Windows Support Forum

New modem installed and now I have local access only

Q: New modem installed and now I have local access only

Vista is the devil. I had internet access through wifi until the modem was changed on the main computer where I am. Now on my laptop it comes up as local access only and unidentified network.

To access the internet in the first place, I had to deactivate the IPv6 setting. I have no idea what I'm doing, so I tried reactivating it again and it made no difference so it's currently deactivated.

The guy from the company (Movistar, Chile... Could it be any worse) said that the new modem had no IP address, and everyone else's computer works fine on wifi.

Do I need to reset something on my computer to recognise the new modem? Or should I just throw it on the ground and claim it in insurance I'm over vistaaa!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New modem installed and now I have local access only

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: New modem installed and now I have local access only

Are you able to view the tcp/ip settings to check the ip addresses?
It's possible that your modem is not getting the correct address to the PC.

Check your IPv4 settings (subnet mask, gateway, IP..sorry not on a Vista on 7 computer at the moment)

If your addresses read: "0's"..etc, you can contact your ISP to determine the correct addresses to use (if the technique below doesn't help).

---
For now, try this:

1. Go to the command prompt

2. Type: ipconfig /release then press Enter

3. Next, type: ipconfig /renew then press Enter

4. Now try to connect.

--
If you still have no addresses showing under "auto-detect," You can then manually program the: subnet mask, IP address and Gateway with the settings given by your ISP.

Let me know what happens!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-modem-installed-and-now-i-have-local-access-only.1032905/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello, I'll try to be as clear as I can.

I have my computer hooked up to my router with an Ethernet cable. About an hour ago the Limited sign popped up. With the cable connected it says Limited, but I can freely use the internet. When I take the cable out, under connections it still only says "Ethernet Limited" and I can't use the internet. I'm not sure about any specs to my comp. All I know Is I'm using windows 8 and it's from Toshiba. I know it's not much to go on, but I'm losing my mind and any help would be wonderful. Thank you.

This picture is how it looks when the cable is, and isn't, plugged in.

A:Limited Access with Ethernet, even when not connected

With the cable pulled out, the picture is correct (for a wired Lan Connection).
When it is attached AND you have access to the Internet, it should not be limited.
SO, get a command prompt ( start->run and enter CMD ) and enter

IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt
then NOTEPAD myTCP.txt
copy the contents and PASTE that as your follow-up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-access-with-ethernet-even-when-not-connected.217393/
Relevancy 24.08%

I own a netgear dgn1000 modem+router and it is not working properly so I am using a sustitute modem right now and when I tried configuring my netgear modem once again using my laptop there is a problem occuring...
I am using internet through wifi through substitute modem...when I connect netgear modem to my lappy for configuring through 192.168.1.1 the site doesnot open in fact internet does not work and when I remove the lan cable through netgear modem and use wifi on my sustitute modem it works fine

note: inernet is now continuously working through substitute bsnl modem only...the problem occurs only when lan is connected through netgear modem...

A:Problem configuring my netgear modem

Here's a link for the user's guide containing the install instructions - - Did you use the Install Wizard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-configuring-my-netgear-modem.216226/
Relevancy 23.65%

I just bought a new Modem (Netgear CM500) to use with a Linksys WRT54G Router... using Win 7 on Desktop and Win 8 on HP Laptop.
When connecting the Modem to the Desktop all is well with Internet. When I remove the cable from the DeskTop to go into the Router (along with adding the cable from the Modem to the router). initially I had the set up working. I unplugged the cable to move the component and now I can not get the router to work and I can only use the Internet when the Router is out of the connection.
I lose internet connection on Desktop and Laptop when trying to use the router. I have removed power from both modem and router in many different ways and rebooted both systems. I cannot access 192.168.1.1 and I have reset the Router. I'm out of ideas.

Please help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netgear-cm500-modem-to-linksys-wrt54g.213798/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a three month old Dell Dimension GHZ P Gig Ram and a gig SATA Hard Drive When I got the computer I used the files and transfer PC Relocator utility And had in Error system drives did hard Message: disk find Setup not your installed any a bunch of unwanted extras that came with it I m having a Satellite Internet system installed and they wanted a clean install of windows XP So I opened the owner s manual and got out the reinstallation disk and the problems began By the way Dell tech support s only response has been to say gee that s not right and would send a tech sometime after Christmas Anyway heres step by step what I did I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system The windows setup screen appears and loads files The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options -to setup XP press enters To repair XP press R to exit without installing XP press F I press enter and the following message comes up Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected And any disk related configuration is correct ect Press F to quit It dose this if I try repair also Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard They re good And debug the hard drive No luck Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk Any help would be welcome nbsp

A:Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

During Setup, it will ask you if you need any extra drivers such as SCSI (or SATA in your case). If so, press F6. Now you are in trouble, because SATA drivers come on a floppy and new(er) Dells don't have a floppy anymore. Borrow a floppy-drive from another PC and install that in your Dell.
Setting up with the Dell disks, I'm not sure if they are RESTORE-disks or full XP-disks.
That may cause another problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.18329/
Relevancy 23.22%

So basically how the title is.

My internet would drop out/freeze. Router doesn't indicate any change in service. I plug my laptop into the modem, and have prime speeds.

Restart the router. Works for awhile.
Reinstalled the firmware manually on the router.
Set the Channel off of "Auto" and put on various options of 9, 10, 11 to avoid clashes with other networks.

Freezes. Now the router indicates there's no connection. Drag the cord out of modem and test. Prime speeds.

Okay, screw this - I went and bought a new router yesterday because, sure, that Belkin one was 2-3 years old. Set it up with same channel settings, etc.
Same.
Freaking.
Thing.

I have a laptop that runs a VPN (for work) that uses it, plus multiple iphones (3) and ipads (2) an AppleTV and a Samsung smart TV.

Like, help me please here.

A:Internet Drops Out, Consistent Speed with Modem, New Router - no solution

OK, but lets solve on thing at a time 1) ignore the VPN at work and let's get the home router stabilized.
The mobile devices are difficult to diagnose, so 2) stick with the PC for now.

Standard questions:

did you update the ethernet & wifi drivers on the PC?
have you looked to ensure your new router has the latest firmware?
*if* you have a DSL connection to the ISP, do you have the line filters on EVERY device connected to the phone line EXCEPT the line to the modem? *MUST HAVE*
Got to get these right first.

THEN, find the MTU that's right for you AT HOME and set that into the new router:

get a command prompt
ping -l 1500 -f 8.8.8.8
as long as you see Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set., reduce the 1500 by 8 and iterate with the new number
:: record the MTU that works for your ISP at home
The router conf page is accessible using your browser and HTTP://your_router_address/
You need the router password
set the new MTU. Also set a new router password and save the settngs.

The wired connection should be solid at this point.

The wifi should also be better, as long as you avoid other stations with the same channel.
I assume you've see the post re inSSIDER for wifi setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-out-consistent-speed-with-modem-new-router-no-solution.212305/
Relevancy 24.51%

I'm trying to add ascend modem in my basement so I get a better connection down there, since that's where my Smart TV is. I changed the SSID and password to the same as my other one, and changed some other settings to match that of the other. When I try to connect my laptop via Ethernet it won't connect to the Internet. The two modems are the same model, and I am not well experienced in these things, any and all help is appreciated.

A:Adding second modem

*I'm trying to add a second modem,
Sorry for any other typos

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-second-modem.207409/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have one problem with my PC sound on board,
My pc is windows 7 ultimate 32bit, Intel Desktop Board E210882,
The driver is already install but the icon of sound still red cross like image attach file, I already plug in the headset, any one please help me?

thank, seahong heng

A:No audio output device is installed

Well, one way or another, your computer isn't using the device, so have you checked to see if it's disabled in any way? right click the speaker and go to playback devices, it'll come up with a list of your sound devices, make sure the one you're trying to use isn't disabled (right click to change that) if you're unsure which is yours, just enable them all lemme know if that helps at all

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.188878/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello guys I have not been here in awhile but I hope there s someone out there PS4 Firewalled Xbox One issues NAT Double - and (Modem/Router) that can help shed some light on the issue I am having Hopefully someone can suggest a fix and it ll all work or at least point me in the right direction Xbox One and PS4 NAT issues - Double Firewalled (Modem/Router) and possibly explain anything I may be overlooking or misunderstanding I have a basic understanding of networking so I can work my way around my routers and modem etc To start a small introductory of my issue as you can see from the title I have an issue getting Open NAT for my PS and Xbox One I have firewalls to go through my network setup is as follows Modem gt Router Router Router Bridged gt Device However I have other Routers in the house that are bridged to extend strengthen signal in different parts of the house I have opened the suggested ports for Xbox One on both my Modem ZyXel P- R-F and my Router TL-WR ND I have not configured any special settings on the bridged routers the PS connects by wire Xbox one by wireless same floor as the main Router I have followed guides on setting both of them up First on Portforward com then found a video for my ZyXel modem and it suggested to disable the Active Firewall and Bypass Triangle Route Also to change the NAT SUA Only changed to it was Lastly it suggested to turn off the Enable SIP ALG setting For my router some suggested to just let UPnP do it s job and disable the Port Forwards Virtual Servers it s called in the settings I have tried with just UPnP and with Port Fowards neither make a difference I even disabled the Port Fowards on the Modem and had UPnP on both but to no avail To clarify something if I use Port Fowarding should I have UPnP off OR will they work in together I have done restarts on all devices router modem Xbox One when any changes have been made On my XBO I have turned it to quot Energy Saving quot mode as I have read in several places that it can effect UPnP negatively if it is in quot Instant On quot mode I have tried to set the Reserved Address in my Router for my XBO as another site video said that having a Static IP set on the XBO can cause problems I have tried the static IP set through the XBO and through the router neither makes a difference On my Router I have several firewall settings that are not mentioned by any guides as to if they should be altered the settings allow me to Disable or Enable All currently enabled Firewall SPI Firewall VPN PPTP Passthrough L TP Passthrough IPSec Passthrough ALG FTP ALG TFTP ALG H ALG RTSP ALG I also tried to set up Port Triggering to see if that would help and set the protocol to ALL for all of them originally set them up to the proper TCP UDP but it wasn t working so I changed it to ALL But that did not work either I am not sure if I am missing any other information feel free to ask for anything I am missing My LAN address for my Modem and Router are different eg Modem and for my Router Will this effect how NAT works or cause my issues Thank you P S I know I have not added any troubleshooting for the PS I do not own it and I want to get one device working before I start fiddling with the next nbsp

A:Xbox One and PS4 NAT issues - Double Firewalled (Modem/Router)

Is there no one out there who's network expertise could help me? Hoping this one bump will get this some attention as I have tried everything possible I can with my setup that I can think of, need some fresh ideas.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xbox-one-and-ps4-nat-issues-double-firewalled-modem-router.208494/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi Guys
I'm not so clued up about how to use forums but I tried looking for similar problem here for a solution but nothing.
every time I plug on a new USB flash/external HDD or mobile phone it gives me a message "device was unsuccessfully installed" now I cant access any removable device. yet all my old devices still work.

Please help!!!

A:Unsucessfully installed usb devices win 7 64 bit

Hello there,
Have you tried to update your USB Host controller drivers? If updating doesn't work reinstall them.

Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unsucessfully-installed-usb-devices-win-7-64-bit.208840/
Relevancy 41.28%

Toshiba laptop. Internet at the bottom right says there is a connection available, but says the settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network. It has to be plugged in to the modem to access Internet. Speakers do not work. Ports do not work either. I had it in for repair and he thought it might be the motherboard, but he couldn't fix the other one and I got help with Broni on here and it works fine now. I am hoping someone on here can help me fix this one. It has no viruses; it's clean. Thanks!

A:Laptop cannot access the Internet unless it is hooked to the modem

Ok, the modem=>pc config working says networking is at least sane.

To get the modem=>router=>pc to work, the pc should not have ANY configuration data stored in the network adapter settings. Can you find and clear the network adapter for yourself?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-cannot-access-the-internet-unless-it-is-hooked-to-the-modem.207405/
Relevancy 23.65%

About or months ago I switched to a new internet provider whom also sent me a new modem Problem is is that To My Party Modem How 3rd To Connect Provider's New My Service? this new modem prevents my burglar alarm s dial out alert system from contacting my nominated phone numbers during an activation test If I turn off the modem there is no problem the alarm works perfectly This would be fine except that my brother in law lives next door and uses my internet connection so it is inconvenient if I m away and have to switch the modem off to have the alarm fully functional Prior to the provider change over I was using a rd party TP-Link TD-W ND modem with my prior service provider This modem caused no problems at all with the function of the burglar alarm when left on Therefore I would like to use the TP-Link modem again but I can t get it to work on the new service From memory the modem that was supplied by the new provider was basically plug and play and all I did was just cable it in and there was no keyboard work required This is why I don t know why the TP modem doesn t work since I didn t change anything Evidently there are some How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service? configurations that do need altering but I haven t got a clue Any help or ideas Tom nbsp

A:How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service?

Hello there, You need to apply the appropriate ADSL and network settings on the modem so it can connect to your new provider's network. The ISP support should provide those. Hope you get it up and running soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-connect-my-3rd-party-modem-to-my-new-providers-service.207609/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi there guys

I suddenly can't connect to wifi, but the problem is solved when I use the cable, and connect my laptop directly to modem. surprisingly I checked and it seems I can connect with my tablet to wifi spot! I used recovery and system restore point, but it didn't help.

I really appreciate your help.

oh and yes in wireless mode, I can see different wifis, but when I click to connect, it tries "connecting" but fails as well.

A:Investigate router, access point issues

Do you use MS Update in Autoupdate? looking to see if you are 'current'.

get make/model of your WiFI device (see device mgr),
find the version of the existing driver, then
see if you can find a newer version; install it if found.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/investigate-router-access-point-issues.207216/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello all,

I use an ADSL modem for accessing Internet in my home. I think my wifi password is stolen. I wanna change it but I have a computer only in my office and use the Internet in my home by my iPhone. Is there a way to change that password with my iPhone or should I surely use a computer to do that work, please?

A:How to change the Wifi password of an ADSL modem without a computer

Hello abbasi ,
You can use your iPhone to log in the router and change the wireless settings, however this isn't usually recommended. If something goes wrong when configuring the wireless settings and you are not able to connect to the router you'll need a device that can be connected via Ethernet cable to restore the access.
If this router is supplied by your ISP you can ask them if they have remote access to it to change the password.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-the-wifi-password-of-an-adsl-modem-without-a-computer.207093/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi,

I am playing around with Server 2012. If I want to have a laptop configured for "at office use" with option to go on site, what would be the best way to do that in order to retain access to shared locations on server that is "at office"?

Should I create a standard windows account unrelated to my domain controller, and have them VPN regardless if they are in office or on site? Or is there a way to have a laptop configured for domain use, where it will still be functional (local computer use) on site outside of the office, even without internet connection (I know you can's VPN without it).

Thanks

A:Best way to set up local and remote user with Server 2012

Well this is kind of interesting. You can in fact use a domain laptop away from the local network as long as you have logged into int once on the domain so it can cache your password for future log ins. Now comes to the more difficult part of your question's. Accessing files remotely while not online, you can set up what is called offline files. Offline files will give you acess to your files away from domain network. So if you choose to do offline files any changes made to the file while away from the domain controller where you shares are set up will have to be synced once back on the domain network. So if you make changes to lets say docA while off domain network, once you get back to domain network you will have to sync offline files to the server to update any changes you have made. This set up would not require offsite network but can bring problems when syncing once you reconnect on domain. But now lets say you have the same shares and now you have multiple individials with the same access to the shares. Say you make changes to docA and the other person makes changes to docA while offiste. Once you both reconnect and sync to server you could have issues with data such as duplicate information or doc merging. VPN would be the best option for sure....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-set-up-local-and-remote-user-with-server-2012.206403/
Relevancy 17.63%

Well I am accessing my remote router via and it works access work via phone, Remote PC doesnt via ok when I am using my Phone s Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC browser chrome or IE on Samsung however when I am at computer at work I cant access my router I ran Tracert and I am getting up to hoops and th says quot Request timed out quot lt ms lt ms ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC ms ms ms border ge - unitedair- chg pnap net ms ms ms core te - -bbnet chg pnap net ms ms ms ae - chi ip gtt net ms ms ms xe- - - chi ip gtt net ms ms ms c-eth- - - -pe ecermak il ibone comcast ms ms ms he- - - - -cr ecermak il ibone comcast ms ms ms ms ms ms te- - - - -sur mortongrove il chicago com net ms ms ms te- - -cdn mortongrove il chicago comcas t Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Trace complete Anyone would know why it works on the phone and doesnt really go through all the way to the end nbsp

A:Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC

Ok I have to ask first when you are using your phone is it always using mobile data or do you connect it at work via wifi? When reason that makes sense to me is at your work they maybe blocking the remote port. I guess it all depends on what you are using also. If you are just using standard RDP then they might be blocking port 3389. If you could give further information on how you are connecting remotely whether using software such as teamviewer or just standard RDP. Also how do you have your router configured. I can better understand witht is information thanks....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remote-access-ok-via-phone-doesnt-work-via-pc.206550/
Relevancy 25.37%

Printer Problems in Windows XP sp3
Dell Personal Printer all in one A940
After trying to speed up an older computer running Windows XP
I may have cut off the Print Spooler (or it was already off ?)
I went back to Services dialog box & selected Print Spooler
I clicked the "Start" link at left of service list & got a message tgat said
"could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start."
Printer is still not working can anyone help?

A:Could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068

On Win/7 the dependencies are

HTTP

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper
Manually start each on and set to AUTOSTART as you go.
If one fails, then that is the root problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-start-print-spooler-service-on-local-computer-error-1068.206839/
Relevancy 18.06%

So I have a very strange issue with my laptop.
It's a Toshiba a665-06f
I7 [email protected]
8gb ram
500gb Samsung ssd
Running Windows 8.1 pro

I can't get into the bios it boots in less than 10 secs, I've even tryed removing the hdd to get it to boot to the bios but it just sits at a blank screen when I do that. I've tryed tapping the all the f keys the del and esc on start cant get into the bios or even the boot options. Other than not booting into the bois it works great.
Any ideas please?

A:Unable to access bios

"Other than not booting into the bios, it works great"... So this means you can boot into Windows normally, and use the laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-bios.206928/
Relevancy 23.22%

I bought a ADSL Modem D-Link 2730U

We are connecting to the Modem via Laptop, PC, Phone,... at the same time.

I want to know how can I monitor network(Receive/Send) for each user who connected to the Modem.

Can I do such thing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-network-for-each-user-connected-to-adsl-router-modem.206910/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello all,

I use an ADSL for Internet. The modem is wiry (not wireless). I plug the Ethernet cable from that modem into my laptop for accessing Internet. Everything until now is OK. But I want use the Internet on my cell phone as well. For it I need to use the wifi card of the laptop, this time, as a sender, for wifi Internet accessing for the cell phone!

1- Is it possible?
2- If yes, How to configure that card please?

Thanks.

A:Using laptop as a wireless modem for wifi uses

What kind of phone do you have? If you have wifi, I don't understand why you can't go into the wifi setting on your phone, find wifi & amongst other possible networks should be yours.
Or just get the manual for it , online if need be & go for it. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-laptop-as-a-wireless-modem-for-wifi-uses.206334/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello all,
Most of memories, RAM, ROM, HDD, DVD-RAM and others are
random access. What are some non random access memories please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/non-random-access-memory.206101/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello there,
I have seen that you are knowledgeable regarding pc, and have also seen tht you resolved successfully several threads.

I have a laptop and up to yesterday I could connect to the internet through wifi and cable. But today I cannot.

Here you can see my wifi.txt : https://www.dropbox.com/s/27g7g6xzqb8al1e/myWifi.txt?dl=0
and here my wired: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5nwfr6nwafoj1a/myWired.txt?dl=0
I uninstalled bitdefender to no avail.
Yesterday I was experimenting with this software: hotspot shield, bot revolt, ghostsurf. I uninstalled it yesterday and internet was working fine after that. I am just mentioning it.
I have win 8.1
I dont have any red in device mgr.

I am looking forward to your answer.
I hope you can help me
Kind regards
nisidotatos

A:Connected to internet, but no access

I'm posting a Win/8 solution solved in a private conversation. After proving that TCP could PING and use NSLOOKUP, it is time to suspect browser settings - - here's the solution:

jobeard said:

IE(9) -> Internet Options
General Tab
set homepage too www.google.com/

Security Tab
[x] enable protected mode

Connections Tab
at the bottom click Lan settings button
[x] Automatic detect settings SHOULD BE ON
[ ] auto script OFF
[ ] use a proxy OFF

Advanced Tab
[x] software rendering instead of GPU
Browsing
[x] disable script debugging (there's 2 of these)
HTTP 1.1
[x] both boxes
International
[x] send IDN names
[x] send UTF-8
Security
[x] check publisher revocation
[x] check certificate
[x] check signatures on downloads
[x] enable Windows Authentication
[x] enable memory protection
[x] use SSL 3.0
[x] use TLS 1.0
[x] use TLS 1.1
[x] use TSL 1.2
[x] warn certificate address mismatch
[x] warn if postClick to expand...

nisidotatos said:

It worked.
it was a problem here:
Connections Tab
at the bottom click Lan settings button
[x] Automatic detect settings SHOULD BE ON
[ ] auto script OFF
[ ] use a proxy OFF

the auto was off, and also a vpn required was on, which I deactivated.
It is working now.
This is great.
I thank you so much.
If you ever come to Greece, give me a call!!!Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-internet-but-no-access.205805/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi I m using windows OS and Internet DSL Wifi but Router modem not through connected through using Reliance DSL broadband When I connect to internet directly through modem Internet is accessed but when I use D-Link DIR- Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router router Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router It shows you are offline and shows limited connectivity Ip configuration through wired connection is as below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway When I try to connect with wifi It shows limited connectivity and I can t open login page for ISP Ip config when connected through wifi is below C Users Hiren s gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Link-local IPv Address fe c e b a eb aa IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter isatap reliancebroadband co in Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix reliancebroadband co in IPv Address bed e d bed e d Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address ef fd cc c b Link-local IPv Address fe cc c b Default Gateway C Users Hiren s gt nbsp

A:Internet connected through DSL modem but not through Wifi Router

I also tried friend's TP-Link router, with my Cable, Then it connects perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connected-through-dsl-modem-but-not-through-wifi-router.205006/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am currently using a basic DSL Modem to access the Internet It is connected to a WRT G Router with long range antennas and my current for WRT54G Linksys LTE use modem with V with dd-wrt works like a dream for multiple users All connection is via WIFI except a VoIP unit plugged into one of the Router ports All of this has proven reliable and works very well I am interested in replacing only the DSL Modem with ATT LTE hotspot like Sierra S or NetGear S by using a mini USB to LAN adaptor cable to connect to the router and program off the hotspot built-in WIFI output These units will accept MIMO higher gain antennas and should work well in this hilly area I have contacted a number of so called tech support folks and I might LTE modem for use with Linksys WRT54G as well have been speaking in French It makes perfect sense to me to simply want a LTE modem for use with Linksys WRT54G modem replacement which gets it s Internet access from cell towers I can only find quot enterprise quot boxes at absurd prices that seem to have this capability Am I crazy What am I missing here One thing I do see clearly with specifications that are incomplete and visible connectors etc not described anywhere in so called specifications is that this is all about marketing and a concept push as to how these and similar products should be used I would appreciate any experience or information on this I can t understand why this is not a typical or standard application Many folks are set up with good routers Thank you nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lte-modem-for-use-with-linksys-wrt54g.204800/
Relevancy 26.66%

So I realize that this is my computer telling me that it is not getting a connection to the internet So here is a basic diagram of my setup ISP---- gt Cable Modem----- gt New Splitter---------- gt Asus wifi router working --------- gt Desktop IP also connected to wifi My ISP is Charter Com via a Cable Modem From there I go into a TRENDnet ethernet switch splitter From there I have cable that goes to my desktop one cable to goes Area Local Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx to the upper floor to the wifi router Asus RT-N U The router is working fine and I am currently connected to it I have replaced the TRENDnet Switch every ethernet cable except to Asus wifi router This is where it gets stupid I can disconnect the TRENDnet switch and plug in my Desktop with the IP and it works I have researched this topic via forums for the past month and a half and now after fresh installing windows would like to try and get some input of what other might think is going on I am out of options I Local Area Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx had this setup for quite some time with wired and wifi Local Area Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx but just all of a sudden about - months ago after moving my desk and plugging it all in again it stopped working Here is a text format of Ipconfig of my LAC Configuration for interface quot Local Area Connection quot DHCP enabled Yes IP Address xxx xxx Subnet Prefix xx mask InterfaceMetric DNS servers configured through DHCP None Register with which suffix Primary only WINS servers configured through DHCP None As I said I am now running a fresh install of windows with no Bonjour program on it I have released renewed and about other CMD commands that I could think of The internet options for this adapter are set to obtain automatically I have ran about every malware program I can think of So any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Local Area Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx

Hmm why the splitter BEFORE the router - - that's not the correct way to add a second router

Code:
isp==primary router --- existing PC
to add a second router:

Code:
isp==primary router --- existing PC
|
+--- new router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-169-254-xxx-xxx.203909/
Relevancy 17.63%

Okay next Monday (July 21st) I go in for a hernia operation, I am going to be laid up for awhile and thankfully I have a laptop I can use while recovering upstairs in my bedroom. I can access my Netgear router but the signal is not that strong (bedroom and downstairs office are on opposite corners).

So I have been pondering getting either an Access Point or a Extender for the upstairs but there are so many to choose from I am not sure what to choose nor what brand because the reviews are strongly mixed regardless of who the manufacturer is.

My Needs:
1. Both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz. I've looked at this one but I am not sure: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

2. Something simple to set-up.

3. It must work with WPA security. The above one I linked to, after firther research does not do well with WPA.

A:Access Point or Extender for Upstairs Wireless?

Really NEED 5ghz? dual band systems seem to impact the reliability AND the distance reached.
You could lock it down to use only 2.4Ghz and improve the reliability.

I solved my distance issue using an EoP device and then any WiFi router at the remote end.
That's TWO purchases; The EoP master/slave pair to get wired access into the remote location and then the WiFi router itself. I've always been partial to Netgear and bought their EoP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/access-point-or-extender-for-upstairs-wireless.203893/
Relevancy 18.06%

Someone help me please cannot access but can cable LAN wifi internet My It s urgent Windows IP Configuration Host Name kent-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description My wifi cannot access internet but LAN cable can Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - -A -AF- - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR WB- NG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -CA- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a e b ec Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained June Lease Expires June Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - C- - - -CA- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap CB C E- EC - E - CD- BE B CDC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AA FDD -F C - BD - D -CEDB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My wifi cannot access internet but LAN cable can

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-cannot-access-internet-but-lan-cable-can.203495/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have an internet connection that I have extended to my Brother in law's house, next door. At the moment, I basically have two LAN cables coming out of my modem/router, one going to my computer and another, extended cable, going to his computer.
However, he wants to use his spare modem/router, which has wifi capability, to allow his son to use his own computer downstair with only wifi.
Therefore, will there be any conflicts if I simply splice in a Lan cable or add a lan socket for the second modem/router (wifi location.) at the appropriate point along Lan cable 2? See diagram below.
If there is a possibility of conflict what would be an alternate wiring method?

Thanks,
Tom.

A:Adding extra wifi (modem/router) to my already extended network

Good drawing and this will work just fine. In fact, that's what I use to get access at the far end of the house. Here's the trick;

router#1(lan slot) ---- (lan slot) router#2 with wifi​
Notice that #2 WAN slot is left empty! This places all systems on the same subnet of the router#1 {what you are doing is making router#2 act like a switch which has wifi support (y) }

* Give router# a unique LAN address (If #1 is 192.168.1.1, then make #2 192.168.1.1) This will allow each to be manage via a browser connection
* in router#2 disable DHCP. This forces #1 to be the manager of the entire network and it will handout all IP addresses
Personally, I use the MAC addresses of my devices to enable router#1 to use Address Reservation of IP address for all devices attached to #1 (ie I map the devices to the range 1.2-> 1.10)

Then set the DHCP range in #1 to 1.100-1.50
These will be used for all devices attached (wired or wifi) to #2

Optional:
All systems can then use the firewall to allow or deny access for one or both halves of the network. EG: I permit access for 1-10 and 255 while denying 100-254​ALL system must allow the top-end address 255 as that is the broadcast address that is used to hand out the DHCP data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-extra-wifi-modem-router-to-my-already-extended-network.203204/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am looking into getting a phone in-line noise filter for my 56K modem line (NOT DSL). But I'm not sure how well these things work.

I contacted the phone company and they recommended to get one to try, if it works. The "noise" is not coming from the house line, it is from the line in the street that can't be fixed (Says the AT&T/Verizon).

So a phone line noise filter is my option right now. How well do these things work?

Thanks for the help.

Scott

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-line-noise-filter.202826/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello all!!!! My name is John. I am trying to find some help with an issue that arose after I installed a new hard drive in my computer. I started getting a message that stated:

C:\Users\Owner\App Data\Local\Conduit\API Support\API Support.dll

Anyone know how I can repair this? I saved an image of my system before installing the new hard drive and then just downloaded the image to the new hard drive. HELP!!! please!!

A:Installed new hard drive

You might just need to run some registry cleaners to fix and remove those corrupt registry keys.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-hard-drive.201991/
Relevancy 24.08%

I decided to take the plunge and go with the U-verse internet phone etc because of the speed upgrade and the savings I would get As you already know U-verse needs it s own modem router combo I asked the salesman if I could keep my same router and just use the modem part of the problem Uverse router/modem U-verse system and they said yes no problem Well problem The guy that hooked up my system was not sure Uverse router/modem problem how to connect to two together to make the U-verse just the modem and my modem router to be the router Well I am not sure how to do this either I have a Netgear DGN and the U-verse one is a Motorola NVG I have to take the phone line and go into the Motorola and out into the Netgear I can t get into either router now to check anything out I do get internet so I am at least okay in that respect but some of my links to my lighting system and other things don t work properly now I suppose because it is not set up right Any help would be greatly appreciated Just let me know what other info you would need to help me with this little mess Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uverse-router-modem-problem.201676/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi been awhile since I last posted. In the house we have a desktop and 2 laptops on the go in the house.The desktop is wired internet while the laptops are run on wifi.This worked fine until my isp UPC upgraded my internet speed from 50mb to 120mb.. The desktop and one of the laptops still works fine but the acus laptop has web access for between 20 mins to 45mins before the wifi drops off and becomes limited access. The wifi needs to be renabled to regain access to the wifi which lasts another small while until it gets limited access again.

The laptop specs are:
Acus K53e
Windows 7 home premium 64bit
intel Centrino N100 wifi adapter
Ram 6gig

At the moment its running for 30 mins then wifi cuts off for a few seconds before starting up again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-gets-limited-access-after-period-of-time.201028/
Relevancy 18.49%

You've all prob solved this problem for a thousand other folks...
I cant access my Ext Hard Drive. It worked fine on my PC first time around. When I took it to my MAC it was read only. I reformatted the EHD so that I would be able to copy files from my MAC. Now I want to transfer some of the data back to my PC but I can no longer access the drive on my PC.

I've read some threads with related issue.
Drive shows up in Devices and Printers.
Drive shows up in Disk Partitions> Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions> but when I right click on the drive, "Change Driver Letter and Paths" option is greyed out.
Drive does not show up when I go to Start>diskpart>run as administrator>list volumes...

I know the data is on the drive and my computer somewhat recognizes the drive. But I cannot access to explore, save to , etc. Please help.

A:Can't access my Ext.HD

Try to retrieve the data from the external hard drive with a data recovery software by connecting it to mac and then format the Ext Hard drive before it is connected to your PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-my-ext-hd.200498/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have a client that has been asking me about a way to monitor internet activities or to get email addresses for people who use his wifi hotspots He owns a chain of restaurants and essentially wants a system page access? restaurant hotspot for Login that retrieves people s email addresses when they connect so he can send them promotional emails Personally I think this is a terrible idea but professionally I have to give him my opinion I was going to suggest that he have a sign in page that the router directs traffic to before it gives full connectivity to the user Login page for restaurant hotspot access? This page would Login page for restaurant hotspot access? have a user agreement that allows for sending promotional emails I ve seen these at airports and some other businesses and I hate them but this seems to be the least morally objectionable way to do what he s asking rather than implementing a shady web traffic monitoring system I m pretty sure all this would take would be to have the DHCP managed by a server that through the dns sends all traffic to a page that requires registering a login before granting full access to the network Has anyone done something like this themselves or have a suggestion for a method or application that aids in something like this Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/login-page-for-restaurant-hotspot-access.200163/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have been have issues with my cable modem suddenly shutting down and then resetting itself. I am thinking it is time to replace the one I have that is at least 7 years old. What is the average life span of a modem?

A:Average life of a cable modem?

Perhaps it's overheating a bit due to dust build-up? I have a DSL modem/router combo and it's pretty warm. Since taking it apart is a bit of a pain, I use compress air & vacuum cleaner on it from time to time.

7 years does sound long, so might be better to replace it and give yourself the peace of mind.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/average-life-of-a-cable-modem.174001/
Relevancy 18.06%

HI I read the whole thing but I ve certainly gotten lost in a few parts I believe I have a similar issue I have laptop with windows and it ha dbeen connecting to wifi for almost a year already with no problem all of a sudden for the past few days it started showing the DAMN yellow triangle and its always quot no internet access quot cant surf the web but my iphone and my neighbour who im splitting the bill with are connecting just fine Also when connected to an ethernet cable it works it actually very clearly show the name of my wireless network with the words quot no internet access quot beneath and then the name of the wired network HOME b with the words quot internet access quot beneath and thats how im typing this right now I havent made any changes in the last two days I downloaded Advanced system care driver booster and malware fighter all from IObit but that was last week I dont see why it didnt make the wifi faili right away assuming it was that this just happened days ago the only thing downloaded by my brother was the facebook video callin add on which I uninstall already to rule it out I have ran ipconfig and as far as I understand which is not a lot internet with Laptop no access eveything seems to be in order dhcp is enabled I checked the Laptop with no internet access properties of the network and both the internet protocol TCP IPv and TCP IPv are enabled and set to automatically obtain IP address and DNS server ive tried other things here and there like uninstalling third party applications like apple BONJOUR and uninstalling avg which was expired anyway although it never gave me tha tissue before I also turned off windows firewall for a minute just to see but nothing works as soon as I unplug ethernet and connect to wireless it connects at first without the warning sign but as soon as I try to open a website it appears and fails surfing I dont know what to do I can copy the ipconfig results or anything you d like ONE MORE THING I CAN actually log in to the routers default gateway even while on wireless and no internet access displays Moderator note Moved out this thread - http www techspot com community t gh-ethernet-but-not-wifi post- nbsp

A:Laptop with no internet access

Advance System Care years ago used to be ok but tends to be mainstream and allows third party applications to install on there own if you are not careful. Get rid of anything Iobit related that is al junk I dont care what anybody says I remove it because after careful research Malwarebytes will tell you that it is malware. Anyway sounds like you could have an issue with a virus or malware being what you have downloaded. I would try to run malwarebytes to see if anything comes up if you are not familiar with it here is a link to download it. I understand you do not have internet so you will have to download it to a flash drive and run it on the computer. Post what it finds and we will go from there. If you can wire in and get internet let mek now that also. But it sounds like that wont work either due to the nature of your issue. http://ninite.com/malwarebytes/

Also what I would do is try to attempt a system restore back to when the first issue came up. That way you might be able to go back in time before the issues but if it is a virus this wont work. Just an idea./

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-with-no-internet-access.199753/
Relevancy 24.08%

My last modem dlink wifi modems chipset was damaged due to high voltage...I've bought a new one called dlink DSL 2750u1 which is supposedly the best company offers... Now it's got 4 Ethernet ports , wifi and other usual suspects. But what intrigutes me is the USB 3.0 port, which I know is for connecting with comps without Ethernet cards , but it's also mentioned on the box that it offers to store and access data in hard drives and flash drives over network, connecting
Printers and converting net dongles into wifi.
As of now I really wanna know how to acces data in connected HDDs and pen drives.
Thank you in advance...

A:USB port in modem extra uses?

I think if you set it up right, you can stream the content on you USB or portable harddrive from the USB3 port that you on the modem through wifi

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-port-in-modem-extra-uses.199670/
Relevancy 18.06%

Recently I pulled a dell dimension 5150 out of my basement, dusted it off and got it running again with xp sp2 (I only had the installation disk for that one). With one exception. I'm using an Ethernet cable going directly to my router and it says that I'm connected to 1394 at 400.0 Mbps (which I found to be rather surprising) but I cant activate my windows (I wiped the hard drive and re-installed) or access internet explorer so that I can get chrome. If you need any other information please let me know. I am currently posting this from my current computer which has wireless and is working fine.

EDIT: I am posting this from my current computer which has wifi

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-ethernet-connected-but-i-cant-access-the-internet.199726/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi,

I recently bought dlink D2750U WIFI ADSL modem/router, for my ADSL internet connection.

But I have now changed my ISP, who provide internet via cable(not telephone line). The ISP guy provides a cable modem(old modem) along with it.

I have connected my PC this way:
Cable modem -> Router -> PC through RJ45. I am able to access internet from my PC, but I am not able to get wifi working on the router. And I am logging onto internet through a dial up connection.
Questions:
1) Please help in configuring the router to get wifi working.
2) Also, my default gateway seems to be either 0.0.0.0 or blank. So, I am not able to login to the modem unless I remove the modem connection. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here.

Here are a few more details:
Output of ipconfig: http://pastebin.com/Zr9Eb7L7

A:Using dlink D2750U Wifi Modem/Router As a Wifi Router

Hey Narain. The D-Link unit you have appears to be a combo unit (modem and wireless router) since it connects straight to the RJ-11 phone line. This unit won't work with an ISP that provides service by way of coax cable. The D-Link will work if you want to use DSL, but you need a cable service compatible modem or combo modem/router if you use cable service.

ftp://support.dlink.co.in/broadband/DSL-2750U/manual/DSL-2750U_C1_Manual_IN_1.00.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-dlink-d2750u-wifi-modem-router-as-a-wifi-router.199643/
Relevancy 23.22%

Please help, ive tried everything, It was working now it wont, Please help, it's a home built pc, ive added a pic of the specs

A:No Audio Devices Installed

It looks like you have an ASUS? Go to the ASUS website. Look under Support to find drivers. Enter model number of your motherboard, select the OS and ASUS should give you the audio driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-devices-installed.199330/
Relevancy 17.63%

I've a wired network at home like this:

Code:
Internet
|
ADSL Router
|
Dlink Switcher
|
I'm going to buy a new tablet (ASUS MeMO Pad Smart 10), which supports internet through wifi. I was wondering how can I share the internet access with the new device? What new devices should I buy and what changes are required to my network setup?

Thanks in advance.

A:How to share wired Internet access with WiFi device

I figured it out, I need an AP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-share-wired-internet-access-with-wifi-device.199110/
Relevancy 23.22%

Is this the right Forum I have an older Compaq nc with a failing Fujitsu G HD that I decided to replace with a SSD PATA IDE drive Transcend TS GSD GB IDE Hardware Agere Systems AC Modem Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Intel R Ultra ATA Storage Controler - CA HL-DT-ST RW DVD GCC- N DVD Drive ATI MOBILITY RADEON Series Display Adapter Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection O Micro OZ M MemoryCardBus Controller Intel R Pentium R M processor GHz Started machine with OS recovery disk to load windows XP Loaded SP and all drivers Computer seemed SSD Hard Drive installed OK at first Then every time it is started up Windows loads up SSD Hard Drive installed to the background and stalls It takes another minutes or so to get the task bar and systray Also after a minute or so a window opens to tell me that a driver for some hardware has successfully loaded but the list of the hardware is blank Then the CPU maxes out the fan starts and the machine slows way down When I look at processes in Task Manager there is a svchost that is using of the CPU cycles When I kill this svchost process the machine runs much more in line with what I expected What do I do to fix it I need for this computer to run with the SSD drive nbsp

A:SSD Hard Drive installed

Is the SSD seen by the bios? The OS recovery disk is in a CD drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-hard-drive-installed.198946/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a personal computer at the boarding school I attend Access Limited an Asus G VW and whenever I try to connect to the main internet connection it says limited access I have also tried using Ethernet and it says unidentified network with the Ethernet Here is my IPCONFIG ALL below I also have Windows if that helps --------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Herman gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ASUS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List cefpub local Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address E- -DE- E-FC- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VPN Tunnel Adapter Physical Address -FF- B- - B- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF- -F - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address DC- -DE- E-FC- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix cefpub local Description Qualcomm Atheros AR WB-EG Wireless Net work Adapter Physical Address DC- -DE- E-FC- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc ba c f fc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday December PM Lease Expires Monday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EE- B-E -DC- -DE- E-FC- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire Limited Access net Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Eth ernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - - D-EB-AA- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap cefpub local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix cefpub local Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd a e ef f dd Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe a e ef f dd Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EE- B-E -DC- -DE- E-FC- NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Herman gt nbsp

A:Limited Access

Well its probably the school network, do you have to register the machine with the network and enter passcodes etc. That sounds like it maybe the issue.

Also I would take down that stuff you posted with your subnet, IP, etc, its alot of personal information about your PC thats a little too much if you catch my drift.

Back on subject, I would first check if you have to register it or something first, then we can go from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-access.198300/
Relevancy 23.22%

Please excuse me if Forward modem Port Motorola 100000 SBG6580? on surfboard I ve mis-posted here or need to supply other info I m relatively new here I have created a static IP for my PC running Win and was attempting to quot open quot a port on my motorola surfboard modem SBG I have understood and followed the steps on the Port Forward website http portforward com english routers port forwarding Motorola SBG Vuze htm up until it says quot Forward Port on the Motorola SBG quot The image shown above on that page is actually the modems Firewall page not its Forwarding Forward Port 100000 on Motorola surfboard modem SBG6580? page it then says Forward Port 100000 on Motorola surfboard modem SBG6580? Forward User Defined Port on the Motorola SBG We will list a series of lines here that will show you exactly how to forward the ports you need to forward This program requires you to forward the following ports Go ahead and enter the settings shown above into the Port Forwarding menu The display below that shows where theoretically you would enter information but that actually looks more like the Port Filtering page then the Forwarding page Local IP Adr Start Port End Port Protocol Enabled It then says quot When you re finished click Apply near the bottom of the screen to save your changes quot My Questions I guess are How the Hell do I forward port Am I even in the right location Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer me and I apologize if it isn t clear or lacking information this is all rather new to me nbsp

A:Forward Port 100000 on Motorola surfboard modem SBG6580?

I don't think there is a port 100000. As far as I remember there are only 64k - 1 ports available per IP. This does look like where you'd do your port forwarding, but you'd need to specify the local IP address to route the traffic to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/forward-port-100000-on-motorola-surfboard-modem-sbg6580.191874/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi guys,

I have an ADSL TP-Link modem model TD-8817 version 6. I want to configure it in bridge mode. The only thing I know about that is my VPI is 0 and the VCI is 35. Does anyone know how to do that step-by-step please?

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/configuring-adsl-modem-in-bridge-mode.198048/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey guys I ve recently installed a new hard drive on my desktop PC It s a GB quot drive that I removed off of a new laptop I got The drive works great BUT ever since I installed it I get a really annoying drive, hard boot new get message Installed on message every time I boot my machine It s some sort of copyright disclaimer It says the brand of the HDD Hitachi and lists the copyright of the disk management system or something like that It says copyright jmicron com and then quot Hit enter to continue quot The message is displayed maybe for seconds and it disappears on its own so no need to press enter Pressing enter will get rid of it faster So yes Installed new hard drive, get message on boot it s not an error but it s annoying and it adds to Installed new hard drive, get message on boot my boot time I m assuming the exact brand and model of the HDD isn t relevant nor is it the message but if it is let me know and I ll post that information I m not near my PC at the moment Is there an option in the BIOS or msconfig I Installed new hard drive, get message on boot could change to get rid of this Intel Core i GHz GB DDR RAM Mhz GB Samsung SSD Main drive additional HDDs GB GB and GB ATI Radeon HD GB W Power Supply W nbsp

A:Installed new hard drive, get message on boot

A little help with this, please? I'm baffled, I'm no computer newbie and I've installed many-a hard drives before, but I had never gotten this message after installation. The exact model of the hard drive is:

Hitachi HTS547575A9E384

This is a picture of the message:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-hard-drive-get-message-on-boot.197890/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone I ve been having a little problem and hopefully someone from the community might be GT Problem installed 610 Newly GeForce able Newly installed GeForce GT 610 Problem to help I own a really basic computer that I ve had for years I don t use it for gaming or anything like that Mainly sufing the web really basic none labour intensive tasks Anyway I started getting random BSOD problems and the code that came with the shutdown pointed to it being a driver problem I was using a fairly old driver anyway as I d have previous problems with BSOD s with the updated versions After numerous uninstalls and reinstalls of different drivers the problem wasn t going away Until after one BSOD and restart the screen was completely filled with either green or pink pixels depending on the background colour After a little research I came to the conclusion that the graphics card was on it s way out I should say at this point that the old graphics car was a GeForce GS So not wanting to have to upgrade anything but the gpu and also not wanting to spend a great deal of money that really dont have at the moment I started searching for a replacement card for my system I finally settled on a GeForce GT as it sounded simpler to replace Nvidia for Nvidia in this case and was pretty basic After researching and installng the new gpu I started up the computer to see wether I d still have the pixel problem or not Low and behold they had gone and I thought my troubles were behind me hahaha how wrong I was Without any of the Nvidia driver installed uninstalled in control panel and DriveSweeper used running on the quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot I had no problems at all and my cpu usage when idle was fine I then updated the drivers to the latest version and numerous other versions throughout the day and started getting a problem When the computer attempted to do any task no matter how basic it would stutter The loading icon next to the mouse stopping starting and freeze continuously which it had never really done before I opened up tast manager to check what was going on and in the performance tab the cpu usage was at in an idle state After checking processes for all users I couldn t see anything that seemed to be causing the cpu usage to be that high There were numerous quot svchost exe quot open but only as many as there were without the drivers installed and they weren t using any more memory than normal either Running HWMonitor showed all my voltages and temperatures to be fine I ve also checked my voltages with a voltage testing machine and they cam back fine Every time I uninstall the driver and use the standard vga its fine then as soon as the driver is install I m getting the lagging and high cpu usage problem So does anyone think they could possibly shed some light on what might be going wrong Could it be a clash in the hardware But obviously I m so far away from being an expert it s not funny haha Any help would be appreciated and sorry for such a long winded essay Congrats if you managed to read it to the end System specs CPU - Intel Core Duo E Motherboard - GigaByte GA-T MG Old GPU - GeForce GS New GPU - GeForce GT PSU - XFX Pro W RAM - GB DDR Storage - Seagate Barracuda GB ST AS Thanks nbsp

A:Newly installed GeForce GT 610 Problem

Try this:
1) Download, do not install, the latest nVidia driver from here (32bit).
2) Create a system restore point before proceeding. Use these directions for assistance.
3) Download and run Display Driver Uninstaller from here.
4) Check the boxes that state "Remove PhysX" and "Remove C:\AMD or C:\NVIDIA folders" and "Save log files in startup path".
5) Chose the option "Uninstall the current and previous drivers and restart the computer".
6) Let the computer reboot/restart.
7) Install the driver you downloaded in step 1.

If this does not work, there is an issue with the GPU. You will need to RMA it and get a new one. Tell the manufacturer that you are having issues. They will usually comply and send a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-installed-geforce-gt-610-problem.197095/
Relevancy 24.08%

Is it possible umm my Main router is zyxel p-660hn-t1a and my other router is Prolink H5004N Thanks I want to connect them and use the pro link as a extension signal is it possible?

A:How to connect 2 Modem router?

In my views this type of connection will not work...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-connect-2-modem-router.196355/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I've removed a lot of things yesterday and when i check today, i lost sound. I think I accidentally removed something related to sound drivers or something like that...but I don't remember what.
There is no volume control in the taskbar. I have reinstalled the audio device and everything is fine but still no sound. I also checked the device manager and there is no any conflicts.

Here is my sound devices information in the attachments.

Thank for helping

A:Have audio device installed but still no sound

Did you also try looking in Add/Remove Programs to first uninstall Realtek from there?

If not, try that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-audio-device-installed-but-still-no-sound.165169/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi, I've been away camping for a couple of weeks and now that I'm back my desktop computer no longer connects to the internet. As I state in the title, however; the signal strength says it's "very good".

I've tried removing the connection and re-adding it, I've tried moving the wireless USB/removing and potential disturbances, but to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated!

A:Signal strength: Very good, Access: Limited connectivity

Turn off the Modem
Turn off the Router
Turn off the PC
Turn off all network gear

Do this for 30 seconds.

Then slowly turn on the modem (DSL or Cable)
Then the router
Any switches
Then the PC
Then the rest of your network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/signal-strength-very-good-access-limited-connectivity.195843/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi guys,
I need some help. I have aseagate 1TB ext. hard drive. I cansee it as G drive bit cannot access the files. Strangely I did get the same issue some time back and I ran th seagate tools and the bad sector was resolved. This time I was trasfereing the video files and after completing the task the drive is visible in my computer but I cannot access the files. Whole lot of data is stuck and pretty important too. Kindly suggest a solution.
Windows 8 in use

Thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-files.195769/
Relevancy 23.65%

Problem:
I have a PC that has to connect to a server through a modem for security reasons.
While it is connected to the modem, a screen needs to be printed.
The printer that is being used is connected to the local network.
While connected to the modem, attempting to print gives the error "The RPC server is unavailable."

System:
Windows XP Professional SP3
Printer server is Windows Server 2008
Modem is old 56k modem connected by serial port (don't think that matters)

What I've tried:
I have tried modifying the routing table to force connections to the subnet that the computer and printer are hosted on.
route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0 METRIC 40 IF 0x2
ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53, ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2 is the integrated NIC
The RPC service is running, and I have also started the RPC locator

Any suggestions what I should do next?

A:Unable to print to network printer while connected to modem

These are correct

ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53,
ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2
but this is not

route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0
and should not be necessary at all, if the PC gateway is on 10.1.61.x

Instead, get the output of ROUTE PRINT and post that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-while-connected-to-modem.195362/
Relevancy 17.2%

My Dell laptop recently stopped connecting to the wireless router at my house. Every other device in the house that uses the internet connects perfectly, however my laptop says that is connected, but above that it says "Unidentified Network - No Internet access". I haven't installed anything new on it except the latest version of Java. It is a Windows 7 laptop and this problem has never happened before. How can I fix it so I can use the internet again?

A:My Dell laptop will not give me access to the internet via my wireless router

Hi Algeroch,

Click on the links below to troubleshoot and resolve Wired and Wireless Networking Issues on your Dell computer.

Wireless Networking for the Home: http://dell.to/105mWOZ
Wired Internet Connection for the Home: http://dell.to/122rnZ5

Please reply if you have further queries. We would be happy to help.

Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-laptop-will-not-give-me-access-to-the-internet-via-my-wireless-router.194606/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi. I use a 1tb external hard drive to store music, photos and movies. I use it on my Imac, also on my Asus e-book. I see that the external hard drive is partitioned into two. How or why I don't know. What I do know is that the first part is now full, and I cant see the second part when plugged into the USB on either computer. Could anyone help me by suggesting how I can access the second 500gig? Id appreciate answers in plain English, I really dont understand more than the basics, and the clearer ans simpler the answers the more I will learn, and thanks to all those about to read this !

A:Unable to access both partitions on external hard drive

Back-up all your data on the first partition.​
Right click on "My computer" and click "manage".This should take you to the computer management screen.​
Look at the left, you should see an option that says "Disk Management"; Click on it.​
You should be able to see all the disc partitions, find your External HDD partitions.​
Right-Click on the 2nd partition and delete it.​
After that right click on your first partition and select the option to "Extend Partition"​
​If you are confused, or need confirmation for anything please don't hesitate to ask.​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-access-both-partitions-on-external-hard-drive.195074/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hey all new here Hoping for some advice Last night I was playing my games when suddenly my Bigfoot Network Adapter crashed I rebooted thrice attempting to have it come back to no avail I began using my Wireless adapter in its place The next morning I booted up to find that the Bigfoot Network Adapter had come back but with an issue My computer is showing that it is connected to the network and I can read all network computers and access copy write files to other systems on the network The issue is I have no internet on my computer I have tried booting multiple games with them crashing they never crashed as such before even with Internet' 'Access type: Internet no but no internet and tried even booting Skype which crashed when attempting to connect to the internet I m afraid I ve done some tweaking that I shouldn t have considering I was attempting to run my game with lowest ping But I ve only used installable proxy programmed such as SmoothPing and FixMyLag Any help would be appreciated Please PC Specs Intel Core i GHz GB Corsair Vengeance GB Vertex SSD Windows Ultimate SP If there s anything I ve missed do tell New to this fixing 'Access type: Internet' but no Internet stuff Cj nbsp

A:'Access type: Internet' but no Internet

Have you reinstalled your WLAN drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/access-type-internet-but-no-internet.194794/
Relevancy 43.86%

Have a new Netgear wireless router and can connect to it, but can only get local access only, no internet.
Tried a few things with no luck so far.
The one thing that did work was eliminating the wireless security, but dont want to leave it that way.
Seems like this is a common problem with Vista.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

A:Local Access Only With Wireless Using Windows Vista

Go to the Device Mgr, expand Network Adapters and look for yellow or red flags. It's most likely that the driver is missing or needs to be updated.

If there's any driver at all, then the led lights near the ethernet cable will be on.

Uninstall the existing driver (but do not delete it) and reboot.
The system should find the device and use the autoconfig feature to install the
correct one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-access-only-with-wireless-using-windows-vista.194148/
Relevancy 18.06%

Good morning everyone,

My database at work has hit a snag. Whenever I open it I get this error (see attach.) Once I click on yes, it still does not open. It just shows the loading circle (Vista) constantly...

A colleague and myself are the only ones who use this database - it holds 17,000+ files that we have to track. Hers works fine, albeit slowly.

Any help out there with this one? Always appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-access-database-issues.194266/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a Dell Dimension 5100 Desktop computer that the power supply recently went on so I replaced it and now the computer is not recognizing the CD/DVD drives?

When I first installed it and powered the computer on it said I had a Floppy Diskette Seek Failure . I don't have any floppy drives installed so I disabled it through the BIOS and now I noticed the drives aren't working . I have two drives installed one to play dvds and burn cds and the other is a dvd burner . Both of the drives power up and you can hear the disk spinning but nothing happens and the computer doest show I have them?

A:Installed New Power Supply / CD Drives not recognized

The old PSU may have taken out the motherboard when it fried - fairly common, especially with the cheap O.E.M. units used by Dell. Also, some Dell boards are proprietary, which means the connectors may not be standard ATX - Check the pinout on the 24 pin ATX connector to make sure it matches on both PSUs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-power-supply-cd-drives-not-recognized.193915/
Relevancy 17.63%

My Sengate T external HD it access initialize Can't -- won't external drive hard has been working for years It has vital back ups files movies docs etc I CANNOT AFFORD TO LOOSE ANYTHING I am a DJ and also have over tracks on there I was using the external HD on a Windows laptop and accidentally pulled the USB cable out of the port while it was loading and changing the quot Permissions for SYSTEM and Authenticated User quot on a specific file on my external HD When I plugged it back in the drive showed up on my computer as normal but would Can't access external hard drive -- it won't initialize not open After reading a few posts I went to the device manager deleted the drivers for the external HD then when I Can't access external hard drive -- it won't initialize plugged it back in it updated the drivers and told me me my device is now working properly and ready to use and my drivers are up to date But now it wont show up on my Can't access external hard drive -- it won't initialize computer at all I went into disk management and the Disk had an icon with a picture of a HD with a red arrow facing down in a white circle under Disk it says Unkown empty line Not Initialized I then right clicked and it said offline When trying to get it back online it says quot The system cannot find the file specified quot In the properties under Volumes it says Disk Disk Type Unknown Status Not Initialized Partition style Not Applicable Capacity MB Unallocated space MB Reserved space MB When I try to Initialize Disk it says quot The system cannot find the file specified quot I have tried it on every port and on a different PC running Vista as well as on my TV which now says quot no USB device plugged in quot PLEASE HELP I NEED TO FIX THIS or at least find a way to BACK IT UP and transfer ALL the data onto another drive nbsp

A:Can't access external hard drive -- it won't initialize

Similar thing happened to me.. I'd love to hear an answer on how to recover the data as some of it is rather important.. Good luck DJC, I'll check back in and hopefully we will have our files back!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-external-hard-drive-it-wont-initialize.189277/
Relevancy 17.63%

Objects available : Laptop with windows vista(32 Bit Home Basic SP 2)
: iPAD
: Tata Docomo internet data card

PROBLEM : I connect to internet via data card on my laptop. I want to share this internet connection on my iPAD which I am not able to do.

After connection to internet via data card on laptop, I created a wireless ad hoc connection. Which creating ad hoc connection I do not get the option of " SHARE INTERNET".
On iPAD this network is detected and the iPAD connects to this network.
On Laptop it is then shown this way :-

MY LAPTOP -------------------- MULTIPLE NETWORKS ----------------- INTERNET

But still the internet on iPAD doesnt get activated.

Plz help. ...

A:Access data card internet on laptop through wifi

GOT THE SOLUTION.!!!
After extensive search on the internet, I got 1 solution. Unchecking the option "ALLOW SHARE OF CONNECTION" in properties of the data card internet. Then setting up of an ad hoc connection, will get the option "SHARE INTERNET CONNECTION".

Thank You

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/access-data-card-internet-on-laptop-through-wifi.193231/
Relevancy 17.63%

I m hoping to get some help on this because I ve spent hours and hours during the last days trying to fix this problem on my own No luck Please I m trying to connect to a public wifi network at home on my laptop Lenovo ThinkPad and while it shows that the computer none but Unidentified network. Packets No access. internet set received. is connected to the network it shows quot unidentified network no internet access quot and I Unidentified network. Packets set but none received. No internet access. m unable to go online My housemate has a Mac laptop and it connects without any problems When I go to quot Wireless Network Connection Status quot it shows that packets have been sent but received Operating System is Windows bit This is what I get from the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dasha-THINK Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - E-EE- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description b g n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter II Physical Address - - E-EE- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ecbc a a e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - F- F- - - E-BB-C -B DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - E-BB-C -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes As you can the default gateway is blank I run McAfee and I already tried disabling the firewall and then uninstalling McAfee thinking it s the cause of my problem but nothing changed When I try to ping I get lost and packets sent and received I hope someone will be kind enough to offer some ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Unidentified network. Packets set but none received. No internet access.

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.161.62(Preferred)Click to expand...

that's the problem - - not attached to your router.
"Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Mixed" is typically the reason.

save the attached file to disk and rename by removing the .TXT suffix

double click and allow the change.

disconnect the ethernet cable, wait 30 seconds and then reattach it

+30 seconds more and repeat the IPCONFIG /ALL

you should see Note Type hybrid and a real IP address

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unidentified-network-packets-set-but-none-received-no-internet-access.193127/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hiya,

trying to resolve an issue with my homebuilt computer crashing while playing games. I had an HIS Radeon 5770 installed. I removed it and put in a Radeon 6670. When I powered the computer up, I got "no signal" on my display. I removed the new card and put in the old card again. "no signal"

I tried both in another PCIe slot. "no signal"

For the record, I have a Rampage III Formula mobo. There's no onboard video, so I can't try the computer without a video card.

Help?

A:Installed new Graphics card, now neither new nor old card sends signal to display

Have you tried clearing the mobo's CMOS (including battery removal) ?
Did you test the HD 5770 in another machine to see if it was indeed failing ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-graphics-card-now-neither-new-nor-old-card-sends-signal-to-display.192721/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, does anyone know what the problem is? I took out the screen of my old laptop, and put a replacement screen in. The screen its self (Samsung) is exactly the same model as the old one, except the inverter board looks a bit different. The laptop turns on fine with no screen plugged in, but when when I plug the new screen in, the only thing that turns on is the power supply light. I tried removing the new screen and it turned on fine. It's only when the screen is plugged in when it doesn't turn on. Is it because it's the wrong inverter board? I still have the old one. Should I just switch the boards? Thanks for all the help.

A:Replaced Laptop Screen but Wont Turn On When Installed

**Update: I tried replacing the inverter board, but the connecter with 6 pins wont fit...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-laptop-screen-but-wont-turn-on-when-installed.192648/
Relevancy 18.06%

Last week, I has a good time with my families and taken some great photos.
But, unfortunately, after plunging SD card into my laptop, it became really weird.
It was continuously telling me to format this SD card every time I attempted to open it in My Computer. But, I could see there is still 1GB data.
How could I access these photos without formatting?

A:How could I access these photos without formatting?

If you format the card, you will lose your photos and everything else on it for sure. I don't know if this will help but instead of plugging the card into the laptop directly, try leaving the SD card in the camera and use a cable (that should have come with the camera) to connect the camera to a USB port on the laptop. Refer to your camera manual for specifics but I don't think you need to install any software.

If this doesn't work, your SD card may have failed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-could-i-access-these-photos-without-formatting.192435/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi all,

I have a Micro SD card (4GB). When I put it to my computer (windows 7 ultimate 32-bit) from USB port, I can't access into it. And writes "Removable disk G:" (like below image) and doesn't show other specifications of that volume. And when I double click on it, a pop up window appears and says "Please insert a disk into removable disk G:". I used some commands line "chkdsk /f G:" in command prompt window, but it also writes "can not open volume for direct access". And also right click does not work on that volume for format it. In the command prompt also formatting results the same for chkdsk /f g: as message unfortunately.

Is there any way to access into that volume?
Thank you.

A:Cannot access to a MicroSD card

Is "removable disk G" there all the time? Often times card readers just show up in My Computer whether anything is in there or not.

What happens if you remove and insert the card while having Disk Management open? Does anything change in there?

Can you connect the device that uses the card to the computer through a USB cord? Is the card readable that way?

If those all fail, then, I'd suggest finding out what card reader it is and downloading the drivers for it (just in case) and then deleteing it through device manager and rebooting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-to-a-microsd-card.192317/
Relevancy 46.01%

Just hooked up to att uverse ,they installed a att200 modem/router ,I have 12 mbps internet. I cant seem to make it hook up to the router
I have tried to enter the info on the printer keypad and throught the computer. computer is pent. 4 ,xp,

I was able to connect my laptop and kindle to the router.
I am not sure if the printer is recognizing the router or vice versa.
in general I dont know what is happening

I just found out it will print from my laptop,so I think my printer is connecting to the router,correct?
just tried to print from laptop again and did not work.
the wifi light on the printer is off.
it used to work great with the other router before att upgraded me

Printer is a epson workforce 520

It is a motorola router

A:AT&T installed new router/modem now my printer will not connect wifi

It worked, then didn't work? What? :S

Maybe check the wifi encryption. Make surei t's WPA2 and not anything else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/at-t-installed-new-router-modem-now-my-printer-will-not-connect-wifi.192245/
Relevancy 20.64%

Greetings!

I have a problem. I have a cable modem CISCO 2100, INTELLINET wired router, D-Link 10/100 switch. Modem is connected to router along with 3 other computers, switch is connected to router along with 2 other computers. Now all that works fine.
When I try to connect my TELINDUS 1132 ADSL wireless router to switch, I can't access the wireless router, which is http://192.168.1.1/. Why I do this? Because I want to setup my wireless router to work with my laptop in a wireless way, but I can't even access the router.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

A:Modem+router+switch+wireless router

Without the wifi connected, use IPCONFIG /ALL and look for the Gateway address - - that should be your 192.168.1.1[*]

Now connect any computer directly to a lan port on the new wifi router BUT leave the WAN port empty!
Again use the ipconfig and look at the Gateway address - - it MUST NOT BE 192.168.1.1 - - that would create a conflict.

While connected like this, change the router address (say 192.168.2.1), limit the DHCP range to something like 2-16, set a new admin password and save the configuration. You will need to login again and now setup the WiFi SSID and passphrase for your encryption. Disable Remote Management and do not allow port 8080. Save the configuration once more.

Now you can add the WiFi router, but let's talk about the wiring.

You now have

Code:

Modem=Router#1--Switch--devices(3)
|
+--- more stuff(2)

The TELINDUS 1132 ADSL is intended to be a modem+router so you will need to
connect a LAN slot on the TELINDUS 1132 to a LAN slot on a switch. (leave the DSL connection empty).

Code:

Modem=Router#1--Switch--devices(3)
| |
| +---- TELINDUS 1132 . . . WiFi Connections
+--- more stuff(2)

ALL your devices will now be controlled by the 192.168.1.1 router shown at the top[*].
The new wifi router on 192.168.2.1 will control the WiFi access, but never assign an IP address. This creates a single LAN subnet and any active device can be configured for all windows Print/File Sharing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-router-switch-wireless-router.192234/
Relevancy 17.63%

I've got a guy who wants to double password protect his wifi. I know that having strong encryption, and a long password with alpha-numeric and non-alpha-numeric characters would work better for him, but I'm not sure I can convince him of that. Is there a way that I can require two passwords to get into a wireless network?

A:Can I require two passwords to access a wireless network?

I dont think it is possible unless you invest in some expensive hardware such as those at businesses (where you need to login on a login page).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-require-two-passwords-to-access-a-wireless-network.192153/
Relevancy 17.2%

I run Windows WD MyPassport TB Problems first started about halfway into a Vuze transcode for a movie the randomly External WD HD denied messages. giving me access My started is original file and the transcode folder are both on the drive First it wasn t letting me My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages. right-click delete rename the option for those wasn t on the right click list but everything else was I restarted and still the same I did the Check Disk in the HD menu I ticked the recover bad sector box and it wasn t moving didn t feel like waiting so I stopped it My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages. and afterwards anything I tried to do gave me quot access is denied quot I forgot that I had formatted it into ExFAT so my TV would recognize it and I had movies files were gig in size which might cause problems It says under the security tab it is quot unable to display current owner quot I would really rather not format it s not even letting me select it for lack of privileges but if that s all I can do then so be it It s saying it has no used space or available space its half full nbsp

A:My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages.

I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it seemed to work, it said there was something wrong with it still and promted me to do another check disk scan which said there were no problems (I didnt select the "bad sector" option) (durr!) but I remember it doing something similar before, should I format it back to NTFS, Is that what is causing the problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wd-external-hd-randomly-started-giving-me-access-is-denied-messages.191994/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi, my sister accidentally pressed something in the router- (she things it was the repeater setting) now, I can no longer access the router. I still have internet access but I can't seem to access the router.

I tried searching via the cmd line. ipconfig /all and I got this:

Host name.... : xxxxx
Primary Dns Suffix...... (blank)
Node Type..... Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled.... NO
WINS Proxy Enabled... NO

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
(disconnected)

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS suffix.... : (blank)
Description......... Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

the confusing part was the Default gateway shows : 49.144.0.1 but the default router was supposed to be 192.168.1.1... it's beyond my google-fu powers.

A:Can access internet but can't access router

Your (all) routers always have two addresses; the public address (like 49.144...) give it by the ISP and the private LAN address (like 192.168.1.1 which is very typical).

To access and configure your router, place the LAN address of the router into your browser as a url and hit enter.
You should get a prompt for the router user-id/password.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-access-internet-but-cant-access-router.191927/
Relevancy 17.2%

Our internet goes from:

Comcast modem to a
Dlink DIR-655
To computers or through a switchbox to other parts of the house
In the basement, is another switch box, and off that switchbox is,
Belkin 85c Wireless router, that we use as an access point
Works well but it says it has the ability to have a guest login, that will allow visitors to get to the internet, but are blocked from our LAN.

I've spent hours trying to set the guest login up, the access point can be seen by a computer/etc, but when they connect, they cannot get to the internet.

the windows 7 computers try to set up an unidentified public network.

I'm sure there is something very simple I am missing, but I've got close to 20 hours invested in it, and need to protect my network.

the Windows 7 notebook said that it could not connect with a "homegroup".

A:Belkin 85c wireless router, used as an access point. Guest setup?

Hmm; I cant find "Belkin 85c Wireless router" on the Belkin Support site - -
Are you sure of that make/model number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-85c-wireless-router-used-as-an-access-point-guest-setup.190913/
Relevancy 24.08%

Lately I have been having some New issues modem ports with / problems with people connecting to some listen servers that I try to host I tried an open port check tool and these ports are coming back as closed although I have opened them in my router and all settings are correct I then got to thinking that not too long ago New modem / issues with ports my ISP replaced my old modem basic single WAN port modem with a large Arris TG modem which has a WAN port along with LAN ports I found out this thing had an IP address for it so I logged into it couldn t do this with my old modem and discovered this modem has all the settings that my Linksys WRT GL router has DHCP Wireless New modem / issues with ports capabilities WAN LAN setup Firewall etc My question is could this new modem be the cause of my problems I noticed that it New modem / issues with ports has DHCP enabled along with the firewall which are both also enabled on my Linksys router Any insight on this would be great as I ve been trying to figure this out the past couple days and have come up dry Edit After finding an online manual for this Arris residential gateway it turns out that port forwarding is referred to as quot Virtual server quot for this device I tried to forward the port I m having issues with but when I go to apply the settings it says invalid IP address even though I am typing in the correct local IP address Edit While tinkering around with this thing it dawned on me that I should be setting the Arris gateway to bridge mode but after setting it to bridge mode and restarting the gateway like it suggests I do my internet connection goes out RT GLWRT GL WRT GL nbsp

A:New modem / issues with ports

Set your Arris TG862 modem/router to previous mode (routing), keep DHCP server enabled. Disable DHCP server and firewall on your router WRT54GL. Connect the modem(Arris TG862) and router(WRT54GL) with their LAN ports.

In the DHCP settings of your modem/router you should see what LAN IP address range it is using, forward ports accordingly(Virtual server).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-modem-issues-with-ports.189842/
Relevancy 18.06%

My problem is I cant open the drive. But in My Computer window, it did display the drive but I cant do anything. Windows prompt me to format the disk which I already did but I got this popup "cannot open volume for direct access".

These are the solutions that I tried but failed:-

Use TestDisk but it doesnt even detect the drive.
Disk Management also didnt detect the drive.
Already used Command Prompt to repair the disk. It display this "Cannot open volume for direct access" which I run it as admin.

Here I provide a screenshot for reference.

A:Cannot open volume for direct access

Hmm; that's the primary partition with Windows on it - - can never format or partition the C:\ while booted from it

WHY are you attempting this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-open-volume-for-direct-access.189735/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi there I am new to this forum though I have went through a couple of threads regarding VPN but I can t seem to find my answer through printing VPN Local I work in an IT department and have to users which are not on the business domain To make use of a program hosted on our server they connect via VPN to out network and then join a remote desktop Both of them make use of a network printer Now one of them has a PC with Win and the other one with XP When they connect to the VPN though only the user on the Win PC is allowed to print the other user Local printing through VPN s job only goes into the print queue and he has to disconnect from the VPN and then it prints Both user Local printing through VPN s VPN permissions are the same as I asked the network admin and the printer settings should be the same on both PCs as I checked them Help would be greatly appreciated as I have been working on this for a very long time with no avail Thanks nbsp

A:Local printing through VPN

the other user's job only goes into the print queue and he has to disconnect from the VPN and then it prints.Click to expand...

Wow, is that strange or what (but that's why your here too I guess). The fact that it is queued says the data path from the user->system->print queue is just fine - - and that says permissions are ok. I suspect that the users program is not closing the output file. Have the user try a simple test using NOTEPAD printing to the remote printer.

Next I would look for software updates to the XP VPN software and then to XP print driver for that device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-printing-through-vpn.189640/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have 2 computers both running windows xp sp3. Both computers have all of the same services running and startup. Both computers are on the same network and CAN access the public documents folder from the server. However, only 1 computer can access the external network drive. The other gets an error of no permission to access it. Why can 1 access the external network drive and not the other? They both have the same configuration except being the same brand of computer. The network has 2 other clients running windows 7 which work fine. The server is running windows 7. None of the computers are running a firewall or other security. Any ideas?

A:Can't access eternal network drive

Are they logged in using the same user?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-eternal-network-drive.189275/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, I just got rid of Win7 32 bit and installed 64 bit, but I screwed up the partition when I was doing the clean install. Right now I have:
Disk 0 74.5GB Online
System Reserved is at 100MB
(C 14.9 GB
Unallocated 59.5 GB

Is there a way that I can remove the partitions all together? I am in the Disk Management in Admin Tools, but unsure of what to do at this point. Any help is greatly appreciated......

A:Just installed Win7 64-bit and screwed up the partitions...

Nevermind..... Figured it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-installed-win7-64-bit-and-screwed-up-the-partitions.188931/
Relevancy 24.08%

Lately my modem has been acting weird. From time to time every device in the house can't connect to it and whenever I try to connect manually from my laptop it says that 'windows was unabe to connect'. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the signal since even if I'm standing next to it I can't connect. I have tried resetting it twice, the first time I was able to connect afterwards and everything was ok for about two weeks or so, but today it happened again and after resetting I was still not able to connect. Can anyone help me?

A:Can't connect to modem wirelessly

Make/Model of your WiFi router? Have you ever updated the firmware for it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-modem-wirelessly.188554/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello, I think I'm experiencing a NAT networking problem, as most games I play complain that my NAT is moderate, or sometimes strict. I've researched this and found out it may be a Double NAT problem.

I've also researched two solutions for this: Disable NAT and DCHP on either the modem or router, or set up a PPPoE connection between the two. Can someone tell me which one is the easiest to do and how to do it?

Router: Linksys E3200 w/ Cisco

Modem: Motorola SB5102

Other Info: This IS a broadband connection, and I believe it is a DSL or Cable setup. I also know how to access the router settings, and how to disable NAT and DCHP. However, I do not know how to connect to the modem (I do know the default IP for it) and don't know how to perform a PPPoE connection, as this would be my first time.

A:Setting up a PPPoE connection between router & modem

PPPoE is for DSL connections... Go to the router and modem websites and download the instructions from there. It will explain how to connect and access the router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-pppoe-connection-between-router-modem.188378/
Relevancy 24.51%

Just purchased a new modem to replace TWCs 'rental'. I plugged it in, restarted my computer and screwed everything up lol.

I tried calling TWC but was on hold forever. Not sure they do the 24/7 thing anymore...

I plugged my old modem back in, did a restart, I'm back online, but my homepage and FaceBook 'favorite link' are messed up. (Chrome)
It says http://www.facebook.com/ap_index and seems like it's refreshing again and again. Same with my homepage. http://www.49erswebzone.com/ap_index I hit 'stop', take out the ap_index and try again, same thing.

What do I need to do to get the new router working and get my pages back to normal?

Also wondering what kinda speed increase I'll see (ubee 2.0 vs Motorola surfboard 3.0) when I get up and running?

Thanks!

A:Installing a new modem

FB is back to normal...homepage (webzone) still messed up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-a-new-modem.188305/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi I had some issues with a HDD around this time last year so I replaced it with a new western digital HDD I wasn t able to back anything up so I cloned it instead turns out I installed the incorrect driver for my video card and suffered from the BSOD syndrome well I finally got that sorted out I think and now I am trying relentlessly to get catalyst pro control center to work properly Ive read numerous places online that involves editing Catalyst work doesn't Center after I driver wrong installed the Control the Assembly folder but I have no such keys in there when I try and run CCC it tells me that I am unable to run as I wouldn t be able to change any settings within the app basically Ive tried uninstalling installing trying ATI opposed to AMD- to Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver no anvil I know for a fact that I had CCC on this pc but it almost seems impossible to get up and running I am very desperate to get this up and running thanx in advance nbsp

A:Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver

Hhhmmmm... let's take a look

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/catalyst-control-center-doesnt-work-after-i-installed-the-wrong-driver.187782/
Relevancy 24.94%

Last week changed from Time Warner Road Runner to Verizon DSL Verizon informed us we were quot good to go quot connected the Modem ethernet and phone jack filter modem lit up for power dsl and ethernet but not internet The house telephone also didnt work Requested a service man come he came Saturday spent all of ten or modem? Bad IP bad minutes and everything was working great Two hours later we kept getting kicked off the internet and when we try to reconnect we get a message saying can be found We called Verizon they said try unplugging and re plugging the power source to the modem This fixed it for fifteen minutes It has gone on like this for the better part of the week Called Verizon again last night and they say everything is good on there end our internet light on the modem does stay lit with occassional quot pulses quot I tried to release renew IP config after Windows suggested it got a message saying our IP address was invalid PLEASE OFFER Suggestions in very basic language as I have no technical ability and Verizon says if they send someone out again it will cost us nbsp

A:Bad IP or bad modem?

First, every device connected to any phone wall outlet *MUST* have a filter (except the modem itself).
Verizon should have installed them but perhaps overlooked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-ip-or-bad-modem.187893/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey guys I need some help on how to Port Forward a Router and a Modem

Im using a TP Link WR340GD Router

This is the IP on my computer

and this is for the Modem which I havent filled up yet

my isp is a bit of an *** not making me port forward..so I hacked their modem (3rd Pic)
now im kinda lost and dont know what to forward on the modem

my router doesnt have any NAT settings but the tunngle seems to have the problem with it so I opened the modem and theres teh NAT settings now please I need help on how to port forward my modem

A:Port forwarding a modem and a router

First, let's understand the setup

Code:
isp===modem----router----(1/more pc's)
Port forwarding is done in the ROUTER where the NAT support allows multiple PCs to have Internet access.
Typically, our modems only have ONE Ethernet output which is why we need the router in the first place.
Now if you have a Modem with multiple RJ45 slots, then it has NAT also, and your port forwarding gets complicated.

In addition, the machine at 192.168.1.50 needs a tweak to ALLOW IN TCP/UDP PORT 59014 FROM ANY.

The User's Guide for that router is here
So, please specify the make/model of the modem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/port-forwarding-a-modem-and-a-router.187643/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi So my modem keeps disconnecting some times it lasts for some hours and then starts disconnecting every minute or so Sometimes I just turn the computer on and it already starts his routine of disconnections this has been happening for about moths what I have already done got a new modem dlink b gt dlink b full virus spyware scan disabling antivirus firewall update network adapted driver configured a static ip address enabled DMZ host called the ISP they said that everything was fine on their part and I should check the cable called the cable guys said that everything was fine so I should check with the ISP ended the vicious circle ask help on forums in progress future plans set everything keeps disconnecting Modem on fire -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Statistics -- xDSL Mode ADSL Traffic Type ATM Status Up Link Modem keeps disconnecting Power State L DownstreamUpstream Line Coding Trellis OnOn SNR Margin dB Attenuation dB Output Modem keeps disconnecting Power Modem keeps disconnecting dBm Attainable Rate Kbps Path Path DownstreamUpstreamDownstreamUpstream Rate Kbps MSGc of bytes in overhead channel message B of bytes in Mux Data Frame M of Mux Data Frames in FEC Data Frame T Mux Data Frames over sync bytes R of check bytes in FEC Data Frame S ratio of FEC over PMD Data Frame length L of bits in PMD Data Frame D interleaver depth Delay msec INP DMT symbol Super Frames Super Frame Errors RS Words RS Correctable Errors RS Uncorrectable Errors HEC Errors OCD Errors LCD Errors Total Cells Data Cells Bit Errors Total ES Total SES Total UAS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Log Date TimeFacilitySeverityMessage Jan userwarnkernel NBUFF v Initialized Jan userwarnkernel Broadcom Packet Flow Cache learning via BLOG enabled Jan userwarnkernel Created Proc FS procfs fcache Jan userwarnkernel Broadcom Packet Flow Cache registered with netdev chain Jan userwarnkernel Constructed Broadcom Packet Flow Cache v Mar Jan userwarnkernel bcmxtmcfg bcmxtmcfg init entry Jan userwarnkernel adsl adsl init entry Jan userwarnkernel Broadcom BCM B Ethernet Network Device v Mar Jan userwarnkernel dgasp kerSysRegisterDyingGaspHandler bcmsw registered Jan userwarnkernel map xf eth MAC Address B E VPORT ID PHY ID Jan userwarnkernel map x eth MAC Address B E VPORT ID PHY ID Jan userwarnkernel map x eth MAC Address B E VPORT ID PHY ID Jan userwarnkernel map x eth MAC Address B E VPORT ID PHY ID Jan userwarnkernel PCI Enabling device - gt Jan userwarnkernel wl srom not detected using main memory mapped srom info wombo board Jan userwarnkernel wl loading etc wlan bcm map bin Jan userwarnkernel wl Broadcom BCM Wireless Controller cpe Jan userwarnkernel dgasp kerSysRegisterDyingGaspHandler wl registered Jan userwarnkernel BcmAdsl Initialize xC D g pFnNotifyCallback xC FF Jan userwarnkernel pSdramPHY xA FFFFF x D xDEADBEEF Jan userwarnkernel PhySdramSize got adjusted x AB gt x Jan userwarnkernel AdslCoreSharedMemInit shareMemAvailable Jan userwarnkernel AdslCoreHwReset pLocSbSta e bkupThreshold Jan userwarnkernel AdslCoreHwReset AdslOemDataAddr xA F A Jan userwarnkernel dgasp kerSysRegisterDyingGaspHandler dsl registered Jan usercritkernel Line xDSL G training Jan usercritkernel eth Link UP mbps full duplex Jan usercritkernel Line ADSL G started Jan usercritkernel Line ADSL G channel analysis Jan usercritkernel Line ADSL G message exchange Jan usercritkernel Line ADSL link up Bearer us ds Jan userwarnkernel bcmxtmcfg XTM Link Information portid State UP Service Support ATM Jan userwarnkernel bcmxtmrt MAC address b e Jan userwarnkernel DoCreateDeviceReq register netdev Jan userwarnkernel DoCreateDeviceReq register netdev done Jan userwarnkernel bcmxtmcfg Connection UP LinkActiveStatus x US DS Jan daemoncritsyslog PPP server detected Jan daemoncritsyslog PPP session established Jan daemoncritsyslog PPP LCP UP Jan da... Read more

A:Modem keeps disconnecting

What is this computer, a laptop or desktop? Make and model? What version of Windows is installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-keeps-disconnecting.186422/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone I have recently bought a laptop samsung R Specs AMD Phenom II x N gb ram DDR gb 6GB RAM N970, Samsung R525 installed, laptop 1.5GB of usable HDD gb dedicated Radeon M Radeon onboard win x You can also look here So all is prefect in this rig except phys memory in system properties it says gb installed and usable There are two slots one has in it gb of ram another- gb It looks like only gb s stick is used because is usable other mb are shared with onboard gpu Where are the other gb is Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable a mystery Resource monitor shows gb reserved by hardware but BIOS sees all installed Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable as well as memtest I actually tried everything reinstall ram didnt Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable swap though looked at system config where it was unchecked in memory section pagefile is okay system is x BIOS doesnt have mem remap feature but it s a modern BIOS so I guess it s enabled per default So I m kinda lost and I want customer support contacted as a last resort What should I do update BIOS or try to change those sticks but then they ll be turned by side will it work I searched hell a lot on that ram topic but nothing was helpful Thank you and looking forward for your advices nbsp

A:Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable

Type msinfo32 in Run Command, what does it show?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-laptop-r525-n970-6gb-of-ram-installed-1-5gb-usable.169350/
Relevancy 26.23%

My iOmega TB External hard drive stopped working after it was accidentally unplugged I googled the problem amp found the exact thread here for my problem When plugged in instead of being identified by it s name as before it s listed as Local disc F First I tried disabling write caching to no avail so I followed HDD disk shows as it local & F cannot be accessed External the instructions I found here to External HDD shows as local disk F & it cannot be accessed the same problem started by fish in Aug Mark replied several times giving good instructions which I have followed but my problem isn t solved I downloaded Sea Tools for Windows amp ran both Short amp Long tests which both failed The hard drive when dismantled is a Seagate Barracuda TB amp my PC is Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pk The HDD has much loved photo s of my kids amp tons of video amp music too is there any way to retrieve it now or is it a hopeless case Any help would be very much appreciated I think maybe if possible to get any data now I would have to take it to proffessionals but don t want to get ripped off if the drive is totally broken Thanx so much if u can help all nbsp

A:External HDD shows as local disk F & it cannot be accessed

You could try going into disk management and deleting F: drive, while the External HDD is unplugged, then try reconnecting - OS might have just assigned the drive incorrectly?
Also strongly recommend updating to SP2 if possible (probably not connected to this issue though).
Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-shows-as-local-disk-f-it-cannot-be-accessed.186348/
Relevancy 23.65%

Ok I am helping a friend over the phone and am having trouble identifying why they cannot acquire DNS or even ping the gateway The first laptop connects without fail to laptop to Arris wireless modem connect secondary Cannot the wireless signal where the second laptop is able to see the signal and acquires and ip address of with a gateway of but we are unable to ping the gateway I turned off all security features in the modem and laptops that I could think of it is Cannot connect secondary laptop to Arris wireless modem as simple as an access point right now Is there something I may be missing that needs to be disabled or enabled I have verified that there are no static IP s set and that all is set to obtain automatically when I do an ipconfig release then renew it reads that it cannot be renewed while it has its media disconnected leading me to believe that the wireless was turned off which it is not It is associated to the SSID but with limited connectivity how does it pull an IP and not able to ping the gateway Security is the only thing I can think of any ideas sorry for Cannot connect secondary laptop to Arris wireless modem the limited information as I am not sitting in from of the computers it is ghz channels - auto encryption - open thanks for the help nbsp

A:Cannot connect secondary laptop to Arris wireless modem

What version of windows? Vista and 7 firewall default to deny ping.

ipconfig /release then renew, it reads that it cannot be renewed while it has its media disconnected leading me to believe that the wireless was turned off which it is not.Click to expand...

typical issue.
Get the connection and then

get a command prompt
enter ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt
now look for Node Type . . . ?? should be Hybrid

if not, save the attachment, remove the .TXT suffix and save as .REG
dbl-clicking will fix the registry to make Node Type . . . Hybrid

Disconnect from the router after applying the change - - wait 30 sec - - reconnect.

cannot acquire DNS or even ping the gatewayClick to expand...

the DNS is a real problem and the above should resolve that.

* You alread know how to see the tcp config. Here's how to TEST the DNS:

get the command prompt
ping 8.8.8.8 (good timings says you have a PATH in the Internet)
nslookup 8.8.8.8 (if you get back the name, then dns by address is ok)
nslookup google-public-dns-a.google.com (should show you the address 8.8.8.8)
at this point you should be fine.

* your real issue is Internet access, not ping, not /release and not /renew. Yeah they can be useful
but never impact email or browsing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-secondary-laptop-to-arris-wireless-modem.186214/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi,
I have wireless connection in my room and its working good.but I tried to connect through wire but am unable to do.when I connect lan cable to my lap from D-Link router it shows "UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK - NO NETWORK ACCESS"....Any one can help me to solve this issue

A:No network access

Turn your wireless adapter off on the laptop. Try rebooting the modem and router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-network-access.185980/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have home network with two PCs, one running win 7 and the other running win xp, we share files and so forth normal network stuff and also the same modem, but recently the Pc running win 7 wont connect to the internet while there is internet access on the win xp,normally I would just disable the LAN adapter and it would work nut after we shut down it comes back with the same problem and upon disabling it doesn't work anymore.

A:Network connected but no Internet access

What type of network adapter do you have in the Windows 7 PC?

(Brand, etc.)

~Alex

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connected-but-no-internet-access.185729/
Relevancy 17.2%

I know enough about computers to follow advanced instructions but ive never dealt with WHATEVER my friend did to my computer and I dont really care but I need to reformat it and save read backup the hard drive heres exactly whats up simplified and I need a explanation of how to -Computer can turn on but it wont do anything - you cannot hold F or delete or anything because not even the first text appears - I cannot get a disk USB or anything else to boot from because it cannot get that far in loading what a basic computer is to even do that - it hard method access a externally drive to Explain computers can not respond to any kind of keyboard or mouse input and stays completly black altho a diffrent shade of black from either a off moniter or a Explain method to externally access a computers hard drive powered moniter with a off computer so I know the moniter is getting SOMETHING just nothing that does anything -it is not a faulty video cord it works fine on other computers I own and trying other monitors cords doesn t Explain method to externally access a computers hard drive work either -I have plenty enough space to do it the wrong way and install another OS while one is already installed and boot from that to backup the hard drive but the computer clearly cant even show anything let alone receive disk information or mouse or keyboard input to hit next anyway so that option is null -It is not overheated or underheated nor is it fan ishues or anything else stupid its clearly however more then a virus not to say a virus is also not present but unless some uber tier virus hit the net recently a virus is not the cause nor does it matter -I want to either preferably without taking it apart access the harddrive from another computer I have pretty much any cord it would require or to put it diffrently I have never needed a cord I did not own in the last year -I asume sence it stays powered on altho it doesn t do anything past that that the harddrive and disk drive the computer has are readable it just cant do anything about because it cant load anything to do anything so I asume theres some method to plug the computer itself into another computer and access the hard drive as a external or something to access it from another computer short of taking apart my computer with a screwdriver how do I access the hard drive externally and no I do not want someone to reply take it to a future shop or something thanks in advance I have never had a computer that couldn t emit video or rather cant even get to the process to emit video and honestly have no idea how to fix it il just reformat nbsp

A:Explain method to externally access a computers hard drive

Lets slow down and backup for a bit. You don't even need a hard drive in the system for it to post a screen. Unless you are simply trying to recover data, taking the drive out and connecting it to another computer is not going to gain you anything.

Disconnect the power cord from the power supply.
Take out all cards within the PC. If you don't have on-board graphics keep the graphics card in the PC.
Disconnect all drives, DVD's and HDD's.
Take out your memory modules so you can test them one at a time.
Pull out the coin size motherboard battery and put it back a few minute later.
Insert a memory module (try a different module later if you have more than one).
Make sure the monitor is connected
Connect the power cord to the power supply
Try and boot the system and then let us know what you see happening.

Are there any lights blinking or illuminated?
Are the fans spinning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/explain-method-to-externally-access-a-computers-hard-drive.184910/
Relevancy 22.79%

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I have rebooted my PC and installed the driver using Driver max. I tried reinstalling but that did not help. Any ideas on what is wrong?

The driver installed is 3DP edition Sigma v9.12 (SigmaTel C-Major Audio)

Chipset is a Intel G31 (Bearlake) + ICH7

I have no clue what the motherboard is though.

Even with this information any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You

A:Sound card driver installed - but still gives Code 10

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
In your next post, click Upload a file to attach it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-driver-installed-but-still-gives-code-10.181181/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello:
Please offer me any feed back on the good or bad aspects of these SpeedStream 4100 modem stats.

My modem seems to be working well but I am getting way less than the 1.5 Meg line speed that DSL Extreme ISP promised me. Before I rush off to buy another modem I want to know if my current modem is OK, if it's a phone line problem or a cheating ISP.

My computer details:
Drive: C Dell dimension 3000 39 GB NFTS
Win xp, sp3, home ed.
Model # ST340014A
Motherboard: 0K8980
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.80 GHz
Memory: DDR Dual 512 MB
miscel. browsers

Thanks in advance for any responses to my modem's stats and/or any questions about my system or equipment,
jim

A:Speedstream 4100 modem stats

FYI
I got a new D-LINK modem from Fry's and it gives me LOWER line speeds than my old Siemens - so go figure.......

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speedstream-4100-modem-stats.184471/