Windows Support Forum

Stuck on 'Welcome' screen for at least 5 minutes before login.

Q: Stuck on 'Welcome' screen for at least 5 minutes before login.

It loads up normally, my avatar pops up with my name, I insert my password..

'Welcome *blue circle*'
*5-10 minutes later*
Desktop appears.

I have no idea whats causing it though it started after I had to shut-down my computer using the power button.

I've checked Event Viewer and these are the 5 errors that came up while stuck on the Welcome Screen.

-The AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner service hung on starting
-A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.
-The event logging service encountered an error (res=1117) while initializing logging resources for channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-WHEA.
-Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number.
-Audit events have been dropped by the transport. The real time backup file was corrupt due to improper shutdown. (the first error and the cause perhaps?)

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Stuck on 'Welcome' screen for at least 5 minutes before login.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Stuck on 'Welcome' screen for at least 5 minutes before login.

For starters I would uninstall AVG Free8 .

But download one of the other free AV programs so you can install when you get your machine cleaned up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-welcome-screen-for-at-least-5-minutes-before-login.836312/
Relevancy 70.52%

running windows 10 version 1607,anyways windows did its regular update thing and when it was done now i cant login. i enter my password and its welcome and then just goes right back to the lock screen. please help. cant find anything relevant online so far. sony vaio pc.

A:cant login after recent windows update, stuck at login screen

Hi ! Did you create a system repair CD or a system recovery drive?? Here are the ways that you can recover. My first choice would be to restore to a time before the update with a restore point! Read this by HTG! How to Create and Use a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc in Windows 8 or 10 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...covery-options
PS! Using a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc
A recovery drive will normally not be necessary. If your computer fails to boot several times, Windows 8 or 10 will automatically bring up the advanced startup options, which allows you to troubleshoot and fix it.
If Windows can?t even bring up these tools, you?ll need the recovery drive, system repair disc, or a Windows 8 or 10 installation disc. Insert the recovery media into your computer and restart. Your computer should boot from the recovery media automatically. (If it doesn?t, you may need to change its boot order.)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441980-cant-login-after-recent-windows-update-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi Today my Sony Vaio VPCEB C for after login Black cursor with minutes screen 10-15 E laptop with Windows Home Premium started showing a black screen for up to - minutes every time I log in This happens Black screen with cursor for 10-15 minutes after login in safe mode too The boot up until the login screen is fine - takes about seconds as I'm using a new SSD I find that I can open the task manager Sometimes explorer won't close in the Task Manager no matter what I do but after minutes everything works fine Other times I can kill the explorer process and re-open it with run and then things are back to normal Whatever happens once my taskbar eventually loads everything else seems to be running fine When I last rebooted my laptop a few days ago the laptop rebooted fine The only thing which I recall changing in the last few days is sharing a couple of folders on my home network and a Razer mouse driver updates I've been doing quite a lot of googling around the issue and trying out various solutions Things I've tried so far Malwarebytes scan Panda and avast antivirus scans Performing a clean boot disabling everything except microsoft services using msconfig sfc scannow chkdsk c f chkdsk c r Removing all network drives I had a look in Event Manager to see if I could see anything obvious and it said that the Panda Antivirus Protection service was taking a very long time to start so I uninstalled Panda and replaced it with Avast This had no effect I also just did a system restore to a point several days before the issue emerged The problem is still there None of these have made any difference to the issue At this point with the system restore not working I'm wondering if it could be hardware related I just had another look in the Event Viewer and noticed Event The Server service hung on starting and The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error After starting the service hung in a start-pending state These seem to happen on every boot at the time when it's a black screen If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears Thanks

A:Black screen with cursor for 10-15 minutes after login

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563526/black-screen-with-cursor-for-10-15-minutes-after-login/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Toshiba Satellite and I'm running Vista.

Basically my computer will start up and do everything fine and then it just goes black for about 20 minutes before the cursor shows for a few mins before very slowly loading the login page and then slowly loads the desktop.

I can't get a virus scanner to run for more than a half hour or so before the computer just turns off.

Also - I haven't given it the time to see if it comes out of it like normal start up, but it appears to fail to boot in safe mode.

What can I do? I know I haven't given any info as to what I've tried, but I'm really lost.

Thank you

A:Black screen for 20 minutes between boot and login

Please post what you have tried.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533895/black-screen-for-20-minutes-between-boot-and-login/
Relevancy 66.65%

This is the error I received from my most recent one. Currently using desktop to type.

0x00000f4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFAB00BC27830, 0XFFFFFAB00BC27E10, 0XFFFFF80003FE00D0)

No minidump file because

Physical memory dump failed with status 0xC0000010

The only thing I did before getting the combo of BSODs was to open dota 2.

A:BSOD every 5 minutes, even if I just leave it at login screen.

I did the instructions on the BSOD thread but it doesn't work because I bsod even before the graball finishes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/314064-bsod-every-5-minutes-even-if-i-just-leave-login-screen.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Is that normal?

I feel my Windows is slowing down.

I got 257 GB free so its not that.

A:It takes 3 minutes before the logo switches to the login screen

Do you have a lot of startup programs with your pc?

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/330446-takes-3-minutes-before-logo-switches-login-screen.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi before 3 login Boot minutes screen. time window I have an Acer desktop i gb years old running Windows home premium For the past few months I 've been getting a problem with slow boot time from the initial black Acer screen to Windows starting to load takes between minutes seconds and minutes seconds Windows loads immediately afer the login screen This happens every time I am also having a problem with screen flicker If there is any window open it gives a very quick flicker every so often This seems to be stopping my screensaver kicking in I can preview screensaver but it stops every time at minutes Boot time 3 minutes before window login screen. seconds I use SkyGo in full screen it drops out of full screen after minutes seconds Same as the boot time It seems as though one thing is causing all the problems but I don't know what I have run every type of repair I can think of and now have used the recovery disks to return to factory settings thinking this might solve the problems It didn't boot time just the same no screensaver etc I am totally at a loss now has anyone any idea what could be causing this Boot time 3 minutes before window login screen. Are there any other checks I can make Thanks

A:Boot time 3 minutes before window login screen.

Boot the computer in safe mode. If there is not problem, boot using a clean boot to determine the cause of your problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/352766-boot-time-3-minutes-before-window-login-screen.html
Relevancy 65.79%

How can I diagnose a boot problem between login and desktop?

It does not occur all the time, but when it does it will take a minute or two with Welcome displayed followed by either a Black or Light Blue screen with working cursor. Then the desktop appears and everything works normally.

Would the Forum suggested BSOD dumps and attachments be any help?

New Windows 7 Home Premium Desktop computer, Gigabyte Motherboard, Intel i5 Processor

A:Two Minutes from Login to Desktop with Black or Blue Screen

Ken try these in safe mode mate (power off > power on tap F8 when loaded -

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html< if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334061-two-minutes-login-desktop-black-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My laptop just crashes randomly when I'm using it It's frustrating and it costs me a lot of time When it's booting my keyboard becomes unresponsive so I have to wait for the countdown to run out can't just hit enter into boot normally Sorry for requesting help as this is my first post a every when BSoDs minutes 5 3 BSoD, Frequent login day, screen. times but I'm really getting annoyed at this It's been going on for quite some time If you guys can solve this problem thank you very much If there is any other information you guys need please tell me Might be helpful to note that I never had this many bluescreens ever I bought this laptop years ago and it's been performing fine until about weeks ago I get about bluescreens per day right now I am also experiencing a slowdown issue when my computer boots up Sometimes the mouse just kinda i'm not sure how to describe it It becomes really laggy and I guess if you were playing a video game it'd be like my framerate dropping to about fps Every time I click there's a beep and every time I move my mouse there is a series of beeps My laptop just BSOD'd again Said something about Win sys or something I can't find the dump file Also files don't seem to be dumping every time it bluescreens Quote Perfmon report amp jcgriff BSoD checking thing ------------------------------------------------ performance monitor Frequent BSoD, 3 times a day, BSoDs every 5 minutes when login screen. report html Windows Vista jcgriff zip Code Speccy Snapshot ---------------- http speccy piriform com results e BgDukG oLmDiYk quote Quote MiniToolBox Result txt Quote ---------------- MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Anthony administrator on - - at Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Installed Programs -Zip Acrobat com Version ActiveCheck component for HP Active Support Library Version Actual Transparent Window Version Adobe AIR Version Adobe Community Help Version Adobe Community Help Version Adobe Flash Player ActiveX -bit Version Adobe Flash Player Plugin -bit Version Adobe Media Player Version Adobe Photoshop CS Version Adobe Reader MUI Version Adobe Shockwave Player Version Adobe Shockwave Player Version Agatha Christie - Death on the Nile Version AIM Akamai NetSession Interface Amazon Kindle AMD Catalyst Install Manager Version AMD GPU Clock Tool Version AMD OverDrive Version And Yet It Moves Android SDK Tools Version Apple Application Support Version Apple Mobile Device Support Version Apple Software Update Version Application Profiles Version Aspell Data Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Audiosurf Auslogics Disk Defrag Version version AutoHotkey L Version L AVG Version AVG Version AviSynth Bandisoft MPEG- Decoder Bastion Batman Arkham Asylum Version Batman Arkham City BatteryBar remove only Beat Hazard Bejeweled Deluxe Version Bing Bar Version Bing Bar Platform Version BioShock BIT TRIP BEAT BIT TRIP RUNNER Blackhawk Striker Version Blasterball Version Bloodline Champions Bonjour Version Borderlands Braid Version Broadcom Bluetooth EDR Version Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapter Version Bulletstorm Bunch Of Heroes Bus Driver Version Camtasia Studio Version Catalyst Control Center - Branding Version Catalyst Control Center Version Catalyst Control Center Graphics Previews Common Version Catalyst Control Center InstallProxy Version Catalyst Control Center InstallProxy Version Catalyst Control Center Localization All Version Catalyst Control Center Profiles Mobile Version Cave Story ccc-utility Version CCC Help Chinese Standard Version CCC Help Chinese Traditional Version CCC Help Czech Version CCC Help Danish Version CCC Help Dutch Version CCC Help English Version CCC Help Finnish Version CCC Help French Version CCC Help German Version CCC Help Greek Version CCC Help Hungarian Version CCC Help Italian Version CCC Help Japanese Version CCC Help Korean Version CCC Help Norwegian Version CCC Help Polish Version CCC Help Portuguese Version CCC Help Russian Version CCC Help Spanish Version CCC... Read more

A:Frequent BSoD, 3 times a day, BSoDs every 5 minutes when login screen.

Problem Devices:
Code:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz ACPI\GENUINEINTEL_-_INTEL64_FAMILY_6_MODEL_37_-_INTEL(R)_CORE(TM)[email protected]_2.27GHZ\_1 32
Not Available ROOT\*SYSTOOLDEVICE\0000 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz ACPI\GENUINEINTEL_-_INTEL64_FAMILY_6_MODEL_37_-_INTEL(R)_CORE(TM)[email protected]_2.27GHZ\_2 32
Cisco AnyConnect VPN Virtual Miniport Adapter for Windows x64 ROOT\NET\0001 This device is disabled.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz ACPI\GENUINEINTEL_-_INTEL64_FAMILY_6_MODEL_37_-_INTEL(R)_CORE(TM)[email protected]_2.27GHZ\_3 32
MpKslbc15ec47 ROOT\LEGACY_MPKSLBC15EC47\0000 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz ACPI\GENUINEINTEL_-_INTEL64_FAMILY_6_MODEL_37_-_INTEL(R)_CORE(TM)[email protected]_2.27GHZ\_4 32
The above are rather important for your system to function properly. May I ask if you have installed all drivers for your system from the manufacturer's site: HP Support?

Can you upload a screenshot of your device manager? Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Device Manager.

You do not have all Windows Updates installed. Please install the remaining updates.

The following drivers/software need to be updated:
Code:
fffff880`01d3b000 fffff880`01d42000 speedfan speedfan.sys Sun Sep 24 07:26:48 2006 (45168798)
fffff880`081ec000 fffff880`081ff000 AmdTools64 AmdTools64.sys Mon Apr 28 11:03:39 2008 (4816036B)
fffff880`065e3000 fffff880`065ef000 btwl2cap btwl2cap.sys Fri Apr 3 18:28:45 2009 (49D6A9BD)
speedfan.sys
AmdTools64.sys
btwl2cap.sysPlease remove any CD/DVD virtualization software, such as Daemon Tools/Alcohol 120%, as they use a driver called sptd.sys that is known to cause BSODs. Use add/remove programs to remove the software. After removing the software, use the sptd.sys uninstaller to remove sptd.sys from the system.

I prefer TotalMounter as my CD/DVD virtualization software as it allows me to burn images to a virtual CD/DVD if I just want an ISO file instead of a disc, and it is free.

Many use MagicISO - Convert BIN to ISO, Create, Edit, Burn, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter/extractor/editor as well, which is also free.

Many of your crashes were sptd.sys crashes or related to your USB wireless network adapter. Are you still using the USB wireless network adapter? I see it was not loaded during the most recent crash.

Do the above steps and see if they help resolve the crashes or at least make them less frequent. Post back the information requested for Device Manager, as well.

EDIT:

Warning
I just looked through your 3rd party drivers, and there was one driver listed that I can find no reference for online: abwrxurd.SYS. This may indicate a virus or malware has made its way onto your system.

Download and install Malwarebytes, update it, do not start the free trial, and then run a full scan. Also run a full scan with your antivirus software installed on your system. If you do not have antivirus software installed, see the Good and Free system security combination. for better security steps and scanning tools. Make sure to update the security software before running the full scan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233524-frequent-bsod-3-times-day-bsods-every-5-minutes-when-login-screen.html
Relevancy 64.93%

HI everyone I am a noob here so firstly can I say thanks in advance for any help you can give me on a frustrating problem I also hope this is able Windows waits Screen to Logo then after 2 login - minutes, Black in the right place as it's not Blue screen it's a black screen My System - custom build Intel Core i GHz DDR SDRAM Windows x Ultimate FOXCONN Motherboard H M-S and Nvidia GeForce GTX So I noticed a few days ago all of a sudden my PC started to get a black screen after the Windows loading animation However after about minutes it does eventually take me to the login screen Black Screen after Windows Logo - waits 2 minutes, then able to login where I can get access and everything appears to be in order Black Screen after Windows Logo - waits 2 minutes, then able to login I have tried this in Safe Mode and the same thing happens I have followed some of the hints on this forum about running tools and so far I have the following but these have not been run in safe mode AVAST - no issues SPYBOT - no issues MALWARE BYTES - no issues SFC SCANNOW - no issues DISABLED Graphics card - no change after reboot UNINSTALLED graphics card - no change REMOVED USB Hub - no change after reboot DISCONNECTED Network cable and rebooted - no change I am wired LAN not wireless I thought the network may be timing out Ran a boot Log and found Did not load driver SystemRoot System drivers vga sys Did not load driver SystemRoot System DRIVERS srv sys Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers NDProxy SYS Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers NDProxy SYS Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers NDProxy SYS Did not load driver SystemRoot System Drivers NDProxy SYS I have also used Soluto to see what the boot times were and only two programs were taking a long time to boot so I removed it from the start up process which were Spotify and NVIDIA Experience centre It made no difference Additionally I noticed on some occasions the machine boots and after the black screen the display seems to be at very low resolution some very funny colours and also displaying at x I hope someone on here can help - the only one thing I have not tried is a system restore as I am hesitant in getting something wrong Any help would be much appreciated Trying to give you as much info as I can Thanks Jon

A:Black Screen after Windows Logo - waits 2 minutes, then able to login

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/323142-black-screen-after-windows-logo-waits-2-minutes-then-able-login.html
Relevancy 64.5%

My mother is a JROTC teacher and the Army sent new laptops to all instructors. The laptop keeps locking up and not taking the password they gave us to use. How do I get in to use the laptop?

A:stuck on the login screen

Welcome to TSF

Unfortunately for you, the forum does not assist in bypassing passwords. Please contact the Army for assistance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-on-the-login-screen-502954.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I remember my password, but for some reason it says it's incorrect. I also cannnot enter Safe Mode properly. Please help

A:I'm stuck at the login screen.

Are you trying to login to safe mode with the account named Administrator?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-stuck-at-the-login-screen.483941/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hopefully this will be a super easy fix.

I just bought a hp mini 311 netbook. The user login screen shows only one icon for a user account. Even though that account always had the word "locked" under it, it would always open up when clicked on. Now it will not. I've had the computer only about a day now.

So I'm stuck at the login screen. Is there a way to create a new account from this screen? Other thoughts.

Thanks,
Ryan.

A:Stuck at login screen.

Hello Ryan !! Welcome to Seven Forums !!

Follow this link Safe Mode and log on to the Safe Mode there you might find an Administrator account.Login to that account and create a new Administrator. Then reboot the System normally.

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/91782-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 64.5%

hy everyone, i just joined this forum in case you could help me with my problem in windows 7. i had this issue about 2 days ago, had been searching and browsing for solutions but nothing worked. here is may problem :

my windows keeps rolling back to login screen everytime i enter my account. i tried to boot from safe mode using the same account and it worked, activated Administrator account using command prompt (net users administrator \active:yes), went to "msconfig" and choosed selective start up and services. back to normal boot, the problem happened again and again. i logged in using administrator account but some of my program didn't work well (especially the latest CX-One V.9.1 Omron PLC programmer, i got this one way install full version from the distributor)

please help me activate my original account

best regards
boysandra

A:stuck on login screen

Hello boysandra, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if doing a system restore at boot using a restore point (if available) dated before this happened may be able to fix this for you without having to do anything else.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296978-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Two days ago my computer started laggin really bad so I ran a virus scan(we have 5 teenage boys that download games ALOT). In the middle of the scan the computer locks up. I rebooted in safe mode but it will not get past the log in screen. It starts loading....blinks the safe mode black and white screen and then goes to the windows login screen. If you try to log in it says it is "loading your settings" then states "saving your settings" and will not advance past that. When I try to reboot it just does the same thing. It will not let me into the safe mode or out of safe mode. How do I get past this to fix it.....

A:Stuck at login screen

On boot, where you hit F8 to access Safe Mode (Assuming you did and the machine didn't do that for you!) - Hit the F8 key and select "Last Known Good Configuration"

Try that and Post back your results!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-at-login-screen-364003.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Okay, so yesterday I added a login password to the main (and only) user account. This was because while I was in the shower, I had a Adaware scan running and didn't want anyone to mess with the comp. So, the computer was locked at the login screen.

After I got out, I logged back in and removed this password. I also removed the welcome screen option at the Control Panel. For the rest of the day, I did the usual browsing and listening to music. However, when I woke up today, the computer was stuck at the login screen.

... I have no clue what happened and what to do. I tried re-entering the password from yesterday, but to no avail. All of my family members have said nobody has touched the computer.

Is there any way I can override this login screen? Thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I've Got Win bit running on my new comp It's a clean installation only games and a Antivirus Bitdefender installed system is up to date Bios and graph card are up to date up since a week or Everything worked fine till yesterday After playing I shutted down my computer but later in the evening I wanted to check something on the internet and he stucked on the logonscreen He's says my PwD is wrong but I'm sure it is not I check if the Keyboard wasn't in an other language but he doesn't tried through the utilman to type my pwd but that doesn't respond neither does the shutdownbutton login on Stuck screen. reboot or hibernate doesn't respond also What didn't work - Hard reboot and reset Stuck on login screen. - Reboot without additionnal drives only mouse and keyboard - Tried the Stuck on login screen. 'utilman workaround' - When i go into safe mode automaticaly he's trying to repair I cant pass through that he finds something on the 'ntoskernel exe' repairs it and reboots - With the Win DvD I can access a cmd prompt but I can't acces my C drive strangly i find my configuration on a 'D' Drive - I haven't a restore Point neither an image Before I reinstall and that would be my very last option because I want to know the cause of it so i can try to solve it do you have any other ideas Config Asus P P D I CPU Radeon HD G skill Falcon II Go SSD GB Corsair TR X G C D Thx for your help

A:Stuck on login screen.

Welcome!

First, just confirm that your caps lock key is off.

You can also try changing your password via this method: User Account Password - Change from WinRE

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/73014-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I think I have a Malware infection in my pc xp sp Dell xps model Here's the sequence of events a McAfee scan found a couple files which were then quarentined But suspiciously when the scan Stuck (in screen a at Login loop) was done there were new Internet Explorer sessions open I right-clicked on each IE on the task bar and closed them then rebooted Now I can't get past the login Windows presents the login box I type my username and Stuck at Login screen (in a loop) password my desktop background picture appears then a quot Logging Off quot box appears Stuck at Login screen (in a loop) and I'm back at the log in screen Type username and password quot Logging Off quot back at login screen a terrible loop I've tried booting in Safe Mode plain quot with networking quot and quot with command prompt quot and get the same results - stuck at the login loop I also tried booting to Last Known Good Configuration but got the same results - stuck at login I need to get past this point so I can run diagnostics Thanks in advance for the help

Relevancy 63.64%

I ve been running Windows XP SP for Stuck User screen at Login years Stuck at User Login screen Went back to school and I m taking Japanese When I installed activated the Japanese fonts it asked me to restart the computer I did so and now where previously I would go directly to the desktop I am taken to the User Login screen When I click on my name it moves for a moment and says that it s loading my preferences Then the icon snaps back to its original spot and does nothing If I click it again the exact same thing happens If I try to login in safe mode it does the same thing except I also get the administrator login icon Anyone have any idea why this is doing this and or if there s anything I can do short of reinstalling that will help In looking around the internet I have found two instances where someone has had this same problem but no luck on solutions Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Stuck at User Login screen

When you log into the administrator account, does the same thing happen?

Also, do you have any of the following:
-Windows XP CD
-Recovery CD
-Recovery Partition

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-at-user-login-screen.1071722/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi guys, sometimes I encounter this problem where I'm stuck on the login screen. It has only happened only after periods of inactivity, never at startup. My laptop also never sleeps, as it just turns off the monitor and gets locked. I would type my password and press enter and the loop thing would just keep on looping. I have to turn off the power button to restart it. Can anyone help? Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/56286-windows-8-1-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Sorry to disturb.

May I know what the problem during the time I'm trying to install Windows 7 and it just stuck at the login screen background without any changed after 30 minutes?

I have try to adjust the BIOS to Native IDE, RAID and ACHI. But nothing was changed.

I still could find any solution after I reading some of the thread.

Hopefully I could get any solution here.

A:Stuck during login screen background

Where did you get Win7? If you burned the DVD yourself, burn another at 4x speed using ImgBurn.

Try install from a USB flash stick. Best method is to install UltraISO trial, on File tab open ISO, on Bootable tab write Disk Image, Format, Write.

Unnplug all other HD's and peripherals. Boot DVD, wipe the target HD: SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Then choose Custom Install, use Drive Options to partition and format before install.

If further fails, test your RAM using memtest86 CD for 5-6 passes. Then test your HD using maker's diag/repair full CD scan: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

Check for latest BIOS version update. If current, reset the CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/131850-stuck-during-login-screen-background.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have tried to help a friend with their laptop. It starts up fine, but once u get to the login screen and click on the user, it says loggin on, then goes to saving settings then logging off. Brings u right back to the login screen.

I have tried safe mode, networking, every thing listed. Nothing. I have even tried to reboot from the start up disk. Won't do it. Keeps going to the login screen. What am I missing? please help. He is working on a Dell Ispirion 9300. XP. thank you

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi.

For several weeks I have been trying to solve a problem on a family members desktop computer.

The scenario is as follows:

User clicks on their profile and their custom background appears. From here, the taskbar and desktop icons do not appear automatically and the user must open task manager and manually launch the process 'explorer.exe' to force the desktop to appear correctly.

The problem occurs with all the profiles on the computer and there is nothing in the event log to suggest that there is a problem.

Could someone help me out?

A:Windows stuck at login screen

Check the Shell value for Winlogon in your registry. Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
should show:

Shell REG_SZ explorer.exe

Or download this tool: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/XP_FixLogon.zip
This utility checks for the correct GINA value in the Registry and will allow you to restore it, if its incorrect.

By the way, this is usually a sign of Virus\Malware infection
You are therefore advised to go here, and complete all steps:
Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-stuck-at-login-screen.114251/
Relevancy 63.64%

My brand new Acer Aspire E15 was doing fine, but after a windows update the keyboard stopped working (Error number -19). I could login normally by using the on-screen keyboard. But the keyboard didn't work either when booted into windows, it was very annoying to use the on-screen keyboard all the time, so I wanted to fix the problem, to fix the keyboard error I decided to boot into safe mode. But now my trackpad stopped working too! Which means I can't select the on-screen keyboard at the login screen to type my password, and I can't type my password with the keyboard. I'm stuck at the login screen now, how can I fix this login problem and my keyboard problem? I don't have a recovery CD / USB and I can't make one because I don't have a CD / DVD right now. I'm typing this from my macbook.

A:Stuck at login screen Windows 8.1

Nevermind, I got it working by pressing Alt + F10 on startup and then refreshing the pc.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68426-stuck-login-screen-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

My son bought his first laptop (with his own earned money)  1 1/2 years ago.  a few months ago it began running really slow and then eventually wouldn't boot up.  we ended up doing a factory reset.  Fast forward a couple months and we are having the sam issues and now it gets stuck on the login page.  I have ran the sysem extensive test and

I ran the test and everything passes.  Please advice us what we can do next.  sooo disappointed!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-getting-stuck-on-welcom-Login-screen/td-p/5616607
Relevancy 62.78%

I had a problem yesterday where I couldn't log in to my account on Windows but my wife's account worked fine I noticed that the computer had poor performance when on her stuck Welcome Windows on alternative fix screen an login after 7 - account I ran MBAM and everything came back clean I tried both accounts in safe mode and had the same behavior Then I remembered that the night before the computer froze Windows 7 stuck on Welcome screen after login - an alternative fix up for about minutes then started working again I decided to restart it that night because I have a memory leak somewhere and I thought that it might have caused the crash Windows 7 stuck on Welcome screen after login - an alternative fix I never logged back in that night after the restart When I tried it the next morning I got the behavior above I went through the steps for this problem to run sfc scannow which always stopped at before I got an error that it couldn't complete I was still having problems with the performance too Everything would go fine for a few minutes then it would be excruciatingly slow for a while I remembered when I had performance issues like this before and it was when my hard drive was going out several years ago My current hard drive is not a year old yet so I didn't think that was happening I decided to run a chkdsk to make sure though While the first chkdsk was clean I decided to schedule the chkdsk r with the GUI not the cmd on startup The scan found that ntuser dat and a couple other files had bad sectors and moved them I left it all night to finish checking free disk space When I tried this morning I was able to login and the performance was back to normal It looks like in my case the ntuser dat was corrupted or affected in some way by the bad sector While this may not always be the case it could be the cause of some of the more difficult to fix instances of this problem

A:Windows 7 stuck on Welcome screen after login - an alternative fix

FWIW:  Programs/files don't "have" bad sectors...they lie on bad sectors, which are part of the hard drive/partition.  If the files are on bad sectors, then Windows may have difficulty reading such and using such files.

The chkdsk /r command is the only tool that I know of which can attempt to move files on bad sectors to good sectors.  It is not necessarily successful at any of these attempts.

Bad sectors increasing on hard drives can be an indicator of a failing/problematical hard drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564866/windows-7-stuck-on-welcome-screen-after-login-an-alternative-fix/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey there new here and need some help Here's what happened I Stuck screen, password disappears at login opened internet explorer and typed in a google search and hit enter and it popped up a new instance of iexplorer instead of just searching in the current window as usual Then links I clicked on opened Stuck at login screen, password disappears new windows which is not Stuck at login screen, password disappears the usual setting When I clicked in the middle of text on a web page it would highlight everything Strange little things like that So I clicked start gt Turn Off gt Restart and nothing happened it just went back to the desktop Pushed the Windows key and it wouldn't open the start menu Finally I had to do a hard shut-off I waited a minute and booted the computer back up when it stopped at the login password screen as usual I typed the password and hit the Enter key and it just deleted the password and stayed on the page So I retyped it and clicked with the mouse on the green arrow button with the same result Laptop built in mouse button did the same thing Eventually it just froze entirely and I could not even type in the password box Also the little help icon on this screen would not bring anything up it's like all the keys got remapped to different functions The only recent updates were the automatic Windows updates upon shutdown earlier today and the comp worked fine after booting up after that the first time Any thoughts I'm on a Dell laptop with XP Home Thanks EDIT I hard shut down the comp again and let it sit for about min Booted back up and it's functioning normally I'm still afraid it will happen again though so any input will be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-at-login-screen-password-disappears-258719.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all I've been using seven bit version for quite a while now 7077 Build login stuck @ screen! on my laptop MSI GX PX - amd turion x ati hd MB GB gigs of ram The first installation did the problem mentioned in the title of the topic after i installed Kerio personal firewall - i didn't know what to do so i just reinstalled windows But now it happened again The comp was running for days i turned it off around am then turned it on at am - for the first time i could login and i even see the taskbar and the background but the icons never showed i couldn't click anything on the taskbar either ctrl alt del did nothing so i had to restart it manually The login screen showed up i entered my password but it never made it to the desktop it just got stuck like that the HDD wasn't spinning or anything Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! - restart - in safe mode it boots up normally so i uninstalled a few recently installed Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! programs mkvtoolnix and alike but after restarting it got stuck at Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! the login screen again Now normally i would just reinstall windows but after two months it has too many programs - lot of time to install them again So i thought i'll ask here for help The notebook has XP as it's main OS seven is installed on a virtual harddrive gigs Thank's for any kind of help in advance

A:Build 7077 stuck @ login screen!

Hi there
I can't give you a reason as to the error but this might work.

Try starting Windows in SAFE MODE as you've done but disable Networking and then shutting down. This should clear out any "Stuck" services. Switch off Firewall and uninstall any AV software whilst in SAFE MODE.

Incidentally while you are logged on in save mode see what starts automatically and stop those you don't need -- there are posts around suggesting what you can stop running automatically.

When you try again in "Normal mode" start DISCONNECTED from any network and switch your wireless card off.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7559-build-7077-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello So here's my issue I started my computer and came back to find a BSOD It displayed an error code and mentioned something about a driver error I waited until the loading reached but it didn't restart on its own so i shut the computer down manually by holding the power button on my case Then it booted up but it got stuck on Stuck at before screen spinning login circle the spinning circle of dots Stuck at spinning circle before login screen I have been able to press CTRL ALT DEL while at the spinning circle which bring me to the login screen but without the box to enter my pin however I am able to access the network ease of access and power options I have tried restarting shutting down and holding shift while restarting in an effort to boot with safe mode but none have gotten me farther than the spinning circle I have searched a lot of forums and many have had similar issues to mine but none of the fixes that were suggested got me anywhere Attached are photos of the different screens I'm seeing which hopefully shed some light on the issue I'm having Thanks

A:Stuck at spinning circle before login screen

Hello and welcome to TenForums

How long did you wait for the spinning circles to complete whatever background tasks were going on? Sometimes it can take a long while if the problem happened when Windows was in the middle of an upgrade when it restarted. Next time just go and have a cup of tea and leave it for say 30 mins.

If that does not work you are going to have to boot from a W10 installation media disk or USB and go into advanced startup options to try and refresh windows.

USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10

Refresh Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41324-stuck-spinning-circle-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 62.78%

dear bleeping computer how are you guys here's my story why i need help so my uncle asked me to repair his very slow acer laptop so i said why not i got it directly got to ssafe mode caus it was very slow downloaded malwarebytes anti-malware ran a scan and it found threads it took long enough to delete maybe threads and then it shut down because keyboard & mouse login screen stuck on the charger didnt get electricity then i restarted in safe mode ran the scan again and found threads between or in numbers it took hours to quarantine them fell asleep and in the morning the safe mode worked fine so i geussed why not go to normal mode when all the threads where removed did that mouse & keyboard stuck on login screen and till now mouse amp keyboard freezes when starting up and seeing the cursor it gets mouse & keyboard stuck on login screen stuck at login where you have to so i cant login or go to explorer to do anything please i need help i dont got any backup cd's orso because he lost everything and its an old pc i'll try to upgrade it to window maybe after it's repaired hope there is help regards Daniel

A:mouse & keyboard stuck on login screen

try an external mouse and keyboard with USB,

if you dont have anything on it that you need backed up or saved, i would create a bootable vista install CD or usb drive and re-install vista using your current productkey/id

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582822/mouse-keyboard-stuck-on-login-screen/
Relevancy 62.35%

I've had this problem for almost a year and now and I got so fed up and quit using windows I partitioned the drive and installed another OS on it I can boot in safe mode but not normal mode I did not get an install cd with my purchase of the computer so I don't think I can repair it via that route spinning 7 circle Stuck with login screen Windows at I'd like to know what the possible causes are to see if I can repair it on my own Frankly I've had it up to here with Windows and am itching to wipe the drive and install another OS if I don not find a solution to the problem and find one fast Why can't microsoft create some way to repair startup over the net Because obviously this is a very common problem with Windows There are alternatives to windows that are very good out there little things like this push customers away like what is happening to me now I am mad to switch to totally to Ubuntu or some other Linux Distro as Windows 7 Stuck at login screen with circle spinning I found out long ago that they have everything and more that Windows has and most for free I like Windows for the look and feel but this annoying problem is getting to me and this isn't the first time something screwy like this happened to me I recall once with a laptop I had that had on Vista and another time in XP God This is so frustrating I need help and I need it fast my choice of OS is hanging on this here

A:Windows 7 Stuck at login screen with circle spinning

Quote: Originally Posted by kamron

I've had this problem for almost a year and now and I got so fed up and quit using windows. I partitioned the drive and installed another OS on it. I can boot in safe mode but not normal mode.

I did not get an install cd with my purchase of the computer so I don't think I can repair it via that route. I'd like to know what the possible causes are to see if I can repair it on my own. Frankly I've had it up to here with Windows and am itching to wipe the drive and install another OS if I don not find a solution to the problem and find one fast.

Why can't microsoft create some way to repair startup over the net? Because obviously this is a very common problem with Windows 7. There are alternatives to windows that are very good out there, little things like this push customers away (like what is happening to me now), I am mad to switch to totally to Ubuntu or some other Linux Distro as I found out long ago that they have everything and more that Windows has and most for free. I like Windows for the look and feel but this annoying problem is getting to me and this isn't the first time something screwy like this happened to me, I recall once with a laptop I had that had on Vista and another time in XP. God!!! This is so frustrating!!!!

I need help and I need it fast, my choice of OS is hanging on this here!!!

There is no need to switch from Windows 7. Windows 7 is a great os. Anyway, have you tried running system restore? You can run that by going to start then typing system restore. Restore to a time before this started happening.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/223061-windows-7-stuck-login-screen-circle-spinning.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My PC stuck at the login screen without user password prompt in safe mode.

I've tried the solutions as follows, however, none of them are success :

Use the Windows 10 installation media to log into the "Troubleshoot Mode" and "Startup Repair".

"System Restore" in "Troubleshoot Mode" isn't work for me as Kaspersky IS is installed and it prevents the "System Restore" process.

Use the Windows 10 installation media, to try "Upgrade" the windows. It fails also as Windows 10 already exist.

It's grateful if anyone can help to fix it.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/65391-windows-10-stuck-login-screen-without-password-prompt.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi peeps Stuck Help before Windows on 8.1 Gray Screen page login I need some help I've read a lot of posts and not found any for my issue Most are stuck with flickering cursor I don't know exactly what happened so I'll go Windows 8.1 Help Stuck on Gray Screen before login page through what I done leading up to the issue I processed a Windows update I used spybot to remove some spyware which it didn't work so I selected run - msconfig - Windows 8.1 Help Stuck on Gray Screen before login page boot options - safe mode So I could run a new scan on spybot So I rebooted and bios page loaded then the blue Windows icon with the round dotted circle the screen then goes black for seconds All that loads up is a grey screen with narrator options in the bottom left corner and the restart shutdown option in the bottom right corner I've tried all kinds and don't know what to do Its Windows professional I touchscreen all in one I've had it months I don't have the disc to hand the person I purchased it from does have it still Thanks in advance

A:Windows 8.1 Help Stuck on Gray Screen before login page

Anyone help with this? How can i do a recovery.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55858-windows-8-1-help-stuck-gray-screen-before-login-page.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello all.
One of my friend has HP pro book laptop. Until yesterday it boot properly. But now it shows logon screen more than 10 minutes and welcome screen same time. After it boot it painfully slow. Why is that? How do i fix it?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54236-windows-8-stuck-login-screen-not-finish-boot.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I am having issues with the no Welcome Issues, prompt screen, password Login stuck computer I built for my grandparents http speccy piriform com results BdOHfoWmZDbDeWQUSFD LWv I will turn on the computer reach the user Login Issues, stuck Welcome screen, no password prompt login screen There are users to pick from It usually doesn t matter which I pick Sometimes this issue will occur sometimes it won t There are different variations of the issue I will click on a user to login to but no password prompt will appear just the mouse and the blue flowery looking background is present I will be able to input a password but the desktop fails to load and all that is present is the mouse and the spinning circle with Welcome next to it The only way I get out of either issue is to do a manual shutdown Sometimes I can login without and issue I ve Login Issues, stuck Welcome screen, no password prompt found booting into Safe mode rebooting from safe mode then attempting to login allows me to login but I have no idea Login Issues, stuck Welcome screen, no password prompt whether or not Safe mode has anything to do with it I hope you guys can shed some light on my situation Thank You Update I have ran Memtest for a pass and a half and received no errors I ve also attempted to do a system repair and sfc scannow https www dropbox com s pa zzruxo mk s sfcdetails txt nbsp

A:Login Issues, stuck Welcome screen, no password prompt

Memtest needs to be run for at least 8 passes to be any where near conclusive.

I can see in the Speccy report you only have 4GB or Ram and it is all in the same slot so it will only be running on a single channel, performance should improve if you put another matched RAM stick in the other channel so it will then run as dual channel.

The Speccy report also shows every voltage, including the CMOS battery, as being a long way off from what it should be. I do suspect this is a misreading as the system would be unlikely to run at all if these readings are correct. I would check the reported voltages in the bios and post them back here.

Finally the SFC scan results show a problem with the TVEncDec manifest which is corrupted. The best way to fix this is to run a Repair Install: Windows 7 Repair Install

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/login-issues-stuck-welcome-screen-no-password-prompt.1113958/
Relevancy 62.35%

My HP Pavilion laptop is not laptop Pavilion the login My new on is stuck HP brand screen completely frozen My touchpad works as do some of the function keys like mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status The problem is the quot Sign in quot and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are quot darkened quot you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It's like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won't actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can't do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen

What is the actual model of you HP laptop? In the meantime.....try this......power off laptop, unplug AC power cord, then pull out the battery for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes.....connect the AC power cord and power on " WITH OUT" the battery , now power on and lets see what happens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/my-brand-new-hp-pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen-1119425.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My HP Pavilion laptop is brand stuck HP new screen is Pavilion laptop My on the login not completely frozen My My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen touchpad works as do some of the function keys like My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status nbsp The My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen problem is the Sign in and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are darkened you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It's like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won't actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can't do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time nbsp I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-brand-new-HP-Pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen/td-p/5617883
Relevancy 62.35%

My HP Pavilion laptop is not completely frozen My touchpad works as do some of the function keys like laptop login screen on stuck HP new brand My Pavilion the is mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status The problem is the quot Sign in quot and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are quot darkened quot you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It s like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won t actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can t do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen

holding down the power button for 20 seconds until it switched off worked. it just restarted like normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-brand-new-hp-pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen.1171219/
Relevancy 62.35%

So I have installed windows 10 on my x220. Everything is updateted, I have installed all the drivers, using new UEFI booting and all that - no problems using it EXPECT that +- every second boot i get stuck on login screen. I then have to hard turn off the notebook by holding the power button. Boot again and it boots with no problem at all. I tryied repairing windows instalation by repair media, no success. I am using fingerprint scanner to login.It says "There was an error, please repete the action" while it gets stuck on login screen.Also nothing connected to the notebook.I have made a short video of my problem and added comments of what is happining.Anyone can help, please?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Thinkpad-X220-stuck-at-login-screen-windows-10/td-p/3415881
Relevancy 61.49%

I had recently purchased a new laptop from Lenovo, and had decided to change a few setting on the Windows 8.1 host file. After the changes, I flushed my DNS settings, turned off my network settings and rebooted my computer.

To my surprise, as I login Windows 8.1, it keeps reseting to the password screen over and over again.

I do not know what to do from here, as I cannot even log-in to change my settings, or even boot my system in safe mode.

Please help!

Thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29576-windows-8-1-stuck-login-screen-after-changing-host-file.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have followed several similar threads and their fixes for this problem with no result After downloading the Win upgrade my system then said quot loading updates quot Then it restarted with a blue login screen saying quot Welcome Back quot And a box to enter my password The cursor is blinking in the box but neither my mouse or keyboard works I have hard booted several times since the ctrl alt delete does not work I am also not able to access safe mode as none of the quot F quot keys work during boot up I have tried the following Unplugged all USB devices except keyboard does at 10 windows recognize keyboard or stuck screen mouse login not Turning off internet at the router I have a Dell desktop and upgraded from Windows with a Netgear router modem I do NOT have an animated avitar as someone else mentioned in the forum The windows 10 stuck at login screen does not recognize mouse or keyboard only way I can get the system to move is if I power off at the main switch after booting up which goes into bios and disc diagnostics but I don't know enough about computers to know what to do there HELP PLEASE My computer is useless now

A:windows 10 stuck at login screen does not recognize mouse or keyboard

Booted up again and let it run for several hours. I noticed some flashing under the power button like it was processing info, but it stopped after about 20 mins. Still frozen at login page. Help Please!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/12355-windows-10-stuck-login-screen-does-not-recognize-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My computer was turning off every time i tried to turn it on I ran my computer in safe mode and tried to restore to before the previous update The computer then attempted to reboot as a process of the system restore As it was Computer a with cursor Black a screen [SOLVED] white on before login? stuck gets turning back on the computer shut down again mid-process After some research i concluded that the problem was that my CPU was overheating I purchased thermal composite and applied it as instructed on the suppliers website I attempted to reboot my computer but after the [SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login? green-bars loading screen the computer screen became black with the cursor in the middle of the screen I am sure this is due to the sudden shut down during the restoration process I have tried [SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login? running my computer in safe mode but i get the same result After further research i tried the F advanced boot screen The quot Repair my Computer quot option is not available I built this computer a year ago I [SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login? believe Windows is corrupted because at the start up loading screen with the small green bars the logo doesnt show on top Please help

A:[SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login?

do you still have the Vista installation CD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-computer-gets-stuck-on-a-black-screen-with-a-white-cursor-before-login-498177.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Well the title was hopefully discriptive and brief enough to get some skilled help on this one so here is a bit more details I am working on a DELL XPS with Vista Home Premium build its a couple years old Its not mine and I am not entirely familiar with the machine I do know this it can handle vista fine and works well until yeasterday I am told the Login reinstall Vista stuck activate, screen Home, must to at Windows machine came from Dell and was bought just as Dell switched to not offering XP anymore I do not know what updates have been applied Error Details Boots fine to login screen then I get error message quot Windows must be reinstalled to Activate quot I hit close and get droped to Login Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen screen I click admin user only user available and Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen get Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen the message again As an additional error the bottom right of my screen reads This Copy of Windows is not Genuine Windows Vista Build I do have Windows and OS X Snow Leapord disks available if I need to use them but would rather not I do not as yet know if Vista disks are available What I need I need to recover critical buisness files from the computer if at possible before doing a reinstall Attempting a safe mode boot to try and recover files now while I wait for quot hopefully prompt quot response

A:Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen

As an update, I am able to login via safe mode and in the process of backing up files.

I still do not know the cause of my errors above and would greatly appriciate some insight.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/273290-vista-home-windows-must-reinstall-activate-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everyone I have a weird issue for a couple of screen "shutting Stuck down" for on minutes weeks now After a certain uptime when restarting Stuck on "shutting down" screen for minutes shutting down my notebook aspire windows gets stuck on the quot shutting down quot screen for minutes It doesn't freeze the hdd led blinks in every seconds This problem doesn't occur when i start the shutdown process immediately after windows logged me in or at least a few minutes after it I tried reinstalling it checked the corresponding eventlogs the strange thing here is that the logs always say me that shutdown took - sec so it seems logging is already stopped that time I neither have antivirus software nor firewall installed only a few applications mainly what the devices needs I tried stopping some applications and services to start that i suspected but no luck I also think all device the drivers are the most common that one can have How could i find the root cause of these quot hangs quot with the lack of eventlogs For me it still seems one of my device driver causes this but i would need an assistance to get over it Thanks for any help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-on-shutting-down-screen-for-minutes-455143.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Mr.... my lap suddenly stuck after 5 ,10 minutes switch on... after that it doesn't work... so i have to long press power button for machine off...... so what can i do.... thank u.... appreciate ur help..................!

A:stuck suddenly stuck after 5,10 minutes switch on my lap

By far the simplest fix is to use System Restore to roll back Windows to a point in time when everything when your computer was functioning correctly. It allows you to undo system changes without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos. Video: Fixing a problem using System Restore​ If that doesn't help, try restoring an earlier system image or backup. No suitable restore point, backup, or image available? Kick yourself -- you missed the easy solution, and you're left with digging through Windows' many settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-suddenly-stuck-after-5-10-minutes-switch-on-my-lap.1123476/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, I've been a happy user of my Windows 7 for about a year but about a week ago I started getting the problem of windows stucknig after loging in. Sometimes I restart the computer for 20 times and yet it doesn't work and most often the problem is temporary. I can use the Safe Mode, I've cleaned my startup list using RegCleaner, scanned the computer with CCleaner and Ad-aware and I've also done chdsk /f

Sadly, nothing seems to work for me.

A:Windows stuck at the "Welcome" screen after login

For the registry cleaning:Many of us on the forums actually do not recommend automated optimization tools for Windows 7. Windows 7 does a much better job of handling its own optimization than its predecessors did. We especially do not recommend registry cleaning as an "optimization" step because automated registry cleaning causes more harm to the registry than it actually repairs.

In the future, if you need help optimizing Windows 7, please post a thread in Performance & Maintenance - Windows 7 Forums or follow the tutorial enclosed in that forum to Optimize Windows 7.
Hopefully the damage has not already been done by the registry cleaning. I realize you were trying to repair the system, but you may have made the problem worse. The first step I would recommend is to Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup. It sounds like you may have already cleaned up the startup items, but you probably did not disable all non-Microsoft services.
If you need further help after those steps, please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Save -> Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Also, please fill in your system specs in your profile and not in a post in this thread: System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236029-windows-stuck-welcome-screen-after-login.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello friends, I recently got the Gnome desktop environment on the Ubuntu Software Center, and I used the gdm and startx command as said by another forum site. Nothing wrong, they said to logout, tried to login again, goes to a black screen and sends me back to the Ubuntu login screen. Tried again, same result, panicked. Looked up video tutorial on how to fix it, they said to access the control panel via ctrl-alt-f1 or f2, went to a black screen, no text at all, computer runs fine, no crashing. Is there a special way to access the terminal in a System76 computer, I really don't know very confusing? Is there a way to login with the guest session? I use Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf on my laptop. What causes this, I read on Ubuntu forums it's driver issues with Ubuntu and Nvidia, but I have my suspections with the Gnome desktop environment.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/ubuntu-login-black-screen-then-login-screen-loop-for-a-system76-oryx-pro-laptop.55688/
Relevancy 53.32%

So i've owned my computer a dell XPS L502x with a i7 intel core for more than a year now and this week my computer decided it wouldn't boot anymore, I can't even start it in Safe mode or last known good. It loads the beginning part but it started bringing up this "windows is loading files" bar which wasn't there before, then it will get stuck in the login screen with no option to login but i can move the mouse around. Is there anything I can do?

A:W7 stuck in login with no login option

Doesn't pressing the F8 key give you a screen the mentions "Repair your computer"? I would try that.

If you have any kind of bootable Windows media (such as a WinXP Installation disk), boot to Recovery Console and at the DOS prompt type "chkdsk /r". It's possible HD errors are preventing the boot to complete, and running chkdsk may fix those errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/w7-stuck-in-login-with-no-login-option-673527.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I had installed Adobe Photoshop CS5, but it is unchecked to start up upon booting up.
Also, Nov 8th Windows installed some security updates.
And I copied a 34 GB Blue ray disk ISO file to my C drive. I travel allot and put allot of movies on my laptop for easier travel.
But, 15 minutes to actually login in a bit much, in my opinion.
I am a novice when it comes to event viewer etc. If there is any assistance I would appreciate it.
Also, booting up in safe mode works great and fast.
All this happened with the past day as all of these programs and updates were done yesterday.
Only one setting was changed on my laptop. I changed Hibernate to 3 hours.

A:Login time 15 minutes, W7 64 bit

malware/virus free?
run chkdsk /f on the drive
run disk cleanup and defrag lately?

you have some program upon startup that is taking all the time. not related to copying files to the hard drive.

Might use msconfig to uncheck all apps starting up and add one back at a time until you are not fast again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/login-time-15-minutes-w7-64-bit-611491.html
Relevancy 52.46%

A s the title says, the cpu fan on my desktop stops spinning, no warning beeps or shutdown. I`ve tried to find some answers else where, but no luck. i started having this problem yesterday.
I know the fans work normally as I also use Ubuntu and there are no problems

i5 4670K
Asus z87-plus
16 Gb ddr3
Asus GT240
Cooler Master 850w PSU

A:CPU Fan stops 2 minutes after login

Hello jmfal mate you say it stops spinning do you mean temporarily or completely? I would like to see what the temps are for starters. Use this and post back results. https://www.piriform.com/speccy

Now it could just be a faulty fan cable connection or connectors I would suggest taking the fan out and having a good look at them - they are usually soldered in place and may have become "dry jointed" that is to say the solder has come adrift from the solder points - that only takes a touch with a soldering iron to put right. Now the solder joints at the fan end are usually under that round label on the fan it is easily removed _ carefully and re-stuck back afterwards.
It could also be the fan itself has gone belly up try bench testing it with a power supply they are usually 12 volts. Now the plug end of the cabling is a different kettle of fish and takes some fine fiddling to remove the connectors from the plastic plug cover but the cables are crimped and less likely to be faulty but you will soon see on close inspection -just a gentle pull on them will soon let you know. Lastly those crimped connectors are prone to becoming loose on the pins either fro manufacture or frequent removal - it only takes a gentle squeeze with some small long nosed pliers to make them a tighter fit..

Having said all that the power to the fan pins on the motherboard could also be at fault and that maybe down to a faulty motherboard fixture or the supply to fans being not right.

But first take a look at the ruddy obvious as I call it

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/360716-cpu-fan-stops-2-minutes-after-login.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I m new here I ve tried a XP SP2 few 0xF4 login minutes after on another PC 0xF4 a few minutes after login on XP SP2 forum with the same issue 0xF4 a few minutes after login on XP SP2 but I just wanted a second opinion Most of them reckoned it was overheating or dead RAM I wasn t too sure of that hence why I m here I m working on a friend s laptop a Tiny N with a GHz Celeron M GB HDD GB RAM and XP Home SP she never updates Replacing the machine is simply not an option I can log in to her account fine but then once all her programs have loaded up about seconds after Skype and MSN load up I get an x F blue screen c c c d were the parameters on the last one the middle usually differ but always start with well in the minidumps I analysed they do EVERY minidump I analysed said that the probable cause was csrss exe which leads me to believe a virus These were things I d narrowed it down to Dead HDD Dead RAM Virus Overheating Corrupted Install The machine works perfectly fine in Safe Mode and was in it for over hours yesterday while I backed up GB of data via Ethernet which to me seems to rule out overheating dead RAM and a dead HDD The BSOD does still happen after I ve taken everything off startup With the machine is a T-Rex Restore CD and a driver CD both of which originally came with the notebook and I plan to use these over this weekend I will probably be running Memtest using UBCD v or HBCD for passes to double check the RAM I can post the minidumps if you d like to analyse them yourself but I have analysed them already every minidump suggests csrss exe as the cause Thanks in advance really would like to get this laptop back to its owner ASAP EDIT Would like to point out this machine had no anti-virus whatsoever when I received it That s one of the main reasons I suspect a virus nbsp

A:0xF4 a few minutes after login on XP SP2

A reinstall has fixed the issue, thread can be closed if need be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/0xf4-a-few-minutes-after-login-on-xp-sp2.156158/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am just getting this issue recently I have tried every possible way i could think of except for a complete format but still this happening just couple or few minutes after the windows logs in it freezes and i have to restart and again same things happens here is the latest hi jack log i managed to get Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP after Freezes PC minutes login just few SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe PC Freezes just few minutes after login C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Tablet exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exe C Program Files Logitech MediaLife MediaLifeService exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files JustWrite Office ScreenMark exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung PC Studio LaunchApplication exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXP exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe E New hijackthis hijackthis Free User exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - HKLM Run MediaLifeService quot C Program Files Logitech MediaLife MediaLifeService exe quot O - HKLM Run MMTray quot C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe quot O - HKLM Run SMKRun C Program Files JustWrite Office ScreenMark exe -i O - HKLM Run SamsungPCSuiteTrayApplication C Program Files Samsung Samsung PC Studio LaunchApplication exe -startup O - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe quot hide waitservice O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKCU Run STYLEXP C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXP exe -Hide O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program files bonjour mdnsnsp dll O - Service Id String F B CC BB B Bonjour Service - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe O - Service ESET HTTP Server EhttpSrv - ESET - C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus EHttpSrv exe O - Service ESET Service ekrn - ESET - C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe file missing O - Service LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service LightScribeService - Hewlett-Packard Company - C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe O - Service PEVSystemStart - Unknown owner - cmd k start i quot d systemdrive quot quot C combofix HIDEC exe quot quot C WINDOWS system CF exe quot c RD S Q RECYCLE bin RECYCLER RECYCLED file missing O - Service TabletService - Wacom Technology Corp - C WINDOWS system Tablet exe O - Service Yahoo Updater YahooAUService - Yahoo Inc - C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe

A:PC Freezes just few minutes after login

Hello and welcome to TSF.

HijackThis is no longer the preferred initial analysis tool in this forum.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/pc-freezes-just-few-minutes-after-login-396258.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files MSN Apps Updater he-il msnappau exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exeC Program Files Java jre bin ten please computer minutes every stuck jusched exeC WINDOWS CameraFixer exeC WINDOWS vsnpstd exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra computer stuck every ten minutes please exeC Program Files RALINK Common RaUI exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - URLSearchHook amp Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - CB - C - c-BA - D C F B D - C Program Files AskTBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLLO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus ievkbd dllO - BHO no name - C FE -B CA- DD-B E-BD A E - C WINDOWS system opnlmmjk dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - no file O - BHO Ask Search Assistant BHO - CB - C - c-BA - D C F B D - C Program Files AskTBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLLO - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar he-il msntb dllO - BHO no name - E A -DD - D- B- CB - C WINDOWS system hgGaxUnm dll file missing O - BHO no name - FE DB - EC - e- DD - C B C - no file O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar he-il msntb dllO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run msnappau quot C Program Files MSN Apps Updater he-il msnappau exe quot O - HKLM Run Sony Ericsson PC Suite quot C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe quot startoptionsO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run CameraFixer C WINDOWS CameraFixer exeO - HKLM Run snpstd C WINDOWS vsnpstd exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run NBKeyScan quot C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBKeyScan exe quot O - HKLM Run AdVantage Setup C Program Files Webteh BSplayer AdVantageSetup exeO - HKLM Run SDTray quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe quot O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-V... Read more

A:computer stuck every ten minutes please

Hello alsade1,

I apologise for the delay, the forum is busy.

If you still need help, post a new HijackThis log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/181788/computer-stuck-every-ten-minutes-please/
Relevancy 52.03%

hey,

JUst had my hard drive replaced and my internet browser is not working very well, sticks after about 5 minutes. I am running windows 7 and using explorer. Any ideas. Also my battery wont charge and it was working fine before I sent it to the shop. I had the hard drive replaced at a local shop, worried they may have done something wrong or under handed. any help is greatly appreciated.

A:All pages will get stuck after about 5 minutes

I have run all scan that I could mbam,spybot, avg. Run all the windows utility, updated things that needed updates that i could find, was using IE but downloaded firefox to see if that made a difference, did not. All other computer functions are running properly without freezing other than the internet. Scratch that the toshiba menu for the web cam will not go away and media player sticks on every movie or show played!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453388/all-pages-will-get-stuck-after-about-5-minutes/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello everybody.
I'm new to the forums I need help with my computer.
Everytime I logged, after 5 minutes or less my computer crash, I dont know why.
Please any idea welcome.
Srry for my english.
THanks in advance.

A:BSOD during first 5 minutes login windows

Please uninstall Daemon Tools. It uses a driver called sptd.sys which is known to cause BSODs in Windows 7.

SPTD Removal:
Uninstall the software using Add/Remove Programs.
Reboot the system.
Once the program is uninstalled, run sptd.sys uninstaller to remove the driver from your system.
DuplexSecure - Downloads
As an alternative, many people recommend the use of Total Mounter or Magic ISO

Clean bootTroubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Reduce items at start-up. No software except anti-virus is required plus doing this improves the time for logging into windows:How to Change, Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.3.9600.16384 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\KOOLKAT\Downloads\ISAAC-PC-23_10_2015__15003_17\102015-8299-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

************* Symbol Path validation summary **************
Response Time (ms) Location
Deferred SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18939.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.150722-0600
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e03000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0304a730
Debug session time: Wed Oct 21 09:24:54.482 2015 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:01.887
Loading Kernel Symbols

Press ctrl-c (cdb, kd, ntsd) or ctrl-break (windbg) to abort symbol loads that take too long.
Run !sym noisy before .reload to track down problems loading symbols.

Loading User Symbols
Mini Kernel Dump does not contain unloaded driver list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80072238f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try: Stop 124 - What it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384125-bsod-during-first-5-minutes-login-windows.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I've trying to resolve my issue with BSOF - error on my windows Home Premium bits This just happened since last week It went to blue screen with memory dumps to minutes after successfully logged into windows Idle or not - it still goes to blue screen It works without any drama when it's in safe mode That's where i managed to get all my data backed up I can see the dmp BSOD error few with login after minutes 124 a files under c windows folder but it's as large as MB It must've dumped BSOD with error 124 a few minutes after login a lot of memory in there that it gets so large I don't know if I can post it BSOD with error 124 a few minutes after login here though Below is what I have attempted but to no avail BSOD with error 124 a few minutes after login - cleared the dust on the inside as well as the outside - installed speccy thinking that it may be due to overheating The temperature of CPU is under Celcius And I see green on all the circle light on the speccy - run sfc scannow It doesn't give any error indication - run windows memory diagnostic Nothing out of ordinary - Tried to reseat the rams x Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you I have attached the zip file for you to look at Thank you very much in advance

A:BSOD with error 124 a few minutes after login

Follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Make sure the zip file includes the dmp file/s. If not, configure a small memory dump - Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD and wait/trigger another BSOD. then re-run the "Dm log collector" and attach the new report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/374255-bsod-error-124-few-minutes-after-login.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys,

I don't really know how it started. I suspect that it started when I installed a new 2Gb Ram. The 2 rams where entirely different brands idk if that relates to the problem. Btw, I removed the 2Gb ram. I currently have 1Gb ram installed. Another cause might be because I installed TuneUp Utilities 2014. From there, I started experiencing BSODs. I downloaded BlueScreenView by Nir Soft, up till now i have a total of 24 crashes. All of them are different but I noticed that they all have the file ntkrnlpa.exe. I've enabled the Driver Verifier and it resulted in a BSOD. What should I do?

A:BSOD immediately 3-5 minutes later after login

Please follow these instructions.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/326724-bsod-immediately-3-5-minutes-later-after-login.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I was given a project to fix a laptop that takes forever to load up At first it will take - minutes on the boot up screen After thats over I will login with my credentials and it will take another - minutes to finally load up everything I played around with quot msconfig quot disabling services no luck then enabled services and disabling a few startup exes except for the two most important ones This will still take - minutes or more to load up Next thing I did was did a windows update and drivers update This actually improved the startup time by minutes I timed all my startup time and it only takes minutes to boot and login Still slow but not the ideal time I want to get it back to at least minutes so I get an idea whats wrong I restarted a few times to test my results I would say out of boots boots would take - minutes to boot up Boot/Login minutes! takes 10 But the other boots takes minutes I tried doing a defragment but window's defragment doesn't really defrag that well so I used a free program called Defraggler to do them for me no luck I swapped the Boot/Login takes 10 minutes! hard drives of two identical laptops same made same model same manufacturer the Boot/Login takes 10 minutes! slow startup HDD continued to startup slowly while the other one just boots up fine in minutes or less Now I suspect the hard drive is going bad To confirm this I ran a diagnostics to test the hard drive surprisingly they all passed Went to Control Panel gt Administrator Tools gt Event Viewer gt Systems In there I found a bunch of quot ATAPI Error Event amp quot upon every startup then there is quot DCOM Error Event quot I googled them and tried one of the solutions by switching DVD Drives same thing However I doubt these two errors have to do with the startup problem Went to the task manager and sort through the processes by quot I O Reads and I O Writes quot but don't really know how to compare between Mem Usage I O Reads and Writes I am running out of ideas to test this laptop Any ideas Thank you in advance

A:Boot/Login takes 10 minutes!

I would suggest making a mirror image of the hard drive you suspect is bad. Make the image on a drive you know is in perfect working condition. Try that drive in the laptop your having problems with. If it's just the hard drive going bad, this will definitely let you know.\

Hope this helps...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/boot-login-takes-10-minutes-499059.html
Relevancy 51.6%

About 2-5 minutes after I login to the administrator account on my laptop, the computer becomes sluggish and extremely slow, and sometimes ends in a KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR blue screen of death. All of the running programs, taskbar, and desktop will stop responding, but the mouse cursor remains fine. Before this point however, the laptop works fine as normal.

This problem does not occur in safe mode (I am typing this on safe mode right now). However, I have reinstalled Windows 7 completely several times, and this issue continues to persist.

Any suggestions? I have tried booting up in clean boot and the first option of chkdsk (the second option results in it hanging on a file in Step 4 of 5. I have left it running overnight for ~10 hours and it has not budged from there).

A:Computer freezes a few minutes after login

Quote: Originally Posted by allen12

.......... and sometimes ends in a KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR blue screen of death.

Click on the button below ....

It will download the DM log collector. Right click on the application and run as administrator. It will generate a .zip file on your desktop. Upload the .zip.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329221-computer-freezes-few-minutes-after-login.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi.

I have a Samsung rf511 SD7 and for some time it's being freezing after a few minutes idle. The hard drive light stay on all the time, the mouse moves, but it's not possible to do anything anymore.

I tried to update my Win7 to solve the issue and now it freezes 1 or 2 minutes after login, idle or not, with the HD light on too.

On SAFE MODE these problems NEVER happen, only on normal mode.

I tried to update and remove audio drivers, but didn't worked.

I use AVG anti-virus, didn't tried to remove it yet.

Please help, and any info needed I will gladly provide.

Thanks in advance.

A:Win7 freezes 1 or 2 minutes after login

As it doesnt happen in safe mode it is probably a driver issue or application conflict i would start by trying a clean boot
which will remove unnecessary startup software etc and should help you identify the issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303450-win7-freezes-1-2-minutes-after-login.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I have FIRST minutes after SP3 gets stuck XP boot. 10-30 Windows bought my netbook Samsung NC last year with Windows XP SP readily installed on it and it was working excellent smooth and Windows XP SP3 gets stuck 10-30 minutes after FIRST boot. fast I took great care not to become infected AVG cautious with surfing and downloading etc and to change NOTHING or as little as possible on a well running system One day June I installed S amp D antispyware and ran a scan Nothing was found But after that Windows XP SP3 gets stuck 10-30 minutes after FIRST boot. the operating system started having problems every morning after startup after about - minutes Windows XP SP3 gets stuck 10-30 minutes after FIRST boot. of working if I have for instance Chrome Word and Eudora open the system gets totally stuck it hangs always at the moment of some kind of action like clicking on a mail or copy and paste in Word I have to do a hard reset with the button nothing else works cannot even open Task Manager One reboot and then I can work the rest of the day without problems I decided to uninstall S amp D but Windows XP kept having this problem Lately I noticed that it s getting worse Longer time to list directory contents when I open a file in Word the whole system just seems to become more and more slowed down if it has to do several actions at once which was not the case when I bought it This may be the same cause or this may be another cause which happened after I read lots of postings in this forum but did not find my problem Therefore I post this problem I wish I could go back to June when I hadn t installed S amp D But I don t dare to do a system restore O yes I have done only one thing to troubleshoot set the size of page file to automatic This didn t change anything I am hoping for an answer from one of you guys girls Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I have a Dell xps pentum win xp pro svs pack originally then later deleted and installed sp prostreamlined which worked great for years After picking up some nasty virus that symantic could only quaranteen items I decided to delete the partitin and re- load win xp pro sp streamlined Everything seemed normal as XP SVC minutes stuck at Pack2 install 39 I have done this several times When it got down to the last minutes left on the win xp screen Collecting information dynamic update preparing installation it got stuck It XP SVC Pack2 install stuck at 39 minutes won't install windows Also I get a lsass exe - system error object not found Every time I re boot it brings me to the same screen I got into system setup and deleted the partition again created another partition and installed xp again now i have a gig FAT and gig NTFS partition I cannot even get back into setup now So i once again deleted the partition and tried my old sp disk that didn't work and now I am stuck at minutes again Should i delete the FAT and the NTFC partitions I I XP SVC Pack2 install stuck at 39 minutes am beginning to think my disk went bad Please offer some advice Thank you very much

A:XP SVC Pack2 install stuck at 39 minutes

You can download the disk utilities from the drive manufacturer, burn to CD, and then boot from the CD and test your HDD.

Aside from that, you could remove all partitions, create a new single partition, format, and attempt the install again.

Either of your CD's should work. If not, it could be about anything. From a bad CD, bad CDROM, bad RAM, bad HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-svc-pack2-install-stuck-at-39-minutes-388362.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Internet Explorer 7 issue -- Stuck on loadup for 20 minutes

When I boot my computer I try to open IE 7 and it just gets stuck.
IE7 opens but gives me a blank screen. Just the IE screen but no pages opened. All it shows is the address bar and a white screen.It takes about 20 minutes before the page loads up. Then after that, IE 7 works normal.- Until I reboot the computer.

I then tested to see if its a network issue, but I was able to ping google.
I also tested it by installing Firefox and re-starting the computer and Firefox just loads up.
I have done a full Malware scan with Malware Bytes and a full Virus scan and Spyware scan with McAfee.
I have re-installed IE7.
I have removed all cookies, files etc.
Nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any ideas?

A:IE 7 issue -- Stuck on loadup for 20 minutes

Anyone with any ideas?
Could it be a corrupt file in the registry?
Could it be some sort of virus that McAfee is not picking up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ie-7-issue-stuck-on-loadup-for-20-minutes.143515/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi

do you wait some minutes (3) after the login to run programs?

i mean i know w7 optimizes boot and cache the programs used frequently

ok , i got the point

but i have several programs

sometime i want to burn a dvd ,or run an anti malware scan or listen music or video

in short i don't want that w7 caches in memory this programs too

hope my english is clear enough
thanks
cheers

A:do you wait some minutes ater the login to run programs?

I wouldn't advise trying to turn off that feature. It's there for a reason, to optimize the OS performance. It actually makes the system utilize resources better than without it in the long run.

But to answer your first question, I don't wait to start using programs after starting up. I do however use CCleaner to manage the applications I DON'T want to automatically start with the system to cut down on the start time. There are dozens and it really boosts performance to stop them from staying on all of the time when they are not actually being used. I also use Task Manager (Ctrl+ALT+Del) to keep them off after I've used them and closed them out (things like iTunes Helper and etc).

At startup using these methods, I can get my RAM down to under 1GB and it typically coasts between there and 1.05GB unless I start using several programs or launch a game (maximum memory usage gets to about 3GB out of 4GB too, which is nice). So give that method a try first. Works for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/218581-do-you-wait-some-minutes-ater-login-run-programs.html
Relevancy 51.17%

When I boot my system, my hard drive appears to run non stop for more than 10 minutes. This is even before I log in to the system.

After logging in I see that CCSVCHST.EXE has an enormous amount of I/O reads and writes. After my machine is running for a while, the numbers get even worse.

Right now CCSVCHST.EXE shows 2:17:17 CPU time, 77,200,495 I/O Reads and 3,489,307 I/O Writes.

I realize that this is part of Nortons protection but are these numbers out of the ordinary?

Relevancy 51.17%

This problem has been reported and discussed for years but there is no comprehensive solution and no systematic general route to isolating and fixing it Most people who do manage to fix it report that it was due to an over-aggressive virus spam spy etc catcher but I've tried disabling all of mine including my access point's firewall Sometimes it is due to an inadvertent proxy server setting but mine is definitely off Here is the problem Windows XP Pro SP in my case but it has been reported for all versions starts up normally browsers work normally but after minutes the browsers stop working they return quot webpage not available quot messages for any address Internet connectivity remains for non-browser applications e g ping and email The problem does NOT occur in Safe Mode So a nice solution would be an interface that allowed you to boot into Normal Mode but with all the Safe Mode settings then turn things back on one-by-one Finding out exactly what are the Safe Mode settings is not easy as msconfig is disabled in Safe Mode browsers after working login 10 minutes stop Catch-

A:browsers stop working 10 minutes after login

As a shot how about comparing processess in Safe Mode and Normal mode..

You can see processess via Ctrl Alt Del

Also i would check which services are running in safe mode and normal mode Start > Run > services.msc

Then you can check the differences as you were already attempting as it seems like a good idea! Be careful before you disable any services though as don't want to comprimise your p.c in anyway!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332870/browsers-stop-working-10-minutes-after-login/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have two computers that start fine login is fine the computer runs for seconds - minutes then freezes for - minutes then returns to normal operations and no other anomalies are seen I originally posted under OSs the moderator there moved my problem to quot Am I infected quot where I was instructed to do a number of things and then told to post here http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page pid st entry ---------------------------------- Here is my DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Marv at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV AVG Internet Security Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Internet Security Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled minutes freezes returns upon after 7 but 7-8 login Windows Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW AVG Internet Security Enabled CC - -F -D - E EA B Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows Windows 7 freezes upon login but returns after 7-8 minutes system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows 7 freezes upon login but returns after 7-8 minutes Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files x Common Files ABBYY FineReaderSprint Licensing NetworkLicenseServer exe C Program Files x Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgfws exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files x Drobo Drobo Dashboard DDService exe C Program Files EPSON EpsonCustomerParticipation EPCP exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EPW SSRP E WT RP EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows SysWow WinFLService exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x Common Files Mediafour M LIC EXE C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows SysWOW nlssrv exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit DataProtect QBIDPService exe C Program Files x Photodex ProShowProducer ScsiAccess exe C Program Files x Second Copy ScVssService exe C Program Files Tablet Wacom Wacom Tablet exe C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files x WinZip System Utilities Suite WINZIPSSDefragSrv exe C Program Files x X-Rite Devices Services xritedeviced exe C Program Files x X-Rite Devices Services ColorMunki ColorMunkiDeviceService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files x Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files x Second Copy SecCopy exe C Windows SysWOW WinFLTray exe C Program Files x NewSoftware s Folder Lock FLComServCtrl exe C Program Files x ABBYY FineReader Sprint Bonus ScreenshotReader exe C Program Fi... Read more

A:Windows 7 freezes upon login but returns after 7-8 minutes

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/470029/windows-7-freezes-upon-login-but-returns-after-7-8-minutes/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I have a problem with 2 Windows computers located in 2 separate locations. When I login the computer will run for 1-3 minutes and then freezes for 8-20 minutes. After it returns from it's nap everything runs normally.

I have been told that their is no malware on the computer, see this topic -- http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic470029.html

I could really use some help on this as when I first reported this on the Windows 7 forum about a month ago the freeze was 7-8 minutes, last time I rebooted and logged in it froze for 20 minutes.

Thank you in advance
Marv

A:Windows 7 freezes upon login but returns after 7-20 minutes

Hi Marv -Lets start with a basic Disk Check -Run a Disk Check on your C: drive in Windows :?Click Start and open Computer?Right-click on C: (or your main drive letter) and select Properties?Click on the Tools tab?Under Error-checking click the Check Now... button?Mark the 2 boxes next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors?Click on the Start button?When the message box pops up, click the Schedule disk check button and >> Restart your computer?Once your computer restarts it will check the drive, don't press any keys so that it is allowed to do soThis should take about 1 hour (on average) to complete the 5 stage scan, and reboot to normal mode once finished -Next go - Start -> Programs > Accessories > and find Command Prompt > Right click on it and select Run as Administrator -Type sfc /scannow and press Enter - No Cd etc will be required for this process on Windows 7 - This will take about 15 minutes -Only do one computer so we can see any results -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471692/windows-7-freezes-upon-login-but-returns-after-7-20-minutes/
Relevancy 51.17%

For the last few days I have been having trouble loging into Windows When I turn the computer 5 minutes upto Windows takes to login on all seems fine Windows comes up nice and fast right upto the login screen From then once I chose my own account it takes an age to turn on I have looked through all the startup app's nothing out of the ordinary Anti-virus MSN thats about it Nothing shows up in HijackThis either I tried to defrag the HD no use Scanning for errors doesnt show up anything the HD is only a couple of months old Its also taking a little longer than usual to close down Windows takes upto 5 minutes to login Windows too Often WMP doesnt open when you double-click a file You have to double-click again and suddenly it comes up Same when streaming WMV or MPG files from the net through WMP sometimes it opens sometimes it doesnt All this has happend more or less at the same time for no reason I havnt made any changes apart from uninstalled a couple of games I no longer play No new parts no driver changes no Windows update no new programs no BIOS tweaks asolutely nothing It just Windows takes upto 5 minutes to login took minutes to boot one day the other week and has been doing it ever since Any ideas

A:Windows takes upto 5 minutes to login

Try the System File Checker

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow ( sfc if not reconized)

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem. You will need your Windows cd.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-takes-upto-5-minutes-to-login-94460.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

I have been having this issue for at least 2 months now. When I login, I can access everything on my desktop, start menu, internet , etc .... for a very short time (just a couple of minutes) and then windows stops responding. Even if I do shutdown -r -t 01 it will hang. The odd thing is my volume slider started intermittently going down and I would turn it back up and get my sound back and then it would go down again and I would have to repeat this cycle. Sometimes I notice my toolbar will turn gray and flash a bit and then flash back to the normal colors. It runs normal in safe mode and I repaired windows last night. This is my last effort before a format. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-launch-anything-a-couple-minutes-after-login.1087825/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there,

I'm working on a system to allow users to login for a short period of time, but then after they have logged out, to prevent them from logging back in for 10 minutes (this is to allow other users to use the PC, and that the same user is not hogging it by logging back in straight away), so wondering if it is possible?

I know you can use Group Policy to set Account lockout settings, but these only apply if the user was NOT successful in logging in. I need a way of setting the lockout settings so that once a user has logged out, they cannot log back into the same PC for 10 minutes.

Any help would be appreciated?

A:Lockout a User for 10 minutes after SUCCESSFUL login

I think you would need some sort of third party software for this. I dont understand also. Is this a server/network login, or are these all individual accounts DIRECTLY on the computer?

Let us know,
Ben

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/74622-lockout-user-10-minutes-after-successful-login.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a relatively new win7 enterprise 64-bit install. This is a domain account, so I have to do ctrl+alt+del to login. After entering my password, the welcome notice comes up (with the spinning circle), and it takes quite a while for the desktop to appear. It can be as long as a couple of minutes. This is a pretty fast rig (i5 2500K/GA-Z68X-UD3H/F312800CL8D-8GBXM) and when I first set it up it, my desktop appeared about 10 seconds after hitting the power button, including login.

Is the use of the domain account the likely cause of the delay, or could this be something else like automatic update? I'm not sure how I would go about finding out.

Thanks for the advice,

LMHmedchem

A:desktop takes minutes to load after login

The problem is the way domain accounts are handled. They aren't exactly meant for speed of use, but more for open accessibility. I'm guessing this is a work related device?

Short of a solid state disk drive, you probably aren't going to get it to speed up noticeably.

That being said as with any slow boot up process the first thing I would look at is what is loading at startup.
Sadly you are going to need pretty much all of the services running for the domain and com+ to communicate right.

You should be able to prune startup items without too much trouble though.
Domain is slower than normal user log on, but it shouldn't be extreme.

First thing I would check is start up items.

Oh yeah, and it getting slower over time is also a side effect of the domain system.
I'm going to guess a startup app is a large part of your problem though.
90% of the stuff that insists on loading at startup is generally completely useless.

So I guess all that blabbering is headed to
Are you familiar with msconfig and pruning startup items?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/216499-desktop-takes-minutes-load-after-login.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I have the same problem with two computers in two different physical locations After a restart of Windows I login and windows is fine for about - seconds then pretty much everything locks up If I just let the computer sit after about minutes Windows comes login minutes Windows freezes but after upon 7-8 7 returns back to life and works as expected until the next reboot As I mentioned I have the same symptoms on computers at locations The computer motherboards and CPU are different but other than that the computer are basically configured the same with the same software installed on each I notice in the computer logs an error that shows A timeout Windows 7 freezes upon login but returns after 7-8 minutes milliseconds was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service A timeout milliseconds was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the BITS service A timeout milliseconds was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Appinfo Windows 7 freezes upon login but returns after 7-8 minutes service A timeout milliseconds was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the LanmanServer service From these I deduce that Windows is looking for a Windows 7 freezes upon login but returns after 7-8 minutes piece of hardware and waiting for a response that is what is locking the computer but I have no idea how to find and fix what it is looking for A solution would be appreciated

A:Windows 7 freezes upon login but returns after 7-8 minutes

What "computer logs" reflects the error detail, please?Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and paste the content into your next post.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468225/windows-7-freezes-upon-login-but-returns-after-7-8-minutes/
Relevancy 51.17%

I m in the process of running an inplace repair 35 stuck at re-install inplace / minutes repair of XP Home The Windows Installation inplace re-install / repair stuck at 35 minutes has been stuck at minutes for over an hour I m running the repair from the Dell system recovery CD I am working on a Dell Inspiron with XP Home installed The owner reports out of the blue the error noted in the subject I followed the recovery console steps When I tried to copy c windows repair system c windows system config system quot file not found quot or similar was reported quot C windows repair gt dir quot showed the presence of system bak but not system So I entered copy c windows repair system bak c windows system config system That got me into Windows But I couldn t obtain an ip address I received There were also DNS server entries which persisted after I flushed dns I verified that there were no manual setting in TCP IP for the adapter The firewall was off I uninstalled the NIC driver re-booted then re-installed the driver from the Dell Driver disk Then quot error occurred while renewing interface quot quot cannot find the file specified quot appeared I ran sfc scannow I had to re-active XP Per http www jsiinc com SUBM tip rh htm I ran netsh int ip reset resetlog txt That did not fix the problem so I am now running an inplace repair of XP Home per http www jsiinc com subl tip rh htm What do you suggest nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inplace-re-install-repair-stuck-at-35-minutes.265712/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I am Using Aspire- 4741z laptop with win-7 ultimate 32 bit. From few days my laptop getting stuck after 5-10 minutes of start up. no key and mouse cursor not work. then every time i press power button and hard reboot. but in safe mode there is no problem. then i re- install the windows but the problem still remain.

i don't understand why this happening......................

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401192-laptop-gettings-stuck-after-few-minutes-start-up.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I have a Compaq US laptop that came with Windows XP Home on it I ve started a new Windows installation where I did a full format in NTFS When XP goes into Setup mode it stops with minutes remaining and will not go any further I ve searched all forums and can not find anything that will fix this problem I ve tried using the following CDs as well with no luck Windows XP Home no SPs SP SP SP and XP Pro SP All CDs were not upgrades all were fresh install attempts After every attempt I did do a full format as to Minutes Windows Stuck 39 Installation Solved: at not have any conflicts between any of them I ve ran a full system diagnostics and everything has quot passed quot Memory CPU Hard Drive and all I ve read on some forums that some laptops had problems if they had more than MB of memory installed this Solved: Windows Installation Stuck at 39 Minutes one has MB I took one out and that did not work either I don t have any extrenal devices hooked up to the laptop and have disabled what I could in the BIOS though there were not many thing I could disable I ve copied the Setupact log file and here is what it says GUI mode Setup has started Failed to install assembly from manifest quot D I asms POLICY MSFT WINDOWS NETWORKING RTCDLL RTCDLL MAN quot Win Error Code Installation Failed D I Solved: Windows Installation Stuck at 39 Minutes asms Error Message The device is not ready One of the components that Windows needs to continue setup could not be installed The device is not ready GUI mode Setup has started I m not sure where to go from here Any help would be much appreciated Oh and just for kicks I did install Vista Home Basic with no problem and it ran fine I just couldn t find any audio drivers for the sound card and that is very important for the user so I m trying XP Home SP again and getting the above error nbsp

A:Solved: Windows Installation Stuck at 39 Minutes

Ok, so I solved it myself.

I want to update this in case anyone else has this problem.

How weird is this:

Ok, I have been trying to figure out what in the world has been going on with this issue and why nothing I tried in the suggestions of other posts would work. Well, I still had the XP Home SP3 ISO file on my computer. I tried another burn to a CD and, still got stuck in the exact same spot. Then, something struck me. I opened the ISO with PowerISO and extracted all the files on other computer. I took all the extracted files and put them on a USB stick.

I started the laptop back up and did not put the Windows XP Home SP3 CD back in. Instead I attached the USB stick. (You might have to do this before the computer is turned back on).

This time, when the startup continuted, right away it asked for the "Windows XP Home Serivce Pack 3 CD" and I hit OK. It couldn't find the CD of course so the next box popped up and ask for the CD again but had the directory below where you could change the drive from D:\ to what ever you wanted. Well, with the USB stick in, it's drive E:\

Since E:\ had the exact files on it that the CD has on it, all I did was change any D:\ prompt that kept coming up, to E:\ (and the directory it was asking for) so in my case I kept changing the prompt to E:\i386 and every time the prompt came back, it was asking for a new file, so I knew it was woking. The only annoying part was having to change the D:\i386 to E:\i386 every time. (Copy/Paste works here - use it!!) It only asked for it about 15 times, but compaired to not working at all, this was nothing and a pretty easy fix!!

XP finished the install just fine and asked a few more times for the Windows CD and I kept pointing to the E:\ (USB Stick) drive every time. It's just important that if it's asking for D:\i386 (or what ever directory) that you use the same directory after your drive, so again, my case E:\i386.

Wierd, same ISO, same files, nothing different except using a USB stick instead of the the CD and then everything worked just fine. Again, I tried many CDs to make sure it wasn't a bad burn, but none of them worked. Thank God for USB!

I'd also like to add, it wasn't a bad CD drive. Vista Home Basic installed with no problems at all.

Hope I saved someone some headache.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-installation-stuck-at-39-minutes.830357/
Relevancy 51.17%

I m in the process of running an inplace repair of XP Home The Windows Installation has been stuck at minutes for over an hour I m running the repair from the Dell system recovery CD I am working on a Dell Inspiron with XP Home installed The owner reports out of the blue the error noted in the subject I followed the recovery console steps When I tried to copy c windows repair system c windows system config system quot file not found quot or similar was reported quot C windows repair gt dir quot showed the presence of system bak but not system So I entered copy c windows repair system bak c windows system config system That got me into Windows But I couldn t obtain an ip address I received There were also DNS server entries which persisted after I flushed dns I verified that there were no manual setting in inplace repair stuck / minutes re-install 35 at TCP IP for the adapter The firewall was off I uninstalled the NIC driver re-booted then re-installed the driver from the Dell Driver disk Then quot error occurred while renewing interface quot quot cannot find the file specified quot appeared I ran sfc scannow I had to re-active XP Per http www inplace re-install / repair stuck at 35 minutes jsiinc com SUBM tip rh htm I ran netsh int ip reset resetlog txt That did not fix the problem so I am now running an inplace repair of XP Home per http www jsiinc com subl tip rh htm What do you inplace re-install / repair stuck at 35 minutes suggest nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/inplace-re-install-repair-stuck-at-35-minutes.265712/
Relevancy 50.74%

I ThAs title suggest win freezes minutes after start up..

A little about my machine;

I have too big of a power supply so this has created
a lot of dust inside the machine. And this problem
Makes the machine to hot inside. (changed thermal heat compound
3 times last 3months)

In the past when the thermal heat compound has
Started to be faulty the computer has just shout down
This problem is different.

Last day the machine froze for the first time...I thought
It most likely where a virus. So I decided to replace the hard drive
And make a fresh install of Windows 7 after about 4 h of use it froze again.
I'm thinking this is hardware related? Please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-freezes-minutes-after-login-hardware-error.1091341/
Relevancy 50.74%

As title suggest win freezes minutes after start up..

A little about my machine;

I have too big of a power supply so this has created a lot of dust inside the machine. And this problem Makes the machine to hot inside. (changed thermal heat compound 3 times last 3months)

In the past when the thermal heat compound has Started to be faulty the computer has just shout down This problem is different.

Last day the machine froze for the first time...I thought It most likely where a virus. So I decided to replace the hard drive And make a fresh install of Windows 7 after about 4 h of use it froze again. I'm thinking this is hardware related? Please help

Relevancy 50.74%

Ok apparently nobody on the internet has the exact same problem as I do because I've searched multiple search engines and many have SIMILAR problems but not exactly like mine Here's the problem After I start up my computer it gets to my login screen I login and after about minutes everything freezes Mouse keyboard all of it stops No Ctrl Alt Del or any other method responds The weird part is that I don't have to have ANY program open I logged in and left my computer for minutes came login, after open! even with programs no Vista Freezes 5 minutes back and it was frozen I've done that atleast times Now I stumbled across this thread on Microsoft's TechNet forum I looked through all posts They offered Vista Freezes 5 minutes after login, even with no programs open! multiple solutions Vista Freezes 5 minutes after login, even with no programs open! The screen will un-freeze after about seconds Nope After a -hour freeze I manually powered off holding the power button the only thing that works Change the SATA ports that the CD DVD drives are plugged into while maintaining order Cracked open the case moved the CD DVD drives Then in SATA Vista Freezes 5 minutes after login, even with no programs open! ports amp and moved them to amp respectively Booted the BIOS and enabled the ports and disabled the unused ones Change the SATA port that the hard drive is plugged into Moved it from SATA to SATA enabled disabled the used unused ports in BIOS still freezes Change the display theme if using quot Aero quot Well I use the classic display Plus in the small window that I have when I right-click and go to personalize I get an hourglass for a few seconds and no window pops up Turn off the Automatic RAID option may require re-installation of OS Did that and it turned out I would have to re-install the OS But since I bought the desktop as a package from Dell I didn't get the OS' install disk So I bought one from Amazon and when booting from the DVD and choosing quot Repair quot it says it can only be used when booting from the installed OS which doesn't load when my RAID option's off So I turned it back on and everything went back to the freezy normal I logged in went to Repair but it takes more than minutes to do so it never gets to finish Now because my computer freezes so soon after login I can't run a full scan of ANYthing and the few scans that can run in Safe Mode require an internet connection to download up-to-date definitions but I can't connect to the Wireless Network in Safe Mode Even when I boot in Safe Mode with Networking I only get a quot Local quot connection and not one to the internet All the F F F startups that offer a scan check of anything I've done I either get a quot No problems found quot message or quot All Tests Passed quot message I chose the quot extended quot option if there was one for each test still nothing Now the only solution I can find is to format the HD and re-install an OS but I can't I cannot lose the things on my hard drive I'm a college student studying graphic design and I have countless projects potential clientele files important contacts my portfolio and pretty much my life on that thing So with that conditional clause the only thing left I can think of is to buy a new hard-drive buy another OS DVD one that can boot from the CD DVD I'm not sure what quot OST quot means but I've deduced that if I buy an quot OST quot version of an OS Install CD DVD it means I can boot from it but I chose the cheaper DVD on Amazon and then plug my previous info-filled HD into an open SATA port so I can atleast access copy those files to my new HD with its new OS But guess what There's another condition YAY I'm I live with my parents We are not exactly what you'd call wealthy I attend a local community college where I am one-year deep into their incredibly well-funded graphic design program Because I go to school full-time I don't have any source of income How much money do I have to spend That's it I don't have a job or... Read more

A:Vista Freezes 5 minutes after login, even with no programs open!

Were you able to test RAM sticks with Memtest86+ or similar diagnostic tool?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-freezes-5-minutes-after-login-even-with-no-programs-open-345649.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Please help me. My laptop slows down significantly several minutes after login.

What I did is I clicked the windows orb. It would load but only after about 1 minute. I've tried booting in SafeMode and the problem doesn't seem to appear. I already did the msconfig thing but no avail. This has been happening for around 2 weeks already. This computer is already being used for more than one year. I already performed reformat + system restore to the point that my laptop has almost nothing in it.

Like what happened just a while ago. It took almost 10 minutes for my laptop to completely shutdown when it is normally around 1 minute.

A:Computer slows significantly several minutes after windows login

Have you tried running a sfc/scannow to find and possibly repair any corrupted system files? Heres a link to a tutorial on how to do that.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Welcome to the forums!

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/300623-computer-slows-significantly-several-minutes-after-windows-login.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey,

I've reformatted my hard drive and attempted to reinstall windows XP but it's always getting stuck at 32 minutes "Installing Network". I read a few things online, tried disabling my NIC card but still no luck.

Anyone have any ideas. I would like to try to do a fresh reformat and try installing it again, but have no idea how to bring up the screen to reformat again. It always takes me straight to the install portion of the process.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Relevancy 49.88%

Installed Vista on this machine months ago initially had this same problem and it went away after a few reboots But i recently had to format reload Vista because of a different issue The long login time has not gone to and Business. ID 10 6006. login to Vista 6005 minutes Event away on this fresh install I believe it is not affected when i take it out of the domain After searching the internet I have tried NETSH INTERFACE TCP GLOBAL set autotuninglevel disabled and also making sure i can connect to http Event ID 6005 and 6006. 10 minutes to login to Vista Business. schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt Event ID 6005 and 6006. 10 minutes to login to Vista Business. lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon quot Guid quot DBE B - CF - - CC-A CB A B quot EventSourceName quot Wlclntfy quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Event ID 6005 and 6006. 10 minutes to login to Vista Business. Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt tbdivb v corp local lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt GPClient lt Data gt lt Data gt StartShell lt Data gt lt Binary gt C D lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name ApplicationSource Microsoft-Windows-WinlogonDate AMEvent ID Task Category NoneLevel WarningKeywords ClassicUser N AComputer computa Description The winlogon notification subscriber lt GPClient gt took second s to handle the notification event StartShell Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon quot Guid quot DBE B - CF - - CC-A CB A B quot EventSourceName quot Wlclntfy quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt tbdivb v corp local lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt GPClient lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt StartShell lt Data gt lt Binary gt lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Event ID 6005 and 6006. 10 minutes to login to Vista Business.

Hi Matt555,

I would like to confirm if there are some logon scripts applied to this machine and the policy ?Run logon scripts synchronously? is enabled. If so, please temporarily disable the policy or remove the logon scripts to check the result.

Hope it helps.

Sincerely,
Joson Zhou
Microsoft Online Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/56310e15-32df-457a-bc38-4cc2fce0a5e5/event-id-6005-and-6006-10-minutes-to-login-to-vista-business?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all I have an Advent laptop rebranded MSI GT Q quad core Radeon Mobility vid card Vista Home Premium -bit My problem started a couple of days ago and it's been repeating with every boot up without fail ever since then Basically in quot Normal Mode quot the machine will boot up normally and load up start up programs like AVG antivirus with no noticeable slowdown compared to usual but within a couple of minutes of booting up the machine two login [SOLVED] after vista freezes minutes (long/detailed) will invariably freeze i will lose of control of whatever program i'm running say browser will not be able to fire up any other programs or invoke the task manager or even open the Start menu The mouse pointer might continue to [SOLVED] vista freezes two minutes after login (long/detailed) be movable but without giving any response to clicking although sometimes the pointer freezes too I have no choice but to force reboot the machine by holding down the power button for secs or so To reiterate ever since the problem started this problem will always occur when i start in normal mode And it happens with both the user accounts i have Sometimes the problem might occur in the welcome screen itself before choosing which of the two UA account to log in with if i let the machine running too long before making my choice Regarding safe mode please read about it below where i outline the progress made so far Here are some of the things i tried keep in mind that since i only get a minute time window after login to do anything useful in normal mode before the machine freezes Ran task manager and took a look at the processes running in memory this works before the freeze begins to set in couldn't spot anything standing out as suspicious looking While i'm no expert but i can usually spot obvious telltale signs of problems from TaskMgr and msconfig and i generally keep my machine's startup quot clean quot and clutter-free A couple of processes i was not familiar with i looked them up on the Internet but they didn't turn out to be significant Managed to download Hijackthis run the executable and post the log file on the online analyser site all this happened over several reboots it didn't find anything suspicious except it said one audio driver file was quot possibly nasty quot because it was running in a different location than it usually does but was rated good by visitors seems like a false alarm I can post the Hijackthis log later Every time I forced reboot the machine Vista would want to do a disk consistency check which i let it complete several times during different occasions It would do some minor fixes like broken indexes etc but always complete successfully without taking too long and without reporting any bad sectors Tried booting in Safe Mode several times it would list the system files on the screen as it loaded them but would get stuck after reporting that the crcdisk sys file was being loaded Sometimes it rebooted after freezing for several minutes this changed later though as i mention later Had tried to invoke System Restore from Normal mode a few times but the system would freeze before Vista could display the restore point choices so no luck there Pressed F after reboot which allowed me to load up the quot TechGuy quot recovery system that comes with my laptop Among other things it offers the System Restore option Managed to get it running and tried to restore to a restore point a couple of days before the problem started but it complained that quot The system cannot find the file specified x quot Ditto for another restore point from another day before I then tried a restore point from about a week before and it managed to restore to that point The first glimpse of something positive However after rebooting and having Vista announce that the restore had been successful the system would again freeze after a couple of minutes in exactly the same way as before Rebooted several times to test this and no improvement However after the... Read more

A:[SOLVED] vista freezes two minutes after login (long/detailed)

To respond to my own question... i think i've figured it out; i installed Speedfan and in normal mode discovered that the temperature of the 4 cores reaches between 70 and 80 C. I think it's time to open up the bottom and do a good clean...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vista-freezes-two-minutes-after-login-long-detailed-502286.html
Relevancy 49.45%

After a power outage weeks ago I was having issues with the system going down at around minutes and then less and less time after that I was told it was a display issue Stuck classpnp.sys on stuck screen, safe Windows splash on mode and to uninstall and reinstall my display drivers I uninstalled my drivers and it was still the same I felt like it was temperature related I found my graphics card Radeon was dirty I cleaned it and thought I was back in business Everything was back to normal all I needed to do was update my graphics drivers Once that was done my computer would no longer load past the Windows splash screen I used Puppy Linux on a flash drive and I have access to everything I can use the internet and access all my files This to me says that it is not a hardware issue The fact that when I try to go into safe mode it gets stuck for more than a day on classpnp sys when I finally give up I understand that classpnp sys has Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys loaded but there Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys is something after that that the computer can't load I have Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys seen some people have atipcie sys load after classpnp sys and it makes sense to me that it would be a graphics driver that is causing the issue I need my Windows up and running for school and work projects Any ideas thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated

A:Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys

Hi ,
Follow this tutorial to run SFC /Scannow at boot.
SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
If you want to run the command from a USB drive follow this tutorial.
Boot Windows 7 System Repair Disc from USB Using Grub4Dos
And apply it to the first link instead of the ERD (Emergency Repair CD).

Generally a good tutorial to read.
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303393-stuck-windows-splash-screen-safe-mode-stuck-classpnp-sys.html
Relevancy 49.45%

This has never happened before. When I turn on the computer, the two accounts show up (both administrator) but whenever I click either of them, the screen just shows the Windows 7 login screen for a while without any text then sends me back to the account selection. This happens when I select either of the accounts, one of them also has a password but that doesn't show up either.

PLEASE HELP.
(also don't know a lot about computers ;-; )

EDIT : When I turned on the computer, it went through updates where it says Starting Windows with the Windows logo. Maybe this helps.

A:Can't login to Windows 7. Sends me back to login screen every time.

Same thing happened to me since the update yesterday.

( just to clarify Is this the same problem ? I posted a video Windows Error - YouTube )

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385612-cant-login-windows-7-sends-me-back-login-screen-every-time.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok here's the background My wife's pc identical to my own and running on Windows XP was restarting at shutdown recently on it's own and I saw an error that said there was some kind of driver error So I uninstalled the nvidia drivers in hopes of installing the most recent ones I don't know if this was the issue but I was troubleshooting and use screen, mouse can't mode too not in or keyboard the the login safe login at to I I noticed that there was a recent driver update Well now I can't log on at all because when I get to the windows login screen the mouse and keyboard won't work I see for an instance the cursor shows an hourglass then nothing I see the blinking cursor in the login field but I can't type anything in there and the mouse doesn't work So I tried to do a system restore but it just I can't use the mouse or keyboard to login at the login screen, not in safe mode too sent me to the login screen and no mouse or keyboard function persisted When I tried to go into safe mode I can't use the mouse or keyboard to login at the login screen, not in safe mode too it asked me what was the boot device I wanted to use which after some searching I see is also an indicator of a problem but I'm not sure what it means I picked my HD and continued to do a restore to the last working config and the same deal can't login no mouse or keyboard use at that sceen So I tried going into safe and it shows both an administrator icon and my wife's user name and I can't try either because again the moust and keyboard aren't working here either I tried to boot with the windows xp disc in even picked the boot source from the boot menu as floppy and again as the cd-rom I read that doing so can sometimes fix things No dice here either I managed to get where I guess it was fixing things and it asked for the adminstrator password Well I'm the administrator and the only password I know isn't working So I'm at a loss I'd prefer not to have to do a fresh install but please if anyone has any advice or directions I REALLY need some hand holding here I'm not an expert by any means and I apparently know just enough about this stuff to get myself in trouble I can use some direction and help and I would be majorly appreciative to anyone who can take the time to do so I REALLY don't want to do start from scratch and re-install everything Thanks - MC

A:I can't use the mouse or keyboard to login at the login screen, not in safe mode too

what type of mouse/keyboard, wireless, ps2, usb?

when it asks for password at repair console, just press enter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-cant-use-the-mouse-or-keyboard-to-login-at-the-login-screen-not-in-safe-mode-too-196162.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I just discovered a problem with vista I recently installed can't error, Direct screen, 9.0 X recognized login screensaver run login not on an outstanding software known as TuneUp Utilities I then used it to customize my computer login screen I made a modification such that on startup or when no one is logged i e when the login screen login error, screensaver can't run on login screen, Direct X 9.0 not recognized is displayed in case there has been no activity for minutes vista's built in bubble screensaver begins to run Unfortunately when I tested this modification out I noticed a screensaver error stating that quot direct d is required to run this screensaver and can't be found on your computer quot so I logged in and tried running the screensaver again and it worked perfectly Why is it not working on the login screen but it works on the desktop screen How do I confirm the version of direct x I have installed because I recently made an update on my direct x I tried updating it to XXX and the same problem is still occurring Please reply asap

A:login error, screensaver can't run on login screen, Direct X 9.0 not recognized

Click the link in my signature and under STEP 2 download and install everything there, that should solve your problems.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/227286-login-error-screensaver-cant-run-login-screen-direct-x-9-0-not-recognized.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I can't get to the OS to run anything. When I log in, it goes blank (eggshell color). When I Ctrl+Alt+Del and tell it to shut down I see the desktop just before it logs off. When I try going into safe mode it restarts after login. This is on an Emachines ET1331G-07 4gig ram Win 7 64bit, off the network.

Wado,
Fred

A:Win 7 Screen goes eggshell after login, safe mode restarts after login

When did problem begin?

Any indications that system was/is infected...prior to your post here?

Any changes to system made prior to problems?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505221/win-7-screen-goes-eggshell-after-login-safe-mode-restarts-after-login/
Relevancy 49.45%

If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen
This issue started with Redstone builds.
This was not an issue with TH2.

Many other Insiders have reported this on the Feedback Hub.
I thought it would be fixed by now, but it still exists in Build 14393.5

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/58102-if-auto-login-enabled-there-no-user-picture-login-screen.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Computer gets stuck On the motherboard screen, and when I try to enter the setup when pressing delete it will change screens and say entering setup but will get and will not load the setup. I think I obtained a virus from a torrent and made my computer act like this.

Specs: windows 7 home edition
Ripjaws 4gb ram
Intel core i5
Motherboard : msi p55a-gd55

A:Computer stuck on motherboard loading screen, and stuck in setup.

Wrong forum for malware issues. Please post here: Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-stuck-on-motherboard-loading-screen-and-stuck-in-setup-595494.html