Windows Support Forum

Update KB2536275 keeps failing

Q: Update KB2536275 keeps failing

Hello,
I've been redirected here from the malware department (http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/1042550-virus-congratulations-youve-won.html), I had a virus but my computer is now all clean. However, there's an update for windows (KB2536275) that keeps failing when I try to install it. The error code is 80070020.
I hope you can help me out!
Marieke

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2973 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1295 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 295212 MB, Free - 151494 MB; D: Total - 10027 MB, Free - 1753 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 3069
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Update KB2536275 keeps failing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 52.03%

Everytime I keep using Windows Update/Microsoft Update, Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB932330) always fails. I restarted my computer and tried to update my computer, but that didn't work and I can't find anything in Microsoft's Website that talks about this problem... PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks to anyone who replys

A:Windows Update "update For Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (kb932330)" Keep Failing

I am having the same problem...what is the way to fix it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88439/windows-update-update-for-outlook-2003-junk-email-filter-kb932330-keep-failing/
Relevancy 52.03%

Logs attached. Attempting to update Windows results in attempt to update Windows Update Installer, which fails with Code 80073712. Logs attached.

sfc /scannow reported no problems found.

Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium x64

Thanks in advance!

- Tim

A:Windows Update Installer Update failing - Code 80073712

CheckSUR shows the following...

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..lient-aux.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_en-us_d5981a6600d138cc.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..owsupdateclient-aux_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_none_bc07877c65502903.manifest

I'll post a fix protocol soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347061-windows-update-installer-update-failing-code-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
I've been trying and failing to update Anniversary Update on Surface Pro 3.
Downloads, prepares, reboots and then, at about 14% of first step, it shows the thermometer gauge and shuts down.
When I power it on, it reverts to previous version of windows
I've tried it plugged in, plugged out, waiting a few minutes shutdown before starting in updating mode...
I don't know what to do

A:Failing to update Anniversary Update on Surface PRO 3 - overheating?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Hello,
I've been trying and failing to update Anniversary Update on Surface Pro 3.
Downloads, prepares, reboots and then, at about 14% of first step, it shows the thermometer gauge and shuts down.
When I power it on, it reverts to previous version of windows
I've tried it plugged in, plugged out, waiting a few minutes shutdown before starting in updating mode...
I don't know what to do the thermometer gauge represents your surface pro is getting overheated and in order to prevent heat damage to the core hardware the device/bios shuts down your device. so first we need to fix the overheating issue and then can you continue with the update.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439932-failing-update-anniversary-update-surface-pro-3-overheating.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Every time I try to update W 8 I get the error message saying the updates failed and the purple screen that says it is "reverting update". I thought it might be multiple updtaes at once cusing the problem so I tried individual updates at a time. Also disabled AV. Ran update repair. Nothing works.
This after I tried the W8 to 8.1 upgrade and it failed. So I thought I would need to make sure updates were complete. Thus the issue with updates. Ultimately I will try and install the 8.1 os after all this. Any suggestions.
Thanks folks!

A:Cannot update Windows 8. Keeps failing and "reverting update"

https://www.winhelp.us/reinstall-windows-update.html

Be sure you have a RESTORE POINT SET.

Then read.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552140/cannot-update-windows-8-keeps-failing-and-reverting-update/
Relevancy 48.59%

Windows Update tries to install the same updates repeatedly and always fails. I've tried to run Microsoft Fix it but it didn't help.

A:Windows Update keeps failing to update

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/340421-windows-update-keeps-failing-update.html
Relevancy 48.16%
Relevancy 48.16%

PC is W Ultimate bit SP Kept fully up to date Last update I can see is security update Dec KB nothing shows after that date Last days on PC shutdown get the 'installing updates - message quot then it shuts down OK On next start up goes though several screen including one which says applying too fast to read rest and then starting Jan update failing W7 window again this time get the start up music then eventually get the Preparing to configure windows - do not turn off your computer Left for more than mins goes no further If I switch off and it asks which option on restart I choose safe mode nw it starts gives a quick message something along lines on updates failed to apply reboots into normal mode and works OK Until shutdown where it goes back into installing updates - again As it has happened last times assuming I am in a loop Is there a fix Jan W7 update failing or current known issue

A:Jan W7 update failing

Hello there,

Please click the start menu, type Event Viewer and hit enter. Click the drop down icon to the left of custom views, right-click administrative events and select save all events in custom view as. Choose a file name for it and save it in your desired location.

Please upload the files to a sharing site, such as OneDrive then provide me with the link.

Thanks,
Legade

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/358700-jan-w7-update-failing.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I setup an anniversary ISO on my USB drive and tried to do an Failing? from Update ISO update I chose to keep all my current settings and programs It gets to the point of the first restart then crashes I gets to says its going to restart soon then a window comes up saying Installation Failed Here is the setuperr log Code - - Error SetupHost exe IOCTL STORAGE QUERY PROPERTY failed x - - Error CONX Failed hashing for syswow drivers aichargerplus sys x - - Error CONX Failed hashing for syswow drivers aichargerplus sys x - - Error CONX Failed hashing for syswow drivers asio sys x - Update from ISO Failing? - Error CONX Failed hashing for syswow drivers asio sys x - - Error CONX Failed hashing for syswow drivers asmtufdriver sys x - - Error CONX Failed hashing for syswow drivers asmtufdriver sys x - - Error CONX Failed hashing for syswow drivers asupio sys x - - Error CONX Failed hashing for syswow drivers asupio sys x - - Error CONX Failed hashing for syswow drivers asusfilter sys x - - Error CONX Failed hashing for syswow drivers asusfilter sys x - - Error SetupHost exe IOCTL STORAGE QUERY PROPERTY failed x - - Error SetupHost exe IOCTL STORAGE QUERY PROPERTY failed x - - Error SetupHost exe IOCTL STORAGE QUERY PROPERTY failed x - - Error SetupHost exe IOCTL STORAGE QUERY PROPERTY failed x - - Error SetupHost exe IOCTL STORAGE QUERY PROPERTY failed x - - Error SetupHost exe IOCTL STORAGE QUERY PROPERTY failed x - - Error SetupHost exe IOCTL STORAGE QUERY PROPERTY failed x - - Error SetupHost exe IOCTL STORAGE QUERY PROPERTY failed x - - Error SetupHost exe IOCTL STORAGE QUERY PROPERTY failed x - - Error SetupHost exe IOCTL STORAGE QUERY PROPERTY failed x - - Error SP pSPRemoveUpgradeRegTree failed to delete reg tree HKLM SYSTEM Setup Upgrade gle x - - Error x MIG CSIAgent Invalid xml format FormatException quot id quot attribute is mandatory void cdecl Mig CMXEMigrationXml LoadSupportedComponent class UnBCL XmlNode int class Mig CMXEMigrationXml class Mig CMXEXmlComponent - - Error x MIG CSIAgent Invalid xml format FormatException Component with display name Plugin C EC F- F - CE -AF - A FA already loaded cdecl Mig CMXEMigrationXml CMXEMigrationXml class Mig CPlatform class UnBCL String class UnBCL XmlDocument class UnBCL String class UnBCL String - - Error x fe MIG Plugin D C- A- b -AD -DCE D CD C shmig Failed to get preferred homegroup with hr x - - Error CSetupAutomation Resurrect File not found C WINDOWS BT Sources Panther automation dat gle x - - Error SP CSetupPlatform ResurrectAutomation Failed to resurrect automation x gle x - - Error IBSLIB OSRollbackService CBootFilesRestoreCheckpoint Finalize Failed to backup BCD database from quot L EFI Microsoft Boot BCD quot to quot C WINDOWS BT Sources Rollback EFI Microsoft Boot BCD quot gle x - - Error x IBSLIB SetCheckpoint WinPEBootFilesRestoreCheckpoint threw exception class RollbackException RollbackException Error CSystemVolumeSelectionCheckpoint Failed to backup BCD database void cdecl OSRollbackService CBootFilesRestoreCheckpoint Finalize const unsigned short struct OSRollbackService ICheckpointParameters gle x - - Error x a IBSLIB RollbackSetCheckpoint WinPEBootFilesRestoreCheckpoint threw exception class RollbackException RollbackException Error CSystemVolumeSelectionCheckpoint Failed to backup BCD database void cdecl OSRollbackService CCheckpointImpressario SetCheckpoint const unsigned short struct OSRollbackService ICheckpointParameters void cdecl OSRollbackService CBootFilesRestoreCheckpoint Finalize const unsigned short struct OSRollbackService ICheckpointParameters gle x - - Error x e IBSLIB RollbackSetCheckpoint WinPEBootFilesRestoreCheckpoint failed Disabling Rollback gle x - - Error SP Error setting OS Switch Rollback checkpoint gle x - - Error SP Operation failed Update Boot Code Error x gle x b - - Error MOUPG MoSetupPlatform Finalize reported failure gle x b - - Error MOUPG MoSetupPlatform Using action error code x gle x b - - Error MOUPG CDlpActionFinalize Ex... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/59287-update-iso-failing.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Running W7 Pro 32 bit, displays update available but wont download and install?

Check for updates keeps running with none results?

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/395126-failing-update.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on Windows XP Windows Server Windows Vista Windows Windows Server Windows Server R for x -based Systems KB Installation date amp amp amp AM Installation status Failed Error details Code A Update type Important A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system that is running the Microsoft NET Framework and gain complete control over it You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft After you install this item you may have to restart your computer More information http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Help and Support http support microsoft com My machine is a HP p w running Win bit This evidently has failed for the last or days I Update failing??? get a little exclaimation mark on my log off button occasionally and it wants me to turn off the computer for an update it has been happening for the last several days and today I got curious and looked at update history and there are actually of Update failing??? these failures All are the same update number Update failing??? Any suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/update-failing.969066/
Relevancy 47.3%

nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by niemiro OK so half an hour when to pot and turned into hours Anyway the failing Update Windows overall reason is that Windows Update failing a single file name can have multiple contents and not all computers have every file Well the correct way is to extract a replacement file from the actual install which makes sense Right there are two tutorials for System Update Readiness Tool logfiles both of which are long and both of which only brush the surface If you are truly dedicated read this System Update Readiness Tool - CheckSur log File Analyzis It is not an easy read The author's first language is not English and it can be hard to follow at times However it also teaches the basic fundamental techniques These are not longer used Nowadays we have automated tools written by me to automate almost all scenarios and tutorials for their use usually reserved for apprentices in this field of study If you are interested send me a Private Message and tell me which bits you are interested in You are more than welcome to and I am the author so I have the keys and rights Right let's do things the semi-manual way Look again at your log Take an example line quot Package for KB bf ad e amd cat quot Find which Knowledge Base KB article it belongs to in this case KB Check that there are no other KBs in the log For you there are not If there are repeat the below for each one Visit support microsoft com kb number in this case support microsoft com kb TIP In actual fact it is faster to Google KB Select the download link for IT Professionals none of the others will bring you to the correct page Find the correct download link Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer in Windows x Edition KB Understand now why I asked if you had IE or IE Download it The above tutorial will show you how to extract it However that is really slow If you want to be an efficient pro follow this tutorial instead Windows Update - Extract an Update Now use your extracted files to produce your fix It will take ages But look I have a tool to automate the whole thing Attachment Attachment Now that does save me a lot of time It will analyse the log file extract the update create the fix and zip it up for me I really no longer do any work at all If you want a copy please drop me a PM And that goes for anybody reading this Very soon there will be a version of that tool which inexperienced users can use It features a nice wizard analyses the log file downloads the required files from Microsoft servers creates the fix and fixes the machine all in a simple to use Next- gt Next- gt Finish format Now that is cool About month away Perfectly in time for any trends in Windows update failures I shall be hot off the mark for Windows There are so many more programs of mine tricks and so much more to learn If you are interested ask or PM me Anyway onto the fix which you hopefully understand a little better now WARNING This fix was created specifically for this user If you are not this user do not follow these instructions Crowface Ignore the above Download the attached zip file Inside it will be two folders Packages and Manifests Create these folders if they do not already exist C Windows Temp CheckSur Servicing Packages and C Windows Temp CheckSur winsxs Manifests Extract Packs zip onto your Desktop Please place the contents of my Desktop Packages in C Windows Temp CheckSur Servicing Packages and my Desktop Manifests in C Windows Temp CheckSur winsxs Manifests DO NOT place the zip file in that folder or the folders themselves Make sure that a lot of files are in each of those Checksur folder NOTE For you there are no manifests Just move on Re-run the System Update Readiness Tool and get me another copy of C Windows Logs CBS CheckSUR log Also please retest Windows Updates with fingers slightly crossed no matter how much we both know that that won't help lol Thanks a lot Richard AHHHH finally someone or ... Read more

A:Windows Update failing

Quote: Originally Posted by cliddell93

AHHHH finally, someone or something that can help, niemiro, or Richard, i am having the same issue with my pc and am wondering if you could create a .zip fix for me to. I'm only new to the forum and don't even know how to send a pm, so maybe you pm me first or send me your email address. I'll paste my checksur log here for you anyway. Thank you in advance for your help, Cris
ps, the user friendly version of your program, when will that be publicly available? Or even the current version, if it ever will be made available?
=================================
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7601.21645
Package Version 13.0
2011-10-04 20:22

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_1_for_KB2562937~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.mum Line 1: ??f}?U$?~?\?l~=?*?rtIqič?kOr??,???0? *?H??
 1?
0?
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2562937_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.mum Line 1: 0?"C *?H??
*?"40?"01 0 +
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x800F0900 servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2562937~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.mum Line 1: 510

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:
Seconds executed: 320
Found 3 errors
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 3

servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2562937~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2562937_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2562937~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2562937~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2562937_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2562937~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.0.cat

Hello Cris, and welcome to the Seven Forums!

lol, my post came copied, spelling mistake and all!

Don't worry about PMs or emails, I think you will find that posting like this works perfectly well

"ps, the user friendly version of your program, when will that be publicly available? Or even the current version, if it ever will be made available?"

Not in time for you unfortunately! The current one - about two weeks. The user friendly one - one to two months.

However, in the mean time, we can still do things manually

WARNING! This fix was created specifically for this user! If you are not this user, do not follow these instructions!
@{USER}: Ignore the above

Download the attached .zip file. Inside it, will be two folders, Packages and Manifests.

Create these folders if they do not already exist: C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages\ and C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\winsxs\Manifests

Extract Packs.zip onto your Desktop. Please place the contents of my Desktop\Packages in C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages\ and my Desktop\Manifests in C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\winsxs\Manifests.

Note that for you there are no manifests, and so just ignore this step.

DO NOT place the .zip file in that folder, or the folders themselves. Make sure that a lot of files are in each of those Checksur folder.

Re-run the System Update Readiness Tool, and get me another copy of C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log.

Also, please retest Windows Updates (with fingers slightly crossed, no matter how much we both know that that won't help! lol.)

Thanks a lot!

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/190767-windows-update-failing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I try to do a windows update and it downloads perfectly but when it tries to install it keeps failing. I get the error code 80070643, i tried to follow the link to get help and tried to google it but cant understand how to fix it?.?

A:Windows Update Failing

try this solution from Microsoft.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/119069-windows-update-failing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Well, on my laptop it's failing. On reboot it's trying to uninstall but taking a really long time. Hope it comes back. Anyone else having it just not even installing at all? The rollback took nearly 45 minutes.

A:Windows 8.1 update failing

Not had any problems here, I've just done it, well the usual updates first, all 8 of them 2 of which were for Office 2007. Then the big one done on its own.
All downloaded and installed without problems and looking at the Update History they all succeeded.

Do you have any other problems with this machine, have you been able to install updates before ?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44095-windows-8-1-update-failing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

I have tried several ways to get the Windows 10 update to go through:

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586.

However, it keeps failing.

I have deleted the stuff from the software distribution and even ran the Windows update diagnosis program.

It downloads the files Etc. but when I go back to check the updates it shows like it has to install it. I have rebooted in Safe mode too. It keeps giving me the popup message in the tray bar that the update failed.

Does anyone know how to get this installed without going through the ISO way of fixing it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-keeps-failing.1164312/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ad-Aware, Norton, and AVG 7.0 all come up clean.....

But whenever anything tries to update (esp WIndows Update) It wont. In most cases, it just stops transfering data and sits there.... On windows update it says something like: Windows update Failed. To retry, blah blah.

here is my hijack this log file.... Hope someone has some pointers for me...

Relevancy 47.3%

KB2973351 & KB2973337 have been failing install since July with error 80070490. Poor system has been trying every day.

Several months ago I was having bad problems with Windows Update. I finally got ahold of Microsoft's remote service. They had it fixed in an hour (LogMeIn is the service that some folks in India take over your system). Anyway they fixed it and ever since it has worked perfectly, until now. I've tried manual installs and read about and tried several fixes with no results. I've done searches on these two KB's and all I could find out was that I'm not the only one with problems installing these two.
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Tnx,
Dusty

A:2 KB's Failing update since July?

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344777-2-kbs-failing-update-since-july.html
Relevancy 47.3%

The windows 10 update has failed numerous times on the laptop (running Windows 7) with an error message
"WindowsUpdate_80240020" "WindowsUpdate_dt000". Can someone tell me what to do?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e8b05d55-5a15-43b1-bcac-1c7811df4a2b/windows-10-failing-to-update?forum=MTCWinPhone
Relevancy 47.3%

I often get told by my computer to install the 'Office XP Service Pack ' update Keeps Update Windows A Failing which it says is very important Every time I do it it fails It tries to install the update but soon a mini-page appears saying quot The Feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available Instert the 'Microsft Office XP Proffessional with FrontPage' disk and click OK quot I don't know what Microsoft XP Proffessional with FrontPage is so I'm pretty sure I don't have the disk either When I press cancel on the mini-page since I don't have this CD-ROM or removable disk A Windows Update Keeps Failing on the main update page it says 'Failed update' So I was wondering Is this update indeed important If so what do I need to do in order to make it succeed rather than fail And if it's not important how can I A Windows Update Keeps Failing make Windows stop asking me to do it Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/a-windows-update-keeps-failing-679127.html
Relevancy 47.3%

All my Windows machines are not able to update from my WSUS server nbsp Windows machines are fine nbsp After a reboot this is the log I get nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp User login event timer expired for session id - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp - - nbsp nbsp Failing Windows Update nbsp nbsp AU nbsp START nbsp AU Install updates - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp Windows Update Failing nbsp Initiating scheduled install - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp WARNING There are no approved updates to install - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp nbsp Exit code x C - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp nbsp END nbsp nbsp AU Install updates - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AU nbsp - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp IdleTmr nbsp Incremented idle timer priority operation counter to - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp Triggering AU detection through DetectNow API - - nbsp nbsp nbsp c nbsp AU nbsp Piggybacking on an AU detection already in progress Windows update just sits there for over a week doing nothing nbsp Anyone got any ideas nbsp I have reregistered dlls ran Windows update diag rebuilt a pc and tried Windows Update Failing it from scratch nbsp Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e43a1cb4-9966-453e-bfe5-d7bf73876b63/windows-update-failing?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 47.3%

Windows update is failing with error code 643(see attached screen shot)

I've installed and run the SURT screen shots and CBS log file is attached

thanks in advance for your help

Hi ColinLukies and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please try the following it should fix your problem
Error codes

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/287409-windows-update-failing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,
I installed several new updates but Service pack 1 for Win 7 keeps failing giving me the error message 0x80070541. I am using Win 7 Home Premium 32 Hebrew version, updated from Vista 7 Home Premium 32 Hebrew version

I have tried twice, it gets to around 98-100% downloaded and then displays the error and the option to retry. The same thing happened when I tried to install IE9.
I am using an admin account and have default Windows settings with McAfee Antivirus software , which I have disabled during the update. I have tried running standalone install programs:
Windows6.1-KB947821-v14-x86.msu, IE9-Windows7-x86-en.exe and setup37561_100_DL.exe, with the same results.
Normally I don't have any problems installing updates.

I have included a summary of my computer?s system and components.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

A:Failing to update Win 7 with SP1 and to install IE9

zsmi,

Win 7 SP1.
Generic steps to take before installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

* How to increase your chances of installing Service Pack 1 successfully.
Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center

* Update your device drivers to the most recent Windows 7 device drivers from your computer manufacture's support web site (for your specific make and model)

* Start by installing the chipset/motherboard driver followed by the remaining available drivers.

* Run the SFC /SCANNOW command. This will check and repair if necessary any critical Windows system files.
Click on Start/All programs/Accessories then
Right click on Command Prompt option and select 'Run as administrator'.
At the command prompt enter: SFC /SCANNOW

* Run the System Update Readiness Tool:
Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2

* Windows 7 - Service Pack 1 ? How to install Step by Step
Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center

* Learn how to install Win 7 SP1
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

IE9.

How to solve IE9 installation problems
Microsoft Support

Prerequisites for installing IE9
Prerequisites for installing Internet Explorer 9

Read through this link-
Troubleshoot problems when you cannot install Internet Explorer 9
I suggest you uninstall IE9.
Reboot.
Install IE9 again.
How do I install or uninstall Internet Explorer 9?
Further Reading -
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...direct=1&sd=gn

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/193041-failing-update-win-7-sp1-install-ie9.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Lenovo bit operating system x based processor which i recently upgraded to windows pro Windows update keeps failing on it after the upgrade I get the below error message whenever it tries to install windows update There were problems installing some updates but we'll try again later If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information this may help Cumulative Update for Windows KB - Error x b Definition Update for Microsoft failing update Windows 10 keep Office KB -Bit Edition - Error x Intel Corporation driver update for Intel R Q Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM - Error x Lenovo - Pointing Drawing - Lenovo Optical Mouse HID - Error x Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows KB - Error x b Update for Windows KB - Error x b Update for Windows KB - Error x b After running the Windows 10 update keep failing sfc scan this is what it gives me Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C WINDOWS system gt sfc scannow Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification Windows 10 update keep failing phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them Details are included in the CBS Log windir Logs CBS CBS log For example C Windows Logs CBS CBS log Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios C WINDOWS system gt Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version Image Version Error x f f The source files could not be found Use the quot Source quot option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature For more information on specifying a source location see Configure a Windows Repair Source The DISM log file can be found at C WINDOWS Logs DISM dism log C WINDOWS system gt Please help out Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/49943-windows-10-update-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Error code: (0x8024402f)
I have tried media creation tools and windows update tools, troubleshooting etc, but still fail.
Anyone can tell me how to solve it?

A:windows 10 update keep failing

I'd suggest you search the web for a solution for your specific problem,
on your specific device,
in your specific OS version,
most recent posts.
There is NO one size fits all. ... or join this forum, to exchange messages.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438928-windows-10-update-keep-failing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

After Microsoft security Essentials supposedly quarantining the Exploit win32/cve-2010-1885A I thought all was well. Malwarebytes then failed to load, and Windows/Microsoft Update just appears to give 1 update repeatedly. My Windows Media Player Fails to see anything in any of my libraries when I can see them using Windows Explorer. Please help. Short of doing a restore to system default I decided to run Combofix. See the log, any help gratefully received.
 combofixlog.txt   30.7KB
  4 downloads

A:Windows 7 Failing to Update

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please DownloadTDSSKiller.zip>>> Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application.Click on the Start Scan button and wait for the scan and disinfection process to be over.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue
If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue
If you are asked to reboot the computer to complete the process, click on the Reboot Now button. A report will be automatically saved at the root of the System drive ((usually C:\) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt" (for example, C:\TDSSKiller.2.2.0_20.12.2009_15.31.43_log.txt). Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If no reboot is required, click on Report. A log file will appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.Download http://public.avast.com/~gmerek/aswMBR.exe (aswMBR.exe) to your desktop. Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it Click the "Scan" button to start scan. Upon completion of the scan, click Save log, and save it to your desktop. (Note - do not select any Fix at this time) <- IMPORTANTPlease post the contents of that log in your next reply.There shall also be a file on your desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) folder. Please attach that zipped file in your next reply.===Please post the logs for my review.Please post the logs for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447946/windows-7-failing-to-update/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello again sorry for the trouble But today I decided to totally format my computer all over again I have formated Windows Update My kept failing... my PC with Windows Ultimate -bit Everything was going smoothly I installed my regular drivers Acronis Adobe then I connect to the net to do a Windows Update first At first it detected Important Updates and so I have started updating them but when I have done 'downloading amp installing' them it says that I have failed updates and common error code I restarted my PC and go all over again but the same things happened So I went online to Microsoft and search for the answers and use their solutions like Quote net stop wuauserv cd systemroot SoftwareDistribution ren Download Download old net start wuauserv And I have tried System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Installed that My Windows Update kept failing... and tried updating but it's the same things again Failed updates for all But completely no luck So I would like to ask what is wrong and can anyone help Sorry and thanks

A:My Windows Update kept failing...

Run this one "MS Fix it" in AGGRESSIVE MODE http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9665683

You can also disable 3p security software

If nothing help find CheckSur.log file in C:\Windows\logs\CBS folder and attache to post

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/113164-my-windows-update-kept-failing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello

for about 2 weeks I've had this problem this problem,

OK I have a printer on my network (Canon MP190) and in Windows Update the update for it is there and I tried to Install it it always fails but I can install any other update without a problem.

Help?

A:Windows Update keeps Failing

Hello Philip, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if downloading and installing the Windows 8 version of your printer driver directly from Canon at the link below may work better for you.

Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : PIXMA MP190

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/13174-windows-update-keeps-failing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have been trying to update my wifes computer via the Microsoft Update Site It has always updated successfully in the past However it now always fails and the list of security Windows Failing Update updates is growing I have listed the current updates that are selected after the system scan that fail each time I try Windows Update Failing I even tried turning off my internet security to no avail Her system is a Dell Inspiron m running XP Pro Any ideas or help would be Windows Update Failing greatly appreciated List of updates that fail Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Update for Windows XP KB Windows Update Failing Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Windows XP KB Security Update for Outlook Express for Windows XP KB nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,
I have a laptop running on Windows 7 Home Premium, and for 6 months now my laptop keeps trying to update the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based systems (KB976932). This update keeps on failing, which causes my laptop to restart 3 times every time I start
my laptop after which it states "failure configuring windows updates". I have tried everything, searched all forum discussions, downloaded it manually from the microsoft site and used the Fixit tool. However, nothing works and my laptop is performing
slower every day. 
I get error code BC9 when trying to install the update. Also, I get the message of restarting my computer, which I do constantly but nothing happens after. 
I would really appreciate help!

A:Windows update keeps on failing

Hi ?
I agree with Cyber_Defend_Team.
In addition, error BC9 means "The request operation failed. A system reboot is required to roll back changes made."

Regarding this kind of update issue, I suggest you try the following suggestions and let me know the result.
1. Disable antivirus software 
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Disable-antivirus-software
Please Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable
it as soon as you're done.
2. Open the Windows Update troubleshooter
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Update-troubleshooter
3. Reset Windows Update components
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
4. Run System Update Readiness Tool and collect the %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
5.  Diagnose and repair the corrupted files listed on checksur.log.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee619779(WS.10).aspx
6. Try to perform a clean boot and then try to install Windows 7 service pack 1 and check if it

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us
Regards,
Blair DengBlair Deng
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5395c56f-557a-4285-814d-06628f615634/windows-update-keeps-on-failing?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 47.3%

I have Office 2000 Professional SR-1 SP-3 installed. The OS is Windows Professional XP SP-3. All software is legitimate.

Whenever I run Office Update, the progress bar reaches the 40% mark and
then the program aborts.

I have tried running the repair utility included in Office 2000, ran the installation utility, turned off my firewall, and I have tried every suggestion in this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304498
…but nothing seems to work!

I am able to manually install updates, but would prefer being able to run Office Update to do that.

How can I get Office Update to work again?

Thanks.
--
tb

Relevancy 47.3%

When I install this update, it shows that it has been installed successfully. The veent viewer describes that it has been successfully installed but it is still not getting applied. During reboot, it shows that we were unable to configure the update. I have followed all the steps in the windows forum and the prerequisite. I have followed the steps that were mentioned in the below article.

KB2975719 "Failed to Install" every time

can anyone provide me further steps.

A:Update kb2975719 failing

Please try using this and report back. Open the Windows Update troubleshooter - Microsoft Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/55102-update-kb2975719-failing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, 
I'm having a big headache with windows update - whenever I try to update I get this message after restarting "Error: Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes."

I have tried everything that Microsoft support tell me like turning off my own firewall - using windows firewall instead, using the Microsoft fix it tool, restarting the computer and trying again from scratch but nothing helps. I did not even got a recovery CD with this new computer so I cannot just reformat either.

Your thoughts are appreciated, thanks.

A:Windows update keeps failing

you mentioned that you did not get a recovery cd with your new computer, however it may have a recovery partition (and recovery media creation software).

What is brand and model of your computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494830/windows-update-keeps-failing/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, I just recently bought a new PC and everytime I try to install windows updates on it, it stays at checking for updates. I installed win7 the first time, and then registered my activation key and then tried to update the updates, but it did not work. I tried again a second time with a clean install of win7 and activation and again it did not work. So I once again tried a clean install but this time I didnt activate my win7 registration key and it actually let me download some updates. Once I had downloaded them all I registered my windows again. Today however I try to install updates and again it just stays at checking for updates. Is my key faulty? is it my PC? I have googled and tried various things but I am having no luck with this at all.

A:Win7 failing to update at all.

check your date and time in your BIOS and your windows date and time. It's crucial this the time is accurate and of course, check web connectivity. Make sure you can load webpages and stuff and no access is being blocked to microsoft servers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/388204-win7-failing-update-all.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:why does critical update v1.17 keep failing

Which update? Is that a BIOS update? If it is, why do you want to do it? Is it a Firmware update? Please explain and provide more information.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/why-does-critical-update-v1-17-keep-failing/td-p/439700
Relevancy 47.3%

I have tried to fix this before and nothing has worked. Windows update keeps popping up with the same update over and over again and when I go to the site, it fails. Two of them are failing and it is driving me nuts. Please help me Obi One Kenobi, your only hope......

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3198 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 301705 MB, Free - 12189 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0RY007
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 47.3%

With the help of a BleepingComputer analyst I fixed a virus issue on my wife's laptop about a year ago. However I have recently discovered that Windows updates haven't worked since those fixes were made.  Can somebody help?

Andy

A:Windows 7 update failing

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561506/windows-7-update-failing/
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm being told to reboot my pc. When I do, I get the prompt to update again. rinse and repeat.
The last update to install was 3097877
The one above it is Upgrade to W10. 1511, 10586. The update failed.

I am NOT trying to upgrade.

How do I get out of this loop?

Thanks,
Chris

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385688-update-loop-10-failing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

As probably many of you, I got asked to do updates last week or so, and I didn't switch off my computer since then as I've been reading here and there that there were problems occuring.

The thing is I thought of doing a backup before anything happens and today, a power cut occured, and it won't pass through the blue screen saying "Update failed, cancelling changes, don't switch off the computer".

I'm running Windows 7 Premium family edition. Has any of you experencied the same thing ? And if so, is there any way to get my files back ? I have too many important things to lose, any help would be gladly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

(CPU is Intel(R) CoreTM) i5-470k 3.40GHz, 8192 MB as memory size)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394361-cpu-wont-start-due-failing-update.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Windows Update keeps on failing on a new XP install. The error in the log is always Cx800c0008

I've tried all the MS Windows Update trouble shooter stuff + other things I've found, including:

changing ssl settings
Verify Date and Time settings
Additional US Language settings
renaming CATROOT directory

Its been happening for several days and is really frustrating!

Could it be my ADSL router stopping the communication?
I have no Virus checker or Firewall installed, in fact I haven't installed anything at all since OS installation.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have been repeatedly prompted by the Windows update manager that a update is available. When I click on install it looks as though it is going to work but then receive the follow message: The following updates were not installed - Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86.

I went to the Microsoft online support but only found topics from 2005.

Is it an issue this is not installing? Is there a way to get this install?

Thanks

A:Windows update failing

That should only be one update, available for download Here.The 3.5, SP1 update includes updates for versions 2.0 thru 3.0. After the update is installed, Add/Remove Programs will reflect Version 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 as removeable items.Download it to desktop and install it manually. Afterwards there will be critical updates to it which can be obtained via WUS.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/325483/windows-update-failing/
Relevancy 47.3%

hi i recently upgraded to xp sp3 and another small update to xp fails every time i try to install it. i have great badwidth and have done it several times. anyone else have this problem?

"Update for Windows XP (KB898461)
Size: 477 KB

This update installs a permanent copy of Package Installer for Windows to enable software updates to have a significantly smaller download size. The Package Installer facilitates the install of software updates for Microsoft Windows operating systems and other Microsoft products. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.

More information for this update can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/KB898461"

A:[SOLVED] XP update keeps failing

Hello Jim,

Try downloading and installing the Windows? Installer Version 3.1 from Microsoft?. (Click the coloured link.)
Once down, try the update again, if you don't have success, we have other alternatives that might help resolve this issue.

Post back with the results.

Kind regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-xp-update-keeps-failing-253691.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I keep getting the following error message when these updates try to load. Machine was infected about a month ago but is appears to be clean.

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982168)
Security Update for .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB983583)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows 2000 and Windows XP (KB979906)

Can this be fixed?

A:Automatic Update failing

You've tried to manually download and install those updates?

I don't see an error message...

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344233/automatic-update-failing/
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm getting "Fail to Update" in when I run Windows 7 update. Have run MS Malware tool, Spybot and Malwarebytes and getting nothing. Error Code 80200011. Can anyone help?

Run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool This may fix your issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-failing.1094381/
Relevancy 47.3%

When I try to start windows update it runs for a few seconds and then a box pops up with the following.

Restart your computer to install important updates.
Windows can’t update important files and services while the system is using them. Save any open files and restart you computer and then try to check for new updates.

I have restarted my computer many times but the same pop up comes up when I try to download updates.

I have downloaded and run the following Microsoft troubleshooting files to no avail.

MicrosoftFixit50123 and WindowsUpdateDiagnostic

Any thoughts on a way forward please?

No guarantee on this, but I'd try a shut down (instead of restart). Has worked for me, but I have no idea why.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-failing.1139083/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,
Today I try to shut-down Win 8 and see the windows Update message, so I keep system on. But after several hours, the Update message still there so I think the update process is dead. Then I try to restart my computer, but I cannot see the desktop any more,
what I see is just "Windows update message". I try to use F8 in reboot to "security mode" but still do not work.
Please help. Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/45b37739-44c3-43e3-8d46-dc49627da330/cannot-restart-win-8-after-failing-to-update?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey all, i'm having an issue where my HDD is always 100% active. Resource Monitor shows System taking up a lot of R/W time,  but also "FullImagingService.exe". There's almost no cpu usage and memory usage is normal, booting up is fine and it doesn't start it's 100% activity until after I'm at my desktop. The problem doesn't happen in safe mode, and i've turned off services like superfetch and indexing to try and narrow down the problem. I've ran Hitman Pro, Malware Bytes, Trend Micro, and CCleaner to check for virus issues. My PC was normal for about 24 hours and then the problem started right back up. 

I don't know if this problem is a cause, a symptom, or unrelated, but all my windows updates fail. I stopped and restarted the WU service to no avail. 

This has me really scratching my head,  on top of making my PC close to unusable. 

A:HDD always spinning and Win Update failing

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606240/hdd-always-spinning-and-win-update-failing/
Relevancy 47.3%

OK, I've got a little problem here...

A week or two ago, I had to install an overdose of updates. In fact, about 164 in one day. And, since Saturday, for the past four days, my computer kept telling me to install the one update. In those four days, I've been constantly shutting down the computer just to install that one update. It's like I never shut down, ever. Now it says "Most recent check for updates: Today at 9:49AM, updates were installed: 2:54PM (Failed)." And, it's been doing this for the past four days. I've shut down my computer about four times today, and I don't want to do it again.

Has this happened to anyone else? How can I fix it?
Attachment 217380

A:Why does Windows Update keep failing, and can I fix it?

Hi Shadowboy1795,

I am Prabhat and i work for Dell Social Media and Community Team, as i understand the issue, you are not able to install windows updates.
Firstly, go to SERVICES, go to start > control panel > services or you can go to Start > Run > then type services.msc.
Once you have the Services windows open, under all there services listed, please check if the windows installer service is running or not.
If possible attach a screenshot of the services windows with the windows installer status.

Regards,
Prabhat Pillai
| Certified Dell Community Professional |

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/236074-why-does-windows-update-keep-failing-can-i-fix.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hi all

trying to update my laptop.

windows update keeps failing , i even try to do it manually but keeps saying "windows cannot check for update because the service isnt running you may need to restart ur computor."

ive tried restarting but nothing happens.

hope u can help.

matty

A:windows update failing

Matty
Give this a try. Go to search by the start button. Type services. Look for windows update and make sure that it is on

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/322807-windows-update-failing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have Office 2000 Professional SR-1 SP-3 installed. The OS is Windows Professional XP SP-3. All software is legitimate.Whenever I run Office Update, the progress bar reaches the 40% mark and then the program aborts.I have tried running the repair utility included in Office 2000, ran the installation utility, turned off my firewall, and I have tried every suggestion in this article:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304498?but nothing seems to work!I am able to manually install updates, but would prefer being able to run Office Update to do that.How can I get Office Update to work again?Thanks.-- tb

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178867/office-update-keeps-on-failing/
Relevancy 46.87%

I've seen similar problems while googling around but nothing has worked for me Failing on and IE Startup Update Crashes 9 to yet Running Windows x Problem I have recently come across a program that failed IE 9 Failing to Update and Crashes on Startup to work and found that it relies on IE to be fully updated and functional When trying to open IE for the first time in a while b c I use Chrome I noticed that the browser would immediately close and a new Downloads window would appear with it asking if I wanted to save my hompage htm Also possibly related all windows help dialogues now fail to load and give me the error quot Unable to download from windows Unable to open this Internet site The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found Please try again later quot Solutions Tried Tried fully updating windows and everything updated except IE saying there was an error but not listing anything specific Ran full system scan with MS Forefront and it came up clean I've tried uninstalling IE via quot Uninstall an Update quot and the bar never moved and an message was given saying that the uninstall failed but didn't give a reason Some sites then said remove it from the quot Turn Windows features on or off quot menu but when I opened that dialogue it was completely blank So that also failed Also tried going to Control Panel - gt Internet Options to reset the settings to default but whenever I click on anything under the Internet Options area nothing opens and my computer doesn't even make the 'click' noise If you can think of anything else I could try that may work I would really appreciate the help Thanks

A:IE 9 Failing to Update and Crashes on Startup

Hello and welcome Lhasinu I am just a tad confused as to what you have installed as a browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/293849-ie-9-failing-update-crashes-startup.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I keep getting offered the above Intel update by Windows Update. I have downloaded it several times and tried to install it, but it always fails. Anyone else have the same issue? Is there a fix?

A:Windows update keeps failing to install

Post #141 here,
Latest Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67946-windows-update-keeps-failing-install.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi A while ago I suddenly realised that I couldn't update with Windows Update and even though I've Failing Windows AppCrash + Update followed the guide precisly Failing Windows Update + AppCrash it still reports errors Now more recently everytime I turn on my computer atleast a few apps crashes Normally it's steam or such but it can also be something more critical as Windows or Explorer which then needs a restart This results in Failing Windows Update + AppCrash a lot of things for instance I've bought a new monitor and I can't install the driver because when I install it the app crashes instantly I've also begun getting these little windows in Firefox called simply quot adds quot and it asks me with which program I'd like to open them I just close them Also my anti-virus-program Panda alerts me every th minute that a virus was found and neutralized What do I do I've consulted a Microsoft supporter who wasn't very helpful I've used the program GMER exe and DDR scr and got the logs

A:Failing Windows Update + AppCrash

Hello -

Quote:

I've used the program GMER.exe and DDR.scr and got the logs.

Please post them. That is where an analysis would begin.

As I already have as many open topics as I can effectively handle, I'll be closing this thread, but I wanted you to know what to do so another helper might be able to take on your case.

Please create a new topic for your issue, with all the requested logs.

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/failing-windows-update-appcrash-445376.html
Relevancy 46.87%

comp had zeroacess rootkit aswell and im beginning to think update cause? windows keeps the virus failing, a worm or something i formatted comp and without updating windows i went windows update keeps failing, virus the cause? online stupidly got infected to my surprise and formatted again thinking ill strictly download from trusted sites without updating windows as my first priority again i downloaded scanners and produced possible rootkits as well as random proxys and my avg is constantly blocking outwards connections to randoms addresses seems all cleared besides the random proxys except when i installed all my windows updates theres like that WILL NOT INSTALL no matter what ill select install the imp updates and it'll go as far as to say completed then when i check for them they are all still there needing to windows update keeps failing, virus the cause? be downloaded i formated my laptop and installed all the security updates first before going onto internet explorer theres no missing updates im thinking windows update keeps failing, virus the cause? a virus or some malware is screwing with me if i troubleshoot the problems it attempts to cehck for updates says its ok then the process has restarted reason im thinking its a virus is because all the updates are security updates for windows seems like all the computers in my house have problems especially with the windows updates this laptop being the first to install all error i get from chrome just now trying to install manuallyYour connection is not privateAttackers might be trying to steal your information from update microsoft com for example passwords messages or credit cards NET ERR CERT COMMON NAME INVALIDThis server could not prove that it is update microsoft com its security certificate is from www update microsoft com This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection Proceed to update microsoft com unsafe

A:windows update keeps failing, virus the cause?

I recommend we get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.Let me know if all went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582896/windows-update-keeps-failing-virus-the-cause/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi All,

I have started getting the following error when trying to run windows update and when I try and activate my Windows.

Error 80072EE2

I have been able to run Windows update in the past.

Any thoughts???

Regards

Steve......

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi. I found the post about Windows Update problems. I'm trying to follow that format here.

Here is all the information I know to provide:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
I ran the SURT.
Ran sfc/scannow
I get: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
Windows Update Error Code: 800703EE
Compressed CBS log: Attached. This is not the latest CBS log, but it is the only one I was able to upload (under 8 mb). It is from yesterday, the 19th

I've been trying different things for a few days to no avail. Tried the MS update fixer. I've tried running sfc/scannow in safe mode with the same result. Disk cleanup, de-fragmentation, etc.
Anything else you need to help let me know.

Any help would be appreciated, as I am officially frustrated!

A:Windows Update Failing Continuously

CheckSUR shows the following problems...

Code:
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-lsa_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18717_none_0ec82865a7c8e466.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-ie-directxtransforms_31bf3856ad364e35_11.2.9600.17633_none_845de0afcb21d443.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ole-automation_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18679_none_1aea3d051245fa8a.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_51_for_KB3023607~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_51_for_KB3023607~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
SFC shows the following problems...

Code:
Line 3535: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 00000333 [SR] Repairing 3 components
Line 3536: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 00000334 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 3541: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 00000337 [SR] Cannot verify component files for Microsoft-Windows-OLE-Automation, Version = 6.1.7601.18679, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral, manifest is damaged (TRUE)
Line 3544: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 00000339 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"jnwmon.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-TabletPC-JournalNoteWriterQFE, Version = 6.1.7601.18493, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 3549: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 0000033c [SR] Cannot verify component files for Microsoft-Windows-IE-DirectXTransforms, Version = 11.2.9600.17633, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_IA32_ON_WIN64 (10), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral, manifest is damaged (TRUE)
Line 3552: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 0000033e [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"jnwmon.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-TabletPC-JournalNoteWriterQFE, Version = 6.1.7601.18493, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 3553: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 0000033f [SR] This component was referenced by [l:154{77}]"Package_2_for_KB2971850~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.1.2971850-4_neutral_GDR"
Line 3558: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 00000342 [SR] Recovered manifest from backup for Microsoft-Windows-OLE-Automation, Version = 6.1.7601.18679, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral
Line 3565: 2015-02-20 22:25:42, Info CSI 00000344 [SR] Repair complete
I'll post a fix protocol later, for the CheckSUR errors, then we'll work on the SFC problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/362033-windows-update-failing-continuously.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys.

My PC keeps trying to update but fails with this message.
I have XP Pro.

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417)

Anyone had this and found a fix ?

Relevancy 46.87%

I have the sound problem after the lid is shut i can loose mouse and sound had to do system restore to get it working again. Read a few posts on this forum that there is a fix in an update to the Bios.I have tried sp67441 and sp69946 and installer loads and then tells me WMI not found. Read up about that and checked installation and WMI is installed running and set to automatic.Have to select continue on the error message box and the Bios seems to continue update (cant tell what version it tries to install as flashes on screen to fast!) system shuts down and reboots but still no change to bios version installed which is F.06.Runnng windows 8.! suspect there is a conflict with WMI??I really want this problem fixed seems its well known HP problem on the envy x2 besides rubbish sound quality from laughable Beats Audio! 

A:Hp Envyx2 cant update bios keeps failing

Hey @Dodgemnz ,Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand you're experiencing issues updating the BIOS on your ENVY x2 Split notebook. The only update utility that will work for your notebook is sp69946.exe. If you're having issues installing it confirm the steps you're taking are correct here: Updating the BIOS.Make sure any anti-virus or firewall software is disabled, and perform a clean boot of Windows before installing just to be safe.If you still have problems installing after that please try restoring the BIOS before updating. You can see how to do this here: Restoring the BIOS.Let me know if this helps.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Hp-Envyx2-cant-update-bios-keeps-failing/td-p/4800143
Relevancy 46.87%

Windows update keeps failing for the following updates:
Update for Outlook Junk Email Filter 2003 (KB921587)
Update for Office 2003 (KB919029)

Everything is working fine but I have the message on my toolbar (yellow caution sign) saying that updates are ready for my computer but they continuously fail to update.

Can anyone help me?????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-for-outlook-keeps-failing.522768/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to update so i can possibly get rid of the unknown malware on my computer but it doesnt find it on its normal scanning i think it wuld after updates and i also cant update my windows updates can anyone help?

A:Malware bytes failing to update

Have you seen this post on the MBAM forum? http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=166348

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/317082/malware-bytes-failing-to-update/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update for me so I attempted to install it However when it was done I was told that the installation failed I restarted the computer and attempted to install it again but it still failed I looked into more detail on what I was installing which was Microsoft NET Framework KB and went to the site it was based on and attempted to install it from there When the setup came up however I recieved this message quot KB v does not apply or is blocked by another condition on your computer quot I'm not entirely sure what this means and since this keeps Windows 7 for Important failing Update is apparently an important update for my laptop I ask if there is a way I can solve the problem also it's Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing getting irritating to have my laptop keep on reminding me to update something that Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing fails to update Thank you P S I don't know if this helps but my laptop has Norton

A:Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing

Norton may be blocking it, especially seeing this "KB2468871v2 does not apply, or is blocked by another condition on your computer."

Read this KB2468871 System Update Install Error&#33; &#40;error 643&#41; - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/208499-important-update-windows-7-keeps-failing.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Not sure if I am infected or I am even posting in correct section but having trouble with updates including service pack 3 failing (XP). Computer is exceptionally slow loading IE and any web pages as well. Have run quick and full scans with Ad Aware, Spybot S&D and Malwarebytes, found many entries and seemed like programs removed them. Have used ATF, disk clean up and defrag as well. Found many Any help would be appreciated.

A:update - Service Pack 3 for XP keeps failing

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is Computer Pro and I will be helping you with your problems.Please subscribe to your topic so that you will be notified as soon as I post a reply, instead of you having to check the topic all of the time. This will allow you to get an email notification when I reply.To subscribe, go to your topic, and at the top right hand corner by your first post, click the Options button and then click Track this topic. Then bullet the immediate notification bubble. Finally, press submit.Please download Dr. Web the free version & save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.Scan with Dr. Web Cureit as follows: ? Double-click on launch.exe to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version ? Read the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs. ? The Express scan will automatically begin.(This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders). ? If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window. ? If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All. ? When complete, click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.(This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)? Now put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media. ? In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Ok. ? Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo. ? When the scan is complete, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found. ? Click "Yes to all" if asked to cure or move the file(s) and select "Move incurable". ? In the top menu, click file and choose save report list. ? Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop. ? Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done. ? Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot. ? After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/281904/update-service-pack-3-for-xp-keeps-failing/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi and thank you in advance for your help I work for a school and am having an issue with IE on many machines I just imaged IE will not go to internal intranet links 9c48 x64 update failing 11 Error IE and is many times not loading or slowly loading pages I read in another forum to uninstall the IE update I did this on one computer rebooted then tried to manually install IE However that didn't work So I let it do IE 11 x64 update failing Error 9c48 updates It pulled down IE IE and IE in windows updater I performed the updates times each time with one failing until I am at the final update which is IE and it fails I performed a registry fix using CCleaner but no dice I have seen on some other threads here that after running the CheckSUR tool there has been a fix given I was wondering if this is something I need to do for every machine about or if there is a way I can fix it myself Thanks for any help Machine Specs HP Compaq DC CMT Win pro x gb RAM gb Seagate HD NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Card Intel Core Duo Microsoft Forefront Endpoint

A:IE 11 x64 update failing Error 9c48

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/343984-ie-11-x64-update-failing-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Trying to install Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack SP I get the following error - - - C CB -A - C-A B- C B CEB EC d AutomaticUpdatesWuApp Failure Content Download Error Download failed Event Viewer shows Log Name Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient Operational Source Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient Date PM Event ID Task Category Windows Update Agent Level Error Keywords Failure Download User SYSTEM Computer Dell-P Description Windows Update failed to download XP SP2 Windows Update Office failing an update Event Office XP SP2 Windows Update failing Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient quot Guid quot A -C - ACD- F- C A quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient Operational lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Dell-P lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot errorCode quot gt x d lt Data gt lt Data Name quot updateGuid quot gt C CB -A - C-A B- C B CEB EC lt Data gt lt Data Name quot updateRevisionNumber quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Google search is not finding a fix for this I'm still using RC build and this is the first update I've had a problem with Any help appreciated

A:Office XP SP2 Windows Update failing

Its difficult for me to answer based upon what I see, but did you download SP1 and subsequent downloads? You cannot install sp2 unless SP1 is already in place.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/38614-office-xp-sp2-windows-update-failing.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have Build 7000 and now every time I install an update it fails. Anyone have a fix for this?

A:Windows Update failing every time now

could you be a bit more specific? Do you mean windows update? does the same one or different updates fail? Also dont forget win 7 7000 (beta) is gonna start timing out at the beginning of July so you might want to update to RC1 and see if the problem follows you or disappears. Good Luck, I hope this helped somewhat.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/11585-windows-update-failing-every-time-now.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello As I was told to create a new thread I'll now do it and I'll write exactly the same but this time I'll post my log files in the first post too Hi A while ago I suddenly realised that I couldn't update with Windows Update and even though I've followed the guide precisly it still reports errors Now more recently everytime I turn on my computer atleast a few apps crashes Normally it's steam or such but it can also be something more critical as Windows or Explorer Update Failing AppCrash + Windows which then needs a restart This results in a lot of things for instance I've bought a new monitor and I can't install the driver because Failing Windows Update + AppCrash when I install it the app crashes instantly I've also begun getting these little windows in Firefox called simply quot adds quot and it asks me with which program I'd like to open them I just close them Also my anti-virus-program Panda alerts me every th minute that a virus was found and neutralized What do I do I've consulted a Microsoft supporter who wasn't very helpful I've used the program GMER exe and DDR scr Failing Windows Update + AppCrash and got the logs Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Alexander at on - - Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT AV Panda Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated EEE D A-D C - A-AB C- CE FE A SP Panda Antivirus enabled Updated FE D - E - EBB-B E -D C CBDAF A SP Spybot - Search and Destroy disabled Outdated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Windows Defender disabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus PskSvc exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus pavsrvx exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus AVENGINE EXE C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system AUDIODG EXE C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSService exe C Acer Empowering Technology eLock Service eLockServ exe C Acer Empowering Technology eNet eNet Service exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Acer Mobility Center MobilityService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus PsCtrls exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus PsImSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Acer Empowering Technology ePower ePowerSvc exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRecoveryService exe C Acer Empowering Technology eSettings Service capuserv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe... Read more

A:Failing Windows Update + AppCrash

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Your hard drive is almost full.

Quote:

C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 70 GiB total, 8,738 GiB free.

Having too little free space on your hard drive can compromise system performance. I suggest you move pictures, music, etc. to an external drive or USB stick if you have one and uninstall any programs that are never or hardly ever used.

I need to see your gmer log in order to help you. Please attach it to your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/failing-windows-update-appcrash-445857.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

Below are the details of the security update that keeps failing.

I have tried the Windows trouble shooter without succes. Fixit without succes.
.Net framework repair without succes. Manual download did not want to work either.

Would anyone have some other ideas?

Ivan

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538243)

Installation date: ‎5-‎12-‎2012 11:30

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 64C

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified leading to MFC application vulnerability in DLL planting due to MFC not specifying the full path to system/localization DLLs. You can protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:
MS11-025: Description of the security update for Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package: June 14, 2011

Help and Support:
Microsoft Support

A:KB2538243 Windows update keeps failing.

Please follow the instructions at Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the data - then we can see what we're dealing with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/267847-kb2538243-windows-update-keeps-failing.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am struggling with my PC where it will not install updates

I am using Vista Home Premium with SP1

When installing updates it seems to be working for maybe an hour or more then the update fails.

The codes I have so far are 8007000B of which I have tried the command prompt fix listed on the micrsoft site though to no avail.

I have also seen 80073712 and 800706E, 800B0100

I have scanned with malwarebytes and it comes up as clean.

Any help would be appreciated.

Olly

A:Windows Update Failing - Various Errors

Are you saying that the updates actually install...and (somehow) fail later?

Post the exact error messages received, please.

Have you tried to manually download/install said updates?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310973/windows-update-failing-various-errors/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I don t know if anyone who has a new computer with Windows OS installed are having the same problems as i am but the following updates have been attempting to install and failing on restart I keep getting the message quot Failure to configure Windows updates Reverting changes please wait quot This has to update Failing install Solved: and happened for over a month now and i have tried to install them separately and manually but Solved: Failing to update and install the same message appears My computer is TOSHIBA SATELITE C D-S Part Number PSCBOU- Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor AMD E- APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Microsoft Basic Render Driver Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Solved: Failing to update and install Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled These are the updates that are failing Updates for Windows for x -based Systems KB KB KB KB KB KB Has anyone got any ideas on why they keep failing to install and if you had the same problem what did you do Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have 23 important window updates, and every time I try to update my computer these fail! I have tried the fix it tool thats reccommended but that didn't work either.

It says the file or directory is corrupted or unreadable and the error code is

ERROR_FILE_CORRUPT(0x80070570)

thankyou

A:Windows 7 update continually failing

Hi,

Open a command Prompt by right clicking and select 'Run as Administrator' and then at the command prompt type: chkdsk /f /r then press the enter key.
Also run the SFC /SCANNOW command. This will check and repair if necessary any critical Windows system files.
Click on Start/All programs/Accessories then
Right click on Command Prompt option and select 'Run as administrator'.
At the command prompt enter: SFC /SCANNOW

If the issue still persists, you can refer to the URL mentioned for further troubleshooting: A Consuming Experience: Vista: Windows Update error 80070570 problem - how to fix

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/263871-windows-7-update-continually-failing.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys n gals, just need a bit of help reading through my windows update log! Recently reinstalled win7 64x, because I wanted a nice new format before I go back to university ! Thing is, set up my new system, then started to download updates. Restarted my PC to install these updates and when rebooting it stuck at 0% for like 5minutes then went to the welcome screen. Bit worried about this, so I went into windows update and it seems 99% of the updates failed to install! I'm thinking that there is one stubborn update that is making the rest of them fail, so I've attached my log for you guys to have a look at!

Thanks a lot,
Tom

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I have had several problems with my laptop since I bought it The first one had continual blue screens and other issues and was replaced within all updates Windows Update failing - a few weeks The second had the same problems but by that point I had moved abroad to study and work and needed it to Windows Update - all updates failing write documents for work and write my dissertation so there was no way I could send it away for weeks to get replaced again I have learned to live with the blue screens as I don t know how to fix it but so far hasn t lost me any data the ones I most often get are BAD POOL CALLER and sometimes PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and maybe others but I don t always notice before it disappears Several months ago though my updates started failing First it was a few at a time then most of them but the occassional one would work and now for the last few weeks if not months every Windows Update - all updates failing single one has been failing I used to try searching for the error codes but there were so many and I never got any straight answers on what to actually do so I m hoping one of you kind souls can help me Many thanks in advance nbsp

A:Windows Update - all updates failing

If it's still under warranty I'd sure try to get this resolved by using the warranty. Here's some of the information I found by searching for your error messages.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Also Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Bug Check 0xC2: BAD_POOL_CALLER

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-all-updates-failing.853095/
Relevancy 46.87%

For the past couple of weeks now my mom s computer keeps keeps Reader update failing Adobe getting an update notice for Adobe Reader after every Startup I Adobe Reader update keeps failing ve tried several times over the course of the past weeks to update Adobe Reader so that the update notice will go away and also so that Adobe Reader will be updated in case of any security vulnerabilities Whenever I attempt to update it it begins to install the new update then right in the middle of updating the same error message box pops Here it is below I ve even tried uninstalling Adobe Reader so that I can reinstall it and see if it would allow me to update that way but the same error message appears even when I try to uninstall it It won t allow me to uninstall it either due to this error It s saying that it can t open this particular registry key and I don t know why Can you please help me fix this problem so I can update Adobe Reader I would really appreciate it

A:Adobe Reader update keeps failing

Give this a try

1. Download Microsoft's SubinACL tool from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe -4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=en

2. Install the same by double clicking on the "subinacl.msi" just downloaded.

3. Open Command Prompt window through the Run Dialog Box (Start -> Run and type "cmd" and click OK)

4. In the Command Prompt window, type in the following commands:

i. cd /d "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools" (Hit Enter)

ii. subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents /grant=administrators=f /grant=SYSTEM=f /grant=USERS=f /grant="Creator Owner"=f (Hit Enter)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436027/adobe-reader-update-keeps-failing/
Relevancy 46.87%

SP update failing CBS MUM Corrupt x Hi New to Forum and new SP1 update 0x00000000 Corrupt failing CBS MUM to Windows Just got new computer and installed Windows Enterprise x G RAM i CPU Nvidia GTX graphics All going well updates installing fine until it came to SP KB Failed Ran System update checker Log below Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs f CBS MUM Corrupt x servicing Packages Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Package bf ad e amd mum Expected file name Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf SP1 update failing CBS MUM Corrupt 0x00000000 ad e amd mum does not match the actual file name Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store Summary Seconds executed Found errors CBS MUM Corrupt Total count Unavailable repair files servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Package bf ad e amd mum servicing packages Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-Package bf ad e amd cat I have looked at solutions on MS site etc Ran takeowner for folder OK Ran cacls c Windows Servicing Packages E T C G USERNAME F My problem SP1 update failing CBS MUM Corrupt 0x00000000 is Where do I go to get the download for the files to replace the corrupt ones from please

A:SP1 update failing CBS MUM Corrupt 0x00000000

Hello Briane163 and welcome the forums

Thanks for making a new thread, it makes things a lot easier for us!

Windows Update Package Replacement

Warning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.

Please download the attached file, Packs.zip and save this to your Desktop.
Right-click on the file and select Extract All...
Tick the box labelled Show extracted files when complete then click Extract
A window will open showing two folders, Manifests and Packages
Open the Manifests folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)

C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Winsxs\Manifests

Open the Packages folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)

C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages

Run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) again
When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:

C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log
Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/262720-sp1-update-failing-cbs-mum-corrupt-0x00000000.html
Relevancy 46.87%

For a little more than a week I've been getting a notification about a Java update being available, but the download keeps failing at about 50-60% with this message:

The only help I can find at the Java site is pay per use; the FAQ don't cover this specific issue. I'd like to see what I can find out before I spend any money.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/46180-java-update-download-keeps-failing.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there
I have recently reformatted and have to upgrade my video drivers for my laptop (acer 7535g) Am downloading the drivers from acer support site:

Acer Support: Drivers & Support Documents - Notebook / Aspire / Aspire 7535G

the 8.653.0.0 version. Every time I have tried to install it starts off fine but after a few minutes my desktops disappears and all I have is my background, when I press alt control and delete the screen comes up black leaving me no option other than to do a system restore.

I haven't reformatted for a long time and not to sure how to solve this problem, any help on this matter would be great.

Mrlee

A:ATI HD4570 drivers failing to update

Always download drivers from the manufacturer's website......in this case go to AMD's website. When installing a new video driver, you must download new driver to a place of your choice...ie desktop or documents folder, then uninstall current driver and reboot if not asked to. Upon reboot then install new driver from saved location.

AMD.com | Support & Downloads

ATI Catalyst

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/140390-ati-hd4570-drivers-failing-update.html
Relevancy 46.87%

The updates are through windows update All of the updates pertain to ms office the error code that I get is when failing and Office MS Windows update 8.1 they fail I have been scratching my head Windows 8.1 and MS Office update failing on this one I have googled the error code and what it comes up with is things relating to net framework update install error The weird thing to me is that these came out with the last patch Tuesday and all of the other updates installed just find I am just having a issue with these guys here There are of these updates and they are Definition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Security Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Security Update for Skype for Business KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Office KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Outlook KB -Bit Edition Update for Microsoft Visio KB -Bit Edition Any help would be much appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Windows 8.1 and MS Office update failing

Okay so I figured out these are already installed...  How do I make these go away so they do not keep try and installing them?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577020/windows-81-and-ms-office-update-failing/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello.
I am trying to find a driver for my AMD RADEON HD 6600 Series, but I can't find it. I think it might be the cause of a lot of BSOD's. :/

i got version 8.850.0.0 (According to dxdiag)

anyone want to help me out? =[

A:Failing to find a driver/update.

Have you tried looking for the official and latest ones?

Here: AMD Graphics Drivers & Software

And, have you already discarded that fact that you may have a faulty card? There could be a lot of factors involving those BSODs, even more than just the drivers.

Report back, please

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/185132-failing-find-driver-update.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Windows update KB has been trying to install for a month Seems to update PC restarts fails to complete reverts back Not update to Windows install failing sure if we can just skip a security update Hijack Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files x Toshiba ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis Windows update failing to install HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId Windows update failing to install R - Windows update failing to install HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Playtopus Games - EBA B - D - -BD - BA D CC - C Users Courtney AppData Local Playtopus Playtopus dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Se amp nd to OneNote - res C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Se amp nd to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button OneNote Lin amp ked Notes - FE F- FC - A - -EDE DB C CA - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIELinkedNotes dll O - Extra Tools menuitem OneNote Lin amp ked Notes - FE F- FC - A - -EDE DB C CA - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIELinkedNotes dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Options group ACCELERATED GRAPHICS Accelerated graphics O - Trusted Zone clonewarsadven... Read more

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello Recently I have noticed that I cannot install new Windows updates it won't even start downloading them Also browsing on local network and browsing internet seems sometimes slowed down Few days ago I noticed that the computer is using svchost.exe of 50% failing, Windows CPU update a bit sluggy and I have found that svchost exe is spending od CPU power all the time in Task Manager I have enabled Show processes from all users I am running Windows Vista Ultimate bit SP hardware is Intel Core DUo E Ghz with GB RAM and ATI Radeon HD series graphic card it has GB HDD It is connected to LAN I am using ESET Endpoint Antivirus on computer I have also installed MBAM MBAM have found Hijack Trojan Siredef C and have removed it Anyway after restart I Windows update failing, svchost.exe using 50% of CPU still cannot finish Windows Update and svchost exe is still running at of CPU usage I tried to check the system again with MBAM again and it haven' t detected anything suspicious ESET Endpoint hasn't found anything Thank you for help in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619912/windows-update-failing-svchostexe-using-50-of-cpu/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I received security update KB and other updates KB amp KB for Net framework yesterday and all keep failing I ended up on a support page after searching for solutions and here s keeps .NET Update Security 4 failing Problem how it went First I tried the Microsoft Fixit tool but that didn t work I then tried using the Net removal utility tool to remove all versions of NET and then reloaded step by step but then had a problem with service pack which wouldn t load no matter what I did I ended up having to do a system restore and from there tried a repair on all versions via programmes and features uninstall repair etc and then tried to install updates again but still no joy I tried disabling my Kaspersky security software and tried again In the end I uninstalled version but now have it Problem .NET 4 Security Update keeps failing waiting as an important update to be downloaded - which will start the whole thing off all over again Can anyone suggest anything please Thanks in advance for any help you can give Jay System Info OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation SANTA ROSA CRB Not Applicable Not Applicable Antivirus Kaspersky Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,I've recently been infected with a Malware infection, however with help from the Hijackthis forum I've managed to remove it.I now have another issue, its with regards to a Windows Update to IE - it keeps failing to complete ( and seems to be stuck in a loop )Does anybody have any ideas with regards to what it could be ??This is a link to the original Malware infection postings : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/202644/infected-with-malware-which-has-hijacked-browser-disabled-automatic-updates-antivirus-360/On a side note, the malware infection did interfere with Windows Auto Update ?? Dont know if this is relevent ?Thanks

A:IE Critical Update Keeps Failing To Install

Which update is it? Do you know the KB number?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/205832/ie-critical-update-keeps-failing-to-install/
Relevancy 46.87%

Greetings I Failing To Update Install Windows just bought a new computer installed all the windows updates including SP Everything was running fine- as good as a windows machine can I installed net for an Itunes Windows Update Failing To Install update utility called iTLU when I went to install a security update for Windows Update Failing To Install net it failed Read a bunch of postings regarding this particular update failing tried a bunch of things - repairing net nothing worked I un-installed net to be safe I tried to install another minor updates and they all failed Got the message Problem A problem on your computer is preventing updates from being downloaded or installed But no error code It does download but not install I did turn off my anti-virus and firewall and tried again no change I found this solution here http www technipages com error-a-problem downloaded htmlEssentially re-regietring a bunch of dll s done that Nothingregsvr wuaueng dllregsvr wuaueng dllregsvr wucltui dllregsvr wups dllregsvr wups dllregsvr wuweb dllSolved this buy re-registering run and regsvr wups dllagain this time it worked Left for info for others Admin Edit Removed unnecessary HijackThis Log attachment to preclude post being moved unnecessarily Animal

A:Windows Update Failing To Install

Thanks for letting us know! It'll help out others who've got the same problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152412/windows-update-failing-to-install/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

As the thread title suggests, everytime I try to install windows updates it fails around 15% complete. I'm lost as to how to resolve this so would appreciate any advice that you can give.

I'm running win7 home premium on a Dell Studio XPS 8100 64 Bit OS.

Many Thanks

Paul

A:[SOLVED] Windoze Update Keeps Failing

Hello Forgie and Welcome to TSF,

In order to help you we will need more information, please read through the questions below and get back to us. Try to explain the issues as much as you possibly can.

When the system update fails, do you receive any error messages?
Does it stop 15% into installation, downloading, or completing the updates?
What updates are you trying to install?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windoze-update-keeps-failing-607861.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Dear all nbsp I have a BS with a very old piece of BIOS installed N ET W dated - - nbsp I have been trying to apply all versions of BIOS listed in nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp http support lenovo Carbon X1 failing update to BIOS - com us en products laptops-and-netbooks thinkpad-x-series-laptops thinkpad-x - nbsp in vain as BIOS update software both Windows version and CD-ROM version fails to verify secured flash image nbsp I would appreciate it very much if you kindly suggest any solution nbsp P S nbsp The BIOS installed on my nbsp X Carbon is NOT listed nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp X1 Carbon - failing to update BIOS https download lenovo com ibmdl pub pc pccbbs mobiles n uj w txt nbsp Package nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp UEFI BIOS BIOS ID nbsp ECP ECP ID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Rev nbsp Issue Date-------------------- nbsp ------------------- nbsp --------------- nbsp nbsp ---- nbsp ---------- nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp X1 Carbon - failing to update BIOS nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp For nbsp factory use nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:X1 Carbon - failing to update BIOS

HiPlease, specify, the real lapop model. Machine-Type 20BS belongs the 3rd generation of x1c.Anyway, do you have laptop engineering sample?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-failing-to-update-BIOS/td-p/2151461
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Dell Inspiron E Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium x SP Due to multiple problems I had to format the hard drive and restored the laptop back to factory settings After Vista was installed I installed Norton Internet Security I ran all updates for NIS and then ran Windows Update and it installed over updates without any problems However the security update for KB won't update and shows quot Some updates were not installed Error s found Code Windows Updated encountered an unknown error quot I have tried the following things -I looked through the link for quot Get Help with this error quot but it was not useful -Ran sfc scannow found an error with KB973565 failing Secuirty keeps Update tcpmon ini -Ran Microsoft Fixit amp it said the problem was fixed -Tried to run update again but it failed -Ran DiskCleanup amp tried to run update again -Ran Chkdisk and then tried to run Windows Update again It did install SP along with Office updates but the security update failed -Downloaded amp ran CCleaner Found errors which were corrected Secuirty Update KB973565 keeps failing -Tried to run the update again but it failed -Downloaded KB amp tried to install it manually but it failed -Logged Secuirty Update KB973565 keeps failing in to Safe Mode and tried to manually install KB but received message quot Unable to install in safe mode quot I don't know what else to do at this point The majority of info that I've found online to fix this is the same steps that I listed above which didn't help Please help I need to get this fixed ASAP Regards Marie

A:Secuirty Update KB973565 keeps failing

Hello, from some articles I have read, if you managed to get the SP1 installed, then continue with updates til you have SP2 installed , note : you will need to restart computer often , then just keep on installing updates, The one that won't install now, should be taken care of by other Hot Fixes that you will get along with the SP2.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/294978-secuirty-update-kb973565-keeps-failing.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I got this windows IE9 update 36.7 mb, but no matter what I do the update fails after restore point is created. It seems I got the same problem as here: Update fails with error code 9C48. - Microsoft Answers but it keeps failing. I tried disabling my Avast AV but no luck. Any ideas how to fix this?

A:IE9 W7 64-bit update keeps failing (error 9C48)

Hello mystvearn

Sorry you seem to have been missed. Have you checked the Prerequisites before installing IE9 - Prerequisites for installing Internet Explorer 9 and also here - Troubleshoot problems when you cannot install Internet Explorer 9.
Also run the system file checker just incase there are any system errors - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker.

It may also be worth trying the offline installer from here - Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Windows Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 64-bit Edition and Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit Edition

Regards Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/184627-ie9-w7-64-bit-update-keeps-failing-error-9c48.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Smart Search Results : Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 x86 KB2416447 Installation date &82065&82068&82062011 204 PM Installation status Failed Error details Code 66A Update type Important A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windowsbased system that is running the Microsoft .NET Framework and gain access to information. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item you may have to restart your computer. More information httpgo.microsoft.comfwlinkLinkId202365 Help and Support httpsupport.microsoft.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-install-windows-update-keeps-failing-why.995747/
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm still using XP Pro, SP3, with a P4 CPU @ 1.8 GHz, 2 G of Ram. I recently installed the free trial version of Zone Alarm AV and Firewall. It's been prompting me to update (I thought it did that automatically, oh well), so I clicked on "update" and it starts to download, and fails repeatedly.

A:Zone Alarm update failing

"I recently installed the free trial version of Zone Alarm AV and Firewall"I would uninstall it.Use this.ZoneAlarm Uninstall Tool Downloadhttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/dow...Or this.Antivirus Removerhttp://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/...Or this.Wise Program Uninstaller http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/...http://www.freewarefiles.com/Wise-P...http://www.freewarefiles.com/screen...http://wisecleaner.com/wiseuninstal...This is what I use for XP, it's Free.Baidu Antivirushttp://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivi...http://www.freewarefiles.com/Baidu-...http://www.freewarefiles.com/screen...http://antivirus.baidu.com/en/message edited by Johnw

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/zone-alarm-update-failing/40075.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have tried updating them one-by-one but they still end up failing on me! Help!

A:Updates that are constantly failing to update...

WIN | type SLUI.EXE | ENTER

Make a snippet of the resulting display and upload.

This will let us know if Microsoft thinks that your Win 7 in genuine.

The reason for this is that if the Win 7 is not considered to be genuine then only critical updates will be applied.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/228669-updates-constantly-failing-update.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am unable to get window update to work All of sudden I am receiving the message quot Windows cannot search for updates quot and I get an error message Error Code I have downloaded the Microsoft Fixit msi and that did not solve the problem I have also tried to re-install the latest version of the Windows Update Agent as the Administrator for my machine windowsupdateagent - exe and it fails with the message quot Windows Update Agent Installer Encountered Unrecoverable Error quot I down loaded it again in case I had a bad download and received the same message I tried it in safe mode and received the same message I re-registered all of BITS 80004002 Update Failing Windows with files and the Windows Update files as stated in one of the knowledgebase articles I E this is one example quot regsvr exe atl dll quot there are a total of of these and they must be done at the command prompt Not all are found in Vista I rebooted after all this was done and windows update still did not work I have run out of options and I am looking for assistance to try something else that might work Bob

A:Windows Update Failing with 80004002

Welcome
Not knowing exactly what you tried may I suggest.
Follow the advice in this article
Fix Vista Winodws Update Error Code 80004002 ? My Digital Life

If that does not work try to do a system restore from a few days before the problem.
System Restore - How to
If that does not work, try my first suggestion again. You may have made changes that would cause my first suggetion not to work.

If it still does not work try an SFC command
System Files - SFC Command
If that does not work
Try these suggestions.
How do I reset Windows Update components?
Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2
Cannot Update Windows using Windows Update

As the very last resort post the cbs log from the SFC scan
Upload the CBS Log

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/287694-windows-update-failing-80004002-a.html