Windows Support Forum

Solved: ASUS motherboard BIOS AHCI settings can only boot Vista

Q: Solved: ASUS motherboard BIOS AHCI settings can only boot Vista

I have an issue with the SATA BIOS settings which have options for configure as IDE or set it to as AHCI So now I can only boot Vista when it is set to AHCI and only boot the XP when the BIOS SATA is set to configure as IDE and if not it gives a stop code error B And I did search for a ASUS P QL Pro motherboard BIOS update and I have the lattest version apparently AHCI BIOS Vista motherboard only can settings ASUS Solved: boot Also I did look in each one s Device Manager to check for driver updates such as for the serial ATA controllers So how can I boot both without changing the BIOS setting each time I dual boot with the Vista boot Solved: ASUS motherboard BIOS AHCI settings can only boot Vista manager and in my motherboard manual it does say quot Due to Intel chipset driver support regulation the AHCI mode is not supported in Windows XP environment and is only supported by Vista with OS built Solved: ASUS motherboard BIOS AHCI settings can only boot Vista in driver If I try to boot either XP or Vista without changing the SATA BIOS settings it gives stop code B nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: ASUS motherboard BIOS AHCI settings can only boot Vista

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: ASUS motherboard BIOS AHCI settings can only boot Vista

Fixed by changing the BIOS SATA configuration settings from that AHCI to IDE, enhanced. And then reinstalled Vista so that both XP and Vista use that same BIOS setting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-motherboard-bios-ahci-settings-can-only-boot-vista.824113/
Relevancy 110.08%

Did anybody reading this find where to change AHCI to RAID in the BIOS of a Asus p8z77 v pro motherboard?

A:Solved: AHCI to RAID in the BIOS of an Asus p8z77 v pro motherboard.

Assuming that board supports RAID, it should be in the SATA controller options.
EDIT: User Manual, page 4-23

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ahci-to-raid-in-the-bios-of-an-asus-p8z77-v-pro-motherboard.1142396/
Relevancy 94.6%

Greetings all I have searched up and down the forums for an answer to this and my issue is slightly more specific than most This is a rundown of my setup OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor RAM MB Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GX MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M N PRO XX MS C B CD DVD Sony DVD-RW - Failure Not Functioning at the Moment I think that s USB ASUS Solved: Motherboard BIOS - Boot all that is currently relevant to the issue I purchased Windows Ultimate from NewEgg Solved: ASUS Motherboard BIOS - USB Boot Received my discs awesome - used the Windows USB DVD Tool to install Solved: ASUS Motherboard BIOS - USB Boot windows onto an external drive of mine which is plugged in via USB Reason for this is my DVD drive as listed above is not currently functioning so I wanted to install via USB Well of course I run SETUP upon powering on my pc and there are no options under boot priority related to USB at all My options are still Hard Disk Solved: ASUS Motherboard BIOS - USB Boot CD Drive Removable Devices I know the computer is recognizing the drive because when I move to the hard-disk portion of the BIOS it shows the drive listed Granted I am not a computer wiz I do know a lot and am well rounded in almost all aspects but this I am not Am I missing something When the computer recognizes the drive that I have plugged into via USB that to me says the port and USB are functioning correctly The drive fully works when in Windows I guess my question is ASUS Updater is telling me my BIOS are up to date I have been told that this motherboard has the capability to boot from USB local computer store tech guy looked it up for me What am I missing Was he incorrect in saying that my motherboard can support booting from USB I apologize for the novel just wanted to make sure I had all the details in there to make it easier nbsp

Relevancy 89.44%

Good day,

I was wondering what's the best setting/s for my bios using this board asus m3n78-vm, had it for a year and
only now that i'm asking.

i'm interested about the ecc setting also, everything's set to default, except sata mode to ahci

everything's working fine btw.

i have winxp pro, 4 gig memory, gts 250 palit video card, creative audigy 2 value sound card.
several sata drives.and samsung burner.

A:asus motherboard m3n78-vm proper bios settings

Usually the bios has two sets of defaults. One if failsafe and one is performance. I choose the performance one, but your best bet to find the best is by trial and error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard-m3n78-vm-proper-bios-settings.962677/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello all here is my problem Motherboard Settings boot A7N8X-X..wont Asus the for I am doing a MB swap with an ASUS A N X-X I installed an Athlon xp and mb of pc PNY memory I set the bios to recognize the Athlon and it does so nicely but when the boot routine gets to the loading of the OS windows XP Pro it freezes and reboots the entire system I tried to do a clean install but during set up it also freezes and gives me a blue screen which so far has produced different errors IRQL Motherboard Settings for the Asus A7N8X-X..wont boot NOT LESS OR EQUAL and BAD POOL HEADER which i sorta understand has something to do with irq or dma conflicts no anyway i took everything out of the computer except the HD the memory and the video card in an attempt to lessen the number of irq s the computer would use on boot up same thing then i tried disabling everything on the board in the bios usb serial ports parallel port audio lan still exact same thing is it a bad board has anyone else had this problem im at my wits end any advice would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Motherboard Settings for the Asus A7N8X-X..wont boot

Ive been having the same problem with the a7n8x just got it for christmas with a 2700+ ive troubleshooted to back and hell and done the same thing run a bare systems...only thing i hanve done is the fresh install which is what i was palnning on doing.....for me when the windows scren is going to load it does a quick blue screen and restarts...im at MY wits end also....could it be a compatibility with the mobo and hd or one of the other components? let me know so i can return this mobo and gt something else

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-settings-for-the-asus-a7n8x-x-wont-boot.18496/
Relevancy 81.27%

I have just updated Win7 to Win10. I have 3 HDDs 2 have XP one has theWin10. I am unable to boot to either of the drives with Xp on them.Win 10 seems to ignore the boot order in the bios. It keeps booting to Win10 only. My Mobo is Asus P5QL-E.Any ideas as to what I can do?message edited by Anteron

A:Windows 10 is overriding Asus BIOS dual boot order settings

Well, first step would be to make sure Win 10's fast boot's disabled. How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/windows-10-is-overriding-asus-bios-dual-boot-order-settings/97.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi guys - I am trying to figure out if my ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard will allow me to use AHCI drivers in my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 OS...

I cannot, for the love of God... find where in the BIOS might there be an option to enable AHCI on this board - I have looked everywhere and did not see such an option to exist; (however, I already have it enabled in my OS, but it won't kick in until I enable it on the mobo as well).

Or, could it be that W7 is already using AHCI but isn't telling me anywhere? How can I check to see if it is using it, or not?

Oh, by the way, this mobo's chipset is nVidia nForce4, and it does not have certified W7 drivers... so maybe I am just out of luck.

Anyone experienced with this particular motherboard, please help me out. Thanks in advance!

A:ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard and enabling AHCI

Hi

I don't know this specific MB but on other ASUS cards there is an option to config the SATA devices, options being either IDE, RAID or AHCI. If you see IDE and RAID and no AHCI, then your MB won't support it.

Regards
UKMedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/183970-asus-a8n-sli-deluxe-motherboard-enabling-ahci.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Win - Home Premium SP mobo Gigabyte EX -UD R latest possible Firmware hard drives physical GB WD AAKS for C and D physical TB WD split into two partitions physical GB WD drive G for storage physical GB WD AAKS drive K for steam games physical TB WD green in an external dock Thermaltake BlacX soon Crucial M GB SSD I have a new GB SSD on order and I've two switching Problems drives to my AHCI; settings BIOS when of vanish been reading that I need to enable AHCI in the BIOS to get the most out of it - if not to get it to work at all my buddy said his wouldn't work until AHCI was enabled So I did the registry edit MS published that lets you enable AHCI on an existing windows installation Then I go to the BIOS and changed two settings to AHCI Here are the screens of my BIOS and what I see imgur the simple image sharer One entry is quot ICH SATA control mode quot and the other is quot Onboard SATA IDE control mode quot Both have options to change to AHCI I have no idea why there are two different ones or what either means I changed both I rebooted and the PC goes through an AHCI search function Problems when switching BIOS settings to AHCI; two of my drives vanish during the boot It gets to windows and windows goes through a lengthy process of installing drivers which seemed to be successful but the problem is that when I now go into Device Mgr I get errors on two of my ATA channels under quot IDE ATA ATAPI controllers quot -- I get Problems when switching BIOS settings to AHCI; two of my drives vanish exclamation points by two of the ATA channels And sure enough two of my physical drives have vanished from Windows Explorer -- always physical drives and drives G and K When I get the SSD is it best just to install Windows clean I'd prefer to clone my existing C to it but if I install clean - should that resolve the AHCI issue Or is there something I can do now to resolve it or should I just forget about AHCI and go back to IDE in the BIOS Thanks a bunch for reading this and for any help

A:Problems when switching BIOS settings to AHCI; two of my drives vanish

Are all of your drives SATA drives?

What happens if you change the "Onboard SATA/IDE Control Mode" only?
What happens is you change the "ICH SATA Control Mode" only?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/332024-problems-when-switching-bios-settings-ahci-two-my-drives-vanish.html
Relevancy 75.25%

My computer is a (Canadian) HP G60 laptop with a Phoenix BIOS, and after I changed the BIOS boot order in the settings menu (to, unsuccessfully, boor Clonezilla from a flash drive), the BIOS starts, but Vista doesn't load. I only see a blank (black) screen after the BIOS menu.

I forgot what I specifically did, but could anyone tell me what I did wrong and how to recover the computer?

A:Vista won't boot after changing BIOS settings

Put the hd back at the top of the boot device order.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458972/vista-wont-boot-after-changing-bios-settings/
Relevancy 74.82%

I errantly switched the BIOS setting from Raid-AHCI to IEDI while attempting to allow my system to recognize a newly installed SSD nbsp The plan was to clone my HDD to the SSD as the boot Won't BIOS to from and No Boot Acc... RAID-AHCI IDE BIOS Change drive but it wasn't seen in windows nbsp Initially was able to see it in the BIOS settings nbsp Long story short I switched from Raid-AHCI to IEDI and have not been able to boot the PC BIOS Change from RAID-AHCI to IDE Won't Boot and No BIOS Acc... since nbsp On boot the pc turns on and the fans for the power supply and NVIDIA cards spin but there is nothing visual taking place on the monitor It's BIOS Change from RAID-AHCI to IDE Won't Boot and No BIOS Acc... as if the devices are getting power but the motherboard doesn't know they are there nbsp Tried clearing the CMOS unplugged took out CMOS battery held reset button and that didn't seem to make a difference nbsp There is supposed to be a recovery jumper on the MB E but the pins seem to be missing on my motherboard so that's not an option nbsp I'm pretty sure that BIOS Change from RAID-AHCI to IDE Won't Boot and No BIOS Acc... if I can get the MB back to Raid-AHCI mode it should respond for me again nbsp Unfortunately without access to the BIOS on boot I have no idea how to do that nbsp Any and all suggestions are welcome nbsp Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/BIOS-Change-from-RAID-AHCI-to-IDE-Won-t-Boot-and-No-BIOS/td-p/5566239
Relevancy 74.39%

HI, I'm attamepting to do the usual duel boot on a Dell XPS 720 which I have noticed a few people have had problems with, and the answer seems to be the same everywhere I look:

Go into the bios and check the "Sata Operation" setting, change it to "Raid Autodetect/ATA whihc is in the drives section

However when I go into my Bios I seem to have a differnet setup!

When I go inot my drive section, I do not have an option for sata operation!

Instead it says SATA 0 - SATA 7 with options for OFF, ON or RAID ON
there is no option to autodetect anything.

Any ideas?

Damo

A:Xp, Vista duel boot on Dell with different Bios settings

attempt dual boot..just install vista or xp...

then once one is installed..use DISKPART..here is a link to dual boot really easy!!

try installing vista first for this tutorial!!

Enjoy

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/...stalled-first/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-vista-duel-boot-on-dell-with-different-bios-settings-273937.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Dear I just installing Win Ultimate -bit for the first time in my Asus A LC First problem is Error Windows cannot be installed to Disk Partition Show details Details Windows cannot be installed to this disk The selected disk has an MBR partition table On EFI systems Windows can only be installed to GTP disks Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS Based on this Windows cannot be installed to Disk Partition I delete both of the partition and continue installation without having problem But when installation finished then laptop restarted it can't booting to windows So i check bios and see that first booting is in my hard drive I try to restart again but still can't booting to windows In some forums it tells to check HDD Option and if it AHCI change it to IDE When in Asus bios it can see in SATA mode selection but i just find AHCI no other option How can i change the type of SATA from AHCI to IDE What should i do there is something that i could fix besides HDD setting

A:No Boot Option, Just AHCI (Asus A450LC)

Disable EFI in the bios.

You can do it in Boot Options/Boot Order

There`s no need to change it from AHCI

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/343791-no-boot-option-just-ahci-asus-a450lc.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Some time ago I upgraded my Win hard drive to an SSD drive Despite following all of the guides I don't beleive the AHCI IDE settings for my drives was ever correct this often lead to the drives not being recognised possibly on or boot settings related AHCI due to BSOD during the boot sequence and the message insert a boot disk Often a reset would lead to the drives being recognised and the boot processing normally Recently possibly linked to the latest windows update from approx weeks ago whenever I boot now as soon as the drive moves to the windows logo a BSOD appears and the machine reboots This happens everytime The only way to get around this is to hit F during the boot sequence which brings up the list of drives and I can select the SSD drive to boot from It then boots as normal However upon reboot it goes back to BSOD on boot possibly due to AHCI or related settings BSOD every time I would like to resolve the BSOD issue but hopefully resolve the underlying AHCI issue if this is related I am thinking of upgrading to windows at some point but figure it is best to resolve this beforehand BSOD on boot possibly due to AHCI or related settings I have attached the diagnostics tool zip Any assistance would be greatly appreciated In case the files do not indicate it I have a Samsung GB SSD and x TB WD Green Caviar drives Thanks in advance

A:BSOD on boot possibly due to AHCI or related settings

Post screenshot of disk management with all fields visible.
In bios you can set which disk to boot from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/279856-bsod-boot-possibly-due-ahci-related-settings.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Recently I upgraded to an ASUS A7V MB with an Athlon 850 chip. I selected "Jumper free" settings, and recently on bootup I have been getting a message sending me to the BIOS saying that my CPU Frequency settings are wrong. It has been set to "USer Define," CPU frequency 100 (It gives the option of setting it as high as 133, but I leave it at 100), and DRAM Freqency 133 (I have 256 MB of PC133).
The motherboard tech people only (wearily) say that this board "often does that." But it does it about every 3d or 4th boot.
I don't understand the multipliers, etc. Should the settings be changed? (I would have to change a jumper to "Jumper mode" to make any further changes.)
Thanks.

Relevancy 70.09%

First heres the specs of my brother s system Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce MX Won't Dead Motherboard? Get BIOS, Boot, Solved: Into Can't Mb Harddrive WD gb Caviar Blue Motherboard MSI MS- Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled His computer has been acting up recently and I thought that it was the Solved: Won't Boot, Can't Get Into BIOS, Dead Motherboard? harddrive so I replaced it with a brand new WD gb Caviar Blue His computer has been absolutely fine since I put in the new harddrive but just today all of a sudden his system slowed to a crawl I tried defragging but then it started to randomly reboot Now it won t go into windows at all will not go past POST and I cannot get into the BIOS What could be the problem Edit Rarely I can get into the BIOS sometimes it will even attempt to go into windows but then BSOD for a millisecond where I can t even read it and reboot I have tried booting into a linux cd once but Solved: Won't Boot, Can't Get Into BIOS, Dead Motherboard? it just said Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk And Press Enter Help Me Edit I forgot to say that it sounds like the harddrive keeps revving and unrevving I could post a sound file if you wanted it nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Last boot message on screen "AHCI BIOS not installed", then blank screen.

non branded
XP Home
intel LGA 775 965 motherboard
adata 512 ddr2 ram
DVD ide burner
WD ide drive

Relevancy 69.23%

see second post.

I have a 3TB drive D: for data formatted with GPT.

Had BIOS OnChip SATA Type set as "RAID" "As SATA Type" from back in the day. When I took out the RAID, I forgot to change this to AHCI when I reformatted and got rid of RAID drives!

Changing to "AHCI" "As SATA Type" as shown in image in second post, causes Windows 7 x64 to lose / not see the GPT on my drive D: and it wants to "initialize" it as MBR or GPT-- no way!!

A:cloned C:, installed AHCI drivers, changed BIOS to AHCI, D:'s GPT gone

ok, returning to BIOS and setting back to RAID, as AHCI typeenabled me to view the drive D: again
C: drive seems to be running much more slowly again.
these drives are plugged into the OnChip SATAWith AHCI as SATA typeno drive D:

With RAID as SATA typehave drive D:
but C: definitely dog-tired-slow
I really should not have fiddled with this at 3AM on a Sunday morning!!! Bah, I'm a pro, what could go wrong???

I'm not sure why changing to AHCI causes windows to miss the GPT on the D: drive.
Can I back this GPT up and restore it? Detect it after changing to AHCI? this is my only large drive, I can't back up the entire fricking thing.

The other question this makes me ask is how do I keep my GPT when I move to another motherboard? I don't trust the GPT like I do MBR hm....

edit: changing back again, it does not seem any faster. Doing more reading, it's ok to leave it as RAID because AHCI functions are still available no? So I really shouldn't gain/lose any performance?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/353119-cloned-c-installed-ahci-drivers-changed-bios-ahci-d-s-gpt-gone.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I bought a brand new SSD, installed it in Windows 7, and there is no option in my BIOS for the SATA controller (to switch between IDE and AHCI Mode). How do I determine whether my computer's sata controller is using IDE or AHCI?

I want to make sure that my AHCI controller is enabled and not IDE when using TRIM.

If anyone can look at the picture below and determine whether my computer is default in IDE or AHCI, then I will mark this as Solved.

Thanks.

A:No AHCI option in BIOS, is my computer default in AHCI or IDE?

Run this tool and see what it says,

AS SSD Benchmark 1.7.4739.38088 Download - TechSpot

It will show you what mode it's running in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335210-no-ahci-option-bios-my-computer-default-ahci-ide.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a problem with the bios on the asus m5a99x evo r2.0 motherboard. I can start the computer up fine and do everthing on it but when I go into the bios I get this on my screen (picture attached). I am on windows 8.1 pro 64 bit and have the fx8350 cpu. I'm not sure why it's doing this? Any solutions of fixing this ? Thanks for your time!

Relevancy 68.8%

Greetings,

I'm looking for a BIOs update for the P5Q Deluxe Motherboard. I've gone to their site to get some updates, but it's rather confusing to someone like me who isn't very tech with this - considering I've never updated BIOs myself before.
I hope someone can help me out! I'm running on W7 Home Premium 64-bit.

All I've managed to find are these: Asus P5Q Deluxe Motherboard BIOS Update 2301 Download
But they're quite old, so I'm not sure if these are the most recent?

Thanks in advance

A:Asus P5Q Deluxe Motherboard BIOS

I would check the asus website... And honestly unless if you hare having direct issues related to the motherboard I do not suggest updating your bios since you are not very tech savy...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/122779-asus-p5q-deluxe-motherboard-bios.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I am building a new pc, and I purchased an ASUS M4A88TD-M/USB3 MB a couple of weeks ago...I suspect that the BIOS is of around April - 2010...(302)....I will save the current BIOS to a Flash Drive, before updating current BIOS, but my question is....there are a lot of newer versions, with the latest being 901....If I download the latest version, does it encompass all the other version updates prior ? I intend to use Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit....Thanks in advance....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update-to-asus-motherboard.157616/
Relevancy 68.8%

Dear Asus P5W DH Deluxe Motherboard Users

Asus have just released BIOS 2704 Beta Version for those who are interested in downloading it. Refer to the following link:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

Warmest regards

Neil

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/142488-new-bios-asus-p5w-dh-deluxe-motherboard.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I was poking round the bios earlier and I came across two entries
in Advanced -> Chipset these are System Acceleration Mode
enabled/disabled currently disabled and also VideoMemoryMode
UC/USWC currently UC can anyone shed any light on what these do? System Accelration mode sounds kinda groovy! as always any help is appreciated.

A:Asus A7A266-E bios settings?

The system acceleration mode in your mainboard is probably an option to enable certain aggressive settings for memory timings, etc...

Try enabling it seeing if your system is still stable. I have an ASUS A7V266-E & there's an option called Performance level ( Normal / Optimal ). If I select Optimal, RAM Timings are set to CAS2, etc...

If you start having random lock ups, I suggest setting it back to default.

Is there anything mentionned in your BIOS manual about it ? I don't have an A7A266 so i'm only guessing here.

As for the VideoMemoryMode, it's common to ASUS mainboards. I'm not sure if they're the only ones to have it. Could anyone confirm if they have this option with a non ASUS mainboard ?

Here's a little explanation I found on the subject.

Video Memory Cache Mode (ASUS mainboards)

By definition, video memory is excluded from being cacheable since otherwise the large data chunks would fill up the L2 chache of the CPU immediately. When the CPU calculates 3D, that is, floating point operations, every data point needs to be written to the local frame buffer (on board graphics memory). Unfortunately, the CPU can either write or calculate, therefore each write cycle interrupts the floating point operations, in simple terms, the FPU unit can only work at half speed. Intel were the first to incorporate 8, so called, write combine buffers on the Pentium II, which was one of the reasons why the PII had a superior 3D performance compared to the original K6, at least at low resolutions. The reason is simple, instead of single bit writes, the data are temporarily stored in write combine buffers and released in burst mode. Therefore, depending on the size of the WC-buffers, FPU calculations are interrupted much less frequently, in other words, the graphics performance of the CPU is almost doubled.

Graphics data inherently feature high locality, therefore there is no problem pipelining these data. With the CXT revision of the K6-2 and the K6-III, AMD added two write combine buffers and, as we were the first to post, proper addressing of these buffers via software would boost graphics performance by as much as 30% within the identical hardware configuration. The Athlon family has four aggressively programmed 64 bit WC buffers buffers that can be placed over the local frame buffers for both data and hardware acceleration. Compared to the PII / III WC buffers, the novelty is being capable of executing out of order writes in ascending and descending order and thus taking write combining to a new level. This way the efficacy of the 3D floating point operations can almost be doubled. Available settings in the ASUS A7V BIOS are either uncached (UC) or uncached speculative write combining (USWC). Needless to say that USWC needs to be supported by both graphics adapter hardware and drivers but if it works, it is one sweet feature.

from Lost CircuitsClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7a266-e-bios-settings.1503/
Relevancy 68.8%

I can not seem to modify my cpu fsb and multiplier or memory speed in the BIOS. I have version 1011. Is there a newer update or is there a program I can use to unlock these settings?

A:asus p4s533-vm bios settings

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m not sying that this applys to your situation but on some systems the only way or changing cpu speeds etc is by altering the jumpers on the mobo.

If you check with your mobo book or via your mobo manufacturers website you should be able to find out how to do this. www.asus.com.tw

Regards Howard :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p4s533-vm-bios-settings.16520/
Relevancy 68.8%

SO with 1gig Corsair PC3700 DDR Memory in the Asus a7n8x deluxe Mobo, Athlon XP 2400 CPU, with a great thermalright 800 heatsink- I currently have:
CPU Ext Freq: 166Mhz
CPU Freq Multiplier: 13x
Memory Freq: 100%
CPU Interface: Optimal
Resulting Freq: 166Mhz
CPU VCore: 1.750V
this produces 36C/96F temp..
I am new to BIOS/overclocking but I heard that I can take advantage the awesome 1gig memory that I have. Could anyone help me tweak my system.

A:Asus a7n8x BIOS settings PLEASE!!

Take a look at this thread before doing anything else.

Explaining step-by-step how to overclock would easily take a few hours to type without even going extremely indepth of the subject.

Luckily for you, there are hundreds of overclocking resources available for you to read on the web. Do a search from google, or even take a look at TechSpot's own overclocking guide.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7n8x-bios-settings-please.9727/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi Started up comp today amp all the bios settings have been settings Asus bios A7V880 lost reconfigured the settings manually saved amp rebooted the pc reset and there was no display The only way to get a display is to turn off Asus A7V880 bios settings amp on not reset All I can do is enter edit the bios The errors displayed before the pc goes to the bios are cmos settings wrong and time date not set I can reset the time date set everything to auto save exit amp the pc still wont start it has to be turned off amp on again before there is any display After doing this I get the error overclocking or memory initial failed please reconfigure your system Press f to run setup or f to load defaults Either way it takes me back into the bios and looses all my previous settings I have tried a new bios battery On startup my cpu is being seen as a ghz athlon and the only logical reason I can think of for this happening is that my ram processor speeds are being set incorrectly both by the auto selections in the bios amp me My processor is an Athlon xp Barton amp I have x sticks of pc ram Any help with this problem would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

In my motherboard's BIOS settings, there are three USB settings that can be changed.

1.) USB Legacy Support
2.) USB 3.0 Legacy Support
3.) EHCI Hand-off

I'm at Win7 x64, do I need to disable them all?

Would keeping the USB/USB 3.0 Legacy Support enabled still use the driver installed in Win7 or will it override and use the built-in USB drivers in the motherboard?

How about EHCI Hand-off?

A:ASUS P8Z68-V BIOS Settings

No, do not turn them off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/191672-asus-p8z68-v-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi.
i've recently decide to update all of my PC components , and stuck on motherboard bios.
can you help me with it ?
i've red the manuals , and it says to download "asus update utility" on their site , but when im choosing "windows 7 64" and downloading the utility it says that i should download 64 bit application .
so is there any other way to update my bios ? or... im lost a bit

A:Asus m4a88t-m motherboard BIOS update

I suggest using the EZ Flash utility, rather than updating the BIOS from within Windows. It's invoked from within the BIOS setup. RTFM. (If you've mislaid the manual, it's available for download from support.asus.com.)

No download required, other than the BIOS file itself.

I think that EZ Flash is safer than Windows. It may be as good as flashing from DOS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/261985-asus-m4a88t-m-motherboard-bios-update.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi to everyone who reads this i need help with setting up bios etc like the CPU/Memory Frequency Ratio and much more hope to hear from you soon thanks for helpin

A:Asus A7v333 Motherboard Bios Need Help With Setting Up Please

Some information here:

http://www.rojakpot.com/freebog.aspx

Generally, the least alterations you make to the BIOS settings the better.
The CPU and memory options should be left af the default settings (check your manual).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a7v333-motherboard-bios-need-help-with-setting-up-please.486261/
Relevancy 67.94%

I've been contemplating upgrading my i5-4670k to an i7-4790k, but to do this I'd have to update my BIOS to take the Devil's Canyon CPU. Now I'm no pro when it comes to BIOS updates, far from it, and I've been trying to convince myself I have the minerals to do it.
I've been reading up on it and came across this from ASUS:

Source

My question is would it really be that easy to update the BIOS, especially in a Windows environment? I've never heard of that before, has anybody even tried it?

A:Updating ASUS 8 Series Motherboard Bios

i can not comment on other boards but all the dells i have had the bios update were windows based.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/365172-updating-asus-8-series-motherboard-bios.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have an onboard ATI HD 3200 graphics + an PCIe ATI HD 4350 together in SurroundView mode and everything works fine. However I don't understand the following 4 options in the BIOS. What is the difference between the setting? I have it on the first one and everything seems to work fine.

A:ATI SurroundView + Asus Motherboard + BIOS question

It's the order in which the motherboard sets the Primary VGA graphics.
So as you have an added 4350 connected to a monitor, this is GFX0 and is the primary card that will be used to run Games etc. Surround view turns on the onboard VGA as a secondary graphics output for a 3rd monitor as the 4350 can have 2 monitors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/82251-ati-surroundview-asus-motherboard-bios-question.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Thanks in advance. Anyone know the best setting for my bios configuration? My setup is as follows:

Asus A8V Deluxe socket 939
AMD64 3500+
Corsair 512mb ram PC3200 (dual sticks)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb
Hitachi Deskstar 160gb SATA
Creative Audigy 2 ZS gamer edition

I do get frequent and random shutdowns/reboots, which I have narrowed down to my video card driver. Any additional ideas how to solve that?

A:Proper bios settings for Asus A8V Deluxe

Make sure that you have adequate cooling!!!

Your MOBO mahual 'should' have a section that explains each BIOS entry. Go thru them and select the ones that make sense to you. Anything you do NOT understand...leave at the default setting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/proper-bios-settings-for-asus-a8v-deluxe.358725/
Relevancy 67.94%

I am building a computer from some old parts and new stuff from offline. I have the asus a7n8x deluxe motherboard(new), AMD xp 1700+ processor(new), 512mb of pc2100 memory(new), and a 20gb Western Digital Harddrive(taken from old pc). When i got everything installed and booted up the pc, the computer said that the processor speed changed and to update the BIOS settings. SInce i do not know much about BIOS i looked for about 15 minutes and could not figure out how to update the bios settings. I had screwed around with a couple of things so i set all the settings back to default then exited and saved changes. Right after i pressed enter to exit and save changes the pc just shut off. Now when i start the pc i can hear everything running but nothing shows up on the moniter. help please.

A:Asus A7n8x Deluxe Bios Settings

turn ur machine on - and straight away hold down 'home' until the machine posts (this resets the bios) then hit delete and enter the bios settings. move along until the option advance bios settings (i think that whats it called) appears and select that. one of the first options will be CPU FSB or something similar - set this to 133Mhz, hit F10 save and exit - the machine should now boot fine

Steg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7n8x-deluxe-bios-settings.7100/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have built what I was expecting to be quite a powerful system but instead it seems a bit slow to be honest I m wondering if I need to set something particulary in the bios as I ve just left it as standard apart setting the memory speed to instead of Auto This is what I m using Asus M A XTD EVO AM AMD X ATX DDR Audio amp Gigabit Ethernet AMD Phenom II X AM GHz MB Black Edition Kingston GB x settings with Bios M4A79XTD) help build need New and (ASUS GB DDR MHz PC - HyperX Memory Kit CL New build and need help with Bios settings (ASUS M4A79XTD) - - - ZOTAC GTS AMP GB DDR Dual DVI HDTV Out PhysX and Cuda ready PCI-E Graphics Card Arctic Power X-Power Pro W GTX Extreme Modular PSU - cm Fan x PCI-E x SATA Windows Ultimate bit Do you reckon I need to set up voltages etc of New build and need help with Bios settings (ASUS M4A79XTD) whether this could all be down to my hard drive as I have x TB Samsung Spinpoint HD UJ Sata drives and on the windows performance information it is giving my primary drive a performance of out of a maximum of everything else is in the s Many thanks in advance Jason nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

my desktop is a AMD A Triple Core GHz GB RAM Motherboard is ASUS f a -m le I'm trying to enable crossfire with my Raedon graphics card and the APU I beleive I need to change a setting enter to le motherboard ASUS Unable f1a55-m BIOS in BIOs to 'onboard' graphics because at the moment the system is only recognizing the graphics card and not the APU graphics as well when I plug in the My problem is that I can't enter the BIOS When I load up I press Enter but all I'm left with is a black screen I've tired pressing ESC F etc but Unable to enter BIOS ASUS f1a55-m le motherboard no luck There's not even a boot screen image Unable to enter BIOS ASUS f1a55-m le motherboard on load up of ASUS logo and menu at the bottom outlining which key to press for bios etc which there was on my previous computer I have it hooked up to my HDTV PC gt DVI adapter gt HDMI cable gt HDTV It was suggested Unable to enter BIOS ASUS f1a55-m le motherboard I tried running the HDMI directly from the discrete card but no joy I still can't access enter the bios screen

A:Unable to enter BIOS ASUS f1a55-m le motherboard

Are you pressing the "delete" key when the post screen comes up? To my knowledge, to enter the BIOS on any system, that is what you have to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/230048-unable-enter-bios-asus-f1a55-m-le-motherboard.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello my dear Vista friends!

Just a short courtesy note to advise those of you who own an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe Motherboard, ASUS have just released the latest BIOS 2602.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

With Kindest Regards

Neil (Mr Smiley)

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/125896-bios-2602-released-asus-p5w-dh-deluxe-motherboard.html
Relevancy 67.08%

firstly hello to all: Stupidly i flashed the bios with the wrong update on my friends asus p4s8L motherboard now computer wont completely boot it say bios rom checksum error,this computer has no floppy disk drive,so now it only detects ide cd-rom drive..message reads please put support cd into ide cd-rom and press enter.well after talking to my friend he does not have the support cd.i already tried removing the cmos battery to see if this would help but to no avail.does the computer need to trashed or is there any hope left .anybody have any suggestion?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrong-bios-flash-on-asus-motherboard-p4s8l.27985/
Relevancy 67.08%

Has anyone with this board tried this bios update? I believe the version # is 2205. Is it mainly important just for upgrading to the new 5th. Gen. processors or, is there benefits for the 4th. Gen. i7 4790k also? Thanks!

A:latest bios update for asus z97-a motherboard Questions

I own the Asus Z97-A motherboard and my instruction manual says not to upgrade the BIOS if my system is running smoothly. The manual clearly states to upgrade BIOS only when you have to, thus I have never upgraded my BIOS.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/64936-latest-bios-update-asus-z97-motherboard-questions.html
Relevancy 67.08%

* Do you have a BIOS Manual/Instructions for the ASUS PTGD1-LA motherboard * I already have the simple 20 page "PTGD1-LA (Grouper-GL8E)" User Manual ; but it does-not include BIOS setup instructions * * Thanks for your help * Mac 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BIOS-Manual-Instructions-for-the-ASUS-PTGD1-LA-motherboard/td-p/5806682
Relevancy 67.08%

My computer was not posting correctly, I have a feeling the bios reset because it's not recognizing the dual channel as well as a few others things. I removed one stick of ram, it's booting up to the splash page, then tries to boot checks the hardware and then black screen. I think i just need to set up the bios

Relevancy 67.08%

dell inspiron 530 with xp on it, i notice that during the black screens on startup it says AHCI Bios not intsalled, it seems everything is running ok, but this has me worried as I haven't seen it before, I reinstalled setup disk and went to repair, it went to cmd prompt, I then tried to do CHKDSK/R" command is not recognized

Relevancy 66.65%

I am trying to update the BIOS and went here to use their update utility:

ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS P5Q-E

However, the software Afudos BIOS update tool V2.36 will not load (3rd item of the above web page's list)!?!?

What do I do now? Any other BIOS update utility compatible to the Asus P5Q-E?

I am having these problems: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ing-start.html

A:Asus P5Q-E motherboard bios update utility software won't install?

You could have a corrupt file. I would down load a new copy and try it.

Here is a link to Asus for your board.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P5Q-E

If that doesn't work here is a link to an engineering ver of AFUDOS that may work.

Afudos Engineering - Download

Try those out as the first attempt. The engineering ver will let you downgrade if you need to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/228948-asus-p5q-e-motherboard-bios-update-utility-software-wont-install.html
Relevancy 66.22%

So after I did change to SATA AHCI mode in the BIOS, the main boot hard drive shows as a removable device in system tray. So how do I fix this issue, and I did follow the instructions in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 922976, and is found right here; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976

A:after change to SATA AHCI mode in BIOS, the main boot hard drive shows as removable

There is nothing to fix, SATA drives are hot pluggable so that is all perfectly normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-change-to-sata-ahci-mode-in-bios-the-main-boot-hard-drive-shows-as-removable.1035439/
Relevancy 65.36%

I don't know what happened I had this processor and motherboard working just fine But after my BIOS reset I can't seem to find XFX for 750i on needed motherboard settings HDX910WFK4DGI BIOS the right combination of settings to get it to work I have gone here AMD Phenom II X - HDX WFK DGI HDX WFGIBOX and checked many other forums but I can't find anything that gives me close to the answer I need Now my PC will boot up and give me a check BIOS settings needed for HDX910WFK4DGI on XFX 750i motherboard sum error with the option to Press F for BIOS setup F to continue and load a default setup I press F the BIOS settings needed for HDX910WFK4DGI on XFX 750i motherboard system boots into windows and I check the PC properties and it shows my correct processor and speed but I get about or blank apps running in the system try If I reboot it now wont even go to post Fans run Power is on but I get just a blank screen No beeps Then I have to reset my BIOS again to get it to go to the first error screen If I press F I can get to the BIOS I can see my processor and make changes but no mater what I changed When I do a save and reboot from there it just comes up with a black screen Once again I have to do a CMOS reset Can anyone point me in the right direction or just happen to have the BIOS settings I need to get this processor to work on my motherboard Here are the settings I need

A:BIOS settings needed for HDX910WFK4DGI on XFX 750i motherboard

Hello CyberMousey. Welcome to the forum.

Did you just install a new (upgraded) processor?
What is the brand and model # of motherboard?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/270310-bios-settings-needed-hdx910wfk4dgi-xfx-750i-motherboard.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I am having problems with direct booting into Windows installed into a VHDX file Possible After Black Fixing Screen Boot From Menu Manager][SOLVED] Only F12 UEFI Booting POST. [Boot Boot Issues: BIOS BIOS This is a four-partition UEFI boot on a GPT drive EFI files are residing on a second partition of disk the ESP partition [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu in the EFI [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu folder The boot virtual nbsp disk is residing on the fourth partition of that disk When I turn on the PC it shows black screen after the BIOS POST screen No Windows boot menu no other information is displayed However if I press Shift F or F to start Dell BIOS Boot Menu and choose Windows Boot Manager from the UEFI part of the boot menu Windows starts to boot without difficulties How do I make Windows to boot automatically without having to select Windows Boot Manager in DELL BIOS boot menu I believe I messed up with boot sector somehow What needs to be fixed provided that Windows will boot into VHDX file Thank you Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c77735a-be10-4e1e-a4c1-568917f4a54f/boot-managersolved-fixing-uefi-boot-issues-black-screen-after-bios-post-booting-only-possible?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi everyone,

I have a Dell Inspiron 530s. It has a 2.53Ghz Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, 320GB HDD.

The last two times I started up the computer, it started up MUCH SLOWER than before. It took forever to get through the Dell splash screen. It used to take 10 seconds to get through it, but now it takes more like three to five minutes. After I get past the flash screen, it flashed "AHCI BIOS not installed"

This is the first time I've seen it, and I haven't touched the inside of the computer or changed any settings. The only thing I've done is upgraded to Windows 7 Professional.

Does anyone know how to get this to go away? I hardly shut down my computer now so I can avoid the extremely long startup process.

Thanks in advance!

Christian

Relevancy 63.64%

ASUS A V -E Motherboard - Very Bad VERY BAD A7V266-E won't Asus Motherboard boot Hello I have recently bought an ASUS A V -E motherboard I set up all Asus A7V266-E Motherboard won't boot of the connections then pressed my power switch Nothing happened The green LED light on the Asus A7V266-E Motherboard won't boot motherboard is lit indicating that there is a power connection Here is my system configuration Asus A V -E - Motherboard Asus -PURE - Geforce AGP Graphics Card AGP Slot in motherboard AMD Athlon ghz - CPU not overclocked Enermax FS- B - Case Enermax watt EG P VE - Power Supply Turtle Beach Santa Cruz - Soundcard in PCI slot Linksys Fast Ethernet Adapater v in PCI slot FANS - Four case fans two sucking out two blowing in One CPU cooling fan Two power supply fans one sucking in one blowing out toward the CPU cooling fan s air flow PCI Slot Configuration - PCI Slots and are blank As stated above the video card is in the AGP slot soundcard is in PCI Slot and the Ethernet NIC is in PCI slot There are no USB and AMR devices installed What I HAVE DONE I have tried to boot-up with only the essientials being Motherboard PSU Graphics Card Monitor Mouse Keyboard No cooling fans except for the CPU cooling fan and PSU cooling fans This still did not work so I tried some other things Five different types of ram with various brands and megabyte sizes Did not work Swapped the mouse and keyboard with an alternate Did not work Swapped the graphics card with another graphics card that works perfectly on another computer Did not work Swapped with another PSU that works with a system similar to this configuration Did not work I even swapped the case leds Power SW Reset SW Power LED HDD LED etc --- All of these tests rule out the option of faulty hardware What I have not tried Swapping motherboards - I do have another motherboard the ASUS A M to test out but after six straight hours on trying to get this to work I need to rest Important Oberservations My AMD Althon ghz Processor does indeed have a very very small chip near the bottom left corner of the Core Die I do not think this would be causing this symtom because you can remove a CPU from the motherboard and at least all of the devices would be running with power When I try to turn the computer on nothing at all happens No lights turn on the green led built into the motherboard is still ON not even a little surge of power occurs What ever information that you need from me to solve this issue will be given to you Sincerely Kevin Byers Aka Nivek just look at Nivek in the mirror and see keviN nbsp

A:Asus A7V266-E Motherboard won't boot

If you have just bought this motherboard, I suggest you bring it back to the store where you bought it. It's a very good board, I have one ( RAID Version ) & I believe ToRN has the same also.

PS. If it's a RAID version, stick to the BIOS that comes with it or use the 1005 one. Above that version, Windows ( 98 / 2K / XP, you name it ) doesn't recognise the Promise chip anymore. You have to put your Boot Hdd on the Via Southbridge just to be able to boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7v266-e-motherboard-wont-boot.954/
Relevancy 63.64%

Ive built a new computer with the following components but the computer wont start. No Beeps, no fans just a twitch from the CPU Fan.
The Green LED is lit, so some power is coming from the PSU

ASUS M4A78T-E
AMD Phenom 955 Black X4
OCZ 6GB (3 x 2) DDR3 1600
ATI RADEON 9850HD
OCZ 700MXSP 700W

Even when i unplug all of the hardware and just have power running to the Motherboard, still nothing.

Anything I should be doing? or do I certainly have a hardware issue?

A:Asus Motherboard wont boot

Place the mobo on an anti-static surface and only put in one module of RAM along with the processor. Power it up and see how it goes.

I hope you've got all the connectors plugged in right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard-wont-boot.137303/
Relevancy 63.64%

i have a http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7v8x/overview.htm A7V8x-x based on the via-400 chipset. anyway i had everything pluged in bare bones Video card(geforce ti 4200 4x) 3 2100 Ram piecies (i later tryed it with one in one slot) And a Speeze cpu cooler installed. now the problem im having is when it boots it goes for about 5 seconds all fans spin up and then shuts of. but note the green light still stays on. The power supply is fully functioning btw. Anyway i cant hit the power button to turn it on again it wont work so i have to hit the swithc on back of my power supply for it to work and then it does that same 5 second boot again. Any idea whats causing it?

Relevancy 63.64%

Hello! i have motherboard asus b85-plus
with boot uefi ENABLE

i've made aio windows 10 iso with WIK using this command

Code:
oscdimg.exe -o -u2 -udfver102 -bootdata:2#p0,e,bE:\win\base\boot\etfsboot.com#pEF,e,bE:\win\base\efi\microsoft\boot\efisys.bin -lWindows10-AIO E:\win\base E:\win\Windows10-AIO.iso

but can't get dvd boot in uefi mode,
and if i select with F8 "boot menu" and select UEFI: optical drive, i can see the light trying read but dont boot from dvd and continue boot ssd

in dvd dont have file bootx64.efi in efi/boot folder
maybe is this file?

or dont know how boot from dvd in uefi using asus
thanks

A:boot dvd uefi motherboard asus

I assume it has the Bootia32.efi file??
you can try to add the bootx64.efi file also

directions state use x86 files as base, but creating AIO that way would not boot x64 via USB
wrong file error

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/69685-boot-dvd-uefi-motherboard-asus.html
Relevancy 63.64%

So recently I was looking into overclocking my computer I just copied an easy method a YouTube video showed me but then the cores got pretty hot and I didn t pass a stress test computer turned itself off during it So I went into the BIOS and reset everything to default and everything seemed to be running fine A few 64, 6GB P6T dropped RAM from 4GB, motherboard to Vista Asus SE days later and I notice it s all RAM dropped from 6GB to 4GB, Vista 64, Asus P6T SE motherboard slowed down quite a lot and I ve just identified that the problem is the RAM Task manager shows me that my CPU usage is usually pretty low but my physical memory is usually pretty RAM dropped from 6GB to 4GB, Vista 64, Asus P6T SE motherboard high admittedly partly because I have lots of pointless applications but they were all there before and it was running fine I bought this computer with GBs of RAM but the Windows Vista Welcome Centre shows only GBs now for some reason I don t understand why because I haven t even opened the computer at any point so it s nothing physical When I use a program RAM dropped from 6GB to 4GB, Vista 64, Asus P6T SE motherboard call CPU-Z it shows what s in the image attached as cpu z jpg So CPU-Z recognizes that I do have GBs of RAM so why doesn t Windows Vista I ve reset everything to defaults in the BIOS Here are my specs if you need them CPU Intel Core i CPU Cooler Coolermaster V LGA Motherboard Asus P T SE Intel X chipset IncludedCrossfire Memory GB Corsair DDR mhz XMS CL Hard Drives GB S-ATAII Gb s Optical Drive x Blu-Ray ROM S-ATA DVD RW Second optical drive x DVD RW DL S-ATA Lightscribe Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTS GB Sound card Asus Xonar D Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP -bit Accessories PCI Digital TV Tuner Card PSU W EZCool Tornado And yes I have run Windows Update and stuff - remember it used to show GB and I haven t uninstalled anything so it should still be able to Would seriously appreciate any help on this one I have uploaded pics of the BIOS nbsp

A:RAM dropped from 6GB to 4GB, Vista 64, Asus P6T SE motherboard

I would personally remove all the RAM except for one stick (no power to the pc first) and then reset the bios, either by the board jumper, or by removing the cmos battery.
Boot the computer to make sure it starts ok.
Do this again adding one stick at a time.
Once you have all your RAM in, reset the bios again and then power up the pc.

Fingers crossed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-dropped-from-6gb-to-4gb-vista-64-asus-p6t-se-motherboard.151984/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am building a new system.

Gigabyte MB GA-MA790GP-UD4H
AMD Phenom II F4 Quad core 3.0 MHZ
G-Skill 4GB DDR2
WD 1T SATA HD
LITEON DVD RW (Redeployed from an older non-64 bit machine)

I am able to get the BIOS to post. It recognizes the HD as master on the SATA cable and it recognizes the DVD drive as master on the IDE channel.

When I save and exit BIOS, it goes into a loop of restarting with the startup beep, then reads "Verifying DMI data..." then restarts.

I am unable to get to a prompt for booting the Vista disk. I did get to a prompt by disconnecting the harddrive, but when Windows came up it when to a blank blue cloud screen.

I reconnected the harddrive and get the same loop restart result.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: New build; BIOS Post; No Vista Boot

Have you set the boot order in the bios so that the dvd-rw boots first before the hard drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-build-bios-post-no-vista-boot.834327/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have hard drives with windows system on them One is windows media center xp and the other is xp pro As I start my pc it goes through the bios and then stops and I have choices Booting to the media center drive rdisk or the xp pro drive rdisk Both drives boot to their respective desktops all is well Btw i did install the systems when both drives where running My question change when boot settings NTLDR bios but 2 drives get Dual i ok boot when Dual boot 2 drives ok but get NTLDR when i change boot bios settings I change my bios from first boot Dual boot 2 drives ok but get NTLDR when i change boot bios settings disk to disk disk is another storage logical drive then save and exit it wont give me that choice anymore is shows a NTLDR missing I go to bios configuration again and change back to the original first boot drive and I can boot to either hard drive with no problems Why this is so This is my boot ini for both bootable drives boot loader timeout default multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS operating systems multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Windows XP Media Center Edition quot noexecute optin fastdetect multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows XP Professional quot noexecute optin fastdetect Thanks to all Robert nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-boot-2-drives-ok-but-get-ntldr-when-i-change-boot-bios-settings.696849/
Relevancy 62.35%

I just got a new hard drive after the old one failed. I have made a bootable USB Drive and put Windows 7 On there. Im looking though my Boot options and i cannot find USB in it. My motherboard is an Asus P5Q-SE2.

Is there anyway i can Install the OS from the USB as my DVD Drive is Dead.

A:Making USB Default Boot Device on Asus P5Q-SE2 Motherboard

Try pressing the F12 key at boot for the one time boot menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/184427-making-usb-default-boot-device-asus-p5q-se2-motherboard.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have an ASUS P4S800-MX Motherboard. It was working fine, but i didnt turn it on in a while. When i did it booted fine but the next time i tried to boot it, only the fans would work. It didnt beep and it wont even turn off or reset. Please help.

A:Irregular Boot Issues with ASUS P4S800-MX Motherboard

First of all, try a different power supply if you have one.

If you don't have a spare you can test your current power supply by unplugging it from everything, then shorting the green wire to any of the blacks with a spare bit of wire.

If it fires up as normal, then try reconnecting just the motherboard, if there's no improvement, check the seating of your graphics card, ram, processor, and any other cards you may have.

If this doesn't help, let me know and i can suggest a few more things to try.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/irregular-boot-issues-with-asus-p4s800-mx-motherboard.48898/
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm trying to boot from USB to install a windows professional OS on reformatted and repartitioned HDD using a bootable USB made with Rufus I usually from boot enable won't PSLP-LE motherboard usb Pavillion w/asus HP do it this way because CD hash HP Pavillion w/asus motherboard PSLP-LE won't enable boot from usb counts are wrong or cheap CD won't complete installation give an error message about a driver missing I know this is a hash count Cd quality issue because I use the same iso file to load rufus and it works when the bios recognizes the usb in the boot options I can't get this bios to recognize the usb to include it in the boot option list either through setup or f boot menu options Everything regarding usb legacy etc is enabled in bios I was wondering if it is fixable in this HP Pavillion with this particular motherboard either through bios update or any other method available It's a HP Pavillion desktop Thanks for reading and if someone knows the secret I'm all ears fingers and eyes too CD

A:HP Pavillion w/asus motherboard PSLP-LE won't enable boot from usb

Does your mobo have UEFI? If so what are the settings choices for UEFI, EFI, CSM, Legacy BIOS, Secure Boot, etc? Is there a more recent UEFI (BIOS) firmware update?

Try disabling Secure Boot, Legacy BIOS, CSM then installing using Rufus formatted stick for UEFI to GPT disk. UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows

Boot the stick as UEFI device only. Delete all partitions to clear any MBR formatting. UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/374616-hp-pavillion-w-asus-motherboard-pslp-le-wont-enable-boot-usb.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello all,

Looking for some advice on how to get my graphics card to work in my new(ly built) computer. I have recently upgraded to an ASUS P8Z68-V PRO motherboard and i5 chip with 16gb of G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM with a fresh win7 install. For some reason my computer will not start (even to the bios) with that video card in. I have tried it in another computer, no problem. I have installed the drivers from the disc (while the card was out), no change.

This mobo has an interesting bios i wonder if there is some setting that needs adjusting.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Myth

A:My ASUS P8Z68-V PRO motherboard will not boot with my Radeon HD 6790

have you you plugged the 4/8 pin PCI express power to the top left of the motherboard?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/198649-my-asus-p8z68-v-pro-motherboard-will-not-boot-my-radeon-hd-6790-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Can someone tell me which Bios version is needed to run Vista with my motherboard/computer?
A8N SLI premium (with only 1 video card)
I think everything else is compatible.

A:What bios needed for Vista in Asus A8N?

Well the latest listed [non-beta] bios has a date of late 2005. I doubt it has any fixes for vista. There are later beta bios however using a beta bios might not be a great idea.

I have done a number of vista installs and have never had to update a bios for vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-bios-needed-for-vista-in-asus-a8n.599454/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a custom built PC based upon the ASUS MAXIMUS Formula with a EVGA GeForce 8800 GT video card. Everything works great. I wanted to add a second identical video card to support four monitors. When I add the second card in, the PC will no longer boot. The external LCD Poster just says CPU INIT. The fans, disk drives, etc. do not power up. If I take the second video card back out, it boots up fine. The power supply is a 650 watt ANTEC which the box indicates that it supports dual video cards. Any idea as to what I need to do to support two video cards not linked via SLI? TIA!

A:Dual non-SLI video cards in ASUS Maximus Motherboard won't boot

The problem was the 650 watt power supply was inadequate. I swapped it for a 850 watt power supply and the PC boots just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-non-sli-video-cards-in-asus-maximus-motherboard-wont-boot.813431/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a custom built PC based upon the ASUS MAXIMUS Formula with a EVGA GeForce 8800 GT video card. Everything works great. I wanted to add a second identical video card to support four monitors. When I add the second card in, the PC will no longer boot. The external LCD Poster just says CPU INIT. The fans, disk drives, etc. do not power up. If I take the second video card back out, it boots up fine. The power supply is a 650 watt ANTEC which the box indicates that it supports dual video cards. Any idea as to what I need to do to support two video cards not linked via SLI? TIA!

A:Dual non-SLI video cards in ASUS Maximus Motherboard won't boot

What is the second card you are trying to add? Do you have a 6-pin power connector connected to it, if it needs one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-non-sli-video-cards-in-asus-maximus-motherboard-wont-boot.124882/
Relevancy 61.49%

I need help to install Vista Home Premium on my new Barebone Visionman PDC-E V - Istall w/Asus Barebones Visioman Vista on P5n7a-VM motherboard It has an ASUS P N A-VM motherboard with Intel Dual Core Ghz processor GB Vista Istall on Visioman Barebones w/Asus motherboard P5n7a-VM MHz ram I've installed two Gb SATA hard drives I've also installed on LG BR Reader and one multi LG DVD Vista Istall on Visioman Barebones w/Asus motherboard P5n7a-VM writer All I have left to do is intall the OS The problem is thatmy optical drive will not read the Vista install Update disc or Vista Istall on Visioman Barebones w/Asus motherboard P5n7a-VM any of my other XP Install disks or an of my bootable CD discs I keep getting the REBOOT AND SELCT PROPER BOOT DEVICE OR INSERT BOOT MEDIA IN SELECTED BOOT DEVICE AND PRESS A KEY message I have done some adjustments within the BIOS setup such as raid or no raid and switching around the boot source order I've also switched the SATA connections back and forth on the mother board as it pertained to having one hard drive or two one optical drive or two and any combination thereof I've searched the internet ASUS Tigerdirect and new egg for help to no avail Perhaps I am doing something wrong Any ideas Please help

A:Vista Istall on Visioman Barebones w/Asus motherboard P5n7a-VM

Are you going to run a raid array, or non raid array?
Do you have bios set to boot from the optical drive?
First you must answer whether or not you are going to use raid.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-istall-on-visioman-barebones-w-asus-motherboard-p5n7a-vm-383039.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

I did not buy this computer. Just happen to come across it at work in one of our computer labs.

I turn on the computer and the fans in the computer turn on for about 1 second and then the computer totally turns off. No error beeps or anything.

Would this be something wrong with the PSU or the Mobo?

I did some testing, but still getting the same problem. I took the mobo out of the PC and set it on a book and built it outside the PC Box and I am still having the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Relevancy 61.06%

hello i have a asus et it has a bios boot block on it it does not have a floppy cd or dvd rive only usbs i have tried a external usb dvd r boot BIOS et1602 Asus block w to Asus et1602 BIOS boot block install xp back on itand it hangs up when it says starting windows win gives me a blue screen and a string of error codes blocks uniflash in bios removed cmos battery and it did not help forgive me but i knowi will say this wrong but it install ubito just fine ive tried several online sugestions on flashing it from a thumb drive im either doing it wrong or its acting the same way as dvd r w it just blinks forever with no action Asus et1602 BIOS boot block ive ran into some tuff ones butthis takes the cakebios says there is no password but reset it anyway so ive reached the Asus et1602 BIOS boot block point of desperaty and thought maybe i would short the pins on the bios chip i have had to do that before i cant figure out wich is the bios chip its not obviouse to the eye and i think ive searched almost every chip on the board it hasa atom cpu motherboard number isem -dhs rev this is crazy hard ive googled my brains out can anyone help me please thanks as usual nbsp

A:Asus et1602 BIOS boot block

Have you contacted Asus support for this issue?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-et1602-bios-boot-block.178911/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Asus custom computer disk after partition wont motherboard boot ASUS P Z -V motherboard if that helps Long Asus motherboard custom computer wont boot after disk partition story short I ve been having endless tech problems and need some help I bought this setup a week ago and it had windows beta on it It s been very buggy and I swear nothing gets rid of Asus motherboard custom computer wont boot after disk partition it Asus motherboard custom computer wont boot after disk partition It won t format it won t recover and every attempt of a windows OS cd has failed due to some silly error that it gives me The previous error which gives me the new problem i am here for was some thing about having no memory to install from I put my old windows vista bit OS cd in to install that instead of the windows beta but it told me i have no space So i researched it a little and found that if you partition the drive under administrative tools and disk options quot set as active quot or partition C drive that it may recognize it then and i d be able toinstall the vista Well i m not sure if that works in normal cases but now my computer won t even boot After a single restart of that all i am getting is a red light on for a few seconds then the red light cuts off then i hear one beep Nothing comes on my monitor and i have tested multiple monitors and cables The computer will stay on with the fans running but nothing will ever show I ve tried taking out the jumpers on the motherboard for a little to reset it but that didn t work Would resetting the motherboard fix the problem I m not even sure how to do that though nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello again before I ask for help on this I must say thanks agian for all the help the good people at this Boot To Won't Bios MotherBoard forum has given me on MotherBoard Won't Boot To Bios several occasions NOTE Testing without any memory nor drives attached I have an ASUS MB that will NOT boot to Bios Not even a quot BEEP quot I bought this board new and have used it in the recent past Board is an ASUS P board The power LED comes on and the MotherBoard Won't Boot To Bios FAN quot pins quot power-up I just got a new CPU P to test to see if the chip might be bad but the board does the same thing and the Chip does NOT even get warm I tried RESETING THE BIOS JUMPER AND REMOVING THE BATT OVERNIGHT but still no luck The power supply watt is new and I do have both the pin and pin power cables connected I have also tried a couple of different video cards also NOTE video card s fan spins while connected to PCI slot Any advice Thanks again jtbest nbsp

A:MotherBoard Won't Boot To Bios

When you have a problem build go back to the basics. Make sure that the ram, cpu, and video card are seated correctly. Note; the video card can be hard to get completely seated. Insure that the cpu fan is connected to the correct header [most modern boards will not power up if there is no fan signal]

If it still will not boot, pull the board from the case. Set it on the box it came in [do not use the anti-static bag since some of them will conduct electricity] use only one ram chip, video card and cpu / hsf. Connect both power connectors to the board; the normal atx power connector and the four pin connector. Now use a small screwdriver to short across the power switch pins; this will power up the board. If it posts and you are able to enter the bios, etc, inspect the mounting very carefully. If it still does not post [and you have already swapped cpus] the only other thing would be to swap other components ie power supply / video card to see what is bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-wont-boot-to-bios.196921/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys, looking at this here: https://kb.wisc.edu/showroom/page.php?id=58779

I have tried all keys showing F2, F9, F8, Delete, ESC but nothing works, help?

A:Asus x54C model can't get to boot menu or bios

What do you see?

Anything at all on screen, or is it just black?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627070/asus-x54c-model-cant-get-to-boot-menu-or-bios/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am trying to get the bios settings correct for my pc I can get it to boot in auto mode but when I set the bus speeds and such to what I think they should be the computer will not start The cpu is an Athlon which should have a bus speed of and a clock multiplier of The memory is pc I have with get settings bios to can't boot computer the following can't get computer to boot with bios settings set in the bios CPU Frequency Mode MHz DRAM Clock MHz CPU Ratio Select I have also tried going in to the manual mode for the CPU Frequency Mode and tried these settings Frequency MHz Stepping MHz CPU to PCI Divider DRAM AGPCI Clock DRAM Clock MHz CPU Ratio Select x I have also tried the above with DRAM Clock set to By Speed The memory should go can't get computer to boot with bios settings up to MHz but I would like to just get can't get computer to boot with bios settings the computer to boot with the proper processor speed first What am I doing wrong I would like to get this working Thanks nbsp

A:can't get computer to boot with bios settings

Doesn't the Bios have a Default Setting? Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-computer-to-boot-with-bios-settings.761239/
Relevancy 59.77%

My PC will not boot nor will it access bios settings PC cannot BIOS boot not will enter settings and by pressing F during boot process About weeks ago after an automatic Windows update my desktop PC became afflicted with the Critical Error Start menu and Cortana aren t working etc I resolved the matter by restoring my PC back to a state it was in few days earlier Yesterday the Critical Error start PC will not boot and cannot enter BIOS settings menu problem came back When I tried the restore back to an earlier state the restore didn t work and the PC just hung Now I cannot boot or access the bios settings I tried booting directly from a Windows Disc but that will not work either It will not boot in safe mode either Whereas I can understand that the unsuccessful restore may have corrupted the operating system I cannot understand how the BIOS will not work and why I cannot get into BIOS settings I have tried booting from a Windows disc but it will not do so - seems to me that the BIOS is bad I would really appreciate if anyone could give me a few pointers on what to try out Many thanks ------------------ My PC is a Dell XPS running Windows fully updated and has an mSATA SSD and two hard drives nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

No BIOS or video with P LD Greetings I have just built a new PC see specs bellow and I am receiving neither a BIOS beep nor video signal MB ASUSTeK P LD CPU Intel-PentiumD LGA GHz BOX EM T RAM PIN DDR DDR PC - GB DDR HYNIX original two sticks for a total of GB VIDEO HIS HX PRQ - TOEN IceQII ATI x Pro MG HD Hitachi IBM HDT BIOS boot video ASUS won't signal beep No P5LD2 or + DLA SATA GB OD LG GSA- BB Multi DVD drive C PS Antec SONATA II with W Smart Power PS MISC MITSUMI FA T B inch card reader Here is what I have done - assembled the system both in and out of the case piece ASUS P5LD2 won't boot + No BIOS beep or video signal by piece - verified both the -pin ATX V and the EATXPWR -pin power connectors are firmly attached - confirmed jumpers are set to factory defaults - doubled checked that the RAM modules are inserted in the appropriate DIMM A and DIMM B slots -- though I have also tried every slot with one module and all two-module combinations - checked that the HD is connected to the SATA port - cleared the RTC RAM and - cleaned video card and RAM connectors with rubbing alcohol Here is what I have observed During both in- and out-of-case assemblies I was able to power up the system CPU fan case fan video card fan and motherboard but received neither BIOS beep nor video signal Only silence After trying multiple RAM configurations resetting the RTC RAM and cleaning components with rubbing alcohol I was greeted with the same familiar silence While conducting a piece by piece assembly the motherboard finally spoke three beeps -- what sounded like a long beep followed by two shorter beeps -- after powering up the motherboard and CPU without RAM I think it is important to point out here that this beep pattern does not appear to correspond to anything in the user s manual I then powered the motherboard CPU and RAM This time I heard or fast short beeps The third assembly included the motherboard CPU RAM and video card Silence No beeps I removed the video card and connected the HD Those or fast short beeps returned I added the DVD drive card reader and case light in succession and each time the beeps sounded off With the system percent complete I returned the video card to its PCI express slot and upon powering the system an all too familiar silence returned Consequently I noticed that when the video card is removed I am able to shut the system down normally by depressing the case power switch but when the card is installed I am unable to do so I have to reach behind the case and power down the system via the power supply s power switch Now I have corresponded with ASUS technical support staff and as of our last e-mail volley they are leaning towards either a defective motherboard or CPU They did recommend I try another video card but unfortunately my spare systems are a vintage AMD K and an Anthlon GHz neither compatible with this more modern technology Is it possible that the video card is deficient and the motherboard and CPU are viable I am not looking forward to building a whole new system just to troubleshoot this one Any insights you could offer would be most appreciated Thank you for the assistance nbsp

A:ASUS P5LD2 won't boot + No BIOS beep or video signal

Try different Video card.

OR

My experience

Ok i recently had the same problem with a new machine i built.

I realize that the CPU FAN was shorting the board.

I used a CPU with a fan controller it was shorting it some how. in the end i cut the wire from the Fan controllor(was like to wires together) so i just joined them then taped them up.

I would recommend testing a Different CPU fan,(i know it sounds weird but i was very suprised an noone ever came accross this i know off)

Also make sure. you have the board placed properly on the motherboard using spacers. about 0.5cm of the case using the spacers provided with the case.

I would also suggest that your CPU would be fine and properly anything else.

If your cpu dint work you would here the same beeps codes as if it was removed (are something along the line)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5ld2-wont-boot-no-bios-beep-or-video-signal.35515/
Relevancy 59.34%

MY SPECS
Motherboard: Asus p8z68 v-le
Ram:1600ddr3 2x4gb kingston
video card: gtx460
CPU: intel5 2500k with hyper 212
PSU: basiq 550w+
OS:windows 7 professional 32 bit(going to upgrade to 64 bit soon)

i just finished building my rig and i dont get any beeps except for one which indicates the successful post. my problem is my motherboard go's straight to bios and when i exit bios it restarts and go's right back. ive checked all the cables, had the ram replaced, cpu fan was installed correctly, everything is normal. i don't know why it wont continue forward. although i dont have a cd-drive because my old one is a IDE cable version and the new motherboard i got doesn't support it, could this be a problem? i always booted from the harddrive also.

A:motherboard wont boot past bios

If you don't have an optical drive, how did you install the OS on your hard drive for the new computer? If you are trying to boot to a hard drive that has Win 7 installed on it while it wa in a different computer, it isn't going to work anyway, New motherboard requires clean istallation of Windows 7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-wont-boot-past-bios.1034090/
Relevancy 59.34%

THIS NEEDS TO BE SOLVED BY TOMORROW!!!

So, I built my friend a PC a year ago when I didn't know much about computers. I got her a Biostar A880GZ mATX board (only 2 ram slots, 1 pcix16, 4 plug CPU power, etc) and a 650 Ti which had problems. She just got a 760 (nvidia reference but i was too late to tell her to buy another) and now it just gets to the motherboard display screen, says Press <DEL> to enter setup, but it doesn't work.
I've tried unplugging the sata ports, taking gpu out and in again, taking out the battery and putting it back in, but nothing works. She's really pissed and has a paper due friday, I need this to be fixed by tomorrow.. What do I do?

A:[URGENT] Motherboard won't let me get into BIOS/BOOT after new GPU upgrade

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-motherboard-wont-let-me-get-into-bios-boot-after-new-gpu-upgrade.1115515/
Relevancy 59.34%

Alright guys here is the scoop I just got a refurbished ASUS K DE laptop and it came with Win on it I am wanting to run a dual boot with Win so I disabled fast-boot just fine and went into the UEFI BIOS and disabled the secure boot While I was there I did like I have always done and 8 BIOS prob boot, unexpected ASUS dual K75DE 7 & Windows set a BIOS boot-up password I then proceed to boot to my Win installer USB Flash drive but I was running low on battery power so I aborted the install and shut the computer down to try again later Now however when I get into BIOS to select boot priority all options are grayed out except for system time and a few other non-essentials At the bottom of the first BIOS screen it says quot User Level User quot and I can't seem to find a way to reverse this issue So now ASUS K75DE Windows 8 & 7 dual boot, unexpected BIOS prob I'm stuck can't boot to anything but the HDD because it is first by default I know this is a Windows forum but I have literally spent hours Googling this problem and have made no gains I did update my BIOS version to the latest because someone said they couldn't change any boot order options but it made no change Please help Any ideas might prove helpful I've been posting all over the net on forums seeking a solution Any info or clarification you need just let me know

A:ASUS K75DE Windows 8 & 7 dual boot, unexpected BIOS prob

You might have to call Asus on that, I use Asus MBs and that's never happened to me. You should have been prompted to enter your password upon entering the BIOS. There should be a way to enter the password you set.

Can you re-install your current BIOS? That might reset it.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37303-asus-k75de-windows-8-7-dual-boot-unexpected-bios-prob.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Windows Laptop Opened machine came out of sleep mode said it would restart and update in min let it do it This all happened June th Next thing I know it fails in the update Then it reboots giving me an error It gave me the opportunity to go into the BIOS setup press del for setup I don't remember it doing that normally Might be in fast boot and secure boot but not sure I changed the boot order saved and restarted the machine Now I get nothing on the screen at all HDD numlock lights flash once DVD drive spins for a sec fan runs can open and close dvd drive power light is on and that's it Is there any way to get back into the system legacy BIOS and override the UEFI What else would you suggest Resetting something CMOS I just want to get this running again Thanks Dave PS Someone suggested removing memory and putting it back in Would this help

A:ASUS K55A-HI5103D failing to boot into BIOS or Windows 8..... nothing but power

The following link is from the Asus website to restore you computer to factory settings: http://support.asus.com/Troubleshooting/detail.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=K55A&os=8&no=1775.

Hope this helps solve your issue. Do not know what else to suggest. The forum administrators may have some other suggestions.
Curtis W

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499711/asus-k55a-hi5103d-failing-to-boot-into-bios-or-windows-8-nothing-but-power/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am very very frustrated since I waited a while to get this motherboard from china. My last DFI board randomly died on me and I ordered this as a replacement because I wanted a decent 775 board. I worked on it all night tonight and despite it reading all the hardware... it will not boot unless I reset the cmos every time. On top of that... I can not get the bios to update... it doesn't read any of the 5 usb drives I tried (fat/fat32). Also I tend to get this grey screen when trying to flash it sometimes. I am beside myself at this point after fussing with it for hours on end and I really need some help.

A:Asus P5E3 BIOS won't update and needs CMOS reset to boot every time

Sounds like either the BIOS is corrupted or the motherboard battery is a goner.

Have you tried burning the new BIOS to a bootable CD ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5e3-bios-wont-update-and-needs-cmos-reset-to-boot-every-time.171511/
Relevancy 59.34%

Here s the deal I m administering a LAN consisting of IBM NetVistas Phoenix BIOS v mostly and there is a BIOS setting to have different boot orders depending on the startup type Primary Auto a to with settings Is it boot possible BIOS change disk? amp Error startup sequences depending on the circumstances What I want to do is disable the last boot preferences so that only the primary is used and I also want the primary to always boot in the following order Removable gt CDROM gt Hard Disk gt None I also want to disable a thing called the PXE Boot Agent which keeps trying Is it possible to change BIOS settings with a boot disk? to boot of the LAN which is a real pain When I originally build these PC s I m Is it possible to change BIOS settings with a boot disk? using a ghost boot disk which I have set up to Is it possible to change BIOS settings with a boot disk? automatically boot into ghost and deploy a pre-determined image Is there something I can use to change the BIOS settings on each PC as I build it so that the settings above are applied As usual IBM are no help I either get told it s not possible seems doubtful to me tbh or that they ll get back to me which obviously never happens Am I asking too much The reason I need this is that if this is not done and the PC is not shut down properly the BOIS the PC then goes into the error startup sequence which automatically tries to boot off the LAN and no matter how many times the user tries to reboot it stays stuck in this loop meaning I have to go out to each user this happens to at least - per week on our PC site thanks in advance viBe nbsp

A:Is it possible to change BIOS settings with a boot disk?

You would most likely need a bios editor to do what you want to do. It is a very risky operation to edit a bios. One wrong string and the board is shot or would need a bios chip. You can repair a bad flash with a working chip but I know nothing about doing it.

Johnwill knows about these things. Maybe he will stop in???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-possible-to-change-bios-settings-with-a-boot-disk.330369/
Relevancy 59.34%

I changed the boot settings in my bios to boot off a USB recovery drive since my Windows boot loader wasn't working and now the bios won't even load. Turning the power on starts the computer but nothing displays on the monitor. I've never felt so perpetually screwed in my life. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Bios won't load after changing boot settings

What id recommend you do is reset bios to default settings. To do so, shut your computer off, take out cmos battery and reinsert it. This will reset your bios to default settings. Report back if this solved your problem.
This will determine if the bios change is the primary cause to your blank screen of not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-wont-load-after-changing-boot-settings.1102912/
Relevancy 59.34%

Here's my problem, I can't get on the internet. Simple fix I thought, WRONG.
For some reason my IP is coming up at 192.254.157._ (w/ a subnet of 255.255.0.0)

Yet my router is set for scheme: 192.168.1._ (subnet: 255.255.255.0)

What would be causing this. My Motherboard is an ASUS a8n-sli deluxe, I may have flashed to bios w/ a beta they were doing, is there any way to roll it back??
As well as programs are constantly hanging and I am forced to do a hard reboot to get my system back up.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi
I am trying to find a manual covering this Mobo.
Can anyone help please.
regards
phil

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi

I recently installed a gigabyte B75M-D3H 1155 mobo, i5 cpu, my pc boots fine but there is no BIOS splash screen at all and it is worrying me. I can boot into win 7 fine, but when I turn the computer on it goes from blank screen very quick (1 second) cursor flash, then windows splash screen. Is something wrong? It has done this since the 1st time I booted it. Going into the Bios there is an option named "full screen logo show" but it makes not difference whether that is enabled or not. My monitor is on the whole time, not waking from sleep or anything like that.

A:New motherboard - BIOS splash screen is skipped during boot

The new MBoards are really fast going through the BIOS Post. I looked at thier site, and there is a utility that lets you access the BIOS through Windows. Install the app, then you can set a post delay.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4315&dl=1#utility
Really looks like a great board, lots of cool features.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-bios-splash-screen-is-skipped-during-boot.184239/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi everbody nbsp I am currently upgrading a HP Pavillion p t and I recently found out that it locks up my BIOS's option to configure secure boot I went through every method I could find on all support forums and have been trying for weeks now I am trying to install a new Graphics Card PNY GT gb and I would not boot no matter how I settings up showing not new boot for BIOS in Graphics... Secure did anything I then bought another card a Gigabyte GT gb and the same issue occured I know Secure boot settings not showing up in BIOS for new Graphics... that is not my power supply because it is w I have tried all advanced boot settings and reisntalled windows more times than I can count At this point I need some help My CPU is an Intel core i k with cores yes cores I double checked and I am running it with gb of Ram and the onboard graphics It came with a mb AMD radeon card from the stone age that got fried a while ago I am on windows right now and need to fix this issue I also tried reseting CMOS and I even bought a new CMOS battery and still nothing is working With no video card in my PC runs fine I am also running the latest BIOS version compatible with my device and still nothing will work I f someone could please help that would mean alot to me p s I forgot to say that both video cards work perfetly I tested them in a PC of a friends who had worse specs than me in every way nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Secure-boot-settings-not-showing-up-in-BIOS-for-new-Graphics/td-p/5807835
Relevancy 58.48%

My laptop won't boot after I changed the video configuration settings in the bios. Any time I turn on the laptop it just makes a clicking noise & switches itself back off so I cannot change the settings back.
I have tried to reset the cmos battery but I have been unable to remove the keyboard to get to it.
is there a way I can get my laptop working again?

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Won't Boot After Changes in Bios Settings

With your receipt, take laptop to any busines-oriented computer store [for example I've used Altex in AustinTX], let them fix the problem for you. Once, they've fixed your laptop, make changes in video configurations in Windows OS, after making external media backups of your OS partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376548-acer-aspire-5750-wont-boot-after-changes-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 58.48%

If I want to do a clean install of Windows 10 with the latest version 1607, I don't know the settings in the BIOS I should choose from to make my computer boot to a bootable flash drive. I know when I go into my BIOS settings I have UEFI regular or legacy options. Could someone give me the step by step process and right settings to accomplish this?  I tried calling Lenovo to ask this question which was useless. The practically non-English speaking woman just asked what brand flash drive I had and where I bought it (Best Buy) and told me I had to contact them about how to boot from it???????? What useless tech support! To go any farther, I would have to pay for that information.

Relevancy 58.48%

Dear All.
I have been stuck to a peculiar problem. Let me discuss the situation. I Have got the following configuration: Asus motherboard with Intel Dual Core processor, 2 GB of DDR2 RAM and one 80GB P-ATA and one 500 GB S-ATA HDD. I have installed Windows in the S-ATA HDD and decided to use the P-ATA HDD as additional storage drive. Now the problem is, sometimes the system cannot detect the P-ATA HDD, and sometimes when it detects it appears as Primary IDE Slave and in that case the SATA drive disappears from the boot priority drive list in bios setting. So the system cannot boot. Presently I am using my PC without connecting the P-ATA drive. But I want to use both of them. In this situation can u masters help me out of this problem? Thanks in advance........ Kabiraj.

A:My SATA HDD is not available for boot priority selection in BIOS settings

Is the BIOS updated to it's latest firmware?
Alternative solution would be that you buy an pata HDD USB box and put the pata HDD in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sata-hdd-is-not-available-for-boot-priority-selection-in-bios-settings.178476/
Relevancy 58.48%

My older brother has a Toshiba Satellite laptop. In his configuration, he has enabled fast boot up, thus, upon power up, the initial splash screen doesn't show but straight to the windows login screen. Now, I wanted to access the BIOS but I don't know how. I tried pressing DEL (for the BIOS setup) but since he has once enabled fast boot up in the BIOS settings itself, I can no longer do so. It always goes straight to the logon screen. Please help guys. I've tried searching the forum for possible same case/s but to no avail.

A:Disable fast boot up to enable BIOS Settings

I just googled how to enter the BIOS on a toshiba and saw several suggestions, including:

escape key

escape key for 3 seconds, followed by F1.

F1

F12

Take a look:

- Google Search

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/248041-disable-fast-boot-up-enable-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 58.48%

i opened up one of my customer s ibm laptop the cmos battery is missing i cannot go into bios settings so booting from cd is out of the question yes i can boot from a series of floppy disks what need go 2 change bios 2 need repair, laptops now? boot.. into settings cannot old ibm with floppy drive 2 laptops need repair, cannot go into bios settings need 2 change boot.. what now? to start the xp install possibly but there has to be another way which leads me to my second problem toshiba satelite notebook if i try to get into the bios configuration it freezes on me until i hit enter it seems like its indicating a problem with my hard drive if i try to go into bios but ih ave tried other hdd i still cant go into bios again i want to change boot settings to install windows now since i cant boot to xp with both these laptops how am i gonna fix them i know i cant hook up the hdd to my desktop and install windows via usb i have a to hdd converter can i install windows in the laptop hdd with my dekstop or any other way to do it nbsp

A:2 laptops need repair, cannot go into bios settings need 2 change boot.. what now?

up.

help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-laptops-need-repair-cannot-go-into-bios-settings-need-2-change-boot-what-now.654397/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi people. I'm either having a brain fart, or my BIOS is not working correctly.My BIOS version: American Megatrends Inc. G74Sx.201, 4/27/2011I need to boot from DVD to install a Linux Distro.When I go to my BIOS, and I look at the boot options, I don't see the option for my DVD drive. I took some photos of the options in my BIOS. Can someone assist me in figuring out how to boot from disc?CPU-ID Info - http://valid.canardpc.com/d0litf Screenshots (1400 pixels wide)http://i.imgur.com/jvENq9K.jpg?1http://i.imgur.com/MdUKJth.jpg?1 Also, once the changes are made... what key do I press during start-up to get the boot menu? The way it is now, both F2 & Del bring me to the BIOS. Thank you ExplodingMonkey

A:Assistance to change settings in BIOS, to boot from disc

Are you sure it isn't the second option?

sata: hl-dt-stdvdram gt34n 

A quick google says that's a dvd drive, plus there's dvd in the name.  Try that and see what you come up with.

Once you set it to boot from disk (first) it will boot from the disk, in some instances it may prompt you to press "any" or a specific key in order to confirm the boot.  You won't change the key, it'll still be f2 or esc to get back to that screen.  The bios screen just lets you select the order in which devices are booted, you'll want to set your dvd to boot first of course.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564441/assistance-to-change-settings-in-bios-to-boot-from-disc/
Relevancy 58.48%

I am trying to help with a HDD failure on a U The laptop does still work an the failure was almost certainly just the HDD I have a new HDD in place but I am unable to access BIOS and the machine obviously wont boot Just a black screen while the computer tries to do something F settings Satellite BIOS - boot Cannot U940 access or then power on doesn't workF then power on doesn't workESC then power on doesn't workTaking the Satellite U940 - Cannot boot or access BIOS settings battery out hasn't workedTaking the battery and power cord out and discharging by holding power Satellite U940 - Cannot boot or access BIOS settings button down for seconds hasn't worked I can't get at the BIOS I believe the machine was relying on the Intel hybrid drive stuff using the SDD in RAID before and that fast book was enabled Obviously I am unable to clean shut down the machine any more since I can't boot it back up with the old disk What I really want to do is reset the whole thing Get rid of any of Satellite U940 - Cannot boot or access BIOS settings the RAID stuff and put Windows back on the new HDD Any ideas how I can get into the BIOS to get around any of the RAID or FastBoot stuff

A:Satellite U940 - Cannot boot or access BIOS settings

Originally Posted by devondan

I am trying to help with a HDD failure on a U940. The laptop does still work an the failure was (almost certainly) just the HDD.

I have a new HDD in place but I am unable to access BIOS, and the machine obviously wont boot. Just a black screen while the computer tries to do something..
F2 then power on doesn't workF12 then power on doesn't workESC then power on doesn't workTaking the battery out hasn't workedTaking the battery and power cord out and discharging by holding power button down for 60+ seconds hasn't worked.
I can't get at the BIOS. I believe the machine was relying on the Intel hybrid drive stuff using the SDD in RAID before, and that fast book was enabled. Obviously I am unable to clean shut down the machine any more since I can't boot it back up with the old disk.

What I really want to do is reset the whole thing. Get rid of any of the RAID stuff and put Windows back on the new HDD. Any ideas how I can get into the BIOS to get around any of the RAID or FastBoot stuff?

Is there any way to disable Hybrid Sleep physically? Removing the CMOS battery? Replace memory? I can't do it from software or access the BIOS and I'm wondering if it is this that is preventing a clean boot.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89798-Satellite-U940-Cannot-boot-or-access-BIOS-settings
Relevancy 58.48%

Win 8.1 install says a required partition is missing. I read variously that the solution is to delete all partitions. Some say format the single partition. Others say just delete all partitions and leave as drive 0 unallocated. Will this leave the partition "structure" type as EIF GPT if it was that for the drive to begin with?

As a side issue:

I THOUGHT I had to turn off EIF Boot mode in bios and set cms in order to boot from installation DVD, but maybe that is just for USB booting.

But my main question is:

If deleting all partitions now allows win 8.1 to install, is it important what the bios boot mode is set to during this installation or only after installation on boot up IF the installation was executed with the idea that you wanted to use eif boot mode?

Hope that makes sense. Thank you.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/75613-win-8-1-install-process-bios-boot-mode-settings.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Just migrated/updated my main C: drive to a SSD Seagate 128GB drive....minor issues at first but now running great.

Question is re my system bios. What if any is the correlation between the Sata 'order' in the following:

Bios Main Settings readout ( bios main settings.jpg )
Bios Boot settings/Hard Disk Drive ( bios boot settings.jpg )
Sata ports on MB numbered 1-6

Should these not have the drives listed in the same order in the readouts...?...is there a way to make MB board Sata1 port the C: drive...Sata2 port drive the Maxtor Drive...etc

Are the MB Sata ports numbering related in any way to what shows up in the two attached bios HDD/SSD bios screens ?

Thanks...TRinAz

A:Bios settings re new SSD boot drive & MB Sata connectors

Change the cables round to suit.
SATA3G...1 = SSD.
2 to 5 = to suit.
SATA3G...6 = DVD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/317486-bios-settings-re-new-ssd-boot-drive-mb-sata-connectors.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have upgraded from Windows which came on my Ideapad S touch machine to Updating d... to and to settings flash boot BIOS/UEIF Windows When checking to see if my BIOS UEFI is up to date on Lenovo's driver download page when I type in Windows for my operating system it lists nbsp available nbsp a version of BIOS UEFI for Windows versions and bit but doesn't mention Windows The version is nbsp In checking my version of BIOS it is SMBIOS Updating BIOS/UEIF and settings to boot to flash d... ver and my BIOS mode is UEFI nbsp Is this BIOS update appropriate for my machine and should I update it My second question is if I want to do a clean install of Windows with the latest version I don't know the settings in the BIOS I should choose from to make my computer boot to a bootable flash drive I know when I go into my BIOS settings I have UEFI regular or legacy Updating BIOS/UEIF and settings to boot to flash d... options Could someone give me the step by step process and right settings to accomplish this nbsp I tried calling Lenovo to ask this question which was useless The practically non-English speaking woman just asked what brand flash drive I had and where I bought it Best Buy and told me I had to contact them about how to boot from it What useless tech support To go any farther I would have to pay for that information

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Guys
Just ordered the above mobo and was reading some reviews about it, every comment said what a great board it was apart from the noisey chipset fan.
One comment even recommend ordering a new fan as a spare because it will fail.
My question is does anyone know if Asus has corrected this problem or will I just have to order a spare?
As it has not been deliverd yet I was thinking of changing it for the SLI version, which I did not really need as I am not into gaming.
Any views or comments appreciated.