Windows Support Forum

Dual Boot - Ubuntu Already Installed

Q: Dual Boot - Ubuntu Already Installed

I have Ubuntu 9.04 installed on a laptop already and I wanna dual boot with Windows 7 RC1. How do I?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dual Boot - Ubuntu Already Installed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dual Boot - Ubuntu Already Installed

First you need to partition the hdd .I recomend using Acronis Disk Director Suite v10. http://www.acronis.com/promo/choose...rector suite&gclid=CLuLq7K3-poCFRKLxwodrB3leQ

Boot from the win7 cd and follow the instrutions.

After that format the new partition that you plan to install windows 7 on.You need to format it to NTFS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-boot-ubuntu-already-installed.833152/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hello I have a tower just recently bought all the parts from newegg and was building the tower for the last days I had everything put in as it should be and initially it stayed on but no image was portraying problems up boot Building computer on the monitor A friend explained I was using the wrong port to portray image as it should be through the video card I should be connecting it but after troubleshooting the problem Building computer boot up problems initially I removed RAM and put it back in but computer now turns on for a second then right off I hear and see the fans running the dvd drive spinning and the lights go on but then it shuts right off after another - seconds it turns on again and then after another second turns right back off in an endless cycle until I turn it off completely and unplug it Not sure what the next steps are or if I should return the moba for an exchange After reading a lot of forums I noticed that it could be the RAM was improperly placed so I tried many times to take it out and put it back in but same problem keeps occurring I hear no beeps and only hear a click from the power supply when it goes on I tried the psu tester on the power supply and it tells me it should be working fine Any one have any idea moba ASRock Z M Pro Micro ATX Intel Motherboard ram CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M A C B power EVGA -G - -XR W Power Supply case Thermaltake Level Series Level GT VN W N Black Computer Case processor Intel Core i - K GHz LGA BX I K Desktop Processor video card EVGA GeForce GTX Ti G-P - -KR FTW w ACX Cooling Video Card Please someone help and thanks to all nbsp

A:Building computer boot up problems

Okay, I've had the same issue with a new build: Put it all together, switch on the power and basically nothing. Do the following tried and true diagnostic steps that can be tedious but costs nothing to do and can often zero in on your issue:

1. Uninstall everything from your motherboard and disconnect all peripherals from your power supply except psu to motherboard, cpu, and one stick of RAM. Now turn it on. If it boots up and stays booted then shut it down and then...

2. Add your second stick of memory -- nothing else. Repeat by booting up and if it stays booted up then...

3. Start adding one piece of hardware at a time and repeat as directed.

What are your findings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-computer-boot-up-problems.215853/
Relevancy 22.79%

During the PC Gaming Show, which ran for a mammoth two and a half hours at E3 2015 last night, AMD CEO Lisa Su briefly appeared on stage to show off another Radeon graphics card that the company only briefly...

Read more

A:This is AMD's dual-GPU Fiji graphics card

These days for a blue-chip company to bring a PCB on stage like this is a dark day indeed.

Imagine Apple showing off a circuitry for their next iPhone, and just how pathetic that would be...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-is-amds-dual-gpu-fiji-graphics-card.215093/
Relevancy 19.78%

AMD was excited to introduce a family of true next generation GPUs at their E3 event today. The Radeon R9 Fury X, R9 Fury and R9 Nano are enthusiast oriented graphics cards based on the Fiji architecture that will sit...

Read more

A:AMD announces Radeon R9 Fury X, R9 Fury and R9 Nano GPUs; also Project Quantum, a dual-Fiji SFF PC

Custom form factor requirement makes Quantum DOA. White box manufacturers won't touch it..only the Alienwares and the like will even give it a shot and they won't move enough units to make it viable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-announces-radeon-r9-fury-x-r9-fury-and-r9-nano-gpus-also-project-quantum-a-dual-fiji-sff-pc.214880/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi all, my pc has been playing up for a while, it has gone through 3 CMOS batteries in the space of 5 months, but just now it has presented a new issue (could be related), with two sticks of RAM in, it posts and boots the os as normal... With 3 in, it will post and get through BIOS, but it starts loading OS and jumps back to BIOS again... Now with 4 sticks in, it wont even post... Are there any suggestions

My PC specs...
Penryn 1600SLI-110dB mobo
Intel quad core q6700
And (now only) 4gb ram

A:RAM preventing boot

Try one stick at a time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-preventing-boot.214773/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have my house wired for separate gigabit Ethernet networks I want to create one network let s call it quot A quot that everyone can get at for backups AV files etc That network would have specific physically separate hard drives in the Win server I want to then create a second network let s call it quot B quot that is only for SOHO stuff It too would have physically separate drives in the server Can I do that Also do I 7 Create 2 NIC Networks? - Dual Can Machine Win Diff. I need anything special with the dual NIC arrangement I can use a Dual NIC Win 7 Machine - Can I Create 2 Diff. Networks? x dual NIC or get a board with dual NIC s And of course I have different gigabit switches as well I am guessing one network would need to be X and the other X which is fine The main thing I want to do is make sure that the hard drives assigned to network A can t be read or altered by network B and vice-versa As a matter of fact I don t want A drives shares visible on the B network or vice versa What do I need to do in terms of IP range static or DHCP subnets drive assigning etc I ve never tried something like this before I don t want to do something like give drive shares different passwords because all that does is create quot forbidden fruit quot and such If Dual NIC Win 7 Machine - Can I Create 2 Diff. Networks? the drives are never seen they are never wondered about Thanks for any thoughts nbsp

A:Dual NIC Win 7 Machine - Can I Create 2 Diff. Networks?

Yes, it's doable. The layout (wiring) can be two variation:

Code:

(A)
modem == router----pc----NAS/hd's
|
+------- other devices

(B)
modem == router1---- pc
|
+---- router2 --- other devices

Whether wired or wifi connected, the controls are similar - - which layout to you favor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-nic-win-7-machine-can-i-create-2-diff-networks.209011/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a three month old Dell Dimension GHZ P Gig Ram and a gig SATA Hard Drive When I got the computer I used the files and transfer PC Relocator utility And had in Error system drives did hard Message: disk find Setup not your installed any a bunch of unwanted extras that came with it I m having a Satellite Internet system installed and they wanted a clean install of windows XP So I opened the owner s manual and got out the reinstallation disk and the problems began By the way Dell tech support s only response has been to say gee that s not right and would send a tech sometime after Christmas Anyway heres step by step what I did I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system The windows setup screen appears and loads files The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options -to setup XP press enters To repair XP press R to exit without installing XP press F I press enter and the following message comes up Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected And any disk related configuration is correct ect Press F to quit It dose this if I try repair also Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard They re good And debug the hard drive No luck Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk Any help would be welcome nbsp

A:Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

During Setup, it will ask you if you need any extra drivers such as SCSI (or SATA in your case). If so, press F6. Now you are in trouble, because SATA drivers come on a floppy and new(er) Dells don't have a floppy anymore. Borrow a floppy-drive from another PC and install that in your Dell.
Setting up with the Dell disks, I'm not sure if they are RESTORE-disks or full XP-disks.
That may cause another problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.18329/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have one problem with my PC sound on board,
My pc is windows 7 ultimate 32bit, Intel Desktop Board E210882,
The driver is already install but the icon of sound still red cross like image attach file, I already plug in the headset, any one please help me?

thank, seahong heng

A:No audio output device is installed

Well, one way or another, your computer isn't using the device, so have you checked to see if it's disabled in any way? right click the speaker and go to playback devices, it'll come up with a list of your sound devices, make sure the one you're trying to use isn't disabled (right click to change that) if you're unsure which is yours, just enable them all lemme know if that helps at all

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.188878/
Relevancy 15.48%

I have just added a new SSD drive does recognize 1720 Inspiron in modular boot bay not BIOS sequence HDD in the modular bay of my Inspiron The SSD drive in modular bay is accessible if I boot using my normal harddrive or USB DVD-ROM drive for OS installation which I managed to install on the SSD drive Once boot using my regular HDD I can see the drive is set to Disk in Windows Disk Management And my other HDDs Inspiron 1720 BIOS does not recognize modular bay HDD in boot sequence as Disk and Disk I can boot thru HDD or HDD by selecting them in boot sequence However the SSD drive is not available as part of the boot sequence in the BIOS setup or F boot sequence The BIOS though recognize that there is an SSD drive attached Inspiron 1720 BIOS does not recognize modular bay HDD in boot sequence in modular drive bay My Inspiron is using the latest A BIOS and I could not find a way to include the SSD as part of the boot sequence The boot sequence works when I put back the DVD-ROM drive which boots without any problem with any bootable CD DVD Is there any way I can make the modular bay SSD bootable other than of course putting the SSD in the HDD or HDD caddy which some thing I do not wish to do Please help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-1720-bios-does-not-recognize-modular-bay-hdd-in-boot-sequence.210955/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi Guys
I'm not so clued up about how to use forums but I tried looking for similar problem here for a solution but nothing.
every time I plug on a new USB flash/external HDD or mobile phone it gives me a message "device was unsuccessfully installed" now I cant access any removable device. yet all my old devices still work.

Please help!!!

A:Unsucessfully installed usb devices win 7 64 bit

Hello there,
Have you tried to update your USB Host controller drivers? If updating doesn't work reinstall them.

Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unsucessfully-installed-usb-devices-win-7-64-bit.208840/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I am in need of 2 monitors for normal use school and some business. is there any recommendations anybody have? in budget nothing more than 300 and also towers

Thanks for the help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors.208639/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hi there I ve recently bought a second hand laptop because it was cheap and seemed to only have a minor problem which I hope to be able to fix So far problem TK Easynote boot Bell Packard I ve not been able to so I thought I d ask here for Packard Bell Easynote TK boot problem some help Specs Packard Bell Easynote TK CPU AMD Phenom II X N GHz Videochip AMD Radeon HD M GB VRAM RAM GB DDR orginal OS Windows Home Premium So the problem is that if I try to boot it Packard Bell Easynote TK boot problem about times it starts up I can hear the fan and HDD starting and see the lights turn on Then after a couple of seconds before seeing anything on screen I hear the fan stopping while the lights remain on The times it boots up properly and everything works What I ve Packard Bell Easynote TK boot problem done so far remove battery and power adapter reinstall RAM both at once and one by one hold down power button for a minute and try again with the power adapter connected This doesn t appear to do anything much I haven t removed the CMOS battery yet because it s embedded in a peculiar way and I m not familiar with how to remove it yet Then during one of the few sessions where I was able to boot successfully I installed the newest BIOS-version from the Packard Bell site This also didn t do anything Then since I wanted to do it anyway I started with the installation of Arch Linux where so far I ve only wiped the entire HDD and repartitioned it then I was too busy and couldn t complete it This doesn t matter much as long as I can get into the BIOS properly I ll be fine I m a Linux newbie but have successfully installed Arch Linux on a very old laptop So what I wanted to ask do you know any way to make the startup work everytime Do you have any ideas what it might be My theories so far - It s probably a hardware related problem since it still occurred after BIOS-update and full HDD-wipe without OS - broken powerbutton connection somehow -- gt replace powerbutton - broken fan overheating -- gt shutdown - broken fan cable sometimes does connect correctly I m curious if you have any theories on how to save the laptop Kind regards Ilja nbsp

A:Packard Bell Easynote TK boot problem

The laptop may need its thermal pads or paste replaced. The motherboard may be detecting a false over-heating signal...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-easynote-tk-boot-problem.207489/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hi all. I've got this issue with my graphic card (fresh and crispy by the way - 1 month old). Few days ago I was just browsing web when suddenly blue screen came out of nowhere on my Windows 8.1 desktop PC. Ever since then when computer boots screen is filled mozaic-like with green squares, after few seconds it's changing to vertical lines. Obviously Windows window manager won't open at all, and it greets me with black screen. After I deactivated graphic card, and switched cable to main boards VGA port computer runs ok.

I've seen some similar threads on techspot suggesting that due to escessive dust 'consuption' GPU can overheat and irreverisbly burn therefore. Is it possible that the same thing occured here?

A:Green squares on computer boot, Nvidia GTS 250

It's what I've seen on the screen when one of my graphics cards has died. As it's almost new changing it shouldn't be a problem. It's more likely to be a faulty graphics card than dust. Double check that it's seating properly in its port and that the video cable is OK.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/green-squares-on-computer-boot-nvidia-gts-250.208163/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi there! I was wondering if any of you tech heads can help? Been given my nephews laptop which had the vague description of it hasn't turned on in a couple months.

It's a zoostorm loaded with windows 7. I can get into the bios but after that it just sits with a black screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-failing-to-boot.208148/
Relevancy 16.34%

So I ve owned my P HM gaming laptop for around years now and for the most part I haven t had any issues However when I start my laptop it always defaults to booting off of the ethernet card even after switching my SSD to the position in the bios menu Normally this isn t that much of an issue as I can just cycle through the bios boot options using CTRL Laptop Boot issue ALT DEL The main issue that I am having now is that the last time I was using my laptop I used hibernate instead of the normal quot sleep quot or quot standby quot Now whenever I attempt to start my laptop up the message quot Resume from hibernate quot is on my screen which is normal except it tries to resume using the ethernet card If the laptop is in hibernate evidently I am not able to access the BIOS menu or cycle through my boot drives I have read that a way to fix this Laptop Boot issue might just be taking the battery out and letting any residual power that the motherboard might be running off of fade away over time I read that this normally only takes minutes or so I tried waiting minutes and it Laptop Boot issue didn t work so I just tried again but waited a few hours this time before putting the battery back in and attempting to start my laptop up The laptop is still attempting to boot from hibernate Does anyone know of any way to get to the BIOS menu from the hibernate screen Or does anyone know of anyway to fully shut off my laptop Laptop Boot issue to get rid of hibernate and just start up normally Any assistance would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop Boot issue

it always defaults to booting off of the ethernet cardClick to expand...

This means that BIOS is not seeing any HD, marked Active and contains a bootable partition

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-boot-issue.207645/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello everyone Been having some crazy stuff going on with this new PC that I just built I cannot get it to startup at first try I just get a black screen and the BIOS welcome try always doesn't first second/third at (but does try) up PC boot at doesn t show up and neither does the windows startup loading of course When I manually restart it Power Button long press it runs just fine I have read that thousands of things could be potentially causing this from Hard Drive to Power Supply to graphics card but my actual bet is on RAM voltages overclock causing it since I recently overclocked it via BIOS setting the default frequency at mhz which is what my RAM offers at maximum and the max that my Motherboard can read The actual voltage is set to auto via BIOS which stays at V so I m not sure if lowering or raising it will solve the problem XMP is disabled not sure if that s relevant My BIOS is up to date My graphics card is old I m planning to change it soon but I didn t have any problem in the past with it Hard drive is also old but runs just fine I m open for any suggestions Specs - Tacens Mars Gaming W power supply - AMD FX- Eight-Core - PC doesn't boot up at first try (but always does at second/third try) MSI Gaming Motherboard http thepcenthusiast com msi- PC doesn't boot up at first try (but always does at second/third try) -gaming-am -motherboa - XFX ATI Radeon HD GB DDR - G Skill Ripjaws X DDR PC - GB CL x modules of GB Dual channel in slots amp - Hard Drive SATA II WD EADS- M B TB - Win - bit Some screenshots CPU-Z confirms I m running at mhz MSI Command Center does not get accurate frequency readings Thanks in advance for all the help If I forgot to mention something please tell me nbsp

A:PC doesn't boot up at first try (but always does at second/third try)

Check and make sure the wire cables are connected properly and not loose. Also, can replace CMOS battery and see you may able to access your computer.

P.S. Also check that the hard drive connection is set to UEFI under BIOS connection settings. Windows 8/8.1 supports only secure booting.

Good luck though!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-doesnt-boot-up-at-first-try-but-always-does-at-second-third-try.205119/
Relevancy 22.36%

I am thinking about getting a docking station. But I am a little confused on what the advantages or disadvantages or using either. Or should I just stick with using my software?

A:Dual vs Single SATA Docking Station, for Clonging

I have a copy station which takes two hard drives and have found it easy to use and reliable. The only drawback I've noticed concerns the relative sizes of the two drives. There's no problem copying from a small hard drive to a larger or equal sized SSD drive. You can then use software to rearrange and resize partitions. However, if you have a large hard drive and want to copy to a smaller SSD drive it's not possible. Mind you it is a few years since I bought my copy station so that may have changed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-vs-single-sata-docking-station-for-clonging.204876/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi all I no the title of this topic maybe hard to understand, basically im in the market to be upgrading from z77 to a newer z97 board, I have a few in mind that range from $180 all the way to $400, and when it comes down to it, it is the pci express lanes. I'm currently running dual 7970s and I noticed a lot of motherboards run 2x8x with dual video cards but some boards will run at 2x16x, so I was just seeing if anyone can tell me if theirs a big diff between running 2x8x and 2x16x with crossfired cards. thanks a bunch!

A:Dual 16x vs dual 8x pci e motherboards for graphics cards

No real difference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-16x-vs-dual-8x-pci-e-motherboards-for-graphics-cards.203321/
Relevancy 15.48%

when i start my computer, it goes to the gateway start page, and after a while (it's quite slow) it goes to the black page, and this is what it says:

Intel Boot Agent FE v4.1.10
Copyright (C) 1997-2003 Intel Corporation

Intel Boot AGent PXE Base Code (BA 1210BC-GW1)
Copyright (C) 1997-2003 Intel Corporation

PXE-E61 media test failure check cable
PXE-M0F exiting Intel Boot Agent

Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media
in selected boot device.

it just stays on that screen until i do a CTRL ALT DEL, then it goes back to the Gareway screen and after about 30 seconds finally boots up and i get the Windows XP start up page, and it opens up my desktop and i can continue .

Can anyone tell me why this started happening and how to correct it?

A:Computer start up is bringing up boot agent message

How old is the computer, or the hard drive. It appears you have a failed or failing hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-start-up-is-bringing-up-boot-agent-message.150663/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello all!!!! My name is John. I am trying to find some help with an issue that arose after I installed a new hard drive in my computer. I started getting a message that stated:

C:\Users\Owner\App Data\Local\Conduit\API Support\API Support.dll

Anyone know how I can repair this? I saved an image of my system before installing the new hard drive and then just downloaded the image to the new hard drive. HELP!!! please!!

A:Installed new hard drive

You might just need to run some registry cleaners to fix and remove those corrupt registry keys.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-hard-drive.201991/
Relevancy 22.36%

Greetings my fellow technologists I have routers and internet connection and want to set up a second wireless network using the Dual 1 Internet Creation with connection Network DDWRT same internet connection for VPN purposes The routers are Router A TPLink TL-WR N non DD WRT flashed Router B Linksys E DD WRT flashed Router A is connected directly to my company s network and works fine broadcasting DDWRT Dual Network Creation with 1 Internet connection its own wireless network BENMAO BENMAO s Router A configuration settings are below LAN IP LAN MAC BC-D - - - - A WAN MAC SAME WAN IP WAN SUBNET WAN GATEWAY WAN DNS I have connected Router B to Router A via Ethernet cable Port on Router A to INTERNET port on DDWRT Router B but get no internet access on Router B using DHCP with Automatic settings I am willing to change any settings and experiment to produce connectivity on the second network BENMAOVPN but don t know what to change in the protocol settings and there is very little information on Internet DDWRT forums It seems there are multiple DHCP DNS and IP conflict issues which I don t really have a good grasp of here The DDWRT router Router B is highly customizable but I admit I don t know whether to set is as an Access Point Client Bridge Bridge Repeater or Ad Hoc but I know I do NOT want to quot cascade quot the routers into wireless network Also Router B probably needs to be set to function as a Router rather than a Gateway When I replace Router A with Router B its just plug and play everything works fine and I can actually put all my devices on a wireless VPN so setting up the wireless VPN is not the issue its just getting Router B to accept the signal from Router A So bottom line is I need to know how to set Routers A amp B to share the Internet signal from Router A to Router B and then have Router B broadcasting a DIFFERENT network Thanks for any help in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddwrt-dual-network-creation-with-1-internet-connection.202411/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hi everyone, I have a problem.
I pinmodded an LGA771 Xeon to work with my LGA775 motherboard. I decided to do it the hard way and use aluminum foil and tape to pin mod it. I think it worked out fine but anyway, on to the problem.

When I cut off the LGA775 alignment pieces, I accidentally bent 2 pins out of shape a little. Initially, I didn't notice, so I put in the Xeon to try it out, didn't work.
Then I tried my old processor, also didn't work (worked fine previously).

So then I noticed the pins and bent them back into shape, AFAIK it is perfect and you can't even tell that anything happened.
Tried both CPUs, nothing, no beeps, no signal to the monitor.

Is it possible to damage my motherboard if I didn't do the pinmod correctly?
Is it possible that I damaged my processor or motherboard by trying to run it with those 2 pins out of place?

Help please

A:Bent motherboard pins, fixed but now will not boot

I am not really sure, but my guess is you did not do the pinmod correctly since both CPUs do not work. I hope someone else can provide some insight on this issue. Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bent-motherboard-pins-fixed-but-now-will-not-boot.198999/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi I have a really really crappy Graphic Card GT 610 (Ik just dont) And so does my brother. My brother is getting an upgrade and is giving my his Graphics Card GT 610 aswell
Is there a way to Make them work together so I will finally be able to play NORMALLY?
What do I need to buy to make this work if it worth it?
I have a really low budget of 100$ and I am from Israel so if it costs in USA 100$ it means that here is costs about 220$ (Ik HOLY ****) Because if it costs more then I will simply get a new card

Tnx for the helpers!

A:Dual Grapchics Cards

You can't SLI them but maybe you can use one for physx.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-grapchics-cards.201762/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi just wanted some conformation advice on what I plan on adding to my network at my house Currently I have a BTHub router and a TP-Link AV nano powerline adapter going from the router to the other side of the house where my room is because I receive little if any wireless signal to my room as it is very far away from the router What I plan on adding is CAT e gigabit cables Dual Router Situation going from my routers gigabit port through the powerline adapter to the WAN port on a TP-Link TL-WR ND Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Port Cable Router and then a third gigabit cable to my PC and a normal CAT cable from the TP-Link router to my XBox I wondered if a BT will allow a second router on the network b If I setup the SSiD Dual Router Situation and password for the new TP-Link to be the same as the BTHub will wireless Dual Router Situation devices get a seamless transition between both routers or if that is not the case and the routers will have to have separate SSiDs and passwords The main reason I plan on doing this is because currently to connect my XBox and my PC to the router though the powerline adapter I have to switch the cable around which is a pain so I though I should get a port switch to connect them both at the same time but then I thought I should try to future proof it a little and I should go Gigabit but a port Gigabit switch is almost the same price as a gigabit router which should give me wireless connectivity to my room and this side of the house Please try to make things as simple as possible as networking is most definitely not my strong point Also for any non-gigabit connections I will use the normal CAT cables that came with my powerline adapter originally Thanks -hopgop nbsp

A:Dual Router Situation

Or would it be better to get an 8 port gigabit switch and a wireless range extender? Which would be easier / the most efficient? I am currently leaning toward the wireless range extender option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-router-situation.201227/
Relevancy 15.48%

My partner's laptop HP 0700 Notebook will not boot up and just comes up with the above message. We found an HP troubleshooting site which said to reset the BIOS default settings by pressing the Escp key, F10 followed by F9 to reset. Then it said to press the F2 System Diagnostics keys which tested the hard disk and all the tests came out OK. When we tried to restart it, it came up with the same message and we have noticed that before it comes up with this message it says in the bottom left-hand corner "Prepare boot to OS" and then comes up with the message in the heading. We have not bootable disk as the laptop already had everything installed.

Coupled with this my partner's virus protection is coming up with "Threat detected" every minute on practically every site my partner visits on the Internet. You will appreciate that we cannot run any virus checks as we cannot get into the computer.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Compused

A:No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any-key.201065/
Relevancy 16.34%

Model dx -ub gtx ti evga win Today my brother was granted a hand-me-down gpu from a good friend of mine and after attempting everything I know installing the card computer visuals boot on No nothing seems to work I get no visuals boot The card seems to power up the heatsink at least but the card still gives no visuals Installing the card was goofy as all hell For some reason when apparently fully seated the end of the card where the ports are refuse to line up properly There is about maybe a quarter of a No visuals on computer boot inch gap Seeing this makes me assume it is definitely not No visuals on computer boot seated correctly I re-seated about plus times it does not want to go in correctly or so it seems I am starting to think the gpu is far to big for this moba or the case is just poorly made On top of everything the computer does not detect the gpu in any form on device manager or any other program Installing the drivers won t work because it doesn t detect the gpu as well Could it be a faulty psu - idk Maybe the gpu just went because it was nold - idk All I know is this is a friggin pain maybe someone could help me out The gtx ti was working on the current day when it was in my friends computer And yes I have plenty of power wats it was the same power supply from said friend s computer nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-visuals-on-computer-boot.200851/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi guys! I'm new here and bought a notebook for maybe a week ago and I have some questions. I found out that my computer haves two GPU's and it is one integrated and one dedicated (dedicated is better) how do I switch to my dedicated one? I have High Perfomance on Battery and also in the Catalyst Control Center and I don't see no difference. I tryed to disable my Integrated graphics on Device manager and the dedicated didn't work (error 43). I updated the drivers over the HP site and over the AMD site. How do I fix so I only use the dedicated gpu?

My Specifikations :
HP 15-N001SO/A4

Windows 8 64-Bit (will soon upgrade to 8.1)

AMD APU A4-5000M @ 1,5 GHz

4GB Ram (3,64 Available)

AMD Radeon HD 8330 (Integrated) and 8670m (Dedicated)

Here are some pics :
​ ​

A:Dual GPU help

I wouldnt disable the integrated GPU since AMD has something called dual graphics, which combines the power of the integrated GPU with that of the dedicated GPU. Is there any reason why you would want to disable the integrated GPU? Are you getting bad performance? The dual graphics will help with battery life also since it will switch to the low power (iGPU) when tasks are not too demanding. Also, are you gaming?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-gpu-help.200695/
Relevancy 14.19%

I just got new SSD - Transcend 128GB. Installed Windows. When I cold boot my PC -- from a shut off state -- I get this message before Windows loads: "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key."

However, if I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and reboot I come into Windows.

If I enter BIOS from cold boot, it does not detect my SSD. After rebooting it detects my SSD. Seems like the SSD is slow at firing up?

I have run chkdsk and memory test without any errors.

My motherboard is the MSI Z87-G55.

A:"Reboot and select proper boot device"

Just installed newest BIOS, it didn't help.

When I go into Board Explorer in BIOS it says SATA port 1 is empty. After reboot it says the same port is occupied by my SSD.

Update: Plugged in another hard drive (non-SSD). Same rules apply to it. On cold boot, none of the drives are detected. After reboot, both drives are detected. I used a non-SSD as system drive before this, worked perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device.200351/
Relevancy 16.34%

So I installed a second Hard drive this weekend. And I want to create a new partition on the new hard drive, which will hold my boot files. So I want a partition of my second hard drive to be my main boot device. (Like 20gb)

Then I?m going to combine my first hard drive, and the remaining space left into 1 partition.

My Local disk has my Boot, Page file, and Crash dump. I want to move this to my new partition. (Second HD)

I tried moving the entire windows file in my local disk to the second hard drive, half way through it wouldn?t allow me to move all of the files.

How do I do this without re-installing windows?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-boot-drives.200248/
Relevancy 23.22%

Please help, ive tried everything, It was working now it wont, Please help, it's a home built pc, ive added a pic of the specs

A:No Audio Devices Installed

It looks like you have an ASUS? Go to the ASUS website. Look under Support to find drivers. Enter model number of your motherboard, select the OS and ASUS should give you the audio driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-devices-installed.199330/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have these cards on a fast Dell T with GB RAM and they are FLAKEY They came with Wesson Active Adapters but the AMD guys said to get ACCELL so now I have ACCELL adapters At first monitors worked then then Since does not work at a contiguous desktop I - for No AMD AMD support 8 W7000 Dual from monitors have dropped one fro the matrix within Windows still have connected AMD tech support is a JOKE For MONTHS before the Holidays their phones many times said quot Can not connect to support at this time quot and this was in the advertised business hours for tech support A few times I did get through there were people there who had no idea what what going on had RCV and kept finger pointing to quot software on your machine quot And yet I have been running with NVIDIA or AMD cards on this machine for over a year with no problem I got the W for speed well that part is OK the four that work are fast But it would be nice if they all worked Duh Lat week for instance I had a talk with a AMD person named Dan who told me once he heard my story that there is a ligh level guy named Charlie Dual AMD W7000 for 8 monitors - No support from AMD who really really wants to work on my case but Charlie is busy now and will call me at AM Monday morning I was here at this morning and no call In fact after an hour I called AMD and the message was AMD tech support does not open until AM At I called and got some poor guy who barely knew up from down very polite though and made all kinds of excuses for Charlie like Charlie was not available Charlie works in another building I have never seen Charlie I can not get in tough to Charlie I can leave a message for Charlie but I can not tell you if or when he will call you Insane I feel so let down by this company Someone should report them to the FTC and whatever bases of information possible to stop people form getting bush whacked by this AMD quot company quot nbsp

A:Dual AMD W7000 for 8 monitors - No support from AMD

Ok so if I am reading correctly this is the card you purchased correct?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814195118

Now then, you have two of these running in one machine im assuming X-Fired together so you can output on 8 displays. So the way im reading this (please correct my if im wrong) you have 8 display port adapters going to 8 different monitors (Display port to HDMI, DVI, or what?).

So here are my questions:
Which monitors have dropped off (Which card or both and which ports)?
Do you have the latest Catalyst for the Workstation cards running?
What version of windows are you running?

Here's a couple of quick things you can do to try and get all 8 working and ill see if I can't figure out the issue with you:

Try disabling eyefinity and running every monitor as an independent display.
Try rebuilding eyefinity in the control center and see if it detects all 8 monitors

One thing is that display port is designed to hold more than one monitor per port, im guessing you are using the DVI connectors since they came with it. My advice would be instead of using every port on each card, buy some of the dual display port adapters and use only the top card to run eyefinity, using 2 cards for multiple displays tends to run into issues at times especially when connecting such an extreme amount of monitors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-amd-w7000-for-8-monitors-no-support-from-amd.199168/
Relevancy 23.22%

Is this the right Forum I have an older Compaq nc with a failing Fujitsu G HD that I decided to replace with a SSD PATA IDE drive Transcend TS GSD GB IDE Hardware Agere Systems AC Modem Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Intel R Ultra ATA Storage Controler - CA HL-DT-ST RW DVD GCC- N DVD Drive ATI MOBILITY RADEON Series Display Adapter Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection O Micro OZ M MemoryCardBus Controller Intel R Pentium R M processor GHz Started machine with OS recovery disk to load windows XP Loaded SP and all drivers Computer seemed SSD Hard Drive installed OK at first Then every time it is started up Windows loads up SSD Hard Drive installed to the background and stalls It takes another minutes or so to get the task bar and systray Also after a minute or so a window opens to tell me that a driver for some hardware has successfully loaded but the list of the hardware is blank Then the CPU maxes out the fan starts and the machine slows way down When I look at processes in Task Manager there is a svchost that is using of the CPU cycles When I kill this svchost process the machine runs much more in line with what I expected What do I do to fix it I need for this computer to run with the SSD drive nbsp

A:SSD Hard Drive installed

Is the SSD seen by the bios? The OS recovery disk is in a CD drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-hard-drive-installed.198946/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi guys im not sure what the problem here or if this is supposed to happen I have the latest AMd drivers for my video card I have checked direct x version and every thing and im not sure where to go now google hasnt helped much I was wondering if you guys knew what a solution could be here is my specs Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC BIOS InsydeH O Version CCB F Processor AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX the main problem is as you can see in the pic below is everything is n a and there are no driver details either Could this cuase slight graphics problems when playing games and such nbsp

A:Dual graphics card showing up as N/a DXdiag

firz3h said:

Hi guys im not sure what the problem here or if this is supposed to happen. I have the latest AMd drivers for my video card I have checked direct x version and every thing and im not sure where to go now google hasnt helped much. I was wondering if you guys knew what a solution could be.

the main problem is as you can see in the pic below is everything is n/a and there are no driver details either. Could this cuase slight graphics problems when playing games and such?

View attachment 77579

also not sure if it installed correctly as it shows up like this in device manager

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-graphics-card-showing-up-as-n-a-dxdiag.198839/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey guys I ve recently installed a new hard drive on my desktop PC It s a GB quot drive that I removed off of a new laptop I got The drive works great BUT ever since I installed it I get a really annoying drive, hard boot new get message Installed on message every time I boot my machine It s some sort of copyright disclaimer It says the brand of the HDD Hitachi and lists the copyright of the disk management system or something like that It says copyright jmicron com and then quot Hit enter to continue quot The message is displayed maybe for seconds and it disappears on its own so no need to press enter Pressing enter will get rid of it faster So yes Installed new hard drive, get message on boot it s not an error but it s annoying and it adds to Installed new hard drive, get message on boot my boot time I m assuming the exact brand and model of the HDD isn t relevant nor is it the message but if it is let me know and I ll post that information I m not near my PC at the moment Is there an option in the BIOS or msconfig I Installed new hard drive, get message on boot could change to get rid of this Intel Core i GHz GB DDR RAM Mhz GB Samsung SSD Main drive additional HDDs GB GB and GB ATI Radeon HD GB W Power Supply W nbsp

A:Installed new hard drive, get message on boot

A little help with this, please? I'm baffled, I'm no computer newbie and I've installed many-a hard drives before, but I had never gotten this message after installation. The exact model of the hard drive is:

Hitachi HTS547575A9E384

This is a picture of the message:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-hard-drive-get-message-on-boot.197890/
Relevancy 15.91%

I m running main HDD in RAID and all is ok there I check in BIOS the SSD is recognised - using the Control I command I can see the SSD is available and status is normal I boot to Windows and it disappears I m running a w PSU and wondering if it s a power issue but why is it not a power issue in DOS It s puzzling as I previously had it working before until I recently reinstalled Windows BTW I did edit my Regedit before this so I could change from IDE to RAID on my main HDD I changed iastorV Start THIS IS WINDOWS RAID HAVE IT ON SINCE MEANS ON pciide to SSD 7 dissappears Windows I when drive boot up THIS IS IDE HAVE IT ON SINCE MEANS OFF Before I did this it would get BSOD when starting Windows having only the BIOS changed to RAID on main HDD Should I have changed the pcide to and instead SSD drive dissappears when I boot up to Windows 7 left it at Anyone have any ideas nbsp

A:SSD drive dissappears when I boot up to Windows 7

This has been sorted - I removed the Kingston SSD and used an OCZ Agility 3 SSD which was instantly recognized. Apparently Sandforce, the controller the Kingston uses has a problem so that's what it was.

This topic can be closed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-drive-dissappears-when-i-boot-up-to-windows-7.197659/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone I ve been having a little problem and hopefully someone from the community might be GT Problem installed 610 Newly GeForce able Newly installed GeForce GT 610 Problem to help I own a really basic computer that I ve had for years I don t use it for gaming or anything like that Mainly sufing the web really basic none labour intensive tasks Anyway I started getting random BSOD problems and the code that came with the shutdown pointed to it being a driver problem I was using a fairly old driver anyway as I d have previous problems with BSOD s with the updated versions After numerous uninstalls and reinstalls of different drivers the problem wasn t going away Until after one BSOD and restart the screen was completely filled with either green or pink pixels depending on the background colour After a little research I came to the conclusion that the graphics card was on it s way out I should say at this point that the old graphics car was a GeForce GS So not wanting to have to upgrade anything but the gpu and also not wanting to spend a great deal of money that really dont have at the moment I started searching for a replacement card for my system I finally settled on a GeForce GT as it sounded simpler to replace Nvidia for Nvidia in this case and was pretty basic After researching and installng the new gpu I started up the computer to see wether I d still have the pixel problem or not Low and behold they had gone and I thought my troubles were behind me hahaha how wrong I was Without any of the Nvidia driver installed uninstalled in control panel and DriveSweeper used running on the quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot I had no problems at all and my cpu usage when idle was fine I then updated the drivers to the latest version and numerous other versions throughout the day and started getting a problem When the computer attempted to do any task no matter how basic it would stutter The loading icon next to the mouse stopping starting and freeze continuously which it had never really done before I opened up tast manager to check what was going on and in the performance tab the cpu usage was at in an idle state After checking processes for all users I couldn t see anything that seemed to be causing the cpu usage to be that high There were numerous quot svchost exe quot open but only as many as there were without the drivers installed and they weren t using any more memory than normal either Running HWMonitor showed all my voltages and temperatures to be fine I ve also checked my voltages with a voltage testing machine and they cam back fine Every time I uninstall the driver and use the standard vga its fine then as soon as the driver is install I m getting the lagging and high cpu usage problem So does anyone think they could possibly shed some light on what might be going wrong Could it be a clash in the hardware But obviously I m so far away from being an expert it s not funny haha Any help would be appreciated and sorry for such a long winded essay Congrats if you managed to read it to the end System specs CPU - Intel Core Duo E Motherboard - GigaByte GA-T MG Old GPU - GeForce GS New GPU - GeForce GT PSU - XFX Pro W RAM - GB DDR Storage - Seagate Barracuda GB ST AS Thanks nbsp

A:Newly installed GeForce GT 610 Problem

Try this:
1) Download, do not install, the latest nVidia driver from here (32bit).
2) Create a system restore point before proceeding. Use these directions for assistance.
3) Download and run Display Driver Uninstaller from here.
4) Check the boxes that state "Remove PhysX" and "Remove C:\AMD or C:\NVIDIA folders" and "Save log files in startup path".
5) Chose the option "Uninstall the current and previous drivers and restart the computer".
6) Let the computer reboot/restart.
7) Install the driver you downloaded in step 1.

If this does not work, there is an issue with the GPU. You will need to RMA it and get a new one. Tell the manufacturer that you are having issues. They will usually comply and send a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-installed-geforce-gt-610-problem.197095/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey everyone I idle monitors display Dual PC after anything won't occasionally is ve been having a recent issue with my monitors and it s really been stumping me lately I recently acquired a nd Yamakasi x monitor from South Korea I love these things and while the monitors themselves are working quite well I ve been having an issue since I connected the nd one Occasionally maybe - of the time when the PC has been idle for long enough that Dual monitors occasionally won't display anything after PC is idle the monitors have turned off when I come back to the PC and move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard the monitors turn back on and I am promptly greeted with a black screen on both however it appears that there IS a signal as the monitors turn on and remain on however that signal is just a blank black screen I ve got both monitors beside each other and the one on the left side is plugged directly into the dual link DVI port on the back of my master in my crossfire configuration The right-side monitor is plugged into an active displayport to dual link DVI adapter which also requires a USB port for power When I notice this black screen effect I also notice a small thin blueish bar spanning the height of the right monitor at the far right side of the screen this bar looks about the same thickness as the side edge of an open window in Windows but I ve never been able to tell if that s what it is or not UPDATE Upon closer inspection of the quot blue bar quot I can now tell that it doesn t look quite the same as the Windows side edges of a window It does span the entire vertical length of the screen it s about - pixels wide fairly bright blue and the far left or right seems to be random as to which it is column of pixels is a brighter blue than the rest Also the line isn t QUITE at the far edge of the screen it s offset from the edge by about another - pixels When I get this black screen effect the mouse cursor will never appear and no matter what I do including pressing control-alt-delete nothing else will ever appear on the screen If I press the power button I can see and hear my PC doing the usual process that it does when Windows goes through a normal shut-down which is the current setting for the functionality of the power button and then it turns off like normal Upon restart the issue is gone of the time until the PC is left idle again except that the right-hand displayport adapter monitor is not recognized by Windows upon reboot until I unplug and replug it I m running Windows Professional and I just freshly reinstalled Windows on a blank solid state drive within the last two weeks It appears to me that Windows is still running just fine since it seems to shut down normally and it looks almost as though the black screen is a huge window that is stretched almost fully across my monitors with only the far right edge visible and without any way to interact with this window However I also wonder if it could be an issue with the dual link display port to DVI adapter because every single time upon restart of the PC after this issue occurs it only recognizes the left side monitor and won t recognize the right one until I unplug the adapter from the displayport and reinsert it Obviously I don t want to be unplugging and replugging my monitor on a daily basis so I m wondering if anyone has heard of a similar problem or what I could possibly do about this Thanks in advance everyone nbsp

A:Dual monitors occasionally won't display anything after PC is idle

Update: I've discovered that usually the problem can be solved by unplugging and replugging the displayport adapter while the PC is on, but only if the aforementioned "blue line" is present on the right-hand screen when I move the mouse. Yesterday, I had a similar issue except that instead of turning back on and detecting the PC's video signal which is just a black screen for both of them (with blue bar on the right one), the monitors (both of them) refused to even acknowledge that there was a signal coming to them at all and wouldn't even turn their backlights on or wake from sleep mode. Even when I hooked up 2 different monitors using standard DVI-D single link or dual link cables, I still could not get any video signal to output at all, to ANY monitor.

Turning my speakers on, I found that I could hear the Windows 8 "device connect" and "device disconnect" sounds when I unplugged or replugged either of my 27" monitors, but nothing at all was heard when attempting to switch to other monitors. This tells me that Windows IS detecting and seeing the monitors, but somehow the video signal is just not reinitializing properly after the computer turns the monitors off after idle time.

The only solutions I've got at the moment are to set Windows to NEVER turn my monitors off, or to shut down the PC every single time I'm done with it; neither of these solutions are particularly pleasing to me. Please let me know if anyone has any advice at all, even if it's just an idea that may or may not work out.

BTW my PC specs are:

2500K currently at stock settings
16 GB Patriot DDR3-1333
MSI Z68A-GD55 B3
2x Radeon HD 7950 also currently at stock settings
120 GB Vertex 3 (OS/main apps drive)
1TB WD Blue
1TB WD Black
1000W Cooler Master modular PSU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors-occasionally-wont-display-anything-after-pc-is-idle.196256/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I've removed a lot of things yesterday and when i check today, i lost sound. I think I accidentally removed something related to sound drivers or something like that...but I don't remember what.
There is no volume control in the taskbar. I have reinstalled the audio device and everything is fine but still no sound. I also checked the device manager and there is no any conflicts.

Here is my sound devices information in the attachments.

Thank for helping

A:Have audio device installed but still no sound

Did you also try looking in Add/Remove Programs to first uninstall Realtek from there?

If not, try that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-audio-device-installed-but-still-no-sound.165169/
Relevancy 15.48%

Got aspire 7520 series notebook, who wont boot but on boot flashes caps lock 2 times need to find what problem indicates two blinks

A:Aspire 7520 wont boot need help finding info

Remove the battery and connect the AC adapter only... does it then boot?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/aspire-7520-wont-boot-need-help-finding-info.195750/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi All

I am running a Windows 7 PC with a Nividia NVS310 Graphics card which has 2 DVI inputs.

I currently have a 22" BENQ screen connected to one of the DVI inputs, but would like to install another older screen which uses a VGA lead. (An old HP unit supplied with the original PC)

The graphics card does not have this facility but the base unit does have the option to connect via VGA.

Questions is am I am to configure the system to recognise both the DVI connected screen through the graphics card and the VGA connected screen running through the standard base unit into a duel screen set up.

I look forward to your responses, thank you in advance.

Steve

A:Dual screen set up inquiry

NVIDIA NVS 310

Specifications:

# of Connectors - 2
DisplayPort - 2
Single-Link DVI-D - 2 (using DisplayPort to SL-DVI Cable Adaptor)
Dual-Link DVI-D - 2 (using DisplayPort to DL-DVI Cable Adaptor)
VGA - 2 (using DisplayPort to VGA Cable Adaptors)

Normally you can not use the on-board graphics while the card is connected. Installing a card will generally disables the on-board graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-screen-set-up-inquiry.195875/
Relevancy 22.79%

I'm having a problem with my laptop, it seems to have a massive drop in performance. I have a AMD Athlon II M300 (2.0Ghz, 1MB L2 Cache) dual core processor. After noticing the lack of performance I checked my windows base score (crude I know) and the score has reduced from 5.7 to 2.9 (it's pretty much halved) The laptop struggles to do medium powered applications and I'm thinking one of the cores has went down (is this even possible?) I've tried using cpu checkers and the speed what comes back is 2.01 ghz, is this right for a dual core, I'm not really sure how it works. Also this test was done directly after a clean install of windows. Any help and advice would be appreciated, thanks. James

A:Dual core processor problem

Check your power profile settings in windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-core-processor-problem.195267/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi guys sorry for yet another thread like this but my specs are a tad bit lower than the usual quot is X good for or overkill quot thread plus I barely got any stock knowledge or experience for this gen of cards games my current specs are Windows bit Intel Pentium Dual E ghz GB RAM GT GB Coolermaster Extreme Powerplus w Samsung inch x and I plan to either get a or however I just realized the might be overkill for my res already and besides my Dualcore might bottleneck it also and I d prefer on saving rather dual core? with fine already 1366x768 7750 and than getting the fastest I can especially since I also think I need a better processor So do you think this setup plus a to replace the enough for somewhat current games excluding the real machine hogs that aren t really that good like 1366x768 already fine with 7750 and dual core? Crysis like say Tomb Raider Far Cry or Skyrim will be good enough I don t really need to max these atleast get fps medium high no AA low 1366x768 already fine with 7750 and dual core? shadows on any of those because this can t even do that nbsp

A:1366x768 already fine with 7750 and dual core?

The CPU will bottleneck the GPU either way. You wont be able to play C3 on high settings, maybe not even medium. C3 is one of the most demanding games out right now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1366x768-already-fine-with-7750-and-dual-core.195527/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hey there I own a Samsung laptop the model is NP E C I left my computer on the couch rushed off to work and came home to find it on the ground I figured it fell off the couch which is about a foot off the ground When I turned it on the fan was making a loud noise and it was clearly damaged or out of alignment Instead of spending money taking it in I decided to have a look and popped the back off I took the fan off and cleaned it and then put it back However the hard drive was connected to the back cover by a little plug which went into the motherboard so I took that off in order to screw the fan back in place I put the cover back on and tried to put the hard drive chord thingy into stuck menu at Computer boot the motherboard again but it seemed a bit loose I then turned the computer Computer stuck at boot menu on after screwing everything back and now it only goes to the boot menu and no matter what I do whether it be changing the settings back to default Computer stuck at boot menu or trying to keep that plug stable nothing will get me to Windows Did I take something apart that was not supposed to come off nbsp

A:Computer stuck at boot menu

Seriously? No one has any advice? lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-stuck-at-boot-menu.194260/
Relevancy 16.34%

So recently I wanted to boot was over Computer knocked won't and hook my computer up to Computer was knocked over and won't boot my TV and took my PC into my living room where I set it in a very precarious spot Stupidly Long story short my puppy got tangled in the cords and knocked it onto the carpeted floor from about - feet up I know this is a long shot because I can t give much info other than the computer will turn on like everything is fine for about seconds nothing comes on on the monitor and then it shuts off It makes most of its normal boot up sounds except an audible beep it usually makes that I assume is the hard drive kicking in I m not sure about that though although it seems like before it was broken I usually heard that beep about seconds after turning on the PC which is where it now seems to give up and shut down One of the times I ve attempted to turn it on after wiggling some parts around it actually stayed on But it never made that beep and nothing came on the monitor Nothing inside looks physically broken or damaged though I know that doesn t mean much when it comes to computers If anyone has any ideas what is broken please help Thanks nbsp

A:Computer was knocked over and won't boot

Hi, One thing that might have moved is one of the RAM board(s).
The RAM (memory ) boards plug in to edge connectors on the main board, so it's possible that one may have moved in the fall.
Don't know if you have a laptop or desktop tower type but for the laptop you could have a look at something on youtube such as;

The computer must be not powered up when doing this.
There are also many plugs and sockets that might have moved slightly, and if it's not that, it may well be the hard drive seek arm has been damaged, but I would try the easy 'fixes' first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-was-knocked-over-and-wont-boot.194162/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a Dell Dimension 5100 Desktop computer that the power supply recently went on so I replaced it and now the computer is not recognizing the CD/DVD drives?

When I first installed it and powered the computer on it said I had a Floppy Diskette Seek Failure . I don't have any floppy drives installed so I disabled it through the BIOS and now I noticed the drives aren't working . I have two drives installed one to play dvds and burn cds and the other is a dvd burner . Both of the drives power up and you can hear the disk spinning but nothing happens and the computer doest show I have them?

A:Installed New Power Supply / CD Drives not recognized

The old PSU may have taken out the motherboard when it fried - fairly common, especially with the cheap O.E.M. units used by Dell. Also, some Dell boards are proprietary, which means the connectors may not be standard ATX - Check the pinout on the 24 pin ATX connector to make sure it matches on both PSUs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-power-supply-cd-drives-not-recognized.193915/
Relevancy 15.91%

When I boot my computer goes past the first screen, bios. Then it goes to a black screen with a blinking under score in the top left corner. I googled and saw all sorts of recommendations. The first one from windows 7 staff tells a customer to buy a new hard drive. But I decided to try the simple thing first, unplugging all my USB devices. And it worked. Through trial and error I found out it is the keyboard. It work fine if I plug it in after boot. I switched the usb slot the keyboard is plugged into and it still happens.

How do I solve this other then getting a new keyboard? Why does this happen? Could this possibly be the reason my computer is getting hotter then normal?

A:Keyboard causing computer to freeze on boot

Your keyboard or cord could be damaged and sending constant signals to the PC. Try with another keyboard to see if that's the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-causing-computer-to-freeze-on-boot.192465/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hiya,

trying to resolve an issue with my homebuilt computer crashing while playing games. I had an HIS Radeon 5770 installed. I removed it and put in a Radeon 6670. When I powered the computer up, I got "no signal" on my display. I removed the new card and put in the old card again. "no signal"

I tried both in another PCIe slot. "no signal"

For the record, I have a Rampage III Formula mobo. There's no onboard video, so I can't try the computer without a video card.

Help?

A:Installed new Graphics card, now neither new nor old card sends signal to display

Have you tried clearing the mobo's CMOS (including battery removal) ?
Did you test the HD 5770 in another machine to see if it was indeed failing ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-graphics-card-now-neither-new-nor-old-card-sends-signal-to-display.192721/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, does anyone know what the problem is? I took out the screen of my old laptop, and put a replacement screen in. The screen its self (Samsung) is exactly the same model as the old one, except the inverter board looks a bit different. The laptop turns on fine with no screen plugged in, but when when I plug the new screen in, the only thing that turns on is the power supply light. I tried removing the new screen and it turned on fine. It's only when the screen is plugged in when it doesn't turn on. Is it because it's the wrong inverter board? I still have the old one. Should I just switch the boards? Thanks for all the help.

A:Replaced Laptop Screen but Wont Turn On When Installed

**Update: I tried replacing the inverter board, but the connecter with 6 pins wont fit...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-laptop-screen-but-wont-turn-on-when-installed.192648/
Relevancy 16.77%

I have an HP running Win 7 home premium / 64.
tried to recover and got a config problem and win will not now boot at all. Tried to Change Win to boot from CD. Won't do it even though I cahnged it it Start up. I am now somehow in Edit Boot option inside windows . Reads thus
Edit Windows boot option for : win Setup

Path: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

[/minit /redirect rdmageoffset=8192 rdimagelength=3161088 rdpath=multi(0)disk(0)
rdisk(0)partition(3)\recovery\windowsRE\winre.wim

I know I need to chnage something here but what?
Stuck in a circle. can't use cd now because it is in a boot circle. I get a config error and call your manufacture for help !!! ????

By the way Optical drive is fine. Had loaded in win 7 with recovery disk by the cd and when it came up this config problem manafested and that is how I got into this loop!

A:Won't boot at all

Any updates on this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wont-boot-at-all.192090/
Relevancy 16.77%

Solvest.

A:HDD vs USB vs SSD boot

If you have USB 3.0 and a fast thumb drive like Sandisk Extreme, Corsair Flash Voyager GT Speed, or Kingston Data Traveler HyperX, it will be faster than a HDD, about like a first generation SSD. USB 2.0 is going to be slower than the HDD, so in this case, an external HDD would be just as fast as and cheaper than a large 2.0 thumb drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-vs-usb-vs-ssd-boot.192555/
Relevancy 22.36%

Just hooked up to att uverse ,they installed a att200 modem/router ,I have 12 mbps internet. I cant seem to make it hook up to the router
I have tried to enter the info on the printer keypad and throught the computer. computer is pent. 4 ,xp,

I was able to connect my laptop and kindle to the router.
I am not sure if the printer is recognizing the router or vice versa.
in general I dont know what is happening

I just found out it will print from my laptop,so I think my printer is connecting to the router,correct?
just tried to print from laptop again and did not work.
the wifi light on the printer is off.
it used to work great with the other router before att upgraded me

Printer is a epson workforce 520

It is a motorola router

A:AT&T installed new router/modem now my printer will not connect wifi

It worked, then didn't work? What? :S

Maybe check the wifi encryption. Make surei t's WPA2 and not anything else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/at-t-installed-new-router-modem-now-my-printer-will-not-connect-wifi.192245/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi guys So Can't default as boot set SSD to device seem a quick background here I went from using a normal HDD with windows bit os and unplugged it while I installed bit windows os on my new SSD samsung booted up no problem after setting the sata controller Can't seem to set SSD as default boot device to AHCI and shut down to put my hdd back in as a storage drive not Can't seem to set SSD as default boot device yet wanting to format the drive just incase I have any issues with my ssd I can still use the pc via the hdd Booted up fine however it was running in IDE So I used the regedit suggested by windows of setting the value data box to and it caused a bsod I then read that I had to do the regedit for both the ssd and hdd so I did which lead to no problems booting up and running AHCI just fine However the only way I can force my computer to boot using the ssd is to hit F for boot menu and select it it is not an option inside my BIOS and by default every time it will just boot from my hdd unless it s not plugged in in which case it ll boot the ssd When it boots from hdd as always if not using f menu it ll show the ssd as drive E effectively everything works ok but having to hit f every time I boot up or restart to select the boot device is going to get tedious Just to elaborate what I mean by it not being an option in the bios I have the Gigabyte H M-UD H motherboard and the only boot devices that are displayed in the bios are Floppy LS Hard Disk CDROM ZIP USB-FDD USB-ZIP USB-CDROM USB-HDD Legacy Lan With Hard Disk selected it ll behave as described above To clarify the only way I can appear to chose to boot from the ssd is via the boot menu F Is there any way I can properly set it so the ssd is the primary boot device Baring in mind I don t want to format the hdd at the moment nbsp

A:Can't seem to set SSD as default boot device

So you can only boot into the 32 bit version of Windows?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-seem-to-set-ssd-as-default-boot-device.192029/
Relevancy 15.91%

Gents, built my own machine last year and installed a 60GB SSD strictly for Win 7 only (have two other HD's installed for storage and programmes)

Lately im getting alerts to say my SSD is now full and after doing what I could through the tools on Win 7 I was only able to free up 5 GB's What the hell is on here? Win updates? Everything I do is directed to my HD on the E: drive

Alternative is to buy another - can you transfer the root HD to another HD? really didnt plan for this, I know 60GB isnt that large but it was only ever to use as a boot drive.

Suggestions anyone?

A:60GB boot SSD full, but don't save anything to it

System restore points or pagefile maybe?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/60gb-boot-ssd-full-but-dont-save-anything-to-it.187889/
Relevancy 21.93%

I ve only had my PC for about a year now and it s been going slower by every passing month I ve never installed anything E218 Dual Pentium slower running Core than rated on my PC except games from Steam and Windows Update stuff and graphics card Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated drivers from the official AMD website My Intel Pentium Dual Core E GHz is now running at GHz I always keep my PC clean and virus Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated free yet for some reason the CPU has slowed down a lot and games that I used to play before are almost unplayable now A friend suggested that I might have to update my BIOS but he also said that up and it could ruin my PC forever and I ve got just as much PC experience as a turtle has speed I recently upgraded to Windows -bit from Windows XP -bit but my CPU still remains at GHz I ve never overclocked or fidgeted with anything on my PC I sometimes carefully hoover out the dust on my CPU but I already had this problem a while before I hoovered my CPU When I m on my desktop my CPU temperature is always at around C in-game it s around C so it s not overheating I hope you can help -Love Panda nbsp

A:Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated

Try changing your power settings. I would switch it to high performance mode. Now, what are you using to monitor your CPU ? Are you getting these figures while the computer is idle or doing simple tasks? It could just be down clocking itself because of speed step.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-dual-core-e218-running-slower-than-rated.190364/
Relevancy 22.36%

Morning guys,

I recently set up my system with dual monitors.
I'm quite a keen gamer so what I've been doing is playing games on one screen and then streaming video (youtube, iplayer, tvcatchup, etc...) on the other one. I have noticed a slight decrease in FPS while playing games.
Now I know that the graphics card now has extra to do than it used to.

So my question is what part of the card is having the issue, is it the GPU or is it the VRAM or even both?

I currently have a HD6870 1gb, I was looking to upgrade shortly anyway so I was thinking if it is the VRAM I will make sure I get one that has more than 1GB,

Cheers

A:Reason for performance decrease since dual monitoring

Hocknose said:

So my question is what part of the card is having the issue, is it the GPU or is it the VRAM or even both?Click to expand...

Both. Although you're still only gaming on one screen so the slowdown shouldn't be too severe (watching videos isn't that GPU intensive). There's many programs out there which lets you check your GPU activity and VRAM usage in programs, personally I use MSI Afterburner.

If you're looking to upgrade then pretty much all current generation mid range cards have 2GB of VRAM or more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reason-for-performance-decrease-since-dual-monitoring.189981/
Relevancy 15.91%

Good morning Techos!

I was wondering if you guys could lend some help at me regarding the HP g61 laptop.

1. When the pc boots, there are hang ups I experience:
a. At start, I just see a black screen with a small underscore character in the top-left,
b. Starts, sees Hp logo, then boots, and hangs up at windows 7 logo with "Starting Windows" caption.
c. Tests, Start-up tests, run-test, hdd test and memory test in the hardware test but hangs in either of them two.
d. Boots up, sees "Windows Error Recovery Screen" page, and hangs (hangs at 30 sec countdown)

2. I am suspecting that the processor is somewhat damaged already, because I tested the HDD and RAM on my other laptop, it works just fine. Please advise if there are ideas that springs up on your mind. It will be a waste if it will not be resolved. Thank you Techos!!

A:HP G61 laptop doesn't boot properly

Is this a new laptop still under warranty or not?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-g61-laptop-doesnt-boot-properly.189666/
Relevancy 22.36%

I ve got two monitors a Dell SE WFP and a MICROTEK c My video card is a Asus Radeon HD and I m trying to connect them using an adapter splitter cable The video card supports a HDMI DisplayPort and a DVI connector My splitter s end piece is a DVI then it goes to a VGA and another DVI The Dell is a DVI the Microtek is a VGA The with monitors adapter/splitter Trouble dual using an problem is it only picks up one monitor Here s what it looks like in the Screen Resolution As you can see it shows there s two Dells being listed If I unplug the dell on startup and let only the microtek load up Trouble using dual monitors with an adapter/splitter the screen is there but when I plug in the dell afterwards it turns off the microtek and leaves just the dell on There s no drivers available for the Microtek so it labels it as a generic nopnp monitor could that be the issue I ve tried also messing around with AMD Vision Engine Control which is my video card s software Any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Trouble using dual monitors with an adapter/splitter

You can't display two different video feeds using a splitter. You need to buy another monitor and use two physical outputs on your graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-using-dual-monitors-with-an-adapter-splitter.189924/
Relevancy 16.34%

I have an acer aspire 5315 and when I boot it up with the power adapter plugged in nothing happens. Then when I boot it up using only the battery power, it attempts to boot but this only lasts for a few seconds and shuts off again.any suggestions on what might be wrong?

A:Acer won't boot up

Remove the battery and try the AC only and see if it boots up?

Also what happen prior to this issue?
Did the laptop shutdown after a crash?

Check AC power that AC power cord and adapter can be replaced from online vendors cost is pretty cheap. I own two ACER/GATEWAY laptop and ACER Netbook both use the same AC adapter. To test your adapter you need what is called a multi- AC/DC tester it has positive and negative leads. If you don't want to get to technical you can replace the AC power adapter.

1. Rule out that the AC power adapter is defective?
2. Rule out that the Battery is defective or just plain dead?
3. If AC power only without battery installed won't start-up the laptop then you know AC power adapter is bad.
4. Check the pin connection using a flashlight to see if the pin inside the laptop is bent? If this is bent or damage then the laptop needs to be repaired. Normally this would be easy to fix most trained service tech would replace the module for the power adapter if such a part exist or they would replace the entire MOBO (motherboard).

Is the laptop running Windows 7 or 8?

Your model AC Adapter: http://www.amazon.com/Power-Supply-19V-3-42a-1-77mm/dp/B001MQ694W if you need to replace it that battery is on this link too. Both are really not to expensive. You should always have a replacement battery and AC power adapter around just in case of problems like this one.

Also if it's not the AC adapter or battery then you're looking at a defective MOBO (motherboard) or defective HDD. This laptop would need to be troubleshooted though to make sure what's the issue could be. But with the above info you should be able to figure most of what the issue could be.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-wont-boot-up.189783/
Relevancy 15.91%

I have a hp pavilion dv4 with 4gb ram and windows vista and it won't boot under battery power even though when I boot it up with ac power it says the battery is fully charged.

A:Battery power boot up problem

How old is the HP? If its been a few years since you bought it, you might try re calibrating the battery from the BIOS, most HP and Gateway computers have a utility inside the BIOS for calibrating the battery. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can find one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-power-boot-up-problem.189626/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hi I have installed a DVD player burner in my sons computer but when we try to boot up it comes up insert Diskette,I thought maybe it is the jumper on the DVD player moved it to all positions still no joy.If I take the DVD player out the computer boots up and starts fine.I tried changing the boot order as well still wont start up.I only know a small amount of knowledge of computers so any ideas to fix this problem.Regards Martin.

A:Computer doesn't boot with DVD player connected

Jumper and diskette? Is this an old computer w/ a disk drive? With disk drive and DVD player connected with a flat wide ribbon cable (IDE)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-boot-with-dvd-player-connected.189420/
Relevancy 16.34%

I have an old fujitsu stylistic LT C-500 pen tablet which gives 4 errors on boot up. The first is query support failed. It has to do with fujitsu display monitor application.The second is pen tablet failed to initialize and pen functionality is not available although I just installed a new driver and it works fine. The third error secure attention sequence error which says it is unable to create a tray icon for the secure attention sequence application. The fourth error is WMI Error: Error accessing class instance. It also has to do with fufitsu display monitor application. I have wxp installed and a .5 ghz processor with 128 mb ram. Eveything seems to work just fine except for that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-up-errors.189373/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, I just got rid of Win7 32 bit and installed 64 bit, but I screwed up the partition when I was doing the clean install. Right now I have:
Disk 0 74.5GB Online
System Reserved is at 100MB
(C 14.9 GB
Unallocated 59.5 GB

Is there a way that I can remove the partitions all together? I am in the Disk Management in Admin Tools, but unsure of what to do at this point. Any help is greatly appreciated......

A:Just installed Win7 64-bit and screwed up the partitions...

Nevermind..... Figured it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-installed-win7-64-bit-and-screwed-up-the-partitions.188931/
Relevancy 15.91%

Laptop won't boot. Put in installation disc in CD drive. System won't boot to CD rom. I removed the HDD, put CD in drive, it boots to CD ROM. Reinsert HDD, plug in power, no boot to splash screen or allowing access to bios. Remove HDD, boots to CD ROM...
Thoughts?

I don't understand why it won't boot to CD with disc inserted. It should boot up to CD regardless since it is first in boot order.

Disregard specs below. It's Toshiba Satellite A665 Laptop.

A:Toshiba Satellite A665 laptop won't boot

Update: I had suspected the HDD was bad. The OS did finally boot. It cannot find a HDD. Can you say Newegg?

First and last Toshiba for me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a665-laptop-wont-boot.188913/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello,

I have searched the internet trying to work out if it is possible to use both a DVI connection and a VGA connection to set up dual monitors but I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere.

I have a nVidia Geforce3 graphics card which has DVI, VGA and an S-Video connection and I just want to know if it is possible for me to set up dual monitors as I want both my computer monitor and my TV screen hooked up at once.

Thank you for any replies!

A:Dual monitors: DVI and VGA

Yes it should be possible to hook up via different connector types. I've used hdmi and dvi for tv and monitor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors-dvi-and-vga.187986/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi I had some issues with a HDD around this time last year so I replaced it with a new western digital HDD I wasn t able to back anything up so I cloned it instead turns out I installed the incorrect driver for my video card and suffered from the BSOD syndrome well I finally got that sorted out I think and now I am trying relentlessly to get catalyst pro control center to work properly Ive read numerous places online that involves editing Catalyst work doesn't Center after I driver wrong installed the Control the Assembly folder but I have no such keys in there when I try and run CCC it tells me that I am unable to run as I wouldn t be able to change any settings within the app basically Ive tried uninstalling installing trying ATI opposed to AMD- to Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver no anvil I know for a fact that I had CCC on this pc but it almost seems impossible to get up and running I am very desperate to get this up and running thanx in advance nbsp

A:Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver

Hhhmmmm... let's take a look

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/catalyst-control-center-doesnt-work-after-i-installed-the-wrong-driver.187782/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hi we are working on a computer for a family member Windows has slowed down incredibly won't Toshiba recognized Satellite CD not different two S7802... boot, put drives... ROM in they had multiple viruses and spyware we tried to clean it off for them but decided it would be easier to just do a reinstall We have been googling going to various tech sites etc and cannot figure this out The CD drive was not recognized in Windows and wouldn t work we thought it was just part of their other computer problems Upon rebooting it won t boot from the CD ROM which is a Toshiba brand factory drive We already checked the boot order CD ROM is set first HDD second No network boot enabled So we thought the drive was bad We bought a new drive put it in same issue I find it hard to believe we got two bad drives one after the other Windows of course doesn t Toshiba Satellite S7802... put in two different CD ROM drives... won't boot, not recognized recognize it either Both of the drives act like they can read they flash you hear them running but it doesn t show up and won t allow us to boot into anything not Windows not Linux nothing from the CD ROM It just will not boot from anything but the hard drive and no option to Toshiba Satellite S7802... put in two different CD ROM drives... won't boot, not recognized boot from USB We are at a loss as to what to try next We tried looking for jumpers cables etc but it doesn t have them Any suggestions nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite S7802... put in two different CD ROM drives... won't boot, not recognized

Dose this laptop or computer have a recovery partition?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-s7802-put-in-two-different-cd-rom-drives-wont-boot-not-recognized.187772/
Relevancy 39.13%

I just built myself a new computer & W7 SSDs XP boot Dual using I have a Samsung GB SSD as a Windows HP boot drive - Sweet and fast I have a legacy Canoscan Lide scanner that has no driver support for W I installed VMware player and installed XP Dual boot using SSDs XP & W7 pro so I could use the scanner but have not been successful at getting it to work I have tried to connect to the scanner in VM and get the message that the scanner is being disconnected from the host but then fails to load the driver in the VM I m not opposed to tinkering with it in the VM some more I suppose I could create another VM and install Linux which would have scanner support My next thought was to use an old Intel V GB SSD as a second drive with XP pro for a dual boot system My question is whether the TRIM function in W will monitor the nd drive with XP Will the utilities from Intel or Samsung keep the V functioning smoothly Is it a worthwhile use of the V Any general thoughts discussion on this Thanks Monton nbsp

A:Dual boot using SSDs XP & W7

Upgrade (one option is Windows Anytime Upgrade) to Windows 7 Professional and then use XP Mode. XP Mode has better integration with the OS than other VM's. Another solution would be to simply replace the scanner. Either option would be less headache than dual booting in the long run.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to talk you out of dual booting. I personally think you would be happier by replacing the scanner and not having to deal with Dual Booting or managing VM's.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-boot-using-ssds-xp-w7.187434/
Relevancy 15.91%

I have an odd problem with a new GPU card where I get no video signal on power up but on boot problem video Strange as soon as Windows load the graphics driver the monitor turns on My system is self built and has been running fine until recently when I seemed to have a problem with the existing GPU hence the warranty replacement My system is Motherboard GA-X A-UD R Rev CPU Intel I- GHz GPU MSI GTX PE OC Memory GB Crucial DDR PSU Coolermaster RS- -SPHA-D W V A V A V A Now I ve already run through a swathe of tests and can confirm that all the components Strange video problem on boot are working Tried GTX in another system and it works fine tried an NVidia Quadro in the above system and it works fine - I see video from power up to Windows login screen I ve tried different DVI cables and this makes no difference - the cables I am using are good Next I have a KVM so I put both the GTX and the Quadro into the system and cabled their DVI O P to separate ports in the KVM This is where the fun starts NOTE there is no onboard video so I need some way to see the BIOS and boot screens hence this setup Some background on the motherboard It has a BIOS setting that defines what PCI slot will be used as the initial display port This can be set to PCI PCI-E slot and PCI-E slot As long as I put the Quadro in slot I can use the PCI and PCI-E slot BIOS settings and I will get video from power up but the GTX does not produce a signal until Windows loads its driver at which point the monitor turns on and I can login to Windows using the GTX as my display If I swap the cards around I don t get a video signal at any time and no matter how long I wait Windows does not appear to boot If I change the BIOS setting with the Quadro in slot to PCI-E slot then I do get video Finally if I remove the Quadro it is irrelevant what the BIOS setting is I get no video signal on power up until Windows boot loads the GTX driver and from that point I can work normally I ve googled extensively but haven t found anything close to this some similar and none of the solutions are relevant to my problem I have upgraded the vbios on the but have not been able to find the latest BIOS for the motherboard I ve tried using the Gigabyte BIO update tools but a the Bios tool doesn t list my motherboard b another tool lists my motherboard as revision but it is clearly marked on the board as revision c they list the BIOS version as FB but on the download site there is no FB revision for either revision or revision motherboards so reluctant to try flashing any of the later BIOS versions I m thinking of buying a cheap GPU just so I can get into BIOS or the Windows boot menu when I need to if I can t track down the problem so any suggestions would be gratefully received BTW I have cleared the CMOS and reset the BIOS multiple times but it makes no difference Many thanks George nbsp

A:Strange video problem on boot

Seems the problem may lie with the card. After exhausting and eliminating all causes I could think of, the last thing I thought of to try was to connect to my TV using the HDMI socket on the card. This provides a video signal from power on but using the DVI socket I don't get video until Windows has loaded the GTX 670 driver.

Any ideas why the DVI socket is fine when I use the NVidia Quadro but doesn't provide a video signal in standard VGA when I use the 670?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-video-problem-on-boot.187290/
Relevancy 16.34%

I recently got this computer from a friend so I have no idea how long this has been going on. Probably why he got rid of it. I will plug in the power cord and try to boot with the battery in and nothing will happen. If I reach under the laptop and remove the battery and then try to boot up it comes on like normal. I can then put the battery back in but it makes no difference after that. The battery is completely dead. Does anyone know if this is a common problem with a bad battery or what. The computer is a Dell Latitude D630. If I knew that putting a good new battery in it would fix it I would without hesitation I just need to know if that is the problem or is it another glitch. If anyone knows the answer I would appreciate if they would pass it on. Thanks

A:Cannot boot laptop unless battery is out

The charging system has too little capacity to run+charge at the same time. simple solution: buy a new battery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-boot-laptop-unless-battery-is-out.187220/
Relevancy 18.49%

Can I change my motherboard from single channel to dual channel Is decided by the bios? Acer x1700 desktop. thanks

A:Single channel to dual channel

That depends on whether or not you have a matching set of dual channel memory installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/single-channel-to-dual-channel.186999/
Relevancy 15.91%

I have a PC running Windows bit on an ASUS p e delux mobo My video card was a nice NVIDIA GeForce GT ASUS which died a week ago and had to be replaced I decided to go for an ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti after some rather vague technical advice Please note that the mobo has a pci-e slot and the card runs on pci-e The No video during signal boot sequence advice I received was that the card will run but on pci-e speed which was OK No video signal during boot sequence I installed the card and booted the PC My monitor came up with a quot NO SIGNAL quot indication After a considerable amount of time the monitor turned on and Windows booted normally with one exception the dvd drive No video signal during boot sequence had suddenly become quot invisible quot Note that the driver for this drive is loaded during the boot sequence Other indications like num lock on which I had set to off showed that something was changed in the boot sequence From then on I boot and teh same happens Windows runs nicely on the new video card everything is great but no boot sequence and no dvd drive Unfortunately I cannot see the boot sequence to try and fix this I cannot use the dvd drive to load anything I cannot see my way out of this Please help I have no idea how to fix this nbsp

A:No video signal during boot sequence

The video card may not be recognized/accessed until the computer boots up fully. Do you know if you have an Onboard video port on the motherboard?? If so, try connecting to that and booting the computer to see if it shows anything on first boot and then goes away as soon as it goes to boot windows..

Could check the BIOS settings for anything to do with how video is treated, if it is set to try and use both Onboard or an extra video card, try switching it to only an extra card. However, if the card dies and you're forced to use onboard you will have to reset the BIOS before you can use it again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-signal-during-boot-sequence.186759/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone I have recently bought a laptop samsung R Specs AMD Phenom II x N gb ram DDR gb 6GB RAM N970, Samsung R525 installed, laptop 1.5GB of usable HDD gb dedicated Radeon M Radeon onboard win x You can also look here So all is prefect in this rig except phys memory in system properties it says gb installed and usable There are two slots one has in it gb of ram another- gb It looks like only gb s stick is used because is usable other mb are shared with onboard gpu Where are the other gb is Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable a mystery Resource monitor shows gb reserved by hardware but BIOS sees all installed Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable as well as memtest I actually tried everything reinstall ram didnt Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable swap though looked at system config where it was unchecked in memory section pagefile is okay system is x BIOS doesnt have mem remap feature but it s a modern BIOS so I guess it s enabled per default So I m kinda lost and I want customer support contacted as a last resort What should I do update BIOS or try to change those sticks but then they ll be turned by side will it work I searched hell a lot on that ram topic but nothing was helpful Thank you and looking forward for your advices nbsp

A:Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable

Type msinfo32 in Run Command, what does it show?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-laptop-r525-n970-6gb-of-ram-installed-1-5gb-usable.169350/
Relevancy 14.19%

Hie

My hp laptop had its battery flat for 12 hours. After that the laptop can nolonger boot up or charge. Please help

A:HP laptop cannot boot up or charge battery after battery went flat for 12 hours

What is the model of your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-cannot-boot-up-or-charge-battery-after-battery-went-flat-for-12-hours.186087/
Relevancy 15.91%

Good evening, I cant afford to take my laptop to a tech so I am posting here in hope of help. I have a Toshiba satellite l755, I turn my pc this mourning on and it showed me this messege. Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 083)
For atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.0.
Check cable connection!
PXE-M0F Exiting Intel PXE ROM.
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key
What happend to my computer? Please help

A:Toshiba Satellite l755 trying to boot from network

In the BIOS, look in the boot options and take the "other devices" or "other" out of the boot sequence.
Make sure that HDD is listed as first boot option.
This should be enough,
BUT... I would also check to see if boot from LAN is enabled.
If it is, (unless you need it for some reason) disable it.

PXE is a protocol that will enable you to boot from a network drive or server.
When it says that it failed, it is because it could not find an OS on the network.

To enter bios, watch the screens when you power on.
It will tell you the right keys to press to enter your bios setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l755-trying-to-boot-from-network.185830/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hi

I recently installed a gigabyte B75M-D3H 1155 mobo, i5 cpu, my pc boots fine but there is no BIOS splash screen at all and it is worrying me. I can boot into win 7 fine, but when I turn the computer on it goes from blank screen very quick (1 second) cursor flash, then windows splash screen. Is something wrong? It has done this since the 1st time I booted it. Going into the Bios there is an option named "full screen logo show" but it makes not difference whether that is enabled or not. My monitor is on the whole time, not waking from sleep or anything like that.

A:New motherboard - BIOS splash screen is skipped during boot

The new MBoards are really fast going through the BIOS Post. I looked at thier site, and there is a utility that lets you access the BIOS through Windows. Install the app, then you can set a post delay.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4315&dl=1#utility
Really looks like a great board, lots of cool features.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-bios-splash-screen-is-skipped-during-boot.184239/
Relevancy 22.79%

I recently got a zte g n290 phone,TV phone, but its locked to a particular network/ service provider. I got some info on how to unlock it and did, before I did it said invalid sim but now it goes through and now it searches and then says Emergency / select a network. I've tried other codes and stuff.
If there is any other way that I can do this please inform.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unlock-dual-band-phones.185172/
Relevancy 22.79%

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I have rebooted my PC and installed the driver using Driver max. I tried reinstalling but that did not help. Any ideas on what is wrong?

The driver installed is 3DP edition Sigma v9.12 (SigmaTel C-Major Audio)

Chipset is a Intel G31 (Bearlake) + ICH7

I have no clue what the motherboard is though.

Even with this information any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You

A:Sound card driver installed - but still gives Code 10

List any Problem devices

Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
In your next post, click Upload a file to attach it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-driver-installed-but-still-gives-code-10.181181/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey y'all,
I'm having a problem with my dual monitor setup. On my secondary screen I'm only getting a resolution of 1360x 768 when I should be getting a resolution of 1680x1050. Ubuntu is reading my computer as a laptop (don't know if this affects it). I'm using ubuntu 12.04 with a nividia GeForce 7100 Graphics Card. I've tried installing different drivers and changing the xconf file but still no go. Anybody have any idea of a fix?
Below are images of my nvidia x server settings/configuration/display configuration.

A:Dual monitor resolution problem

From my experience, dual monitors need to run at the same resolution for the seamless extension
which allows BOTH screens to appear as ONE canvas. The other option just replicates from a->b
and imo is kind off silly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitor-resolution-problem.184905/
Relevancy 15.91%

I have a 7 y/o Dell inspiron 9300 which froze for the first time. I had to restart. At the initial Dell start up screen the screen went black with the cursor flashing top left. I have tried to reboot from the o/s cd but after loading set-up files it only offers me the option of overwriting and deleting the partition with all my files and applications. I cannot get to the recovery console. I get to the c:\windows comd prompt but after that it says the command I type is invalid. I have tried ctrl f11 and f8 as advised by some forums, but the screen stays black with flashing cursor. I've removed the battery and run it of a/c power, no good. The computer is old and I want to replace it but I need to get all my files off it before I do. Anyone any more ideas?

A:My Dell inspiron 9300 won't boot

Sounds like the hard drive has failed, but you may be able to recover files by installing a new drive. Remove the old hard drive and put it aside. Format and install Windows on the new drive. Buy an external USB enclosure and install the old drive into it. Attach the USB enclosure to the laptop and see if you can access the files

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-inspiron-9300-wont-boot.184505/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hewlett Packard Compaq Presario SR 1000
Microsoft Window XP
Home Edition
Version 2002, Service Pack 3
2.19Ghz, 1.00GB of RAM

ACPI Uniprocessor PC
AMD Athlon ? 64 Processor 3700+
NVIDIA GeForce 6200SE TurboCache?

Hello,

I wish to connect a second monitor to my PC desktop.
My current monitor is a LCD, Plug and Play monitor, manufacturer: standard monitor type, model WJ1780PI, D-12055 - one straight wire, (please see attachment numbered 1) connecting to a VGA port.

There is also another VGA port, (see attachment numbered 2). However I tried taking out the VGA cable from slot 1 and slotting it into slot 2 and it came up that there is no signal?

What would be the best way to get around this. Would a VGA splitter work??

A:Advice on how to set up dual monitors

The VGA port that you have there marked as "2" is the Integrated graphic cards VGP port and it does not work together with the one that is marked as"1". If you want to connect one more display to that graphics card then you will have to use the connectors on the right side of the "1" VGA port. Sadly tho the s-video and the RCA there are mostly used to old projectors and TVs.
So I would say that you will need to get a new graphics card (GPU) to get more displays connected.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-how-to-set-up-dual-monitors.183295/
Relevancy 23.22%

What is the least expensive way to add a second monitor, not including cost of monitor

A:Dual monitors

All you need to add a second monitor is a graphics card with at least two display ports (which most do). Two DVI connections is recommended but you can use DP or HDMI as well. The desktop can be configured and arranged after through your video card's control panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors.184392/
Relevancy 15.91%

I ve been troubleshooting this one all day If anyone can give me some insight it would be much appreciated Just built a new boot not Vista on or drive reading DVD in system ECS Black deluxe mobo i - GB ram took the other out to trobuleshoot thermaltake SP- M psup and a DVD drive not reading on boot or in Vista LG ODD MOBO link http www newegg com Product Prod Power Supply DVD drive not reading on boot or in Vista http www newegg com Product Prod SP- M I DVD drive not reading on boot or in Vista can t get the DVD Drive to read my windows boot disc I ve installed a Vista HDD from another machine which boots fine and runs everything except for the ODD The ODD does respond to eject commands from Vista I ve tried plugging it in to multiple SATA ports and switched the SATA cable with ones I know to be good from the HDD I ve also tried using the Vista install disk for kicks but no dice there either More than that I ve tried swapping the DVD Drive with a known good one and I get nothing out of it Any ideas Am I missing something with the way the SATA cables connections have to be configured nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-not-reading-on-boot-or-in-vista.184107/
Relevancy 22.79%

I've just recently bought brand new parts to build a desktop and everything was running smoothly until I installed the video card. The monitor wouldn't display anything anymore. After removing the video card, everything worked perfectly again. However, when the video card was plugged in, the fans were running but the monitor was still not displaying anything. Could this be an issue with the mobo, videocard, psu, or monitor?

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI Bios

Video Card: MSI Twin Frozr iii Radeon 7950

PSU: Corsair 750watts Bronze plus

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Processor: Intel i7 2600k

Monitor: ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor W/Speakers

A:Monitor not displaying anything with graphics card installed

Did you disable onboard video? sometimes if you use the mobo's video output it gets confuzzled when you switch to a dedicated GPU. also are you plugging everything in correctly? have you updated drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-displaying-anything-with-graphics-card-installed.183979/
Relevancy 23.22%

Soooooo, my hard disk crashed before I did a backup, I have no recovery disks, toshiba doesnt ship to afghanistan, I bought a SSD drive, I bought Win 7 64 bit. Before this I tried to recover files by any means necessary, to no avail it dleted all my files and drivers. I installed win 7 and realized I had no drivers. From the Toshiba website I installed all drivers for my model L655D-5066. Everything works except the sound. I click on the speakers fron the device manager and win tells me all the drivers are up to date. The driver installed for sound is conexant smart audio hd 4.119 something. The driver for the speakers is windows 6.1. something; it will not let me use the conexant or anything else. What do I have to or need to do?

This is what I see...

A:Installed drivers but no sound

Not sure if I can help, but will take a look...

List any Problem devices

Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-drivers-but-no-sound.182977/
Relevancy 16.34%

Have a NB205 3 years old running Windows XP Sp3 . Unit will power up to thru the Toshiba page
(F2/F12) allows me to go to setup. It will not go beyond this point and I get black screen with blinking cursor. Boot options are HDD, FDD and LAN. I received no recovery disc with the unit.
This happens in either mode power or battery
Help
Chathamjoe

A:Toshiba NB205 won't boot

Those are symptoms of problems with the HD, most likely in the partition table. You will need to use the
restore CD you made when you first used the system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-nb205-wont-boot.183223/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi, I've searched google all over, tried various things but nothing seems to change it

Using Win7 x64, PC Spec:

Intel i7 920
Asus Rampage Genisis 2
I have 3 x 2GB Corsair, (6GB) installed in slot A1, B1 and C1.

Windows only seems to pick up on 4GB however I do have 6GB installed.
I ran CPU-Z to scan my system and it picked up all 3 sticks, they're just not being used for some reason.

Any help greatly appreciated, I have moved the sticks around, reseated them and my CPU (no bent pins) so i'm pretty confident it is either a win7 64 bit issue, maybe a setting somewhere or BIOS settings. Note that I do not have Memory Remapping in my BIOS, is there an alternative?

A:RAM 4GB used 6GB installed

Has Windows ever picked up 6GB? If not then maybe one of the sticks if faulty?

I had the exact same issue as you, one day Windows was randomly missing a 2GB stick but CPU-Z was showing everything there. I took all the RAM sticks out, blew them with compressed air and it worked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-4gb-used-6gb-installed.176059/
Relevancy 16.34%

I have a dell 8250 pc that won't boot up. When I turn the power on it tries to boot but says it cannot see the hard drive. This pc has windows xp. This an IDE unit. I purchased another dell 8250 that has windows xp also, but has bare bones programs. What I would like to know is, can I use my old hard drive in the newer pc and boot from that or do I have to use my old hard drive as a slave on the newer system ? Also would I be able to retrieve my emails from outlook. Any ideas ?

A:Dell 8250 won't boot up

I have a Dell 8250 although that doesn't make me an expert on that PC by any means. I think the first hard drive may have failed. Try putting it into the second Dell and see if it recognizes it. Keep in mind that rather than master and slave, Dell used cable select, at least they did at that time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-8250-wont-boot-up.183129/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hello I ve purchased a quot computer quot on TigerDirect com by ordering parts to place together Here is what I got ASUS P Z -V LX INTEL Z LGA MOTHERBOARD Intel Core i - K Ghz Unlocked LGA CPU Corsair High Perform Vengeance GB DDR Mhz x Seagate TB Serial ATA HD MB SATA- G Sony Optiarc X DVDRW SATA OEM Thermaltake W Modular Power Supply Bronze EVGA GeForce GTX Ti GB GDDR will boot computer Newly-built not PCIe Thermaltake V Black Edition Newly-built computer will not boot Mid Tower Case Corsair SP Performance Edition Newly-built computer will not boot mm Fan TwinPk I believe that everything should work together just fine I saw not conflicting components I ve building the computer placed everything as it should be And I can t get it to boot for more than seconds or less and it shuts down I have a few ideas of what it might be but I cannot test my theories until Monday due to lack of resources at my house at my school s computer clinic I have moderate computer knowledge and would like to see if anyone could help me figure out what my issue might be I m open for suggestions Thanks in advance A nbsp

A:Newly-built computer will not boot

Hi, a few questions.

Did you install the motherboard standoffs correctly? because if any exposed metal is touching the motherboard it could be shorting it out.
Have you tried troubleshooting individual components yet? I have a feeling it might be the PSU because even though it has more than enough wattage, I've heard some suspicious things about thermaltake power supplies being not very reliable. then again, I could be completely wrong, I'm just going off what I've read on review sites and forums.
You could try pressing the ASUS memok! button on the motherboard to eliminate the possibility of it being the RAM.
If I were you I'd try a different power supply.
good luck, if anything happens let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-built-computer-will-not-boot.182928/
Relevancy 16.34%

A co-worker of mine has a Lenovo laptop running Windows 7. It hasn't been working for the past few days. It just refuses to boot up. It comes on, shows the "Starting Windows" screen, and then just sticks on a black screen and refuses to do anything. How could I make it work again? She says she hasn't installed or downloaded anything since it stopped working, so I'm clueless.

A:Why won't this laptop won't boot up?

Hi, Would be good to know how far into loading Windows 7 it gets, if at all.
You do see the BIOS notice at the top of the screen after power button pressed?
Then it changes to the black screen with Windows 4 colour flag?
Is the hard drive LED active? Do you get to the logon box?
Do you get any messages on screen? ( I'm thinking of 'O/S not found' ?).
The LED on the front edge is a good indicator of hard drive activity, plus you can normally hear drive noises,
any clues like that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-wont-this-laptop-wont-boot-up.182828/
Relevancy 22.79%

My system is one month old, or something. I assembled it together with a friend. Since 1st day, CPU-Z does not report dual channel with my DDR3 Corsair Vengeance LP CML8GX3M2A1333C9 8GB ( 2X4GB ) 1333MHz. The sticks are in the slots the mobo manual recommends (A2 B2).

In the BIOS, I could not find the information if they're in single or dual channel.

My chipset and mobo drivers are all up to date.

Edit: Solved (by myself) . All I had to do was uninstall an re-install a newer version of cpu-z. I'm a hero.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-memory-not-in-dual-channel-why.182412/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hi all, here is my question I'm recently building my first PC and and unfortunately I am only able to order part by part. Currently I have my processor, motherboard, power supply and will be ordering my memory next. my processor is a i5 3570k with the Integrated HD4000 Graphics and mobo is a MSI Z77A-GD65, so I planned on using the on-board graphics till I can afford an aftermarket one.

So basically my question is with the processor, mobo, power supply and memory in hand will I be able to run a test boot on the system so I can make sure I don't have any defected or broken parts. If not can you list any extra parts ill need before I can try a test boot. thank you very much.

A:Quick question on test boot

You'll need RAM to seal that deal. The bare components you'll need for a boot/POST are CPU, PSU, board and RAM...a monitor and keyboard wouldn't go amiss either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quick-question-on-test-boot.182253/