Windows Support Forum

My computer keeps performing emergency crash dumps!

Q: My computer keeps performing emergency crash dumps!

Every now and then while I'm just in the middle of completely normal every day things, like iTunes, MSN, Word, IE etc. everything freezes and then a blue screen comes up saying Vista has been forced to perform an emergency crash dump or something. Then the computer restarts as normal once I've told it to go into safe mode. Why does it keep doing this? Is it serious?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My computer keeps performing emergency crash dumps!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 71.81%

I am not sure why this is happening. I checked my bios settings. Reformatted my system. Did a clean install of XP and still I get random restarts. Since I reformatted I have had 14 crash dumps since May 23rd 009. It was happening before I reformatted as well. Sometimes it happens twice a day. Sometimes it will not happen for a week apart. This leads me to believe it could be hardware, but I can't tell for sure. I always get the same errors in the minidumps, usually it says probably caused by afd.sys or ntoskrnl.exe, and once or twice I saw Ntfs.sys, but usually like I said its the other two. If someone could analyze the dumps for me and help me figure out what is the most likely culprit it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

A:Computer restarts randomly. Here are the Crash Dumps. Please Help.

A possibility; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958752

Your afd.sys should be dated 14/08/2008 (sp3) and 136 KB in size located in c:\Windows\system32\drivers folder.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-restarts-randomly-here-are-the-crash-dumps-please-help-391690.html
Relevancy 70.52%

http://dumps-genuis.ru/
http://dumps-genuis.ru/login.php
http://dumps-genuis.ru/register.php

DUMPS WITH PIN FOR SALE
- WE CHECKING BALANCE OVER 5k for each 
- DUMPS 101 Track1+Track2+PIN.
- DUMPS 201 Track1+Track2+Track3+PIN.
- Daily update.
- Lowest prices at a stuff of such quality.
- Replace lost/stolen/hold/card error/call
- Refunds
- Support 24/7

100% GUARANTEE
UNITED STATES
UNITED KINGDOM
CANADA
BRASIL
CHINA
INDIA

DEMO : 
4744850006606686^CONRAD/DARCIE D^1705101000000000083200832000000 4744850006606686=17051010000000000832 PINCODE: 1022
4388540044889409=170920111327710?%B438854004488940 9^PETTY/RONALD ^1709201113271100000000710000000 PIN : 4559
4388575232888599=190420118709031?%B438857523288859 9^RANDOLPH/ELLIOTT ^1904201187091100000000031000000 PIN: 8090
4388576028659384=181020115400176?%B438857602865938 4^HOWARD/WILLIAM ^1810201154001100000000176000000 PIN: 2020
4388576042761380=180210110000851?%B438857604276138 0^WATSON/JOSEPH ^1802101100001100000000851000000 PIN: 7886
4670100523970258^NICANOR/ANNA^19031010000000150000000 4670100523970258=19031010000015000000 TongueINCODE: 8766

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** WE HAVE SOLELY THIS Gmail : [email protected] ? NO different Gmail.
*** WE HAVE SOLELY THIS ICQ: 687919152 ? NO different ICQ.
*** WE HAVE Solely THIS DOMAIN : http://dumps-genuis.ru/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. We write responses and questions only in English

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0191e310-8faf-46cf-a77b-9dbba8d95ac1/wwwdumpsgenuisru-shop-dumps-online-sell-dumps-china-us-eu-inter-uk-dumps-track-1?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey Everyone This is a new system build and it was working fine until a week after I had built it The first blue screen I got was when I was uploading a video to youtube and now I seem to get them randomly fairly often apart from when I m playing games which is odd just browsing the internet etc So far I ve done tests on my hard drives to see if they re healthy and they have passed HD Tune however I seem to always get blue screens when I try and upload a video to youtube from either of the hard drives I ve tried them plugged in one at a time but it doesn t blue screen when I upload from the SSD on its own this could just be a coincidence though as it blue screened with just the SSD in when I left the computer idle overnight I ve run memtest on my ram which didn t come up with any errors and I ve re-seated it just to check if it was okay I ll upload a dumps New ntoskrnl.exe? crash Computer BSOD Build Multiple zip of my Minidump now using BlueScreenView seems to point towards ntoskrnl exe but this is my first time using BlueScreenView so I m not sure if that s common or w e Another thing to add is that I seem to get program instability e g steam closing when it feels like it and chrome crashing for no reason however playing the mmo neverwinter seemed to work fine located on a different drive to the OS SDD Win Ultimate x I - BSOD New Computer Build ntoskrnl.exe? Multiple crash dumps K MSI z -g Crucial x GB mhz Ballistix RAM Samsung Pro SSD x Seagate rpm tb HDD s Asus Xonar d x Soundcard Corsair CX W MSI Geforce GTX Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:BSOD New Computer Build ntoskrnl.exe? Multiple crash dumps

There seems to be a problem with your Windows activation. Please post this report: Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303353-bsod-new-computer-build-ntoskrnl-exe-multiple-crash-dumps.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I'm slowly giving up with this issue. It's been a few weeks now, of very random freezes. It's been in and out of computer stores, saying they've solved the issue, and I bring it home and it starts freezing again. Running Win 8.1 pro/ I don't get any blue screens, and I get no crash dumps. And I always have to hard shutdown. driver verifier isn't picking anything up either. Temps are normal. I've reinstalled windows 3 times now. And always with the same results.

memtest passed
sfc passed
chkdsk passed

Everything purchased at the beginning of August 2014. (brand new build).

All drivers and firmwares are updated
BIOS updated

Asus z97 pro (wifi)
Intel i7 4790k
EVGA GTX 780 6gb
Corsair hx850 gold psu
g.skill ripjawx red 8gb (2x4)
noctua nh-d14
samsung 840 pro ssd
2x1TB seagate barracuda hdd (RAID 1)

Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

A:Solved: Computer freezes, audio loops, no bsod, no crash dumps.

[SOLVED] It was a couple things. First was a bad BIOS from Asus. It wouldn't let me install drivers onto my network card. I installed the one from intel and managed to install all the drivers. Once I ran all the test again Memtest found a bad stick. Replaced stick and new BIOS letting me update the network card drivers fixed everything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-freezes-audio-loops-no-bsod-no-crash-dumps.1134311/
Relevancy 68.8%

My laptop is crashing nearly every time it goes into sleep mode after waking it back up. I only have one csrss.exe process running.

A:csrss.exe possibly causing BSOD, computer crash dumps after sleep mode

Hi Mix,

I see your dump files but I need you to follow the link below and post the other files required.
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370084-csrss-exe-possibly-causing-bsod-computer-crash-dumps-after-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Here s the specs on this computer Windows XP Pro ASUS P NE-SLI mobo LGA Intel Core Duo Allendale E Ghz ASUS EN LE video card Seagate Barracuda GB Syba CL-U CR-FD Gigabyte GN-WP GS Wireless Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus RS- -PMSR-A W Kingston G DDR External WD Passport GB - USB This machine is about months old and has been crashing occassionally the last two weeks after the machine is up and running awhile I checked the system log and there is nothing leading up to the crash but I do get a crash dump for each one There is nothing I can pin down as coinciding with the crashes The vents and fan on side were blocked by a bookcase so I pulled it out in the open Checked the CPU temp last at deg c Ran quot Memory Diagnostic quot from download com passes of all the tests were clean - this took about minutes Ran chkdsk on the Seagate - no bad sectors I can t tell with chkdsk whether it dumps Crash notifies you when it finds problems All appeared good there Did the quot auto fix file system errors quot but not the Crash dumps search for bad sectors on the external WD Passport I think I need to analyze the crash dumps but don t know where to start I hear there s a MS debugger or some such Haven t looked on MS site yet Is that where it is I m thinking mobo cpu memory psu as possible culprits Can I rule out the video card and the hard drives Seems like next step is to analyze the crash dumps Thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

XP-Home OEM v5.1.2600 SP3 32bit AMD Athlon 64

Hi,

I am unable to make any crash dumps, currently i am trying to decipher a problem with a driver i use for boot logging, but when the BSOD occurs no crash dump is written at all.

the configuration is set to default:

Write an event to the system log: True
Send an administrative alert: True
Automatically restart: True
Write debugging information:
Small memory dump.
Overwrite any existing file: True

the minidump directory exists in my systemroot.

does anyone have an explanation? can anyone point me to the correct registry key? i can export it then copy and paste here for analysis.

Cheers (:

A:Crash Dumps.

You should turn OFF automatic restart just on general principle.

So you have a page file on your boot drive? Some people run without one.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crash-dumps-363950.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Computer been to the shop twice and they are unable to replicate or repair the problem. Puter crashes & dumps, sometimes during boot up and sometimes while on the internet. This continues until it reaches the point that I cannot shut down except manually and if I do that I can't boot up.
It crashed twice this morning and it was due to "page fault in non-paged area". Puter is a Dell XPS 1330 and OS is Vista Home Premium.
Here is the report:
Product
Windows
Problem
Shut down unexpectedly
Date
6/4/2010 6:56 AM
Status
Not Reported
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Files that help describe the problem
Mini060310-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt
Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFC46B3A
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 98866AB7
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi fellas having trouble with my PC It randomly re-boots amp is getting on my nerves There is no pattern to this at all nothing for a week or two then it re-boots twice in ten minutes I've mem-tested my Ram amp temp checked my graphics card no problems Have ran system with alternate sticks of Ram in alternating slots no problems I have just downloaded me dumps !!!!!!!! MAD Crash driving WinDbg version but haven't a clue how to use it Have also run a programme called WhoCrashed but I don't understand the analysis maybe you guys would be kind enough to have a quick glegg at the following Crash dump directory I WINDOWS Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Fri your computer Crash dumps driving me MAD !!!!!!!! crashed This was likely caused by the following module ati mtag sys Bugcheck code xD x E C xFF x xB DB Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Dump file I WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp file path I WINDOWS system drivers ati mtag sys product ATI Radeon WindowsNT Miniport Driver company ATI Technologies Inc description ATI Radeon WindowsNT Miniport Driver On Fri your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntkrnlpa exe Bugcheck code xA xFFFFFFFC x C x x Error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Dump file I WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp file path I WINDOWS system ntkrnlpa exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Thu your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x A x x C x x CCC Error Unknown Dump file I WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp file path I WINDOWS system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time Can anybody point me in the rght direction please answers on a postcard many thanks yours in anticipation Slime P S Posted here as I'm sure it's not a virus issue Spec XP SP Asus P Q Pro m'board Ati graphics Ggb OCZ Ram Corsair w PSU Q quad core processor

A:Crash dumps driving me MAD !!!!!!!!

Hello Slime58

Well, I`m not a fella, but here goes anyway

Try updating your ATI drivers.
They could be the cause of it all.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crash-dumps-driving-me-mad-475828.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey Since awhile I fixed most my pc issues it was stable except that my GPU driver crashed once after booting PC restored itself and that was it I could live with that Now since a week or two my pc will PC just also no log. a day crash or dumps now Once odd reboot, always reboot after boot Not instantly but after minutes of Firefox game or anything really It will just reboot There is no blue screen There Once a day PC reboot, no dumps or log. also odd crash just now is no Once a day PC reboot, no dumps or log. also odd crash just now crash dumps There is no log entry Yesterday after this happened my mouse and keyboard were not working and I had to reboot myself That happened only once Now again it happened but differently It didn't reboot completely I could hear a connect disconnect device sound and the screen came back on almost like a GPU driver crash But then my screen went black for a moment and all apps that were running got restarted It was like a reboot but without seeing any of the boot screens of Windows Thanks for any input I was planning on doing a memtest at any rate but would love your thoughts

A:Once a day PC reboot, no dumps or log. also odd crash just now

I have newest drivers for chipset, GPU, etc.

Since this crash just now was different from the ones I'm getting everyday, I took a look. In the Logs: DWM.exe stopped working (this never happened before) and an Warning that my GPU stopped responding, and under Hardware tab my GPU has a ! and it says it is disabled because errors have occurred. It is however working just fine at the moment. I do not know if this is related to the reboots I have every day as I've never had any log entries before. I have a long history of GPU related problems and I'm just happy if it works most the time. Now I'm mostly interested in fixing the reboots without any log entries.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/63907-once-day-pc-reboot-no-dumps-log-also-odd-crash-just-now.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Is there a tool built into windows to view mem dumps? Or are there any better third party softwares that I can download?

A:How to view crash dumps?

Hope this helps http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-view-crash-dumps.594659/
Relevancy 60.2%

I am very frustrated with my pc as of late I am Dumps !!! Won't Write Crash Pc !!! getting BSODs all over the place often as many as four !!! Pc Won't Write Crash Dumps !!! within ten minutes and perhaps seven or eight in a day It is so I can t leave the house without expecting a blue screen of death waiting for me when I get home I haven t installed any new hardware or anything lately that would indicate such a problem but I have a feeling it has to do with drivers The problem is I can t debug it because my pc isn t creating crash dumps C Wiondows Minidumps is not being written to and the is no other dump locations I don t know why it is not creating dumps Randomly however on the seventh it did create a dump however perhaps one time out of thirty or more crashes in the last few weeks and analyzing it with windbg I found that it was probably a driver called ntkrnlpa exe whatever that is Because I only have that one dump I cannot tell if that was the primary and consistent cause or even if it was accurate but I have included the bang analyze dash v and lmv results for this debug if anyone can add any wisdom to this irritating problem So yeah I d like to get to the bottom of what is causing these crashes and more importantly why my pc is constipated and won t dump Thanks Scarlet the lmv results extend much farther but I only included the info relevant to the driver hinted by analyze -v -- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL d An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace Arguments Arg a df memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg value read operation write operation Arg a df address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ READ ADDRESS a df CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP a df a df CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xD LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from a df to fa FAILED INSTRUCTION ADDRESS a df a df STACK TEXT ed d a df badb d c eb ed d nt KiTrap E x WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong f x a df STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt KiTrap E fa f test dword ptr ebp h h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt KiTrap E FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlpa exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP e f c FAILURE BUCKET ID xD CODE AV BAD IP nt KiTrap E BUCKET ID xD CODE AV BAD IP nt KiTrap E Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt lmv start end module name d cd nt pdb symbols c symbols ntkrnlpa pdb F DB C CB DDBCA F F ntkrnlpa pdb Loaded symbol image file ntkrnlpa exe Mapped memory image file c symbols ntkrnlpa exe E F C f ntkrnlpa exe Image path ntkrnlpa exe Image name ntkrnlpa exe Timestamp Wed Feb E F C CheckSum ImageSize F File version Product version File flags Mask F File OS NT Win File type App File date Translations b CompanyName Microsoft Corporation ProductName Microsoft R Windows R Operating System InternalName ntkrnlpa exe OriginalFilename ntkrnlpa exe ProductVersion FileVersion xpsp sp gdr - FileDescription NT Kernel amp System LegalCopyright C Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved nbsp

A:!!! Pc Won't Write Crash Dumps !!!

Start trouibleshooting the BSOD by testing or swapping out your memory. ntkrnlpa.exe is a Windows System file. The debug pointer is very generic. We always recommend that the memory be checked first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-write-crash-dumps.84644/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I have regular bluescreens on my IBM ThinkPad R e running winxp home SP Celeron M MB MB RAM Could someone please check my minidumps and tell me whats going on I installed a new hdd recently and installed windows XP Home and sp Worked fine for a week then the blue screens started Dumps as follows Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Documents and Settings Andreas Desktop Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is G Symbols Executable search path is Unable to load image ntoskrnl Could my crash please someone analyse dumps exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack UP Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x a a Debug session time Mon Nov GMT System Uptime days Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Unable to load image win k sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for win k sys Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c bf c f b Probably caused by win k sys win k HMDestroyUnlockedObject ab Followup MachineOwner --------- Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Documents and Settings Andreas Desktop Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and Could someone please analyse my crash dumps stack trace are available Symbol search path is G Symbols Executable search path is Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack UP Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x a a Debug session time Mon Nov GMT System Uptime days Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck f d c Probably caused by memory corruption nt MiIssuePageExtendRequestNoWait f Followup MachineOwner --------- Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Documents and Settings Andreas Desktop Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is G Symbols Executable search path is Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack UP Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x a a Debug session time Mon Nov GMT System Uptime days Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Unable to load image disk sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for disk sys Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck F d WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for CLASSPNP SYS WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for PartMgr sys Probably caused by disk sys disk GUID DEVINTERFACE PARTITION c Followup MachineOwner --------- Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Could someone please analyse my crash dumps

Hey - Wondering about the age of your system....
Hard drive - IDE or SATA?
A couple of things right off the bat....

Get into setup (f2, or whatever key gets You into your bios)
When in setup check your clock time (date and time) to see if it is current. If it is not current, set it and reboot and see if it saves the time.

Second. Reseat the hard drive just to be sure its secure.

The time stamp issues I have not seen before but if the time of files on the hard drive don't match the time in the BIOS, it is a possibility that this is the problem.

when this happened the first time, do you recall any particular event or a particular thing you were doing when it happened?

tracy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-someone-please-analyse-my-crash-dumps.115484/
Relevancy 60.2%

I am very frustrated with my pc as of late I am getting BSODs all over the place often as many as four within ten minutes and perhaps seven or eight in a day It is so I can t leave the house without expecting a blue screen of death waiting for me when I get home I haven t installed any Pc Won't !!! Write !!! Crash Dumps new hardware or anything lately that would indicate such !!! Pc Won't Write Crash Dumps !!! a problem but I have a feeling it has to do with drivers The problem is I can t debug it because my pc isn t creating crash !!! Pc Won't Write Crash Dumps !!! dumps C Wiondows Minidumps is not being written to and the is no other dump locations I don t know why it !!! Pc Won't Write Crash Dumps !!! is not creating dumps Randomly however on the seventh it did create a dump however perhaps one time out of thirty or more crashes in the last few weeks and analyzing it with windbg I found that it was probably a driver called ntkrnlpa exe whatever that is Because I only have that one dump I cannot tell if that was the primary and consistent cause or even if it was accurate but I have included the bang analyze dash v and lmv results for this debug if anyone can add any wisdom to this irritating problem So yeah I d like to get to the bottom of what is causing these crashes and more importantly why my pc is constipated and won t dump Thanks Scarlet the lmv results extend much farther but I only included the info relevant to the driver hinted by analyze -v -- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL d An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace Arguments Arg a df memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg value read operation write operation Arg a df address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ READ ADDRESS a df CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP a df a df CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xD LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from a df to fa FAILED INSTRUCTION ADDRESS a df a df STACK TEXT ed d a df badb d c eb ed d nt KiTrap E x WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong f x a df STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt KiTrap E fa f test dword ptr ebp h h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt KiTrap E FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlpa exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP e f c FAILURE BUCKET ID xD CODE AV BAD IP nt KiTrap E BUCKET ID xD CODE AV BAD IP nt KiTrap E Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt lmv start end module name d cd nt pdb symbols c symbols ntkrnlpa pdb F DB C CB DDBCA F F ntkrnlpa pdb Loaded symbol image file ntkrnlpa exe Mapped memory image file c symbols ntkrnlpa exe E F C f ntkrnlpa exe Image path ntkrnlpa exe Image name ntkrnlpa exe Timestamp Wed Feb E F C CheckSum ImageSize F File version Product version File flags Mask F File OS NT Win File type App File date Translations b CompanyName Microsoft Corporation ProductName Microsoft R Windows R Operating System InternalName ntkrnlpa exe OriginalFilename ntkrnlpa exe ProductVersion FileVersion xpsp sp gdr - FileDescription NT Kernel amp System LegalCopyright C Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-write-crash-dumps.611032/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there!

Lately I have had crash dumps pretty regularly - almost daily. Tonight after two dumps, I ran WhoCrashed:

Conclusion
2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

ntkrpamp.exe

I have tried several things, but nothing has truly fixed my issue.
I have followed the instructions to get help from your group of experts.

Here's my info:
Vista Home Premium, SP2 (original installation)
32 bit
Built in 2006
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64x2 dual core processor 5600+ 2.80Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
HP m8100n
(can't get the power info until I have help moving my desk)

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Paula

A:2 Crash Dumps - ntkrpamp.exe

Hello,

Take a look at the link below and enable verifier. Follow the steps to setup verifier

If the system crashes with verifier running please attach the new dump files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ed-473665.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/2-crash-dumps-ntkrpamp-exe-692349.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Zip file attached.

Thank you in advance for scanning these files. There are quite a few minidump files...

A:Frequent Crash Dumps

Quite a few views, no replies. Did I leave something out?

It appears to me as though my SSD may be the culprit, due to the fact amdsata.sys is associated with the crashes. Anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349899-frequent-crash-dumps.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have tried reading them in windbg not sure what everything means it is saying IRQ NOT LET OR EQUAL TO may be cause by NT here are a few recent crash dumps

A:Need Help! - BSOD Crash Dumps

I'm looking at some pretty serious hardware failure here. There's lost modules, bad attempts to read memory when the instruction never told it too, and more. This is most likely a CPU or PSU issue, but you'll have to run through a whole battery of tests to confirm, as followed:

RAM: Memtest86+ - 7+ passes
CPU: Prime95 - Torture Test; Large FFTs; overnight (9+ hours)
GPU: MemtestG80/CL - Run twice (if any of the tests work on your GPU)

All of these (excluding MemtestG80/CL) are included in the UBCD if you prefer a Live CD environment (which is the best environment to test hardware on). Note that Prime95 does not work with UBCD right now (a bug). Also, please provide us temps/voltages using HWInfo with Sensors only option checked. Log two 30-minute instances: one for idle, and one for high load.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/need-help-bsod-crash-dumps-631639.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Since I bought a new phitronics motherboard, a core i5 processor and 8 gigs DDR3 ram, I've had over nine thousand BSOD's, each with a different error at completely unrelated times.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on, all the files in the minidump folder are attached here.

Thanks in advance for the help.

A:Numerous BSOD's (all crash dumps)

TRy to run memory test first ... if you use Window 7 ..fellow this
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows7/Diagnosing-memory-problems-on-your-computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/numerous-bsods-all-crash-dumps.1009885/
Relevancy 59.34%

I need help diagnosing some BSoDS that I ve been having The today and at least of the earlier ones were Dumps Various BSODs enclosed Crash whilst playing Sims but I haven t been playing much else lately and this is a new Windows install since end of June and new SSD The from yesterday were while playing City of Heroes - there were more than crashes and lockups but only minidumps I was trying out the new Ultra graphics settings - once I turned it back down to regular and stopped alt-tabbing while loading the crashes went away - I can t recall if all the crashes lockups were during loading but I do remember they weren t during missions I think some of the crashes are being causes by my audigy drivers but I m not sure about the others I updated my Radeon drivers but it didn t make a difference I m downloading new audigy drivers now but I think they re the whole problem and the current driver is only a few months Various BSODs Crash Dumps enclosed old I had all new drivers weeks ago but it seems just after that everyone released new drivers heh nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello My Windows Vista has come across multiple problems recently and I simply can t fix them I m not very good with computers Or laptops as the case is A while back my laptop contracted the annoying Windows Vista virus which claimed that it was an anti-virus program My father deleted it and all was well Then it got it again And it was deleted again The process repeated itself until recently when my laptop got it again I suspect it was hiding in some files or something Either way my father got rid of it again or so I thought Since then I have been unable to access Internet Explorer by clicking on the icon It simply says quot application not found quot However when I click on links from my email it gets me on Internet Explorer just fine If the virus is gone then why can t I access Internet Explorer by normal methods Along with my internet problem my laptop Frequent and Dumps Crash Problems Other has frequently had crash dumps I wonder Frequent Crash Dumps and Other Problems if it s the virus at work or something else Which is why I put this in Operating Systems seeing as I have no clue what the problem is Help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frequent-crash-dumps-and-other-problems.1033457/
Relevancy 59.34%

i keep getting a lot of crash dumps, how do i solve this problem, i have done a system restore, and my internet has been working fine, but i am still getting a lot of crash dumps, i am missing a windows file 32, or did i accidently delete something in the cache.

A:windows vista crash dumps

I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to %systemroot%\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder.%systemroot% is normally c:\windows. They are numbered by date. You can paste that address in address bar to get there.
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

This might point us to a non-system driver causing the error, if one exists for it.
ALSO

>> run mdsched.exe and read the additional info. Run the extended memory tests and report

>> go to the Control Panel > Performance Information and Tools > Advanced. Open the "reliabilty monitor" and see just when these began and if the correlate with a new install or some other change.

>> review any recent critical errors in the Event Viewer, especially the System log (run: eventvwr.msc

>> Post a HijackThis scanlog:

Download and install HijackThis. Run it and select "do a system scan and save the log file". Then copy/paste the contents of the log to a reply

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5554.html

>> You may also wish to try this, now or later >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-crash-dumps.671966/
Relevancy 59.34%

couple days ago my symantec antivirus quarantined some trojon horse and ever since my computer has been having those blue screen crash dumps Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Apoint K Apoint exeC i keep dumps screen getting blue crash Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Logitech i keep getting blue screen crash dumps Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files M PSNLite PsnLite exeC Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exeC Program Files Apoint K Apntex exeC PROGRA M PSNLite PSNGive exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files HP Smart Web Printing i keep getting blue screen crash dumps hpswp clipbook exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC i keep getting blue screen crash dumps Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exeO - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A AlertEng dll quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run MSConfig quot C Windows system msconfig exe quot autoO - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXEO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Startup OneNote Screen Clipper and Launcher lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXEO - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk C Program Files Logitech D... Read more

A:i keep getting blue screen crash dumps

Hello. I am PropagandaPanda (Panda or PP for short), and I will be helping you.Download and Run DDSIf you already have a copy of DDS, there is no need to download a new one.DDS is a tool that gives us a general overview of the condition of your machine.Download DDS by sUBs from any of the links below:DDS.com, DDS.scr, DDS.pifDouble click its icon to run it. If you are using Windows Vista, right click it and select "Run as Administrator".When the scan is finished, two logs will open.Post DDS.txt directly into your reply. Attach Attach.txt.Download and Run Scan with GMERWe will use GMER to scan for rootkits.Please download GMER.zip to your desktop from any of the links below:LINK1, LINK2Right click on GMER.zip and select "Extract All".Close all other open programs as there is a slight chance your computer will crash.Double click GMER.exe. If you are using Windows Vista, right click the icon and select "Run as Administrator". Your security programs may detect GMER's driver trying to load. Allow it.You may see a warning saying "GMER has detected rootkit activity". If so, select NO.Leaving the settings at default, click Scan.When the scan is complete, click Save and save the log onto your desktop.Please include the log in your next reply.Please tell me what changes have been made to the computer since your topic was started. Also give me an update on any symptoms.With Regards,The Panda

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203188/i-keep-getting-blue-screen-crash-dumps/
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm not sure what it is but it has only started happening in the past week or When I open a program such as Google Sketchup and then hit open or save the box pops up and then crashes the whole program Code Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows Problem signature Problem Event Name AppHangB Application Name SketchUp exe Application Version Application Timestamp b ac ab Hang Signature Hang Type OS Version Locale ID Additional Hang Signature e b efab a a Additional Hang Signature c Additional Hang Signature c a fd e e e ec c c c Additional Hang Signature Additional Hang Signature e b efab a a Additional Hang Signature c Additional Hang Signature c a fd e e e ec c c c Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read performing when Program open/save. crash our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Same thing happens for a few other programs such as Sony Vegas and Gordian Knot I looked at doing a system restore but my earliest one is the th and it was happening long before then Any help on resolving this issue would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Program crash when performing open/save.

Welcome!

I suggest a SFC /scannow and a repair install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/79317-program-crash-when-performing-open-save.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I was having issues with my laptop so I reformatted and that went fine. Upon rebooting after loading all of my drivers I got a black screeb with a grey looading bar at the bottom (upon rebooting). I called Dell, ran a diagnostic, and it showed that my drive had failed - they suggested I install a new one - and yet here I am typing on the same laptop. I simply waited for that grey bar to finish loading and Windows started fine.

So my question is: has my drive really failed or is something wrong with my startup? Thanks.

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, I've been having this problem for awhile now. Basically, when I'm watching Youtube, etc. the screen would turn blue and crash. After restarting the PC it usually is okay for that day. It's getting worse now, crashing when I'm not using the PC. I'm not sure what to do.

A:Crash dumps with Flash related stuff.

Hi,

Download these 2 files; save both to My Documents folder -

1. Microsoft SysInternals AutoRuns - http://live.sysinternals.com/autoruns.exe

2. System file collection app - http://www.sysnative.com/apps/BSOD_X..._Sysnative.exe

Go to My Documents folder and run #2. It will run #1.

Output = newly created folder in My Docs - Sys_XP_Support

Zip up the entire folder and attach to next post.

Also -
- Run Speccy - Download Speccy - FileHippo.com
- "File" | "Publish Snapshot" | Paste URL into your next post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crash-dumps-with-flash-related-stuff-1011402.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everybody So was sitting this morning like usuall checking my mails and facebook and such when theese blue dots apperared dumps. green lights and crash funky About randomly over the screen Okay i thought to myself time for the yearly reinstallation of Windows Just gonna finish reading the news So I did that and klicked around for a while and things worked fine Well except theese blue rahter annoying dots Anyways finished up and decided obviously to try to reboot first So About funky green lights and crash dumps. restarted and was greeted like always by the blue intro motherboard screen but this time with few colourful lines going down across the screen Its skipped no the next booting page and this time many of the letters where replaced with funky green flashing lights After that it started to load Vista Things are going like About funky green lights and crash dumps. normal when a blue screen attack me with something about quot crash dump quot And it starts counting up to a Now I cant really explain the error since most of the letters are flashing at me with a nice green colour and lines are blurring About funky green lights and crash dumps. stuff And then computer dies Well still with high spirits I restarted again and went in to safe mood And that worked fine Except three blurring halfpink lines running down the screen Well could i be a simple fix for this or should I start looking for some new components Like graphic card motherboard or perhaps memory While in safemood though pictures and such and vistas colourful logo are as goodlooking as they always are So not the graphic card And since safemood works not the motherboard or Anyways hope someone has a clue what this might be about and what to do about it Im running Vista if that helps Thx and cheers Also I do apologize for any misspelled words nbsp

A:About funky green lights and crash dumps.

First check the connectors for the monitor. Then unplug the computer and open the case and check that the video card is correctly seated in it's slot. If it is video on the mobo then try plugging in a PCI or AGP (if you have a slot) video card if you have one. Plug the monitor into that and try again.

It's a start.

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/about-funky-green-lights-and-crash-dumps.936198/
Relevancy 58.48%

In trying to adhere to the disable Dr Watson crash dumps STIG I need to locate which GPO setting that disables the crash dumps I m aware of the ways to disable the createcrashdump in the regisrty or deleting the AeDebug registry key However I have a GPO that is enabling the crash dumps I know this because everytime I through Dr. Watson GPOs Disabling crash dumps manually disable it and refresh my group Disabling Dr. Watson crash dumps through GPOs policies it is re-enabled I ve been able to isolate which GPO is enabling the crash dumps by unlinking all my GPOs and re-linking them one by one to locate the culprit I ve manually looked through the policy settings of the GPO enabling the crash dumps and can t find anything that would disable the create crash dumps I was wondering if anyone knew off hand how to disable the Dr Watson crash dumps or disable Dr Watson completely through a Group Policy Setting I m all googled out on this one Any assistance would be great thanks OS Windows Server SP Windows XP SP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-dr-watson-crash-dumps-through-gpos.796070/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello TSF I've been running into a few problems that some of you may have insight into My computer has been throwing blue screens at me left and right recently Every one of them has been an IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error and my crash dumps are reporting problems ranging from ntsokrnl sys nvatabus sys win k sys ha x k sys and a few others I don't recall off the top of my head When this started happening a crash Random dumps BSODs, included few weeks ago it was only in a certain game I was playing at the time I haven't played it at all Random BSODs, crash dumps included for almost two weeks now yet the frequency of the blue screens has increased to the point of the computer restarting almost completely at random while I'm doing nothing more than loading songs onto my MP player or even surfing the web I got up this morning to find that the system had blue screened overnight with no activity on it at all I'm honestly not sure if it's a driver problem as I've been lead to believe in the past or if my hardware is starting to give out on me somewhere Here's my system configuration AMD no OC GB PC also no OC gb HDD ATI X GTO Enermax W PSU WinXP Pro SP Here are the most recent mini dumps for today I'm really at a loss here and any advice is greatly appreciated

A:Random BSODs, crash dumps included

Anyone? If there's more information needed, I'll see about providing it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-bsods-crash-dumps-included-268736.html
Relevancy 58.48%

PC details Windows Home Premium -bit Intel Core Quad CPU Q Need 124 crash with error Stop recurring - dumps help Ghz GB memory display adapter Need help with crash dumps - recurring Stop error 124 Nvidia Geforce GTX Ti On June th I was selecting another Windows theme and it crashed with a stop error I took it to the PC shop I've used before but all they did was run a virus scan said I had viruses in the temporary internet files and run their hardware check routine what that entails I don't know I got it back the following Saturday and Sunday June th I was trying to create different Firefox profiles I was working on getting the same addons in each profile and trying to update the options in one of them Stratiform when it crashed again with the same stop error This happeened two more times and also at one point the PC froze up and I had to do a hard reset Things were quiet on June th except for another freeze up I browsed the stop error posts on this site ran my Kaspersky Antivirus scan and the MalwareBytes virus scan none found installed Debugging Tools for Windows and processed the dumps used Device Manager to update the drivers ran SFC SCANNOW successfully and used the Western Digital Data Lifeguard tool to scan the C drive and the secondary drive that I use for backups both passed I am attaching text files of the output of the debugging tool and zipped files of the dumps themselves I would appreciate any help you could give me in further analysis of these dumps Susan nbsp - - zip nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp - - zip nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp - - zip nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp - - zip nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp StopErr txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp StopErr a txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp StopErr b txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp StopErr c txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

A:Need help with crash dumps - recurring Stop error 124

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498517/need-help-with-crash-dumps-recurring-stop-error-124/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi folks

I have a computer that I'm getting my hands on later this afternoon that has been experiencing multiple BSOD events daily. I've attached the most recent 6 crash dumps, each of which seems to indicate something different. I'd appreciate another set of eyes on these with any hints/tips/advice. Some seem to be drivers, some hardware but I was surprised when looking at them that there were so many different causes. There may be others further back that are different than these too, but I've not checked yet - six seemed enough for now...

If anyone has time to take a look for me, I'd be very grateful. Thanks

A:Multiple different BSOD - crash dumps attached

Grab all and post a complete report: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297118-multiple-different-bsod-crash-dumps-attached.html
Relevancy 58.48%

The computer Vista startup Crash on Dumps Windows is a Dell Studio Laptop Windows Vista Home Premium bit I am trying to help a friend who is not Windows Vista Crash Dumps on startup very tech savvy get her computer working better The problem is intermittent but fairly frequent crash dumps on startup She says that the computer ran normally for about a year before the problem began and that it has been going on now for about six months It seems it will Windows Vista Crash Dumps on startup crash frequently for a while then maybe go a week or two without crashing then start again However in looking at the mini-dump files there was one going back to early and several in early so I m not sure about the six month thing As far as hardware a new printer was installed when the computer was purchased but there have been no other hardware installations and the printer has not been changed I ran the Windows Vista Memory Diagnostic on the computer It passed the basic test and the standard test but when I ran the extended test the scan would not progress past of the first pass I ran the extended test twice with the same result once sitting on for about two hours I have attached a ziped directory with several of the mini-dump files to this post Thanks Jhwk nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

As in title.

I've just built a new system with spec:

Phenom II 3.4Ghz (x4)
8Gb Patriot DDR3-1333Mhz
Gigabyte Motherboard
MSI graphics-1Ghz GPU
Seagate 500Gb Sata HD
DVD-RW Sata

On loading Vista x64bit (fresh install) to the point where it is preparing to load up for the first time I'm suffering from a recurring BSOD where there is a 0x0000007E error memory crash dump, and continues to do this on start up.

I've run memtest, all memory is fine.

Any pointers appreciated.

A:New Build Fresh Install 7E Crash Mem Dumps

Welcome

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/292944-new-build-fresh-install-7e-crash-mem-dumps.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello my Dell Inspiron laptop Windows has been crashing often these days I am not tech savvy enough to understand the problem I googled and download BlueScreenView software to get the dump files I cannot understand the meaning of these and need help to resolve the crash dumps issue Here are the dump file details from the last dump files Code Dump File - - dmp Crash blue Frequent dumps crash screen Time AM Bug Check String APC INDEX MISMATCH Bug Check Code x Parameter e e Parameter Parameter ffff Parameter fffff eca Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Frequent blue screen crash dumps Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa eb e Parameter fffff c Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa cea e Parameter fffff ae c Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String APC INDEX MISMATCH Bug Check Code x Parameter b e Parameter Parameter ffff Parameter fffff e aca Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size The other dump files also show Caused by mostly ntoskrnl exe or dxgkrnl sys Please suggest what may be causing the problem and how to resolve it Thanks

A:Frequent blue screen crash dumps

Welcome

We need the dumps for proper analysis, please follow the instructions on the thread below:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

As for dxgkrnl.sys
Source / dxgkrnl.sys / DirectX Graphics Kernel / Windows Update

See if updating from here helps, DirectX Update

Post back with dumps

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250932-frequent-blue-screen-crash-dumps.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, I'm new here and have a major problem,

I've built myself a new computer.

Gigabite F2A88XM-03H Motherboard
AMD A10-7850K APU
Radeon R7 260X Graphics Card
16 GB of ram.
It has been BOSD -ing constantly. Sometimes hourly. It doesn't matter what I'm doing. Video Games, Kerbal Space Program, surfing the web, watching youtube, or just typing in word.

I've tried a full re install of windows. I've tried refreshing windows. I've cleaned the registry, checked the drives for errors. I've run memtest for a full day. I've updated all of my drivers. I can't find or fix the problem.

I have a ton of mini crash dumps. The ones I've looked at say ntoskrnl.exe is the problem.

Can anyone help?

A:BSOD All the Time. Crash Dumps say ntoskrnl.exe

Here are the crash dumps in .txt files.

I think some of them might have occurred during an update. But most were just during regular computer use.

Also, I am not overclocking. My ram is running at the manufacturer's specs. And my CPU isn't overheating.
I've tried everything I can think of and everything I can find online.

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
Sorry If I did any of this wrong. This is a little out of my depth when it comes to computers.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47712-bsod-all-time-crash-dumps-say-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 58.48%

dont really know what to do it crashs at random times please help

Relevancy 58.48%

When I start my cp the system goes right into the blue screen after the desktop icons show up on screen. I have no time to press any key. In normal mode it shows a Windows Defender screen with a Trojan decteted but then blue screens. In safe mode I get to look at the icons for 1 sec then it blue screens? Any help out there, i am on my laptop of course due to problem, but didn't know what to do from here.
Thanks

A:CP Crash Dumps (Blue Screen) as soon as I Start

I tried to go through the recomended procudures but due to this issue, I was unable. DELL is not very good to me lately.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/cp-crash-dumps-blue-screen-as-soon-as-i-start-522224.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I am very green but can follow clear not too advanced instructions Running Windows Pro SP x on Toshiba Satellite A with Avast and Malwarebytes Using Mozilla Firefox and ixquick amp Startpage Search Engines Experiencing Crash Dump Freezing after windows open Excessive start up time and just Dumps, Hanging Crash a log I file ran Freezing, a lot of waiting for the system to open and operate I was unable to access the Crash Dumps, Freezing, Hanging I ran a log file web unless in SafeMode with Internet access I was getting the message No Audio Services Task Manager was freezing as well Internet Explorer was attempting to open while running Mozilla Did a restore last week to the point when I reinstalled Windows - - Ran a Memory Diagnostic and there is no evidence of Crash Dumps, Freezing, Hanging I ran a log file Memory difficulty I would like to debug but can't seem to access the correct file and don't want to completely ruin my computer or cause more that is already manifesting I downloaded an update for my BIOS from Toshiba but I will make this a last effort as it sounds like it has extremely high consequences if you mess up Thank you for any help you can offer Here is the log file from quot Hijack This quot run pre Restore Point I ran this after researching this site It was recommended to not take action unless experienced I'm not Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Users Tutu Downloads HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO FlashGetBHO - b d e -fec - d - e a- d eeb d b - C Users Tutu AppData Roaming FlashGetBHO FlashGetBHO dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe quot nogui O - HKLM RunOnce Malwarebytes Anti-Malware C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe install silent O - HKLM RunOnce InnoSetupRegFile quot C Windows is- OD exe quot REG REGSVRMODE O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Users Tutu AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - HKUS S- - - Run Sid... Read more

A:Crash Dumps, Freezing, Hanging I ran a log file

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227723-crash-dumps-freezing-hanging-i-ran-log-file.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello my Dell Inspiron laptop Windows has been crashing often these days I am not tech savvy enough to understand the problem I googled and download BlueScreenView software to get the dump files I cannot understand the meaning of these and need help to resolve the crash dumps issue Below are the dump file details from the last dump files The screen 7 crash Frequent blue dumps Windows other dump Frequent blue screen crash dumps Windows 7 files also show Caused by mostly ntoskrnl exe or dxgkrnl sys Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String APC INDEX MISMATCH Bug Check Code x Parameter e e Parameter Parameter ffff Parameter fffff eca Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Frequent blue screen crash dumps Windows 7 Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa eb e Parameter fffff c Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver Frequent blue screen crash dumps Windows 7 dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa cea e Parameter fffff ae c Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String APC INDEX MISMATCH Bug Check Code x Parameter b e Parameter Parameter ffff Parameter fffff e aca Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frequent-blue-screen-crash-dumps-windows-7.1067717/
Relevancy 58.05%

randomly i get my new pc chrash from almost 5 moth when i buy it. Its a constructed one without OS.

I already installed windows 7 2 times and all this crash dumps come from second install.

Windows 7
64 bit
OS 3 months age.

CPU: intel i7
video card: nvidia geforce 9500 gt
Mother board: intel dp55wb

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 a long time crash dumps

Code:
RTKVHD64.sys Mon Apr 27 07:22:45 2009 (49F59585)
Update your Realtek Audio drivers - Realtek

Remove VirtualBox for right now. I have seen VM software cause problems in the past.

Code:
e1k62x64.sys Mon Jun 22 14:05:53 2009 (4A3FC801)
Update your Intel network drivers - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...adType=Drivers
Update to SP1 - Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Please run these tests and report back the results
1. Memtest86 - Run for 7-8 passes - RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums
2. Prime95 - Run all three tests for 3-4 hours each or until fail - CPU - Stress Test with Prime95 - Windows 7 Forums
3. Hard drive scan usings SeaTools - SeaTools for Windows | Seagate - Both long and short tests

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16792.amd64fre.win7_gdr.110408-1633
Debug session time: Sat Jun 4 11:06:23.548 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:09:24.609
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for HDAudBus.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RTKVHD64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RTKVHD64.sys
Probably caused by : hardware ( HDAudBus+5a54 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_IP_MISALIGNED_HDAudBus.sys
BiosReleaseDate = 11/10/2009
SystemManufacturer =
SystemProductName =
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2800
CurrentSpeed: 2800
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Jun 3 23:11:51.487 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:24:48.548
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+338c6 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41790
PROCESS_NAME: Launcher.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_41790_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+338c6
SystemManufacturer =
SystemProductName =
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Jun 3 21:20:42.000 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:18:12.061
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!NtGdiBitBltInternal+dd8 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_win32k!NtGdiBitBltInternal+dd8
SystemManufacturer =
SystemProductName =
Debug session time: Mon May 30 18:42:31.795 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 20:26:29.856
Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsPagingFileIo+155 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x24
PROCESS_NAME: soffice.bin
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x24_Ntfs!NtfsPagingFileIo+155
SystemManufacturer =
SystemProductName =
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Sat May 14 12:25:24.261 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:03:33.322
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiRemoveLowestPriorityStandbyPage+24b )
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
BUGCHECK_STR: ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-windows-7-a-long-time-crash-dumps-578511.html
Relevancy 58.05%

This is a new build and I've had these errors at totally random times. From right after boot to anytime along the way. The worst part is that I can't get any crash dump info..no matter what I've tried. Pagefile is big enough and the dumps are enabled. I'm pretty much a novice with just enough knowledge to assemble my machine and get it running...IF there are no real issues!

I'd really appreciate any help! Thanks!!

A:Random 0X000000F4 errors and no crash dumps written.

There are no dump files present:

Please reconfigure windows to collect the correct info
You want small memory dumps - "MiniDumps"

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

And here are the instructions for posting:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Tip
Ensure you click the "GRAB ALL" button and then wait for each window to appear in turn and then click OK

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/284559-random-0x000000f4-errors-no-crash-dumps-written.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey all Some time ago i installed windows using an iso i immediately hated it and came back to Ever since then i've analyzing not files. BSOD written Constant Dumps when out MP3 Crash suffered with almost Constant BSOD when analyzing MP3 files. Crash Dumps not written out daily BSOD and it mainly seems to be when i'm using processor heavy audio programs mainly Serato When I analyze the audio files it has an processor load display and within a few seconds this stays at critical Now if i had a gb of ram i could understand but my pc far exceeds minimum specs for all programs i use so i'm not sure it's ram related - ramcheck didn't show any problems either anyhow i've tried using Whoscrashed and it tells me that there are no dumps and they are enabled When the PC bluescreens it rarely restarts on it's own just shows its collecting info for the dump after hours i figured it's probably not doing anything reboot and all is fine until the next bsod event I've replaced the HDD and checked voltages etc and they all seem pretty rock steady likewise with temps Somebody mentioned the page file but i have no idea how to check it to increase it or anything else related - and given that i believe it's recommended that it's double the size of the installed ram I'm gonna need gb of HDD space just for that At a bit of a crossroads i'm pretty sure it's driver related hence the whoscrashed purchase but without the pagefile i'm not sure where to go from here Any help be much appreciated Stool

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/392169-constant-bsod-when-analyzing-mp3-files-crash-dumps-not-written-out.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I've been having an issue with my graphic card driver just repplaced my card from an Error: dumps - basis daily VIDEO_TDR_ERROR restart crash - every Nvidia card and every time i restart my pc i get a blue screen and then pc starts normal I used WhoCrashed to see whats up and this is what he gave me crash dumps have been found and analyzed A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crash dumps every restart - daily basis - Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR crashes on your computer It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers atikmpag sys AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver Advanced Micro Devices Inc Here is crash dumps every restart - daily basis - Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR the info from the last crash today On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module atikmpag sys atikmpag xCCAC Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA FAB E xFFFFF CC CAC xFFFFFFFFC x Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers atikmpag sys product AMD driver company Advanced Micro Devices Inc description AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver Bug check description This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver atikmpag sys AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver Advanced Micro Devices Inc Google query Advanced Micro Devices Inc VIDEO TDR ERROR I uninstalled and reinstalled all my AMD drivers twice using the amd removal tool and still the problem goes on Im clueless on what to try next Help anyone

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/389514-crash-dumps-every-restart-daily-basis-error-video_tdr_error.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Got a Compaq Pentium dual core PC running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 (32-bit) w/1GB of RAM. Seems like the system goes into random crash dumps for no rhyme or reason. The computer blue screens, then counts up to 100 then restarts. Of course, this is a friend's computer, and she is usually on Facebook doing something. My first instinct is to bump up RAM. I'm not sure how much a reload will help the problem. Would upgrading to Windows 7 be a worth the time and $$$? This may get expensive and I'm sure she wants to keep things cheap as possible, thus, I'm thinking that upgrading RAM would be "the quick fix." Any ideas?

A:Random crash dumps in Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 (32-bit)

Ok first lets fix the problem then worry about a windows 7 install if you want to but we should be able to fix it with out needing to buy win.7 Please do the following:Download BlueScreenViewNo installation required.Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/324680/random-crash-dumps-in-windows-vista-home-premium-sp2-32-bit/
Relevancy 57.62%

Windows 7 Professional x64
Custom Built - My Own OS from Technet My Account
Hardware is mix between 4 months and 2 weeks old.

Basic Info:
*Core i5 2500k Unlocked (but not overclocked)
*Patriot G2 Series 16GB Quad-Channel(4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) PGQ316G1600ELQK
*Nvidia Geforce 460 GTX
*Intel BOXDP67BGB3 LGA 1155 Intel P67
*Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK 120GB SATA III SSD (have 500GB secondary Samsung SATA Platter drive for storage)

Problem #1:
Im getting BSOD's / Memory Crashes while playing games such as Tribes Ascend and Mass Effect 3.

Problem #2:
My ram was purchased as 1600MHz memory but the motherboard shows it as only 1333MHz and when I tried to set the clock to 1600MHz, windows crashed on boot.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Crash Dumps, 000005 exceptions, and BSOD's after building comp

No idea on your mobo support for 1600 ram
These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (Cx05) probably a driver.
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have a Raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5-7 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver Verifer

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition.
Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is.
But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver.
Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows.
If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like.
From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

If you are using win 8 add these
- Concurrency Stress Test
- DDI compliance checking

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.
If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Thanks to JGriff2 & Usasma.

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Driver Verifier

Using Driver Verifier (Windows Drivers)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224856-crash-dumps-000005-exceptions-bsods-after-building-comp.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I've been having an issue with my graphic card driver just repplaced my card from an Nvidia card and every time i restart my pc i get a blue screen and then pc starts normal I used WhoCrashed to see whats up and this is what he gave me crash dumps have been found and analyzed A - - dumps restart Error: daily every VIDEO_TDR_ERROR crash basis third party driver has been identified to be crash dumps every restart - daily basis - Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR causing system crashes on your computer It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites Click on the links crash dumps every restart - daily basis - Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR below to search with Google for updates for these drivers atikmpag sys AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver Advanced Micro Devices Inc Here is the info crash dumps every restart - daily basis - Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR from the last crash today On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module atikmpag sys atikmpag xCCAC Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA FAB E xFFFFF CC CAC xFFFFFFFFC x Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers atikmpag sys product AMD driver company Advanced Micro Devices Inc description AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver Bug check description This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver atikmpag sys AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver Advanced Micro Devices Inc Google query Advanced Micro Devices Inc VIDEO TDR ERROR I uninstalled and reinstalled all my AMD drivers twice using the amd removal tool and still the problem goes on Im clueless on what to try next Help anyone

A:crash dumps every restart - daily basis - Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

Hi Lilinbloom and welcome to Sevenforums!

Please follow this guide as it will help us solve your issue!

Quote:
To Use DM Log Collector
1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below.

2. Save the .exe file to your desktop or other convenient location.

3. Double click on the file to run it.

4. If prompted by UAC then, click/tap on Yes (Windows 7/8) or Continue (Vista).

5. A command prompt will now open to get the required information from your system, save the information into a YourComputerName-xxxx.zip file on your desktop, and close.

6. When finished with step 5, do either step 7 or 8 below.

7. If You Have Already Started a Thread in "BSOD Help and Support"A) Go back to your original thread that you created for your BSOD issue, edit your existing post or reply with a new post, and go to step 9 below.
8. If You Have Not Already Started a Thread in "BSOD Help and Support"
NOTE: Please do not create duplicate threads and posts on the same issue. Doing so will only waste your time and the time of other members trying to help.A) Start a new thread in the BSOD Help and Support forum area, post all details about your BSOD issue, then go to step 9 below.
9. In your BSOD post, upload the created YourComputerName-xxxx.zip file into your post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389514-crash-dumps-every-restart-daily-basis-error-video_tdr_error.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have installed / uninstalled / reinstalled Acronis True Image Home 2009. When I excute the program it will come up for a bit and I get the nice usual vista message. "Acronis true image has stopped working". Acronis support wants crash dumps. Want me to run "drwtsn32" which does not work in Vista.
Is there a way to get crash dumps in Vista. Any one haveing this problem problem with acroness not working with Vista ? if so is there a solution.
Thanks
Bob

http://www.vistax64.com/software/192775-acroness-true-image-not-working-vista-crash-dumps.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I wanna present automated secure dumps shop service with high quality dumps.

BTC fully automatic funding implemented!
After 3 confs from our side you will be funded 100%!!!

EU/WORLD/USA/CANADA/CHINA/UK and more ... 
!!!NEW DUMPS BASES 100% VALID!!!

+ Dumps - Track 1/2 Worldwide Mix
+ 1st HAND DUMPS
+ 24/7 SUPPORT
+ ALL VENDORS
+ GOOD PRICES
+ QUALITY DUMPS SHOP 
+ QUALITY SERVICE 
+ REFUND OF ALL CODES except 00
+ DISCOUNT SYSTEM FOR FAVOURITE CLIENTS IS VERY LOYAL !!!
+ Buy Dumps Shop & Credit Cards with cvv2 

DEMO : 
4744850006606686^CONRAD/DARCIE D^1705101000000000083200832000000 4744850006606686=17051010000000000832 PINCODE: 1022
4388540044889409=170920111327710?%B438854004488940 9^PETTY/RONALD ^1709201113271100000000710000000 PIN : 4559
4388575232888599=190420118709031?%B438857523288859 9^RANDOLPH/ELLIOTT ^1904201187091100000000031000000 PIN: 8090
4388576028659384=181020115400176?%B438857602865938 4^HOWARD/WILLIAM ^1810201154001100000000176000000 PIN: 2020
4388576042761380=180210110000851?%B438857604276138 0^WATSON/JOSEPH ^1802101100001100000000851000000 PIN: 7886
4670100523970258^NICANOR/ANNA^19031010000000150000000 4670100523970258=19031010000015000000 TongueINCODE: 8766

Always welcome and ready for orders!

Join for free at http://dumps-genuis.ru/login.php
Gmail : [email protected]
Sincerely. dumps-genuis.ru/ Dumps Shop.
Good luck all!!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fe02abc9-fe0f-41b5-a9ff-29b449f76184/httpdumpsgenuisru-sell-dumps-fresh-pin-us-china-au-uk-ca-eu-verified?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 54.18%

DUMPS WITH PIN FOR SALE
- Daily update.
- Refunds
- Support 24/7

100% GUARANTEE
UNITED STATES
UNITED KINGDOM
CANADA
CHINA
BRASIL
GERMANY
ITALY

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b028484a-d471-467a-bc17-e93fa6ea5cd7/wwwdumpsgenuisru-sell-dumps-good-pin-china-usa-denmark-norway-?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 54.18%

+ 1st HAND DUMPS
+ 24/7 SUPPORT
+ ALL VENDORS
+ GOOD PRICES
+ QUALITY DUMPS SHOP 
+ QUALITY SERVICE 

DEMO : 

Good luck all!!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0f94538b-710f-494b-918d-bbb9dac67454/wwwdumpsgenuisru-sell-dumps-fresh-with-pin-china-usa-uk-eu-nw-online-shop-?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

Several months ago I had a problem by where my vista machine took ages on the windows loading screen (where the bar slides along) during start up. I did post on here although to much help nothing improved, I was left with no choice but to do a fresh install :(

The problem as again arisen :( This time I would like to fix it once and for all (well at least find the cause)

An added problem is that my computer hangs a while after I have entered my password on the welcome screen.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Additional info (computer spec etc) can be provide upon request.

Hopefully together we can get to the bottom of this problem.

Thanks GamingJon

A:Computer not performing at max

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...es-357410.html

The above link, is my previous thread. Just to reiterate, Upon Startup on the following screen http://www.winsupersite.com/images/s..._clean_002.jpg the green loading bar takes at least 30-40 times before it passes and finaly allows me to log in. And even then it take a while on the 'Welcome' screen.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-not-performing-at-max-505719.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello folks,
I want to perform NDR(Non Destructive System) recovery. I am using a HP computer with windows XP since 5 years and now facing issues with it. I want to format that computer. I do have lot of data in it and want to save that data. I am not able to get on to the icons screen. When I called HP they are charging $ 27 for this. I am not finding it worthful. Please help me out.

A:Performing Ndr In Hp Computer !

Do you have any means to backup your drive?.. blank cd's/dvd's, hard drive, etc?..

But, before you do anything, have you tried doing a system defragmentation? If not, try that 1st.

Also, what are the exact issues you're having? The reason I ask is that I'm sure you'd rather fix what may be wrong instead of completely reformatting your hard drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78256/performing-ndr-in-hp-computer/
Relevancy 51.17%

My PC is becoming increasingly slower and I dont know why. Also when i left click on my logitech mouse (not wireless) it will be ok for awhile then i have to keep clicking on it over and over before it finally does something. To make a long story short, my computer isn't running how it should be. I do scans all the time with CC Cleaner and Malwarebytes and the only thing that has ever showed up was PUP something. I also use free version of AVG AntiVirus 2015. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I just ran an AVG scan and 2 threats were found: MalSign.Generic.AB7

Relevancy 50.74%

Can someone please help I ve been trying to fix this problem for the past week I ve called HP the manufacturer of my laptop and they will only assist System itself Crash 3 System Dumps reboots me if I purchase one of their phone support plans These are the Crash Dumps I got I ll type out the relevant information since I do not have the notepad document and can t log onto the OS ntkrnlpa exe Minidump File C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp Driver File Name ntkrnlpa exe Driver File Description NT Kernel amp System Driver File Version vista gdr - Crash Description SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very common bugcheck Usually the exception address System reboots itself 3 System Crash Dumps pinpoints the driver function that caused the problem Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Some common problems are exception code x This means a hard coded breakpoint or assertion was hit but this system was booted NODEBUG Arguments Arg c The System reboots itself 3 System Crash Dumps exception code that was not handled Arg ce e The address that the exception occurred at Arg ccb Exception Record Address Arg cc Context Record Adress csrss exe Minidump File C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp Driver File Name csrss exe Driver File Description Client Server Runtime Process Driver File Version vista rtm - Crash Description CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION f A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated Several processes and threads are necessary for the opetaion of the system when they are terminated for any reason the system can no longer function Arguments Arg Process Arg df c Terminating object Arg df c Process image file name Arg aaa Explanatory message ascii luafv sys Minidump File C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp Driver File Name luafv sys Driver File Description LUA File Virtualization Filter Driver Driver File Version vista rtm - Startup Manager quot Name quot quot UAC File Virtualization quot Registry Key Path quot HKLM System CurrentCrontrolSet Services luafv quot Crash Description SYSTEM THREAM EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very common bugcheck Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver function that caused the problem Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Some common problems are exception code x This means a hard coded breakpoint or assertion was hit but this system was booted NODEBUG Arguments Arg c The exception code that was not handled Arg cb The address that the exception occurred at Arg a a Exception Record Address Arg a Context Record Address someone please help I do not know what to do and how to fix this problem I work a lot with this laptop and would love that have it working as soon as possible If anyone would please help me in solving this I would greatly appreciate it I ran about virus scanners and cleaned out anything I found also ran various hardware tests and all hardware passed nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-reboots-itself-3-system-crash-dumps.794817/
Relevancy 50.31%

So, I have bought a new HP computer recently (this January) and they operate Windows 10. In the beginning it was perfect, faster than my Linux computer but I have been facing trouble recently. After every update, it keeps getting slower despite the fact that the hard disk is hardly 50% full. Earlier, while browsing through the Internet, it just stopped reacting to my commands, while the sound wasn't clear but rather like radio interference (I was listening to music) so I had to force-close it then turn it on again. I don't have that much knowledge on software, but I need help as I am sure that an eight-month-old computer should not react like this. I would really appreciate some help! Thank you!

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/63824-windows-10-not-performing-they-should-new-computer.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys I bought this computer about months ago from Computer to not standards. performing a custom computer store and since then it has had a multitude of problems The computer is working sound at the moment but for a computer with these specs i feel it runs very slowly It often takes a long while after Computer not performing to standards. startup before i can start doing anything otherwise it just gets completely laggy and sometimes programs crash like there is not enough ram to support it These are my specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC Rampage III Formula Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled I actually have g of RAM but have never been able to get the computer to display all g as working gpu check also shows only being used If anyone can see anything wrong with the build that might be slowing my system down i would much appreciate your help Thankyou Greg nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Thank you for your time CPU is HP computer Slow performing AMD Turion tm Mobile ML- Windows XP Media center SP I've run Ad aware in safe mode spybot sd the existing AV is Mcaffe and i ran that too this is the HJthis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Slow performing computer WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C PROGRA McAfee MPS mps exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files McAfee MPS mpsevh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskAgent exe C Program Files Mcafee MWL MWLGui exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files McAfee MBK McAfeeDataBackup exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcupdmgr exe C PROGRA hpq Shared HPQTOA EXE C Program Files Mcafee MWL MwlSvc exe c program files mcafee msc mcuimgr exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Trend Micro hijackthis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar no name - B A - B- - CAD- E - no file O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run RecGuard C Windows SMINST RecGuard exe O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run MskAgentexe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskAgent exe O - HKLM Run MWLExe C Program Files Mcafee MWL MWLGui exe Start O - HKLM Run ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/slow-performing-computer-219748.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

I have a Toshiba Satellite P50-A with an Intel Core i7-4700 CPU @2.40GHz, 12.0 GB of ram, Window 8.1 64 Bit, I don't have lots of software installed either but I have a feeling that it is the anti-virus making my HD run all the time because I noticed that the performance of my computer went down quite a bit after installing it, I'm using AVG. I also followed this tutorial for improving performance and it might of improved a little bit but nothing out of this world though. Does anyone have any more suggestions? Perhaps a different anti-virus or something else. Sometimes the HD works so hard that it gets to be really annoying.

Regards,
Ed

A:Poor performing computer

In Task Manager are there any processes running high and in the StartUp tab disable any unnecessary programs loading at boot.

You may run the Cleaner and Registry functions with CCleaner Free download from this site:
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

You could uninstall AVG if you feel that is the problem and just use built in Windows Defender or try another AV program like Avast Free.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/57306-poor-performing-computer.html
Relevancy 50.31%

DUMPS WITH PIN FOR SALE
- WE CHECKING BALANCE OVER 5k for each 
- Daily update.
- Refunds
- Support 24/7

100% GUARANTEE
UNITED STATES
UNITED KINGDOM
CANADA
BRASIL
CHINA
INDIA

DEMO : 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d52e603d-c088-4f45-8b97-abffef3f8005/wwwdumpsgenuisru-sell-dumps-good-china-usa-uk-denmark-norway-good-fresh?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 50.31%

+ 1st HAND DUMPS
+ 24/7 SUPPORT
+ ALL VENDORS
+ GOOD PRICES
+ QUALITY DUMPS SHOP 
+ QUALITY SERVICE 

DEMO : 

Good luck all!!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dcda71b9-e40a-4eaf-9b1e-6828bb54ce90/wwwdumpsgenuisru-sell-dumps-good-china-usa-uk-denmark-norway-good-fresh?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 50.31%

http dumps-genuis ru Good , Fresh USA Denmark WWW.DUMPS-GENUIS.RU/ UK , China , Dumps Norway , Sell Good http dumps-genuis ru login php http dumps-genuis ru register php Shop Sell Dumps - Track With Pin Online - Without Pin nbsp Buy Dumps Shop amp Qualiaty Good nbsp Regular update is ready The FATTEST update in comparison with competitors and partners HIGH BALANCE DUMPS Strong BINS WWW.DUMPS-GENUIS.RU/ Sell Dumps Good China , USA , UK , Denmark , Norway Good Fresh Capable of High Value Swipes Orders Best Quality Allowing you to shop and cashout longer without risk of declines Discount Campaign Get more cards for your cash Fast Refund Save your time List Dumps nbsp China DUMPS PIN TAIWAN PROVINCE OF CHINA PIN WWW.DUMPS-GENUIS.RU/ Sell Dumps Good China , USA , UK , Denmark , Norway Good Fresh United States DUMPS PIN United KingDom DUMPS PIN CANADA DUMPS PIN Autralia DUMPS PIN Switzerland DUMPS PIN Turkey DUMPS PIN Argentina DUMPS PIN Qatar DUMPS PIN BRAZIL DUMPS PIN DENMARK DUMPS PIN And more DEMO nbsp CONRAD DARCIE D PINCODE B PETTY RONALD PIN B RANDOLPH ELLIOTT PIN B HOWARD WILLIAM PIN B WATSON JOSEPH PIN NICANOR ANNA TongueINCODE ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ CVV FULLZ C Code AVAILABLE VERIFIED USA Canada UK Australia Italy Spain Denmark Sweden France Germany Netherlands China Japan Brazil nbsp ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ P S We write responses and questions only in English nbsp We HAVE solely This Gmail Marcus corvinus gmail com - NO different Gmail WE HAVE solely THIS ICQ - NO different ICQ WE HAVE Solely THIS DOMAIN http dumps-genuis WWW.DUMPS-GENUIS.RU/ Sell Dumps Good China , USA , UK , Denmark , Norway Good Fresh ru ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Let's contact us We will change your life Prestigious is TOP - Customer is god

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6767cbc7-6841-445c-82f5-e5a178d9cb10/wwwdumpsgenuisru-sell-dumps-good-china-usa-uk-denmark-norway-good-fresh?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 49.88%

Are any of the Geeks familiar With ScanGuard or should it be called ScamGuard

They claim to be "The new Trick is saving people thousands in PC repair costs, enhancing your device in minutes. Claims to have real time Antivirus will Boost your system performance. Real-Time Antivirus will actively monitor your PC for harmful threats and malware 24 hours per day. Keeping you protected at all times. Also has a system booster to Boost your system performance and speed in minutes with Scanguard?s System Boost tool, making your PC as good as new in no time. Next is the advanced firewall to
Keep yourself protected from backdoor hacking applications and trojans. Firewall stops unwanted snoopers accessing your data. They also include Security to Keep your personal data and web browsing private with our advanced VPN software.

there seems to be a free version and a $49.95 version

A:Scanguard For Slow Or Under Performing Computer?

There is no free version on their website. It's based on an annual subscription.
There are already well reviewed and well tested free security programs.
There are also well reviewed freeware programs that deal with issues around slowness, but all they deal with are issues that can be resolved without special software.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/scanguard-for-slow-or-under-performing-computer.312875/
Relevancy 49.88%

I get BSOD EVERY time I perform a full computer search.
Also on other occasions, but I cannot specify the scenario(s).

Thank you !

A:BSOD when performing computer search

Hi yoho

Run a SFC /SCANNOW

Click on type CMD inside Search programs and files . Once CMD comes up under Programs (1) right click and choose Run as administrator . Click on Yes button inside the User Access Control window. Command prompt should open up to C:\Windows\System32>_ . Type the command below inside the Command Prompt

SFC /scannow

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/286868-bsod-when-performing-computer-search.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My 2 year old Compaq desktop has just recently decided to start memory dumping consistently. When I start up the computer I can log in and do whatever for around 10 minutes, and then it memory dumps, not the blue screen, but it's black. Probably the same thing though. Then when the computer restarts, it memory dumps after 5 minutes, then 2 minutes until it just memory dumps on start up. I tried to start it up in safe mode, and the last known good configuration, but it still memory dumps after a while. Other than that, the computer is running fairly quickly.

I tried running Ad-aware, but it shows no viruses, and the latest version of Spybot came up with nothing as well...

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

A:Computer Memory Dumps...

Welcome to TSG....

Sounds like you have a bum memory stick in the computer or there is an overheating problem try running the following programs:

Go here and download the Memtest Release and run it
http://www.memtest86.com/

SpeedFan is a freeware program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-memory-dumps.531714/
Relevancy 49.45%

this is a really important computer emergency!! i havee a project due in 4 weeks and I need to access my powerpoint and word processor... but my computer won't let me.

infact just yesterday I was on my word processor and powerpoint. it was working fine! and this morning when i get on my computer i cant access anything!! it will not even let me download any virus scanners or anything.. and i cant access anything for ex....aim, system restore, my computer documents, and anything else on my start menu.

some of my icons on my startmenu dont have there original picture =//

gahh someone please desperetely help me!!

thankyou so much.

Relevancy 49.45%

I was chilling with my computer when i got tired of it then shut it off. In a few hours i got up and went back onto my computer. Now it starts the goes into a little questing thing thats says start windows normally and other questions. I pressed start normally then it went forward but then a blue screen popped up and it restarted my computer. I think it is bsod. Now what do i do.

A:Computer Emergency

Ouch. The last time I experienced something like that it ended up as a wipe and reinstall.

My suggestion would be if you have a spare hard drive try a fresh installation of Windows on that. Once you have that up and running connect your other drive (the on currently in your computer) and hopefully you will be able to retrieve any data you may have had it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-emergency.570887/
Relevancy 49.45%

Last month my computer had been very laggy In my impatience I powered the computer off often using the power button and skipped the disk checks upon rebooting Consequently a lot of my files went missing So I've been spending a lot of time redownloading programs and finding my missing files One of these was a program which I no longer have the CD for The basic files were still there in Program Files but the program did not function In order to get this program working again I downloaded a torrent with a keymaker in it I had used this exact torrent in the past and know it works But the thing is McAfee marks the keymaker as a trojan and deletes it In order to prevent its immediate deletion upon downloading I turned off most of the features of McAfee After repairing the program from the installer it said it needed to restart so I did that stupidly not realizing that McAfee was still disabled Here's where the problem arose After emergency! Computer restarting the computer displayed the normal Acer BIOS boot screen and went to the black screen with the blinking cursor which Computer emergency! normally goes to Windows after a few seconds but it just kept blinking No matter what I do restarting will always halt at the blinking cursor and black screen and nothing Windows-related ever loads So I tried making the Windows Recovery Disk and booted the BIOS to my disk drive and tried a dskchk Startup Diagnostic and System Restore but none of these has helped So now I have an OS bootable by disk Puppy Linux and am thinking of transferring all my files to an external HD through it wiping my hard drive and reinstalling Vista via my Vista recovery disks that I made when I got my laptop But is there any other way to fix this black screen and blinking cursor without having to wipe my hard drive

A:Computer emergency!

Hm, nothing else I have tried has worked after hours of Googling...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-emergency-447509.html
Relevancy 49.45%

i was installing windows 7 on my computer and i see a cable unplugged inside my computer so i find a spot and my computer turns off and i see a flash of electricity, is my computer now dead it wont turn on and if you know please tell me

A:Help EMERGENCY With MY COMPUTER!

It's quite possible you blew out something.

You should never make any hardware changes while the system is running or plugged in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/16802-help-emergency-my-computer.html
Relevancy 49.45%

yes, my other computer was Windows XP Sp2, i tried to boot it up today and it kept running without really turning on, its an Emachine, we called the tech support number and they said it probably got fried by spywere or something, and didnt really help us much, need help.

A:Computer Emergency! Please Help!

When you power it on does anything show on the screen at all?

You will need to elaborate on your problem. Include things like:

- Hardware specs, or model of your eMachine
- What were you doing before this issue started
- Any error messages that may appear

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-emergency-please-help-275805.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey everyone so here's the deal I decided to try out Windows after hearing all of the positive feedback on it I'm currently running a dual-boot of Windows Computer EMERGENCY! XP Home Edition Computer EMERGENCY! and Ubuntu and I don't use Ubuntu that much so I decided to get rid of it I tried installing right over the partition but it needed to be in NTFS format I then downloaded a partition manager and converted and formatted my ubuntu partition to NTFS Bad idea Grub was installed via my Ubuntu partition and I just formatted it Grub is still on my computer but it's freaking out because Ubuntu just got completely wiped out I turn my computer on it shows the splash screen I wait and BOOM GRUB Loading Error I can't get past the Grub wall and thus I can't access my XP partition I'm stuck on the loading screen and I really don't want to reinstall anything - I have some irreplaceable documents on XP PLEASE HELP ME OUT Thanks in advance for reading and replying

A:Computer EMERGENCY!

Did you get Win7 to install?

You will have to restore the XP boot loader first. Get your XP cd and boot to it. Enter the recovery console and type "fixboot" reboot and you should be able to boot into XP.

Then you install Win7 as normal, make sure that you completely format the partition it is going on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-emergency-396538.html
Relevancy 49.45%

We sell only unique base from most different countries. By using our service you will find out an individual approach to the client, the big spectrum of the countries and the excellent quality. The small test as agreed is possible....We have flexible prices,
in case of purchase of a great volume of bulk orders and no reseller here , stuff skimmed and updated weekly!!!

Let us tell you in brief why you should work with us

We only use a ICQ 654821506 
Yahoo: gods.ccv159 --Gmail: [email protected]

BULK CVV2 VISA | MASTER | AMEX Valid Rate 98%

Selling Dumps Track 1&2 Good Fresh ,Track 1/2 Valid Rate 95%

Price for dumps:
Usa:
Visa Classic, MasterCard Standart - 60$
Visa Gold | Platinum | Business, MasterCard Gold | Platinum - 70$

Canada:
Visa Classic, MasterCard Standart - 90$
Visa Gold | Platinum | Business, MasterCard Gold | Platinum - 100$

EU, UK:
Classic/Standart =100$
Gold/Platinum =120$
Business/Signature/Purchase/Corporate/World =150$

Other countries:
MasterCard| Visa Classic - 70$
Visa Gold|Platinum|Corporate|Signature|Business ? 80$

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9c338fb7-acc6-469f-af9a-f842f4c137ba/selling-dumps-track-1amp2-fresh-good-track-12-valid-rate-95-dumps-101-amp-201?forum=TechNetEvents
Relevancy 49.45%

Specs CPU Intel core duo T Ghz and ghz Graphics Ati mobility radeon hd Ram Gb Running Windows Vista although some of my program files say So suddenly on june th my computer started acting more sluggishly and couldnt perform near as well as it did before I checked the updates and windows defender and mcafee were the only programs recently updated I defragged the hard drive searched for malware and spyware updated all drivers and none of it fixed my problem My rig was easily able to play p before and now the video lags terribly and the games the used to run super smoothly in range of fps now run at and average of fps or lower On clean boot the problem persists and i cant really tell if the or performing than to, it much not Computer malware used virus worse problem is there in safe mode because the only time i can really tell my computer is slowing down is when it is streaming video or playing games The weird thing is ive been messing with my video drivers to see if i can fix it and after using driver sweeper my graphics card didnt function my windows experience index went from a to i couldnt use windows aero but p ran smoothly as ever Once i reinstalled the drivers my index score went back up to but it cant play p Because of that fiddling around i cant install catalyst control center anymore it seems to install ok but when i open it there is an error message quot could not load file or assembly CLI implementation or one of its dependancies the system cannot find the file specified quot but it acts the same as when CCC was installed Im out of ideas now been fiddling with things for about a month but i think im going to have to use alien respawn i have an alienware to set my comp back to factory settings I really dont wanna do this because ill have to buy and external hard drive to back my data up and i dont Computer performing much worse than it used to, not virus or malware really have any surplus income for that Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you so much P S My svchost exe process that runs services like superfetch network connection desktop window manager etc is using k memory at all times this lowers to below k if i stop superfetch and my cpu sits at about usage with spikes up to when idling

A:Computer performing much worse than it used to, not virus or malware

In addition to a full antivirus scan, did you make a full scan with malwarebytes?
If so make a memory test
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic...ing-memtest86/

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/291062-computer-performing-much-worse-than-used-not-virus-malware.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi recently my computer has become overrun by some kind of virus I believe it happend after I ignored one of those google warnings that a site was unsafe to browse way performing computer specs pop below pauses, ups, unusual Now whenever I open up Firefox I try to use IE as little as possible I get popups from IE and then some popup tabs on Firefox as well Also when using various media playback programs pop ups, unusual pauses, computer performing way below specs occasionally my entire computer will stutter for about - seconds I am thinking it is doing this because some sort of unknown process is being run in the background In addition my computer has been running painfully slow I have a ghz p w gigs of RAM but you would never know it the way this thing moves along Even the simplest programs sometimes take at least seconds just to load This was never the case when my computer was running quot clean quot Anyways here's my log from hijack this I ran Ad-Aware and Spybot then HJthis rebooted and ran HJthis again and this is what it produced Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files TiVo Shared Beacon TiVoBeacon exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop hjthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www mcmfactory com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride microsoft com launch com javascript launchRadio yahoo com launchcast com steampowered com lt local gt O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar i-Lighter Bar - ae b- d - a -af - ea e - mscoree dll file missing O - HKLM Run Pure Networks Port Magic O - HKLM Run mmgr c C WINDOWS System mmgr c exe O - HKLM Run cbwau C WINDOWS cbwau exe O - HKLM Run srcpp C WINDOWS srcpp exe O - HKLM Run STOPzilla quot C Program Files STOPzilla Stopzilla exe quot autorun O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched O - HKLM Run vghgv C WINDOWS vghgv exe O - HKLM Run PSPVideo O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run i-Lighter C Program Files i-Lighter Desktop pbx exe O - HKLM Run i-Lighter Extensions C Program Files i-Lighter extinst exe C Program Files i-Lighter O - HKLM Run UVS Preload O - HKLM Run WindowsService rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system qblktsyh dll quot realset O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run InfoData rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system oqemktvi dll quot realset O - HKLM RunServices Configurations Loader svchost exe O - HKCU Run Steam quot c program files steam steam exe quot -silent O - HKCU Run ebpmon C WINDOWS system ebpmon exe O - HKCU Run winservice C WINDOWS services s... Read more

A:pop ups, unusual pauses, computer performing way below specs

Hi and welcome to TSF

My name is Iain and I will be helping you clean your system.

I?m afraid not everything is legit ? you do have a selection of Trojans we need to dispose of.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix. You should not have any open browsers or live internet connections when you are following the procedures below.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your log is clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Show Hidden Files
Go to My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View tab and make sure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled. Also make sure that the System files and Folders are showing / visible. Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files option.

Downloads
Please download Cleanup! or use this Alternate Link if the main link does not work and install it. You will use this later.
*NOTE* Cleanup deletes EVERYTHING out of temporary folders and does NOT make backups. If you have any files in any TEMP directory and you need to keep them, then please MOVE THEM NOW!

Download AVG Anti Spyware

Use the link at the bottom of the page under "AVG Anti-Spyware Free for Windows"

Install AVG Anti Spyware
Double-click the icon on Desktop to launch AVG
On the top of the main screen click Shield
Click the word active to change it to inactive
On the top of the main screen click Update.
Then click on Start Update. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
Under "Reports"Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
Un-Select "Only if threats were found"

When you have finished updating, EXIT AVG Anti Spyware.

Please download combofix.exe to your desktop.
Alternate link.

IMPORTANT - You must place combofix on your desktop!!

Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

When finished, the tool will produce a log for you at c:\combofix.txt. Post that log in your next reply.

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.

Reboot
Reboot your system in Safe Mode.Restart the computer. The computer begins processing a set of instructions known as BIOS.
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8 (dependent on your system this may be F5 or another key)
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
Use the arrow key to highlight Safe Mode and press Enter.

HijackThis Entries
Open Hijack This and click on Scan. Check the following entries (if they still exist) (make sure you do not miss any)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmgr32c] C:\WINDOWS\System32\mmgr32c.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cbwau] C:\WINDOWS\cbwau.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [srcpp32] C:\WINDOWS\srcpp32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vghgv] C:\WINDOWS\vghgv.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ebpmon24] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ebpmon24.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [winservice] C:\WINDOWS\services\svchost.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.windupdates.com
O19 - User stylesheet: (file missing)
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: repairs.dll

Please remember to close all other windows, including browsers then click Fix checked.

File Deletions
Delete the follo... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/pop-ups-unusual-pauses-computer-performing-way-below-specs-154787.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Alright Several months ago when I launched a game my computer crashed The screen simply went black but stayed on and a buzz emitted from the speakers After about a minute the screen's signal cut out and the screen turned off The CAPS lock on the keyboard did not respond At the exact moment of the crash one of the fans in the computer started spinning very noisily The system could not recover and the only solution was to perform a hard shutoff This happened whenever I launched the game Then it started happening when I launched Google earth After about minutes of use it would happen except with no sound emitting from the speakers About a month ago it started happening after a while whenever there were multiple users logged into the computer or if I were using Google Chrome About last week crashes certain while tasks. Computer randomly performing it started happening when any type of video was being played after anywhere from to minutes What I noticed about the crashes is that a buzz only emits from the speakers if there was sound being played before When playing flash video the sound would sometimes continue playing into the crash - that is the actual sound from the video It would play much lower slower and in a sort of buzzing manner The crashes seem to be random but much more likely in certain situations and are happening more and more often in more and more situations I Computer crashes randomly while performing certain tasks. have not gotten a BSOD and the system does not report anything more than that the computer did not shutdown properly I am completely at a loss as to what could be causing this issue I am running an Acer Aspire M -E Specs Intel Core Quad CPU cores Q GHz GB DDR RAM Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack Build -bit OEM BIOS American Megatrends Inc P -A SMBIOS version Nvidia High Definition Audio this strangely appears times in my device manager window Realtek High Definition Audio stranger yet NVIDIA GeForce GT MB GB formatted NTFS hard drive unknown what kind I have not modified the hardware

A:Computer crashes randomly while performing certain tasks.

Just a quick note: The computer was purchased on Dec. 26 2009

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-crashes-randomly-while-performing-certain-tasks-578748.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My computer has crashed twice within the last few hours and is performing poorly in general now. So I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with it.

My computer has:
- AMD 3.20 GHz processor
- 4.00 GB RAM
- 32-bit OS

Description of the problem:
- Runs slowly
- Has been crashing

I'm not very familiar with trouble shooting for my computer so I apologize for the post which asks for help, but only vaguely identifies the problem. Help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

A:Computer is performing poorly, trying to figure out the problem.

Welcome hangubermensch,

Do you get a crash report? If so what does it state?

Start up programs can slow things down as they take resources to operate them along with smooth functioning. Check this out for some info Startup Programs - Change

As for other sluggish effects; too many processes being opened will bog your machine down drastically. Try and go through and see which processes you really need to be running and turn off the ones you don't (a lot can be running without you ever knowing check with Ctrl+Esc)

Also depending on your situation, you can always check out the ever helpful Optimize Windows 7

Hope this gets you off to the right direction

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/286325-computer-performing-poorly-trying-figure-out-problem.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hit Start> Right Click on Computer, select Properties from the list> In the popup window on the left side select Advanced System Settings.

In the Advanced System Properties Box under Startup and Recovery select Settings.

Verify the settings are set as shown below.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/how-to-check-computer-is-set-to-collect-dumps-655633.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My computer is a Compaq Presario SR NX The computers been running slow lately and I had some strange pop-ups earlier today Asap - COMPUTER Need Help EMERGENCY I tried to run a scan with my Kaspersky anti virus but it didn t progress past so I ended it Later I don t know if this has anything to do with it or not but I decided to clean up dust off my keyboard I must have hit an odd combination of keys because the screen went blank The Icons Start bar etc COMPUTER EMERGENCY - Need Help Asap are gone I m able to get the Task Manager board up by hitting Con Alt Delete but that s all I m able to restart the computer from there and access the F or F functions during boot up but that s it I have a real Emergency on my hands here I need to get the computer up and running in the next few hours if at all possible It s the family computer that we all share I m writing this off of my laptop Please Help

A:COMPUTER EMERGENCY - Need Help Asap

I really do need the help. Is there a reason no one's even posted a response?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/179645/computer-emergency-need-help-asap/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am getting beeps coming from my computer...
There is a high pitch beep and then a deeper sounding beep.. the beeps are getting more and more frequent..... I've never had this happen before.

Is it going to crash? I need Help Please.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi! I am new-ish to the forums but I just started noticing about a month ago that my computer is slowing down, I haven't used Hijackthis on this computer so I thought I might send you guys my log file and see what you think of it. Hopefully I don't have anything malicious, I just don't know what the cause of the slowdown could be! Thank you very much. Oh and my version of Vista is 32-bit. The log is attached.

A:*No emergency* Computer slowdown.

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Post both logs (no need to zip attach.txt).Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------Please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the followingThe cleaning process is not instant. DDS logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do no... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/293751/no-emergency-computer-slowdown/
Relevancy 49.02%

My computer at first just wouldn't let me send out-going email through outlook. Then everytime I started up the computer the monitor won't show up, it takes a few shutting on and off by pressing the button on the front of the computer to get the monitor to get going. Shutdown does this as well except I have to shut down manually, it won't shut down by itself. Then all of the sudden Internet Explorer won't open and all my other programs take about 15-20 minutes to open, everything is slow! Is it a virus, spyware, what is it? I have ran Ad-ware on it and it didn't find anything, and I'm running CA Antivirus now. Can someone please help?

P.S. I've also had spybot scanning, I started scanning last night and it still isn't done over 12 hours later.

A:Computer Problem - Emergency

Hi mizz_britain and welcome to TSF !

Monitor issues have to be hardware related, probably power supply or video card. Does the monitor take its power from the wall outlet or from the computer ?

You'll need to tell us more about your system specs. If this is some brand computer then what's the brand and model. If it's a custom built desktop then look at the posting system specs link in my sig and don't forget to open the computer case to give us the brand, model and wattage of the power supply (on the sticker on the side of the power supply block).

If this is a desktop clean any dust you see inside the case with a can of compressed air (5-10$ at your local computer or electronics shop), focus on the fans and heatsinks. Check that the video card is hooked properly and that the CPU heatsink doesn't move. Restart the computer and check that all the fans spin properly (CPU, power supply and video card).

Enter the BIOS at startup (press del at startup or look for some "press xx to enter setup" message) and search for the hardware monitor screen, report your temps, fan speeds and voltages from there.

If you shut the computer down with the power button there are probably errors in the file system. Go to start => run and type chkdsk c: /R. You'll be prompted to restart the computer and the scan will run at startup. It'll take some time, once you're back in Windows go to start => run and type eventvwr.msc. Click on application on the left and locate the latest winlogon event under source in the right tab. Double-click that event to have the results of the chkdsk scan. Click on the third button on the right to copy the info in memory then right-click => paste it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-problem-emergency-290642.html
Relevancy 49.02%

On my other computer I was removing viruses (Spybot, Tauscan) and I went to one of the sites and downloaded DLExpert (I think thats what its called) and after that my computer crashed. It started up and then shut down several times. I restarted it in safe mode and tried system restore but now it tells me when I reboot that the windows\system32\config\system file is "corrupt or missing"

What should I do? I would rather not have to buy an entirely new one..

A:Emergency: Computer Crashed

Closing triplicate post.

Please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/t300826.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emergency-computer-crashed.300794/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi There

Running Avast 12.3.2280 right now, and Malware bytes for on demand protection

Anyways started having System Process using CPU all the way up to 91 percent at times, it's down now, first scan with Malwarebytes found backdoor.spynet in wsusoffline zip file I think it was, Second scan with Eset online scan found 2 more infected files, names unknown yet, Defender other night when I was running that found Trojan Dropper in Temporary internet files, should I just backup data and do a clean install? do I need to wipe the hard drive first, it's a 2tb drive that will take ages to do, but I will do it if needed.

Help advice really needed this time

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/64550-computer-infection-emergency.html
Relevancy 49.02%

About - weeks GTX well; 570 performing 012-1573 crashes OC HD not computer Card EVGA ago EVGA GTX 570 HD OC 012-1573 Card not performing well; crashes computer I posted here when I was searching for GTX cards for my sons for Christmas After much debate we settled on the EVGA HD Superclocked I thought I should post my experiences with the card having played games with it for the last hours Installation of the drivers was untidy We had to install uninstall and reinstall several times to get both Benq GL HD monitors working Initially we could only get the DVI connected screen to work The HDMI screen remained black but was not lacking a signal just an image All up minutes to get the card working properly What little documentation that came with the card was attrocious Then the problems started Playing Payday The heist first which is not a high end game by any means the computer screen would go black for a second or two and the computer would restart Maximum playing time before this happened was minutes We played around with the fan settings using EVGA Precision to see if we could manage the GPU temp which was hitting C To our horror at settings over the card made sounds like a jet taking off but had little impact on the temperature and the system still restarted We did not change any other settings No changes to voltages or clock settings at all So then we tried other games In no game could we keep the GPU temp under C even with the fan maxxed out at These include APB Reloaded Skyrim Half Life Black Ops and so on The only way to go past with the fan is to install the firmware update but I'm concerned about being able to return the card So we haven't done that Besides which the noise of the fan is so loud we had to yell at each other to be heard The systems are I - 's at stock settings The systems have gb of Corsair CL Mhz RAM on a P A-UD R mobo The systems have Noctua NH-U B-SE after market coolers and the ambient room temperature is C These systems are running at C idle and at C - C playing games which is not too shabby So I put in the other card I purchased Same symptoms exactly So I tried both cards in another PC This one had a Z X-UD R mobo but everything else was the same The systems have W Antec Power supplies in Antec Two cases The cabling in the case has been tidied up and all fans are operational in the case I believe I have the two PCI connectors for the card running off different v rails One is a native PCI connected from the PSU the other is connected from a PATA cable with a PCI connector converter The previous cards were GTX OC GB with dual fans The EVGA only has a single fan The noise on the Gigabyte was negligible The temps when we troubled to look at them never seemed to exceed C But no game the kids played even on high settings trroubled the card at all So I'm planning to speak to ScorpTec on Wednesday and see if I can exchange the cards for the Gigabyte versions Unless someone has anything to offer that might point to a solution with the EVGA cards Anyone thanks Tanya

A:EVGA GTX 570 HD OC 012-1573 Card not performing well; crashes computer

Someone forgot the thermal paste? I would try to get the cards exchanged....

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/204374-evga-gtx-570-hd-oc-012-1573-card-not-performing-well-crashes-computer.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey everyone So I was just working on Photoshop on my desktop when all of a sudden I get a BSOD saying that the memory is being dumped I didn't get a to dumps fails memory reboot Computer then long enough look to see the description though Computer memory dumps then fails to reboot But after Computer memory dumps then fails to reboot it went away I noticed the computer would no longer post The screens wouldn't even flicker to show me the computer stats So this led me to believe that it could have been my video card that fried or something Once I hit the power button I can hear the Computer memory dumps then fails to reboot video card fan spinning at maximum but it won't wind down like it usually does Could it have just fried from Photoshop Also since there was a memory dump prior to all this could it have just been the memory that fried With that said here are the specs for my rather old system AMD X socket ASRock DUAL-VSTA motherboard EVGA GTX G skill gb DDR RAM Hitachi tb HDD Corsair w PSU

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-memory-dumps-then-fails-to-reboot-590243.html
Relevancy 49.02%

this happens most of the time when i'm online aol games, however, it also happens when i'm just online, using windows 2000 pro, can this be resolved without having to reinstall the os because there's alot of work involved with installer drivers that were not included in the cd - purchased 2nd hand so different things were added after..thanks- it also has different msgs when it decides to dump whether this makes any difference as to why i guess you'll be able to determine that if someone else has had the same experience or if you just know because you know this can happen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-dumps-while-playing-online-games-on-aol.291538/
Relevancy 48.59%

My PC seems to have stopped working. When I turn it on, the power supply and cpu fan both turn for about a second and it dies. I replaced the power supply and the same thing occurs. I replaced the CMOS battery, reseatted the CPU, Memory and Bios chip. I have disconnected all devices (HD, DVD...) and the same thing occurs.

This is not a new machine. It was working but recently would reboot at will. (I thought it was a virus but Norton and Mcaffee report none.

MB=P4MMV2
CPU=Intel P4 1.7
RAM=256Mb

HELP!!!

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys I got infected with the legendary silent assasin the heur virus virut aswell last night and it is literally destroying my computer I ve run Computer Emergency Heur - Virus... many scans and it s gotten to a point where I Computer Emergency - Heur Virus... turn my computer on this morning couple of hours ago and I can login but I have no desktop icons and no taskbar start menu nothing I can t even start in safe mode This computer is filled with business information and school reports So it s somewhat important to say the least I m running spybot s amp d as we speak and am hoping that would give Computer Emergency - Heur Virus... me something I spoke to an I T guy on the phone and his only suggestion was to take out the hard drive plug it into another computer the one I m currently typing off of And scan Computer Emergency - Heur Virus... the entire hard drive using the same programs but do not access the hard drive at all This is causing serious problems if anyone has any suggestions at all I would be grateful I can also run HijackThis and bring the log over on USB and paste it if requested Thank you nbsp

A:Computer Emergency - Heur Virus...

UPDATE:

I found a virut fix on AVG's website and ran that, it finished in a matter of seconds and I rebooted the computer.

The computer is now at a blue screen going through all files I believe, and trying delete the virus.
Any ideas on what to do if this method does not work?
I will update when it has finished doing what its doing.
Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-emergency-heur-virus.873834/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to make my computer faster, as in - booting, or accessing files, but it seems to have gotten worse.

I have edited Windows 7 so that almost NO applications are running at startup
Gotten rid of some visual effects
and Defragged C:/

But now it is even slower than before
In case this is a hardware problem, these are my specs:

intel core i3
2.00GB RAM
HDD, not using SSD
Running Windows 7 Home Premium

A:Computer performing even worse after tweaks to apps running at startup

Fill full computer specs, get an startup manager and post a screenshot of whats being loaded on startup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/244368-computer-performing-even-worse-after-tweaks-apps-running-startup.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi the problem I am having at the moment is trying to install updates for my graphics card Every time I run the installer it loads up and then just boot's the computer every time I'm not sure if this is virus related or not Another issue is when I turn the computer when tasks Rebooting certain constant performing virus + Computer popup on I get a virus that reads something along the lines of a letter or two followed by a small stream of number c as an example This only happens when I turn the computer on not while using I have the log's from DSS and hopefully you Computer Rebooting when performing certain tasks + virus constant popup should be able to say if both my problems are caused by viruses and that they are fixable On a side note is there anyway I can REdownload the Pandascan ActiveX my Avast decided that it didn't like something and stopped it I can now no longer do that scan Thanks in Advance Dan Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Dan on - - at Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore is disabled attempting to re-enable success -- Last Restore Point s -- - Computer Rebooting when performing certain tasks + virus constant popup - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Dan exe ------------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Computer Rebooting when performing certain tasks + virus constant popup system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Stardock Object Desktop ThemeManager wbload exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA BTYAHO Help SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings Dan Desktop dss exe C PROGRA HIJACK Dan exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com c o bt side html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk red clientapps yahoo com c rch yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft S... Read more

A:Computer Rebooting when performing certain tasks + virus constant popup

As it doesn't want to let me edit, that virus popped up when I booted my computer.

File Name: C:/cp1041.nls
Malware Name: Win32:Trojan-gen.{Other}
Malware Type: Virus/Worm
VPS Version: 000745-2

Comes up every time and gets deleted.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-rebooting-when-performing-certain-tasks-virus-constant-popup-159312.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey folks I've been trying to diagnose this issue on my own for a few months as I've had time but have finally reached the limits of my own knowledge I've seen some great diagnostics come out of this forum so I figured I'd reach out for some help OS - WIndows x Windows OEM - purchased and installed personally All hardware purchased December Age of OS installation Months - upgraded to windows with the free upgrade cycle Problem existed on previous gaming starting BSODs browsing tasks to performing computer from to the various OS install as well CPU - AMD FX - Six-Core Processor CPUs GHz Video Card Geforce GTX ti MotherBoard - MSI A-G Power Supply - Cooler Master V Watt System Manufacturer - Manual Build Exact model number - N A Laptop or Desktop Desktop Previous Troubleshooting - Ran windows updates - Ran system file checker - Modified size of Page file to exceed installed memory by default windows had it at GB - Reseated all hardware - Re applied thermal paste to CPU BSODs performing various tasks from gaming to browsing to starting the computer - Updated to latest NVidia Geforce drivers - BSODs performing various tasks from gaming to browsing to starting the computer Used DDU to BSODs performing various tasks from gaming to browsing to starting the computer uninstall said drivers and rolled back to earlier supposedly stable build - Can revert if necessary - Ran overheating test with HWMonitor - however due to nature of crashes have been unable to detect issue - Ran an extreme stress test on PC using Heaven Benchmark in windowed mode with highest graphics setting and simultaneous Prime blend test to stress CPU - no heat issues after an hour but I don't doubt it could still be an issue Further information WIndows has generated a couple TDR errors x and x where the drivers stopped responding I'm assuming that the crashes may be x types as a result but haven't been able to nail down the cause just yet Sysnative File Collection Below - but Perfmon is currently hanging at Collecting data for seconds for over minutes Working on solving that problem now and will update thread with other files as able

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624362/bsods-performing-various-tasks-from-gaming-to-browsing-to-starting-the-computer/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all I need a bit of help. I am trying to update this fireware on this smartpen but my computer keeps crashing the moment i try to update it.

i've posted the BSOD and of course I will do the report soon

basicly what I have done is tried to uninstall the driver and reinstall
result: nothing but a BSOD

needing advise of how to fix this problem or ideas.

I know there is nothing wrong with the smartpen (95% sure) as I have previously had this problem and just updated it on another computer, however that isn't going the fix the problem in the long run.

thanks

A:[SOLVED] computer not Producing Memory Dumps just hangs

Fireware? Do you meant Firmware? If you have already updated the Firmware on the Smartpen, then you don't need to updated it again. And you cannot uninstall a firmware update once it is done.Firmware is not like a driver, it doesn't need to be done on each computer it is on, when you update the Firmware, it hard codes it into the device.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-computer-not-producing-memory-dumps-just-hangs-526629.html