Windows Support Forum

Skype crash and missing text in windows

Q: Skype crash and missing text in windows

Hi I have exactly the same issue as posted here http forums techguy org Skype crash and windows in missing text windows-vista -problems-missing-text-skype html Problems with missing text and Skype Not sure if this is the right forum or not just registered today to seek help However for the past few days I ve noticed some strange stuff going on with my laptop Skype crash and missing text in windows For starters there is missing text in places I know there should be text a few screenshots as examples here as to what i m talking about game client login with missing text this is affecting my internet browser too such as on photobucket Not sure if this is related to another issue I m having here but I m having problems starting Skype I simply get a few error messages that repeat a while These messages are as follows quot Out of system resources quot quot Out of system resources quot quot Out of system resources quot quot Exception EOutOfResources in module Skype exe at A The specified resource name cannot be found in the image file quot In the screenshot you can see the Skype error together with the controls with reduced height in the All CPU Meter gadget and MS Word says there s not enough memory to load fonts Here is a page in the Opera browser with expanded spacing between chars in the words Any suggestions please Lenovo Thinkpad x Intel Core email protected GB RAM Windows Professional bit SP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-crash-and-missing-text-in-windows.983660/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Skype crash and missing text in windows

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 74.82%

Not sure if this is the right forum or not just registered today to seek help However for the past few days Skype missing and with Problems text I ve noticed some strange stuff going on with my laptop For Problems with missing text and Skype starters there is missing text in places I know there should be text a few screenshots as examples here as to what i m talking about game client login with missing text this is affecting my internet browser too such as on photobucket Not sure if this is related to another issue I m having here but I m having problems starting Skype I simply get a few error messages that repeat a while These messages are as follows quot Out of system resources Problems with missing text and Skype quot quot Out of system resources quot quot Out of system resources quot quot Exception EOutOfResources in module Skype exe at A The specified resource name cannot be found in the image file quot quot A call to Problems with missing text and Skype an OS function failed quot quot Exception Exception in module Skype exe D Internal error quot I ve tried reinstalling it but I get the same messages Also checked for viruses with AVG Using a cheap Dell Inspiron with Windows Vista -bit I ve never had this problem before so no idea what to do obviously nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-missing-text-and-skype.920330/
Relevancy 62.78%

I've just updated my brand new HP Pro Book 450 G3 with the suggested Windows 10.Everything seems to work fine except for the fact that as soon as I run the skype software the windows 10 crashes and restarts. A lightblue screen appears  with messages and hen the OS is restarted. i've tryed to uninstall and re-install the skype software but the result is always the same. Before he Windows 10 upgrade the proBook was running with Windows 8 and skype was working correctly.The pro book has already been fixed two monts ago (under warranty) by HP for not working ethernet board and wi-fi board.Is there a solution at this problem? I need skype for my job, this is my job laptop.I've bought the PC 3 months ago and it is already the second very big problem I'm experiencing.Is this a unlucky laptop or what else?please help me to solve the problem. Andrea 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-Crash-after-skype-startup/td-p/5709913
Relevancy 61.92%

I had skype on my computer running Vista for a while and used it every day Each time I used it it would lock up and I would have to restart my of skype instead reboots loading crash/windows computer manually without skype crash/windows reboots instead of loading shutting down windows I looked for solutions and read that skype did not have this problem Within minutes of my first call on skype my computer froze and I had to push the power button This time however windows would not load I get to the screen where I am given the choice of loading Vista or Ubuntu and I choose Vista Then it asks me if I want to start normally or run a diagnostic corrective program the name of which I can't remember Choosing that program does nothing the screen just flashes So I choose to start normally the screen goes black for a couple seconds then the computer turns off then back on Ubuntu loads without any problems I'm using it now Also I have only had this computer for about months so I have trouble believing it's a hardware issue I would really appreciate any help anyone could offer

A:skype crash/windows reboots instead of loading

someone please help me!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/skype-crash-windows-reboots-instead-of-loading-366554.html
Relevancy 61.92%
Relevancy 60.63%

Windows XP acting wonky Text buttons missing test in IE flashes or is missing not a valid win application Question Okay missing, XP is in missing, IE wonky. or not acting flashes test buttons Text Windows this is a tough one I believe Am fairly knowledgeable but there are always tricks and tips Have had same PC for quite a while No hardware has been changed no software has been added Lojack is running on PC and has been for a while Will ask vendor about this Windows XP Home gb Ram ghx Dual Core E CPU with great cooling Windows XP acting wonky. Text buttons missing, test in IE flashes or is missing, not paging file is system managed also tried custom size partitions single boot to XP one user gb free Windows XP acting wonky. Text buttons missing, test in IE flashes or is missing, not I have not changed my use or habits on this machine I see no pattern Have all patches from MSFT Problem A few times a week while surfing in IE with a few windows open as always I will get text on a web page that disappears If I move my mouse it will appear Closing down IE and restarting does not help issue Using Firefox does not help issue Closing all windows and restarting IE does not help If I then click on Word Excel Event Viewer Task Manager or other program I will get an error Not a valid Win application Or I might get Windows Installer Service could not be accessed Or I will get Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service Very strange indeed If I reboot all is fine and worked again WHAT HAVE I DONE TO TRY TO RESOLVE ISSUE sfc scannow hijack this-clean combofix-clean vundofix-clean Malwarebytes Antimalware Superantispyware Avira-Clean Rootkit search-clean Clean Registry Uninstall and reinstall Avira antivirus Updated all drivers available including video Backed off Video acceleration on Geforce GT card Defrag of C drive scandisk f in safe mode clean Reset all services to Defaults per Black Viper web site Uninstalled IE and reinstalled IE Reset IE to all defaults Ran a script that set all system policies permissions to defaults Uninstalled MSFT Installer and re-installed with new x version Tried System restore early on no change Killed all restore points Ran Memory Check boot CD memtest for hours-no errors Other than re-installing Windows an overwrite-recovery and then install msft updates I am at a loss Thanks PC nbsp

A:Windows XP acting wonky. Text buttons missing, test in IE flashes or is missing, not

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-acting-wonky-text-buttons-missing-test-in-ie-flashes-or-is-missing-not.965706/
Relevancy 60.63%

Windows XP acting wonky Text buttons missing test XP or in IE buttons test acting missing, missing, is Windows wonky. flashes not Text in IE flashes or is missing not a valid win application Question Okay this is a tough one I believe Am fairly knowledgeable but there are always tricks and tips Have had same PC for quite a while No hardware has been changed no software has been added Lojack is running on PC and has been for a while Will ask vendor about this Windows XP Home gb Ram ghx Dual Core E CPU with great cooling paging file is system managed also tried custom size partitions single boot to Windows XP acting wonky. Text buttons missing, test in IE flashes or is missing, not XP one user gb free I have not changed my use or habits on this machine I see no pattern Have all patches from MSFT Problem A few times a week while surfing in IE with a few windows open as always I will get text on a web page that disappears If I move my mouse it will appear Closing down IE and restarting does not help issue Using Firefox does not help issue Closing all windows and restarting IE does not help If I then click on Word Excel Event Viewer Task Manager or other program I will get an error Not a valid Win application Or I might get Windows Installer Service could not be accessed Or I will get Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service Very strange indeed If I reboot all is fine and worked again WHAT HAVE I DONE TO TRY TO RESOLVE ISSUE sfc scannow hijack this-clean combofix-clean vundofix-clean Malwarebytes Antimalware Superantispyware Avira-Clean Rootkit search-clean Clean Registry Uninstall and reinstall Avira antivirus Updated all drivers available including video Backed off Video acceleration on Geforce GT card Defrag of C drive scandisk f in safe mode clean Reset all services to Defaults per Black Viper web site Uninstalled IE and reinstalled IE Reset IE to all defaults Ran a script that set all system policies permissions to defaults Uninstalled MSFT Installer and re-installed with new x version Tried System restore early on no change Killed all restore points Ran Memory Check boot CD memtest for hours-no errors Other than re-installing Windows an overwrite-recovery and then install msft updates I am at a loss Thanks PC

A:Windows XP acting wonky. Text buttons missing, test in IE flashes or is missing, not

You could try uninstalling your video card drivers and reinstalling, download them from the manufacturers web site or have the CD handy.

I see that video card is a PCI-E (so I assume it's a plug-in card, not built into the mobo). You could remove it, clean the contacts and re-insert.

While you have it out, clean the fan.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-acting-wonky-text-buttons-missing-test-in-ie-flashes-or-is-missing-not-532334.html
Relevancy 57.62%

First of all I believe it ain't a hardware issue Said that let's proceed Hi I've been overclocking my GTX Ti for a while and it never went like crash def, Windows after 8 blurry text) bug Metro (low this I always clocked my Windows 8 Metro bug (low def, blurry text) after crash card to GHz proc and GHz memories exactly MHz and MHz but today I decided to go further and clock the memory to precisely MHz Fired up Driver San Francisco and didn't notice any improvement to the previous MHz but I wanted to know how long it could run like this After what minutes the quot quot face went right up Reported WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR Experience says it's a uncorrectable hardware issue -- Overclock failed boo hoo Nothing new happened before but Metro never been like this It ain't a low def image It's exactly like that I didn't edit a pixel of this image the black metro apps happens when there's an animation live metro app I thought quot oh man the card's fried quot but when I clicked on 'Desktop' everything was fine So I thought quot it must be the D that's screwed up quot fired my game back and well it's running great No loss on FPS or whatsoever PSU is powerful enough for this card Motherboard is fine for overclocking Drivers are updated Can't count on fingers how many times I've restarted the PC I didn't try to reinstall the drivers I didn't try to reinstall Windows duh Graphics Card is back to factory frequencies for troubleshooting I've googled a little for this blurry text but my findings were inconclusive Any thoughts

A:Windows 8 Metro bug (low def, blurry text) after crash

I went to nVidia Control Panel, Manage 3D Settings and clicked "restore". Restarted and it's fine now.
I'll consider fixed. If it goes nuts again, I'll be here crying again

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/9744-windows-8-metro-bug-low-def-blurry-text-after-crash.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Whenever I opened some folders, my pc would crash, and after trying to fix it for a while with no success, I've noticed that it crashes while displaying japanese text, and sometimes it seemed to crash randomly as well. Does anyone have any idea of what could that be?

A:Windows crash/bsod while displaying japanese text

Attachment 369151
Here is the log. Windows crashed when I tried to check the file, not sure why.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378706-windows-crash-bsod-while-displaying-japanese-text.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys, I recently restarted my computer and I have a problem where all the text of desktop icon labels, and while starting windows you know how it says "Welcome", It doesnt say that, only shows the loading cursor. Please Help me. When I click on the start button, it doesn't work, so that I could do a system restore, please help me guys.

I dont know how to fix this.

All the text are gone, the text is changed to times new roman at firefox, and i can't see what I am typing in the nagivation bar in firefox.
Thanks.
-TheTechRishab

A:All the text are missing in Windows 7 x64

Hello Rishab,

You might see if you may be able to do a system restore at boot instead using a restore point dated before this started.

I would also recommend that you do a full scan of your system with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free just to help make sure that your system is clean.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/259015-all-text-missing-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a year old Compaq Presario Missing Windows... in Some Text laptop with a Gig of Ram and a GHZ P processor running WinXP Home Considering everything this computer has been pretty reliable and the few problems that have cropped up I ve been able Missing Text in Some Windows... to solve until now Missing Text in Some Windows... When I open the Add Remove Programs applet in the control panel the window comes up blank The choices listed around the edges are fine but no text is visible in the portion of the window that should list all installed software Exactly the same thing happens when I open Norton Anti-Virus There is just a white screen where there should be text with various specs listed in the app Again Choices around the edges of the window which I think are graphically based show up just fine I have a feeling that this problem will also crop up in other apps I just haven t found them yet I suspect that this may have something to do with a missing or corrupted Font file but I don t know how to troubleshoot and solve this problem Since the computer is working fine otherwise I really don t want to have to wipe the drive and do a fresh installation Any suggestions Please HELP Thanks JAY nbsp

A:Missing Text in Some Windows...

You could check if its a font file pretty easily. Right click an empty section of desktop and select properties. Choose appearance, then advanced. Play around with some different font files in there and see if it clears up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-text-in-some-windows.524693/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi, i'm speechless. its possible talk to other people by skype for me?!
this video shows somebody using of skype for talking to his family !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyieYWMHs_I
so its possible 100%, but how ?
i downloaded Cepstral tts. and Nextup talker software. i wanna know that how i can define Nexup talker voice output as microphone input ? in this way it will work for skype ^o^

plz tell me step by step what i have to do

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-use-text-to-speech-as-microphone-in-skype.917043/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi, i'm speechless. its possible talk to other people by skype for me?!
this video shows somebody using of skype for talking to his family !
YouTube - VoIP NextUp Talker Celledu
so its possible 100%, but how ?
i downloaded Cepstral tts. and Nextup talker software. i wanna know that how i can define Nexup talker voice output as microphone input ? in this way it will work for skype ^o^

plz tell me step by step what i have to do

A:how to use text to speech as microphone in skype

Please give this a look.
If this is not helpful please post back or PM me.
Suddenly this has become important to me and I would LOVE to be able to help
in any way possible.
https://extras.skype.com/categories/...text-to-speech

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-use-text-to-speech-as-microphone-in-skype-476486.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Microsoft?s Skype chat service is vulnerable to a simple booby-trapped text message that causes the app to enter a crash loop that permanently breaks the app on iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows.Click to expand...

Source HERE

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/text-string-breaks-skype-app.4068796/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this, or if the same has happened to them... In many programs such as Winrar and my music recording software, the pop up/drop down windows such as going to tools/settings or are missing all the text.

I've included a picture of this, while trying 'extract to' in Winrar -->

As you can see, the text beside the radio buttons is completely missing, this is the same for all other programs. However... One thing to note is that, using explore, msn and internet explorer, all the drop down/pop up window options are fine and fully visible.

I accidentally installed a chinese language thing the other day, i don't know if this effects the situtation or not.

A:Text Missing in Most programs Windows!!

I would do a repair installation. Should be the fix. But I think we need to find the reason causing this problem. First check for malware. Then try to remember what you added to your system the last. ( it may be a conflicting softwares case )

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/text-missing-in-most-programs-windows-69789.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, I have encountered a problem today with Windows 7. (Hungarian X64 Ultimate - had only the Hungarian language pack installed)

Last day I wanted to add Chinese and Japanese language packs to it. They didn't install with a 800736B3 error, so I found Windows6.1-KB947821-v12-x64.msu which was an "important" update. These language packs still not got installed after rebooting. This morning I see my icons lacking text, Start menu and tooltips totally not appearing. I thought the sfc / scannow command will help. It said couldn't repair, but log was saved into the CBS.log (Which I will attach.), same thing happened in Safe Mode too.

How can I get text showing up again?

A:Windows 7 - Completely missing text

Problem solved by "updating" Windows 7 by using the same install disc, it kept everything intact and fixed the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience and please lock the topic.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-completely-missing-text-593515.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Window xp sp3, Norton 360, regularly cleaned with CC cleaner (not registry).Latest Skype installed.Will send text messages to some numbers....Not to others.2nd PC ...similar configuration.....(has Avira instead of Norton) will send texts to all numbers...no exclusions.WHY??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454685/skype-text-messages-some-sendsome-dont/
Relevancy 54.61%
A:950 XL did an update last night and now the mic is missing from text for voice to text

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Please let me know how to bring it back. Welcome, that's the famous Anniversary Update, you should let yor phone updating all core apps in Store pending list, then check again
At last, a simple soft reset fixes (hold vol down + power 15 secs)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435984-950-xl-did-update-last-night-now-mic-missing-text-voice-text.html
Relevancy 54.18%

The login screen for my computer is missing all text and controls except the speech assistance button in the bottom left corner. If you click this the password filed does display and you can login. After login all text is missing from icons etc. Start menu will not display nor will right click menu. If applications are lanced they show in the task bar but never become visible. That said full screen applications such as games will launch from the desktop and work fine. I have scanned the hard drive for viruses with AVG from a Ubuntu instance on the computer which found no viruses. Any help would be appreciated.

A:All text missing windows open but never become visible.

Hi Ulfhiden
When did this begin happening? Have you modified anything or installed anything on your computer?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/262563-all-text-missing-windows-open-but-never-become-visible.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Since "upgrading" to Windows 10 I have needed to restart my computer every other day to fix weird interface glitches. There are a bunch, and I will make separate threads for them because I don't know if they happen for the same reason.

This thread is about the right click menu missing all the text on it. I have attached an image. The different menus are still clickable, I just can't see what I'm clicking! I have tried restarting just Explorer.exe, but that doesn't help. I need to reboot the whole system to fix this.

A:Windows 10 Right Click Menu Text Missing

Got the same problem.

So far I got around it by creating links to the missing options.
Like Taskbar Properties etc.
Creating these links takes a bit of searching & work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-right-click-menu-text-missing-1115777.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am having an issue where after starting my Windows 7 Ultimate OS, I am presented with a desktop but:

the desktop shortcuts do not have any text.The systray is missing.If I roll the mouse across one of the desktop icons, it puts this screenwide highlight over the icon.The taskbar is blank. The start menu icon does not work.There is sometimes this screenwide bar, just above the taskbar, with a tool icon and another icon I can't make out.Any window I open shows the icons but no text so I have no idea what folder I am opening.
I need this machine. I have no Windows 7 Ultimate recovery disk. Any advice is helpful.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/36140676-11c8-4a46-b7f7-02facea8dcfe/windows-7-ultimate-app-text-and-systray-missing?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 54.18%

Every time I try logging into skype, my computer freezes to the point I have to manually reboot or just make a *BEEEEEEEP* sound so I have no choice but to manually reboot it. Event viewer doesn't seem to pick up anything. I have tried reinstalling skype but that didn't help either.

A:Skype Crash

Try what is found here:

POST troubleshooting steps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/skype-crash-680982.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My skype keeps crashing! It says"skype click to call has crashed" Why does this keep happening?

A:skype crash

Hi -

See if uninstalling current version Skype, then reinstalling latest version helps.

http://beta.skype.com/en/download-sk...-for-computer/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/skype-crash-681731.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I need help I crash Skype have a skype problem It crashes whenever I do screen shares or video calls It says access violation My friend says it s a Directx problem I checked my Directx and I m using the latest directx I have Windows starter and the latest version of Skype - I am using Windows Starter Acer D What Skype crash I already did - Reformatted my laptop - Installed a chipset driver for Acer - based on my friend s advice - Installed Directx - based on my friend s advice I already have yes but he says the directx installed on my system might have been corrupted already I don t know what solution is left Would it help if I change my OS into Windows XP using the same Directx Is it something to do with my video card or any programs that might have problems or incompatibility with Skype My friends who use skype doesn t seem to have problems with their latest skype version I only got this when my skype was updated nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I will try to give as much detail as I can I have a Gateway laptop MX with an Intel T Dual Core Ghz GB RAM GB HDD with GB free running a fresh install of Win Home Prem SP originally came with Vista I decided to reformat and reinstall OS Everything went as and crash IE9 Skype planned I ran Windows updates until there were no more I installed MS Office Skype Auslogics disk defrag Avast Teamviewer Bluecoat K- Glary Dropbox Adobe Reader X CCleaner Process Lasso Lifecam VX- Canon MP printer Microsoft Picture It and Revo Uninstaller Firefox Cute PDF and latest Java The problem occurs when I try to run IE or Skype They both crash For instance if I navigate to http www carmax com enus view-car default html AVi amp id amp N amp D amp zip amp pD amp pI amp pT amp pC amp pB amp No amp Ep homepage homepage Make amp Rp R amp PP amp sV List amp CD amp Q dd -c e - f f-a a - e c e I get a message that a problem occured and needs to shut IE IE9 and Skype crash down I have several successful clicks before I get to this page and it crashes It tries to open the site a couple of times but to no avail Skype opens but crashes before loading completely I have to believe they are related If you can help I would appreciate it I have a Macrium backup so I can always go back

A:IE9 and Skype crash

Try uninstalling Skype and removing any addons Skype may have added to IE9. See if IE9 still crashes.

Browsers crashes are almost always caused by faulty addons.

For what it's worth, I quit using Skype after becoming annoyed with it's poor reliability and large resource consumption (especially when 5.x came out). This article also contributed to my decision: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/networking/how-skype-does-and-doesnt-work/1051

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/412414/ie9-and-skype-crash/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone
Suddenly, I have a problem uysing Skype. When I open Skype it tells me that it cant as Skype has crashed and do I want to close the program or Debug etc etc. This is the problem info. Any idea what has happened. Can it have anything to do with IE9 or Audacity which I have recently started using for recording voice messages? I have uninstalled Skype and download the app again and set installed bu it is unable to install and comes back the above questions.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Skype.exe
Application Version: 5.3.0.113
Application Timestamp: 4dd67601
Fault Module Name: Skype.exe
Fault Module Version: 5.3.0.113
Fault Module Timestamp: 4dd67601
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 006ebe12
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Relevancy 53.32%

Okay this one is a little freaky. I built a new PC recently and installed a fresh 8.1 . Few days later it starts randomly (maybe 1-2 per day, sometimes never) opening two new tabs. One searches omegle in google but doesn't open it, the other goes to rcc.edu. It also sometimes enters the same piece of my Skype history into the text field. This piece of skype history shouldn't be on this computer since the logs are from a few months back, thus left on the old computer. I scanned my computer with Malwarebytes and Kaspersky, also used process explorer and scanned prcocesses with virustotal and got no positives. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. also affects the mouse, but no movement, just left clicks.

A:Odd behavior, 2 new tabs and Skype history typed in text field.

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting promp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574000/odd-behavior-2-new-tabs-and-skype-history-typed-in-text-field/
Relevancy 52.89%

Windows 7 32 Bitand Skype 5.0 new version of Skype no more freezing lost other topic. I am so happy finally skype works on Windows 7 32 Bit Home Premium

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-32-bitand-skype-5-0-new-version-of-skype-no-more-freezing-lost-other-topic.155047/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,
I use Skype on a daily basis to keep in touch with family. Generally, I have no problems. However, any contact with my son inevitably results in my computer shutting down. Our contact can last as long as half an hour, or as little as 2 minutes, but almost always ends the same way.
This does not happen with anyone else.
There's probably a simple explanation, but if there is it escapes me.
Regards, kilnfield

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, x64 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1917 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon Xpress 1150, 5 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 104113 MB, Free - 58399 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 6794 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0WY383
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free, Disabled ***note*** does not show that I now use MS Security Essentials

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-causing-computer-to-crash.1062574/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have 8.1. I installed Skype in my typical folders of "c:\programs" (I never install in "program files" unless program is forced to do so. All associated files should be, as they are coded, in "C:\Users\main\AppData\Roaming\Skype."My question....Will uninstalling the Metro Skype from its (memory hogging, fake) desktop affect, in anyway, my actual Skype (including logs)?Thank you.I reply as fast as I can, but it could be hours or months. Always busy.

A:Uninstall Windows 8 Metro Skype Affect Regular Skype?

Well for starters you shouldn't really install two versions of Skype on the same PC.Uninstall both, then install the version you prefer.Accept the default install location as I can see no good reason for doing otherwise.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/uninstall-windows-8-metro-skype-affect-regular-skype/1784.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello TSF Lately I've bought a Microsoft Sidewinder x keyboard it works great however Ever since I got it Skype Explorer taskmgr and other programs have been crashing ever since I & dpgcmd.dll causing Explorer Skype crash to installed the intellipoint software dpgcmd.dll causing Skype & Explorer to crash From my perspective this is what's happening I play CS S change song while in game alt tab or close game to skype skype or explorer exe crashes I've been looking in the event viewer and it dpgcmd.dll causing Skype & Explorer to crash seems the cause is c Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpgcmd dll how do I fix this Thank you Here are some of the logs from event viewer Faulting application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x d c Faulting module name dpgcmd dll unloaded version time stamp x e c Exception code xc Fault offset x d b Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time x ccf b cbdc Faulting application path C Windows Explorer EXE Faulting module path dpgcmd dll Report Id ad b c e- f- e - d - d f f Faulting application name taskmgr exe version time stamp x a bc c Faulting module name dpgcmd dll unloaded version time stamp x e c Exception code xc Fault offset x d b Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time x ccf c daf Faulting application path C Windows system taskmgr exe Faulting module path dpgcmd dll Report Id b fd a - f- e - d - d f f Faulting application name Skype exe version time stamp x f Faulting module name dpgcmd dll version time stamp x e c Exception code xc Fault offset x ed b Faulting process id xeac Faulting application start time x ccf fe cc Faulting application path C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe Faulting module path c Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpgcmd dll Report Id b e c - f- e - d - d f f Faulting application name Skype exe version time stamp x f Faulting module name dpgcmd dll unloaded version time stamp x e c Exception code xc Fault offset x d b Faulting process id xcd Faulting application start time x ccf c ccfe Faulting application path C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe Faulting module path dpgcmd dll Report Id ba ce- - e - d - d f f

A:dpgcmd.dll causing Skype & Explorer to crash

Most common solution on the web is to uninstall the Intellitype software

1 - make sure that you're using the most current version of the Intellitype software.
2 - if that doesn't work, search the web for a download of v8.1 and try that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/dpgcmd-dll-causing-skype-and-explorer-to-crash-633082.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello All I am having problems with FireFox browser crashing only happens when I try to watch or download video browser freezes Skype no longer works Adobe crashes for example Youtube freezes No error message just FF says not responding on youtube says adobe flash has crashed Thought it was Flash or Shockwave Flash reinstalled both used uninstaller Using Windows bit new computer Hp G - WM Everything was working ok for a couple of months until several days ago Leading me to believe it was some kind of Microsoft update did a restore worked for a couple days then crashes tried system restore again tried several points restore does not help Uninstalled Skype browser still crashes Called HP had no clue recommended a complete windows uninstall install So something is causing Flash Skype FF to crash Can it be windows I read in a previous post that someone had the same problem with IE crashing Google search says it could be a sound card problem don t think I have that card Also seems to be a common problem Does anyone have any ideas don t want to do the uninstall If any can help it would really be appreciated Thanks nbsp >Firefox Adobe crash? >skype Flash

Relevancy 52.03%

I Files Windows Missing to Recent Crash Due recently suffered a crash As I have started using the Missing Windows Files Due to Recent Crash computer as I did before the quot great crash quot I am noticing some things here and there that are just not the Missing Windows Files Due to Recent Crash same Icons for example All of the icons for my Office XP for Missing Windows Files Due to Recent Crash students program are gone When I try to reinstall the Office XP program I get a windows installer error I ve also noticed some other weird errors as I surf about and use different media types I thought I d just reinstall Windows but that was complicated by SP I believe that some windows files were lost corrupted in the crash Is there a way to reinstall windows without uninstalling SP first The techguy who fixed my puter had a WINSOCK program on the desktop when the puter was returned and I asked about it He said he used it because of some file that was missing that needed reinstalled When I run Spybot it used to scan about files now it scans less than This is another reason I think some stuff went bye bye So is there any way to reinstall Windows without uninstalling the SP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-windows-files-due-to-recent-crash.292095/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys hope you can help me here.
When i'm at any kind of voice overs, in a call on skype or teamspeak it manages to happen a sound crash, but the time isnt certain, sometimes it takes about 10 minutes and other times take 1 hour or more to crash.
When the sound crashes, all the videos freeze. Its like watching a video with super slow motion and no sound.
Only way to solve this is rebooting.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536228/voice-overs-like-skype-crash-sound-and-video-freezes/
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently had to totally reload windows 8 after a complete system crash....My problem is that "Skype" that we use to talk to our daughter is no longer in the app store neither will it appear after a search it also seems almost elusive to download any clues.

A:Missing Skype

Hello Phil,

Here's the internet link for Skype below. Click on the "View in Windows Store" button to see if it may open the Store with Skype selected for you.
Skype app for Windows in the Windows Store

There's also a desktop version available at the link below.

Download Skype on your computer - Mac, Windows, Linux - Skype

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/25740-missing-skype.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Fresh from iOS' embarrassing Messages bug that could crash iPhones with a random string of text, a similar flaw is hitting Skype across platforms. Specifically, sending a message containing only "http://:" sends the app into an endless crash loop in...

Read more

A:This simple message sends Skype into an endless crash loop, update out now

Every system has this. Just hasn't been discovered yet on the others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-simple-message-sends-skype-into-an-endless-crash-loop-update-out-now.213661/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am missing the Skype tile.

I installed first the Metro version, then unistalled it and installed the desktop one, but the tile is missing and I only have the desktop icon. When I right click the desktop icon looking for "pin to Start Menu" it is not there. I don't know why, because it is there for any other icon/program, but not for Skype.

Any clue?

A:I am missing the Skype tile.

Go on the start screen and search for Skype. The Skype for desktop app in the app list should come up. Right click it and then pin to start should be on the bottom of the screen.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/17100-i-am-missing-skype-tile.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey all Came across a problem recently on my month old rig Specs are in my profile Anyway I had hard drives set up my main SSD which runs Windows a USB external terabyte and a gig SATA Western Digital I believe the gig SATA was failing or malfunctioning I was getting error messages that the drive was bad a while back but never got around to fixing or removing it because I was lazy and it still worked read write I kept some junk media and files missing Windows blue 7 issue/NTLDR drive crash/hard booting screen on it but other than that didn't touch it Well Windows 7 blue screen crash/hard drive booting issue/NTLDR missing my rig started acting funny a few days ago I thought it might have been a worm or malware I ran my usual combination of programs and security I Windows 7 blue screen crash/hard drive booting issue/NTLDR missing like to keep my system pretty clean I did find a few threats but took care of them I hadn't ran them for a bit so I thought nothing unusual Well my PC started crashing randomly and giving me issues until time I noticed my gig SATA was corrupt or something All the data on it was gone and it was reading gig instead of gig I was still able to read write to it though Still kept having the crashes and freezing I removed the SATA wiped the SSD and re-installed a fresh copy of Windows Everything went without a hitch Windows runs fine everything went normal Computer is running beautiful but I am still having a crashing issue It happens randomly Happened twice when watching movies off my external and twice now while just browsing the web The system will freeze forcing me to manually restart or it will freeze and a blue screen will pop up saying the system crashed and it's dumping memory yada yada and force me to manually restart If I leave it to restart on it's own it will boot and I get a variety of boot error messages NTLDR is missing press CTRL ALT DEL to restart or some other boot message Once I manually restart Windows will start up normally but has recognized it shut down improperly I read it might have something to do with my boot order or the external so I removed that off the boot order list and made sure my SSD was my main hard drive and boots first I checked my system and CPU temps everything seems normal I am not sure what it could be I have a fully clean install The only thing rolling over is all my media files on my external But could my external really cause the system to crash like that I have no idea what it is and it seems Windows will run fine for a determined amount of time A few hours or more until it happens randomly Doesn't seem to be a pattern I also read NTLDR is only associated with Win XP and BOOTMGR is for Win so I don't know what is going on there I am going to take apart my machine later and check all the cables and everything but this is a pretty new machine with no previous problems I keep it clean but it's not to say I don't get malware viruses But if it was that you would think the format would take care of it And if it was my corrupt SATA causing it through the boot manager order that would be solved by removing it So far it's been hours and Windows is running fine Anyone have a scrap of an idea or had this problem before I know it's a bit vague and could be many things but I think it has something to do with my hard drives or it's a virus worm but I don't see how Thanks UPDATE Windows freezes around every hour or so forcing me to manually restart If I leave it frozen it will restart itself after a while giving me the quot NLTRD is missing quot error

A:Windows 7 blue screen crash/hard drive booting issue/NTLDR missing

Have you done an anti-virus scan?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252500-windows-7-blue-screen-crash-hard-drive-booting-issue-ntldr-missing.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Running Windows on my Samsung R I was watching catchup TV on the channel on demand site through Chrome browser when the Adobe Shockwave player crashed then I got a bluescreen When rebooted all the names of icons on the desktop had vanished though the icons remained and I cannot access any documents as folders are similarly without words only a few button shapes appear with nothing on them same with any menus some buttons appear but no text In by vanished Bluescreen followed text crash addition in Safe mode the taskbar at the bottom of the screen has expanded to take up half the screen and in both Safe and Normal mode I cannot access anything through Start button I tried a system restore to no avail Also ran Malware Bytes in Safe Mode which did not find anything and tried to run Windows Security Essentials but could not as working blind could not see where to click Ran ChkDsk by pressing F on startup and it did a few things e g correcting error in index for file and Recovering orphaned file but this seemed to make no difference Ran unhide exe which had no appreciable effect Still getting bluescreen crashes on opening any folder in Normal Mode and essentially cannot use any part of my laptop I had the E-Crime Police Unit virus on my laptop last year and you kind folk Bluescreen crash followed by vanished text helped me clear it then http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html Some of the symptoms of this current crash appear similar for Bluescreen crash followed by vanished text instance the hidden names details although I got no notification when trying to run the internet that I was infected as I did last time Is it possible that the virus has been lurking somewhere and has reemerged I d be very grateful for any input Loof

A:Bluescreen crash followed by vanished text

Hello,I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us Please do NOT run, install or uninstall any programs, unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post. Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process. Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.- Do NOT backup any unknown files ending in .exe, .com, .scr, .pif, and .bat since files of these types are more likely to be infected.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.----------------------------------------------Please do the following:Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click on change parametersUnder Objects to scan, check the boxes next to Verify file digital signatures, Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the full contents of that file in your next reply. - If the log is too long, then split it into multiple posts.Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Cli... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483796/bluescreen-crash-followed-by-vanished-text/
Relevancy 47.3%

I was just using my computer and out of nowhere it turned off. There wasn't a power outage. After turning the computer back on Chrome is displaying all websites in plain text (no Java script? It says it's enabled in plug ins section). Everything else with the computer seems to be working fine. I've attached two pictures showing how Facebook is displaying. One with the Java pane open.

A:Chrome displaying plain text after system crash

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/chrome-displaying-plain-text-after-system-crash-792114.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Good morning everyone,
I added an unbound text box to one of my reports in Access 2007. I am able to bring up my print preview screen as long as I do not close and reopen access. But as soon as I do I get an error message that says that the program has stopped working and will need to be closed. I have several reports in the database and this is the only one it does it to. I have no code entered in the control source the text box and if I delete the label of the text box (part that says 'Text36') and just keep the 'Unbound" part then it works fine. I have then tried to copy the information from one report to another and then added a new unbound text box and that seems to have solve the problem.

Can anyone explain to me what is happening ? Thanks.

A:Solved: Unbound text box label causes Access 2007 to crash

It sounds like the Text36 label was causing some kind of conflict in Access.
These things can happen for no obvious reason and all you can do is work around them.
Sometimes a Compact & Repair will help, but not very often.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unbound-text-box-label-causes-access-2007-to-crash.1095926/
Relevancy 46.44%

x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? -32bit
- the original installed OS on the system? - Vista home basic
- an OEM or full retail version?
- OEM = came pre-installed on system
- What is the age of system (hardware)? - 1 year
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) - 1 year (No)

A:Vista - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting - Vista crash during Gtalk, Skype

We'll need you to complete Steps 1-4 of this pinned topic: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/283154-vista-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-vista-crash-during-gtalk-skype.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a user that i using MS Outlook 2003

When a she tries to send out an email, there is some of the text missing when the email reaches the recipient. and when the person who received the mail hits the forward or reply button they see the missing text, and if they forward or reply to the mail, the person they send it to also has the text missing.

If anybody can help it wud be appreciated

A:Missing text

Is the message proof read before sending to make sure its not a broken keyboard or user error?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-text-354195.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
I can't create an empty text document. I right-clicked on my desktop, pointed on New and then I can't see the 'New Text Document' option. I was able to make empty text documents a few weeks ago, but now I can't because the option is lost from the menu. I guess some software modified it. How can I get it back? I thoroughly scanned using sfc/scannow but it doesn't work. Please help.

Thanks.

A:'New Text Document' missing?

Here you go buddy: NEW Context Menu - Edit for Desktop

Quote:
4. To restore all default items run this reg file:restore.reg

Let us know how it works for you.

Also see this one: New Context Menu - Remove & Restore Default Menu Items

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/77402-new-text-document-missing.html
Relevancy 45.58%

In adding text to a saved Wordpad .rtf document, upon re-opening it, in place of the new addition, there are lines of slashes-(previous entered text is okay). Is there a way of knowing if Wordpad is too full? When I use a word I know is in the newly added text in "Edit/Find on this page", that portion of the newly added text appears. Can I retrieve the slashed text? Thanks for any help!

Relevancy 45.58%

I recently bought a new Gateway laptop with Windows Vista but when I try to log into my school's blackboard, the text box, like the one I am typing in is completely missing and there is no scroll bar on the right. Another issue is that when I am logged in myspace, part of the comment section is cut off.

I am wondering if this is a formatting error that needs to be fixed. Please help!!

A:Missing text boxes

What browser? Are all settings at default and is scripting allowed by your firewall, your browser, and your anti-malware apps?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-text-boxes.689257/
Relevancy 45.58%

Sometimes when trying to print a document, specifically from Excel, we are experiencing "missing text" that is in the document, you can see it in Print Preview, but it will not print. Cells around this text print fine. Cells are not merged, even copied to a new workbook will not print, so workbook corruption shouldn't be it. I've checked all the cell options, used the format painter to replicate cells that print correctly, nothing. Not everything is affected, it is spotty at best, but annoying. Any ideas?

Specs: Windows XP, sometimes 98, Office 2000. Oki 7200C Printer

Thanks,

Drew

A:Missing text when printing?

You say the problem only occurs sometimes? Has the workbook in question ever printed correctly? Does this problem only relate to information contained in this specific workbook or have you seen this problem with other non-related workbooks in the past? Have you tried printing the workbook in question from another workstation or even to another printer? Have you tried selecting all the cells in the range you would like to print and choosing "Print Selection." from the file --> print menu ?

What is contained in the cells (text, number, etc.) Is there anything different about what is contained in those specific non-printing cells than the other cells in the workbook (i.e. - different font, etc.) Are these non-printing cells grouped close together or spread out across the workbook page and are the missing cells close to the page margins?

Are you sure that your printer in question is compatible with XP and the most current drivers are being used?
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-text-when-printing.164940/
Relevancy 45.58%

I've tried uninstalling everything and re-installing and nothing. The attachment is a screen shot of what I see. We have 2 Iphones. My husband has the 4 and I have the 5c. It does the same thing for both of them. Any help would be great. I just got mine and so need music and new ring tones let alone backing it up.

A:I-Tunes is missing text

Welcome to Seven Forums Terri G. Confirm that the Segoe UI Bold and Segoe UI Regular fonts are installed on the PC

iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting missing menus and text in iTunes

If they are missing, you can download the default fonts here:

How I restored my Windows 7 default fonts - withsteps.com

If they are present, make sure they are set to show

Fonts - Show and Hide

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/337652-i-tunes-missing-text.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Whats up with the missing text labels? Sometimes its my start menu sometimes its the right click menu.

A:Win 10 missing text labels.

can someone help me out here. this is a fresh install of windows 10.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/40689-win-10-missing-text-labels.html
Relevancy 45.58%

This is such an odd problem I hope someone can help!

I have a user, using windows xp, who when they are viewing an excel (office 2003) spreadsheet is missing two headers from this spreadsheet. The headers are located within cells b2 and c2. When you click in the individual cells, it appears as if there is nothing entered for those cells, however there has been texted entered previously. When you view this same spreadsheet on another user’s pc you can see the information within those cells. This only happens to one user, even when another user logs into his pc they are able to see the info within the cells.

I have checked all settings and help that I can find and nothing seems to be working, does anyone have any suggestions?

Relevancy 45.58%

in the add/remove panel of XP, the text under icons disappeared. the text was there previously. i donno wat happened.. how can i restore the text? see the screen shot in the attachment.. pls help!

A:text under icons missing in XP! Help!

Hi, The only way I know is to do a repair install but that means you would have to reinstall all the updates. I have never used them and suggest leave it go until you need to reinstall the OS.

Anyway wait and see if there is another answer over the next couple of days. Peace Mal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/text-under-icons-missing-in-xp-help.154211/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I didn't know which section would be best for this tread so i'm posting it there...
So my problem is that few days ago the option of creating new text file through rightclick of mouse has dissapeared.
concretly rightclick(context)->new-> textfile and this option is missing.
please can somebody help me solve this problem.
i have already checked registers and it seems to be all good

A:Missing New text file

Quote: Originally Posted by Bullet

Hi I didn't know which section would be best for this tread so i'm posting it there...
So my problem is that few days ago the option of creating new text file through rightclick of mouse has dissapeared.
concretly rightclick(context)->new-> textfile and this option is missing.
please can somebody help me solve this problem.
i have already checked registers and it seems to be all good

Bullet

there is a great tutorial on fixing that here Context Menu - Add Shortcuts with Icons

hope this helps

ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/27825-missing-new-text-file.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello!

I have the same problems as these guys in this threads I found on this forums.

Title Bar Text Messed Up - Can't Change Font Size

Issue With All Windows Title Text After Installing Theme

It was after installing a theme, long time ago, I can't do system restore now

Im thinking, maybe the fonts are messed up? I restored fonts to default in settings, but still the problem presists.

any ideas? Thanks for answers in advance

Jan

A:Title bar text missing

Ok the text is just brutally small and I cant increase size (Secret bump)

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/60476-title-bar-text-missing.html
Relevancy 45.58%

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3040/untitledjs5.png

u see..for some reason the text at the red is MISSING!! how do i get it back?? i ve done some research at google and find nothing can anyone help??

A:Solved: Missing TEXT

If the theme you have supports different colors for fonts, etc. it could be that the Inactive Title Bar color is exactly the same as the Font color. Change one or the other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-missing-text.587126/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Dell Dimension 8250, OS XP Professional. When I click on 'start' and then Dell Support I get nothing. I was able to boot up 'System Restore' from here but not now. There are other windows that appear, but contain no text or anything else. On line I have the same problem, in at least one instance I was able to get a usable window by using the Firefox browser. Can someone give me a hint as to the problem before I go stark raving mad?

A:Missing screens and text

Can you boot into safe mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-screens-and-text.378803/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

When I turn on my computer, I get to the Windows XP user account screen and all the text is in a Symbol format. I sign in and All the text under the icons, the start menu, the text in some windows is also in Symbol format. I do not understand how this happened. I do not know how to change it because I can't navigate around to try and fix it because all the text is in symbol form and I do not know where i am. Please help me!! Thanks!!!
Chris

A:Windows XP Text problem. Most text is in Symbol format. HELP!!!

Hard to say what happened, but I suspect that one of the system fonts has gone missing. Wihout being able to navigate, you better just do a repair installation unless you can navigate System Restore well enough to give it a try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-text-problem-most-text-is-in-symbol-format-help.218016/
Relevancy 45.15%

With our dell 4400 series computer and Windows XP home edition operating system when we print out text from info on the internet the result is a page that clips off about 8 or 10 characters on the right margin of all lines of type. This does not occur if the material offers a printable option but they seldom do. We have altered the page setup offered when clicking on "File" at the top brow by moving the margins but even when shifting the text to the left the problem persists. Our printer is a HP 952C.

A:Missing print on right side of text.

It is a known problem. You did the usual "help (not fix)" by modifying your page margins.

The next thing you might try, if you haven't already, is to change the page printout orientation to landscape, instead of portrait, (horizontal instead of vertical).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-print-on-right-side-of-text.387099/
Relevancy 45.15%

For some reason, all the text is no longer appearing in dialog boxes, such as printing, downloading, and installing--and even Avira status boxes. The buttons show up and the box border, but no text of any kind. I tried reinstalling Java and JRE and I tried all the personalization stuff. I even downloaded Ultimate UI Tweaker and nothing. Does anyone have suggestions. I'm fairly computer literate, but I'm no programmer. I tried a an MS-sanctioned registry cleaner, but aside from pointing out that I had errors, it didn't do much to repair anything.

A:Text is missing in dialog boxes

Tried a system restore and still nothing. Ran a registry scan, and severe problems. Any reliable registry repair freeware?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281509-text-missing-dialog-boxes.html
Relevancy 45.15%

So I thought having the Win7 Superbar would be cool in Vista, so I installed the uxthemepatcher, and not being satisfied with the results, I installed viglance. I didn't like that either, so I uninstalled both, and now I'm left with a taskbar that has icons, but no text beside them. I already changed the minwidth in the windowmetrics back from 56 to -255, but I can't seem to get the text back. I can't think of anything else, and SWMBO is a little very irritated.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

A:Taskbar - Icon text missing

Hmmm......Seems the uxthemepatcher is still installed...Need to get rid of that first...

*edit* It's the universal theme patcher...whoops...

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298379-taskbar-icon-text-missing.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Sometimes my text will turn blue or vanish completely.

Anyone have any idea why? I have included a screenshot however it doesn't just happen on Twitter, it can be anywhere.

Thanks

A:Text missing / blue tinted

Could be your monitor, try with a different monitor if you can, also check the VGA cable has any pins damaged, could be worth updating your display drivers too.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/text-missing-blue-tinted-617976.html
Relevancy 45.15%

hello people

recently,my windows start to make annoying problem.im currently using windows xp sp2.the problem occurs sometime after 1hour of using computer,sometimes it did not happen at all.i have ran nod32 antivirus,malwarebyte,spybot and found nothing. below is the screen shot of the error. i had to took the picture with my hp camera because when that 'problem' come, windows cannot do anything at all.cannot open application,shutdown.

http://img706.imageshack.us/i/26122009540.jpg/
http://img188.imageshack.us/i/26122009542.jpg/
http://img97.imageshack.us/i/26122009543.jpg/
http://img254.imageshack.us/i/26122009546.jpg/

can someone tell me what the problem is many thanks for helping me.

ps:sorry for my bad english

A:text missing, application error

no one has encountered the problem yet ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/text-missing-application-error.888364/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello!

I've developed a weird problem that maybe someone can help me solve: about a week ago, all of a sudden, when I went into Windows Explorer and then clicked on My Documents and then Thumbnail view. The text describing the folders and documents was missing! The same thing happened in My Pictures. However, both of these folders will display the titles in any other view (list, icon, etc). I have customized these files with photos from their contents for thumbnail view, but I did that many months ago, and I still had the title text then. My Documents and My Pictures are the only two folders that do this. All others in thumbnail show the title text. I haven't been able to figure out how to fix this. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Pekstrom

A:Missing Text in Thumbnail view

Quick answer: hold down the shift key while opening the folder.

Full details here (page 3 of 4, page links at the bottom if you want to read the full article).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-text-in-thumbnail-view-59718.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I seem to have stumbled across a problem. My Start Menu seems to have lost its text next to the Log Off/Shut Down Logos.

My Start Menu looks exactly the same as this one in the Link. I don`t think I used the Text Remover but I would like to revert these settings back to how they were as soon as possible.

http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/lofi...hp?t10351.html

GamingJon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-log-off-shut-down-text-next-to-logos-338435.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all,
when I use FF (version 16.0.2), Win 7 X64, to go to gmail.com to create, read my gmail at different times, when I get to the gmail home page & create a new msg or read one, it has boxes that are missing the text in them.

I can hold the cursor on a box and after a brief time it will give me the contents of the box, but it is really getting to be a pain in the neck to do this time and again. I don't know if there is a setting that is incorrect or what?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Cindy
pls see attached images of email screen.
Creating a new email:
Reading an existing email:

A:Missing text in boxes in gmail

Quote: Originally Posted by cutiepyie

Hi all,
when I use FF (version 16.0.2), Win 7 X64, to go to gmail.com to create, read my gmail at different times, when I get to the gmail home page & create a new msg or read one, it has boxes that are missing the text in them.

I can hold the cursor on a box and after a brief time it will give me the contents of the box, but it is really getting to be a pain in the neck to do this time and again. I don't know if there is a setting that is incorrect or what?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Cindy
pls see attached images of email screen.
Creating a new email:
Attachment 242258

Reading an existing email:
Attachment 242262

Hi I can see your problem, must be quite annoying as there is so many boxes!

Do you happen to have any plugins/themes installed?

Anything you installed recently prehaps a particular program/plugin?

Edit: Do you have AVG safe searched enabled? Taking a punt here but seen this

Have you tried?

Quote:
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"

Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).

Source

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/265427-missing-text-boxes-gmail.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Using OE 6 and also Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5 I am receiving emails with missing body text.
I've already tried to post this once but the page redirected me so I had to reload.
I don't seem to have a 'Restore defaults' for either OE or Mozilla T'bird
I've run sfc\scannow (using winXP Home)
I've turned off the option use the unsafe file list
In T'bird I've tried View\Character encode\Autodetect No
I've tried showing attachments inline
I've tried reading emails in plain text
I'm temporarily at a loss as to my next move ?
Chris

A:Body Text Missing(RESOLVED)

Hi chriscross1

Might want to rule out malware infections first --- try the 5-Step Security Checklist (even if you don't need to post a HiJackThis log) --- http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...kthis-log.html

Once the system checks out clean as a whistle,
1) Save your current email folders to removable media.
2) Uninstall Thunderbird.
3) Uninstall Outlook Express --- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/263837 --- it's easy = scroll down to the Windows XP instructions
4) Try a Registry Cleaner (see the CCleaner note below)
5) Reinstall Thunderbird
6) Reinstall Outlook Express
7) Check for updates for both Thunderbird & Outlook Express & install them.
8) Test.

To try CCleaner to clean up
1) You can download CCleaner here --- http://www.download.com/CCleaner/300...-10315544.html
2) Run the "Cleaner" functions to clean up temp files & other accumulating unnecessary files. Then run the "Issues" functions to clear up problems in the Registry. Run the "Issues" functions until CCleaner reports "no issues found"

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/body-text-missing-resolved-135897.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I've never seen a problem like this before today. While browsing the web with either IE or Firefox, there is a small to medium amount of the text that does not appear. The page formatting is in order, only the display of text is in error. Even when highlighted its still invisible, but appears when copied and pasted. I can include screen shots if needed, but I don't know how to explain it any better.

A:Web page partial text missing...

Here is what I see, when I view the post I just made.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/anewn/screen1.jpg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-page-partial-text-missing.454437/
Relevancy 45.15%

Sometimes, when I open a folder, all of the icons will be missing the text
underneath. For example, when I open C: under My Computer, the icons for
"Windows" and "Program Files" will be there but the actual words will be
missing. If I re-open C:, the words might appear, or not, it seems
completely random to me. I've tried all of the different "View" options,
from Extra Large Icons to Tiles and everything in-between and it is still
happening. I have the latest video drivers (GeForce 6800), latest Direct X,
and all of the current updates installed. I have 2GB of memory, and a P4
3.4Ghz processor. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it, it is
driving me crazy.

A:Icons missing text occasionally

Any ideas? If I were to guess, I think it's being caused by a conflicting setting somewhere due to the complete randomness of the text being there or not being there. Try as I might, I can't seem to find anything though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/icons-missing-text-occasionally.548071/
Relevancy 45.15%

One morning my firefox would hangup and crash when opening some website I would then forcefully shut it down and restart it and it would hang again if I would restore the old pages I thought to update firefox and I got the option to update from v to v When I updated the pages that would hangup the browser Text Missing Win7 Dialog Box would now open but with text not appearing I cannot remember those websites specifically now that all of them open in the latest version But one link I remember is this Dialog box buttons text is missing and Microsoft management - Microsoft Answers This link would hangup the browser v But after update to v it now opens but appears like in the screenshot bellow Notice the text in search box and bellow the Dialog Box Text Missing Win7 post Dialog Box Text Missing Win7 Apart from this I notice this text missing in some dialog boxes like - when saving files in some applications and also during installations of Programs Screenshot examples bellow I would really love to find a solution to all this Thank you so much

A:Dialog Box Text Missing Win7

First, you need to make sure Malware is not affecting your system. Download this,

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.50.1 - FileHippo.com

install it, update the database and run a FULL scan.

If it finds anything, post the log here.

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/160170-dialog-box-text-missing-win7.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have vista home premium installed in my laptop. everything was fine till i noticed a problem in the "network and sharing center". The detail of the problem is mentioned below, it is related to wireless network:

when network icon is clicked it gives " connect to a network" and second option " network and sharing center". when network and sharing center is clicked it opens a new window which shows the laptop connected to the wireless network.In that window there are text like "access", "view status" and "disconnect". In my case the " view staus" and "disconnect" text is not visible because of this i am not able to see the details of the network like speed, IP address, driver, etc. How to enable the link text

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/view-status-text-missing-255764.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I've never had this problem before so I a saved Missing document text on don't know if it's got to do with how Windows is set up if there's a bug with OneDrive or what but I spent all day typing up a document- saving it several times throughout -before I saved it one last time to unplug my computer and take it to my bedroom When I plugged it back in again started it up and opened the document to go over it again the entire document was blank I could highlight a huge chunk of the paper but there were no words no indentations and no separate paragraphs My font had been Calibri and now it says that it's Courtier New What's happened OneDrive online won't even open it Missing text on a saved document and when I copy the invisible text to a new page to see if the page itself is maybe corrupt the only thing that pastes is one line like someone tapped the enter button on a brand new page This frustrates me to no end and it's happened before In the past I've caught it quickly enough that I can access Missing text on a saved document it on OneDrive before it updates itself online and I can save it But the messed up file updated itself too fast for me to salvage anything this time In the past I've also had this happened when I attempt to open OneDrive too quickly after restarting my computer The whole page is blank because the text hasn't been loaded yet because my computer was still connecting with OneDrive or something but then all I had to do was wait and open the document again and it would be fine But now Is it really anything to do with the cloud or is it maybe my writting program Which I hadn't had issues with before but then again OneDrive had been perfectly fine before also It's just frustrating because now I've got to type it all up again and I feel like I wasted my entire day

A:Missing text on a saved document

Which program are you using for writing. Also you say that "could highlight a huge chunk of the paper, but there were no words, no indentations, and no separate paragraphs" Font maybe set to white so it's invisible, can you change it's color in that program ? What kind of text file is it ? Can you open it with another text editor ?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/49803-missing-text-saved-document.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I successfully have "Speech recognition" working with no issues..however, when trying to use "Text to speech", there is no sound. I made sure it was set for my system...same one used for "recognition". Any ideas? thank you

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/304201-text-speech-sound-missing.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Dunno how but suddenly lost 'Text Document' from the 'New' menu (as in right-clicking the desktop and selecting 'New')

Durned if I can find a fix with Google - anyone here able to give me a clue?

TX

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/text-document-missing-from-new-menu.330550/
Relevancy 44.72%

I changed from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007 and found, even in compatability mode,
some data are missing from some shapes (circles). I noted the rectangles and
octagons seem ok?

How do I restore the data, (it appears to be on the wrong layer or some such,
as when go to replace it, with edit text, the text is there)?

see attached image (the small circles in columns should have numbers in them
like 14 has (the first column is 1-7 second is 8-14 etc).

Thanks in advance

Fuzzy2

Relevancy 44.72%

I ve been getting a few emails using Outlook where the emails text missing the with 2007 Outlook text is missing when I open it but when it in first in the inbox the auto preview shows some of the text there Several years ago we had this problem and it back when we had Win and had upgraded to IE and we had to extract mlang dll from the Win installation CD and replace it Mosaic posted quot mlang dll is one of the files which is updated when IE is If you have extracted a copy from the installation disk you have the wrong version of it I use IE SP and the version is Outlook 2007 with emails missing the text Back then I got no emails with text this time it appears sporatic I ve scanned the computer with AVG SUPERAntispyware Malwarebytes and all is well Any suggestions Cowboy ASUSTeK Computer INC Rampage III Formula Rev xx Motherboard gigahertz Intel Core i CPU GB Ram Windows Home Premium x build NVIDIA GeForce GTX Display adapter nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-with-emails-missing-the-text.964338/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Guys

In my pictures, thumbnail view, the text that names each folder has dissapeared. Any idea how to get this back.

ITs fine in Detail, or list view, just thumbnail view

Thanks

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thumnail-view-text-details-missing.411234/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi
I have just received my Acer Aspire 1690 Laptop back from Acer after repairs (was freezing all the time - they replaced optical drive, hard drive and mainboard).

I am re-installing all my software but every now and then when a dialogue bx appears with a choice of buttons to click on there is no text so I don't know what buttons do what.

It doesn't happen every time but seems to happen when the dialogue boxes and buttons are not the standard windows type but ones made by the software (ie. they may be bigger than usual) - if that makes sense?!

Here's some examples:

Anyone come across this problem before? Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks for any help in advance.

A:Missing text on buttons/dialogue boxes - help!

I have never seen this before but it may be a Windows setting. Right click on you desktop, click Properties, click the Appearance tab, then the Advanced button. You may have to do this on another PC first to find which buttons to click if they are all grey.

Click the OK button in the Message box near the center of the Window. Then look at the lower Color box (above the Cancel button). The box should be black. If not you can change it. Then OK to close the windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-text-on-buttons-dialogue-boxes-help.768479/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi
I have just received my Acer Aspire 1690 Laptop back from Acer after repairs (was freezing all the time - they replaced optical drive, hard drive and mainboard).

I am re-installing all my software but every now and then when a dialogue bx appears with a choice of buttons to click on there is no text so I don't know what buttons do what.

It doesn't happen every time but seems to happen when the dialogue boxes and buttons are not the standard windows type but ones made by the software (ie. they may be bigger than usual) - if that makes sense?!

Here's some examples:

Anyone come across this problem before? Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Might be a font problem. I once had the text "start" from the start button disappear after I installed a program (close combat 3 trial) that overwrote the font (Windows file protection kicked in and fixed that, but I had to reboot).
Not sure which font(s) are affected, nor even the procedure to re-install lost fonts. You can always look in your control panel (classic view), fonts and make sure everything is there (though I wouldn't know just by looking what should be included).
These links may help
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/winxp.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314960

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-text-on-buttons-dialogue-boxes-help-312027.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I don't know what I did but the new text document is missing when I right click on the desktop. I've read all the relevant posts here in this forum and downloaded many .reg files but none of them works. The shellnew key exists and everything else looks good but the new text document option is just missing! Is there any other way I can fix it? Thanks!!!

A:New Text Document missing from context menu

Try the solutions in this thread.

'New Text Document' missing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/99490-new-text-document-missing-context-menu.html
Relevancy 44.72%

What do I do when all the page tabs below my work are missing. I can't find how to get them back. It is impossible to edit my work when I can't flow extra text to the next page. Any help will be much appreciated. lilart

A:Page tabs missing for text flow

To paraphrase JohnWill a bit, we would like to help you but we are not clairvoyant. Kind of hard to try to provide a solution if we don't even know what program you are talking about.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/page-tabs-missing-for-text-flow.546697/
Relevancy 44.72%

I tried to open an RTF file a few hours ago, and it crashed word about halfway through opening. I then reopened word and found that all of the text options (File, Edit, View, etc) from the toolbar are gone and that there are only icons left on the toolbars. I tried fiddling with the toolbar options to reset it, and I even reinstalled word, but the damn text pulldown menus are still gone. What can I do to get them back?

A:Word 2000 Text menu is missing

Hi RevAnthony,
Welcome to TSG. Sounds like you have a corrupted normal.dot file. Make sure Word is closed and run a search for normal.dot. It is a hidden file, so you may have to set your search to show hidden files and folders. Delete any instances of it that you find. Re-open Word, and normal.dot will be recreated. Your menus should be back. Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2000-text-menu-is-missing.498970/
Relevancy 44.72%

Crap Cleaned files and registry NTDLR Missing Hi I ran CCleaner and cleaned up my sons Text NTDL on missing screen!! - inledgible troubled PC troubled in that it would hardly run SLOW then after a short while the BSOD would appear prior to the PC crashing so I Uninstalled at least a half dozen programs that shouldn t be there NTDL missing - inledgible Text on screen!! disabled a few things from the Startup NTDL missing - inledgible Text on screen!! menu After cleaning it up running MSE scan finding nothing I restarted the PC and thats where the trouble started After starting up my win XP PC it stops saying NTDLR is missing press Alt Ctrl Del to restart I run win XP restore at the win XP setup blue screen I find it hard to read And instead of a double underline below Windows Setup it vertical lines about a half inch long crossing over the double lines Instead of it saying Windows it say Vindnws XP Hn Ddithon Rettp The rest of the writing on the screen is also the same garbled Actually all the screens are this way The DOS screens are also the same garbled Going back to my NTDLR problem I tried to do the restore from the win XP CD and it couldn t find the file Memory is ok I really need to figure out the display bit being clear difficult to read Its like reading a different language almost Checked the video VGA cable hooked it up to my other tower It worked just fine plugged it back it to the XP tower same issue Then I re-seated the video card I don t have a different one to try Memory ok VGA cable ok connects to a diff pc Looks great Bootcfg Fixboot Worried about the warning message makes me not to want to write a new boot concerned about losing my data So I didn t run Didn t run this What should I do My son says that he has a bunch of photos his MP s iTunes Plus some school work Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I have been having this relatively minor problem for quite some time now What happens is that occasionally the text cursor does not appear in the password boxes on the XP home page This means that I can not log on to any account with a password while the problem persists There are only two ways I have discovered to stop the problem from persisting A I log on and off of an account without a password temporary fix that does not always work B I restart the computer again temporary but surefire While one would assume this means B is the better option it is not necessarily it means that I am unable to save anything that may be open on any passworded accounts Obviously I am using Windows XP I have had this problem since I have used this computer It was someone else s before so I can not get an accurate quot medical history quot Any help would be greatly appreciated CultistO

A:Missing Text Cursor On The Xp Home Page

I had this problem about a year ago. It was intermittent but when it happened I also had to reboot to get it back, then I found that if I pressed CTR-ALTor maybe it was Control (I can't remember for sure) a box appeared asking if I had forgotten my passport this box would accept it and I could then sign in without the reboot. I tried several times to get advice on how to fix this without luck.

I persevered with it for a while then while following a tutorial on something completely unrelated I found that in Control Panel-Sounds and Audio- Sounds, I had less entries listed in my account than my daughter(who shares this PC with me had in hers). I had previously noticed that certain sounds ie that rustling sound you get when you empty your Recycle bin had disappeared. Anyway to cut a long story short I posted the problem on a couple of sites and got a reply from a guy at AumHa Forums who walked me through how to delete my sounds and copy and import my daughters. This solved that problem for me and also since then I have never had a vanishing sign in cursor either. I don't know enough about PC's to know how they were related but it solved the problem for me.

Not sure if this is any help but it won't do any harm to have a look.

I

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129255/missing-text-cursor-on-the-xp-home-page/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have my network set up correctly but when I print from the networked laptop the printer only prints partial text -- almost every other line in a doc. Got a solution for me?

A:Missing text when printing via wireless network

The first thing that I would check is if using the correct drivers for the printer.

Have you tried a "print test page" option from the properties of this printer on the laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-text-when-printing-via-wireless-network.439453/
Relevancy 44.72%

re: Outlook Express
After an 'upgrade' to IE from 7 to 8, we lost OE6. I've reverted back to 7, and got OE back but now there is no ability to draft new emails or READ ANY TEXT in the body of older received emails. I CAN see the subject line but not the message text.
We've switched over to webmail through our ISP, but want to recover some of the older mails that exist now appear as subject lines only.
Help?

A:Outlook Express missing text in body

in my experience, when OE will show you the Subject, but not the email it means that your dbf (inbox.dbf, sent items.dbf, etc) is corrupt. Try creating a new folder under "Local Folders" and moving some email to that folder. that should take care of the problem. keep your dbf files as small as possible, OE does not handle large files very well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/outlook-express-missing-text-in-body-394203.html
Relevancy 44.72%

HiI have just received my Acer Aspire 1690 Laptop back from Acer after repairs (was freezing all the time - they replaced optical drive, hard drive and mainboard).I am re-installing all my software but every now and then when a dialogue bx appears with a choice of buttons to click on there is no text so I don't know what buttons do what.It doesn't happen every time but seems to happen when the dialogue boxes and buttons are not the standard windows type but ones made by the software (ie. they may be bigger than usual) - if that makes sense?!Here's some examples:Anyone come across this problem before? Anyone know how to fix it?Thanks for any help in advance.

First thing I would recommend is to make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/179448/missing-text-on-buttonsdialogue-boxes-help/
Relevancy 44.72%

Yesterday something happened to my PC. I couldn't even load it. I think startup files has been seriously damaged. Luckily I could fix this by using Windows latest successful configuration. But then when I saw my desktop, icons of files where missing but it's name remained. It's still like that right now. I had done a lot of Googling but I couldn't repair it. I used several softwares like Dll-Files fixer, Ccleaner. Also I tried sfc /scannow, But nothing has changed at all.

Can you help me with this problem?

Thanks.

A:Desktop icons are missing but text remains

Tweaking.com's Windows Repair (All in One), unclick the defaults and try only the one to rebuild icons.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368543-desktop-icons-missing-but-text-remains.html
Relevancy 44.72%

OK so let s see if I can make this make sense Person A created a MS Word doc saved as DOC Person A is using MS Office Pro now but Solved: 2007 Missing Text MS Word this is a file they ve had Solved: MS Word 2007 Missing Text for many years The entire file is fine on other computers Person B opens the file and part of the text is missing With text missing if I print that page from computer B it shows the missing text Person A Operating System MS Windows bit Office Version MS Office Pro Person B Operating System MS Windows bit Office Version MS Office Pro If I open the file on my computer which is MS Office the entire document is there I ve tried to save it on my computer as a DOCX format but get the same results On computer B I have tried to repair MS Office but get the same results On computer B did an uninstall amp reinstall of MS Office but same results The file we ve tried so far today is not the only document that is doing this But Person B is the only one that is missing text from the documents Everyone else in the office that try the files are fine Person B has full access to tiles amp folders where the files are Any other thoughts as to how to solve this would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a user that is missing text from incoming messages The more Messages XP) From (Outlook Missing Incoming Text the mails are replied to the more text disappears or distorts It s from several different locations The emails seem to be Missing Text From Incoming Messages (Outlook XP) coming in HTML They often get this string of code at the beginning of the message v behavior url default VML o behavior url default VML w behavior url default VML shape behavior url default VML In the body of the message text that Missing Text From Incoming Messages (Outlook XP) was typed normally Missing Text From Incoming Messages (Outlook XP) will appear in a different colour a different font or not at all It doesn t matter what format -- Plain Text Rich Text or HTML I ve copied over a dll from a computer without issues can t remember the dll read it in the groups and we have AV software but it isn t picking anything up Any ideas This is the second user this is happening with and it s happening more and more consistently The user has Win XP Pro Office XP and we run Win NT SP w Exchange nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-text-from-incoming-messages-outlook-xp.113231/
Relevancy 44.29%

Dear I noticed that skype has send to all skype in skype send to scan cannot - account spam skype safety contacts all page load contacts a certain link to one contact even multiply links this all happens on the same day th december from - I haven't seen any spam send anymore after that Skype support told me to reset my password I did and to download safety scanner from microsoft they proviced me with the link spam send in skype account to all skype contacts - cannot load page safety scan when I try to open the link the browser cannot load the page it is stuck in a loop sometimes I see a page but just for a second or even less then mostly white page and browser keeps trying to load the page and in chrome a little shield symbol on the right side of the address bar says that it's trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources this message dissappears very quickly I have skype installed on two laptops and on my smartphone iphone The problem I told about is on one laptop that has no antivirus I did not yet checked the other laptop if the microsoft page opens or not but I do have bitdefender internet security paid installed on the second laptop I want to be sure the laptop that has the problem is virusfree Scanresultaten van Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Versie - - Gestart door Momo Beheerder op MOMOSONYLAPTOP - - Gestart vanaf C Users Momo Desktop Geladen Profielen Momo Beschikbare Profielen Momo amp Nora amp MomoSurf Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Taal Nederlands Nederland Internet Explorer Versie Standaardbrowser Chrome Boot Modus Normal Handleiding voor Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processen gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist het proces zal worden gesloten Het bestand zal niet worden verplaatst AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Advanced Micro Devices C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Reservation Manager AMD Reservation Manager exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Atheros C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exe Atheros Commnucations C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AdminService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe AnchorFree Inc C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin cmw srv exe AnchorFree Inc C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin hsswd exe Paramount Software UK Ltd C Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe Popcorn Time C Program Files x Popcorn Time Updater exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer exe Conexant Systems Inc C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe Atheros Communications C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite BtvStack exe Atheros Commnucations C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AthBtTray exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe PIXELA CORPORATION C Program Files x PIXELA VideoBrowser CameraMonitor exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Evernote Corp Walnut St... Read more

A:spam send in skype account to all skype contacts - cannot load page safety scan

I downloaded the safety scanner from microsoft from my other laptop without any issue.

copied it to a usb, put it on the problem laptop, a full scan and nothing found.

I realize I did had a antivirus paid version (kaspersky internet securuity) on the laptop, as I first said that it had no antivirus.

I only disabled it because it had problems running.

Now I enabled it, updated it and run a full scan. nothing found.

I don't know if skype is the cause and not a virus?  the skype workers told me that the cause could be anything (email, virus on computer).

I mostly use skype on iphone, and here I'm confused with what the skype workers said: one said that iphone can not be infected, so no need to check the iphone.
an other said: you can download an app from app store to scan for viruses, because it is possible that the virus is on the iphone.

This is really not clear anymore.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600944/spam-send-in-skype-account-to-all-skype-contacts-cannot-load-page-safety-scan/