Windows Support Forum

Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee

Q: Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee

My problem started much like Screen/Blue problem Black previous Screen much Busybee poster, like that of Busybee with files being deleted orphan files being restored and security something or other however after reboot from CD and running Startup Repair the tests all appear to be OK except quot Root Cause Found - Volume on disk is corrupt quot Result Completed successfully Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee Error Code x At this point the pc goes through the never ending sequence of trying to boot up black screen then blue screen etc Medion MD Multimedia Home Entertainment Design Centre Operating System Windows Vista bit service pack C Gb Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee HD with D Gb restore using Gb Gb Ram Disk Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee failure diagnosis test result OK Most recent change made a day or so prior to the crash was retuning digital tv tuner when the changeover from Analog to Digital signal was needed to update channels here in UK The screen shows quot No Signal Analog quot at beginning and end of reboot sequence The black screen suggests this may be a recent hardware or software issue and advises removal of any recent changes but as I cannot get into the system let alone the control panel I am unable to remove or disable anything Would really appreciate being able to at least recover my files and as I am unable to access the operating system either by safe mode safe mode with command prompt or a normal reboot would welcome any advice about how I can achieve this I have a laptop also running Vista bit if that would be of any help in accessing the files Would welcome any advice on offer I am not a computer whizkid but reasonably competent user since Win Thank you for taking the time to consider my problem and I look forward to hearing any thoughts ideas solutions you can provide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-blue-screen-problem-much-like-previous-poster-busybee.1003191/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 109.65%

Hi CPU Intel Core QUAD Motherboard AsRock x TurboTwins Ram DDR x GB GHz brand Hynix GPU ATI HD PSU Corsair W OS Windows Custom previous screen black in screen after goes blue The (even BIOS) build I installed Civilization and directX as well because I was asked to The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) during the installation After few minutes of being in the game a blue screen popped up I do not know what message was on there I restarted the computer and system recommended to run the fix mode I launched it and after a while I was advised to bring the settings back to the restore point I acknowledged this but then all I saw was a black screen Since then after The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) each restart the screen goes black If I manage to go to BIOS after - seconds the screen goes black I cannot even reinstall Windows Those - seconds in BIOS are The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) enough to check the temperatures on CPU and MB they are around degrees Celsius so overheating is not the problem I connected the monitor with my laptop and it works so monitor is fine There are no loose connections There is no dust and debris - this system is months old Problem might be in the graphics card Several weeks ago the screen used to go grey after playing Fallout for - minutes I disabled the audio on the card and that solved the problem However Windows still indicated that there is something wrong with the GPU on the other hand drivers were up-to-date Can anyone help please Or let me know what you think might be wrong Thanks nbsp

A:The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS)

Since you are having a graphics issue in both the BIOS startup screen and while Windows is open, it does sound like a graphics card problem and not a driver problem. Do you have another graphics card to substitute for test purposes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-screen-goes-black-after-previous-blue-screen-even-in-bios.158751/
Relevancy 92.88%

i am using hp pavillion nbsp g - tx last day i nbsp formatted nbsp my windows win ultimate so i downloaded all the drivers installed it after when i restarted after installing the graphics nbsp driver of AMD the screen nbsp are showed nbsp driver not properly installed after couple driver problem, blue ... display screen black out , screen then of minutes the screen will be black out and will be back in secthen after couple of minutes the screen will be turned blue with some display driver problem, screen black out , then blue screen ... writing nbsp and it will restart and happen the same process seeing this i went to safe mode and uninstalled the AMD graphics nbsp nbsp then restarted it then there was no screen black outs or blue screen but the laptop was working slow as mb ram but i am having gb ram i tried to install intel graphics then the answer was this laptop cant meet the nbsp requirements so i tried to install from internet nbsp site of AMD as well as INTEL but no change was done so i hope there will be a solution for this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/display-driver-problem-screen-black-out-then-blue-screen/td-p/5780896
Relevancy 88.15%

A few times now I have been in internet explorer and then the screen with go back and forth from black screen back to internet screen and back and forth between the 2 for a few minutes and then will hit me with a blue screen with a bunch of writing on it and then will restart. It seems to run fine after the computer restarts itself but this has happened a few times now!

A:Screen flips back and forth from black screen to normal then blue screen

Welcome,
Can you provide a few details [remember we can't see or touch your system] about the hardware and software?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538659/screen-flips-back-and-forth-from-black-screen-to-normal-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello. I got a Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.1, 2xDVI-I, 1xnative-HDMI, DisplayPort, Lite-Retail graphics card. Recently I recieved a problem on my computer. I tried to fix it with re-installing windows, but it didn't help. It seems that when I download my graphicscard driver this problem appears, and when I delete or disable the driver my computer works 100% fine. So Im wondering if the problem is my graphicscard, and if I should get a new one? Sorry for bad english

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-or-black-screen-problem.1116253/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I am trying to fix an HP G - DX Notebook PC Operating to safe From then screen screen and lock blue blink black mode, caps sys Win bit AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Processor GB GHz I had this laptop since December of and on June of is when I used my notebook PC and was initially of no use I have been working on my laptop on and off since I am not afraid to open the sucker up and get this thing up and running The problem started out with what most ppl call it the quot blue screen of death quot Like most ppl I did ignore the blue screen and did a restart which brought me to the normal Windows screen From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink and then it would start back up just fine I found this in Device From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink Manager s Hidden Files Non-Plug and Play Drivers - ehdrv - epfwwfp - Security Processor Loader Driver I am not sure if it has anything to do with what it was the blue screen situation but I tried searching on the net on what it all meant and to see if I was able to fix it but before I was able to do something about it the blue screen kept From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink popping up and it was getting worse The problem progressed to where on Windows startup it would just stop there blue screen would pop up and of course I had to restart it and do an F key press for Safe Mode I had to work on Safe Mode for a good couple of weeks before I can figure out the problem s I believe I had went into the system and found out it had something to do with some kind of error sigh I did write it down but that was like a month ago and I am unable to locate my notes It s frustrating being careless Any way my notebook PC will not start at all I did remove the battery and left the adapter plugged in to removing the adapter and doing a hard reset no justice The notebook would sound like it is about to start but all you can hear is the fan running and the lights with the caps lock blink sequence of ONCE every - seconds no beeping sound I may have changed something though I went as far as learning how to properly with the static free bracelette unscrewed the laptop apart to see if cleaning the fan would be the cause of it Nothing happened but instead of the caps lock blinking ONCE every - seconds it would blink TWICE every - seconds So I went back and checked if everything was put back together memory stick and such and now when i restart it it would BEEP times and the caps lock would blink THRICE every - seconds And so here I am Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-blue-screen-to-safe-mode-then-black-screen-and-caps-lock-blink.1104596/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi I am having several problems with my computer wondering if I am infected with something First noticed the computer running slowly Then began freezing all the time Then noticed that when I switch to a new internet page at times I notice a small black screen that will pop-up or flash on the page but only for a second almost like you'd get on a quot run command quot type scrren if that makes sense Also I keep getting a security options failure It seems this only comes after the computer freezes and I try to hit alt control delete to bring up task manager I have tried to run Norton Anti-virus and spybot I've used CCleaner to remove unnecessary files clean The virus software finds in popping Infected? black screen and background, freezing Blue up slow screen, nothing unusual usually some cookies with tracking but no virus Any ideas Infected? Blue screen, black screen popping up in background, freezing and slow Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC hp support hpsysdrv exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC Windows System wpcumi exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Works Shared WkCalRem exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC hp kbd kbd exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Electronic Arts EADM Core exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Windows system sdclt exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Windows explorer exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar no name - EAB C -F EC- b -A BA-D BCAE C - no file O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar ... Read more

A:Infected? Blue screen, black screen popping up in background, freezing and slow

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250782/infected-blue-screen-black-screen-popping-up-in-background-freezing-and-slow/
Relevancy 82.99%

Windows appears to load normally until reaching the logon screen at which point 2 quick cmd windows flash on the screen and i'm left with a cursor and a plain blue screen.

No access to task manager through ctrl+alt+del.

I was thinking it's a video card problem until i plugged in an external monitor and saw a windows error box pop up saying that the program running requires that you not be on battery power.

Pulled the drive and scanned with avast and malwarebytes which found nothing.

Inserted Vista DVD but the repair function is only able to find the HP Restore partition and is unable to locate any backups.

The system runs "mini XP" from Hirens Boot without a problem, but no diagnostics that i ran have been able to find any issues...

Ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371560/vista-boots-into-blue-screen-w-cursor-black-screen-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 82.99%

Previously it showed Blue Screen every time I boot my Y460; few seconds after the Window Logo. No matter how many times I reformate, it still showing Blue Screen, indicating STOP 0x00000116 and atikmpag.sys error. Subsequently, I went into the BIOS and changed the settings on the graphics switchable to discrete graphics. However its getting worst now because there is no display (totally black with no background light) every time I on my y460. Hence I need assistance and solutions, thanks.

A:URGENT LENOVO Y460 previously Blue Screen now Black Screen

closing duplicate, please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1117670-urgent-lenovo-y460-previously-blue.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-lenovo-y460-previously-blue-screen-now-black-screen.1117669/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi all Starting Messages, on Black startup Error with Screen Blue Blank Screen yesterday my computer would go through startup while loading the desktop it would crash to blue screen with white text unfortunately I can t remember the exact error Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup message If restarted it Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup either goes to a blank black screen or back to blue and I could only get the computer to operate in safe mode with networking My antivirus software avast free malwarebytes scanned and found no infections I have Windows Samsung laptop Today I was Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup able to start the computer normally and am functioning with internet still acting a little funny but I am sure something is still not right I also did a system restore last night with the same problems crashing not starting up Any assistance would be highly appreciated Thanks in advance Brit PS I goofily started a similar topic in the quot Windows quot forum section without knowing this section was down here Sorry I tried to delete the topic post but couldn t Thanks

A:Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup

Hello,I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us Please do NOT run, install or uninstall any programs, unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post. Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process. Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.----------------------------------------------Please do the following:Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click on change parametersUnder Objects to scan, check the box next to Loaded modulesIf you are asked to reboot, then click Yes.NextCheck the boxes next to Loaded modules, Verify file digital signatures, Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the full contents of that file in your next reply.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automati... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467144/blue-screen-with-error-messages-blank-black-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron and today I suddenly got a blue screen error message the main message said quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot After rebooting I got the same message Then on the next reboot I couldn't get to the login screen I used my Dell error, 6000 on screen help! screen Inspiron Blue now - black boot, OS Recovery CD that I created to try and repair Windows XP It asked for a place to partition fragment Windows and then it went through copying files etc After that I tried to restart I got the Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! normal Dell Boot screen but then it went to a black screen with only a flashing cursor in the top Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! left hand corner I cannot do the Ctrl Alt F option to recover Windows XP I can only either choose F or F at the initial boot screen Please help I really do not know what to do What is the blue screen error message all about I haven't installed any software or hardware so I do not see what might of caused the problem Help

A:Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help!

Do you have another windows xp cd you can get your hands on? I recommend performing a checkdisk repair on your computer and see if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/inspiron-6000-blue-screen-error-now-black-screen-on-boot-help-231776.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello.

Just today, I turned on my computer and got the blue screen of death, so I restarted my PC. Then a black screen came up saying "Windows could not start beacuse the following file is missing or corrupt : \windows\system32\config\system."

You can attempt to repair this file by putting the winxp cd in etc...

Now when i turn on my computer there is just a black screen showing, with nothing at all on it.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much for your help.

A:Blue screen of death, boot problems, black screen startup

It's a nasty error that requires some persistance and resourcefullness to overcome without a clean install.

If you have a Windows CD or have the recovery console installed, you might want to have a go at these directions.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307545

Forum example of a successful recovery here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195985

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-boot-problems-black-screen-startup.382012/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello and thanks for reading I have a year old HP pavilion dv series laptop running windows Yesterday I turned it on and it started normally but when I tried to browse on Firefox it gave me the blue screen for the first time ever and it shut down Fearing I had a virus I ran it in safe mode blinking Laptop blue cursor crash HP screen screen black with now and started a scan and began HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor transporting my pictures via Dropbox just in case it died on me Sure enough a weird error message couldnt HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor figure out what program made the message pop up popped up saying I had a bunch of urgent viruses I didn t click on it at all and before I couldn t think of what to do the blue screen popped up and it shut down When I tried to restart it the HP splash sign popped up and the screen flickered black and a blinking HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor cursor started in the upper left corner So this is where I stand now Black screen with blinking cursor Set default setting in BIOS didn t work and F safe mode or F system restore does nothing The black screen just stays there Any ideas Is it a gonner I m hoping to get back on and get my pictures if possible Help please nbsp

A:HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor

sounds like a bug -click report and ask to move to malware forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-blue-screen-crash-now-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1033666/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi thanks startup, death Black at Solved: all blue with began screen screen a of for checking Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen my question I haven t found an answer to my particular situation Dell xps m laptop w vista It all started with a blue screen w scrolling text after the fated restart The blue screen text said quot if this is the first time you ve seen this message quot and then comp restarted again showing the blue screen then restarted into windows repair mode after repair mode tried to fix Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen the problem comp restarted then the screen went black blank right after the little windows loading animation where the bar keeps moving from left to right and there s a small windows logo It all happened fast so there may have been steps I forgot but that s the jist of it Now screen always goes black blank during startup after the windows loading animation so I can t start windows in normal mode I can start in safe mode if I manually force shutdown by holding the power button so I m not imploding with fear ok I am Possible causes This occured right after installing vista updates that restart was when I saw the blue screen Also occured the restart after running a patch called quot Vista TCP IP and UAC AutoPatch quot I downloaded it from softpedia the developer was listed as defcon and their website listed was securevista net but the site is down I found this out after the problem occured The patch had lots of positive reviews and lots of people on other sites also suggest using it to remove the limit of tcp connections which windows unnecessarily imposes Removing the limit supposedly increases P P filesharing speeds so it s a common approach to slow utorrent problems etc to patch the tcp sys file I have since quot unpatched quot it using the unpatch file which came with it but I m suspicious of the software developer now The patch originally disabled UAC user account control which is suspicious to me but I m not highly tech savy so I dunno if that s common or not I did also remove mcafee s security center I was busy I guess that was a mistake should always restart after each big change I apologize for the complication this creates in identifying the problem It s possible I did something else before the fatal restart if none of these three could be the culprit then I ll think harder about what that could be but for now these changes stand out in my mind I m assuming that windows repair mode s changes didn t cause this problem but I don t have any factual reason to believe that What could this be What can I do Thank you p s This is the last time I ever install software from a company that doesn t have an active website even if this wasn t the problem s cause nbsp

A:Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-of-death-at-startup-all-began-with-a-blue-screen.804669/
Relevancy 82.99%

Previously it showed Blue Screen every time I boot my Y460; few seconds after the Window Logo. No matter how many times I reformate, it still showing Blue Screen, indicating STOP 0x00000116 and atikmpag.sys error. Subsequently, I went into the BIOS and changed the settings on the graphics switchable to discrete graphics. However its getting worst now because there is no display (totally black with no background light) every time I on my y460. Hence I need assistance and solutions, thanks.

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello,

My laptop will not boot. I end up with an empty black screen or a blue screen with no icons, just a cursor. I get choices for 'normal startup' or ' repair' but not safe mode. Any help appreciated.

A:Unable to start - black screen or empty blue screen w cursor??

Hello JoLaRo and welcome to Seven Forums.

One of the Forum experts has prepared a couple of tutorials that might help you out.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

If you're still having issues after following the tutorials, please post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346364-unable-start-black-screen-empty-blue-screen-w-cursor.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello originally my problem is that my internet browsers Internet explorer firefox can not display any kind of pages because of some kind of virus Also I had some kind of fake Microsoft Security Essentials MSE asking me to download more fake AV s onto my computer but I knew well enough that it was fake so I close it This also shows up in safe mode MSE block me from opening things such as iexplorer exe or sometimes it would say tskmanager is a virus and it wouldn t let me open anything So eventually I google this up and I read somewhere that told me to rename hotfix exe to hotfix exe when I run APPDATA so the annoying MSE would stop showing up It also told screen blue screen after KillGodzilla.exe login black Computer using displays me to update my Malwarebyte which I still can not do because I still do not have access to the Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe internet By Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe the way I am using another computer to type this So again I tried to do some more research to fix my internet problem and I found this site that told me to download KillGodzilla exe and run it and reboot my computer after that I should update my Malwarebyte but of course I can t do that because after the WINDOWS loading screen the blue log in screen doesn t show and displays a black screen which flickers sometimes after a few minutes it would restart my computer Also same thing for safe mode Does anyone know what is going on Did I screw up my computer to badly Do I need to reset my BIOS I am using Windows XP if that helps I also hav ESET smart security on my computer but I can t even open my computer right now Help is appreciated thanks

A:Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe

Anyone have any ideas at all? I waited a few days, and gave as much information as possible already, please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352162/computer-blue-login-screen-displays-black-screen-after-using-killgodzillaexe/
Relevancy 82.56%

I m having a problem with my Dell Dimension running Windows XP I have an g Maxtor HD as my main drive and a g WD secondary drive When I attempt to boot I get a blue screen with the message A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is he first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again Screen Can't Black Blue (Standard Screen w/cursor Mode), boot then XP Windows Safe or follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try changing video adapters Check with your Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen hardware vendorm for any BIOS updates Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x E xC xF BB B xF E AO xF E AO FLTMGR SYS - Address F BB B base at F A DateStamp daAs far as the info in the message I see this screen with the same info everytime I rebooted As far as disk space my main drive is g aand I have about g of free space I m not sure if anything in the message refers to drivers Not sure how to change video adapters when I can t get into Windows Standard Mode or Safe Mode Also not sure how to deal with any of the BIOS suggestions or even know if it s a good idea to mess with it Again I cannot even boot to Safe Mode It takes me to the same Blue Screen message I have been able to boot from the CD I get to the Windows Setup screen it loads files It then says it s Starting Windows then takes me to the Windows XP Home Edition Setup It gives me the choices To set up Window XP now press Enter To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console press R To quit Setup without installing Windows XP press F I pressed R and in the Recovery Console it shows C WINDOWSI press as this is the only Windows installation I have It then takes me to the Command Prompt C WINDOWS gt I have run CHKDSK and got this message The volume appears to be in good condition and was not checked Use p if you want to check the volume anyway kb total disk space kb are available bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk I have also run CHKDSK r and it found and fixed one or more errors After I exited and tried to reboot from the HD and got the same BSOD with same message I don t know if this is a virus or hardware software problem I do have Malwarebytes Anti-Virus and Norton on the PC but without Windows XP I m not sure how to run them I have also booted from Hirems Boot CD and have run all the hardware tests checked HDs memory video etc I could and have found no problems Any light you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Dave

A:Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen

mod bump

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385215/cant-boot-windows-xp-standard-or-safe-mode-black-screen-wcursor-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 82.56%

ok so i was trying to put some videos onto my blackberry bold and i started to play with my phone while it was attached to my laptop and i accessed my media files with my memory card in the phone and all of a sudden i got a blue screen that said restart your computer and some other stuff that i didnt really understand so i manually pressed the power button until my laptop turned off then restarted it. it rebooted as tho it had been in standby not restarted and all i could see was the windows explorer window i had had opened before the screen and the rest of the screen is black. i guess i could attach a picture if it would help ???? thank you very much for your time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-is-black-except-for-the-window-i-had-open-prior-to-blue-screen-394478.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello I'm new here and I so hope someone can help me since I'm not the sharpest computer tool in the shed Screen,Blue Internet Screen,Error..HELP!! Explorer-Black This issue has started happening and I have no clue I have cleared cookies history etc but that hasn't worked Here's Internet Explorer-Black Screen,Blue Screen,Error..HELP!! the deal When I click Internet Explorer Icon of my desk top or go to start programs etc to open Explorer it seems as if it's going to open then the screen goes black for a second then a blue screen comes up and says quot An error has occured ctrl alt delete to restart click any key to continue to windows etc you know the one Well the error is this D FA I can click any key and return to desk top Can someone please help me The only way I'm able to be here is thankfully I have JUNO as my ISP and they have their own browser window Also in checking mail for instance in Hot Mail if I clicked a link in an e-mail to go to a certain page same thing black screen blue screen error etc It would be wonderfull if someone could maybe e-mail me step by step what I might could do xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx Thanks Carmen

A:Internet Explorer-Black Screen,Blue Screen,Error..HELP!!

Need more info.. Win98, ME. 2000, XP? SP1, SP2? What version of IE you are running? Post the full error message if you can. This would be helpful to an assistor. There is a fatal error somewhere but without this info it isn't likely anyone can help locate a fix.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-black-screen-blue-screen-error-help-43600.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Good Morning,

For the past several months I have been having problems with my HP desktop computer. When my system reboots I sometimes get a black screen with nothing on it or it gets stuck on the windows logo or I get a blue screen with a bunch of writing.

The blue screen tends to happen with the computer goes into hibernation. So I changed my settings to that it doesn't happen but I would like to fix that so that I can give my computer a rest during the time that I'm not using it.

I have checked for malware, viruses you name it... nothing.

HP HPE-180t
Windows 7 SP1
Intel core i7 930 @2.80GHz
9.00 GB RAM
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

If you need further info please let me know. ;)
ps I had wonderful support several years ago regarding my laptop.. thank you once again :)

A:Black screen, Blue Screen & Stuck on Windows logo

Hello Britt,

Quote:

I would like to fix that so that I can give my computer a rest during the time that I'm not using it.

The best way to do this is to simply turn it off; it will also save on the electricty bills too.
When I am not using my machine, I turn it off, because here in South Australia we have the second highest electricity charges in the world.

Quote:

I get a blue screen with a bunch of writing.

Can you tell us what the blue screen says; usually this is due to a recent hardware or software change; however, in your instance it might be the Hibernation feature that is malfunctioning.
Post back with the information about the blue screen, please.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-blue-screen-and-stuck-on-windows-logo-689187.html
Relevancy 82.56%

My screen came up the other day blue and saying it was checking disk and that volume was dirty. now the screen is black. computer acts like it is coming up but just sits there. Is there anything I can do?

A:blue screen, ckdisk, volume dirty, now black screen

First, backup your data using a bootable disk (such as a Live Linux or Ultimate Boot CD)
If the scan didn't fix the drive (if the drive is still marked as "dirty") then you'll most likely have to format the drive (and will lose everything if you haven't backed it up).
Then start with these free diagnostics (before formatting the drive):

Quote:

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.
If you find hardware issues, here's a link to the hardware forums: Hardware Support - Tech Support Forum

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks
If you find malware, here's a link on how to post in the Security Center: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-ckdisk-volume-dirty-now-black-screen-596098.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I received the following error message when I attempted to restart my computer:

C0000218 Unknown Hard Error

When I restarted after the blue screen it went into a check disk but would not finish the scan.

I have tried to start the computer in safe mode with internet connection and after a few minutes the screen goes black. I've tried to start it using last known configuration and the screen goes black. Everything I try ~ the screen goes black.

Help!!!!

A:Blue screen & now won't start in safe mode, screen goes black

I'm writing from my husband's laptop because my desktop is completely dead.

We were out of town for several days and when we returned my desktop was running very slow so I attempted to restart it. It locked up, I pressed/held the power button and when it restarted it attempted to run a disk check. The disk check locked up and I had to press/hold the power button again. When it restarted I got a blue screen ~ stop: C0000218 unknown hard error.

Sometimes when I attempt to restart it I get: checking file system on C:
file system = NTFS

When I attempt to restart it in safe mode, safe mode with networking or starting in last known good configuration I get . . .

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\appPatch\drvmain.sdb
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system32\drivers\ . . . (various items)

Now it won't start, not even in safe mode. Everything I try ~ I just get a black screen.

** I just tried to restart AGAIN and it ran disk scan, said it had completed disk scan and would restart, the screen went black when it attempted to restart and the screen is still black and it won't restart.

What can I do to get my computer back?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-now-wont-start-in-safe-mode-screen-goes-black.811055/
Relevancy 82.56%

This can happen at any time for me (including when I was re-installing windows in an attempt to fix the problem... did not go well ) but more often than not happens during web-browsing and especially when watching youtube vids. I'm going to assume it has something to do with my graphics card as the blue screen does not actually come up... instead the screen goes black and then I have to restart the computer. Anyways upon boot up and log in I get a windows message that tells me that windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown ect.. and the numbers are:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 85AA3510
BCP2: 93218A5E
BCP3: C000009A
BCP4: 00000004
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

A:BSOD - Screen goes black and upon restart tells me I got a blue screen

Have you activated your Win 7?

Fully and completely update your Win7. Afterwards, I'll be asking you to submit a file which will show me all of the installed updates.

The update procedure will take qute a period of time since you do not have SP1 installed. This means there are updates to get you up to SP1 and then there about 100 updates post-SP1.

UPDATING YOUR WIN 7
1. ASSURE THAT YOU RECEIVE ALL UPDATES
WIN | type WINDOWS UPDATE | ENTER |
Change settings (left-hand column) |
checkmark all four of the boxes | OK button

Approve any dialog boxes presented. Let Windows install any update features.

WIN is the key with the Microsoft flag on top.

2. INSTALL CRITICAL UPDATES
Check for Updates (left-hand column)
Install ALL critical updates.
Restart your computer (even if not prompted)

Repeat this procedure until there are no more critical updates.

DO NOT TRUST the ?Windows is up to date? in center of dialog. until you see that TWICE IN A ROW!

3. INSTALL IMPORTANT UPDATES
Use the ?critical update? procedure until all important updates are installed.

4. INSTALL OPTIONAL UPDATES
Under Optional updates you will be presented with:
a) Microsoft Bing Desktop which is of questionable value
b) a list of about 34 language updates.

You can hide those updates so that aren't continually notified of those updates.
When you click on 34+ optional updates are available, then you
a) highlight all of the language updates,
b) right-click anywhere in the highlighted list.
c) click on Hide Updates,
d) OK button.
Install ALL other Optional Updates.
Use the ?critical update? procedure.

UPDATE GOLDEN RULES
Install ALL, yes, ALL updates.
This is Win 7 and not Vista or XP (eXPired).

UPDATE IS HUNG ?TAKING FOREVER
Hung is very doubtful unless you interrupted updates.

CTRL + SHIFT + ESC key combo will pop-up the Task Manager.
Lo and behold, Windows Update is still running!

You hold down the CTRL and SHIFT keys.
While holding them down, tap the ESC key once.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/247298-bsod-screen-goes-black-upon-restart-tells-me-i-got-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 82.56%

New to the thread.... not sure if i'm posting right, soo correct me if u want =)
Anyway.. yesterday I turned my computer on and got the screen "Sorry for the convenience blah blah blah... Start Windows Normally, Safe Mode...ect.
I chose Start Windows Normally, which did indeed start windows normally, but I wasn't sure what caused this problem in the first place, so i ignored it. I turned my computer off.

Later i turned my computer back on and was confronted by another screen, this time a Blue screen.. A Stop error, can't exactly remember the error, but said something about "memory dump'...
I eventually got avoided a problem with this screen and got into windows.. However this morning, when i turn the computer on, I was forced to use 'Last Known Good Configuration"

Whats going on? I did scans on Norton, Adaware & Spybot.

Please help!!

A:Blue Screen, Black Screen??? Stop Error Code?

Hi Kirstie, computers are great when they work huh? These stop errors and blue screens of death can have many causes. Sometimes they occur when a computer is getting older and some piece of hardware is going bad, like a memory stick for instance. Other times these errors occur after installing a new program or doing a windows update. They can be quite difficult to pin down sometimes as well. I would be glad to help you find the cause of the error if you will answer a few questions for me. By answering these questions I should be able to determine the cause and help you to correct it.

Here are some questions for you to answer that will help me. Just answer them the best you can and if you dont know an answer its ok. If you already answered anything I'm asking in your first post just skip over it.

1). What kind of computer do you have? Laptop? Desktop? Dell, HP, Ect?
2). Whats your level of experience? Novice, intermediate, expert, or dont know squat?
3). What operating system are you using? Xp Home or XP Pro?
4). What antivirus are you using? Are you using a firewall?
5) Please tell us a little about your computer. How old is your computer? What size Hard drive does it have?, processor, ram, Bios ver. Ect.
6). Do you have an Xp disk for this computer?
7). Does your computer have a floppy drive, CD drive, Ect.?
8). Do you have access to another working computer with an internet connection?
9). Did you noticed this problem occuring after installing anything recently?
10). Has your computer done a windows update recently?
11). Have you made any changes to the computer recently? Hardware or software?

and anything else that might help us help you. Remember we are trying to help from a forum so all we have to go on is what you can tell us.

I will monitor this thread throughout the day. If you resolve this problem on your own or with the info I provided please let me know so I can move on to other issues. Also please mark this thread solved using the thread tools option located at the top of this thread and selecting solved from the drop down menu when your computer is working correctly and you are through with this thread.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-black-screen-stop-error-code-520585.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi please bear with me as I have never posted anywhere for help before I have multiple issues that have all cropped up in the past few days I will try to list as much as I can and as much as I remember doing I have Windows Home Premium bit running on a Toshiba Satellite L - WG I have had no apparent freezes on black logging issue) (previous Windows 7 screen after problems until now I used to run Kaspersky internet security free package from online banking but it wouldn t allow some facebook games to run so I disabled it Windows 7 freezes after logging on (previous black screen issue) and used Avast Avast found a virus in a temp folder upon first quick scan Win Malware-gen and transferred it to the virus chest on with a last changed date of was it on there that long and not found by Kaspersky Anyway all good until a boot time scan on first one I had run after figuring out what it was and Windows 7 freezes after logging on (previous black screen issue) it found viruses that I hit delete on rather than move to chest - Java Agent-DI Trj and Java Jade-A Heur both in LocalLow Java cache folders Since then I have had nothing but problems although I think my trying to do bits and pieces may have had a hand in it too Windows 7 freezes after logging on (previous black screen issue) I turned Kaspersky back on to do a scan and it didn t find anything except an android rooting thing that it deleted downloaded but unused I also tried Malwarebytes after seeing so many recommendations and it has found nothing I disabled the other antiviruses as I know I had too many but not sure if that is enough or should they have been uninstalled completely My Event Viewer has LOTS of errors warnings and possibly worrying information logs and then I tried turning off some unnecessary start up programmes I think that is all I have done When I tried turning it on the other day it kept stalling and freezing and so I turned it off for a day or so Yesterday I turned it on it started up fine to the log on screen and once I entered my password I got a black screen with only the cursor It stayed like this Today I tried again and it was the same A few hours later I tried again and after about mins of black screen it loaded up but the wireless wouldn t work I started it in safe mode and it starts fine I set it to start up in normal mode and it started but was running extremely slow I then tried doing a clean boot following instructions from the microsoft site and I could log in but it was quite slow and then it froze after the desktop loaded up I am posting this from another computer as I can t get the Toshiba working other than in safe mode How can I rectify this please

A:Windows 7 freezes after logging on (previous black screen issue)

Similar problem, so I'll watch your post for replies.

Dell Inspiron 530 desktop
quad core processor
750GB HDD
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Express Sound Card (user added - 2008)
WD mybook RAID 1 external HDD 2x1gb

Cannot get past flashing cursor on startup

Here's what I can do, and the results:
At DELL splash screen, I can press F12 for startup.
This takes me to startup screen, where I (supposedly) can select DVD as boot drive
NOTE: DVD was ALREADY selected as first boot device, but doesn't show on this screen
When I select DVD and ENTER to accept, it does not accept the entry.

OR
At DELL spalsh screen, I can select F2 for SETUP. However, this does not take me to SETUP.
All I see is the following message:

AHCI Option ROM BIOS Revision: 01.01.50 Date: 04-26-2007
Copyright © 2006-2008 Phoenix Technologies, LTD

ACHI BIOS not installed!!!

I cannot get past either screen (F2 or F12)
I've tried F8, but to no avail.

Was hoping to boot from Win 7 DVD. I'm not opposed to a reinstall of Windows.

The "flashing cursor" issue seems to have deep roots with many users, going back to win XP.
I've had this problem on another Dell desktop (Win XP, Dimension 8100, RAID 1 primary HDD).

Has anyone had success with this when the system can't get past the "flashing cursor?"

Thanks in advance,

Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397408/windows-7-freezes-after-logging-on-previous-black-screen-issue/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi there.

My PC is currently crashing without a BSOD when playing games. The screen just goes black, but my computer stays on. I have to power it off manually with the power button. I've previously had issues with BSODs showing an error with atikmdag.sys , but they were very infrequent. This type of crash has been happening multiple times a day.

Thank you so much for your help!

A:Black screen from playing games, previous BSOD's from atikmdag.sys

Hello Duecez.

A stop 0x116 is a graphics related error. And for it, you need to follow the guide: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Uninstall Avast using Avast Uninstall Utility. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/275840-black-screen-playing-games-previous-bsods-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello

I have a computer running Windows 7. Last night the computer was running fine. This morning when I turn it on, i get a black screen. To fix the problem I conducted a system restore. After it finished restoring, the computer restarts and everything worked fine. To make sure if everything was in working order, I restart it again. After the "Starting Windows" screens comes up, I get the Blue Screen of Death. I can't even read what the error says because the computer just restarts itself. I did not connect anything new to the computer. I performed a hardware diagnostics to see if it was a hardware failure but no error was found. I can't even get into safe mode. The SFC.exe will be my next step.

A:Windows 7 Black Screen then Blue Screen of Death

The SFC.exe did not work either.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-then-blue-screen-of-death-655425.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I am running windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and facing with a big problem,I suppose.
-Black screen sometimes appears after windows is starting(after this)
-Blue screen of death always appears when I am trying to connect for more than 7/8/9/10 times on some of wireless networks,and very rarely appears when I'm playing a game or doing something on the internet.
-Some programs freeze sometimes such as Firefox,DivX Player,Winamp...
Please help me guys!

Relevancy 81.7%

I've having an issue that I think some ppl had, windows 8 crashing going to blue screen of death or blank black screen and then it restarts by itself, also I have noticed that it says repairing disk in D:/

I have one SSD 120gb in the C:/ which it host the operating system and some minnor programs, in a HDD which is my D:/ drive there I have my games.

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9
AMD FX 8350
Kingston Hyper X 120GB SSD
WD black 500GB HDGB HDD
Corsair Vengeance 8gb Ram 2133Hz
Windows 8

Thanks for the time, if more info is needed I willl gather it and post it

A:How do I fix windows blue screen of death and black screen

Update, seems that some tweaking did fix the problem, go to search and type power, in the left click on the one that says change what power buttons do, then uncheck the box that it says turn on fast startup (recomended) then save changes and a restart and youre done -at least for me it worked-

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47630-how-do-i-fix-windows-blue-screen-death-black-screen.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I read the posting instructions but it's a little difficult for me to run that program because my computer won't actually display anything But here's what I Blue no BIOS, screen after no display Black Screen, can answer OS - Win bit Original OS - Vista Home Premium October OS is retail upgrade Hard Drive has been in use since October everything else is less than hours old I haven't reinstalled the OS CPU - Intel Core i k Videocard - BFG nVidia GeFroce GTX GB MoBo - ASUS P H -M PSU - Corsair GS W A on v if that's relevant Corsair GB DDR Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display MHz RAM x GB Don't know about system manufacturer they're different parts The Case is by NZXT and the TB HDD is by Seagate This is going to be a bit of a long read so I'll start off by giving the short version of all this Here's the short version I built this PC yesterday and it was working but couldn't 't display the native x resolution I got quot Out of Range quot error Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display on my monitor when I tried to change it to any other resolution I installed an nVidia control program and made a custom resolution of x About half an hour later I got a blue screen Now when I start it up I just get a black screen no error messages just a black screen It isn't just my own monitor I've tried it with another fully functioning one too And more detail here It was all working alright when I first set it up but I couldn't get native resolution for my LG W monitor x which displayed the resolution just fine on my old PC with no dedicated GPU When I changed the resolution through the Windows resolution change interface tool it wouldn't give me the option of going over x something else I can't remember I tried to change the refresh rate but I got the same error when I tried to increase the resolution as when I tried to change the refresh rate quot Out of Range quot and then it said a frequency in kHz and Hz I downloaded the nVidia control panel and made a custom resolution x and it was all fine after that However the first problem I noticed was I could not run the game Civilization V because upon starting the game up I got the same quot Out of Range quot error message from my monitor I even tried to change the compatibility so that I could let it run at the lower resolution x or something like that but I got the same error message That was pretty much the only problem although I'm sure I would have encountered similar problems if I tried to play similar games I was using the computer for about half an hour and whilst I was on facebook I just got a blue screen It stayed there for a couple seconds then I turned it off from the main socket When I started it up again I just got a black screen I didn't even get a BIOS display I've been trying it all morning and it still hasn't been working Also after I've turned it on from the main socket upon startup it starts up then shuts down then starts up again then down and finally stays on after a couple moments of this Still displaying nothing on the monitor though and I get no quot Out of Range quot error message just a black screen I have no idea what it may be I have tried erasing the CMOS thing by moving the jumper position on the motherboard and removing and reinstalling the battery but that hasn't seemed to have worked I don't know what else to do Thanks a lot in advance I know it's a long read

A:Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display

Can you boot into Safe Mode?
Does the system display the Asus splash screen before going to the black screen?

Have you checked to see if the video card has power (the extra power plugs in most cards these days)? Have you checked to make sure the fan is working, and that the video cooler isn't clogged up?

Have you tried another video card? I'd suspect that the video card or it's drivers are your issue. If the system boots into Safe Mode, then I'd suspect the drivers, if it doesn't boot into Safe Mode (so you can see the display) - then I'd have to assume that it's the video card.

See if you can return the video card. If not, then see if you can borrow one from another computer - or buy one that you can return if it's not needed.

Good luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-after-blue-screen-no-bios-no-display-594237.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello I was successfully using my PC for the entirety of this morning After bumping my desk the machine shut off as it sometimes does when a cable is loose When the machine restarted it allowed me to login and then showed me only a black screen and cursor Ctrl alt del was functional I tried system restore and system repair both of which completed but did not have any effect I was able to access Windows via safe mode I removed my GPU Upon Black Blue Login into Screen Evolved Screen and connected my monitor to my motherboard The situation did not change I attempted to boot without my main drive SSD by disconnecting it and turning the PC on Instead of a login screen I am now greeted by a flash of a BSOD before the system restarts After running a couple rounds of startup repair Windows has declared it cannot resolve the issue Any guidance will be warmly appreciated Thank you Edit after restarting once more my bios prompted for a Black Screen Upon Login Evolved into Blue Screen boot device and I was able to reach the login screen I am now back at my original black screen problem

A:Black Screen Upon Login Evolved into Blue Screen

Can you boot into Safe Mode at the moment? if so, follow this:

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360512-black-screen-upon-login-evolved-into-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Sorry, double posted from clicking twice! Original post: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515059/often-black-screen-one-blue-screen-pup-detection-most-likely-infected/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515060/often-black-screen-one-blue-screen-pup-detection-most-likely-infected/
Relevancy 81.7%

My splash black screen windows screen blue now to laptop is a Dell Inspiron with windows splash to black screen now blue screen XP Professional The laptop was given to me used no original cd s or anything just the machine and power cord just letting you know that right off the bat as I don t have option to put cd in as I don t have it The laptop has a XP sticker on it that doesn t state if windows splash to black screen now blue screen it was home or Professional windows splash to black screen now blue screen to start with I say all this because I can t tell you if the OS was preinstalled or after market installation IN case this matters any I am not knowledgeable about computers without the aid or forums like this so please know that when offering aid I ll need specifics please Recently my system malfunctioned and YourHighness helped me get it cleaned up It was working fine for a few days All of a sudden the Windows Splash screen disappeared and the screen went black After multiple reboots and selecting Function F eventually the computer would go to a grey screen and then would finish booting fine This went on for a week or two Meanwhile as YourHighness suggested I bought more RAM as it only had MB I read it can go up to a gig so I bought used from eBay a and installed it Booted fine after the black screen issue still and worked fine A couple of days later I went to boot it back up and got a blue screen saying quot Stop C Bad Image CheckSum The Image MSAN dll is possibly corrupt The Header Checksum does not match the computed checksum quot I can not boot to safe or any other option I can only access bios and am clueless what to do once there if anything I tried recovery counsel booting but it just refreshes the options screen essentially it only recognizes the XP option I removed the RAM in case it was causing the problem Tried to boot with just a and also with s Still got same blue screen I don t know what to do from here Do I need to take it to a repair shop or can someone guide me through some options Please advise Most appreciatively Thatguy

A:windows splash to black screen now blue screen

I would think that your first priority, assuming that your data is safe, is to obtain a means of reinstalling/repairing XP. I mean, that would be my first priority if I intended to run a system with XP on it and I did not believe that the system would run perfectly until I decided to retire/sell/junk it.

So my first suggestion would have been...contact Dell and inquire about recovery/restore CDs for your system.

As for your apparent option of taking it to a shop...that won't resolve the fact that you have no install disks of any type.

I've not ever seen an XP sticker that doesn't indicate which flavor of the O/S is installed.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199556/windows-splash-to-black-screen-now-blue-screen/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello My computer is very black Often screen, pup detection, blue most one screen, infected likely likely to be Often black screen, one blue screen, pup detection, most likely infected infected with malware virus because it seldom black screen with white words and then computer restarts for no reason It blue screen'd once A while ago I ran Malwarebytes a few times and it detected PUP Files Malwarebytes removed it each time but it kept coming back But the last time I ran Malwarebytes it did not show up again Symantec Anti Virus could not detect anything But the computer feels very unstable because the internet does not connect sometimes when the mobile devices have no problems connecting I hope this problem can be fixed Thank you for your help DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by ytl at on - - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Outdated C A - C B- F C- B B- FCCFDC SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Outdated A BBD -AA - A - B- B EB B E FW Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled B F DB -C - E - D - C F F E Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exe C Program Files Cisco Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client vpnagent exe C Windows system Dwm exe c Program Files Bioscrypt VeriSoft Bin AsGHost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system conime exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRAM FILES SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPHELPER EXE c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows System svchost exe -k Cognizance C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServi... Read more

A:Often black screen, one blue screen, pup detection, most likely infected

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/515059 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515059/often-black-screen-one-blue-screen-pup-detection-most-likely-infected/
Relevancy 81.7%

So for the past 2 weeks I've been crashing none stop usually after playing game for about an hour or just browsing or watching a movie, its a mixture of Page fault in none page area, Memory management, IRQL not less or equal, among others. I don't know whats causing the crashes or any help would be greatly appreciated. i had this laptop for since early december 2009.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M500, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3836 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 291444 MB, Free - 24376 MB; D: Total - 13495 MB, Free - 2249 MB; F: Total - 99 MB, Free - 95 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3642
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Disabled

A:Blue screen of death, Freezing, and black screen

Have you installed anything lately? There could be some program or service doing something that isn't needed.
How's the case temperature? Perhaps it's running too hot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-freezing-and-black-screen.1047034/
Relevancy 81.27%

This is the strangest thing I've ever seen from a PC. I'm at the computer and the print screen key prints the previous screen rather than printing the current screen.

Another peculiarity on this PC is the behavior I get from a paid version of PDF-995. This is software that is used to convert non-PDF files into PDFs. It is behaving very strangely. Instead of capturing the current document, it appears to actually create a PDF that is a print-capture of the previous screen - the desktop screen that was up before you were looking at the document you want to convert to pdf format.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

It's running Windows XP Pro. The hardware is a 2.5GHz CPU with 256 MR of RAM. I haven't noticed any other odd behavior on the PC yet. No recent downloads that I know of.

A:Solved: Print screen key prints previous screen instead of printing the current screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-print-screen-key-prints-previous-screen-instead-of-printing-the-current-screen.415833/
Relevancy 80.41%

Windows XP Home SP Intel Core Duo E GHz GB RAM ATI Radeon HD XT I ve had a good share screen computer Blue previous (with error/ details) issues of problems with my computer since I bought it most have been related to the PC freezing and automatically restarting or to blue screen errors Blue screen error/ previous computer issues (with details) Some of these problems could be related but I don t think any of them are due to spyware malware virus etc I ve already run fulls scans on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware SUPERAntiSpyware and Avast without any issues Dec Blue screen error page fault in nonpaged area x Not sure what caused the error Blue screen error/ previous computer issues (with details) or if it was ever fixed Dell support said it could be do to new software spyware malware virus etc Aug Blue screen error driver irql not less or equal x D Same response from Dell May Found new hardware I started getting a quot found new hardware quot message on start-up without having installed anything new There was an unknown device in the device manager related to quot logmein quot remote access software I had already uninstalled Logmein so this was probably just some leftover file I went ahead and uninstalled the device as well and it solved this issue I don t think this is related to any of the other problems but it s worth mentioning Nov Checking file system on C quot the type of the file system is NTFS quot quot the volume is dirty quot I got this message on start-up once or twice in addition to the PC freezing and automatically restarting several times I got some help from another forum and the problem was thought to be caused by a failing hard drive I ran the hard drive diagnostic tool on Ultimate Boot CD without any errors Yesterday Blue screen error page fault in nonpaged area ati duag dll I got this message yesterday after exiting Civilization IV I forgot to make a note of the stop code The file quot ati duag dll quot makes me think that the error is related to my video card The first blue screen error I got in also had quot page fault in nonpaged area quot Could they be related Also I was looking in my device manager and under display adapters is quot logmein mirror driver quot I m assuming this is just another leftover file Is it safe for me to uninstall this Thank you in advance to anyone who can help nbsp

A:Blue screen error/ previous computer issues (with details)

Updated my video drivers and going to run a memtest tomorrow. Will that help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-error-previous-computer-issues-with-details.925422/
Relevancy 80.41%

Basically whenever i open a program and in startup i just now having Ran problems continued screen Fixes previous ; from blue topic get lot of Bad Image errors Also whenever i google search and click the link i Ran Fixes now just having blue screen problems ; continued from previous topic usually get Ran Fixes now just having blue screen problems ; continued from previous topic redirected to a different search engine site as opposed Ran Fixes now just having blue screen problems ; continued from previous topic to the actual link i clicked on Also my computer has taken a dive in speed recently and i get a constant message from an anti spyware system that acts more like spyware malware itself changing my background and constantly trying to get me to purchase the product Any help anyone could provide would be phenomenal thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Bobby at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus On-access scanning enabled Updated D C B -C DC- F- EF - AF A EFF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor TFEngine TFService exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS ehome RMSvc exe C WINDOWS ehome mcrdsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C WINDOWS ehome RMSysTry exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Bobby Desktop dds pif C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www comcast net uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast mWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO FE - E- C -A -F A FE D - No File BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB E BACF - E - E - - D E - No File TB E BD F- B D- E-CCB -B EEDBE C - No File TB C -DE B- BCF- C - EC D F - No File EB AA FBF - C - E -A - C F AB - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun Picasa Media Detector c program files picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe uRun Skype quot c program files skype phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized mRun ehTray c windows ehome ehtray exe mRun RemoteControl quot c program files cyberlink powerdvd PDVDServ exe quot mRun NeroFilterCheck c windows system NeroCheck exe mRun SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun ddoctorv quot c program files comcast... Read more

A:Ran Fixes now just having blue screen problems ; continued from previous topic

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Please read this: How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud, and CC Fraud?

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs, usually via a right-click on the System Tray icon, so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/bad-image-errors-google-malfunctions-401694.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi AGAIN Hopefully my PC will STAY up while I write this I have been having some MAJOR probs with the puter just flippin well going to a black blank screen and then to a deep blue screen which displays this jibberish to me screen/BLUE BLACK ?? .. screen Reboot Shew just had black screen followed by the bright blue BLACK screen/BLUE screen .. Reboot ?? screen with the following written on it STOP OxOOOOOOD OxE C OxOOOOOOFF OxOOOOOOO OxBF BCA DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ADDRESS BF BCA base at BF Datestamp ef ce - mrxsmb sys Beginning dump of physical memory About a BLACK screen/BLUE screen .. Reboot ?? year ago I had the same thing happen and at the end of the word memory an actual countdown occurred BLACK screen/BLUE screen .. Reboot ?? As well I am being INNUNDATED with this Inside an ALERT BOX named WinRAR self-extracting archive Extracting ribiva exe Extracting ewaf exe Cannot create ewaf exe Installation progress the installation bar goes about of the way and no further The Virus alert reads Obj name rivia exe Container C DocumentsandSE difavipu exe Virus name Backdoor ranky Action taken action to the file was denied I have had this machine IN for repair twice in weeks all they have done is clean up viruses and spyware and I am totally NOT wanting to haul it back Any suggestions gratefully accepted and WOO HOO I have not gone BLANK amp BLUE yet Marilynne nbsp

A:BLACK screen/BLUE screen .. Reboot ??

my suggestion.... buy an antivirus like norton or mcafee and run it on your system ALL the time. Keep it updated on a weekly to daily basis and this is less likely to happen ever again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-blue-screen-reboot.356586/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello folks I am not new to bleepingcomputers yes I am sometimes as guest in the background snatching some info and ideas However today I am coming as patient First of all I have to thank you geeks if allowed to name you like this for your dedication of helping people Throughout the web you are an incredible source for fighting that plaque that take often our time and sometime even more away Now to my case Some day ago my computer started with some strange behaviour Black Blue Screen) login (NOT after Screen like this some windows popped up telling me some drive letter is not supported etc the internet explorer started to do Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login some strange things I do not remember what ahh and my Toshiba power saver started doing rubbish not accepting changes My antivirus was not up-to-date and I started to install new antivirus Vipre and a collection of malware scanners Whatever has found my PC as his new nest was not amused about this and responded with interfering in to the boot procedure When starting my PC Window Start screen appears normal After selecting the user login Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login user desktop appears nicely still OK - gt the quick-start icons in Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login the right corner start to pop up one by one - gt but in the middle after seconds black screen appears and nothing goes anymore So I started in save mode and run the scanners who discovered a truckload of Trojan and some root kit crap I cleaned up but windows does not start up anymore same behaviour as described above In the malware found were some items like buouf exe and eqhff exe I can start the PC only via F - gt last version that works I looked for buouf exe and eqhff exe found them killed them but there is possibly somewhere somthing left Now I am getting some uss q s exe error window and when connecting to the internet all seconds an ad window is opening So my first aid skills are exhausted and I have to call the ambulance Thank s in advace for the quot Doctor quot andyman

A:Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login

Sorry, I forgot some more symptomes. I found in the scheduled task folder numerous tasks. After deleting them all they just build up again. Also I have to correct: the error thayt appeared is referenced to a file called ouss8q8r.exe. Furthermore, suddenly the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Icon changed (the Malwarebytes icon has been replaced by an ordinary exe icon).The system is Windows XP Home SP3.Thanksandyman

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344232/black-screen-not-blue-screen-after-login/
Relevancy 79.98%

I have (Toshiba Satelite)laptop with Win7 & IE9 that will have a boot up with black screen
occuring after startup. The black screen states PXE - E61 media test failure check cable and
PXE - MOF existing PXE ROM. Then the computer gets past this black screen and finishes booting up.
I will then experience a blue screen crash intermittently, seems to happen when on the internet,
but not sure. The blue screen has a full screen info that last 2 to 3 seconds and I'm unable to
read it all. It does state crash dump towards end of message. The computer will go blank then reboot on its own
showing black screen info again. Usually after this reboot things run somewhat ok, but somewhat slower. Have run
malware bytes, avast, super anti-spyware and c cleaner. Checked all updates and drivers with no help
from these. Any suggestions and is this something Mybleepingcomputer can fix?

A:Black Screen with Blue Screen Crash

Sounds like a failing hard drive or motherboard at worst but hopefully not. Have you taken the steps to back-up your documents first?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441500/black-screen-with-blue-screen-crash/
Relevancy 79.98%

hy
my problem is black screen in access windows 10 or blue screen error nvlddmkm

tnk

A:Black screen or Crash Blue Screen

Please remove all pirated programs and such from your system before we can start troubleshooting.
The Forum Rules is meant for everything regarding piracy
Discussing it,Asking for guidance,Asking for a crack,The use of it,Etc.

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54511-black-screen-crash-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Here is the rundown blue screen screen and black error help of what happened in sequence maybe someone could help me When I started up my Toshiba black screen and blue screen error help laptop windows vista home premium -bit computer it booted until it got to the login screen Then a c error popped up preventing me to login I have attatched the image of the error I would have to click ok a black screen and blue screen error help few times for it to go away to login and I deleted the latest program I had on my computer which was a computer game When i turned on my computer the following day it appeared again so uninstalling the game did not fix it This time I decided to restart it again but this time it went to a black screen before the login screen So I restarted again in safe mode it would load the drivers and it would freeze before login on the black screen After restarting again I was prompted to do a system repair which I went ahead and did but my OS did not appear for the actual repair After it was finished it said it could not fix the problem So I restarted again and this time I decided to do a driver check and when the tests were done my computer went to the Blue screen of death then restarted Now it is just a pattern Now I tried F to no avail I have no vista disk Maybe someone knows how to fix it Get back to me as quick as you can nbsp

A:black screen and blue screen error help

what is on the bsod

run the dos diagnostic on the hard drive

http://storage.toshiba.com/storage-services-support/warranty-support/software-utilities

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-and-blue-screen-error-help.1078235/
Relevancy 79.98%

Alright, Well I play multiple games and I have the same problem with any game. When I play for like 20minutes or so my video goes insane! It flashes black and completely screen lags, Then it usually pixelates the screen after done flashing. Then after probably another 5 or 10, It will just completely lock up my computer then bring me to the blue screen. This has only started happening since i got Vista, Then I tried to see if getting windows 7 would fix it, But no...

Im pretty sure the problem is that these new operating systems are clashing with my drivers, All drivers are up to date, Hardrive checked, Video card working fine, RAM is all good.

If somone has had this same problem and fixed it some how please let me know.

Computer Specs:

Intel Core Quad (TM)2 Q6600 2.4GhZ
XION 1000watt PowerSupply
9800GT 1024mb DDR3
6gigs RAM DDR2

A:Black Screen And Flashing then Blue Screen.

Quote: Originally Posted by HelpMeWin

Alright, Well I play multiple games and I have the same problem with any game. When I play for like 20minutes or so my video goes insane! It flashes black and completely screen lags, Then it usually pixelates the screen after done flashing. Then after probably another 5 or 10, It will just completely lock up my computer then bring me to the blue screen. This has only started happening since i got Vista, Then I tried to see if getting windows 7 would fix it, But no...

Im pretty sure the problem is that these new operating systems are clashing with my drivers, All drivers are up to date, Hardrive checked, Video card working fine, RAM is all good.

If somone has had this same problem and fixed it some how please let me know.

Computer Specs:

Intel Core Quad (TM)2 Q6600 2.4GhZ
XION 1000watt PowerSupply
9800GT 1024mb DDR3
6gigs RAM DDR2

Hi and welcome

I suspect heat. Download gpu-z and monitor. Let us know

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/41564-black-screen-flashing-then-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 79.98%

At least 3 times today, I have gotten the Blue Screen of Death. I don't see anything on it that lists a problem. When computer starts up, it doesn't even get to the "Starting Windows" part, its just a black screen. I have looked and Googled and can't find any help with this problem. Has anyone had this happen to them? PLEASE HELP!

A:Blue Screen of Death Followed by Black Screen

Hello and welcome BeachGadog see this
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

PS Some system specs would be helpful too mate
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367341-blue-screen-death-followed-black-screen.html
Relevancy 79.98%

have attached bsod dump files

A:screen gose black then i get blue screen

Hello jockmiller02, welcome to Seven Forums. All of your crashes point to BCCode x116. Here is a troubleshooting guide for you to follow, but first, your crashes are all pretty recent. Looks like this started occurring after you updated your Video Driver. Try rolling it back, if that does not work , here you go; STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236024-screen-gose-black-then-i-get-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello Your member 'noknojon' has been kindly helping me with the removal of Screen Blue virus a Screen may and - Black have i the Montera Toolbar I am experiencing occasional Blue Screen and Black Screen on start up with only cursor and 'noknojon' has advised me to post in in this Blue Screen and Black Screen - i may have a virus Forum with a link back to the previous forum to show all the tests run logs and work we have done so far http www bleepingcomputer com forums t montera-toolbar-found-by-spybot-how-to-delete My pc Blue Screen and Black Screen - i may have a virus also Blue Screens when I run ESET anti-Virus on DATA D I have tried to do a Backup using Cobian but it seems to stop Results below - - The log tab has been cleared The log file with its full content is still available from the Log menu - - Preventing the system from entering sleep mode - - Backing up the task BAK - - Counting the files for the task BAK - - If your unpacker cannot handle the archives created by Cobian Backup see the FAQ - - Starting the Volume Shadow Copy snapshot for the drives C ERR - - Couldn't contact the Volume Shadow Copy requester Please check that the service is installed and running - - Changing the backup type to full Reason task's first backup - - Creating the destination directory E - - The destination directory E has been successfully created ERR - - An error occurred when creating or refreshing the archive E C - - Full zip Cannot create file E C - - Full zip Incorrect function - - The history file for BAK will not be saved because the result of the backup is empty - - Total backup time for BAK hours minutes seconds - - Backup done for the task BAK Errors Processed files Backed up files Total size bytes - - -- - - The system can now enter sleep mode - - Total backup time hours minutes seconds - - Backup done Errors Processed files Backed up files Total size bytes - - -- I attach the DDS logs I cross my fingers that you can help Thank you

A:Blue Screen and Black Screen - i may have a virus

I read on the Forum that results should be copied and pasted and not attached, so here are the results of the DDS log which I was advised to include.

I am using Windows 7, 64 bit, Service Pack 1, Windows updates up to date on a portable PC.

DDS results:-
DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) - NTFS_AMD64 
Internet Explorer: 10.0.9200.16611
Run by les at 15:56:45 on 2013-06-27
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium   6.1.7601.1.1252.44.1033.18.8096.4968 [GMT 4:00]
AV: ESET Smart Security 6.0 *Enabled/Updated* {77DEAFED-8149-104B-25A1-21771CA47CD1}
SP: ESET Smart Security 6.0 *Enabled/Updated* {CCBF4E09-A773-1FC5-1F11-1A056723366C}
SP: Windows Defender *Enabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
FW: ESET Personal firewall *Enabled* {4FE52EC8-CB26-1113-0EFE-8842E2773BAA}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k GPSvcGroup
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display\nvxdsync.exe
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\FaceLogon\smartlogon.exe
C:\Windows\system32\FBAgent.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey\ASLDRSrv.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATKGFNEX\GFNEXSrv.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE64.EXE
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstantOn\InsOnSrv.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstantOn\InsOnWMI.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bluetooth Suite\Ath_CoexAgent.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bluetooth Suite\adminservice.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATKOSD2\ATKOSD2.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\FaceLogon\sensorsrv.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\Splendid\ACMON.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\USBChargerPlus\USBChargerPlus.exe
C:\Program Files\P4G\BatteryLife.exe
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\x86\ekrn.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey\HControl.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lxeacoms.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\ASUS.SYS\SIONExportService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlbrowser.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files\Intel\TurboBoost\TurboBoost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AmIcoSingLun\AmIcoSinglun64.exe
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\egui.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Media\DMedia.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display\nvtray.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey\HControlUser.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ACEngSvr.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\MediaEspresso\DeviceDetector\DeviceDetector.exe
C:\Windows\AsScrPro.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\CLMLSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe
C:\Windo... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499382/blue-screen-and-black-screen-i-may-have-a-virus/
Relevancy 79.98%

Ran MBAM but couldn't complete, said it had to shut down. Then got the error message DrWatson Postmortem Dubugger encountered a problem and needs to close. The error report showed this file.....Temp\WER345a.dir00\drwtsn32.exe.mdmp
Tried to run MBAM in safe mode but wouldn't complete, said it had to shut down, so I restarted my computer and got the blue screen: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ....dump of physical memory. Then tried to restart windows started then went to black screen. Don't know if I have a virus, if my hard drive is going, or what. Please someone help. I need my computer for school, and it's been causing me so many aggravations, and I really need help.

A:Blue screen...screen going black...must have a virus.

Also, I got fed up with Avira, it kept giving me error messages, and it wouldn't update. I posted on their forum, but was told to post a hijackthis log but they didn't find anything. So I uninstalled Avira, and installed AVG Free 9.0. I started to run the scan, and somewhere near the beginning my computer screen went black again, so I have to force a reboot. Now I get the error message system has recovered from a serious error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-screen-going-black-must-have-a-virus.921546/
Relevancy 79.98%

My poor old Dell Latitude is having two issues:

1.  It's running unbearably slow for some reason.  It takes forever for programs to open, etc.

2.  It frequently black screens (then comes up with an error saying the display driver stopped working), and today just blue screened.  Before the blue screen went away and my comp restarted, I thought I caught something saying the display driver timed out or something.  

I'm not sure where to look to see if I have a virus or something, but I have the free version of Avast and that's it.  And I'm not sure if I need to update some display driver, or where to do so.  Any takers?

A:Black screen, blue screen... Bleh.

Sure...that's what challenges are for .

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516989/black-screen-blue-screen-bleh/
Relevancy 79.98%

All of a sudden, I get the Blue Screen of Death, then when I restart computer the screen stays black, even though its running. Any help would really be appreciated.

A:Blue Screen of Death Then Black Screen

If you can get to the F8 screen, try last known good configuration option. If can't reach that screen, pretty soon regular BC techs will appear, follow their advice, you can't go wrong.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573456/blue-screen-of-death-then-black-screen/
Relevancy 79.98%

Blue screen of death now just black screen...that features a blinking underscore icon....

The horror....the horror....

What have I done?

Anyone have any idea how to get my PC back running?

Cant run TSG Sysinfo obviously. The PC is running Windows XP 32 bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Relevancy 77.4%

Hey guys First time with a serious computer issue here goes Had this Laptop ehh bout months now Really didnt have any issues till recent help! screen? Black Blue Please by =( screen...Followed Bout a Week ago I Black screen...Followed by Blue screen? Please help! =( start up my Computer and I get the Black Screen Followed By Winload exe may be missing or corrupt Ok I go and see that its a common issue with Windows owners I looked around Black screen...Followed by Blue screen? Please help! =( and since my computer didnt come with a Recovery Disc I Burned one from a Website for the x Tried Booting from Disc to from my Laptop and when it looks like it wants to go to the Recovery Screen and Blue Screen Pops up FRUSTRATION SETS IN lol The error message that follows is PROCESS INTIALIZATION FAILED with alot of other text something like if i installed new hardware I dont have any usb's plugged in at all This is super frustration as i have maybe worth of music on there Any help would be appreciated thanks

A:Black screen...Followed by Blue screen? Please help! =(

Guess the computer has been through a lot since it is now black and blue. In any event, if you follow these instructions, one of our members will be able to help you.
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/282628-black-screen-followed-blue-screen-please-help.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hey,i have a windows 7x64.Yesterday while watching videos my screen started jumping and crashed to a blue screen with(QPR is not less or equal i think) and after that i restarted and it came with other errors.Now when i switch on the laptop it only shows black screen with no option to do anything.PLEASE HELP

A:Blue screen and black screen HELP

Pen list corrupted is the othet error i get.I am using Lenovo B560,Intel core i3,Intel HD graphics,4GiG Ram,500GIG HDD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232867-blue-screen-black-screen-help.html
Relevancy 77.4%

From time to time, I get the Blue Screen of Death. Then, right after I turn the computer back on, I get a black screen. It doesn't get to the Windows page at all. I tried unplugging the computer, taking out the battery, and pressing the start button for several seconds, as I saw a lot of answers like this when searching for help. Now, my screen is flickering green stripes across the webpages I visit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Blue Screen Then Black Screen

Also on this topic
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1146490-blue-screen-death.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-then-black-screen.1146687/
Relevancy 77.4%

I was getting a blue screen to fast to copy content and then a black restart screen After choosing the start normally option it restarted then a black screen came up stating that it could not boot to use a disk to boot from I used screen / /Black Blue Screen the disk I made upon my first obtaining the computer and it did not work just need to boot from disk message I took it to CompUSA for a diagnostic and they said that the hard drive was bad so I bought a new Tb drive The next day the same thing happened as before I took it back to CompUSA They Blue Screen / /Black screen told me that there was no OS on the hard drive and they refunded all costs and reloaded the OS Windows Vista Home Premium and when I took it home it worked fine for a week and now it will blues screen and give me the black recovery screen where I choose the start normally option It boots ok and seems to run ok as well It will not give me any problems Blue Screen / /Black screen if I keep it on but if I shut it down and in the morning start it up it keeps giving me a blue screen with a recovery black screen with me choosing the start normally option I have run all kinds of maleware checks and virus scans and nothing I have done a memory test and it says that my memory is good After reading all the BSOD posts I can t find any similar problems or solutions to this problem All Windows Vista updates are done along with all updates from HP Sow how can I fix this My systems information is as follows Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Nettle Antivirus Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled How can I fix this Thanks all of you for your time and consideration PS I don t know how to get to the minidump files nor how to zip and upload them to this forum nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

after logging in to windows i will either get a black screen or the pc will start to log and after i attempt to give the pc any commands like opening internet explorer or task manager the pc crashes and goes to the blue screen it only flashes screen blue black screen then for a few seconds so I never get to see what it says I blue screen then black screen have run malware bytes spybot search and destroy and a system mechanic registry repair none of these have helped while doing the prep for this post i was not able to download the gmer zip file it downloaded as a word doc THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Internet Explorer Run by John at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm blue screen then black screen exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService blue screen then black screen C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uDefault Page URL hxxp lenovo live com uStart Page hxxp smallmiraclesacademy org uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Skype add-on for Internet Explorer ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler b f a - e - -ba - b e ff - c progra micros office URLREDIR DLL BHO Bing Bar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - quot c program files microsoft bingbar BingExt dll quot BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB Bing Bar dcb -df - - - fa b f - quot c program files microsoft bingbar BingExt dll quot TB BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - No File TB FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - No File uRun Sidebar c program files windows sidebar sidebar exe autoRun uRun WorkForce Network c windows system spool drivers w x e fatifja exe fu quot c windows temp E SE F tmp quot EF quot HKCU quot uRun PMSpeed c program files newsoft presto pagemanager for ep PMSpeed EXE uRun WorkForce Network Copy c windows system spool drivers w x e fatifja exe fu quot c windows temp E S C tmp quot EF quot HKCU quot uRun Skype quot c program files skype phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe uRun Fitbit Service Monitor c program files fitbit fitbit-tray exe uRunServices SoftWareInstallShield c users john appdata local temp exe mRun Apoint c program files apoint k Apoint exe mRun ACTray c program files thinkpad connectutilities ACTray exe mRun ACWlIcon c program files thinkpad connectutilities ACWlIcon exe mRun IdeaNotesUser c program files ddni lenovo idea notes DDNIMSGUser exe mRun RoxWatchTray quot c program files common files roxio shared sharedcom RoxWatchTray exe quot mRun SmartAudio c program files conexant smartaudio SMAUDIO EXE c mRun TPFNF c program files leno... Read more

A:blue screen then black screen

Hi,My name is Casey and I will be helping you with your malware problems.Whilst we work on the problems in your logs, it is very important that you do not make any changes to this PC. Specifically, do not run any further malware removal tools or try to remove anything yourself.You may wish to "Watch Topic" so that you are immediately informed of any replies I make. I also ask that you reply to my posts within 5 days else your topic will be closed as stale.Throughout the removal process, if you have any questions then you should ask them. If you are unsure of my instructions or something does not go as planned - then please tell me. Conversely, it is also important that you answer any questions I have and that you keep me updated on the state of the PC. Out of curiosity, how did you get DDS to run? Download and run ComboFixWe will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixEnsure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. If you are prompted to install the Recovery Console, then please do so.Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.Note: If you have trouble running ComboFix, then please rename ComboFix.exe to Caseyboy.com and re-run.Regards,Casey

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446308/blue-screen-then-black-screen/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello! When I am using my computer ( browsing, games), at random moments, the screen will power off and in 5-10 seconds my headset audio and or speakers

will disappear. The power button will then flash on and off and the computer still is running. When i boot up, i will get an error once in desktop that

my computer had just experienced a blue screen error( mind the fact that the screen never showed me a blue screen). I had a graphics card driver issue,

which i solved, but still i get these shut offs. I don't believe it is due to overheating as i regularly dust out my computer as well as make sure my

cooling and GPU/ CPU temperatures are well. Once i get a reply to this topic, i will post my complete system settings.

A:Black Screen , Blue Screen?

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program. To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.Go to Windows Explorer and locate C:\Windows\minidump folder. Do you see .dmp files? If yes, please check the last 3 minidump dates and post it on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482693/black-screen-blue-screen/
Relevancy 73.53%

I use Snagit V8.1.0 and have done so successfully for many years. Now on Windows 10 whre it has always worked fine up to now.

Suddenly, whenever I click on the capture button my entire screen goes black. Therefore I can't see anything to capture!

I have also tried this with Screenshot Captor and the same thing happens.

I am not aware of changing any settings.

Please help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/problem-with-screen-capture-screen-goes-black-1109361.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi all, I need some help. It's only happened a couple of times once a while ago and once just recently. The problem is my computer screen just goes black and theres nothing I can do to sort it.

I press the reset button - nothing happens, doesnt reset
I press the on/off switch - nothing happens, doesnt turn off
I unplug it and plug it back in - nothing happens, still black screen

The only thing that works is if I unplug and leave it overnight, then it works ok (I know you arent supposed to do but that is the only way what seems to work).

I cant remember what I was doing when it first happened, but the last time I was downloading one of the critical updates from microsoft.

Any help or advise would be gratefully appreciated.

Windows XP Home
1600+ Athlon
60GB HDD
ATI Radeon 7000

Relevancy 73.53%

when i power on my laptop i get a black screen with blue box thats reads enter administrator password or power on password and after 3 attempts a code pops up that is 72600669. can you help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/black-screen-blue-box/td-p/5806196
Relevancy 73.53%

Note my name, I really hardly know one button from another on these infernal machines but I have to try something to fix a very annoying very recent problem. Since some sort of MS download (no idea which one) my screen goes black & can't always be brought back by plugging and unplugging. Now, even when I log on it is black. Sometimes I can get it back, but if I leave the pc for too long off it goes again not to be retrieved at all. The monitor is happy & healthy when i do get it back so what is happening and how do I fix it?

A:Black Screen (or is it blue?)

Hello vege gardener,
If this happened after a download, then try a system restore.
Follow the link and restore to a point before the problems started, good luck and post your results.

System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/234998-black-screen-blue.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hey Everyone Sorry about posting a problem as my first post, but I hope to contribute to the community in the future! I'm just currently having an issue with a family friends computer and am not too sure what the solution might be. Here's the run down (with an attachment):

I am able to log in to the main user of the computer, but when I do, it brings me to a black screen with a blue task bar. I am able to use ctrl alt del and get into task manager, which is opened in the screen shot. Nothing else works. I was also able to get into windows boot manager once by pressing f8 and selecting boot manager, but since running a repair, it no longer works. When I click boot manager, it just starts the computer up like normal.

The computer did not come with a windows 8 dvd. Thank you guys in advance for your help!!

A:Black Screen w/ Blue Bar

Can you press the Windows Key and the letter X to get the menu to appear in the bottom left corner of the screen ?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/27015-black-screen-w-blue-bar.html
Relevancy 73.53%

After trying to open Windows XP Professional on my other Computer it started to open then up came a Screen saying "Operating System failed to Boot then just stayed there. This happens every time

I have tried to reinstall XP Professional but up comes the same screen. Any ideas please ?

Thank you

Norman F White

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-a-blue-screen-but-a-black-one.704639/
Relevancy 73.53%

First off not real computer literate. Was reading a website when screen went to the blue screen. Powered off then powered computer back up. The screen with the dell emblem came up as is the norm. At that point the screen goes dark. I can and have run the f-12 test. Got test failed 2000-0146, 0f001a44, and 0f00-244. Is there any way to get the screen with icons on it to come up. Thanks
2008 inspiron1720, windows vista, centrino
Thanks

A:blue screen to black out

I would post more info on the dump files and add items but there is bo access to computer with screen blacked out.
Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/254754-blue-screen-black-out.html
Relevancy 72.67%

In need of serious help To begin I am stupid and haven't backed up any of of Stuck blue after death screen screen death, of black on my files so for now a windows reinstall is out of the Stuck on black screen of death, after blue screen of death question unless it's completely necessary okay so the problem I was using my computer as normal Then while on Google Chrome it started getting slow and said quot not responding quot this happens all the time to everyone so I waited and then the dreaded Blue screen of death appeared Didn't get a look at what it said because it shut down almost immediately After that it loaded as normal Which is weird I think But got stuck after startup on the black screen of death All I have is a cursor Can't do ctrl alt del can't load any of the safe modes When I go on startup repair it says quot no restore points quot on system restore and quot could not detect a problem quot on system repair or whatever it's called There must be something to fix this I live in hope that the whole system doesn't need to be wiped clean because as I said I stupidly haven quot t backed up my files Can anyone help Please

A:Stuck on black screen of death, after blue screen of death

this sounds like it should be a BSOD thread, post a seperate thread in the BSOD section following the posting instructions for BSODs, make sure you include the dump files, if you don't know how to do that, it should tell you in the BSOD posting instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368783-stuck-black-screen-death-after-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Spent the last days loading Win Help Black Blue Screen & Crash on a PC I rebuilt What a pain in the rear Anyway got it loaded and files restored but there appears Black & Blue Screen Crash Help to be a problem Hopefully I am not an isolated case Black & Blue Screen Crash Help My puter will all the sudden either go to a BLUE or BLACK screen with no ERROR MESSAGE and just freezes Only pattern I notice sometimes when I start a program or let the system sit idle and it goes into auto screen power save It is annoying as heck I have checked the drivers for my video DVD CD printer and HDD through MS WIN feature All up to date Updated Win and checked all the little things I know to do HELP PLEASE THXSKEDIT Ok pattern established If I go to START and either try to use the LOG OFF or SWITCH USER Crash to BLACK and then BLUE Black & Blue Screen Crash Help About to the point of removing WIN and going back to WIN XP PRO Whatever happened to Win NT it was stable and reliable

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279772/black-blue-screen-crash-help/
Relevancy 72.67%

I dont know if i should call this blue or black screen of death.  What happens is that when i try to boot up my computer i cannot load up my desktop.  I get the welcome screen and the sound that the desktop is up but my screen then immediately goes to black.  My system the restarts and im able to load up in safe mode with networking.

OS - Windows 7· 32 bit· Is the OS is a full retail version· Age of system- 2 years· Age of OS installation- 2 years ago· CPU- i5 4670k· Video Card- nvidia gtx 780ti
Desktop

I was able to perform the sysnative file collection app however when I tried to perform the perfmon /report in cmd prompt another window popped up.

A:Black/Blue Screen of Death

Hi. . .

The bugcheck on all 4 dumps was 0x116 - video driver was unable to reset within 30 seconds.

Probable cause was listed as NVIDIA video -

nvlddmkm.sys Thu Mar 03 04:14:37 2016 (56D8007D)

https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys

Update the driver. If BSODs continue, roll the driver back to a prior version.

If BSODs continue after that, test the video card - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/hardware-tutorials/3907-furmark-display-card-stress-test.html

You may also have to swap the video card out even if the results of Furmark were favorable.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\030716-14804-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.19135.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.160121-1718
Debug session time: Mon Mar 7 13:12:40.703 2016 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:33:03.874
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+162584 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`0cb94010 fffff880`07843584 00000000`00000000 00000000`0000000d
BiosVersion = 1007
BiosReleaseDate = 05/17/2013
SystemManufacturer = ASUS
SystemProductName = All Series
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3405
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\030716-17799-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Mon Mar 7 13:45:36.374 2016 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:55.170
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`0f89a010 fffff880`0f5ed584 00000000`00000000 00000000`0000000d
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\030716-30888-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Mon Mar 7 13:14:57.994 2016 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:35.165
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+162584 )
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`1b9964e0 fffff880`0f605584 00000000`00000000 00000000`0000000d
BiosVersion = 1007
BiosReleaseDate = 05/17/2013
SystemManufacturer = ASUS
SystemProductName = All Series
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3405
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607390/blackblue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 72.67%

my hp pavillion a6720y will not boot up it has a black screen or blue hp screen or it sez to reboot with bootable software or bootable media device or something close to that what is wrong with my computer ... Now I did try plugging in a ipod a couple of hours before the computer when on vacation ... Can anyone help me...

A:black n blue hp screen ahhhhhhhhh

Hi and welcome to TSF this may be your issue http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392 also check there is nothing in the cd\dvd drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-n-blue-hp-screen-ahhhhhhhhh-503677.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Vista upgraded a HP Pavilion Slimline May have been a bit slow in shutdown and locked up in desktop screen I pulled the plug to shut off I later restarted and got a blue screen with no response to keystrokes I found in win or days that if you leave a blue screen on long enough the starting screen may become up In this case on restart I got a black screen with nothing happening I tried a basic downloaded boot disk No response on several tries No way to determine what the specific problem is except that Black of Blue screen death! and then whatever procedures are listed here tend to assume there will be a response to a proper type of disk Quite a few Blue and then Black screen of death! disk developers recovery say they can boot whatever you have Norton which works closely with Win has a utility to Blue and then Black screen of death! beat open a non-responding computer However something must be able to find the stopping point and with a dead screen I don't know what type or whose disk to use So which recovery path do I take first

A:Blue and then Black screen of death!

Welcome
Start here:
Create a recovery disc using another computer.
If you create a recovery DVD, you may be able to boot to recovery options
Create Recovery DVD.
Hard Disc Controller must be set to IDE in BIOS and Bios must be set to boot from the CD Boot Priority - Change

The Vista recovery disk is used to boot Vista when it won't boot - to run Startup Repair, System Restore, access a Command Line, Recover using a Vista Backup Image, etc.
System Recovery Options. Choose an option tht will not cause you to lose your stuff.

If Vista will not start now, boot the Recovery CD to run Startup Repair which automates System Restore as well as numerous other tests including System File Checker which can repair system files which are not corrupted beyond repair.

If Vista still will not start, try booting into Safe Mode to run sfc /scannow to repair System files.
Special Thanks Given to Seven Forums.

Below is a bulletin distributed by MS to explain the start up procedure when Windows will not boot.
Startup Repair. Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files, that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair is located on the System Recovery Options menu, which is on the Windows Vista installation disc. If your computer has preinstalled recovery options, it might also be stored on your computer's hard disk. For more information, see Startup Repair: frequently asked questions and What are the system recovery options in Windows Vista? If your computer does not include Startup Repair, your computer manufacturer might have customized or replaced the tool. Check the information that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.Change restart settings in safe mode. If your computer is stuck in a loop where Windows fails, attempts to restart, and then fails again repeatedly, restart your computer in safe mode and select the Disable automatic restart on system failure checkbox. For more information, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).Reinstall. If no other options have solved the problem, and you are sure that your computer's hardware is functioning normally, you might need to reinstall Windows. A custom (clean) installation of Windows will permanently delete all of the files on your computer and reinstall Windows, so only use this option if all other recovery options have been unsuccessful. After the installation, you will need to reinstall your programs and restore your files from backup copies. For more information, see Installing and reinstalling Windows**.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/296218-blue-then-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 72.67%

OK so i just installed win8 it seemed to be doing OK and then it did the first boot up and the screen was flashing all different colors well it gave me the first run tutorial which didn't seem to be working right i tried to reboot looked good then i got a flashing black and blue screen and now nothing... im going to try a reboot and some other things well i wate for a reply but im not grate at the software side of things so i thought id post here for some help thanks in advance!

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/10618-flashing-black-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 72.67%

This is the issue I'm having I start up my computer and after about - min it either blue screens black screens Its not a virus I've re-formatted a few times after a crash and still the same issue I've asked computer shops and quot gurus quot about the issue and no one can give me a answer On another note A few months ago About the person who I bought my computer from installed the graphics card wrong and the card would slip out of place I moved my card to the secondary slot and the origional slot had been fried After I resolved this issue the computer would run fine But recently It started doing same ol same ol my Nvidia control panel screen blue/black Computer has a quot Data Execution quot Error every time I try to open it Here is the crash issue Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP BCP BCP BCP CC DC OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Caul Computer blue/black screen AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Caul AppData Local Temp WER B tmp version txt Access is denied when I try to open them Any info would be great thx

A:Computer blue/black screen

Hi and welcome to TSF please do not post your email address it is a invitation to get spammed I have removed it for your own security,Now can you please follow the instructions here http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html and upload the files so that a analyst can check the dumps and look for the cause

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-blue-black-screen-663316.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Suspect graphics driver problem but not sure

It is a Packard Bell OneTwo All in One M D6020b

Tried Safe Mode, Last Good, System Restore (failed)

Sfc from cmd in RE

Chkdsk /r also

Unable to do anything when screen flashes on and off - it happens just before or after the welcome screen appears

How can I get into the thing to make changes ?

Thanks

A:Screen Flashes Blue & Black at Welcome

is this a laptop or an All In One PC? what exactly do you mean by " screen flashes on and off"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-flashes-blue-black-at-welcome.1160389/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hey guys

been having this probelm for awhile now, solved it for a while by dedusting my comp but its happening more and more now, ive uploaded what u required. have to hold down the power button to solve it.

Windows 7 was installed witht he comp over a year ago now

A:blue screen (well black) of death

Quote: Originally Posted by Ravendude

Hey guys

been having this probelm for awhile now, solved it for a while by dedusting my comp but its happening more and more now, ive uploaded what u required. have to hold down the power button to solve it.

Windows 7 was installed witht he comp over a year ago now

First I would remove Symantec. A known cause of BSOD's and 2 years old. Then update the following

Code:
PxHlpa64.sys 3/12/2008 9:58:17 PM fffff880`010d9000 fffff880`010e4d00 0x0000bd00 0x47d88a39
e1y62x64.sys 6/12/2009 9:16:42 PM fffff880`04224000 fffff880`0426d000 0x00049000 0x4a32fdfa
ccHPx64.sys 6/19/2009 7:28:39 PM fffff880`040cf000 fffff880`04162000 0x00093000 0x4a3c1f27
SymIMv.sys 6/22/2009 7:11:56 PM fffff880`02c8a000 fffff880`02c95000 0x0000b000 0x4a400fbc
SRTSPX64.SYS 6/22/2009 10:47:54 PM fffff880`02de0000 fffff880`02df4000 0x00014000 0x4a40425a
SYMEFA64.SYS 6/23/2009 5:52:39 PM fffff880`01072000 fffff880`010d9000 0x00067000 0x4a414ea7
SYMEVENT64x86.SYS 6/24/2009 4:19:12 PM fffff880`02d20000 fffff880`02d56000 0x00036000 0x4a428a40
SYMTDI.SYS 7/6/2009 8:28:48 PM fffff880`02cd4000 fffff880`02d20000 0x0004c000 0x4a5296c0
Norton 360 How to uninstall
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/167246-blue-screen-well-black-death.html
Relevancy 72.67%

My compute has a not quite black screen at startupI uinderstand that this migh tbe cuased from a Windows automatic updateI am not able to do a system restore as there is no video

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Blue-or-Black-screen-at-startup/td-p/5785674
Relevancy 72.67%

Please Help

Firstly my computer screen was blue and gave me a Error Stop c0000211 bad image check-sum , then I tried most of the advice on line nothing work then I read if I reinstall Xp the problem will go away but then the screen just when Black ?.now I have tried for day to fix it done most of the things I read on line but still nothing

Few thing I have done
CTRL+ALT+Del = nothing/no change
Avira Rescue CD = No Virus and nothing / no change
Reinstalled xp = no change
F8 Boot = Nothing /no change
Memtest86= Nothing/no change

Still the screen is black it start off fine the just goes black , im running out of options please help

Thanks

A:Blue screen now black when login on

Please tell us about your hardware... and the cd used to attempt your reinstall.

How long did you run memtest, and what do you mean "nothing/nochange"?
(Memtest does not try to repair anything; it simply reports whether your ram is good.)

You cannot enter safe mode. So...
Have you looked at the MSKB article that relates?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-now-black-when-login-on.154013/
Relevancy 72.67%

Brief overview:

Everytime i load up I get a Black Screen/prompt Before Welcome Screen. The System hangs on until i click ok.

This window's prompt is always a different title with the name of a location. Inside this pop-up window are square charaters(usually two square characters). It is square because my system cannot read that type of character(I think thats why the are square characters). So to get passed it to reach the "Welcome" screen, I must click "OK". After I click "OK", the "Welcome" window comes up, and then everything is ok as I am on my "desktop screen".

I dont want to loose my existing data....ive check on another site to no help...PLEASE TECH SUPPORT HELP ME

This is what it looks like > http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7449/omnkq8v9n1ke64q7cp667d0.jpg

A:HELP PLEASE! Start up blue/black pop up box Before Welcome Screen!

DDS (Ver_09-03-16.01) - NTFSx86
Run by Jordan at 20:09:50.29 on 19/03/2009
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_07
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.3070.2428 [GMT -7:00]

AV: AVG Anti-Virus Free *On-access scanning enabled* (Updated)
FW: COMODO Firewall Pro *disabled*

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k WudfServiceGroup
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\cmdagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe
C:\Program Files\Stardock\ObjectDock\ObjectDock.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\sp_rsser.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Xfire\Xfire.exe
C:\Program Files\Ventrilo\Ventrilo.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Jordan\My Documents\dds.scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uWindow Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo! UK & Ireland
uSearchMigratedDefaultURL = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8
uSearch Bar = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uSearch Page = hxxp://www.google.com
uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com/
mDefault_Search_URL = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uSearchAssistant = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q=%s
mSearchAssistant = hxxp://www.google.com/ie
uURLSearchHooks: Yahoo! Toolbar: {ef99bd32-c1fb-11d2-892f-0090271d4f88} -
uURLSearchHooks: H - No File
BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer: {3049c3e9-b461-4bc5-8870-4c09146192ca} - c:\program files\real\realplayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
BHO: BitComet Helper: {39f7e362-828a-4b5a-bcaf-5b79bfdfea60} - c:\program files\bitcomet\tools\BitCometBHO_1.2.2.28.dll
BHO: AVG Safe Search: {3ca2f312-6f6e-4b53-a66e-4e65e497c8c0} - c:\program files\avg\avg8\avgssie.dll
BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection: {53707962-6f74-2d53-2644-206d7942484f} - c:\program files\spybot - search & destroy\SDHelper.dll
BHO: SSVHelper Class: {761497bb-d6f0-462c-b6eb-d4daf1d92d43} - c:\program files\java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper: {9030d464-4c02-4abf-8ecc-5164760863c6} - c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
BHO: AVG Security Toolbar: {a057a204-bacc-4d26-9990-79a187e2698e} - c:\progra~1\avg\avg8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
BHO: Google Toolbar Helper: {aa58ed58-01dd-4d91-8333-cf10577473f7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO: {af69de43-7d58-4638-b6fa-ce66b5ad205d} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbarnotifier\3.0.1225.9868\swg.dll
BHO: FDMIECookiesBHO Class: {cc59e0f9-7e43-44fa-9faa-8377850bf205} - c:\program files\free download manager\iefdm2.dll
TB: &Google: {2318c2b1-4965-11d4-9b18-009027a5cd4f} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
TB: AVG Security Toolbar: {a057a204-bacc-4d26-9990-79a187e2698e} - c:\progra~1\avg\avg8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
TB: Yahoo! Toolbar: {ef99bd32-c1fb-11d2-892f-0090271d4f88} -
TB: {144A6B24-0EBC-4D89-BF09-A06A718E57B5} - No File
uRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
uRun: [ISUSPM] "c:\program files\common files\installshield\updateservice\ISUSPM.exe" -scheduler
mRun: [AVG8_TRAY] c:\progra~1\avg\avg8\avgtray.exe
mRun: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE c:\windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
mRun: [SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics] "c:\program files\thomson\speedtouch usb\Dragdiag.exe" /icon
mRun: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE c:\windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
dRun: [CTFMON.EXE] c:\w... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-start-up-blue-black-pop-up-box-before-welcome-screen.817198/
Relevancy 72.67%

I hit f1 by accident because laptop was freezing up and now I can't log on since that space is covered with a back rectangle. What should I do.

A:Have a blue screen with black rectangle

Never mind, problem fixed! Amen!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-a-blue-screen-with-black-rectangle.1103702/
Relevancy 72.67%

I was playing on unreal tournament 2004, then the next thing i knew the screen went tottaly black and was just a blank blue screen.
i restarted the computer and when i got back on it said the system had recoverd from a serious error.

here is the error signature:
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F79302CC BCP3 : F7C7D990
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-blue-screen-error.365544/
Relevancy 72.67%

can anyon help?
I have a Toshiba laptop with windows 7
when I tried to open it I got a black background with a blue Windows logo on
after a few seconds loading it goes to a black screen with no curser

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396436-black-screen-blue-logo.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I justr turned on my pc this morning and after being asked whether to boot from last known good or from normal, the screen goes blue/black and just stays like that and nothing happens hope its nothing serious. I don't have a backup cd.

A:Blue/black screen after startup

Have you tried booting into safe mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-black-screen-after-startup.908874/
Relevancy 72.67%

This first time I got a Blue Screen with the following message Stop Error x A x x x xc Searching the MS Support forums indicated that I had a Windows Server I don't It's a Dell Inspiron Running XP Pro SP When I tried to start in 'Safe Mode' my PC quickly reverted to the Blue Screen Same happened Screen gone has this message Blue with Black when I rebooted more times but the message changed x E xC x AE XF XF C x A x x x x F F Same as No The fifth and sixth times I rebooted I Blue Screen has gone Black with this message got a black screen with the following multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System DRIVERS PCIIDEX SYS multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System DRIVERS pcmcia sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System Drivers MountMgr sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System DRIVERS ftdisk sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System drivers dmload sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System drivers dmio sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System Drivers PartMgr sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System drivers sfsync sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System Drivers VolSnap sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System DRIVERS atapi sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System DRIVERS disk sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System drivers fltmgr sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System DRIVERS sr sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System drivers drvmcdb sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System Drivers PxHelp sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System Drivers KSecDd sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System Drivers Ntfs sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System Drivers NDIS sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System drivers sfhlp sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System drivers sfdrv sys multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System DRIVERS ohci BUS SYS multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System DRIVERS BUS SYS multi disc rdisk partition WINDOWS System Drivers Mup sys Press Esc to cancel loading SPTD sys Now it's stuck on the black screen - which I have copied upper and lower case is exactly as displayed I'm really someone can make me

A:Blue Screen has gone Black with this message

The fact that the error code changes, would lead me to believe you have a hardware issue...most likely with the memory.

Power off the PC, remove the power cord, open the case, and unplug/re-insert all data and power cables. Also remove-reseat all cards and memory. Now would also be a good time to blow all the dust and dirt out of the case, fans, and heatsinks with canned air.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-has-gone-black-with-this-message-413139.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Every time I Start up XP I get a Black Screen/prompt Before Welcome Screen. The System stalls until I click the OK prompt.

This window's prompt is always a different title with the name of a location. Inside this pop-up window are square characters(usually two square characters). It is square because my system cannot read that type of character(I think thats why they are square characters). So to get by it to reach the "Welcome" screen, I must click "OK". After I click "OK", the "Welcome" window comes up, and then everything is ok as I am on my "desktop screen".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-please-start-up-blue-black-pop-up-box-before-welcome-screen.845958/
Relevancy 72.67%

Suspect graphics driver problem but not sure

Tried Safe Mode, Last Good, System Restore (failed)

Sfc from cmd in RE

Chkdsk /r also

Unable to do anything when screen flashes on and off - it happens just before or after the welcome screen appears

How can I get into the thing to make changes ?

Thanks

A:Screen Flashes Black & Blue at Welcome

What is the make and model of this computer?

Did this problem persist in Safe Mode?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596354/screen-flashes-black-blue-at-welcome/
Relevancy 72.67%

I turned my computer off when it was taking a long time to shut down and now I'm paying the price.

When I try to load regularly I get a Blue Screen of Death--screenshot attached.

The system them automatically restarts and gives me the option to start normally or launch windows repair. If i do the former, it goes BSOD and loops back to where I started.

If I choose the later, the system loads the files, then shows the windows logo, but them goes to the Black Screen of Death, i.e. a black screen with an over-sized mouse.

I've have search for suggestion, and tried most of them, but simple tech moves (unless I missed something) do not seem to work.

What can I do?

A:Blue AND Black Screen of death

The Repair choice should have given you options, not loaded Windows. Did you give the black screen with the arrow a good five minutes just in case?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blue-and-black-screen-of-death-680842.html
Relevancy 72.24%

This is the most peculiar behavior I've ever seen from a computer. You're at the computer and the print screen key prints the previous screen rather than printing the current screen.

Another peculiarity on this PC is that it is running a paid version of PDF 995. This is software that is used to convert non-PDF files into PDFs. It is behaving very strangely. Instead of capturing the current document, it appears to actually create a PDF that is a print-capture of the previous screen - the desktop screen that was up before you brought the document up onto the display.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

It's running Windows XP Pro. The hardware is a 2.5GHz CPU with 256 MR of RAM. I haven't noticed any other odd behavior on the PC yet. No recent downloads that I know of.

A:Print Screen Key Prints Previous Screen

I'm running a virus & spyware scans now.

I'll be sure to post to let everyone know how the problem gets solved.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34825/print-screen-key-prints-previous-screen/
Relevancy 71.81%

I'm getting the black screen with movable cursor or KSOD Black Screen Of Death on Windows (Black Vista Black Of Death) Screen screen or with cursor movable KSOD Vista Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista What happens The system powers on POST BIOS Start windows normally Windows splash screen - gt Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista Black screen lt - What I can do I CAN enter BIOS and have reset the default settings I CAN press F to give me advanced boot options but all options have the same result apart from quot Repair your computer quot I CAN load the quot Repair your computer quot option I CAN move the mouse around the screen I CAN press shift times to get a dialogue to appear but no control panel I CAN press the power button to shut down the system I CAN start up in safe Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista mode which is exactly the same but with lower resolution I CANNOT seem to do anything else However there are workarounds to accessing the hard drive I CAN use MSDaRT or the System Recovery Tool I CAN use the hard drive as an external USB hard drive on another machine What I've tried Startup Repair - Could not detect a problem System Restore - No restore points Windows Complete PC Restore - A valid restore location could not be found Windows Memory Diagnostics - No errors SFC Scan - No problems Stand alone system sweeper - No problems Hotfix Uninstall - Nothing to uninstall I also COULD do a partial or full quot Packard Bell Recovery quot which is essentially like reinstalling windows I DO NOT want to do this I'm sure this is just a simple software issue really and I would rather avoid a reinstall Can anyone recommend what steps I should try to resolve this Thanks

A:Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista

I think I saw this post aver at Toms but I also think you gave some additional info.
I think what may be going on it during the switch from the windows low res video driver to the driver used in normal mode.

Since you can get into safe mode try to go to device manager.
Start|right click computer|properties|device manager.
Look in the display adapter.
Is there a yellow exclamation mark there?
Or is it showing the video that you know should be there?
Please post the video that the machine uses and or the PB model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-movable-cursor-or-ksod-black-screen-of-death-vista-410636.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I m quite sure that if i get one more memory dump i m going to throw this unit out my very high my very very high window Ok of death and white=blue black screen I am so frustrated like most people who turn to forums I ve got the old quot black and black and white=blue screen of death white game trying to run on xp home quot problem I ve tried all the patches and compadability changes and here s the thing when i get to patch it says i m not running the right version of the game and it s not compatible what s the most weird is black and white=blue screen of death that when i try to get the patch installed the patch that CAME on the disk it says the same thing when i run the game it goes to startup then poof with the blue screen of death I ve attempted BIOS updates driver updates NOTHING is working not even creature isle Which is said to be xp compatible will work I just want to play my game thanks for your time and help amd athalon g ati rage mobility VIA AC nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Howdy gang I recently got my The Feared Blue Screen... black a Only version! Much computer spotless clean with the help of Gringo over on The Much Feared Blue Screen... Only a black version! the Malware forums Many thanks to him again The reason I The Much Feared Blue Screen... Only a black version! ended up there was because I was getting a problem where at random times during random programs the computer would lose signal to the monitor Pause for a while then reboot Figuring I might have old hardware profiles that needed updating I went to check The Much Feared Blue Screen... Only a black version! my windows updater and found it was disabled A short series of checks and Gringo was head to head with a Zero Acess Infection which he promptly kicked the backside of However since then the black screen issue has returned It seems it wasn t Malware related It doesn t seem to have any obvious pattern Sometimes it happens when nothing it happening at all and when I get back to the computer there is just an error log Sometimes it happens twice in a row sometimes not for hours CPU and GPU seem to be at normal temps When windows reboots it has the following error log Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA C A BCP FFFFF FDA BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Bevans AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I ve updated Windows updated my video card drivers and updated my Facebook Nah I m only kidding I don t have facebook but I do have this problem If you can find a solution you shall be hailed as a KING ON EARTH Fail And I shall thank you for trying but secretly resent mankind for many many years till I can gain revenge through the use of mutant ants I have trained to carry machine guns Any help would be fantastic

A:The Much Feared Blue Screen... Only a black version!

Let's try this.Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.When autoscan is done (screen comes up), click Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.Save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.Also, please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and paste the content into your next post.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471052/the-much-feared-blue-screen-only-a-black-version/
Relevancy 71.81%

Which file is displayed at bootup in XP Pro?
(black background, with the blue 'rolling' bar)
I've seen some (like mine) that only say: XP (but it is XP Pro).
Others say: XP Professional.
Is it just a .BMP or what?

A:Which file is the black XP boot-screen with the blue bar?

Its been a long time since I've tried meddling with boot up screens. But if I recall correctly, its a 256 color bmp embedded in the ntoskrnl.exe. To modify it you need a hex/resource editor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-file-is-the-black-xp-boot-screen-with-the-blue-bar.33307/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop with licensed Windows Vista Home Premium -bit and screen mouse pointer Blue/Black Yesterday it crashed and is only displaying an error message File Boot BCD Status xc Info The Windows Boot Configuration Data file is missing required information According to this document Error message when you start Windows Vista quot The Windows Boot Configuration Data file is missing required information quot I have to repair my computer I have three recovery disks only but Blue/Black screen and mouse pointer not original Blue/Black screen and mouse pointer Windows install disks I insert the first recovery disk Laptop reads the disk and displays the options to choose It gave me two options Start VAIO Recovery Center Repair Windows Vista -bit I choose the default hilighted option Then it displays quot Windows is loading files quot message and then a progress bar and quot Microsoft Corparation quot After this nothing happens Blue/Black screen and mouse pointer All I see on the screen is the mouse pointer but the screen itself is blank blue black For hours and hours nothing happens Are my recovery disks also bad What options I have now to recover repair

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/301721-blue-black-screen-mouse-pointer.html