Windows Support Forum

Vista System Recovery Issue.... Help

Q: Vista System Recovery Issue.... Help

The computer suddenly froze and when rebooted Vista System Recovery Help Issue.... it will not start mentioning a nvidia issue and suggests reconnecting the cable which has done nothing Furthermore I ve removed both of the video cards and and tried each separately in all three of the pci slots Vista System Recovery Issue.... Help which has had no effect The last prompt on the start up is to insert a boot disk so thinking it might be trying to load off the rom I checked bios and its properly configured to load off the HD with CD as secondary So I have reluctantly tried to reinstall vista it will boot off the Alienware Systom Recovery CD but will stop and go to a blue screen and give the following information quot A Problem has beendetected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal quot Various info not relevant quot Technical Information Stop x D x x x x cc Nvstor sys - Address cc base at c DateStamp a quot Computer Specs Alienware Area - Operating System - Windows Vista Graphics Card - Geforce GT SC Mobo - nForce i SLI I ve searched for the relevant information on Alienware support where it had no information on this subject along with nothing useful in the first few pages of google any help is greatly apprciated and althought time is not a restriction I would like to get the issue resolved Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Vista System Recovery Issue.... Help

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Vista System Recovery Issue.... Help

try booting to a live cd
this will give you a chance to see if all your hardware is ok

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-system-recovery-issue-help.786290/
Relevancy 72.24%

Question - I am performing a W install for a coworker on a Gateway GT desktop W7 Recovery to Issue - System Vista with Installation went through Issue with System Recovery - Vista to W7 without issue but upon reboot I am prompted with a message stating quot Select an operating system to repair and click Next Only Windows Vista operating systems are listed and can be repaired quot My options are quot Load Drivers quot and quot Next quot Hitting Load Drivers gives me a message stating quot Insert the installation media for the Issue with System Recovery - Vista to W7 device and click OK to select the driver quot and then brings me into File Explorer Simply hitting quot Next quot brings up an error message stating quot This version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of Windows you are trying to repair Try using Issue with System Recovery - Vista to W7 a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of Windows quot So how can I proceed Can I bypass this altogether or do I need the recovery disc which I don't have Any and all input is greatly appreciated

A:Issue with System Recovery - Vista to W7

Did you create a new Partition for Win7 or are you overwriting Vista?

Did you boot the Win7 installer to do the install and use any of the Drive Option tools like Delete, Create or Format?

How do you know that installation went through without issue? Did you get to set up your named User Account or desktop?

When exactly are you hit with the error message - after what exact step in installation:
Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/89351-issue-system-recovery-vista-w7.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi

I recently installed windows updates one evening during shut down process.
The next day the PC will not boot up.
I get a message "Start up repair cannot repair this computer automatically" after trying to repair and I dont have a restart Vista disk.
What can I do to recover the situation?

A:Vista System recovery Issue

will it allow to go into safe mode at all
as the PC starts keep tapping F8 - you should see a menu which includes safemode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-system-recovery-issue.1096358/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an Issue System Recovery Asus K S laptop computer Core I intel processor GB Ram GB HDD NVIDIA Gefore FT mx Gb Windows Home Premium Quite some time ago it went blue screened and System Recovery Issue then it was not used for a while I recently got it working however when you turned it on to get it to boot beyond the asus logo I had to hit F for some reason I knew there was still an issue with the operating system - windows home premium I found a way to do a factory restore which i went through the process of however once completed and restarts still needs to have F pressed then it goes into setup of new settings for the first time loads everything brings up desktop that is enlarged and looks like a safe mode option System Recovery Issue then transparently throws factory setting restore processing do not turn off computer then restarts and the process happens again and again and again can t get past this I cannot find the original system recovery disks Am not too technically challenged however on a continuous learning journey with this More like a bit of a fluker than knowing what I am doing Dangerous mix I think Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated I am working on another computer at present as cannot get this one working Maybe that was an OH DUR statement Apologies nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-recovery-issue.1112633/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I can not get into my desktop at all which is very annoying I thought I got a virus so I did recovery system issue! the system restore and when it was done I could not get back on my desktop and keep going to the system recovery issue! system recovery options This is what happens when I start my laptop press any key to boot from CD or DvD I press enter a bunch of times system recovery options select a keyboard input method US Then it tells me to load drivers and then install drivers for your hard disk which I have no clue what to load I click next and then it says select a system image backup I click cancel i'm now at the system recovery options Operating system Unknown on unknown local Disk Startup Repair sending more information can help microsoft create solutions View problem startuprepairoffline unknown - externalmedia missingbootmanager System restore specify which windows installation to restore I made a recovery CD for windows on another laptop system recovery issue! which hasn't helped me I really just need to know what files I need I have a toshiba qosmio x I am at a dead end right now

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-recovery-issue-675936.html
Relevancy 56.76%

When I'm recovering my system and inserted disc #2 it stucks at 24% and HP recovery manager fails saying destination drive is not connected with an error code = 0xEFFFFF24. Please help me how can I proceed ahead to recover my system.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/System-Recovery-Issue/td-p/5679316
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello i am having issues with my laptop with system restore I recently upgraded to windows from just to give it a try But i didnt like the windows So i wanted System Issue Recovery to go System Recovery Issue back to my original windows but i am having issues doing that In the past i could able to use recovery manager but that is not working now on windows System Recovery Issue when i tried to perform full system restore while logged in on windows Then i tried doing it from MS-Dos mode but i am not having any luck with it with it because when i press F it normally opens the recovery manager but this time i am getting error message which says something like this below nbsp windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause insert windows installation disk which i dont have if you do not have the disk contact your system admin or computer manufacturer for assistance nbsp File boot BCD nbsp Status xc nbsp info An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data nbsp my laptop still has the recovery partition in the hard drive but i cant seem to use it to go back to windows Can someone please able to help me with this because i have tried everything i can think of i even installed the recovery manager for windows and its still doesn't work One more thing i also tried system recovery option on windows where there is an option to go back to windows but when i clicked on it the error message i got was sorry you cant go back to windows since all the system files were removed nbsp nbsp Thanks for your help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/System-Recovery-Issue/td-p/5784365
Relevancy 56.33%

Ok I ll try to keep this as simple as possible because there are a lot of issues here--I ll just start at the beginning I ve had my Compaq SR NX for almost years In that time I ve added a little memory and have never had any major virus issues etc I usually just do some basic browsing store music photos and use it for ebay facebook etc I started having the quot windows System MESS!!! issue--BIG Recovery XP virtual memory minimum too low quot messages but it would still work--slower but it was ok for me I have to suffer with dial-up until I can get a laptop but have always had XP System Recovery issue--BIG MESS!!! some sort of security software installed and running A few days ago I was on the Verizon site and my security alert suggested adware Before I knew it a scan had started threats were found and a window XP System Recovery issue--BIG MESS!!! popped up about my recovery disks I hit continue but it warned me that doing so would affect the stability of windows I hit cancel and the recovery disk screen popped up again The security software said threats had been deleted then they weren t and back and forth and that upon reboot the changes would be saved Before I could do anything it totally shut down by itself and when the xp loading screen came up it loaded and when it switches to go into windows it shut down again restarted and it continued to do that until I finally cut the power There was nothing I could do I ended up having to do a system recovery as I couldn t even get into system restore--of course lost everything but no big deal-all my pics were backed up Now it all went back to the way it was in I updated to IE updated my flash player reinstalled my internet software security etc and it seemed to be okay Now I m getting random messages about MXTask Background User Process error and another WIN error that disconnects my internet but I can t remember exactly what it was To spare the boredom of reading a novel--my first question is--What in the world happened Even after doing the recovery I still have the same amount of memory that I had before this all happened--I do disk cleanup and defrag quite often I m starting school Monday and have another issue with my Word but I will get to that after I figure out what I m gonna do with this first issue Is there anyway to fix this What would be my next step and what would cause this to happen I appreciate your time in reading this nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

I am having an issue with a friends computer that I am currently working on She ran the Compaq System Recovery that Compaq Issue System Recovery came with her PC During the recovery she said it told her that her files would Compaq System Recovery Issue be safe and would not get removed I searched up and down the computer and could not find any of her important documents and photos the weird thing is that her computer is showing the hard drive is GB but it is still using up Compaq System Recovery Issue GB of that I changed the folder options to view all hidden files and folders and system files I calculated how much hard drive space all visible files and folders were taking up and it just didn't add up I did notice that there was one folder in the C drive that would not open quot Access Denied quot and there was another partition D that was for the system recovery but would not let me view anything inside that partition I will have to post the name of that quot access denied quot folder later bc I'm not in front of that PC at this time Any ideas to where Compaq System Recovery might store those files Or any other suggestions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/compaq-system-recovery-issue-310669.html
Relevancy 55.47%

So.. yeah.. I did the stupid thing.. Did a system recovery on my Presario S4300NX.. now the silly thing is working.. BUT.. the 107GB C Drive is showing FULL! well almost.. 106GB .. I was given the choice to do a recovery that would save my data and files or the one that wipes every thing clean. I chose to save my files etc.. well.. the folders are there..but many of them are missing contents and.. My Microsoft Office is showing as uninstalled. and Word is gone too. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance

Keepin my fingers crossed.

Ben

A:Im Stupid !!! Compaq system recovery issue!!

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/138-how-to-repair-windows-xp/page__view__findpost__p__489Please read this article on Repair Install (Not Full Reinstall) -It can save most of your settings etc -Regards -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434276/im-stupid-compaq-system-recovery-issue/
Relevancy 55.47%

Facing issue while running System Recovery Disk 1....  File Copy Fails From E:\PRELOAD\BASE22.swmTo Z:\RM\IMAGE\BASE.22.swm process freezed at 22% and From E:\PRELOAD\BASE21.swmTo Z:\RM\IMAGE\BASE.21.swm Process freezed at 17% no external device attached .....Recovery Discs are also verified by HP support executive. What to do now ???

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/System-Recovery-File-Copy-Issue/td-p/5640446
Relevancy 54.18%

I was out of town for a week and came back to my computer off and unable to boot back up I've been able to get this much information quot the following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM quot and using the CHKDSK command reports at completed that quot The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable quot Using the original XP installation disk I've tried to use the Recovery Console I only get as far as the screen asking which windows installation I want to use Initially I had two HDDs and thought the issue might be there but even disconnecting the other so that there is only one option to console System missing/corrupt, file issue recovery using select I'm not able to get past this prompt I type quot quot for the installation detected press enter and ever hours later nothing has happened Trying to use this HDD as an external drive to just recover software or see if the bad file assuming it's the only one can be replaced the drive is seen as unformated Any suggestions to try would be greatly appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-file-missing-corrupt-issue-using-recovery-console-1069514.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I have a brand new Win bit build with a clean install from an Upgrade CD and noticed in BIOS that my st boot device must be quot Windows Boot Manager quot or it asks for the CD problem Recovery Issue BIOS-WindowsBootManager-System Boot I only have storage device SSD in the system and when I look under Disk Management in windows it shows a MB quot Boot Issue BIOS-WindowsBootManager-System Recovery problem EFI System Partition quot in addition to the primary partition which is labeled quot Boot Crash Dump and Primary Partition quot - so it seems to have the boot files on it My components are Intel i K Gigabyte Z -DS H mainboard GB Crucial Ballistix Intel GB SSD LG BD optical drive GTX ti As I only have the one non-optical storage device I Boot Issue BIOS-WindowsBootManager-System Recovery problem did not set any partition parameters at install I Attempted to do a Startup Repair with the windows disc to maybe try and delete the EFI partition and got the quot System Recovery Options is incompatible with the version you are trying to repair quot error Not sure what that is If Disk Management shows a healthy partition with quot Boot quot listed as being contained why can I not select the SSD as boot device I can boot perfectly fine with the Windows Boot Manager listed as boot device and the SSD as however it's not ideal Thanks

A:Boot Issue BIOS-WindowsBootManager-System Recovery problem

I would reinstall to an MBR disk after removing EFI Boot Disk from BIOS Boot order.

Set DVD drive first to boot, boot into DVD Command Line to run Diskpart Clean Command followed by the command "Convert MBR" and "Exit".

Then install Win7 following these same steps for Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

This will avoid problem with having a GPT formatted disk installed with EFI boot which is not needed except in the rarest cases.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/242124-boot-issue-bios-windowsbootmanager-system-recovery-problem.html
Relevancy 54.18%

hi ive a wee problem my packard bell easinote vista laptop weve been filling it up with a lot of rubbish and also transfered massive files from our old xp pc pics music and vidz after the easy transfer of our files ive noticed my hdd is full but by a couple of mbs its really slow and full quot "i System Think" Recovery Vista, as a whelk quot any how after transfering our files from xp to this vista laptop i did a recovery of the xp pc and its empty quot quot great quot quot then i transfered my pics music and vidz back onto the xp pc im left with the laptop full and would like it back to the factory presets full cleanup clean swipe Vista, System Recovery "i Think" how do i do this the laptop was bought from pc world months ago and vista was already installed so ive no cd with this please help id like to full recover it thanx much jakabite iain

A:Vista, System Recovery "i Think"

If all you did is transfer files (not programs) onto the laptop, and you've now copied them back to the old PC, simply deleting them and the directories/folders they are in should bring your laptop back to the way it was.

I'd delete (delete from the "trash bin" too) enough to get back say 20% of your HD space and then re-boot. This will allow your system to use that recovered HD space for it's virtual memory swap file and it should be noticeably faster. Then delete the other pics, music and vids, etc. that you temporarily moved to the laptop.

Again, if you didn't add or install any programs, it will be back the way it was before you started the transfer ordeal.

Oh, and don't forget, after you've gotten rid of all of those files it would be a good idea to defrag the system, too.

That's my take, unless I'm not understanding something you did.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/117262/vista-system-recovery-i-think/
Relevancy 54.18%

This morning I Vista recovery system awoke to the sound of people opening my porch s screen door and I see two guys fiddling with my electricity box Its about am I realize that these are the guys my father had sent over I was expecting them weeks ago to replace something on said box I promptly fell back to sleep When I got up the second time I came into my computer room to find my computer had rebooted but had a error message on it Of course it Vista system recovery was cuz the power got turned off but I didn t think to go turn the computer off it in my asleep state earlier It was something to do with the registry I followed the instructions and repaired windows with the installation CD When the computer rebooted again windows started very very groggily As it logged in I realized based on what was on my desktop that it had reset all the way back Vista system recovery to February Which of course killed all the work I had done over the past few months preparing for my certified flight instructor check ride which is scheduled tomorrow morning at am Of course the electricians had to attempt to murder my PC today I dont understand how I could have lost so much work time it completely reset my computer back in every aspect Is there any way to get the PC back to where it was yesterday nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I have a HP Pavillion a1700n Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit. I have 2 recovery disks made by Circuit City which came with the computer. I tried to do a system recovery and made a huge mess. I cannot Recover on my disks because i get a black screen saying BOOTMGR is missing. Then when I try to Recover by hard drive i get a black screen that says NTLDR is compressed. Press ctrl, alt and del to restart. Just sends me back thru the whole process. Also I think I may have changed the BIOS utility.( something to do with booting from cd/dvd or hard drive) I have tried the F-12 and F-10 and esc which is (boot)...Not sure. I need help because I really don't know what I'm doing. Thank you so much.

I am using an old Mac powerbook G4 to send this as I cannot get on my computer.

A:Vista System Recovery

Uhhh ok! How do I do that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-system-recovery.991505/
Relevancy 53.75%

I ran a system recovery on my laptop, but now windows not completing startup, just keeps coming up with the startup repair utility which always fails ("startup repair cannot repair the computer automatically". I've rebooted many times, run the recovery again about 3 times but still getting same issue. same thing happens when i try to startup in safe mode. I also can't do a restore as it says i have no restore points, probably cos its been formatted. the laptop came pre-installed with vista, so no vista cd.

Any suggestions of whatelse to try would be truly appreciated

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-not-starting-up-since-system-recovery.589305/
Relevancy 53.75%

I did a Vista32 Windows Image Backup for system image recovery on an external usb hard drive. I did a complete Windows 7 64 installation and it is working great so far. Now I want to restore the files from the Vista32 Windows Image Backup.

I booted the W7 installation disk and chose repair and got to the correct screen to us the USB hard drive to do a restore. It found the file but it would not proceed. It said I need to boot using Vista installation disk.

Essentially what I want is the restoration of MSOffice and some of the files I created along the way.

Please advise me how to proceed.

Richard

A:vista system recovery on windows 7

Richard
Welcome to SF Am I correct that you want to import vista data (or is it applications) into win 7. If its data (office files) you can install office in win 7 then import the data files. Anything that needed to be installed in vista is probably gonna need to be installed in win 7. The other data files like e-mail, word docs, etc can be imported.
Hope this help somewhat. If you need more help dont hesitate to ask there are tons of smart people willing to help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/12279-vista-system-recovery-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi i'm having some troube wth my computer and was wondering if anyone could help. i bought my computer with windows XP installed and have since installed vista as an upgrade. i am haiving some serious problems with viruses ad thr things, if i were to do a system recovery, would it go back to XP or would it stay with vista. Thanks

A:Windows Vista System Recovery

It depends on which System Recovery option you're choosing. Could you describe how to get to the option that you're using?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156936/windows-vista-system-recovery/
Relevancy 53.75%

should we as engineers do a system recovery for a Vista m/c when asked by a client who is unable to do for himself? or refuse and sell him a copy of Windows 8?

A:should we do system recovery for clients who have a Vista pc

And a proper technician should already have the service packs downloaded and ready to install offline. I would also expect a freeware security program installed and the customers documents put back in their correct locations. As has been mentioned, Vista is still supported, even XP is still receiving security updates and will do for another year or so, and I still see many machines that are happily running both XP and Vista. Lastly, as Windows 8 still has a number of issues I would never even consider foisting it onto a customer, for whatever reason."I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us..." Pink Floyd

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/should-we-do-system-recovery-for-clients-who-have-a-vista-pc/13394.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Acer notebook that will not load Windows Vista. I have the system and recovery disks. I've inserted and booted the computer from the system disk. It loads the files, and looks like its about to load the recovery menu, but that stops at a black screen and doesn't go further. How can I fix this?

A:Vista system recovery not loading :(

Its an ASPIRE 4720Z

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-system-recovery-not-loading.869355/
Relevancy 53.75%

So the other day my computer started to crash. I tried all the different scans and it just got worse, couldn't get anything to work to the point that the only way to even turn it off was to unplug it.

I was able to get the System Recovery running, the first step was creating a backup disk saving pictures, word docs, spreadsheets, etc. That all went smooth, system was restored. I ran the backup disc when it asked but now I can?t find any of it. Pictures, bids, job tracking spreadsheets are all gone (or just hiding hopefully).

HELP!

A:HP System Recovery (Vista Home)

How did you backup your data?

You can always look in Windows Explorer.

Right click on the Start Orb> click on Open Windows Explorer.

In the smaller left pane click on Local Disk (C:) In the right pane click on Windows. You can look to see if there are any files that look familiar, or you can look at the dates to find the file which was created on that date.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479293/hp-system-recovery-vista-home/
Relevancy 53.75%

I started a system recovery using HP recovery disks. 4 1/2 hours has elapsed since I began. Is this normal? What should I do as there are multiple warnings not to interrupt the process. Thx. GG

A:[SOLVED] Vista system recovery

No thats not normal, you should stop it.
What model hp? What operating system?
Have you tried from the recovery partition? Normally you press F10 at start up with hp to access the reovery partition and reinstall windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vista-system-recovery-531422.html
Relevancy 53.75%

This might be a silly question,but I can't seem to find anything.I am willing to make a system restore due to network problems which began when i updated windows vista to service pack 2.Is there a way I can see when i updated to sp2 so I can restore to that date?
Thanks

A:Solved: Vista System Recovery

You may find it in the list of installed updates under Windows Update.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-system-recovery.1011705/
Relevancy 53.75%

After my hard drive crashed, my brother installed a new one for me. I ordered recovery discs from Sony and he installed them also. The computer couldn't detect any operating system from what he told me so since I misplaced my Vista Home Edition he installed XP Professional. After not being able find any drivers for my Sony Vaio model VGN-FE855E I found out that my notebook is not compatible with anything besides Vista. Sony Tech people told me I should find my operating system on the recovery discs the sent me. Im trying to run them but I have a message saying: "The recovery drive letter is the same as the system drive letter". What does it mean and why I can't get my system recovered?

A:Vista system recovery problem

Hi, First I must say I have no knowledge of Sony Viao hardware, BUT you have the problem which is, when you bought the PC new, it will have had the Vista OS installed twice. Once in a partition that you never use, that will be in the condition as it was the first day you used it. The second version, is a copy of the first, but is the one you have been working with, until it crashed, or hard drive failed.
When you go into the recovery routine, the software is looking for the first copy of Vista, and then to copy it over (on top of) the second version of Vista. BUT because you have changed the hard drive for a new one, the recovery partition is not there. Your PC was pre-activated with Microsoft for your particular machine to use Vista (Home premium, or Pro or Ultimate), and will have had the drivers installed for all the devices, (touchpad, webcam, DVD, card reader etc) on the original hard drive, which you now have lost. What you do now depends on what Sony have supplied on the discs that they sent to you.
I will assume they have supplied the Vista operating system, or the Sony OEM version, plus all the drivers for your PC. So all you need to do, is to make your PC read from the DVD drive when you switch on, with the Sony disc in the DVD drive. It should then be fairly automatic, and you will need to enter some information as you go along. The most important being the 'Product key' which is printed on a sticker underneath your PC. Best to copy it down before you start. It is five blocks of letters and numbers, you will have to type them into Vista, part way through the install process. To make your Pc look at the DVD drive rather than the hard drive, you press power on, then look for a message on-screen, 'Setup=F2' or 'Boot order=F12', or similar, it may vanish off screen quickly, but if you miss it, just shut down and start again. When you see a screen with options, you look for 'Drives' or 'Boot order'. You have to make the list of your drives look like; 1st =CD/DVD, 2nd On-board IDE/SATA. (Any others in the list are not important. NOTE that you have to use certain keys, eg. cursor, enter, pg up, pg dwn, esc at this stage.)
Then put the Sony DVD into the drive, look on screen for the option 'Save changes and exit' (normally F11). Your PC will reboot, and start reading off the DVD. It will ask you various questions as you go along, (your location, time zone etc). You should find it takes about 1 1/2 hours, and you may have to put in a second DVD as supplied by SONY after Vista has installed. If all goes well, you may need to go to Microsoft's site to 'activate' Vista, but it's automatic. I will assume this is what will happen, if not, in worst case situation, that is if Sony didn't supply Vista, you MAY have to buy a new Operating system, it will be Windows 7 now, not Vista. If you do that, you will get a new 'Product key'. Also you will need to go to Sony's site to download the specific drivers for your PC. (But try your Sony supplied disc first, you should not need to spend any more money). Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-system-recovery-problem.156024/
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok. Specs are basic brand new low end dell PC basic w vista. System was a display modal. System Recovery was ran back to original out of the box.

Problem, when booting the PC up Dell bios splash screen shows giving F2 - setup option and f12 - boot options. After that nothing but black screen with command prompt but no drive letter (note when tried f12 nothing f2 pulls bios menu which drive is located).
Can't check partitions nor do dir, cd calls, nothing.

No disks given by Dell.

The only thing I haven't tried is manually mounting the partition.

Any suggestions? Any way to manually check or write a MBR? Could that be the issue?

A:Vista Won't Load After System Recovery

go into your bios and see if it can see your harddrive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wont-load-after-system-recovery-213653.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello & tia to All,

The installation from the recovery partition went w/o a hitch. Windows update is sluggish to non responsive. IE7 "cannot open the website-operation aborted" is the message when trying to download drivers from HP or anything from Microsoft.com. Read that I needed the current version of windows update agent and a newer version of IE but cannot get on the websites. It will open Google or AOL though.

I've recovered this laptop in the past (2+years ago) with very few problems but tonight I'm stuck. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Mark

HP dv7-2043cl-vista home premium 64bit sp1

A:Vista 64 HP system recovery problem

This is a good example of why Windows and other software products should be updated regularly. Microsoft ended support for SP1 in 2011. You should be running SP2 and IE9 - in fact you should be concerned that IE11 isn't supported on Vista and thinking about installing Chrome. It sounds like you're so out of date that Windows Update no longer works. Hopefully a Guru will have some suggestion other than take your PC to a repair shop.

[Edit] Sorry, after some sleep it dawns on me that I would be in the same situation if I had to recover from the factory image on my HP machine, so your question is of general interest for Vista users.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/303561-vista-64-hp-system-recovery-problem.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My hp pavilion dv6 laptop has got a virus. The virus infected most of the windows components even the Internet browsers.
I thought of performing a system recovery. I rebooted the computer and pressed f11. I went to recovery manager and started the disk recovery. The process did not go through as an error message appeared on screen (error 1002) telling me to contact hp. I repeated the procedure many times, and the same error occurred again.
I contacted hp and they weren't helpful at all.

What other options other than disk recovery do I have to get rid of the virus? Will the problem be solved if I reinstall the windows? And I'm not very familiar with installing windows, if you are please help.

Thanks in advance

A:Windows vista system recovery

Hi and welcome to TSF the info here may help Fixing "BOOTMGR is missing" Error While Trying to Boot Windows 7 or Vista - How-To Geek

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-system-recovery-560766.html
Relevancy 53.75%

have a HP Pavillion Dv --- turned it on amp windows wouldn t respond right---some programs started giving me errors--- laptop hadn t been on in a couple of months so I though quot quot no problem--use system restore quot quot no go---system restore had lost all my previous restore points--none listed in the restore messed Vista system recovery up window-- so went to recovery manager next---- started recovery manager--it said it completed fine---- now Windows UpDate is system recovery messed up Vista cranky--- it would show system recovery messed up Vista updates for awhile then would fail to install---using my main computer amp a flash drive I downloaded service pack amp --they installed okay---after that windows update just showed searching saw to run chdisk--- it froze in stage percent---- saw to run quot quot Register qmgr dll and qmgrprxy dll quot quot in Command Prompt with admin rights--- both came back with errors-- saw to quot quot scannow quot quot in command prompt with admin rights---it completed but put errors in the event log unable to fix errors-- some forums says its a sign of a bad hard drive--- or is the O S in the recovery partion just corrupted I ve had it like years--so would HP send me a new recovery disk or just tell me to mail it to them to fix it for a charge nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I'm new to VistaForums I've been reading and searching for a solution to my problem I with Recovery Problem Vista System may have missed it I did read the tutorial on making a bootable system recovery disk I downloaded the iso file from neosmart I am wanting to do a quot Startup Repair quot on Vista Problem with Vista System Recovery -bit OS system came loaded I am getting a BSOD x b My system is a ACER AM running DC intell My problem is that when I boot into the System Recovery I don't get an OS I can get to the recovery screen but selecting quot Start Up Repair quot does nothing Now the previous screen which indicates no OS asks for the drivers to be loaded I suspect that this is the reason why the repair does not work because the HDD drivers are not loaded on boot up I've seen some questions on this but no specific solutions A little on the HDD with the Vista -bit I have previously loaded the Problem with Vista System Recovery Seatools and completed the testing of the drive which is good Also done a virus test which was also good This is a dual boot drive C Vista D Windows All Vista info can still be seen on drive c D when is booted which works Vista starts with load bar and get a bit through then the x b This was happening before I installed a dual boot of Windows Hope this is enough information I sure wish I had discovered this site before really good helpful Help for a newbie needed Thanks

A:Problem with Vista System Recovery

Hi,

Look here for a MS "Fix it" file: -

Error message when you start a Windows 7 or Windows Vista-based computer after you change the SATA mode of the boot drive: "STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE"

See if that works? Might not be applicable here though?

You might be better off starting from the recovery DVD's you created from the system, you did create them?

Which is your main system now, Vista or Seven?
Can you access and save your documents etc. from the Vista partition?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287732-problem-vista-system-recovery.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Acer Aspire M AM -E A Mfg Date Vista Home Premium -bit It was running OK but getting a bit old and a bit slow I upgraded to a W desktop but wanted to keep this one playing around with Ran System Recovery or times using the Alt-F method First time I wanted to avoid loading bloatware so ran msconfig early on went to Startup to uncheck Acer Launch and stuff like that Windows Update worked until SP Just couldn't get SP to install including when I downloaded it from the web Then I ran System Recovery and let the bloatware run It stalled at Again Windows Update worked until SP Then I tried System Recovery using discs instead of Alt-F It failed for some reason I have a couple other Vista failure canno Recovery - - file "system paths" contains registry System invalid System Recovery discs from an laptop and an eMachine laptop I tried them with the same result Recovery starts writes over the C drive then fails The message is The system registry contains invalid file paths Installation cannot proceed This system image was applied without guaranteeing that drive-letter assignments would match across computers So now I'm stuck I googled the error message but generally ended up in discussion boards that are over my head I think I saw some discussion about partition I have a foggy memory that this desktop may have arrived with the HDD partitioned into something like and GB partitions I think I removed the partition I wonder if this has contributed to the problem Then again I previously ran System Recovery after removing the partition and it Vista System Recovery failure - "system registry contains invalid file paths" - canno seemed to work mostly OK Anyway my only guess at this part is to get to a DOS prompt somehow and partition the Vista System Recovery failure - "system registry contains invalid file paths" - canno HDD again Then again that may have nothing to do with it Help I hope I have provided enough background but please advise if I have not Thanks

A:Vista System Recovery failure - "system registry contains invalid file paths" - canno

The vista image extracts to the temporary drive letter D.

If you use a regular installation dvd and MS standard setup.exe, it will fix the os registry letter correctly. (Defaults to the first letter i.e. C as A and B are reserved for floppies )

If you are trying to restore from a factory image, you will have trouble because there is now another os on the machine.

I have a script I use for it.

You could get it to work , but it is a lot of mucking around.

It is just easier to use a Vista install dvd ( not the same as your factory recovery image ), boot it up, and install to your desired partition.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/300215-vista-system-recovery-failure-system-registry-contains-invalid-file-paths-canno.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Here's the deal my Windows stopped booting up so I rebooted my computer It's a Windows Vista Home Premium I made a set of recovery files on DVD discs as instructed these were supposed to back up all my files Once I rebooted I inserted the first disc then it asked for the last DVD then the first on not System read Discs Recovery being Vista again It read and did whatever it was supposed to but when it asked for the second disc it froze The program hadn't done anything for over minutes so I ended it and restared by computer which is totally good now In the meantime I tried to open some of the picture files but it was saying something along the lines of I didn't have authority to read these files So I looked into the Properties and then Security and did something I can't really remember System Recovery Discs not being read on Vista what EXACTLY I did but after that I could open and read the files Because I was bored I moved the picture files from the first recovery file to where they were originally on my desktop Now when I enter the second disc it doesn't read or do anything automatically like the first disc All it responds with is a window pops up and asks for me to either quot choose which program to pick from to read this disc quot either quot online quot or quot manually quot This is a quot fbw quot file and have NO idea where to find a program to read this Perhaps I messed up by adjusting the details of the first file so I could view the files which were System Recovery Discs not being read on Vista already on my hard drive not the actual disc System Recovery Discs not being read on Vista Is there anyway I can restore the settings or undo anything I may have done so that I can retrieve all the other information off the remaining discs Any help is greatly appreciated

A:System Recovery Discs not being read on Vista

is the disk scratched, dirty or whatever?? maybe there is a crc error on it, wasnt burned correctly. Do you remember, when you burnt it, did it verify the disks?You changing permissions has nothing to do with why the disk(s) arent being read.some insight into your problemtry deleting the "C:\System Recovery Files" folder and all is contentor reboot your computer in Safe Mode (continually click on the f8 key until the menu appears so you can make that selection as your computer is rebooting).

Once Windows has started in Safe Mode, put in the first disk. Open "my computer" and double click on the file to start it. The recovery manager panel appears, and your DVD is ejected.

You're then asked to put in your last disk.

The "NEXT" button on the recovery manager panel will activate. Click it, and you're on your way! You'll be prompted for each of your disks in descending order.ORcontrol panel > backup and restore center > Restore ComputerFollow the instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178666/system-recovery-discs-not-being-read-on-vista/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello excuse me for my English i have a problem with my laptop My main problem is to acces and backup data For keeps Vista starting recovery system options in this I am asking for a solution More than a week ago i think i ran into a virus My computer was running with some error messages but it was running I thought system recovery Vista keeps starting in system recovery options optios was a good idea to run possibly help solving some problems I ran recovery options but i got the message that it was unable to recover found problems I restarted the laptop Now the problem is that system recovery options keeps starting when i start my laptop In other words i am unable to acces windows or all my data I can run chksk in command prompt that doe not help system restore gives an error and is unable to perform and system repair sais it can fix the problems After i restart system recovery options starts again and again and so on Same in the Safe mode Now format and reinstalling the laptop is a solution An other solution which i can perform as a non computer expert is more than welcom But the most important thing for me is acces to my data and emails Can someone plese give me a simple and working solution for this Maybe stupid ideas from me but is it possible in any of the ways described below Install a second windows for example XP on the second hard drive of the laptop Posibble and how is the procedure Entering windows in a different way maybe not running fully but enough to acces data and copie it to an external harddisk device Downloading or making a startup dvd on an other pc Does that work help and what is the procedure Many thanks in front

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/337408/vista-keeps-starting-in-system-recovery-options/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello OK Here is my story Few days ago I got blue screen when turning computer on after that I only had blinking cursor By using this forum I was able to backup my data using Ubutu live CD by following this thread - Vista black screen blinking cursor OK so I copied all my files to externadrive and they are safe then I wanted to restore my Vista Among other files I backed up on exteral dive through Ubuntu I also backed up whole recovery partition no F is not working F and F either while computer USB Vista on for with XP? system - recovery bootable booting up I tried that times taping holding everything And no unfortnately I didnt create recovery disc anyhow I put that recovery partition on a separate Pen Drive as I was thnking since F is not working maybe I can system recovery - bootable USB for Vista on computer with XP? force it to boot computer to that Pen Drive with partition I copied Unfortunately it gives me message PEN system recovery - bootable USB for Vista on computer with XP? DRIVE WITHOUT OPERATING SYSTEM REMOVE PENDIVE AND REBOOT DISC BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISC AND PRESSENTER so I started research again and discovered that pen drive needs to be quot bootable quot in order to boot to it problem is computer needs to be working and mine isnt so here is the question If I understand everything correctly I have a laptop with XP and I have Recovery Partition from my Vista computer on external drive Is it possible to create bootable Pen Drive on XP laptop using recovery partition from my Vista computeron external drive I am also open to any other sugestions Thank you vey much PS My computer is HP desktop PAvilion Unfortunately I dont see any model or so It is Vista Home Premium

A:system recovery - bootable USB for Vista on computer with XP?

From what you're saying, you can't boot into the BIOS to change the first boot device to the port that the pen drive is attached to. Is this correct?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298130-system-recovery-bootable-usb-vista-computer-xp.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone I ran into an annoying problem After a software update my notebook now displays the following message quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer etc quot I am no longer able to boot Vista I do not have a Windows installation disc but since I am a student I was able to download a new OS for free through Microsoft DreamSpark I opted for Windows as my notebook is Recovery of Vista on Elitebook 6930p System years old I figured I could just restore factory settings on my notebook and then install the new OS Since I did a backup right before all this happened I don't care about the data on the harddrive I found a description online that said to just hit the f key when restarting the notebook but System Recovery of Elitebook 6930p on Vista that does not work I can get into the startup menu which also lets me enter the BIOS Setup But I don't know and was unable to find out how to get into the recovery mode All tests from System diagnostics came up with no results I really just want to wipe the notebook clean and start over with the new OS I would be immensely grateful for any advice on how I might do that given the problem So I thank you in advance for your support

A:System Recovery of Elitebook 6930p on Vista

Hi and welcome to TSF from the manual

Restoring factory settings in Computer Setup
NOTE:
Restoring defaults will not change the hard drive mode.
To return all settings in Computer Setup to the values that were set at the factory, follow these steps:
Turn on or restart the computer, and then press
esc
while the “Press the ESC key for Startup Menu”
message is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
Press
f10
to enter BIOS Setup.
Use a pointing device or the arrow keys to select
File
>
Restore defaults
Follow the on-screen instructions.
To save your changes and exit, click the
Save
icon in the lower-left corner of the screen, and then
follow the on-screen instructions.
– or –
Use the arrow keys to select
File
>
Save changes and exit
, and then press
enter
Your changes go into effect when the computer restarts.
http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/sit...tte.cachetoken
http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/sit...tte.cachetoken

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-recovery-of-elitebook-6930p-on-vista-787242.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I own a GATEWAY notebook laptop and the system recovery disk XP that came with it didn t work I purchased a Recovery System Vista Windows Failure new system recovery package based on the unit s serial MX Windows Vista System Recovery Failure Since the GATEWAY site did not list this serial number I ordered the package designated for MX The two disks ran seemlessly but after quot factory quot Windows Vista System Recovery Failure installation the operating system was interrupted by Windows Vista System Recovery Failure a white screen with a grey rectangular window the the old-fashioned monitor CPU logo and the rotating magnifying glass This window overlayed and obscured a GATEWAY image I can barely make out the Holstein pattern with a horizontal isobar frenetically moving left and right If I hit the quot windows quot key the desktop comes up for a fraction of a second If I CONTROL-ALT-DELETE I get the Windows VISTA menu Any other keystrokes eventually lead the the white screen with the animations mentioned above The computer was originally loaded with XP but was advertised as VISTA-ready Do I need more RAM nbsp

A:Windows Vista System Recovery Failure

Hello and welcome to the TSG Forums.

It's possible that the recovery disk set is trying to install over XP but without removing it all and has hit a brick wall. It will be faster and cheaper to ask Gateway to replace the Vista package with an XP CD because Vista will need more RAM than you almost certainly have and is still regarded as a sub-standard OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-system-recovery-failure.983408/
Relevancy 52.89%

hey i have a hp g 60 notebook and the vista is not starting up on it. i have been using this computer for an year now, yesterday while playing a game, a blue screen came up and restarted my laptop. Since then i am not able to boot the laptop.everytime i try to start the laptop the hp logo comes up and then the screen goes black.

I have entered the start up menu using Esc and run all the testes in system diagnostics and everthing is fine there. I have also tried using system recovery and it takes me back to the black screen.

please help.

A:hp vista not booting, system recovery not starting

ok i got the recovery disk and tried restoring the system but it failed. any suggestions...

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/284169-hp-vista-not-booting-system-recovery-not-starting.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all I recently purchased a new motherboard after my old one died I can't get my Vista running on it again I have a SATA harddrive with Vista Ultimate x installed on it When I boot the machine I get the standard Windows Error screen I've inserted the Vista recovery disk in the optical drive but even after changing the BIOS options to boot first from the optical drive the only way System find to Vista recovery OS recover cannot I can load the recovery disk is by physically unplugging the harddrive When I try to repair Vista with System Recovery Options it cannot find an OS and can't seem to recognize the harddrive after it's plugged back in I have System recovery cannot find OS to recover Vista both the motherboard driver disk and a USB drive with the harddrive's setup program but System recovery can't load the drivers Finally when I open up the command prompt and run chkdsk r the error message I get is quot The type of the file system is NTFS Cannot lock current drive Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected quot Any idea why it refuses to boot or recognize the existing OS on the harddrive At this point even a clean reinstall would be fine but the install disk also can't find the harddrive Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

A:System recovery cannot find OS to recover Vista

Hi CPstyle,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

What is the manufacturer, make, and precise model of your computer? What is the manufacturer, make, and precise model of the new motherboard and where did you get it and can you provide a website link for the motherboard? Have you verified with the computer manufacturer that the motherboard will work in that computer given the other components and its requirements? How did you run chkdsk if you can't run the Recovery Disk with the HDD installed and can't boot to the HDD? If you need to re-install, how will you do it (genuine Vista Installation Disk, Recovery Disk from the Manufacturer, Recovery Partition on the hard drive,...)?

My first guess is that the motherboard is not compatible with one, some, or many components in your computer (or the computer in general) and/or with your version of Vista. Another possibility is that the BIOS aren't compatible with the motherboard and you either need updated BIOS or a motherboard that can work with them (or possibly that the BIOS just need some type of reconfiguration based on the change).

My second guess is that the system wasn't put back together properly in some way and thus is causing this problem. Double-check all the connections. Don't just snug them - remove and replace them all.

But first, let's see what you have and see if there are any obvious problems. Please answer all the above questions and provide any other details you think may help (and try to fully complete the System Specifications section of your User Profile on this forum).

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284820-system-recovery-cannot-find-os-recover-vista.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Recently I Doesn't Help! My Recovery Vista System See Options reformatted my HD to contain three partitions one for Vista one Help! System Recovery Options Doesn't See My Vista for Ubuntu and the remaining one for the HP RECOVERY partition Of course I didn't alter in any way the last partition as I do not have any copy of the Vista installation DVD - I am solely dependent on the HP RECOVERY partition to restore and repair my Windows should anything go wrong I installed Ubuntu un the second partition and everything was working great until I tried to boot my Vista Apparently my HP dv t missing the winload exe file and it can't boot I tried booting from the HP RECOVERY partition and the only thing I get is a never ending black screen with a blinking cursor I tried to wait this out but after I had fallen asleep and woke up it was still the same screen and I was asleep for about hours so no luck there I searched some solutions over the 'net and I found neosmart's Vista Recovery Disc which I downloaded and burned I booted using that DVD and I got the appropriate screens until I hit the repair my Windows computer button System Recovery Options can't see my Vista and no other operating system was listed not even my Ubuntu Ubuntu works great and I could still boot into Vista after I partitioned the HD into three parts before I installed Ubuntu How can I restore my Vista Or if restoring Vista is impossible how can I reformat my entire drive again Will I be able to recover the HP RECOVERY partition Any help would be great Thanks -Eby

A:Help! System Recovery Options Doesn't See My Vista

there might be a way to fix this but just to be safe I would call HP and order the recovery disks, they have to give you that option if your hard drive dies

boot loaders/dual boots are dangerous

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/135885/help-system-recovery-options-doesnt-see-my-vista/
Relevancy 52.46%

HI,

I was hoping someone could help me find a way to recovery the file system on one of my drives. The files are there..but I when I go to the drive the only thing I see is the folders. I have tried riterecovery and it starts to retrieve them but then stops responding. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-file-system-recovery-on-vista.644246/
Relevancy 52.46%

I searched around and couldn't find a good thread that deals with this specifically.

I want to do a clean install of Vista Home Premium x64, however all I have are the 3 system recovery DVD's I created on my HP. The PC didn't come with an OEM style disk like back in the good ol days. I'm familiar with doing an install with an OEM Windows CD, but I want to get this PC back to original configuration and can't for the life of me figure out how. Any tips would be great. Thanks.

Christian

A:Clean Vista x64 Install with System Recovery Disks

Just put the DVD disc 1 in the tray and reboot the computer. It should directly boot from the DVD, reformat the computer all by itself. I had to do it a couple months ago. You shouldnt have a problem. Just insert the next disc when it says to an your in the clear. It is restore it back to when you first turned it on.

Good Luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/263433-clean-vista-x64-install-system-recovery-disks.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have been facing this for quite a few daYs already Initial symptom -Windows explorer deskstop just don't appear when i boot Recovery/cannot After Normally Stopped System Vista Boot Windows up my notebook -in task Windows Vista Stopped After System Recovery/cannot Boot Normally manager when i run the program for scan found the messages below -affected C toole exe Trojan win startpage gen C so i browse thru windows vista and went to Windows Vista Stopped After System Recovery/cannot Boot Normally perform system recovery picked a date that is one week earlier before downloading any program from web earlier than this tool exe being downloaded chinese support software pick a restore point and perform restore when it's completed my notebook rebooted and always showing this messsage quot Setting to System Recovery Environment Please wait a moment quot for many hours but no response and i tried to enter into windows vista again using safemode checked and found everything inside is cleared without any previous files kept could have picked the wrong items to recover as my recovery option has system windows vista etc anyone can help with this problem just run out of ideas aleady

A:Windows Vista Stopped After System Recovery/cannot Boot Normally

System restore or system recovery. Two very different things..System restore will bring your PC back in time without loosing any saved files and stuff. System recovery will bring back your nb to factory settings loosing every piece of info in your Nb.I recommend a recovery to wipe it clean and back to factory settings, to make sure the nb is clean...You can always get a Hijackthis log and post it here to get it cleaned.Eather one you chose I will recommend reading this to make sure it doesn't happen again. Most of the times a pc/nb gets infected is cause you open/clicked/etc on something.Mav

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/110477/windows-vista-stopped-after-system-recoverycannot-boot-normally/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone 7 to Windows recovery in Vista install system ending I'm new to this forum as well as to troubleshooting operating systems I have a Gateway with Windows Vista x and want to upgrade to Windows I've been trying to figure out how to do it by following along to another thread in here but as BarefootKid mentioned it is probably best that I start my own thread After I install Windows and it completes and reboots it takes me to system recovery but it Vista to Windows 7 install ending in system recovery is the system recovery for Windows vista I've been trying different things like formatting the partition right before the install and making the partition Vista to Windows 7 install ending in system recovery that Windows is going to go on quot active quot in the cmd prompt I keep going in circles installing Windows getting system recovery and eventually choosing to reformat from Gateway's manufacturer settings although once I do this I can't actually get back into Windows Vista as that now seems to be messed up I don't have the original Vista installation cd Then I try rebooting and installing from the Windows cd again to try more techniques to get it to work I'm at the point of possibly deleting the recovery partition because the Vista remnants seem to be on this partition and taking over once I install Windows Any thoughts would be very much appreciated

A:Vista to Windows 7 install ending in system recovery

It looks like there is a mess-up with the MBR. The MBR is still pointing to the Vista partition which you have deleted. Try to fix the MBR (there are several tutorials and threads explaining that on this forum).
Or, if you can get at all into the system, go to msconfig > Boot tab and delete the Vista entry.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/117463-vista-windows-7-install-ending-system-recovery.html
Relevancy 52.46%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Internet Explorer Run by Justin at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC System Google Recovery Search Redirects Vista & A- F- fae- Vista System Recovery & Google Search Redirects E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Vista System Recovery & Google Search Redirects Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows helppane exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Vista System Recovery & Google Search Redirects Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Justin Desktop dds scr C Windows system WSCRIPT exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp www sony com vaiopeople mDefault Page URL hxxp www sony com vaiopeople uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks N A a faf - e- cf- - f a d - c program files mywebsearch srchastt bin MWSSRCAS DLL BHO MyWebSearch Search Assistant BHO a faf - e- cf- - f a d - c program files mywebsearch srchastt bin MWSSRCAS DLL BHO mwsBar BHO b ea -a - -b bb- de cca - c program files mywebsearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB My Web Search b ea -a - -b bb- de cca - c program files mywebsearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL TB -D C - - FA - E EAAC - No File uRun Sidebar c program files windows sidebar sidebar exe autoRun uRun RunSpySweeperScheduleAtStartup quot c windows system msfeedssync exe quot ScheduleSweep User Feed Synchronization- C C-BA F- -B - BC D uRun ehTray exe c windows ehome ehTray exe uRun MyWebSearch Email Plugin c progra mywebs bar bin mwsoemon exe uRun TranscodingService quot c program files tivo desktop TranscodingService exe quot auto uRun TivoServer quot c program files tivo desktop TiVoServer exe quot service registry auto TivoServer uRun TivoNotify quot c program files tivo desktop TiVoNotify exe quot service registry auto TivoNotify uRun eyeBeam SIP Client uRun AdobeBridge quot c program files adobe adobe bridge cs Bridge exe quot -stealth uRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exe uRun iTbaMgqSlSQqG c programdata iTbaMgqSlSQqG exe mRun Windows Defender quot c program files windows defender MSASCui exe quot -hide mRun RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe mRun Apoint c program files apoint Apoint exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun ISBMgr exe quot c program files sony isb utility ISBMgr exe quot mRun VAIO Center Access Bar quot c program files sony vaio center access bar VCAB exe quot mRun VAIO Help and Support Demo quot c program files sony vaio help and support demo LaunchVHSD exe quot mRun VWLASU quot c program files sony vaio pc wireless lan wizard AutoLaunchWLASU exe quot mRun VAIORegistration quot c program files sony first experience WelcomeLauncher exe quot mRun VAIOSurvey quot c program files sony vaio survey Vista VAIO Survey exe quot mRun MyWebSearch Plugin rundll c progra mywebs bar bin M PLUGIN DLL UPF mRun My Web Search Bar Search Scope Monitor quot c progra mywebs bar bin m SrchMn exe quot m w mRun MyWebSearch ... Read more

A:Vista System Recovery & Google Search Redirects

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________Rootkit UnHooker (RkU)Please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check Drivers, Stealth Code, and uncheck the rest.Click OK.Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.Save the report to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create a FULL OTL ReportPlea... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/400691/vista-system-recovery-google-search-redirects/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I am Tj I recently bought a computer from someone that had windows on it Vista recovery Windows system Win7 to after reset It was an HP pavillion computer that came with windows vista and a windows CD He installed windows on it Before buying it I ran a system recovery to reset the system to factory settings so it would get rid of all of his junk on it and it reset the OS to windows vista SP -bit He couldn't find the win CD that Win7 reset to Windows Vista after system recovery came with it I really do NOT like this OS I have encountered some gaming incompatibility I couldn't run netflix on firefox because silverlight was incompatible and I really just don't like the feel of it and I think it may even be giving me performance problems I have an i st gen processor and GB of trichannel RAM Please help me out here how can I get windows back Do I really need to go and buy it if he can't find the CD Because it will be quite a while before I can especially considering I still have about in modifications that I need to do to this comp Thanks a load -Tj

A:Win7 reset to Windows Vista after system recovery

Did the computer come with Vista and a Windows 7 DVD? Or, did your friend buy Windows 7 separately?

If the computer came installed with Vista (which I'm sure it did, since you got Vista when you did a restore action), and your friend can't find the Windows 7 install DVD and key, then yes - you have to buy Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/240763-win7-reset-windows-vista-after-system-recovery.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Background

Home built PC. Q 6600, Striker Extreme Mobo, (2) 8800 GTX in SLI, 4 GB Corsair Dominator XMS2, Vista 32 on 2 WD Raptor X in Raid 0 (drive H), storage on a Hitachi 1TB Deskstar

I was playing my new game (COD WAW) when my system froze up. I reset and found my system stalled at ?missing bootmgr? on startup. So I go to my Vista CD to run a repair of Windows. The problem is Windows does not see my operating system and suggests I load drivers for my hard disks. My operating system is on 2 WD Raptors in Raid 0. I have tried to load drivers from my MOBO disk and from WD, but nothing was worked. I know I?m missing something simple (I hope), but would welcome help in finding drivers to load that will allow the windows repair disk to see my operating system. This and any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

A:Windows Vista Recovery - My new game killed my system

Come on guys. Some has to know something! Please help!

Thanks,

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-recovery-my-new-game-killed-my-system-330709.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hi i recently left my computer on whilst i went out only to come back to find it totaly locked couldn t do anything with it i had to unplug the mains and hold down the power button for ages before it turned off tried to reboot and it gets as far as windows error recovery screen i have treid to boot in safe mode and normaly but nothing there is no last known good config option i get to system recovery options but there are no OS listed i know you can system vista 6720s. in compaq recovery stuck home. hp then bypass this by clicking next but i don t know what to look for after that stage i don t have any instalation driver discs as everything was already installed when we hp compaq 6720s. vista home. stuck in system recovery got the comp from HP i ve been into the bios and ran the checks on there installed memory test passed startup check hp compaq 6720s. vista home. stuck in system recovery failed - replace hard disk HDD check where it says test - quick test read failure i have left my laptop trying to do a startup repair and it s been going for than hours now attempting repairs up until the problem occured the CPU fan was getting pretty noisy and had been for a few months although now it is silent could this have anything to do with it i don t know a great deal about comps or there software so would really appreciate some help Hp compaq s vista basic SP thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I ve been sitting on a Vista issue for a while I am running a Dell laptop with Vista and in December a blue screen greeted me and said that my OS was missing I called Dell several times and they said there was nothing to do but reformat and pull the files - if they are recoverable - out onto a comp with a tower OK I thought about this today The comp won t boot from the disks as I remember but I have to find them So what I can do is this gt feel preoccupied about recovery drive X gt open notepad from cmd at c gt view all my files from notepad gt open so things are still there gt run kapersky virus removal tool from a flash drive because who knows What information can I give someone here that would help you know the computer and tell me if it is into OS system options recovery does missing? Vista boots not start; salvageable This was an absolutely awesome machine for a long time before it crapped out

A:OS missing? Vista does not start; boots into system recovery options

Well...I'm no IT person or tech of any sort, just a member...and I don't have familiarity with Vista...but if you are talking laptop...and Dell advised reinstall...I would hardly advise something else.That said...let's try this.Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.When scanning is done, click Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.Save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.Funny that you don't mention the content of any onscreen error messages that have been received relative to your system.What is the exact model of this Dell system?Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/408467/os-missing-vista-does-not-start;-boots-into-system-recovery-options/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I'm having a problem statrting up my PC it refuses to start in normal or safe mode it simply restarts after it gets to the crcdisk sys Having found the Vista recovery System Vista BSOD disk start, results in Recovery won't disc that came with the Medion PC i've loaded it in and booted via the CD it goes through the 'windows is loading files' screen with the white bar and the microsoft corporation screen with the green scrolling bar then automatically goes to BSOD which says STOP X C F x x x x It just stalls on this screen so i can't even get into the recovery screen I think i'm right in saying that i can't even get a dump file as i System won't start, Vista Recovery disk results in BSOD can't log in System details - -bit i believe although not sure - it is the original installed OS on the system System won't start, Vista Recovery disk results in BSOD - OEM - PC is years old - OS is from new so years old Hopefully you guys can help me as i've run out of ideas

A:System won't start, Vista Recovery disk results in BSOD

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests (located at this link: Hardware Diags ). They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks

I believe that the STOP 0xC1F5 error is a separate issue. Here's a link to a description of the error and some fixes for Vista: BSOD Index - STOP 0xC1F5

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/294451-system-wont-start-vista-recovery-disk-results-bsod.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I tried to update to Vista SP1 on an older Sony Vaio and consequently hit a brick wall with a corrupted volume. I've tried a TON of tips/tricks from various forums which included Startup Repair and various command line options. NONE worked and I am forced to use the Sony Vaio recovery discs. Will this delete any/all personal files already on the drive, or will they get shoved in a folder somewhere?

A:Will Vista/Vaio system recovery discs delete personal files?

The factory recovery process will overwrite and destroy everything that's currently on the C: drive. That's why you are supposed to keep backups of all your personal files on a separate drive or on optical discs while you are able to do so, and not wait until disaster strikes which prevents you from copying anything.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/will-vista-vaio-system-recovery-discs-delete-personal-files-588725.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Yesterday our laptop froze up and had to reboot and it rebooted to a black screen that said :

Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.
This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.
If you continue to receive this error message. contact the hardware manufacturer.
File /Boot/BCD
Status 0xc00000e9
Info An unexpected I/0 error has occurred.

I have had nothing plugged into the computer. Now I am at System Recovery Options screen but no operating system is listed and when I click on Load Drivers I don't know where to go after that.

Please Help me! I'm lost...

A:No OS in System Recovery Options (Vista Home Premium Dell Laptop)

You may have hard drive issue....Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287 (or http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...ive+diagnostic)Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.For Toshiba hard drives, see here: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=Serv...ties#diagnostic

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/345302/no-os-in-system-recovery-options-vista-home-premium-dell-laptop/
Relevancy 50.74%

I had the nasty trojan Windows Vista Recovery last night and downloaded Malwarebytes to get rid of it but it kept freezing and eventually, i did a system restore to the other day which now, seems to have fixed the problem. I have unhidden all my folders and files which was one of the side effects of the trojan. My internet browsers, Office and all those things work but when i try and load a game, either nothing happens or the screen goes black like its about to load and then does nothing. I have tried Modern Warfare, GTAIV and NFS: Hot Pursuit. MW doesnt load at all, GTAIV loads the social club startup thing and then nothing happens after Play is clicked and NFS loads to black and nothing happens. I do not know what the problem is here. I have done a system restore before because of another virus but everything worked fine after that. Help please :(

A:[SOLVED] Games dont run after system restore and removal of Vista Recovery virus. Hel

Hello and welcome to TSF.

So the screen goes black and stays that way? Does it show a crash at all, and can you get back into Windows after it (try pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del>Start Task Manager)?

It sounds like a DirectX issue rather than a video driver. Also, have you tried a full-screen video? Head over to YouTube and try making a video full-screen. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Devin

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-games-dont-run-after-system-restore-and-removal-of-vista-recovery-virus-hel-577882.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm having a horrible time with Vista 32-bit Home Version.

No matter what I do, I can't seem to gain access to system folders I need access to. I've used my authority as administrator to try to check off the right boxes, but Vista is constantly struggling with me over which one of us has control over the folders.

For example, I need to copy .pst files to my Microsoft Office 2003 Outlook folders. My file explorer finds the right folder, but then I can't access it, even though I've checked off all the boxes making invisible folders visible. The folders still aren't accessible.

One reason I use Microsoft system software over Mac is that Mac was always struggling with me over who got to make the decisions. Now I'm having the same problem with Vista.

Can anyone help?

A:Vista Operating System Control Issue -- HELP!

Context Menu - Take Ownership

If you are getting access denied or similar, the set up above may make it easier to take ownership of the files/folders.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281949-vista-operating-system-control-issue-help.html
Relevancy 49.45%

"System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed. Details: An unspecified error occurred during System Restore".

Anybody know how to over come this? I have an issue on my pc that's driving me insane & I think the only resolve is a system restore.

Using Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 Bit.

I have purchased a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate (Full Version), but have not gotten around to upgrading yet. If I do an upgrade & then do a system restore will it revert back to Home Premium, or will I lose all previous restore points.
Is it better to install 32 or 64 Bit?

Thanks!!

A:System Restore Issue - Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Hi,

First let me explain that once a new system is installed, all previous restore points are removed. Therefore, you will not revert back to Windows Vista Home Premium using System Restore after Windows Vista Ultimate is installed. The only way to revert back to Windows Vista Home Premium is to reinstall Home Premium.

For the 32bit and 64bit question, you can refer to the following thread:
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2340069&SiteID=17

Currently, as you would like to install Windows Vista Ultimate, we can ignore the System Restore issue on Home Premium. I suggest back up your important files, format the drive and perform a Clean Install of Windows Vista Ultimate.

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d4e77601-8957-43f6-a3f9-0f12e0434a02/system-restore-issue-vista-home-premium-32-bit?forum=itprovistasetup
Relevancy 48.59%

I am running Vista Ultimate bit About two months ago I noticed FF was acting weird lag, system problem, 64bit issue, browser Update Vista redirect Running sluggishly and then getting an error about an update install failing Reinstalled it fixed it System started running slower locking up I have scheduled maintenance running on it updates auto install etc So usually my system is up to date and cleaned out Then Google started redirecting when you click on links in search IE showed same issues I looked for an update only to discover that my Windows Update wouldn't connect and get updates I troubleshooted it and followed all the steps from Microsoft had to no avail It refuses to connect and get updates Everything I have researched to this point had Update problem, browser redirect issue, system lag, 64bit Vista come up with something called a Vundo Virus From what I've read it has mutated to be really hard to find Every scan I ran prior to finding this forum detected nothing I'm at a complete loss but really worried about this Note I have an HP Of course there is no boot disc recovery CD They put it on the quot d quot drive The only disk I have is my Ultimate upgrade only box and disc the system came with Home Premium installed Note When I ran GMER exe it did not look like the picture shown Many of the items were grayed out and I was unable to select them Only Update problem, browser redirect issue, system lag, 64bit Vista the bottom three boxes and ADS and the drives were able to be ticked Note I only just recently downloaded LimeWire for the first time in the past two weeks before I realized the Updater problem with Windows etc Reports DDS Ver - - - NTFSX Run by LadySaat at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect CommandService exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Autodesk ds Max mentalray satellite raysat dsmax server exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system Wacom Tablet exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exe C Windows system Wacom Tablet exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE C Windows System spool drivers x WrtMon exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpWareSE exe C Windows System spool drivers x WrtProc exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrobat sl exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files x LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect Monitor exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple M... Read more

A:Update problem, browser redirect issue, system lag, 64bit Vista

BUMP (should be compliant with 72 rule about bumping)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/update-problem-browser-redirect-issue-system-lag-64bit-vista-442153.html
Relevancy 47.73%

How are you today I ve Screening on or Think?) Blue Operating Vista Malware Issue Trojan Windows (I Causing System been working on trying to get my friends computer back up and running after he has been repeatably receiving the blue screen of death window on his Windows Vista Operating system When you log in to his computer under normal operating conditions windows starts runs for a few minutes while everything is loading in the back ground Trojan or Malware Causing Blue Screening Issue on Windows Vista Operating System (I Think?) then blue screens This happens every time you restart the system If you start in safe mode I have only had the blue screen occur one time in well over restarts The computer is Trojan or Malware Causing Blue Screening Issue on Windows Vista Operating System (I Think?) running McAfee s and I have run a manual scan that pick up nothing When I first tried to install Malwarebytes the system would not do anything I would click on the setup file and it would act like I never tried running the file I finally got around that by renaming the setup file to M exe and it allow the install However I can now not execute the program to run and do a scan Also when I try to go to certain webpages whether its through internet explorer or Mozilla it says the page can not be displayed or it sends me to another bogus page Browser like yahoo or google are not a problem to go to but if I try to come here bleepingcomputer com or something like an online virus scanner pages that is when I m redirected I ve attached my HiJackThis Log to in the proper forum here on this website it can be found at http www bleepingcomputer com forums top html Any Help is greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Trojan or Malware Causing Blue Screening Issue on Windows Vista Operating System (I Think?)

Hi Mistic,

Since you have an open HJT log, please you should only follow the instructions given by the HJT team member who takes your log.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. If you have any questions, please PM me.

Thanks,
rigel
BleepingComputer Forums Moderator

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/188452/trojan-or-malware-causing-blue-screening-issue-on-windows-vista-operating-system-i-think/
Relevancy 47.73%

How System Trojan Blue or Screening Malware Operating Vista Issue Causing Windows on are you today I've been working on trying to get my friends computer back up and running after he has been repeatably receiving the blue screen of death window on his Windows Vista Operating system When you log in to his computer under normal operating conditions windows starts runs for a few minutes while everything is loading in the back ground then blue screens This happens every time you restart the system If you start in safe mode I have only had the blue screen occur one time in well over restarts The computer is running McAfee's and I have run a manual scan Trojan or Malware Causing Blue Screening Issue on Windows Vista Operating System that pick up nothing When I first tried to install Malwarebytes the system would not do anything I would click on the setup file and it would act like I never tried running the file I finally got around that by renaming the setup file to M exe and it allow the install However I can now not execute the program to run and do a scan Also when I try to go to certain webpages whether its through internet explorer or Mozilla it says the page can not be displayed or it sends me to another bogus page Browser like yahoo or google are not a problem to go to but if I try to come here bleepingcomputer com or something like an online virus scanner pages that is when I'm redirected I've attached my HiJackThis Log at the bottom of this posting and was hope to get some help on tracking down my problem I already see a few issues in the log at the following locations but I'm not touching anything until I get a few more opinions quot Possible Problem Areas quot O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - HKLM Run MSServer rundll exe C Windows system efcYPICS dll O - HKCU Run MSServer rundll exe C Users Stephen AppData Local Temp vtUkKeeb dll O - HKCU Run cmds rundll exe C Users Stephen AppData Local Temp vtUmMcYS dll cO - Winlogon Notify GoToAssist - C Program Files Citrix GoToAssist G AWinLogon dll file missing Thanks and advance for your help R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by DellR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise scriptcl dllO - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dllO - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - HKLM Run WPCUMI C Windows system WpcUmi exeO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp sttray exeO - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONEO - HKLM Run MSServer rundll exe C Windows system efcYPICS dll O - HKLM Run Media Codec Update Service C Program Files Essentials Codec Pack update exe -silentO - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKeyO - H... Read more

A:Trojan or Malware Causing Blue Screening Issue on Windows Vista Operating System

Anybody?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/187797/trojan-or-malware-causing-blue-screening-issue-on-windows-vista-operating-system/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, To put it plainly, I need to do a System Recovery to restore my system back to its factory settings (I'm using WinXP Home). When I hit F10 upon startup in order to access the system recovery, nothing happens- it boots as it would regularly. I was able to boot up using the CD, and am now in the System Recovery console. Might anyone tell me what I need to do to perform a non-destructive, or even a destrucitve system recovery? Thanks

A:Using the System Recovery Console to perform a System Recovery?

Why do you need to to a recovery?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-the-system-recovery-console-to-perform-a-system-recovery.494841/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I have a HP Laptop with Windows Vista model of computer I don t recall the name Im sorry As of a few days ago a help menu for every program started popping up when I clicked on something I ran AVG and found nothing I ran Windows Defender and again nothing I ran Norton and nothing Still the problem persisted Also when I tried to open a web browser it would open a million new tabs and I would not be able to get online Finally I just relented and did a System Recovery It gave me a fresh system but still there is a help window popping up and I cannot get online and I keep running the virus programs I do have and nothing will catch it Im at a loss The only recovery I have is a drive on my computer no discs so I think it may have gotten on that drive and I cant get online through my browser really although sometimes it will open and it wall have the home page but I cannot click on the URL bar to type in another address because of the help windows that are always there and I cant do anything else to my computer that I know of If someone could help I would be so thankful Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-help-menu-persistence-virus-system-recovery.955984/
Relevancy 47.3%

OK this is not really a start up or boot problem only an annoyance so i boot from the not in vista recovery option" listed installation "system windows installation dvd vista loads i choose the quot repair your computer quot option the quot system recovery option quot appears and the problem is my vista home premium is not listed there so basically i can't select an installation to repair if vista installation not listed in "system recovery option" i needed to i only have one OS i notice that at the bottom of the box it says quot if you do not see your operating system listed click load drivers to load drivers for you hard disks quot do i need to load a driver for my hard drive or something or what drivers is that referring to any knowledgeable mind to explain what that means what could be casing this problem about my vista installation not listing my system works just fine I'm just concerned why vista is not listed in the quot system recovery option quot thanks vista installation not listed in "system recovery option" for any help

A:vista installation not listed in "system recovery option"

Hello Gothnezz,

I believe you are referring to step 5 in the tutorial below. If so, then you can just go ahead and click on Next to continue anyway.

System Recovery Options

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261162-vista-installation-not-listed-system-recovery-option.html
Relevancy 46.01%

In my previous topic gateway-laptop-with-ssd-not-find-vista-sp -wont-start-pxe-e I was unable to restart my Gateway bit Vista laptop except by using the Gateway Recovery management Partition and doing a quot Recovery with automatic data backup quot This recovery worked flawlessly and recovered Vista to its level including associated programs and Windows updates and built an associated gig BACKUP file which was stored in the top level of the Local Disk C directory It included a top level directory folder named - - AM beneath which were folders the same folder names that Vista initially builds in its structure including Documents Google Graphics Intel Perflogs Program Recovery Backup method Proper with Vista? Automatic from of Gataway 32bit Recovery on files System Volume Information Users and Windows along with additional folders that had existed in the previous version on my computer such as AmiPro Downloads Quicken and other programs and folders of mine built since the previous recovery when I'd replaced a failing hard drive with a Crucial SSD However after recovering to this stage I did not know the proper way to continue Proper method of Recovery from Recovery with Automatic Backup on Gataway 32bit Vista? the recovery how to get this backup structure back into the Local Disk C structure in place of the one the recovery had built I thought the first priority would be to continue applying updates to the system using Windows Update But I ran into a problem with Windows Update so went ahead and used the standalone installs of SP and then SP but Windows Update is still not working And I still have not put the backed up directory structure back in place and I don't even know how to do that So I'm not sure what to do next and am requesting any assistance as to the proper way to recover from this situation I will make an offline backup of that BACKUP directory before I do anything And if I have to go back and start over I am willing to do that too in the case that I have done things in the wrong order I am years old and struggling to get this recovery right so I would appreciate any help anyone could give me as to the proper method of doing this recovery to get me back to where I was before the startup problem Thank you very much Ralphyde

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/303013-proper-method-recovery-recovery-automatic-backup-gataway-32bit-vista.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Environment Deleted. Recovery Missing Recovery -System Partition everyone I Recovery Environment Missing -System Recovery Partition Deleted. m stuck in a pretty bad situation right now and I have no idea about how to help myself So recently I ve been wanting to reset my Windows laptop amp I just cannot because my recovery environment is missing First when I got this problem I thought there would be an easy-intermediate level fix like every other problem and I love fixing stuff But this one doesn t look like an easy fix or I m not even sure If there is a fix Recovery Environment Missing -System Recovery Partition Deleted. So the big mistake I did was I deleted my quot System Recovery Partition quot I have searched everywhere possible and I m not Recovery Environment Missing -System Recovery Partition Deleted. getting a fix I would really appreciate IF YOU GUYS HELP ME and another problem is that I don t live in the USA or Canada I ve got a nbsp Dell Inspiron R GB RAM intel i u and Dell provides Backup Media to only the people who live in the US and Canada Please guys I need a solution I have a separate Windows Installation Disk but what I m scared about is If I install my Windows from the disk my Dell features would be gone and I don t think I d be able to have a proper Recovery Environment in the future because this Disk s installation files are nothing related to nbsp Dell Its just a clean Windows installation disk I got from my friend a while ago I ve tried the repair my computer option from the disk and it does not help Thank you

A:Recovery Environment Missing -System Recovery Partition Deleted.

Hi ahmedrahamathulla,
Please private message us the system service tag and region you are located so that I can check the available options and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19622910
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello My computer has many corrupt files I have done both sfc not processed Recovery - Error being System Discs Recovery 0xc000000f scannow and chkdsk r multiple 0xc000000f Recovery Error - System Recovery Discs not being processed times but the corrupt files still remain Unfortunately my HP's recovery manager is also corrupt so I decided to do a full factory restore Because I couldn't do a full factory restore from the computer I ordered the discs from HP When ever I try to do a recovery from the boot menu F or F I get the following error quot Boot Manager Windows failed to start A recent hardware of software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance Status xc f Info The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot I insert the disc but nothing happens The computer returns to the same steps I even tried going through control panel and Full System Restore Again I get the same steps When I press enter it allows me to boot Windows or do a memory diagnostic test I appreciate any help

A:0xc000000f Recovery Error - System Recovery Discs not being processed

Hello and welcome sunnyxm well if yo are trying to just reinstall try this it will save all the bloatware from HP being loaded anyway.

REINSTALL

Forinstalling I prefer a disk to be honest but if you want to try again this isthe one to follow
CleanReinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 make sureit is the right version ie Home Premium or Ultimate whatever you have a codefor and then the language and do not use the ones with a large "N" or"old" beside them.
You can use a disk or USB stick with this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/316737-0xc000000f-recovery-error-system-recovery-discs-not-being-processed.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
My system is multi-boot (XP,Win7, Win10) pc. I got stuck, unable to access my Win7 partition.
I ran NeoSoft Easy Recovery for Win7 Pro, choose Repair, but ended up with a computer halted at the "Verify DMI Pool Data".
Is there anything I can do to access, each and every OS om my drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/401743-system-stuck-following-recovery-neosoft-easy-recovery-win7-pro.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Will Vista Recovery Disk Work if there is No Recovery Partition?
Thanks all.

Relevancy 45.58%

I experienced a serious problem over the weekend that is forcing me to restore my system using the Win bit Home Premium quot System Image Recovery quot tool I ll cut to it system? volumes Does or all just the in the System system volume - Image Recovery recover the chase because I cannot unfortunately access System Image Recovery - Does it recover just the system volume or all volumes in the system? any of my system restore points nor is startup repair working My computer has different hard drives On the c drive I only keep the Win OS and my various programs All my other files and data are stored in the other HD s my data only hard drives On one of these HD s I have a System Image from about months ago I would like to restore this image using the Win quot System Image Recovery quot tool However there are various other files and data on this HD in addition to the System Image I would like to restore If I use the Win quot System Image Recovery quot tool will it only restore my c drive which is what I want or will it restore all HD s to their original state from months ago I plan on unplugging all of the HD s during the restore process except the c drive and the backup drive containing the image However I do not want to lose any newer files on the backup drive containing the System Image Will I be able to restore my c drive using quot System Image Recovery quot without losing any new files data on my backup drive containing the recovery image

A:System Image Recovery - Does it recover just the system volume or all volumes in the system?

It will only restore the drive that the image was taken from.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309309/system-image-recovery-does-it-recover-just-the-system-volume-or-all-volumes-in-the-system/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am trying to set up my Zbook G It is a refurbished model with set up warranty til I just got it amp it was upgraded to win There was no recovery partition on the hardrive nbsp I upgraded to the win aniversary edition amp have been updating software drivers as per HP support suggestions nbsp It was recommended to create a system recovery thru a HP support message which I attempted to do but there was an error amp it failed which led to a empty recovery partition being made on the harddrive nbsp Here is the summary amp details I am trying to delete this empty recovery partition but right clicking in disk management is not giving me anything Can someone please advise a solution nbsp Tried to create System Recovery as suggested by HP support Launch recovery media creation tool amp it attempted to make a recovery disc amp partitioned the hard drive The recovery failed error AstorA sys System Thread Exception not handled amp a empty recovery partition was made I am trying to delete this partition amp gain back the MB space nbsp This entry was made in Recovery Partition System Er... Empty Delete to Recovery How HP PBR Diskpart Notepad same day nbsp rem ResetPartitions-BIOS txt convert mbrrem System partition create partition primary size format quick fs How to Delete Empty Recovery Partition HP System Recovery Er... ntfs label System assign letter S activerem Windows partition rem a Create the Windows partition create partition primaryrem b Create space for the recovery tools partition shrink minimum rem c Prepare the Windows partition format quick fs ntfs label Windows assign letter W rem Windows RE tools partition create partition primaryformat quick fs ntfs label Windows RE tools assign letter T set id x list volumeexit nbsp nbsp Thank You in advance for your help nbsp I checked file explorer amp the partition does not show It's an unnamed partition with no letter assigned so I am not sure if the laptop came with this empty partition amp I never noticed it I 'm not sure if I checked disk management before but I thought I had Its been a bit hectic amp confusing as I updated computers so the various details are sort of merging nbsp Anyway even if the created recovery error did not make the partition I can't find a date t was made I still would like to remove it as its empty I have a GB HDD but still I don t like a almost GB partition just doing nothing nbsp Any advise is appreciated nbsp UpdateThis thread in MS addresses it IT's a hidden unnamed recovery partition so it may hae been just made from the create recovery error or it was always there amp I never noticed it nbsp https social technet microsoft com Forums en-US f b ac-b - e - a-f d e cant-delete-e nbsp There is a way to assign a letter to the drive amp unhide it described in bottom of the previous threadso disk manage can delete it nbsp nbsp Still would like to remove it if its not How to Delete Empty Recovery Partition HP System Recovery Er... needed It is empty but there have been some who have reported after removal that the system did not function so I am trying to be careful nbsp I thought maybe the error created this partition but maybe it was always there amp I am obsessing for nothing Just trying to keep my system clean nbsp Thanks for taking the time to help me address this concern nbsp Diskpart lists this nbsp Partition Primary GB offset KBPartition Recovery MB Offset GB nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-Delete-Empty-Recovery-Partition-HP-System-Recovery/td-p/5720269
Relevancy 45.58%

My Laptop came preloaded with Windows 7 Home Premium and I would like to create system recovery disks. I have a drive labeled RECOVERY (D. How do I create recovery disks from this drive?

A:Need to create system recovery disks from RECOVERY (D:) drive

We know nothing about your laptop, so it's hard to say. Who made it?? What model?

You probably have to access some program, either from a choice in your list of programs or through a particular keystroke during the boot process. Look in your list of available programs for something related to recovery or consult your manual.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/221832-need-create-system-recovery-disks-recovery-d-drive.html
Relevancy 45.58%

The GB Samsung Hard Drive on my HP Pavilion a f PC running on Windows Vista Home Premium -bit crashed I bought and installed a new GB Western Digital Caviar Blue model WD AAKS hard drive on the PC I ordered recovery disks from HP using Recovery System Supplied Recovery Fails with hp Disks the computer s serial number and confirmed that the Build ID on the recovery CDs and the sticker on my computer match However when I attempt to recover the system Windows System Recovery Fails with hp Supplied Recovery Disks loads the recovery files and then I get System Recovery Fails with hp Supplied Recovery Disks the error quot This PC is not supported by the system recovery discs You will not be able to recover this system with these discs quot I have tried sets of recovery discs from hp and get the same error I have attempted to use the Cyberlink Recovery Disk Utility from hp http h www hp com ewfrf wc softwareDownloadIndex softwareitem pv- - amp cc us amp lc en amp dlc en but it fails This Utility only supports Windows per the hp page I would appreciate any help on how to move forward I am new to this site so if I broke any rules please feel free to correct me Thanks NYATI

A:System Recovery Fails with hp Supplied Recovery Disks

How much did you pay for your recovery discs and is it refundable? If you the recovery disc costs more then $100, you would be better off purchasing a copy of Windows 7 which is far more stable and a less of a memory hog.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434708/system-recovery-fails-with-hp-supplied-recovery-disks/
Relevancy 45.58%

My two-year old Satellite C -A- X suffered a major hard drive crash a few weeks ago My data has been backed up but I've been unable to repair my PC and as I hadn't created any recovery media I bought a system recovery USB C75-A-14X: failed - Satellite error; recovery recovery USB System stick from Toshiba I received the USB stick today and attempted to restore my laptop to its Satellite C75-A-14X: System recovery USB - error; recovery failed factory default settings I left my laptop to perform the recovery for about an hour or so When I Satellite C75-A-14X: System recovery USB - error; recovery failed returned the screen said that there was an error I didn't make a note of the error code and the recovery had failed Now when I restart my laptop I get a blue screen with the following text quot Recovery Your PC needs to be repaired A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed Error code xc f You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media If you don't have any installation media like a disc or USB device contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer Press Enter to try again Press F for Startup Settings Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings quot When I press Enter or F my laptop remains on the blue screen with the above text Pressing Esc is the only option at this screen that works How can I re-attempt restoring factory settings from the recovery USB stick

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93068-Satellite-C75-A-14X-System-recovery-USB-error-recovery-failed
Relevancy 45.58%

Tag on bottom of laptop states Windows Home Prem OALast system installed and running successfully prior to being fixed by others was Windows Professional x build nbsp You must restart That is last message I get after Recovery Using HP DV5-2130us Fails DVDs Recovery System what appears to be a good install using the recovery DVDs nbsp I have tried installs using only the recovery discs and with those plus the Application and Driver Recovery disc nbsp nbsp Preceding that are notices received to restart the computer but I have no way to do that since pointing device non-existant nbsp I have attempted to turn off computer and turn it back on but after th installation attempt when I try DV5-2130us Recovery Fails Using HP System Recovery DVDs power button I get flashings lights on the power and WiFi keys which leaves me no DV5-2130us Recovery Fails Using HP System Recovery DVDs way to trun off computer but to unplug power cable and remove battery nbsp Is clean install from DVD of Windows or possible nbsp I have valid prod for Windows Solved View Solution

A:DV5-2130us Recovery Fails Using HP System Recovery DVDs

Hi @John_Bandera,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with revocery Windows 8. I will be glad to help you. Yes, you can do a recovery to Windows 8. Here are some microsoft links to help.Create installation media for Windows 8.1Create a USB recovery drive Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/DV5-2130us-Recovery-Fails-Using-HP-System-Recovery-DVDs/td-p/5603762
Relevancy 45.58%

The hard drive on my Inspiron 3521 laptop recently failed and I had to replace it.  I ordered the recovery USB from Dell.  I was able to restore Windows, but it will not activate.  This is preventing me from upgrading to Win10.  I get the following error message on the windows activation screen:
Error code: 0xC004C003
Activation server has determined that the specified product key has been blocked.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

A:Windows 8.1 won't activate after system recovery with Dell Recovery USB

Try to Clean Reinstall Windows 8.1, see here:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-microsoft-windows-and-office/download-microsoft-windows/download-windows-8-1-retail-and-oem-iso/
Let me know if it activates from a direct Clean Reinstall.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19647768
Relevancy 45.58%

Dear experts, Please help me on this as I have been seaching for a solution for about 4 hours now... Somehow my recovery partition is damaged, so I use the recovery disc which I created when I bought the computer.  I used the disc to start the computer, and after loading files and everything, in the Recovery Manager menu the "System Recovery" is greyed out.  Note that I haven't changed any hardware on the computer. Please help! Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/System-Recovery-option-greyed-out-when-using-recovery-disc/td-p/5629950
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi All,When I turn on my laptop, I've a message with error code 0xc0000034 file:\BCD advising to use recovery tools.I've downloaded Windows image and created recovery usb. However when I turn the laptop on and press F buttons to get to options so I could perform recovery, nothing happens. I have one blue screen with error code and when I press escape it takes me to a black screen to start up menu with options to use F buttons but when I press any F button, nothing happens.Could someone please help me?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Unable-to-perform-system-recovery-using-recovery-media/td-p/5643603
Relevancy 45.58%

I have 5 discs from a HP system recovery backup, how to recover my pictures and music onlyThanks

A:Recovery photo files from an hp system recovery backup

apsyandme Instructions for recovering the files are in this thread: HP PCs - Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 8.1) | HP® Customer ...Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Recovery-photo-files-from-an-hp-system-recovery-backup/td-p/5725066
Relevancy 45.15%

I get a message that Windows failed.
Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

It instructs me to insert the windows installation disc, restart, and run "repair your computer".  However, I did not receive an installation disc, only a utilities disk (which does not boot)
What do I do now?

A:Inspiron M5030 recovery boot issue. Recovery disk does full restore and starts Win7, which operates fine. But on restart, windows will not boot.

1. Reseat the hard disk drives, reseat the controller and monitor. 2. Perform chkdsk /r on the RAID volume. 3. Run diagnostics on the hard disk drives and controller and replace as necessary.
Additional Information:
Event ID 1001 is logged in the System event log. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 12.08.2013 11:23:04 Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: server.domain.com Description: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000f4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa800644ab30, 0xfffffa800644ae10, 0xfffff80001be07b0). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 031214-68266-01 Review of the memory dump files using Debugging Tools for Windows will result in output similar to the following.BugCheck 7A, {fffff6fc40040128, ffffffffc000000e, 6454cbe0, fffff88008025000} Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+36c1a ) Debugging Details: ------------------ ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified. DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardwareBugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8006332b30, fffffa8006332e10, fffff80001b8e7b0} ----- ETW minidump data unavailable----- Probably caused by : csrss.exe CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
Look below for more details
Source : www.dell.com/.../EN

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683062
Relevancy 44.72%

After HP hard drive failure, HP sent and I installed/activated the replacement hard disk, up to a Factory Install (Win 7, 64-bit).  But my efforts to restore to my System Image backup are blocked.  I managed to reach the Windows System Recovery Options panel, from where I select System Image Recovery, which successfully detects the external System Image that I previously backed up, but when I select Next to continue with the recovery, I am blocked by a message indicating that the System Image Recovery requires reformatting the disk where the Recovery Environment is running -- restart.  But neither restarting, nor HP Recovery, nor Windows Recovery, nor booting from the HP-created Windows Repair disc, nor booting from the HP-provided System Recovery discs allow me to restore from my System Image backup.   In desperation, I then formatted the C: drive, but a reboot simply re-installed the Factory image from drive D: (HP Recovery drive).

A:HP Recovery seems to block my Recovery from System Image

Hi @20pcAdmin, Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having some trouble restoring from the back you made of your data. I am happy to assist with this. Does the hard drive you are restoring to have enough free space to restore the entire back up?Are you restoring to an empty folder? Also review the following, but I am sure you are following it properly. HP PCs - Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 7)  If not try to follow the process and see if there is any change. Otherwise you may need to contact phone support. Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-seems-to-block-my-Recovery-from-System-Image/td-p/5593840
Relevancy 43%

I performed a system recovery some months ago I was under the impression I would be able to read my MSWord files after the recovery I found I have a D Recovery partition with all the old files listed but they are unreadable Can anyone suggest a way to recover the MSWord documents My system stats are XP Recovery System after Recovery File as follows OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name JB System Manufacturer GATEWA System Model GT E System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz Processor x Family File Recovery after XP System Recovery Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date Intel Corp MQ J A File Recovery after XP System Recovery SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name JB Owner Time Zone Eastern Standard Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys I appreciate your time and efforts File Recovery after XP System Recovery to help me solve this problem rainyman

A:File Recovery after XP System Recovery

what kind of error message do you get when you try to open them?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/file-recovery-after-xp-system-recovery-206031.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello new to the fourms here i hope to be a contrubuiting member Anyways onto my dilema I had recently purchased a new Emachines C for a client of mine however the machine only comes with XP Home on it the machine is recovery system recovery using partition being used for card access so I needed to install XP professional onto it Well I went out purchased the upgrade and well being the man that i am I completly disreguarded the little set of instructions that said quot please insert the upgrade disk After the computer has started up quot Soo what I did was I inserted the disk before it started up went into the windows installiation screen and installed it onto the main partition there were two partitions by the way one of them one i left alone was a partition housing the recovery-cd information see emachines does not give you a copy of the recovery cd's instead you need to make your own with a program emachine's provides system recovery using recovery partition with the system please note that i did not reformat the partition completly so i didn't reformat it to ntfs i left it as so and just overwritten the OS files now when i system recovery using recovery partition boot the computer it says quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt lt Windows Root gt system hal dll please re-install a copy of the above file quot so im basicly screwed I have a copy of ERD Commander like a system utilities bootable enviroment and theres a nifty program on it to assist in restoring the system back to a previous wipe it specificaly says quot incase of an accidently reformatt quot but im not sure what to do with the files it finds some are orphaned and whatnot just clueless here Anyways emachines is shipping me a set of recovery cds which should be here in - days which isn't good for me because without this pc the building is well defenceless in terms of door security So heres what I was thinking what if i install a copy of windows home or professional i have a few copies laying around but the product keys has been registered so the purpose of me doing this would just be so i can have some sort of OS to do the following since the recovery partition is still intact Does anyone here know of a way that I can somehow access the files on this partition to make the restore cd's the phone-tech person said that i can not do this they are bootable files iso's but that doesn't mean that Someone outthere might know something any help is GREATLY appreciated thank you

A:system recovery using recovery partition

see if there is something among this lot to acheive what you want
http://www.google.com/search?num=50&...tition&spell=1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-recovery-using-recovery-partition-76388.html
Relevancy 43%

1)i open the system recovery and i create one also i go to settings and  i put maximum use 3%(7gb)
but every time i reboot or next day i cant find my system recovery,its deleted.......

2)i cant create a dvd for repair system,i click on create disk repair and next,and says that there are some missing files........

A:system recovery deleted every time + cant create system repair disk

1.  You're actually talking about two separate things here.  Item #1 is "restore points", not system recovery.  This restores your system back to point "X" in time.
2.  The second item is "system recovery", with recovers the system to factory specs.
The system recovery, which is usually a partition on your computer.  If this partition is damaged, removed, or files are corrupted, you have only two basic choices:
1.  Order recovery DVDs from the manufacturer; or
2.  Purchase a boxed copy of the OS, and download the drivers from the manufacturer's website.
Have a great day!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543212/system-recovery-deleted-every-time-cant-create-system-repair-disk/
Relevancy 43%

Had problems with virus couldnt update Virus or Malware Protection I did full shred System Recovery from partition HP- A N -Windows Media Edition- Version Service Pack Dowloaded AVG Virus and ran scan all OK Went to MS Dowload center and downloaded and installed updates to include IE started computer all OK Then updater said needed to download SVC Start System MS, Wont Updates Recovery-Dowloaded System 87 Did Solved: From Pack - took a loooooooooooooong time THEN COMPUTER WOULDNT START- tried the two options it gave me but no go back to same black screen with Solved: Did System Recovery-Dowloaded 87 Updates From MS, System Wont Start boot options-- regualar- last working point- safe mode etc no go At this point I did a full System Recovery again and downloaded virus protection again I noticed some of the updates are for IE and later your install IE and it seems Solved: Did System Recovery-Dowloaded 87 Updates From MS, System Wont Start one of the updates was for Sc Pack Wondering about these updates now dont want to go back and have to do this all over again I have all my important files on a seperate portable backup drive Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Jerry nbsp

A:Solved: Did System Recovery-Dowloaded 87 Updates From MS, System Wont Start

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-did-system-recovery-dowloaded-87-updates-from-ms-system-wont-start.920071/
Relevancy 43%

I got another call from my Dad today. After cleaning his computer completely last month with help from BleepingComputer.com there is another problem so I went to check it out. I can't believe it.

Now on startup a fake system scan runs with many warning of I/O errors and critical hard drive problems. It tries to take you to file-recovery-system.com to buy something. Obviously it is a virus/hijack. I searched on the web for fixes and was able to use RKill.exe to at least stop the process and the warnings. I tried to install MBAM but the install failed twice, I get a permission denied warning. I tried to install after restarting in safe mode, but had the same access denied at the end of the install.

Computer is Windows 7. I am posting from my clean computer since the browser redirects on his computer make it almost impossible.

A:file-recovery-system.com takeover, critical system error warnings

Boot into safemode with networkingDownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469527/file-recovery-systemcom-takeover-critical-system-error-warnings/
Relevancy 43%

Please can anyone help?
In task manager I accidently closed an explorer process, the laptop then crashed. So I closed it down, then it now is unable to find the operating system. Can anyone offer any advice on how to help it find the files it needs to boot?

Can this be done by using the command prompt? Start up repair ran for over 24 hours with no success.

Thanks!!

A:Operating system can't be found computer loading with system recovery options

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Do you have your Windows Vista CD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/operating-system-cant-be-found-computer-loading-with-system-recovery-options-680377.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi TechSpot When I boot up my base system - HELP! System Recovery from Console Missing Config\System Restore and proceed after completing the POST I receive Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt C WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM You can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup CD-Rom Select quot r quot at the first screen to start repair Click to expand A great solution by the way is here So I proceed to rebooting and loading up my Windows XP Professional w o SP disc and loading the Recovery Console However when I come to select the Windows installation after I type and hit enter lots of times nothing happens it s like my system locks up So I Config\System Missing - System Restore from Recovery Console HELP! thought I d try a complete fresh install from the disc but when the installer gets to the quot Searching for previous versions of Microsoft Windows quot it just stops here and locks up once again Now I begin to think that means my Western Digitial Caviar GB SATA hard disk has failed since this all started from a hard shutdown the system was instructed to shutdown through Windows but was taking longer than usual so I used the case power button to shutdown at the same time corrupted files next day I receive the quoted error message Now I have messed about with ideas but seem to get stuck when it comes to writing or deleting things from the hard disk What I ve done - Attached an old Maxtor IDE hard disk to my base system which BSOD s when I try to load XP from it when I load the XP install disc with this hard disk and my SATA hard disk connected I can LOGIN prompted for administrator password when selecting Windows installation at Recovery Console to the IDE HDD then if I type D Click to expand which is the SATA drive letter I can READ files by using the DIR command BUT with the solution to the error I receive when trying to load Windows I cannot use the CD Change Directory command which is needed for the fix When I try to use it I get an Access is Denied message However when I come to selecting a Windows installation I can select the first and hit my ENTER key numerous times to be prompted for a administrator password which I then hit ENTER again and then I am finally at the C WINDOWS prompt C being the IDE HDD not the SATA Once I looked around I typed HELP where I found the LOGON command which lets me access read write other other partitions hdd s but when I choose the SATA HDD it just freezes this is why I think its failed Microsoft Windows XP TM Recovery Console The Recovery Console provides system repair and recovery functionality Type EXIT to quit the Recovery Console and restart the computer C WINDOWS Maxtor IDE HDD - gt GOOD D WINDOWS WDC GB SATA HDD - gt CORRUPT FAILED Which Windows installation would you like to log onto lt To cancel press ENTER gt Click to expand So I am pretty much lost and have ran out of ideas this is my last resort because I d rather go and buy a new Seagate disk tomorrow than get this disk RMA d over the course of months does anyone have any ideas on how I can access the SATA disk in Recovery Console or any sort of console so that I can format it I thought that formatting through the Recovery Console would make the Windows installation reformat not hang on the Searching for previous versions of Microsoft Windows ALSO I can read from the disk so does that mean I can copy important files onto my external usb hard disk ANY HELP I would appreciate very much Thanks in advance - Chris dead nbsp

A:Config\System Missing - System Restore from Recovery Console HELP!

Repair isn't Recovery and vice-versa.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How-to-repair-Windows-XP-t138.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/config-system-missing-system-restore-from-recovery-console-help.77051/
Relevancy 43%

Hello everybody.

First things first: I Replaced my HP HD, but they (BestBuy Team) did not clone my HD, and I even know that I have to do that.

Now I want to do a full System Recovery (Factory Reset) and gives error.

Apparently is missing the System, or something else. I tried many things without success.

I am truly desperate to do a system recovery and replace what is missing, since I want to start from 0.

I am currently downloading a "Windows 7 x64 .iso" and try with this, but can you guys help to solve this problem.

I currently have this partition:

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386871-replaced-hd-forgot-clone-my-whole-system-recovery-system-fails.html
Relevancy 43%

Gateway 830GM desktop running Windows XP. There is a FAT32 partition bearing the label "Recovery".

Windows will not run.

I have tried pressing the following keys on boot:
F8
R
F11
Ctrl+F11

Nothing works and there are no recovery CDs.

Relevancy 43%

nbsp Is it still system system I have 7 still create to updated to it and recovery possible Win win to if Is original finally from 8.1 Win a 10 possible to create a system recovery nbsp if I have updated system nbsp from original Win to Win and finally to win If a factory recovery is possible does it reset to win or does it go back to original windows setup that came nbsp from the factory as win As a separate issue after updating system to win I had a problem one day in that windows would not come up At that time I thought I nbsp would do a system recovery but instead apparently I did a full recovery Fortunately after I originally updated to win I did run nbsp a nbsp system back up nbsp on win that I still have stored on a separate hard Is it still possible to create a system recovery if I have updated system from original Win 7 to Win 8.1 and finally to win 10 drive As it stands I have win running but without any of my nbsp previously installed programs My question is this is still possible to recover win that I have backed up on a separate hard drive that would include all my programs etc I hope Is it still possible to create a system recovery if I have updated system from original Win 7 to Win 8.1 and finally to win 10 I have not confused everybody with my explanation I am only a novice at computers but have found out that I learn a great deal when trying to get out of a jam such as this Any help is appreciated AL

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19679877
Relevancy 43%

Yesterday I tried to do a system restore to fix a Flash Player problem but I did Disk Space Usage and System Recovery System Restore not have restore points going back as far I wanted I only had Scheduled system restore point going back to March rd and restores points done by Revo and various Flash Player install unsintall restore System Restore Disk Space Usage and System Recovery point created while System Restore Disk Space Usage and System Recovery trying to fix said problem I thought those restore points might have System Restore Disk Space Usage and System Recovery deleted older scheduled ones but my maximum space hasn't been reached yet and I did not turn off system restore From what I read online I have a crazy amount of space allocated to shadow storage so I was curious as to why I did not have more system points to choose from Any ideas Is there anything that can delete restore point besides turn system restore off Used GB Allocated GB Maximum GB Also when I went to select the disk to restore it said Partition C system Ready to restore Partition C The disk cannot be found I have two disks Partition C and Recovery D which is the factory restore stuff and is locked so I don t create points for this one The Partition C Missing shows in the available disks in system protection Should I just uncheck it

A:System Restore Disk Space Usage and System Recovery

Hello pineapplegrunt.

Do you regularly run programs such as CCLeaner and/or Disk Cleanup? It is possible to delete restore points with these tools (and other similar ones).

I believe your problem is that System Restore points are automatically deleted, by default, after 90 days.

I believe there are ways to change this, although from the top of my head I think you have to use a third party application (to do this easily). However, it is not really recommended to keep such long system restore points, if you want an image of your drive going that far back, you probably should look into creating a backup image or something and not relying on system restore.

Can I ask what your flash player problem is, have you been able to fix that?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-restore-disk-space-usage-and-system-recovery-691630.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Applies to Home Basic Home Premuim It seems many in the Forum repair/create Without DVD Vista a Installation those a disk Vista to How Recovery for are having an issue with corruption either of the User account and or Windows that may be a result of How to repair/create a Vista Recovery disk for those Without a Vista Installation DVD Malware and or User error and suddenly find themselves without the means to fix or re-install Windows Vista If your system is up and running without issue or you plan to upgrade your hard drives in the future be proactive and create your own Vista O S Recovery Disk now For those even with a Vista DVD and or a Recovery Partition the time saved in means of Driver and Program re-installation is a fraction of what it would take you to painstakingly reinstall Windows Updates drivers Programs in the event of unrecoverable failure or error If you have a Vista Retail Upgrade OEM disk as opposed to recovery media and are having problems there is also a a way to quot repair quot Vista without losing your Data Programs Here is how Create your own Recovery Disk for free Requires DVD's and or External Hard Drive at least GB in size recommended Download and Install Paragon's free Disk imaging software drive backup This will create a Bootable Recovery Image of your entire Hardrive and Installed Partitions http www paragon-software com home db-express Set up Vista's File Backup Utility to backup weeekly Start gt Control Panel gt System and Maintenance gt Backup and Restore Center HOW IT WORKS In the event of catastrophic failure boot into Recovery image and reinstall then restore all files changed since image was created through Vista's File Backup Utility Repair for those with Retail Upgrade OEM Vista O S disks Tutorial Courtesy of Brink Repair Install For Vista For other issues there is a wealth of troubleshooting Walkthrough Tutorals here for almost every conceivable problem http www vistax com tutorials

A:How to repair/create a Vista Recovery disk for those Without a Vista Installation DVD

Thanks Rive. Good info.

Admin: This should be a sticky.

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/211003-how-repair-create-vista-recovery-disk-those-without-vista-installation-dvd.html
Relevancy 42.57%

The laptop had become sluggish after a failed attempt at installing Windows 10 (it rolled back to Win 7), so backed up all data and started a System Recovery from the disks I had made.  After the first disk completed (and before the second could be started), power was interrupted and the computer shut down.  Now when booted, I receive "Operation System not found".  What I've tried: Set BIOS boot order to CD/DVD and booted with Recovery disk #1- no help, doesn't read from CD driveRemoved battery, power adapter, and HDD, then reseated HDDRan ePSA - runs a long time, but everything reads good EXCEPT the HDD test never finishes, giving error code 2000-0145 (self test did not complete) Not sure what to try next or if there is any hope.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/System-recovery-interrupted-now-receive-quot-Operation/td-p/5630460