Windows Support Forum

Back ports (USB, ethernet) stopped working, front ports partially working

Q: Back ports (USB, ethernet) stopped working, front ports partially working

Vista Ultimate -bit ASUS Rampage Formula motherboard USB mouse and keyboard connected in back ports Two things Back ports working, partially ethernet) working front ports stopped (USB, happened Avira antivirus warned me of some threats which I either ignored or deleted Windows Update Back ports (USB, ethernet) stopped working, front ports partially working had some updates ready although I m not sure if it updated I turned off my PC for a couple of hours turned it back on and realized that my USB keyboard was not working on the password screen I eventually unplugged it from the back and plugged it into the front where it worked However my USB mouse did not work when plugged into the second front port nor did it work when plugged into the front port in which the keyboard worked I accessed System Restore using my keyboard and restored to one day previously When it finished both keyboard and mouse worked although I got a pop-up message alerting me that the quot drivers for your device could not be installed quot When I clicked quot OK quot the mouse stopped working again I have checked BIOS and both mouse and keyboard are recognized so it does not appear to be a hardware issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-ports-usb-ethernet-stopped-working-front-ports-partially-working.950262/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Back ports (USB, ethernet) stopped working, front ports partially working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 25.8%

Hello, I'll try to be as clear as I can.

I have my computer hooked up to my router with an Ethernet cable. About an hour ago the Limited sign popped up. With the cable connected it says Limited, but I can freely use the internet. When I take the cable out, under connections it still only says "Ethernet Limited" and I can't use the internet. I'm not sure about any specs to my comp. All I know Is I'm using windows 8 and it's from Toshiba. I know it's not much to go on, but I'm losing my mind and any help would be wonderful. Thank you.

This picture is how it looks when the cable is, and isn't, plugged in.

A:Limited Access with Ethernet, even when not connected

With the cable pulled out, the picture is correct (for a wired Lan Connection).
When it is attached AND you have access to the Internet, it should not be limited.
SO, get a command prompt ( start->run and enter CMD ) and enter

IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt
then NOTEPAD myTCP.txt
copy the contents and PASTE that as your follow-up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-access-with-ethernet-even-when-not-connected.217393/
Relevancy 22.36%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 26.23%

Okay so before I begin I'd like to say I am relatively new to computing and I'm not the most knowledgeable.

Let me explain my setup:
I have a HP Envy SleekBook Laptop which is connected to my BT Wifi through a NetGear HomePlug which should give me wired internet.

I cannot move the router which is that the other side of the house and I decided to test me internet speed on speedtest.net I got nearly exactly the same values when using the ethernet cable and when connecting to the internet.

I often have ping spikes and lag in CS:GO.

That is my main issue and my secondary discussion is if this is a good setup : (I have ordered this stuff)

https://www.vibox.co.uk/promotions/defcon1blue
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B7ZE0G2/ref=twister_B00L17TXY0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CH-...id=1434810239&sr=1-2&keywords=corsair+k70+rgb

Thanks <3

A:Ethernet vs Wifi and Confusion

HMM. and your problem / question is ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-vs-wifi-and-confusion.216646/
Relevancy 58.91%

When I try and access the internet through any of the main browsers (I.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari) they tell me along the lines of 'unable to access the network' and 'this page can't be displayed' after taking a while attempting to load. I also cannot access it through any of my Windows 8 apps. I know it's not an issue with the home broadband itself and is something to do with my laptop as it is running fine both wirelessly and through using an Ethernet cable on all other devices. I would really appreciate some help with trying to fix this asap as I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and trying most things to resolve it without success, I also need to use the internet for loads of coursework over the summer hols and cannot afford to be taking it to a pricey IT technician. Please helppp

A:My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

Take a look at the file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts​there MUST be at least a line reading 127.0.0.1 LOCALHOST
but the question is there anything other than comments in it?
If so, leave the comments and the localhost line and delete everything else.

If you modify the hosts file, then you also need to

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-wireless-and-ethernet-are-working.195158/
Relevancy 34.4%

SO close Help me get this ball across the goal line I have a old quot Microtek ScanMaker E quot scsi flatbed scanner that originally came with an ISA scsi interface to give you some idea of how old it is I connected it to my PC using a equally ancient Tekram F pci SCSI card c 64bit my got scanner Almost w/Win7 old working that I ve been using with bit WinXP Pro for years The scanner has an - quot x quot scanning bed dpi and bit color reproduction It works great and I see no reason to spend a few hundred dollars to replace it just for Win compatibility so I m trying to get it to work with the bit Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit version of Windows To complicate things the company that made my SCSI card Tekram went out of business years ago so the bit XP driver was the last they made But after MUCH Googling I found a bit Win compatible driver for another card using the same chipset and low amp behold Windows recognized it It then quot detected quot my scanner for the first time but didn t have a driver Again after much searching I found a Vista bit version of Microtek s quot ScanWizard quot scanner software with bit driver and now bit Windows detects my scanner Yeah But when I try to access the scanner I get an error telling me I quot must install Color Matching System first quot for the scanner to work I don t remember any such software being needed to use the scanner with XP and there is no such program in the ScanWizard software I just installed searching online suggests I will also need to run an quot ICC Color Profiler quot Anyone have any ideas So close yet so far I love doing things I was told were quot impossible quot Help nbsp

A:Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit

That Microtek ScanMaker E3 scsi flatbed scanner ... didn't even work well with Windows XP... and the cost in time and components to attempt to make it work are much higher than a decent Canon or Epson scanner which can be had fof $40... Less if used...

On what system are you runny SCSI ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/almost-got-my-old-scanner-working-w-win7-64bit.157055/
Relevancy 25.37%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have an Aspire one NAV50 with Windows 7 starter.

One time, when I turned it on, The icon for wireless connection doesn't appear anymore. Every time I try troubleshoot it, it would just say that there is an ethernet cable unplugged. And so, I connected it into the ethernet cable and it works fine. But when I tried it again on the wireless connections, it doesn't locate to any wireless connection.

I've tried the ff on my laptop:

restart
update
scan the laptop with MalwareBytes
Fn+f2
by the way, last night, when I turned on again the laptop, the wireless connections can already be found. However, after few minutes, it went back to being unlocated again.

A:Laptop would work on ethernet cable not on Wireless Connections

I had doubt the Starter supports the Wireless connecting but since you say " the wireless connections can already be found.", so probably it's possible.
In this case and at the moment the thing I'm thinking about is the driver. Try to update its driver for wireless connecting. (You've said the 'update', but update of what?).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-would-work-on-ethernet-cable-not-on-wireless-connections.201158/
Relevancy 25.37%

hi there my wireless through cable work will not My only ethernet internet internet was My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless running fine until yesterday when I tried to connect to the internet the message quot windows can t communicate with the device or resource primary dns server quot came up I followed all methods on this website http answers microsoft com en-us w -b d ec fae but none of them worked for me I then returned my laptop to factory settings in the hope it will work but that didnt not work I then realised it works through the ethernet cable but not wireless I ran ipconfig all with my ethernet cable in and this is the result SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THANKYOU Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nida-TOSH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address D -DF- A-EB- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fccc e c eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EB- A- A-B - -F -D - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F -D - -EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EEB-B - C-AC - CEB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb affc eb Pre erred Link-local IPv Address fe affc eb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DF D AB- BF- FA - CB -DFA C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless

There may be an issue on the ISP side or router side since restoring to defaults didnt help. Or it could be an issue with the network adapter. Or it could be an issue with the firewall.

Try downloading running these tools (download via ethernet, run on wireless): Network Fix-It Tool (right click on the internet bars on the task bar in the bottom right hand side of the screen, and click "troubleshoot network...") and Firewall Fix-It Tool.

Did you install anything on your PC before this happened? Did Windows install any updates?

Try disabling your AntiVirus. That may be the issue. I doubt it though.

Tell me if any of these solutions help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-will-only-work-through-ethernet-cable-not-wireless.197067/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 33.97%

Greetings!

I have an MSI GS70 laptop here , its about 1 month old and the webcam has stopped working,

It has worked earlier, Nothing happens when I try to start it and when I try to find it in the device manager it is not there.

Any idea what I can try?

Thanks!

A:MSI GS70 Gaming laptop Webcam not working

Ok I have an MSI GT70, did you try activating it via the toolbar at the top of the screen that comes on MSI laptops. It looks like a tiny paperclip at the top of the screen in the center, there should be once you open that toolbar up an option to activate the webcam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-gs70-gaming-laptop-webcam-not-working.197211/
Relevancy 33.97%

Resolved DNS on other on one problem working laptop, DNS network computers problem on one laptop other computers on network working I returned home for the holidays with my laptop running Windows Enterprise -bit When I connect to the wireless network my laptop reports that it is connected with internet access but there is no browsing capability at all P P works Steam works but Chrome Firefox Steam browser give me DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working the quot This webpage is not available quot page telling me that the DNS lookup failed All the other computers at home are working happily My settings were to obtain an IP address and DNS server address automatically nslookup said DNS request timed out It didn t work with the wireless or the wired internet with an ethernet cable I set up another network by using my iPhone as a hotspot to make sure it wasn t an issue with all connections and my computer could browse just fine using the iPhone hotspot But it didn t work with my home connection The first thing I tried was to use openDNS s DNS addresses and with my home connection It still failed and nslookup gave the same quot DNS request timed out quot I reset the modem router it s combined unfortunately to factory settings and tried directly connecting with an ethernet cable again It worked for half a second and I opened webpages before it stopped and gave the DNS errors again I tried the wireless internet and it still didn t work I can connect to the modem router I made a guest network just to try it and I got DNS errors again When I reconnected to my primary network it worked for half a second again then stopped My next attempt to fix it was going to the cmd prompt and typing ipconfig release then ipconfig renew I restarted my computer and tried again but I still received the same errors with P P working like before I turned off my firewall and tried but it still didn t work Then I tried ipconfig registerdns restarted my computer and tried again Still didn t work At this point IPv has been disabled but it s still not working I restarted the modem router multiple times but it does nothing to alleviate the problem I have Microsoft Security Essentials did a scan nothing detected Also tried System Restore to two days ago got an error about how it failed Summary Using openDNS address Turned off IPv ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig registerdns no virus trojan system restore failed None of the above worked Other computers at home using the ISP s provided DNS server work My computer works with other connections but not my home network Is there anything else I can try Thanks in advance nbsp

A:DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working

Fe3C said:

Summary:
Using openDNS address.
Turned off IPv6
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /registerdns
no virus/trojan
system restore failed

None of the above worked.
Other computers at home using the ISP's provided DNS server work[1].
My computer works with other connections, but not my home network.Click to expand...

Good work. The router is fine[1] so don't fuss with it anymore.

Look for an updated driver for your WiFi adaptor.

On any working system run IPCONFIG /ALL and compare it to the results on the failing system. Look for missing Gateway address or IP address like 169.x.y.z

Some concern re failing system restore, but that's not a networking problem per se.

Work on a wired network first and then move to wifi.
Empty all manual settings on the LAN Connection (get properties, scroll to tcp/ip, click property button - - check ALL tabs; delete everything.

You should be able to PING 8.8.8.8 and then PING google-public-dns-a.google.com.
This shows the LAN adaptor has connectivity and DNS resolution.

Now do the very same sequence with your WiFi connection.
Disconnection from the router and then reconnect.
Inspect IPCONFIG /ALL again to look for valid IP addr, gateway addr and valid DNS settings. (not the OpenDNS you had before).

ping 8.8.8.8 ; if this doesn't work, then the WiFi settings are invalid even before DNS is an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-problem-on-one-laptop-other-computers-on-network-working.174565/
Relevancy 61.06%

So this is my first time making a forum post since 169.xx ip address working, Ethernet not I am not desperate because nothing I ve tried has worked So two weeks ago I had an electrical surge in my house on my desktop the ethernet port on the motherboard died so I sent Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address back my motherboard to have that fixed Now that I have it back I tried getting my ethernet to work though now the Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address connection properly works as in Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address the local area connection is now at least recognized I still have no internet access I just tried reinstalling Windows bit fresh install after I wiped everything My ethernet adapter is called Realtek PCIe GBI Family controller I have a E Linksys router and a Comcast modem I tried plugging the ethernet cable into each other but no luck Currently I m attempting to at least make the desktop use the modem internet directly I seem to be sending packets but not receiving them when I looked in the Status of the Local Area Connection in network connection details I have an autoconfiguration ipv of xxx xxx ipv subnet mask and nothing in the ipv default gateway dns server or wins server and no ipv default gateway I ve tried many things too many to name now but I am willing to try anything you guys mention and post the appropriate data or logs just tell me what it is you would like to see Any help would be highly appreciated nbsp

A:Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address

Anytime you see 169.x.y.z, that's the clue that your DHCP request to the router did not get an answer.

DHCP should return an IP address directly related to your router's address and two DNS addresses.

search the form for DHCP - - I've posted a solution here on TS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-not-working-169-xx-ip-address.203386/
Relevancy 33.97%

HP G62-b80SS laptop
Many keys in the keyboard aren't working. I've successfully replaced the motherboard for this laptop because it went dead because of some dampness trickling going inside and is now otherwise working fine. It's been abandoned for 7 months. I've reseated the keyboard connector and cleaned it with a contact cleaner.
I guess I need to get a new keyboard, am I right?
Thanks!

A:Many keys in keyboard not working HP G62-b80SS laptop

Or the motherboard keyboard connector is damages by corrosion...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-keys-in-keyboard-not-working-hp-g62-b80ss-laptop.213407/
Relevancy 22.79%

I changed my microphone jack to an inline jack for a recording project, how do I change it back?

A:Changing my jack back to a microphone

You may want to post your computers specs. Such as what os you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-my-jack-back-to-a-microphone.213539/
Relevancy 32.68%

AMD graphics card owners that have tried playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or Project Cars are likely already aware of the fact that both titles run like crap on Radeon hardware. There's a ton of controversy surrounding what did...

Read more

A:AMD is working on Catalyst beta drivers for 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt' and 'Project Cars'

"AMD graphics card owners that have tried playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or Project Cars are likely already aware of the fact that both titles run like crap on Radeon hardware."

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, "runs like crap" doesn't strike me as professional an expression as "runs terribly" or "are both exceptionally poor performers on..." It may convey the sentiments of the accompanying article comments, but those are supposed to be crude.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-is-working-on-catalyst-beta-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-and-project-cars.213323/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have an lap top toshiba satellite c660 with both usb ports phisicaly damaged and after replacement they didnt worked , I mentioned betwen externel pins existe power 0,5 mA but middle pins I m not sure if they work,what should I do?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-c660-usb-ports.213198/
Relevancy 34.83%

My hard drive died and I took it to a computer shop where he put in a new one and windows XP, as no one had a vista disc. Since I got it back the blue Fn key doesn't work. Numbers lock works, but all the F keys, volume controls, brightness controls and my crt/lcd don't work at all. Dell doesn't seem to have a driver that I can find. Does anyone have one that would fix this? Is there another way to use the F keys, especially the crt/lcd without having to use the Fn key?

A:Fn key not working on Inspiron 1501 with XP

Be sure you are the registered owner, then call Dell Tech support, and ask them to send you the install disk set... It is usually free for the original owner, if not supplied at time of purchase.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fn-key-not-working-on-inspiron-1501-with-xp.156952/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi
I have an asus x555ld-x0549h, it has a built in camera that does not work. I have been searching for a driver all day and didnt find a thing...
then I tought that the camera was being blocked and I enabled it and... still noting...
can anyone help me please?
I'm using windows 8 and the camera app says that I need to plug in a camera... so.... wtf?! :S

A:Asus x555ld built in camera not working

How old is this laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x555ld-built-in-camera-not-working.212530/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have no clue if I'm posting this in the correct place but here it goes my Sell insperion laptop worked just fine as of a couple of days ago. We ended up connecting it to the Ethernet cord and it works. We've tried restarting it numerous times and it doesn't recognize any networks. Any suggestions?

A:Wi-Fi stopped working now only works wired

Have you checked under your Device Manager to see if the WiFi was disabled for some reason? Does your Dell have a physical WiFi button, and is it turned on? You could also go to the Dell website and download the WiFi device drivers for your specific laptop. Un-install the WiFi drivers, reboot and then re-install them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stopped-working-now-only-works-wired.212471/
Relevancy 25.8%

Alright I ll make it short but informative I can t connect cable able internet Only via to ethernet to connect to the internet without an ethernet cable I have tried pressing the laptop s quot WiFi quot button but nothing has happened The light didn t even change I have tried Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable rebooting and going into BIOS to see Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable if there was on option there nothing I Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable have tried going into Device Manager and under quot Network Cards quot I got options I believe I had options though now I have only first I tried to deactivate it and the reactivate it but that just made it not work at all and when I got home and got my connection back I tried to update the drivers which is when I noticed I only had because I was at school when all showed up so I didn t have connection to update them but it just said that they were all up to date I have tried using the windows recovering tool to go back before the problem occurred Though I did get an error the first time due to my AVG being up so it couldn t complete but after that I tried doing it again with AVG off but the situation didn t change and I know the problem isn t with the router as the problem occurs with different WiFi s In the beginning it would only say quot can t connect to the internet quot over and over again but now it won t even show the available WiFi networks in the area Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

Any suggestions at all? if you require more information in order to come up with a solution, just tell me what you need an ill try my best to figure it out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/only-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.212310/
Relevancy 61.06%

My computer is able to connect to the internet through an ethernet cable, but no devices besides my tv is able to wirelessly connect at all. The internet doesn't even show in the Choose A Network tab on my Ipad.

A:WiFi isn't working but ethernet is

What is the make and model of the router or modem you are using? What type of internet connection do you have (DSL / Cable / Satellite / etc). What have you done so far to try to correct this problem (reboot equipment, change settings, unplug then re-plug equipment, etc.)? Need to provide more information before anyone can really try to help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-isnt-working-but-ethernet-is.212323/
Relevancy 26.23%

I've got excess ethernet wire, despte how ridicules it may sound, can I use the ethernet wire to make an extension for my headphones?

A:Headphones using ethernet wire

It would be a similar process to this:

though I don't know how good a job it will do.
Here's more reading about this topic - http://www.head-fi.org/t/537117/the-y-split-thread

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headphones-using-ethernet-wire.210084/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 24.08%

I and Driver responding stopped recovered has purchased an HP-f wm with an Intel N processor about a month ago It s running Windows I also bought a mouse for it since it s not a touch screen that allows me to scroll side to side and makes not having the touch screen easier to Driver stopped responding and has recovered operate The what I thought was Driver stopped responding and has recovered mouse started freezing in the middle of using it to surf the net or working in documents it Driver stopped responding and has recovered just freezes for a bit then starts working again Last night I got an error message after it did this saying the driver had stopped working and recovered I didn t notice that it said which driver I found a fix for this on the Microsoft website but it was for Windows I have tried to do all the updates that it needed when I first got it but I have to do them a few at a time as they fail if I try to do them all at once I have gone through and done several of these one at a time Recent updates have successfully installed it s just the ones needed when I first started using it that are a problem I have about left from Sept-Dec Any advice would be appreciated I got this from Amazon so I have no support nor can I return it nbsp

A:Driver stopped responding and has recovered

Two suggestions:

Try installing the software under "Windows 7" preferances. When you go to install the software (I do not have windows 8.1 myself, just going off Windows 7 features) Right click the installer and go to properties. Under "Compatibility" select "Compatibility Mode" as "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select Windows 7.

Also select the "Priviledge Level" to make sure there is a checkmark in "Run this program as an administrator"
The other option is to find any driver software that is installed with the mouse and ensure that it is changed to these settings as well. If you want me to go into depth about how to do that I can explain further. But the general idea is to find the .EXE for the software that starts with windows and change the properties to the same as you did with the installer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered.208879/
Relevancy 23.65%

hello techspot, I keep getting this error when I play games in my computre. what should I do to fix this error?

A:Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

I get this error every once and a while. Updating your GPU drivers usually solves the issue. Do you know what GPU you are running? Post your full system specs below and then we can go from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered.204745/
Relevancy 35.26%

I have same problem Recently ISP have changed my ADSL working stops Wi-Fi router to vDSL modem WiFirouter I m using assembled service of internet IPTV and VoIP My LAN works perfectly but WiFi Wi-Fi stops working is giving me some hard time everything works nice and I m using internet on my laptop Lenovo t Win phone LG G andorid tablet iPad but day after all devices are showing that they are connected to WIFI but there is no or low internet response for example skype works but cant open some pages other are opening but some images don t load fb etc I can t log in into router to reboot it And this issue when internet isn t working normally but showing as connected persists on all devices I ve mentioned above But at the same time when internet isn t working when I try it on my desktop PC Win everything works normally Then I need to go to router turn it off then on and everything works perfectly sometimes for a day sometimes for a couple of days I ve tried everything changing IP lease time changing freq form to changing channels switching from b g n to N almost everything I could think of My WiFi is secured with WPA PWA -PSK-TKIP AES password and name is a simple one with char name My modem router information s are Device Type ZXHN H N Device Serial No ZTEEG E Batch No T HW Version V SW Version V L BOSNIA BOOT Version V do anyone have an idea what it can be the reason why this is happening nbsp

A:Wi-Fi stops working

NetWalker85. Since your desktop works when your wireless devices don't, it's not your Internet signal from your ISP. Your devices are showing the router's SSID which is being broadcast, but not the wireless internet signal from the router. I would reset the modem/router to it's default settings and change the necessary items (SSID and passwords,security settings, max number of IP addresses for the router to assign to devices,etc). if that was never done. If the problem is still there, I would request a new combo unit, or possibly see if there is a firmware update for that combo unit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stops-working.210644/
Relevancy 34.83%

Gateway NE56R41u laptop freezes after 5-10 minutes of running, ran many many tests and scans to try to find malware but nothing was found, it works fine in safe mode but not in safe mode with networking, please help

A:Gateway Laptop isn't working

When something works in Safe Mode but not while in Normal it points to a driver issue. Have you tried updating your WiFi/Network Interface Card (NIC) drivers for your system from Gateway's website?

Do you use a cooling pad? Laptops can get hot quickly and high temps will freeze/shut-down a system fast.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-laptop-isnt-working.209213/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi when I applied some new Thermal paste to my rig I noticed that my case fan stop spinning after the POST test on bootup.
my build is.
G33MO3 Motherboard
E8500 CPU
EVGA gtx 650 GPU
250 Seagate HDD
Simple samsung Optical drive
430w corsair PSU
2x1Gb DDR2 RAM
I am running the latest version of BIOS for my motherboard (dell revision 1.0.15).
This is unfortunate as I was just about to overclock my system and now the only fan on my case has gone.
I know the fan works because during POST it spins up.
I've tried clearing the BIOS to default with CMOS but that did nothing but slow my computer down.
Thank you.

A:Fan not working and PC instantly slowed down?

Hmm, don't try clearing the BIOS, try looking through it, the fan might be disabled for some reason in there. Also, do you have any other places you could plug that fan into ( on the motherboard, or you could just use two wires to connect it to the PSU directly ? Also, make sure any fan-control or overclock software doesn't interfere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-not-working-and-pc-instantly-slowed-down.207984/
Relevancy 35.69%

It was like any other day while I was working on the computer while my PC suddenly shut down I tried turning it back PC working not GPU using on but nothing So I opened up the case and noticed that when I press the power button not even PC not working using GPU the motherboard fan starts spinning I stripped down everything from the system and tried running it It worked flawlessly So after putting everything back on one by one the culprit turned out to be the Graphics card The computer would turn on with the card inserted into the PCI slot Whenever I would place it in there not even connected with the VGA cable just plugged in the slot the motherboard would refuse to start up So I decided to check the GPU for cylinder holes but everything seemed to be intact no burnt smell or anything The PC works just fine with the integrated graphics Can it really just die like that without a proper reason It wasn t over-heating I had that one checked So what should I do right now I don t have a spare GPU to check if it s the PCI slot that s the problem or the GPU which was fine like minutes ago nbsp

A:PC not working using GPU

Hmm, what graphics card are you using ? It might be that your power supply lost it's wattage over time, and that it's now not strong enough to power it. How much W does your PSU give ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-not-working-using-gpu.209267/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a HP HPE- f i quad core with a TB WD primary and a TB WD secondary that I ve had for about - years and have cloned the primary several times with no problems About - weeks ago I cloned the primary once again with another TB WD only to find that after the cloning the DVD drive stopped writing It actually begins the process but after writing the lead-in it simply sits there and spins heating the disk and of course making it unusable Once this occurs working DVD burner stoped after cloning it usually cannot be stopped by any means and the machine has to be hard rebooted to proceed Since the first cloning operation I have re-cloned the original using three different cloning programs all with the same result as well as cloning to a new TB WD drive with the same results I ve also replaced the DVD drive with two different known good drives one being brand new went through all of the HP troubleshooting procedures uninstalled DVD burner stoped working after cloning the drivers and re-installed them deleted the high and low files from the registry etc with no success The strange thing is that if I use the original hard drive along with the cloned drive I can boot off the original and burn to the same DVD drive with no problem I can also write CD s with both the original and the clone both audio disks and data disks I ve also ran the DVD drive off from one of the other SATA ports on the mother board along with replacing the cable I even took the computer into a computer shop and they worked on it for over days and could not identify the problem To make a long story short this problem is just about ready to get the best of me I ve ordered an external DVD drive believing this will work but I would really like to determine why it is doing what it is doing The cloning should not have caused it but seems to be the only thing that is common to the problem I would really appreciate any incite that you may have nbsp

A:DVD burner stoped working after cloning

The only suggestion I can think of is some type of burning software is broken with the Cloned OS. If you have any software installed that handles the burning (include Roxio, Creative and all others) Remove them and the Registry files related.

I suggest using Revo Uninstaller as it will automatically search out and tell you whats left over, and let you delete them or save them. I suggest deleting all files/folders and registry items left to ensure they are not somehow causing the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-stoped-working-after-cloning.208883/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey,

Yesterday, I was working with my PC while my 1TB Seagate external hard (http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-FreeAgent-Ultra-Portable-External-STAA1000101/dp/B0045JLPMO) was plugged in via USB. The USB connection was a little bit loose.

Then when I was plugging a USB flash memory in, I noticed that the external hard was disconnected.
I connected it again, but it didn't appear in My Computer.
Here is the state in Disk Management and Device Manager:

After that, I plugged out the "SATA to USB converter" from the hard and connected it directly to SATA cable inside the PC case (like internal HDD), but this time nothing showed up in Disk Management, Device Manager and BIOS. However, it took a long time for the system to boot.

I searched and read lots of threads and tested some other stuff:

(It didn't appear in Minitool Partion Wizad).

I've got a lot of data on this HDD which really matters to me.
Any help is really appreciated.

A:FreeAgent 1TB External Hard stopped working (unknown, not initialized)

Hi there Sedhadi,

If your HDD is failing the manufacturer's tests it is probably dead. IF you need to get your data back look for a reputable data recovery company in the area.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeagent-1tb-external-hard-stopped-working-unknown-not-initialized.208828/
Relevancy 22.79%

Unfortunately has been few years with no PC rig since I started working and carry notebook wherever I go. But I do remember the good old days where It was great to tweak the rig and squezze every Mhz our of every component. Unfortunately its not that much fun with a notebook

I have most of my components selected :

MSI Z97 MPOWER Max AC
IntelCore i7-4790K
Cooler Master V8 GTS
Corsair HX 1050
980 AMP!
G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
SSDOCZ VERTEX 460A 480GB
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
But Im wondering if this a good selection of motherboard / PSU / Memory
What do you guys think, considering I didnt overclock for quite few years now. I want easy but rock stable motherboard overclock..

A:Back to Overclock - Opinions needed

Never been to keen on MSI mobos. Bad experience in the past I guess..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/back-to-overclock-opinions-needed.208346/
Relevancy 24.94%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey, I'm a new member here with a problem!

I have a pair of Skullcandy Crushers with an arguably great built-in mic that turn on with a press of a button. However I built a new computer a few days ago and installed the latest version of the ASUS Realtek HD Audio manager, and while the audio on the headphones work, the mic refuses to work and isn't even recognized on programs like Skype and Hangouts.

I have tried the front two ports and tinkered with the settings and nothing has worked as of now, please help ASAP!

-Extabyte

A:Skullcandy Crusher mic not working with ASUS Realtek HD Audio Manager

Yeah thats because Skullcandys aren't really built for computers, just iPhone & Android. I had the same issue with my Skullcandy headphones and decided to buy a legit for PC headset. Sorry you spent your money on them!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/skullcandy-crusher-mic-not-working-with-asus-realtek-hd-audio-manager.204154/
Relevancy 33.54%

hi guys wish you all a great new year.

im facing a very annoying issue with my laptop, some keys are not working, the left **** and the windows key I just don't know whats happening.

can someone please help mw with that.

thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-7537-shift-and-windows-key-not-working.207933/
Relevancy 34.83%

Sometimes when I'm skyping, I want to play audio so I enable my stereo mix. I got a new computer though so I had to re install the realtek high definition audio recording. I've tried using it, but it doesn't work. It says it's enabled and it's my default device, and no green bars pop up to indicate it's working either. Any help would be cool, thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stereo-mix-enabled-but-not-working.207783/
Relevancy 26.23%

Over multiple devices on the network wifi works including this laptop I m running on However any time I try to use ethernet including on this laptop there is no internet connection The error when troubleshooting is Wi-Fi Works, Ethernet Doesn't Dns server not responding While on ethernet connection Wi-Fi Works, Ethernet Doesn't I can access the networked printer but cannot access the default gateway so connection is going from room to the modem and through I have tried restarting the wifi lan modem which then connects to another router down stairs which I haven t restarted my dad won t let me I have tried flushing dns uninstalling and re installing the adapter starting in safe mode with networking This is my ipconfig all while on wifi Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rob-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List BigPond Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Mediatek MT E bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d f d a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -A - - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d e fbb a Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e fbb a Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap BigPond Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here it is on Ethernet Windows IP Configuration Host Name Rob-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List BigPond Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Mediatek MT E bgn Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address B - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -A - - -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c dc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday December PM Lease Expires Friday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- - D-A - -A - - -C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BigPond Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any help you could give would be mu... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-works-ethernet-doesnt.207715/
Relevancy 34.83%

I'm doing a simple build for my parents and when I boot it up the monitor doesn't respond. Everything is hooked up properly and I've tried a different monitor.
Processor - i3-3240 with hd 2500 integrated graphics
Motherboard - ASRock H61MV-ITX

A:Integrated graphics not working

Issue resolved. Sorry I dont know how to delete the thread

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-graphics-not-working.207495/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a Windows 7 HP desktop system that is connected to the internet via an ethernet cable. The system says it is connected, and a ping confirms it is accessing the internet. BUT, all the browsers say the computer is not connected to the internet (tried Chrome, Firefox and IE). All of the Microsoft network adapters (6to4, ISATAP adapter, ISATAP adapter #2, Teredo Tunneling Adapter) shown under device manager cannot start (Code 10). the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller is the only network adapter shown as working properly. What do I need to do to fix this? Let me know if there is any other information needed to help me.

A:Windows 7 computer says connect via ethernet and ping confirms but cannot get to any page

Does your router see this computer on the network?
Are you on Private Network or Home Network?
Is the IP address showing 192.168.x.x or is it showing 169.xx.xx.xx?

NIC network card you can do a few things. You can can disable it and re-able it.
Open dos prompt
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: ipconfig /release
type: ipconfig /renew

Give this a sec or two.

Now under services.msc (use the control panel and type services)
Select view local services
Scroll down for
DHCP Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it
DNS Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it

If none of the above work go into the device manager. under control panel type: device manager. click on device manager

-Network adapters
-Realtek PCI-e this one uninstall the drivers (BUT DO NOT DELETE THEM)

Two options here.
One: Scan computer for new hardware changes
Two: Reboot the PC

Choose Two, because Windows will re-install the drivers and setup network card settings. for you. The Choosing One would do that same but you really want to flush out any prior issues that got you to this point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-computer-says-connect-via-ethernet-and-ping-confirms-but-cannot-get-to-any-page.207373/
Relevancy 34.4%

I just purchased screen quot DELL U H quot and a new computer The happy unboxing time turned to a nightmare when the noob I am could not connect the screen to the computer like the guy is doing in the youtube video Thanls Screen Info http accessories us dell com sna productdetail aspx c us amp cs amp l en amp sku -BBCG What I am trying to do This guy is connecting his screens to each other than to the PC but I am unable to achieve it 3 station configure screen my working Can't My Computer Spec Asus ROG G Desktop PC i Can't configure my 3 screen working station GB TB NVIDIA GTX - CPU Intel Core i - M Cache up to GHz - VGA NVIDIA GTX GD - OS Windows - Memory G DDR MHz - Storage TB SATA G ASUS Can't configure my 3 screen working station westorage years - ODD Blu-Ray X Combo - LAN Mbps - Audio -channel Audio SonicMaster - Card readerN A - Front I O - USB x - Mic Port x - Earphone port x - back I O x RJ LAN x HDMI-Out - x channel Audio - x USB x USB - x Power jack - power supply WAdapter - certificates BSMI CB CE FCC UL CCC Energy Star VCCI Graphic Card Spec http www asus com Graphics Cards GTX PHOC GD specifications nbsp

A:Can't configure my 3 screen working station

As far as I can tell, Nvidia doesn't support Surround (three monitors) via daisy-chaining (the card in the video was AMD Radeon). You might be able to get two monitors to work like that - some sort of DisplayPort MST support was added a while ago because of tiled 4k displays - but to get them all working they need to be plugged to the card directly.

As GTX750 doesn't have proper connectors, you might need to change your graphics card to something that has three DP outputs or 2xDP + HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-configure-my-3-screen-working-station.206802/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys, my laptop asus stopped working with wifi connection and I was just reading some posts here about this same problem but didn't find how to fix it.

I was uninstalling some programs from my pc but I didn't uninstall programs named "something wireless". I just took off what I knew I could.

I also tried the option "solve problems" in the wireless pc symbol and the answer was to connect my laptop to an ethernet cable...that never happened. Just now.

Does anyone knows how I get back my wireless connection? Pleasee

A:WiFi doesn't work only with cable ethernet

Powercycle the modem and router. Here is a specific order if you have a separate modem and router.
1. Shut down all PC's.
2. Shut down the Modem and router.
3. Power on the modem only. Wait 2 minutes or so.
4. Power on the router. Wait 2 minutes or so.
If you have a modem/router combo, then you don't need step 4.
5. Boot up the PC and see if you can connect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-only-with-cable-ethernet.207136/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a toshiba satellite C870-11H. It used to ask for the password whenever it went to sleep. I checked and the system is still set to do so.

Some time ago I got fed up with the clowns at Microsoft thinking their latest update was more important than whatever I happened to be doing and destroying the work I was doing so they could load their rubbish. I set the system to ask me before doing an update. Well it doesn't bother to do that and now very rarely it does load an update without authority. Could it be that my system is now way out of date?

Is there a customer focused operating system that I could use instead?

Thanks.

A:Laptop stopped asking for password

Every OS is customer focused. Microsoft is for non-Mac machines and getting things done. Linux is more powerful but requires more techy-ness to use.

Maybe try Mac OSX.

But there's nothing wrong with Windows. Sounds like you have a decent amount of problems.
Run WIndows update, make sure it's completed every update.
Run CMD.exe in admin mode, run sfc /scannow

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-stopped-asking-for-password.204405/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello hello After having a problem with my cd dvd drive I rebooted my computer and did a clean install of Windows from my Vista So right now I m running Windows Windows not install (Touch/slider) FN - 7 Clean Keys working I have a VAIO - VGN-CS J Windows looks and feels great so far The only problem is my little sliding touch pad at the top doesn t work I don t know if it s FN keys but on top of my keyboard there s a little sliding touch pad for volume along with a fast forward rewind key I used to be able to slide the volume up from there but now it s not working I looked it up and I know this has to do with my clean install of windows I tried installing a bunch of drivers like everyone said online Sony Shared Libraries Vaio Event Notebook Control Device And a bunch of other drivers that people talked about I don t know what s wrong but it s still not working so I did a system restore to before I installed everything so that I can have a clean slate Can someone please help me fix my volume control slider please Thank you so much nbsp

A:Clean install Windows 7 - FN Keys (Touch/slider) not working

Laptops have extras over and above Windows and if you reinstall the OS or upgrade it you lose these. I've been there and done that with the FZ. It was broken when I bought it and the hard drive had been removed. Fixing the computer was very hard, installing Windows 7 was easy. Afterwards, like yourself I found that the function keys didn't work. Trawling forums and looking for drivers then sorting it out took ages and that was the most challenging part of the whole exercise. Everything necessary was on the Sony support sites but these were not user friendly and I needed to use several Sony sites. Needless to say Sony support were clueless. In the end I got everything functioning but if you can manage with things as they are I'd not bother. One tip, although it might not work with your particular Vaio model is that stuff has to be installed in a particular order otherwise some keys don't work.

That'll teach you to mess with Windows when a cd/dvd plays up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clean-install-windows-7-fn-keys-touch-slider-not-working.207046/
Relevancy 34.83%

My wireless is not working on my computer, just a couple months ago I reset my computer using the ISO file, now my computer will only connect to the Ethernet cable. The wireless switch is on. I see a button near the VAIO button that shows a computer with signals coming off of it, I've tried pressing it but it doesn't do anything. Computer specs: VAIO Song Laptop with 6 GB Ram and 1 TB HDD.

A:Wireless network not working

Sounds like when you reset your computer the proper wireless drivers were not re-installed. I would start looking for a solution for this. What Operating System does it have (Windows 7 / Windows 8.1/ etc.)? Have you tried to remove the Wireless drivers and re-install those? How about downloading and installing updated drivers from the VAIO website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-not-working.206511/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have bought JBL Speaker FLIP Model FHP 2 on 14th July 2014 but it worked for only 2 to 2.5 months thereafter not working anymore.
I have taken to SPAR Artee Industrial on 29/09/14 but they are not providing free replacement not they are able to repairs as Charging PIN has spoiled. THe part is not available locally. The JBP Speaker are not working at all now.

Kindly suggest, for the Customer Care Complaints I am unable to find the Customer Care/ Replacement Customer Care / Service Center / Top Management Contact numbers for getting help for repairs / replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jbl-speaker-not-working-in-just-2-months-time-period.206690/
Relevancy 22.79%

Please help.. Can't connect to the wifi but using ethernet is working fine.. My phone could connect to the same wifi though
tried to backread some of the threads but didn't work on my laptop

A:Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Additional info. I am using Atheros AR5006EXS Wireless Network Adapter
and I did deleted the driver and it installed again automatically, but sadly it still doesn't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-fully-connect-to-wifi-but-works-fine-on-ethernet.206650/
Relevancy 34.83%

My old computer is crapping out and yes I know I need a new one. But in the meantime, it is telling me I have no soundcard. I am attaching my dxdiag report... Please help...

A:Sound card not working

Go to device manager and check if there is a yellow exclamation mark in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-not-working.204903/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a sennheiser HD 202 and I am not able to hear any sound from the right side. I have to hold the cable in a position rhen it works. So what shall do now? Is there any chance of bringing it to normal state?

A:Sennheiser HD 202 sound not working

It's probably one of the wires inside the headphone lead has broken.
Does the same problem happen on all devices you plug the headphones into?
Or just one thing, say your PC for instance? (could it be a laptop headphone socket?)
If the problem is with all devices, ipods, pc's etc, then it's the headphone lead broken inside. If you can solder small wires and parts, you could change the lead yourself, but if the headphones are less than a year old you should return them under guarantee.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sennheiser-hd-202-sound-not-working.205645/
Relevancy 25.8%

What the title says. I bought a TP-Link WDR4300 and installed it, and everything works perfectly on every device except for my laptop (Windows 8.1 Lenovo G480, running Windows Defender as AV). When connecting wirelessly, I get access to the router, but it shows "limited", and it doesn't even let me get into the setup page (192.168.0.1) and when I ping it, every packet is lost. Ethernet, meanwhile, works perfectly. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix it.

I'd like to attach the ipconfig outputs but my command prompt is in spanish and some of the characters are missing in the .txt file, too. I don't know how to get the file in english.

@jobeard I saw one thread you solved in which you said to mention you so you could help. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks beforehand for any and all suggestions.

A:WiFi doesn't work, Ethernet does

Hi, You will always have to use the ethernet (Cat 5) cable to get into your router's software, at 192.168.0.1, all routers are set up like that for security reasons.
It's done that way so that no one can change your settings, passwords etc using a wireless connection, you must use the Cat 5 cable to make setup & security changes.
Did you get any setup software with the TP Link router?
If you get good internet access using Windows 8.1 using the ethernet cable, it
might point to possible wireless driver issues.
It might be worth downloading the latest driver for your WDR4300 from the TP-link website;
http://www.tp-link.es/support/download/?model=TL-WDR4300&version=V1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-ethernet-does.205530/
Relevancy 34.83%

Okay, so yesterday I was dropped off for my first day at Uni and I went into my room to set up my laptop. Somehow (truly a mystery) a single tear fell onto my keyboard, right in the gap below the space bar. Obviously, I thought nothing of it... for about a minute. Then suddenly my keyboard went absolutely crazy. The space bar stopped working and when I tried to type with any other key, weird stuff happened. For example, I would type "B" and instead it would come up as "###O'xnF."

As you can imagine, very weird. I left it for a little bit while I unpacked and when I came back to it, it seemed to have settled down, but some of the keys had stopped working all together. These include the space bar, the z, the s, the shift key, the left alt key etc. Basically, several on the left side of the space bar. I am having to use a USB keyboard but obviously I would rather not have to.

Does anyone know how to fix it, or should I lug it over to the nearest computer repairs place?

A:Laptop keys not working

"Does anyone know how to fix it, or should I lug it over to the nearest computer repairs place?"... Tears contain salt, salt is corrosive. Yes, take it to a repair place and tell them what you told us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-not-working.205454/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi, can someone help me get my Soundblaster Zx beamforming mic to work as it is advertised to please. People can hear my game in the background and they shouldn't be able to.

I'm running Windows 8 64 bit.

Thanks

A:Soundblaster Zx Mic not working as described

Just to confirm, have you enable beam-forming in mic properties?

go to sound control panel, select recording devices, then highlight your soundblaster and right click to properties and find enhancement tabs. alternatively you might also want to try "setup microphone" inside windows. im not sure what it is named in windows 8, but in windows 7 that's what you need to type inside the start search box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundblaster-zx-mic-not-working-as-described.204584/
Relevancy 34.4%

I bought new computer 1 year ago and everything went really nice until 10 days ago my graphic card fan stops working at times. At first I didn't know what was going on but I decided to open my case and start playing some really required game like WatchDogs and I noticed this. The fan stops working only when I play games. I updated my drivers but that didn't solve anything. I don't know why this is happening or how to fix it. I can tell when the computer is going to shut it self down because of overheating so I quickly alt+f4 my game whenever I see its going to happen. And I stare at the fan hoping that it will start working on it self again. I try to push it with my fingers but it wont continue. Only after 5-10 minutes pass I can move it with my fingers and it will start spining again.

What do I do?

A:Graphic card fan stops working.

When the fan is spining everything is working fine. And when it start spining again the temperature goes down fast.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-fan-stops-working.205181/
Relevancy 31.39%

Just bought a Coolermaster Cosmos 2 ahead of time to plan out fan and cable management before I buy everything else, the manual says it has a 200mm front LED fan, I'm planning what color scheme I will be using and want to know what it has already and if I need to swap it out?

Also any ideas on what colour scheme I should use, getting a MSI gaming 7 Motherboard, thinking about green LED's and white cables

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-colour-led-does-the-front-fan-in-the-cosmos-2-have.205388/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have this flash drive:
http://www.amazon.com/PNY-Turbo-Performance-Drive-P-FD128TBOP-GE/dp/B00FE2N1WS

And I am afraid it is dead. When I plug it in, 50% of the time, the red light constantly flashes at about 8 flashes a second, or flashes 3-4 times quickly before just shutting off and nothing happens.

If it is in constant flashing mode, I can open my windows explorer and see "Removable disk", however it is slightly transparent, and when I try to open it, it says "Please insert a drive", which leads me to believe the computer detects it, but can't read it. The properties window shows 0 bytes. Is there any hope at all of getting my ~65gb of used data off of this thing at all? Do I have to take it apart and do some soldering? Please help.

A:PNY 128 GB Flash Drive not working

Your flash drive probably has a damaged controller. If that data is important, best chance of retrieving your data would be a professional data recovery service. The cost of recovery depends on how extent is the damage of your disk.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pny-128-gb-flash-drive-not-working.204524/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have spent the last days trying to get my WiFi to connect Connection Ethernet not through Internet but WiFi to the Internet and am ready to throw the computer and all its additional equipment out of the window Amongst a collection of other laptops and a desktop running different systems - Windows XP Vista Windows and Windows - I have an old Acer Aspire running Windows XP Pro SP I use it mainly for midi file work and as a host for Visual Studio which I keep for maintenance of some programs written many years ago but still in use by some of my friends and for which I require frequent searches on the Internet Just recently for no apparent reason the WiFi on this laptop suddenly stopped working I have been using an Edimax EW- Usg wireless adapter Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi which has never given any trouble in the past to connect with my home network through a router modem supplied by my ISP Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi Since every other computer iPhone iPad and Kindle connects to the same network and works perfectly I have to assume that there is no problem with that router Also the problem laptop connects perfectly via the ethernet cable It just won t work on WiFi alone I have checked my wireless connections setup including TCP IP and can find no problem devices in Device manager I have searched for solutions on the internet and tried everything I can find - I have scanned my hard disk with Panda Antivirus have downloaded and run MalwareBytes I have tried changing the router channel I have tried setting the ipconfig values Nothing makes any difference When I attach the wireless adapter there is usually a message telling me the connection has quot limited or no internet access quot At this point ipconfig all shows the default values for the configuration If I try repairing the connection I am told that the process cannot continue for one reason or another though on occasion it connects when I close the message box However the adapter still shows quot acquiring IP Address quot and hangs there Here ipconfig all shows the correct configuration In both situations the only ipaddress I can ping is the host PC - the problem one Every other IP whether in numerical form such as Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi the router or alphabetical form such as google com returns either a quot timeout quot or a quot cannot find quot message and of course I cannot connect to the internet I have tried clearing the ipconfig I ve forgotten the command and followed it with ipconfig renew but that won t work I have repaired winsock using Microsoft s instructions and I have become quot war-weary quot trying to make sense of the whole thing I am trying not to have to re-install Windows XP and the associated updating of all programs so as a last resort I tried probably unsuccessfully to uninstall Edimax In the end after using Add and Remove to clear as much as possible I just deleted the complete folder from Program Files Then I installed the software for an old Belkin Wireless USB Adapter which I had lying around and tried it The outcome was exactly the same The Belkin software has one advantage however - it allows the user to opt to control the adapter through Windows though I still could not make it work I just don t know enough to solve this one Any ideas anyone BarrieC St ckM n nbsp

A:Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi

Have you tried using another adapter? Or tried using the adapter on another computer? Just to rule out if the adapter is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-through-ethernet-but-not-wifi.196216/
Relevancy 22.79%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, I'm having a problem with my Dell Latitude E6400. When I'm not using it for a while the screen goes black (like into a sleeping mode) like all computers and laptops do. But if it stays black for a little while, and when I go to get back on it and move the mouse around or press the keys the screen won't turn back on but the computer is running because the light on the keyboard are lit up and I can hear the fan running. The only way I can get the screen back on is if I shut it down by pressing the power button on my keyboard and turning it back on.

Can anyone please tell me what to do or what is wrong with it. That would be much appreciated. Thank you

Being thirteen doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/latitude-e6400-screen-goes-black-after-not-using-and-wont-turn-back-on.204671/
Relevancy 56.33%

My year old ACER Aspire keyboard just stop working in a couple of capacities First the numbers on the key wouldn t type at all Checked Num Lock fine then stopped some thing... Laptop working wrong the type and keys tried to type numbers at top of keyboard well some typed the right number but most didn t or typed more than one number Ran Webroot Anti-spyware and Anti-Virus clean Then I shook my computer to see if any crumbs or foreign materials were throwing something off clean Took out battery nada Restored computer to the day before any problems Changed nothing Pressed every Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... key to see if something was stuck or key broken None The Delete Backspace Enter and Space Bar do NOT work at all So basically the entire keyboard is not working due Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... to something If I type any one key some of them type what I wanted but continue to type the letter or number until I log out of my Google Engine I have always had issues with the keyboard I will be typing along and the cursor will randomly go back to previous sentences and start typing what I am currently typing It is so annoying Why is it hopping all over the place A computer major friend who teaches computer classes said to write to Google and maybe I would find others with similar problems I found several quot sticky keys quot problems but none on point with none of the keys working or working properly He suggested perhaps a Trojan Horse virus but my sweeps come up clean Can anyone help me Thank you Shawnascy nbsp

A:Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing...

It could be a virus. But It also could just be your keyboard is bad. You may need to take it to your local repair shop if it. Is a laptop and have them check the keyboard out for you. I really do not think it is a virus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-stopped-working-and-some-type-the-wrong-thing.204613/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello!
About a year ago, the newest monitor for our home's main computer stopped functioning, so it had stopped being used. However, today I was in search of some files I needed that were on our old main computer, so I hooked up the old monitor that came with that computer and it didn't work as well. (The old monitor worked on a different computer). I tried hooking up a few other spare monitors to the old computer, but it they also did not work either. I came to the conclusion that the monitor input had crashed.

So, here's my question: Is it possible to use a KVM switch to display the old computers monitor display on my laptop to get access to my files, even without the old computer's monitor input functioning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-switch-no-working-monitor-input.204590/
Relevancy 24.51%

Not only has the wifi stopped working I don't even see the list of available networks anymore. I must plug in the Ethernet cable to access the internet. I think I may have a virus. I just purschased this laptop a few months ago. It is an Acer Aspire

A:Wi-Fi stopped

First, ensure the driver is healthy. Use the command prompt to run devmgmt.msc,
[+] expand the Network Adapters and the NIC and WiFi devices should be there without and red/yellow flags

You might look for driver updates for the WiFi

What make/model is your router? Have you undated it YET?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stopped.204390/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a Windows 8.1 Laptop and yesterday it said I had no connections.
My computer is wireless but then it went to Ethernet it didn't let me connect to anything either.
I tried looking things up to see how to fix it but it just kept talking about buying cables.

Anyone know whats wrong?

A:How to fix Windows Laptop When it goes from wireless to ethernet

You may try to disable your Ethernet adapter (wired connection) while you're connected via a wireless connection through your wireless adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-windows-laptop-when-it-goes-from-wireless-to-ethernet.203484/
Relevancy 34.4%

Replaced the mobo (Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3), CPU (AMD FX-4300 Vishera), and RAM (G-Skill RipJaws 4MBx2) in an older system running WinXP (planning to upgrade to Win7 ASAP). Everything booted up just fine, but the HP keyboard and the Logitech mouse, both of which which work fine on another computer, aren't being recognized at all by the computer. No error messages, just not working. Not even lighting up. We've tried every USB port on the system, and even used a USB-PS/2 adapter to try it that way, to no avail. I'm out of things to try. My only thoughts:

1. Could USB be disabled in BIOS by default? If so, how do I change that without a keyboard and mouse, when I can't even access the BIOS?

2, Could the USB system on the new motherboard be defective? How do I test that?

3. Is there any possibility at all that it's related to the Antec 500W PSU--perhaps not enough wattage for this system? (Hard drives are all pretty old.)

A:USB keyboard and mouse not working after upgrade

Create and boot from a Knoppix Live CD (just google to find and download the ISO). If USB still doesn't work when you boot from knoppix, you know it must be either hardware or BIOS issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-after-upgrade.203285/
Relevancy 30.53%

So I have windows 7 installed on my pc ..... I cant hear any sound from my headphones or speakers whether plugged into the front or rear panel. and also windows shows that there are headphones plugged into the front panel. maybe that's the reason I cant hear any sound....but I tried all possible ways....also disconnected the front panel from the motherboard but still it says its connected.

A:Front audio jack panel wont disconnect in any way

Have you checked out the Sound section in Control Panel. Also check Device Manager.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/front-audio-jack-panel-wont-disconnect-in-any-way.202869/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi! Sorry I'm not much of a techie person. I'm having a problem here with the internet. My laptop connects to the WIFI properly but when the PC gets connected, with the ethernet cable, to the internet the wifi connection becomes bad but the signal strength shown is just as strong. thanks! using a windows 7 os btw.

A:WiFi and ethernet

Use only one or the other, but not both concurrently.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-and-ethernet.202781/
Relevancy 26.23%

My computer was cleaning out some files it found to be of no use. While it was uninstalling them I lost internet connection and it said I needed ethernet. My ipod connects as well as every other device in my house. I uninstalled with a program that came with my computer and need help.

A:My computer only connects with ethernet

Check the Device Manager and tell us if you see any yellow (!)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-only-connects-with-ethernet.202881/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all

I have got a new desktop PC, which works fine with Ethernet but I am not able to connect through wireless.When I tried to connect to the broadband, it says error connecting to the Broadband connection
Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has reported error. However, same comnnection works very well with my vista home premium Dell Laptop.

Thanks in advance
Pxray

A:HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-pc-with-windows-8-works-ethernet-works-well-but-not-able-to-connect-through-wireless.202705/
Relevancy 24.94%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hey guys. So, a client says she was on her laptop (Asus M50V) and she smelled burning plastic, then she noticed a small flame in the back of the laptop. The flame was put out. She was able to run the computer again, but it would only run on the battery. It will not boot up when plugged in. I want to take it apart to see if there is something that can be replaced.

Do you think it would be worth taking apart, and do you know if the part that could be damaged would be replaceable? I'm guessing there was a power surge, because there was a storm that night, and she was not on a surge protector. It looks like the laptop is still functional, it just won't boot from power anymore. Any thoughts?

Thank you!

A:(Partially) fried laptop

Yes you should be able to replace the part/parts that caught fire.

Replacement parts can usually be found on the manufacturers website if the laptop is still being supported. I took a very quick look for replacements parts on the ASUS site and found nothing other than a replacement keyboard.

You'll probably be able to find used parts on ebay. You'll need to compare part numbers to be sure you're getting the right part.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partially-fried-laptop.176335/
Relevancy 55.04%

My HP Pavilion G has been into geek squad twice now and each time it has come home and worked seemingly okay for about a week and I have problems with it again In the beginning of it all whatever has infected my computer corrupted USB drives I ended up USB ports trouble me giving putting the files back on the computer as it had some important school documents If USB ports giving me trouble it helps the USB drives were lexars I have also been experiencing problems with a portable mouse Logitech where it will simply not USB ports giving me trouble work When I try and shut it down in the start menu It will fail and give me a blue screen with quot USB BUGCODE DRIVER quot scrawled near the top in all caps It will also when on have lines move up and down it Like I said before geek squad has looked at this twice and hasn t solved the problem to a full extent Since it happened during the time that it quit working for the last time I downloaded quot Monaco quot on the steam store on a whim because it looked fun and it was free When I gave it access to my hard drive and launched it it froze up and I had to use Ctrl Alt Delete to get the screen to go back to being normal This is when the mouse quit working and no buttons on the keyboard worked I shut it off using the power button and when I started it the mouse didn t work This confused me because I thought the Steam store was secure I have also tried to reset it to the day before it went foobar using the system reset but it gives me the same USB BUGCODE blue screen each time I try because it has to shut down without the power button even in safe mode the same thing happens I really need my mouse to work for the games that I play having to use the touch pad for games like Skyrim is the most irritating thing I ve ever experienced I also need the USB drives to work for school projects and papers I haven t seen anything helpful on the internet so far and I really don t want to pay for another useless visit to geek squad Thank you for your time nbsp

A:USB ports giving me trouble

Your drivers are corrupt. You can uninstall them and let windows reinstall them. This may fix the problem . But if the usb ports are bad. You will get the same problem back. You can also try a restore point to when the computer or laptop usb ports were working fine. I hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-ports-giving-me-trouble.201433/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi! It's my first post on this forum, and I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this thread, but hey :]
I have a Dell Inspiron, and am totally clueless about tech. As of now, my computer connects fine using an ethernet cable, but it doesn't connect via wifi.
When I do attempt to connect via wifi, it appears as connected but I cannot connect to a website.
Any ideas? >_<
Thank you all so much!

A:Connects to Ethernet but not Wi-Fi

Is this a new system and/or has wifi ever worked on this system?

what version of windows {xp, vista, win/7, win/8}

the make and model of your router?

On {xp, vista} run -> enter CMD and enter key; on Win/7 search -> enter CMD and enter key

In the new command prompt window that results, enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt and enter key

Now when you come back with a follow-up, COPY/PASTE the content of the myTCP.txt into your post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connects-to-ethernet-but-not-wi-fi.187307/
Relevancy 25.37%

I am on a Win 7 based computer. New apt, new internet connection. Old router.
Connects to net fine with an ethernet cable.
Connects to the wifi signal (strong signal) with password authentication BUT no internet access.
All my laptops are experiencing the same issue- so it does not appear to be related to the computer.
I then connected the ethernet cable to a Linksys E2000. Again, good signal, clear connection BUT no internet access.
What can I do??
IPCONFIG/ALL>myTCP.txt did not produce any results in DOS (why??)
Thanks in advance.....

A:Wifi connection issues- fine on ethernet

IPCONFIG/ALL report:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : subra-tablet
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : westell.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-5E-C0-40-B0

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : westell.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 0C-60-76-4A-97-6C
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::7997:4b52:9da9:c46e%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.33(Preferred)
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, May 03, 2014 8:22:44 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, May 04, 2014 11:55:35 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 302801014
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-12-4D-54-A5-00-26-55-C9-E7-55
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : westell.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-55-C9-E7-55
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::790e:7ddd:2dfe:6f71%10(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.30(Preferred)
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, May 03, 2014 8:26:38 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, May 04, 2014 11:56:07 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 335553971
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-12-4D-54-A5-00-26-55-C9-E7-55
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

PPP adapter Broadband Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadband Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . :
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 117.202.95.249(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 218.248.255.147
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{F6FA6232-213B-4DE8-A4CA-916428E73370}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2002:75ca:5ff9::75ca:5ff9(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 2002:c058:6301::c058:6301
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 218.248.255.14... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-connection-issues-fine-on-ethernet.202175/
Relevancy 34.4%

Greetings reader

So im using a Radeon HD 6870 in my MSI 890gxm-g65.
Installed the hardware and when I run it on on-board graphics, windows is able to detect it as ATI Radeon HD 6800 Series. But after installing the driver for the 6870 it asks for a restart.
The BIOS screen is visible but after the windows loading screen the display just goes off, the LCD in on but it's just black screen.

I have a lot of work to do, so ill be really grateful if someone is willing to help me.

Thank You
in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-6870-not-working-after-installing-driver.202017/
Relevancy 35.26%

I accidentally deleted IDT audio from the contol panel. Because of this, the audio is not working. Therefore, I tried downloading it again but my laptop responded with [error, declined, your computer does not reach the requirement ect]
Just to clarify I have a hp laptop windows 7.

A:Audio is not working

It could be the driver you downloaded not compatible to your system.... are you using 32bit or 64bit? if you are using 32bit then download only driver for your audio according to their compatibility..likewise in 64bit..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-is-not-working.201819/
Relevancy 25.8%

I keep having a problem with my internet connection When I connect my pc to the wifi im only online for short periods of time Troubleshooting the problems doesnt give anything and deactivating and activating isnt helping either Im pretty sure its only my own router I cant connect to though I have no problem connecting through a ethernet cable Some intell Windows IP Configuration Host Name MSI Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter LAN-forbindelse Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Virtuelt kort til Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Physical Address C-D - - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth-netv rksforbindelse Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth-enhed Personal Area Network Physical Address C-D - - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address C-D - - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d b d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday April PM Lease Expires Saturday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - -A - C- -A - - - C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Internet with wifi connection but with not ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi NDIS Physical Address C- -A - - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi

What is your operating system and what do you mean by short periods of time, like a minute and then it drops? Also, what kind of router do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-with-ethernet-but-not-with-wifi.201815/
Relevancy 34.83%

Greetings all The DVD RW drive on my HP Pavilion dv series us is not working Please find the relevant details below The drive is Model TS-L N HPMH - I think this is Toshiba It s detected in My Computer as HD-DVD ROM When I try to play a CD DVD the light comes on and spins but then shows quot Please insert drive not as DVD ROM CD working - shown a disk into HD DVD-ROM Drive F quot DVD drive shown as CD ROM - not working The Device Manager detects it DVD drive shown as CD ROM - not working as a CD ROM and obviously the Windows generic driver doesn t work The Device Manager picks it up as an quot Unknown Device quot and is shown as quot NCB XYB QNKX SCSI CdRom Drive quot The driver is not available on the HP site so tried the regedit option I believe I deleted all the strings associated with the driver key Then tried the Microsoft tool which must have installed the generic driver which causes the DVD drive to be recognised as a CD ROM instead I tried the sfc scannow as well and it shows that there are corrupt files which could not be fixed The laptop works well otherwise Please help Where can I find the driver for the drive How can I go about fixing this issue nbsp

A:DVD drive shown as CD ROM - not working

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click the Start Orb, type msinfo32 in the search box. Hit Enter
Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-shown-as-cd-rom-not-working.201725/
Relevancy 34.4%

My scrolling up and down option of touch pad is not working what should I do...?

A:My laptop touchpad is not working properly

Are you referring to the the right side scroll bars on laptop touch pads that allow you to scroll up and down pages?

Try updating the driver for your touchpad and see if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-touchpad-is-not-working-properly.201621/
Relevancy 54.61%

My current system was built in May of 2012 and has been rock solid until like now.

I have had 4 out of 6 USB ports fail on me at once. I can't scan, can't print and the only two that are working I have both my mouse and keyboard in them because I had to transfer them yesterday the ones I had them connected to for almost 2 years. My printer was working fine yesterday and then that port failed today. I have tried booting and rebooting to no avail.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H. If anyone can recommend to me a good solid Z77 board I'd appreciate it because if the last two ports go I won't be able to use my keyboard or mouse and then I'll have some real grief to deal with.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 34.4%

I recently purchased a Supermicro SuperWorkstation A- and am having problems getting the audio to work I installed Windows Pro and the Motherboard has built in Realtek ALC audio I did install the latest drivers that Supermicro has for the ALC I have one green plug that Supermicro Not Working Audio Workstation runs speakers and subwoofer I have that plugged into the Supermicro Workstation Audio Not Working green plug on the back of the computer In the Realtek HD Audio Manager the SPEAKERS Tab is check as the default device In the SOUND window Speakers are also checked as the Default device When I play some music the green bar moves up and down in the SOUND window and in the VOLUME MIXER window So the speakers have been detected when I plugged them in and it is showing that the built in Audio is working but no sound is coming out Any ideas on this Supermicro may eventually solve this problem but I really want to get on with this using this computer now When I installed the Drivers for the NVIDIA Quadro K Graphics Card it also seems to have installed some NVIDIA High Definition Audio Drivers It doesn t seem to help when I disable them Also I noticed lots of people talking about not seeing the SPEAKERS tab in these forums I was also having that problem The computer seemed to quit detecting when anything was plugged in so the tab never came up I finally figured out how to fix that problem though To get the SPEAKERS Tab to reappear you go to the right had side of the Realtek HD Audio Manager window and click on the little folder icon A CONNECTORS SETTINGS Window pops up and there is a box you can check for Enabling auto popup dialog when device has been plugged in You need to uncheck that box and click OK You then go back to that folder and recheck that box and click OK again The Speakers tab should now appear when you plug in something nbsp

A:Supermicro Workstation Audio Not Working

The next time my computer rebooted the Speakers Tab once again disappeared and there is nothing I can do that will bring it back! *sigh*

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/supermicro-workstation-audio-not-working.201241/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey guys I had some contractors doing some work on my house today and they needed to shut the circuit off to the room my computer was in The computer was on at the time so it shut off when the power was cut Now it won t go back on Power button does nothing at all and I don t know if it s the power supply mobo or switch I ve got a power supply tester which causes my computers fans to start up when it s plugged in so the power supply does respond not Power mobo button working... issue? The results are in the attached file It shows LL which means to low to register voltage for the - V line I honestly don t know if I even have that line so I don t know if that s bad I attached the label on my power supply too Would Power button not working... mobo issue? no voltage cause a computer to completely not respond Because the fans DO start up when the power supply tester is plugged in I don t think the switch is the problem because I tried to short the power switch jumpers with a paper clip and nothing happened I also took the CMOS battery out for a while and then tried it again and that didn t work Any ideas on whether I need a mobo or a power supply I don t have an extra PSU around to test with but I may try to find one before ordering a new mobo thanks in advance -mike nbsp

A:Power button not working... mobo issue?

Not the switch. Could be the motherboard or PSU, but I don't have any good insight.

I would unplug the PSU and flip the 120/240V switch to 240V, then flip it back before plugging it in. To me, this doesn't make any logical sense, but over about 16 years of playing with PCs I have seen it work twice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-button-not-working-mobo-issue.201009/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi,
Dears,
I have a problem with my Dell E6500. Sometimes during working it held, so I turned it off forcefully by on/off button. after it, when I try to turn it on, it turn on (just lights on, does not show display) and then turned off.
I consult with a frined. he tell me a way. "eject off its RAM, Battery and cell (storing time)ejector from motherboard and leave it as it for 2 hours. then put RAM, CELL and battery and try to on."

I have done it, it starts and worked fine for 15 days, then again I face same problem, I again repear the process, it turned on again but now I failed to start it on.

what problem it really have, Any suggesstion advice Plzzzzzzzzzzzz.
waiting............

A:Dell E6500 held sometimes during working

Check temperatures. Maybe too high.
Run Dell diagnostics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-e6500-held-sometimes-during-working.200924/
Relevancy 56.33%

Was just thinking, how many USB ports do you guys use? I would imagine more than the average user as I suspect that members of a technology forum wouldn't use the same as the average user. If possible I would like to know what you use the ports for in the comments, personally I use 6, one for my mouse, one for my webcam, one for my speakers, one for keyboard's USB hub (which I never use), one for my wireless xbox controller receiver for PC and one for my iPod cable. My keyboard is PS/2 for the actual keyboard part, if you were wondering. Thanks!

A:How many USB ports do you use?

Mouse, keyboard, webcam, XBox 360 controller, Logitech G27, WooAudio WA7, sometimes I swap out portable hard drives and thumb drives and occasionally plug in a custom joystick for playing SSF4AE... and that's just for my gaming rig.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-many-usb-ports-do-you-use.200787/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello I got a weird one for you guys and I literally have tried everything can think of so I am hoping someone has some new fresh ideas I have a Dell Latitude E that can no longer connect via wired or wireless connections Both adapters display yellow exclamation marks next to them and in the properties of both adapters says Windows cannot install because the drivers are not recognized Error Both adapters are also missing from the adapter page in network settings I have download the most recent versions of the driver and installed no luck I have downloaded previous version of the driver from dell and installed no luck I download the driver directly from Intel and installed no luck Tried a BIOS update nothing Tried to reset to defaults nothing So I decided I would rebuild the is one Windows 31, not NICs weird Error this working 7 machine and SURPRISE that worked for a week and then the problem started again So my first thought is well maybe its a bad motherboard so I swapped the HDD with another Dell E boot it up and NICs not working Windows 7 Error 31, this one is weird both connections are working In the laptop with the drive from the bad laptop it can no longer connect now so the problem is related to windows and follows the drive Does anybody have any idea whats happening hear I am all tapped out of ideas Thanks let me know if you need any additional info Dell E Windows Enterprise auretsky vailresorts com nbsp

A:NICs not working Windows 7 Error 31, this one is weird

"so the problem is related to windows and follows the drive"... Re-install Windows on this drive. Error 31 relates to a bad driver that may be reflected in the device manager

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nics-not-working-windows-7-error-31-this-one-is-weird.200795/
Relevancy 34.4%

So I just got me new PSU and my GTX 760. I started setting everything up, and decided to test the PSU, I plug everything in and the fan spins but only for a second and then stopped. I tried everything and it sill does not work, I used my old 400w psu and everything booted.

Could it be that my motherboard does not support the ATX 12 v2.3?
I believe my motherboard is an ATX 12 v 1.
Or just faulty PSU?
I cant use my GTX 760 on my old PSU because it does not support the pciE plugs. Hopefully sombody can help me. What could be the problem?
Motherboard ASRock H61m-dgs
Processor i5-2300 @2.8ghz
Memory 8gb
Video Card # 1 gtx 650 ti superclocked
Hard Drive # 1 200gb
Optical Drive # 1 none
Power Supply Corsair CX500 500w. and the old one
Monitor benQ
Operating System Windows 7 64bit

Relevancy 60.2%

Earlier today the wifi suddenly stopped working while I was online. I wasn't doing anything extensive, just browsing. The ethernet cable works just fine so I know it's not the internet itself just the wifi. Also, it's not my laptop as another laptop and kindle are unable to connect as well through the wifi but the other laptop can also connect through the ethernet. Is there anything I can do to try to get it working or is the router just burnt out and I need a new one? It's a few years old, a Cisco brand. Thanks.

A:Wifi not working but ethernet does (not laptop)

Try to log in the administrator on your cisco router try to find out if the wireless setting is change or disable...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-not-working-but-ethernet-does-not-laptop.200709/
Relevancy 34.4%

I recently bought a powerline adapter to combat my slow wireless speeds and planned on using it for my PC and XBOX 360 when I occasionally use it. The PC install was easy, it was plug and play no problems just installed the latest MSI ethernet drivers and BAM! Wired network, no problem, but today I come home and I felt like playing some GTA Online, so I unplugged the cable from my PC and into the XBOX and it can't connect. I am using a TP-Link AV500 Nano powerline adapter and a BT Home Hub 4 router. I also made a quick video to demonstrate my problem. As mentioned in the video I can use the internet just fine on my PC, the only problem is with the XBOX. Thanks again -hopgop1 NOTE: Video uploaded to YouTube as for some reason TechSpot doesn't support .3GP so I converted it to .MP4 and it doesn't support that either =[ link

A:Powerline adapter not working on Xbox 360

Have you seen whether the powerline adapter is compatible to XBOX.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/powerline-adapter-not-working-on-xbox-360.200440/
Relevancy 34.83%

This is my first post But I have a problem I do everything that portforward com tells me but it just doesn t work and when I type in cmd quot ipconfig quot it shows a different thing than it is suppose to be Ok this is what It says when I type in quot ipconfig quot to cmd C Users gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Link-local IPv Address fe f d cd b IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address b c Link-local IPv Address fe e d a d d IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e ce f b f ff Link-local IPv Address fe ce f b f ff fefa Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap Home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D D A- Port forwarding working not :( F- A - - AF B A CF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap A F DB -E E- -B A - E BD Media Port forwarding not working :( State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Port forwarding not working :( Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix This Port forwarding not working :( is what it says when I type the default gateway it has provided me into google chrome Oops Google Chrome could not connect to Suggestions Try reloading Search on Google I know what the default gateway is but when I go on it and portforward it just doesn t work I downloaded the port-checker and this is what it said Your External Ip Adress Your external ip adress is quot myip quot Ping Result We were able to ping your router Port Check Result Your port is NOT OPEN or not reachable I was portforwarding awhile back and the way I fixed this was plugging my laptop into a ethernet cable but we moved house and the closest ethernet cable is in the kitchen which is stories down and I don t want to keep my laptop down there to run the server This is what the router says GATEWAY IP Address Subnet Mask DHCP Server Enabled Firewall Disabled UPnP Enabled Wireless Disabled By the way this router is a smc wbra So can you please help Btw I am trying to run a minecraft server Here s a screenshot of the portforwarding http prntscr com bacbg nbsp

A:Port forwarding not working :(

This is EXACLTY what is happening to me and it makes me SO mad. I also need help with this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/port-forwarding-not-working.182343/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi,
Recently I factory reset my windows 8 meta box, but in the reset it also got rid of all my drives, so I went to the meta box website and got all the drivers again, but when I try to connect to my wireless internet, nothing pops up, so I press trouble shoot then it says that I need a Ethernet cable to connect to the internet, and it won't let me change to wireless.
P.S. The windows I am on is windows 8 pro build 9200

Thank you.

A:Ethernet cable problem

Typical conflict; Need to use Either wired OR wifi but not both.
Disable the wired nic and then try to get a wifi connection - - be sure to enable the slide switch (usually on laptops).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-cable-problem.200576/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, so basically I am using a windows 7 computer, and my WiFi doesn't seem to be working. To be exact, my Ethernet cable is working but my wireless isn't... before (a few days ago) it seemed to be working when I restart my computer, or just simply restart my router. But now, when I've tried it about 10 times, the WiFi is still not working :/

Thanks for the help

A:My ethernet is working but internet isn't

What is this computers make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-ethernet-is-working-but-internet-isnt.200381/