Windows Support Forum

Automatic Windows Update installed, now I can't boot into Windows Vista!

Q: Automatic Windows Update installed, now I can't boot into Windows Vista!

Hi everyone I m hoping someone can Update Vista! installed, into Windows boot can't now Windows I Automatic help me out Automatic Windows Update installed, now I can't boot into Windows Vista! with this situation I ve scoured the internet for answers but with no luck so far On I replaced some faulty memory in a laptop that I had not used for ages Due to the fact that I had not used the laptop in a while there were many windows updates that needed installing over Due to the system restarting rebooting to install these updates many system restore points were created Unfortunately after installing one automatic update I restarted but was then unable to boot back into Windows Due to installing uninstalling soooo many updates software a fully-functioning restore point that would have been available was no longer available Since then I have tried running startup repair numerous times with no success startup repair recognises that there is any error but does not what it is and also the repair your computer option with a Windows Vista recovery disk neither have repaired the problem Unfortunately I am unable to login to Windows in any shape or form safe mode won t boot either so I am unable to remove this update With Windows XP I know it is possible to view installed updates and uninstall updates via the command prompt in the recovery environment is this possible with Vista I can t seem to find exactly where the update files are stored in the Windows directory somewhere in C windows softwaredistribution and if yes can you view the dates the updates were installed and what command-line would you need to use to uninstall them Sorry for the long-windedness of the post I hope someone can help as I really want to avoid a re-installation of Windows seeing that it was a Windows Update that caused this problem in the first place Thanks Chris nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Automatic Windows Update installed, now I can't boot into Windows Vista!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Automatic Windows Update installed, now I can't boot into Windows Vista!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-windows-update-installed-now-i-cant-boot-into-windows-vista.1044172/
Relevancy 79.55%

Last night i restarted my laptop so windows can install the updates it logged me off and installed the updates and the restarted i then when on and waited while it booted up i sat there for about minutes before i decided to restart the computer it was stalling on the windows boot load splash screen then after that it kept on stalling on the boot screen i tried the factory restore option and it loaded and the froze on the first screen and the loading windows files screen it was a black screen with just a mouse arrow even tried reinstalling threw with the windows dvd disk and it would continuously load and restart so i decided to install linex threw my usb drive but automatic 8 update Windows boot wont after the drive wouldnt boot so i just turned it off and back on after that the windows disk decided to boot up and the disk actually loaded and i chose the repair option and decided to reset windows clean reinstall the screen said please wait and after about minutes the computer said can not find a valid partition any ideas how to get it working or will i Windows 8 wont boot after automatic update need to buy a new hard drive

A:Windows 8 wont boot after automatic update

try MBR repair, were you dual booting? Did you try safe mode and uninstall the update ?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/10140-windows-8-wont-boot-after-automatic-update.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello all,

I have a Toshiba NB305-00F netbook. I was allowing someone else to use it and Windows began to update automatically. Next I knew, I looked over and the screen was blank, but the power light was still on. I held the power button until it turned off and attempted to turn it on again. Same result with a blank screen. My next test was plugging it into an external monitor. Nothing came up. Currently, I'm just letting the battery run out. I truly have no idea what to do next to troubleshoot. It previously had no problems. Thank you in advance.

Thank you in advance.

A:[SOLVED] No Boot After Automatic Windows Update

UNPLUG THE LAPTOP
REMOVE THE BATTERY HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON FOR ABOUT 30 SECONDS TO 2 MINUTES
THEN PUT THE BATTERY BACK IN
START IT UP..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-no-boot-after-automatic-windows-update-690788.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Am totally locked out of Windows Vista Machine following
Windows Automatic Update.
Nothing works.
Help!

A:Windows Automatic Update Has Crashed Vista laptop. Help!

Laptop manufacturer and model?

Can you boot into safe mode?

Can you enter the BIOS?

Why do you say...Windows Automatic Update is responsible for your situation?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500005/windows-automatic-update-has-crashed-vista-laptop-help/
Relevancy 78.69%

Had just downloaded auto update for .net framework on 3.07.13.
System totally locked.
Help.
Safe mode OK.

A:[SOLVED] Vista Crash After Windows Automatic Update.

Just perform a system restore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vista-crash-after-windows-automatic-update-701589.html
Relevancy 76.54%

can I dual boot windows vista on a pre-installed windows 8.1

Samsung notebook model: NP300E5C-A08SA

A:dual boot windows vista on a pre-installed windows 8.1

yes you can, as long as it is on it's own partition or disk

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/64551-dual-boot-windows-vista-pre-installed-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 76.11%

To start thanks for reading my final attempt for help I've got an HP laptop that came with Vista without the discs of course Set to do the automatic updates and it just went automatic was update an boot won't after Vista performed through doing one the other night Service pack I think After installing when it went to reboot Vista didn't load and instead it went to a screen saying corrupt file can't start windows insert Vista disc and reboot So I'm thinking would be nice if they had given me the discs I look online for awhile came across some iso files on the Neosmart Site Since I don't know what version of Vista I'm running I thought I'd try both version files that they have Both loaded up but then when getting to the screen to do a system restore it would say this was not version for what my laptop was running and wouldn't go any further So I decided to shell out the cash and purchased the HP recovery discs from Future Shop where I bought the laptop This loaded up fine but Vista won't boot after an automatic update was performed in attempting to do the system restore it showed that there were no restore Vista won't boot after an automatic update was performed points to go back to which I don't understand as I thought the default was to automatically create restore points on a regular basis As a result my only option from these discs would be to do a full recover meaning I lose everything on the laptop and of course I have nothing backed up and don't want to do this I also tried F F as I read about that on other sites but nothing happens Does anyone have any ideas I can try Maybe this has happened to you and you've got a perfect solution Thanks

A:Vista won't boot after an automatic update was performed

You could use any version of Linux in a LIVE CD format or an Ultimate Boot CD to access and transfer your files:http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ You could also purchase an external hard drive case and attach it to another computer and save your stuff that wayhttp://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?...N82E16817816003

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216910/vista-wont-boot-after-an-automatic-update-was-performed/
Relevancy 75.25%

HELP I am having an issue after Win updated Logged off my machine and noticed that it was installing an update So far the updates have been flawless but when I went to turn on my computer Thursday morning no boot Ran Startup repair a couple of times and got gt Problem event Name Startup Repair gt Problem Signature gt Problem Signature gt Problem Signature unknown gt Problem Signature gt Problem Signature AutoFailover gt Problem Signature gt Problem Signature NoRootCause gt Os version gt Local ID Tried booting from Win CD and doing repair as well - no luck Tried doing an F Dell and doing hardware diagnostics - no problems found Tried doing a system restore to a time earlier about weeks and finally got it to boot into the opening quot fireflies quot and the next screen however the next screen was black and only contained the ease-of-access the quot Windows Home Premium quot text and the shutdown options I could not log in Unfortunately I have client files on this computer as part time I do graphics illustrations and windows installed boot update to after Unable web design I am extremely frustrated Rick

A:Unable to boot after windows update installed

You can download a Linux rescue disk and retrieve your files if need be. Please read this information SystemRescueCd

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/97951-unable-boot-after-windows-update-installed.html
Relevancy 74.82%

the main thing is each and every install nbsp windows update just searches forever and nothing happens after diagnostic tool it says Datastore edb is corrupted and cant be repaired and each time it download the corrupted Datastore edb can they at leats give a proper service pack for windows nbsp bit ultimate that is then uptodate with working windows update that works after a direct standalone install of sp i use windows update pack windows windows it bit update installed and but in has after Windows out 7 new corrpedted Datastore.edb! ultimate retail and allways downloaded 1 it 64 service bugs ultimate bit and i reinstalled the system allready nbsp times each and every time the same problame that Datastore edb is corrupted and windows update just gets stuck i how you can either releasse a service pack so that windows update works again after a direct install of service pack or a windows update that doesnt use data store cause its yepp Not working i use a amd core with a amd hd readon and gb ram both asus motherboard and grafic as it is now windows update is with windows service pack not useable sincierly Christian Madjari

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/72b8be3b-5ea6-44bc-b1bd-200fa8fb7ec6/windows-update-in-windows-7-64-bit-ultimate-retail-bugs-out-after-service-pack-1-and-it-downloaded?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 74.39%

Problem:

I installed windows seven and it boots up automatically without giving me the option to boot into my old vista partition.

Background:

I am sure this is something simple, but I can't get it working.
I had vista installed and I used partition magic to repartition my hard drive on my laptop.
I made the new partition come before my old partition, because I wanted windows 7 to be my primary eventually.

I think it may have someting to do with making the vista partition active, but I am notentirely sure how to do that, so if you can help me out i would really appreciate it, Thanks!

A:Installed windows seven, Now can't boot to vista.

Ok, so I did the commands in this post, except I changed the "XP" to "Vista" and it shows vista but it will not boot, it says I need to insert my vista disk..

Do I need to do that? Or is there something wrong in those commands?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/10378-installed-windows-seven-now-cant-boot-vista.html
Relevancy 73.96%

old hard drive failed replaced new hard drive ran all the discs everything installed fine but windows update wont run it a hp 6422uk windows vista 32 bit any advice on this close to chucking it out and buying new pc

A:windows vista wont update after new hard drive installed

Is the Vista installation activated as per M$ standard routine. Is the updater app the latest version?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/windows-vista-wont-update-after-new-hard-drive-installed/13806.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all. My Acer laptop which is an Aspire 5570-2977, model number, ZR1, won't load Vista anymore after installing a Windows Update. The computer goes through all the normal motions: shows the boot screen, shows Vista loading, but then it goes to a blue screen and displays the error code, 0x0000C1F5 .

I did some Google searches and it seems the only fixes there are will result in major data loss. The fix is either to re-install Vista or replace the hard drive itself.

I have too much data (i.e. photos, videos, files, etc.) on the disk to simply forget about all of it. Is there any possibility I can resolve this issue another way or at least find a way to retrieve the data first and then re-install Vista?

Thank you for any suggestions!

Relevancy 69.23%

hi all,

I just installed new updates yesterday on my HP Pavillion a6712f desktop, and after I installed it, I was not able to reboot my machine. The farthest it goes is the blue screen with the HP and Intel logos, in the first seconds of the restart.

None of the F-function keys will work. I tried to use the re-installation DVDs, but it won't work either.

I am desperate. Please HELP.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/291950-vista-wont-boot-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Saturday Dec I installed some automatic updates and now I am having problems I have Windows XP and OE Now if I click on a link in an email for example a new window does NOT open up taking me to the site whereas before the updates when Get No Automatic Now Installed 'windows'/screens Updates; New I clicked on a link it did take me to the site Second example when Ebay send me an email with things on my watch list before I would click on the item and a window would open up to the items page This does not happen anymore I can t even print cuz it requires another screen window to pop-up Its like I ve Installed Automatic Updates; Now Get No New 'windows'/screens got the BEST pop-up blocker in the world Every time I click on something that should open up to a site I get an error message and IE closes down asking me if I want to send the error message to Microsoft I have tried to System Restore to different dates amp times at least dozen times and it won t work Do I need to uninstall the last updates and if so how do I do that I ve been to the Microsoft website but again when I click on something that sounds right to help me I get an error message cuz it requires a new window to open A friend of my daugthter s told me to install Mozilla so at least now I can be on the internet I can t do that anymore from IE it won t open Can someone help me Give me some suggestions ideas etc Thanks

A:Installed Automatic Updates; Now Get No New 'windows'/screens

Do you have an antivirus/antispyware program on your PC?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76693/installed-automatic-updates;-now-get-no-new-windowsscreens/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi Guys
After Installing Windows SP1 update My system will not boot up. I have tried system restore without success.
When I tried to boot from a downloaded system disk I get an error 0x80070002.
Any help will be greatly appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-wont-boot-after-sp-1-update.951282/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a Windows Vista Home Premium desktop computer I recently SP1 Windows after attempt? not boot will Vista update just attempted to update to Service Pack However something Windows Vista will not boot after SP1 update attempt? went wrong It went through the installation fine until the very end where I received some sort of error I did some reading and apparently there is an issue with the update itself I cannot even boot Vista up at all Not even in any type of safe mode I inserted my Recovery Disk not installation disk I lost mine besides formatting is not an option for me as I have VERY important school files on my hard drive and nothing seems to work It just goes on an endless loop After the so called quot recovery quot attempt I just try to boot up and I get the same issue The loading bar just continues to keep going endlessly or it attempts to finish installing SP I have exhausted everything in my power to fix this issue I have tried booting in safe mode which will not work at all I have tried a system restore but it only gives me the option to restore it the the very moment I tried installing SP and it won't even work I left it alone all night hours and came back in the morning and it was still trying to quot finalize quot the system restore I have tried command prompt through the recovery disk to attempt to fix it using an online tutorial That did not work either Nothing seems to work and as I said I do not have my windows vista installation disk that came with my computer It has been lost in a move What am I to do If you suggest something chances are I have tried it but forgot to mention it I really am at my wits end and don't know what to do Please help me Apparently this has been an issue for many people due to microsoft not knowing what they are doing I just want to stop the installation from trying to continue and remove it from my system totally I cant even get into the standard C drive windows command prompt because I cant even boot into safe mode

A:Windows Vista will not boot after SP1 update attempt?

why are you only now updating to vista sp1 ?

sp1 has been around for a long time/have you just recently bought this machine/most machines now come preinstalled vista sp1/sp2

can you post the make and model of your pc,and what nation it was purchased

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-vista-will-not-boot-after-sp1-update-attempt-530978.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello everyone I'm brand new to the forum and I've got a huge problem Vista Ultimate x SP fails to boot after the latest round of Windows updates Here is a list of the updates that I just applied Security Update KB Security Update KB Update for Microsoft Windows KB Update for Microsoft Windows KB Update for Microsoft Windows KB Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack SP Security Update Office KB Security Update Office KB Security Update Excel KB Security Update PowerPoint KB Security Update Publisher KB Security Update Office KB Security Update Office KB Security Update Word KB Security Update Outlook KB Security Update Outlook After Update Vista Windows Boot Doesn't HELP! - Junk Email Filter KB After restarting my system everything seemed fine I went under my desk to move some cables around and then noticed that my PC had actually powered off by itself Unfortunately this means that I was unable to see what the PC was doing prior to this I immediately turned the system back on only to find that Vista displays the loading bar followed by a black screen that doesn't go away The only thing I can do at this point is to hit the reset switch Now I've tried to repair my installation but after inserting the Vista disc and allowing the Vista files to load a similar thing happens The blue green Vista background is displayed and I can see a mouse cursor but everything just stops here There are no further prompts and I just sit there fuming Before you ask I already turned off System Restore after installing Vista the first time sob Everything was completely rock solid prior to this so I think one of the updates broke my system I'm guessing its one of the non-security non-Office-related ones I can boot Vista Doesn't Boot After Windows Update - HELP! into safe mode OK but that's it Vista refuses to start up normally I cannot remove any updates from safe mode either Can someone please help I'm out of ideas UPDATE I managed to uninstall the first five updates in safe mode Security Update KB Security Update KB Update for Microsoft Windows KB Update for Microsoft Windows KB Update for Microsoft Windows KB However the other updates seem to require Windows Installer which cannot be started in safe mode The problem still persists and I cannot boot into Vista normally HELP

A:Vista Doesn't Boot After Windows Update - HELP!

It might not have anything to do with the updates.

Maybe, you had a dodgy power cable or it wasn't seated securely and that turned off the system while you were fiddling under your desk. If it powered off when Vista was applying the updates it could have caused a corrupt system file.

Btw, I have accidentally shut off the system by moving a cable - it can be done alarmingly easily.

If you have no restores / back up points and repair doesn't work I can only suggest a reformat and re-installation. But, hold on a bit as other forum users may have a better solution for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/180160-vista-doesnt-boot-after-windows-update-help.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep I was waken up at am by the boot failure signal of my computer I had no idea how to stop the siren-like Update Failure boot a after Windows VISTA to right warcry of the failure until my computer took me to the restore Failure to boot right after a Windows VISTA Update feature seconds later That s where the cycle of my awakened nightmare began I have tried various dates to restore the computer to but the same thing happened after I restarted my computer after various so called quot successful quot restorations In the end I have tried to restore my computer back to the original factory Failure to boot right after a Windows VISTA Update setting However the continuous beeps persisted and all applications started to flash and swagger by changing its size and position perpetually This happened on the routine update time for my Windows I wasn t running any programs at that time I m sure the computer Failure to boot right after a Windows VISTA Update was restarted by the Windows Update This happened on the night before the Wrath of the Lich King expansion was released Yes I m an avid WoW player I don t have a Restore CD and I m not willing to spend a motherlode of money to get my computer fixed by professionals Help me people gt lt nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failure-to-boot-right-after-a-windows-vista-update.769242/
Relevancy 68.37%

Yesterday I installed the trial version of Windows Live OneCare on my computer. I happen to be running Windows Vista Home Premium. After installation I noticed in the taskbar that the OneCare icon was red and opened it up to see what needed to be tended to. It turned out to be that the Windows Automatic Update was turned off, so I proceeded to turn it back on and the icon turned green.

Not more than 5 minutes later I noticed the icon was red again and checked once more to see that once again Windows Automatic Update was turned off, so again I turned it back on. This has happened numerous times without me doing anything, so my question is why or how is my Automatic Updates turning itself off?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

P. S. If a HijackThis log is needed, please let me know.

A:Windows Automatic Update turning off after Windows OneCare installation

I'm sorry but as far as I am aware the Vista version of OneCare is still in beta (meaning they're not done working on it yet, it's still being tested):

"http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm" New: Windows Vista users, try the beta edition of the scanner, just for Windows Vista.

Beta Edition is located here: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm

and this is apparently the location for OneCare Vista when it becomes available: http://get.live.com/windowsvista/onecare

Partie?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-automatic-update-turning-off-after-windows-onecare-installation-142381.html
Relevancy 68.37%

HelloDear friendsMy system has the following characteristicsMotherboard asuss x99 pro3.1cpu6850250 gigssd evo850 samsungquadro k1200I've installed Windows 10 but reaparing automatic message after Windows was used several timesI installed Windows again.But the message came back after a weekAnd دnow I can not install any WindowsWhat is wrong?I did everything that was related softwareAnd I BIOS updated 

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158403.0.html
Relevancy 67.51%

The last time I shut down Ultimate x Vista informed me that fixes were waiting to be installed all downloaded automatically from Windows Update It took much longer than I would have thought no idea what it was actually doing but probably took at least mins to install all however when I rebooted something very good happened I have been running Ultimate for a year and the first months or so were fine Startup and shutdown were both relatively quick startup time around automatic installed 9 Latest update fixes... seconds However for the last Latest automatic update installed 9 fixes... months or so startup time has been very very long I tried everything I could think of to change this but after the green-cylon-eye going across the screen Vista would go black for mins or more before finally showing the login screen After the latest fixes startup time is much faster Does anyone know what these latest fixes were for Were they generalized for all Vista users Latest automatic update installed 9 fixes... or did I just get lucky How can I narrow it down to figure out which one was the kicker I checked my Events viewer MainPathBootTime is now ms secs Prior to these fixes my MainPathBootTime was averaging secs and BootTime was secs or more I'll have to keep rebooting to ensure I maintain the sec boot but this is the fastest boot by far in the last months Any ideas Thanks DD

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/197578-latest-automatic-update-installed-9-fixes.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello folks - first post so you have my apologies if I don t quite get the format correct I did a search for this problem and didn t Disabled box flashing/Automatic Update command Windows Update find anything - my apologies again if this type of problem has already been addressed First of all I m running Windows Vista Ultimate with SP bit on a Dell Latitude D with GHz processor and GB RAM A short while back a command box has been flashing every twenty or thirty seconds with a heading having something to do with Windows Update Windows Update command box flashing/Automatic Update Disabled from what I can read the cmd box comes and goes very quickly This came with a Windows Security alert saying that the Windows Automatic Updates were disabled When I attempted to re-enable automatic updates I got the message Window Title Windows Security Center Main Instruction Security Center can t change your automatic updating settings Content Change settings manuallyWhen I attempt to change the settings manually I get the error Window Title EC - AEA- -A DD- B D EEF DB- AD- E -AD - Windows Update command box flashing/Automatic Update Disabled E F C F pageSettings Content Windows cannot find EC - AEA- -A DD- B D EEF DB- AD- E -AD - E F C F pageSettings Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again OK I looked up the error messages online and found a variety of explanations from quot this is a Windows error quot to quot this is a backdoor trojan quot My first instinct was that it was a virus so I ran a full Symantec Scan ran a Bazooka Scan and ran one other full scan that was suggested by another forum I ve deleted the program since and found nothing to fix I then turned my attention to the quot it s a windows update theory quot and tried installing the Windows Update Manager tried manually re-registering the updater dlls and tried stopping then re-registering the same dlls I managed to register the following dllsregsvr wuapi dllregsvr wuaueng dllregsvr wuaueng dllregsvr wucltui dllregsvr wups dllregsvr wuweb dllThis dll failed however with this message regsvr wups dll Window Title RegSvr Content The module quot wups dll quot may not compatible with the version of Windows that you re running Check if the module is compatible with an x -bit or x -bit version of regsvr exe OK After a few hours of digging around with nothing to show for it the command prompt continued to show up and the updater doesn t work these fixes and a reboot I left the PC when I returned the command prompt was up with something similar to this error message my sister closed it before I could copy it down exactly bit MS-DOS Subsystemwuauclt exeThe NTVD CPU has encountered an illegal instruction Choose Close to terminate the applicationThe error message also had something similar to this code but it was not this code - I believe it ended in a lot of f s in a row if that helps CS IP a OP f d d At this time I m also finding that my Firefox is crashing with quot illegal operations quot - This is not my main issue but perhaps it ll provide a clue This info is making me lean more heavily towards it being a trojan I have run HijackThis and have a log to post - please let me know if it would be a good idea to head over to that forum area as well My apologies for the long post and in some cases spotty information and my great thanks for those who read and respond

A:Windows Update command box flashing/Automatic Update Disabled

Forgot to mentiion that when I try to manually use Windows Update, windows explorer flashes up for a fraction of a second, closes, and nothing happens.

I have the WindowsUpdate Log file saved for the past few days - there is a -ton- of information on it, but I don't get anything terribly usseful from it - let me know if I should post any of it.

Thanks again!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182661/windows-update-command-box-flashingautomatic-update-disabled/
Relevancy 66.22%

Dear Experts I have a problem with getting windows update and to enable it in automatic modeI bought this computer in Dell Inspiron with Microsoft Windows XP Home reinstallation Windows of after Automatic windows No update- XP- Edition- version - Serivce pack Processor Intel reg Pentium reg CPU GHz GB of RAMTill last week I had no problem I was using o broadband in UK which has McAfee as No Automatic windows update- after reinstallation of Windows XP- antivirus in it Last week when No Automatic windows update- after reinstallation of Windows XP- I tried to download some movies through google- it No Automatic windows update- after reinstallation of Windows XP- took me through a different website which was reported by McAfee as problematic- immediately i closed that browser I didnt manually download anything from that website Within half an hour i started getting annoying popups- usually comes in bunch of or internet explorer windows i usually use firefox as my default browser This kept on happening for the next hours I scanned my computer and all files with mcAfee which identifed some viruses and i removed them But even after restarting the same problem of opening of different IE windows happened - they are either antivirus software or some other spyware programmes First Installation So I reinstalled my windows XP through my installation but i cant remember whether I installed the driver in the same order as recommemended in Completing the reinstallation of windows XP in the website But i managed to enable my internet after installation I had problem in getting the windows update- whenever I go to windows update page- it redirected me to msn home page So now i concentrated more on the reinstalling windows XP article took step by step approach installation of XP software followed by drivers I manually downloaded the drivers from the dell website as suggested i also have the resource tool CD Second Reinstallation So within the next hours I reinstalled the windows XP but this time in the same sequential order as suggested by the article After the installation of the drivers I noticed that i could directly able to access the internet without installing the o CD in my first reinstall process i have to install the o broadband setup CD to access internet Anyhow i manually installed the o broadband CD I visited the windows update session but it comes with this error Since then whenever i tried to visit this website it came with this error ERROR Error number x DDD The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running Automatic Updates allows the site to find download and install high-priority updates for your computer Background Intelligent Transfer Service BITS helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted Event Log keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting if needed To make sure these services are running Click Start and then click Run Type services msc and then click OK In the list of services double-click on Automatic Updates and then click Properties In the Startup type list select Automatic and click Apply Verify that the Service status is started if the Service Status is Stopped click on the Start Button In the list of services double-click on Background Intelligent Transfer Service BITS and then click Properties In the Startup type list select Manual and click Apply Verify that the Service status is started If the Service Status is Stopped click on the Start Button In the list of services double-click on Event Log and then click Properties In the Startup type list select Automatic and click Apply Verify that the Service status is started If the Service Status is Stopped click on the Start Button As suggested by this help menu i tried changing the Automatic Updates setting through the Services After completing the step and while doing step- that while tring to start theservice status after making the startup status as automa... Read more

A:No Automatic windows update- after reinstallation of Windows XP-

Try Dial-a-fix:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/160132/how-to-use-dial-a-fix-to-repair-windows-internals-problems/Be sure to tick the box that says Fix Windows Updates

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/185531/no-automatic-windows-update-after-reinstallation-of-windows-xp/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey guys I am boot Windows Windows dual 8 Black up. 8 installed, Screen! boot won't having an issue when installing the consumer preview So I downloaded the W iso off of Microsoft's site I burned it to a Windows 8 dual boot installed, Windows 8 won't boot up. Black Screen! DVD with GB free of storage I even bought a new set of DVDs Anyways I downloaded the iso I downloaded the USB DVD download tool there I burned my iso to the DVD So I then create a partition on my computer I gave the new partition GB of storage I rebooted my computer pressed F and access the burned DVD So I click custom installation and I install the new OS onto the partition with GB I named it the partition Windows so I wouldn't get confused I clicked it and installed Windows onto it Anyways once it extracts the data and installs all Windows 8 dual boot installed, Windows 8 won't boot up. Black Screen! the Windows 8 dual boot installed, Windows 8 won't boot up. Black Screen! updates my computer screen goes black for a few seconds Then it load's the fish icon and then goes black It loads nothing and it just stays there I have tried using the startup repair and it cannot fix it I decided to reinstall the OS but format the partition and then install It does the same exact thing Anyways how do I get rid of the black screen Windows won't boot up I allowed a dual boot by the way so I still have windows but I really want to try Windows I followed this guide if anyone was wondering

A:Windows 8 dual boot installed, Windows 8 won't boot up. Black Screen!

I'm having similar issues with Vista and W8. I put W8 on an empty and freshly created partition.
I can get W8 to run but then on every restart or reboot I can not get back to Vista from the "blue dual boot screen". I select Vista as the OS, the laptop goes to the Acer splash screen and then the screen goes black and the HDD light goes off completely. And that's it. Have to do a forced shutdown holding power button and then on next reboot it will go to Vista.
Fortunately I have full Acronis disk images so I can just revert back to before all this but like you I really want to try W8.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/4556-windows-8-dual-boot-installed-windows-8-wont-boot-up-black-screen.html
Relevancy 65.36%

After closing the lid on my studio WINDOWS VISTA I tried to restart it but to no avail I get this message after trying to boot windows Stop c a fatal system error The session manager failed to create prefixes system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc a x x The system has been shut down After researching a bit I realized what may have happened I remember awhile before it stopped working the quot update windows quot Windows boot fail c000021a, Stop: Update wont My Vista. Comp window on my lower right that said it would restart in a couple mins Then I clicked postpone hrs and that hrs may have occured during the duration i closed the lid I read from another forum that when you interrupt windows while updating hibernation sleep close the lid you'll receive this error at least someone else on here experienced this problem My Comp wont boot Windows Vista. Stop: c000021a, Update fail AND havent yet been resolved I tried system restore couldnt get to the page with the image restore etc because it goes to a blank screen last known good settings safe mode diagnostic AND I EVEN TRIED TO FORMAT IT WITH THE OPERATING SYSTEM REINSTALLATION DVD using run dvd on f but all that happened was that it took me back to My Comp wont boot Windows Vista. Stop: c000021a, Update fail dell booting screen where after waiting awhile goes into a blank screen with a cursor OR IS THIS NOT THE CORRECT WAY TO FORMAT THIS IS THE SAME PROBLEM http en community dell com forums cs amp s dhs is experiencing and I dont believe his harddrive is broken Then after running hardware diagnostic i get the error code F which is the can read replace disk or remove write protection WHICH IS THE SAME ERROR I GOT ABOUT THREE MONTHES AGO AND HAD MY HARD DRIVE REPLACED WHILE IT WAS UNDER WARRANTY THAT ENDED SO NO MORE WARRANTY SO I quot M PRETTY SURE THIS HARD DRIVE IS MONTHES OLD refurb so i dont think thats the problem I think the problem is in the registry and corrupt updated file CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG AND PLEASE HELP ALSO WHAT HARDDRIVE BRAND CONFIGURATION SHOULD I LOOK FOR IF ITS FAULTY

A:My Comp wont boot Windows Vista. Stop: c000021a, Update fail

Please see this MS KB --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/my-comp-wont-boot-windows-vista-stop-c000021a-update-fail-468193.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Here's the HiJackThis log Please help Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP update! can't Can't stay XP Windows to Automatic for Update get on, WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech Bluetooth LBTSERV EXEC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files RegCure RegCure exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Can't get Automatic Update for Windows XP to stay on, can't update! Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC Program Files Hotspot Shield HssWPR hsssrv exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System StkASv K exeC WINDOWS System StkSrv K exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files Anonymizer Anonymizer Software Common AnonMgmtSvc exeC WINDOWS system fxssvc exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC WINDOWS Can't get Automatic Update for Windows XP to stay on, can't update! system Rundll exeC Program Files Creative VoiceCenter AndreaVC exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files dvd dvd tray exeC DOCUME KEVINB LOCALS Temp clclean C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Google Quick Search Box GoogleQuickSearchBox exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeC Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exeC Program Files Anonymizer Anonymizer Software Anonymizer exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files Anonymizer Anonymizer Software common AnonProxy exeC Program Files MSN MSNCoreFiles msn exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Documents and Settings Kevin Bluxome Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE F X H hijackthis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Def... Read more

A:Can't get Automatic Update for Windows XP to stay on, can't update!

Hello imphrmd,Sorry about the delay. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/240987/cant-get-automatic-update-for-windows-xp-to-stay-on-cant-update/
Relevancy 65.36%

Windows update Having noticed that no Automatic Updates have been sent for a while I Update Windows Automatic went to the Microsoft Update site using Explorer to download whatever I may not have received and manually install same After Microsoft runs the Check to see what s missing or words to that effect Windows Automatic Update I click on the EXPRESS get high-priority updates recommended button That brings up this message Error number x EFD The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view The options provided below might help you solve the problem Running through the Options provided leaves me totally in the dark Then I did some searching and found this site Microsoft Discussion Groups Home Communities Home Communities Worldwide Error number x EFD auto update wont work in Windows Update There I found this answer by one of the many that seem to have the same problem quot This will work Got it from another member ------------------------------------------------------------------- This is how I set Norton firewall so I can download updates and keep the firewall on-- In Internet Access Control go onto Microsoft Generic Host Process for Win Services if it isn t already there then add it by browsing for C WINDOWS system svchost exe select Modify Customize Internet Access or this application OK Add and add the following - Action Permit Internet Access Connections to and from other computers Computers Only the computers and sites listed below - Single Address - v windowsupdate microsoft com Communications What protocols TCP and UDP What types of communications or ports do you want to permit Only the types listed below remote http port remote https port Description Generic Host Proc - Windows Update or call it anything else you like NB re TCP and UDP - some sites say you only need TCP but I found you need both got port numbers from www jsiinc com SUBQ tip rh Windows Automatic Update htm Then go into Internet Explorer Windows Automatic Update Tools Internet Options Security highlight Trusted Sites click on Sites and in quot Add this Web site to the zone quot enter https v windowsupdate microsoft com NB https and important uncheck quot Require server verification https for all sites in this zone quot Tried the above on their own but found that both were necessary Log out of Windows account and back in or reboot for changes to take effect Hope this works for you too quot I do not use Norton firewall and even if I did I am not sure I would know how to run through all the info this chap gives but use Comodo Have contacted or tried to Comodo but so far no answer The Belarc Advisor tells me that these four items have not been found Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Critical Any ideas what my problem is and how to resolve it Still running W K Karingal nbsp

A:Windows Automatic Update

Try this link;
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836941
I use comodo v.2.4 on all 6 of my PC's and never once got that error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-automatic-update.747923/
Relevancy 65.36%

Greetings I have several computers with completely different setup and configuration I m always Update Windows Automatic formatting and installing everything from scratch including downloading all updates My goal is the following - gt Use Windows Update Site to find which updates a computer needs Automatic Windows Update but not downloading - gt Download only the updates that are not in a specified directory or drive and add them to the directory - gt Install automatically the required updates from a specified directory or drive This way I could avoid downloading repeteadly the same updates Is there any software that can help me to Automatic Windows Update this How can I download only the files the computer needs that are not present in a certain directory How can I install automatically updates already on the hard drive I guess this should be a common problem I hope it has some kind of straightfoward solution without need to write a big complicated html c parser or something like that Thanks beforehand Pedro Automatic Windows Update Vaz nbsp

A:Automatic Windows Update

A free program called Autopatcher may be what you are looking for. It contains all updates and is upgraded each month. It will do no harm to check it out here.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/AutoPatcher-XP.shtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-windows-update.451839/
Relevancy 65.36%

Approx two weeks ago I get an icon yellow lozenge on my System Tray showing that Windows Automatic Updates are ready for download I clicked on this icon to open the Automatic Updates window I clicked on quot Express Install quot to download them and found that approximately different updates were available The process begun installing them one after the other When it reached the th update update the process stopped and the PC freeze I tried the second update option i e quot Custom Install quot I checked all the boxes related to all the updates except in the box for the update process ran smoothly and ended successfully installing all the checked updates Now I have still this icon on my System Tray with this particular upgrade only one waiting to be downloaded I tried to do so using above process or directly from the package http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId B C Update Automatic Windows - D - F-AE -B BE D amp displaylang en but each Windows Automatic Update time the process start running and when it was approximately completed at of it according to the progress bar - the green process bar was at the of Windows Automatic Update its path the PC freeze I am running XP Pro with SP and had no problem either installing it some years ago or repairing it eight months ago Why all the updates have been successfully installed except this one

A:Windows Automatic Update

According to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885626, 885626 is SP2 for Windows XP. Is this what you're trying to put into WinNT? Or is the same number used for something else in NT?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76247/windows-automatic-update/
Relevancy 65.36%

okay for some reason I can't get the update to stay in the ON position. I switch it into the on condition and the next reboot has it back off. I installed NAV and it warns me and has a fix button. I click on the fix now and it still stays off. Why is it stuck and how do I fix it?

A:windows automatic update

the following may work. it was found here. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/ballew_04january12.mspx

Configure Automatic Updates
Microsoft lists turning on the Automatic Updates feature as one of the three important steps to protect your PC. You can easily configure Automatic Updates to look for updates automatically each time you go online. With that done, you have to make a sincere effort to log on for a few hours each week, and give the computer a chance to catch up or remain updated.

In Windows XP, you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group to modify Automatic Updates settings. Here's how to configure Automatic Updates:

Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.

On the Automatic Updates tab, select the Keep my computer up to date check box.

Under Settings, select an option. I suggest Download the updates automatically and notify me when they are ready to be installed, as shown in Figure 2. Then click OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-automatic-update.464885/
Relevancy 65.36%

I`m reinstalling a w2k OS and thought Id give the windows update automatic versiona try. Its been sitting at downloading updates 22% for an hour or more and using 90-99% of the cpu time every time I check it. Very difficult to do anything on the pc. Cant do a thing with the icon in the systray like change settings. Doesnt apprar to be a way to uninstall it . Manual updating all the fixes,patches, etc has been faster. Its using a 768dsl connection and a 3ghz processor with 468mb ram. Is this thing acting right? Should I call it a night and hope its finished in the morning?
definitely not hung- up to 26% now- just very slooooow I guess

A:Windows update automatic

Well, I don't know what service pack leve you installed at so it may need to install alot of fixes. Did you download SP4 first and load that before running Windows Update thru the web.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-automatic.677809/
Relevancy 65.36%

the windows automatic update has turned off. there is this red shield icon on the system tray. if I try to turn it on in the security center a dialogue box appears. I dont know how to paste it here .. well, it says that security center cannot change this settings , do it manually, by going to system in control panel. please help me

A:windows automatic update..please help

I need more information: operating system? sp? what type of pc is this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-automatic-update-please-help-305406.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I am having problems keeping the service for this at either disabled/manual.

Everytime I switch off my PC this service comes up as auto and started.

regardless of how many times I set it to disabled/manual.

I dont want it automatically, I want to decide what and when I want to.

cheers

J

A:windows automatic update - help

(BUMP)

anyone ????????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-automatic-update-help.319172/
Relevancy 65.36%

My computer keeps trying to update itself every time it is turned on. The problem is that it can never finish the update and turns off then re-starts. This has been going on for about 1 week and I can never get past the update page, not even to log in. Does anyone have any advice?

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi Firstly thanks for your help I have a problem with windows installed 3045999 not KB but Windows installed update update kb It has caused a lot of problems on my system with programs not loaded after booting eg notepad IE etc return error code The application Windows update KB 3045999 installed but not installed was unable to start xc I understand Windows update KB 3045999 installed but not installed that this is a known error and many have posted about it online I Windows update KB 3045999 installed but not installed can reboot my computer a number of times and eventually the programmes will work as normal however that is a bit of a pain From reading online it appears the way to fix the problem is to uninstall the update I thought I had done that but the error kept happening I then had the idea of reinstalling the update and uninstalling again in-case it did not uninstall correctly however when I try to install the update it advises me that it is already installed and when I try to uninstall it using the wusa uninstall command I am advised that the update is not installed Any ideas on what to do Thanks Michael

A:Windows update KB 3045999 installed but not installed

From your CheckSUR log...

Code:
Checking Component Store
(f) CSI Missing Deployment Key 0x00000000 a6562cfa922..6d6096de0b7_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18846_16108e677bb01de8 HKLM\Components\CanonicalData\Deployments
(f) CSI Missing Deployment Key 0x00000000 170aef91da5..bcd5a4992f7_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18846_07b81509db0ef196 HKLM\Components\CanonicalData\Deployments
(f) CSI Missing Deployment Key 0x00000000 08820e22142..fc0a4cf716f_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18846_21db2236a64375c9 HKLM\Components\CanonicalData\Deployments
(f) CSI Missing Deployment Key 0x00000000 b6953ce718e..9aa86774558_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18846_b7417b0549aa5f1d HKLM\Components\CanonicalData\Deployments

Summary:
Seconds executed: 3601
Found 4 errors
CSI Missing Deployment Key Total count: 4
I need to have a look at your COMPONENTS registry hive

Please copy the C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS file (no extension) to your desktop and then compress it - upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site (preferably Dropbox or OneDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/375497-windows-update-kb-3045999-installed-but-not-installed.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello my computer has been dead for the last few days so to speak For Update (?) and on wrong - drive Windows Error installed Windows BSOD two days ago I turned Windows Error and BSOD - Windows Update installed on wrong drive (?) on my computer - it started up just like any other day I saw the Desktop and bang blue screen of death This has not happened since I installed Windows on my new SSD Harddisk I'm running with two disks one SSD for Windows and a HDD for everything else so I simply started my computer again My computer worked just fine last weekend no problems at all I had a Windows Update and then this happened During the set-up it stopped after the Motherboard-image - I had to chose between starting Windows Normal or repair it Starting Windows normally does not help - it just give me BSOD right before or right after hitting the desktop Sometimes even before the Welcome-screen So choosing to repair Windows during the setup is the only thing I can do By doing so Windows searches for errors I get the following error codes x x and some with f's Today and yesterday I only got x which apparently stands for 'unknown' Hitting F during setup and loading Windows in safe-mode secure mode does not help either I get BSOD here as well I have tried to change the boot location different disks and from CD As a standard its booting from my harddisk - all though it's booting from the wrong disk the HDD When I'm choosing the SSD I can't get any further and I get the message quot Missing Bootmgr quot The only way to boot the computer correctly and maybe fix the missing boot manager is by booting from a Windows CD I get the same two options Normal Repair when booting from the CD though When I chose repair it seems to be fixing something - but in the end it says it couldn't find any errors I have also tried to enter the following commands into the CMD Bootrec fixmbr Bootrec fixboot Bootrec rebuildbcd The first two are completed with no errors or messages The last one is unable to find any Windows installations this happen when using both C and D I am able to use a safety backup copy which I took when I all out of sudden got access to the computer Don't ask my why or how that is however not solving the problem it's only allowing me to load the computer once When it's loading it's checking the disk first and then loading normally -- I just tried that for a few minutes ago and my screen just turned black No hardware is damaged nor wrong installed The only thing that doesn't seem to work is Windows Note I have no interest in re installing Windows - who knows maybe this problem will return tomorrow Thanks

A:Windows Error and BSOD - Windows Update installed on wrong drive (?)

Update: By booting from the disk I managed to see the desktop and I have now opened my computer in fail-secured with CMD.. oops, BSOD . Dangit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211707-windows-error-bsod-windows-update-installed-wrong-drive.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Just built a new gaming pc myself all new parts first build so maybe there's something I'm not doing right But I was following this guide for windows installation However I decided not to do any of those tweaks under System Setup after Installation I just skipped Windows 8.1. installed run code: Error Update 80072EE2 Can't on newly Windows to installing drivers so it's a pretty normal installation That's just extra information probably not relevant Installed windows OEM Installed my drivers and I connected to internet but when I try to check for windows updates I get this error Code EE Looked online for a solution found one on windows website I then downloaded WindowsUpdateDiagnostic from another PC and ran it on the PC i'm having issues with it fixed something but I still can't update I also can't open a webpage using internet explorer even thought I'm connected to the internet Can't run Windows Update on newly installed Windows 8.1. Error code: 80072EE2 When I type any address it just loads waiting for I've also noticed that windows is not activated when I try to activate it I get Windows can't activate Try again later Don't Can't run Windows Update on newly installed Windows 8.1. Error code: 80072EE2 know if relevant but I actually installed Windows the first two times incorrectly I mean it installed fine but I was trying to install on a GPT formatted SSD used diskpart with command prompt at windows install window to clean and convert to GPT but even though I formatted with GPT I kept ending up with a MBR formatted SSD The problem was I wasn't booting from a UEFI Device Third time I made sure I did and it worked Also I noticed restarting my PC is taking a little more longer than I've experienced before I see a screen saying Restarting with a loading icon for like a full minute and then the PC boots up again but it never shuts down which I find odd I don't know if it's a feature of my new motherboard or something MSI Z Gaming I have the correct time and date settings on my pc and I have not installed an AV yet I'm also getting help from reddit but no one has responded back with any new solutions in quite some time now Should I just reinstall my OS That would be a lot quicker I just don't want to because it's a new SSD but also I may have the same problem again idk

A:Can't run Windows Update on newly installed Windows 8.1. Error code: 80072EE2

Solved it myself! Only took half the day... All I did was just delete all files and folders in my temp folder and suddenly poofff! like magic I could access the internet and I can update windows. I'm installing updates right now hopefully once I restart my computer it'll still work!
Here is where I found the solution
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1946566/laptop-connection-shows-connected-access-internet-application.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559647/cant-run-windows-update-on-newly-installed-windows-81-error-code-80072ee2/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,
Actualy i have some machines of Windows 7 64bit  SP1 in our infrastructure, on this i try to install update Windows6.1-KB2731771-x64 ;
It should be installed, but get error, "The update not applicable to your computer".

It was dowloaded manually, double clicked..
It can be globally problem or "bug" of that update, this KB included for IE11 prerequisites.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/66c518d0-3d6c-4980-bc1a-12ab9cdb9828/windows-update-cannot-be-installed-into-windows-7-kb2731771x64-for-internet-explorer-11?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi everyone, im guessing this is the correct forum to post this question.

Please feel free to re direct me if it should go elsewhere.

My problem is regarding the automatic windows update option.

My computer will display the gold shield with the exclamation mark next to my computers clock informing me that "MSXML 4.0 SP2 Security Update (KB927978)" is ready to install. I then install it but as soon as it has completed installing the shield appears again telling me the same update is ready to be installed. This happens everytime. In "My Computer", the first screen I see when I access my hard drive contains countless folders with very long names which are where it is installing these updates.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks a lot

Steve

A:Windows Automatic Update Problem

Hi

Download it from here and try: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927978

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-automatic-update-problem-134117.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello i tried searching the forums but nobody else seems to have a problem quite like this i can t seem to figure out why this is happening but i know i caused it automatic updates has been on for a while now and one day it downloaded XP service pack since i really didn t know too much about it i kept stopping automatic updates from installing it however now i want to install it but i can t find it as automatic updates doesn t offer to install it anymore the thing is problem SP3 automatic update Windows i m almost positive it s already downloaded so i don t want to download it all over again and i would like to know how i can locate it apart from that is SP it really worth it there seemed to Windows SP3 automatic update problem be mixed reactions in most of the threads and i was wondering when the official version was released because i don t think automatic updates Windows SP3 automatic update problem would download the beta version but still i really don t know what to do and reading the posts in the other posts has confused me even further so please someone any help would be MUCH appreciated Thanks in advance you guys re the best nbsp

A:Windows SP3 automatic update problem

The SP3 upgrade(final version) to Windows XP isn't scheduled to be released by Microsoft until about the middle of March - according to the last article that I read.

The SP3 Release Candidate 1 upgrade wouldn't have automatically downloaded and installed from the Windows updates site. You have to download it and install it manually from here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-sp3-automatic-update-problem.680439/
Relevancy 64.5%

**** you, Windows 10.

I had put two hours of work into that Word doc since my last save, and had to run out of the house to pick someone up from work whose car had failed. Even typing this post, my text was autosaved. But your Word document? Lost forever. Not in my autosave directory, despite my 5min autosave settings. Not in the "Unsaved drafts" section. Not in any temporary files. Gone. That was 1100 words, you cost me. When I returned, I was greeted by a beautiful blue screen telling me that these updates were something to be excited about. Know what I'm not excited about?

These updates shutting down my computer and losing my files.

**** you, Windows 10.

A:Windows 10 Automatic Update REKT

You actually walked away from a computer without clicking save?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34444-windows-10-automatic-update-rekt.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am unable to turn my windows automatic update on automatic Windows update disabled I have visited the microsoft security website and followed their instructions to manualy turn the update on from the services msc command When i click start the following message is displayed Could not start the Automatic Updates service on Local Computer Error The servicecannot be started either because it is disabled Windows automatic update disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it I am running Windows XP I enclose my hijack this log below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C Program Files Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C Program Files Speed Disk nopdb exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Kontiki KHost exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSync exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclUSBSrv exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclRSSrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings HP Owner Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE TZWEPS hijackthis exe C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www tiscali co uk broadband R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www tiscali co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www tiscali co uk broadband R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A AlertEng dll quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncN... Read more

A:Windows automatic update disabled

Hi Welcome to TSG!!
Visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix.

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-automatic-update-disabled.754597/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi buddies I am using Windows Xp - professional edition on my laptop Since past few days I am constantly facing the problem with quot Windows Security Centre quot quot Automatic Updates quot of the same always gets turned off automatically after I shut down my laptop Whenever I restart it shows the balloon in bottom right hand corner as security threat with message quot Automatic Updates is turned off quot Moreover few of the web sites are also not opening off Automatic gets turned Update Windows always at all like quot Microsoft com quot quot superantispyware com quot etc I also downloaded free editions of quot superantispyware quot quot spyboat Automatic Windows Update gets turned off always quot Automatic Windows Update gets turned off always amp quot Ad-Aware quot through this forum only and run them and cleansed all the viruses spywares or malawarea I have got a licenced copy of Mcafee virus scanner installed in my laptop and I have run the same too and cleansed my system But still the problem persisit Please help me thanks This is my Hijack This Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe D Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe D Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe D Program Files McAfee MBK MBackMonitor exe D Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe D PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe d PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe d PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe D PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe D Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE D Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe D Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe D Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS system eTSrv exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE d PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe D WINDOWS system wscntfy exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe D Program Files QuickTime qttask exe D Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe D WINDOWS system eTCrtMng exe D Program Files McAfee MBK McAfeeDataBackup exe D Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe D WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exe D PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe D Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe D Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclMSBTSrv exe D Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclUSBSrv exe D Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclRSSrv exe D Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe D Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http server toolbar rediff com toolbar sidesearch html mode toolbar R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google com accounts Ser k igf cy amp scc amp ltmpl default amp ltmplcache R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D Program Files Common File... Read more

Relevancy 64.5%

My screen started freaking out today. The display gets all wavy and weird and then it goes black, then after 10 seconds its back to normal then it goes haywire again. The only difference I have between yesterday and today is that I installed a windows automatic update. My computer has two different video chips, an integrated video card and a nvidia card. This problem only effects the nvidia but when I reboot using integrated video, I have no problems. I suspect something in the windows update is messing with my nvidia display drivers but I am not sure. How do I determine what the last automatic update was and remove it? Also, how do I make sure that that update never downloads again?

Relevancy 64.5%

Twice recently when Windows automatically updated my computer and restarted it, the only thing that showed on the screen was the screen saver. No icons, nothing. I turn it off and on and it's ok.

Is this common? And would tech guys suggest updating Windows manually so this doesn't happen?

A:Solved: Windows automatic update

I've seen this a few times. Next time it happens hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up the Task Manager. Click on File>New Task (Run..), Type explorer.exe and hit enter. That should bring up Explorer and you should be all set.

I had this issue a couple times a month on a handful of computers in a Domain environment. From what I remember from researching the problem, Microsoft has acknowledged that it is a problem and didn't have a solution at the time.

I did a quick Google search for you, a solved thread from Tech Support Guy came up, maybe It'll help you: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/384135-solved-explorer-exe-not-loading.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-automatic-update.859812/
Relevancy 64.5%

My computer shows that I need a windows update : Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430) (update 1 of 1)...

I update it and it reports "Finished"

The next time I log into the computer I get the same update. This has been occurring for several weeks, always the sameconfused update.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Solved: Automatic Windows Update

See this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-automatic-windows-update.866264/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello TSF Team,

I had used the help of Chemist from TSF forum to remove Malware programs on my system.

I wish to trun on the Automatic Windows Update option on my system. Right now the option is turned off and greyed out as well so I cannot change the setting. And updates using Microsoft site gives an error:

Error:
"
Network policy settings prevent you from using this website to get updates for your computer.

If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact your system administrator.

Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number 0x8DDD0003) yourself.
"

I have tried various steps from google but of no help.

Could you please help me?

Thanks,
jmash

A:Unable to use Automatic Windows Update

If it's grayed, out, it probably means the service is turned off. Go to control panel, administrative tools, services. Double-click automatic updates, set the startup type to automatic, and then click start. After that you should be able to set the automatic update schedule in control panel.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-use-automatic-windows-update-316071.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I've tried to use Automatic Updates windows automatic update cannot start and upon failing I followed the Microsoft solutions but they also failed When trying to change the Automatic Updates service Start up Type and then Starting the Service I recieve the error message quot Could not start the Automatic Updates service on Local Computer Error The sevice cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it quot Stumbling across a forum post introducing HijakThis I downloaded and scanned my computer with it and here is the following Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files cannot start windows automatic update Gizmo gservice exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Shareaza Shareaza exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Aware exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Java jre bin java exeC Program Files Glary Utilities Integrator exeC WINDOWS system conime exeC Program Files Java jre bin java exeC WINDOWS system mmc exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run Ad-Watch C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Policies Explorer Run Shareaza quot C Program Files Shareaza Shareaza exe quot -trayO - HKUS S- - - Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe User 'Default user' O - Extra context menu item Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - res C WINDOWS system GPhotos scr O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - ESC Trusted Zone http update microsoft comO - DPF CCA D- A - E -B - DEE D Facebook Photo Uploader Control - http upload facebook com controls toUploader cabO - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab - O - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http gfx hotmail com mail w resources MSNPUpld cabO - DPF F - BBD- C-A B- C DigitalDM - http www leonardotravelebooks com ebooks DIGITALDM cabO - Protocol linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - C Program Files AVG AVG avgpp dllO - Service AVG WatchDog avg wd - AVG Technologies CZ ... Read more

A:cannot start windows automatic update

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. You can find information on A/V control HEREOrange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/224461/cannot-start-windows-automatic-update/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I just wanted to say here on the forums that making the Windows update restart my computer automatically no matter what is ridiculous The last time the update had restarted my computer while I was using it I went and put the settings to the option of quot choose when to restart quot or 'ask me first' or whatnot Regardless of the fact that I consciously went and changed the setting so that it would not automatically update my computer it still does it The first time that it did it again it wasn't a big deal I checked the settings again and after some research learned that it would still probably restart my computer automatically without my say no matter what even though I had purposely changed the settings not to do so The first time this happened after I had changed the settings was not a big deal The second time yesterday morning however was To be short and not include the details I had a video job interview at am A very very impotant interview I turned on my computer around am booted it up Automatic Windows Update Restart and left it on When I came back to my Windows Update Automatic Restart computer around am Windows Update Automatic Restart I opened the video software and prepared to connect to recieve the call This was when Windows Update decided that it was more important to restart my computer and apply an update to Windows This update took around - minutes I never had an option to postpone or avoid this action I thought about holding the power but as most everything explicitly warns against turning off or restarting your computer while updating I didn't When my computer finally turned on again it was too late The interview was with the owner of the company and he did not have time to wait ten minutes not knowing when or if I would ever connect - especially while paying for expensive video calling overseas during his vacation I called my recruiter who called his boss who then contacted the owner but by then it was just too late I lost my opportunity and as a result this has cost me a very good job and has cost my family and I a good amount of money and we will most likely have to go through some hardships now because of it until I can get another job Now call me needy or tell me I don't know what is good for me but when I turn something on and leave it there I dont want it to be doing something and have plans to turn off for an extended amount of time without me giving the ok to do so I'm ok with the updates being automatically installed although the should be an option not to but to have the option to have it ask me before restarting and updating selecting that option and having the system still go ahead and restart anyways is unacceptable There should be a solution to this problem This should be fixed as soon as possible before what happened to me happens to anybody else and it will This shouldn't even exist as a problem because I should have the option and the right to choose whether my computer restarts NO MATTER WHAT -even if selecting the option can be harmful to me Please fix this

A:Windows Update Automatic Restart

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this. I just want my voice to be heard.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/50238-windows-update-automatic-restart.html
Relevancy 64.5%

it does affect games. Games will stop for the update. I wonder if the other updates do the same thing; this can be a big deal since we have lots of software updates these days.

A:windows automatic update and games ?

So is this a question for help or?

That is why most gamers disable auto updates of any software... aside from anti-virus and spyware.
Though even anti-virus updates can slow things down.
Just remember to run an update check once in a while, when your not gaming.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-automatic-update-and-games.1101890/
Relevancy 64.5%

1.) What generally determines how long it takes MS to put out an Automatic Update after its scheduled 2nd Tuesday of each month release? AND.

2.) Several friends and I (all with clean Malware-Free systems) sometimes have experianced the Windows Update notification icon diasappearing after it has been in the system tray. What causes this?

Jack

A:Questions About Automatic Windows Update?

1. Microsoft actually puts the updates out on "Patch Tuesday". When your PC actually downloads those updates depends on when your PC is configured to do so.

2. The icon will disappear when it has downloaded and installed all available "critical" updates, that does not require a reboot. If a reboot is required, then you will see a green icon when you login again, and it will tell you that updates were installed that required a reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/questions-about-automatic-windows-update.518827/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I had a windows automatic update and it rebooted my computer, and ever since then Firefox freezes in spurts, and I can't watch movies anymore because it keeps freezing.  I tried to do a system restore, but all my restore points are gone!  So it's possible that I have a virus/malware issue, but I ran Malwarebytes in safe mode as well as an AVG full scan on my computer, and nothing bad came up.  I only know a tiny bit about computers, what should I do?

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

I seem to be having some problems with getting my Windows to update automatically. I noticed it last night, when I saw that it hadn't been updated for almost 2 months. I then tried running it, but I get an error called Code 80246008 Windows Update encountered an unknown error.

I chose "Get help with this error", but the first solution it gave me asked me to change the properties of "Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)", which is not appearing in the list of services in the administrative tools, and the 2nd solution it gave (to change or restart the windows event log service) isn't working for me.

Any idea of what could be wrong?

Best regards,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-automatic-update-not-functioning.1078829/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, has anyone had problems with this automatic security update for Windows XP KB835732 (update 1 of 1 ).
I have tried several times to install but it never does, and I cant seem to get rid of it either , it just sits there reminding me I have updates ready to install.
It's been a couple of weeks now and I have'nt received a any of the usual updates which seemed to be a daily occurance before.
Please help if you can.

Relevancy 64.5%

Well I have been looking around for something about this but strangely the only people talking about this want to turn it off My problem is that I never ever seen my Win reboot himself yet I have set my system up that he checks for updates at a time I am not on my computer and has to update windows restart Automatic and can reboot if needed but this just never happens I always have to do a manual reboot when I get home and that is really very Automatic restart and windows update annoying So guess my question is how do I Automatic restart and windows update force Win to download install and restart computer if needed after updates at a given time Though if by any chance I am on my computer at that time I would like to have some notification or pop-up telling me I have to restart I don't see my login screen it is all automated my computer is always running so I don't see any messages on the login screen and the Win update page is a major hassle Automatic restart and windows update to get to Any tips and advice appreciated Thanks in advance Bart

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/22058-automatic-restart-windows-update.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Yesterday evening I was alerted to some new security updates so I elected to download and install them At the end of the night when I went to Shut Down I noticed the little Windows Update icon next to the Shut Down button indicating it would install the updates before powering off I hit the button to install updates Windows update after sound no an Getting automatic and shut down turned my monitor off and went Getting no sound after an automatic Windows update to bed Today when I booted up I had no sound None Windows is correctly recognizing my hardware it's set to quot enable quot the volume is up I'm not getting any error messages the sound just doesn't work I tried reinstalling the sound drivers to no avail Then I went online and installed new versions of the drivers still no change I installed SP in some blind hope that it might fix it but still no change Finally I ran a System Restore to before I ran the Windows Update yesterday and I'm still getting nothing I tried my speakers and a set of headphones and neither of them are getting any sound but when I plug either of them into my Zune they work properly I'm stumped Last resort is to reinstall Windows but I really don't want to do that if I don't need to

A:Getting no sound after an automatic Windows update

*Bump* Just checking to see if anybody might have any ideas before I reformat.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/getting-no-sound-after-an-automatic-windows-update-269588.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am running Windows 7  Home Premium 64bit OS.  When I go into the control panel and select "Windows Update" it appears that updates haven't been automatically running.  I click on the "Check for Updates" button and I get a message that says:

"Windows Update cannont currently check for updates, because the service is not running.  You may need to restart your computer."

I've tried restarting my comptuer with the same results.  I attempted this fix from Microsoft and it didn't work:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_update/

I'm wondering if I may be infected with a virus.  I scanned with Malware bytes and didn't find anything.

Attached is a hijackthis logfile

A:Windows automatic update cannot be enabled

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/498274 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498274/windows-automatic-update-cannot-be-enabled/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi
Thanks in advance.
I have the Dell Vostro 1500 with Windows XP, SP2 installed. Already attacked once with Virus and AntiSypware immediately after the purchase.
Since then the Windows Automatic Update Service is disabled in the Administrative Tools--> Services.
Tried to enable it and set it to 'Manual' or 'Automatic'....but failed
Now PANDA Antivirus is loaded and the machine is working fine.
Still the 'Windows Automatic Update' Service is disabled.

Please let me know the reason and solution.
regards

A:Windows XP automatic update disabled

run
sfc /scannow
then recheck it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-automatic-update-disabled-261105.html
Relevancy 64.5%

days ago as I was surfing the internet some windows opened prompting me to download some updates I thought it was just a pop ups hence I canceled the process and without with Help:Problem Update Please Automatic Windows paying much attention to what updates these Please Help:Problem with Windows Automatic Update were Since then when my Windows Automatic Update appears inactivated red and I receive the message that it s inactivated when I start the computer or want to surf the internet when I open the Windows Automatic Update window to activate it the automatic update window is Please Help:Problem with Windows Automatic Update already selected And when I click on okay to automatic update Nothing changes That is the Automatic Update remains inactivated I have tried going to the services msc But this operation is not allowed on my computer However using MS Configuration I was able to see that everything is activated I am Using Windows Xp and the language in my computer is German Please assist I have installed the hijack this program below is the log on Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINXP System smss exe C WINXP system winlogon exe C WINXP system services exe C WINXP system lsass exe C WINXP system svchost exe C WINXP System svchost exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINXP system spoolsv exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Programme Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINXP SYSTEM DNTUS EXE C WINXP SYSTEM DWRCS EXE C Programme Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Programme Hotspot Shield bin openvpnas exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Programme Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C WINXP system svchost exe C WINXP SYSTEM DWRCST exe C WINXP system wscntfy exe C WINXP Explorer EXE C WINXP SOUNDMAN EXE C WINXP system RunDll exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Programme CEZEO software LanTalk NET LanTalk exe C Programme Invisible IP Map InvisibleIP exe C Programme Java jre bin jusched exe C Programme iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINXP system ctfmon exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Programme Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exe C Programme Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Programme iPod bin iPodService exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINXP system rundll exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http derstandard at R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http de yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http de yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Programme Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Norton-Symbolleiste anzeigen - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Programme Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Programme Veoh Network... Read more

A:Please Help:Problem with Windows Automatic Update

Ps I forgot to include that when I open firefox, there are some times black pop ups windows appearing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-problem-with-windows-automatic-update.782480/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,

are the automatic update files in my disk?

thanks,
RR

A:Windows Automatic update files

Quote: Originally Posted by ruirego

Hello,

are the automatic update files in my disk?

thanks,
RR

Welcome to the forum Ruirego.
You haven't installed them so they are not in your disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/233998-windows-automatic-update-files.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,
Recently after activating my copy of Home Premium x64 a dialog box has been popping up saying that the automatic updates has stopped working. If I press close the program the dialog box comes back about half a minute later. The details of the crash are:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: wuauclt.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 4791a227
Fault Module Name: StackHash_2ea1
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000100000002d
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 2ea1
Additional Information 2: 0411f401154786662c220fbfdaf8b4f5
Additional Information 3: 16ba
Additional Information 4: 954b39dd611850a61426512ac5220bbc
I had to also change the date to get the activation to work as the computer was a few months behind. Is there anything I can do?
Thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

I have my computer set up to automatically detect Windows XP updates and download them. Updates install when you shut down.

Recently a bunch of downloads occurred but one of them did not get installed due to a missing file (message came from the MS update system). Now, everytime I shutdown, that update attempts to install and stops with the same error that requires a manual response from me.

How do I tell Windows to stop trying to install that update. I want to maintain the auto-update feature but want to get rid of just that one that is not working. I can shut down without the install attempting (option in the shut down window) but I want to get rid of it altogether. I can't find the files or commands that trigger the update on shutdown. Registry entry maybe?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Relevancy 64.5%

I was And Overriding Update Windows Automatic Ups Pop infected with a virus malware thought i could get rid of it It has overriden my Microsoft Windows Update and i have tried everything to turn on the automatic updates but I cannot get it to work I finally thought I will do a system Pop Ups And Overriding Automatic Windows Update recovery It worked for hours and now its back I get pop ups for Fling com Wista Anti Virus and much more Foreclosing lenders etc Here is my HJT log and I have installed and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but its still coming back Any suggestions Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint KEM exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myspace com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pop-ups-and-overriding-automatic-windows-update.730835/
Relevancy 64.5%

Automatic update not running Automatic update error Recently my PC got infected with PC and in the process i think some system files were affected resulting in a very high boot time of min As per information received from the net I used the WIN xp CD to repair my existing WIN XP installation and as a result the boot time reduced to minutes Since then the WIN xp automatic update function is not working I checked the settings - Start- gt settings- gt control panel- gt Automatic Update Its on but there is no icon in the system tray which use to be there earlier Right click My Computer select Manage In Manage on the LHS select Service and Applications On the RHS you Windows not update running Automatic have the list of services there when I try to Right click and start Automatic update Windows Automatic update not running I get the following error message I use Zone alarm firewall Could not start Automatic updates service on Local computer Error No The executable program that this service is configured to run in does not implement the service I tried the steps given on microsoft website but it did not work Please guide how to restore automatic update

A:Windows Automatic update not running

Try this link from Microsoft for your issue. Giving us the error code is always helpful.

Here is another also dealing with error #1083

If you go to Eventviewer at the time you receive the error, does it give you information to respond?Start
Settings
Control Panel
Administrative tools
Eventviewer
Post back as there are many fixes for WU, it does depend on what your actual issue is.

kind regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-automatic-update-not-running-459245.html
Relevancy 64.5%

My XP SP2 fails to update automatically with critical security updates.

How do I disable the auto-update feature and do the manual install?

A:Disable Windows automatic update?

Start>Control Panel>Automatic Updates, then click 'turn off automatic updates' then click 'apply' then 'OK'. That should do you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disable-windows-automatic-update-190251.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I cannot run windows update manually, and does not allow auto windows update. Google chrome won't do it either. Ccleaner, Spybot won't work. Attached are DDS, GMER, OTL and Rootkit unhooker. PLEASE HELP.

A:Cannot run Windows Update, automatic or manual

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Do not Attach logs unless I ask you to.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.Note** If you are having problems posting the complete log into this thread upload them here http://www.rapidshare.com/ and post the links in this thread Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Scan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351243/cannot-run-windows-update-automatic-or-manual/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello this is my first post Okay days ago I turned on my computer and I got a Windows Security alert that told me that Update Help!!! Windows Please Problem!! Automatic my automatic updates was shut down and that I need to turn it on So I went to Windows Security Center in Control Panel and my Automatic updates was turned off I clicked on quot Turn on Automatic Updates quot and I got this message quot We re sorry the Please Help!!! Windows Automatic Update Problem!! security center could not change your automatic updates settings Try changing these settings your self go to System in Control Panel On the automatic updates tab select automatic recommended and then click OK quot I did this and still Please Help!!! Windows Automatic Update Problem!! the automatic updates is turned off So I went to the official Please Help!!! Windows Automatic Update Problem!! Microsoft Updates website and tried to manually install the updates but it won t allow me and it says that some of my automatic update files are either deleted or missing I don t know what to do and since this incident I have been bombarded with fake Internet Explorer virus alerts and Pop ups and Ads Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,

My son has been given my brothers computer.

It has XP Home installed and Auomatic Updates is set to downloaded and install updates

The pc has been used on dial up, is extremely slow and has lots of problems that need sorting before SP2 is installed.

I have just cleaned out some viruses, and am going to sort other problems.

The Automatic Update has already started to download SP2 to the computer in question.

My question is, can we turn off Automatic Updates, even though the SP2 download has started, or will it cause further problems being turned off when the download has started.

If it is ok to turn off Automatic Updates now, do we have to start a fresh download when we wish to install SP2

Thanks for any advice

Cinders

A:Windows XP Home & Automatic Update

Cinders said:

Hello,

My son has been given my brothers computer.

It has XP Home installed and Auomatic Updates is set to downloaded and install updates

The pc has been used on dial up, is extremely slow and has lots of problems that need sorting before SP2 is installed.

I have just cleaned out some viruses, and am going to sort other problems.

The Automatic Update has already started to download SP2 to the computer in question.

My question is, can we turn off Automatic Updates, even though the SP2 download has started, or will it cause further problems being turned off when the download has started.

If it is ok to turn off Automatic Updates now, do we have to start a fresh download when we wish to install SP2

Thanks for any advice

CindersClick to expand...
You can get a free CD with SP2 on it by mail. It will come in a few days. I did it. With a dial up connection, it will take hours to get the patch. That is faster than snail mail, but you will have the disk pretty fast from what has been posted here and what i personally experienced. I have a laptop with XP home on it and I leave automatic updates turned off so it should not be a problem...doc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-automatic-update.288188/
Relevancy 64.5%

It appear the quot red shield quot on the bottom of update?? windows on turn can't automatic right screen won't disappear no matter what i do It is Windows Security Center shield asked me to turn on automatic update but when i click turn on automatic updates quot we're sorry the security center could not change your automatic setting etc go to control panel turn on manually quot but can't turn on windows automatic update?? in control panel's automatic can't turn on windows automatic update?? update already has it turn on could that be some sort of virus here's my HJT Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Program Files USB Safely Remove USBSRService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgfws exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files cloud CloudServer exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system srvany exe C WINDOWS KMService exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files OO Software Defrag oodag exe C Program Files PC Auto Shutdown ShutdownService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgam exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files pipi jfCacheMgr exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files USB Safely Remove USBSafelyRemove exe C Documents and Settings eltonsammy Start Menu Programs Startup hpqtra exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings eltonsammy Desktop HijackThis exe O - Hosts O - BHO no name - AB - - D-A - B BEEAc - C WINDOWS system authz dll file missing O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO PIPI Link Helper - A C -F - CAB- EE-C E AE D F - C Program Files pipi JfCheck dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO FlashGetBHO - b d e -fec - d - e a- d eeb d b - C Documents and Settings eltonsammy Application Data FlashGetBHO FlashGetBHO dll O - BHO... Read more

A:can't turn on windows automatic update??

Try resetting the Windows Update Components.

How do I reset Windows Update components?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-turn-on-windows-automatic-update-588986.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I ve only occasionally updated Windows XP maybe every half year anyway I don t want to update stuff all the time in case microsoft releases a broken update or something which I ve heard many stories about that Does anyone know of a site or something that reviews the lastest Windows Update questions: Automatic Windows XP updates and checks whether they re quot safe stable quot or not I thought I remember hearing about a site that does that but can t find it When I put quot Notify me but don t automatically install updates quot I can select which updates I want to be downloaded installed Windows Automatic Update questions: right I remember setting on quot Download updates for me but let me choose when to install quot and I didn t have an option to choose which ones I wanted to install didn t want to install so do I have an option with quot Notify me but don t automatically install updates quot nbsp

A:Windows Automatic Update questions:

For this you check the "Notify me but don't automatically install updates" option but when they "notify" you, go to the Microsoft Update website instead. Do not check "Express" Update. Instead, choose "Custom" . They will check which updates you need and will have options on which you want to install or not. Windows Update in XP will not do this; it is just an installer in disguise

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-automatic-update-questions.712303/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have Windows XP Home. Intel E6700 overclocked to 3.2, 2MB of memory (showing 25% in use while I'm doing this message - no other programs open that I know of). When I use the Automatic update, it takes a long time to check for the latest updates. Sometimes it takes over a minute before it finds and lists the updates, even when there are only a few. I have tried different firewall and anti-virus software - makes no difference. My other home computer, also with Windows XP Home, does the automatic update a lot faster (typically 15 to 20 seconds, occasionally a bit more). Does anyone have suggestions as to what may be causing this, or how I can identify the culprit?

A:Windows Automatic Update - very sloooow

When you say automatic update- you're referring to going to the Windows Update site, and scanning? Because when you say automatic update- I'm thinking of setting the option to download the updates automatically in the background.

Windows update works by scanning the registry of your computer, to see what updates and patches need to be applied. If you have many programs (all of which create registry entries when you install them) and other items installed on your PC, it can take longer to scan the registry and inform you of the updates needed. You may actually have one corrupt registry key (this is not uncommon, after installing and uninstalling many different programs, it's only natural) that could be holding the scanning process up. I'm not familure with a good registry cleaner, simply because I haven't used many at all. And another fact about registry cleaners is some do more harm than good. Another possible issue is bandwidth, network card (hardware) or TCP/IP stack(software) that may have some problems. Someone else may know of something specific, but that's all I can think of right off the top of my head.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-automatic-update-very-sloooow-161917.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Note: To avoid confusion, I would like to mention that this is not the same computer that has been discussed in my previous threads.

I'm borrowing my sister's computer as a 'backup', and when I checked windows update, I found that the most recent update check was 08/26/2010,
and that not even service pack 1 had been installed.

When I checked the update history, I see dozens of failed attempts to download this software:
Windows update software 7.4.7600.226
Accompanied by this error code: 800F081F

After manually upgrading to service pack 2, Windows Update says it can't check for updates until it gets updated itself, but the update always fails.
Is there a way to manually update "windows update"? or maybe use microsoft update instead?

A:Windows automatic update needs updating, but can't

Hello,Have a look at the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430946/windows-automatic-update-needs-updating-but-cant/
Relevancy 64.5%

how can i update my automatic updates in my system using computer rentals... (and my usb flash drive)

i am only using dial up modem 54kbps.. automatic windows update is too.. hard for my conection.. especially i have reformated my pc and so much i need it badly.. lol

my friend told me that is is posible to update on other computers but he forgot what site it is.. and how to do it....and...im think he's lying haha...

kindly help me

thnx...^_^

Relevancy 64.5%

Dear Forum Members:

When I click on Start>Control Panel>System>Automatic Updates ... the Turn on 'Automatic' setting is unchecked and grey (cannot be changed) and the 'Turn off Automatic' setting is checked and grey (cannot be changed). How can I get the Automatic' setting to turn back on?

I basically can't get Windows Updates anymore and cannot get a good install of IE 7 either.

How can I resolve these issues?

Thanks,

Casey

A:Windows Automatic Update : Not functioning

Hello Casey

Updates
Go here
Line 179 right hand side

Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-automatic-update-not-functioning-236058.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Guys,

What do you think about Automatic Windows Update? I leave mine off and do my updates manually. The question that I have is that if you leave auto update on, Microsoft says that you also have to leave your computer on. In this case, do you get the traditional Windows Update screen that we all know about when it is time to update? (If you shutdown, you get a reminder at boot up that new updates are available and a prompt asking if you want to go to the site to install them.) More importantly, if you have automatic update activated, HOW DO YOU KNOW AT WHAT TIME THE UPDATES WILL TAKE PLACE? (What is the default setting for Auto Update?) If I ever wanted to reactivate Auto Update, how do you go about setting up a time schedule so that the computer is updating when you are not doing other things with it?

Jack

Relevancy 64.5%

nbsp Hi Something is going on with Windows update and new restored machines Been going on pretty much all year so far and has been noticed by a great many other technicians besides me nbsp Windows has seamed to taken the hit hard With machines windows update & installed 7 SP1 windows days time disc running machines restored taking first New/factory I have built and restored for customers over these past few years I know how long the update process approximately took with in an hour or but the same machines are now running New/factory restored & disc installed SP1 windows 7 machines taking days running windows update first time into days Something is not right and needs to be investigated by Microsoft to locate the problem unless it is being done intentionally for some reason Windows and machines New/factory restored & disc installed SP1 windows 7 machines taking days running windows update first time don't seam to have as much problem more than but never used too This involves too many different manufactures nbsp machines and clean installs of SP for this to be a OS install problem Not when doing the same machine with in less than years and I could turn the machine over and have it ready to return to work in a day Not with the current problem with the update system for OS anyway I have read where this problem has been very frustrating for other techs I have tried a number of the so called KB fixes for this and they pretty much do not correct the problem I believe it is with the update system and older OS's If is an effort to force on folks is not good if they don't like it and just don't want it or have other issues with it They ask for OS machines You have something people really like So keep selling it and supporting it for them nbsp I am a service technician of years I own a computer company and have service or built thousands of machines over the years I'm not say the update process does not update machines that are up to date nbsp This is still a bit slow This problem is with NEW machines out of box does No matter manufacture Asus HP Lenovo Dell They all do it Custom built machines with clean - bit SP installed do it Machines restored from factory partitions do it Its when they run the update process the first times not later I have an HP I machine on my bench I had to rebuild about a year ago due to a some malware Took a little over a day I have it again They allowed someone unknown to them to remote into it so taking no chances they want it wiped clean amp factory restore Same machine is now days in to update and has not updated anything yet green bar just keeps scrolling I've seen too many same machines and how they run through the process before too know that it is not the machine hardware its something in the process since it entails so many different machines Cable internet so no slow speeds Any factory installed A V software has been removed before starting the process MSE installed after Be great if someone discovered the real problem

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b7f3876c-c23b-4151-b15b-00c3e2186b7c/newfactory-restored-amp-disc-installed-sp1-windows-7-machines-taking-days-running-windows-update?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi there To start i have a sony vaio vgn nr to i windows 98 installed or install from vista.. xp back vista can go windows e that came installed with windows vista The system crashed and i was unaware of windows vista system restore so i tried installing a windows wasnt able too becausr it kept freezing So after several failed attempts i let a buddy put his input in and he installed windows I have fiber op and installed windows 98 from windows vista.. can i go back to vista or install xp cant seem to find away to get on the internet and the wifi built in the computer doesnt work since i installed I have an xp and windows disc dont have original vista disc It said windows is to new to uprade from and the xp disc is working but during installation after the first restart it wont go any further and blue screen and msg comes up saying boot disc or hard disc error restart When i restart i am still able to acess What i need help with is there anyway saved on the computer to install windows vista again or is there any advice or help i could get with installing windows xp Any help would be greatly appreciated im not that computer knowledgable better at carpentry skills lol Thanks Jeff

A:installed windows 98 from windows vista.. can i go back to vista or install xp

Is the COA sticker on the case of the machine readable? - can you see the whole of the Product Key? (DO NOT post it!)

If so, you can clean install Vista using downloaded files, after creating your own boot disk.
First task is to download and create the disk
You'll need to download the appropriate files from this list -
http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/57-windows-vista-direct-download-links
You'll want the Vista SP1 Ultimate disk (either x86 or x64 depending on your machine) in the appropriate language.
the Ultimate download for Vista will install all the usual editions of Vista - dependent only on the Key use, so make absolutely sure that when it comes to installing, you use your proper COA Key from the sticker.

Follow the instructions for creating the ISO and DVD from the files.

Once created, it's a fairly simple matter to boot from teh DVD, and then install Vista.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installed-windows-98-from-windows-vista-can-i-go-back-to-vista-or-install-xp-674037.html
Relevancy 64.07%

BOOTING PROBLEMS Cannot even boot to safe mode with command prompt after failed windows vista updateCan't format laptop but couldn't even boot in command promptI installed some Windows Updates requested by Windows Vista, and when booting to terminate the installation... lights went out and now I cannot boot in:Safe modeSafe mode with networking Safe mode with command promptLast Known Good Configuration (advanced) Directory services restore modeShould I run System Restore?I DO NOT want to lose my data, or format the hard drive.When try to boot in Safe Mode what I get is the black windows "safe mode" desktop, and in the corners of the desktop "Safe mode" as usual but only mouse responds. no keyboard. No Explorer, no command promptWhat should I do???Thanks!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/220280/booting-problems-cannot-even-boot-to-safe-mode-with-command-prompt-after-failed-windows-vista-update/
Relevancy 64.07%

Since I re-installed my Windows last week Windows Update would not work When I got to the section to windows properly Re-installed 7 will windows and update work not check for updates there is a Re-installed windows 7 and windows update will not work properly red shield with an 'x' in it When i click the button that says quot check for updates quot I get a message saying quot Windows Update cannot check for updates because the service is not running you may need to Re-installed windows 7 and windows update will not work properly restart your computer quot The computer has been restarted several times with no change When I check services in administrative tools it says that the service is running I have run the the update readiness tool but this did not run properly the message quot Installer Encountered an error xc quot appeared lt Re-installed windows 7 and windows update will not work properly min after starting Interestingly I tried reinstalling windows last week in effort to solve this same problem I thought I may have done something wrong when I reinstalled it in February and windows update would not work At that time I used the fixit that has the tag This troubleshooter quot Automatically diagnose and fix common problems with Windows Update quot may automatically fix your problem File name MicrosoftFixit wu LB Run It gave an error saying it can't proceed quot Troubleshooter encountered and unexpected error quot I had also tried Windows update troubleshooter which did not work It did not start Error code x E E I haven't bothered with those things again because i figured they wouldn't work I have attached the CBS log Attachment Can anyone offer any suggestions Do I need to try the above again

A:Re-installed windows 7 and windows update will not work properly

Please post an MGADiag report - it may show what the problem is....

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/234159-windows-genuine-activation-issue-posting-instructions.html

Ignore errors produced when clicking on the Copy button - they simply mean that the tool could not create the backup files for some reason. The data is still copied to the clipboard for pasting to your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/287435-re-installed-windows-7-windows-update-will-not-work-properly.html
Relevancy 64.07%

So my HDD was crapping out, so I used my second HDD as my primary. Now when i try to do windows update. It gets stuck at 0, and it goes back into the installation window. It even says "Items successfully installed" yet after like 10seconds of downloading. I do not understand what's happening. I hooked up my modem right to the comp so it wouldn't go through the router it i managed to install 5 things but after that it keeps doing it again.

A:Clean installed windows 7, windows update won't download

I think the windows files itself are being weird, i tried to download Skype and it said "cannot install because windows management something" is not turned on. I have never had that problem before. It's so strange.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/289736-clean-installed-windows-7-windows-update-wont-download.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I just got rid of malware called "XP Home Security 2011" from my laptop running xp home sp3. Since I removed the malware (using stopzilla, malwarebytes and avg) my automatic updates will not start and windows update fails with the following message after I click on custom or express install (note that I get the first welcome screen when I click on windows update from the start menu but at the next screen this error appears):

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions
Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:
Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

I looked under services and find no services for automatic updates even present, let lone enabled

Is there a way to restore this without reloading windows

D.

A:Solved: automatic upadtes and windows update

Do you have a log of what those programs did, exactly? It is important to note what they fix so that system files can be replaced if removed. They generally create and show you a log.

The service is called "Windows Update". It also needs the Background Intelligent Transfer Service.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-automatic-upadtes-and-windows-update.988997/
Relevancy 63.64%

I am having serious issues with my gaming computer It all started when i was due for a windows update but my computer failed to do changed problems update Windows from serious , automatic, this update and from then on my computer would try to install the update everytime it started It woild always fail and took my pc about mins to fully launch and Windows update , changed from automatic, serious problems compared to the usuall mins I ignored this issue until about a month later when i had enough Windows update , changed from automatic, serious problems i went to my control panel and stopped windows from automatically updating This has given me serious issues and now i Windows update , changed from automatic, serious problems cannot complete simple tasks without the application stopping responding or freezing my computer completely Also i can only shut my computer down by pressing the power buttom on the case as otherwise it goes through the normal process but then leaves me with a black screen and just my cursor I cannot change my windows update back to automatically update as my control panel will just become iresponsive I have have a copy of windows preordered and i thought a clean wipe and a new update could fix my issues however i cannot go through the process without it becoming iresponsive Please help asap many thanks Jack

A:Windows update , changed from automatic, serious problems

Hi Jack,
IF you want W10 follow this link
Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

From what you have said it sounds more like malware.
As you have a custom build
Just use your original Retail install disks to re-install W7.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398168-windows-update-changed-automatic-serious-problems.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am running Windows Home Premium -bit Last night two updates were automatically installed when I shutdown my computer KB and KB This morning when I turned on my computer all my files appear to have been deleted deleted Update Windows Automatic 7 files! my and although installed software is still there programs e g iTunes Google Desktop have lost all settings and act as though it were a new installed - over photos in My Pictures GONE - entire iTunes music library GONE - Desktop shortcuts GONE - Programs pinned to taskbar GONE Windows 7 Automatic Update deleted my files! reverted to original default so programs I had removed reappeared Oddly enough everything in my Recycle Bin was preserved The Windows old folder was also preserved Needless to say after my painstaking effort to upgrade to Windows from XP this is more than a minor annoyance Everything is backed up I think so I should be able to restore what has been lost but WTF Windows 7 Automatic Update deleted my files! MICROSOFT If automatic updates are going to wipe out My Documents a little warning Has anyone else had a similar problem

A:Windows 7 Automatic Update deleted my files!

It gets weirder

I spent a considerable amount of time restoring the missing files from an external hard drive.  As a matter of course, I shut down my computer for the day, and when I restarted it later, all the missing files were there again - and the files/folders I had created while restoring the formerly "lost" files were now gone.  The original desktop shortcuts (1 really) were back; the same desktop from before gadgets were there; programs pinned to the taskbar again; all my saved themes were restored.  I saved 1 new theme when I thought I had lost everything, and oddly that is the only file that seems to have been preserved.

Because I didn't exactly recreate everything as it was, it was immediately apparent to me that everything had reverted to its original state.  Now I am wondering where all the files from my external hard drive have gone.  Could they be saved somewhere in a parallel directory?  I am the only user.  Could there be an entire duplicate of my iTunes library taking up space on my hard drive invisible to me?  Unfortunately I don't know exactly how much space I had free on my hard drive before this all started so I can't just look at free space for an answer.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/caa965fe-1546-4dd2-bb37-656ac2eed1de/windows-7-automatic-update-deleted-my-files?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 63.64%

Is there a way to disable the Windows XP "feature" that sometimes grabs my IE browser when I first start it -- this is the reroute from my normal home page that happens whenever Microsoft wants to send me to the windows update website instead.

Thanks

A:Windows Update Automatic Web Page Reroutes

Welcome to BCIs it the official Windows Update page?http://www.update.microsoft.com/Or something else? You've probably have been HijackedMark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123010/windows-update-automatic-web-page-reroutes/
Relevancy 63.64%

My Windows XP Security Center Automatic Updates is turned OFF and I can't turn it ON Also McAfee is detecting Vundo grb Here is the DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Greg Mooradian at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Security Off Center Update Automatic is Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS eHome Windows Security Center Automatic Update is Off ehSched exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files iWin Games iWinGamesInstaller exe C Program Files iWin Games iWinTrusted exe C Program Files America Online aoltray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C Program Files Palm Hotsync exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra Windows Security Center Automatic Update is Off exe C Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files HP Windows Security Center Automatic Update is Off Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Documents and Settings Greg Mooradian Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www myfoxdetroit com myfox BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO d cb -c cd- c f-bfdc- b afbdc c - c windows system nnnoljgh dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptsn dll BHO IEHlprObj Class ca ed -f fb- -a - e - c progra iwinga IWINGA DLL BHO a d - f - b- b - b d ab a a ba d - b - b -b - f d a - c windows system iwobvt dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO abfc f - d - - - f db e c - c windows system wvUnMfee dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO Ask Toolbar BHO f d f - - a- f-e f c f - c program files askpbar bar bin ASKPBAR DLL TB BA B -B - c -B - F F - No File TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll TB Ask Toolbar f d f - - a- f-e f c f - c program files askpbar bar bin ASKPBAR ... Read more

A:Windows Security Center Automatic Update is Off

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-security-center-automatic-update-is-off-341150.html
Relevancy 63.64%

This device 15-af131dx ran a longer than normal automatic update a few days ago (most likely anniversary update for windows 10). After the restart, there no longer is a cursor visible on the screen. Both, touchpad and mouse (USB), no longer work. The system recognizes the USB connection (it makes a sound when I remove the USB and when I attach it in a different USB port), a light appears shortly on the mouse, but then disappears. Even though everything seems to boot up just fine, I have NO ACCESS to my device.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/No-cursor-after-last-automatic-update-Windows-10-anniversary/td-p/5730021
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I just reformatted my computer about days ago and was not able to turn my firewall on even though I tried to It just says something like quot Windows Can't - Update And Automatic On Windows Please Help Firewall Turn firewall has successfull turned on quot but in an instant the bubble pops up again warning me that my firewall is not turned on And just The other day I looked at my Windows update and noticed it s off and there was no way I can turn it on everything was greyed out I tried my best to fix it but nothing helped If anyone knows the solution to this please help me Can't Turn On Windows Firewall And Automatic Update - Please Help I would Can't Turn On Windows Firewall And Automatic Update - Please Help really appreciate it Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe Can't Turn On Windows Firewall And Automatic Update - Please Help C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system usbcamb exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe E Patches HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run Kvsc C WINDOWS Kvsc exe O - HKLM Run DiskMan C WINDOWS DiskMan exe O - HKLM Run AVPSrv C WINDOWS AVPSrv exe O - HKLM Run mppds C WINDOWS mppds exe O - HKLM Run DbgHlp C WINDOWS DbgHlp exe O - HKLM Run cmdbcs C WINDOWS cmdbcs exe O - HKLM Run NVDispDrv C WINDOWS NVDispDrv exe O - HKLM Run upxdnd C WINDOWS upxdnd exe O - HKLM Run MsIMMs C WINDOWS MsIMMs exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run MSDEG LYLoader exe O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run MSDWG LYLoadbr exe O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run MSDCG LYLeador exe O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run MSDOG LYLoador exe O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run MSDSG LYLoadar exe O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run MSDMG LYLoadmr exe O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run MSDHG LYLoadhr exe O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run MSDQG LYLoadqr exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - E Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com mic ls ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-turn-on-windows-firewall-and-automatic-update-please-help.622877/
Relevancy 63.64%

I've had Windows Update disabled on my new Win 8.1 64 bit computer (bought in March) because I got tired of Microsoft making changes to my setup without permission.  But I don't want to be stupid about cyber-security either. 

Is there a way to manually update only those patches critical to security without downloading all the "Bill-approved" flotsam that comes along with it -- and if so, how do I differentiate between the two?

For the record, I use Windows Firewall and Windows Defender.

A:Manual (as Opposed to Automatic) Windows Update

Hi zombiewhacker It's possible to change your Windows Update settings to "Check for updates, but let me decide when to download and install them". On top of that, I would uncheck "Give me recommended updates the same way you give me important updates". With these two options set, you'll be able to review every single updates before installing them. Important Updates are usually security updates for the Windows OS and other Microsoft products, so I strongly suggest you to install them. They usually start by "Security Update for...". If you want to learn more about the updates you are going to install, all of them have a little "Read more" option you can click and it'll bring you on their KB article on Microsoft's website.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592806/manual-as-opposed-to-automatic-windows-update/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have recently been having problems with windows firewall and automatic updates turning themselves off soon after logging on and needing to be manually turned back on (not sure if relevant but my Windows Live Mail reinstalls at every log on also). I am a relative newbee and wondered if anyone could help me find anything untoward in my HiJack This logfile which i will try to attatch.(i seem to also be unable to attatch log file as i am getting message saying filetype is invalid) Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

A:Windows Firewall/Automatic Update failure

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
Scan saved at 23:26:42, on 04/03/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe
C:\Program Files\btbb_wcm\McciTrayApp.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodag.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\ccc.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLLoginProxy.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Documents\software to be shared between users\HiJackThis_v2.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1;*.local
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: EWPBrowseObject Class - {68F9551E-0411-48E4-9AAF-4BC42A6A46BE} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\EWPBrowseLoader.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Windows Live Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAShCut.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAX] "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe" /tray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [btbb_wcm_McciTrayApp] C:\Program Files\btbb_wcm\McciTrayApp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,N... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-firewall-automatic-update-failure-227128.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi guys,

I've always wondered if running a manual automatic update (XP, Vista, 7) while you have auto updates turned on would slow things down? Often times I'm updating manually and then the icon pops up saying it is downloading or there are updates ready. Does Windows Update detect if there's already an update going or will it re-download the entire update?

A:Automatic and Manual Windows Update at same time?

If the auto update has already started downloading and then you manually start a the download, you will get a screen to install and then it will fail out. Then the other will kick in and do the install.

I do NOT like the fact the the auto update does not give the user and indication that it is being done.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-and-manual-windows-update-at-same-time.1005283/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, i need a solution is i have a office, 15pcs PC windows xp & windows 2k on this office than all at same network, i dont want all pc can access to internet to download and update the windows security patch. I am a administrator on this Network and system, now i have setup one file server to store all the windows XP & 2k security patch, how to automatic download the all security patch from that files server to all user pc without distrub user working, that mean on background update the security patch. Any solution?

Thank you.

A:How to automatic windows XP security update (patch) on LAN.

Here's what Microsoft suggests...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-automatic-windows-xp-security-update-patch-on-lan.655234/