Windows Support Forum

Need Serious Help With my Tower

Q: Need Serious Help With my Tower

So I recently got a used tower from a buddy of mine for free he told me that there was a virus and needed to be cleaned I thought i could install a windows operating system since With Need Serious Help Tower my this was a windows vista and fix Need Serious Help With my Tower it however when i try to run the installation i get a yellow screen and the computer either freezes or crashes before the start up I was thinking of getting a new hard drive for it I also tried running it on safe mode and tried to get to command prompt to type in rstriu exe to be able to restore it but it seems to keep crashing before i can get past the starting screen its an hp pavilion media center m f pc with an amd athlon x dual core processor mb system memory gb hard drive an nvidia gefore se graphics and running windows vista home premium I was thinking of keeping the tower and buying a new processor hard drive and graphic card if needed but i feel like if i change the hard drive it will help i dont know what to do at this point can anybody help nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need Serious Help With my Tower

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 34.4%

Hello I am new to building the pcs so I am afraid I may have fried mine I really am pry I did not but this is what happened I finish tower Power will not work button My the pc and My tower Power button will not work when I turned on the power supply the power button on the motherboard glowed so then I pressed my tower button and nothing worked so then I re setup he F PANEL cords u know the pwr switch and all that jazz turns out it was set up wrong so I put them in right and tried to turn on the computer again the power button on the motherboard turns on but not my towers power button and so my pc will not officially turn on I am guessing and I am worried that I may have fryed my pc because when I took out the f panlle cords I realized my pc was still on and turned it off immanently and I am afraid that may have fryed the motherboard if anyone can help me it would be wonderful I am freaking out and have no Idea what the problem thank you for reading P S My tower button does not making a clicking sound when you push it I am not sure if that normal or it is broken or somthing it just doesnt make any click sounds nbsp

A:My tower Power button will not work

You could have a defective power switch on the PC case. Test this by using the reset switch as a temporary power switch. The power switch and the reset switch are the same for practical purposes except, of course, the size of the button (on most cases). If the reset switch works and is able to start the PC, then you know the power switch is defective.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-tower-power-button-will-not-work.203422/
Relevancy 33.54%

Asus announced a bevy of new products earlier today at Computex but one thing you might have missed is this transforming desktop PC chassis. Crafted with help from In Win, this unique convertible case from Asus' ROG division takes the...

Read more

A:Asus ROG, In Win show off practical transforming PC tower at Computex

"Practical" is debatable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-rog-in-win-show-off-practical-transforming-pc-tower-at-computex.213595/
Relevancy 33.97%

Bought the following brand new at Best Buy on and trying to get setup Lenovo K e desktop tower keyboard and mouse LG MP HQ monitor MS Office key code Webroot internet security disc After connecting everything according to the instruction of both the Lenovo and LG instructions double amp triple checking all parts accounted for and connected properly here s what happened Lenovo tower up turn Monitor tower, hooked on doesn't to but boots up fine disc drive in tower opens and closes properly Lenovo keyboard and mouse both detected Great so far except LG monitor does not turn on at all In the back of the monitor two things are connected blue HDMI connector with pins on both sides is connected to HDMI connection in back of tower AC DC adapter plugged into electrical outlet and other end directly into monitor Everything works when power booted up except monitor shows no life - no light indicator and black screen Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on Monitor just doesn t turn on at all There are driver discs for both lenovo win and the LG monitor and like I said I can insert them into the tower and close but nothing happens on the monitor display Best Buy said it should be no issue using the LG monitor with the Lenovo PC tower They will charge me to come out to my home even though I bought two year Geek Squad plan They also said I would still get charged even if they were unable to get Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on me setup Seems like there is one probably really easy fix but I don t want to pay to have them come out if I get charged regardless of the outcome Anyone out there with any idea what could be preventing the monitor from powering up other than Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on it s bad which is unlikely as it was brand new sealed in the box Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on

If no standby LED on monitor, is there a separate on/off switch on the side of the monitor?
With LG there are usually manual buttons for CH+- & vol +- plus On/Off (although I have seen monitors with no on/off at all.)
Also check for 'hidden' buttons on the front lower edge of frame or under the front (right) edge.
I would try a different mains lead/cord that is known to to work, also check for a fuse in the plug, could be missing, or isolated with plastic foil.
Even with no inputs the monitor would show a 'No Signal' sign if it was working.
If no 'standby' LED and you have a separate AC to DC adapter block then that could be the problem. All monitors I've seen have a direct AC connection though.
If it then does work, the on-screen menu will need to be selected, and 'input' changed to HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-hooked-up-to-tower-but-doesnt-turn-on.204715/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey there,

I've been playing crysis 3 a lot lately and it usually run's my GPU temp around 65-70 degree's ( MSI GeForce GTX 770 4GB TWIN FROZR ) I know the card is suppose to run up to 80 degree's no problem but I was just wondering if I played at these higher temps for 3-5 hours at a time. Would that be to much stress in terms of heat on the GPU ??
I have the Corsair 230T Windowed-BLUE ATX Mid Tower Case> I have just the stock fans in it and I was looking to add more. I was just wondering if people have preference over tower fans ? if so what are some good ones and why ?

A:GPU Temps and Tower Fans

Even 85C for extended periods is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-temps-and-tower-fans.204260/
Relevancy 34.83%

A few years back I was talking with a friend about dust bunnies in a tower & how to keep them out.
I had a somewhat odd idea of using a case covering somewhat like a pillow case to do such. It gets dirty,take it off & put another one on. Much like an air filter in a car. Does that sound ridicules or not?? Just curious.

A:Keeping dust out of a tower

Might keep 80% of the dust out, but not all would be stopped. Could also get in the way of case cooling, by entrapping heat insde.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keeping-dust-out-of-a-tower.203506/
Relevancy 35.26%

On my W7 tower, I've been seeing a WI FI icon
but assumed it just meant I could use a usb wi fi device on it which I have done. Well, today curiosity got the best of me & I pulled the DSL out of the back & it totally amazed me to know I was still online, no usb.
How long have towers been like laptops, come wi fi enabled?

A:Wi-Fi-enabled tower?

A tower can have wifi "enabled" if it has a wifi card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-enabled-tower.188891/
Relevancy 34.4%

This is confusing to me. Anytime I've been on a laptop in my apt. I have no problem getting a good or very good signal on it, yet using the same Belkin USB device on my tower in the same exact place, low or less than good connection.
The router is on the first floor, I'm on the 2nd floor & a few walls are in between . Why?
I'm thinking of having the router moved, a booster used or relocationg the router.
I'm currently on DSL . Wi-fi is just an option.TIA

A:Laptop Wi-Fi good connection but not tower?

The router should be on the second floor above most of the equipment that it is actually connected to it for the best possible signal strength. I'd guess you're having a driver issue between the different computers, but you're probably gonna tell me that both computers are Windows 7 and have the same driver or something like that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wi-fi-good-connection-but-not-tower.186134/
Relevancy 34.4%

So I have this problem: I have this new graphic card for my tower PC and I was wondering could I combine my laptop and my tower motherboard so that I can use the graphic card on my laptop?
Or is there another way to use it with my laptop (maybe a adapter or something?)

Relevancy 33.54%

Nvidia P356 Quadro FX4600 graphics card - 768MB GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 dual DVI out thank you all

A:Wondering if this will work in my Dell Optiplex GX 280 tower-style PC

As long as you have a PCI express socket on the motherboard, that card will work. You may need a power cable adapter to be able to connect the card to the power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wondering-if-this-will-work-in-my-dell-optiplex-gx-280-tower-style-pc.179573/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi all im looking at building a tower for general use and gaming as cheap as possible and best place to buy parts mainly what u reccomend i get please help

A:Help on building new tower

hmmm anyone please

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-on-building-new-tower.175355/
Relevancy 35.26%

I just put together my new computer for the first time successfully Now I am wondering what to do with my old one Its still operating however it is approx years old running on an Intel Pentium I m old my not? scavenge tower To or not sure what components it has atm but I am wondering if I should look to see if anything it has is worth adding or installing in my new build My current tower has To scavenge my old tower or not? the following and my old tower had both a cd burner and a dvd burner plus some additional RAM i added but it probably isn t compatible I also know To scavenge my old tower or not? it was running a Radeon Sapphire gfx card Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe MKNSSDCR GB-DX quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALX GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Corsair Carbide Series R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ASUS P Z -V PRO GEN LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS XFX HD- X-CNDC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC HP X Multiformat DVD Burner Black SATA Model i LightScribe Support CORSAIR H CWCH Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply nbsp

A:To scavenge my old tower or not?

Somewhere there is a young and budding computer tech who would love to have that, and improve upon it, if the price is right.

Otherwise, it is always helpful to have a computer in reserve for when things do not go right. on the new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/to-scavenge-my-old-tower-or-not.175341/
Relevancy 33.97%

I might be building a new computer soon I am wondering if these parts will go well together Motherboard BIOSTAR H ML LGA Intel H Micro ATX Intel Motherboard tower LIAN LI PC-A NB Black Aluminum ATX Mini Tower Computer Case Video card EVGA SuperClocked G-P - -RX GeForce GTS Fermi GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Memory CORSAIR GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMV GX M A C monitor Hanns-G HW- ABB Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor cd m x Power Supply Hanns-G HW- ABB Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor cd m Processor Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA W computer witth a Building mini-ATX tower a Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I If any part in here is not compatible please tell me and point me in the direction of a compatible part if you can I do need the tower everything else can be changed Thank you very much and have a nice day nbsp

A:Building a computer witth a mini-ATX tower

Typo: you listed the monitor twice, once under PSU, Otherwise those parts look fine however even though it is a minitower due to the front mounted power supply that case will support a full ATX motherboard. I would personally recommend a Full ATX motherboard since they offer much more expansion. This is a good option and only costs slightly more, Although If you go with something like this you will get SATA 6gbps, USB 3.0, more memory slots, and a faster chipset.

Also Biostar motherboards are ok but far from the best try to look for boards from Gigabyte, ASUS, or MSI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-computer-witth-a-mini-atx-tower.170466/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey guys, I recently bought an old HP OEM computer (a 'dc7700', I think) off eBay. It's one of those towers that is placed horizontally, and it's quite thin. I was planning on using it as an HTPC but it lags when trying to watch HD movies, so I think I'm going to buy some really low-end graphics card.

I was looking at this one (I'm in Australia and it's either eBay or local IT shops):

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Asus-ATi..._Components&hash=item19c5f77a3f#ht_1134wt_936

I'm wondering, will this fit in the tower? Do I need to specifically look for a low-profile graphics card? Thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-for-a-small-tower.167278/
Relevancy 33.54%

It appears that during a storm, my tower was damaged, affected, whatever. The tower will not turn on. However, the green light on the back below the electrical plug flashes when plugged up. I have tried making sure that the on off swich is making contact, and I plan to unplug all the electrical plugs that could have been affected and then seeing if it works, and plugging them back in one by one to see if one of them were damaged. I have been told that there is a fuse that could have been blown but I cannot find a mention of one nor placement of one on the mother board. Is there a fuse?

I have also made sure that the surge protector has been reset, the outlet is fine, etc.

A:Storm surge on my HP mn1160 media center tower

I cannot find a mention of one nor placement of one on the mother board. Is there a fuse?Click to expand...

internal to the PSU and nothing you would recognize if you saw it.
A good friend had this very same experience and we had to replace the PSU and all was just fine. Having suffered once, the user quickly added a UPS to the setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/storm-surge-on-my-hp-mn1160-media-center-tower.160003/
Relevancy 33.97%

can any 1 help? ive tryed 2 put my external hardrive in2 my tower as it stopped working,and have it as 2nd hard drive ,i have connected it properly but the tower cant seem 2 find it?

A:Installing an external hard drive in my tower

Are you saying you're trying to install external drives internally? So you removed them from their enclosures? Are these SATA or ATA/IDE drive? Does the BIOS see the drives? Which motherboard do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-an-external-hard-drive-in-my-tower.159771/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi, I am going to upgrade my graphic card to ATI 5770 so I need a new power supply which has power about 550--600 watt. But the most frustrating problem is that I failed to find a proper power supply with the correct dimension.
I have an HP pavilion e9300 which uses a very wired power supply tower-150mm(W) 86(H) 140(D). But so far all the PSUs I found is the standard size --150mm(W) 86(H) 150(D) which cannot fit in my setup.

So could any PC God give me some suggestion, please??
Is any PSU with the size of my tower or can I just simply install a bigger PSU which can still successfully power up the comptuer?

Thx in adance.

A:Power supply bigger than the tower - frustrated by HP PSU tower

If the power supply will physically fit your case, it should work fine with your computer. Will the extra 10mm interfere internally with anything inside the PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-bigger-than-the-tower-frustrated-by-hp-psu-tower.148841/
Relevancy 35.26%

Iv no idea how to find out the make or moduel of the fan One day last year it beggan to make strange noises rattling When i reset the pc tower PC fan noisy is it stopped I looked online recently and found it could be multiple reasons so i opend the pc took a good look inside removed the fan cleaned very single area of the fan put it back in ensuring nothing was damaged When i turn the pc on and im looking at the fan it seems to be working perfectly but with the noise If i run my finger along the smooth centre to slow it it makes no noise If i slow it down with the three speed button thing that hangs from the fan then it still makes a noise The fan has lie a suspension on it and when i press PC tower fan is noisy it in theres no noise when i let it go the noise rattles again I personally think that inside the fan right where the motor is spinning theres is a problem of dust or something but i can t be sertain I want my fan to make no noise but be on full speed as befour since im a heavy gamer and i work with music too What should i do If i want to buy a new fan how do i choose one that will fit into it s place My pc uses a fan for the power supply a fan for the cpu and a fan on the side of the tower What do i do if i want to add more fans to my pc tower nbsp

A:PC tower fan is noisy

To find a fan or a similar size, just measure the old one in mm and get the same size locally or online. Case fans are generally 80MM, 92mm or 120mm.

Adding fans where they are no holders or screw holes would require something as simple as twist or zip ties or actually modifying the case to accept more fans.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-tower-fan-is-noisy.147806/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi TechSpot Forums!

I own a Dell Optiplex GX280 Mini-Tower PC, and am seriously considering buying a graphics card for it.

My question to you is, which would best be compatible with my specs?

System Specs:

Dell Inc. OptiPlex GX280
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
2552 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
500.10 GB HDD

Current Video Card:

Name: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
DAC Type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 128.00 MB
Current Display Mode: 1400 x 1050 (32 bit) (60GHz)

Does installing a graphics card mean you can achieve higher resolutions on your LCD monitor? That is partly the reason I will be purchasing one.

Thanks for any info or suggestions,

~ TomHax

A:Graphics card for Dell Optiplex GX280 Mini-Tower?

Does installing a graphics card mean you can achieve higher resolutions on your LCD monitor?Click to expand...

That depends on the maximum resolution supported by your monitor.

What's your main reason to purchase the card? What's your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-for-dell-optiplex-gx280-mini-tower.141617/
Relevancy 35.26%

im looking for the thermalright 120 i cant find it on newegg at all any help and the cheapest price would be nice

A:Where to buy a true tower 120?

Here you go:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5...k_-_Socket_LGA_1366_775_AM2_AM2_AM3_Xeon.html

though I believe the Prolimatech Megahelms often outperforms it, and it is the same price:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8...A_775_1366_AM2_AM2_AM3_SPECIAL_PRICE_HOT.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-to-buy-a-true-tower-120.135119/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi everyone I m new here and have read over some of the posts and stickies but have not found my issue I have a Dell Pentium R CPU GHz and GB RAM extra added tower - Dell monitor brightens/darkens 4550 overheating? by me I have never gotten any kind of Dell 4550 monitor brightens/darkens - tower overheating? warning or message that my tower fan was not working properly For the last couple of weeks I have noticed my computer monitor brightening a lot and then darkening screen is still readable and then going back to normal This will happen anywhere from to times in a two hour period I have been Dell 4550 monitor brightens/darkens - tower overheating? turning off the computer when not in use giving it a chance to cool down which I now realize was the worst thing to do Today when I went to fire it up for about the third time during the start-up Windows shut down quot to protect itself quot and gave me a blue screen message to turn off the computer and restart I did and have not had that issue again Dell 4550 monitor brightens/darkens - tower overheating? today I have placed a large fan behind the tower and the problem seems to have stopped for now which leads me to believe the problem is caused by overheating The tower casing was cleaned inside around months ago but was very dusty My questions Does this sound like a tower fan problem and how do I check that it is working properly Are there capacitors or something else I should be checking for heat damage and replacing I know I really just need a new computer but that won t be happening for a while so any help you could give me to keep this one sputtering along would be greatly appreciated Thanks much nbsp

A:Dell 4550 monitor brightens/darkens - tower overheating?

Hi Jeri, welcome to TS. I'm not sure specifically about the 4550, but I know most Dells will post a warning on boot if the fan isn't working properly. If you haven't seen the message, it's probably not the fan.

If you're up to it (which it sounds like you are if you upgraded the ram yourself), open it up and look if the fan is spinning while the computer's running and also while you're in there dust out the computer, especially the cpu cooler and video card heatsink. While cleaning it out, look at the capacitors on the motherboard and/or video card to make sure they aren't leaking or bulging. A cap should be flat on top, it should not be "pointy" or rounded on top or leaking from the top or bottom. I've seen bad caps on a 4550 before, close to the cpu socket (between the rear ports and cpu), so make sure to look to be sure. You may have to remove the green "air duct" to be able to see the caps on the board.

Also, are you sure the problem is with the computer and not the monitor? It almost sounds like you might be having a problem with the backlighting on the monitor (assuming it's an lcd). Any chance of testing the monitor on another computer to be sure?

I suppose there's always the possibility of a a failing power supply as well. Sometimes when a power supply is flaky (power fluctuations, noise, etc) it can cause weird issues like BSODs among other things. It's possible that your power supply fan could have failed, and if the power supply is overheating it could be acting up.

Best wishes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-4550-monitor-brightens-darkens-tower-overheating.132728/
Relevancy 35.26%

I have an eMachines T which I use as up boot Tower Need help. won't a file server I normally leave it running continuously but I inadvertently shut off the breaker to that room while replacing an electrical switch When I tried to restart the computer it won t go It s getting power The fan in the power supply runs but the hard drive doesn t seem to kick in The monitor displays the eMachine logo and says quot Bios information Need help. Tower won't boot up lt F gt quot Need help. Tower won't boot up which doesn t work When I restart the fans kick on but after a couple of seconds - just about long enough for the logo to display on the monitor - but then already the pitch or whine of the fans begins slowing down as it returns to it s resting mode I also tried putting a setup disk in the optical drive but although the drive spins it won t go into the boot mode so it s not looking at those drives I ve tried it more than a dozen times - completely cutting power powering it down and back on using the power button unplugging and plugging back in Nada Someone told me to replace the power supply but I thought I d check here to see if anyone has any experience with this problem Would appreciate any advice or tips Note I do routinely blow the dust out of the fans and from the case It stays very clean since it s in an unused room and it doesn t even get very dusty The company server at work gets a dust buildup like dryer lint about every two weeks but mine wouldn t get THAT dirty in a whole year if I didn t blow it out from time to time so I don t think dirt is an issue unless it s really deep inside the power supply nbsp

A:Need help. Tower won't boot up

Your eMachines is one of those with the infamous failing motherboard. The motherboard failure eventually causes the power supply to fail, and your symptoms are simlar to what we have seen a great number of times... well over 125 times, and we have a lot of failed eMachines in our barn awaiting resolution. Your hard drive, memory, cpu and heatsink are likely still good, and you can rescue the data. But it is possible your motherboard will not work properly again. You might borrow a power supply to test, but I would not waste money on one.
eMachines wants $179 plus shipping for the board, plus $75 for the power supply.

It could also be something as simple as a bad hard drive, and a replacement for $50 or $60 from Newegg, Directron, TigerDirect, Outpost, or ZipZoomfly will take care of it. You can probably still recover the data off the old drive by placing it in an external USB enclosure. Borrow or buy, you can always use another hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-tower-wont-boot-up.122938/
Relevancy 35.26%

Has anyone ever tried 2PSU's in one tower? I ask because I'd like just one to run my video card <ATI X800GTO> so I'd like to know if that's worthwhile since I have a few laying around that are not all that great. I know it's probably a stupid question, go easy on me.... ;>)

A:2 PSUs in one tower?

I've never heard of that being done. I don't know where you would get the room. I would recommend that you get a new Psu with greater wattage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-psus-in-one-tower.122693/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have an Ultra E-Torque ATX Mid-Tower Case I was wondering if any of you could give me some assistance I am having a problem connecting the front power and led to the mobo an XFX Although I am having problems connecting the cables I did manage to connect everything get the cpu and every thing to power up using the power button on the front panel This is the goal but the same power button isnt working properly to turn the machine off So Im thinking that I dont have the cables hooked up correctly to the mobo I did read on Tiger direct where I purchased the case in a recent review that the cables arent color coded correctly So connection has been a problem I would of contacted the person that posted that but there is no way to do so I am not knowledgeable enough about pcs Torque Tower E & Case Mobo XFX 8200 Ultra ATX Mid to figure this out with out possibly XFX 8200 Mobo & Ultra E Torque ATX Mid Tower Case causing massive damage because this is my first build XFX 8200 Mobo & Ultra E Torque ATX Mid Tower Case and I was wondering if you can give me some assistance in getting my machine powered up correctly I hope someone can aid me in my quest to get my machine running correctly Im running a duel vid card http www tigerdirect com applicat EdpNo amp csid ITD amp body MAIN detailspecs http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Thanks nbsp

A:XFX 8200 Mobo & Ultra E Torque ATX Mid Tower Case

I have the same case; the cables are actually pretty simple and can't really cause any kind of massive damage. Basically, your mobo's manual should have a diagram of where each front panel cable is attached to the pins on the motherboard. This includes the power switch, reset button, main LED, and Hard Disk LED. The cable heads and pins are usually labeled and it's just a matter of finding positive [+] and negative [-] connections. Again, your motherboard manual should have a diagram. You can really just screw around with the wires until everything works, the worst that could happen is that it doesn't...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-8200-mobo-ultra-e-torque-atx-mid-tower-case.116629/
Relevancy 35.26%

hello. My sister pulled the power cable from the back of the tower while her computer was on, now when i turn it on, the fan is abnormally loud. No image to the monitor what-so-ever. is there a fix to this? thank you =]

A:Odd tower issue

Sounds like some stuff got fried. It could be your Mobo. Isolating your hardware might be a good idea in figuring out what got fried. Do you have another graphics that you could swap for the one presently installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-tower-issue.112025/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello everyone First off i ll start with my system specs Number of processors Number of cores per processor Number of threads max per processor Name Intel Pentium Code Name Prescott Specification Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Package Socket LGA Family Model Stepping F Extended Family Model F Core Stepping E Technology nm Core Speed MHz Multiplier x Bus speed x MHz Rated Bus speed MHz Stock frequency MHz Instruction sets MMX SSE SSE SSE EM T L Data cache per processor KBytes -way set associative -byte line size Trace cache per processor Kuops -way set associative L cache per processor KBytes -way set regard Need my PSU and my in tower old on to advice help updating associative -byte line size Chipset amp Memory Northbridge VIA P M CE rev Southbridge VIA VT rev Graphic Interface AGP Need help and advice in regard to updating my PSU on my old tower AGP Revision AGP Transfer Rate x AGP Side Band Addressing supported enabled Memory Type DDR Memory Size MBytes Memory Frequency MHz DRAM Interleave -way CAS Latency tCL clocks RAS to CAS tRCD clocks RAS Precharge tRP clocks Cycle Time tRAS clocks Command Rate CR T System System Manufacturer System Name snc eeh System S N Mainboard Vendor Biostar Mainboard Model P M Pro-M BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies LTD BIOS Version PG BIOS Date Memory SPD Module DDR PC - MHz MBytes Transcend Information Module DDR PC - MHz MBytes Centon Software Windows Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack Build DirectX Version c - Sorry for the spam anywho I m buying this video card URL quot http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp sku P - quot URL And It requires a minimum of a W power supply and I believe my current is only W My main question is Will that video card and this power supply URL quot http www tigerdirect com applications searchtools item-details asp EdpNo amp body MAIN quot URL Fit and work with my motherboard and my case and all that The current PSU I have now is AL-C ATX From Allied Technologies Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Need help and advice in regard to updating my PSU on my old tower

I'm not familiar with that brand power supply but the amps look good on the 2 +12V lines. It should run that system just fine. Just remember that the power supply is the only component on your system that has the capacity of destroying ever other component. I always am willing to spend a few bucks more for an Antec, Thermaltake, or other well known brand. My last one was a CoolerMaster. They have some good rebate deals right now. This 750W one for $80US after rebate is a good deal. The other thing you need to look at is output. The Aspire is listing the maximum output at 600W. That's not a continuous rate. The Cooler Master on the other hand is advertising theirs as a 750W unit. When you check the specs you see it is rated at 750W continuous and 900W max output. So on that type of rating you may be actually only getting 450 to 500W continuous on the Aspire. Sorry for going on and on, but power supplies are one of the most important components, and it's difficult sometimes to know what to look for.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-and-advice-in-regard-to-updating-my-psu-on-my-old-tower.95259/
Relevancy 34.4%

somethin is not right here....my tower is turned on but there is no signal goin to the monitor....and the lights on the tower lights is now red....one of my dvd drivers open half way and the other just wont open...it has to be the damn voltage settings on my power supply

the story is there was a shutdown in my area for almost 12 hours becuz the city needed to rewire and fix some **** on the ground.

and when the power was up again...this happened.

i thought at first it was a bios issue so i took out that little round thing out of the motherboard and put it back but no luck......

my powersuppy is a 500w antec.....and i have a gigabyte motherboard.

the bad thing about my powersupply is theres no voltage switcher....so i dont know how to adjust it...... ANY HELP well be appreciated

A:TOWER lights up but monitor no signal

You have a few misperceptions on how things work... such as voltage switcher on the power supply. You don't want to mess with the power supply.
Your problem could be power supply, hard drive, video graphics, or memory failure... or some other problem.
You can help us help you by posting your computuer brand and model as well as operating system, age of the unit, memory installed, and type of video graphics.
Further, we would like to know what antivirus software, Antispyware, and rootkit snoopers you have installed.
What was going on with your computer when the power failure hit? As that seems critical.
What was that little round thing? A CMOS battery with the number 2032?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tower-lights-up-but-monitor-no-signal.80652/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey guys ive been strugglin with an off and on problem for a good while initially i thought my video card was bad because i could be doin pretty off Screen still on turns tower and much anything and somethin glitches screen Screen turns off and tower still on goes black u can hear lil noises Screen turns off and tower still on thru the sound and the tower is still on learned to just kinda unplug it and plug into another outlet usually Screen turns off and tower still on worked but now my wife found out if u unplug net and comp and replug em in starts up no idea what it could be i sent my video card in for warranty when this started that didnt fix it so i went to the power supply it had a burn mark in one of the pin holes so i sent it in got a new one thought the problem was gone it was for awhile and now recently its been startin back up can this be a problem wit my motherboard or i just duno wut it could be Thanks nbsp

A:Screen turns off and tower still on

Hi fireOfear and welcome to TechSpot.:wave:

Your problem could be heat related. Open your pc up and give it a good dust out and see if that helps.

Also, Google and get Everest home edition and use that to monitor temperatures and voltages for a while.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-turns-off-and-tower-still-on.91192/
Relevancy 34.4%

i am building a new computer and have pretty much decided upon my specs untill i was reading the thread quot power supply upgrade- need some recomendations quot i used a power supply calculator to try and figure out how big of a PSU cooling i needed in the new case note i know nothing about cases and have been having a hard time finding somethign i know will work to make a long story short my specs said i needed w on my psu and i dont know PSU, computer for new tower needed cooling, what type of cooling i should cooling, PSU, tower needed for new computer be using cooling, PSU, tower needed for new computer or any websites to find a tower that will work and include cooling psu having a few concerns about finding a tower and if i should downgrade from quad to dual processor because of my high PSU needs had a hard time with exact power needs because i am not sure if my motherboard is high end and other little things like that anyone who can provide information as to a tower with a good enough PSU cooling proper number of ports etc can tell me how much power i actually need or recommend a tower would be great here are my computer specs gigabyte ga-p c-ds r motherboard p intel chipset intel core quad q ghz processor dimms of gb ddr dual channel RAM geforce gts or mb video card havent decided but calc didnt change much between the i am using my old drives for the time being floppy drive dvd drive and cd rw drive assuming IDE harddrive and am not using any USB or other divices such as external drives not sure on the fans cooling aspect because i do not have a tower for it yet is there anything i am missing that will make it easier to figure out i couldnt find a thread that talked about cases so i figured cooling was an appropriate place to put this thread if not plz let me know and i will repost in the proper forum your help is much appreciated Swen nbsp

A:cooling, PSU, tower needed for new computer

Look at Antec cases. Not cheap but top quality and usually come with a generous PSU and decent chassis fans all in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooling-psu-tower-needed-for-new-computer.85478/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have recently bought the following items for my new computer.

Motherboard: Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

Procesor: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 2.4GHz San Diego

Memory:1 GB (2 pcs 512MB) DDR (400) PC-3200 Corsair w/LED Display (TWINX1024-3200XLPRO)

Video Card: eVGA GeForce 7800 GTX KO 256MB

Hard Disk :Western Digital 74 GB SATA 10K Raptor (WD740GD)

Now I need a good place to put this bad boy into. What is a good computer case/tower for cooling? What should I buy to keep this bad boy cool? CPU fan? other fans?

thanks!

A:Computer Case/Tower

ZIP!! WHOOSH!!!

That is a nice system. Damn!

How about this for a case?
http://www.coolermaster.com/index.p...ial=RC-730&other_title=+RC-730+Praetorian 730

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-case-tower.31005/
Relevancy 34.83%

how would one beable to tell if a mother board is compatible with a certain tower.

im purchasing one of my friend and its in decent condition but i need to know if i can use it in my comp

A:Mobo and Tower capability

Check the Form Factor. ATX is the most common 'standard' sized tower, so find an ATX mobo.
If you're building a small form factor pc, then look for Micro-ATX case and mobo.
Micro-ATX will still fit into an ATX case though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-and-tower-capability.78766/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have an Emachines W2686. For a while it would work fine, smoothly, and efficiently. But just recently it decided to REALLY act up. When I turn the tower on, it sounds as if everything runs smoothly. Hard Drive, Fans, Power unit. But it doesnt seem to be reading at all. Ive checked and changed the memory, checked the hard drive, unpowered it for a day, and yet nothing. It still turns on, but just doesnt read it. Ive even switched out monitors, checked monitor connections, and changed the cords. There are lights, for example, the smart card light is on, the CD light flickers, (no cd), and below the power button, a orange light flickers once in a while. The main power button, that usually turns green, stays off.

I know my first mistake was getting an emachines, but is there any possible way to fix this? Might it be the Motherboard?

A:Tower problem (Turning on)

Hi Vermiere and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

Vermiere said:

There are lights, for example, the smart card light is on, the CD light flickers, (no cd), and below the power button, a orange light flickers once in a while. The main power button, that usually turns green, stays off.Click to expand...

Sounds very much like your Board, the other lights show that the board is receiving power Ok.

Unless you have access to a similar machine then your only choice is to take it to a PC Repair shop for them to diagnose further.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, if you do decide to scrap it then DONT ever buy an Emachine again, all that I have read about them is bad.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tower-problem-turning-on.79017/
Relevancy 33.54%

I got 7 extra wires I dont know where to connect on my Asus p5GV-MX MB.

they are labeled: Return R, Return L, Spkout R, Spkout L, ground, mic Bias, and mic in. I have no idea where they go and the manual to MB doesnt talk about it.

When I get this PC going, i would like to plug headphones or mic at the front and not reach the back to plug them.

on MB, not sure what connectors are those:
10-1 pin AAFP (which has: port1 L, ground, port1 R, Presence#, Port2 R, Sense1_return, sense_send, port2 L, and sense2_return)

A:where to plug the wires ( for mic and headphones front side of tower)

Nevermind i think i figured it out, hopefully, thanks to ASUS forum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-to-plug-the-wires-for-mic-and-headphones-front-side-of-tower.74012/
Relevancy 35.26%

hi it is my first time hear and oi hope some one can help me

i have a new motherboard and tower and i would like to keep my old hard drive and put it in the new one as the primery as ther is a lot of important info can some tell me how to do this THANKS

A:ne mobo and tower, would like to use old hdd.

davet said:

i have a new motherboard and tower and i would like to keep my old hard drive and put it in the new one as the primery as ther is a lot of important info can some tell me how to do this THANKSClick to expand...

Hi and welcome :wave:
Plugging in the HDD is easy, only has one connector for the data and a molex for the power. Jumper settings are on the info sticker ontop your HDD. The most you'll run into is windows xp not booting properly, in which a windows Repair *Not a Reinstall/Format* will fix.

If you have any more questions, please start a new thread in the HDD and Network section of the forum with an appropriate title.

N3051M

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ne-mobo-and-tower-would-like-to-use-old-hdd.61364/
Relevancy 29.24%

Please help. My on/off power button on the front of my tower is disconnected from my motherboard. Where exactley should I reconnect it too? So I can power up my computer. Thanks

A:no power to tower , power switch hookup

Not all motherboards are the same. To find the correct header pins you have to refer to the motherboard manual although sometimes the motherboard labels the pins clearly enough so you can figure it out. However, with the motherboard installed in the case, it could be difficult.

If you can't find your manual, try going to the motherboard's manufacturer site to download a copy of the manual (usually a pdf format). If you have a major manufacturer made PC (Dell, HP, Gateway, Emachines, etc.), you might have to try their websites. Good info from those sites might be hit or miss.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-to-tower-power-switch-hookup.60151/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,
I am having trouble with the prongs where the power cable is plugged in on the back of the tower. The computer does not come on unless I jiggle the prongs. The computer stays on just fine, then, so long as I don't turn it off. If I have to turn it off, then to get it on the next time, I have to jiggle the prongs again. I have already replaced the power cord, so I know it's not that. Have you ever heard of this happening? Is it possible to replace this part?
Thank you for your help! Maggie

A:plug for power cable on back of tower

That power cable goes into the power supply. If the cable is good, there is something wrong with the prongs of the power supply. Do you have a spare to swap to confirm?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plug-for-power-cable-on-back-of-tower.58346/
Relevancy 35.26%

Im looking to buy a tower to replace my old one. Can anyone give me a link for the best tower with os already on it for around 200-300$.I know that not much but im a broke dude I would like to find at least a 2ghz .

A:What tower should i buy?

Dell outlet would be a good place to start. Personally, I would save up a little more and wait for a good deal at Dell.

This is an example of what they have:

System Price : $269.00

Operating System Genuine Windows XP Home
Memory 512 MB DDR NON-ECC SDRAM 400MHz (2 DIMMs)
Hard Disk Drive 40 GB EIDE Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
Modem 56Kbps Data/Fax Modem
Base Dimension 3000 Desktop: Intel Pentium 4 Processor (2.80GHz, 533 FSB)
Media Bay 48X Max Variable CD ROM Drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-tower-should-i-buy.54410/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi, I really need help finding a case for my computer. I dont really like the current one, its just borring. If you could help me choose one that would be great!

i dont want to spend over 100$, and it has to be a full tower.... thats all i know.

here are some specs for my comp, if you need more i can get them easily:

cpu:
intel pentium 4
package: pga-423
1.90ghz.

motherboard:
Manufacturer:supermicro
Model4sta, pcb version
chipset: i850, rev. a2

graphic interface:
version: agp version 2.0
transfer rate: 4x
Max. supported: 4x
sideband: enabled

Memory:
Type: rdram
Size: 512mb
Channel #: dual

Hope this helps, thanks

A:need help choosing a full tower case..... dont know where to start.

it is about 20.00 more than your stated budget, but the Antec P160 aluminum case is hard to beat.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-choosing-a-full-tower-case-dont-know-where-to-start.52823/
Relevancy 34.4%

Burning smell from tower and then nothing else works it wont even start

A:burning smell from tower now nothing works

Sounds like a bad power supply, also, check all the wires to see if there is any damage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-smell-from-tower-now-nothing-works.50882/
Relevancy 33.97%

Im building a computer for the first time. I have an a8n32-sli deluxe motherboard and a cm stacker stc-t01 case. I am having trouble figuring out which cables to plug into which motherboard connectors for the lights, power button, reset sw, etc. I have looked at the diagram in the manual but it doesent do a good job of explaining what goes where. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Stuck on hooking up tower cables to mobo.

Alot of people do the connecting through trial and error loosly based on the diagram shown for the mother board, i honestly cannot think of an easy solution to this, unless someone would like to help out?

I have always done this through trail and error, this doesnt always work for me but try noting down the wires that are labelled and lining them up the same in the diagram rotating the digram or pc in the same direction, its annoying but it does work eventually, ideally i need to look at the diagram + mother board together to try and link them...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-on-hooking-up-tower-cables-to-mobo.44755/
Relevancy 35.26%

hI I am new to this site not sure if I have come to the right place or not??
I know absolutely nothing about computers.
I hooked up a used tower it worked great for 15 mins then comp. froze. tried to reboot and orange light came on moniter stayed black..tower is not making any beeps at all..Can some one help???

A:Tower Not Working

Do you happen to have any of the computer's specs you can post?
Problems like this could be a number of things, but my guess is either dead PSU or motherboard.

Let's start here: open up the case, and see if there are any led lights on the motherboard that are lit up, even when the power is off, as long as it is plugged in you should get something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tower-not-working.38498/
Relevancy 34.4%

Heya,
Im thinking about buying a new computer tower/case/chasis whichever you prefer (or is preferred). OK, so should I be aware of anything like whether my power supply from my old case will fit, or if everything else will fit (im considering getting a bigger tower so im sure it will... umm just anything in general about this kinda thing. To clarify, all Im doing is moving all my old stuff from my tower now into a new one and am curious if I should be aware of anything. Sorry for the repetition Thanks for any help!

A:Buying a new tower.. any things i should be aware of?

You could transfer everything into a new case without hesitation.
It would be advisable however, to buy a larger (min. 400 Watt) powersupply like Enermax, in case you want to upgrade anything else in the near future

Alternatively, look at the Antec Sonata case (available from www.overclock.co.uk) for about £90.- which includes a quiet powersupply and rubber suspension for your HD's making it an extremely quiet case.

When transferring your old gear, watch out for static and be extra careful when mounting the MoBo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-tower-any-things-i-should-be-aware-of.9078/
Relevancy 34.83%

Ok I have Athlon xp based computers runs great As for the other First I was a little skimpy on the jel so I added about a mm strip of jel down the center of the dye Now my computer is not shutting down I have a different case and yes it was instead of for the other one but it had some features that were better for its location like side usb ports blah blah blah So I got this thing down to C when the processor is idle at and below When I run games it climbs towards C before I stop it I think the case sucks and tower my my desk for cubby under I also got only cfm fans It will also be in a desk inclosure with the door locked cracket inches I have kids I have weak fans in the front and one weak fan in the back Also there is not much breathing room in the back of the cubby I punched out the backing but it is still only - inches form the wall in the back Tight squeeze I am thinking of putting a regular fan in the cubby to blow hot air the computer makes out the back Just a regular fan you would plug into an AC outlet Is that an idea as long as I don t face the regular fan into any computer cubby for my tower under my desk vents Just gonna put it cubby for my tower under my desk on top of the computer to circulate outside air outta the desk enclosure I plan on getting a pci fan to suck air in and more powerful case fans Where should I put the louder fans for best flow Will this do the job Our should I throwout the case and rip everything out and start over Not Thx for any info nbsp

A:cubby for my tower under my desk

I once did something similar to that, I actually cut a hole in the inside of the cubby and mounted a fan there, inline with the side fan in my case, I backed the desk 6" away from the wall, and punched out the entire cutout area in the back of the cubby.

I also once created a similar setup for a client but instead of punching out the back, I put a duct running from the back case fan to the floor, where it blew out, like a dryer duct. It was a bit extreme but it was a small room and it helped lower the room temp by quite a bit, the comp temps also came down to below 50c after that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cubby-for-my-tower-under-my-desk.30715/
Relevancy 34.4%

st Thanks for advice Mid-Tower ? SFF Need or Design Laptop, here some looking at this post nd I am in need of some advice here Problem I am a hard-core gamer and love FRAGGING like everyone else here BUT I am also a Professional Driver for a Good Laptop, SFF or Mid-Tower Design ? Need some advice here Company that gives its drivers a little leyway in equiping our trucks Laptop, SFF or Mid-Tower Design ? Need some advice here Presently I have a POS HP laptop and a watt inverter I know not much for gaming is it blush So since I ve built my own systems for Home use for a long time now I came up with this idea I bought me a watt inverter and am thinking of building a Mid-tower computer Laptop, SFF or Mid-Tower Design ? Need some advice here for over the road use only Heres my present list of parts that I have on hand now that I could build with AMD gigs of ram MSI Neo Platinum MOBO Cd-Rom Drives SATA HD s SONY in LCD monitor I have no case as of yet cause heres the problem Is it much better to buy a Shuttle SFF like the SN P and lose all the extra pci buses that I can use or find me a case that I can use Before answering I was also thinking some time down the road I might go with a Dual CPU like the so that leaves me with a difficult choise here Really I dont think it s a problem but I am leaning towards a Full Mid-Tower design What if any suggestions do you guys think nbsp

A:Laptop, SFF or Mid-Tower Design ? Need some advice here

If you're gonna be lugging this system around with you, I dont see how much benefit you'll get from extra PCI slots. I'm not sure how smooth your ride is, but I'm fairly certain I wouldnt want to run my PC around in a truck all day. To be honest if anything I'd be considering an Alienware laptop (alienware.com) as you can also get a PCMCIA cellular card for fraggin over the net, and have a lot less cable mess cluttering up your cab.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-sff-or-mid-tower-design-need-some-advice-here.30226/
Relevancy 34.83%

Well no matter what I ve tried my computer seems intent in eing a insert bad word here Specs and such ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name JAVIERXP Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer VIA Technologies Inc System Model KT - BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode The tower either starts to beep after every seconds a semi long continous beep and then it just repeats itself And it goes indefinetly Then I figured how to apprently reset it by removing a small pin like cover and putting it back again and it works BUT only temporarily as it Tower Problems still New giving presents itself to be rather unstable Sometimes it beeps like it passed but doesn t do anything else Sometimes it statys stuck at the Console selection menu Sometimes New Tower still giving Problems it stays New Tower still giving Problems stuck at the Configuration New Tower still giving Problems menu Last Known working configuration menu thingy Sometimes after multiple resets it gets into win xp but then suddenly just turns off and auto resets itself Sometimes it just falls back to that long continious beep every three seconds again which at time it happens I can t go into the system and have to remove the little pin cover and replace it again I REALLY dont want to take it to a techie but Im beginning to think I would have Any one knows whats going on Ah yes when it does go back in soemtimes an error window appears I jotted down the errors Here s a list of errors the machine has given me BCCode d BCP D BCP BCP BCP B OSVer SP Product BCCode BCP FFFDB D BCP BCP BF B BCP OSVer SP Product BCCode BCP FFFDB D BCP BCP BF B BCP OSVer SP Product BCCode BCP FFFDE D BCP BCP BF B BCP OSVer SP Product So I dont know whether this is software or hardware related anymore nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-tower-still-giving-problems.21366/
Relevancy 34.83%

i toook off the side case on my tower and i was wondering if it would be better if it left it on.. since i have a fan and it would make it better for cold air to stay in..

A:Is it better to have the case on the side of the tower on or off?

Im not exactly sure, i guess it depends on the computer setup. You can check with a temp monitoring software like speedfan and check temps with it off and with it on. Personally ive noticed lower temps with the case off when i had no case fans. But recently i got a power supply with 2 fans, and have added 4 case fans. Since ive created a strong airflow through my computer, taking the case off would disrupt that flow and make the case fans pretty much useless, i see lower temps with the case on and all 4 case fans going.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-better-to-have-the-case-on-the-side-of-the-tower-on-or-off.20816/
Relevancy 35.26%

Okay I m totally new to this site as in I just registered moments ago I m not entirely certain if this is Tower beeping? the right forum for this if it s not please feel free to direct me to the correct forum for it I am currently on my boyfriend Tower beeping? s computer which is right beside mine About an hour ago my tower started beeping continuously I had no idea why and just figured I should shut it down to be safe as I was on my way to the store at the Tower beeping? time When I returned from the store my computer would not boot back up It gets to the windows screen but never goes past there Also the tower no longer beeps and hasn t since I tried rebooting it earlier I googled for some answers and discovered that there is such a thing as beep codes Which would be great and probably help me solve the problem or at least know what the hell the problem is if I had known about them sooner and was bright enough to count the beeps So now I am totally at a loss does anyone know what I could do to try and figure out what is wrong with it If all else fails I ll have to take it to a tech I guess which I really don t want to do Any feedback would be nice thanks nbsp

A:Tower beeping?

If it beeped, then it is almost certainly a hardware thing. This could be due to loose memory (this happened to me before), a loose PCI/AGP card, or a more serious hardware (motherboard) failure. I'd make sure your connections are nice and tight. Also watch if the fans are working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tower-beeping.16835/
Relevancy 35.26%

I m posting this in here because this forum has the most people viewing it right now and no one replied to it in the general hardware forum I originally posted it on I am currently on my boyfriend s computer which is right beside mine About an hour ago my tower started beeping continuously I had no idea why and just figured I should shut it down to be safe as I was on my way to the store at the time When I returned from the store my computer would not boot back up It gets to the windows screen but never goes past there Also the tower no longer beeps and hasn t since I tried rebooting it earlier I googled for some answers and discovered that there is such a thing as beep codes Which would be great and probably help me solve the problem or at least know what the hell the problem is if I had known about them sooner and was bright enough to count the beeps So now I am totally at a loss does anyone know what I could do to try and figure out what is wrong with it If all else fails I ll have to take it to a tech I guess which I really don t want to do Any feedback would be nice thanks nbsp

A:Tower beeping?

Design ,It would be helpful to fill in your profile on your Hardware .In this case the Motherboard ,brand and model #.
You will get a lot more help that way.
Beep codes differ and are specific to the company that wrote the bios. Also they will have a different pattern for each type of error.this is a repeating pattern of long and/or short beeps.
However these occur at initial boot time .
Since your computer has re-booted up to Windows almost ,you should look in your event viewer for errors.
Try to boot windows into Safe mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tower-beeping.16836/
Relevancy 33.54%

Found AntennaSearch but then later found reviews saying it was often inaccurate.

Looked up Verizon towers in my town, found one on AntennaSearch. Later did the
same search on another website and it says there isn't one where AntennaSearch says.

That other website was steelintheair I think -

Anybody know of a reliable cell phone tower search site?

Thanks!

A:Is there a reliable cell phone tower search site?

Every single cell tower cite is in the FCC database on the FCC web-site (www.fcc.gov), but it's not easy to find. I would try active license search for specific type of cellular communications.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-a-reliable-cell-phone-tower-search-site.145184/
Relevancy 34.4%

Alright this is going to be a bit of a book so prepare yourself I will start out with system won't tower now PC start Spilled water, components Mobo - Gigabyte FXA-UD CPU - AMD FX- PSU - Thermaltake TR Spilled water, now tower PC won't start RX W Memory - x GB GSkill Ripjaw So the initial problem was on Monday when I spilled water into Spilled water, now tower PC won't start the top of my tower I have watercooling so that area is open with two fans and a radiator there Anyway I only spilled a little water and manually powered it off immediately I took out components and dried everything set it in the sun and then tried powering it on much later I got nothing the lights would blink and that is all I would get I hoped it was the PSU and took that out and did the jump bit with the paperclip it started up and I attached peripherals to it from another computer and it ran them fine After testing it in different ways I figured it was fine So I thought I may have destroyed my mobo or my processor I reattached my PSU to my board but I left the v CPU connection off and it started everything else up So I thought maybe the board was bad I picked up a new motherboard and proceeded to attach everything to it I then crossed my fingers and gave it power and it didn t work of course So my next step was CPU I bought a new CPU and I tried it out on my old motherboard first thinking that maybe the motherboard was fine all along Of course it didn t work So I set everything up with new mobo new CPU minimum connections no HD no CDROM and booted it up It did start with v and pin and everything connected The graphics card spun up and everything I thought quot Thank god quot but lo and behold I have no video I swapped out my grphx card for another one from an old computer questionable if the damn thing works but it spun up and still no video output I got no beeps ever so I dunno if my motherboard even has a speaker on it Any thoughts Did my troubleshooting components between two boards destroy anything like did my new processor fry on the old board or did the old processor fry my new board I am getting terribly frustrated with this whole thing and I am going to be in a lot of trouble if I don t get it up and running soon There are virtual machines on my HD that I need and I don t know that I can run them on any other computer because they are configured for that machine s processor etc Assuming the HD is even okay Help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/spilled-water-now-tower-pc-wont-start.186784/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all just bought a hp tower as it needed reformatting or a boot disc I turned it on and it got to screen saying thank you your pc is now set up but then the little egg timer came up and after 5 minutes the pc just switched off now no green light on back by psu and no power has the psu just blown or could it be another problem .. thanks in advance

UPDATE - plugged my psu into it and it turned on so im assuming ive been very unlucky and psu has just blown can anyone help me where to get one very cheap pc is a hp media centre m000 I looked on ebay and cant seem to see anything the one in there is the origanal I think which is a 230watt

A:HP tower just turned off, no power light

Maybe - http://www.911forpcs.com/m376n.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-tower-just-turned-off-no-power-light.186632/
Relevancy 34.83%

I recently bought a pc from my friend Its an Amthlon AMD I think with ghz speed an Nvidia gfx mb win XP RAM well actually its a good PC My friend had it rigged up to play Final Fantasy Online It was working real nice at new problems Tower with PC Having major first But since I was using this old tower for internet I Having major problems with new PC Tower had to at times disconnect the new tower to put the old one the one Im using right now Yesterday the new tower experienced a set back I had removed the old one and reinstalled the new one but since it didnt Having major problems with new PC Tower recognize the monitor I had to turn it off When it did recognize the monitor it had some sort of corrupted file After that it went in normally but anytime it will just turn off and reboot by itself At times a blue screen could be seen but it went off so fast I couldnt see anything When Id get back on an error report would be there I copied the report on that PC tower and was planning on moving it here But alas the pc turned off again and this time it wouldn t reboot on It would turn on but instead of logging into any kind of screen the monitor stays in an orange light as in not recognized and the PC tower starts to beep I wish Id have copied down the error report but its all in the new tower No matter what I do the system doesn t go back in It just beeps and stays beeping and doesnt do anything else Any ideas of what s wrong with it I also wanted to add When it gets turned on it takes a bit then it does one long beep Then it waits a while Then it repeats another long beep The computers motherboard is a Soyo Dragon Im unsure which however nbsp

A:Having major problems with new PC Tower

Look in the Read for Beepcodes in the CPU forum http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic17013.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-major-problems-with-new-pc-tower.19174/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a Gateway GR series tower It came with mb of RAM Last owner upgraded it to gb of ram and it has another mb ram in it Anyways I just checked out the specs and it maxes out at GB of RAM machine is years old I purchased PNY DDR PC GB of RAM for it for like bucks This is what the shop owner recommended Well after I put in the screen had lines through it looked fuzzy and after - minutes it would shut it's self off Which memory slot do I remove to install the new GB ram stick Do I remove the mb ram stick and install the gb or ram here I tried both options and still get same results Either option I try takes forever to load or it shuts it's self down after minutes After I place in the the GB a back screen comes up with GB of RAM however it doesn't load into the OS Any help suggestions Anyways I returned everything back to the way it was and now it seems it has tower RAM Gateway Adding 500GR to a spinning cursor or after - minutes it shuts it's self down This is my main machine I do strictly for email and invoices through Quick books I tried system restore but it failed Please help All help is greatly appreciated customer doesn't have windows disks and he only wants to backup pictures and quick books the rest Adding RAM to Gateway 500GR tower of the stuff Adding RAM to Gateway 500GR tower on the system he doesn't care about Adding RAM to Gateway 500GR tower Any tricks I can do in safe mode BIOS which slot do I place the GB of ram in the mb or the slot that has already GB of ram in it PS It seems it has memory slots on the motherboard not sure what those are for Any ideas Thanks Mjv

A:Adding RAM to Gateway 500GR tower

Try running the computer in safe mode with networking, see if it still shuts down. Since you are back to the original RAM configuration, it could be the video card (check for updated drivers, and reseat the card) or power supply the is going bad. Also the RAM needs to be installed in pairs.

Also if you can, go to crucial.com, and see which type and amount of RAM the computer uses. Although you may not be able to use their system scanner in safe mode, you will need to search manually.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/adding-ram-to-gateway-500gr-tower-931362.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Tech Support Guy System SSD New for tower? old Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total New SSD for old tower? - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - New SSD for old tower? MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation D GCF Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner EnabledClick to expand As shown above I have an older tower that I have modestly upgraded with a SATA DVD drive more RAM and a better video card I was wondering if my system is compatible to a SSD drive and if it is how much would it improve performance Also would I be able to clone my current SATA drive to it nbsp

A:New SSD for old tower?

Well there are three issues I see;
1 Your mb only has sata 2 ports and that will limit or throttle the speed of a modern ssd. It will still be a HUGE improvement over a mech hard disk however you will be somewhat limited.
2 Next issue is that xp [your os] does not support TRIM or wear leveling for the ssd. This causes a degrading of performance over time. Sometimes the drive mfg has a utility that will do basically the same thing. Another option is to make an image of the ssd and store the image on a second hd, external, etc. Once the image is made, boot with parted magic linux and secure erase the ssd. Once the ssd is secure erased, restore the image. This will also restore the ssd drive's speed.
3 XP does not apply the correct partition offset for a ssd. This can be edited manually using linux OR you can create the partitions with a win7/win8 boot disk then install xp.

Other than the above issues, you can install a ssd drive and you will see a significant improvement in performance however not as much as with a modern mb supporting sata3.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-ssd-for-old-tower.1154425/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi,

I recently changed my ASUS wifi to an Apple Airport Extreme (tower).
Configured it, everything worked well - Except for my vstarcam.

It somehow doesn't get an IP over the wifi.

I tried hooking it up via the ethernet and it did get an IP, in fact it worked
perfectly as I was able to receive the video through my iPhone (this after I setup
the port forwarding and the port 81). I disconnected to the home wireless and
jumped to telco's 4G and it still is working nicely.

Can anyone shed a light on how I can have this vstarcam work via wifi?
Just a note, this was working perfectly on ASUS via wifi.

cheers,
GaryS>

A:vstarcam + airport extreme (tower)

UPDATE:

I mentioned in my post (above) that;

"After setting the port forwarding and the setting port 81, that I managed to make the camera work".

I think that statement is not exactly accurate! I have 3 vstarcam, and after I posted the item above, I went and fiddle with the other camera, connected it directly via ethernet to the base station. It was to my surprise that without doing anything on the configuration (and I was still on 4G), to my surprise, I was able to receive the broadcast!

I deleted the port forwarding that I setup initially just incase the the second IP cam has been assigned with the same IP address. It still worked!

So now, I can do away with port forwarding and just settle the issue of these cams to receive their wireless IP addresses.

cheers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vstarcam-airport-extreme-tower.1154329/
Relevancy 34.4%

This morning I booted up my tower I noticed wifi bars in my tray showing weak signal.  I clicked on it an disconnected the bars disappeared and cable hookup showed back up.  I have been on on wifi for many years and have never seen this happen, any idea why it would happen?

A:Wifi jumped to my wired tower!

Just went up and tried it again it was back on wifi, just for a test I hooked up one of the wifi antennas that came with the machine it doubled the bars.  Just for giggles I did a speed test then killed the wifi connection and did it again numbers were very close.  I did get 25 updates yesterday I am wondering is one of them had anything to do with this issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586364/wifi-jumped-to-my-wired-tower/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi
  I  would like to purchase a secondhand tower Desktop PC, which seems a bargain,

but the seller has confused me as i have asked if it is a genuine installed Windows 7 Professional edition which

is all i would like to purchase, A genuine  Windows 7 professional installed on a Desktop,

the seller has explained in email   "I only have a copy of the disk but  it's a real copy with a legal code"

Would this be genuine ?

I would be grateful for some advice please.
Ben

A:Secondand Tower

"I only have a copy of the disk but it's a real copy with a legal code" should set off red flags.The copy would be "real" (it certainly would not an unreal copy) but it is still copy. You don't know if he has given anyone else the same copy with the same license.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571422/secondand-tower/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi desktop Windows install down XP to Create slim Pro small computer. on tower SP3 everyone using this forum I want to create a slim down version of Windows XP Pro SP to install on a small tower computer So in reference to that I have questions Are there any programs like Nlite and WinFuture xp-iso-builder that are legal to use and have been authorised by Microsoft but if your answer is no then What programs are legal to use and are authorised by Microsoft then again if your answer is no then Has Microsoft 'created' or provided a program to create a slim down version of Windows XP Also Create slim down Windows XP Pro SP3 to install on small tower desktop computer. I have two related questions Would it be legal to create a Windows XP custom setup disc for my OWN use ONLY Can you still obtain an original copy of Windows XP together with the licence There is a reason why I want to acheive this but I DO NOT want to explain why at this present time Also to anyone please provide me with full answers and I do thank anyone who does respond Lastly thank you for your patience in this matter and I do look forward to receiving your reply soon in the near future From Mah-jonng

A:Create slim down Windows XP Pro SP3 to install on small tower desktop computer.

You might take a look at widows ce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514042/create-slim-down-windows-xp-pro-sp3-to-install-on-small-tower-desktop-computer/
Relevancy 34.4%

It WAS a great computer with XP Media that I got someone as a gift After years he recently gave it back saying it was unusable and if I didn't want it it was going to the trash bin I figured maybe tower to Trying CoreDuo old resucitate Gateway run some malware antivirus programs etc and it'd be Trying to resucitate old Gateway CoreDuo tower back to normal Way wrong His partner used it to stay on facebook all the time and I don't know how or what she did online but it seems like she killed the computer and raised it from the dead as a Zombie After boot if the cat is in the HDD light stays permanently illuminated you cannot do anything on the computer and it consumes all the bandwidth available on the connection So it must be a zombie spambot right Remove the network cable and after a minute or the HDD light extinguishes and our bandwidth returns You can even slowly navigate around the computer I've run Avast Malwarebytes IObit and Spybot s amp d

A:Trying to resucitate old Gateway CoreDuo tower

Fresh install is the only option. I suggest installing Windows 7 legitimately and then installing Windows 10, as it is relatively light on resources. 32 bit, of course.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585020/trying-to-resucitate-old-gateway-coreduo-tower/
Relevancy 34.4%

Why do I hear rumbling on my PC computer tower? It goes on about 85% of time.
I have windows 7 pro.

Could their be programs running in background?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-i-hear-rumbling-on-my-pc-computer-tower.1157512/
Relevancy 34.83%

Well idk what to do my tower will turn on but nothing is working no screen flash not even a welcome screen just black screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tower-is-turning-on-but-nothing-is-happening.1157878/
Relevancy 34.4%

I tipped my tower over and I can't get to the desktop. I have a fan that is not working, so it typically brings up an error screen when booting that I exit out of and start automatically. Now it does the same but brings me to a blue screen after with the options of continue to windows 8.1, restart, or shut down. Every option just loops me back to the error screen followed by the blue screen.

I opened the case and made sure everything was tight, and while I'm no expert, it looks okay. Anything I can do? Any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/tower-tipped-over-boot-issues-1057810.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a PC tower but no monitor for it. It turns on, can get power, but I need to see what is on it. I have an idea to connect it to my laptop to play games with. Like install the games to the tower and access them via my laptop. Is this possible?

A:Connect a Laptop to a pc Tower?

buy one monitor

https://malwaretips.com/threads/connect-a-laptop-to-a-pc-tower.31659/
Relevancy 35.26%

This may sound strange but. I pulled an old tower out of my closet to see if it works. It kinda does. When I turn it on the fans go and the lights to but it dosent turn on on. It's like its in a standby. But yesterday I was messing with it and I went to move it (it was still on) and I heard a click, the fans slowed down, and the computer fully turned on. I am at my limit here. What do I do!?

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi all, back to the gurus!!
Just tried to convert a few movies to AVI, using Freemake video converter. Gets to around 5% and then I get a buzzing sound emanating from the tower. Didn't sound like a fan hum or the like, a bzzzzz like a loud mozzie. Disconnected everything, took off the side cover and blew it out with compressed air but there wasn't a great deal of gunk anyway. Plugged her back in but same thing happens!! Any clues guys and gals??

Update: I ran CPUID HWmonitor and then tried to convert the file while watching CPUID. The line under temperature (TMPIN2) got to 80c and then the buzzing started. Does this mean I have to redo the thermal paste or something else? (It was a stock standard CPU when installed and no extra paste was used.

A:Buzzing noise from the tower

Quote: Originally Posted by lffoar

Hi all, back to the gurus!!
Just tried to convert a few movies to AVI, using Freemake video converter. Gets to around 5% and then I get a buzzing sound emanating from the tower. Didn't sound like a fan hum or the like, a bzzzzz like a loud mozzie. Disconnected everything, took off the side cover and blew it out with compressed air but there wasn't a great deal of gunk anyway. Plugged her back in but same thing happens!! Any clues guys and gals??

Are you trying to burn it directly to cd/dvd? Just convert & save the AVI on the computer, then burn it cd/dvd disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/388034-buzzing-noise-tower.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Its not an atx tower.

Its power supply (which I've test for voltage at its plug - about 19v) plugs directly the the mainboard.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-D...307764?hash=item540886d834:g:hi4AAOxy2CZTX8e6

I've checked all on-board connectors and the ON switch is working (tested with ohm meter).

With the power connected, there's no life or lit LEDs at all.

One for the scrap yard ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dead-hp-110-210ea-tower.1163432/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi there, Matt lost monitor signal while tower is still on. IP address of the tower can't be detected. Checked windows logs says Kernel power 41 error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

A:Matt Lost monitor signal while tower is still on

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nscm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nscm.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, 0, fffff88004059738, fffff88004058f90}

Probably caused by : nscm.sys ( nscm+37f2 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Looks like an issue with Novell. You will need to contact them to resolve the issue.

See:
Support | Random blue screen caused by NSCM.SYS

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389138-matt-lost-monitor-signal-while-tower-still.html
Relevancy 34.83%

our office desktop tower will not turn on...we've disconnected the power sources etc and still nothing?

A:desktop tower power

What exactly do you mean by this?
we've disconnected the power sources etc and still nothing?Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-tower-power.1164932/
Relevancy 34.83%

Had a KDM-MTFX9320 320W TFX. Ordered a KDM 320W FLEX MFX 9320C. Will this work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-have-a-dell-mini-tower.1165462/
Relevancy 33.97%

After unplugging mouse for cable adjustment, turning back computer on , cursor stuck in the middle of the screen. Tried different mose same thing, cursor stuck. Please help.

A:Cursor stuck at startup, HP tower, USB mouse.

Did you try booting in safe mode? If you boot into safe mode and find you do have control of the mouse try this trick. Open device manager and delete the mouse device. Reboot into normal mode. Windows should reinstall the same mouse driver you were using. This seems to fix up driver problems more than half the time and is very low risk.

If you boot in safe mode but the mouse is still stuck you should still be able to delete the mouse from device manager navigating with the keyboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/391478-cursor-stuck-startup-hp-tower-usb-mouse.html
Relevancy 33.97%

After unplugging mouse for cable adjustment, turning back computer on , cursor stuck in the middle of the screen. Tried different mose same thing, cursor stuck. Please help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/391476-cursor-stuck-startup-hp-tower-usb-mouse.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hidy ho all,

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my tax return monies. And I'm leaning more towards building a new gaming PC then anything else.

So, I put together a parts list and could use some feedback on it. There are reasons for everything on this list, mostly budgetary, some preferential.

Anywho, if you have the time, could you take a look and tell me what you think?

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi there i tower black the Monitor but on. goes is still m having an issue where I would be browsing the web watching Netflix playing a game or even just going through Monitor goes black but the tower is still on. files and the computer would just go right to a black screen where the backlit LED lights are still visible and the monitors blue ON glow is still active and I would look over at the PC and it would still be on All noises from shows id be watching would play then cut out like they were interrupted and when i unplug the video cord and plug it back in all i get is a white static screen then it will usually go back to black backlit screen I have searched all over to find out the issue that is causing this but i just can t figure it out I would even hold the power button to restart the PC and the moment it would restart and be back at the home screen it would happen again Please help PC specs CPU Intel Core i - K GPU MSI GeForce GTX Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Gene VI Power Supply Corsair HX Ram G Skill Sniper GB Operating System Windows Pro nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-goes-black-but-the-tower-is-still-on.1168510/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi again so I had tower Monitor still is while black running Goes the this issue before and I had help with someone saying it mightve been the graphics card Well I replaced it with Monitor Goes black while the tower is still running a new one and I didnt experience the issue for a few days but just a half hour ago it happened again twice So it s been narrowed down it isn t the GPU like most of my friends thought but I have no way of checking if its anything else due to a backup power supply being too low wattage and well that would be about the only other part I have haha This issue is really causing my anxiety to hit new levels as I just can t figure this out I have never experienced this before till about Monitor Goes black while the tower is still running the beginning of march I thought it was driver issues but I went through older and newer ones to no avail and my monitor is just fine I have already tested that theory Could it be the modular power cables attached to the graphics card Could it be the motherboard failing My BIOS is also at stock nothing is overclocked and speccy is reporting everything at normal temps Please Help PC Specs CPU Intel i K Devil s Canyon GPU MSI GeForce GTX GAMING ME the G one thats red but green Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Gene VI Z chipset Power Supply Corsair HX Watt not the hx i Ram G Skill Sniper GB DDR nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-goes-black-while-the-tower-is-still-running.1168706/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a self built Tower pc with windows 7 pro on it and i wanted to use and learn more about windows 10 but i do not want to upgrade my Windows 7 box to windows 10. I have another box that i can use for windows 10 but my question is how or where would i get the copy of windows 10 and install it? since i do own a copy of windows 7 pro.

A:Install windows 10 on another PC tower.

Make an image of your Win7 system and then upgrade. With the image you can always roll back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/394411-install-windows-10-another-pc-tower.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I am helping a friend who inherited a Gateway DVD eject from tower Gateway button Accessing desktop from a family member I had to replace the CD DVD drive on her tower and managed to get the case open relatively easily once I found a Accessing DVD eject button from Gateway tower YouTube video on opening a Gateway tower I replaced the drive but when I went to put the front back on the case I noticed that the front bezel effectively covered the eject button on the DVD drive making it impossible to open close the drive via the button nbsp There are Accessing DVD eject button from Gateway tower two bays of the right size on this particular Gateway tower both at the very top of the tower The bezel has a hinged door that folds down in front of each of the two upper bays so that you can access the drive when you need access but the bezel itself has a tallish horizontal divider that covers the eject button nbsp I'm having trouble believing that anyone could actually design something that definitely blocks access to the eject button which is below the drive tray just like on most DVD drives so I'm guessing there is a trick of some kind to removing the crossbrace or whatever it is that is blocking access to the eject button I'm darned if I can figure out the trick though The crossbrace has some kind of slidey-thing on the side facing the computer but pushing it does nothing that I can see and the crossbrace itself seems to be the same piece as the bezel nbsp Could someone tell me either a how to remove that crossbrace orb confirm that it can't be done because the bezel is poorly designed nbsp Many thanks

A:Accessing DVD eject button from Gateway tower

Can you post the desktop model number and pics of old and new drives?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Accessing-DVD-eject-button-from-Gateway-tower/td-p/417808/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a teck question for the Acer Aspire motherbroad x1930 computer case front panel wiring - Red & White are for the power switch and the Yellow & Orange are for the Led power light - question Is Yellow +plus or - negative and what is Orange + plus or - negative . I need to know this because I`am changing towers from the small form factor to a mid-tower so I can add a Video card . 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-x1930-change-of-tower-case/td-p/429853/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a teck question for the Acer Aspire motherbroad x1930 computer case front panel wiring - Red & White are for the power switch and the Yellow & Orange are for the Led power light - question Is Yellow +plus or - negative and what is Orange + plus or - negative . I need to know this because I`am changing towers from the small form factor to a mid-tower so I can add a Video card . 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-x1930-change-of-tower-case/m-p/429853
Relevancy 33.54%

hello everyone!!! justa quick motherboard question. my original motherboard failed on my desktop. as a replacement i was given an Asus P5KPL-AM motherboard. i would just like to know this mobo would fit in the aspire tower properly? thanks!!

A:Acer Aspire desktop AM5640-E5550A Tower.

Hello, Yes it's a µATX form factor so no problems. But you won't be able to use the pre-installed version of Windows.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-desktop-AM5640-E5550A-Tower/td-p/421074/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 34.4%

Query: I now have a Dimension 2350--Premium 4CPU 1.8 GHz. I have added Ram to 768 MHz. It is now about 9 years old. It has a failure of the heat sink clamp and I need to replace. I would like to know what new models (tower) that are similar in layout. [ports, hardware slots, size etc.] I want enough hard drive, ram that would be useful for several years.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:What model Acre Tower is like my old Dell?

Something in our T series is probably the most similar in look and feel to your old Dell. You can see a full list of models and specs at http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series/aspiremt.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/What-model-Acre-Tower-is-like-my-old-Dell/td-p/313840/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 34.4%

I need a new PC and amconsidering an Acer.  I want to know what software comes preloaded on an Acer Tower?

A:What software comes preload on an Acer Tower

That is hard to answer seeing how the software can vary between models. For the most part it is bloat-ware; shortcuts to promoted software by Acer, their recovery software, and some trial software like antivirus and Office. You will find this with most manufactures. When you purchase a desktop you can always delete and remove the advertisement shortcuts, trial software and install your own software preferences.   

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/What-software-comes-preload-on-an-Acer-Tower/td-p/313838/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 32.68%

DC5100 Tower Audio driver Workaround for WinServer 2007 Data Center; is there a sound driver for this OS ?

A:DC5100 Tower Audio driver Workaround for WinServer 2007 Data...

Hi: The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the Vista driver... http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=447280&swItemId=vc_53028_1&swEnvOid=2096

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/DC5100-Tower-Audio-driver-Workaround-for-WinServer-2007-Data/td-p/5520337
Relevancy 33.97%

The tower has the exact same specs that it comes with, motherboard is the same (Violet, I think its nicknamed) etc. wanna know if this will fit it: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L5GZOOK#Ask

A:Will this graphics card fit my Pavilion p6247 c-b? The tower...

There are three concerns that I have about the card: 1) it states that it will work with only 300W.  I have found these claims have not been correct.  2) the card is extremely long.  There may not be enough space for it without some problems. You can measure from the Back I/O plate to the front of the case. and 3) newer cards after the GT 640 series require UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard BIOS.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012.  Your computer was released on September 24, 2009. My advice is to choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best card for your computer and needs.  I like EVGA (1-888-881-3842).  Their Tech Support is very helpful and knowledgeable. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-this-graphics-card-fit-my-Pavilion-p6247-c-b-The-tower/td-p/5588207
Relevancy 34.4%

I have just purchased this HP 550-108A Destop Tower and HP 23vx 23-inch LED Backlit Monitor And I thought (in general) Desktop towers have there "own built-in Speakers/ Sound.IF this does can you please tell me how to get this too work?I plug in "Headphones"- re-start and it  (works)I plug in "Speakers"- re-start and it  (works)Nothing plug in- (No Sound)Please Help !

Kind RegardsSonia McMahon

A:HP 550-108a Core i5 Desktop Tower

Sonia, welcome to the forum. There are no speakers in the tower.  The only speakers would be in the monitor or speakers that you would add to the computer. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-550-108a-Core-i5-Desktop-Tower/td-p/5587236
Relevancy 33.97%

Brand New HP Z240 Tower Workstation with HP Solid State Drive will not BOOTHP diagnosticsHard Drive SMART Check: WARNING (1: NOT AVAILABLE)Hard Drive Short DST Check: NOT AVAILABLE (1: NOT AVAILABLE)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/No-Boot-Device-HP-Z240-Tower-Workstation/td-p/5592736
Relevancy 34.83%

There have been a few threads about the propreitary pin PSU connectors and that there's no aftermarket support for upgrades But it's been a little while and Lenovo around the office my staff are calling them Le-No-No now hasn't change policy or offered an upgrade nbsp We have just received several of these i PC's and they all have the useless w PSU's Those are severely limiting in what video cards can be installed as anything over w will knock the PSU over That means no decent cards Tower PSU Options M92p A Quadro is at W M92p Tower PSU Options about as far as we can go nbsp My CDW rep has been working to find a solution for us but without any success So I'm bringing it to the community before I have to re-evaluate our desktop hardware choice nbsp Has anybody made either an adapter or a PSU that will work on the Lenovo -pin motherboards nbsp Oh and yes I've read http forums lenovo com t A-M-and-Edge-Series-ThinkCentre M P- pin-power-supply-connector m-p No help there Thought I'd post a clear question here in hopes that someone has started making adapters Solved Go to Solution

A:M92p Tower PSU Options

Hello,I have the same problem with this **bleep**ty power management. 280w with no option of an upgrade... What did they think when they built this? however I did some research and found this:http://www.moddiy.com/products/IBM-Lenovo-PSU-Main-Power-24%252dPin-to-14%252dPin-Adapter-Cable-%283... Did anyone try this yet? Can it be used safe on the system? And will it do the work that it should do?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M92p-Tower-PSU-Options/td-p/1226169
Relevancy 32.68%

We chose an M800 for a project due to the picture shown on the Lenovo site for that model as having a PCI slot. After recieving it, of course we learned that it is an "optional part".   There was no way to select this when we originally ordered it.  I know the Fru  00XG124, MSI M.2 to PCI card_V1.0.   I would prefer to order the part, and bring it up to the spec we need as opposed to returning the unit.  Any suggestions?  So far CS has been less than help full.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M800-Tower-Slot-4-half-length-full-height-optional-32-bit-PCI-2/td-p/3304719
Relevancy 33.97%

I am on Bios A09 on my Precision Tower 7910.  I see A12 is released.  Anyone update?
A month ago, A10 was available for a day and they pulled it. I did download it, but did not install it. They never posted A11, but now have A12 listed as recommended. A11 is listed as previous versions, but A10 is not. So I assume A12 has the fixes in A10, A11, and A12. Just wondering if I should go from A09 to A12.
My System has Dual Intel Xeon Processor E5-2630 v3 (8C HT, 20MB Cache, 2.4 GHz Turbo).
A11 notes Fixes & Enhancements

Enhanced the Memory Mapped IO to automatically map the correct amount of Memory for PCI devices depending on the user configuration, thus the previous setup option for Small and Large has been removed.
Removed the Fastboot setup option.
A12 notes Fixes & Enhancements:

Adds support for Broadwell (v4) CPUs

A:Precision Tower 7910 Bios Update

I only install a systems bios update to address a specific issue I may be facing. Are you currently having issues with this desktop?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19682220
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi, I'm using an 755 SFF now and the system is operating wll. However the adding of a better grafic card is problematic cause of the limited space.

Now I'm thinking of finden a (evt. defect Mini Tower model) and put the motherboard, HDrive of the 755 SFF into the larger Mini Tower case and buy a better grafics card.

Are the components compatible?
thanks

A:Motherboard etc. 755 SFF compatible with the Mini Tower?

Hello, HEINFLHS
Yes everything would work well however from what I know your motherboard is smaller it will go in to the chassis though none of the expansion slots will align with the chassis slots as your motherboard as smaller than the chassis. I suggest you pick up a 755 MT motherboard for full compatibility and by the way these are like $50 or maybe less and you could just put all your current hardware on it (cpu, ram ,hard drive cable, etc) with no capability issues.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19682566
Relevancy 34.4%

We have a Dell Precision Tower 3620 and have purchased a firepro W7000 to install. only problem is the 6 Pin connector provided by dell has a different pin arrangement. the middle top pin as you look at the plug is square instead of the usual rounded corner pin so will not go into the socket.
Anyone know why this would be?
Thanks
Aaron

A:Dell Precision Tower 3620 GPU 6 PIN

The only video cards validated in the Precision T3620 did not need the power supply lead. So this may be why the 290w PSU is lacking the correct cable? Perhaps another Precision T3620 can open their case and also check the PSU cabling.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19682569
Relevancy 33.97%

g'day ~ I am planning to upgrade my e6300 dual core to a q6600 quad core cpu these are both 1066mhz front side bus , and same lga772 socket does anyone know if I can go for a faster cpu that runs on a 1333mhz FSB ? any info much appreciated !

A:upgrading dc7700 tower to quad core cpu ????????

What's deficient about the E6300? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/upgrading-dc7700-tower-to-quad-core-cpu/td-p/43806