Windows Support Forum

Regain Administrative priveleges under Admin

Q: Regain Administrative priveleges under Admin

HELP! I have Windows Vista and I have lost administrative priveleges when I'm the single user on my laptop. I've tried to change priveleges, creating a new Admin. account and Restore and nothing works. I've also tried logging in under Safe Mode. What can I do now?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Regain Administrative priveleges under Admin

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 89.44%

Hi I just completed a factory reinstall of my HP Computer -bit Windows I only created one user account at the prompt as the computer was setting up I've made sure that the account is listed as having quot not administrative priveleges account is allowing administrative My administrator quot However after installing a number of programs onto my computer I find that some of them only run after My administrative account is not allowing administrative priveleges checking quot run this program as an administrator quot checked in the properties settings That's fine I don't care about that The question I have is that there are some programs that specifically won't install because they claim My administrative account is not allowing administrative priveleges I do not have administrative privileges and some of the installers do NOT have quot run this program as an administrator quot even as an option so I cannot install some software even though I have as much administrative permissions as I think is possible Is there a reason why the only user account on the computer wouldn't be seen as an administrator even though I have myself set as an administrator Thanks in advance

A:My administrative account is not allowing administrative priveleges

Welcome
Perhaps you can add "run as" yourself
Run as administrator - Add to MSI File Context Menu

You may also be interested in the hidden adminstrator
Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable[2]=User Accounts

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/218183-my-administrative-account-not-allowing-administrative-priveleges.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I am the only user on this computer and when i try to delete a folder from the hard drive it doesent let me. It says that i don't have administrative priveleges to do it. Same thing happened when i tried compressing my hard drive. Please help me get full control of my computer. (i never used a forum before)

A:Administrative Priveleges

Does it happen with all the files or just one?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/233342-administrative-priveleges.html
Relevancy 79.98%

In Vista Ultimate, after using system restore (which like everybody on the planet I've used many times before with no adverse effects), I suddenly find my administrative rights unavailable, gone, on a hell-bound train, nada, disintegrated by cybercriminals, gone south. Not being able to uninstall programs is when I first realized my dilemma, and this was confirmed when I attempted other actions that were formerly routine and uncomplicated. I tried a few suggestions by googling, then following the most coherent approaches. None worked. Can you guys (and/or savvy girls) help an old greyhair out? Many thanks in advance!

cyberpilot77 ([email protected])

A:How do I regain administrative rights?

There's a built-in Administrator account "hidden" in Vista. All the info on how to do this is on this link

Hope it helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-regain-administrative-rights.944880/
Relevancy 78.26%

Very recently while looking for information accounts? do administrative I over regain user privileges How about how to get to an account with Administrator privileges on my desktop I read that one should have at least one Administrator-level account in addition to the Administrator account that's hidden by default Wish I'd known this awhile back when I was reading a lot of articles about security that suggested that one should never use an administrator account for day-to-day operations Nowhere How do I regain administrative privileges over user accounts? in the articles I was reading did it say anything about keeping one non-hidden admin account and not realizing that I was doing something that was going to mess me up later I changed my original account from Administrator to Standard User Now I find that by doing that I have lost administrative access to all user accounts I have tried from both my Standard account and the hidden administrator account to change my Standard account type back to Administrator but the Change Account Type button grays out and it defaults back to Standard User I have tried creating a new Admin-type account same result I am the only user of this computer and it is in a home setting How do I return my Standard account to Administrator or create a new account with Administrative privileges i e a non-hidden Administrative privileges account that doesn't entail removing and reinstalling Windows The change took place too long ago to simply revert to the pre-change state Googling how to do this has yielded no info except to suggest things that only work if one has not already deleted or changed that original non-hidden admin account Can anyone tell me how to do this or point me to where I might find such info

A:How do I regain administrative privileges over user accounts?

Maybe two ways to do this.

Not sure if this will work but type CMD in the search box. Right Click and select Run as Administrator.  Type the following command

net user administrator /active:yes

Logout.  If you do not see the Hidden Administrator account reboot.

Edit: you can disable the Hidden Administrator account by typing the following at an elevated command prompt

net user administrator /active:no

The second way is to use a bootable disk and enable the Administrator Account Offline. See this guide and video. Do not reset a password but only enable the administrator account.

Edit: I read your post again. If you have access to the Hidden Adminstrator Account I have no idea why you cannot change your non-admin accounts to admin. The Hidden Administrator Account is considered a super user account and should allow you to change your accounts. The newest version of the program listed in my links also allows you to upgrade your accounts to admin.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602579/how-do-i-regain-administrative-privileges-over-user-accounts/
Relevancy 74.39%

heya everyone here's my problem i formatted my friend's pc for him and everything went smoothly i installed all the drivers and everything and nothing seemed wrong he had a norton anti-virus license so i no priveleges!!! admin installed that for him too i even updated norton and did a full scan this was days back yesterday he called me and when i went over i found that the run command button was missing in the start menu and if i try to call up task no admin priveleges!!! manager it returns a message box with quot Your Administrator has disabled this option no admin priveleges!!! for you quot or something like that i can still run commands using the command prompt in no admin priveleges!!! accessories but the fact that the task manager has been disabled is what's worrying me he has only two user accounts and both are administrators i tried booting up in safe mode and logged into the master administrator account but the problems were still there he mainly uses video-editing software so that's the only kind of programs that i installed for him and when i did everything was fine his configuration is as follows Pentium mhz mb ram gb hdd mb Geforce

A:no admin priveleges!!!

Hello

This will help to restore the run command:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/norun.reg

And this for task manger:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs...askmanager.reg

Are you sure he is not infected?

What are the video editing programs?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-admin-priveleges-170440.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I've already ran ATF Cleaner SmitfraudFix RogueRemover but when I try to run SuperAntiSpyware it tells me the admin has blocked me from installing I have been advised to post a HijackThis log Admin Some Blocked Priveleges Pups, for assistance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Pups, Some Admin Priveleges Blocked v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS REPAIR System smss exeC WINDOWS REPAIR system winlogon exeC WINDOWS REPAIR system services exeC WINDOWS REPAIR system lsass exeC WINDOWS REPAIR system svchost exeC WINDOWS REPAIR System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS REPAIR Explorer EXEC WINDOWS REPAIR system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS REPAIR system netdde exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS REPAIR system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS REPAIR system hkcmd exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS REPAIR System dllhost exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Kontiki KService exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEC WINDOWS REPAIR System tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS REPAIR System snmp exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEC WINDOWS REPAIR System svchost exeC WINDOWS REPAIR System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS REPAIR System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS REPAIR system MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS REPAIR System svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS REPAIR System drivers sysdrv exeC WINDOWS REPAIR System winlogon scrR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C windows system blank htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C windows system blank htmO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO CBho Class - F DA -FADE- CB- F-E E DEF BCA - C WINDOWS REPAIR system pgd dllO - BHO AcroIEHelper - F CFA - - -A -B E - C windows REPAIR system AcroIEHelper dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS REPAIR system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS REPAIR system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX ExeO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run osCheck quot C Program Files Norton AntiVirus osCheck exe quot O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeO - HKCU Run StartUp C WINDOWS REPAIR trayicons exe optimize speedO - HKCU Run main C WINDOWS REPAIR System drivers sysdrv exeO - HKCU Run default C Documents and Settings Angelina scvhost exeO - HKCU RunOnce ati C Documents and Settings Angelina scvhost exeO - HKCU RunOnce sysinit C WINDOWS REPAIR System drivers sysdrv exeO - Global Startup Event Reminder lnk C Program Files PrintMaster Platinum Remind exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTMLO - Extra context menu item Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert link target to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECaptureSelLinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll... Read more

A:Pups, Some Admin Priveleges Blocked

Hi and welcome,

Sorry for delay. We are burried in logs.

If you still need help please post fresh hijackthis log here.
KLet me know if things have changed at all.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/122338/pups-some-admin-priveleges-blocked/
Relevancy 72.67%

I'm flummoxed. I'm trying to install Adobe CS5, and even though I've tried:
1) right click installer, "Run as administrator"
2) activate Vista "hidden" Admin account from CMD line and try running install from that account

Install still balks and says "You must have administrator priveleges to install this software".

Any ideas? Vista Ultimate x64. My Win7 discs will be here Weds., so this may fix the problem!

Relevancy 72.67%

I ve dealt with trojans and viruses before Most are pretty quick to destroy my computer This one isnt so much bad as it is annoying I could be getting keylogged but atm thats the least of my worries I cant use task manager at the moment quot task manager has been disabled by your administrator quot Im the only one to use my computer and by all technical means I m the admin Ive checked my log in tried making a new screen name and nothing of that sort seems to help Sadly this quot malware quot has stopped me from install any virus software on computer own Lost priveleges my Admin I have to try and counter it I use Windowx XP Service Pack My desktop has an error that will pop up even whlie playing a game The quot pop up quot warning that comes up all with no internet is quot a possible threat quot quot Trojan-Downloader Win Mutant ayl quot Once again I m unable to use typical means of stopping processes am unable to install anti virus software and get a warning every - minutes about a possible threat same one any help would be deeply appreciated ty this is my logfile sorry if im supposed to provide a link instead I m new to this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Lost Admin priveleges on my own computer WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system uoyzsydz exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS faceback exe C PROGRA PPATCH wuauboot exe C Documents and Settings Rick Application Data crosoft m hta exe C Program Files VnrBlock VnrBlock exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Documents and Settings Rick My Documents GrabIt Downloads HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system uoyzsydz exe O - BHO getsn msiesn - A CA C-BF A- - - E FC E - C WINDOWS system getsn dll O - BHO no name - b e f- - d d-a - e b - no file O - BHO no name - DF BED C- F - -FF D- CA E BD EC - C WINDOWS system kovoxdku dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run lphc tj er t C WINDOWS system lphc tj er t exe O - HKLM Run SMrhc tj er t C Program Files rhc tj er t rhc tj er t exe O - HKLM Run runner C WINDOWS faceback exe A B BBF B B E C C A E C A O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Lite quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe quot -autorun O - HKCU Run Veoh quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exe quot VeohHide O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Siuo quot C PROGRA PPATCH wuauboot exe quot -vt yazb O - HKCU Run Hkf quot C D... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-admin-priveleges-on-my-own-computer.747010/
Relevancy 71.81%

this is for my brother he has lost all admin privileges and would like to get them back, how this happened he was doing a virus scan and it was taking an excessive amount of time and he wanted to stop it but it would not stop so he just turned off his computer when he restarted it booted in what he says was OTS mode with no admin rights. Is there a way he can recover admin rights???
thanks Garyd

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/regain-admin-rights-1050898.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I left on vacation over the past weekend. Upon my arrival home, I went to my computer to check my mail. I noticed a second account but thought nothing of it on the log-in screen. Later, as I am trying to update my programs such as iTunes, I come to find out that my administrator privileges are gone. My roommate has confessed to changing adding an administrator account and demoting my account. However, the password he set was from a random password generator and is only recorded in a text file on the desktop of the admin account. How do I regain my administrative privileges on the computer and delete the other account?

I have an HP Pavillion p7-1207c.
I have tried restoring the system from a backup, but that requires an admin's permission.
All help is gladly accepted.

A:How do I regain Admin privileges?

Not a smart guy... that roommate of yours!

User Account Password - Change from WinRE

In step 7 do:

Code:
net user name_of_admin_account *
Now give the name_of_admin_account a new password so you can logon. Now you can give the other acount admin priviliges. You can delete the name_of_admin_account when logged on as admin account. Step 8 to 13 aren't needed of course

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/283719-how-do-i-regain-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 71.81%

this is for my brother he has lost all admin privileges and would like to get them back, how this happened he was doing a virus scan and it was taking an excessive amount of time and he wanted to stop it but it would not stop so he just turned off his computer when he restarted it booted in what he says was OTS mode with no admin rights. Is there a way he can recover admin rights???
thanks Gary

A:regain admin rights

I too have this issue. Windows 10 allowed my only active user, which was also an admin, to remove itself from the administrator group. I don't think past versions of Windows allowed this to occur. The OS would see the only active administrator account was about to remove its own admin permissions...and prompt the user that this can't happen.

How can windows 10 allow this!?!?

I'm currently looking for a fix or hack to remediate a gross oversight by Win10 pro.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/25144-regain-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 70.95%

My Win Vista PC was recently attacked by a virus thru internet browser which resulted in stange, slow behavior with all CPU bandwith hogged. I booted from BartPE prebuilder CD which I've used successfully before, and ran McAfee stinger.exe which came up clean. I then booted from WinVista CD and did a system restore to a date before virus attack. That was successful and PC booted up fine, but now my account type has been changed from admin to standard user, and the control panel users & passwords utility won't let me change it back to admin. My wireless network connection is also dead. Please advise.
Thanks,
Wazoomr

A:Admin priveleges removed by virus, no wireless Internet.

Hello, see if this gets your connection back.Try this--open control, internet options, connections tab, lan settings, uncheck the box next to "use proxy...." ORGo to Start ... Run and type in cmdA dos Window will appear.Type in the dos window: netsh winsock resetClick on the enter key.Reboot your system to complete the process.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343401/admin-priveleges-removed-by-virus-no-wireless-internet/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi

I created a new account for myself and made it an admin account. I then removed the admin priviliges in my sisters account. Somehow now both are standard user accounts and anything i try to do is blocked by an admin password.

Noone has ever entered a password for the admin accounts so i have no idea what this could be. It is not giving me a hint or any help at all.

I would rather not have to reboot the whole thing as it's very time consuming.

A:How to regain access to UAC (Admin passwords)

It sounds like you're trying to hack your sisters PC and I don't think you'll get help here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/249299-how-regain-access-uac-admin-passwords.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi guys,

I recently did a reinstall and I remember there was a way to make my default account have complete control of windows, with full access/rights/permissions/privileges. I did search for it but couldn't find it. Can someone guide me to it.

Thanks.

A:Get complete control, true admin, full rights and priveleges

Hello thegr8anand,

Other than using the built-in elevated "Administrator" account, you could use the tutorial below to elevate your account.

User Account Control (UAC) - Elevate Privilege Level - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/273838-get-complete-control-true-admin-full-rights-priveleges.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I just recently reconnected my computer to the internet and it has quickly gotten bogged down with malware. I've got McAffee, but it is pretty worthless. I disabled iexplorer by brute force (deleting files) and that solved most popup problems. However, I still have some nasty program that has hidden my control panel, and does not let me add/remove programs, chance times and dates, mess with the desktop, etc. My task manager is still working at least, but that is about it. I have no clue where to start... something keeps closing down spybotSD before it even has a chance to install.

O benevolent tech support guys, help me please!

A:Solved: Disabled control panel, loss of admin priveleges, etc. HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-disabled-control-panel-loss-of-admin-priveleges-etc-help.642039/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have just installed an 128gb ssd drive on my desktop computer. I'm using it mainly as a system disk with my old hard drive as the place where i'm installing most of my general program files.

I'm having lots of issues with admin rights when installing some software and deleting some old programmes. I have spent ages with 'take ownership', enabled hidden admin rights and generally have edited permissions in various security tabs.

I've had W7 installed on this pc before using my DVD and never had these issues before. Everything has just installed smoothly.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

Its making me grumpy!

A:Can't install software due to admin priveleges on new win 7 install

Your Ant-virus or Firewall may be causing the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/269851-cant-install-software-due-admin-priveleges-new-win-7-install.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I am using windows 7 starter. i am the administrator of my PC. I am the only user on my PC. but i do not have the administrative priviledges. i cant even copy anything to C and D drives because i do not have the write privileges.Please help me...... when i right click on computer, and say manage, a message such as "Windows cannot find "". Make sure that you have typed the name correctly and try again" is displayed. i do not have even the right to install anything.

A:Problem with the administrative priviledges even though the admin

1. Control Panel

2. User Accounts

3. Change account type

4. Administrator

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325797-problem-administrative-priviledges-even-though-admin.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey,
I need to change an allowed program from the firewall on my laptop (Win 7 64 bit), but when I go to the menu where I would go in and allow the program, the 'Change Settings' button is grayed out.. and I'm an administrator. Any help for how to be able to click that button?

A:Administrative options grayed out on an admin account??

I hope this is not the problem?

Windows Firewall Settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/149652-administrative-options-grayed-out-admin-account.html
Relevancy 59.77%

i want to disable this feature as i found a way to bypass my internet filter but i dnt want to be tempted to bypass it again i put it on myself but is there anyway to disableaccess to it via the registry or anything please help

A:how do i disable access to administrative tools in windows 7 as admin

Quote: Originally Posted by dragonx

i want to disable this feature as i found a way to bypass my internet filter but i dnt want to be tempted to bypass it again i put it on myself but is there anyway to disableaccess to it via the registry or anything please help

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/367162-how-do-i-disable-access-administrative-tools-windows-7-admin.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I play an online game in which you can connect to differrent serevers to play. It has an anti-cheat and if I enable it, it doesnt let me play saying i have been kicked due to lack of 'O/S priveleges'. I asked someone else and they said I have to be on adminstrator and I already am but still no luck. Any ideas?

A:O/S priveleges

Which Online Game is it?
What is an anti-cheat?
Did the anti-cheat come with the game or did you DL it seperate?

What I am thinking is that you downloaded the anti-cheat seperate and the servers for the game realize that it is a non-approved add-on and won't allow you on.

The same thing happens on XBOX LIVE if you mod your XBOX or put on Linux. Sounds like you modded the orig game and the servers from the company don't allow that so they give you a bogus error msg.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/o-s-priveleges-51422.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I just got win2k and installed some of my favorite games/programs using administrative priveleges. When logging in as anything less than administrator some programs aren't there. How can I copy my profile to another user name without admin priveleges? I want to be able to have the same applications available as the admin. profile but under a more secure power user profile.

A:user priveleges

By "not there", do you mean that there are no icons on the desktop and/or shortcuts under the Start-Programs menu. Both can be fixed easily. Log as Admin, Open Explorer and move the icons from the administrator\desktop folder to the all users\desktop folder and the shortcuts from the administrator\start menu\programs folder to all users\<same>. Unless the prgrams loaded such that only the current logged on user has permissions (usually a checkbox during setup), then this should work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-priveleges.42353/
Relevancy 47.3%

I got a new PC in October this year It came with XP HoMe which I upgraded to XP pro I have a few websites that I chose to stay logged into indefinitely as I Help Priveleges/Logon am the only person with Access to this PC Even if I close my browser or reboot I was always still logged in to my fav forums etc but since getting this PC every so often with no warning Priveleges/Logon Help I find myself logged out of all these sites and have to relogin and even retype passwords My username etc is still in the drop down I checked my Event log viewer and in the quot security quot there Priveleges/Logon Help is a ton of entries I never ever had any on my old PC all related to logon I checked one clicked on more info and it reads as such Component Security Event Log Symbolic Name SE AUDITID ASSIGN SPECIAL PRIV Message Special privileges assigned to new logon User Name Domain Logon ID Assigned Explanation This event record indicates Priveleges/Logon Help that a privilege that is not auditable on an individual-use basis has been assigned to a user s security context at logon Certain privileges have security implications Assigning such privileges to a user who is not trusted can be a security risk Some privileges are used so frequently that auditing their every use would flood the audit log with useless noise For example SeChangeNotifyPrivilege is also used to bypass traverse access checking This privilege is granted to all users in a normal system configuration and is used multiple times for each file opened This audit event record is intended to warn an administrator that such a privilege has been assigned User Action The person with administrative rights for the computer should make sure the user should have the special privileges assigned Click to expand This is something I know next to nothing about Any idea how I can get this to stop happening I know its not exactly urgent problem but its driving me nuts as I have a dreadful memory for passwords etc thanks for any help LV nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/priveleges-logon-help.523320/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am attempting to install Calibre on a Win 8.1 machine.
It downloads fine but during installation I am told the installer does not have sufficient privileges, and to sign on as adminstrator.

There is only one user on that machine, and it has admin privileges.
I gave it a password, but that did not help. I took control of the downloaded file, with no success.

I wanted to post a picture of the error but Win 8.1 seems to have lost the snipping tool.

So how does an Administrator give himself administator privileges?

I have Calibre installed on a win 7 machine with no issues.

error message:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/adminsitrator-priveleges-1047546.html
Relevancy 47.3%

i am running windows 7 home premium,and am trying to install corel draw x4,but it will install to 65% and a dialog will pop up stating...error 1920.Service Protexis Licening v2 failed to start verify that i have suffecient priveleges to start the service...additionally when i go to services i dont even see the protexis service...nor do i see it anywhere on my computer.... i sm the only person who uses this laptop i have no other account,i sometimes feel this isnt my computer,because i get these dialogs alot...i even tried to go to C and properties to change the owner/security settings...someone please help me gain ownership of the computer i paid for....thank you so much in advance

A:acquiring priveleges in win 7

Have you tried this solution from Corel? http://corel.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/762101/~/error-1920.-protexis-licensing-failed-to-start.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384523/acquiring-priveleges-in-win-7/
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently installed a wireless home network in the process I mistakenly changed my user priveleges to power user from admininstrator. I am now in a quandry as I require the admininstrator privelege to change it back. Any suggestions on how I can restore the priveleges would be greatly appreciated. I have a feeling I am hooped.

A:Administrator Priveleges

duplicate post, those wishing to respond, do so here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=160778

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/administrator-priveleges.160781/
Relevancy 47.3%

HELP! I have just been reorganising my files and folders in My Documents. I have created a new folder and selected and dragged numerous files that I wanted in that folder.
The trouble is now, that I get an error dialogu box comng up "word cannot open this document : user does not have access priveleges"
I am the only user on the laptop, and I am also the computer administrator.
I cant even drag the files back to where they were to open them (same error message), so Im a bit B*&^%dy stuck!!!
Can anyone offer any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-user-priveleges.707019/
Relevancy 47.3%

The PC for a friend of mine is (unfortunately) running Vista, and is slow as a dog. I will probably have Windows 7 installed on the PC, but would like to see what hardware is on it and was unable to do so via Control Panel / System. No one in his family is computer savvy, and only one of them knew their password to log on to the system at startup. That signon apparently does not have supervisor privileges, so I was unable to even examine the hardware speed or update the software at the Microsoft site.

Is there any way that I can obtain supervisor privileges on this system? Is there any relatively easy way to speed up Vista?

Thanks.

Relevancy 46.44%

I m running Dell inspiron celeron R dual-core cpu T ghz ghz gb bit operating system I am having a major problem with administrator privileges I have been having this for a while now my computer is acting very slow which is uncharictaristic of it Also when I go to run anything as administrator it s allowing me to however when I try to do something that asks for working priveleges not? but Administrator administrator privileges it pops up with something like an unexpected error has occured For example run cmd prompt as administrator works just fine however when Administrator priveleges working but not? I go to uninstall Administrator priveleges working but not? a program I get the message An error occurred while trying to uninstall Ask Toolbar It may have already been uninstalled would you like to remove Ask Toolbar from the Programs and Feathures list I have tried to Administrator priveleges working but not? uninstall everything on my list but it wont work same message for everything I tried to download stuff specifically to see if I could uninstall them I downloaded a trial version of AVG then went to uninstall it nothing example I run magic the gathering as administrator works fine I try to reset my wireless network adapter and get an unexpected error has occured And it still lets me install things or run programs Also it says my blank CD s are of an unrecognized format no matter what brand or kind I put in so I cant burn a system restore disc as I have lost mine I ve gone to the advanced boot options and tried every key combination known to man it wont let me onto the system restore mode I tried just running system restore and that looks good until the final step System Restore did not complete successfully Your computer s system files and settings were not changed Details An error was detected in the Volume Shadow Copy Service VSS The problem occurred while trying to contact VSS writers Please verify that the Event System service and the VSS service are running and check for associated errors int the event logs x over and over no matter which restore point I pick I ve run the actual full version of AVG and registry booster and malwarebytes anti-malware I cant seem to get it fixed no matter what It won t let me take anything off my computer wont let me burn a system CD I ve spent all my money on programs to fix it I have important things saved on this and I am completely and totally flustered If anyone knows what the problem is or how I can fix it I will erect statues in your honor I have spent days googling and nothing is like this on the net that i can find they always have the same solutions that dont work I do not want go do the advanced boot menu using f f and system restore from there It does not work Run cmd as administrator and turn on administrator account log onto it and uninstall or do whatever That too does not work the administrators account has the same problems please help me if you can someone nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I have one account set up, but when I try to run a small number of programs, I get error messages stating: 'You'll need Administrator privileges in order to continue'

This is frustrating as I am logged on as the administrator!

Please can you suggest a cause/solution?

Thank you for your help,

Rob

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello good people of Bleepingcomputer I was referred here by a friend and was told you are alot of help My problem is with my new laptop running Windows I am trying to open a couple different applications and am being denied access although I am listed as quot Administrator quot I followed a step-by-step to change my access by allowing myself to have quot Full Control quot but when it goes through files many of them say quot Access Denied quot and I have to click quot Ok quot a thousand times I fear that I ve already picked up something nasty on my machine I have downloaded Spybot and it s giving me the below Administrator Priveleges Do Have Full Not information after clicking the quot Fix Above quot button -An error occured while trying to archive into the quarantine Cannot create file quot C Quarantine reg quot Access is denied -An error occured while trying to archive into the quarantine Do Not Have Full Administrator Priveleges Cannot create file quot C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy Quarantine reg quot Access is denied The second one repeats more times Please any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Ric

A:Do Not Have Full Administrator Priveleges

Did you install Spy Bot Search and Destroy with admin rights?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414575/do-not-have-full-administrator-priveleges/
Relevancy 46.01%

I picked up a virus that has disabled all administrator priveleges on my system Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C priveleges administrator all Virus killed WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe Virus killed all administrator priveleges C PROGRA Virus killed all administrator priveleges Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Antivirus navapsvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe Virus killed all administrator priveleges C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Antivirus SAVScan exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA DATACA FLashKsk exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Password Manager AcctMgr exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Uniblue SpyEraser SpyEraser exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe C Program Files Belkin Nostromo nost LM exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C hjt HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www martiancartel com wp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by StarBand R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Antivirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run Jet Detection quot C Program Files Creative SBLive PROGRAM ADGJDet exe quot O - HKLM Run DataCaching C PROGRA DATACA FLashKsk exe O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe O - HKLM ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/virus-killed-all-administrator-priveleges-202903.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently installed a wireless home network. In the process of doing this I mistakenly changed the permissions for my user to power user eliminating my administrator permissions I am now in a quandry as I have no idea how to regain administrator priveleges as I need administrator priveleges to do this. Anyone out there with any suggestions? I am running windows 2000 professional.

Relevancy 46.01%

I have some serious issues with my RAM. I have a 256MB chip and even though my computer sits idle with no programs running, I still only have between 25 and 66 MB's available at any given time. Why is that and ow do I get it fixed???

Relevancy 45.58%

I received a "Please login with administrator privileges" message when I tried to open up a game I saved to my cpu. The operating sysem is windows 7 on a hp pavillion 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/quot-Please-login-with-adminstrator-priveleges-message-pops/td-p/5677410
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey everyone, need some help.

So I installed Windows 7 on my laptop and realised my personal files were still encrypted using EFS.

I imported the EFS cert but its not letting me decrypt the files. It is telling me the users who have access is "1" which was my vista username.

How can I use the private key to decrypt the files?

Thanks

A:Regain access - EFS

PT

have you tired to take ownership of the files? before you do anything I would backup if the info is improtant. \the encryption may use GUID's that are specific to the machine and OS. If it does the only way to access the files is to decrypt them (in vista) then re-encrypt them in win 7

hope this helps

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/251050-regain-access-efs.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Alright so regain sanity... Help me here is the deal A couple of days ago I bought a new computer toshiba satellite m It has gigs of ram Pentium reg dual core and the typical intel shared graphics card So I have been using my schools wireless lately which is kind of shady but works pretty well most of the time Anyways - the nearest wireless router is Help me regain sanity... somewhat far away so I typically only get bars in my room However even with bars on a t connection I am only getting mbps up down But my roomate for some reason has a sony with gigs ram and same processor has an upload download speed of mbps and he is only getting bars The only real difference between are computers is his is bit and mine is I know because mine is I am unable to hook up to the school printers but i dont know if this would effect wireless speed or not Please just help me figure out why my computer is running times slow I have installed all the windows updates uninstalled my wireless drivers and re-installed the most current ones I just dont know lol Thanks guys

A:Help me regain sanity...

Welcome to BC

Change the channel of your wireless device. Try changing them to 1, 6 and 11 (standard channels in USA). See if it improves your signal strength. Just use hit and try technique. Keep the channel that gives best results.

I hope it helps you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/240633/help-me-regain-sanity/
Relevancy 44.72%

Problem So my dad left Adminstrator Access Can't Regain his personal laptop out the other night without plugging it in Needless to say the battery drained down and when he started it back Can't Regain Adminstrator Access up he is no longer able to perform most basic of tasks such as opening up the C drive in My Computer accessing System Restore deleting pictures Can't Regain Adminstrator Access opening Spybot S amp D and a bunch of other applications files All we get are quot Access is denied quot or Can't Regain Adminstrator Access quot You do not have proper administrative rights quot pop ups Also his antivirus software says that some installation files must be reinstalled My Attempts First I tried to give the laptop a cold restart by powering down unplugging removing battery So when I rebooted I noticed that nothing had changed kept getting quot Access is denied quot but I saw that the little Windows Update Icon Install updates and shut down your computer was in the Start Menu So I tried this I m not sure if Windows was downloading updates when the battery died He has Windows set up so that Updates download but do not automatically install Again I rebooted and nothing I tried to access System Restore and User Account controls but they kept giving the warning quot Access is denied quot or just not opening Then I started in Safe Mode and this allowed me access to System Restore but I still couldn t open C drive and a bunch of other items that have the Windows shield next to it I ultimately used a restore point from a few days ago when things were working alright and I have no access and am still getting quot Access is denied quot pop-ups Things were working fine before this battery drain incident happened What I Need What should can I do to restore access to all folders files applications and get the computer running again Your help is very much appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

i accidently deleted my fovourite game

A:do u know how to regain deleted files

Hi and welcome. How about re-installing it?

Also, moving you to game forum as this question really isn't a tip or trick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-u-know-how-to-regain-deleted-files.189696/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi sorry for tagging along to this thread but I have almost the same problem I cannot access internet from my Router I access router Help to my regain have g n and ac radios operating separately and I am trying to setup networks nac GHz on an ASUS RT-AC U nac GHz on an ASUS RT-AC Help regain access to my router U g on an old Help regain access to my router Buffalo Airstation Giga Nifty WZR-G IP telephone line on a RT-S HI router I would like all clients to see each other and share media Networks and are running but Network is broadcasting but not connected to the Help regain access to my router internet and the phone is dead Setup now is Modem to ASUS via WAN and ASUS to Buffalo via LAN and finally ASUS to RT-S via LAN How should I setup the routers - In parallel from the modem Can a single modem WAN port be split into lines - WAN HUB - In series as I have now - How else - Should I broadcast a single ISSID for all networks - Should every network broadcast its own ISSID - Should the wireless routers have the same network name - Should the wireless routers be assigned different network names I am trying to set the Buffalo as bridge on ASUS but I am messing up some other settings I am sure bcs the Buffalo radio broadcasts but is not connected to internet Buffalo IPconfig all log at the bottom I disconnected everything Cleaned PC cache switched off PC and router Restarted PC and router reset Buffalo reset button Rebooted buffalo again Connected only PC LAN to Router LAN via Ethernet Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tommaso Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter LAN Laptop Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - -A - -B -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday October PM Lease Expires Friday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Thanks in advance for your time and help Tommaso nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I have some database files. Title .dbf damaged. I think that my files are damaged or do not you? What should I do to regain access?

A:What should I do to regain access to dbf files?

If you are not able to access database files, its means that your access database file is corrupted or damaged due to this reason your access file is inaccessible. To repair corrupt access database file, you can use compact and repair features. If this method is fail, then try access database recovery software. I have used access database recovery software many times and got 100% recovery back.
Find more information http://www.pctechbytes.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48169-what-should-i-do-to-regain-access-to-dbf-files/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588218/what-should-i-do-to-regain-access-to-dbf-files/
Relevancy 44.72%

by mistake i deleted all data from recovery(D). i want to regain that data.what i want to fo plz help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/regain-data-in-recovery-D/td-p/5743223
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello to all I was wondering if someone can please please help me fix my laptop I own to Please access help laptop!!!!!!! me regain my an HP dv nr laptop with Please help me regain access to my laptop!!!!!!! Windows XP Media Center Edition and it normally worked fairly well until one day Please help me regain access to my laptop!!!!!!! I came home and found it turned off Please help me regain access to my laptop!!!!!!! as I usually leave it on with the screen saver running so I can have easy access as the start-up takes forever Whenever I started the laptop as normal it would go to the XP login screen but my username was no longer listed and the screen is blue with only a small Microsoft Windows XP logo on the background The laptop won t start in safe mode of any kind I select the option and it acts like it ll start but brings me back to the screen to select safe mode safe mode with networking and safe mode with command prompt Selecting all of those options do the same thing and just bring back to the select screen It won t work either in the Last Known Good Configurations option At the blue login screen with the XP logo I ve tried control alt delete many times but nothing comes up at all so I can t login as an administrator I really need to get into my HP as it holds over songs for my itunes school papers and school projects pictures music and other things I highly value Can someone please help me fix my laptop so I can be able to re-sync my ipod and be able to do research and papers for school I would be nothing less than highly and greatly appreciative Sincerely Mahgeetah nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there, great forum you have, I am a comparitive n00b and have a problem as follows:

I have single HDD with
C: XP
D: data
E: empty

I installed Win7 RC to E: and it works great, but now does not give me choice of OS to boot, and E: thinks its now C:

However when I use Win7 or XP install disk to "repair" it shows Win7 still in E: and XP in C:

So I tried BCDEDIT as googled below
Windows 7 and Vista (and XP) Simple Multi-Boot Guide Installing Windows XP :: TweakTown

However BCDEDIT "cannot find file specified", google (in relation to Vista actually) says its because Win7 partition is not active in order for BCDEDIT to work. Windows only allows 1 active partition per disk.

This is what storage manager shows from Win7

So how do I get WinXP back as a bootup choice?

Thankyou for any help

A:Dualboot problem: Cant regain XP

Win7 force your "E" partition to be recognized as"C" (Vista did same thing)
Try to go to system properties, then in advanced system settings, then to advance, then to startup and recovery and see if you have XP in system startup.

Probable solution:
Try to install XP first on "E" partition & then Win7 on "C" partition...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/19627-dualboot-problem-cant-regain-xp.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Initial I drive OS recover Regain found good performance for years Now I have noticed slow performance Sudenly notebook was screened blank After hours it was ON but i found very very slow performance To solve i have choosen defender to scan whole system but my decicion was in vain Later i have choosen OS refresh as my second attempy I found it was sucessful for next two days Later the system was back to nbsp perform slow agian Again I have to choose refresh this time it didnt went well so I have to backup my important data and restore my OS using hp assistant support Even it Regain OS recover drive didnt work well as i faced an error stating that IMAGE AUTHENTICATION FAILED PRESS OK TO CONTINUE Regain OS recover drive When pressed OK notebook was downed to OFF So I decided to boot my notebook finally As I read in hp support articles that it was due to some virus actions i have decided to format all the data in my notebook Unfortunately I have choosen recover drive also in an overlook Now I need to recover my recover drive or need a best way to regain my WINDOWS OS Please find a best way nbsp nbsp Even I have to replace my hard disk so if i extend my warranty will it be profitable to regain harddisk and OS at a time nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Regain-OS-recover-drive/td-p/5803327
Relevancy 44.72%

hi My laptop has partitions C and E F and G I previousy used a file copy backup software without any problems at all until adjust =>> Copy code740 File Priveleges - error token i installed Folder File Copy - error code740 =>> adjust token Priveleges Lock and maybe usb lock But did not use the software to lock or unlock any files or drives But has suddenly developed the problem where i need further permissions as u can see in the capture shot Says quot error code the requested operation requires elevation adjust token Priveleges quot HOW TO AND the E F and G drives are all having the same problem Unable to copy the files its only File Copy - error code740 =>> adjust token Priveleges a straight forward copy of files its not acronis etc who package the files into large file and i receive the same popup message for each drive AND drive E's icon is now a piece of A with the right had top corner turned over HOW to return the permissions back to orig state Have tried right clicking and changing the permissions there Still doesnt work thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4254cf11-cdbe-4fb3-b8a3-111cd25ff0bd/file-copy-error-code740-gtgt-adjust-token-priveleges?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi

I need to set a folder on a server at work to be accessible as read only or full access depending on the password. The server is running Windows 98 SE but the client computers are using windows XP home. The trouble is that the windows XP home computers dont ask for passwords when i try to access the folder. Is it possible to make the windows XP home computers ask for a password when i try to access the folder across the network to secure the folder?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-network-priveleges-on-a-windows-98-server-that-will-protect-folders-on-xp.44754/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Major problem with Win 7

Never noticed it all the while i was trialing it but now i brought a copy the fun begins.

My temp file has somehow become locked hence certain progs that run cannot write to it

Even though i am the only one on this computer and everyone has full access to the temp file it still locks everything down

So i go through and unlock each file individually and set everything by unchecking read only

No sooner do i navigate away from the folder WIN7 in its infinate wisdom decides to lock everything down again

Hence programs like my budgeting software which uses temp folder and cannot be changed wont work properly

And even some downloads if i dont right click and save as wont download all because of this locked down folder?

Help me spmeone please

A:Locked folder and cannot regain control

Try Taking Ownership of the Folder.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locked-folder-and-cannot-regain-control.965687/
Relevancy 44.29%

I built a new PC with a new C drive for Windows bit OS I had a storage drive D from my old PC and installed it in the new machine Everything was working fine until do regain of my full How drive control ? I D: I messed up the security settings some how on the old D drive I can create and read files and folders but when I try to delete a folder of file made by a program I am denied permission I can right click on the file or folder and gain How do I regain full control of my D: drive ? control and then delete it I recently tried coping file from a cd and now there are folder that I have to manually How do I regain full control of my D: drive ? take control of to delete them I tried to take full control of the drive Windows starts to read all the files on the drive and then stops with the error message quot failed to enumerate objects in the container Access denied and I have to abort the process The drive is formatted as an NTFS file system If I right click on the drive and go to security settings it shows me as having all permissions except quot special permissions quot If I have all the permissions why can't I delete a file or empty folder without having to take possession of each folder manually before I can delete it How can I change the drive security settings so I can stop getting asked permission to delete my files Revans

A:How do I regain full control of my D: drive ?

Rather than beat my head in a similar situation I will copy as much as possible to a different drive then either reformat the problem drive or delete the partition/s on it, recreate then format.

For some things it's necessary to unhide the Administrator account as a User set as Administrator doesn't always have absolute control.
Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/56043-how-do-i-regain-full-control-my-d-drive.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello, I've tried every solution to try to gain access to some files on my computer. I've tried using unlocker, and other right-clicky programs. I've tried removing and re-adding myself to the group with full control via security > Edit...

I'm totally stumped!

Any ideas?

A:Have tried EVERYTHING to regain ownership of files...no luck

Quote: Originally Posted by LustyTrawler

Hello, I've tried every solution to try to gain access to some files on my computer. I've tried using unlocker, and other right-clicky programs. I've tried removing and re-adding myself to the group with full control via security > Edit...

I'm totally stumped!

Any ideas?

Is there a commonality regarding file extensions that are denying access, such as; .doc, .pdf, .jpg, etc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/333857-have-tried-everything-regain-ownership-files-no-luck.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor LE-1620, x64 Family 15 Model 95 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2941 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 142385 MB, Free - 113795 MB; D: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 888177 MB;
Motherboard: ECS, MCP61PM-GM, 2.2 , OEM
Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated and Enabled ; I'm very new with computers and learning the hard way. I was trying to set control access to other users, and for some reason I locked my self out. If I try to open "C" drive I'm told I don't have access. Also get (Microsoft feeds synchronizing has stopped working). Please help. Thank you all in advance for your support and help.

A:Solved: How to regain administrators access:

What do you mean, "If I try to open "C" drive"

What are you using to try and access C drive?

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-regain-administrators-access.949777/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have some database files. Title .dbf damaged. I think that my files are damaged or do not you? What should I do to regain access?

A:What should I do to regain access to damaged .dbf files?

Are your backup copies damaged as well?If not, use those.message edited by phil22

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/what-should-i-do-to-regain-access-to-damaged-dbf-files/19960.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I was forced to replace my OS HDD after a failure. My original configuration was my OS on HDD #1 and then two 1TB HDD set up in raid 1 configuration.

I purchased a Crucial 256gb M4 drive for my OS with the hopes of continuing to use my HDD #2 and HDD #3 as one drive in raid 1 for my data files. Upon reinstall Windows 7 booted right up but no longer were my two drives recognized as one drive. I went into the bios and changed my setting from ACHI to Raid and set the M4 as the first boot device. Upon restart no boot device was located and windows failed to start. I was able to <control-i> into my raid settings and the two 1TB are set up as raid 1 and the M4 is set as non raid drive.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why I am not able to regain my original settings?

A:Can't regain raid 1 configuration on HDD 2 & Hdd 3 after HDD 1 replace

The problem is you installed Windows 7 in AHCI mode when you reinstalled on the SSD. When you switch to
RAID, it needs to be told to use the RAID drivers.

Here's how:

Change the BIOS back to AHCI so that Windows 7 can boot.
I would temporarily disconnect the two 1 TB drives.
Then follow this article.

Error message when you start a Windows 7 or Windows Vista-based computer after you change the SATA mode of the boot drive: "STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE"

After the fix, reboot and now set the BIOS to RAID.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/237374-cant-regain-raid-1-configuration-hdd-2-hdd-3-after-hdd-1-replace.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

The computer that has the seemingly widespread infection is (for some reason) unable to connect to the internet. Im using my laptop instead. I am more then willing to transfer any information, such as logs, from that computer to this computer then onto the fourm.

I recently fully formated my drive due to a massive spread of malware which eventually lead to a blue screen and complete inability to log into windows. I formated and reinstalled all the drivers. Now i have more malware popping up in various forms. i have run adaware and spybot a number of times but with no sucsess(sp). Now i can not access my internet.

I will try to list all of the programs i have downloaded (before the internet went out) to try and clean up the malware:
Adaware 2007
SpywareGuard
Spybot SnD
HijackThis
Norton Antivirus

Any help would be great. Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-infection-can-not-regain-control-need-help.655838/
Relevancy 43.86%

I messed up something so that now I no longer have admin access to the c drive,,,,running windows 7 HELP!

A:regain access and ownership of c drive, windows 7

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489430/regain-access-and-ownership-of-c-drive-windows-7/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am operating a computer on Windows XP which has two disk drives installed on it The first of which C is around GB big The second of which D is around GB big Windows and a heck of a lot of other programs Regain Unable Low Solved: Space Disk To have previously been installed on Drive C up until we kept getting quot Low Disk Space quot balloon I did an Add Remove programs until i was down to practically nothing on the list but had regained no disk space I then went in to the C drive and manually deleted practically everything Windows runs fine although i do still get ALL THE TIME this Low Disk Space message Drive D i must mention has NIL on it I am currently unable Solved: Low Disk Space Unable To Regain to use any programs on the system and can not even perform a quot Windows Update quot I can think myself of various things I could do to resolve this such as reinstall everything on D to use or even format the hard drive and reinstall absolutely everything I would PREFER to avoid this and as am only an IT beginner I would like to ask for anyone that can help that knows their stuff to advise ME on what i should do or even MUST do to be able to continue using this computer system I will answer any questions you need answered in order to give me the correct advice nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Hello Week ago just experienced something very strange while casual surfin' - PC crashed - rebooted and opted options normal start system repaire recommened I don't know exactly what was written but that's basically it The startup repair always failed to identify the problem And normal boot hanged at logo screen Something like Startup repair - Certificate recovery so I had to do something to get PC going again Then after reading forums tried repair with install DVD - certificates regain System to personal Repair? How after I put it in and it offered repair everything went well It's just that I lost profiles of users I had Now Programs are all there up and working fine profiles and data in quot My Docs quot is lost - along with certicates It said it won't touch personal settings so I went on with repair from DVD Now can I get these data back certificates from certificate store imported via IE would be great How to regain personal certificates after System Repair? even better if I would get Documents for each previous users - the pics word is it all lost is it anywhere How to regain personal certificates after System Repair? on the disk Or lost forever I really would need at least certificates I would be very glad for any help Also WHY Why thid this happen It was not a virus or malware sure I think it have something to do with sytem updates and system win not some setting or similar Zorzi

A:How to regain personal certificates after System Repair?

oh yeah: if it helps - since I don't remember every step - but it did show a list of "corrupted" files and offered a fix/replacement.

also, now there is no restore point before that "repair" date...

but I don't get it: it's supposed to be repair, not something in-between: it presevrved apps, but not user profiles, and data saved there - so it's basically useless: data is by far more important then apps....

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228833-how-regain-personal-certificates-after-system-repair.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 43.43%

I hope someone can help me Just this morning i booted up as normal and the always annoying UAC stopped when account admin admin Admin checked! is even being notifications kept Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! popping up I was sure i had disabled these Then i went to use my music software and it said that this account Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! didn't have admin privileges I checked my user account and the check box states that is is an admin account and that UAC is turnd off i only have one account anyways Ive looked on google extensively Tried making new profiles and copy the old one over but that only worked to a certain point - lots of programs didn't work lost mail settings etc Not really workable Tried system restore to no avail Tried using the vista admin account and changing my account - rebooting - etc No change My guess is that something has got Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! corrupt in my user profile and windows is not remembering that i should be an admin I can't use my software and i have a deadline Any one who can help will win a magical prize or something Jen

A:Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked!

Welcome
Should be easy, create a New Administrator account and give it permissions to use the software.
User Account - Create
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html
Procedure for Seven is the Same as For Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294399-admin-account-stopped-being-admin-even-when-admin-checked.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Now that I have successfully installed Windows with no sfc errors, I am wondering what is the best way to take ownership of user folders from previous install.

I have my user folders installed on another drive so when you click on them you get this:

Normally I just click continue and it allows me access, but I wonder if theres a better way to gain access perhaps with take ownership.

A:Proper way to regain ownership of user folders after install

Like you I have just clicked "continue" and then copied what I need. I do not think it is a good idea to try incorporating the old users folders into your new installation in case you pick up some relic from previous installations, I would just copy over what you need to your newly created document and picture folders, etc.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/54740-proper-way-regain-ownership-user-folders-after-install.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I installed Windows Vista Ultimate x64 last night on a 49GB partition of my hard drive, I had Windows XP Pro installed on the rest of the 180GB of space. I cleared that partition after installing Vista, however, I cannot extend my vista partition into the unallocated space.

http://i33.tinypic.com/11lugbp.jpg

Regards

A:Extend Volume - Greyed out, how can I regain unallocated space!

An excellent 3td software, Extend Partition Home Edition can safely and earily increase the C: drive to get more capacity. For more help reference: http://www.extend-partition.com/exte...e-edition.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/extend-volume-greyed-out-how-can-i-regain-unallocated-space-301184.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have an HP M N with Windows XP Media centre After tons of problems with rebooting on its own drive regain then primary windows Partion on Merge taking it to a tech for repair twice with Merge Partion then regain windows on primary drive it still having the same quot rebooting on its own Merge Partion then regain windows on primary drive issue quot I put in the HP recovery cd and decided to wipe it clean and start from scratch and restore it to its quot factory condition quot This went well however now windows is installed on the secondary hard drive that I had had installed months after purchasing the pc rather than the primary hard drive that came with the pc And now both hard drives are partitioned One partition contains the quot HP RECOVERY quot files and the other partion is empty What I would like to do is get windows back onto the drive that came with the pc and off of the one I had later installed for storage I also want to merge the partition that the reinstalling of windows created on that same secondary drive How do I go about merging the GB partition back with the original GB without having to use Partition Magic but using either a free utility or Windows Disk Management Or even a command prompt Will simply reformatting the drive do this I do not care about saving any data or files as right now it is at a state where nothing has been added to it except windows updates And after if I can manage to merge the partition back to that the drive has its original size how do I get windows back onto the primary initial drive Should I disconnect the secondary drive then install windows all over again If I reconnect the drive again after a reinstallation will I need to change anyhting so that it ensures to boot from the primary drive Will I need to change any drive letters or ID s I have downloaded a free program called quot Drive Image XML quot which is supposed to help me clone all files from drive to another I thought I could clone the windows files from the secondary back to the primary drive but it would not do so because it stated the destination drive has to be the same size or larger than the source drive If I could get rid of the partion and regain that space it would be bigger Am I making any sense here I am a beginner at all of this and truly am frustrated I want to do this myself if I can without having to pay another dime just to have my PC malfunction after I was told it was fixed Thanks in advance for any advice or instructions that anyone can give me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/merge-partion-then-regain-windows-on-primary-drive.686034/
Relevancy 43.43%

Now that I have successfully installed Windows with no sfc errors, I am wondering what is the best way to take ownership of user folders from previous install.

I have my user folders installed on another drive so when you click on them you get this:

Normally I just click continue and it allows me access, but I wonder if theres a better way to gain access perhaps with take ownership.

A:Proper way to regain ownership of user folders after install

Like you I have just clicked "continue" and then copied what I need. I do not think it is a good idea to try incorporating the old users folders into your new installation in case you pick up some relic from previous installations, I would just copy over what you need to your newly created document and picture folders, etc.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/54740-proper-way-regain-ownership-user-folders-after-install.html
Relevancy 43%

As the title says you can regain exchange active sync to Google services and make your calendar contacts and mail tiles work again with way sync on Google calendar and contacts Its not free but i rather pay the bucks a year for this service and regain the integrated sync features to Google that they killed making the calendar tile useless I think this even works with Outlook after setting up an exchange account The service is not new and its called Nueva Sync You may try the service for days and the premium subscription Google Active Services to Regain Sync (Not Free) Exchange costs bucks a year It acts as an exchange server quot bridge quot between Google services and Windows or even old nokia phones or any other smartphone Regain Exchange Active Sync to Google Services (Not Free) with exchange capabilities Go to nuevasync com and choose the free trial Then choose Windows Phone and then choose email contacts calendar and tasks Setting up these items one at the time will ask you to give nuevasync access on your Google mail contacts calendar tasks Then on Windows you just need to setup an exchange active sync account on the mail tile enter the nuevasync server details and voila Full way sync of mail contacts calendar and tasks just like it was when Windows was launched and before Google killed exchange active sync support for consumer user

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/54552-regain-exchange-active-sync-google-services-not-free.html
Relevancy 43%

PART More often users report that a Disk Regain a lost Test - An drive Illustrated using Guide hard drive partition is lost not recognised and does not show up in My Computer though it can be seen in the Device Manager and Disk Management This situation typically arises when Windows is reinstalled or an external drive is moved to another PC It is mostly a corrupt missing partition table which is Regain a lost drive using Test Disk - An Illustrated Guide responsible for this and can easily be fixed with the freeware Test Disk Newbies will find this illustrated guide helpful Download the latest version of Test Disk Windows version from http www cgsecurity org wiki TestDisk Download Unzip the downloaded file to Regain a lost drive using Test Disk - An Illustrated Guide your C drive Open C testdisk- right-click the testdisk win exe icon and Run Regain a lost drive using Test Disk - An Illustrated Guide as administrator Click on Yes in the User Account Control Window Use Keyboard s arrow keys to navigate First Window Select No Log and press the ENTER key Second Window Should show up all your drives including the lost drive The capacities should be indicated correctly Then you have life Select the lost drive Proceed ENTER Third Window Select partition type Intel Intel PC partition ENTER Fourth Window Select Analyze ENTER Fifth Window Should show all partition s in the selected lost drive Select Quick Search ENTER Sixth Window Confirm whether the partition was created by Vista Windows Press Y if yes not sure N otherwise No screenshot here since I tried Test Disk for this guide on a Maxtor OneTouch II external drive with a valid partition table You may get this sixth window when trying to fix a lost drive Seventh Window Test Disk should indicate first partition of your lost drive as bootable and quot Structure OK quot Press ENTER to continue Eighth Window Select Write ENTER Ninth window Confirm write partition table by pressing Y Tenth Window Asks you to reboot Press ENTER Close Test Disk and reboot At some stage or other Test Disk may take a long time to scan analyse and process all data necessary to rewrite the partition table Be patient If one looks deeply into the screenshots it will become evident that Test Disk can perform many other tasks like backing up the data in the lost drive fixing a corrupt MBR etc I understand that PhotoRec which is part of this program can recover photo and video files even from an accidentally formatted media Keep this in mind and try should you face such a situation Users who actually tried this program to fix recover may share their experience We can learn from others experiences and help others Note Most content of this thread already appear in another post elsewhere in this forum in response to a query I have now put that in stand-alone thread with added screenshots so that it can be referenced and users can find it easily

A:Regain a lost drive using Test Disk - An Illustrated Guide

Awesome guide. Well done

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/190430-regain-lost-drive-using-test-disk-illustrated-guide.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi there I've been googling around for a bit now looking for a solution to what could be a material issue Randomly my Satellite R freezes suddenly and the fan speed run on full speed This is actually a convenient way to immediately be aware that my computer crashed Everything is frozen the only way to get out is to force shutdown via the power button I've bumped to the same descriptions on numerous of website for different Toshiba models back from It seems the problem is still there I also read testimony of this problem Random control - way no freeze with Satellite R830 regain to full fan speed both for Windows and Linux OS I'm running a Debian Squeeze which doesn't detect anything in the log when the crash happens Sometime it Satellite R830 Random freeze with no way to regain control - full fan speed can be fine for a week but recently the computer freezes at least once a day which is not acceptable for a brand new laptop I'm getting Satellite R830 Random freeze with no way to regain control - full fan speed really concerned whether something will be done soon or if I should ask for an exchange and Satellite R830 Random freeze with no way to regain control - full fan speed pray to be spared I use my laptop on a daily basis for professional purpose so I would definetely prefer another solution I have been waiting for months now and just update my BIOS days ago from Toshiba website with no noticeable improvement the computer crashed times in the last days If anyone managed to get over that problem I would be very thankful for the tip

A:Satellite R830 Random freeze with no way to regain control - full fan speed

Hi

One question: do you have an fingerprint reader?

I found this Toshiba document which describes an issue similar to yours.
The issue might be caused by old fingerprint software? you should update this software in case you?ve got an fingerprint reader.

+Intermittend hang up or freeze of your machine (with possible high rotation FAN) under Windows 7 - 32 Bit / 64 Bit+
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB0C032L0000R01.htm

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?66071-Satellite-R830-Random-freeze-with-no-way-to-regain-control-full-fan-speed
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi to all and sorry for my first post being such a desperate cry for help Two weeks ago I've regain up permissions, messed access and ownership lost C: drive Completely can't done something very very stupid very similar to what JonBastyan talked about in this thread SOLVED Completely messed up drive C: permissions, lost access and can't regain ownership Access Denied - Fully Difference is my Completely messed up drive C: permissions, lost access and can't regain ownership OS is Win but I think that most of the help given to Jon Win Vista also applies to Win I managed to make an awful mess while trying to establish different permissions for different OS so that my Win partition couldn't access my Win partition and while trying to solve that problem I only got things worse and now I'm at a point where I'm pretty desperate So after doing a thorough search all over the web Completely messed up drive C: permissions, lost access and can't regain ownership I found that thread and I thought it could help me and I know that reinstall is always an option but I'd prefer to solve the problem I'm stubborn I honestly think I'm getting closer to find the solution to my problem and regaining ownership of my C drive but when executing some commands suggested by jenae and jcgriff I got some weird results As I can't gain access to command prompt with any user I lost the users while trying to solve this problem or admin still have it but it's useless using the Win DVD I went into RE and used the command prompt to type Code C The feedback was Access is denied Then I typed Code whoami user gt amp start notepad The feedback was 'whoami is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file So I tried at X Sources gt Code takeown f C windows The feedback was SUCCESS The file lt or folder gt quot C windows quot now owned by user quot MINWINPC quot My first question is who is user quot MINWINPC quot My second questions is using that user can I take ownership of my C drive and change its permissions Third question what am I doing wrong Everyone's help is most welcome but jenae and jcgriff might be the ones who are more familiarized with this subject I guess Thanks in advance dclrf

A:Completely messed up drive C: permissions, lost access and can't regain ownership

Since you are not logged in as a User in the RE command prompt, the whoami /user command will not work. This must be run at the command prompt in Windows once you are logged in as a user.
Booting off of the Windows DVD and choosing Repair Your Computer, should put most things back in order.
Also Your C: drive may not be the Windows OS drive in the RE.
In the RE command prompt, X:\Sources type this exactly as written.
bcdedit |find ?osdevice? (Must inc ? and the |), the | before Find is the Upper case \ key) press enter. This will tell you what drive letter the OS is on.It may not be on the C: drive.
Now use the returned as the drive letter for OS, for this example, assume C: or whatever drive letter is the os device. Then you can run the takeown command with that Drive letter.
at the x: sources type:
sfc/scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows press enter
sfc will run, it can take awhile
This will replace any missing System Files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/completely-messed-up-drive-c-permissions-lost-access-and-cant-regain-ownership-817962.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm running Windows Home bit on a Compaq Presario CQ laptop I have a GB SSD drive C with only Windows operating system and program files I have a GB HDD drive D in place of my DVD drive which holds partition Reserved' space regain unallocated 'System Moving 100MB to all my documents Following a foolish adventure with Linux which forced me to re-install Windows I find my GB drive partitions are no longer optimal Moving 100MB 'System Reserved' partition to regain unallocated space When setting up Linux I reduced the size of my documents partition to provide for Linux partitions When re-installing Windows the installation setup a mb System Reserved partition immediately after my documents partition This leaves a GB unallocated portion of my HDD I understand that I cannot delete the mb System Reserved partition as that is required for boot files etc However I would like to move the System Reserved partition to the end of the HDD so that I can resize my documents partition using the GB of unallocated space Partition Wizard does not allow me to touch the System Reserved partition how do I move it Thank you Chris

A:Moving 100MB 'System Reserved' partition to regain unallocated space

"system reserved" is not on the win7 physical drive!! Since you have one 1 OS... It is very good thing to move it to same disk as WIN7. even better merge the boot filles and boot menu to the C-drive . Wanna know how?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/254190-moving-100mb-system-reserved-partition-regain-unallocated-space.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Need command prompts I can follow to reboot in xp recovery console with partitioned drive/
Message is bad shutdown or harware,due to me trying to remove trojan from startup in msconfig/access deniedfrom trojan IS 2010

A:need command prompts in windows recovery console to regain boot without disk on partioned drive with xp

Need more info pepperonione1

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/285088/need-command-prompts-in-windows-recovery-console-to-regain-boot-without-disk-on-partioned-drive-with-xp/
Relevancy 40.42%

okay freshly into win now having obtained a new hdd for my comp I have been running as the admin of my computer since accounts became an unavoidable thing barring the occasional frustration-induced blunder I tend to stay Properly Paranoid in my habits to make sure I have no problems but win doesn't think that I could ever be intelligent enough to have full rights on any account other than the built-in admin account which of course I'd want to avoid using outside emergencies that render other accounts damaged somehow so I'm looking to find out how to make another user account with FULL admin rights not just the constantly have to get permission stuff that a standard snort admin account has full rights that don't involve constantly having to run as administrator yes yes I've heard people trying to get me more paranoid so that I'd endure the added hassles all it does is make me more irate with the situation so if noone's willing to provide me with instruction on this it's probably best for the thread to be left to fall off the board

A:of win7, admin rights, admin accounts, and real admin accounts

I don't know what your problem is. To make another administrator account - Start - Control panel - User Account - 
Manage another account - Create a new account - Give it a name - put a check mark for Administrator - 
click - Create Account. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517811/of-win7-admin-rights-admin-accounts-and-real-admin-accounts/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi Yet again Windows is frustratingly taking up all of my time and I have tried everything google has to offer to try and fix it but it seems like no one has screwed up as much reset admin | | can't admin | Lost 5 No password error rights System as I have on whatever forum Let me explain the problem I'm trying to set my account to administrator because I can't install programs change account settings make any changes through CMD without getting the system error access denied message and I can't set the administrator account through CMD either I also don't have the permission to change anything in regedit and I can't even reset my pc because it requires an administrator password System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset which I don't have is not quot nothing quot nor is it administrator or admin or password and I can't change it through cmd either I can't even access the administrator account because it is disabled and even with an elevated System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset cmd I can't activate the quot hidden quot administrator account System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset I've ran malwarebytes and superantispyware and I am now looking for the Gandalf of all Geeks to help me solve this problem I'd immensely appreciate it

A:System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset

Hi. When a computer is first setup, the account created is an administrative one. What happened to this account?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/37732-system-error-5-no-admin-rights-lost-admin-password-cant-reset.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello All I'm delighted No to accounts change /Cannot Admin admin user account existing Access to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account came with Windows On setup i used my No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account microsoft account to login with a pin the account was setup as administrator No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account thinking i could change things later About days later i added a standard user account for my husband with a microsoft account login with pin I wanted to make his the administrator account but thought i had better change mine to a standard account first My mistake Now i cannot change anything i have tried to use the cmd prompt to run as administrator - it asks for administrator permission and does not allow me to enter a password or yes I have tried all suggestions to enable the hidden windows account but all ask for the same permission I have tried to go to setup recovery troubleshoot advanced option system restore - it requests an administrator password and when i entered what i thought is mine it does not work Feeling a little Does anybody know anyway i can go back in time to start again or how do i access administrator rights as i really need to add programs etc Thank you for any help given

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61945-no-admin-access-cannot-change-existing-user-accounts-admin-account.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello, I just purchased a new lenovo v570 laptop runing windows 7 home premium.

I scanned an image using my Epson NX 400 usb all-in-one printer. Then I tried to save it to my external USB enclosed sata drive. I haven't had any problem like this before. They said, I didn't have permission. I am running the laptop as an administrator. What other permission do I need? Antivirus and firewall software is all up and funny functional.

A:Scanned Image Using Windows Paint. Asked For Admin. Permission, but I am on Admin.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scanned-image-using-windows-paint-asked-for-admin-permission-but-i-am-on-admin.1051243/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi everyone Here is my latest Vista woe s Dell Inspiron gbRAM gb HDD Core duo T GHz Vista Home Prem - auto update AvastHome Windows Defender AVGAntispyware RUBotted Threatfire Some background I have profiles on the machine Admin which is my original Admin account I've used it to install apps etc Basic which is my everyday non-admin profile that I use for just about everything New Admin files Admin can't App Admin - Permissions Problems / Install UAC, Public / access which is a new admin account I created for trouble shooting but it has the same problems that the original one has There are basic issues I'll use one particular instance as an example but it's not the only instance AND it's an intermittent issue - sometimes problem happens sometimes it doesn't Ten minutes after this instance I downloaded and installed an app and it ran fine In my Basic profile I downloaded Skype and saved the file to my Public Downloads folder I right-clicked quot run as administrator quot Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files to try and install Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files and got this error Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item I tried just clicking it to run it without quot run as administrator quot and got the same error I did some searching on the error and found some postings elsewhere but most were very old and in WinXP instead of Vista but I tried investigating the things mentioned in those posts - I ran the AVG scan and removal tool for the Gaelicum A virus - it didn't find anything - I checked the properties of the file and it did not say anything about coming from another computer and needing to be unblocked - I logged out of my Basic profile and logged into my Admin profile and all the same problems happened - I logged into my New Admin profile and all the same things happened In my New Admin profile I copied the file from the Public Downloads folder and tried pasting it into my New Admin's own Downloads folder and got this error Destination Folder Access Denied You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file NOTE This happened IN MY ADMIN PROFILE Click quot Continue quot and get this message User Account Control Windows needs your permission to continue If you started this action continue File Operation Microsoft Windows AD - - - - B BDB E Click quot continue quot and the installer begins It runs a while and then I get this message the dialog box says its a message from Skype but I've gotten similar messages from other software I've tried to install Cannot write the installation package on the disk Please make sue that you have the necessary disk space available There are GB available on this disk This is not a new problem so I can't think to associate it with any particular software change and so 'restoring' to an earlier time isn't helpful because it's not tied to any particular time that I can identify I haven't changed hardware AND the associated issue at least I think it's associated is that sometimes installing apps in one profile doesn't flow thru to the other profiles and I can't find any rhyme or reason to that - I've had this happen whether I install the apps while in my Admin account while in my Basic account and using quot run as administrator quot to install or whether I'm in my Admin account and using quot run as administrator quot EVEN THOUGH I'm IN MY ADMIN account because some apps seem to require that kind of thing Then the icons for that app won't show up in different profiles' start menus I can't even search for the apps - have to sometimes dig into C xx to find an executable to create a shortcut Sometimes then trying to run the app and I'm talking about something basic like maybe a PDF viewer or something like that it says I need administrator permissions to run it I'm so tired of all this Can someone please help me I'm ... Read more

A:Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files

Helloooooo??? Anybody out there?

I'd really appreciate any help you can offer me.

[UPDATE] incidentally, since writing this I have been able to install a couple of other small apps (but have also run into the same problem on a couple of others).

Thanks
Buck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-admin-permissions-app-install-uac-admin-cant-access-public-files-260867.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Basically I have two admin accounts one of which belongs to another member of family and one which belongs to me. Heres the situation:

The person who owns the other Admin account is changing my accounts password (also an admin account). Surely there is some way to make it so that I can not have my account's password changed unless it is logged on to my actual account (so my account's password can only be changed if my account is logged on?)

Is there a way?

In urgent need of help!

Thanks!

A:Prevent Admin Accounts From Changing Other Admin Account Passwords In Xp!

Here's an article (for Win2K) that may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309799But, IMO, the issue here is that the other person can't be trusted. In such a situation I'd suggest making the other account into a Standard User account - that way they won't be able to mess with your stuff, and they'll be reliant upon you for anything that requires administrative privileges.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153087/prevent-admin-accounts-from-changing-other-admin-account-passwords-in-xp/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,
I am working on a 2012 ADDS based network and I have the following requirement.
I want to create a local administrator user account on the local domain computers (Win XP, 7 and 8) which will have full access on the PC but not the permission to edit other local administrator accounts.
Please advise how I can achieve this.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

A:local admin account with no permit to edit other admin accounts

Local admin account by definition has access to everything and even if it doesn't it can take ownership and give itself the rights. In other words i am not sure that you can achieve what you
are trying to do.

I would suggest create a single shared local admin account and give it your desktop admins, change the password every 60-90 days to keep it more secure. This is common practice in many
organizations.

http://www.dannyeckes.com/create-local-admin-group-policy-gpo/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/125eabac-06f7-45ee-9792-f642c82eab2e/local-admin-account-with-no-permit-to-edit-other-admin-accounts?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,
I'm new to Windows 7.

I'm still trying to master the file permissions.. I need some help and I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out.

I have a folder with mp3s (created with my old Windows XP system). I've included this mp3s folder in the "my music" library and then I inspected the folder and took ownership of it together with everything it contains (following instructions I found on the Net).

Nevertheless, when I'm trying to delete or move a file I get the message that I need to provide administrator permission! But I thought I am both administrator and owner...

Also, when listen to the songs with WinAmp, it seems I cannon save any song data. I get: Cannot save metadata: Error opening file.

I suppose, it's an aspect of the very same problem.

What am I missing?

thanx.

A:I need admin permission to delete/move file (but I'm both admin/owner)

Take a look on the properties of the folder see if you have an unblock button . If you do click on it .

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/297001-i-need-admin-permission-delete-move-file-but-im-both-admin-owner.html
Relevancy 39.13%

We have a script that installs a program (Office 2007). It then imports some registry file settings. It imports HKLM and HKCU. We have noticed that if this is installed as a local admin, the settings seem to take if we scan the box as a local admin(we are running a security scan to determine this (the security scan checks multiple gpo's supposed to be set by the program/reg imports). If we scan as a domain admin, the system doesn't seem to show they are set. We believe we see the opposite if it's installed as a domain admin. For the domain scan they are set, for the local scan they are not. Does this have to do with how you can change registry entries as a domain admin versus local admin? The registry settings are imported with reg.exe import filename.reg like commands in the .bat script. Any ideas are helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpo-settings-reg-files-local-admin-versus-domain-admin.984826/
Relevancy 39.13%

Frustrated with admin rights - Please help me.

Just purchased new PC - HP Pavilion desktop and upgraded to Windows 10 during installation. I've downloaded Google Chrome as my default search engine with no issues. I've attempted several times to download Google Earth. Download fails: "Google Earth needs administrator privileges to install."

I am the only user on this PC and User Account type indicates that I'm the "Administrator".

Why won't Google Earth install?

A:Google Earth won't install - admin privileges required (I am admin)

Hello and welcome!

Sometimes you have to run the installation file and deliberately make it "Run as Administrator" by right clicking on the downloaded file and selecting this option. Not sure if this is the case with Google Earth but worth a try.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33461-google-earth-wont-install-admin-privileges-required-i-am-admin.html
Relevancy 39.13%

The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights.

The network administrator had left the company surprisingly in without giving the administrator password of the PC and we cannot contact him anymore.

Now we want to install another programme and we cannot do this without an administrator account.

I disabled secure boot and have tried to boot the PC with an Linux USB Stick, but it do not boot from the stick.

Any suggestion how I either can reset the password of the administrator account or create an new account with administrator rights.

A:Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Although there may be techniques to recover a lost password it is forum policy that we do not discuss these here - your best bet would be to visit a local security specialist and get them to recover/reset it for you - and a change to the policy for the replacement admin may be a good idea, I always wrote a list of all passwords and stored it with the Managing Director and also in a fireproof safe

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38274-windows-10-admin-password-reset-new-account-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi
I need to either change a guest log in (kid's access) to
adminstrator, or a way to reveal or change the password
for the Admin profile. Thanks for your help.
I tried this already: Run: cmd net user guest *
I tried to rest the guest password this way but
it didn't work - I'm thinking it is because I am not
logged on as admin in the first place. What do I do now?
Thx
lrr

A:change guest login to admin or figure out admin password

you cant change an admins pw from a guest account....at all

only way to change the admin pw is to boot to safe mode and enter the sys admin account or use a hacking program iso which you can find easily but use at your own risk....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-guest-login-to-admin-or-figure-out-admin-password-314097.html
Relevancy 39.13%

my system window 7 IE 11 ;is set to reopen last open tabs after any reboot etc.
this time due to freeze ; I ended task at task manager thereby all open tabs got lost ;
were told the folder for them should be favorite htm ;how do I find it ???

saved to favorites file ,renamed and moved location ,it became a mets.fm file
and empty; any way/program to retrieve that ?

A:how regain lost session lost favorite file due to currupt

Hello Star mate I would be running these in safe mode if necessary for starters
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

if no go then give these a shot

http://www.superantispyware.com/
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
ADW download from bleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans
(NB If one is running Kaspersky security it may rant about ADW - just ignore it or disable Kaspersky while the ADW is being used)

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/370597-how-regain-lost-session-lost-favorite-file-due-currupt.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi I am using Pentium - Windows SP OS - Motorola Cable Voice Modem Model SBV - Cable Connection It gets disconnected in middle of something and my modem link light starts blinking after which i cannot access internet neither i can ping any site like www yahoo com The only option to get back is to reboot my PC The problem cannot be with Modem as i Reboot Internet Abruptly Need Regain Internet Access Getting - To Disconnected To am having Telephone line attached and is working perfectly fine It seems something bothering on my PC Internet Getting Disconnected Abruptly - Need To Reboot To Regain Internet Access due to which it loses internet access I have already changed by Motherboard which has inbuild Ethernet card inbuild on Gigabyte Motherboard I am attaching the HijackThis log for whats running on my PC I have Macafee installed without firewall and AVG AntiSpyware software for Spyware Could somebody please help in analysing the logs and let me know what could be the problem Its really annoying to reboot the PC Rebooting the Modem doesnot works Neither removing the internet cable - Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system hidserv exec PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT system VTTimer exeC WINNT system S trayp exeC Program Files VIA VIAudioi HDADeck HDeck exeC Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exeC Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exeC WINNT system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exeC WINNT system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http server toolbar rediff com toolbar ml mode toolbarR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http server toolbar rediff com toolbar ml mode toolbarR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http server toolbar rediff com toolbar ml mode toolbarR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http server toolbar rediff com toolbar ml mode toolbarR - URLSearchHook no name - F - D - - AD - C D ADC - no file O - Hosts file is located at C WINNT System drivers etc hostsO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocxO - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - Toolbar no name - F - D - - AD - C D ADC - no file O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exeO - HKLM Run S Trayp S trayp exeO - HKLM Run HDAudDeck C Program Files VIA VIAudioi HDADeck HDeck exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktaskO - HKLM Run VirusScan Online C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exeO - HKLM Run OASClnt C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exeO - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA m... Read more

A:Internet Getting Disconnected Abruptly - Need To Reboot To Regain Internet Access

can somebody pls help me.. thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/99756/internet-getting-disconnected-abruptly-need-to-reboot-to-regain-internet-access/
Relevancy 38.7%

I'm having some issues with my upgrade to win system me Programs asking passwords and for admin user admin Programs that need elevated access are now asking me for both the Sys Admin and my local admin password Of course the sys admin has no password and my local admin does So no matter what I do I get it wrong Earlier today I was trying to reset the tiles in my start menu to default I followed directions I found on the web activated the sys admin account went to the sys admin account the users app data tabletray But I kept getting the error that something quot was already in use quot and I couldn't copy all the files I went ahead Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords and pasted what I had in my local admin and standard user account then I disabled the sys admin account Now some programs icons I installed earlier today have disappeared I have to go to an admin account to gain access and turn them on MSI afterburner And any program that needs Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords admin access I'm not sure if I'm giving it access or it's just starting without admin access Seems like the next time I re-boot or log off I have to do it all over again when a program asks for elevated access it shows sys admin account AND local admin account above the password box Is that normal I could have sworn it only had my local admin account listed before If I have to re-install where do I Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords get the free win upgrade again are those files saved on my pc

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/58127-programs-asking-me-system-admin-user-admin-passwords.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Recently I did a clean install from the windows installation tool off a CD I made. Soon after logging on and making my first account (again!) I couldn't open the C drive. I messed with the owner options and made my account the owner so I could open it. Possibly before or maybe after (I'm not sure) I realised I wasn't able to use any admin settings, (like add another account or see advanced system settings) open any applications that required admin rights (like CMD or any installation file) or do anything in the system menu. I've tried to look up the solution but can't find anything that fits the description of my problem. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance for at least reading this.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59249-no-admin-rights-admin-account-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 38.7%

For a long time I've had much difficulty understanding the exact difference between the computer administrator and a user whose type is administrator On my system there are two administrators - one known as quot Administrator quot and another with my name Gary or Gary and Susan Each administrator has their own profile I used Windows Professional The distinction doesn't matter to system operation in general With MS Office Professional however it does When I start MS Word or MS Excel as myself for example it won't let me access the help files When I try to a message states quot There is a problem with one Pro work not MS user features All but admin with Admin Office with or more installed help files Please repair your office installation and try again quot I ran the repair program successfully but as myself All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user I can't access the help files When I log in All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user as user quot administrator quot I can but the access is limited I can also access all features of the program in safe mode Yet when I log in as myself I can only access the help files if I run the program as an administrator This perplexes me because my user type is administrator This problem has occurred with other programs from time to time Would someone please help me understand this and is there a workaround I can set the privilege level to administrator which will permit me unrestricted access to the help files but then a dialog box appears every time I start the program which I'd prefer to not see

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/389269-all-ms-office-pro-features-work-admin-but-not-admin-user.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi Guys I'm new to this forum as in this is my first post so please be gentle with Admin? Standard Account to Hidden (Admin) Transferring me if this has been answered before So anyway I have a standard account with admin privileges turned off UAC etc but it doesn't seem to be elevated all the time for example I still see the quot admin shield Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin? quot icon next to some programs on my desktop Most of the time I have to right click and select quot Run as Administrator quot from the popup menu and also Windows still asks me when something needs admin mode and do I want to continue I have Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin? activated the hidden true admin account on my PC and when I log into that everything is elevated and great no more prompts etc which is what I want But the problem is it looks very basic I want to be able to transfer all my settings from my standard admin account to my true admin account is this possible I've tried going to system- gt advanced system settings- gt user profiles to copy the account across but the copy button is grayed out If this is not possible is there any way to make this standard admin account the full type which is always elevated Hope someone can help me I'm getting very annoyed having to give permission for things I want to do all the time Thanks in advance -milw rm

A:Transferring Standard (Admin) Account to Hidden Admin?

Hello milw0rm, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You could use the tutorial below to elevate your standard administrator account to have the same elevated rights as the built-in elevated Administrator account.

Be warned though, that all Metro Store apps and the Store will not work in an elevated account.

User Account Control (UAC) - Elevate Privilege Level - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/16240-transferring-standard-admin-account-hidden-admin.html
Relevancy 38.7%

For a long time I've had much difficulty understanding the exact difference between the computer administrator and a user whose type is administrator On my system there are two administrators - one known as quot Administrator quot and another with my name Gary or Gary and Susan Each administrator has their own profile I used Windows Professional The distinction doesn't matter to system operation in general With MS Office Professional however it does When I start MS Word All Office features MS user with but work not admin Admin with Pro or MS Excel as myself for example it won't let me access the help files When I try to a message states quot There is a problem with All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user one All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user or more installed help files Please repair your office installation and try again quot I ran the repair program successfully but as myself I can't access the help files When I log in as user quot administrator quot I can but the access is limited I can also access all features of the program in safe mode Yet when I log in as myself I can only access the help files if I run the program as an administrator This perplexes me because my user type is administrator This problem has occurred with other programs from time to time Would someone please help me understand this and is there a workaround I can set the privilege level to administrator which will permit me unrestricted access to the help files but then a dialog box appears every time I start the program which I'd prefer to not see All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389269-all-ms-office-pro-features-work-admin-but-not-admin-user.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Using Win 8.1

First off, the account I'am signed on with is listed as admin type account. It's the one I had to enter my windows account email.
Since installing the new MalwareBytes 2.0 program (which went in without any problem) it put an shortcut icon on desktop. I tried too move the icon from desktop to another folder and it said I needed admin rights to do this. Usually once I click on continue it gives me access and proceeds to carry out the command.
So I followed the tutorial to build hidden admin account. I type in: net user administrator /active:yes, it completed. I signed on to the admin account and tried the same operation and it still asked for admin rights.
What am I doing wrong?

UpDate: MalwareBytes 2.0 has a self protection ability that needs to not be enabled, otherwise everything associated with the Program including program icons located anywhere cannot be moved.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43247-i-needed-admin-rights-using-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi guys when my pc gets to the first screen where you choose your account my admin account has changed from my name to 'Other user' and when I click on it it asks for a username and password. Also trying to access files from the admin account when it prompts me with a password I enter it and the dialogue box goes away as if it has accepted the password but does not let me access the files. Any help appreciated thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381483-admin-account-corrupted-cant-access-files-using-admin-p-w.html