162713/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all I was putting a new power switch on my computer and during the process it kept cutting on and off It would not come back on I took mobo out of case With just the mobo memory stick and Asus trouble A7N8XE-Deluxe power supply it only Asus A7N8XE-Deluxe trouble gets green light on mobo I tried touching the power part with a screwdriver and nothing The nvidia nforce MCP-T chip gets very hot to touch as soon as the cord is plugged into the power supply and the green light comes on I tested my power supply and it is fine I tried different step with memory and different slots graphics card attached etc The main question that I have is just with the mobo and power supply it is strange that the green mobo light comes on and the chip I mentioned by the battery gets hot I am just about ready to give up Please help ASUS A N XE-Deluxe AMD Athlon TM XP Ghz GB memory GB western digital hard drive dvd cdr Windows XP nbsp

A:Asus A7N8XE-Deluxe trouble

I did notice something different today. I had left the CMOS jumper in the reset position and no battery overnight. As soon as I put the battery inn and repositioned the CMOS jumper, I plugged the power supply into the mobo. Just as I plugged in the power cord, the fan on the processor jumped as the green mobo light came on, then nothing, just the green light. I am baffled as to what the problem could be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7n8xe-deluxe-trouble.162068/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey Techspot.

I ordered these a few days ago and they arrived today, but I'm having trouble setting them up. I've plugged the headphone and mic jack into my front sockets but Windows 7 won't recognise it, in control panel the headset icon shows up as not plugged in. Any idea what I should do?

A:Trouble with headset

Try plugging the headset into the back audio plugs. If the headset works, you may have to enable the front audio from the bios or the front cables were never properly connected to the motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-headset.160773/
Relevancy 21.93%

my issue is so like other posts but a smidge different. my dell 1735 has two hdd bays. i stripped my original hdd and loaded it with ubuntu. i placed it in my secondary bay and hooked it up. i recieved another hdd from dell, preloaded with vista and put it into the primary "original" bay. How do i boot up my secondary hdd? i think i may be missing the forest through the trees. thank you. sincerly, tommybee.

A:Trouble booting up second OS/hard drive on Dell 1735 laptop

you need to set up your system to dual boot.

just google "dual booting vista and ubuntu" and you'll find lots of guides on how to get you set up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-booting-up-second-os-hard-drive-on-dell-1735-laptop.160191/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello to all I saw this topic dating back to but it seemed that at DVD stopped DVDs ROM reading CDs Sony Vaio and made home that time the drives were not working were stopping That is not my issue Before suggested I have tried what was recommended then uninstalling the drive and removing lower and upper in the registry sorry cannot remember what they were Ok here is what I have and what it has been doing for over a year I have a Sony Vaio laptop CR E Vista Over a year ago it just stopped reading home made disks My daughter s wedding disk the disk of my X rays from the Doctor music regardless when put in they were seen as blank Sometimes if I kept putting them in they would be recognized but mostly not I got a cdrom Sony Vaio DVD ROM stopped reading home made CDs and DVDs cleaner used it and it seemed to work for a good while However it is doing it again If I burned the disk on this system before it would read it but I am not sure if that is the case now It makes me crazy I went and got a new cleaner and have done all that I know to do Sony you suck Too many ppl have had this problem My next laptop will NOT be a Sony So if I put a commercial cd or dvd in it works fine Any suggestions Can I clean this sucker any other way nbsp

A:Sony Vaio DVD ROM stopped reading home made CDs and DVDs

In any CD/DVD RW drive, there are 2 'lasers'. One is for reading, the other for writing.
From what you have said, it sounds as if the 'writing' head has lost power, or is failing in some way.
So when you use a commercial DVD it reads perfectly, but when you try to load from the DVD's you burned on that drive, it is unreliable.
The only real answer is to buy a new CD/DVD drive unit. It's very easy to fit, and not very expensive either. I have found also that some CD/DVD drives seem to read 'bought' discs better than others, maybe some alignment differences between manufacturers ?
When you get a new drive installed, you can make new copies of the unreliable discs.
If you don't like the idea of taking the drive out, you can buy a stand-alone CD/DVD RW that will plug into (usually 2) USB ports. Not good on a laptop ! There are some that will use only 1 USB port though. Hope that's of help.
* This is one I have, but be aware that the read/write speed is only X8 on DVD.
http://www.itechnews.net/2007/05/18/samsung-se-t084l-external-slim-dvd-writer/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-dvd-rom-stopped-reading-home-made-cds-and-dvds.159937/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a computer that was put together. I have a LG Internal Super Multi DVD Rewriter that should burn dvd's! Recently i've been trying to burn some movies onto them so i can watch them on tv. I'm using Memorex 16x 4.7gb DVD-R and i've used like two or three different burning programs but im not sure if its the discs, disc drive, or burning programs. So far i've used ImgBurn and Windows Media Player but neither of them worked on my xbox nor DVD Player.

A:Need assistance with burning DVD's

Hi Jo you could try one of these of the list on this page.
http://www.techmixer.com/free-windows-cd-dvd-burner-software-list-download/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-assistance-with-burning-dvds.159363/
Relevancy 22.79%

sorry if trouble having reading DVD drive DVD's this is in the wrong place and stuff but I was just looking for quick help - my computer is kinda old built from random parts by a friend so I don t know much about it and I don t know a lot about computers The DVD drive is having problems recognizing DVD s CD s DVD drive having trouble reading DVD's are fine when I enter a DVD you can hear the drive is trying to read it and SOMETIMES it DVD drive having trouble reading DVD's does it fine and is recognized in my computer but other times it just DVD drive having trouble reading DVD's stays DVD-RW DRIVE i have tried uninstalling the drive and reinstalling it looking for firmware updates and booting in safe mode clean state mode etc but it always struggles to read DVD s I also tried editing the Primary IDE channels in the Device manager to PIO only DMA if available to experiment and see if it helped but no joy do you think it s just a case of the laser that reads DVD s has given up ps im using windows XP thanks nbsp

A:DVD drive having trouble reading DVD's

Sounds like hardware to me.
These drives fail frequently and are cheap and easy to rep[lace.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-having-trouble-reading-dvds.159052/
Relevancy 29.67%

ok i but recognize plays doesn't fine DVD/CD-ROM CDs DVDs Combo know there are old closed threads on this and i have already tried the geek squad advice of deleting the upper and lower limits in the registry key i have already searched the internet for new drivers solutions and tryed the incredibly useless FixIt program offered by microsoft I Combo DVD/CD-ROM plays CDs fine but doesn't recognize DVDs m here cuz i m desperate The facts Im using vista the dvd-rom according to device manager is an ATAPI DVD A DH A L The driver is C Combo DVD/CD-ROM plays CDs fine but doesn't recognize DVDs Windows System drivers cdrom sys version is The entire pc is as it was purchased with vista factory installed and kept up to date since The device manager insists the device is working properly and has the best driver when a music or game cd is put in the drive works fine runs silently plays the music or game when a game dvd is put in the drive makes a grunt then is silent If i attemt to explore the drive from my computer it ejects telling me to insert a disk when a movie dvd is put in its the same as a game dvd except that Combo DVD/CD-ROM plays CDs fine but doesn't recognize DVDs the grunt repeats continuously every few seconds until the disk is ejected If this is a hardware problem i have no problem buying a new dvd-rom but if it is a driver problem i am afraid i will have the same issue even with new hardware What do you think nbsp

A:Combo DVD/CD-ROM plays CDs fine but doesn't recognize DVDs

Hi daver14 (again),

Well i've never seen (or used) a different driver apart from "cdrom.sys" on every DVD drive i've had (and i've had about 7 or 8 main ones in the past). What i can say is, I have had this problem before with a "Combo drive" and it turned out to be a failure of the circuit board inside the drive itself (so hardware basicly)...The drive played CD's but not DVD's.

I'de hate to say "Go out a buy another" because maybe someone else has heard of some software resolution that i haven't...and obviously if their's a software fix, it will save cash on a new drive. But it does sound like the same thing i had on a combo drive in the past.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/combo-dvd-cd-rom-plays-cds-fine-but-doesnt-recognize-dvds.158733/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have an eee pc with Orange, the internet usage is going down far too quickly for what I am using. I set a limit of 100mb and it has barely lasted 30 minutes. I have another laptop on O2 mobile broadband, both doing the same internet activity. In the same time frame, the usage has gone down 30mb. What is causing this to happen?

Thanks

A:Eee PC Orange Internet trouble

Try updating XP to Service Pack 3

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/eee-pc-orange-internet-trouble.156953/
Relevancy 26.66%

I just built a computer. My dvd drive is a Lite-On ATAPI iHAS124 B ATA Device. i can use it to read discs and it seemed fine till i tried to burn a dvd with windows dvd maker. It cant find a DVD burning drive. I tried different programs with the same results. I went into the device manager and device properties, and under its general properties in "device status" it says "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)". I have gone to the Lite-On site and looked for its drivers to download and the closest i could find was iHas120. Ive tried looking on other websites but have had no luck. I am running Windows 7 64bit Home edition. Hope someone can help. i know its dvd+r rewriteable drive, it says so right on it.

A:DVD drive isn't being recognized by burning software

Try this firmware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-isnt-being-recognized-by-burning-software.155572/
Relevancy 26.66%

hey guys girls im having a rather annoying problem with my dvd burner as the title leads on it started burning extremely slowly and by that i mean a regular gb dvd takes hours to burn and im burning regular avi movies something that normally takes somewhere between - mins max the hardware i got is a LG HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GSA-T N burner and its attached to my DVD burning extremely slow xps laptop running windows xp pro now i did a little digging on the net about this issue and alot of DVD burning extremely slow ppl have experienced this with alot of other drives and usually the problem is the OS changes the data transfer mode from DMA to PIO to which many ppl have many solutions so here is where my problem begins first and foremost my device manager IDE controllers looks like this ------------------------------ intel r ICH M port serial ata storage controller - intel r ICH M ultra ata storage controllers - primary IDE channel primary IDE channel ricoh memory stick controller ricoh sd mmc host controller ricoh xD-picture card controller -------------------------------- first thing i did was check the advanced settings in the primary ide channel both of them and one of them is running ultra DMA mode im assuming thats the hard drive and the other is running ultra DMA mode assuming thats the dvd burner so nothing i can change there so i tried to DVD burning extremely slow uninstall the quot second quot primary IDE channel the fourth one from the top - the one that is running ultra DMA mode then i restarted and the problem still persists so i went back on the net to search for other options some which called for a registry fix which was something along these lines went through regedit to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE where i was supposed to find and manually delete the correct folder which contained the dvd burner registry in the above mentioned reg folder i have this --------------------------------- -- gt DiverDesc - intel r ICH M ultra ata storage controllers - -- gt DiverDesc - intel r ICH M port serial ata storage controller - -- gt DiverDesc - primary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - secondary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - primary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - secondary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - ricoh sd mmc host controller -- gt DiverDesc - ricoh xD-picture card controller -- gt DiverDesc - ricoh memory stick controller properties ------------------------------------- so i deleted the as naturally it seemed to be the quot second quot primary IDE channel entry here i wasnt sure about and as per why where they named secondary ide channels when there wasnt any indication of secondary in the device manager after which i restarted and again nothing changed at this point i went and updated the firmware for the burner to the latest version but again to no avail after countless other hours sifting through the net for solutions i thought id ask some experts about this so here i am EDIT it seems my hdd transfer speed is slow as well i tried moving gb from my onboard hdd to an external hdd an operation which normally takes maybe mins and it took me over an hour and a half can you please help me ps in case any is asking or if it is of any relevance using nero sony blank dvd-r single layer also i burned about dvd s one after the other out of the same package and a few hours later i tried a th one which turned out to take more than twice the other combined i also burned a th th and th with all my other speed check attempts after the troubleshooting i attempted nbsp

A:DVD burning extremely slow

Hm, if both your hard drive and your DVD burner are running slow, I would suggest maybe looking into flashing the BIOS of your motherboard? Both the HD and the DVD are hooked up by SATA, correct?

A few things to test here: Transferring data from the computer to an external drive seems slow, try transferring data the same way in Safe Mode, see if it speeds up any, if it does, I would say some type of software is slowing it down.

Could try replacing the SATA cables, or if you have more then 2 SATA ports on the board, if they are not already spaced out, try spacing them farther apart(Though I do not see this as a soloution, you can always try it)

One other thing you could try if you believe it might be software/registry related rather then hardware is do a Recovery to a date/time previous to when you experienced this problem, see if that helps any,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-extremely-slow.155023/
Relevancy 22.36%

I recently set up a box with the following specs Intel DH HC i - Processor GB Ram PC Powr amp Cooling Silencer After assembling I could not get the setup to POST or to enter the BIOS Tried several times Finally I tried inserting an older ATI Pro and everything worked fine Installed Win - updated BIOS and everything runs great I have attempted to remove the vid card a couple times to use the onboard video I uninstall the vid card driver reduce the screen resolution to a lower setting power down remove the Intel DH55HC, onboard i5-650 graphics, Trouble vid card On restart I get POST and can enter the BIOS but when it wants to load the OS I get a quot CANNOT DISPLAY THIS MODE Trouble onboard graphics, Intel DH55HC, i5-650 quot message but I can tell from the sound that Win has loaded Intel has an updated driver for the onboard graphics When I try to install that I get an Trouble onboard graphics, Intel DH55HC, i5-650 error message that quot This computer does not meet the requirements for this software quot Is that because I still have the add in vid card still present What do I need to do With the Pro card I see a Win experience rating of What would I likely see with the onboard graphics nbsp

A:Trouble onboard graphics, Intel DH55HC, i5-650

have you tried installing the chip set drivers. they can be found here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-onboard-graphics-intel-dh55hc-i5-650.153870/
Relevancy 26.66%

I've heard overclocking is not a great idea because it can burn up your vid card.
Is this true?

I don't overclock and my vid card seems to get hot all too often.

A:Burning up vid cards by overclocking?

Usually will only happen if you overvolt for extended periods.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-up-vid-cards-by-overclocking.154621/
Relevancy 22.36%

So this initially was a problem with my games not playing in a certain resolution without everything being cropped off on the side, and it turns out to be a problem with my resolutions/monitor in general.

I have a Samsung 2333 24" 16:9 with a 1920x1080 native resolution, and whenever i put it on 1280x720 which is the 720p setting for my monitor, everything is being cropped around the edges. The task bar is halfway gone and my desktop icons are off the screen at the top. Any idea what could be causing this?

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-having-trouble-displaying-a-resolution.153942/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey guy s I always have problems burning Either the disk will burn and only work on my PC or the process will stop when it comes time to burn and say there s no CD I have the Matroska pack and Divx plus I did manage to download an audio cd and burn it and have it work last night in my car I think my problem is that my DVD player on my TV is to burning Buring noob Total problems. not DIVX do I need to use a different Codec WMA Does some one have Buring problems. Total noob to burning an easy solution for burning I ve got DVD-R and DVD R and CD-R What Buring problems. Total noob to burning should I use for what Buring problems. Total noob to burning Is there one CD DVD I can get to do it all I m running Bit Torrent Real player SP Win media player Video free file converter I have a Pentium R Dual-Core E Ghz Ghz Gb Ram On Win XP with SP MB is a ASUS P GC-MX Socket DVD R burner by LG nbsp

A:Buring problems. Total noob to burning

74sundance said:

Hey guy's...
I always have problems burning..Either the disk will burn and only work on my PC or the process will stop when it comes time to burn and say there's no CD.I have the Matroska pack and Divx plus.Click to expand...

Have you tried "ImgBurn" ? http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3285-imgburn.html WTF is the "Matroska pack"?

74sundance said:

I did manage to download an audio cd and burn it and have it work last night in my car.Click to expand...

Big deal, even Windows Media Player will burn CD Audio. You should give that a shot.

74sundance said:

I think my problem is that my DVD player on my TV is not DIVX do I need to use a different Codec (WMA)? Does some one have an easy solution for burning?Click to expand...

The DVD player in the TV is probably DVD-Video format only, unless it specifically states otherwise. Even free standing players that claim Divx, won't play all forms of it. It certainly won't run .wma or .avi files.

74sundance said:

I've got: DVD-R and DVD+R and CD-R
What should I use for what? Is there one CD/DVD I can get to do it all???Click to expand...

In a perfect world, yes. In this one, not a chance. Although you could ditch the DVD-R, there's no real need for it unless you have an old freestanding DVD recorder that needs them.

Data files and some others can be placed on CD or DVD. You wreck the quality of files when you convert them to different formats. Better to play them in the format you get them. Try installing VLC Media Player, it has codecs built in for almost every format.http://www.techspot.com/downloads/1888-vlc-media-player-for-windows.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buring-problems-total-noob-to-burning.153402/
Relevancy 22.36%

it started when i removed some malware then after i reboot my pc shows a x or something like that when i unistall video serious Lenovo driver trouble my video adapters my monitor became normal again with a resolution of x and when i use driver easy i download my Mobile Intel series express family my monitor goes back to x now every time i download my video drivers it just goes back to my ugly resolution how can i fix this problem is this problem something connected with my WARCRAFT because my warcraft say s quot unavailable to initialize quot because of my direct x im using direct x and when i run dxdiag my directx features are quot not available quot my pc is gt gt gt gt LENOVO G and there s a yellow triangle in my other devices gt gt gt Lenovo video driver serious trouble gt Base system Device gt gt gt gt Base system Device gt gt gt gt Unknown gt gt gt gt Video Controller gt gt gt gt Video Controller VGA Compatible any ideas how to solved this if you need any other information concerning my problem im going to give it to you nbsp

A:Lenovo video driver serious trouble

Always helpful to state your OS first.

You definitely need to install drivers for the Base system Devices. Did you get a driver CD with your notebook or do you have a restore partition? if so go to device manager and click on the yelow item and right mouse on it and select: "Update driver" let it search for the driver, may take quite long. If successful with thiose two then try the unkown and then re-install your video driver, making sure you have the correct version, are you positive it is Mobile Intel 4 series express family?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-video-driver-serious-trouble.153389/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have a Philips DVD8631 drive running on a Dell Dimension 8400, Windows XP. The drive has been running perfectly until now. I went to erase a DVDRW and now when I place a blank brand new DVDR in the drive, the drive shifts from DVD-RW Drive to CD Drive. I have already applied the firmware update from dell, removed and reinstalled Sonic RecordNow (which BTW is crap), and did a system restore. I dont know what else to do. Can anyone help me before I decide to reformat my system?

A:Philips DVD8631 no longer reading blank DVDs

I would replace the drive before reformatting the system. It sounds like the optical drive is failing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/philips-dvd8631-no-longer-reading-blank-dvds.151626/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey,

I recently removed some malware from my computer (winxp sp3) but it seems to have left something corrupted. I can no longer connect with wlan, it will hang on 'waiting for the network to be ready' this is becuase I have an invalid IP address. Reseting the winsock does not solve it. Windows diagnostics says the winsock is corrupted but after reseting.. nothing. Also windows firewall will no longer start the ics service. I attach part of the windows diagnostics log, could anyone help me with making sense of it?

Pete

A:Trouble connecting. Invalid IP address

Check that the device settings for the network interface have not been set to a fixed IP address - go to control panel > network connections > select your device > right click > properties > double click on internet protocol (TCP/IP) and set the two obtain IP and DNS values automatically.
Reboot to reset the system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-connecting-invalid-ip-address.151390/
Relevancy 30.1%

This issue has been puzzling me for weeks now I have no idea on how to solve it due to my very low knowledge of computer hardware and it's software. I apologize if my terminology is a bit off, but like I said, knowledge of this subject is very limited. Anyways, the problem I have been having is that my CD/DVD+-RW drive will no longer recognize regular DVDs. What I mean by regular DVDs is non-burned DVD movies and DVD-ROMs such as games. My drive will still read and play CDs and burned DVDs. What steps should I take in order to try and solve this problem? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you need any more information or have questions relating to the issue, I'd be glad to answer.

A:Persistent failure to recognize DVDs

How old is the optical unit?
The first step is to unplug and reseat the connection to make sure its not as simple as that. if you have another cable try it. If this is a SATA drive with an older ' non-secure clip' type, they can very easily break connection. Unfortunately what you describe can also be the first symptom of an optical drive that is at the end of its life.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/persistent-failure-to-recognize-dvds.151029/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi everyone I m about at my wits and trouble on powering shutoffs Random end with this issue for a computer of mine and I can t figure out for the life of me what the issue Random shutoffs and trouble powering on is Here are the symptoms - If on the computer will randomly turn off will run anywhere from a few minutes to several hours at a time with no issues - If off the computer has trouble turning on eg hitting the power button often causes the fans to spin for a split second and sometimes the boot-sequence LED s begin their changes but it shuts off within - seconds no post no beep code errors though sometimes it will power on successfully - There are no warning messages from the mobo only the OS prompt saying quot Windows did not shut down properly quot if it managed to get to a booting booted Windows state so it seems like the computer doesn t realize it was screwing up - The machine will sometimes randomly power ON if it s currently off Here s what I ve done - I did manage to run a memTest which reported no errors - Tried a stripped down boot video card -stick of RAM swapped each of my and Mobo power with current PSU and a different one both produced this issue - Tried directly plugging the PSU into the wall instead of the power bar - Tried switching the power cord connecting the PSU to AC power - Tried removing the CMOS battery and replacing I have absolutely no idea what s causing this but it s driving me nuts Here are the system specs Intel Core Quad Q P Neo Mobo W Ultra Power Supply Nautilus Water Cooling Can t recall the Video Card specs but it s nothing spectacular more of a number crunching machine than a gaming one It should be mentioned that these issues mainly cropped up when I moved to a new PSU Case which is a Cooler Master HAF but I tested with the old PSU as mentioned above admittedly it only ran W The thing about the new case is that it has several more fans than the old one and while the transition took place I may have spilled a small amount of the coolant water mixture onto the video card a small amount of which dripped down onto the mobo However given that the machine has been capable of running for up to hours at a time since I don t know if this is really the cause of the problem If anyone has some ideas for what to try next or what could be the problem I d very much appreciate it nbsp

A:Random shutoffs and trouble powering on

Try the old PSU.

If the same symptoms, unplug those fans.

Let us know the results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-shutoffs-and-trouble-powering-on.149820/
Relevancy 22.36%

My External hard drive is a Maxtor (now seagate) with a capacity of 1TB. Has 300GB of my information i.e my life!!!

Since a couple of days I have been trying to get it to work. I connect the HD to the laptop, it lights up, makes the normal noises, but doesnt autoplay. I go into the my computer and click on the HD but it comes back with - F:/ Application not found - !!!!

Is it my pc at fault?? I use Vista on my Hp laptop!

Or is that the software for the HD at fault!

The icon does show: 600GB left of 900GB for the HD so i am guessing that the information is still intact!!!
Please help. . . !! I cant stress how valuable the info is on this HD.

A:External hard drive in trouble

someone once told me, and no i tell others that the 1TB drives are very unreliable and shouldnt be used for storing anything of value...

Time after time ive heard from friends and collegues who have come across this and feel sorry, after all companies make them as nothing more than a selling point, when in fact you could buy 2 lots of 500gb drives and be a lot safer.

Its sad to say but your data has to all intents gone west...and may not be recoverable, that said, you could direct mount the drive into a tower pc and use a good quality file restorer to try and get them back..

if you do, dont use a 1 TB drive again will you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-in-trouble.149792/
Relevancy 22.79%

So, I have a Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard and Windows 7 and I've got some partition problems. The problems stemmed from when I went to install Ubuntu. My macbook, like so many others, has a defective superdrive that works about 3% of the time. I got like halfway through the installation and then it failed. So now I am left with a 15 GB partition that I made for Ubuntu (it is unformatted), a swap partition (unformatted), and another small partition (unformatted) that I do not know the reason for its existence. I guess that the partitions could be ExFS4 and that's why they aren't showing up, but I don't know.
Point of the story: How can I "delete" these partitions so I can merge them together and try the installation again. I've tried Paragon HD Pro, EASEUS something or another, and OSX Disk Utility.

Thanks!

A:Partition trouble

Have you tried going to a Macintosh support site where they know a lot about that particular model?
I don't see how you can repair that one when it requires a software install, and your drive for installing doesn't work, so that replacement would be the order of the day, in my book.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partition-trouble.148126/
Relevancy 22.79%

Computer desktop, make: Great Quality, model: GQ3081

Earlier it had windows xp service pack 2. It was being updated to service pack 3 when it started giving trouble. It was decided to install the operating system afresh. Original disk was used. The hard disk was formatted in the process of installing attempt and then it automatically tried to install the operating system.The screen then and even now reads,"Error loading operating system", whenever the computer is powered on. Hence, it has no operating system. The computer does not take any command from keyboard.

Please advise Thanks.

A:Computer boot trouble

It was being updated to service pack 3 when it started giving trouble.Click to expand...

What kind of trouble?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-boot-trouble.148188/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello! I'm new around here but this seems like a site with a lot of computer savvy fellas. I'd appreciate any help regarding a very annoying problem I'm currently having.

I've done a lot of googling / research on this subject. I dont know if I'm looking at the wrong places or not, but it seems like this is a common issue with eMachines and installing new video cards.

These are the specs

emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=ET1161-07

I upgraded the Power Supply to 650 W, so I know that's not the issue.

I've tried uninstalling drivers, messed with settings in BIOS (which doesnt have an option to disable onboard cards), disabled onboard card via device manager. And all of these methods have failed me. I've been doing this the whole day and I literally have no idea what to google / do next.

I'd appreciate any help guys ((

A:Trouble installing a Nvidia 9600GT on an eMachine et1161-07

Whats wrong? Symptoms?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-installing-a-nvidia-9600gt-on-an-emachine-et1161-07.148144/
Relevancy 30.1%

Good Day

I was wondering if someone could help me. I just purchased this dvd burner. The problem I am having is that I was able to burn a video dvd with the bonus light scribe disc that came with the burner. I then went to use the dvd-r's I had left over from before my last burner died. It would not record to the dvd-r's. It would encode the video to my harddrive but when it shouls open up and begin the writing process it fails every time. tried with 5 different dvd's but of same variety. Checked specs and it says it is both dvd+ and dvd-. Anyone have any ideas. Doesn't really pop up with an error message just tells me process failed. Thanks

A:Memorex 32023223 20x DVD won't burn DVDs

you should try burning with lowest speed, and update your burner firmware.

http://files.rpc1.org/index.php?act=category&id=779

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memorex-32023223-20x-dvd-wont-burn-dvds.148041/
Relevancy 21.93%

Alright so I have a Dell Dimension 8300 that currently has in it a Nvidia Geforce 6200 video card. Recently, I discovered a PNY Verto GeForce 6800 that was in a box of old hardware I had. So I began searching the web, and found that it was supposedly compatible with the Dimension 8300. I then tried installing this card into said computer, it fit in just fine but whenever I turn the computer on with this new video card inside of it I am greeted with this god-awful beeping noise. Does anyone know what is wrong? Can it be fixed or am I stuck with the 6200 card? Please respond, ShadowSplicer.

A:Trouble with new video card in a Dell Dimension 8300

Did you connect the power supply to the external power connector on the graphics card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-new-video-card-in-a-dell-dimension-8300.147921/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello everyone. Recently I purchased the Noctua NF-P14 FLX 140mm fan. It's a great fan with many positive reviews. However, the coloring is not my taste (beige casing/brown blades). So, I want to disassemble it so I can paint it (red blades/black casing). Now I looked around online and found a guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tUxiSMnGSQ for disassembling the 120mm Noctua NF-P12 which I figured would be similar for my fan but it doesn't quite seem so. I am having extreme difficulty when it comes to removing the fan blade itself. Unlike in this video where the fan blade releases rather easily, my NF-P14 just won't budge. It comes to the point where I'm nudging it so hard that I feel like I'm going to snap it off.

Does anyone have any experience with this fan? Some tips maybe?

A:Trouble disassembling Noctua NF-P14 FLX

This is going to sound obvious, but did you remove the split ring?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-disassembling-noctua-nf-p14-flx.146250/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey, I've recently been warned by my ISP for my torrent usage and I was wondering what software I could use so that such a thing does not happen again. I have no idea what they're talking about offcourse and I imagine it was someone else on my unsecured network that did what they warned me about. Anyways any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Relevancy 22.79%

Hi my computer never turns on first time and I often have to turn the pull out the plug or turn the plug off I m in the UK then wait a few minutes then turn it back on then wait another few minutes before pressing on the power button when it finally turns trouble Computer turning having on on Sometimes Computer having trouble turning on when I turn the electricity on at the wall the computer box makes a high-pitched whirring noise For whatever reason the computer ONLY ever turns on when this noise is there If I turn the Computer having trouble turning on plug on and there is no noise I can guarantee the computer will definitely not turn on and I have to turn it off and wait another few minutes before trying again I was wondering if it has anything to do with external USB things Computer having trouble turning on plugged in wireless dongle to be specific so I took them all out before trying to turn the computer on but it doesn t seem to make a difference Sometimes it acts like one of those old lawnmowers where it takes several pulls on the ignition to turn it on E g I press the power button on the box and it turns on but then seconds later it literally runs out of steam and turns off again Also on other occasions I press the power button and the little light comes on showing that the computer is thinking and really bizarrely the CD drive works you can make it come out and in but the actually computer is not turned on the power light is off Any suggestions gratefully received many thanks nbsp

A:Computer having trouble turning on

Try installing another power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-having-trouble-turning-on.145334/
Relevancy 23.22%

I bought a ASUS ENGTS250 1G video card and a Ultra LSP 450 power supply. I have been playing borderlands just fine and beat the game and am into the add-ons now with no problems till today. Now when i start playing the game about a min. into gameplay flashing lines appear and if i don't exit quickly, it blacks out leaving me with just sound. The card has never been over 55c. I am starting to think it is a power issue even tho the power supply meets the recommended stats for the card.I am about to try and use OCCT to stress test my system, and either way the results go i need to know what course of action to take to resolve this problem. Thank you in advance for your time and help.

A:Trouble with new GPU and PSU

Remember the rate wattage is always lower by 100watts. So that 450w going to be 350w. You'll need to get 500, 600, 700, 800, 1000w. In your case I would recommend 600 to 700w. Although some claim to be true wattage meaning if they say 500w it's 500w.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-new-gpu-and-psu.144546/
Relevancy 22.36%

when using my toshiba laptop the left mouse button seems to click on itself . any ideas on what is causing this problem to happen would be greatly appreciated thankyou

A:Laptop mousepad left button trouble

Does an external mouse work okay? Touchpads do break and wear out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-mousepad-left-button-trouble.144229/
Relevancy 22.79%

I recently created a new wireless network and access password on my vista laptop and now I am unable to connect to either LAN or wireless on my windows 7 or XP laptops. What can I do to get connected?

A:Having trouble connecting to network

"I recently created a new wireless network and access password on my vista laptop"...
The wireless network settings need to be the same for all computers in the shared network or LAN. Are they all the same?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-connecting-to-network.144089/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi I hope I m not reposting but as of yet I can t find any solution to either of my problems Firstly I recently got faster internet installed and replaced my router with and 20Mbps Internet 50Mbps icon trouble to limited persistent one that could utilise the faster 50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble bandwidth The router is supposed to be capable of enabling up to Mbps whilst my wireless card 50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble is supposed to receive up to Mbps The speed of my internet provided is Mbps which is the speed that I get when I connect to the router via ethernet but when I am in the same room with my laptop I only get Mbps tested using speedtest net Help pleaseee Also after tinkering a little my wireless icon in the bottom right corner has permanently become the logo that is attached i e the icon that pops up in windows when the ethernet connection is disabled not working Everything seems to work fine though so it s not a major issue but it s just really 50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble annoying I keep thinking something is wrong and every time my internet cuts out I never know Anyway thanks in advance nbsp

A:50Mbps Internet limited to 20Mbps and persistent icon trouble

it could be a problem with your wireless card....u mention, does it work well via ethernet? if yes then u cant blame anything but your wireless card OR the wireless radio of the router itself....u can try tweaking the setting of the wireless radio in the router's config

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/50mbps-internet-limited-to-20mbps-and-persistent-icon-trouble.144228/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello all

I am having trouble connecting my verizon fios, dell 964 printer and my linksys wireless printer server. When I had comcast service it worked with moderate setup help from a computer technician. Now that I have changed to verizon, I can't seem to get it to work. Linksys will set me up with a third party for over $100 who specializes in multi systems... dell, verizion and linksys... and Verizon will do the same for the same amount of money. I have already paid a second compter technician to come in and set it up and he tells me that it can't be done and that verizon knows that there is a problem. I paid him over $170...Needless to say I'm looking to not spend another dime on this issue or I'll switch back to comcast.

D

A:Having trouble connecting fios with dell printer and wireless print server

You probably need to remove the previous wireless settings from the printer and run the set up program again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-connecting-fios-with-dell-printer-and-wireless-print-server.144156/
Relevancy 22.79%

My brother has just bought a brand new Fujitsu computer running Windows Vista 64mb. He has a Belkin 54g f5d7051 that worked fine on his Windows XP computer. We used the original cd that came with it but to no avail, i took the driver from Belkins website, that was for Vista, version 1 and 3. Still it does not work. It installs but then that is it, it tells you to plug it in, which it is but it still does not work as it does not detect it. He is really frustrated as it is a new computer, he can not even use the internet on it tonight as it does not work, please can someone help me quickly tonight!

Thanks a million,
Darren

A:Trouble with Belkin 54g in Vista

what connection are you using from the system to the Belkin; USB?

if not, then you don't need the CD. Use the Network Wizard to create the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-belkin-54g-in-vista.143419/
Relevancy 30.53%

I was burning a disc and all of a sudden it failed and i can no longer read CDs or DVD's what can I do?

A:CD/DVD Drive won't read any CDs or DVDs

replace the drive its probably failed.

or remove it in device manager and reboot.

whilst the pc is shut down take the side of the case off and see if the connector wire is in properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-drive-wont-read-any-cds-or-dvds.142555/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey guys, I am trying to partition or resize my existing hard drive in order to do a duel boot with xp and ubuntu. I downloaded gparted and ran it. It recognized the hard drive but would not let me resize it. Does anybody know what could cause this? Thanks

A:Partitioning/Resizing trouble

Which version of gparted are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partitioning-resizing-trouble.142819/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I just built my first PC. But when I try to boot it it goes past the bios splashscreen and then just has a flashing underscore/dash in the top left hand corner of the screen. Here are the specifications. I brought it to the place where I got the parts for a rebuild and QC but they don't know what the problem is either.
Also I got the DVD drive and harddrive from my friend so they could be the problem.
Specifications:
Asus P5Q SE Plus MotherBoard
Antec 900 two case
GTX 260 Core 216
GameXStream 700W PSU
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500
4GB DDR2 Ram

Also there is no OS installed as It wont boot. I have copies of windows XP(CD) and windows 7. Also I have tried 3 different CD/DVD drives and no luck.

A:Trouble With New PC

I might be missing something here, but you said you have no OS installed? are you starting with the OS install disk in the cd drive to boot/install?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-new-pc.142162/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have had Fifa installed on my PC for a while and played it with no problems until today. When I loaded it, after a short while the colours went funny and it became pixelated so I exited thinking it was just a problem with the game but I've noticed a lot, if not all of the icons on my desktop, start menu etc are pixelated as well as the cursor. Ive tried some of the things the start menu help suggests but nothing helps. Is this my graphics card dying or could it be something else?

A:Graphics trouble

If the pixellated graphics appear outside of gaming. i.e. at startup and with just the desktop up and running then the card's Vram is likely about to need burial arrangements made.
If it just happens during gaming then try lowering the visual details to see if it lessens the problems.
You can check to make sure any attached power cable is secured correctly. You can also check to see that the card isn't blocked with dust. If the card is still under warranty then DO NOT disassemble the card to clean it.
In my experience once a card starts artifacting on a large scale, there is no way back.
Check these screenshots against what you see on your computer
http://www.playtool.com/pages/artifacts/artifacts.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-trouble.142012/
Relevancy 22.79%

i have a compaq presario 6400nx and i wanted to add a western digital 500gb sata hard drive so i got a pci to sata controller card. when i put the card in it went through and installed all the drives but i don't see my drive anywhere. i can feel it spinning so it is powered up. i am running xp with sp3. any ideas on something else i need to change or why it is not working??

A:Trouble with SATA controller

also i am only using this drive for storage. i have a ide drive that i have windows on. also my computer does not have andy sata ports that is why i had to get the card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-sata-controller.141686/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi all

I have been trying to fix this problem on my own for quite some time now and have given up so i came here for help. My dvd drive only reads dvd's and will not recognize empty ones so i can burn. it does the same for cd's. I tryed switching my drive with a different one and it still doesnt work. since i switched it i do not think that it is the drive i think it has to do with something else in the pc. or not having the drive.

my pc is a compaq presario s4100nx

specs are:

1gb ram

HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4480B

ACPI Uniprocessor PC

Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.50GHz

any other information you need. please let me know!

thanks in advance

A:DVD drive not recognizing DVDs

If you've tried uninstalling and re-installing the drive with no luck then it could be
Possible IDE controller problem
in device manager > remove IDE controllers.. all of them. > reboot > IDE Controllers will be reinstalled automatically
This is step 7 in the troubleshooting guide found here
http://winhlp.com/node/10
I would read through the whole guide just in case there are indicators you see (and you haven't listed in the post) which would lead to a better solution.
Hope this helps. If you could post back either way it would be appreciated by those that follow you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-not-recognizing-dvds.141554/
Relevancy 22.79%

I am not new to the world trouble build System New of computers but when it comes to completely building a new computer I am definitely not seasoned in that area Recently I ve decided to build a new computer With a Cooler Master Elite case AMD Phenom X Ghz CPU GB X GB Crucial Rendition PC - DDR XION W Simple Power Supply and ECS Black Series GF A These were the New System build trouble new parts I ordered and the rest New System build trouble HD Monitor etc I already have So I follow the exact order the motherboard manual says to set everything up and it doesnt power New System build trouble on I try unplugging and plugging everything back in carefully to see if i screwed up the first time and still the comp wont power up I test the power supply and it works fine I take the MoBo out and do a POST test with just the CPU PSU RAM with the monitor and keyboard connected and I can access the BIOS just fine But when I go back and put the mobo back in the case and connect all the hardware nothing works My guess is the case is causing a short somewhere but how do I fix that Any ideas nbsp

A:New System build trouble

You didn't mention using motherboard standoffs. Did you use them?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-system-build-trouble.141526/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi All ,
Just having a go at reformatting a Acer Aspire t630 acquired from an auction no software ,problem being is there is no sata in the bios only ide and the floppy drive unit is cactus so i cant load the sata drivers i downloaded from acer web site .
I have put in a ide hard drive and installed windows xp pro to that but at this point have no idea how to get the sata drive online can i use a generic sata driver to get it up and going ? The sata driver from acer is just a driver file not a setup one if that makes sense hope i have given you enough information
Regards herbster

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-install-trouble.141055/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have DDR ram with 184 pins and trying to install new ram. I have a NF61S Micro 754 6.x motherboard and the new ram is Samsung 1GB DDR RAM PC-2700 ECC Registered 184-Pin DIMMThe computer turns on, but monitor does not. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Trouble installing ram

It would be nice to know what motherboard and what specific RAM you're talking about but without that I'd say incompatible RAM or wrong RAM voltage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-installing-ram.140088/
Relevancy 23.22%
Q: Trouble

I have a music video file that is 58 sec long however when I play it on my laptop it does not stop after that time. It plays it full length about 4min, my problem is that only the 58sec were burned to dvd when I tried to burn it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble.139786/
Relevancy 22.79%

Wireless network trouble - no wireless when ethernet cable is plugged in Hey all I ve been roaming the net for two days in a row but I can t find any answer to my problem so here s my Wireless trouble network first ever shout for help on a forum A while ago i read something about the possibility to use your pc as a wireless accesspoint for other pc s Wireless network trouble internet connection sharing on an ad hoc network I thought this being very useful so I Wireless network trouble tried it and it worked immediately About minutes later my pc decided to go to sleep Wireless network trouble because I wanted it to in any other situation so the connection fell away Ever since I have been unable to create any wireless network and after a while I discovered that I can t actually detect any wireless network in range as long as the ethernet cable is plugged in As soon as I unplug it available networks pop up This is not so much a problem as I would like to get the ad hoc network to work again Here s what s up with my pc and what i ve tried -My pc is a HP compaq w workstation with a intel wireless wifi link AGN module and running windows professional -bit -It didn t fall down or i didn t bump it or anything recently -I was sharing my internet connection cable through an ad hoc network wireless and it worked fine on the other laptop when my pc went to sleep and the problems started -The main problem is that I can t create a new wireless network anymore when i do so windows says quot Could not create network quot -So I tried restarting for several times turning off my wireless adapter and back on I searched the internet for solutions like a driver update I reinstalled the drivers for all wireless and bluetooth adapters I went looking in the bios and turned off the wireless radio and back on and after all this i found out that if i unplug my ethernet cable wireless connections do show but the real problem remains I also went through thousands of setting of the adapters and also my firewall but no results so far If anyone knows how to solve this I d be enormously thankful Or if you need more information let me know Greetz nbsp

A:Wireless network trouble

Have you tried uninstalling all related software and firmware, then reboot and defragment, then reinstall everything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-trouble.139578/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a game downloaded from Big Fish Games which I ve been playing for the past year However now when I try to open the game I get this error code quot Executable path is not writable If you launched the application directly Trouble opening game from the CD please run the installer Trouble opening game to install the application quot The game is called Ricochet Recharged one of my favorite games I contacted Big Fish and they told me Trouble opening game I might need new drivers Here s the information that got from my error report Hi Linda Thank you for providing the report After analyzing the report I saw that the video driver was last updated on An outdated video driver may be the cause of trouble you ve encountered To resolve this I would recommend visiting the computer s manufacturer website below to get the most recent update by contacting their technical customer support To make the process of locating your driver update easier I ve listed the details of your system and video card below System Model product Inspiron s Operating System Windows Vista Home Basic Driver- Graphics Video Radeon X X Series Afterwards uninstall and reinstall the game restart your computer to initialize any updates and then create a new profile to start a new game I ve provided a link below with detailed instructions on how to uninstall reinstall a game If you re still having problems with the game after doing these updates please let me know Click to expand I have installed and uninstalled this game so many times but keep getting the error message Can anyone help me on this Is there another driver I should be installing Any help would be appreciated Linda nbsp

A:Trouble opening game

if the game has worked for a year without any problems before i want to say that it's not video driver related. however, games are updated from time to time which can yield compatibility issues. i would still think that the drivers are fine though. the actual error message itself states that the path in which the game's files are stored is not accessible, meaning the computer can't run it. since you're on Vista, I would try disabling UAC and then see what happens when you go to run the game. you may need to modify the application's security permissions or run it under another account.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-opening-game.138654/