Windows Support Forum

New modem installed and now I have local access only

Q: New modem installed and now I have local access only

Vista is the devil. I had internet access through wifi until the modem was changed on the main computer where I am. Now on my laptop it comes up as local access only and unidentified network.

To access the internet in the first place, I had to deactivate the IPv6 setting. I have no idea what I'm doing, so I tried reactivating it again and it made no difference so it's currently deactivated.

The guy from the company (Movistar, Chile... Could it be any worse) said that the new modem had no IP address, and everyone else's computer works fine on wifi.

Do I need to reset something on my computer to recognise the new modem? Or should I just throw it on the ground and claim it in insurance I'm over vistaaa!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New modem installed and now I have local access only

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: New modem installed and now I have local access only

Are you able to view the tcp/ip settings to check the ip addresses?
It's possible that your modem is not getting the correct address to the PC.

Check your IPv4 settings (subnet mask, gateway, IP..sorry not on a Vista on 7 computer at the moment)

If your addresses read: "0's"..etc, you can contact your ISP to determine the correct addresses to use (if the technique below doesn't help).

---
For now, try this:

1. Go to the command prompt

2. Type: ipconfig /release then press Enter

3. Next, type: ipconfig /renew then press Enter

4. Now try to connect.

--
If you still have no addresses showing under "auto-detect," You can then manually program the: subnet mask, IP address and Gateway with the settings given by your ISP.

Let me know what happens!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-modem-installed-and-now-i-have-local-access-only.1032905/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I am working on a toshiba wireless) access only(not modem vista local comcast satalite for someone but can not get internet access at my home I have it plugged directly into the comcast modem but get the quot local access only quot message that seems to be such a problem for wireless users When doing ipconfig renew I get a message stating that windows could not contact vista local access only(not wireless) comcast modem the dhcp vista local access only(not wireless) comcast modem server There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the modem as it works fine with XP and Linux machines Everything I have found related is talking about wireless issues and I've tried the registry edit provided by MS for setting the dhcp flag value to and also disabled IPv and power options in the adapter configuration Has anyone figured out the fix for this It seems to be a Vista issue in my opinion since it is not limited to any one hardware manufacturer or device Also I'm trying to install sp to see if that helps but having problems installing from the stand alone so installing the update readiness utility now to fix that Thanks for any help

A:vista local access only(not wireless) comcast modem

Did you try resetting the modem? (reset button located next to the power cable input)

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/272980-vista-local-access-only-not-wireless-comcast-modem.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Problem with my cousins network again. The modem finally called it quits. He was told by AT&T to buy a new one and he bought a Netgear DM111PSP. It wouldn't work. I went there and after 1/2 hour it's working (I think he had the user name incorrect).

The internet works fine when the computer is connected directly to the modem. But when I wire in the router (Linksys E2500) he has no internet access.

Both had an IP of 192.168.0.1
I changed the router to be 192.168.0.2
Still no internet access.

A:issue with internet access after new modem (and router) installed

Some IP configuration may be helpful to see what is being set on the client side.

Can the client device ping the router?

Is the router receiving a valid public IP address from the connection to the internet (going through the modem)?

There may be a possible IP conflict as well depending on how the modem is setup... A possible test could be to change the LAN subnet to a different one. Maybe 10.1.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0? Remember to change the DHCP scope accordingly.

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327831-issue-internet-access-after-new-modem-router-installed.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I put in a modem for a friend and checked it out called up my cell number and called up my internet which is local number before returning it to her. She tells me she can't dail AOL local number but can dial a toll number. AOL support said its the modem. Why would it work for me and not her. She runs win95 ver B on a 300 AMD 8 gb hard drive 128MB regular pci pctel modem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:modem not dailing local but does toll??

Have you checked her Dialup properties? Did you do the Install, and setup of the modem on her system, or did she?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modem-not-dailing-local-but-does-toll.33298/
Relevancy 49.88%

I just upgraded to Win7. In this PC I have 2 HDD, one C drive which works fin, and one additional HDD which I'm able to see in BIOS and Device Manager, but it do not show up in Explorer.
How to get it visible?
Thanks

A:Can't find local installed HDD

Right click my computer > manage, click disk management take a screenshot, post here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-local-installed-hdd.176151/
Relevancy 49.88%

While my computer was offline I was trying to send my firewall safelist to COMODO and it returned with an error message saying: not connected to internet ... local system has RAS intalled .... is this normal?

A:Local system has RAS installed....

I have the same question, about Comodo Anitvirus Submit,"your interent connection is not active. Please check your connection and try again. Locoal system has RAS installed."

please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-system-has-ras-installed.663343/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I am trying to network the following Billion myguard G wireless router x LAN and phone line in Samsung X running Windows XP Toshiba Portege with docking station running Windows router with USB local wireless 3G Networking modem? SE Printer old printer port thing but still works so I d like to use it can only connect to the Toshiba as Samsung doesn t have that port Scanner USB Huawei E wireless USB G modem and in the future plan on adding an external HD and or desktop PC Maybe also new printer when the old one dies blush At the moment I have internet via the Huawei modem Networking local wireless router with 3G USB modem? connected to the Samsung laptop Previously I had internet via ADSL to the Billion wireless router I have tried Networking local wireless router with 3G USB modem? to connect the Samsung laptop with internet and Toshiba to the router via wireless and LAN without any joy I don t know if it is settings physical connections or you just can t do that I d like to keep the Toshiba running Windows SE as I still use some software that I haven t been able to get to work on XP and the G modem will not work with this OS one reason I d like to network it I can make a crossover cable to connect the two computers but would like even if just for the project appeal to have a more permanent and expandable wireless network where the computers are free to move Can USB hardware like HD s and printers be connected to the router via an adaptor Can the G USB modem be connected directly to the router Basically I just need the router to be a local network router now and not a gateway to the internet if I got that terminology right J as I use the USB modem with a G wireless ISP Has anyone else tried to do something like this Thanks in advance and I hope I got the terminology somewhere close nbsp

A:Networking local wireless router with 3G USB modem?

No, you can not connect a USB modem to the router. You can make one computer connect to the internet using that modem and then share that internet to all the others through the router.

To configure the router, follow the guidelines for using two routers (plenty of threads and isntrucions on the net for that) imagining that the modem computer is the "primary" router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-local-wireless-router-with-3g-usb-modem.90382/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,
I have a 2003 Dell Dimension 4550 with XP Home Edition and I connect to the Internet via an external modem and cable Internet service.
I had to reinstall my Windows XP operating system and now I can't connect to the internet. It seems I have lost my Local Area Connection. There are no icons displaying when I open the Internet and Network Connections. I have tried unplugging and plugging in the modem, but the hardware wizard does not recognize the new hardware.
Using command prompt:
I tried the ping test and the results showed that it is not a harware problem.
I also tried ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew without any success.
I guess I know enough to be dangerous....
Can anyone help me?
Thank you!!

Relevancy 49.45%

I got a new Wire modem from Bell the other day and set it up just fine I New Local Solved: Modem with Connection Problem Area am connected wirelessly to the new modem and it works perfectly I also have an ethernet cable connecting my computer to my modem as well but it seems that the computer can t pick up the Solved: Local Area Connection Problem with New Modem internet Solved: Local Area Connection Problem with New Modem through the cable The computer picks up the wired connection as an Unidentified network and has access to Local only When I disconnect from the wireless connection the computer tries to reidentify the wired network and labels Solved: Local Area Connection Problem with New Modem it with limited connectivity without any access to the Internet From time to time it also flashes a connection to a second network through the ethernet cable though it s probably confused The same ethernet cable and computer worked fine with my old router and modem It recognized that the wired and wireless connection were from the same network so it s not likely it s a problem with the hardware In short I need the Local Area Connection network to work I ve tried updating the driver for the ethernet network adapter Suggestions would be appreciated Thanks Windows IP Configuration Host Name WinstonLeung-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description n Wireless PCI Express Card LAN Ada pter Physical Address - - F- -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bc d e e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August- - PM Lease Expires August- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B-EE-A - - - - F-D -FD DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E GBE NIC Physical Address - - - F-D -FD DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B-EE-A - - - - F-D -FD DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e cd a b e f Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe cd a b e f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection Problem with New Modem

Welcome to TSG.
Try enabling DHCP.
Configure DHCP for Windows Vista.
1. Click on the Start menu, and select Control Panel.
2. Click on Network and Internet. (Skip this step if you do not see this Control Panel item.)
3. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
4. Click on Manage network connections.
5. Right click on Local Area Connection and choose Properties. If Windows say it needs your permission to continue, click Continue.
6. Select Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
7. Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
8. Select Obtain DNS server address automatically.
9. Click OK to close the TCP/IP Properties window.
10. Click OK to close the Local Area Connection Properties window.
11. Click Close to close the Network Connections window.
12. Click Close to close the Control Panel window.
13. Restart your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-problem-with-new-modem.1012363/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all.

I have a "brand new" V92 modem (I know, with all VOIP options today, that sounds stupid).

I'd like to use dialer.exe or other free/native software to dial out local phone numbers. Olitec (the modem constructor) provided me a driver for Vista that seems to work good in Seven. Once installed, I can dial, my friend's phone rings, when he pics it up I can hear him, but he can't hear me. Some times I hear my own voice in my head set instead (a distant echo). My mic is working ok. I know that cause other applications can use it.

I'd also like to see an incoming call on the screen. Can that be done ?

Thanks!

A:Using a V92 modem to call local phone numbers (no VOIP)

Depends on the "voice telephone" software you have and what it's capabilites are. A PC makes a poor voice telephone and for that reason the "hot" thing to use it for a voice phone back in the old XP days has diminished to the point dial-up modems are not even offered as an option on many new PC's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/129894-using-v92-modem-call-local-phone-numbers-no-voip.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Abruptly internet access disappeared. It's a router issue, none of the computers here can connect. Further, I can't access the router through a browser - 192.168.0.1 results in a "Firefox cannot connect" message. I've tried resetting the DNS to no avail. I'm typing via cell phone and it's annoying, but I'm willing to try about anything.

A:Local access only - router not allowing access to internet

Hi brhanse,

Can you give us the make and model of the router. Also, do each of the computers connect directly via a cable to the back of the router; (example, there are 4 ports on the back of the router and each port has it's own cable leading to each computer) or, does the router connect to a switch and the other computers connect to the router through the switch?

Has this suddenly happened or have their been intermittent issues with connectivity recently?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/local-access-only-router-not-allowing-access-to-internet-574753.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Running Windows 8 on Dell Inspiron 1121

I bought a used Dell Inspiron 1121 today and found it isn't in factory configuration. I want to make the factory system recovery disk; but, the Dell checking utility says as follows:

Dell DataSafe Local Backup cannot be installed because your hard drive does not have the Windows Recovery EnvironmentClick to expand...

How can I get the RE on the hard disk if I don't have a Windows 8 install disk or a Dell factory recovery disk? The System Recovery partition appears to be intact. I would also settle for being able to access the System Recovery partition and restore the system to factory state, which I am sure would remedy the problem; but, I can't find any information on how to access it on boot.

To be clear, it appears this is an off-the-shelf installation form a generic Windows 8 install disk so there are absolutely no Dell utilities here.

Relevancy 49.02%

I installed XP Home on a Dell Desktop. I received the DSL modem from Qwest, and proceeded to install. I got a good Power solid green light, a DSL solidgreen light and the ethernet solid green light. None were blinking. I got NO Internet light. I called Qwest tech support. They tried several things then asked me to go to Control Panel & open the Network Connections. I found NONE. How do I get the network connections?

A:Installed XP Home & no Local Area Connection

Did you install the drivers for your network card? Open Device Manager and check for any yellow exclamation marks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-xp-home-no-local-area-connection.667872/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am running Windows XP Pro and I have a network printer that I want to install on lpt2.

I have a program that will only print to a local printer. How would I go about doing this.

I tried setting lpt2 to the network printer but it never gives me the chance to give the IP address of the printer.

I also created a TCP/IP port that goes to the printer and works fine however the program ignores that port and wants lpt2.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Stufine

A:Network Printer installed on local port

It would help to know the Printer model and Software you are using.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-printer-installed-on-local-port.130563/
Relevancy 49.02%

Is there a "recover console" or simular that can be installed on the HD of a Win7 box?

Can the "repair" option from the install DVD be installed on the HD so it can be accessed without the DVD?

Thanks

A:Does Win7 RC exist - Can repair from DVD be installed on local HD

System Recovery Options should already be on F8 Advanced Boot Options.

If you store a Win7 backup image on a Primary partition then you can Recover Using An Image from the System Recovery Options. This is a nice option for laptops being carried around. However it's safest to save an image externally in case of HD failure.

However in some cases RAM issues will prompt for the Repair Disk or Win7 DVD before it will complete the reimage. So you might want to test it to be sure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/225609-does-win7-rc-exist-can-repair-dvd-installed-local-hd.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Okay so I have recently reset my PC to factory settings wiping everything out and starting out as No Internet, "Local Clearwire Area Connection, Modem No if the PC was new and just purchased I have a Clearwire modem And I can t get on the Internet I ve tried everything I called clear and thy said my modem isn t picking up my PCs IP ADRRESS or something I am so down to throwing my PC out Pls help me I noticed before I reset my PC that there were icons in my Nerwork connections and now there s only LAN NETWORK or something like that and no LOCAL AREA CONNECTION icon anymore Idk what s No Internet, No "Local Area Connection, Clearwire Modem going on here so I m lost Help My PC Clear modem CPEi is connected to a D-Link wireless router DIR- and everything is set up It was connected the D-Link before I reset my PC and it was fine Everything was fine until I reset my PC and now I can t connect to the Internet and have no Local Area Connection icon anymore what is going on nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all!

I have successfully connected my two Windows7 machines via local network (Ethernet) - it worked automatically, no setup was needed. Everything is fine, for example I'm able to use a share mouse utility via the local network and control both computers with the same mouse. However once the network is swtiched on, my stick modem mobile 3G internet connection is shut down (the browser reports DNS name not resolved error). If I turn off the router the internet connection immediately returns. I tried to disable the firewall but to no avail.

Any idea as to how enable both the local network and the 3G internet connection at the same time?

thx

A:Local network shuts down stick modem inernet connection

My related (though less important) problem is that if I try to share my internet connnection between the two machines, the local network collapses. When I disable the sharing the network immediately returns.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/254613-local-network-shuts-down-stick-modem-inernet-connection.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I installed Windows 7 to a machine that had XP already installed. When I start the computer it just boots into XP. There is no boot manager giving me an option to boot to Win 7. I accessed repair from the Win 7 disk on start up and ran bootrec /fixboot and it said everything was cool but same issue. When I was installing Win 7 it ran thru the whole set up routine and restarted several times into Win 7. I shut it down when it said it was finished but the next morning it started up in XP. Would fixmbr help if fixboot didn't? Any suggestions?

A:installed win 7 dual boot with XP already installed, can't access Win

Confirm that the 100mb System Reserved (if you have it) or Win7 partition (if you don't) is Partition Marked Active,

then run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times until Win7 starts and is marked System Active in Disk Mgmt.

Then install EasyBCD (click Download - no Name or Email required) to Win7 to add XP by name, allow it to autocomplete drive letter, Save and reboot to Dual Boot menu.

If any further problems, post back a screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365521-installed-win-7-dual-boot-xp-already-installed-cant-access-win.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Folks,

Got a bit of a strange one here. Dell Dimension 4600c computer. Modem is installed and showing in device manager as Conexant D85 V9x DFVc. If you query it all seems ok.

If you go to set up a dialup connection there appears to be no modem available. If you go into terminal the same thing happens. Yet it is there in device manager and diagnostics suggest all is well.

I removed and reinstalled drivers ..same result.
I put in a different modem which was detected and installed correctly. Yet it still wasn't accessable as a telephony device.

I would appreciate any suggestions as this unfortunate friend of mine can only get dialup as internet access.

Thanks,
Wallie

A:Modem Installed but not available

Start --> Run--> Services.msc

Maximize the Services window
Go down the list and check Telephony is in Automatic and Started (right click for adjusting)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-installed-but-not-available.99253/
Relevancy 48.16%

today i hv install a new modem in our note book,the main wire connected via cable,is working perfectly. after a few hours the internet connection was disabled,

When I try and diagnose the problem it says there may be a problem with the Domain Name Server error,

so pls help me intall a new modem in my note book.

A:Need Help Installed a new modem

the first thing,
YOU are probably aware of WHAT you are working on,
however,
you need to either:
- post your pc specs on your personal page
or,
- post them in your sig line,
or,
- post them in your post that you are asking for help,]
as a 'notorius' person on the forums here says:
"help me out with some detail here,
i'm brilliant, not claairvoyant!"
and someone will be able to help,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-installed-a-new-modem.803470/
Relevancy 47.73%

Could U pls help me how to unlock an unaccessible local disk data H: on my western digital 320GB hard drive after I installed win8prox64 ? I stored all my important data there before I clean install win8, could that data recovered ? Thank you

A:New Win8prox64 installed & my old data local disk partition unaccessable?

Are you getting an access denied message when trying to access this data?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/new-win8prox64-installed-and-my-old-data-local-disk-partition-unaccessable-675187.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm trying to get my winfax to work, I went to modems and communications the modem is not there. I tried installing it in winfax with have disk option, it asks me for the ini file, i give it the one on the driver cd, and it says that it doesn't have any information about my modem. I have set it up with microsoft fax, and it works just fine. in cpanel modem it does come up, query comes up fine, in winfax detect com ports comes back with found on com3 but it still won't come up as a modem. its windows xp home ed. with an enf656-esw agpr modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winfax-cant-see-installed-modem.713498/
Relevancy 47.73%

my vodafone data modem is not being installed on my computer.
error: network controller was not found
It works fine for other computers

Relevancy 47.73%

Bought a used HP Compaq D530U running XP Pro with SP3. Installed a USRobotics 56k modem in the only PCI slot and it worked fine immediately after installation. Next day the modem was showing as installed but not present in the "phone and modem options" section of control panel. Device manager did not show the modem at all.

Over the following several weeks I tried updating the drivers, re-installing the modem, scanning for new hardware using the add hardware wizard and using devcon to scan for the device ID. Sometimes scanning finds the modem and sometimes it doesn't. Even when it finds the modem and sets it up correctly, it disappears again after 2 or 3 days.

Any ideas on how I can keep the modem from disappearing would be appreciated. Thanks!

Relevancy 47.73%

Its not the original modem, I brought it (PCI 56kbps) and installed it last time on NT with a couple of probs i.e. NT couldnt find the driver on the cd provided so I had to direct it there manually and it would install fine.

Now doing the same with XP it says its not digitally signed etc and when I install it anyway it is inactive

There is a driver on the disc for XP but it wont work or wont accept it.

Ive tried heaps of things, pulling the modem out and putting it back in troubleshooting etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 47.73%

I have upgraded from 98 to XP. In doing so none of my dialers for any ISP or VPN can see my modem. It is visible through device manager and it querys fine. I have tried uninstalling the modem and reinstalling it with no success.

A:XP installed causes modem problems??

For most issues that involve Internet connectivity, start by using the Network Diagnostics tool to identify the source of the issue. Then post the results here for further assistance if needed.

To use Network Diagnostics, follow these steps:
Click Start, and then click Help and Support.
Click the link to Use Tools to view your computer information and diagnose problems, and then click Network Diagnostics in the list on the left.
When you click Scan your system, Network Diagnostics gathers configuration information and performs automated troubleshooting of the network connection.
When the process finishes, check for any items marked "FAILED" in red, expand those categories, and view the additional details about what the testing showed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-installed-causes-modem-problems.102655/
Relevancy 47.73%

Smart Link 56K modem

i had it installed working and then i decided to update it

and now Device manager says i have 2 modems

when i uninstall it and take it out of the case, it still says one is plugged in

any idea of what to do?

going to the registry? reinstalling windows (i just did on that computer yesterday surprisingly)?

A:Modem installed when its off the computer

hey hey.... just a question.... when the modem is actually plugged in, does it work lol?? i mean, can u still connect using it?

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-installed-when-its-off-the-computer.88199/
Relevancy 46.87%

I was given a Dell XPS L502X laptop with Windows 8.1. It works fine, but does not have a dial-up modem. High speed internet is a bit pricy for my wallet, costing about 2 1/2 times or more than dial-up. How is an external dial-up modem installed? Can it just be plugged into a USB port and be ready to go after setting it up? Do I need to install software? I also have a Compaq desktop which has a dial-up modem and is what I am using to write this. If I buy an external modem for the laptop, can I plug the modem into the laptop, then unplug the phone plug from the back of the desktop and plug it into the laptop? In other words, what is involved in installing an external dial-up modem on the laptop.

A:How is External dial-up modem installed?

To answer the question re' the phone line...That phone line can be used with any dial up modem - but only one modem a time can be "active".How to install/connect a usb modem?Such kit will come with a setup disk and manual (or ought to). Your prime issue though is whther or not they will be compatible with the OS on the computer nvolved.A kwik look-see (Google trawl) seems to find some that are OK upto win-7, but no mention of win-8; although a deeper trawl may find them.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-is-external-dialup-modem-installed/2266.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I just installed a new Epson Stylus CX on my Gateway Solo Now my laptop can printer/scanner, now modem... help! i can't new use installed t connect to internet giving me this message Opening port Error modem or other connecting device already in use or not configured properly I have have already uninstalled the printer help! installed new printer/scanner, now i can't use modem... drivers using the gateway provided quot system restore quot program to see if that would reverse the situation It didn t which is weird since it usually corrects all quot oops shouldn t ve done that quot problems I ran all modem troubleshooters also in my help section Nothing Ran help! installed new printer/scanner, now i can't use modem... disk doctor win doctor and system doctor Nothing I read and performed all troubleshooting instructions both in my help desk and in my user s manual and thus far I have had no luck I even reinstalled the printer again to see if it would overwrite whatever went wrong the first time Nope System device manager show nothing with an exclamation mark Nothing is out of the ordinary modem is connected and enabled in COM there is a dial tone all cables are in place I was actually help! installed new printer/scanner, now i can't use modem... online about a half hour before trying to install the damn printer so I know for a fact the modem itself works fine I think installing the printer elbowed my modem off from its port and is hugging it with some other thing but I can t figure out how to put my modem back in charge of its own port Any advice nbsp

A:help! installed new printer/scanner, now i can't use modem...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-installed-new-printer-scanner-now-i-cant-use-modem.190148/
Relevancy 46.87%

Althought the modem is properly installed and working. ( I can connect to AOL and everything works.) When I go to AOL system information it shows that my modem is not installed. HP replaced my modem to be sure that it was not defective. XP shows that it working correctly with no conflicts.
The reason that I am concerned that it is shown as not being installed is that I can't connect higher than 28 although it is a 56K modem. Until I got my new computer I was connecting at 56K each time using the same phone service.
I am concerned whether it is my modem or the fact that it is shown as not installed that is causing my slow connection.
Also does anyone know that the Initialization commands string is for AOL? You can find it in the modem properties, Advanced tab. Thanks for any help you can give me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lucient-win-modem-not-shown-as-installed-on-aol.191707/
Relevancy 46.87%

Prdoct Dell optiplex P GX- Agere v modem soft Com NIC OS-Windows Pro Hi Have had a successfully operating Com NIC used in conjunction with a DSL connection added a modem above and added a dial-up acct for back-up when DSL goes out PROBLEM is despite having performed what s indicated as a in a going pc to get modem NIC a with 3Com installed.... unable successful modem install the pc or me doesnt seem to want to allow the Modem to quot replace quot the NIC and it wont budge- checked everything from quot network and dialup connections quot under quot local area connections quot where at the top properties the com still comes up where i believe the modem should now reside if it were inline unable to get modem going in a pc with a 3Com NIC installed.... for getting the pc online but its still the NIC- to quot System Props quot quot Device Mgr quot to varify modem has been properly seated- even checked to see if under the quot sound video game controlers quot that quot Duplex Audio quot function was enabled because the modem is quot voice capable quot - out of these various areas i m least confident about info listed under local area connection props where there are boxes checked off where i would have thought only tcp ip would be one and something like quot Logon for microsoft windows quot or something but all there is that s even close is quot client for MS network quot plus or so other boxes all market with a tick from Apple related function to something about Bios printer file sharing etc- thing more relating to an obvious dsl connection- not a dial-up connection Regretably its been so long since ive used an analog modem i cant recall how to make certain it takes president over the dsl nic connection- would certainly appreciate an assit with this- thanks for any help in advance- regards nbsp

A:unable to get modem going in a pc with a 3Com NIC installed....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-get-modem-going-in-a-pc-with-a-3com-nic-installed.170837/
Relevancy 46.87%

Can I fax (send and receive) faxes through the installed CXT PCI Soft Data Fax Modem w/Smart CP installed in my new HP media center desktop? If so, how do I set it up?

Computer is running Vista Home Premium (so no Windows fax option).

Thanks.

A:How to FAX w/PCI Soft Data Fax Modem Installed

I don't know Vista to well yet but...
i use a program in my business.... Mighty Fax...very reliable and good.
the only downside is that it cannot be minimized to the tray...just the taskbar
Very cheap and lightwieght
Freeware....look here
http://www.freesoftware4all.co.uk/fax.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-fax-w-pci-soft-data-fax-modem-installed.713909/
Relevancy 46.87%

I cannot get my desktop to connect thru the 56k modem or my broadband to the internet. I'm on my laptop, so I know the broadband is working.
How can I tell if my devices are actually working? I've gone thru the device manager/network adapters, and this is what they say:
1. Dailup Adapter- working properly, driver= microsoft 4-23-1999.
2. Dialup adapter #2 (VPN Support) - working properly, driver =microsoft 4-23-1999.
3. VIA PCI10/100Mb Fast Ethernet Adapter - working properly, driver = VIA 7-17-2001

When I open Control panel, modems, and ask it to try to detect any modems, it looks at Com 1 and Com 2 ports, and says it could not find any modems. Is it possible the ports are not configured correctly?

I have a Neto Dragon V.90 56k fax modem

Win 98 SE, 1.7Ghz, 40HD,

Thanks !!!!

A:Ethernet or modem installed/not working??

Check your network connections and your proxy settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-or-modem-installed-not-working.240890/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all this originally started with an issue with the wireless I recently installed a D-Link DIR- wireless router and did computer only" "local with Vista had with "local ethernet only" access wireless, now a basic setup giving it WPA security My Vista computer originally was able to connect to the router with Internet and before that to the modem directly with Ethernet but it was infected by the Vista Security virus which I removed after following some steps and MBAM Since then it can no longer connect to the wireless network so I Googled the issue and did a few things - Norton Remover - In command prompt ipconfig and netsh some commands that reset refreshed IP DNS or something along those lines - Going to wireless settings and disabling ipV - Going to wireless setting and manually giving it an IP Default Gateway DNS Vista computer had "local only" access with wireless, now "local only" with ethernet according to the specs that I found by using ipconfig on my working Windows laptop - Updating the Atheros driver to version Somewhere along the way I must ve nipped something important somewhere because now the Vista machine doesn t connect to the internet wirelessly NOR with the Ethernet cable attached Vista computer had "local only" access with wireless, now "local only" with ethernet The icon in the lower right hand corner shows that the machine sees the router but with Local Access only I ve done an ipconfig all with the machine and here are the results this is with ethernet attached Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name HomePC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B- A- E- A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - F- - F-D - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc c bf a c b cbf Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CF B -A - C B- DA-FC A D br CD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AA -A C- F-AFBB-DC F br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F AFB E -A E - B-A B -A B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Conn... Read more

A:Vista computer had "local only" access with wireless, now "local only" with ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-computer-had-local-only-access-with-wireless-now-local-only-with-ethernet.1031986/
Relevancy 46.87%

So to paint a picture of whats going on I have a Hp compaq presario cq internet Local only...cant access access - us that came equipped with the windows vista operating system Ive had the laptop aproximately years give or take Local access only...cant access internet about a couple Local access only...cant access internet months ago I had a blue screen issue which forced me to completely go back to factory settings without saving ANY programs pictures documents ect that was on my laptop because u could not get passed the blue screen After my laptop seemed to be working fine although I lost all my programs files and ect that did not come with the laptop not sure if that is relevant to my current prolem but I figure a little history never hurts Ok so heres the problem since I havent tried to use my wifi because I had moved to a new place and was using at amp t mobile internet card that was working fine before the reset the wifi was in tact and worked like cake when I moved again I attempted to log on to my neighbors router with permission and the number that is on the router as the web now heres where the problem comes in i can connect but with local access only no internet access i thought maybe it was the wrong passkey at first but every other laptop in this house plus our xbox and even phones can connect but not my laptop I tried my phones hotspot aswell same thing showed up local access only limited connectivity the signals are there and strong so I tried tethering my phone again shows connected but on the map it shows a green line between my pc and the router or hotspot but a red x between the router or hotspot and the internet Heres what ive tried Cmd netsh winsock reset Ipconfig release Nd renew I tried disabling the ipv and reenabling it and installing the protocols thingys I tried deleting the network adapter with the explination mark and reinstalling and million other things cant figure it out please help nbsp

A:Local access only...cant access internet

when I moved again I attempted to log on to my neighbors router (with permission and the number that is on the router as the web) Click to expand...

we cannot provide support here - even with your neighbours permission - its actualy aganst the ISP terms of service - so unless they (the ISP ) are prepared to allow this , we cannot help here

please see our rules
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

WiFi "Piggybacking" / "Wardriving" - We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-access-only-cant-access-internet.1035814/
Relevancy 46.44%

i have been the internet for a couple of months with no problems everything was working fine but a couple of weeks ago my 'access' and internet changing to 'local internet' 'access' keeps only' from 'local started to change and say local only stopping me from viewing certain websites pictures would not load and would then take to to the 'cannot display webpage' when i try to diagnose it it either says that windows could not internet 'access' keeps changing from 'local and internet' to 'local only' find a problem with the connection 'the problem has been resolved' though it doesn't say what the problem actually was and it isn't resolved internet 'access' keeps changing from 'local and internet' to 'local only' as a couple of minutes later it will do it again or it gives me the option to reset the network adapter and internet 'access' keeps changing from 'local and internet' to 'local only' then says it has been resolved again it hasn't im running windows vista using wireless internet connection and it always says that my signal strength is excellent i have no idea what it could be as i had not been doing anything differently with it when the problem started help please

A:internet 'access' keeps changing from 'local and internet' to 'local only'

This happens when the router/dsl/cable modem loses its connection with the internet but your wireless connection between your computer and the wireless router stays up (local only).
The next time this happens run in and take a look at the WAN light on your dsl modem to verify that it is red or flashing orange (depending on your modem). Most likely the connection has dropped but the modem will restore the connection automatically when the line is good again. This is an ISP issue and you should call them when you are having trouble and ask them to diagnose the line. You will have to insist because it takes more than 2 microseconds of their time and you know how valuable they believe their time can be.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-access-keeps-changing-from-local-and-internet-to-local-only-347396.html
Relevancy 46.44%

hi,
i just installed a new sound card and now my modem is not working..please help

A:installed sound card now modem not working

Is your modem PCI? Check to make sure you didn't bump it when you were in there puting in the sound card. Are you getting error messages, or is it just not showing up at all?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-sound-card-now-modem-not-working.58940/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey all I ve just got a new Modem Browsing On Installed Bsod While Newly ISDN yes I know it s antiquated for most of you but in a third world country in the boonies it s great modem Install went smooth with unsigned Bsod While Browsing On Newly Installed Modem drivers initial connection fine browsing honky dory then BLAM gt DRIVER IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL nMUSB sys Address A e f base at A C Datestamp f Of course nMUSB is the ISDN modem driver I went to thier site intracom-telecom com and I ve already got the latest firmware for the modem I downloaded the drivers it appeared to be a newer version followed instructions to the T and reinstalled It ended up being the same driver version CAPI Actually it is working now it s my only connection to the internet now so maybe I shouldn t complain but it seems random as to when it decides to BSOD It happened the most times when I was trying to download the newest version of the drivers It did also happen when just browsing Is this even fixable I ve put in an email to the company in Greece that makes these and am awaiting a response Any help to stop the BSOD s would be great Aloha dean

A:Bsod While Browsing On Newly Installed Modem

After you reinstalled the driver are you still getting the BSOD?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113823/bsod-while-browsing-on-newly-installed-modem/
Relevancy 46.44%

I ve been searching the forum here for an answer to this and haven t found it so here goes I recently was asked to reformat some old computers various makes and re-install Win SE they had Win SE but I was asked to wipe the drives and start anew I used Killdisk to wipe the drives Anyway I cannot FOR THE LIFE detect installed Win98SE just can't [Resolved] modem, OF ME get any of the computers to find their modems When I try to add new hardware Windows tells me that it found none If I try to manually install it it can t communicate with the modem after I think I successfully install it myself I ve tried removing the modem from Device Manager and restarting No luck I ve tried removing the modem from Device Manager shutting down physically removing the modem and re-installing the modem No luck I ve even tried installing iit in a new PCI slot I ve printed articles from Microsoft that address the problem nothing works Please please please tell me that one of you geniuses has this answer AcaCandy You ve helped me greatly in the past I ve had this happen on a Dell as well as an IBM I ve also used RegCleaner to clean up the registry because I read that there are registry values left from the last install that are interfering That s produced no results either Waiting with bated turkey breath for a miracle answer my head hurts from banging it on the desk nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hey there You guys are really good at solving my problems but C: installed modem internal XP....Problems with Destroyed i fear I have another for you This is maybe a simple problem to solve but i really dont know what to do My laptop had the cursed Destroyed C: installed XP....Problems with internal modem quot Blue Screen of Death quot STOP C Destroyed C: installed XP....Problems with internal modem Registry File Failure Destroyed C: installed XP....Problems with internal modem After following instructions to combat it it was apparent that it was best that the C be destroyed and a fresh start made After reinstalling Windows XP I turned to reconnecting to the internet Broadband However this has proved a tricky task Despite the Dell Inspiron having an internal modem its as if I don t have one as I can t find it on there and it asks me to add a modem My laptop always used to pop up with quot wireless connection detected quot in the corner when I turned on the laptop and now that no longer happens When I try to connect to AOL it says a modem cannot be detect PLEASE Any help from you would be much appreciated cheers Spudly nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

HI,
i have just clean installed windows 7 home premium, i am having difficulty getting my computer to recognize my modem. It says there are no networks found and when i click the "show options this computer cannot connect to" it comes up with dsl and dial-up. I am using a cable not a wireless connection. with vista and windows 7 that was already installed on my laptop it just connected. The PC i have purchased from a friend had vista and the internet worked fine. He built it himself so i dont know the brands used in creating it :S. Any help would be very much appreciated!!!

Modem/router - Dynalink RTA1025W Rev2
Operating system - Windows 7 home premium x64 bit

A:Clean installed windows 7, does not detect my modem

Korze, welcome to the windows 7 forum.

You should go to your computer manufacturer or motherboard and then download the latest drivers for your modem.
If you have an ethernet port on the motherboard, you need the drivers also.
Additionally, you should download the motherboard chip drivers for your motherboard.

Rich
PS; you might want to fill in your system specifications so that others can help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279180-clean-installed-windows-7-does-not-detect-my-modem.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi;

We've been having a rash of DSL broadband outtages this winter, so I installed an analog dial-up for emergency bck-up use. Turns-out it's defective- an Actiontec HSP56 PCI Lite- what a piece of garbage. Out of the box its DOA. Try to remove modem physically as well as all of its drivers and other associated SW files, but every time I think I have it all and go to restart pc, the modem is DETECTED again. I need to get rid of every last file and reminent of this modem or I am affraid I'lll need to do a complete reinstall of W2k- anyone have some thoughts of getting rid of this thing? I'm sure not able to put it out of its misery!
thanks
Webz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-analog-modem-as-a-dsl-back-up-its-defective-and-now-it-cant-be-uninstal.432345/
Relevancy 46.01%

Just hooked up to att uverse ,they installed a att200 modem/router ,I have 12 mbps internet. I cant seem to make it hook up to the router
I have tried to enter the info on the printer keypad and throught the computer. computer is pent. 4 ,xp,

I was able to connect my laptop and kindle to the router.
I am not sure if the printer is recognizing the router or vice versa.
in general I dont know what is happening

I just found out it will print from my laptop,so I think my printer is connecting to the router,correct?
just tried to print from laptop again and did not work.
the wifi light on the printer is off.
it used to work great with the other router before att upgraded me

Printer is a epson workforce 520

It is a motorola router

A:AT&T installed new router/modem now my printer will not connect wifi

It worked, then didn't work? What? :S

Maybe check the wifi encryption. Make surei t's WPA2 and not anything else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/at-t-installed-new-router-modem-now-my-printer-will-not-connect-wifi.192245/
Relevancy 46.01%

My Laptop is sony VAIO VGN-NW11S
I recently installed windows 7 32 bit ultimate.
After installing OS & Drivers and using sony vaio update s/w installed max driver updates. But still i have two drivers not installed properly. i cant identify them. cant get drivers for the same.
pasting screenshot for ur reference.

Also attachd is bluetooth driver properties. Bcas of these two drivers yet to be installed my bluetooth is not working properly.

plz resolve this issue at the earliest.

A:Base system device/Modem driver not installed

For the modem you can just install the Microsoft unsupported driver to get you by until you find the correct driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/189921-base-system-device-modem-driver-not-installed.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I installed Windows XP profession on my Dell inspirion e1505 the last one was Windows XP media center edition. I hooked up my modem yet I cant connect to the internet.I believe its my drivers because all other devices have '!" and yellow "?" My 1394 network adapter is my only network adapter and I dont know how to install those drivers because i dont have an internet connection. Can i download them on a cd and which ones ?? Please help. Thank You.

A:Installed Windows Xp Cant connect to internet via modem or router?

download all the missing (or all available) from dell site for your model, copy to cd or usb memory stick
make sure to read and if neccessary print any relevant instructions

you could just get the network drivers first, download the rest at home once the network is working and you have internet

i did not find any network driver on the dell site for Dell inspirion e1505
what type of network card /s do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-windows-xp-cant-connect-to-internet-via-modem-or-router.848097/
Relevancy 46.01%

ok so i just got a new computer with 32 bit XP on it and upgraded it to win7 ultimate 64 bit, and i lost my modem drivers. the modem (thomson speedtouch 546(i)v6) didn't come with any CD, and i can't seem to find drivers for it online. any idea how i can fix this?

(internet was working before win7. i have a win7 laptop which i am using right now, any way i can get the drivers off it onto the desktop?)

A:Just installed windows 7, no modem drivers, cannot connect to internet

it turns out the cable was faulty, not the drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/264756-just-installed-windows-7-no-modem-drivers-cannot-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Installed a new modem from comcast and now my internet will not connect. Checked device drivers and all of them have a yellow triangle and I cannot get updates either

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-modem-from-comcast-and-now-my-wan-drivers-wont-work.205578/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello all OK so I do have Event Forwarding working - but I've noticed that when Issues raises installed corrupted..... not local Either the that is event Eventlog your installation this - component computer is or Forwarding the on it's first configured I get messages similar to The description for Event ID from source Microsoft-Windows-Eventlog cannot be found Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted You can install or repair the component on the local computer If the event originated on another computer the display information had to be saved with the event The following information was included with the Eventlog Forwarding Issues - Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted..... event The locale specific resource for the desired message is not present Eventlog Forwarding Issues - Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted..... If I alter the subscription wecutil ss subname cf events the forwarded events are rendered correctly However a product we are evaluating which depends on event forwarding to work always ends up with a couple of mal-rendered lines - always look something like Required Privs I built a standalone AD nbsp domain and joined the same 'problem' nbsp clients to this domain and re-configured Event Forwarding - there was no need to change the subscription format nbsp type to quot events quot and the events were forwarded correctly and also Eventlog Forwarding Issues - Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted..... the product we are looking at worked straight away It seems that when event forwarding is configured in our live domain or any of the test labs we have I always get the attached errors I've read a number of blogs that describe the issue and most recommend altering the subscription format - this however does not solve the issue entirely Has anyone else seen this issue and maybe found out how to resolve Thanks all Carl nbsp

A:Eventlog Forwarding Issues - Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted.....

Again expecting a massive echo in the room when I say this but anyway...it's there for future reference:
On your Collector Machine change the regional settings - on the formats tab change this to English (United States) and Event Forwarding with the format of renderedtext will work correctly.
This change is obviously only suitable for environments that are pre-production/test labs
Hoping to hear from MS regarding a workaround - will post back....

------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: For now this is the answer...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3fd3d1fc-1194-4899-978c-3283085648bc/eventlog-forwarding-issues-either-the-component-that-raises-this-event-is-not-installed-on-your?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone When trying to install my USB cable modem Scientific Atlanta DPC R I'm always getting a popup message that says quot Device Driver Software was not Successfully Installed quot I don't even get a quot Found New Hardware quot message beforehand I just switched over to Windows Professional -bit from Windows XP today and Device Driver Modem Software Installed for Successfully was Cable not the modem was working fine earlier when I was using XP When I put the Setup disk that came with my modem AutoPlay will play it but I can't set up anything that way If I go through Device Manager to try and update the driver I get a message along the lines of quot Windows could not find updates quot I even get this message when I manually direct it to my D drive where the disk is I've even tried uninstalling the driver from Device Manager unplugging the USB from my PC restarting it and then plugging the USB back in but I still get the same error It really shouldn't be the modem as it was working fine earlier and I am even using it right now as I type this on my other PC that runs Windows XP and it's working fine Would anyone happen to know how to remedy this I've run Device Driver Software was not Successfully Installed for Cable Modem out of ideas so any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Device Driver Software was not Successfully Installed for Cable Modem

Hi,

Upon checking on the Manufacturer website for your cable modem, I suspected that the driver for your device is not compatible with Windows 7. I also went to the Windows 7 Compatibility Center, and could not find your device listed on the site.

Here is the site, for your own research.

Windows 7 Compatibility: Software Programs & Hardware Devices: Find Updates, Drivers, & Downloads

My solution is to find if there is a generic driver for your modem, on the Cisco website, simply download the driver that best suits your modem's series.

Cisco DPC/EPC2100 Cable Modem - Support - Cable Modems - Consumer - Cisco

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/241798-device-driver-software-not-successfully-installed-cable-modem.html
Relevancy 45.58%

i had a virus attack and freshly installed my sytem formatting all d drives completely. i have a BSNL internet conection so is need to connect to internet using modem but when i get connected and try to access net in anyway i.e.
1. by using a web browser
2. if any software tries to update itself d system gets stuck after abt. 10-15 secs.
plz. help itz urgent.....!!

A:Newly installed system hangs as soon as connevted to internet through modem

Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum.

"installed my sytem formatting all d drives completely"
Does that mean that you formatted all of the drives, or you formatted only the "D" drive?

Which virus[es]? There are some rare viruses that are not removed by a reformat. They are called boot sector viruses?

After reformatting & re-installing, you had to re-activate Windows. Were you able to activate Windows? If so, how? Over the internet? Over the phone? If the internet, when did your problem of NOT being able to access the internet begin?

Which version of Windows have you?
RIGHT click "computer" or "my computer"
Left click "properties"

Go to control panel. If, in the upper left, you see "switch to classic view", click on it.
Open "system properties" or "system"
Hardware tab
Device manager button
Send a screen shot.

How to create a screen shot.
Creating a screen shot requires:
1. a keyboard with a key labeled "Print Screen". This may be abbreviated "PrtScn", "PrntScn", or some other variation. It is usually to the right of

the F12 key
2. a destination program. Microsoft WordPad, and Paint, which are built into Windows 95 and beyond, as well as Microsoft Word, not a part of

Windows will suffice. My favorite is Paint, because it provides the greatest versatility. Paint saves images, by default, as bitmap files [ .bmp ],

which are very large files, but we will work around that issue. Paint also provides editing features.
2.a. To open Paint
left click "start"
left click "programs" [ or "all programs" ]
left click "accessories
Left click "paint"
3. Press the "PrtScn" [ or similar button ] on your keyboard.
4. Open the destination program [ see # 2 above ].
5. Maximize the screen of the destination program.
6. Left "edit" across the top.
7. Left click "paste".
8. Save the file to your "Desktop", "My Documents", or other location of your choice.
8.a. If using Paint, save it as a .jpg / .jpeg.
Left click "file"
Left clicks "save as".
Near the bottom, where it says "save as type", left click on the down pointing arrow.
look for jpeg or jpg.
Left click on jpeg or jpg.
Left click "ok".

Come back to this forum & thread.
Left click the button "go advanced".
Left click the button "manage attachments".
Browse to the location of the file.
After you have found the file, left click the button "upload".
When finished, left click "close window".
Left click the button "submit reply".

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/tips/screenshot.mspx

left click start
Left click run
delete contents of long, skinny, white box
type: cmd
press "enter"
The command prompt screen will open

You will be at "C:\documents and settings\"user name"> "
type: cd\
press "enter"
type: ipconfig / all
press "enter"

RIGHT click the task bar
Left click "edit"
Left click "select all"
Left click "edit"
Left click "copy"

Return here.
Paste the text.

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newly-installed-system-hangs-as-soon-as-connevted-to-internet-through-modem.695517/
Relevancy 45.58%

Alright so i've got a question guys, basically i have a work laptop with is running Vista 32bit and the problem i'm having is it will connect to wireless networks fine and work on the internet fine.

But when i disable that and try to connect through my ethernet connector it wont assign an ip address by dhcp. Ive checked all the setting to make sure it's supposed to assign by DHCP and i've tried it at home and at my work, so i know it's not the router that i'm connected to, and i assume it must be something with configuration but i can't seem to figure it out.

Any help or comments are much appreciated...thanks!

A:Local Access Only

Do u have a DHCP server runing on ur network at home or at work?
Is the network at home or at work configured for DHCP??
what are the symptoms when u connect through ethernet??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/91348/local-access-only/
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok this is my last resort after spending hours digging through forums finding nothing that works for my help! access only, Local please situation Out of nowhere my internet connection has been cut off I am connected to my university's network via Ethernet cable IPv says quot Local quot Local access only, please help! IPv says quot Limited quot a ping to returns quot request timed out quot which means I am not connecting to the DNS server All my setting are the same as a friends computer connected the exact same way Drivers are updated tried uninstalling the network controller and reinstalling it nothing works I have tried every command line I have come across disabled IPv through a registry edit and yet it still refuses to connect Please if someone can help me before I throw my custom built baby out my third floor window I would be VERY grateful If you need more info let me know Here's what returns after ipconfig all since that is usually the first thing people ask for C USERS JOEY gt ipconfig all Local access only, please help! Windows IP Configuration Host Name Joey-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - D- D-D - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday May PM Lease Expires Saturday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C USERS JOEY gt

A:Local access only, please help!

---this may be an uneducated guess from me, but your list says:
---[Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, May 29, 2009 9:23:46 PM]
---[Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, May 30, 2009 9:23:45 PM]
---(that makes it 24hrs. to me)---everything else looks okay---anyone else?---

peace

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/229671-local-access-only-please-help.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everybody, new to the site.
Here Is My problem, I took a win xp/media center off a domain few months ago. I have not used it since. I booted it up this morning in Admin, No Problem. I put it into a workgroup no problem. when i try to access any program, some local folders and/or control panel I get a message stating
"Windows can't access the specified device, path or folder. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".
Now I can go into safe mode and there is no problem access anything. I can get on the internet ,right click on folders and so on, but once I relog on as admin -full control I can't get on the internet, launch programs, etc.

I really do not want to re-install.
thanks

A:Access To Local Pc

Hey there dirt, welcome to BC!

Try logging into safe mode and creating a new Administrator level account. Than reboot into normal mode and log into the new account. Do things work in the new account or are they the same?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/122182/access-to-local-pc/
Relevancy 45.58%

All right This has been happening as long as I had my computer It s new And it Access: only Local has Vista on it When ever I turn on my computer and everything I get problems when trying to get onto the network Like It will be quot Identifying quot The network for awhile And i ll wait And then I ll connect to it and it will say quot Access Local only quot And I wont have Internet And then i ll renew my IP and restart my Adapter and then restart my computer and then restart my Modem And then after doing all this over and over again I might get internet And some Access: Local only days i ll true on my computer and then I ll have internet and everything will work So let me say this I m on a wireless network NetGear There are other people that are on it too and don t have this problem Also I have the new-est NetGear Router And the new-est NetGear Adapter And they should work together Also my Security is on the highest level WPA-SAK I think thats what it called Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I am having trouble with my wife's Dell laptop. I allows only local access on the wireless network. This happend once last year and I was able to do a safe start then shutdown and it worked on a normal start. It has done it twice this week already. Does any one have any ideas?

All of my other wireless devises are able to get to the internet.

Relevancy 45.58%

I've been searching the internet for about days already and I've found a bunch of topics on this and tried the solutions but none seemed to work I recently had a rogue on my Vista and now the internet won't work It says I'm connected but locally only When I go to the Network center in the Control Panel it says I'm connected to the Only Access Local router when an excellent signal strength but my router isn't connected to the internet I know it's not a firmware or the router now being compatible Local Access Only with Vista because this laptop I'm typing it on is a Vista and it connects fine with the router I've tried resetting the router and that didn't work I've wired and wireless and both come up with the same local access only I've tried the whole command quot netsh quot and winsock reset things I've tried disabling the IPv and that didn't work Local Access Only Nothing seems to be working I have two computers that have this problem an XP desktop and Local Access Only a Vista laptop and it would AWESOME to have it fixed I don't have the format disks for the computers When I bought the computers it didn't come with one and now the store I bought them from is out of business nationally and I'm not sure where to get one I read something about locating the DHCP thing and about how there are rogue servers and stuff I didn't totally understand it but I had a rogue on both computers right before it stopped connecting to the internet so I'm wondering about that If someone could educate me about this that could be awesome

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/239336-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 45.58%

my modem and router seem to be working fine, as i have another laptop in the house connected without a problem. however, our main laptop wont connect by cable from the router or by wireless. it says its connected but to local access only. please help if you can. thanks

A:local access only

moving to networking forum
would you do the following and post back the results
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-access-only.1021371/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all,

i have been battling this issue for the past 2 days, thus far i am not winning ...

out of the blue my wired network went to local access only. wireless devices work fine, plugging ethernet into another machine works fine as well. i have attempted multiple suggested fixes with no positive results. some details about the problem:

when testing with ipconfig i get assigned a default IP (162.xxx) and no default gateway

i can ping local (127.xxx) but not router or beyond

tried:
windows troubleshooting
safe mode with connectivity
reinstalling drivers
resetting NIC
updating all drivers
system restore
flashing BIOS

nothing works and i am getting quite desperate since i kinda like this machine. i am totally lost, please help !

A:Local access only ... need some serious help

hello mt103, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Try this tutorial out and see if it helps at all: Internet Troubleshooting Guide - Windows 7 Forums - created by Dinesh

Failing all of that, try downloading the most recent driver for wireless lan from your computer's manufacturer's website, uninstall your current one, and install the new one.

Let me know how it goes.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/295372-local-access-only-need-some-serious-help.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My wireless internet worked without any problems for well over years and shared the connection between different laptops Just recently was unable to make connection when powering up laptop so did the reset by unplugging the power to router and modem and reconnecting The wireless router power light wouldn t come back on so purchased a new router and installed it My laptop picked up access only Local the connection from the router to the modem but there is a Local access only red X showing up Local access only on the map from the modem to the internet I tried to directly connect to the modem using the LAN cord and all that shows up is connection to an unknown network with local access only I tried connecting my sons laptop using the LAN cord and the internet comes up fine Is there some setting that I may have changed on my computer that is preventing me from accessing the internet via the LAN cord If I can get that to work then I m pretty sure I can get the wireless network set up to work again My laptop is an HP and is running Vista nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

My friend, who now does not have a connection to internet with a wired router, has asked me for help. His connection is showing "local access only" . He runs Vista Premium on his desktop and was connected yesterday. Vista updates installed automatically, and after restart he only had " l. a . o. " connection.
He did a system restore but to no avail. Any suggestions for a beginner please.
Mike.

Problem solved. A.O.L. were out of action for about 14 hours.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/197916-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I dont have any experience writing these so im not too sure how they go so sorry in advance for my mistakes I have laptops both running vista home premium and both have been working perfectly until recently I use mobile broadband and this worked fine until i upgraded the hardware to a Local Only Access faster version When i did this i could not connect to the internet on my nd laptop I was getting the message quot local access only Local Access Only quot My other laptop still worked fine on the new dongle so I could live without my nd laptop on my home internet as i primarily use this one for college anyway However i then decided to get a mobile broadband router When i connect this up i can detect the network on both laptops and connect to it but i Local Access Only am now getting the message quot local access only quot on both computers I have spent literally hours of my life on the phone running through every kind of test with my isp and still have gotten nowhere They cannot identify the problem and are telling me that there actually isn't one and can't understand why its not working If anybody could shed any light on the situation it would be greatly appreciated because i'm literally at my wits end

coould you tell us about your netowrk setup. what kind of router, and wifi in the computers. how do you connect to the internet.

in search type cmd then ipconfig. using the built in snipping tool (type snipping in search)to take a screenshot of the results
Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/247860-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone,

So I turned on my PC this morning ( vista 64 bit ) and I could not connect to the internet. I hover my mouse over the little internet connection icon in the botom right hand corner and it says local access only. Has anyone else had this problem? Is more information required ( more than likely ) jsut let me know. This is jsut another reason to have vista.

Neil

P.S. I didnt do anything out of the ordinary.

A:Local access only??

Originally Posted by muaddibalonso

Hello everyone,

So I turned on my PC this morning ( vista 64 bit ) and I could not connect to the internet. I hover my mouse over the little internet connection icon in the botom right hand corner and it says local access only. Has anyone else had this problem? Is more information required ( more than likely ) jsut let me know. This is jsut another reason to have vista.

Neil

P.S. I didnt do anything out of the ordinary.

yes, we respect your opinions on vista, unfortunaely we can only help you if your optimistic about fixing the issue, please keep vista bashing to a minimum (you are in VISTA forums).
Now thats cleared up, can you right click the connection icon and go to network and sharing center, and then click on the red x over the network map at the top, it should be where the blue arrow is pointing on the image below.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/213925-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Here is my problem One morning I woke up to check online on my PC what I always do in the morning My internet wasn t working I went to check my router and everything worked fine Other computers could still connect to the same internet connection wirelessly So there was nothing wrong with Only Local Access: the internet connection So I tried to connect to the internet on my PC using another SSID someone else s and not password protected I logged on right away without any problem That was weird I went back to my own SSID it got connected but said quot Access Local Only quot I use my own SSID on my netbook and everything works fine So why isn t it working on my PC It had always worked before and I didn t change any settings So on my PC I am using Vista on my PC XP on my netbook it said quot Access Local Access: Local Only Only quot I could still print wirelessly via this connection but I can t browse the internet I don Access: Local Only t know how to enable Local Internet option I tried many things that other people suggested - restart computer - uncheck IPv - add some files to registry - enable firewall - disable and enable connection nothing worked I don t think there is something wrong with my internet b c I could log on via other computer I don t think my wireless adapter on my PC is broken since I could still log on to internet using another SSID I am guessing the wireless setting for my SSID on my PC is stopping my PC from accessing the internet I could still print via wireless connectivity and it only prints when I use my own SSID But I don t know how to fix it I don t know the right terminologies so you might have hard time understanding what I am trying to say If you think you could help please let me know what you might want me to clarify All suggestions are welcome Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello mates i was hoping some off you more enlightened folks could help me with my computer issue Local only! Need access help I have a hp dv laptop with vistax So basically i am trying to Local access only! Need help connect to the internet via wireless router I have a netgear router and when i plug it in with the Ethernet cord it works fine but when i try to connect it via wireless first its identifying then it says multiple networks found for about seconds then it switches to unidentified network So basically its connecting half way or something but the blue line doesnt go to my internet and i cant connect my sisters laptop is also in the house and she can connect with no problem also this is my first post on vista forums so if i did not explain clear enough or put enough of my specs up please let me know and also any help is very appreciated thanks again and it says local access only as well Thanks

A:Local access only! Need help

Could you Right Click your Network Icon in the System tray and click Diagnose then post back what the issue is

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/284189-local-access-only-need-help.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm running Vista on an Acer 4630Z laptop. My wireless connection changes frequently during the day from "Access: Local and Internet," to "Access: Local Only." It does not appear to have any affect on my wifi reception or my access to the internet, though sometimes it seems it may be a little bit slower in "local only." I can disconnect then reconnect and will quickly get Local and Internet again.
This happens several times a day.
What would be causing this? I've read other threads about people having Local Access only and not being able access the internet but that is not my problem. I can still access the internet even though it says "local only."
But I'd like to fix this so that it will stay on "Local and Internet."
Thanks!

A:Access: Local Only

Make and model of router ?
First things that are easy to do and do fix many router problems.
Download and install any current router firmware.
Do a router reset.Hold the reset button down for at least 15 seconds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-local-only.847778/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a little network going at my house and i've encountered a problem,
here is my network,

Cable modem ----- D-Link 1005D Network Switch ----- DIR-655 and DIR-825
----- Two Laptops and Two Desktops

I got the DIR-655 a while ago and it worked perfectly, I decided to get the
DIR-825 for the 5Ghz band to stream HD/Regular video and play online, I set the routers so they had 2 different default IP's (192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2)
and made sure the IP's of the computers on each router didn't conflict, the DIR-655 still works perfectly (Local and Internet), but the DIR-825 only has local access, both have the DHCP server on but no IP's conflict. I made sure either than that all the settings were the same. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi
I'm unable to access the internet (local only) since getting a new Wifi box - any ideas how to fix?

Thanks
Charlotte

A:Local Access

moving this thread to the Networking section of the forum for better results.
Did you run the setup on the wifi router and include the information of your ISP?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/local-access-645459.html
Relevancy 45.58%

okay, I'll try that...

A:Access: Local only?

yeaah it didn't do anything :\ i wonder if there's a way to make my computer only pick up wireless....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-local-only.1001429/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi folks,

I just moved into a new apartment where there is already wireless internet set up in my office. I don't actually want/need wireless so I'm trying to connect to the wireless router (Linksys WRT110) via ethernet cable, but am getting "local access only". The other two computers that are connected to this router are connected to the internet and thus are NOT having this problem.

-I can not connect directly to the modem because then everyone else loses their internet access.
-firewall is off.
-ping test doesn't work, I can't ping anything since I can't get online AT ALL.
-I know my cable works; if I connect it to the modem, I can get online.
-I know the router works, because everyone else can get online. I tried to get help from Linksys, but they want $30 for one-time help, which, IMO, is BS.

Please help!

A:Local access only?

One more thing:

This has happened to me before on a couple occasions with a wired connection as well, but has fixed itself after an hour or two each time. My current problem has been going on almost a week now and has yet to self-repair.

HELP!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/273650-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello, im using a Compaq Presario CQ60, and since ive moved into my moms house from my old house ive been having nothing but connection issues, About every 30 minutes or so it gets Disconnected, and i look at my connection access, and it goes from Internet and Local to just Local only, kinda getting irritated, we alsso have 2 other computers here that are running fine with the internet, but i cant get this too work, Please someone Help me.

A:Local access only?

Welcome to TSG:
Need some more info.Please answer as many of the questions as you can:
The “Johnwill” need to know about your environment questionnaire:

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

What country are you located in.
Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
What is the expected Upstream/Downstream speed for your ISP Connection?
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make and model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms? Have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way? Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?

If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-access-only.844069/
Relevancy 45.58%

just did a hd format and reinstall of windows vista (hp laptop pavillion DV6000).
Can not get internet connection (cable or WiFi) past "local only"

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/aa0390e4-337b-40fd-b282-5dbcd8660f36/access-local-only?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 45.58%

I am experiencing local access only on a gateway laptop.

A:Local Access only

You have no default gateway setup. You need to change your network configuration. Is your internet setup to automatically connect when you connect to the wireless network or do you need to also establish a separate broadband connection?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/284075-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi! I use 2 computers to access the Internet through the same wireless DSL connection. On one computer, I only get local access but no connection to the Internet. However, I can access the Internet if I use another network connection that is within this computers range, so I guess there is nothing wrong with my computer. Also, I can access the Internet with my other computer through the same DSL modem that just gives local access with the first computer, so I guess there is nothing wrong with the modem either. I tried the diagnose and repair option of my wireless card, but it didn't find anything. What could the problem be and how can I fix it??

A:Local access only

What's the brand and model of your modem? What is the brand and model of your router if you are using one?

Please show for each PC ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-access-only.701358/
Relevancy 45.58%

Okay, I give up! I've seen several similar posts to my issue and I've tried just about everything suggested to no avail.

I have Vista Home Premium (32-bit). I've had the same laptop/modem/DSL for over a year and everything worked fine, then about a week ago I started getting the local-access-only message and can no longer connect to the internet.

What I've tried:
1) Taking my laptop to another wireless location - same error.
2) Trying an XP laptop on my home wireless - works just fine.
3) Rebooting in Safe Mode - still doesn't work.
4) Deleting the Network adapter drivers and letting windows reinstall - still doesn't work.
5) Going back to the latest windows update and uninstalling it - still doesn't work.
6) Disabling TCP/IPv6

Any other suggestions? I'm out of ideas and quickly losing my patience!

Have you tried the diagnose and repair option in network and sharing center and resetting your router/network adapter?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/200311-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Helping a friend with some issues on a Toshiba P205 series laptop (Core 2 Duo T5300, 802.11a/g/n wireless-LAN). Issues resolved (they thought they had a virus or spyware, but ESET online scanner, Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware and Norton Security find nothing.) Although slow, the computer appears to work perfectly. . . save one thing. I cannot get wireless Internet access -- only "Local access" (wired access works fine). When I look at the available connections, it lists only two: Mine and something called "Network 3 (Private network)". The connection to my router is named "Unidentified network (Public network). Attempts to change it to "Private network" result in the computer automatically changing it back to a Public network. Signal strength for the connection to my (D-Link) router is "excellent" -- 5 bars.

Why can I not get wireless Internet access?

Relevancy 44.72%

For some reason I can t connect to the internet The monitor icon at the right-hand bottom corner on my screen does not display a connection When I try to run IE it does not display a page I restarted the pc in safe mode with networking and can connect to the internet there I ran a virus scan using McAfee Network Only Local Access SuperAntiSpy SpyBot-Search amp Destroy and Combofix With all that done I still can not connect I sending you the report from combofix and the report from HiJackThis Please help ComboFix - - - Network Access Local Only gaustin - x NETWORK Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running from c users Network Access Local Only gaustin Downloads ComboFix exe AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Created a new restore point Other Deletions c programdata bddbaa c users maustin AppData Roaming c fb c windows system jucheck exe c windows system jusched exe Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users maustin AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Guest AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users gaustin AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates F AC B- E - A E- F - BFCBF D AF offreg dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Kaspersky Lab - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates F AC B- E - A E- F - BFCBF D AF mpengine dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system win k sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system localspl dll Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msxml dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system msxml dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers ksecdd sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuwebv dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuauclt exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wups dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wups dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuapi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuaueng dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wucltux dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuapp exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wudriver dll - - - - ----a-w- c program files mozilla firefox components browsercomps dll - - - - ----a-w- c program files mozilla firefox components Scriptff dll ------- Sigcheck ------- Note Unsigned files aren t necessarily malware - - F B AB C A D A B BC c windows System drivers atapi sys - - F B AB C A D A B BC c windows System DriverStore FileRepository mshdc inf b d e atapi sys - - F B AB C A D A B BC c windows winsxs x mshdc inf bf ad e none df a eab e atapi sys - - D C DC A D A DE ED c windows System DriverStore FileRepository mshdc inf cc d atapi sys - - D C DC A D A DE ED c windows winsxs x mshdc inf bf ad e none dd a ce c atapi sys - - F FCB B EA FB D B EC F c windows System DriverStore FileRepository mshdc inf c c e atapi sys - - B ABEE E BE c windows System drivers asyncmac sys - - B ABEE E BE c windows winsxs x microsoft-windows-rasbase-asyncmac bf ad e none cee d e f asyncmac sys - - E B BD A EC B BD DFB c windows System drivers beep sys - - E B BD A EC B BD DFB c windows winsxs x microsoft-windows-beepsys bf ad e none c a d b beep sys - - E A CF CBBA E E C E c windows System drivers kbdclass sys - - E A CF CBBA E E C E c windows System DriverStore FileRepository keyboard inf da e e kbdclass sys - - E A CF CBBA E E C E c windows System DriverStore FileRepository keyboard inf f d e kbdclass sys - - E A CF CBBA E E C E c windows winsxs x keyboard inf bf ad e none e dd d f ec e kbdclass sys - - E A CF CBBA E E C E c windows winsxs x keyboard inf bf ad e none e e d ab ca kbdclass sys - - B B AB B F DAB C c windows System DriverStore FileRepository keyboard inf a df kbdclass sys - - B B AB B F DAB C c windows winsxs x keyboard inf bf ad e none ... Read more

A:Network Access Local Only

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/467186 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just a silly... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467186/network-access-local-only/
Relevancy 44.72%

I've had my laptop running securely on a network utilizing a Linsys router with no problems. I've had to move and also had to leave the Linksys router behind. I'm now using a Dlink DI-524 router. When I connect to the network unsecured, everything is just fine. When I secure the network using either WEP, WAP, or WPA2 suddenly I can only connect locally. I'm not sure why this is. I am running Windows Vista. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Oh and I am using DHCP.

Relevancy 44.72%

I have searched and searched and done everything everyone has suggested and now I am lost My VISTA laptop will not connect to the network My initial reaction was malware However after running Malwarebytes TDSKiller and all the other steps Access Only Solved: Local I normally take for malware and it all Solved: Local Access Only came up Solved: Local Access Only negative I did a ipconfig all and Solved: Local Access Only transferred it with a flash drive I have pasted below Windows IP Configuration Host Name Brittany-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link Physical Address - -EA- E-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe aa Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address -E -B -FC- -FB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

I have 2 computers both running windows 7 ...
both have internet access through a dlink dir-615 wirelessly ...
Niether of them is showing local access and no matter what i try running diagnostics etc i cannot see or access the other computer ....
when i ping the other computer ...
I get destination unreachable ...
Is there a way to solve this .....
Vestige

A:internet access but no local

From command prompt: net view

Hit enter and please post a screenshot with results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/37194-internet-access-but-no-local.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all,

I will cut straigh to the point! I am wondering if it's possible to set up a VPN to connect to a PC on another network so i can access the other machines on that network. e.g If I have an office with a router and 1 pc connected to the internet and 4 more machines conected to the router but not going out to the internet. Is it possible to connect to that machine via VPN so then it would be as if you were on that network to then be able to access the PC's on the network?

If you need any additional information please don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks,

Josh

A:VPN to access a local machine

Josh, welcome to the windows 7 forums.

One option which I use is a free vpn called Hamachi. It is owned by the logmein people but it does have a free version. It is encrypted and allows you to access the other machine using either Remote Desktop Program or another of the free programs like VNC. There is also the free version of Logmein.

search on hamachi and you should be able to see what it does. They do have a pay version but there is a free version.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217244-vpn-access-local-machine.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently switched to AT&T as my internet provider and when I set up the new router my phone was able to connect, and so was my xbox (that's how I'm on the forum) however my laptop will not. I've already gone into the registry and set it up so DHCP is enabled, I've already unchecked "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6), I've already gone into the properties of TCP/IPv4 and set the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and preffered DNS server to match what was shown in my command prompt. I've also gone into the device management menu and uninstalled then reinstalled the network adapter. I have no idea what else to try. I'm not exactly sure if I used all the correct terms above, but I'm really hoping that made sense and someone can help. I'm about ready to throw my laptop against the wall.

A:Internet Access is Local Only

A Vista pc shouldn't need any fiddling to get it to connect to a router - in fact, it's generally best to leave everything at defaults to avoid complicating things.

It's not clear from your post if you are talking about ethernet, wireless or both. Without knowing that, it's difficult to give detailed advice but there are a couple of "cure-all" things you can try.

The first thing to do is put everything back to the defaults on that pc. Then try connecting via ethernet and with no other network devices switched-on or connected to that router. If that doesn't work - try resetting the router (this will help if the problem is an IP conflict - i.e. the router trying to connect to two or more devices using the same IP address on your network). If that doesn't help, the problem is most like with your pc and the most likely reason - given your recent change to a new ISP - is that the DNS cache is no longer matching. That's easy to cure, thankfully. Open a command prompt and type

ipconfig /flushdns

... and press the enter key.

Try connecting again - if it still doesn't work, reboot the pc and have another go.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/298507-internet-access-local-only.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hi,

i recently joined a vista business x64 on our sbs 2003 prem edition with isa server 2004, i was able to join vista through connect computer perfectly and my problem right now is the status on the network sharing from .local to internet is an X mark..

i could not browse internet sites except microsoft sites..

would appreciate helping me out with my problem

thanks

A:local access only and no internet

Verify you can see your DNS servers?

command prompt right click and choose run as administrator
IPConfig/all in the box.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/161234-local-access-only-no-internet.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello guys,

Recently I have not been able to connect to the internet. I've had the computer for a little over a year and I've been able to use the internet ever since i got it untill about 2 weeks ago. It says my access is Local only and then i look at the network and sharing center, there is a red x between my network and the internet. In my apartment we have to plug the computer into the wall with a cable. Everyone else's computers in my apartment can connect, except for me. I even tried connecting into their ports and still, nothing. I've tried installing every update i could think of by downloading onto a jumpdrive from another computer then onto mine. What else can I try? has anyone else had this problem and fixed it? Can anyone point me in the right direction? not having the internet SUCKS.

thans for any help,
Ty

A:Local Only Internet Access

Can you remember what changes you made to your computer 2 weeks ago when the problem first happened ?

Have you tried to use a new cable to check that out ?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/194414-local-only-internet-access.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have installed both an HP WiFi Laser Printer and a Lorex Security System connected through ethernet cable recently. During setup for both things I have been given an IP address to access them through a browser, but can't seem to connect. The printer is functioning on the Network, so not really a problem, but I I want to access the Security System from the web. My router shows the mac address of the Security System, so its there, just can't get in.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help!

Relevancy 44.72%

I bought an HP Pavilion Elite desktop today. My house has a router which emits a wireless signal to the computers in our house. My laptop and 2 other desktop PCs are able to connect to the Internet, but when I tried to connect to the wireless, I received the:
Unidentified network (charest family network)
Access: Local Only

I've been browsing the Internet for a few hours now and have exhausted many a solution, so I've turned here. Can anyone help me find a solution to this problem? What information do you need from me so we can tackle this problem?

A:Vista 64-bit -> Access: Local Only

I'm not sure if this will work but it does for my laptop. Restart the other computer which is the main source. Then go into one of the accounts on that computer and check that the internet is working.
Disconnect from the network on your new computer and then connect again.
If this doesn't work, make sure all the plugs are in your router and correctly plugged in. Turn the modem off and then on again.Check that your router can also deal with the amount of computers that you are trying to use it with.

I hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64-bit-access-local-only.772421/
Relevancy 44.72%

im in xp pro, and i try 2 install my vid card drivers, its the ati radeon 64mb ddr ViVo, and i pop in the disc, click easy install or wutever, and it says i need local admin access, but i logged in as "admin" with the little froggie, also, i dont kno exactly how the crack works, yes, im 2 poor 2 afford a $200 OS

ive installed the files and re-burned the cd as i was supposed 2, and i just wanna find out if n e body knew if the instructions included worked

im hoping nobody here is gonna try 2 report me, so im layin my balls on the line here, plz dont b a dick

=~D

A:Local Administrative Access (pro)

errm....

Well did you try to download the newest drivers for your video card from the ATI website, maybe there is an issue with the ones on the cd??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-administrative-access-pro-363.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I was able to use the internet but all of a sudden I am not able to We use a Comcast issued router with a WPA key that we can change but cannot remove I have tried Only Local Access Solved: plugging in the laptop directly to the modem via ethernet cable and nothing changes I have also tried restarting every aspect of Solved: Local Access Only connection Every other laptop and iPhone can connect to the wifi My situation most resembles this thread http forums techguy org networking -vista-connects-router-but-no html but after installing the updated driver i am still unable to connect Solved: Local Access Only The Make is a Toshiba Model Satellite L Processor Genuine Intel R CPU GHz GHz Memory RAM GB System type -bit operating system Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack Solved: Local Access Only My ipconfig all is as follows Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tim-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -D - -CF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e a ced f b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ct comcast net Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- -AA-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap hsd ct comcast net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap AEBE -EA - F - E -BBE C br FAC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Thanks for your help in advance nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

vista wireless local access only i know its something stupid help!

A:Solved: local access only

Try this:

Click start

Click control panel

Select Networks and Internet (if you do not see that, and only see Network Sharing center, click on that)

Click on Network sharing center

Click on Manage wireless networks

Right click on the connection you are trying to connect to and click remove network

close all windows

Attempt to connect wirelessly again, then check IE or whatever browser you are using to see if you can get to a website. If not working, reply back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-access-only.1081665/
Relevancy 44.72%

I was using utorrent and got a spyware malware virus and now can't access the internet I removed the spyware malware using Avast and SuperAntiSpyware but still cannot get either access to the internet through wireless or by plugging in a cable I've removed the utorrent program and disabled Avast SuperAntiSpyware while I ran DDS and GMER I've pasted the log requested below and attached the two others compressed as requested DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Mason at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost Local only network access exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe Local only network access -k NetworkService C Program Files ASUS ASUS Data Security Manager ADSMSrv exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exe C Program Files ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe C Program Files AVAST Software Local only network access Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon smartlogon exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k apphost C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Local only network access C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exe C Program Files x McAfee Online Backup MOBKbackup exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C Program Files x McAfee Online Backup MOBKbackup exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k iissvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Program Files x McAfee Online Backup MOBKbackup exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program files P G BatteryLife exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey HControl exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey MsgTranAgt exe C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey Atouch exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe C Program Files Wireless Console wcourier exe C Program Files x ASUS Splendid ACMON exe C Windows SysWOW ACEngSvr exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey ATKOSD exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey KBFiltr exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Hotkey WDC exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Windows Sy... Read more

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello, yesterday my internet company had an interruption in service.
When the net came back up, my phone and Windows 7 laptop were able to connect automatically to the wireless.
My Vista laptop says Local access only.

How can i reset or fix this?

Thanks!

A:Vista Local Access Only

Try this, I got it from Googling.Fixing the local only internet access issue in Windows Vista | The Bit Guru

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/299667-vista-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 44.72%

If someone can advise me on how to fix this problem using the info I supply below it would be much appreciated I can't following access Only' virus... 'Local be bothered paying someone big bucks for something I could possibly fix myself Many thanks The problem On Tuesday I opened a surprisingly convincing phising email IE recognised it as a phishing website and my virus scanner alerted me to the worm Mabezat B A later complete scan of my system deleted another copy of it Anyway my latop is a June Acer Aspire running Vista Home Basic with SP After the phishing incident on Tuesday my laptop 'Local Only' access following virus... cannot connect to the internet with Vista saying the connection is 'Local Only' It does this 'Local Only' access following virus... both with wireless and when I connect the ethernet cable I used the laptops of my flatmates to test the 'Local Only' access following virus... connection and it is fine It worked again on Thursday night but on Friday morning I was back to square one Since Tuesday I have exhausted my technical knowledge in trying to fix it I have Repeatedly reset the wireless adapter on the laptop and the router Reset Winsock Winsock and IPv Renamed the hosts file Deselected IPv in the TCP IP properties and checked the other settings nothing seems untoward Disabled Windows Firewall and Zonealarm I haven't however messed with my registry or re-installed TCP IP as I wouldn't know how to go about these things If anyone knows where to go get decent and honest service or can advise me as to what the problem is it would be much appreciated Why does it work intermittently would be appreciated too

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/217695-local-only-access-following-virus.html