Windows Support Forum

HP Recovery Manager Loop

Q: HP Recovery Manager Loop

HP laptop would boot to "blue screen" - could not read error quick enough - finally decided to restore to original setup through HP Recover Manager. Made a backup of files and proceeded with reinstall. Everything looked fine - HP software installing, desktop was there, installed video card driver... Installed the video driver, laptop shut down and now stuck in a loop with Recovery Manager. Keeps asking if I want to recreate a factory image. Already done that...stuck in a loop. Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-recovery-manager-loop.881244/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Recovery Manager Loop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 52.46%

So a while ago my Manager can't HP Why Up Offi... Open save Recovery Manager/Back automatic updates told me I should upgrade to Windows on my Windows Why can't HP Recovery Manager/Back Up Manager save Open Offi... computer I did I've used it find for a while and then suddenly Why can't HP Recovery Manager/Back Up Manager save Open Offi... it started repairing itself and I got one of those bsod that eventually lead me to a nbsp pick a keyboard set up It of course made it so that I couldn't use any ports keyboards or mice no matter which I used After some reading I was told to go back to factory settings but before I did that I used the backup manager that HP offers I selected music videos and documents actually I think I selected all of the available options Anyhow once my computer was finished backing itself up onto my external harddrive with the HP program I reset the computer back to factory settings Upon opening the recovery manager and searching through my recovered files i have everything except my Open Office Files Is there a reason why this happened Did I do something wrong Does anyone know why it wouldn't have accepted those as documents to back up I'm extremely frustrated as I am a writer a poor one obviously since I have to use a free program instead of Microsoft Office and everything I was working on is simply gone with no explanation nbsp nbsp Can anyone help me understand Possibly even help me find the files if they are somewhere not quite so obvious

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Why-can-t-HP-Recovery-Manager-Back-Up-Manager-save-Open/td-p/5850885
Relevancy 52.03%

I will try to be as precise as possible and give as much info as I can but I'm not sure what info is inconsequential and what HP HP manager recovery get inability Recovery Pavilion to error and past isn't at HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager this point But here goes For weeks I have tried to outsmart whoever it is that has had complete remote access to my laptop but changing as many admin permissions and incoming outgoing connections that I could find to keep them out A couple of days ago I did a system HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager restore to factory settings thinking this would do it It didn't he was still there He locked me out of all admin tools yesterday I have a system recovery disc made about a year ago and put that in my CD drive tonight thinking I could completely reformat the drive and wipe him out However at start-up I pushed F and came up with a screen that said something about HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager running the disc from E drive I apologize for not be able to give you specific language but I never thought it would get this far with no progress However under the line showing the drive it was booting from there was another line that started quot DETECTHAL REDIRECT quot then went on to say something about quot redirect name quot and redirect path quot none of which sounded legit to me And considering that this intruder had created so many other fake error info msgs already I didn't want to take the chance of this being something else that he had stuck in there I backed out of that reboot and restarted I've subequently tried to restart over a dozen times from the CD but even in Safe Mode it reverts to the HP Recovery Manager Once there I go through the prompts to reformat but then get an error msg that says error x a If the problem persists contact HP quot I can't get past this error nor can I get any type of command promt to come up I tried starting in safe mode with command prompt and it reverted back to the recovery manager Once the error comes up and I click OK to close it my laptop restarts and I continue in the same endless cycle If I try to boot up without the recovery disc in the CD drive I get a black screen that says quot Operating system not found quot I am assuming then that my Windows Vista system recovery disc is not working although if I put it into another computer I can see the files on it and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong I have a backup disc that I made a couple of years ago when I had Norton installed but have not tried them Should I Also a friend suggested that I use the recovery discs for my PC with Windows just to get an operating system loaded if it will load automatically from the CD then go in and try to access the Vista recovery CD I wish there was a quick fix to all of this as its been a very long weeks trying to get this guy out of my laptop and frustrating because I've been so incredibly unsuccessful I know you ask for detailed system information but I'm not sure what more I can tell you Please let me know what you need and I will do my very best to answer Any help with this issue would be so so appreciated - beyond words at this point So thank you to whoever can help

A:HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager

It sounds to me like you have malware. I suggest running malwarebytes.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296083-hp-pavilion-recovery-error-inability-get-past-hp-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am on Windows 10, and for the past couple months I have had booting/BSOD errors that usually give me "bad_system_config_info" and occasionally, "0xc000021a ". Sometimes, I have been able to boot in by accessing the UEFI settings, other times it seems like it just randomly decides to let me log in to my computer normally. When I am able to login, I check for viruses and I haven't found any, as well as run commands like "sfc/scannow", "chkdsk", or "bootsect".  I am trying to recreate recovery media via the HP Recovery Manager, but each time I insert the empty flashdrive, the Recovery Manager suddenly crashes. Please, any response to these combined issues would be greatly appreciated, I haven't been able to use this laptop regularly for months now.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager-Crashes-when-I-try-to-make-Recovery/td-p/5757604
Relevancy 51.17%

I am running windows 7 on my laptop. I has windows vista before the upgrade. I had recovery discs for windows vista created from the recovery manager. I tried to make discs for windows 7. I would like to know why it won't let me make a disc for windows 7 because if I had trouble and needed to put in the recovery discs I wouldn't want to use the ones i had for windows vista. what should i do? here are screenshots to show what happens when i try to create the discs for windows 7.

A:Problem w/ creating recovery disc in Recovery Manager

HP PC Recovery Disc Creator, is for your HP Vista only, not for UpGrade of Win 7.

Try this:

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/66037-problem-w-creating-recovery-disc-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 51.17%

If I abandon my efforts to install the latest Windows 10 update, would it be a feasible and a good choice for me to command HP Recovery Manager to make the "Minimized Image Recovery" to the factory condition of OS (Windows 7 Home Edition) with drivers and select software?  I have used HP Recovery Mgr to backup my files on an external hard drive.  Next question: How do I restore those files to my computer?  Should the restoration be done in Windows 7 or after I install Windows 10 on my computer?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager-option-of-quot-Minimzed-Image-Recovery/td-p/5843826
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a hp pavilion g7-1219wm Notebook PC and upgraded from windows 7 home premium to the new windows 10 and the hp set up manager and hp recovery manager will not open the user account  control says this app has been blocked for your protection. I do not know if my Norton 360 is blocking it or what. Windows 10 also did not load the hp wifi connection manager.  My hp launch box ans hp support assistant works fine. Does anyone else have this problem?

A:HP recovery manager and hp setup manager not working with wi...

I have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC and I have experienced the same problem with HP Setup Manager after upgradingfrom Windows 7 to Windows 10. It has also de-activated my Microsoft Office 2010 and completely got rid of my Norton antivirus program. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks WinonaJS

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-recovery-manager-and-hp-setup-manager-not-working-with/td-p/5176949
Relevancy 50.31%

My laptop came with Windows bit operating and there is a recovery partition to factory reset It was nbsp protected by the HP recovery manager After i update to Windows reset my PC not factory reset create manager media recovery recovery without with the option keep my files so now i have a Windows and i can create recovery media without recovery manager see nbsp in recovery partition nbsp one recovery folder and inside it one file of name lang in the Recovery partition rest of the files and i can't create recovery media without recovery manager see and there isn't any virus in my laptop its just create recovery media without recovery manager of changing settings i took the step of reset windows i believe my recovery partition is save but due to un availability of recovery manager it is not protected nbsp now i want to factory reset and by going to advance startup option i saw recovery manager ther but when i clicked to recovery manager it says can't open file x recovery hp rita-tool thats why i cannot proceed for factoey reset please guide me how can i get back recovery manager or how can i make recovery media nbsp please help nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/create-recovery-media-without-recovery-manager/td-p/5832416
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello nbsp I upgraded Recovery the HP to Using Manager Recovery delete Partition--... my notebook to Windows shortly after it was offered in August nbsp I also upgraded my main drive with a smaller SSD nbsp So now that the notebook's been running OK for almost a year I'd like to delete the recovery partition nbsp I only have a GB SSD so deleting that Recovery partition would give me almost more space on my C drive nbsp I tried using two different partition programs to do this-- both apps let me delete the partition D Recovery-- far right top but then neither will let me add the new space to the C drive nbsp There is small partition between the two and they will let me resize that partition but not the C partition nbsp nbsp I found that the HP Recovery Manager that's installed on my notebook has an option for deleting the partition Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--... but Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--... it doesn't say where it will put the new unallocated space but I didn't go all the way with it yet nbsp If I work through it the rest of the way will it give me the option of where to put the new unallocated space nbsp Or will it add it to the C drive automatically nbsp nbsp Below is a snapshot of the drives configuration the drive on TOP is the one in question nbsp

A:Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--...

Hi, I can see C: and D: do not sit next to each other therefore Windows Disk Manager may not like this. Please try:     http://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-software/combine-partitions-windows-10-free.html Note: you have to delete D: first. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Using-HP-Recovery-Manager-to-delete-the-Recovery-Partition/td-p/5706070
Relevancy 50.31%

Guys I cant complete succesfully my system recovery nbsp Here is an event-by-event detail I have a DV Pavilion nbsp - I Complete fails) (Recovery Problem Recovery Manager Recovery Recovery is complete message appears Once your system restarts and you finish the inital - I restart- CMD exe window appears- Software Installation HP window appears- It restarts black window with HP Logo then Microsoft Corporation windows starting - Please wait while Windows sets up your computer Black screen - Please wait WHile Windows Continues Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) setting up your computer light blue screen - Restarts again- black screen mouse pointer windows logo appears start sound Welcome Screen appears Vista Home Premium - Windows setup window Windows is now setting up the following items Pre-PININST Check Preinstall Software InstallerPre-PININST Preinstall software Installer ndPost PININSTAC Power CheckingBurnBoot Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) All this with a HP on the back screen with the grey completation bar -Takes long time to complete the second task Preinstall Software Installer - Restarts Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) logging off shutting down - Black screen white pointer again- Windows Welcome screen againNow when it is in the Windows is now setting up the following items - Pre-PININST An Recovery Manager window appears saying that The recovery attempt has failed Please select one of the following buttons Details or RetryWhen I hit details it appears the following - ChkErrBB CMD Detect some error during PININST-BBV - ChKErrBB CMD Check C system sav logs BurnBootWarn logI hit retry and the DVD CD open and it restarted the machineAnd Again back to the Welcome to the Recovery Manager original screen nbsp nbsp How can I solve this Thanks Solved View Solution

A:Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails)

I found away past it. Just close the window with the "X". Don't hit retry or it will just keep starting over. The box will appear a few more times during the process, but just keep hitting X and it should go through. Worked for me! I'm not sure if there are features or files missing because of the errors, but the system seems to work fine so far.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Manager-Problem-Recovery-fails/td-p/97667
Relevancy 50.31%

I had deleted recovery partition because of boot mgr error. pre-installed OS: Windows 8.1 I have also ordered two sets of hp recovery disc but both shows same error (boot mgr) but yesterday I can't even open system recovery from hp recovery disc by press F11, even I try to change bios setting from secure boot to legacy boot but can't  open system recovery  What I do now?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/can-t-open-HP-recovery-manager-from-hp-recovery-disc/td-p/5798200
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello, I am trying to completely factory reset my pc but when I select Windows Recovery Environment in HP recovery manager, it just brings me to the login screen after it restarts my computer. I have tried factory resetting using windows but I get the message 'Could not find the recovery environment.'Is it possible for me to factory reset without having to spend any money, or will I have to order a disk from HP?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-recovery-manager-Recovery-environment-not-doing-anything/td-p/5685793
Relevancy 50.31%

.... but I didn't touch it.
My d:\ is not empty - it is almost 80% full but when i click on it there are no files. Tried - to the extent of my knowledge - to see if the files are hidden but didn't reach anywhere. Tried a restore point but that didnt work either. Please help

A:HP Recovery Manager says that my recovery partition has been removed

Recovery Manager has hiccups sometimes...
Try re-booting and entering at boot.

If that fails you can order the Recovery Media from HP for a reasonable price.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/237130-hp-recovery-manager-says-my-recovery-partition-has-been-removed.html
Relevancy 50.31%

This is a last resort for me nbsp My PC failed and would no longer boot to Windows Just kept spinning while trying to load Manager Cannot failure. Recovery access Recovery nbsp At this point I decided to access Recovery Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager Manager to do a Systom Restore back to factory settings I know I should have created a restore point when upgrading to Windows but life lesson learned nbsp Either way my installation failed and I'm no longer able to access Recovery Manager I did my diligence and backed up Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager my files to USB but it's useless since there's no operating system nbsp I downloaded a copy of Windows and burned to a disk but when booting from CD Drive it doesn't prompt to install Windows just says it is preparing set up for first use then an error appears saying Windows could not complete installation To install windows on this computer restart the installation nbsp I tried using my CD key on the microsoft website to try and download a copy of windows but it wouldn't let me because it was a factory copy nbsp I'm at a complete loss right now can't find any help with this situation and paying someone to fix this isn't an option nbsp What am I missing here guys nbsp Any assistance would be appreciated

A:Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager

Hi @xxboramirxx I would suggest you try the troubleshooting steps given in the link below : http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01867418 I am an HP EmployeePlease click ?Accept as Solution? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.Click the ?Thumbs Up? to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Recovery-failure-Cannot-access-Recovery-Manager/td-p/5841450
Relevancy 50.31%

My laptop has become very slow, I reinstalled windows and installed original drivers from HP's website. But, my laptop is still very slow. So, I'm hinking about restoring my laptop to factory settings. I don't have HP Backup & Recovery manager or Recovery Partition or any disc that came with laptop. If there is any way I can restore my laptop to Factory Settings, Please inform . And If I need to download anyting please give the link with it. Thank You.

A:Don't have Recovery partition and Recovery Manager to Reset ...

Hi there @HPian_B,  Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community, where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from the community! I read that you would like to reset your HP Pavilion g6-2310ex Notebook PC to factory settings.  Please read the document called Backing Up Your Files. This will provide you with ways to back up the files you have on your Notebook. Here is a document for you to read called Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive. I pulled some information from the document for you. The first thing I would like to make you aware of is that only DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, or DVD+R DL discs are compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program. The following disc types are not compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program:CDsDVD-RWDVD+RWDVD-RW DLDVD+RW DLYou will then also see that in the document it says: The Recovery Media Creation software program allows  only one complete set of discs to be created.The Recovery Media Creation software program  requires an uncorrupted recovery partition (Recovery Image (D) to create a set of discs. Uncorrupted means the recovery partition has  not been modified or removed.The creation process takes about 30 minutes per DVD. The entire recovery set does not need to be created in one session.The Recovery Media Creation software can be aborted at any time, except during the writing (burning) process, by clicking  Cancel. The next time the Recovery Media Creation software program is run, it automatically starts where it last stopped.You can use the recovery discs you create on your computer on another computer only if the second computer is the same model as the one that created the recovery discs.Here is a document called Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7) and another called Recover Windows 7 Operating System Using Microsoft Windows Backup and Restore. - This is used to Recover, Restore, or do a Clean Install of Windows 7.  Please make sure that you read these documents very carefully before you decided to reset to factory settings.  Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Please also re-post with the exact error message you received. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos. Thanks!Have a great day

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Don-t-have-Recovery-partition-and-Recovery-Manager-to-Reset/td-p/5594620
Relevancy 50.31%

I removed some spyware and recovery from Manager not Recovery Gateway the does work viruses from my father-in-laws computer It works ok for a little bit but then I will get a BSOD with the STOP x e error I do not have the peripherals that originally were installed on the system as I only took the tower to work on and have my own mouse keyboard and monitor installed Would this cause the problem At any rate I want to use the Gateway Recovery Center to do a factory system restore When I open it up and chose the factory restore option it wants me to restart my computer I chose to restart but it doesn't do the restore I have also asked it before to do a scandisk check recovery from the Gateway Recovery Manager does not work on start up but it won't do that either I have the mini dump files from the BSOD messages but I am just wondering if I should go ahead and take it back to his house and hook up the normal monitor and such and see if I get the BSOD then It doesn't seem to have any particular triggers like now I have had it on and running just fine for about minutes just trying the things that I have tried before It is running Windows Update now as it hasn't had any updates since March of this year I did a System Restore and then used Spybot S D to remove what was there whatever it had at the time would cause the computer to go to a blank white screen after about seconds on the desktop at startup I was told that it had started with some FBI pop up that was asking them to send to them to unlock their system or such Spybot caught a trojan something like fakeporn and removed it Since then the computer will start up normally but then give me te BSOD after a while It will start in safemode and run ok Guide me OMG don't judge me

A:recovery from the Gateway Recovery Manager does not work

This might help:http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det...0x0000007e seems to often relate to drivers and 0x0000008e to RAM. If there is a virus still about then you could get confusing BSOD errors.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/recovery-from-the-gateway-recovery-manager-does-not-work/13395.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Alright so I got this old laptop a little while ago from an old Loop?!? Manager Boot friend of mine I did factory reset had fun with it and so on and now comes the time to where I want to give this computer to another friend who needs it for college Boot Manager Loop?!? Well the initial problem started when I tried to do a factory reset and every time I tried the Windows Boot Manager would appear saying Windows failed to start A recent hardware blah blah blah etc and it would boot normally to the Windows log in screen I'm not the most technologically gifted so I read on another forum where I should set the Recovery partition on the disk drive to Active and now instead of the C Drive booting first the Recovery partition of the drive is booting first I thought that would fix the factory reset problem but I'm pretty sure that's where I screwed up Now whenever I start the computer it shows the Windows Boot Manager saying Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings Click Repair your computer If you do not have this disc contact your system administratorStatus xc fInfo The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible I have two options at the bottom of the screen ENTER to continue or ESC to exit If I exit it will bring me back to this screen no matter how many times I press escape And if I press enter this shows up Choose an operating system or TAB to select a tool Windows Setup EMS enabled To specify an advanced option for this choice press F Tools Windows Memory Diagnostics At the bottom of this screen again there's ESC to cancel which goes back to the error screen TAB to select the tool but also brings up back to the error screen and enter which again brings you to the error screen I am still able to bring up the Startup Menu which lets me still use BIOS setup Boot Device Options System Information and Diagnostics Unfortunately I don't have the original Windows Repair disc to help with this What do I do Take it to a computer repair shop Junk it I'm running out of options

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Boot-Manager-Loop/td-p/5849254
Relevancy 49.02%

Can anyone help with a fix that does not require reformatting--again I reinstalled Blackberry Bold on -month-old HP with Windows XP Media Center This is after reformatting the HP s hard drive and reinstalling software to correct slow response Get a popup quot Sonic Update Manager The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package UM MSI in the box below c hp tmp src UPDATEMANAGER MSI quot Because I installed BlackBerry with Media Manager I m assuming the program should be Update Sonic a cancel in loop--won't Manager there but I can t find it I talked with BlackBerry support and they just say to uninstall and reinstall the software which I have now done three times Same problem I ve searched through temp and BlackBerry and Sonic program files and it s not there either If I click OK I get this message quot Sonic Update Manager The path c hp tmp src UPDATEMANAGER MSI UM MSI cannot be found Verify that you have access to this location and try again or try to find the installation package UM MSI in a folder from which you can install the product SONIC UPGRADE Sonic Update Manager in a loop--won't cancel MANAGER quot I ve been in touch with Sonic tech support but they just send me back to BlackBerry I tried Microsoft support but they seemed unable to understand my problem If I try to cancel the install I get into a loop with quot Please wait while Windows configures Sonic Update Manager quot and then the above popups I know others have had this problem but solutions seem to have expired or don t quite fit my situation As an aside this is my first post I ve been around computers for some time so I listed myself as quot intermediate quot but reading some of the other posts makes me think I should rate as beginner Let me know if I need to downgrade nbsp

A:Sonic Update Manager in a loop--won't cancel

do a search using windows search and search the whole c: hard drive for these words and see if it can find it,
UM.MSI
then copy and paste it into this folder,
c:\hp\tmp\src\UPDATEMANAGER_MSI
*** if you can find it that is.
if all goes well then the next time it will see it
I just searched for that missing file and found this

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000020GN&PARAMS=set-locale=en

Update Manager (Service) issues and resolutions

Knowledgebase Article : 000020GN | Print this Article
Issue

Launching MyDVD 6.x or Digital Media Studio applications generates this message window:

Sonic Update Manager
The feature you are trying to use is on a
network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a
folder containing the installation package
'UM.MSI' in the box below.
When the computer is started, Sonic Update Manager repeatedly attempts to download updates.
While rebooting, the Sonic Desktop Manager window states that you need to insert a CD labled Sonic Update Manager.
The Update Manager is missing a file called sguard.msi or um.msi
Ads are popping up via the Update Service on your machine when you launch.

Resolution

Note: This issue was resolved in Creator 10 and higher. Visit the Roxio Upgrade Center for the latest version of Creator or call our Inside Sales Team at 1-877-793-7480 (Monday - Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., EST - excluding Roxio holidays).

For MyDVD 6.x or Digital Media Studio:

This may be caused by removing certain non-Sonic/Roxio applications that share file resources with our Sonic/Roxio software. To fix, you will need to replace these files with this fix utility:

http://tools.roxio.com/support/dell/isum_hotfix.exe

Be sure all Sonic and Roxio applications are shut down before launching this utility. This hotfix requires a reboot. No reinstallation of the software is necessary.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sonic-update-manager-in-a-loop-wont-cancel.902691/
Relevancy 49.02%

Everytime i try to boot up my pc, it automatically goes to the system recovery options menu. No matter what i do, if i restart it comes straight back to this screen. ive tried sytstem restoring numerous times, tried booting in safe mode. But no matter what its the same outcome. Please help.

Relevancy 49.02%

Windows 7 RC 64-bit

Tried to load a 64-bit IPSec vpn client and received a bsd.
Rebooted into safe mode and perform system recovery.
All went well until reboot.
Now system continually returns to System Recovery Options even when I boot to safe mode.

Please help, really don't want to have to do a complete reinstall.

A:Windows 7 Recovery Loop

Quote: Originally Posted by steiner

Windows 7 RC 64-bit

Tried to load a 64-bit IPSec vpn client and received a bsd.
Rebooted into safe mode and perform system recovery.
All went well until reboot.
Now system continually returns to System Recovery Options even when I boot to safe mode.

Please help, really don't want to have to do a complete reinstall.

Hi steiner and welcome to sevenforums.

Do you have a backup to restore from? have you tried booting from the win 7 dvd? we could also porbably use some sys specs.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/18657-windows-7-recovery-loop.html
Relevancy 49.02%

i had a virus, so i was advised to do a system recovery since it was to hard to remove it. i did system recovery by pressing f10 when the computers started. i don't have a cd. the system recovery progress went well when it ended it ask me to restart the computer or turn off. i chose turn off, but when i tried to turn it on it created a restart loop. windows doesn't load the computers restarts itself after a little while after i turn it on. any help would be good. thank you.

A:system recovery loop

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/206859/system-recovery-loop/
Relevancy 49.02%

So I custom built my computer for gaming. I used Windows7 Pro as an OS. It worked great for 2 weeks but when I was playing Minecraft it froze and I had to reset my computer and now I'm stuck on the Repair Loop. I've tried a lot of things. I really don't wish to reinstall Windows. Helppp! I've also tried chkdsk/r and /f. R worked the first time but when I rebooted again it returned to the loop.

A:System Recovery Loop.

What other things have you tried as you stated? I would recommend test your HDD by using diagnostics tools. From another pc if possible.

Downloading UBCD which is in my signature.Burn the ISO Image to a blank CD using Imgburn (How to burn a ISO Image using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd boot with the cd go to HDD>Diagnostics>The make and model of your hard drive, Seagate, Maxtor, Drive Fitness which is Hitachi, Or Western Digital. Perform a short and long test. Could also be called "Standard" and "Extended" test or also "Comprehensive" test. Seagate HDD diagnostics tools will work on most Hard drives.

If you can not find the right test for your hard drive your OEM computer may have it's own hard drive diagnostics testing tool. Refer to your OEM computer documentation to find out how to access these test. Also try going to the manufacture of your machine to find documentation about it. Also consider going to the manufacture of your hard drive to look to see if they have hard drive diagnostics test. The ideal test or method would include an ISO that could be burned via an image to a cd which would be made bootable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-recovery-loop-660262.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello!So ive had an hp 15-g029wm (generic af, I know) for over three years now, and I'm finally getting hit with an issue. I can turn the device on, but after doing so, it says "Preparing Automatic Repair" and then after a five minute long black screen "Diagnosing your PC" and then "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." And then it kind of chills there forever. Also, I originally had windows 8 when I bought it, and then I was given a free upgrade to Windows 10. I don't know how to enter the bios menu or whatever, and I feel like I've mashed every button to get some sort of reaction out of this beast.Let me know your thoughts

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Auto-Recovery-Loop/td-p/5685140
Relevancy 49.02%

Mod Edit Moved to Malware Removal Logs forum boopmeSo obviously I don't need to explain the recovery loop to you guys My computer has never really had any problems before and I'm extremely particular about running my antivirus programs I use Malware-Bytes and Spybot S amp D A few days ago my Dell Inspiron n laptop with Windows -bit not sure which make or version I'm running took a crap on me and went into an infinite recovery options reboot loop I have a Please using loop Farbar recovery Need help Help!! with copy of the most current version of Farbar and my most recent FRST txt file is posted below so I've gotten as far as running the program scanning the drive and saving the txt file I'm hoping someone here can direct me as to what to do next I REALLY need my computer back as there's extremely important work saved that I hadn't had a Need help with recovery loop using Farbar Please Help!! chance to move to my external yet Hope someone can Need help with recovery loop using Farbar Please Help!! help me I'll gladly follow instructions on whatever is suggested Also I should add at this point I cannot boot my computer at all Not even in safe mode -SmallChange- Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT- IMCLRQ - - Running from G Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode RecoveryDefault ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run MSC gt c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run Apoint gt C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe - - Alps Electric Co Ltd HKLM Run BTMTrayAgent gt rundll exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth btmshell dll TrayAppHKLM-x Run SDTray gt C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe - - Safer-Networking Ltd HKLM-x Run DelaypluginInstall gt C ProgramData Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate DelayPluginI exeHKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched gt C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task gt C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated Winlogon Notify igfxcui C Windows system igfxdev dll Intel Corporation Winlogon Notify SDWinLogon-x SDWinLogon dll X BootExecute autocheck autochk sdnclean exe Services Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist it will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately S dbupdate C Program Files x Dropbox Update DropboxUpdate exe - - Dropbox Inc S dbupdatem C Program Files x Dropbox Update DropboxUpdate exe - - Dropbox Inc S MBAMScheduler C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe - - Malwarebytes S MBAMService C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe - - Malwarebytes S MsMpSvc c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe - - Microsoft Corporation S NisSrv c Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe - - Microsoft Corporation S SDScannerService C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDFSSvc exe - - Safer-Networking Ltd S SDUpdateService C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdSvc exe - - Safer-Networking Ltd S SDWSCService C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWSCSvc exe - - Safer-Networking Ltd S WinDefend C Program Files Windows Defender mpsvc dll - - Microsoft Corporation S ZAtheros Bt amp Wlan Coex Agent C Program Files x Dell Wireless Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exe - - Atheros S ZAtheros Wlan Agent C Program Files x Dell Wireless Ath WlanAgent exe... Read more

A:Need help with recovery loop using Farbar Please Help!!

Greetings smallchange38 and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far.Please run this program for me.===================================================Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool - Run Fix--------------------From a clean computer press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type in notepad and press EnterClick Format then check Word WrapPlease copy and paste the contents of the below code box into the open notepad and save it on the flashdrive as fixlist.txtWinlogon\Notify\SDWinLogon-x32: SDWinLogon.dll [X]
S3 ALSysIO; \??\C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\ALSysIO64.sys [X]
2016-01-22 13:44 - 2016-01-22 13:44 - 00003318 _____ C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\{2D816804-4D19-46FA-B284-2F6C0F0085DE}
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\AskSLib.dll
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\cres.dll
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\cshell.dll
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\dropbox_sqlite_ext.{5f3e3153-5bce-5766-8f84-3e3e7ecf0d81}.tmpatguzx.dll
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\guninst.exe
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\KMPAddedCode_KMP_adpageopen_Step1.exe
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\SIntf16.dll
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\SIntf32.dll
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\SIntfNT.dll
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\SpotifyUninstall.exe
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\sres.dll
C:\Users\Owner... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605243/need-help-with-recovery-loop-using-farbar-please-help/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello Having a major issue with Windows x startup recovery Last week my laptop came up with a corrupt file error when I went to open programs iTunes Word Google It would have a window that would pop up with the error and then a small yellow triangle with an exclamation point would display in bottom right corner saying quot iTunes exe - Corrupt File The file or directory C Windows winsxs x microsoft vc crt fc b b a e e b none f ebcb eb is corrupt and unreadable Please run Loop Recovery System the Chkdsk utility System Recovery Loop quot Upon seeing this I ran Malwarebytes but came up with nothing I decided to restart my computer Upon restart Windows did not start properly instead going to a windows recovery option I ran the Startup Repair looked like was going to take a while so I eventually just left it running overnight to find it finally completed in the morning The repair had failed and the only thing that showed up as an error was the following Diagnosis and repair details Root Cause found ----------------------------- Boot manager failed to find OS loader Repair action Fire repair Result Failed Error code X Time taken ms Repair action Boot configuration data store repair Result Failed Error code x Time taken ms Yesterday my husband and I attempted to use the Windows disk in hopes of fixing the OS loader problem However we are never given any of the options that most people mention showing up either starting with loading from the hard drive OR loading from the CD DVD We have also tried to run all the options listed when we run the Bootrec in the command prompt screen But all attempts to use any of those options have led to failure This morning I ran the Farbar scan recovery tool The follow is the result of the scan If anyone has any insight on how to proceed in getting my laptop back up and running please help THANK YOU -Lath Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-M QJLF on - - Running from e Platform Windows Home Premium X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run SynTPEnh gt C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run SysTrayApp gt C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe - - IDT Inc HKLM Run AlienFX Controller gt C Program Files Alienware Command Center AlienwareAlienFXController exe - - Alienware Corporation HKLM Run gt X HKLM Run XboxStat gt C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XboxStat exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run FAStartup gt X HKLM-x Run OSD gt c Program Files OSD Launch exe - - HH HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM gt quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot HKLM-x Run APSDaemon gt C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper gt C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched gt C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKLM Winlogon Userinit C Windows system userinit exe HKLM-x Winlogon Userinit userinit exe X Winlogon Notify FastAccess-x C Program Files Alienware Command Center AlienSense FALogNot dll HKU Alien RunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate gt C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil Plugin exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKU Alien Policies system LogonHoursAction HKU Alien Policies system DontDisplayLogonHoursWarnings HKU Default Run Sidebar gt ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun HKU Default User Run Sidebar gt ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun HKU Home Alien Run Google Update gt C ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-recovery-loop.1134054/
Relevancy 48.59%

My computer did a Windows security critical system update at am last night and now my computer is stuck in a bluescreen boot manager Boot Manager+Blue Screen loop startup loop I'm using Win Home bitASUS P Z -V LE PLUS intel i K GTX all drivers current I have no external drives attached So here's what happens I startup it gets to the windows loading screen flashes a bluescreen for a millisecond and restarts with options at boot manager repair pc and start windows normally Restarting windows normally repeats the process above as does safe mode if I can even get to it - f brings up a Boot Manager+Blue Screen startup loop UEFI boot list of the time going into repair mode states that it was Boot Manager+Blue Screen startup loop unable to fix the problem Boot Manager+Blue Screen startup loop and trying to restore to any restore point fails as a restart immediately kicks me back to square The error data from repair shows me this ProblemEventName startuprepairofflineProblemSignature ProblemSignature ProblemSignature unknownProblemSignature ProblemSignature autofailoverProblemSignature has now climbed to of failed repairs ProblemSignature baddriverOSVersion localeID I found a guy with a similar problem here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows-failed-to-start-system-repair-cant-discover-problem chkdsk and bootrec exe display no problemssfc scannow displays no problems as well or tells me that I have a repair pending and that I should restart doing this kicks me back to square I tried using FRST per the guy in that thread but it just says that it is unable to find CMD Del q C Windows Tasks At jobIt seems like this problem is repairable but nothing is working for me right now I would appreciate any help greatly Here is the FRST log also attached https mega co nz QYIGxAwA GtlYA SNt-WoHXT NnSuIZDI ntJhQTxxyRWVJpo GY

A:Boot Manager+Blue Screen startup loop

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/531190 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531190/boot-managerblue-screen-startup-loop/
Relevancy 48.59%

My laptop crashed but I was bale to recover my data from the drive using an external cable to the drive on my desktop PC.  I can see the recovery partition, can I make a recover USB from the drive without it being in my laptop?

A:Re: Don't have Recovery partition and Recovery Manager to Re...

Hi there,  Do you not have Recovery discs?How did you previously load Windows 7 on your Notebook? The media creation software allows only  one system image to be created. If you created a set of recovery discs, you can not create a system image on a USB drive. The media creation software requires an uncorrupted recovery partition (FACTORY_IMAGE D. Uncorrupted means that the recovery partition has  not been modified or removed. That being said, at this point, I cannot guarantee that the image will work on your USB. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Re-Don-t-have-Recovery-partition-and-Recovery-Manager-to/td-p/5596486
Relevancy 48.16%

I am using SP3 to get to recovery console as i have read on numerous threads about Log on/ Log off problems. My problem however is that when i enter recovery console the prompt asks 1. H:\minint or 2. C:\windows

When i come to "COPY userini.exe wsaupdater.exe" the result is "file not found" on C:\windows

on H:\minint the function works - either way when i EXIT and restart i am still unable to log in without the system logging out again immediately.

I'm not very computer savvy, so any help is great but it'd be better in laymen terms.

A:Help PLEASE: Log on/Log off loop - recovery console issues

I think that is userinit.exe (with a 't')

Have you tried Expand c:\windows\system32\dllcache\userinit.exe c:\windows\system32\

edit: if that is what you're trying to do

Are you trying to remove wsaupdater.exe ?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892893

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-please-log-on-log-off-loop-recovery-console-issues-358537.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone I have a problem with my PC which I'm not sure is strictly Vista related but I would appreciate if someone could help me with it My PC specs are as follows E Processor work Restart won't loop, recovery one IDE hdd raid stripe Restart loop, recovery won't work of two more hdd's and an ATI running Vista Ultimate bit This is my problem I'm not sure as to how it began didn't update windows as far as I know but as I turn on the computer once it starts loading windows it flashes BSOD right in the beginning the moment the loading screen comes on for a fraction of a second not actually able to read off the error from it and restarts Trying to run safe mode it does the same thing and restarts in the middle of loading the system files I tried using the Vista DVD to recover the operating system but when It starts loading the DVD it does the same thing and restarts on it's own Also tried using a diffrent DVD with only a Vista recovery tool and it does the exact same thing Lastly I tried installing Win however once it's past the file loading screen and it ounches up the windows logo it freezes Checking the RAID stripe turned out nothing the RAID controller recognizes it as healthy the OS is on that drive and when I disconnect it and try to install a new OS on the third IDE hdd it still does the same thing and restarts automatically As far as I know the only two things currently accessible to me are the BIOS and the RAID controller consoles If anyone is familiar with such symptoms I would be happy for some advice because I'm baffled as to what's going on Thanks Josh

A:Restart loop, recovery won't work

Resolved, faulty memory stick.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/restart-loop-recovery-wont-work-446075.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I wish my searches brought me to this site before I did what I did -- now my eMachines desktop is caught in a reboot loop not rebooting in any of the Need Console / loop Reboot Recovery safe mode standard last good config options -- just getting to the quot e quot logo restarting and starting over again Mine was originally running slow too hardrive always sounding like it was on a high motor sometimes taking minutes or more just for Internet Explorer to open Before doing anything to fix it I wanted to back up all the pictures videos music and personal business files we ve stockpiled So a couple weeks ago I hooked up a Samsung Story external drive which did not accept any of the media of course as further punishment for waiting so long to do it So I quit temporarily Then a few days ago we starting getting a Remind XP error Reboot loop / Need Recovery Console and the Lexmark no longer recognized the PC when in scan mode Everything I saw online insisted they re related Simultaneously started getting a quot Device Manager Needs to close quot error In attempting to fix these I cleaned up the desktop then took advice from the other forums coming up in my search -- ran CC Cleaner to clean registry went into msconfig and disabled Remind XP and Lexmark thingies Reboot loop / Need Recovery Console Then I rebooted to reap the benefits and now I m caught in that loop Since I can t afford for GeekSquad I m seeking other help I tried applying your Windows XP Recovery Console tutorial but I don t have that option XP came Reboot loop / Need Recovery Console preloaded and the only recovery tool they provided is their own eMachines version I started it got through copying the current config then read that it would reboot the factory version and that we would lose all our family pictures and my daughter s digital photography work can t afford to do that So I ve seen your success with this post and am hoping you can work some magic for me Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide I d be happy to reply with any additional info

A:Reboot loop / Need Recovery Console

If your priority is saving data, you might try booting with a Linux Live CDto see if you can still read the drive. If so, you can copy what you want, onto a flash drive and work on fixing the drive afterwards.A Linux disk should enable you to boot, without interference from Windows.It's about a 700MB download of the ISO, which you need to burn to a CD.(Ubuntu is a popular distribution and also Linux Mint).Read all the info first, if you're dubious. http://www.linuxmint.com/download.phpor Google Ubuntu, if that's more familiar to you.You're right, about this site - it's unlikely that anyone would ever recommend a registry cleaner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274582/reboot-loop-need-recovery-console/
Relevancy 48.16%

I turned on my computer after working with ATT Tech's for wide band and now have a Windows Error Recovery on the screen. I have chosen both options with no results; it just loops back to the same Window Error Recovery screen. I have tried to reboot and completely unplug the computer. Are there any solutions?

T

A:Windows Error Recovery Loop

Hi and welcome to TSF you could try running a repair if you have a install or recovery disc http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial148.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-error-recovery-loop-439197.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Yesterday my computer was running perfectly fine I restarted it then it randomly said it was doing a repair bit it gets stuck at I tried every repair option possible none worked So I plugged in an Automatic Stuck Recovery loop in old HDD with Windows on it so that I can save some files I needed After that I formatted Stuck in Automatic Recovery loop the SSD with Windows on it and reinstalled it Everything seemed to be going really during the installation and then when it was complete I was getting random freezes in the OS After a while I will get a blue screen that restarts my computer and then it will take around minutes before I get to the login screen When I log in all the programs I have installed has been completely wiped from the computer When I try to do the Windows update it could never complete the update because the blue screen will pop up The blue screen pretty much pops up whenever it feels like it then takes forever for me to login again Then it eventually said it was doing an automatic repair after I did a reset and the loop has started again Does anyone know what is going on with this My first install of the OS was perfect and now it is really frustrating trying to use my computer since whatever I do just get erased Oh yeah I remember one of the error messages after the PC reset saying something about the Weather app

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/12875-stuck-automatic-recovery-loop.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi There,My mother in laws notebook was running slow, and was nagging here to update to windows 10, i tried to do this for here but there was no space, tried clearing space using tool provided, and still not enough space (despite only having a few mb of pictures on the machine). Tried an external drive, but after it downloaded the update and trying to install i got 41% in and bombed out.I took it home and after doing a backup of her files, i attempted to do a recovery to take it back to factory level again.Here is where the problem started, after rebooting it started to reset to factory, was stuck on 1% for 1 hour, then after another hour was on 5%, then it bombed afterwards. Now it wont boot and although options are available such as bios or recovery, i dont have a recovery USB.Can you help please?Many thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Stuck-in-Boot-Loop-Need-Recovery-USB/td-p/5709713
Relevancy 48.16%

ok this login loop is gonna drive me nuts...used the 4 disk option and I am at this point in recovery console.. ..I hit repair and then I get a promt c:\winnt> .......WHAT do I do next

A:login loop recovery console

What login loop? Perhaps you can explain exactly what the problem is.EEOC

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/login-loop-recovery-console/65702.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My computer froze earlier today and I thought little of it, so I rebooted my computer and it went to Error Recovery. Unfortunately after choosing to Start Windows Normally it takes a couple minutes and just reboots itself and goes back to Error Recovery.

I've tried Safe Mode, I tried Last Known Good Configuration, and I haven't had any luck. The only OS disc I have is the one Gateway packaged with the computer years ago and it doesn't seem to work at all.

I am fairly computer inept and I have nothing left. Searching the internet hasn't helped me at all and I'm starting to get a bit scared. I need help asap.

Any help anyone can provide would be much appreciated.

Which version of Windows?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-error-recovery-loop-803401.html
Relevancy 48.16%

When turning the Ipod Nano on, I get the message "use itunes to restore". However, when I use itunes to restore, I get stuck in the recovery loop. All posts I've read about on various sites say to change the drive.

I right click my computer / manage / disk manager
When there, the ipod is not readable. When I browse via explorer, the drive claims to not be formatted. Seems this problem is fixed for others this way, but not me.

The drive is working...I've tested it with my camera and pocket (thumb?) disk.
I've also uninstalled/reinstalled the itunes software.

I'm reluctant to try to sync our other nano, for fear of the same thing happening.
Any other ideas, short of replacement?

Thanks so much

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipod-nano-recovery-loop.600585/
Relevancy 48.16%

On my other laptop, I turned it on and it went into recovery mode. Then it said it was formatting and then it finished and told me to reboot. When it did, it did it all over. Help!

A:Infinite Recovery Loop URGENT!!

Sounds like you need to boot into the recovery console from the Vista disk or a recovery disk and fix start up.
Startup Repair
Create a Recovery Disc

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/303500-infinite-recovery-loop-urgent.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I've been working on a Toshiba Satellite C -S tha's been suffering from a devasting recovery loop I've tried to rebuild the MBR with all the bootrec commands from the System Recover Repair Disk Nothing is seeming to work I've recently came across the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x I've read good things of this tool so I ran in on the computer but am now in need of a fixlist txt I don't know how to acquire a fixlist I do have the FRST txt Here it is Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST Loop Error Windows Recovery txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT- ELQM K on - - Running from F Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run - x HKLM Run HotKeysCmds - C windows system hkcmd exe HKLM Run SmartAudio - C Program Files CONEXANT SAII SAIICpl exe - - Conexant systems Inc HKLM Run SynTPEnh - C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run TPwrMain - C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run TCrdMain - C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run TosVolRegulator - C Program Files TOSHIBA TosVolRegulator TosVolRegulator exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run TosSENotify - C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA HDD SSD Alert TosWaitSrv exe Windows Error Recovery Loop - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Run TosReelTimeMonitor - C Program Files TOSHIBA ReelTime TosReelTimeMonitor exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM Windows Error Recovery Loop Run CanonMyPrinter - C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE - - CANON INC Winlogon Notify igfxcui C Windows system igfxdev dll Intel Corporation HKLM Policies Explorer NoControlPanel HKLM-x Run ToshibaServiceStation - C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exe - - TOSHIBA Corporation HKLM-x Run NortonOnlineBackupReminder - C Program Files x TOSHIBA Toshiba Online Backup Activation TobuActivation exe - - Toshiba HKLM-x Run ToshibaAppPlace - C Program Files x TOSHIBA Toshiba App Place ToshibaAppPlace exe - - Toshiba HKLM-x Run mcui exe - C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe - - McAfee Inc HKLM-x Run APSDaemon - C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper - C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run CanonSolutionMenuEx - C Program Files x Canon Solution Menu EX CNSEMAIN EXE - - CANON INC HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched - C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKLM-x Run - x HKLM-x Run ApnUpdater - C Program Files x Ask com Updater Updater exe - - Ask HKLM-x Run mcpltui exe - C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe - - McAfee Inc Services Whitelisted S HomeNetSvc C Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform McSvcHost McSvHost exe - - McAfee Inc S IJPLMSVC C Program Files x Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE - - S McAfee SiteAdvisor Service C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe - - McAfee Inc S McAPExe C Program Files McAfee MSC McAPExe exe - - McAfee Inc S McMPFSvc C Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform McSvcHost McSvHost exe - - McAfee Inc S McNaiAnn C Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform McSvcHost McSvHost exe - - McAfee Inc S McODS C Program Files McAfee VirusScan mcods exe - - McAfee Inc S mcpltsvc C Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform McSvcHost McSvHost exe - - McAfee Inc S McProxy C Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform McSvcHost McSvHost exe - - McAfee Inc S mfecore C Program Files Common Files McAfee AMCore mcshield exe - - McAfee Inc S mfefire C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe - - McAfee Inc S mfevtp C windows system mfevtps exe - - M... Read more

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/516987 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516987/windows-error-recovery-loop/
Relevancy 48.16%

Update Fixed it Recovery loop a System Stuck in My suspicions were correct the computer was having issues with labeling the drives correctly and disconnecting the second one did indeed force the computer to label the main one correctly thus allowing the recovery tool to start up correctly and then after a restart allowing the OS to boot normally I dunno how just going into the System Recovery tool caused this but it did and I fixed it no thanks to you guys Although Richard S did supply me with potentially life-saving tool and I'm still going to burn it to a DVD for any time someone else or I need it in the future Props to you Richard Following is the original post and an update left for anyone who may have the same problem as me in the futureRunning a Compaq Presario SR P with Vista Home Basic Recently installed a new video card but I doubt that its the problem as it was running fine for about a week before this Ok so first a little backstory to this problem I'm watching over a friend's house for a few days and decided to bring my desktop along and hook Stuck in a System Recovery loop it up to her TV currently posting from her laptop btw When I hooked the tower up to her TV it would go through the BIOS then the TV would flick to quot Incompatible Format quot which meant the resolution was incompatible with the TV Not having a monitor or anything else to hook the tower into to switch the resolution I was looking around in the BIOS settings and such for a way to switch the resolution before boot which I know how to now a little late though Well I thought the system recovery tool might have something in it if someone's monitor couldn't display anything and they knew the monitor was working they might go to System Recovery right Well I could find nothing there either so I restarted the computer Now Vista will only boot into Recovery mode It refuses to boot normally I've tried Boot Windows Normally Last Known Good Config just about everything And I can't use system restore because all of my restore points are stored on the C partition of my main drive whereas the recovery system is stored on a different one I am steadily finding this type of setup ridiculously idiotic and I have no idea as to why manufacturers do it A clean install is extreme last ditch effort I'd almost rather cut off any of my fingers rather than wipe my drive So is there any way to get past this problem I only know a little concerning how OS's boot up but my guess as to the problem is that in initially opening up the recovery tool I changed the file that holds all of the boot info on the main drive so now instead of the BIOS being told to boot off of the C drive its booting off of the X drive the partition that holds the recovery tool Again though thats just my guess and I have no idea how one would fix that Update Some interesting developments Because the Recovery tool that is on my HDD partition was doing nothing I decided to download the Vista Recovery Tool and burn it to a disc which yes is legal in the hopes that running it off a CD would allow the tool to see more than the empty partition that the other one saw Well it did see more and what it saw was interesting I have hard drives in my computer one dedicated to programs and the OS and the other dedicated to media Somehow through the processes that I went through in my first post the media drive was labeled drive C originally E my main partition of the main drive was labeled drive E originally C the quot Recovery quot partition was unchanged with the label D and a new drive a new partition a virtual drive was discovered with the name of quot Boot quot and the label of X So all this time I haven't been booting to the recovery partition as I thought I was I was booting to this new drive or partition I found these through the System Restore Point system in a list of which drives would be affected by reverting to an older point which I tried and which didn't work I just now tried the Startup Repair system and... Read more

A:Stuck in a System Recovery loop

Have you considered using Knoppix Live CD (Linux) to try to rescue the important stuff to external storage media ? You can then work on the other issue knowing your data is saved elsewhere.

Here's a link to a guide on how to do so. The version of Knoppix may have changed but the same principles apply:

http://www.shockfamily.net/cedric/knoppix/

Hope this is of some help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/245911/stuck-in-a-system-recovery-loop/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there I am in a bit of a jam Let me summarize to you what my Logoff cd-key Logon recovery + Loop problem is I purchased and downloaded a copy of Office and Windows XP last year These were legit copies of software because it passed all Genuine Validations and were up-to-date A few days ago my computer acquired a virus Trojan GameThief-Online from HB Inject Software as Kaspersky called it Kaspersky also up-to-date could not remove the software After trying three times to remove this virus I guess the virus activated a secondary protocol which disrupted userinit exe This caused a logon logoff loop Access through any modes Logon Logoff Loop + cd-key recovery safe network command prompt last good configuration did not work because the logon logoff loop came up again I was told by a friend to do a repair install from a Microsoft XP cd Since my version was a downloaded one I borrowed his cd which was an illegitimate version The repair install did not work the logon logoff problem was not fixed I now have over-written my previous windows with this illegitimate cd-key I can't hookup my hard drive to another computer to access my office cd-key which should not have been affected by repair install because the virus replicates itself onto other harddrives I did not write down the cd-keys I cannot access Microsoft support because no product id So this is my story as to date I have three questions how do I fix the logon logoff problem how can I get my office legit cdkey back how can I get my windows xp legit cdkey back I am not sure if the windows repair install overwrote the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Tool Since it checks the cd-key would it hold my previous legit cdkey Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Logon Logoff Loop + cd-key recovery

More info:

I have tried these solutions to no avail:

-Recovery console chkdsk (no problems found)

-Access registry (cannot login in ANY mode)

-copy userinit.exe wsaupdater.exe (file not found)

-cd system32\config
ren software software.old
copy C:\windows\repair\software (does not work)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logon-logoff-loop-cd-key-recovery-311967.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Have tried it all I saw a post a while back about it but nothing seemed to work for me it always loops back to the error page when I enter my win7 disc it does nothing just brings me to the same exact page. Please help me.

A:Windows error recovery loop

What is on the error screen? Message details?

When you have the Windows disc in the drive must boot set as the first boot device

either in the BIOS or you can use the quick boot menu during startup (varied by make/model)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-error-recovery-loop-657042.html
Relevancy 48.16%

started my pc and recovery error came up. Tried system recovery DVDs, safemode just does nothing n it loops again,, but when i hit startup repair it goes to n empty desktop with just a mouse pointer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601670/windows-recovery-error-loop/
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm stuck in the recovery system loop with 0 bytes and for some reason there is only 1 advanced option when there was 5 before. Please help

A:Windows 7 recovery system loop

what were you trying to do or what happened that you were trying to do system recovery? and your computer specs please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-recovery-system-loop.1138321/
Relevancy 48.16%

So when I started my laptop this morning I got the error quot A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged error xc quot I hit 'Enter' and it takes me to the screen to select an verified digital & manager loop boot winload.exe not signature OS and the only one available is Windows Home Premium I can either hit F to winload.exe digital signature not verified & boot manager loop supposedly select advanced options or enter to boot Windows There are NO tools listed or boot options listed like there normally is I'm just able to hit 'enter' or F and both of them take me back to that orignal error screen Basically I'm stuck in a loop between those two I tried my Windows recovery CD but it still just takes me to these two screens and I can't get out of it I have searched other forums and threads and there is help for this issue but everyone is able to use their recovery CD and I cannot

A:winload.exe digital signature not verified & boot manager loop

Boot from Windows 7 recovery CD. Then select "command prompt". Where is bootmgr file?

attrib c:\bootmgr
attrib d:\bootmgr
attrib e:\bootmgr

Is it on C,D or E? Assume on E

Code:

attrib -s -h e:\bootmgr
del e:\bootmgr
Now perform a "startup repair"

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/259722-winload-exe-digital-signature-not-verified-boot-manager-loop.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Greetings My Loop(Windows7), Help Please Recovery Windows ! Error computer froze during an update upon restarting the computer I now I have a endless loop error A black screen appears with the following message Windows failed to start A recent hardware Windows Error Recovery Loop(Windows7), Help Please ! or software change might be the cause Windows Error Recovery Loop(Windows7), Help Please ! To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer Choose your language settings and click next Click repair your computer If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance File Windows system config system Status xc c Info Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt The computer is a gateway zx -ub p No windows installation disc was included I had previously made one but am unable to find it also don't have the box packaging anymore I do not care about recovery anything on the computer I just need to get the computer working again for school Windows Memory Diagnostic found no problems Various Safe Modes Last Known Good Configuration Start Windows Normally etc do nothing Was going to try http www microsoft com en-us software-recovery but I don't even know my character product key no warranty from Gateway now and no to take this thing somewhere Is this computer toast If anyone could help me out I would be so grateful

A:Windows Error Recovery Loop(Windows7), Help Please !

Looks like the computer can't find the registry:

Info: Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing, or corrupt."

Several different things could cause this.  Start with these free, bootable hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html
I suspect the hard drive, so be sure to run that test.  Also, run the MemTest86+ as I don't trust the results of the Windows Memory Diagnostic

Does the computer have a Windows sticker affixed to it?  If so, that'll contain the Windows Product Key

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581509/windows-error-recovery-loopwindows7-help-please/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi chaps I have a Tosh Satellite A approx years old with gb of RAM gb of which i installed myself Ran Vista home ultimate Couple months ago ran into some problems it just stopped booting - went so far then BSOD me and restarted couldnt make out what the BS was because is flashed past so quick Anyway I reinstalled Vista via recovery disk but then instead of booting into vista it went on a recovery mode loop where it kept error checking but finding nothing telling me if id made any hardware changes etc to revert back to original equipment or somesuch Ive tried redoing the recovery several times to no avail I installed ubuntu onto the comp which worked for a while but then that messed up and wouldnt boot but Im not familiar with wont vista boot/recovery loop Linux so i gave up trying to fix that pretty quick To me it points to the HDD being the root of my problems But before I ditch it and buy another i was wondering if there was anything else i could try at all if i havent provided enough to work with i apologise for i am a n b Ta very much

A:vista wont boot/recovery loop

How to test your hard drive: http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html
How to test your memory: http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wont-boot-recovery-loop-425328.html
Relevancy 47.73%

It seems that my wife's laptop is stuck in a loop to where no matter the option i choose Windows Error Recovery loops back to giving me lt Launch Startup Repair recommended in a Windows Loop Error Recovery Stuck gt or lt Start Windows Normally gt If i go into Launch Startup Repair it cycles back within seconds to the exact same page If I go into Start Windows Normally it seems to try to load up with the Windows icon showing and Dell showing Stuck in a Windows Error Recovery Loop then cycles back after about minute I've tried booting into Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with Command Prompt to no avail Seems to cycle back in the end to the Windows Error Recovery again It's a Dell Inspiron m with Windows and I have no Windows Recovery Restore Disc I've tried the option of hitting F til Recover Your Computer as well but it Stuck in a Windows Error Recovery Loop also just cycles back to the Recovery screen with no option to hit NEXT and Language settings Any suggestions to what I can do I have no idea what my wife did to her computer Thanks in Advance -Andrew

A:Stuck in a Windows Error Recovery Loop

Use your program CD or boot disc to get to Command Prompt and run chkdsk /p

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-in-a-windows-error-recovery-loop-614274.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I've fixed this problem for other people before and go figure when it happens to me I'm stumped..
just got a new hard drive so before i installed Vista Ultimate x64 i loaded fail safe defaults in BIOS and made sure to boot from CD before HDD...
I put in the Vista OEM installation disk, Boot from CD and after finishing verifying DMI pool data it continues to go right on to windows recovery...instead of giving me the option to press any key to boot from DVD...
I'm guessing it's an option in Bios i'm over looking but i can't for the life of me figure this out. Looking forward to input. Thanks in advance

A:Windows error recovery loop..With a twist..

Originally Posted by SkiilisMyWeaopn

I've fixed this problem for other people before and go figure when it happens to me I'm stumped..
just got a new hard drive so before i installed Vista Ultimate x64 i loaded fail safe defaults in BIOS and made sure to boot from CD before HDD...
I put in the Vista OEM installation disk, Boot from CD and after finishing verifying DMI pool data it continues to go right on to windows recovery...instead of giving me the option to press any key to boot from DVD...
I'm guessing it's an option in Bios i'm over looking but i can't for the life of me figure this out. Looking forward to input. Thanks in advance

-----------------

I have the same problem ..
I get windows error recovery when boot the computer..
What isthe solution?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/243144-windows-error-recovery-loop-twist.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all A couple days ago I rebooted my Dell Inspiron running XP and got a blue screen of death with the msg Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM Okay I tried following the instructions on Microsoft s site didn t work and a few efforts on http www help go com content tutorials -c-windows-system -config-system-missing-corrupt html It appears to me that all my restore point files shown in recovery console using option at that link have bytes making me think system restore wasn t working correctly Anyways then I noticed I had a both c windows and f windows in the Solved: Stuck Console in a in loop Recovery recovery console prompt and Solved: Stuck in a loop in Recovery Console only logging into f asked for the admin password So I log into the F drive this time and the Microsoft solution is working until I get to the last chunk of commands quot md tmp copy c windows system config system c windows tmp system bak copy c windows system config software c windows tmp software bak copy c windows system config sam c windows tmp sam bak copy c windows system config security c windows tmp security bak copy c windows system config default c windows tmp default bak delete c windows system config system delete c windows system config software delete c windows system config sam delete c windows system config security delete c windows system config default copy c windows repair system c windows system config system copy c windows repair software c windows system config software copy c windows repair sam c windows system config sam copy c windows repair security c windows system config security copy c windows repair default c windows system config default quot When I got to the last chunk there the second quot copy quot parts I get quot The system cannot find the file path specified quot Of course in the above I subbed F for C Not sure why I have windows drives either Please help nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

This is my first post here so please excuse me if I omit anything necessary I am running an Acer G with Solved: Vista Recovery Loop Infinite Windows Vista Premium and every time I start it up I get the Solved: Infinite Vista Recovery Loop screen that says quot Windows failed to start A recent software or hardware change might be the cause quot and then the two options to either run recovery or start Windows normally When I run recovery Solved: Infinite Vista Recovery Loop it gets to a bluey green screen similar to the Vista accounts screen but in a lower resolution than I have the computer normally Then the computer restarts and goes back to the Windows failure screen Upon choosing Start Windows normally the computer goes through the same process to the bluey green screen and restarts again I ve disabled the automatic restart option but it continues anyway The annoying bit is that when I try to go into Safe Mode it takes me to the screen where the files usually load but before any of them do I get the Vista loading bar and back to the bluey screen I have not installed any different software or hardware for a long while apart from some Vista automatic updates which were configuring when I went to sleep last night Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Writing this from my laptop loop; disk? recovery Splash screen Sys our old Dell Dimension pc XP HE suffered some sort of glitch during a recent power outage surge and now loops to the welcome quot splash quot screen then to quot We apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not start successfully quot with options for Safe Mode Last Know Configuration etc --None of those Splash screen loop; Sys recovery disk? options work So I presume that one and only way to get past this is to insert an XP recovery disk Problem I didn t have such a disk but my neighbor has such a disk Splash screen loop; Sys recovery disk? from their Emachine I presume no problem if I use this on my Dell However it also says quot WARNING the recovery process erases all data and files from the hard drive quot Questions for you Is there an alternative method or disk that will boot up my machine without erasing all data Is there some download out there that I can access and burn such a bootable disk using my laptop Thanks nbsp

A:Splash screen loop; Sys recovery disk?

Here is a support page for this family of Diension 4400 towers

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4400/solve.htm#1077849

Look through the various categories where you will find good info about System Restore, Recovery, etc

Dells of this age usually came with a blue or burgundy or green Dell Windows XP Home Edition Installation CD and it might be also including SP 2, SP 1a, etc.

There is a slight chance the separate Recovery Partition is still intact and you may be able to do a System Recovery from it, however that is the type that does wipe out all data and rebuild to factory condition, and if you do that there goes your files.

Booting from the XP Reinstallation CD will not help except that you could run the chkdisk utility....from the Windows XP Recovery Console which you can access from the CD.....

Caution>>> if you choose to reinstall XP from the XP CD you will lose all your data!!!

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4400/solve.htm#1136934

there is a good section specifically on power problems which you can see if you simply scroll down the page at link above
****An XP Repair install might be able to fix your problem, read about it here, but you absolutely must follow what is says to do, and not install a new copy of Windows, just try a Repair of the existing XP

You might be able to rescue data from that hard drive and that should be your FIRST priority, not fixing anything, if there is irreplaceable data you need to recover and move to safer media.

There is a chance the hard drive has been affected by the power surge

Or, the problem is simply a boot file issue, this is not known yet....

Another thing you can try to do is boot up from a Dell Resource CD with the diagnostics program which can test the hardware...perhaps you recall having a set of CD's if you got this Dell new?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/splash-screen-loop-sys-recovery-disk.1015156/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have windows 8 64 bit and the recovery tools won't work when I get error code 0xc0000225 if I leave it for a couple of hours it sometimes works again. can you tell me if this is a hardware problem or a software problem. the error ocurred after a resart.

A:windows8 recovery tools in a constant loop

Hi and welcome to TSF please see this Windows 8 installation, 0xc0000225 | Windows 8 Installation

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows8-recovery-tools-in-a-constant-loop-683431.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Good morning people I do have an issue with my Satellite I am currently not home and do issue on Recovery C Satellite Loop series not know the exact version i have but its a C-Series Laptop I watched NFL on Sunday as usual shut down the Laptop went to bed Monday morning i started the Laptop and it was already Recovery Loop issue on Satellite C series taking ages I could then log in and saw my wallpaper the battery status on the bottom right and the windows logo Start in the left bottom corner Every now and then other logos would show up but disappear shortly after After a few minutes i got the Windows Blue screen saying there was an issue and data is being collected Reboot Toshiba Logo and its saying quot data beeing analyzed quot - quot repair being prepared quot - quot repair started may take up to two hours quot Recovery Loop issue on Satellite C series - blackscreen reboot quot data being analyzed quot and so on Now i had my laptop running for a solid hours and it kept going through this loop It will not start from a CD it will not let me get to BIOS I have taken out the RAM one after another same issue What other steps could i take to save my data or the laptop Thanks all O

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?94988-Recovery-Loop-issue-on-Satellite-C-series
Relevancy 47.73%

Not sure how to escape this infinite loop. It started with me copying the OEM recovery partition from my Ideacentre b540 to an external hard drive to free space on my desktop hard drive. I tested the recovery program and it couldn't locate the recovery drive.

I went ahead and copied the recovery partition back to the desktop hard drive to restore to essentially default settings. I tried the recovery program again but this time got stuck in an infinite loop where I'm told windows can't run the script X:\onekey\main\lrscall.vbs.

I'm thinking when I copied the recovery partition back to the desktop it was formatted with drive letter H instead of X so the path is messed up. I know my windows 8 partition is fine. meaning niot corrupt, but cannot boot to it anymore, the computer keeps trying to boot to recovery

Can someone please help me get out of this loop?

A:Lenovo Ideacentre recovery loop Hell

This is a tutorial by Lenovo using the Windows 8 USB Drive Recovery app.

Methodology to create Recovery Media and reload a Lenovo Think system with Microsoft Windows 8 preload

Originally Posted by Lenovo

NOTE: From this point forward in the recovery process, the choices for actual operating system recovery depend on the existing state of the computer hard drive.

Below are the instructions if there is an existing Microsoft Windows 8 install on the hard drive.
1.Select the target operating system of Microsoft Windows 8 to reload over existing Lenovo preload.
2.Select "Yes" to repartition the drives or "No" to keep existing partitions. For a clean install, the drives should be repartitioned.
3.Select "Fully Clean the drive".
4.Click Reset to begin the process.
5.The reset/recovery process takes approximately 90 minutes.
6.Once the reset/recovery is complete, the system will reboot into Microsoft Windows 8.

Below are the instructions if the hard drive is blank.
1.Select "Yes" to repartition the HDD or "No" to keep the existing partitions.
2.Click either choice, but these instructions follow the repartition scenario.
3.Select "Fully Clean the drive" as this will take several minutes to complete.
4.Click Reset to begin the process.
5.The reset/recovery process takes approximately 90 minutes.
6.Once the reset/recovery is complete, the system will reboot into Microsoft Windows 8.

From the manual for Lenovo G480.

Originally Posted by Lenovo

When the hard disk drive or solid state drive is replaced because of a failure, no
product recovery program is on the new drive. In this case, you must use the
Recovery Disc Set for the computer. Order the Recovery Disc Set and the drive at
the same time so that you can recover the new drive with the pre-installed
software when they arrive.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/20137-lenovo-ideacentre-recovery-loop-hell.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Help Guys, i did a startup repair infinite loop recovery, because my desktop hard disk wont boot normally

so after the successfully of the repair, all my files in partition drive "D" is also back on the earlier files.
how to get back to the previous windows registry.

please help,
thanks in advance

A:Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

Everything possible is here for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start.

Why did you start with Infinite Loop Recovery? Did you perform it exactly according to Step 11?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369231-startup-repair-infinite-loop-recovery.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am working on a computer for a friend of mine THey took it to a quot computer repair loop recovery system stuck in E-machine quot place and the repairman and i use the word loosely messed up her xp installation and then told her that the motherboard went out E-machine stuck in system recovery loop on the computer I work on computers as a second job and i started it up and noticed that when it came up it was missing a psi file I went to reinstall it but instead of repairing it with an xp E-machine stuck in system recovery loop disk i tried to do system recovery option that came with teh Emachine Well now instead of trying to boot from hard drive ro even cd drive it goes straight to teh system recovery and will go through it and will restart but will go back to system recovery What teh heck as been done to this computer I can slave it to get her pics off UNLESS THEY WERE destroyed by the repairman and then wipe it and reinstall but is there another way nbsp

A:E-machine stuck in system recovery loop

Dont know if you want to consider using this which is free for download http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html I would think that, to save any headaches, it would be best to wipe and reinstall,depends on which way you want to go ...Ive been through the recovery loop and its very frustrating ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/e-machine-stuck-in-system-recovery-loop.784787/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am having some problems with my PC I was having some virus spyware problems so I restarted and tried to open an My PC loop in recovery stuck emachines system in safe mode to clean them up It wouldn t My PC stuck in an emachines system recovery loop let me get into safe mode it would start loading and then restart While I was trying to get into safe mode I somehow got into a loop It won t boot windows any of the safe modes last known good nothing It just restarts after everything To try to fix this I hit F and tried to run the emachines system recovery disc It gives options full system restore destructive and full system restore with backup I ran the with back-up option and restarted Now every time the pc starts-up it goes back to the emachines system recovery and gives me the options My PC stuck in an emachines system recovery loop again I have tried this several times I even removed the slave hard drive I had been keeping my music files on I just keep doing the same thing I have been thinking about doing the other destructive option but I m not sure it will do any better and I will loose my files too My PC is an emachines T Any help is greatly appreciated

A:My PC stuck in an emachines system recovery loop

Nice summary of the situation, well done .Is this your system, http://www.emachines.com/support/product_s...ps&subcat=T Series&model=T5216 ?Drivers at http://www.emachines.com/support/drivers.html.The loop for the recovery option...is difficult for me. I've looked at similar instances where an XP repair install produced a loop, but no clear resolution of the situation. Although I say "similar", these are really not similar, since those involve a MS Genuine XP CD and not recovery/restore disks.I have to do some more research, hang on. Hopefully, someone with more of a clue will see this and post their thoughts.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/282533/my-pc-stuck-in-an-emachines-system-recovery-loop/
Relevancy 47.73%

I was in the middle of reinstalling Windows and the power went out The computer Dell Inspirion is caught in a continous loop I have options to choose from when recovery in Won't loop caught Windows 7 boot I poweri up the computer Windows Windows ROllBack and another Windows Regardless of what option I choose I tried all it goes to a second screen where I have options Launch Start up repair Windows 7 Won't boot caught in recovery loop or start windows normally Regardless of which of those options I choose it goes back to the first choices Windows Windows Roll setup rollback or Windows I can t make any progress I have tried booting from safe mode F and it still will not boot It blinks safe mode for a few seconds then reboots and goes through the same continous loop I am trying to boot from the CD I am using an external CD drive as the internal drive does not work properly The boot sequence it set to the CD drive first I have tried everything I can think of and I have been searching the internet for days and I cannot figure out how to get this system back up I do not care if I lose everything on the drive MI have all the discs from Dell Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows 7 Won't boot caught in recovery loop

1) See if there is an option in bios to recognize USB at boot. If so, enable it.
2) The simple answer is to replace the internal cd drive. You're going to have to do it at some point and it's not an expensive proposition.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434255/windows-7-wont-boot-caught-in-recovery-loop/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

I have an issue with Windows Vista 32x on my Asus laptop. Whenever i turn on the pc, i am taken to a windows error recovery page and am given two options - both of which take me back to this error recovery page.

Vista was pre installed on my pc, so i dont have a Vista DVD to boot from so i can use windows repair.

My other problem is that i am currently travelling in Europe, and i need to know if i can use a Vista DVD in say French, to perform Windows repair.

Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Windows Error Recovery Page Loop

Have you tried going through safe mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163911/windows-error-recovery-page-loop/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello and thanks in advance for any assistance I have searched the forums and found similar issues but eventually the path those posts lead me to don t fit my situation My Gateway PC has XP installed I have had AVG on it for about months It does a daily scan and I had not run Adaware or Spybot for quite some time Yesterday I ran Adaware and it found many many problems and recovery repair from Reboot loop, CD having doing difficulty cleaned them As Reboot loop, having difficulty doing repair from recovery CD it was running I opened Spybot with the intention of starting it when Adaware was finished and it wanted to check for updates so I let it do that while Adaware was running When I Reboot loop, having difficulty doing repair from recovery CD went to bed I didn t realize that Spybot had also begun searching for problems In other words for a time the two programs were both searching When I woke up I saw that Adaware had finished and I had it go ahead and clean off the offending stuff Spybot soon finished searching for problems and it too found quite a few I told it to take those off and as it was doing so I suddenly started getting messages about it not being able to remove this or that due to missing files I assumed that the issue was that since both programs were finding malware simultaneously that Adware had removed the things Spybot also found and that s why Spybot couldn t find them to get rid of them Eventually Spybot seemed to have quit responding and so I decided to restart in safe mode and just run both programs one after the other in Safe I looked up a couple of things online and the computer seemed to be running just fine at that point When I went to boot in Safe Mode it would run through a number of tests as is typical of safe mode At one point one of the things it says is that there is no FAT or FAT something-or-other found Eventually it allows me to choose a user in Windows I do and then it says it is loading Then just as it is starting to show me the main screen for my safemode desktop I get a quot logging off quot sound and it says that Windows is saving my settings and off it goes and then it tries to come back on again Again it lets me choose a user again it loads and then shuts down And this loop continues I attempted to start it in normal mode and have the exact same issue I choose quot Main User quot it loads it shows me my wallpaper for one or two seconds acts like it s ready to go and then I hear the log-off Windows sounds and it tells me that it is saving my settings and the loop happens again I put in my Gateway red disk quot Drivers quot recovery CD and if I tell it to boot from that drive it does pull info off the disk The first screen wants me to either do a complete reformat Automated Installation of Windows XP Advanced User Options restart Windows I have told it I want to do the next screen has me choose Normal installation of Windows SP or Installation of Windows with special HDD controller drivers It says only select if your computer requires a special HDD controller driver I don t know that it does or doesn t but we haven t souped this machine up at with anything So I tell it and on the next screen I get quot Your computer s file system appears to be protected by an NTFS format If you still want to use this option you must go back to the main menu and select option quot Right now when I attempt to view shared desktop files with the laptop I m on it says I don t have permission to use that network source and that the network path was not found It does act like it knows the names of shared files the desktop should be sharing but I don t know if that is because that information is part of a cache within my laptop or if my laptop can at least see that the files are there but can t touch them I have backed up most everything from that computer to an external hard drive intermitantly a full backup as of - months ago but know that a handful of things are more recent and I d like to preserve any data I ... Read more

Relevancy 47.73%

This morning my dad was using his Packard Bell laptop not even months old with barely anything on it but Microsoft Office Whilst checking his emails Windows Update automatically decided to restart to apply the latest updates and since then it starts up in the 8.1 after Recovery in Update Windows Loop Stuck Windows troubleshooting menu where the recovery and full system restore options are each tool requiring a password that when entered it gives me a message saying that the password is incorrect I tried different passwords about - times each checked cap-locks and keyboard language etc When I bought it and set everything up on the first time boot I entered a password which I Windows 8.1 Stuck in Recovery Loop after Update remember every single letter of once the laptop was all set up I removed the password right away Windows 8.1 Stuck in Recovery Loop after Update since I didn t need it so in theory the laptop doesn t even have a password yet it still says it s incorrect there s also a Forgot Password option that requires the laptop to restart for the password recovery menu but once the laptop restarts it once again shows a little message saying that there s been an error with a big quot quot face at the top then it restarts again and initiates the troubleshooting menu I d prefer not to have to go on a minutes drive to the store where I bought it just to have it taken by a technician for weeks just so they can tell me at the end of it that they can t do nothing with it There s not really anything worth saving on the HDD so a full restore is is fine but I d like to know what causes this for future reference Thanks in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-1-stuck-in-recovery-loop-after-update.201647/
Relevancy 47.73%

Greetings st not sure if I have posted in the right section moderator please feel free to move My computer froze during an update upon restarting the computer I now I have a endless loop error A black screen appears with the following message quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer Choose your language settings and click next Click quot repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance File Windows system config system Status xc c Info Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt quot The computer is a gateway zx -ub p No windows installation disc was included I had previously made one but am unable to find it also don't have the box packaging anymore I do not care about recovery anything on the computer I just need to get Loop System Re: Error 7 Recovery Windows the computer working again for school Windows Memory Diagnostic found no problems Various Safe Modes Last Known Good Configuration Start Windows Normally etc do nothing Was going to try Microsoft Software Recovery but I don't even know my character product key no warranty from Gateway now and no to take this thing somewhere Is this computer toast

A:Re: Windows 7 System Recovery Loop Error

You can borrow my boot media , see if you can replace the hives from \windows\system32\config\regback.

Copy them to \windows\system32\config

A23x86.iso

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/374362-re-windows-7-system-recovery-loop-error.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I now hope I am in the right spot to get some help. I am new at this stuff and I couldn't figure out how and where to post my problem.

Now I implemented the tutorial about my problem and it worked just great except that whenever I start or restart, the problem is still there and I have to use the tutorial again to use my PC. I am now thinking of leaving it on 24/7.

Is this all because of some lousy updates from Microsoft as some others are saying. Do I continue to update. I need some help in this matter. Anyone have some suggestions other than reloading again because I did that and the problem came back.

Ciao, Jim

A:Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

try following the steps in the following link and see if that helps ya out:

Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/322044-startup-repair-infinite-loop-recovery.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello everyone To be honest I don't know anything about computers Now that we have that out of the way Recently and unexpectedly my computer stopped booting It would reach the quot Windows is starting quot screen go black show my mouse and then load up System Recovery I let SR run all night and the following day while I was at work but by the time I got back it was still running and nothing had happened I ended up borrowing and Black loop system recovery screen a restore disk Black screen and system recovery loop and tried all the options Black screen and system recovery loop available but I was told there were no restore points and no image could be found I even went into the HP restore settings which had backup check drives and restore factory settings Well backup had been disabled and the check drives option let me into a sub menu but I couldn't really check anything Then I tried to restore to factory settings after that started up I had an error I can't remember that had something to do with visual c Since I went through every option possible it seemed I thought getting a copy of Windows to reinstall would somehow be the cure My laptop came with the OS pre-loaded and without the install DVD I went out and bought a copy of Win Loaded it up and got to the part where I select a partition to install to and I get this error quot Windows could not format a partition on disk The error occured while preparing the partition selected for installation Error code x quot Not really sure what to do at this point

A:Black screen and system recovery loop

Went out and bought a new hard drive. Currently running the install and it appears to work just fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/169253-black-screen-system-recovery-loop.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, I'm at a loss and afraid I've lost all my files.   Every time I restarted my computer I kept getting the Windows Boot Manager error message: Status: 0xc000000f Info: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data. However, after googling and trying numerous methods to repair this, I now keep getting prompted with the Windows Recovery Manager.  I assumed that choosing the default factory restore option would prompt me with a back up option, but it didn't and proceeded to reformat.  I quickly shut my computer down. I don't know what to do next because now all I get is the Windows Recovery Manager option. Any help would be much appreciated!

A:Windows Boot Manager Error / Windows Recovery Manager Issue

If this string of events actually did start to reformat the drive, it might still be recoverable.  I would boot the computer to an independent OS IE: Linux Live on a CD or DVD and then look at the drive.  Then use that to copy your data to another drive.  Once the data is saved, then do whatever you want with this corrupted drive.  Do not try to continue with any other operations until the data is saved elsewhere.Since this PC came with Vista, once the data is saved, you could try the HP REcovery Manager to restore the original OS. Or just start over this a new install of windows 7

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-Boot-Manager-Error-Windows-Recovery-Manager-Issue/td-p/5603963
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

Specs:
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X Evo.  Bio: 1708
CPU: AMD fx 6100 Six-Core
Memory: 12272 MB DDR3 1439 MHz

My name is Ness. My computer received an unexpected shutdown. When I tried to boot it up it when into an auto repair loop. System restores did not help.  So I tried to load my Boot Manager, however it instantly crashes.  I assume there is something wrong with Booting Files. I was hoping to repair the Master Boot Record with Windows Preinstallation Environment. I tried using WinPE from a boot-able usb, however the program doesn't fully initialize and it hangs on "wipeinit" in the command prompt.I do have the Windows 7 Disc at the moment. I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594143/windows-auto-repair-loop-crashes-when-trying-to-load-boot-manager/
Relevancy 47.3%
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello Toshiba System Satellite Recovery Loop Boot I am a new user and found this website to ask for help Here is my problem My brother's Toshiba Satellite A caught a Toshiba Satellite System Recovery Boot Loop virus He uses Windows XP SP The system starts up fine but when I get to the desktop it loads horribly slow due to the virus CPU usage remains at So I turn it off and back on while pressing F I have the option of booting from cd hdd fdd and I forgot the other one I do have a recovery disk I put in So I Toshiba Satellite System Recovery Boot Loop highlight the cd option so it boots from the CD It begins saying quot Loading RAMDISK image quot then loads another thing then just starts back up as normal into the desktop once Toshiba Satellite System Recovery Boot Loop again Second try I go into BIOS and change it so it boots only from the CD when it starts up And again I get quot Loading Ramdisk image quot and the other thing that loads I forgot what it said when it's both done loading it starts back up all over with quot loading ramdisk image quot It just endlessly loops Getting no where I also tried going into safe mode for a system restore to a certain point Mind you the system restore window took about hour to pop up The laptop is I that I slow I left it for about hours to do its system restore to a previous date and it didn't fix anything at all Another try I waited for the whole system to load I put in the CD and waited for the Toshiba System Recovery to pop Took about another hour for it to pop up With patience it popped up and I pressed quot Preform a system recovery quot It leads me to another window asking me to confirm if it is alright that everything will be deleted I press CONFIRM It shuts down and goes back to quot Loading ramdisk image quot and loops all over again I am stuck I don't know what to do anymore I have used this CD in the past to do a system recovery and it worked flawlessly But now it just doesn't want to work anymore I have tried pressing every F button I tried pressing quot quot on power up and tapping once toshiba logo appeared I tried pressing quot C quot none of them did anything for me if this helps the CD says TOSHIBA Recovery and Applications Drivers DVD Satellite A A Series

A:Toshiba Satellite System Recovery Boot Loop

Hi troubled.user,

Try going to safe mode again and see if you are able to get internet access while in safe mode. Assuming you do, try downloading two programs called "HitmanPRO" and "Malwarebytes". Install them both and then first run HitmanPRO then Malwarebytes. Let both programs run and detect any viruses/spywares on your computer and delete them. Hopefully this helps you out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/toshiba-satellite-system-recovery-boot-loop-561280.html
Relevancy 47.3%

STATS Mhz Console. Infinite Recovery access Cannot Loop. Reboot MB Ram HP Pavilion dv XP Pro Single Boot PROBLEM My computer crashed during use My wife says Firefox was the only thing she was using quot She did nothing abnormal quot It simply crashed and rebooted Since then the computer Infinite Reboot Loop. Cannot access Recovery Console. is stuck in a never ending reboot loop BOOT OPTIONS Start Windows Normally The splash screen is shown for a second the computer blue screens for half a second and then the system reboots I recorded the blue screen flash and got a screen shot The technical info I get is as follows hard to read but here's the gist STOP x g sptd sys - Address F D base at F blah Last Known Good Config Same issue Safe Mode all three Hangs on sptd sys for a bit and blue screens Give me an option to ESC but that does nothing Still reboots I believe sptd sys has something to do with a program I use called daemon tools I have had it a year though Infinite Reboot Loop. Cannot access Recovery Console. Not sure why there is a problem now SOLUTION ATTEMPTS OS CD It attempts to boot but then crashes during loading Tech info STOP x F x D x x x Another OS CD Same deal Slightly different address Recovery Disk I made on purchase of PC Blue screen again except I get a PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Many DOS boot disks Useless because I forgot you can't see NTFS in Dos sighs MEMTest ISO Well I let the thing scan and it generated MILLIONS of errors during the RAM test There is a good chance the RAM has gone bad I am trying to get ahold of my warrenty people but you know how that works Ubuntu Linux Live CD's I have laying around I thought maybe I could mount the drive and rename the file but no The abd bit versions won't boot anymore CRC Error Agh XP Boot disks I made I even put CMDCONS necessary for recovery console but it didn't work I will try this again later Hiren's BootCD Haven't tried it yet Going to tomorrow THE BEG AND PLEA Does anyone know how in tarnations I can get to recovery console For the love of pete nothing seems to work I want to rename that sys file that I believe is causing issue I don't care how I can access it I just need to get on this system ASAP During my recent move I am using my computer on boxes right now not a desk I neglected to continue my backups It's been a bit and I really need to get my info I can't even pay my bills lol Thanks for anything and everything friends Esteban Francisco bakura hotmail com

A:Infinite Reboot Loop. Cannot access Recovery Console.

I suspect you won't get a proper boot because of the memory you will probably need to replace it before you can go any further, once you do though here is a tut to remove daemon tools and get you back on track as this does happen quite frequently with that program when leaving images mounted and restarting.

(Link removed by Admin)

But replace the bad memory or you'll never know.
This can cause file corruption.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/infinite-reboot-loop-cannot-access-recovery-console-122959.html
Relevancy 47.3%

while running system restore, power went out, now stuck in the loop, while stuck in the loop the powe went off again--restarted PC nothing, but a black screen

A:dell XPS 410 vista stuck in restore/recovery loop

You might be able to re-start the system restore process by launching safe mode.Just after the BIOS screen appears, press F8 repeatedly until the "Advanced boot options" menu appears.From there select "Safe Mode". If the computer successfully boots into safe mode, you should recieve a dialogue stating "windows is running in safe mode, do you wish to proceed or run system restore".Run the system restore and see if it managed to complete it this time (assuming that it will let you get this far).message edited by thomasad

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/dell-xps-410-vista-stuck-in-restorerecovery-loop/13722.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Here s a fun one for you I recently picked up a google redirect on my netbook while trying to get to rkill or an eset online scan I decided to reboot the machine into safe mode with networking to see if it would make the downloading and searhing process more efficient I was using both internet explorer and google chrome in from Startup boot can repair files loop, recovery not my attmpts to repair the system with no luck hence the Startup repair loop, can not boot from recovery files move to safe mode However on reboot the system went into system recovery mode Once in revoery mode I tried the traditional Startup repair loop, can not boot from recovery files startup repair however it finally came back saying that kdcom dll was corrupted and could not be repaired after some google searching from another computer I came to the following sites http www geekstogo com forum topic -kdcomdll-is-corrupted-cant-access-normal-or-safe-mode http forums techguy org windows- -kdcom-dll-windows- -corrupt html http www sevenforums com tutorials -startup-repair-infinite-loop-recovery html Following the directions on those sites I ve still had no luck being able to boot into safe mode or anything else In the case of copying kdcom dll I used a copy from my working machine to copy over keeping a copy of the original in the open directory of the troubled computer Furthermore I attempted to us one of my Windows upgrade disks however I could not manage to boot from those either to get to a recovery console The computer itself has a recovery partition but I m unable to reach that as well I m out of ideas on what I can do to get this machine working Thanks for the assistance

A:Startup repair loop, can not boot from recovery files

Hello RKollas I will be helping with your computer problems.From this point on, it is very important that you refrain from doing anything else to your computer other than what I have requested of you.I do not mind if you browse the web, do basic tasks, or even test to see if the problem(s) you are experiencing are still occurring with the computer while we are working together, but do not run any tools/fixes unless I or another helper from this thread has asked you to do so.Remember that you came here for help, so allow us to help you If something does not run, make a detailed note of what problems you encountered along the way (exact error messages are preferred), but continue onto the next steps until you reach the end of my post.Always do the steps they are listed in (left to right, top to bottom).I prefer that you complete all the steps while you are in Normal Mode. However, I understand that sometimes this is not possible. If you are unsuccessful in getting a tool/fix to run from Normal Mode, but Safe Mode works, then use Safe Mode.If you have a question about something, do not hesitate to ask.Let's begin: Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options.To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer. As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears. Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item. Choose your language settings, and then click Next. Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next. Select your user account and click Next.To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc. Restart your computer. If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings. Click Repair your computer. Choose your language settings, and then click Next. Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next. Select your user account an click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand PromptSelect Command Prompt In the command window type in notepad and press Enter. The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open. Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad. In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive. The tool will start to run. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer. Press Scan button. It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please attach or post this log to your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471397/startup-repair-loop-can-not-boot-from-recovery-files/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello my asus rog laptop model number g vw has recently had a poor shutdown due to reasons video games crashing as a result I have a dirty drive Drive/Endless loop recovery Solved: Dirty c I ve let the system churn through the quot Repairing disk errors This might take over an hour to complete quot and the quot Scanning Solved: Dirty Drive/Endless recovery loop and repairing drive C complete for at least hours each Neither of these options seem to yield any success Recently I ve discovered that drive C is dirty with some help from a friend I can not get chkdsk to run without forcing a dismount of the drive prior to scanning and repairing and that makes me scared I seem to have all my files intact I can get to command prompt via holding f upon boot but not much else Safe mode has been Solved: Dirty Drive/Endless recovery loop inaccessable thus far I believe that if I Can get the dirty drive cleaned somehow I will be able to move forwards Unfortunately I do not have anything else I can plug this drive into as it is my only sata capable machine in the house at the moment I am rather strapped for cash so I would very Solved: Dirty Drive/Endless recovery loop much prefer to avoid spending money on parts if I can avoid it I have USB drives laying about but I may not have access to burnable media such as DVDs or CDs I have some startup things disabled through MSConfig in an effort to quell bloatware but I Do not recall disabling anything I could not google as safe to remove and nothing published by microsoft intel asus or nvidia Any advice would be vastly appreciated All I know for certain right now is that drive C is dirty I have not messed with partitions since buying the PC though it has seen a reformat or two before Anytime I power up the machine it states one of the two messages about quot Scanning and repairing drive C this may take over an hour to complete quot and quot Repairing drive C complete quot The zero stays a zero and never progresses to or higher If I can provide any more information I will be happy to comply and doing my best not to hold f while waiting for replies nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

STATS Mhz Can't Loop. Console. Access Reboot Recovery Infinite MB RamHP Pavilion dv XP Pro Single Boot PROBLEMMy computer crashed during use My wife says Firefox was the only thing she was using quot She did nothing abnormal quot It simply crashed and rebooted Since then the computer is stuck in a never ending reboot loop BOOT OPTIONS Start Windows Normally The Infinite Reboot Loop. Can't Access Recovery Console. splash screen is shown for a second the computer blue screens for half a second and then the system reboots I recorded the blue screen flash and got a screen shot The Infinite Reboot Loop. Can't Access Recovery Console. technical info I get is as follows hard to read but here s the gist STOP x Infinite Reboot Loop. Can't Access Recovery Console. g sptd sys - Address F D base at F blah Last Known Good Config Same issue Safe Mode all three Hangs on sptd sys for a bit and blue screens Give me an option to ESC but that does nothing Still reboots I believe sptd sys has something to do with a program I use called daemon tools I have had it a year though Not sure why there is a problem now SOLUTION ATTEMPTS OS CD It attempts to boot but then crashes during loading Tech info STOP x F x D x x x Another OS CD Same deal Slightly different address Recovery Disk I made on purchase of PC Blue screen again except I get a PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Many DOS boot disks Useless because I forgot you can t see NTFS in Dos sighs MEMTest ISO Well I let the thing scan and it generated MILLIONS of errors during the RAM test There is a good chance the RAM has gone bad I am trying to get ahold of my warrenty people but you know how that works Ubuntu Linux Live CD s I have laying around I thought maybe I could mount the drive and rename the file but no The abd bit versions won t boot anymore CRC Error Agh XP Boot disks I made I even put CMDCONS necessary for recovery console but it didn t work I will try this again later Hiren s BootCD Haven t tried it yet Going to tomorrow THE BEG AND PLEADoes anyone know how in tarnations I can get to recovery console For the love of pete nothing seems to work I want to rename that sys file that I believe is causing issue I don t care how I can access it I just need to get on this system ASAP During my recent move I am using my computer on boxes right now not a desk I neglected to continue my backups It s been a bit and I really need to get my info I can t even pay my bills lol Thanks for anything and everything friends Esteban Franciscobakura XXXXXXXXXXRemoved email to protect member from SpamBots acklan

A:Infinite Reboot Loop. Can't Access Recovery Console.

Hi, i'm new here myself. Can't be of much help to you as i had a similar problem but could only resolve it with a clean install of windows xp home and lost everything on the HDD, there's a similar problem going on here in an earlier thread........http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69411/format-problems/Hope you can get your problem resolved.. Regards Mihangel

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69727/infinite-reboot-loop-cant-access-recovery-console/
Relevancy 47.3%

Recently updated my Asus K VD to windows Had alot of problems so far so when I got another blue screen of death this evening I wasn't really worried Unfortunatly this time I was not able to overcome the problem myself so I am hoping to get some help from this forum First time I am on such a forum so I will begin with describing the problem I had some troubles with WinRar so I uninstalled it meaning to Install it at a later time For the uninstalment to complete I had to restart my PC so I did But when I booted the laptop it went straight into Preparing Automatic Repair with the circle of dots running above menu loop Automatic without recovery/troubleshoot Repair it Then the text dissapears and it leaves an empty screen I have had automatic repair issues before so I was expecting to see Automatic Repair loop without recovery/troubleshoot menu the Windows troubleshoot menu from where you can refresh or reset Windows and have other options too But instead of going there the screen stays empty and after about minutes it sometimes flashes a BSOD screen or it restarts itself Automatic Repair loop without recovery/troubleshoot menu to go to preparing automatic repair again and fall Automatic Repair loop without recovery/troubleshoot menu into the same loop The frustrating thing is that I do not have any control or options it just keeps looping If I can get into the troubleshoot menu I can reset windows as I have done before but I simply do not have those options Some basic information about my PC from the top of my head Asus K VD SX V Windows Pro without disc bit GB RAM NVidia GeForce gt M GB RAM If any other information is requierd I'll try to find Thanks in advance Leonard

A:Automatic Repair loop without recovery/troubleshoot menu

Start with these free, bootable diagnostics: Initial Hardware Diagnostics

If you have a System Repair Disc, try this: How to create a Windows 8 system repair disc -
If you don't have a System Repair Disc, see if someone you know (who has 64 bit Win8) can make you one on a CD.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/22818-automatic-repair-loop-without-recovery-troubleshoot-menu.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I did a restore point a week back from when my laptop was acting up since then Ive been getting the bsod then switches to the windows error recovery screen in a loop now I cant launch startup repair it loops back to the error recovery screen and start windows normally will load but then loops back to the error recovery screen I can go into f but it doesnt matter what I and recovery screen bosd error windows loop choose none of the options will work bosd and windows error recovery screen loop I went into f and go into bios setup and i ran a system configuration and every thing is running fine I also can change the boot sequence I burned a copy of windows from my desktop because im unsure how to do it from my laptop I didnt get a cd for my laptop when I bought it and since I cant get to my desktop I can even look for it to reinstall I have files I need to get off my laptop before I install windows and I wasnt sure how to recover my files in case they get deleted before I reinstall windows im a mess pleas help thank you

A:bosd and windows error recovery screen loop

Welcome .
Step #1 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303515-bosd-windows-error-recovery-screen-loop.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hello everybody, it's my 1st post and i'm glad i find this forum.
I have windows 8 for couple of month , it's all work fine till today.
my computer crash, and it's getting to the automatic repair everytime , it's really suck they windows 8 don't have
the F8 thing.
anyway i have windows 8 installtion USB ( plus i check it that it working on another laptop) and when i plug it into the computer it's loading the windows 8 logo, and after 15 secs of loading it's just show black screen (im sure 100% that it's boot from the USB since i choose it from the bios ) .
I tried this USB on my other laptop and it's work perfeclly fine...
please is there anything i can do ?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/23286-windows-8-automatic-repair-loop-recovery-not-loading.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello. I bought a new laptop recently, the  HP ENVY 15-ae121nd - Laptop. I tried to install crucial DDR3L memory in it, changing the standard 1x8gb memory in the laptop with 2x8gb Crucial DDR3L 1600mhz RAM. I checked at the crucial site and thes ram should be compatible. However, when I switch the ram it goes into a bios recovery boot loop. When I put back the standard ram delivered with the laptop it boots up again. What do I need to do here? a bios update? I want to be able to utilise 16gb of ram so I can run some more virtual machines... Can someone point me in the right direction. The live agent at crucial personally checked if the ram is compatible and it is. the numbercode on my crucial ram : CT102464BF160B.C16FER HELP!    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Bios-boot-recovery-loop-after-adding-changing-RAM/td-p/5765418
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all let me start by apoligizing if I am posting a repeat thread or if I am in the wrong place because i am new to this forum and I Loop! Can I backup Stuck my Recovery Startup on files? am Stuck on Startup Recovery Loop! Can I backup my files? usually a quot reader quot not a quot poster quot I have a pc that is setup with a gb SSD for Windows and a TB RAID for the rest of the stuff Last night I decided to partition some of the RAID to install Windows Consumer Preview and see what the fuss was about I partitioned it just fine and everything was going smoothly until I decided to use the windows tool to make my pendrive bootable with the Win ISO In the middle of the process I was doing something else unistalling firefox to be more exact and suddenly a blue screen comes up Now my PC is stuck on the famous startup recovery loop and I cant find a way to make it boot I tired - Manual CHKDSK - That tutorial on this forum where you mess around with the prompt wnidow - restarting billion times - booting up from the windows DVD and trying to repair the hard drive And as you can imagine nothing happened and I am still stuck with my har drive being unbootable Now I cant help thinking that this was due to my pen drive being in the middle of that process in some way but I have since removed it burned it and buried in a forest and still my problem persists Since I havent found another solution online I think now that the only way for me to get my PC back running is by reformatting my SSD while hopefully keeping all my RAID files intact and reinstalling windows BBUUUTT I have s of hours worth of Skyrim in that drive and if I loose that I will seriously freak out While I dont play it a lot anymore when the expansions come Dovahkin will rise again So what I want to ask is Is there something else that I could try in order to boot up my pc or Can I copy my files from my messed up SSD to somewhere else before formatting it and starting a new life Thanks everyone Appreciate the help

A:Stuck on Startup Recovery Loop! Can I backup my files?

Welcome
Is this of any help. Its a great tutorial with suggestions that should be of interest
Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/217110-stuck-startup-recovery-loop-can-i-backup-my-files.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all Recently was running a backup not Automatic repair Recovery working loop; options program and suddenly I get the Windows blue error screen the one with the mocking '' icon and system dies I turn on and it seems to booting very slowly then it proceeds to do the pre login screen installation of updates After half an hour or so and with updates on around system dies again Now Automatic repair loop; Recovery options not working when I turn the machine on it appears to alternate between either hanging for Automatic repair loop; Recovery options not working ever on the Win loading screen or attempting to run an 'Automatic Repair' which invariably results in a blank screen and no fix Having read several 'Automatic Repair loop' posts on the net it appears I need to load the recovery disc and run repair or restore programs from there Of course the CD I made failed crappy disc so I had to search my original licence email and use the provided link to download and create a new installation disc from a working machine This disc loads and gives me the option to install Win presumably a fresh install with loss of files or a troubleshoot menu Running the automatic repair option Automatic repair loop; Recovery options not working results in a rather inane 'Couldn't do it' message and gives a blank path to a log file The system restore option prompts me to 'Restart and select operating system before trying this' and i'm not sure how to do this as no such option is given at boot If it helps this blog post details what appears to be almost identical symtoms to the ones my system is experiencing http www selarom net blog windows- -woes Looks like he she had no luck solving this though Any help greatly appreciated

A:Automatic repair loop; Recovery options not working

My system gets this all the time, and you are not going to like what I tell you to try:

First, the Repair may not be finalizing, because it cannot fix the problem, which is usually Read Element Failure on your system drive. To Check for that and repair, it, download Hiren's Boot CD from the link below my Sig Pic. Boot to that and go into DOS programs and find GWSCAN. Run it, and check your drive using the SMART and Quick Test tools. If it finds a problem, then exit that app, and find VIVARD in the Hard Disk tools, you have to exit back out to the main Hiren's Menu to get back to it, it's in Hard Drive Tools under Dos.

If you have an SSD drive, don't use any of those tools, you will have to download disk checking and repair tools from the SSD Manufacturer. But for most Winchester Arm hard Drives, ViVard will re-map the whole drive.

When that is done, boot to Mini XP on Hiren's - And ruin a FULL CHKDSK on the system drive, don't worry about non system drives. You can also use a Windows 8 Install DVD, booting to that and from Command Prompt use CHKDSK. However you do it, do a full CHKDSK. You should also so an Automatic Repair from the Install disk as well- Also, you will want to run the Windows 7/8 equivalent of FixMBR and Fixboot, which are in one command now, called Bootrec.exe - Bootrec /FixMBR can repair any MBR problems.

Finally when that is done, just boot from the hard drive, and see if your Automatic Repair starts and finalizes - If it wants to do another full scan on your drive, let it, but let it finish, and it will SAY "Finalizing" when it gets to the last part.

I have found in my case, Auto Repair Boot Loops can be fixed, this is just the process I use, but basically, you need to check your entire Hard Drive surface for errors, and Windows 8 can't do this, so it gets stuck in that loop.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/27061-automatic-repair-loop-recovery-options-not-working.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a DV T with Win and posted this to HP's forums with no help so far Can't boot to any recovery disk infinite crash loop - HP Support Forum - Windows told me that there was some corruption on the hard drive and to reboot so Can't any disk; boot recovery infinite to crash loop it could solve the problem before Can't boot to any recovery disk; infinite crash loop losing any data Now I am in an infinite crash loop It will try to boot windows but just as soon as the first dot of the spinny Can't boot to any recovery disk; infinite crash loop wheel from the windows loading screen loads it crashes On the next boot it said it's preparing to repair Crashes again Repeat I tried to boot into the HP recovery Can't boot to any recovery disk; infinite crash loop environment with F Looks like it just skips it and tries to boot Windows Crashes I put in a Win DVD and try to boot off the DVD I press a key at the quot press any key to boot from DVD quot prompt I hear the DVD seek for a bit Then it seems like it gives up and tries to boot Windows from the hard disk Crashes I tried creating a Windows recovery disk on USB from another Win machine Same drill I brought it into my office and tried a network boot to a recovery environment I watched the loading bar and when it reached the end it crashed I'm stumped as to why it can't even boot to external media The two things I've been able to boot into have been HP's onboard diagnostics full extended suite passed and memtest which passed Anyone have any ideas

A:Can't boot to any recovery disk; infinite crash loop

You might find you can boot external media with the HD removed.

To get around that, try turning off secure boot, then see if you can boot external media.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/22449-cant-boot-any-recovery-disk-infinite-crash-loop.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys I am very anxious and frustrated about this issue I have searched frantically all on multiple forums but the solutions are all over and I just can't I have seen some really knowledgeable users here while looking at threads to solve my problem so this is my best bet I really do not want to lose all my data I am willing to follow any instructions provided as I am very desperate Background Information My laptop automatically boots Windows 7 failed Repair (Boot manager OS Loop find Startup Loader) to into Startup Repair and once it finishes quot repairing quot the laptop restarts and boots into Startup Repair once again looping the whole process The diagnostic and repair details from Startup Repair showed that the quot root cause found quot was that the quot Windows 7 Startup Repair Loop (Boot manager failed to find OS Loader) Boot manager failed to find OS Loader quot and the repair action for quot File repair quot and quot Boot configuration data store repair failed quot This is the second time this issue has happened where I tried to boot up my laptop after hibernating it Prior to encountering this issue again reboot sleep and shutting down my computer worked fine Also I think before the two times the issue happened I was installing some Windows Updates I am trying to avoid restoring the disk back to factory state What I have tried Letting Startup Repair finish Just simply loops back Running chkdsk f on my C drive No errors and fixes Pressing F to access Advanced Boot Options does not work Goes to Startup Repair System restore to the point before the Windows Update occurred Did not work Windows Memory Diagnostic tool Memtest Memtest showed no errors Run this in CMD This is where it gets weird Code Bootrec exe bcdedit export C BCD Backup c cd boot attrib bcd -s -h -r ren c boot bcd bcd old bootrec RebuildBcd bootrec fixmbr bootrec fixboot I'm not sure what happened but after rebooting I encountered an error by Windows Boot Manager in which Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file for Windows System winload exe Pressing Enter brings me onto this screen where either pressing Enter once again or pressing F brings me back to the screen before with the error message Restarting the computer or anything now always brings me to the screen with the error message by Windows Boot Manager To resolve this I tried following a bunch of instructions from this thread and making C where Windows is drive the active partition instead of D labelled System solved this and returned me to the Startup Repair Loop issue Additionally though now if I try to boot from a USB it says Bootmgr is missing which is bad I could boot to Kali Linux via USB before I attempted a bunch of solutions where I could mount the Windows partition in read-only mode in Kali Linux Current situation So far I have deleted the bcd and bootmgr files and ran Startup Repair times with reboots in between to restore them for a number of times I'm not sure which of my actions contributed to what problems such as the Bootmgr is missing problem appearing later and I am confused and frustrated Thus I await your professional help I'll return in about hours because of sleep

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401613-windows-7-startup-repair-loop-boot-manager-failed-find-os-loader.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am having a nightmare with my Dell Latitude E laptop At the moment it runs a continuous loop of start up repair and will not allow me to even attempt to get into Windows until this has been done When it runs the test it stops giving the error message no OS files found on disk Everytime I restart this process just a no Laptop recovery loop, running startup repair in disc continues It is a work laptop so I do not have and windows recovery disks Laptop running startup repair in a loop, no recovery disc To make matters even worse before the startup repair loop the laptop wouldnt even let me into the Windows system even in safe mode After attempting to get into safe mode it would stop at the driver classpnp sys Further tests would also show up the error message I am not technical at all so am hoping this is going to make sense to someone who can explain it in very simple lanuage Just to reconfirm I do not have any windows recovery disks - and cannot access safe mode at all Can anything be done

A:Laptop running startup repair in a loop, no recovery disc

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237733-laptop-running-startup-repair-loop-no-recovery-disc.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey all, recently my bios got corrupt somehow, so i tired the bios recovery process this is what it does 1) writng new bios image2)verifying new bios image  says the bios system recovery is complete and restarts the computer and starts back at the same process again and agian pls helpthank you 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Bios-update-failed-recovery-on-infinite-restart-loop/td-p/5741104
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Gateway GT desktop computer purchased in late Recently the computer has had problems with connecting to a wireless network and we thought buying a new wireless USB adapter would fix the problem Instead we found that the entire Network Connections Recovery reboot not will (continuous System complete Gateway loop) service had been Gateway will not complete System Recovery (continuous reboot loop) wiped out and trying to access Services msc through Run would yield an quot MMC could not create the snap-in quot error I have tried to fix Gateway will not complete System Recovery (continuous reboot loop) this specific problem exclusively but could not find a solution So considering that the computer has not been completely restored once in years and has seen it's fair share of viruses malware and a lot of software installations we decided a clean factory restore would help sort things out We came across these issues when trying to attempt a restore First we tried a System Restore to a previous time where we saw less problems It ended up being incomplete and no changes were made to the system Second we found the original Gateway Recovery Disk and inserted it and followed the directions While rebooting we were able to press R and then when it says quot Preparing System Recovery Options quot it seems it's about to load but then suddenly reboots right after we see a Gateway loading screen making it an infinite loop if we keep trying to press R We then created disks from the Gateway Recovery utility on the computer They all burned fine but the same issue above happened as with the original Gateway Recovery Disk We tried to use the System Recovery option on the Gateway utility to also be confronted with the same reboot loop We've followed these instructions Laptop Recovery Instructions including the Alt F instructions and these as well How to Factory Restore your Computer But we never are able to reach step where we choose between a destructive or backed up system restore due to the reboot loop What are our options Is the computer messed up to the point where it's not salvageable

A:Gateway will not complete System Recovery (continuous reboot loop)

It sounds like your HDD may have some issues.
Download the ISO image for Seatools in my signature. Burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the Short and Long tests on the drive. If either tests fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gateway-will-not-complete-system-recovery-continuous-reboot-loop-701584.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all Recently was running a backup program and suddenly I get the Windows blue error screen the one with the mocking ' ' icon and system dies I turn on and it seems to booting very slowly then it proceeds to do the pre login screen installation of updates After half an hour or so and with updates on around system dies again Now when I turn the fail recovery repair not Automatic loop; options working machine on it appears to alternate between either hanging for ever on the Win loading screen or attempting to run an 'Automatic Repair' which invariably results in a blank screen and no fix Having read several 'Automatic Repair loop' posts on Automatic repair fail loop; recovery options not working the net it appears I need to load the recovery disc and run repair or restore programs from there Of course the CD I made failed crappy disc so I had to search my original licence email and use the provided link to download and create a new installation disc from a working machine This disc loads and gives me the option to install Win presumably a fresh install with loss of files or a troubleshoot menu Running the automatic repair option results in a rather inane Automatic repair fail loop; recovery options not working 'Couldn't do it' message and gives a blank path to a log file The system restore option prompts me to 'Restart and select operating system before trying this' and i'm not sure how to do this as no such option is given at boot EDIT If it helps this blog post details what appears to be almost identical symtoms to the ones my system is experiencing http www selarom net blog windows- -woes Looks like he she had no luck solving this though Any help greatly appreciated

A:Automatic repair fail loop; recovery options not working

The most likely cause for this scenario is a failing hard drive. So, I suggest downloading your drive manufacturer's diagnostics to create a bootable CD, and using it to run the long drive test. The quick tests don't always report problems with the hard drive accurately, and if the drive is under warranty, you will need the long test to generate an error code which you can use for an RMA. I'm a newbie here, but I've run my own computer services company for 14 years, and this is an issue that I see frequently. You might have defective memory or even a motherboard problem, but this scenario is typical for a bad drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498997/automatic-repair-fail-loop;-recovery-options-not-working/
Relevancy 46.87%

EDIT This is added by moderator The problem system has been quot restored quot to Recovery Loop--after Solved: defaults factory Repair to Startup factory defaults so you can skip to post and be missing only some history I have also at this Solved: Startup Repair Loop--after Recovery to factory defaults time moved the thread from Networking to Windows Okay this is my boyfriend Solved: Startup Repair Loop--after Recovery to factory defaults s laptop He s left it with me to see if I can fix it I m at work right now and it is at home so I can t try anything until I get home tonight Here e the situation as best I can tell He has laptops one is old and connects fine the other is probably months old - a Dell - Windows and this is the one that is having problems The other laptop has no problem with its connection - it is just the Dell laptop He brought it over to my house last night and it is doing the same thing It finds and connects to my network but Solved: Startup Repair Loop--after Recovery to factory defaults it states that it is a quot limited access quot connection which essentially means you have no internet connection apparently So here is what I have found out For one his laptop came with few months subscription to McAfee and apparently that is now expired He s never renewed it I did put MalwareBytes on there for him when he got the thing but I don t think he runs it unless he thinks there is a problem I ve told him to keep it updated but I guess he thinks I can fix it if there is a problem Again Once we get this fixed he WILL keep this stuff current darn it Anyway he said he kept getting some popups - the ones that ask if you want to quot allow a program to make a change to your computer quot and he always said no I think he got several of those in one night He ran the MalwareBytes and it found and quarantined some malware I don t know what sort of things - I was not there when he ran it and then when he tried to access his network again he got the quot limited access quot thing So something has happened just on that laptop I messed around with it a little last night but I couldn t get anything working I m hoping someone here can give me some ideas on where to start I have looked at some other threads but most of those are for a problem with a network This is not a network issue the problem is with the laptop Any ideas on what to try Your help is much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi So frustrated and baffled by what shouldn't be a big deal after a week of searching online trying things I'm ready to pitch laptop out the window I'm hoping someone recognizes HD: won't work? Wiped Recovery Windows Factory why Error loop.. Reset this situation and what might be necessary to fix it I'll try to make this as Wiped HD: why won't Factory Reset work? Windows Recovery Error loop.. brief as possible This is an HP Envy originally bought w W A month ago i accidentally upgraded to W and didn't revert back to W in the day window So last week I was trying to get rid of W which I didn't like and had multiple issues Eventually I booted off the recovery discs I made when I got the laptop years ago all discs used and it seemed to be installing fine Messages on laptop that it was setting computer up for first time use etc Then when the Starting Windows message comes up w the W logo it's followed by the Windows Recovery error message Windows didn't shut down correctly last time start in Safe Mode etc and is in a loop Going into Safe Mode results in an error message that Windows can't complete installation in Safe Mode and to restart the computer This leads to the HP screen which automatically starts up W which results in the error message This happened both when I ran Factory Reset and I think the other option was System Restore Also tried using a repair disc which didn't fix the problem My son who's helping me in this thought maybe there was leftover stuff from W that was causing the problem despite the fact that there's an admonition that the hard drive will be erased and all data lost So last night I erased everything using DBAN This morning I again used the recovery discs and it seemed like it made more progress in that it turned off and on and eventually gave me the message that Set up is preparing your computer for first use which I don't think I'd gotten before in the - different times I ran the recovery discs But no - still getting the Windows Recovery message that it wasn't shut down correctly and it's still stuck in an infinite reboot loop How is that possible starting from a clean slate The battery doesn't charge much and didn't pass the battery test but I was told that the battery didn't make a difference in whether or not Windows is successfully installed Thank you for any insight help you can give

A:Wiped HD: why won't Factory Reset work? Windows Recovery Error loop..

Is there a sticker on the bottom of the computer with a Windows 7 key? Is so you can install Windows 7 using any Windows 7 install disk with the same version but you would need to do a phone activation. Is there anyone you or your son knows who has a Windows 7 install disk?

One or more of your DVDs may be defective. 

What is the main use of the computer, general browsing and email?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620313/wiped-hd-why-wont-factory-reset-work-windows-recovery-error-loop/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone Newbie here so hope I posted this in the right section I am not able to boot up my laptop at all so I cannot do the DM Log Collector sorry I own an ASUS R A laptop that seemed Automatic Restart Loop, Windows Error BSoD Recovery Disable after to have crashed for no reason yesterday I was using it went afk for a few hours Windows Error Recovery Loop, BSoD after Disable Automatic Restart came back and saw it in Windows Error Recovery I had options - Start Windows Normally or Launch Startup Repair Start Windows Normally loops back to Windows Error Recovery Launch Startup Repair takes me to a blank screen with ASUS logo and a window X windows system cmd exe I am unable to type anything in this box I cannot boot in Safe Mode loops again I get BsoD when i choose quot Disable Automatic Restart Upon System Error quot I did not install any new hardware or software recently I also don't have a Windows DVD or Recovery Disk to boot from After a few more times trying to reboot F on start up no longer takes me to the screen where I can choose to boot in Safe Mode All I get is the Windows Error Recovery window Is this something I can fix on my own or should I bring it to a repair shop I would appreciate any help you guys can provide I'm heartbroken that I might have lost all my pictures of my beloved pets that have passed on as well as my school work

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/394023-windows-error-recovery-loop-bsod-after-disable-automatic-restart.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I recently attempted to update my BIOS Gigabyte F to F so that I could upgrade my CPU from a sandy bridge not BIOS repair startup infinite update, loop after recovery working to an ivy bridge I did not do the cpu upgrade yet just the BIOS flash The flash using Gigabyte's q-flash went fine according to the flash results screen I then rebooted and the computer when into the Startup Repair Infinite Loop it goes through POST and then says quot Windows is Starting quot and the animated Windows logo where the four colored window panes fly startup repair infinite loop after BIOS update, recovery not working at you and then pulse glow while the OS loads begins but then freezes just a moment after it starts The system then goes into the repair loop The first thing I did was to re-flash back to F That did nothing though But just FYI my BIOS is back at F I have tried the recovery method from the tutorials section but I'm stuck and posting in that thread has not yielded any replies So I'm posting here Before I even get to the editing of the registry I'm stuck in that a quot DIR quot command on my c-drive shows quot File Not Found quot Not sure what to do from here Thanks for any tips advice explanations etc Kieran

A:startup repair infinite loop after BIOS update, recovery not working

Confirm the Partition Marked Active is 100mb System Reserved (if you have it) or Win7 partition (if you don't).

Then run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times until Win7 starts.

If this fails boot into System Recovery Options to System Restore backward until you find a working configuration.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365503-startup-repair-infinite-loop-after-bios-update-recovery-not-working.html
Relevancy 46.44%

System WinXP SP on a Now stuck to XP~3 trying boot problems Disk Recovery a repair loop. in PC f/wall, Packard Bell something or other yrs old I'll start by saying that I've had no heart stopping problems since January this year until I recently un-installed ESET security suite after day trouble free Disk Recovery problems trying to repair XP~3 f/wall, Now PC stuck in a boot loop. trial expired I then discovered my XP F Wall was unable to load as Windows couldn't find the quot ICS quot module I Disk Recovery problems trying to repair XP~3 f/wall, Now PC stuck in a boot loop. gave up on that for a while and tried a couple of rd party options but after spending more time answering pop up questions on whether to allow or dis-allow in s ware d load OTT I decided to do a disc recovery to regain the XP F wall During the disc recovery it announced that it couldn't find a total of dll exe files I thought that was what recovery was for I was given the option of manually finding them which I did All went well until minutes to the end when it announced that ''Windows cannot load the Internet Configuration Library ICFGNT DLL The Following error occured The specified module could not be found '' On clicking OK no option to locate this was given and the recovery run continued to the end At this point as it does it went to the start position went through the BIOS push F or screen and white progress bar and promptly jumped back to the start position and has been doing this loop ever since I ran a floppy NTLDR which I discovered gets you as far as I can anyway I then un-plugged all both mouse and wireless peripherals and got the same result I've tried to get into safe mode which stopped at mup sys and went into the loop so I then went through the recovery console and changed repaired after taking notes off the M site the registry hives system software security sam amp default the right thing to do I don't really know as I'm more a ''front end'' fella In safe mode it now goes to the '' sys'' file after mup sys too fast to read though Currently using my old HDD on which I've used the same set-up disc so the system seems to be alright my st thought is ''disc is old and marked'' which it is I copied all the ''alleged'' missing files to a floppy but during recovery run you don't or I don't know how get the option to load from the floppy I've even tried kicking the housing at the critical moment of start-up This I hasten to add is not a recommended practice and doesn't work but it sure made me feel a hell of a lot better There has got to be a way to get back into the system surely I mean I only wanted to repair the bloody F Wall There are things on there I really need see below Or is it as I fear my hard drive is deader than a dead thing that is dead BTW I don't think I've caught a quot cold quot along the way as I run HJT after a re-install and then on a regular basis comparing the log files last one was checked days before everything went pear shaped There was nothing on there I didn't expect to see I suppose my real question ought to be quot How to recover important data from a dead HDD using one PC working old HDD floppy drive and cd-r that is temperamental quot Any Help pointers or beer greatly appreciated Please remember though that DOS and I if that is what is needed have no knowledge of each other IRONY MOMENT Seeing as my yr old original XP disc looks a bit worse for wear I've prepared a new slipstreamed nLited SP version to which I've added all my personal stuff to fill the DVD-R it's been tried out on VMware and works a treat I'll leave it to you to guess where the ISO file is These are the alleged missing files during recovery cfgbkend dll cfgmgr dll cmprops dll comsnap dll dhtmled ocx hscsp p cab htm jis dll hypertm dll hypertm exe isignup exe movimk exe and of course ICFGNT DLL Could this be added manually via floppy in recovery console Please move if posted under wrong banner heading Elmer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disk-recovery-problems-trying-to-repair-xp-3-f-wall-now-pc-stuck-in-a-boot-loop-270626.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Help. My Hp Touchsmart 300 won't boot up windows it goes to the blue house screen when switched on.  If I press F11 it will only let me do a system recovery with warning it will go back to factory setting.  I want to "file back up program" but it is greyed off and won't let me click it. 

A:Recovery manager

Hello, Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for post. Some (most) HP Recovery procedures include procedure to back-up files before the actual recovery process. However, yoy may back-up your files this way usig external software.Please, download GNU/Linux version - > Linux Mint XFCE 18 - Linux based OS.  >> https://linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=222 Download/save the ISO image. You need to write it on a new blank DVD or on empty USB thumbdrive (min 2 GB capacity).  How to create bootable ISO on USB device >> http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windowsorHow to write ISO to DVD >> http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/burn-a-dvd-on-windows   When ready with the USB drive or with the DVD: * Ensure Secure Boot is disabled.* Ensure Legacy mode is enabled.* Save the UEFI/BIOS changes.Details>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653226 Eventually, please, shutdown the computer using the power button.Insert the Windows USB thumdrive or the DVD prepared previouslyPower  on the PC.As soon as you press the power-on button, keep hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one Choose F9 to open Boot options. Select the thumb drive as boot option.You will now boot from Linux Mint media. Once ready and once you open the Files, you will notice it has automatically mounted your PC's HDD - you will be able to browse through your directories and copy/backup to external device the required files.  Once ready, you can use the F11 option to reimage your PC  / restote to factory default condition.Hope this helps, let me know how it goes. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Recovery-manager/td-p/5840488