Windows Support Forum

Actual download speed problems but good ping and speed test

Q: Actual download speed problems but good ping and speed test

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model ping problems and good Actual download but speed test speed Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Actual download speed problems but good ping and speed test D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Iris Antivirus Sunbelt VIPRE Updated and Enabled I m having a problem with my download speeds I don t have an ultra high connection just mb s My speed tests confirm that is exactly what I m getting but when I actually download something it goes to kb s and will go no higher I ve contacted my ISP and they say it s my computer The speed test is showing what it should but I just can t get past I ve ran several malware spyware and virus tests and they all come out clean I m at the end of my rope Don t have a clue what to do next to get my speed up This is what shows on IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users David gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name David-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - E- - - E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B E-F C - - F F- F ECB br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users David gt nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Actual download speed problems but good ping and speed test

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 86.49%

11934 kbps download
1567 kbps upload

How do I figure out the Mbps?

A:Are these good download/upload speed test results?

Mbps is Kbps divide by 1000. If you want to convert Mbps to Kbps, then multiply by 1000.

So:
11.934 Mbps download
1.567 Mbps upload

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-these-good-download-upload-speed-test-results.656511/
Relevancy 83.39%

I recently upgraded my internet service and found that speed test results from speedtest.net and speakeasy.com were giving me download results that were ~ half of what I was supposed to be getting ( 9Mbs vs 16Mbs). I called the ISP and they suggested I restart in safe mode w/ networking and run the tests again. I did and the results of the test were surprising. I was getting the 16Mbs download speed that I signed up for. The tech suggested that I may be infected with something. I run several free programs (Mbam, avg, avast, ect.) to try to aviod these things, but it seems as though something may have gotten through. Any help that you guys may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Btw, no error messages and I am running Windows XP. Thanks in advance.

A:Pc speed test download speed significantly faster in safe mode

I take it MBam is updayted and run..Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.Next run ATF and SAS: If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".From your regular user account..Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..DO NOT run yet.Open SUPER from icon and install and Update itUnder Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.NOW Scan with SUPEROpen from the desktop icon or the program Files listOn the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303206/pc-speed-test-download-speed-significantly-faster-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 81.84%

guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour.

1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my laptop, so i started using internet on my pc , this this stopped and i got high speed.. but now after some days it has started again

A:Speed test gives vey good speed but down speed is just 2-3 kb

Quote: Originally Posted by Hassnain

guys please help me , it happens when ever i want. i speed test from speedtest.net and i get speed 0.89 mbps ( which is good for me) but if i download something , down speed is 2 kb. if i play a video it buffes so slowly that it takes ahour.

1 thing more, this happened few days ago on my laptop, so i started using internet on my pc , this this stopped and i got high speed.. but now after some days it has started again

When comparing speeds, remember to divide your speedtest result by 8. 0.89 mbps is around 101KBps.

Download speeds depend on many factors, inclduing the modem/router, traffic through your ISP at the time, and the type of download, just to name a couple.

What type of download is it? Are they torrents? These can often be slow.

Are downloads slow from everywhere?

You mentioned video buffering; Do you have downloads going at the same time that you are trying to view a video? Are there other people sharing your connection (eg other family members)?

You didn't say if you had tried rebooting the router/modem, or if you had been in contact with your ISP. These would be among the first things to try.

As you haven't stated what you have tried, I'm going to assume none of the following have been tried. Apologies if you have tried/tested the following.

If you plug a phone into the same wall socket at your modem do hear any noise/static or is is sound quality very poor or low volume? These might indicate physical line problems, which your Telco would need to address.

It's also possible the equipment at your local exchange is in need of a reboot. This is often referred to as a "Port reset". Your ISP can do this for you.

Other things you can try is replacing the phone and ethernet cable (if you are connected by cable), or replacing the line filter if you have one. If you have multiple devices on your phone line remove everything except your modem/router.

If you have a DSL connection you know that the speeds will vary dramatically from one hour to the next. But 2KBps is poor in any situation.

Have you tried doing ping and tracert to various sites? You ISP may want this information to place a fault report with your telco.

copy and paste results into an email to your ISP

ping www.google.com -t (Stop it after a minute or so).
ping www.yahoo.com -t (Stop it after a minute or so).

tracert www.google.com

See how you go with the above. Get back to us if you get no joy from your ISP/Telco.

hth
Tanya

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/253197-speed-test-gives-vey-good-speed-but-down-speed-just-2-3-kb.html
Relevancy 81.53%

Hello, i am new here to seven forums, not sure if this is the right thread i should be asking in, but never know till i try. Anyhow, I am playing a game called Aion, and my Ping in that game is around 70~100Ms.

When i did a speed test to where the server was roughly located it said my ping was 14Ms - http://speedtest.net/result/1871105926.png

I use Verizon fios, 25/25 speed plan, a MI424WR Router, that was provided, and a wired connection.

*Also i do not have any FPS Lag, i am getting 50-60 frames.
*And i have leatrix latency fix installed, version 3.00

Could anyone please shed some light on my issue here? Would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

A:Ping mismatch between speed tests and actual in-game.

Hi Condiments and welcome to W7 Forums

Lots of factors come into play when it comes to Ping times. Firstly, remember that the value that you get at any particular time is what it is AT THAT TIME, i.e. Ping is a dynamic variable. Secondly, it depends on the load at both the destination server and any intermediate servers in the path between you and it - in other words, the more players connected the greater the load. Thirdly, your time of day and how many others are sharing your line (the contention ratio). Unfortunately, most of these are beyond your control (except, perhaps, the time of day that you choose to play). You could try logging out of the game and logging back in again, to see if by doing that you get any improvement (possible, if a different route between you and the game server is established).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/222593-ping-mismatch-between-speed-tests-actual-game.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Hi, am new to pc workings but can anyone tell me, if I have a download speed of 4.5Mbs(speedtest.net) when downloading a programme or any file from internet, the actual speed shows as under 500Kbs, is this about right? Have read ultimate router guide, but got lost at port forwarding. Thanks.

A:actual download speed,

Quote: Originally Posted by newbytinkerer

Hi, am new to pc workings but can anyone tell me, if I have a download speed of 4.5Mbs(speedtest.net) when downloading a programme or any file from internet, the actual speed shows as under 500Kbs, is this about right? Have read ultimate router guide, but got lost at port forwarding. Thanks.

Hi Newbytinkerer, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Assuming you made a typo and you mean 500 KBs instead of 500 Kbs (highlighted in the quote above), that's about the speed you can get.

It's simple conversion: 4.5 Mbps (Megabits per second) = 550 KBps (Kilobytes per second), the key here being the difference between a capital B (byte) and small b (bit).

Regarding download / line speeds, each Mbps gives you roughly 122 KBps (1 Mbps = 122 KBps). One byte is 8 bits so dividing the Mbps with 8 you get the same speed told in KBps.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/330211-actual-download-speed.html
Relevancy 108.36%

I just switched over to my linksys router last night for my wireless because the small usb adapter I had sucked. my download speed went from 2-3 up to 58, HOWEVER, my upload speed usually won't even connect on the speed test from speedtest.org????

I can pull up maybe 1-2 website I frequently visit immediately, but 99% of other sites won't even load, or I get the text based webpage....what could the problem be?? My friends laptop works fine, my phone works fine, signal strength is good....??? Also i disabled antivirus and phising/popup blockers. etc

A:Download speed is good, BUT, upload speed is 0...?

lots of visits i see, can someone please help me out here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-is-good-but-upload-speed-is-0.1109312/
Relevancy 107.93%

so i ran a speed test with several different website and they all said my download speed is between 5 Mbps and 8 Mbps :

however when i actually download something my download speed stay at 1 Mbps or when i watch videos ( youtube )
i dnt have this problem with my phone !

thank u

A:download speed different from speed test

help help help why ??

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/37842-download-speed-different-speed-test.html
Relevancy 107.93%

Verizon says that their test show that they are downloading to me at a speed of gt MB whereas their speed checker on my PC says I am receiving at the rate of only - MB They say that there is nothing wrong with their telephone lines and that my PC must have a large file or something that is taking up too much of my memory and that I will have to delete this file or shutdown the program to get the full speed I get this slower speed even when IE- is the Download Actual <Verizon Says DSL Speed only major program I have running with anti-virus turned off Their comment about too little memory seems plausible because my machine takes a long time - minutes to return to normal after my PC-cillin anti-virus software updates Does this sound reasonable If so how Actual DSL Download Speed <Verizon Says can I solve this problem If not is there another place I can find and correct this problem so that I can get the higher speed I have an year old IBM PC with MB memory and an Athlon processor and Windows SE I m not an expert and therefore will appreciate a little hand holding Thanks very much John nbsp

Relevancy 107.07%

Hi guys I have recently days ago changed ISPs and have been getting good speeds as opposed to what I was getting with my old ISP I have Netmeter on my PC which tracks bandwidth usage and also shows in real time the speed of downloads However when downloading something such as a torrent I am getting about mbps reported from the torrent programme but mbps reported by netmeter I am not using the internet for anything else apart from downloading the torrent I am wondering why there is a mbps difference between the actual download speed and what netmeter is telling me I am getting Could that extra mbps be being used elsewhere I m not sure what it could be steam actual download speed reported between and Discrepancy is closed itunes is closed web browser is closed no other things are being downloaded I would expect that if netmeter says - kbps that my torrent programme Discrepancy between actual and reported download speed would also be reporting the same number but it is staying at kbps Any ideas or is netmeter just over estimating the D L speed nbsp

A:Discrepancy between actual and reported download speed

Just a quick input:
Doesn't torrent programs also upload data? Perhaps that is where your missing 1mbps is going.

Edit:
I'm not familiar with Netmeter, but I know that some (cheap) programs actually treats the upload and download as the same thing, and instead calls this "Network speed" or "Network flow".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/discrepancy-between-actual-and-reported-download-speed.166404/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 100.19%

Hi, my internet speed and ping is fine, but as soon as i go on online games, my ping shoots up and the game lags.. my ping goes to be in the range of 300-400, anyone have any advice which could help me?

Thanks

Relevancy 98.47%

Hi everyone and thanks for taking a look at my problem.

About a week ago, my internet has become extremely slow. The speed tests show good results but nothing will load! It took forever just to get here. It is only slow on the internet, and I did virus scans, ad-aware scans, and spyware scans. Nothing came up except some tracking cookies.

I've noticed that when it is slow the link light on my modem is solid, it is usually flashing. I also have a router but I've had it for a while and I haven't changed anything so I don't think that is the problem.

If someone could please help me out that would be great.

Thanks.

A:Internet speed test is good, yet it is horribly slow.

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. Post the results link from the top of the test display page here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-test-is-good-yet-it-is-horribly-slow.684702/
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi ive been havign a problem with my internet for the past few weeks i have - effected download speed ping un High had High ping - download speed un effected an extremly high ping making it imposible to play video games on my xbox and making it imposible to use websites like youtube however my download speed remains uneffected my ping can range from all the way up to i was wondering if something within my network could be casueing the high ping my modem is connected to a linksys router which connects to sevral computers downstairs also it is connceted to a long ethernet cable to my bedroom where a ethernet hub splits to two cables one for my xbox and one for my pc would this cause a proplem with ping i will submit some more speed tests later to show the higher ping it fluctuates all day its not time depentant which makes me think its not the isp s fault nothing to do with everone usign the internet at the same time nbsp

Relevancy 97.61%

hi guys

i got a big problem , which is my games ping like call of duty , battlefield

is always 300-400, yet my download speed is so good 3-4MB/s

this is a picture of my network places

can any one help me , how isolate my computer from other computers on my network

or any idea to improve my ping

thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:my games Ping is 300-400,yet my download speed 4MB/S, pix inside >help

Firstly, are you noticing lag in-game?

Secondly, do you have your own router? If so, do you have it secured at all? If you can tell us the make&model, we can probably help you with securing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/176170-my-games-ping-300-400-yet-my-download-speed-4mb-s-pix-inside-help.html
Relevancy 97.61%

I am currently using roadrunner broadband with supposed download speeds up to 15Mbs and I have tested this at Speedtest.com and confirmed this. But when I download programs; torrent, download accellerator, what have you..the fastest I am able to get up to is usually 1.5 Mbs download. I have 3 Gigs of memory, run a 2.1 Ghz triple core phenom I AMD. Is there any way to speed this up so I can get my $$ worth or should I scale back to the lowest internet plan option up to 1.5Mbs?

A:Internet Ping speeds different than download speed, what gives?

Quote: Originally Posted by MrUbiquitous

I am currently using roadrunner broadband with supposed download speeds up to 15Mbs and I have tested this at Speedtest.com and confirmed this. But when I download programs; torrent, download accellerator, what have you..the fastest I am able to get up to is usually 1.5 Mbs download. I have 3 Gigs of memory, run a 2.1 Ghz triple core phenom I AMD. Is there any way to speed this up so I can get my $$ worth or should I scale back to the lowest internet plan option up to 1.5Mbs?

The rated 15mbs is the max the wire is capped at. What you get from other sites (like torrents) is determined by the number of people seeding the torrent and their max speed. You will probably never get anywhere near that speed from a torrent, even with download accel, etc. Thats just the way it is.

There is an alternate source of similar material to torrents called usenet. One usenet I have gotten as much as 100Mbs download speeds. google it
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/104753-internet-ping-speeds-different-than-download-speed-what-gives.html
Relevancy 97.61%

I live in egypt and LinkDSL is my ISP i have a mbps connection and i Speed low ping. Browsing, but Fast Download mainly use it for gaming such as World Of Warcraft Call Of Duty Black Ops Battlefield BC and my ping ms is normally around - but yesterday during a game and all of a sudden it said quot Connection Interrupted quot then the game resumed with ping Fast Browsing, Download Speed but low ping. and since then my ping in all games increased to at least I called my ISP but they said as long as the download speed and browsing speed is normal they cannot identify the problem i have been having it for days now wasting my warcraft subscription however not sure if this will help but here is a tracert from the server i play on lt ms lt ms lt ms Request timed out ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms host- tedata net ms ms ms ms ms ms ae- - ebr Paris Level net ms ms ms ae- - edge Paris Level net ms ms ms telia-level -ge paris Level net ms ms ms prs-bb -link telia net ms ms ms adm-bb -link telia net ms ms ms adm-b -link telia net Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out nbsp

Relevancy 96.75%

Since yesterday, I've been dealing with a suddenly reduced internet download speed, it's extremely frustrating. I have tried changing cables, restarting router by unplugging power and plugging it again after 10 minutes, a soft and a hard reboot directly from my linksys router (192.168.1.1). I have tried flushing DNS. It seems to be shifting back and forth. I am running "ping -t www.google.com" in the background and it clearly fluctuates, high ping, low ping.

As for internet speed, on steam it shows it's %20 of what I am supposed to get. Very seldom has it reached what it's supposed to be. This started yesterday when I was downloading a Samsung Software Update and noticing it takes a while to download just 1 MB let alone 1 GB.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/396234-suddenly-low-unstable-internet-download-speed-ping.html
Relevancy 96.75%

It started about two days ago, I was using this connection for ages now. The download speed seems fine at the moment but my ping goes through the roof.
I tried restarting the router, I have no process running in the background stealing speed or any of that stuff.

A:Relatively fine download speed, extremely high ping

Maybe you should move closer to your router, or it could be your firewall slowing down your ping. You could also use a wired connection (like a Ethernet cable) if you haven't already. Also, did you do anything to affect your connection those two days ago? Or did it happen out of nowhere? Make sure to scan for malware or other malicious software on your computer that could be messing with it. Most people here ask for ipconfig/all, it usually reveals the problems of your connection issues. So make sure to put that in your thread soon. You can also put your PC statistics as well for us to see if anything would be incompatible with your computer and router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/relatively-fine-download-speed-extremely-high-ping.1094097/
Relevancy 96.75%

For once I am posting a solution instead of a problem I had complained to my ISP about a hesitation and speed issue They agreed to upgrade my service from to Mbps However when the guy was here to check the system he got that increased speed on my old Win laptop but could not get it as high with my new Win much faster desktop PC Ping time ranged from to and I was getting about for download and for upload My laptop was doing about for Download 8.1 Time Very Win Ping Reduced Speed and Slow ping for download and up This is using the Speedtest by Win 8.1 Very Slow Ping Time and Reduced Download Speed Ookla He was unable to solve the problem but said he didn't like Windows and Windows was much better Haven't we all heard that before In any case I did some Google searching and found similar advice - blame it on Win I then stumbled onto a very accurate response that nailed the problem for me I thought I would pass it on for those who may be having similar issues or just want to tweak their system to best internet performance Win 8.1 Very Slow Ping Time and Reduced Download Speed Go to Control Panel Device Manager Network Adaptors and open your adapter Under the Advanced tab select Speed amp Duplex I found mine set to Auto Negotiation It appears that this Auto Negotiation can slow your ping and even download time as it seems to take some time to get the negotiation done I manually set my speed at first to Mbps Half Duplex which is what the poster said worked for him but for me that didn't work at all I then tried Mbps Full Duplex and Bingo Ping time improved to ms download was and upload I am presuming that when you go the manual setting route you have to match the communication protocol of the network adaptor And when you manually set it it speeds things up Speedtest net by Ookla - My Results Hope that is of some help to others

A:Win 8.1 Very Slow Ping Time and Reduced Download Speed

OK, now I am posting a problem. I have discovered that when I shutdown the computer and do a cold reboot, I loose the benefit of making the Speed & Duplex change from "Auto Negotiate" to "Full Duplex 100 Mbps". Ping times go bad again, and upload speed is reduced. When I go in and manually change it back to Auto and then back again to Full Duplex, my fast times are restored!!!

Any thoughts on what is going on?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/59159-win-8-1-very-slow-ping-time-reduced-download-speed.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Guys,

Whats the best tool, or software to use to test upload and download network speed?

Something that will tell me the KB or the MB upload/downloads from a server to a client locally.

Thanks

A:Solved: How to test LAN Upload And Download Speed - Small Business

UPDATE :

Nevermind, solved - Used Robocopy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-test-lan-upload-and-download-speed-small-business.780291/
Relevancy 94.6%

I live in Arkansas. I have a crappy ISP named Cablesouth Media 3. My download speed is supposed to be 10 mbps, upload is supposed to be 1 mbps. My ping used to be 30 to 40 ms all through the day and I could game to my heart's content on my high end rig. Now during the afternoon. My ping jumps to 200 to 300 ms and my download speed can flux from 9 to .5 mbps, my upload going from 1 to .3 mbps. Here is the trace route I ran this afternoon.

Tracing route to google.com [216.58.218.206]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 7 ms 9 ms 12 ms 10.7.28.1
3 9 ms 8 ms 11 ms 12.139.48.1
4 336 ms 315 ms 270 ms 12.127.116.193
5 294 ms 259 ms 274 ms 12.122.157.118
6 363 ms 357 ms 352 ms cr2.dlstx.ip.att.net [12.122.157.97]
7 325 ms 333 ms 350 ms ggr1.dlstx.ip.att.net [12.122.138.189]
8 306 ms 334 ms 307 ms 12.249.214.22
9 293 ms 335 ms 290 ms 72.14.233.67
10 267 ms 276 ms 246 ms 209.85.246.213
11 328 ms 336 ms 307 ms dfw06s47-in-f206.1e100.net [216.58.218.206]

Trace complete.

Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ping-low-download-speed-high-in-morning-both-turn-to-crap-in-afternoon.1154991/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi all,
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but it's the closest I could find.
I have Qwest Broadband DSL at 5mb, which is the fastest speed offered in my area.
I ran some speed tests online, and most results are at about 1800kbps download and 600kbps upload.
Is that normal? I don't even know what 5mbps is in terms of kbps.
Also, the ping seems pretty high at around 100.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Specs
Actiontec 54mbps wireless DSL Gateway
Model GT704WG

HP Desktop running XP Pro (connected to gateway via ethernet)
IBM/Lenovo Laptop running XP Home (connected to home wireless network)

ISP
Qwest
MSN/Windows Live or whatever

Relevancy 93.74%

DDS logs DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Aldrin Domingo at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EA - D C- DFB- - E E F F SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated C BB - B - - A - B A B B Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files speed - Slow test net Infected ok speed, in but NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows vmsnap exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Infected - Slow net speed, but ok in speed test Garena Plus ggdllhost exe C Program Files x Infected - Slow net speed, but ok in speed test Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Photodex ProShow Gold ScsiAccess exe C Users Aldrin Domingo AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe C Users Aldrin Domingo AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies Kies exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files x Garena Plus GarenaMessenger exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI PSIA exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI psi tray exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Software Print PDF PrnPack exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies KiesTrayAgent exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI sua exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C CherryDeGames Dragon Nest DragonNest exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www goog... Read more

A:Infected - Slow net speed, but ok in speed test

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop For 32bit system or For 64bit system Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+=======Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529174/infected-slow-net-speed-but-ok-in-speed-test/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello english isn dl problems speed/ping win 7 t my main language win 7 dl speed/ping problems so please forgive me for the grammar mistakes Recently I noticed my download speed and ping are very unstable - for example dl drops from Mbit s down to Kbit s There are no problems with upload speed and no packets losses I have been trying to fix this issue with Bitdefender both anitivirus amp online scanner Tdsskiller Microsoft Safety Scanner Avira antivirus Malwarebytes anti-malware COMODO firewall and finally I reinstalled entire system It didnt help TSG INFO Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA-MA T-UD Antivirus None I was using Avira antivirus before problems started HiJackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v FIREFOX pl Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D kopia d soft ttcmd totalcmd TOTALCMD EXE D kopia d soft sieciowe hijack HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google pl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run AMD AVT Cmd exe c start quot AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding device initialization quot min quot C Program Files x AMD AVT bin kdbsync exe quot aml O - HKLM RunOnce Malwarebytes Anti-Malware C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe install silent O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip EBB - - -BD - AE D NameServer O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip EDFB -BF B- DB- C- C E C NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip EBB - - -BD - AE D NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip EBB - - -BD - AE D NameServer O - Protocol skype com - FFC B - B - DFF- - C DD F D - C PROGRA COMMON Skype SKYPE DLL O - AppInit DLLs C Windows SysWOW guard dll O - Service SystemRoot system Alg exe - ALG - Unknown owner - C Windows System alg exe file missing O - Service AMD External Events Utility - Unknown owner - C Windows system atiesrxx exe file missing O - Service AMD FUEL Service - Advanced Micro Devices Inc - C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe O - Service BitComet Disk Boost Service BITCOMET HELPER SERVICE - www BitComet com - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometService exe O - Service COMODO Internet Security Helper Service cmdAgent - COMODO - C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe O - Service SystemRoot system efssvc dll - EFS - Unknown owner - C Windows System lsass exe file missing O - Service systemroot system fxsresm dll - Fax - Unknown owner - C Windows system fxssvc exe file missing O - Service keyiso dll - KeyIso - Unknown owner - C Windows system lsass exe file missing O - Service Mozilla Maintenance Service MozillaMaintenance - Mozilla Foundation - C Program Files x Mozilla Maintenance Service mainte... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-dl-speed-ping-problems.1100260/
Relevancy 92.88%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 92.88%

I am using mozilla firefox 2.0.0.9 and have wndows xp pro as OS.For last two days my net surfing experience is going very strange.My page loading speed is good but the download speed is very slow.When ever i download a file it downloads very slowly.The download speed has decrease about 4 times .I have my internet through siemens adsl sl2.141 modem and I login to my account through ppoe WAN password account.Can anybody help please?

A:Browsing/page Loading Speed Is Good But Downloading Speed Is Too Slow

Have you monitored your system with Windows Task Manager while downloading? If you determine Firefox is causing the problem, try safe mode and/or a new profile. Sometimes settings and/or extensions got corrupted leading to strange behavior. Standard diagnostic - Firefox

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116144/browsingpage-loading-speed-is-good-but-downloading-speed-is-too-slow/
Relevancy 90.73%

Okay, my internet package stands at 3MB

The DSL on my router page reads 3MB

But when I speed test it, it comes to about 500KB

I am the only one using this internet, all programs are closed, used 5 different speed testing sites.

Help please

Thanks.

A:DSL Speed Very Different from Actual Speed

Quote: Originally Posted by Vales

Okay, my internet package stands at 3MB

The DSL on my router page reads 3MB

But when I speed test it, it comes to about 500KB

I am the only one using this internet, all programs are closed, used 5 different speed testing sites.

Help please

Thanks.

Can you tell us your system specs and network setup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/175838-dsl-speed-very-different-actual-speed.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I moved into a city that has 1gbps fiber and I got it. I set my computer up to run Ubuntu or Windows 7 in the Ubuntu OS I have full speed, like 980mbps but in Windows I can only get around 370mbps, they informed me that it was a know issue which is why they carry around laptops with Ubuntu instead of windows to troubleshoot there system. Anyone have any clue on this, I cant even imagine where to start looking for the setting or fix. Thanks

A:Limited fiber download speed in windows 7 full speed in linux

1gbps is fantastic. I suspect the Windows problem is a driver problem. Did you check the Windows 10TP. Maybe they fixed it. But then, the really big chunks you can always download with Ubuntu. I envy you, LOL.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363131-limited-fiber-download-speed-windows-7-full-speed-linux.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi guys,

I am new comer here in this forum, i was hoping someone could help me.

So here is the problem, i cant remember what i did, but my internet speed has gone down for some reason...i cant even read a manga properly, but when i run a speed test my DL speed is about 2.95MBps. I was wondering how can i know if i am infected or something? Please help

Thank you very much!

A:Net speed decreased, but ok in speed test

Lets see what these say.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here....ADW CleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.-- Note: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on each one and uncheck any items you want to keep (except you cannot uncheck Chrome and Firefox preferences lines).. Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.....Last run ESET.Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient a... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528972/net-speed-decreased-but-ok-in-speed-test/
Relevancy 90.3%

I ran a speed test and I got a happy 20Mbps download and a not so happy 2Mbps upload. Why such a difference? I tried loading a video onto Facebook and I ended up cancelling because it took so long. Any way to better the performance?

A:speed test/upload speed

that's normally what isp's offer here the upload is approx 1/16th of the d/l speed unless you open a business account and you need a registered business to open one

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/speed-test-upload-speed-456868.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I use Windows Vista SP2.I use the latest Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security(updated) and Malwarebytes (updated) and latest version of K9 web protection.I use IE9,Firefox 3.6.16 and Chrome 11.0 beta.I have a download speed of max 190-210 kBps and upload speed of 31-40 kBps.It has been working normally with fast surfing and downloading.Yesterday I saw a weird thing,I usually download through torrents.I saw my downloads are happening,but no sites are opening.Even Google was once or twice opening very slowly.So please tell me what is happening?

A:Extremely slow browsing speed but fast download speed????

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-browsing-speed-but-fast-download-speed.989278/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi, my problem is that i have low download speed and fast upload speed. My brother have 17 download speed and 16 upload speed on wifi (he have also notebook) and i have download speed 2,5 and upload speed 16. We were trying speedtest.net at the same time. http://www.speedtest.net/result/4038336205.png

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:lenovo U510 low download speed fast upload speed

hi Delian

Thanks for Posting!

try checking these

Change Encryption Support
Right-Click on the Wi-fi signal icon on the lower right corner of the screen, Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
Cick on your Wireless network on the main page.

3. Click on Wireless Properties.4. Click on Security Tab.5. If applicable, change the Encryption type to TKIP and test.

Then check the Speed again.

Let me know your findings
Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-U510-low-download-speed-fast-upload-speed/td-p/1846555
Relevancy 90.3%

First off my specs Adapter Realek RTL EE bgn Wifi Adapter Router Linksys Cisco WRT N Known to have connection issues in the past but I explain why this probably isn t a factor Not sure what else is needed SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled So I ll boot up my laptop and everything will work fine My download speeds will be somewhere near - mb s and uploads are around - mb s I ll also ping test my computer with no packet loss a ping around and jitter around - It all looks great and dandy Pics below Except after about to minutes my download speeds will dropoff to about - kb s and my ping test goes through the roof to about - with jitter near Not good at all Now I have the suspicion this is being caused by my internal wifi adapter the Realtek because when I use another external usb adapter TP Link TL-WN N my speeds never fluctuate and speed change. doesn't Upload drop Download off, speed I Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. have no problem ever Is Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. there anyway to narrow down what this could possibly be caused by Plus I should mention I ve uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. for my internal adapter so many times its not even fun anymore After I install the speed will jump to the - mb s range but again will drop after - minutes I couldn t find the screen shot of my outrageous ping beside the horrible download speed but I ll keep looking EDIT I ll use Xirrus Wifi Inspector to see relative signal strength and according to it it never changes Gah nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-drop-off-upload-speed-doesnt-change.1102762/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 89.87%

EDIT Moved to Am I Infected boopmeHello hope that somebody can help me because I have a problem that make me crazy I pay for mega download speed max in my country and normally it s working with Ethernet and wifi at - mega real download speedthen days a go I have make speed-tests and with Ethernet is working in my Toshiba Satellite and the Mac-book Pro like ever at mega but in wifi with the Toshiba Satellite at mega and with the mac-book only at mega download speed have change channel from to and not are changing nothingalso I have downloaded MetaGeek inSSIDer so that I can see in real time what channels are occupied in my zone and if there is with speed speed ethernet good bad wifi a confusion overlap so I chose channel and was the only user but nothing was changing so I have ask Telecom for a modem router change because the last time with this problem I have resolve ok I install new modem-router and now the mac book goes in ethernet and wifi at - mega download speed but my Toshiba satellite goes in ethernet at and in wifi at mega download speed so I have resolved in part but not for the satelliteso I have make complete clean work on disks scan antivirus and it s clean ore maybe not I have download a program called Spyding that have find quot Trojan Win Agent bhk quot Path quot C windows System nhelper exe quot but in some forum I have see that nhelper exe is ok and when I test it with my antivirus he say that nhelper exe is clean When I has click to remouve the trojan in Spyding they aske for payment so I think maybe it bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed is a false allarm after I have download and install new drivers and firmware for my wireless card and have also change settings but no way for have more than mega download speed with wifi but with ethernet it is working normal at - mega - can some body help me please before I put my laptop out of the balcony - bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

A:bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452964/bad-wifi-speed-with-good-ethernet-speed/
Relevancy 89.44%

All of a sudden while browsing, I get insanely slow loading times, with multiple timeouts. I go on speedtest and this is my speed. I get random latency spikes during video games. I could barely upload the picture of my speedtest results, and I'll be surprised if this thread even makes it. What is happening? How can I fix it? Thanks

I've tried disabling all startup programs and rebooted, nothing
Restarted router, nothing

I have a Belkin Enhanced Wireless Router F6D4230-4 V1

A:Download Speed Fine, Upload Speed Non-existent?

Reboot and check your speed again.

How can you have a Custom Build and not know what motherboard you have.

Use this little free program to find out what your system is.

Speccy

https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357646-download-speed-fine-upload-speed-non-existent.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I regularly upload videos online and since the last few days they ve been timing out or stalling Blip tv is telling me a MB file is going Speed, Horrible Speed Great Upload Download to take hours to upload Yeah right Other sites like that are about the same or just time out and give me errors - such as Youtube I recently got that quot We re Sorry quot page on Google so I m thinking something is up and there may be something on my computer sending crap out Here s Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed my speedtest net results I ve scanned the computer with ad-aware spybot search and destroy panda anti-virus avg malware bytes super anti spyware - the works and I m not getting anything Everything says the computer is clean This just doesn t seem right to me however If it s any help - I used a different computer with the same modem and was able to upload fine HJT Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed Log Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Windows system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 89.44%

Hi everyone,
At first I noticed a slow down with my ISP (Verizon FIOS) from 15mb/s to 6-7mb/s, but the upload speed is unaffected. So, I called my ISP they told me could be an issue with the Windows that I am using.
Then I called MS regarding the network issue, however they told me that my license has expired is not under warranty for technical support. Here I am asking for some help.

Some of the thing that the ISP done was conducting some test:
Buffer size:261360 bytes
Receive size: 66608 bytes
Their ISP network technician told me that the Receive size was too low and causing problem to the download speed, but the upload speed is still good.

So, anyone who have any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

A:Download speed is limited, but upload speed is fine

are you using a router?
if yes, try bypassing the routing by plugging directly into the modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160316-download-speed-limited-but-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Recently my desktop has experienced very slow download speeds (~0.11 Mbps), however the upload speed appears to be in line (~2.0Mbps). These numbers are taken from Comcast's speed test (my ISP). It is obviously a problem with my PC because everything else on the network (PS3, Laptop) have great signals with no problems. I just recently reverted the Desktop back to its factory state, and everything was working fine for a couple of months.

The desktop in question uses Vista 32-bit and the Belkin Basic USB Wireless Adapter.

A:Very slow download speed, upload speed is fine

Welcome to TSG:
Run a speedtest here and see if the results are the same:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Then,boot up in safe mode with networking and see if the speed improves.Like so:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#03

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-is-fine.974049/
Relevancy 89.44%

hallo
i have a problem last 1 week.my downloas speed well..but browseing speed slow.i playing online games.watch movie. its soo low its too pain full.i cant under stand why?..i am from srilanka.internet line ADSL.. prolink router..512KB/s line..plz help me.

A:fast download speed but browseing speed slow.

Hi, welcome to this forum!

Please visit this site to measure the real speed of the connection. When done please post the results here.
Internet providers (who gives you the internet) usually make an offer of x speed internet but they only guarantee you to get much less. So the speed might change up and down sometimes. If the internet is still very slow please read the details of your agreement with the internet provider. But first give us the speed results from that site

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190808-fast-download-speed-but-browseing-speed-slow.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Greetings all hope you are doing fine Situation - I have a Mb DSL connection - Speed while downloading a file using Internet Download Manager is between - KB sec - Browsing streaming speed is between - KB sec - Speed while downloading a file using any browser is between - KB sec - Downloaded the TCP Optimizer and applied the Optimal settings Did not solve the issue - Followed the instruction here gt gt http www speedguide net articles w -tweaks- Did not solve the issue - TCP Analyzer is saying that my MTU is but in my router and in my NIC it is - Speed Test in Safe Mode can sometimes yield better results - Tried disabling all start-up items Did not solve the issue My setup OS Windows x NIC Atheros AR AR AR Router SMC WBRA Connection Type Ethernet ----------------------------------------------- Speed Test Results SpeedGuide net TCP Analyzer Results Tested on IP address xx xx proxy Client OS browser Windows Chrome TCP options string c MSS MTU TCP Window NOT multiple of download speed Fast browsing/streaming low speed, MSS RWIN Scaling bits Unscaled RWIN Recommended RWINs BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s MTU Discovery ON TTL Timestamps OFF SACKs ON IP ToS ------------------------------------------------ Thanks nbsp

A:Fast download speed, low browsing/streaming speed

Set the MTU in the router itself to 1492

Analyzer is saying that my MTU is 1460, but in my router and in my NIC it is 1500Click to expand...

the normal value for DSL is 1492, and 1460 is INVALID = = must be a multiple of 8.

Manually set {1472 or 1464} in the router.

The article cited has good info but I would opt for all the defaults.

restore:

netsh int tcp set heuristics enabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

see this article to set SackOpts=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fast-download-speed-low-browsing-streaming-speed.192638/
Relevancy 89.44%

My wife has a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows Professional Bit GB Memory with Intel GHz Our ISP provider installed a new Router about four months ago and tested up and down speeds before they left Downloads were in the high s Mbps and uploads in the s Mbps I began to notice a couple of weeks ago that Internet access with either IE or Chrome seemed kind of Download speed, Slow speed fine Upload slow I ran speedof me and the best download speed is Mbps but usually around Mbps but the upload speeds are Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine still around Mbps I have an iPhone a Kindle Fire and a Toshiba laptop and have run speedof me on them right next to the Dell laptop and the speeds on all three are fine We use Norton Security and I ran the Power Eraser with nothing found Ran Malware Bytes and nothing of concern showed up Updated the wifi card driver from Dell as well as the driver for the Marvell Yukon Internet controller No Joy I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for me to try to speed her laptop I thank you in advance Lou

A:Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine

If you can run our wireless test from the page PCHF System Scans post results be sure to right click and run as administrator

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/130096-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Ever find your actual write speed is far less than the selected write speed?
For example I have a LG CD-RW 40x12x40
and use Memorex CD-R 700MB 48x multi speed disks.
I set it to burn regular music CD at 40x and it only writes at 16x
It seems drivers are far and in between and I have the latest so that rules that out...
Hardware getting run down and old maybe? It doesn't get used very often. Maybe easy CD creater is the weak link...
Any suggestions? comments?

A:Selected write speed vs. actual write speed

Does it write data at 40x?

It may be that your writing software is saving you from badly written audio CDs and automatically reduces write speed.

Most CD-RW drives fail to produce error free audio CDs when writing at full speeds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/selected-write-speed-vs-actual-write-speed.9579/
Relevancy 87.72%

hi! i just wanna ask between the difference of the download speed and the internet speed. because i have a 1.5mb connection i tried at speedtest and when i download i always get a 190-200kbps rate. so its not actually 1.5mb in my download speed even my internet speed is 1.5mbps. is there and calculator what should be my connection if i want my download speed like 1mb per second? thank you very much.

A:difference between the download speed and internet speed?

Are you sure you're not getting 190-200KBps? You have to watch because the speed is often stated using different bit rates. When you see 1.5Mbs (lower case b) then it is megabits per second. If you see 190KBs (upper case B) then it's talking kilobytes per second. There are 8 bits in a byte so you really need to multiply the KBs number by 8 to determine the megabits or divide the Mbs number by 8 to determine the megabyte number.

In your case 200KBs multiplied by 8 is 1600Kbs or 1.6Mbs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310087-difference-between-download-speed-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I already tried safe mode with networking so i assume it s not about viruses or my antivirus Here s upload than is speed Download lower my speed. from a tcp ip analyzer TCP options string MTU MTU is not fully optimized for broadband Consider increasing your MTU to for better throughput If you are using a router it could be limiting your MTU regardless of Registry settings MSS MSS is not optimized for broadband Consider increasing your MTU value Default TCP Receive Window RWIN RWIN Scaling RFC bits scale factor Unscaled TCP Receive Window RWIN is not fully optimized Download speed is lower than my upload speed. even though it is a comparatively large number The unscaled RWIN value is lower than it should be Also RWIN being close to and above does not justify the header overhead of enabling TCP Options You might want to use one of the recommended RWIN values below For optimum performance consider changing RWIN to a multiple of MSS Other RWIN values that might work well with your current MTU MSS up to Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS bandwidth delay product Note this is not a speed test Your TCP Window limits you to kbps KBytes s ms Your TCP Window limits you to kbps KBytes s ms MTU Discovery RFC ON Time to live left hops TTL value is ok Timestamps RFC OFF Selective Acknowledgements RFC ON IP type of service field RFC I have a desktop where I am getting around kbps with the same modem Just enough for my mbps kbps connection But when I try to use this laptop the connection becomes like this Down is in average and up is higher os is windows xp nbsp

A:Download speed is lower than my upload speed.

Try TCP Optimizer. I've used it for wireless connections with XP, it has never made things worse for me, sometimes helped dramatically, and it will save original settings so that you can revert to them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-is-lower-than-my-upload-speed.976376/
Relevancy 87.72%

I've been told before that download speed is independent of how fast your Internet connection is. Is that true?

A:Download Speed v. Internet Connection Speed

Short answer = no. But on the other hand yes. Depends on how you mean the question.

Internet connection speed is defined by download speed and upload speed.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

It's probably an issue of semantics, i.e. what they meant when they said "download". Your "download speed" is dependent on how fast your ISP's download speed, but also how fast the downloading server us uploading the data, be it a file or a web page, or whatever. You can't get something faster than someone is sending it to you, however you can get it slower.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-speed-v-internet-connection-speed-686017.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I have a 2Mb/s connection. At least that is what online speed test shows. But why are my downloads much lower? I mean less than 1Mb/s

A:High Speed Connection - Low Speed Download?

Your connection is 2 megabits per second I assume....that comes out to about 256KB/sec in a browser.

Are you saying you only get 128KB/sec in your browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114425-high-speed-connection-low-speed-download.html
Relevancy 87.72%

So I ve always kind of had this issue not something really new However after testing my wife s PC to see if it were a router issue or something I realized I m in a bad spot My speed test had my D L at like Mbps and my U L at like Both spiked during the test around Comparing to my wife s PC when I did the test was Mbps D L and Mbps U L Her PC has the hard line into it while mine is directly connected to the router The provider goes through her PC etc Is there some tests I could do to find out higher than Upload download speed speed... my if it s Upload speed higher than my download speed... My PC My Router or Just some settings Thank you Also I saw someone ask on another one of these issues for the netstat -n so here is mine Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED nbsp

A:Upload speed higher than my download speed...

Interesting thing, I refreshed my net and restarted my PC, and it was peaking at 322.5KBps, but now it's back down to like 10-20KBps (at least when d/l from steam).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upload-speed-higher-than-my-download-speed.167450/
Relevancy 87.72%

I'm using a Compact Wireless-G Linksys USB Adapter with Speedbooster, and getting higher Upload speed than download speed on every speed testing website I try. Any thoughts on why?

Router: WRT54G2 Firmware vers. 1.0.01
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6143 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 942353 MB, Free - 640989 MB; D: Total - 11412 MB, Free - 1394 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB1
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 87.29%

Hi. I pay for a 3.0 mb/s att dsl connection. For some time now, pages seem to load slower than they did initially. After going to speedtest.net, my download speed was stated at 1.14 mb/s. This is not even close to the 3.0 I'm paying for! What might be causing this. Could the company purposely be giving me less speed thinking I won't notice? If it matters, I'm using Vista home premium and have a wireless gateway but I'm using my desktop and our wireless connection is password protected.

A:Actual DSL speed is less than half of what it should be. Help please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/actual-dsl-speed-is-less-than-half-of-what-it-should-be-help-please.836955/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hey everyone-

I was running PCMark 2002 the other day and my scores were really low for my system (it's been running slow lately..) I have a Sony Vaio laptop GRX670, P4 2 Ghz, 512 MB RAM and a 40 GB HD. PCMark saw my clock speed as 1.17 Ghz, and Sandra sees it as 1.19 Ghz.... What's up with that? Is it really running that slow? How do I get this thing back up to speed? Thanks a ton guys, I really appreciate it!

A:Actual Processor Speed?

sounds like

time for an enema...........cleaners: spyware /registry/unnecessary files/virus you name it...........get it out of there :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/actual-processor-speed.7176/
Relevancy 87.29%

Title pretty much sums up the question.

As of right now i have a FSB of 133 and a Bus Speed of 266.

I thought they were both the same?

On a side note, my multiplier is 12.5...I thought it was supposed to stay at 10, unless you're overclocking it...which I'm not.

Specs are:
Giga-byte GA7-VAX KT400 chipset
AMD Athlon XP 2000

A:Difference between FSB and actual Bus Speed?

They are the same. Read up on DDR to find out why.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/difference-between-fsb-and-actual-bus-speed.13360/
Relevancy 87.29%

Dear Sir,

Can I measure my actual LAN network speed with my computer??

A:Network actual speed

Good Luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/89968-network-actual-speed.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Recently, I reinstalled my Netgear wna3100 driver. Ever since then, I've been experiencing problems with high pings in games where I normally never had problems with. Pages load slowly even just the home page of Google.

I've attached my ipconfig picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:High download speed and signal, high ping in games, slow page loads

To Disable Selective Suspend:

open the control panel
go to power options (you may have to set view to small icons)
click change plan settings
in the window that opens:
click change plan settings
click change advanced power settings, expand usb and ensure usb selective suspend is disabled.

I would also (while the device is plugged in)
go into the control panel - system - device manager - click the properties for it and make sure it's set to always on there as well.
I don't think the ipconfig can tell us much here since it's a data rate problem of some sort and not a actual connection problem from the sound of it.

The two things I mention above will hopefully keep your system from putting the device in 'low power mode' which may , or may not help your current problem.

I'm also curious if your system has recently slowed down in any other ways?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217518-high-download-speed-signal-high-ping-games-slow-page-loads.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hope someone has an idea cos BT support was pretty useless Set up on BT Hub Wireless through different pcs vista XP and xbox If I plug in via ethernet I get the speeds I expect of about Mb if I go wireless I get about Mb So it does connect but for some reason speed next LAN speed WAN Good Solved: no to it just gets crippled Xbox connects well enough that I can see friends online but try to download anything or play a game and it s useless although does work PCs try to load a page but generally time out Line connected on Tuesday Hub installed Saturday speeds on Saturday were at about Mb wirelessly Sunday down to current wireless speeds Left it until today as BT recommend waiting days for top speeds If I unplug the ethernet cable I can briefly connect at the same speeds wirelessly Unplug Solved: Good LAN speed next to no WAN speed cable go to Google do a search and it ll give me quick results but after a couple of searches the speed drops right off again LAN connection sometimes isn t recognised and it gives me a x x x IP if I restart it ll find the for the IPv Solved: Good LAN speed next to no WAN speed IP and DNS set to automatic Solved: Good LAN speed next to no WAN speed Any ideas what else I can test or what the problem might be nbsp

Relevancy 86.43%

Hello all,
I just had a quick question.
I recently upgraded to an athlon xp 2400.
What im wondering is that in the properties menu of my computer it registers as 1.99 GHz.Is this normal or should it 2.0 GHz or is that the basically the same thing.
I am running it on a ECS K7s5a pro Mother board if any body needs that info.
Thanks in advance for any assistance

A:Actual Speed For An Athlon Xp 2400

Yes this is pretty much normal. I have a xp1600 that does the same thing. There is probably a +or - percentage and this is most likely within that tolerance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/actual-speed-for-an-athlon-xp-2400.207343/
Relevancy 86.43%

I have been looking into an issue with a customers WAN LAN investigating slow throughput nbsp A couple of things I have learned and have confused me on how to determine the actual speed of speed Actual connection Ethernet a connection between a PC and its switch router When I throttle the port that a PC is connected to Kb s using QOS nbsp the PC still says the link speed is Gb sWhen I set the the port speed to say Mb s Windows says it is connected to a Mb s link The difference suggests Windows or the NIC asks the Switch for the link speed and doesn't actually measure the line speed Actual Ethernet connection speed Why am i looking at this Actual Ethernet connection speed I have always been curious about the impact poorly deployed cabling has on actual LAN performance nbsp If for example a cable ran past a device that induced some sort of interference that slowed traffic across the cable then Windows will be oblivious to it and all the testing at switch and device level may not highlight the fact that the cable run from the outlet to the patch Actual Ethernet connection speed panel is the problem Your collective thoughts knowledge and understanding apprecaited

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c653fdb1-7ab5-4648-a477-5df29271aa0a/actual-ethernet-connection-speed?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 86.43%

HI all,

I have windows XP Service Pack 2 installed on the PC.However now it takes too much time (nearly 4 minutes) to come up to actual speed after i logged on to the windows.

It stucks for few minutes and then works fine.I have removed all un-necessary start up programs and now it loads only bit-defender (My Virus Guard). Any suggestions.I hope registry cleaner will help me.Your thoughts...?

Relevancy 85.57%

Hi I am just wondering why I get such slow download speeds when my internet is very good. I average around 300kb/sec but it fluctuates so much from under 100kb/sec- over 1mb/sec. Ive only seen it go as high as 1.4mb/sec correct me if im wrong but i do believe i should still get a higher download speed? below is a link to my speedtest .net....... 48mbits /sec download speed, 2.89 up speed, 18 ping

speedtest.net/result/ 1589552537.png

A:My download speed problems

Could be your provider. With whom or what service are you connected?
Also, it could be right there on your system. As you know, the actual usable speed is limited by the slowest component... software, memory, motherboard, etc.
Can you try it at a friend or other known connection that you know to be fast, as a first step?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-download-speed-problems.174881/
Relevancy 85.57%

So this is my current situation.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2917185658

I don't know why my download is so low, sometimes it's skyhigh (~60mbps) and sometimes it doesn't even make the 1 mbps I'm hooked on straight to our main modem I even put off Wi-fi and everything and I still have around 5mbps please help

A:Having problems with my download speed

Contact your ISP and tell them your download rates are fluctuating. They have ways of testing for problems with the lines.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-problems-with-my-download-speed.195611/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello i am owning vista isn't my cpu speed! Vista actual showing Problem| ultimate x with core duo e GHz amp GHZ always when i was checking the computer properties i saw Problem| Vista isn't showing my actual cpu speed! this written intel core duo e GHz amp GHZ anyway last night i made Problem| Vista isn't showing my actual cpu speed! an overlcock Problem| Vista isn't showing my actual cpu speed! from ghz to ghz when i entered after the OC to the computer properties i saw that the computer has changed to GHZ amp GHz then i set the cpu speed back to the normal speed normal fsb and then when i checked system properties i saw GHz amp GHz it was really strange because cpu-z and other programs showed me that i am using ghz and not anyway i tried to fix it and i did again overclock to ghz but then when i started the computer again and clicked on system properties i saw still Intel core duo e GHz amp GHZ but cpu-z and some other programs showed me that i have mhz so my question is this why vista is not showing my actual bus speed and cpu speed and it's showing wrong cpu speed my second question is even if the cpu's speed is not written on the computer properties as long as it's written on cpu-z and other programs that i have mhz the computer will use it right or it will use just the ghz that is written on vista sorry for my poor english hope you will answer me Yours Roy

A:Problem| Vista isn't showing my actual cpu speed!

I shouldn't worry too much about it..Vista's not that accurate in these things...I'd rely on the CPU-Z numbers....

....and look in the bios - that should tell you the real speed too. Just to check.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/204445-problem-vista-isnt-showing-my-actual-cpu-speed.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello all So let me try to give a brief background that will be relevant to my problem My girlfriend Allie lives in an apartment with her roommate Kelly They each have a computer in their rooms Kelly's PC is hooked up with cable internet and she uses a linksys router to broadcast the signal to Allie's laptop PC which came with internal wireless capabilities Sadly both these girls neglect their computers' health which by default makes me the computer maintenance man I'm by o means an expert but I think I'm a little more advanced than the average user I've spent the past few days cleaning infectons off Kelly's computer with the help of a few generous people on these forums and they have given her computer a clean bill of health She had been experiencing popups computer lag and internet lag Her computer operates fine now Allie's computer however was still experiencing internet slowness Very slowness As in kb s downlad speeds So I atempted to run my arsenal of security programs spybot adaware avast zonealarm hijackthis etc but none of the updates would download SO I brought her laptop to my house which runs a wireless network using the same model linksys router The internet on Allie's laptop works beautifully Internet/download Speed Problems over here with download speeds in the kb s range So I ran my security arsenal and her computer seems to be clean of all malware etc So now I'm to the extent of my personal knowledge What are the other factors Internet/download Speed Problems that could be damaging her internet speeds at her apartment The little network systray icon says she has an excellent connection to Kelly's network Kelly's internet works fine on her computer so I've ruled out cable problems What is Internet/download Speed Problems my next move Can anyone help

A:Internet/download Speed Problems

Hi Dave.There's a lot of factors here.As you found out, a good signal doesn't mean good throughput.Run through the article below. Try the no cost options first.If rearranging or channel changing doesn't help, high gain antennas and\or a wireless repeater will.10 tips for improving your wireless network

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49457/internetdownload-speed-problems/
Relevancy 84.28%

The last couple of hours my quot upload speed quot has been going haywire My tested speed at Speedtest net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test it shows Mbps which is what I usually have Task Manager shows I'm using Kbps unless I'm saying something in mumble which is the only program actually running My friend that I'm talking to responds - seconds after I say something atrocious but tests Upload are fine is speed actual and he always Upload tests are fine but actual speed is atrocious responds with quot I think you are lagging all I can hear is robot noises quot and I'm constantly getting disconnected from mumble My Ethernet Status shows that I'm sending of my received packages sent over minutes so I'm not actually uploading anything Upload tests are fine but actual speed is atrocious My download is fine I can browse websites just as before but as soon as something needs to be uploaded I Upload tests are fine but actual speed is atrocious just disconnect or it takes ing forever I have reset my router times I have restarted my PC more times than I can count on my fingers Other PC's on the same network works fine I have terminated all processes that windows doesn't need to run and mumble

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/129556-upload-tests-fine-but-actual-speed-atrocious.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a problem that has been annoying me for some time my laptop will suddenly for no apparent reason disconnect me from my connection/download speed Random problems network Random connection/download speed problems and thus the internet and do one of the following Random connection/download speed problems not let me reconnect to my network when I attempt to reconnect it either gets stuck on trying to identify the network or says that it can't connect and upon running a diagnosis it will either state that no solutions are available or suggest that I do something what it tells me to do is never consistent that when I try it does not work not display the network that I was just connected to in the list of available networks this is occasionally but not always followed by networks disappearing from the list until there are none left these networks will not come back state that there are no wireless networks available this often happens instantly but sometimes comes about through a gradual loss of networks from the list The only way for me to restore connectivity is to restart my laptop this will always fix the problem and restore all of the networks and my ability to connect to them Also there is usually a person on a laptop right next to me who is using and was sharing the same network without problems when I lose my connectivity Proximity to the transmitter and connection strength do not seem to have any effect on whether or not this occurs I have had it happen with one bar five bars twenty at least it may be farther meters away through multiple research labs with walls of reinforced concrete and at less than a foot from the transmitter Again restarting will fix everything Additionally I normally get download speeds of about Kb s but between the hours of about pm and am the speed drops by - or more and occasionally wavers between that and a drop not downloading anything but I still have internet connection and the download is still running it's just not downloading anything Can someone please help me

A:Random connection/download speed problems

If you would could you please do the following in this tutorial and report back with your info please. Thanks
Network Posting Tips

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/183189-random-connection-download-speed-problems.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I am running vista basic sp1 on a pretty decent laptop that should be able to handle vista and have approx 6mb broadband. I can download torrents without a problem (up to 5mb speeds).
Whenever I download a normal file via firefox or IE the speed starts at about 80kb and drops to 7-8 within a few seconds. I see many people have this problem and have tried all the suggestions that I have seen including:
Turning phishing filter off
Turning firewall off
turning anti virus off
disabling auto tuning
unchecking Remote Differential Compression
updated drivers
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
None of these things have made a beans worth of difference and I am at a complete loss. Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated before my laptop gets launched out of the window or used as a door stop

A:vista basic, download speed problems

hmm this seems to have fixed it...
http://www.tweakvista.com/articles/3...n-connections/

Downloads going at about 177 now. thats progress!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-basic-download-speed-problems-357664.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Is this even possible? Ive never seen a download speed so low, I cant even watch youtube, and forget netflix. Yet my upload seems to be through the roof. What is causing this? .58mb/s DL with a 43.26mb/s upload @ 5 ms ping.

A:Extremely low download speed and extremely high upload speed

Might I ask what time of day you did that test? In My Opinion, the Internet is like the Interstate. You can't go fast at rush hour.
You should try it at different times of day to see if it changes.
You could even try another test site http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/
http://reviews.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/ http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
http://www.dslreports.com/stest
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-low-download-speed-and-extremely-high-upload-speed.184515/
Relevancy 78.26%

Can someone give me the links to the websites where i can get programs to test componets on computer like ram and things?

A:Speed test

"sisoft sandra" google it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-test.268361/
Relevancy 78.26%

I made a DSL upload & download test & the results were { download @ 2.544} & upload @ 401.88, would condider these ,fair good or better than good

A:speed test

It might help if we knew the units of measure. Kilo-bits, Kilo-Bytes, Mega-bits or Mega-Bytes per second?

It might also help if we knew what DSL speeds you signed up for with your service.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-test.699233/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello,

I am hoping someone can tell me how to remove this popup that appears in firefox. I have ran several scans and it is still not removing.

Here is a pic of the popup
http://tinypic.com/r/hs99ns/6

If i click the popup it takes me to this site.. appround.net/pcperformer/....

Cheers

A:PC Speed Test

Hello,,,In FireFox it may be the Add ons/Plugins. try disabling them one at a time and see which one was at fault.How to disable extensions and pluginsKeeping your third-party plugins up to dateIn Chrome it may be the Add ons/Plugins. try disabling them one at a time and see which one was at fault.OR Disable All Extensions ,see if that worked,then you need to go back to one by one to see which ps the culprit.ADW CleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482507/pc-speed-test/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have "PC Speed Test" virus on my computer and i can't seem to remove it. I am running Windows XP with Microsoft Security  Essentials. Someone PLEASE HELP ME !!!

A:PC Speed Test

Hello and Welcome -I have never heard it called PC Speed Test virus, so I believe you may have a similar named problem.Are you aware of where you caught this infection ?? First -Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE* Save it to your Desktop.* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so. Next -Please download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.Close any Firefox browsers you may have openCheckmark the following boxes:•Flush DNS•Report IE Proxy Settings•Reset IE Proxy Settings•Report FF Proxy Settings•Reset FF Proxy Settings•List content of Hosts•List IP configuration•List last 10 Event Viewer log•List Installed Programs•List Users, Partitions and Memory size.•List Minidump FilesClick Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt).  Next -Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FreeMake sure you check for Updates during the downloadRun a Quick Scan and copy / paste the log that opens when finished back here. Next -Please download SUPERAntiSpyware FreeMake sure you check for Updates during the downloadRun a Quick Scan only and copy / paste the log file back here - From here we will see how bad the infection is - Thank You - Spelling Edit Only -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493971/pc-speed-test/
Relevancy 78.26%

Is there a way that I can easily test the upload speed of my VPN link in order to monitor it.

More and more people are connecting from other offices and I want to try and test the speed.

On my web link I tend to use speedtest, but obviously not so straight forward I guess on the VPN one.

Thanks

Relevancy 78.26%

I got a new Dell. Wanna know how to test it? Any tools/app can give it a score?

A:How to test PC speed?

Passmark's Benchmark tool is pretty nice! PassMark PerformanceTest - PC benchmark software

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/300327-how-test-pc-speed.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Ok i have adobe flash 12.0 active X and java update 51 and can t get a dsl speed test; all i keep getting is i must update my flash ! ? Update to what pretty sure i have the latest thats what the java / sdobe web sites tell me . Using win 7 / HP / 64 bit with i.e . 11.o .
So how do i fix this i assume something somewhere got mis set so need some help to fix it - thanks .
P.S . i can watch flash videos great if that means anything but can t get the speakeasy speed test .

Relevancy 78.26%

In Speed Test My Ping it's way over what it should be 145 to 289

i've contacted my internt provider they can't explane this ither they have so many answer but not the right one to correct or fix this.

A:Test Speed

Hi Dj,

There are a number of reasons for this, some of which you can control and some which are completely out of your control. Before you continue, disconnect ALL phone equipment (including cables to your PC and router) and reconnect them. The action of doing this wipes the contacts inside the connector and can sometimes give you a better connection - you probably don't notice this at audio levels, but at high-frequencies such as those used by broadband, it can make a huge difference. This should at least ensure that everything is connected properly at your end. Next, test your speed by following the link below. Remember that the results of this are merely a guide and represent your machine's capability at that moment in time. Repeat the test several times to get a truer result, also try the test at different times of the day to minimise the effects of network density in your area. This advice holds true in the UK where I am based, and it probably does for you too.
Dwarf

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/149614-test-speed.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I have Comcast cable and am using Windows 7 Ultimate, but everything really went South about 6-7 months ago and my computer got REALLY slow.

Today, after getting harped on by Comcast to buy a new modem I bought a Motorolla Surfboard and decided to check my Internet speed by going to the Comcast test page and WOW, this thing is slower that dial-up!!! It says that it's downloading at 3.61 megs!!!!

QUESTION:

When you do an online speed check does that show your download speed in spite of any garbage in the system, or is it telling me how slow it is BECAUSE there is crap in the system? In other words is my Internet connection (speed test) just slow in the first place, or is it slow because the computer is just filthy and needs to be wiped? I'[m supposed to be getting at least 50 meg speeds from Comcast.

HELP!!!

A:Speed test

You are on a network - even is you don't understand that it is a network.

The connection between your computer and the modem is a network. If your computer is infected, the infection could be causing enough traffic to impact the speed test. However, such traffic would have to be pretty heavy to impact the test done by websites like speedtest.net.

The other side of your modem is another network. You probably share this network with your neighbors. Their network traffic can impact your speed test results.

The other side of Comcast's neighborhood network is the Internet. Traffic on the Internet can also impact your speed test results - especially if you pick a server that is far away from where you are located.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382065-speed-test.html
Relevancy 78.26%

It is my understanding that in most cases when slow and fast ram were mixed, the system tends to "auto-config" to the slowest ram speed and/or what is required for operation, if it boots. Im wondering if there's anyway to check what that "auto-config" speed is adjusted to manually or with software ?

Relevancy 78.26%

Hi everyone, I am paying for 2mb from BT and speedtest.net says i'm getting 1.71mb which I am happy with. My ping is 71ms.

I am located in Northern Ireland although my IP thinks i'm in Scotland. The server the speed test uses is in Lancaster.

Does this have any effect on the speed test? Am I receiving inaccurate results because of this?

Thanks everyone.

Relevancy 78.26%

Can I test my fan speed? how would i do it

A:How can i test my fan speed

Just reboot and tap Delete or Function 2, whichever the first black screen tells you that you need to go into Setup. They are the BUIOS menus and one called System Monitor or PC Health will tell you the revolutions per minute at which the CPU fan and the case fan, if fitted, are running at.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-test-my-fan-speed.316988/
Relevancy 78.26%

i went on a speed test site and ran a test, here are the results

down load 2.29 mbs

upload 0.037 mbs

ping 70ms

what do these figures represent, how can i tell if they are bad, good or excellent?
My ISP provider is Tiscali and the terms are " up to 8mb broadband"

Regards,

Relevancy 78.26%

Is there anything out there that is like speed test, to where it would do a speed test and then save it to a log. I don't think I'm getting what I paid for and now I need proof so that I can show my ISP (Atlantic Broadband) and get a reduction in rate.

Thanks
Dan

A:Speed Test

I don't know any that keep a log but you could always use the snipping tool built into Window 7 and save a picture.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/359294-speed-test.html
Relevancy 78.26%

My laptop, a Dell Studio 1535 running WIN 10, is ethernet connected to my Century Link 1000A modem/router, When I run the speed test, on the laptop, provided by windows it displays 5.?? mbit upload and a 5.?? download. When I run SpeedTest I get a 5.?? upload and a 47 mbit download. interesting. See attachments.
Also my Dell desktop running WIN 7 displays the same speed results as my laptop.

A:Win speed test different from Speed test.

the windows one is probably using a shitty server to test from i wouldnt worry about it just trust the higher one If its bothering you just put "download test file" into google itll give you list of places you download a file unbuffered and youll see from your download speed how your connection is , you should be getting something like 5mb/s with your connection (thats a guess in working on 2.5mb/s for 20 mbps), if you have the steam client thats usually a good place to download from to test

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42253-win-speed-test-different-speed-test.html
Relevancy 78.26%

have u used speed test, and find out how fast web browser is?

A:speed test

Something like this ?
Post your Internet Browser Benchmark

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/178922-speed-test.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Does anyone know any sites where I can see how fast my computer is running and stuff like that? thanks.

Relevancy 78.26%

I have XP Pro on a desktop, and Windows 7 Pro on a laptop. The internet access speed is very noticeably slower on the XP. I did a speed test on both machines. On the XP I got a download speed of roughly 7mbps (I have a high speed connection through cable of 30mbps). On the laptop the speed exceeds - I get close to 60mbps! The PC is connected to the router but the laptop is not, it's on the home network.

I am pretty sure I'm not going to get the same speed on the XP because it's an older machine, but I'd sure like to get a little closer to the cable speed I signed up for.

So what might I have to do to achieve that?

A:XP speed test vs W7

When speed connection differs specially wired is slower than wireless though they worked properly, it is sometimes best to look for the obvious, which is the installed network adapter. Whether upgrading/replacing it which could improve the network speed or look for an updated driver version which could address the problem. See also here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299540

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483488/xp-speed-test-vs-w7/
Relevancy 78.26%

im just wondering how can i make my downloads faster without getting one of the "tacky" download browsers that are not safesrry its 73.6 kbs per secEdit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201286/how-can-i-speed-up-my-download-speed/
Relevancy 78.26%

Is it possible to increase the download speed from an ISP without using rubbish software which generally have Malware with it?

One word answers are not useful in this debate...
Be explicit and don't rant like I do!

A:Can you speed up download speed from ISP

Not it isn't, And none of those so called accelerators will either. The only way to get faster speed with your ISP is to get a faster package/connection if possible, or go with an ISP that offers faster connections.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/212929-can-you-speed-up-download-speed-isp.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello Not sure if this is posted Issues Ping/Speed in the right area but anyways I have a wire Ping/Speed Issues HG-G through Bell and I get Mbps download and kbps upload Originally my problem was that I m on the quot very edge Ping/Speed Issues quot of Bell s service range apparently So I ve been told and it caused me to get random disconnects constantly throughout the day and not So bell tech visits Ping/Speed Issues later my modem was replaced which didnt solve the issue and then they finally decided to do something where they put my account on quot interleave quot I m hoping one of you techy s know what that is and means because I sure don t Here s the problem now Since i ve been put on interleave my connection is stable but im experiencing high ping which is a huge problem for online gaming I m getting about That might seem normal and fine but that s actually pure trash compared to what I was getting before interleave I was getting anywhere between - ping and ms jitter at most Sometimes a zero Sure I m not getting random disconnects anymore but I d almost rather have the random disconnects than experience lag For real So my question is does anyone know what i can do to increase my ping Without having Bell alter with my settings again because at this point I think I m pretty much stuck on this interleave thing so If I could reduce my ping even to get it under I think that would improve things a lot I mean I m playing on a connection and I m getting bars out of a possible in the connection status That s ridiculous Theres no way a game should be taking up that much connection so there has to be something wrong with the connection itself Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ping-speed-issues.1040350/
Relevancy 77.83%

i have weird problem here whatever Chrome or Media playing ( video - music ) i get higher ping and unstable download speed with IDM
(BTW Windows media player won't affect on speed or ping when its running )

the problem happen on Wifi + Ethernet
IE + windows media player playing song

IE + playing music with MPC-hc ( i tested Jetaudio + MPC-be and same result )

IE + Chrome opened

i did the same test on my sister W7 laptop and ping never goes higher than 28 - 29 in worst case

any thought

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26294-ping-speed-problem.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi people,
which is the best internet speed test?i have tried loads on the web that say i am running at anywhere from 7mb up to 9.5mb,i have a 10mb connection from virgin media.my best friend told me to try the internet frog tester but this said i was running at 1.2mb??! the bbc tester said i was at 9mb as well so i'm a little confused,so which is the truest speed tester that will measure my speed

thanks guys

A:internet speed test

you can use any, some will be accurate while others may not be at the time you run the test - but can give you a general idea... one thing that the speed test sites dont really tell you is this... the test takes under a minute to run, so while your speeds may be 9.5 for that minute that doesnt mean that your isp is truly allowing that speed for a long time period. Some isp's will throttle you and slow you down after a certain timeframe - which is crazy I know, but sometimes true.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-test.850055/