Windows Support Forum

so many problems after windows update crash

Q: so many problems after windows update crash

Hi I hope someone can help me Windows did an update a couple of days ago and I ve had nothing but problems since I managed by some miracle to get out crash so windows problems many after update of the continuous reboot loop and get Windows to load after days of so many problems after windows update crash trying but now am getting a couple of errors and issues I just can t seem to resolve I have a Lenovo Laptop with Vista home premium processor Intel Core Duo CPU email protected Ram memory GB system type -bit operating system The first problem is When I boot the laptop I get the following error box Windows exe - NET framework Initialization Error To run this application you must first install one of the following versions of the NET framework v I m not sure what thats about or how to fix it The second problem is I want to have Windows do a backup of my files but when I try I get the following error Transaction support within the specified file system resource manager is not started or was shutdown due to an error x A Please try again Finally even though programs seem to be running fine on the computer itself anything to do with being online takes forever now Even getting this forum to load took a couple of hours downloading files are as a snails pace I am using a cricket USB modem and normally have very fast online access responses I tried uninstalling the cricket software as well as the google chrome browser and re-installing but that hasn t helped Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix any of these issues please Thanks in advance Because it s a Lenovo it SEEMS their One Touch Recovery software i do not like it keeps windows from setting normal Windows recovery points nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: so many problems after windows update crash

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: so many problems after windows update crash

Have you tried Windows "System Restore"? You should see the Update restore point to take it back prior to the updates.
Also, you could try installing the .net framework here..

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en

Good luck, and I'm sure someone else with more experience will be along to help you out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/so-many-problems-after-windows-update-crash.980513/
Relevancy 64.07%

I've got two problems one is about Windows Update and one is about random error reporting windows It's just a few days ago when I went to bad at about am it kept telling me that it automatically downloaded the problems Error Reporting Windows and Crash Update updates without my permission and if I wanted to quot Postpone quot or Restart Of course I just kept clicking Postpone but eventually I saw a little selectable field asking me how long I want it to wait for it Crash Error Reporting and Windows Update problems to ask me again so I clicked for it remind me in four hours But then I Crash Error Reporting and Windows Update problems decided to go to bed but when I clicked Shut Down when I clicked the little arrow next to it so it doesn't install updates I expected it not to try and update but you know what happens next I went to bed as normal but for some reason the computer didn't turn off I went to take a look and what was it doing that I specificly told it not to do It was installing updates So I wait it out then ages later I get up again to check and it was on my desktop again whilst I was expecting it to Crash Error Reporting and Windows Update problems turn off So my big problem here is Windows Updates how do I shut this mofo up Second little problem is crash error reporting I don't know why it keeps showing up When I let my computer just start up all the problems I get an added window from crash error reporting saying something about Task Manager when I never even touched it It does this when I close Firefox too It may seem like a little problem but it's actually very annoying and I think it takes tiny bits of space too on the hard drive I'd very much appreciate some help thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/crash-error-reporting-and-windows-update-problems-268463.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Could someone advise me how I should proceed I am partway through cleaning my PC from various hijacksbut because IE crashes I cannot get windows update andcannot run any online scans Trend Micro does supportFirefox but that also does nothing ie Firefox onlyshows quot transferring data Crash Infections, Other And 3721 Cnsmin Ie Oe Windows.update Crash, And quot and 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash never gets to theLaunching House call button IE crashes on all these scan sites bitdefender comhousecall trendmicro compandasoftware comIE does not crash on other sites such as news bbc co uk ortiscali co uk I have followed these steps after searching Help Topics for CnsMin and in Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log and done Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files ran latest Spybot with latest definitions both normal 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash mode and Safe Mode with Ad-Aware normal mode Online scans all tried and failed as IE crashed on each site Ran AVG Grisoft McAfee Stinger ran - nothing found Microsoft firewall was 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash already enabled Windows updates crashes in IE HijackThis ranMy brother who is helping me via email has sent me instructionshttp www spyany com program article spy rm CnsMin htmlon removing CnsMin but the registry editor instructionslook behind my abilities This site explains the CnsMin in detail but does not offerany removal instructions http www ca com securityadvisor pest pe px id Should I post a HijackThis log anyway in the right forum of course or should I try something else I know I ve had CnsMin since last year when I was able to useIE with online scans which reported it but I never got around totrying to fix it - I was and still am a PC newbie I had switched from IE to Firefox some months ago and usedIE only for windows updates But I wasn t getting IE crashes until some weeks ago I hope my system details are in my sig

A:3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash

CnsMin has an uninstaller which removes most components, but leaves the machine with no network or Internet connection. I suggest you post your log in the Hijackthis forum.

It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy. Please be patient as they are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have not been replied as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, a team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51330/3721-cnsmin-and-other-infections-oe-and-ie-crash-windowsupdate-crash/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have had a number of Windows updates and each time the PC has crashed when they have tried to be installed.

Today I tried again and allowed one installation KB 979306. This failed to install and I got an error code 8024200D. The update that caused the crash was KB 979099. These are both classed as important.

Any ideas what I should do or what the problem may be?

A:Windows Update Causes PC To Crash

Make sure you have already installed Application Compatbility Updates from both sites:
1)The Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update
2)August 2009 Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 Application Compatibility Update

If not please do that and next try again install KB979099

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/271039-windows-update-causes-pc-crash.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I m starting a new thread as it seems my problems have escalated Here s the link to my first thread http forums techguy org all-other-software -windows-explorer-error html So I m in the middle of installing in Windows Crash XP Update a Microsoft Windows XP update from XP Crash in Windows Update the Microsoft website and I get a blue screen It says something about a problem occurring XP Crash in Windows Update that has caused XP Crash in Windows Update Windows to shut down It says something about checking for BIOS updates and disabling caching and shadowing It then says STOP x E xC xF EO OxB C x sr sys - Address F E base at F F Date Stamp cde Physical Memory Dump Complete I had to shut the power down and restart the computer which seemed to go OK I then got a box that says Windows has recovered from a serious error Under technical info it says BCCode e BCP C BCP F E BCP B C BCP OSVer SP Product I m not really sure what I should be doing here Should I try reinstalling the updates nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I just had a blue screen crash during the latest Windows Update install. It was an update of the Bit Defender definitions. Windows downloaded the update, created a restore point and then crashed during the installation.

I used BlueScreenView and took screen caps of the information pertaining to this particular crash. I was previously plagued with blue screen crashes, but haven't had one in a month after disabling Teredo Tunneling and uninstalling Zone Alarm, using the built-in firewall instead. I can post the mini-dump if my bluescreenview screen caps don't contain enough of the information. (I didn't include them now because most of it is from previous issues that I think were resolved a month ago.)

It may just be an issue with the automatic restart after the Update was installed. I think that may have happened once before.

Should I be concerned about this?

A:Crash during Windows Update Install

Please post the information from this post: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/99569-crash-during-windows-update-install.html
Relevancy 50.74%

last night we had a heap of updates and today I can only get the computer to come up with things like start at last operating position or safe start etc but no matter what I do it just restarts over and over again.
I tried the windows disc but it starts to fix but nothing happens

A:xp windows update crash computer

Boot the computer with the XP CD in. Press R to get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /F and press enter. Check Disk will try and fix any file errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-windows-update-crash-computer-670091.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have no sound after updating from a computer crash about two weeks ago There was sound before I updated from windows update and then nothing I have researched all over after crash/update, Windows No XP etc! in sound the internet to find a way to reverse the effects to no avail I have uninstalled the device and reinstalled it with driver updates without driver updates without drivers thus allowing No sound in Windows XP after crash/update, etc! windows to find the drivers and install them I have gone online to various sites to update all the drivers involved including the codecs Then I uninstalled XP professional yes I had Professional and Home versions of XP because I read somewhere that may be the cause of the problem No sound I have updated Windows Media Player to no avail I have updated Real Player to no avail The installed device is Modem for playback and record There are no speakers installed supposedly and there is no way to adjust the volume because nothing is installed to adjust Do I sound frustrated and sarcastic You bet I have been trying to get my sound back for more than two weeks I have seen other posts on this site that I have tried to no avail I have cleared my registry several times and cookies temporary files etc Nothing has worked Any help would greatly appreciated Please feel free to ask questions because I have done so much stuff that I can remember all of it Oh yeah I have run the troubleshooter so many times that I have practically memorized it Thanks for anything you can do to help nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I'm stumped here I have a client who has a Dell Optiplex running XP Pro She received an error when trying to print about the Print Spooler service not running I checked services and it was even stopped started and rebooted Nothing So then I searched around and found a suggested fix by going to System gt Advanced gt (windows wuauclt.exe XP crash update) on Performance Settings and setting the Data Execution Prevention to the spooler service exe under the Windows directory I rebooted and upon logging in received a wuauclt exe had a problem and had to close error Past that the desktop wall paper would load but no task bar and no icons Does the same thing under safe mode except no wallpaper just a black screen with the safe mode notification and build info at the screen edges I understand wuauclt exe has something to do with Windows Update So then I did a Windows Repair It ran fine but on reboot received a BSOD referencing a stop at C I can occasionally still get XP crash on wuauclt.exe (windows update) to the login but still get the wuauclt exe crash and then it stops at loading the wallpaper or black in safemode My user says the only thing she did this morning prior to the problem was downloaded and installed the Adobe Acrobat Reader update that popped up As much as I'd like to blame that I think it had something to do with setting the DEP but now I can't even get in to change it Any ideas

A:XP crash on wuauclt.exe (windows update)

Looks like everyone was stumped. Turns out the wuacult.exe file was infected with worm.autorun. Found it with Malwarebytes and removed. However, fixing it trashed the system and it was not recoverable. Had to reinstall. Client had NO antivirus installed and uses the Outlook Reading Pane. Or did, I think she finally learned her lesson.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-crash-on-wuauclt-exe-windows-update-369117.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I know you guys are busy, but I cannot locate a fix for this.  Windows Update will not update.  It reads"0 of XXXKb" downloading, but never gets beyond that. I use three browsers because I hate Interent Explorer, but each crashes.  Comodo Dragon and Ice Dragon, Mozilla Firefox.  They simply crash.  Internet Explorer needs to be updated, but it took over ten minutes and still did not install. Windows Security Essentials stop working on their own. One more thing: my system is slow.  I've upgraded to a new motherboard and installed 16GB or RAM, but it is actually slower than the previous build. Any help would be appreciated. Cass

A:Windows Won't Update and Browsers Crash

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619704/windows-wont-update-and-browsers-crash/
Relevancy 50.74%

i have vista home premium 64bit sp1, think it started when activating windows update, i didnt want to install an active control, chose another method thats when i got blue screen system shutdown and i see this irql not less or equal..

windows update wasnt able to find any updates, so i went back to activating windows installed the active control, now im able to check for updates.

only thing is when i try installing the updates, it just tries to install but nothing is installing, then blue screen shutdown, how can i get the updates to install? appreaciate any help..

A:windows update crash when downloading

irql not less or equal

This commands mean unindetefied conflict with drivers or hardware

We need more details to diagnose.Pack the whole C:\Windows\Minidump folder and attache to post

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/251793-windows-update-crash-when-downloading.html
Relevancy 50.74%

after installing the windows updates this week on my winxp sp3 laptop i discovered that with plugging in the usb mouse the system crashes and goes into a continual reboot, it does flash a bsod when crashing but isn't up long enough to read one word of it. when i unplug the mouse the laptop boots up fine but as soon as i plug the mouse in it crashes. I'm happy that it appears that plugging in a flash drive doesn't cause it to crash. Can anyone recommend a route for me to take to hopefully correct this? I tried different mice and each crashes the system with the repeated reboot. thanks for any help.

A:mouse crash after windows update

Welcome back to TSF

Lets make sure its the update that is causing this. Recently Microsoft has urgently pushed out a remote-code exploit that could spread rapidly like the 2003 MSBlaster worm. Read below:

Quote:

A remote-code exploit that could spread rapidly like the 2003 MSBlaster worm is putting all versions of Windows at risk.
Rare out-of-cycle patch emphasizes the risk

With little warning, Microsoft released yesterday an unscheduled or "out-of-cycle" patch for a highly critical vulnerability that affects all versions of Windows. Security bulletin MS08-067 (patch 958644) was posted to warn of a remote-code attack that could spread wildly across the Internet.

Microsoft says it found evidence two weeks ago of an RPC (remote procedure call) attack that can potentially infect Windows machines across the Net with no user action required.

Windows Server 2003, 2000, and XP (even with Service Pack 2 or 3 installed) are particularly vulnerable. Vista and Server 2008 gain some protection via User Account Control, data-execution protection, and other safeguards, as explained in an article by Dan Goodin in the Register.

While firewalls are a first line of defense against this attack, don't think you're secure just because you have a firewall. Malware and viruses use many different techniques to wiggle their way into our systems.

For example, my office's networks are protected by firewalls on the outside, but inside the network, PCs have file and printer sharing enabled. If a worm got loose inside the office network (and the patch hadn't been installed), the attack would spread like wildfire.

Many antivirus vendors have already issued definition updates that protect against this attack. Your antivirus program, however, may not protect you completely even if your AV definitions are up-to-date. Early reports indicate that there are already nine different strains of viruses trying to take advantage of this vulnerability. We can expect more to come, so even the best AV application may not be able to update fast enough.

I've tested this patch and have had no problems applying it. I strongly urge you to download and install this patch manually. Restart your PC before installing any patch to verify that your machine is bootable. Then be sure to reboot again after installing the patch, so the patched binaries completely replace the vulnerable components.

To get your patch read more here
http://WindowsSecrets.com/comp/081024

There were some interesting links about this patch , some people having problems with it .Look at this:

(KB958644)
http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/.../msg01873.html
and
http://gosublogger.com/2008/10/micro...8-067-updates/
and update (KB958644)

Reboot and let me know if it resolved the issue at hand
http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1060895.htm

So my suggestion to you is go to Add/Remove Programs, make sure updates are checked to be shown and remove the update (KB958644)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-crash-after-windows-update-306342.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Any time I go to Tools gt Windows update IE Crash's I click the send report but it doesnt provide me any data that might help I also get the same problem when trying to load the AOL webmail page Both will work maybe out of times Ive googled this and not able to find much helpfil info Any help is appreciated If I check details it says the following file is included in the error report B appcompat txt Code lt DATABASE gt lt EXE page to update IE Crash's WIndows going when 6 NAME quot iexplore exe quot IE 6 Crash's when going to WIndows update page FILTER quot GRABMI FILTER PRIVACY quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot hmmapi dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot x C DA quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Microsoft HTTP Mail Simple MAPI quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot HMMAPI DLL quot INTERNAL NAME quot HMMAPI quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot iedw exe quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot x C quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot IE Crash Detection quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot iedw exe quot INTERNAL NAME quot iedw exe quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x DE quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot iexplore exe quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xF A D F quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Internet Explorer quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot IEXPLORE EXE quot INTERNAL NAME quot iexplore quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x A quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot Connection Wizard icwconn dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot x AA quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Internet Connection Wizard quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot xpsp - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot icwconn dll quot INTERNAL NAME quot icwconn quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x C quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot Connection Wizard icwconn exe quot SIZE quot q... Read more

A:IE 6 Crash's when going to WIndows update page

I would suggest to reset your IE to default settings.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-6-crashs-when-going-to-windows-update-page-292627.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My friends got me to do an overnight quot upgrade quot to Windows and it all went well except all games freeze VERY often Around every minutes every game ranging from Smite to Sid Meier s Civilization to Dungeon Defenders all freeze up The only thing that could unfreeze my games was to Ctrl Alt Del out and then the game would magically start again Occasionally however my entire computer would just hard freeze and nothing would fix it I got tired of Windows really fast as a result so I went back to Windows and the problem persists My NVIDIA drivers are up to date I contacted NVIDIA Customer Support as well as Microsoft Customer Support None could help but Microsoft customer support was especially useless because the representative thought I talking about my Xbox the entire time I am not tech savvy at all so this is very frustrating Nonetheless I think some obscure hardware piece might overheated due to being left on all night in a musty crash games my to 10? Windows All after update room I never had this problem before upgrading to Windows Any help will be appreciated PS Should this type of problem even go under hardware It could be a fault operating system couldn t it This is my first post on All my games crash after update to Windows 10? these forums so I could be posting incorrectly Bear with me please My Specs- http puu sh jSwAh dd f aa png nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-my-games-crash-after-update-to-windows-10.1154766/
Relevancy 50.74%

My Lenovo is running on Windows 8, and it freezes randomly with the times being every month or two. I looked up this problem and it said that it was something to do with after BIOS and all other drivers are updated, the HDD is defective (link here). The person giving the report also said that the problem occurred when she was running Windows 7.
My question is: Would the same effect happen in Windows 8?

A:Update from Windows 8 Causing my PC to Crash?

It would be worth running Lenovo PC Doctor & calling Lenovo support with the report.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/24414-update-windows-8-causing-my-pc-crash.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
Recently after activating my copy of Home Premium x64 a dialog box has been popping up saying that the automatic updates has stopped working. If I press close the program the dialog box comes back about half a minute later. The details of the crash are:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: wuauclt.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 4791a227
Fault Module Name: StackHash_2ea1
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000100000002d
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 2ea1
Additional Information 2: 0411f401154786662c220fbfdaf8b4f5
Additional Information 3: 16ba
Additional Information 4: 954b39dd611850a61426512ac5220bbc
I had to also change the date to get the activation to work as the computer was a few months behind. Is there anything I can do?
Thanks

Relevancy 49.88%

Did anyone else suffer a crash after installing windows updates on 1-11-11?  I have a desktop computer and a laptop, and they both crashed after installing the updates.  They both went in to system restore mode and spent several minutes
trying to fix the problem before finally rebooting and coming out of the crash.  Both times a message came up afterward saying windows had suffered a major problem.  On both occasions the norton anti-virus and firewalls had been disabled on
reboot.  At first I thought it might be a virus on my desktop, but it was weird how the exact same thing happened on my laptop.  Any clue as to what caused it?  Is it possible to have updates do that to your system? Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6a0aab1e-48e0-4b8c-b105-a276200c0953/windows-update-caused-system-crash?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi my name is Ken Carrier and I am new to the forums. I am currently having a problem with SVCHOST.EXE & NTDLL.DLL crashing when the computer starts. It seems that when any programs tries to update the svchost.exe crashes and the system becomes unusable. If there is anyone out there who can help me I would really appreciate it.

A:Windows Update Causes Crash SVCHOST.EXE & NTDLL.DLL

Hi .System manufacturer and model? What SP is installed?<<I am currently having a problem with SVCHOST.EXE & NTDLL.DLL crashing...>>What are the exact, full error messages, please?<<It seems that when any programs tries to update the svchost.exe crashes and the system becomes unusable.>>Seems unlikely that "any" program would trigger svchost.exe symptoms...since svchost.exe is used by various programs/functions. Have you tried using Process Explorer to get more specific details on which svchost process might be the problem?How to determine what services are running under a SVCHOST.EXE process - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/list-services-running-under-svchost.exe-process/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329746/windows-update-causes-crash-svchostexe-ntdlldll/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi

Just updated to Update 1 on Win 8.1 on two machines. When I open the PC Settings App from Start Screen or Taskbar all the options are ok except PC and devices. When I select this on the app menu the app crashes back to the desktop. Anyone suggest a fix I suspect it's the new Drive Manager in that menu option. Other machine works fine with this option. Any Fixes?

Tim

A:Windows 8.1 Update 1, PC Settings, PC and Devices crash

Further investigation shows that if I create a new local account the app works fine and I can access the Device Settings etc. I tried deleting my main MS account off the machine and re-creating it but got myself in a bit of a mess so restored from a system image a few days ago. Is there a troubleshooting list somewhere. I seem to have found it on this site the other day but lost it again?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44100-windows-8-1-update-1-pc-settings-pc-devices-crash.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am finding a problem in which after some windows updates, all attempts to play media (any music or video file) will just freeze the application (doesn't matter which player used- even the windows startup and exit won't play the WAV sounds, and my browser will crash if i try and watch an FLV file), i always manage to fix it by restoring to before the update.

I am running a DELL 17 Studio laptop about 1 year old, Windows Home premium 7, 64-bit. I am not that technical so please don't ask questions about my hardware (as it's clearly an O/S issue),

Best regards
David

A:Playing any media causes crash after Windows Update

David,,enter cmd and type chkdsk/f and see if you pick up any errors...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/119428-playing-any-media-causes-crash-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 49.88%
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all I've recently installed a Compiler IDE I want avoid telling IDE name becouse my question is not related on it and it worked well But crash Compiler how update, IDE to clean windows after after installing SP and SP package of this Complier IDE it crash after creating a new project or opening a project I've uninstalled this IDE and reinstalled it without any additional SP packs likes in the first installation but now it crashes in the same point like happened with SP packages Here what's happend Installed Complier IDE Working Installed Complier IDE SP Installed Complier IDE SP Stopped working and crash Uninstalled Installed Complier IDE SP Installed Complier IDE without SP and SP Complier IDE's Stopped working and crash I suppose that Complier IDE's SP and SP changed something in Windows System that cause this error My question is how can I restore Windows Setting Registers Files to be able to run again this software excluding format What've tryed Uninstall Compiler IDE Delete all folders of Compiler IDE in Compiler IDE crash after update, how to clean windows - C - C Programs - C User User Name AppData Local LocalLow Roaming - C User User Name Documents Running CCleaner Manually remove all registers with Compliler IDE's name from RegEdit I wanted to try also Image System restore but my oldest Image System is when program doesn't work Any suggest I also wanted to try a Virtual Machine to avid format PC but it'll slow system any alternatives

A:Compiler IDE crash after update, how to clean windows

Try uninstalling it with something more powerful like Revo uninstaller.

Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Select Advanced Option > Select All and Delete All (both scans)

This will help find any leftover files from the installation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365324-compiler-ide-crash-after-update-how-clean-windows.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Is there any solution to constant system failure to a level where the blue screen turns up and laptop can't be even turned on, after every system update?

I've checked the drivers and everything, but since the big update pack somewhere in March every update ends up in system failure. And the restore points before the updates are useless, because system doesn't recognize them.

After the second time this has happened and I've lost all the files that has not been backed up on hard drive I really start to think is there something wrong to Lenovo and Windows 7 combination?

I almost start to regret that I have legal version with update option.

A:System crash after every attempt to update Windows 7 64 bit on Lenovo

* It would be very helpful if we had your System Specs to know what we are dealing with...
System Info - See Your System Specs

* Have you received any error messages?

* Have you a Win 7 disk?

* IF you are having Blue Screens of Death

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
Please attach the DMP files to your next post not to post one.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229872-system-crash-after-every-attempt-update-windows-7-64-bit-lenovo.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all,

Installed a new motherboard and everything went well with that untill I start updating windows. Windows downlaods all the updates then does a restart and on the restart I get the blue screen of death. Please help. Many Thanks in advance.

A:Fresh Install - Large Windows Update Crash

Hello powerade,

► This is one, VIRTU LucidInterop WDDM Driver by LucidLogix

Code:
fffff880`04a12090 fffff880`03fd6900Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\VirtuWDDM.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for VirtuWDDM.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for VirtuWDDM.sys
VirtuWDDM+0xe900
Try to upload the driver from lucidlogix with GPU Solution.

► Intel HD Graphics Driver

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {fffffa7fffffffe0, 2, 1, fffff8000316c99c}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+a376f )

Followup: MachineOwner
Update it from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx.

Do the changes and let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257806-fresh-install-large-windows-update-crash.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Had just downloaded auto update for .net framework on 3.07.13.
System totally locked.
Help.
Safe mode OK.

A:[SOLVED] Vista Crash After Windows Automatic Update.

Just perform a system restore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vista-crash-after-windows-automatic-update-701589.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Rebootedmy laptop after latest Windows 7 updates. While closing it started installing latest service pack. Next time I looked at screen it had gone to a black screen scrolling white text. Each line is 'Recovering orphaned file xxxxx into directory xxxxx' has been doinng this continuously for an hour now with 2 or 3 occasional half second pauses. Any ideas what is happening and what I should do next?

A:Windows 7 update crash now getting recovering orphaned files

DO NOT MESS WITH IT!!!

IT is running chkdsk, which means your filesystem is corrupted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-update-crash-now-getting-recovering-orphaned-files.1021882/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all So my pc had started downloading updates and a few minutes later my system hung Desktop showed on monitor but mouse didn't move cursor hitting keys did nothing including good old alt ctrl del So I waited a minute to make sure it wouldn't recover and hit reset On windows startup it installed some of the updates Update after updates fails to crash download Windows it had started downloading before the crash However when I got into windows it said there were updates ready for download but whenever I try Windows Update fails to download updates after crash to download those I get an error Code B Windows Update encountered an unknown error Googling this I saw a suggestion to download and run System Update Readiness Tool Checksur exe which I did but still got the same error So I tried to do a system restore to the day before that crash still no go So I tried downloading the updates manually and install them but then I get told quot The update is not applicable to your computer quot So pardon my french but what the hell should I do I really really really don't want to reinstall windows PS Updates that fail are KB KB and KB

A:Windows Update fails to download updates after crash

Hello Valle, welcome to SF!

This sometimes happens when, for some reason, things are not updated in the right order. There are loads of other reasons but for me this is the most common.

Did you take a look at: Windows Update - Reset

It can help you reset the update history and put in what you want in the order advised.

Sometimes you don't want a specific update. That is when you use this: Windows Update - Uninstall an Update

Post back if you need more...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/176382-windows-update-fails-download-updates-after-crash.html
Relevancy 49.45%

While in Internet Explorer, my Windows 7 SP1 64-bit system froze.
I had to hard reboot it and tried to get into System Restore. I could not type into the command line or open Control Panel. This went on for 2 hours.

Somehow I got into System Restore and restored to before a Windows Update for:

definition update for windows defender - kb915597 (Definition 1.191.3347.0)

Seems OK now, but would like to know what happened.

Any ideas?
cb

A:Crash After definition update for windows defender - kb915597

Try the update again. Sometimes it just fouls out, but rarely.

Make sure you have System Restore turned on and plenty of disk space apportioned to it: System Protection - Change Disk Space Usage

If necessary you can always access System Restore from System Recovery Options by the various methods shown. I'd make my System Repair Disk if you don't have the Win7 installation media to boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/359842-crash-after-definition-update-windows-defender-kb915597.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I usually can figure stuff out through google but these problems have absolutely floored me. I have not been able to update Windows in quite some time. It claims it was never updated. I also cannot manually update Microsoft Security Essentials though it does seem to automatically update regularly. I've tried just about every suggestion on the net and nothing is working.

Then when updating my iPhone to the new iOS, the update crashed and now my phone can't even be restored through iTunes -- this may be possibly be caused by outdated Windows.

It's driving me insane. My phone is ruined, I can't update my stuff properly. What the hell? Please help!

A:Windows will not update (may also be causing iPhone crash with iTunes)

Quote:

Originally Posted by icarusbreathes

I usually can figure stuff out through google but these problems have absolutely floored me. I have not been able to update Windows in quite some time. It claims it was never updated. I also cannot manually update Microsoft Security Essentials though it does seem to automatically update regularly. I've tried just about every suggestion on the net and nothing is working.

Then when updating my iPhone to the new iOS, the update crashed and now my phone can't even be restored through iTunes -- this may be possibly be caused by outdated Windows.

It's driving me insane. My phone is ruined, I can't update my stuff properly. What the hell? Please help!

I solved it. Found a batch file through google, ran it and it slowly got my updates working again, then uninstalled all iTunes components again, reinstalled, and uninstalled the broken Apple drivers in device manager and it worked. YES!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-will-not-update-may-also-be-causing-iphone-crash-with-itunes-645479.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I've been struggling with my PC for a few weeks now and everything I've done to fix it seems to make it worse First things were just hanging sometimes with a notice of quot Not Responding quot but often with no error message at all Noticed first on Secunia PSI Outlook and Firefox Windows Updates started failing All DISM - Update, Windows sfc, Crash/hang/freeze Failed: I use Advanced System Care Pro and ran all the ordinary scans I updated and ran Malwarebytes no malicious items found Windows Defender updates have been successful so I ran that a few times with no issues found CHKDSK in Admin Command box ran without issue Sometimes it takes minutes to open Task Manager or File Explorer I am trying to make sure I have backups Crash/hang/freeze - All Failed: Windows Update, sfc, DISM current because I fear I might have to Refresh the system and I am very concerned about losing Outlook data and losing other desktop program data I disabled Windows Updates and switched to Clean Boot which seems to make rebooting a bit faster takes about minutes instead of an hour At the advice of a Microsoft Tech I ran sfc scannow in clean boot First time it finished verifying then couldn't finish Next times I tried to run it it just froze without error messages even after many hours So I tried to run DISM according to tutorial on this website got Error I ran the SF Debug Tool and tried and failed at attaching the zip file here The box opened for attaching it but nothing loaded Chrome seems to be working very slowly at the moment Fortunately I have a smartphone to look up tech help when the computer is not cooperating

A:Crash/hang/freeze - All Failed: Windows Update, sfc, DISM

Shockwave Flash crashes when I try to upload the .zip file.

edited to add: I think I got it to upload:
Attachment 54130

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57313-crash-hang-freeze-all-failed-windows-update-sfc-dism.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Team I am unable to update my windows bit home premium due to the above error mentioned Went through the steps of help below but I cannot find SQL Server VSS Writer program installed in my system please let me know where to find this program to download and install Crash Update to 780 Windows - Blue leading error Screen it Due to this update issue i'm seeing the blue Windows Update error 780 - leading to Blue Screen Crash screen crash of the OS Please help me out how to resolve this issue Windows Update error If you receive error when you try to install Windows updates Windows was unable to start the SQL Server VSS Windows Update error 780 - leading to Blue Screen Crash Writer service To fix this problem follow these steps Check the SQL Server VSS Writer service startup type Click to open Administrative Tools Double-click Services Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation type the password or provide confirmation Right-click SQL Server VSS Writer and then click Properties On the General tab make sure the Startup type is set to Automatic or Manual If the SQL Server VSS Writer Service Startup type is already set to Automatic or Manual follow the steps in the next procedure Review the SQL Server summary log Open the SQL Server summary log to determine which other services can't be started The log is located at programfile Microsoft SQL Server Setup Bootstrap Log Hotfix For every service listed in the log file that didn't start follow the steps under quot Check the SQL Server VSS Writer Service startup type quot above replacing SQL Server VSS Writer with the service listed in the file Error codes this applies to WindowsUpdate WindowsUpdate x Regards Anurag

A:Windows Update error 780 - leading to Blue Screen Crash

Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/284529-windows-update-error-780-leading-blue-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I m asking this on behalf of a friend He has a new server bit hardware with nForce chipset I can get ANY crash Server after Explorer update 64bit 2003 windows exact specs if needed Also has Server Enterprise SP v x which is the quot educational quot version It comes via the MS academy server or something In any case so he Explorer crash after ANY windows update Server 2003 64bit has all this bit stuff right He also Explorer crash after ANY windows update Server 2003 64bit loaded Nvidia s bit nForce set Now there is no other software on this accept the one program which this whole thing was built for It required hardware and software There is no antivirus or antispyware or rd party stuff etc The problem was first seen when this program said it required NET Well big deal he goes on Windows updates sees the updates but after they install explorer can t run any more It crashes But if he uninstalls the update it works again He tried a whole handfull of updates at a time but any update he does explorer is crashing upon restart and the update has to be uninstalled So he can t load updates or NET framework Here is the error log entry that happens after any update is applied Event Type Error Event Source Application Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer THISONE Description Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module kernel dll version fault address x b For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data c Applicat f e c ion Fail ure exp c f e lorer ex e e e e e b e in kerne c e c c l dll e e e at f offset b When the update is removed it works fine when ANY update is applied it crashes Very weird and neither of us can find any useful info whilst googling Any ideas nbsp

A:Explorer crash after ANY windows update Server 2003 64bit

It seems that the version he installed was a slightly earlier version with a beta Service Pack 1.
He was not able to find a full install of x64 Service Pack 1, so could not reload it, or put on SP2 or anything. He ended up having to use the trial version of the real Server 2003 (for now), and that worked fine. So there was something wrong with that install or more likely with the beta SP1 it came with.

So for now, if you have this problem, check your Service Pack version!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/explorer-crash-after-any-windows-update-server-2003-64bit.58088/
Relevancy 49.02%

Recently I updated my Windows with the Anniversary update Since then Visual Studio crashes like crazy and some of the programs are not working Here are the crash errors Code - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot NET Runtime quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt 10 Update Anniversary 2015 Studio Windows on Crash Visual Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt Visual Studio 2015 Crash on Windows 10 Anniversary Update Application devenv Visual Studio 2015 Crash on Windows 10 Anniversary Update exe Framework Version v Description The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception Exception Info System TypeLoadException at Microsoft VisualStudio VIL DebuggerHost VirtualAppDomain get DebuggerTypeUniverse at Microsoft VisualStudio VIL DebuggerHost GlobalContext Dispose Boolean at Microsoft VisualStudio VIL VisualStudioHost VSGlobalContext Dispose Boolean at Microsoft VisualStudio VIL VisualStudioHost Interpreter Destroy at VSDebugEngine ClrInspector VilHelper Dispose at VSDebugEngine ClrInspector VilHelper OnClose at Microsoft VisualStudio Debugger DkmDataItem InvokeOnClose XapiComponentInfo Microsoft VisualStudio Debugger DkmDataItem at Microsoft VisualStudio Debugger DkmDataContainer OnCloseNativeObject XapiComponentInfo at Microsoft VisualStudio Debugger DkmDataContainer Callback OnCloseNativeObject IntPtr XapiComponentInfo lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- And Code - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt devenv exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt d lt Data gt lt Data gt KERNELBASE dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt d c lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt d f c f dde lt Data gt lt Data gt C Program Files x Microsoft Visual Studio Common IDE devenv exe lt Data gt lt Data gt C WINDOWS System KERNELBASE dll lt Data gt lt Data gt f cb c-e f- c -bd e- ddcaa fb c lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Code - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt Microsoft Alm Shared Remoting RemoteContainer dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt b f lt Data gt lt Data gt KERNELBASE dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt e lt Data gt lt Data gt d c lt Data gt lt Data gt cc lt Data gt lt Data gt d f d aa lt Data gt lt Data gt C WINDOWS Microsoft Net assembly GAC Microsoft Alm Shared Remoting RemoteContainer v b f f f d a a Microsoft Alm Shared Remoting RemoteContainer dll lt Data gt lt Data gt C WINDOWS System KERNELBASE dll lt Data gt lt Data gt d ce e -ade - -bb e- dfebb b e lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt ---------... Read more

A:Visual Studio 2015 Crash on Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Applications don't always migrate correctly to a new build. So sometimes, you are forced to re-install them.

This is not a problem with "the new windows", it's a problem with the app migration during the upgrade. Re-installing makes things correct again.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/60739-visual-studio-2015-crash-windows-10-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'M GETTING THIS MESSAGE WHEN I GO TO ONLY ONE WEBSITE....

An   issue prevented Internet Explorer from displaying the web page.    Click the button above to launch HP Network Check to automatically   diagnose and repair the issue.<o:p></o:p><u1:p></u1:p>
About HP Network Check

Can automatically detect, diagnose and repair   many common network issues

Integrated with Windows Network Diagnostics   Framework, so it runs both simultaneusly

Provides clear instructions to resolve issues   that cannot be fixed automatically

Shows key system and network information for   easier troubleshooting

WHEN I ALLOW DIAGNOSIS...NO ISSUE IS DETERMINED....INDICATES 'NO ISSUE FOUND WITH  CONNECTION.  HOW ONE OR TWO ISSUES WITH INTERNET WEBSITE (?)...
IT'S JUST AN EMPLOYMENT WEBSITE.....NOT COMPUTER SAAVY....NOT OFFENDED FOR A DUMBDOWN....THANK YOU

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0bfb3377-04d7-4bcb-a868-522eda8a4a40/previous-computer-crashdue-to-windows-updaterecovery-donenow-important-website?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm having some crash and startup issues. Most recently, I've received some BSoDs for no real noticeable reason (one happened when I had two Firefox windows with Youtube open at once, another when I tried opening my Trillian contact list while playing an MMORPG). The main problem is related to startup; usually after a crash or a hard shutdown, Windows will refuse to start up and give me one of a number of varying error messages, the most common being "A disk read error occured, press CTRL-ALT-DELETE to restart." Leaving the computer shut down for a while (say, twenty minutes) will usually allow me to start back up with no error.

I know the details are somewhat sparse, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas. Does this sound like I need a reformat, a new hard drive, or something else?

I'm running Windows XP 64-bit edition.

A:Windows x64 Crash and Startup Problems

A disk read error occuredClick to expand...

I would back up important data first, then replace what seems to be a failing hard drive or bad data cable connecting the drive to the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-x64-crash-and-startup-problems.862911/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey there guys and gals Well i m having some serious problems central xp problems crash windows with my windows xp windows xp problems crash central sp Basically what keeps happening is on a very regular basis its causing program crashes particularly it seems when im browsing windows xp problems crash central the web or watching videos Now my pc is more than capable of running windows xp amd mb ram geforce gb sata hdd abit kv pro etc Also all my programs are legit i run firefox as my main browser with ie as backup both experience crashes my windows cd is one which i bought to accompany a previous pc that is now gathering dust in my attic but still all the prgrams i am running now i was running on my old system fine a few games windvd messenger msoffice k On my old system these things ran slowly but i never experienced a crash on them ATm it is approximately x a day i receive the error message firefox explorer windvd etc has experienced an error and needs to close sorry for any inconvenience To compound my problems it happens at spradic intervals so it might catch me x on the trot when i open a program then be fine for hours afterwards or it might take place every mins one thing i have noticed it it seems to happen slightly less often when my pc is actually in use but if i leave it alone for a few minutes im likely to be screwed I also on a slightly rarer basis go into a bsod where im told that windows has encountered a problem and has shut down to protect my system Now i cant remember the exact error i receive if you needit let me know and i ll be sure to find out for you at some point tonight But its something to do with irql being not less or equal if that makes any sense Now i just tried to download sp to see if that resolved any errors but i was told that my install had failed Error Code F DF which leads me to believe somethings corrupted on my windows installation so thats where im looking to you guys for help Thanks in advance Dan nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hey this is my first time posting on this site and I could use everyone's and anyone's help or suggestions I have a little problem which has started to occur more frequently recently The problem is my computer crashes or just freezes while playing games These are not blue screen crashes the screen just goes black or some random color It even goes black with lines running down the screen sometimes that are extremely thin and are usually a random color as well I have a few ideas what the problem might Vista Windows Problems Crash be but I'm not a computer expert so I don't want to do anything without asking for someone's help Firstly it could be a video card problem Windows Vista Crash Problems but I am hesitant to Windows Vista Crash Problems think so Windows Vista Crash Problems since about a month and a half ago my old nVidia GeForce GX died on me I have since replaced it with a ATI Radeon HD video card Thus the card is relatively new and I don't think it could already be broken Furthermore these crashes only occur while I'm playing games They never occur while I am surfing the web or using any application other than a game Secondly I read that it could be a power supply issue but when I was buying my card from Dell the technician told me that my power supply unit had enough energy to run my new video card Now there is the possibility that they mixed something up and gave me a card that drains to much power but again it is highly unlikely I would think Another thing I read about was overheating It is possible that my system is overheating but whenever I think about this it doesn't make sense to me My old video card ran fine for year at temperature of - degrees Celsius However my new card runs at around - degrees Celsius This is why i don't think there could possibly be an overheating problem with my computer since it ran fine for almsot years at - degrees Celsius and is now running - degrees cooler These are some ideas I have come up with but really I have no idea why it keeps happening I have only encountered the crash while playing Starcraft and World of Warcraft However I have only experienced the World of Warcraft crash once or twice I believe and it was way back when I first got this card Where as the Starcraft crashes started off randomly as well but became more frequent They have become so frequent that in the last days I have experienced more than crashes while trying to play the game Now the crashes occurred while playing a specific game in starcraft custom game I'm not sure if any of this helps but it would be great if anyone could help me figure this out I really don't know what to do and need someone's help Please help me out if you can even if it's just a little Thx

A:Windows Vista Crash Problems

Since it is only on a few games, it sounds like these games are either power hungry or need a good graphics card.

Go to the device manager and look for any yellow warning posters, indicating that a driver or the card is defective. Then make sure that you have the most up to date driver.

Also take the windows memory diagnostic test, although not the most accurate, I do not think that memtest86 is warranted at this point.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/282526-windows-vista-crash-problems.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm having trouble with my PC and was hoping you guys might be able to help me figure out what's wrong I was running a non genuine version of windows ultimate and it got to the point that my desktop background was removed Occasionally when I played certain games my computer would shut down randomly without any error messages just shuts off I assumed this was because my version was not genuine as well So I bought a key and upgraded to windows It was working fine at first I've gamed for hours It's been gradually getting worse over the week I could browse the web for a couple hours and then it would just shut off No blue problems.. 10 Windows and boot having crash screen nothing It just goes dark have Windows 10 having boot and crash problems.. led lights and then it will restart it self It will shut down while restarting and do this a few times until it finally says windows failed to start correctly and gives me the trouble shoot options If I leave it in windows repair for a few minutes it will shut down again as well Now when windows is loading up there is an audible click inside the computer and the screen goes black If anyone could help me trouble shoot this it would Windows 10 having boot and crash problems.. be greatly appreciated At this point my computer won't try to start windows it only starts automatic repair Was I supposed to update anything along with windows I updated my graphics driver and the windows updates What about the bios I'm still rather new at custom PCs There's an option to reinstall windows and remove all my applications Im guessing I should probably try that right I'm worried it could be hard drive failure Here's my build if that helps http pcpartpicker com user Vontroxler saved VRgXL

A:Windows 10 having boot and crash problems..

I have since used the only restore point I had, which was 8/12 when I uninstalled some random program I didn't need, but also this restore point doesn't have the windows update installed (which I hear some people had a problem with). I managed to create a system repair disc. I'm not updating windows for now and seeing if the problem persists. Right now, everything seems to be fine.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586693/windows-10-having-boot-and-crash-problems/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi In recent weeks my computer is keep crashing and i can not do anything even Ctrl Alt Delete doesn t function and I have to reboot every time Also i get constant POP UPS too I run HijackThis and here is the report Please any advice on what i should keep and what i should delete Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes H WINDOWS System smss exe H WINDOWS system csrss exe H XP problems(Crash+POPUP) Windows WINDOWS system winlogon exe H WINDOWS system services exe H WINDOWS system lsass exe H WINDOWS system svchost exe H WINDOWS System svchost exe H WINDOWS System svchost exe H WINDOWS System svchost exe H WINDOWS system spoolsv exe H WINDOWS Windows XP problems(Crash+POPUP) System alg exe H WINDOWS Explorer EXE H Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus isafe exe H PROGRA CA ETRUST ETRUST VetMsg exe H WINDOWS System wuauclt Windows XP problems(Crash+POPUP) exe H WINDOWS bokja exe H PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe H Program Files SBC Connection Manager CManager exe H PROGRA BROADJ CORREC CCD exe H PROGRA BROADJ CLIENT CFD exe H Program Files Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe H Program Files Yahoo Messenger YPAGER EXE H WINDOWS mwsvm exe H Program Files Yahoo browser ybrowser exe C unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www seekseek com quicksearch asp keyphrase R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - E F - FFB- -A -EA BC - no file O - BHO no name - SOFTWARE - no file O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - H Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dll O - BHO no name - F D-A A - CBC-A - BD E E - H WINDOWS System eclgq dll O - BHO no name - C BC - C - B B- F-C B F ABD B - H DOCUME ALLUSE APPLIC Pribi Pribi dll O - BHO no name - D - F -DE - DE -CBB FF - H PROGRA EACHBE long face dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - H Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - H WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Logoarmy - A F - F - - -CC F CC C - H PROGRA EACHBE long face dll O - HKLM Run bokja H WINDOWS bokja exe O - HKLM Run aqadcup H WINDOWS aqadcup exe O - HKLM Run slmss H Program Files Common Files slmss slmss exe O - HKLM Run mwsvm H WINDOWS mwsvm exe O - HKLM Run THGuard quot H Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe quot O - HKLM RunOnce TV Media H Program Files TV Media Tvm exe O - HKCU RunOnce TV Media H Program Files TV Media Tvm exe O - Extra context menu item Yahoo Dictionary - file H Program Files Yahoo Common ycdict htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo Search - file H Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra button Yahoo Login HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Login HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger HKLM O - Extra button Free Surfer HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Free Surfer HKLM O - DPF C E-FA D- -BACC-D C EF EPUImageControl Class - http tools ebayimg com eps wl activex EPUWALControl v - - - cab O - DPF BCB- D A- D -A B- DA DE RdxIE Class - http software-dl real com eea fba de netzip RdxIE cab O - DPF EBE - A- E - E-CA A D A QCV B QCV B Install - http www quickcleaner com redir cab QCV B CAB O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF B BFD- E - -B AF- A B EA WScanCtl Class - http www ca com securityadvisor virusinfo webscan cab O - DPF EEB D -CC - E -B -AC C ECC SLViewer Control - http www seevideo co kr pub seelive SLViewer CAB O - DPF A E C -A BA- D - - DB C YahooYMailTo Class - http download yahoo com dl installs ymail ymmapi dll O - DPF B F - - C -AA A- BB YAddBook Class - http download yahoo com dl installs yab ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-problems-crash-popup.257006/
Relevancy 47.3%

Windows Update cannot crrently check for updates, becouse the service is not running.You may need to restart your computer.
That the problem i have with my windows udate in services.msc i dont have Windows Update folder file or whatever, when i bought my computer i remeber that i asked not to enable windows update and he disabled it. Now when i need it so much becouse my net framework not instaling and others programs bugging like hell i cant enable it. I searched a lot of forums and didnt found anything. So please if you could help me it would be nice .

A:Windows Update problems(Windows Update cannot crrently check for...)

Welcome to the forum.

Do a sfc scannow and reboot when prompted to:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Also do what the link below says you:
What is the System Update Readiness Tool&#63;

Post back for further suggestions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/248022-windows-update-problems-windows-update-cannot-crrently-check.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all,

So yesterday Windows 8 prompted me that my system was going to shutdown in 15 minutes in order to apply updates that had prior been downloaded, which was fine. It shutdown, and when it restarted it look longer than usual to get past the Lenovo screen. Eventually it said I'd have to run automatic repair to fix boot issues - so I did. That failed and it said I'd have to system restore, so I did - which also failed. I then restarted the computer, and now I get to the login screen, I press enter to get the password box up, but the screen is blank. I have the accessibility options button and the power off buttons in the bottom left and right respectively, but nowhere to enter my password in order to login.

I'm not sure where to go from here, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56524-windows-8-crash-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My Hard-drive recently crashed so I purchased a new one but I didn't have my recovery CD's so I went ahead and used my friends Windows 7 "ULTIMATE" disc not realizing that the product key I own is a Windows 7 "Home Premium" key.

Now Ultimate is installed on my machine and not authenticated so I purchased the recovery discs for Home Premium from the manufacturer's website but when I boot up the PC with the disc in the CD-ROM it just goes straight to windows and won't recognize or load the disc.

Any ideas?

A:Having problems recovering windows after a hard-drive crash.

Have you set the BIOS to boot from the DVD drive first---or, alternatively, do you have a menu available maybe by F8 during boot that will allow you to choose the DVD as the first boot device for this boot only?

I'm not sure if your recovery disks are CD or DVD, but I wouldn't expect a CD reader to read DVDs.

Are the recovery disks visible in Windows Explorer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/200185-having-problems-recovering-windows-after-hard-drive-crash.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Recently had to replace HDD due to HDD crash. Cloning procedure performed OK, be it slowly, but the replacement booted fine. However when I try to update MSE I get the "Virus and Spyware definitions could be updated" warning and the the error code reported is 0xc8000247. Windows Update gives me a warning that "the service is not currently running. You may need to restart the computer." I've restarted and I get the same warnings. I've tried "WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab" and it runs and takes a long while. Each time I get different results from all green check marks to some red x. It doesn't seem to fix anything. I've been working at this for 2+ days researching the net and nothing seems to be the winning fix. I'm looking for any suggestions. I'm willing to go back to square one with suggestions as to a fix. Please help. Where do I start.

A:Cannot update MSE and Microsoft Update after recet HDD crash

Please view the first post in Updates and Activations issued by Brink and post the requested files, Please read the instructions carefully if the Log sizes cause a download failure.

I will request that this post is moved to the correct sub-forum.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/381243-cannot-update-mse-microsoft-update-after-recet-hdd-crash.html
Relevancy 43%

In a nutshell my computer was infected with Smitfraud which is truly nasty I had the popups the red X in the system tray and the random files all over the computer like kheijnle dll I finally found SuperAntispyware free edition which was able to find and remove the virus trojan explorer, problems: windows WMI update, windows Smitfraud Post and DCOM Unfortunately it had damaged enough system files that I had to repair my XP installation twice and Post Smitfraud problems: windows update, windows explorer, WMI and DCOM reinstall SP twice Many applications had to be reinstalled or repaired and in one case I had tech support at Blackberry walk me through fixing their management software During the process of disabling all startup items which they had me do I may have lost some functions Here s my current situation Windows Update won t run telling me components are missing and need to be reregistered which I ve done WMI isn t working and I ve tried WMIdiags which reports numerous DCOM errors I have erased the WBEM folder and had that rebuilt then restored it from the install disk When I click the dropdown box on Windows Explorer the system goes away for a minute or so really before the box appears Same thing when I click on My Computer I get to watch the sweeping flashlight for a full minute I have no mapped drives to restore Other than overall slowness all else is working adequately except the explorer problems affect every program that uses a file open box or file save etc If I type the entire pathname it works ok but browsing is almost impossible Oh one more thing In services the service alg exe application layer gateway has been given what looks like a smitfraud description namely quot Abmsyrtsrqn quot Searching for Abmsyrtsrqn in the registry gives me a dozen or so occurances alg exe service is set to manual and not started In all my years of computing I have never encountered so destructive a problem though it s quite possible that I made matters worse by trying to repair things in my haphazard way

A:Post Smitfraud problems: windows update, windows explorer, WMI and DCOM

Hi rmccaleb,

It sounds like a lot of files were damaged before you tried removing the malware and your computer may also still be infected. Do you have any of the orginal logs from SmitFraud Fix and from SuperAntiSpyware? Have you gone through the malware removal procedures at this site or did you do everything on your own? There are a number of tools you did not use which may still be of value if your computer is still infected, but they require the help of someone who is trained for this. Is backing up your data and doing a clean install an option for you?

Zllio

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/186826/post-smitfraud-problems-windows-update-windows-explorer-wmi-and-dcom/
Relevancy 43%

Another machine with issues Booted to safe mode and install malwarebytes Removed pup programs including coupon clipper and rocket mp - tried to use windows uninstall to remove disabled. Unknown defender with Windows windows maiware - update. Problems some of them after malwarebytes cleaned up over files were cleaned up Booted in normal mode Windows update did not update for about a week Trend Micro firewall av not updating Noticed windows defender message in logs not starting Updated mailwarebytes and reran - came up clean Had to reinstall Trend Unknown maiware - Windows defender disabled. Problems with windows update. Micro so updates would work Ran trend micro scan - Nothing found Ran malwarebytes rootkit checker - nothing tried to run windows update Not all updates worked especially windows defender update Tried to get windows defender to work - Failed Ran windows update - Noticed update for office not working - hid the update Ran it again - found updates installed but the others failed Rebooted machine Windows update stated that windows was updated ---WRONG BEHAVIOR Those updates should still be there-- Suspect some kind of virus but none seem to be obvious-- FRST logs included DDS logs included Malware files included Summary nfo file included Please advice

A:Unknown maiware - Windows defender disabled. Problems with windows update.

Files did not attach first time. Here they are.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556591/unknown-maiware-windows-defender-disabled-problems-with-windows-update/
Relevancy 43%

Hi all I just reinstalled windows After going thru a-lot of problems tried to install windows on SATA drive without having a floppy i succeed I thought that was the end for my more reinstalling Windows not occuring after loading and windows problems update problems for now at-least and started installing my drivers also formatted all the other partitions and restarted the computer Before restarting everything worked properly When the computer booted and the windows loading screen went on I thought it ll take it a few seconds but it went for like minutes and didn t stop loading I decided to grab something to eat and went for about Windows update not loading and more problems occuring after reinstalling windows more minutes when I came Windows update not loading and more problems occuring after reinstalling windows back it was still loading so i decided to restart When windows got to the safe mode screen i decided to choose try the last best setting and it helped windows loaded properly but didn t have the drivers i installed before so I installed them restart again and windows not working again back to take the last best setting and back to windows working I did it step by step installing a driver and rebooting but didn t installed RAID controller and USB driver Since i don t need them i decided to not installed them but my problem occurs when i try to update windows Internet Explorer stops working as soon as i go inside quot windows update quot or quot microsoft update quot but i know it worked before i did the first restart Also going to the Automatic Update tab in System Settings gives me an error What should i do Thanks a-lot Chaim Edit just installed the RAID driver and problem occurred again windows isn t loading another that i found happening is that after POST power on self test it takes the computer a few minutes to start loading the OS while in regular times it won t take more then a second nbsp

A:Windows update not loading and more problems occuring after reinstalling windows

I have found that installing drivers it is best to do one at a time and make sure the system boots before installing another. That way you can figure out which one is giving you a problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-not-loading-and-more-problems-occuring-after-reinstalling-windows.546786/
Relevancy 43%

Hello, I have had a problem with Windows Updating. The yellow shield appears, I click it and download, yellow shield disappears (off of screen and task bar) and then maybe later it will come up asking me to install it but it always installs incorrectly.

I was wondering if it was a problem in C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache. I went to this website http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html and I want to do the scan, but I am not quite sure where my windows xp cd is. My question would be is there a way to do this without the CD? Can I either bypass it in sfc.exe or use an alternate program?

Any advice would be helpful, thanks .

A:Windows Won't update. how to check for problems in C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache?

Bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-update-how-to-check-for-problems-in-c-windows-system32-dllcache.947018/
Relevancy 43%

About 2-3 days ago, I downloaded the windows 7 64 bit updates. After the re-boot, some of my programs I use kept asking "do you want to change your system", or something like that. I never got that before because I loaded these programs myself.
Today, 12/12, I received one new update to MS windows 7 that took about 10 minutes to download and install. I re-booted, and now everything is fine. I think MS forgot, or coded the update wrong.
Does anyone know what happened, or did anyone experience this same problem? I have a Dell XPS.
Thanks

A:Solved: Windows update to windows 7 causing problems, but now is fixed

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Micr...e-to-Fix-Botched-KB3004394-Patch-467248.shtml

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3024777

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-update-to-windows-7-causing-problems-but-now-is-fixed.1139147/
Relevancy 43%

Ok so normally I can fix most any bug on my computer and it's not a big deal for me But this one sucks and it has been a problem 7 3-5 HJT Incl: mins Process log & @ current crash crash. full list Windows after / for about a month now I have tried over a dozen different quot fixes quot from over different blog sites with no real solution to my problem I am running Win home premium w Gig ram Intel i on an Asus U F Here is a run down of what happens I log on windows starts normally windows runs for about - minutes with nothing wrong and then freezes The mouse is still movable but cannot open or close anything If task mgr is up and onscreen it will also freeze I have to hard-boot the system every time I am currently operating in Safe-mode w networking just to get on the web or do anything Safe-mode runs fine I just don't want to Windows 7 crash after 3-5 mins / Incl: Process list & full current HJT log @ crash. use it forever Below are the processes running at Windows 7 crash after 3-5 mins / Incl: Process list & full current HJT log @ crash. the time of crash Name Usage Path svchost C windows system svchost sys idle -- Trustedinstaller exe C windows servicing Trustedinstaller exe coreserviceshell exe C Programfiles TrendMicro AMSP coreserviceshell exe system C windows system ntoskrnl exe searchindexer exe C windows system searchindexer exe mbamservice exe C Programfiles x malwarebytes' antimalware mbamser taskmgr exe C windows system taskmgr exe conhost exe C windows system conhost exe csrss exe C windows system csrss exe I know most of these processes so they don't scare me however this is the first time I have seen quot conhost exe quot quot searchindexer exe quot or the system running quot ntoskrnl exe quot after boot up which I investigated to find that it should not be running at all after the boot process I would like to know if there is anything that sticks out like a sore thumb here Below is my HJT report as of this past week Is there anything here that dings any bells and whistles I'm still not skilled enough to know what I am looking at with one of these Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL Asus MSN R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Yahoo R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Trend Micro NSC BHO - CA B-DC D- A - - E FAC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmIEPlg dll O - BHO Trend Micro Toolbar BHO - C D -A C - c - F -FD E E - C Program Files Trend Micro Titanium UIFramework ToolbarIE dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D ... Read more

A:Windows 7 crash after 3-5 mins / Incl: Process list & full current HJT log @ crash.

Hi Indyspark and welcome to TSF,

None of the processes sticks out, and are perfectly fine where they are.

Could you access the event log and see if there are any faults around the time that this issue appears? If so, what faults do you receive?

You could try running a "sfc /scannow" and a system repair aswell as restoring to a previously known working restore point, just as general "fixes".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-crash-after-3-5-mins-incl-process-list-and-full-current-hjt-log-crash-588347.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey My month and half old Acer V started to give BSOD's did some sort of recovery and started working again for a couple of hours if not trying to recovery total crash and BSOD crash/failure and windows access any Windows files If tried to look up error logs etc it gave different versions of the BSOF So I tried to run Recovery getting it back to factory settings and that's when Windows crashed completely I followed Acer customer support advice ordered recovery discs couldn't create BSOD and total windows crash and recovery crash/failure one because Windows crashed when trying it I got the recovery discs ran the recovery which ended up giving me failure because of quot missing image-something quot Another call to Acer and they told to run different recovery version from the puter That recovery end to a failure again After several restarts and what not windows started up again being slower than usual I'm now having constant problems losing internet connection I've had couple minidumbs and several issues with windows updater and such and these after machine should be back in the factory settings Anyhow here's the last log if anyone could take a look on it before I throw this machine to the wall

A:BSOD and total windows crash and recovery crash/failure

For starters:

At work we start all repairs with a set of diagnostics. Often they find problems that weren't even expected. It's a waste of time to try to fix software on a system that has hardware problems.
Please try these free diagnostics for starters: Initial Hardware Diagnostics
Also, please ensure that you have ALL available Windows Updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

In particular, start with the hard drive diagnostics as I suspect that is the problem.

Although there's only 2 memory dumps (it usually takes 4 or 5 to conclude if it's a hardware error or not) - the repeated failure of factory installs makes a hardware failure the most likely problem here. Please run the diagnostics that I suggested above and let us know the results.

There are a list of drivers that need updating (because the recovery media was made a while ago). Don't worry about them until you've finished the hardware diagnostics. If all the diagnostics pass, then update the drivers.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

NTIDrvr.sys Mon Apr 19 21:39:04 2010 (4BCD05B8)
NTI CD-ROM Filter Driver by NewTech Infosystems (likely a part of Acer Empowering Technology)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NTIDrvr.sys

UBHelper.sys Tue Jul 6 00:20:31 2010 (4C32AF0F)
NTI CD &DVD-Maker or NTI Backup NOW! or NTI CD-Maker by NewTech Infosystems (usually in Acer Empowering Technology)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=UBHelper.sys

mwlPSDFilter.sys Fri Mar 25 03:12:11 2011 (4D8C404B)
EgisTec Inc. Fingerprint Biometrics
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mwlPSDFilter.sys

mwlPSDNServ.sys Fri Mar 25 03:12:13 2011 (4D8C404D)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mwlPSDNServ.sys

mwlPSDVDisk.sys Fri Mar 25 03:12:23 2011 (4D8C4057)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mwlPSDVDisk.sys

k57nd60a.sys Wed Oct 19 16:17:36 2011 (4E9F3060)
Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet NDIS6.x Unified Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=k57nd60a.sys

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Thu May 16 21:43:28.027 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\051613-86156-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16384.amd64fre.win8_rtm.120725-1247
System Uptime:0 days 0:01:17.757
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!NtSetSystemPowerState+878 )
BugCheck C000021A, {fffff8a004213bd0, ffffffffc000012f, fffff8a0001a3b60, 0}
BugCheck Info: WINLOGON_FATAL_ERROR (c000021a)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8a004213bd0, String that identifies the problem.
Arg2: ffffffffc000012f, Error Code.
Arg3: fffff8a0001a3b60
Arg4: 0000000000000000
Arg2: ffffffffc000012f, Error Code.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc000021a_c000012f
PROCESS_NAME: smss.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc000021a_c000012f_nt!NtSetSystemPowerState
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Thu May 16 19:42:59.249 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\051613-44187-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16384.amd64fre.win8_rtm.120725-1247
System Uptime:0 days 0:34:29.979
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+23f50 )
BugCheck 7A, {4, 0, fffffa800655b990, 1ffef7d0}
BugCheck Info: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: 0000000000000000, er... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/25251-bsod-total-windows-crash-recovery-crash-failure.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello everyone I have been trying to fix my PC for the last two weeks. I've tried everything. Windows clean install a bunch of test on my hard drive. I've checked S.M.A.R.T done an 9 hour memtest and I;ve finally given up. I honestly don't know what to do this is a fairly new build done in June. I have the DM log files please anyone this is getting out of hand.
P.S I made this thread on my computer but when I am loading for a game or in the middle of a game computer gives me 0x000000F4 error no idea what it is :/ so far its only happened on league of legends.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391607-bsod-windows-crash-error-0x000000f4-no-crash-files.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Can anybody help-- I have a Dell desk top running Vista Home Basic, on 2 occasions my off button turns orange indicating a recommended update. On both occations when the updates have been installed my screen text has halved in size and my desk top icons have all reduced in size and seem to have a mind of their own. How can I stop the update in future. the only way I can resolve the size problem is to use system restore to a previous date.

Relevancy 42.57%

Split from -  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502966/windows-update-wont-run/ - Hamluis.

In Windows 7 Ultimate, updates won't work. When I click 'check for updates for your computer' I get error message: "Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer."

A:Windows Update Problems, Win 7

What happens when you restart the computer?

Have you tried to manually download the updates?

What is the make and model of this computer?

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503087/windows-update-problems-win-7/
Relevancy 42.57%

Sorry if its in the wrong place..But

When i install SP2 and i restart my comp, it ends up with me re formatting it and losing all valuable data...why this problem consists i have no idea..

Could anyone help me out?

A:Problems with Windows SP2 update.

Tell us the brand, model, and age of the computer.
Tell us what happens that results in: " it ends up with me re formatting it and losing all valuable data..."
What hardware have you installed since buying the computer?
Are you installing Service Pack 2 from a disc, or from a download from Microsoft?
If you are not using the Microsoft install disc, order it from Microsoft. I believe the cost is still free with $3.95 shipping and takes just a couple of days... but the rate may be higher when postage goes up tomorrow.

It is most likely some hardware component that has nothing to do with Service Pack 2, but many HP, Compaq, Gateway, and Dell units built before Service Pack 2 was released have had issues, including shutdowns, after Service Pack 2.
In those cases, the manufacturer placed new drivers for each model on their website. You will want to reinstall all drivers, chipsets, and other software from the website that is more recent than the date of purchase of your computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-windows-sp2-update.77185/
Relevancy 42.57%

I just got my comp back from being fixed -

reformat and reisntall of windows:

I went to load windows update from the start menu - IE loads, but then sort of hangs for a while - it doesnt say it has crashed in the task manager, and cpu usage is normal. then after a few mins it loads the Windows Update pages - asks to install the winupdate program, so i said yes. then it loads a page saying i have had an error. now i keep getting that error when trying to get into winupdate, and i still have problems with IE loading it.

WinXp Home - not sure if its sp1 or sp2, i have a feeling its sp2.
IE6
Cable internet.

late,

Relevancy 42.57%

I've recently made several unsuccessful attempts to download and install IE 5.5 and Internet Tools 2 from MSN Windows update. Each time I got to just over 60% of the installation and my computer froze, so I had to abort the process. Now, whenever windows starts up I get the IE license agreement and the installation wizard box. I usually get rid of it by saying I don't agree! My questions are:-
1) How can I get rid of the installation wizard dialogue on start-up? (It's driving me mad!)
2) Any thoughts on why the installation is failing?
3) Would I be better just uninstalling IE 5 and installing IE 6 from scratch?
4) I'm usingWindows Me. If I DID uninstall IE5 and try to install IE6, would system restore bring 5.5 back if something went wrong? I'm paranoid that I'm going to lose the whole thing.

A:Windows Update problems

Can you try Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add Remove Programs>Microsoft Internet Explorer. Hit the add/remove button and try the repair button or the previous version button. Reply with what happens.

If that doesn't work, you might have downloaded a corrupted file. Just try to re-download and install again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-problems.55163/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey guys?

Every time I shut down my computer, it says it has to install an update. And every single time, it is the same thing it is installing.

Security Update for Windows XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181)

Maybe the number at the end changes. But I can't understand why I have to install it every day.
Kim

Relevancy 42.57%

HijackThis log posted Have ran the cwshredder amp spybot amp cleaned up a lot But I still have a XiD quot C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER mmx exe quot in my start up files It is disabled but I can t find it anywhere Can I get rid of windows mmx.exe update & problems it Also can t get into Windows Update access denied Is the IE Restrictions Present in my log file the problem MS says something about changing the registry from to but thought I d post my st log first mmx.exe & windows update problems before I do something stupid Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Gold Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WINMODEM wmexe exe C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON CLEANSWEEP CSINJECT EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED SYMTRAY EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS STARTER EXE C WINDOWS GWHOTKEY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON ANTIVIRUS NAVAPW EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON ANTIVIRUS POPROXY EXE C WINDOWS RunDLL exe C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON UTILITIES SYSDOC EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON CLEANSWEEP CSINSM EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON CLEANSWEEP Monwow exe C WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACK THIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ebay com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www searchxp com search php qq s obfuscated R - HKLM Software mmx.exe & windows update problems Microsoft Internet Explorer Main mmx.exe & windows update problems Local Page c windows SYSTEM blank htm O - BHO no name - F AA -C A- E - E -AC CC B FFAF - C WINDOWS TEMP WDMGEHI DLL O - BHO WinShow module - CC C -AE B- -A B - BA E A - C WINDOWS WINSHOW DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run EnsoniqMixer starter exe O - HKLM Run Multi-function Keyboard GWHotKey exe O - HKLM Run DXM Patch C WINDOWS p exe Q A O - HKLM Run StillImageMonitor C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE O - HKLM Run Norton Auto-Protect C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NAVAPW EXE LOADQUIET O - HKLM Run Norton eMail Protect C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON ANTIVIRUS POProxy exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices V IID Rundll exe c windows SYSTEM v iitw dll STB InitTweak O - HKLM RunServices winmodem WINMODEM wmexe exe O - HKLM RunServices CSINJECT EXE C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton CleanSweep CSINJECT EXE O - HKLM RunServices SymTray - Norton SystemWorks C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SymTray exe quot Norton SystemWorks quot O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKCU Run Taskbar Display Controls RunDLL deskcp dll QUICKRES RUNDLLENTRY O - Startup Norton System Doctor LNK C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXE O - Startup CleanSweep Smart Sweep-Internet Sweep lnk C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton CleanSweep csinsm exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Plugin for vdo C PROGRA INTERN plugins npvdo dll O - Plugin for swf C Program Files Netscape Communicator Program PLUGINS npswf dll O - Plugin for pdf C Program Files Netscape Communicator Program PLUGINS nppdf dll O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - DPF BF D - C - B -BC -D ABDDC B QuickTime Object - http www apple com qtactive... Read more

Relevancy 42.57%

I posted this on Dell and I've been advised to post here since they're having problems About a week ago I started noticing that the windows update icon was in my taskbar all the time I've tried to click on it and it says I have updates but they never download and it tells me Update Problems Windows they were not installed There are about or and some of them are security updates When all of this Windows Update Problems is going on my Windows Update Problems internet connectivity becomes very slow or stops so that I cannot access the internet I have also noticed that sometimes the Windows Update Problems name on my wireless network changes to quot Access Point quot instead of quot Jami quot and when that happens the only way I can change it back is to restart Please help I have done a HJT and would like for someone to look over it please Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS system ScsiAccess EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC PROGRA INCRED bin IMApp exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXEC Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myspace com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell me com mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run IntelWireless C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe tf Intel PROSet WirelessO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exeO - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeO - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe autoO - HKCU Run IncrediMail C Program Files IncrediMail bin IncMail exe cO - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files ... Read more

A:Windows Update Problems

Hello flossiemae and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I see no signs of viruses or malware in the log. It is clean.It sounds like the computer is either dropping the wireless connection or jumping to another wireless network that is within range. I suggest posting in the Networking forum here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/21/networking/ . They can assist with diagnosing the connection and see if it is roaming to another network or just dropping the current connection.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81928/windows-update-problems/
Relevancy 42.57%

Can anyone help me with this problem that I am having? I just did the most recent windows 7 updates and now my computer is running extremely slow. My CPU usage/RAM meter is through the roof when I am either idle or just using the internet. I have a Toshiba laptop with enough hardware to run both WoW and Diablo 3 without any lag. However, after these updates these games are almost unplayable and I checked my internet speed and it is not a problem with the internet. I am very confused with why this is happening all of a sudden. Can anyone help me with this problem?

A:Problems after windows update

Hum Everet what updates were they mate. One course of action is do a system restore to before them too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/270206-problems-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Windows 7 updates are installing on my laptop and it has been on update #15 of 102 for 5 hrs...i have been having issues since yesterday when my microsoft security scan took 12 hrs to scan and then after reboot, it still kept saying I needed to reboot.....grrrr.
Thanks!

A:Windows 7 update problems

Oh wow! I just checked and it is on #56....guess it is ok!
Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517997/windows-7-update-problems/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all,

Checked in with Windows Update for my XP machine and it showed 5 critical updates which I installed.
After this neither Outlook Express or Internet Explorer would connect to the internet.

Same thing happened to my friend. Had to use Restore to get un-fixed, then all was well. First time either of us has had any problem with the critical updates.

I would bet that just one or two of the 'fixes' is the culprit and I suppose I could install them one at a time, creating a restore point each time and restarting during it all. But I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and wouldn't mind pointing out which ones not to install.

The updates were:
Cumulative for OE 6 sp1 - KB823353

For XP - KB840315, KB841873, and KB839645

For BITS and WinHTTP - KB842773

Thanks, folks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-after-windows-update.250393/
Relevancy 42.57%

My husbands computer updated windows 10 today, and it took hours, and after it was done, he could not sign in, it said his password was invalid. I checked it and we have tried several times, without success. I see on my computer that others are having
the same problem. What did you do, and how can we fix it?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/40353633-e4ac-4ad1-aec5-9724ec5c4411/windows-10-update-problems?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 42.57%

A week ago I changed my MB and CPU from Asus p p 7 Update Problems Windows and i k to Asus p z and a different i I use the PC for gaming When I changed over I decided to do a clean install of windows on my SSD Since that time I can't get windows to update Also I couldn't get it to install SP and MSE Both installs start but error before the end Other than the update problems the computer seems to run fine I have clean installed several times run many many virus and malware programs with no finds I have read tons of post on this Windows 7 Update Problems forum and others and tried all of the suggestions When I started windows would not even connect to check for updates The updater now connects and tells me there are updates but it won't download them-just times out after a Windows 7 Update Problems bit I have attached a log of this mornings attempts any help is very appreciated The only suggestion I found that I haven't tried is re-installing the updater Update txt zip

A:Windows 7 Update Problems

Quote: Originally Posted by Hayenga

A week ago I changed my MB and CPU from Asus p8p67 and i5 2500k to Asus p8z67 and a different i5. I use the PC for gaming. When I changed over I decided to do a clean install of windows 7 on my SSD. Since that time I can't get windows to update. Also, I couldn't get it to install SP1 and MSE. Both installs start, but error before the end.

Other than the update problems the computer seems to run fine. I have clean installed several times, run many many virus and malware programs with no finds. I have read tons of post on this forum and others and tried all of the suggestions. When I started, windows would not even connect to check for updates. The updater now connects and tells me there are 83 updates, but it won't download them-just times out after a bit.

I have attached a log of this mornings attempts, any help is very appreciated. The only suggestion I found that I haven't tried is re-installing the updater.Attachment 165216

Welcome to SevenForums.

Run the system file Checker and let us know the results.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/175294-windows-7-update-problems.html
Relevancy 42.57%

First off I am running Windows on my Dell desktop bit and it's only yrs old It has been restored to factory condition only months ago Every since then I have had problems with updating my PC I get this pop up every seconds update Windows problems or so that tells me to go check for updates when I do that it just runs and runs and runs but never Windows update problems finds the updates This is so frustrating I have tried every possible solution I could find but nothing helps I have tried refreshing restoring system restore but my PC says it is unable to perform these tasks I Windows update problems have tried command prompts to Restore health but it tells me The component store has been corrupted and it is repairable but doesn't tell me how to fix it I tried the command prompt sfc scannow and it comes back as Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation My PC restarts itself quite often saying it has ran into Windows update problems a problem and needs to restart itself the error message is usually System Service Exception or Kernel Security Check Failure I could go on but this is rnough for now If there is anyone out there who can help please I am willing to try anything to get this problem fixed ASAP

A:Windows update problems

Why haven't you upgraded to Windows 8.1?

Please run chkdsk /r, or chkdsk /f if you are using a SSD.

To run chkdsk /r in Windows 8/8.1 you will need to open the Elevated Command Prompt.  The easiest way to do this is to press the Windows key and the X key.   A menu will open with the option Command Prompt (Admin), click on this.

You will see a window similar to the one below.

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste chkdsk /r in the Command Prompt, if this is a SSD you do not want to run the /r switch, you will want to use chkdsk /f then press Enter.

You will receieve the message "CHKDSK cannot be run because it is in use by another process.  Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts?  <Y/N>".

Type in Y and press Enter.

This will take a while to run, please be patient and allow it to complete the scan.  Do not stop this scan as this can damage your operating system.

When the scan is finished please download and run ListChkdskResult.

This will open Notepad with the results of the chkdsk scan.  Please copy and then paste this log in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605479/windows-update-problems/
Relevancy 42.57%

...this is Microsoft's way of getting everyone to leave Win7 for Win10? I tried 10 and didn't like it.

This whole mess makes me want to take a trip to the Apple Store and learn how to use a Mac. I can get their 27" Retina 5K system for $2K and they are even offering 18 months interest free. Soooo tempting. I'll sleep on it for now and see if this Standalone Installer does any good.

I've stood by Microsoft all these many years as they used us (the public) to debug Windows. But why does this suddenly pop up during a reinstall? I've done several reinstalls of Win7 before with no problems. Yeah, they have an 'Update Troubleshooter' so they know the problem exists, but I'm having my doubts about their intentions.

A:Hmm, so all these windows update problems are because....

I agree, I don't think it is any coincidence that all these WU troubles with Windows 7 started just about the same time Windows 10 was arriving, even just a bit sooner which is all the more suspicious since the MS servers shouldn't have been overwhelmed before the official release of 10.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/392572-hmm-so-all-these-windows-update-problems-because.html
Relevancy 42.57%

When I try to run windows updates, they won't install. All I get is a message that says the following updates were not installed. Happens every time. How do I fix?

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi guys I m after a bit of technical support I ve been cleaning a colleagues computer up for them running slow it had a couple of malware issues and a virus all now clear and running upto speed However i noticed a problem with Update Problems Windows windows update whenever I reset or shut down the computer there was always and update to install at st I thought it was just that it hadn t been updated in a while but now i realise its the same update EVERY time I click on the update icon in the corner it says critical updates require installation I select it and install it It goes green and says installed when i go to shut down the little yellow shield is there saying shut down and install updates this I do and it says installing of and then shuts down Restart the computer and after a breif time the update icon pops up with exactly the same update Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition Service Pack KB looking a bit further into it i realised that it s only running service pack no problem i thought so i downloaded service pack from microsoft and manually tried to install it but i get an error message saying it cannont Windows Update Problems be installed an unknow error occured x a i ve scoured microsoft s site for info but it s less than revealing and the fact that it is now a defunct operating system doesn t seem to be much help Can anyone shed any light on any of the above The computer is running Microsoft windows vista Home premium service pack Thank you in advance

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

May try that and then check for the updates again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/420513/windows-update-problems/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I bought the HP Pavilion ab sa in December and dual boot between Windows and Linux Mint nbsp It's my first laptop and I love it a great laptop nbsp I use Linux Mint as the default OS The only reason I keep Windows is to 10 Windows problems. update play a few Windows 10 update problems. games occasionally and to help other people with their PC problems nbsp So the other day I booted into Windows to update anti-virus etc and was presented with the Windows background not the background I had selected I love the HP Windows 10 update problems. winter mountain scene so that was my background also the icons I had placed in the taskbar were gone and some of the HP software that came with the laptop nbsp This appears to have been the result of a Windows Update and has annoyed me a lot nbsp So I have decided to return the laptop to the beginning using the recovery media I created when I first got the laptop but I cannot remember if there was a dvdrom created at the same time I created the usb flash drive recovery can anyone help nbsp Was creating a dvdrom part of the recovery media creation nbsp I remember doing it for a Windows laptop where the was a usb drive and a dvdrom with programs or something on it nbsp I know I will lose the Linux Mint installation that is okay as it can be reinstalled but I am really pissed off with Windows and the all inclusive update approach and am wondering if there is anything that could should or would stop me from removing it and just having Linux Mint on my HP laptop nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-update-problems/td-p/5697887
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a year old packard bell desktop running Home Premuim bit Been running fine with no problem updating windows until recently when after an apparent update strange things started happening Started off one day when i went to Windows Update Problems start up Windows Update Problems I got a 'blue screen' error message which appeared then disappeared before the machine shut down immediately no Windows Update Problems chance to read or copy what the error was Tried starting up again and all seemed fine I started to investigate the problem and found the latest update had failed to install Subsequently i kept getting windows update notifications but nothing got installed each time No more blue screen errors at this point Last night i decided to to look into windows updates find the failed update and try and manually install it in the hope of clearing the problem This time no sign of a failed update but i was still getting notification about a pending update Still mystified i then ran the microsoft 'Fix It' tool That either didnt work or couldnt find a problem to fix I then saw i had some optional Windows Update Problems windows updates and thought i would install them thinking there might be an issue with windows updates Seemed to install fine This morning however when i turned on the blue screen error returned after the Bios displayed an option menu of something like as i cant remember the exact wording Continue to boot normally or delete recovery data and reboot Selecting continue normally brings up the blue screen then power off the second option lets the PC boot normally No other recovery options displayed Not sure what to do or even what the problem is Should i try system restore I know roughly when the problem started If this cures the problem how can i stop it happening again when the same or similar update tries to install again Sorry if this is a bit light on technical details i wasn't able to capture much info when it happened and of course i cant recreate it just to do so If it happens again i will try to make notes or do a screen capture but like i said above the blue screen appeared and disappeared so fast i didn't have time to read it let alone copy it thanks

Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607531/windows-update-problems/
Relevancy 42.57%

HELP ME!!!!

For some reason whenever i try to download something from Windows Updates (But they automatically do it anyway....) they won't even download them at all!!! There were a lot of Error codes. I followed the instructions to fixing it but it still doesn't work. Help!!!

A:Windows Update Problems...

Are you logged in as admin? What error codes do you get?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-update-problems-160798.html
Relevancy 42.57%

hi
can ant one help me
when ever i click on to windows update
i get a page saying page can not be displayed
any help please thanks

Relevancy 42.57%

My computer wont do windows updates update windows problems comes up with error codes bc and c Have tried a few things and still no go have current norton Am wondering if its a virus or something here are the hijack this and dds any help would be great the hijack this came up with an a system denied write access pop up Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at windows update problems AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Users Whitsunday Tattooing AppData Local Google Update windows update problems GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player DDMService exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil t ActiveX exe C Users Whitsunday Tattooing Desktop HijackThis exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www crawler com search dispatcher aspx tp aus amp tmpl amp qkw s amp tbid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ninemsn com au R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Inbox Toolbar - D D D - F D- C-B C -E F B - C PROGRA INBOXT Inbox dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO SnagIt Toolbar Loader - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files x TechSmith Snagit SnagitBHO dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO Use the DivX Plus Web Player to watch web videos with less interruptions and smoother playback on supported sites - DDEC - - cdd- E - DADAA E - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player npdivx dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Premier Edition Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Premier Edition Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Inbox Toolbar - D D D - F D- C-B C -E F B - C PROGRA INBOXT Inbox dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-problems.1006219/
Relevancy 42.57%

I was trying to do windows update
It told me my software update was incomplete and suggested the following

"You may have clicked No when prompted to accept the Trust Certificate. To allow the Windows Update site software to install, click Yes when presented with the Security Warning dialog box"

I am pretty sure I DID click no.

I have tried all ms's suggestions but none work.

Also, one thing it suggested was to delete all temporary internet files.
I did this and although the folder looks empty there is still about 8 mb still in there.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hope you have a great day
Thanks,
Pete

A:windows update problems

Stick with your original thread here please:

http://forums.techguy.org/t408215.html

This thread is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-problems.408115/
Relevancy 42.57%

I Problems Update Windows ve been having some issues with my windows automatic updater lately I have a HP Pavilion dm running Windows bit The first problem I ve encountered is that updates Windows Update Problems have failed Next was the annoying pop up bubble on my computer telling me that my windows automatic updater has been turned off I keep turning it on but practically every bootup it s off I have also noticed that my internet port keeps running despite my computer being off and upon reboot my computer battery is at or even if it spent hours plugged in the night before was completely charged upon shutdown I do unplug the power cord at night In August I was a victim of the zero-day java exploit I caught the java trojans quickly got rid of them with AVG and did end up having to do a full system restore a few weeks later I ve done subsequent systems restores and I keep having problems I have AVG on my computer and it says I have no infections I ve attached my DDS text document and help is greatly appreciated Thank You Attrena

please install Malwarebytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/ install and Update it and Run a full scan. Malwarebytes is a spyware cleaner. See if that finds anything else.

When you access Windows Update Does it give up a error code.

Windows Update encounter a error
Error: 0x(xxxx)

Battery: What power setting/options do you have it running on. The Default is Balanced

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471437/windows-update-problems/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi guys hoping someone can get me out a fix part of it caused by myself for not doing any backups Got a Toshiba Satellite L D Laptop year old All bog standard with Windows Home Premium pre-installed First off I did not create a problems. update Windows 7 boot disk stupid and have not done a back up of my data also Windows 7 update problems. stupid for too long so have a lot Windows 7 update problems. of important files on my laptop that I desperately need to keep Was runniing fine and then Windows popped up automatically telling me I needed to update which I did That was about days ago the computer started to boot up incredibly slow anywahere from to minutes whereas before it was done after about seconds Then yesterday it would not boot up at all just a black screen This computer was bought in the UK I am now in Brasil so I downloaded via a desktop the Microsoft Windows repair disk which I have put into the tray I started the computer used F and altered start up so that it would boot from CD first then restarted with the repair disk installed It starts up and goes into System Recovery Two options Use recovery tools or restore with Image no image stupid Anyway I choose the first option use recovery tools but it does not register and it says click load drivers The problem is that a list appears which is extensive to say the least saying insert the installation media for the device and click Ok to select the driver and have no idea which I should be selecting Can anyone help I really need to be able to retreive this information and get this laptop functioning

A:Windows 7 update problems.

In the system recovery is there an option for Command Prompt? Is the HDD recognized in the BIOS?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416036/windows-7-update-problems/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I have a windows xp and I recently tried installing the latest updates on my computer and now I'm stuck on stage 3 of 3, 0% complete. It'll sit at this stage for about 30 to 45 seconds then restart the computer and go back to the same stage of "stage 3 of 3, 0% complete with the blue windows Backround. And repeat this stage over and over again. My question for you is, is there any way I can bypass this update and continue normal operation? Or am I stuck watching this computer reset itself over and over and over and over again??

Relevancy 42.57%

i have a couple of probs these are the ones i can think of right now:that sfc/scannow only reaches 43% and then stopswindows live messenger wont open{have unninstalled since then}all new downloads like songs and such have a unknown account in security with the name Account Unknown (s-1-5-5-0-191954)all my old shortcuts in my start/all programs never came backand a few installed updates i cant find in list so my computer keeps trying to install those updates because it cant find them even though they are already installedand at times when i do something on my computer witch needs administrators permision my computer wont open that and i have to restart my computer to use it.Mod Edit: Link to earlier topic in Am I Infected, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic461668.html - Hamluis.

A:problems with windows update

Try running computer in a clean boot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462353/problems-with-windows-update/
Relevancy 42.57%

Ok, Using Vista Business Edition, I'm trying to run windows updates, but every time I allow it to reboot my computer, it fails. It's weird because If i select an Update that does not require a system reboot, it installs just fine, but for those that force my computer to reboot, they fail.

I'm not at the computer currently to be able to give you the exact code, but i've followed all of MS's instructions to the T and nothing works.

-=If I run the update for 22, and it requires a reboot for any package, all of the 22 fail.

-=If I run the update for 1 that does not require any reboot, it installs fine.

Anyone know what the problem is?

i get the same problem. It tells me that i restarted the computer before the updates were able to install. im using Vista Ultimate.

Also dreascene has installed but dont know how to use it as it appears nowhere at all.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-problems-177800.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello guys, I've been trying to update my Windows 7 to SP1 (finally after waiting months) and I've been having problems with it. It keeps saying downloading 1 update (0 kb total, 0% complete). It's been like this for the past half an hour.

A:Windows 7 SP1 Update problems

You find this information useful: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab0

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/186701-windows-7-sp1-update-problems.html
Relevancy 42.57%

hi! windows update installed last night, but got some error message just now (can't remember which one). i cannot use internet properly (browsers are not loading). everything works super slowly. problems like skype fail to load. uninstalling via control panel does not work either. how do i fix this? ideally, i would like to uninstall the whole update in one sweep. i urgently need my computer for work today!
angela

A:windows update problems

Quote: Originally Posted by lastard

hi! windows update installed last night, but got some error message just now (can't remember which one). i cannot use internet properly (browsers are not loading). everything works super slowly. problems like skype fail to load. uninstalling via control panel does not work either. how do i fix this? ideally, i would like to uninstall the whole update in one sweep. i urgently need my computer for work today!
angela

Angela,
We need to know the KB number of the update to be able to help....
Just in case it is SP1 -
Link below with an uninstall procedure for SP1:

Quote:

Note -
If you installed SP1 yourself, you can uninstall it.
However, if your computer came with SP1 already installed, it can't be uninstalled.

How to uninstall Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/178983-windows-update-problems.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Mod Edit Split from http www bleepingcomputer com forums t failure-configuring-windows-updates-reverting-changes-help page- entry - Hamluis Alright open your account and follow the instructions below please System File Checker SFC Follow the instructions below to run a SFC scan on your system and to provide the CBS log in your next reply On Windows Vista amp click on the Windows Start Menu then enter cmd in the search box right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as Administrator On Windows drag your cursor in the CBS Windows Update Problems, Log bottom-left corner and right-click on the metro menu preview then select Command Prompt Admin On Windows right click on the Windows Windows Update Problems, CBS Log logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt Admin Enter the command below and press on Enter sfc scannow Note There's a space between sfc and scannow Once the scan is complete enter the command below and press on Enter copy windir logs cbs cbs log userprofile Desktop cbs txt A file called cbs txt will have appeared on your Desktop Upload the file on Dropbox Google Drive or OneDrive and post the download URL for it here Note Please note that the CBS log is volatile which means that if you don't upload it after the SFC scan is completed it won't Windows Update Problems, CBS Log contains the information from the scan anymore So archive it and upload it as soon as you can Hi Sir I had encounter the same problem Can you help me check on it my CBSlog had been upload to https drv ms t s AqL f gaTF Qqkp K GE aFsTEL

A:Windows Update Problems, CBS Log

Please post the log in your topic.  You will most likely need to break it into several parts to get all of it posted.

The reason I suggest this is because there are those of us who will not download anything to our computers unless we know exactly what it contains.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619478/windows-update-problems-cbs-log/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have installed windows XP home on my PC I installed all neccesary drivers and then I went and intalled windows XP SP No problems at all up to this point once it is installed I reset my PC and then when I go onto windows update I get update with windows Problems this Problems with windows update Quote Error number x A Please change your Internet Explorer security settings To save changes to your settings for this website you need to enable userdata persistence for Internet Explorer Complete the steps below and then click Change settings to the left and try saving your changes again In Internet Explorer on the Tools menu click Internet Options Click the Security tab click the Internet security zone icon and then click Custom Level In the Settings dialog box scroll to the Miscellaneous section Under Userdata persistence select Enable Click OK and when the security warning dialog box appears click Yes Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem error number x A yourself B I have searched for all possible fixes I can find tried the three on the MS site and also manually setting up starting reinstalling the BITs service All to no affect Does anyone have any suggesstion because I feel like I am banging my head against a wall here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-with-windows-update-265933.html
Relevancy 42.57%

hi,

i'm trying to install the following updates, and they won't go in. of course MSFT doesn't offer any way to look into why that is, so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas? i've tried them all individually as well, and they won't go in that either. i also tried installing them inside safe mode, no dice.

No Updates Were Installed

The following items failed to install. To try installing them again, click Review and install updates, and then click Install Now again.

Security Update for Microsoft Windows XP (KB828035)
Security Update for Microsoft Windows XP (KB825119)
Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB823182)
Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB824141)

View installation history

thnx

A:xp pro windows update problems

Do you have an up to date virus scanner? Try looking in taskmanager for msblast.exe or other rpc vulnerability viruses. You might have to remove the virus prior to patching the software. Unplug from your network/internet connection and then check for and remove (if found) the programs.

After that turn the firewall on on your internet connection and try updating again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-pro-windows-update-problems-8385.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, |I recently tried to update windows with my sp2 only to find that when I try to restart my computer it sticks with the message

!!0xc0190036!!2997/91698 (hbaapi.dll)

I cannot run a repair
Cannot restore
cannot open in safe mode

Does anyone have any ideas what I need to do??

Thanks Lynz

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-update-problems-501793.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Windows updates fail to install. I have run every wu diagnostic program that I can find, to no avail. One said service registration is missing or corrupted so I completely reset windows update with a dos script from technet. Worked for a few updates, now the error says to reset the windows update data store. I can not find any way to do this and the microsoft link to reset components for windows update does not work. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

Relevancy 42.57%

After installing update it showed a message on a green screen tell the update could not be installed and that changes made would be u installed. It continues like this for hours but sometimes alternates to "restarting" but nothing happens. I need this notebook to work. I'm away from Brazil. I'm in US

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-8-update-problems/td-p/5623660
Relevancy 42.57%

My Dell vostro 1400 laptop has had a new harddrive fitted. A new version of Vista was downloaded thereafter when I try and update with windows update(security) it crashes and goes back to the safe mode, start windows normally. It seems to lose what to boot.
Tried to clearing and putting windows on it a number of times it works if i dont update the security but obv I need to do this.
Please help

Relevancy 42.57%

I recently updating to Windows 10 (About 2 weeks ago), and had no problems with it until I put it into sleep mode once, upon opening again it stared saying that is will disk check drive C, it then goes onto a blank screen for one to two minutes. After this blank screen it goes onto the windows update screen which has been stuck at %32 since the start of the problems. After sitting on this screen with the loading icon for five minutes in goes into a blue screen that says there is a problem and it is collecting data and will restart for me, it never restarts. The problem that it is experiencing is a POWER DRIVER STATE FAILURE. I have tried starting up several times to the same results.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-update-problems.1153704/
Relevancy 42.57%

Well, I was trying to install Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Manually from the Microsoft Website, (I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium) and I got Access is Denied. So, I went to windows updater to see if I could find it there. Silly me, I still needed to install Service Pack 1 (That's what it said on the List). I tried to install it, but left the room after I had started it, returned about 25 Minutes later and the bar had gone nowhere.
If anyone could help me that'd be great, thanks.

-Clutch

A:Windows Update Problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/service-packs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-problems.1017352/
Relevancy 42.57%

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576206/windows-update-error-80248014/ - Hamluis.

oh boy I have the same problem, want to do that dance all over again? Please? Blue

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/614283/windows-update-problems/