Windows Support Forum

Actual download speed problems but good ping and speed test

Q: Actual download speed problems but good ping and speed test

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model ping problems and good Actual download but speed test speed Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Actual download speed problems but good ping and speed test D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Iris Antivirus Sunbelt VIPRE Updated and Enabled I m having a problem with my download speeds I don t have an ultra high connection just mb s My speed tests confirm that is exactly what I m getting but when I actually download something it goes to kb s and will go no higher I ve contacted my ISP and they say it s my computer The speed test is showing what it should but I just can t get past I ve ran several malware spyware and virus tests and they all come out clean I m at the end of my rope Don t have a clue what to do next to get my speed up This is what shows on IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users David gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name David-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - E- - - E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B E-F C - - F F- F ECB br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users David gt nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Actual download speed problems but good ping and speed test

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 24.51%

Hey,

I just finished building my PC and currently am using it with my 42 inch TV.
However, I would like to move to a proper monitor on my desk.
I'm thinking of getting 2 monitors.
I live in Japan, and I can get this monitor at 144 USD each.

The main need is for gaming, everything from the Witcher 3 to Skyrim to DOTA 2 and future games.

Here are my PC's specs:
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/cflo/saved/KPZdnQ

Here is the monitor in question:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014377

If you could answer any of the following questions or have any insight on the monitor, I would be grateful.

Is the BenQ GL2460HM a good gaming monitor?
Is it too high/ too low quality for my GPU?
Is it a good monitor for dual display?

Is there another monitor you think makes better use of my PC's specs/ meets my needs?
I'm not wanting to spend much more than 300 USD, I may opt to buy a single monitor which is of higher quality.

Thank you

A:Is the BenQ GL2460HM a good fit for my PC?

Honestly I do not see a issue with you using that monitor. It should actually preform perfectly with your computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-benq-gl2460hm-a-good-fit-for-my-pc.217573/
Relevancy 15.05%

To start off my laptop is an Asus G VW-AS The wireless network adapter is an Atheros AR WB-EG The issue I m having only starts when I play an online game It s not a specific one it happens with all my games After about a few matches I will begin to experience terrible lag spikes Ranging from - ms sometimes even going up to over Usually the spikes are permanent I will jump to around ping and hover in that general number with it occasionally sliding back down to my normal only to immediately spring back up again After this begins to happen any application I use that uses internet internet browser skype etc also lags is severely slowed down This lag is never experienced on any other system using our wireless internet which makes me believe it is in fact my laptop s wireless adapter that is the problem Doing a windows troubleshoot on the adapter DOES fix it but it only fixes it for about to minutes and then I begin to lag adapter network Problems with wireless again Also the troubleshooter seems to only be able to fix it once If I try to troubleshoot the adapter again after already fixing it before that way the troubleshooter will tell me that it couldn t find anything wrong Manually restarting the adapter only works once as well Restarting the computer does not help the problem If the laptop is shut down for a few hours and started back up the adapter will work properly as long as I do not start a game Could anyone help tell me how to stop this from happening Do I need to get a new adapter or is there something I can do for the current one nbsp

A:Problems with wireless network adapter

Are you sure it is not an issue with your router? Also I dont know where to get Atheros drivers other than from the manufacturer (vaio, lenovo, etc) website. There are no official drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-wireless-network-adapter.188964/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have 4 ESD mats at the computer workshop I work. The ESD mats are interconnected and one of them is connected to ground through a resistive socket (or whatever it's called) which must be several Megaohms because my Ohmeter cannot read it (it reads up to 2MOhm). Yesterday I did this test: I used a voltmeter set to AC voltage, negative probe touching the ground in a socket, the other one between my fingers. I measured 2 volts. Then I put on the ESD wrist-band and I was surprised to find that not only did the voltage go down, it rose to 2.2volts!. It looks like this mat isn't working, am I right?

A:How should I test my ESD mats?

to ground through a resistive socket (or whatever it's called) which must be several Megaohms because my Ohmeter cannot read it (it reads up to 2MOhm).Click to expand...

Never heard of a 'resistive socket' but the concept sounds correct.
The object is to absorb the energy to avoid the immediate discharge. However, we use capacitors for that and may be the reason for the ohm meter test results.

I would expect a resistor->capacitor->earth.ground type of circuit. The capacitor absorbs the energy and slowly drains it back to the ground. The resistor slows the charging of the capacitor to avoid the immediate ESD.

Your 2v DC test is not correct either. ESD is high voltage of a very short duration and the mat+socket would not respond to low voltable, long duration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-should-i-test-my-esd-mats.214705/
Relevancy 14.19%

AMD has released an updated statement regarding the noise issues experienced by the initial buyers of its Radeon R9 Fury X graphics cards.

Read more

A:AMD issues updated statement regarding Radeon R9 Fury X noise problems

Are they saying "screams like a banshee until we smothered it in glue"? Does anyone have a more engineered approach to the issue - like decibels at a specific distance?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-issues-updated-statement-regarding-radeon-r9-fury-x-noise-problems.216306/
Relevancy 24.51%

Can you even get a good one for under 50$? I haven't used ones since the junior high but a lot of people have told me they work a way better. I do a lot of typing for work and I also game. My current keyboard is winding down.

A:Good mechanical keyboard for under $50?

"Good" and "cheap" don't typically go together very often. There are certainly a lot of good lower end choices in the keyboard market, but a quality mechanical keyboard from Corsair for instance is around $100. The cheaper you go, the poorer the quality will be. If you don't mind buying a used one, you might check eBay and could probably nab a K70 - for around your price range. I use a Corsair red LED backlight K70 (w/cherry red switches) and its the best keyboard I've ever used. Love it!!! Once you try mechanical, you'll never go back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-mechanical-keyboard-for-under-50.216237/
Relevancy 15.05%

It's been a while since I've posted but I've obtained most of the Sims 2 and I TRIED to install Double Deluxe but for some reason my dvd drive isn't recognizing the disc. It spins up and tries to read it, but doesn't do much in the line of effort to read it.
There are no scratches and I took care of the smudges with a cloth. Still unable to read the install disc. It'll read the promo/bonus disc and play it just fine though.
The computer is a Windows 7 with an HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GT60N Drive.
I have enough RAM, Graphics and other things to run it.
300 Gigs of Space left on the HDD. No idea what's going on here.

A:Sims 2 Double Deluxe problems

You might have a bad optical drive. Does it work with other DVDs (DVDs not CDs)? Do you have access to another DVD drive with which to substitute for testing purposes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sims-2-double-deluxe-problems.216270/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a linksys router that has stock firmware and I can get into the config by 192.168 etc but I can't get it to see the internet. I have a isp that gives dhcp ip so no login needed. Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-wrt-54g-linksys-router.215894/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello I have a tower just recently bought all the parts from newegg and was building the tower for the last days I had everything put in as it should be and initially it stayed on but no image was portraying problems up boot Building computer on the monitor A friend explained I was using the wrong port to portray image as it should be through the video card I should be connecting it but after troubleshooting the problem Building computer boot up problems initially I removed RAM and put it back in but computer now turns on for a second then right off I hear and see the fans running the dvd drive spinning and the lights go on but then it shuts right off after another - seconds it turns on again and then after another second turns right back off in an endless cycle until I turn it off completely and unplug it Not sure what the next steps are or if I should return the moba for an exchange After reading a lot of forums I noticed that it could be the RAM was improperly placed so I tried many times to take it out and put it back in but same problem keeps occurring I hear no beeps and only hear a click from the power supply when it goes on I tried the psu tester on the power supply and it tells me it should be working fine Any one have any idea moba ASRock Z M Pro Micro ATX Intel Motherboard ram CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M A C B power EVGA -G - -XR W Power Supply case Thermaltake Level Series Level GT VN W N Black Computer Case processor Intel Core i - K GHz LGA BX I K Desktop Processor video card EVGA GeForce GTX Ti G-P - -KR FTW w ACX Cooling Video Card Please someone help and thanks to all nbsp

A:Building computer boot up problems

Okay, I've had the same issue with a new build: Put it all together, switch on the power and basically nothing. Do the following tried and true diagnostic steps that can be tedious but costs nothing to do and can often zero in on your issue:

1. Uninstall everything from your motherboard and disconnect all peripherals from your power supply except psu to motherboard, cpu, and one stick of RAM. Now turn it on. If it boots up and stays booted then shut it down and then...

2. Add your second stick of memory -- nothing else. Repeat by booting up and if it stays booted up then...

3. Start adding one piece of hardware at a time and repeat as directed.

What are your findings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-computer-boot-up-problems.215853/
Relevancy 24.08%

I want to start a youtube gaming channel but idk if I have the power to record games like minecraft and record at the same time do you think I have the power to do it?

My Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

AMD A10 5800K Quad Core Processor

16GB DDR3 1333 Mhz Ram

1TB SATA Hard Drive

Radeon HD 8370D Graphics

5.1 channel Sound Chipset

GigaByte Network Ethernet

Wireless N 150 Wifi

DVD-RW Burner Drive

All in One Card Reader

6 x USB2.0

400W Power Supply

Dimensions (WxDxH): 19" x 7.75" x 17"

Mouse:
E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse

Camera:
USB 2.0 Clip-on Webcam Camera HD 12 Megapixels with MIC for PC Laptop Win 7/8

Keyboard:
Logitech K360 920-003365 Wireless Keyboard - Ivory - Small

Headphones:
Sades 7.1 Surround Sound USB Headband Pro Gaming Headset For PC Laptop SA-903 PC Laptop SA-903

A:Is my PC good for gaming and recording for youtube at the same time?

Do you have any connectivity issues or slow load times? Also, what is the make and model of your power supply?

Otherwise you should be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-pc-good-for-gaming-and-recording-for-youtube-at-the-same-time.215431/
Relevancy 23.65%

Memtest and other memory test software don't tell you which of the modules is the faulty one. Is there any way to tell which is the bad stick besides testing one-by-one?

Thank you

A:Does any memory test tell you which of the memory sticks is bad?

Not really. but you can test each stick one by one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-any-memory-test-tell-you-which-of-the-memory-sticks-is-bad.213800/
Relevancy 14.62%

Basically I think it s Laptop Samsung Ultrabook Series 5 Problems; been happening for a month now My laptop screen glitches - the images distorting and sometimes green text appearing - Laptop Problems; Samsung Ultrabook Series 5 before Laptop Problems; Samsung Ultrabook Series 5 righting itself and crashing The only way I can get the Laptop Problems; Samsung Ultrabook Series 5 laptop to function again is to turn it off via the power button or take the battery out and put it back it again It has also become slow starting up - taking at least five minutes before you can log in and then a further five before you can actually do anything The cursor sometimes gets stuck in the center of the screen - I can access things using the tab screen but the cursor won t move whether I use the laptop touchpad or my USB mouse The fan has also been sporadically speeding up before calming down again - even though I ve been doing the same thing for the past god knows when I ve done a boot-up scan using avast had a look through all of my files and gotten rid of any old files that I don t need on there in an attempt to create some space but I ve got about - gb free so I can t see why that should be a problem Nothing happens before the glitches crashes so I don t think I m causing it by moving it and so on About a month ago the charger port was fixed at a laptop repair shop and then the laptop itself was sent off to SAMSUNG to have the motherboard replaced because I mistakenly wiped the bios since one driver update shut the laptop off in the middle of the bios update so I don t know if something is loose and so on I m planning on selling it in a month or two so it s not that much of a problem but of course I don t want to sell it to someone if its being a pain in the backside I also switched from integrated graphics to a nvidia geforce graphics card that is in the laptop when I bought it so that might be why Basic Info Samsung Ultrabook Series Intel Core i GB Ram TB Hardrive bit Operating System NVIDIA Geforce GT M nbsp

A:Laptop Problems; Samsung Ultrabook Series 5

This sort of problem is tough to troubleshoot over the internet. It could be quite a few things that could cause the symptoms that you're experiencing. With that said, I'd probably start with updating the discrete GPU drivers. Since you did switch from integrated to discrete, this could be the main cause for the graphic glitches which is probably crashing the system.

Moving forward, I think you should download something like CPU-Z to monitor the CPU load and temperatures during the crashes. It could be that your CPU is overheating and could use some attention.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-problems-samsung-ultrabook-series-5.213703/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a keyboard that has been working fine last night then this morning this happened:

When I type o it types o+ and when I type l it types l and enter (the key)
So this makes it extremely hard to get anything done, please help, thanks

A:Keyboard problems

How old is the keyboard? Sometimes "gunk" gets built up under the keys and can cause the keyboard to start failing. Have you tries to remove the keys (or take the keyboard apart) and properly clean it? There are plenty of tutorials (video and non-video) available if you are unsure of how to clean a keyboard.
Regular cleaning on all computer parts will extend the life of those parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-problems.213578/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am new to building PC's, as this is my first one, I want to know if these specs are good. Specifically, can I play games that might require decent graphics(Can I play games like Tera, Skyrim, Witcher 3, etc.). If someone could tell me if these specs are good in general, I would be greatly appreciative. I will just leave the link for all the specs here, in this link. I don't know if this is not allowed, so I guess I will find out. Thanks!
http://www.amazon.com/lm/R3NXRLCE5O...ve=390957&linkCode=ur2&lm_bb=&tag=gcgctest-20

A:Are these specs good?

ProjectRysa said:

Can I play games like Tera, Skyrim, Witcher 3, etcClick to expand...

Yes you can, but Witcher 3 will be more demanding than the other two and will likely require you to run on lower settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-specs-good.213495/
Relevancy 24.51%

ASUS ROG G751JY-DH72X Intel i7 2.40GHz 32GB Memory 512GB SSD GTX 980M 4GB Laptop

Windows 8.1
Intel Core i7 4860HQ 2.4GHz
32GB Memory 1TB HDD 512GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 4GB
17.3-inch (1920 x 1080)
Retail Price:
$2,999.00
Price:
$2,749.00

A:Is the CPU good on this computer for gaming?

I'd say it's a good CPU, but note that you won't be able to upgrade it in the future as it is soldered onto the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-cpu-good-on-this-computer-for-gaming.213433/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi I want to now if with these specs I can run: minecraft ultra, shaders; medieval engineers high-very high; space engineers high-very high; gmod ultra!

specs: motherboard: Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0
gpu : AMD Sapphire Radeon hd 7870 2gb oc.
Wifi
cpu: amd fx 8320 8 coeur black édition 3,5 gh
RAM: 8gb
hard drive: SSD 240 gb corsaire force 3 + 2TB SATA or IDE

thankyou in advance.

A:Are these good gaming specs?

I have the 6670 and minecraft works fine with all gfx turned to max. Not sure on extra shaders but the build looks good to me.

your card much better than mine on futuremark

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-good-gaming-specs.212602/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello pc builders, I'd like to ask for some advice on building a gaming pc. I've picked out some parts that I think are good, but I do not know that much about custom building computers and what parts are most suitable for gaming.
I'm trying to keep the price limit at $1000 USD. Here are the parts that I've picked out.
CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
HDD: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Case (probs doesn't matter) Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced ATX Mid Tower Case

Thank you

A:Are These Specs Good for a Gaming PC? (First Build Ever)

Looks like a nice build to me

I would drop the cpu down to this
https://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i54440

and upgrade the gpu to this
https://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-100364l

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-specs-good-for-a-gaming-pc-first-build-ever.212847/
Relevancy 24.51%

CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler - Extreme Cooling Performance (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z97X-SLI ATX w/ Intel GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI, 1 x M.2, 1 x SATA Express, or 6x SATA 6Gb/s (Extreme OC Certified)
NFC: None
Intel Smart Response Technology: None
RAM / System Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 (Maxwell) (Single Card)
Power Supply: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
M.2 SATA SSD: None
INTERNAL PCI-E SSD CARD: None
Hard Drive: 128GB SanDisk SSD + 1TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive)
Secondary Hard Drive: None
Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None
External Storage: None
USB Flash Drive: None
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

A:Are My Gaming PC's Specs good

What CPU are you going to use? You listed the CPU cooler, but not the CPU itself. I would suggest an Intel i5 4690K, especially considering that you are getting a motherboard that is meant for overclocking and you are getting a liquid cpu cooler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-my-gaming-pcs-specs-good.212831/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi, I need to buy a good laptop under 550$. My requirements are given below.

1. Should be capable of playing games like FIFA 2014,15, VIRTUA TENNIS.
2. Viewing angles should be good.
3. If its backlit its good. Not very important.
4. Procesor can be AMD or i5.

Some of my findings are:

http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-1...=BF&cid=7421&lid=197378&acd=10549103-4328635-
--> got a 120$ off coupon

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store....DmY-MHyFXnq6iuCPEoiIylHUdw#ratingsandreviews

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-ge...D0rs.CxAmKpcdpYgVBJykQ#tabbed-customerreviews

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/ho...HP-ENVY-15z-j100-CTO-Notebook-PC-ENERGY-STAR-

A:Need to buy a good laptop under $550

The HP 15-F009WM doesn't have an optical drive but has a AMD Radeon Graphics card already installed with virtualization technology and it's going for real cheap at laptop-pcs-tablets.com. I think the price is at $229 for an open box. The HP-15039WM includes an optical drive but may not come with the Radeon Graphics card, however it has a turbo processing boost just for gaming of up to 2.41 GHZ and it is priced around $319 at the same site. The HP touchscreen is the latest model with the same processing speed and it around $380. You can also get the same features with the ASUS for around $50 less however the brand name of Asus is a little less well known than HP but it's probably like the difference between buying name brand and no name brand. Asus has some good quality ones for a low price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-buy-a-good-laptop-under-550.204672/
Relevancy 15.05%

For about the past month or so, my W7 tower on DSL occasionally loses its connection to the internet so I right click the the icon in the notification area & click trouble shoot & it reconnects yet my iPhone & Ipad remain online no problem.
Why?

A:Intermittent DSL connection problems

Clearly the router is doing find and the activity on W7 IS THE ISSUE.
Examine carefully what was active when the connection was lost.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intermittent-dsl-connection-problems.207951/
Relevancy 46.44%

So basically how the title is.

My internet would drop out/freeze. Router doesn't indicate any change in service. I plug my laptop into the modem, and have prime speeds.

Restart the router. Works for awhile.
Reinstalled the firmware manually on the router.
Set the Channel off of "Auto" and put on various options of 9, 10, 11 to avoid clashes with other networks.

Freezes. Now the router indicates there's no connection. Drag the cord out of modem and test. Prime speeds.

Okay, screw this - I went and bought a new router yesterday because, sure, that Belkin one was 2-3 years old. Set it up with same channel settings, etc.
Same.
Freaking.
Thing.

I have a laptop that runs a VPN (for work) that uses it, plus multiple iphones (3) and ipads (2) an AppleTV and a Samsung smart TV.

Like, help me please here.

A:Internet Drops Out, Consistent Speed with Modem, New Router - no solution

OK, but lets solve on thing at a time 1) ignore the VPN at work and let's get the home router stabilized.
The mobile devices are difficult to diagnose, so 2) stick with the PC for now.

Standard questions:

did you update the ethernet & wifi drivers on the PC?
have you looked to ensure your new router has the latest firmware?
*if* you have a DSL connection to the ISP, do you have the line filters on EVERY device connected to the phone line EXCEPT the line to the modem? *MUST HAVE*
Got to get these right first.

THEN, find the MTU that's right for you AT HOME and set that into the new router:

get a command prompt
ping -l 1500 -f 8.8.8.8
as long as you see Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set., reduce the 1500 by 8 and iterate with the new number
:: record the MTU that works for your ISP at home
The router conf page is accessible using your browser and HTTP://your_router_address/
You need the router password
set the new MTU. Also set a new router password and save the settngs.

The wired connection should be solid at this point.

The wifi should also be better, as long as you avoid other stations with the same channel.
I assume you've see the post re inSSIDER for wifi setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-out-consistent-speed-with-modem-new-router-no-solution.212305/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey guys I have some serious issues with my internet As you can read in the title my ping and therefore my connection is fluctuating You d probably think extreme would be between - but mine is more like - I m using ping in fluctuations Extreme the quot ping -t google com quot command in cmd to check my average ping to see whenever it spikes I should probably tell you something about my situation here because it isn t ideal I m in a shared house because I m in university now I have Extreme fluctuations in ping a total of housemates although they have completely seperate living area s We all share the internet connection though but I don t think they re the issue The thing is my ping fluctuates heavily between and ping with large periods of time when it just says quot request timed out quot because there s no connection at all At first I thought it was my housemates who were just constantly downloading but I ruled that out because it remained throughout the weekend when they weren t even here The only moments I did have complete access to the internet with normal ping - was in the very early morning and the late evening I also figured that even the most intense of downloading wouldn t completely shutdown the internet for everyone else for like hours straight That s when I contacted the house owner about it They told me they ve had problems with slow or on off internet before and that I should just reset the router and modem I would ve done that sooner but I didn t have access before Now I do so I did just that and it removed the spikes that caused complete loss of internet Instead it now fluctuates between - There s one thing though I can t seem to connect to the router s webpage as in I can t even find where it s at It s a Netgear Rangemax Wireless Router so if someone know s how to connect to it please do tell I ve tried quot routerlogin net quot quot routerlogin com quot my default gateway and I m a pretty avid gamer so these kind of pings aren t exactly acceptable to me I d like to know what is going on and what can be causing this Any help with solving this problem is more than welcome Added is a snapshot from the cmd ping history Maybe this will tell you more enough Thanks in advance Marty nbsp

A:Extreme fluctuations in ping

If you use tracert 74.125.132.138, then

the first line of the output will be your local router
and the second will be your ISP gateway.
assuming you're on windows, get the command prompt and enter
pathping -n 74.125.132.138

it will tell you how long it will take to complete - - WAIT FOR IT.

the results will show you the time from one node to another for every node between you and the target.

If the large variations are on line one or two, then it's the equipment at your residence.
Anything else, it is beyond your control.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extreme-fluctuations-in-ping.185474/
Relevancy 24.51%

I found this computer with these pc specs for about $800 and I wanted to know if it is worth it.

CybertronPC Borg-Q GM4213B Desktop PC (Green)
System: AMD FX-4130 3.80GHZ Quad-Core | AMD 760G Chipset | 8GB DDR3 | 1TB HDD | Genuine Windows 8.1 64-bit
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT610 1GB Video Card | 24X DVD±RW Dual-Layer Drive | Audio: 7.1 Channel | Gigabit LAN | Keyboard and Mouse
Expansion Bays/Slots Total(Free): 3(2) Ext. 5.25" | 4(3) Int. 3.5" | 4(4) Int. 2.5" | 1(1) PCI | 1(1) PCI-E x1 | 1(0) PCI-E x16 | 2(1) DIMM 240P
Connectivity: 4x USB 3.0 | 4x USB 2.0 | 1x RJ-45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000 | Audio | 1x HDMI | 1x DVI | 2x VGA
Chassis: Apevia X-Sniper 2 Gaming Mid-Tower w/450 Watt Power Supply | 1 Year Parts & Labor Warranty | Free Lifetime Tech Support

A:Are these good pc specs?

I'm not sure if you have gaming in mind or not so I will go ahead and say this. It's not a gaming machine that is for sure. The processor might be alright for light gaming. But that GPU is a budget card that might give you 30 FPS on low settings. But other than that it would be a good general purpose PC for web browsing, word processing, and light image/video editing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-good-pc-specs.212166/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey, I recently bought a new gaming PC, but I just seem to lag a lot. Could you please check out my specs, and tell me any issues I need to address? It's only a £400 (596 USD) so it's not that impressive. Thanks!

Processor: AMD A8-6600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 3.90 GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB (7.20 GB usable) (side note, I only know it's an AMD, not which model)

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8570D

Sorry, that's all I know of my PC, and also I do not know much about PC's so please try to dumb some things down for me. Thank you!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-specs.212013/
Relevancy 24.51%

APU: AMD A8-7650k 3.80 GHZ w/ intergrated Radeon R7 Graphics
Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A88X-D3H A88X ATX W/ ultra durable 4 plus, on/off charge, GbLAN, 2 PCle x16, 3 PCle x1, 2 PCI
Video Card:Nvidia Geforce Gt730 2GB
Powersupply: 600 watts
Harddrive: 1 TB

This is my first gaming build that my parents are getting me for my birthday. Will it be good for gaming. I'm not going to run on ultra maybe medium with some low settings. Thanks guys

A:Are these good gaming specs?

Can you list some of the games that you might be playing with this computer?
How much RAM (memory - not storage) will the computer have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-good-gaming-specs.211277/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi so I bought a PC about months ago and I love it It so far has been basically able to handle anything I can throw at it Though keep in mind I haven t tried that many strenuous activity though Keep Is PC? my GTA for good enough Processor 5 in mind Is my Processor good enough for GTA 5 PC? I am asking this question because I know nothing about PC s I bought mine pre made just picked a good but affordable one a friend said was good My processor is a Intel Core i - hq GHz Cores Now to my question Being a huge GTA fan I of coarse want to pick up GTA on PC when its drops So I checked the recommended Systems Specs and I seem to meet every requirement but I was unsure about the Is my Processor good enough for GTA 5 PC? Processor This is the recommended processor for play GTA on Pc Intel Core i - GHz didn t talk about cores Below are two links The one to my computer I want to play this game on and a link to the required system specs for this game As I mentioned Mostly want to know if my processor can handle it but It would be a great help as well if you could just check my specs and the recommended specs and see if everything fits or passes these recommenced specs Sorry If I offened anyone with just downright dumb questions as I said big Computer novice Thank you for your help Reccomended Specs http www game-debate com games index php g id amp game Grand Theft Auto V My Specs http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Is my Processor good enough for GTA 5 PC?

Check out the following website: Can you RUN It ; Follow the directions and it will tell you. Grand Theft Auto V is on the list of games to check your system against.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-processor-good-enough-for-gta-5-pc.211286/
Relevancy 23.65%

I'm swapping my xbox for gaming PC and was wondering if these specs where decent enough to run games like arma 3 and battlefield or like dayz ?

And if it's worth swapping xbox one for it

A:Are these pc specs good enough for a starter pc and to swap an xbox one for this gaming pc

No, it is an LGA775 platform. It is old and outdated. For Intel look for a LGA1155 platform or better yet the latest LGA1150 platform. I wouldn't even look at LGA1156, which is the platform between LGA775 and LGA1155. Save yourself a headache and only look at the last two CPU socket platforms.

If you already have the platform, there is still life in it. However I wouldn't advise buying into the platform at any price, especially for a gaming rig.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-pc-specs-good-enough-for-a-starter-pc-and-to-swap-an-xbox-one-for-this-gaming-pc.211011/
Relevancy 24.08%

When I say gaming I mean 5-button. I like those forward-backward buttons and I rely on them heavily. I'd prefer something ergonomic, but if my budget is too low then what the heck. I've had a £10 TeckNet mouse for the past 2 years and it's been okay, just not the greatest position for my fingers, which hurt after prolonged use. I am, of course, right-handed.

Right now my best bet is to get the MSI Interceptor DS100.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-good-cheap-gaming-mouse-%C2%A310-20.210953/
Relevancy 28.38%

The impending launch of DirectX 12 is one of the more exciting things to happen in PC gaming in recent years. Many people are eager to see how the low level API will improve the performance of games that implement...

Read more

A:You can now test DirectX 12 yourself with latest 3DMark update

This is way windows is doomed. DirectX 12 should be available for win 7-10, but MS is so greedy, they cant seem to understand why they are disliked and windows will evientaly be destroyed by Google. Just look at there market share. I betting big on SteamOS, and once it takes off, I will take the jump. Windows is now to bloated, and with greed, I hope all backers back Vulkan. DX12 on Win 10 only has officially broke the camel back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/you-can-now-test-directx-12-yourself-with-latest-3dmark-update.210768/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am looking for a new USB flash drive with all of the following features:

Metal case or very hard plastic. Not rubberized.
USB 3.0 with R/W speeds of at least 50MB/s
No cap, swivel cap or removable protective casing.
At least 16GB or more.

I still have SanDisk Cruzer Micro Titanium. I am looking for something similar in size and features, but faster with bigger capacity.

Any ideas? Thanks

A:Recommend a good USB 3.0 Flash Drive

I bought the Mushkin Enhanced Atom 64GB USB Flash Drive. The write speeds are a bit slower than I wanted at 20MB, but read speeds are above 100MB. I can't complain though as the drive performs as advertised. And for what I want it works perfectly. The casing is hard plastic not rubberized. I know you said no cap, I had that rule as well but grew tired of trying to sort through the available options. Anyway I wanted to pass the word on the recorded speed for my purchase. My last purchase was years ago for a 16GB Cruzer Micro like the one you have.

Here are the benchmarks for my flash drive.

Code:
Starting benchmark.
Bechmarking H:(070B51D3EFFD0114)
Started at 3/27/2015 7:46:25 PM
Filename: H:\test.tmp
Starting large file benchmark. With 100MB file.
16384k:6 Write Speed:30.01MB/s
16384k:6 Write Speed:12.35MB/s
16384k:6 Write Speed:12.21MB/s
16384k:6 Average Write Speed:15.29MB/s
16384k:6 Read Speed:120.24MB/s
16384k:6 Read Speed:119.94MB/s
16384k:6 Read Speed:120.17MB/s
16384k:6 Average Read Speed:120.11MB/s
8192k:12 Write Speed:15.81MB/s
8192k:12 Write Speed:11.34MB/s
8192k:12 Write Speed:11.79MB/s
8192k:12 Average Write Speed:12.70MB/s
8192k:12 Read Speed:120.74MB/s
8192k:12 Read Speed:121.35MB/s
8192k:12 Read Speed:121.55MB/s
8192k:12 Average Read Speed:121.21MB/s
4096k:25 Write Speed:12.96MB/s
4096k:25 Write Speed:15.06MB/s
4096k:25 Write Speed:12.31MB/s
4096k:25 Average Write Speed:13.34MB/s
4096k:25 Read Speed:119.21MB/s
4096k:25 Read Speed:118.23MB/s
4096k:25 Read Speed:119.46MB/s
4096k:25 Average Read Speed:118.97MB/s
2048k:50 Write Speed:13.38MB/s
2048k:50 Write Speed:8.91MB/s
2048k:50 Write Speed:8.88MB/s
2048k:50 Average Write Speed:10.01MB/s
2048k:50 Read Speed:111.43MB/s
2048k:50 Read Speed:110.82MB/s
2048k:50 Read Speed:111.68MB/s
2048k:50 Average Read Speed:111.31MB/s
1024k:100 Write Speed:10.32MB/s
1024k:100 Write Speed:12.79MB/s
1024k:100 Write Speed:15.42MB/s
1024k:100 Average Write Speed:12.50MB/s
1024k:100 Read Speed:116.58MB/s
1024k:100 Read Speed:113.60MB/s
1024k:100 Read Speed:116.50MB/s
1024k:100 Average Read Speed:115.54MB/s
512k:200 Write Speed:11.92MB/s
512k:200 Write Speed:14.19MB/s
512k:200 Write Speed:14.09MB/s
512k:200 Average Write Speed:13.31MB/s
512k:200 Read Speed:120.32MB/s
512k:200 Read Speed:119.08MB/s
512k:200 Read Speed:120.05MB/s
512k:200 Average Read Speed:119.82MB/s
Deleting file.
Starting small file benchmark. With 10MB file.
256k:40 Write Speed:8.28MB/s
256k:40 Write Speed:11.13MB/s
256k:40 Write Speed:7.81MB/s
256k:40 Average Write Speed:8.86MB/s
256k:40 Read Speed:94.47MB/s
256k:40 Read Speed:95.36MB/s
256k:40 Read Speed:94.49MB/s
256k:40 Average Read Speed:94.77MB/s
128k:80 Write Speed:6.15MB/s
128k:80 Write Speed:13.09MB/s
128k:80 Write Speed:4.10MB/s
128k:80 Average Write Speed:6.21MB/s
128k:80 Read Speed:91.57MB/s
128k:80 Read Speed:92.04MB/s
128k:80 Read Speed:93.11MB/s
128k:80 Average Read Speed:92.23MB/s
64k:160 Write Speed:8.12MB/s
64k:160 Write Speed:11.53MB/s
64k:160 Write Speed:11.81MB/s
64k:160 Average Write Speed:10.19MB/s
64k:160 Read Speed:87.04MB/s
64k:160 Read Speed:89.33MB/s
64k:160 Read Speed:86.33MB/s
64k:160 Average Read Speed:87.55MB/s
32k:320 Write Speed:1.87MB/s
32k:320 Write Speed:11.50MB/s
32k:320 Write Speed:9.33MB/s
32k:320 Average Write Speed:4.11MB/s
32k:320 Read Speed:31.22MB/s
32k:320 Read Speed:30.31MB/s
32k:320 Read Speed:31.01MB/s
32k:320 Average Read Speed:30.84MB/s
Deleting file.
Starting tiny file benchmark. With 1MB file.
16k:320 Write Speed:1.69MB/s
16k:320 Write Speed:8.21MB/s
16k:320 Write Speed:7.90MB/s
16k:320 Average Write Speed:3.57MB/s
16k:320 Read Speed:28.70MB/s
16k:320 Read Speed:29.28MB/s
16k:320 Read Speed:28.30MB/s
16k:320 Average Read Speed:28.76MB/s
8k:640 Write Speed:4.43MB/s
8k:640 Write Speed:5.20MB/s
8k:640 Write Speed:5.06MB/s
8k:640 Average Write Speed:4.87MB/s
8k:640 Read Speed:24.73MB/s
8k:640 Read Speed:25.06MB/s
8k:640 Read Speed:24.82MB/s
8k:640 Average Read Speed:24.87MB/s
4k:1280 Write Speed:2.83M... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-a-good-usb-3-0-flash-drive.210791/
Relevancy 24.08%

My first time building! some things have not yet been picked, so I want your opinion on the things I have in mind, and the ones I can't decide over...

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
Processor: AMD FX-8350
Graphics card: Sapphire r9 280
RAM: Kingston HyperX Savage 2x 4GB
power supply: Corsair CX750
Optical Drive: lg bh16ns40 multi blue

Do I seriously need an sdd drive?
also any cases that might suit my build or anything I might not need or DO need?
thanks- M

A:Good specs for gaming PC? First time

Did you already purchase the items above or is that what you have in mind for purchasing? What is your overall budget for your Gaming PC? What types of games are you going to be playing on this PC? The AMD FX-8350 is a good CPU, but if you want any kind of future proofing, I would suggest getting an Intel. If you let us know how much you can spend, we can help you build one that will be better for future games.
Also, no you do not need a SSD (Solid State Drive), but it will make boot times and load times faster. My suggestion with that, is purchase a smaller SSD (120GB maybe) for your operating system and also purchase a larger (1TB+) Hard Drive for everything else (applications, storage, etc).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-specs-for-gaming-pc-first-time.210626/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello I apologize in advance for my almost complete lack of computer knowledge That said my PC was built for me by one of the IT guys at work who has since moved on I can t scare him card Good with Windows 7? graphics compatible up from his last known email addy So I m sort of out there drifting on this stuff trying to find any help I can The PC is connected to the home theater system TV through HDMI About weeks ago and video from the internet stopped producing sound In addition the PC doesn t Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7? play audio dvds anymore And when I click on the samples in the library I can t play them either I m assuming without knowing the graphics card is shot I think it s about four years old I opened up the box pulled out the graphics card I didn t make a note of manufacturer model but my device manager says it s nvidia and the driver is up to date and cleaned it I plugged it back in still no sound I can play youtube videos or stream online content but none of it has sound Does it sound to you guys like I need a new graphics card If so I need a recommendation for a better than average one that is compatible with windows professional something in the range or so Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7?

Open up nVidia Control Panel.
Under Display select "Set up Digital Audio".
Verify settings to make sure they are correctly set up to send audio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-graphics-card-compatible-with-windows-7.210597/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a Dell Optiplex 330 which has a 2.0 dual processor with 4gb of ddr2 ram. I have windows xp installed and I have a video card that has 1024 mb of ram. I am unsure of the brand of video card or further specs. I bought it off of ebay some time ago.

My problem is that when I try to play streaming video it wants to freeze a lot. I have already given more space for the virtual memory on my computer: I think 4 to 8 gb and I have set my hardware acceleration way down but these changes haven't helped.

I can download and play movies fine, I only seem to have problems when playing streaming video like from hulu.com or letmewatchthis.com which directs you to sites like: putlocker, deditv, sockshare, loomba, etc. I have used other computers and they don't seem to have as much problems with this so I hope that somebody knows what I need to do to solve this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Freezing problems with streaming video

When you say freezing, do you mean just the video freezes, or the whole system? If its just the video, it could have something to do with your internet connection. Is the computer on wired internet or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezing-problems-with-streaming-video.164671/
Relevancy 68.8%

If I currently get an average of 20mbps using a linksys n router with comcast as my ISP. If I upgrade to an ac router, and assuming I have ac compatible devices, will I get any significant increase in wifi speed? I wasn't sure if I need to get a faster internet tier from Comcast or not. AC routers promise much faster speeds (400mbps) but comcast says they provide me with 25 tops. Can I just upgrade my router or do I have to pay more to comcast?

A:Will 802.11ac router increase download speed?

If 25mbps is all that comcast is providing, u are doing all u can expect if u are receiving 20 u are doing all u can expect with that plan. changing u'r router is not going to help in the least.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-802-11ac-router-increase-download-speed.209175/
Relevancy 24.51%

I want some cheap and good headphones. I'm currently thinking about buying a Steelseries 3H V2 for 40 euros but I have a question. It is written that these headphones have a retractable microphone. Does that mean that I can take it out and throw it away? I have a separate microphone which I wanna use instead of their cheap one. Besides all that, perhaps somebody can suggest better headphones for a similar price?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-headphones.208712/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello all...I'm having problems with my Dell PC. I just purchased a sweet new scanner (ScanSnap SV600) and when I scan a lot of pages at once, I get an error message saying I'm out of storage and to restart the computer. The specific code given is 0x8007000E. I've also been noticing when I run a few web tabs at once, sometimes they just go black and I need to restart the browser. It has 8GB of RAM and all the drivers are updated. Anything I'm missing? Thank you kindly!

Dell Optiplex 790
[email protected]
8GB RAM
Win 7 Pro

A:Memory Problems?

How much storage space do you have? From what I could research this error is tied to programs demanding a great deal of memory. You say this occurs when trying to scan a lot of pages at once. Does this occur when scanning less material at once? Have you tried updating your drivers for the scanner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-problems.208487/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I have an old HP Pavilion n that has - GB DDR PC ram modules but they are being reported in BIOS as only being at PC and I am just wondering if this is the best that this system can do with this speed of ram or is there anything that I can do to get it to run at PC Here are the specs from CPU-Z Mainboard Model - ASUS P B -LA rev Chipset - Intel i D rev Southbridge - Intel BA ICH rev Processor Intel Pentium - GHz - Northwood Clocks Core Core Speed - MHz Multiplier - x Bus Speed - MHz Rated FSB - MHz CPU-Z is reporting that both modules are PC DDR but the BIOS is indicating PC The BIOS does not have the ability to change anything regarding clock settings and the board itself has no jumpers to change so any input would be welcome regarding any suggestions if this system can actually get full usage of the PC DDR GB modules or if it can only run at PC because of the Bus Speed I thought that if Speed Ram reporting BIOS not correct in the board had a MHz FSB it would run DDR PC ram Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Brian nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reporting-correct-speed-in-bios.207737/
Relevancy 24.51%

I don't know if this is the topic/forum. I was wondering if this pc build could play all of the following.

Arma 3
Arma 2
Grand theft auto V(GTA5 for when it comes out)
Grand theft auto IV
battle field 3
battle field 4
Dead island
Crysis 3
all metro city's
And a lot of games like that to medium-high-max settings.

If I posted this on the wrong forum I'm sorry.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Famous/saved/sZxWGX

If you guys want you can post part suggestions.

A:Is this a good gaming pc build?

Lets start with: What is your overall budget for this build? We might be able to build something better depending on how much you have.
Going with what you currently have listed I would suggest only minor changes to include:
The motherboard is a Dual Channel RAM setup - So you need to find RAM that comes as a pair (2x4GB instead of 1x8GB) for better efficiency.
I would also suggest getting a PSU (power supply) that is from a better known manufacture. Yes the one you selected will work, but the lesser brand ones have the tendency to fail more often (and the one you selected does not have too many good reviews).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-gaming-pc-build.207377/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a Windows 7 HP desktop system that is connected to the internet via an ethernet cable. The system says it is connected, and a ping confirms it is accessing the internet. BUT, all the browsers say the computer is not connected to the internet (tried Chrome, Firefox and IE). All of the Microsoft network adapters (6to4, ISATAP adapter, ISATAP adapter #2, Teredo Tunneling Adapter) shown under device manager cannot start (Code 10). the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller is the only network adapter shown as working properly. What do I need to do to fix this? Let me know if there is any other information needed to help me.

A:Windows 7 computer says connect via ethernet and ping confirms but cannot get to any page

Does your router see this computer on the network?
Are you on Private Network or Home Network?
Is the IP address showing 192.168.x.x or is it showing 169.xx.xx.xx?

NIC network card you can do a few things. You can can disable it and re-able it.
Open dos prompt
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: ipconfig /release
type: ipconfig /renew

Give this a sec or two.

Now under services.msc (use the control panel and type services)
Select view local services
Scroll down for
DHCP Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it
DNS Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it

If none of the above work go into the device manager. under control panel type: device manager. click on device manager

-Network adapters
-Realtek PCI-e this one uninstall the drivers (BUT DO NOT DELETE THEM)

Two options here.
One: Scan computer for new hardware changes
Two: Reboot the PC

Choose Two, because Windows will re-install the drivers and setup network card settings. for you. The Choosing One would do that same but you really want to flush out any prior issues that got you to this point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-computer-says-connect-via-ethernet-and-ping-confirms-but-cannot-get-to-any-page.207373/
Relevancy 14.62%

See picture below. Any ideas? Ive cleaned the rollers, and the main charger, and pretty much anything else I can find in the copier. Havent replaced the toner cartridge though. Originally there was toner all over the place and the dotted line was a solid black line. Performing the aforementioned maintenance items got rid of the thick black line but now this remains.

Any help is appreciated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kyocera-km3530-copier-copy-problems.207362/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have been thinking about buying a really good Gaming Computer, and now I have no idea which computer or specs to actually get. I want something cheap but don't mind expensive. I also heard that custom built computers are better than already engineered computers. I was checking out http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-B85-Configurator but like I said I don't know what specs to get for this computer. I want a computer that can support any game like any call of duty, minecraft, LoL, WoW, etc. and maybe posting videos on YouTube or others. Please help and thank you for your attention.

Please comment the specs

A:A good gaming computer

That is a good place to have a computer built as far as specs go there is no computer specs that have to be met, a good PSU is good in any machine, a reasonable mobo is needed in any machine. I prefer ASUS but they will be the highest if top of the line. if u are going to overclock make sure it is over clockable and make sure the processor is over
clockcable and yes they both have the ability, although the board will just put the # down. any video card will play games, but the newer ones should give u more frames, and last longer. as far as the processor AMD or Intel will be fine. and that site will e-mail u if the MOBO and processor will not work together.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-good-gaming-computer.206756/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi. Im about To build a gaming pc and I have came up with This :

inno 3d ichill geforce gtg 980 herculeZ x4 air boss ultra 4gb GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, 3xdisplayport

Cooler master nepton 280L watercooling system

XFX pro650W core edition full wired power supply

Intel core i7-5820k, 6x 3.30ghz

Asus x99-a

Fractal design define r4 titnaium grey window

Crucial 8gb ddr4 2133 x 2

is this a good build ?

Moderator note: This thread has been moved from another member's thread.

A:Is this a good gaming build?

thehubbapubba said:

Hi. Im about To build a gaming pc and I have came up with This :

inno 3d ichill geforce gtg 980 herculeZ x4 air boss ultra 4gb GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, 3xdisplayport

Cooler master nepton 280L watercooling system

XFX pro650W core edition full wired power supply

Intel core i7-5820k, 6x 3.30ghz

Asus x99-a

Fractal design define r4 titnaium grey window

Crucial 8gb ddr4 2133 x 2

is this a good build ?Click to expand...

You should start your own thread next time with the question instead but its decent depending on what your wanting. I am also a bit confused by your wording in spots because it sounds a bit weird.

Are you just gaming on this machine or do you have other ideas in mind?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-gaming-build.206882/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello,
I seem to have quite an annoying problem with my new 256gb razerbalde. Whenever I launch a game I get a black screen the sound still works but no response from the screen, I have to put it to sleep and back on again and it works even though sometimes I need to do it 10 times or so. I have updated to all the newest drivers and tried a secondary display through hdmi it gives me the following error message: failed to initialize renderer. Unknow error creating the renderer. I only tried launching skyrim so far. The error seems to happen sometimes but not often when I will start the laptop and the screen will be the same. It's more of a black/greyish color and you notice that it is on.
Any help will be of great use. If the post already exists I am sorry and would be happy to get the link.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razerblade-problems.206284/
Relevancy 15.05%

I'm having trouble staying on line with telstra connection my internet keeps freezing and dropping in and out I have had trouble with my home line phone and have a bullion modem which this isn't the problem, the problem I believe lays with telstra as I've checked with my server and with downloads and updated my PC so what can I do next.
Thanks
June

A:Having problems with connection dropping in and out

June Lomas said:

what can I do next.Click to expand...

Call Telestra

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-with-connection-dropping-in-and-out.206048/
Relevancy 15.48%

I have been having quite a few issues with the motherboard I have from ASRock. It is the Z87 Extreme4. My issue is the usb 3.0 No matter what I plug in it says this device can perform faster than this blah blah blah. Anyway, that should not be happening as I am plugging in usb 3.0 devices. What is going on? The other problem is that my front ports that are from the mobod header will no longer recognize any of my external 2.5 hdd. 1 on the back also says this so I am limited to just 3 ports on the back that I can plug into with my external hdd and they are very important to what I do. Is anyone familiar with this? Is this only on this board or a common thing among ASRock? I have other computers and the usb 3.0 works just great.

A:USB 3.0 Problems

Have u Installed the drivers? I do not know any thing about ASRock but lots of USB3 have to have the drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-3-0-problems.205957/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have been experiencing some serious FPS problems with my Laptop recently. I Used to run games at somewhere from 60-120 FPS, but now its dropped down to 5-14 FPS. It happened recently. A couple days ago on Saturday Oct 4rth, I was playing Team Fortress 2 on Steam. I shut off my computer to go to sleep for the night and when I turned on my computer the FPS problem started almost immediately after I turned on the PC. Its not just Team Fortress 2 either, Its happening to all of my other games also. I am not sure on what to do and the only though that comes to my mind when I wonder what the problem could be is a virus. (I have virus protection Webroot but I'm not sure if it works to well.) I might have to Factory Reset my computer, but I want to try different solutions before I Factory Reset. Any Ideas?

My Laptop Info: http://gyazo.com/f1acf76e4e8e9febcec1e6e62991b297

/

A:FPS Gaming Problems

Back up your important data and do the Factory Reset. Apply all the Windows Updates, and then try your games. Webroot is not an antivirus program. Try installing MSE:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-gaming-problems.205822/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am looking for a good gaming laptop for games like LoL, Smite, WoW and much more, and I've found one! im not sure, is it good? I mean, will there be any lag, or just let me hear your opinion about this one.

HP Pavilion 15-N210 A10
Processor: 2.1 GHz AMD A10-5745M Quad Core
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 RAM
Hard drive: 1TB hard drive
Display: 15.6 "HD BrightView (1366x768) screen
Graphics: 2GB AMD Radeon 8610G/8670M dual GPU
Optical Drive: DVD-RW
Network: WiFi-n. LAN.
Weight: 2.3 kg.
Color: Ano alloy silver / midnight black.
Others: DTS HD audio.
2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0.
HDMI. SD card reader. HD webcam.
Numpad. Dimensions: 386 x 258 x 22.6 mm.
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit

A:Is this a good laptop?

Imo:

Processor: 2.1 GHz AMD A10-5745M is not the fastest and the AMD is a power (battery) hog.
the win/8 is also an unfortunate condition of new preinstalls

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-laptop.203039/
Relevancy 21.93%

I've never come across this and need a few more heads on this. All of a sudden this evening I am unable to upload to the internet. I've tried uploading to Facebook, gmail, and drop box all with a laptop, galaxy tab, HTC one phone, ( these three on wireless internet) and our hp desktop (hard wired). I can download from each program with all devices as well as browse internet and play YouTube videos. I've rebooted each device. Rebooted modem, router, as well as removed the router from the equation. I had my local isp (Wow! Internet) reboot their end twice. They say they have no problems in our area and it's not on their end.... Anyone ran across this or have any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-upload-can-download.205781/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello guys,

I am on the hunt for a new gaming headset since I had to throw my old one out when I moved.

I have decided to put in a decent amount of money ( Around 150-200£ ) and I have had my eyes on Sennheiser 363d for some time now. It comes with a USB soundcard. I am unable to fit a soundcard in my PC since its a mini itx build so it sounds like a good investment in my ears.

I have also been checking out Turtlebeach xp seven however it does not come with a USB soundcard.

Now I am just wondering, My mother board :
Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI Motherboard
Has the following audio features :
Realtek® ALC892 codec
High Definition Audio
2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
Support for S/PDIF Out

Is that sound good enough to handle on its own or do you think id get an improvement with the soundcard from 363d?

Have you any experience with 363d or Turtlebeach Seven? What do you think about them?

I appreciate any inputs, also if you know of a headset I have totally overlooked

Kind regards,
Obzoleet!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-headset-do-i-need-usb-soundcard-or-is-my-mobo-good-enough-to-handle-it-on-its-own.205639/
Relevancy 24.08%

I do not want to go over how much it costs now. Another thing I need to mention is that this is a black/blue themed pc.

A:Is this a good gaming rig? give suggestions on how to make it better

What exactly is the Intel Devil's Canyon Bundle? From what I can tell it is not specific parts and can be any number of components. Everything else looks good though, just not sure about the bundle.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-gaming-rig-give-suggestions-on-how-to-make-it-better.205206/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi all. Well I am having problems with turning on my Toshiba satellite c50-a-19t laptop. The night before there was a smell coming from the fan so I turned it off. I put it on charge in the morning and when it was fully charged I went to use it. The white light on the front goes on for a sec and then goes straight off and the laptop don't power up. Any ideas guys ???

A:Problems with laptop

Sounds as though it may have over heated and something may have shorted out. you will need to have it looked at your local repair shop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-laptop.204564/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hey.
Everytime I plug in the Ethernet cord to the router. It lights up and doesn't blink. After a couple of seconds, it just goes dark and I'm unable to use the router.

It works from time to time (I always have to unplug and it replug it back constantly) and I tried plugging in the router without the Ethernet plugged in and it looks like it works fine (Lights blinking). I plug in the Ethernet after that and it continues blinking for a few seconds then it darkens.

It's a Linksys router. WRT5462 V1 (Cisco)

A:Router problems -_-

Have you tried more than one cable? The cable could have gone bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-problems-_.204968/
Relevancy 14.62%

I m been having some network problems and I m really not sure to make of any of them Networking was never my strong point but I ve done everything I m capable of to try and diagnose and fix this problem So I have comcast and use my own router The last router I had was a netgear and needed replaced because it would restart itself randomly multiple times a day and I d be without internet for about - minutes at a time Instead network wireless Help connection diagnosing problems of trying constantly to fix it I just bought a linksys C to replace it with This problem started happening a little over a month ago and it manifests is self differently every time and the symptoms just don t at up in any logical way before I go out and buy a new router I want to ask you guys Obviously I get disconnected for about a minute at a time but Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems I also have long periods of just EXTREMELY slow internet Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems speeds I m talking mbps down to less than mbps The odd part comes in when I do a speed test during one of these drops in speed The speed test says I m getting all mbps of my connection but the youtube video I ll be watching will need to buffer Pages will also load very slowly but not all of them Techspot Youtube and Outlook all take forever to load during these slow downs but others will load just fine I can t figure out if this is the router or comcast It problem seems like it is a router problem because of me getting disconnected from my router but during these slow downs I can still access my router just fine and my internet speed will be displayed correctly I only have one computer connected to wifi so I can t test other machines What do you guys make of this Also what are some tests I can run to help diagnose this problem I m at wits end about this whole thing The disconnects seems to have stopped when I changed channels in my router to channel but I m still having this severe slow down issue Also as a side note I recently upgraded to xfinity and it came with a new modem These slowdowns have been occurring on both modems which leads me to believe it is the router Here is what I ve tried doing so far gt upgrading firmware gt changing ethernet cables gt changing modems gt changing wireless cards gt adjusting channels gt using different types of security WEP MAC WPA gt reinstalling windows gt using different browsers nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-diagnosing-wireless-network-connection-problems.204969/
Relevancy 24.51%

Would these gaming pc specs be able to run games like DayZ on high settings? Give me suggestions if I should change some parts.

PCPartPicker part list: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/YDqjRB

A:Are these good gaming pc specs?

GTX 760 isn't much of a gaming card for a $2000 rig.
Probably should think about getting a gtx 780Ti or R9 290.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-good-gaming-pc-specs.204805/
Relevancy 24.08%

My System Specs

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer MSI
System Model MS-7641
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD FX(tm)-4170 Quad-Core Processor, 4200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V17.10, 10/08/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.98 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.32 GB
Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 11.4 GB
Page File Space 7.98 GB

I would like to get this graphics card http://www.dabs.com/products/asus-g...rage - Graphics, TV Tuners and I/O - Graphics will my system be able to handle this?

A:Graphics Card How Good Does My System Need To Be?

While it can handle it, it will be greatly bottlenecked by the CPU. Also, we need to make sure your PSU can handle it, so if you can post your full system specs including the PSU, HDD, motherboard,etc., that would great.

You can probably upgrade the CPU to an 8350 since it uses the same socket. But you may need to apply a BIOS update. BUT, before we get ahead of ourselves, please post full system specs like said above. Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-how-good-does-my-system-need-to-be.204430/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello,
I've bought a cisco linksysX-1000. And I can't ping to the gateway. I was previously using an aztech modem but I had to flush the power on it a lot so I bought the linksys. Now, I've configured the linksys but can't ping to the gateway, whereas the aztech has no trouble. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-router-cant-ping-to-gateway.204450/
Relevancy 15.48%

Hey so I wasn t really sure where to post this as I am quite new to the forums but here I go So my first problem is with my laptop s adapter charger not really sure what it s called in english it no longer charges as in the tiny green light no longer turns on when I connect it to problems Two an outlet and yes I Two problems have tried more than just one outlet It s dead From what I ve read on the web I suppose the only way out is buying a new charger Or trying to open the charger box and fixing it Is that possible If so any tips on how to do that - My second problem is releated with the internet modem I have cable internet and after this storm a coupel of days ago it started playing tricks on me even though the cable is plugged into the pc and the modem is working for about a whole minute my pc says that the cable is unplugged and only after that does it recognize it and connect me to the internet Any ideea what s wrong I suppose there s fault in my modem because before when it worked just fine about three green lights turned on right after turning it on but now only two do the dsl and power one I don t know fpr sure but I think the third one used to be ethernet And that s about it If anything s unclear please ask english is my third language so I might have made some mistakes here and there thanks for your time nbsp

A:Two problems

DO NOT open that "charger box." It is dangerous to do so because it can hold a charge of electricity for quite some time. Either buy a new charger from the laptop manufacture or, if you can, purchase a new charger from the likes of Targus. I have a Lenovo laptop and bought the Targas brand as a back-up. It works great and Targus supplies several adapters to work on many different brands.

Secondly, was your modem and router plugged into a surge protector or do you have them plugged directly into the outlet?

Your English is quite good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-problems.203854/
Relevancy 15.05%

Dvd burner will duplicate cd's fine, but the movies always say failure after endless times of trying...someone plz help

A:Dvd burner problems...any suggestions

They are so cheap now it is probably worth everyone's time to just get a new one.

If you really want to troubleshoot it, put it in a different computer or OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-problems-any-suggestions.204100/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I didn't know where to post this
my internet speed been groin crazy
its goes fine then at some point all the speed drop the lights flickers
only in wifi tho
I called my ISP they said it the signals from the wireless phone
called my friend he says its signals from other routers * I live in a building around 16 ap 4 per floor*
both said to connect via either
a lot of my usage is by phone so I use wifi
any one have any solution for it ?

A:Internet speed

Eliminate the possibilities.

Turn off the wifi, connect to router via cable only. Is it still slowing down? If yes, it's something related to wireless. Then continue troubleshooting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed.204286/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello!

I want to buy a new gaming PC, and I was looking around for something good. Someone recommended me this build:

Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme3
Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003
Graphic card: Asus GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5
PSU: XFX TS Series 550W
HDD: Corsair Vengeance - DDR3
Processor: AMD Black Edition - AMD FX 6350

I'll have to pay around 873 euros for this PC. This includes Windows 7, 1 year warranty, anti virus (Bullguard Anti Virus), and a Sharkoon gaming set (keyboard and mouse).

Is this worth it? Can I play games like League of Legends with no lag? Is it a good pc for its price?? Any advice is much appreciated since I don't have that much knowledge on PCs. I thank you in advance for helping me!

A:Will this be a good gaming PC?

Well that price translates to about 1200 US dollars. IMO you can build a much better pc for that price. I would check out TS's PC buying guide. Their enthusiast level machine seems like a much better deal than the one you posted. Check it out here: http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/page4.html

Minus the sound card and maybe a cheaper case it is about the same price as the one you posted.

Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-be-a-good-gaming-pc.204120/
Relevancy 15.05%

Dvd burner will duplicate cd's fine, but the movies always say failure after endless times of trying...someone plz help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-with-my-dvd-burner.204090/
Relevancy 20.64%

Had an AMD HP G62-227CL laptop that overheated and required motherboard replacement with similar Intel motherboard. Old board clocked at 2.2 MHZ .. new one is 2.0 MHZ.
Board I got from Ebay works but now computer believes that it is a Compaq CQ42 Laptop. Do not know the model number, which I would need on HPs site to download BIOs upgrades.

Is there a way to tell which bios I need or what model I now have?

Thank you,

Steve

A:Replaced Failed Motherboard.. now how do I determine model number and which BIOS to download?

Finding a bios update rather then the one hp would give for this board. Would be next to none.
You could check a few of the support pages for this model. Which their are a lot Of
Maybe find out the motherboard you have bought.

HP Support, Drivers, Contact and Help Forums | HP ® Support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-failed-motherboard-now-how-do-i-determine-model-number-and-which-bios-to-download.203956/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi all,

I have a intel Q9505 CPU on a Intel mobo with 4gb mem (I will upgrade to 8Gb mem). I was wondering if I can just get a good video card for gaming or do you guys suggest a total new PC?

A:Good enough for gaming?

LGA775 is dying but if you are strapped for cash, spending $160-200 (assuming your PSU is adequate) on a card would keep you going awhile. To give you a performance reference, the Core2 Quad performs on par with the current i3's. If current gaming benchmark's of the i3 is satisfactory, then you are good for awhile. If you think you need i5 or better performance, then a new system would be recommended.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-enough-for-gaming.202770/
Relevancy 24.51%

Are these good statistics for gaming
Processor Speed:
3.40 GHzOperating System:
Windows 7
Memory:
12 GBScreen Size:
None
Hard Drive Capacity:
1 TBProcessor Type:
Intel Core i7 4th Gen.
Operating System Edition:
Home Premium
Brand Alienware
This is an alienware x51 R2 with the below specs

i7-4770 processor @ 3.40GHz

Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (1x8 GB Module) 1600MHz 240-pin DDR3 Non-ECC CL10 Desktop Memory KHX1600C10D3B1/8G

Kingston Hyper X Blu 4 GB 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 Desktop Memory (KHX1600C9D3B1/4G)

1TB HDD

GTX 660 Alienware OEM Version

Blu-ray slot load player

Windows 7 home premium disk

Cyberlink PowerDVD 9.6 disk

330W power brick

Alienware mouse and keyboard
Intel Network 7260.HMWG WiFi Wireless-AC 7260 H/T Dual Band 2x2 AC+Bluetooth HMC is this good for $200

It is used

Also as you can see from specs I upgraded the RAM and the wireless card.
This auction will not include the old RAM.

12GB RAM

A:Is This computer good for gaming?

Price? It's probably overpriced Alienware junk, even if 2nd hand. GTX 660 isn't gonna let you max out games at 1920x1080, and it can't be upgraded.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-computer-good-for-gaming.203214/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All,

I'm really struggling here. I've just purchased some Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Pro Series Red DDR3 Memory with the Specs CAS 12-13-13-35, 1.65V at 2666MHz. I got 2 sets (2x4GB per set, 16GB overall, all 4 slots are occupied). When I choose the XMP profile, the computer fails to post, it resets and then tells me "overclock failed". To get it to boot I set the speed to 2133MHz and it is now stable.

MoBo is an Asus Maximus Vi Hero (Z87) and a Haswell Core i7 4770K with a H60 closed loop on it.
Power supply is a Corsair AX750.

My question is, why can I not hit the advertised speed of 2666MHz? Do I need to send more voltage through them?

Thanks for your help in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-xmp-profiles-fail-to-reach-targeted-speed.203152/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok, so I just recently upgraded to a Cat6 cord, I needed a longer cord and the only ones being sold where the Cat6 so I had to get it. Before I installed it, I had a Cat5E, my speed listing was about 3.8mbps give or take.. yeah crappy verizon DSL. But after hooking up the Cat6, I'm now getting about 1.2mbps. I'm rather confused on this, cause from what I read and what I know, that shouldn't cause my speed to dive bomb. And I know it's dive bombed even without the speed test, cause everythings slowed down, loading webpages, gaming, it's all miserably slow. So, I'm at a loss, did I somehow install it wrong? Did I not appease some Tech god before doing it right? Or, perhaps a faulty line?

A:New Cat6 cord, killed internet speed

Temporarily use the 5e cable again? See if it goes back to previous speed.

My guess would be this should not happen. The cable I would think is sort of a go or no go situation, meaning it works or it doesn't. I'm sure you can have cables with some 'damage' that work but at reduced capacity, but 5e and 6 should be capable of doing 1000Mbps, so when you are talking about a decline from 3.8 to 1.2 that is minuscule compared to what the cable should be capable of, so I really doubt the cable is at fault. Just a weird coincidence based on the information you've given us.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cat6-cord-killed-internet-speed.202836/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys,
Me and my friend were talking about GPUs on Skype because I'm upgrading mine in July and he's building one soon. My setup is basically a B75M motherboard with a GTX 770 but my friend thinks that having two GTX 660s will be better, but would also require a Z87 to support the SLI. What is better performance-wise and efficiency-wise?

A:Is it better to have 2 decent GPUs or 1 really good one?

Here is what passmark scores those two cards you mentioned.
GTX 660
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+660
GTX 770
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+770

This is only to give you a basic reference point. Having 2 GTX 660s versus just one 770 in my opinion would be a bad choice mostly because the game has to support SLI and scale well for it to be better than the single 770. On top of that, they would be very close matches in performance as is (SLI 660 vs 1 770) so the choice I would make would be the GTX 770.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-better-to-have-2-decent-gpus-or-1-really-good-one.202165/
Relevancy 24.51%

I bought a new laptop and was wondering if it was good enough for gaming.

Windows 8.1 Pro
ENVY 15t-j100 Quad Edition
15.6-inch Full HD BrightView LED-backlit Display (1920x1080)
4th generation Intel® Core? i7-4700MQ Processor 2.4 GHz (3.4 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 740M Graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video memory
8GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)
1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

A:Is this laptop good for gaming?

What games would you be playing? Cant really tell you either way if you don't say what you want to play.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-laptop-good-for-gaming.201076/
Relevancy 14.62%

I have a toshiba satellite pro and usually use the touchpad with my right hand rather than a mouse. I attached an external mouse for my daughter to use, and changed the settings to lefthanded. I disconnected and shut down. Since then, each time I restart the computer, the touchpad does not work correctly. Instead of double clicking on the touchpad, I have to rightclick. I have to go into mouse settings on control panel, and move the double click speed, click apply and then the touchpad works correctly then. Why is this? Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/touchpad-problems-after-using-left-handed-mouse.201828/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have been having numerous problems with my internet lately. On my desktop, Skype has been routinely causing 30 second interruptions with my internet services (I have already disabled nPnP). In addition, I will often lose connection to Steam while browsing the Steam store and I have had connection problems with at least one other online retailer. Each time, connections are lost for 30 - 60 seconds. It is getting quite irritating.

I am having a slightly different problem on my laptop while it is going through the same router. When streaming videos, they often won't buffer properly or even at all, leading to the video constantly pausing and starting up again.

There are so many things that could be wrong with my connection. It is my network router, my cable modem, my ISP, or even something on my computer. It would be nice if there was a program that could analyze my connection and determine where my internet connection is being severed when it is severed.

Could anyone recommend either a program or a method of diagnosing this problem.

Thanks.

A:Searching for a good way to diagnose my internet connection

First of all, we're going to need a speedtest.net report to see what kind of internet speeds you are dealing with in the first place. Second, when was the last time you did a reset on your router? Here's a link to a program that allows you to monitor your bandwith, which sounds like what you are asking for.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/searching-for-a-good-way-to-diagnose-my-internet-connection.201771/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi So my HTC just old Nokia Problems 7360 spare with got stolen so I had to dig up my old spare phone it s a old Nokia and it works somehow I can call and I can txt but I can t save any new contacts it just says something like quot forbidden action quot anyhow I can t copy old contacts from the Problems with old spare Nokia 7360 phone to the sim card I can t delete old contacts so I was going to reset the whole thing but I have changed the security code by default it should be and I can t remember what I have changed it to and yes I have tried all the possibilities that there are So what to do -any ideas P S It also says that the memory is full and it can t save any MMS WAP what nat settings EDIT Have got it connected to the computer now with a data cable and using Nokia PC Suite and I made a backup of everything just in case but Problems with old spare Nokia 7360 it failed to backup the contacts so I tried to just open and view all the saved contacts but it just fails Anyhow I m not really interested in the old contacts so I don t mind but when it fails to read the contacts it also fails when I try to add new contacts via the computer Next step was to download Nokia Software Updater that s also what the PC Suite suggested but it can t quot find quot the phone when it s connected So what next -I could send it to Nokia so that they there would flash it but then if there is some other problems with it it would cost a fortune and it s not worth it nbsp

A:Problems with old spare Nokia 7360

You need to go in the nearest nokia care point at your place. You can also go to unauthorised repair shop for reformatting or reflashing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-old-spare-nokia-7360.171731/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello, yesterday I was using my computer and I shut it off. When I came back a few hours later, the wifi couldn't connect, and, unlike most times life this, it displayed an ethernet symbol with a red 'x' opposed to the normal wireless symbol with an 'x'. My computer stopped connecting to any wireless, though works fine with ethernet.

It is a Lenovo Ideapad with Windows 8

I've tried rebooting (I'm clueless, but not that clueless), updating the OS, uninstalling and reinstalling the computer's drivers along with some more far-fetched stuff (I got desperate) such as removing the battery, waiting a few hours, and plugging it back in, but nothing has worked.

If anyone can help, that would be amazing, thanks!

A:Internet problems on my Lenovo

trekzone said:

Hi,

Seems your WIFI adapter is being disabled. try enabling the device in your device manager or with the Fn+function key provided in your laptop.Click to expand...

That doesn't seem to be the problem, the adapter is enabled and the computer is not in airplane mode

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-problems-on-my-lenovo.201378/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi I'm planning to get a cost-effective tablet hybrid for schoolwork(documents), schoolwork(coding with Java using BlueJ and Netbeans etc as an IT student), some media like 1080p and/or 720p 10-bit content and Internet

So I picked what seems to be the best deal, Asus T100, I even found the 500GB version here, would its Baytrail Quad Core Z3740 1.33 GHz Processor with 2GB RAM be good enough for those tasks? particularly the Java coding and compiling, 720 10-bit and 1080p content

Full Specs
Intel® Bay Trail-T Quad Core Z3740 1.33 GHz Processor
Windows 8.1
10.1" 16:9 IPS HD (1366x768) with Multi-Touch Screen
Integrated Intel® HD Graphics
32GB eMMC with 500GB HDD

A:Baytrail good enough?

WilhelmPrice said:

Hi I'm planning to get a cost-effective tablet hybrid for schoolwork(documents), schoolwork(coding with Java using BlueJ and Netbeans etc as an IT student), some media like 1080p and/or 720p 10-bit content and Internet

So I picked what seems to be the best deal, Asus T100, I even found the 500GB version here, would its Baytrail Quad Core Z3740 1.33 GHz Processor with 2GB RAM be good enough for those tasks? particularly the Java coding and compiling, 720 10-bit and 1080p content

Full Specs
Intel® Bay Trail-T Quad Core Z3740 1.33 GHz Processor
Windows 8.1
10.1" 16:9 IPS HD (1366x768) with Multi-Touch Screen
Integrated Intel® HD Graphics
32GB eMMC with 500GB HDDClick to expand...

Well unless you count the fact the screen is not 1080p so you can't do anything 1080p (Well you could but you would not see it) then it should be fine. It should compile and run java programs just as well as anything in this day and age so I would not worry about that.

Your biggest drawback would of course be the fact its not going to be to media esque but should be able to play movies and what not. Just won't have much in the range of GPU power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/baytrail-good-enough.201387/
Relevancy 15.48%

I recently bought a new Motherboard for my PC, it is a GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XM-D3H, it has a USB 3.0 plug in. However even though I plugged my USB 3.0 plug into it I still have no use. These are my front USB 3.0s, although the sound and mic work fine in the front. I currently am using a Windows 8 64-bit computer and have all drivers up to date, I am wondering if there is a way to turn it on in the BIOS.

A:USB 3.0 Problems

It seems to me like you are plugging the USB 3.0 device into the front of your case. If they are not working, it means you probably never connected the USB 3.0 header plug from the motherboard into the case plugs.

This is what I am talking about BTW:

Just to clarify though, you are trying to connect your device using the front case USB plugs? Also, if you plug the USB 3.0 device into the motherboard directly (in the back of the case), does the device work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-3-0-problems.201213/
Relevancy 48.59%

Can processor speed be increased without changing or removing any harddware

A:Processors: Can speed be increased?

Depends on your specs and what you mean by increase.

Some processors are unlocked and can be over-clocked by increasing the processor frequency multiplier (which is multiples of the system bus frequency). This only effects the stability of the processor if clocked to high.

Many systems even if the processor is not unlocked, can still be overclocked by increasing the system bus frequency. Changing this frequency effects everything in the system, which can cause system instability with anything.
System builders will lock both system bus and frequency multiplier, by customizing the system BIOS. Limiting the BIOS is the number one reason, I do not like prebuilt systems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processors-can-speed-be-increased.200569/
Relevancy 15.48%

I recently bought GLADIATOR R7 260X Intel i5-4570 3.6GHz Quad Core Next Day Gaming Pc - Aria PC from Aria,it comes with CORSAIR CX series CX430 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com and every so often the monitor goes off which I think may be due to a lack of enough power. Would it be beneficial to change to a Antec TPQ-850 850W Continuous Power ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com that I have spare?

Thanks

A:Possible PSU problems

If you have the PSU as a spare, there is no harm in using it to see if it corrects your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-psu-problems.200393/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a laptop with the Realtek high definition audio and Dolby home theater installed. After the latest win8.1 update the Realtek program has stopped forwarding the sound through the Dolby program (which it managed to do perfectly before the upgrade). I tried using Viper4Windows too but that didn't work eighter. Is there an option anywhere that will allow me to fix this?

A:Realtek and third party program problems

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-and-third-party-program-problems.200237/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello ?
Recently, I need more speed for my computer.
Basically I want upgrade hardware but I am not expert: I need some advice.
I am using my computer for Computer Animation: Mostly Autodesk Maya.

I am in the middle of learning Animation Part and realize if I am going to use MentalRay with Animation,
I have to wait a long time [I believe].

Currently my computer's spec:
i5 2500K.
ASRock P67 EXTREME 4
8GB of RAM
GTX 560TI of 1GB

Which hardware should upgrade ?

A:I want to make more speed for 3D Tool - mainboard

Budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-make-more-speed-for-3d-tool-mainboard.200200/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi all, a friend has a laptop running XP, the system clock resets everytime it's switched off for more than half an hour or so. I have tried three replacement CMOS batteries (and checked the voltage with a multimeter, 3V or thereabouts), no joy. I have cleaned the battery clip contacts & definitely inserted the batteries right way up, any polite suggestions please?

A:Laptop not keeping time, CMOS battery good

Have you check the bios to make sure the time is set correctly in the bios? If not windows will not keep the correct time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-not-keeping-time-cmos-battery-good.200032/
Relevancy 15.05%

After upgrading my MacBook Pro with Maverick, Audio Hijack Pro pretends not finding the source application for recording. Anyone the same problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-hijack-problems.199984/
Relevancy 15.05%

Are you having a problem with your Internet connection or Wi-Fi? Whatever the problem ? from a flaky connection to Wi-Fi troubles or even no access to the Internet at all ? some router troubleshooting could fix things.

Some of this also applies to your modem, although many Internet service providers are handing out combined router-modem units these days. Your wireless router and modem may actually be the same device.

Reboot the Router Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-troubleshoot-wireless-router-problems.199886/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have the router of my isp and to have an extended range of the wifi we bought a new router which has a bigger range of its wifi now my brother is connected to this router and the other router is connected into mine which means it is taking the bandwidth of my router now the problem that im having is that when my brother seems to be uploading a photo or School stuff onto the internet my internet keeps disconnecting and lagging which probably means that his uploading is literately draining all mine up and im left with nothing isnt there a way to fix this or to cap the upload speed/download

A:Internet problems

QoS settings on the main router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-problems.199848/
Relevancy 24.94%

Yes yet another topic seemingly on one that has been asked many times before But this is definitely different The PC Windows enterprise an mdg vxi with dual NICs one is running to science equipment with a static ip - works fine the other connects to the company network well it s supposed to It s not actually on the domain yet because the network path can never be found because of this DNS issue The Issue I can ping any site by it s IP but never by its hostname I cannot load Yet another ping but title hostname" - different "can't any sites though the browser by using the IP the browsers IE lt -- it s our standard browser right now eww Yet another "can't ping hostname" title - but different and firefox although that s not really supposed to be installed cannot load anything According to windows the card is fully connected with internet access We have tried trying different Yet another "can't ping hostname" title - but different NICs as the Yet another "can't ping hostname" title - but different secondary ones removing the secondary and using only the onboard to connect externally giving it a static IP and entering the DNS servers - we ve tried our dns servers as well as googles public ones all cmd commands that I could think of - nbtstat ipconfig flush and reg DNS fixing the host file deleting the TCP IP stack plugged in a laptop just to make sure the port was okay and everything worked I ve pretty much done anything I can think of and anything I ve read online I m sure other things were tried I just can t remember everything I ve done or my team as done as we ve been working on this for over a week on and off I am cisco certified and took network engineering in school I even called in my networking brain trust back home and we couldn t figure this out I m thinking it s something the science company that came in to set up the machine did and I am hoping it doesn t have to be re imaged as they would have to be called back in to setup the machines again Anyone that solves this will be my hero forever nbsp

A:Yet another "can't ping hostname" title - but different

Any luck with this issue?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yet-another-cant-ping-hostname-title-but-different.163897/
Relevancy 47.73%

Is it normal for the fan speed on my Radeon 4800 to be 0 when the card temperature is 71 degrees C?

A:Radeon 4800 Fan Speed is 0 at 71 degrees C

Nope.

Download MSI Afterburner, see if you can manually change the fan speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-4800-fan-speed-is-0-at-71-degrees-c.199553/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hey, today i just got a new 4gb memory stick to add to my computer, currently i have 2 2GB DDR3 1333 RAM sticks.(These were both Kingston Memory Sticks) I then added a 4gb DDR3 1333 Ram stick (Crosshair) to the motherboard and made sure they were firmly placed in and it was all fine, I then turn on the computer and find that the motherboard starts beeping once then two beeps after and the Screen is blank, and my mouse & keyboard aren't responding. My current OS is Windows 7 64 Bit, so i shouldn't have a problem installing new ram to my system...
I'm not sure if this is a problem with 2 different brands of sticks or what.. but the fans are running for my Graphics card (I don't have onboard graphics available)

Specs
AMD 1055t X6
ASUS M5A99XEVO Motherboard
ATI Radeon 5570
Kingston

Any help anyone? Thanks
-Joe

A:Problems with RAM installation

The motherboard does not like that 4GB module. Have you tried the 4GB by itself? If the 4GB module won't run the computer you'll have to stick with 2GB modules. How many memory slots are on the motherboard? ASUS motherboards are notorious for being very picky about memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-ram-installation.179890/
Relevancy 15.05%

OK where to begin Alright I got this new tower that is a decent custom rig I have been having problems with my HDD tb movies music etc and SSD gb OS Games basic running files randomly dropping out The HDD always goes sata Possible problems first I know it happens because I get a pop up from Utorrent saying the file save directory cant be found or there is an error with it I download movies ebooks etc Thats usually the first clue My Asus quick storage will pop up saying a drive has been disconnected then straight away it is found but it is unknown I can see the files in the HDD through my Computer but cant actually Possible sata problems access them I cant resolve this without a restart Now chance of after the restart wether the SSD goes aswell thus my OS A powerdown for a little while usually fixes this Longest wait time mins for a system go Then its all fine and dandy like nothing happened I have checked Possible sata problems connections and cooling psu and Possible sata problems its new so its clean no dust I power down the system most nights out unless I really wanna d l something for the next day It has stock OS with Minecraft Dayz Halflife and Portal installed and I have DLed about tb of previous torrents that I have already dled from trusted supplies with avast installed the expensive one not the free version Apart from that stock Anything else I can tell you to try to help me troubleshoot this please just ask System specs Case Corsair D Full Tower Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H i Liquid Cooler for CPU CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad Core LGA Motherboard Asus Z -Plus ATX Memory RAM Corsair GB Vengeance Pro Mhz Video Card x Nvidia Geforce GTX ti Hard Drive Samsung Series Pro GB Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB rpm CD-drive LG Blu-ray rewriter combo Power Supply Corsair HX Modular Watt Plus Gold Operating System Windows Professional edition bit And not on here a couple of additional fans Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Possible sata problems

Hey Zac. Since it comes back after a power down and brief rest, to me it sounds like a heat buildup problem, maybe even with the CPU. Has the builder checked it out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-sata-problems.199642/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi,
for the past 2-3 weeks I have been experiencing very high ping and lags pikes in every game that I play, my pc is virtually brand new and doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm 100% sure it is my internet connection, however I cannot pin point what is going wrong, I have IOP (internet over power) to my computer and I also have a wireless connection to my computer however I get the pinging problem with both of these. I have reset my modem multiple times, and I am on cable internet. After each reset I might only get 1-2 mins of good gameplay until the spikes start again, it is very frustrating.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:High Ping and lag spikes in every game

Try one or the other, don't use both simultaneously. Powerline ethernet connections can be a beast of their own to troubleshoot dropped packets & lagg. Disabled the wireless, then try the wired connection for a while & see if issue persists. Then do the same, disable wired & try wireless & see if issue persists. IF the issue is still there, then I'd try to connect PC to the modem directly, this may require a really long ethernet cable, but doing so will allow us to test the PCs network card. IF the issue still persists after a direct connection to the modem, then I'd call the service provider and have them replace the modem - it may have a bad LAN port(s) that are causing the issues.

Post back. Hope this helps!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-ping-and-lag-spikes-in-every-game.199179/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a SONY Handycam that uses MP120 8mm Video Cassettes. I used this Handycam to tape home videos. When I use the playback feature on the Handycam it seems as if it is playing back in a slower speed. When I connect the Handycam to my computer and play back, it does the same thing. It is as if the camera was recording at a wrong speed. Is there any way I can control the speed of the video camera via computer, so that I can get the home videos transferred to DVD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8mm-home-video-playback-wrong-speed.199460/
Relevancy 24.51%

QUICK INTRO Hey guys I just joined this site seems like you guys have a wealth of knowledge about all thing computers I know a lot about cars and most electronics but computers are the one thing I m not fluent in I know the basics but now adays like others have said its not all about the ghz speed or how big the numbers are My mother is looking for a good all purpose laptop with price in mind She has a gift card to use at best buy otherwise I would get something from a cheaper less overhead type of place As far as mainstream laptop brands go HP has always been good a this Is computer? good to me I wanted your guys opinion on this if possible TRIED TO KEEP IT SHORT sorry if that s a long post of details I copy pasted and deleted a lot like dementions and built in speakers speakers etc MY QUESTION Let me know if this is a good deal or a good computer from what I know the ddr and GBs look good processors are what I know less about Is this a good computer? if you guys Is this a good computer? can spot me some advice I d highly appreciate it normally I strike out or hit on my own but it for my mother and I just want her to get her monies worth since she doesn t have a lot Thanks for your time THE PRODUCT IN QUESTION HP - d dx Specifications Price new Operating System Windows -bit Processor AMD A - quad-core APU GHz MB Level cache Display -inch x pixels LED backlit BrigtView Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Storage GB hard drive rpm System Memory GB DDR SDRAM Expandable up to GB Optical Drive Multiformat DVD RW CD-RW Inputs amp Controls Touchpad with multitouch gestures Keyboard with -key numpad I O x USB x HDMI output x RJ x VGA x audio-in x audio-out Slots Secure Digital card reader Communication b g n x wireless LAN Base-T Ethernet LAN Camera TrueVision HD webcam with digital microphone Power -cell Li-ion battery Software Box with GB of free storage Amazon Kindle for PC CyberLink PowerDVD Microsoft Office -month trial Security Security lock slot nbsp

A:Is this a good computer?

It is strange seeing faster Wireless than Ethernet and USB ports. I myself have stopped looking at devices that didn't have 10/100/1000 Ethernet and USB 3.0 ports. But thats just me as I would likely use those ports. The rest of the specifications seem fine for the price they are asking.

HP - 15.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Black Licorice

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-computer.199400/
Relevancy 48.59%

So I just installed my 8350 about two days ago and I just found out that it isn't running to its full potential. It's running at 2812 MHz. when it should be running at at least 4k MHz. I tried running my game to see if it will go up and maybe its just idle to save power but that did not work. Then I went into my bios and turned off all my C-State (c1e, c6 are the only two I have). And that did not do the trick and I have ran into a brick wall. Please help me.

A:AMD 8350 Not getting correct speed

I have 3 possible solutions to the issue: 1) The CPU is flawed. 2) You are in a power saving Windows state. 3) Your CPU is running hot, which will throttle its speed to something lower.

In order to check whether your PC is in a power saving mode, go to the start menu and type in "power options". Choose the one listed under "control panel". Once you click it, it should bring up a window that tells you what power state you are in. Choose the "Balanced" plan if it is in power saving mode and see if that helps.

Secondly, download and run RealTemp and tell me what the CPU temperature is at idle and when gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-8350-not-getting-correct-speed.199067/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi, I am going to OC my 4770K. I'm using an MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming and a H100.

I want my computer to last years, at least five years, but I want to OC too

What's a nice safe OC for my hardware that won't kill the lifespan of my stuff?

Thanks

A:What is the max OC that is good for the longevity of my 4770K?

It's not really the clock that kills the CPU, it's the heat and voltages. So just make sure your CPU isn't running too hot (>80C) and stick to sensible voltages.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-max-oc-that-is-good-for-the-longevity-of-my-4770k.199025/