Windows Support Forum

Admin account issue:unable to install some software and no complete control over PC?

Q: Admin account issue:unable to install some software and no complete control over PC?

( I am wring in short due to less time,inconvenience regretted )

One customer came to me (tech support ) and said as in the title.

1.Enabled the admin account in user accounts.

2. gave the trouble shooting steps as in the following link.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555910

But

Issue is not resolved

Could you suggest me alternate solution?

It is urgent!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Admin account issue:unable to install some software and no complete control over PC?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Admin account issue:unable to install some software and no complete control over PC?

bspkumar said:

( I am wring in short due to less time,inconvenience regretted )

One customer came to me (tech support ) and said as in the title.

1.Enabled the admin account in user accounts.

2. gave the trouble shooting steps as in the following link.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555910

But

Issue is not resolved

Could you suggest me alternate solution?

It is urgent!Click to expand...

Well, Vista is not my forte, but I do use it, so I'll try.

Please give more information about your customer's setup. I know you are short of time, but difficult to advise without more info. I haven't had any trouble installing s/w.

It shouldn't be necessary ordinarily to go through all that rigmarole in the Microsoft article, just to install software. Is your user logged in as a local administrator (as opposed to a standard user)? - that should suffice. If you can say:

Which edition of Vista is he running?

He must have a local administrator account set up on his machine - I understand that is done by default when installing. Is he using it?

What software is he trying to install?

And what do you mean by "no control over PC"?

Sorry not to be more help without the details. But a local administrator (User Accounts) should be able to install software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-account-issue-unable-to-install-some-software-and-no-complete-control-over-pc.771870/
Relevancy 91.59%

I am not sure when this issue occurred but I noticed it today Problem I certain acces to control unable panels account from admin am unable to acces certain CP from the admin account These CP include quot advanced system settings quot and quot remote setings quot When clicked nothing happens So far all the unresponsive CP I have identified are quot admin CP quot they have the little multicolored circle next to them Odly I AM able to acces SOME admin CP ie quot device manager quot I have tried creating a new admin user from which all the CP works fine I have scanned for virus with AVIR to no avail I unable to acces certain control panels from admin account have scanned registry etc with Tuneup utilities also to no avail Recently I seem to have lost a few fonts like Times new Roman missing from all users no idea if the issues are related Problems remains on safeboot unable to acces certain control panels from admin account Could this have to do with permissions I have recently changed the UAC levels back and forth EDIT just tried all four UAC settings On the highset security level UAC prompts me when I press the unresponsive CP after I press ok nothing happens On the lower levels nothing happens whatsoever Just tried copying my user to a new user but gave it up as a reinstall unable to acces certain control panels from admin account seems more sensible gonna keep trying for a few more days though as I'd like to know what the cause of the issue is I am running win ultimate - - slightly tweaked services and such but nothing that I can immaginbe to cause this issue EDIT Upgraded to authentic windows yesterday could this be the cause Service tweaks NET STOP quot Adaptive Brightness quot sc config SensrSvc start demand NET STOP quot TPM Base Services quot sc config TBS start demand NET STOP quot Windows Biometric Service quot sc config WbioSrvc start demand NET STOP quot CardSpace quot sc config idsvc start demand NET STOP quot Windows Defender quot sc config WinDefend start demand NET STOP quot Windows Media Center Receiver Service quot sc config ehRecvr start demand NET STOP quot Smart Card quot sc config SCardSvr start demand NET STOP quot Smart Card Removal Policy quot sc config SCPolicySvc start demand NET STOP quot Offline Files quot sc config CscService start demand NET STOP quot Parental Controls quot sc config WPCSvc start demand NET STOP quot Distributed Link Tracking Client quot sc config TrkWks start demand several tweaks from programs like tuneup utilities and similar

A:unable to acces certain control panels from admin account

Where do you see these CP items? They do not appear in my Control Panel at all. Are you talking about System Properties?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/121687-unable-acces-certain-control-panels-admin-account.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Running xp home sp Hi everyone hope you able to help account admin not me Home XP install letting software me XP Home admin account not letting me install software I have had to do fresh installs of xp now as I keep coming acroos the same problem I have set up accounts only of them is an administrator the other are limited accounts Now when I try to install software using the the account with XP Home admin account not letting me install software admin priveliges such as vlc it asks for the password for the admin account which is fine I can then click through the next pages to prepare the install but once I click install it starts the process but skips a hell of a lot of files such as plugins that are vital to run the software making it useless I know it has something to do with the priveliges as I am able to install software normally with all users having admin priveliges Soon as I make accounts limited and password the admin account I cant install anything Even if I unrestrict users accounts after and remove the admin password to install software still asks me for password So the only way to be able to install software again after doing these changes is to do a fresh install of xp and keep all users with admin priveliges and not password protect accounts which isnt what I am trying to achieve Has anyone had the same problem and know of a solution Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

There must be a way around the nonsense...??
Assume I understand the risks.

A:Take complete control/full admin rights...???

There are registry modifications that can give a user complete admin rights by default. I believe How To Geek has them.

Also, you can run explorer.exe using GivemePower which would grant system level rights to everything (higher than administrator).

Don't let anyone talk you out of this, I have had UAC disabled completely for years and the above registry mod without issue. It grantly enhances the Windows experience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566307/take-complete-controlfull-admin-rights/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi guys,

I recently did a reinstall and I remember there was a way to make my default account have complete control of windows, with full access/rights/permissions/privileges. I did search for it but couldn't find it. Can someone guide me to it.

Thanks.

A:Get complete control, true admin, full rights and priveleges

Hello thegr8anand,

Other than using the built-in elevated "Administrator" account, you could use the tutorial below to elevate your account.

User Account Control (UAC) - Elevate Privilege Level - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/273838-get-complete-control-true-admin-full-rights-priveleges.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Afternoon all Looking to see if anyone has any information about local admin control while on a domain Basically we'd like to give our laptop users the ability to use UAC with a local administrative account but we want to ensure that users or anyone for that matter do not have Admin UAC Control Account the ability to log into that local admin account Basically an Admin account with all the permissions it needs to uplift the standard user's permissions that has no profile to log into We've come into situations where we've been giving a UAC Admin Account Control local admin account to travelers with their laptops only to find on their return that they've created their own local UAC Admin Account Control admin accounts with their temporary travel account to circumvent UAC when they are back in the office Which of course is completely unacceptable Is it possible to create the local account log into it then log off log into another Admin account and give the new local account quot no permissions quot to any of its user folders What are the side effects of doing that

A:UAC Admin Account Control

Not entirely sure what you're after, but I would suggest using a simple standard account and giving them the permissions they need to use what programs you allow them to use. Also, you can lower the UAC settings to prompt less often or not at all (As they wont be administrative, they wont be able to get around the UAC).

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/140354-uac-admin-account-control.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Recently I did a clean install from the windows installation tool off a CD I made. Soon after logging on and making my first account (again!) I couldn't open the C drive. I messed with the owner options and made my account the owner so I could open it. Possibly before or maybe after (I'm not sure) I realised I wasn't able to use any admin settings, (like add another account or see advanced system settings) open any applications that required admin rights (like CMD or any installation file) or do anything in the system menu. I've tried to look up the solution but can't find anything that fits the description of my problem. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance for at least reading this.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59249-no-admin-rights-admin-account-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Unable to change User Account Control settings in Windows 7

I am unable to access my User Account Setting in Windows 7 when I click on it nothing comes up , even though I'm logged in as an administrator. When I click on "Change User Account Control Settings", absolutely nothing happens.

I am not able to access cmd as a admin.I have only one account and that is my admin account.When I click on admin cmd it open but when I right click and try to access it as a administrator nothing comes up.

I am also not able to install any new software on to my computer it show a Pop-up window user account control do you really want to allow this file to make changed on your computer I say yes and nothing happens

Can anyone please help me with this Thanks!

A:I am not able to access User Account Control on win 7 Pro using admin.

Sounds like you have lost administrator rights.
Are you sure your password is correct?

Check and see if you can go to a restore point before this happened.
It might not let you do this either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/321132-i-am-not-able-access-user-account-control-win-7-pro-using-admin.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Apparently, my Control Panel is nowhere to be found.
I've looked everywhere, and when I try to search for it in run, it says I don't have administrative permissions, even though I'm on the Owner account, and there IS no other account. Also, because of the lack of permissions, I can't install anything or change my clock. Help? If you need more information, please tell me what and I'll try to explain myself better. Thank you!

A:XP: Missing Control Panel and No Admin Account!

Welcome to TSG forums.
Not sure this will work , but you might try right clicking on my computer (in Vista computer) and select manage. there is a menu of several choices there, click on User, then again on user when the box opens, you should be able to access the administrator and or change the user stuff there.
post back and let us know how it goes.
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-missing-control-panel-and-no-admin-account.873962/
Relevancy 73.1%

A client of mine has a system whose administrator account has been restricted. No Windows Update, no Control Panel, can't RIGHT-click on My Computer and select Properties.

Solution?

A:Admin account restricted - no control panel

If this is Windows XP Professional, have you checked the Group Policy?
Start => Run and type in gpedit.msc

For the Updates look in:
User Configuration
Administrative Templates
Windows Components
Windows Update

For the Right-click context menu look in:
User Configuration
Administrative Templates
Windows Components
Explorer

For the Control Panel look in:
User Configuration
Administrative Templates
Control Panel

Set any entries to "Not Configured".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-account-restricted-no-control-panel.640727/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have two user accounts on Vista Home Pro.
One is a standard, limited user account (password protected) and the other is my admin account (obviously with admin privileges and password protected).

I am not sure when this started happening but I am unable to launch control panel under my admin account.
I get a pop-up of "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".
The title bar of this pop-up has "::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}"

What I can do is launch control panel from my standard/limited user account and, when prompted, enter the admin password.
Seems my Admin account has somehow become corrupted. If so how can I fix it?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Walter

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/123126-admin-account-cant-access-control-panel.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have changed the UAC in my (Admin) account to turn it off. I have accounts for 3 other people, regular user accounts.
On those regular accounts, if you try to start several of the games I have installed (LOTRO, Neverwinter, etc.) UAC stops the game from loading, asks if you will allow, then rejects it as you need to be logged in as ADMIN to give permission.

I checked UAC while logged into a regular account, and it is turned on (After I turned it off in ADMIN account). It will not let me change the setting, saying I need to be logged in as ADMIN.

Now, I am NOT going to give my 8 year old granddaughter ADMIN rights, so how do I turn off UAC in that account?

A:User Account Control will not change in non-admin accounts

Hello mac,

UAC settings can only be changed by an administrator. In addition, UAC settings are applied globally to all users on the PC.

User Account Control (UAC) - Change Settings in Windows 10

As a workaround, you could see if using the tutorial below to create an elevated shortcut that a standard user can use without getting a UAC prompt may help. However, this method does not always work for games.

Elevated Program Shortcut - Create for Standard User - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/57882-user-account-control-will-not-change-non-admin-accounts.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP account - Admin restricted Log missing etc. panel, for control WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C PROGRA MAILCO RMPwpCli exe C WINDOWS system svchost Log for restricted Admin account - missing control panel, etc. exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqnrs exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Mail Connector PwpUpdtr exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopDisplay exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings kenneth My Documents Program Setup Files hijackthis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system HPZinw exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run DMXLauncher C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run DLA C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run MSKDetectorExe C Program Files McAfee SpamKiller MSKDetct exe uninstall O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run THGuard quot C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe quot O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run DellSupport quot C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe quot startup O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUP... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/log-for-restricted-admin-account-missing-control-panel-etc.640730/
Relevancy 72.24%

I m a new convert to win from XP so forgive the newbie questions I have a program installed that came with my SSD hard drive by Samsung and every time I start windows I get a pop up box saying quot Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer quot Samsung Magician Application I click yes How do I make it stop notifying me on this Under settings I lowered the Control User Privileges Admin and Account Notification bar to the nd notch up on the scale of quot always quot to quot never quot I can t eliminate notifications User Account Control Notification and Admin Privileges on a per application basis I don t want to lower it to quot never quot because then I ll never be notified of something I might need to know Also most times when I try to drag a file into another folder I get a pop up saying I need Administrator privileges User Account Control Notification and Admin Privileges to do User Account Control Notification and Admin Privileges this and I click quot continue quot but it does it anyway When I installed windows I think I set myself as Administrator so I don t understand why it keeps telling me this but still performs the action nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

In my corporate pc I have the admin password and the admin account, but i have to work with my user id, I have changed it to the administrators group, but i can't see the full control panel.
Help please!

A:Admin group account can't access full control panel

Open Control panel then Rest your curser on the right facing black arrow head next to the words Control Panel in address bar and you will see a choice of views.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/268470-admin-group-account-cant-access-full-control-panel.html
Relevancy 70.52%

With an account that parental controls activated and wanting to run a program like MSI Afterburner or PlayClaw the User Account Control comes up for the program but it wants an Administrator password.
Is there any way to turn this off? I have tried to unblock all programs in the parental control settings but that doesn't work.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Turning off User Account Control Admin Password in Parental Controls

krechy welcome to our fouum.
Solving your problem is easy.

Ask your parents to turn off parental control or who ever turned on parental control.

Please read our forum rules.

http://www.sevenforums.com/misc.php?do=showrules

6) No discussions of hacking someones system, network, password, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/337643-turning-off-user-account-control-admin-password-parental-controls.html
Relevancy 70.52%

So I can't install my adobe acrobat pro unless I'm logged in under admin.
Any idea how I can do this to my other account?
This happens with multiple programs, not just adobe.
I am running windows xp Pro

A:Software won't run unless under admin account

make the other accounts admin. or install software for all the users.

if you only have limited account restart computer and keep pressing F8 button and when options show up choose Safe Mode and choose Administrators Account.

Hope it helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/software-wont-run-unless-under-admin-account.139350/
Relevancy 69.66%

Any response given will be greatly appreciated even if there's nothing or Admin User log in account Unable to to you can do to help me First I don't know much about computers so I'll explain the problem the best Unable to log in to User or Admin account I can I got a little bubble telling me I had a spyware then an IE window FF is my default browser came up with an ad for some antispyware xp or something I closed it and ran a scan with AVG It found or threats one was Vundo can't remember the others After it finished it said to restart which I did When it resarted it went to the screen where you pick an account to sign in Normally it does not go to this screen I only have one account which does not have a password I clicked on it the screen blinked then it logged out of the account I went into safe mode tried the same for the admin account and the same thing happened I'm typing this on my PS so I'll be quick to respond Again thank you to anyone who responds

A:Unable to log in to User or Admin account

Hi bill1228 and welcome to TSF !

This worked for other users :
Fix Windows XP Log On/Log Off Loop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-log-in-to-user-or-admin-account-379306.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I keep trying to log onto my computer and get the error message: "Unable to log you on because your account has been locked out, please contact your administrator." I am using Windows XP operating system.
If it were just an issue of logging on with the administrator account and resetting my account, I could do that. Only it won't even let me log on with my administrator account. I'm not sure what to do. This happened to my computer once a few years back and I ended up having to reformat my hard drive and lost everything. I really don't want to risk losing all of my files again, I don't have anything backed up.
Is there any advice you can give me to get back on my computer?
Thanks!

A:Unable to log you on because your account has been locked out... cant log in as admin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-log-you-on-because-your-account-has-been-locked-out-cant-log-in-as-admin.987837/
Relevancy 69.66%

hi guys, i am unable to log into my admin account, i put my password in and it just says "user profile device falied to login", i can't system restore because somehow its been turned off. i've tried the patch on the microsoft page but it doesn't seem to work, any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-log-into-my-admin-account-windows-7.1168672/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I do not have much info about OS hence this problem. I have windows vista home premium 32 bit installed on my laptop. There is only one user and therefore definitely with admin status (I also confirmed this by checking User Accounts in Control Panel). However, when I run certain applications (eg. MATLAB), it does not open by clicking on it. I have to right click and select 'Run as Administrator' to access it.

Another instance: When I tried changing the 'hosts' file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to block certain websites on my web browser(firefox), it displayed a message saying that I do not have the rights and I have to contact the administrator.

As of what I understand, its treating this Admin account as a standard user account atleast in some cases. Please let me know how do I resolve this so that all admin privileges are available in this account.

A:Admin account issue

Welcome
That run as administrator is put in place by the software. It is meant as a convenience. If you are in a regular users account, you can still run the software. There is no way to change that behavior.
Other files are system files and you are denied access, since you are just the owner and MS felt that you would damge the OS. You can give yourself permission, but I would suggest that you leave it the way it is.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288133-admin-account-issue.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I'm late to the game.  I purchased the Leapfrog Fly Fusion pen years ago and just attempted to install software on to the pentop.  Unfortunately to do so, it requires  an admin account with access to the "flyworld" servers which are no longer supported. I'm looking for a back door to create the admin account so that I can load the software onto the pen.  Any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511547/flyfusion-software-create-admin-account/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello I reset the Windows OS on a laptop I am giving to a friend I had set them up as the Admin but when I wanted to reinstall Office it asked for the account under which Office was originally installed So I added myself as an Admin and changed my friend to a standard user I restarted teh computer and now it does not recognize either one of us as an Admin I have gone through all of the advanced options in Troubleshoot but they all end up at PC; start admin to no account recognized Unable teh same point quot You need to sign in as aqn administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC quot Below that it says quot Forgot your passwword or don't see your account quot Unable to start PC; no admin account recognized When I click on that it says quot This list only shows administrator accounts that have previously signed into this PC and does not include standard user or domain accounts You need to be signed in as an administrator to use some repair and restore tools If you don't have a password for any of these accounts you can restart to try singing in to Windows to manage your user accounts quot I have restarted it about a dozen times and it goes straight from a bootup screen to a blue screen that says Automatic Repair Your PC did not start correctly Press quot Restart quot to restart your PC which can sometimes fix the problem You can also press quot Advanced options quot to try other options to repair your PC I'm stuck in a loop of that It won't let me make corrections without being signed on as an admin but it won't sign me on as an admin

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/54643-unable-start-pc-no-admin-account-recognized.html
Relevancy 68.8%

So Long story short got my computer back from my brother last night and Go Figure nothing seems to Windows any log other into Admin Unable to 7 account Built-In than work I started by trying to log into my account admin acct starts to log in but then displays quot The User Profile Service failed the logon quot At that point I turned to the internet for help Started here You receive quot The User Profile Service failed the logon I thought sounded like something I could do but sadly had no users that could actually complete this task I would open the regedit go to my account then when I tried to edit the said quot bak quot file it would tell me I didn't have permissions and anytime that I was prompted for my password I would type it in and it would accept it as far as to go away but wouldn't do anything I could type in wrong passwords and it would show an error for said wrong password At this point I restarted my computer set up my built-in Administrator and logged in as that admin I tried removing the quot bak quot it let me without prompting but after restarting it did nothing And when I looked in the regedit the quot bak quot was back also I had reset the RefCount and the other Windows 7 Unable to log into any Admin account other than Built-In key can't remember name SO I don't want this to get too big of a thread starter heres a quick list of what I tried Made new user can't log in with same issues Tried to edit users in control panel I get no prompt because using built in admin but nothing happens when I click on users link Ran sfc scannow got a really long log file and down't know what the most important snippet would be to supply but I thought maybe Code POQ ends - - Info CSI e SR Verify complete - - Info CSI e SR Repairing components - - Info CSI ea SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI eb Hashes for file member SystemRoot WinSxS x microsoft-windows-g -currency resources bf ad e en-us d ae efd d currency css do not match actual file l quot currency css quot Found l b i sINuSl DV H BVuI vtdioND z J R Br hPPQk Expected l b eNcp emjcQ sozAFiRAtaeewYbt QgLbEk jwFIhhA - - Info CSI ec SR Cannot repair member file l quot currency css quot of Microsoft-Windows-Gadgets-Currency Resources Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE INTEL Culture l quot en-US quot VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI ed Hashes for file member SystemRoot WinSxS x microsoft-windows-g -currency resources bf ad e en-us d ae efd d currency css do not match actual file l quot currency css quot Found l b i sINuSl DV H BVuI vtdioND z J R Br hPPQk Expected l b eNcp emjcQ sozAFiRAtaeewYbt QgLbEk jwFIhhA - - Info CSI ee SR Cannot repair member file l quot currency css quot of Microsoft-Windows-Gadgets-Currency Resources Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE INTEL Culture l quot en-US quot VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI ef SR This component was referenced by l quot Microsoft-Windows-Gadget-Platform-Package bf ad e amd en-US WindowsGadgetPlatform quot - - Info CSI f Hashes for file member C Program Files x Windows Sidebar Gadgets Currency Gadget en-US css currency css do not match actual file l quot currency css quot Found l b i sINuSl DV H BVuI vtdioND z J R Br hPPQk Expected l b eNcp emjcQ sozAFiRAtaeewYbt QgLbEk jwFIhhA - - Info CSI f Hashes for file member SystemRoot WinSxS x microsoft-windows-g -currency resources bf ad e en-us d ae efd d currency css do not match actual file l quot currency css quot Found l b i sINuSl DV H BVuI vtdioND z J R Br hPPQk Expected l b eNcp emjcQ sozAFiRAtaeewYbt QgLbEk jwFIhhA - - Info CSI f SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Program Files x Windows Sidebar Gadgets Currency Gadget en-US css quot l quot currency css quot source file in store is also corrupted - - Info CSI f Repair results created POQ starts Mov... Read more

A:Windows 7 Unable to log into any Admin account other than Built-In

Welcome
Apparently, you Brother did something to the computer that he should not have done.
I would run an system restore from a few days before you gave him the computer. Everything should go back to normal.
System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/243160-windows-7-unable-log-into-any-admin-account-other-than-built.html
Relevancy 68.37%

When I attempt to install an update or new software, I get a popbox requesting admin approval from the admin user account I created. But when I enter the admin password I get a wrong user/password error. So I left that standard user account (used by our sons) and tried to login to the admin account directly, but I get the same error.

It isn't a password mistake that's been the same for years.

Short of reinstalling Windows 7 can I remove that admin account or reset the password? Maybe from a prompt?

I'm not very familar with Windows 7. It's Home Premium 64-bit.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

A:User admin account preventing installation of software

You must have the password wrong. Password Reset

If you still have the factory install that is the worst possible install of Win7 one can have, larded with bloatware and duplicate utilities which interfere with better versions built into Win7. This would be a good time to do what most tech enthusiasts do and Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. Everything needed is in the blue link to get and keep a perfect install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/349315-user-admin-account-preventing-installation-software.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I've been given an old work PC (Windows 7 Pro) and I'm trying to remove the password for my user account. My account has admin status and as I understand it I need to disable the "Password must meet complexity requirements" under password policy but I don't have access. Here's what I see: http://i.imgur.com/ZwR5Be8.png

Does anyone know a way around this? I tried to log in on the Administrator account as well but it made no difference... Thanks!

A:Unable to change the Account Password Policy as an admin.

Hello and welcome furtwangler I have been using some old education department machines and sometimes you can find this info out in the BIOS - have you had a look it there.

I found that the machines I worked on were set up in a very convoluted manner too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/276805-unable-change-account-password-policy-admin.html
Relevancy 68.37%

This is a strange bug I seen once before in windows I was downloading a video file off megaupload with firefox Firefox makes files for a download the file itself and a temp file where all the data goes to till the download is done So I pick the dir where I want to place the file Windows admin delete bug? Unable to account file and I download it but right when it finishes I get a error message saying it dose not have access Windows admin account bug? Unable to delete file to save the file So there I get left with a kb file and a finished temp file I can move the temp file and edit out the part to use it but the blank file can't be deleted It clams I don't have administrator access to delete the file but I only have Windows admin account bug? Unable to delete file a admin account setup in use What can I do to fix this The last time it happened I deleted the temp file restarted and it was ok but I need a better solution for this stupid error

A:Windows admin account bug? Unable to delete file

Hello smsff7

Maybe an AV scan is in order, the AV scanner below is free, have a go.

Malwarebytes.org

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/70786-windows-admin-account-bug-unable-delete-file.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I Help, Need to Standard Major and to set unable change. Admin account was at my Math class and my roommate texted me telling me my computer started to freak out The computer turned itself on and the fans went extremely loud Need Major Help, Admin account set to Standard and unable to change. and a clicking noise started I have a Sager Clevo P So I get back to the room and my computer was off and everything seemed fine I started it up and my sticky keys were not set This happened before though sethc exe was not in the right spot I fixed this before by putting it where it correctly goes and allowing full control to my admin account I tried to do this again and it would not let me I went to User account and found out my only account on this computer is set to Standard Don't ask me how this is possible so now I have no admin account on my own computer and I don't have full control over it I tried bringing up the command prompt and manually activating an administrator account by doing net user administrator active yes and my access is denied because I am not an admin account I then booted my computer in safe mode and tried to access the admin account that way Which there was an admin account but a password attached to it The password is not what my password is and I did not set any other password because there was always only user So what the hell do I do I can not set an admin account and I am locked out of any other admin accounts please help

A:Need Major Help, Admin account set to Standard and unable to change.

If you have an install or repair disc try this How to Reset Your Forgotten Windows Password the Easy Way - How-To Geek

Or this if you have no disc How to Reset Your Windows Password Without an Install CD - How-To Geek

Don't trust your room mate, password protect your computer!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/267504-need-major-help-admin-account-set-standard-unable-change.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I use Time Sheriff by Imonitor (there's a similar program of the same name by Refog, but it is completely different) which is a program that limits the times per day that users can run programs on the computer (such as games). However if Time Sheriff is not set to "run as administrator" but the program (ex. Steam) is set to "run as administrator, then it simply bypasses the restrictions set by Time Sheriff and runs like normal. Any workaround for this?

A:Running program as admin bypasses parental control software

This behavior is by design.

You can't really impose any limits on someone logged in as an administrator (or running an application as one). Not unless they have very limited knowledge, in which case they shouldn't have an admin account anyway.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/running-program-as-admin-bypasses-parental-control-software-654255.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi This will be my second time using this site and I found the last time to be very helpful but forgive me if I have forgotten a few things and let me know what I can do to make it easier for you to help I have read up on others discussing similiar issues as mine but the details on these posts required hijack this logs and I am concerned to follow those instructions to the T because I know this can be different for each pc I recently had a slew of viruses infecting my computer O S Windows after my daughter years started And Administrator Panel As Unable The To Other Rights Access Admin Control going to her tweeny bopper sites and playing games Unable To Access Control Panel And Other Admin Rights As The Administrator My computer became almost nonfunctional but I worked and clean and worked and ran numerous scans and finally got it clean to a point I can browse again comfortably and do my normal business online Well I decided that I wanted to take advantage and use theanitvurus suite and firewall my HSI service provides me but found I am unable to access anything needing administrative priviledges error quot This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot Well I am the system administrator and I only have one other profile and I give it administrator rights I imagine since this only began after my numerous attempts to correct the problem myself using my allready installed antivirus AVG spybot search and destroy and adaware but I have a feeling something is still really wrong I am listing my hijack this log to see if it helps and forgive me again if I do this wrong Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system LEXBCES EXEC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system LEXPPS EXEC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINNT system hidserv exeC Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin ptssvc exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system stisvc exeC WINNT wanmpsvc exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT Explorer exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXEC Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmgr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmon exec Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AOL UserProfiles All Users antiSpyware dat updates aspapp sunsetAsp exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exec program files common files aol ee aolsoftware exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exeC PROGRA WINZIP winzip exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net a cookieattempt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet... Read more

A:Unable To Access Control Panel And Other Admin Rights As The Administrator

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum curlysinagainMy name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Download SDFix.exe and save it to your desktop:http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/RemovalTools/SDFix.exe* Double click on SDFix on your desktop,and install the fix to C:\ Please then reboot your computer into Safe Mode by doing the following:* Restart your computer* After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;* Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;* Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".* Choose your usual account.* In Safe Mode,go to and open the C:\SDFix folder,then double click on RunThis.bat to start the script.* Type Y to begin the script.* It will remove the Trojan Services then make some repairs to the registry and prompt you to press any key to Reboot.* Press any Key and it will restart the PC.* Your system will take longer that normal to restart as the fixtool will be running and removing files.* When the desktop loads the Fixtool will complete the removal and display Finished, then press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.* Finally open the SDFix folder on your desktop and copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt into your next reply.If you have previously downloaded ComboFix,please delete that version now.WarningYou should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert,not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could render your system/pc inoperable.Now download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers.Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.NoteIn case your Antivirus or any other realtime scanner is displaying an alert after you downloaded Combofix or while you use Combofix,please disable your scanner and redownload Combofix again.Some scanners may see some combofix related components as suspicious and block or delete them while there's nothing wrong with them.Also post a new Hijackthis log please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124084/unable-to-access-control-panel-and-other-admin-rights-as-the-administrator/
Relevancy 66.65%

Windows Admin account and password security issue I had a message today that a UK TV program suggest that all windows accounts should be password and security account issue Windows Admin password protected I also noticed that PCs are now often preset up recently a ASUS system was setup - so that when switched ON you do not have to setup - it takes you directly to Windows Admin account and password security issue the Windows Admin account and password security issue start screen and with no user password Most of my users are elderly and passwords do get them confused sometimes- so with new PCs we tend to set-up account that logs in automatically and do not use a password But ensure UAC set any program trying to run will prompt for permission Is there a huge security advantage in having a windows login - for a single user who does not have any one else in the home and the PC does not leave the house I m trying to find the program in UK that may have made quite a few people unsure of their security now I guess then a we should also setup a user account and not use the admin account if we are trying to avoid potential malware using the admin account etc Thanks Wayne nbsp

A:Windows Admin account and password security issue

A standard account will stop some hacker/malware from owning the machine right off upon infection. But some malware will still function in a standard account.

Depending on whether your users do online banking and do online purchases, you might want to install some kind of anti-keylogging program to foil somebody capturing passwords and credit card info. I use Zemana.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-admin-account-and-password-security-issue.1137833/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello again guys,

Another problem with my HP p6823w.
With Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I have the only account on this computer.
Also, I am the Administrator.

I cannot install any MSI programs, at all.
The message says "The system Administer has set policies to prevent this installation."

I have tried everything.

Thanks in advanced,
CProgrammer3088

A:Admin account can't install MSI programs.

Hi CProgrammer3088,

My name is Sampad C and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

Step 1:
Run the software setup file as an administrator and check if it helps.
a. Right click on the setup file of the software that you are trying to install.
b. Select "Run as administrator".

Step 2:
Temporarily disable the antivirus software running on the computer and check if you are able to install the software.

Disable antivirus software
Warning:
Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Step 3:
a. Click Start, type "Local Security Policy" (without quotes) and press enter.
b. Click on Software Restriction Policies.
c. In the right pane, double click on the "enforcement".
d. Select "All users except local administrators".
e. Click Ok and restart the computer and check if the issue is fixed.

kindly revert for further clarifications

Thanks and regards,
Dell_Sampad_C
Dell Social and Media and Communities Responder

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/240126-admin-account-cant-install-msi-programs.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello everyone I am new to the forum and found it because I was researching a account but not only admin the program, Install in problem I want to install a program to record Skype calls Record Skype Calls with iFree Skype Recorder - Your Install program, but not only in the admin account FREE Skype call recorder software Works pretty well on my Windows XP machine And in theory Install program, but not only in the admin account works well on the Windows machine as well Only that now that I know a little more about Windows I am not using the admin Install program, but not only in the admin account account for day to day usage So there is a normal user account for all the work and then there is the admin account seperatly Now this Ifree Recorder needs admin rights to install So far no problem I am also the admin But then the program installs only for the admin account and I can't use it from the normal user accounts I already researched a little bit and it seems to be a flaw of the program that seems not to have a multiuser installer However is there any way to make the programm also accessible under the normal user account or do I really have to switch accounts whenever I want to record a call besides the security issue Would be great if someone has a solution or can definitely tell me that this is not possible - but that is the least prefered solution Best regards Holch

A:Install program, but not only in the admin account

Hi holch, welcome to the forum.

Bear in mind, that I'm assuming from all of this that Ifree Recorder doesn't need admin rights to run just Install.

Log into your Administrator Account, and navigate to C:\Users\<whatever your normal username is>\Desktop.

Drag and Drop, or create a shortcut on the Standard User Account's Desktop to the program. (WIll probably be something like C:\Program FIles\Ifree Recorder\Ifree.exe but that's just an example.) Eh Voila, now accessible through the normal account.

Standard Users have rights to access Program Files, they just don't have access to write to them.

In fact, you can probably do it from the Standard Account, but if you do it from Admin then I know it will work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/153545-install-program-but-not-only-admin-account.html
Relevancy 66.65%

There's one account on my new Dell Inspiron 15r: My administrator.

But when I try to install the drivers to use my TASCAM US-122MKII audio mixer, it says I need an administrator account to install drivers.

Anybody know how I can fix this? Thanks!
-Reece

A:Can't install drivers on Admin account?

Welcome

If it were my account, I would verify that it is really an administrator account and not one in name only.

If it is an administrator account make sure it has all the proper permissions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rmissions.html

How many drives do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/101577-cant-install-drivers-admin-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have administrator rights on my Windows account and I always have problems installing programs Usually it is with a folder called config msi I don't have write permission for that folder and when I install anything I get multiple not Admin Itunes does account have permission install to error messages about it I have been unable to install the latest Itunes and I tried to install it manually Everything went fine except for the usuall config msi errors until Admin account does not have permission to install Itunes the final part of the install It said it did not have permission to access the itunes folder in program files I looked at the properties of the folder and I did not have write permission The Itunes installer undid the entire install and deleted the itunes folder When I go to the program files folder I do not have write access to it and I cannot change it I followed the instructions in this forum to enable the administrator account and could not get write access to that folder from administrator either The error messages I get look like there is another account out there that is a superuser Is there any cure for this There are other files and pointers in my system such as a shortcut to my documents that I do not have permission to use I click on them and get an error message

A:Admin account does not have permission to install Itunes

My housemate had the same problem. I can't remember the exact name and path of the folder it wanted to create but it was listed in the error message. What I did was to manually create the folder (I'm pretty sure it was on the Start Menu - it's been a while) giving it the exact name it wanted. I then used takeown to make sure she had rights to modify it, then tried the installation again. Worked like a charm.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/212023-admin-account-does-not-have-permission-install-itunes.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I've posted about this the other day, and I now have reason to believe that a virus is part of the problem. I have an admin account, and every other account on my computer is an admin account, yet none of them can access MSCONFIG, or install stuff. I get registry errors when I try to install, but I can still access REGEDIT.

Anyone had this problem and knows how to fix it (short of re-formatting)?

Relevancy 65.79%

Trying to install a program and get error "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."

I have noticed that this error messege is almost selective when it comes to installing programs, some programs I can install without a problem, other times I get this error messege over and over again.

I am try to install using the local admin account, and my account as well, which also has admin priviledges. Both accounts cannot install. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this???

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi install IE11 account Admin corrupted after I'm on win sp x I installed IE and when I rebooted I've seen the Admin account corrupted after install IE11 following - the classic screen quot wait for installing upgrades quot in italian I'm not sure about the original messages but you get it - the message quot impossible to install upgrades quot - autoreboot - finally reach the desktop but it's a clean desktop of a temp account with the message quot You have been logged on with a temporary profile quot What I have done - from the temp account I created a new admin account called quot admin quot the old one is called quot admin quot and quot admin-PC quot is the hostname - In HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList I renamed my old account entry S- - - - - - - bak to S- - - - - - - old I rebooted but I still can't log in with the old account quot admin quot This is the state of the register now https postimg org image jplor c In C Users admin I still can see my files but in nbsp C Users it has been created a new directory quot admin admin-PC quot Do you think I safely remove that SID old and edit the nbsp ProfileImagePath to points to nbsp C Users admin again

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5231f3cf-ea55-48da-8eec-14363240f818/admin-account-corrupted-after-install-ie11?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 65.79%

but I"AM THE ADMIN on this computer. It's the ONLY account on this pc. What the heck is going on here? Can anybody help me? thanks

A:I'm trying to install window blinds and it says I need an admin account...

Right click on the installer and select 'Run As', then choose the Administrator account and enter in the password for the account and try it then.....it probably won't work if your default admin password is blank but you can change that if need be.

Also, try logging on to the default admin account and install that way (either in safe mode or using ctrl-alt-del twice at the logon screen so you can log directly on as the default admin.

Hope that helps :-)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/im-trying-to-install-window-blinds-and-it-says-i-need-an-admin-account-102537.html
Relevancy 65.36%

All of a sudden this message appeared right above my taskbar.

Software download complete
Install Now Install Later

It has no identification where it came from and I had not prompted a download of any sort for at least 24 hours before. I checked the downloads file and there was nothing in there new. The problem is I can't get rid of it. I'm not going to install something that I don't know what it is. I went into Control Panel/Uninstall to see if there was anything there.But since I hadn't installed it,there appeared to nothing new.

I went into Start up and I didn't find anything there that looked suspicious. I have rebooted and it is still there.

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-download-complete-install-now.1101323/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,
My os is corrupt and is restarting after loading screen so i performed a repair install.Everything was going nicely until the installation froze on "Registering components".I kept it for 3 hours but it still was not going forward.I cannot understand why it is freezing at that point.
Any ideas.
Help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanx in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-repair-install-unable-to-complete-432293.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have tried to install HP2840 software, and cannot complete install. I get message saying I need admin rights. I checked, Start>>Run>>control userpasswords2 >> OK, and under Properties and I have admin rights. In fact I am the only user of the computer. I was told by HP that I might need to debug the user accounts. Any suggestions would be helpful as this is for a business computer and my "tech" guy has no answers for me.

Relevancy 65.36%

I just user when admin non made Lost Admin account account made a non admin user account on my Dell Inspiron windows xp laptop When I went online to sign in under my account admin it is no longer there My name Penne is there and Lost Admin user account when made non admin account so is my daughters I click on my name put my password in and it takes me to the desktop for my daughter and ALL my stuff is gone PLEASE HELP I have googled this and the only thing Lost Admin user account when made non admin account I am seeing is that you need to sign in under an Admin user account to fix this and get my stuff back THere is Lost Admin user account when made non admin account NO admin user account so how can I get it all back I did the F and went to restore to previous point and that didnt work I know there is a way to go to the restore calendar and find a day that her user account was not on there like last week so this might work but I dont know how to find this PLEASE help as all of my EVERYTHING is on my user account and I am lost without it all have a retreat this weekend and I need all of my sheet music and my songs Thanks so much PENNE nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there you all I just installed windows bit and i am having this new enigma with the proper way of installing my apllications I read that there are some applications that should be Admin to User Account rights softwares?? or install installed using the quot run as administrator quot option and some of them not My question is how do i know a program should be installled using this option Is it possible that a program doesn 't run correctly or without optimun capacity because of using the wrong usser account How do i know that i am not running as Admin by default Which account should i use by default in order to be optimally safe Why when I go to my computer manage Local users and group Users double click on Administrator i see the quot Account is disabled quot check box checked Thanks in advance and User Account or Admin rights to install softwares?? sorry for my ignorance i just need a clear and easy explanation for this because i have a User Account or Admin rights to install softwares?? lot installing to do Audio plugins and softwares and i think i need to be clear about this Thanks in advance Cheers Alberto

A:User Account or Admin rights to install softwares??

Quote: Originally Posted by amoretam

Hi there you all!
I just installed windows 7 64bit and i am having this new enigma with the proper way of installing my apllications:
I read that there are some applications that should be installed using the "run as administrator" option, and some of them not.
My question is how do i know a program should be installled using this option??

Is it possible that a program doesn 't run correctly or without optimun capacity because of using the wrong usser account??

How do i know that i am not running as Admin by default?

Which account should i use by default in order to be optimally safe?

Why when I go to my computer/manage/Local users and group/Users/double click on Administrator i see the "Account is disabled" check box checked??

Thanks in advance and sorry for my ignorance, i just need a clear and easy explanation for this because i have a lot installing to do (Audio plugins and softwares) and i think i need to be clear about this...

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Alberto

1-for safety use a standard account.
2-run app normally unless they wont run. If run as admin is needed do so.
3-Which admin account is disabled?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/83407-user-account-admin-rights-install-softwares.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I'm on win sp x I installed IE and when I rebooted I've seen the following - the classic screen quot wait for installing upgrades quot in italian I'm not sure about the original messages but you get it - the message quot impossible to install upgrades quot - autoreboot - finally reach the desktop but it's corrupted [solved] install Admin after IE11 account a clean desktop of a temp account [solved] Admin account corrupted after install IE11 with the message quot You have been logged on with a temporary profile quot What I have done - from the temp account I created a new admin account called quot admin quot the old one is called quot admin quot and quot admin-PC quot is the hostname - In HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList I renamed my old account entry S- - - - - - - bak to S- - - - - - - old I rebooted but I still can't log in with the old account quot admin quot This is the state of the register now https postimg org image [solved] Admin account corrupted after install IE11 jplor c In C Users admin I still can see my files but in nbsp C Users it has been created a new directory quot admin admin-PC quot Do you think I safely remove that SID old and edit the nbsp ProfileImagePath to points to nbsp C Users admin again

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5231f3cf-ea55-48da-8eec-14363240f818/solved-admin-account-corrupted-after-install-ie11?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 64.93%

I installed Opera on my admin account but there's no sign of it on my user account , i usually see things i installed when i used the admin account in my user account but i just need to activate it , not happening with Opera .

Anyone know why

Thanks

A:Installed Opera on admin account but need to re install on user?

Make sure you chose to install it for all users when running the installer (this should trigger an UAC prompt):

Otherwise, by default it only installs for the currently logged user. Seems quite like your case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/340329-installed-opera-admin-account-but-need-re-install-user.html
Relevancy 64.93%

i forgot my win 10 pw. i am able to login as a guest account but unable to make changes or open other applications cause its restricting as not as Admin. suggesting me to sign in as admin. need advice.
these are the things i did to resolve this issue:
1) win + R
type: netplwiz
its showing me this window user account control it has only " NO " option to select

2) then i have tried command prompt by using
win x and select command prompt it allow me to go to cmd prompt but it wont allow to select cmd prompt with admin

can anyone help

A:Advance user account control issue

If you could just bypass the password, it wouldn't be very secure, would it?

You will probably have to re-install and create a new administrator account.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/63380-advance-user-account-control-issue.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I've been researching this Forum on this problem but I could not see whether or not there is a solution to the case See SIMILAR threads but all seems not the same about the path to find a solution Every time I try to open some certain non-Microsoft programs and some Microsoft applications a message appears asking or in English Do you want to User Account by Issue Ambushed Control allow this app to make changes to your device these quot Application name Glary quot otr that quot Microsoft Windows System Restore quot Show more details blablabla To continue enter an administrator name and password BUT Ambushed by User Account Control Issue disappeared the YES Ambushed by User Account Control Issue button I'm the only PC user and could always perform these commands and can t understand what made foolish to lose access as administrator Or do I ve access and am not realizing how to do it One of the commands I can do is lusrmgr msc and I get these Arrow number points to administrator and arrow am I the default user Antonio Branching these two users I get in the default user properties the following In the administrator's properties Ambushed by User Account Control Issue I can see the following If I try to change any configuration in the administrator or the default I get the following message - gt access denied I set this computer using an OEM version of windows professional in and did upgrade last July for windows pro The sistem is non-english pt-br x Since then the windows worked fine until six days ago maybe an update when appeared this puzzle The SO build runing is these nbsp nbsp My System Specs You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this Computer Type PC Desktop OS windows CPU Intel Core i Motherboard AsusteK Memory GB Graphics Card NVidea

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/69746-ambushed-user-account-control-issue.html
Relevancy 64.93%

RivaTuner is a tool I use to overclock my Nvidia graphics card. From within this program, I can check an option to apply the new clock settings at startup. However, Vista will continually block the program when I start the computer. I've set RivaTuner's .exe privilege level to run as administrator, but that made no difference. Obviously, I'm aware that disabling UAC or Windows Defender will eliminate the problem, but I prefer to leave both options enabled.

Basically, is there a way to allow this program to run at startup without having to repeatedly allow it?

Thanks for the help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rivatuner-and-user-account-control-issue.693306/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell XPS8300 running Windows 8.1
I am having some sort of software/malware issue. I am unable to use Windows Search, unable to print anything, unable to run anything in "Admin Mode", I'm unable to even "Right Click" anything. The programs/Apps simply lock up and refuse to open. I can terminate them using Ctrl-Alt-Del then task manager. I have tried to use DDS, however it says that dds is not meant to run in "compatibility Mode" and will now terminate.

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated...

David

A:Software locking up, unable to "right click", Not able to run in admin mode...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/521742 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521742/software-locking-up-unable-to-right-click-not-able-to-run-in-admin-mode/
Relevancy 64.5%

first post hope that MalwareBytes, install VIRPE unable not to does complete I am doing this correctly unable to install MalwareBytes VIRPE does not completecustomer tried various anti-virus before bring in computer HiJack log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot unable to install MalwareBytes, VIRPE does not complete mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT unable to install MalwareBytes, VIRPE does not complete system LEXBCES EXEC WINNT system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec pcAnywhere awhost exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software VIPRE SBAMSvc exeC unable to install MalwareBytes, VIRPE does not complete WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT system svchost exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software VIPRE SBAMTray exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC PROGRA SUNBEL VIPRE sbamui exeC WINNT system rundll exeC PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK HIJACK EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www awginc com R - URLSearchHook no name - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocxO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exeO - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot trayO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINNT system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINNT system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Dimension C PROGRA D D exeO - HKLM Run PCTAVApp quot C Program Files PC Tools AntiVirus PCTAV exe quot MONITORSCANO - HKLM Run SBAMTray C Program Files Sunbelt Software VIPRE SBAMTray exeO - HKLM Run pariwabub Rundll exe quot c winnt system pagoteba dll quot aO - HKCU Run swg quot C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot O - HKCU Run Malware Sweeper C Program Files MalwareSweeper com MalwareSweeper MalSwep exeO - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce SetupICWDesktop C Program Files Internet Explorer Connection Wizard icwconn exe desktop User Default user O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup WaveLink Studio Server lnk C WaveLinkSuite WaveLinkStudio Bin WLServer exeO - Global Startup WaveLink Studio Startup Utility lnk C WaveLinkSuite WaveLinkStudio Bin WLStartUp exeO - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htmO - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htmO - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c winnt system nwprovau dllO - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dllO - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload adobe com pub shockwave ash swflash cabO - Protocol linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - C Pro... Read more

A:unable to install MalwareBytes, VIRPE does not complete

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.[We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEnetsvcsmsconfigsafebootminimalsafebootnetworkactivexdrivers32%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /sPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294798/unable-to-install-malwarebytes-virpe-does-not-complete/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

My friend has installed IE11 on Win 7 64. I'm not sure what she actually did but while IE11 works fine, there are no options for uninstalling it.

We have looked in Programs and features as well as Programs and features -> View Installed Updates and it appears in neither.

Running the IE11 installer again results in a message saying that it did not finish installing.

I'm stumped, can anyone suggest how to remove IE11?

Many thanks,
Paul.

A:Unable to uninstall IE11, install did not complete

Use this to turn Off Internet explorer and boot when prompted,
Then repeat and turn Internet explorer back On,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/5023-windows-features-turn-off.html
After that run a couple of these,
Issues installing windows updates,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821?wa=wsignin1.0
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_update/
Mr. Fixit,
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/windows-update-issues/en-us
Find and fix issues with uninstalling programs,
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/
Try method 6,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2409098

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/313056-unable-uninstall-ie11-install-did-not-complete.html
Relevancy 64.5%

i'm trying to do a repair install of windows OEM but for some reason the process is telling me i'm running win XP and cant upgrade to win windows explorer keeps stopping and restarting also i cant have or programs open at the same time as i used to i lose the task bar and when i try to run the Task Manager nothing happens so i'm forced to hit the reset button to get back to basics very frustrating sincere apologize if this is in the wrong forums this is the contents of my windows comparability report The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading win7 to Install Unable Repair complete Cancel the upgrade complete each task and then restart the upgrade to continue Your current version of Windows is more recent than the version you are trying to upgrade to Windows cannot complete the upgrade Upgrading Windows will affect the following devices and or programs These programs might not work properly after the upgrade We recommend uninstalling these programs before upgrading Cancel the upgrade open Control Panel and search for quot uninstall a program quot Note Programs marked as can be safely Unable to complete Repair Install win7 reinstalled Unable to complete Repair Install win7 after the upgrade PhotoStudio iTunes Please Unable to complete Repair Install win7 deauthorize computer prior to upgrade

A:Unable to complete Repair Install win7

i should mention that my system has the latest updates and i have deauthorized the computer from iTunes

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/344056-unable-complete-repair-install-win7.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am currently having an issue trying to install Civ IV the Complete version on my XP comp The issue is this I previously had Civ IV and the Warlords expansion pack installed and needed to uninstall in order to install this whole suite which includes those two games Unfortunately I could not find an uninstall button in the games nor were they listed on the add remove programs IV Complete issue Civ install list more about that later So I reinstalled Civ IV and then it showed up on add remove and I removed it I Civ IV Complete install issue could not find the disk for Warlords the expansion pack but it seems to be gone too Now the problem whenever I put the new Civ IV DVD in my drive it spins for a second then Civ IV Complete install issue the light blinks and I get the following error quot Sunkist NOTIFYICONDATA hWnd shwicon k exe Unknown Disk Format quot quot The disk in drive F is not formatted properly Please check the disk and reformat if necessary quot Cancel Try Again Continue Now the disk works fine in other computers and other dvds work fine in my computer so I assume it is a software issue One other wrinkle is this About - months ago I had a hard drive issue and the drive letters got remapped which tended to mess up the way some games ran I doubt I have played this game since then and I am pretty sure drive F was not a DVD drive at the time Also note the original CD from my original install works fine in this drive Any ideas I am at a total loss nbsp

A:Civ IV Complete install issue

I am considering a re-format of the c: drive, is it possible that residual hidden files would be on my other drive for any reason?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/civ-iv-complete-install-issue.880202/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

I can't seem to get pass user account control dialog boxes. Whenever this box pop up, it will freeze and the only way is to stop task from the task manager. It happens every time if the box pops up, regardless of whether I am installing a program or adjusting user control account setting. What can I do to fix this issue without having to re install windows?
Thanks for your time.

Jack
Window 7 Ultimate

A:Hi all, need your expertise on user account control dialog box issue.

Thanks.

Jack

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330860-hi-all-need-your-expertise-user-account-control-dialog-box-issue.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have just installed an 128gb ssd drive on my desktop computer. I'm using it mainly as a system disk with my old hard drive as the place where i'm installing most of my general program files.

I'm having lots of issues with admin rights when installing some software and deleting some old programmes. I have spent ages with 'take ownership', enabled hidden admin rights and generally have edited permissions in various security tabs.

I've had W7 installed on this pc before using my DVD and never had these issues before. Everything has just installed smoothly.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

Its making me grumpy!

A:Can't install software due to admin priveleges on new win 7 install

Your Ant-virus or Firewall may be causing the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/269851-cant-install-software-due-admin-priveleges-new-win-7-install.html
Relevancy 63.64%

My father restored his windows XP OS recently and in doing so, has been un-able to use his mouse. They keyboard works fine, But XP is having problems installing the mouse drivers. We're having problems installing other drivers, but I feel when the mouse situation is solved, I can find the needed drivers for the other things on my own computer and install them manualy.

He runs windows XP media center edition on a gateway machine using a standard HID USB mouse. I've tried several times to find the driver but I really am perplexed by this one, Anyone know something I can do?

Take in mind, we both run the Same machine so, directorys should be the same.

Any help would be apreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-complete-restore-unable-to-install-the-mouse-314168.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi. I'm stuck trying to activate PowerDVD. I keep getting a 'you need administrative permission' result window. This window pops up after entering the activation code. I've tried all the limited tricks I know of. I enable the hidden admin account and logged in and tried it that way. I used the right click on activate.exe and 'run as admin' method. Same for 'Take Ownership'. I also changed the UAC to it's lowest settings (basically off). None of these methods has worked so far.
I think I'm missing something simple but I just don't know what it could be. Haven't had this particular problem before. If someone has a suggestion that I haven't tried or doing something different that I have tried, that would be sweet! Thanks!

Rusty

A:Admin/permission help for software install plz

Right click on the program shortcut and select troubleshoot compatibility - then select the second choice - then check the 3rd option (The program requires additional permission) - Then Start The Program...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/51435-admin-permission-help-software-install-plz.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Is there any way to install a software without admin password in standard user account?

A:How to install a software without admin passward

No. You will need to talk to the administrator.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/22328-how-install-software-without-admin-passward.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Ok So I recently got a virus need I Install to Admin Unable Error to be says Anything, on my computer and it really wasn't going away with any anti virus program so I reinstalled Windows from scratch Everything seemed to go off without a hitch and all drivers were found and the like BUT after about a day or so I couldn't install any programs I've tried ITunes The new Office Suite Enterprise but nothing seems to install I keep getting an error message that I need to quot Install as Administrator quot even though I'm on the adminstrator account AND when I click quot Run as Unable to Install Anything, Error says I need to be Admin Administrator quot it still doesn't install ITunes spit out the error that I was running in Safe Mode when I wasn't at all I'm just at wits end Should Unable to Install Anything, Error says I need to be Admin I reinstall Windows again Could I have gotten another Virus It just seems really really odd Edit Also the version of Windows I installed WAS not the same version I got when purchasing the Laptop I recieved it through MSDNA from my college

A:Unable to Install Anything, Error says I need to be Admin

Just to try something simple first.
Try disabling UAC (user account control) and running the install.
If that works leave it off while installing apps and then just turn it back on when done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/185205-unable-install-anything-error-says-i-need-admin.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi have had this problem for a while now and any help would be greatly appreciated Essentially I cannot install anything as it requires User Account Control verification but the password field for the admin pass does not show up so the only option each Account as install no Control Cannot User password in anything field time is to click 'No' and cancel the installation I Cannot install anything as no password field in User Account Control assume this is because there is no admin password set I tried for a long while previously I have tried to enter using safe mode and try and disable UAC yet when doing so the UAC actually pops up in sade mode without the pass field again I have also tried using Offline NT Registor and Password Editor to create a new pass for the admin yet no luck as the admin afterwards doesn't require a pass nor does the pass field in the UAC show I would really like to find a way to solve this and am willing to do whatever anyone recommends Thanks

A:Cannot install anything as no password field in User Account Control

Hello Archaic, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If the administrator account doesn't have a password set, then you should be able to just log into the administrator account and create a password for it as usual. Without a password, you would just leave the password field blank and press enter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/185095-cannot-install-anything-no-password-field-user-account-control.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Pretty basic question (I think). Is the built-in administrator's account exactly the same as a manually created local administrator's account privilege wise? Or does the built-in possess inherently elevated privileges?

I have googled around, however, I can't find a clear answer for this.

Thank you

A:built-in admin account vs regular admin account

Hello Spurcell, and welcome to Seven Forums.

They are basically the same, except that the built-in possess inherently elevated privileges, and the other doesn't until approved through UAC to elevate the action.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/255985-built-admin-account-vs-regular-admin-account.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Noticed computer was acting quite sluggish Could not do Windows Updates Install Hijack this Eventually got it or Browser Hijacked, System Unable Complete Install Restore to Antivirus installed by changing install name or run update any anti-virus Help would be greatly appreciated Would not even let me try Browser Hijacked, Unable to Install Antivirus or Complete System Restore a system restore Logfile of Browser Hijacked, Unable to Install Antivirus or Complete System Restore Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXEC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS msmsgs exeC program files steam steam exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files Vidalia Bundle Vidalia vidalia exeC Program Files Electronic Arts EADM Core exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC Program Files Vidalia Bundle Privoxy privoxy exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Vidalia Bundle Tor tor exeC Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEO - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Ru... Read more

A:Browser Hijacked, Unable to Install Antivirus or Complete System Restore

DDS Log:

DDS (Version 1.0.1) - NTFSx86
Run by Trey at 17:59:09.23 on Mon 12/15/2008
Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_03
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.2047.1279 [GMT -6:00]

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k HTTPFilter
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\RaMaint.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindServiceAE.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\msmsgs.exe
C:\program files\steam\steam.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\Vidalia Bundle\Vidalia\vidalia.exe
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EADM\Core.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\Vidalia Bundle\Privoxy\privoxy.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Vidalia Bundle\Tor\tor.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Plugin Manager\skypePM.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Trey\Desktop\dds.scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uInternet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = iexplore
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
uURLSearchHooks: {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - c:\progra~1\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dll
BHO: {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - c:\progra~1\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dll
BHO: {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelper.dll
BHO: {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - c:\progra~1\micros~2\office12\GRA8E1~1.DLL
BHO: {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - c:\program files\java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
TB: {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - c:\progra~1\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dll
uRun: [Steam] "c:\program files\steam\steam.exe" -silent
uRun: [MSMSGS] "c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
uRun: [AlcoholAutomount] "c:\program files\alcohol soft\alcohol 120\axcmd.exe" /automount
uRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/186836/browser-hijacked-unable-to-install-antivirus-or-complete-system-restore/
Relevancy 61.92%

As an administrator, I have User Account Control set to "always notify" in Windows 7, but one of my kids (standard user) can still install Google Chrome. Shouldn't this require the administrator password?

Also, UAC does not seem to limit a standard user's ability to Uninstall Programs. Is there a way to restrict that?

A:User Account Control - Preventing Google Chrome Install

Google Chrome was designed not to require administrative privileges to install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/198790-user-account-control-preventing-google-chrome-install.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm unable to install Eset Smart Security v3.0.551.0 Program because I keep getting an error message
that says ' The System Administrator has set policies to prevent the installation'

And I have no idea why I can't install this program. I get this message with other stuff also but I've just not bothered until now to find out why.
Also I cannot do any windows update. I keep getting an error message that says "Windows Can't Check for Updates"

I had AVG Free and uninstalled it so I could install the Eset Program but now I have no antivirus program.
I DO have Malwarebytes installed on my computer but that's not helping me with viruses. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Any help is appreciated.. Thank You

Oh btw this is my home laptop computer and I'm the only owner/user so I AM the system administrator.

A:Unable to Install due AV Prog due to System Admin Policies

Update mbam and run a FULL scanPlease post the results

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297500/unable-to-install-due-av-prog-due-to-system-admin-policies/
Relevancy 61.92%

Background:

While logged in as Administrator in Win2000 and attempting to install Win XP, I repeatedly get an "Only an administrator may install . . . " In addition, when I click on the Check Compatibility buttons, that part tries to start (cursor turns to an hourglass) and then stops (turns back to an arrow). I can do every thing else an Administrator shoul be able to do ... e.g. "manage" the computer. I even created a new user, gave it Administrative priveleges, but same result

The machine has one HD with two partitions, C with Win98SE and D with Win2000 Pro and SP3. It is networked with a machine with Win XP and one with 2000. I have tried two install different CDs with same result.

I very much want to upgrade in order to save some kids' programs and files.

Thanks so very much. This is most vexing ...

Richard S.
Kansas City

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-xp-admin-issue-in-win2000.123075/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 61.92%

I hope someone can help me Just this morning i booted up as normal and the always annoying UAC stopped when account admin admin Admin checked! is even being notifications kept Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! popping up I was sure i had disabled these Then i went to use my music software and it said that this account Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! didn't have admin privileges I checked my user account and the check box states that is is an admin account and that UAC is turnd off i only have one account anyways Ive looked on google extensively Tried making new profiles and copy the old one over but that only worked to a certain point - lots of programs didn't work lost mail settings etc Not really workable Tried system restore to no avail Tried using the vista admin account and changing my account - rebooting - etc No change My guess is that something has got Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! corrupt in my user profile and windows is not remembering that i should be an admin I can't use my software and i have a deadline Any one who can help will win a magical prize or something Jen

A:Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked!

Welcome
Should be easy, create a New Administrator account and give it permissions to use the software.
User Account - Create
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html
Procedure for Seven is the Same as For Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294399-admin-account-stopped-being-admin-even-when-admin-checked.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm getting a Message when trying to install new programs
Trying msn Messenger 7.5 as example.
I'm in an account with administrator rights (this is indicated on the control panel / user accounts)

Message...
"You do not have the permissions required to install...."

I was getting a 1601 message - windows installer not available.
(I went into services and the "windows INstaller" was set to manual, I set it to automatic.)

Looking for directions.

A:Solved: Unable to install programs on winxp pro - admin priviledges

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-install-programs-on-winxp-pro-admin-priviledges.435338/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey guys, so far no problems at all except one and I'm loving the new OS.

However - when I try to install the Catalyst Control Center with the express option, it seems to go through the motion and then says it installed it, but the folders are empty and it's not there. If I try to use the custom option it tells me "failed to find any installable components!", but the drivers and the card are both working just fine. I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue or knows a way around the downscaling without installing the control center. Those black borders are really annoying, I think it might be some sort of factory default set to -15% or so. Any information that might help solve this would be appreciated.

A:ATI Control Center unable to install

Hello there!

Check out this thread mate http://www.eightforums.com/software/...ol-center.html

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/2331-ati-control-center-unable-install.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi X to control Active install Unable all I am running Windows Xp pro SP and after installing sp i lost the ability to Unable to install Active X control install any active x control in IE For example when I go to windows update I get the message that there is a newer version available and then when i get the information bar help message But there is no information bar to right click and install the active x control it happens the same in safe mode with N W added the microsoft windows update site in security sites and then reset the security settings for all the zones to low and even set it to custom and enable the active x to be installed I have Run a scan with adawre and MS antispyware and an online virus scan with Trend micro and it comes up clean and I run Norton and it says clean as well I have performed a repair installation and it worked fine but then again i did not have sp and so in did windows update and then reisntalled sp and i am nowhere BTW the hosts files had a lot of entries related to kazza and ad aware and so i deleted all the lines and made the localhost as the only entry but no go If any one had come across this kind of issue let me know because at this point i have no other but to format and reinstall windows with regards gopi

A:Unable to install Active X control

Windows Update Frequently Asked Questions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-install-active-x-control-79591.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I am hoping someone can help I upgraded to last night and all was ok until I started my PC this morning The PC boots up and I can log in ok but I am unable to open any browsers use the start bar or actually get in to most programs use the search function or get in to any settings as it just hangs I can get to the start menu through charms and I can access My Pc from there but opening control panel hangs as well I am also unable to get to the troubleshooting and repair I open settings, after panel issue update,Unable to control have tried to restart and press and hold the shift key but it just hangs again issue after update,Unable to open settings, control panel when restarting also tried to issue after update,Unable to open settings, control panel log out of my profile but that also hangs I have tried issue after update,Unable to open settings, control panel to boot from a USB with a windows ISO to get in to the repair from there but that doesn't seem to work - Also the windows product key shows as 'not available' Does anyone have any ideas on how to actually do anything with my now expensive paperweight that has a pretty but non-functioning desktop screen Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/52028-issue-after-update-unable-open-settings-control-panel.html
Relevancy 60.63%

As the neighborhood PC guru friend asked me for help installing some programs on his month old HP laptop Issue 7 Rights to install Windows Admin Won't programs Allow model G with Win Home Prem bit SP He wanted Winzip Verizon Comm Mgr to tether his BB Mozy backup HP printer drivers for an HP L AiO and Outlook Attempts to install each of these programs met with problems Windows 7 Admin Rights Issue Won't Allow programs to install Paid for and tried to install Outlook from the MS website It failed to install completely and terminated WinZip downloaded but installation failed I tried to install Windows HP printer drivers but installation failed without warning I tried to install Mozy online backup software installation failed due to lack of Admin rights I tried to install Verizon Communication Manager installation failed due to lack of Admin rights Here s everything I tried so far Checked for updates to Java Installed new version Ran Adobe updater updated Adobe Reader Removed old Java using the Control Panel V J SE Created a backup copy of the Window registry and backed up on a CD Installed three critical updates for Windows a Windows Service Pack b Malware tool updates c Windows Live Essentials Installed the following optional programs recommended by MS after a scan a RealTek Audio driver update b RealTek Program update c Synaptics Touch pad driver update d Windows security update KB e Windows security update KB Updated and ran AVG virus scanner currently found on the PC a Found viruses and removed Windows 7 Admin Rights Issue Won't Allow programs to install Scanned again Clean Checked Windows Action Center for error messages and system issues None found Checked Windows Reliability Log for errors Many failed install errors found Attempted Mozy installation again Failed due to Admin permissions issue Ran Malware bytes on full scan a Found malware baddies and registry entries All removed Ran Spybot Search and Destroy a Found one spy program Removed Verified user had full admin rights He had some IT guys copy data from his old laptop to this HP They made a mess of it It looks like they copied over everything from his old PC including Office While I was poking around in the PC Office attempted to load asking for the install CD I tried creating a super admin user and installing these same programs No change I WAS able to install Carbonite for backups I was also able to install doPDF for creating PDF files for him I set up a new Cisco router with installed software without issues We are both frustrated and at a loss I m to the point where my recommendation would be to wipe the drive and start over He travels extensively so access to his PC is limited Oh also tried Safe Mode No changes ANY IDEAS SHORT OF WIPING THE DRIVE AND STARTING OVER WOULD BE WELCOMED tb

A:Windows 7 Admin Rights Issue Won't Allow programs to install

I have one that I always use. Start/cmd/admin/ type in sfc /scannow and let the system file checker do its thing. Any time the basic Windows files are corrupt all kinds of goofy things can happen. It can't hurt but it just might tell you a lot. It takes a few minutes, have a cup of joe. I also have a fondness for Super Anti Spyware. Normally a virus or a trojan will not let you update your anti virus or any thing like it. My understanding is you have admin. rights is that correct? I don't know what super admin. rights are. If for what ever reason you have to do a format and reinstall I would recommend wiping the drive clean with a 3rd party program first. A format does not wipe the drive and some bad things can hang around and reload when you do a fresh install. Kind of like the Snake in the wood pile, you don't see it until you kick the wood pile again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392472/windows-7-admin-rights-issue-wont-allow-programs-to-install/
Relevancy 60.2%

I am hoping that somebody can help me out. I am unable to use my MSN Photo Upload. It says that it's damaged now. I don't know how it happened, but we just got a new computer and have Vista, so maybe that is the problem? Not sure.

The only thing that I have seen through my searches is to go under "internet options", then the "temporary internet files", "view objects", "downloadable programs". Whenever I select the MSN Photo Upload and right-click it, it only gives me a "properties" option. I have tried EVERYTHING and I cannot find a way to delete it.

If somebody knows another way to remove it, I would be so grateful! LOL!

Thanks!
Stacy

A:I am unable to un-install MSN Photo Upload Control

I'm just bumping this up because I really need help with this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-am-unable-to-un-install-msn-photo-upload-control.577722/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all

Looking for some help with an odd problem that has just started on my Windows 8.1 64bit system.

If i want to un-install a program via Control Panels programs & features the usual Un-install/Modify option is no longer showing, and if I right click on the program although un-install is then shown clicking on it just gives an error message about it probably being already un installed and do I want to remove the entry from the list

Anyone know why this should have just happened and how to fix it, hopefully without having to do a clean install.

Thanks for any help with this

Paul

A:Unable to Un-Install a program from control Panel

This happens when the registry entry for the uninstallation of the software has been incorectly configured, or damaged.
This can also happen when an uninstallation utility fails to clear the entries in the registry during or after a software uninstallation.
Without manually looking into the rergistry, and confirming whether or not the software exists on the computer still, there is no way to know whether or not the software was uninstalled.
There are a few tools which can uninstall software, and locate any left over files and registry entries. This is the best alternative to manually inspecting the offending entry.

Revo Uninstaller has a free version which can uninstall 32-bit applications. Their pro version isn't worth paying $40 for though.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69144-unable-un-install-program-control-panel.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I usually install softwares in limited user account by right click >> run as administrator >> administrator id and password

But in some computers when I do the above method, it keeps on saying "invalid password" though it's correct. Then I have to log out and log in using administrator account to install. How I can resolve this???

And in some computers even "run as administrator" is not showing up when I right click exe file in limited account.

A:install software from limited account

Login as admin and install the software.

Is this a domain?

If so make sure you are including the domain before the username domainname\administrator

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/install-software-from-limited-account-593854.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My son has a Win8 computer for school. I have enabled Family safety to restrict web access and send me weekly reports, but I need to allow him access to install software at school, without requiring admin password.

Is there a way to do this? Will turning off UAC achieve this result?

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/60883-how-do-i-allow-child-account-install-software.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello All I'm delighted No to accounts change /Cannot Admin admin user account existing Access to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account came with Windows On setup i used my No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account microsoft account to login with a pin the account was setup as administrator No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account thinking i could change things later About days later i added a standard user account for my husband with a microsoft account login with pin I wanted to make his the administrator account but thought i had better change mine to a standard account first My mistake Now i cannot change anything i have tried to use the cmd prompt to run as administrator - it asks for administrator permission and does not allow me to enter a password or yes I have tried all suggestions to enable the hidden windows account but all ask for the same permission I have tried to go to setup recovery troubleshoot advanced option system restore - it requests an administrator password and when i entered what i thought is mine it does not work Feeling a little Does anybody know anyway i can go back in time to start again or how do i access administrator rights as i really need to add programs etc Thank you for any help given

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61945-no-admin-access-cannot-change-existing-user-accounts-admin-account.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 59.77%

The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights.

The network administrator had left the company surprisingly in without giving the administrator password of the PC and we cannot contact him anymore.

Now we want to install another programme and we cannot do this without an administrator account.

I disabled secure boot and have tried to boot the PC with an Linux USB Stick, but it do not boot from the stick.

Any suggestion how I either can reset the password of the administrator account or create an new account with administrator rights.

A:Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Although there may be techniques to recover a lost password it is forum policy that we do not discuss these here - your best bet would be to visit a local security specialist and get them to recover/reset it for you - and a change to the policy for the replacement admin may be a good idea, I always wrote a list of all passwords and stored it with the Managing Director and also in a fireproof safe

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38274-windows-10-admin-password-reset-new-account-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Basically I have two admin accounts one of which belongs to another member of family and one which belongs to me. Heres the situation:

The person who owns the other Admin account is changing my accounts password (also an admin account). Surely there is some way to make it so that I can not have my account's password changed unless it is logged on to my actual account (so my account's password can only be changed if my account is logged on?)

Is there a way?

In urgent need of help!

Thanks!

A:Prevent Admin Accounts From Changing Other Admin Account Passwords In Xp!

Here's an article (for Win2K) that may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309799But, IMO, the issue here is that the other person can't be trusted. In such a situation I'd suggest making the other account into a Standard User account - that way they won't be able to mess with your stuff, and they'll be reliant upon you for anything that requires administrative privileges.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153087/prevent-admin-accounts-from-changing-other-admin-account-passwords-in-xp/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,
I am working on a 2012 ADDS based network and I have the following requirement.
I want to create a local administrator user account on the local domain computers (Win XP, 7 and 8) which will have full access on the PC but not the permission to edit other local administrator accounts.
Please advise how I can achieve this.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

A:local admin account with no permit to edit other admin accounts

Local admin account by definition has access to everything and even if it doesn't it can take ownership and give itself the rights. In other words i am not sure that you can achieve what you
are trying to do.

I would suggest create a single shared local admin account and give it your desktop admins, change the password every 60-90 days to keep it more secure. This is common practice in many
organizations.

http://www.dannyeckes.com/create-local-admin-group-policy-gpo/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/125eabac-06f7-45ee-9792-f642c82eab2e/local-admin-account-with-no-permit-to-edit-other-admin-accounts?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi everyone This is my third attempt here to hopefully get some answers I need as to how to get my new install of to work I bought on the special download price new can not Windows 8 software account user install and installed it a couple of weeks ago For about days things were great but no more I installed something from Microsoft's Windows store and now I can not install anything else Not from Microsoft not from any other publisher When I try I get an error quot The extended attributes are Windows 8 user account can not install new software inconsistent Windows 8 user account can not install new software quot Windows 8 user account can not install new software On some things I am told I need to be on the administrator account but I do not get the requester to ask for the admin PW like I did in My husband who installs business software and interfaces systems all the time for a living looked at it and set up the hidden administrator account for me I could now install from that account and all seemed fine However he does not work on only plus he travels the world as part of his job and is not home a lot so I am on my own most of the time trying to maintain my computer myself I have LOTS of rd party software I am a digital artist so I have many Adobe and Corel products I also am a gamer so I have things like Diablo and Portal on my machine I subscribe to Steam so it is there too This issue did not start with any of them though but with a small application I downloaded from Microsoft on the Windows store At least I think that may be where it started I know this is the day I stopped being able to install anything on my user account and started getting that error every time I tried The first thing that gave me issue was in attempting to install Samsung Kies for my Note tablet That was the first instance of that error code This was a couple of weeks ago at least Also I am in the BETA for Neverwinter Nights I downloaded and installed the game which of course had to be done from the admin account This was automatically placed in the public games folder I do not want to play an online game from my admin account I logged out from there and logged in to my regular account It did not show Neverwinter as being installed there This happened with Skype too I figured I knew where it was saved so I went to the public folder and launched the game It is not able to run from there and crashes It does run from the admin account Why It seems that things like this must be installed from the account where it is going to be used but I can not do this How do I grant my regular account permission to install I have searched the user settings and I have not found a way this account is part of the administrator group Why can it not install I have looked all over to find tutorials or any kind of instructions for fixing all of this but nothing I have found seems to apply Would I be better off just going back to where I knew how to do all of this and could make things work or can any of this be fixed in My real issues are How do I fix this error I have run virus scans and malware scans and all have come up clean Would a system reset maybe help I would happily do this if it would fix things I will follow the steps outlined to me on another forum I have also posted to and scan with some very special tools as soon as I can answer a question as to how this is done Maybe this will find the problem If I knew for sure what caused problems I would be sure to remove it and fix the issue but no idea of how to proceed at the moment One thing that I do need answered is what to do if the scan tool wants the disk to repair damaged files I have the downloaded version of Win so no disk How do I grant a higher level of permission to my user account now I looked at that tool and do not understand it at all I see that you can add a Power User group to your groups but it brings up a box with stuff you have to fill in and I have no idea of what to do in that area Neither does my ... Read more

A:Windows 8 user account can not install new software

On some things I am told I need to be on the administrator account

Windows 8 is more secured than the previous versions of Windows so sometimes you need to right click on the Installer and run as Administrator. To avoid the nagging prompt:
Win+X->Control Panel->Action Center->Change User Account Control Settings
and set as shown below:

My husband, who installs business software and interfaces systems all the time for a living, looked at it and set up the hidden administrator account for me. I could now install from that account and all seemed fine

I am unclear about this hidden account. Is it the built in Administrator account that was initially disabled when installing Windows 8 ? and your husband might have enabled & changed the name of the account ? if so, installing Metro Apps with built in Administrator account will not work. Please read this article:
Build-in Administrator account can

1) How do I fix this error? I have run virus scans and malware scans and all have come up clean. Would a system reset maybe help?

Yes, trouble shooting on line is a little bit harder since we don't have a whole picture of what has been installed in your PC and how you installed it so if I were you, I would start it from a fresh install of Windows 8. In addition, when installing new software, always disabled what ever anti virus software you are running to avoid conflict that anti virus might have caused. Or better yet, don't install any anti virus software, just use Windows Defender that came bundled with Windows 8 is good enough.

2) How do I grant a higher level of permission to my user account now?

You must login using the Administrator account
Win+X->Control Panel->Administrator Tools->Computer Management
Click on Users then follow what on the screenshot

I have the downloaded version of Win 8, so no disk.

If your download is an ISO file, you can create a bootable DVD/USB from it.
Create Bootable USB or DVD with Windows 8 ISO

Hope this helps.
Cheers !!!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/22663-windows-8-user-account-can-not-install-new-software.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey,

I have been searching thru the forum and didn't really found what i was searching for so sorry if i overlooked a thread about this.

So as the title says I can't install programs , been trying to install Java and it just gives me "access denied", also tried other programs just giving a failed to install error/message.
I have done a SFC with nothing to be found, done a virus scan,... After that i activated the hidden admin account and i am able to download from there.
But is there a possibility i could fix the problem on my main account ? so i won't need to change accounts.

Thanks in advance for helping!

A:My administrator account is unable to install programs

I usually do the offline installer bit, save the full file to the Downloads Folder then right-click to choose Run as administrator. I prefer the offline files stored on a USB Thumb/Flash drive as I never know if a client has a fast-enough connection to save time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345298-my-administrator-account-unable-install-programs.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi Guys I'm new to this forum as in this is my first post so please be gentle with Admin? Standard Account to Hidden (Admin) Transferring me if this has been answered before So anyway I have a standard account with admin privileges turned off UAC etc but it doesn't seem to be elevated all the time for example I still see the quot admin shield Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin? quot icon next to some programs on my desktop Most of the time I have to right click and select quot Run as Administrator quot from the popup menu and also Windows still asks me when something needs admin mode and do I want to continue I have Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin? activated the hidden true admin account on my PC and when I log into that everything is elevated and great no more prompts etc which is what I want But the problem is it looks very basic I want to be able to transfer all my settings from my standard admin account to my true admin account is this possible I've tried going to system- gt advanced system settings- gt user profiles to copy the account across but the copy button is grayed out If this is not possible is there any way to make this standard admin account the full type which is always elevated Hope someone can help me I'm getting very annoyed having to give permission for things I want to do all the time Thanks in advance -milw rm

A:Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin?

Hello milw0rm, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You could use the tutorial below to elevate your standard administrator account to have the same elevated rights as the built-in elevated Administrator account.

Be warned though, that all Metro Store apps and the Store will not work in an elevated account.

User Account Control (UAC) - Elevate Privilege Level - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/16240-transferring-standard-admin-account-hidden-admin.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi guys when my pc gets to the first screen where you choose your account my admin account has changed from my name to 'Other user' and when I click on it it asks for a username and password. Also trying to access files from the admin account when it prompts me with a password I enter it and the dialogue box goes away as if it has accepted the password but does not let me access the files. Any help appreciated thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381483-admin-account-corrupted-cant-access-files-using-admin-p-w.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Using Win 8.1

First off, the account I'am signed on with is listed as admin type account. It's the one I had to enter my windows account email.
Since installing the new MalwareBytes 2.0 program (which went in without any problem) it put an shortcut icon on desktop. I tried too move the icon from desktop to another folder and it said I needed admin rights to do this. Usually once I click on continue it gives me access and proceeds to carry out the command.
So I followed the tutorial to build hidden admin account. I type in: net user administrator /active:yes, it completed. I signed on to the admin account and tried the same operation and it still asked for admin rights.
What am I doing wrong?

UpDate: MalwareBytes 2.0 has a self protection ability that needs to not be enabled, otherwise everything associated with the Program including program icons located anywhere cannot be moved.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43247-i-needed-admin-rights-using-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I am having several issues with my computer running Windows XP Home SP To explain I will give the history I downloaded a virus that my installation of Mcafee detected Mcafee told me to restart my computer to resolve the issue so SGrid Control II '0' / to install Run-Time vbAccelerator error Unable Malwarebytes I did When my computer had rebooted I ran a full scan using Mcafee and it quarantined a lot of files that seemed safe including Windows Media Player the explorer exe file and the divX video codec When I restarted again Windows was stuck in a log on off loop where it would ask me for my username and password say it was loading my settings and then promptly log off again leaving me at the log on prompt again I used something called BartPE to load an OS from a cd and I copied a new userinit exe file into the C Windows system directory because whatever virus I downloaded apparently deleted the original After I did that I could log on to Windows successfully Now I am experiencing the following issues -Windows Media Player was vbAccelerator SGrid II Control / Run-Time error '0' Unable to install Malwarebytes reset to a much earlier version -I can t bring up the vbAccelerator SGrid II Control / Run-Time error '0' Unable to install Malwarebytes task manager through the Run gt taskmgr command or Ctrl Alt Del -Many websites are blocked including antivirus sites help forums and even Microsoft -When I tried to install Malwarebytes to try and fix my computer I got the following error message vbAccelerator SGrid II Control Run-Time error There are probably more issues I haven t discovered yet I think there are many systems files missing I m not sure if it was the virus or if Mcafee somehow screwed things up by quarantining files that it shouldn t have Please help if you can

A:vbAccelerator SGrid II Control / Run-Time error '0' Unable to install Malwarebytes

Hi reinsterling,I think you need to try and get through the procedures for the HijackThis forum. I'll ask if this thread can be moved there or if you will need to start a new one there. Do anything you can in the following link:Preparation GuideZllio

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235528/vbaccelerator-sgrid-ii-control-run-time-error-0-unable-to-install-malwarebytes/
Relevancy 58.05%

I deleted my admin account and now using guest account but i can't make a new admin account. Whenever i type in a name is says, The specified account name is not valid, because account names cannot contain charachters: . So i tried running cmd as an administrator then typed: net user administrator /active yes and no matter how or what i do i keep getting denied and i really need to make an admin account some programsi still cant run and projects i cant do even if i right click an d run as an administrator. So can somebody please help me.

A:deleted admin account need admin account

Specified account name is not valid because of invalid characters

You can't use some characters in account names.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281502-deleted-admin-account-need-admin-account.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello All This is my first post here and I hope that you all are willing to help out a quot newbie quot of the forum because as of right now I am getting fed up with my BLEEPING COMPUTER My computer has been acting a little funny lately I m not sure what the issue is but a lot of my administrative privileges seem to have been changed ie quot You do not have permission to fill in blank quot If anyone has time to take a look at my hijackthis logfile as well as the adsspy logfile to see if there is anything that looks a little fishy I have had THREE different instances of my bank account account trojan? Possible Hijacked as Account to bank crcss.exe no privledges? as well admin Hotmail Little info being exploited and just recently my Hotmail account was hijacked and used as a quot mass SPAM sender quot Also the last logfile is from a program called IOBit which has a HijackScan tool as well Any help would be greatly appreciated HIJACK THIS LOGFILELogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System Possible crcss.exe trojan? Little to no admin privledges? Hotmail Account Hijacked as well as bank account hkcmd exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exeC Program Files Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exeC Program Files Toshiba FlashCards TCrdMain exeC Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exeC Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exeC Program Files Google Google Possible crcss.exe trojan? Little to no admin privledges? Hotmail Account Hijacked as well as bank account Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Bradford Networks Persistent Agent bncsaui exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files IObit IObit Security is tray exeC Program Files Toshiba TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files OpenDNS Updater OpenDNSUpdater exeC Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpupdchk exeC Windows system igfxext exeC Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree CFSwMgr exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exeC Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Windows notepad exeC Users jbradford Downloads HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO StumbleUpon Launcher - B F -A B- b -BBAC- EBEBBB - C Program Files StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBloc... Read more

A:Possible crcss.exe trojan? Little to no admin privledges? Hotmail Account Hijacked as well as bank account

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/395255/possible-crcssexe-trojan-little-to-no-admin-privledges-hotmail-account-hijacked-as-well-as-bank-account/
Relevancy 58.05%

Greetings,

I am trying to change the folder properties of a applications folder from read only. I am doing this per instructions from the apps provider to prevent crashes.

When I go to change the permissions it states I need admin privileges. The only account I have on the box is the admin however I did change the name to something besides admin. The account is definitely an admin account.

Any thoughts?

Windows 7 64 bit