Windows Support Forum

Vista crashing "attempt to reset display driver failed"

Q: Vista crashing "attempt to reset display driver failed"

Hi,

My system crashes fairly frequently when I am doing nothing more than browsing the internet with a blue screen saying that an attempt to reset the display driver failed.
Here is additional information from one of the dmp files

Mini092110-01.dmp 21/09/2010 6:45:15 AM 0x00000116 0x892e4510 0x8ee9cf40 0x00000000 0x00000002 nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm.sys+df40 NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 187.66 NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 187.66 NVIDIA Corporation 8.16.11.8766 32-bit C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini092110-01.dmp 2 15 6000
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-crashing-attempt-to-reset-display-driver-failed.951378/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Vista crashing "attempt to reset display driver failed"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 115.32%

Hi I have an Asus G Sx and here are my specs Windows Service Pack CPU TYPE Intel Core i - QM CPU GHz CPU SPEED GHz SYSTEM MEMORY GB VIDEO CARD MODEL NVIDIA GeForce GTX M VIDEO CARD MEMORY GB VIDEO CARD DRIVER nvd dum dll DESKTOP RESOLUTION x HARD DISK SIZE GB Now my and recover reset driver from the to failed." timeout display has "Attempt problem is whenever I boot up my computer and it tries to load windows the screen starts getting crazy green lines http imgur com gbVtBqP goes black and eventually a blue screen pops up http imgur com O IMBJg Now it should be known I have just received my computer back from Asus repair where I RMAd it because the motherboard had to be replaced because it was surged and no longer allowing it to charge We also replaced the hard drive disk The time between "Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout has failed." it stopped charging and I sent "Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout has failed." it and got it back repaired was weeks I never had this problem prior to the motherboard busting and have had it since getting it back When it first happened I thought it was because since I had gotten it back I had not updated my drivers all my data had been erased so I updated to the most recent version and for the most part the problem was fixed until all of a sudden it started again The problem first started occurring while playing games the computer would get the green lines above completely freeze and have to be restarted Then it started to get the green lines black out and come back giving a message saying quot the display driver has failed but now recovered quot or something along those lines but that only happened once Then it happened one more time after that I restarted the computer and the problem persists like shown above I am pretty convinced it is a driver problem as my rampant googling has led me to believe I have tried several different drivers http www nvidia com Download Find aspx lang en-us from the current release and some others that I forget was the only driver that actually allowed me to boot up windows completely although the screen did get those green lines went black but instead of crashing it went to windows Although when I got there the resolution won t let me go above and no games would load Hearthstone Starcraft TF The computer works fine in safe mode and when I have no graphic drivers installed and am using the standard VGA graphics adapter Please someone help me I was away from this computer months after daily use and now I can t even use it properly after getting it back nbsp

A:"Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout has failed."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/attempt-to-reset-the-display-driver-and-recover-from-timeout-has-failed.1134576/
Relevancy 115.01%

The computer I got is second hand and has always been quite unstable. I usually get bsod if I leave the computer running for 15 minutes without any heavy programs in the background (IRQL not less or equal OR memory management). But recently I've been getting them while I play Skyforge. I'll play for 10 minutes then the cursor becomes all glitchy, in game the sky has all these red lines (obvious because of the graphic cards) then after about 30 seconds the screen goes to black. Then the bsod appears and the computer restarts.

I've already done a clean reinstalled of my NVIDIA driver but the problem still persists.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:BSOD playing Skyforge, "Attempt to reset the display driver failed"

Any help??

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/376164-bsod-playing-skyforge-attempt-reset-display-driver-failed.html
Relevancy 107.57%

I bought a XFX HD GB less than weeks ago and has experienced numerous BSOD all with the same error message quot Attempt to reset display driver and recover from "Attempt reset from driver to recover failed display BSOD and time out time out failed quot I've tried various versions of AMD's catalyst driver but it has not resolved my issue I have not attempted to overclock the GPU all factory default settings The BSOD's are not easily reproducible So BSOD "Attempt to reset display driver and recover from time out failed far it's happened only when I play Skyrim BSOD "Attempt to reset display driver and recover from time out failed after maybe minutes of gaming but not always as I've gone longer than that without experiencing the BSOD What happens is that I would see artifacting on the screen long thin triangles pointing to the center of the screen when the artifacting occurs there is a GPU temperature spike it goes to around degrees celcius and then the BSOD The first BSOD I experienced there was no artifacting I had exited Skyrim and launched FireFox and was immediately hit with a BSOD with that error message Using MSI Afterburner to keep track of the GPU temp it normally does not go above - degrees celcius during Skyrim idles at - degrees celcius I can't reproduce the BSOD using GPU stress testing utilities like Furmark and MSI Kombuster highest temperature seen is degress celcius Driver versions I've used installed new GPU uninstalled old nvidia driver cleaned orphan nividia driver files in safe mode using Driver Sweeper installed catalyst driver version Experienced first BSOD in Skyrim uninstalled catalyst cleaned orphan files in safe mode using Driver Sweeper installed catalyst driver beta uninstalled beta cleaned orphan files in safe mod using Driver Sweeper installed catalyst driver beta uninstalled beta used the new AMD driver cleaner utility in safe mode Installed catalyst driver beta I experienced BSOD in Skyrim with all these driver versions based on the pattern described above but never during stress testing using MSI Kombuster of Furmark I've tried reseating the GPU I guess at this point I just need to know if this is a driver issue or hardware issue requiring RMA with the manufacturer Thanks for reading Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -Y B -FW HQ-RJW J Windows Product Key Hash u X EvAiRkoLOF NCJ kRDXaNTI Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM System Builder Windows OS version ID E C -F FA- D- E - C Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E C -F FA- D- E - C lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt O... Read more

A:BSOD "Attempt to reset display driver and recover from time out failed

First please could you post this: Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/277476-bsod-attempt-reset-display-driver-recover-time-out-failed.html
Relevancy 99.82%

I'm experiencing BSID issues apparently due to graphic card Computer vaio vgn-fw mf laptop system windows home premium service pack graphic card The issues started with computer bugs when Alt-tabbing but one day I got a quot Attempt to reset display driver and recover from timeout quot bluescreen and since then the only way to make the computer run properly is from BSOD timeout" and vaio display "Attempt driver to recover reset to disable the graphic card driver from the control pannel The bluescreen does not allways appear but the screen frequently goes black just right after the windows screen or sometimes windows starts but I immediately get continuous Display driver stopped responding and has recovered errors Initially "Attempt to reset display driver and recover from timeout" BSOD vaio I thought that it was a hard drive issue as I've been running the computer several months with an almost full hard drive but now that I freed some HD space free GB out of GB the problem persist I tried to unistall my drivers "Attempt to reset display driver and recover from timeout" BSOD vaio and update them any results I hope not have a hardware issue Please any help will be precious Thanks in advance I attach the DM Log Collector file

A:"Attempt to reset display driver and recover from timeout" BSOD vaio

Hello welcome to SF.
Give me a few minuets and i will look into this for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325916-attempt-reset-display-driver-recover-timeout-bsod-vaio.html
Relevancy 87.73%

Hello,
I have a HP Pavilion dv6 with an Intel i7 720 and an AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics card. The computer is only three months old and every once in a while a blue screen will pop up. The blue screen says: Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed. I believe it is error: 0x0000011E. The blue screen only pops up seldomly while I am on the internet. All but one time it happened when I was watching a video on either Yahoo, ESPN, or Youtube. I recently updated the driver from AMD's website but the problem is still occurring. Any help would be greatly appreciated and let me know if any more information is needed. Thanks.

A:Attempt to reset display driver failed

Did you try to reinstall video driver?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/350554/attempt-to-reset-display-driver-failed/
Relevancy 86.8%

Hello I'm a new user to the forums, over the last few days I have been unable to start my Pc normally. If left to load after the "Starting Windows 7" screen, the Pc either BSODs with "Attempt to reset display driver failed" message appearing or my monitor shows "No signal from Pc". The only current work around for this I've found is to load the computer in safe mode then restart and let it load normally, it doesn't BSOD. If put into sleep mode, on waking up no signal is received, but I can still log in, as I can hear the sound through the speakers.
I am unsure as to whether this is a driver related issue or if it is due to my system now being pretty old.

Thanks for any help in advance

A:BSOD Attempt to reset display driver failed

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa8005376010, fffff88004792efc, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
When the computer refused to boot with a stop 0x116 but boots fine in safe mode, it is definitely a display related issue .... either the driver or the card.

We cannot check the card in safe mode. So first let us try another version of the display driver.

Uninstall the display driver using Display driver uninstaller. Then download and install 13.9 WHQL or 13.1 WHQL. Does it happen the same? Let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349427-bsod-attempt-reset-display-driver-failed.html
Relevancy 86.18%

So anyone got any ideas for this issue? It seems as if though its not hardware related and more driver/software related. I've put my cpu at stock settings underclocked my graphics card changed ram timings and this is a new set of sticks since i replaced them following someones post saying that that was their issue so gave it a try but apparently it isn't go in safe mode uninstall drivers run driver sweep reboot reinstall nothing problem persists and yes i do have the latest mobo/vid drivers.

[CPU] Intel? Core? i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), Overclocked~4.2GHz
[RAM] 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 Triple channel
[MOBO] Asus Rampage II Extreme X58
[GPU] GTX 285 SSC X2 SLI 740/1660/2800
[HDD] WD Velociraptor 300GB x2 raid 0 stripe
[PSU] Corsair 1000HX
[SC] X-FI Titanium
[Case] Lian Li PC-P80
[OS] Windows Vista? Ultimate SP1

Everything looks in order?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/nvlddmkm-sys-display-driver-has-stopped-responding-attempt-to-reset-driver-failed-363262.html
Relevancy 85.87%

Hello people Attachment I'm getting BSOD when trying to play games or trying run DMark I've gotten serveral of different error messages depending on which drivers i've tried to update Now I've updated the latest Nvidia graphic driver from nvidia website sound card driver and the newest BIOS from dell's website I've runned whoCrashed and i got the following result On Thu PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm x C Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA E xFFFFF F C x x Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys product NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version company NVIDIA Corporation description display driver reset to the BSOD failed Attempt nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version Bug check description This indicates that BSOD nvlddmkm.sys Attempt to reset the display driver failed an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA BSOD nvlddmkm.sys Attempt to reset the display driver failed Corporation Google query nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO TDR ERROR On Thu BSOD nvlddmkm.sys Attempt to reset the display driver failed PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module dxgkrnl sys dxgkrnl TdrResetFromTimeout x Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA E xFFFFF F C x x Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers dxgkrnl sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description DirectX Graphics Kernel Bug check description This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Thu PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm x C Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA B D xFFFFF F A C x x Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys product NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version company NVIDIA Corporation description NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version Bug check description This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation Google query nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO TDR ERROR On Thu PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm x A C Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA D C xFFFFF F C x x Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys product NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version company NVIDIA Corporation description NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version Bug check description This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation Google query nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO TDR ERROR On Thu PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm x A C Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA DDF xFFFFF F D C x x Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys product NVIDIA Windows Kernel M... Read more

A:BSOD nvlddmkm.sys Attempt to reset the display driver failed

See STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting to start. If you need further help after that, let us know.

Also, rather than an IR detector or your finger, you can check temperatures using the hardware info sensor readouts. You may have to install it multiple times before it actually runs.

If you have not done driver changes using Driver Sweeper, do the following:

1. Download and install Driver Sweeper
2. Download the latest driver for your nVidia card
3. Click Start Menu
4. Right Click My Computer
5. Click Manage
6. Click Device Manager from the list on the left
7. Click the + next to Display adapter
8. Right click your device
9. Click Uninstall
10. Check the box to Delete driver software for the device
11. Click OK
12. Restart your computer in safe mode
13. Run Driver Sweeper, select nVidia drivers, analyze, clean
14. Restart your computer
15. Install the latest drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202745-bsod-nvlddmkm-sys-attempt-reset-display-driver-failed.html
Relevancy 85.87%

I get blue screen with attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed message.
Windows 7 32-bit Full Retail

A:Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed!

You are correct to update your video driver:

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys (8.15.11.8593, 9,40 MB (9.853.248 bytes), 14.07.2009 00:09)

Are you saying you are not able to update the driver? Are you able to remove the driver? If so, you can use Guru3D to remove traces of NVidia, then reinstall video driver.

Guru3D - removes leftover traces of drivers for NVIDIA (Display and Chipset), ATI (Display), Creative (Sound) Realtek (Sound), Ageia (PhysX) and Microsoft (Mouse)

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/
If this is not the case, let us know.
You should also update your Realtec network driver:
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\rt86win7.sys (7.2.1125.2008, 136,50 KB (139.776 bytes), 10.06.2009 23:18)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/136186-attempt-reset-display-driver-recover-timeout-failed.html
Relevancy 84.94%

I keep getting BSOD during gaming, especially while playing games like DMC devil may cry, hitman absolution. Everytime I get the same bsod message "attempt to reset display driver failed". I have done clean reinstalling the gpu driver but that didn't solve the problem. I am suspecting that this is a overheating problem but I'm not sure, so I would like to get advices here hopefully. Thank you.

A:BSOD while gaming, error *attempt to reset display driver failed*

It's a stop 116.

Please go through: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting and let us know if you were able to meet a resolution.
How to troubleshoot video card problems
NVIDIA DRIVERS 306.23WHQL
Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/277386-bsod-while-gaming-error-attempt-reset-display-driver-failed.html
Relevancy 84.94%

Hi startup, to display driver failed Attempt BSOD on (atikmpag.sys) reset So okay I hope I'm at the right place for this Last year my laptop suffered from BSOD on startup, Attempt to reset display driver failed (atikmpag.sys) a pretty hard crash just when I was opening Spotify pretty strange I managed to get the computer up and running again after many factory resets un installations of drivers and so on Don't remember half the things I BSOD on startup, Attempt to reset display driver failed (atikmpag.sys) did back then But since then I've still suffered from DSODs like every time I restarted the laptop or something like that But after some BSODs I've always got back in the computer so I kept on living with it sort of But recently the laptop just kept on crashing everytime it came on to the quot Welcome quot -loading screen Sometimes it works but its rare but Safemode works fine The error the BSOD throws me is quot Attempt to reset display driver and recover from time out failed quot with the note pointing to atikmpag sys I've searched and tried so many different solutions I would like to think but I feel the need to get some help on this actually Followed the instructions for creating a log and below is my specs Computer Samsung Notebook V A-T OS Windows Home Premium bit CPU AMD A - MX APU with Radeon Graphics RAM GB x GB Samsung Graphics card AMD Radeon M and M Series AMD Radeon HD G

A:BSOD on startup, Attempt to reset display driver failed (atikmpag.sys)

The zip is not containing a lot of necessary info. As it is stated in the OP, it is possible that the crash dumps are not recorded, but we need some other info. Please provide these two .....

► upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
How to Create a System Information File in Windows.

► Take a camera snap of the next BSOD screen and upload it here.

We can start troubleshooting after getting these two.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/392221-bsod-startup-attempt-reset-display-driver-failed-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 84.01%

A week or so ago my Dell XPS laptop screen display win7 to driver BSOD Prevents reset Attempt reinstall. failed. would not turn on BSOD Attempt to reset display driver failed. Prevents win7 reinstall. and BSOD Attempt to reset display driver failed. Prevents win7 reinstall. I had to connect to my external monitor to see anything the display was stretched and every time I tried to run the computer in normal mode this BSOD saying quot Attempt to reset display driver and recover from timeout failed quot then the computer would restart and give me boot menu The only way to get into the computer BSOD Attempt to reset display driver failed. Prevents win7 reinstall. was through safe mode In safe mode I fiddled around a bunch with installing drivers from AMD catalyst since at one point it was missing I couldn't fix it so I decided to format my computer and re-install windows from the disk that came with the laptop The installation process stopped just after the setup said that it's updating registry settings and again the same BSOD appeared which restarted the computer I tried using the driver and utilities disk that came with the laptop but I couldn't figure out how to fix the driver or if I could without windows being installed on the system I want to know if there's any way I can fix the drivers before I install windows SO I can actually install it or if I can somehow get around the BSOD and install windows then fix the drivers with the disk

A:BSOD Attempt to reset display driver failed. Prevents win7 reinstall.

Hello and welcome Drish mate if it were me I would do this then do the drivers
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Alternatively you could try these in safe mode to start with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html

PS Meant to mention it will get rid of the bloatware form Dell too

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/327040-bsod-attempt-reset-display-driver-failed-prevents-win7-reinstall.html
Relevancy 82.15%

Hey, I got my computer last September and it has been working perfectly up until last night when I was watching BBC iPlayer and suddenly it froze, Firefox Crashed, then it froze again and everything went black. Now whenever I try to boot up I get a BSOD saying that it failed to reset the display adapter. I can boot into safe mode and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for my graphics cards. I get an error on the hardware info saying that the AMDA00 driver can't be run. If I manually disable the graphics cards then I can boot with no problems just using the onboard graphics.

I've attached the SF Diagnostic folder, any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Got a shot of the BSOD to finally read the error as:
STOP: 0x00000116 (0xFFFFFA800A89F010, 0xFFFFF8800F3A1034, 0x0000000000000000,0x0000000000000002)
nvlddmkm.sys - Address FFFFF8800F3A1034 base at FFFFF8800F24E000, Datestamp 5267afe

A:BSOD linked to graphics card - "failed to reset the display adapter"

Try other versions of the display driver.
You may try the drivers on a trial and error basis:
320.49 WHQL
327.23 WHQL
331.58 WHWL
331.65 WHQL
331.82 WHQL
332.21 WHQL
Get them from Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Do a clean install on all of them. Uninstall the previously installed driver first.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Download the target WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
Lengthy process, but the only stable version of nvidia is 314.22 lately, which does not support 700 series GPU.

Also, check it physically that the GPU is properly seated in the PCIe slot.

If you anyhow can boot into windows with the GPU on, stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

If no improvement anyhow, we have to accept that the GPU is over.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800a8192f0, fffff8800f3fa034, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+153034 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

6: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800a8192f0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800f3fa034, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+153034
fffff880`0f3fa034 803dee1a730000 cmp byte ptr [nvlddmkm+0x884b29 (fffff880`0fb2bb29)],0

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`055f4888 fffff880`0ff3b140 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0a8192f0 fffff880`0f3fa034 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`055f4890 fffff880`0ff3ae4a : fffff880`0f3fa034 fffffa80`0a8192f0 fffffa80`0a28bd50 fffffa80`09ef0410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`055f48d0 fffff880`0f20ff13 : fffffa80`0a8192f0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a28bd50 fffffa80`09ef0410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`055f4900 fffff880`0f239cf1 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00000179 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`055f49e0 fffff880`0f238437 : 00000000`00000102 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000179 ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322284-bsod-linked-graphics-card-failed-reset-display-adapter.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hello!
I'm trying to reset my PC in hopes that it will fix some issues i'm having with games, however whenever I try to reset my PC it says "Could not find the recovery environment". It says to insert my windows installation or recovery media, but I got windows 10 from the free upgrade (I upgraded from windows 7) so I don't have anything to install it. I could really use any help that anyone could offer. Thanks!

A:"Could not find the recovery environment" on attempt to reset PC

Welcome to the forum you can go an download a iso for usb or dvd Windows 10 ISO Download

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/59133-could-not-find-recovery-environment-attempt-reset-pc.html
Relevancy 101.91%

Hello New to posting here Over the past week I have experienced a BSOD while playing GW At first the screen would go black while playing I could still hear the audio and say no DVI cable was detected I tried unplugging and replugging the DVI cable and tried using an HDMI cable as well but the signal would not return When I would try to reboot it it would bring me to a BSOD saying something along the lines of attempt to reset the display drivers and recovery of timeout had failed It would then fail to boot to windows and I would only be able to boot to safe mode where it presented me with a screen with a BCCode I didn't get the rest of it and not sure if I can bring it up again Figuring this was a driver issue I tried to uninstall display drivers to failed Attempt BSOD - reset and reinstall the latest drivers and even tried to use some older ones to no avail I also tried to move the card GTX to another PCI-e slot but that had no effect either thinking maybe the slot was damaged but BSOD - Attempt to reset display drivers failed that did nothing to fix the issue either The strangest thing is that twice now it would just start working on it's own again and I have no idea what I had done that would cause this BSOD - Attempt to reset display drivers failed I found some other threads that seem to BSOD - Attempt to reset display drivers failed have a similar issue to me but their solutions have not worked for me As requested in the posting instructions I have attached the log from the DM log collector shortly after it started working again Thanks for your help Any assistance would be appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391568-bsod-attempt-reset-display-drivers-failed.html
Relevancy 101.05%

I m not sure what I ve done wrong but my attempts to remove a Antimalware 2010" ro Attempt remove "XP Failed bug seem to have only made things worse First I caught virus -- one of those fake anti-virus programs that keeps running false scans etc It is called Failed Attempt ro remove "XP Antimalware 2010" XP Antimalware I had something like this not long ago and I was able to remove it without too much trouble This time though my attempts to fix the issue have disabled most of my programs When I started seeing the virus popups I tried to follow these instructions http www myantispyware com how-to-remove-xp-antimalware- I followed the steps in version one entering this data into a reg fix file I created with notepad Windows Registry Editor Version -HKEY CURRENT USER Software Classes exe -HKEY CURRENT USER Software Classes secfile -HKEY CLASSES ROOT secfile -HKEY CLASSES ROOT exe shell open command HKEY CLASSES ROOT exefile shell open command quot quot quot quot HKEY CLASSES ROOT exe quot exefile quot quot Content Type quot quot application x-msdownload quot After the reboot however many other programs are no longer working Firefox itunes malwarebytes etc etc etc no longer function I m totally stumped and I think I am out of my depth I m using Windows XP Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-attempt-ro-remove-xp-antimalware-2010.910844/
Relevancy 96.75%

Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed is the error message at the top of the BSOD. Precursory searching has yielded that it's likely an issue with my video driver and that I'm going to need to do a clean sweep of it, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't anything else.

Seems to happen mostly randomly, sometimes while gaming, sometimes while net browsing, and even while idle at night.

*OEM
*System is only around a year or two old
*Windows installation is newer than that, but still the OEM, I reformatted not too long ago.

A:BSOD mostly randomly, 'Attempt to reset the display driver...'

In regards to your Video TDR Error:

Quote: Originally Posted by H2SO4

These are all stop 0x116 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE conditions.

It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception.

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash. As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds. If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating. Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU. Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference. If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

The above quote was taken from http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tml#post280172, which is linked to in usasma's thread about this error. Closely follow the first three posts of usasma's thread outlining STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting and proceed through each step. Let us know if you need further help.
You should also check for a DirectX/graphics card driver/software related problem. DirectX comes installed with Windows, so this may indicate Windows corruption. It may also be that you have corrupted drivers or a graphics card hardware problem.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Check Windows for corruption. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.
Follow the steps for Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX. To re-install your display card drivers as outlined in the DirectX link, use the following steps.
Download the drivers you want for your display card(s)
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Uninstall a program
For AMD:Uninstall AMD Catalyst Install Manager if it is listed (this should remove all AMD graphics software and drivers)
If AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed, use the following method to uninstall the graphics drivers (this applies to onboard graphics, as well):Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK

Restart your computer after uninstalling drivers for all display cards
Install the driver you selected for the display cards once Windows starts

I also note your gaming mous... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232766-bsod-mostly-randomly-attempt-reset-display-driver.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Before few weeks my Dell Laptop N4050 is working fine but late started to get multiple BSOD.

Tried to uninstall old drivers and installed new AMD Drivers but failed.

Now my laptop has become total mess. Please find the attachment containing all the details collected by DM Log Collector.

Please help. A reply will be highly appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/386018-bsod-attempt-reset-display-driver-sudden-crash.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi I m trying to restore my computer to a previous point in time earlier today using the quot throwing restore Vista "not enough status system space" attempt System Restore quot utility After I select my restore point and click on quot Next quot I m noting in the next screen quot Confirm disks to restore quot that my C drive is showing a quot not enough space quot status as opposed to the expected quot Ready to Restore quot status Do I need to Vista system restore attempt throwing "not enough space" status do something as simple as clearing out files from quot temp quot directories To complicate matters slightly I m unable to boot into the Windows GUI When I power up the computer Vista system restore attempt throwing "not enough space" status the quot Startup Repair quot window stating quot Your computer was unable to start quot appears and attempts to correct the problem After a few minutes it reports that it cannot repair the computer automatically and presents me with a quot System Recovery Options quot window Since the initial Startup Repair was unsuccessful I m choosing not to select that option again so I thought the quot System Restore quot option would be the next best approach When I try to perform the System Restore I run into the scenario that I detailed in the first paragraph of this post Any help would be greatly appreciated and I m more than happy to post additional information as required Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-system-restore-attempt-throwing-not-enough-space-status.754352/
Relevancy 95.03%

My system always runned pretty smooth running BF on high setting with no problem but last week my computer got pretty hot playing Borderland and crashed on a BSoD Now every time I start the game after or min playing I crash on the same BSoD Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed I run a Toshiba laptop Qosmio X equipped with a Geforce GTX M -I've tried several drivers roll-back as well as a re-install of the latest version Always the same crash on some older version of drivers the crash only occurs quickly -I've tried re-installing windows same result crash after to min --EDIT-- I've tried the windows hotfix for this problem microsoft fix it http support microsoft com kb But still got the same crash the game only freeze a bit longer before I got the BSoD I run on directx version and my windows Home premium bit is up to date I haven't tried any other game then borderland but before the overheat it was running display BSoD to driver and timeout recover the reset fail from Attempt smoothly The system is running good and I'm not overheating when a crash occurs at least not my CPU cause it's the only one I monitors and my fan don't even run at max speed No BSoD Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout fail lag in BSoD Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout fail game everything is normal before a crash I think the heat may have damage my GPU but I wonder if here is any way to test it or if any other thing I should try before I go on with a GPU replacement I've read on the windows help to try and put a longer timer value for the display driver in the registry but not tried yet I'm not quite sure how to do it correctly I've uploaded the dump file Thanks for BSoD Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout fail help

A:BSoD Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout fail

Okay:

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa805482f010, fffff8800ffd9d1c, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+98bd1c )
So your nvidia Drivers are still flagging up.

Lets try this, Remove all your current Nvidia Drivers, Re-boot and Install These:

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce 337.88 Driver WHQL

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/337415-bsod-attempt-reset-display-driver-recover-timeout-fail.html
Relevancy 95.03%

I've been having an issue the past couple months in which I will be playing a game for around 5-10 minutes and then the screen goes black. After this, one of the following occurs:The screen returns, with the game being played not responding (Happens with less intensive games like Minecraft), a message saying the AMD display driver has recovered is displayed in the bottom right corner
The screen remains black until I ctrl + alt + del and force close the application (Steam games such as CS:GO)
The screen flashes between the game, and a black screen, usually consisting of audio loops, and then eventually freezes into a BSOD with the following message: Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed

I've tried updating my video drivers, monitoring my temperatures, and stress testing, but I can't find a solution.

A:BSOD Playing Somewhat Intensive Games, Attempt to Reset Display Driver

Nobody?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355255-bsod-playing-somewhat-intensive-games-attempt-reset-display-driver.html
Relevancy 95.03%

i have tried reinstalling my amd drivers and updating it but the same thing happens again(BSOD), i have no freaking idea what is causing my computer to blue screen. PLZ HELP MEEEE

i get bsod when im playing games, watching videos on youtube or when i let my computer idle

A:BSOD Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout fail

The zip contains a tmp file only.

Try Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions one more time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371377-bsod-attempt-reset-display-driver-recover-timeout-fail.html
Relevancy 95.03%

I just started to play wow again but i still get bsod's when i logged in i already runned a memtest no errors found here is my dump thank you

A:Bsod world of warcraft Attempt to reset the display driver and recover

All dumps blame nvlddmkm.sys, part of your Nvidia Drivers

Causes:bad RAM, incorrect RAM timings/voltages, bad Graphics card, overheating

Uninstall the Nvidia drivers then use driver sweeper to remove the leftover Nvidia files
Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

Then reinstall the Nvidia drivers:
NVIDIA DRIVERS 258.96 WHQL

Test your RAM; RAM - Test with Memtest86+
If this does not work test the graphics card in another PC

This was likely caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA80042444E0, 0xFFFFF88010169CF8, 0x0, 0x2)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/118508-bsod-world-warcraft-attempt-reset-display-driver-recover.html
Relevancy 95.03%

atikmpag.sys bsod

This error has been occurring randomly over the past 1 year++. It's so frustrating whenever my desktop crashes while I'm gaming. i did a clean reinstallation of my amd drivers with DDU, but i'm still getting the same bsod. I want to find out if it's the graphic card problem or a software problem. PLS HELP!!!!! thanks ALOT

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/402513-bsod-attempt-reset-display-driver-recover-timeout-fail.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Vista system restore attempt throwing quot not enough space quot status Hi I m unable to enough 0x80070070 point attempt restore throwing space" "not system Vista error boot into the Windows GUI When I power up the computer Vista system restore point attempt throwing "not enough space" 0x80070070 error the quot Startup Repair quot window stating quot Your computer was unable to start quot appears and attempts to correct the problem After a few minutes it reports that it cannot repair the computer automatically and presents me with a quot System Recovery Options quot window Since the initial Startup Repair was unsuccessful I m choosing not to select that option again so I thought the quot System Restore quot option would be the next best approach When I try to perform the System Restore I run into the following scenario after I select my restore point and the restoring files activity is complete I recieve and error x and a message citing not enough space My C drive has Gb free so is the lack of space in a partition and if so how can I change it Any help would be greatly appreciated and I m more than happy to post additional information as required Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-system-restore-point-attempt-throwing-not-enough-space-0x80070070-error.1025557/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi I Issue No Invalid Are From Access Address" "There To Files"/"Attempt More ve hit a problem with Windows XP I ve looked around and I haven t been able to find anywhere which offers a "There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue potential solution so I really hope somebody here can help This hit my computer without warning I switched it on this morning and it worked as normal I was using Google Chrome in order to browse websites that were free of spyware the Guardian at time of crash all of a sudden things started to freeze up I restarted the computer and now a lot "There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue of programs are refusing to open - Microsoft Office among others states quot Error There Are No More Files quot whilst other programs such as Google Chrome and Internet Explorer state quot Attempt to Access From Invalid Address quot even when I am running them from their root folders As I ve stated I am running a Dell Latitude with Intel Core Duo T GHz M L Cache MHz Dual Core GB DDR - SDRAM DIMMS Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X and am obviously using Windows XP I have scanned my system with Avast Antivirus which didn t state that there were any viruses so I am stuck as to what exactly the problem is Thanks for reading I really hope that somebody can help nbsp

A:"There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/there-are-no-more-files-attempt-to-access-from-invalid-address-issue.759140/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi I've looked all over the internet in attempt to find a solution to a problem that's just affected my computer and I haven't been More Are Access From Files"/"Attempt To Invalid No "There Issue Address" able to find anything that relates specifically to the problem I'm encountering This hit my computer without warning I switched it on this morning and it worked as normal all of a sudden things started to freeze up I restarted the computer and now a lot of programs are refusing to open - Microsoft Office among others states quot Error There Are No More Files quot whilst other programs such as Google Chrome and Internet Explorer state quot Attempt to Access From Invalid Address quot even when I am running them from their root folders I am running a Dell Latitude with Intel Core Duo T GHz M L Cache "There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue MHz Dual Core GB DDR - "There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue SDRAM DIMMS Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X and am obviously using "There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue Windows XP I have scanned my system with Avast Antivirus which didn't state that there were any viruses so I am stuck as to what exactly the problem is I'd really appreciate some help in figuring out what has happened thankyou so much for your time in reading this

A:"There Are No More Files"/"Attempt To Access From Invalid Address" Issue

I am having the same problem on the same exact hardware. i don't think it could be a hardware issue, but i could be wrong. i have tried repairing windows with no success. i'm thinking the only option is to reinstall windows completely.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/there-are-no-more-files-attempt-to-access-from-invalid-address-issue-302284.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi All, need some help here. Windows 8.1 possible to permanent display "Reset Password" button on logon screen? Current setting u need first enter an incorrect username/password, only the button will be displayed.

Thank you....

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/72488-windows-8-1-permanent-display-reset-password-button.html
Relevancy 92.88%

well i installed the 64 bit drivers for my easycap DC60 eventually, but the problem i have now is that when i change my settings in AMCAP or the program they installed for me, i get an error saying something along the lines of "mini-driver "get" error and "mini-driver "set" error" when i highlight any boxes. Also i have noticed that many boxes are blanked out and different to those of other peoples (youtube tutorials)

any help would be greatly appretiated, thanks guys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-a-mini-driver-set-and-get-error-with-easycap-vista-x64.819710/
Relevancy 91.59%

ok so i just bought Halo and i was cautious at first after seeing such demanding system requirements but mine seemed to meet the minimum requirements so i bought it anyway installed fine went to play but as soon as the screen goes black to load the game it crashes leaving me with an x resolution and an error message saying quot Initialization failed Either insufficient system resources were found to run 2 crashing, initialization" keep "Failed Halo the game or game data is missing or damaged quot etc etc And i tried reinstalling with the same affect restarted plenty of times changed display settings computer performance setting laptop and nothing changes so i'm in need of major assistance here are my specs Acer Aspire Windows Experience Index of AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- GHz Processor MB of RAM NVIDIA GeForce M nForce M Display Adapter Generic PnP Monitor and here are the Halo MINIMUM ststem requirements for comparrison The minimum system requirements to run Halo on Windows Vista is a Windows Experience Index of The recommended system requirements is a WEI of Requires Windows Vista or an XP machine with the following GHz Pentium Class Processor or x GB of RAM GB of hard drive spaceNvidia ATI x video card or aboveDVD-ROM drive I'm stumped

A:Halo 2 keep crashing, "Failed initialization"

Hello Stroder,
You might try updating your graphics driver, i would say your system is just about able to run Halo 2, but it is borderline, i dont think you would have a very good gaming experience though, Good luck.

Here is a link to help you id your Card/Chipset

Download Search Results

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/231626-halo-2-keep-crashing-failed-initialization.html
Relevancy 91.16%

my computer is put together from like a couple other computers but it runs internet and everything fine.
i just put a new graphics card in it but dont have the disk to install it.
when i have the card in the computer prior to turning on the computer the computer will turn on but nothing gets sent to the monitor unless the graphics card is out of the computer when i turn it on and put it in afterwards. the card gets power to it and everything but dont seem to be working.

if anyone can help me that would be super! i miss playing wow THANKS

A:WoW says "failed to find suitable display device exiting program" when I try to play

Hi

you answered your own question, you need the drivers for the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wow-says-failed-to-find-suitable-display-device-exiting-program-when-i-try-to-play.142247/
Relevancy 90.73%

Win 7-64 on Gateway FX6860 i7 system 8gm ram tons of HD space.
========================
Got "Page Failed to Load" error attempting to change my Win7-64bit display resolution.
This used to work, but no more ( don't know what might have caused it)

I ran "sfc /scannow". SFC reported that there were corrupted files that could not be repaired or replaced and to look at CBS.log. I did but can make no sense out of it.

Please find that file attached -- Any help will be appreciated.....

thank you,
Chuck

A:"Page Failed to Load" error attempting to change my Win7-64bit display

Run the system file check again. Sometimes it requires multiple runs. Reboot after each run (or before the first run if you have not rebooted since the last time you ran the check).Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227054-page-failed-load-error-attempting-change-my-win7-64bit-display.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi, just got a new computer with windows 7. so i set up my new desktop computer and installed windows 7. then installed all my world of warcraft discs. but then when i tried to log in, it said "Failed to find Suitable Display Device". What do i do?

here is the system info:

Operating System: Windows 7 home Premium 64-bit ( 6.1, Build 7600 )

Language: English

System Manufacturer: To be Filled by O.E.M.

System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.

BIOS: Default system BIOS

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz (2 CPUs), ~ 2.9GHz

Memory: 4096 MB RAM

Page File : 856MB used, 5658MB available

DirectX Version: DirextX 11

Device:

Name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter

Manufacturer: (Standard Display Types)

Chip Type: 8 bit

Approx. Total Memory: n/a

Current Display Mode: 800 x 600 (32 bit) (1Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Drivers:

Main Driver: vga

Version: 6.1.7600.16385

WHQL Logo'd : n/a

DDI Version: Unkown

Driver Model: Unkown
Any help please?

Relevancy 90.73%

I just recently got a computer to work, hard drive crashed and i replaced it. I did everything myself with the little knowledge i have about computers and managed to get it right. I had thought i finished dealing with problems with this computer but now, after downloading WoW and waiting nearly 10 hours for the updates to finish.. It tells me "Failed to find suitable display device" seconds after hitting play. Someone please help?

My EVEREST report is attached.

A:"failed to find suitable display device" for WoW. Please help.

Looks like you don't have the video driver installed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/failed-to-find-suitable-display-device-for-wow-please-help-555146.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Everytime I try to open Google Earth Starcraft or run a Nvidia stability test the application freezes the screen goes black for a few seconds and the above message pops up along with error code quot quot I also somtimes get quot display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot which then crashes and recovers several times until the whole lost driver display OpenGL has fix do "Nvidia I How connection driver" with crash the computer crashes and I get blue screened It always happens with ten seconds of How do I fix "Nvidia OpenGL driver has lost connection with the display driver" crash opening one of those programs I have tried updateing my graphics drivers clean installing older drivers editing the registry turning off Aero and using system restore Nothing works and I am out of ideas Here are my specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor How do I fix "Nvidia OpenGL driver has lost connection with the display driver" crash Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN Napa HP P N ULSL Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-fix-nvidia-opengl-driver-has-lost-connection-with-the-display-driver-crash.1014776/
Relevancy 89.44%

I am getting a power on reset consistently now when I try to launch the Micromedia shockwave player. I get either a driver error with "Process has locked pages" or a graphics driver error with "Thread stuck in device driver". I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything. updated the graphics driver, even swapped out the graphics driver card. But the problem persists.. I have run all diagnostics with no help... Ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-power-on-reset-with-a-driver-error.241685/
Relevancy 89.01%

I have a Yiynova tablet monitor and its been working fine for about a month. I recently tried to download the beta version of a NVIDIA GeForce update (bad idea) and had to reinstall a previous version. After that, things started to go south for my tablet.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the tablet driver, and tried to plug it in a different USB port and it came up with the same message.

Is there a step that I'm missing?

I have dual screen setup, and that's working fine, but the driver that senses the pen just isn't installing, even though I installed the driver program.

I appreciate any ideas on how to fix this.

A:Yiynova tablet monitor "device driver failed to install"

The problem wasn't solved, but I believed I narrowed down the problem. The driver doesn't seem to fully install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/329952-yiynova-tablet-monitor-device-driver-failed-install.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I "failed install to SiS audio for 7012 Windows device driver XP" formatted my computer installed winxp sp and the driver for my multimedia device was SiS 7012 audio device "failed to install driver for Windows XP" lost i ran everest to check what it was and its SiS audio device an odd thing was when it said my motherboard name is unknown its a laptop I downloaded different drivers but non of them were succesful i tried installing one and a failure error pop up quot failed to install driver for windows xp quot check link or thumbnail i tried installing winme exe for windows ME driver but it didnt work tried changing install directories but didnt work either i donwloaded drivers from SIS home page but didnt work either please help i am most concerned about my sound device rather than the mother board here are my specs http img imageshack us my php image failed wm jpg Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset SiS FX System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type AMI Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter ATI Mobility Radeon M M D Accelerator ATI Mobility Radeon M M Multimedia Audio Adapter SiS Audio Device Storage IDE Controller SiS PCI IDE Controller Disk Drive TOSHIBA MK GAX GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R DVD x x x CD x x x DVD-RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free D NTFS MB MB free Total Size GB GB free BIOS Properties Vendor American Megatrends Inc Version Release Date Size KB Boot Devices Floppy Disk Hard Disk CD-ROM ATAPI ZIP LS- Capabilities Flash BIOS Shadow BIOS Selectable Boot EDD BBS Smart Battery Supported Standards DMI APM ACPI ESCD PnP Expansion Capabilities ISA PCI AGP USB nbsp

A:SiS 7012 audio device "failed to install driver for Windows XP"

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go to your laptop manufacturers website. You should be able to get your drivers there.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sis-7012-audio-device-failed-to-install-driver-for-windows-xp.48108/
Relevancy 89.01%

Greetings all I monitor installation of apps uninstall loop with "forcedelete" device-driver Failed with Systrace and Comodo Programs Manager Using the latter which includes the ability to uninstall Drivers I ve encountered a disastrous problem Specs Dell Inspiron laptop Intel x GHz GB DDR GB HDD GB free Windows Ultimate bit fully patched updated and maintained Norton IS Malwarebytes Mamutu Windows Firewall regularly run Kaspersky ESET etc scanners offline No malware Have third-party apps installed for reference testing and troubleshooting others computers Problem Using Comodo Programs Manager CPM I uninstalled Failed device-driver uninstall with "forcedelete" loop Windows Mobile Device Driver which required a reboot to Failed device-driver uninstall with "forcedelete" loop complete and now I cannot boot the system The Windows logon screen appears a message displays saying CPM s quot Force delete jobs completing quot The system freezes there with a black screen the mouse cursor responds but there is no other activity Even the LED showing HDD activity ceases Attempted solutions -- Safe Mode s Last Known Good Config etc Startup Repair System Restore has been disabled To make matters worse I carelessly began to run Windws installation repair as though it was XP Before I caught the mistake and cancelled had already begun to copy files Now I have the SystemRoot as quot windows windows quot -- BCD rebuild successful but still have the quot windows windows quot -- SFC starts but will not complete from Windows RE Command Prompt Tried c d and e -- Using Windows RE Command prompt ran regedit- gt File- gt Load Hive and navigated to quot Comodo Program Manager quot installation directory and moved it to another folder on C drive hoping that would break the call to the quot Force delete jobs completing quot No Luck I have looked into all the quot fixes quot suggested on the publisher s Forum website including the seemingly non-existent quot forcedelete txt quot Registry hacks and quot cnat exe quot solutions No backup image is available and reinstalling all those apps updates tweaks etc etc is not an option Suggestions would be most appreciated Thanks P S Before you guys amp gals pillory me for no backup this drive WAS my Acronis TrueImage clone nbsp

A:Failed device-driver uninstall with "forcedelete" loop

"Have 350+ third-party apps installed for reference, testing and troubleshooting others' computers"... You should keep these on a separate hard drive or on an optical disk, but you actually know this already don't you You computer should be set up to easily reloaded as mine is, in case of a "disastrous problem" like you are having now. There's really no excuse

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-device-driver-uninstall-with-forcedelete-loop.181803/
Relevancy 89.01%

"Failed to access NetBT driver"

Well after looking around for an answer to this same problem I came across your forums which offered a whole bunch of alternatives which didn't work for me (in another closed thread).
Just letting you know the answer for me in the end for this problem was that it was a virus living in:

C:\windows\system32 called mssnger.exe

The virus is set as being hidden so you'll need to enable the viewing of hidden files to see it.

Use a program like hijackthis from www.merijn.org to remove the dodgy reg key. (It'll contain the word mssnger.exe)
And use something like moveonboot to set the file for deletion on next startup if you are having problems deleting it.

Hope this helps anyone who is having the same problem with NetBT.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-access-netbt-driver-a-different-solution-to-all-the-usual-ones.74994/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello I ve been experiencing multiple bluescreens daily and what s odd about them is they occur randomly while using many programs however I have noticed that they occur more frequently directly after opening a new tab loading a new site or running a game StarCraft II Looking through Event Viewer I see a list of warnings and errors immediately prior to the BSOD In chronological order PM CRITICAL- quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly quot PM WARNING- quot The driver Driver WUDFRd failed to load for the device USB VID amp PID amp af f amp amp quot PM ERROR- quot The previous system shutdown at PM on amp amp amp was unexpected quot PM ERROR- quot The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x a x e e x x to device" "\Driver\WUDFRd Multiple daily the failed load BSOD for xfffff a A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Multiple BSOD daily "\Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device" Report Id - - quot PM Multiple BSOD daily "\Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device" ERROR- quot Audit events have been dropped by the transport quot I also get this warning quite often quot The maximum file size for session quot ReadyBoot quot has been reached As a result events might be lost not logged to file quot C Windows Prefetch ReadyBoot ReadyBoot etl quot The maximum files size is currently set to bytes quot I m running Windows Professional -bit SP Previously I thought it was my NVIDIA M GT graphics card driver but the problem persisted even after uninstalling the driver So I m not sure if it has anything to do with the card anymore Can anyone help me get to the bottom of this If any other information is needed let me know and I ll get on it nbsp

Relevancy 88.15%

Well, I have a big problem. I have a laptop that was manufacturer by TOSHIBA with Vista Home Premium OS. And I haven't used it in awhile, so I kinda forgot the Windows Login Password. It's only one account on it, the "Administrator" account. So the problem is I need to login on that laptop, but sadly, I didn't make a "reset disk" for the password on it. Is there anyway I can ever log back onto it? Please Help.

KenzCM

A:Windows Vista Login Password Forgotten - No Reset Disk Was Made: "Needs Help"

Originally Posted by KenzCM

Well, I have a big problem. I have a laptop that was manufacturer by TOSHIBA with Vista Home Premium OS. And I haven't used it in awhile, so I kinda forgot the Windows Login Password. It's only one account on it, the "Administrator" account. So the problem is I need to login on that laptop, but sadly, I didn't make a "reset disk" for the password on it. Is there anyway I can ever log back onto it? Please Help.

KenzCM

Kenz

Do you have the vista DVD? If so you can boot from the dvd and during the setup there is a key combo (shift-F10) that varies from mfr to mfr. That will get you to the command prompt. You may not need to run as admin but just in case this is how>>>> ( right click the top bar and run as admin) type net user administrator /active:true

that will enable the built in hidden admin account. reboot logon change password.

Let us know if this doesn't work

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/257309-windows-vista-login-password-forgotten-no-reset-disk-made-needs-help.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I just booted up my Vista x PC ten minutes ago and got a bit of a scare One of the applications I have set to launch automatically on startup popped up its initialization window as if it was the first time it was being used with this account Vista user boot after "reset" Vista user account A few other applications hadn't launched at all probably indicating that they would need to Vista "reset" user account after boot be set to do so manually for each user just like my mouse settings were different Vista "reset" user account after boot back to default and my user icon in the start menu had changed I didn't investigate further Vista "reset" user account after boot but promptly logged out where the login screen again showed the correct icon for the default account - and there's only one aside from quot guest quot and logged back in where I could fortunately take a sigh of relief as everything was back to normal again Has anyone ever had this happen I've never seen it myself in the year and a half I was using Vista -bit on my laptop

A:Vista "reset" user account after boot

Hello Miths,

Did you see something like this error message when that happened?

User Profile Error - Logged on with a Temporary Profile

Your user profile was not loaded correctly! You have been logged on with a temporary profile.

Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off. Please see the event log for details or contact your administrator.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/225367-vista-reset-user-account-after-boot.html
Relevancy 87.72%

First off I have Windows XP on an HP dv t laptop Alright about an hour ago I failed driver "Video initialize" to left my laptop alone in another room while I ws studying so it wouldn t bother me Well after I finished studying I came to check something on my laptop and I noticed it had been turned off I know no one came and turned it off and I also know it doesn t automatically shut down when it s inactive it only goes into hibernation this is the second time it s randomly shut off like this but this time "Video driver failed to initialize" a problem came up when I tried to restart it After I booted it up again it got past the Windows XP loading display and instantly goes into a blue sreen that reads Video driver failed to initialize STOP x B Every time I try to restart the laptop now it gives me that same message after the XP load screen I ve tried loading it in safe mode with all the different safe mode settings and I also tried the enable VGA mode I saw that as a suggestion on a toppic like this last year here but all that mode does is lead me to another blue screen that reads IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I really don t know what to do now I ve tried using the system restore but when I try the default restore it gives me the quot Video driver failed to initialize quot blue screen I don t even want to attempt the full format becasue I just recently finished putting new pictures and videos onto my laptop that I haven t had a chance to back up I know stupid me Is there any other option at this point I m going to try to call HP support tomorrow when I know it s open I ll check if they have a hour suport line though but I want returning my laptop to be restored to be a VERY last resort Any help would be much appareciated thanks Edit Hold the presses The system recovery disk might be working this time I ll tell you what happens but I d still appreciate some outside help if possible Edit I also have a question about the randomly shutting down part now I know I should buy an uninterrubtible power supply for the laptop but does this kind of stuff normally happen I remember the first time it shut off it was plugged into a wall in my room and that was the only thing that seemed to shut down nbsp

A:"Video driver failed to initialize"

Hi and welcome. Not too many options on a laptop. I'd go with the call to the support desk. My bet is that something overheated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-driver-failed-to-initialize.502964/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hope this query is in the right section -tried to use my LDS 1881 England Census CDs last night - but having problems with the Viewer.

I have V4 which up to now has worked perfectly - tried to re-install it
and I keep getting "Failed to extract file "Dll_ini" from binary table"
error message.

BUT no problems on my laptap which has the Viewer installed from the
same CD.

Have had a few problems with computer of late - it was in the workshop
3 weeks ago because of some corrupt Windows files - could that be the
problem?

Grateful for any advice, suggestions as to what to do!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-error-failed-to-extract-file-dll_ini-from-binary-table.354576/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello,

I'm getting the message "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." when watching video files or online video streams. I'm sure this is not linked to temperatures or high usage, as I can run FSX with maximum settings for hours at a time without anything bad happening. I have tried several different versions of video drivers (card is EVGA GTX 580 DS), and I've also taken off all overclocking from both the card and the CPU. Please advise, as I'm totally lost as to what to try next.

Regards,

Arut

A:"Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding" only when watching video

How old the graphics card is? Is it under warranty?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260932-display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding-only-when-watching-video.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi.
I have an XPS15 that has been "upgraded" to Windows 10 but I am constantly getting this error. I have attempted to find updated drivers, and I found one from Sept. 2015, but I'm still getting the same problem. It is incredibly frustrating. Help. 

A:XPS15 error: "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"

Hi BUTTERNUTS,
What is the exact system model? When did the issue start? Was the issue seen when the system was on Win 8 or only after you upgraded to Win 10?
If the system was working fine earlier while on Win 10, then perform a system restore to restore the system to a point where it was working fine - http://bit.ly/1JEw2ov
For XPS 9530:
Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/1Qpam2M and reinstall the Intel video driver from the same site. If the issue persists, then uninstall the existing video driver and install the driver from Intel site - http://intel.ly/1h4oaGT
For XPS 9550:
Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/1XOjEeg and reinstall the Intel video driver from the same site. If the issue persists, then uninstall the existing video driver and install the driver from Intel site - http://intel.ly/1qEcrCW
If the issue is not resolved, then create a new local admin account and check - http://bit.ly/1JoFhcw
If the issue is seen only on Win 10 and was working fine on Win 8.1, then downgrade to Win8.1 and check - http://bit.ly/1RMaCdK
You could later perform a clean install of Win10 and check - http://bit.ly/1VxGDgb
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19682601
Relevancy 86.86%

This has already been brought up here but I wanted to put it again because I m having difficulty with it at the current moment and I was having trouble understanding what was put in the response to the other one Basically I started playing Perfect World International At first I played at my friend s place but now I ve started driver to managed "Display igfx and responding has stopped recover" playing on my own laptop I downloaded and played for the first time on my laptop As I was playing the screen went black After a second it went back to normal and it said quot Display driver igfx has stopped responding and managed to recover quot Now this happened multiple times "Display driver igfx has stopped responding and managed to recover" After a while it became impossible to play as it was happening so frequently I restarted and was able to play again without problem for a few more minutes before it started once again I really don t know what to do what do you recommend nbsp

A:"Display driver igfx has stopped responding and managed to recover"

Video driver is stalling, as part of Vista's new WDDM pipeline Windows will just restart the driver. You should update your video card driver and DirectX too, do you know what GPU aka video card your using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver-igfx-has-stopped-responding-and-managed-to-recover.911498/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello I recently got bsod's after installing amd drivers it happens when browsing gag watching youtube etc and playing games Bsod error message says atikmdag sys and sometimes atikmpag driver Problem stopped and responding Bsod and "Display recovered" sys It got it fixed when i deleted all amd drivers with Display driver Bsod and "Display driver stopped responding and recovered" Problem uninstaller And installed older drivers But the problem with the older drivers is that i get quot Bsod and "Display driver stopped responding and recovered" Problem Display driver has stopped responding and recovered quot Error message And it sometimes crashes my games and i have to restart them wich is kinda annoying on competitive games Things i've tried -Removing and installing drivers different versions -Expanding atikmdag sy to atikmdag sys and renaming the other one atikmdag sys old etc -Updating gpu bios drivers Idk if i succeeded So any possible solutions for one of the two or why not for both of them People tell me to Bsod and "Display driver stopped responding and recovered" Problem download new drivers to fix the error message but if i download newer drivers i get bsod All help is much appreciated

A:Bsod and "Display driver stopped responding and recovered" Problem

I ran memtes86 with 1 full pass and no errors, changed ram slots but the error message still keeps appearing.

Edit: I was monitoring my gpu temperatures and usage with Cpuid and saw that my gpu usage was randomly jumping from 0% to 40-60 and back, is it just bug or could that be the problem?

Edit2: Everytime the error appears my gpu usage jumps up to 65%

Edit3: Gpu doesn't crash under stress test so i guess it is driver related? Older driver versions 13.x and older = crashes but no bsods . 14.x and newer= bsods but no display crashes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373329-bsod-display-driver-stopped-responding-recovered-problem.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Every now and then (approximately once every 1-2 weeks) my laptop will start flickering black and then showing the normal screen, though I can't actually click on anything, whilst in the bottom right hand corner it'll say "Display Driver igfx stopped responding and has recovered". It'll do this for about a minute until it brings up a BSOD.

-Hardware approximately 4 years old

-CPU: Intel Centrino Duo ---> ( Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5300 @ 1.73GHz, 1733MHz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) )

-Video Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family

-Laptop: Toshiba Equium A100-02L

-Power Supply: Toshiba - Input: 100-240V ~ 1.5A 50-60Hz
- Output: 15V ------ 5A

A:BSOD after "Display Driver igfx has stopped responding.." loop

Have you download and installed new graphics drivers from the Intel Download Center? If not, please do that ASAP - http://downloadcenter.intel.com

Your C:\ drive has only 2% free space in the PERFMON report. Please free up 8 gB of space (that'll give you about 15% free space).

Your memory is experiencing excessive pagination. This means that you don't have enough RAM to run the system effectively (the systeminfo report shows only 94 mB free). A mature installation of Vista requires a minimum of 2 gB of RAM to function properly (you only have 1 gB). Also, with this amount of RAM you can't afford to have any programs starting when you start the computer - and you can't affort to have more than 1 program running at a time.

There are no memory dump files in the files that you attached. I'd suspect that this is because of the RAM issues that you're having. Luckily there is some information about the Blue Screens in the MSINFO32 report.

You are having STOP 0x117 errors, with a smattering of STOP 0x116 and 0x10e errors. All involve video, which isn't surprising since you've described video errors occurring.

Once you've updated the video drivers, make sure that you blow the vents out with canned air (in both directions) and verify that the fan is working. DO NOT use an air compressor or vacuum cleaner as they can cause damage to the system.

Please update all drivers for your system from the Toshiba website. There are quite a few from 2006 and they may not be compatible with the latest Windows Updates.

If this doesn't fix the issues, then have a look at this troubleshooting guide: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting - Windows 7 Forums

If we are to continue to work on this system, please remove BitTorrent, LimeWire, and any other P2P/file sharing programs that may be installed. This is in accordance with the forum rules. Feel free to reinstall it after we're done.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-after-display-driver-igfx-has-stopped-responding-loop-548033.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I've been having problems with artifacts sprinkled dots and rainbow-ish shapes popping and errors has stopped recovered" responding driver "display Laptop up on my screen whenever I put my laptop to any more demanding use like games videos hi-res images etc This leads to the system hanging up repeated quot Driver stopped responding and recovered errors quot and eventually a blue screen If I shutdown my computer Laptop "display driver stopped responding and has recovered" errors and restart it it tends to go away for a few days before returning to normal I ran the Furmark stress test and it immediately caused the above symptoms and I had to stop it I'm aware that this kind of problem may have several possible causes I'm hoping maybe someone with a similar system see my system specs has overcome this I'm open to any suggestions at this point Edit Wow great timing I was just trying to play Osmos just now and I got an error message I never noticed before The game froze up and the quot driver stopped responding quot message came up but this time I got an Nvidia Open GL error that said quot The NVIDIA OpenGL driver lost connection with the display driver and is unable to continue The application must close Please visit http www nvidia com page support html for help Error code quot

A:Laptop "display driver stopped responding and has recovered" errors

Update the driver to latest and check gpu temps

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/251069-laptop-display-driver-stopped-responding-has-recovered-errors.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hey guys, just built a new system with two HD4850 ATI cards and Vista 64. Every so often, my screen flickers and I get the now infamous "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error message. It is getting quite annoying. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Thank you!

A:ATI Drivers causing "display driver stopped responding" errors

Are you using the latest driver set from ATI? Version 8.9? If not I would suggest downloading it from their website and uninstalling your current ones and installing the more up-to-date version.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/185740-ati-drivers-causing-display-driver-stopped-responding-errors.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Acer E1-571: Windows 8.1, 2.4 GHz Intel i3, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 4000

So I recently recovered my computer from corrupt display drivers by booting into safe mode and uninstalling the bad drivers. So Windows is working good as ever except the fact that I have no official drivers installed. So I downloaded the latest drivers from the Intel website and when I try to install the drivers from Device Manager it gives me an error saying the "configuration registry database" is corrupt. I tried running the installer from safe mode and even tried older drivers to no avail. I also backed up my registry and ran Ccleaner on it. Is there anything else I can do? I sadly don't have any restore points for it. Thanks in advance.

A:Can't install display driver "configuration registry database corrupt"

See if this tutorial helps: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/317765-cant-install-display-driver-configuration-registry-database-corrupt.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi everyone I m afraid I am having some rather depressing problems with my laptop Last week I had installed some bits and bobs and a couple of new software packages for my new GoPro camera Not long after I had a few video card crashes Figuring it crashes responding" "Display browser Driver stopped & constant was something to do with "Display Driver stopped responding" & constant browser crashes the software or drivers that had been installed I uninstalled the new software and rolled back my video card driver This didn amp t help so I updated drivers to new and I still got some periodic crashes I decided to reformat and start again Backed everything up and was up and running again a few hours later It was all good for about half an hour and then the same problem persisted amp random video "Display Driver stopped responding" & constant browser crashes card crashes which produced the error amp Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered amp as well as Firefox keeps crashing pretty consistently I amp ve tried IE as well and both IE amp Firefox crashes persistently and frequently So with Firefox crashing every minutes and the video card crashing every minutes I amp m beginning to think something is seriously wrong I just don amp t understand what could have happened amp there has not been any damage to the laptop but as a clean install didn amp t fix my problems am I to presume that there is something wrong inside It is probably worth mentioning a couple of other anomalies which are occurring Firstly sometime I get random weird lines randomly on the screen amp mainly around the edges of menus or toolbars Sometimes black lines appear on the screen or other weird stuff I amp ve attached a couple of examples in a Word document These are most likely related to a video card fault I fear Also when I do manage to get a browser open for more than minutes and I try to download various files I very often get an error when trying to open the file can amp t remember the exact error but Google told me corrupt or incomplete download amp this problem is random and only sometimes happens I amp m willing to take any suggestions Any advice would be greatly appreciated on anything I could do to try and remedy the situation Thanks Luke nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver-stopped-responding-constant-browser-crashes.1133211/
Relevancy 86.86%

I just resolved an issue I had with the wireless connectivity of my Acer notebook computer and now I am getting strange error messages. When I try (not every instance) to open device manager I will get the message "Failed to open empty document." From there I will occasionally get "Parser" messages that say "Value creation failed at line 843" or "line 422." I read what I could find about these messages and it points to MMC as the cause. How do I go about fixing this annoying problem if anyone knows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-to-open-empty-document-parser-error-messages.653756/
Relevancy 86.86%

E GHz Gigabyte GA- PVM-S H Corsair x GB The : nightmare responding" XYZ called stopped "Display driver DDR MHz W The nightmare called : "Display driver XYZ stopped responding" PSU which supplies A combined on x V The nightmare called : "Display driver XYZ stopped responding" rails GeForce GTS GB DK version Win bit Ultimate Bios settings default nothing OCed When Im in windows browsing internet or listening to the music everything is fine CPU idles at deg C graphics at deg C Everything is stable and looking really good I was really happy The nightmare called : "Display driver XYZ stopped responding" liked win as well as my new old-spec computer I installed COD on this machine and the nightmare started No matter what settings I set in options menu the game was freezing after - secs I could hear the sound still working but the picture was still Alt-tab didn t work Ctrl Alt Del did work managed to have a look at task manager switched back to COD and it was ok but only for the next - secs Then it froze again I could do this Ctr Alt Del thing as many times as I wanted to be able to go back into the game and then play it for - secs Within this time gap I could go back to menu change settings exit game without any problems But if I messed about with this out-to-windows and back-into-cod stuff after a few cycles I got the message from win that the Displaydriver XYZ stopped responding and has recovered where XYZ is the number of my graphics card s driver installed So I uninstalled the drivers for my gfx in safe mode using sweeper and installed different ones on Tried older version of drivers newer ones win vista bit win bit It didn t have any impact on the performance in COD Still the same problem Then I started looking at what happens to my gfx during these crashes GPU load but read on internet that GPU-Z doesn t always show it correctly temp deg C CPU load on core on the second one temps on cpu - deg C Tested my graphics card with video card stability testing software passed max temp during test deg C upped the fan speed to just like it was suggested somewhere on web same problem with COD I even did prime torture test stopped it after hours no problems whatsoever Then I took my gfx out and tried running COD on the onboard gfx same thing I installed the COD on my wife s machine a bit stronger spec only weaker gfx same Win no problems whatsoever Didn t try any other games since I haven t got any more Any suggestions please Has anyone experienced similar problem and managed to solve it Im really frustrated with this now browsed the internet a lot to find the solution Some people managed to get this sorted by RMAing their mobo or gfx or just upping the fan speed manually setting ram timings or reinstalling drivers for some older drivers worked for others the newish ones there is no logic behind it or even going back to vista xp Perhaps the only and in this case the easiest solution is to swap the machines with my wife but I would rather get this problem sorted instead of getting simply beaten by it Thanks

A:The nightmare called : "Display driver XYZ stopped responding"

This error is usually related to bad RAM/GPU
Test your RAM: RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Or consider RMAing the card

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/127929-nightmare-called-display-driver-xyz-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi there I am new here responding and driver stopped recovered" "Display error and I am not computer guru So I ran the test earlier today and everything was fine Max temperature after minutes running the test was as far as I can remember not more than "Display driver stopped responding and recovered" error it stayed stable with only degree difference from time to time till I stopped the test I am with Palit Gtx Sonic Platinium video card So I didn't take a screen because I thought everything was fine Seven hours later I ran the "Display driver stopped responding and recovered" error test again and then suddenly here is what happened Actually I bought my computer recently I am using Win bit I had that problem and here is what I have done Reinstalling drivers from different sources - Palit Nvidia and "Display driver stopped responding and recovered" error disc drivers Tried older versions Reinstalling Windows - putting first the drivers of the video and then the drivers of other devices with the purpose to try to detect if there is a driver conflict Talked with the distributor which sold me that video card and they changed it with a brand new one The same model The first video card had that TDR problem quite often This one not that often The first one was able to force the TDR crash in two ways -no need of those test I installed a game called - World of Warcraft and I tested it there was where i experienced TDRs for first time After that I found out that I can force them to happen also when I am testing the quot Windows experience index quot - usually happens on the D Geometry and some other D tests Somewhere in the internet I read that it was due to a low core voltage so here comes the I increased the core voltage a little bit to with afterburner program But this didn't help at all - this is considered for the first video card Now I am kinda desperate It cannot be from the vide card to be malfunctioning because it was changed with new one It is not the driver too As you can see the first time it passed the test of the FurMark with no reclamations second time it failed Sometimes it passed windows experience index without a problem other times it is experiencing TDRs P S Here are the parts I am using - everything is brand new recently bought i - Ghz Asrock extreme gen Palit GTX Sonic Platinium Corsair Vengeance x gb dual channeled CL Seasonic W Bronze Box - Thermaltake RX-I May be this is not the place to talk about that problem So I apologize in advance but try to put yourselves in my socks - I am desperate Thank you in advance Best regards

A:"Display driver stopped responding and recovered" error

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Try the steps in this post.
STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

I'll ask this post to be moved to it's own thread where it will get more attention.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/215175-display-driver-stopped-responding-recovered-error.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

This event happens intermittently on some days, in any program, but in particular with Videolan VLC. This is a well known issue with lots of web posts, going back to 2010 and without a definitive method to identify the source.

This is not a gaming computer, and the video card is 18 months old Nvidia GT 620, with the latest Nvidia driver installed, powering a late model LG 21" LCD monitor. I tried three older Nvidia drivers as well, but they didn't help.

I replaced the HDMI cable to the monitor, installed a more powerful power supply. I am sure that this is a Windows 7 problem because this never happens when I boot into Linux Xubuntu, where I am using the generic Xorg Nouveau driver because Nvidia drivers are not nearly as good in Linux as they are in Windows.

A:Another post about "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding"

Hello inuew mate just out of curiosity what is the RAM usage in Task Manager > Performance showing?? Personally I would be inclined to try upping the RAM to 4GB but thats your call.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/398196-another-post-about-display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello New to this forum and need help with video display driver issue Platform -month old Dell XPS running Vista Ultimate SP x with ATI Radeon HD graphics card Gb RAM Quadcore chipset month ago started having quot blue screen quot restarts of the OS error code e for no reason Tech'd via Dell YTT quot bad hardware quot - gt Dell replaced MoBo memory No problems for weeks Another blue screen code e again last Sunday Extensive troubleshoot w Dell including running Diagnostics installing and running Windows Debugger etc quot bad video hardware or drivers quot - gt installed new er video driver downloaded from Dell website AND Dell replaced video card Immediately began having new problem instead of quot blue screen quot and Vista restart now have intermittent loss of video display goes to pixelated colors then black then recovers the error code quot video hardware quot and the error message in system needed stopped help atikmdag - driver responding..." "Display tray quot Display driver atikmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot FWIW this seems to occur shortly after a reboot or system restart and even with only "Display driver atikmdag stopped responding..." - help needed browser open I do not have gaming software TV tuner dual monitors or other "Display driver atikmdag stopped responding..." - help needed hardware software Most recent call to Dell today they seem to have no clue and advise OS reinstall claiming the registry must be somehow corrupted after THEY blundered through the driver uninstall reinstall update and may not have followed the completely correct steps to do all this from what I read at the ATI site After some research on my own it seems this is a pretty commmon occurrence with Vista and ATI video cards I have seen proposed causes and fixes that run an extensive gamut such as a MS patch KB disabling Aero uninstalling the Catalyst Control Suite just install video display driver changing the display color scheme to default a simple logoff-logon after system start installing RivaTuner etc I also found an even newer driver suite for this video card on the AMD website and am considering uninstalling the version we installed this week and replacing it with this newer version I'm not a computer-illiterate but I'm no engineer and this hardware driver stuff is a bit over my head especially with such a range of quot solutions quot and fixes quot Aside from NOT reinstalling the OS which my gut told me was NOT going to solve the problem and would only cost me days of lost time and productivity what has worked well for others with this problem And forgive me if there's already an extensive thread on this I couldn't seem to locate it Thanks much in advance

A:"Display driver atikmdag stopped responding..." - help needed

Hi, welcome to the forums

You should go herel Drivers & Tools | GAME.AMD.COM and download the first option which is 47MB in size and called the Catalyst Software Suite This will update all the software for your video card.

Next click on the link in my sig and do everything there, that will update vista and reduce compatability errors and improve speed.

Once you've done all that (it will take several hours) if your still having problems then come back here.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/224914-display-driver-atikmdag-stopped-responding-help-needed.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi I'm having a really annoying issue where the only working driver I can use is the quot Microsoft Basic Display Adapter quot Every single other driver I have tried will all cause me to experience BSOD and the error message quot Display Driver Has Stopped Responding quot The issue appeared a month ago and it has took me up until yesterday to single it down to be a driver issue and not some kind of hardware fault My graphics card is a Sapphire R x and so I use AMD Catalyst Drivers The issue first came about when updating to back when I was on Windows I updated to Windows to see if this would resolve my error but it still persisted exactly as it did before So far I have tried using beta and I have even tried just using the driver that Windows will install for my graphics card and all of these cause the errors I mentioned before Using the basic driver allows me to watch videos and browse the internet fine however games are unplayable Adapter" Display only my Basic Can use as "Microsoft graphics driver as the FPS is between - when usually it would be - I am desperate to find a solution to this as I am just starting university Can only use "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" as my graphics driver tomorrow and I really miss being able to play games with my friends Any suggestions will be welcomed as I am willing to try anything at this point

A:Can only use "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" as my graphics driver

Both of these articles say similar stuff you tried and some may have to try.
How old is the card ? Was it always in this PC listed in specs ? Nice motherboard and CPU, what size wattage PSU do you use, not listed ?

This the card, needs 750w PSU, wow ! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814202061

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2665946
http://www.drivethelife.com/windows-...-xp-vista.html

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/23380-can-only-use-microsoft-basic-display-adapter-my-graphics-driver.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi there Occasionally I have been receiving the following error message over the last month Just before this error message comes up the system very briefly freezes and blanks out It seems to occur randomly but I am not certain how to prevent it from occurring altogether A couple of times too previously my applications would suddenly stop responding for example while browsing on any search engine or trying stopped driver and proble "Display recovered" responding has to run other programs at times I "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" proble couldn t even click on anything on the desktop I am not sure if those problems are directly related to the display driver error but upon the two times that it happened I performed a system restore and that seemed to correct the problem on both occasions but the display driver error continued I have also attempted to update my graphics driver which is an Intel R HD Graphics on the device manager but that didn t resolve the problem I am using Windows -bit and have a Lenovo y p laptop What can you suggest to stop this problem from occurring altogether Is there anything that I can try I would greatly appreciate any assistance Thanks Trav nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered-proble.1164033/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi Guys Just bought Win from their web page and upgraded my win My problem is that I'm stuck with a hopeless resolution because I can't install any display drivers As the headline says Windows can only find quot Microsoft basic display driver quot When I try to install Nvidia drivers I get the quot installation cannot continue quot message I seriously doubt that it's hardware fault - it worked perfectly before the update to win Sometimes in the properties for the screen driver the chiptype is listed as Nvidia and sometimes it just Windows only find basic driver" display can "Microsoft says N A Specs Intel core i Mobile Intel HM Express chipsetNVIDIA GeForce GT M Graphics Here's what I've done - besides googleing for the past hours Updated intel chipset Tried the guide here How to Fix NVIDIA Driver Windows can only find "Microsoft basic display driver" Update Installer Error - YouTube ---- this got me a little further but as soon as it tries to access my tv the installation dies the time of a gfx installation where the screen flickers Removed the windows driver Uninstalled old nvidia drivers Hopefully someone has an idea or solution to this because frankly this sucks Br Daniel

A:Windows can only find "Microsoft basic display driver"

Hi Wizz

I had this exact issue with my asus laptop, would use the intel hd3000, but my nvidia card showed as MBDD. It took me about 2 weeks of digging thru Nvidia's website, and other sources, but eventually got it to work.

In the end i had to uninstall the device, restart, and then install the nvida driver.

You dont state if its a Laptop or Desktop, however this is the driver i used, and got it working.

NVIDIA DRIVERS 306.97WHQL

Here is the desktop version

NVIDIA DRIVERS 306.97WHQL

hopefully that helps

Helly

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/10588-windows-can-only-find-microsoft-basic-display-driver.html
Relevancy 86.86%

How can this be so hard Why does Windows make it impossible to change monitors Here's a summary of the problem with details below System Windows - HomePremium SP with all important updates Radeon HD video card Gigabyte MB Intel E CPU GB memory My old monitor gave out a couple of days ago driver with New "No Monitor display Signal" reports enabled so I went to the store yesterday and got a new one It does not have a resolution mode that matches my old monitor and I cannot New Monitor reports "No Signal" with display driver enabled turn that resolution off so I keep getting quot No Signal quot when the video adapter is enabled The monitor works fine in safe mode New Monitor reports "No Signal" with display driver enabled and with the video adapter disabled but every time I try to reinstall the video adapter it goes back to the old incompatible resolution and I get quot No Signal quot Here are the details I hooked up my new monitor to the HDMI output same as the old one turned on the PC the monitor showed it going through the BIOS startup and the Windows startup but just before the login screen it went black and said quot No Signal quot OK I know what the problem is My old monitor had a native resolution of by something and my new one is like x and doesn't have a mode So I reboot and start Windows in safe mode Now I can log in to Windows at x It has an ugly black background but it works I go into Device Manager and disable the video adapter my card is a Radeon and restart Now Windows comes up in its normal pretty blue background I go into Display change the resolution to x and that looks OK but wastes a lot of space on the screen I enable the adapter and restart No signal I restart in safe mode and this time instead of disabling the video adapter I uninstall it I restart but as soon as I log in Windows tells me it has automatically installed a Microsoft version of the Radeon driver and I need to restart When I do I get quot No Signal quot I restart in safe mode disable the adapter again restart change the resolution to x download the latest Radeon driver from AMD install that and restart No signal I go through the safe mode-disable-restart cycle again get on the net and look for a solution There seems to be a consensus that the only way to fix this is to uninstall the display driver delete all the AMD folders and then install a new driver But Windows won't let you do that because it automatically installs a Microsoft driver Half the answers say to turn off automatic updates but many people say that won't help if the driver is already on the system which in my case it is The only way to prevent Windows from installing an existing driver is to type GROUPEDIT MSC from the start menu search box and then you can check a box that tells Windows not to install drivers automatically But if you have the Home Premium version of Windows there is no groupedit msc it's only on Pro and Ultimate And there's apparently no workaround for it I thought I found one when a few websites recommended a hack that was posted on this forum by davehc but when I looked for it I found that he disavowed it because it didn't work reliably So how can this be I've wasted a whole day trying to fix this Why doesn't Microsoft let HP users turn off automatic driver installs Why do Microsoft and AMD both insist on installing new display drivers with the old resolution instead of something safe like x Surely I'm not the only guy who got a new monitor that's incompatible with the old resolution and surely it's easier to take ten seconds to change a safe resolution to whatever you want the first time you boot with a new driver than to tear your hair out trying to get out of an incompatible resolution There has to be a way to fix this without re-installing Windows Doesn't there I'm very comfortable with editing the registry etc so I'll be happy to do that if somebody tells me what entries to edit Or can I just delete the Microsoft version of t... Read more

A:New Monitor reports "No Signal" with display driver enabled

you didn't say what brand/model the new monitor is---what is it's native resolution?

the new monitor should have come with a driver disk--and that's where you should be installing drivers from.

did you try a different HDMI cable? did you try a DVI or Display Port cable?
did you check t0 make sure the card is seated properly?

Radeon4830 specs show
Dual Link DVI supports 18-, 24-, and 30-bit digital displays at all resolutions up to 1920x1200 (single-link DVI) or 2560x1600 (dual-link DVI)
HDMI All display resolutions up to 1920x1080

you should be able to start machine in safe mode--install drivers that came with monitor--then restart and it should just work--if you're getting a 'no signal' message--there is a loose connection somewhere--or perhaps the monitor is 'not' functional--there really can be 'bad new' products--try the monitor on another machine!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/254528-new-monitor-reports-no-signal-display-driver-enabled.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,

i have a P IV 1.6 GHz, 1 GB ram PC with, ATI All in Wonder 128 AGP pro card with 32 mb onboard ram. OS/ win xp SP2.

I get the following error when using Autocad software " ATI2DVAA display driver has stopped working normally save you work and reboot your system"

i've unistalled the ati display driver from control panel add/remover programs is safe mode and installed the latest driver in normal mode. still the same Problem.

also attaching the DMP file generated when i restart the PC after the error message.

can anybody help me.

Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-ati2dvaa-display-driver-has-stopped-working-normally.75321/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi, I found this forum considering people knew alot about Windows 8 here. Anyways, I am running Windows 8.1, and I got this error while web browsing. The screen went black, then came back and said something about my display driver crashing, but successfully recovering. I have an Nvidia GTX 760. This has happened once before. It seems its completely random. I have updated all my drivers. I cant seem to attach the event log file as the site says its an "invalid file" I can upload it to dropbox if someone would like to take a look at it.

Thanks guys

A:"Display Driver has stopped working" error. Random

Hi Firearm2112 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Kindly upload the ZIP File so that we could take a look at it

-Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/59014-display-driver-has-stopped-working-error-random.html
Relevancy 86.86%

HP Touchscreen IQ 506 with Win 7 (SP1), recently recovered (since restore points had been lost).
NVIDIA 9300M GS Display Driver version 9.18.13.1106.
Recovery was to Vista, and used upgrade disc to Win7.
Since recovery, I have been experiencing sporadic black-outs, with the message "Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered." This has been the case before, as well as after, upgrading to the present driver version.
Display has always returned, but still a nuisance to have activity interrupted.
Never experienced this prior to recovery, and I have not installed any software which was not installed prior to recovery.
The posts on other forums for this problem, for the most part, refer to use during playing action games. The only games I play are card games, and it isn't necessarily during a game when this occurs. I can be reading email or viewing a site on Firefox.
Any additional info needed?
Thanks, in advance --
Woody

Relevancy 86.86%

Hello I've come here as a last resort I've been having issues with my computer which I've recently upgraded to Windows At random times usually during gameplay I will encounter a freeze or major slowdown that leads to the game crashing and seeing an error message that says quot display driver NVIDIA windows kernel mode driver version has stopped responding during driver BSOD games, has stopped responding" "display and has successfully recovered quot Sometimes though I will get an entirely different problem unsure if related Computer will BSOD and WhoCrashed reports this as the issue What I have tried doing Reinstalled NVIDIA driver Did not change anything Followed up on the crash dump by testing all my non-Microsoft drivers with Driver Verifier and after several BSODs this was the result Set NVIDIA power management to prefer maximum performance Changed computer power settings to max performance Now I am stuck on what to do I don't know what to do with the results from Driver Verifier I'm still getting the driver recovered issue BSOD during games, "display driver has stopped responding" in games I've attached my dump files in BSOD during games, "display driver has stopped responding" some of them you will see an issue caused by DroidCam I have solved that problem already Thank you in advance - Cycle

A:BSOD during games, "display driver has stopped responding"

Hi Cycled & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I would try my best to help you sort out the issue. I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

Code:
**************************Sat Oct 11 00:35:30.706 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\101014-8328-01.dmp]

Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (4 procs) Free x64

Built by: 9600.17238.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140723-2018

System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:54.397

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for droidcam.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for droidcam.sys

Probably caused by : droidcam.sys ( droidcam+1179 )

BugCheck D5, {ffffcf80e106ef98, 0, fffff8012363d179, 0}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL (d5)

Arguments:
Arg1: ffffcf80e106ef98, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg3: fffff8012363d179, if non-zero, the address which referenced memory.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD5

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xD5_VRF_droidcam+1179

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Sat Oct 11 00:34:16.265 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\101014-8859-01.dmp]

System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:53.957

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for droidcam.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for droidcam.sys

Probably caused by : droidcam.sys ( droidcam+1179 )

BugCheck 50, {ffffcf80769bef98, 0, fffff80151de5179, 2}
BugCheck Info: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)

Arguments:
Arg1: ffffcf80769bef98, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff80151de5179, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, (reserved)
BUGCHECK_STR: AV

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_VRF_droidcam+1179

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Sat Oct 11 00:33:02.261 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\101014-8390-01.dmp]

System Uptime: 0 days 1:43:38.953

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for tcpip.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tcpip.sys

Probably caused by : wfplwfs.sys ( wfplwfs!LwfLowerOidRequest+6e )

BugCheck C4, {91001, fffff800884ebe40, ffffe000a3dcb5a0, ffffe000a3dcb628}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000091001, ID of the 'NdisOidComplete' rule that was violated.
Arg2: fffff800884ebe40, A pointer to the string describing the violated rule condition.
Arg3: ffffe000a3dcb5a0, Address of internal rule state (second argument to !ruleinfo).
Arg4: ffffe000a3dcb628, Address of supplemental states (third argument to !ruleinfo).
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc4_NdisOidComplete_XDV

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc4_NdisOidComplete_XDV_VRF_wfplwfs!LwfLowerOidRequest

**************************Fri Oct 10 22:49:04.450 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\101014-7109-01.dmp]

System Uptime: 0 days 12:00:10.141

*** WARNING: Unable to verify t... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/55231-bsod-during-games-display-driver-has-stopped-responding.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I got the quot ATI display driver has stopped responding and has recovered from an error quot several times over the last couple of days where my screen would freeze for a couple of second and then start working again and would display that message I thought little of it as it did always seem to work afterwards Last night however it got extremely frequent happening at least once a minute and i decided to try and restart my computer permanently Screen black driver..." after display "ATI several Errors? to see if that would help at all Now when I try to turn the computer on the screen stays black and will not do anything I can hear that the computer trying to work as the fans are going and the power light is on it's just the screen that isn't working How to troubleshoot quot Display driver stopped responding and has recovered quot error in Screen permanently black after several "ATI display driver..." Errors? Windows or Windows Vista I found these guides on how to Screen permanently black after several "ATI display driver..." Errors? fix the error message but at the moment both are no good as I can't even use my computer to fix the problem as the screen won't work I am pretty sure the reason my computer is doing this is because of outdated drivers as I recently did a fresh install of windows and only installed the drivers that came on the CD I was given with my computer I should have downloaded the latest drivers online I am running Windows on a Dell Studio laptop I am unsure of the graphics card at the moment as I can't access the computer but I know that it is an ATI of some sort Thanks in advance

A:Screen permanently black after several "ATI display driver..." Errors?

Does your display power up? can you see something on the display like BIOS post?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/285856-screen-permanently-black-after-several-ati-display-driver-errors.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Friends - On my laptop running I need to remedy the often-seen quot Display Driver Stopped Responding quot display crash On other systems equipped with AMD GPU components I could use the CCC Presets Profiles Overdrive to workaround the strict Windows timing parameters increasing the idle clock and core clock targets for the Driver "Display Error Responding" Stopped (Radeon) Preset then invoking it which requires AMD Overdrive On this notebook no such option is (Radeon) "Display Driver Stopped Responding" Error accessible There is a lot of chatter on the web about this and it is not new to Anyone know for SURE what a (Radeon) "Display Driver Stopped Responding" Error cure is What I'm gathering is that there should be a Registry entry for a key that deals with Overdrive but it is missing on the Registry I can see Otherwise I don't know of a certain fix Microsoft TechNet board suggests a Registry hack to alter the base windows timing parameters but in the past I have found that not a good solution It may cut down from errors a week to four or five but it does not have the surety that the CCC Overdrive fix is - which targets only the GPU in use

A:(Radeon) "Display Driver Stopped Responding" Error

Verify from the manufacturer that you have the correct drivers installed, I hope you did not update your drivers via Windows Update.
In some cases to avoid your problem you could downgrade your driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/49340-radeon-display-driver-stopped-responding-error.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I got a new stopped driver 6850 "Display responding..." has AMD Another Radeon new AMD Radeon HD video card just a few days ago and installed it fine I installed the software from its disc updated it and it works great However I've found that about once a day late at night after the comp has been on for many hours the screen will freeze for several seconds monitor blank then return just fine with the message on the taskbar quot Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered quot Nothing else happens nothing bad happens this never occurs while I have games or videos or other memory-intensive programs open I have Windows Premium edition -bit an AMD Athlon II X Processor with GHz My power supply unit is a Corsair W The power unit and motherboard are less than years old I got them in October and I have two harddrives Just defragmented them last week or so How do I narrow down what the issue is Is it Windows idle power saving thing Is it innocuous if it is

A:Another "Display driver has stopped responding..." AMD Radeon 6850 new

Most disks have out-dated software. Check AMD Drivers for the lastest: http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/214252-another-display-driver-has-stopped-responding-amd-radeon-6850-new.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello I have purchased Gigabyte GeForce GTX installed the latest drivers version at the time and everything was fine When version came out I didn't bother installing it for quite some time but when had plenty of time I installed it On the next day I got quot Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding error nvlddmkm "Display stopped driver responding..." and has successfully recovered quot error checked Event Viewer and the HDMI sound disappeared I checked for newer drivers and was hot on the spot so I downloaded it and installed On next day to my surprise "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding..." error same error happened I decided to go back to driver version since it was working fine report about issue to NVIDIA and wait for the fix Yesterday almost weeks later with driver version same error happened again I have restarted computer and sound returned I am "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding..." error planing to install today but if error happens randomly there is no way telling if it will help or not right away Some other info Before installing driver I uninstall it completely using latest version of Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Each time error happened same applications were Mozilla Firefox Steam and HWMonitor Other applications were different each time This never happened with my old video card I will try installing latest driver again but it doesn't have any bug fixes as it seems Let me know if you have any suggestions what I should try or what may be causing it

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/401554-display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding-error.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello I have purchased Gigabyte GeForce GTX installed the latest drivers version at the time and everything was fine When version came out I didn't bother installing it for quite some time but when had plenty of time I installed it On the next day I got quot Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot error checked Event Viewer and the HDMI sound disappeared I checked for newer drivers error stopped responding..." driver nvlddmkm "Display and was hot on the spot so I downloaded it and installed On next day to my surprise same error happened I decided to go back to driver version since it was working fine report about issue to NVIDIA and wait for the fix Yesterday almost weeks later with driver version same error happened again I have restarted computer and sound returned I am planing to install today but if error happens randomly there is no "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding..." error way telling if it will help or not right away Some other info Before installing driver I uninstall it completely using latest version of Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Each time error happened same applications were Mozilla Firefox Steam and HWMonitor Other applications were different each time This never happened with my old video card I will try installing latest driver again but it doesn't have any bug fixes as it seems Let me know if you have any suggestions what I should try or what may be causing it

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/401554-display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding-error.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I went to install "multisim v.10.0 torrent" but FAILED [vista home basic], well... If I choose to reinstall choose same directory, and if again GET FAILED choose other DIR ? Then if fails again choose not install at all ?

How I remove a FAILED INSTALL SOFTWARE like this ? Is it appears in add/remove programs ? What if, is not appear ?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/222862-i-went-install-multisim-v-10-0-torrent-but-failed-vista-home-basic.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I got a new custom built computer a month ago, and it's been quite some time since I have been struggling with constant BSODs. I formatted and upgraded from Vista to Windows 7, but still the BSODs persist. I also get the message "display driver has stopped working and has recovered successfully" randomly (playing games, surfing the internet, Microsoft word, etc.) I would really appreciate some help with this. Thanks for the help.

System specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Retail
Intel i5 2500k Sandy Bridge
2 x 4GB Ram
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6950
700W power supply

A:Random BSODs... "display driver has stopped working and has recovered successfully"

Hi -

Video does seem to be the primary theme; however, bugchecks 0x50 and 0x1a showed up too - memory issues.

Run memtest86+ - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2863029-post5.html

Uninstall this for now -

Code:
RTCore64.sys Wed May 25 02:39:12 2005 (42941D90)
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#RTCore64.sys

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Debug session time: Sat May 28 21:28:44.319 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:47:46.536
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ReferenceDmaBuffer+6dc )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: hl2.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ReferenceDmaBuffer+6dc
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffffa82`09109ed0 00000000`00000000 fffff880`02d3362c 00000000`00000005
BiosVersion = 0805
BiosReleaseDate = 03/10/2011
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = System Product Name
MaxSpeed: 3300
CurrentSpeed: 3300
Debug session time: Sat May 28 20:40:16.169 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 6:59:37.386
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObReferenceObjectByHandleWithTag+10c )
PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!ObReferenceObjectByHandleWithTag+10c
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffffa82`09aa8b18 00000000`00000000 fffff800`031d377c 00000000`00000005
BiosVersion = 0805
Debug session time: Sat May 28 03:26:44.733 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:16:58.950
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeRemoveQueueEx+323 )
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!KeRemoveQueueEx+323
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffffa82`07401c6b 00000000`00000001 fffff800`02e9eff3 00000000`00000005
BiosVersion = 0805
Debug session time: Sat May 28 02:09:03.942 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 6:24:29.160
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+4cdb1 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA0000001
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA0000001_atikmdag+4cdb1
Bugcheck code A0000001
Arguments 00000000`00000005 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000
BiosVersion = 0805
Debug session time: Fri May 27 01:12:38.557 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:41:41.400
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+1d1 )
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+1d1
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff680`010490d8 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02ebc31b 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 0805
BiosRelease... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bsods-display-driver-has-stopped-working-and-has-recovered-successfully-577120.html
Relevancy 86.43%

i experienced this problem in my computer.
i've been receiveing black windows in few games (Battlestations Pacific, The Sims 3,Grid, Dirt), and then the game crashes to desktop and the message "display driver atikmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered" is popped in the taskbar.
my system is:
Vista Ultimate 64 bit
Intel Core i7 920
HD4870 1024MB
3*1024mb DDRIII ram

i add a picture of the error:

i really be glad if you have solution to this problem

A:"display driver atikmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered" error

hello GigaDude
try this site, it looks like some people have had some success with this problem, good luck, i had the same problem with Nvidia, thats why i went over to ATI.

Display Driver atikmdag and nvlddmkm Stopped Responding

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/229752-display-driver-atikmdag-stopped-responding-has-successfully-recovered-error.html
Relevancy 86.43%

my processor: intel pentium 700 MHZ, L2 cache: 256 KB, Memory:256 MB, Maimboard: trigem computer inc. Nava-A, Monitor- Plug and play play, Video Card- 3DFX interactive inc,. Banshee, Mode 800x600 with 32 bit color deph...
when i open the computer and it will restart it again it said thier was a error in banshee and nid to reboot it the box said "The banshee display driver has sopped working normally save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to microsoft" it always said that when i open my computer pls help me with this and what will i do...thanz for advance...

A:Guys help me with my video card"banshee display driver stopped and reboot it"

Uninstall the Banshee driver, clean the registry, reboot and reinstall the Banshee driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/guys-help-me-with-my-video-card-banshee-display-driver-stopped-and-reboot-it.92372/
Relevancy 86.43%

Lately, for no explain-able reason, whenever I play a movie every 5-15 minutes I get a glitch with the picture getting stuck, audio replaying itself for a few seconds, screen turns black and everything goes back to normal, with a pop-up appearing informing me that my graphic kernel was shut down and has been restored.
I have attempted updating graphics driver (using the 310.64 nvidia beta one, after the latest didn't solve it), updated windows to latest version, and followed advices given on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665946 with no effect.
Any suggestions on how to fix this? It has occured to me while playing movies in SMPlayer, as well as in streaming online media.
full massage contains: "Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode Driver, version 310.64 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

A:"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error while playing movies

Typically the cause of a video driver glitch which can resolved by upgrading or downgrading the video drivers. I've also seen it caused by a specific app. In which case, updating the app or using a different app resolves the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered-error-while-playing-movies.1078986/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello,
About 3 - 4 times a day while working, my computer will freeze for a 1 - 2 seconds and I get a message saying my display driver has crashed and has fully recovered. In the event log I see a warning saying:
"Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
I have a Dell XPS 15 running Windows 10 with the latest updates. It has one Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and one NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M graphics cards. I also use a Dell D3100 USB 3 docking station, however I notice the issue with and without this being used.
I have tried installing the latest drivers for the NVIDIA card. I am currently using "10.18.13.5906".
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Cheers,
Mark

A:Dell XPS 15 "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

OK so the issue just happened again. I was working in Atom editor, and the exact errors I received are:

And the error in my system log is:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19667632
Relevancy 86.43%

First off heres a screen of the exact message I get: http://www.itwriting.com/blog/?p=110. While playing some games, every 1-3 minutes, my screen goes black. To fix this I have to alt tab out and tab back into the game. The message i get appears on my taskbar: " "Display driver igfx stoppe responding and has successfully recovered". It is a very annoying message, and I'm using a new computer with windows vista on it. If you dont think it is a big deal then think of this : its 1v1 and your playing counter strike source. All of the sudden your screen goes black and you hear shots followed by a "HEADSHOT" "COUNTER-TERRORISTS WIN." This bug is really annoying and I need someone to give me a step by step guide to fix it.

A:Error - "Display driver igfx stoppe responding and has successfully recovered"

i'm on a vista as well and while running World of Warcraft I can relate to that annoyingness of 1 v 1 all of a sudden goes black and your dead. Any help would be nice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-display-driver-igfx-stoppe-responding-and-has-successfully-recovered.545243/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi. Whenever I start up "Combat Arms" I can log in fine, Join a game Fine, and even play for a while. After about 10-15 minutes of play time... The game freezes... Completly. And I cant even ALT-TAB it either. There was only 1 time where I Alt-tabbed it... and it said "vtdisp display driver has stopped working normally" and the screen turns to about 3-bit pixels.. and I have to restart it to restore it to its colour.
It only happens when Im playing Combat Arms and Nothing else.
I have did a system restore twice, Downloaded multiple different display drivers and still doesnt work.
My display adapter is: VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP and I tried to download different types of drivers for it.
Im using an Acer T135
My chipset model is: VIA K8T800 PRO
I really dont know what to do anymore.
Someone please help.

A:vtdisp display driver has stopped working normally Only when I play "Combat Arms"

update your chipset driver and that should fix the issue unless you dont have a high enough graphics card i recomend xfx8500 cheap and reliable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vtdisp-display-driver-has-stopped-working-normally-only-when-i-play-combat-arms.729624/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi On september st my laptop started to show message quot failed to connect to a windows service quot then i started a scan in which i found many of my files are quot locked and not tested quot which was not there before then as per one of the advise in of the threads in this forum i did the following quot Start computer in safe mode logon on to administrator Click the start button Search quot cmd exe quot Select it and then quot ctrl - shift - enter quot to allow elevation request Type in - quot netsh winsock reset quot press enter Then Restart your computer quot The problem regarding getting message vista failed to connect to a windows service was solved with that but still many of my files are showing quot locked file not tested quot and too to connect a service many Not "Locked Vista windows file. Tested" failed to also my laptop gets hanged frequently please help i have attached the log file of the scan really appreciate your help in this matter thanks

A:Vista failed to connect to a windows service too many "Locked file. Not Tested"

Run your AV scan in Safe Mode and report back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-too-many-locked-file-not-tested-668790.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I get this error message when trying initialize properly" Atbroker.exe on vista remote to desktop to "application failed to connect to my remote vista RTM Ultimate machine It happens at random the only fix is to remotely reboot the machine via a quot shutdown quot command It says to click ok to terminate the application that only results Atbroker.exe "application failed to initialize properly" on remote desktop to vista in a blank screen in the event viewer Faulting application atbroker exe version time stamp x b faulting module USER dll version time stamp x d exception code xc fault offset x d process id xeb application start time x c f db Event ID Application Error No real solutions here either http www eventid net display asp e amp source Atbroker.exe "application failed to initialize properly" on remote desktop to vista A I tried looking to see if there were any applications which may be causing this by going back to the first time this happened in event viewer installations history Only one major app was updated around the first instance it was Visual Studio Sp for Vista and the hotfix so this isnt something I can remove if it is the culprit What is Atbroker anyway anyone run into this and fixed it A simple reboot remote reboot fixes things but potential lost data which isnt saved occurs

A:Atbroker.exe "application failed to initialize properly" on remote desktop to vista

i wouldn't use remote desktop. try some kind of vnc app.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/atbroker-exe-application-failed-to-initialize-properly-on-remote-desktop-to-vista-139271.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Vista won't let me logon I get a message quot The Group Policy Client Service failed the logon quot quot Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service quot I've been trying to narrow this problem to failed Group Vista "The login cannot Policy the logon" Client Service down for the last few days I did a system restore back a number of days no user programs were installed but there were cannot login to Vista "The Group Policy Client Service failed the logon" system updates installed Once I do the system restore and turn off the updates the computer reboots fine and I can log in However if I let the MS updates in then when I reboot I get the error and cannot logon Clearly there is a problem when the updates happen and causes this I originally cannot login to Vista "The Group Policy Client Service failed the logon" thought it was due to a specific MS update but I think it's the update process that is broken That is what kills the system configuration and then it can't logon If anyone has an idea here I'd really appreciate it This is Vista with SP

A:cannot login to Vista "The Group Policy Client Service failed the logon"

Hello metafizx, welcome to Vista Forums!

I'm not sure if it will or not but have a look at the tutorial at the link below to see if it'll be a help, as a place to start; be sure to post back to keep us informed.

User Profile Service failed the logon

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280546-cannot-login-vista-group-policy-client-service-failed-logon.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi On september st my laptop started to show message to Tested" failed "Locked a Vista connect file. to many too windows service Not quot failed to connect to a windows service quot then i started a scan in which i found many of my files are quot locked and not tested quot which was not there before then as per one of the advise in of the threads in this forum i did the following quot Start computer in safe mode logon on to administrator Click the start button Search quot cmd exe quot Select it and then quot ctrl - shift - enter quot to allow elevation request Type in - quot netsh winsock reset quot press enter Then Restart your computer quot The problem regarding getting message vista failed to connect to a windows service was solved with that but still many of my files are showing quot locked file not tested quot and also my laptop gets hanged frequently also recently whenever i shutdown windows tend to install updates very frequently and also takes time mins same goes with AVG scan every now and then it updates I have tried times to run GMER scan but each time my laptop crashed blue screen appeared and dumping physical memory with some error message which i didnt had the time to read some of it even I tried in both ways running the gmer scan sections amp C drive ticked and the st option i have also attached the scan results in safemode in the zipped folder i really appreciate your help in this matter thanks DDS Vista failed to connect to a windows service too many "Locked file. Not Tested" log file DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by tareq at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k apphost C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation SMSvcHost exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Sony Ericsson PC Suite SupServ exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows SMINST BLService exe C Program Files Banglalion WiMAX CM cm ssax exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Windows system svchost exe -k iissvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system CNAB RPK EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files AVG Secure Search vprot exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Users tareq Local Settings Apps F lux flux exe C Progr... Read more

A:Vista failed to connect to a windows service too many "Locked file. Not Tested"

hi again,
just wanted to say that my java for some reason is disabled even though it is installed and upon trying to install it again i got the following message "java_sp.dll is corrupt"
i have attached the avg rootkit scan report here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/vista-failed-to-connect-to-a-windows-service-too-many-locked-file-not-tested-669085.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello I've been having a persistent issue whenever I would play And "Display Stopped Recovered." Driver Has Has Responding The Sims After a variation between - minutes of game play the game would freeze black-out and then resume its normal procedures flash black again then normal and it will continue that pattern until a blue screen shows up saying that my computer has been shut down to prevent damage with this error message before the blue screen quot Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator for Windows R has stopped responding and has recovered quot Though the recovered part seems like a complete lie I have tried the following to try to fix this issue Clear my temporary files Ran disc clean-up Uninstalled and reinstalled my display driver about times already and it doesn't seem corrupt AND while using safe mode Cleared any unnecessary processes that were running in the background Uninstalled and reinstalled the game itself AND bought a new disc of the same exact game "Display Driver Has Stopped Responding And Has Recovered." And I looked for the latest driver updates I run Windows Home Premium -bit with an Acer laptop and the game was working fine until the few recent game updates My computer isn't generally slow in fact it is running faster than ever at GHz and I still experience this problem even after I have done all of those things listed above Is it still my laptop's fault or the game itself Whoever can help me with this will be much appreciated Thanks

A:"Display Driver Has Stopped Responding And Has Recovered."

Quote: Originally Posted by Zaina

Hello,

I've been having a persistent issue whenever I would play The Sims 3: After a variation between 5-30 minutes of game play, the game would freeze, black-out and then resume its normal procedures, flash black again then normal, and it will continue that pattern until a blue screen shows up saying that my computer has been shut down to prevent damage, with this error message before the blue screen: "Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator for Windows 7(R) has stopped responding and has recovered" (Though the recovered part seems like a complete lie.). I have tried the following to try to fix this issue:Clear my temporary files
Ran disc clean-up
Uninstalled and reinstalled my display driver (about 3 times already, and it doesn't seem corrupt, AND while using safe mode)
Cleared any unnecessary processes that were running in the background
Uninstalled and reinstalled the game itself, AND bought a new disc of the same exact game
And I looked for the latest driver updates

I run Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, with an Acer laptop, and the game was working fine until the few recent game updates. My computer isn't generally slow, in fact, it is running faster than ever (at 2.4 GHz), and I still experience this problem even after I have done all of those things listed above. Is it still my laptop's fault or the game itself?

Whoever can help me with this will be much appreciated! Thanks.

"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception.

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting - Windows 7 Forums STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/172702-display-driver-has-stopped-responding-has-recovered.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Last night I installed Windows Ultimate bit a fresh copy not an upgrade - "Display Adaptor" driver related not missing from Vista and my display adaptor is not showing up in the device manager At first I thought the simple solution would be to install the drivers But it seems that windows does not even detect my video card so the drivers will not even install because the Hardware is not detected I reinstalled XP last night and the video card works perfectly actually everything works in XP so I know the video card "Display Adaptor" missing - not driver related is not bad I just do not understand why Windows does not see the card I have tried just about everything I know to do I upgraded "Display Adaptor" missing - not driver related my MOBO BIOS and installed the latest chipset software I physically reinstalled the card to make sure it was properly seated I have tried to quot add legacy hardware quot from the device manager and selected the quot Display Adaptor quot option but all that does is give me a list of intel adaptors so that does not work Please follow the link below Here is the original thread that I posted in the nVidia forums http forums nvidia com index php showtopic System Specs OS Windows bit Motherboard Asus P WD -E Premium Processor Intel Pentium D Extreme Edition - ghz RAM GB Corsair XMS DDR Video Card Gigabyte GV- D - -RH - GeForce GX Monitor HP m Native Resolution - x Any suggestions would be arrpeciated Thanks in advance for your help

A:"Display Adaptor" missing - not driver related

Welcome!

In your BIOS, is the Primary video card set to PCIe?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/59733-display-adaptor-missing-not-driver-related.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello stopped working and AMD driver has recovered" "Display has all I have a clean install of Windows on my Toshiba Satellite S D-A with an AMD A - M APU with Radeon HD Graphics "Display driver has stopped working and has recovered" AMD Every so often I will get a "Display driver has stopped working and has recovered" AMD message quot Display driver has stopped working and has recovered quot when I am playing a game browsing the web or even using a Word document Sometimes it does not recover however and the screen will go black After restarting the bios screen will show but go black after that again and it takes some time to get it working properly again only for it to happen again later in the day or week I have tried uninstalling all display drivers in safe mode and letting Windows update them afterwards to no avail I have also tried changing the TdrDelay in regedit however this did not work either Does anyone have any other suggestions I'll be starting my master's in the fall and do not really want to have to deal with this issue when I'm writing papers Thank you all in advance for any help

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/58006-display-driver-has-stopped-working-has-recovered-amd.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello all I have a clean install of Windows on my Toshiba Satellite S D-A with an AMD A - M APU with Radeon HD Graphics Every so has AMD recovered" has and "Display driver stopped working often I will get a message quot Display driver has stopped working and has recovered quot when I am playing a game browsing the web or even using a "Display driver has stopped working and has recovered" AMD Word document Sometimes it does not recover however and the screen will go black After restarting the bios screen will show but go black after that again and it takes some time to get it working properly again only for it to happen again later in the day or week I have tried uninstalling all display drivers in safe mode and letting Windows update them afterwards to no avail I have also tried changing the TdrDelay in regedit however this did not work either Does anyone have any other suggestions I'll be starting my master's in the fall and do not really want to have to deal with this issue when I'm writing papers Thank you all in advance for any help

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/58006-display-driver-has-stopped-working-has-recovered-amd.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi, and excuse me if my english is abit scruppy.

I have a problem with my ATI card that I just can't how to fix. I've googled for God knows how many hours without results that works for me. The problem is whenever Im gaming (it's the only way the GPU gets proper load) the screen freezes, turns black and usually exits the game. I get the message that "Display driver has stopped working and has been succsessfully recovered."
It's kinda annoying because I can't play a single game for more than 10-30 minutes without problems or crashing.

My OS is Windows 7 x64.

ASUS P7P55D
Intel i5
Asus HD5850
Corsair XMS3 CL9 2x2 GB
Chieftec Super Series 650W

I've tried:
-Setting the clockspeed on my GPU 20mhz down
-Using only one memorybrick
-Different catalyst drivers from 9.something to 10.1
-Drivercleanup
-Formating

None of these has been giving me any results at all.. Please help me.

A:HD5850 "Display driver stopped responding"

Hi CptZiggy. Welcome to SevenForums.

Have you considered the possibility that your Card may be overheating?

Here is an ATI Tool which will allow you to monitor your Temp and fan speeds.

ATITool - Overclocking utility for ATI and NVIDIA cards

You may find that inadequate cooling may be the cause of your problem.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/59666-hd5850-display-driver-stopped-responding.html